[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk, Forced Memes - (/krw/, /cpg/, /fm/)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 751
Thread images: 163

Succ edition

Gwent Standalone's open beta is out!
>Gwent General
>>>/vg/gwt/

GOTY Edition is out !
>Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy8jmm9kY4A

>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books (first six are officials) and short stories
http://f.wtcg.pl/

>Witcher gear location, recommended mods
http://pastebin.com/jeHFgrV1
>Console Commands
http://www.mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
http://gwent-cards.com/
>Witcher lore, books and all
http://pastebin.com/bRqpA093
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
http://imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Redirect to the current thread
http://wtcg.pl
>Discord server
https://discord.gg/ydW4bCR

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y9711pvZkc

>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

>Cyberpunk all possible classes included
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTAf5S0g2_8

>Any new infos ?
CPDR is recruiting right now, so the game is still in early stages.
Still no release date, and we won't have one anytime soon.

Previous:>>186859261
>>
Geralt and Triss OTP
>>
File: That sword is for monsters.gif (1MB, 480x291px) Image search: [Google]
That sword is for monsters.gif
1MB, 480x291px
ITT we old /wtc/ now. Quality Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 discussion only. Witcher 3 discussion only when it connects to those two games directly or the books. No waifufaggotry.
>>
>>187329653
Correct
>>
>Ciri, did I ever tell you about Vincent Meiss?
>He was a detective that turned into a werewolf to fight superstitious and cowardly criminals at night.
>I killed him for an easily obtained tuft of fur to use in a potion that gave me a damage bonus at night.
>He was a good friend.
>>
read da books plebs reeeeeeeeee
>>
>>187329884
>not neutering him and getting a waifu for him
>>
File: kY3vtE5.jpg (279KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
kY3vtE5.jpg
279KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: but akinator that's wrong.jpg (574KB, 1362x737px) Image search: [Google]
but akinator that's wrong.jpg
574KB, 1362x737px
>>187329960
Agreed but also play TW1 and TW2.
>>
>>187329960
I did. I prefer the games.
>>
>>187330089
More in character but less meme potential.

>>187330242
Well a lot of people these days don't like to read for entertainment much so that's normal I guess. They still enhance your enjoyment of the games though so it's not like it was a bad thing to do.
>>
/dag/
>>
>>187330358
>They still enhance your enjoyment of the games though so it's not like it was a bad thing to do.
I never said I didn't like them. It was a very pleasurable read, it's just that I find the games more interesting.
>>
File: Ves tell me I asked for it.jpg (469KB, 1245x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ves tell me I asked for it.jpg
469KB, 1245x1200px
>>187330378
You'll find the year is 2014 and we are eagerly awaiting TW3's release. Bioware has no place here because we still have faith there's a company that can end a vidya trilogy in a satisfying way.

Speaking of the upcoming Witcher 3, I have this theory that Ves is pregnant with Henselt's bastard and that's who "Whoreson Jr." in the leaked game files is referring to. Roche is probably helping her raise it.

>b-but Henselt is sterile
They broke the curse and he got one last rape in before he died. What, you thought all that was just for shock value/pathos? It was a plot hook for future games.
>>
File: 1500572555116.jpg (80KB, 976x988px) Image search: [Google]
1500572555116.jpg
80KB, 976x988px
Triss didn't completely pretend to be Yen but she takes advantage of Geralt's addled state to lock him up in her rape dungeon. The point I remember most is Geralt going "LILAC AND GOOSEBERRIES? WHY DOES THIS SMELL INSTANTLY GIVE ME AN ERECTION?" and then Triss sidles up with Yen-stank all over her.

IIRC she was also cagey about their previous relationship to try to egg Geralt along into her pussy but it's been long enough I don't remember the specifics terribly well.
>>
>>
>>187330358
For what it's worth I do like reading for entertainment and I still enjoy the games take on witcha more than the books, generally speaking. Though I thought less of them than the other dude and certainly didn't read all of them before I moved on so it's possible they got better later.
>>
>>187330734
>The point I remember most is Geralt going "LILAC AND GOOSEBERRIES? WHY DOES THIS SMELL INSTANTLY GIVE ME AN ERECTION?" and then Triss sidles up with Yen-stank all over her.
That was only in that quasi-canon comedy side mission. So I don't think that counts.

>IIRC she was also cagey about their previous relationship to try to egg Geralt along into her pussy but it's been long enough I don't remember the specifics terribly well.
I just finished replaying TW1. First thing she says after Geralt fucks her is " A pleasure as always, Witcher". Geralt expresses confusion then Triss implies they've done it a lot before (rather than just a one night stand) and that Geralt has a lot to look forward to once they get back into things (implying both that they had a relationship in the past and that them having one again is inevitable). In Chapter 3 she also pressures him into a relationship with the implication that it's how things used to be before (but graciously insists that if he doesn't feel the same way anymore, she'll " try to understand") while simultaneously telling him it's possible no one could fix his memory and it's better to try to forge his own identity.

It's very well done and except for the part in the prologue very subtle. Makes the amnesia thing more than just a conceit required to explain the world to new players, and adds a twist to the romance subplot that makes it interesting both for people that were already fans for the books, and new people that had no idea what was coming in the next game.

I can't wait to see how CDPR handles the fall out in TW3. Yen is going to be so pissed.
>>
File: 1493966389742.png (146KB, 424x455px) Image search: [Google]
1493966389742.png
146KB, 424x455px
>>187331051
>That fucking Djikstra
>>
>>187331167
The games take a different tone by virtue of having to be video games and not books. I usually see people claim the first two books (which are actually short story collections combined with a loose plot tying them together) are the best so I'm not sure if you'd like the later ones. But then, maybe the change in tone and focus starting in the novels proper would suit you better? Depends on why you preferred the games over the books.

Unless of course your preference has little to do with story telling elements,and more to do with preferring an interactive medium, in which case it won't matter.
>>
>>187331395
He's looking at the cakes.
>>
>trying to replay Witcher 2 after just finishing Witcher 1
>desktop crapped out but I played Witcher 2 on a laptop anyway and it ran pretty well
>install it on the same laptop
>it's unplayably slow even on lowest settings
What happened? All the cooling gel dried up in the intervening years? Otherwise the only difference is that it now has windows 10 instead of windows 7.
>>
>>187331207
Good heavens, you haven't played Witcher 3 yet? You're in for a treat. And some disappointment, but mostly treats. Though I should talk since I played the Witcher games in a kind of fucky order. Witcher 1 first, never played the enhanced edition, then a little bit of Witcher 2 and inexplicably stopped playing it, and then maybe the first chapter of Witcher 3 and then stopped because it ran like complete garbage on my computer, then back to and completed Witcher 2, then an orgy of Witcher 3 and all the DLC/season pass at once after I upgraded my machine. In the end it sort of worked out fine for me because oddly enough I enjoyed 2 more after having played some of 3.

I also agree that Triss trying to take advantage of Geralt is pretty well done. It's not too mustache twirlingly evil but it shows some of the flaws in her character, even if the flaw is still kind of waifu bait since stealing your dirty underwear so she can huff your ball sweat isn't really on the same level as Yen flaws, but still.
>>
>>187332217
>Good heavens, you haven't played Witcher 3 yet?
I've played it a few times. I was joking about how I found it to be a good game but a shit sequel in terms of how it resolved things. Or rather, didn't.
>>
>>187329698
Can't wait to see Iorveth and Saskia again.
>>
>>187331395
I like Dijkstra because of his sharp mind and wits but him being the biggest Geralt x Triss shipper in the game only makes him better. Now if only he didn't act like a retard in Reasons of State...

>>187331207
Triss did act opportunistic, no question there, but their whole romance happened because Geralt insisted on it. Most of their romantic interactions happen on his initiative. There are even times when Triss is reluctant and demands that Geralt proves he's serious about them before she commits fully(the ring, how he behaves around Alvin). People give way little credit to Geralt imo. He takes it upon himself to decide individual fates of many people and even the whole kingdoms, he fucks half the Continent in the first game, he is perfectly capable deciding whether he wants to be with Triss or not. She never forced him to do anything and he refused hearing about the past at KM. Triss is there for him to talk about the things he experiences along the way and she encourages him to form a personality outside of her influence saying it should help with the memory loss, which it does. What really seals the deal of him not being a victim is TW2, even after he learns about Yen and remembers some parts of their past, he can still continue to romance Triss and even express love to her. Geralt is a big boy, amnesia or not.
>>
>>187332217
Triss trying to " steal" Geralt is kind of pathetic bad college relationship level flaws. It's sad but not that signficiant and certainly doesn't make her evil. Her major character flaws are her tendency to blindly fall in with authority on the promise of any kind of acceptance, and that's where she does truly bad things. But for some reason no one remembers that stuff. It's because most gamers care way more about waifu character traits than non-waifu related character traits.

Same reason Yen's daddy issues and problems with committed relationships are considered to make her a grey complex character along with Geralt when in reality both Geralt and Yen are both morally fairly black and white good guys outside of the first couple books.

There's probably a lot you could armchair psychologist over about nerds and how much more morally significant they find relationship drama vs. events that steer nations and end or save thousands of lives but instead I'll just say waifufags a shit.
>>
>>187331796
Windows 10 should be negligible in terms of performance differences unless the drivers are hosed or something. Maybe double check the options and make sure it's properly toning shit down. I remember there being some option in W2 which absolutely destroys performance but I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head. Theoretically it should be disabled but maybe something fucky is going on.

>>187332309
Ah, I gotcha. That was part of the disappointment I was talking about. I certainly enjoy W3 but they dropped the ball fairly hard in a few areas. Buddy of mine considers it his favorite game of all time and I could see the reasoning behind that even with the flaws.
>>
File: tfw Iorvethfag.jpg (1MB, 1242x2166px) Image search: [Google]
tfw Iorvethfag.jpg
1MB, 1242x2166px
>>187332473
>Can't wait to see Iorveth and Saskia again.
Too soon. ;_;

>>187332481
Geralt is kind of an idiot tbqh. At least at emotional stuff.

>>187332849
Ubersampling is disabled, yeah. Honestly I've had lots of things go wrong after windows 10 installed itself on multiple computers that there's no logical reason should be connected to the OS but it keeps happening. Might be a fluke though. Either way, not sure how to proceed. I had everything on TW2 on high/medium on this computer last time I tried and got around 30 FPS. Now I'm getting 10 on low settings.
>>
>>187332849
>Buddy of mine considers it his favorite game of all time and I could see the reasoning behind that even with the flaws.
Has he played the other games or read the books?
>>
>>187332647
>Her major character flaws are her tendency to blindly fall in with authority on the promise of any kind of acceptance
That's why I find her Lodge across the games subplot amazing. She starts TW1 still working for them, but she gets disillusioned and by the time TW2 ends, depending on the choices, she takes Geralt's side and testifies against them at the Loc Muinne summit. Knowing how whipped she was by them in the books, this is a huge step for her. And in TW3, we can see her trying to find her own place in the world, guided by her own ideals rather than following others. There we finally see the true nature of her idealism and the genuine desire to help others. She also steps up and takes the role of a leader, something that doesn't come easy for her. I think she shows a lot of growth.

In the books I never thought her actions were particularly horrible. People act like she runs the Lodge, but she is a mere follower to Philippa. That doesn't excuse her but she genuinely believed they acted of the greater good. She shows remorse and questions herself during her convo with Nenneke. And let's be real, even if Triss stood up to Phil, there's not much she can do. Philippa outclasses her, she's older, wiser, smarter, more manipulative, stronger, more influential and powerful. Triss can only end up in her sex dungeon or whatever. Also, I see people saying how Triss was ready ot let Ciri be married in Kovir, but failing to mention that even Yen accepted that in the end. That's how formidable Phil is.
>>
>>187333298
well W3 is definitely a better game than the other two, despite the fact that it isn't the best WITCHER game out of the three
>>
>>187333298
He's played all of the games but hasn't read the books. Actually not sure why he hasn't read them since he isn't opposed to reading and he loves the shit out of the games.
>>
>>187332473
I can't wait to see what Radovid's master plan is. No way he's not well aware of the thread Nilfgaard poses. Even the massacre at Loc Muinne must be part of some kind of contingency.

>In the beginning, there was Chaos
What does it mean?
>>
>>187333648
Poor guy doesn't even know he's going to be turned into a cliche fuckboy
>>
>>187333648
I wonder what happened to Adda.
>>
>>187333481
I might agree if they hadn't fucked up in The Witcher 3 with everything either brushed under the rug or her actively crying about Philippa maybe being hurt but, they did. People that have read the books take it hard on Triss because again, people are way more affected by these personal emotional betrayals than conspiracies and war crimes. Philippa does far worse but you expect that from Philippa, so you don't get quite so upset. People that love a good villain even like her for it even as they feel bad for her victims. Triss though doesn't offer much for either the big plot guys (since as you say, she's mostly just a follower in over her head) or the personal emoetional connection guys (who are inevitably rooting for Geralt, Ciri, and Yennefer). Thus the disproportionate reaction.

Also I'm sure I've read this exact same post from you before, word for word. So yeah. Gonna talk to other people now.
>>
>>187333537
>well W3 is definitely a better game than the other two,
Depends on how you figure. I think you can make a good argument for any game of the trilogy being the best game of the three, but I'd argue TW2 was the best all around.

>>187333624
Ok see that makes sense. If you haven't read the books then a lot of TW3's flaws in plot terms are easily rationalized away with a simple "Well I don't get it but I'm sure it makes more sense if I'd read the books." Only if you'd read them would you realize that, well, no. It doesn't.
>>
>>187334012
I just want to see the big clashes promised in the open world. The front is actually supposed to move while you play. Imagine say, stumbling on a clash between Knights of the Flaming Rose and Nilfgaardian cavalry and either walking away or intervening and changing who owns that stretch of No-Man's Land. I think I'm even more excited for stuff like that than the injury system they promised for hunting big monsters.
>>
>>187334246
The Lodge situation gets resolved at the end of TW2 imo. There isn't much left there. They are declared enemies, they are persecuted and not much is left for them. Their plans failed. Triss is not actively crying over Philippa being hurt, she expresses slight concern at best and her being more of the side of her former colleges over Radovid, the madman torturing them to death, isn't that surprising. Even Yen leans more toward them.

The main reason some people vilify Triss are the waifu wars from TW3. Her worst action in the books is refusing to clear Yen's name(actually Philippa does and Triss is too much of coward to stand up to her) and going with Lodge's plans to marry Ciri(which Yen also agrees on later).

And Triss' positive actions in both the books and the games trump any bad thing she did.
>>
>>187335145
>(which Yen also agrees on later).
Oh come on now. I wasn't going to respond to you but Yennefer agrees to that plan in the same way Poland agreed to be divided between the USSR and Germany. That's just silly.
>>
>>187335426
Yeah, but it goes to show the authority Philippa has. We know how much Yen loves Ciri and that she would do anything for her, yet she is forced to accept their will. Expecting Triss(who is not exactly known for her bravery) to go against Phil is unrealistic. Blaming Triss for the Lodge's actions is like blaming Romania or Hungary for WW2.
>>
File: Ciri consider the following.png (222KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
Ciri consider the following.png
222KB, 500x274px
>>187333537
>>187334372
>Plot
TW2>Hearts of Stone>TW3=TW1>Blood and Whine

>Emotional highs/Muh Feels
TW3>Hearts of Stone>TW2=TW1>Blood and Whine

>RPG Crunch/Game Systems
TW1>TW3>TW2

>General Gameplay/Combat flow
TW3>TW2>TW1

>Atmosphere
TW1>Hearts of Stone=TW3>TW2>Blood and Whine

>Art Design
TW2>TW3>TW1

>Music
TW1>TW3>TW2

>Voice Acting
TW2>Hearts of Stone=TW3>Blood and Whine>>>>>>>TW1

>This Anon's Personal hot take
Hearts of Stone>TW2>TW3>TW1>Blood And Whine

>Blood and Whine a shit
Blood and Whine

This list is comprehensive, objective, and indisputable.
>>
>>187335881
So you're saying Triss should be treated like Axis allies? brb selling Triss to Russians
>>
File: Yen Consider the Following.jpg (787KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yen Consider the Following.jpg
787KB, 1920x1080px
>>187335942
Oops, forgot

>Choices and Consequences
TW2>>>>TW1>Blood and Whine>TW3=Hearts of Stone
>>
>>187335942
>Plot
Same as you

>Feels
TW3>TW2>BaW>HoS>TW1

>RPG
Same

>Gameplay
Same

>Atmosphere
TW1>TW3>TW2>BaW>HoS

>Art
TW3>TW2>TW1

>Music
TW3>TW1>TW2

>VA
the rest>>>TW1

>My favs
TW2>TW3>HoS>TW1>BaW

>Choices
TW2>TW3>TW1>BaW>HoS

Blood and Wine was OK, but not spectacular.

>>187336087
Well, her authority in the Lodge is not that big. She is the youngest, least experienced one and sometimes they even treat her like a kid. Little Merigold. She takes her share of blame for their book actions and she's pretty much innocent of their game mishaps.
>>
Here's a good one
>Best Geralt
I got TW2>TW1>TW3
>>
File: Gaunter is unimpressed.jpg (406KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gaunter is unimpressed.jpg
406KB, 1920x1080px
>>187336748
>Waifu fags hate best game story and love dumb fanservice expansion
Makes sense
>>
>>187337061
Wait read the rest and was surprised.

>liking HoS more than BaW but think BaW has better atmosphere and feels

weird
>>
>>187337061
Um, where did I say I like BaW the best? I said the opposite. It's the weakest one story wise. Plot wise TW2 is king.
>>
>>187336748
>Yennefer
>at a Triss and Geralt wedding
I mean Geralt is emotionally retarded enough to invite her but no way she'd show up.
>>
File: 1499653463769.jpg (130KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1499653463769.jpg
130KB, 600x620px
>Three or four wraiths teleporting all over the place ( I can never tell how many there are)
>Freeze bombs are long gone
>Get stuck on a fence and die
I'm almost tempted to slay the fucking botchling. These things are worse than ghoul nests.
>>
>>187336983
I think TW3 wins best Geralt if you leave out Blood and Wine where he turns into generic RPG protagonist. But if you don't then TW2 was most true to his characterization. Which is very impressive considering the array of choices the player is given. It has to be very hard to make all those mutually exclusive actions something Geralt would conceivably do.

I hope CDPR has a huge financial crisis in the future. They seem to do their best work when operating under threat of bankruptcy.
>>
>>187337406
Still not as bad as the Melitelé's heart quest in TW2.
>>
>>187337227
HoS has a far better story than BaW, more interesting plot and characters. Atmosphere wise Toussaint is pretty great and HoS while having moments like the wedding and the Everec mansion is same old Novigrad.

Feels wise, the ending of BaW is quite emotional and having Triss visit is a pretty big deal for me. She gives me more feels than anything.

>>187337341
Not showing up would mean she's showing weakness and being hurt. She came there to fake indifference.
>>
>>187337832
>Atmosphere wise Toussaint is pretty great
Personally I found the colors over saturated and I don't like accordion music so I guess I'm biased. I actually can't remember a single piece of music from Blood and Wine though, besides remembering the general atmospheric theme annoying me.

>Feels wise, the ending of BaW is quite emotional and having Triss visit is a pretty big deal for me
Standard biodrone response then. Have Geralt directly address the player then shove in their waifu. 10/10 game of the year.

