[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This board is a land with many powers at war with each other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 25

File: IMG_0538.jpg (23KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0538.jpg
23KB, 120x90px
This board is a land with many powers at war with each other

>frogposters & /pol/ (25% pop)
>animeposters (40% pop)
>oldfags (10% pop)
>normies (15% pop)

Report in for your team
Oldfag here
>>
>>frogposters & /pol/ (25% pop)
No.
>>
>>36305
Why fight each other? Fight the enemy. But fuck /co/
>>
>>36305
Oldfag here. Only have a pass because a whole range of ip's in my city got permabanned and this was the only way to stay here forever.
>>
>>36305
>oldfag here
>normies
I think not. Normalfag.
>>
>>36305
I'm not any of those

you're also overestimating frogposters & pol I would say.

What's the last 10%?
>>
>>36413
Whatever you are
What are you if you're not a normie?
>>
>been alive all this time
>still not normal
How?
https://youtu.be/KagvExF-ijc
>>
>>36431
>How?
you know that i'm a crazy bitch
i do what i want when i feel like it!
>>
>>36413
Nah /pol/esmokers have been buying passes since the whole CTR incident because they are afraid of muh Hillary boogeyman
>>
whats the cutoff for oldfag?
>>
Why do we have to fight? I don't frogpost and only have love in my heart for fellow posters. /pol/ is a board of peace.

>>36453
Kek's mercy upon you, brother.
>>
>>36305
If you're calling yourself an oldfag then you probably aren't one and I doubt they make up 10% of the posters here unless you have a very liberal definition of oldfag.

Regardless, I'm an animeposter
>>
>>36471
>Kek's mercy upon you, brother.
xD epic
>>
>>36471
If you don't have love in your heart for all beings you're not welcome on /vip/ slash [vip].
>>
File: meanwhile-back-in-japan.jpg (118KB, 500x841px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile-back-in-japan.jpg
118KB, 500x841px
>>36305
what teme is I on??
>>
>>36519
I'm an imageboard nationalist but some redditors, I assume, are good people. I don't judge.
>>
>>36540
All people are good people. The only difference between you and those you perceive as being bad is to whom you were born to.
>>
File: 1466436369384.jpg (155KB, 654x911px) Image search: [Google]
1466436369384.jpg
155KB, 654x911px
>>36305
I play for more than one team.
>>
>>36551
Yeah, but I live here and not there.
>>
>>36554
Tell me, how do you feel about mosquitoes?
>>
>>36560
They're a problem because they cause people discomfort and illness, but it wouldn't be appropriate to call them evil. They just do what mosquitoes do.
>>
>>36560
What is that some kind of Mexican mosque? Bomb them into rubble.
>>
>>36563
At what point of discomfort and illness do they become a problem?
>>
>>36566
Literally any point. Having an irritating bug bite or contracting malaria both fall into the category of "causing problems for humans".
>>
>>36567
And at what point do you kill one that has sucked your blood?
>>
>>36568
As soon as I can, of course. Preferably before I'm actually bitten, via bug zappers and such.
>>
>>36569
And why?
>>
>>36570
Because I don't want to deal with a bug bite, or in the case of the one that's already preyed on me, because I don't want it to breed.
>>
define oldfag
>>
>>36571
Let's start with the beginning of your post:
"Because I don't want to deal with a bug bite"
I'm not really interested in preservation of complete comfort of self, so this is boring.
But this is more interesting:
"because I don't want it to breed."
Why are you interested in stopping (local) mosquito breedign in the US?
>>
>>36572
As in not you
>>
>>36573
>I'm not really interested in preservation of complete comfort of self
Neither am I. But a bug bite is discomfort without gain.
>Why are you interested in stopping (local) mosquito breedign in the US?
It comes back to the first point, really. Mosquitoes only present negatives to humanity, barring any ecological benefit I might not be aware of.
>>
i discovered 4chan during the newgrounds migration

i didn't post on newgrounds and i still don't know what that is or care

but i was a troll long before i knew what 4chan was

i loved tricking people on the internet. it's so much fun to spin a yarn for someone and have them be completely fooled by your words

i don't know what compelled me to do it

and then after a few years of freelance trolling, i discovered the troll kingdom - 4chan

everyone was pissed that newgrounds was migrating and fucking everything up, but i was more interested in 'meems' and camwhores at that time.

