[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 754
Thread images: 125

File: ___HUH.jpg (148KB, 596x364px) Image search: [Google]
___HUH.jpg
148KB, 596x364px
Last Thread: >>187482807

>when you continue an old VVVVVV save but it's the Veni Vidi Vici part

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in /vg/), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
http://pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
http://indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral
>>
First for continued RNG discussion.
>>
>>187854673
You can't bluff an AI.
>>
>>187854886
You can if it's a good AI. I remember it was quite easy and powerful with the game GUN that was one of the first games released on Xbox 360.
>>
>>187854886
The AI can pretend to be fooled. Thing is, it's harder to write a mediocre AI than a smart one, which is harder than the usual dumb AI.
>>
>>187855491
And smart AI are harder to distinguish from cheating AI.

>playing a RTS
>send my unit to attack the enemy base
>his units are ready
Of course, what were the odds?
>>
Only tangentially related but most deep learning AIs can actually be fooled fairly easily.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adversarial_machine_learning

Also, vidya enemy "AI" has nothing to do with learning or intelligence.
>>
>>187855675
>most deep learning AIs can actually be fooled fairly easily
Okay. Go play Alien Isolation and tell us how it went.
>>
>>187855750
You're thinking in completely wrong context. Vidyagaems don't have learning AIs. It's just another set of scripted behaviors.
>>
>>187856153
But Isolation is famous for the Ayyylmao learning your move.
Same with Quake 3's bots, who apparently are pretty smart.
>>
>>187848992
Yeah, pretty much all my questions were answered.
Usually people either don't bother and ignore, or propose to figure everything by yourself.
>>
>>187856258
>But Isolation is famous for the Ayyylmao learning your move.
No, Isolation is famous for its marketing making people think that the Alien can learn your moves.
The most intelligent ACTUAL AI in gaming can beat pro dota players in a heavily simplified version of the game.

It will be years before AI in games arent anything but scripts over scripts.
>>
>>187857261
>arent
are*
>>
>>187856258
Because the entire game is centered around a singular enemy, they could afford to spend more of their budget making it behave in cool ways. It's still nothing but a collection of preprogrammed behaviors, it only imitates a real learning thing.

Ditto for UT/Quake bots. Most of them are just static routines and require bot routes in maps to be effective. Some like Reaper can "learn" the maps and have more human-like behavior, but it is not real machine learning.

It will be a long while before we see real learning AIs in vidya and it won't be in rendering-intensive real-time games like FPSes.
>>
>>187857535
>the entire game is centered around a singular enemy
But they're not, though. You also fight Working Joes and humans, and they all behave differently from the Alien.
Try to know what you're actually talking about.
>>
>>187857917
Holy shit stop being contrarian for the sake of it, you know what I meant. The alien is core focus of the game, the main selling point. Other enemies don't have half the behavior/animation polish it does.
>>
>>187858127
>you know what I meant
No I don't.
>>
CHECKING /in/
>>
>>187858127
didn't the aylmao not even matter for, like, the last third of the game?
>>
>>187858297
Welp, the point is, no current vidya has real machine learning as enemy AI. The very first realworld-applicable deep learning technologies are currently in their infancy and require hefty amounts of GPU power. More than rendering of AAA+++ games.

But I suspect we'll be seeing (indie) games with deep learning gimmicks in the near future as more and more hobbyists experiment with neural networks and their possibilities. Maybe in enemy AI, maybe in some other features.
>>
>>187859084
Deep learning in 4x when.
>>
>>187859084
If it spares us the indignity of Empire Earth's AI, I'm fine with it.
I like RTS, but in most case, they become more about abusing the AI than getting good at strategy. Sniping the enemy hero in Warlord Battlecry, harassing the enemy in Age of Empires 2, turtling in SupCom...
>>
>>187859385
>more about abusing the AI than getting good at strategy
Videogame AI in a nutshell.
>>
>>187861128
To be fair, some FPS have pretty good idea, so you need to use real strategy. FEAR, for example, is pretty good, you can't hide in a corner and wait for them to come, you need to flank them.
>>
File: thinking.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
What should i play if i enjoyed Darkwood? STALKER games done already.
>>
>>187862546
Condemned perhaps.
>>
>>187862546
Similar story? Subterrain. That game with the teleportation, glitch or something.

Similar gameplay? Hotline Miami.
>>
>>187861336
It's been long since I played FEAR but I don't remember its AI being worth the hype it got back then. They behaved as a squad instead of individuals and the radio chatter made them seem more human, but they were still dumb and abusable in many maps.

IMO arena shooter bots are the only example of a game AI that isn't particularly abusable, since their gameplay is an easy task for a computer. The moment-to-moment gameplay is mostly based on twitch skill where a computer will always beat a human unless artificially restricted. The only other required skills are map knowledge and the ability to keep item pickup spawn timers in your head. Bots excel in the latter and their routes are usually as good as human players', at least in maps with bot paths predefined by the level designer.
>>
>>187862885
>road
What? I always used to just walk around and kill whoever I met with whatever weapon I had.
>>
>>187862546
Teleglitch is kind of Darkwood's dumber, way less spooky cousin. It's not even a horror game really
>>
>>187862629
>Condemned
Will check.
>>187862703
HM already done, and i'm actually trying Subterrain and failing spectacularly.
>>
>>187863960
But are you having fun?
>>
>games that start on monitor 2 or monitor 3 by default
reeeee
>>
>>187854886
Poker doesn't involve that much bluffing anyways, at least not on the skill level most people are.

The thing is bluffs are only effective against certain kind of skilled players (because unskilled players have no idea what they are doing to begin with and might not pay enough attention) and even then require pretty specific circumstances to be effective and should be used sparingly.

Most of the time it's simple math, risk managment and most importantly dealing with the tilt after bad beats.
>>
>>187864212
I guess so, but failing to keep your contamination in check early on lead you to race for medikit and decontamination pills endlessly until you finally have enough.
>>
>>187862546
Play it again and make different choices.
>>
Taxi, some random indie game

CEPM2-BDB89-28T76
>>
>>187867705
What kind of game is it?
>>
What mod do you recommend for Stardew Valley?
>>
>>187867705
I'll have fun trying to glitch this one later anon.
>>
>>187869359
the ones that expand your fridge
>>
File: latest[1].gif (2MB, 283x424px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].gif
2MB, 283x424px
>>187854586
What the fuck what his problem?
>>
File: JfrtZ0B.gif (20KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
JfrtZ0B.gif
20KB, 384x384px
>>187870315
what about the mod that expand titties
>>
Oh god, this is a real gem.

>I thought this game was really cool at first... until one gameplay mechanic pretty much brought everything to a halt.

>Unlike in Fallout 1 & 2, there is no healing skill that can be used for free without expending limited resources. All resources are extremely precious and limited. However, you can go back to town and get a medic to heal you completely for free, without limit. Pair this with the fact that you can often escape a fight by entering an area transition zone, and you can leave every fight as soon as you take damage, walk back to town, get healed, go back to where you fought that enemy, and continue fighting them, and they haven't healed at all, and that becomes obviously the easiest way to progress in much of the game, and it is *not fun*. The developers should implement a healing skill (like in Fallout 1 & 2) that can be used without expending any limited resources (or perhaps a healing skill that can be used if the player character has a healing kit, and maybe there's a small chance of that healing kit being expended or partially expended). That seems like it would be an easy fix to this serious game-breaking problem.
>>
>>187870489
He's just confused.
I was like him in the beginning, I even thought it's a shit game.
>>
>>187870652
He played it for 15 hours before he posted his review. 15 hours of walking back and forth between combat encounters and the healer. That's incredible.
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2095718613767135086

Dashbored got a small update today.
>>
>>187870443
I'm still going through my first playthrough, but he seems like a swell guy who doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>187870854
That 10x multiplier really messed my sense of ingame economy.
I fought those bandits from Jack's quest with level one character and tried to avoid using one of those 5 hypos.
>>
>>187870489
but there's so many bandages and medshots or whatever they're called
>>
>oh cool is that a new indie game
>wait nope its another fucking movie
Steam a shit
>>
>>187852705
Gacha is RNG to make the game hard
>>
>>187872407
nah
gacha is rng to make your dick hard
>>
>>187855675
Machine learning is complete bullshit, dont waste a single second of attention on this meme
>>
>>187870443

he's the one who knocked up the pretty lady who gave birth to the great sow. he's incredibly petty about being run off.
>>
Starting LISA the Pointless

... Here's hoping it's good even though you dudes said it's as it says on the tin, "kinda pointless".
>>
File: tactic.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tactic.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I tried this and it works pretty well. I pushed those fuckin church pews over to block the entry ways and just jump in through a window.
>>
File: e2GepX9.png (23KB, 277x314px) Image search: [Google]
e2GepX9.png
23KB, 277x314px
>>187872654
>Machine learning is complete bullshit
>>
>>187857535
Reaperbot had no pre placed bot routes, it felt around walls for pathfinding and learned how to move about the maps from the player.
UT had handplaced waypoints and routines placed in maps.
>>
>>187870489
Hes right. There is literally zero reason not to cheese every combat situation like this. Its trivial with the speedhack.
>>
>>187873932
what about the fact that it's boring as shit
>>
>>187871625
Not once you get to Deep Caverns :^)
>>
>>187870489
Wow I kinda ruined it for myself with exit-scumming a few of the harder encounters...

But running back to town all the time? What the fuck.
>>
>>187873271
Machine learning isnt actually teaching machines how to learn. Its completely irrelevant to the subject an AI you could communicate with or play against in a video game.
Dont believe the pop sci hype and educate yourself
>>
>>187874449
what the fuck are you talking about
>Its completely irrelevant to the subject an AI you could communicate with or play against in a video game.
what does this MEAN
>>
>>187874615
>>187855675
keep up
>>
>>187870443
He's a pretty interesting character actually. There are is concrete facts about his background or his motivations, but there is enough info in the game to make speculations.

The most important thing is that he carries a wedding ring that is described as being "fake". You can find 2 real weeding rings that look exactly like his- one in the Pretty Lady's room and the other one in the Hunter's House, worn by a skeleton in a chair.

It's safe to assume the skeleton in the chair is the Hunter. Another very important thing is that you can find an empty empty trophy rack inside Hunter's House, one that looks as if something used to be hung on it.

Another detail that I think is important is that Wolfman's jacket has a hole right where the heart is, suggesting that the previous owner was killed by a bullet.

My personal theory- I believe Wolfman used to feel intense hatred towards the Hunter for some unspecified reason. Perhaps the Hunter tried to hunt him down because of his bestial appearance, maybe it was something more personal, who knows.

Anyways, I believe the Wolfman hated him so much, he decided to not only kill him, but also steal and destroy everything that was dear to him, including his entire identity and his wife, the Pretty Lady. He took his jacket and his rifle and fashioned a fake wedding ring for himself, perhaps as a form of mockery.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the empty trophy rack. It's empty but looks as if something used to hung on it, suggesting that the Wolfman is actually wearing it as a mask. On the other hand, the Protagonist notes that he hears him flapping his tail around, smells wet fur, that his breath stinks of rot. He also licks the Protagonist and actually eats (and possibly rapes) the Pretty Lady.

Perhaps his entire body is that of a wolf except for his head, so he wears the trophy to fully embrance being a Wolfman? Or maybe he just took the trophy away as another form of mockery? Not sure.
>>
>>187874884
>There are is concrete facts
There are no* concrete facts
>>
>>187874024
Use the speedhack. So what if its boring. If it was supposed to be fun then why is there no healing skill then?

Or wouldn't it be more boring to die or get caught up shit creek in a situation where you can't run away, can't heal because you wasted all your hypos, and have no choice but to load an earlier save and replay hours of the game doing the same shit over again.

Best case scenario you made a save every 30 minutes and go back two saves and run back to a healer for every encounter so you still have your 3 hypos left for the big fight.
>>
>>187873932
>There is literally zero reason not to cheese every combat situation like this

>>187875114
> So what if its boring

Following your line of thinking, there is literally zero reason not to spend 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 hours savescumming so you can beat the final boss with your bare fits and no points in unarmed.
>>
>>187873932
>Its trivial with the speedhack

>the game is trivial if you cheat
Gee
>>
>>187875330
>there is literally zero reason not to spend [a gorillion] hours savescumming so you can beat the final boss with your bare fits and no points in unarmed.
I mean, if you were so inclined you should go for it. After all there was that guy who hit level 100 in WoW without belonging to either faction by picking herbs and mining copper.
>>
>>187875603
That's not my point. My point is Ano suggested this being a possiblity somehow makes the game not fun.

I bet that if there was no doctor who offers free healing and if it was not possible to exit an area while in combat, the reviewer would simply complain that it's too hard and "unfair".
>>
File: chrome_2017-08-31_20-48-18.png (206KB, 1046x899px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-08-31_20-48-18.png
206KB, 1046x899px
>>
It seems that many/most(!) players will cheat/cheese if it's too easy, even if it means it will completely ruin the rest of the game for them.
>>
Why does Starship Theory have two seemingly identical .exes? Version 1.0q
>>
Playing LISA: The Pointless, and it did that thing LISA does there areas change visually between visits.

Very powerful, very interesting.

Note to self: Do that it own game.
>>
>>187874167
There's still a metric ton of hypos, the really scarce things are repair kits/bullets and you can get those easily if you played it nice with the Faceless.
>>
File: 130221984382.png (598KB, 600x878px) Image search: [Google]
130221984382.png
598KB, 600x878px
>stumble through the Church on my way to the old forest hideout
>some nigger tells me the code
>alright that's cool, but It's almost night I need need to get back home
>leave to the hideout
>come back later
>mfw he isn't telling me the code anymore
Am I fucked?
>>
>>187883856
>old forest
fuck, I meant old woods
>>
>>187870469
abigail a cute
>>
>>187883856
>>187883968
nevermind, I brute forced my way through it by piecing together what I remembered.
>>
>>187883856
Have you tried checking in the journal?
>>
>>187884460
Yeah, I didn't see any entry involving the guy or a church door code.
>>
File: hi.png (57KB, 1035x733px) Image search: [Google]
hi.png
57KB, 1035x733px
Lewd.
>>
VA-11 HALL-A was originally made for a Game Jam. Is this available to play, anywhere?
>>
This is a PSA to all new Darkwood players. You can throw empty bottles to create broken glass that hurts enemies who step in it. 2-3 will almost kill a stick savage and it's a hell of a lot less costly than bear traps.
>>
Zerotonin made two new games.
http://lab.serotoninphobia.info/completeguide.html
http://lab.serotoninphobia.info/thisgamewill.html
>>
>>187888713
They also can't harm you in any way, which is a huge plus.

I find that scrap metal's a lot easier to come by than empty bottles though, and depending on what you use it for, you don't necessarily get a bottle back from every alcohol. And Trader doesn't offer bottles OR alcohol. So I wouldn't call them less costly, assuming you mean by rarity. Although bottles are less generally useful for much else, unlike scrap metal.
>>
>>187874884
Thanks for the lenghty (you), I lost patience with the game so I missed a lot of lore.
>>
>>187892785
You need a ton of scrap to repair your axe and shovel and to upgrade the axe.
>>
File: trader.png (816KB, 671x1114px) Image search: [Google]
trader.png
816KB, 671x1114px
Tell me about him. Why does he wear the mask?