>Not showing up would mean she's showing weakness and being hurt. She came there to fake indifference.
That would imply she still has hope or cares what they think about her. Given her actions in Sword of Destiny even before she got a lot of character development in later books, she'd go the avoidant route. She only feigned indifference during break ups there when circumstances forced them together. Otherwise she actively avoided him. And this would be a way bigger deal than any of those.

Ah who are we kidding, she'd an hero as soon as she saw how happy Ciri was with her new mama/big sis in this reality.
>>
In TW1, why wasn't the face of the Scoia'tael Toruviel instead of Yaevinn? Yaevinn has always and will always be a huge asshole. They try to make it a hard choice but when the two sides are selling the same shit, but one salesman is Siegfried and the other is Yaevinn, there's just no contest.
>>
>>187337832
>Hos better story
No.
>Pick between letting a fucking faggot die and letting him get away with 0 punishment for his awful decisions
>either way you spend half the time helping the faggot out
>get captured by niggers too
Awful.
>>
>>187338338
>I found the colors over saturated and I don't like accordion music
I thought it was a nice change from the environments we saw in the base game. I liked a bit of sun.

>Standard biodrone response then
Whatever. Triss ahs been there since the first game. I adore her and Geralt and seeing her be there in the very end felt very pleasing to me.

>That would imply she still has hope or cares what they think about her
I mean, I just put her there for shits and giggles. I doubt Philippa and Dijkstra would care to show up either let alone be all friendly.
>>
>>187339247
What an insightful analysis. This is why CDPR is turning into Bioware folks.
>>
>>187339448
If you say so.
>>
>>187339438
Philippa would show up because she wants to cuckold Geralt and fuck Triss in a wedding gown.

Dijkstra would show up for free food and booze and so he could later spy on Phil and Triss fucking
>>
>>187339642
I do what are you gonna do about it fagget
>>
>>187339654
>she wants to cuckold Geralt and fuck Triss in a wedding gown
>dijkstra watching
I can support that.
>>
>>187339936
nice pic, did you use Triss' nude body on Philippa? they seem to have the same mole
>>
>>187340192
Not him but I think there's only like four female bodies and maybe three nude textures in the game so it's kind of hard to avoid.
>>
File: Vesemir.jpg (230KB, 372x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vesemir.jpg
230KB, 372x720px
>Ciri, did I ever tell you about Leo?
>He was my child surprise, murdered by Salamandra and then later resurrected as a ghost even though the Wild Hunt isn't supposed to work that way.
>He was a good friend.
>>
>>187340192
Thjey all share the same texture(Triss, Yen, whores...except Ciri). Philippa is thicker than Triss but you can't tell from this angle and I can't show too much here either due to NSFW not being allowed.
>>
>>187340580
I thought Phil and Triss both had the "voluptuous" body. Are there actually two of those? A thicc and a super thicc? I thought there was just voluptuous, standard, and waifish bodies in game.
>>
>>187340580
>>187340372
Damn that's lame as fuck, i swear Witcher 2 was more robust in this area
>>
>>187340580
>triss spammer
>Afraid of getting banned
Maybe things actually have changed here. Oh well, your filter a shit anyway.

>>187340752
I think they may have had more body types in general but they were less detailed and I think they all shared textures too except for Ves. Someone at CDPR likes tattoos and scars.
>>
>>187340695
There is skinny(Yen, Syanna), moderate(Keira, Shani), thicc(Triss), thicker(Phil) and fat(I only saw this one thanks to mods)
>>
>>187340580
Come to think of it isn't Ciri the only major character with mandatory partial nudity? In theory you can skip all the others.

>>187340889
There's a dummied out fat body? And they bothered to give Phil a unique body? Weird. Can I get a comparison of these somewhere?
>>
>>187340889
Is Ciri's model actually unique below the neck or is the muscle all texture stuff?
>>
>>187340996
i know theres one brothel slut at crippling kates with Philippas supposed unique body type. I know because i recall her bigger titters
>>
>>187341142
I was pretty sure that Triss had the biggest in the game. I guess I didn't pay enough attention at the brothels.
>>
>>187340813
>Afraid of getting banned
I'm a rule abiding citizen of /wtc/. I know my limits. Ass is fine if you spoiler it, no tits or vaginas allowed.

>>187340996
>Come to think of it isn't Ciri the only major character with mandatory partial nudity?
Yen shows ass in the opening scene.

>There's a dummied out fat body? And they bothered to give Phil a unique body? Weird. Can I get a comparison of these somewhere?
There's a fat nude body that I never saw in the game but it's there. Using Sbui you can view it(there is also Shani lingerie model). Phil doesn't have a unique nude body, it's the body one of the hookers uses. I can make a comparison, but not now, I'm not on my main PC.
>>
>>187341391
>I'm a rule abiding citizen of /wtc/
What happened?
>>
>>187341391
>Yen dyes her hair and gets tit and ass implants
>>
>>187341139
I think it's unique.

>>187341454
I was always rule abiding. I only danced closer to the edge before.

>>187341568
It's actually Vivienne's hair.
>>
>>187341762
>It's actually Vivienne's hair.
I thought they had the same hair, just different colors.
>>
>>187341838
It's similar but not the same
>>
File: 1499984365205.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499984365205.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Would real life Ciri date a black guy?
>>
>>187344081
Yes. Ciri likes big dick.
>>
>>187344081
She has low self esteem, daddy issues, and terrible impulse control. What do you think?
>>
>>187345020
>>187345537
delet
>>
>>187347005
Count yourself lucky she's not fucking drowners and alghouls.
>>
>>187347136
who says she doesn't? why do you think she wants to be a witcher? endless supply of drowner cock
>>
>>187347451
>tfw no waterhag gf
>>
File: 1499662348501.png (70KB, 1049x995px) Image search: [Google]
1499662348501.png
70KB, 1049x995px
Can't decide if I want gigni or caretaker in weather control Dagon deck. I know caretaker is the more widely accepted choice but people play control Dagon less these days anyway, and gigni last game against discard Skellige which is the ideal caretaker matchup ended up being an 18 point play by roasting a pirate captain. I guess the ideal move is stealing a skirmisher or jacking his Olgierd in round 1 but gigni's nice, especially with shit like Caranthir to force rowstacking. I probably should update my list though since I'm still running mardromeme for god's sake.
>>
I bought the Witcher Enhanced Edition yesterday and I am about to start my first playthrough. Can anyone recommend me some good mods for this game? I have heard the combat is very horrible and can be fixed with proper mods.

Any general tips would be appreciated too. And the books are not mandatory to understand the story, right? I really don't want to spend months reading the books, before playing the games...
>>
>>187353126
Books definitely aren't mandatory. If anything they would come into play more for Witcher 2 and 3, but even those are fine without.

Dunno about mods as I can't say as I ever played it with mods. There's a slight rhythm game nature to Witcher 1's combat which isn't too horrible in the grand scheme of things so it might be worth trying vanilla first to see if it even bothers you that much. It has more stance changing than the other games, too. Most horrible part I remember about the combat is the fact that you're going to be running around in that goddamn swamp for 20 hours. There are a lot of cool quests and shit that happens in that swamp, but it doesn't change the fact that you're going to be in there for fucking ever.
>>
>>187353126
The Witcher Overhaul Project
Rise of the White Wolf Enhanced Edition

That's all you need, no need for books. The actual combat is comfy. The worst part of the game are the design decisions in how it relates to questing, like the swamp shit anon above mentioned
>>
>>187353409
Alright, thanks a lot, I think I am just going to grab the visual mods/re-textures. No gameplay overhauls for the first playthrough. And I am looking forward to this Swamp area.
>>
>>
>>187353951
Thanks for the mods suggestion. Both the re-texture project and UI overhaul look very lore-friendly.
>>
>>187353126
There's nothing wrong with the combat, it's just not an ARPG like the other two. Gamers today are just kiddies that only like third person shooters.

>Any general tips would be appreciated too. And the books are not mandatory to understand the story, right?
Not mandatory to get the absolute basics no.

>I really don't want to spend months reading the books, before playing the games...
They're not that long.
>>
>>187354717
I found a very short summary of all the Witcher books on "some" website. I am going to read that instead for now.
>>
>>187331796
>>187332849
>>187333138
So no one else has had a similar problem? I'm pretty stuck here. Would like to play the best game again.
>>
>>187353126
Play the first and second games then read the books after Geralt gets his memory back. Also play TW2 twice or you haven't actually finished it.
>>
>>187356004
You'd be better off reading nothing than a wiki entry or whatever. They're often really inaccurate. You're just going to be coming here annoying people with hit about how Triss is a wraith resurrected by the Wild Hunt or how all sorceresses are actually hags hiding under an illusion or Geralt having elder blood and other bullshit.
>>
>>187356209
Nope, sorry. All I could tell you is it couldn't (completely) be a Windows 10 issue since I played it with W10 last year. Admittedly on a desktop, but still.
>>
>>187356469
All technically true.
>>
>>187356620
I miss that Witcher 2 art, that pseudo 3D art on 3 was balls.
>>
>>187356620
I can't find any similar issues by googling either. Mostly because almost no one has played TW2 compared to TW3 so I keep getting Wild Hunt stuff.

>>187356738
You piece of shit I'm tracking your IP right now.'

>>187356753
When TW2 was the newest game everyone on 4chan hated the art and complained about it. They also bitched about the politics and wanted to get back to hunting random monsters. Funny how things work out.
>>
>>187356939
>When TW2 was the newest game everyone on 4chan hated the art and complained about it. They also bitched about the politics and wanted to get back to hunting random monsters.

I am not those men. I like The Witcher 3 and it is the GOAT open world RPG.
>>
File: the_witcher_2_death_of_henselt2.png (275KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
the_witcher_2_death_of_henselt2.png
275KB, 600x400px
>>187356620
I miss old witcher memes
>>
How is the Witcher lore compared to Dragon Age lore?
>>
>>187357098
>I am not those men. I like The Witcher 3 and it is the GOAT open world RPG.
You sure? You sound like them. Also TW3's open world is pretty crappy for everything but atmosphere.. Try a something like Morrowind or Gothic 1/2 instead to see how that should be done.
>>
>>187357260
>UHHH HE DOESN'T LIKE MUH RPGS HE MUST BE MUH BOOGIEMAN

How would you like to suck on my fat one?
>>
>>187357221
Well for starters, the Witcher doesn't have lore, it's got backstory. Novels try not to introduce much setting detail that's totally useless and just sits in an encyclopeda to the side like a Bioware game. And Sapkowski wasn't big on world building anyway since he was never trying to emulate tabletop RPG campaign.
>>
>>187357367
>I'm not someone that complained about the plot and politics focus but I sure am glad this game abandoned them for random monster hunts just like those other guys who i am not
>>
>>
>>187357908
>no Coen
>>
Thanks for all the answers regarding the Witcher games. Very friendly and helpful people here.

Much better than /dag/!
>>
>>187357221
What kind of a question is this? The Witcher is quite low fantasy compared to DA
>>
>>187358189
kys youre self

>>187358282
>low fantasy
Pedantic debate on subgenre definitions in 3...2...
>>
>>187356939
Your Google-fu may be questionable because the very first thing I turned up sounds extremely similar to your situation. Dude played with maxed settings on W7 and then it ran like hell in W10. Apparently his solution was running the GoG version as opposed to Steam since Steam was giving it the shits which sounds iffy to me but if that's an option for you it may be a shot. If a GoG copy isn't an option, try disabling the Steam overlay. Steam, settings, in-game, then remove the tick for enable the Steam overlay while in-game.

No idea if Steam's causing it like that dude or if disabling the Steam overlay would help, but on the off chance it IS Steam doing it that would be my first stab and troubleshooting. Also don't hack my IP bro, just spreading truthbombs.

>>187357221
Pretty much what the other anon said word for word. Generally speaking I like witcha's setting better in large part because it mostly avoids loredumps. One thing that tends to kill fantasy for me is if it goes too far up its own ass too quickly.
>>
>>187358407
Also to expand on the Google-fu, use quotes. Got wrapped up telling you about what I found rather than giving a link and how I found it.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/20920/discussions/0/535152511373811251/

Found thing, and thing was found by searching "witcher 2" windows 10 performance
The quotes being key. If you're not aware that forces Google to look for the thing in quotes, so in this case it's specifically looking for Witcher followed by 2 rather than just typing witcher 2 which would give you Witcher 3 thread where someone is talking about 2cat.
>>
>>187358407
>Apparently his solution was running the GoG version as opposed to Steam since Steam was giving it the shits which sounds iffy to me but if that's an option for you it may be a shot.
You know TW1 ran kind of shitty for me in steam this time too, but I hadn't played it on that laptop before and just figured it was poorly optimized. I'll give it a try,

>googlefu
In my defense, your results probably aren't the same as mine. Maybe I biased it towards Wild Hunt while searching for sfm porn or something.

>Also don't hack my IP bro, just spreading truthbombs.
If you're serious I really want to see you justify those.
>>
>>187358093
He dead.
>>
>>187358621
Nope, not serious. Just funposting since the thread's marginally active and I'm talking elsewhere and not currently playing a game.

Already did my Gwent daily so I'm just kind of spinning my wheels. Still considering picking up Elder Scrolls Online, and I'll probably play some BG1 here soonish.
>>
>>187359094
>Nope, not serious.
All of those are things I've seen posted seriously by people that claimed to have read the books. In particular that guy would shill his Ghost-Triss theory in every Witcher thread on /v/ back in the day.

>ESO
Ew.
>>
>>187359360
>Ew.
That's what's holding me back. On the one hand it sounds like it would be an inexpensive casual time waster since I would never do raids or anything. On the other hand I don't really give much of a shit about the TES setting and MMOs typically drive me up the wall. Probably won't pick it up because of that and because of the Xcom 2 expansion, bigass Gwent patch, Divinity Original Sin 2, and Dishonored 2 expansion all coming in the immediate future. Think there might even be some stuff I'm forgetting but I'm not sure, like I think Battletech is supposed to be this year.
>>
>>187359980
>On the other hand I don't really give much of a shit about the TES setting a
Wouldn't that be a positive? Most of the grognards like me hate it for being another nail in the coffin of everything that made it unique back in the Morrowind days.
>>
Is Gwent actually any good? I don't trust CDPR with game balance and all the "free to play" stuff makes me nervous. Though tbf I'm also biased that we got this instead of an enhanced edition.
>>
File: 1502999151033.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502999151033.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
*Block your path*
>>
>>187360459
Those half-cowls are so silly.
>>
>>187360459
Crinfrid Reavers would kick their ass. Then stick naughty parts into them.

>>187360539
They are but they're real. Medieval fashion was dumb.
>>
>>187360575
>They are but they're real. Medieval fashion was dumb

I didn't know that, props to CDPR.
>>
>>187360654
CDPR's art department knows its shit. I just wish they kept the impractical but unique witcher armors from TW2.
>>
File: 1500565363956.jpg (124KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500565363956.jpg
124KB, 1000x800px
>>187360113
I'd still call it a negative. Being casually in to the setting would be a positive and really enjoying the setting would make it a negative again like you mentioned. Morrowind was the only TES where I enjoyed the setting and lore but even that one I didn't go wild with it.

>>187360220
I'm much more of a Gwent player than I am a Witcher player since I love me some goddamn card games, but asking if it's good is a bit of a loaded question right now. Currently it's pretty decent if you play it casually but at the top end there are some dominant decks which admittedly is true of all card games, but in Gwent's case since there's so little RNG (Even for card drawing due to small deck size, constant mulligans and blacklist system, and tutor and card draw cards) that top end play almost always plays out the same way every single time. They're putting out a huge patch that's going to change something like 70% of the cards and add more cards in a week or two so shit will get shaken up then.

I can tell you in all honest it's probably the most free to play card game out there though. The "Deck cost" in individual card crafting materials is low and uniform so it's not like there are any wildly expensive decks, and you can very easily get a pack of cards a day and can reach 2 packs of cards a day without much more effort. Super free to play friendly, you just want to make sure you don't burn yourself out getting fucked up the ass before you start getting a card pool and learn how to play. Limiting yourself to the 100 and maybe the 75 ore daily tiers per day is probably best, then once you've got a better deck you can go hog wild if you want.
>>
>>
>>187360790
The campaign idea is still weird as fuck.

>Geralt: We have to stop Vilgefortz the only way I know how. By defeating him in a children's card game.
>>
>>187361125
Yeah, I'm not too sure how the campaign will pan out. Mildly annoyed to hear that the paid campaign can only be purchased with cash, since I dumped some money on cards with the thought of "Oh, well I enjoy playing the game now and if I collect all the cards early I can just stockpile ore for the campaign!" but such is life. Kind of hoping they let you craft the cards (Since there will be singleplayer-only campaign cards, but also something like 20 cards you earn from the campaign that can be used in multiplayer) with scrap, in which case I'll just use my huge mountain of ill-gotten scrap to get the cards and probably watch the campaign on Youtube or something.
>>
>>187362527
Yeah frankly I found the whole "oh we'll fix all the plot holes and glaring omissions with a paid card mini game" thing insulting.
>>
File: 280px-Gaunter_O'Dimm_TW3.png (138KB, 280x350px) Image search: [Google]
280px-Gaunter_O'Dimm_TW3.png
138KB, 280x350px
You can fix one, and only one of the following flaws with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

>Ciri is restored to something resembling her book personality
>The course of the Third Northern War makes sense. This includes both Nilfgaard and Redanian victory scenarios.
>The main "family" from the books features more heavily and actualy behaves like they like each other
>Iorveth and possibly Saskia return
>The White Frost is retconned again but this time into something that makes sense
>Emhyrs motives are rewritten to be logically consistent with previous characterization
>The Wild Hunt now features heavily in the game called "The Wild Hunt"

What do you choose?
>>
>>187363251
I choose my own path where Ciri is even more of a daughterfu bait, Milva also comes back because fuck you, and Roche becomes the king of Temeria
>>
>>
>>187365382
Maximum Bioware.
>>
File: Gaunter O'Dimm.jpg (14KB, 270x330px) Image search: [Google]
Gaunter O'Dimm.jpg
14KB, 270x330px
>>187365382
Ciri has a stroke and becomes more a daughterfu by regressing to the mentality of a 4 year old while still being cognizant enough of what she's lost to mourn it. Milva comes back and dies in an attempt to assassinate Roche, tyrant God-King of Temeria who ends up murdering everyone Geralt ever loved.

It's a deal.
>>
>>187363251
i choose more triss
>>
File: Gaunter O'Dimm.png (639KB, 600x854px) Image search: [Google]
Gaunter O'Dimm.png
639KB, 600x854px
>>187366439
Very well. You are now Triss and cursed to die if you don't personally sexually pleasure every waifufag you can find.
>>
>>187366742
>implying i won't spend the day touching myself to death in front of a mirror
>>
>>187366912
God damn it anon you paid the price LET ME HAVE THIS COME OUT OF YOUR ROOM
>>
>>187366912
Fair enough, but realize that death is only the beginning of your torments if you fail to fulfill this contract.
>>
File: Spooky scary Gaunter.jpg (482KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky scary Gaunter.jpg
482KB, 3840x2160px
>>187366912
Sorry, but you're now only sexually attracted to Geralt Cosplayers and Brunettes with avian fursonas.
>>
>>187366948
no. i'm triss and only i can play with my tits, butt and pussy.

