[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Endless, Civilization and 4X Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 684
Thread images: 128

File: ___THEY'RE MULTIPLYING.png (1MB, 1272x861px) Image search: [Google]
___THEY'RE MULTIPLYING.png
1MB, 1272x861px
/rtsg/ /cbg/

Previous Thread: >>187275739

STELLARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1:
pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
>Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5:
www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris
www.gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

ENDLESS SPACE 2
>Official and Unofficial Wiki
wiki.endless-space.com
endless-space-2.wikia.com
>Community Hub
www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors:
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District
>/civ4xg/ steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
>Official short stories:
www.mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WOLRDS : UNIVERSE
https://pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS
>>
Of course it's the spider.

>>187617368
Really new? The new Master of Orion. Absolutely mediocre if you have any experience, but great to get into the genre.
>>
>>187617368
For 4x in general, Civilizations. Either the fourth or the fifth one.
Endless Legend has deeper combat and may scare you, since in typical French fashion, nothing is explained.
>>
File: ___spidercontrol.jpg (148KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
___spidercontrol.jpg
148KB, 650x650px
>>
>>187617290
Oi, cunt, they're totally different, you mongoltard. Just enjoy it and stop being a pansy.
>>
File: zelevas.png (20KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
zelevas.png
20KB, 299x276px
nth for ZELEVAS
>>
>>187617919
Yeah but, enjoy what, the original sin or the prequel, since its a RPG
>>
File: forgot_to_ask_thumb.png (168KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
forgot_to_ask_thumb.png
168KB, 350x350px
>>187618986
>>
>>187618986
The eternal emperor.
>>
>>187619237
This black pilot chick is hawt
>>
>>187618986
is this objectively the best race in ES2? Seems like they're powerful in all regards and get the ball rolling way easier than others.

and really, is industry the only thing that matters in ES2? Like, why would you ever want a ton of food as opposed to a ton of industry? Or any other resource?
>>
>>187619824
They're the only one I enjoying playing so yes
>>
>>187619824
Does a surplus of food even matter? Does it do anything at all?
I'd say that's the reason why the Unfallen are kinda shit, they're all about just growing a bunch of shit while the hummies are all about the industry and the jews are all about jewing. Growing up a population is nice and all, but it's not so useful when you have a glacial colonization rate and make fuckshittons of food anyway.
>>
>>187619985
Increases manpower replenishment
>>
>>187619985
I think excess food is converted into Manpower, which is a crucial resource at times. But funny enough, UE has so much influence that you can just praise the fuck out of every minor civ you find, and getting them on good terms gives you manpower and other benefits anyway.

And growing your population quicker probably doesn't matter when industry can just help you build food-based system improvements faster.
>>
>>187620029
Last time I played the Unfallen that was a horrid fucking disadvantage, though. I was making 1k+ manpower per turn of a total 12k capacity, but I wanted to wipe off all those disgusting fucking cravers off some of my conquered worlds. The only way to do that is either decolonization (which randomly doesn't work sometimes for no goddamn reason) or chaingang them away (for which you oh-so-usefully need to have remaining manpower capacity.) So I had to alternate between infantry and tanks in the military screen for ten fucking minutes just to get a single pop of craver off one world.

Eugenics in ES2 fucking when?
>>
>>187617368
Civilization Revolutions
>>
>>187617448
How is the Vox patch for Civ 5?
>>
>>187620401
Actually, this happened in one of my last playthroughs as UE. I killed off the cravers but a ton of their population is still sitting around. Does Chaingang even let you choose which population dies? How do I get all the cravers to fuck off so they don't deplete the planets they're on?

This really fucked me up because I conquered all 10 of their systems, and their population was all over, there wasn't even the option to just try to send them all off to one planet or anything. Also, they were mixed in with tons of other pops, so I didn't want to evacuate a lot of them.
>>
File: cade.jpg (36KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
cade.jpg
36KB, 600x800px
Is there any Civ 5 mod that removes happiness?
>>
>>187620659
>>187620401
Can't you ship all the bugs to a given planet and then, I dunno, sell it?
>>
>>187620190
Yeah, because manpower is so incredibly useful to a race of pacifists. Pass.

>>187620659
>Does Chaingang even let you choose which population dies?
No, and it's fucky as all hell, but you can kind of control it (unless you are unfallen and have pop growth out the fucking ass). The pop that's supposed to grown next is generally the one that gets chain gang'd. You'll see it on the growth bar, it'll have a -1 in 1 turn.

I also did one thing - convert to system level 2, send the fuckers off to another planet. Doesn't matter if it'll have space for all of them, as long as it has space for three when you send 'em. The ship will just wait outside the system until space becomes available - and the ship will just disappear if you decolonize it right afterwards.
Of course, that'd be great if you could decolonize any system. You can't decolonize some for some nebulous fucking reason. It'd be great if you got any indication anywhere or if ES2 had a wiki worth shit.

I just wish you could turn excess food into something more useful. Use it to boost trade goods or increase trade stats for the system, hell, sell it off to other systems or civs, fucking anything but just manpower.
>>
>>187620857
Well in my case as UE, there were just far too many. I would have to sort and send off cravers to like 4-5 different systems, and then evacuate off all those systems. Even worse, the mechanic to send off pops only works 3 at a time, and i guess you can't send them off to a planet that's already full? I dunno, it's a weird and annoying mechanic.
>>
>>187621027
I skip over almost every food related tech in the tree for every campaign. They really need to think of more ways it can benefit you. Races like Riftborn don't even need it, they just produce their population.

Also what's the point of being a pacifist race in this game? What's the point of the Unfallen? To just sit there through the whole game and do nothing? How do you win? Are you trying to just colonize half the galaxy? But in that case you'd eventually have to fight somebody. Are you supposed to go for economic by allying with everyone and making trade deals? I don't really get their point.

I felt the same way about the Roving Clans in EL. They can't even declare war. It's a mystery to me how anyone could do anything with that race. Same with Unfallen, I don't get what you're supposed to do. In my games with AI, the Unfallen are almost ALWAYS the first to die, and if they don't, they just sit around and do absolutely nothing, eventually just becoming a useless small blob on the map that spams you with messages about how nice you are.
>>
>>187621438
It's at least possible to go tall in ES2 with trade companies. You can very easily get an economic victory that way.
And it's not like the world of ES2 is all that active anyway. Nobody declares wars on eachother, and if they do, they don't really go that far anyway. It's got all that exploration and story and shit, but they kinda forgot to make any special inter-race interactions. I want political scandals. I want corruption. I want big fuckups that end up affecting multiple races at once - the only event that really affects the entire galaxy is the entire Academy line of events, which is kinda nice.
>>
>>187621690
I think trade companies are overpowered and that economic victories are far too easy. I've talked about it with others in the general before and apparently most people play with economy victory off. Even AI Lumeris if left alone can win a slow 450 turn game by turn 200 with economy victory if YOU specifically don't go try to stop them.

However, in most of my games, I somehow always fucking spawn right next to the cravers, so I'm always having some early game fighting and surviving. But after that, you're mostly right, not much happens. I agree with you. I think the AI don't declare war on each other enough. I've seen it a couple times, Horatio and Lumeris almost wipe each other out. But that was just one game. Usually they declare war on me only. And even then, it's easy to get them out of it, and sometimes they're not properly equipped to fight, you just blow up their 2 big stacks and then you sit at war with no activity for 30 turns.

I think teh game has definitely improved recently, where I thought it wasn't even playable a few months ago. I just can't really think of what exactly they need to do to spice it up. Like you said, there's not enough reason to interact. I am not interacting with other races unless I'm killing them.
>>
Synthetic Dawn when fampai
>>
>>187622658
Hopefully never.
>>
>>187622798
I love that there aren't going to be unique ships just because. How fucking lazy are these assholes.
>>
>>187620660
just play without the expansions
>>
>>187622095
It just needs interratial interactions that aren't just war and peace. Diplomacy is lacking in particular, which is kind of sad seeing how technically complex the ES2 AI is. Hell, you can directly hook up to the ES2 game engine in a browser and look at all the AI cores and how they work in real time. They're just a bit too passive in general, and don't have much option outside of that.
>>
>>187619985
Vodyani player here
What is this 'food' you speak of?
>>
>>187619985
Spider player here.
What's food? I just guzzle cum.
>>
>>187621027
There are late game techs in the left and I think right trees that convert surplus food into industry at a pretty substantial rate
They're 5th ring though so it may be too little too late unless you beeline for it
>>
>>187623882
Guess I'm beelining every game, then.

What the shitfuck is with the "overpopulation" penalty anyway? You have absolutely no control over that unless you explicitly go out of your way to microtune the food output of every single one of your colonies. You can't even do any population control, so what the fuck is the point?
>>
>>187623642
this was my, the UE players, original point. I don't think anyone gives a fuck about food. It has barely any use outside of manpower, which is usually not a big deal for me anyway. The advantages for having a larger population than someone else isn't great, especially since they have these overpopulated penalties anyway, why WOULD I want to have a lot of food? I just don't get it.
>>
>>187624039
I mean on the one hand it's certainly frustrating from a player perspective, but on the other in some aspects it's sort of intended to be that way. It adds to the sense that it ain't always easy being a galactic ruler I guess. Like when you conquer craver planets it's like 'alright super, free system' but now you've got a bunch of craver pop that you have to deal with.
I guess it would be nice to at least have the option to go full dictator and genocide civilian populations, but it adds some layer of challenge and counterbalance that you can't for whatever reason and have to find other solutions that won't make your people think you're space hitler.

Or something like that, anyway. Probably overthinking it
>>
File: 20170527181814_1.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170527181814_1.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
>>187622852
> I love that there aren't going to be unique ships just because.
Far be it for me to defend a Swede, but there kinda are going to be unique ships.
Robot players get the robot ship models, which *technically* aren't new models since they've been in the game since 1.0 for the AI Rebellion, but in practice they are new models because no-one's ever seen the AI Rebellion apart from a few spergs like myself who go far, far, far out of our way to trigger it.
>>
>I AM MANY THINGS
>>
>>187626027
I HAVE BEEN MANY THINGS
>>
>>187626027
I HAVE BEEN INSIDE MANY THINGS
>>
So what are the hints that Auriga is one of the lost?

Fuck, the endless universe has so much neat lore, I'd love to run a pnp campaign in the setting
>>
File: dwgraveyard.jpg (706KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dwgraveyard.jpg
706KB, 1920x1080px
Awwwwww yea gimme all dat delicious technology
>>
I wrote over 2000 words of background for a dumb Aurora game with several nations, how do I actually play through it all without giving up right after having designed ships now? Send help.
I always feel like the actual game gets in the way, that's so wrong.
>>
>>187625470
>apart from a few spergs like myself
Was just going to say, I've never seen it, I did not know they had unique ships.
>>
>>187620660
you don't need a mod for that
>>
>>187629301
To every person his/her own way to enjoy the game, you know.

Back in high school, I knew a guy who loved reading game manuals and making plans. He would write down castles for Stronghold, stations for Startopia, and I bet he creamed himself on Supreme Commander.
Yet he barely even played games. He just enjoyed the possibilities more than the actualy game. I called him the "backseat player".
>>
Starting a Stellaris game with all other empires advanced starts, either fanatic xenophobes, devouring swarms or fallen empires. How else can I make the galaxy brutal?
>>
>>187632142
Tap your fingers together, play with a laptop touchpad, with the screen reversed, and have your little sister reading Twilight aloud, while leaving garbage bags in the sun so that it stinks.
NIGHTMARE MODE
>>
>>187632452
Don't you mean "Wiz working on a story update" mode?
Well, you'd need add a few niggers raping his relatives to make it accurate.
>>
>>187632452
I only have a big sister, is that ok?
>>
>>187632621
Then replace Twilight with Fifty Shade of Grey.
>>
>>187632452
I would rather have my sister read Twilight aloud than listen to her talking about her SJW nonsense
>>
>>187632136
I greatly enjoy actually playing Aurora too, but only when I'm playing a single nation. If I make up several, the game dies as soon as I designed ships and SM'd in the first ships.
I've got like like 20 copies of the database with a different game set up in with several nations (and I always autistically arrange flags, ship icons, colors, commander names, themes, ship classifications, etc.), and as many where I actually played the game and sometimes went real far in years (and TN years, not conventional), but with one nation only.
>>
File: db1.jpg (16KB, 316x299px) Image search: [Google]
db1.jpg
16KB, 316x299px
I want a hard sci-fi colony manager/4x where you play as Joseph Goebbels shortly after embarking in 1945 on the dark side of the Moon, building great subsurface cities and preparing for when you ultimately re-emerge in the year 2018.
>>
>>187632621
>No big sister to furiously masturbate to during puberty

I feel like i missed out.
>>
>>187633123
I can't say I understand that, sorry, but sounds to me you want to create an universe.
>>
>>187628294
I played a Broken Lord in a homebrew campaign one of my friends ran once.
>>
>>187628294
Didn't they release an endless tabletop game?
>>
You know what ruins 4x for me? The lack of discovery, exploration, and the unknown.

Take a game of Civ 5. Game starts, and you already know how many players there are and have a general idea of what the map is. Even on random, if you're even a little deligent with scouting you'll have most of the map and every Civ's capital uncovered within the first 50 turns or so.
There's no surprises. Once you meet the 8th civ, you know for a fact that that's it. There's not going to be another continent across the sea or beyond those mountains with another half-dozen fully functional Civs. There's never any big mass of map marked "here there be dragons" or anything like that. It wasn't until very recently, historically speaking, that we knew for a fact what the world looked like and where shit was, yet in 4x we figure it out in the BC years.
So you can't send an exhibition to India and stumble upon the Americas. You can't explore the Dark Continent and all it's mysteries and kingdoms. You can't lead the armies of Macadon out into the unknown, because there isn't any unknown. It really breaks the games for me.

Are there any 4x that deal with this problem? How would you even go about that?
>>
>>187633291
An Iron Sky 4x? I would play it
>>
>>187636592
It sounds like all these problems can be solved by playing the same game with a larger map and more civs.

Also, play older Civ games. It's not uncommon at all to discover another continent around the year 1500, because the map generation produces realistic continent-based worlds.
>>
>>187636592
Play on bigger maps.
>>
>>187620621
Good, improves the game. Calling it a complete overhaul is overselling it, though. Mechanically it's pretty much the same game, besides the different CS interaction and happiness.

