[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ovg/ Overwatch General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 653
Thread images: 117

File: 1415686823194.jpg (78KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
1415686823194.jpg
78KB, 500x686px
Tracer Appreciation General

>Gameplay Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dushZybUYnM

>Cinematic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNhcT_NivD8

>Commentated match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U7-APV1lio&hd=1

>Official Websites
http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/
http://eu.battle.net/overwatch/en/
>>
First for Tracer
>>
File: 1414350185423.png (32KB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
1414350185423.png
32KB, 178x178px
So how many people are going to actually play this game?
>>
First for this is Reaper's theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgrFx0cDWQg

Could use some Pharah themes.
>>
>>86181370
Given that it's a Blizzard title I imagine quite a few people will play.
>>
We should start including the tracer origin story. I doubt most people even know about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjzhX9ZfV2s
Can't find the official video, sadly.
>>
>>86181370
I am if it turns out to be fun.
>>
You know, Tracer's pulse bomb reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it. It was called Shatterbomb or something similar but I really can't remember what that was from
>>
>>86181809
from Gunz? ;)
>>
File: ZrBrXC0.png (38KB, 214x100px) Image search: [Google]
ZrBrXC0.png
38KB, 214x100px
>>
>>86181929
No no, it was something a bit more futuristic. That thing had like four or five classes and one of which somewhat resembled the unreleased robot samurai, sword and all.

God why can't I remember it
>>
>>86182036
Borderlands 2 :^)
>>
>>86181370
Considering it's a free Blizzard game there's a potential installed userbase of ~20,000,000 players. That's also what they're betting on when it comes to HotS since that isn't catching up whatsoever, from what it seems.

If you mean people itt, I'm playing Overwatch for sure. I can't tell how busy I will be be or where will my life be when it's released but if it got released right now I'd seriously play it 10+ hours a day.
>>
File: onetruehusbando.jpg (1MB, 2068x1288px) Image search: [Google]
onetruehusbando.jpg
1MB, 2068x1288px
Hanzo themes? Hanzo themes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1fTbDJiyrM
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p_yo_VGOSw
>>
>>86182662
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g
>>
>>86181374
Honestly, I don't think that's edgy enough for Reaper. Plus, he doesn't have a divine/demonic theme about him.

Maybe more something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vLXeU-u8SI
>>
>>86176326
Truly she would be the best then
>>
>>86182292
HotS is the biggest reason why I'm worried about Overwatch.

The potential is decent, but if they can go that wrong with their other new IP, it's hard to have faith.
>>
>>86181541
Are there ones like these for the other characters?
>>
>>86183261
Not yet, but it's apparently planned for the future.
>>
>>86183261
None, I think.

Not yet, at least.

>>86183204
Why, what have they done with HoTS?

>>86182907
>Picked a Disturbed song
>Not indestructible
>>
File: cc.jpg (172KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
172KB, 720x720px
>>86183332
>Bastion one just has him communicating in beeps and boops over his backstory
>>
>>86182662
http://youtu.be/kIJ5RnK1xP0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiXfuzGT3qQ
>>
>>86183204
>HotS is the biggest reason why I'm worried about Overwatch.
Honestly, I don't see the link. They're two different projects worked on by two different teams with two different genres and, ultimately, markets. HotS isn't getting 1/10th of the numbers they were expecting, I'd wager, but that doesn't really imply anything for Overwatch. One of reasons it's underperforming so badly is because it's a MOBA and that genre is already oversaturated to high hell.

Ironically, if they had released it in 2010 (or was it 2011?) it could have grabbed a lot of LoL's or Dota 2's market, as it is, it's starting position is horribly disadvantaged and the one life link it has is that it's BLIZZARD's MOBA. It's actually ironic in more ways than one as Blizzard in the MOBA genre is in the same position that everyone else is in MMORPGs - trying, and failing, to make a dent on the biggest, badast motherfucker there.

But Overwatch is completely different beast. Arena FPSs done in this style, with some exceptions like TF2 and CS, haven't been a thing since the times of Quake and Unreal Tournament and the like and, indeed, Overwatch feels like an FPS from those times - all the way down to sillier, less realistic/gritty aesthetic. Furthemore, perhaps the biggest argument for Overwatch is that it simply looks incredibly FUN to play while it's also not facing serious competition from anyone besides TF2 and that is an aging game with aging fanbase.
>>
>>86183507
>Reaper's backstory is him having an ungodly over the top ironic edgefest, with it ending with Reaper making as many edge related puns to his target before killing him, and then Winston who was reviewing the tape takes off his glasses and goes "this guy is over the edge"
>>
>>86183204
blizzard isn't just one group of people that develop all the games. there are teams within the company and those teams have differing levels of talent in them. The people in charge of Overwatch are ultimately the same people who developed and updated WoW up until they left to make Titan, leaving WoW to a secondary team that fucked it up.
>>
>>86183732
>hots has 1/10th the numbers they were expecting
Wat, it's still in invite only alpha. When did they say it's underperforming?
>>
>>86183732
Does team fortress even have a playerbase beyond rp maps and 24/7 2fort wankfests?

Also those weird servers where privileges like super speed and invincibility are sold
>>
File: Do it for her Tracer.png (906KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Do it for her Tracer.png
906KB, 1400x1000px
>>86181234
>>
>>86183902
>left WoW to a secondary team that fucked it up
>HotS was developed into a market that has no room for it, mechanically doesn't look better than either of the existing contenders
>Hearthstone is borderline P2W and extremely luck based
>suddenly Overwatch announced, looks stylish enough, but way too simple

god damn right I'm worried.
>>
>>86183920
can stilll look at player retention. i know i played like 3 games and never touched it again
>>
>>86184262
Their record of good games is bigger than that of their bad games. I'd say hearthstone is a good game.
>>
>>86183920
It's numbers have been consistently bad (downright terrible when compared to HS's in same phase) and it just hasn't generated all that much, if any, interest or excitement in the general gaming populace. The opinion seems to be divided between "meh", "I don't like it/it's shit" and "wooo it's cool" with most people being in the meh group. HS, even in that stage, had a fuckton of excitement, aside from the usual "seriously, a card game" people but they seemed to be in minority and the hype, interest and numbers were very good.

>>86183902
Titan's team was supposed to be "dream team" made of all the best Blizz devs that worked, amongst others, on vanilla and TBC WoW. That probably has to do with Overwatch's extremely impressively quality.
>>
>>86184262
>>Hearthstone is borderline P2W
>borderline
Last I checked, fucking Trump was losing against people he'd normally never ever ever lose in million years with his f2p deck.
>>
>>86184405
>It's numbers have been consistently bad (downright terrible when compared to HS's in same phase)
Where can you see these numbers? I wasn't aware Blizz had public stats for these games.
>>
>>86183732
>arena FPS's haven't been done since Quake
False. They haven't been successful since Quake, but there have been plenty of attempts. It's as much a no win market as joining MOBA, or anyone other than Blizzard trying to contend with WoW.
>>
http://youtu.be/mjzhX9ZfV2s

Tracer is such a qt pi.
>>
>>86184171
>Does team fortress even have a playerbase beyond rp maps and 24/7 2fort wankfests?
Apparently. Somebody has to be buying all those hats.

Plus, much like how HotS and the rest benefit from bnet TF2 benefits immensely from being Valve's game. With a bit of marketing on steam, which is a service they own, they can get a fuckton of players for TF2.
>>
I hope there are no advantages sold, besides maybe characters that you can buy with normal currency but that's if you must.

I hated Hearthstone for pitting me against people with like a billion legendaries and epic class cards when I'm still not even level 10 with the class I'm playing and have no idea said cards even exist.

Like jesus, I don't even have Scavenging Hyena and this guy is pulling cards out of his ass with the release the hounds/buzzard combo and then buffing his hyena with the hounds.

>>86184668
I thought Dota was pretty much their cash cow now.
>>
>>86184584
>They haven't been successful since Quake, but there have been plenty of attempts.
Okay, I haven't heard of them since those days. And it's not the same situation as MOBA's/MMOs because both of those genres have one or two gigantic games that take up 99% of the players and then dozen or more smaller games fighting for crumbs while trying, and failing, to overthrown the big ones.

Arena Shooters don't have any such giant in the room so Overwatch can very easily sweep the entire genre up.

>>86184542
It's informal, un-scientific data from twitch numbers and general opinion from various forums (not just 4chins as /v/ hates everything). Happy now?

I've never seen HotS have more than 3k concurrent viewers on twitch and that was when there was still hype for it. Conversely, I don't remember when I last heard about HotS outside places specifically dedicated to it.
>>
>>86184728
>I thought Dota was pretty much their cash cow now.
Dota is more of a cash-sink, from what I've heard. They took a loss (net or real, I don't know) by giving the fairest possible model for Dota 2 in order to get people to play Dota 2 and to get them to use steam. I'm pretty sure that LoL's model was considered relatively fair prior to Dota 2's launch as you didn't have to buy the game like in HoN and you'd get a free champ rotation every week.

On the other hand, hats are silly easy and cheap to make and they, apparently, sell really well.
>>
>>86185216
>took a loss
Dota's latest international prize pool was $10M
Only $2.50 of every $10 'compendium' purchase inccreased the prize pool at all.
that's $7m that Valve pulled out of a yearly event, before merch sales.

cash sink my ass
mind it's nothing on the profits they make off of steam, but as far as games go it's pretty unreal
>>
>>86184728
i think you mean csgo
>>
>>86184728
I don't think they physically CAN make Overwatch as p2w as HS is because HS is a card game and those are inherently unfair and p2w. Overwatch is class based, arena FPS with no exp, no levels (there probably will be account levels, though) and with fixed weapons for each class. All they CAN sell is new skins and new classes and even the latter is questionable since the intent seems to be that you should change your characters a lot mid fight.

I totally agree with what you're saying, though. HS is ultimately a game about getting the most value out of your cards and Legendaries, and even epics, have simply too much inherent value that it nullifies the element of player's skill - you could be the worst possible HS player in the fucking world it's simply impossible NOT to get a ton of value of Ysera, for example, worst case she gets silence d and you end up with a 4/12.
>>
>>86185216
If they lose money from dota but gain money from the people who use steam thanks to dota dota is still their cash cow, just not directly.
>>86184584
Overwatch isn't really an arena FPS, at least by my definition. Arena FPS games are usually classless deathmatch affairs with pickups in the style of quake 3, this game has classes(in fact, if we go by the official art more classes than i've ever seen in a game like this) and objectives, it's a class-based shooter like TF2.
>>86184396
Hearthstone is pretty lame, though partly because the incredibly small card roster which is getting expanded. It just simply needs more complexity, right now it's as someone else said, a game about napkin math. It should have shitloads of factors to consider and toy around with so it's impossible to solve, but a good player will do better than a poor player, but it's a casual game. I'm not worried for Overwatch though, casual action games and casual card strategy games are very different, as long as they can pull of action that feels good it'll probably be worth at least a hundred hours or so.
>>
>>86185501
Still, it's a free game that doesn't sell you anything but aesthetics. They took a big loss developing it gambling that it will pay off over couple of years, which it did.
>>
>>86185501
Well actually, while the prize pool was $10 Million, that means Valve got $30 Million from Compendiums.
+ Merch sales.
+ Rare limited item chests.
+ Whatever those items go for on the marketplace.
>>
>>86186534
>anon in charge of math
I fucked up, thanks.

That number, though. Jeez.
>>
>>86183732
>One of reasons it's underperforming so badly is because it's a MOBA and that genre is already oversaturated to high hell.
That literally doesn't even matter due to how well known and loved blizzard is. The reason why HOTS is under performing is because nearly every design decision they've made to try to make it stick out from other MOBA games has made the game more bland. The idea to replace items with customizable skills and perks is the only thing that the game has going for it and even that is underwhelming. On the flip side the team shared experience is literally cancer and the fact that teams can basically be tied in level when one team has been raping the other team in every fight and is up on rax kills is such a miss step that whoever suggested it should be demoted or fired.

That said that doesn't have a direct link to overwatch. However the fact that sc2 is dying/d3 was a disaster for the first year it was out/HOTS was underwhelming all don't bode well for blizzard. Oddly enough the game that's been working out best for blizzard is hearthstone.

All in all i'm pretty neutral. Blizzard seems to be stumbling where it should be excelling and the completely new territory they've explored recently is what has been a big success. This is the best sign that OW might actually turn out great.
>>
>>86186186
The main reason I don't play HS is because it's Jewing: The Game. That said, I think you're being a little too unfair on it - there is complexity to HS beyond just first grade math, it's about three (this is off the top of my head) components - 1) predicting what cards your opponent has in his deck, in his hand and then playing around those predictions and 2) maximising the value of your own cards while minimising the value of your opponent's cards 3) juggling card synergies and effects to make something cohesive.

The biggest problems with HS is the unfair playing field due to p2w and RNG. You simply have to accept p2w or quit playing the game (as I did) but RNG is something that can be dealt with. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Blizzard got the message - the new expansion is entirely RNG focused, almost every one of the 20 cards showcased (out of total 120 cards in the expansion, bringing the total number of cards in HS with Naxx to 450) has RNG effect on it and it's just ridiculous.
>>
>>86184985
>It's informal, un-scientific data from twitch numbers and general opinion from various forums (not just 4chins as /v/ hates everything). Happy now?
You should mention you're pulling conclusions out of your ass at the start next time rather than making it sound like you actually know something.

So let's start with
>twitch viewership has anything to do actual game popularity
Well then let's look at what other titles are floating around HotS right now. Ah yes, such famous flops as Destiny and Dark Souls 2. RIP HotS. How about some games even lower than HotS in viewership? GTA5, CIV:BE, and a bunch of other games. What do you mean they were top sellers? They don't have people watching it on Twitch so that means they didn't sell well.

I know I'm comparing a multiplayer game to mostly single player games, but since you drew your conclusions by comparing a moba to a card game it shouldn't be a problem for ya.

Speaking of which, maybe not many people viewing HotS has something to do with how few people are in the game? Maybe it has something to do with mobas being garbage to watch unless you play or understand the game? Nah that can't be it, that makes too much sense.

You take something as open ended as twitch viewership and forum activity and can only draw one conclusion with it? Come on now.
>>
>>86186776
>That literally doesn't even matter due to how well known and loved blizzard is.
cashing in on fandoms only works for so long, and can really come back to bite you.
If that's what the community interprets it as, then it's the beginning of the end for Blizzard. They've got to turn that around.
>>
>>86186852
Is this the first REKT of the general or has someone else been BTFO this hard already?
>>
>>86187046
I'm not trying to imply that they were just cashing out on the good will they've built up. I was trying to say that because of how well known blizzard is that the name recognition that comes with a new moba game basically negates the biggest problem when it comes to entering the moba market.
>>
>serious, informed discussion on /vg/
>in a general for a game that doesn't exist yet
I'm proud of you, anons. So very proud.
>>
>>86186852
>I know I'm comparing a multiplayer game to mostly single player games, but since you drew your conclusions by comparing a moba to a card game it shouldn't be a problem for ya.
Fucking lmao.

