[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 780
Thread images: 135

File: thanks lloyd.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
thanks lloyd.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>Didn't look behind himself and got killed by the worst spell in the game
>>184112635

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
https://pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
https://pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
https://pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
https://pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >>>/vg/bbg

>KING'S FIELD
http://pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): https://discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: https://pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral
>>
gives me conniptions
>>
>>184195793

Thanks for the advice man

I'm not sure if I could fit GFD onto my build without sacrificing a more useful spell. Would throwing knives and the like be a reasonable replacement for the ranged chip damage?

I'm not entirely sure of what the poise breakpoint for halberds are. I can reach 25.40 with herald helm now I've lost the shield and dagger but I doubt that'd do much, any suggestions on getting more VIT for heavier armour? Lose a bit of VIG maybe since I'm running FaP+3?
>>
Add pyromancy filters to arena and summons
>>
>>184196289

Bows out-chip pyromancy builds, I get more trouble from decent bow users than I do from people who can use fire surge
>>
Will texture mods and shit get me softbunned?
>>
Am I still in arena/invasion range of 120 fags at 140?
>>
>>184196218
I'd switch Great Soul Arrow or Great Soul Dregs for Dart honestly, both of those fulfill similar purposes already. You can use Knives or Shivs instead but they're gonna do fuck all damage on your build compared to a fully kited Dart. And honestly you could probably lower your ATT to 24 if you wanted to cut a spell anyway, 24 is plenty enough FP for PvP and you likely won't use all those spells at once in a single fight that you can't just switch between later.

For poise an ideal amount in my experience is 27.04 for halberds. That's the 100% poise health breakpoint for hyperarmor against 2H Katana, Straight Sword and Curved Sword running attacks which are a big danger. If you just want to withstand regular 2HR1s from curved swords 21.43 is enough at 100% poise health.
>>
>>184196705
You should go up to 164
>>
>>184196167
yes
>>
>>184196289
Separate big weapons and small weapons.

This way str builds don't need to bitch how everyone never strikes first and other builds actually have chance to strike first without losing 70% of their HP.
>>
>>184196218
>>184196748
If he replaced Great Soul Dregs, he'd have no ranged nuke spell which is a requirement for all mages. I guess he could replace GSA but then his only 2 ranged damage spells would be "extremely low damage" and "extremely high damage" with no middle ground. If anything, he could drop soulmass since it's more of a self defense spell and he already has flashsword + soul greatsword.
>>
>>184197285
>If he replaced Great Soul Dregs, he'd have no ranged nuke spell which is a requirement for all mages.

Not really, especially if you have a melee weapon. Tinder is decent enough damage that his available spells having no middle ground that it's fine since support spells cover the other ends.
>>
>>184196748

Thanks so much for your help man

I worked out a (imo) reasonably fashionable highish poise set that'd meet those breakpoints, and from that I've been able to adjust my VIT to suit it

If I took off a spell slot, what spell would be least useful? I'm guessing I'd be able to manage without Flashsword given that I'm now meeting breakpoints but at the same time I don't particularly want to end up getting bullied to death every time someone happens to have upgraded a dagger

Can't thank you enough for the information though man, I was well on my way to making a very poor build given all the points I was wasting
>>
File: Possible Melee Caster INT hybrid.png (392KB, 1350x636px) Image search: [Google]
Possible Melee Caster INT hybrid.png
392KB, 1350x636px
>>184197527

Would help of course if I actually attached the screen-cap
>>
>>184197527
Personally I'd take either Great Soul Arrow, Great Soul Dregs or Flashsword off. The first two because in my opinion you only need one for the purpose of a damage ranged nuke, and Flashsword because I find it a mediocre spell on its own but with Tinder it has good range. You get the same use out of Flashsword from a Crystal Longsword/Lothric Knight Sword so it's your call.
>>
>duty fulfilled
>no ears
w h y
>>
File: Melee Caster Hybrid V.4.png (393KB, 1349x634px) Image search: [Google]
Melee Caster Hybrid V.4.png
393KB, 1349x634px
>>184197665
>>184197683

Alrighty, I think I've got things just about finalized then

-27 ATT, the breakpoint where an Ashen Estus Flask will fill my FP bar with minimal wasted "juice"
-26 END, an FaP+3 breakpoint
-Back to 12 STR because apparently drinking makes me do silly things with my stats
-39 VIG, breakpoint
-28+ poise, apparent halberd breakpoint that I wish I'd known a while ago
-LKS to replace flashsword for when fighting faster weapons, since casting would be relatively useless anyway. No shield since I can use the WA with an empty offhand
-Spells are a stagger tool, a chip damage/finishing tool, a combo spell for the tinder and a hard to avoid nuke

Thanks again for the help lads, if there's anything I've messed up please let me know. It'll take a solid few hours for me to think up a decent name regardless
>>
File: Now I'm motivated.jpg (19KB, 280x330px) Image search: [Google]
Now I'm motivated.jpg
19KB, 280x330px
>>184198193
Looks solid lad.
>>
What is it with aldrichcucks and defending the host? What are you hoping to accomplish? Not even singular faithfuls, multiple are doing this per invasion. Did I miss a meme or something?
>>
>>184198059
S U F F E R I N G
>>
>>184199123
Apparently the covenant is filled with dickheads who just want to be like bloodshades
>>
I hope they implement the true death mode into the DaS rerelease. It sounded so cool- in demons the death system was originally that recovering your souls automatically turned you human, but dying while in soul form (basically failing to grab your soul pile) delevelled you significantly. It'd be a fun optional difficulty, and would be made more fun because 90% of the time everyone playing would be online and susceptible to invasions. It also explains why the darksign exists as a usable item.
>>
>>184198193
looks nice but if this is a duel build I'd use great soul arrow/farron hail over dregs
>>
I'm thinking of replaying DS1 again, are the two tracer swords fun to use the intended way?
>>
>>184200019
They're both good individually. I've played with dual wield but honestly it doesn't feel any different than just using one without a shield.
>>
>>184200019
gold tracer is good in the offhand, which is how ciaran wields it but the dagger is just bad outside of criticals
>>
Can you edit your hair in DaS2 CE like you can in DaS3? Don't mean like changing the presets, mean like literally editing the hair to look something you normally can't get.
>>
>>184200019
gold tracer is good in any hand. In the right its a decent curved sword that unfortunately cannot be buffed, but is otherwise one of the best. In the left, it makes a nice compliment for slower bleed weapons like katanas, so that you can finish off the bleed proc. It also provides a good dps when you can get close range, but when that's not an option, the katana allows you to keep your distance and have a nice running attack
>>
>>184199408
Doesn't seem fair to punish bad/new players like that though, they'd just give up after being locked in an endless cycle of de-leveling and twink invasions. Decent players don't die often enough to really be affected by those mechanics.
>>
>>184200560
I don't think that's possible even in ds3. Only thing not normally available is more freedom with color/brightness
>>
>>184200660
There literally was a guy on /dsg/ that changed his beard and eyes to look like Gaels. It wasn't just clientside and would also show in multiplayer.
>>
File: 1450823157483.jpg (635KB, 996x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1450823157483.jpg
635KB, 996x1600px
I record videogames to make webms
>>
>>184200773
Anon-who-clearly-stole-an-older-anon's-low-quality-soulspear-spamming-sorcerer-webms-to-shitpost-kun, is this you?
>>
>>184200749
>There literally was a guy on /dsg/

Well at least it wasn't figuratively

That's a specific age option that could only be selected in CE, nothing to do with changing hairstyles, and there aren't any human NPCs that have unique features that'd require the implementation of those options
>>
>>184199408
>DaS rerelease
Only actually good games get rereleases, son.

>>184200019
I forget which one, but one of them inflicts Toxic with the R2. But unless you Collector's Edition, there's no way to get them until post-Lordvessel.
>>
>>184201020
Seems like more than just freedom with color/brightness to me.
>>
I just finished my first ds3 play through with a strength build. I did a curved sword and katana duel wielder in 2, and a katana wielding pyromancer in 1. I think I might replay ds1 next. What build should I do? Hows magic in ds1?
>>
File: Iron Fist cosplay.png (3MB, 1274x1334px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Fist cosplay.png
3MB, 1274x1334px
dead game
>>
>>184201384
better than in 2 or 3. melee is still more fun though
>>
>>184201348

Freedom with color and brightness? It's literally the hidden 4th age option added specifically so Gael could have that long as all hell beard. Hell, selecting it makes it so your chosen hair colour becomes your eye colour because they never intended players to be able to use it themselves
>>
(Goldstein)) and .exe boss fight is pure bullshit
One is fast the other heavy hitting
Nigger
>>
>>184201020
That's a different thing and has nothing to do with hair. It's a custom face plastered on yours.
>>
>>184201518
You sure? Tested it yourself?

>>184201954
Any other faces or is Gael the only one?
>>
>>184201954

That's exactly what I was saying, there are no unique hairstyles, Gael's unique beard comes from his custom age slider. Why are you replying to my post with what I've already said?
>>
>>184201592
>/pol/ack is retarded
And the sky is blue. Use the pillars you dumb cunt
>>184202112
Only Gael's afaik. Now that I remember, some guy had shown a couple of hidden sliders to make your face lopsided but I don't know how to mess with them. Also, it's actually the skin color affecting the color of the eyes and iirc you can make your actual eyes show through the face if you make them large enough. Getting Gael's face is easy as setting your age to 3 in CE. Also, goes without saying the lopsided slider wouldn't work on his face
>>
>>184202417
I'll shove a pillar up your arse
>>
Because of the quality nerf I want to rebuild my old Knight.

How does this look?
I mainly use the 2h Claymore. Straight Sword & Shield are backup weapons.

18 Dex for larger variety of weapons. Splitleaf for example.

Havels and FAP are mandatory.
One of the others can be replaced with Leo's.

