[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't organize your folders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: 1475715027054.jpg (233KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475715027054.jpg
233KB, 800x600px
Don't fall for this meme.

Organizing my imageboard pictures folder only made things worse.

Before organizing everything neatly into hundreds of different folders, I had to scroll my entire folder just to find that one picture I was looking for. It could take me up to a full minute or even more just to select a perfect picture. So I decided to organize things to make using pictures easier.

So then I made hundreds of subfolders in my main core folder. There were folders for smug anime girls, pepes, all sorts of facial expressions, all sorts of dank memes. At first, I felt relieved, but then I realized I had made a mistake.

I realized that when my folders were not organized, in the end it was always worth the search, and the picture I would choose was always spot on. I also would always see all sorts of different pictures as I scrolled through the folder and remember of the times that I saved that picture. They were good times indeed. With the folders being so fully organized, there was no more fun in uploading pictures. The fun had disappeared, as if it was taken by the wind.

The conclusion is that back then, my folder was disorganized, but still, organized in a way. An emotional way. The folder being disorganized made my memories be always organized. I will immediatly dump all my subfolders into a single folder and make everything like it was before. This way, the wonderful memories I built out of misery with you wonderful people will never again disappear, and I will again find these feelings whenever I scroll through my main folder.

Thank you for reading everything.

Have a good night.
>>
I feel this feeling too

thank you for sharing
>>
get Hydra and tag your shit
>>
File: tumblr_nliexeWTvO1qzfzj8o3_1280.jpg (667KB, 691x1023px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nliexeWTvO1qzfzj8o3_1280.jpg
667KB, 691x1023px
>>46966
I understand exactly and this is why I only have two folders: one for memes, reaction images, image macros and whatever else, and the other for asian femguys
>>
File: 1479327449723.png (197KB, 449x442px)
1479327449723.png
197KB, 449x442px
It depends how many images you save.

First, organize your posts by board at the very least. If you like a specific IP enough (video game, anime, etc) then consider starting a folder just for that, especially if you spend a lot of time in threads relating to it.

As a general unwritten rule, for example, you want to be using /a/-related reaction pictures on /a/, /v/-related ones on /v/, /sp/-related ones on /sp/, etc. But you can go an extra mile and be an even better poster by using Sports team specific images in game threads for that team, anime-specific reaction images in threads about that anime, and so on.

For example, pic related is a picture you can use anywhere on /a/, but you probably don't want to be using it on /sp/. And you get style points for using it in a thread about the source material. Anons tend to adhere to this without being told, and it improves the browsing experience because if I like a specific show, I'm more likely to want to see the bulk of the images in a thread at least have some connection to it.
>>
File: 1455437103769.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455437103769.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>46966
I know this feeling I really do and I understand it and get it

But I also know the pain of trying to find that one specific pic and not being able to find it
>>
>>46966
Woah

That image was in a tgtf caption I saw

Thanks for the boner OP
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.