[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 753
Thread images: 151

File: navlaan.jpg (103KB, 600x1347px) Image search: [Google]
navlaan.jpg
103KB, 600x1347px
Pulled the lever >>186405162

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
https://pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
https://pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
https://pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
https://pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: http://boards.4chan.org/vg/#s=bbg

>KING'S FIELD
http://pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): https://discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: https://pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral
>>
boise
>>
Iron Dragonslayer Set
>>
File: 1465099674254.jpg (222KB, 889x509px) Image search: [Google]
1465099674254.jpg
222KB, 889x509px
In Dark Souls 1, does the Ring of Sun Princess basically do the same thing as Ring of the Sun's Firstborn?
>>
so is that psndl link for demon's legit?
>>
>>186492608
One is for offensive miracles, the other for heals
>>
File: entotheb.jpg (57KB, 380x669px) Image search: [Google]
entotheb.jpg
57KB, 380x669px
>>
File: gwyndolin clothes souls.png (437KB, 1024x567px) Image search: [Google]
gwyndolin clothes souls.png
437KB, 1024x567px
>>186492357
>like 1000 dmg manikin stunlock combo
At ds2 had poise so you didn't get stun locked unless you were shit

reposting because new thread
>>
>>186492904
>unless you were shit
not everyone is a pro mlg dark souls elite player like (you)
>>
>>186492979
By shit I meant no poise armour.
>>
File: ds3 poise.jpg (32KB, 571x547px) Image search: [Google]
ds3 poise.jpg
32KB, 571x547px
ds3 doesn't have poise
>>
File: 1503001990875.jpg (79KB, 600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1503001990875.jpg
79KB, 600x1066px
>>186492707
Sup y'all this is Marcus also known as Epicnamebro!
Are you guys hyped to see him beat Gael on Saturday?
>>
>>186493156
I'm hyped for him killing Gael and SoC so he drops souls again and "y'all" fags can stop spamming every fucking thread
>>
midir
>>
>>186492441
I want to start ds3 again and I want to use an ultra greatsword, I would like to use either the Zweihander or the Astora Greatsword, in addition I would like to use the Flamberge
Do I need to go full STR build?I think the Astora GS have an high dex requierment but would it be useful if I infuse it with heavy?
>>
>>186493156
I'm curious, do you have a body pillow of him aswell? Your obsession with him hints to yes.
>>
File: 1500402904476.jpg (1MB, 2714x780px) Image search: [Google]
1500402904476.jpg
1MB, 2714x780px
I wanted to start the discussion about this in the last thread but it was almost dead so I wanted to wait for a fresh thread. Would you guys want to see the next Soulslike game take place in a very focused location like Dark Souls 1's Lordran or Bloodborne's Yharnam where most or all of the gameplay takes places place within different areas of a single full location versus DS2 / DeS / DS3 where you had multiple distinct but individually smaller locations?

While I admire DS2 trying to go from a focused area toward the direction of trying to capture the feeling of traveling a vast landscape, the individual areas themselves felt really tiny and in my opinion it detracted from the experience rather than added to it. The DLCs on the other hand felt like really well fleshed out locations. DS3 was a bit better than DS2 in this regard but even still I couldn't help but feel like the game world felt pretty incoherent at times and the transition from Farron Keep via Carthus to Irithyll was very jarring.

I really like this concept art btw, I think it captures the feeling Dark Souls 2 tried to capture but unfortunately kind of failed to execute in the actual game.
>>
>invading depths as darkwraith cosplay
>tfw people actually let me hit my dark hand and steal their humanities
It's not that hard to avoid guys
>>
File: 1465600861584.gif (431KB, 181x140px) Image search: [Google]
1465600861584.gif
431KB, 181x140px
WHAT BUILD SHOULD I MAKE FOR DS1/DS2
>>
>>186494148
Large club, 40 str, 40 end, 40 vitality, pyromancy, giants armor with Havel ring and favor/protection ring. Gg you'll hit like a truck
>>
>>186494148
Something magical, since DaS3 doesn't allow that shit.
Show Memezaki where he went wrong.
>>
>>186494226
Already have one like that with Grant + PW
>>
File: 1500849634900.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500849634900.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>186493274
Nah, he will push Dark Souls 3 to NG+ and after DS3 he'll probably do more Dark Souls 1 again or maybe Demon's Souls/Scholar. He's still "burnt out" on Bloodborne so it'll be a while before we see that on stream.

>>186493812
No, I do not. I do not have any unhealthy interest in the dude and I am not gay. His streams are extremely comfy and I like him as a content creator, that's most of what there to it.
is to it.
>>
>>186494148
Iron Flesh + Dark Bead and Black Flame.
>>
>>186494246
>since DaS3 doesn't allow that shit

Being a pyromancer is great though
>>
>>186494528
Pure Pyro early game was one of the worst experiences of my life.
Once I got CBV it was a bit better, but holy shit you do no damage until late game
>>
>>186494528
Filthy swamp dweller.

>>186494471
Could you just stop spamming the thread with your unhealthy obsession? It's fine that you're in denial, but don't take it out on us.
>>
>>186494590
>Pure Pyro early game was one of the worst experiences of my life

I fucking loved it. Great combustion(+iron flesh) is great. I fucking wrecked shit.
>>
>>186494680
great combustion literally burns through bosses like a knife through butter
>>
>>186494680
Maybe it was because I focussed on upgrading so many different stats at once, but I felt like I had very little HP the entire playthrough - at least way less than melee characters.
I couldn't tank shit lmao
>>
File: ac4 map copy.png (3MB, 4500x2574px) Image search: [Google]
ac4 map copy.png
3MB, 4500x2574px
>>186493898
Different areas that are loosely connected, with individual places you travel to.

It's what From is used to and gives them more freedom of development to make a more varied progression style, and that's what I care about. I don't want a really immersive world if it means you can only play that world one way like DS3 or BB, give me something like DeS or DS2 where you can decide for yourself which areas you want to go to and which areas you don't.
>>
>>186493898
Two simply didn't work. The concept of crossing vast distances across an open countryside can;t carry over to compact, focused (and largely linear) dungeon-crawling and the uncomfortably stilted zone transitions in Two were simple a symptom of that. There's no good way around it without turning the game into something Open-world, which doesn't gel with the design behind any of the souls games.

Three tried to address this by giving an in-universe lore reason for disparate zones to be jammed together in stark, unnatural transitions, but that also gave the impression of distance being completely arbitrary and the length and content of a journey being meaningless. The structure made the gamey-ness of the concept stand out and made it too obvious the player was being railroaded towards a singular point of interest rather than organically traveling towards meaningful locations. There was no sense of discovery.

Bloobdborne's world design had its own wealth of problems but I've ranted enough in /bbg/ about them and the rest of the fanbase is utterly blind to criticism so I won't waste my breath.

DaS1 had the right approach in that it's world design and the way zones connected best utilized the level design's strengths instead of being at odds with them. I think in trying to grow the sense of scope and spectacle with each successive release, they've lost track of what their design philosophy excelled at, and that causes the games with larger, more talented art teams, better graphics and wider worlds to completely miss the grandeur conveyed to the player in simple moments like wandering into Darkroot for the first time and seeing some bushy twig-thing prance towards you through a narrow, overgrown cleft. It's the difference from choosing left instead of right without knowing what lies ahead, entering a new part of the world and stopping to wonder "where the hell am I?" vs following the clearly laid out path to the next area in the fixed sequence.
>>
>>186494890
Exavil is up way further north than that, anon. The satellite image for that mission briefing shows it on the shore of Great Slave Lake up by Yellowknife. It's definitely not on the Great Lakes.
>>
Can you buff the Crescent Axe? It says so on the wiki, but since it's a twinkling weapon and has a small amount of divine damage, I'm thinking not.
>>
>>186495141
you can buff everything untill the next patch
>>
>>186495192
Excuse me?
>>
>>186495192
>next patch
heh
>>
>>186495192
I meant Dark Souls 1, sorry.
>>
File: CK-9tHXWEAASPGl.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CK-9tHXWEAASPGl.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
>>186494667
I am not obsessed nor in denial. I just like discussing when one of my favorite Soulsborne content creators is doing Souls related videos.

And I know that there are people here who also watch him and are interested in his content. I posted about Marcus in /bbg/ if they would be interested in seeing him and his sister tackle Bloodborne togetherENB wanted to trigger his sister into tears with the game since she cried at Oceiros but nobody in /bbg/ was interested in discussing him and his current content is not Bloodborne-relevant anyway so I dropped the subject there until he does BB again. When Marcus is streaming most of the time the guy who announces is not me, there are multiple people here who are interested in his take on Souls and especially TRC. If you don't like it, fine. Nobody is forcing you to. But I like discussing his content whenever it's thread-relevant with other like-minded people.
>>
>>186495324
Whatever fuels your unhealthy obsession man.
>>
>>186494917
>The concept of crossing vast distances across an open countryside can;t carry over to compact, focused (and largely linear) dungeon-crawling

They can in a mission-based game, like DeS. DS2 should have had better zone transitions or cut off the zones from each other story-wise, forcing you to warp between them.

>The structure made the gamey-ness of the concept stand out
That's because they wanted to make sure every player's (reviewer's) experience was the same, so they forced you to fight bosses to clear zones. Both DS1 and DS2, especially the early game, had a shocking number of areas you could access without killing any bosses, through just use of key items.

>DaS1 had the right approach in that it's world design
I agree, but I don't think that's how they should design games in the future. DS1 had a very clear and unique structure, elevator-style with two bells and a bunch of gates and keys letting you move up and down them. But the problem is that if you tried to replicate it, you'd end up creating literally DS1's world again. You can't make a "horizontal" world with those kind of shortcuts (that's how you get BB), and you can't create a vertical world without either making it a linear climb/descent or doing the two bells thing again.
>>
>>186495192
>>186495265
They better patch that shit. Either that or just make it redundant by allowing everything to be buffed as is.
>>
>>186495324
I know "autism" gets thrown around enough to the point of losing its punch but seriously dude, seek help.
>>
>>186495414
>Can buff Dragonslayer Axe
Whoever thought this was okay should be shot.
>>
>>186495414
i think they should just keep it as is, so that it remains a thing that you have to go out of your way for.
>>
>>186495078
Ah, fuck, you're right. My burger brain read "great lake" and assumed it was the US great lakes.

It's an old image and doesn't even have half the locations on it (I haven't added BFF's antartica and south america locations, nor places in ACFA). I hate AC4's gameplay but it's good pretty great world design.

AC3's separate biomes in Layered is also top-tier world design too.
>>
>>186495549
>complaining about DSA when Crux exists
>>
>>186495626
I tend to pretend it doesn't exist, no way in hell that shit was supposed to be that way on release.
>>
>>186495141
>>186495271
In DS1, you cannot buff it unless you abuse the tumblebuffing glitch.
>>
>>186495549
>>186495626
>>186495705

I'm guessing it exists solely because they wanted the image of creighton buffing it before wrecking your shit, so they made it buffable for no other reason.
>>
>>186495826
>Yellowfinger Heysel buffs her Pick
>You can't buff Heysel's Pick
Surely I look wrong all the time and she's just using Steady Chant, right? Riiiight?
>>
>>186495414
>Blessed Weapon on BKGS
That'll be the day.
>>
>>186495927
I never saw Heysel buff her pick, must be steady chant
>>
>>186496286
I could swear I see her using Magic Weapon every fucking time, it always trigger me so fucking much.
I really hope I'm seeing wrong.
>>
>>186496390
It's steady chant.
But it does boost her damage on the pick.
Same for us too.
>>
>try out a new game
>initially hate it and end up dropping it
>come back a year or two later to give it another try
>think it's the best game ever

why does this always happen?
>>
>>186497168
Games that don't worry about first impressions tend to focus on long-term replay value and good gameplay, so they often get underappreciated because players can't get into them.

Games that are designed for giving good first impressions are usually very shallow past the first few levels and they make you appreciate games that have better gameplay.

To normies, souls games are all like that. Iv'e had a lot of friends try dark souls and then drop it within 5 minutes because the input buffer, deadzones, and action queuing feels so wrong that they can't stand it, but then they come back a year or two later (without the peer pressure of "prepare to die lol") and realize it's not so bad and can now appreciate the effort put into the game.
>>
File: 1497139971120.jpg (512KB, 1950x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1497139971120.jpg
512KB, 1950x1380px
>>186494917
Yep, I agree with you mostly on the Dark Souls 2 and 3 open world problems.

I would say though that Lothric High Wall+Castle worked really well as it's own "contained" section and I think that the world design of 3 would've been much better if they had done of the following :

The progression of the game would start from Cemetary of Ash but go into a different direction, with CoA having a path that leads you into the Road of Sacrifices and from there the game forking you either towards Irithyll+Profaned Capital or towards Farron Keep and Lothric. Cathedral of the Deep would be "optional" but if you don't get the key from there you will be forced to face a much tougher Pontiff beast as a boss when you go to Irithyll. Profaned Capital would be accessed from Demon Ruins / Smoldering Lake instead of Irithyll Dungeon. Oceiros is a Lord of Cinder instead of the living meme he is now.

Farron Mausoleum would be standing against the cliff on top of which Lothric resides and after Abyss Watchers you can enter Lothric Dungeon (essentially Irithyll Dungeon) but you travel up through the mountain instead of down). The entirety of Lothric will be an "end-game tiered area" but the kicker is that the darksign sky will appear after killing any two Lords and it will buff enemies in the remaining areas, causing stronger red eyes variants of enemies and extra spawns to appear. So essentially you get to decide a bit better where you go early but as a balancing element the final two lord areas will get harder.
>>
>>186496251
I'd be more afraid of Blessed Weapon Hollowslayer. BKGS is still an Ultra, it's main disadvantage is how easy it is to roll.
>>
File: 1501450359678.png (114KB, 476x3182px) Image search: [Google]
1501450359678.png
114KB, 476x3182px
>>186495451
>>186495378
>liking a Souls content creator's content in a Souls thread is now "autism" or "obsession"
Alrighty then
>>
>>186498773
Nothing to do with liking a souls content creator, people post about Lobosjr at times, but they don't dig down in his personal life and spam about him 24/7 for no purpose.

You're seriously in a sick state of denial, you really should consider help as >>186495451 stated
>>
>play through all 3 souls games again using a different playstyle
>Beat 1 as Giant Dad. No major problems outside Artorias.
>Beat SotFS as Hexer, no major problems outside of FUCKING SIR ALLONE WORST BOSS
>Play through 3 as Bowman, forced to go Strength/Dex halfway through at Aldrich/Yhorm/Dancer gauntlet

3 really pigeonholes you into that Str/Dex if you are trying to play it for the first time in awhile... The only bosses I could comfortably use a bow exclusively on and not be gimped compared to melee were Pontiff, Nameless and Greatwood.
>>
>>186498773
This amount of preoccupation is. And you're using the same images as that dude who wrote the enbXsis fic and the spam about "giving enb a handy". I'd wager that you coincidentally use the same filenames too
>>
>>186499062
what's crazy is that it was so much worse with the pigeonholing at launch.
>>
>>186499062
Yeah what >>186499208 said.
The only way to go at all was quality.
>>
>>186499208
At least now there is a bit more build diversity.

>>186499062
Not being able to infuse bows kinda sucks. Yeah, I know it might be a conscious attempt to make people use the different kinds of arrows more but it's still sucking penis compared to elemental bows of DS1 and 2.
>>
>>186499679
>A bit more diversity
>Melee or bust
>Straightsword are still the cancer of the game
>Poise is still a giant fucking meme
>Only spells viable are pyromancy
Yeah, fuck off.
>>
So be honest with me /dsg/ I have vanilla DaS2 and all the DLC, is there any reason to bother with SotFS?
>>
>>186499062
>having problems with Alonne but not Raime, who literally eats Dark damage for breakfast
And Giant Dad is not a build, it's literally just a minmaxed two-handed melee build.
>>
>>186499887
>Not a build
>Just a min/maxed two-handed melee build
Sort of makes it a build, but fuck if I know.
>>
>>186499845
Scholar will probably have a lot more summons/invaders, if you don't care about that then there's no reason to buy it. Maybe if you bought it during the summer sale
>>
>>186499845
Much more active online. New boss and NPC invasions. Runs better.

Not worth it unless you're okay spending an extra $15 and replaying from scratch for those things, and even then it's DEFINITELY not worth it at the full price of $40. So until the next sale, probably no point in buying it.