I'm not sure about the buff.
Currently I use Carthus Flame Arc, which only costs 2 points extra.
But the damage is not much different from Resins.
I blessed weapon a good buff for my Claymore? I would increase my AR almost 600.
>>
>>184203164
>>
File: Picture 5.png (165KB, 692x429px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 5.png
165KB, 692x429px
>>184203164
I need a coffee
>>
>>184203164
>>184203237
looks perfect
>>
>>184203164
>>184203389
>18 Dex for larger variety of weapons. Splitleaf for example.

Splitleaf only needs 16 Dex which is the highest requirement for 99% of weapons on a pure Strength build. The only things you'll really be able to use with 18 are the Harald CGS and the Lothric Knight Sword, the latter of which doesn't really scale well with high Strength. I'd recommend taking a two points off Dex and 2-3 off Vigor and putting it in Endurance or Vitality.
>>
>>184203389
Switch chloranthy for prisoner's chain, drop vigor to 35 so chain brings it to 40. Bring END to 35 (40 with chain). Now you have 20 vit and 3 extra points to put where you want
>>
File: 1500849634900.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500849634900.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
So what grade would we give to ENB's run of the DLCs so far?
Shulva
+played all the bosses
+was online for invades
+didn't use chat as a crutch
-spent way too much time faffing around like a faget because he couldn't figure out the pillars
-was disrespectful to Batman
-summoned

Brume :
+did all bosses
+did Fume both with and without assen idols
+did not summon for bosses
-played offline so no invades
-did not do the entire DLC in one go
-responded to chat fag enablers

So imo Shulva was 9/10 and Brume was 7.5/10
>>
>>184203389
A 66 Str build is only good if you're using ultras, Heavy infusion is weaker on smaller weapons. While you're at it, you may as well hit 40 Endurance, ultras require as much stamina as you can scrounge up.

Carthus Flame Arc depends on spell buff, and at that amount a Charcoal Pine Bundle will get you more damage output. If you aren't doing a Pyro build, you might as well put the points somewhere else. Blessed Weapon is a better buff since the damage is non-scaling and it adds physical damage (which removes the issue of split damage).

If you optimize your build and remove the excess weight, you can save the point in Vit and maybe even swap Havel's for something else. But if you're going to actually use that 66 Str for something good then you may well still need it.

Beyond that, if you need extra levels consider PChain, it can free up 15 levels for putting into other areas.
>>
>>184203389

Take END to 26 or 34, those are softcaps with the FaP +3. VIG to 39 or 44, no point in playing inbetween. DEX down to 16. Ideally if you're playing with a ranged offhand you want Arbalest or Avelyn. Not got a clue as to why you want the pyro flame since your resins will likely add more than carthus flame arc, and with less easily resisted damage such as Magic (Pale Pine) or Dark (Human Pine). You'll also get more uses out of it without worrying about estus since your FP will greatly reduce your amount of casts, especially if you want to take advantage of your Straight Swords Weapon Art, which given you're using a Broadsword is really the only benefit it has left

Personally, I'd switch to either a Millwood B-Axe for a decent finishing weapon/hit confirm against parry spammers, or the Mace for another, lighter trading weapon with some phenomenal rollcatch potential

On that note, get some moe VIT and some heavier armour, you're maining a weapon that relies on trading with a medium poise armourset
>>
File: 296690_1495845792.png (123KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
296690_1495845792.png
123KB, 480x480px
>mfw I use the DS1 randomizer, check the hintsheet and it turns out that it put the large ember in the dlc
>>
>>184203389
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/227733
>>
>>184195923
>that webm
>>
>>184204234
Just use twinkling weapons. There are also a few boss weapons you can make with the upgraded weapons already in the game
>>
>>184204610
Thanks that looks great.
Didn't realize that PChain was so good.
Thanks for the input guys.
>>184203904
>A 66 Str build is only good if you're using ultras, Heavy infusion is weaker on smaller weapons
It is still a straight upgrade from by previous 40/40 character. Of course I will also use UltraGS, GreatHammer/GreatAxes from time to time, but Knight Armour and Claymore is my default playing style since DeS.
>>
>>184204785
Problem is, at anor londo and only found 3 twinkling. Maybe there's a place to farm it somewhere.
>>
Chloranthy Ring, or Red Eye Ring?
>>
>>184206779
>5 am
*Red Tearstone Ring
>>
what are good names for a healslut build?
>>
>>184206882
ThankYourHealer
>>
>>184206882
Paladin Yorlin
>>
>>184206882
Heals(capital i)ut
>>
What happens if I go past lvl 120? I see everyone using that level for character sheets. I assume thats just the agreed upon level to be? What do I do w/ souls after I hit 120? what do I do if i went past 120 already?
>>
>>184207192
as long as you are still at the point where you can be matched with people around 120, you should be fine. Going over 120 is only bad if you participate in fight clubs, which case, you will be downscaled a little. Arena and invasions you'll be fine.
>>
>>184207510
Has anyone hit 999? Why 120, seems arbitrary.
>>
>>184206882
wats the big heal
shaqquile oheal
wheel of heal
kneel for a heal
heal or no heal
>>
>>184206882
tulSleaH
>>
>>184207768
Maxing SL takes an absurdly long time and kills build variety/uniqueness

There is a maxed PvP meta but everyone having the same gear and setups is no fun
>>
File: ss.jpg (447KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
447KB, 1920x1080px
I just finished the first area of Dark Souls 2 and beat the Pursuer boss, And I've decided that I want to power stance axes and go shieldless most of the time. Is that viable? I know nothing about this game.
>>
>>184208062
As far as I remember most any build is viable for the base game. Do whatever you want my dude.
>>
>>184208062
Sure. Shield might come in handy for certain areas but entirely possible without
>>
File: 345t.png (31KB, 249x200px) Image search: [Google]
345t.png
31KB, 249x200px
what's the best infusion (most AR) for longsword

refined? currently using dark

pure physical better than split damage?
>>
>>184208062
power stance axes is the most fun build in the game, go for it

people severely underrate it because maces have a similar moveset but deal strike damage, but the non-PS axe moveset you have access to more than makes up for the very slightly lower damage
>>
Hypothetical: How would Dark Souls 2 have been received if it had been the 3rd game released? Not accounting for graphics of course.

Basically: DS1->DS3->DS2?
>>
>>184208353
the longsword has an unusually high scaling with elemental infusions, so chaos and dark are the best for it in terms of highest damage output. But for pure physical, pretty much any infusion will get the job done. It's pretty much a weapon that you can put on literally any build and it will be top-tier.
>>
>>184207768
SL metas were for people to meet up easily mostly for duelling, but eventually just became the agreed upon range for anybody who wanted reliable multiplayer connections for co-op as well.

120 was the des meta because that's where the average build felt "complete". The higher you go, the less of a build your character feels like. Dks 1 was 100 for a while because builds felt both complete and it was a clean number, but then some pvpers started going 120 to gain an advantage on 100s, then 125 to beat 120s, then 130 to beat 125s.

Dks 2 was 150 because ADP was a shit fucking mechanic that basically forced every build to spend 15-20 points just so rolls didn't feel shit. Pyros/Hexers went from requiring either 0 stats or 1 stat for optimal damage, to requiring 2 damage stats just to be relevant. Then people optimized souls gained because lmaosoulmemory and figured out they could match up with the average 150 even at SL 200, so that's where it was when 2 died.

Bloodborne was 90-100 because endurance wasn't a huge concern due to low stamina costs for dodging, so most builds could vitgouge with high str/skl/blt/arc depending on build.

Dks 3 was 120 because twitch shitters like brandon shilled 120 endlessly because he wanted to make a build with 2 damage stats maxed out while also having softcapped vig/end and enough vit to wear his usual generic outfit with DMB sellswords, and his mindless drones all obeyed his every command and made sure to convince every person on the planet to also play at 120.

120 ended up being absolute cancer, and with BB players coming from a game that stopped at 100 average, the playerbase got split between 95-100 and 120, with some people going 125-130 because they don't understand the basics when it comes to making builds and pushed themselves out of the 100 range. Some 100 players got tired of the pure cancer 120 players brought, so they made builds around 95-98/99 to just barely avoid those 120s.
>>
>>184208443
probably much better considering how if we got DS1, DS3, and BB back-to-back, people would be craving a different kind of game, on top of the bajillion weapons in the game. It's why people would say that it would be the best game in the series if it werent for the backward-ass design with SM, agility, and the general movement
>>
>>184205646
Ash lake is the earliest. But if you're in anor londo, you can just rush through until the giant and buy them
>>184207890
Wheel and deal
>>
>>184208062
If you go power-stance, you'll have to sink a bunch of points into Endurance. The paired attacks eat up a lot of stamina.
>>
File: 1455891809312.jpg (280KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455891809312.jpg
280KB, 1280x720px
>>184208443
>How would Dark Souls 2 have been received if it had been the 3rd game released?

I would've been disappointed to go from the evolution of the series toward a faster and more skill-based approach into a slow as fuck slog type of number crunching game that DS2 is.

Most of the bossfights in DS2 are garbage especially compared to DS3 / BB bosses and even the great DLC bosses are basically "on par" with the good fights from those games.

Even disregarding the graphics the level design is garbage, the level themes are way too inconsistent to fit with each other, ADP was a terrible design decision and I think the real reason for ADP was to deceive newbies into thinking DS2 was "hard" despite the fact that the only reason for it being harder were mechanics that were outright deceptive.

Dark Souls 3 is the real Dark Souls 2 though so it would've benefited DS3 a lot because DS1 and DS3 back to back would've formed a coherent package, with DS2 in the middle the way DS3 ties into DS1 after that isn't all that smooth.