Why did he call me a liar?
>>
Darkwood question, dropping items on the floor of my house disappear if I leave it? wardrobe is full of shit
>>
>>187891950
this second game kek
>>
>>187893456
Generally, when mean things are scratched onto the dead body of someone, it's referring to the dead man
>>
>>187893634
Everything stays everywhere forever, except in very special circumstances, I believe. Gas in any generators or saws will be drained if you go to a different hideout and come back though.
>>
>>187894247
If gas drains it's pretty slow. Just came back to hideout 2 after spending 2 nights at #3 and my #2 generator was still filled with just under 3 nights of fuel.
>>
>>187894247
>>187894978
Thanks guys
>>
>>187894247
>gas in generators or saws will be drained
Yeah what the fuck. I figured someone was stealing my gas
>>
File: 1503354301221.jpg (40KB, 316x237px) Image search: [Google]
1503354301221.jpg
40KB, 316x237px
Why is the shotgun in Darkwood so fucking satisfying, damn.
>>
File: 2017-09-01_01-02-56.png (172KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-01_01-02-56.png
172KB, 1920x1080px
Making some enemies
>>
>>187874884

The Wolfman's origins are given to you in the Black Box. The man in the burned house had two daughters and a dog. The dog was considered 'one of the children'

A White Dress
A Red See-Saw
A Black Box

These gifts, for my girls.

Their hound ate the shrooms, they thought he died. The dog mutated, became intelligent, took the guise of a fox via stealing from the Hunter, and has hated the villagers and everyone in it ever since. It's why he is called 'Wolfman' despite clearly having ripped a fox's face off and put it over his own. He's a wolf-man wearing a fox's face.
>>
>>187897101
looks good!
>>
>>187884521

It's because the code is told to you in a dream. Through a medallion. The code, like almost any other code in the game, is etched into an item or a piece of paper. You find that item by looking at them through the journal.

Pay attention, dude.
>>
>>187897536
What medallion? iirc all I got from the dream was the box and then I died trying to fight the chomper. In the dream the guy just kept telling me to fuck off since he was in line first, but the guy told me the code when he was sitting in the church outside of the dream.
>>
>>187897840

I've never failed the dream. I've always been given the box + medallion after defeating the chomper.

I guess you should learn to keep a notepad on your desk if you're shit with recalling 4 numbers, my dude.
>>
>>187898225
It definitely didn't help that I went to bed after seeing the numbers.
>>
>>187893456
KLAMCA
yeah i know it's not an l, shut up
>>
>tfw hit by the beartrap red chomper wombo combo
>>
>>187897101
>He's actually fucking doing it
>>
>>187900512
that ain't falco
>>
File: ead.png (8KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
ead.png
8KB, 160x144px
>>187897272
>>187900670
>>
File: brwsreqwergbh.png (392KB, 1610x1391px) Image search: [Google]
brwsreqwergbh.png
392KB, 1610x1391px
>>187902012
just noticed there is a misplaced fly
>>
File: 4g23g.png (13KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
4g23g.png
13KB, 800x720px
>>187902149
>>
>>187902012
>>187902149
>>187902280
neat
>>
File: brim.png (9KB, 960x546px) Image search: [Google]
brim.png
9KB, 960x546px
Probably last thing for the night. Sorry for the spam.
>>
>>187862546
Paranoia (HL mod) (spooky+eastern bloc aesthetics)
Out of Hell (UT mod) (spooky+sometimes takes place in the woods)
Cry of Fear (HL mod) (spooky+sometimes takes place in the woods)
This War of Mine (survival/resource managment+eastern bloc aesthetics)
Teleglitch (tense top-down action+resource managment/crafting)
Betrayer (spooky+woods)
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves (action tower defense+woods)
Don't Starve (craft/survival+woods)
Lone Survivor (spooky)
>>
>spent the days collecting resources to barricade the houses
>every night, the village is getting attacked by mongol hordes
>have to run to the mongol spawning points to take a train to San Francisco to buy some weird eggs to save the village
Off all the things, this is not the kind of dream I expected darkwood to give me.
>>
Darkwood question: someone said if I die in the Church dream I get fucked over/locked out of some cool stuff. Checked the wiki but it's laughably out of date. Say it ain't so.

Also I just reached Hideout 3 and shit is hard as fuck. Also I have so many items they won't fit in the workbench and I have a lot of reputation and not much to spend it on. Really wish these assholes would sell more than one magazine per day.

One last thing: is it true I can't upgrade my workbench to Axe levels until this so called "Chapter 2"? Because that same upgrade is keeping me from my sharpened shovel and it's fuckin lame if I gotta keep relying on this with chompers after me.

No wait I lied the last thing is there's not enough inventory upgrades in this game I need to carry everything
stacksize mod when
>>
Is it actually possible to stun the Sow? I can't seem to get inside before the zapping ends.
>>
/indie/ BAD END
>>
Woah, LISA: The pointless is breddy gud. Kinda apprehensive that there's only 1 released chapter though. Going to be over pretty soon isn't it...
>>
File: ezgif-1-eaad0b4b74.gif (83KB, 600x554px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-1-eaad0b4b74.gif
83KB, 600x554px
>>187914496

Depends on where you are. If you already left the town with all the Infinity Franchise guys, you're about 3/4ths though the game.
>>
>tfw just finished darkwood
God damn that was intense
>>
>>187909001

There is an axe hidden in the old woods
>>
>>187909001
> someone said if I die in the Church dream I get fucked over/locked out of some cool stuff. Checked the wiki but it's laughably out of date. Say it ain't so.
I don't think so. The olny thing that changes is that the fight in the basement will be a lot harder.

>Also I just reached Hideout 3 and shit is hard as fuck.
Use guns, or even better, spend night at hideout 1/2 instead.

> Also I have so many items they won't fit in the workbench
Yeah that happens eventually. Just make more bear traps, barricades, etc. and limit the amount of each resource you store.

>I have a lot of reputation and not much to spend it on. Really wish these assholes would sell more than one magazine per day.
Buying 1 mag, 1 shell and 1 bullet costs 180 rep, buying 2 wires to make a lockpick costs 60. That's what I do every day.

>One last thing: is it true I can't upgrade my workbench to Axe levels until this so called "Chapter 2"?
Yes. level 6 and higher requires pincers and those are only found at the swamp.

> Because that same upgrade is keeping me from my sharpened shovel and it's fuckin lame if I gotta keep relying on this with chompers after me.
Craft a new shovel then? You just said you have a lot of rep, spend it on that.
>>
>>187896068
It's the sound effect, they are 10/10 for all guns. Also the subtle screen shake.
>>
>>187909001
I died in the church dream, so I don't know if it locked me out of anything. It seemed like I was able to do what I was supposed to be able to do though.

Hideout 3 can suck. If it's really a problem and you can't git gud with your barricades and traps you can always be a shitter and spend the nights at hideout 1 or 2. As far as too many items goes, you can always drop shit on the ground or put it into wardrobes and such.

See >>187916618

I didn't find the max inventory size too restricting. With a maxed hotbar and inventory I only had problems because of my hoarding tendencies, but after I learned to not pick literally everything up I had more than enough room to loot what I needed while having my axe, pistol, shotgun, molotovs, and enough ammo.
>>
>>187897237
>The Wolfman's origins are given to you in the Black Box.
I guess that's plausible, given he is the one who helps you open it.
>>
>>187917659
>The olny thing that changes is that the fight in the basement will be a lot harder.
huh? I'm >>187917785 and I didn't have to fight anything for the key. Maybe I got a different basement since I tried to evade the guy after realizing I wasn't going to win, but then tried to fight my way out anyways?
>>
>>187893456
>Why does he wear the mask?
He's wearing a hazmat suit and most likely got fused with it because of his mutations.

He was a part of the expedition to the woods, the same expedition you were a part of. You knew each other in the past and he still remembers you.

>spoiler
He's not calling you a liar, someone called him a liar after killing him, most likely the Three.

He's not actually a liar though, he was 100% correct that there is no escape and that all roads lead deeper into the woods. He was simply trying to protect the Protagonist and make the best out of the shitty situation you were both in.
>>
>>187917963
>I didn't have to fight anything for the key
Are you sure the chompers didn't spawn after picking it up?
>>
>>187918215
Pretty sure. I casually walked around making sure I grabbed all of the loot. There were sleeping chompers all over the place and I figured turning the radio on would be a very bad idea
>>
UnderRail torrent where? I've searched all the sites I know are trustworthy, and I've got fuckall. Send help.
>>
>>187918853
? I'm fairly certain last time I've been there tpb still had it. And the Russians have it too.
>>
I'm missing something if I "accidentally" killed the mayor throught that hole inside his basement? I heard you have to fight Antek but I guess it didn't trigger.
>>
>>187921029
There's downloads, but there's nothing even remotely recent. Is the latest available seriously 2016?
>>
File: A6kq7y6.jpg (11KB, 488x194px) Image search: [Google]
A6kq7y6.jpg
11KB, 488x194px
>>
>>187922684
No, like I said Mother Russia has 2.0.2.4.
That's the latest.
>>
Anyone fancy a 3D platform game?

Check out http://www.playhotlava.com/
>>
I just visited the doctor in Darkwood and now i'm prepping for going to the swamp, wich items should i take with me in priority asside from guns and ammo?
>>
File: hiding-in-the-bushes.jpg (39KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
hiding-in-the-bushes.jpg
39KB, 400x300px
>>187923139
That's not nice.
>>
>>187915420
Oh cool, I have no clue what you're talking about.

... Though I probably will all too soon.

Anyhow Pointless is continuing to be pretty good. Nice queasy feeling about managing items, they feel real necessary.

When people said it was "pointless" I thought it was going to just be some "lolsorandom" fluff, but at least so far, the story has been pretty compelling.
>>
>>187797183
And how would we go about that? Send him a postcard?
>>
>>187925862
Post on his forum, or PM the dev account listed on Steam.
>>
>>187923462
Some planks and nails to barricade on the first night. I would go with 20 planks and 50 nails.

A full tank of gasoline would be nice as well, but not necessary.
>>
>>187925862
Make a thread on the forum or send him an e-mail?

Learn2human interaction
>>
>>187926496
>>187926687
The emphasis is not on the "how" but on the "we".
>>
File: j56wtrh.gif (35KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
j56wtrh.gif
35KB, 800x720px
>>187904094
I'm going to rework this old isaacmon title screen later
>>
File: wrsbqeg.gif (4KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
wrsbqeg.gif
4KB, 160x144px
>>187930046
>>
I wish the devs of Darkwood released the soundtrack.
>>
bingyzongo
>>
File: IMG_4224.jpg (63KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4224.jpg
63KB, 400x300px
>actually feels like the original Space Funeral but better and funnier
>the game's humor constantly shits on how pretentious these games are, with a beatnik NPC representing the fans
>the whole woods area is way creepier than the blood cavern
>the ending is a huge "fuck you" to games like Space Funeral
>was made in only a few days
>was made by the person who made Space Funeral 4

How was this possible, and by this person of all people?
>>
File: TLDOSTDLC.jpg (166KB, 656x1078px) Image search: [Google]
TLDOSTDLC.jpg
166KB, 656x1078px
>>187930795
For 9.99 yuro-dollars as (no name, no blame) certain indie developers?
>>
>>187924171

When you find out about the Infinity guys, you'll be about 1/3 into the game.
>>
>>187916618
Tell me where that shit is. Or at least what location it's at.
>>
>>187923278
Damn, I forgot Russian pirates have time machines. Is Underrail 2 any good?
>>
>>187939882
It's great, but ends on a huge as fuck cliffhanger. But I'm sure Underrail 3 will be the best of them all!
>>
>>187939882
Are you into cover shooters?
>>
Who here is hyped for Card City Nights 2?

>>187935598
Is it worth a play on it's own, or would I have to play the other Space Funeral games?
>>
>>187918331

There are zero chompers in the basement if you do the dream
>>
>>187939226

Doctors house area, you need a key
>>
File: p8729531_b_v8_ab.jpg (193KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p8729531_b_v8_ab.jpg
193KB, 960x1440px
>>187942930
He's in Darkwood?
>>
>>187854702
Whoever cries about RNG without having played 100% Orange Juice doesn't have any right to cry.
>>
File: Doc2.png (951KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Doc2.png
951KB, 1920x1080px
>>187942998
Yeah. He really let himself down.
>>
>>187943709
Weren't you supposed to kill him in revenge for torturing you?
>>
>>187943856
Nah, I don't blame him. I would do the same if I were him.
>>
>>187944039

Can only visit the Doctor's house if you do the Wolfman's pathway, though.
>>
>>187944647
That or if you kill the Chicken Lady and learn the location of his house from the note she has
>>
>>187943709
What the fuck is going on in that fucking game.
>>
File: Musician.gif (2MB, 283x419px) Image search: [Google]
Musician.gif
2MB, 283x419px
>>187944919
Spooky woods are bad for your health , either mental or physical. Sometimes both.
>>
Brown Nomadfu is bad at lying.
>>
File: 16b.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
16b.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>tfw killing Wolfman after helping him
Thanks for those 2 rifles, sucker.
>>
File: 20170829220751_1.jpg (205KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170829220751_1.jpg
205KB, 1600x900px
>>187946953

>Not murdering a psychopathic dog that grew into the shape of a man and stole a fox's face to hide the fact he's really a dog

Help him. Love him. Hate him. That nigga's got to go.
>>
>>187947681
His ending say that after eating the Pretty Lady, he spent the rest of his life at his hideout chasing his own tail.

So he's not really all that bad, he simply had a huge hate boner for the hunter and villagers. Can't really blame him, tvillagers are dicks andthe hunter most likely tried to kill him.
>>
>>187946953
dumb frog poster
>>
Question about rimworld since I am new to it
any Tips for how my starting 3 dudes should be?
and is there any 'essential' quality of life mods or shit like that
>>
>>187950469
Roll for people that ideally :
>don't have any wounds,
>can do all jobs (almost impossible),
>are NOT pacifists,
>have passion in at least cooking, researching, and construction/crafting

If you play in a difficulty above EZ, also check for melee/shooting skills.
>>
>>187950681
And growing is also useful, it means cutting trees and harvesting faster for a better yield, and also being able to grow more stuff.
>>
Am I abnormal for enjoying the basebuilding in Rimworld more than I enjoy the fights?
I feel like everyone here plays in maximum difficult.
>>
>>187939882
North underrail is sick stuff bro, there's an acid sequence that only makes sense if you're on mushroom brew irl.
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/241300

Card City Nights 2 is out!
I am still in the middle of a long game so I probably buy it later myself.
>>
>>187941308
>>187956494
hype
>>
>>187935598
Saddest attempt to advertise your own game I ever saw.
>>
>>187935598
Do you have a hateboner against Space Fneral?
>>
who /prawnsuit/ here?
I restarted subnautica after the most recent patch and this time when I scanned the prawnsuits I actually got the schematics. Found aerogel, etc, got my suit.

So what the fuck do I do now? And incidentally, where can I find freakin' nuclear reactor fragments? I have a cabinet full of uranium just itching to go critical, but nothing to do with it.
>>
>>187959165
The idea of being stuck in the depth spooks me.

Supposely, once you find a blue artefact, the Leviathan contacts you.
>>
>>187959304
It's spoopy as hell right up to midgame. Once you have a seamoth and a cyclops and some familiarity with the biomes, it's pretty comfy.

Then you start having to go deeper into new biomes and it's back to being spoopy as all fuck.11/10 best horror game.
>>
>>187959489
I have a seamoth. Doesn't keep me from panicking. I never knew I had thalassophobia on top of arachnophobia and whatever the phobia of being out of the game is.
>>
>>187959656
Get the cyclops. Search mushroom forests for fragments. It really makes you feel like NEPTUNE, LORD OF THE OCEAN. (Or possibly, a hermit crab. Being able to take your base with you is nice.)
>>
File: 1468239275099.jpg (2MB, 4376x3800px) Image search: [Google]
1468239275099.jpg
2MB, 4376x3800px
>>187959910
>It really makes you feel like NEPTUNE
But I don't want to be a pudding-starved mememaster. I'd rather be Histoire, floating through the sky, raining death on my enemies, and being small and adorable.
>>
>>187960219
We'll let you bargain up to Posiedon, if you want.