>>187366964
i don't care. it's worth it.
>>
>>187367160
i don't care. i'd be triss and i could smell my own farts all day long
>>
>>187367408
She doesn't fart.
>>
>>187367408
I suck at tormenting freaks.
>>
>>187367617
pooping triss is canon. where there's poop, there's farts.
>>
Waifus <3
>>
>>187368579
>Waifus
were a mistake
>>
>>187358189
I wish you could have seen it in its prime.
>>
>>187368941
Nah, my Geralt loves his girls.
>>
>>187369262
>my Geralt
self insertfags were also a mistake
>>
>>187369438
I didn't say me. I said my Geralt. I'm not my Geralt, we're worlds apart. CDPR created the Geralt I so much like to call mine and I jsut happen to be his biggest fan.
>>
>>187368579
Philippa is my waifu.
>>
>>187369961
This is your waifu telling my waifu to get naked and lie in bed. I also have suspicions that your waifu banged my waifu in the books.
>>
>>187369961
Philippa is too well rounded a character to be a waifu and I don't just mean her tits.
>>
>>187370260
If she has a pussy and she's cute she can be a waifu.
>>
>>187370416
I know you're saying waifu jokingly to just mean that you like the character but be careful. It may subtly leech into your thoughts until eventually you do nothing but post screenshots of philippa 24 hours a day.
>>
>>187370260
I always treated people calling Triss and Yennefer waifus as doing so ironically. They're too dysfunctional to be waifus
>>
>>187370651
>I always treated people calling Triss and Yennefer waifus as doing so ironically.
You poor naive bastard, I envy you.
>>
>>187370651
I used to call Yennefer mai waifu because she was my favorite character but then I realized that almost no one here was doing it ironically and I just felt really dirty.
>>
>>187370651
I'm not too bothered with strict waifu definitions. I just really really like Trissfu. I never even knew about the term before I came here, but I grew to like using it.
>>
>>187370901
A waifufag so deep in the throes of waifuism that he embraces it willingly. Sad when that happens. Is this you?

https://pastebin.com/P4mMUwpW
>>
>>187371067
Like I said, I don't care about definitions. I just love my sweet Triss and seeing her happy with my Geralt.
>>
Triss has very ugly ears and there is nothing sexier than a hot woman with a slight deformity. That's one of my fetishes.
>>
>>187371546
>Triss has very ugly ears and there is nothing sexier than a hot woman with a slight deformity. That's one of my fetishes.
Why not Fringilla "The Monkey" Vigo then?
>>
>>187371657
I said a slight deformity(ugly ears, a blemish, a scar, giant nipples...) not a full on monkey face.
>>
>tfw actually think Fringilla is pretty.

>>187371898
>giant nipples
>deformity
u wot
>>
>>187371984
Those giant puffy nipples that practically cover the whole tit(especially if the tits are small). It's rare and hot to me, especially if the girl is beautiful.
>>
>>187372216
Yeah but that's not a deformity, that's just yet another of the myriad and beautiful forms of the areola.
>>
>>187372216
>>187372306
I miss when the Witcher series had nipple diversity. Fuck the racial stuff, I want to see more than one kind of tit. TW2 had every color and multiple size and texture combinations. Every tit in TW3 has the same sized/shaped nipple and areola. Just ranging from pink to light brown.

A step back desu senpai
>>
>>187372306
Not technically, but I'm talking freakishly large.
>>
>>187372435
I know the kind you mean. Where it looks like they skinned half an orange, painted it brown, and taped it to their breast?

Still not a deformity, still beautiful.
>>
>>187372410
This. Not only that, but the bodies all look similar and the texture is the same in TW3. I miss Triss' puffy nipples and hairy vagina from TW2.
>>
>>187372492
Yeah, that's the one. Sure, not a deformity but it's close. Kind of like having a giant nose or a small cock or tits.
>>
>>187372550
Even TW1 had visible bush.
>>
>>187372647
I still have to disagree. Small tits are a matter of taste. Tits are always beautiful as long as they aren't horribly scarred or something. It's just what you prefer. Though honestly I pretty much like them all. Just bored of the "standard" nipple that you see in everything. Or do you like them precisely because they seem ugly to you?
>>
>>187372683
They toned it down bush wise not to upset the mass audience. Fuck that, I like a good bush. Triss had one, Ves had one, dryad had one, vampire chicks...I want hot bushes DLC.
>>
>Tits, ass and vagina
This is the epitome of video game discussions.
>>
>>187372760
Small tits are fine, but I'm talking extremes here. Like having no tits at all or having a 5cm cock.

I like it when it stands out on an otherwise perfect girl. You could say that I find them ugly yet beautiful at the same time, therefore arousing.
>>
>>187372796
>dat mossy bush on the dryad
>no feathery harpy bushes
>no scaly waterhag bush

Yennefer and Ciri probably have very little hair cuz elven genes I guess.

>>187373001
I tried to have good discussion earlier but it didn't go anywhere. I gotta kill time somehow.
>>
>>187373030
So it is a fetishistic thing for you then? Fair enough.
>>
>>187373043
>Yennefer and Ciri probably have very little hair cuz elven genes I guess.
I always imagined Ciri to be very unkept down there. Yen I think trims.
>>
>>187373175
Did I imagine elves being said to have little body hair? Because if it's true, Yennefer's a quarter elf and Ciri has a bunch of elf alleles recapitulated in a human body. I'd think they'd be quite spare. I may prefer a good bush personally but we must exercise bush realism.
>>
>>187373132
Yeah, definitely. Like I said initially, small imperfections on an otherwise beautiful girl turn me on. That's why I enjoy Triss' hideous ears.
>>
>>187373175
Ciri's bush is worse Geralt's lice-filled beard.
>>
>>187373287
I've never even heard of this fetish. It's interesting. Any other examples? I didn't even know about Triss's ears, they're not visible with the default outfit.
>>
>>187373271
I don't remember elf hairiness being mentioned but they do seem to be less hairy as a general rule. Still, one quarter elf isn't enough to make a significant difference, maybe a slightly thinner bush. With Ciri it could be true I guess. The color of Ciri's pubes is a bigger mystery.
>>
File: frodo.png (325KB, 560x559px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
325KB, 560x559px
>>187373320
Why didn't Eredin just get some of Ciri's crabs? They'd be carrying elder blood.
>>
>>187373470
Yennefer's often mistaken for an elf from a distance in the books. Elf genes seem to run pretty strong.

>The color of Ciri's pubes is a bigger mystery.
She has really dark eyebrows. And in the books her hair is darker than in the games. So probably pretty dark.

>tfw this conversation is what you're doing on Saturday night
>>
>>187373368
I don't know, it ranges from having an ugly mole or a scar to maybe missing a limb in the most extreme cases. I don't even know if the fetish has a name, most likely it does, but I don't know it.

Triss' default hair didn't require ears so they made them a bit too large when they had to slap them on later for her alt outfit.
>>
>>187373736
>it was the trissfag all along
Bet you're sad she doesn't really have a badly scarred chest like the wikifags think.
>>
>>187373681
Maybe Yen's like a prepubescent girl down there, who knows...I like to imagine a trimmed bush though.

Ciri's carpet not matching the drapes is kind of hot though.

>on Saturday night
Jokes on you, it's Sunday morning here.
>>
>>187373865
>Ciri's carpet not matching the drapes is kind of hot though.
Seems likely. Happens even with natural blondes in real life often enough, much less her weirdo grey hair + black eyebrows.
>>
>>187373797
>like the wikifags think
I hate it when faggots pretend to have read the books or played the previous games and regurgitate the shit they read from some other faggot that's the same as them. Reddit is full of that ilk.

But yeah, I'd have no problem with Triss having scarred chest, it would be a bonus turn on. Like she doesn't hit enough of my fetishes already.
>>
>>187374086
>I hate it when faggots pretend to have read the books or played the previous games and regurgitate the shit they read from some other faggot that's the same as them. Reddit is full of that ilk.
It's fucking everywhere. I don't even remember people doing that shit for ASOIAF in /got/ threads. It's weird. Are gamers so illiterate that not only can they not read a book to completion, but they think finishing a book series is such a triumph that they should pretend they've done it anyway?
>>
File: That Witcher 4 Feel.png (904KB, 648x863px) Image search: [Google]
That Witcher 4 Feel.png
904KB, 648x863px
I just can't wait for /tv/ /wtc/ when the netflix show comes out. Imagine a permanent bloody free for all of bookfags vs gamefags vs showfags. The memes will fall as rain.
>>
>>187374285
I don't know. I have no explanation for it. People crave acceptance I guess. I just know I came across a lot of it and it's especially prominent on Reddit.
>>
>>187374547
>People crave acceptance I guess.
But the bookfags were toppled in the fanbase ages ago. Why should it matter?
>>
File: 1502773727691.png (443KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1502773727691.png
443KB, 750x750px
>>187374487
Geralt's Malt and Salt, formerly Foltest's Mest in Sest? I don't think it'll work anon.
>>
>>187375673
>formerly Foltest's Mest in Sest
Well done.

Also a return to big guy posting
>>
>>187375386
People use it as a thing of prestige. They feel it makes them bigger fans I guess. People like to feel superior even if it's based on lying to themselves. Same way I never understood the obsession with karma on reddit. Reddit is a weird place to me and I'm a weird guy myself. I always preferred /wtc/ where you can talk about anything, from waifu pubes color to some deep lore shit, although lately it's just been a husk of a thread waiting for the imminent death.
>>
>>187376148
>People use it as a thing of prestige. They feel it makes them bigger fans I guess.
If they love the franchise that much maybe they should just actually try reading them.
>>
>>187376148
>although lately it's just been a husk of a thread waiting for the imminent death.

>16 posters
Though to be fair at the worst of the waifuwar I'm not sure the thread was any better than this for being 10 times as fast with 20 times as many posters. Witcher threads were best far between releases until the lead up to Hearts of Stone somehow killed them.
>>
>>187376325
Usually I don't care, I only engage them when they try to badmouth muh waifu.

>>187376435
I agree. I like /wtc/ best when it moves at a moderate speed. When you burn several threads a day it loses some of its charm imo.

Still, most people have moved on. It's been over two years and not many new people will play the game to keep the influx of new players healthy. I've seen so many posters come and go, and there were a few times when I was about to let it die due to extreme inactivity, but suddenly a burst of activity happens and somehow it lives another day.

Also, people have discussed pretty much everything many times over, hardly ever a new topic comes up. Hell, even the pubes thing. I think I saw it discussed at least 20 different times since I'm here. I think it's a mater of weeks before it's done for good.
>>
>>187376813
>I only engage them when they try to badmouth muh waifu.
The burn victim meme?
>>
>>187376813
>, but suddenly a burst of activity happens and somehow it lives another day.
An old dedicated fan comes back to reminisce or share some new insights, tries to connect with others doing the same, finds a /meg/ tier wasteland; and failing, leaves. So /wtc/ limps on.
>>
File: witcher3_2017_08_12_01_23_10_991.jpg (987KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2017_08_12_01_23_10_991.jpg
987KB, 1920x1080px
>>187376870
Yeah that, but I've also heard some ridiculous things like: Triss used a love potion to drug Geralt's drink and rape him or she used his amnesia in the books and whatnot.

>>187377038
Today it was you, tomorrow some newfag, but there will come the day when no one will remain but me and Triss.
>>
>>187377426
>Triss used a love potion to drug Geralt's drink and rape him
There's actually textual support for that one. It's not conclusive but it's there.

>or she used his amnesia in the books and whatnot.
kek there are people that think he had amnesia in the books? Do they think they've "read the books" because they believe the games are a remake and not a sequel?
>>
>>187377426
>heard some ridiculous things like: Triss used a love potion to drug Geralt's drink
Well...

>Today it was you, tomorrow some newfag, but there will come the day when no one will remain but me and Triss.
One day we will be posting angrily in the Witcher /tv/ thread years from now and realize we were responding to each other all along.
>>
>>187377502
>There's actually textual support for that one.
I don't see it. I don't get why people assume the magic thing to be malicious. Magic can be used for seduction in far more subtle ways. Also the context of the passage with Geralt needing company as well as the words "brief relationship" along with how Geralt treats Triss and how he even takes responsibility for what has happened between them during the conversation where he turns her down. I don't see Triss being written like that, she's more of a naive, idealistic coward than a scheming rapist. Also, I don't buy that Sapkowski wrote his protagonist as an oblivious rape victim. And of course, love potion, drink and that shit is never mentioned anywhere.

They haven't played the previous games or read the books. They see the amnesia thing being mentioned and they mix it up. Then they want to act smart and be waifufaggots.
>>
>>187377728
I'm just saying that while I see that as a stretch it's not totally ridiculous and utterly without basis like the other stuff you mentioned. For my part I took the "with the help of a little magic" thing to probably be more along of Yen's handy viagra spell than a roofie. Just made him extra horny at a vulnerable moment. Not exactly rape. Although, not very nice, either.
>>
>>187377657
>One day we will be posting angrily in the Witcher /tv/ thread years
I don't know. I don't watch a lot of TV. I recently binge watched GoT for the first time and before that I think the last show I watched were The Sopranos and that was 10+ years ago. I'm not too interested in the show. I'll only check it out because it's the Witcher but I don't see myself going to threads about it, but who knows...
>>
>>187377890
>I'll only check it out because it's the Witcher but I don't see myself going to threads about it, but who knows...
If they bother to cast Triss for the first season instead of waiting you'll be there and you know it. Given it's tv and execs love forced love triangles i wouldn't be surprised if they do just that and have Triss appear earlier and much more prominently than in the books.
>>
>>187377871
Triss' seduction of Geralt in the books is a shitty thing to do because it's opportunistic and she only did it out of jealousy and curiosity, and Yen is her close friend, so yeah, not the nicest thing, but far from rape.

I always remember Keira's game quest. You can describe it easily as Keira seduced Geralt with the help of a little magic. She conjured up the clothes, horses, created the mood...but there wasn't anything malicious about it and there is nothing wrong in trying to seduce a person you like. The whole thing is described as seduction. Seduction is not rape.

I feel it's out of basis if you closely look at the context of the passage and the whole first part of BoE and how Geralt treats Triss. You don't invite your rapist to take care of your daughter among other things. Not to mention he openly takes responsibility for it. People give no credit to Geralt sometimes.

>>187377947
I don't think Triss will be there in the first season. I think they will cover some of the short stories in the first one and start the Saga from the second. I don't want them giving Triss some made up role she didn't have in the books and I certainly don't want a love triangle. Besides, whatever actress they hire for Triss, there's no way I could ever view her as the Triss I love.
>>
>>187378289
>I always remember Keira's game quest. You can describe it easily as Keira seduced Geralt with the help of a little magic. She conjured up the clothes, horses, created the mood...but there wasn't anything malicious about it and there is nothing wrong in trying to seduce a person you like. The whole thing is described as seduction. Seduction is not rape.
Yeah it could have been that too but Triss never struck me as subtle nor as that being the kind of thing Sapkowski would bother to mention. But it's a single line so again, mostly speculation.

> and how Geralt treats Triss. You don't invite your rapist to take care of your daughter among other things.
Well obviously Geralt wouldn't know in this instance if his boner was magical and not just him being his usual horny self. It's not like he hasn't done dumb shit before. Look how he treated Essi.
>>
>>187378289
>Besides, whatever actress they hire for Triss, there's no way I could ever view her as the Triss I love.
In two years we'll see posts of you disavowing this post and being shocked at how perfectly the show makers got her.
>>
>>187378289
>I always remember Keira's game quest. You can describe it easily as Keira seduced Geralt with the help of a little magic.
I played Geralt as monogomous once Yennefer was back in the picture anyway. Seemed more in character.

Gotta wonder how many sex cards Yennefer collected back in Nilfgaard before she was captured though.
>>
>>187378381
>It's not like he hasn't done dumb shit before. Look how he treated Essi.
Actually come to think of it, him fucking Yennefer on Belleteyn was actually kinda scummy. She repeatedly said she didn't want to but just couldn't stop if he pressed the issue.

Geralt is kind of an asshole. He probably assumed what happened with Triss was entirely his fault. Even felt guilty about it. The perfect crime.
>>
>>187378381
But that would imply that Sapkowski wrote him as an oblivious rape victim and I jsut don't see it. Especially considering the whole tragic infatuation and general way Triss is written. She might not be the subtle seductive type, but she's no manipulative raping one either. And the line is very tame and coupled with their other interactions...I just don't see it.

>>187378440
No way, at least physically. Game Triss will forever remain my image of the character. A real human actress breaks my immersion.

>>187378510
I play a super monogamous Geralt. He never cheated on Triss once during the whole trilogy, but I did one horndog playthorugh to see all the waifus. Hell, I even did one Yen playthrough.
>>
>>187378648
>But that would imply that Sapkowski wrote him as an oblivious rape victim and I jsut don't see it.
Well again I'm hesitant to describe it as rape. I was just playing devil's advocate on that point.
>>
>>187378648
>Game Triss will forever remain my image of the character.
They'll find a big titted ginger with a wide face easily enough. Especially since the UK has tax breaks for filming there.

>I play a super monogamous Geralt. He never cheated on Triss once during the whole trilogy, but I did one horndog playthorugh to see all the waifus. Hell, I even did one Yen playthrough.
Correct way to play Geralt is emotionally retarded horndog in TW1, emotionally retarded but slightly confused and guilty guy in TW2 with only one significant deviation from Triss, then monogomous autistic waifufag in TW3.
>>
>>187378784
>then monogomous autistic waifufag in TW3.
Specifically a monogomous autistic Yenfag. I should have made that clear.
>>
>>187378712
I mean, if she actually used any type of mind control or a drug, that would definitely be a rape, but such a thing was never mentioned. Seducing a man when he's down and vulnerable is shady but it's no rape. But yeah, we have our views, we don't have to agree.

>>187378784
>They'll find a big titted ginger with a wide face easily enough.
It doesn't matter. I'll know she's a real person pretending to be someone else. Immersion broken.

You can play Geralt however you prefer, but I play him as someone who gets attached to Triss early in the first game, develops a relationship with her and falls in love. Then his memory comes back and so does his love for Yen, so he's conflicted. He parts with Triss and goes to see how things stand between him and Yen, but after meeting Triss in Novigrad he realizes she is the one for him and they fuck of to Kovir. That's my Geralt.
>>
>>
>>187379102
>I mean, if she actually used any type of mind control or a drug, that would definitely be a rape, but such a thing was never mentioned.
I mean it gets a bit semantic. Like sleeping with a drunk girl is skeevy but is it rape? If it is, it's a lesser form of rape than drugging someone and fucking them while they're passed out. I think what we're dealing with is more the former than the latter.

>It doesn't matter. I'll know she's a real person pretending to be someone else.
You know Jaimi Barbakoff isn't really Triss right. She's not even American.
>>
>>187379102
>Then his memory comes back and so does his love for Yen,

There's actually an ambiguous line in a sequence in TW1 that could be read as implying Geralt misses Yen and Ciri on some level despite not remembering they exist in explicit terms. Only noticed it recently. Probably deliberately ambiguous though, like Triss's "So you love me and have forgotten about her?" thing being easy to read as referring to Shani on the surface, but at the same time maybe actually being a slip referring to Yennefer.
>>
>>187379307
Depending on how drunk the girl is. If she's drunk but willing and in a good mood, that's not rape. If she's passed out and you fuck her, than it's as different story, but yeah, we're dealing to something more similar to the former.

>Jaimi Barbakoff
I was talking more about the physical appearance. Besides, Jaimi is not my Triss, I play in Polish. Polish Triss is perfection imo.

