[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: LOL.jpg (138KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
138KB, 800x570px
LOL
>>
What the fuck is this, 2008?
>>
>>44229
>>>/v/
>>
>>44229
Real talk, tho. I don't consider mobile games and flash games actual videogames. They count these in the statistics, so you get web articles from 'journalists' saying things like "See? Girls play games just as much as guys do!".
But the reality is, if you exclude those game platforms, you get something around 80% of gamers being male. And femitards wonder why videogames are heavily leaned towards masculinity?
>>
>>44237
I think you're right, but the language just hasn't caught up. Mobile games were basically a new medium of interactive play, not exactly comparable to the previous PC and console games we already knew. Which is why people say "real games". Imagine the guy from Saw being asked if he was a "real" gamer - well he certainly does lots of games, but that's not what the question is implicitly asking. It's clunkier to say "So, are you a console or PC gamer?"

Same reason there's so much debate over whether golf is a "real" sport.

Obviously snobbishness can be and is a part of it often, but most of the time I don't think people mean anything bad by a question like that. Gaming on mobile versus PC - those two things really aren't the same hobby.
>>
>>44237
>flash games
Not most of them to be sure, but some like http://www.inishie-dungeon.com I would consider to be a real game. And if you take a look at some of the more quality flash games (such as the ones created by Nitrome -- see Double Edged, Steamlands ect.) they become more like games you'd see in an arcade. Those dress-up 'girly' games wouldn't fall into this category though.
>>
>>44229
>playing some scrub in goldeneye
>he doesn't use the c buttons
How do these people even breathe
>>
>>44239
>Same reason there's so much debate over whether golf is a "real" sport.
Makes me think of the "Smash isnt a fighting game" argument in the FGC. I lean towards it isnt because, while its a game that has fighting in arena, its more of a casual all-star brawler with many random elements. It doesnt help that its "competitive scene" is full of actual fucking autists with bad hygiene and terible attitudes.

Speaking of fighting games, why is the FGC dominated by men? There are a few girls here and there but the highest placing "girl" in major tourneys is a crazy person who is actually a man.
>>
>>44229
I didn't read that but the pink cat looks like a self-important prick.
>>
>>44361
Most of it is probably cultural, but part of it may be biological. For example, men's eyes are better adapted to tracking things. This is useful for video games. Whereas women's eyes are better at picking up color and texture.
>>
File: LOL.png (537KB, 485x760px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.png
537KB, 485x760px
haha
>>
haha
>>
>>45440
ROFL
>>
>>44361
>Speaking of fighting games, why is the FGC dominated by men? There are a few girls here and there but the highest placing "girl" in major tourneys is a crazy person who is actually a man.
Isn't this the same for every video game?
>>
>>44239
>Imagine the guy from Saw being asked if he was a "real" gamer
how would he respond?
>>
File: video gay.png (206KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
video gay.png
206KB, 640x480px
>>
File: connect the hd to the tv.jpg (348KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
connect the hd to the tv.jpg
348KB, 640x360px
Is this how it works?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.