[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 755
Thread images: 136

File: 1472588560181.jpg (487KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472588560181.jpg
487KB, 800x800px
>Rolled left
>>186784773

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
https://pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ
>Useful PvP data
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSfgmZuvPRH-V4tNCBopaHAuRjuR3AxytjlBiaoICHC6cWGYzkg1POxHyUxBoJAWAUtFHOPUVte0kWI/pubhtml?gid=0

>DARK SOULS 2
https://pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
https://pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
https://pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >>>/vg/bbg

>KING'S FIELD
http://pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): https://discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: https://pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral
>>
DS2 looks good on paper but I just cant get into it
>>
>>186849645
I assume he means "quality" in that it's pointless to go above 40/40. Which is also bullshit because it retains more AR than any Sharp-infused katana at 80 Dex.

>>186850104
2kat is still okay.
CCS is utter shit because its AR was nerfed to hell and bleed builds were also nerfed to hell (mainly with Rouge taking a massive kick in the balls)
Claws and Quills are still better than any other claw and thrusting sword weapon at 80 Dex with Sharp. They're just not brokenly good.
Follower Sabre took a major AR nerf, I don't see anyone using it ever so I assume that it's trash.
>>
>>186849672
Curved Greatsword 1H movesets are basically the same as 2H with less range, at those stats Exile would be good. Also Rose of Ariandel would fit perfectly into the cleric theme you want.

>>186850104
All of those are still great save Crow Talons which were always shit for various reasons.
>>
>>186850714
>Claws and Quills are still better than any other claw and thrusting sword weapon at 80 Dex with Sharp. They're just not brokenly good.

>Quills better than Estoc
>Talons better than regular Claws let alone Manikin

The fact that Talons don't have the terrific fist running L1 alone makes them the worst fist/claw weapon in the game.

Also just because CCS and Sabre don't have absurd AR anymore doesn't mean they aren't great since they are curved swords with still decent AR and range which makes them better than most other weapons in the game still. Sabre's WA alone makes it amazing.
>>
File: 1502483180989.jpg (36KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
1502483180989.jpg
36KB, 600x335px
After he's done with Dark Souls 3 do you guys think he will play DeS, BB or Dark Souls 1 next?

Get ready for some c o m f y shit because he doesn't hate any of those games.
>inb4 Nioh DLC and he's "done with souls" again
>>
>>186850868
>CCS and Sabre
>decent range

They're shorter than the fucking scimitar now
>>
>>186850714
>80 Dex with Sharp
i thought the level meta was 98
did that change too? fuck, everything I knew about this game before putting it down for a while seems to have changed
>>
>>186850905
Who?
>>
>>186850905
i think he said he's playing ds1 next
>>
File: 1484100032724.png (522KB, 449x678px) Image search: [Google]
1484100032724.png
522KB, 449x678px
Give me videogame OST to listen to while playing through the game for the 18th time
>>
>>186850868
They're short as PGCS now,they have slow as hell 2HR1, their ar is butchered. Scimitar,demon scar,pkcs are leagues above them
>>
>>186850958
And they're still longer than the fucking Falchion. The basic CS 2HR1 attack is so brokenly great that even that slight range nerf isn't that damaging, the AR nerf was far more damaging to their status at top of the meta to just being 'good' now. Though if you're going for an 80 Dex build there's no reason not to use the Scimitar over CCS, Sabre is a contender if you want to use the WA at least.

>>186851063
>98

That was never the meta in 3 or any proper Souls game, it was always 120-125 which you can easily do an 80 Dex build with if you sacrifice some END or put Dex down to around 70.
>>
>>186850497
Nah still to shit at partying and vig is too low to risk getting smoked if I miss.
>>
>>186851148
>They're short as PGCS now,they have slow as hell 2HR1, their ar is butchered. Scimitar,demon scar,pkcs are leagues above them

Painting Guardian Sword actually had its range buffed to be on par with theirs in the TRC patch. Their AR still is around 400-430 on quality or pure Dex builds which is perfectly fine for weapons that are as fast as they are. Scimitar is a good argument against using them though because on pure Dex it is absolutely amazing, Scar is a pyro weapon though so I wouldn't say it should be in the argument and PKCS is quality anyway and also agreed to be busted by absolutely everyone.
>>
File: 1499457727804.jpg (749KB, 1866x1291px) Image search: [Google]
1499457727804.jpg
749KB, 1866x1291px
>>186851093
You'd think that he would try to go through the series in reverse order given how he's gonna do DeS for last. So the most logical would be to play BB next but then again it plays the most similar to 3 so maybe he could go to BB after slow DS2 and cap everything off with DeS.

>>186851086
Marcus "Epicnamebro" Sanders, the Vaati before Vaati and for all intense purposes the founder of the baka gaijin Soilsborne community. He is the pillar upon which the community rested on.
>>
>>186850704
DS2 is probably my favorite of the three but it also took me the longest to appreciate its qualities.
>>
>>186851162
I fell for the 80 dex meme and gave follower's sabre a try. Cant roll catch for shit with it. It's extremely easy with the PKCS on the otherhand. The range really makes the weapon.
>>
>>186851063
>>186851162
The meta for /bbg/ is 98. He might've mixed the generals up. Or I might just be wrong and sound like an idiot.
>>
>>186851162
Well, everything is longer than the falchion. Broken ss has more range than sabre and carthus now. The range and R1 speed nerf and AR nerf made them inferior to say LKS in every way or even longsword

>>186851292
I know that but it's still in the piddy range leagues,on par with rgcs,pgcs and a few others that are known to have like pisspoor range. Their r1 speed is noticeably slower which kind of defeats the purpose and gives no incentive to use them over a plain longsword
>>
>>186851462
No, you're correct. /bbg/ stays at BL98 because they're allergic to the BL120 meta.
>>
File: 1486722136124.jpg (117KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1486722136124.jpg
117KB, 500x750px
>>186851163
Pontiff is super easy to parry. On my pc I got like 5 frames per second and the Pontiff fight would literally freeze for minutes at a time because the performance was so shit but I was still able to parry him 3 times in a row. And that was with a MEDIUM shield. Small shields obliterate his first phase entirely.

But congrats on first trying him!
>>
Best curved greatsword?
Asking for a friend.
>>
>>186851394
>He is the pillar upon which the community rested on.
Still a faggot none the less
>>
>>186851623
The "meta" is more or less useless outside of PvP, in which the /bbg/ FCs have become a good-sized shitshow. Haven't attended in months, and it feels great.
>>
>>186851698
Yeah I'll learn to parry one of these days
>>
>>186851489
>The range and R1 speed nerf and AR nerf made them inferior to say LKS in every way or even longsword

If you're comparing them to two of the best weapons of the game of course they'll come up worse but that doesn't mean they still aren't great relative to 80% of the other weapons in the game still. On a purely mechanical scale I agree those are better but that doesn't make Sabre and CCS bad now at all. Also the R1 speed nerf for heavy Curved Swords was only on followup R1s, the first 2HR1 is still as fast as it ever was which makes actually hit confirming people as easy as always.

>Their r1 speed is noticeably slower which kind of defeats the purpose and gives no incentive to use them over a plain longsword

See above. The heavy curved sword 2HR1 is still a few frames faster than the basic SS 1HR1 which can make a difference. Again a competent player with an LKS/Longsword can likely beat a Sabre/CCS user now (almost definitely if they have a shield) but that still does not make those bad on their own and if you use that argument you might as well say why bother using any weapon over those two.
>>
>>186851623
To be fair, BB does have less stats to put in so it warrants having a lower meta. Everything still does tons of damage at that level as you can hit caps pretty easily and fit in that range.
>>
>>186851707
Str build: Exile
Dex build: Kumo

>>186851780
>PvP in Bloodborne
Heh, nice meme.
>>
>>186851707
Exile for raw damage and stat efficiency, Harald for range and WA trades. Murakumo if you're pure Dex and want a balance of damage and range. Old Wolf CS if you want to use it cheap on a 26/40 quality build and get optimal AR for it.
>>
File: 1484106830234.png (50KB, 832x758px) Image search: [Google]
1484106830234.png
50KB, 832x758px
I would play Dark Souls 3 so much more as my go to game when I have nothing else to do if I didn't need to grind so many souls for upgrade mats when I want to change my build

Was going to make a frayed blade build but I need like 15 dragon scales and they cost 20k each and I'm not prepared to sit grinding lothric knights for like an hour
>>
>>186851908
What platform?
>>
>>186851891
>>186851893
My friend said thanks lads.
>>
File: 1500849634900.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500849634900.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>186851749
Well he's a perfect representation of the Souls community then!
his sisterfucking ways aside the dude seems really cool and I'd deffo hang out with him in real life and buy him a beer if I had the chance. He's a genuinely friendly and awesome guy but he becomes a prick in his Souls and especially ds3 streams
>>
File: 1387899878556.jpg (35KB, 519x541px) Image search: [Google]
1387899878556.jpg
35KB, 519x541px
>>186851956
Xbone
>>
>bradley of the old guard will never softly pat you on the head after you defeat the flexile sentry
>>
>>186852004
Dude really needs to chill out a bit. His streams are often comfy but he gets so defensive so quickly.
>>
>>186852016
Damn. I'm on PS4. Perhaps you could ask someone on here at a later point? I know how you feel though. I want to make a cosplay build but I can't bring myself to grind for the things I need and potentially go into NG+ at a lower level just to get a second copy of the same weapon. Also I can't make a face without a nose that is just flat.
You could also see if someone would want to play through parts of the game co-op with you to spice things up more.
>>
>>186851809
I thought it'd be a fair to compare weps that are/once meta who's main purpose is fast R1s and rollcatch. While I'm not arguing that they're bad,as they can still shit on ultras and such. There's no reason to use then when there are weps that can do the same R1 really fast job but better than them. A weird comparison would be like why would you use garg spear on pyro (I know it's best on quality) when it got nerfed when you have dark bident
>>
>>186852415
I can understand your argument when it comes to CCS at least because that's definitely worse than say a Sharp Scimitar now but I'd consider Sabre still comparable. It's WA is one of the best in the game still and reaches similar AR on pure Dex. Sabre actually works really well 1H with a WA shield since it's 1H range is noticeably longer than 2H, I'd recommend trying it since the 1H moveset still has the great running attack.
>>
what's the best twink build is dark souls 3. i feel like working through some issues by pissing other people off
>>
>>186852245
I wish there was just an undead match mode where all your gear was leveled to max or something
>>
>>186852976
vordt's greathammer
>>
>>186852976
Raw DSA with Gold Pine Resin
Two-handed Borthammer
Dark Hand
>>
Any decent big weapons (great hammers, great axes, UGS) on early game? I want to play with a big weapon on main and chimes/talis on my offhand but I don't remember anything big aside from maybe Vordt's. Planning a str/fth build.
>>
>>186853353
Great Club from the Exile guy at Crucifixion Woods. The Exile Greatsword from the other Exile is also a great choice for your build.
>>
>>186852976
Mace, broadsword, DSA, borthammer and daggers with quickstep (to counter bort users) are twinking meta, HOWEVER. If you want to be a real asshole get some ghru weapons, especially the dagger, and harass mossless chaps on the wall/settlement
>>
>>186853353
Borthammer is the earliest available guaranteed one.

Winged K***ht Halberd can theoretically be farmed off the Fat K***ht circling the fountain at High Wall. Stock Greataxe can be farmed off the big hollows on High Wall as well.

Great Wooden Hammer and Spiked Mace can be farmed at Und*** Settlement. Same for Great Machete off of the cage-wearing fat fucks. Once Greirat comes back from his guaranteed pillaging run you can also buy Zwei off of him.

Exile CGS can be obtained guaranteed at Crux Woods. BKGS can be farmed off the Black K***ht there.

Gutssword is loot inside Farron Keep, Farron Memesword you get by killing Abyss Watchers

Great Mace is available at Cathedral, same for CKGS. You can also grab Astora's from the graveyard.

If you're willing to accept regular greatswords, you can pick from Claymore (loot at High Wall), Bastard Sword (buy from Greirat), Flamberge (drop from Thralls in Und*** Settlement) and Executioner's (Cathedral). Hollowslayer's and Wolf K***ht's can be gotten via transposing.
>>
>tfw bloodlust will never be as good as other katanas
>>
>playing 3 for the first time
>get to Abyss Watchers, 10/10 fight
>think game can't get any better
>get to Pontiff Sulyvahn, 11/10 fight
>really start thinking the game can't get better
>get to ANOR FUCKING LONDO, and another 10/10 fight with Aldrich
>don't like the idea of having to use a specific weapon to fight Yhorm, but the fight was still pretty great

By the way, when should I start doing the DLCs? After I beat the main game? I presume NG+ works as it did in 2, where you have to manually start it, so am I better waiting? I've also only found the Ariamis DLC, not sure how to find the other one
>>
>>186854021
You should generally start AoA by the time you actually get into Lothric Castle. TRC is locked until after you beat either AoA, or every required boss but the last one.

>I presume NG+ works as it did in 2
Hahahaha, no.

>where you have to manually start it
Oh, that's what you mean. Yes, you can choose when to go into later NG+ cycles from Firelink after you beat the final boss.
>>
Gael left the chapel somehow and I can't access ariandel anymore
Is it because I went to TRC first?
is there a way?
>>
>>186854150
Do you get into Lothric Castle after beating the Dancer? I haven't done that yet
>>
>>186854161
Teleport to it
>>
>>186854238
That's the problem. gael left cleansing chapel even though I didn't talk to him and didn't teleport to the painting
therefore I can't access it
>>
>>186853931
What are you talking about, it's the only katana worth a damn
>>
>>186854282
That's why you should always activate the DLC when you arrive at the Cathedral regardless if you're going to do AoA or not.
>>
>>186854282
Go to where Gael is. He leaves the scrap of painting there and you can use it to go to Ariandel, they even made a unique cutscene for it for the one person like you who found yourself in that position.
>>
>>186854229
Yes. Lothric Castle is behind Dancer. Beat Dancer, then beat at least one or two bosses after Dancer. Then you should be about tough enough to play AoA.
>>
>>186854617
>it's true
nice, thank you
>>
>>186854021
You don't have to use stormruler for Yhorm, it's there for people who can't tackle the actual bossfight to skip it. What you do need is a weapon that can hit a couple of feet above your head. I think that rules out whips, maces, daggers and cs. If course you can still fight with those but you'll only be able to hit the arms, not the head.
Yhorm is fought by hitting his arms and head, which receive normal and extra damage respectively. He is the best giant boss and answer to the complaints of people (like me) that killing a giant by clipping it's nails is retarded. Also a reason why Midir is such a great fight. Ancient Wyvern too, if it didn't have such horrible camera issues.
The best weapon against Yhorm by far is Ledo's, the strong attack is easy and safe to hit him square and in the head if you time it right. Also, spoiler for the fight, don't read if you want to figure out on your own standing under his feet baits him to do the downwards smash attack, bringing his head within spitting distance
Hope you'll have more fun next time you take him on
>>
new to dark souls 3, is fire longsword good early
>>
I got summoned in to help in an invasion against a hacker. He was invisible and teleporting and turning into various mobs that gave souls every time he switched.

I black crystaled out because he wasn't attacking or anything and it seemed like the invader and invadee might have known each other. Ever since I haven't seen any summon signs or been summoned. What are the chances I've been banned?
>>
>>186855210
It's fine but you get a raw stone in the high wall which as a similar effect only leaves the weapon buffable. If you don't want to bother with magical stats or resins, go fire
>>
>>186855210
Mm if you're planning on building strength or dex, maybe go heavy or sharp longsword?
>>
>>186855210
It's only good in the first few areas when a bunch of enemies you'll be fighting are extremely weak to fire. Beyond that, you're better off deciding on a build you want to stick with and weaponizing accordingly.
>>
File: 1502473038796.png (180KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1502473038796.png
180KB, 456x320px
>>186854931
>You don't have to use the Stormruler for Yhorm
This is a shit argument and only serves to encourage design where they make a boss almost undoable but then give you an instant win button right next to it and go "Well you have a choice!". Both choices are shit because there is no scenario where not using the Stormruler is preferable to using it.

They should've made the Stormruler
>only stagger Yhorm for a while which allows you to riposte them / do extra damage
>do damage but adjust both the health of the boss and the damage Stormruler does so that on NG+ cycles the lack of scaling means defeating him without it is preferable like Storm King from DeS

But no, the DS3 Stormruler is a lazy copypaste reference that does it even fit within the logic of it's own world.

In Demon's Souls the weapon only gained special properties in the bossroom because the obelisks were powering it up while DS3 lacks this lore justification and indeed the weapon art works everywhere, it's just completely unuseable everywhere else in the game.

Why does it only work on Yhorm but no other giants? Why can't you use it on King of the Storms in the Nameless fight or Cursewood?

It sucks, Yhorm would easily be my favoriteord of Cinder but they rendered him a non-fight due to the ebin DeS reference that was executed totally wrong.