If you've poked around on the customization wiki, you've probably heard of all that stuff JFD's made. Colonies and mercenaries and piety and prestige and so on. Well none of that's it Vox. Sorry.
>>
>>187633297
Wtf dude, I only did that like twenty times
>>
>>187637198
>>187637206
Bigger maps solve nothing. You still figure things out about the world way to quickly.
>>
>>187637680
Try vox, 43 civs.
>>
>>187637680
Dunno, don't play pangaea.
I had games of varying degrees of exploration, ranging from can't explore much due to early war, to finding everyone before being able to found WC.
>>
>>187633891
I guess.
Another problem is that designing all these ships' a bit draining on its own, and then doing it several times in a row makes it worse.
>>
>>187635449
Tell me more
>>187635449
Did they now?
>>
>new dlc about robots by Martin "Kill All White Males" Anward

So presumably they aren't really doing anything with the awful boring combat that's like 75% of the gameplay?
>>
>>187639236
There's suppose to be a general combat rebalance when the patch drops, I wouldn't hold out hope of it making combat greatly more interesting though, it's main purpose is to cut down on naked corvette spam and maybe make missiles not complete shit.
>>
>EL "units with remaining moves" button is still bugged
that makes me angry
>>
>>187633297
Play Snow Daze, by CypressZeta.
>>
File: 1485903879033.png (107KB, 610x702px) Image search: [Google]
1485903879033.png
107KB, 610x702px
>>187639236
>>187641467
>I have to pay even more money to get content I was promised at the very beginning
>>
>>187644257
>thinking that changing the numbers associated with corvettes and missiles is 'content'
>>
>>187636592
>how do you stop the player from metagaming
easy, stop playing games
>>
>>187644386
"Functional Game" is content I was promised
>>
>>187645241
You mean more wacky fanatic purifier variants right??
>>
>you can't genocide Cravers in Endless Space 2
Shit game
>>
>>187647645
>when you defeat a faction as Horatio it doesn't respawn the faction as another Horatio faction
shit game indeed
>>
>>187645994
You heard the boss! More memes!
>>
>>187637680
Civ 4 had a terra like map mode. These maps were generated with the "old world" being a continent situated arround the width axis of the world. The "new world" would be a continent situated along the length axis of the world with a narrow stip of land linking to bigger landmasses. There also are some carribean like islands and some bigger islands in an archipelago near the "old world" in the generated map. All civs start on the "old world" continent. I don't know if civ 5 or 6 have this map setting.

I mostly played on this map setting. It is a shame though that the ai rarely releases it's colonial possessions as a new countries and can't into invasions. It is possible to move your capital to the new world and release your old world possesions as a colony.
>>
>>187636592
> You know what ruins 4x for me? The lack of discovery, exploration, and the unknown.

This is why I continue to rage that the inclusion of buildable megastructures in Stellaris was an egregious mistake.

EVEN IF they were mechanically great (and they're not, they're a mechanical shitshow), they're thematically atrocious because they were supposed to be this amazing galactic wonder that's a fantastic boon to discover and that entire civilizations fight and die over in thousand-year wars to possess the crown jewel of the Sagittarius Arm.

And what is it now? "Who cares; wait a couple of hours game-time, I'll build my own"

In general I agree with you though, there desperately needs to be interesting things to discover in Stellaris. The Leviathans were a step in the right direction in this regard, as "living wonders" to discover and potentially confer great boons.
>>
File: birb.jpg (69KB, 634x522px) Image search: [Google]
birb.jpg
69KB, 634x522px
>>187622894
How so? I sometimes play with a friend who claims to not have any dlc and it still has that happiness bullshit on. Which would that be?
>leading to cafe
This captcha is up to something
>>
>>187645994

Somebody tell the real Wiz to fix the damn hyperspace FTL. A speed buff is long due.
>>
>>187653025
It used to be faster, and then he nerfed it because warp and wormhole fags REEEEEEEE'd about it.
>>
>>187653025
haha did you say more flavour text for the new wacky fanatical purifier variants
>>
>>187651924
I agree with this completely. Mega stuctures destroys the lore of fallen empires. They were supposed to be these ancient highly advanced empirese that slowly faded away. But now you can develop the same tech levels just over a century after you develop FTL.

Campaigns should be prolonged in stellaris like the pre FTL mod and have more levels of development of FTL tech with each new level promting a short boom in expansion. So the beginning is a period of slow expansion without meeting any other races. Followed up by possible civil wars depending on how you handle this expansion (kinda like LOGH with the war between earth and her colonies). These wars and their outcome could then have a great influence on how your country is run and what kind of bonusses it has other then the pre selected traits. Maybe there should be more traditions which will atomatically be taken if you choose to go down a certain path and exclude the ones that are the opposite of what you are doing.
>>
>>187654906
>These wars and their outcome could then have a great influence on how your country is run and what kind of bonusses it has other then the pre selected traits.

I agree with this - the nature of your spacefaring civilization should be determined by what you actually find in space.

At the moment it's determined by entirely arbitrary civics, ethics, and traditions choices that anybody can pick at any time for any reason.

Come on, it's a sci-fi game - whether or not I become Masters Of The Psychic Plane should depend on whether or not I discover and set up a habitat orbiting the Eye of Terror, NOT because I picked Spiritualist Ethos in 2200.

This is why Horizon Signal: good; Ascensions: bad.
>>
>>187650325
By not posting in the wrong thread.
>>
Ded
>>
File: 1502457092429.jpg (29KB, 598x384px) Image search: [Google]
1502457092429.jpg
29KB, 598x384px
page 10
>>
>>187662068
Cutest apples ever.
>>
File: ___SUPER MACHO SPIDER.png (440KB, 286x709px) Image search: [Google]
___SUPER MACHO SPIDER.png
440KB, 286x709px
Will it be time to make a new thread?
>>
File: 1502486967102.png (976KB, 1046x779px) Image search: [Google]
1502486967102.png
976KB, 1046x779px
>>187665227
Page 6, there's still hope. Do your part by posting meme empires!
>>
File: 1501940826286.jpg (44KB, 320x420px) Image search: [Google]
1501940826286.jpg
44KB, 320x420px
>>187665706
Why make another Japanese civilization?
>>
File: 1472460299142.gif (4MB, 383x392px) Image search: [Google]
1472460299142.gif
4MB, 383x392px
>tried to be smart in SupCom
>charged early with my UCB
>got killed midgame
>half my building exploded before I could give them to my allies
I'm happy RTS players are chill, otherwise I wouldn't have survived.
>>
File: funguy bio.jpg (392KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
funguy bio.jpg
392KB, 1920x1080px
>>187665706
>>
>>187666713
>funguys
>not shyguys
>>
File: 1488547488285.jpg (24KB, 678x579px) Image search: [Google]
1488547488285.jpg
24KB, 678x579px
>>187666795
not sure you get the joke there matey
>>
File: Space Waifus bio.jpg (181KB, 1032x703px) Image search: [Google]
Space Waifus bio.jpg
181KB, 1032x703px
>>187665706
>>
File: Silk Legion bio.jpg (206KB, 1038x710px) Image search: [Google]
Silk Legion bio.jpg
206KB, 1038x710px
>>187665706
>you must wait 1 minute 30 before posting a duplicate reply
>>
>>187667593
>no trait that increases growth speed when in posesion of domestic servitude slaves
cmon, how hard would it be to mod one with those flags?
>>
>>187667235
Why is degeneracy so fun?
>>
>>187666713
>conservationist
what mod?
>>
File: Outer Gods bio.jpg (376KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Outer Gods bio.jpg
376KB, 1920x1080px
>>187671352
don't remember, some traits mod obviously but this was before civics came out so it'll be obsolete now
>>
Features that should be in stellaris:

>Monarchies should have the option for a ruler to abdicate in favor of their heir after they have ruled for at least 10 years, at the cost of influence. This is so if you have immortal or extremely long-lived rulers you can still change up your government if you're willing to pay.

>Authoritarian empires should be able to control what factions form in their empire by spending influence. When a new faction would form a dialogue pops up with the options to either do nothing and allow the faction to form normally or to spend influence to prevent it. The more pops with the ethos behind the faction there are, the more expensive it is to prevent it from forming.

>Democratic empires should have internal events where factions submit new legislation, which can be vetoed by the player for the cost of influence. These bills would essentially be a forced change in policy for your empire, the policy would depend on which faction, and the veto cost would depend on how numerous that faction is. Allowing the legislation to pass grants the faction a massive influence/happiness boost for a few years.
>>
>>187671240
Because cute anime girls.
>>
>>187673863
But of they add useful features to the game they will have less time to shitpost about blorg bodypillows
>>
>>187673863
>Monarchies should have the option for a ruler to abdicate in favor of their heir after they have ruled for at least 10 years, at the cost of influence. This is so if you have immortal or extremely long-lived rulers you can still change up your government if you're willing to pay.
This would be a useful feature if ruler quality was a major determinant of empire success, as it is in EUIV and to a lesser extent CK2. In Stellaris it's basically nothing.
>Authoritarian empires should be able to control what factions form in their empire by spending influence. When a new faction would form a dialogue pops up with the options to either do nothing and allow the faction to form normally or to spend influence to prevent it. The more pops with the ethos behind the faction there are, the more expensive it is to prevent it from forming.
Tfw the 1.4 faction system is better than the 1.5 faction system
>Democratic empires should have internal events where factions submit new legislation, which can be vetoed by the player for the cost of influence. These bills would essentially be a forced change in policy for your empire, the policy would depend on which faction, and the veto cost would depend on how numerous that faction is. Allowing the legislation to pass grants the faction a massive influence/happiness boost for a few years.
Given that most policies in the policies menu are almost completely fucking do-nothing (first contact protocol? food stockpile?), I do not feel that this would be a particularly noticeable change.
If they did things like "Instantly declare war on Empire Y" or "Break nonaggression pact and rival against Empire Z", then yes, because that actually shakes up the currently glacial diplomatic game.
>>
File: Deep Ones bio 01.jpg (189KB, 1039x703px) Image search: [Google]
Deep Ones bio 01.jpg
189KB, 1039x703px
>>187672550
>>
File: interbreeding.jpg (186KB, 991x636px) Image search: [Google]
interbreeding.jpg
186KB, 991x636px
>>187671240
>>187673954
>>
File: rebel-symbol.jpg (133KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
rebel-symbol.jpg
133KB, 2000x2000px
>>187673863
>>187674412
Faction members that go under 20% happiness should start funding pirates, rebel fleets and armies. Considering 40-60% happiness production as normal then what is "lost" as a penalty for unhappy pop would go into a Rebel and Pirate fund, eventually forming their own breakaway colony/empire where unhappy faction pops would migrate to. They'd buy colony ships and warships out of the accumulated happiness penalties.

I'd love more in depth rebel and pirate mechanics.
>>
File: Anger.jpg (19KB, 300x316px) Image search: [Google]
Anger.jpg
19KB, 300x316px
>>187675050
>monster girls
I really wish I wasn't so autistic.
>>
File: Anything.jpg (396KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Anything.jpg
396KB, 1920x1080px
>>187675050
>>
File: cosmic_horrors.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic_horrors.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
>>187674840
There is a Lovecraft mod
>>
>>187676032
oh neat, might try it out once 1.8 rolls around
>>
>>187675218
In the original dev diaries it describes that your sectors were supposed to become "Sector where the pacifists have support", "Sector where the egalitarians have support", "Sector where the spiritualists have support", etc, and over time it gets worse because the pacifists are attracted to migrate to the pacifist sector, so the ones contrary to your ethics get more and more pissed off, until they explode in rebellion.

It sounded like a great system and I don't understand why they decided to throw the idea in the trash.
>>
>>187672550
found it, "extended traits"
the traits work if you still care
>>
>>187676270
because 90% of players would rater set core sector to infinite before bothering with something that doesn't affects the AI empires, that and vision
played really long games, in the new system all my citizens were happy while every other empires were drowning in unrest, never see a single rebelion
>>
>>187674412
>This would be a useful feature if ruler quality was a major determinant of empire success
Baby steps. This at least makes it extensible so that if/when leaders get an overhaul there's already a mechanic in place that makes monarchies viable. Hence why I put it as "should be in the game already"
>>
File: rude.jpg (145KB, 991x677px) Image search: [Google]
rude.jpg
145KB, 991x677px
DED
>>
File: 1325384199512.gif (1MB, 200x118px) Image search: [Google]
1325384199512.gif
1MB, 200x118px
>>187681492
Holy shit.
>>
>>187654906
basically the game is about 10x too fast
>>
>>187681492
Be sure to salt these slugs.
>>
>>187684016
Or the game is fast at the wrong points.
Like, in the early game, there's too much to do all at once: explore, fix your economy, colonize... you don't even want to be thinking about war. Or, at least, you have more than enough to do that the absence of war doesn't bore you.
But then the midgame comes, all 3 of those strands dry up, and you're left with the slow grind of "Tedious shipbuilding" followed by "Tedious warfare" followed by "Tedious shipbuilding" again.
All the gaming comes at the start and none of it at the middle or end.

So what you get is a game where the FUN bit is 10x too fast, but then it wastes away into an endgame slog that lasts a long time but is nothing other than time.
>>
>guy making custom empires
>limits himself to custom bios in the game creator
>instead of editing 00_prescripted_countries.txt to be able to give them custom dialog and shit
lame
>>
>>187685679
Wish paradox had added more origin choices, like colonial past (Commonwealth of Man -> UN of Earth). Would be fun to play a game where it's only humans, 7 different human colonies rebelling against the Earth hegemony.

I specifically play Commonwealth of Man because they get a custom intro instead of a generic one.
>>
die
>>
File: 20161215163457_1.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161215163457_1.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
I like this modded Hivemind intro more than the vanilla one.
>>
>>187691398
Mod that makes all the Stellaris races into monstergirls/anime girls when?
It'd make the game 100% more enjoyable and also make it the Starbound of 4x games
>>
Have Amplitude mentioned if Unique Planets in ES2 are going to get their own questlines?

