[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Stuff you think is cancer but nobody seems to agree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 296
Thread images: 54

File: 1475389778273.png (408KB, 558x689px) Image search: [Google]
1475389778273.png
408KB, 558x689px
Whenever I see the words "cringe" or "cringey" it seems extremely normalfag to me. And yet it keeps propping up unabated pretty much everywhere on 4chan.
>>
>>20593
cancer makes me cringe though
>>
>>20593
I don't see anything wrong with the word.
It's perfectly fine and it even explains the feeling you get when you see it.
>>
File: 1449724565944.png (408KB, 733x750px) Image search: [Google]
1449724565944.png
408KB, 733x750px
>>20593
>cringe
The popularity of this word comes from reddit and i dont mean it as a boogeyman.
>>
The word "cuck", and by extention the "nu-" prefix.

Not because of the actual meaning, but because to me it symbolizes when the site took a huge nosedive in quality with GamerGate, the fappening and now American political meme warfare. It's hard for me see posters that use it as anything other than new bandwagoners who discovered the site solely due to these events.
>>
>>20593
I think thinking something is cancer is cancer.
>>
>>20605
This. The cuck shit really needs to die. Can't we just call each other faggits like we did back then?
>>
>>20615
Don't be a cuck you faggot.
>>
>>20593
Calling things cancer used to mean something then filthy frank and leafy ruined it for everyone by getting all their 12 year old fans to parrot them. So cancer makes me cringe
>>
>>20593
"lewd!" instead of sexy or any related adjective, comes off as either an ERPing teenager or someone with English as their second language who hasn't got around to expanding their vocabulary.
"a shit!" being adopted by the catchphrase-happy idiots of /a/, /v/, and /jp/, who enjoy reposting baby-talk as a joke.

Actually, these are more pet-peeves than cancer. They're not ruining the site, they're just annoying.
>>
>>20628
H-how do you feel about p-people who t-type like t-this, anon?
>>
>>20628
Sexy is a normalfag tier word.
Lewd is better.
>>
>>20630
Also annoying

>>20633
It was an example alternative, there's also alluring, spicy, luscious, sensual, hot, sultry, voluptuous, nubile, etc.
As well as phrases to express just how much desire the provocative anime girl ignites in your loins.
The English language is actually pretty good at conveying eroticism, but too many people on this site and the internet in general like to dumb things down to "l-lewd!".
Is it a form of fitting in? Is it laziness? I dunno, but it's everywhere and it's irksome.
>>
>>20641
Did you jack off while typing that?
>>
>>20641
Those aren't synonyms for "lewd." It means something closer to "obscene" or "bawdy."
>>
>>20645
I've had a semi going on for about a half-hour but I'm not really in the mood to finish it off any more. Maybe later.

>>20648
Yes, I know what lewd actually means, and it's not how the majority of the people on this site use it.
>>
File: 1429587806564.jpg (27KB, 640x454px) Image search: [Google]
1429587806564.jpg
27KB, 640x454px
>>20593
Absolutely any "nickname".

>Nintenyearold
>Nintentoddler
>Sonygger
>Xbot
>PCuck
>DCuck
>Marveldrone

etc, etc
>>
>>20650
>Yes, I know what lewd actually means, and it's not how the majority of the people on this site use it.

Then you don't understand how it's being used. The world itself contains a tone of moral indictment which is humorously juxtaposed with how indecent this website and its users are in general. We're pretending to be delicate little flowers offended by the slightest hint of sexuality. I'm sure that doesn't make it less annoying to you though since you seem to find that whole family of inside jokes to be obnoxious.
>>
>>20654
I dunno I find the term "Nintenyearold" clever.
>>
>>20593
All SJW words like "problematic", "objectify". As in, "those big anime tiddies are problematic because they objectify women."

Pure cancer.

>>20605
I started using 4chan in 2008 and I call people cucks and nu-males all the time.
>>
>>20658
Hmm, okay. I suppose that could be right. Overused juxtaposition doesn't really tickle me either, and even in that case, you can take the joke further than spamming a single word every time you see a sexy image.
Of course, 4chan isn't the place to be super serious but the gag has worn thin and I'd rather see people express how they actually feel about a piece of media/art than go back to "oh no my virgin eyes!" as a joke.
>I'm sure that doesn't make it less annoying to you though since you seem to find that whole family of inside jokes to be obnoxious.
You've got me figured out.
>>
>>20661
It is clever, but that and all those other nicknames need to be thrown in the garbage. I know 4chan isn't the place for meaningful discussions but those never add anything to a thread. They're really annoying.

>>20668
Did you participate in that gg shit?
>>
>>20615
This stuff used to be dealt with regularly with word filters. Where are the new word filters?

When people say "x is cute. CUTE!" it makes me irrationally angry. I guess it's not really cancer, but it is infantile.

"Autism" when used as a thought terminating cliche is pretty damn cancerous. It's just a way of saying "I don't like (thing) but the internet has made my thinking so lazy that I no longer know how to express my displeasure in writing." I'm not saying posters need to have rigorous reasoning for their opinions, but even a one sentence reply explaining someone's opinion is far more interesting and has more potential for creativity than calling someone or something autistic and being done with it.
>>
>>20680
Anon is cute, CUTE!
>>
>>20593
"narrative"
>>
>>20680
You may have autism, anon.
>>
File: 1343271885435.gif (3MB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1343271885435.gif
3MB, 267x199px
>>20690
>>20697
>>
>>20680
>"Autism" when used as a thought terminating cliche is pretty damn cancerous.

It is literally just the latest iteration of "faggotry" and "retardation" though
>>
1. People who can't discuss, they have to argue.
2. People who have to bring /pol/ vs. SJW shit into every fucking conversation.

Probably two sides of the same coin. All the nu-male/cuck shit is annoying, but the meme of the day doesn't bother me as long as people can actually have a decent conversation and not turn it into some sociological debate.
>>
File: ok gramps.jpg (64KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
ok gramps.jpg
64KB, 512x384px
>>20715
I swear to god it's used to shut down discussion more often than faggotry or retardation ever were. 4chan has gotten dumber.
>>
>>20593
I see people calling out those who use the term cringe pretty often. The ones that don't get called out anywhere near as much as they should are the people who use the term creepy. Now those are the real normalfag shitheads.
>>
>>20729
I think that's more of a symptom of internet echo chambers than the terminology though.

Take a look at /pol/ for example; Nobody wants to actually argue; They want to circlejerk and sit in their hug box and feel safe and happy.

This phenomenon is happening because of small internet communities filled with delusional people who only listen to themselves. Reddit, Tumblr, and even Facebook promote this idea by creating isolated communities. Then the behavior leaks out to the rest of the Internet.

You're right that '4chan has gotten dumber.' Peoples' willingness to step outside their own comfort is a symptom of a much greater problem though.
>>
>>20702
You were asking for it, dork.

Writing well-thought-out posts is a pain in the ass, mostly because threads on 4chan are ephemeral and only last for a few hours. That's just how it is, sadly.
>>
One thing that drives me absolutely fucking nuts is when people use the quote function incorrectly.