i enjoy using GIMP to alter images to generate laughter

i think i found 4chan originally looking for funny pictures of cats

so i guess that makes me an oldfag, but not by the strictest definition of the word

i am also a horrifying frogposter and consider myself a member of Trump's inner circle

>an internet person

i don't watch anime but i did like Spirited Away and Black Heaven and a few others

i seem like a normie IRL but i have an artificial vagina instead of a girlfriend, and i lurk /b/ instead of having friends

but im not trying to conquer this board. my internet runs out in 17 days. i just wanted to be a part of this board before i was gone.
>>
>a bug bite is discomfort without gain.
Incorrect, the mosquito has gained something.
>Mosquitoes only present negatives to humanity,
Do you know the amount of mosquitoes that there are? Let me tell you this: If I absolutely had to choose between your life and the entirety of mosquitoes, I would choose mosquitoes because their death is much more likely to have a bad effect on the world than you are.
>>
>>36578
this post goes to here:
>>36575
>>
>>36578
>the mosquito has gained something.
But the mosquito doesn't matter as much because it's not a human. That's the crux of my argument: I care more about humanity, of which I constitute a part, than I do about mosquitoes.
>If I absolutely had to choose between your life and the entirety of mosquitoes
How about between humans and mosquitoes?
>>
>>36581
>But the mosquito doesn't matter as much because it's not a human
That's fine, but it's also meaningless. If I choose not to kill a mosquito, I'm not choosing to kill a human. I also care more about humanity than I do mosquitoes, and it's not because I "constitute a part".
Your second question only illustrates to me how removed you are from any interesting discourse. Of course I choose humanity over mosquitoes. Fuck off.
>>
>>36595
Why are you so angry over mosquitoes? It's clearly a proxy for something else for you, but I'm not quite sure what it is.
>If I choose not to kill a mosquito, I'm not choosing to kill a human
Given the diseases that mosquitoes carry, that's quite possibly not the case.
>>
>>36597
>Why are you so angry over mosquitoes? It's clearly a proxy for something else for you, but I'm not quite sure what it is.
This is meaningless; I'm very drunk and am just saying things. Your inability to counter them is your own fault.
I'm glad you finally brought up mosquito disease, because that's a very valid reason to kill them, I'm just still waiting for some good US stats to prove to me that I should kill each mosquito.
>>
>>36599
>that I should kill each mosquito
There's no real reason to expend that level of effort, they're mosquitoes. The problem can be dealt with by other means (bug zappers, repellent, inoculation).

If you did find yourself animated by a genocidal urge against them, though, I'd find it difficult to argue against it.
>>
>>36600
What a nothing answer.
This is really annoying; no one wants to hear your shit if you're not going to make a real statement.
>>
>>36602
It's a nothing answer because the debate is meaningless. Gas the mosquitoes or don't, it doesn't matter. It's as morally acceptable to genocide them as it is to incidentally kill them when they irritate you.
>>
>>36603
Well it's at least nice that you're sure about something. We live in a unsure universe with so much to not know.
But at the same time you stated a bunch of absolute bullshit. If it matters for things to be alive then it mattes for mosquitoes to be alive. The easiest way to accept death past what you've looked at is to assume there's no problem. Which I'm sure you've done. Good job, moral man!
>>
>>36605
holy shit
i dont even remember making these posts but i do remember waking up in a haze on the floor next to my computer
>>
>>36305
newfags
me% pop
>>
>>36305
>don't frequent /pol/
>not an animeposter
>been here since 2010 so not an oldfag