>>187379402
>So you love me and have forgotten about her?
Yeah, I always view that line as if it refers to Yen. it's probably never intended too when the first game released, but given the context of the books and all three games, it fits way better.

And Geralt missing Yen and Ciri on a subconscious level would also be realistic, they are the two most important figures in his life.
>>
>>187379782
>I was talking more about the physical appearance. Besides, Jaimi is not my Triss, I play in Polish. Polish Triss is perfection imo.
Do you actually speak Polish?
>>
>>187379782
>it's probably never intended too when the first game released,
It's hard to tell. The writing in TW1 is such an uneven mix of mediocrity with nuggets of stupidity and brilliance.
>>
>>187379889
No, but I'm a Slav and I do understand some words and it's fairly easy to follow. Plus, I like the consistency of voices between games and I prefer Polish Geralt and Triss. Also, it increases my immersion and gives me that nice slav feel.

>>187379948
They clearly didn't know what they wanted and I highly doubt they planned a trilogy, so yeah, I tend to be more lenient when judging the first game. That line though fits way better for Yen, so whatever they intended, I don't give a fuck, I interpret it like that.
>>
>>187380369
>and I prefer Polish Geralt and Triss.
Well, Doug Cockle and Jaimi Barbakoff are the two worst actors in the English version.

>and I highly doubt they planned a trilogy, so yeah,
It's pretty clear that they never planned a trilogy at any point. They may or may not have always wanted to do a trilogy, but they sure as hell didn't plan it ahead much. Only reason it's not a complete mess is that they hired better writers than Bioware had.
>>
>>187379256
Not fat enough to be triss
>>
>>187380521
>Doug Cockle and Jaimi Barbakoff are the two worst actors in the English version.
Lambert is the worst one for me. Cockle is alright, but, Polish Geralt is just perfect imo. He sounds badass without trying to do a rough voice. Jaimi is just average, sometimes she sucks and sometimes I like her, she's not very consistent.

I think they planned a trilogy since TW2. It plants the seed for future story and it was clearly written with sequel in mind.

>>187380586
Triss is not fat. She's thicc.
>>
>>187380912
>Lambert is the worst one for me.
Lambert sounds like a whiny prick to me and I think that's exactly what they were going for.

>Jaimi is just average, sometimes she sucks and sometimes I like her, she's not very consistent.
I think the fake American accent must make her struggle. Would explain the inconsistency. Plus in her defense, some of her starting lines in TW2's prologue are crap.

>I think they planned a trilogy since TW2. It plants the seed for future story and it was clearly written with sequel in mind.
They really failed to reap then.
>>
>>187381280
>Lambert sounds like a whiny prick
His voice is too high pitched. He sounds like he didn't hit puberty to me.

>Jaimi
When I first heard her in TW3, I thought they changed the actress again, but whatever, she alright for a playthrough or two. Polish Triss is for life.

>They really failed to reap then.
Tell me about it. I remember having several save files prepared for import, thinking which one should I go with first, but nothing came out of it. Political story was swept aside. I get why they did it, TW3 was the first Witcher game for a lot of people and it needed to be as standalone as possible. They could have done a far better job with it though and give something to the older fans too and not completely fuck them over for new console market.
>>
>>187381607
>I get why they did it, TW3 was the first Witcher game for a lot of people and it needed to be as standalone as possible. T
It didn't need to be. Most people playing didn't get the plot anyway. The marketing retards just THOUGHT it needed to be that way.
>>
>>187381615
Tumblr
>>
>>187381607
>>187381821
>It's the third part of a trilogy but I'll start here
Why is this allowed? If you did this with a movie or book series everyone would call you retarded. And they'd be right.
>>
>>187381821
I don't like it either. TW2 is my favorite story wise. I don't think there's much to get in TW3's plot though. Find Ciri and kill the bad guys is all you need to know on the most basic level some people play the game anyway.
>>
>>187381932
People have little patience to read, they have little patience playing older games and TW1 and TW2 are more hardcore compared to TW3. Most people just want easy entertainment.
>>
>>187382000
>I don't think there's much to get in TW3's plot though.
But what's there doesn't make sense. If anything it being a sequel helped it because it makes people that haven't played the rest of the games or read the books less likely to question plot holes.
>>
>>187382091
Dark Souls was a huge success and it's not easy. People will play it just to say they've played it if it has enough inertia behind it. They won't play it long but who cares, you'll have their 60 bucks and most people barely play any of the games they own anyway.

>TW1
Is the easiest game in the series.
>>
>>187381880
So...here?
>>
>>187382448
No, a different cesspit.
>>
>>187382121
I wouldn't say it doesn't make sense, but it's not really done that well. Wild Hunt is very underdeveloped and the game focused more on the muh feels moments with Ciri than their enemies. I like muh feels moments, but I also like an interesting villains and story and TW2 had the best, morally ambiguous villains in the series. Phil, Letho, Henselt, Shilard, Dethmold, Sile, Loredo...all brilliant and all with realistic motivations. TW3 has one liner Eredin, I like succubi whores Imlerith, crazy Radovid, generic evil creep Whoreson, but to be fair it also has Gaunter, The Crones.

I think they just wanted to keep it simple, at least as far as the main quest goes. TW2 needed several playthorughs to full get the story and some people complained it was too political.

Third act and Ciri stopping the Frost is also very stupid stupid, so I tend to ignore it as much as I can.
>>
>>187382590
>on the muh feels moments with Ciri than their enemies
The biggest of which makes no sense on any level.
>>
>>187382590
>The least important part of the witcher series is the main story so let's just not develop it much
-Marcin "Please gib B12 shots" Iwinski
>>
>>187382629
What do you mean? I get why they did those muh feels moments. With the main story revolving so heavily over Ciri, they needed to make the players care for her. That led to her flaws being swept under the rug with the perfect daughterfu remaining. But I'm not gonna lie, I like the Geralt/Ciri scenes.
>>
>>187382590
>TW2 needed several playthorughs to full get the story and some people complained it was too political.
This is why devs shouldn't listen to what consumers say. TW2 saved the studio and put them in the mainstream. Reversing course afterwards is stupid.

>>187382725
The biggest muh feels moment for Ciri is the Empress ending, which is full on retarded with none of the characters involved acting like themselves and the plot bending over backwards just to allow it at all.
>>
>>187382761
>The biggest muh feels moment for Ciri is the Empress ending
I think finding her is a more emotional moment. I also prefer the snow fight and the lab. But I'm not a big fan of the Empress ending. It is hard on the feels though.

About TW2, I agree. I love that game to death, in many ways it's my favorite in the series.
>>
>>187382898
TW2 may well be the best written game ever made and I'll always be sad the studio that made it chose to abandon that way of doing things. The moments of brilliance in TW3 and all the set up from TW2 just makes it grate all the more.
>>
>>187382898
>Ciri sentences Geralt and Yennefer to death.jpg
Day one of her reign is going well.
>>
>>187382957
>TW2 may well be the best written game ever made
I agree, but too late now. TW3 still turned out pretty great imo despite its flaws. Maybe they nail the story in Cyberpunk.I hope they do.
>>
>>187383016
Better that than making babies with Voorhis
>>
>>187383104
>I agree, but too late now. TW3 still turned out pretty great imo despite its flaws. Maybe they nail the story in Cyberpunk.I hope they do.
They won't. TW3 did far better than TW2 so most likely they'll follow its example, even if I'd argue that it would have done just as well if not better if they'd stuck to a more TW2 style formula.

Cyberpunk is also burdened with a lack of a real protagonist and is a tabletop setting and not a novel, so their writers have less to work with. Their own work has seen mixed success. The Philip Strenger stuff was all great and totally original, but the Detlaff crap in Blood and Wine felt like it came from another company entirely.
>>
>>187383231
Nice of her to let Yennefer see her granddaughter before she has her drawn and quartered in Victory Square.
>>
>>187376148
>although lately it's just been a husk of a thread waiting for the imminent death.
When was the last time a new meme was even produced?
>>
>>187383562
Cyberpunk will be a test for their writters, that's for sure. The had a rich source material ot work with for TW, now they're alone.

>>187383621
Empress Ciri is tight with Yen. She didn't mean what she said in the epilogue.

>>187383723
I don't understand memes, never did.
>>
>>187383834
>Empress Ciri is tight with Yen.
Yeah racks tend to get pretty tight with a competent lord torturer supervising them.
>>
>>187383870
Why would she torture Yen?
>>
>>187384024
It's for the good of the empire. Emhyr and Philippa assured her.
>>
>>187384124
I hope Philippa gave her some lessons in the bedroom too.
>>
>>187384024
>>187384124
Yennefer betrayed Emhyr by helping at least one Lodge member escape. She didn't exactly do her upmost to convince Ciri to be Empress either, and aided Geralt in his various insubordinations. She's an enemy of the state.

>>187384305
You know it.
>>
>>187384342
Philippa would eat Ciri alive in the bedroom. It would be brutal
>>
>>187384832
And she thought being with Mistle was suffering. Hope she doesn't overdo it though. Don't want to end up with Radovid: Elder Blood edition.
>>
>>187379256
there's no cellphones in the witcher WTF
>>
>>187385254
But if there were, sorceresses would do nothing put post selfies.
>>
>>187382000

my dick
>>
HUGHH
chop-chop CHOP-CHOP!
HUGHH
chop-chop CHOP-CHOP!
HUGHH
chop-chop CHOP-CHOP!
Dead...
>>
>>187385570
>Die shit eater!
>You dare challenge the Salamandra!
>Die shit eater!
>>
>>187385657
You will regret the day you were born!
>>
>>187385906
Temeria for Temerians!
Death to all shit eaters!
Elves to the moon!
>>
>>187386357
your mother sucks dwarf cock!
>>
>>187386936
A LITTLE ELF WAS SKIPPIN DOWN THE PATH
>>
>>187387242
it's like marshal Raupenneck said: the only good elf is a dead elf
>>
>>
>Oh, and just before dawn he dreams of Triss Merigold.
>After her stay in the temple the year before the boy had dreamed about the sorceress several times.
>The dreams had made Jarre do things which he was very ashamed of afterwards.
I don't get it. What did they make him do?
>>
>>187389486
>tfw went with Yen

Kill me
>>
>>187389764
>Even acknowledging Yen's existence when Morrigan exists
>>
>>187389764
why do you regret it?
>>
Voorhis starts fuckin' Foltests bitch after he dies(Louisa La Valette) then he starts fuckin' Geralts daughter as the soon-to-be Queen of Nilfgaard. What a dog.
>>
>>187390852
She's a colossal bitch
>>
>>187393580
Voorhis can't fuck Ciri if she's on the path.
>>
>>187393778
This is true
>>
>>187389710
Fap vigorously thinking about her butt.
>>
File: Iocaste.jpg (310KB, 1903x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Iocaste.jpg
310KB, 1903x1080px
Did you kill Iocaste, /wtc/?
>>
>>187396694
Yes, a dangerous monster is a dangerous monster, first or the last of its species, with white scales or green. Monsters are a disease and Geralt is the cure.
>>
>>187396694
I did, and was rustled by how this ostensibly morally ambiguous quest was fucking decided black-and-white when the ominous music was playing when i was fucking it up. So stupid
>>
>>187397006
>>187397081
I killed it too. But that nobleman was pissed and said that he will make all herbalists and alchemists hate me. The reavers, on the other hand, said that they will help me deal with the guilds and artisans. How much does this affect prices and trading in the game?
>>
>>187398169
Nothing major.
>>
>>187398169
I don't remember the price difference but merchants prices go down, alch/herbalists prices go up, and vise-versa depending on your choice. Killing the thing is the more practical thing to do because of how useless alch/herbalists are at this point of the game
>>
>>
>>187399229
Hey it's Triss, Geralt, and that Elf
>>
>>187399314
You don't like Iorvetho?
>>
I always got the impression Triss fucked Iorveth.
>>
>>187399054
So it seems that killing the basilisk is much more practical and beneficial. I usually have all the potions i need by the end of the main storyline, and a discount when crafting grandmaster gear is really useful since it's expensive af.
>>
>>187399594
I love Iorveth, shame CDPR doesn't
>>
>>187399594
All the Scoia'tael should be sent to Drakenborg death camp in Redania and executed like the terrorists they are.
>>
>>187399708
They never even talked to each other.

>>187399783
Yeah, a great injustice has been done to him. He'll probably get a Gwent campaign for what is worth.

>>187399901
All hail king Radovid
>>
>>187400143
theres a line which says they spent some time with eachother i think triss says it

and she is a slut so they probably fucked
>>
>>187400284
I don't remember that. When does that happen? They see him when they arrive at Flotsam, and later she gets kidnapped. If you go down the Iorveth's path you can find him half dead and after they save him Triss teleports him somewhere to get treated and comes back.

Sorry, I don't see it. Triss is only slut for Geralt and Iorveth faps to Saskia exclusively.
>>
>>187389710
>I don't get it. What did they make him do?
Pay real world money for an online children's card game.
>>
>>187393635
Triss is a bigger bitch unless you really value words over actions. Besides, Yen is really tame in the game.
>>
>>187393778
No but everyone else can.

>>187396694
Of course.

>>187397081
Blood and Wine is bad.

>>187399783
Never 4get
>>
>>187400284
>>187400813
You're thinking of best elf bro Cedric. I don't know if they fucked but Triss probably flirted with him a lot to get him to help her ransack Silé's place.

>Triss is only slut for Geralt
Phil says hi.
>>
>>187401153
I value Triss' actions. Directly saved Geralt's life 7 times, shows tremendous growth during the trilogy, helps innocent people in need, gets tortured for info about Dandelion, comes up with a plan to use Dudu as Menge, helps with the battle of KM, helps locate the Lodge members, helps Ciri during her transition, helps witchers defeat Salamandra and take their secrets back... And she's an absolute sweetheart while doing it.
>>
>>187401384
oh thats right

i only played it twice and that was years ago
>>
>>187401501
Even if I accept your count she's still hurt Geralt more than Yennefer and done less to help. I mean, you don't have to like either one of them but if Yen's a bitch then so is Triss. Again, unless you care more about tact than deeds.
>>
>>187401384
I liked how Geralt gets all jealous when Cedric shows interest in Triss. I doubt Triss has any interest in Cedric though, why would she when she finally has Geralt's wee wee to play with.

>Phil says hi
That's pure lesbian love :3
>>
>>187401609
Don't even try to argue with the Triss spammer over this. better posters than you have done it for thousands of words and achieved nothing.
>>
File: letho_by_daerdin-d45yfk8.jpg (71KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
letho_by_daerdin-d45yfk8.jpg
71KB, 1024x640px
>got TW2 working again
>get chills as soon as Geralt steps out of the tent and the music starts up
>get them again when the sorceress them starts up before Foltest and Geralt run into Letho in the solar

Why is TW2 so perfect bros?
>>
>>187401609
When did she hurt Geralt? The man is only alive thanks to her. I'm not that anon though, I never said Yen's a bitch nor do I want to take credit away from her. She died for Geralt for fucks sake. Yen's a cool gal, but I find Triss more interesting as a character and her interactions with Geralt and how he acts with her are more to my liking.

>>187401772
Who is arguing? We're just having a friendly exchange of ideas, there's no animosity on my part.
>>
>>187402005
>Who is arguing?
Argument doesn't necessarily imply anger in English. But it's still pointless because you've heard it all before and never moved an inch on anything.
>>
>>187401961
Story and characters. This trailer always gets me hyped for the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB_1hGDuG58
>>
>>187402074
I guess so. And yeah, I've pretty much heard all there is when it comes to the great waifu war. I've debated countless Yenfriends, heard many different perspectives, read the books, played the games and my opinions on Triss are pretty much set in stone at this point. I do enjoy talking about her still though.
>>
>>187402162
>story and characters
>my favorite character isn't even in it but it's still objectively better than TW3
>tfw favorite character will never be in best game

That trailer is excellent. They never made anything like that for TW3. Too cerebral for the mainstream console market I guess.
>>
>>187402446
>read the books,
Did you finally get around to that, really?

>I do enjoy talking about her still though.
Nonetheless you're not generally very fun to talk to about that. Other topics, sure. But when it comes to Triss the lack of responsiveness and iron clad formula of replies makes it feel more like talking to a waifu-themed chatbot than a human being.
>>
>>187402162
>>187402506
Was Bamco the secret hero of the Witcher games?
>>
>>187402506
Yeah, that conversation should have been in game imo. Still a great trailer and always pumps me up for TW2 politics.

Yen is mentioned in TW2 but yeah, I'd hardly call that a significant role. If they ever do a remake of TW1(they won't) I'd like it to have some additions to the story. I think it would be really fun to play as amnesiac Yen, during her travels with Letho and his gang. It would be a few hour addition to tW1's story and it would give people something new to look forward to other than just the remake.
>>
>>187402919
>Yen is mentioned in TW2 but yeah, I'd hardly call that a significant role.
No dialogue, doesn't count. Doesn't even have an in-game model.

>I think it would be really fun to play as amnesiac Yen, during her travels with Letho and his gang.
I was going to say I don't see how they'd fit that in but the game is already pretty meandering desu so why the fuck not. bring on the male sex cards.
>>
>>187402919
Sure and then they can rewrite TW2 to have the cut Dol Blathana act and do an enhanced edition of TW3 where Act 3 makes sense and characters besides Geralt get focus like in TW2.
>>
>>187402639
I read them a while ago. Not SoS though.

Well, I defined my opinions on Triss to what they are now. There were changes along the way, but now yeah...and it's not like I don't reply to the same kinds of posts anyway.

>>187403059
>I was going to say I don't see how they'd fit that
I don't know, make it a separate story. It would be 4-5 hours long and cover what Yen was about during that time. Letho mentions they got into all kinds of trouble, that would be fun to see.

>>187403178
Ah...I wish...
>>
>>187403178
DOL

BLATHANAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>187403458
>There were changes along the way,
Such as?
>>
>>187403458
the game would need a big overhaul to make playing as a mage work. Ciri barely plays different from Geralt and even then they only tweaked things just barely enough to make her fun for 15 minute segments.
>>
File: Consider Radovid.jpg (869KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Consider Radovid.jpg
869KB, 1920x1080px
"Open world" has destroyed modern gaming and you can't prove otherwise.
>>
>>187403576
>Such as?
Reading the books really opened my mind about her. I learned about her weaknesses, her flaws, the nature of her idealism. I learned about her jealous, cowardly side and it all made me appreciate the character more. The books were really what set my love for Triss into hyper drive. There were a lot of changes to how I view amnesia stuff, her Lodge dealings, there are a lot of tiny examples...

>>187403696
Yeah, but a remake of TW1 would require a giant overhaul anyway.
>>
>>187404110
Nah, I like open world
>>
>>187405646
Yes, but you're wrong and should feel bad.
>>
>>187406032
I feel bad about a lot of things
>>
i feel bad for fapping to ciri almost every day
>>
File: better looking triss.jpg (57KB, 811x649px) Image search: [Google]
better looking triss.jpg
57KB, 811x649px
Please someone make Triss look like this.
>>
>>187406592
Why? Having so much free time to masturbate? Otherwise I don't see the shame in it. Especially if it's vanilla shit.