Also where do you unlock Virtual Endless Heroes?
>>
>>187691805
> the Starbound of 4X games
I'm not /v/ enough to know what you're implying with this.
>>
>>187691398
>And the higher ones are nothin but a slaves to me
>>
>>187692032
starbound is a /comfy/ game which also attracted a lot of tumblr/reddit

it really is good, especially if you know how to ignore communities and install the white only demetrius mod to soothe my pol jimmies
>>
>>187692376
>comfy
>game
More like $5 million unplayable disaster that is only notable for its growing furry cybering and degenerate scene. It's the penultimate result of ideas guys getting a too successful kikestarter and shitting out an unfinished turd.
>>
>>187692630
so it's the next CoC?
>>
>>187692859
Except CoC is meant to be furry trash. Starbound was supposed to be Terraria except in space. Instead it's a collection of retarded poop jokes and reddit references that can only be made tolerable through excessive modding, and even then it's not playable.
>>
File: vox5.jpg (480KB, 1914x1172px) Image search: [Google]
vox5.jpg
480KB, 1914x1172px
Don't try it, buddy. This is a bad idea.
>>
>>187691992
they dropped heavy hints about auriga having its own quest being something they're seriously considering on G2G
about a week later we noticed the shard of the lost guardian accessory from endless legend, as well as the eyeless one quest saying they worship gods older than the endless, so it's pretty safe to say the quest has to do with auriga being a lost

also, you can only get two virtual endless, both relating to quests; the first is from the craver story quest and is a very formidable admiral, while the second is from a competitive quest where whoever can free him from his prison gets his services
>>
>>187693441
>cravers
but I don't want to play them, they're icky bug slavers
>>
>>187694294
The quest thing bugged out and I somehow got Riftborn Blues part 1 as the Unfallen after I've done their final quest. Didn't do anything with it because I was already in the middle of the overcolonization tantrum spiral and couldn't afford getting another two ice worlds, especially not in the last turns of the game.
>>
>>187692630
the majority of people who bought stardew valley would disagree
>>
>>187694909
How is that in any way related?
>>
>>187694956
>unplayable garbage
>is played and enjoyed by the majority of people
>>
>>187695009
What the fuck are you saying, you retard? If you haven't noticed, Stardew Valley and Starbound are different fucking games, you lobotomized mongoloid.
>>
>>187695095
you might hold a grudge against chuckle"phuck" but he's redeemed himself with stardew valley, it really is a great game
>>
>>187695389
He didn't make it, you double fucktard. He only "published" it. It's made by some completely different fucker, same with Risk of Rain which was made here in /agdg/. The cunt only "published" it, god knows what that even means. I sure as shit haven't seen any advertising for it, nor have I seen any marketing whatsoever. Did he just pay the $100 to get it on steam? No fucking idea.
>>
>>187695389
after you mod the shit art maybe
>>
File: 2017_08_30_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017_08_30_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Guys help me out I've never played this way but I'm sure it'll be fun.
I want to roleplay the Knight from spore space stage:

"Knights are noble warriors that fight for right, not for personal gain. Peace will come to the galaxy only when evil has been vanquished"

Basically conquer anyone and let them live full, happy lives under my empire or at least conquer the assholes or dangers of the universe and constantly fight to liberate, free the galaxy - but still be the good goy.

Help me choose the ethos and species traits plox.
>>
>>187696046
>fun
>playing as a peaceful race in Stellaris
Prepare to have war declared on you for incredibly retarded reasons no matter what you do.
>>
>>187696218
HOW is it PEACEFUL have you even read what I typed lmao.

I said some guys who want to war 24/7 but try to fight for the good cause, always liberate, always force people to stop doing bad shit and conquering some of them especially bad neighbors.
>>
>>187693057
>IGE are you cheating, Anon?
>>
>>187696046
fan. militarist egalitarian

charismatic
strong
slow learners

beacon of liberty (needs democratic - not sure if you want to have a democratic empire)
citizen service
idealistic foundation (instead of beacon of liberty - if you choose something other than democratic)
>>
Does anyone still play Retribution? Community is still active if not toxic
>>
>>187697023
Nah, just never enter the world of mods without it. It isn't safe.
>>
>you niggers are still playing stellaris

what's the best strat for goths and does anyone understand what focus is best for chinese in AoM
>>
>>187618986
>last stage of quest victory as vaulters in EL
>remember this guy
>remember all other shit aswell
>think about what awaits settlers in vast and unforgiving space
>load up autosave 5 turns earlier
>go for wonder victory instead
>>
>>187695501
t. always mad at video games

>>187695495
>i hate people who hire people
>>
>>187617448
>playing civ 6
>have friendship declared with the arabs and indians
>suddenly they declare war on me for no reason

Somehow the diplomacy is even shittier than in previous games.
>>
>>187701740
>Civ 6
DUDE WIFI LMAO
>>
PIGS
>>
PENCIL
>>
COAL MINER'S WIFE
>>
KILIMANJARO
>>
SWEDEN
>>
RAPEFUGEES
>>
Dudes, has anyone ever made a browser script that reads out every new post in a thread with the Microsoft Sam voice as they come?
Because this needs to exist
>>
>>187706671
The thread simulator thing?
>>
>>187706729
Kinda, but as a greasemonkey script or plugin that you can enable for a thread that'll read it out loud as it comes.
>>
>>187699165
>think about what awaits settlers in vast and unforgiving space
Their ship explodes
>>
>>187617448
So when does that Stellaris Machine DLC come out and this general can be alive again for a week or so?
>>
>>187711478
I like the speed of this general. I can make post, have a tea, play a few turns in something, have a nap, go for a walk, and come back to a thread with no new replies.
>>
>>187711831
sometimes I reply to myself just to bump the thread.
>>
>>187711990
Same desu senpai
>>
Dead genre.
>>
>>187714791
Because casuals hate strategy, they can't twitch it and shit talk their opponents.

Nowadays video games are just a way to show off and bully people.
>"hurr durr look at me 360° noscoping parrying that nooblet"
Fucking normies ruining video games.
>>
>>187711831
>I like 4chan circa 2004

Okay.
>>
>>187714791
Not so much of a dead genre as it is that no one cares about CIV 6, CIV 5 is no longer being developed and EL, ES2 and Stellaris don't have any new DLC out right now- but this will change in the next month.

This is what happens when you don't have any new content, with M and B general being a weird exception where people keep posting in order to avoid despairing over the fact that their game is never coming out.
>>
>>187717415
Fuck off Junko. You won't make me despair, Butterlord is coming out.

Just like The Guild 3.
>>
>>187717552
DANGANRONPA 3 SOON WOOOOOOOOH
>>
>>187717641
MORE DANGIT GRANDPA SPANKING ON PIXIV WOOOOT
>>
when will the new stellaris patch drop?
>>
>>187718508
sept 15
>>
>>187718739
source?
>>
>>187718803
What they say on their Patreon, right under the monthly income objective.
>>
>>187718803
my ass
>>
>>187718803
Check the forums
>>
>>187717415
You're right! Even if nobody wants to make 4X games because nobody plays them anymore, that doesn't mean the genre is dead. As long as we have people here to do offtopic blogposts then the 4X genre will never truly die.
>>
>>187720758
>nobody wants to make 4X games
So I suppose Stellaris isn't a 4X then.
>>
>>187720758
>thread being momentarily dead means the entire genre is dead
>>
File: Tetracorp8.png (108KB, 486x261px) Image search: [Google]
Tetracorp8.png
108KB, 486x261px
Heard you fuckers need a good, old 4x.

Glory to Tetracorp. Death to the Mauna and all who trade with them.
>>
>spiderfag OP
>unique IPs drops from over 100 to barely 50
just let it die, someone less autistic can make a new thread later
>>
>>187694416
stuff like riftborn blues aren't faction locked, you get them randomly if you have a unit of the specific major faction's population
there's one or two for every single major faction
>>
File: kandrekutopia.png (1MB, 1039x803px) Image search: [Google]
kandrekutopia.png
1MB, 1039x803px
Post your original empire's most recent incarnation after dlc+mods
>>
File: 1501067290841.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1501067290841.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
Man, since these ES2 big updates the AI is starting to win all the time. They usually make some kind of 3 way alliance with each other and win by Science or Economic. No matter who I ally with, they don't ever actively help enough to make me be able to slow three entire factions down like this.

I'm not really complaining, it's actually pretty cool. I just have to rethink what I'm doing now because ever since these patches I keep getting to the cusp of victory and the AI will snatch it 30 turns before me. I even had to step down from endless difficulty to Impossible and i'm still losing. Kudos I guess.
>>
>>187729364
oh, but Unfallen and Vodyani AI are still retarded. They really need to make them play more effectively. They're usually far behind everyone else and aren't active in their play at all.
>>
>>187722919
Nah, the genre is just dead. Not everyone is as autistic as you to care about dumb stuff like that.
>>
File: 20161203215417_1.jpg (155KB, 368x500px) Image search: [Google]
20161203215417_1.jpg
155KB, 368x500px
>everyone is talking about the new meme game of the year
>meanwhile I'm still playing Red Alert
>>
File: yuri sits with great leader.jpg (53KB, 670x480px) Image search: [Google]
yuri sits with great leader.jpg
53KB, 670x480px
>>187731592
Red Alert 2 is more competitive. It's also got Mental Omega.
>>
>>187732034
I hate 2D isometric games. The ranges always seem fucked in these.
At same depth, I'd rather have an ugly 3D game than a beautiful 2D one.
>>
File: RelicCOH 2017-08-20 21-40-11-47.jpg (245KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
RelicCOH 2017-08-20 21-40-11-47.jpg
245KB, 1440x900px
>>187731592
Being a fan of RTS games is suffering
>>
>>187732465
That fucking game.

It's one of these "looks great on paper but I absolutely suck at it when I try to play it" games.
>>
File: RelicCOH 2017-08-20 21-36-29-17.jpg (183KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
RelicCOH 2017-08-20 21-36-29-17.jpg
183KB, 1440x900px
>>187732665
Too much micro or not realistic enough?
>>
>>187734085
Not my style of gameplay, that's all. I like to play it slow, but Company of Heroes is made to encourage rapid expansion, harassment, and bringing out the tanks quickly.
And while I can do it in Dawn of War, Age of Empires 2 or even SupCom FA, in COH, I always get countered.
>make mass infantry
>eat a mortar shell

>make snipers
>get rushed

>make jeeps to kill the infantry
>ROCKET LAWNCHAIR

>make a fucking tank
>ROCKET LAWNCHAIRS FOR EVERYONE
>>
File: RelicCOH 2017-08-20 15-44-59-89.jpg (141KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
RelicCOH 2017-08-20 15-44-59-89.jpg
141KB, 1440x900px
>>187734474
Thats strange because slow buildup/ turtling is kinda my playstyle too and I manage to win 9 times out of 10 against hard ai
>>
>>187735056
WELL GOOD FOR YOU
GO PLAY IT WITH A ROCKBAND CONTROLLER THEN
>>
File: 1454517579620.png (305KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
1454517579620.png
305KB, 534x486px
>>187734474
>>187735224
>>
File: ClientG 2017-08-26 22-29-58-09.jpg (360KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ClientG 2017-08-26 22-29-58-09.jpg
360KB, 1920x1080px
>>187735224
Calm down dude
>>
>>187735523
Have they improved these? Last time I played them, they were really shallow.
>>
File: ClientG 2017-08-26 22-28-28-87.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ClientG 2017-08-26 22-28-28-87.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
>>187735629
First time playing the 8-bit series games so I cant tell
>>
>>187735846
Well, a few games will let you know. Keep playing.
>>
Only learned it recently, but in Stronghold 2 and Legends, knights are actually stronger than swordsmen.
A bit less in the first and in Crusader, but they're always on horses in these.
>>
>page 10
git rekt
>>
>>187734085
I remember this game being prettier than it is in your screenshot
>>
File: doing a hmm.png (30KB, 694x632px) Image search: [Google]
doing a hmm.png
30KB, 694x632px
>>187712631
>>187711990
>>
>>187699165
Don't worry, they die when the ship explodes after takeoff anyway
>>
File: ClientG 2017-08-30 21-16-08-84.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ClientG 2017-08-30 21-16-08-84.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>>187742361
It is
I just had the graphics turned down after I retried the Blitzkrieg mod which for some reason lags like fuck

>>187736070
Alright
I did the first 2 missions of every faction and a skirmish match
I like it
>>
>>187742823
It's pretty fun, but having only one ressources considerably limit the game's depth. It's more a matter of taking over as many gold mines as you can and then spam units.
>>
>>187742823
Ah good.
>>
File: ClientG 2017-08-30 21-19-20-76.jpg (60KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ClientG 2017-08-30 21-19-20-76.jpg
60KB, 1920x1080px
>>187743000
Yeah I´ve noticed that and it also kinda destroys the balance since the Invasion factions can just spread out while the Armies factions are kinda shackled to the one or two that are around their base
>>
>>187743425
I think you can spam refinery as an army.
>>
File: ClientG 2017-08-26 22-16-42-17.jpg (287KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ClientG 2017-08-26 22-16-42-17.jpg
287KB, 1920x1080px
>>187743572
But you still have to wait for your trucks to get the resources back to the base every time while the Invasion factions just gets a constant income after they put their unit on there
>>
>>187744034
Yeah, but their constant income is a bit slower. Meanwhile others can spam wagons.
>>
File: 1502164556177.png (125KB, 242x285px) Image search: [Google]
1502164556177.png
125KB, 242x285px
>When you build so many megastructures from so many mods that you lose track of which one is which
>>
>>187748247
That wallace works on multiple levels
>>
File: tenor.gif (675KB, 498x292px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
675KB, 498x292px
Do we know what will happen when Robot Hive Minds conquer planets with other robot pops on them?

Automatic inclusion, a la the original Hive Mind?

What about if they were mechanically ascended biologicals, so that they were individuals?
>>
>>187748780
They're adding a borg style assimilate option in 1.8 so maybe.
>>
File: 20170830150405_1.jpg (452KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170830150405_1.jpg
452KB, 1920x1080px
The Space Nazis solved the Enigmatic Fortress. That explains how they got so strong.