I'll give From this, though. People on /v/ and here were jerking off to the thought of ebin DeS stuff returning so it doesn't surprise me at all why DS3 is the way it is.
>>
>>186855251
You get informed if you get baned.
>>
holy shit so is the girl in the ashes of ariandel dlc who's painting a new world supposed to be painting the world of bloodborne?
>>
File: black_knight_glaive.png (16KB, 198x265px) Image search: [Google]
black_knight_glaive.png
16KB, 198x265px
yo is this shit any good
>>
>>186857180
nah
>>
>>186857180
Yes but outclassed by Splitleaf like every other Spin Sweep halberd now.
>>
>>186857297
yo what the fuck is splitleaf I was talking about dark souls 1
>>
>>186857390
Oh in Dark Souls 1 it's fucking god-tier for PvE, it's known as stupidly strong for a reason.
>>
>>186857037
It would be a shit argument if hitting him anywhere did shit damage and SR was the only way out. It is bad design, but you can just ignore thus one thing and have an actually great fight. It's like saying that because you can slap on way of the blue and keep summoning phantoms at the bonfire while endlessly rolling and avoiding conflict, it's the only way to deal with invaders. Or that because you can parry Gwyn, you HAVE to cheese him like this every time
Go give yourself a cactus enema
>>186857390
How is he supposed to know, that's a ds3 icon. Yes, it's retarded good in PvE but the weight and the fact that it's outclassed by the scythe with 40 dex makes it suboptimal in PvP
>>
>>186851394
>for all intense purposes
People like you are diamond dozen.
>>
>>186857180
It's OP as fuck is DS1 and 2
>>
>>186857137
>>186857137
It's a painted world within a painted world within a painted world.
>>
Since the CU didn't have a level up maiden, does that mean that SL1 runs are actually canon in lore? No other protagonist can level up like that, making me believe that it is only there for gameplay mechanics
>>
Who was ariandale?
>>
>>186857823
Daddy.
>>
>>186857823
A mega ass waifu fag
>>
>>186857823
King of scotland
>>
>>186857823
Enbposter
>>
File: what.jpg (58KB, 1047x243px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
58KB, 1047x243px
So I don't want to start any trouble here but which one of you guys is trying to request porn of ENB and his sister?

>>186857816
>No other protagonist can level up like that, making me believe that it is only there for gameplay mechanics
Priscilla was supposed to be the level up waifu for Dark Souls 1. For whatever reason that ended up being (thankfully) cut because it wouldn't fit with the Metroidvania style of world.
>>
>>186858109
What board is that?
>>
Guys, I don't want to kill Yorshka. Can I just bribe her charm with candies?
>>
File: d67[1].jpg (23KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
d67[1].jpg
23KB, 600x444px
>>186851394
>>186857549
>>
see guys this >>186854021 is an example of modern neo-souls community, the new target audience of from software

hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Dark Souls 3!
>>
File: 6297437.png (156KB, 391x401px) Image search: [Google]
6297437.png
156KB, 391x401px
>>186857756
>>
File: 1495553123402[1].jpg (22KB, 362x263px) Image search: [Google]
1495553123402[1].jpg
22KB, 362x263px
>>186858304
What the fuck is this post even trying to convey? /v/edditors getting their buzzwords all mixed up again
>>
I lose interest in the game after NG.
I just can't seem to play it after NG. I started the NG after finishing ds1 but it was boring so I had to move on to ds2 and then onto ds3. I think I'll get bored of ds3 once I beat it also.
That's why it's annoying how there are endgame items that I can't use much because I get them so late in the game and don't get to beat many areas or bosses with them.
Why do the 3+ rings have to be near the end of the game? I won't get to use them for NG.
>>
>>186853903
I've no problem with greatswords but I want something bigger. Maybe I'll stay with WKH on the early game then find another huge weapon that I can change into lightning by late game
>>
>>186858572
Large club is in settlement too, in the area with the demon
>>
ds2 had the best fashion and variety you can't prove me wrong faggots
>>
>>186858998
ENB please go you total shitter
>>
File: 561126516.jpg (24KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
561126516.jpg
24KB, 460x300px
>>186859023
prove me wrong
>>
>>186857536
>but you can just ignore thus one thing and have an actually great fight
No, you can't. Your argument is like saying that Wolnir is a good fight if you don't attack the bracelets. Storm Ruler is obviously there for a reason, they obviously expect you to use it, and taking him on melee is worse than running around under Midir and slashing at his legs and tail.

The only alternative to Storm Ruler is to be a caster who shoots Soul Spears at his head and then goes for the visceral. You have very few other options to try to bring him down, since the windows for whacking at his hands and head with a melee weapon during recovery are stupidly small.
>>
File: a-team gorgets.webm (2MB, 656x350px) Image search: [Google]
a-team gorgets.webm
2MB, 656x350px
>>186858180
Just ask someone to trade you their Yorshka's. I have at least two from previous NG cycles, she's currently alive for all of my characters because of that.

>>186859023
The actual fashion options are actually fantastic though. You don't have problems with shitty neck seams, and the colors don't look completely washed out because of the whole "shit-brown is awesome!" mentality that pervades every design facet of DaS3.
>>
Really, Fromsoft?
Does this faggot dog really have to keep teleporting at the edge of my screen all the way into the Chapel?
Who the fuck designed this bullshit?
>>
>Gael's Greatsword is Quality instead of STR
fuck
>>
>magic is garbage
>pyromancy garbage
>faith not good/fun until mid-late game
Fuck this stupid shit.
>>
>>186859783
You forgot the best part:
>Have to sacrifice estus to have fun

Also, Pyromancy is fine, sadly sorceries are still utter garbage.
>>
>>186857536
>It's like saying that because you can slap on way of the blue and keep summoning phantoms at the bonfire while endlessly rolling and avoiding conflict, it's the only way to deal with invaders

That's not analoguous at all because doing that is a bigger waste of playing time than dying to the invader.

>Or that because you can parry Gwyn, you HAVE to cheese him like this every time
Parrying Gwyn actually carries a risk of him BTFOing you if you fuck up so again, there's a tradeoff that's totally lacking from the Yhorm fight.

Similarly Ancient Wyvern is garbage because yeah, you CAN technically beat the Wyvern without using the plunging attack but it's so ridiculous to do and the devs basically force you to kill him with the plunge. The hilarious thing is that you encounter another Wyvern up top which is actually reasonable to kill in melee and Ancient Wyvern would've been okay if the boss wyvern had the miniboss Wyvern's health or maybe a bit more but not as much as it does now.

Just goes to show that the devs wanted to shoehorn in "cinematic" moments and trashed the conventions of normal gameplay to force the players into them, resulting in even decreased replay value.

You'd think they learned from their mistakes in DeS but apparently not.
>>
>>186859710
>Gael's Greatsword is both longer and wider than Executioner's Greatsword despite being a broken version of it

It's not a very sensible weapon.
>>
>>186860070
I paid good bux for this sword so it must be better than the original.
>>
>>
>>186859243
but ds3 has aristocrats mask
>>
>>186860047
>Yhorm was super overhyped in the trailer
>It's a gimmick boss fight
Thanks Memezaki, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>186859562
what's that weird onion aura
>>
>>186860674
but dude, STORMRULER
it's so BADASS
you charge it and like be so EPIC and AWESOME
>>
>>186860885
>Says effective against giants
>Only use is against Yhorm
It's like, they didn't even try this time.
>>
>>186860885
Better than Storm King at least.
>>
>>186861224
That's barely an excuse, considering the release dates of DeS and DaS3.
They should have gotten better at Boss fights, but they just got worse at them.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
The abyss sounds like a pretty cool place
>>
>>186861217
they tried but they tried to poorly it's just sad

whenever I play I end up getting sad if I overplay
>>
>>186861336
>They should have gotten better at Boss fights
they did

they just went into a different direction with them

"This game has no real sense of subtlety or nuance. Everything's all about flash and spectacle, the music, the combat, the presentation... it's such a far cry from what made me love ds1 in the first place. I guess I could see why you like this, but I'm upset that the devs just couldn't help themselves from letting the anime shit pollute the series. It's again, the antithesis of what made the series cool in the first place."
>>
>>186861336
Well to be fair, the real boss fights of DS3 are some of the best in the series and shit all over DeS / DS1 / DS2 bosses except the DLC ones.

The problem is that out of the fairly small-ish base game boss roster too many are completely garbo gimmick fights that are arguably worse than any of the gimmick fights in DeS or DaS and have less replay value.

>>186861224
Storm King was actually better and on successive NG cycles the DeS stormruler lost effectiveness quickly because it doesn't scale in damage.
>>
File: CasualGamer2.jpg (27KB, 420x288px) Image search: [Google]
CasualGamer2.jpg
27KB, 420x288px
>>186861336
see this guy >>186861891
he is a simple man
the game was made for the him and the likes of him
simple people with primitive tastes, impatient, impulsive, with no sense of moderation and poor perception

or in other words, the generic modern day "gamer"
>>
>>186860705
It's his Stand
>>
File: 20170822112843_1.jpg (78KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170822112843_1.jpg
78KB, 1920x1080px
wasn't too hard but got quite nerve wracking around shrine of amana
>>
>>186862225
Do you have actual arguments or are you just shitposting?

Most of the DS3 / BB bossfights actually either require or heavily encourage dodging and gameplay instead of obliterating slow as molasses bosses without them being able to even react. The only even halfway decent bosses from DeS were FKA, Flamelurker and Maneaters.
>>
>>186862974
>King Allant
>>
File: pink qt.jpg (199KB, 785x1023px) Image search: [Google]
pink qt.jpg
199KB, 785x1023px
>>186862870
>tfw got both of them first try in one sitting
I did it on NG+ though so it probably doesn't count.
>>
>>186858565
I also can't finish the game but it's a happy problem for me. I keep on resetting for new build instead of going the easy way with NG+
>>
Creighton The Wanderer isn't invading me for some reason. I've done everything to trigger it.
Only thing was I picked up the loot before burning an ember.
why isn't he invading?
>>
>>186861835
I actually don't mind the anime by itself (except the dual ugs), it's just that the other non-anime part is so bland that it feels boring using them, and then the anime feels out of place because of the huge gap between the two. They might as well have introduced more fluid combos with less restriction when chaining attacks instead of the somewhere in between that they tried to do.
>>
File: ss (2017-08-22 at 03.25.39).jpg (144KB, 644x598px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-08-22 at 03.25.39).jpg
144KB, 644x598px
Rate my stupidity
>>
>>186851908
start a new character if you want new builds all the time
>>
>>186854847
Well, I went straight to AoA after beating Dancer and now Sister Friede is kicking my ass

I like hard fights, Aldrich and Sulyvhan were pretty difficult in my book and I had to become better at the game in order to beat them

Sister Friede is just bullshit, though, she's hard enough alone and then you have to beat her and some massive dude who has a fire attack that covers half of the arena with only a few Flasks left

Why do all the bosses have to have two phases?
>>
>>186851908
I don't have this issue with anything except slabs because I get so many souls pvping in Aldritch zone it doesn't even matter when I lose 2mil or some shit.
>>
>>186863869
60 dex is ass, either go 70-80 or better yet get 30/30 int/fai and use dark and chaos
50 vig is somewhat too much
13 att is silly, either go 14 or stick to 10
You have way too much end for the weapons you use, which I assume are spears. I use 34 on most builds. Unless you want to spam your way into a setup parry
If that's the longspear offhanded, I'm pretty sure it only gets hyperarmor on WA and 2hr2. twinspears only on WA
3/10 what the fuck are you even trying to do
>>
>>186863869
>50vig ever
>13att when you get a second spell slot at 14
>not stopping at 34end or going 40
>stacking poise on a weapon that has poise only on weapon art
>60dex instead of 80
I'm sure you know where it belongs.
>>
>>186858304
What's wrong with my post? I've been playing the games since 1 came out, but I've only just now gotten around to playing 3 and BB.
>>
>>186863509
someone please help
>>
>>186864174
Be Pinhead Larry.
>>186864195
I don't WANT a second spell slot I just want a bit more FP
I actually didn't realize that 60-80 was a larger impact for dex than 40-60, what the fuck?
VIG was just stupididty becaue I had no idea where else to put it.
>>
>>186863509
>>186864318
Don't you need to assist Sirris in her battle against him for him to invade you?
>>
>>186864346
then get a simple infused offhand or attune more blue flasks
>>
>>186864153
>two
oh boi
>>
>>186864409
already did that.
I have talked to her at firelink too.
I haven't killed the area boss either
>>
>>186863509
Picking up the loot doesn't matter. As long
>you've killed him with Sirris
>Pontiff is alive
>you're online
He should invade
>>186864346
What does being Pinhead Larry entail beyond wearing the follower's helm?
>>
>>186864414
If you're saying that I have to fight her three times I'm never playing the game again
>>
>>186864461
You sure that you're in the right area?
>>
>>186864461
are you embered and online? NPCs won't invade otherwise
>>
>>186864475
>>you're online
what the hell?
Why?
>>
File: ss (2017-08-22 at 04.07.40).jpg (133KB, 640x544px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-08-22 at 04.07.40).jpg
133KB, 640x544px
>>186864412
But then I either need another point of VIT or to bring less heals, though 1 vs 3 is smartyer probably, fug.
>>186864475
Abject stupidity, mostly.
I need to shave another 5 points then send help.
>>
>>186864490
They're so cute when they have no idea what's coming to them.

>>186864530
Probably From thinking people playing Offline doesn't want invasions, period. Fuck if I know.
>>
>>186864513
yes

>>186864529
I'm embered but I can't go offline. There's no way to get his axe is there?
>>
>>186864606
Sadly not, you HAVE to be Embered AND Online to trigger invaders.
>>
>>186864530
I guess because people go offline to avoid invaders, we can't have hosts break a nail over a fucking npc 2 seconds from a bonfire now can we?
>>186864556
wear havel+3 and lower vit
>>
>>186864490
yes she has 3 phases
I had troubles with her too the first time, but for me it worked trying to stunlock her in the first phase. Her invisible attack has a sound before it comes.
In the 2nd phase I focused the big guy, when he charged at me I was mostly able to dodge it and he charges that far that Friede is far away then, thus dividing them.
>>
>>186864751
But I need that wolfring slot for untruedark/catring/obscuring switchery.
>>
>>186864751
NPCs are a part of the game. They're not PvPers
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>get parried by parry spammer
>quickly activate Cheat Engine
>parry does no damage
>He thinks that it's a bug or something and the fight goes on
>>
>>186864597
>Probably From thinking people playing Offline doesn't want invasions, period. Fuck if I know.
Nah, just a measure to fuck with pirates. You still get invaded by NPCs while playing offline from the settings.
They stop invading if you have no internet connection or Steam's in offline mode.
>>
>>186864597
>They're so cute when they have no idea what's coming to them.
Are there really three phases? Fuck. I wanted to get Smough's Armour and become a fatty anyway, so I'll just try to level up my character to get a bit of resiliency

>>186864769
Her attacks have really weird timings to them, so I find it really hard to dodge. I just found out that she can be backstabbed, so maybe that'll help. It helps that she's super easy to find and attack when she's invisible.

My biggest problem is running out of Flasks in the second phase, so maybe I should try to find a few more shards. I'm not enjoying the fight as much as others, but it's not really that bad.
>>
>>186864942
>>186864597
>>186864530
>>186864475

On the PS4 NPCs would invade me even when I didn't have my PS4 hooked into the internet.
>>
>>186864817
>They're not PvPers
Hence why they're healing bitches
>>
>>186864956
Second phase is seriously the easiest one.
Pay attention to the one being active, they complement each other and basically give each other a window of free air to recover, giving you enough time to react.

Whenever Friede heals, just rush her and hit a backstab.
Big guy charges at you? Most likely means Friede will stay back and you can get a few hits in for free.
Friede goes on the offensive? Means big guy most likely will sit back or attempt to spit fire at you, which can be easily avoided.

Her third phase though.. Prepare your buttcheeks.

>>186864942
I could see that actually being a valid reason, but it's such a small thing to remove that piraters probably don't even care. They can spawn the item anyways.
>>
>>186864848
i wouldnt be surprised if he dismissed it sometimes I visibly get hit and roll a moment later and I still survive. damn online videogames.
>>
>>186864808
>>
>>186865103
So I should hit both when I can? I was doing it like O&S, and only going after one of them.
>>
>>186864817
>missing the point
Invaders are part of the game too. They are there to enhance the pve. That has always been their role. DS3 dicksucks casuals in every chance it gets
>>186864808
Switch cloranthy instead. Or drop to 26 end
>>186864848
This has happened to me legitimately. I was backstabbed and got no damage while I could fight the guy normally
>>186865067
You can't pirate for ps4, can you?
>>
>>186865210
They share the same health bar, so it's more of a find out who to aim for in what situation fight.
>>
>>186865082
You can always tell a salty invader lmao.
>>
>>186865252
They do? I seriously didn't notice that. Thanks for the help.
>>
File: ss (2017-08-19 at 09.22.48).jpg (156KB, 802x442px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-08-19 at 09.22.48).jpg
156KB, 802x442px
>>186865176
You hate me don't you, but I'll do it, thanks anon.
>>186865241
Looks like I'm dropping Chlor!
>>
>>186865280
Why would an invader be butthurt about npc invaders healing? Why would an invader be butthurt about healing in general? A honorabru dueru fag maybe
>>186865453
Don't drop it, just switch it as necessary
>>
>>186865498
>why would an invader be butthurt about healing in general
Because they have much less flasks than the hosts do and they get aggravated when hosts roll away and sippy as punishing Estus is kinda difficult in DS3 compared to the other entries.
>>
>>186865613
Yeah, but it's an invasion, not a duel. People who expect hosts to abide by any set of rules in random invasions aren't invaders, they're idiots. If they want a duel they can slap down a red sign or better yet, fuck off to the arena
>>
How do you use halberds in DS3? It's my first time using a regular halberd and found that their thrust range is deceptively small. Kind of disappointed by it.
>>
>>186866643
You got some hyper armor and a nice 1hr2 swipe. Your thrust is also relatively fast
>>
>>186866741
halberd that hes talking about has no hyper armor though or am I missing something.
>>
>>186865613
invaders in DeS
>you invade with 50% (or even less since you're gonna have black character tendency), so better unzip that cling ring to have more hp
>but you also need foe's ring to deal damage, so you're out of ring slots already, whoops
>die to environment = lose a soul level
>get hit by banish miracle = get sent home and lose a soul level
>use the equivalent of black crystal = lose a fucking soul level
>host can hide behind 198 healing items that will heal him from 1% to 100% (not counting healing miracles with 99 spices)
>host can summon 2 friendly phantoms, while you're all alone
>second chance gives you 50% hp back
invaders in DS3
>you invade with 70% hp
>4 ring slots and one of them can give you 15 levels for defense penalty so small you will never notice
>dying only leaves the bloodstain in your world without other penalties
>host can't send you home without using CE
>host can only have 15 estus flasks (or some ashen to cast a heal once or twice) which can be disabled with charms
>host can summon 3 phantoms and get a blue to save him, but you can get other invader to help too
>Tears of Denial don't heal anything
really makes me think
>>
File: 1384896300672.jpg (5KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1384896300672.jpg
5KB, 128x128px
>The halberd 1hr2 in dark souls 2

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>186867071
This 2bh. Get good
>>
>>186867071
>>you invade with 70% hp
this alone is enough to get you ohko by a parry king
>>
>>186852004
he looks like a cuck
>>
>>186867342
Not like it works the other way around too, because you can oneshot phantoms with ease. Unless you know you're a shitter. Also 30/30 chaos dagger with hornet ring should be enough (or almost enough) to oneshot hosts too.
>>
>>186867886
I'm a shitter, post 30/30 chaos dagger build SL125 pls
>>
What weapon do I replace Vort's Hammer with?
I might or might not go full quality.
But I just want to two shot 99% of things.
>>
>>186868029
Ledo's GH.
>>
>>186868072
I will evetually when I get the DLC. But before that or would Vordt's be enough for the regular game?
>>
File: Call_me_battle_scythe.png (16KB, 189x277px) Image search: [Google]
Call_me_battle_scythe.png
16KB, 189x277px
Back again /dsg/. As usual I will take on uncommon weapons and comment on them, to make them sound either shitty or not so shitty, all to make some of you try it out.