>>187407041
A shame long hair is hard to pull off in video games. Triss's locks are supposed to be stunningly long.
>>
>>187407126
>Why?
she's not real. i fap to a bunch of pixels
>>
>>187407358
No one you're fapping to is really there, generally speaking. Who cares. Not like you're fapping to her being raped by drowners or turned into a waterhag or something like the rest of these degenerates.
>>
>>187407569
>her being raped by drowners
my dick just got hard
>>
>>187407926
Then it's too late. I'm sorry.
>>
File: 1431969650941.jpg (552KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1431969650941.jpg
552KB, 1920x1080px
>>187408048
;_;
>>
>>
>>187409901
How long did it take to make those faces so accurate?
>>
>>187410821
Zero seconds because I downloaded them online from some guy who made them.
>>
File: 1500826476153.jpg (567KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500826476153.jpg
567KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1500731472921.jpg (525KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500731472921.jpg
525KB, 1920x1080px
i love Ciri
>>
>>
>>187416619
why? i never heard anyone say some reasons other than "ciri a cute"
>>
>>187416653
FUCK OFF RAD
>>
>>187417331
Radovid is the one true king of the North.
>>
>>187417957
Head like a fuckin orange
>>
>>187418045
Oranges are delicious
>>
>chain mail and brigantine
>""""light armor""""
>>
>>187418656
Sikh hood. Comes with the armor or mod?
>>
>>187418880
You have to mod it to go away
>>
>>187419010
>all the little details they put into the game
>didn't give more armor hoods and let you toggle them up or down

Ree
>>
>>187416653
Some day I hope to be as happy as Rad.
>>
File: witcher3_2017_03_27_01_14_43_793.jpg (304KB, 956x1077px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2017_03_27_01_14_43_793.jpg
304KB, 956x1077px
>>187421823
You need to be raised by Philippa for that.
>>
>>187353126
Old pasta I made. It might be outdated but just make sure you get FCR, the rest doesn't matter so much. FCR is great even if you're playing on easy mode, people tend to say it's only for making the game hard but that's just not true.

Install them in this order
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-texturen-mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/witchercharactermodels
http://www.moddb.com/mods/full-combat-rebalance1
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/231
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/669/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/662/? (If you can you might want to shrink these textures, 20mb is pretty retarded)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-perfect-blood-mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-perfect-rain-mod (I don't use this but maybe you will want to.)
Some of them have performance hits so avoid graphics if you're on a toaster.

The start of TW1 is -hard- to get through so keep that in mind. It gets great later on though.
>>
>>187422802
>tfw I'm already using most of these
Good list though.
>>
>>
>>187422802
I actually thought the opening to Witcher 1 was pretty strong, it only really drags ass with the swamp.
>>
>>187430660
vizima also drags on
>>
>>187416653
Damn, that's really impressive. I never really noticed it before since they need to be looking at you directly head-on to catch it but there's good asymmetry in Radovid's face. One eye is slightly higher than the other, one nostril slightly more flared than the other, etc. Always nice when faces in games have asymmetry without turning into Oblivion potatoes with unrealistic extremes.
>>
>>187434260
Bear in mind that it also depends on the facial expression. I made him smirk on purpose. But yeah, TW3 faces(at least for the major characters) are pretty good.
>>
File: witcher3 2016-08-24 02-21-22-76.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2016-08-24 02-21-22-76.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
>>187434260
you should use freecam and look at npcs right in the eyes
it's pretty impressive
>>
if eyebrows are to be trusted triss has a fire crotch
>>
OK faggots, can someone explain to me why exactly people like Ciri? Game Ciri is bland and has almost no personality. Trissfags and Yenfags wrote essays on their waifus, but all you get for Ciri is muh cute daughter. I don't think I ever saw people talking about her character traits and personality, only how they want to fuck her and how she's pure.
>>
>>
>>187438441
bratty whitebread daughter sure as hell doesn't inspire much in me
>>
>>187430660
I hated the first chapter so much. So so much.... Swamps were merely my tipping point
>>
File: witcher_2017_08_28_11_44_44_690.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
witcher_2017_08_28_11_44_44_690.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Dead like Miss Merigold.
>>
File: 1503263612552.png (153KB, 671x667px) Image search: [Google]
1503263612552.png
153KB, 671x667px
>TFW CDPR loves Gwent so much they end the season and leave the game in a limbo hellscape with no new patch and no playable ranked mode for an unknown number of days
i iz gud maek vidjiogam
>>
>>187453917
Silly frog poster.
>>
>>187445072
Same. I guess being cute is her only quality. You suck Cirifags
>>
>>187453917
From an outside perspective, i remember the glowing praise i saw for Gwent around all gaming related shit, Nilfgaard meta era iirc. It seems to be in complete despair ever since, rip.
>>
>>187456836
Gwent is a really fucking weird story of how CDPR made (And by made I mean shamelessly ripped off a tabletop card game but don't tell anyone) a surprisingly fun card game which is more free to play than any of their competitors, and then is desperately trying their hardest to ruin it.

This might not mean much to you as an outsider, but as an example the rate of patches in closed beta was fairly slow and steady and was mostly tweaking card values and shit. Then when they moved to open beta, which is the first impression they're going to make on a hell of a lot of people since it's no longer "Dedicated card nerds scrambling for access" and anyone can play, they up and decided to completely change a fuckton of the cards and even dramatically change a lot of the basic mechanics of the game. Then they took longer to push out card changing patches than they did in closed beta, and now they're doing yet another major "Change fucking everything" patch which is editing like 70% of the card pool and changing major mechanics again. It's weird as fuck. You would think you'd want to do the crazy shit in closed beta where you're just dealing with the enthusiasts, rather than dumping the normies in completely untested waters and then pulling the rug out from under them. Admittedly it's still a beta but it's open beta and version number 0.9.numbers so it seems odd that they're pulling this shit so close to release.

Then on top of all that bitching there's just the nonsense like what I frogposted. They said a ranked season was going to be approximately 2 months long, then they left it for 3 months, and now they've ended the first season and instead of timing it to coincide with the new patch and all that jazz they're ending the season roughly a week (Patch probably won't be tomorrow since they're doing a "Pre-patch stream" to showcase changes on Monday) before the next season starts so everyone has to play in casual matchmaking or fuck off. It just makes no sense.
>>
>>187457787
Also while I'm in here and bitching, turns out I didn't abandon /gwt/ even after my quest to keep it alive was complete because oddly enough for being a mostly dead thread I like the regulars in here. The waifu enthusiasts somehow don't bother me at all while their counterparts in threads like /tesg/ and /fog/ repulse me, and going on silly rants about witcherbushes and shit is oddly entertaining. Plus it's still somewhat witcha related when I feel the need to bitch about Gwent. Previously the only other thread in /vg/ I actually liked enough to hang out in was pre-Stellaris /civ4xg/ but I kinda like keeping a tab up on /wtc/ and swinging by. Have a complimentary picture of some closed beta outdated shenanigans.
>>
>>187458559
Err, didn't abandon /wtc/. Whatever you guys get it. You're alright. Gimme a hug.
>>
File: tumblr_nwqwtyQ46D1sg75a4o3_250.gif (2MB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwqwtyQ46D1sg75a4o3_250.gif
2MB, 245x300px
>>187458921
I am glad you like this comfy place anon.
>>
>>187457787
Yea i've been following Gwent here and there and I shared the optimism of others around that time. It seemed that they found their identity a little bit, dampening the complexity of individual card mechanics of CB and making golds invulnerable. Then i recently see them doubling down on the e-sports investment while also bringing back vulnerable golds, which obviously carries massive consequence. The virtues of gradual balancing seem pointless if they make massive changes like this over and over
>>
>>187459997
For clarity, i definitely don't endorse their capricious massive changes. I too, think it's retarded
>>
>>187459997
>The virtues of gradual balancing seem pointless if they make massive changes like this over and over
Yeah, that's the biggest issue with it. Normally you want to do the fine tuning on cards when you're relatively happy with how things are shaking up, the huge sweeping changes to the point where you're changing actual gameplay mechanics is most often the kind of shit you get done before you even let the public start playing.
>>
>>187422802
>The start of TW1 is -hard- to get through so keep that in mind. It gets great later on though.
I loved it from Act 1 and I don't get this meme. It was a cult hit but now everyone acts like it's shit. Have tastes changed so much so fast.
>>
>>187438441
Waifufags like her because they want to fuck their daughteru. People that read the books like her because they remember her original character. Normies like her because the game tells them they're supposed to.

Ciri was easily the most butchered character from the books.
>>
>>187459997
I told you guys CDPR couldn't do it.
>>
>>187462305
Cult hit and everyone calling it shit aren't mutually exclusive, anon. That's what makes it a cult hit as opposed to just a hit.
>>
>>187463954
It also got really good reviews at the time. That tends to mean something for non AAA games that aren't about some politically sensitive topic.
>>
>>187464312
That also generally holds true of the System Shocks, and Deus Ex and Troika games and shit, though. They've just inexplicably gotten a bit more positive word of mouth now probably from the same people who claim to read books when they obviously don't, because then modern games that are extremely loyal and similar to those get shit on like Prey.
>>
>>187465042
Wait do people say System Shock 1&2, Deus Ex, and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines are shit, now? While praising Skyrim and Mass Effect 3?
>>
>>187465841
Nah, I was saying people praise them more heavily now than they did back in the day, while shitting on very similar games that are released currently.
>>
>>187466116
Well the Witcher hit it big in a different era from those games.
>>
>>
File: witcher_2017_08_27_21_09_42_630.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
witcher_2017_08_27_21_09_42_630.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Witcher 1 soundtrack is just too good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6uVeCzUhw0
>>
>>187473257
Underrated game
>>
>>
>replaying TW2
>get to Flotsam
>Remember Silé has like 5 different reasons for being there and only one of them is even close to what she tells Geralt
It's so tightly plotted guys. It's so fucking good. Even Flotsam's atmosphere is way better than I remembered.
>>
>>187478171
Are you the laptop dude? Get your shit working?
>>
>>187478320
Yes. It's still not quite as good as it was but it's quite playable and still looks gorgeous on medium.
>>
>>187478171
The strength of TW2 plot lies in the motivations of the characters imo. Every faction and every individual has a realistic motivation that drives them. That all leads to a story that is bigger than Geralt. He is not a centerpiece of the story, he is merely one of the cogs in the larger story. You feel like the things play out naturally and he is merely caught in it all.

And yeah, Flotsam was very comfy. I really got the feeling of comradery with Triss, Dandy, Zoltan, Roche...I can't explain it but I never really felt like Geralt is traveling with his companions like that in TW3, it reminded me of the Hansa times from the books.
>>
>>187478447
Nice, what did it end up being? Was it the Steam overlay and/or running a non-Steam copy?
>>
>>187478709
>hat all leads to a story that is bigger than Geralt. He is not a centerpiece of the story, he is merely one of the cogs in the larger story. You feel like the things play out naturally and he is merely caught in it all.
Well said. TW3 should have had an even bigger scope but they blew it and made Geralt's relationship crap by accident. It worked in the books because of all the huge shit going on around them to contrast it. But none of that matters in TW3 because Geralt is the center of the universe.

>And yeah, Flotsam was very comfy. I really got the feeling of comradery with Triss, Dandy, Zoltan, Roche...I can't explain it but I never really felt like Geralt is traveling with his companions like that in TW3,
Fucking this. I thought at the end of TW2 initially that you'd start off with Geralt and Iorveth/Roche/Triss maybe even Siegfried looking for Yennefer. Then when the trailers came out I assumed it would be Vesemir. Then when more data leaked i assumed Yennefer would accompany you for most of the way.

Nope.

>>187478726
Gog version gave me like 20 extra FPS on the same settings for reasons I can't understand. Steam overlay oddly made no apparent difference.
>>
>>187478932
Weird. No idea what's freaking out on Witcher 2 on Win10 for some machines but glad you've got it rolling at least.
>>
>>187478932
It's way harder achieving that companion feel in an open world game. TW2 was more linear and the story moved from different smaller, limited areas which I think worked very well. I think TW3's story would benefit from a more linear gameplay design.

Unrelated but I really like Loredo. He's a very nicely done character and a perfect representation of a piece of shit local despot.
>>
File: witcher2_2016_08_27_19_11_44_384.jpg (786KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher2_2016_08_27_19_11_44_384.jpg
786KB, 1920x1080px
>>
i want to drink ciri's pussy yogurt
>>
OriannaileL.
>>
>>187484874
Fuck off biodrone
>>
>>187484874
kill yourself fag
>>
>>187485527
>>187486041
Don't be rude!
>>
>>187487103
Kill yourself.
>>
>>
Hey /wtc/ friends,
`
I'm very much a newfag. Read the books until and including Blood of Elves, was impatient so played through the bigger part of TW3 afterwards. My question is: once I muster up the motivation to finish Blood and Wine, shall I continue with TW2 which I'm arguably more hyped about, or start over from TW1?
>>
>>187488020
Start from TW1. It's a little rough around the edges but it's worth playing.
>>
>>187488020
Stop playing Blood and Wine, and do a whole trilogy playthrough. Start from the Witcher 1.
>>
>>187479418
>It's way harder achieving that companion feel in an open world game.
Open world was a mistake. Or at the very least, an open world that size. No reason it had to be bigger than Skyrim.
>>
>>187479418
>Unrelated but I really like Loredo. He's a very nicely done character and a perfect representation of a piece of shit local despot.
Also yeah, one of the great underrated performances of the series. Voice actor did a fantastic job, character design is on point with his piggy little face an slovenly dress. Script is excellent. And for a fun bit of foreshadowing, he's wearing Kaedweni colors.

>>187481383
RIP even if he was a ploughing niggard and a niggardly plougher.

TW2 handled him very well. Even knowing that he was basically an asshole, as is almost required of a monarch, and that Geralt neither liked him or wanted to be there, you had to feel bad for him. He's so happy being reunited with his family, only to lose everything right there.

>They have your eyes, sire...

chills in that cutscene, man.
>>
>>187488020
>read the first three books
>skip two games
>play part of TW3
>play the last expansion
>don't finish TW3 or hearts of stone
>then plan to play TW1

shit nigga what are you doing. Do you have ADHD?
>>
>>187488251
>>187488315
Thank you, guys, well noted!
>>
>>187489901
If you're gonna do that you should probably finish the books unless you hated them or something. TW1 banks a lot on book nostalgia.
>>
>>187489842
Finished the main story of TW3 and HoS, HoS was amazing. BaW just feels meh, even if the landscape is okay to look at for the most part.
>>
>>187490059
Blood and Wine is probably the worst thing CDPR has produced and it makes me fear for the future of the company even if it would be a solid release for anyone else.
>>
>>187489901
I agree with those guys but I feel I should warn you. If you're used to TW3's voice acting, TW1's localization and voice work is going to be pretty painful at first. The translation is late 90's JRPG tier, and the voice acting is mediocre to bad. Only Geralt and Vesemir have the same VAs and they're still performing much worse because the voice direction for TW1 was nonexistent.
>>
>>187459656
Is that actually in the game? These are the little things I hate having spoiled for me, but oh well
>>
>>187490914
Yes. I mean, not like the thread doesn't desperately need new blood but if you're worried about being spoiled you probably shouldn't be in a thread dedicated to a franchise whose newest release was a year ago.
>>
>>187491362
I know, it's my own fault.
>>
>>187491535
Well it's too late now. What have you played/read and what are your thoughts so far? What choices have you made? We need to know so we can call you an autistic faggot.
>>
>>187491641
Played and beat 2
Fucked Triss and only Triss
Went Iorveth path
Saved Triss
Spared Sile and Letho
Spared Saskia

Playing 3 now, 120 hours in
Freed the tree spirit like a retard
Supported Cerys
Can't really think of any other decisions so far? I'm supporting Nilfgaard
Saved myself for Yen but regret it

Haven't read any of the books
>>
>>187490174
Hope, by the time I'm done with it, I've found at least one redeeming quality of this expansion. So far, I've enjoyed the random conversations with Regis, but not sure he can keep me hooked much longer.

>>187490283
VA won't kill it for me, bad dialogue might. And depending how much the combat differs from TW3, though I doubt I'll skip TW1 even if I don't play it in the suggested order cause I really like the setting of TW.
>>
>>187491796
>TW2 choices
All good except sparing Sile. She was literally gloating about killing you immediately before hand. That desperate for Koviri pussy?

>Freed the tree spirit like a retard
That's actually a reasonable decision. Either one is justifiable. Personally I think freeing She Who Knows leads to the most fitting ending but they're both good.

>Supported Cerys
Game makes you a retard to do anything else. Badly made choice tbqh.

>Can't really think of any other decisions so far? I'm supporting Nilfgaard
Terrible roleplaying.

>Saved myself for Yen but regret it
Yeah gamers are usually very sensitive.

>skipped the first game
>skipped the books

All in all I rate you a 5/10 for no Broche memes.
>>
>>187492275
I'm getting more or less points for no broche memes?

Also yeah I'm doing Nilfgaard because that's who I'd support IRL. I'm going to do another run from the very beginning and go Roche in 2, and then support Sigi or something in 3.

Out of curiosity does Roche always get supremely butthurt and get Henselt? Because I might just not do that and go Iorveth again if he does
>>
>>187492118
>Hope, by the time I'm done with it, I've found at least one redeeming quality of this expansion. So far, I've enjoyed the random conversations with Regis, but not sure he can keep me hooked much longer.
I'm trying to think of some myself now that you've said that. I guess the palace is pretty? And the vampire fights are fairly fun. The final boss has some interesting art design. There's one end sequence that's fairly neat I won't spoil for you I guess. Oh, and the ending for dumb fuckups that choose the obviously wrong dialogue option is actually pretty cool. Otherwise, yeah, it's very mediocre. Big disappointment for me as a long term fan.

>And depending how much the combat differs from TW3,
TW1 is a RTWP RPG with a single party member pretending to be an ARPG. The combat is pretty different from everything as a result. The poor broke handful of self-trained slavs using wooden computers in the Katyn forest were stuck with the Aurora engine and it's amazing the voodoo they worked on it to turn it into what TW1 is, but it's definitely a strange game.

>setting
TW1 arguably has the best atmosphere of all of them if you're into that.
>>
>>187492541
>TW1 arguably has the best atmosphere of all of them if you're into that.
Yep, that's guaranteed to keep me entertained even if I grow to dislike the combat, thanks!
>>
>>187492491
>I'm getting more or less points for no broche memes?
More points. Roche vs Iorveth is actually a tough and well done choice but Brochefags annoy me. Not that choosing Roche your first time through makes you a Brochefag. I also forgot to mention that you lose points for only playing TW2 once instead of a minimum of twice in a row like it's intended. You play vidya wrong.

>Also yeah I'm doing Nilfgaard because that's who I'd support IRL
I take it you didn't notice they're actually pretty evil? I mean the game is subtle about it instead of in your face like they are with Redania, so if you basically started with TW3 it's not hugely surprising that a gamer wouldn't pick it up. But you played TW2 and should be well aware every single thing happening here is there fault, directly.

Though they're all shitty people tbqh. Radovid, Emhyr, Dijkstra. All shits.

>Out of curiosity does Roche always get supremely butthurt and get Henselt? Because I might just not do that and go Iorveth again if he does
You say it like he's not justified in hating Henselt. But you haven't played that part of the game so I guess you wouldn't know.
>>
>>187492772
Even if you do dislike the combat (and I really don't think it's bad like people seem to have decided the last few years, just different from what they were led to expect by TW3), TW1 is the easiest game in the series so you can breeze through it by spamming aard.
>>
>>187492802
You're pretty condescending anon and kind of a douche. Anyway, yes I get Nilfgaard isn't all sunshine and roses.
>wouldn't be surprised a gammerrrr would pick them

Come on man. I support Nilfgaard for a variety of reasons. Stop being such a douche.