For example, if I was posting about McDonald's on /ck/ and wrote:

I went to McDonald's today and it was the best food ever! >I got a Big Mac with some fries.

It's not being used to quote someone, or mock someone, it's just putting the back half of your post in greentext. Literally meme arrows and the sure sign of a newfag.
>>
>>20694
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/13/magazine/when-the-narrative-becomes-the-story.html

http://www.poynter.org/2003/what-is-narrative-anyway/16324/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narrative#Social_sciences_approaches

I know news guys on tv like to insult their viewers by talking past them, but there's something to the idea of characterizing what ever the hell narrative is as narrative. It's just a way of thinking about the world that's so foreign to me (and shockingly manipulative) that I still don't quite get it myself.
>>
>>20730
I think "creeper" triggers my autism worse. It seems like the usage was birthed from minecraft.
>>
File: file.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
>>20748
From what I see, "narrative" is heavily abused, which will lead to its usage becoming pejorative. It's a similar problem to demonizing people in that when it's done, one loses the ability for substantive criticism.
>>
>>20782
i.e. a "semantic stopsign"
>>
>>20604
>>20605
These so fucking much.
Also, """""this""""" shit, where the fuck did it even come from?
>>
>>20793
"""this""" is a meme older than 4chan, you cringey cuck.
>>
>>20796
Yeah and "t. ____" has been a finnish thing since forever, but I think that shit started getting used a ton in /int/ a year or so ago, and has since spread to the rest of the site(I use /int/ very rarely, so I might be wrong)

Also, the whole (You) thing is something that started this year I think.
>>
>>20796
As far as I know, using a comically large amount of quotes started with the 0.5 A presses video and TJ "Henry" Yoshi. If it was done before the, I never noticed it.
>>
>>20593
White people
>>
File: 1448920168155.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448920168155.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>20822
Dude what have I done to anyone to deserve this?!
>>
>>20671
>Did you participate in that gg shit?

What do you mean by that? I never tweeted at anyone famous or did their "operations", no. But I did talk about it with people and feel that they generally had the right idea. I'm not ashamed at all about wanting to create a social environment where game developers can feel safe to make games with sexy naked women, predominately white casts, etc.

I even fully support "SJW games" like Gone Home. I mean, shit, I'm making a visual novel about a lesbian couple right now, which is pretty SJW. I just don't support people being triggered faggots over things they don't like, that's all.
>>
>>20822
hehe le funny white people r bad meme XDDDDDDDDDD arent white peoplel just the wordst???!!?!?!??
>>
>>20837
apologize for slavery now
>>
>>20822
Good thing I'm 1/64 Sioux.
>>
File: 1419499699965.jpg (16KB, 426x390px) Image search: [Google]
1419499699965.jpg
16KB, 426x390px
>>20844
Sorry.
>>
>>20851
Sioux is just a social construct.
>>
>>20641
>not liking spicy girls
YOU ARE
MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>20844
I'm sorry we brought them over here, yes. We should have just picked our own cotton.
>>
File: 1448607236007.png (2MB, 800x1797px) Image search: [Google]
1448607236007.png
2MB, 800x1797px
>>20806
>>
>>20746
How do you feel about people using the quote function to tell stories in point form?

>be me
>go to McDonalds
>buy fries
>drink fries
>they are delicious
>>
>>20806
>t.

it needs to be filtered to "sasuga" in my opinion
>>
>>20892
That would only make sense 1/4 of the time.
Eh, it's just low-quality and boring, which is why it's going to stay forever in this shithole.
>>
>>20858
being black is just a social construct

you try telling a black person from the UK that he's an African British person or whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtEACiKWqWA
>>
anyone who uses the word "mediocre" for any reason
>>
>>20916
But the UK is just a social construct. What is """British""", really?
>>
>>20925
What is """anything""", really?

All lines that we draw to create categories of objects are ultimately arbitrary. Reality is just a flux of fundamental particles, and there is no principled reason to choose one method of grouping them into human-relevant "objects" as opposed to any other. Take, for example, a table, and start slowly taking away one atom at a time. When does it stop being a table? There is no answer. It's quite right that races and nationalities are socially constructed, but then, so too are baseballs, trees, planets, and anything else you could care to mention.

That doesn't mean we can or should excise these concepts from our vocabulary, however. We need to group particles into objects and objects into categories so we can navigate our environment and make predictions about it. Unless there was something especially confused or vacuous about the notion of race, the observation that there are no strict dividing lines between races is not enough to show that the concept of race is not grounded in physically real differences. Sociologists think they're being very clever when they say "race is a social construct", but they're really just applying a 101-level philosophical argument that's been known since the ancient Greeks.

See Daniel Dennett's paper "Real Patterns" for more info.
>>
File: file.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>20965
>That doesn't mean we can or should excise these concepts from our vocabulary
I think we could excise "social construct" without losing anything, though. Should note that not all sociologists are social constructionists.

I'm stealing your copypasta, btw. It's nice.
>>
>>20593
wtf do you call it then
>>
Forgposting
>>
>>20593
>people than complain about gay stuff traps fur sutff loli or even anime
this isn't a website for normal people stuff so stop complaining about it
>>
>>20995
>mentions paraphilias other than horses
I'm on to you, horsefucker.
>>
>>20668
nu-male is just as bad as all that sjw shit
>>
>>20593
"meh"

Disgusting, people that say this are trash
>>
>>20593
People who toss around the word "edgy" when there's such a wide variety of better words to use.
>>
>>20593
People who have this strange and bizarre obsession with the words that desu and senpai are filtered from, even to the point where they'd twist the words (to tbqh, familia, etc.) so that they pass the word filter.

I don't fucking understand what's the appeal, it's just obnoxious. One comes from some shitty celeb meme that really shouldn't be as big as it is, and another is just ironic shitposting that's supposed to make fun of people who say "to be honest", but it's just annoying to read and because of Poe's Law it attracts newfaggots who think it's okay to post like that.
>>
I hate 'af'. It just reads badly, why even bother with the expression if you're going to take all the punch out of it.

