[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voting Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

File: 1475547549488.gif (577KB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1475547549488.gif
577KB, 360x202px
So I voted yesterday. Voted Gary Johnson then went and ate Mediterranean food and had a few beers. I don't even like Gary Johnson but he's better than the other two. Who are you going to vote for? Are you voting early like me? Why or why not?
>>
>>42606
>voting Gary Johnson
why even bother might as well throw your ballet in the trash
>>
>>42608
Why would you do that to those poor anorexic girls? They just want to dance.
>>
>>42610
i know right thats really fucked up of me
>>
>>42606
Why didnt you vote jill stein, someone with a project for the future even though seriously flawed by some aspects instead of a "DUDE FREE MARKET LMAO" clown?
>>
>>42614
Jill Stein wasn't on the ballot in my state. I would have considered her if she was. Is it true she's an anti-vaccer?
>>
>>42614
who cares if he voted for stein or Johnson neither have a chance in hell of winning
>>
>>42617
My strategy is to bolster support for a third party candidate to have a better advantage in the 2020 election and also to scare the two party system enough to take on third party ideas. I vehemently hate the Dems and Repubs.
>>
KANYE 2020!
>>
I am choosing not to vote, since voting is unethical, immoral, and authoritarian.
Democracy is conservative, authoritarian, and a great way to take away freedoms.
>>
>>42621
Wouldn't moving to a less Democratic system be more advantageous to your livelihood with your view point?
>>
>>42624
>>42621
and by moving I mean physically changing countries.
>>
>>42624
Moving to an anarchist place would be advantageous. However, no place like that exists at the moment.
>>
>>42628
There's places in Africa that boarder on anarchism at least if you have money.
>>
>>42629
They border on libertarianism, actually.
>>
>>42629
Anarchism means order without power when in Africa it's disorder with power.
>>42630
More accurate.
>>
>>42630
You're probably more accurate with that.
>>
>when 4chan doesn't allow some sections of unicode like U+24B6 CIRCLED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A
>>
>>42636
>>42637
What are you attempting to do and failing at?
>>
>>42638
Ah
>>
>>42638
Would @ be minarchism?
>>
>>42614
Stein doesn't have a plan. She's a meme candidate running on an issues campaign and has repeatedly demonstrated that she has no idea what the fuck she's talking about. The only one who even remotely has an understanding of the issues is Clinton.
>>
Voting on election day because I never have. Still undecided.
>>
>>42651
I would recommend voting early if there's still time in your state and if your state does early voting. In 2012 I had to wait for two hours for my local voting center to get through the line just even in the building. This time I was in and out in twenty minutes.
>>
>>42653
Yeah, but 2012 was my first election and I voted by mail. Just want to see the hubub. Polling stations around me aren't too busy, I've heard. Plus I work from home so I can go sometime in the day when the wagies are working.
>>
>>42648
>tfw Schillary is the only candidate who is not a meme candidate.
>>
>>42658
>Plus I work from home so I can go sometime in the day when the wagies are working.
You have the advantage there. Good luck on picking your choice of candidate.
>>
>>42659
Hey, it's not my fault the minor parties wasted a good year to push for down ballot candidates and get traction. Instead they choose an idiot hippie and a brain dead stoner.

As for Trump... He hasn't said anything remotely close to the truth at all and has nothing but the vaguest of generalities as to how he would actually govern, and what he has said shows his vast ignorance of not just the issues, but the basic framework of how our government actually works.
>>
>>42668
Honestly, I will probably vote for Hill in the hope that she gets impeached and Kane is King
>>
>>42671
Tim Kaine strikes me as the kind of guy who wears nothing but cardigans.
>>
There's no such thing as "voting for the least bad person"
The real perspective to take is "I'm voting for a bad person and I'm okay with this since I have low standards"
It's best to not vote at all than to make a bad vote.
>>
>>42786
but it's not just presidents you're voting for it's local shit as well. The local part is far more important.
>>
>>42910
You have a point. I voted no to a $40 million initiative to build a park because I know not all that money is going into building a park. I suspect embezzlement.
>>
>>42918
Do you actually know that, or are you just speculating?

I say this because parks are awesome.
>>
>>42936
It had a blurb about it on the voting machine. My suspicions are because it's not hard to find corruption in the local government where I live. I do like parks but they're not going to create a $40 million dollar park. They're going to make a $5 million dollar park and pocket $35 million.
>>
>>42937
Well did you go to any of the public meetings? It might cost that much to buy land, rent equipment, pay workers, have everything inspected and maintained.

I'm not doubting you, it's just that $40 million isn't a lot of money these days and I'd hate to see a public works project fail because of rumour and suspicion.

