[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone notice that what use be called a nerd 20 years ago is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1439112279444.png (217KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1439112279444.png
217KB, 480x360px
anyone notice that what use be called a nerd 20 years ago is now referred to as autistic.
and what use to be called a hipster is now nerd?

would being called autistic be hip and trendy 20 years from?
>>
File: sc.jpg (55KB, 656x480px) Image search: [Google]
sc.jpg
55KB, 656x480px
>>28491
God dammit they're going to steal autism like they stole geek and nerd.
>>
>>28491
As a literal autist, I hope so.
>>
Going the way tech is going it will probably be a slur for people not having a cybernetic body like meat bag.
>>
haha this thread is so autistic
>>
>>28844
no, that wont ever be cool. sorry m8.
>>
>>28887
it makes as much sense as nerd now being trendy
I think most of you are too young to realize, nerd was basically an insult.
>>
autism already is a meme...
>>
autism isnt actually real
>>
>>28911
i agree. i mean, everybody is autistic to some degree...
>>
File: 1475849323290.jpg (2MB, 2000x1460px) Image search: [Google]
1475849323290.jpg
2MB, 2000x1460px
what i hate is that i have always been into computers- since day 1

i loved chatting, and vidya, and all the miracles of the internet

but i was bullied for it when i did it, and called a nerd/dork/autist whatever

now normies have all the same shit on their phones - chatting, vidya, ((tinder))

and i am finally peeling away from technology and enjoying living in the real world away from the screens and i don't have a smartphone or a $100/m data plan and i just canceled my internet

and now the normies mock me for NOT being into technology

it just makes me want to kill them all and start over
>>
>>29003
you worry about what people think to much
i do what i want and dont think about what anyone else would think of it, cause i truly dont give a fuck
who cares what normies think? what are you some kind normie?
>>
>>29003
>and i just canceled my internet
then how are you talking to us?
>>
>>29020
He's probably paid up until the end of the month.
>>
>>29024
this

22 days until the end of the world

>i regret nothing
>>
File: jaypee.1443500823202.nerd-bird.png (181KB, 319x213px) Image search: [Google]
jaypee.1443500823202.nerd-bird.png
181KB, 319x213px
>>28904
Nerd was meant as the opposite or nert, a corruption of nut, meaning too frivolous for your own good or almost crazy. A nerd was thought to be too serious for their own good, even about things not worth the worry.
>>
Autistic already WAS that after a sense. Some of you may not remember that among Internet circles it was "cool" to self diagnose aspergers. In fact, that's sorta where autism-as-insult came from. The SA fags took it upon themselves to harass people doing that.
>>
When hipsters stole the term nerds from nerds, they renamed nerds into neckbeards.
>>
>>29003
Normies gonna normie. They will bully you no matter what you do. Technology is just an excuse.
>>
>>30614
nerd was nonsense word from a dr.seuess book
>>
>>28491
Provided "autist" becomes a less literal term, then it's highly likely. See "weeaboo" turning from an insult to something everyone casually uses and identifying by
>>
>>28491
for a year or two the word for "nerd that we hate" was neckbeard. Now it's autistic. The internet has accelerated our culture so much that generations of insults only last a year or so. What new horrible things will we be calling each other in 2020?
>>
>>31380
isn't now supreme gentleman
>>
File: 1475614359924.jpg (98KB, 375x378px) Image search: [Google]
1475614359924.jpg
98KB, 375x378px
>>28491
yeah
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.