Killing Henselt because he raped Ves is fucking stupid for a character like Roche but whatever.
>>
Does loot respawn? The minor stuff you find around town. I'll occasionally turn on an auto loot mod and make a quick sweep around an area to see if I've missed anything but I swear I keep getting the same common loot(hides, consumables, etc) in the same spots every so often.
>>
>>187489624
If you're gonna do open world you might as well go all out. However, I think TW3 would have worked better if the game was more linear and consisted of several smaller hubs, kind of like TW2. I think that would allow for a more concise and interesting main story.

>>187489760
All the kings in tW2 were well done, but it would be nice if Foltest lived a bit longer.
>>
>>187493021
I'm only condescending because I'm better than you. Come at me fagget.

>Come on man. I support Nilfgaard for a variety of reasons.
Well, go on.

>Killing Henselt because he raped Ves is fucking stupid for a character like Roche but whatever.

>being surprised that a man portrayed as a huge hothead with daddy issues gets murderously enraged when someone rapes his surrogate little sister
kek
>>
>>187493148
>If you're gonna do open world you might as well go all out.
Why? There's clever ways to make a small world seem much bigger than it really is and not have to spend tons of man hours fleshing out empty wilderness to the detriment of the main plot. Morrowind for example feels bigger to me than Oblivion ever did but it's far smaller. Hiding the view distance with mountains and fog is a cheap trick, but it's effective. Same with making it hard to get around. Incidentally, not allowing the player to teleport also makes things much easier for scenario writers, which is pretty important for a story heavy game. They have to be able to predict where the player will be and when. Hard to write spontaneous events happening that actually have stakes if five seconds separate the character from Skellige and Touissant.

>>187493076
Which game?
>>
>>187493268
>Which game?
TW3
>>
>>187493148
>All the kings in tW2 were well done, but it would be nice if Foltest lived a bit longer.
I think he was there just enough. Wish Radovid was in it more myself though.
>>
>>187493318
I think the random crates and barrels and crap do periodically, yeah.
>>
>>187493458
Ahh, okay. Guess there's no point in being so OCD about making sure every single container is looted then.
>>
>>187493654
Personally if I miss a single broken rake I have to wash my hands fifteen times before I can continue playing.
>>
>>187493458
No they don't.
>>
>>187494197
Oh. Guess I must have been thinking of TW1, where they respawn between chapters. Although that only really matters for 2 and 3.
>>
>>187493268
>Why?
The difficulties of telling a story in an open world have nothing to do with its size, but more so with player's ability to go wherever, whenever, diluting the story and making it lose the sense of importance as well as the sense of time passing and the feel of progression. I'm struggling to find the words to describe exactly what I mean. Maybe I'll try it better a bit later. My brain isn't working now.
>>
>>187493350
Radovid was mysterious, menacing and gave out the sense of someone well informed, intelligent and powerful in the first two games. I had big expectations from him in TW3, not just being a mad king.
>>
>>187494324
>The difficulties of telling a story in an open world have nothing to do with its size, but more so with player's ability to go wherever, whenever, diluting the story and making it lose the sense of importance as well as the sense of time passing and the feel of progression.
Open world is fine but they really should be a timer of some kind. Unfortunately no developer does this because it has been proven time and time again that most people hate feeling rushed in games.

If I knew I only had three in-game days to progress to the next part of the story I'd be sure to spend that time as wisely as possible and each playthrough would be much different.
>>
>>187494324
>The difficulties of telling a story in an open world have nothing to do with its size, but more so with player's ability to go wherever, whenever, diluting the story and making it lose the sense of importance as well as the sense of time passing and the feel of progression.
That's true but development is to some extent zero sum, so the man hours going to populating a massive world with side quests necessarily detract from spending said resources on main quest progression and scenarios.

>>187494494
I wasn't surprised he went nuts but I still expected more from him. Madmen can still have depth and even be the kind of geniuses born once a generation. Pic related.

We're told this about Radvoid but since the camera never leaves Geralt and both the main plot and the political sideplot from TW2 are underdeveloped, we never actually get to see it. The resolution of Radovid and Philippa's shared arc was very half assed and unsatisfying.
>>
>>187494554
>Open world is fine but they really should be a timer of some kind. Unfortunately no developer does this because it has been proven time and time again that most people hate feeling rushed in games.
In the very earliest interviews Marcin gave the impression that the war would go on in the background independent of your actions and might change the course of quests depending on when you did things, not just what you did. But they backtracked on this in later interviews.

>because it has been proven time and time again that most people hate feeling rushed in games.
Most people don't even play the games they buy and have no idea what they really want. Fuck them.

>If I knew I only had three in-game days to progress to the next part of the story I'd be sure to spend that time as wisely as possible and each playthrough would be much different.
I fucking love this shit. Pathologic does it and it's great.
>>
>>187494554
I'm not sure that would work that well and I'm not a fan of timed anything in the games in general. It's just that moving from an event to an event or from a location to a location feels less natural in an open world game when the whole world is at your disposal.

>>187494627
>man hours going to populating a massive world with side quests necessarily detract from spending said resources on main quest progression and scenarios.
Yeah, I'd trade a bunch of random side quests of little meaning for a better fleshed out third act of the main story anytime.

> Madmen can still have depth and even be the kind of geniuses born once a generation.
I have no problem with him being mad, I jsut wished the game gave him more exposure. Show a bit of his tactical genius at work, show his cunning, shed more light on his relationship with Phil and his hatred for the mages, show a human side to him, something other that "lub dub burn the witch"
>>
>>187495353
>Yeah, I'd trade a bunch of random side quests of little meaning for a better fleshed out third act of the main story anytime.
Replaying TW2 is making me long for the days when half the content or more is main quest stuff, and the side quests are just for a little breather. The other way is so much lazier.
>>
>>187495353
>Show a bit of his tactical genius at work, show his cunning,
How does he win the war, anyway? All I can gather is that big push up in Kaedwen ran into some kind of ruse. Supposedly Ard Carraigh was garrisoned almost entirely by mercenaries. You run into Morvran suggesting to Emhyr they should just bribe them and bypass it. I guess they weren't actually just mercs? But then, how did that lead to the second Nilfgaardian army being completely shattered. Radovid wasn't even there.
>>
>>187495462
To be fair, TW2 is a much smaller game but I generally agree, the less distractions lead to a better main story immersion. One of the reasons I feel the main story of TW3 suffer is due to the sense of importance it's trying to impose. Finding Ciri is presented as something that needs to be done as soon as possible and there always seems to be the rush with time, but when you have a thousand little unrelated distractions along the way(play Gwent, help a guy get his goat back, collect armor and whatnot) it hurt that very core of the story by robbing it of one of its main driving forces.
>>
>>187495885
>To be fair, TW2 is a much smaller game
Still feels like it has a comparable amount of main quest to me. Maybe that's because a ton of TW3's main quest is basically a chain of side quests given as an excuse to force the player to explore the world.
>>
>>187495532
It's never explained or shown, we're just told he won thanks to his tactical genius and that's the problem.
>>
>>187495885
>Finding Ciri is presented as something that needs to be done as soon as possible and there always seems to be the rush with time, but when you have a thousand little unrelated distractions along the way(play Gwent, help a guy get his goat back, collect armor and whatnot) it hurt that very core of the story by robbing it of one of its main driving forces.
Incidentally I think this is part of why players respond so poorly to Yennefer. She's the only one that actually treats it like it's a hurry and it makes her seem bitchy, especially given Geralt has already spent months playing Triple Triad and breeding chocobos.

>>187495981
And we KNOW these writers can actually write that kind of shit. Because they wrote TW2. How frustrating.
>>
>>187496043
Yennefer is generally unapologetic about everything she does and takes the initiative away from the player. That is bound to irk some people either way.

>we KNOW
I think the dumbing down of politics was done on purpose as the story switched to a more personal one. I don't like it, but I don't think it's the writers fault necesserally as maybe someone form the upper management decided what the main story focus should be and where the resources should be spend.
>>
>>187495353
>I'm not a fan of timed anything in the games in general.
You and almost everyone else which is exactly why it'll never happen. If there are six side-objectives and the game is designed in a way that it's expected you'd be able to complete two of them before you run out of time most people are going to be upset because that's how our brains work. We spend more time thinking about what we're going to miss out on rather than the experiences we can have. It's the same reason why negative things stand out to us far more than positive things.

>It's just that moving from an event to an event or from a location to a location feels less natural in an open world game when the whole world is at your disposal.
I don't see why. When you're told to meet someone at midnight why is it unnatural to go exploring until then? There's work to be done, artifacts to be found, skills to hone... it seems more unnatural to just sit around for the better part of a day doing what amounts to nothing. The most important thing is to keep the story going at a nice flow and a handful of distractions wont hurt that. What will is allowing you to run around for as long as you please.
>>
>>187496717
>Yennefer is generally unapologetic about everything she does and takes the initiative away from the player.
Weird how that didn't bother people with Roche in TW2 though. Maybe if Roche wanted to fuck Geralt it would have been different? I'm not even sure I'm memeing, I think that might be it.
>>
>>187496717
>I think the dumbing down of politics was done on purpose as the story switched to a more personal one
Even if we assume that was necessary it doesn't explain them dumbing down the personal relationship stuff too.

> I don't like it, but I don't think it's the writers fault necesserally
There's indications of a couple phases of massive rewrites too aren't there? The open world may be to blame for this. Rewrites are really expensive in a video game because of having to actually program different scenarios, and I know they talked in interviews about a panic phase when they realized the world they made was mostly empty and they needed to fill it out ASAP.

>>187496967
>We spend more time thinking about what we're going to miss out on rather than the experiences we can have.
I was going toa rgue this contradicts the whole open world thing because almost no one sees most content in a game like Skyrim, but then I guess the option is always there? But then, why not just replay the game? TW2 had tons of mutually exclusive content and did very well. I the very concept of a timer just changes everything.

>I don't see why.
Because you can teleport anywhere. How many times in The Witcher 3 is distance or time used as a major plot complication? It's just a hard sell when the player is used to fast travel. In theory they could take it away at critical moments, but players hate things being taken from them and it will certainly feel arbitrary. Then there's this:

>not allowing the player to teleport also makes things much easier for scenario writers, which is pretty important for a story heavy game. They have to be able to predict where the player will be and when.

How for example would you use an ambush as a plot hook in a game where every signpost is connected to every other signpost and the player can go from anywhere to anywhere?
>>
>>187496967
>What will is allowing you to run around for as long as you please.
But that is exactly what happens. For example, the Pellar and Geralt agree to perform the ritual at midnight, but you can return months later and the game will treat it like no time has passed. The sense of urgency is lost.

>>187497773
There is a distinctive difference. Roche is a man. Other than that he is not the most imposing figure even if he tries, and Yen is far more snappy and intelligent than he is, making her more threatening.

>>187498189
>it doesn't explain them dumbing down the personal relationship stuff too.
I don't think they did that. Ciri and Geralt's interactions are nicely done imo and that was the main focus. To make the player care for Ciri.

>There's indications of a couple phases of massive rewrites too aren't there?
Yeah, there's a bunch of cut content info you can find as evidence of that.
>>
>>
Trissfu, Trissfu what a cute !
>>
>>187501471
A perfect waifu, I'd lick her boot
She walks around with tits a-floppin', she nearly sets my heart a-stoppin'
If lilac and gooseberries are what you smell, know that you are going to hell
For Trissfu is best and fair and pure, and of this fact I am quite sure
>>
>>
>>187499285
>There is a distinctive difference. Roche is a man.
I didn't really want to go there.

>Other than that he is not the most imposing figure even if he tries
Think he tries too hard?

>I don't think they did that. Ciri and Geralt's interactions are nicely done imo and that was the main focus. To make the player care for Ciri.
So they turned Ciri into a totally different character and dropped most of their backstory. And sidelined any other relationships so as not to complicate things. I call that dumbing down.
>>
>>187505407
>muh dick
is what I would say if not for how horrible that filter makes them look
>>
Hey we've talked a lot about what's wrong with TW3. Assuming you had CDPRs time, budget, and talent pool, how would you actually make it better instead of just bitching about it?

The idea has already been put forward to reduce or remove the open world in favor of a more linear story. Anything else? I do think another suggestion hit on of Geralt actually having some companions for part of the quest would be good. I didn't feel like TW3 was trying to enforce a big feeling of isolation by any means, and TW2 managed to feel gloomy and desperate when it needed to despite Geralt always being around allies. So why not start with someone by your side besides Vesemir?

I say have Vesemir stick around longer (He'd surely want to find Ciri too, after all). And maybe also depending on your TW2 choices have other people as well. Triss already has her b-plot/redemption arc so I guess she's out. But if Roche is an exile then he could come. Iorveth may feel like repaying favors. Or maybe play the long con with Siegfried, where if he's neither dead nor Grandmaster he's along for the ride?

You could also have Yennefer of course after they meet, but it's kind of hard to put Geralt in situations where it wouldn't make sense to just have the sorceress step in and fix everything. So that's an issue. Even in TW2 they got rid of Triss as soon as possible and Yennefer is stronger than her. Of course, they also introduced Keira in Velen. So I dunno. Maybe it's not something worth worrying about.
>>
>>187507557
Have segments that didn't follow Geralt as the main character, besides just the Ciri flashbacks. They don't have to be very long to be hugely effective in increasing the scope of the world and therefore the stakes, while imparting vital information to the character. TW2's story worked in part because you have short segments where you see through the eyes of Triss, Roche/Iorveth, and Henselt/Stennis. Do the same in TW3 with Radovid, Avallac'h, Yennefer, Morvran, what have you.
>>
File: Caranthir, Son of Feanor.jpg (186KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Caranthir, Son of Feanor.jpg
186KB, 1280x720px
>>187507710
>Do the same in TW3 with Radovid, Avallac'h, Yennefer, Morvran, what have you.
Come to think of it, even though it might be kind of weird to play the "bad guy", maybe you should have playable segments of both sides of Ciri's story. Sometimes you play Ciri, others you play Caranthir hunting her. Would let the Wild Hunt actually get some screentime. Plus you could reuse some of the mechanics since Caranthir can do the same *teleports behind u* bullshit Ciri does.
>>
>>187506985
>I didn't really want to go there.
That really is one of the reasons.

>Think he tries too hard?
He kind of does.

>they turned Ciri into a totally different character
I don't have a problem with her interactions with Geralt, they're pretty great, but it's true that Ciri was robbed of all her flaws.

>>187507091
Here's one unfiltered.

>>187507710
I loved those a lot. Even though they were short, it felt refreshing seeing things from a different perspective.

>>187507557
I would focus more on the third act. Expand the Wild Hunt story, show the Lodge's fate, make an alternative ending to Reasons of State and expand the political part of the story. I would also like more nods for TW2 choices at least if not full fledged consequences.
>>
>>187509254
>I don't have a problem with her interactions with Geralt, they're pretty great, but it's true that Ciri was robbed of all her flaws.
Part of what colored their relationship in the book was Geralt's fears regarding what she'd been through and later what she would become. Besides one throw away line from the crones this is never touched on in the game.
>>
>>187509254
>no alp
ONE JOB
>>
>>187499285
>I don't think they did that. Ciri and Geralt's interactions are nicely done imo and that was the main focus.
For the main focus it's barely in the game at all. They don't even speak until the last 1/8th of the game.
>>
File: 1440539423922.gif (3MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1440539423922.gif
3MB, 240x180px
>>187358869
>The badass death metal bad guys turned out to be edgelord elves
>>
>>187511651
Hey remember all that mysterious crap about the Hunt stopping at sites of magical power and old massacres from TW2?

No?

That's ok, neither did the writers.
>>
>>187510039
Some simplification had to be done due to limited screen time. My complaint is mostly that Ciri comes of as one dimensional.

>>187510151
I removed her because I though there's nothing sexual about her, but guess I was wrong.

>>187510537
The game is huge and imo they have a lot of meaningful interactions once you meet her.
>>
>>187512246
Geralt spends the vast majority of in-game time talking to interchangeable peasants is my complaint.
>>
>>
>>187512246
>I removed her because I though there's nothing sexual about her, but guess I was wrong.
how long u been on 4chan senpai
>>
>>187511814
CDPR had the chance to be Danzig Polish and instead went Tommy Wiseau Polish
>>
>>187513314
The costumes are good, especially Yen and Ciri's, but why are they so fucking caked in makeup?

>>187513913
>Oh hai Ciri how is your sex life
it fits
>>
>>187514945
what in gods name
>>
>>187513787
Long enough that I should have known.
>>
>>187516056
How many
>>
>>187517102
How many what?
>>
>>187517208
How much do they cost?
>>
>>187517530
300 Orens for the red and black, 500 for the white haired lass
>>
>>187517697
1200 for Yen
700 for Triss
~950-1000 for Ciri
800 for Cerys
>>
>>187517932
No way. Triss is my most expensive whore.
>>
>>187517697
>>187518109
You aren't doing this right.

Thicc ginger has great appeal to a specific subset of customers but less appeal to the average customer.

Same with the quarter elf slut but she also attracts fetishists so her costs actually go up instead of down.

The white haired one is batshit despite appealing to several kinds of fetishist at once. She's the cheapest of them all due to liability issues. Better to sell her as a broodmare than use her in the brothel.
>>
>>187518525
They all have areas of expertise.

Quarter elf slut specializes in domination, cbt, femdom.

Thicc ginger specializes in submission and butt sex.

The white haired one is a virgin. She costs extra.
>>
>>187411357
mr.roy12mods exported the models from a bunch of games. the faces are accurate, but the bodies are the best that game can replicate.
>>
>>187518907
>Triss likes anal
Where did this meme come from?
>>
>>187519064
Yeah, those were the ones I downloaded. They all look better than I expected.

>>187519106
I don't know, some anon mentioned it once and it caught on. I embraced it.
>>
>>187518907
Yen is an exhibitionist that likes pain, both giving and receiving.

We know almost nothing about Triss's sexual preferences

>Ciri a virgin
wew lad
>>
>>187519391
>We know almost nothing about Triss's sexual preferences
We know she was slutty in her youth and that she had relationships with women. She is more on the submissive side personality wise so we can imagine things.
>>
>>187518907
>They all have areas of expertise.

Yen: Rape
Triss: Scat
Ciri: Bestiality
>>
>>187519553
>We know she was slutty in her youth
She's a sorceress what did you expect?

>and that she had relationships with women.
This is also apparently something they all get around to trying at one point.

>She is more on the submissive side personality wise
This really doesn't indicate anything about a person's sexual preferences even though you'd think it would.

We really do know nothing about Triss that we don't know about any sorceress's sex life.
>>
>>187519576
If I had to choose I'd go with rape Triss, scat Ciri, bestiality Yen.
>>
>>187519690
We know she got disappointed by her past relationships and that she had long periods of solitude where she pleasured herself instead of seeking out someone to fuck her.
>>
>>187519769
But those are not their normal areas of expertise. They might perform poorly outside their comfort zone.
>>
>>187519769
Elaborate. Why?
>>
>>187519991
>outside their comfort zone
That's exactly where I want them.
>>
>>187520172
I can respect that.
>>
>>187520132
Rape is actual sex, so I choose Triss for that and I like me some Triss in peril. Yen would find it very humiliating to have sex with an animal so she gets that and that leaves Ciri to shit on me.
>>
>>187519106
T'is not a meme, it is fact!
>>
>>
What was the episode when Ciri and Geralt set to climb the mountain to fight Imlerith and the lady who dispenses authorization to pass asks Ciri if she's a virgin and then interrupts saying she got her answer about?
Did she mean that she's accustomed to asking the question everytime and that she was told Geralt was with Ciri? Or did she have supernatural powers and got her answer through other means?
>>
File: 1503551308119.jpg (163KB, 800x1371px) Image search: [Google]
1503551308119.jpg
163KB, 800x1371px
>>187519769
I think scat would be right down Yen's alley personality wise
>>
>>187521915
>Or did she have supernatural powers and got her answer through other means?
i think she saw that ciri is a slut
>>
>>187521915
She's magic. The Ladies recruit untrained people with magic potential.