>Maybe it has something to do with mobas being garbage to watch unless you play or understand the game?
Very true, I always see LoL or Dota players talking like, "I tried to watch the other game once but I couldn't tell what the hell was going on."
>>
>>86186776
>That literally doesn't even matter due to how well known and loved blizzard is.
I agree it's a factor but I think you're over-estimating the importance of it. The fact that it's Blizzard's MOBA is what's keeping it alive and in gamer conscience but that alone isn't enough to make it anything close to a success.

>he reason why HOTS is under performing is because nearly every design decision they've made to try to make it stick out from other MOBA games has made the game more bland. The idea to replace items with customizable skills and perks is the only thing that the game has going for it and even that is underwhelming
I fully agree with this, though. The one thing the game has going for it is the skill talent tree and they seem intent on making even that boring by locking it away behind arbitrery doors. Locking each hero's talents behind their own exp bar is the worst decision they've made yet in that game.

As for shared exp, eh, I can see the benefits but I fully agree that rubberbanding is cancer and should be removed. Dota does comebacks well and organically, imo, where a team can come back and you can have those epic comebacks/games aren't decided 10 minutes in and I guess they tried making something like that without really knowing whta they were doing and they ended up with the horrible rubber banding they've got now.

The problem is - if they add items, remove shared experience, remove forced rubber banding etc what seperates it from Dota 2/LoL/every MOBA there is? I think some of those decisions were made just to differentiate HotS from other MOBAs.

>That said that doesn't have a direct link to overwatch. However the fact that sc2 is dying/d3 was a disaster for the first year it was out/HOTS was underwhelming all don't bode well for blizzard. Oddly enough the game that's been working out best for blizzard is hearthstone.
I wouldn't say situation is that bad - SC2 is still third most popular e-sport, right?
>>
>>86186842
It's not first-grade math, but the situations are never that complex. There's another card game I play called infinity wars, which has pretty decent complexity. You and your opponents take turns simultaneously, planning them in advance, and can move your characters around 3 zones on the battlefield(attack, defense, and support). The attack and defense zones are basically divided up in lines, and the first attacking creature attacks the first defending creature once, then lets the next attacking creature attack, if the first defending creature dies the second defending creature gets attacked and so on. Characters in the support zone don't attack or block, but many spells and effects have targeting restrictions that don't target the support zone. The situations late-game can get ridiculously complex guessing just what your opponent is going to do with his cards in play, nevermind what he has in his hand. Keep in mind that you easily can get 10 non-token creatures out simultaneously. It has all the elements of hearthstone but then adds more, and also lets the player pay 5 to draw a card so you almost always have a decent range of options in hand(unlike topdeckstone). And I still think it's not that deep of a game.
>>
>>86187398
It's pretty true, I can watch a Dota 2 game and understand everything that happens.
But whenever I try to watch LoL my eyes just glaze over.

I know that if I studied up on LoL, I'd eventually get what was happening.
But I'd really rather not.
>>
>>86186842

It says something about the games complexity when people are running bots and they are doing pretty well. The things what makes HS good is superb UI and visuals compared to other card games, little to no competition (MTG is huge, but MTGO is horrible, only good factor is that it's functional MTG) and dumbed down gameplay for casual players.
>>
Fucking hell, I hate /v/ so much

First overwatch thread I go on is filled with autists spewing
>hurr nice viral marketing blizzard
>sage, hide and report you fucking shill
>lol /v/ is full of SJWs now
>fucking sjw game is shit

Literally buzzword central. I fucking hate that place so much.
>>
>>86188014
>going to /v/
There's your problem. I hope you learned your lesson.
>>
>>86187603
>I wouldn't say situation is that bad - SC2 is still third most popular e-sport, right?
I don't think it is but I don't exactly have a citation for that.

>The problem is - if they add items, remove shared experience, remove forced rubber banding etc what seperates it from Dota 2/LoL/every MOBA there is? I think some of those decisions were made just to differentiate HotS from other MOBAs.
This really is a huge problem with the game and I really don't know how'd they manage to pull it off while keeping the game different. That said the current objectives giving massive temporary advantages to the team that captures them would be the key to setting them apart from other mobas.
>>
>>86188014
Sounds like /tv/ to me. Which is funny because /tv/ hates /v/ as much as any board could.
>>
>>86187805

As a LoL player I don't understant dota at all, the characters just seem to blend in with the background. The problem is the huge roster of playable characters every moba has, if you don't know what they can do it's really hard to understand and learning them takes way too long for a non-player.
>>
>>86187603
CS:GO is catching up to SC2 for third place
>>
>>86187245
>I was trying to say that because of how well known blizzard is that the name recognition that comes with a new moba game basically negates the biggest problem when it comes to entering the moba market.
Not necessarily. I would say that, while Blizzard fans are loyal to Blizzard they tend to me most loyal to just one game of Blizzard's.

When D3 was first released they had that promotion where you pay for a year of WoW and get free D3. The thing is, even with free D3 and absolutely nothing going on in WoW (that was the end of Cata and 0 content for like a year) most people played through D3 few times, complained on the forums and quit the game. Likewise, even when sites like wow-insder or diablo incgamers (not name dropping) report on other games reaction is usually ignore or meh or "why are you showing this other game".

>>86186852
>>twitch viewership has anything to do actual game popularity
It does for some genres (most of which are e-sports) and all e-sports. Single player games are never going to achieve lasting endurance on twitch but you absolutely can (and frankly should) measure a popularity of an mp game around twitch viewers. Another factor, before the ienvitable "hurr durr Destiny has billion player" it also depends on how fun a game is to watch. Frankly, destiny, outside of raids, is boring as shit.

>I know I'm comparing a multiplayer game to mostly single player games, but since you drew your conclusions by comparing a moba to a card game it shouldn't be a problem for ya.
MP vs SP matters because former are twitch material and latter aren't. MOBA vs CCG doesn't as they're both potentially twitch popular.

>Speaking of which, maybe not many people viewing HotS has something to do with how few people are in the game?
When HS was in this stage, with very few people and all of them famous, having keys it was seeing fuckton better results than HotS. Bit later entire twitch channels were made by streamers promising keys for their viewers.
>>
>>86181370
As much as I'd like to get hype I know Blizzard will fuck everything up by setting up a ridiculously overpriced cash shop
>>
>>86188014
the thing you gotta remember when it comes to /v/ is that they don't even like videogames. fuck /v/.
>>
>>86188419
>When D3 was first released they had that promotion where you pay for a year of WoW and get free D3. The thing is, even with free D3 and absolutely nothing going on in WoW (that was the end of Cata and 0 content for like a year) most people played through D3 few times, complained on the forums and quit the game. Likewise, even when sites like wow-insder or diablo incgamers (not name dropping) report on other games reaction is usually ignore or meh or "why are you showing this other game".

While this is true D3 is a really bad example because D3 was a disaster for blizzard. Like it was absolutely horrible on release. Even hard core D2 lovers quit the game before too long
>>
>>86188520
Yeah, they're gonna pull a Microsoft.
>>
>>86187829
>he things what makes HS good is superb UI and visuals compared to other card games, little to no competition (MTG is huge, but MTGO is horrible, only good factor is that it's functional MTG)
this, absolutely this. Biggest reason HS is as successful is because it has no competition whatsoever (MTGO doesn't count because it's intentionally gimped MTG because they only used it as a way of selling more physical cards) in the genre and scratched that multiplayer/card game itch most didn't even know was there.

>>86187771
I'm not saying HS is the most complex card game ever I'm just saying there is more complexity than doing 4 - 3 calculations few times a turn.

Infinity Wars sounds amazing as fuck, though. I'll definitely check that out.
>>
>>86188376
>CS:GO is catching up to SC2 for third place
And Dota 2 is almost certainly beating HotS. Valve's been kicking Blizzard's ass a lot lately it's hardly surprising Blizzard is going after TF2 - their weakest link.
>>
>>86188793
>>he things what makes HS good is superb UI and visuals compared to other card games, little to no competition (MTG is huge, but MTGO is horrible, only good factor is that it's functional MTG)
>this, absolutely this. Biggest reason HS is as successful is because it has no competition whatsoever (MTGO doesn't count because it's intentionally gimped MTG because they only used it as a way of selling more physical cards) in the genre and scratched that multiplayer/card game itch most didn't even know was there.
Doesn't that bode well for OW then? I mean the only thing that seems like it'd compete with OW is TF2 and that games really just there to sell keys these days.
>>
File: 1415444323051.jpg (1MB, 3000x1539px) Image search: [Google]
1415444323051.jpg
1MB, 3000x1539px
Someone please post the wallpaper with TwoSwords McScarf, thanks~
>>
>>86189027
The funny thing is valve is doing it while not even trying that hard. Meanwhile blizzard wanted to make sc2 into the new big esport from the get go.
>>
>>86189074
>Doesn't that bode well for OW then?
Oh, yes. It bodes extremely well for Overwatch. It's a blend of genres, it has a bit of that old arena shooter thing going on, it's got interesting classes and fast gameplay, it's Blizzard's game, it's free (most likely) and it's closest direct competitor is TF2, which it already seems like it won't have any problems beating TF2.
>>
>>86188793
>Infinity Wars sounds amazing as fuck, though. I'll definitely check that out.
It's pretty good, it's probably better than hearthstone in every respect except for the visuals and comfiness. It even has a system that can emulate hero powers except with a dozen times more choices, because you can choose any 3 creature cards to be "commanders", which are sort of in play but not really, and can be played from the command zone or use abilities. The chinese faction for instance has three sages which give health to all your dudes, deal AoE damage to everyones dudes, or amplify lost morale for your enemy(basically, if you lose 100 morale you lose the game, morale is lost from your guys dying or certain effects. It can bring some pretty tight situations when you absolutely cannot afford one of your guys dying or you taking damage).
>>
>>86189292
>Meanwhile blizzard wanted to make sc2 into the new big esport from the get go.
Eh, Blizz fucked up with SC2, multiple times. Their goal was to get it to be big e-sport but their execution was extremely sloppy.

Plus, it was quite unfortunate for them that MOBAs became the "it" genre right around the time when SC2 should have seen greatest growth. If the situation was different and, say, FPSs blossomed in 2010 to 2014 period SC2 could have been a lot more popular than it is or will be now.
>>
>>86189027
Good
Valve needs a kick in the ass, they're just resting on it's laurels right now
>>
File: OW100_Final_s.jpg (3MB, 5171x2153px) Image search: [Google]
OW100_Final_s.jpg
3MB, 5171x2153px
>>86189229
>>
>>86189653
Cheers, luv.
>>
>>86183732
What were they expecting for HotS? I signed up for the fucking alpha the second you could and have yet to get an invitation. How can they be disappointed with the numbers if they artificially control the amount of people who can play it?

Hell a lot of people don't even know the game fucking exists because of how hard it is to get to play it.
>>
>>86189897
>How can they be disappointed with the numbers if they artificially control the amount of people who can play it?
Maybe they are maybe they aren't disappointed, *I*'m saying that their numbers are disappointingly low, especially compared to HS at the same stage.
>>
>>86189897
>How can they be disappointed with the numbers if they artificially control the amount of people who can play it?
They are probably disappointed with the numbers of viewers that HoTS streams get. I can't remember who but I remember hearing an esports journalist saying that according to a conversation he had with a high level blizzard employee blizzard had/has huge plans for the game.
>>
>>86184985
Oh so it's complete bullshit then based purely on the sites you think matter? Moving on..
>>
>>86188294
>>86187805
After a few games you can get a general feel for what to expect

>play LoL, Dota, Hots and Dawngate
>dawngate is shutting down
>no King of Masks replacement in other mobas
suffering. Maybe Riot can steal some kits from dawngate
>>
>>86188419
>Frankly, destiny, outside of raids, is boring as shit.
Arguing an objective truth and dismissing an outlier with a subjective opinion. Off to another wonderful start.

>MOBA vs CCG doesn't as they're both potentially twitch popular.
You can watch Hearthstone for a little bit and pick it up. It's a simple game. HotS is a simple game in a complicated genre. It's pretty hard to pick up the game just by watching it.

>When HS was in this stage, with very few people and all of them famous, having keys it was seeing fuckton better results than HotS. Bit later entire twitch channels were made by streamers promising keys for their viewers.
Are you really this stupid? REALLY? Let me rephrase what you said to hopefully illustrate how retarded it was.

>Hearthstone did better in this stage than HotS is. I mean, sure, they exclusively gave keys away to people with HUGE fanbases but that didn't effect it in any way. People clearly didn't just follow the personalities they enjoyed and watched as they played this new game or anything silly like that right? It had more viewers because it's a more popular game. Also the fact that these streams were literally giving away free access to this hyped up game in no way inflated the stream viewers.

Do you see the problem with saying stream views = popularity? Hearthstone did better because of all the e-celeb worshipers and people looking for keys. Neither of which they did with HotS.
>>
>>86190142
>blizzard had/has huge plans for the game.
Well, yeah, it's a MOBA featuring an all-star cast of Blizzard characters in an age where MOBAs are making absolutely ridiculous profits.

Which is all nice and dandy except they seemingly forgot the very same lessons they should have learned over the past 10 years in MMO genre with WoW and it's million "WoW killers".
>>
>>86187398
I think it's true. MOBAs are inherently boring to watch. My friends always complain to me about how uninteresting they are to watch in regards to the MOBA they do not play. Not knowing the details of the game make everything bland and blur together.

On the flip side when you first start learning the game streams and professional play is extremely entertaining. I remember how much I loved watching the Internationals, but then one day I felt I truly understood the game and found there was little to no interest to be had in watching when I could just play it.

And then there's HotS. I want to try the game, but I didn't get invited to its Alpha. Whenever I try to watch matches, I can't get into it because I don't know what the fuck is going on, I have no idea what the streamer is talking about, and there's nothing I can really learn or get out of watching it. At most it just makes me close the tab angrily and wish that I could play the game myself.

Stream numbers are a poor indicator. You also have to keep in mind that stream follows are often dedicated to certain streamers. If those streamers didn't get an invite then they're shit out of luck and all those people who would have watched their HotS videos are no more.
>>
>watching Overwatch panel again
>>
>>86190615
>Which is all nice and dandy except they seemingly forgot the very same lessons they should have learned over the past 10 years in MMO genre with WoW and it's million "WoW killers".
They mistook that lesson for "blizzard is number one best vidya company ever and can't ever be beaten ever by anything ever... EVER.
>>
>>86189983
>comparing hots to hs
Were you dropped as a child? Blizz is handling these two games entirely differently. Look at who was streaming hs around this time. Fucking huge big name people. Who is streaming hots now? Fucking no name dipshits that just happened to luck into a key. Like fucking hello? I really hope your next post is some, "loll i am le epic trolle" bullshit or something.
>>
>>86190810
>And then there's HotS. I want to try the game,
You really don't.
>>
>>86191117
Come on man, eating the whole enemy team and running at the speed of light is kind of funny unless you cant do that anymore, then fuck
>>
>>86191117
Eh I work with MOBAs like I do with fighting games. In my opinion these games become stale after awhile so I move on to the next one that interests me, and doing so keeps things fresh. I even enjoyed SMITE for a little while after first trying out DOTA2 and playing that for a thousand hours. Now I'm playing League and I would love to try out HotS.