I'm going to kill them, take their tech, and subjugate their pops to my Stubborn Hive Mind.
>>
>>187750054
Enjoy
>>
>>187742795
>>187709191
How is that """""""""""victory"""""""""""" then?
>>
>>187750206
>ah yes all of this money will save us when the planet completely dies in a few years
>ah yes all of this territory will save us when the planet completely dies in a few years
>ah yes all of our foes being dead will save us when the planet completely dies in a few years
The only actual victory is Wonder and even then its possible endless trickery makes it not one.
>>
File: 20170830151828_1.jpg (359KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170830151828_1.jpg
359KB, 1920x1080px
>>187750131
Big mistake, Bird Brain.
>>
>>187750206
>>187750381
the fact that OP-BOT survives (we know he does because there was a community contest that would decide what sort of hero skill tree he would have, as well as a recent backstory for him) means that it's also possible for the vaulters to have survived
>>
>>187751448
Most of the backstories were about him being found floating in space though.
>>
>>187751520
the mere fact that he survived the explosion means that other crewmen could have survived as well
>>
>>187751683
opbot is a war robot, vaulters are meat people
>>
>>187751801
I thought he was just a medic.
>>
File: 20170830154000_1.jpg (429KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170830154000_1.jpg
429KB, 1920x1080px
>>187751306
Nationalistic Zeal was a pretty good choice to pair with fanatical purifiers.

Still, welcome to The Xandar, we'll gnaw on you until the genetic modification takes hold.
>>
>>187751801
if opbot was intended to enter combat in his squad, he would be using a gun in-game
he's just a medical bot attached to ken's outfit
>>
File: 1487819557072.jpg (148KB, 491x604px) Image search: [Google]
1487819557072.jpg
148KB, 491x604px
>>187753101
>negative 1075 energy per turn
>>
Is Endless Space 2 still trash?
>>
File: 20170706160120_1.jpg (603KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170706160120_1.jpg
603KB, 1920x1080px
>>187628294
>So what are the hints that Auriga is one of the lost?
Pic related is one of them
>>
>>187756787
no
>>
>>187756787
much better now. Big patches fixed a lot of stupid bugs and the AI actually plays the game.
>>
Why is it in Stellaris that as an Authoritarian empire I can't fully enslave a species, only half enslave them(caste). I could be a xenoplile/Authoritarian and use caste on xenos but I can't enslave them entirely.

Why?
>>
>>187760792
You can fully enslave as authoritarian, what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>187760884
>>
>>187761262
sweden yes
honest answer probably a desperate attempt to give xenophobes something unique
>>
Why are there no good games in this genre planned in the foreseeable future?
>>
>>187764745
>AI War 2
>The Guild 3
>Veil of Crows
>The Guild
>that Victorian game
>"GUISE WHY IS THERE NO MOAR STRATEGY GAMES OR CITY BUILDER"
>>
File: 20170830175256_1.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170830175256_1.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
>>187753629
just won a war, so I had way too many core planets.

Also, shouldn't this combination of traits be illegal?
>>
This next Stellaris patch has me hype because after a full fucking year they're finally making missiles great again.
>>
>>187765312
more importantly, kinetics nerf
>>
>>187764994
I said GOOD games.
>>
>>187765558
Only in the early game which will be surpassed by missiles anyway for their better damage and tracking.
>>
>>187765619
>deciding games are trash before they're out
You're American, aren't you?
>>
>>187765312
>taking Stellaris' balance claims seriously
>>
File: file.png (415KB, 2382x458px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
415KB, 2382x458px
>>187765693
>>
>>187765695
Literally all they needed was a means to retarget and they're getting that.
>>
>>187760792
yeah its bullshit, I just edit it back
my prefered empire to play is authoritarian,materialist,militarist/xenophile
>>187761843
having them being the only one to go full "gas the kikes" when purging instead of just displacement would have been enough
>>
>>187765772
>moving the goalposts
Yep, American.
>>
>>187765917
>moving the goalposts

How does that comic move the goalposts?
>>
>>187766220
Answer the question first.
>>
>>187765772
>he doesn't eat shit
truly pleb
>>
>ITT : an americafat get BTFO
>>
>>187766424
You were asked a REAL question first
>>
>>187770473
>moving the goalpost again
Americans, everyone.
>>
itt: autism
>>
>>187768458
>>187770742
Why do you repeat yourself?
>>
>>187770865
I like the sound of my own voice
>>
File: 1498218072030[1].jpg (56KB, 421x415px) Image search: [Google]
1498218072030[1].jpg
56KB, 421x415px
>>187771017
>>
>>187765695
It's very likely that they'll fuck it up and missiles will become OP, which is fine with me as long as it's not ridiculous.
>>
>>187771575
>Paradox
>screwing up
Oh ye of little faith...
>>
>>187756787
You shouldn't buy it yet if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>187773359
Okay, thank you.
>>
File: stellaris on tablet.webm (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
stellaris on tablet.webm
1MB, 600x338px
reminder
>>
>>187779318
what's this? some shitty windows tablet?
>>
>>187779573
>implying all tablets aren't shitty
>>
>tfw you hit late game Vodyani
>half a dozen brainwashed minor civs
>every turn one of them pumps out a pirate fleet that tries to start shit with your leecher's guard
>can't even enjoy watching combat anymore, just autoresolve everything
>can't even be bothered to evacuate and settle their systems
I did not expect 10-player galaxies to be this exhausting
>>
>>187782315
it's rough. I autoresolve everything late game, otherwise it'd take me days to actually complete a campaign. I was just played UE and had over 12 fleets at 22/22. Too many battles to watch. It was exhausting enough just managing all of them to make sure everyone moved and took some kind of action each turn.
>>
>>187782315
>>187782874
honestly i really do feel like ES2 is just about the best space 4x combat system when it comes to the late game and multiplayer
you have so many fleets and so many battles to get through that actually playing them out would extend the game to a frankly absurd length, but with its current system you can compress fights to a fraction of the time it would otherwise take while still retaining decent tactical input
>>
Are we allowed to talk about Tyranny and the upcoming Bastard's Wound expansion?
>>
File: Tyranny 2016-11-20 16-51-01-23.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranny 2016-11-20 16-51-01-23.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
>>187784315
Why would an rpg be allowed here?
>>
>>187784720
It's Paradox.
>>
>>187784791
This isn't a Paradox general though. Not that I mind, talk about it if you want, we're dead anyway.
>>
>>187784150
I think it's good that you can autoresolve and still be okay. I remember playing Ardent Mages in Endless Legend and late game was a nightmare because I had to actually play out most combat situations because you need to actually cast spells on the battlefield. Really added a fuck ton of time to the playthrough.

I still think the combat is pretty fucking confusing sometimes, I had to do my research to even understand what exactly is going on and how the cards and ranges affect each other. It does feel good when you know what you're doing in certain situations and you beat a way bigger fleet by just setting up your fleets ranges correctly against their's.
>>
>>187784150
>>187785426
I don't play multiplayer, but wouldn't the combat in the multiplayer be way more random? You can't really guess what card your opponent will play, so you kinda just have to guess the correct ranges, right? Or just start making ships that are all 100% efficient at long range and only deploy long?
>>
The last day of the Summer. Where are my fightabommaz, Amplitude?
>>
so if I move the folder out of the steam directory I can use it without steam, and the game would stay in the current version right?
but how do I make the mods from the workshop work? starting from the exe inside the stellaris folder gives me an empy mods list
>>
>>187787579
for whatever reason they mean the end of the seasonal summer? So like September 21st or something. I know, it's stupid.
>>
Is there a roll chart for Endless Space 2?
>>
>>187789574
You can make one, come on, I super-believe in you!
>>
Swedes
>>
Deder than dedth
>>
>>187791504
I don't even have photoshop
>>
>>187794680
do it in paint
>>
>>187791504
>>187795426
if i wasn't about to go to bed i'd fire up GIMP and make one super quick
>>
>>187765005
Probably, but low habitability mutation is random.
>>
Kawaii number robots are fun
But FUCK the epitists that start on your home planet with you for whatever fucking reason holy shit
"Here is all of this food that is utterly useless to you, we will use it to overpopulate with ourselves on your planets, in turn making us grow faster giving nothing but more food"
Just let me be autist robots in peace
>>
>>187797047
Use them as buffer population to get systems up and running, then chain gang them for manpower.
>>
>>187797047
you completely misunderstand the purpose of minor factions as riftborn

since you have to build your population, you'll be at very low population numbers on each of your systems until about midgame; this is an issue, because it means you are always running at very low efficiency compared to what you could have (as pops with worse bonuses are always better than no pops)
however, minor factions solve this issue, as they will grow on their own and fill up your planet slots, ensuring that your systems are running at higher efficiency earlier. the epistis in specific are a match made in heaven for the riftborn, as they provide lots of food on sterile (the planets riftborn like), letting them provide for themselves with no food improvements required, while also providing a small bit of industry so they actually have something to give once they've filled everything up.
hell, they're even objectively useful when it comes time to cull them to make room for riftborn, as every single slot they were working for you means +300 manpower once it comes time to replace them with riftborn - meaning they can save you precious turns that nay have been spent generating manpower
>>
File: gayshit.png (366KB, 1389x779px) Image search: [Google]
gayshit.png
366KB, 1389x779px
>there is nothing more in the portraits files
well I didn't expect shit, but not even the upper arms are fully drawed? lame, wanted to see if x specie had tentacle/wings/claws for arms and shit
fuck it, I give tits to the mammals out of boredom or something
>>
How is civ vi guys?
The normies seems to like it.

I'm not a good player so the AI being kinda bad doesn't bother me. I love city builders so the districts appeal massively to me (rip in pieces /cbg/ ;_;). I also love the new artstyle.
>>
>>187806659
as always, pirate it till all DLCs are out and then decide if what you played is worth the prize and buy the "full/definitive" pack
>>
File: fuck you chabot.jpg (44KB, 350x690px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you chabot.jpg
44KB, 350x690px
>>187806659
Everything about it is fucking shit.
>>
File: 1499857452980.jpg (198KB, 540x914px) Image search: [Google]
1499857452980.jpg
198KB, 540x914px
>>187807003
>that pic
REEEEEE
>>
>>187807003
>le funny inaccurate normie quote
As expected.
>>
>>187807003

I have played the game just a bit when it came out. It was fun.

Every time someone talks shit about it (other than the AI complaints which are justified) is always extremely buttblasted about the quotes. Yes, they are bad. Get over it and stop being autismo prime.
>>
>>187808274
t. Firaxis Defense Force
>>
File: IMG_1083.png (590KB, 1044x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1083.png
590KB, 1044x583px
>>187808794

I'm a pirate, man. I just don't get most of the hate for it.
A lot of it is MUH QUOTES autistic rage.
Who the fuck cares.

I have barely played it so I can't really say.
But it was fun.
>>
>>187810767
Dumb phone-animeposter.
>>
>>187810767
>I didn't play but it was fun
t. not firaxis shill
>>
>>187810767
Dumb phone anime poster who doesn't even play the game he's defending.
>>
>>187810767
>i never played it but it's good
So you're not a shill, you're a retard. It's worse.
>>
>>187810976
>>187811117

>complaining about anime on 4chan

Yep, that's autism.
>>
File: 4b4.gif (920KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
4b4.gif
920KB, 250x250px
>>187811176
>Defending anime
>Saying that other people are autistic
>>
>>187811169

I said I played it you fucktard, just not much.
You guys are no better than /gsg/.
>>
>>187811358
Let me guess, you never visited /gsg/, that's why you're an expert about it.
>>
File: 1484176246036.jpg (91KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484176246036.jpg
91KB, 400x400px
>>187807003
>lets be disingenuous to make the commies look good
>>
Haven't played Stellaris in several months, any major updates recently?

in other words is it still boring
>>
>>187816069
next big update/dlc (synthetic dawn) is a couple weeks away so there hasn't been anything major for a while.

In other words; yes
>>
>>187816529
>synthetic dawn

And I was just about to start a Brotherhood of Steel playthrough, nice
>>
>>187816069
It is still boring and the next patch is not going to make the mid game more interesting by giving new mechanics or linking the exsisting ones in a logical way. Naked corvette is still a thing and will be a thing after the next patch. I do however like the change that leaders will be able to level to 10 and that the core worlds now finally need one ambassador.
>>
>>187817025
>one ambassador

You mean governor?
>>
>>187817025
>core worlds now finally need one ambassador.
jesus this has bugged me since day one, about time.
>>
>>187817128
Governor then. Haven't played in a loooong time. Every race playing more or less the same and the mid game grind just keeps me from starting a new game

>>187817146
I didn't like this as well because it was far more benificial to put your planets in a sector to give them the leader bonusses rather than wasting all your leader slots.
>>
File: 1393445974105.png (202KB, 268x320px) Image search: [Google]
1393445974105.png
202KB, 268x320px
>>187811416
Good one, have a (you).

>>187817025
>>187817128
>>187817146
Like, one governor for all your core planets as if it was a sector, or do you mean it's mandatory to have a governor/core planet now?
>>
>>187818227
Like one govenor for all your core worlds (basically core sector) instead of having one for every core planet separatly.

see
https://forum.paradoxplaza com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-83-%C4%8Capek-feature-roundup-part-1.1040948/
>>
>>187818413
Nice link faggot
>>
>>187818442
protip: add in the missing dot
>>
>>187818551
https://forum.paradoxplaza........com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-83-%C4%8Capek-feature-roundup-part-1.1040948/ doesn't work either.
>>
>>187818635
you're a real comedian aren't you
>>
Lots of bickering retards lately itt. We're not that dead are we?
>>
I spotted a new retard.
>>
>>187818442
>>187818635
So this is what summer is like.
>>
File: c0ea9286308a8a89fa46e48668273eaa.jpg (536KB, 1219x1750px) Image search: [Google]
c0ea9286308a8a89fa46e48668273eaa.jpg
536KB, 1219x1750px
/r/ing the new version of the Star Trek mod for a filthy pirate.
>>
File: maep.png (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maep.png
76KB, 1920x1080px
>>187818871
It is.
I mean, look, the OP even invites rtsg and cbg, still dead.

I should play SC4 again some time soon. Maybe when I'm done with this shit.
>>
>still no release date
Fuck you Wiz.
>>
There's no piracy release of endless space 2 higher than Endless Space 2 Update v1 0 52-CODEX is there?

Is the game even worth playing with the latest patch? I really liked it, but some bugs were simply pissing me off. Not sure what the current state of affairs is.
>>
>>187819621
Yes there is. Search harder.
And it is worth playing. Each patch actually adds and fixes shit, unlike with Stellaris.
>>
>>187818871
The general will spring to life again when new content is released.
>>
>>187819975
>Yes there is. Search harder.
not scene though
http://predb.me/?search=endless+space
>>
>>187819621
>being a filthy, repulsive pirate
This is why RTS are dead.
>>
>>187821561
Yar harr, fiddle me please.

