[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

File: 01.png (84KB, 1033x949px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
84KB, 1033x949px
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Read the General problems FAQ and the rest of the wiki before posting. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append. Even pointing out deficiencies on the talk page is a valuable contribution, as it can highlight areas which need improvement.
>>
>>87970526
Super Mario World has been played more times on an emulator than from a cart on a real SNES
>>
There is no variable width to those lines. They are not scanlines which shape the image, they are just darkened artifacts. Why would anyone do that?
>>
So I'm being an idiot, and don't know how to get Vib Ribbon to work.
>>
>>87970620
Because "it looks so retro lol! im such a nerd"
>>
File: 1408889519578.jpg (95KB, 784x435px) Image search: [Google]
1408889519578.jpg
95KB, 784x435px
>>87970526
Preservation is dead IMO
>>
>>87970618
>Super Mario World has been played more times on an emulator than from a cart on a real SNES

I wonder if this is true. Probably not. The game was bundled with a SNES and sold something like 20 million copies. Have 20 million people played it on emulator? I doubt it. The number would be in the low millions tops. Emulation has and will remain sorta niche.
>>
>>87970820

What is this?
>>
>>87971324
A digital download on PS4
>>
>be 9
>dad comes home with a gift out of the blue
>fucking oracle of ages
>play for long enough to see the opening
>asks if I like it
>flat out say no
>ask if we can return it
>dad looks defeated
>we go to whereverthefuck
>box is crushed because I'm a child
>unable to return due to condition
>forget about game for a few days and play Pokemon Crystal
>pick up Oracle of Ages
>play it for a little bit
>wind up loving the game
>my jaw hit the floor when I see this scene displayed on my fucking Game Boy

I really was an ungrateful brat as a child. It's obvious now that he bought that game because he remembered me playing the original Legend of Zelda on the hand-me-down NES. He's never shown interest in my hobbies since.
I don't believe I ever apologized to my father, I doubt he even knows I played the game afterward. I should do that.
>>
>>87972146
Do that before it's too late, man.
>>
>>87972146
You had quit before even reaching that point? I'd whoop your little brat ass for that. You don't quit that early. Ever.
>>
>>87972146
>>87972408

It's normal to be ungrateful as a child. It's the way the brain works. At that age you're wired to feel wronged unless you're being given attention, part of survival.
That being said, it's not nice behavior, even if you don't realize it. Whenever you get the chance, apologize to him. He may not remember it, but it'll mean a lot to him to know that you do.
>>
>>87972569
this
he did something right if you feel bad about being a brat. a lot of people can't even say that.
>>
>>87972146
This makes me feel so bad and I'm not even you.
>>
>>87972146

That's how all of you behave towards emudevs.
>>
>>87971121
>Have 20 million people played it on emulator?

Easily. You vastly underestimate the amount of people that emulate games. Do you really think that with the 7-something billion people that are on the planet right now, only 20 million will have tried to emulate games, with it being free and all?
>>
>>87975828
Yeah he's underestimating a lot of people in non-first world countries whose only experience with these games may be emulation, not even to mention those of us who played them as kids but emulate them now
>>
>>87970618
THAT'S 6GORILLIAN DOLLARS IN LOST SALES

WORSE THAN THE SHOAH
>>
File: 000052.jpg (324KB, 933x783px) Image search: [Google]
000052.jpg
324KB, 933x783px
anyone know the command lines for pcsxr? ive been searching google but failed

i just want to make a shortcut for the game...
>>
>>87977702
I'm not helping you with that disgusting spyro background.
Just kidding man, never done it with PCSX-r, enjoy Spyro 2, amazing game.
>>
File: 562.jpg (70KB, 1500x1468px) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
70KB, 1500x1468px
>>87977802
>>
>>87977702
What the heck frontend is this?
>>
>>87977702
Is TheGamesDB going places? Or will it fail like so many others?
>>
>>87977702
why hasn't pcsxr been made into a retroarch core yet?
>>
><Squarepusher> honestly I've been thinking about in the future just taking PPSSPP, rewriting it in C and doing away with all of this crap C++ code
He wants to rewrite the world in C.

This month's thread music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S1fISh-pag
>>
>>87981812
What in the fuck? That is a total waste of time. PPSSPP is one of the better emulators. Why doesn't he work on an emulator that is struggling like PCSX2?
>>
>>87981812
Oh shit, I forgot about this video.

Fucking gold.
>>
>>87981812
There's some really crazy people out there who are obsessed with C. It must be due to it being the first good language a lot of people used.
>>
>>87981812
ELI5 C vs C++? I thought C++ was basically C with extra stuff like strings. why would it make such a huge difference?
>>
>>87982273
>It must be due to it being the first good language a lot of people used.
I fucking hate C, but surely that's not the reason for being obsessed with C.
>>
>>87981812
That vid seems to be more about getting rid of the old languages and going to C. Less so about doing away with C's successors because they're shitty
>>
>>87982273

I think it might also be due to a lot of people writing complete garbage in C++. Bad C++ is much worse than bad C in my experience. I haven't looked at PPSSPP source code though, so I don't know if he's right to complain about that.

>>87982323

C++ is much, much "bigger" than C. Tons of features that can be misused and result in unmaintainable code. A great power comes with great responsibility etc..
>>
>>87982273
Because it's still the best
>>
>>87982323
>muh oop
>>
File: OOP.png (166KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
OOP.png
166KB, 2000x1000px
>OOP
>>
File: 1408879519545.png (535KB, 1279x749px) Image search: [Google]
1408879519545.png
535KB, 1279x749px
How do we collectively feel about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLETH8dO9r8

Retroarch inside TVs/Arcades inside virtual reality.
Virtual game carts inserted into virtual consoles plugged into virtual TVs.
Them pixels, though.
>>
Hi sp, that wasn't me who posted that. I didn't even get out of bed until 2 minutes ago. Why do you seem to think that everything bad anyone ever says about you must be coming from dolphin devs (who you think of as all one person)? Where does your hatred of all dolphin devs come from?
>>
>>87982546
I think it's pretty dumb. If you want the experience of playing on a CRT, just fucking get a CRT.