Also whenever people post about things being "thicc" and "fuccbois" on here, leave that shit to twitter. Although S U C C is pretty hilarious
>>
>>21289
The decision to wordfilter those to desu and senpai is one of my favourite things to happen to this website in the last five years. Absolute fucking masterstroke desu.
>>
>>20593
I tend to associate it with reddit and tumblr, so I feel you OP. I think it's fine if it's used properly, as a verb, e.g. "That made me cringe". But when it's used as an adjective, e.g. "That was cringe/cringey", it screams lesser internet denizen.
>>
>>20628
>someone with English as their second language who hasn't got around to expanding their vocabulary
Sexy is a lot more pedestrian and commonplace than lewd is, so that doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>21369
It was an example, which is why I said "sexy or any related adjective".
And I don't really consider it to be pedestrian, it has equal footing with similar words, the point is that out of all of them, "lewd" is the one that gets overused to the point of extreme monotony.
>>
>>20628
The point of 'lewd' is the mock prudishness associated with it. it feels archaic. Like, "that's lewd! What is this filth! (fap fap)"
>>
I agree with OP. "cringe" and "cringey" are reddit/twitch-tier shit and anyone who uses them should be ostracized.
>>
>>21364
this post was pretty cringe-worthy desu
>>
>>21374
Yeah, and the joke is old. I'd rather anons dropped the irony and got around to expressing how they actually feel about something that's erotic instead of reusing the gag.
>>
>>20615
>Can't we just call each other faggits like we did back then?
This is pretty “normie” by now actually. I hear people using it all the time in real life, usually to refer to each other (rather than as an actual insult)
>>
>>21386
that's a good thing
>>
When some fag describes a thread "comfy", that's when it ends.
>>
>>20668
>I started using 4chan in 2008 and I call people cucks and nu-males all the time.
2006 here and I only use “cuck” in the context of e.g. people bowing down to corporations fucking them over, e.g. “do you enjoy being cucked by microsoft that much?”
>>
When two anons start having an off-topic two-way conversation in a thread while using spoilers for all of their posts.
>>
>>21397
Agreed. It feels like a thread is dead when 150 posts in some guy posts "this thread is so comfy, never change /board/" as if they're trying to jinx it.
If they have nothing to contribute they should just appreciate the thread by reading it and leaving it alone.
>>
>>21350
This. Wordfilters are great. I remember when random words got filtered to stuff like NIGGER (together with the replacement text being highlighted in bright colors) on /b/, but sadly I don't remember what the words or the replacements were.

I think cuck and SJW both deserve to get wordfiltered to something hilarious
>>
>>21404
Yeah that's pretty annoying, I appreciate it's to hide it from people who don't care but it's still taking up space. People should just ghost mode if they want to have a private discussion.

>>21408
>yfw this has already been happening to /vip/ as a board on a mass scale
Are we doomed?
>>
>>21411
I'm pretty sure it's already filtered to kek on some boards
>>
>>20593
Asking if something is a "meme" or not. Legitimately annoying when someone has an interesting question but they butcher all chances of getting good replies or creating nice discussion by turning it into a zero effort shitpost from the start.

Most politically incorrect jokes here are so bad they hurt. When the "joke" is literally just to be as blunt, as unimaginative and/or as offensive as possible, you know it's not even worth typing. Same goes for repeating a joke which was a thing two years ago. It's as if people get their first chance to type words like "nigger" and go all out for the excitement.

People seriously blaming any other website or any specific group of people on what they see wrong with this site at a given moment.

Superiority complex and black/white mindset, especially when combined. People being unreceptive to any other kind of viewpoint, religiously defending their own accepted ideology but are unable to discuss it and instead just resort to shitposting, ad hominems and ridiculing when challenged. Most people with a strong opinion here are equally bad as the side they oppose. Anyone who doesn't explicitly agree with your point of view is categorized as the other extreme and the discussion ends there.
>>
>>21508
People making empty claims about knowing more about a subject than somebody else, yet refusing to actually demonstrate such knowledge. For example, dismissing argument as “Wow you're fucking retarded” without actually explaining why
>>
>>21508
>>21541
Do you have any ideas on how we can fix this stuff? It seems like a culture issue to me
>>
>>20593
Filtering anything that's not spam creates a culture of hug boxes and tampers with communication.
People who filter tripfags just because they find them annoying or filter certain threads because they don't like them are the same type of people who get upset about the 4pass icon.

Yes there are some users, most likely tripfags, whose only purpose is to start shit and derail threads and those I can agree with filtering but just abusing the filter option because you don't like someone makes you a bitch.
>>
>>20680
Autism is a mixed compliment. People who use it as an insult should be shamed into compliance.

>>21549
>tampers with communication.
Some communication deserves to be tampered with.
>>
>>21544
>Do you have any ideas on how we can fix this stuff?
“Be the change you wish to inspire in others” -Ghandi

If we make a concerted effort to produce high-quality posts, so will those around us. As for how to reverse the negative effects of what's already been done, I don't know. Most importantly, 4chan's popularity needs to go down
>>
>>21567
>Ghandi
Gandhi*
I always make this fucking mistake

i will commit sudoku
>>
>>21508
>Anyone who doesn't explicitly agree with your point of view is categorized as the other extreme and the discussion ends there.
This is a problem on earth.
>>
>>21541
That's frustratingly common too.

>>21544
>Do you have any ideas on how we can fix this stuff?
No, nothing conclusive. The only way to lessen terrible posting habits here is to not give them any attention so it all goes back to the same "ignore and don't reply" and report if it's against the rules. The way to advocate quality posting is basically what >>21567 said. There's no way to enforce something like this site wide for everyone. Behind anonymity anyone can be an ass on purpose, turn from someone who contributes into a troll from one post to next. And it's also not like these problems are exclusive to 4chan(or anonymous imageboards in general) but free access, a lot of users and anonymity lowers the threshold for acting like an idiot.
>>
>>21586
>Behind anonymity anyone can be an ass on purpose, turn from someone who contributes into a troll from one post to next.
But to be honest that's sort of part of the reason I can't enjoy myself on any other imageboard

This is the only place I can wind down and make non-serious posts too, without having to worry about my “identity” or other such facetous crap
>>
I consider people who enjoy cringe threads to be truly pathetic and digusting people, and generally i ignore the threads entirely.

Once or twice in the past, i've gone into one and said that they disgusted me. But other than that, i just ignore them. I'm not interested in wasting my time shaming them, they clearly would not care.

The only reason i am explaining this here is because OP is talking about it.
>>
>>20745
This is why fast boards are bad. On a slower board like this one threads can easily last day, more if they're popular enough.
>>
I enjoy cringe threads because I know for a fact that the people we're cringing at live happier and more fulfilled lives than we do.

(This applies only to internet stuff like really shitty art and really shitty posts and really shitty fanfiction, not anything that happens in real life, because laughing at people for what they do in their real lives is just rude.)
>>
File: 1475724330558.png (3KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1475724330558.png
3KB, 493x402px
People that meta-meme, force memes or "ironically" meme are pure cancer. That includes the newfags flooding /pol/ with that 8gag "meme magic" bullshit, plus super-memes that normies blow up and obsess over.
My rule of thumb is to a) never acknowledge a meme is a meme and b) never use a meme once it either outstays it's welcome (ranging from 1 month to a year), or reaches normiedom.

Same goes for vernacular. "Kek" is cancer at this point, especially with it's connection to the reddit frog god meme of /pol/
>>
>>21594
I'm definitely not suggesting for this place to be changed in any fundamental way and I partly agree you with there. A lot of discussion forums are uptight closed communities where you need to make a name for yourself(reach a certain post count, votes, friends, cool avatars/signatures etc) before anyone takes you seriously. Or they are too strictly moderated where any kind of banter, jokes or off-topic is bannable. Sometimes even both. This place can be a shitposting haven or a place where anyone can have a discussion on a completely equal standing without any kind of presumptions and preconceptions. I just wish more users realized the latter.
>>
>>21639
It's also a place where you can be wrong without any lasting repercussions. (Which has both upsides and downsides)
>>
>>20965
The idea is less about excising words from vocabulary (though there are certainly some people who'd push for that) and more about recognizing that these arbitrary divisions are arbitrary, not a binding natural law. It's ultimately a debate over whether observed differences are caused by biology or situation.

