[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever bought Twitch bits?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: twitch bits.gif (2MB, 770x578px) Image search: [Google]
twitch bits.gif
2MB, 770x578px
Have you ever bought Twitch bits?
>>
no, but i like twitch and encourage everyone to financially support streamers
>>
>>19060
>donating to a streamer or buying fucking emotes
autism, back to re.ddit
>>
I never donate or sub to streamers
Other people buy me sub on streams though
>>
File: 1470282309318.gif (1MB, 291x260px) Image search: [Google]
1470282309318.gif
1MB, 291x260px
>>19060
>retarded cryptotraders jerking off on the idea of twitch using bitcoins to tip people
>twitch does the obvious thing and creates a column in their DB for magic internet money
>>
I don't understand donating money to video game streamers.

I get it with camgirls because you're paying them to strip and that's how it works in strip clubs too, but why are you paying people to play video games? They're going to do it whether you give them tips or not.
>>
>>19061
I find most of them annoying, but Kyle Bosman's streams are incredibly comfy, so I give Easy Allies my free subscription that comes with Amazon Prime. I also really enjoy watching poker on Twitch, but I would feel a little weird giving money every month to a gambler.

Why does Easy Allies require a minimum of 10,000 bits to tip? That's a ton of money.
>>
What is this "Twitch" thing?
>>
>>19067
>>>/vr/
>>
what even are they
>>
>>19060
No, I'm not gay.
>>
I'm not a faggot, so the answer is no i have not.
>>
>>19069
Another way of giving money to streamers through these little emotes. 100 bits costs you $1.40. If you spend you tip someone 100 bits, they get $1.00, and twitch pockets 40 cents.
>>
REAL gamers use https://www.stream.me/
>>
>>19065
Because they're entertaining you.

Why would you tip a street performer?
>>
>>19074
>Why would you tip a street performer?
Because they fucking yell at you if you don't.

Fuck you, man. I've seen that magic trick a million times, you're lucky I don't tell everybody standing around here how it's done.
>>
>>19075
If you genuinely enjoy watching someone play a game and are being entertained, I don't see the problem with tipping them.
>>
>>19065
>I don't understand donating money to video game streamers.
The only thing you need to understand is that streamers neither sub nor donate to other streamers. Imagine how lowly they think of people who do so if they themselves don't do it. They're basically sober drug dealers - they get the money and proceed to laugh at the trash that paid for something like this - they don't even consume the stock they're selling - most hate it, they're in it just for the money.
>>
>watching a japanese qt playing oblivion

twitch is great
>>
i don't watch people play video games so no
>>
I really hate streams that have sub/donation alerts.
It stops the flow of the stream by being obnoxious, and the streamer having to stop to say a very practiced speech about thanking the sub and shit like that.
It's why I usually stick to smaller streams.
>>
>>19060
>donating money to google
>>
>>19074
because every fucking retard can push some buttons
>>
>>19081
Amazon, you mean.
>>
I've had amazon prime for a long time and just recently started using the free monthly twitch sub they give you.
>>
>>19084
That only started like, six months ago or something. Who do you give it to?
>>
Ahahahahahahahaha

Fucking retarded teens and other shitters, holy fuck. I can't stop laughing at this dumb shit.
>>
File: HIDDEN MOVEMENT.gif (2MB, 299x303px) Image search: [Google]
HIDDEN MOVEMENT.gif
2MB, 299x303px
>donations/subscriptions/follows have obnoxious graphic and sound effect
>streamer pauses to stroke their dick
>streamer pauses to moderate their own chat
>streamer pauses to scold chat for moderating them
>streamer pauses to use chat as a guide
Why do so many 'popular' players fall into this formula?
>>
>>19087
One time I saw a guy pause his stream to go get fast food before the restaurant closed.
>>
File: 1491065562571.jpg (35KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
1491065562571.jpg
35KB, 400x266px
>>19087
That's a balloon of a considerable size
>>
>>19060
I only really watch vinesauce and he doesn't have those things enabled.
>>
>>19087
Subs and donators are huge attention whores, so making a huge deal every time one happens is the way to attract more of them.
That's the reason popular streamers do that shit.
>>
>>19060
No. I don't donate to streams. Not that I'ma against it. But giving money to a video game player is going to be the very last thing on my list of purchases, after bubblegum.

But even if I had the cash to spare, I don't understand why I should buy bits over simply directly donating to the streamer. I figure they'd get a larger portion of the money through other donation transfers.
>>
>>19066
Probably to stop people from spamming bit donations in the chat
>>
>>19093
That makes sense. It's still pretty high though.
>>
I gave my Amazon Prime subscription to ice Poseidon
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.