Hell I even tried STRIFE. Now that game was a piece of shit. I would be incredibly shocked if HotS was worse than Strife.
>>
>>86191084
>I really hope your next post is some, "loll i am le epic trolle" bullshit or something.
As someone that maxed out two replies to him I kinda hope that as well.
>>
HotS could really do giving your characters like double the number of abilities and more creative skills. It's a for-fun game, just make everything over the top and unique, what the hell is this LoL-mediocrity shit?
>>
File: 47043393_p0.png (1MB, 750x975px) Image search: [Google]
47043393_p0.png
1MB, 750x975px
how does one catch a tracer?
>>
Is it f2p (read: p2w)?
>>
>>86187603
i would think so, i mean they televise SC2 games on their tv.
>>
>>86192107
Can't wait to see a Tracer get sniped immediately after they finish their recall.
>>
>>86192107
tfw you wish Widowmaker would use and abuse you
>>
>>86192107
Why does Widowmaker have to be so mean? ;_;
>>
>>86192370
Same as every other blizzard game.
>>
>>86192679
Tracer brings out some old emotions in her that she's not sure she wants to feel but feels
>>
>>86192483
I imagine this'll only happen to bad tracer players. Good Tracer players will most likely abuse recall around corners to confuse enemies.
>>
no tracer / widowmaker dicks?
>>
>>86192679

Anon, she is just mean right before she suddenly kisses you on the forehead and starts to tenderly caress your crotch saying everything will be alright
>>
Suggestions for improving Thorbjörn so he's not a more boring version of the engineer?
>>
>>86192969
not yet
>>
File: Tracer_Overwatch_003.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Tracer_Overwatch_003.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>86192964
Probably, but it will still be amusing to see.
>>
File: 1415416487217.png (931KB, 1190x520px) Image search: [Google]
1415416487217.png
931KB, 1190x520px
>>86192107
>how does one catch a tracer?
By having sufficiently... BIG... bait.
>>
>>86192964
>I imagine this'll only happen to bad tracer players. Good Tracer players will most likely abuse recall around corners to confuse enemies.
They showed as much in the example game. Tracer jumping off the high ground down to the main fight, firing off her ability and then recalling back to highground. Another time when she was turning corners and came into enemy team and then she recalled back before the corner.

There's a ton of potential for map abuse if you use that ability well.
>>
>>86193294
Now that I think about it some more trying to chase a tracer even a little is going to be suicide because of how easily(in theory) they could pop a recall and spawn right behind you and light up your ass. Which is going to make them even more annoying as hit and run flanking tactics are going to be their bread and butter and this means that if you do get annoyed and decide to try to track em down to kill em you'll be at a severe disadvantage.
>>
>>86193180
His biggest problem seems to be that he's almost immobile. I really don't know what they were thinking when they designed him as OW seems to be built around high paced combat with ton of movement and then they played him and the robut, both of which are so slow it's not funny. He was useless in the soutcasted game untill the very end when he plopped his turret on to the payload, right?
>>
>>86193785
>Which is going to make them even more annoying as hit and run flanking tactics
Tracer has lowest health in the game and gets killed very very easily. She has to be good at something and, as you say, her bread and butter is hit & run + flanking.
>>
>>86193821
we've only seen a highly mobile map, so his viability will depend on the point control maps
>>
>>86193821
How do you even fix this? Bastion can mount onto any surface? Torbjörn can...what?
>>
>>86193821
Maybe he'll be better on capture point maps.

His turret persists through his death, right?

Are there any kind of known damage numbers on his gun? Maybe he can set up a defense turret and then go battle engie
>>
>>86193821
It's still an objective based game. He'll be fine on the defending side and he'll have some potential on the attacking side of payload because of his ability to build turrets on payload giving him mobility where he needs it. I don't mind it if he remains a mostly defensive style character though.
>>
>>86194071
>point control maps
Technically, every payload map is a point control map just where that point moves very very slowly. Which in theory suits him but in practice it doesn't because everyone else is so mobile the actual combat area is spread out far beyond the immediate vicinity of the payload (the slower the classes/combat the smaller the combat area and vice versa) and he can only really impact the defense of the are around payload. He is irrelevant in a 3v3 fight in a tower some distance away even though it may be that fight which decides the flow of the match.
>>
>>86194007
Don't get me wrong i'm not trying to say she'll be op or anything but she's probably going to be the most rage inducing character to play against.

By the way have we settled on what to call the characters in the game? Heroes? champions? Agents? Characters?
>>
>>86194301
>I don't mind it if he remains a mostly defensive style character though.
If he remains that he will be the least popular character, dwarf or not. Knowing Blizzard that means they'll make him OP in the patch after that...

>>86194115
>>86194071
Like I said, OW is extremely mobile game which means large combat area which means he has no impact on most of the combat. And he can still be killed relatively easily by someone like Widowmaker. In fact, she seems to be almost a hard counter to him because she can kill him without ever coming near enough for his turrets to matter.

>>86194102
Maybe something in the style of Blink Dagger? .That item is required item for melee heroes for a reason, Tor absolutely needs some sort of movment skill that lets him teleport maybe while temporarily slowing him down even further after teleporting.
>>
>>86194574
It's heroes. Except Reaper, he's a villain.
>>
>>86194574
>By the way have we settled on what to call the characters in the game? Heroes? champions? Agents? Characters?
I like to call them characters or classes, depending on the context. Just seems to fit the best.

As for Tracer being annoying, I don't know. I fing the guy that can put up a shield that you can't do a thing against far more annoying. I think it's because of how mobile (almost) everyone is and how fast paced it is Tracer feels natural and fun instead of rage inducing.
>>
>>86194805
Lots of them are villains.
>>
>>86195059
yes but reaper is so much of a vilain taht he kiled the oter vilans when he was 13 years old
>>
>>86194574
I call them characters. Agents might be appropriate considering their (former) employers.
>>
>>86194387
on the payload map seeing as he was on hte Offensive side he only had one viable place to put his turret which was one the moving payload. if he was on the Defence them he could have set up a defensive choke point thereby negating the majority of his mobility problems
>>
well the armor drop makes the dwarf a support, its completely and totally inconsistent with his role as a turret manufacturer

I mean anyone can come up with bandaids like carrying the turret on his back with much lower dps, or making it deploy very quickly under certain conditions, but really he needs a complete rethink

bastion is area denial, and symettra is annoying turretspam bitch, so they need to specialize dwarf and curry, one defensive and one offensive, which they've really failed to do

I would prefer that they retain the armor drop on the dwarf, and give him a throwable turret, rendering him purely offensive support

this would make symettra the 'defensive' engineer, which makes more sense for her design, she would need to lose the shield and gain another area denial ability, perhaps a physically impassable barrier or a self buff that makes all her crap have better range, in other words make the teleporter a normal ability and give her a real ultimate
>>
Wish they would do a free to play model and a retail model similar to the ultimate god pack smite did.
>>
>>86195426
If the teleporter was a normal ability Symmetra would be required for every game. You'd just have one sneak forward and drop a portal ASAP so if anyone died they were instantly back in the fight. It would be really, really stupid.
>>
>>86195426
>she would need to lose the shield and gain another area denial ability
Maybe some sort of field that reduces enemy movement by 25%?
>>
or just scrap the porter entirely which is a subversion of the respawn mechanic and not really good design

really everything curry has is 'lets screw up everyone else's fun'

shield makes people mysteriously tanky
turret annoys you randomly
porter makes enemy team omnipresent
>>
>>86196008
The teleporter is basically a variation of the resurrection spell of mercy, I don't really see a problem. If it's a problem they could just increase the meter required to plop it down, I don't think there's anything conceptually wrong with the teleporter at all.
>>
>>86196008
IMO teleporters are basically required in a game like this if there's a payload map that's any size except for small.
>>
>>86196210
Once she first plopped the portal down three or four minutes into the shoutcasted match there was always a portal helping out her team. I think it should either have a limit on it's duration (something reasonable like 4 or 5 minutes) or more time to plot it down or something.

>>86196008
Doesn't the shield require her to be near the character all the time? That's okay to me as she can only be with one out of five characters on her team .
>>
Considering this is 2014 and Blizzard isn't in any way family friendly company (meaning their main customer base is teenagers and young adults) do you think there's a serious chance for a gay romance be canon in OW? Maybe Widow and Tracer or Hanzo and Torbjorn? It hardly seems unlikely does it. How about a futa character?

Speaking of which, how much do you think will they actually work on the story of this game? Normally, stories are very important for Blizzard in all their games and they spend a ton of time world building. Buuut OW is PvP of Titan made into standalone game.
>>
>>86198648
Depends on how deep the lore gets, but yeah, sure
>>
>>86198648
this is blizzard, not bioware
>>
File: dont.png (41KB, 235x236px) Image search: [Google]
dont.png
41KB, 235x236px
>>86198648
>aking for sjw and fetish pandering
>>
did some more thinking, if curry is going to be offense, then the shield is not such bad design, but I think it should be much stronger, but have a limited duration and application.

Fire and forget is fine on robot monk, it fits his hang-back playstyle, but sym strikes me as a very active frontline support, so she needs to think about who she shields each time

Im still against porter because its fucking boring as an ultimate. to fit her design I'd give her a mirror image minion as an ultimate that does everything she does, including set turrets, (doesn't draw on your turret pool but your maximum is the same) applies a double strength shield, and shoots 2 homing beams

if the dwarf is going to be defensive he needs some choices, I'd allow him to apply the armor buff to the turret repeatedly, buffing it to double or triple health eventually, and molten core should do AOE damage in case his turret goes down fast, (or if there is a spy class) another option for him are pallisade contruction (walls that are impassable to runners but still destructible) instead of armor buff
>>
>>86198648
No, while nothing is really stopping them, I doubt they would go out of their way to create such characterization.

We'll probably get "Meet the" videos for every character and maybe a video if a big update ever happens.
>>
>>86198909
>I doubt they would go out of their way to create such characterization.
That's the interesting thing about Overwatch - it used to be a gigantic MMO taking place in near future Earth. Which meant, required really, a ton of lore and characters and chracter devlopmen.

So I'm wondering two things - 1) how much of that lore and world and characters got left over and 2) if there is enough demand for it, will thy start adding some elements of Titan (like character esthetic customization) back to OW, if it proves to be successful eugh.
>>
>>86198882
>I'd give her a mirror image minion as an ultimate that does everything she does, including set turrets, (doesn't draw on your turret pool but your maximum is the same) applies a double strength shield, and shoots 2 homing beams
That sounds broken, to be honest. I'm not against giving her mirrages but make them useless or something, make them abilityless but that they explode if they come sufficiently near an enemy or something.
>>
>>86199438
>character esthetic customization
What the fuck?
>>
>>86199438
Chris Metzen during the panel is that they're planning on implementing lore- it's just that the gameplay and the lore will be seperate. Meaning they could do more stuff like they did in the cinematic and still have a fun fps team battle.
>>
>>86199908

well it doesn't have to be that strong, but it's an ultimate, and all the other ultimates are temporary gamechangers, except maybe ape and dwarf, which are both just weak on damage

so you wouldn't want her ultimate to be weak on damage also...like giving her the thing that half the engineers in TF2 don't even build
>>
>>86199984
>What the fuck?
Customizing how your character looks while keeping them functionally the same. Meaning treating each of the characters (i.e Widowmaker, Tracer, Winston, ...) as classes and not charactes.

As opposed to regular character customization which implies messing with how the character plays as well as how he/she looks.
>>
Bump. You're slipping, /ovg/.
>>
TIME TO REAP *shoots at random directions while walking like retard*
>>
>>86205058
>not wanting to reap like a directionally impaired dust cloud
I'd unironically ironically main him, just for the silly levels of faux darkness, if it weren't for how damn fun blitz teleport time girl looks
>>
Where's my Zenyatta art.

Fucking love his design and he looks fun
>>
>>86195719
that sounds exactly like how team fortress... isn't
there are a ton of maps where teleportation is a requirement, but just as many where it's a complete waste of time. since it's an arena fighter, I expect the maps to be small enough that it'll be pretty minimal either way. Besides, everyone has such fantastic mobility abilities anyways.
>>
all aboard the Trace x Winston ship boat
>>
File: 1399319514966.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1399319514966.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>86206020
nah, no thanks.

let that motherfucker sink.
>>
File: neuid2120R1qetl7po1_1280.png (2MB, 845x1408px) Image search: [Google]
neuid2120R1qetl7po1_1280.png
2MB, 845x1408px
>>86206020
You dub shit. They're more of a father/daughter relationship, not romantic/sexual.

Besides, gorilla dicks are the size of your pinky-finger.

WidowTracer forever.
>>
>>86206020
I'm not sure a gorilla penis, even one scientifically enhanced, is enough for her.