For the first time in my life I guess I'm a normie. Thanks OP
>>
Are there any fellow spics in this board?
>>
>>36786
I'm sure there are somewhere. or it might just be us two
>>
>>36790
As long as we have each other, we will be fine... HAY AY ARRIBA ARRIBA YIPA
>>
File: fuck-world.1453102391119.lit.jpg (195KB, 561x790px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-world.1453102391119.lit.jpg
195KB, 561x790px
>>36314
Oy, fuck you. I'm from an older /co/. What you hate about /co/ are the occupying forces, I promise.
>>
>>36551
>All people are good people.
Now, I'm sure many of you have encountered little shits in supermarkets. Little kids running about and knocking things over, being rude, walking all over their parents, you know the kind. But the worst are the biters. Yes, those little cunts that feel it is okay to bite you whenever they feel like it.

Okay , here's the best part. A biter got me today when I was grocery stopping. He broke the fucking skin, too. This was when the gears started turning, the moment I saw a tiny sprickle of blood on the little shit's teeth as he was grinning at me like the little cunt he is. I made my eyes get wide, and started screaming "SHIT! SHIT!." Now, my good friend, Tom we'll call him, was there too, and he instantly picked up on it. He started shouting "FUCK! MAYBE HE DIDN'T GET IT! FUCK!." By now, the kid is scared shitless and starts crying, and instantly, Mizz Mom appears out of nowhere and starts getting pissy at us for yelling at her kid.

Here's the kicker, I look her straight in the eye and say, "Mam, get your son tested as soon as possible, he just bit me and I'm... I'm FUCKING HIV POSITIVE."

And now there is silence. Not a peep in the entire store. The brat knows he just fucked up big time because his mom isn't defending his ass. She just stares at me wide eyed. I walk away from them, buy my shit from the wide eyed cashier, all the while blood is dripping from my calf, making a nice little trail on the floor. And, just s we leave, we start to hear the mother sobbing. Sobbing like the cunt she is.
I have never felt any more satisfaction than the moment I heard that sob.
>>
File: 1472856216382.jpg (141KB, 457x702px) Image search: [Google]
1472856216382.jpg
141KB, 457x702px
Define normie
>>
>>36551
No people are good people except in Christ. We are all born with original sin.
>>
>>36955
Well that's one idea.
>>
File: implying costanza.jpg (82KB, 590x568px) Image search: [Google]
implying costanza.jpg
82KB, 590x568px
Using the phrase "oldfag" is pretty gay

But I've been here since pre-Obama days. Most of you probably couldn't even vote in 2008 and were still turning in homework.

I miss Costanza more than Cockmongler.
>>
File: bug-girl.1427848893925.bug9.jpg (190KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
bug-girl.1427848893925.bug9.jpg
190KB, 550x550px
>>36947
A normalfag under age 25 who is successful enough to trigger /r9k/.
>>
>>36960
I could vote after 9/11. Still didn't because that shit's gay and pointless, but still. Also, fuck facebook.
>>
File: 1472695977349.jpg (88KB, 734x624px) Image search: [Google]
1472695977349.jpg
88KB, 734x624px
>>
>>36955
Ah
The christian cuck ideology
No wonder that religion is being dominated by islam and atheism
>>
when will cuck get word filtered?

at least fedora is dead and mentioning reddit is lesser now
>>
>>36977
>when will cuck get word filtered?
It did but then some /pol/tards ganged up on hiro and made him remove it
>>
>>36937
Kick them out. Make /co/ Great Again
>>
I'm just here for trips
>>
>>36961
i fall into that category
>>
>>37116
>>36961
>implying it's difficult to trigger /r9k/
>>
>>36960
implying there is any appeal to the most popular boards once you pass the age of 18
>>
>>36420
it's a tripfag. They're their own category.
>>
>>37000
Checked
>>
>>36454
january 2008. start of chanology. anyone coming during/after chanology will forever be a fig newton.
>>
>>36993
/sh/ - Superheroes would make everyone happy but trolls and shills.
>>
>>36305
Double agent for team oldfag & team anime here
>>
>>37151
this tbdesu
>>
>>36578
>I would choose mosquitoes because their death is much more likely to have a bad effect on the world than you are.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

No, mosquitos are the cancer of the earth. Also, wow so edgy with your “muh nature” garbage.