I find it unreasonable to insist that every single racial difference is a matter of situation, but find it no less unreasonable to claim every difference is a product of biology. There exist things we have historically categorized as biological components of race which are utterly foreign to us today, and it's likely true that some things we believe today are also false.
>>
>>21408
>>21414
Tbqh, if anybody ever acknowledges something as "comfy," something as a "meme," or even something as a coordinated effort, it turns to fucking cancer and goes south real quick. Normalfags and newfags do this shit all the time, and acknowledging something for what it is makes people want to force or continue it for what it is, turning it into a shitshow. This is how original /tg/ was killed, how /b/ died, and why /pol/ is the newfag cancerhub. They always latch on to the same thing to the point of being a dead horse.
>>
File: W5DyrXX.png (315KB, 423x384px) Image search: [Google]
W5DyrXX.png
315KB, 423x384px
>>20593
Complaining about something being "normalfag" is extremely "cancer" to me. Why must you try so hard to be different? It makes you look like more of a loser than the normal people you're trying to step away from.
>>
>>21669
>This is how original /tg/ was killed
Can vouch for this being absolutely true.
>You don't even need the other boards any more!
>/tg/ is about people who play traditional games
>/tg/ always details troll threads and does fun things with them
And so on. I get depressed just thinking about it.

It's this weird process of self-flanderization where people see a certain aspect of a board they like and try to push it like a natural law. They end up forcing it far past what made the board actually good and into behavior that is actively detrimental to the original good state of the community. Not to mention how behaviors that worked well with 2008 board populations can fail miserably with 2016 board populations.
>>
File: file.jpg (150KB, 602x565px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
150KB, 602x565px
>>21676
>It makes you look like more of a loser than the normal people
>>
>>21676
The really valuable thing about 4chan is that it's a society of outcasts and people who live at the social fringes. Many of us are exhausted by the company of ordinary people who aren't like us and come here to escape it and enjoy the company of our own kind. So it's upsetting when we get signs that that's starting to become a thing of the past.
>>
>>21676
It's not about being different, it's about keeping away from the concurrent "pop-culture" view of the world because it's everywhere and it let's sickening when you see the same increasingly annoying shit shit day-in-day-out. "Memes" are merely a product of being part of a niche group. It's just a mini "secret" pop culture that grows and fades like regular pop culture, the difference being you aren't being exposed to it in your everyday life, and you're only exposed to it by your own choice.

Really, if all of the current 4chan "culture" were to be the current pop culture and vice versa, I'd probably call the 4chan-replaced pop culture"normie" just as I have our current pop culture.
It's not about the content. At one point, 1337 5p33|<, rage comics, epic fail, and advice animals were part of the niche 4chan "culture," but then they became too popular, too notorious, too well-known.

Wew lad.
>>
>>21691
One could say this is just a miniature example of the theory of rise and fall of empires. When you get to the age of decadence, you get people wanting to keep the status quo and an increasing population of people who have only known the status quo. This usually leads to the degradation and fall of said Empire. Go on and apply this to /b/ or any other slumped board. It fits perfectly.
>>
>>21676
You do realize that a lot of the people who seriously, or otherwise, accuse others of being "normalfags", "normies", etc. consider themselves to be socially inept losers, right? Autism isn't only an insult.
>>
>>20593
Those bait pictures with the hook and the fish.
Some can be creative or funny but the problem stems from the fact that calling out bait is still taking the bait.

>>21411
I want a /co/ specific word filter that changes "gem" into "namekian"
>>
>>21851
>calling out bait is still taking the bait.
amen
>>
>>21411
I remember that. Has it been five years? It was all based on stuff The Rock said like roody poo and candy ass.
>>
>>21993
Five years? No, probably more like 7-8, since I wasn't browsing /b/ anymore 5 years ago.

>roody poo and candy ass
yep, those were the ones. Thanks for making me feel less alone!
>>
>>22035
>Thanks for making me feel less alone!
Anytime, fellow /vip/per.
>>
>>20593

> those intelligence type and IQ fags
> unironic anime
> anything related to gaming
> muh sjws
> It's an "anon thinks he is being edgy by supporting hitler! how outrageous!" post
>>
maximum cringe
>people making generals on /vip/
especially the board generals

just go on the board for crying out loud
>>
>>22125
People want to talk exclusively with members of their board who are specifically VIPs, out of a sense that they might get a better quality of discussion.
>>
>>22035
I'm pretty sure it was still around 5 years ago.

>>22136
Generals are always bad, but it's even worse on a board this slow.
>>
File: image1xxl.jpg (136KB, 870x1110px) Image search: [Google]
image1xxl.jpg
136KB, 870x1110px
>>20593
I think it's pretty cancerous when people complain about certain words because they don't like the feel of them or some shit. same thing with emojis and whatnot. Get over yourselves already, it's not important.
>>
>>22072
IQ fags?
>>
File: 1475616737655.jpg (48KB, 368x475px) Image search: [Google]
1475616737655.jpg
48KB, 368x475px
>kys
>"cringe" / "cringey" (it's the new "awkwardddddd!")
>af or any twitterspeak
>baka desu senpai

don't really feel like going through the whole laundry list there

posting practices
>baiting
>multiquoting
>ironic shilling
>twitter screenshot threads
>___ btfo threads
>ironic shitposting against real discussion
>inb4ing in most cases

worst of all is picrelated
>>
>>20593
The word ''troll' is a very normie word now
>>
File: 517.jpg (9KB, 248x233px) Image search: [Google]
517.jpg
9KB, 248x233px
>>22399
Holy shit.
Are you me?
>>
>>22399
Hello fellow /pol/ack. Waiting out the newfags reddit storm here on /vip/?
>>
>>22399
>>baiting
>>ironic shitposting against real discussion
I don't believe you.
>>
>>20593

Every time someone posts "based X", where X is a company or a politician, I assume they're a shill or a newfag.

Most of these heretics don't even know about the teachings of the based god.
>>
>>20605
This
>>
File: BRACE FOR IMPACT.png (14KB, 364x285px) Image search: [Google]
BRACE FOR IMPACT.png
14KB, 364x285px
>>20605
>>22807
>>
Any iteration of Pepe other than "feels good man".
The "feels" guy.
>>20604
I agree that it is distasteful.
>>20630
I recognize you. You've been here only slightly less long than I have. But you're still a huge faggot for doing that.
>>
File: 1452155383518.jpg (18KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452155383518.jpg
18KB, 350x300px
>>22832
We were doing so good
the site was slowly deflating and then this trump bullshit happened
>>
"Anonymous" being better than "non Anonymous" posting. I'm not even joking. I feel like anonymity should be something you use to get something off your chest when you want to say something without consequence, not something you do by default.