Jesus fuck though, I can't find the research base, and ghost leviathans are ornery as all heck.
>>
>>187961737
>ghost leviathans
These two words shouldn't be the same.
>>
i had a weird dream about Underrail today
>>
>>187959165
Prawn Suits are good for 2 main things:
1. Getting a shitload of resources. Finding big mineral deposits means 6-12 of that resource (depending), plus no randomized "rolling" for resources like with rock outcrops -- what you see is always what you get. Especially useful for things like gold, quartz, and copper.
2. Story. Late/endgame story requires traveling through extreme depths at great danger and the prawn has very, very high armor, heat resistance, and crush resistance. Stick a thermal generator mod in it and never run out of air or power, load up its backpack with several snacks and water bottles for long expeditions. Apparently some people brought the cyclops for these segments but that just blows my fucking mind.

Prawn suits can also safely travel through teleporters but unfortunately this is usually stymied by the fact that they're located in caves that have low passages the suit CAN'T fit through, e.g. the one that goes from the mountain island to the floating island doesn't actually work both ways which sucks ass because it'd save so much travel time in that slow suit.

Incidentally the cyclops feels less and less useful. The scattering of shallows around the map means it's hard to ever go from point A to point B with the cyclops, plus it's slow as fuck, and now it can be destroyed. I used to make the cyclops my home base (more or less) but since they added plant farming, aquariums, water purifiers, and so on, I've rarely ever used my cyclops. Hell it's more an escort for the slow-ass prawn suit than anything, at this point, or for transporting goods between bases.

Also this last playthrough is the first time I built multiple bases and I'm glad I did. I wonder what everyone's favorite spots are. I have to assume the underwater islands with their thermal vents are popular for infinite power.

God I wish you could build your own teleporters.
>>
>>187961737
The lost river is a surprisingly difficult to navigate biome, and there's not one but two such bases there, but one is basically empty and pointless (and needs the orange artifact to access). The bigger, more important one was easier for me to find, because the path leading to it is pretty obviously marked by alien pillars. Just keep looking around and you'll find it.
>>
>I was going to have a drink with Vivian
>and they killed her just like Bogdan, at least without my help this time
How do they even keep their staff in JKK?
>>
>>187962124
You're kidding me.

I've been there twice, brought the cyclops once and I only ever found the one that requires the orange thing, has some nifty but useless scan objects, an ion crystal and a data dump? and never seen the other. Never even noticed alien pillars outside of that.
>>
>>187961862
Well, what are you waiting for? You know you want to tell it.
>>
>>187961947
Is it possible to wander off the edge of the map while looking for where you're supposed to be?
>>
>>187962257
They keep their staff, but what use is keeping industrial spies on board?
>>
>>187962375
Yeah, it's a story link that brings you to the next big point of interest on the way to the endgame (I think it straight up gives you a coordinate location to track, even). The whole area even leads on to an even deeper, more dangerous biome. If you start seeing lava you've gone too far down and missed the base, but remember the location anyway.
Basically just keep heading deeper and deeper, look for paths down that lead to greater depths. There'll be a big, broad cavern full of little mesas, and off to one side, near the northern edge, you'll see a humongous 'tree'. Face the tree from the cavern and turn around -- just search along the opposite wall and when you find what you're looking for, you'll know. Pretty hard to miss it. They'll be marking a path that leads deeper in, towards the base.

Because they're cheap I kinda recommend bringing a handful of beacons, especially to this biome and its various POIs and entrances/exits. I found the place by fucking chance -- I'm actually not sure how you're SUPPOSED to find the lost river in the first place, and with as big as the ocean is and as rare as the entrances are, it seems like something you could just miss completely on a playthrough and never know.

>>187962812
>Is it possible to wander off the edge of the map while looking for where you're supposed to be?
It's pretty easy to tell if you have because the ground drops away FAST into an endless abyss, everything will go this really stark blue/black color, and if you use it, the F1/debug screen will say your current biome is "VOID". Also leviathans start appearing everywhere.
It's fairly easy to avoid, honestly.
>>
>>187963005
Is it all over near the floating island? I've been trying search about 1km sw of the Installation, like the datalog says, but I can't get down to 600 ft much less 800. Except for that Void part...
>>
File: 36ergefdg.png (5KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
36ergefdg.png
5KB, 160x144px
>>187930406
>>
File: qwe1234.png (8KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
qwe1234.png
8KB, 800x720px
>>
File: qwe123.png (8KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
qwe123.png
8KB, 800x720px
>>187963532
>stealing sprites
>>
>>187963320
What, the Lost River? It's near-ish there, yes. You don't want the Grand Reef, though -- I think there IS an entrance in the Grand Reef but it's harder to find and you're more likely to get doubled back into the caverns where the Degasi Seabase is instead.
I'd instead recommend checking the Blood Kelp zones, both of which (I believe) have an entrance. Drop down into one in a prawn suit and stomp around looking for every opportunity to get lower. It won't be long before you find long falls leading to much deeper segments -- sometimes 100-200 meter falls at a time. Bring a beacon so you can mark the entrance when you finally find it. Hit the sparse reef and go NW, that's how I found it.
I got lucky because I built a seabase right at the western edge of the sparse reef, a stone's throw from the border between the dunes, blood kelp zone, grand reef, and floating island. I chose the spot because it was fairly flat and close to many other biomes, ended up building almost right on top of the path to the entrance and even closer to a secret stash.
>>
I feel like a decent map is one of the major things missing from Subnautica. The ocean is fucking huge and it's so easy to miss various points of interest, but even more than that, having a basic spatial understanding of where the biomes all are goes a long way. Even a glimpse at the completely unlabeled biome map on the wiki changed my whole playthrough.

And again I'm not even sure how you're supposed to find the Lost River. The two islands I found find because the game gives you a beacon location right on them but how the fuck am I supposed to find this major plot-vital location, just stumble on it randomly?
>>
>>187963975
My main complain with Subnautica (other than the fact that it's spooky as fuck) is the lack of current and wind. Reallistically speaking, I doubt you would be able to hear anything on the island because there are no mountains or trees to stop the wind, it should blow non stop.
>>
Crag Fields are the worst biome. I didn't even fucking know it existed until I'd already "beaten" the game. It's full of resources (apparently it has every major mineral??) but it's so fucking far out of the way why would anyone ever go there
>>
>>187963798
shit. I could find the degasi base, I could find the lost river and a few big skulls (and one a. base) But that's it. Are the teleporters worth hunting down, powering, and going through?

>>187964191
I think some weather mechanics would make it comfy as fuck, but unfortunately only matter when you were surfaced.
>>
>>187962696
it was really weird
>dream start with me and some bros fishing on that river in front of the hanging rat
>we joke around while drinking some cold mushroom brew
>bro 1 manages to catch something big and asks for help
>me and bro 2 help him out
>turns out he managed to hook a crate full of super steel sheets
>everyone thinking that we are all fucking rich now
>some weird drugged up dude comes out of nowhere and kill us all in a fraction of seconds
>wake up
>>
>>187964293
Even underwater, there's weather. Plus adding currents would make it interesting to build your base in a valley rather than near the surface.
Imagine being in your base, sitting on a bench, watching fishes being dragged away by the current while you're safe in your comfy house.
>>
>>187964293
>Are the teleporters worth hunting down, powering, and going through?
They're worth powering up at least. Most of the connections I never cared about because they feel so crippled. Like yeah, a teleport between the two islands is great, but the teleporter is ON LAND so you can't take the seamoth through it, and it's in a small cavern so you can't fit the prawn suit out anyway, so what's the point? Like what do they expect me to do with some of these, just swim in the open ocean?

>a few big skulls
You were on the right track. Keep following the path onward, keep looking for paths down, and you'll pass by more remains, ribcages, etc. I want to say NE is the main direction you'll be going? Follow the eastern wall and you'll definitely find it, that'll open up the rest of the story.

This is my other big gripe about Subnautica: whether you're exploring the Aurora, looking around the Jelly Shroom caves, following the river, or just exploring the open ocean, there's no way to know "okay, I got everything from this location". And if you miss just one thing you'll probably never think to come back (I sure as fuck would never go back to the Aurora thinking I'd overlooked anything), and as a result you could miss a whole fucking plot point and never know it. You could explore a biome to completion and think "okay done here forever" and not realize you overlooked the one small cave opening that led on to the entire rest of the game.
>>
>>187964191
>My main complain with Subnautica (other than the fact that it's spooky as fuck)
I've never seen a game that's both so spooky AND so comfy at the same time.
Like exploring the caves and the depths, or even just swimming along, looking down, and not being able to see the fucking bottom -- that's terrifying. But then you sit on a cozy bench in your little decorated seabase and look out a window at all the fish and the flora and the little growbed you planted with rare plants and it's so fucking comfy I actually kinda wish I was there.
>>
>>187964880
>Like exploring the caves and the depths, or even just swimming along, looking down, and not being able to see the fucking bottom -- that's terrifying. But then you sit on a cozy bench in your little decorated seabase and look out a window at all the fish and the flora and the little growbed you planted with rare plants and it's so fucking comfy I actually kinda wish I was there.
Mah submariner.
>>
>>187964880
>I've never seen a game that's both so spooky AND so comfy at the same time.
Maybe the Long Dark? It's pretty stressful since you always need food and wood, but when you're sitting by the fire and hearing the wind blowing, it's pretty comfy.

But I admit that Subnautica made me realizes how much I love growing plants in my games.
>>
>>187964880
>>187964938
The cyclops is also comfy as fuck. Even with the lights off.
Making a really hostile, dangerous, scary (but beautiful) world and then giving you a safe, reliable shelter in it is a good fucking recipe.
>>
>>187965070
Indeed. I would enjoy Don't Starve a lot more if I could build a permanent base.
>>
>finish darkwood before full clearing the swamp
>tfw epilogue tells me how the story ended for people I never met
Oops. At least I have an excuse for another playthrough that isn't just to see multiple endings. How many endings are there anyways? I got the radio tower ending.
>>
>>187964415
That actually sounds like just a regular day at Hanging Rat. Fun though.

Last time I had a dream about Underrail it was all about mutants and game mechanics.
>>
>>187962856
Honestly I doubt that she was really a spy. Her dad denounced her and refused her help, so there's no reason for he to pursue more money, JKK pays good money already.
>>187964415
Are you got IN MOTION?
>>
>>187965323
>How many endings are there anyways?
Only two, true and false.

>I got the radio tower ending
Doesn't change the main ending. Beating the dream an the Radio Tower simply allows you to spare the Talking Tree and explore a little before getting to the road.
>>
>>187965762
Oh. Well I'm still going to give it another go to meet the people I missed and fuck up that tree.
>>
File: 1354082802791.png (30KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1354082802791.png
30KB, 150x150px
>>
>>187963005
>I'm actually not sure how you're SUPPOSED to find th
If you're poking around the degasi base, the final audiolog (dropped just off the foundation) is of Paul Degasi and he mentions 'thinking he saw lights below' with his final breaths.

Which is retarded, since your'e surrounded by bioluminescent jellybeans that generate light way off into the darkness below and above, but I interpreted as a sound suggestion to "go down, my son"
>>
Holy fuck hahahaha torchlight 2 dev are such hacks.I didn't expected that.They literally i mean literally makes you play same final stage two times .They didn't even bother fucking hell.After nearly 2 days of marathon i finished it.My first ARPG.If we ignore last stage it was a fine game desu.
>>
>>187969159
What are you talking about? Care to give more details?
>>
>>187969159
The resistance system in Torchlight 2 makes me absolutely livid because of how poorly thought out it is.
>>
File: Torchlight 2 desu.jpg (260KB, 1600x740px) Image search: [Google]
Torchlight 2 desu.jpg
260KB, 1600x740px
>>187969159
Ugggh I always forget to upload image
>>
>>187969338
Oh damn it. I remember someone being very loud about the resistance system, but I can't remember how exactly it's bad, despite the guy nicely explaining. I should reinstall it and finish it for good.
Along Titan Quest, Akaneiro, OFF, Diablo 2...
>>
i just realized that i've completely forgotten the name of the ruskie torrent site i used like twice ever
>>
>>187969494
That was me. Torchlight 2's resistance system is stupid because it is additive instead of percent-based. This means that HP is ALWAYS better than resistances. 100 lightning resist basically means you have 100 more effective HP against attacks that deal lightning damage while 100 HP means that you have 100 more effective HP against everything.
>>
>>187969495
Still looking for that Underrail torrent?
>>
>>187969336
After defeating boss[two boss exactly with same health and same action & powers]] they make you play same final stage[They didn't even bother to place minions and doors randomly they will be exactly same as before]and you've to beat same two boss again.The only difference will be that your character will have more level.That's it
>>
>>187964737
Some kind of automapping (hah, with a 3d game like this?) or at least a world map with labeled regions would be real nice.

Also;
>get to disease research facility
>stage 4 carar
>realize I'm at 850/900 depth on my PRAWN and the thermal facility is another 600 below me
>and my cyclops is at 12% battery
fuuuuck
>>
>>187969790
Yeah, that. I remember now.
I keep forgetting because it's inintuitive as hell.
>>
>>187969871
i mean i wasn't the guy earlier in the thread, i was a guy looking for the same thing several threads back
the comments just reminded me that that site exists and that i actually registered an account on it for
probably porn? it was a while ago
>>
>>187969947
>[two boss exactly with same health and same action & powers]]
Ugh i mean they are same while playing another time the two boss are different themselves with different powers.My fucked up English desu
>>
>>187967751
>Which is retarded, since your'e surrounded by bioluminescent jellybeans that generate light way off into the darkness below and above, but I interpreted as a sound suggestion to "go down, my son"
I did, and even found the shroom caves, explored a bunch, and just never happened upon the seabase. I figured I'd gone through the whole cave, but nope. Turns out I just overlooked it. Thought the note was suggesting the caves exist, never realized I'd missed a major element.
>>
File: loadout1.png (1MB, 1278x718px) Image search: [Google]
loadout1.png
1MB, 1278x718px
does anyone still play this or am i on my own island
>>
>>187971208
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>187971208
Reminds me of Mercenary Kings.
>>
>Stuck at 800 meters in hellish lost river with 1 (one) prawn (60% power) and 1 (one) cyclops w/ fabricator (0% power)
My options are either to: Take the prawn, climb as high as I can, hope I can use the seaglide to just flee straight up, come back with charged energy cells in the seamoth, swim down with seaglide, try and refuel Cyclops

or

take power cell from prawn (abandon prawn) place into cyclops; use power to craft batteries from various equipment into powercells (fully charged) refuel cyclops, get the fuck out and come back with upgrades to hopefully reclaim my prawn.

Either way I'm getting the fucking grappling arm next.
>>
>>187971551
can't you dock the prawn in the cyclops and then extract the power cell
>>
>>187971551
Oh, wait, no silicone rubber, rip dreams. Trying to walk away then.
>>
>>187971551
>>187971632
also yeah the grappling arm is godlike. not only for just getting up when it's a pain to do with only the jump jets, but also for spidermanning your way across the ocean floor
>>
>>187971632
Bay doors don't open without power.
>>
>>187971848
oh, rip
>>
>>187971437
it was almost kinda mainstream at one point but then it fell flat after jew dev team ran with the money, the owner of the company is the only guy who keeps the servers up now b/c not a faggot
>>
>>187972165
That sounds like a really, really sad story.
>>
>>187971551
Making progress on The Great Escape. Had to slap the juvenile ghost leviathan around a bit to get out.

Wait, shit, I guess this is full of spoilers, no picture then.
>>
>>187972305
>implying anything involving vidya is sad
>>
Since we're talking about ARPG, I really like Victor Vran. The story is meh and it's difficult to get immersed in the game when you meet skeletons going the gangnam style, but I like the system.

>>187972435
Well, I have some really good memories of playing games as a kid. Even if 80% of the time I had no idea what was going on.