Let me ask you this: What use is there in preserving the world if we aren't around to live in it? Exactly, none.
>>
>>36577
>but im not trying to conquer this board. my internet runs out in 17 days. i just wanted to be a part of this board before i was gone.
RIP, what's happening to your internet connection?
>>
>>36305
I'm just here because I want to support 4chan
>>
>>37193
I remember one /vip/per saying he was taking a sabbatical from the internet. It's a reach but it could be the same guy.
>>
>>36454
June 2009
>>
>>37192
Christ you have an abrasive posting style.
>What use is there in preserving the world if we aren't around to live in it?
What is this even referring to? When did I say death to all humans for nature? I said right here:
>>36595
that I would chose humanity over mosquitoes. What the fuck are you on about?

As an answer to your irrelevant question, if you believe that non-human life has value outside of humans being there to perceive it, then the use would be to preserve that value.
I definitely do feel that way; if you don't, then why? And if so, do you believe that animal abuse in all forms is morally acceptable?

Also, as for what I said to the guy I might have overstepped with the entirety of mosquitoes, but it might be interesting for you to know that there are over 3000 species of mosquito, and only a fraction of them actually bite (they suck nectar, instead). There is debate over what the enviromental consequences would be for the elimination of specific species of mosquito that pose danger to humans (e.g. aedes aegypti), but they would certainly be more slight than the elimination of the entirety of mosquitoes. In any case, if we were able to do it, a better method would be the elimination of the damaging diseases that mosquitoes can carry, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>37368
>I definitely do feel that way; if you don't, then why? And if so, do you believe that animal abuse in all forms is morally acceptable?
I'm a human, why should my actions be concerned for anything other than the benefit of humans? Animals being alive is only good if they benefit us (and by extension, me).

Animal abuse is only unacceptable when it causes emotional distress in humans, because then it's having a direct negative effect on us.
>>
>>37385
So just for the record I can adopt a dog and just fuck the shit out of it on the daily and it's cool so long as I never let anyone know, right?
>>
>>37388
Sure. Who am I to stop you from doing whatever the fuck you want in the privacy of your bedroom?

It gets more challengign when you're talking about abusing other human beings, because at that point you have to start balancing the good of the collective humanity versus the good of any individual person. People don't have equal quality, after all.

I think the moment I would deem something morally unacceptable is if the person you are abusing is somebody I'm emotionally attached to, even if by proxy. (e.g. putting myself into their shoes)
>>
>>37433
And I'm the edgy one.
Thanks for the confirmation; good luck with your worldview.
>>
>>37435
Ow the Edge
>>
>>38887
fore!
>>
>>36574
burn
>>
>>36749
You're both fucking gay
>>
>>38945
well that would explain all these dicks i'm sucking
>>
>>36305
I hate shitskins, I like anime, and I have a gf. Where do I fall into?
>>
>>36305
Oldfag reporting in.
>>
File: q46L4QH.jpg (188KB, 790x403px) Image search: [Google]
q46L4QH.jpg
188KB, 790x403px
>>39088
>tripfag
>oldfag
Sure thing buddo
>>
>>39092
It's true, I'm a /vip/ oldfag as well.
>>
>>39092
Given that that is pretty clearly a customized non-securetripcode, it doesn't really matter
>>
File: woopwoop.gif (705KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
woopwoop.gif
705KB, 500x500px
Yeah, I didn't read this thread, but it looks long and boring.

Can you guys just post some funny pics or something and stop talking about whatever the hell it is you're talking about here?
>>
>>39095
>implying it matters
>>
File: 1460808956199.webm (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
1460808956199.webm
1MB, 360x202px
>>39096
>>
>>36305
>animeposters
>oldfags

This is redundant.
>>
>>39101
Watching anime is not equivalent with being an oldfag however being an oldfag is equivalent of watching anime.

