[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you like your steak, /vip/? Medium rare master race here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 13

How do you like your steak, /vip/?

Medium rare master race here.
>>
Well done
>>
I usually request between medium-rare and medium, as finer establishments will accommodate gladly.
>>
I don't really like steak desu. Fuck I don't like the taste of meat in general. I'm more of a sauce guy.
>>
Memedium rare
>>
>>24532
Medium Well.

Steak people are the most angry judgmental fucks online, I swear to God. How can people get so worked up about other people's food preference?
>>
Well done is the only option. Any other choice is absolutely pedestrian.
>>
>>24532
Medium rare.
>>
Somewhere on the rare side of medium I'm not too picky
>>
>>24610
I'm not saying that this applies to you, but having worked in restaurants my entire life, the "medium well and up" crowd is very often people too classless to realize that you actually CAN eat meat that's not a uniform brown color. It's the ranch dressing and miller light crowd. It doesn't just stop at steak either. I've seen people order $30+ ahi tuna "well done" before.

So yeah, you might have dialed in "medium well" as your preference over years of eating steak, but the average "medium well/well done" crowd is just using their dry, charred beef as a delivery mechanism for steak sauce anyway.

>>24611
gr8 st8k b8
>>
>>24691
>part 2
Also, the "COOK MY STEAK SOME MORE!" crowd doesn't seem to understand the chart from OP. Medium steaks get sent back ALL THE TIME for "having pink."

Over time, you just start to associate every order that's not mid-rare and rare with illiterate, tasteless fucks.

And finally, as someone who has served terrible customers, and has been served by terrible servers at terrible steak houses, either cook your own steak at home, or fuck off. If your tastes are so specific that restaurants never seem to get it right, EAT AT HOME.
>>
>>24532
Medium rare (although fully aware that I may end up getting medium)
>>24545
Why do you even bother then?
>>
>>24532
Rare, but I've always wanted to try Blue Rare.
>>
>>24610
>>24728 is not entirely wrong, even though it "seems" judgemental. It'd be like backing up your records on Hit Clips.
>>
File: Like rape but worse.jpg (10KB, 236x176px) Image search: [Google]
Like rape but worse.jpg
10KB, 236x176px
>>24691
And they pay you for the privilege all the same. So what's the problem? I've had it explained to me in the past, but I just cannot grasp why the restaurant, or anyone, cares.

I've seen people claim that they deliberately sabotage the food of people who order steak "wrong." I expect a lot of that is just people bullshitting, but after seeing that claim enough times I decided to simply never order steak at a restaurant. If I'm in the mood for steak, I'll buy it myself and cook it myself however I damned well please.

I enjoy my incorrect meal and nobody has to get all self righteous and offended. Everybody wins.

I just don't enjoy the texture of rare steak. Medium is fine, but I prefer my meat more on the well side.
>>
>>24754
I just think that demanding well done is a point where it's best to leave it to your own hands. I don't really have any problem with people eating a well-done steak if that's how they like it.
>>
I like medium rare steaks but most of the time they come out as medium. When I go to a place where I know they overcook their steaks I order rare. Either they come out perfect or they come out bloody. If they come out bloody I don't ever go there again.
>>
>>24719
>EAT AT HOME.
That at least we can agree on. I'm sorry the only customers that were unreasonable toward you happened to share my taste in steak.
>>
>>24532
Well done to medium
>>
I wish i could have a professionally made Blue Steak sometime in my life.
Medium Rare is fine otherwise. I get the "full rainbow", as it were
>>
>>24610
>X people are the most angry judgmental fucks online, I swear to God. How can people get so worked up about other people's X preference?
>>
>>24532
Bloody rare to medium rare.
Bloody rare is the best, how can you not enjoy juices?
>>
File: 1431125448104.jpg (57KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1431125448104.jpg
57KB, 500x380px
>eating raw meat
Americans.
>>
>>25115
>not liking raw meat
>wanting your steak to be hard as hell to eat
>>
>>25103
I prefer my X medium well too, but the only people that got all uppity over that were my former in-laws.
>>
>>25115
>What are tartare, sashimi, ossenworst, and yookhwe?
This is the VIP board. At least fake it.
>>
Medium rare or you can go fuck yourself. Rare is acceptable as well, but anything else is literal fucking aids
>>
File: disaster-girl.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
disaster-girl.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>25128
Well done.
>>
R A R E
>>
>>25158
God Sashimi is fucking good.
>>
>>24770
The people who like well-done should just be able to order a lesser cut of meat, then.