More of a Tracer and Widow fan myself.
>>
File: tumblr_new79svUQF1r935d5o1_1280.jpg (184KB, 540x681px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_new79svUQF1r935d5o1_1280.jpg
184KB, 540x681px
>>86206020
>not knowing that Winston is extremely protective of Tracer
>not knowing Tracer and Winston are besties
>not knowing Winston treats her like an older brother would
>not shipping Tracer & Older!Brian
You are truly shit-tier my brother.
>>
So, how is this game going to work?
Are they going to take the moba route and make ten thousand characters, one at a time?
>>
>>86207514
Not that many, no, but they do have a lot of characters in various stages of planning - they said they wanted to have around two dozen at final release.
>>
>>86207514
god I hope so
it needs something to mix it up, that might as well be the thing
>inb4 Blizzard is making two mobas, this is the second
>>
So Ganassa is doing Overwatch now.
>>
I bet they will make the kid from the trailer a playable character, with the powerglove and all that.
>>
>>86207926
Good, Widowmaker can have her revenge for him fucking up the job.
>>
File: 1415635555648.png (297KB, 1223x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1415635555648.png
297KB, 1223x1920px
>>86207681
>Not that many, no, but they do have a lot of characters in various stages of planning - they said they wanted to have around two dozen at final release.
[citation needed]

From the panels, expecially the press panel it sounded like they had a lot of ideas and wanted to release as many as they could.
>>
File: lucas-wizard-power-glove.jpg (73KB, 866x706px) Image search: [Google]
lucas-wizard-power-glove.jpg
73KB, 866x706px
>>86207926
Will he have a redesign?
>>
>>86207791
Best news I've heard all day
>>
>>86207791
I hope they do Pharah.
>>
>>86207791
Oh shit I didn't realize it was Ganassa until your post. I was wondering why it looked so familiar
>>
>>86206416
>Besides, gorilla dicks are the size of your pinky-finger.
Judging by tracers low hp she is probably super sensitive in her girly bits. You know how every japanese girl in porn sounds like she's being ripped apart when she gets fucked? Tracer is basically that X10. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she choose Winston for his tiny penis.
>>
>>86208053
She needs to restore her expanding ass' honor.
>>
File: 1294271310798.png (5KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
1294271310798.png
5KB, 344x326px
>>86208315
jesus christ
>>
>>86208486
Anon, this game had very detailed lesbian futa pornography mere hours after it was officially announced, and you are shocked by a bit of friendly fanfiction?
>>
File: oh snaps.gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
oh snaps.gif
2MB, 300x168px
>>86207791
oh shit, that was him? oh snaps
>>
>>86207926
>ultimate is Doom Fist's gauntlet
>crazy high damage melee attack

As funny as it would be to see the cast running for their lives from a child, I don't think it'll happen.
>>
>>86208719
Probably because the other anon is suggesting a young twentysomething somehow getting off by being fucked by the cocktail-sausage-sized pecker of a half-ton ape.
>>
File: 1415586700334.jpg (213KB, 775x698px) Image search: [Google]
1415586700334.jpg
213KB, 775x698px
>>86207926
>Blue Hood's kid name is 'Brian' or some variation of that name
Oh lawd, yes.

Brian takes Tracer's 'advice' and becomes a hero, fixes up that old power glove and begins fighting to protect people. Overwatch is eventually reformed and Brian is welcomed into the group as the first new inductee in years. Tracer immediately notices him, and he of course immediately notices her. He's had a crush on her since they first met, and she's now feeling very 'strange' about this new guy who isn't that 15 year old boy she admired so long ago. They fumble around one another, clumsily flirting and being terribly awkward in their attraction to one another.

Tracer and Winston are very close, and Winston immediately knows what's going on. Brian becomes Reinhardt's apprentice, and Brian and he become very close (as Brian didn't have a dad and was charged with raising his little brother while his mother worked to support them). Reinhardt is also quick to notice that his apprentice and the quirky Brit have something together.
>>
>>86208923
It'd be even funnier if the animation for the kid made it look like he had absolutely no control over the movement of the glove and was just as scared as everybody else.
>>
>>86209138
What if I instead proposed my other idea of Tracer X Winston but instead of Winston fucking her Tracer is the pegging him with a strap on and sanic speed?

Would that make you feel better?
>>
File: 1304026100468.png (59KB, 455x451px) Image search: [Google]
1304026100468.png
59KB, 455x451px
>>86209338
no, no it wouldn't
>>
File: 1415681410870.jpg (1015KB, 1272x1815px) Image search: [Google]
1415681410870.jpg
1015KB, 1272x1815px
>>86209140
>>86206707
>Tracer x Older!Brian
I can dig that. I really hope blizz brings the kid back now.
>>
>>86200709
>>86199984
Selling useless hats is much easier to balance than selling weapons. Someone somewhere may wind about a weapon being OP but nobody ever quit a F2P game just because they got killed by someone wearing an unusual
>>
>>86209140
>/ss/ shipping where the feelings are mutual
>canon
As much as I would be interested in seeing that, it'd probably never happen. The best we'd get is a crush and Tracer letting him down easy. God, why must all my hopes and dreams die.
>>
>>86209457
What if I proposed my third idea of I don't actually have any other ideas but I had you going there for a second didn't I?
>>
>>86209635
>Nobody ever reads posts
I'm pretty sure that little story has that kid being older bruh.

I like /ss/ same as anyone, but I don't think anyone is writing a romantic /ss/ story.
>>
File: 1290334607869.jpg (45KB, 299x256px) Image search: [Google]
1290334607869.jpg
45KB, 299x256px
>pairings
c'mon guys
>>
>>86209882
It was inevitable, anon. Once you put "General" in the subject field it has to happen.
>>
>>86181370
>Blizzard
>Shooter
Blizzard hit big with a fucking ONLINE CARD GAME. This will do "good business" at worst, anon.
>>
>>86208923
Well, they could make it so that, after it broke down, it was never quite as powerful as it used to be.
>>
>>86209882
>>86209972
We could have at least waited until the game was in beta...
>>
>>86210068
Really blizzard could sell ice to Russians at this point and people would know it was was stupid but praise them anyway.
>>
>>86210207
love waits for no one.
>>
>>86210207
That's what i've been saying about these generals in general, but whatever. At least it ain't /d/ porn.

Some of the writefriends on here write good shit too, and if it leads to something that will entertain me for an hour or so i'm on board.
>>
File: 1341090976755.gif (190KB, 180x130px) Image search: [Google]
1341090976755.gif
190KB, 180x130px
>>86206707
>>86209140
>>86209559
>When he turned 18, Tracer Would be 29
I could roll with that.

Plus I like those "i've wanted this for years" type of things.
>>
>>86210574
admit it anon, you love the shipping shit.
>>
>>86210141
Eh, I kind of like the idea of it being his ultimate.
If it was his primary weapon that'd make him melee only and it would be a little weird to have a kid on a battlefield running around trying to punch enemies.
It could be a skill, but then it kind of loses some of the impact. It could be a pretty good damage skill, and still be his ultimate though.
Something like it being a charging attack as a skill and huge AoE as an ultimate.
>>
>>86210574
writefags are a grey area for me

it's alright after 1 or 2 fics before they start to fan the autism flames
>>
>>86210971
Not him but he's still right. Even if it's an ultimate you can't make it as powerful as they were making it sound like in the trailer. I mean one of the kids said it can take down a sky scraper.
>>
>>86209140
>Reinhardt living to be much older than he is already.
We can only hope... But with his lifestyle...
>>
>>86210971
What if, apart from allowing you to punch the crap out of people as a kid, it could have a ranged combat functionality, and work like a mega buster, but that shoots beams/bolts from it's fingers.

doom finger guns.
>>
File: 1403488594338.gif (566KB, 200x136px) Image search: [Google]
1403488594338.gif
566KB, 200x136px
I hope we get to see inside Reinhardt's armor only to reveal that it's some skinny dude.
>>
Why would that kid ever be a playable character? The item he used was an artifact used in a exhibit.
>>
>>86211552
>old as balls German guy

well yeah
>>
>>86211593
fan wankery
>>
>>86211593
A powerful artifact that was important enough for someone to attempt to steal.
>>
>>86211593
because the game is sure to have many more characters that the few ones we already know about, and it'd be a smart move from them to try and use a character fans already know about to hype them. and it'd add to the variety: brawler boy, female scout, deviantart-ass sniper, XXlordsepphirothofdeathdarknesstime2reapXX, cyborg gorilla grodd, etc.
>>
>>86211552
I'm telling you man, it better be five lolis in there.
>>
File: 1330492083506.jpg (26KB, 318x353px) Image search: [Google]
1330492083506.jpg
26KB, 318x353px
>>86211593
I don't understand how those two things relate to each other. Why would the fact that the kid used an artifact prevent him from being playable? The kid ain't gonna be playable because it's a stretch at best to assume they'll go back to that in another cinematic. Not because dude used a certain item.

Your post is shitty bruh.
>>
>>86211282
It clearly wouldn't be that powerful. Heck, it wasn't even that powerful in the trailer.
The thing got busted to shit from punching a girl.
Either Doom Fist was amping it up somehow or it was in a heavy state of disrepair.

>>86211376
That's actually fairly plausible. The primary attack being an arm cannon that shoots lemons sounds nice.
Heck, you could even make his whole skillset revolve around the thing if you wanted.
Charging fist attack, punching the ground to do a super jump, rocket fist, punching the ground for a huge AoE, etc.

My only concern would be his design if he was playable, not sure how good he'd look in anything but a hoodie.
Maybe they could get him a really high-tech hoodie.
>>
>>86212007
and you want something like that to be entrusted to a kid? nah
this idea just seems like something to partly satisfy the /ss/fags who are about as deluded as the futafags at this point
>>
>>86211593

I don't want the kid to be playable because I don't want him to have to fight Tracer.
>>
>>86212082
It's not logical for a 14 yr old boy to join a merc team. Besides I wouldn't imagine putting a kid in gunfire and adding a dying animation.
>>
>>86212237
he'd probably wear some standard combat gear, but with his regular hoodie on top of it.
>>
File: 1415407629848.jpg (2MB, 3840x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1415407629848.jpg
2MB, 3840x1600px
>>86211593
Tracer's "the world could always use more heroes" and the look on the kid's face are what get me going. I think it'd be cool to develop a character like that.

I'm already hoping Blizzard goes the Valve route with Overwatch and keeps up with the machinima type videos and the comics (Meet X, and all that other shit Valve does). I feel like that type of shit has kept me playing TF2 for a lot longer than I would have without it.
>>
>>86212172
He's not trained for combat.
He has no artifact to compete with the others.
And Im pretty sure he has to be 18 to join the fight.
Use logic behind your posts, not insults
>>
>>86212372
They can just say that he is resting.
>>
>>86212372
Are there any death animations? I thought they just ragdolled.

>>86212425
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.
>>
>>86212372
>Besides I wouldn't imagine putting a kid in gunfire and adding a dying animation
certainly would make widowmaker happy though
>>
>>86212372
He could pilot a drone or something. You control the drone and the kids just out of combat.
>>
please let ninja sword man be super mobile like l4d hunter instead of being invisible because invisibility is such a shitty mechanic for pub and comp

also not liking how ultimate centric the game is but i suppose you have to have something to break through chokepoints and make plays a la ubers
>>
>>86212521
He would obviously train you idiot. So much for using logic.
>>
>>86212661
>>86212626
>>86212553
>>86212542
you all are coming up with ridiculous ideas, just for justification for some /ss/ shipping
>>
>>86212370
>Implying he won't become part of Tracer skin.
>She is wearing his hoody instead of her flight jacket
>At the start of the match she calls him and says this will be over in no time and she'll be back in a jif.
>Every few times she get damaged he calls her and asks if she is doing okay.
>At death he screams he is on his way and to hold on one more second
>Her ultimate is changed To her saying, "Luv could use you big strong hand." He drops from the sky and ground punches with the power glove instead of her normal power bomb, then runs away says to call him if she needs any more help.
>>
>>86212783
what the fuck does shipping have to do with widowmaker cold-bloodily murdering a 15 year old kid? fuck off, autist.
>>
>>86212626
He looked so pissed at the end of the fight, like "god damn it , i should have shoot that fucking kid at the very start". I really hope there is some kind of rival voice quotes on this game.
>>
>>86212783
>ridiculous ideas
>In a game with a fucking enraged intelligent gorilla in a exosuit and a robot monk.
>>
>>86209635
that webm got dark
>>
>>86212783
You don't know what you are even complaining about at this point, do you?
>>
>>86212924
>implying those are ridiculous ideas
>>
File: Invisiblessed.jpg (85KB, 1049x692px) Image search: [Google]
Invisiblessed.jpg
85KB, 1049x692px
>>86212675
>ninja sword guy
>not going invisible

I secretly wish he was another tank character somehow.

>>86212783
I don't even like /ss/, I'm just bored and thinking up mechanics for a kid with a power gauntlet.
>>
>>86212679
So they would have to use time travel or time skipping for him to join? You haven't argued anyother of my points? Training is the reason why he wouldn't be a playable character.
>>
Wow, awesome! Its just like tf2, except I get to pay for it and the classes will never be even remotely balanced!

Good luck to Blizzard, I hope they clean up on their future micro transactions!
>>
>>86212986
It's perfect for what happens every time I want to be happy.
>>
>>86213056
i hope they add a TENNO to the game, that would be fun.
>>
File: 1371265429089.jpg (170KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
1371265429089.jpg
170KB, 740x740px
>>86212870
Good lord man. That's kinda kawaii.
>>
>>86212521
>has to be 18 to join the fight
nigger overwatch was disbanded. There's no specific organization he would have to apply for to get into the fray.
Here's my idea. Brain is super wanting SS but tracer is all about that tiny gorilla dick so she tells the cheeky cunt to mind himself. He ignores her warnings and goes for some boob action and accidently tampers with her chrono tech aging him a solid 48 years older than he currently is. When the dust is settled he joins the fight as Liam fucking Neeson with the artifact in hand.
>>
>>86213067
They can easily use the same argument they use in tf2, saying that each map, and scenario takes place in a different year, even though the characters look exactly the same.
>>
File: not bad.jpg (15KB, 352x329px) Image search: [Google]
not bad.jpg
15KB, 352x329px
>>86213305
>>
I think the two kids were just victims of circumstance.

>just another day
>fight breaks out
>see good and bad dish it out while showing off some of their abilities
>they vamoose as soon as it's over

I'd say some of ya'll are overthinking this or trying too hard to make something come from it, but that's just me
>>
>>86212890
I'm pretty sure you are confused right now.
>>86212924
Planet of the apes, and every other sci-fi movie
>>86213023
The point I am trying to make is to not put kids in a war-like setting.
>>
>>86213157
What's the matter, anon, are you afraid that a game might manage to finally kill the "undying" mutation tf2 has turned into?
games don't need to be rivals, you know?
>>
>>86213305
That would actually be hilarious.
But only if he and Cowboy Bebop high five all the time and make action movie one-liners with eachother.
>>
>>86213056
yeah i'm probably hoping for too much but man invis sucks so much as a mechanic since it looks like these maps look super chokepointy and non shitters don't really fall for inviso bullshit

it'd be fucking amazing if he was an evasion tank, dodging stuff and keeping attention on himself by being a mobile nuisance though
>>
>>86213503
>rip off an original game
>expect the rip off to kill the original

hahahhahahahahahahahhahaa ok bud

this game will kill tf2 like all those minecraft rip-offs killed minecraft
>>
>>86213157
I prefer classes to random bullshit weaponery. At least you know what you are against.

No more : Top kek! This pyro actually had a weapon that inflict more damage underwater!

Its easier to balance and less random.