I'd say about 90% of shitty anime posters are newfags. Specially the ones who try to be cute.
>>
File: 1464013680002.jpg (98KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464013680002.jpg
98KB, 720x960px
>>
>>39096
You could just make a new thread you realize, rather than derailing a pre-existing conversation just to dump images
>>
>>36305
>frogposters & /pol/ (1% pop)
>animeposters (99% pop)
Fixed
>>
>>39120
>frogposters & /pol/ (0.01% pop)
>animeposters (99.99% pop)
Fi-Fixed
>>
>>39121
100% accurate

it's only 1 person samefagging cross-boards posting /pol/ bait threads with several proxies and pretending to be multiple /pol/ack anti-anime frogposter redditors
>>
>>39122
Yeah, I know
>>
>>39121
>shitposting (100.000%)
>newfags (100.000%)
Simplified it for you
>>
File: frogpster.jpg (410KB, 1920x823px) Image search: [Google]
frogpster.jpg
410KB, 1920x823px
>>36305
You grossly underestimate /pol/... especially the last few months.

This chart doesn't include the degenerates on /b/ .... but /pol/ smashes the anime boards.
>>
File: 1422769832637.Kirara.jpg (8KB, 300x257px) Image search: [Google]
1422769832637.Kirara.jpg
8KB, 300x257px
>>39141
No we don't. /pol/ is a joke, and doggerel at a that.
>>
>>39093
You're also a horse.
>>
Well I should join the REAL WORLD and pretend cartoon girls are real.
I should fap furiously into a tissue screaming (Favorite fake girl here),s name.
I should make my parents ashamed of me, and stay in there basement?

No thanks Desu

Politics, KEK, memes and getting REAL pussy make the world go round buddy.
>>
>>39149
Be thankful you have a basement. Some weebs don't even have that.
>>
>>39150
Well I'm an oldfag... 55.
Live in Florida so... no basement.

No anime when I was a kid. I did like that Betty Cooper though.
>>
>>39152
If you ever got into a fight with one of your friends over who was hotter, Betty or Veronica, then you can understand why /a/ is so crazy.
>>
>>39154
Its overboard tho bro.... I watched that shit when I was like 8 or 9. I never dry humped pillows or had a fucking Waifu condition.

I like some anime.... I get it.... some would make awesome books even, it's far from what american cartoons are.
But it's no more real than Huckleberry Finn.
Some of these guys are fucking delusional, and can't even function in society. Not average I'm sure, but it's the kind of people you do meet here. Anime Extremists....
>>
File: oh well 5.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
oh well 5.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>39148
Also an undead zombie, a fairy, etc.
at this point I don't even know what I am anymore. Over the years there's been so many inside jokes that I don't know about my lore.
>>
>>39220
>oh well 5
>Cirno
>not oh well 9
>>
File: oh well 8.gif (481KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
oh well 8.gif
481KB, 499x315px
>>39224
Why do you think I have them numbered?
Just memes?
>>
File: 1456430846957.jpg (206KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456430846957.jpg
206KB, 1000x1000px
I guess if I had to choose between those four I'd be an anime poster.
>>
>>39225
>Just memes?
What else is there?
No I mean it. I've lost myself. What else is there but memes?
>>
File: ohlol2.jpg (27KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
ohlol2.jpg
27KB, 310x310px
>>39228
The joke's on you because it only goes up to oh well 8.
>>
>>39228
And well, sensible discussions and conversations with Anons plus funposting is still there you know.
Besides you can't integrate memes into every conversation without getting into 12 layers on irony as internet memes are not inherently funny but rather thinking memes are funny is a meme on itself.
If anything the company of other human beings or rather, your perception of other humans on the internet is what makes you happy but not the memes themselves. Also that is a meme itself.

Maybe you are right, maybe there's nothing but memes.