Note that I'm anonymous for this post, it's because I think you'd crucify me if I said it as a tripfag. And there it is.
>>
File: 1408764008651.jpg (113KB, 531x362px) Image search: [Google]
1408764008651.jpg
113KB, 531x362px
>>22980
I liked it when it was just the feel guy instead of wojak. I don't care the latter is more correct.
>>
>>22998
It sounds like you want to use any other social media or forum and then just use 4chan to vent.
>>
>>23010
Just think Shii was fundamentally wrong, and a quick browse around /b/ will reveal why.
>>
>>22399
This is a problem on /his/. I mean, /pol/fags do make shitty threads on there a lot, but people use /pol/ as a boogeyman far too often.
>>
>>20965
>All lines that we draw to create categories of objects are ultimately arbitrary.
Have you watched Hen Zemi?
>>
>>21669
>>21691
Correct as fuck.
>>
>>22399
>twitter screenshot threads
We need a new global rule forbidding these. 4chan is not for retweeting.
>>
>>23022
The anime? No, I haven't.
>>
>>22998
You are wrong and a faggot. Anonymity is the core distinguishing feature of futaba boards. It should absolutely be the standard here.
>>
I get really mad when people respond to my posts with pictures of fruit with faces drawn on them. It's only happened a few times but one time it made me punch through my wall. I have no idea why it makes me so angry but I just can't stand the thought of being mocked by an inanimate object.
>>
>>23046
Why is there even a name field then? I was pretty sure the key feature of Futaba boards is not having to register.
>>
calling everything "based"

calling everything "cringe" but I constantly do this because I know it pisses people off
>>
>>23051
Now, you're either a legitimate sperg, or baiting really hard for "le gold nugget xD" reddit r/4chan cancer screenshots.
>>
>>23219
Wrong. I was baiting for my own personal enjoyment.
>>
File: laughing-apple.1180914361778.jpg (35KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-apple.1180914361778.jpg
35KB, 1024x768px
>>23249
>>
>>23265
Well now you've gone and ruined my fun, so what's the point? I was going to act all angry and everything.
>>
File: orange-cat.1231293380522.jpg (32KB, 448x511px) Image search: [Google]
orange-cat.1231293380522.jpg
32KB, 448x511px
>>23266
There is no need to be upset.
>>
File: lied.gif (72KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
lied.gif
72KB, 600x442px
>>20593
>he thinks the cancer is gone
>>
>>23278
Thanks for trying to cheer me up. I'm afraid it's too late, however.

https://track3.mixtape.moe/llpnac.mp4
>>
>>23014
Shii wasn't right about everything but there are still very real benefits to a culture where anonymous posting is the default. He was just overly optimistic.
>>
As much as it is embraced on here, I'd say that the whole "luck moar" concept is a massive culture killer. Almost no one actually ever lurks and by not explaining particular memes and elements of the board culture to newfags, it just leads to them being forgotten and replaced by new cultural elements which you may not like.

While people complain that various behaviors or memes are "cancer," that really isn't accurate as it is only a symptom of the greater problem, not the root cause
>>
>>23641
As a pass user I'm always okay with explaining memes. Ironically it's the only way the lurkers will actually learn anyways. People don't just launch into a history of memes unprompted. The one user who doesn't "lurk moar" and asks a question and gets an answer has indirectly provided the answer to 10 other lurkers.
>>
>>20605

Even though it doesn't necessarily bother me, you make a decent argument for it being a symptom of something bad.

>>20628

I don't mind a shit or cute

Lewd kind of annoys me because it feels old at this point.

>>21597
>>21608

Only reason I ever go into cringe threads is to see if someone with one of my fetishes gets brought up.
>>
>>20743
You're fucking retarded.
There is no arguing about what /pol/ parrots because all of the arguments have been dismantled and destroyed.

What WE parrot is the logic that actually won out over everything else.
The arguing phase is done and over with. New shit pops up, people debate/discuss/argue/shit-post/etc on it and then it becomes a consensus on what is the right idea/truth/what works/etc again.
But in general all the shit we constantly talk about has been discussed to death I mean jesus what do you people want? For us to argue in circles on the same dumb bullshit?

TOO FUCKING LONG DIDNT READ IS THAT WE ARE TIRED OF AUGURING STUPID SHIT LIKE WHY HILLARY CLINTON IS A DUMB FUCKING BITCH TO KEKS AND CTR AND TROLLS POSING AS CTR TO PARANOID FAGGOTS ON POL SO WE JUST ADOPT ECHO CHAMBER POLICIES BECAUSE WE'RE SICK AND TIRED OF THE SAME OLD ARGUMENTS THAT GO NOWHERE. I'm not mad, really I'm not.
>>
File: you disgust me 2.png (522KB, 816x772px) Image search: [Google]
you disgust me 2.png
522KB, 816x772px
>>23722
Holy shit.
We should delete /pol/ and just replace it with this post to show why it needed to go.
>>
>>23735
Okay, but I had dubs and you don't.
>>
>>23739
fuck
>>
>>23641
Self reliance and computer literacy are valuable parts of the culture worth preserving. We're not running a damned daycare here.
>>
>>23650
They could learn in seconds with a google search, or just be patient and lurk moar, but they won't. If no one ever explained it to them, they'd wander off and stop being a bother. But once you feed them, they never go away, but never contribute.
>>
>>23735
Why not just inflict randomized wordfilters derived from newsfeeds on them, so they can barely talk about whatever is popular? Then they either knock it off, or learn to talk in machine code, which will put people outside the board right off.
>>
I think spoonfeeding is fine.
>>
>>24184
I don't think spoon feeding is fine. There are times when it is necessary, but those are very few. I'm not the type of faggot to have a zero tolerance policy but most people can find stuff if the try and asking for sauce should be something to do as a last resort.
>>
>>24230
This. Spoonfeeding eventually leads communities into recommendation-central.
>>
Anime. It's just the same pool of 1500 pics regurgitated by ever newer and newer users. It wouldn't be as bad if there was reasonable discourse associating with anime pictures but typically it's just let me post this picture just to post it which is juvenile.
>>
File: 1473403833284.jpg (35KB, 358x336px) Image search: [Google]
1473403833284.jpg
35KB, 358x336px
>>24236
Anime produces cute reaction-style images that scale down well to 4chan's thumbnail requirements.

Contrary to what you seem to think, new anime is airing constantly which keeps the flow of anime images fresh and changes it over time, though the classics do remain in circulation.
>>
>>24256
This.
Also why the fuck has no one told me Hibike Euphonium got an S2?!?
>>
>>24267
You were too busy being a /vip/ to pay attention, dummy. WIXOSS got another series as well.
>>
>>24184
>>24230
Spoonfeeding leads to a culture of helplessness. I have a zero-tolerance policy for spoonfeeding.