If the cooking process makes a $20/lb ribeye indistinguishable from $5 chuck why not just start with the latter? It's so wasteful. It's rude to order steaks this way.
>>
>>25445
Part of me feels this way when I actually heard some Chink order Wagyu cooked to well done.
People are free to spend their money however they want, but it's hard not to wonder about the wisdom of their decision.
>>
>>25212
>>25158
I normally have Sashimi with only wasabi, no soy sauce whatsoever. I haven't had tartare much, but I did have beef tataki recently.
>>
>>25650
You should order your sashimi with mint and virgin rice. Anything else would be for heathens. Especially octopus (tako in japanese) and squid (ika in japanese).
>>
Well done
>>
Also, serf people are the worst kind, they think they can claim others have no class, while they have no right to opinion about it.
>>
>>25762
Speaking of which, something that really triggers me is seeing people taking wasabi and mixing it into soy sauce. I don't get it!
>>
>>25804
You do realize that 90% of wasabi is made with horseradish like what you get at arby's. True Wasabi is $80 a pound.
>>
>>25813
Well yes. Even so, do you not have any issue with people making slurry out of the horseradish with soy sauce that they proceed to dip a slice of Ika into?
>>
>>24691
>>25168
>>25445

Is it so unlikely that someone might have tried rare stakes and just not liked them? If found it too cool, too hard to chew, and with a taste disturbingly like sucking on my finger.

>>25804

It helps control the strength of the flavor. If pickled ginger is available too, that is the best.
>>
>>25804
Soy sauce + wasabi is how true men eat their sushi
>>
>>25856
It's fine that you didn't like them. Just don't destroy them to suit your tastes, when a lesser cut of meat prepared the way you like it will taste just the same.
>>
>>25850
I actually do have an issue with that if it makes me so pendantic. You should have a palette cleanser between each different bit of sushi, sashimi or roll, to make sure you taste the slice in it's own original form. Ginger primarily and green-colored horseradish are what separate the tastes. Now if you feel like paying twenty bucks you can get at most reputable sushi restaurants a dollop of wasabi. This will cleanse your pallette in a unique way because the taste does not linger in your nostrils as horseradish does and will actually have a sweet aftertaste.
>>
I usually eat steak medium, having said that I only eat steak maybe once a year
>>

,ヘ           ,:ヘ.     
               /: : \       /::  !   
            /::::.....  \--―‐'.:.:::...  !   
           /::::::                 ',    
          ,'::::                    i    
           .i::::      '''''''        '''''''   !           
           !:::.       (●),       、(●)、 ! + Medium Rare Filet Mignon   
        |::::..         . ,,ノ(、_, )ヽ、,,    l            _,-,.、
           i;::::..         ノ    ___,,,:: -イ   !       i´ヽ  い {,-ゝ.
          ':;::::...      ヾ二--‐</   /  +     l ,人 __,!...!_}ゝ l
         _  \:::::....       ヽ..__,,/   /    +    ヽ. '´    ` /
     /   `ヽ `ゝ:::::........      ....../_             /    ァ-- '
     i::.....    ;\!..-ー 、 /⌒ヽ      、\      /    .:/
     ` '''''ー- 、::::/ ,.. .  `/:::   〉‐ 、   \ \   /     ..::ノ
           .ソ'    : /::.   /::  〉     \\,/      .:/
         /i:.       :,'::.   /::  ./ヽ       \!     ..:;'
         / |::       |ヽ.:..    :'::/       \    .::/
          /  !::.    i::.:.:`:‐"ー、_,ノ          \:::/
       / ,/ヾ;:....   /:.:.:.:.:/:::.:..             ヽ、
         | :i   `ー::':.:.::.:.:./\:::::.:.:.               ':;
>>
I like it like Max Payne does, well done.
>>
>>24532
Medium. Hamburgers medium well.
>>
>>25865
Destroy, huh? It's all shit in the end anyway, anon.

You think it's a waste of money? Fine. You think it's a waste of ribeye? I don't care. I can afford it, in which case I could blast it out of a cannon and into the sea and it wouldn't concern you one bit.
>>
As a butcher, I go anywhere from rare to medium rare depending on the steak thickness.
Last night I had some rump steak that I cut myself. It must've been about an inch and a half thick (its on offer where I work) so it ended up coming out more rare than medium rare.
Still bloody lovely. Oh so fucking lovely.

Anything more than medium rare is fucking ruined though. I refuse to cook steak for my partner since she "likes" hers well done.
>>
>>24737
Blue rare is nice, so long as its not a stupidly thick bit. B.R works well for thinnish cuts or rib eye. Just be aware that its so, so much juicier than even medium rare.
>>
>>25907
>Medium rare filet
Please tell me you don't mean you cook your fillet steak to even medium rare.
Fillet steak should be done to rare. No more, no less. No point in blue, might as well eat it literally raw if you're going to do that. But anything over rare or maybe pushing medium rare ruins fillet.
>>
>>24532
untouched, directly from the animal. also the organs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weRKlBGszhY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra4NlqSJba0
>>
>>26074
I think you mean to say shouldn't, but believe me, to chefs and butchers, or even meat affectionados, it does matter.
>>
>>26482
>I'm le edgy vampyre xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
I have literally never eaten a steak due to poverty.
Those things are hella expensive!
>>
>>26488
What fifth world country do you live in?
>>
>>26493
Scandinavia.
Those things cost like 20£ for a small piece of meat, that's like how much I spend on two weeks!
>>
File: WIN_20161008_10_35_00_Pro.jpg (224KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161008_10_35_00_Pro.jpg
224KB, 1280x720px
>>26494
Seriously?
Holy fuck. Let me show you what I cut for myself.
This is around an inch thick or so.
>>
>>24532
Rare, but I don't trust most restaurants so they usually cook it MR if I don't ask outright.
>>
>>26495
and that cheap stuff isn't that bad either
>>
File: WIN_20161008_10_41_25_Pro.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161008_10_41_25_Pro.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
>>26497
Its normally £16 a kilo, though recently it was down to £13 a kilo. From Thursday-Sunday, its down to £8.22 a kilo.
Another steal I got was this silverside. Normally £10.00 kilo, now just £6.88
It started as a fresh cut joint, but I've decided to freeze it for now. Can't decide if I'll roast it normally or wait a little longer and whack it in the slow cooker.