God damn you moot, why did you have to invent maymays?
>>
>>39230
You should get a Cirno oh well 9.
>>39232
I'm just kidding around. I do love me some dank memes, though.
>>
File: oh lol7.png (447KB, 800x395px) Image search: [Google]
oh lol7.png
447KB, 800x395px
>>39237
No dude, you are making me question the very fabric of reality. I know the way we experience reality is a product of your culture however if the culture is mostly based on memes wouldn't that mean that reality itself is a meme?

As the dictionary definition of meme says; >an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.

The definition alone implies that our very reality is a meme as the way reality is filtered through society makes it a piece knowledge that is learned through imitation from other humans.

REALITY ITSELF IS A MEME.
>>
>>39242
Now, man, see here. You're slipping into solipsism. Next you're going to be dying your hair red and reading Nietzschie for the entertainment value.
>>
>>39245
I'm not saying that only I can prove I exist. However I am stating as a fact that reality itself is a meme because of the way humans built the world and explain it to others.
>>
>>39253
Are you Elon Musk? Do you think this is all in a computer?
>>
>>39254
Bitch I might be.

No but really.
Culture is what surrounds human beings and society is a product of the culture.
Now, the definition of reality is the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

However the state of things change from culture to culture, so you can say reality itself changes between cultures but you can argue "OPPOSED TO THE IDEALISTIC OR NOTIONAL IDEA OF THEM" to which I say: That's how humans built reality to begin with. It is just a way for humans to comprehend reality as it is a product from humans to other humans. The perception of reality, even as it is, is a product that is to be passed from one human to another, thus making it a meme. The fact that you have to think to exist makes you a meme for you are a conglomeration of different ideas absorbed by your own culture.

Shit's fucked up dude. YOU ARE A MEME.

And if humans are memes therefore memes are humans.

Quoting Aristotle
>“Man is by nature a social animal; an individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than human. Society is something that precedes the individual.

Ergo, your love for memes is just your love for humanity manifesting through the internet. As long as you have memes you will never be alone and as long as you have memes you will always belong to a society.

Damn that's cute.
>>
>>39253
>>39256
Don't you think there's a difference between reality and our perception of reality? Or are you making the assertion that reality itself is irrelevant, and only our perception of reality matters?

I mean really, when you get down to it, there exists nothing that can be called a distinct thing - the universe is a collection of particles. What we refer to as a ‘tree’ is really a loose arrangement of particles that's in constant flux with the environment around it. Heck, you and I are just clumped-together pieces of a dead star.

The concept of things such as words, ideas, concepts, time, casuality, and even reality itself being a thing that exists as a distinct entity is an entirely human abstraction. My brain spontaneously believes itself to be a physical reality. I perceive the real world as ‘real’, to the point where it unsettles me to consider the possibility of simply nothing ever having existed. (Reality itself is an absurd concept)

But really, my perception of reality itself is just an arrangement of cells in my brain, which are shaped by millions of years of evolution to think the way humans have collectively evolved to think; the ultimate meme. My thoughts themselves are memes, beacuse all my thoughts are connections between perceived aspects of reality, learned via association. I heard my mother saying the word ‘tree’ often enough to understand that the word means the thing that I think of as a tree. But really, both the word and the tree are human inventions. She passed the tree-concept on to my brain and I accepted it as the only form of reality I know.
>>
>>39306
>>39256
Another thought that I had along this line, some time ago: What if our perception of logic and truth itself is simply a human abstraction?

We have so deeply ingrained in ourselves the idea of statements like “if x = 1 and x = y, then y = 1” and other logical tautologies, but what if the idea of ‘truth’ itself is simply an entity that exists in the mathematical framework of our brain?

Consider the case of a simulated human living inside a simulated physical world. To them, the consistency of this physical world would be undoubtable - they would not perceive any fault, nor have any reason to question it; since it is their entire reality as they have ever grown to know it. They are incapable of thinking of things in terms of anything that exists outside of their system of simulated rules.