Also, TF2 is dying/dead. Some weapons/ideas are just plain ridiculous and completly useless. With a class system, we can see some change and new ideas. Im going to miss market gardenning though.
>>
>>86213440
ofcourse they are, blizzard intentionally made it to cause this kind of reaction.
>>
>>86213440
Also valid points to consider.
>>86213305
>>86213359
I can see you guys are just having fun. So I'm going to drop the point.
>>
>>86213776
>rip off an original game
>expect the rip off to kill the original

hahahhahahahahahahahhahaa ok bud

this game will kill tf2 like all those doom clones killed doom.
>>
/tf2g/ is still mad? Let it go already.
>>
>>86213752
At least there's no pyro, yet.
>>
>>86213776
You are right, tf2 is already doing a pretty good job at killing himself, with the highlight of this year being bumper cars.
>>
>>86213776
>Ripping off
>Looks to have a very different system
>Much better cast
>Not that time really matters but tf2 is old as dirt

It would do pretty well even if it wasn't blizzard just because there is only one real competitor and that one hasn't really done anything new sense it went "lol robots"
>>
>>86213752
If he had a counter system like pyro blast that would be balls. Like you swing at the right time and it send projectiles flying back à la lightsabers.
>>
>>86212870

I'd buy this skin.
>>
ok, give me three (3) reasons why I should drop my current class-based fps objective game for this one
>>
>>86214303
you don't need to drop whichever other games you play. contrary to popular belief, you can play mor that one game without combusting spontaneously.
>>
>>86214446
couldn't think of 3 reasons huh
>>
>>86214303
you mean your war-themed hat simulator, right
>>
>>86214560
You are trying too hard to hate it, but we both know you like it or are atleast interested enough, or you wouldn't be here in the first place. You are just showing that they devs did well with this game.
>>
File: swine.gif (2MB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
swine.gif
2MB, 230x173px
>>86214303
why should i care about your preferences- stick to your game or don't.
>>
>>86213954
going to have to deal with stray rocket shots, degenerate dwarven + black slut turrets, bastion, random charges, and gorilla gun is probably going to "short out" his invisibility

invis mechanics are usually butchered to prevent "nofun" situations just give me fucking wallrunning + walljumping please blizzard

>>86214159
being able to deflect stuff would be awesome but i'd be worried about the lag situation, combined with high mobility though i can see that being amazing
>>
can you guys really not come up with 3 unique aspects of this game? its not very many

If you really can't, then expect this game to die faster than TOR and TESO combined

definitely won't be around in 7 years thats for sure
>>
>>86215193
but tf2 hasn't been around for 7 years, only a rotting corpse moved with a few strings remains.
>>
>get a phonecall from tracer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyUBuCfg5vA
>>
File: just stop.png (32KB, 240x191px) Image search: [Google]
just stop.png
32KB, 240x191px
>>86215193
>>
>>86215303
well comp tf2 is still going in both euroland and america land with LAN events, can't really say that for a lot of other games. obviously it's nowhere as huge as the main esports games but it's still there and still chuggin along years later
>>
File: grinding fever.webm (3MB, 385x187px)
grinding fever.webm
3MB, 385x187px
>>86215391
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyUBuCfg5vA [Remove]
>>
File: lmfao_.png (19KB, 618x282px) Image search: [Google]
lmfao_.png
19KB, 618x282px
>>86215303
>
>>
File: widowmaker-300.jpg (59KB, 831x469px) Image search: [Google]
widowmaker-300.jpg
59KB, 831x469px
Goddamn it, is such a cold-blooded killer's surprised expressions so cute?
>>
>>86215889
why is*
time for bed...
>>
>>86215578
Now that think on it, I would like to see Tracer's dash ability made to be more versatile, as in not limited to horizontal dashes. It would be cool to dash vertically, air dash or ricochet off a side building to reach an elevated platform - you'd have to be more mindful of how many times you dash though but I'm okay with that.
>>
>>86213776
Well it worked for LoL didn't it?
>>
>>86216369
Dota isn't dead

or original
>>
>>86215889

Because she's a good person at heart.

You can still save her, anon.
>>
>>86216154
While it would be cool I don't agree. Tracer could easily be insanely powerful as is with just the horizontal movement. If the game gets released and it turns out she needs some serious love then I could see it but until then she already seems damn good.
>>
File: phara.jpg (8KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
phara.jpg
8KB, 299x168px
>>86181234
>holy shit that cinematic

also

>all these fags drooling over tracer
>she's literally just pixie dream girl #38795
>Not drooling over disciplined, beautiful robo-Cleopatra
>>
>>86216797
To much futafagging on your Egyptian queen, she might as well have a penis in canon by now.
You can have her, but all the porn is dick girls.
>>
>>86217021
All the porn of her, almost all of it save for a couple is pussy, if anything she's even more canon female than she is futa.
>>
>>86217021
eh more of her glorious brown pussy for me

theres a good amount of futa for tracer too man... for alot of the women in this gamecome to think of it

in conclusion, we're all gay
>>
>>86216789
I suppose so. I just admire how versatile she was in the cinematic.

>>86216797
What if I like both Tracer and Pharah?
>>
>>86216797
The best thing about her is that after she salutes she holds the position but her eyes shift around wondering if she can drop the "tough army gal" shit. That one act gives her more character then cut and paste pixie genki girl #38795.
>>
File: widowmaker-59.jpg (89KB, 1280x530px) Image search: [Google]
widowmaker-59.jpg
89KB, 1280x530px
>>86216731
I think she may be too far gone, but hey, still too cute for an assassin.
>>
File: 1318538033547.jpg (92KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
1318538033547.jpg
92KB, 425x425px
>>86206707
>>86209140
>>86211376
>>86212237
>>86212443
>>86212870
Well goddamn /owg/, I got my shipping, my new characters, mew skins, and gameplay ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPlF-IEkXQ
>>
>>86217204
>liking 2 chicks at the same time

DISGUSTING
>>
>>86217173
don't think I've seen futa Mercy or Symmetra
hardlight strapons don't count
>>
>>86217237
>>86216797
I usually hate the manic pixie dream girl shit, but I like Tracer

>>86217173
>in conclusion, we're all gay
Not with all the impotent rage futa inspires in me
>>
>>86212870
you're a faggot

that's adorable, i'm a faggot too
>>
>>86217395
Expect futa Mercy when that picture of her and Pharah gangbanging Tracer is done.
>>
I miss enigma
>>
>>86217204
She'll be extremely versatile as is imo. Her ult is insanely abusable and her triple dash will likely be very good.
>>
So we're just in this for futa waifus.
>>
>>86218372
not i
>>
>>86218372
yep
>>
>>86218372
no
>>
>>86218372
I'm open to both vanilla and deviance - just depends on how well it fits
>>
>>86218372
Futa is for faggots anon

Faggots who tried their damnedest to ruin draenei
>>
>>86218372
of course

who is actually going to play this game?
>>
>>86218372
I'm here for the /ss/.
>>
>>86218372
I just love my nice, fit female asses.
>>
>>86218372
Please don't encourage shitting up this thread. I have hope for a general that actually talks about the game instead of how many dicks we can put on females.
>>
>>86219589
>only just been announced
>beta isn't even up yet

waifufags are you're only chance, friend
>>
Some of these designs seem a lot like Firefall's. Did people from Red 5's art department jump ship back to Blizzard or something?
>>
>>86219589
you're right.

so anon, who are you most excited to play? I for one am excited for Phara and Reinhardt
>>
>>86219765
Phara , Hanzo, and Mercy are some of the ones I am interested in playing.
>>
>>86220037
Hanzo seemed a little too boring for me, all his attacks are basically just shooting stuff. eh just not my thing I guess.

also anyone else get a "the hatred" vibe from reaper?
>>
>>86220150
Hanzo looks like he's in the wrong game
>>
>>86219589
/ddg/ seemed pretty decent
>>
>>86220269
he looks exactly like mitsrugi from soulcalibur
>>
Are they planning a console release at all?
>>
>>86221090
>consolefagging
>2012+2
>>
File: LG.png (151KB, 1815x507px) Image search: [Google]
LG.png
151KB, 1815x507px
I really liked this shit, best thread in a long time. If anyone else wants it.
>>
File: 1414213811649.jpg (92KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1414213811649.jpg
92KB, 500x600px
>>86213305
>>
File: Nothin at all.jpg (90KB, 1128x900px) Image search: [Google]
Nothin at all.jpg
90KB, 1128x900px
>>
>>86223441
The pixels are real.
>>
>>86215889

She's got a cute face. Especially when she's searching for the missing glove.
>>
I love Tracer's sweet booty, but god damn that voice is grating.
>>
File: widowmaker-89.jpg (97KB, 1277x533px) Image search: [Google]
widowmaker-89.jpg
97KB, 1277x533px
>>86223618
She certainly does. I have no idea what that tattoo on her arm means. Also, dat ass.
>>
>>86224192
tattoo says "cauchemar" which is french for nightmare
>>
>>86224192
French for nightmare or incubus
>>
winston true husbando
>>
>>86224192
>just having the word slapped on your arm like that
what the fuck
>>
>>86224548
lorewise it's likely not of her own accord, probably slapped on there by that organization that brainwashed her.
>>
File: OW290_Winston.jpg (2MB, 3840x1600px) Image search: [Google]
OW290_Winston.jpg
2MB, 3840x1600px
>>86224505
>>
>>86224605
it still looks awful. who the fuck thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>86224643
*adjusts spectacles*

>>86224651
Metzen, probably. Dude's got a pretty obvious corruption fetish
>>
>>86224706
i'm all down for that shit, widowmaker getting redeemed or something (or tracer getting brainwashed) would be dope as fuck.
>>
File: grinch dong.png (290KB, 343x432px) Image search: [Google]
grinch dong.png
290KB, 343x432px
>>86224818
>tracer getting brainwashed
Holy shit, annoying AND evil? Fund it now.
>>
>>86224505
Winston is a true bro.
>>
>>86224505
oh yeah you want that small gorilla dick don't you?
>>
>>86224818
>>86224936

>Tracer getting brainwashed

You mean Reaper?
>>
>>86226276
No they mean Tra-
Ohhhhhhhh
>>
File: Slowasfuck.png (405KB, 1917x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Slowasfuck.png
405KB, 1917x1079px
I draw so slow. But it's coming together, I suppose.
>>
>Mercy fapfic almost up to 600 views

Based Mercy Bros know what's good.
>>
>>86181370
The entire old-tf2fag community probably.
>>
>>86226715
which mercy fapfic are we talking about again
>>
>>86226892
The assjob one.
>>
>>86227051
The what one? Post.
>>
>>86227185
http://pastebin.com/PUqd80G6
>>
File: 1347028867037.jpg (3KB, 120x126px) Image search: [Google]
1347028867037.jpg
3KB, 120x126px
>>86227287
Damn, I actually got hard.
>>
File: Is this Tracer.jpg (1MB, 1809x2385px) Image search: [Google]
Is this Tracer.jpg
1MB, 1809x2385px
Tracer confirmed in our timestream.
>>
>>86182292
"We could potentially have 7 golden years of overwatch before they implement bumper cars"
>>
>>86228161
holy shit
>>
>>86228161
That's not Tracer, that's some girl.
>>
>>86228161
The freckles prove it.
>>
>>86226715
mercyfags are pretty vocal, huh
>>
>>86229928
MEANWHILE IN TRACERFAGVILLE
>>
>>86230035
Tracer is love

Tracer is life
>>
>>86230035
I don't have anything against others who like different characters, but at the same time, I don't go on about "_ is best" or "people who like _ have superior taste." I see comments like that more for Mercy's fans than others. Sure there seem to be a lot of Tracer fans, but I don't see them going on with the same nonsense that Mercy's fans do. Tracer fans like who they like and they express it. Mercy fans like who they like and they try to degrade others.
>>
File: imagine.jpg (24KB, 208x202px) Image search: [Google]
imagine.jpg
24KB, 208x202px
>>86230606
guys
what if
overwatch doujin
by hirame
>>
File: 1415577514069.png (83KB, 562x473px) Image search: [Google]
1415577514069.png
83KB, 562x473px
>>86218372
No i'm in it for the husbandos
>>
File: Nutted But She Still Suckin.jpg (77KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Nutted But She Still Suckin.jpg
77KB, 500x667px
>>86227287

oh muh goodness...
>>
bump for the night
>>
>>86230880
TELL ME ABOUT REAPER
WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK
>>
File: those hips.png (588KB, 1000x850px) Image search: [Google]
those hips.png
588KB, 1000x850px
>>86231205
he's a edgy guy
>>
>>86231205
>>86231368
>that fic of reaper raping widowmaker but then it became willing
>>
File: 1395171146654.jpg (24KB, 549x471px) Image search: [Google]
1395171146654.jpg
24KB, 549x471px
>>86231615
i'm going to have to ask for a link
>>
>>86232046
http://pastebin.com/zhAJrLxG
>>
File: wip.gif (260KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wip.gif
260KB, 640x360px
>sexualizing the overwatches
>>
>>86232256
thanks
>>
File: totallynotbara.jpg (366KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
totallynotbara.jpg
366KB, 700x700px
>>
>>86232361
They sexualize themselves
>>
>>86232361
>Actually liking the characters
>Check this general for more leaks
>Its 70% waifus and 30% fap fiction.
>I'm now adicted
Fuck you guys
>>
File: tumblr_nexunxUO4R1u3w20do1_1280.jpg (449KB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nexunxUO4R1u3w20do1_1280.jpg
449KB, 764x1080px
>>86232826
Well Widow does at least.
>>
>>86234461
Why are the snipers, Widow and Hanzo, by far the sluttiest whores?
>>
>>86234452
>checking generals for anything
you dun goofed
>>
>>86234461
>that right hand

fukken hideous

then again its not the worst gun I've seen drawn
>>
>>86234461
I like the fact that she's holding jarate.

That nasty blue bitch can cover me in her piss any day, pour it on me baby, make it rain like fucking Pharah!

Ahem, that's nasty.
>>
anyone playing WoD?
>>
>>86234546
they're the most sexually frustrated
>>
>>86235234
What servers? they all died
>>
>>86235371
aggramar- its back up and running smoothly now
>>
>>86235468
All my friends picked up the expansion
And now they all are sleepless,waiting for server to comeback
>>
>>86234838
It is pretty fucked up now that you mention it.
>>
>>86235703
server crashes are a nuisance
>>
>2015
>Implying people won't make montages of 2kat guy with YEAAAH THIS IS WHAT NATURE PLAAINED blasting in the background
>>
>>86209140
>blue hood kid becomes hero
>younger brother becomes villain using power glove
>broken arm in cast is symbolic foreshadowing
>>
>15 characters
>6 slots
they have no idea what they're doing holy shit
I hope all goes well but i'm watching this train go straight down the canyon and there are no brakes
>>
>>86236937
This isn't a moba, apparently characters can be switched mid match.
>>
>>86236937
I don't get it.
Do you think there's too many characters or not enough?
>>
>>86236976
>this game won't be multiplayer
>this game won't be online
>this game won't involve battles taking place in arenas

MOBA is such a generic term for such a specific genre
>>
>>86236976
You still have only 6 players, and synergies don't just grow on trees
you can't go with the RPS philosophy here, especially with the mechanics introduced by the videos
>>86237024
You have too many characters or too few slots, pick yer poison
Even with bans and shit, it will limit the amount of mechanics and force the gameplay to go very few ways
Especially with the abilities showcased in the gameplay trailer, that AoE bullshit will be the end for the game
>>
>>86237118
>Bans
You wot
>>
>>86237153
Without bans you will have no way to prevent people from going the cookie cutter way of life and have the same matches over and over with the same characters facing off the same way all the time
It is mitigated by the number of characters, but it's still going to be an AoE fest
>>
>>86237258
I don't think we'll be seeing character bans in a game like this. Maybe in a competitive scene where they make up their own kinds of rules but as a game feature? Nah.
>>
>>86237341
I could see it down the line when they add a bunch more heroes if they implement a ranked ladder. But the default for fun mode obviously won't. Not even Dota2 or LoL does.
>>
>>86237258
I think it's a bit early to start calling it. For all we know certain heroes are better on certain maps and you get hero variety through that. Also they want to keep adding more heroes instead of new stuff for existing heroes so even if their is an established cookie cutter hero build for each map it'll most likely get shaken up every time there's a new content patch.

