[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

question for non-anglos is it hard speaking english all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 7nhd3Z5.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
7nhd3Z5.png
123KB, 785x757px
question for non-anglos

is it hard speaking english all the time?
do you ever read a post and not know what a word means?
do you have to read the sentence in english and translate it back into your native language in your head and then form an appropriate response in english after thinking in your native language what to reply?

Isn't that laborious?
Don't you wish you were born an English speaker?
>>
Nope, english is piss easy
>>
no
no
no
no
no

English is a bitch-ass easy language for retards.
>>
No, English is a primitive language.
>>
>>9754
>>9755
your mum's easy
>>
>>9757
*You're
>>
>>9757
*You're
>>
File: 1485030056739.jpg (87KB, 866x866px) Image search: [Google]
1485030056739.jpg
87KB, 866x866px
>is it hard speaking english all the time?
No, english is a meme language.
>do you ever read a post and not know what a word means?
Rarely.
>do you have to read the sentence in english and translate it back into your native language in your head and then form an appropriate response in english after thinking in your native language what to reply?
No, I just think in your language when I read it.
>Isn't that laborious?
Not at all.
>Don't you wish you were born an English speaker?
No. Except for nips apparently, everyone's able to learn it without suffering, I'd rather be born speaking french or german, because I'd learn english anyways.
>>
this is now an anglo feels thread

>tfw monolingual
>>
>>9760
but I can speak Spanish almost fluently and every time I watch an interview with Evo Morales (my favourite meme) I have to translate what he said back in to English for me to understand it.

How can you just think in English?

Do you often think in English?
>>
>>9753
The only times I have it hard with english is when I'm writing it. I often realize my sentences aren't gramatically correct.
>>
File: IMG_2307.jpg (73KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2307.jpg
73KB, 500x495px
>>9757
lel
>>
>>9763
do you ever speak to other argentinians in english?

If I spoke Japanese and met another bong that spoke Japanese I'd probably speak Japanese with him.

for fun.
>>
People that think English is a hard language are always monolingual
>>
File: 1485894496906.png (53KB, 203x193px) Image search: [Google]
1485894496906.png
53KB, 203x193px
>>9762
not him, but i think in english often
>>
>>9762
you're just a retard

>t. turk who barely knows turkish

actually it's because you rarely use spanish in your day-to-day life and aside from "me gusta XD" and "jajajaja" it's not used much online either

whereas English is constantly used online and in your day-to-day life, foreigners also get the added effect of English speaking tourists and English lessons
>>
>>9760
This.

Anglos maybe don't know since they don't have to learn another language, but when you speak another language, you think in this language. You think maybe a slightly bit slower because sometimes words don't come immediately, but you don't think of the words in your language and then translate it.
>>
>tfw to intelligent to speak a foreign language
>>
File: ol1s5nzdam1y.png (53KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ol1s5nzdam1y.png
53KB, 200x200px
>>9767
that's like being cucked on a psychological level
>>
No.

Academic papers have certain words sometimes that I have to look up but other than that English is easy, it comes naturally.
>>
>>9753
English is basically a cavemen language, just look at this sentence. cave+men is an actual word. It's also way easier to formulate a reply in english first since it's a pretty vague language too.
>>
no
yes
>do you have to read the sentence in english and translate it back into your native language in your head and then form an appropriate response in english after thinking in your native language what to reply?
right now not really (i can think in english naturally), but when i was learning, yes
>isn't that laborious?
if you know certain amount of words, you usually end up translating just a few words a day. (at least i do with my current english level)
>don't you wish you were born an English speaker?
no, i have easier way to learn other languages, since polish has many sounds and one of the hardest grammar rules, and i don't have to waste my time to understand conjugation etc., maybe finnish, hungarian and chinese (not sure) would be more difficult and therefore more useful for learning languages
>>
File: 1488307655598.png (125KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1488307655598.png
125KB, 367x321px
>>9771
cala a boca filho da puta
>>
>>9753
Nah, English is relatively easy, though it depends on particullar post and poster; some may give a headache indeed if longer sentences with no punctuation and verbs put on the far end of them are used, ykwim.

However I must admit I have troubles when speaking, I never practiced it much. Reading/writing is another story, typos aside.
>>
File: 1486187357511.jpg (108KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1486187357511.jpg
108KB, 1024x683px
>>9762
Well, spanish can be very diverse, there are plenty of countries and accents out there. All the media I consumed during my teenage years was anglo (music, movies, series, games, all that shit). I think it gets to a point where you just absorb it, if you had the same experience with spanish it would probably be the same.

>How can you just think in English?
That's a hard question, I don't really know how my brain works, but I'll tell you what I've noticed. Every language is unique, and some expressions and slang are also unique. I can say "fuck off", or, in portuguese, I'd say "sai caralho / sai porra", but in this case I think it sounds better in english. Sometimes it's better to express yourself in other languages, and this is very good, having more ways to express yourself is good for your brain, specially if you talk to yourself just like me.

>Do you often think in English?
When I'm browsing 4chan, surprisingly. When the environment is anglo, I just go with the flow. I assume a very different personality when I speak another language, this also feels weird.
>>
>>9753
I only write it, my french tongue is too strong
Yes, doesn't make the post hard to understand tho'
no
>Isn't that laborious?
no
no
>>
>>9753
It's not that hard, compared to languages with gender nouns and weird inflections.
>>
>>9753
>>9776
Oh, and:

No, I would never resign from Chrzęszczybrzęczykiewiczovian as my Muttersprache. it's unique experience and I mean it.
>>
no
yes
no

no
no
>>
>>9757
*You are
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.