There was a free upgrade period that you missed out on.
>>
>>186499845
Yes. Buy it on Steam during a sale for $10. Even if you don't care about the PvP, it makes a shitload of changes to the single player part of it.
>>
File: 20170818120305_1.jpg (459KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170818120305_1.jpg
459KB, 1920x1080px
Hey guys check out this thing I made for fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzgGVT0Z__0&t=2s
>>
>>186499845
If you want online activity, yes.
>>
File: 1446689057610.gif (2MB, 395x313px) Image search: [Google]
1446689057610.gif
2MB, 395x313px
>>186500002
>DS3
>pyro
>duels
>pvp montage
>>
>>186500297
You clearly mean the reverse, right? Because SotFS is the one that's designed to run at 60 FPS on all platforms and adds a shitload of summons and invaders.
>>
>>186500381
>any reason to bother with sotfs
Unless you consider those to be positive
>>
>>186499887
Fume nig went down on first attempt. I dunno what you are talking about, Dark Hail and Orb chunked him. I almost never had to change off dark damage and when I did I was a very effective Pyromancer. .
>>
>>186500519
That doesn't make your post any less false, regardless of your opinion of the game.
>>
File: 1501962007448.png (14KB, 166x166px) Image search: [Google]
1501962007448.png
14KB, 166x166px
>>186500002
That was pretty boring to look at and I closed the video 2 minutes in. But I genuinely do hope you had fun making this.
>>
>>186497930
this sounds so good it makes me even more pissed off
>>
>>186500845
this>>186500519 isn't me.
I haven't played sotfs but I heard it has lower fps but more summons
>>
File: ds3 warp mod.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ds3 warp mod.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>186497930
>>186500927
this is literally all they needed to do
>>
>>186500127
>>186500884
Lol, pretty much expected this reaction from 4chan. But I had a ton of fun making it.
>>
>>186499062
>play through all 3 souls games again using different playstyle
>Beat 1 with OP cookiecutter build
>Beat SotFS with OP cookiecutter build
>Play through 3 with a meme build and fail
not blaming you or anything, perhaps it was just a coincidence, but it sounds funny and biased.
>>
>>186500845
The point is that the positive of sotfs is the relative negative of vanilla, in both cases it's reason to pick sotfs. >>186500297 is unorthodox but not wrong
>>
>>186501336
It's not disliking for the sake of disliking. My attention span for these kind of videos is fucking short and your playstyle is kind of uninteresting to me.
>>
>>186500958
it has much higher FPS, I can't imagine how you get lower FPS on SOTFS given that it runs on DX11 compared to DX9 and has the exact same graphics otherwise.
>>
>>186500958
Then you heard wrong. Vanilla DaS2 on PC is a shitty dumbed down port that only runs at 30 FPS, while SotFS is optimized to run at 60 FPS. The only way SotFS would run worse on the same computer is if you have a literal toaster.
>>
>>186493129
>5 games
>one has poise
>one has hybrid system between hyperarmor and poise
>three have hyperarmor
why would anyone expect ds3 to have ds1 poise when 2 games between them didn't have it?
>>
>>186501703
DS1's Poise is the stability stat from Armored Core, and DS1 was an experiment at adding it into souls. DS2 and DS3 make much more sense for a melee game.
>>
what's the point of the purging monument when velka does the same thing?
>>
>>186501483
My playstyle? I used 4 different weapons and 4 different pyromancies. You only watched 2 minutes, so I really can't take your criticism as very valid under these conditions. You should check out the other matches then tell me how you feel.
>>
>>186501986
You can revive Argo
>>
>>186502091
velka can revive argo too
>>
>>186501986
It's convenient to have it nearby or something
>>186502091
You can also do that at Velka's.
>>
>>186501986
>>186502091
Not him but, You can revive Argo from Velka also.

I think the only reason the Purging Monument exists is to show players that they -can- revive Argo, since it's not intuitive that you would go all the way back to some shithole statue behind a locked door once you're already in the Ringed City. Otherwise 99% of players would never have discovered it.
>>
File: 374320_20170402025155_1.png (2MB, 1680x948px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170402025155_1.png
2MB, 1680x948px
>>186502091
glorious japanese coding
>>
>>186501986
You can reset the Spear of the Church bossfight from that.
Also, I can't wait for ENB's reaction when he finds out the "Velka lore connection" that people hyped him up about in TRC is just that ass-ugly monument.
>>
>>186502140
>>186502158
Wait what. I legitimately never used Velka's Statue so I didn't know
>>
>>186499887
>It's not a build, it's just a build

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>186501971
>DaS3
>Getting staggered in the heaviest armor by a fucking rat or some dude with a knife
>Made more sense
I don't even know if you guys are trolling anymore.
>>
>>186493898
I speak as an invader who likes to mix up where I invade so as not to get bored of the scenery.

I think trying to compromise the two together works best. It's nice for multiple areas to have a similar theme so that you have room to explore it. For example, you have your ice world, but that ice world contains three different styles of ice world level which phases into the next world theme, so if you really love ice worlds you still aren't going to get bored.

It means there is less laser focus on theme and thus more opportunity to fuck it up, but that's a risk you take.

Honestly, I just want the games to be bigger so that the themes can be fully fleshed out and transitioned more smoothly. I enjoyed the level design and disparity of theme in DaS3, but the transitions were awkward and felt jarring at times, and a lot of design space was ignored completely.

I would have liked Carthus Catacombs to have a follow up section which is more open-ended and trap-filled, perhaps taking design cues from Sen's Fortress. There's also a design gap between Carthus and Irithyll which could have been interesting, and another between Farron Keep and Carthus that just screams for a desert area. The transition between Irithyll Dungeon and Profaned Capital was fantastic and felt natural, but the Profaned Capital zone itself was garbage.

You could say that at this stage it just becomes a checklist of themes to tick off, but is there anything wrong with that? As long as the design is good and the transitions are smooth, you can get away with calling it 'retro' to avoid people complaining about genericity.
>>
>>186501986
For Lapp's quest.
>>
File: SotFS_Raime.jpg (2MB, 1428x820px) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_Raime.jpg
2MB, 1428x820px
Just how do I defeat this nignog, /dsg/?

His first phase is piss easy but he always kills me a few seconds into his second. His attacks are so slow, I can never time my rolls correctly. I'm running a dex build with Ricard's rapier.
>>
>>186502559
>poise allows you to just stand in front of bosses and spam R1 without doing anything else until they die
nice design
>>
>>186502990
>Bosses use daggers now
Nice argument you dumbfuck.
>>
>>186502689
If we're talking about making the DaS3 zones longer, or add more transition zones, then making them nonlinear is also an absolute requirement.

But I get what you're saying. Farron Keep to Carthus Catacombs gave me whiplash, and Carthus Catacombs to Irithyll snapped my head clean off.

Lore-wise, Carthus was literally a desert. Why the fuck is it connected to a swamp. Why the fuck are the abyss watchers there. Why the fuck does the exit lead to Irithyll. Where the fuck is the sand?
>>
>>186502480
The implication of the original post was that playing as Giant Dad is somehow a challenge run or different from playing normally (like playing Hexer in the game where the DLCs laugh at casters, or a bow-only run). When in fact it's just the most efficient way of playing the game normally.

Saying that you beat the game as Giant Dad is like saying that you beat the game without using summons.
>>
>>186502559
DaS1 poise was retarded
DaS3 hyperarmour is retarded
DaS2 poise/hyperarmour combo is great! But the numbers are jacked to fuck and basically nonfunctional.

From Softwareâ„¢
>>
>>186503091
>>186502689
I would've loved a desert zone. Something like Gael's arena. Finding out that I can't explore the huge desert at the end of TRC was so disappointing to me.
>>
>>186502975
RobFlynn with Old Leo and Brightbug. Also level Vigor and don't get greedy with your attacks, only hit him once or twice for each combo of his that you dodge.
>>
>>186503197
>X was disappointing
Dark Soulsâ„¢ III
>>
>>186503089
>moving goalposts
heh
>>
>>186499062
You're clearly not supposed to use a bow as your primary weapon in any of the games. It just wasn't designed for it.

Spellcasting being amazing in 2 was a wonderful quirk, but it was still a quirk.
>>
>>186503284
Dark Souls 3 is my favorite of the series and disappointed me less than any of the other games.
>>
>>186503181
DaS2 had the BEST system of all 3 games, too bad the numbers were abysmal.

Sadly Memezaki pretended that DaS2 never existed, since he only worked on it as some sort of guidiance and probably looked ill upon it and decided to just gut it.

>>186503284
Basically the entirety of DaS3, it had high hopes and didn't deliver anything than closure so we could move on and stop hoping for a great sequel.
>>
>>186503284
The most painful thing about Dark Souls 3 is looking at what it could/should have been, had they just put a little more effort/money into it.
>>
File: 374320_20160831021128_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160831021128_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I wish transfering items between characters was just as easy in DS2 as is in DS3.
DS3 linearity really substracts replayability, and I often find myself losing interest after Road of Sacrifices, but I can use any weapon from the start once I got it with another character thanks to the password mechanic.
DS2 despite allowing the least linear proggresion (without difficulty spikes), has most of the cool and fun weapons locked behind mid to end game content and there's no passwords to bypass this.
It's too easy to get softbanned in DS2 and you don't even get notified, so that's out of question for me.
>>
>>186503410
Miyazaki being a petty fuck and tossing the baby out with the bathwater was one of the worst things to happen to DaS3. So many genuine steps forward could have been preserved, but no, it was all tossed, garbage and great ideas alike.
>>
>>186503241
Thanks anon. I'm already using RoB and Old Leo. I'm not having any problems with damage output, simply with getting hit by everything he throws at me in his second phase. I swear I can't dodge anything.
>>
>>186503181
DS3 went back to DeS system, but attached actual numbers to it now. Now to think about it DS3 takes a lot of shit directly from DeS:
>infusions
>mana
>hyperarmor
>characters
>storm ruler/morion blade
Miyazaki is a genius.
>>
>>186502975
Roll toward his sword, not away. Time your rolls by looking at when his arms actually move to attack, not when he starts to wind up. Also, his phase shift swaps left and right since he starts swinging in the opposite direction.

Pack on fire and dark defense, since his second phase is almost entirely elemental damage.

Flynn's Ring and Leo Ring absolutely.

Maybe poke with your rapier behind a rebel's greatshield with baneful bird ring, so that you don't have to roll from his slow attacks, just block them.

Keep your health up above half, since he loves to punish estus and lifegems.

Make sure you kill all the ashen idols.

"I am running out of estus fighting fume knight"
>raise your defenses
>increase your damage

"I am not running out of estus fighting fume knight"
>change your strategy and when you roll
>use a shield more
>>
File: 1501634664455.gif (233KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1501634664455.gif
233KB, 480x270px
Hey, Dark Saint Bident is pretty good.
>>
>>186503714
He just connected it all into one game and made a closure. A pathetic attempt to tell everybody; "I'm done with the Souls series, now fucking shut up about it".
>>
>>186502975
Go in with Velstadt's armour, it lowers his defences in
>>
>>186503648
If you want to learn his second phase, just put on Velstadt's helm. Raime will get pissed and buff his FUGS right away.

Some people find the second phase easier since you only have to keep your eye on the one sword instead of two. He has more vulnerability windows too (the slow 270-degree swing and the fireball swirly) that allow you to back off and heal.
>>
>>186503318
>You're clearly not supposed to use a bow as your primary weapon in any of the games
DeS would like a word with you. The Lava bow tears up everything in that game, even if you don't have the stats to wield it.

Although, aside from that exception you're spot on.
>>
>>186503535
That only counts for the DLC weapons in DS2. Every weapon that is post-drangleic castle has an equivalent version you can get pre-drangleic castle in early game.
>>
>>186503367
Take your trash-ass, bottom-of-the-barrel, blank-corn-flake-no-milk-ass, dead-skin-in-the-cracks-of-your-controller-tier taste out of here.
>>
>>186503769
Not as good as heavy bident with DMB, but dark infused is definitely one of the best weapons for pyro builds.
>>
>>186503181
>>186503410
I don't get why you guys keep saying poise values were too low to work in DS2. Sounds like you were expecting it to be just as broken as it was in DS1.
When wearing heavy armor, it allowed you to take 2-3 hits without staggering, more than enought to hit back and stunlock for a few hits if they weren't wearing heavy armor.
Did you expect to be completely safe from being staggered?
>>
File: 1486351713225.gif (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486351713225.gif
3MB, 1280x720px
Redpill me on Wolf Knight Greatsword
>>
>>186503732
Great advice, thanks. I never run out of estus and barely use any up until his second phase. Going to go in with Flynn's now. My strength is too low for any greatshield but I have plenty of leftover souls to level that.

>>186503810
I forgot that this was a thing, thanks.
>>
>>186503535
>It's too easy to get softbanned in DS2 and you don't even get notified, so that's out of question for me.
That meaning CE and other bannable methods.

>>186503837
Most of my favourite weapons are from DLC.
>>
>>186503974
I mostly mean the regeneration rate. It's incredibly slow.

A few poise damage values could also be tweaked, I guess.
>>
What's the usual level of gankers in road of sacrifices?
>>
>>186504046
It's a greatsword, 8/10
>>
>>186503974
>it allowed you to take 2-3 hits without staggering
Only tiny hits in pve. PvP poise values are fucked.

The complaints about the poise numbers in DS2 is that in pvp, 2Hing your weapon automatically raised it's poise damage high enough that no player could avoid stagger without hyper poise. It means that every player has an easy way to make poise useless, but if you want to use poise, you have to compromise your entire build around using it.

In other words, the poise damage boost from 2Hing and running attacks (and various other attacks and weapon classes, not just 2Hing) was so high that they became a free hard counter against any poise user. Since everyone could hard counter you by just pressing a single button, it made poise risky/pointless to use. It relied on other players literally forgetting poise existed.
>>
>>186504046
>second longest gs right after onyx blade
>shitty R2
>stance R1 (spin) is alright
>stance R2 (jump) is worthless
Addition of Gael's GS completely removed any reason to use it.
>>
>>186504214
SL25+2 to SL40+3. Hosts and phantoms usually level a little higher because invaders have high upsearch range.

>>186504046
Great in PvE because it gets 20% extra damage against dark bosses like Midir, and the special R2s/L2s moves do REALLY high damage.

Mediocre/bad in PvE because you'll never land those moves unless no one is paying attention to you, and there are better weapons for that, like Farron.
>>
>>186504186
>I mostly mean the regeneration rate. It's incredibly slow.

Or, like DS3, they should just make it regenerate fully after ~5-10 seconds of not being hit
>>
What is this Collector's Edition that is spoken of in the readme ? I never heard that there was a difference between the normal game and the collector's one. Searching on google only brings up the product collector's edition.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (13KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
13KB, 384x384px
>>186503473
Going back to DaS2 and seeing all the cool things they had and how effective so many of them were, and then seeing how none of them were brought to DaS3 has legitimately almost brought me to tears once or twice.
>>
>>186504186
>I mostly mean the regeneration rate. It's incredibly slow.
If I remember right, it gets refilled instantly after getting poise-broken. Otherwise, shitters would just backpedal and wait for it to refill.
Of course it could be better, but I think it's the better poise system of all 3 games. And I usually use light/medium armor so I can't abuse it anyway.

>>186504240
I doubt every weapon could do that, probably only the heaviest, sames as DS3.
I remember I did a fair share of PvP with a halberd, always 2h, and poise monsters would trade hits with me and fuck me over.
>>
>>186504619
Please tell me this is some sort of joke.
Collector's Edition -> C. E. -> Cheat Engine.
I mean, how can it be hard to put 2 and 2 together?
>>
i went through all of x-1 in demon souls do i just do all of x-2 now and so on?
>>
>>186504485
Honestly I just want an anti gank build for the forest.
>>
File: Star_Souls.png (1MB, 817x1121px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Souls.png
1MB, 817x1121px
Reposting fresh OC from yesterday.
>>
SL30 or SL35 for Cathedral invasions?

+3 or +4?
>>
>>186504753
Unfortunately it is not. Thanks for the answer Anon.
>>
this general is only:
> :v DS3 IS BETTER
> no LE EBIN DS2 IS FAR SUPERIOR
nice general mates.

post PvE (the intended way of playing this games) builds for the most useless weapon you can think of (no fucking broken sword or that shit, unless is ds1) any game.
>>
>>186502229
is that a maldron build
>>
>>186505150
Easily 35 with +4/5.
>>
>>186505216
Fuck off cunt
>>
>>186505216
Sod off
>>
>>186505235
I worry about going to +4 though because most players will still be +3 when they go to the Cathedral, and those who aren't will have gone through Carthus and probably be +5 already. Logically it just opens me up to greater adversity.
>>
>>186505150
Cathedral sees constant activity from SL25+2 to SL40+4. People who kill Crystal Sage right away enter it at lower levels, while people who don't realize you need the Small Doll to enter Irithyll will come back after clearing Carthus.
>>
File: Satisfaction.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Satisfaction.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>186504046
it's fun
>>
>>186505216
Go Bannon yourself.
>>
>>186505337
I typically always do Cathedral right after Road of Sacrifice, because it's one of the decent levels in the game, too bad about the horrendous boss fight though.