>>187821478
I posted it in the /t/ games thread. Knock yourself out, stud.
>>
>>187818227
I like this picture. Thank-you for introducing it to me.
>>
>>187821561
if Amplitude would finally release their shit on gog I would buy all their games in one fell swoop.

Alas.

Same for stellaris actually.
>>
>>187821962
>I posted it in the /t/ games thread. Knock yourself out, stud.
lacks seeds, but thanks nonetheless
>>
File: 1480253477522.jpg (69KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480253477522.jpg
69KB, 960x960px
>>187822413
nevermind, just took a while to connect, I'm maxed out
>>
yo Civ VI is utter shit with no flavour and I've come to the point I can simulate an entire game of Civ V in my head and gain the same pleasure I get from playing the real thing what do I play now that
a) won't be all about snowballing
b) has a real AI
c) is not shit
thanks
>>
>>187823561
What?
>>
>>187823561
stellaris
>>
>>187823561
no such thing as b)
>>
>ENFER got borken right after the initial patch in Endless Space 2
>hasn't been fixed for four fucking months
For fuck's sake
All I want to do is see how the AI works
>>
File: bluecurves.png (799KB, 898x666px) Image search: [Google]
bluecurves.png
799KB, 898x666px
Jannies are sleeping post /civ4xg/ rule 34
>>
>>187826137
Took me a moment to underqtand, but I like it.
>>
File: 1469653897506.gif (80KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1469653897506.gif
80KB, 350x263px
>>187826137
>>
File: 1312627523451.jpg (10KB, 176x257px) Image search: [Google]
1312627523451.jpg
10KB, 176x257px
>>187823561
you sound like a mong, do you like spiders a lot?
All 4xs have bad ai, make some friends if you cant handle that
all 4xs are about snowballing, complaining about that is like saying you hate that fps games are all about aiming and moving
something being shit or not is opinion. like, my opinion is , you are shit.
>>
>>187784720
This game. This game pissed me off so much with shit like that.

It isn't true.

The game lies to you when it's supposed to be explaining mechanics. Bane have 0 armor. Zero. None. There is literally no other target in the game that is BETTER for physical attacks. The 'spells are effective against them' bit is misleading bullshit. Each Bane straight absorbs one element and takes double from another. Their generic 'spells are effective' is untrue. Also, the game says that Bane do arcane damage which si difficult to defend against.

Except it isn't. There's only I think 2 types of armor that don't resist arcane just as well as any other type. There's a retardedly huge disconnect between mechanics as implimented and mechanics as they were planned when they were writing. And it's stupid. (Also it has the stupidest method of handling additional attack I have ever seen in my life.)

There are pieces of equipment that grant extra attacks on critical hits. Ok, simple enough. Combat in the game is Attack Score+d100 roll-Defense Score. If you beat it by X it's a graze, Y it's a hit, etc. Basically penalties to defense and bonuses to attack=more crits.

The thing is, the game calculates extra hits from crits before it calculates the original hit. And plenty of things debuff on crit. I've seen cases where my extra attack crits, and debuffs the enemy. The problem is, the original attack wouldn't have been a crit without that debuff in the first place. And you can tell the first attack rolled is the extra attack because sometimes the first attack rolled won't crit but the second one rolled will. If the first attack they show was actually the initial attack then there wouldn't be a second attack. Sometimes I think Obsidian has literal monkeys doing their code.
>>
>>187784315
>>187784720
No, this should go to /indie/ instead. Tyranny isn't an indie game, but /indie/ also accepts games without generals. They talked a lot about Age of Decadence earlier.

>>187827479
That's okay, you're a big boy.
>>
> single governor for core sector
Has anyone noticed the problem with this yet ? that this means there is no way for any governors to gain any experience ever?
>>
Would it be possible to get a species with every positive trait by constantly resettling meta species to low hab planets until they mutated?
>>
>>187828903
They gain exp managing sectors. When you have 12 to 15 core worlds, you dont care aboutbpetty shit like that.
>>
>>187826137
I like endless space and endless space 2 so much for the flavor and how it lets you zoom in on individual planets even though it serves no gameplay purpose
I'll get lost thinking about what it would be like living in a system with two or three Terran type planets, knowing that that light you're looking up at at night has someone of your race, maybe even a friend or relative, looking back at you, and that the technology is there if you wanted to take a vacation to go visit them. At later tech levels, even the idea of commuting between planets daily for work.
I always make sure to slow down and make up little stories about my populations in them after every new tech and major improvement or anything really, and it immensely heightens the experience.
>>
>>187830017
Imagine living on a Vodyani Ark with enough improvements on it to facilitate an entirely system's infrastructure.
I wonder what an Ark's command deck looks like.
>>
>>187830017
That's why it's hard to play as the Riftborn, Cravers or Unfallen for me
They're hard to get into the mindset of. Which is good though from a design standpoint, it means they're serving the role of feeling truly alien.
The other races are similar enough to humanity that I can put myself in their mindset or at least feel like I can.
>>
>>187753101

M8. Change some species rights to battle thralls so you lower their energy production penalties (assuming you are enslaving several pops).

Energy negative or mineral negative fleets drop their strength considerably. drop some research stations/buildings, put solar panels on starports and upgrade all the power buildings on planets along with the one that gives 10% boost on every one.
>>
>>187830806
>>187753101

lel, nvm. He didnt even created sectors. Wtf lol.
>>
>>187830935
What a scrub.
>>
I fucking adore Civ 6's bgm
>>
>>187836759
Does civ 6 have tracks of real classical music and gregorian chant like civ 4? I haven't played 5, I'm only familiar with 3 and 4.
>>
I'm playing my nigga William at Deity for the first time. I've "wasted" 1 turn to look for the sea (and a better spot).
I did find the sea, but at the same time the spot is utter shit, but with a fuckton of fish and pearls, but nothing else except garbage marshes and a Gold hill.
Can this start let me survive until those fish tiles are actually worked and improved to be good or will i get fucked before that because of this shit start?
>inb4 spam polders
The place is ideal for that, but i'd have to reach the technology first, only to be raped in the ass before those polders become something more than a glorified farm.
>>
>>187830556
You'd think people that play 4x would have no problem identifying with Riftborn.
>>
how do people play EU4 or CK2? By make believing in their head all the shit they're doing? I just don't get it, there's no "winning" or progressing it feels like
>>
>>187837450
>these swamps
You'll have a hard time producing anything.
>>
>>187838264
Play one game and then post about it on /gsg/.
>>
>>187838723
so is the enjoyment just having one tiny amusing story of your game to tell everyone? Because that's what that general seems like to me
>>
>>187838264
You win by defeating all of your enemies, and the more enemies you defeat the more everyone else gets pissed off at you.
>>
>>187838052
I'm not a kawaii robot who finds all biological life terrifying.

>>187830228
>You will never be part of the Vodyani secret police force, rooting out a heretical sect that's established itself in an abandoned sector of your home Ark
>>
>>187841520
>I'm not a kawaii robot who finds all biological life terrifying.
H-haha, me neither...
>>
File: 1456224163552.gif (47KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
1456224163552.gif
47KB, 306x469px
>>187838052
Why do you say that ?
>>
>>187841462
isn't it completely unrealistic to actually kill all the enemies though? There are so many other nations and players that you couldn't possibly conquer them all. I mean, perhaps they're not all enemies, or even aware of you, i guess.
>>
>>187842574
It's all about the journey, anon.

(and then converting your savefile to Victoria to fight remaining enemies, and so on)
>>
>>187842574
People have conquered the entire map in every vanilla Paradox game.
>>
>>187842996
I can understand how a lot of people like it, but I prefer it to be encapsulated in one game that I can play, win or lose, and then start over and try again. Might just be my preference for randomly generated maps, I like to see an entirely different world/galaxy every time.
>>
>>187844219
I agree, and it was very disappointing to learn that EUIV's random map generation (for the New World only) generally produces bad maps. The same game, but with Civ 4's map generation algorithm, applied to the entire world, would be very appealing.
>>
>>187844817
I love history but for some reason I don't like EU4 or CK2. I'm not sure why. I just love the idea of playing a unique world that's all my own with stuff to explore and find on your own. In EU4 everything is already found and everything is already claimed. You even pick a person that already has claimed some stuff.
>>
>>187845492
Because it's trash.
>>
>>187841520
>you will never have godlike powers thanks to your bitchin cloak that also frames you to have a 10/10 bod and fuck 10/10 godlike bitches in your master race
>>
>>187850781
I think that applies for half of the ESII Leaders.
>>
File: 1503262074361.png (167KB, 516x470px) Image search: [Google]
1503262074361.png
167KB, 516x470px
>>187850781
>>
does anyone else think it's kinda cringey/stupid how the Sophons communicate like "wow bro you are like totally all up in our shit", they talk like they're teenagers from california or something
>>
does anyone else think it's kinda cringey/stupid how the lizard frogs have great stonking big tits they look like they're strippers from california or something
>>
>>187851386
DUDE
>>
>>187851386
They're supposed to sound cringey, like nerds trying to sound cool. That's literally exactly what they're going for.
>>
>>187851764
is that communicated somewhere? I've never heard that before. I've never played them to be fair. But from my perspective it sounds like they were trying to give them personality by just making them talk like teenagers for no reason. I didn't get it.
>>
>>187851117
I've seen very fuckable Vodyani, Riftborn, United Empire, and Lumeris
I can imagine a very fuckable Craver
I'm having a hard time with Sophons and Unfallen though
>>
>>187851989
>I'm having a hard time with Sophons and Unfallen though
You're fucking small time.
>>
>>187851982
Well I mean it's not like there's a tooltip that says 'oh btw they're actually loser nerds lol' but the interactions of them getting over zealous in some positive agreements with stuff like 'wow! Yeah, high five! T-that's how we do it!' as well as some of the written text accompanying their diplomacy notifications indicating them talking to each other with things like 'hey, let me handle this, I got this' before making their proposal to you just seems like they're supposed to be viewed as a race that's very awkward with social interaction in general
Combine that with the knowledge that they're the science race and it kinda falls together that they're portrayed on some level as stereotypical nerds
>>
>>187851989
What about Horatio?
>>
>>187852580
They're Horatio.
>>
>>187851386
>>187851549
Do you have something against California?
>>
>>187852659
California is the greatest country in the world, which is why all imitations thereof are pale and wretched by comparison.
>>
>>187852478
I can see how you came to that conclusion, but it still comes off a little weird. You'd think being the science race they'd sound more intelligent in their interactions, but desu i don't think i could recognize them as "the science race" if you didn't know beforehand.
>>
>>187852780
Negative Anomoly discovered: Permanent Drought
>>
There's still a handful of Endless running about, right?
>>
>>187852920
>Permanent Drought
That's not true. We had loads of flooding last winter. The droughts rarely last more than half a decade.
>>
>>187853109
Virtuals, yeah. At least one Vodyani hero has met one. And one was a hero back in ES1.
I think all the concretes are gone though. And Vodyani are kinda technically virtual endless? Or at least subsist using the same technology of the virtual endless? I never quite got that part.
>>
>>187853376
Vodyani are little ugly gremlins who got super lucky and found a mind uplink center left behind by the Endless and used it to digitize themselves and possess suits that presumably the virtuals used to still be able to walk around in and interact with the virtual world.
It kinda goes against established lore though or at the least retcons a bit, because some amount of leftover Dust in the galaxy should be primed to virus them
That, or it was some 'experiment' of the Endless that didn't quite make them into actual full blown virtuals but instead just locally digitized them into the suits. So they're not connected to the array of networks and all that, but rather only can exist within their individual suits.
No idea how Essence is explained though.
>>
>>187853376
There was a concrete endless in ES1, 98% of his body was prosthetics because of the Dust War.
>>
>>187853376
>>187853887
The Vodyani are 'Broken Lords but its kinda a clusterfuck trying to balance Dust when one race uses it for 90% of everything they do so instead we'll make a new unique resource while maintaining the style of the broken lords'
>>
>>187852867
>>187852478
They talk like Dude-Bros because that how they see the whole galaxy act from their perspective.
>>
Does a watchtower count as a district for adjacency purposes in EL?
>>
File: 1498239354042.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498239354042.png
98KB, 600x500px
Will they ever make diplomacy more of an interaction that gets things done, instead of basically just a list of commands you can send to each other? Will it ever evolve from PEACE or WAR? Will we ever be able to alter the opinions of other factions? Maybe make a deal with them to make them attack another faction?

Will I ever be able to win a diplomatic victory, not because I played ultra-pacifist the whole game, but because I became the puppetmaster of the majority of the factions in the game, pitting them against each other for my own gains?
>>
>>187856294
Nope, it's not a district. And no, regular extractors don't count either.
>>
>>187857074
Thanks. That's too bad. At least you can put districts on top of extractors, unlike towers.
>>
>>187856353
Of course
In twenty years
>>
File: 1493170343679.jpg (38KB, 347x350px) Image search: [Google]
1493170343679.jpg
38KB, 347x350px
>>187857583
S U F F E R I N G
>>
Horatio keeps hinting he's gonna backstab me but doesn't do it. Did amplitude program tsundere AI?
>>
>>187857760
Does it always show him as "sneaky" towards you on the bottom right? I think that means the AI keeps planning to fuck you over but hasn't gone about it yet.
>>
>>187856353
Like the Puppeteers from Ringworld? Would be fun.
>>
>>187858540
I don't know who they are, but I'm getting at the idea of being powerful enough to influence everyone else to fight each other. Like you're the galaxy illuminati or some shit and orchestrate all galactic conflicts and who does what, simply because you've gained enough influence to make it happen.
>>
>>187856353
Diplomatic victory doesn't mean being pacifist in most of these games, it just means having tons of allies.
>>
>>187861104
true, but if you specifically want to win diplomatically then you're probably gonna try to have literally everyone be your ally, right? Since you get more points that way.
>>
>>187858480
The text about it is just so blatant it's stupid
>>
>>187861847
yeah, I don't really get why they even do it. It's like Civ where the AI will turn on you without warning for no reason, but ES2 will give you a little warning before the AI acts stupid instead.