As for them pixels, it's not like they mean anything when you get far enough away to actually see what's on the screen. This is just outputting to a screen itself, so at best it's no different than any regular CRT shader, but it's probably less efficient, and more importantly, prone to undesirable artifacting.
>>
Speaking words of wisdom: write in VB.

Seriously, don't ever learn VB before you learn C. C has all kinds of nonsensical brackets and symbols and shit and VB will spoil you for C by being so natural and English
>>
>>87982546
I wouldn't want to play that way for an extended time but it's a neat trick/tech demo. Imagine something like the playable consoles in GTA:SA, but with real classic games. Or your character has a phone with a "games" menu, and it can play real pokemon. Something like that.
>>
>>87983419
I agree.
Maybe such things have a future in commonplace VR. Like when people have shit glued to their faces (Or heads, given proper headphones with glorious isolation) instead of phones for long train rides to isolate their enjoyment from the world and feel at home.
>>
>>87982819
He had an argument with Delroth
>>
>>87982546
Huge waste of time.
>>
>>87984697
Delroth is a kawaii frenchman ne>?
>>
>tfw wikia ranks higher on Google than gametechwiki
>>
>>87985583
leddit ranks higher than 4chins in searches too. It's to be expected
>>
>>87982546

For now it's a gimmick but if VR catches on and we get very high definition headsets it'll probably be quite viable.

It's a pretty cool demo though.
>>
>>87983373
>by being so natural and English

I write all my emulators in KOBOL because I want my mother and the pizza guy to read and understand my code.
>>
I would assume that despite this being an emulation general, I cannot obtain information as to where I can find Roms to play on these emulators?
I very badly wish to play Terranigma, but Nintendo threatened legal action with CoolRom, and therefore all of their N64, SNES and other game have been removed
>>
>>87987007
emuparadise
>>
>>87987007
>Terranigma
Don't forget to patch to NTSC framerates if you're playing in English.
>>
>>87986784

> KOBOL
>>
>>87985748
The problem is that wikia is clearly inferior to gametechwiki.
I can't tell what's worse between reddit and 4chan. They both suck pretty hard.
>>
>>87987953
That's not exactly the implication. Reddit uses wikia, so it gets more hits.
But in contrast it means that gametech doesn't have as much network activity to deal with. Means people get to keep their little ``secret club away from reddit'' as well. Could be considered win-win, depending on your perspective.
>>
>>87988559
Oh, I didn't know reddit did that. I don't go there myself. So they basically have their own version of the wiki? Why make it on wikia? It's the worst wiki software I've ever seen.
>>
>>87988851
They just took it and used it when some asshat from here linked it there.
>>
>>87987889
I actually write in BATCH
>>
Where is the best place to get Wii ISOs? I usually use Emuparadise, but their selection is terrible and they use shitty sites to host them. The Piratebay doesn't seem too great either, as most of the games seem to be in WBFS format instead of ISO.
>>
>>87986784
Natural for me, not for other people =)
>>
>>87990131
>WBFS format
Is that a problem? I have SMG and Rhythm Heaven Fever in WBFS and they work fine.
>>
>>87990131
Wii stuff is near impossible to find outside of torrents, which are frightening to use
>>
>>87990131
http://www.romulation.net/
>>
https://github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/commit/ae8dd1de3e293177eec84ad2e1970e7b37278a03

"Backport PCSXR widescreen hack - add core option "
>>
>>87990650
>catering to emugen whims
Step it up SP.
>>
>>87990582
>Points limits
:^)
>>
>>87990530
> frightening to use
Were you raped by a torrent as a child?
>>
>>87990530
>which are frightening to use
I almost laughed at the thought. But it really is too pathetic to laugh at. Switch ISPs if you really consider this to be true.
>>
>>87991327
There's only one ISP here
>>
>>87991327
>Switch ISPs

A lot of the time that means "move somewhere else"
>>
>>87991302
>ISP assumes all torrents are piracy and blocks it
>cuts off your internet access if you get caught bypassing it
>>
>>87993209
>what is encryption
>>
Two words:

Seed box
>>
>>87993209
What?
Do u live in Dprnk?
>>
>>87993209
What shit country is that where ISPs are allowed to do that? I thought I had it bad by having to use a proxy site because TPB is blocked on DNS level.
>>
>>87994750
Probably the US
>>
>>87994750
>blocked on DNS level.
Change your dns server...
>>
>>87995357
I'd have to pick a DNS outside the country. Hardly worth the trouble. MyPProxy works just fine anyway. There are some shitty filesharing sites blocked, but I never need them anyway.
It was a problem before all these TPB proxy sites came afloat, but now it's all fine. The one I use currently has been only for more than a year.
>>
>>87995649
>I'd have to pick a DNS outside the country. Hardly worth the trouble.
What trouble? It's a couple numbers. DNS outside of the country can even be faster in some cases of local server bottlenecks.
Just try popular alternatives like OpenDNS and google.
>>
>>87995649
Couldn't you just use Google DNS? The ISP's servers are usually shit either way.
>>
can somebody who got Final Fantasy Type-0 to run on ppsspp post his ppsspp version and his settings? mine crashes after selecting new game
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.