The best thing for Dark Souls 2 would've just been to be called something the fuck else because it's a good game in it's own right but everything it does to tie to game back to DS1 fails miserably.
>>
In DS2, does 2handing a weapon actually multiply your str by 1.5 for AR calculations, or does it only help for meeting str requirements on weapons? I forget how it worked.
>>
>>184208848
As stated in earlier post, I'm playing with the randomizer, Twinkling isn't where it's supposed to be.
>>
>>184209106
No damage bonus, half the str req
>>184209246
You can farm it off clams, you god damn silly willy
>>
>>184209106
IIRC only helps with STR requirements. There's some ass backwards convoluted formulas for the increased damage but they aren't influenced by your stats.
>>
File: 1501243559787.jpg (48KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
1501243559787.jpg
48KB, 615x409px
How the fuck do you kill the giant swap sloths?
They seem really imbalanced for that area.
>>
>>184209106
Your "virtual" Str doubles, but the bonus is still calculated using your actual Str. So if you get 20 Str you can two-hand most weapons, but they'll hit like wet noodles.
>>
File: 1358805979604.jpg (1015KB, 892x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1358805979604.jpg
1015KB, 892x1200px
>>184209613
If you're a Sorcerer equip Clever Rat's Ring, Ring of Magical Sharpness and if you can (because the online is dead) Old Monk's Headwrap and blast them to hell in hypermode using something like Fire spray or just regular Soul Ray. Fire spray especially is op as fuck for the swamp.

For melee strats keep to the islands, never ever aggro more than one at a time and be very careful about rolling when you're near the edge of the island because sometimes even if the model looks like you're on the ground, sometimes the game thinks you're not.
>>
https://youtu.be/hYIvs2Rh89k?t=110
>>
>>184210992
>db
>>
>>184211225
So what? He exclusively posts invasions where he's up against multiple players. It's not like it's 99 like in 1 either.

And 90% of japs also seem to use siegbrau etc.
>>
>>184211310
>>>db
A "friend" had surplus and dropped him or does he only invade 15 times per ng?
>>
>>184211546
He seems to be on console so he probably duped with a friend and uses save backups.
>>
File: 63810506_p3_master1200.jpg (699KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
63810506_p3_master1200.jpg
699KB, 1200x750px
>>
>>184211310
>>184211546
>>184211619
Don't the giants drop DBs in TRC? I don't remember if they respawn but even if they didn't, using the purging monument probably brings them back anyway.
>>
File: 1440975889793.jpg (202KB, 1279x1657px) Image search: [Google]
1440975889793.jpg
202KB, 1279x1657px
I keep seeing the "DS2 movement deadzone" webm but I don't understand what it's conveying. I can move my character in any direction without installing a fix.
>>
>>184211913
Try only walking (ie only tilting the left stick slightly), I think you're stuck with 8-way movement then.
>>
>>184210063
As meme you don't see where the skulls are coming from. Then the fucking tree just fucks you off. I've yet to see a video where you can kill one as a usual melee for that level without losing hp
>>
Great Soul Arrow is my spellfu.
>>
File: DarkSoulsIII_2017-07-29_14-18-49.jpg (539KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsIII_2017-07-29_14-18-49.jpg
539KB, 1920x1080px
>Guts cosplay
>whips out a katana
>later he whips out a longbow
fascinating
>>
>>184211913
I think the complaint is more how sharp the movement and turning are. People call it floaty but if anything it feels sturdier to me.
>>
Doesn't matter what armor
What weapon
What attack pattern
Whar rings
2h or 1h
Shield that absorbs 95 or 100 percent
I keep dying against those two pieces of shit.
Whenever you try to attack the bad sonic rip off the fat piece of shit starts hammering at you.
Getting to the hammering piece of shit first is bullshit since the edgelord is quick to attack.
>>
>>184212621
maintain a good distance from biggie and he's harmless, try and trap him on the pillars if you can. focus on ornstein
>>
>>184212309
>I've yet to see a video where you can kill one as a usual melee for that level without losing hp

Well you have an Estus flask don't you?
Either way, the best way to kill one is to lead them to the cabin where you turn off the fire and then cheese them using the structure because they can't get behind it.

Also use a bow or a crossbow.

I almost never kill them though since you can just roll the fuck away from them and Farron Keep is such a shit area anyway.
>>
Am I correct in believing than, in order to hit max cast speed with the base sage ring, I would need 20 DEX?
>>
>>184209613
>>184210063
>>184212309
>>184213226
I'm extremely fucking confused right now. You guys are talking about the tree casters in Farron keep, right? The first post followed by the DeS post broke my brain for a few minutes.

If you are, best way to deal with them is to just iframe the tree slam then get a few hits in. If they slam the tree and skulls don't pop out, he's going to rip it out of the ground with the mud explosion. If skulls pop out, get a few hits in then panic roll away before the skulls come back down. If you deal enough poise damage to the center of their stomach they'll go into a riposte state, takes 3-4 swings with a twohanded mace for example.
>>
>>184213664
Correct
>>
>>184213664
Yes. Sage Ring +0 is 30 virtual dex, with 50 virtual dex being the softcap.
20 dex + Sage 0 = cap
15 dex + Sage 1 = cap
10 dex + Sage 2 = cap
You can also offhand the Saint Tree Bellvine and it applies the sage ring +2 bonus to all catalysts of any magic type.
>>
>>184213831
>The first post followed by the DeS post broke my brain for a few minutes.
Whenever someone asks for advice and doesn't help in specifying the game I give correct advice but for the wrongest game possible that would still fit within the original question.
>>
>>184213854
>>184214009

Cheers gents, helped me set up my build

I love the Saint-Tree Bellvine, the issue is that, unless it's been weakened, Scholar's Candlestick gives 12.5% extra sorcery damage, compared to the 12% I'd get with the Young Dragon Ring. Unfortunately with my build I can't afford both, so unless my information is incorrect this is how I'll get the most damage
>>
Is there ever a point in DaS1 where my fashion stops being the bits and pieces cobbled together from starting sets?
>>
Apparently the stam regen shields in DaS2 actually decrease your regen rate due to equip load.

What is the fucking point?
>>
I'm playing SOTFS. Tell me /dsg/, can all bosses be beaten by keeping a big-ass shield up and circling?
So far I've beaten
>Last Giant
>Pursuer
>Dragonrider
>Old Dragonslayer
>dragon in front of the Blue Cathedral
>Flexile Sentry (entire area is pretty much pointless since I already had a way to Lost Bastille anyway)
Also, I bought the cat ring for 13k souls and still die if I jump down the hole in Majula, the fuck is this shit?
>>184214765
When you realize going full Havel's for the poise beats muh fashion rolling every time
>>
>>184214765
Once you get to around sens/anor londo your fashion will consist of bits and pieces cobbled together from discovered sets.
>>
File: 1358925401051.png (477KB, 467x581px) Image search: [Google]
1358925401051.png
477KB, 467x581px
>>184214765
DaS 1 and DeS are the worst in fashion.
You either wear totally full sets (and in DeS you're even genderlocked for a lot of sets) or shit looks really horrible when you try to mix and match.

DaS1 also has the added downside of a lot of "regular soldier" armors looking fucking stupid on a human form character like the hollow soldier loincloths.

People can shit on DaS 2 and 3 all they want but at least the fashion is topper tier in them.

Also BB but BB has less "armors" per se and more just clothes.
>>
>>184214821
>can all bosses be beaten by keeping a big-ass shield up and circling?

Most of them yeah. Some, especially in the DLCs don't allow that bullshit though.
>>
>>184211893
They respawn but I think they drop it only the first time and I doubt the monument resets that
>>
>>184214821
>Also, I bought the cat ring for 13k souls and still die if I jump down the hole in Majula, the fuck is this shit?

take off your armor
>>
>>184215008
I'm running around naked cause I want that stamina regen
My shield and bastard sword are probably quite heavy though, I'll try without them
Is it normal that equip load raises fall damage? I don't remember that from DS1 but then again I've never had to survive a big fall to progress
>>
>>184215102
It was the same in 1 just to a lesser extent.
>>
>>184214821
The dragon isn't a boss.

>>184215102
>Is it normal that equip load raises fall damage? I don't remember that from DS1
It was changed from DS1 to DS2. Then BB went back to Demon's Souls fall damage and DS3 has a weird hybrid of mechanics where DEX and VIT govern fall damage and I think equip load matters SOME, but not as much as DS2.
>>
File: 1490939240076.jpg (73KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
1490939240076.jpg
73KB, 604x403px
>>184212621
>he can't beat biggie smalls
>>
>>184215239
Yeah I just listed the dragon because he was insanely laughable compared to the bridge dragon in 1
>>
>>184214821
Very few bosses can't be cheesed with a shield. However, off-hand abilities (powerstancing, magic) are stronger in no other game, so I'd recommend switching it up for more fun.
At least one boss you'll want to be using a torch.

>>Also, I bought the cat ring for 13k souls and still die if I jump down the hole in Majula, the fuck is this shit?
1. You take more falling damage if your equip load is high.
2. You probably haven't leveled VIG since it's so rare that you'll take damage.
>>
>>184215531
If you're trying to imply that magic in 2 is stronger than 1, I'm pretty sure you're wrong
Also, doing something non-shield is what I'll do with my second playthrough, turtling my way through PvE is just my comfortable way of beating the game blind
>>
>>184214821
>entire area is pretty much pointless since I already had a way to Lost Bastille anyway

It means you can skip Ruin Sentinels (good luck shield circling them). But you wanna go that route regardless since there's Lucatiel, good loot and a blacksmith along the way.
>>
File: 1362919371909.jpg (84KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1362919371909.jpg
84KB, 720x960px
How did ENB like Sir Analone fight from yesterday?

I peaced out when he started fighting Fume the second time.
>>
>>184215785
Well I'm gonna explore the entire Bastille either way
Right now, it looks about as useful as that completely pointless shortcut from Darkroot Basin to the Garden before Sif in DS1
>>
>>184212847
or kill Smough first if you want the Leo Ring
>>
>>184215785
>But you wanna go that route regardless since there's Lucatiel, good loot and a blacksmith along the way.
Lucatiel and McDuff are both easier to access from the Pursuer route, with Lucatiel being closer to that bonfire and the dark mook not being able to fuck up the barrel roll. I think I nearly despawned that negro trying to access McDuff from the boat route on my first character.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 900x1200px
why do people summon 3 phantoms? are they on ng+ or something? i feel like even one phantom robs you of the dark souls experience
>>
>>184216162
I find 2-man playthroughs with shit/dumb builds fun.