>>187522112
I don't see it. Besides we've already seen her kinks in the books.
>>
>>187522112
as in she likes shitting on people
>>
>>187522461
>Studio Audience: OOOOooooohhhh!
>>
>>
>>187462305
You just weren't around back then. That pasta is closing in on a decade old, I didn't just write that. It reflect the age old opinions about TW1. Hard to get into, fantastic if you do.
>>
>>187526416
I've been here since the nightly Witcher 2 threads on /v/ and while that sentiment was around it was nowhere near as strong as it is today.
>>
>>187527461
>and while that sentiment was around it was nowhere near as strong as it is today.
In fact come to think of it we used to have people coming to the threads to complain that TW2 was consolized trash and a huge step back from TW1 in every way. But I guess that's how /v/ feels about every sequel.
>>
>>
>>187531632
I see Ves's stockholm syndrome is acting up again.
>>
>>187531632
What the fuck is this
>>
>>187531896
elf version of ves and female elf roche
>>
>>187532047
Just two beautiful elven girls. I don't think we see them in the game but their models are there. Shame because the one on the left is beautiful.
>>
>>187532328
Probably part of Iorveth's commando from earlier versions of the game. I think one might have briefly been in a trailer. Iorveth's cut was pretty late compared to some of the other changes.

I will never, ever forgive them. ;_;
>>
>>187532825
Yeah, the one on the left was in some early gameplay footage and I agree, Iorveth deserved better. That plague plot sounded interesting, shame it got cut.
>>
>>187533175
>That plague plot sounded interesting, shame it got cut.
That Witch Hunter in the Bloody baron plot still has a horrible hacking cough and everything. Plus apparently Gaunter was supposed to be involved too.
>>
>>187533696
And Keira and Margarita. Sounds pretty cool to me. There's also Devil's Pit, recently some guy made a mod allowing you to access it and you can find a bunch of burned dead bodies and shit from that storyline.
>>
>>187533696
Also there's that guy you meet on the road getting attacked by ghouls, carrying plague victims on his cart. I saw a dev confirm that was leftover too.
>>
>>187534076
>the devil's pit still doesn't do anything
kek I forgot about that. They still haven't restored any of it. CDPR have turned into such a joke.
>>
File: witcher adult coloring book.png (523KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
witcher adult coloring book.png
523KB, 600x600px
>>187534443
>CDPR have turned into such a joke.

>We want the tumblr audience
I bet this book is just the thing to stop the LITERAL SHAKES while cuddled up in your safe space.
>>
>>187534443
You're being too harsh. Cuts happen. It's a shame but I'm sure they had reasons. There's also that Lodge stuff you can activate using console commands. Yen even has recorded dialogue for it. Also that Geralt and Yen scene where he feeds her is there.
>>
>>187534942
>You're being too harsh. Cuts happen
They made bad choices on cuts.

>It's a shame but I'm sure they had reasons.
Their reasons were dumb shit like "holy shit we still don't have quests for half of Velen fuck the Wild Hunt what matters is monster contracts"
>>
>>187527461
>>187527581
Contrarians and nostalgia guys, you know how ti is. More people in Witcher threads seemed to like TW1 post-TW2 than they did pre-TW2.
>>
>>187534942
If you'll notice there's a pattern to many cuts for TW3. They almost all pertain to references to the previous games, books, involve very tough choices, or are political in nature. Basically they were consciously dumbing the game down.

The Witcher 3? Best place to start the series!
>>
>>187535696
So before TW2's release Witcher threads were mostly people shitting on the first game? I'm skeptical given how hyped everyone was for TW2 during the great DA2 meme war.
>>
>>187535889
No they were just rare and 4chan in general was much smaller. And the threads that did happen had lots of people shitting on the game because they couldn't get into it or they were Bioware fanboys comparing it to DA:O.

That whole meme war brought a lot of life into Witcher threads and the game looked to be great,a proper PC exclusive in the modern era and what not.
>>
File: Downgrade confirmed.png (4MB, 1919x2104px) Image search: [Google]
Downgrade confirmed.png
4MB, 1919x2104px
>>187536171
>and the game looked to be great,a proper PC exclusive in the modern era
it hurts.

>tfw laughed at the downgrade people in 2015
>tfw they were right all along
I was a CDPRdrone. TW3's consolization is my fault. I killed Iorveth. Forgive me, /wtc/. Forgive me...
>>
>>187536171
>or they were Bioware fanboys comparing it to DA:O.
The first good slav RPG vs. the last good Bioware RPG. Who could have guessed what was to come?
>>
what do you think ciri likes in bed? what are her kinks?
>>
>>187540275
>what do you think ciri likes in bed?
To lay perfectly still and pretend to be somewhere else.

>what are her kinks?
Cotton candy and public humiliation.
>>
I'd post but i'm sick and all i can do is drink and piss, i need a sorceress in my life
>>
>>187546591
that will only get you drink more
>>
File: 20170828211810_1.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170828211810_1.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
>this whole fucking scene
>>
>>187546591
To get pissed at you for drinking and pissing?

>>187552027
Am I the only one that only found it funny the first time?
>>
>>187552847
>Am I the only one that only found it funny the first time?
Same. It was alright the first time, but I cringe on each following run. Also, I hate it when drunkness gets exaggerated.
>>
>>187553137
The Witcher 2 did it best. But it would probably have been cringy if they actually showed them try to ride the whores across the river.
>>
File: 20170828212931_1.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170828212931_1.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
>>187552847
>>187553137
I dunno. Genuinely laughed at some portions of this.
>>
>>187553443
>CDPR introduces the first trans witcher
Stunning, and brave.
>>
>>187553384
I felt it was a bit exaggerated too. I like the scene in TW3 up until that dress stuff, that crossed the line of believable drunkness for me.
>>
>>187553648
TW1's buddy drinking and bitching about relationships was the most grounded I guess. Weird in a game about a cartoon supervillain time-traveler and his super mutant army. TW3's started out pretty grounded too. Just cards and passive aggressive sniping about their buddy's girlfriend.
>>
>>187554020
Aoooo aoooo aoooo
>>
>>187553648
>>187554020
>>187554556
Have you guys never been black out drunk? Went your inhibition is completely stripped from you and you wake up with fragments of memories that you can't really lock down so you think they were just a dream? It's not the unbelievable IMO
>>
>>187554556
fuck you for reminding me of TW1 Dandelion
>>
>>187554752
There's a certain kind of man that will put on an evening gown and drunk dial random girls and that's on them. No amount of alcohol will do that to most men.
>>
>>187554752
I get drunk all the time, that's why I find it unbelievable. That seems movie drunk to me, not real life drunk.

>>187554765
>implying TW2 and TW3 Dandelion is better
>>
>>187555056
>>implying TW2 and TW3 Dandelion is better
Infinitely better. One of the weaker voice actors sure but he doesn't make me want to pierce my own ear drums.
>>
>>187555362
Shame his personality is shit
>>
>>187556196
Hard to get past that when you're playing Dandelion.
>>
I'm getting a finale feel from the whole "battle at kaer mohren" thing but I haven't even able to do heart of stone yet.. am I wrong or am I close to the end of the main quest?
>>
>>18755670
just play, nerd.
>>
>>187556946
meant to reply to >>187556708
>>
>>187556708
>I'm getting a finale feel from the whole "battle at kaer mohren" thing but I haven't even able to do heart of stone yet.. am I wrong or am I close to the end of the main quest?
proportionally yes but you'll probably be surprised how much game is left. Another 10 hours or so. it's a lot worse than the rest of the game
>>
>>
>>187556708
it's a trick. plenty of game remains
>>
>>187558914
Well, in his defense, while there's a decent amount of content left there's only one or two bits of any significance. There's lots of weird hasty wrap up that feels pretty empty and a couple of nice moments with Ciri. The rest is butchered beyond recognition.
>>
>>187559898
>tfw didn't finish my post
and so the battle of Kaer Morhen is basically the finale, emotionally speaking. it even feels like it the first time. it's also the last part of the plot that makes any sense at all.
>>
>>187559898
>The rest is butchered beyond recognition.
explain
>>
>>187559898
What about killing radovid and ensuring nilfgaard wins? Does that all come after?
>>
>>187560583
Easier if you see it for yourself.

>>187560746
Yes. I'd say not to get your hopes up about how it's executed but judging by your post you won't notice the problems.
>>
>>187562186
I'm not sure why you felt the need to insult me.
>>
>>187562643
I'm sorry you were insulted. you suck
>>
File: thanks consoles.jpg (858KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thanks consoles.jpg
858KB, 1920x1080px
>>187536932
I still don't understand what drove them to scrap so much.
>>
>>187563574
Microsoft money, publisher pressure, aiming too high, lack of experience with open world, last minute panic, low estimate of their chosen audience's intelligence and a hardcore sycophantic fanbase that assured good press.
>>
File: o.jpg (4MB, 3808x2156px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
4MB, 3808x2156px
>>187563797
What does any of that have to do with physically scrapping assets?
>>
>>187563574
>they STILL use shots from pre-downgrade builds for ads
>>
>>187563909
Scrapped areas, plots, and an inability to optimize for two consoles + pc means lots of things get cut or downgraded anon. Implementing things and polishing them takes man hours.
>>
File: 1489154617152.jpg (1MB, 1279x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489154617152.jpg
1MB, 1279x1200px
Giv necro gf
>>
>>187566389
ok
>>
>>187566389
As much as I like a lot of the art in Witcher 3 I still am not fond of all the makeup and raccoon eyes.
>>
>>187566501
And after bitching about makeup I will say I absolutely fucking love the look of Dethmold. Weather wizard with a weathervane staff and all bundled up with a hat that covers his ears and a collar that covers his neck. Absolutely fantastic.
>>
>>187566648
TW2 had best costume design, with a few exceptions.

Actually wait if I remember correctly the exceptions I'm thinking of in TW3 were recycled from TW2 concept art anyway.
>>
>>187566517
The raccoon look really only works for Ciri. Something about neon green magic eyes I guess.
>>
>>187380912
how come the graphics look all weird? Is that a mod or something?
>>
>>187563967
I got so triggered watching a noclip interview of the CEO of CDPR. He showed gameplay clips of the first 2 games, then the pre-downgrade TW3 trailer footage. That nigger didn't even ask him what the fuck he did.
>>
Is Marcin Iwinski the greatest monster of our generation?
>>
best grill
>>
>tfw no witcher strategy game
>>
>>187575672
Witcher Kings for Crusasder Kings 2
>>
>>187576237
No map change?
>>
>>187577098
the known world of the Witcher is modeled in that mod.
>>
>>187573859
Too fat
>>
>>187571273
I think that dude runs his screenshots through a Photoshop filter to smooth them out and give it a very slight painted look.
>>
>>187573859
>Covered in sweat from all the extreme diarrhea she was firehosing just moments before
Not a fan of cosplay but that's dedication.
>>
>>187571273
PS filter.
>>
>>187577748
you fat
>>
>>187578318
that's not triss
>>
Hey fags
>>
File: Onslaught_of_Cintra.jpg (648KB, 1500x704px) Image search: [Google]
Onslaught_of_Cintra.jpg
648KB, 1500x704px
>>187575672
>tfw no witcher: total war
>>
>>
File: Triss_FOTWW.jpg (40KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Triss_FOTWW.jpg
40KB, 960x540px
>>
>>187589739
meh, i prefer tw3 triss
>>
>>
Ciri :3
>>
>>187589739
YYEEEEEEES YEEEEEEEEES YEESSSSSS WHAT MOD IS THIS
>>
File: tumblr_ovcvyy3Y201u7jayzo1_1280.jpg (154KB, 1115x806px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovcvyy3Y201u7jayzo1_1280.jpg
154KB, 1115x806px
>>
>>187602030
kill yourself
>>
>>187602201
read the books faggot
>>
>>187601962
farewell of the white wolf. it's an upcoming short mod about geralt's wedding. it's for TW2
>>
File: tumblr_oueq5ojCFy1wo7pi0o1_1280.jpg (32KB, 610x351px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oueq5ojCFy1wo7pi0o1_1280.jpg
32KB, 610x351px
ciri's real parents
>>
>>187604839
pavetta a cute
>>
File: geralt_what.jpg (59KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
geralt_what.jpg
59KB, 800x450px
>>
File: witcher3_2017_08_29_15_27_59_840.jpg (917KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2017_08_29_15_27_59_840.jpg
917KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>187330734
God damn I played tw2 without any prior knowledge or reading the books and then I played tw3 but didn't pick up this detail. Did triss really start puttint on lilac and gooseberries scents on her in tw2 I can't remember?
>>
>>187612181
No, she didn't. Same way she didn't lock him up in her rape dungeon. That post is bullshit.
>>
>>187334553
What are you on about lad
>>
File: 1446044925123.jpg (11KB, 264x249px) Image search: [Google]
1446044925123.jpg
11KB, 264x249px
>>187375673
>275 KB
>>
>>
>>187617471
>>187608568
>you will never fugg dat ass
>>
>>187617751
I'm ok with that, my Geralt does it every day.
>>
>>187608568
Is it possible to see how big Geralt is with this mod?
>>
>>187619401
Default Geralt has no dick, he's a Ken doll. I installed this mod for whatever reason and now I can admire Geralt's schlong all I want.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2183/?
>>
File: 1503701435818.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1503701435818.png
177KB, 367x321px
>>187612653
>>187330734
Stop tricking me
>>
>>187619658
Thank you, anon! You made my day.
>>
>>187535579
>fuck the wild hunt what matters is monster contracts

which is great considering the wild hunt turned out to be the worst part of the game
>>
>>187619658
lol @ the picture of his dick head buoying above the waters surface
>>
>>187620820
No problem. Triss seemed grateful too :3
>>
File: 1471990657495.jpg (94KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1471990657495.jpg
94KB, 1919x1079px
>>187589739
Someone will import this Triss look to TW3 right anons?? right?
>>
i want to do things to triss's butt
>>
>>187622513
Hopefully.
>>
>>187612653
>Triss will never lock you up in her rape dungeon
>>
>>187628459
i want to lock her up in my rape dungeon
>>
>>187629325
>>
>>187630427
i wonder if nilfgaardians touched her inappropriately while she was in the dungeon. when she gets decompressed, she's naked.
>>
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2638/?
nice
>>
>>187631441
Meh, but that E3 Triss looks interesting.
>>
>>187630762
Realistically, she would've been up there naked when Geralt found her. And they definitely would've felt her up as an extortion tactic, but I don't think they would've gone further, Nilf bois too uptight and professional given the circumstance. If they were Kaedweni or Redanian that would've been a different story
>>
File: 2638-0-1503888558.png (4MB, 3112x1096px) Image search: [Google]
2638-0-1503888558.png
4MB, 3112x1096px
>>187631825
>Meh,
Dude it looks way better.
>>
>>187632585
A funny thing. When Triss gets decompressed she's naked, but when she decompresses those figurines in TW3, they have their normal clothes as they had when they were compressed. That can mean 2 things. Either Triss was naked in Phil's house when she got compressed or her clothes are kind of a magical illusion which would explain her wearing them in the dungeon later. And I agree about the touching, Nilfs are pros.

>>187632769
I prefer the original.
>>
File: 1503853680740.jpg (57KB, 811x649px) Image search: [Google]
1503853680740.jpg
57KB, 811x649px
This Triss reminds me of my high school crush
>>
>>187634971
>going to high school with triss
Lucky
>>
>>187634971
She was probably a huge slut who sucked off the guy who bullied you.
>>
imgur.com/ShXnTzq.jpg

my dick
>>
>>
File: 1490279248469.jpg (180KB, 530x596px) Image search: [Google]
1490279248469.jpg
180KB, 530x596px
>>187639636
me likey
>>
>>187586249
>every faction but Temeria is paid dlc
>Nilfgaard can't invade because all its infantry run into the first river and drown
>>
>>187612181
Most of the pretending to be Yen stuff is from the first game but the Lilac and Gooseberries perfume is from a non-canon stand alone adventure thing that's mostly a joke, so no.

It used to go on longer in TW2 but they changed it. Originally for instance, Triss never told Geralt about Yennefer at all. Instead of getting a QUICK RUNDOWN on the way to Flotsam, Geralt gets a flashback to Thanedd after first talking to Sile.
>>
>>187622513
What is this mod?
Any pics without the hat?
>>
>>187621016
I think you misunderstood that post. It's saying the Wild Hunt is shit because they put no effort into it.

>which is great considering the wild hunt turned out to be the worst part of the game
Nah Reasons of State is still the worst.
>>
>>187633330
They just forgot in TW3 that compression and decompression are extremely violent and painful.
>>
Is it possible to waifu a videogame?
>>
>>187633330
I'd imagine she was cuffed in dimeritium, no? So i don't think it was an illusion. And Philippa was meandering around Aedern, though i know that was tongue-in-cheek.
>>
>>187643559
>QUICK RUNDOWN
This is false. The trip takes several days and Dandelion says that Geralt spend the whole talking to Triss and that she told him stories about about Yen and Ciri long into the night. That implies a long and detailed explanation.

About the change part, are you saying that Geralt never asked Triss about his past when they boarded the ship in Flotsam before EE. It's been a while but I think he did. The only thing that was added was Dandelion's narration of the event.

I also don't remember the Thanedd part, Geralt's memories about Yen start from his death in Rivia and their time on the island and then focus on the time he was in pursuit of her. I don't remember Thanedd ever being mentioned.
>>
>>187644469
>no familiarity with the quick rundown meme

>
About the change part, are you saying that Geralt never asked Triss about his past when they boarded the ship in Flotsam before EE. It's been a while but I think he did. The only thing that was added was Dandelion's narration of the event.
It changed in development, before release. He originally didn't confront Triss there for whatever reason. Didn't trust her or something? In her defense no one else mentioned Geralt or Ciri either because lol TW1. But that's the plot thread they decided not to retcon cause drama.

>I also don't remember the Thanedd part,
Because it was cut. Are you drunk?
>>
>>187644334
Than where did she get her old clothes back? She should be naked in the dungeon then or wearing some rags.

And yes, I'm aware they probably just didn't give a fuck to bother making a new costume and though most people wouldn't care, but I'm still curious.
>>
>>187644707
Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen ordered the guard he found playing pretty-pretty-sorceress to give them back to her before having a stern talking to with his commanding officer about proper uniform discipline.
>>
>>187644686
>mentioned Geralt or Ciri either because lol TW1.

*Yennefer or Ciri
>>
>>187644707
I think they just thought it to be morally distasteful to have her shackled up and interrogated while nude. In reality I just imagine to have found her naked then she clothes herself magically after being freed, that just makes the most sense
>>
>>187645003
>Geralt is stripped and flogged in the Temerian dungeon
>Triss is tastefully re-clothed after Nilfgaard has her soiled garments laundered post decompression
SEXISM
>>
>>187645003
Like, the implication that comes with her being naked and chained up is pretty "out there"
>>
>>187644686
I don't do memes. I assumed you were talking TW2 pre EE, not prerelease. Whatever the case may be, prerelease stuff isn't that important. I mean, in TW1, Geralt wasn't even supposed to be the main character.

