[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is donating to 4chan really assuring us a better future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: giphy[1].gif (461KB, 460x347px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
461KB, 460x347px
Is donating to 4chan really assuring us a better future?
>>
>>36444
Is BEING on 4chan really assuring us a better future?
>>
it will at the very least help stop the bleeding.

I think Hiro is trying his best to run the site without putting himself with serious debt, like moot has.
>>
>>36444
4chan is the future. Relax. Enjoy the ride.
>>
>>36466

OK, I mean AFTER YOU ALL WAKE UP FROM YOUR FUCKING NAPS...
>>
Nah, Hiro is just making his initial investment back so he can sell the site again
>>
back in the old days there was no captcha

i will happily pay to rid myself of that evil every fucking year until i die
>>
>>36444

I would say so. I wonder what % of 4Chan regulars have a pass? It would be an interesting statistic. I imagine that even if only a relatively small percentage of users owned a pass -- say 10% -- it would cover the costs.
>>
File: unknown.png (272KB, 444x426px)
unknown.png
272KB, 444x426px
>>36444
>Is donating to 4chan really assuring us a better future?
No
>Is BEING on 4chan really assuring us a better future?
No

And I wouldn't have it any other way
>>
>>36444
Given the recent events, I'd say no.

But it cost me $15, and for that its paid for itself in the amount of entertainment it has given me over the years.
>>
>>36444
Not remotely. But if you hysterically want to support it, and expect no return on or feedback on your investment, the option is there. Better Stripe than kickstarter.
>>
>>36557
>4Chan regulars
Yeah, no, I prefer no archives of IPs. You'll have to do with total number of unique visitor (about 1/10 post, 9/10 are lurkers) and number of posts.
And we need way below 10%.

I'd like to know number of pass.
Is there news of the donation page? Are the messages displayed somewhere?
>>
>>36932
You could only want those stats to troll with. Die in a fire.
>>
4chan is a shithole but it's the best one we got

if Hiro says he needs money for that I believe him
>>
File: hirojewki.png (2MB, 1402x3892px) Image search: [Google]
hirojewki.png
2MB, 1402x3892px
>>36444
Yes, buy passes for your friends too.
>>
>>36929
>Gets hit with million dollars
>Doesn't just casually walk out with it
Why Donald?
>>
File: gookinanook.jpg (208KB, 587x663px) Image search: [Google]
gookinanook.jpg
208KB, 587x663px
>>36996
>>
Not at all, but that's not why I donated,
I donated because I Don't want to lose this place, there's nowhere quite like it
>>
>>37006
Scrooge would want it back. Not much can stop Scrooge McDuck.
>>
>>36996
So much time and effort put into defaming a stranger.
>>
>>36932
>about 1/10 post, 9/10 are lurkers
I find this hard to believe
>>
>>36444
I play my part to fund the internet because I am not a parasite. I also don't use adblock.
>>
>>36444
Probably not, but it got me a cool badge and i can post on a super secret raid board.
>>
>>37182
I may be wrong in the exact number, but I remember it was a surprisingly high proportion of non-posters/lurkers.
I lurk without posting in more than half threads I open, including the ones I close quickly after having a better read at the OP. With the ones that share stuff without really asking for interaction (dump thread when you don't have pics to post for example), and the ones I open from thread watcher several times (even if I posted before closing), that sound reasonable to me.
I post in most threads I open on /vip/, it really depends on the board, style of surfing, etc.
>>
>>37182

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_%28Internet_culture%29
>>
>>37182
Didn't moot confirm this? The stats were very close anyway. Huge amount of lurkers, a lot of which are one-time visitors (going to /b/ but I'm sure those visitors go to /pol/ now), then the percentage of users who post is relatively small.
>>
>>36444
Yes.
Not many advertisers will touch us, banks won't come near us. This website has and will probably always be self supported. After J list left I assume Moot was no longer able to support the servers, and in all honesty willing to, we were never supposed to be a raid board, yet that is kinda what we became. Hiro bought the site through his own interests, but has found the same server maintenance costs. The more important question should be >>36447
>>
test post
>>
>>37486
>>
>>37481
The majority are lurkers, I assume they still go through /b/ given it's reputation although /pol/ are getting a lot of attention,which means eventually we can merge the two boards as they will be no different to each other.
Then the rest of us can continue as normal.
>>
>>37486
You are here.
>>
>>36458
What bleeding? What evidence is there that 4chan is perpetually in the red?
>>
You people do realize there's a full-fledged "GIVE MONEY, GET NOTHING" option now, right?
>>
>>37611
>>36996
This is evidence. He needs our help.
>>
>>36996
As much as I don't want that info to be true, the only reason I bought a 4chan pass was because my dynamic IPs were banned because allegedly someone else was shitposting via them, and the ban stated a 4chan pass was the only way to circumvent said ban.
>>
>>36444
quite the opposite actually.
>>
>>36458
wrong, hes trying to make profits. because the site never made money when moot had it.
moots debt is from other dumb fucking shit.
>>
>>37611
the only thing thats putting this place in the red is the risk of hiro getting booked for all his own security fraud, and the other person who holds half the rights to this site not being able to buy him out.
>>
>>38233
>and the other person who holds half the rights to this site
Who, the Jews?
>>
In my opinion if the donations wind up still not being enough to cover the cost of the site, then they should display a bar indicating the monthly costs. It would help me and probably a lot of people decide how much to chip in.
>>
>>38409
>>36996
>>
>>38409
But that way Hiro wouldn't be able to keep begging for monies claiming the site isn't self-sustaining
>>
>>38409
Yeah, but Hiro is negotiating hosting prices, and can't tell what deal he got (otherwise, other clients would just ask for the same deal.) At least, not before negotiations are over.

It sucks. He could give a number, any number, just to have something motivating donors. But it would have to be higher than what's needed (since it being lower would necessarily be not enough to pay up), and he's already being accused of being a jew.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.