I remember when I discovered save scumming when playing Dune, I was really happy.
>>
>>187969494
>Along Titan Quest, Akaneiro, OFF, Diablo 2...
I forgot Grim Dawn, Nethack and Dragon's Dogma.

Especially Grim Dawn, I must be close to the end by now.
>>
>>187970061
How the hell did your cyclops get so low?
Just get in your prawn and jump outta that place, bring some cells with you and recharge.
Or hell, build a tiny charging base down there near the lava vents.
>>
>>187971551
60% power is more than enough to just walk/boost out to the open ocean. Come back with proper mods.
>>
The gods blessed me with a duplicate single-shot shotgun in Darkwood. Should I sell it or might it come in handy later?
>>
>>187974110
That's the reusable one, right?
I don't know why you'd need to hold onto it, so sell it I guess.
>>
>>187973397
IDK. I think maybe the dooks have an EMP ability that drains battery, but I'm guessing.

>>187973513
Where do I get the components for all that high-tier shit? I haven't even seen half the ingredients (though at least now I have nickle ore from LR)
>>
>>187974254
>Where do I get the components for all that high-tier shit? I haven't even seen half the ingredients (though at least now I have nickle ore from LR)
The high level depth shit just needs plasteel, right? What exactly are you missing?
>>
>>187969159
I recommend Titan Quest. It's from old times but got a remake to make it run on modern systems and it is what got me into the genre.
>>
>>187974357
Polyaniline, Kyanite, etc?
>>
Damn, there are oddities in gauntlet. Do I really have to be fast or can explore freely? Don't want to miss the only source of xp here.
>>
This is the worst lazy developer spoiler I can remember. Just before the characters were talking about how the door would not be movable at all with everyones combined strenght but walking close shows me that it has a next map trigger. And of course the map shows me an from here unreachable area with 2 chests too. Granted, chests I only see on the map because of an equip but still.
And this is with the game normally stopping you from walking further in paths because it is outside of your study area or you have to talk to some people before.
>>
>>187974632
Kyanite can only be found as large deposits in the biome even past the one you were in, so you'll need to bring a depth-ready prawn with a drill.
Polyaniline is just hydrochloric acid with gold. For the acid, you need Deep Shrooms. You can find them all over the place at lower depths, mostly in blood kelp zones.

Incidentally this is just personal preference but I don't recommend bringing the cyclops at all next time you go in there. On top of all the other problems, there are little lava larvae that will latch onto your vehicles and start draining them of energy.
>>
>>187974727
>Do I really have to be fast
Yes.

>Don't want to miss the only source of xp here.
None of the oddities found in the Gauntlet are exclusive to it.
>>
>>187975163
I explored pretty much majority of core city and still can't find some of those numerous oddities.
>>
>>187975556
The only 2 semi-unique oddires found in the Gauntlet I can think of are Insect Repellent and Cyberetic Module.

Repellent is found in the sewer caves (part of the JKK questline, for other oligarchs the door opens when you finish the warehouse quest).

Cyberetic Module can be found during the last oligarch quest, regardless of which one you joined.
>>
>>187976375
It seems I can explore these first rooms freely, but at the final one you have to be fast.
I was talking about instances of regular oddities, I found tenth core city plans for example.
>>
>see this thread
>decides to replay Grim Dawn
>find my old save
>have no idea what the spells are
>or what I'm supposed to do
>or why I'm not wearing that armor in my smuggler stash
>>
>>187976845
And fifth rat head amulet.
>>
>>187976845
>It seems I can explore these first rooms freely, but at the final one you have to be fast.
No, the timer starts as soon as you enter the Gauntlet. It's possible to be zapped before you even reach the final room if you are really slow.

>I found tenth core city plans for example
Found in Talloski Manor.

>>187976996
> rat head amulet
Found during one of the oligarch quests.
>>
>>187977358
>It's possible to be zapped before you even reach the final room if you are really slow.
Wow. I just spotted other guys in the end for the first time, it seems they had all the keys.
I'm missing 3 more "arena now" schedule, I managed to pickpocket only one from a guy in dropzone.
If these are not random, it's strange that there's no map with all of them.
>>
>>187978005
>I'm missing 3 more "arena now" schedule
Plenty can be found around Upper Underrail.

>If these are not random, it's strange that there's no map with all of them.
I guess no one wanted to bother with making a comprehensive list. I actually wanted to add oddity locations on the wiki but then I realized how much work it would take. Maybe in the future.
>>
>>187978992
>Plenty can be found around Upper Underrail.
Okay, thanks, I haven't explored it yet.
> I actually wanted to add oddity locations on the wiki but then I realized how much work it would take
Please do for some rare ones like loaded dice. If you have time to spare, of course.
>>
File: 1502453859403.gif (446KB, 500x559px) Image search: [Google]
1502453859403.gif
446KB, 500x559px
>>187935598
>the ending is a huge "fuck you" to games like Space Funeral

Then why make a game like Space Funeral?
>>
>let's crime it up!
What the hell lol

(I'm not going to load just to get a screen shot, fu)
>>
>>187979736
satire, I would imagine
>>
File: Bug knight.jpg (52KB, 564x900px) Image search: [Google]
Bug knight.jpg
52KB, 564x900px
>>187980872
>>
>>187979736
Because he wanted to show the same thing could be done much better, but they're lazy sacks of shit?
>>
ys seven is fun as FUCK

who getting ys viii here
>>
>>187981640
I need to play the series from the beginning first.
>supporting sony
>ever
kys cancer
>>
any reason to go into chapter 2? the mobs that literally teleport into your hideout make the only good part of the game (hiding and hoping you don't get discovered at night) pointless
>>
File: Capture.png (17KB, 593x297px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17KB, 593x297px
Well, it's pretty obvious who the last player is.

The team has a wiki page now. It's a work in progress and player positions are not final.
https://implyingrigged.info/wiki//indie/
I'd like ideas on a team motto and nickname.

/indie/ will play /agdg/ on the 16th of September at 20:30 GMT (4:30 pm EST).
>>
>>187982423
You clearly hear them coming at least few seconds before they actually appear next to you, they are completly haramless and defensless a few seconds after digging out and take only 3 pistol shots to kill. I don't see what the problem is.
>>
>>187982852
>I don't see what the problem i
they make a core aspect of the game, barricading and moving furniture pointless?
>>
>>187982954
Same could be said about any enemy capable of destroying barricades and events that can happen inside your room.

Barricades still protect you from savages, huge dogs, human spiders, chompers and banshees, all of which can spawn during nights at hideout 4. Sounds to me like you simply can't adapt to a new enemy type.
>>
Okay, I have been playing Darkwood for a few hours, the free version the devs let out.

If I purchase the game, will I be able to continue my save?
>>
>tfw too retarded to fight chompers in melee
How do I git gud?
Do dream sequence deaths count against you in hard?
>>
>>187982625
>rng dungeon for DD
>not APEX
>>
>>187983758
If you put them in the right save folder I think so, yes.

>>187984092
Sideways dodging is the god strat but it's annoying as fuck to do because your character has myopia or some shit and has a <90 degree field of vision even though humans have over 210 degrees by default, if you include periphery
>>
>>187981640
>sony
>not getting it on pc

???
>>
File: 20170901191810_1.jpg (283KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170901191810_1.jpg
283KB, 1920x1080px
Is it just me, or does this look like a nice map?
>>
>>187985736
I need rimworld mods but I don't know what i want
>>
>>187985926
Sorry m8. I haven't played rimworld
>>
>>187986136
Good thing I didn't mean to quote you then :^)
>>
>>187985736
That's the map I had in my second playthrough. It is an nice map because the hideout is never far away
>>
>>187981358
cute
>>
>>187986452
>tfw it's also my second playthough
I thought the maps were supposed to be random?
>>
>>187986750
I'm sure the minor locations will be different for you, but stuff like the Hideouts, wedding, village entrance should be the same
>>
>>187935598
If you're going to advertise your fucking game, please leave a link so I can play it, asshole.
>>
File: 20170902041532_1.jpg (664KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170902041532_1.jpg
664KB, 1920x1080px
Gross.
>>
File: I am helping.jpg (421KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I am helping.jpg
421KB, 1920x1080px
Fucking tribe
>>
>>187988606
What the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>187988718
Insect farm, was working until these tribal assholes showed up.
>>
>>187988606
What's up with Rimworld? Is it like Dwarf Fortress for casuals?
>>
Any tips for night survival in dark wood?
>>
>>187989283
Find the safest room in your hideout, bring a weapon, put your back against the wall and pray. If you have scrap to spare, blocking weak points with bear traps works well. This is good enough for the first two hideouts. Nothing worse than a savage with a stick will probably find you, anyway, and they can be taken down easily enough if you play keepaway.
The light is your friend.
>>
>>187989449
Okay cool, thanks. question: if my generator is turned on, but no lights are on, does it still consume gas? And does having one light on consume the same amount of gas as all of them?

Also, are some things attracted to light? Should I always have them all on
>>
>>187935598
Pretentious is an adjective that better describes the people who surround weird and offbeat works of media, not the works themselves.

Granted, the level of fan pretentiousness does vary from game to game. I can see why some people might think OFF is a pretentious game because there plot is essentially buried under very obtuse dialogue. That said, OFF on its own merits is still delightful and has a cool soundtrack.
>>
>>187988606
The lifted Prison Architect style bothers me to no end.
>>
>>187989630
Yeah. In my experience, I believe the generator consumes the same amount of gas as long as it's on. Nothing else matters. If you're trying to save gas, just wait longer to turn it on, but you're saving slivers and playing a dangerous game.
Honestly gas cans are really common and can be bought infinitely from traders for pretty cheap, so I wouldn't sweat it. If you grab every gas can you find (and take the inventory size upgrades early) you'll be just fine -- I had like 6 or more in storage and was frequently selling spares. Nails and boards are likewise all over the place and I've sold whole stacks, plus they're dirt cheap to buy. You'll eventually be rolling in reputation anyway (even if you don't obsessively sell all your extra goods and haul back all the junk for salvage, like I do) so again, I doubt you'll ever run out of gas, even in the early game.

Always leave lights on, but stay away from open windows if you can help it because enemies can peer in, see you, and go on the chase. Sitting in a corner is usually safest for this reason. Always stay watchful.
It can help to drag furniture, I especially found repositioning lamps was useful to help cast light into multiple rooms.
>>
>darkwood
>hiding out during the night
>notice a weird thing pop up on the ground nearby
>walk over
>pick up "?"
>huh, alright
>go back to my corner
>turn around
>there's now a banshee standing right on the weird nest
>it does a quiet shriek and disappears
holy shit that spooped the shit out of me
>>
File: tfw no gun.png (206KB, 802x564px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no gun.png
206KB, 802x564px
Been a while. A friend asked me to draw Fish.
>>
File: [no audio].png (96KB, 384x499px) Image search: [Google]
[no audio].png
96KB, 384x499px
>the fucking baby banshee nest around the radio tower
jesus h christ that was the most tense shit I've played all week
>>
I think I fucking suck at Rimworld
if its not everyone starving to death because my crops have not finished growing its everyone dieing of a heatwave or letting all the meat rot because they spent all day staring at clouds instead of finishing the fucking electronic shit
>>
>>187994441
Learn to manual priorities+Work scheduling
Its not even hard, just manually force them to do things if you need it right away
>>
What do lights being on/off in darkwood actually do aside from keeping ghosts away
>>
>>187996794
That's basically it. Visibility + ghost protection.
>>
>>187998074
>tfw I learned this lesson one night when I accidentally all my gas and had to keep the ghosties away with a lantern
After that night I stopped stressing over whether or not I had gas if I had a lantern in decent condition.
>>
Regarding Darkwood, are hard and nightmare difficulties memes? Is it just for muh epeen? Do I even get an achievement or something out of the ordeal?
>>
>>187999203
Gas is really not that hard to come by.

>>187999757
I dunno about achievements but they're really not fun; I feel the game is more than exciting/punishing enough with death mechanics as it is.
>>
>>187999925
>Gas is really not that hard to come by.
I know, but the night in question was iirc my 2nd night at the swamp and I forgot to turn the generator off in the morning. I had just dumped the only other gas tank I had scavenged into the saw for some barricades when I realized my mistake. I never had any other problems, but it was always nice to know I had a safety net in case I fucked up again.
Will bike man come to the swamp?
>>
>>188000436
He will not. Sorry bro. Only what you can carry, this time.
I wonder if there's a definitive list of best supplies, but I guess just "ammo" would probably top it.
>>
>>187902280
I'm going to have to rework a few because I forgot to take transparency into account
>>
File: mensadventure_03.jpg (56KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
mensadventure_03.jpg
56KB, 400x550px
>>188000772
Oh well
>tfw I didn't think to bring my empty shotgun and had to scavenge/buy the materials all over again
>>
>>187935598
I tried this game (PARMINGULATOR) and I think that it's critical of Space Funeral more as a vehicle to insult its fans rather than to really insult the game or the game's creator. It's very possible to criticize something you like. I actually really like Earthbound, but I think that games inspired by it have exceeded it in terms of engagement and artistry.

You can love something and recognize that it isn't perfect, and it's actually really fun to pick at it a little bit to fuck with obsessive fans.
>>
Starship Theory has a flawed progression system.

The ships you encounter are limited by your "mass", ie. how many tiles your ship occupies. It is extremely easy to build a ship that wrecks everything in its mass class. Once you've done that a few times, it feels lame to keep expanding your ship just to get challenging enemies again.

It's also silly how engines are completely useless on shieldtanked ships. Engines do nothing except increase evasion and the shield bubble always gets hit with no chance to evade.
>>
>>188004673
So basically just build dense and you win?
>>
File: bt4.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bt4.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>187694419
Sorry, I've been offline. Had something come up in the family.

If you still want a suggestion, these could work

>Hit the Birds
>Children of Vurrus
>Willy Milly
>>
>>188004896
It feels more like you need to keep adding huge empty rooms to get into fun fights. There's a short difficulty spike whenever you have expanded your ship's hull considerably but haven't yet made use of the space.
>>
>>187988953
Yes. And it doesn't make your eyes bleed.
>>
>>187999925
>I feel the game is more than exciting/punishing enough with death mechanics as it is.
Death on normal is not punishing at all, it's actually optimal to die instead of fighting during the day to save resources. It might be even optimal to die during an esoecially busy night if the saved resources outweight the lost reputation gain.

That's why normal sucks, death is way too easy to abuse. Hard is the best difficulty, still allows the player to make mistakes but also prevents abuse and forces the player to survive.
>>
>>188008610
>it's actually optimal to die instead of fighting during the day to save resources
what
maybe if you're right at your home base?
>>
>>188008918
No, it's always optimal during the day.

Why would you waste healing items, weapon durabilty and ammo if you can just fucking die, wake up with full HP and get your gear back in a matter of seconds like nothing happened?
>>
>>188009110
Because it's fun to actually try and survive in a survival horror game and I don't need a limited number of lives to actually try and play the game because I'm not autistic?

If you're not even going to try and fight back during the day then what's the point of even picking any non-required items up? Just die during the night to save time and rush every story objective. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't believe you even need a weapon to complete the story.
I don't think anything is stopping you from rushing the whole game by immediately zipping to silent forest, grabbing the key from the well, rushing old woods, have wolfman take you to the house, go to the train, enter the tunnel, rush radio tower, and leave. desu I'm probably forgetting a step somewhere, but you could probably complete the game in 3-4 days or less if you evaded enemies well.
>>
File: ___iSpider.png (339KB, 672x518px) Image search: [Google]
___iSpider.png
339KB, 672x518px
>>187988953
Yeah. And it's actually pleasing on the eyes.
>>
>>188013057
>name-calling
Sorry mate, but he won and you lost.
>>
>>188009110
Because it'll only take a matter of seconds if you die right outside your hideout?
Because time like entertainment is an investment in this game?
Because repairing weapons is dirt cheap?
Because resource management is a fun part of the game?