Glaive (or Battle scythe)

-Early access
-Low dex requirement and good str scaling

This is a weapon that is hardly seen used yet is one of the better halberds. At 11 units, this thing will have 467 ar 1h at 50 str and 18 dex. At this stat, gundyrs will have 471 and blackknight at 429. Keep in mind that the glaive only requires 18 str and 11 dex to wield, vs black knight's 28/18 and gundy's 30/15, while doing almost identical damage.

While black knight and gundys always have higher AR if the build is a quality build, this also means that they require more stats investment. Considering that they have similar moveset and WA, i decided to compare these three.

The Glaive is as long if not slightly longer (correct me if im wrong) as the black knight halberd, and has the spin slash WA. This means that it's one of the few halberds best against groups of enemies. It is one of the heavier halberds as well, so keep that in mind.

Infusion wise it's similar to the regular halberd, though their use and moveset differ too much to be a direct comparison.

It's a strong contender in the glaives and halberd class, and is certainly as good as the black knight one esp for a str build.

8/10 they just cant decide what to call it

I'll be back in half to make responses if there are any requests; my first post was regarding the painting guardian sword about 7 or 8 threads back. If you have question about a certain weapon check the old threads first before asking. Just try to control+f the weapon names.
>>
>>186852004
what a loser
>>
So patches just dissapeared on my game and I checked why because I had no clue why. It says he will come back when I beat a boss, does that also include me helping others in coop?
>>
Holy shit guys. I just entered irithyll dungeon and something screamed really loudly.
My volume is really low but that was pretty loud. Loud enough to be unsettling
>>
>>186868172
make a post about how splitleaf is op

>>186868270
only in your world, always in your world
>>
http://www.darksouls.jp/info/info_170822_1.html
>>
>>186868280
welcome to the worst zone
>>
>>186868341
prisoners are falling out of their cages and pushing me down ledges
>>
>>186868326
Poise Casting is FINISHED
>>
>>186868172
Great Wooden Hammer
>>
File: SGy5WT3[1].png (2MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SGy5WT3[1].png
2MB, 1500x1000px
*teleports behind you*
>>
Why is my health so tiny? wtf happened?
What is irithyll dungeon doing?
>>
File: ss.jpg (227KB, 980x615px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
227KB, 980x615px
>>186867983
Any dark infused weapon as the main way of dealing damage.
Arbalest for bullying, Filianore's chime for free regen that persists after swapping to something else.
Dagger is currently bugged and chaos infusion deals a lot more damage than dark one when riposting/backstabbing (thanks memezaki).
Oh, and ToD because I had leftover points.
>>
>>186868594
Jailers drain your total hp when their lantern is red and you are in their line of sight. A lot of running attacks and jump attacks from bigger weapons makes jailer fall on their ass, which prevents them from draining your HP while you fight them. Black firebombs and greatbows work too.
>>
>>186868635
looks good to me, thanks
Futur shitter who misses all his parries and get destroyed incoming
>>
>>186868326
>Fixed a problem that can be invaded by players in battle by performing specific operations
>no mention of buffing unbuffable weapons
It will be hilarious if they keep the cancer in while removing the fun. As a novelty that is, I will hate them
>Change of name and description of magic "lethal mercury"
Pestilent. Don't know why
>>186868465
OSOI
>>
File: hammered.webm (2MB, 978x550px) Image search: [Google]
hammered.webm
2MB, 978x550px
>>186868420
it's good
>>
>>186868840
>>Fixed a problem that can be invaded by players in battle by performing specific operations
>>no mention of buffing unbuffable weapons

Aren't those tied together in the same glitch?
>>
>>186868738
okay but what is this huge worm thing on teh wall in one of the cells?
it's just looking at my with it's huge ugly baby head. I can't lock on to it. Is it an NPC?
>>
>>186868990
Yes because what causes it is different, if they address how the game treats the player instead of fixing the glitch at its root, they could very well leave it in. In either case, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtZdmgWU26g is dead
>>
>>186868304
Ok thanks

>>186868465
m- masaka
>>
File: edgeman3.png (3MB, 1677x944px) Image search: [Google]
edgeman3.png
3MB, 1677x944px
>>186869142
They are wretches. First one is harmless
>>
File: king_deedeedee.png (14KB, 188x271px) Image search: [Google]
king_deedeedee.png
14KB, 188x271px
>>186868304
I will in a while. Making GWH first
>>186868420
Great Wooden Hammer

-lightest of all GH
-Relatively low str requirement
-Good weight/damage ratio
-GH moveset (high poise damage, good WA)
-Spin bash WA good for group

It's actually not that shit, not since the infusion patch. At 50 str, the GWH will have 481 AR 2h, which is the lowest of all GH; it is however also the lightest at 6 units. Think of it as a pocket poise breaker/HA machine.

The GWH hammer is also the shortest of all GH, but since it is a GH hardly anything could trade it. Having such low weight also meant that the GWH has the least stamina consumption, which considering it's also got spin bash means that it excels at combo. The R1 could be followed with a L2 then a R1; players could also buff this weapon if so choose to.

This weapon is a pain in the ass to get; in fact, I never got it once. The reason why I know about it so much is because I had a buddy who started using it before it got patched. If you want one, better to beg for it.

9/10 get wood'd
>>
Why is sullyvan such a bigshot?
what did he do besides transform half the games knights into monsterous bosses?
>>
How come fire demons aren't weak to magic?
Magic reminds me of water. Since magic is water, it should damage fire creatures right?
>>
File: 1485344371207.jpg (319KB, 1809x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1485344371207.jpg
319KB, 1809x2048px
Would someone be willing to drop me a Chaos infused Dagger please? I really don't want to have to wait until I get the giant's coal...

Platform: PC
Where: High Wall
Pass: Dagger

Thanks.
>>
Why does mugenmonkey show me different Defense stats on the build than in game?
i'm 20 def less even though I have exactly the right build on
>>
File: ECY6h9Y[1].jpg (478KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
ECY6h9Y[1].jpg
478KB, 1250x1250px
>>186869830
>Deacons of the Deep bow to the Pontiff
>In contact with the Profaned Flame
>Possess psychic-like abilities
>Controlls Irythill with an iron but fair fist
>Own castles & banks globally
>Direct descendant of the ancient tree blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities in the Deep (Sullygrad will be be the first city)
>Owns 99% of the Way of the White churches on Earth
>Said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Izalithian monasteries & Anor Londo
>Ancient Izalithian scriptures tell of an angel who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with him
>Pontiff is in regular communication with the Deep, forwarding the word of Aldrich to the Way of the White. Who do you think set up the meeting between the Aldrich & Gwyndolin (First meeting between the two in over 1000 years) and arranged the Way of the White leaders first trip to the Deep in history
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with him.
>Pontiff is about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the First Flame to the end of the universe. We don’t know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he is a benevolent being.
>>
>>186870724
Post pics of both
>>
>>186870963
>And Anor Londo
>tfw Smough has 215+ IQ
>>
File: CyjvfupUcAACZP3.jpg (132KB, 677x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CyjvfupUcAACZP3.jpg
132KB, 677x1200px
So is Marcus playing DS1 next now that DS3 is done?
>>
What are the comfiest armour sets in Dork Soles?
>>
>>186871156
Are you making fun of fat people again?
>>
>>186870963
The only thing I know of that he did was give his rings to vordt, the beasts and the dancer using them as human weapons on foreign kingdoms.
And his name triggers me. I want to really wreck him hard.
>>
>play pure hexer
>reach Aava
>300 dmg with dark hail up front
Pls
>>
File: Its_not_a_GS.png (14KB, 102x150px) Image search: [Google]
Its_not_a_GS.png
14KB, 102x150px
>>186868304
Split Leaf Greatsword

-Halberd with the highest AR at 66str
-5 hit true combo that could end a scrub's life
-WA could deflect arrows and shit

There's not a whole lot to say about meta weapons, and this one garners its hate with proper reasons.

At 13.5 units, the splitleaf greatsword is almost the heaviest halberd, but it does have the highest potential damage as a str build. The splitleaf greatsword is infusable and buffable as well, meaning it's damage output is indisputably high. Having said that, it's an otherwise normal glaive-type except for its weapon art.

Windwheel allows a player to deflect projectiles during it's spin. It could also hit for damage, but it's probably better to use the follow up attacks R1 or R2.

For some odd reason FROM allowed this weapon to combo unlike other halberds. The R1 could follow up with THE ENTIRETY of the WA. R1, L2 and then R1/2 will result a little over 1000 damage on an average player. Typically this is a 1hko combo if the invader is already hurt or has low health. In addition, the WA has very good HA to out last all a lot of weapons.

Another factor is that the HA consumed very very small amount stamina while having such high damage potential, it almost seemed that FROM forgot to balance the weapon at some point.

There are ways still to counter the split leaf, but at this point the weapon is undoubtedly one of the best halberds in terms of damage, range, and versatility; perhaps and hopefully unintentionally so.
>>
>>186871880
Which game?
>>
>>186871930
Make a post about the falcion
>>
>play only DaS3 and sometimes DaS2 for fuck long time
>decide to go to a new NG with the first character I finished Dark Souls with

It's like coming home.
And still a beautiful game.
>>
File: 1499435479710.jpg (33KB, 599x376px) Image search: [Google]
1499435479710.jpg
33KB, 599x376px
Redpill me on Dark Souls 2 because I just got it and I'm expecting it to be shit
>>
>>186871519
Comfy female combo: brigand, maiden, maiden or court sorc, northern
>>186871768
He's also responsible for Gwyndolin's demise, Yorshka's imprisonment, controls the settlement, RoS and cathedral other than Irithyll, he's the only link between the profaned capital and the archives (so that the placement of gargoyles there makes sense) and could be the scholar that convinced Lothric to not link.
>>186871880
dlc enemies have retarded resistances. As a hexer, you should have access to decent pyromancies
>>186871949
How many games have Aava?
>>
>>186871949
>hexer
>Aava
>more than just like 5 fucking dark spells mate
Hmmmmm....
What game could it be....?
>>
>>186872072
Why are you asking for our opinion if you already decided it's going to be shit?
>>
>>186872112
>He's also responsible for Gwyndolin's demise, Yorshka's imprisonment, controls the settlement, RoS and cathedral other than Irithyll, he's the only link between the profaned capital and the archives (so that the placement of gargoyles there makes sense) and could be the scholar that convinced Lothric to not link.
How do you know
>>
Be honest with me /dsg/
Did you touch the demon inside her?
>>
>>186872317
Because of in game dialogue? Because I've seen the carts bringing food to Aldrich?
>>
File: r8Uptrt[1].jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
r8Uptrt[1].jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
>>186872445
>carts bringing *food* to Aldrich
kek
>>
File: mc donalds.png (631KB, 1706x1086px) Image search: [Google]
mc donalds.png
631KB, 1706x1086px
>>186872550
Being conscious doesn't make it any less food
>>
>be blue faggot because I want ears
>get called to invasions
>it takes 2 decades to actually get summoned after the first message appears
>invader always runs through the whole level so we'd have to fight him and mobs
>almost do complete regions with hosts while I just want to quickly kill invaders
>invaders often run away and blank out hiding behind mobs
Why is this so tedious?
>>
>>186871880
Load up on dark orbs and pretend your doing a +5 dagger run or something 300 damage per dark orb and you should get it in a few minutes, DLC bosses are unnukable so don't even try
>>
>>186870963
So basically he did everything bad that happened in ds3?
>>
File: Not_direct_upgrade_to_scimitar.png (3KB, 64x100px) Image search: [Google]
Not_direct_upgrade_to_scimitar.png
3KB, 64x100px
>>186872036
Falchion

-Good weight/damage ratio
-Highest AR across the board compare to other falchion class weapons (sabre, carthus CS, storm ruler)

Unlike in the previous dark souls, the falchion should not be considered as a direct upgrade to the scimitar, as now they have different attack speed and animation, WA and combo ability.

The falchion is yet another underrated weapon that actually excels other more popular variants like the CCS or FS in terms of damage. at 45 dex and 20 str 2h, the sharp falchion will yield 421 ar; CSS 393; FS 396 and Storm CS 362. In terms of infusion, it is the best in the falchion class damage-wise.

The falchion however is also the shortest of the falchion class curved swords; CCS, FS and SCS are all considerably longer and were favoured due to their ability to out space many weapons while being fast.

Still, it's high damage potential is something that should be looked out for.

8/10 still not as good as the scimitar lel
>>
File: enb21.jpg (82KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
enb21.jpg
82KB, 600x800px
>>186872376
>did you touch the demon inside her?
every time the kid is at our parents'

>>186872317
>>186872112
Yorshka confirms like 3 of those and Pontiff also has a statue dedicated to him at the High Wall
>>
>>186873131
Almost. He didn't cause what remained of oolacile to fall to the abyss or the propaned flame to scorch the capital.
>>186873174
I'm pretty sure it gets the heavy cs moveset on the offhand while retaining a parry, making it one of the better choices for dual wielders
>>
Is DaS 1 Online still alive?
Or is there no one to summon or PvP against in the forest? or Londo_
>>
>>186873459
as does other curved swords, if I'm correct. The parry is not very good but it might unlock some combos with a different main hand weapon.
>>
>>186871930
Now tell us how to counter it
>>
>>186871092
I'm using exactly this >>186868635
Somehow I have 139 def instead of 155
>>
>>186873678
You can counter it how you would with any halberds. Their strengths are 1. Range 2. Damage 3. Decent HA

1. Few weapons have longer range than halberds, but some spears and other halberds could be untilised here. As long as you're good at spacing, however, you could range yourself better against a poor SLGS player.

2. Use something with Perseverance like a GH or caesti. The key here again is to trade and winning it. Using a bigger weapon might work but be mindful that halberds are a lot faster than ultra weapons.

3. Don't trade with smaller weapons unless you know how much poise the other person has and where the HA frames are.

SLGS is consdered OP for that combo, meaning it's difficult to survive its onslaught if you make only 1 mistake. Honestly, if its R1 doesn't combo with another (or the WA) then it would be a considerably more balanced weapon.

My suggestion is if you dont know the weapon well use a mace and persevere through it, just in case your opponent is brain dead.
>>
>>186873174
the whip!
>>
>>186873567
It's alive but not well.
>>
>>186874353
>3. Don't trade with smaller weapons unless you know how much poise the other person has and where the HA frames are.
rolling/running r1 don't have HA, so there's that. you can also toss a firebomb to make them roll
>>
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF
You can use the Dark Souls 1 Randomizer mod on a cracked version of Dark Souls?
>>
File: bdsm_essential.png (6KB, 100x130px) Image search: [Google]
bdsm_essential.png
6KB, 100x130px
>>186874570
I've made one for the notched whip, but since i'm too lazy to find it back in the archived threads i'll just rewrite it. See if you can find the old one in 7 or 8 threads ago just in case I miss some points

Whip

-highest AR of all whips
-Unparriable attacks
-Longest range of all melee weapons (non projectile)
-WA shield pierce

The whips are a class of weapons that are the most unique in terms of being a melee weapon. Whips lack in damage and combo ability, but excel at wide arcs of attack and long range. The R1 never combos, and is very slow. The R2 is where it's at, able to either make wide range of attack or a singular, long range one (All R2 except for 1st 2h R2 is a long-ranged horizontal sweep). Rolling R1 is very fast and can be used to punish, and the WA is good for fending off enemies who get too close since it's a fast 3 hit attack.

The WA has a very long range and can go through walls as long as you're not too close to it. It can also go behind shields and slow stamina recovery. Frozen weapon could be put to good conjunction along with any of the buffable whips to further this effect.

The whips are very difficult to learn to use and even more so to master. There's very few combo ability and the user needs to learn which movesets are the best for mix up and the situation at hand. It's R1's have very singular path and it's usage should be carefully considered. Still, being a whip you cannot be punished by a riposte.