I also think most people would go there, to make sure the that poison infested area will be easier, together with the Abyss Watchers boss fight.
>>
>>186505150
SL35 gives you Carthus phase 1/2 as well, which is cool

Dunno about weapon level. +4 is probably legit. It's hard to reach cathedral without at least a +3 weapon.
>>
>>186504820
depends on what's your build is (or will be) really
>dex builds get cool stuff in 1-x
>str get dragon bone smasher in 2-3
>latria is full of caster shit and a magic teacher
>shrine is whatever, but fth teacher is in 4-2
>valley is a pile of shit all around, but you get some cool fth shit there
>>
>>186505497
But I don't trust the matchmaking system not to pull some bullshit like always matching with the strongest host possible along with his three overlevelled phantom buddies.
>>
>>186505515
>Strength builds get Dragon Bone Smasher in 2-3
Where? I fucking missed it. Please don't tell me World Tendency have something to do with it.

Also:
>Valley is a pile of shit all around
Fuck off, great area.
>>
>>186505649
Yeah I think you needed white tendency, its at the dragon god boss fight.
>>
>>186505461
>filename isn't AWOO.webm
>>
>>186505602
Dude, you're playing Garbage Souls Tres. Everybody and their mother is a bloody twink.

>>186505714
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
File: f211e2_5884244.jpg (149KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
f211e2_5884244.jpg
149KB, 1191x670px
>>186503816
I might try that, thanks.

By the way, I read somewhere that it's possible to prevent Fume Knight from entering his second phase altogether if you punish him relentlessly enough. I've tried many times, but to no avail. Is it true or was that person talking shit?
>>
>>186505649
RIP
>>
>>186504046
artorias cosplay and nothing else
>>
>>186505649
You need pure white world tendency in stonefang, DBS is in the dragon god boss arena, when you enter it turn left.
I like valley, but beyond istarelle, mirdan hammer, large sword of moonlight and regenerator ring there's not much to it when it comes to drops.
>>
File: from software evolution small.png (235KB, 1875x1500px) Image search: [Google]
from software evolution small.png
235KB, 1875x1500px
>>186504652
always one step forward two steps back

>>186504691
>I doubt every weapon could do that, probably only the heaviest, sames as DS3.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-iCrOdAGp3uQ9I0VgQYU2Ug2d4w2PbQZhBnobLakaMs/pubhtml
80 poise is easily obtainable (knight's set + ring of giants+2), 160 poise is max possible and heavily crippling. The 1H R1 values are perfect.

1H values
>80 poise: R1: Straight Sword and below, R2: Rapiers and below
>160 poise, or 80 with Hyper poise: R1: all weapons R2: greataxe and below

But it's fucked when you look at 2H R2s or running attacks
>80 Poise: NOTHING
>160 poise: Daggers and (some) rapiers only
>320 poise (160 with hyper poise): greataxe and below

So trying to build up 80 poise is just wasting a ring slot, and building up 160 poise only works if you have an ultra and you are constantly forced to spam attacks, which defeats the purpose of an ultra user since attack spamming is always going to be terrible against dagger and rapier users that can poke you on recovery.
>>
Best invasion spots for sl 125?
>>
>ember up
>equip way of blue
>dried finger
>hide in the level and watch people fight when possible

why is this so fun for me
>>
>>186506083
Because making blues deal with Irithyll Dungeon Jailors AND an Invader serves them right.

>>186505997
I like its design and heard a lot of rumors about it, was clueless when I never found it on my way.
>>
File: Oh my.gif (3MB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
Oh my.gif
3MB, 426x426px
How does the black knight ultra greatsword handle?
>>
>>186506259
it sucks
>>
>>186506364
Damn that's too bad. How bout Valorheart? I'm trying to find weapons that look good with ornstein's set
>>
Fuck it, I'll just make one SL30+3 and one SL35+4 and compare the two

This is going to be a tedious few days.
>>
>>186506440
It'll take you literally a day to do all that.
>>
>>186505859
I've done it once. I had a glass cannon DPS build and killed him in about twenty seconds, he never changed phases.
>>
>>186506083
Because you hate blues and want to watch them get raped by dark spirits
>>
>>186506259
It's fun, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Losing the true combo sucked, but it had to be done since you otherwise had a UGS that will kill any player from full health if you land an R1 at close range.
>>
>>186506506
>Implying I am dedicated enough to the concept to do it all in one go

Fuck that
>>
>>186506440
>few days
>when it takes 20 minutes to do with CE
>>
File: ornstein.png (2MB, 1024x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ornstein.png
2MB, 1024x2048px
How well does the dragonslayer spear work without points in faith? I'm trying to get an ornstein going but I'm wondering if I should reroll
>>
>Invade
>Blue spawns in front of me
>Absolutely refuses to fight me alone, chugs all his estus and dies to rollcatch dagger while attempting to catch up with host who is rushing through the level without fighting anything

Blues are truly despicable creatures. The entire covenant is basically people who want to pvp but are deathly afraid that they might actually have to be good at the game.
>>
File: XBAxd3O.png (155KB, 540x446px) Image search: [Google]
XBAxd3O.png
155KB, 540x446px
>>186502990
that's not true tho

also
>muh minmaxed build that i went of of my way to make, following a guide on how to make the game easy, makes the game easy, wooooooooooooooooow

that's the beauty of das
it allows you to have fun in every way possible
>>
>>186506784
Can't CE in estus items or ashes brah. I didn't avoid a softban this long by being a moron.

Of course I'm going to CE in all the items.
>>
>>186506961
Maybe he just wants DMB and doesn't give a flying fuck about you or your pvp ''''''''''''''skill''''''''''''''
>>
>>186507074
t. salty blue
>>
>>186506854
barely any gains
go 27/40 and force-buff LB on it
>>
>>186507047
Of course you can. Just turn off auto-save and don't spawn more than you can obtain in one playthrough.
t. someone who did that on 4 characters without getting b&
>>
>>186507154
In 3? I thought 27/40 was dks 1
>>
>>186506854
The Faith scaling is utter shit, you're literally getting less than 30 more points of Lightning damage by going from 10 to 40 Faith.
>>
>>186506854
it's a quality spear, so go figure
>>
>>186507193
you don't even have fth requirements. the spear just gains +33 lightning dmg at 40fth
>>
>>186506961
>implying he's under any obligation to fight you "fairly" in an invasion
He was doing the right thing. If he wanted to participate in duelfaggotry he'd put down a Red Sign somewhere or use the Arena.
>>
File: ds3 scaling.png (60KB, 1020x609px) Image search: [Google]
ds3 scaling.png
60KB, 1020x609px
>>186507193
26/40 is DS3. DS3 rounds up, DS1 rounds down.
>>
>>186505859
velstadt looks buff
raime looks like some fedora-tipping edgelord's wet dream

reminds me of that "chad vs virgin" meme
>>
>>186507145
But I like bullying blues.
>>
>>186507434
>26/40 is DS3. DS3 rounds up
No, you fucking retard. Stop repeating shit that other people say without checking it yourself, it's been proven repeatedly that it's still 27/40 in DaS3. You just stay at 26 since two-handing bonuses are most efficient with even numbers.
>>
>>186507392
You wot m8

Are you really arguing that running away and getting rollcaught to death was the smart play?
>>
File: nashandra cosplay.png (4MB, 1910x1047px) Image search: [Google]
nashandra cosplay.png
4MB, 1910x1047px
>>186505859
I had a long Fume Knight fight (was helping an host who was in NG+ lot it seemed) where he just never went into his second phase. I think he goes in his second phase if he isn't aggroing on someone, and since somebody was always hugging him he just kept on attacking
also, time for another "what kind of cosplay is this" episode
she summoned npcs for sinh, because feeva's 6 damage lightning spears are so useful
she also wouldn't heal at some point even though sinh wasn't aggroing on her, had to try to pop a token of fidelity but sinh didn't let me, she did heal eventually thankfully
>>
>>186506961
I'm a blue who just wants shitters to be able to play in peace without getting bullied. I try to duel if I'm alone, but if another blue or host comes help me gank, sure thing, let's bully some reds.
I'm not very good at pvp though, but I feel like I'm still better than most other blues I see, somehow.
>>
File: Untitled-3.png (445KB, 1016x391px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.png
445KB, 1016x391px
>>186507434
dumbass
>>
>>186507668
No, I'm arguing that his refusal to fight you 1 on 1 was the right thing to do. He just executed it poorly and was a shitter who got rollcaught.

Just as a red invader's job is to kill the host (or grief him enough to make him want to kill himself), a blue spirit's job is to keep the host alive by any means necessary. Yes, you can just fight the red and kill him, but when he has mobs on his side there's no reason not to pull out every advantage you can possibly get.

Besides, blues also get their Ears when the host enters the boss fog. If the host was just rushing to the end of the level in this case, then why risk losing out when you could instead join up with the host and escort him?
>>
>>186507847
Doesn't take much. Knowing that there are other buttons than R1 is enough to be better than most blues.
>>
>>186508029
Might have started off as the right choice, but it became the wrong choice somewhere between his second and third estus sip without making a single attack. Not even a turn and burn.
>>
I'm a casting pyro and I'm wondering whether to transpose black serpent or wolnirs holy sword?
Which is better?
is black serpent a good spell? If it's good, I want to make it now so I can go through smouldering lake easier
>>
>>186508326
He was probably in panic mode and not thinking clearly
>>
>>186507693
>where he just never went into his second phase
He has a specific overhead smash attack that "warms up" his sword and if he never does it, he can't go into his second phase.
>>
>>186508448
Black Serpent is a good spell. Wolnir's is a shit weapon for anything but Str-Fai builds.

If you want both, transpose the spell and ask someone here to drop you Wolnir's.
>>
>attune Force for Pontiff's backyard invasions
>not expecting anything much of it, people won't fall for this meme
>on an 8 invasions win streak because dumb hosts fall for it when I'm using white branch
>>
File: help me.jpg (921KB, 1909x1047px) Image search: [Google]
help me.jpg
921KB, 1909x1047px
poor royal swordsman
>>
>>186508745
Force is OP in invasions in basically any level with verticality. Separates people, knocks dudes off cliffs, bloody wonderful.
>>
>>186506259
It's a UGS, and probably one of the best ones. In the Top 3 most likely.
1HR2 has retardedly good tracking, 2HR2 used to combo of a 2HR1 if you did it right, but not anymore sadly. Still hits hard as shit though, but only really useful in PvE.
Also has both the vertical 2HR1 and the horizontal 1HR1, which is a bonus.
Weakest part is probably the WA, which is generic Stomp shit, which it shares with Fume.
As a PvE weapon, it's top tier (20% bonus damage against Demons, 1hits every low tier mob, 2hits higher tiers) but in PvP you'll probably struggle.
>>
>>186508582
okay I just used this spell and it takes care of crowds really quickly. Why do people shit on it so much?
>>
>>186509128
They don't.

Black Serpent is more a pvp thing though. It's damage is just average and you'd be better off using black flame or black fire orb for pve.
>>
File: b-team ragdolls.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
b-team ragdolls.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>186508852
Ragdolls in DaS2 could be pretty funny.
>>
>>186506259
It's an ultra greatsword and on the low end of them. It has the vertical UGS moveset and is the shorter range of them on par with Cathedral Knight. It doesn't have thrusting R2s save on the 1H version which doesn't have as much range compared to regular thrusts. The damage is really good on a quality build but to maximize it you won't be able to poisestack as much compared to a 60 STR Greatsword/FUGS build. The WA is also the same as FUGS and blocks damage during attacks from the front but it doesn't stun people who hit so it's still worthless. And like every vertical UGS it has an R1>Jump Attack combo so you can at least do good damage if you ever do hit with it.
>>
>>186509202
it takes down crowds really fast though
>>
>tfw no enb
>>
File: 1454427306903.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454427306903.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>186509210
>>
>>186509341
l-lewd
>>
>>186509341
You need to spoiler lewd stuff anon, we've been through this multiple times.
>>
File: 1499292058876.jpg (61KB, 893x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499292058876.jpg
61KB, 893x1080px
Haven't played for three months.

What are the meme builds of the current time? Anything I need to watch out for?
>>
>>186509635
Heavy Splitleaf is the main one to keep an eye on, really.
>>
File: 335300_20170103203049_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
335300_20170103203049_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I want to play a souls game but I played DS3 too many times it's not fun, I need to take a long break from it, DS1 bring some bitter memories back (unrelated to the game) and I'm not ready to go back yet and it's the same with DeS.

What are some really fun builds and weapons in DS2? Anything goes but I'm only interested in PvE.
Pic related is a Caestus -> Bone Fist I did last year.
>>
File: Dark Souls 3 tier list 1.6.jpg (3MB, 6800x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3 tier list 1.6.jpg
3MB, 6800x2500px
>>186509635

SPLITLEAF

CRUCIFIX

GAEL'S

PONTIFF KNIGHT CS

DARK LOTHRIC KNIGHT SWORD

BLACK
KNIGHT
SHIELD

EVERYTHING YOU COULD EVER WANT

kill me
>>
>>186509693
Poison dex build with rapiers, or Warped Sword Powerstance
>>
>>186509341
>Heide Knight doesn't skip leg day
>>
>>186509693
Leo Ring Grand Lance with greatshield
>>
>>186509693
Literally any build can be fun. Power-stancing, full Str, full Dex, the list goes on.
>>
File: 1489570712177.jpg (245KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1489570712177.jpg
245KB, 850x850px
Can I get the pros and cons of 27/40 vs 40/40? I use a BKS 2h and a Ringed Knight Straight Sword 1h. Will my straight sword damage be gimped if I reroll 27/40 and dump the saved points into health?
>>
>>186510335
It will be lower when using it 1H which should be the main moveset you use with an SS anyway.
>>
>>186509708
Claymore and Wolnirs need moved down
>>
what a beautiful heide knight
>>
>>186510397
Why
>>
>>186510440
It's nice to see bad cosplay present in DaS2 as well.
>>
>>186510525
Because they are not on the same level as the other greatswords in that tier?
>>
>>186510525
because he said so. do it.
>>
>>186510593
Why. Wolnir's has good AR on a STR/FAI build and has the same range as Wolf Knight and Gael's Greatsword. Claymore has amazing AR on literally any build since the infusion changes and one of the best greatsword movesets.
>>
>>186510397
Why though? Claymore is great. R2 poke, rolling poke, solid AR on any build you care to use it with, and tied 2nd for reach.

GS stance is merely okay, nothing spectacular but still adding versatility and utility, so it doesn't lose points there.

Wolnir's is a build specific GS, also with good reach, with a WA that can be useful in certain circumstances. Bastard Sword moveset is meh, but outside of that it's a good sword.

Both are greatswords and so get bonus points for that anyway.
>>
What do you guys think of my shit statue?
>>
File: CfyVM_0WsAAl0eM.jpg (35KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
CfyVM_0WsAAl0eM.jpg
35KB, 600x398px
Tell me your little lore theories and headcanons.

I like to believe Ludleth removed his own legs so that he wouldn't be tempted to abandon his responsibility like the other lords of cinder.
>>
>>186510804
>with a WA that can be useful in certain circumstances.

Stop, the WA has literally no bearing on Wolnir's being as high as it is, it's a negative if anything. It's so fucking dreadful even after the buffs, shit damage for how long the animation it, the hyperarmor doesn't start until the sword is plunged into the ground, and there is no increase defenses during it unlike Morne's WA so it's a free hit of full damage by anyone even if you are hit during hyperarmor.
>>
>>186510823
7/10 for effort, and the detail/colouring on the armour is pretty great, but you really need to work on your anatomy and I have no idea what is going on with the helme-

>Filename has his real name in it

You poor, misguided fool
>>
>>186511008
It wasn't made by me, silly. That's the dude who made it.
>>
File: memes.jpg (1MB, 3000x6000px) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
1MB, 3000x6000px
>>186510871
Not lore, but my miyazaki headcanon is that AC: For Answer was Miyazaki's prototype DS1 and it's a scene-for-scene copy for the story/lore
>>
>>186510335
If your Vigor is at least 35, you're fine. The only other thing to watch out for is your Endurance if you ever intend to use ultras.
>>
File: 865437.jpg (116KB, 431x767px) Image search: [Google]
865437.jpg
116KB, 431x767px
>>186510823
it's meh
>>
>>186511098
Well sucks for him I guess, I just subscribed him to a laundry list of porn sites
>>
>>186511279
are they good porn sites at least ?
>>
>>186510335

27/40 isn't that good in DaS3, because of how strong one handed attacks are in comparison. Critical attacks are based on your one handed AR even if you're two handing.
>>
>>186511372
Nope. The worst.
>>
File: DS2_ragdolls.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
DS2_ragdolls.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>186509786
>>186510078
Thanks, will take a look at that.