If I go and change some aspect of this human's universe by manually reaching into the bits from my seat of power, they would be completely unable to explain it - perhaps even completely unable to comprehend the change. I could suddenly make an apple be green instead of red, and it would seem to violate all established laws of reality within the artificial universe. They could never figure out the mechanism I used to create the change, since they have no concept of computer memory, bits, programs, etc. To them it would be inexplicable.

What if our concept of logic and mathematics is like this? What if our concept of truth arises from a mathematical axiomatic framework within which our universe is being simulated? A higher power could come along and create a logical paradox in our universe, and we would have no way of even understanding how the paradox could come about; and how it could be a reality. Our fundamental understanding of not just physics but mathematics and truth itself could easily be violated by a being that lives outside of our understanding of reality.
>>
>>39315
To us, the idea of a logical paradox seems so absurd, because what we think of as logic is so deeply ingrained and embedded in our brains and our society that we are incapable of even *thinking* about what a different system of logic could look and operate like.

This is the kind of thing that keeps me up at night. The one thing we like to hold on to, the one thing we are sure is absolutely and universally true, basic to all humanity, abstract from all unknowns and all reality - mathematics and logic itself, could simply be a figment of some higher power's imagination, like somebody living in a simulated universe could be a figment of ours.
>>
ITT: High schoolers who think they're smart but barely have a grade school level understanding of the subjects they're speaking about.
>>
>>39100
This is neither cute nor funny
>>
>>39315
>>39316
Learn another language. It literally is a different way of thinking about reality.

Now if you're talking about the human conception of reality that is different for everyone. If you're color blind you're going to have a different experience from others. Everyone's perceptions is different. We're not even talking about location, social standing, economic status, or any of the other political things that shape us. Just imagine not being able to see the color blue. Now imagine being able to see infrared. Can you see the differences in perception we as humans have?
>>
>>39100
life was hell. though we felt pain, we could not die.
>>
>>39357
>Learn another language. It literally is a different way of thinking about reality.
I take it you believe in the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis?

To me, the concept of a language extends past what we usually associate as such. Just like human language extends past basic sentence structure to include advanced concepts such as nonverbal gestures, facial expressions, intonation, pacing etc.; our concept of interaction with the universe extends past simple human<->human contact to much more sophisticated levels.

At the fundamental level, all of our interaction with the environment around us is formed and dictated by the language of interaction that we speak: our senses and actions are just words in a stream of communication with the universe. The thought in our brain are sentences based on primitives which we've learned by experiencing them first-hand. Everything we know is based on a system of connections between different parts of our brain; different memories and experiences coagulating together to form a collective consciousness.

Change the language of your brain and you change the way you fundamentally experience nature itself. Learning a new human language is just a tiny glimpse of what that would feel like.
>>
>>39242
>reality itself is a meme
The Buddha thought so. He was really, really sure about it.
>>
>>39315
There are arithmetic systems where that doesn't hold. Standard arithmetic is useful, but it's not the only game in town.
>>
>>39361
What does learning to lurk and shitpost and code let you glimpse?
>>
I had no idea that when I flippantly said that "What else are there but memes?" we would spin off onto this tangent. I apologize.
>>
>>39380
I think you're tanging the point somewhat. Sure, you can construct systems of arithmetics where different laws hold, but my point was that we always refer to some ingrained sense of “truth”. As long as you construct a consisten system of rules, and you show something is true within those rules, we believe it so, and we believe this property to be innate to nature itself.