The only person Geralt asks about his past directly is Dandelion in TW1 and his response is well...tragic. I don't see people blaming him for it though. I had it somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. Fuck it when I have dozens of folders about TW.

>>187645003
She should have been naked or in some prison clothes. Fuck morals, I want realism and naked Triss. I mean, they didn't find it distasteful to have her decompress naked and moaning.
>>
File: witcher2 2015-08-11 18-43-09-40.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher2 2015-08-11 18-43-09-40.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>187644116
If it is TW2 is my waifu too.
>>
>>187645829
>I mean, in TW1, Geralt wasn't even supposed to be the main character.
They changed that pretty early. Ironically, Sapkowski told them to.

> I don't see people blaming him for it though
Probably because Dandelion's a retard, didn't deliberately give false impressions, and the next game's plot doesn't factor his behavior in, unlike Triss's.

TW1 is weird.
>>
>>187646329
RIP in piece Assire
>>
File: i6qxid6RsZ7NB letho.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
i6qxid6RsZ7NB letho.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>Why do you HOUND me
>>
File: witcher_2016_10_02_20_10_22_518.jpg (689KB, 953x2140px) Image search: [Google]
witcher_2016_10_02_20_10_22_518.jpg
689KB, 953x2140px
>>187646397
>They changed that pretty early. Ironically, Sapkowski told them to.
i think they asked him is it ok to bring him back from the dead and he was like "whatever, I don't give a fuck". He probably though the game will fail anyway.

>Probably because Dandelion's a retard, didn't deliberately give false impressions
On the first part I can agree on the second though, not really. He not only failed to mention Yen and Ciri to a direct question but he lied about who was there for no apparent reason.
>>
>>187646945
Witcher 2 sword game was top notch fuck.
>>
>>187645829
>She should have been naked or in some prison clothes. Fuck morals, I want realism and naked Triss. I mean, they didn't find it distasteful to have her decompress naked and moaning.

Me too, anon. But that's life in this age, skirting around moral controversy; Even if CDPR tows the line more than most
>>
>>187647652
I mean, they had Baroness LaVallete tied in a same position as Triss with her tits showing and a guy preparing to burn them with a hot poker. They had Philippa whipping Cynthia's ass. Triss was flaunting her hairy pussy on at least 3 occasions.
>>
>>187647453
>i think they asked him is it ok to bring him back from the dead and he was like "whatever, I don't give a fuck". He probably though the game will fail anyway.
IIRC they showed him stuff from the game with a generic witcher at Kaer Morhen and he asked " Why don't you just use Geralt?" but it's been a long time since I read the interview. Presumably he didn't give a shit about bringing him back from the dead because it's just a game, he never thought there'd be any success, and he never considered it more than an homage anyway.

>He not only failed to mention Yen and Ciri to a direct question but he lied about who was there for no apparent reason.
You mean him mentioning Milva and Regis? I think that wasn't meant to be pat of the same idea as Geralt's death scene, the script is just bad there.
>>
>>187647537
Armor game was even better. Never has cloth armor been so sexy.

>>187647945
One of the writers is a Triss waifufag. Not even joking. Maybe he snuck in a note to a scenario designer and they were so rushed by Act 3 that they just didn't care that Triss wasn't nude.
>>
>>187647953
>>187647453
>but he lied about who was there for no apparent reason.
Between this and the side quest in Act 3 where the lady is turned into a vampire I think one of the writers in TW1 was one of the five people in Poland that never even read the first book.
>>
>>187647945
But there is far less an implication of rape for Louisa La Valette since she would be half clothed. And Philippa spanks aren't controversial
>>
>>187648465
>And Philippa spanks aren't controversial
I remember seeing people complaining about them but it was the kind of person that was complaining about the game anyway. I'm just shocked they played that far. Or maybe they just heard about it or saw it on youtube.

Why do feminists not want women to enjoy themselves in bed?
>>
File: Screenshot_1 (8).png (103KB, 703x150px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1 (8).png
103KB, 703x150px
>>187647953
>You mean him mentioning Milva and Regis? I think that wasn't meant to be pat of the same idea as Geralt's death scene, the script is just bad there.
But it's part of that conversation. Clearly their intention was to erase Yen and Ciri, but why put such a dumb line there still puzzles me. I can't imagine the scrutiny Triss would get is she was the one who told him that instead of Dandelion.

>>187648113
>One of the writers is a Triss waifufag. Not even joking.
Why would I find that hard to believe? Someone at CDPR clearly loves Triss. They elevated her role significantly in the games, they put her in Playboy and shit, I'm not surprised there's people in CDPR who like her. I remeber watching some stream with a girl who used to work at CDPR and 2 devs. They were talking about random shit an that girl mentioned how she remembers some people crying from joy when they first showed them Triss' lighthouse scene.

>>187648465
I do get the rape implication would be controversial, but still, I like controversy and sexual abuse of a hot sorceress enemy is a realistic scenario.

>>187648290
I don't know about that, we can only guess but I assume CDPR would require that the writers read the books.
>>
>>187648968
>But it's part of that conversation.
Yeah but I thought it was just a really clumsily handled "you died just like they did" thing. I mean why would they put someone in charge of writing that dialogue who hadn't even read the scene in question.

>that girl mentioned how she remembers some people crying from joy when they first showed them Triss' lighthouse scene.
Although on the other hand maybe they would do exactly that.
>>
>>187648968
>They were talking about random shit an that girl mentioned how she remembers some people crying from joy when they first showed them Triss' lighthouse scene.
It was that balding numale American. I'm sure of it.

>I don't know about that, we can only guess but I assume CDPR would require that the writers read the books.
They don't. That scenario writer that used to post on SA hadn't read them when he started working. Granted he was never assigned to write stuff that pertained directly to the books. He did some cut stuff with Iorveth and Ves in TW3 and the Order of the Flaming Rose stuff in Hearts of Stone IIRC.
>>
Vegetarians should be banned from leadership positions and all public discourse. They are subhuman.
>>
>>187648968
>tfw there's so many Marcins that Marcin 360 may literally be the 360th Marcin employed there
seriously which Marcin is that
>>
File: 1454535174504.jpg (207KB, 1280x582px) Image search: [Google]
1454535174504.jpg
207KB, 1280x582px
>>187649734
>I mean why would they put someone in charge of writing that dialogue who hadn't even read the scene in question.
I have no explanation for the line. It's just stupid and inaccurate and if it wasn't there no one would give a fuck, so yeah...

>Although on the other hand maybe they would do exactly that.
I thought it was cute. And I assume when you make and work on a character for 10 or so years, you might get attached. Look at me, I've only played the games and I'm obsessed with Triss. They also have Triss lewd pics in their office. For inspiration, I assume...
>>
I heard they even printed Team Triss/Team Yennefer shirts for the office. CDPR is full of waifufags, bless
>>
>>187650565
Marcin Momot, the community guy.

>>187649978
>They don't.
That's kind of strange. I mean even if they don't make you, as a writer you should really do it if you're gonna write stuff in that universe.
>>
>>187650952
It all makes sense now. This endeavour was doomed from the start.
>>
File: teamtriss.jpg (186KB, 643x1126px) Image search: [Google]
teamtriss.jpg
186KB, 643x1126px
>>187650952
Yeah, I also remember when they release modkit, some modders complained that line descriptions were missing(I'm not sure about the details) and one of the guys form CDPR said they deleted them because they contained in house teasing and bickering over Triss and Yen.

And to be honest, that turned out to be the most controversial choice among the fanbase, no other one was even remotely discussed at that volume. And I want that Team Triss shirt.
>>
I now hope all future CDPR games have female only main characters so there will never be waifus again.
>>
>>187651585
Yeah right. I can't wait to see the Cyberfus they have prepared for us. After the success with Triss/Yen and seeing how much people care about that shit, they surely put more emphasis on romance. You can already see traces of it in BaW.
>>
File: Jacques warning.jpg (939KB, 1794x734px) Image search: [Google]
Jacques warning.jpg
939KB, 1794x734px
>>187650726
is that Jacques on the screen on the right?

>tfw he tried to warn us
>>
File: Cedric.jpg (115KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cedric.jpg
115KB, 1440x1080px
Well that's enough replies for now. I'm gonna go play TW2 some more to get the taste of waifufaggotry out of my mouth. I leave you with best elf.

>tfw this scene is sadder than Vesemir's death in TW3
I mean it's probably just because everyone just assumed Vesemir was gonna die as soon as he turned up, but still.
>>
>>187651841
I think it's just a crude model of some random NPC.

>>187652112
Give Triss a good bath for me.
>>
>>187652112
Triss manipulated the fuck out of dat boi
>>
File: jellygeralt.jpg (233KB, 955x1074px) Image search: [Google]
jellygeralt.jpg
233KB, 955x1074px
>>187652328
He was just mesmerized by her round ass, perky tits and fine smell...but yeah, I have to agree. She talked him into helping her spy on Sile and it got him killed.
>>
File: keira voice actor.jpg (13KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
keira voice actor.jpg
13KB, 214x317px
>mfw the voice actor for keira is a qt
>>
>>187646547
Sorceresses are overrated.

Assire gets killed by two old men using their hands and a knife.

Triss gets easily overpowered by Letho and ends up pretty much powerless in Nilf dungeon.

Sabrina gets burned alive by Henselt.

Philippa gets captured by Rad's soldiers and has her eyes gouged out.

Yennefer is captured by Nilfgaardians and ends up in Emhyr's dungeon.

Fringilla is btfo'd by Emhyr's men and put into custody.

Margaritta gets captured by witch hunters.

Sile gets captured by witch hunters and tortured to death.

Keira gets captured and impaled when she tries talking to Rad. She can also be easily killed by Geralt.

Felicia Cori gets burned alive.

Cynthia and her friend mage can get easily killed by Geralt.

And not to mention the low tier retards Triss is rescuing in Novigrad.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
Hot desu
>>
>>187653969
Keira was pretty cool. An excellent sidefu imo. Solid banter with Geralt, charming, solid lead in to the sex scene during the few quests you do for her, funny, decent looking, flashes her tits constantly...she is neck to neck with Shani as far as the sidefus are concerned.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
>killing Lavalette gets some chambermaid rich as fuck

Talk about butterfly effect
>>
>>187655510
If you don't kill him, the Baroness goes with you to the races and Molly is still a servant girl.
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>187655805
I know I did that in the first playthrough. Which is not wrong btw since I also did both in TW2.

In other news, Racoon make up is still fucking hot
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>187657274
That questchain was the biggest blueball in the history of this game.
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
Honestly rejecting Dandelion should be a pre requisite for waifu candidates
>>187657373
This.
>>
>>187657373
>>187657539
I don't get why people wanted to fuck Rosa. She's just a bland, spoiled, rich brat.
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
Laughing at you virgins who didn't bang Rosa.
>>
>>187657894
There's something awfully arousing in a woman that can fence.
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
Even her tone of voice at "private" is suggestive
Fuck CDR and fuck polish people.
Rejected her garbage ass private
>>
>>187657894
She's cute.
>>
file.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
Oh my god I refused her lesson invitation the first time, does it change anything if I accept the second or CDR trying to cock block me even harder
>>
File: Radovid 2.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Radovid 2.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
>>187652328
She did.

Around Lodge members, guard your member.
>>
>>187653969
>>187654559
Keira and Geralt's toptier banter just goes to show that Geralt having no companions was a mistake. Imagine Crow's Perch being a TW2 like hub where Keira and other people hang out occasionally providing tips and quest hooks.
>>
>>187652328
HGow?
>>
Birna Bran a cute
>>
>>187654013
Mages in the Witcher are like Batman. They can beat anyone if they have prep time but if they're surprised they're fucked because they're just regular dudes without time to set up. Yennefer BTFO of the entire Wild Hunt in the books when she expected trouble, but meanwhile if you get her while she's sleeping or hit her in the back of the head with a rock like Yarpen did, she's completely fucked. This applies to all mages.
>>
>>187654559
Shani lacks banter. She's overrated as a sidekick imo

>>187657045
I never got the appeal of this chick. Raccoon makeup only works if you have really bright eyes and her accent just reminds me of Goldmember from Austin Powers.
>>
>>187659259
You can still find them in the world, but I get your point. I'd love me a sorceress companion.

>>187659426
My point is, with a little tactic, they are easily beatable. And they have vulnerabilities, dimeritium and weak female bodies that we primarily meant for fucking rather than fighting.
>>
>>187659592
>You can still find them in the world, but I get your point.
Not the same as having them travel with you and react to shit like Dandelion/Zoltan/Roche/Iorveth/Triss in TW2. Vesemir's death is shit in TW3 not just because it's predictable but because you barely spend any time with him. A good death scene hurts even when you know it's coming.
>>
>>187659326
Cedric is admiring her the first time they meet and it's implied she flirted with him a lot to get him to kill Sile's bodyguard and help Triss hack Sile's private server.
>>
>>187659586
>Shani lacks banter. She's overrated as a sidekick imo
Shani's not the banter type, but her chemistry with Vlod and Geralt was alright imo. I enjoyed how she was done. She's a brave and serious lass that just happens to like old man dick.

>>187659782
I wanted to travel with Triss and find Yen like they agreed in TW2. Vesemir gives a glimpse of the companion but it ends shortly.
>>
>>187659586
Raccoon make up was invented by Middle Easterners what are you on about?
>>
File: night at the witcher.gif (233KB, 553x372px) Image search: [Google]
night at the witcher.gif
233KB, 553x372px
>>187660035
>this will never be in TW3
>there will never be a new Hansa with Roche, Iorveth, Dandelion, Siegfried, Triss, and Vesemir all trying to find Yennefer and Ciri at the start of TW3
>>
>>187660415
You are now aware that recessive traits were common among bronze age Egyptian nobility.

You are now aware Ramses the Great was a fucking ginger.
>>
>>187660484
Games are overrated, the books are better anyways.

t. haven't read a book
>>
>>187660484
>Siegfried
I kind of killed him in TW1 but I agree. Finding Yen was kind of anticlimactic imo. They build her up throughout TW2 and then the focus switches to finding Ciri and she disappears for like 60 hours after the initial meeting. Imagine the awkwardness of finding he with Triss. That first meeting between the three would be hilarious. I so wanted that.
>>
File: Radovid doing what he does best.jpg (701KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Radovid doing what he does best.jpg
701KB, 1440x900px
>>187659326
>Be Cedric
>Be so old you remember when elves had their own civilizations
>Fight the human invaders for centuries until you realize that your side has become nothing but a bunch of terrorist guerrillas every bit as bad as the humans they were fighting
>Realize that you're just hurting your people, leave the Scoia'tael and vow never to kill an intelligent being again
>start having horrible visions of the future
>become a drunk just to make them stop
>one day incredibly hot dhoine woman starts flirting with you out of nowhere
>says she has this really important mission, all you've gotta do is sneak her into this sorceresses room at the inn
>you're drunk as fuck and it does sound important so you agree
>it all goes south, you're forced to kill a dhoine for the first time in ages
>suddenly Big Guy breaks in and stabs you
>witch said nothing about this
>try to stop him but he's too fast
>blood is so thin from vodka that when he cuts you you can't stop the bleeding
>crawl into the forest to die

Around the Lodge, get out of Dodge.

>>187660645
Agreed about TW3 but if anything the first two games are underrated these days. The books have better writing but they're books so of course they do. Kind of hard to compare such different mediums though.

>>187660954
>TW2 builds up finding Yen all game
>Tw3's opening cinematic is about Yen
>Find Yen in the fucking prologue, talk for five minutes, she vanishes for 60 hours
Nevermind that depending on how you end TW3 they outright imply Geralt's going to have Triss and Roche or Iorveth or even Siegfried with him at the start.
>>
>>187661253
>Cedric
I'd do the same for Triss in his place.
>>
>>187660954
I initially assumed that hunting Yennefer would be a big chunk of TW3 and that Ciri would only come in later. When I found out that she was actually in it really early I just assumed it was for story purposes so she could hang out as a companion and drop exposition dumps. Turns out even that was wrong. Very strange decision.
>>
>>187660637
Egypt is not in the middle east.
>>
>>187661253
>Nevermind that depending on how you end TW3 they outright imply Geralt's going to have Triss and Roche or Iorveth or even Siegfried with him at the start.
The game needed to be as standalone s possible so they got rid of anything that might be too confusing. Basically, they threw their old fans under the buss for the massive new console crowd.
>>
>>187661386
Nah I don't think you could take the generic thug NPC from TW2 tbqh. Dude is ripped.
>>
>>187661253
What a manipulative slut
>>
>>187661484
u wot

Whatever, Hittites were Indo-European anyway. Populations aren't static. The Mid-East had different people in it three thousand years ago than it does today.

>>187661517
>The game needed to be as standalone s possible so they got rid of anything that might be too confusing. Basically, they threw their old fans under the buss for the massive new console crowd.
The plot still doesn't make sense though so it's not like the console crowd would notice. Marketing people are fucking idiots.
>>
>>187661253
Truth be told, the main quest in TW2 is infinitely better than the mian quest in TW3
>>
>>187661392
Traveling with Triss and Yen in pursuit of Ciri is something I'd give my left ball for. Dandy could join in eventually, maybe Zoltan, some random characters you meet along the way like Roche, Letho, Ves, Iorveth would join and leave as the story progresses...
>>
>>187661784
TW3 barely has a main quest. It has better dialogue and acting but it's totally disjointed and unfocused. It's TW1 tier. Big step back. Very disrespectful. Sad!
>>
File: edgy garry.jpg (325KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
edgy garry.jpg
325KB, 1680x1050px
>>187661652
>The Mid-East had different people in it three thousand years ago than it does today.
Just like Europe had different people 40 years ago than it does today.
>>
>>187661523
For Triss? I could kill an army.
>>
>>187660484
>>187660954
>>187661392
>>187661849

>alternate universe TW3
>save import actually does shit
>starting party varies depending on what you imported

>Always there: Vesemir
>Import save where Siegfried is alive and he joins you. Either he was never grandmaster in the first place and you ran into him on the way, or he left the order when Radovid went crazy.
>Import save where Triss is saved and she's there at the start. Otherwise she's in Novigrad like before.
>Import Iorveth path: Iorveth is there either way, but he has ulterior motives hoping that Geralt looking into Yennefer will help him fuck up Nilfgaard and Philippa.
>import Roche path: If Roche is exiled then he's with you, otherwise it's Ves.

r8
>>
>>187662592
Stop it...this hurts me. But great idea.
>>
>>187658831
No, you can't fuck her either way.
>>
>>
>>187664960
>Fringilla
>in Touissant
kek
>>
if the next thread isn't cedric edition I will shit on each and every one of your beds
>>
>>187666009
Fringilla was totally wasted in the games. Her role in the main game is negligible and could have been played by Sile or Keira. But due to it, Fringilla was hard to fit in Toussaint, where she should have been a side romance instead of Syanna. She has a history with the place, Anna, Geralt...she'd be an excellent addition to BaW. I kind of hoped she'd be there, but nope.
>>
>>187666481
The letter on Yennefer's desk in Vizima seemed like she'd be there but Blood and Wine's B-team went full retard.
>>
>>187666580
>>187666580
>>187666580
>>
>>187666294
Never.
Thread posts: 751
Thread images: 163

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.