>>186510110
I know almost everything is viable, but that doesn't mean it's fun.

>>186509210
Indeed. I just made this webm with footage I had laying around for a long time.
>>
>>186511542
Poor guy.
>>
>>186510871
I like to believe the dumbass invader that thought I'd follow him across the rope bridge was only thinking stupid because he's gone hollow.
>>
>>186507469
Velstadt even has a triangular gold helm, like Chad's hair.

It's pottery.
>>
File: 1487921823779.png (32KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487921823779.png
32KB, 720x600px
>>186507469
>>186511981
BETA ORBITER
>>
>join the sunlight covenant
>never used a miracle in my life
>>
>>186512542
SUNBROS ARE FAGS
>>
>>186507469
>>186511981
velstadt is weaker though. He's easier to beat
>>
>>186512629
It must be lonely watching others work together and have fun.
>>
File: git gud.jpg (183KB, 1222x836px) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
183KB, 1222x836px
>>186512629
(((Sun"""bros"""))) are fag enablers
>>186512656
Velstadt beat the shit out of Raime
>>
>>186512434
Well, I mean, Nadalia is a bunch of barely sapient spooky fire statues at this point so that's hardly fair.
>>
File: DaS2_Rat_Covenant.jpg (24KB, 150x300px) Image search: [Google]
DaS2_Rat_Covenant.jpg
24KB, 150x300px
>>186512761
Fuck you, get down in my maze and say that to my face, you punk ass bitch.
>>
>>186512761
I fill the void with the anguish of co-opfags.
>>
>>186512808
>Velstadt beat the shit out of Raime
that was before he got the fume sword
>>
>>186512629
>>186512808
>>186513007
>>186513052
>no friends in real life
>no friends in the games they play to escape said lonely life
>>
>tfw I invade as a Mad Dark Spirit and kill two Blues and a Rosaria's Finger to get muh shackles and the host is left standing there wondering what the fuck happened.

Mound Makers are the best fucking Covenant.
>>
>>186512656
Velstadt is much weaker when we fight him then when he was in his prime, he's been hollowed out, and Raime is suped up on Nadlia's dark magic, making him much stronger

Plus according to the lore Velstadt kicked he shit out of Raime and exiled his ass
>>
>>186513685
>if they like invading means they are sad fucks irl
I just don't enjoy coop nearly as much as kicking the crutches from casuals
>>
>>186511000
Okay, so let's go through all GS weapon arts
>Gael's GS - lmao super duper combo
>BKS - perseverance fucks over ultras
>WKGS - spin is meh and the jump is pretty much pointless with wonky stun that rarely works and long ass recovery frames
>onyx blade - fire damage buff makes it 3 way split, can combo from R1
>standard GS stance - R1 never lands, R2 only lands if you're lucky, has no damage reduction, a literal downgrade to SS stance
>GSoJ - R1 is only useful for buffing, R2 shoots beams into the ground, unless you aim it unlocked
>Wolnir's HS - too slow to ever be useful
>MLGS - really good for trading with ultras, because of high poise health and dealing poise damage two times
>TPGS - beams are good for bullying, but can be easily dodged, fire attack is only good for trading
>Bastard Sword - uppercut stomp, now with zero range and less poise health
>Exec GS - spin stomp, literally the worst version of it
>Firelink GS - drake sword like attack, if you don't free aim it never lands
>Storm Ruler - no greatwoods in pvp
So outside of Gael's, BKS, MLGS and TPGS all you get are pretty much shitty WAs that go from utterly useless to somewhat useful.
>>
>>186513720
he's stronger. The dark makes em all stronger
>>
File: Feast Pepe.png (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Feast Pepe.png
118KB, 500x500px
>>186513956
>standard GS stance - R1 never lands, R2 only lands if you're lucky, has no damage reduction, a literal downgrade to SS stance

Don't forget the R2 doesn't count as thrust damage unlike the SS Stance R2.
>>
Is DS3 Crystal Souls Spear trash? It feels pretty weak for the amount of FP it consumes
>>
>>186514324
Yes, for PvE Great Heavy Soul Arrow is tons better in terms of FP to damage ratio. CSS is only good for going for one shot memes with stacking magic buffs against people who aren't looking.
>>
>>186514324
>Magic in DaS3
Take a wild guess.
>>
>>186514324
Yes, just use Great heavy soul arrow if you want a "nuke"
>>
File: 1491522830647.jpg (83KB, 251x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491522830647.jpg
83KB, 251x250px
>>186514160
>SS stance moves you a fucking mile
>GS stance takes like 3 steps forward
fuck you tanimura
>>
>>186514468
>>186514405
>Great Heavy Soul Arrow
Is that really the only good offensive spell for PvE?
That's so wack.
>>
>>186514563
It's the best against bosses by a mile save for Pestilent Mercury against Midir.
>>
>>186514160
Why the fuck does SS stance even have damage reduction when STOMP doesn't?
And some people argue SS stance isn't the best WA in the game.
>>186514563
If you want to use good nukes go pyro and chuck vestigies
>>
>>186514628
>Pestilent Mercury against Midir.
That boss is coming up for me actually, what's the deal with that? I want to try it.
>>
>>186512808
Why did Velstadt and Raime fight again? I can't remember
>>
>>186514563
Well, magic is shit in DaS3, with the exception of Pestilent Mercury cheese against certain Bosses.
They really limited what you could do, even though they had a good Magic template to go from which they had from DaS2.

I just don't know man.. How does a company fuck up so hard, on multiple levels.
>>
>>186514697
Stomp does have damage reduction actually but only on the starting L2 portion, not on the full swing.

There's a weird discrepancy with damage reduction on WAs, SS Stance R2 is one of the few popular WAs that has it. Meanwhile barely any unique WAs have it aside from the Greatsword of Judgment WAR1.

>>186514731
Midir has a large HP pool and only takes full damage from the head which can be hard to hit with spells. Mercury however does consistent percent tick damage of health against whatever it touches so it melts him so long as you keep rolling around and recasting it when need be.
>>
>>186514731
>%Max HP as Damage pr. 0.5 Second
It's bonkers, absolutely bonkers.
You place a little cloud infront of yourself, waltz around the target to keep them in the cloud, see them melt.

Just reminder, it's friendly fire. Yes,
I tested it on phantoms I summoned to my world. To this date, I still don't regret it.
>>
>>186514731
His hitbox is so big PM is basically always doing damage. It's kind of a gimmick tactic, I actually had better success with Lightning Arrow and Sunlight Spear. Also LA and SS are better for Hypermode setups.
>>
>>186514748
Raime recognized Nashandra for the darkie she is and wanted to purge. Vendrick couldn't stop lusting over his sweet 'Shandra and Velly was loyal to them both, so he confronted Raime, kicked his ass and forced him to leave. Or something along those lines
>>
File: 1490092171788.jpg (20KB, 319x324px) Image search: [Google]
1490092171788.jpg
20KB, 319x324px
>>186514697
Same reason katana hold has damage reduction.
>miss a parry
>still take half the damage
JUST
>>
>>186514880
>>Just reminder, it's friendly fire. Yes,

Funny thing is that you can't damage hosts or other phantoms with it when you use it as a phantom yourself.
>>
>>186515114
I fucked up a sentence, no bully please.
>Funny thing is that you can't damage hosts or other phantoms with it when you use it as a phantom yourself.
NIPPON SPAGHETTI CODE.
>>
>>186515014
>tfw opponent survived a crystal soul spear by failing to parry it with a katana
>>
Meme Makers > Aldric's Faithful > Spear of the Church > Waifus Fingers > Blades of the Darkmoon > Ubisoft game everyone already forgot about because of how low level their zone is > Blue Faggots > Way of Git Gud > Enablers
>>
How are the dark projectiles in DaS3? I know dark bead got a nerf in 2 compared to the original but are the 3 versions of the projectiles pvp viable?
>>
>>186515836
No, they suck
>>
>>186515836
Dark is just another flavor of Magic that also sucks because of how spread out everything is. The only way it's ever good is if you use the Dark Pyromancies, which is only because (1) you already have the best stats to cast them by going Pyromancer, and (2) you don't need to equip any more rings than the ones that boost Pyromancies.
>>
Could someone on PS4 drop me a Morion blade?
>>
>>186517259
>PS4
try /bbg/
>>
Old King Allant looks like a fucking weeabo anime character reject
>>
File: 1503007994275.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1503007994275.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>186517652
>le PC cheat engine mustard race
Suck a shotgun
>>
>>186517259
I'm on the PS4 but I don't have the Moron blade on any of my characters. If I did I would give you one.
>>
>>186517259
Sorry lad, I gave his ashes to the Handmaid to get his coat
>>
>>186518298
You do know that you can buy his coat from the Shrine Handmaid once you pick up the ashes, right? Giving her the ashes only unlocks any unsold spells he may have had on death, which is utterly useless if you've completed his quest by killing Homoprinces.
>>
File: 1498507043501.jpg (54KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
1498507043501.jpg
54KB, 453x439px
>when the Demon Prince does his really powerful laser attack and you dodge but then fires just one more straight laser at you
God, it's just so fucking dirty and disgusting.
Even when it doesn't kill me, I just feel offended by it.
>>
Why did they introduce quickstepping and ringed knight weapons?
>>
File: 1450696022513.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450696022513.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>186518046

> a literally triggered peasant
>>
>>186514974
Ah right, thanks anon. I remember now. Velstadt truly is a massive cuck then, I take back what I said about him being a Chad.
>>
>>186514974
The only problem I have with that theory is that Raime then went and cucksucked Nashandra's sister.
>>
>>186514974
>>186519351
Pretty sure it's the other way around because >>186519521 and Velstadt stayed protecting Vendrick when he exiled himself to prevent Nashandra from getting his soul.
>>
>>186519521
Nashandra's sister was cucked anyway because the Old Iron King was too busy fucking Sir Alonne in the ass.
>>
wtf is the boreal valley?
>>
>>186520761
A valley that has a boreal climate pattern.
>>
>>186520761
Irithyll.
It was used to be called the "Frigid Valley" but they changed it due to some reason.
>>
>>186520895
is irithyll a cold place so fire causes damage to the enemies there?
>>
File: 20170818222431_1.jpg (528KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170818222431_1.jpg
528KB, 1920x1080px
Thoughts on my Hexer build?
>>
>>186521075
feeble/10
>>
why is das3 so shit
>>
>>186521075
>hexer
>doesn't look like an evil jew stereotype or edgy anime character

Those are the best hexers.
>>
File: 20170818224149_1.jpg (557KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170818224149_1.jpg
557KB, 1920x1080px
>>186522028
>
>>
>>186521075
Zero reason to go over 30/30, Spice down what you need.

>that Adaptability
Shit son, the fuck are you doing.
>>
>>186521965
because you're a petty nitpicker
>>
>>186492441
>an invader using Collector's Edition can permanently fuck up your save data
What?
>>
>>186521965
>Can't unsee
>>
>>186522359
>floaty jerky garbage movement
>"nitpicking"
>>
>>186522327
If you need more than 90 Agility, you're bad at the game
>>
>>186522434
yes, its nitpicky because it doesnt matter
the movement is perfectly fine
>>
>>186522374
An invader using Cheat Engine can screw up your save data, meaning: causing you to get a ban if you don't have backups and remember to delete the save after being invaded by such a person.
>>
>>186521075
It's shit
You have enough stats at SL126 to have decent HP, stamina, ADP and maybe even some dex, and you choose to have none of these things.
>>
File: dark souls 3.webm (585KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 3.webm
585KB, 480x480px
>>186522517
>>
File: DS2 - Here I come, here I go.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
DS2 - Here I come, here I go.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>186522327
It was supposed to be a hyper mode hexer. I just kept increasing the corresponding stats. I'll stop at 60 to get a fifth orb when casting Affinity.
Since I usually fight at range, I don't need iframes that much to dodge.

>>186522580
I won't deny it. Yet I abandoned this character because everything was too easy.
I maxed rank with the bell covenant and I don't think I died once.
>>
File: 374320_20170818164315_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170818164315_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Made a new low sl dex build. I think I'll level him up to 30 maybe 35 at the most but he keep here as he is for a bit so I can keep invading high wall. Now I just need to decide a good.weapon to use one of my fire gems on.and a find some evangelican trousers since they look allot like sweat pants with timberlands painted black.
>>
does wind wheel on the splitleaf greatsword really cost 0 fp?

wtf
>>
File: dark souls 3.gif (1MB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 3.gif
1MB, 350x270px
>>186522906
Look, I can do it too!
>>
>>186523062
That got to be the weakest attempt at making a twink.
>>
File: dark souls 3.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 3.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>186523143
me too
>>
>>186522517
you have very low standards if you think it's "perfectly fine"
>>
>>186523127
The windwheel itself is basically a stance. The actual attack you perform in that stance cost FP, but the stance does not. Having a stamina drain for entering and for holding the stance is the tradeoff for it actually hitting things around you, though obviously this still makes it one of the best stances out there.
>>
>>186523331
and I think you're artistically fawning over pointless details that dont matter and the grand scheme of things about DS3's overall quality
>>
>>186523163

I'm not attempting to make a twink just a low sl sorta cosplay invader.
>>
File: dark souls 3.jpg (163KB, 650x440px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 3.jpg
163KB, 650x440px
>>186523143
that's not how you do it

>>186523405
it's just one of the many things about "DS3's overall quality" that i managed to pin point for myself after playing both games intermittently
>>
File: 1499264076555.jpg (343KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499264076555.jpg
343KB, 1920x1080px
Is the person who made this still here? I want to learn how to make a Griffith.
>>
File: 295.jpg (13KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
295.jpg
13KB, 177x278px
>>186504843
If 3 was Kylo then it would make the most sense for 1 to be Anakin though
>>
>>186523638
>male
>>
>>186524043
it's perfect the way it is, you salty das3 apologist
>>
>>186524180
>3 is a guy desperately trying to imitate his father in every way possible
>his father is 2
>>
File: 1489573124319.jpg (2MB, 4500x2646px) Image search: [Google]
1489573124319.jpg
2MB, 4500x2646px
How many times can I respawn halflight? And does it open me back up for invasions?
>>
File: griffisu.jpg (54KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
griffisu.jpg
54KB, 720x960px
>>186524052
Do you not know who Griffith is you motherfucking pleb smfh
>>
>>186524298
>3 is the the thing many people anticipated which turned out to be a big letdown using the great name and reused characters for a quick cash grab
>>
>>186524043
>>186524180
>>186504843
Dark Souls 2 should be Sheev from RotS
>>
>>186524505
some chinese cartoons bitchboy? i grew out of that stuff years ago
>>
>>186524653
the villain of the very material that inspired Dark Souls. it's worth a little wiki search to learn about
>>
>>186524761
kkk will do
>>
>>186524528
Are you going off of the characters personalities or how people feel about them?

If you're going off the latter like your post suggests, then none of the other ones make any sense you retard. 3 being Rey makes much more sense considering she's just a poorly done copy of Luke with a different paintjob
>>
>>186524653
>being this ignorant

Lmao
>>
File: smug boi.jpg (18KB, 267x273px) Image search: [Google]
smug boi.jpg
18KB, 267x273px
>>186524653
You do realize that the game you're playing would literally not exist without this "chinese cartoon bitchboy" right?
>>
>>186523638
>3 allows a perfect cosplay of Guts to be done
>Makes you grasp for straws with Griffith an arguably better character
thanks From
>>
Ive been using Vordts for some ear farming at level 25. This weapon is great. Frostbite in 2 hits. Also a lot of people were trying to parry spam against it for whatever reason.

