[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 more days until undub. How are you holding up, /v/ros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: P5 all out attack.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
P5 all out attack.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
2 more days until undub.

How are you holding up, /v/ros?
>>
I'm playong on english cus i'm not an insufferable weeb
>>
File: 1490406065398.png (445KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490406065398.png
445KB, 1200x1200px
>>17871
24 hour wait for me while having the physical edition ready.
>>
>>17872
Enjoy your dub!

https://streamable.com/c59g9
>>
File: Persona 5_20170330143000.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Persona 5_20170330143000.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>17872
That's cool, I decided against playing on english because the dub is bottom of the barrel trash. More power to you though.
>>
File: 42984732099087432.jpg (98KB, 1051x832px) Image search: [Google]
42984732099087432.jpg
98KB, 1051x832px
I'm just concerned on whether or not my Walmart will have it, I should have checked sooner
>>
>>17871
How do I play the undub? Is it PS3 only?
>>
File: gym.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gym.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
So how is the west enjoying it? The jap voices are god tier and worth waiting for.
>>
>>17877
Japanese audio is day one free DLC. If you have an early copy you have to wait for the fourth.
>>
>>17878
I fucking hate atlus for not including the audio on disc. The fucking game is like 23gb, there's more than enough space on a bluray to include the audio.
>>
>>17871
Had to say undub didn´t you, you know what you started? Here comes the endless posts about whats better
>>
>>17880
It's just laziness. Stuff like the Challenge difficulty mode is also free day one DLC because it wasn't included on release in Japan.
>>
>>17881
Who cares? You know that everyone who states his opinion as a fact is just a retard who can't understand the basic concept of opinions. Don't argue with them and everything is fine.
>>
>>17883
You. You are a man with some sense.
>>
>>17883
Except the dub is objectively vastly inferior to the original Japanese performances, so even if you prefer dubs you can't side with it this time.
>>
>>17874
Man Haru is Golden Chie levels of bad. Either way though it's not like having different audio is going to change that bizarre English translation.
>>
>>17885
Not him but I don´t care enough about the voices to be arsed to download the jap dub. I played games for years without voices and loved them, I don´t really need them now either.
>>
>>17887
Even then you aren't siding with the dub if you're muting it.
>>
>>17871
Got my copy today games fun as fuck
>>
>>17888
?
He said he doenst need Jap audio.
>>
>>17890
Saying that you played games for years without voices and don't need voices now implies that you mute it.
>>
>>17888
I"m not siding with jap dub either, I can read a lot faster than the voices read anyway, I mean if you want to sit there and listen to them finish talking before progress the dialog then all power to you but I personally don´t think voice actors add much to a game.
>>
>>17892
This is why I prefer JP audio in a game where text boxes can't be removed, it at least gives something new while reading the English script on my own.
>>
>Used cheat engine for P3 and P4 to have higher starting social attributes because fuck that shit

I don't know how I'm going to survive without it. Plus with how much more the Slinks contribute to the gameplay this time around, time management is going to be brutal without a guide
>>
>>17894
>spend first playthrough grinding that shit up and getting strong personas
>spend second playthrough with social links
The game is made for multiple playthroughs. There's always some answers you can't pick in the beginning because your stats are not high enough.
>>
>>17872
>ironic weeb who can assume
You're worse than trash
>>
>>17895
I've just been hearing that certain Slinks will grant you more time during the day and higher stat boosts though. I'd hate to miss out on such a useful thing for the entire run simply because I waited to do that Slink last.
>>
>>17874
It's supposed to be awkward you retard, that's why they're responding like that.
God you people just complain, complain, complain, and yet this is the WORST you've got. Embarrassing.
>>
>>17898
>It's supposed to be awkward you retard
was the Japanese audio like that?
>>
>>17899
yes
>>
>>17899
IDK, but if the crew still responded like,
>wtf is this girl's problem
with that upbeat music playing, then yeah, I'd guess it was.
You people talk about tone and intuiting jap voice actors' emotions, but apparently you are too autistic to tell what that scene is about even in English.
>>
>>17874
>>17898
The real problem is that you hear a faint static whenever someone with a high pitched voice talks. Makes it sound as if they are lisping in some cases.
>>
No PS3 tripple leaks yet?
>>
>>17901
so you haven't played it and are just guessing too

it's not even about emotion, the trailers they released have certain characters completely miscast, much older in this case from the original voices
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2S-pALWqw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95cJSZ7KJAs

at that point, it just comes down to preferring which voice you like more since they're so different from one another
>>
File: deez nuts.png (84KB, 539x409px) Image search: [Google]
deez nuts.png
84KB, 539x409px
>TFW Not a subfag but Yakuza reminded me of why I like listening to Japanese VAs instead of English
The voices are usually able to be heard by the writers and directors of the game so they would have a say in if they think it fits, it also helps that if their line delivery is awkward, I wouldn't know due to not knowing the language
My only problem with Japanese VAs is if the girls are fucking obnoxiously high pitched and just annoy me instead of making me feel a connection to the character
>>
>>17903