>>188015519
DASGC.png
>>
File: Scruffy likes what he sees.png (1MB, 725x767px) Image search: [Google]
Scruffy likes what he sees.png
1MB, 725x767px
>>188004930
>If you still want a suggestion, these could work
If we can agree on a player to switch out, sure. Any suggestions on who?
>>
File: fate_B.jpg (178KB, 600x928px) Image search: [Google]
fate_B.jpg
178KB, 600x928px
>>188016915
Fate has a nice ass.
>>
>>187992107
>fire went out
The literal state of Nuclear Throne.
>>
>>188017517
There's no fire in Nuclear Throne.
>>
Dead general.
Dead genre.
Dead everything.
RIP us.
>>
>>188022842
It's not dead until I beat underrail.
Here's another question: how to check shelves in the electrical gauntlet room? Electricity is too fast and these bear traps, it seems without sure step it's impossible.
>>
File: 1501265252073.gif (1MB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1501265252073.gif
1MB, 500x700px
>>188002086
Man, who cares about obsessive fans? thecatamites and the better other devs like him are good because they don't get involved in fan culture at all, beyond their own immediate appreciation for stuff. Do obsessive fans of Space Funeral even exist? It's projection. sqrlyjack is an obsessive fan.
>>
>>188024579
>that .gif
kino
>>
>>188024579
>that cutie samurai
>>
File: 1.png (713KB, 1272x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
713KB, 1272x1432px
>>187869359
Horny bachelors
>>
>>188025876
what
>>
>>188026058
Gives all the guys masturbation schedules. Sam and Sebastian fuck every Saturday. Unfortunately there isn't a mod like this for the bachelorettes.
>>
>>187977358
>No, the timer starts as soon as you enter the Gauntlet. It's possible to be zapped before you even reach the final room if you are really slow.
I tested again, this time I spent a lot of time in labyrinth of doors. And again at final challenge I started with other guys simultaneously.
Maybe I described poorly first time, but it's better to take time and collect keys rather than rush to final challenge.
>>
>>188026201
lmao

And what, you walk in on them masturbating?
>>
>>188027127
Yeah, they all get surprised but say you can stay and watch.
>>
File: superbrothers.jpg (42KB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
superbrothers.jpg
42KB, 720x1000px
How is this.
>>
>>188027334
No idea. I kind of want to play it because it looks fun but I'm so fucking tired of that art style.
>>
>>188027417
>>188027334
I didn't give it a fair chance. There was a place where I hit a dead end with no obvious options... so I walked like 15 minutes back to the starting area. That wasn't the correct thing to do.

Uninstalled!
>>
>>188027334
Not much actual game to it. Writing is somewhat obnoxious. But the art and music are really good. Worth a shot.
>>
>>188027618
I have the same issue quite often. When you're just stuck in a game and don't know where to go.

RIP Paper Mario Stickers.
>>
This is related to Subnautica, honest, but how do you call that uneasiness when you go behind the scenes? Like in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLYGmfzjasY

Because that spooks me.
>>
Coldsteels dub has been very good so far but this little shit is just insultingly high pitched and is destroying my eardrums.
>>
File: Towa_Ruler Trails of Cold Steel .png (451KB, 1079x840px) Image search: [Google]
Towa_Ruler Trails of Cold Steel .png
451KB, 1079x840px
>>188032376
High-pitched voices are a must in every anime game. Which is why I usually turn voices off.

They're still fun to spank, though.
>>
>>188032584
Don't bully the Towa.
>>
>>188024579
>>187979736
Where are the scanlines
>>
>>188032812
I'd rather bully the Millium.
>>
>>188027334
Its supposed to be good but I dropped it over the art 10 minutes in
>>
>>188026259
>I tested again, this time I spent a lot of time in labyrinth of doors. And again at final challenge I started with other guys simultaneously.
I think there are certain thresholds that make you either die before reaching the final room, start at a disadvantage, start simultaneously or reach the final room before other runners. I once managed to reach the lever about 2 minutes before the other runners showed up.

>Maybe I described poorly first time, but it's better to take time and collect keys rather than rush to final challenge.
Yeah, the fights in the final room can take a lot of time.
>>
>>188025876
When will this mod take advantage of the unlocked portrait resolution.
>>
>>188033414
No idea. They say they're not updating it until the 1.3 update for Stardew Valley comes out. I just want them to expand it to include the women or make a mod for the women.
>>
>tfw no Zelda clone indie
>>
>>188027334
Very beautiful worls but retarded looking humans because of the head.
Gameplay is as expected of a mobile originated game but very close to point&click really.
It has a cool main puzzle mechanic that you can cheat or go with the flow of time.
>>
>>188034590
Ittle Dew 1+2
Guardian of Paradise
Anodyne
>>
>>188033296
You're probably right.
Also it seems other runners don't fight, they always start with 4 keys.
>>
>>188034739
I was looking at this Ittle Dew thing

Is it good despite being an android game?
>>
>>188034930
Android?
They are on steam and wiiu and I think both made in unity.
>>
I need this game in my life now. http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/346939-stardew-valley-meets-harry-potter-chucklefishs-new-wizardry-school-rpg
>>
>>188037460
I hope the Wizard is in it.
>>
>>188037609
That'd be a nice touch.
>>
File: 3qq3g.gif (57KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
3qq3g.gif
57KB, 800x720px
>>
Are there any good dating sims that are actually dating sims? I'm tired of mislabeled visual novels. I have HuniePop already.
>>
File: dvav.gif (261KB, 303x333px) Image search: [Google]
dvav.gif
261KB, 303x333px
>>188037978
>>
>>188037460
>chucklefish
Hahaha fuck you.
>>
>>188038113
Almost all the suff from Forkhead.
>>
>>188038235
Forkhead?
>>
File: 20170902093623_1.jpg (325KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170902093623_1.jpg
325KB, 1920x1080px
Well now what?
>>
>>188039206
Panic?
>>
File: 20170902041703_1.jpg (662KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170902041703_1.jpg
662KB, 1920x1080px
>>188039206
Same question, different situation. I killed that thingy, and now what do I do?
>>
>>188044218
You take a moment to remind yourself that you were killing goblins 3 hours before.
>>
>>188044523
>3 hours before
More like 25 hours before. But seriously, what do I do? The quest to recover what's-his-face from the Abyss is not activated, is that a bug?
>>
>>188044218
What game? That quest panel feels familiar
>>
>>188045154
Grim Dawn, sorry.

Quest panel is pretty standard, TERA has a similar one.
>>
>>188045154
Grim Dawn
>>
More like grim yawn lmao
>>
File: 1503535449738.png (1KB, 192x128px) Image search: [Google]
1503535449738.png
1KB, 192x128px
>>
Alright, I need a hand here.

I'm playing Rimworld, and my computer had to shut down for unrelated reasons while Rimworld was open. It was running fine beforehand, zero issues, nothing at all. Now, once it's reopened, it was freezeing on Rimworld every time I opened it. I deleted it, cleared mods, and reinstalled. I checked it three times without mods, ran just fine. I went and got my mods, and they downloaded, but when I go to manage them in Rimworld itself, it only shows the two I downloaded manually, and all Workshop ones are listed as Downloading, despite not actually downloading at all. I've restarted steam, I've restarted Rimworld, I've restarted the computer. There's no errors, nothing. It just hangs for no reason, and for a seemingly infinite amount of time.
>>
>>188049683
Weird. Have you tried the usual, checking the file integrity, unsususcribing the mods, etc...?
>>
>>188050187
Yep, did that fully.
>>
>>188050328
I'd really like to help, but I'm wise enough to recognize that I'm out of my league. Is that a "borrowed" version? Can you ask on Steam?
>>
>>188049683
Stop blindly relying on crap like Steam for once and learn what actually happens on your compooter.

On Windows, Rimworld stores user data in
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\

Something probably got corrupted while your PC crashed, and that is the only directory the game should write to. Remove the whole rimworld folder, see if the game starts up without it. Restore removed folders/files one by one until you find what's broken.
>>
>>188049683
Delete Rimworld's folder directly, check for files integrity, it'll install everything as good as new.
>>
>>188050770
This is a great example typical idiotic advice you get from computer illiterates. Totally unhelpful and also blatantly false.

Manually deleting the game folder won't even touch the probably corrupted user data, nor will Steam's integrity check.
>>
>>188050593
Nope, fully legit on steam. I've been finangling around with it for half an hour. It JUST now loaded into the main screen, and it's still hanging trying to go to mods themselves.
>>
>>188050658
Also, run it without Steam. Less bloatware interference is always better when troubleshooting. Workshop itself could be fucking it up.
>>
File: GMDPGarth.png (325KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GMDPGarth.png
325KB, 640x480px
>My name is Kitty Horrorshow. You may know me as the creatrix responsible for such abominations as Stygia, Dust City, Chyrza, and Sunset Spirit Steel. I am a game-developer bird-girl witch-poet with worlds within me. I have many strange visions to share with you.
>>
>>188051070
>Manually deleting the game folder won't even touch the probably corrupted user data, nor will Steam's integrity check.
>probably corrupted user data
So you don't have any idea either.
>>
>>188052008
No, I simply don't pretend to have a crystal ball. Suffice to say that is the most likely scenario. Other possible causes are fringe shit in comparison.
>>
>>188052875
Nobody here pretended to be omniscient, yet they all tried to help. You're the only one caring more about insulting people who tried to help than trying to help yourself.
>>
>>188053051
Sorry, but sometimes trying your best is not enough. Shutting the fuck up is way more helpful than spreading misinformation.
>>
>>188053216
So why are you still speaking?
>>
>>188053308
S A V A G E
>>
>>188051667
Literally who and what games?

>$953 per month
Jesus Christ Denton, even these never-heard-of patreon beggers are making more money than third world wageslaves.
>>
>>188053762
Anatomy was pretty good.

https://kittyhorrorshow.itch.io/anatomy
>>
>>188054546
What a nice virus you almost made me download.
>>
>>188056198
What virus?
>>
>>188056506
The virus called page 10.
>>
>>188054546
No thanks, I'm not looking for something like that and kittyhorrowshow's writing/visual style is off-putting to say the least of it.
>>
Wow so all those weird ways the world worked in trails in the sky 3rd actually comes back again in coldsteel. Must be more artifacts around those ancient ruins.
>>
>>188058469
That sounds more like an annoyance than fun.
>>
The GEP gun might be useful.
>>
Don't be a fool... Run...
>>
>>188059204
Just give me the LAM, punk.
>>
>>188059392
Bombs are bad choices for close-range combat.
>>
>>188059432
You've got ten seconds to beat it before I add you to the list of NSF casualties.
>>
fug darkwood is too scary for me
>>
Surely there must be a game that even my depression cant dull.
>>
>>188059524
Since that makes you my new boss, take a long look at Manderley's dead body. Consider it my resignation letter.
>>
Why you people posting deus ex? Did I miss something?
>>
>>188060124
Do you need a reason to quote the best game?
>>
>>188058572
The only one really annoying is the vanish imo since it removes all your mp when you get hit by it or takes enemies off the field you could damage in aoe if you hit with it. The rest can be played around just fine on the timeline, especially with the empede quartz in this that puts a delay effect on your attacks.
>>
>>188060587
By the way, who's Towa and why does she get spanked? Why else and not another girl?
>>
>>188060374
Yeah, usually you reference something when it's relevant to current discussion, that's why I was confused.
>>
>>187875330
Obviously this can be optimized. The best solution, the one that would take overall less time, would still be what I suggested.
>>
>>188060124
So I can post Unreal Revolution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBOZ9bfcXhk
>>
>>188054546
>http://www.playboy.com/articles/fear-and-loading-anatomy-body-horror
Sounds interesting
>>
OH SHIT DUDE NOT THE FLUTE

>>188060725
Towa is a 2nd year and the student council president. She is realyl hard working and sweet and I can't see the connection to that fanart other than fetish insert.
>>
File: the_glen_by_medori-dblsg0r.jpg (183KB, 800x558px) Image search: [Google]
the_glen_by_medori-dblsg0r.jpg
183KB, 800x558px
hey /indie/ how you holding up?
>>
>>188062207
Much less dead than it was throughout August.
>>
>>188062203
That's weird, usually, for that kind of picture, people pick unsufferable brats.
>>
File: an ancient evil awakens.jpg (12KB, 239x239px) Image search: [Google]
an ancient evil awakens.jpg
12KB, 239x239px
>>188063785
Guy is nicknamed G. The flute only awoke an ancient giant spider so it is far better than what I thought he would do from the flute user in trails in the sky.
>>
File: rimworld base.jpg (286KB, 1600x849px) Image search: [Google]
rimworld base.jpg
286KB, 1600x849px
r8

I started with just one guy and no supplies, but I rolled high growing, melee, and mining on my first guy.
>>
>>188065156
dorf with gui/10
>>
>>188065156
Build tiles over your power conduits. Ideally, you should build walls, but otherwise it's not bad.
Your sunlamp is not used to its full potential, though.
>>
reminding y'all that we're still in need of a team motto and a nickname >>187982625
>>
>>188065156
Build your power conduits under/into walls. They make rooms uglier if you don't. Also, airlocks. Make airlocks.
>>
>>188065626
I vote "Better to /indie/ than be killed".
>>
>>187982625
>tumblr rancher
Who let the /pol/turds pick names?
>>
File: ____Spider size.png (5KB, 151x100px) Image search: [Google]
____Spider size.png
5KB, 151x100px
>>188064126
>ancient giant spider
Tell me more.

>>188065626
I vote for "Still not dead" and the team nickname being Husi.

>>188065156
Build airlocks.
Build a roof over your dumping zone.
Build floor tiles over the power cables, or walls at fest.
Click on your sunlamp and click on "form a growing plot" to use it to its full potential.
Build an airlock.
Actually, make a stockpile inside the fortress.
>>
>>188066076
There weren't many contributions. It also only got 1 vote so you should probably not worry abouts it.
>>
File: 1481458930018.gif (60KB, 250x217px) Image search: [Google]
1481458930018.gif
60KB, 250x217px
>radio tower
>wtf are these birdbabbies
>better not touch them
>get to the house at the tower
>thing screams at me
>panic and shoot it
>zergrush.jpg

Welp, now all my ammo is at the tower and I hate life.
>>
Anyone heard of tactical games similar to Jagged Alliance/Silent Storm/7.62 High Calibre that are coming out soon? There really aren't enough in the genre.
>>
>>188068617
Probably 7,62 Hard Life but it's just an expansion to 7,62 High Caliber.
>>
File: 335670_20170902174542_1.png (24KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
335670_20170902174542_1.png
24KB, 1920x1080px
I'm replaying LISA and this time I will be kind to Terry
>>
>>188069143
Are you sure it's LISA and not Jimmy?
>>
>>188068880
I've already tried that but only for 20 minutes so I'll try it again.
>>
>>188069309
Cool. You'll be able to tell me if Hard Life is an expansion of High Caliber or not.
I got the twos here, on /indie/, but they don't run on that toaster.
>>
>>188069964
I know for a fact Hard Life is an expansion, it's a user made mod that got its own game page somehow and is free for everybody who owns High Calibre.
>>
>>188070026
Like Deus Ex : Revision? So I should start with High Caliber?
>>
Is there any reason to spare Cornell and his gang in underrail?
>>
>>188070298
Probably, but make sure to do it with Blue Sun mod, the game is almost unplayable without it. Just go into beta tab for High Calibre and select community_patch_and_bsm
>>
>>188065156
Good map / 10

Post your base again after in-game year or two.
>>
>>188070473
Wait, wait.
So the original game is 7,62 High Caliber. It's the buggy mess that I know about.
The Blue Sun mod makes it playable, but Hard Life is something else entirely, is that right?
>>
>>188070891
Yes, they are two different mods.
>>
File: 20170902192304_1.jpg (611KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170902192304_1.jpg
611KB, 1920x1080px
>new to rimworld
>going well, pretty much kill everything hostile that wanders into the area
>suddenly a pack of manhunting kitties
>send my dudes out to kill them for dat free meat since I assumed they would die quickly
>all my guys miss their shots and the cats proceed to scratch all my dudes unconscious
FUCK
I assumed the cats would be easy to deal with since I handled a herd of Cows and llamas without an injury but they were too smoll and too fast
but now I know to nether fuck with them
>>
>>188060124
He's been doing it for a few weeks, god only knows why. But it's Deus Ex, so it's alright.
>>
>>188071049
You should always have one or two guys with melee weapons.
>>
>>188070468
No. Kill the motherfuckers, they deserve it. This is one situation where being pacifist is retarded.
>>
>>188071156
they were out fetching medicine from a crashed pod when the cats came right on top of them
they never stood a chance
>>
>>188070965
Okay. So "High Caliber" is the vanilla 7,62, the one I saw on https://lparchive.org/762mm/ ?