Is this weapon any good later in the game?
>>
>>186524831
im not the author of that OC
but i agree that rey would have suited better in terms of actual context, but a female in an otherwise all male group would needlessly stand out
>>
File: tumblr_otz3pcpFsU1wnpbjko1_540.gif (3MB, 540x385px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_otz3pcpFsU1wnpbjko1_540.gif
3MB, 540x385px
>>186525058
>3 bosses that are literally Guts
>one boss that only faintly resembles Griffith, and he's a faggot that runs away and dies in seconds

T-thanks, Miyazaki
>>
>>186525128
The only reason it's good is because players don't yet have enough Frost resistance to require more than two hits to proc Frostbite. That changes at higher levels, unless you Force-cast Frozen Weapon onto it.
>>
>>186524935
>>186524863
>>186524761
i believe you are overestimating the influence of berserk on dark souls

the correct term here is "reference"
>>
So how the FUCK do I get the ears for darkmoon rewards?
Been sitting on SL25 and 2+ for 2 days, with only 2 summons.
>>
>>186525459
weekends, praying, CE
>>
>>186525459
I've been playing Hide 'n Seek in Irithyll Dungeon at SL70 on PC and with Way of the Blue equipped.
Just do it at proper Lv range or use Collector's Edition.
>>
>>186524831
>>186525135
Didn't expect my shitty OC to spark an argument twice.
It's more about characters and how people feel about them, but in a small scale, their movies too.
That doesn't mean I think DS3 isn't as bad as The Force Awakens, I was able to enjoy DS3.
Rey was my first though, but some anon suggested him and another poited out Kylo Ren's outfit looks like Fallen Knight set.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-27-19h59m44s548.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-27-19h59m44s548.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
What was the point of this scene?
>>
>>186525058
The real tragedy is that there's no way to do a Donovan build
>>
>>186525647
If you're way of the blue, and you get invaded, do you get the ear?
>>
>>186525843
remember patches guys, you got trikt xDD
>>
File: executioner armour.jpg (235KB, 1357x1920px) Image search: [Google]
executioner armour.jpg
235KB, 1357x1920px
>>186525913
ITS THE GREY KNIGHT BAZUSO
>>
>>186526017
KNOWN AS THE 30 MAN SLAYER
>>
>>186525968
I just get souls, it's not supposed to reward me for being a little bitch that can't handle being invaded.

>>186525843
>Le forced nostalgic because we can
Fuck Memezaki, seriously.
>>
>>186525973
I dunno man, I feel like there's more to it than that in this one particular instance, especailly since Patches in the main game was already that
>>
40/40 or 30/30 for pyro?
What's a demons scar build look like?
>>
>>186526097
If you beat the invader you smarmy fuck
>>
>>186526017
what the fuck are those proportions
>>
>>186525843
>HAH! YOU GOT TRICKED AGAIN YOU FIRTHY GAIJIN!
Such an interesting character, so clever and funny, I wish Miyazaki inserts him in the next game he directs too, we can never have enough of this much quality writing.

I'm salty because this could have been a great chance for good character development yet they chose to repeat the same trick they've been pulling for 10 years for a twist that surprised litearally no one.
>>
>>186526072
ALSO KNOWN AS THE BEAR SLAUGHTERER
>>
>>186526132
40/40
18 att for black flame, vestigies and surge
get dragonhead shield for L2>Scar R1>Blackflame combo
>>
>>186526196
Not that I know of, I only get the Souls.

>>186526223
No fat-shaming, holy shit.

>>186526249
>Go to the edge, go on
>Literally gives it away it's Patches
>He's gonna kick me, I just know it
>Kicks me down
And nobody were surprised.. They had so much shit they could have done with Patches new identity, and they did that shit. Come the fuck on.
>>
I need 2 things if anyone can help:
Corvian Greatknife
Sage RIng+2

PS4
>>
>>186526223
IT ISNT HUMAN
>>
>>186526249
Patches dialogue in that scene though suggests that it was very intentional that it was yet another callback in a game that ALREADY HAD THE EXACT SAME CALLBACK.
The line "Every age, it seems, is tainted by the greed of men. Rubbish, to one such as I, devoid of all worldly wants! Hmmm, I dunno, maybe it's just the way we are. I'll stick you in my prayers. A fine dark soul, to you." seems like it's some meta commentary about having to make sequels to a game that doesn't need a sequel due to financial obligations and contracts.
>>
File: 20170818223058_1.jpg (613KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170818223058_1.jpg
613KB, 1920x1080px
I d-don't wanna do it ;_;
>>
>>186526662
Look at how skinny she is, she's not going to survive a lot longer. Might aswell end it the only humane way, starvation is not a nice way to go.
>>
>>186526662
You don't have to do it in the Collector's Edition.
>>
>>186509341
Oh man that is funny.
>>
>>186522982
Why did you try to cast instead of avoiding the Lingering Flame about to go off in your back?
>>
>>186526132
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/234291
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/234292
pick your poison
>>
>>186526796
This is why PC players are secondary.
>>
>>186526963
probably tunnel vision at the crowd right before him
>>
>>186526662
Avenge the 6 gorillion Silver Knights that had to die for the ears.
>>
File: 20170818223912_1.jpg (713KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170818223912_1.jpg
713KB, 1920x1080px
>>186526791
>>186526796
>>186527236
At least she'll be with Gwyndolin soon ;_;
>>
File: icon_donovan.jpg (62KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
icon_donovan.jpg
62KB, 200x200px
>>186525913
You can. Just be a fat naked black man with caestus and fist twinks to death.
>>
Could anyone gift me:
Corvian Greatknife
Sage RIng+2

PS4
>>
>>186527409
Good, fuck Dorkmoons.
>>
File: DS2 - Hexers not allowed.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
DS2 - Hexers not allowed.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>186526963
That was over a year ago, I don't remember.
Either I pressed L1 while spawning and got queued or I just panicked.
>>
>>186526418
>>186527481
Ask on Fextralife Discord if you're going to spam it.

>>186527637
>That ending
You got sliced up, didn't you?
>>
File: Bez tytułu.png (4MB, 1883x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Bez tytułu.png
4MB, 1883x1065px
Am i doing this right? Pure STR build with Greatshield
>>
>>186527481
I was on the verge of halping, but don't spam, man.
>>
>>186527751
>3 ADP
I know you're using a Greatshield, but goddamn dude.
>>
>>186527691
>You got sliced up, didn't you?
If you wanna know the truth, I dodged that and was able to get into the arena, I cut the webm there because I thought it was more funny that way.
>>
>>186527787
No you weren't, dickhead.
>>
>>186527980
I was just waiting to get home.
But eh.
>>
>>186527751
>that Vit
Did you not get the Royal Soldier's Ring or something? Goddamn.
>>
File: Primordial Serpent.jpg (55KB, 603x374px) Image search: [Google]
Primordial Serpent.jpg
55KB, 603x374px
>>186510871
>I like to believe Ludleth removed his own legs so that he wouldn't be tempted to abandon his responsibility like the other lords of cinder.
I like that theory too. Or that he ordered someone to remove them for him.
And I like pretending that Kaathe and Frampt are joined like CatDog.

>>186527409
>At least she'll be with Gwyndolin soon
Gwyndolin is in Aldrich's belly. Soul too.
>>
>>186528029
No you weren't dickhead.
>>
File: 20170818235243_1.jpg (532KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170818235243_1.jpg
532KB, 1920x1080px
Why do piromancies get so few casts?
>>
>>186528097
Negative thou werest, Penile Cranium.
>>
>>186528075
No, Gwyndolin's soul is in my belly. Because I ate it. It tasted like boipucci.
>>
>>186528042
I do have it.
>>
File: 1492909064837.jpg (111KB, 1300x861px) Image search: [Google]
1492909064837.jpg
111KB, 1300x861px
>>186527853
What is this ridiculous misconception about ADP being required stat in DS2?
Are these people so convinced that you MUST dodge roll in order to beat the game?
Greatshields are incredibly powerful in ds2, you never need to roll, I've done this myself. Maybe bosses like FUme Knight will give you trouble but whatever, every build will struggle in at least one area for one reason or another.
>>
Anyone around SL12 on PS3 wanna help me with Sif today or tomorrow? I'm rusty as all fuck against her.
>>
>>186528931
>her
>>
File: orma and reeve.jpg (99KB, 399x763px) Image search: [Google]
orma and reeve.jpg
99KB, 399x763px
I am still massively angry that the stupid Door Shields are not the Orma and Reeve Great Shields. It would be much better.
>>
>>186514880
it's still a watered down version of the insanely broken Lifedrain Patch from DS2, since it dealt direct DPS but also was boosted by your dark scaling. At full tilt it's about 500-1000 damage per second.
>>
>>186528632
No you didn't. Aldrich ate Gwyndolin's soul, and you ate Aldrich's. That taste you mentioned came from an obese cannibal.
>>
File: 1502500175914.jpg (51KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1502500175914.jpg
51KB, 512x384px
Does full sunless armor make me look like a pleb
>>
>>186528991
>muh lore
Sorry I got the gender of your husbando wrong, furfag.
>>
File: mfw.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>when it dawns on you that every character you make ends up the same build and you have no reason to play anything but NG+
>>
I just solo'd Fume Knight for the first time ever thanks to your guys' advice! Thank you so much!
>>
>>186529259
full sets are always pleb, by definition
>>
File: 1502399456236.jpg (333KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1502399456236.jpg
333KB, 1200x1200px
>>186495324
That pic kinda makes it seem like they're doing it pretty regularly. Oddly stimulating when you think about it, at least to me. She probably didn't want it at first but walked in on him when he was busy doing it himself and after a little convincing from her bro decided to join in on the fun. The first session was probably not that long given that he got a head start in it but the next time when they did it together from the beginning it was so much more enjoyable for both parties. What do you think they started out with, Dark Souls or Demon's Souls
>>
>>186528731
ADP also governs Estus drinking speed and casting speed. Basically if you don't level ADP you're a sap.
>>
>>186519521
>>186519746
>>186519351
>>186514974
It is the other way around. Velstadt came up with the scheme to hide Vendrick away behind the pillar of light that Nashandra couldn't cross, then he defended it. Raime wanted to accept Nashandra which is why he left for another kingdom
>>
>>186522327
>Zero reason to go over 30/30, Spice down what you need.
For late game hexing it's useful doing 40/30 or 50/30 so that you don't have to grind spices and you have a fully scaled alternative damage type like lightning magic/physical for the DLC.
>>
>>186530316
Ah thanks. Raime is the cuck then.
>mfw my annoying cunt coworker's surname is Raime
>>
>>186525459
leave your game running all weekend, you'll get summoned at least once an hour.

Weekdays are slow for casuals
>>
File: 1486417733343.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486417733343.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>186525295
>3 bosses that are literally Guts
Artorias, Gael and ???
>>
>>186523638
I'm here but I can't post sliders if that's what you're after. I used the silver haired dorkmooness from the sliders spreadsheet in the op as base.
>>
>>186525459
Max item find gear, go to Anor Londo and grind the two Silver Knights on the stairs with the covenant on SL50-60. To avoid going insane, I would recommend doing 2-5 concords or 3 hours per day. I got mine after a week and a half.
>>
File: nW5iQz7.png (533KB, 1280x1929px) Image search: [Google]
nW5iQz7.png
533KB, 1280x1929px
>>186530606
Vordt

>>186530737
That's good enough, thanks man.
>>
File: 2cyp88.jpg (37KB, 512x306px) Image search: [Google]
2cyp88.jpg
37KB, 512x306px
>>186530849
>>
>>186530920
The Watchdog of the Old Lords is also very reminiscent of the Beast of Darkness in Berserk.

Bort's armor bears similarities but the regular Outrider Knight enemies are more reminiscent of Guts.
>>
File: huelm.jpg (102KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
huelm.jpg
102KB, 450x443px
Anyone got that one pic that compares the size of all the Wyverns and Dragons in the souls series?
>>
>>186525843
>yadda yadda self insert
>yadda yadda get off the franchise dude
>I'd rather get fired that continue making sequels
>be glad with what you have
>happy fighting
Something like that
>>186526253
BIG DICK BAZUSO?
>>186526223
Horace is either descendant of the silver knights with that ideal male elongated head form or whoevet cut his tongue cut the whole jaw
>>
>>186527751
>>186527853
>>186528731
>>186530093

If you aren't rolling, you should be at 100% equip load and probably level faith also for some proper heal tanking.

Your build is basically "Baby's first DS2 build" except you tried to level the stats to reach meta benchmarks without knowing what you were doing.

If you aren't rolling, you can get by with 88 or 92 agility. That's 9 or 10 iframes and is basically DeS/DS1 fat rolling.

85 agility is *5* iframes though. Literally half as long as just 3 points more.

Greatsword is overrated and way too heavy, same with Pursuer's shield. Dragonrider shield with a spear or lance would be a better choice, since you could poke from behind a shield.

Also, your shield is completely useless if you don't have the stamina to properly block with it, thanks to your crippled endurance.

I would respec to:
>20 vigor
>20 end
>20 vit
>2 atn
>46 str
>14 dex
>16 adp
>1 int
>8 fth

That gets you fat rolling with your current setup, but mid-rolling once you get rings or if you drop to lighter armor.

Also, keep in mind that your armor does literally nothing agianst magic attacks, so leveling int/fth has a reason beyond spellcasting, since 15 int/fth will reduce all elemental damage by ~15% or more, while also giving you access to a lot of utility spells that make your strength build more powerful.
>>
>>186530923
It's not that bad honestly. Just as long as you develop the feel for grinding the knights it goes pretty okay. Btw, I got 3 million souls from the grind and went from SL 60 to 120 after I was done with the grind.

Grind the first two Knights of Anor Londo, going for the third one is a waste of time because by the time you get to him you could've already reset the two knights and fought them.

Put some music on and grind away. Sage's rapier is a must. Coins are a good idea and symbol of Avarice and gold serpent ring are recommended but not vital. I did it with just the rapier.
>>
>>186528181
Because they have no stat requirements, making it much easier to acquire and stack multiples of them. They also tend to do quite a bit more damage than soularrows, though they are easily resisted, and scale with both stats.
>>
>>186528931
Bump.
>>
File: anger of the higashikata.jpg (112KB, 842x650px) Image search: [Google]
anger of the higashikata.jpg
112KB, 842x650px
>Roll in Dark Souls 1
>Its like someone deflated a fucking baloon you literally fly to the side in mach 4
>Roll in Dark Souls 2
>Normal roll that you can also improve by leveling stats
>Roll in Dark Souls 3
>Jump on your fucking head and then somehow teleport to your feet to do another roll and then to do another 20 rolls that you can do with 2 fatigue
How do they fucking keep fucking this up
They made it look normal in DS2 how are they fucking it up in 3 so much holy shit how hard is it to make a normal Rolling animation that makes sense
>>
>>186531525
>If you aren't rolling, you should be at 100% equip load
no that's stupid because then you have shit stamina regen
>>
The wiki says that Iudex Gundyr is the weakest to fire, but with CE, I'm noticing that he's the weakest to lightning. Gonna try and start a list of actual weaknesses (not including status effects) for the enemies.
>>
File: dark souls sif.jpg (199KB, 1600x2816px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls sif.jpg
199KB, 1600x2816px
>>186528991
>Not even knowing the proper gender of Artorias's cum bucket
>>186529005
DS3 honestly should've done more with DS2 content other than copy pasting 4 or so armor designs and removing all references they had to Drangleic
>>
>>186532262
I know that Champion Gundyr is weakest to magic, it might be different for ludex
>>
File: 1496527855446.jpg (8KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1496527855446.jpg
8KB, 229x220px
>>186531892
Speaking of pyromancies, I thought that the second phase Abyss Watcher would resist fire because he is on fire. Nope, he takes MASSIVE damage from Great Cumblasts and gets stunlocked by them essentially.
>>
File: faith.png (433KB, 994x857px) Image search: [Google]
faith.png
433KB, 994x857px
can someone give me some pointers on this faith build for ds2? the idea is stacking the clutch ring, lightning infusion, and sunlight blade along with lightning spears for insane lightning damage
>>
File: 1486851909358.png (80KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1486851909358.png
80KB, 225x225px
>>186532292
Fuck you, I don't want to masturbate right now. Or do I....?

>>186532103
Dark Souls 2 animations are actually motion captured.
>>
>Always use generally underused weapons and armor sets in Souls games in order to feel original despite the fact that nobody will ever fucking care about that other than me
Worst feel
>>
>>186532151
then DON'T USE A GREATSHIELD

you're fucking SL94, pick one or the other until you have to stats to do both.
>>
>>186532374
Have you not played 1? Cinders burn easily
>>
>>186532737
I'm not him and you're retarded. Stamina regen is extremely important for a greatshield.
Clearly DS2 isnt the game for you
>>
>>186532701
Underused weapons might actually give you an edge in pvp against an opponent who doesn't know their moveset or their special properties if they have them.
>>
>>186532793
Yhorm is actually immune to fire
>try to riposte him with demon scar, which is pure fire
>0 (Zero damage)
>>
>>186532793
I have played 1 but I have never really done a proper pyro playthrough before.
>>
>>186532701
using something unpopular is a legit strat against the majority of players because you exploit their unfamiliarity against that weapon type.
A similar thing exists in fighting games and unpopular characters.
>>
>>186494590
Wtf DS3 with pure pyro is ez mode
>>
What an awfully designed boss

The second phase is fine enough, but holy fuck the first phase is just horrible
>>
>>186533184
The only bad part imo it's when they're both "embered"
>>
>>186533184
demon prince is fucking awesome what are you on about
>>
>>186532884
You're misreading me, I'm agreeing that stamina regen is important for a greatshield and you shouldn't use a greatshield at that low level if you can't come in under 70%. Let's also not forget he has 7 endurance.

