[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to (((British television))), this is what Beowulf looked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: david_ajala_rate_beowulf_tbb.jpg (130KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
david_ajala_rate_beowulf_tbb.jpg
130KB, 400x562px
According to (((British television))), this is what Beowulf looked like. Do you think they are accurate?
>>
>>25699
those dubs are accurate
>>
>>25699
I think that it doesn't matter and Britain is a shithole that needs to sink into the sea. Check my numbers
>>
>>25699
WE
>>
File: 1463660571001.png (322KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
1463660571001.png
322KB, 546x700px
Fuck off retard
>>
I don't really care. Fuck off back to /tv/.
>>
File: 9Vwtoyf.gif (51KB, 137x175px) Image search: [Google]
9Vwtoyf.gif
51KB, 137x175px
>>25785

Why are you so mad, newfriend?
>>
Probably needs a bit more chainmail.
>>
WUZ
>>
DANES
>>
Who's to say he didn't?
>>
>>27027
Beowulf was a fictional character, but the story took place in Denmark, where white European people are indigenous. So, "who's to say that he didn't"? Archaeologists.
>>
>>27032
Yeah well, what do they know?
>>
>>27033
Genealogical history?
>>
>>27039
Oh because that's always 100% accurate...
>>
>>27043
Explain why you think you know better.
>>
>>27032
And even if he did happen to be a nigger in that setting, his skin colour would not be ignored, it would be something to write about, a lot; it would influence his every action and every social interaction significantly, so much as to be a defining trait.
>>
File: pKDdFJR.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pKDdFJR.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
the Japanese think gilgamesh looked like this
I dont see you bitching about it.
>>
>>27195
Don't you DARE try and tell me that's not how gilgamesh looked
>>
File: 1235442570933.jpg (649KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1235442570933.jpg
649KB, 1600x1200px
>>27198
Lucius Artorius Castus wasn't a girl either
>>
>>27195

Gilgamesh comes from Sumeria. Do you have any reason to believe that he wouldn't have been white or had blond hair? According to this website, there is zero evidence about what Sumerians might have looked like, either way:
>http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/06/the-mysterious-origins-of-the-worlds-first-city-builders/

People have sequenced the genomes of Egyptian pharaohs and found that their DNA most closely resembles Western Europeans*, yet most people who live in Egypt in the present day are Arabs, so the ethnic makeup of any given region in the world has certainly been subject to a great deal of change over time. 1000 years ago, most people who live in New York were indigenous North American native peoples, but today, most people who live in New York are ethnically European, Asian, African, and Mexican. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Sumerians would have at least been a Caucasoid people, meaning that their phenotype expression would have been somewhere along the spectrum of European-Arab-Indian. Blond hair is easily lost when a society is conquered by a dark-haired people. Just look at Italy: Many Romans had blond hair and blue eyes, but after being occupied by Moors for hundreds of years during the Middle Ages, most Italians today have at least some Arab DNA.

*Source:
>http://uk.reuters.com/article/oukoe-uk-britain-tutankhamun-dna-idUKTRE7704OR20110801
>>
>>25699
everything on tv is fact and law now is this new?
>>
Really gets those neurons firing.
>>
>>27234
>People have sequenced the genomes of Egyptian pharaohs and found that their DNA most closely resembles Western Europeans*, yet most people who live in Egypt in the present day are Arabs, so the ethnic makeup of any given region in the world has certainly been subject to a great deal of change over time. 1000 years ago, most people who live in New York were indigenous North American native peoples, but today, most people who live in New York are ethnically European, Asian, African, and Mexican. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Sumerians would have at least been a Caucasoid people, meaning that their phenotype expression would have been somewhere along the spectrum of European-Arab-Indian. Blond hair is easily lost when a society is conquered by a dark-haired people. Just look at Italy: Many Romans had blond hair and blue eyes, but after being occupied by Moors for hundreds of years during the Middle Ages, most Italians today have at least some Arab DNA.
By this logic Greeks are turks yet they have an almost identical dna as ancient greeks.
This is pure speculation.
>>
>>27258
We have detailed historical accounts and/or DNA evidence for the races of the three examples I gave (Egyptians, Romans and Native Americans). I didn't mention Greeks or Turks, but I am sure that plenty of historical evidence exists which describes their hair color, migration/conquest history, and racial history.

As for Sumeria, yes, I admit that it's speculation, but I'm not making a very extraordinary claim. All I'm saying is that it seems within the realm of possibility. All the people who live in that region of the world are some variety of Caucasoid. Caucasoid people are capable of having blond hair and fair skin, and it's also very easy for them to lose these phenotypes with enough intermarriage with swarthy Caucasoid people, possibly invaders, as happened in Egypt and Italy.
>>
>>25699
I dint care about historical accuracy, I care if it's any good.
>>
>>25699
except that actor isn't depicting beowulf in the show. beowulf is played by a white actor in that show. david ajala playes a different character.
>>
>>28316
/pol/ BTFO
>>
>>28316
>>28341
That's literally irrelevant. There should be no African people in ancient Denmark at all.
>>
>>28616
>op was wrong
>thats clearly irrelevant
ok, take your (you) and go
>>
>>28616
There should be no dragons in ancient Denmark yet there is.
>>
File: tmp_30681-omnobVt2095527691.jpg (793KB, 1658x2468px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30681-omnobVt2095527691.jpg
793KB, 1658x2468px
>>28616
Kek this reminds me pic related
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.