9/10 this is why indie uses it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP-HNNTzzMQ
>>
>>186875513
I actually like the whip for how you can use it to set off traps and break shit from a distance, makes navigating areas and avoiding traps easier.
>>
>>186875513
Winged Knight Twinaxes

Also props for being the only one keeping /dsg/ alive and remotely interesting
>>
>>186875513
>>186874570
Forgot to take off point for being shit in ganks due to slow attacks. While it can cover a big range it's really slow on both R1 and R2.

8/10 instead
>>
>A knight lv9 full set starts with 88 Physical Defense
>Mugenmonkey shows 93
????????
>>
>>186875513
WA also slows stamina regen speed, combine that with some frostbite and the enemy will be running at half stamina regen speed
>>
>>186875953

Use Souls Planner
>>
Is the follower sabre the best curved sword?
>>
>>186875953
At this point Mugenmonkey is only useful for determining equip load and stat distribution.
>Gives catalyst AR instead of SpellBuff
>George_Bush_why.mp3
>>
File: cant_throw_these.png (23KB, 242x217px) Image search: [Google]
cant_throw_these.png
23KB, 242x217px
>>186875865
>>186456557

See if this post link works, otherwise I'll just copy past
>>
>>186875513
Boss chink and his ganks
>>
>>186876310
Alright, uh...
How about the Ithryll Rapier?
>>
>>186876241
it's good for the range and WA R2 having HA. It's easy to use I guess. All of it's attacks are parriable though. Damage wise it's good but not the best.
>>
>>186876454
is it better than the scimitar?
>>
I've just become single for the first time in years. What's a good DaS1 build for this feel?
>>
>>186877316
Zweihandler as a reminder that you used to be two.
>>
File: does_not_shoot_ice.png (14KB, 188x280px) Image search: [Google]
does_not_shoot_ice.png
14KB, 188x280px
>>186876416
Irithy Rapier

-Just a little shorter than estoc if I'm correct
-!FROST!
-Thurst damage = counter
-Highest potential AR out of all rapiers with refined build
-WA has good range and pierce shield

Unlike the Irithyl SS, the Irithyl Rapier has the highest AR of all Rapiers on a refined build; at 40/40 the IR has 406 AR 2h, whereas the estoc 396 and crow quills 373 (sharp).

Being a bit shorter than the estoc, the IR is considered as a long rapier. Paired with the WA it has a very good spacing potential, and can give chase fairly well.

Frostbite goes hand in hand with the WA, making it an excellent choice to pressure turtles with some ingenuity.

Unfortunately as a rapier it handles team fight poorly, and it's attacks are all one-dimensional with no real mix up abilities. It also has a very low critical modifier so it is not an ideal riposte/backstab tool.

One of the distinctive combo (that trigged my dark souls 2 PTSD) was this weapon with a vordts hammer. !FROSTBITTEN! is quite the intimidating thing in an invasion esp in a gank situation.

8/10 bring your moss
>>
How is the PC port of Das3? I cannot buy a ps4 unfortunately
>>186877316
Go for good old memes
C-C-C-C-CHAOSHANDER GIANTDAD
>>
>>186877316
Become the ultimate Wizard.
Sorcerer all the way bby.
>>
>>186877447
Cleric's Candlestick?
>>
>>186876836
Not comparable since they dont have a lot of in common anyway. FS is a falchion class while scimitar is in the scimitar class: their R1 speed is different, and R2 have different animations.

>>>186457491
>>
>>186877447
carthus curved sword
>>
>>186877362
Nah, not that torn up about it. I'm just sort of directionless. After spending five years trying to make someone else happy, I'm lost as to how make myself happy.
>>186877448
Oh shit, maybe. I actually never have.
>>186877538
But I'm not a virgin so it'd feel like lying.
>>
>>186873659
Most get the light moveset iirc and block. The scar does that too, offhand it's heavy cs and pyro, while retaining the light 2h cs moveset. Because, you know. DLC weapon balance
>>
>>186877447
weapon which nothing can defend from
>>
>>186873771
Could you post your status screen too. I don't see here something that might be amiss, so you're probably missing something
>>
if I lived in Lordran I'd just set up a Poison Arrows store in Anor Londo. I bet you could sell them for like double.
>>
Anyone got Lucifer's pyro build picture with slutty fashion?
>>
File: The weak should fear the strong.jpg (132KB, 677x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The weak should fear the strong.jpg
132KB, 677x1200px
>no namebro stream today
I guess the sis is giving him an extra long "special massage" tonight.

Oh well, I can focus on playing some DS1 and 2 myself I guess.

>>186877448
DS3 is unoptimized as hell so don't take smooth 60 fps in Scholar that you can run it well. If you have a middling PC, playing DS3 is pure torture. Make sure your CPU is at minimum what's in the recommended specs.
>>
>>186877775

>>186560454
On a side note for a build with 60int it will doe close to 380~ damage, making it decent as a whack stick + long sword R1. Off handing it means you can smack and cast too so it's got its place in the mages arsenal.
>>
>>186878426
why would you want that?
>>
>>186878518
Asking for a friend.
>>
>>186878647
Tell your friend he has horrible taste
>>
>>186877859
Not much to talk about. Despite being nerfed it's still easily one of the easiest weapon to use along with the FS. Good range, decent damage and fast attacks. WA is unparriable but doesnt have combo options like lighter scimitars. Middle of pack for falchion class
>>
what's a good 60 faith weapon which doesn't require me to buff it? bident?

>>186878332
depends on your drops
>>
>>186878824
Bident is for heavy. Fth scaling on it is negligible really. What str/dex?
>>
>>186878952
is bident better raw if you have low dex and str?
>>
What wolnir a sandnigger?
>>
>>186878952
13/12 + 15 lvl to use
>>
Why can we romance Anri, but not Lothric?
>>
>>186879238
Wolnir is the dark souls impersonation of WE WUZ KANGZ
>>
>>186879351
he conquered every kingdom known to man okay
>>
>>186879330
That would be gay.
>>
>>186879093
Raw is shit for pretty much everything at this point, and you'd want to buff a weapon if you have a faith that high. If you don't mind infusing bident is really good for that since it's already got a fth scaling.

Yorshka's is a good choice too, but you need 18/14. I will make a post about that spear tomorrow.

I suggest checking out MUGEN monkey to see which weapons are best for you.
>>
File: 1499879281041.png (47KB, 407x444px) Image search: [Google]
1499879281041.png
47KB, 407x444px
Playing SOTFS for the first time. Why are the dragon dudes in Dragon Shrine bowing to me and not attacking?
>>
>>186879093
i meant to say in >>186879715 LIGHTNING infusion.
>>
>>186879810
They are servants of the ancient dragon or some shit.
>>
>>186879595
Anri can be male
>>186879330
>implying your dagger can compete with Lorian's Ultra Greatsword
>>
>>186879810
They want you to honorabry dueru the drakekeepers
>>
File: 61929442_p22_master1200.jpg (363KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61929442_p22_master1200.jpg
363KB, 1200x1200px
This is Orbeck, a sorcerer of Vinheim. Say something to him.
>>
>>186879810
hit the ancient dragon after you get his ashen heart and see their reactions
>>
>>186878476
Would it be so horrible to limit enbposting to the days when he actually streams? I watch the dude and all but you are laser focused on jerking off about him and his sister and it makes me think not everything is alright with you.

>>186879330
Gays btfo
>>
>>186877447
Zweihander
>>
File: fancypants.png (3MB, 1676x942px) Image search: [Google]
fancypants.png
3MB, 1676x942px
>>186880195
I stole his fashion
>tfw no stealth mage assassin game with Orbeck as the main character
>>
File: DARK SOULS III.jpg (316KB, 1564x791px) Image search: [Google]
DARK SOULS III.jpg
316KB, 1564x791px
>>186878290
Here you go.
Just noticed that it seems >>186868635 has somehow 5 extra points (the one I didn't put in end)
>>
>>186880195
"whatup faget yeah I didn't bring you a scroll because you're a bitch watchu gonna do about it pussy? gonna run away to the library and CRY? Hahahaha sorcery is gay you fuckin NERD"
>>
>>186879979
I'd kill Lorian and them romance Lothric. I don't have a dagger, I have a Greathammer!

>>186880425
>Anri can be male
>>
File: 61929442_p6_master1200.jpg (337KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61929442_p6_master1200.jpg
337KB, 848x1200px
>>186880531
D-don't bully him anon!
>>
File: 1445539976318.jpg (41KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1445539976318.jpg
41KB, 500x490px
How many NGs do I have to run if I want to upgrade all my weapons to max?
>>
>>186880448
>tfw every mage in the game goes batshit insane because of greed
At least Rickert's all right.
>>
>Sorceries aren't allowed to do jack-shit damage
>Forced to sacrifice Estus flasks for some shitty mana system which clearly sucked ass in DeS
>Generic melee builds can do a whooping full health-bar (roughly 1k) in a Riposte

So.. What the fuck were From's argument to sorceries got BTFO'd?
>>
>>186880524
That's you equipment, not the status screen. And you can clearly see different stats. Also, the amount of stats differs, the mugen one's is 130 worth of stats
>>
>>186880794
You can get 15 Slabs from each full playthrough and DLC
>>
why does the silver knight stare the painting of gwynevere?
>>
>>186881149
Wouldn't you?
>>
File: 1430290265679.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1430290265679.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>186880728
>>186880195
>>186879979
Why are there so many faggots in these threads?

What is it about Souls games that attracts queers and crossdressers like OnlyCuckfro?

Go be gay somewhere else.
>>
>>186881149
fukken hueg anime tiddies tf u think?
>>
>>186880728
Only if you're female.
>>
>>186881273
many people have gender dysphoria and play as female (male) so mind your words
>>
File: lmao.png (1KB, 724x23px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
1KB, 724x23px
>>186880794
>>186881007
Rickert is a magical blacksmith voluntarily locked in a cell in ghosttown. He's neither a mage nor all right
>>186881238
OH MY GOD, ANON, IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR, YOU CAN'T BE CALLING PEOPLE FA**OTS
>current year
>no acceptance
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>186881008
crystal magic weapon does more damage than dex/str melee babies
>>
>>186881238
uuum sweety, it's 2017

>>186881273
Only faggots play as female.
>>
>>186881008
>anything that was OP in any previous game is nerfed to the ground in the sequels
>unique spells of a school of magic is trivialized or lose purpose by adding an equivalent consumable
a chaos dagger can 1k riposte too
>>
>no mention of fixing poise casting and just removing boss invasions, the one fun part of it
>changing Pestilent Mercury's description for some reason when it doesn't matter at all
>no weapon/spell balance changes despite the few remaining people who play this all agreeing things like Splitleaf/Lothric Knight Sword should be nerfed

THREE MONTHS FOR THIS PATCH
>>
>>186881505
I just don't get the point, be good at sorceries doesn't matter in PvP due to its low as fuck damage and insane sacrifices.
Meanwhile some faggot who just fish for 1 parry can deal 1k damage in one riposte?

Nah, this is just dogshit balance.

>>186881557
>Bandai Namco
>From Software
We were warned though, not even sure what we expected.
>>
>>186880794
>15 slabs per playthrough
>193 weapons excluding catalysts and shields
>13x15=195

13 playthroughs for slabs and then you farm the other materials on the first game cycle (ng), since it would be faster.
>>
>>186881557
The game is over a year old. Just be grateful that they even take the time to patch it at all.
>>
File: 61929442_p10_master1200.jpg (494KB, 933x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61929442_p10_master1200.jpg
494KB, 933x1200px
>>186881238
This is easily one of the least gay generals on /vg/, anon. I have seen straight up gay sex roleplay and mutual masturbation in other generals.
>>
>>186881557
do you RIKE IT?
>>
File: 20170822172512_1.jpg (883KB, 2715x1527px) Image search: [Google]
20170822172512_1.jpg
883KB, 2715x1527px
Sir Lance Alot reporting.
Reached Drangleic Castle after killing all four Old Ones. Thrust damage is good all around and Grand Lance's critical damage is impressive.
How's this build looking? Not sure if I should level Vigor or Faith for better miracles. Currently have Heal and Magic Barrier.
>>
>>186881693
Yes, I'm so grateful for a patch that reportedly does nothing aside from fixing one of the few fun things to do in invasions and changing the description of a single spell with no gameplay effect at all.
>>
>>186881681
>you farm the other materials on the first game cycle
Or just buy them with ashes. NG+ scales the poppable soul loot as well as soul drops
>>
File: DARK SOULS III2.jpg (125KB, 1000x377px) Image search: [Google]
DARK SOULS III2.jpg
125KB, 1000x377px
>>186881030
sorry my bad.
Here is the status. I thought he was 125 since it's written 125 on the screen hm.
Even so, I don't think that 5 more End can give 16 def
>>
>>186881405
>>186881497
I get that people are gay and like cocks. I'm fine with that, but do you really have to spam this shit in every thread?

Shit like that is the reason people throw fags off rooftops.
>>
File: why.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
why.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>186881926
Also, what's wrong with people like this (host)?
Why even play the game? It's not even a difficult boss.
>>
File: 1499819778256.jpg (29KB, 258x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499819778256.jpg
29KB, 258x360px
>>186881497
>Only faggots play as female.
k
>>
>>186881557
>poise casting
>>186882240
The enb stalker is worse desu. I don't remember any gay shit in recent threads
>>186882486
Dark Souls is hard, okay?
>>
>>186882495
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charlize-veritas/transgender-people-video-games_b_9205330.html
>>
>>186881640
i agree they should allow a parried person to parry the riposte
>>
>>186882495
t. faggot
>>
>>186882720
>fuck up
>get parried
>oh shiiii- jk just parry the parry lol

Dumb idea desu.
>>
Holy shit how do I kill sullyvahn
>>
>>186883476
git gud or gank
>>
File: teleportsbehindu.gif (992KB, 297x168px) Image search: [Google]
teleportsbehindu.gif
992KB, 297x168px
>>186882720
>replace *teleports behind u* with *parries u*
>>
>>186883397
that's how fencing works.
parrying only means stopping an attack. It doesn't mean you get stunned and rekt. Only in dark souls not real life
>>
>>186882720
Parries in general are just dumb.
>>
>>186883476
Learn to time your parries.
Second phase actually isn't really that hard, just pay attention to what the Soul does, he'll do the exact same shit with a delay.

>>186883397
Not him, but there should be a change to this 1k damage riposte shit, there's absolutely no skill in it.
Sadly 2-handing anything other than greatweapon and up is pointless in PvP, since you can still get parried.
>>
File: pestilent-mercury-dish.jpg (37KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
pestilent-mercury-dish.jpg
37KB, 512x512px
>Pestilent Mercury
Highly dangerous sorcery employed by Dragon School spooks. Only taught to trusted members.
Releases mercury that eats away at HP. Beware, as the caster is not immune to its effect.
A body caught in the silent mercury cloud lies still, while the face twists in a tortured scream. The names of these learned sorcerers became feared for this gruesome spectacle.

make your predictions
Pestilent Mercury to Lingering Mercury and the phrase "A body caught in the silent mercury cloud lies still" is removed/reworked
>>
>>186851908
>lothric knights
Get rapport and easily kill winged knights for an ez 13k souls each, 39k souls in a run that takes like a minute.
>>
File: 20170503095153_1.jpg (307KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170503095153_1.jpg
307KB, 1360x768px
>>186881926
I did a similar run as you and I'm very curious about how you're going to deal with Fume Knight.
It was a run stopper for me.
>>
>>186883864
>inb4 it's a foreshadowing for Dark Souls 4
Get hype?
>>
>>186883476
Sit down or curl up
Literally

youtube.com/watch?v=uwlYcNp4ARU
>>
>>186883603
You don't need to be expert in fencing to realise that Dark Souls PvP bears little resemblance to real sword fighting.

It's designed to be fun to play and look cool not to be realistic.

>>186883636
Everyone that complains about parries is just shit at parrying.

Parries are an integral part of Souls PvP. They keep dumb button mashers in check.

If you got parried, chances are that you did something predicatable and got punished for it.
>>
Holy shit sullyvan killed my NPC and then focused me
>>
>>186883682
How about not using predictable and parriable attacks when your opponent has a parrying tool out. Is that so hard?

You can also backstab a whiffed parry.

Some people really need a healthy dose of git gud.
>>
>>186884168
I think you missed the point of the discussion in general.
>>
>>186883864
>"A body caught in the silent mercury cloud lies still" is removed/reworked
That's what I imagined too, since it has no effect on movement, although it could be interpreted as an indicator that it doesn't draw aggro, which is true
>>
File: 1500924319946.png (97KB, 467x496px) Image search: [Google]
1500924319946.png
97KB, 467x496px
>>186884015
holy shit
>>
>>186884278
What point did I miss?
>>
>>186883682
Parry champions are hilarious to fight. 90% of people who unzip a smallshield don't have the slightest fucking clue how to parry and rely on getting lucky with a predictive parry, which gets them backstabbed and raped a lot more often than it works.

When the parry tool comes out, you just play slightly more carefully until you work out if they're a parry champion or an actually good player.
>>
>>186884015
Holy shit
>>
>>186882720
>A attacks
>B parries and goes for the riposte
>A parries B's riposte and tries to riposte B
>B parries A's riposte and tries to riposte A
>>
>>186884408
It was a balance discussion.

Sorceries are forced into insane sacrifice and do fuck-all damage.
Meanwhile a lucky parry into riposte can pretty much do 1k damage.

There's no real balance here, especially since parrying in DaS3 is stupid easy.
>>
>>186884532
>>186884376
Somewhat relevant but Curl up is god-like for Invasions.
People will just walk inches past you and not see you, its literally Metal Souls Solid
>>
>>186884636
someone will mess up eventually
>>
>>186884636
basically DaS1 BS
>>
File: 20170822163457_1.jpg (771KB, 2715x1527px) Image search: [Google]
20170822163457_1.jpg
771KB, 2715x1527px
>>186883934
I have a few ideas, but I don't know how effective they'll be until I face him.
I'll post a webm of it, maybe even stream it if anyone else is interested.
>>
>>186884141
Was the NPC Sirris? If yes, don't summon her. Infact I wouldn't summon NPCs at all.
>>
>>186884659
>parrying in DaS3 is stupid easy
It's not though.