Also having cookie cutter builds isn't the end of the world if the gameplay still works. Take a look at csgo where if you can afford it it's all ak47 on terrorist side with 1 AWP and on counter terrorist side is all m4a1(4) and 1 AWP. It's cookie cutter as hell but the game is still fun.
>>
>>86237496
>But the default for fun mode
>6 players locked by default
expect some bland shit map designs
>>
>>86228161
>britbong girl with short hair and hazel eyes
welcome to london
>>
While the game is only 6v6 and Blizzard intend to implement many heroes remember that you can change your hero in game any time you aren't in 'combat'

It's not like Dota where you're locked to your hero for the entirety of a game

So you'll need to play a range of heroes and switch on the fly depending on what objectives need attacking/defending and to counter enemy compositions.
>>
>>86238398
>on the fly
there's some abuse potential in this, hope it's just "go back to spawn to change characters"
>>
>>86238819
I'm unclear on the actual mechanic this is just what people who played at Blizzcon have indicated.

But yeah being a character like Hanzo or Widow, getting into a unique position, then switching to Torj and planting turrets where he wouldn't normally be able to reach would be abusive.
>>
>>86238929
if its anything like TF2, when you switch characters you end up back at the spawn
>>
>>86239016
That sounds like the most reasonable solution.
>>
feel like drawing some OW art - any sfw suggestions?
>>
>>86239681
I'd like some Pharah, just relaxing, or maybe Mercy in casual wear, kind of like the TF2 doctor.

Something like that.
>>
>>86239718
alrighty, pharah sounds good
>>
>>86239681
>>86239718

What about Pharah awkwardly attempting to deal with non-military situations?
>>
>>86239681
Winston giving Bastion proper maintenance.
>>
>>86239793
No way, that's nerd stuff, Pharah is cool and normal and not a basement case.
>>
FINALLY FINISHED MY GARRISON

FUCK
>>
>>86239681
draw the unreleased samurai curiously watching bastion turn into his turret form, and then have him strain himself, bastion looking at him in confusion, and then poofing into an xbox
>>
>>86240112

I'm not saying she's a basement case. I'm just saying she grew up in a military family and enlisted at a young age. She's probably very military-minded.
>>
>>86240210
Do most military people not know how to interact with another human without being awkward? I'm pretty sure most are just fine, especially ones that are a mercenary.
>>
>>86240351

Having a number of friends who are ex-military I'd have to say that yes, sometimes they are incredibly socially unaware or military-minded in real life. But for the sake of a funny/cute story it might be fun to play it up a bit.
>>
>>86239681
Tracer and Pharah conversing wearing casual attire. Still have to have the chronal accelerator device to stabilize Tracer, though.
>>
>>86228161
3DPD
>>
>>86238267

Is it really that common? Maybe I'll have to move to London to find a wife.
>>
File: B2UKYyVIEAEUEs_.jpg (12KB, 400x418px) Image search: [Google]
B2UKYyVIEAEUEs_.jpg
12KB, 400x418px
>>
File: tumblr_neynv6gf6C1ry0uppo2_1280.png (274KB, 540x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neynv6gf6C1ry0uppo2_1280.png
274KB, 540x500px
oh my
>>
File: can you help me with this.jpg (528KB, 1200x1525px) Image search: [Google]
can you help me with this.jpg
528KB, 1200x1525px
>>86239718
>>
>>86242404
is there a full pic?
>>
>>86242404
>Tracer rule 63
>>
File: 1406008306107.gif (1MB, 637x359px) Image search: [Google]
1406008306107.gif
1MB, 637x359px
>>86242404
>>86242548
>>
>>86242404
Writing a story for this now.

Expect it within the hour
>>
>>86242548
The bend in Mercy's back seems beyond even blizzard proportions. That's the only thing distracting me from how pretty this is otherwise.
>>
>>86207926
>>
>>86212521
>And Im pretty sure he has to be 18 to join the fight.
You've never watched anime have you?
>>
>>86242964
I had JUST typed "overwatch" into Deviantart's search box, saw that, and was about to post it.

Falling back on this one instead, I guess.
>>
>>86212521
He's already shown the Power glove works when he uses it. It's better off being used than in a museum if Overwatch is reformed.
>>
>>86242548
That's amazing, the tattoo is on the wrong eye, but otherwise it's great.~
>>
>>86198769
>this is blizzard, not bioware
>implying you wouldn't rejoice with the rest of us if Widowmaker x Tracer became canon
>>
File: B2PapTKCMAAZrHe.jpg (44KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
B2PapTKCMAAZrHe.jpg
44KB, 495x700px
>>
File: take2.jpg (632KB, 1500x1646px) Image search: [Google]
take2.jpg
632KB, 1500x1646px
>>86242846
>>86243176
adjustered
>>
>>86243343
Great :D
>>
>>86212443
>Tracer's "the world could always use more heroes"
That line was left over from when Titan was an MMO.
>>
>>86243343
Perfect!
>>
>>86243561
everything is left over from Wildstar 2.0

Blizz realized that MMO's are a dead genre and decided to scrape up what they could and mash it into a game that has easy upkeep and low overhead.
>>
>>86215889
>my little killer can't be this cute
>>
File: tumblr_neuva7561o1qljelxo1_1280.jpg (177KB, 776x823px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neuva7561o1qljelxo1_1280.jpg
177KB, 776x823px
>>
So.

How's Gigantic?
>>
>>86243343
need more dicks
>>
>>86243343
>>86243145
>>86242548
thank you
>>
File: tumblr_neoszrpX251tcx07yo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neoszrpX251tcx07yo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x280px
y'all niggas need Mercy
>>
>>86243754
OH GOD, 10/10 NIGGA
>>
I know this seems like a dumb question, but should this story about Widowmaker hunting Tracer be lewd or just romantic/flirty?
>>
File: tb.jpg (411KB, 1920x749px) Image search: [Google]
tb.jpg
411KB, 1920x749px
>>86243754
>>
File: tumblr_nepx8hqtEh1rsc9k9o1_500.jpg (52KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nepx8hqtEh1rsc9k9o1_500.jpg
52KB, 500x489px
>>86244201
romantically lewd
>>
>>86243681
>Blizz realized that MMO's are a dead genre and decided to scrape up what they could and mash it into a game that has easy upkeep and low overhead.
Apparently they couldn't make it work even after seven years and the PvP aspect was amazing so they scrapped everything and made Overwatch.

Here's an interesting thought - was Titan's real name Overwatch all along or was that a name only for the PvP aspect of Titan or was that name made up after they decided to focus only on PvP?
>>
>>86242404
10/10 more like this, please.

Romantic/cute with lewd ending.
>>
>>86244246
How come no one has drawn Mercy in the Doctor's outfit? She'd look fucking adorable.
>>
>>86242964
you know, this game makes me think a lot of pixar mixed with dreamworks.
>>
So is Diablo 3, at it's current state fun?
>>
>>86245308
I got it for PS4 and I think its fun.
>>
>>86245446
>]PS4

pleb
>>
>>86245492
What are you? An Xbox nerd?
>>
>>86244665
Mercy would probably do well in the Fifth Doctor's clothes.

But yeah, pretty much any of them in the TF2 costumes could work out.
>>
>>86245535
no but diablo belongs on pc
>>
>>86245603
Eh, console version of D3 is legit fun. Up untill recently it was arguably more fun than the PC version.

Also, D1 released on PS1 back in the 90s.
>>
>>86244246

now i need a heavy and Rienheart switch up.
>>
>>86245603
Diablo, warcraft 2 and starcraft all had ps1 releases, and they were quite playable.
>>
File: WatchmenHoodedJustice.jpg (71KB, 634x320px) Image search: [Google]
WatchmenHoodedJustice.jpg
71KB, 634x320px
Reinhardt is probably some kind of sexual deviant.

1) He is German

2) He lives in his suit and his job is his obsession, he has no social life outside it, no wife, no children or grand children, and is unable to adjust to normal life or relate to normal people

He is either a homosexual, a child molester, or has sadomasochististic tendencies.
>>
File: 1415738971566.jpg (173KB, 1280x1147px) Image search: [Google]
1415738971566.jpg
173KB, 1280x1147px
Who /enlightened/ here?
>>
>>86245603
Don't be a cunt, everyone knows you should support everyone but Microsoft and EA.
>>
>>86249298
And Hirez.
>>
>>86249298
>Ubisoft not there
>EA and MS
I've been rused by an epic ruseman xDDD
>>
File: Pickle.png (316KB, 429x411px) Image search: [Google]
Pickle.png
316KB, 429x411px
Every time I rewatching Tracer story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjzhX9ZfV2s

I see this little shit narrating instead of her. This game is awful and this NPC was beyond awful. Help. How can I unhear it?
>>
>>86230823
Oh god yes please
>>
>>86249558
Yeah, I forgot, Ubisoft is kinda shit too, but then again, it didn't make Assassins Creed a Xbox Exclusive, so I can't hate them too much. Rogue was meh, but Unity is actually okay.
>>
do we have any information about how servers will work and how p2w is this game going to be?
>>
>>86249298
You shouldn't support anyone that doesn't deserve it and you should be automatically suspicious and cynical about companies. Because that's what smart consumers do - idiots buy all the shit/
>>
File: image (1).webm (613KB, 766x420px)
image (1).webm
613KB, 766x420px
i was listening to this and thought of bastion as a song... yes or no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b9ci_z4v7M
>>
So we're finally dead?
>>
>>86254024
Yep, hype's over, friend. Lets all go home.
>>
will this game be free to play
>>
>>86251275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EP3fDx644w
>>
>>86254247
no one can actually confirmed whether or not its f2p- but speculation and blizzard are leaning towards that as far as i am aware.
>>
hello,

r/overwatch is fucking cancer

that is all
>>
>>86254969
I really hope it isn't free to play but rather a small $10 to $15 purchase that has regular free weekends and constant free deals for subbing a certain WoW time or buying a certain amount of hearthstone packs or something.

TF2 took years before it went free to play so there is hope that we won't be infested with BR come launch.
>>
>>86255335
What a total and unexpected surprise.
>>
i would actually pay 60 bucks for full game, no microtransactions, no cosmetics
>>
Cavalry is here.
Your actions?
>>
>>86260000
What if it was $60 for a fully-functional game and then optional cosmetic-only microtransactions? Would they go for that?
>>
>>86260483
I would be fine with that as long as money wasn't the only way to obtain the cosmetics. I want this game to potentially last long so they are going to need some sort of post-launch income.
>>
>>86260127
Break out the long spears.
>>
Ex TF2-fag here, 5k hours clocked.
This game looks more a first person MOBA than a proper shooter. I hope there are health packs, ammo packs etc. If not, there's no point even calling it a shooter - it's a MOBA with free aim.
>>
>>86255817
>TF2 took years before it went free to play so there is hope that we won't be infested with BR come launch.
It was released during a different time. These days F2P is one of the only ways to make money off of new multiplayer IPs.
>>
Would the F2P model make it an impediment to rolling the PC game onto an eventual Xbox/Playstation port?
>>
File: SMNC_Tank_Poster.jpg (513KB, 1099x2000px) Image search: [Google]
SMNC_Tank_Poster.jpg
513KB, 1099x2000px
>>86260843
Sounds pretty good, I'd play it.
>>
>>86260843
no one cares about your autism classifications
>>
>>86260928
CSGO is a somewhat recent game and still hasn't gone F2P, i guess the ingame economy and the high skill ceiling makes it a "live" game
>>86261000
i dont think it would be ever ported to a console, its too fast paced
>>
>>86260843
Health packs? Likely, methinks
Ammo packs? Unlikely
>>
>>86261139
CS:GO isn't a new IP, it's has a huge established playerbase to bank off of. But yeah it really started to take off when item drops and esports stuff was added.
>>
>>86261237
health packs are confirmed, i think ammo is unlimited.
>>
>>86260843
>no lanes
>no items
>no money system
>you can switch heroes mid-game
>no creeps
>no towers
>no npc's

>MOBA

literally what?
>>
>>86261372
I think it did show that much. I remember Tracer emptying her mag and that her ammo stores didn't diminish
>>
>>86244246
why the fuck isn't the engineer the dwarf
they are literally the same character what the fuck
>>
>>86261495
Multiplayer Online Battle Arena retard. He said moba not dota
>>
>>86261570
it's funnier if he's in a sexy indian dress you autist
>>
>>86249432
What's with people hating on them so much? Tribes and Global agenda got abandoned because they didn't only not make money, they lost money, lots of it (tribes became a fad for a while, but very few of those people that got into the game actually stuck around, and even fewer paid anything.). If you didn't want those games to die you should have actually supported it. Look at smite, they actually got money from it and it's still alive after 2-3 years.
>>
>>86261667
still, in most mobas you gain xp, abilities are leveled, your classes are locked in, etc.
i would call it a fast paced fps with abilties instead of different weapons
>>
>>86261667
Moba is a genre coined by Riot to describe LoL and other similar games which include titles such as
>hon
>dota
>strife
>heroes of the storm
>smite
>dawngate
>monday night combat

MOBA doesn't mean "a video game where there is an arena and people fight in said arena". If that were the case then literally every online PvP game (mmo's excluded) would be a MOBA.
>>
>>86261667
You know what mobas are, trying to fit the technical meaning of their name to describe other games is downright retarded. With that criteria every single multiplayer game where people fight on a closed (non open world) space is a moba.
>>
>>86261882
>tribes has an awful unlock/cash system
>players tell them that for months
>they make it even worse
>game dies from lack of money
>smite actually has a decent unlock/cash system
>it makes money
Yeah guys why are you hating on Hi-rez? It was clearly the players fault!
>>
>>86261667
you know the players are fighting each other so clearly its a fighting game

you are a retard
>>
>>86260843
Devil May Cry is my favourite moba
>>
How are so many of you this fucking stupid? It's less MOBA than SMNC as there are no lanes, no bots (creeps) no towers to defend and no final tower (money ball, fountain, etc...)