But yeah, big groups make everything boring.
>>
>>184216096
Right I forgot to mention, I already found Lucatiel and McDuff from that bonfire, yeah
Incidentally: What are the rules for gunpowder barrels exploding?
A halberd overhead destroyed them, but IIRC a bastard sword horizontal swing didn't. And they seem to explode if ever an enemy attack touches them
>>
>>184216096
Yeah I meant the Pursuer route, worded that badly.

>>184215947
Lost Bastille's layout is pretty deceiving, going via the Wharf skips a large portion of the level. Again I dunno why they designed it like that though since the other path has so much important stuff.
>>
Tell me, newfags
Did you ever hear the tragedy of the 4shits fag?
>>
>>184216162
>muh dark souls experience
The series was created with co-op in mind. Did you watch the DeS intro cutscene where slayer of demons summons like 6 phantoms ?

Yeah, co-op makes some things just effortless but at the same time people who are bad at the games can use summons to get through areas instead of crying to From to nerf bosses / encounters because their sorry asses are getting beat.
>>
>>184216162
Leading a full squad through a level while being hunted by 2-3 red phantoms is actually pretty fucking fun. Most hosts do it because they're faggots with bad reaction time, though.
>>
>>184216247
The barrel rules are a bit spotty.
Fire will always set them off
Magic will SOMETIMES set them off depending on the spell, but magic weapons won't.
Dark magic won't set them off but dark weapons will.
Maybe there are no rules.
>>
>>184216247
>Incidentally: What are the rules for gunpowder barrels exploding?

If your attack creates sparks when it hits the ground / wall it blows the barrel up in an explosion. I thought this was actually a pretty neat touch. Or just hitting it with a fire attack.
>>
>>184216162
Summoning 3 phantoms actually makes some fights harder than they would ever be alone.
>>
>>184216162
Why do people complain about others who summon phantoms? My guess is its some assblasted red who was trying to twink
>>
>>184216364
i dont know man. the way enemies fight where they lock on to someone besides you means way more breathing room, and dont even get me started on stunlocking
>>
>>184216162
>da dork sales experience
One summon is pretty good
>>
>>184216702
im not assblasted. hell, id go as far as to say that im pretty bad at pvp. i was just curious
>>
>>184216925
>id go as far as to say that im pretty bad at pvp.
That much is obvious if you're twinking
>>
>>184217132
i shouldve been more clear. i was invading but i wasn't twinking. assuming twinking means minmaxing your stats and gear for low level pvp
>>
File: 1493044085500.jpg (6KB, 150x150px)
1493044085500.jpg
6KB, 150x150px
>do some dark souls speedrunning
>half way through the run realize I'm online

there is no reason to reverse hollowing so it doesn't really matter but still
>>
https://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls2/66481
rate my shitty build
extra bullies wanted
>>
>>184217473
Any specific build or just general speedruns?
>>
>>184215301
I bet you used Solaire.
I bet a hundred bucks. I bet I am the only idiot who fights both at once alone.
>>
Souls HD remaster when?
>>
>>184217718
You aren't. They're e z p z maine.
Get off your high horse
>>
>>184217718
What a silly thing to bet on.
>lock onto Oreo
>keep your distance
>only attack when Smooch is way back and no danger
Nothing could be easier
>>184217601
Do quality builds in DS2 even need 40/40 STR/DEX? Sorry if that'S a stupid question, but I thought scaling is much weaker than in 1 and you only need whatever the weapon requirements are
>>
>>184217823
I'd tell you what you need for quality builds, but I don't know what a quality build is.
>>
>>184217473
Speedrunners almost invariably play offline anyway because the online mechanics would just contribute all kinds of random variables.

Oh, someone happened to put a message in front of an interactable object? Well have fun losing a second or two while you fiddle with that.

Oh, some fagass tries to invade and the fog wall goes up so you can't leave the area but they never invade so they just drive up your time?

Oh, your internet connection crapped out for a bit? Have fun going back to the title menu
>>
>>184217718
I beat them sl1 solo at ng, ng+ and ng++. Not ng+++ because I couldn't get past ng++ 4kangs
G E T
O
O
D
>>
>>184196663
yes
>>
>>184217950
Is this a meme or is there truly someone else who thinks 4 Kings are among the hardest bosses?
I don't know what it is, no matter what build I attack them with (except sorcery of course) my damage is laughable and they fuck me up easily
>>
>>184217709
Just doing basic gravelord sword ones.
>>
>>184218068
4 Kangz are easy for people who understand the basics of the fight (i.e it's a dps race, tankiness won't help much) but for people who only know DeS and DaS1 and thought they could hang back and play cautiously the 4 Kangz became 6 Kangz easily.

And the bar for "hardest bosses" was fairly low pre-DLC DaS1.
>>
So, my mates are redownloading DaS III and want to do a full playthrough with me

One wants to do a sort of quality build, the other is interested in a melee INT build (Tons of VIT, MLGS)

What sort of build might complement this? I'm tempted to go for a healer build and just keep them chugging away while relying on raw weapons up until we get solid gearing, then just go full on poisecaster
>>
>>184218068
4kangs are easy as fuck but on ng++ they do way too much damage to tank and they kept doing that bullshit attack where the king backs off for 3 million years to fire the soul arrow.
Reminder, sl1. They are cancer on sl1
>>
>>184218978
I totally missed the sl1 part, apologies. Guess I am the only idiot having problems with them on a real build
>>
>>184218927
Pyro or faith caster.

All melee is pretty dumb and you'll just be tripping over each other
>>
>>184218927
Healing is a fun thing to do in coop, but you probably want to toss in a few offensive spells in there like lightning arrows and stakes or something.
>>
In DaS3, when do I want to level VIT? After VIG and END, or after my damage stats like INT/FAI/DEX/STR?
>>
Why do all these babies kill Ornstein before Smough? Big O is easy, and killing Smough before Ornstein is even easier
>>
>>184219125
>>184219443

Oh I'll definitely be going offensive as I obtain shit like Stakes and Spears and the like. I'm just comfortable playing with weaker weapons so I ideally want to be playing a build that'll get them through the game

I'll definitely go with a healer then
>>
File: vO13nywKVMp-oeN9.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vO13nywKVMp-oeN9.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>184214125
>Scholar's Candlestick gives 12.5% extra sorcery damage, compared to the 12% I'd get with the Young Dragon Ring.

>not using all damage boosting items along with sage +3

It's like you guys have no idea on how to do proper builds.
>>
>>184219783
Because it's easier and quicker? Leo Ring is only useful for specific builds.
>>
>>184220010
there is no sage+3 nigga
>>
>>184216702
>some assblasted red
the only correct answer. nerds think that just because they've played the game before that they should be able stomp 4 v 1 because
>muh invasion experience
FALSE dark souls 3 pvp (especially invasions) is hard to get good at and posting about how you always get ganked in crucifixion woods doesn't change the fact that you still lose all your estus before you even get through the phantoms because your a retard who panic rolls into every other spammed r1.

saying that invasions are fucked in ds3 is the ultimate shit-player litmus test. OBVIOUSLY the game is stacked against you (try to think of it from the hosts perspective), but once you actually git gud you can invade 4v1s and get that ember 100% of the time. for better or for worse, pvp in dk3 is "solved". all you need to do is play optimally and not make mistakes
inb4:
>not make mistakes
easier said than done

kind of, but not really. 99% of players don't know shit about pvp and play the exact same way as everyone else. experienced invaders know that it can be as routine as invading npcs
>>
>>184216532
This, try beating ancient dragon(pre-nerf) in dark souls 2 with phantoms. Good luck getting past the AoE one-shot Armageddon.
>>
>>184219825
don't focus on only healing. You want to only heal after tough fights.

It's better to just burn down bosses with gnaw or lightning spears/ arrows. One regen heal or filli chime and a big heal should be all you need.

Don't be like those useless guys with only heal and buff spells who can't contribute any damage
>>
>>184216532
very few

summoning NPCs makes some bosses harder though. when I co-op I always have to run to the signs first and emote no
>>
>>184219783
You can kite them and Smough will take a while to catch up, so can get a few short 1v1s with Ornstein to whittle him down
>>
>>184220496
How do you do that outside ds2?
>>
>>184217817
My horse isn´t high! I don´t allow my horse so smoke weed.
>>
>>184221049
only really do co-op in das2 2bh. it's no fun in 3 since every host has 2 other phantoms with him, plus your healing is gimped.
>>
File: 1457714487563.png (203KB, 496x464px) Image search: [Google]
1457714487563.png
203KB, 496x464px
What's the best pyromancer armour?
>>
What is the general consensus on the FP mechanic? Do people prefer it over the limited uses system that the previous 2 games had?
>>
>>183788485

Shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1458484064016.png (1MB, 847x714px) Image search: [Google]
1458484064016.png
1MB, 847x714px
What's the current level meta in DS3?
>>
>>184222127
i think it's good but having to sacrifice estus for blue estus is retarded as fuck and i hate it
>>
>>184222326
There's not one.
>>
>>184222326
98 to avoid the fatty autist neckbeards at 120
>>
>>184222346
It makes sense on builds that spec faith in pve because you get more bang for your buck out of blue estus into miracle heals than orange juice (with the lower speed as a downside), but other than that I agree.
>>
>>184222270
Your ideas are bad and you should feel bad
>>184221220
Fair enough
>>
File: Qp2z0r6A0X7-IN-z.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Qp2z0r6A0X7-IN-z.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>184222127
Fp is much better than stacking a million copies of a spell.

