[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you currently playing? What are your thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Beat_Down[1].jpg (39KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
Beat_Down[1].jpg
39KB, 256x361px
Been playing this all day.

While certain parts of it are really enjoyable, it's nowhere near as good as I thought it was when I played it in highschool.

>Dialogue is some of the worst I've ever seen.
>The fighting mechanics are really shallow
>Not very well balanced at all
>Late game is just not fun. Or well thought out.
>Pacing is absolute shit. There are six storylines to play through, and I doubt anyone has played more than one.

There are a lot of interesting concepts in this game, but none of them are executed well.

What about you? What have you been playing? Write a mini-review.
>>
>>21269

I remember Beatdown.

The part I really hated is how there were hundreds of cosmetic items, but you had to unlock them, and the unlocks did not persist across playthroughs.
>>
>>21270
Not to mention that getting all of that unlockable stuff is
A. Pointless. Because like you said, it doesn't transfer to your next playthrough. So a lot of the cooler stuff you can unlock can only be used for one chapter.
B. Really not worth the trouble, considering the people you fight to unlock them are not always consistent in the areas where they spawn.
C. This game does not have a reliable guide anywhere online, so you'd likely have to buy the physical copy.

The thing I'm really frustrated with at the moment is the mission where you have to collect $10,000 dollars from enemy gangs. Every time I get close to it, I have to buy healing items, or have to recruite someone to fill a slot that someone just got KOed in.

It's almost like they didn't do very extensive playtesting. They just saw that everything worked and were like, "That'll do it."
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.