It's easy to parry a bad player since they're predictable but you will rarely see good players going for parries since they know how to play around parry tools and punish whiffs. High risk, high reward.

Sorcery is honestly not bad in PvP. It's just boring as hell to play IMO. Also, sorceries can't be parried (except for Flashsword?) so there's that.
>>
File: 20170822093620_1.jpg (313KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170822093620_1.jpg
313KB, 1360x768px
>>186884890
btw I'm stealing ur build

This is what I am currently so i'm going to see how this goes for me.

I can say that you're going to want a shield that is strong against magic attacks
>>
>>186884659
>Balance
>Dark Souls
pick one.
Balance is half the discussion behind every general nowadays, and the game still has no semblence of balance. None of the games in the series do actually. It's almost as if FromSoft can't balance games and never will be able to.
Quit bitching about magic being shit already, it was god tier in DaS1 and 2 it's about time it didn't outclass every other playstyle.
>>
>>186883603
I mean, besides the point that Dark Souls combat barely resembles actual fecht, or fencing, or any other form of real life combat beyond that of the superficial, your argument is still bullshit because you don't understand what a parry is.

A parry is very specifically deflecting an attack in such a way to place yourself in a position to countermove, and the countermove is literally called a riposte. Dark Souls has the lingo absolutely correct in this regard.
>>
>>186885028
Farron Greatsword can be parried aswell, which is stupid easy to parry even.

>>186885115
All I ask for is ripostes not dealing 80% of a healthbar, it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>186885028
Sorcery in pvp is only good in a gank scenario, generally. You can do some things in a 1v1, like Heysel R1 > Soul Greatsword true combo, or Homing Soulmass for pressure, or Farron Dart to punish whiffs, but you will literally never land a heavy nuke, which is what most people expect when they play a sorcerer.
>>
Okay I just killed sullyvan but it was like dragonballz. I threw a chaos fireball and he threw his purple ball and we both got hit at the same time and died lmao
>>
File: 1485999136350.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485999136350.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>186885208
>highest risk/reward strategy
>waaaaahh the reward is too high
fuck off you aren't even trying anymore.
>>
>>186885208
Farron Greatsword can be parried because it's R1 attacks count as a 1H ultra weapon, since it's a dual weapon.

The L1 is also stupid easy to parry, but you don't really need to because it's also stupid easy to just bat people into the ground mid-breakdance.
>>
>>186885310
I just wish casting speed wasn't so fucking slow on literally most of the decent spells.
Fuckers can sprint towards me before I cast, what's the fucking point.
Most spells don't even have amazing range to make long-ranged snipes worth it, but a greatbow can knock people off ledges and be fair.

I just.. Why does From hate magic?

>>186885394
>Parries in DaS3
>Highest risk
Holy fuck you're retarded.
>>
>>186885365
Pontiff Sullivan is my favourite fight in any Souls game. It's intense, but fair, and the way his Stand seems to ramp up the difficulty while secretly making it easier (in how it telegraphs his moves) is such a neat twist.

I think the best boss battles in these games all have things that seem to make them harder while actually being the trick to beating them. Ornstein & Smough for instance, how they both used mid-range weapons that actually made them vulnerable to close-range attacking.
>>
>>186884636
Now that I think of it, somewhat sounds like those fights from the kung fu movies where the two fighters keep deflecting and attempting to counterattack. Mite b kewl
>>186884665
It's always first slot when 'vading
>>
>>186885510
Soul Stream one shotting people at Greatbow Range was kind a bullshit, even if it was amazingly fun.

They should have made the damage fall off rather than killing the range desu.

From hates magic because it's not melee combat and is thus very difficult to balance with melee combat in a way that isn't tedious or frustrating. Have you ever tried to fight a competent sorcerer? They just sprint away and cast Homing Soulmass over and over while plinking at you with Farron Darts. It's cancer. If sorcery was stronger or faster, it would just encourage this strategy.
>>
>>186884636
it looks pretty cool to watch you know
>>
>>186885310
>Sorcery in pvp is only good in a gank scenario
Not true at all.

Sorcery is extremely effective in 1v1 duels. Obviously you're not going to be one shotting people with CSS. That's not how you play a Sorcerer in duels.

Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDaPLoaokI

A sorcerer came second in that tournament. I've also been extremely successful with my Sorc build in the arena. It's just boring as fuck to play since it consists mainly of casting HSM repeatedly while rolling away from your opponent and waiting for them to make a mistake.
>>
File: 1489643656115.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1489643656115.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>>186885510
>Timing a parry
>possibility of missing timing, mispredicting opponents move, not properly accounting for lag
>Every other strategy
>Press R1
I'm sorry, who's retarded?
Give me a strategy with legitimately higher risk, I'll wait.
>>
So kektralife makes guides on each boss for each playstyle.
Melee, sorcery, and pyromancy.
Why not miracles? Why isn't there a guide to use miracles to beat every boss?
>>
File: 120578a.jpg (228KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
120578a.jpg
228KB, 700x700px
>>186884665
What's some good fashion for hiding?
>>
Lothric Twin Princes : Was it incest y/n?
>>
>>186885857
I just wish I could use more than a few spells in PvP, and actually y'know.. Do damage..

>>186885971
The idiots think miracles are purely there for heals and buffs.
>>
>>186885913
He's just salty because he did some dumb predictable shit like a rolling R1 and got hornet riposted and now he wants FROM to remove parries from the game.

Don't bother arguing with these idiots.
>>
>>186885971
>Why isn't there a guide to use miracles to beat every boss?

Throw lightning at it until it dies. Use Great Magic Barrier when applicable.
>>
>>186885971
The miracle guide for every boss is using Gnaw/Dorhys' Gnawing until they die unless they're resistant to bleed.
>>
>>186885979
Depends on your environment
but thanks to DS3 being so grey and washed out anyway, Fallen Knight Set is really good in a lot of places.
>>
>>186885979
white branch/chameleon
>>
>>186885857
That's literally what I said though
>>
>>186886056
You can.

You can actually catch quite a few people with CSS since they get frustrated with your zoning tactics and rush at you thinking you're casting another HSM.

But honestly it's a boring playstyle like I said. 90% of the fight you're running away from your opponent unlocked and recasting HSM.
>>
>>186885979
Full Lothric Knight Set while in parts of the Castle/High Wall
Use rest gesture near the other empty sets of armor
>>
If I use seek guidance I don't have to use an ember?
>>
>>186885979
Fallen Knight set in Carthus, Smouldering Lake, and a couple of other areas.

Curl up next to a wall and you basically become invisible.
>>
>>186886297
But.. Can I deal noticeable damage without:
- Dumping fuckton into int
- Sacrifice ring slots
- Have a fucking long cast time that punish me harder than a parry-fisher

I still find magic to be absolute garbage in DaS3, the only way you win is your opponent getting tilted by a Hit 'n Run fight, which doesn't really qualify.
>>
>>186886353
I think it just reveals the summon signs
>>
>>186886539
No. You need 60 INT and 3 ring slots. Just as a pyro needs 40/40 and 3 ring slots as well.

Magic is definitely not garbage. It's top tier. It can compete at the highest levels of play as demonstrated. Maybe the playstyle just doesn't suit you which is fine. It doesn't suit me either.

The only fun thing about sorcery for me was roll catching with Soul GS. I much prefer pyromancy.
>>
>>186886242
Have you ever used chameleon? You always stand out from the environment, probably because of the augur of- I mean internal lighting
>>
>want to make a Darkmoon related build
>Darkmoon bow is trash
>Darkmoon spear/catalyst is trash
>Sunless talisman, the closest thing to the Darkmoon talisman, is for hex builds, which clashes thematically speaking
>all that's left is Darkmoon Blade spell

Really wish From would have created 2 or 3 new sissy moonlight miracles for this game. Oh well.
>>
>>186885971
>Are they weak to bleed?
Use Dorthy's Gnawing

>Are they weak to lightning?
Throw lightning spears or poisecasted lightning stake

>Everyone Else
It's the normal melee strategy but with tank healing and blessed or lightning infusion.
>>
>>186887318
There weren't that many to begin with in DaS1. Just DMB, the talisman, two armor sets and a bow.

I'm more pissed that they didn't find a way to work in the DaS2 Blue Sentinels. They add in so much shit from the first two games, and forget Targray's set and halberd?
>>
>>186885971
If you mean a start-to-finish miracle-only playthrough, it's not really possible. You get your first damaging miracle in the farron keep (technically dead again is earlier, but it's not very useful if nothing has died once in the first place to killed again) and that does trash damage, to the point where you MIGHT be able to kill the sage with it if you allocate your everything to fai and only have blue flasks. Then later you can get gnaw from Irina (which will lock you out of a couple of miracles, admitedly nothing you need). With that you should be able to kill most fleshy enemies and at that point you can use spells to heal outside of battle even if you're full blue estus. If you got the dark hand earlier, this will continue to be superior for a bit. Your best bet at that point is to kill the dancer with gnaw (oceiros and gundyr too if possible, it'd help a bit) and farm sunlight medals until 30 for GLS. Then it's pretty straightforward and can play like a weird kind of caster. Some shit would even be easier than otherwise, Yhorm should need 2-3 GLS to the face to stagger then stake to the neck, Aldritch is weak to both lightning and bleed as are the homos. Some lightning for the wyvern's face then some bleed for NK's manhole.
DSA will be your mountain, but if you have the dlc you can just spam coronas at him. If you can spare the slots, there are a few openings to cast WoG but it shouldn't replace corona or some buffs.
>>186887556
What does >Everyone Else include, other than DSA. The sandworm?
>>
>>186888378
>hen later you can get gnaw from Irina (which will lock you out of a couple of miracles, admitedly nothing you need)

You don't get locked out of any miracles with Irina unless you buy every dark miracle from her before buying others, so just don't buy useless ones like Deep Protection or Dead Again and you're good.
>>
>>186884890
>I have a few ideas, but I don't know how effective they'll be until I face him.
What are these ideas because they might be able to help me. I've gone to back to try again but Fume Knight is still a huge block for me.

The entire run so far has been pretty smooth and even easy but the Fume Knight is the big exception.
>>
File: 1503332575713.jpg (23KB, 201x199px) Image search: [Google]
1503332575713.jpg
23KB, 201x199px
>tfw you lose around 35,000 souls because you fell off trying to remove all of the fucking dumbass statues that spit globs of fucking high-velocity snot in Black Gulch
God fucking damnit I utterly loathe this place.
Why couldn't the fucking Rotten pick a better hobby than fucking statue making?
His statues look like shit, anyway.
Argh.
>>
>>186889154
>His status look like shit, anyways
Tell that to his face then.
>>
>>186889154
why aren't you wearing the ring of life protection
>>
Is less than 30% worth it for DS3 if I'm going pure caster?
I can't see it really being that much of a benefit in PVP or PVE
>>
File: 1444328481256.jpg (363KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1444328481256.jpg
363KB, 1024x768px
>>186889154
path to lud and zallen
path to blue smelter demon

Those places gave me PTSD
>>
>>186889154
>walking around with loose souls
It's about the one thing you don't do in DaS2, since Agape Ring allows you to control exactly when you increase your soul intake. 35k souls isn't all that much anyways in the long run, even with SM, since you'll hit the 4M range or thereabouts by getting to SL200.
>>
>>186889564
only if you rely on ranged spells and even then idk because casting isn't exactly as quick as r1 and roll out
>>
>>186888378
>DSA
what is that
>>
File: 1501688410209.png (715KB, 679x576px) Image search: [Google]
1501688410209.png
715KB, 679x576px
>>186889536
Mine's broken.
I planned on fixing it but I figured the Rotten wouldn't take much time to beat, so I could add his souls to mine easily.

I got greedy.

>>186889620
I was around like 500,000 SM at level 77 actually.
>>
>>186888378
>Weak to bleed = Dorthy's Gnawing
Demon King, Dancer, Crystal Sage, Friede, Demon Princes

>Weak to lightning = Lightning Spear
Nameless King (First Phase), Crystal Sage, Pontiff, Ocieros, Aldrich, Dancer, Champ, Prince Lorian, Soul of Cinder, Friede, Gravetender, Greatwolf, Halflight, Midir

>Weak to dark (and past ithryll dungeon) = Dark Blade Melee
Nameless King (Second Phase), Friede

>Everyone else = Normal/Lightning Melee
Vordt, Abyss Watchers, Deacons, Dragonslayer Armor, Prince Lothric, Gael

It should also be noted I'm not counting Greatwood, Wolnier, Yhorm, Iudex, or Wyvern since those are just gimmick bosses and have the same strategy no matter what build you use, but you technically can kill Wyvern and Yhorm using lightning only if you aim for their heads.
>>
>>186889998
soul memory tiers at that level are 100k, so all you did was move ~1/3rd of a tier up. Not enough to actually change your matchmaking at all, and once you get to higher SM it won't even matter anymore.

The only thing that really contributes to SM past the shrine of winter is all the Souls you spend on leveling up, since they are the most expensive things. Once you hit 1M soul memory, you can spend and waste a ton (200,000 souls) before you actually end up in a new matchmaking pool, and at meta levels you can waste even more (500,000)
>>
File: 1473869603185.jpg (130KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1473869603185.jpg
130KB, 640x1136px
>>186884015
>>
>>186890460
'aight.
It's just that I always play conservatively, so by the time I reach the midpoint of the game, I'm occasionally a few tiers behind, leading to me not getting as many matchups, so I was worried that maybe my soul memory was too high/low.
>>
If I want to cast miracles as a pyro, what do I use?
I prioritize damage per cast. I don't want end game items. I just beat sullyvan but also champion gundyr
>>
>>186890894
Lightning Stake, Gnaw/Dorhys' Gnawing, those are the only ones that will be worth it. Ideally you should just use healing miracles if you want to use any at all, offensive pyros will do better on your scaling anyway in terms of DPS.
>>
File: 20170819223746_1.jpg (501KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170819223746_1.jpg
501KB, 1920x1080px
>>186889024
Dark Gyrm Greatshield, Dark Quartz Ring, Magic Barrier come up to my mind.
You're a bit underleveled for him, by the way. Also, don't underestimate the improvement from upgrading your armor and shield.
>>
File: Spellbuff+1.png (455KB, 1437x3561px) Image search: [Google]
Spellbuff+1.png
455KB, 1437x3561px
>>186890894
probably canvas. but pvping with miracles as a pyro isn't a good idea
>>
>>186890894
Use the White Hair Talisman.
It's not as powerful as a normal talisman, but it's decent enough.

Just remember to grab a greatshield and hug the walls.
>>
File: 1491963429178.jpg (19KB, 262x274px) Image search: [Google]
1491963429178.jpg
19KB, 262x274px
Just came here to laugh at you retards and your new "patch".
>>
>>186891434
Wait, what patch?
>>
>>186891651
http://www.darksouls.jp/info/info_170822_1.html
>>
>>186890683
the only time I've ever noticed not being able to get matchups was early game summoning and late game invading. It's easy to slot yourself outside of any of the boss battles before lost sinner by collecting too many souls, and it's also really easy to get outside of invasion range by going too far past 1m souls and losing access to drangleic castle invasion.

But the DLC is pretty much always active for summons and invasions, as long as you're under 5m, ideally 2.5m soul memory. 5m is a good point to wear agape ring all the time, 9m is where you need to wear it constantly. 12m and above is only SL800 players.
>>
>>186891694
>Pestilent Mercury name change
Why?

>Boss invasion fixed
Eh, never experienced it.
>>
>>186859783
>>pyromancy garbage
Floating chaos is almost a guaranteed hit in arenas without cover,though.
>>
>>186891776
>and it's also really easy to get outside of invasion range by going too far past 1m souls and losing access to drangleic castle invasion.
This amount of wrongness annoyed me so much I booted up my game, took my SM 17 mil NG+3 character and instantly got an invasion at the kings gate bonfire, just to prove to myself that people on the internet are sometimes full of a lot of shit.
>>
>>186850704
I don't play on paper I play on PC
>>
>>186888710
You only need to buy one dark to fuck her up, you have to buy every non-dark for the good ending
>>186889974
Dragonslayer Armor
>>186890127
The homos are weak to lightning, Gael is fucking resistant to everything so lightning is as close to a weakness to him as it can get.
>Yhorm... or Wyvern...are just gimmick bosses
That doesn't mean you don't make strategies for them.
>>186890894
Crystal chime if you don't care about poisecasting. Canvas if you do
>>
Reminder that a Fire-infused Whip is extremely useful to have in DS2.
Seriously, it's really fucking handy.
>>
>>186892553
invasions over 12m soul memory are easy to get but they're not fun because you're only going against dedicated pvp builds at that point, or players at NG+8.

There's a difference between getting 1 invasion every 4 hours, only against a gank squad or someone who is prepared for it, getting instant invasions against lone hosts playing the game for the first or second time.
>>
>>186892752
>You only need to buy one dark to fuck her up, you have to buy every non-dark for the good ending

Getting the good or bad ending doesn't matter at all for getting all miracles for Irina, you just have to not buy every dark miracle from her. Buying just one means you need to kill Eygon and lock in her bad ending but until you buy every dark miracle she won't die and you can still give her the Lothric Tome until that point.