The only real problem with the FP system is there aren't more ways to recover fp otherwise it's great.
>>
File: 1408130977625.png (25KB, 640x773px) Image search: [Google]
1408130977625.png
25KB, 640x773px
>>184223648

>FP doesn't recover very slowly
>>
>>184224275
I miss the days in DeS where I had my stats as a battle mage and wielded both a crescent falchion and a silver catalyst. FP would regen because of the falchion while shit out damage with the catalyst.
>>
>>184198193
Does Tinder R1 true combo into Soul Greatsword?
>>
Does anybody know what determines how much or how fast the bleed / poison bar is depleted after being hit by an attack with poison or bleed build up?

I am talking about any dark souls from 1 to 3, since apparently those mechanics work mostly the same in each of them.

Maybe there even is a formula and it would be great to know to understand how that stuff works since in the games it often feels like the resistance hardly does anything.
>>
>>184224569
You can do the same with simple but the damage is bad and the recovery is barely noticeable
>>
>>184211225
I carry DBs and Seigbrau on me when invading so that I can go full cancer when the situation calls for it.
>>
>>184224940

+ you can't infuse catalysts or scholar's candlestick making it as good as useless
>>
>>184216162
Because they are too shit to get through the game without summoning but also want the bragging rights for beating 'DA HARDEST GAEM EVURRRR'.

They are also terrified of invaders and dying.
>>
>>184220149
>Responding to webmposter

At this point he's worse than Lucifer
>>
>>184222127
>>184223648
This post chain has happened before

Just how autistic can duskposter possibly get? Asking questions and then responding to himself to bait /dsg/ into another 'discussion'?
>>
>>184225176
Ironically the item codes for infused scholar's candlestick exists, as do the codes for shit like infused bows and crossbows, infused Executioner's Greatsword, infused Crystal Sage Rapier, infused Black Knight weapons, infused Hollowslayer Greatsword, infused Morne's Hammer, and a bunch of other shit.

So much fucking cut content.
>>
guys, giving myself two swords when you're only allowed 1 per character won't get me softbanned, will it? On SOTFS, PC
how do I give myself a bunch of great hero souls to use?
>>
File: darksouls3_lothricwarbanner.jpg (73KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
darksouls3_lothricwarbanner.jpg
73KB, 960x540px
>>184195923
War Banner, is it any good?
>>
File: HOD THE GOD.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
HOD THE GOD.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>184225546
I'm going to start filtering his file names
at least post webms that are more fun
>>
>>184226676
I invaded a host yesterday who used the war banner and a ton of healing miracles to keep his phantoms alive and buffed
it was fun, the phantoms were garbage so it was more like a race to see if the host could get the heal off before the invaders could kill them
>>
>>184218068
Just poisetank them and use a fully upgraded weapon
even if you're fatrolling it completely cheeses them
>>
>>184226676
Dark Lothric War Banner with a Dark LKS in the mainhand is fairly solid.
>>
>>184226392
You mean the sunsword? The game has no way of telling if you spawned it or someone dropped it for you
>>
>>184212414
My character is called guts but I dont cosplay. Im wearing full havels with LKGS with LKSS and avelyn.
>>
Grab the Rite of Kindling before going to the Painted World, or after?
>>
>>184227389
alright, thanks. time to suck ass at PvP
>>
>>184226790
>Ember up and use Dried Finger in Crucifixion Woods
>summon Hodrick
>hide and watch him take on invaders
Good idea?
>>
File: 2494307367490.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
2494307367490.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>184226790
My webms aren't meant to be fun. They're to display high level invasion tactics. If you want to post meme faces and shreks or thrall hoods running around like idiots then go on. I'm not stopping you.

Fun doesn't win invasons. Skill is what wins battles.
>>
>>184228157
So this webm is unrelated to your post then?
>>
>>184228157

Actually having walmart wifi is what wins fights in Dork Souls.
>>
>>184228157
>high level invasion tactics
>literally just spam soul arrows and soul spears while host and phantoms are distracted by enemies/other invaders

11/10, you got me
>>
>>184228157
>high level invasion tactics
>hides behind NPCs and spams spells
>>
>>184228157
'no'
>>
File: 1494102602867.jpg (60KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494102602867.jpg
60KB, 900x900px
ENB is playing 3rd DLC of DS2 in half an hour. Line up the stream snipes.
>>
>>184228157
go away
>>
>>184228157
>My webms

Admit it, you killed duskposter and are wearing his skin>>184228468
>>
File: elevator fun.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
elevator fun.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>184228295
>>184228345
>>184228440
>>184228468
>>184228638
you are merely feeding his ego
instead, post more fun invasion webms
>>
>>184228468
>>184228440
Stop you fucks
>>
>>184228157
Judging from your webms, any host using a seed of a tree of giants would be too much for you. I'd hardly call that high level.
>>
>184228157
>skill
panic rolling, spell-spam, and hiding behind NPCs is now skill?
KEK yourself and end it all
>>
>>184228651
>ENB
who cares
>>
>>184228651

Damn it's comfy af to have another ENB playthrough to watch while eating or whatever. I watch it on youtube though. I don't even do that with any other guy, DkS1 nostalgia probably
>>
>>184228651

Is he really going to play online?
>>
>>184228805

A lot of people do, actually. He's basically the Souls community personified.
>>
@184228969
here's your (you)
>>
>>184228805
A lot of people including myself.
He was the OG Souls gaijin piggu.

>>184228829
Sup y'all this is Marcus also known as epicnamebro, let's do the thing!
>>
>>184228969
>He's basically the Souls community personified
Including getting cucked by a deceptive chink who delivered two disappointing rushed projects
>>
File: 1480820651376.png (291KB, 466x411px) Image search: [Google]
1480820651376.png
291KB, 466x411px
Every thread with this shit
>ENB streaming
>Who cares
>I care because reasons
>I don't care stop posting
AD INFINITUM

Wouldn't the people who care about ENB's streaming be watching the stream so that there's no reason to inform /dsg/?
>>
>>184229290
are you talking about miyazaki and dark souls 1+3 or his wife and her 2 miscarriages?
>>
>>184229465
The only reason I can think to inform is for stream sniping, even though he's almost certainly playing offline.
>>
>>184229595
That's the fucking joke, you retard
>>
>>184229465
You are not a mod anon
Acting like a mod can get you banned
>>
>>184229742
is the joke the fact that you're talking about dark souls 1+3 or his wife and her 2 miscarriages?
>>
>>184229847
yes
>>
>>184229938
thanks for clarifying!
got a good loling out of that
>>
File: 1496527003797.png (179KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496527003797.png
179KB, 500x400px
>>184229465
A lot of people don't know when he streams.

>>184228852
>>184229730
We don't know if he is online or offline. He was online for Shulva. I made a "build" for this shit specifically. If you see someone with dual pig shield it's gonna me probably
>>
>>184229965
>loling
hownew.ru
>>
>>184229976
what exactly are you planning to do with dual shields?
>>
File: 1492834762636.png (578KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492834762636.png
578KB, 800x400px
I feel like starting a new DS2 run because I hate myself
what gimmicks/weapon/restriction/build should I go for? I feel like I've already done all the basic ones (str, dex, faith, magic, hex, etc)
>>
>>184230221
Powerstance O&R or Bone Fists
>>
>>184230221

Great Club. Then use an ascetic and get another Great Club.
>>
File: Emerald Herald.gif (306KB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
Emerald Herald.gif
306KB, 300x237px
>>184230221
Whip only build, hope you stock up on Repair Powders asshole.
>>
>>184229290
B T F O
Miya is a nip tho
>>
File: parryforest.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
parryforest.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>184195923
Thinking about doing a replay of Demon's. Recommend me a fun build /dsg/
>>
>>184229465
Most people don't care about ENB, but everyone cares about shitting on other people's opinions.

Also there's one anon (whom I'm going to affectionally call "cuckanon") that is super triggered and butthurt over people liking ENB and probably samefagging the thread up to troll
>>
Are Divine weapons absolutely necessary for Catacombs, or they just make life a little less boney?
>>
is it superstition or do I actually get summoned quicker/more often when un-embered?
>>
>>184230549
>Going for the point down

Broken Sword run
>>
>>184230549
dragon bone smasher + curse weapon with cracked talisman of beasts
>>
>>184228969
The "Souls community" (cringe) is an ultra cuck with a triple cuck audience who gets money from the triple cucks for playing video games?
What a sad little loser life do you have if you give money to somebody who just WANTS your money while he literally delivers nothing for it?
Just because he will read out your little gay username?
I want to understand this.
>>
>>184230221
Covenant of champions
power stance
100% equip load
shield only
bow only
grand lance leo ring
30% equip load zweihander
>>
>>184232047
if you kill the pyromancers, the skeletons won't respawn. Divine just lets you kill them faster.

You can use astora's straight sword, silver knight sword, or silver knight spear, all of which has a divine modifier without requiring divine upgrade path.

Or you could just run past everything, like most people do.
>>
>>184232914
Artorias' Greatsword also has divine modifier
>>
>>184232582
yeah well you're a QUADRUPLE PLUS INFINITY KEK!
>>
>>184229769
(You)
>>
>>184228157
>My webms

Those aren't yours. You're just stealing them from a more skilled player and I have proof that those aren't your webms.
>>
Funny how this thread basically died when ENB started his stream.
>>
>>184233052
Confronted with the truth the ultra cuck resorts to shitposting
>>
>>184233347
Is this the part where we get to see the fabled YouTube channel from this guy? He mentioned it and put up a smokescreen to hide it.
>>
>>184233384
you have cuckanon to comfort you if you want, he's entertaining.
>>
Is it possible to transpose the final boss's soul in the same playthrough, or will Ludleth be gone by then?
>>
>>184233621
Nah, that was also the guy who stole them I think

You can tell because every single post he makes is bait.
>>
>>184233772
As long as you give Ludleth the kiln before he gets burned, you can continue to transpose.
>>
>>184233772
you can interact with his "corpse"
>>
File: 1480023512514.jpg (15KB, 307x462px)
1480023512514.jpg
15KB, 307x462px
In DS1, I usually hear that people like the Claymore more than the Bastard Sword because it has a poke instead of a slam. But then, I hear that the Zweihander is more popular than the Greatsword because it has a slam instead of a poke. Can anyone explain to me what this is all about?
>>
>>184233772
Give him the kiln that greatwood drops and then you can transpose from his throne after he dies.
>>
File: image00171.jpg (639KB, 1357x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image00171.jpg
639KB, 1357x1920px
OPERATION TEARS OF DENIAL: /dsg/ Soul Revival Event (SOON)

Throughout the month of August a revival event will be held each week for every PC Souls game. /dsg/ players will spend their time doing fight clubs, co-op, invasions any any other online activity in each to give one last hurrah for the series. Console players are also free to get involved or do runs on Demon's Souls and Bloodborne during this time.