I'm suggesting the idea of this ‘innateness to reality itself’ being a simple illusion based on our perception of reality.
>>
>>39399
>tanging
tangenting

>>39381
Learning to code is actually something that I do believe lets you see reality in a new light. At its most basic, a programmer is trained to think in terms of abstractions and strict adherence to patterns; learn to program and you will learn to construct sets of abstract rules and take their consistency to their natural conclusion. (Mathematics is the same, really. I think programming and mathematics are almost equivalent)

It will also help you in learning to break up systems and problems into their basic components. Subdivision is one of programming's key principles, and it goes hand in hand with abstraction.
>>
>>39399
When it comes to arithmetic, mathematicians sure don't do that. And your idea is trite.
>>
>>39402
>When it comes to arithmetic, mathematicians sure don't do that.
Most mathematicians just take the concept of truth for granted. There are exceptions to the rule, like the great logicians who like to mix mathematics with philosophy and question the nature of truth itself (gödel, russel, frege, etc.), but this is a fringe area even for mathematicians.

Furthermore, even they can't escape the clutch of an assumed truth. We take axiomatic theories like ZF for granted; they make ‘sense’ to us. We construct these systems based on an understanding of truth using rules that we innately perceive to be true. We have a built-in perception of logic; which is how mathematics has been done for thousands of years. Axiomatic theory is simply an attempt to try and minimize the reliance on this by reducing the surface area of what we need to assume as true with no further discussion.

It's not well-founded at all. I believe it's a system molded entirely by our perception, not some ‘innate’ or ‘universal’ truth that transcends reality itself.
>>
>>39404
Ignorant drivel.
>>
>>39412
What a foolish way of dismissing that which you don't understand.
>>
>>39342
But I'm a sociology graduate...
>>
>>39444
Trust fund?
>>
>>37151
So when 4chan is 20 years old, people who have been here for 16 years will be newfags right?
No, go fuck yourself. You might call those originalfags, but you are literally oldfag the moment you fit in with the culture. If anons can't tell you're new, then you're not a newfag.
>>
>>39556
There's a difference between being "not a newfag" and being an "oldfag"
>>
>>36305
/vip/ seems like a pretty chill board unlike /qa/. Why can't we all get along? I admit I'm the robot everyone loves to hate after /pol/tards. Damn /pol/tards.
>>
>>39559
/pol/ is a board of peace.
>>
>>39581
/pol/ is literally, LITERALLY, killing 4chan.

So yeah, "board of peace" sounds about right.
>>
>>39583
How is it killing 4chan?
>>
>>39584
Because these newfags think /pol/ is still /pol/ after being raided by leftists spamming nigger threads. I bet they weren't even around for space elevator.
>>
>>39589
so
>>
>>39590
The newfags are killing it, but they think /pol/ is killing it.
>>
>>39591
>muh sikrit club
>>
>>39593
Found the newfag
>>
>>39594
>muh top sikrit club house
>>
>>39593
You do realize you are literally posting in a secret club right now, faggot.
>>
File: 1475512100295.jpg (59KB, 786x716px) Image search: [Google]
1475512100295.jpg
59KB, 786x716px
>>39595
>>
>>39597
:^)
>muh sikrit club
>>
File: Islam.gif (204KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Islam.gif
204KB, 640x480px
>>39599
>>
>>39600
nice doobles! :D
>>
>>39599
>muh 12 year old tendencies
You're a little bitch and you make /pol/ look bad. That's really hard to do.
>>
>>39602
:(
>>
>>39601
>>
>>39604
no problem :D
>>
>>39605
Benis :DDDD
>>
>>39606
Benis™
>>
>>39591
NOTHING WRONG BEING A NEWFAG BEEN HERE FOR 2 DAYS.
>>
>>39152
>I don't have a basement
Then where in your parents' house do you live?
>>
>>39610
In the crawl space :(
>>
>>39242
No faggot, it isn't.
Instead, memes are what keep human society together.
>>
File: ,2,.jpg (16KB, 242x182px) Image search: [Google]
,2,.jpg
16KB, 242x182px
>>39615
Yes it is if we follow the logic of how humanity percipience reality and how the world is built for human.
>>
>>36305
Fuck this board
>>
>>39652
sm
>>
File: 1467545125695.jpg (229KB, 524x643px) Image search: [Google]
1467545125695.jpg
229KB, 524x643px
>>39593
>muh skirt club
Now we're getting somewhere.
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.