Even funnier when Horatio sends you a diplomatic message about how you're best buds and 2 turns later the Sneaky message comes up.
>>
>>187837014
No, all the tunes are either original or loosely based on a civ-appropriate song.
>>
ded
>>
>>187861393
Depends on the game. usually it's just
>make allies
>kill all non allies
>win
except in Civ 5 where it's
>pimp out city states
>wait for world ruler option to activate
>win at next world council meeting
>>
>>187873081
Well, nobody has any specific suggestions for diplomatic features to add that are feasible with the AI techniques available to 4X developers. Vague grumblings about "I wanna be the puppetmaster" don't lead to anything.
>>
>>187873293
Well, typically you want a system in which diplomacy and espionage overlap considerably.
>>
>>187873776
So like Europa Universalis where you have your spy work to generate a causus belli? Or what?
>>
File: YES.jpg (97KB, 1127x656px) Image search: [Google]
YES.jpg
97KB, 1127x656px
ABOUT FUCKIN TIME

WE PURGIN NOW
>>
>>187874245
well that wasn't so hard, you don't need the dlc for that right?
>>
File: dxeXKf2qyf-3.png (43KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
dxeXKf2qyf-3.png
43KB, 300x250px
>>187874245
>Paradox listening to feedback
>>
>>187874410
No DLC needed.
>>
>>187873293
but I did mention things, like influencing the AI's opinions of other factions based on their respect for you, based on certain factors or whatever. It's vague, but how specific do I have to get? You want me to list Influence prices? I just want more, and I think more of how they interact and less about having tons of options to choose from. It doesn't feel like an interaction, just choosing commands off a list. Surely we can do better than like the 15 different voice lines (or even less sometimes) of most MAJOR factions in a 4x.
>>
>>187875948
What are these "certain factors or whatever" that influence their opinion?

What specific additional interaction do you want, that is apparently not just choosing a command off a list?
>>
>>187874410
Nope this is just in the misc patch notes for 1.8.
>>
File: 20170901025813_1.jpg (863KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170901025813_1.jpg
863KB, 1920x1080px
I may have gone overboard in a few places.
>>
>>187878617
>actually getting around to researching the serum of iteru as broken memes
why have you not won yet anon
>>
>>187876934
make it more organic and fluid in how it's presented. The thing about it being just a list of commands really takes you out of it. It's just how they take place, and that the options are limited even with that. If it's just gonna be a list of options with nothing else, we should at least have lots of options with it. Think of denouncing people in Civ 5 but the AI takes it's consideration of you into account. Perhaps the AI has a bunch of parameters it deems respectable, like depending on the size of your military it takes your opinions of other factions more seriously. Or how technologically advanced you are.

I liked the idea in Endless Legend that you could actually make someone go to war with someone else as a diplomatic action. Too bad the AI is a bit too weird to ever actually make that seem cool, with competent AI it would be really cool. Other options could be like trade embargos (in some games trade routes just automatically go back and forth unless you're in war, and you can't really stop them from getting income from you aside from declaring war.), research agreements like in EL or ES2. Maybe the option to levy a specific fleet from you for money, and are given a certain amount of turns to use it before it's returned to you. Allowing you to play mercenary to certain factions who are in trouble that can sacrifice some coin.

I dunno, I just feel like it could be a lot better or more in depth, but we got the normal options forever ago and no one ever tried to allow you to be able to do more.
>>
>>187878617
I disabled economic victory and... another one I don't remember which. Mostly I've been spending the last fifty turns buying pop and joining these cities together.
Also, how the fuck do governor gain xp? Is it just the more the city gains, the more they gain? Because my capital's governor hit level 27 pretty much by sitting on his ass.
Also defense is pretty fucking worthless, he hit 3k defense and still gets hit 90% of the time by 220 atk archers for full damage.
>>
>>187879923
I believe they get experience for every completed construction in the city they're designated to
>>
>>187878617
>play dust lords
>city tiles still show farms on exploitation
???
>>
>>187880593
Dust irrigation, son.
>>
>>187819207
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1123086074
This one?
>>
>>187880593
They still farm, just as a hobby.
>>
>>187819207
CUTE
>>
File: star_trek_pin_up_by_petarslovak.jpg (173KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
star_trek_pin_up_by_petarslovak.jpg
173KB, 1024x1024px
>>187819207
Dude if you mean new Horizons that mod is so great oh my fucking god
you're gonna love it
>>
Not sure if any /cbg/fags are left, but if any of you are here, how is Life is Feudal?
Looks like a straight rip off of Banished to me, but I've heard some good things.
>>
>play stellaris
>read point where only way to progress is to wage constant tedious wars micromanaging dozens of armies and smaller fleets as escorts so the transports don't get picked off by remnants of enemy fleets
>lose interest in stellaris
>don't play for a while
>make new empire and start new game
>repeat
>>
>>187879923
industry is converted to xp; the more industry used to make a construction, the more xp the construction will get the hero
>>
File: I don't know why I did this.jpg (591KB, 1359x768px) Image search: [Google]
I don't know why I did this.jpg
591KB, 1359x768px
>>187878617
Looks fine to me.
>>
>>187883117
>I AM AURIGA
>>
>>187882319
just make a large doomstack fleet and curbstomp your enemies instead of memeing them with run and hide transports
>>
>>187882319
Can you bombard planets with your ships instead of using armies?
>>
>>187882319
If you're actually stronger than your opponents then wars should be fast.

It's when you're weaker that you have to spend 4 hours cheesing the AI.
>>
>>187884793
You need to use armies, as well as bombard the planets to lower the DR the enemy troops have from fortifications
this stops being needed once you got a fuckton of endgame armies like Gene warriors
>>
>>187887752
Oh. I was hoping I could just glass planets and not worry about armies.
>>
>>187887828
That would be fun
thus Wiz would never allow it, because it would unbalance the game in favour of xenophobes/purifiers, which harms their ability to cater to the E-Sports crowd like he wants to
>>
>>187887978
Yuck. I'm installing right now. Maybe there's a mod that lets me purify worlds. Time to check
>>
>>187887978
Purifiers already get access to a special bombardment policy just for them.
>>
File: 1471407920223.gif (569KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
1471407920223.gif
569KB, 475x347px
>>187888138
That policy was coded specifically to do fuckall
The only part of the tooltip it actually fucking does is the 100 fortification damage per day, the killing of pops and buildings is set to 0
>>
>>187888267
Please tell me you're joking...
>>
>>187887634
Nigga the war isn't fighting in space, the war is occupying planets. And that takes forever no matter how strong you are. In fact the stronger you are the longer it takes.
>>
>>187884207
Do you even play Stellaris? Cause that's like 1% of what a war is. You out-doomstack their fleet, bait them into chasing a smaller fleet so you can jump in on top of them while they're fighting it, and wipe out their fleet. Cool, you just scored like 7% war score! If you want to actually win any real concessions you now have to spend the remaining years of the war invading planets. Early game only like 2 worlds is necessary to wring a moderate amount of concessions out of them, but late game when you're taking like 10+ worlds and humiliating them for influence or making vassals it takes for goddamn ever.
>>
>>187891871
what? No it doesn't. It takes long the stronger your opponent is. And stronger in terms on warscore means how many planets they have.
>take out their entire navy of 200k
>3% warscore

>>187892175
Yes I play Stellaris, once you doomstack their fleet it's easy to occupy their planets because there's nothing stopping your transports. Just saying it's less painful than cheesing the enemy fleet all the time.
>>
>>187891871
>actually destroy their entire navy
>leave a corvette at each planet so they can't rebuild spaceports
>use the rest of the fleet to bombard one planet at a time in preparation for the army
100% warscore doesn't take a lot of time if you have a stronger fleet than them. By 2300, you'll have armies so strong that you won't even need to bombard planets, so it goes even faster.
>>
>>187892398
>once you doomstack their fleet it's easy to occupy their planets because there's nothing stopping your transports
Is this like ultra babby mode difficulty or something? Cause when I play the computer constantly shits out ships. You wipe out their main stack, so what, they keep shitting more ships. If you dare to send a transport fleet to a system un-escorted they will jump on it with their measly 750fp shitter fleet and rip it apart. You have two basic options: either systematically wipe out all their space ports (which is a huge chore) or just make smallish escort fleets to accompany your transports so they can do their job unmolested (which takes forever but is still faster than invading every goddamn world and destroying every port in an enemy empire that has 20+ colonies). The doomstack is too slow to chase down the tiny enemy guerilla fleet, it's only purpose is to swat the enemy doomstack. After that I pull it back into port so it stops eating up my energy production and leave the rest of the war to my armies and escort fleets.
>>
If you play on a Communitas map and set it so everybody's on one continent, will it account for that when making said continents? A full map's worth of players on half a map's worth of land sounds awful unless you're an early-game warmonger.
>>
I blame Wiz.
>>
How would Espionage work in a Endless Space 2 xpac?
>>
>>187900231
a frog will show up and suck your dick
while you're distracted she'll steal your wallet/folder full of national secrets
>>
>>187900231
tech and dust stealing, maybe some sabotage
>>
>>187894224
>being this retarded
Once their doomstack is down it's GG. They aren't going to attack your doomstack, just split it into two halves and set half your army to follow each one. Then invade each planet until warscore.

You're complicating what is a very simple task.
>>
File: 1502128537641.jpg (89KB, 1242x820px) Image search: [Google]
1502128537641.jpg
89KB, 1242x820px
>>187852659
>>187852780
>California
>Urban sprawl in general
>>
File: pic.png (945KB, 815x659px) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
945KB, 815x659px
Post your galaxies
>>
File: Wiz Swedish mating call.jpg (884KB, 1854x957px) Image search: [Google]
Wiz Swedish mating call.jpg
884KB, 1854x957px
>>
>>187906127
What is this even about? Are they redoing the voices in Stellaris?
>>
>>187906127
was it really such a big deal that it needs to be reposted? getting sick of seeing it
>>
>>187906830
Hi Wiz.
>>
>>187830017
i found it really difficult to do this with the civ games. they have all the flavour of the cultures and all that but none of the actual meat of it for you to work with. i'm constantly going to the demographics screen to try and get an idea of how many people i have and soldiers and all that. as soon as you start thinking about that, then you realise that it took your warrior 1,000 years to move a couple hundred kilometres
>>
>>187906824
>new feature in expansion/update is ethic style replacement for whatever the announcer thing was called
>Militarist one sounds like a follower of Khorne more than a professional soldier
>people complain
>Wiz's response is YOU JUST HATE IT BECAUSE IT'S A WOMAN
>que 20 pages of Wiz getting blown the fuck out
>>
>>187907047
>Militarist one sounds like a follower of Khorne

Link please
>>
>>187906824
They are adding a new mod feature athat apparently allows you to mod-in and select custom voice sets for your Empire's species.

The voice sets have different versions depending on the species ethics and a lot of people didn't like the militarist female voice because it sounded like she was out of 40k instead of a proffesional soldier like she was depicted in previous trailers (Commonwealth of Man girl from Utopia).
Wiz took it as anti-female.

>>187907120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b10YpKvgMY
>>
File: Wiz BTFO.png (918KB, 1214x970px) Image search: [Google]
Wiz BTFO.png
918KB, 1214x970px
>>187907047
And then he goes all like
>"woah dudes, I never SAID you were all sexists, I just said you only complain because it's a woman, now I'm locking this thread and whoever mentions it get banned ktxhbye"
>>
>>187907179
wew, the Xenophobe voice would actually be a better fit
>>
>>187900231
I hope you will have access to election rigging.
>>
>>187907179
Actually. If people are bothered by voice acting, why not make your own?
Now that support is there, it should be easy to add more in.
And there are quite a few amateur voice actors who can do the job just right.
>>
>>187907383
t. Russian hacker
>>
>>187907468
t. Russian hacker
>>
File: maep.png (61KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maep.png
61KB, 1920x1080px
>>187904410
>>
>>187907179
Even fake military women in porno sound more like professional soldiers/officers that could threaten a galaxy with their mighty fleets.
>>
>>187907179
hahaha hly shit it sounds like a pirate, that's something only an edgy 5 years old kid would find cool, keep the VA, but fire the idiot that wrote that dialog
>>
>>187907406
>Hey kids dont forget to pick up your Yogscast VO packs for a mere 1.99!
>>
>>187907406
>>187908038
/civ4xg/ voice mod when?
>>
>>187908160
It would be just variations of "faggot". Or "nigger lover" if you're xenophile.
>>
File: 51089666_p0.png (55KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
51089666_p0.png
55KB, 400x300px
>>187908527
Enemy faggot fleet spotted, Dear Leader
>>
File: 2017-09-01_041853.jpg (660KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-01_041853.jpg
660KB, 1920x1080px
>>187904410
>>
>>187907179
>>187907406
can you arrange them by government type instead of just ethic? that would give it more flexibility
a xenophobic inslationist and a purifier wouldn't say the same thing for example
I need to start cutting movies/games phrases
>>
>>187908527
just cut any video with a frog going "reeee" and you're set
>>
File: faggot.png (212KB, 1414x873px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
212KB, 1414x873px
>>187908527
Speaking of faggots...
>>
>>187908676
You can just select the one you want instead of relying on selection based on ethic/government.
>>
> I need advice

Venice / emperor / large islands

I am getting DOWd by every Civ, same turn, upon renaissance era. I am 3rd of 8 for points. I range from having the first to the third largest (about 80,000 troops) army depending on a few units.

I went back 20 turns and abstained from trying to ressurect Japan from Rome. I still got DOWd on the same turn when i redid those ~20 turns.