This will start on the first week of August for Dark Souls 1, then going on to Dark Souls 2: SOTFS in week 2 and finally ending with Dark Souls 3 at week 3. The fourth week of the month will conclude with a /dsg/ tournament in one of the Souls games to be decided by strawpoll in the thread at a future date.
>>
>>184234105
I really want to know what's in all those houses in Irithyll. Who is still living there with the Pontiff Knights all hollowed and being crazy fuckers?

The lights are on. You know they're home.

But they don't open the door when you knock. It's rude.
>>
>>184234301
>But they don't open the door when you knock.
At least they don't tell you to go fuck yourself, unlike Bloodborne.
>>
>>184234301
maybe deacons
>>
>>184233909
Here, check out this lore video discussion on the topic that goes in depth into the pvp mechanics behind the two.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4
>>
>>184233909

The Zweihänder slam has a special knockdown animation which perma staggers bosses like Gargles or Capra.
>>
>>184233909
Zweihander is considerably longer (and faster) than the greatsword and does equal damage. Bastard sword is shorter than the claymore and slower. Also you can get the claymore -before- the bastard sword but the zweihander is available WAY before the greatsword.

The Greatsword is still amazing but it's a lot harder to use because it's very slow and doesn't offer any other immediate benefits (other than counter damage, which IS a huge benefit).

So it's not really about Pokes vs Slams but is more about whether or not a poke is worth it when the weapon itself is slower, takes longer to get, doesn't offer better damage (without counter hits), and is much shorter.
>>
I still haven't made a UGS build in any Souls game, maybe I'll run a Zweihander build in DaS1 if its got staying power in PvE
>>
>>184234501
Oh, I completely forgot about that.
>>184234740
The Greatsword's R1s are exactly the same though, but it's true that the R2 is pretty fucking slow. I feel like the range difference between Bastard and Claymore is a lot more noticeable than between GS and Zwei though, but I haven't gotten to play very much pvp besides kicking a forest hunter's ass every now and then, so I wouldn't know if it's that noticeable.
>>184235316
Zweihander or GS will carry you through the game no problem. If you're lucky enough to get it the black knight ugs is pretty fun too. Demon machete is ugly as fuck and Dragon GS is post anor londo unless you're enough of a masochist to go down to ash lake and then walk all the way back up without the lordvessel
>>
why do you hate the fextralife wiki
>>
>>184234301
Would you open the door to the asshole who walked into your town after killing one of your leader's strongest creations, decked out in full armour with a weapon as big as he is?
>>
>>184233909
Claymore has a great moveset overall. Zweihander is infamous for the minmaxed poise stack builds that could kill anything with chain R1s.
>>
>>184235796
I did the walk all the way down and up from ash lake. It's really not bad at all if you take the master key and go in through VoD.
>>
File: 1494198093626.png (291KB, 691x576px) Image search: [Google]
1494198093626.png
291KB, 691x576px
Whoever told me that demon souls was one of the best in the series was a fucking liar

Just bought a ps3 for it and a couple of other games and just completed a playthrough. I only enjoyed worlds 1 and 4 and literally none of the bosses were challenging. I only died on a handful of bosses and the bosses that were talked up as the hardest, flame lurker and maneaters. Were both 1 attempt bosses for me. There was also some kind of weird film filter on the entire game that made it a headache to play. Overall the combat was more of the same which was actually really good but I dont see how anyone could not call it the weakest game of the series.
>>
>>184236047
It's slow to load, often false info, the "video guides" are just a timestamp on fex' playthrough and often retarded (offers the point where a hollow dropped her the arbalest as its location) and for some reason it ALWAYS comes up first. It's kinda good for checking fashion though, lacking a proper fashion souls page.
>>
>>184236371
They were a liar, yes. It's good to play Demon's Souls so that you know the original formula that they refined to create Dark Souls, but the actual game isn't amazing. The boss design is notably worse than Dark Souls.

I think the level design was fairly similar, though. That was one of the things they carried over with relatively little change.
>>
File: 1485992843549.png (1MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485992843549.png
1MB, 900x1200px
Why the fuck can't I connect online to DS3, is it just me?
>>
>>184236371
People don't play DeS because the bosses are hard.

They play it for the audio and visual atmosphere and immersion and the level design, all of which got worse with DS1/DS2/DS3. The freedom of progression is also better than DS1/DS3 and things like world tendency add a lot of replay value.

DeS is probably the easiest game in the series if you have played at least one other game before.

Best way to play DeS is to close your /dsg/ tab, wear headphones, unplug your PS3 from the internet and play alone in a dark room in a 10 hour session.
>>
>>184236371
Still better than Dark Asspulls 2
>>
>>184236861
The level design of DeS is vastly superior to DS1. DS1 has a more interconnected and complex world, but DeS's individual levels are much more rewarding, thoughtful, and creative.
>>
>>184237317
>Dark Asspulls 2
Best boy ENB is liking it better than DS3 already
>>
"Dark Souls II is pretty fucking good guys" - Epic Marcus, Pillar of the Community
>>
>>184236714
And yet its somehow is the best souls wiki
>>
So when are we going to see this fabled youtube channel?
>>
>>184237120
turn on uPnP in your router
>>
>>184236047

They have a tendency to spread false information.
>>
>>184236047
It was good for like 2011-2013 and then when ds2 hit it got devoured by reddit. I know, I know,
>muh reddit
but it was bad what happened there. Threads went to shit all over. Lore discussions became
>no guys that's wrong see enb's video for reasons
Pvp discussions became
>hahaha this guy didn't bow so I used my hacked weapon to kill him xd

Then to top it off fextralife ate the original forums and started adding all their bullshit similar to how youtube went to shit when google bought it.
The thing that sucks is that those forums used to be my favorite. It had a great community and it was really laid back.
>>
>>184237825
Probably never, the guy will just squirm his way out of it somehow.
>>
File: invasions.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
invasions.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>184195923
top tier fashion
>>
enb basically confirming he'll do the ringed city after dark souls 2
>>
>>184237676
>DS1: Wikia
>DS2: Wikidot
>DS3: Fextra
>>
>>184238043
>>>DS1: Wikia

Wikidot, it's even publisher approved.
>>
>>184238025
>The L1 spam

I love it
>>
>>184236345
>>184235796
it's actually better to make that trip early before the lordvessel, because you get remedy, tin banishment catalyst, large shards, power within, and green shards in the same area and you can use the dragon scales to upgrade drake sword. By the time you beat O&S, most of that stuff is kind of useless and redundant and you already have chunk farming and twinkling purchases available so the lizards in ash lake aren't even that valuable. Plus you might get a free purging stone before doing the depths, if you do it.
>>
So are the four big souls you need to get in DS2 most of the game? I'm just asking because I assumed it was like DS1 where you just beat a few short areas for the big boss fights, but I haven't gotten that far on any path yet
I suppose the main game consists of unlocking the paths to those souls and then once you find them all you get into a linear endgame?
>>
>>184238596
>once you find them all you get into a linear endgame?

Pretty much, there's a few side things you can do on the way though.
>>
File: 20170729192651_1.jpg (402KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170729192651_1.jpg
402KB, 1920x1080px
>me and friend dicking around in pontiff fingered, purple joins in for memes
>someone falls off a ledge and dies
>drops a pile of stuff
>it's gestures

I feel bad for whoever else picked these up
>>
File: lothric_knight_red_spear.jpg (407KB, 586x991px) Image search: [Google]
lothric_knight_red_spear.jpg
407KB, 586x991px
*reads your inputs*
>>
>>184238816
Oh yeah I'm not asking for spoilers on area progression, was just wondering about the general direction because I once heard someone say that DS2 starts like DS1 after O&S but I guess that was just for the general openness of the paths instead of their lengths
>>
>>184238895
enjoy your ban
>>
>>184238940
Just make sure to explore thoroughly. Without spoiling too much the best boss in the base game (imo) is locked behind an NPC hunt.
>>
>>184238919
And?
How the fuck would do even do intelligent and reactive A.I if you don't have the A.I predict what the player is going to do based on the inputs?

Most of you fags only want retarded PvE enemies that you can just stop through and feel competent and by doing so you're holding back the development of A.I when if the A.I is too good people will just call it cheating.
>>
File: large.gif (1MB, 360x295px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
1MB, 360x295px
>From will never rebalance the scaling of boss weapons to make them less shit
>Swordspear will never be a pure FAI halberd
>>
>>184237960
>>184237825
Why do you even care? Even if someone posted it how would we know if it's the real guy or not? Besides that guy isn't even that good. I could do the same or even better if I really wanted to
>>
>>184239147
Got rid of it ASAP, I've done it accidentally before.