Show me that you put effort into understanding something first
>>
>>24669
Anti-spoonfeeding leads to a culture where everybody is expected to be an expert in everything, and then the actual experts never have the opportunity to share their expertise with anyone.
>>
>>24674
>Anti-spoonfeeding leads to a culture where everybody is expected to be an expert in everything
No, that's not at all what it's about. It's about putting an effort into understanding something before asking because you got stuck.

It's the difference between asking “how do I solve this homework problem?” and “I tried solving this homework problem W using approach X, but I got stuck on step Y because reason Z. I don't understand why Z, because shouldn't X work for W? Am I missing something?”

The latter is fine, and you should expect an interesting, satisfactory and often intriguing answer on stackoverflow if you ask like this.

The former is asking to be spoonfed. You have shown no indication of even trying.
>>
>>24236
>It wouldn't be as bad if there was reasonable discourse associating with anime pictures but typically it's just let me post this picture just to post it which is juvenile.
I think you're missing the point of anime reaction images. The point is not to post a picture simply so you can post a picture, the point is to express your feelings.

Consider them more like emotions a la :) or ┐('~`;)┌. If you want to bash anime reaction images, then really you want to be bashing expressions of emotion in general? (Rather than singling out anime)
>>
These are probably already popular opinions, but because I haven't seen any change, I feel like posting them anyway:
1) Posters who don't use filters but still bitch about the things that could be easily filtered. It's just an excuse to try and shape the posts/threads/boards/communities on 4chan into what they think is right.
2) Posters that think every board must have adult content, as if EVERYTHING has to be sexualized. It especially becomes unbearable when they start roleplaying between each other.
3) /b/ is just porn nowadays. It was never good, but at least it wasn't filled to the brim with pornography. This isn't bad on its own, but considering that there are several boards just for that, the way I see it, it was populated a few years ago by a bunch of retards who couldn't figure out where to post, saw "Random" and figured it would be the best place to do it, and as time went on, it just attracted more of these imbeciles. There are now four or five boards exactly like /b/, and they, sooner rather than later, all turn into exactly what /b/ is or was at some point in the last few years.
4) Elitism, by the means of using popular opinion within a board or thread, is annoying as fuck. It doesn't matter how well-made your post is, it'll either be ridiculed or ignored completely, because people would rather live by the norm than let their opinion be challenged by simple critical thinking.
5) horsefuckers who don't understand why the images are despised everywhere. It's simple: when posters use a reaction image, it's very likely for the expression it shows or implies. Your shitty horse cartoons don't really show any expression as it is poorly drawn.
>>
>>24839
>4) Elitism, by the means of using popular opinion within a board or thread, is annoying as fuck. It doesn't matter how well-made your post is, it'll either be ridiculed or ignored completely, because people would rather live by the norm than let their opinion be challenged by simple critical thinking.
What annoys me deeply is when people take classifications for granted when the cut-off is actually really arbitrary.

It's hard for me to find a general example, but in the world of programming there are *many* classifications of things like programming languages that simply fail to hold up under any sort of rigorous analysis. Despite this, trying to challenge the classifications and getting people to understand that they are arbitrary points in a smooth-sliding scale is extremely difficult.

For the most part this does not matter much, because the classifications do serve a purpose after all - otherwise people wouldn't have felt a need to classify to begin with - but it can be extremely frustrating when you're trying to abstract away from the categories.

tl;dr abstraction is hard, and in the realm of mathematics you usually won't be capable of abstract thinking without first familiarizing yourself deeply with the things you're abstracting away from.
>>
Terrible and obvious attempts at sarcasm. You see this shit all the time by smug bastards. Shit like:

"No, no, no, can't you see from my VERY biased 'XYZ' that I am right?"

Like they actually use sarcasm in a similar structure to that bullshit and it just makes me sick inside.
>>
>>24898
>in the world of programming there are *many* classifications of things like programming languages that simply fail to hold up under any sort of rigorous analysis.
Like what? Object oriented?
>>
>>24912
Good example, but I was thinking of even more controversial classifications: like compiled vs interpreted
>>
Overuse of the word "literally"
>>
>>22361

yes, people who bring up IQ
>>
Anyone who mentions they have a filter
>>
>>24989
Clearly you should filter filter
>>
File: wew.png (16KB, 496x135px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
16KB, 496x135px
>>24989
:3c
>>
>>24912

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_paradigm
>>
File: 1316968418591.gif (34KB, 157x160px) Image search: [Google]
1316968418591.gif
34KB, 157x160px
>>25008
>>
>>21350
>tfw want to end sentences in “desu” sometimes
>don't because I'm afraid of people thinking I meant to type “t b h”
life is suffering
>>
>>25026
There's a simple way to fix that
autoban people who say desu and senpai. That should help with the bandwidth problem and also get rid of 70% of /b/.
>>
>>25029
I had to read that three times before I realize that was word filtered and you weren't saying /b/ is still filled with weebs
>>
File: anti-spiral.jpg (22KB, 200x211px) Image search: [Google]
anti-spiral.jpg
22KB, 200x211px
>>25066
Oh yeah, shit. Forgot about that even though I was fucking talking about it.
>>
>>25029
>>25066
Oh wow. And here I thought he was trying to suggest banning people using ‘d e s u’

really made me feel bad desu
>>
>>20593
>trigger
Only heard it few times IRL but it was feminist/nigger/ liberal who used the word

>liberals
Cancer of society
>>
>>24674
It leads to expecting everybody to know about google, the site's inbuilt sauce finding functions, and that board archives exist. That is basic knowledge about the internet and 4chan available in the FAQ.
>>
File: cock-rampage.1389503088648.png (85KB, 146x298px) Image search: [Google]
cock-rampage.1389503088648.png
85KB, 146x298px
>>24808
Maybe he just hates anime, and wants more variety in reaction images.
>>
>>25013
>:3c
After years I'm going to ask. The fuck does this emoticon mean?
I understand colon three, but what does the c add?
>>
>>24938
I don't see much room between compiled and interpreted, unless you mean JIT. But that's still compiled, really. New machine code is generated, rather than modules of it composed by a script.
>>
File: why-not-whore-ourselves.fQaTE.png (316KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
why-not-whore-ourselves.fQaTE.png
316KB, 640x480px
>>26310
>>
>>26307
This is typically spouted by the same people who eternally repost pepes and that fucking smiley, you know the one
>>
File: 1424393109874.png (135KB, 297x346px) Image search: [Google]
1424393109874.png
135KB, 297x346px
>>26310
>>
When you post a well-constructed argument to an interesting thread and hours later after the discussion is done someone replies with "retard" or something like that trying to discredit your post but doesn't present any counter-argument. That shit rustles my jimmies to no end.
>>
>>26681
It probably wasn't well constructed then, retard.
>>
File: Hilarious.jpg (925KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hilarious.jpg
925KB, 1920x1080px
>>24236
>>
File: amine.jpg (140KB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
amine.jpg
140KB, 1008x720px
>>24236
>>
File: 1447745340476.jpg (42KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1447745340476.jpg
42KB, 600x448px
>>20605
You sound like a cuck...
>>
>>21631
>>21408
>>21414
>>21669
>>21742
>>21691
>>21805
Finally this shit is being explained
>>
>white text
>>
>page 8
>>
when people complain about gnu/linux and they don't even use it.
>>
>>27919
I used it for a couple of days when my computer died so I'm an expert on the subject
>>
File: IMG_0166.jpg (40KB, 293x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0166.jpg
40KB, 293x302px
Longwinded posts that look like they used a thesaurus to write.