I'm going to have to go back 60 turns now. My production and GDP is shit. I have 4 cities reasonably spread out so everyone covets my land but that was my only choice. I took control of a city state because it had Mt Kailash but I think it's not worth it anymore -my city AI didn't even work it. Gonna go back and puppet a different state with my (((merchant))).
>>
>>187908673
>Continental Moon
>30.7k size
you lucky nigger
>74% of GDP
you gotta get yourself some proper colonies man
>>
>>187910076
Game starts in 2100, this isn't Stellaris, m8.
>>
File: 2017-09-01_052640.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-01_052640.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>187910076
It takes time to grow colonies, HR430 is one of my first colonies. And I build all wonders at my capital due to it being built faster there which then causes my capital to then grow even faster.
>>
>>187907406
If ur bothered by the game, just make ur own! :^)
>>
How is Age of Wonders 3?
I remember playing it right after it came out, but it felt kind of meh.
Did they improve it since then?
>>
>>187913961
Supposedly it's better now but I still can't get into it. I loved the whole wizard tower shit in 2 and how important your wizard was for global power projection stuff so I always just go back to that instead.
>>
File: dogdick.jpg (721KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dogdick.jpg
721KB, 1920x1080px
Fuck Emperor and harder. The AI is fucking bullshit. I captured Kyoto. I had a total of THREE cities as Venice. I had trade routes with everybody. I had the largest or second largest army. I spend HOURS redoing 20 turns at a time to avoid simultaneous, total and complete declaration of war from every AI on the same, inevitable, unknown turn. For every hour of redoing strategy, I delay that declaration of war by 5 turns. My army is maxed out. I can't build any more units because I'm at supply limit. I can't puppet any more cities or I get a near-instant declaration of war because they covet my lands. They don't even fight well, but they just send in endless, endless wave of antiquated units. Even strategy cannot save me, for their units have every applicable bonus. Terrain. Great general. Flanking. Near friendly unit. Bonus in enemy territory. Bonus in friendly territory. Bonus bonus bonus. Fuck you Firaxis. You make a game that is piss poor easy on King and below, yet bullshit artificial and difficult above King. Fuck you.
>>
Is it worth pirating civ6 yet?
should i just wait another year like civ 5 for some good dlc to complete the game?
have they announced how long the planned development cycle is?
>>
>>187917447
>pirating
sure it is, try it out. it sucks
>worth buying
lol fuck no
>>
wait what?
how has it been out for so long but still have no major dlc
did they give up on it?
also how critical and update patches, will getting a torrent from 2016 feel any worse
>>
>>187917447
Two more leaders as dlc announced, presumably with the fall 2017 update.
Expansion packs should be coming some time, but no word yet.
>>
Is playing tall even worth it in Stellaris? I've tried focusing entirely on research rather but I find that even if my ships are miles ahead of the enemy's technologically they still get blown away by sheer numbers.
>>
Is Beyond Earth any good after the DLC?

I remembered this game existed the other day.
>>
>>187921578
Spam habitats.
>>
>>187922552
Some prefer it over 6

It's not really a civ game.
>>
>>187922552
It invented twitter diplomacy, so it's got that going on for it.
>>
>>187922854
wat
>>
>>187617448
>distant worlds pasta in the OP
BASED
SPIDERBRO
>>
Oh my GOD. Why are the BLORG so cool? I love those little hideous fun-guys (fungus=funguy.) They just want our hugs and happiness! And now we've got ROBLORG, they're like the Blorg only robots!
>>
File: cossacks 2017-09-01 14-58-34-83.jpg (487KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cossacks 2017-09-01 14-58-34-83.jpg
487KB, 1920x1080px
Scotland stronk
>>
File: 20170825223709_1.jpg (784KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170825223709_1.jpg
784KB, 1920x1080px
>>187924872
Not really. They do have archers and frame guns but the rest is trash.
>short ranged musketeers
>mid spearsmen
>no heavy cavalry
>building look like they're built out of dung pies
>>
>>187907047
Worst part is, the VA is the only good part of those lines. It's good voice acting on shit writing.
>>
File: Wiz BTFO2.png (120KB, 1340x600px) Image search: [Google]
Wiz BTFO2.png
120KB, 1340x600px
>>187925615
Yeah, but Wiz is a piece of shit.
>"lol you is all complaing cuz she a grilll"
>"NO I NEVER SAID YOU WERE SEXIST anyway I'm locking the thread kthxbye and if you mention this again you're banned 5ever"
>>
File: cossacks 2017-09-01 15-41-52-64.jpg (568KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cossacks 2017-09-01 15-41-52-64.jpg
568KB, 1920x1080px
>>187925021
>short ranged musketeers
Not really
They have about as much range as the brit Highlander unit

>no heavy cav
Cheap and fast produced counter cav and raider cav that can easily flank or close in on dragoons so they cant fire anymore
>>
>>187925892
Yeah but they're susceptible to counter charges by heavy cavalry.
Their swordsmen are top tier, though, and can go through pretty much anything. A shame you get them mid game, sometimes even endgame.

Why do they hold their bow in their left hand anyway? Are they left-handed?
>>
File: cossacks 2017-09-01 14-53-59-20.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cossacks 2017-09-01 14-53-59-20.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
>>187926050
>Why do they hold their bow in their left hand anyway? Are they left-handed?
Nope
Its the other way around
If you are left handed you carry your bow in the right hand
>>
>>187926324
I'm right handed and I always held my bow in my right hand. It doesn't feel right otherwise.
>>
>>187926050
Have you literally never shot a bow? Go outside nigger.
>>
>>187926634
Do you aim the arrow with left hand?
>>
>>187926634
Are you sure you're right-handed? Or do you never fire the bow but just hold it?
>>
>>187926949
Yes. I held the bow with the right hand, and I pulled the arrow with the left hand.

>>187927007
I use the mouse with my right hand, and when I eat, I hold the fork in my right hand. I'm right-handed.
And I did fire quite a lot.
>>
>>187927142
>hold the fork in my right hand.
fork is for left hand
knife is for right hand
>>
>>187927612
>fork is for left hand
>knife is for right hand
Where the hell do you live? Everyone in my family and everyone I saw, ever has the fork in their main hand and the knife in the other.
You do start with the fork in the left hand but everyone immediately switches.
>>
>>187927612
nigga no it is not
>>
>>187927751
>>187927787
backward motherfuckers
>>
>>187927142
If you fired quite a few shots off and firing left handed felt more comfortable then you're a closeted lefty anon. You're naturally going to be more comfortable with your dominant arm doing the draw because that's the arm doing all the work in firing a bow, your offhand is basically just there as a brace since you do most of the aiming by orienting your entire upper body. And if you're more comfortable with your left hand doing all the work then yeah, some dumbass teacher or your parents probably forced you to do things "normally" as a kid, probably at such an early age you wouldn't even remember it. My half-brother is like you, he's comfortable with doing everyday things right handed but when it comes to something that actually strains him to some extend he defaults to his left hand. His deadbeat dad used to beat him as a kid when he did things left handed

>>187927612
That's actually very variable depending on where you are in the world anon. British table manners dictates that, but a lot of European countries dictate the opposite, particularly Italy because fish and pasta are mainstays there and often don't require a knife at all. The world of food etiquette is fucking weird.
>>
>>187927751
I do the same thing too, sempai.
>>
>>187927612
>I eat from the knife
Kys yourself, britbong.
>>
>>187928167
>ever bringing the knife to your mouth
Would legitimately have gotten you kicked out of choice upscale restaurants in london in the past. Even implying that someone would do such a shameful act betrays you as being a man of poor culture and shoddy breeding. I'm 99% sure it's a cultural thing related to royalty and how super fucking inbred all the royals in europe used to be so they were disproportionately left handed, so eating like a left handed person, that is fork in the left hand, became the fashionable thing and never really left
>>
>>187927612
I'm left handed, so that's how I do it..m
>>
>>187927865
>you're a closeted lefty anon
That's the first time I hear that expression.

>>187927902
I'm sure everyone does. It's the etiquette to have the fork on the left, but pretty much everyone use it on the right hand.
>>
So you who are right handed cut the steak with your left (knife)hand? Do you prepare food/chopvegies/etc. with your left hand too? I always thought you use the knife in your dominant hand, which is right for most people.
>>
>>187929056
>everyone use it on the right hand.
Where are you from? In Australia it's the opposite.
>>
>>187929123
If I'm eating out somewhere nice I'll usually go knife in left, fork in right, but most of the time when I'm eating at home my food is honestly best eaten with a spoon or just a fork. I cook a lot of soups and rice related dishes that a knife is just not needed for, also I'm not trying to look more sophisticated than I am in front of someone I'm trying to fuck when I eat at home, which is, lets face it, the primary reason anyone would ever give a shit about knife & fork etiquette these days.
>>
>>187910279
I've never played stellaris. And after 72 years in DWU you should have better colonies than that>>187911410
>>
>>187929123
Preparing food is not the same as eating it, you fucking inbred.
Of course if your knife is so blunt it's harder to cut the meat than pick it with a fork, you'd use the right hand for it. But generally any action involving putting the food in your mouth will automatically be done by your dominant hand.
>>
>>187916115
I thought land units were helpless in the water. Did they change it?
>>
>>187921578
Technology is bad in Stellaris, which is sad because it's a sci-fi game in space.

All that matters are minerals and fleet capacity, and those are both maximized by getting more territory.
>>
Is siege fucked on ES2?
I got around to playing it and the AI has a fuckload of manpower and I can't get them to drop in a reasonable time. Aren't there bombers from the first game, I can't find any of them in the tech tree
>>
>>187930786
bombers and fighters haven't been added yet, they're coming in a free content patch because they were originally going to be a part of release
always siege down the enemy manpower before you deploy; if you want to increase the amount of manpower you have in the fight, it's either tied to the CP techs or levelling up in the military tech quadrant
>>
>>187906992
I can do it easier with military units in CiV than as a civilian. I had a unit of Legion last through upgrades all the way to modern infantry, and imagined it being this ultra elite and storied battalion that the empire could boast having records of its origins in the time before Christ.
Or having a line of six samurai units hold off literally 30 impi over a long period of time and imagining memoirs of a single samurai who had been there for a while and all that.
>>
>>187931209
it was a case where I boxed the unfallen from the start and destroyed their vineships
they were pretty much stuck to their home system, but I couldn't take it even after sieging it for 30 turns because they kept restocking and increasing their manpower
I was playing on the difficulty one off from the highest, if that matters
>>
>>187930786
There are buildings you can construct that effectively delay the amount of turns until manpower starts dropping
Just do a bombing or guerrilla invasion and then don't continue invasion but keep the siege up. You might destroy the buildings and cause the leakage to start.
>>
>>187931780
I thought the sieging worked based on your manpower, I would siege for a few turns, then do the bombing action, then move some of my ships to a friendly sector to replenish manpower, but they still couldn't break through
>>
>>187931754
the unfallen are pretty much unsiegeable, don't worry
their actual manpower stock can't replenish unless you break the siege by flying your ships away; additionally, since the unfallen produce basically infinite food, they can conscript for every ground battle to bolster their defenses. the way to take them is to just grind them out with titanium A2G rounds and then commence ground assaults once they have essentially no stock left

there's also planet busters in T5 military, if you wanna say fuck you to the trees
>>
File: chadplitude.png (218KB, 1980x858px) Image search: [Google]
chadplitude.png
218KB, 1980x858px
Rate pls
>>
File: chadplitude.png (217KB, 1980x858px) Image search: [Google]
chadplitude.png
217KB, 1980x858px
Fuck I didn't notice the duplicate blurb pls save this if you liked the previous
>>
>>187935426
>>187935632
Retarded meme / Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>187938038
Hi Wiz.
>>
>>187935632
>neoliberal subtext
Can you give an example?
>>
>>187935426
>no failed release
>ES2
>>
File: 444784809.jpg (105KB, 720x447px) Image search: [Google]
444784809.jpg
105KB, 720x447px
>>187935632
>United Nations of Earth
Commonwealth of Man became equivalent in power and population by starting out with just a colony ship and 100 years.
>>
>>187927751
>everyone in my family and everyone I know has never heard of table manners
I bet this is an American.
>>
>>187939435
They must have fucked like rabbits on meth.
>>
>>187928514
It's also done in most every other country, and my understanding is that you're showing respect for the ability of your fellow diners by keeping a knife in your hand with which to defend yourself if things go south.

Could be apocryphal, but it's certainly less dumb than the idea that it's because of glorifying left-handedness. After all, if it was someone left-handed, wouldn't they do it the other way around anyway?
>>
>>187927751
>Starting with fork in left and switching
For what purpose
>haha faggot made you think I had proper manner well fuck you looks like you fell for the shovel switcharoo
>>
>>187940225
That or a few million productive people are able to produce as much whatever billions of 2300 africans can.
>>
>>187940409
Presumably because whoever set the table knew how place settings work, so he picks the fork up with the hand closest to it, but then since he barely uses a knife due to being a child who only eats heavily processed food, he moves the fork to his dominant hand which would otherwise be unused. And then when he eats things like rice that are easier to eat by positioning them with the knife, he just makes a sloppy mess and ends up leaving a ton of food on the plate and wasting it.

Source: I've lived in the US.
>>
>>187940341
Not to mention that Hitler was left-handed.
>>
>>187940702
And nobody noticed there was something sinister about that art student.
>>
>>187940846
I like how he was refused from art school while some guy named Egon Schiele, who was an incestuous bastard wanting to fuck his sister did pass.
>>
>>187940697
So you can't use a knife if it's in your left hand?
Are you disabled?
>>
>>187941225
Can you not use a fork if it's in your left hand?
It makes more sense to have the knife in the dominant hand since it's the one that does the most. There's a reason standards of etiquette are as they are.
>>
>>187941359
>There's a reason standards of etiquette are as they are.
You mean etiquette isn't just some elitist bullshit?
>>
>>187941359
>It makes more sense to have the knife in the dominant hand since it's the one that does the most.
Cutting already prepared food isn't "most of work".
>There's a reason standards of etiquette are as they are.
see>>187928514
>>
>>187941864
Knife cuts, maneuvers and positions. The fork holds food in place while being cut and lifts food to your mouth after you've positioned it there using (primarily) the knife.
>>
/civ4xg/ - Etiquette, Hitler, and left-handed inbred.