Hope the other guys know how to remove it though.
>>
>>184239271
I'll try to remember that but it's probably only gonna happen in my second playthrough cause I am very, very bad at exploring
I only found the alternate path that Lucia opens for you because I forgot where that doorway leads and checked it out again
>>
>>184238025

ctfu you're actually terrible
>>
>>184236714
Forgot to mention, they use shitty low res crops while wikidot pulls the high res transparents from the files. Just go check detailed weapons like friede's or valorheart in both wiki's, the discrepancy is tremendous
>>184237676
For 3, they compete with wikidot because wikidot has gotten lazy and barely has any info. They're only the best for bloodborne because they're the only one for it
>>
>>184238596
>Tutorial: 1 area, No Bosses
>First Lord Soul: 7 areas, 8 Bosses
>Second Lord Soul: 5 areas, 6 Bosses
>Third Lord Soul: 4 areas, 4 Bosses
>Fourth Lord Soul: 4 areas, 2 Bosses

>Endgame to King's Ring: 4 areas, 5 Bosses
>Endgame to Kinship: 6 areas, 3 Bosses
>Endgame to Darklurker: 3 areas, 1 boss
>Endgame to Credits: 1 area, 3 Bosses

So if you are planning on completing all bosses, then getting the Lord Souls is 60% of areas and 63% of bosses. You're a little over halfway.

If you include the DLC:

>Sunken King: 4 areas, 3 Bosses
>Iron King: 3 areas, 3 bosses
>Ivory King: 4 areas, 3 bosses

That's 46% of areas and 49% of bosses, putting you right at halfway.
>>
>>184239768
That's a lot of areas
DS1 was way smaller, right?
>>
File: 374320_20170520170832_4.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170520170832_4.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>184239357
This right here nigga. When an enemy doesn't follow an easy to read pattern and has more unpredictable reactions and attacks people call it 'artificial difficultly'.
>>
File: 1491107265984.jpg (841KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1491107265984.jpg
841KB, 1600x900px
Are you as bored of ds3 as from software? Are you as bored as Peeve Peeverson and his recently-revived bloodshade covenant?
Say no more people, because it's EVENT TIME; VICARS ARE COMING BACK.
Latest we'll be starting is this sunday, so rev up those builds and get ready to gank some vileblood filth.
>>
File: 1445991354135.jpg (79KB, 462x462px) Image search: [Google]
1445991354135.jpg
79KB, 462x462px
Suggest an interesting, but at least sort of competent build.
I feel like I've tried everything.
>>
>>184239909
Yes. DS1 is about half the size of DS2, less if you include DLC.

DS2's designers were more oldschool and tried to sell it on the size and scope of the game, with more weapons, more bosses, more items, more choices. Different design philosophy, especially compared to DS3's bosses-first and visual-focused production.
>>
>>184240057
Counter damage build.
>>
File: 1499846686051.png (153KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
1499846686051.png
153KB, 400x273px
>>184240050
is it real
>>
>>184240050
>150
Wasn't it 170? Also, peeve is ps4 iirc. Does this extend to PC?
>>
>>184240319
Bloodshades removed their level constraints, so we had to lower ours.
And it's all platforms, so long as you have the people for it.
>>
>>184240197
Isn't that just any build with a Leo ring?
>>
>>184240050
I'd be down for this. I have a build almost ready. Just need a few more concords and I'll have DMB.
>>
I'm surprised they still haven't re-released or remastered DS1 on current gen
>>
>>184240050
I don't see the point of an anti-gank covenant at SL150. Most ganks are password phantoms farming watchdogs and faithfuls
>>
>>184240050
>150
I thought it was 140, or is that adjusted for Bloodshades being 140?
I don't want to waste all that time getting together a 150 build if Bloodshades will just die in a month or so, which I suspect will happen.
>>
>>184240057
str/fth
>>
>>184240439
Certain weapons work much better than others though, underused such as Picks can be devastating. Key to the Embedded in DaS2 is a fun build, has a huge counter boost and nobody knows how to play against it.
>>
>Dark Souls 3: Pacifist Mode
>No offensive weapons or spells, not allowed to (intentionally) deal any damage to enemies
>summoned phantoms do all the work, I support them as an NPC.
>if I run out of embers, I have to let others summon me (but still can't kill the boss on my own, just support them) to get re-emberd so I can summon someone to kill my boss
>damage sponge, skull ring, greatshield, passive regen

is this a great idea or a dumb idea
>>
>>184239394
>No boss weapon infusions

One fucking job
>>
>>184195923
Can someone post updated softcap data for the stuff in the OP?
>>
>>184241187
Not keep spamming afro, but you're late to the party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbR7MYGPR6c
>>
>>184241187
Super dumb idea, literally slumbering dragoncrest + hidden body and no enemy will ever attack you.
>>
>>184241187
Most phantoms will see you not attacking the boss and let themselves die.
>>
What should I name my crossbow only character?
>>
>>184240881
>>184241004
Bloodshades don't have the sl140 requirement anymore, so we have to target a greater range of levels.
It's only 20 less levels, which isn't much of a disadvantage considering you're fighting bloodshades.
If you're still worried about making such a high level build, then exploit save backups, use CE, or ask someone in the thread to drop you souls.
>>
>>184241494
Cawwadoody
>>
>>184241401
but I still have to summon others to kill the boss, which means people will be invading me but I can't hurt them back.

>>184241325
>>184241461

Maybe if I stream and invite griefers that would make it more fun? Or would people just hack?
>>
File: 1500455589048.jpg (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500455589048.jpg
1MB, 1080x1080px
has there been ANY souls info since e3?
>>
why are there statues of velka all over lower irithyll?
>>
>>184240050
>150
nop
>>
>>184242326
There hasn't been souls info since TRC dropped, other than to say there is no more dark souls.

They're working on armored core, another dark fantasy (not souls) game, and something completely different, which might be an MMO.

Bandai and the souls IP seems to be ousted, basically.
>>
>>184242735
>which might be an MMO
literally fuck off
>>
>>184242735
perfectly conceivable that they'd just drop it, but would still seem bizarre considering just how valuable the IP is
>>
Are there any mods that make DS1/DS3 dragon forms more cute?
>>
File: kawaii.jpg (104KB, 547x557px) Image search: [Google]
kawaii.jpg
104KB, 547x557px
>>184243858

No.

>implying the das1 isn't already
>>
>>184241187
Sounds like a standard summonbabby """run"""
>>
File: Untitled.png (370KB, 1076x729px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
370KB, 1076x729px
>>184240050
first pass at build, r8. not sure what Im gonna do for armor yet, might go 30% + flynns. Also might swap falchion for ricards rapier. Second spell slot is for lightning arrow or whatever heal spell.
>>
>>184244113
Oh, and the first weaponslot is swordspear.
>>
should I assume that TCR isn't SL80 territory or what? Can't get a single sign
>>
did anyone bother datamining what Ledo looks like without his helm? can't seem to find anything
>>
an entire day wasted on goldstein and .exe
this fucking game sucks dick.
>>
>>184244094
The estus splash is adorable but I'm getting bothered by the mouth hanging open all the time.
>>
>>184245002
Just use a summon if you're too shit to properly play the game.
>>
>>184244438
I saw 1 summon sign when I was afking

Midir is harder with help tho, go solo
>>
>>184245207
Look anon, fuck you, fuck your summons and fuck etc.
>>
>>184243631
If Miyazaki has any love for the vidya left in him, he will let Souls rest for a while
>>
File: dragonform2.jpg (212KB, 648x1152px) Image search: [Google]
dragonform2.jpg
212KB, 648x1152px
>>184245079

I see what you mean. DSMODT can do model replacements, but I've only seen it done for weapons.
>>
>>184243631
It's important to remember that From has no communication outside of Japan, they rely on publishers to inform them of the global market. And if you just consider the Japanese market, the souls IP isn't all that valuable.

In Japan, the difference between Souls and their other games is much narrower. People are less tied to the souls name/gameplay and care more about the talent within the company and how their games are different. Souls honestly isn't very unique among From Soft's other games, but all their games are very unique compared to other company's. It's pretty likely that in Japan, a new armored core game would sell about as well as DeS, but fail in the west.

>DS1 Japan Sales: 540,000 (11%)
>DS1 Global Sales: ~5,000,000

>Armored Core V Japan sales: 240,000 (60%)
>Armored Core V Global Sales: 390,000

which would imply that Japanese fans care more about the company overall, rather than just the souls IP or gameplay. They have a large base of players that love the company, and have what's called "From Brain" as a cult following.

Remember that Bandai makes way more money on souls than From ever did, because they take huge cuts of any international sales. It makes sense that they lose pretty much nothing by dropping the souls IP.
>>
>>184244110
wouldn't it be harder trying to keep a phantom alive while it solos an upscaled boss than to fight the boss solo yourself?
>>
>>184245762
No
>>
>>184245316
just wanted some bait
>>
>>184245796
why? Phantoms have less estus and healing them takes long enough that bosses will get extra hits in.
>>
>>184245484
Hm.

I know absolutely nothing about 3D modelling, but I wonder if I could replace it with a Skyrim Argonian head (somewhat inspired by your pic related's weapons). No idea where to start on that, though, or if it's even possible.
>>
How is bloodborne compared to the DS games? And how is Demons Soul compared to Dark souls?

If it matters, my tier list of the games is:
>DS2
>DS3
>
>
>
>
>
>DS1

So I haven't been too keen on giving Demons Soul a chance yet, mostly because I am not really expecting the predecessor being better than DS1. Is this a correct assumption, or is it worth giving a shot?

For Bloodborne, I already have a PS4, I am just wondering how BB is for a huge fan of DS2/DS3. I keep hearing it is "not a souls game", and I dont really want to waste time and money on it, if it is too far from the DS experience.
>>
>>184243019
miyazaki said in an interview after DS2's release that after souls was done, he'd like to return to armored core or make an MMO.
>>
>>184246126
Best pve but worst online. Soul memory is a mad gay matchmaking system but at least it works
>>
>>184246126
If you like DS2, you will like DeS

If you like DS3, you will like BB.
>>
>>184246126
BB is a very fast paced game, no mid or fat roll, only "fast." Way more aggressive gameplay.
>>
>>184246126

Demon's Souls combat is the closest to DaS.
>>
>>184246126
>So I haven't been too keen on giving Demons Soul a chance yet, mostly because I am not really expecting the predecessor being better than DS1. Is this a correct assumption, or is it worth giving a shot?

DeS does level design, atmosphere, progression, audio design, and visuals better than DS1. Everything else is worse.