Also getting her good or bad ending literally means nothing in terms of player rewards so practically speaking it's a pointless distinction.
>>
>>186892927
>meticulously give Irina the holy tomes and never the dark tomes
>rewarded with a shittier fire keeper in a worse location
why?? what's even the point?
>>
>>186892889
For some reason I doubt the 2-3 player squads I run into are dedicated PvP builds and none of them are max level either because I can see the amount of souls I get per kill.
This may shock you but dedicated PvPers tend to stick to the arena or the bridge, you can find plenty of PvE dudes chilling about in NG+ and higher, levels hardly matter past 250 anyway
>>
>>186892752
>missing the entire point of the post
Only prince lorian is weak to lightning, lothric is not, he takes normal damage. Gael is resistant to everything which is why I listed him as normal melee. Why are you being contrarian about things I already said?

>That doesn't mean you don't make strategies for them.
Read the fucking post. It means you don't need to change your damage type for them, because the easiest way to beat them is to do the gimmick. I even said that Yhorm and Wyvern are weak to lightning, but that weakness isn't enough to make that the "best" strategy to use against them.

And if you aren't using the best strategy, why do you care about type weaknesses anyway? Poster was asking about what to use as a faith build to cheese bosses, that list is what you use.
>>
>>186893073
your blind cripple power fantasy waifu doesn't die
>>
>>186893073
Most likely another Memezaki moment, where there's missing a fuckton and they release it anyways.

Daily reminder that Priscilla was supposed to be so much more, but they just gutted it for whatever reason.

There's so much shit missing in all the different games, and they just pretend it never happened.
>>
>>186892927
Right, I got a bit mixed up. Well then, that's one thing off the "proof miya hates clerics" list
>>186893073
>talk to firefu right after you warp
>or
>wait through another "loading screen" to talk to Irina
>>186893182
>It means you don't need to change your damage type for them
You might need to if you don't want to do the dev-endorsed cheese
>>
>>186893392
they want you to come up with your own reasons for saving her, so it's deliberately ambiguous. Just like how you have no in-universe reason to get covenant items unless you decide your character really fuckin loves spider ladies or something.
>>
>>186893545
>You might need to if you don't want to do the dev-endorsed cheese
That's why I literally said that in that post you knob

repeating exactly what someone said but pretending you're arguing with them is the dumbest shit

>Blue and Yellow combine to make green
>NU-UH, ACKCHUALLY GREEN IS MADE BY COMBINING BLUE AND YELLOW!
>>
What's the recommended SL and upgrade level to invade AoA? 80 +10?
>>
>>186893569
>Quelaag was supposed to be the leader of the covenant
>Priscilla had so many unused animation
>Same goes for Gwynevere
It hurts.
>>
>>186893927
>tfw no Restoration mod for DS similar to KotOR 2's content restoration mod
Truly this is the worst timeline.
>>
>>186887318

>no dark moon crown

I hate crown of dusk so much
>>
>>186894069
Why must you make me feel this way?
>>
>>186893927
Basically whenever they run out of time or budget, they turn anything unfinished into an immersive/role playing thing.
>>
>>186894281
So, every single time?
>You were supposed to go into Gwyndolin's chamber and talk with him near his table
I'm sort of glad they scraped that.
>>
>>186893713
Not wanting to just skip the fight or enjoying any degree of fight doesn't mean you want le ebin broken broken straight sword run.
>if I say something stupid and imply it's analogous to his statement, I will make him look stupid, THE PERFECT PLAN
>>
>>186894142
Lorian's is kind of close.
>>
>>186895992

Not really, and it doesn't boost sorcery does it
>>
>>186893841
You can get decent activity from SL50+6 onwards. Most people just wait to enter until they're around SL70+8 or higher.
>>
>>186894142
I fucking hate that to make the most of a sorcerer build, you need to use that silly fucking helm. I equipped it for four kangs, and I'm hoping I won't need it for Manus/Kalameet.
>>
>>186896161
Thanks!
>>
>>186896154
If you're talking about aesthetics, then it is close. But no, if you want sorcery boosting that's what Sc**lar's Candlestick and Bellowing Dragoncrest are for.
>>
>>186896218
Pyromancers/Hexers don't have to use it do they?
>>
>>186887318
>>186887318
Just use the Greatsword of Judgement. The buff is darkmoon blade its actually the ceremonial sword of the covenant. Plus you dont have to farm for DMB
>>
>>186896318

I like it for both. Crown of Dust is just uggo

I like Lorian's actually, but I don't think it looks similar.
Gwyndolin's looks like a symmetric star and has a brighter colour.
Lorian's looks like faded fire and is asymmetric
>>
>>186896437
I don't think so ? I don't know much about magic, I've been strictly a melee person until I tried ds1 pve sorcery.

Thankfully I don't need it much here, is it an important object to have in ds3 if I try to do a sorcery run, or will I be fine without it ?
>>
>>186887318
DMB Estoc + Parrying Dagger
>>
File: sweating.jpg (40KB, 614x432px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
40KB, 614x432px
>>186896218
>Manus
>>
>>186896595
I'm working on a Faith character but I'm next planning on doing a pure caster and I was going to go as Pyro/Hexer, since both of those seem to scale off the same of the same build
>>
>>186881926
You're pretty much perfect.

I'd raise your endurance and vit next, or expand your attunement slot for some more healing slots or defensive buffs.
>>
>>186896792
I'm a big armorfag, so I could usually tank Manus rather well, and I quickly understood how to dodge his magic thankfully. Meanwhile, I still don't fucking know how to dodge Kalameet's melee attacks on midroll and I just shield through them.
Artorias as a Sorcerer was awful even though I 1st tried him, I couldn't poisebreak him with Velka's (shoulda kept some Soul Spears even though I don't know if that'd have worked) so he buffed 3 (4 ?) times, I ended up chipping at the last third of his health with 30-50ish damage Great Soul Arrows and Velka pokes. Fun.
>>
>DaS1 gets stale and I lose interest after dealing Seath, fuck Izalith and New Londo
>DaS2 is just not a game that's fun to replay for me
>DaS3 was a giant letdown and felt too rushed to enjoy
Welp, only DeS left for me I guess, any tips before I throw my head through a brickwall?
>>
>>186883934
>>186884890
>>186885083
>>186891116

Fume doesn't just do dark damage, he deals physical + Dark + Fire damage, so Rebel's Greatshield is better. Magic barrier also helps, too, and you can use flash sweat if you lack the faith for that. Dispelling ring +1 and fire quartz ring also.
>>
>>186897276

Manus as a squishy sorcerer was pretty terrible.
To my shame I ended up cheesing him with a bow.

Kalemeet was kind of ok. I hardly rolled there, mainly I just kept circling him.
>>
>>186897491
Just get Dead Cells/Salty Sanchos instead and enjoy some good old 2d
>>
>>186897491
what do you enjoy most about dark souls?
>>
>>186892805
Why?
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 419x989px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 419x989px
Who is the best souls girl?
>>
File: 20170822205933_1.jpg (962KB, 2715x1527px) Image search: [Google]
20170822205933_1.jpg
962KB, 2715x1527px
Goodbye, my friend.

>>186897004
I'll be leveling Vigor for now, until I find a heavier armor I like. Then I'll probably use a Soul Vessel to tweak my stats for it.
Since Endurance only gives me 1 Stamina point, it's pretty low on my list, to be honest. I had no problem with it, so far.
I'd level Attunement, but I can't get another slot without increasing my Agility to >85, and I decided I'm going to beat the game with minimum iframes.

>>186897545
Anon, Gyrm Greatshield has 100% resistance to physical and fire damage, and the greatest stability.
The 70% physical resist from Rebel's is probably not enough for him.
Although after suggesting him Dark Gyrm Greatshield, I just took a look at other greatshields and I think Havel's might be best because it's overall resistance.
>>
>>186897992
Emerald Herald

even if she's not technically a girl but is a weird dragon experiment thing
>>
>>186894404
I like qwyndolin
>>
File: 20170822163445_1.jpg (757KB, 2715x1527px) Image search: [Google]
20170822163445_1.jpg
757KB, 2715x1527px
>>186898175
>>
File: DaS1_Gwyndolins_Favor.png (1MB, 1476x2138px) Image search: [Google]
DaS1_Gwyndolins_Favor.png
1MB, 1476x2138px
>>186897764
My first of the series was DaS1, I loved that the game didn't hold my hand, it forced me to go explore shit myself.
I got punished for doing stupid shit or taking unnecessary chances, but I was also rewarded massively for doing well.

I loved the whole, you'll never explore the full game on the first run, you'll need to really pay a lot of attention.

Best part was the feeling of levels essentially meant "nothing", as in you could complete the game as a Lv 1 as long as you learned the mechanics.

DaS2 sadly felt lackluster in the world design bit, therefore I'm not all that up for replaying it.

DaS3.. It just feels wrong, not sure what.

>>186897992
As stated by: >>186898253
Good taste.
>>
>>186897568
Eh, if I need it I'll get some thiccer armor (maybe Ciaran's ? It looks cool and can fit a mage), I'm using Havel's to guarantee fastroll anyway
>>
>>186898108
You can just equip southern ritual band+2 if you need more slots, you get it from a bonfire ascetic on Scorpiness Najka I think

>>186898340
>cropping the image above her tits and ass
you completely missed the point
>>
>>186898368

>calling Gwyndolin "princess"

Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>186898498
>Raised as a girl
>Not a princess
Something doesn't add up here.
>>
>>186897992
I'll never understand why so many people like DaS3's Fire Keeper. The only thing she has going for her is that she responds to your gestures, otherwise she's worse than even sidequest NPCs in any number of the other games.
>>
>>186897941
Because you can:
>Set fire to oil puddles from a distance with it
>Trigger explosive barrels with it
>Destroy shit from far away, like the statues in Black Gulch
It's just really handy.
>>
>>186898420

True, Ciaran's is pretty sweet for mage builds

I just use Gwyndolin's for fashion though
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 643x617px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 643x617px
>>186898607
I don't care much for her, I just used the picture cause it's kinda hot
>>
File: 20170822163421_1.jpg (585KB, 2715x1527px) Image search: [Google]
20170822163421_1.jpg
585KB, 2715x1527px
>>186898474
>>
>>186898579

>father forcefully raised him as if he is a girl even though it's a boy
>it's never stated that he actually wanted that
>he actually considers himself grotesque
>>
>>186898368
> I loved that the game didn't hold my hand, it forced me to go explore shit myself.
>but I was also rewarded massively for doing well.
>you'll never explore the full game on the first run

Go play Armored Core 3, Armored Core Verdict Day, or Armored Core Last Raven.

Armored Core takes everything you just said and pushes it to an masochistic degree. You have to figure out your own control scheme, you can't level up, you get punished for -every single hit you take or every shot you fire- and most of the games require multiple playthroughs just to get high enough mission ranks to unlock most of the shop. It's not for everyone but what you just described is basically the AC influence on Souls.

Downside is that it's a mech shooter, not a melee fantasy game, so if you're not into that style it could be a problem. Nier Automata might be another choice for you.
>>
>>186898679
I'm running around in Beatrice's with Ciaran's legs and the leather gloves you get from the undead merchant. They give a bit of poise and don't fuck up Beatrice's robes. my character is a guy but I don't like logan's stuff too much
>>
>>186898920
Why didn't he go back to being a real boy once his dad left
>>
>>186898907
amazing chest ahead
>>
File: 1471972228772.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471972228772.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>186898474
Her ass is hidden by her cape like 90% of the time though.

Her legs, on the other hand...
>>
>>186899037

He is a real boy

With snake legs though
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 850x513px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 850x513px
>>186899037
He's addicted to being a slutty trap but he's super ashamed about it
>>
>>186899194
>Has boobs
No
>>
>>186898920
>Stays girl even after father leaves
Pretty sure he enjoyed it.

>>186898936
>NieR: Automata
Played it already, and the replay value sadly isn't there. Story is amazing and gameplay is solid (even for a hack 'n slash).
You just don't want to do it again, since I can just listen to the music online.

>Armored Core
Never played them, seems weird as fuck.

>>186898895
What's the number 3 even doing in that picture?
>>
>>186899290

He had that removed between DaS1 and DaS3 though

He was obviously waiting for Gwyn to be dead for good
>>
Why does the Cathedral of the Deep have to have all this fucking muck at the bottom? Like, for fucks sake.
>>
>>186899917
Purportedly, to make fighting the giant harder.
>>
>>186899917
Probably rotten giant flesh. You could use a Quickstep Weapon Art to go fast.
>>
>>186899986
They didn't do a very good job. It's still really easy
>>
>>186897992
You
>>
>>186899337
>Played it already, and the replay value sadly isn't there.
Did you get ending C? If you didn't get ending C then you haven't even finished the main story

>seems weird as fuck.
It's literally dark/demon's souls but with robots and guns, same developers, same creative team, same systems, same stats
>>
what happen to the dsg events people were announcing in July?
>>
>>186899337
>>186900398
Also, try playing Nier with completely different chips. It literally plays like a completely different game, that's what I mean by replay value.
>>
>>186900398
>tfw have to do Route B but I realized B stands for BOOOOOOOOORING
>>
File: 20170822213815_1.jpg (777KB, 2715x1527px) Image search: [Google]
20170822213815_1.jpg
777KB, 2715x1527px
I can hear a crystal lizard here, and I think I remember one being here too, but it's nowhere to be seen. It's maddening.
Is it under the skeletal dragon's wing?
>>
>>186900715
It's a red crystal lizard, on the next floor up.
>>
>>186900563
just man up and do it, route B takes maybe 5 hours, tops, everything past the amusement park is just skipped cutscenes and a few hacking sections
>>
>>186899337
Well, if you haven't tried it, play some SMT. Those games typically don't hold you hand and instead let you make your own decisions, from how to build your character and party of demons, to which alignment/route you want to pursue, which result in different endings, boss fights, new demons to fuse and more. It's also really rewarding to progress through the game, as you get stronger and stronger, learning new spells and earning new items that help you out immensely. It's a far cry from Dark Souls' gameplay, with it being a Turn Based Dungeon Crawler RPG instead of an Action RPG, but I think you'd enjoy it.
>>
>Dark Souls III Software Update 1.15 (August 25, 2017)

RIP force casting

I had hoped FromSoft abandoned this game
>>
>>186901431
At least they changed Pestilent Mercury's name.
Because who knows what would happen if they kept the same name for it.
>>
>>186900865
Weird, I already lit the sconce and killed the dark spirit and I haven't seen it
>>
>>186901431
at least they didn't patch the reddit glitch
>>
>>186901431
they have

Bandai is still squeezing it for money though
>>
>>186901392
>SMT
What does it stand for though?
>>
>>186901959
Shin Megami Tensei
>>
>>186901959
Shin Megami Tensei
>>
>>186901959
shin megami tensei
>>
>>186897491
And Demons Souls is really short. You can't win.
>>
>>186901431
>tfw I was going to build a new character purely to abuse Force-casting

I guess my dreams of wielding a Blessed Weapon BKGS are going to forever be a dream. At least until someone else discovers the next tumblebuffing glitch.
>>
File: stop_doing_that.png (55KB, 354x380px) Image search: [Google]
stop_doing_that.png
55KB, 354x380px
>>186901821
>>
can someone on PC drop me a silvercat ring? i fucked up sirris' quest in both NG and NG+ apparently.
>>
>>186902786
high wall bonfire
pw: dsg
>>
File: 1503256976394.jpg (71KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
1503256976394.jpg
71KB, 448x336px
>>186902058
>>186902153
>>186902193
Nice, I didn't realize there were other SMT fans here

>>186902786
High wall, pass dsg, I'll put my sign down in a sec
>>
File: 1486832047793.jpg (172KB, 700x774px) Image search: [Google]
1486832047793.jpg
172KB, 700x774px
How would a regen build work in DaS3?

I'm guessing go faith (how high, even?) and having a weapon + shield blessed infused, one of the regen miracles, sun princess ring and the gentle prayer WA of a chime if it stacks? Anything else I should know specifically?
>>
>>186902786
gg frendo
>>
Is Saint's Talisman the best miracle catalyst before Yorshka's chime?
>>
Thanks High Bone King. I think we've played in an FC, or invaded together before.

That was a fun fight.
>>
>>186903175
anri's straight sword
ethereal oak shield
sun princess ring

30 str, 20 dex, 40 luck, 18 faith for filianore's sacred chime

the chime WA stays even after you put it away
>>
>>186903175
99 Vigor, 10/10 Str/Dex with the rest in End and Vit
Stack the heaviest armor you can wear, Raw straight sword as your weapon
SPR, Steel Protection, FaP+3 and Life +3
18 Faith, 18 Attunement with Replenishment and Tears
Start with Tears and Replenishment, Filianore chime WA, swap to Blessed Caestus, two-hand your straight sword

Just don't expect it to actually be effective.
>>
File: Caestus.webm (3MB, 652x480px) Image search: [Google]
Caestus.webm
3MB, 652x480px
>>186903175
regen doesn't scale apart from blessed weapon buff. so enough for the regen miracle and chime. everything stacks.
you can make a regen build with fai/luck with anri SS.
>>
>>186903130
if you still have that spare silvercat, i'm also missing it
>>
>>186899917
>>186900018

It's literally giant shit.
>>
>>186903712
No, stock Talisman is. Saint's is utter shit because it has literally zero poise health, straight sword R1 spam can stagger you out of poise-casting.
>>
>>186904008
Sure, High wall/dsg
>>
okay discordfags I'll give you 1 (one) last chance to leave peacefully. if you do not comply you will regret it
>>
>>186903175
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/235391
>>
>>186904272
>nothing about boise
Your shitposting is slipping.
>>
>>186904109
Stock Talisman is better than Sunlight Talisman?
>>
File: 1501981031904.png (424KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
1501981031904.png
424KB, 500x709px
>>186903130
I mainly brought it up since I just recently finished SMT IV and got the Law ending, and I figured other people here might like the series due to it being challenging and rewarding.
Glad to see I'm not the only one here who likes it.
>>
>>186904363
Yes, Sunlight Talisman has more poise than is practical on Unfaltering Prayer for less spellbuff. Stock Talisman has the best balance of spellbuff and poise on the WA.
>>
>>186904363
Sunlight Talisman has shit for spell buff, anything you cast with it will hit like a wet noodle. It's only useful if you're relying on a non-scaling effect like WoG knockdown, Vow of Silence and so on, and need to somehow tank two ultra swings to get it off.
>>
>>186904235
sign's down
>>
>>186904491
>>186904547
Is there a difference between standard Talisman and Canvas Talisman?
>>
>>186904613
Standard Talisman has better spell buff at 60 Faith, Canvas is the best at 40. The poise healths on their Unfaltering Prayer is exactly the same.
>>
>>186904613
Canvas is better at 40 Faith, stock Talisman is better after that. Stock Talisman has the best spell buff at 60 Faith that isn't Saint's, which by default makes it the best talisman at 60 Faith.
>>
>>186903712
the 2 might be a bad option since we don't know how much fai you got.
check Useful PvP data on OP for info on spelltools
>>
File: 62w1N.jpg (178KB, 374x512px) Image search: [Google]
62w1N.jpg
178KB, 374x512px
If I wanted to request a Souls drawfriend to draw lewds of ENB and his sis / gf who should I go to for it?