Bloody good stuff when you cut it yourself.
>>
>>26488
Take a trip to America, especially in the middle of the country - grilling steak is the national pastime.
>>
>>26499
Put a shirt on McPoyle
>>
>>26499
Self correction, 6.92. Whoops, lol.
>>
File: TITS OUT FOR HARAMBE.jpg (43KB, 583x341px) Image search: [Google]
TITS OUT FOR HARAMBE.jpg
43KB, 583x341px
>>26501
No, its my day off and I won't wear one until I go to fix my bike.
YOU'RE NOT MY REAL FATHER, YOU CAN'T MAKE ME
>>
>>26506
>YOU'RE NOT MY REAL FATHER
No, but that didn't stop me from fucking your mom last night.
>>
>>26508
Hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahah. You've got no idea how fucking probable that is.
She's a swinger and has always been a slut.
On that topic though, I have gotta say, it IS fun knowing that your fucking somebodies mother. Especially when that child is older than you are.
>>
>not posting the version with pepe on the rare steak

dissapointmented
>>
medium rare
>>
File: steak chart.png (328KB, 502x1331px) Image search: [Google]
steak chart.png
328KB, 502x1331px
>>
File: 1472242605609.jpg (91KB, 640x932px) Image search: [Google]
1472242605609.jpg
91KB, 640x932px
>>26484
>I'm le dying of cancer amongst other things xDDDDD
>>
>>26598
>/v/
Seriously, if that image is how they feel, it suits them. /v/ of all places doesn't know what taste is.
>>
I'm a medium well kind of guy.
I want my meat cooked but I still want a little hint of extra juices.

fight me.
>>
I'm poor and I have never had stake.
>>
>>26689
this
>>
>>26481
I mean to say when I cook them, I usually shoot for somewhere between rare and medium rare, generally more towards rare. Never an even medium rare.
>>
i used to eat medium rare or rare because i thought that you had to do it that way to impress people but then i started ordering medium well because i liked it more and don't want cancer
>>
>>24532
I dunno OP, I've never had steak
>>
>>26788
The longer you cook something the more it burns. The more it burns the more carcinogens there are. The more carcinogens the greater the likelihood of cancer.
>>
>>24532
Medium. It's hard for people to fuck that up.
>>
>>26798
oh GOD
>>
>>24532
As someone who orders steak with out the side of parasites, welldone.
>>
>>24532
...Is Blue Rare even safe to eat?
>>
>>26830
Technically raw meat is safe to eat as long as there's an absence of parasites and high concentrations of food born illness causing bacteria. Sashimi for example.
>>
>>24532
Rare, ofc.
>>
>>25881
>palette cleanser
>cleanse your pallette
reeeeee stop. It's not for painting.
>>
>>26934
Sorry. I was really drunk last night.
>>
File: file.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>26937
I forgive you; I'm almost drunk right now.
>>
File: 1472621409692.png (69KB, 338x212px) Image search: [Google]
1472621409692.png
69KB, 338x212px
>>26953
Cheers.
>>
Only rare is acceptable. Anything more cooked is akin to eat chair leather.
>>
>>26841
You can eat a dead animal's carcass, as long as you do it right after the kill (and they're magically disease free).
>>
>>26494
>Scandinavia
what teh fuck
>20 quid expensive
come on
>>
>>27327
Well, if you buy from a restaurant.
I don't know to cook a steak, I was never taught!
>>
I go medium but that's just a sort of default I don't really care. Can't taste the difference after I dip my cut into ranch anyways.
>>
>>27336
read a book

also go have steaks in restaurants

some of them are stunnigly good but im afraid 20 quid is half of what you'd pay for a fine dining main course in scandinavia
>>
Medium-well.
>>
Like my steaks rare, but I'll anything but well done.
>>
Blue rare if I trust the establishment, otherwise medium rare so I don't get a tape worm.
>>
I usually let the staff decide for me because I have no taste and it makes it more interesting
>how would you like your steak sir?
>how do you think would work best with [side dish]/[drink]
>>
>>26598
This pretty much confirms /v/ has shit tastes.
>>
>>24532
rare to blue rare. I don't usually have steaks, but it's one way to enjoy really high quality beef.
>>
It all depends now nice the steakhouse is a d gow fresh the steak is.
>>
>>24532
medium rare ofc
>>
If you choose anything other than medium rare you are objectively wrong.

This is not a matter of a opinion.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.