[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DARK SOULS LORE THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

what did Miyazaki mean by this?

Spoilers obviously

Are you canonically the most powerful being of all time at this point? You travelled across time to reconstruct the full dark soul. With the full soul at full power you're literally a God.

Is he saying that even though you're now as powerful as the serpents or dragons, there's STILL nothing you can do about the cycle?

I like it desu, series was about overcoming increasingly more obstacles, and then saying at the end you literally did it all, and this is the end
>>
>>52779
Isn't this the last Souls thing ever?
Probably just dumped their load because of that
>>
>>52779
the dlc is more than likely taking place after you have ended the fire and started the age of man, it seems like you really just go through the ringed city to prevent the dark souls from corrupting others and causing them to not let the age of man begin

a final nail in the coffin type of thing
>>
What the fuck is this thing?

Did no one else notice this?
>>
>>53411

What?

The ringed city was a city at the end of the world, gwyn gave it to the pygmy as thanks for helping with the dragons. It was the most apocalypse proof place, at the bottom of the dreg heap. Pygmy and all his mates chilled there until the true true end of days, whilst gwyn raised his kingdom in the "real world"

The dlc was about beyond just the age of man or dark, at like the true end of the universe.

That's why the painters are so important, they can create entirely new universes, with their own "cycles"

She does this and it's like their own universe never happened
>>
>>54581
its a fucking sharkman near the rakuyo fossilized
>>
>>54581
thats a dead serpent
>>
>lorefags still haven't realized that miyazaki and the rest of fromsoft are complete hacks
the franchise finally became as cancerous as its fanbase after wavering with 2. the end of each DLC for 2 was basically "We hate you and we don't care so have a hallway of shitty enemies before an even shittier boss fight"
>>
>>54581
Old and petrified Pus of Man.
>>
>>54737
I'm not arguing any of that, I was just saying as a general it seemed like it took place much later after the age of fire ended and the point of you stopping the slave knight with the dark soul, was to prevent any further corruption
>>
>final boss wasn't a primordial hydra
gg fuck this desu
>>
Isn't 'age of dark' the best scenario? The lords treated humans like crap because of their irrational fears. They deserve to die. The dragons are mostly dead too by that point.
>>
>>55776
the only choice that should honestly matter
>>
Is it still the general consensus that Manus was the furtive pygmy?

Just wonderin
>>
Dark Souls 3s story never grew on me with the whole convoluting and converging time and space theme it had going on.

The two DLCs only took me further out of it.

Didn't like the conclusion of Dark Souls at all. In retrospec it should have stayed at Dark Souls 1 and they should have made new original settigs for the other games like Bloodborne.
>>
>Painting Woman uses the Blood of the Dark Soul to paint a new world
>this is a metaphor for how Miyazaki intends to create a new IP from what remains of the Dark Souls franchise

Discuss.
>>
>>58256

What in particular didn't you like about it? They had to address the time issue or else they wouldn't be able to generate any sort of gravitas for the PCs actions in the third game
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.