This is an FPS with cast abilities. Literally the only MOBA like aspect of the game is you have a handful of spells to cast. Everything else screams class-based FPS with partially asymmetric game play.
>>
>>86261882
I honestly don't give a shit about Ascend, Agenda maybe a bit. I don't support hirez because they're a bunch of incompetent lazy idiots who are now popular because of Tencent backing and the dota-like craze/Polaris shilling.
>>
I'm really disappointed that each character doesn't have a secondary gun.

In the cinematic, reaper has a grenade launcher secondary and widowmaker has an assault rifle of sorts. I think there would be a lot more depth to the game if characters had 2 weapons (one of which being much less powerful than the primary) that they had to regularly flip through depending on situation and it would be even cooler if the weapon that they had out affected their skills such as a death blossom functioning slightly different for reaper if he were to have his grenade launcher equipped at the moment he uses it.

Even with abilities, it just seems boring for each character to only have one actual weapon on screen at all times with no variety to that without switching class.
>>
>>86261495
You can't switch heroes mid game.
Also you just described ASSFAGGOTS.
MOBA is the definition of multiplayer game on a small map.
>>
>>86262127
>>86262189
MOBA is the dumbest genre name ever. It's Dota style RTS.
>>
>>86264141
>You can't switch heroes mid game.
Yes you can it has been confirmed.
>>
>>86264269
This kinda ruins the game for me :(
>>
File: 1402150642800.jpg (644KB, 2236x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1402150642800.jpg
644KB, 2236x3000px
just when i thought blizzard couldnt go any lower, this game looks insanely shitty. not gonna bother even if it's free to play
>>
>>86264141
>>86264269
also, it's a term coined by Riot to describe the subgenre of games where League and the like belong to

>multiplayer game on a small map
so call of duty, counter strike, chivalry, battlefield, tf2, quake etc are all MOBA's?
>>86264239
Agree. Some people use Action real time strategy ARTS.
>>
>>86264429
From what they were talking on the panels it seems like they might go for some restrictions so you can't have 6 tracers in one game etc.

If the game has a competitive mode it wouldn't be surprising if changing characters mid-game was disallowed.
>>
File: tracers.webm (2MB, 1280x720px)
tracers.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>86261563
Ammo counter does diminish while firing, but just to get to a short reload/recharge period and there are unlimited free reloads.
>>
>>86264542
>so call of duty, counter strike, chivalry, battlefield, tf2, quake etc are all MOBA's?
Yes.
MOBA is a construct, that doesn't tell you anything about the game. Therefore almost every MP game falls into that category.
>>
>>86263524
I agree actually, though several heroes(thorbjörn, zenyatta, symmetra, windowbreaker, mercy if you count the healing beam as the primary) have alt-fires which basically work the same as a secondary weapon.
>>
>>86264667
I'm not very savvy with terminology

"Emptying her mag" = the 40 on the left side of the forward slash going down to 0
"Ammo stores didn't dimish" = the 40 on the right side of the slash remaining constant after the reload
>>
>>86264697
>Yes.
literally retarded.

Ask a million people "what is your favorite MOBA?" You would get maybe 5 titles that weren't dota-clones.

You don't get the definition of the acronym from the words used within it, I know it's a hard concept to understand. It is a specific term to describe specific games.
>>
>>86264649
I was hoping for making a team of 6 players where we main roles, but if switching is possible, then there's no point in that.
>>86261563
>>86264667
>>86264851
Just think of it as Ammo in mag / Mag capacity
>>
File: OW780_Tracer.jpg (2MB, 3840x1600px) Image search: [Google]
OW780_Tracer.jpg
2MB, 3840x1600px
Going by what Jesse's been saying - who's one of the people that's played it for more than five hours, which is likely a list of about 30 people at this moment - there's a MOBA feel in that each hero has a really, really distinct playstyle. This was somewhat true in TF2 as well but by having different abilities ontop of different loadouts you see more extreme differences.

Also, nerds, I need your help. I'm trying to make not shit videos that outline the characters in terms of gameplay, referencing their closest counterparts in other games, what kind of skills you need to be good at various characters, and sum up their story as well as possible development.

The Tracer video is here, I'll do Widowmaker next, but... more fucking input is always good. Think this one is a little rough around the edges and I should've done more takes on the audio but fuck it I wanted something done rather than nitpicking over it for hours and hours while the hype dies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ9MrS7z6H0

>>86264851
You won't run out of ammo, you just need to reload. As in, you'll never run totally dry.

Also one thing most people seem to overlook is that Recall apparently resets health and ammo. That's kinda a big deal, especially as Tracer has really low health.
>>
>>86262216
They cut the unlock system's xp price by 75% percent. If you mean the "GOTY Edition", that thing came out after the game was officially marked as a financial failure, and it was released to get as much money off that trainwreck as possible.

Also no one said they didn't do anything wrong (if they didn't that game wouldn't have gone to shit so quickly), but that they didn't do anything any company with half a brain would do, nor did they "make a profit and then ran away" or any other retarded myth you can think of (like seriously, who the fuck came up with that one? who in their right mind would make profit with a game and them let it rot. the fact that the game wasn't making enough money was not exactly a secret either so it makes no sense at all.).
>>
>>86264983
Well, there's still time to change things around.

Someone said something about building a turret with one character then switching to another won't destroy your sentry.
So, not that close to finished yet, plenty of time to diddle with things.
>>
>>86264239
But dota wasn't the first of it's type. Also slapping a game's name infront of it is retarded.

>>86264531
you tried.
>>
>>86242765
Where is it anon? Did you lie to us? Why would you do something so cruel?
>>
Do we have a collection of all the smutbins so far?
>>
>>86265080
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ9MrS7z6H0
>Tracer
>Age: 33

I could've sworn I read she was 26 somewhere.
>>
>>86265614
If you want sickening stuff, go to deviantart or tumblr, they got plenty to satisfy your "needs".
>>
>>86266202
Like her official bio? http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/heroes/tracer/
>>
>>86266202
Her profile page says she's 26.
>>
>>86266202
Maybe he mistook Widowmaker's age for Tracer's.
>>
>>86265614

Do we have a collection of non-lewd, heartwarming stories about Tracer and the kid with the hood?
>>
>>86267318
>stories about Tracer and the kid with the hood
ye-
>non-lewd, heartwarming stories
no
>>
>>86249845
>do we have any information about how servers will work
Almost certainly through b.net only, nothing else. I would also bet there are going to be three or four regions (NA, EU and however they organise the other regions) with your account (and stats) being seperated between regions. They won't let anyone host the game themselves, I don't think.
>>
>>86267389
I'll settle for the lewd ones.
>>
>>86255335
Hardly surprising. r/Hearthstone took all of ~10 hours to become utter cancer. Reddit in general only encourages circlejerk, cancer and idiocy.
>>
>>86244153
Sorry.
I don't like fatties.
>>
>>86255335
I don't really think we're in a position to judge.
Our threads are all about waifus and futas.
>>
>>86267318
scroll up, you got like two or three, though it's more "head-canons" that anything.
>>
File: tracer_by_manusia_no_31-d869xzm.png (4MB, 1200x1632px) Image search: [Google]
tracer_by_manusia_no_31-d869xzm.png
4MB, 1200x1632px
>>
>>86261882
>tribes became a fad for a while, but very few of those people that got into the game actually stuck around, and even fewer paid anything
Tribes has practically vertical learning curve and a community not exactly dedicated to welcoming millions of retards asking retarded questions and not willing to learn.

Overwatch is Blizzard's FPS - that means everyone with an battle.net account can try it out, especially if it's free which would reduce the barrier for entry to minimum. Overwatch is also geared towards the idea of being easy to learn (you literally just shoot at enemies and have 3 to 4 abilities per char) hard to master kind of game.

Literally the only problems are that you will have to memorise the maps (which is par for the course in FPS anyway) and that you will have to memorise how all the champions work and play, which will become somewhat challenging once the number start getting into high dozens. However, even the second one still isn't relevant at the basest level - at the basest level of play you just queue and shoot and that's it.
>>
>>86268230
but anon, no one discuses futa on this one general.

we got have our waifus though.
>>
>>
>>86268343
What's the point of this reply? no one was comparing tribes with overwatch, it only said that tribes was a failure and it's devs dropped it because it was the logical thing to do.
>>
>>
>>86207926
oh my god, it's actually happening
http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/heroes/brian/
>>
>>
>>86268654
>Lying on the internet
>>
>>86268654
Damn I liked my idea for him being part of a Tracer skin.
Oh well that is okay I guess.
>>
>>86263524
But what would that actually add to the game? Another ability? Okay, they can increase the number of abilities by one, if they wanted to, they obviously settled on 3 to 4 as the perfect number. Though, to be honest, I wouldn't mind crazyness in design a la Dota where heroes aren't limited by anything in their design.

And if it's as a secondary basic attack, how would you actually make that useful enough that players want to use it but not useful enough that it beats primary weapon or any of the abilities in situation where you should want to use your primary weapon/ability?

I think the biggest problem with the idea of secondary gun is that it requires the FPS to be heavily gunplay focused. From everything we've seen so far of Overwatch, the game honestly looks like 90% of the time you're using your abilities and you're encouraged to you use your abilities as you're never punished (in the form of losing mana because there is no mana) for using them, quite the opposite, you're rewarded. In such a situation gunplay is already severaly limited with most of the time going to either movement/mobility or abilities, it seems very silly to cut that further by adding secondary base weapon.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_neynv6gf6C1ry0uppo1_1280.png (255KB, 540x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neynv6gf6C1ry0uppo1_1280.png
255KB, 540x700px
>>
>>
File: widowmaker_by_jungahlee-d869bm6.jpg (434KB, 840x1125px) Image search: [Google]
widowmaker_by_jungahlee-d869bm6.jpg
434KB, 840x1125px
>>
File: 1407010957861.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1407010957861.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>86264531
if you're gonna shitpost at least backup your statement with some details
>>
>>86265080
Your voice is fine - British accent always helps immensely in that regards as Americans can't spit a bad (not in the sense that it's fake) British accent - it's just a bit too monotone, you might want to try conveying emotions when you speak and perhaps changing your pitch a bit more, and you sound like you've got cold. Your sound quality isn't the best but it's perfectly adequate.

All in all, actually pretty reasonable.

>Also one thing most people seem to overlook is that Recall apparently resets health and ammo. That's kinda a big deal, especially as Tracer has really low health.
I agree with it being potentially important, I disagree about it being big deal or that it's important for Tracer. The more health the character has the more important it is because it gets harder and harder to heal them up that much and it nullifies the progress enemies made on whittling down his health. Conversely, the less health a character has the less important it is as a larger percentage of his or her health can be brought back very quickly or instantly.

But Overwatch is a game where pretty much everyone can die in ~10 shots and even the tanks die to 2 to 3 of Widow's snipes. In such a fast paces, fast kill and fast respawn enviroment, resurrecting with full health isn't all that important.
>>
>>86269440
>>86269275
>>86269093
>>86268741
>>86268429
qt french waifu murderer
>>
>>
>>86267318
Is there a collection of all Widowmaker/Tracer stories somewhere, lewd and non-lewd, futa and non-futa, romantic and non romantic? I need my waifus together, damnit!
>>
File: 47072045_p2 c.jpg (121KB, 616x852px) Image search: [Google]
47072045_p2 c.jpg
121KB, 616x852px
>those Symmetra and Pharah sets by RBG
>>
File: 47059955_p0.jpg (125KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
47059955_p0.jpg
125KB, 600x477px
>>
File: It's Beautiful.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px)
It's Beautiful.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>86268741
oh... my...
>>
I just got my Warlords of Draenor collector's edition box home from the store and opened it up to find that there's a 25% Discount card for Blizzard Gear in there. Nearly $40 cut off the price of that Tracer statue's not too bad.

Granted, it's still nowhere near cheap, but this CE box can save people a lot of money there if they're getting it anyway.
>>
>>86269904
Is that the full picture? If not please link more.
>>
>>86268429
>>86268741
>>86269093
>>86269275
>>86269440
These are all gorgeous. Kudos to the artists. Now if only they would draw porn...
>>
>>86269984
Random Boob Guy, go look it up.
>>
>>86269972
The statue is 150$, right? So 25% off 150$ is 112.5$. Still too expensive, waifu or not.
>>
>>86270145
Blessed, thank you.
>>
>>86270218
I still think of it more as just setting aside $10 per week until February. Just gotta eat a microwaved potato instead of McDonalds couple times a week and that's covered.
>>
>>86269275
not to be that guy but that's not a proper weapons carry of any sort- that's an exaggerated chicken wing and having the butt stock of the rifle on the elbow joint versus the pocket of the shoulder. Yeah- no, other than that the rest of the photo is great!

>not the best example but shows proper carry and stance.
>>
>>86270978
/k/, please leave.
>>
>>86270978
I don't like women with guns.
It probably makes me feel less manly ;_;
>>
>>86270978
Main reason I don't like /k/ommandos, even beyond the ideological bullshit, is that they can never ever ever fucking shut the fuck up about >muh proper way to carry a weapon. Your hobby/profession isn't the only one that gets portrayed inaccurately you're just the only one that's too fucking autistic to let it go and not start complaining.
>>
>>86271119
>I don't like women with guns.
Me neither.
It's much harder to rape them safely
>>
>>86271208
I'm not even /k/ but I can still appreciate the glory of proper operating.
>>
>>86271208
It looks dumb
>>
>>86271096
>occasionally shoot for recreation
>obligatory k
>>
>>86271208
>Your hobby/profession isn't the only one that gets portrayed inaccurately you're just the only one that's too fucking autistic to let it go and not start complaining.
Yeah like has anyone ever seen what crime shows due to computers and technology? From infinite zoom to two people on one keyboard. The examples are endless. Do you ever hear anyone crying about that aside from the initial, "haha oh wow look at that."?
>>
>>86271208
>they can never ever ever fucking shut the fuck up about >muh proper way to carry a weapon.

It's relevant because no one wants to be accidentally shot in the face by a jackass going 50 cent and sweeping your children with a loaded assault sniper with the finger on the trigger.

It's like going into a chem lab and filling a watergun with concentrated acid and squirt it on people "just for fun XDXDXDDDD"
>>
>>86271453
Not to me. Not to all three or four anons that posted before you. But the most important part is just that IT DOESN'T MATTER, proper gun posture isn't important in the context of the picture in any way. It's not a gun advertisement or an army hiring letter it's a fan picture of a character from a video game drawn by someone who has never seen a gun in his or her life. IT DOESNT MATTER.

And yet you cunts keep complaining every single fuckign time. I have become autistic about this as a direct result of your fucking autism over proper posture.
>>
>>86271669
>It's relevant because no one wants to be accidentally shot in the face by a jackass going 50 cent and sweeping your children with a loaded assault sniper with the finger on the trigger.
Do you seriously think you're going to be shot by Widowmaker in any situation in any way? Are you high?
>>
People, this the overwatch general, if you want to talk about your opinion on other things, go somewhere else.