>>186901431
One last fuck you from Fromsoft.
>>
>>186904764
shadman
>>
>>186901821
Which might that be?
>>
>>186904272
You will never get rid of the cartel.
>>
File: 1464451919687.jpg (70KB, 344x315px) Image search: [Google]
1464451919687.jpg
70KB, 344x315px
I'm convinced that you can find the metal Ghru shields they use in Smouldering Lake but none of the wikis confirm this.

But I swear to god I've found them before. Anybody wanna weigh in?!
>>
>>186904687
>>186904739
>>186904759
Well I'm just early game at the moment with 22 Fai. I was under the impression that Yorshka's chime was the #1 option for Miracle casting

Also, what exactly is the difference between the Talisman's and the Chime's, why would I use on over the other?
>>
>>186904963
anon I don't think those exist I'm sorry
>>
File: 1483690624581.png (115KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
1483690624581.png
115KB, 500x324px
>>186903839
>>186903971
>>186904324
>>186903965
Thanks for the help lads, I haven't used a straight sword since DaS1 so this should be fun.
>>
>>186905141
Fuck.

It would be ideal for my fashion.
>>
>>186905096
talismans = poise
chimes = spellbuff
>>
>>186905096
Yorshka's has the best overall spell buff overall at 60 Faith but has no poise casting since it is a chime. The difference between chimes and talismans is that chimes have the regen health WA while talismans have the unfaltering prayer WA with varying degrees of poise health depending on the talisman. In PvP and in PvE with close range enemies talismans are generally preferable since Unfaltering Prayer makes your miracles uninterruptible for a set amount of poise damage.
>>
>>186904272
didn't you say the same shit like one month ago, you fuckwit?
>>
What's the lowest requirement large weapon I can infuse? I'm thinking maybe great wooden hammer for dark/chaos.
It's just to add to smash flavour for my pyro on things I don't want to set on fire.
>>
>>186905096
The general rule of thumb is that talismans have less spell buff but have the poise-casting WA that lets you trade, while chimes have better spell buff but lack hyperarmor. If you just want a strong effect on your scaling Miracles then you use the chime, but if you have to trade with the other guy using your offensive Miracles then the talisman is what you use.

Sometimes the difference is minuscule enough that it doesn't matter, such as Sunless Talisman versus Caitha's Chime (the former only has 3 less spell buff than the latter at 40/40 or 45/45).
>>
>>186905238
>>186905258
>>186905473
Okay thanks for clearing that up. Talisman seems like the best option overall in the long term and I think it will be good enough to carry me through the game. Ideally, I can have this along with Yorshka's and I can just carry them both for different situations.
>>
>>186905410
Large Weapon, like an Ultra? Astora GS, 16 Str, 18 Dex.
Weapon for Smashin'?
Try the Mace, it's so satisfying to 2H and annhilate everything
>>
>>186904272
We own these threads, give up.
>>
>>186905647
Mace, really? I'm trying to not pump strength. I was planning on going to 20 for vordt's and two hand but figured that might actually be worse as soon as mid game hits.
>>
>>186905606
Unless you're point blank trading Sunlight Spears or Lightning Stakes, Poisecasting is pretty useless for PvE. Just use a Chime for the most part, Priest's is best until Yorshka's I believe.
>>
>>186904353
>>186904942
>>186905323
>>186905694
Don't say I didn't warn you...
>>
>>186905784
I only have 24 strength, and Heavy Infused Mace shat all over the entire game until the Harald Knight staircase in TRC.
It's awesome, try it out.
>>
>>186905410
Maybe not the lowest reqs, but the damage is insane.
>>
File: 1461038189947.gif (693KB, 339x279px) Image search: [Google]
1461038189947.gif
693KB, 339x279px
>>186906062
>Nearly 700 AR
Looks like I have a new weapon to try out on my Pyromancer!
>>
>>186906015
>>186906062
See, if I go higher then say 20 strength, I'm dealing with less than 40/40 int/fai which might not be good.
>>
>>186905694
you say that like it's a great thing
>>
>>186906234
I don't think you'd have to go above base stats for a Dark Mace honestly. It's just git gr8 Smash potential
>>
File: 1497822260034.png (793KB, 1280x985px) Image search: [Google]
1497822260034.png
793KB, 1280x985px
>>186905868
Stop making me so indecisive! Ideally, I will have both but cant afford that at this point in the game
>>
>>186906225
Exile and Greatsword (UGS) get even more AR, but are also heavier.
>>
>>186906312
As long as their BF circlejerking doesn't leak into the generals ever again, I can tolerate their existence.
>>
File: 20170801191322_1.jpg (436KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170801191322_1.jpg
436KB, 1920x1080px
>>186906062
dark infusions are balanced!

just kidding this was multiple buffs at SL802 with the force glitch
>>
Are there any mods that make dark souls 1 a good game?
>>
>>186906750
>that AR
No one man should have all that power.
>>
>>186906656
BFposting was literally a meme that died as soon as it began. ENBposting is far worse and still lasting.
>>
>>186906750
Well, that's absolutely terrifying.

>>186906830
Gun game is quite fun.
>>
>>186906830
(you)
>>
>>186906830
The install button

>>186906656
>he thinks my BF posting is associated with discordfags at all
you might want to figure out what boogeymen you're actually fighting you dumb fucking faggot
>>
File: 64492483_p8_master1200.jpg (184KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
64492483_p8_master1200.jpg
184KB, 900x900px
>>186906750
>>
>>186904272
https://discord.gg/sPCSXFU
>>
>>186907506
good, now I can mass report it for racism and antisemitism and it will get taken down without investigation
>>
Tell us about your favourite/least favourite areas of every Souls game:

>DeS
Favourite: Latria, Boletaria
Least favourite: Stonefag, Shrine of Storms

>DaS
Favourite: Duke's Archives, Sen's Fortress, Undead Burg
Least favourite: Lost Israel, New Londo, Tomb of the Giants

>DS2
Favourite: Eleum Loyce, Shulva, Lost Bastille
Least favourite: Harvest Valley, Aldia's Keep, No Man's Wharf

>Bloodborne
Favourite: Cathedral Ward, Fishing Hamlet, Yahar'gul
Least favourite: Hemwick, Burger King, Lecture Hall

>DS3
Favourite: Irythill, Profaned Capital, Undead Settlement
Least favourite: Carthus, Road of Sacrifices, Consumed King's Garden
>>
File: 20170822230106_1.jpg (607KB, 2715x1527px) Image search: [Google]
20170822230106_1.jpg
607KB, 2715x1527px
Is there any reason to pull this lever?
Do the caged mimics drop anything?
>>
File: 20170822220546_1.jpg (480KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170822220546_1.jpg
480KB, 1920x1080px
>>186906986
>>186906864
>>186907153
A lot of weapons still get nutty AR with just dark infusions and no buffs at this level which isn't too surprising. This is with Llyod's Sword ring and Flynn's.

I really want to test out how downscaling works at this level. I noticed with a friend a few weeks ago I was doing around 300~ more points of damage when I switched to a split damage/multiple scaling weapon from a pure physical one, so I'm wondering how the fuck downscaling actually works.

I know some people say stamina doesn't get nerfed but it does, but it usually gets up to normal level pretty quick once the host levels up.
>>
>>186908339
It's not worth it, and it makes it a pain in the ass if you die and have to go through that hallway again
>>
File: qoaQnwJ.jpg (80KB, 797x801px) Image search: [Google]
qoaQnwJ.jpg
80KB, 797x801px
JUST
>>
Can someone drop me a Ring of the Sun's Firstborn please?

PC, highwall
Pass: sun
>>
>>186909061
On my way, hold tight
>>
>>186907506
the Cult says Hi
>>
>>186909281
I knew you fuckers hung out here
>>
>>186908950
>amount of fluid buzzwords outnumber view count
hurr duurr overpOWERred metA *proceeds to kill some fucking idiot with his 10 second charge up*
>>
>>186909154
Thanks man
>>
Is there a way to get more copies of dark orb in DS2
I'm in SotFS and tried out the DLC after respeccing. I'm gonna need more hexes than just 100 orbs (I think, I haven't done the DLC and plan on doing it on my hex build character).
>>
File: Revan619_-_YouTube.jpg (32KB, 1043x307px) Image search: [Google]
Revan619_-_YouTube.jpg
32KB, 1043x307px
>>186909354
*teleports away*
>>
>>186909336
nah, random people like to post our links in random generals. mostly /wfg/.

it's rather hilarious
>>
File: 20170808032755_1.jpg (363KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170808032755_1.jpg
363KB, 1920x1080px
>>186908001
>DaS
Favourite: Undead Burg/Parish, pretty much the best medieval castle/town level in any video game. Lots of great little moments like the first time you encounter a black knight.
Least favourite: The Great Hollow, it's a cool idea but platforming in these games is just annoying, I also hate that it's in the way of getting to one of the best areas (Ash Lake) and that it takes so long to backtrack through

DaS2
Favourite: Eleum Loyce because snow levels are comfy! COMFY!!! Might be my favourite area in the series and I always look forward to it when I play DaS2.
Least favourite: Earthern Peak. It's ugly and the enemies/layuut are obnoxious, very easy to get stunlocked to death or fall off a ledge or some stupid shit.

DaS3
Favourite: Grand Archives, that place is huge and always leaves me with the sense that I've missed something even though I've done multiple full explore/clear runs through it before.
Least favourite: Road of Sacrifices, it marks the point where the game gets painfully mediocre and doesn't pick itself back up for ~3 hours, I usually drop the game around this point.
>>
>>186909824
>it marks the point where the game gets painfully mediocre
I just don't wanna deal with the fucking hordes of caber tossers. When I see them, I just nope out of the game.
>>
>Want to replay DaS1 again
>Trying to get DSFix to work
>It fucks it up
Ohgodnotthisshitagain
>>
>>186909994
>they drop pikes instead of their tree weapons

wh*t the FUCK miyizaki???
>>
>>186909575
I wonder how many stay
>>
File: 1503173016942-1.jpg (580KB, 663x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1503173016942-1.jpg
580KB, 663x1104px
>>186906942
>ENBposting is far worse and still lasting
I am one of the people who posts about ENB sometimes. But, I did it when he was still yet to do a Ringed City playthrough and now he almost has completed his obligation to Souls fans. When he is done with the 100% playthroughs of the Souls series and stops playing souls he will not be of relevancy to this thread.

his sister is qt though I hope that anon gets someone to draw lewds of her even if it's incest porn with enb

>>186898498
>>186898579

The whole point of the comic is that the Knight didn't know Gwyndolin has a dick.
>>
File: holy_shit_patches_wtf_is_wrong.jpg (460KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
holy_shit_patches_wtf_is_wrong.jpg
460KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>186911223
He's just removing that lying filth from your sight, truly the best bro.
>>
>>186908950
literally who
>>
>>186908001
>Des
Favorite: Stonefang, Shine of Storms
Least: Valley of Defilement, Latria

>DaS
Favorite: Undead Parish, Blighttown, Oolacile Forest
Least: Everything after the Lordvessel

>DaS2
Favorite: No Man's Wharf, Shrine of Amana, Shulva
Least: Earthen Peak, Black Gulch, Brume Tower

>Bloodborne
Favorite: Upper Cathedral Ward, Central Yharnam
Least: Research Hall, Fishing Hamlet, Nightmare of mensis

>DS3:
Favorite: Archragon Peak, Demon Ruins
Least: Farron Keep, Cathedral of the Deep (outer area), Ringed City, Consumed Kings Garden
>>
>>186910982
not too many, but we get quite a few who are all like "Well, I guess I'm into this now"
>>
>>186899337
I've said it and I'll say it again, Gwyndolin is a girl. It's pro-trans propaganda that has backfired in hilarious way.
>keeps the ring that makes "him" be more of the opposite gender
>has the people closest to "him" use male pronouns
She was raised as a girl because she was one, but always wanted to be a boy.
>>
>>186904963
There are other metal small round shields you can use. Iron round should be fitting
>>
File: 1499669968218.jpg (794KB, 1357x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1499669968218.jpg
794KB, 1357x1920px
>>186908001
>DeS
Favorite:
Boletarian Palace is easily the favorite. A large, imposing Fortress that actually feels like people lived and worked there.
Least favorite :
Stonefang
The lava bugs and all of the lava shitbin general is a massive turnoff.

>DaS1, DaS2, DaS2
>>186909824 summed up my thoughts on both

>Bloodborne
Favorite :
Favorite area is probably Research Hall. The aesthetics and the atmosphere exceeds Tower of Latria in my opinion, it's preceded by one of the best bossfights in Soulsborne and capped off by an amazing bossfight.

>Least favorite area
Least favorite area in Bloodborne is like having a least favorite pizza in a restaurant because it's still a pizza y'know? But probably Hemwick.
>>
Why are all the souls youtubers literal shit at the game, or faggots. Prod is a cuck piece of shit that isnt even good. And revan is an edgelord that cant even green text properly.
>>
>>186912776
lobos is cool
>>
>>186912776
papa riot is cool
>>
File: image.png (437KB, 717x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
437KB, 717x400px
Ornstein and Smough are destroying my Boipuss on my SL1 run, any tips?
>>
>>186912776
Rehvion isn't bad.
>>
>>186912902
just b urself
>>
>>186912902
Use. The. Pillars.
>>
Anyone on ps4 looking to do a new playthrough? Please I dont wanna beat the game with randoms again, and I dont want to get carried by a sl 200 faggot...
>>
>>186912902
they can't into close combat.
They're midrange
>>
>>186912902
Kill fatty first, then throwing knives to victory.
>>
>>186912902
Are you using DWGR? Which one are you trying to kill first?
>>
Dark Souls:
Best: Undead Burg/Parish. These are the zones that establish what Dark Souls is about. The atmosphere is great and the level design is top notch.

Worst: Duke's Archives. Ugly, shitty enemies, lazy in every way. This game really takes a turn at the end, when it should be getting better.

Dark Souls 2:
Best: No Man's Wharf. No bonfires, just a shortcut at the end. Use of torches to both light a path and scare off enemies.

Worst:Drangleic Castle. Ugly and boring, with crap enemies.

Dark Souls 3:
Every single zone in this game is forgettable.

Demons Souls:
Best: Lower of Latria. Creepy, alien, and fantastic.