He's literally trying to equip shit way above his level and it means he doesn't have enough to have both stamina and stamina regen unless he stops using his greatshield or swaps to a lighter weapon.
>>
>>186533184
isn't it the opposite?

First phase I just used a 2H Black Knight Greatsword and staggered/riposted one. They die in a single 2HR1 combo.
>>
>>186531194
size isn't everything
>>
>>186531794
>people go through this mindnumbing shit when they could have just used CE and use all that time for something more enjoyable/valuable
why
>>
>>186492441
So what happened to the bearer of the curse?
>>
>>186528931
I'm about to sleep (work overnight). If anyone wants to help tomorrow, PSN is PapaShu1915.
>>
>>186534029
Because we have dignity enough to play fair
>>
File: Looking_Glass_Knight_Concept.png (739KB, 1136x766px) Image search: [Google]
Looking_Glass_Knight_Concept.png
739KB, 1136x766px
>those weeping helm faces and armored toes

Proof that humanoid bosses don't need to be uninspired lazy shit
>>
>>186534326
>they brought back all the slut armors but not this
What is it about Japan that has such shit taste? Is it because they can't rape China or Korea anymore? Do they need to vent bad juju that's now instead being focused into anime and video games?
>>
>>186534509
I don't recall any looking glass knights in the earthen peek
>>
>>186533184
I could not have a more opposite opinion. I love the dynamic of the first half of the fight with juggling two enemies switching between being passive and aggressive with different timings. Then the second half of the fight is just another generic slog of a boss, with the exception of Pain Prince getting a bullshit "you'd better stagger me or I'll spirit bomb you right back to the bonfire" attack.
>>
>>186534282
fair to whom? the silver knights? or perhaps the lame priscilla rehash npc? or maybe miyazaki? he probably wouldn't sleep at night if he found out

the only thing you played there is yourself.
>>
>>186529005
The worst thing of all is that they could have justified it in-game too. You see Grave Wardens wandering around Earthen Peak because it was originally supposed to connect to Undead Crypt, adding in Orma-Reeve's would have been a nice way of acknowledging that somewhat.
>>
>>186534812
Not him, but the fact that you don't can't respawn bosse/areas, unlock infinite respecs or get all the items in the game upon beating the final boss is a sign that From never intended for souls to have dedicated pvp beyond being just a minigame added to the pve.
>>
File: smores.jpg (234KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smores.jpg
234KB, 500x500px
>>186534326
the best souls bossfight is literally 2 humanoids
>>
>>186534932
well souls "pvp" is indeed a joke
but the bigger joke is that a lot of people fell for it
>>
I'm disappointed with the Ringed City desu
>>
>>186532424
That looks more or less spot-on. But you may want to reduce your fashion somewhat since you'll have pretty shoddy rolls and stamina regen due to sitting right next to 70% equip load.
>>
>>186532701
>tfw went from shitty cosplay builds to full caster
I do it for the challenge tho. don't give up
>>
>>186535125
DS2 isn't that bad, but the only good PvP games From has ever made were Armored Core V, Verdict Day, and Chromehounds. All their other games are clearly focused on PvE instead.
>>
>literally just took 5+ attempts to kill Bort
I guess I should feel bad, but I managed to farm a Winged K***ht Halberd in the process so it all evened out.
>>
>>186534697
>Japan doesn't have shit taste because they brought back one of the worst, ugliest areas in DS2 infamous for the burning windmill crap, terrible boss design a la Jabba the Hut/Medusa, and the elevator to lava land
>>
File: 1485808614591.png (588KB, 1040x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1485808614591.png
588KB, 1040x1040px
>>186535158
>D-DLC will save it!
>s-second DLC will save it!
>>
>>186534121
No idea. All we know is he, Chosen Undead, Gwyn and the other Lords of Cinder merged into the Soul of Cinder at some point. I still think Drangleic isn't 100% part of Lordan and Lothric's cycle. Dreg Heap in Ringed City Makes me think they just overlap in several instances.
>>
>>186535578
>I still think Drangleic isn't 100% part of Lordan and Lothric's cycle

Aldia seemed pretty set on it being so
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 507x554px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 507x554px
Did TBoC link the flame or walk away?
>>
>>186535797
The Millwood Knights in 3 worshipping Earth instead of Fire had me thinking of different cycles. Maybe 2 and 3 are branching timelines/cycles and they intersect in several instances. Then there are the different endings in 2 on whether Bearer of the Curse links the flame or not. Although I do remember Aldia being alluded to in 3 and one of the NPCs is another "daughter" to Manus. Who knows at this point.
>>
>>186534029
>CE
On the PS4.
Besides what use are trophies / achievements of you just cheat them in?
>>
>>186536221
what use is a "trophy" that can only be achieved through mindless grinding?
>>
>>186536107
linked the flame I guess, given SoC uses a DaS2 exclusive miracle
>>
/dsg/ has anyone got a spare symbol of avarice?
on ps4
>>
File: 1495314884280.jpg (35KB, 449x451px) Image search: [Google]
1495314884280.jpg
35KB, 449x451px
you guys ever watch the most popular souls streamer?
>>
>>186536663
DSP? Of coursch
>>
>>186534121
He plants his soft behind upon the throne and literally burns his soul for years while locked inside , extending the flame , until he eventually becomes an empty husk and leaves the kiln,walking around like the castle aimlessly until he was put down by the next person to link the flame
>>
>>186536663
hagrid?
>>
File: marcus.jpg (12KB, 287x187px) Image search: [Google]
marcus.jpg
12KB, 287x187px
YA'LL GONNA MAKE ME LOOSE MAH MIND
>>
File: DS2 - Lemmings.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
DS2 - Lemmings.webm
3MB, 852x480px
Decided to go Grand Lance + greatshield in DS2.
What should I name the character? I was thinking something along "Sir x".
>>
>>186536821
>Until he was put down by the next person to link the flame
Wouldn't that be the DS3 guy?
I'm pretty sure he never left the throne (Are you basing this on Vendrick walking around?Cause he never reached the throne due to Nashandra and removed his soul so she can never take it)
I'm guessing he just burned his soul there forever until his soul whisked out and joined the soul of cinder
>>
>>186536996
Lance Alot
>>
File: 16 - Sir Alonne.jpg (320KB, 1348x990px) Image search: [Google]
16 - Sir Alonne.jpg
320KB, 1348x990px
Highly doubt this will ever happen but DS4 being set in an all new era not focusing on the Age of Fire with more callbacks to 2's lore / locations would be amazing. Especially where Sir Alonne came from, more emphasis on DS's Eastern kingdoms (and the Oni alluded in 3) and more about other factions that worship things besides Fire (e.g. Millwood Knights with Earth) would be interesting to see.
>>
>>186536996
>Grand lance
>Not automatically Lance-a-lot
>Sir Penetrator
>Sir Charge-a-lot
>Drillboy
>>
>>186536821
You mean he gathered the crowns of kings, beat the curse, and said fuck it to the whole cycle.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>186537110
>>
>>186537121
Dark Souls is dead and buried. The next best thing we'll get is an entirely new series that re-uses these ideas.
>>
>>186536659
anyone?
>>
What triggers Leonfart to kill Rosaria after you talk to him at Rosaria's Bedchamber?

>>186536996
Maldron the Ass
>>
>>186537058
Cute Emerald Herald states "Someday you'll also walk these halls without ever knowing why" so eventually he must go completely hollor or utterly nuts
>>186537228
Being free from the curse/hollowing won't do you much when you're burning your own soul
Gwyn was unable to go hollow himself cause he was a good and eventually he did due to the soul burning
>>
>>186537439
>tfw Bloodborne 2 will never happen
>>
>>186537512
Killing both Yhorm and Aldrich.
>>
>>186537585
He was a god*****
Not a good god tho
Made his son crossdress,probably harassed him too
The cunt
>>186537121
DS4 will just be a lead-in into Demon's Souls
>>
>>186536663
ur a casul, 'arry
>>
>>186537670
You say that like it's a bad thing. Forcing Miyazaki to make a sequel to a one-shot game is just going to result in a bunch of stupid half-assed phoned-in shit like what we got with DaS3.

Better to let the game die well-remembered, than to drag out a sequel with zero heart that makes everyone wish that there had only been one game.
>>
>>186537439
Dark Souls 4 could totally happen. It just won't be by FromSoftware
>>
hope miyahacki sticks with a fantasy setting in the next souls style franchise

sci-fi sounds horrible desu
>>
File: DS2 - NOPE.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DS2 - NOPE.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>186537110
>>186537227
Sir Lance Alot then. It's the first thing I came up with, but I though it was lazy.
Now I have to decide what kind of face do I give him, a serious one or a silly one.
>>
>>186537970
This is kinda my thinking. The IP is so fucking valuable that I find it hard to imagine Bamco ditching it
>>
File: 1494102602867.jpg (60KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494102602867.jpg
60KB, 900x900px
>>186536956
Marcus sounded pretty badly stressed out in his last streams, is everything alright :/?

>>186537670
BB sequel would just become a DS2 / DS3 2.0.
I.e a good game but would be much better if simply called something else entirely.
>>
>>186538140
Just mash that randomize button. You'll be wearing a helmet 99% of the game anyway.
>>
>>186538035
He has done medieval fantasy to death and it's no doubt tired of it. That would give us another game as unispired as DS3 (doesn't mean it's a bad game).
>>
>>186537970
>>186538203
Given how all the marketing by Bamco in the past couple years was directed at DaS3 being the final game in the trilogy, I highly doubt a fourth game would be anything but at least several years out from entering the discussion phase. They would be completely undercutting themselves by doing a fourth game while the third one is still fresh in the coffin.

It's true that Miyazaki has said that they "might" revisit Dark Souls in the future, but that's just vague developer language with the sole purpose being to not definitively close the door on anything. And a Souls game that's not developed by From is no Souls game at all.
>>
File: 20170720224545_1.jpg (374KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170720224545_1.jpg
374KB, 1366x768px
>>186538140
Give him a nose longer than his lance
Also I unironically liked DS2 dogs as they all pile on each other and are thus easily dispatched
>>
>>186536663
literally who
>>
>>186538598
I kinda lost some respect for Miyazaki after Dark Souls 3. I'm neutral towards a new Souls game by a different studio.
>>
>>186536659
hello? anybody out there?
>>
>>186538591
agreed, but it doesn't have to be medieval fantasy just like BB isn't.

ancient, nordic, eastern, grimdark, countless fantasy avenues to go down. I just don't like the idea of souls with robots
>>
File: 20170816181711_1.jpg (319KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170816181711_1.jpg
319KB, 1366x768px
>want to get a better PC eventually so I wanna smack an actual good ENB onto this
>Am told that will get me banned because FromSoft is petty as fuck and hates the PC audience
Anyone that bothered with DS2 enbs can tell me if its aight to use?
>>
>>186530849
is this the best general strategy for all the covenant items? i don't have sages rapier (went for crystal hail cause cheevos), but is gold serpent ring +3 and symbol of avarice enough?

i'm entirely shit at pvp otherwise i'd just farm that way, but i'm wondering what the best spot for farming each covenant item is
>>
>>186539034
>I just don't like the idea of souls with robots
>inb4 Dark Souls is actually a prequel to Armored Core
It already had a Moonlight Greatsword so I see why not
>>
>>186538913
When you realize that Miyazaki doesn't do concept art, graphics, or write, and that everyone else does that instead, you start to realize that character concepts and being a jerk businessman is basically his only good skill.

DS1 and BB are the only decent games he's ever worked on. Before DS1 he was "the guy who ruined armored core".
>>
>>186539278
is this why everyone I know who plays souls also buys kits and makes Gundam models
>>
>>186539153
If you can run Prepare to Die, you can run Scholar of the First Sin. Probably even better, too.
>>
File: 335300_20170819010834_1.png (3MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
335300_20170819010834_1.png
3MB, 2048x1152px
workin on a build
anyone got any tips?
>>
>>186539539
>what is API support?
>>
>>186539560
Obviously have a Katana or two, wear a trench coat and the Pharis hat, get the red eye ring aswell if you want to be extra edgy
>>
>>186539539
Most computers that can run Scholar of the First Sin can't run DS1 properly
god bless dsfix
>>
File: acfa motherwill.jpg (108KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
acfa motherwill.jpg
108KB, 1280x1024px
>>186539034
>I just don't like the idea of souls with robots

alright senpai
>>
>>186539935
Which one would you recommend the most
I like Mech building thanks to Gundam Breaker 3
>>
>>186539153
From's cheat detection is entirely save-file based, SM being the only variable checks in DaS2 from what I've seen. Graphic and UI mods are safe.
>>
>>186540132
Thanks for the info lad
>>
File: motehrwill.jpg (117KB, 1200x767px) Image search: [Google]
motehrwill.jpg
117KB, 1200x767px
>>186539278
Dark Souls is a weird bastard child of Evergrace combat, Armored Core story/equipment, and shadow tower aesthetics.

>>186539496
The fact that you can't buy Kotobukia model kits where you can equip your character with the armor and weapons you use in the game is a shame.
>>
>>186539174
Sunbros are easy as fuck because you can just do co-op and there's a lot of opportunities for co-op. Invasions depend on your pvp skill but I think doing those the regular way is the fastest. Autosummon covenants are the worst because there are way too many Darkmoons / Watchpups compared to eligible hosts.
>>
>>186540132
can i get banned for having a sm of 92m before leaving majula?
>>
File: 1464114933083.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1464114933083.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
>no matter how long you spend in character create in DaS2 your waifu will still have manshoulders

captcha: swole house
>>
File: dark-souls-miyazaki-feature.png (328KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-miyazaki-feature.png
328KB, 640x360px
>>186526647
>devoid of all worldly wants
>looks treasure and corpses
>is a vendor
>>
File: what ac game.jpg (2MB, 2200x3696px) Image search: [Google]
what ac game.jpg
2MB, 2200x3696px
>>186540093
Armored Core Last Raven is kind of the undisputed masterpiece of the series, but it's way too hard for a first time player, and is made with the understanding that you've already played others.

>"What is the best one for a beginner?"
Armored Core 3.

Good alternatives depending on what you want:

>"I want dual analog support and easier controls."
Armored Core Nexus, but it will be harder.

>"I want pretty visuals and anime-style rush"
Armored Core For Answer, but the gameplay will be awful and too easy, also less relevant to the rest of the series.

>"I want multiplayer lots of stats-heavy focus and high replay value"
Armored Core Verdict Day, but it will be harder and less relevant to the rest of the series.

>"I only want to play a single AC game, and I don't care how hard it is."
Armored Core Last Raven.
>>
>>186536658
Only when he's Gwyn, whose natural powers were over lightning.
>>
>>186541170
Thanks anon
I'll grab Nexus first and then get on Last Raven/3 after I get buried by John Cena
I played one of 'em on the PSX I believe and I totally forgot about this so I am suprisingly hyped now
God bless
>>
>>186540529
Would be fine. To clarify SM is only checked in accordance with your stats and possibly gear levels so higher the better. It's a lazy detection system that only catches straight up character editing.
>>
>>186539560
>workin on a build
>those stats
>those souls
You ain't workin' on shit.
>>
I've just finished the Abyss Watchers. Please tell me this is the most bullshit this game is ever gonna be. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'm gonna be quitting this shitty Bloodborne wannabe with no health regain and no dashes.
>>
File: demifiend is surrounded.jpg (66KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
demifiend is surrounded.jpg
66KB, 720x540px
>>186536107
The fact that sotfs adds an additional ending makes me thing he walked away,kinda liked the extra ending Nocturne added ended up becoming the True Ending
>>
>>186540093
>>186541472

Gundam Breaker 3 is literally Bandai Namco stealing armored core's customization system after they bought the franchise, if you liked the mech building in it, you'll love any armored core game.
>>
>>186541558
Guess you better quit because abyss watchers are one of the best bosses in the game
>>
File: 1458095474506.jpg (82KB, 590x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458095474506.jpg
82KB, 590x720px
>>186541558
Uninstall now
>>
>>186541558
aside from a minor improvement for Pontiff/Dancer, everything after the abyss watchers is downhill from there.
>>
>>186541558
>Disliking Abyss Watchers

Faggot
>>
What stats should I invest in if I'm only using a crossbow?
>>
>>186540483
thanks for the tips. i'll probably just plow through sunbros cause there's always people looking for help with twin princes or dragonslayer armor
>>
>>186541690
I'm so glad the "canon" armor for DS2 is the Faraam Set and not the Elite Knight set that everyone seems to spam
>>
>>186541834
Faith and Luck.
>>
>>186541834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaxjfqygsvI

Get enough vitality to carry 6 crossbows
>>
>>186541834
Health and weight cap, same for every raw/vig-gouge build. Use the stats you would be putting toward scaling instead toward maxing out health and armor.