Basically any post that looks like the person sat there and pondered before typing every sentence. It makes them seem ingenuine and I instantly scroll down. I close out a lot of news articles over it too.
>>
>>20593
Contentless bumps
I really wish the mods went back to banning that stuff
>>
Meta threads and the whiners who post in them
>>
>>28372
Depends on the board though. On /wsr/ it is pretty much essential
>>
>>28370
Anon, what if I don't really put effort into the sentences but I simply have a lot to say?
>>
>>28453
Brevity is the soul of wit, nigger.
>>
>>23722
Yeah well I wasn't necessarily there when we argued it to death and would love to have the argument again.
>>
>>28475
That's bullshit and you know it. Brevity does nothing but obscure the truth by forcing you to omit important details

I bet you think 4chan would be better with a 140 character limit as well
>>
File: IMG_1247.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1247.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>28453
That's not a problem. I was talking about it looking like you wrote an essay, instead of you talking in text form.
>>
>>28587
But I don't put much thought into essays either
>>
File: 1449935853418[1].png (1MB, 2422x850px) Image search: [Google]
1449935853418[1].png
1MB, 2422x850px
Anyone who posts any variation of a crying wojak is a cancer shitposter that needs to be IP range banned and mailed a noose to kill themselves.
>>
>>28668
Is that from /v/?
>>
>>28896
Yes. It's basically used by fanboys pretending to be a "defeated" fanboy of whatever platform they hate, posting about how fucked they are. Just another in a long line of /v/ console war shitposting techniques.
>>
>>28969
I get it, it's based on NEVER EVER, but that image is terrible and looks straight out of one of those meme generator websites.
>>
The word "normie" instead of normalfag. It's what normalfags pretending not to be normalfags say because they're scared to say fag.
>>
>>29046
I agree with this wholeheartedly. The watering down of the term just made it easier for normalfags to use it. My mom asked me what a normie was the other day. It has to stop.
>>
>>29046
I don't know if the reasoning is correct, but I definitely agree that normie is a shit substitute for normalfag. I've always thought of normalfag as a reasonable insult for the "why can't you just be normal/get laid/etc" assholes. Meanwhile normie seems to a product of the bitterest parts of /r9k/ crowd who resent anyone with even the slightest success in life.
>>
>>29118
Yup, "normie" just sounds like you are in a permanent self-loathing mode while "normalfag" sounds exclusionary.
>>
>>29118
Day was the term muns was used as short for mundanes, meaning people not inducted into the mysteries of nerddom, but the age of such things is long past.
>>
>>29743
I still see "mundanes" used by communities more separated from mainstream culture, like LARPers.
>>
>>22998
well at least you're actually posting something that most people disagree with unlike most of this thread
>>
>>20593
I agree. "Cringe" just reeks of Redditor to me and everyone I see online and IRL loves abusing the fuck out of it. It drives me absolutely nuts
>>
I hate racism
>>
>>31496
Racism is adaptive from an evolutionary standpoint. In an environment with lots of competition for resources and few predators, it causes an organism to promote it's own genes by supporting others with them more. So as long as people feel they're poor, they'll be racist despite themselves.
>>
File: 1473974447130.png (148KB, 327x338px) Image search: [Google]
1473974447130.png
148KB, 327x338px
>pics you shouldn't share
>pics you've saved from other anons
>post your [whatever] and anons say how they'd degrade them
>fb fap thread
>friends you fap to
>teens you fap to
>relatives you fap to
>reply for reply

Ad nauseam. /b/ has always had its fair share of spam and cancer, but it seems like it's reached a critical mass because of the fappening. Now /b/ is 80% chads and teenagers who discovered 4chan because of Facebook or one of their bros in the locker room.

What's especially cancerous is when some faggot asks for moar of a girl "someone" posted, and then samefags to post pics of the same girl, usually an ex they're mad at.
>>
>>31502
Social classes trump appearance in matter of definying your enemy
>>
>>31516
Yeah, pretty sure I said that.
>>
>>31512
Stop going to /b/ then, retard.
>>
>>31512
This. The occasional thread like this is fine but at this point /b/ is pretty much just a porn dump board
>>
>>20844
I'm sorry we tried to civilize you
>>
When people say ">be me" to open their greetext story on /x/.
I called someone out for it once and got ravaged by endless accusations of newfag.
>>
>>31975
>When people say ">be me" to open their greetext story on /x/.
That's not just an /x/ thing. I don't mind it personally but I also wouldn't mind doing away with it
>>
>>20593
fucking animus
>>
>>31512
>celeb thread
>kik/skype/snapchat/etc
>ylyl with the same images and webms everytime
>sissy shit
>rate my cock
>feet
>wife/gf sharing
>your mom will die in your sleep
>cringe thread with images directly from reddit/9gag/fb
The ones you listed and these are permanent threads on /b/. It's a shithole.
>>
>>32401
>>31512
Sounds easy enough to filter.
>>
>>32408
I agree, too bad it takes up 90% of the threads and prunes the OC ones.
>>
>>32409
There are no more than 3 good threads at a time on /b/ anyway. I wish 4chan X had spam filter integration, though, so I could just hide certain threads a couple times and never see them again, or even just sort by approximate cancer level.
>>
>>32413
You can do that with the existing filters. Just filter a short string like "rate my".
>>
>>33420
/b/tards always find a way to dodge filters indirectly by using shitty grammar, or using one of the dozens of different words for penis or whatever.

If I was a janitor, I would clean /b/ up in two weeks top.
>>
File: 1475588323232.png (60KB, 474x267px) Image search: [Google]
1475588323232.png
60KB, 474x267px
>>33437
Case in point.
>Yup
>>
>>33420
Of course you can on a basic level. But I'd like to be able to mark something as cancer to the system, and have it analyze the content of the OP or even the thread posts to try to predict what other threads are cancer in my use case in the future, and have it do things like put cases with a 60%+ likelyhood at the bottom, or automatically hide 90%+ likelyhood threads automatically. Like an e-mail spam filter.
>>
File: SsGeqgu.png (670KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SsGeqgu.png
670KB, 1200x1200px
>>20593
>Underrated post
This isn't fucking reddit. On top of that I exclusively see it on /pol/.
>>
File: 1454710449964.png (496KB, 774x774px) Image search: [Google]
1454710449964.png
496KB, 774x774px
>>33761
This and "fpbp" shit, there's been way to much newfaggotry on /pol/. I'm glad they are contained to an extent but I'd like a little more attention to decorum from them. Also the recent influx of people referring to (You)s as a noun is very annoying. Its like they want us to turn into reddit.
>>
>>33771
I swear half the population is now from /r/the_donald, importing the same bloody hugbox mentality.
>I can't downvote his question/criticism, so I'll call him a shill!
>>
>>33777
To be fair, that has been a function of /pol/ since /new/, with JIDF and all that.
>>
>>33778
At least JIDFposting was localized to specific topics. The majority of discussion is obviously about the current presidential election, and anyone who denies that Trump shits solid gold is labeled a paid enemy of democracy. It's becoming unbearable.
>>
>>33781
It will die down after the election, it is arguably the most vitriolic election in history so I don't blame people losing their heads even here.
>>
File: this is a real voter.jpg (96KB, 942x374px) Image search: [Google]
this is a real voter.jpg
96KB, 942x374px
>>33783
>I don't blame people losing their heads even here
I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. The 2012 election was heated but didn't have anywhere near the current levels of partisan shitposting. Guarantee shit will fly even higher next month, regardless of the outcome.
>>
>>24064
think of the fingerbox meme for a moment