Yeah I'm pretty astounded.
>>
>>17871
The art direction for this game is amazing. So fuckin' stylish. I'll try and borrow a friend's ps4 for a while to play it eventually.
>>
Any particular scenes freak you out?

Personally the scariest fucking thing to appear in the Persona games (granted I haven't played 1 or 2) was the animated cutscene that plays after you defeat ??? in The Answer,

after I saw that on youtube, I immediatly had a reaction of NUOOPE and thankfully I was able to skip that scene when I played The Answer.

Still gives me occasional nightmares
>>
>>17908
Grow a pair, faggot.
>>
Persona was never good. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1490131546344.gif (2MB, 390x411px) Image search: [Google]
1490131546344.gif
2MB, 390x411px
Do i need to insert the game into my ps4 for the dub to start downloading or can i download it right from the psn? Cause my copy isn't arriving 'till April 5
>>
>>17911
I can´t see why you can´t download on the 4th
>>
>>17909
I'm a gril, though
>>
>>17871
>still hasn't shipped
FUCK
>>
>>17913
You wish.
>>
>>17902
Older Persona's also have this problem, especially with S'es.
>>
>>17913
Only if you wear a skirt fuccboi
>>
>>17898

Oh hey Haru has the same va as Meruru
>>
>>17871
Do you guys think this will make me feel like life is worth living again? Just like those 3 days I locked myself in the basement playing P4G?
>>
pre load when
>>
I told myself I'd be fine playing the game in English because I was just really excited to play. But then I found out Fukuyama Jun voices the main character and now I'm patiently waiting for the 4th.
>>
>>17921
him saying Persona names in Engrish is beautiful
>>
>>17876
I don't think Wal-mart will carry this.

Too obscure for them
>>
>>17923
maybe, but i got SMT Devil Survivor at a wal-mart and some anon said they broke street date on P5 earlier today
>>
>>17921
The male Japanese cast in Japanese is legendary. Fukuyama, Miyano, Sugita, Nakata, even Ikeda are in.
The eventual P5 anime and spins-off will be great.
>>
File: Jesus.jpg (58KB, 310x301px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.jpg
58KB, 310x301px
>>17925
isn't the guy who voices Kotomine Kirei the cafe owner?

and Goro voices Jesus
>>
>>17925
>The eventual P5 anime and spins-off will have even more QUALITY since Sony will have to allocate more to the VA budget
FTFY
>>
File: ibuki on the scene.png (68KB, 348x331px) Image search: [Google]
ibuki on the scene.png
68KB, 348x331px
>>17871
why is anyone complaining about the dub as if it's a negative for the game?

for the first time ever you literally are getting dual audio, the dub is completely optional now.
>>
>>17928
Because people got the game early and the japanese dub is DLC that doesn't come out until release day.
>>
>>17929
i mean that's still kinda dumb to complain about. just wait for the day 1 subs if it's that important to you.
>>
I've had my copy since last Friday and it was well worth the wait. Enjoy homies
>>
>>17930
>i mean that's still kinda dumb to complain about
Maybe for you. But just imagine you've been waiting for a new persona for like 9 years now and you finally get your hands on it just to listen to one of the shittiest dubs in history. It's even worse than waiting for it to arrive on release day because you know you could be playing but then you'll just ruin the experience for yourself.
>>
dat triple torrent where?
>>
>>17932

>one of the shittiest dubs in history.

Every time I hear people say this, I assume that their first video game was in 2005.
>>
>>17932
I HAVE been waiting for a new persona for 9 years now. I'm very excited for dual audio and will definitely be playing it with subs now that I have the option, but I've never considered the dubs a detriment to the series, I don't even think 5's is THAT bad considering how bad dubs can be. We're literally lucky to even have the option.
>>
Anyone else have anxiety of time limits and time management in games?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.