Nevermind, I checked, he's using the Blue Sun mod.

>>188071049
I swear I'm going to end up writing a tutorial for Rimworld.
>>
>>187874449
>Its completely irrelevant to the subject an AI you could communicate with or play against in a video game.
>what is RL
>>
>>188071325
I just spoiled a bit about faceless and now always think twice before shooting someone.
>>
>>188061578
well done!
>>
File: 20170903081657_1.jpg (266KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170903081657_1.jpg
266KB, 1600x900px
Look at this smug faggot.
>>
>>188061578
>highlightning every item
>constantly holding your hand
>constantly explaining everything
I would drop it after 2 minutes.
>>
>>188061578
>regenerating health
>bloodstains hiding the screen
>enemies that are blind and deaf
I think this is making me sick.
>>
File: 2-capture_001_03102012_225133.jpg (154KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2-capture_001_03102012_225133.jpg
154KB, 800x600px
>>188068617
After you've done with 7.62 you might want to check out it's sequel, Marauder (a/k/a Man of Prey): http://store.steampowered.com/app/289600/Marauder/

While I'm afraid it has more issues than 7.62 (and no Blue Sun mod afaik!), it follows the same recipe and represents the same values as it's predecessor.
>>
>>188073201
I have that too, I fucking hate the mission where there's 50 something unarmed guys breaking into your house and the game lags like hell until you finally mow them all down.
>>
>>188073201
>>188073724
What's that game about?

And what other games have a lot of weapon autism?
>>
>>188051667
Kitty Horrorshow makes good games
>>
>>188034739
anodyne was barely a Zelda experience
>>
>>188072759
What is this?
>>
>>188072759
Oh you got unlockable avatars?
And fuck my previous avatar is the first locked.
>>
>>188074586
An action adventure that makes you go through dungeons, talk with people and do sidequests for them is not like zelda?
>>
>>188074858
Midnight Card Inventory 2 or something.
>>
>>188074858
Card City Nights 2. Came out yesterday.

>>188074889
I just started. I doubt I've unlocked a new avatar unless you get one for owning CCN 1.
>>
File: marauder-closing.png (67KB, 931x716px) Image search: [Google]
marauder-closing.png
67KB, 931x716px
>>188073892
As it has been said, they are JA-like (hardcore) tactical games. You can find a very detailed review / playthrough with a lot of pic here (click the titles on the paper or the Bonus things): https://lparchive.org/Marauder-Man-of-Prey/
>>
>>188075369
Probably by the same guy who did the LP I'm reading right now : https://lparchive.org/762mm/Update%2001/

And I was looking for a FPS, specifically. I really like STALKER, but weapon-wise, it's a bit simple.
>>
>page 10 in 26 minutes
Phew.
>>
File: ___Crying spider.jpg (50KB, 330x294px) Image search: [Google]
___Crying spider.jpg
50KB, 330x294px
When it's not /civ4xg/, it's /indie/ who get on the last pages. I fear going to sleep out of fear that you won't be there when I'll wake up.
I also keeps me from playing Neptunia.
>>
Why wolfman do that to pretty lady

was it hatred of the hunter? envy? or is this some dual persona thing like a werewolf, where the hunter becomes the beast? maybe the skeleton in the hunter's den isn't really the hunter? There's so many possible theories here.

But seriously why'd you eat the pretty lady, bro
That's a little fucked up
>>
File: mIDaIR.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mIDaIR.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
Looks like blue plates are back on the menu boys
>>
>>188077994
Wasn't /feg/ responsible for that bullshit?
>>
>>188066076
Who invited tumblr?
>>
>>188073724
I got past that mission but had to quit shortly after because the bugs became too unbearable. That was a long time ago though on a pirated pre-steam copy. Is the version on steam any different.
>>
*queues porn music*
>>
>>188080469
No, the company that made 7.62 and Marauder is dead unfortunately, no changes will ever be made to the game.
>>
File: unknown.png (489KB, 515x814px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
489KB, 515x814px
>>
>>188080315
/indie/ never talked much about slime rancher. The game had its own thread and when it launched we got less posts about it than we got Niko doing a robot voice.
>>
>>188080536
Man I am looking so forward to playing CCN2 but I have to finish at least this one game I started before buying it.
>>
>tfw lost round 1
it's not fair bros
>>
>>188080165
shazbot!
>>
PRINCE OLIVIER TIME
FUCK YES
>>
>>188072456
Yeah, that's generally not a bad idea. But in this case Cornell and his gang are not much better than the average lurkers you kill without thinking whenever you explore, and it won't bite you in the ass in any way.

I think most of us had the Faceless bit spoiled too. There used to be this bug where if you convinced the mindreader to let Buzzer go it was considered a hostile action. Fun stuff. So anons back in the release threads made sure to warn everyone about it as loudly as possible, because spoiling things was still better than the disappointment this bug caused.
>>
Been playing Pillars. Enjoying it a lot, great game, but could anybody point out where I can get a second fighter? Or at least physical fighter. On my mage, it's been rough having only Eder as my tanky character (Haven't even gotten to Defiance Bay yet)
>>
File: 1407199497615.jpg (19KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1407199497615.jpg
19KB, 366x380px
>>188081786
>controller buttons for a crpg
>>
>>188080708
t. Newfag.
>>
>>188081786
In the expansion town, if you have it. Otherwise you should consider making a custom fighter until you get to Defiance Bay.
>>
>>188079534

he hated humans for believing wolves inferior, and hated the hunter for killing and stuffing wolves. the wolfman stuffed humans as a sick revenge for taxidermy.
>>
File: ezgame.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ezgame.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
game is way too easy once you figure out how to play it, at this point im trying to rush the ending. big dressers block all light and aren't moved by poltergeist events. enemies never wander in before 6-7 and I kill them easily. centipedes get instagibbed by the shotty.
>>
>>188082127
He is probably playing the console port.
>>
>>188082201
Learn to speak human language before you hit the Post button.
>>
>>188080708
There was ample slime rancher discussion in Early Access
>>
>>188082538
Shh, don't contradict him, or he'll insult you too. Pretend nobody ever talked about Slime Rancher at all, don't go against his delusions.
>>
>>188082241
It almost seems more like his whole shtick is envious emulation of the hunter (or perhaps 'stealing' his life?) rather than revenge. He's modeling himself after the hunter, doing what he did. Stuffed and mounted trophies, taking his wife (but apparently not knowing what to do with her), etc.
>>
>>188068617
Frozen Synapse 2
You might wanna check out the first Frozen Synapse if you haven't yet. Also Door Kickers is a great tactical game
>>
>>188082715
I can't really suggest Door Kickers to anyone.
The differences between the weapons are minimal, the AI is passive (they mostly stay in place and wait for a flash grenade), and it's short.
It's a nice way to spend a few minutes when you have a sudden bloodlust, but the weapon porn is lacking, even if some mods add fun stuff, like the pulse rifles from Aliens, or slug-shooting shotguns, which is something I always like.

I have heard good thing about Xenonauts, I might check it out.
>>
>modder gets banned for complaining about Slime Rancher on steam forums and says he wont update his custom map mod to the latest release
>turns around and fucking sells the mod for a buck fitty
>scammed people out with a multiplayer mod that will go nowhere
https://satypardus.itch.io/better-build-mod
Why is this allowed
>>
>>188084432
Maybe if Slime Rancher devs weren't complete asshats locking threads and banning people for no reasons, they wouldn't have such issues.
You can only be a SJW cuck so far before people get fed up with your bullshit.
>>
File: Hang in there, buddy.png (2MB, 1601x899px) Image search: [Google]
Hang in there, buddy.png
2MB, 1601x899px
>>188083314
Xenonauts has a very strong cold war atmosphere and a better air game than XCOM. However, there isn't much variety mid-late game so missions can start to lose their appeal and become a chore.
>>
>>188083314
I understand your criticism towards Door Kickers and that's tue.
But I wanna note that the game gets more difficult and diverse at the later levels. For example you get robbery in progress scenarios where the enemy is equiped with body armor, high caliber weapons and is trying to escape from you
>>
>>188060124
Yo, /inde/ is now "Indie and AAA and Misc. Games General.
>>
>>188072759
Oh shit it already released?
>>
>>188084919
I'll be frank, if there are enough guns and enough ayys to murder, I'll be happy.

>>188084937
Woops.
I, um, seem to have completely forgotten about the missions. There is a small chance of me only playing the random killhouses to satisfy my bloodlust, and thus being unaware that there were different kind of tangos.
So my review may be a bit unfair.
>>
>>188081112
>LISA: The Hollow
lol what
>>
>>188074382
If you're not just being a funnyman, recommend one.
>>
>>188085218
yeah nigga
sadly it got lost to my mom's eyes from nuclear thronehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXo2ubjbxDo
>>
>>188085574
well KHS' best work is Anatomy but that costs money

Most people love CHYRZA
>>
>>188086103
>got the link fucked up
simply eric
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXo2ubjbxDo
>>
File: 20170903092335_1.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903092335_1.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
>>188085146
Came out yesterday.
>>
>>188024579
You sure seem like an obsessive fan to damage control Space Funeral so hard

It's a shit game and you're only proving this game right
>>
>>188087191
sheeeeeit
>>
>that vidya you are following since 2013 and it still doesn't get a release
What's her name, /indie/?
>>
>>188090147
If we're talking about release from early access hell then spess clangineers
>>
>>188090147
Bannerlord
soonâ„¢
>>
Is Stranded Deep ever going to be good or am I only dreaming that another game could reach Subnautica levels?
Is ARK worth playing now or even less so than before?
>>
>>188092086
I dunno about ARK. I got it because a friend insisted, but I don't understand it one bit. I keep getting rekt by everything, my weapons break constantly, I always respawn in the middle of nowhere, and I keep pooping loudly whenever I try to sneak.

I tried to play online once, I accidentally took a crap in someone else's house, he was furious and he killed me. I did better in Rimworld and Subnautica for comparaison.
And fuck thatches.
>>
>>188090147
despera
>>
>>188090147
Aurora?
>>
why the fuck did i give the wolf the key
wolfman i thought you were cool bro
why

why this
>>
>>188096946
Don't believe the Wolfman. He's good to you, but a major dickhead to everyone else.
>>
>>188097138
I mean I gave him the key so I'm pretty aware of that fact by now
I just wish I had been sooner
>>
>>188097223
To be fair, he does hide his intention. You couldn't know.
>>
>>188097326
I thought it was some romeo and juliet shit, you know? Like he loved the pretty lady who was so clearly monstrous and deformed but the lady was kept locked away by her sister so they couldn't see each other

i'm so naive
>>
>7.62 has an option letting you unfold a shotgun
>unfolding it gives you bonus to aimed shots but a malus to hips shot
It's almost useless but I really love these details in games.
>>
>>188098038
That's the Musician's story.
>>
>>188098038
>help the wolfman
>disgusted by the result
>decide to atone by being merciful and good for the rest of the playthrough
>spare the doctor

i made the wrong choices for the right reasons and bumbled my way into being a terrible person
if the game devs were watching me do this playthrough they'd think I was schizophrenic or retarded
>>
>>188098108
I wonder how long it will be before a similar game is made, if ever. I probably would have put hundreds of hours into that game if it weren't so buggy.
>>
>>188098501
Probably a lot, given that :
1) it's a very niche genre, with not a lot of customers,
2) it requires a lot of auti- I mean work to make it good, since it's the kind of game that caters to weaponfus.
Just learning about it, but apparently you can combine duct tape and magazines to reload faster.
>>
>>187982625
>>188016915
Turn /indie/ is dead, long live /indie/ into the motto to make way for Karbonic.
>>
Darkwood question: How long is Chapter 2 compared to Chapter 1? I assume a lot shorter? Because I enjoy the game but I'm kinda running out of patience and nearly ready for it to be over at this point.
>>
>>188098823
Yeah, you drag two magazines together to make a double mag as long as you have duct tape in your inventory. I think the disadvantage is that a full reload with both mags empty takes longer, same with any heavier mag like drums. Also if you like 7.62 you might like Silent Storm, it doesn't have the weapon autism of 7.62 but it has destructible environments which is pretty cool.
>>
>>188099141
I could be wrong, but I think you could actually end chapter 2 your first day there if you're not a complete shitter. If you really want to end it without going through the all the content in the swamp, then the radio tower will set you free
>>
>>188098951
This. It should be a motto, not a player.
>>
>>188090147
Routine
>>
>>188099141
>>188099597
Oh, and to actually answer your question I feel chapter 2 is shorter, though there are many things you can do packed inside that swamp.
>>
File: 72-I3VgE.jpg (260KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
72-I3VgE.jpg
260KB, 1600x1200px
I feel like crying. I need to make this work on my computer.
>>
Is there a console command in Rimworld? I really need some component, I want to spawn some. Or at least spawn ship debris.
>>
SOON

Don't die while I sleep.
>>
>>188100505
Try running it as administrator if you haven't already. I think the game engine has an unfixable memory leak that pisses off the basic security of Windows if you don't do that.
>>
>>188100505
Tickles my retros. I need to play it.

What's that?
>>
Darkwood: What should I bring to the Swamp? I figure a lot of ammo + maybe some nails, planks, and gas? Any other vitals? Do I get to the hideout fairly straightaway or should I keep some inventory slots empty?
I know I can only bring what I can carry so I'm really thinking this one over.
>>
>>188103447
You enter the swamp right inside of the hideout. You can't use bike man so don't bother bringing the bell. Healing items can't hurt, but nails/planks/gas are also a good idea to get your hideout set up as soon as possible for your first night.
A nice friendly tip for the swamp, but may spoil some of your fun: listen closely and watch your feet at night
>>
>>188103447

>What should I bring to the Swamp?
bring the essentials like boards and nails, as well as the obvious guns and ammo.
>Any other vitals?
bring some rags and glass bottles too. don't forget some gas. there are actually quite a few resources in the swamp, you'll mostly be worrying about your first 1-2 days.
>Do I get to the hideout fairly straightaway or should I keep some inventory slots empty?
you spawn in it at 8 am. it'll feel like a clusterfuck at first but you'll find a decent bunker setup if you take the time.

protip: a certain bullshit enemy can spawn literally right under your feet during the night. killing them with a melee weapon is almost impossible so ALWAYS keep a shotgun on you at all times.
>>
File: ccn.png (13KB, 468x427px) Image search: [Google]
ccn.png
13KB, 468x427px
God this screen is so ugly, why don't devs do it in game / at least drop in a splash image. What the hell
>>
>>188104814
>enter/space does nothing (progressing chat, etc)
REEEEEEE
>>
>>188104518
wew, way to spoil the surprise.
>tfw can't melee chompers to save my life but I've actually managed to melee a few of those fuckers to death
>>
>>188105170

even knowing about it it was a heart attack inducing surprise. you'd need a youtube video to be fully prepared for those fuckers.