But I'm biased. I like trees.
>>
>>42954
>Well did you go to any of the public meetings?
No. I failed on that front.
>It might cost that much to buy land, rent equipment, pay workers, have everything inspected and maintained.
The thing about where I live is that there are smoozing and kickbacks to every private company involved in being hired or deals made. Say you're making a land deal well lets do that but make sure you hire my non-accomplished lawyer son to draft the deal. I could go on and on about that but that's one example of how things work around here so I'll keep it brief. The public works are usually a way for some people to get richer off of the back of the tax payers in order for a few people to see some nice landscaping.
>>
>>42959
I guess I'm saying is cynicism is good in small doses, but only you know much you've eaten.

I'm sure you did the right thing Anon. :o)
>>
I voted for hillary. Trump can't even run a business, let alone a country.
>>
>>42964
Good on you for voting.
>>
File: 1474065998608.jpg (71KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474065998608.jpg
71KB, 960x640px
>>42608
A vote for Gary Johnson is vote that isnt for Hillary Clinton
OP did good
>>
>>42651
Vote anyone but clinton, it doesnt matter, hell dont vote at all if you cant decide
>>
>>42910
Voting is bad no matter what level it is at. Trying to domineer and control your local countrymen is just as bad and fascist.
>>
>>43066
Anarky plz go
>>
>>43068
authoritarian pls go
>>
>>42608
>why even bother might as well throw your ballet in the trash
This kind of moronic, short-sighted thinking is what got USA into this situation in the first place.
>>
>>42968
I voted for Clinton, simply because I hate /pol/
I probably wouldn't have waited an hour in line to early vote if I didn't hate /pol/ so much.
>>
>>43085
same

i don't even like clinton. i just don't wanna see /pol/ happy.
>>
File: iwillmurder.jpg (126KB, 476x542px) Image search: [Google]
iwillmurder.jpg
126KB, 476x542px
>>43085
>I hate /pol/
get ready for tuesday faggot
>>
>>43089
inb4 pol is always right except when they're wrong
>>
File: lookatallthishorseshit.png (31KB, 1032x379px) Image search: [Google]
lookatallthishorseshit.png
31KB, 1032x379px
>>42606

My state does not allow early voting, but on Tuesday I'll be voting Trump just to rustle the jim-jams of all the unironically liberal pieces of human garbage that infest this site.
>>
>>43085
>Voting for a candidate out of spite for someone else.
>>
>>43121
>being an insufferable autistic asshole to everyone
>expects them to vote for who they want anyway
nope
granted I didn't even care about this election until I had to deal with /pol/'s shit.
>>
>>43111
If you wanted to rustle their jim-jams more, don't vote: have you noticed it's liberals that fund all the "pls vote" propaganda?
>>
>>43111
I don't know what's more pathetic: your post or the one you uploaded.
>>
File: 4chan_users_in_a_nutshell.png (175KB, 236x349px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_users_in_a_nutshell.png
175KB, 236x349px
>>43339

Don't be disingenuous, anon. It doesn't become you.

>>43346

JIMS STATUS:
[ ] Not Jammed
[x] JAMMED
>>
>>42606
do you think well get meme spouting faggots at the polls?
>>
File: 43fcab5.jpg (140KB, 1080x1341px) Image search: [Google]
43fcab5.jpg
140KB, 1080x1341px
>>42967
It's a vote that isn't for shillary or Trump

Op did a smart

Fify
>>
File: 1468701199520.png (454KB, 886x756px) Image search: [Google]
1468701199520.png
454KB, 886x756px
>>42606

>early voting

that, plus your superduperultramega delegates system, totally safe and secure voting machines™ and all that interstate voting fuckery in general, I wonder why you americans don't just set up some sort of Govern-o-tron to pick up your government body, since is more simple to implement and just as easy to rig.
>>
>>43446
Why not wait until the singularity? Then we can ask it the meaning of life, the universe, and everything to get the answer.
>>
>>43446
my state has like 274 closed systems for voting,
it would pretty damn hard to rig without anyone noticing.
>>
>>43446
you forgot to mention the fucking stupid “winner takes all” system, which always results in a 2-party system
>>
>>43371
In any way: voting is bad.
Voting means you consent to taking away other peoples' freedoms.
>>
We support the illusion of democracy in a system that elects pre-selected voters to vote for pre-selected figures that are merely a front for opposing circles of our modern aristocracy.

Sincerely,
The Evil Chickens
>>
>>42616
>Jill Stein wasn't on the ballot in my state.
In Soviet America, politicians choose who you can vote for.

Seriously, I know she's a joke, but how is that democratic?