Now, please continue posting more cute waifus.
>>
>>86271208
dude- let me give you a rifle and you put the buttstock on your elbow and shoot it... i want to know if common sense would tell you to not do that. You don't have to be a gun enthusiast to understand the basic concept of holding a weapon. i wasn't trying to rain on anyone's parade, just merely pointing out a flaw in the drawing. If i was the artist i would want an accurate representation of what im drawing and the end result is something marvelous.
>>
File: tumblr_nex9fqO0vJ1rc7rv4o1_1280.jpg (406KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nex9fqO0vJ1rc7rv4o1_1280.jpg
406KB, 1280x1280px
>>
File: original content.png (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
original content.png
106KB, 800x600px
>>86271792
>IT DOESN'T MATTER, proper gun posture isn't important in the context of the picture in any way.
It only makes it look stupid as fuck.
Pic related, it's OC for you.
>>
>>86272343
cute ;o)
>>
File: tumblr_nex9fqO0vJ1rc7rv4o2_1280.jpg (446KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nex9fqO0vJ1rc7rv4o2_1280.jpg
446KB, 1280x1280px
>>86272343
>>
>>86271960
>Do you seriously think you're going to be shot by Widowmaker in any situation in any way?
No, but you having seen widowmaker carry in the wrong way will break your arm and shoot the instructor the first time you touch a gun.
>>
File: WM_18.png (320KB, 600x768px) Image search: [Google]
WM_18.png
320KB, 600x768px
>>86266202
>>86266913
>>86267257

Yeah. 33 is Widowmaker's age. I know a lot of these things by heart and I think just trying to get it all set up crept that little mistake in.

On the plus side, its a... non-detail. Doesn't matter that much gameplay wise, even story wise its somewhat minor. Doubt Tracer at 33 will be a cynical, bitter person. I'll proofread the next ones a bit harder, at least. Widowmaker should be up tomorrow evening.

As someone with 200+hrs in TF2's sniper, and probably 300+hrs sniping in other games, I'm more than a little nerd-excited to get into that.

>>86269527

Thanks. I'll probably do a lot more takes for future audio to find better ones. As for Tracer - it effectively gives her a bigger safety net. Losing a fight? Recall, suddenly you're at full health and ammo. This'll matter when you've caught a Hanzo or Reaper out somewhere on the side, but less in bigger battles. I'd even say optimal combat strategy is something like fight > take a few shots > recall and finish.

Also sets up nice counterplay, especially for people like Hanzo and Widowmaker. Just need to aim where she was a few seconds ago.
>>
>>86270978
one could argue that it is an improvised stance due to shooting on the move.
>>
File: 1415909982835.jpg (220KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1415909982835.jpg
220KB, 1280x1280px
>>86272343
I'll let someone else shop in anons face here.
>>
>>86226773
I know I will be. I dropped TF2 three years ago and have been waiting for something like this for ages.
>>
>>86271960
>Do you seriously think you're going to be shot by Widowmaker in any situation in any way? Are you high?

no but this is how widow maker shoots/hold a weapon
>>
>>86272764
by putting a buttstock in elbow?
>>
>>86272463
the stock is too long :^)
>>
>>86272874
>>86226773
Yep, around 4k hours in TF2 here. Dropped it a year or two ago when it really jumped the shark. Can't wait to pick up a new shooter that isn't garbage.
>>
Reaper, reaper, that's what people call me.

I did always want an arena shooter based off of No More Heroes.
>>
File: template.png (465KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
template.png
465KB, 1280x1280px
>>86272798
P-put whatever you want anon-san~
>>
>>86273094
Yes because you can't place it on your shoulder because your right foot is on higher ground meaning that your stance is fucked. It's a shitty excuse and it's clear that the artist just doesn't know what the shit he's doing, but an excuse nonetheless.
>>
>>86269904
>futa version
She's a bit on the small side but nice either way

I could see a tough big girl like her with a small willy and being timid about it. Or a large one and still being timid about it
>>
File: werlegun.jpg (219KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
werlegun.jpg
219KB, 1280x1280px
>>86272798
>>86273252
>>
>>86273556
Yeah, it's pretty small I think.
Especially considering the size of the toy.
But beggars can't be choosers.
>>
>>86273746
The more pressing concern is that the toy crumples her armor like it was hit by an explosion when it bulges out her abs.
>>
>>86273746
then again, after seeing a chunk of dmitry's stuff, im impartial to the sizes on who takes what and the size differences
>>
>>86273537
eh, i don't know- maybe the fact that i sorta like Widowmaker and i have this standard that she's operating badass hitman. I hold her on a higher standard and someone of that caliber will never ever do that. With that said, those expectation are no ones but mine and ultimately its my fault to hold her to high regards. I didn't really care that much as the guy who responded to me earlier. I was just pointing out a flaw in the the way she held the weapon and that was my only gripe from that drawing. She's still hot but odd way to hold a weapon.
>>
>>86273861
I thought that was pretty funny.
>oh, that thing's pretty huge, is that section of the armor coming off?

Guess she's made of some pretty tough stuff.
>>
>>86272748
>I'd even say optimal combat strategy is something like fight > take a few shots > recall and finish.
They pretty much showed this in the commented match - Tracer jumps down from the highground, uses an ability and then recalls backs up to avoid taking damage.

But you still have to put it in the context of Tracer's health, which is exceptionally low. I believe she had 150 HP and literally died from couple of shots from anyone, pretty sure Widow could oneshot her. She has very little health and , because of that, regaining health is more of bringing her to viable level instead of taking her above to broken level.
>>
>>86273537
>It's a shitty excuse and it's clear that the artist just doesn't know what the shit he's doing,
It's not shitty excuse. Proper gun posture isn't common sense, clearly, since so many artists get it so wrong (I know this because there's always some faggot to complain) and if it's not common sense and is in no way or shape connected to the picture than you're being bitchy for nothing. "More accuracy" isn't a valid reason where there's no reason for that accuracy, satisfying a small group of autists isn't enough of a reason.
>>
D'you think Widowmaker hates children?
>>
>>86275612
shut up tracer
>>
File: 1413322899840.jpg (31KB, 360x540px) Image search: [Google]
1413322899840.jpg
31KB, 360x540px
>>86275204
you should take your own advice anon. btw, you are right that it wasn't a big deal but you sure are making it one.
>>
File: 1415395622293.webm (593KB, 1280x720px)
1415395622293.webm
593KB, 1280x720px
[EXPAND ASS]
>>
>>86275612

I think the part of Widowmaker that's still a good person loves children. But she is otherwise indifferent to them.
>>
>>86275204
>>86275204
Everyone knows how to hold a fucking gun. If not, then they are retarded.
I'm a fucking nerd from europe, that haven't seen a gun outside of videogame, but I know how to hold a gun. It kicks, therefore you slam it on your shoulder. It can't be more intuitive then that.
Also trigger finger.
>>
File: 1413409241635.png (360KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1413409241635.png
360KB, 604x604px
>>86275612
Not after her plan was thwarted by a 15 year old kid.
>>
>>86275204
There's a difference between people complaining about minor things like /k/ does, and complaining about something as glaringly obviously wrong as what is in that picture.

Although I tried to make up an excuse here >>86273537 the truth is that in that drawing it's painfully obvious that is fucked. Anyone who has watched films, seen pictures of war or played video games can tell that that is not how you hold a rifle in any case. This is not nitpicking.

When illustrators and concept artists draw, one of the biggest questions they ask themselves is "does this make sense?". "does this look right?". "is this how you do this?". Concept artists and illustrators are some of the most unintentionally knowledgeable people you will meet because they constantly do their research on whatever it is that they're drawing. Complaints about fairly big mistakes like that are perfectly acceptable because the artists didn't do their job properly meaning that they aren't very good at what they're doing.
>>
>>86275870
Well it wasn't a big deal initially. It was kind of funny, >every time and so on. But the billionth time same autistic complaint is posted it isn't funny it's just rage inducing.

So, yeah, don't blame me for your autism.
>>
>>86276101
meant for >>86276000
Shit.
>>
>>86275612
Well, she loves Tracer, doesn't she?
>>
File: tumblr_nezx20GjMx1rrvxvto2_1280.png (346KB, 489x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nezx20GjMx1rrvxvto2_1280.png
346KB, 489x800px
Chibi Phara
>>
File: 14157200429700.gif (906KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
14157200429700.gif
906KB, 500x200px
I'm in love, guys.
>>
>>86276375
>tumblr
>tumblr
>tumblr
>>
>>86276276
Shipping aside, I picture Widow being annoyed by her.
>>
>>86276375
You're not the only one, Anon.
>>
File: tumblr_nezx20GjMx1rrvxvto1_1280.png (330KB, 489x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nezx20GjMx1rrvxvto1_1280.png
330KB, 489x800px
>>86276323
>>
>>86276123
>This is not nitpicking.
It is nitpicking because how is that relevant to anything in the picture?

Do I need to repeat myself? She's a fan drawing of a character from a video game (that was most likely done for free) drawn by someone who has never seen a gun in his or her life. And, no, you can't make the argument proper holding of the gun is inherently intuitive because it isn't. Contrary to what you seem to think, media usually portrays inaccurate gun holding and firing and/or people that don't care about guns don't pay any attention to it. Most people have no idea how strong of a recoil guns actually have, for example, which leads to injuries for first time users, or that you can't fire a shotgun with one arm.

As a sort of parallel - I'm bit of a history nerd and the way sword fighting is portrayed in virtually every media piece that has sword fighting is inaccurate. Every medieval fantasy has inaccurate sword fighting. Most sort of historical movies also get it wrong. And, yet, I find it in myself not to complain every time they wield a sword in an impossible manner and just... you know, accept it doesn't matter and enjoy it.
>>
>>86276481
She definitely gets on her nerves but I think she enjoys both Tracer's spunk and spirit and the chase. While she outwardly plays her part and projects annoyance to Tracer's antics inwardly she smiles, that sort of thing.

Then again, I AM a dirty, dirty shipper.
>>
File: tumblr_netcswmJJJ1qeqi5do1_1280.jpg (238KB, 1008x612px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_netcswmJJJ1qeqi5do1_1280.jpg
238KB, 1008x612px
>>86276481
>>
>>86276859
riddle me this... how else would someone hold a sword?
>>
>>86277168
i like this widowmaker photo because reasons
>>
>>86277168
Too much stone jaw.
>>
>>86277373
Eh, a bit, but I think it suits the pic + expression quite well
>>
>>86276859
Then let me say it like this.
The rifle posture in the artwork looks to me like a crouching skinny guy holding a bastard sword like a dagger behind his back.

It's THAT retarded.
>>
>>86276859
>Contrary to what you seem to think, media usually portrays inaccurate gun holding and firing and/or people that don't care about guns don't pay any attention to it
Help me to the general direction of media where people hold the stock at their elbow joint. Everyone knows that that is not where it is supposed to go.

Also the argument that the artist who drew this is someone who has never seen a gun in his life is completely invalid:
http://adrian-w.deviantart.com/gallery/
His art revolves heavily around combat and weaponry. This artist is also at a pretty good skill level meaning that he should be pretty knowledgeable on this subject.
The conclusion we can make from this is that it is a mistake by the artist, mostly due to "rule of cool". He had an idea for this cool sketch of widowmaker aiming down on the other players, but he didn't consider the practicality of the pose at all like a proper illustrator would.
>>
>>86277228

Like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hlIUrd7d1Q&t=1m50s
>>
File: wtfm8.png (465KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
wtfm8.png
465KB, 1280x1280px
>>86272798
Ahem...
>>
>>86277669
good job
>>
>>86277583
That's not about holding sword, but holding sword in armor.
Jesus christ we are talking about a rifle and you show me how bazooka is held...
>>
File: www.jpg (19KB, 175x193px) Image search: [Google]
www.jpg
19KB, 175x193px
>>86277751
>>
>>86277910

I'm not that guy. But the point still stands. Damn near every movie gets that wrong, but who gives a shit?
>>
>>86276123

or maybe they're just trying to make a stylish looking pose because it's fucking imaginary

just like how the overwhelming majority of armor/equipment in vidya and movies don't have any lick of practicality to them for the sake of style, sex appeal, or whatever they were aiming for

get over it
>>
>>86277583
i'll admit i did not know they held swords like that, but then again that was more advance use of the sword in combination of a full armor. When i mentioned the improper carry of the rifle with a basic hold- the basic of basic. Like how you hold a sword with basic knowledge? Naturally Below the handguard and above the pommel which is the grip. How to hold a rifle- well buttstock to sholders- one hand on the grip/trigger and another to support the front/barrel of the rifle. Dassit- das all i wanted to say.
>>
>>86277669
sauce?
>>
>>86278580
>sauce?

http://overwatchnsfw.tumblr.com/
>>
>>86278879
thanks anon
>>
File: 1415691484193.png (314KB, 983x575px) Image search: [Google]
1415691484193.png
314KB, 983x575px
Has anybody done a video which compiles all voice samples from Tracer? Like anything from the Cinematic to in-game voice.
>>
>>86279268
just wait until the beta and then you can rip her voice files
>>
>>86278128
>just like how the overwhelming majority of armor/equipment in vidya and movies don't have any lick of practicality to them for the sake of style, sex appeal, or whatever they were aiming for
Seriously, what's the practicality of chain bikini? And how do the clothes stay on on female Korean MMO characters with no straps?

>>86277517
>but he didn't consider the practicality of the pose at all like a proper illustrator would.
This is literally the first time I've heard someone's art being derided because of "lack of practicality". that shit just doesn't matter and nobody cares unless the artist is going for hyper realism in both style and theme and even then.
>>
Reposting these renders of some of the cinematic's models since people might not have seen them (Blizzard had them pulled from the artist's DA page for some reason)
>>
>>86279438
If I wanted to wait until the beta, I wouldn't have bothered asking.
>>
>>
There are more pastebins!

Hey, how come yours didn't get removed like mine did? I had to upload it to that stupid fanfic website because the pastebin kept getting purged.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10812162/1/Tracer-s-Magic
>>
>>86279451

i don't know but I love it.

though I wasn't even talking about chain bikinis, even modest stuff like plated armor with curves for breasts would more likely deflect a sword into your throat sooner than protect you.

but who cares, most of the girls in vidya aren't even "WHAT A REAL FEMALE SOLDIER/KNIGHT WOULD LOOK LIKE" so hurr fucking realism.
>>
>>
>>86280090
How to interpret each of these faces, such possibilities
>>
>>
>>86279857
>>86280090
Thanks for posting these, I hadn't seen them before.
>>
>>86280090
>u wot, m8
>so many possibilities
>constipated

>>86280182
>favs: 1
>words: 2000+
aww that makes me want to make an account to bump it up.
>>
File: eh.jpg (97KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
97KB, 500x375px
>>86280090
>>
Thread posts: 653
Thread images: 117

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.