>I've actually managed to melee a few of those fuckers to death

fuckin how? I tried once and it felt like he could just melee me from fucking anywhere at light speed. I just swap to shotty and kill them on sight, not worth the hassle.
>>
>>188104814

those menu windows are often really really easy to make and many times already pre-built into whatever engine they're making.
>>
>>188105502
I got lucky a few times with a fully charged axe swing when they pop up and some follow up axe middle mouse attacks while trying to sidestep. The cost in medical supplies is not worth saving that shotgun shell or pistol mag imo.
>>
>>188105558
Oh, I know. That particular one is Unity.

I meant to say why do they find it acceptable?

First thing you see when loading their game is an ugly setting menu...
>>
>>188104245
>>188104518
Thanks for the tips.

>>188105170
I already knew about 'em due to earlier thread chatter.
I'm actually pretty decent at melee, and can get chompers pretty reliably now. Especially now that I fucking FINALLY have my axe. Going from a shovel (without the damage upgrade) to an axe (WITH the damage upgrade) is fucking bonkers. Two hits on a chomper, one on a huge dog? I'm in heaven. Hell last night I killed a banshee before it could scream. Good shit.

I'm almost wondering if I should even bother bringing my pistol at this point. I've got entire wardrobes full of ammo for it and I don't even use a single magazine a day. With this axe I seriously wonder if I'll need to.
I don't have a shotgun yet (should I? I'm stockpiling ammo but the one shot doesn't appeal to me that much) and I've got the hunting rifle with a stack of 10 ammo but I worry it'll be "too good to use" territory. It feels like it is already.

Will I have to worry about Reputation or will the trader's rep carry over? I've got like 4,500 reputation saved up even after buying all his ammo, wires, and mushrooms daily for a good while now. I don't know if he will visit in the swamp or if I have to start running a new tab. If I do I'll bring over lots of gun parts to sell or something.
>>
>>188100505
Have you tried running it in WinXP compatible mode already?
>>
>>188106603
You're probably going to want your pistol. Some enemies in the swamp, for instance centipedes (the bullshit ground surprise enemies), are at best annoying to deal with in melee.

The shotgun, even the one shot, is great. iirc it can 1-shot chompers at close range and it has pure sex for the audio.

I'm not trying to tell you how to play, just go with what feels right. Personally I was shooting a lot more in the swamp than I was in chapter 1, though I still never had an issue with ammo. You can always buy more gun parts and ammo in the swamp if you feel other supplies are more important than your guns.
The swamp has a different morning trader npc, your rep does not carry over
>>
File: inv.jpg (111KB, 598x588px) Image search: [Google]
inv.jpg
111KB, 598x588px
>>188106603
It was my initial plan to bring this (the inventory on the left) but it occurs to me it's really fucking stupid to have saved my non-rotting hallucinogens all this time just to get the next x4 oven bonus, because i'm 90% sure I'm on my final dose anyway
Might as well free up those slots at the very least
>>
Does Darkwood's "toy" (toy rocket) have any use?
I assume not.
>>
>>188107462
Looks decent to me, though I personally would have another stack of pistol ammo.

I'm curious, why are you bringing empty bottles instead of alcohol that you can use as is or empty later for empty bottles?
>>
>>188108183
Yeah, I ended up swapping the cookables for more handgun ammo, the empty bottles for full, and I brought 4 gun parts to trade for starter cash.
Thanks for all the tips guys
Wish me luck
>>
>>188106603

I never shot once in chapter 1 and the thought of going gunless in chapter 2 horrifies me. bring a gun.
>>
>>188108337
Good luck anon, may the forest treat you kindly.
>>
Where are the saves located for the torrent version of Darkwood? I'm thinking of getting the steam version and need to know where to look to transfer.
>>
>>188109134
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Acid Wizard Studio\Darkwood
>>
No, I won't let you.
>>
Does dying in a dream segment in darkwood use up a life in hard difficulty?
>>
>>188113486

no
>>
>>188113837
alright, thanks anon.
>>
File: 20170903095442_1.jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903095442_1.jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
SPOOKED
>>
Resolve: deal 1 damage.
>>
>>188114585
Placement: deal 1 damage.
>>
>>188114821
oh shitttttttttt
>>
File: DHv42QVWAAADi-l.jpg orig.jpg (95KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
DHv42QVWAAADi-l.jpg orig.jpg
95KB, 1200x720px
>>188102708

Lady Zeppelin a best
>>
>>188051667
Fuck this pretentious tranny with a rake.
>>
File: 20170903182256_1.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903182256_1.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
How the fuck do you beat this guy?
>>
>>188081460
>But in this case Cornell and his gang are not much better than the average lurkers
JKK needs information from them though, so you can't shoot them on sight probably.
>>
>>188103272
7.62 high calibre.
I liked brigade E5 mor though, it wasn't that cartoony.
>>
File: screenshot_1280_960_SZVa0aL.jpg (319KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_1280_960_SZVa0aL.jpg
319KB, 1280x960px
>>188121240
Also better interface, which doesn't cover half of screen.
>>
File: a4CVG.jpg (106KB, 525x1216px) Image search: [Google]
a4CVG.jpg
106KB, 525x1216px
>start second game of darkwood
>tfw the layout of the 2nd hideout is rotated 90 degrees from how it was my first playthrough
This is going to take some getting used to
>>
File: NUTTTTS.png (272KB, 1085x849px) Image search: [Google]
NUTTTTS.png
272KB, 1085x849px
Heh, missed it the first time (loaded to test something out).

"Aim high, Alex" -advice from champion.
>>
>>188119996
When you name your character, you need to name it "Nobody".
Case sensitive by the way.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 460x243px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 460x243px
>>188082341

>big dressers aren't moved by poltergeist events

What? They sure are in my game...
>>
What's with the cloud of red shit appearing at your feet at hideout 2? I've only seen it twice, and both times were at hideout 2 when I was hiding in the generator room. It just seems so random compared to everything else.
>>
>>188127061
Its the game asking you nicely to move your ass and stop camping.
>>
>>188103272
7,62 High Caliber with the Blue Sun fix.
It looks like weapon porn at its finest.

>>188103161
>>188107310
It'll try that.
>>
>>188079534
It's even more fucked up because he's actually angry at you if you kill her.

That means he wanted her alive. So he either wated to kill her personally, eat her alive, or even possibly rape her, or all of those at the same time
>>
>>188096946
Who cares about some mutated bitch, he gave you a cool rifle. Don't be ungrateful.

She would die in the true ending anyways
>>
>>188099141
If you explore everything, it's probably about as big as the slient forest and old woods combined, minus the village. The Swamp is pretty big and packed with locations.
>>
>>188105170
I still can't melee huge dogs with a shovel. They hit too fast.
>>
>>188127061
I interpret it as a part of the floor gore that is able to withstand the protective gas.
>>
>>188099141
I spent 10 days out of 25 in the Swamp alone, and i missed a few things.
>>
>>188127458
B-but I thought I was suppose to take shelter inside barricaded rooms?
>>188130232
makes sense I guess. The gas bottle did say it wasn't 100% effective.
>>
>>188130106
just circle them at a close-medium distance and shovel them after they miss a lunge.
Are there any enemies that benefit from actually using the dodge button? I've never actually used it in combat.
>>
>>188121471
>when you lost your Staff Weapon but still want to help the StarGate-1
>>
What do people think of Card City Nights 2 so far?

Personally it's a bit lackluster for a sequel, but I still had some fun with it. Haven't checked what online is like yet.
Does anyone want to battle
>>
File: tumblr_ovhc9fh1nR1u16erso1_raw.png (112KB, 608x478px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovhc9fh1nR1u16erso1_raw.png
112KB, 608x478px
>>
>>188136016
I haven't bought it yet.
>>
File: averagenightathideout3.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
averagenightathideout3.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
This was tense, but in the end I didn't even have to fire the shotgun and didn't get hit at all.
>>
File: rimworld base 2.jpg (301KB, 1594x850px) Image search: [Google]
rimworld base 2.jpg
301KB, 1594x850px
>>188065156
>>188065345
>>188065494
>>188065721
>>188066201
>>188070786

I expanded and rebuilt part of my base. I noticed my animals were dying of starvation in winter so I set up one of my food stockpiles in the barn. All my stockpiles are now roofed, and I've built airlocks to the living areas and indoor crop fields. I cleaned up some of my power conduits, which is still a work in progress.

Now that I have a geothermal plant, I'll probably build a freezer and maybe start some hydroponics.

I built a wooden palisade wall, but I'm going to build a more defensible marble wall, now that I've learned why boomrats are called boomrats...
>>
>>188141050
I always like seeing Rimworld pictures. There's something satisfying with the graphisms.
>>
>>188034225
Is that the multiplayer update? Will I really have to wait this long for new mods and Farmhand?
>>
File: 11.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>188144961
>Is that the multiplayer update?
I assume so.

>Will I really have to wait this long for new mods and Farmhand?
>Farmhand
>Not using SMAPI
>>
>>188075052
>An action adventure that makes you go a through dungeon, talk with no people and gain new powers is not like Metroid?
No
>>
>>188145842
Damn it took you a whole day to come up with that very bad rebutal.
>>
>>188141050
>Chad
>>
>>188141050
>egg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEDJFjAD6kY
>>
>>188147062
You need augmentations to fix the Dent on that car
>>
>>188147261
Given the videos, I fear what that guy would do with augments (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CWZZZ0-3UU).

Even through it get repetitive quickly, I like when he roars, it's pretty hilarious.
>>
>>188146250
>there is only one poster on indie other than you
The Zelda experience is subjective even to the developers
From my point of view Anodyne does not deliver
>>
>>188147062
Just like that episode of McGyver
>>
>>188147984
There's no episode like that.
>>
>>188039206
I eventually got it out by going far away so that it was unloaded and then coming back and jiggling it.
>>
File: 1455769637874.png (22KB, 550x528px) Image search: [Google]
1455769637874.png
22KB, 550x528px
>>188147261
>>
>>188099309
Oh, like in the Terminator movie?
>>
Could anyone explain Rimworld's combat to me?
>guy get hit by one arrow
>downed instantly
>enemy raider takes three arrows
>takes a beer in the face to bring him down.
>>
>>188140381

does hideout3 randomize? I don't recognize that place at all
>>
>>188154093
Rooms are randomly rotated each playthrough, but the general layout (way rooms are connected, doorways, cracks in the walls, etc.) stay the same
>>
File: 335670_20170903132707_1.png (30KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
335670_20170903132707_1.png
30KB, 1920x1080px
gonna get my ass kicked, that's for sure
>>
File: fege.gif (118KB, 443x410px) Image search: [Google]
fege.gif
118KB, 443x410px
>>
File: manga spider.png (50KB, 362x340px) Image search: [Google]
manga spider.png
50KB, 362x340px
bloody manga spiders
>>
File: ___spider is sad.png (981KB, 613x918px) Image search: [Google]
___spider is sad.png
981KB, 613x918px
>>188160469
Aaaaw, shesh.
>>
old men
are the future!
>>
File: Punching Noire's lover.jpg (270KB, 1126x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Punching Noire's lover.jpg
270KB, 1126x1600px
>>188162971
Noire, get off /indie/.
>>
>>188163373
DESPERATE
>>
>>188164740
What a slut.
>>
>>188164961
your turn
>>
DIE
INDIE
DIE
>>
Does anyone know what to do with chickens in Slime Rancher? I put a hen and rooster in a pen but I see no new chicks. What do they eat? Veggies and fruits just got and I can't find feed or seed anywhere.
>>
>>188166383
They eat automatically, but there are several kind of hens, make sure it's a good one. Rocky hens can't breed with non-rocky roosters.
>>
>>188165725
I'm too young for you.
>>
>>188166809
our electronic old men and their 'flexibility' has allowed us to make progress in the mythical city on the hill
>>
>>188161381
>>188160469
where do you guys read spider comic
I go to kakarot or some shit. ch 19 is the latest right?
>>
>>188167740
Kissmanga, and yeah, 19 is the lastest.
>>
>>188167965
Fuck me it is made so slow.

Feels like I waited months and only 2 chapters are put out.

Is MxM indie now?
>>
>>188168097
MxM?
>>
>>188168598
>>MxM?
good moba/diabloclone that died so it has a low playerbase
>>
>>188141050
>2 years in
>no defenses
>literally none
>not evem a single defensive emplacement or trap or turret
>easy sapper breach point in northwest
>geothermal is indefensible target for sappers/stragglers
wtf does everybody play on basebuilder
i dont like this
>>
>>188169037
Like Grim Dawn?
>>
>>188141050
Also, a single short circuit event in a bad place will cut off your power for days while you dig up and fix that entombed power conduit. It's great that you can follow advice, but don't take it too literally and apply common sense. And what if you need to repair the geothermal plant during any kind of event ranging from manhunter packs to toxic fallout?
>>
>>188169114
>Grim Dawn
I haven't played that but it's controlled with wasd (you can use mouse).

PvE is Diablo2
PvP is faster paced hots/league
You can jump over stuff too and jungle/basic monsters have things you can dodge.

It's good but dying atm.
>>
>>188168097
isn't mxm developed by, like, ncsoft? i only know anything about it because they took the single worst character from wildstar and put him in
>>
File: 1474713183265.png (506KB, 1211x925px) Image search: [Google]
1474713183265.png
506KB, 1211x925px
>>188169319
>>
>>188169091
It's my first time playing. Considering two of my colonists died due to a roof cave-in and one was killed by a boar (gods, he was strong back then), I'm taking it easy for my first base.

>>188169319
I didn't know the conduits themselves can short-circuit. I thought only the batteries would explode (which is why I relocated them to a cave).
>>
What shield emitter is better - efficient or amplified?
>>
>>188174947
Efficient 99.9% of the time.
>>
>>188175254
I think so too, amplified is better for evasive characters with light armor in theory, but this type of shields has way too low capacity, it's not really balanced in my opinion.
>>
>>188174947
Amplified is actually only really good if you are going up against a specific sniper and need to survive for one turn, no more. Efficient is the best you can get for everything else.

>>188175483
It really isn't. Styg recently talked about wanting to tweak the system once he has some time exactly because of this.
>>
>>188176495
Also 2xLow Frequency is no-brainer.
>>
>>188174701
Don't worry about my ramblings.
It's just that I don't often see mountainous maps being played, despite them being closest to the DF feel and the easiest to defend by far.

Another thing that's disappointing to me is that almost no advanced rimworld players post on /vg/, never get to see any cool or impressive creations. It's practically always first timers learning the basics and building the same indefensible bases.

Feels like everyone quits after their first colony ;__;
>>
>>188175483
As >>188176495 said, the 0.01% I was talking about is against sniper crits that would otherwise 1-shot and even then efficent could be enough.
>>
>>188176682
Yeah, although I'm not crying myself to sleep if I can only find very high quality high/medium either.
>>
>>188176989
Mixing them is viable option too, right?
>>
>>188177081
Sure, mixed is usually what I end up with. I don't like playing the merchant patience game, so good enough is good enough.
>>
>homemade pistols and shotguns in Darkwood are loaded when you make them
I started buying metal pipes from the Trader to save ammo, feels like cheating.
>>
>the best looking shield combination is amplified medium

It's an injustice, I tell you.
>>
Who has frames of highest quality, oculus trader? I crafted my guns at rail crossing last time, with 105 or so frames from Blaine.
>>
stealth+dodge/evade+minimal crafting or maximal crafting + HEAVY METAL
>>
>>188178280
100~130 is about the best you'll get from a trader. Constantine, Hanna, Fraser and whatshisname from Praetorian are the more reliable sources.
>>
>>188178280
>Who has frames of highest quality
Seems like all major traders are about the same when it comes to frames. Gun Trader in Core City, Blaine, Oculus, Institute, etc.