I'm preparing the new OP picture, leave it to me, spiderman.
>>
ships upgraded
construction complete
>>
>>187941981
>Knife cuts, maneuvers and positions.
You aren't fighting a piece of steak to describe it like this.
>The fork holds food in place while being cut and lifts food to your mouth after you've positioned it there using (primarily) the knife.
That's still more movement than cutting a steak.
>>
File: earthworm-jim.png (96KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
earthworm-jim.png
96KB, 800x600px
>>187942364
>"You aren't fighting a piece of steak"
>he doesn't fight his food to earn the right to eat it
GET A LOAD OF THAT CASUAL
>>
>>187942364
Is steak the only thing you ever eat? What about eating fucking rice or something with just your fork? Can you imagine how autistic you'd look?
>>
>>187942549
Are you saying people can't position rice with a knife in their left hand? Are you legit retarded?
>>
>>187942549
>Is steak the only thing you ever eat?
Steaks are the only cornerstone of "etiquette" butthurt for some reasons.
>What about eating fucking rice or something with just your fork?
Ching chongs eat it with sticks.
>>
>>187942076
I should get the RA2 sound effects ready
>>
>>187942912
They also don't rinse it first, so it gets sticky.
>>
>>187942976
Holy shit
Imagine if all the intros and cutscenes in ES2 were acted and filmed in Westwood style, by hiring a bunch of porn actors and putting them in bad costumes.
Imagine Ron Jeremy as Zelevas
Sarah Jessica Parker as the Riftborn
>>
>>187943332
"new construction option" for the investigation complete sound effect?
>>
>>187943332
>porn actors
Wait.
What?
Kane did porn? Yuri?!
Fucking Ray Wise did porn?!
>>
>>187943593
>Kane did porn? Yuri?!
Yeah. It's called Mindrape.
>>
>>187943332
Imagine Evan Stone as Horatio. He would be fucking brilliant.
>>
File: 1473765482781.jpg (42KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1473765482781.jpg
42KB, 604x604px
>>187942364
These are nobles, you use the knife in your right hand in case your younger brother decides he'd rather be king someday than you. How many men's ambitions have ended tragically, bleeding out face down in the gravy boat?
>>
>>187943593
All the female ones did.
Imagining Comrade Romanov balls deep in Zofia makes me shudder. Horrifying
RIP in piece Nicholas Worth
>>
>>187943872
>not Kane
HORATIO LIVES
>>
horatio
>>
>>187944371
That is fucking shit
>>
>>187944429
Calm down spider, you already have /indie/
>>
File: ____Kumos everywhere.png (2MB, 2261x938px) Image search: [Google]
____Kumos everywhere.png
2MB, 2261x938px
>>187944371
I still prefer my pictures, but go ahead.
>>
>>187944429
Seriously? You disliked it so your reported it? That's pathetic.
>>
File: celebrate stellaris.jpg (597KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
celebrate stellaris.jpg
597KB, 1600x1200px
>>187944724
I could shit something better out in less than five minutes

>>187945552
No I didn't. I'm not that pathetic.
>>
File: OP.jpg (559KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
559KB, 1024x768px
>>187945704
Fuck off Wiz, it's not your circlejerk around here.
>>
>>187945925
I think Stellaris is fucking garbage. Shouldn't you be happy with an OP that'd make Wiz have a fucking trigger seizure if he ever saw it?
>>
File: HORRRATIOOO.jpg (61KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
HORRRATIOOO.jpg
61KB, 650x650px
Inspirobot seems to like the best boi

BTW, are there female horatio in ES2? Or did the big head decide that girls are stinky?
>>
>>187946082
The OP is about /civ4xg/, not Stellaris. Go post that on the Steam artwork page if you want to trigger that cuck.
>>
>>187940689
Africans don't count as people in Stellaris. When you clear slum tiles you don't get a free pop. The 'people' living there are simply destroyed.
>>
>>187946258
>implying the slums aren't filled with alt-right nazi heterosexual whytebois in humanity's glorious multicultural future
>>
>>187940689
>>187946258
Or maybe Stellaris consider consider the imperial citizens to be relevant, like Sword of the Stars makes a difference between the civilians and the citizens.
>>
>>187946247
I don't see any /civ4x/ in the OP either. >>187617448
>>
>>187946208
Why would you need women if you are cloning yourself?
>>
>>187946643
>moving the goalposts
>>
>>187946643
>Dude you should stop killing homeless people
>Its not like im the ONLY ONE doing so
>>
>>187946643
>Dude, you should stop fucking goats
>but other people do it too
>>
File: Murderhobo.jpg (82KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Murderhobo.jpg
82KB, 640x427px
>>187947417
>not being a murderhobo

>>187947578
>not fucking minor civs

>>187947241
>not protecting your goalposts from the elements
>>
File: 1502028319500.jpg (614KB, 1117x1573px) Image search: [Google]
1502028319500.jpg
614KB, 1117x1573px
>>187947735
Elves are not welcomed in that thread.
>>
>>187938721
Some of these are stretching credibility but (Only referencing ES1, don't remember enough of EL to comment on it and I don't have the bux for ES2)

>market economics still being practiced at late-game tech levels when the economy is fully automated and the average citizen should just be provisioned to idle
>the flavor text of the final applied sciences tree extols the idea of a pan-galactic society being formed and social boundaries being erased by sheer influx of information
>the lower your tax the happier your people
>uninterference is seen as pivotal in maintaining the loyalty of your colonies
>>
File: pic.png (16KB, 318x217px) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
16KB, 318x217px
Is this goatse?
>>
>>187948962
I hate you.
>>
>>187907560
When did you transcent humanity?
>>
File: cossacks 2017-09-01 15-09-51-85.jpg (424KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cossacks 2017-09-01 15-09-51-85.jpg
424KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>187955105
>desire to throw a nuclear bomb intensifies
>>
File: maep2.png (79KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maep2.png
79KB, 1920x1080px
>>187953165
My oldest Aurora files are from 2011.
I'm still just setting stuff up and haven't played yet.
>>
so this update still has the species rights effects hardcoded or can you finally mod them?
>>
What's a good old RTS?
>>
>>187958071
TotalA.
>>
>>187959330
I said good. Total Annihilation only has one ressources, and since the AI doesn't have a fog of war, once it has catapults, it can fuck your shit up.
>>
>>187959516
So?
>>
>>187959781
Strategy games with only one ressource tend to be very shallow.
Just look at Age of Empires 2, it's four ressources.
>>
>>187960000
nice quads from /twg/
>>
When are we going to get Sins of a Solar Empire 2?
>>
>>187960489
The Total War games are the kind of games that I love on paper but suck at when I actually try playing them.
>>
>>187958071
DoW: Dark Crusade
>>
>>187960737
I said old. That's not old.

I remember when the first Dawn of War came out, it was quite a shock to see the giant space marines moving.
>>
>>187960628
It might be that you just need the right game
I kind of like them all except for WarHammer (mostly because it's more dumbed down than Rome2) but some more than other
you can try giving them all a pirate and playing the one that has the right combat speed, remembering that S2 has fast as hell battles and R2 with DeI can last hours
>>
>>187959516
But total annihilation had two
>>
>>187960982
I tried Medieval 2, Shogun 2, Attila, Napoleon (yarr'd it, never liked it) and Warhammer. I always have the same issue that I grow bored in a campaign after two hours.

>>187960983
It did? I might be mistaking it for its sequel.
>>
>>187961113
What sequel?
>>187960982
Don't lie outside of the general where virgins to the series can't spot your lies anon
>>
>>187961214
The one in a medieval world where various kings are fighting.
>>
>>187961214
>lies
no lies
only thruth
>>
>>187961279
Oh, right...wouldn't call that a sequel, if TA was a series it would be a spinoff
>>
>>187961279
What.
>>
>>187962249
He forgot to mention the fantasy bits.
>>
>>187962327
But totalA's "sequel" is supcom. Maybe spring.
>>
>>187962678
No. SupCom is nothing like TA, it's a totally different world, and the gameplay is different.
>>
>>187962823
So then there's a medieval fantasy game out there with carriers, gunships, artillery, fast moving vehicles using distance weapons, and navy?
>>
>>187963152
I'd like something like that, but I was referring to the lore.
Endless Space 2 has more in common with Total Annihilation than Supreme Commander does.
>>
>start as lumiris on endless difficulty
>expect to get my ass ravaged
>get unfallen and sophon neighbours
>quickly make peace
>mad industry, mad science, mad income
>few turns later restart out of boredom
fugg
>>
>>187963152
The rise of nations fantasy sequel had almost all of that I think
>>
>>187963152
Yes

It's Medieval with magitech, monsters and steampunk.
>>
>>187963445
just keep restarting until you get cravers as a neighbor for TRUE endless experience
>>
>>187963454
Rise of Legends, huh?
I reinstalled it recently. Since it's a Microsoft game, it runs poorly on recent computer, and good luck patching it since the dipshit at microsoft only let it updated through the game, and the server is dead.

Just like Freelancer : awesome game, but hard to run because the developpers were retarded.
>>
File: 2017-09-01_18-02-32.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-01_18-02-32.png
1MB, 1600x900px
ENTRAILS

I WILL HAVE ENTRAILS
>>
>>187960940
how far is old? how about Armies of Exigo?
>>
File: 1503596060440.png (368KB, 914x1251px) Image search: [Google]
1503596060440.png
368KB, 914x1251px
>>187964123
>>
>>187964350
I don't know what Armies of Exigo is, but I'm going to check it out.
>>
release date? all robot portrait link?
>>
>>187965178
Under 2 weeks from now, 1 more devnote recapping everything then release a week later.
>>
File: Wiz BTFO3.png (112KB, 1340x540px) Image search: [Google]
Wiz BTFO3.png
112KB, 1340x540px
>page 10
Fine, a reminder.
>>
>>187935632
Love it, however
>aliens do not look funny - their otherworldliness permeates their social organisation as well
DUDE
>>
File: 3580606172_93a51c3307.jpg (122KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
3580606172_93a51c3307.jpg
122KB, 500x386px
>>187940846
>something sinister
>>
File: Wiz is a cunt.png (278KB, 1788x859px) Image search: [Google]
Wiz is a cunt.png
278KB, 1788x859px
And to think there are still drones defending Wiz.
That faggot should be demoted to janitorial duty.
>>
File: 1412020998327.jpg (76KB, 431x300px) Image search: [Google]
1412020998327.jpg
76KB, 431x300px
>>187967831
>all these subs crying cause they want an ice queen voice to jerk off over
Wiz is still a cuck but let's at least be honest what's going on here.
>>
>>187973601
>projecting his own insecurities on other people
C'mon, Wiz. Try to keep your cuck fetish for yourself.
You're not that important that everyone wants to be like you.
>>
>>187973709
>muh disciplinarian tone
I'm sorry you need that to get off but seek help for it.
>>
>>187973868
So, Wiz, why are you getting demoted to a place more suitable of your skills at PR?
>>
File: plssexclue.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
plssexclue.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>187973969
>everyone who disagrees with me is Wiz
>>
>>187974605
>not answering the question
The jig is up, Wiz.
>>
Wiz killed us.
>>
FUCK YOU WIZ
>>
Wiz is literally worse than Hitler.
>>
>tfw trying to play my first game of EL at my own pace but have to keep playing whack-a-mole with AIs that are hitting their final quests
>>
>>187981437
They never do, they're scripted to hit stage one early but never progress further.
>>
>>187981437
don't worry about it, the ai always finishes their faction quest super quickly

they pretty much never go for the quest victory, so you don't have to worry about beating them down. besides, once the pillars of light spawn there's a whole eight more story steps before they actually get to the quest victory.
>>
>>187979819
Wiz is a whiny little bitch with a SJW behaviour.
>>
>>187981505
>>187982040
Ok, good to know. Luckily one of the AIs that's reached that point is one I need to kill to progress my quests anyway so I guess it'll work out fine.
>>
File: 1500384109343.png (49KB, 563x393px) Image search: [Google]
1500384109343.png
49KB, 563x393px
Is it better to go full nazi as riftborn with only their pops or try and get collection bonuses with minors?
>>
File: 1384672993340.png (30KB, 196x229px) Image search: [Google]
1384672993340.png
30KB, 196x229px
>minding my own business micro-managing my cities for maximum dust
>cultist with less than half my score declares war on me and starts sieging a region with mithril, palladium, dustwater and sillics
What's with weak AIs making retarded declarations they obviously can't follow upon and then complaining when I raze them?
>>
>>187984273
depends on your playstyle and the specific minor pop in question
most do have an intrinsic value as a filler for when you are expanding and you can't afford to waste turns making riftborn to fill up the huge number of empty slots in your empire. however, they would ideally be replaced once the system in question is full and you have the opportunity to replace them with better IDS production riftborn.

after looking at all of the minor faction collection bonuses, i have to say that the useful ones look like
>deuyivans - thirty percent tech cost reduction is pretty substantial, and great for anyone. bonus points for being able to at least sustain themselves without investing in food improvements on gas giants.
>epistis - twenty percent faster ownership recovery means that you have much smoother territory gain through war, as it will let you chain gang the local inefficient populace far earlier to make room for superior riftborn. if you aren't playing aggressively, this is pretty pointless. bonus points for being able to fend for themselves without food improvements on sterile planets, which should be the vast majority of your systems.
cont.
>>
>>187986670

>gnashast - their special defensive strategy is amazing, especially if you're in a situation where you're waging war against very aggressive and overpowering enemies, such as the cravers. needless to say, this is sadly situational, and their pops will not be very efficient as half of their unique gains are only realized on fertile planets.
>hissho - very good for waging war in enemy territory, as it allows you to replenish manpower anywhere in the galaxy at a fourth of the rate you would in your own territory. very good for extended campaigns and dealing with enemies that will inflict large numbers of ground casualties, such as unfallen, cravers, gnashast, and sometimes horatio. bonus points for having synergy with sterile planets.
>mavros - halving expansion disapproval is an absolutely massive law, especially with the riftborn style of play that enables rapid colonization. needless to say they are amazing.
>pilgrims - yet another insane collection bonus, their law permits you to see every single enemy fleet, their composition, and what they are doing regardless of where they are. most likely the most powerful collection bonus in the game.
>pulsos - not quite as generally insane as the mavros or pilgrims, their law does provide amazing synergy with the riftborn. they cause you to produce .1 science for every point of industry you produce, which combos well with the riftborns' insane industry production.
>remnants - while their individual pops are pretty shitty, their law is not. they cause every single strategic resource deposit to generate fifty percent more resources, further accentuating and strengthening the riftborns' playstyle of heavy reliance on strategic resources. definitely something you should aim for when playing as geometry autists.
cont.
>>
>>187986793
>tikanan - their assault ground strategy is pretty damn great, and will help you bust open tough targets like the unfallen or vodyani far easier. sadly, much like the gnashast, they work best on fertile worlds, not sterile worlds.

the rest are either very situational for the riftborn, or focus on food making them worthless for you.
a general complaint i have to levy at the minor factions in general is that it's far too difficult to actually acquire and spread them. events that always get you kalgeros or haroshem should be diversified to drag from any minor faction in the game, and there NEEDS to be a diplomatic action to trade units of population, complete with choosing which system to draw from and which to be their destination. what would also be nice would be a system to change the destination of civilian ships carrying population units on-course, so that you can even better micro-manage the different species you own. finally, the spaceport needs a buff, as civilian ships that carry population and food aren't affected whatsoever by engine tech or similar movement speed increasing technologies/laws/abilities.
Thread posts: 684
Thread images: 128

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.