You could also use faith to further your ability to tank hits and heal.
>>
>>186541902
Elite Knight was the DS1 cover art so i can see why a lot of people used it

i haven't played DaS2 so i don't know how good it is in that
>>
We honestly need more humanoid bosses in the Souls series
DS2 stands as the sole shining beacon that proves that more humanoid NPCs are good ,especially since it more than managed to keep them varied and intersting,and it also did wonders for the armors and weapons you could get
>>
Dark Souls 1 or 2 replay? Getting a bit bored of 3.

I'm wanting to do a pure faith run if that helps.
>>
>>186541893
Nameless king is also extremely popular for hosts to summon for
>>
>>186542073
>>
File: Sir Lance Alot.jpg (134KB, 1001x583px) Image search: [Google]
Sir Lance Alot.jpg
134KB, 1001x583px
>>186538717
Behold, Sir Lance Alot!

>Also I unironically liked DS2 dogs as they all pile on each other and are thus easily dispatched
Better than DS3 teleporting dogs, that's for sure. Dogs die fast, but they can be quite dangerous in groups for shieldless, low poise characters.
>>
File: 1461893784722.png (11KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1461893784722.png
11KB, 321x322px
>>186542071
>people shit on DS2 for bosses being humanoid
>all of the bosses people like in DS3 are humanoid
>>
>>186542071
The reason DS2 has so many humanoid NPCs and bosses is because it's designed by older from soft developers, and in older From Soft games, the enemies usually used the same equipment you did, basically all bosses were NPC invaders, which is an easier way to fit 400+ weapons onto a single disc, since you don't need space for unique boss models and graphics.
>>
>>186542073
>pure faith run
DS2 faith is abhorrent and in DS1 it's mediocre though serviceable.
Faith builds are at their funniest in DS3 though you need to go into ng+ to start using them for full power.
>>
>>186542073
2 is more fun and 1 is just plain annoying at certain parts
>>186542037
You can buy it off the black guy right away and all the armors he sells are viable for the entire game
>>
>>186541776
>downhill
As in "it's less interesting" or as in "it's less 'you want estus? too bad, fuck you'"?
I can't really imagine how it would be less interesting since every boss before sucked more or less, and this one both sucks and is cheap as fuck.
>>
>>186542071
But the bosses in DaS2 were garbage.
>>
>>186542416
pure faith is the strongest class in DS2 though, and starting faith and then going hexer halfway is the easiest way to play the game
>>
>>186542391
people shit on ds2 bosses for having similar movesets and tactics and really low quality of vast majority of boss fights
>>
>>186542071
The problem is they made most of the awesome looking bosses shit in 3.

>Wolnir
>colossal skeleton lord who conquered kingdoms corrupted by the abyss
>hit the shiny things a couple of times
>dead
>>
File: 1459953501860.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1459953501860.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
>>186542530
>pure faith is the strongest class in DS2 though
Hello, are you playing pre-patch? You must be playing pre-patch. DS2 faith is garbage, by far the shittiest casting class in 2 and way worse than both DS1 and 3 as far as miracle arsenal goes.
>last ds2 dlc finally added a new offensive miracle
>guess what, it's the worst miracle in series
>>
>>186542504
DS2 bosses were pretty much great(Bar the Church boss,thats not even a proper boss wtf)before they got their health nerfed
Now a lot of fights that were pretty great just end too quick.Covetous Demon had pretty cool gimmicks but you're now capable of killing him in 5 hits so whats the point
>>
File: 1502404229907.jpg (138KB, 677x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1502404229907.jpg
138KB, 677x1200px
LALATINA YOUR MINE NOW
>>
>>186542482
Less interesting and more bullshit.

Abyss watchers let you parry, backstab, and stagger them, so it's more like fighting an invader than a boss.

But most of the bosses after abyss watchers are puzzle gimmicks or have very specific rhythm game roll timing to avoid death combos. Soul of Cinder, Pontiff Sulyvahn, Dancer, Champ, and Nameless King are probably the only bosses after abyss watchers that are actually worth fighting.
>>
>>186542752
>Covetous Demon had pretty cool gimmicks but you're now capable of killing him in 5 hits so whats the point

so true. didn't even know he had a move that de-equipped your armor until the 5th or so playthrough
>>
>>186542676
Faith might be the worst caster class for pvp but at least you dont have to beat 2 bosses just to unlock it like Pyromancy
>>
>>186542752
Being harder won't make a shit boss better.
Sinner always was the worst artorias clone known to man. Covetous always was a slow and utterly unintimidating piece of shit
>>
>>186542918
Oh, DS2 pyromancy was a thing?
I honestly completely forgot. Yeah, that was even worse and obviously hamfisted at last second.
>>
>>186542872
I don't have a problem with the phase where there are several of them, I actually thought it was cool.
It's the "Artorias on crack" phase that was cheap as fuck. I did it by chipping away at him very slowly and I still have no idea how the fuck you're supposed to do it legit.
>>
>>186542676
>Strongest projectile spell
>6 free early game heals in a game that only gives you 3 estus flasks in early game
>Strongest infusion class that most enemies are weak to
>strongest defensive buff (great and magic barrier)
>strongest offensive buff (sacred oath)
>infinite homeward bones (homeward)
>best AoE (heavenly thunder or soul appease)

even post-patch faith is still the strongest, it's just not a "mash R1 and throw projectiles" class like sorcery is.
>>
>>186542928
>Being harder won't make a shit boss better
Thats pretty much the opposite of everything DS1 did ,where every boss was just 2 attacks but 10 times the health of the last boss
Sinner was cool due to incorporating low visibility (That you can actually avoid you explored a tiny tiny bit before running straight to the fog) into the fight and had a cool overall design.
Plus in NG+ the Witch of Izalith gets more control over him so he ends up summonig pyromancers to aid,which was a cool addon
>>
>>186543101
You're supposed to use a straight sword or claymore and press R1 repeatedly so that you stagger him into 2-4 hit combos, or you're supposed to backstab him.

"Artorias on crack" describes at least 4 other bosses in the game. Sorry. It really does go downhill with the attack spam and expecting the player to button mash to win.
>>
>>186542928
>Lost Sinner is an Artorias clone
Just because they have similar "berserker" style of fighting, doesn't mean it's a clone.
And yes, Covetuous is too easy for its interesting gimmicks to be relevant, that's the point.
I don't know why I'm replying to you, I bet you're the kind that hates DS2 irrationally and resorst to circular reasoning.
>>
>>186543101
>"Artorias on crack" phase

DaS3 bosses have a tendency to do ridiculous chain attacks that you can only avoid via roll spamming. Supposed to reward patience and keeping distance I guess.
>>
>>186543101
He can be parried, backstabbed, and staggered.
If you want to cheese, you can literally just run from him.

Eventually he will do a combo that ends with a front flip ground smash, at which point rolling forward places you directly behind him for a free backstab, then a charge attack on wakeup.
>>
>>186543156
>projectile spell with such a windup and awful tracking you're better off just using bow of want to chip shit into oblivion
>6 free early game heals mattering when healing wares give you 20 and then you can buy them for 300 a piece
>anything but blunt being the most broken shit for pve
>buffs being a sign of a pure faith build and not just a hybrid
>homeward bones mattering with feather
>aoe spells mattering after ds1
There's so much wrong shit about your post i'm actually kinda amused, anon.
>>
>>186542538
>having similar movesets
What you mean like
swinging their weapon or something
>>
>Spot lone host
>Go in for a running R1
>Host waves as you attack
>>
>>186543713
>multihit combo
>lunge
>delayed attack or a grab
>sometimes aoe of some kind
i just described 90% of humanoids in ds2
they utterly lack any fun gimmick that would allow their fights to feel unique with the exception of mirror knight maybe, and without summons he was just another shit ds2 boss
>>
>>186543829
>invade
>Spawn next to host and automatically attack him
>As I'm about to hit him with the final hit I see other red phantoms around
>I just killed a host of a fight club
>>
>>186543914
>i just described 90% of humanoids in ds2
And DS3, DS1.
Also non-humanoid enemies.

Top kek
>>
>>186543914
You described every single boss in the series , other than the nice gimmick ones
>>
Can someone link me a greatshield build for DS3?
>>
>>186544056
in ds3 humanoids are actually diverse as fuck
dragonslayer armour plays completely different from homoprinces, homoprinces play absoultely different form any other humanoid boss too, the only case of at least partial samefaggotry is friede and abyss watchers and even they are distinct enough to require different tactics
in ds2 when i see one humanoid boss i see all of them, you can use the same tactic repeatedly against any of them
>>
File: PUNISHED BRO.jpg (63KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
PUNISHED BRO.jpg
63KB, 1024x576px
anyone want to help a nigga out with early Dancer?

PC
SL31
pass: /dsg/
>>
File: 1502475008932.gif (1MB, 320x184px) Image search: [Google]
1502475008932.gif
1MB, 320x184px
Anyone on PS4 down to do a fresh jolly cooperation playthrough starting at High Wall?
>>
>>186544293
>you can use the same tactic repeatedly
>Tactic being Dodge and then attack
>Used on every boss in the series cause Miyazaki is a fuck
>>
>>186542135
he's my most frustrating boss so it's probably good practice. good idea!
>>
>>186543829
>Hear Chameleon sound
>Drop down from a ledge, plunge attack suspicious pot
>Follow up R1 kills the phantom
>It's another red

Committed sudoku off a cliff straight afterwards
>>
>>186542752
>>186542504
>>186542071
>>186543295
DS2 has just as many good bosses as DS1 or DS3, but because it has twice as many bosses overall, it's heavily watered down. It also has fewer "awful" bosses like Bed of Chaos.

>>186543398
Nah, they have a legitimate point. DS2's bosses did lack variety. If you look at the other games, most of the bosses aren't really straight up fights, but they're like mini tutorials about how to play the game, like how moonlight butterfly teaches players what magic defense is and how to use bows/crossbows/firebombs if they haven't learned already, Asylum demon teaches you how to do a plunging attack/critical, Gwyndolin is literally a stamina race, Gaping Dragon is an endurance contest, Iron Golem is about stagger, Nito is about toxic.

DS2 has a lot of bosses where their gimmicks go unused throughout the rest of the game, or their gimmick is just "they have a different attack you haven't seen before".

It's not really humanoid vs non-humanoid but about how humanoids are limited in what kind of gimmicks you can do. DS3 does a good job with giving its humanoids more unique aspecs (esp. Sully and SoC) but bosses like Nameless King, Champ, and Dragonslayer Armor aren't really much better than the average DS2 boss's "strafe and r1" style.
>>
>>186544396
in ds2's case you don't even need to dodge as they have enormous blind spots on their back and easy as fuck to bait into attack
>>
Never noticed this, but even though it is still better to destroy the egg sacks, the giant arm in the Curse-Rotted Greatwood fight takes double damage compared to the eggs.
>>
>>186543295
>Ds2
>Witch of Izalith
Do you even know what game you played l mao
>>
>>186544432
Champ alone with his ultra-aggressive combo-based combat style utterly annihilates vast majority of DS2 bosses, the fuck you're talking around.
>>
redpill me on hexers
>>
>>186543295
>him

>>186544617
Read the lore and look more carefully. It's pretty heavily implied that the Lost Sinner is the reincarnated Witch of Izalith.
>>
What happens if you destroy lotsa eggs in Dragon Aerie and the dragon knocks down the bridge?
Is the other side unnacessible then?
>>
>>186544432
>but because it has twice as many bosses overall, it's heavily watered down

Don't know why they felt the need to add all the shit filler bosses. They're neither interesting or difficult and bring nothing to the game. Like Prowling Magus, a five year old could do that.
>>
>>186544665
dark orb spam machines
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>186544432
>Nah, they have a legitimate point.
I'm not sure why did you quote me. I mostly agree with you, I'm saying Lost Sinner is not an Artorias clone at all.

>>186544293
Dragonslayer armour:
>multihit combo
check
>lunge
check
>delayed attack
check
check

Abyss Watchers:
>multihit combo
check
>lunge
check
>delayed attack
check
check

Friede:
>multihit combo
check
>lunge
check
>delayed attack or a grab
check
check
>>
>>186544730
Its not the lost sinner,rather the bug
It takes control over her during the boss fight
Unless the bug is supposed to represent the bed of chaos taking over the witch in DS1
>>
>>186544665
DaS2: Pretty much the most broken (and fun) caster class in the game.

DaS3: Literal hot trash because Miyazaki decided that we couldn't have fun.

>>186544739
You go back to start and reload the area. But you'll go back to start regardless because they'll only destroy the bridge once you're already on it.
>>
>>186544739
Just the more eggs you destroy the faster the bridge gets destroyed. It respawns.
>>
>Kill phantom parry king, literally couldn't parry an entire stamina bar of R1s
>Drops 40k souls
>>
>>186544849
except all of those bosses also have unique gimmicks and special abilities that make them stand out
dragonslayer has his hold attacks, shield punishes and support from butterflies
abyss watchers start as a mutli-fight then gains lingering hitboxes on all his abilities
friede has such an immsense shitton of attacks across all her phases it's really sad you even decided to touch her
meanwhile in ds2 when you see one humanoid boss, no other one will ever surprise you with anything
>>
God the two handed wielding pose for the Follower Sabre is dogshit.

The hilt isn't long enough, your character just grabs nothing
>>
File: 1500766796380.jpg (119KB, 535x608px) Image search: [Google]
1500766796380.jpg
119KB, 535x608px
>>186544379
>>186544379
Anyone? Pass is dsg
>>
>>186545091
>butterflies
do we know exactly what those things are? i've never had any clue as to what the fuck i've been looking at
>>
File: image.png (370KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
370KB, 666x666px
What does /Dsg/ think of AoA and TRC?
>>
>>186545308
They're what the pilgrims of Londor become after they die
>>
File: what still here.png (681KB, 676x768px) Image search: [Google]
what still here.png
681KB, 676x768px
>>186545306
Still here?
I just started a Dex character.
I'm up.
>>
File: 1464924385803.png (253KB, 680x460px) Image search: [Google]
1464924385803.png
253KB, 680x460px
>>186544293
>dragonslayer armour plays completely different from homoprinces

>swing big fukkin elemental weapon left-to-right 2-3 times then moves out of the way
>both have a vertical attack that's charged up before it's performed
>second phase he gets a partner that peppers the area in projectiles
>>
File: 1496509805227.jpg (63KB, 535x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496509805227.jpg
63KB, 535x960px
>>186545475
Word, I'll summon you in. Anyone else down to join? PS4, pass is dsg.
>>
>people who pronounce ornstein "ornsteen"
>people who think gough and smough rhyme
>people who pronounce think the C in ciaran makes an S sound
>>
File: executioner smough mstaint.jpg (242KB, 1112x1524px) Image search: [Google]
executioner smough mstaint.jpg
242KB, 1112x1524px
>>186545886
>>
>>186545849
I'll try to see if it's possible for a SL 120 to connect, and how badly I'll be downscaled.
>>
>>186545091
>except all of those bosses also have unique gimmicks and special abilities that make them stand out
Same as most DS2 humanoids.
Looking Glass Knight fight happens under heavy rain, so you're weaker to lightning. He uses lightning. Shield completely blocks everything and reflects spells. Cans summon NPCs and Players to assist him.
Lost Sinner fight happens in a dark area, you have to go out of your way to lit the place or use a torch, otherwise, you won't be able to lock on her due to reduced lock on range and her high mobility.
Alonne attacks relentlessly, can delay some attacks and is overall tricky to dodge. Has ranged attacks and has a boost mode if he impales you. If you manage to defeat him in less than 5 minutes without being hit, he commits sepukku.

You made a very generic description earlier, so generic that applies to 90% of the bosses in the series, then gimmicks, that weren't relevant to the point, but also forget DS2 bosses also have gimmicks.
>>
>>186545886
Ornstein is obviously pronounced as OrnÅ tajn and Ciaran as Tsiaran,but what do you mean Gough and Smough don't rhyme?
>>
>>186544765
1. Bandai heavly pushed DS2 as a "big expansive" game far larger than DS1. It's main selling point was that it apparently would be a continent-wide game where you can really explore. That was heavily curbed by the fact that the company was way understaffed for the project, Miyazaki's first choice for director turned out to be a pile of shit, and Bandai demanded a multi-generational release due to fears of competing with BB

2. DS2's developers were experienced with the PS2 era Armored Core, and believe that more freedom, more content, more mechanics, and more variety = what players want. This is because AC's main sales gimmick during the 2000s was the customization and fitting "over 400 weapons!" on a single disc.