>>43605
Damn it, that's my point, but you didn't have to express it in such a ridiculous way.
>>
>>43617
>Seriously, I know she's a joke, but how is that democratic?
Oh, I know. My mom was going to vote Jill Stein because she was a huge Bernie supporter. She told me a few months back that there was some fuckery going on with the ballot for Jill Stein and they would have to go through the courts. That made it impossible to get on the ballot in time for the general election.
>>
Too lazy to vote early but I'll be voting tomorrow.

Voting for Clinton, since I can't stand Trump's nonsense. It's a real shame, since literally any Republican candidate would have won this election.
>>
>>43490
Yeah, also this.

>Gore got more votes than Bush
>Bush won

Democracy, amirite.
>>
>>42619
for third parties to have a chance, the main two have to be fucking stubborn and rigid and not take on any new or different ideas-- so I hope beyond all hope they get sticks up their asses
>>
I'm voting tomorrow. It will be for the less openly terrible candidate, although I'm not excited about it. Trump either doesn't know how to play the game or refuses to, either way that makes him a fool.
>>
I don't know who I'd rather see upset, crazy liberals or /pol/.
>>
>>43773
Vote third party and make them all upset.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
http://www.strawpoll.me/11602464

VIP only poll, please do not post this outside of our sekrit club board.
>>
>>43780
Don't vote, and make them upset, and the third parties upset too.
>>
>>43785
Write in Donald Duck and make the Dems, the Repubs, the third parties, and the people who don't vote upset.
>>
>>43788
>Donald Duck
>not Mickey Mouse
liberals gtfo
>>
>>43791
But Mickey Mouse is anti-semitic, rascist, and has strange ears. How could you support such a candidate for president?
>>
>>43773
They stopped caring when Romney lost pretty quick.
>>
>>42606
Gary Johnson, because the presidential election in my state is going to go Democrat regardless of what I vote, and I'd rather if third parties were more viable.

>>42608
>the presidential race is the only thing on the ballot
Yet another of the problems with America.

>>43617
You can still write her in. Write-ins don't win, but she wasn't going to anyway.

>>42786
Not voting is generally the same as checking "I don't care, y'all decide without me" on the ballot. I abstained from one vote on my ballot this year, because it's a proposition that I want to pass but with less yesses than another proposition, but that kind of strategic fuckery doesn't apply to candidates.
>>
>>43066
>Implying controlling people that don't have the will or brainpower to make their own decisions and scum is bad.
Anarchism only works if you have a well informed and small population, of which the US has neither.
>>
>>43824
Not really. It works as long as people work, which they are forced to do eventually. It works more when people work more.
>>
>>43824
>>43826
The free software community is an example of anarchism that thrives
>>
Good on you, OP. Voting third party, whether Johnson or Stein, is better than the big two choices.

>>42608

It's not throwing away a vote. It's sending a message that people are tired of the two big parties. Besides, voting in the Election is more than just voting for the POTUS. It has local shit in there too that directly affects you.
>>
>>42608
>not helping third party candidates get 5%
Its like you don't even want them to get federal funding.
>>
>>42616
>Is it true she's an anti-vaccer?
Its not. Its a myth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76_MUZ91Fvo&feature=youtu.be&t=1563
https://twitter.com/drjillstein/status/766410502792544256
https://twitter.com/drjillstein/status/759855955118919680
>>
>>43833
Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>43784
You know [vip] is pass to post, not pass to read, right?

>>43801
>You can still write her in.
I didn't know you could do that.
>>
>>43827
Precisely, though the MIT, ISC, and BSD licences embody anarchism and communism far more than restrictive licences like the GPL do.
>>
>>43827
>>43877
The more interesting question is why free software works so well compared to anarchy in real life, and I think the difference is mainly to do with scaling.

Free software scales better because there's a 1:N relationship for work<->benefit, instead of a 1:1 relationship like with real resources (which you can't simply copy/paste).
>>
>>43880
Then again, the more I think about this, the more I begin to question what the concept of `anarchy` really means. I mean fundamentally, none of our governments are imposed upon us by nature - they're human constructs which we've entered willingly, simply because we all profit from mutual cooperation.

There's no divine being that swoops down upon the earth and grants a president or chancellor supreme executive power, it's a distinction that arises purely naturally out a of human society in which every actor only operates with respect to their local environments.

Even in cruel dictatorships, people depend on the government and the government depends on the people. So are we not all living in highly advanced forms of anarchy? And more importantly, if you answer this question with ‘no’, at which point does an anarchy stop becoming an anarchy? Specialization is a fundamental and important part of a successfuly community; and a government is simply a collection of people who have specialized into spending all day making societal decisions so that the rest of society can spend their day doing other things like farming and tailoring instead.

There is about as much meaning to a community subdividing into a government and a general public as there is meaning in a community subdividing into farmers and people who consume farmed goods. So what really makes an anarchy an anarchy?
>>
>>43881
>willingly
No one consents to being born. Idiot.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.