[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Entitled neckbeards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1474358985449.gif (3MB, 271x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474358985449.gif
3MB, 271x500px
When m<3<3t sold 4chan one of the things he wrote about was how the community felt that they were entitled to certain privileges despite providing nothing in return.

It's just like most of the people here who use this place don't even realize how much it costs to run. You have to host 4chan on dedicated servers and because it has adult content and such a terrible reputation for everything it also means sticking with the few data centers who allow this type of crap.

The very same neckbeards leeching bandwidth then manage to systematically drive away all advertisers since none of you even have any money to begin with and since businesses don't want to associate their brand with a community of underage and retarded 4chan users.

My conclusion is that the website should become a paid subscription-based service using a Bitcoin mixing system to preserve anonymity. This would instantly reduce all of the underage faggots here while raising the quality of content by at least 9000%. And since it would only cost us around $20 a month all of the people here over 18 could easily still afford it.

Discuss.
>>
Last I heard moot hosted it on some mac minis in his basement
It's only hosting about a TB of data at any given time which is easy enough, just get a WD Red or two for redundancy and away you go
>>
>>13495
but i do give in return, that's what pass was designed to do, and i do it on a yearly basis so it's basically like a subscription

paywalling the site completely would fucking kill it

eat shit
>>
>>13549
Pay walling will get rid of the summer. It will remove the cancer and make 4chan great again.

What are we really fighting for? I ask you that. Is it still worth fighting for our home if the normies destroy it?

I wish to return to the old days of more refined shit posts. I want to know what was played on that number station all those years ago. I want to see what was under the tarp. I want to pay wall 4chan. Does that make me an evil person? I don't think so. Some would even say that it makes me wise but not to the cancer I wish to resect. To that cancer I speak directly to you and say thanks for posting that banana. It was very funny.
>>
>>13651
>Pay walling will get rid of the summer. It will remove the cancer and make 4chan great again.
yeah, it would be like removing a tumor in your big toe by cutting off everything below your midsection. well over half the userbase would bail and they'd lose at least some people that DO pay too because no way would i support that shit. no way do i want this site to become even more of a shithole than SA.

it sounds like you don't like that the site has become popular. there's really no effective way to reverse that trend without simultaneously pissing off the very people that make this site worth coming to. if you want lower volume, your options are less popular boards or other *chans. that's about it.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.