>>188178673
Min-maxing wise, stealth and mobility beat heavy armor by a long shot and crafting beats anything you can find in the game with only a few exceptions.
>>
File: 20170903233930_1.jpg (620KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170903233930_1.jpg
620KB, 1920x1080px
40 scraps? Seriously?
>>
>>188180615
Does that game get any better as you progress?

I usually like diabloclones, but Grim Dawn just felt dull. I played through the first chapter or whatever it was called (the area right of the first town, iirc) and got bored.
>>
>>188181625
Honestly, I find all Diabloclones really dull.
I keep reinstalling Torchlight but I never make it past level 15 because it feels boring.

With Grim Dawn, I uninstalled it 3 times before finishing it, and I only kept playing it because I liked the setting, otherwise it turns too quickly into huge numbers wanking.
I have more fun with Victor Vran.
>>
>>188182201
>huge numbers wanking
Well that's precisely what diabloclones are. Grim Dawn's problem is that all the classes and build options are dull, I couldn't find a character I really wanted to play and develop.
>>
>>188182456
I don't really like it. For me, diablo is about having a crapload of spells and trying to use the right one and having a shitload of curses for the necromancer.
With Grim Dawn, I end up being killed in three hits, but I kill most monsters in two, so there's no challenge as soon as I stay focused.
>>
>>188182643
That sounds more like MMORPG design, 40-button skillbars yay.

Character builds in diabloclones end up being more focused with something like 2-8 active main abilities.
>>
>>188183785
Then I guess I played Diablo 2 wrong because I remember having 5 different curses ready.
Then again, curses don't need high levels to be good, that's nice.
>>
>>188183959
Naw, I just misinterpreted what you said. To me "crapload of spells and trying to use the right one" screams huge clunky four-row MMO skillbar with tons of crap and not enough keybindings for everything.

5 curses is within 2-8, which I think is fairly normal for any diabloclone. However characters usually have only one or two main skills they use most of the time.
>>
>>188136016
How far are you in? I'm >>188119996 and still stuck.
>>
>>188184309
Well, yeah. You have your main spells to left click, your second main spell to right click, and the rests are shortcuts.
Once you cursed your enemies, you can't summon skeletons until at least one enemy died.

Not like skeleton were ever useful, unless you dump all your point in them, they become useless very quickly.
>>
File: Game 2010-12-21 16-55-50-25.jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Game 2010-12-21 16-55-50-25.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
>>188184532
You should play Median XL (Diablo II mod) if you want to play a proper summoner necro. So many minions you won't see what's happening on the screen.
>>
>>188185261
I remember trying it back in the days. They managed to make Diablo even more of a pain in the ass to kill. Remember that flame ring that he summoned? Median XL buffed that. It instakilled all my summons and me.
>>
File: Game 2012-03-02 21-58-03-66.jpg (137KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Game 2012-03-02 21-58-03-66.jpg
137KB, 800x600px
>>188185365
Oh yeah, I remember some monsters (mahavamsa iirc) had instagib firenova. It is pretty easy to avoid though, you can always see the nova closing and have time to run away before it pulses back outwards and kills everything.

But who cares about that when you have nuclear weapons?
>>
File: 2015-12-20_00001.jpg (217KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-20_00001.jpg
217KB, 1280x1024px
Any other game like STALKER?
Please don't suggest Metro, I don't like it.

Also, where are the screenshots saved?
>>
>>188188846
For STALKER? Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (...)\screenshots if I recall correctly. As for the recommendation, STALKER has a very distinctive flavour. I'm playing it for a decade and still haven't found any like that.
>>
>>188189782
A shame, I would really like a freeform FPS with the typical Russian amount of foodporn.
>>
>>188188846
Metro would've been great alternative if they didn't fuck it up somewhere halfway through development.

Its early alpha builds were much more stalker-esque. Not only in assets and engine code (recognizable through identical engine bugs) stolen from stalker, but it also had a huge open world. A shame they killed that vision and went for a cinematic rail shooter.
>>
>>188190438
I don't really mind rail shooter (FEAR, Timeshift, Half-Life and Doom are good), but since they're linear, there's some weapon progression that's more or less forced on you. You can't do the entire game with the same weapon that you upgrade.
Meanwhile in Stalker, I picked the first AK-74 that I found, I paid the poor sap in the boat to upgrade it, and now I'm murdering everything with it.
>>
>>188184523
I've finished it.

I don't remember what Dr Strangle did, but I either played my usual lots of bombs and potatoes deck, or I played a fill with my with lots of crap deck.

What is it that you're struggling with?
>>
>>188188846
Open world shooter with rpg elements in a post apocalytpic world and needs a lot of mods to be put into a playable state?
Fallout
>>
File: 20170904095131_1.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170904095131_1.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
Jesus christ, this guy seems fucking awesome to start with
>>
File: 90-GTshi.jpg (225KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
90-GTshi.jpg
225KB, 1600x1200px
For fuck's sake, how maky different AK-47 exist?

>>188191651
Nah, I tried that, it's too much RPG and not enough FPS. It's one of these game where you can empty a few magazines on a monsters without killing it. Just like Oblivion where killing a mob would require ten fucking arrows.

>>188191803
Use http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735106432, seriously. Even if you don't want to pick all your colonist directly, it'll allow you to save good rolls.
>>
File: 562[1].jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
562[1].jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>188191651
>>
>>188191947
There are hundreds of AK-pattern rifles. Shotguns and machine guns too.
>>
>>188192114
I know the AK is an assault rifle. How is that different from a machine gun?
>>
File: 20170904095547_1.jpg (309KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170904095547_1.jpg
309KB, 1920x1080px
>>188191947
I will have to remember to get that mod sometime so I can save good guys and make everyone cannibals so I can go full asshole
Though at least I can remember the seed and location I picked for this world, because my location I picked seems to be fucking Great as well
>>
>>188192405
One of my friend installed the Cthulhu mod, and had a fun time sacrificing prisoners to Dagon.
Fun fact: Dagon is not the giant star spawn, it's just another name for Cthulhu. The giant star spawn is just a slave.
There was also that sick /d/eviant who got a poor woman going through agony only to sacrifice her.

Meanwhile I beat up a timberwolf, capture it, and try to euthanize it, but my pawn are retard and healed it, so it recovered and ate my alpaca.
>>
>>188191947
It's funny as FPS player it is too much rpg and as RPG player it is too much fps.
>>
>>188192215
Machine guns are fully automatic and their role is to provide fire support to a squad. In comparison with assault (or battle) rifles, that implies heavier barrels to survive sustained fire without melting and ammo belts or at least larger magazines.

RPK and PKM are typical AK-pattern machine guns.
>>
>>188192889
I suppose finding the "right" balance is impossible. Especially since there are as many tastes are there are stars in the sky.

>>188192963
So in Die Hard, when John McClane says "I have a machinegun, oh-ho-ho", he's actually incorrect? He has an automatic pistol or a submachine gun instead?
>>
>>188193159
9 out of 10 movies get guns wrong.
>>
File: ak family.jpg (2MB, 2130x4645px) Image search: [Google]
ak family.jpg
2MB, 2130x4645px
Here are some common firearms based on the AK action. Does not include weird shit like finnish cold war era bullpup RK prototypes.
>>
>>188193230
I started paying attention to guns because of Terminator, who got a lot of details right.

And then there's Dogs of War, Predator...

>>188193623
This makes me moist.
>>
>>188193230
That is because hollywood doesn't give a fuck about realism and breeds retards that prefer spectacle.
>>
>>188191651
STALKER doesn't have that many RPG elements and definitely isn't post-apocalyptic.

>>188191947
>how many different AK-47 exist?
Only one. There are dozens if of different AK variants or firearms based on its design though, hundreds if you count every single small variation.

>>188192215
>How is that different from a machine gun?
Assault rifle is selective fire rifle that is chambered in an intermediate cartridge and uses a detachable magazine.

Machine guns are fully automatic, portable or mounted firearms that use either a belt or a magazine, designed for sustained fire.

"sustained fire" is the key difference here. Assault rifles are not designed for that with their smaller magazines and weaker barrels.
>>
>>188194028
So technically speaking, the gatling gun is a mounted assault rifle rather than a machine gun, since it used vertical detachable magazine?
>>
>>188194148
>mounted assault
Don't go full retard.
>>
>>188194148
No, the gatling gun is a gatling gun.
>>
>>188138740
That's some real lame blood on the chainsaw for how decent everything else looks...
>>
>>188194148
No, you misunderstood. Assault rifles use detachable magazines only. Machine guns can use detachable magazines or ammunition belts.

Being designed for sustained fire is the difference. Machine guns are designed to have very high rate of fire, typically 300-1800 rounds per minute, and to be capable of firing even for hours while most assult rifles would overheat in under a minute.

By the way gatling gun isn't a machine gun since it's not fully automatic, it's frequently called its precursor however.
>>
>>188191384
Dr Strangle runs a deck based on clogging the board and slowly doing burn damage. I'm running an aggro deck and it always stalls late game as the board gets more crowded. I suppose making a deck also not based around card chains would do the trick.
>>
>>188194854
Ha, right, I forget that the gatling gun wasn't automatic.

Shit, now I want a game where I can use all of these weapons, and they're all actually useful.
I want to use rifles and carbines for maximum stopped power but minimal rate of fire.
>>
File: holdingak.jpg (557KB, 783x1403px) Image search: [Google]
holdingak.jpg
557KB, 783x1403px
I don't know why but I feel like it is my duty to post this.
>>
Anyone has the mod folder for Deathrattle for A17 Rimworld? Autor is an ass and doesnt want to put a non-steam link.
>>
>>188195002
>Shit, now I want a game where I can use all of these weapons, and they're all actually useful.
I don't think that will ever happen. A lot of firearms are designed to fill very specific types of situations, so specific it would take unrealistic amounts of work to include all of them in a single video game.
>>
>>188180615
That's an endgame dungeon. You'll need a skeleton key IIRC.
>>
>>188196448
Just put varied environnements. If the player is in a building, he'll tend to pick the shotgun.
If he's outside, he'll tend to pick the rifle.

>>188196508
Yeah, damn that. Seems like killing the tentacle monster in the rift isn't the end of the game.
>>
>>188196387
Does http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/ work for Rimworld?
>>
>>188196637
>killing the tentacle monster isn't the end of the game
Well, yeah, you still have two difficulties left to beat. The boss unlocks the next one. If you were playing on Veteran the next shouldn't be too hard.
>>
>>188196852
Difficulty is standard in hack'n'slash, I was referring to beating everything because raising the difficulty.

And there's still that weird port on the world map, in the north, I wonder if it's a secret zone or something.

Oh well, now it's grinding for scraps.
>>
>>188196989
The port is the DLC, I never played it
>>
>>188197058
Ha, good to know. I'm also pleased to see that I'm starving for money in Grim Dawn, usually money is useless, since you get better drop compared to what you can buy or forge.
I still have barely no idea what I'm doing in that fucking game since I have an armor who gives me 132 535 armor but with a lot of other bonuses while the armor I just found gives me 250 000 armor.
>>
>>188197451
http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/gameplay/combat.php#q02
>>
>>188196796
>http://steamworkshopdownloader.com/
Wasnt aware that its a thing, but it looks like it doesnt work for it.
>>
>>188198290
Grim Dawn could benefit from a slower gameplay.
>>
File: 538680_20170904031836_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
538680_20170904031836_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Like 70 hours in and I see a Bracer Guild branch for the first time. It is abandoned after a big fire happened in the capital city, which is something you learned about in TitS 3rd.
It is starting to make sense why you are playing a military in a Bracer franshise. It seems the military in this country wants to st up its own Bracerlike unit that follows the armies command. It is very similar to what was suggested during the Liberal saga. Make army and bracers work together so each can profit from each others strenghts and make up for their shortcomings.
>>
>>188200839
Mmm, so the plot is consistent between the games? That's nice.
>>
File: 20170904113002_1.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170904113002_1.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
This is annoying, this chick has been stuck in bed for like a week now, and it is fucking me over since she is my best builder and the Fail twins who are not stuck in bed keep failing and are slow as fuck doing shit
>>
>>188200948
Yeah tits1-2 were one big plot and 3rd was a lot of extra that also sets up a lot of bridges and material for the new story arc in a neighbouring country. Coldsteel apparently will take a whole 3 titles to finish up it's story.
It's really nice to not have a whole world thrown out after 1-2 games and instead create a colossal world epos that goes into detail even of just normal small people in every place.

Image is when 3rd got into detail how the boss of 2nd got killed off.
>>
>>188201289
Set manual work priorities, with bed rest on 4
Gut worms is just a minor time sink that makes them eat more and sometimes vommit. As it is now you are just being screwed by work priorities.
>>
>>188201519
That sounds nice.
However, that dart sounds useless, you don't need it. Just offer either For Honor or Battletoad to your enemy and watch him get salty.
>>
>>188201519
Those bolts got taken from a massive catastrophe where a massive salt pillar appeared and turned everything it touches and everything the salt it rained touches into salt itself. It took days of the wind carrying the salt across regions for it to slowly shrink to the size of a house and killed thousands.
Apparently the boss of 2nd lived in one of those regions and lost famaily during that godly strike.
>>
>>188201806
Oh, nice, a game that features DarkSydePhil.
>>
>>188201568
literally as soon as she caught the worms the collapsed and needed rescuing and since then she has never left the bed once since being rescued
her shit has the red line thing through everything meaning she cant do anything
>>
File: 20170904114600_1.jpg (440KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170904114600_1.jpg
440KB, 1920x1080px
>>188202480
AND IT FUCKING HAPPENED AGAIN
FUCK WORMS
>>
>>188202480
>>188202787
huh. Maybe worms got made a lot more brutal since I played last or something.
They never used to cause enough pain to cripple your guys.
>>
File: 1496944042779.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496944042779.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
>>188202787
The worm is your friend.
>>
>>187950469
>starting 3 dudes
Basically, nobody over ~55; nobody with serious health problems/impairments; no pyros; and nobody incapable of dumb labor or violence. The starters all need to be self-reliant, because there's a good chance 2/3 of them can end up incapacitated.

>'essential' quality of life mods
EdB Prepare Carefully and Reroll Map can be godsends. They both do exactly what you'd think. You don't have to use them if you want a "purist" run, but you can set up some really amazing scenarios this way. Combined with the scenario editor, you can play things like a squad of soldiers facing daily infestations in the middle of a permanent flashstorm. F U N
>>
>>188204848
>daily infestations
I've wanted to do a sort of Starship Troopers playthrough, a small squad of soldiers with power armor and end-game weapons have to survive daily massive bug invasions and build a ship to get off the planet.
>>
Think I found an exploit in Card City Nights 2.
A Fluffy booster costs 10 coins and gives 8 cards, 3 or more being rare or higher. If you have the maximum allowed copies of all the cards you pull, they can get recycled for 11 coins or more.
Really tedious way to get money but eh.
>>
>>188205582
That's what I was going for. It's fun, but gets out of hand quickly if you don't destroy the hives.

There is a Starship Troopers mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=928992405
I haven't tried it yet, since I've been playing with Zombieland, but it looks promising.
>>
Almost
>>
>>188210373
Almost at bump limit too. Bad timing. GMT very late night / early morning hours are always deader than dead.
>>
did /k/ visit or something
>>
>>188136016
I literally only played 2 matches, but I'm already annoyed by how boring the cards are. Using symbols instead of "does 1 damage". Would have been nice. It's already annoying reading that over and over.
>>
>>188211957
I made one post mentioning 7.62 High Calibre and I guess everybody who played the game before was instantly in the mood to replay it on being reminded.
>>
@
>>
>>188217315
New thread
Thread posts: 754
Thread images: 125

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.