Worst: Valley of Defilement. Pure aids. Ugly and unfun, with cheap deaths, poison, no visibility, and unfun enemies. Bonus: Looks like shit, ugliest zone in any Souls game.
>>
>>186912890
He might be good but his VERTACALITY meme is fucking annoying and he plugs reddit in every fucking video.
>>
File: 1503174525274.jpg (197KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1503174525274.jpg
197KB, 1024x1024px
>>186912776
ENB is pretty cool. plus he and ensis are a cute couple
Also recommending Lobosjr, Distortion2, Elajjaz and Otzdarva
>>
File: 1482889130293.jpg (125KB, 643x744px) Image search: [Google]
1482889130293.jpg
125KB, 643x744px
>>186913051
>>
>>186913038
what is DWGR?
>>
How much poise should I stack for hammers? Wanna try mace and warpick on my character.
>>
>>186913669
Enough until it returns.
>>
>>186913561
Dark Wood Grain Ring
>>
>>186913038
I'm killing Ornstein first
>>186912965
No shit dickhead
>>186913037
I don't have any throwing knives, but would Big Ornstein be easier than Super Smough?
>>
>>186913669
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSBhYk5WsoTYcx_zup0z3YMamlSKusOE7_ToxK6BMkip7B-Vx5O7G2Qto-tD73RUmypXGrVSVLSKijP/pubhtml#
>>
>>186912776
all the best souls channels are pve oriented desu
>>
Best area to soul farm in das3?
>>
>>186912890
Same. Where the FUCK is the DM?
>>186913112
He plugs reddit to roast them about their never-ceasing complaints.
>>
>>186913869
Super Smough can oneshot you with the lightning charge from what I remember, but I don't think Ornstein can except maybe the grab attack.
>>
>>186913938
ironically.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxBb5lv5xkA

one of the best, to say the least. all pvp youtubers just act like they're tough shit or montage a new player killing spree
>>
File: other me.jpg (127KB, 951x787px) Image search: [Google]
other me.jpg
127KB, 951x787px
>>186913869
If you 2hand a silver knight shield you can even block smough (except for the charge of course)
>>
>>186912776
>>186912776
because 90% of the playerbase is retarded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6qmRc5Z44o
>>
>>186914442
Dark Souls PvP only exists because most of the "pvp scene" are just too shit to play fighting games
>>
>>186912776
Skidonic is alright
>>
File: pssshh.webm (2MB, 886x500px)
pssshh.webm
2MB, 886x500px
>>186914650
pretty much
>>
>>186912776
Cowboy is pretty chill and entertaining. Not good, but entertaining.
>>
>>186913051

Valley of Defilement is why I make it mandatory to acquire the Lava bow in every fucking run.
>>
>>186913905
thanks
>>
File: 1503260925159.png (186KB, 559x642px) Image search: [Google]
1503260925159.png
186KB, 559x642px
Any PS4 lads want to do some co op starting at Demon Princes? Pass is dsg as always.
>>
>>186914809
Skidonic sounds too much like a knock-off Critikal for me to take seriously, although his Prod impression was pretty funny.
>>
>>186915363
I'll be there
>>
>>186915437
Well I dont follow Cr1tikal so the resemblance is lost on me
His streams are pretty chill.
>>
>>186915363
Omw bby
>>
>>186915437
>prod impression

source? i'd be interested in seeing that
>>
what fashion goes well with royal solder armor?
>>
>>186916113
Heide Knight Full Helm
the one with the red tassle
>>
is the GSoJ a 60Int weapon or more like 27str 40int?
>>
Anyone else having trouble logging in? It keeps saying I'm failing to log into the game server.
>>
>>186916521
27/40/40
>>
Gimme 5 minutes lads, need to get a snack real quick
>>
>>186916879
PS4? Try restarting your console and everything.
>>
>>186862974
>woaah the game makes me spam the roll button 50x times more woooow such challenge

dark souls isnt about being hard
it's about being rewarding
and beating das3 bosses wasn't even that challenging in first place,
grinding out bosses' 20 various delayed rollcatch attack timings isn't difficult, it's just tedious.
>>
>>186871880
If you have at least 20 STR just unzip BLACKEDsword.rar
>>
>>186917112
... and once you've done it, the boss fights just fall apart completely like the pieces of shit they are, you cakewalk through them and instead of a sense of success or reward you get a sense of relief of not having to touch this part of the game anymore for this playthrough
>>
>>186917484
is 80 dex a meme?
>>
Didnt mean to reply
>>
File: 20170809161509_1.jpg (541KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170809161509_1.jpg
541KB, 1920x1080px
>>186871880
i feel your pain

>>186917112
>>186917484
i think you might be right, i don't know what (if anything) they can do to make these games more difficult without making them less fun but the way they went about it wasn't great
>>
EDIT: nvm wrong thread
>>
>want some comfy pve
>get it in my head to help people raidboss midir
>fights go surprisingly well, players are competent
>die to stupid fucking shit at the very end right before someone ripostes midir

I'm really not fine
>>
>>186917752
Not with the right weapons, no.
>>
>>186917816
I did.
>>
>>186918327
Is Frayed Blade good?
>>
>>186918374
It's arguably the best Dex weapon in the game, but it's perfectly fine at 40 Dex. You only go 80 for Sharp infusions.
>>
>>186915098
Playing a faith character this game; had to run it first. Even worse than usual.
>>
JUST 40?
Really now?
If that's true then I should put Luck at 50 to push that Bleed and the rest in Vigor and Endurance....
>>
>>186918534
meant to reply >>186918932
>>
File: Watcher Archmage by JMORPH.png (4MB, 2732x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Watcher Archmage by JMORPH.png
4MB, 2732x1536px
Throne Watcher set is still the best god damn armor in the series,it goes so well with a lot of shit too
Why isn't it in fucking DS3
>>
>>186919669
What the fuck is wrong with your textures?
>>
Is this a good build for the Frayed Blade?
>>
>>186919669
Defender armor was dope as fuck too, sadly the colors didn't combine with a lot of other sets
>>
>>186906015
Go for gargoyle flame hammer for that fun WA
>>
>>186920135
make sure you have the fallen knight armor equipped for maximum dex output
>>
File: Valley of Defilement.gif (714KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Valley of Defilement.gif
714KB, 500x283px
How is Valley of Defilement not the best "swamp" level in the series?
>game has unlimited heal items
>90% of enemies drop poison-curing items
>only one stage has unavoidable poison
>the only stage with plague has a completely skippable swamp
>best boss story
>darkest lore
>>
>>186918997
Luck is a literal meme stat, don't do that shit.
>>
File: 20170730200753_1.jpg (285KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170730200753_1.jpg
285KB, 1360x768px
>>186920284
I know you're memeing but its not good enough
I really wish DS3 had the Alonne Knight armor but it doesn't so i have to settle for the Outrider set which looks similar
>>
>>186920596
Only for PvP. In PvE, it's really great for inflicting Bleed.
>>
File: 1502301747512.jpg (101KB, 964x964px) Image search: [Google]
1502301747512.jpg
101KB, 964x964px
>>186920443
I think the best thing about Valley of Defilement was that the levels were made to function around only 1 archstone like DeS levels in general were and as much as 5-2 was shitaids, they gave you a really satisfying shortcut that fast access from the start to the boss. They did similar design in Farron Keep but the bonfire spam made the clever shortcut not matter which is a shame.
>>
Imagine how bad the Chosen Undead must smell
>>
>>186921627
There was a clever shortcut in Farron Keep?
>>
>>186919669
You could say that for literally 80% of the armor sets from DaS2.

>no Aurous set
>no Syan's set
>no Fume Sorcerer set
>no Raime's or Velstadt's sets
>no Royal Swordsman set
>no Heide Knight set
>no Black Dragon set aka the only time that a dragon transformation was ever useful
>no Dragonrider set
>no Insolent set
>no Targray set
>NO FUCKING FORLORN SET
>>
>>186921972
The Farron Keep Perimeter loops back to Road of Sacrifices, allowing for decently fast boss runs from the first Farron Keep bonfire. It works well enough that I believe that it is how the area was meant to be played.
>>
>>186918374
>Is Frayed Blade good?
No.

It's fucking amazing.

>>186920135
I don't think luck is worth it.

I'd pump DEX to 60 and dump some points into ATT since you'll be using the WA quite a lot.
>>
File: 107.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>186920443
Valley of Defilement was easily the most disgusting swamp level in the series, not close. I found those long-nosed plagued fucks kinda tilting when I first played, especially the big ones.

Blighttown was kinda shitty also. Gross inhabitants, bulging mosquitos, bouncy leeches. Those fire dogs felt very misplaced though.

Harvest Valley was pretty much green poison fog, couple skeletons lying around and then it's over.

Farron Swamp had the goopy snails but other than that a pretty basic swamp.
>>
>>186919669
>>186922002

Putting in most of those sets wouldn't make sense since Drangleic is a faraway land while Dark Souls 3 mostly takes places in areas that are Lordran after an untold amount of years althoughvthere are some exceptions.
>>
>>186922297
>I don't think luck is worth it.
>I'd pump DEX to 60 and dump some points into ATT since you'll be using the WA quite a lot.
I really want Bleed to be good, especially since Frayed Blade is so good at proccing it but it looks like i'm out of Luck on that
>>
File: 2013.jpg (486KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2013.jpg
486KB, 1920x1080px
What the fuck ? Why are the depths so active ? I also got invaded, but I just hid in the bonfire room with the door closed and got some other stuff done, I don't have watchdog active right now and I don't trust ds1 invaders anymore.
>>
>>186922002
Forlorn is campy as shit, but it's a pity we're missing so much fashion from previous games
>no steel set
>no golem set
>no moonlight set
>no gough or ciarans sets, even though there are plenty places to put them
>>
>>186923292
Play hollow. Its Dark Souls 1, there's no penalty.
>>
>>186923416
I just kindled the bonfire, that's the reason. What the fuck is going on though, I hardly ever get any online at all except sometimes in Parish, signs for the gargoyles. Shit now I'll be scared if I go into blighttown as a human.
>>
>>186922546
I still find them tilting. None of the large ones are placed in areas you can easily roll (if they are they are in groups).
>>
>>186908001
>DaS
Favorite: Undead Burg/Parish, Sen's Fortress, Ash Lake, Demon Ruins, New Londo
Least Favorite: Anor Londo, Duke's Archives/Crystal Caves, Catacombs/Tombs of the Giants, Royal Wood

>DaS2:
Favorite: Forest of Fallen Giants, the Gutter, Shulva, Iron Keep
Least Favorite: Harvest Valley/Earthen Peak, Brightstone Cove Tseldora, Blakc Gulch, Frigid Outskirts

>DaS3
Favorite: High Wall of Lothric, Lothric Castle, Irithyll Dungeon, The Dreg Heap
Least Favorite: Farron Keep, Smouldering Lake, , Undead Settlement, Cathedral of the Deep
>>
>>186923414
Giant set and Golem were both great, like fuck they removed absolutely every large upper chest armor in the game, all you have left are thin armors or fat armors, nothing that looks remotely similar top heavy over exaggerate shit got in 1 and 2.
>>
File: 1389219739632.jpg (46KB, 494x366px) Image search: [Google]
1389219739632.jpg
46KB, 494x366px
>>186923997
>>
>>186923414
>No Balder set

That Chest piece was amazing
>>
File: 374320_20170822200814_1.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170822200814_1.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Jesus christ.
>>
>>186924293
What are your favorite and least favorite levels, anon?
>>
>>186903839
>the chime WA stays even after you put it away
Shit, since when? I swear it either disappeared on swap or if I 2handed my other hand's weapon.
I've gotta start playing again.
>>
File: mfw very large ember.png (76KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mfw very large ember.png
76KB, 300x300px
>>186924519
>balder set with ds3 physics cape
FUCK
>>186924560
Z O N E
O
N
E
>>
Are there any "invisible" characters you can put in a name to avoid censor? I want to use Pinhead larry but head and ead are censored
>>
>>186924663
It was always like that, but only with filianore's chime
>>
>>186922643
>since Drangleic is a faraway land
Which is handwaved away as all that "converging lands of the Lords" bullshit. They could have dedicated one of the Lords of Cinder to a part of Drangleic if they wanted, certainly would be better than what we got with Yhorm.
>>
>>186924734
Oh, that'd be why then.
I guess I'll finally use the DLC that's been sitting in my inventory.
>>
>>186924663
It's a property of fili's chime. Instead of applying an visible buff on the weapon (chime), it buffs allies (and you) in an aoe. You can also stack t2 other chime WAs with 1 of fili's (fili's doesn't stack with itself)
>>
>>186922546
2's equivalent is really The Gutter/Black Gulch.
>>
>>186924587
Cathedral of the Deep
>>
File: 1478133159597.png (81KB, 466x486px) Image search: [Google]
1478133159597.png
81KB, 466x486px
>>186923568
>about to go into the girlscout camp to go kill shiva for his shit
>remember there's online activity
>get spooked
I-I'll just kill myself to avoid getting bullied
>>
How do I become Dark Flame Master in the Dark Souls Three?
>>
>>186925505
You can also just not start up DSCM, the regular connectivity is pretty shit and you'd be lucky to get more than 2-3 nodes after a half-hour.
>>
>>186925760
I don't have DSCM running. That's what surprises me so much.
>>
>>186925703
Literally just do a Pyro build.
>>
Way too fucking early, but some shit came up, migrate when at 750.
>>186926316
>>186926316
>>186926316
>>
>>186925206
>fight enemies you've just fought 1-2 hours ago with no new trick pulled on you
>giant gaps of empty spaces where you just walk/run or roll through muck for a solid 30 seconds before the next encounter or item
>some tricks pulled on you are cool, but not really interesting overall compared to the rest of the series (like Patches and the first Giant), others are annoying (bleed mechanic)
>surprising lack of atmosphere considering the theme of the area
>many ladders and elevators feel unnaturally placed for the sake of showing the connections
I'd probably feel differently about the Cathedral of the Deep if it was placed somewhere different than right after High Wall of Lothric - Undead Settlement - Crucifixion Woods. I find myself dropping the game a lot at this zone because, even though it's a "solid level", "just a solid level" is the last thing that's needed after those areas. It needs to surprise more. They could have made the atmosphere way more oppressive considering Aldrich left its mark there. It's not bad, it's just not what the game needed at this part of the game.
>>
>>186926335
>some shit came up
Sure, just make the new general whenever you want in case you're busy later. We all know you're the official general maker, and /dsg/ would just die if it wasn't for you.
Self-important faggot.
>>
>>186926743
>with no new trick pulled on you
With those same enemies I mean, not the new enemies.
>>
>>186926743
I think that Cathedral of the Deep is one of the best areas, layout-wise, in the entire series. It's a large area with a lot of things to do, makes use of both vertical and horizontal design, enemy placement and variety is generally good and phases smoothly into the next segment, and the rooftops gauntlet is absolutely fantastic because it's one of the few areas in the game where you are actually far enough away from a bonfire in either direction to feel threatened. The shortcut design and placement never felt unnatural to me, it actually felt very well planned and thought out.

My main complaint about DaS3 is how safe it makes you feel because of the generous bonfire placement, and Cathedral is the first area which does away with that, for the most part.
>>
How active is DaS2 on PS3? Scholar of course.
>>
File: 20170823024203_1.jpg (1MB, 2902x991px) Image search: [Google]
20170823024203_1.jpg
1MB, 2902x991px
It's time for an armor upgrade.
Almost go hollow in real life farming Drakekeepers. Curse that greathammer one.
Which outfit from the pic is your favourite?
>>
>>186927453
>The shortcut design and placement never felt unnatural to me, it actually felt very well planned and thought out.
They're planned and thought-out in term of gamespace (distance between the beginning of a run and the shortcut), but imo 2/3 of them feel unnatural in their existence (you've got this entire tower in the cemetary dedicated only to a small altar and a kilometer long ladder, why not a square staircase or something at the bottom? Similar thing for the elevator before the Giant, although it's a bit less jarring), the shortcut after Longfinger Kirk feels fine, but the elevator that leads to a crossbow guy which then leads to a bell (with a dude who drops the Deep Ring) feels weird in overall structure, it doesn't feel like that's how bell towers work. Shortcuts like these are one of the main complaints I have about Grand Archives. Why do you put a secret elevator behind a bookcase if you're just going to reveal it completely after the Crystal Sage? It's not secret then. Why does the elevator right before Lothric and after the "last bastion of defense" still work? It completely circumvents what is supposed to be an unpenetrable defense and removes all the tension from assaulting Lothric's place of rest. You also get other kilometer longs ladders in the Ringed City like the secret ones before the Purging Monument or before the Midir boss fights. I generally don't agree with shortcuts that don't make sense worldwise just to connect two places, there are other ways to do it without feeling disjointed and "videogamey" (as in, that which doesn't complement the atmosphere and tone the world of the game is trying to set).
>>
>>186928437
Middle.
>>
>>186928437
I dunno which one is for an alive game
>>
>>186928479
I guess I just don't really feel that level design has that big an impact on atmosphere beyond bonfire placement. It's more an aesthetics thing for me.
>>
>>186928137
I thought SotFS edition was only available for PS4 and XB1.
>>
>>186929108
Nope, GameStop has it on PS3 for $20.
>>
>>186919669
>Darksoulsonounrealengine.jpg
>>
File: 22759.jpg (25KB, 525x604px) Image search: [Google]
22759.jpg
25KB, 525x604px
>>186922002
>NO MANAKIN MASK
>>
>>186929171
Don't be an idiot. SotFS PS360 isn't SoTFS. It's just a GOTY edition with bundled DLC.
>>
What weapon will get me the hugest AR on a pure strength build?

Most fun strength weapon in general?
>>
>>186931152
Suck my dick, nigger.
https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-II-Scholar-First-PlayStation/dp/B00Q03M3LA
>>
>>186932603
Yhorme's for pure phys

Doesn't combo though, so the Greataxe, which IIRC is second highest pure phys AR, will do a lot more damage if you can actually hit with it.

For raw AR, LKGS
>>
>>186932603
Exile Greatsword

Curved Greatswords are the most fun
>>
File: 1464923408534.jpg (41KB, 767x431px) Image search: [Google]
1464923408534.jpg
41KB, 767x431px
>>186932808
>I'm stubborn and wrong
Look buddy. Waste your money, dumb cunts like you deserve to have their money wasted. All you're buying is the PS3 version but with DLC included. SotFS with the changed enemy placements and added features is PC/PS4/X1 only.

You've been warned.
>>
>>186932603

>Most fun strength weapon in general?
Exile Greatsword, Splitleaf Greatsword
>>
File: 1501608005679.jpg (31KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
1501608005679.jpg
31KB, 480x318px
Anyone on PS4 want to co op through Ringed City? Pass is dsg, put signs down at Ringed Inner Wall.
>>
File: 1503247631582.webm (2MB, 711x400px) Image search: [Google]
1503247631582.webm
2MB, 711x400px
What kind of build is this and how do I make one? Looks really fun.
>>
>>186932967
>I'm an idiot because the store pages don't mention this
Yeah, well, you're a cunt.

So how active is DaS2 on PS3?
>>
>>186933601
Oh fuck this looks rad
>>
>>186933594
I can join for a few
>>
>>186933673
Not sure. Probably surprisingly active or at least the most active Non-SotFS Dark Souls 2 version.
>>
>>186934134
Alright. Wanting to play it for some odd reason.
>>
>>186933601
>straight sword and a sheild
>fun
>>
>>186933594
When you did the WA for the War Banner that one time, it more or less impaled my dick
>>
File: 1500067764710.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500067764710.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>186936297
That was the gameplan from the get-go
>>
>>186936426
My sign is at the Shared Grave now, assuming you beat Midir off the bridge
>>
File: 1502512019569.jpg (513KB, 1109x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1502512019569.jpg
513KB, 1109x1432px
Just got the invalid save data message, backed up my saves and started a new blank one. So do I just lay low until the message disappears and restore my old saves? How long do save inspections usually take?
Thread posts: 755
Thread images: 136

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.