The result was a game that focused more on putting tons of bosses, items, weapons, mechanics, easter eggs, and gimmicks into the game rather than focusing on graphics. The framework for adding all of those things though is much better than DS1/DS3's and that's why a lot of people still like DS2. There's a lot of things in DS1/DS3 (like how they handle left hand weapons, respecs, NG+, etc.) that just fundamentally couldn't be fixed in a patch, whereas DS2's varied stats did allow them to patch the game to a really good balance since by giving the players all those choices, they gave the developers the ability to tweak those choices too.
>>
>>186546018
You shouldn't be downscaled, I'm 120.
>>
File: 1471898186600.jpg (17KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1471898186600.jpg
17KB, 326x326px
>>186545886
You think that's bad?
Oceiros
>>
>>186546195
Start without me, I'll shoot you a (You) when I'm ready to join
>>
>>186546065
>>186545091
Don't forget Freja's head falls off and the spiders run away with a torch, and in NG+ you can fight him in a completely different location.

Lost Sinner summons pyromancers too.

Velstadt regenerates health if you let the fight go on too long.

Flexile has the rising water line

Smelter's first form is physical, second form is pure elemental

Najka has the tree that can be knocked down

Dragonriders will team up on you if you go in with summons

Giant Lord can be lured toward the fireballs

Darklurker has no gimmick but I'm mentioning it because he's an a+ boss fight
>>
>>186545849
Wait, who are you?
An Anon summoned me, but I don't think it's the right one...
>>
>>186546403
Claytus/Healslut
>>
>>186546243
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIfUB376xvU
LIIIIIIQUIIIID
>>
>>186546501
god speed to you brave healslut.

-anon from last night
>>
File: 1481139521791.jpg (132KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1481139521791.jpg
132KB, 768x1024px
>>186542843
Wouldn't mind entering his sister's Darkness if you know whut I mean. ENB's a lucky bloke because you know he's tapped that. And I bet that she gives him a sucky sucky every now and then because he's been single over what,over a year now in a bunghole town so I bet the sis has to relieve him of all the stress with a little special massage.

>>186543101
When he does the attack that leaves a flame trail, if you roll to your right and his left he will whiff and you can punish his ass. I really love the Abyss Watchers fight so I don't really understand why you hate it but each to their own eh.
>>
>>186546501
Really? I do fuck all damage against everything...
You aren't on NG+ are you...?
>>
File: 1502126400029.png (99KB, 213x197px) Image search: [Google]
1502126400029.png
99KB, 213x197px
>Don't need to kill the DLC boss to unlock arena
Did they change this? I'm happy now
>>
>>186546673
I'm pretty sure you still need to do that but it stays across NG cycles if you unlocked it in NG.
>>
File: 1501983735237.jpg (85KB, 673x709px) Image search: [Google]
1501983735237.jpg
85KB, 673x709px
>>186546639
Thanks senpai, trying to get Sirris's gesture so I can get DMB, something I forgot to do last playthrough.

>>186546659
I'm on NG+3
>>
>>186546885
whoops thats what i meant
>>
File: image.jpg (477KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
477KB, 1920x1090px
Fuck this faggot nigger cunt, one fucking sliver of life left
>>
>>186522906
Reminds me of dark souls 2 pvp videos
>>
>>186532103
Wish they put some effort into the falling/thrown away animation for dark souls 2
>>
File: 350[1].jpg (13KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
350[1].jpg
13KB, 350x197px
What if Ludleth just has really skinny legs and he's sitting on his knees?

"Fret not, fret not. My feet are here firmly planted. For I am a Lord, and this is my throne."

Confirming he has feet.
>>
File: Cadiot3.jpg (6KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
Cadiot3.jpg
6KB, 500x512px
What are the flashiest weapons the dual wield in DaSIII?
>>
>>186546195
Okay, I'm ready to go. What's the closest Bonfire?
>>
File: froggy.jpg (23KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
froggy.jpg
23KB, 300x450px
>>186546976
Oh fucking shit.
I brought my NG+0 Dex Fag out...
Where to? I can provide Sorcery support with my Magical Girl instead.
>>
File: 1500067764710.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500067764710.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>186548002
>>186548047
I'm at the Undead Settlement bonfire now, let's do this lads, pass is dsg
>tfw killed Bordt in 3 Sunlight Spears
>>
>>186546192
>rather than focusing on graphics.

and rather than focusing on actually making most of the bosses good. Same for the level design and world design. Also little focus on making a good release.

I still enjoyed it. Like with all the souls games
>>
>>186545353
Good DLCs that are overshadowed by the fact that they were clearly meant to be a single DLC, and did literally nothing to create a meaningful end for the series. They're basically exactly what I would have expected if dark souls 4 was already announced (or if there was going to at least be more DLC content) but it seems like they phoned it in instead and just moved on to the next IP. I don't blame them though.

Worth buying and playing if you like DS3. Not essential like the DS2 DLCs were though, and won't save the game if you already have a low opinion of it.
>>
>>186545213
They really should have made it a paired weapon with the follower torch.
>>
>>186548191
Sign is in the doorway to the suicide ledge
>>
>>186548191
Sign down.
Ready for action.
>>
>>186548294
Yeah, DS2 definitely feels like they were trying to make a really good PS2 game for 2014. They misjudged what the audience really wanted emphasized and didn't know how to make the unique stuff about it easily accessible and notable.
>>
>>186548191
My sign is in the house corner if you guys aren't full
>>
File: 1481025998276.jpg (267KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481025998276.jpg
267KB, 1280x720px
>>186545353
>AoA
Super comfy levels. I like fighting the Farron and Millwood mobs, love the snow and blizzard effects and just walking slowly around the areas in comfy armors like the Faraam, Millwood and Follower sets is 5/5. Bossfights are a bit... I can't say Friede is bad but I think Father Ariandel should've been a one time thing and Friede's third phase buffed. Greatwolf was decent but not DLC quality boss. Weapons in the DLC are gud and Vilhelm's set is godly.

>TRC
TRC was almost everything I wanted out of a DS3 DLC. The Dreg Heap was a pretty neat vertical level and the Angel puzzle was interesting. Earthen Peak Ruins was kinda shite to be honest. Demons were a cool boss and the Old Firelink was a nice touch as well. The Ringed City itself is the meat of the DLC. The sections are a bit stupid like the Harald corridor but otherwise the level design and the visual design of the city is great. The bossfights in TRC proper are a mix. Player Spear is Old Monk 2.0 except the painting guardian assholes keep on being shit disturbers and halflight is kind of a shit boss. Midir is a pretty cool bossfight . Gael is fucking amazing tho'. Gael's arena looked fantastic and appropriate for the culmination of the player's and the series' struggles. Gael is aggressive, he hits hard but he is fair.

Overall I would say that AoA was worth 10$ while TRC is easily worth 15$.
>>
>>186526647
>seems like it's some meta commentary about having to make sequels to a game that doesn't need a sequel due to financial obligations and contracts.

>people actually believe this
>People actually believe the painted world of ariandel is some meta commentary about moving on from the souls series

I have seen this quite a few times and it makes me cringe every time.
>>
File: 1499365145571.jpg (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499365145571.jpg
49KB, 250x250px
>>186547828
>his elbows aren't resting on anything
Jesus fucking Christ I can't even get the words out on how I feel about this lazy fucking game
>>
>>186548828
Something like that I guess. It feels more like they didn't really have a good plan at all though.
>>
I'm having a hard time choosing a loadout so mayve /dsg/ can help me. I've been running Gael and Black Knight Greatsword together but I've been thinking about swapping Gael's for Ringed Knight Straight Sword.

I feel like the Gael combo is turning into a crutch and I'm starting to rely on it too much. Is the Straight Sword Viable?
>>
>>186548427
>>186548793
>>186548852
At the dilapidated bridge bonfire now, need to proceed with Greirats quest then I'll summon you lads in
>>
>>186549176
Okay, see you then.
That invader was a piss-poor excuse of a purple, full Leonhard's, katana, kept parry fishing, and tried to fake being AFK.
>>
>>186549128
Straight swords are always viable in souls games
>>
>>186549176
So should I put my sign down at the bridge?
>>
>>186549275
I didn't even see him, was focused on opening that shortcut
>>
>>186549492
He dropped in right after we found Cornyx, invaded around that Thrall with the Flamberge
>>
Mail Breaker or Bandit Knife?
>>
>>186549369
Bonfire, bridge, it doesn't matter. Gonna do greatwood in a minute
>>
>>186549619
Mail breaker if you are a knight. Bandit knife if you are a knave
>>
Is this a bug? Every time a giant crab raises his arms to slam them down, they give you a free riposte out of nowhere right before it occurs.
>>
>>186549768
It's not. Giant crabs are easy as long as you stay in their face when fighting them. You can also parry the grab attack and stun them by jumping on them
>>
>>186549765
>OUT OF MY WAY FUCKING NOBLEMEN
>>
>the two pyromancy related corpses in the swamp
>one has the tome and the other has the pyromancer set
>master and apprentice

Good shit
>>
>get invaded
>we fight for a bit
>get summon because way of blue
>back off to let them fight
>the red just leaves
>this has happened 3 times today
I thought reds were the best or something and blues suck?
>>
>>186549087
Please don't post the dark souls 2 elite knight set. It hurts my eyes.
>>
>>186550176
you can only have so many forked blue tongues anon
>>
>>186550176
On average, anon

On average.

There are dark spirits who don't deserve to wear the red, too.
>>
File: 1499455851027.gif (1MB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499455851027.gif
1MB, 400x500px
>that raid-tier Greatwood fight
Good stuff lads, next up is the 2nd bonfire at Road of Sacrifices(Can't remember the name) Give me a few minutes to start Siegwards quest and I'll summon you boys in.
>>
>>186550176
I've noticed a lot of reds that talk shit here play at the low levels against new players. They get their shit kicked in against competent players around 100-125
>>
>>186550398
Halfway fortress?
>>
>>186549050
From Soft basically has 2 schools of thinking right now

>Pre-PS3 team members
Give players as many choices as possible to change how the game plays, so that they create their own style of gameplay and feel a true sense of accomplishment over that, even if it means that for many players, the game will be difficult or confusing.

>Post-PS3 team members
Make the games very fun to watch other people play, through flashy visuals, lots of surprise moments, and easily understood combat, and focus on streamlining /simplifying the UI and gameplay so that casual players don't have to customize much if they don't want to.
>>
>>186549087
That kind of detail isn't what makes a souls game "lazy" or not, or else you would be calling all the souls games lazy.
>>
>>186550398
That'll be the Halfway Fortress, good luck with the Corvian congregation and Mildred/Melinda reference
>>
Does anyone have a spare symbol of avarice?
Struggling with some farming over here. ps4
>>
Just died to vordt journey 12

>those moves I never got to see cause I killed him too fast
He's a cool boss, sad they neutered him for starting area
>>
>>186550469
>>186550557
That's the one, I'll be there shortly.
>>
>>186550478
What about the "good level design, world design, bosses and encounters" school of thinking? I like those members more than any of those.
>>
>>186550647
killed all of your Mimics?
>>
>>186550695
Just like the abyss watchers, it is a really fun boss if you are underpowered. Wish they game both of them more hp.

Even the deacons fight can be pretty hectic and spooky when you are underpowered
>>
>>186550647
If you really want it, I have an extra, but you'll need to make it fast, need to continue my adventure with Healslut. Where do you want to meet for one?
Pass is dsg, per usual
>>
>>186550647
>>186551005 here, too slow. Sorry.
>>
Can you only summon 2 phantoms at Crucifix woods?
>>
>>186551005
its ok
>>
>>186550953
The main issue with vordt is the ice breath he does that lets you hit him till your stamina bar empties.

The sad thing is him being a bad boss is what holds the first area back a lot. It would have been a way more memorable experience.
>>
>>186551226
Yes, it and post-Pontiff Irithyll are counted as special multiplayer zones since they reserve phantom slots for the area invaders, meaning you can only have 2 phantoms even with fingers on.
>>
>>186551226
Did you use a dried finger?
>>
Cat if you're here I haven't ditched you, can only summon 2 phantoms at Crucifix woods apparently. If you want to the Cleansing Chapel Bonfire and I'll summon you there
>>
>>186550767

That seems to be hit or miss no matter who is behind the project. From has always been decent at world design, but has very little experience with open world style games, so their world design has always been mission-based (DS2 and DeS are basically like this).

Bosses and encounters are also hit and miss, especially looking at AC where a lot of the encounters are better than anything in souls, but a lot of them are also completely mediocre.

From's level design has always been pretty good, at worst mediocre, especially with the older AC games that incorporated more puzzle platforming elements.
>>
Straight up best early game talsiman worth investing in?
>>
Well, I seem to be getting the hang of killing invaders. Heysel died in exactly one backstab.
>>
>>186551651
Canvas Talisman has the best spellbuff up to 40 Faith, up to 60 Canvas Talisman has the best balance of spellbuff and poise health on Unfaltering Prayer between Sunlight and Saint's.
>>
>>186551651
Regular Talisman. It offers you the best medium between spellbuff and poise casting (enough to tank 1 hit from pretty much anything, without sacrificing additional spellbuff) and carries you on to 60 faith. Canvas talisman might be worth investing in just for the extra early game spellbuff but it's poise casting is weak.

If you aren't using unfaltering prayer, then just use chimes. Clerics, then priests, then Yorshka's at high faith.
>>
File: 1502939084939.jpg (33KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1502939084939.jpg
33KB, 500x357px
>>186551748
>heysel fucking up the other invaders
>>
>>186551496
I'll see you there my man
>>
>>186551880
These Lycanthrope Hunters are not fucking around today, this is absurd
>>
The pointy-stick men got me, sign is in the same place if you can get there.
>>
You coming Alloy?
>>
>>186552969
Where to?
Sorry I had to do something.
>>
You lads want to do Cathedral or Ashes next?
>>
>>186546647
what's wrong with you
>>
>>186551754
False. Canvas is only good up to 40 Faith, stock Talisman is superior in every way once you hit 60.
>>
>>186554396
Oh I meant the regular Talisman in the second part there but I added Canvas there anyway for some reason, that's why I distinguished the two.
>>
>>186550856
It isn't guaranteed to drop in DaS3, you have to use the Lloyd's trick.
>>
>>186549768
It's like that by design. They expose their weak point right before that attack, if you're not fast enough you eat the slam attack.
>>
We need to just sprint to the boss desu
>>
>the absolute state of my framerate in cathedral
Feels like I'm wallowing in giant's shit desu
>>
Guys, I'm retarded and can't remember. What level should I stop at for low level Burg PVP?
>>
>>186554839
You aren't the only one
>>
>>186554839
Christ nigga I know...
>>
Deacons was a fucking bloodbath kek
>>
Are we doing Farron Keep next? I'll drop at the Crucifixion Woods Bonfire.
Healslut, are you barefoot?
>>186555258
The WA for OWCS is stupid, isn't it?
>>
>>186554546
that's why I was asking. If he had one alive I was going to tell him to farm.
>>
File: 1495474476789.jpg (177KB, 466x638px) Image search: [Google]
1495474476789.jpg
177KB, 466x638px
Alright lads, we can do Ashes and TRC next or we can continue to Farron Keep, your choice.
>>186555309
Possibly, does the Archdeacon Skirt not have footwear?
>>
How much bleed does carthus rouge add since it was nerfed?
>>
>>186555696
Won't be able to stay much longer, bu I'm thinking Farron. Where do you want the signs down?
I can't tell for sure.
>>
>>186555792
>>
>>186555792
If you're going to go by what Kekxtra says, around 20 additional buildup (also according to Kekxtra it used to be 50 before the nerf). Doing a full Luck build on Blood infusion also increases buildup by about 20 depending on the weapon.
>>
>>186555905
Farron keep bonfire it is lads. I'll be there after I proceed with Siegwards quest
>>
Why is Kalameet so small?
>>
Cat if you're still here I didn't see your sign and went onwards. If you're here just put your sign at Farron keep perimeter bonfire.
>>
In my defense, I thought I would survive with the Cat Ring. I'll get my sign at the Keep Ruins.
>>
>>186556360
How come Anor Londo was apparently scared of Kalameet when he was a turbo Manlet compared to other dragons and got shot down by a blind Gough?
>>
>>186556996
Put it at Farron keep perimeter if you don't mind
>>
>>186557290
Because (1) he was virtually immune to Lightning damage, which is all that the dragonslayers had to use against the dragons, and (2) just because he got shot down by Gough, doesn't mean he could be killed. All it did was temporarily ground him.
>>
>>186557291
Heading there now. This will be my last one for the night, once we kill the Watchers.
>>
>>186557531
Sounds good man, thanks for the help
>>
New
>>186557694
>>186557694
>>186557694
Thread posts: 753
Thread images: 151

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.