if you explained that to someone- they would understand but they would never be a part of that meme

if they drop into the thread and say 'hey, what is that thing?' then they will be mocked and many fingerbox designs will be posted. they person will eventually catch on and having been a part of the meme- they appreciate it more and understand the interactive nature of this place

the lurkers don't participate if you spoon feed them all the answers

you need to let people learn on their own and contribute to be able to really appreciate this place.

i encourage people to make OC as often as i can and i show them how easy it is with a few examples.

i love memes. nothing brings me more pleasure than watching something i helped create spread to others- laughter and ideas are our currency

but the new people are all television watchers and phone lurkers. some of them can't participate and most of them don't understand that they are supposed to

and getting called a glorious winged faggot is all just part of the fun
>>
File: 1473312874954.jpg (26KB, 470x561px) Image search: [Google]
1473312874954.jpg
26KB, 470x561px
>>20860
I like that spicy text and yellow star
>>
>>29118
RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (14KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
14KB, 400x320px
>>31989
THAT'S WHY IT'S FUNNY

AAGGH
>>
File: im.jpg (18KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
im.jpg
18KB, 300x279px
>>
>>35044
I know. I agree with you. That was my point. Why did you respond as if it wasn't?
>>
>>24064
>They could learn in seconds with a google search
I would rather people not have memes explained to them by kym
>>
>>35723
You're dumb then. It marks them as newfags to have it wrong at first. And teaches them firsthand that nothing is a replacement for lurking moar.
>>
>>35730
They should learn by lurking and observing here, not from reading some gay normalfag meme catalog. Most memes can be figured out by observing the context they're used in. And if a meme is of a nature that "you had to have been there to get it" then you have no business using it at all.
>>
File: getting.gif (267KB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
getting.gif
267KB, 400x310px
Doing things "ironically" / "unironically".
>>
>>35758
this but unironically
>>
When someone posts binary
>>
>>35779
I have literally never seen this
>>
>>35780

I have seen it countless times
>>
>>24064
>>35719
i meant to respond to the person you were responding to

i agree with you completely
>>
>>35774
Ur one cheeky cunt m8
>>
File: ur a faget2.jpg (508KB, 1600x854px) Image search: [Google]
ur a faget2.jpg
508KB, 1600x854px
>>35779
>>35780
>>35782
I've seen it before, but not in years.
>>
>>20671
>I know 4chan isn't the place for meaningful discussions
kind of sad that this is the perception when it really is the perfect platform for meaningful discussion. there are no identities, only ideas. there is no need to try and impress because nobody will recognize you. and that allows the most freedom in conversation.
>>
>>20654
>>20671
“nicknames” like these are a tool used for nothing other than mindless “me vs them” group-think ideology wars.

If you use them, you are basically part of a cult of trying to blindly defend your “superiority” over the “bad guys”. (Incidentally, that's the same thing that drives western politics)
>>
>>36889
Being an image board probably doesn't help though
>>
File: alt-rightist.png (451KB, 1000x721px) Image search: [Google]
alt-rightist.png
451KB, 1000x721px
>>24067
this is p funny

randomize their shit. also force random threads from /d/, /b/, /s4s/ and /trash/ to show up on their board whenever they make "raiding" or "General" threads, which are rule breaking

posting a youtube video and it getting 1000 comments and thumbs down is a raid, shit needs to stop. Every video on Trump has /pol/ infestations.
>>
>>36968
Or just delete the rule breaking content and b& the rabble rousers.
>>
File: gayboifools.jpg (87KB, 1002x451px) Image search: [Google]
gayboifools.jpg
87KB, 1002x451px
>>36973
shitting off topic threads into their board will make them self-police

b& doesn't do shit
>>
>>23722

>There is no arguing about what /pol/ parrots because all of the arguments have been dismantled and destroyed.

"Man, those sjws sure are nu-male beta cucks amirite. Praise le kek"
-Anonymous. circa 2016

Truly you are a harbinger of light in this dark world.
>>
File: 1450662802716.jpg (66KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1450662802716.jpg
66KB, 500x374px
People who just type in lowercase, without punctuation, and space their posts

out

this

really grind my gears.
>>
File: 1474428192424.png (47KB, 1032x381px) Image search: [Google]
1474428192424.png
47KB, 1032x381px
When someone uses greentext like this. He is not quoting anyone, just using it for no real reason.
>>
>>38592
Not too dissimilar from your point, but when people try so hard to fit it with a certain group that they just start being ass blasted by anyone outside that particular group.
>>
>>38602
Example?
>>
>>38607
I don't have a specific example off the top of my head to show, but whenever a thread descends into newfag vs oldfag vs normalfag. Sorry if I'm not being very concise, but the circlejerks over how long you've been here I guess would be an example.
>>
>>38616
like this?
1what is [older meme]?
2you must be new.
1im not new, i just dont know what [older meme] is. ive been here since [year]
3[year] is still considered new, newfag.
4been here since [b4chan]
and so on.
>>
>>38631
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was getting at, thanks. Does that ever get on your nerves, like when it clearly doesn't contribute?
>>
>>38631
That can be annoying, especially on a board like this where people from all over are interacting.

I've been on 4chan since 2009 but have never been to /a/ or /v/ or a bunch of other boards. So if someone posts a joke that is well recognized on their home board and I ask for clarification I still get called out for being a newfag.
>>
>>38651
Maybe you should lurk more instead of being a newfag.
>>
>>38653
I knew that was coming.
I'm just saying nobody can know every maymay from every corner of this site.
>>
>>38660
I'm just saying nobody owes you the answer when you want to know about something, so stop being so touchy about getting called a newfag, it means you should lurk more, not bitch more.
>>
this goddamn board and all the /qa/ tryhard cargo cultists who turned it into an ED-themed "le oldfagz amirite?" /b/ thread
>>
>>38653
>>38660
>>38661
and here we can see a perfect example of >>38616
>>
File: 1446307842991.png (230KB, 898x633px) Image search: [Google]
1446307842991.png
230KB, 898x633px
Pic related
Thread posts: 296
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.