[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Large Image Collections

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

File: 1 (7).gif (37KB, 440x780px) Image search: [Google]
1 (7).gif
37KB, 440x780px
Collectors: How do you manage your collections once you can no longer readily find the files you need?

I just passed 50,000 not too long ago, and I started looking into my options.

>Hydrus Network
I'm leaning towards it, but it really sucks that it duplicates your entire collection and wastes twice the hard drive space. Also I don't like how you can't open images in HoneyView or any external program; you're essentially limited to the program to view images. You also give up folders forever, so I can't go find it if I want to reference it somewhere.

>Just keep sorting in folders
This is a huge pain in the ass for big collections. I can never find a file I'm thinking of if I need it.

>Some tagging software
I have no idea where to go on this one. Do any of you do tagging? I want to do something like this, just keep all of my images in one giant folder and tag them all for easy reference.

What do you guys do? How do you manage your collections?
>>
finder tags
>>
I hadn't heard of that hydrus network before, looks pretty neat. I was going to suggest starting your own private booru but this seems to be essentially the same thing with some perks. Also I haven't set it up myself yet, but the readme says you CAN open images in an external program?
>>
File: file.png (22KB, 353x481px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
22KB, 353x481px
I mostly just try to have good organization
Art goes in various categorized subfolders
Reaction images get descriptive filenames so I can search for them
Admittedly it can get hard to find stuff but I'm too lazy to start a new system at this point
>>
>>45605
The simplest way is to add the tags in the filename: "tag_1 tag_2.jpg"
The backside is that you're limited to 255 chars per file.
>>
File: Feeding ducks at the pond.png (194KB, 600x771px) Image search: [Google]
Feeding ducks at the pond.png
194KB, 600x771px
>>45605
I have to take audit days after seperating them into different folders.

Currently sitting at 50,000 some images, and 43.4 GB of internet fun/history.
>>
File: 1465226091542.jpg (260KB, 724x724px) Image search: [Google]
1465226091542.jpg
260KB, 724x724px
I remember I tried making software that attempted to look up images in a booru and give them tags based on that. Never got around to finishing it though.
>>
>>47102
I would unironically pay you 200 dollars worth of start up fund for a program like that.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.