>For Bloodborne, I already have a PS4
Buy BB. It's the complete opposite of DS2, but in a good way. It's built on the same engine as DS3 but is more of a hack and slash style combat (no blocking, healing by attacking, very fast paced). But the production quality is top-notch. It's fatal flaw is the awful multiplayer.

Most people wonder if it's worth buying a PS4 just for bloodborne. If you already have one, it's pretty much assumed you will buy BB already, it's that good.
>>
>>184246126
What made you dislike DS1 and like DS2 ? Not trying to start yet another pointless debate here, just curious
>>
No Man's Wharf in sotfs might be the very worst area in the whole souls series, maybe in video games.
there is literally zero reason why there needs to be seven different gangbang gank scenarios spread out across a fucking ginormous level with ONE shortcut to open
who the fuck gave B team money anyway
>>
>>184246431
If you just use sword and shield, Demon Souls combat is closest to DS2 because of the lack of poise, slower movesets, the wildly varied enemy weaknesses, and the use of grass. Also because you can do both magic and melee without sacrificing one for the other, unlike DS1.

What makes DS2 feel different from DeS is the much wider variety and dual wielding. If you use something other than sword and shield, it is not like DeS at all.
>>
>>184246595
Not him, but I personally feel that DS1 sacrificed fun level design for its interconnected world.
>>
>>184245970
Because it leaves their hands free to attack and they just have to run for the heal. If they have any brain they'll conserve estus for absolute emergencies
>>
File: 1455077475366.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1455077475366.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Who want co-op?
>>
>>184246741
>No Man's Wharf in sotfs might be the very worst area in the whole souls series, maybe in video games.

NMW doesn't have any gang bangs if you pay attention behind you. The only reason people get ganged up on is because it has enemies that are hiding and will aggro once you pass them, so people just rush through and those enemies come up behind them.

If you actually use the game mechanics (lifegems, torches, arrows) No Man's Wharf is extremely fun.
>>
>>184246873

DeS movement is DaS, not DaS2
DeS crits are DaS, not DaS2
DeS magic is DaS, not DaS2
DeS weapon handling is DaS, not DaS2

DaS2 is an outlier with not equivalent in combat.
>>
>>184247045
how do you get your legs that smooth? Also what do you do about facial hair? Waxing scares me
>>
I just finished No-Man's Wharf in DaS2 But I haven't been invaded once since I started playing this game. And I've been online and human 95% of the time.
I'm not blazing through areas either, I'm doing full explorations of areas by myself without summons because this is my first blind playthrough of the game. Which means I'm spending a lot of time in areas too.
Is this because I joined the Way of the Blue from the crestfallen guy? I thought it just summoned a helper not lower the frequency.
>>
So there's not gonna be any more balance patches right?

If so, it's kinda sad. There are so many useless weapons in DS3, 80% of the equipment will never see any use.
>>
>>184247208
Not him but some people have legs like that naturally.
>>
>>184247296
the game is dead in terms of invasions
>>
>>184247296
I can count on one hand the number of times I've been invaded during my hours in Scholar, it's a very rare occurrence. I actually got summoned as a Sentinel once, pure luck and chance, more than anything.
>>
>>184247423
>him
>>
>>184247296
Limited orbs so red invasions are rare. Nearly everyone duels at Iron Keep or gankbangs with bellbros.
>>
>>184247536
Fine
Her(male)
>>
>>184247536
Those are a boys legs, ANon...
>>
>>184218927
healing is fun because you'll let your mates take the lead and they can experience in a more pure way than (im assuming there not as good at souls as you) if you were to go for a damage build and make short work of everything yourself
>>
>>184247152

DeS movesets are DS2. They're slower, wider, and more weapons share the same moveset.

Critical attacks are similar, but that's a minor part of combat.

DeS magic is much closer to DS2 than DS1, because you have fewer casts and slots, but you use herbs/spices to keep casting. But DS3 is much closer to DeS than DS2.

What does "handling" mean? You mean animations? Those are closer to DS1, but slowed down to DS2 speeds.

DeS world design is also DS2, not DS1. DeS bosses are DS2, not DS1 (more gimmicks, dumb AI, slower). DeS hub world and NPCs is DS2, not DS1, etc.

Aside from game engine and visuals there's not much that DS1 shares with DeS actually.
>>184247296
>Which means I'm spending a lot of time in areas too.
That's why. You probably have a pretty high soul memory for that area, so you're not likely to be invaded by humans. People tend to stick to just a few invasion spots these days since the game isn't very active.

>Is this because I joined the Way of the Blue from the crestfallen guy? I thought it just summoned a helper not lower the frequency.
You are correct in that assumption, it does not affect your priority.
>>
>>184247615
Slander
>>
should I give up in using spells and pull out the moonlight sword?
>>
>>184247701

Well, DeS doesn't have movesets in the Dark Souls sense, this includes DaS2. The crits do play a big part, or do you deny that circling around the enemies for the BS didn't define the combat enough to become a meme? What I meant by DeS magic being closer to DaS magic was that From wasn't playing with the idea as much as they did in 2 and 3. This is why actually fun magic builds started popping up with 2 and 3. Handling means weapon control, the control you have over your character when attacking. It's literally DaS1 angle snapping in DeS. I was talking about the combat, not world design. By your logic Megaman is a DeS prequel. There are gimmick bosses in all of these games.

Also, I don't know why you keep saying the weapons were slowed down to DaS2 speeds. DaS2 normalised weapon swing speeds and added a lot of recovery frames which didn't exist in DeS or DaS.
>>
Would anybody be willing to drop a Dragonslayer Bow for me on PS4? Dark Souls 3.

Want to try a bow run with it.
>>
>>184248828
I have a guy at about SL 100 with it, not using it. Where do you want me to make the drop?
>>
>>184248934
In my ass
>>
>shit out 10 characters
>like all of them, except for 2 who turned out kinda gimmicky
>start secondary savefile
>shit out 5 character
>they all suck, but two of them turned out nice and competitive
>have to switch savefiles every time

please tell me I can fix this with cheats
>>
enb has been stuck on ivory king for like 3 hours lol
>>
What the fuck weapons are you supposed to use on a 26/60 str/fth build? Right now Im running wolnirs, heavy saints bident, and lothric knight UGS. Is that the whole roster? Theres gotta be more than that. Should I grab great club + blessed weapon or something?
>>
>>184249013
Does he have all 4 knights?
>>
>tfw been invaded by 3 people all using str8 swords

My god fighting that weapon type is infurating, fucking retarded greatsword damage, phantom range and roll catching that also rewards spamming R1 is fucking annoying, thank god for parry baiting.
>>
>>184249013
>>184249072

He's too stubborn to summon one more knight.
>>
>>184248934

I'm like SL12, so it'd have to be at high wall of lothric.

I appreciate it
>>
>>184249019
Morne
Lkgs
Wolnir
Crucifix
Saint bident
>>
>>184249349
And this is for the Dragonslayer Greatbow, not the Dragonrider?
>>
File: 1497702817159.jpg (137KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1497702817159.jpg
137KB, 700x700px
>>184195923
Right guys, so I've beat Bloodborne and DS2, and now I'm trying to play DS1

However I'm not enjoying myself at all, the mechanics in this game feel awful, everything is so clunky and finicky, it's impossible to roll around things and the enemies might as well not even have models because their hitboxes are all over the place, not only that, but the delay on rolling is really messing up my play.

I really want to get into this game, especially because it's considered the best in Soulsborne series, but this is plain horrible. Should I give up and go to Ds3 because I've been spoiled by the more modern games?
>>
>>184249354
>26 STR
>Morne's
>>
>>184249101
So he hasn't found the third? So much for a complete playthrough
>>
>>184249407

I'm retarded, I did mean the Dragonrider but I'll take the Dragonslayer if you're willing.

Counts as a bow
>>
>>184249019
Crucifix of the Mad King
Darkmoon blade infused mace
Darkmoon blade infused anything
Swordspear
Sunlight Straight Sword
2H Dragonslayer Greataxe
Lightning buffed Heavy Dragonslayer's Axe (best str/fth weapon IMHO)

You do realize that DS3 has almost no caster exclusive weapons, right?
>>
how useless is yorshka's spear?
>>
>>184249553

He'll probably do it later.
>>
>>184249505
are you using dsfix?
>>
>>184249586
I have both. I'll put a red sign down at the High Wall, pass is "bows" without the quotations.
>>
>>184249625
Yeah but I'm only getting 45ish FPS if that's the source of my problems.
>>
>>184249760

Awesome, thank you man!
>>
>straight sword has longer range than UGS
can't make that shit up
>>
File: 20170729213336_1.jpg (638KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170729213336_1.jpg
638KB, 1920x1080px
>decide to hide in the bushes while friend is AFK
>red finds us
>think he's going to unzip those katanas and kill us
>instead equips untrue dark ring and hides with us

friendly invaders best invaders
>>
>>184249760

Thanks again, dude.
>>
>>184249929
No problem, have fun with them
>>
>>184249868
cap it at 30
ds1 has problems with physics and hitboxes at any higher than 30
>>
>>184249505
You're not supposed to be rolling as much as you would dodge in Bloodborne, or even in DS2 to a lesser extent. You'll usually just need to dodge once, to get out of an attack. The only really relentless bosses I can think of are the final boss and the DLC final boss. Most attacks are -very- telegraphed, and don't hesitate to use shields, since blocking actually does something. Also, if you're using a large weapon, even big enemies can die in one or two hits, there are no damage sponges that use up all your stamina to kill. If you don't feel confident in your ability to dodge a thing, just block it. Which area/boss is giving you trouble so far ?
>>
>>184249868
I don't see why that would be an issue

das1 is "clunky" compared to bb and das2 but shouldn't feel that bad. the port is fucking terrible can only suggest fiddling with configs really
>>
File: 20170729133716_1.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170729133716_1.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
I downloaded The Surge demo to give it a shot

>Somehow feels worse than Lords of The Fallen
>So much linear handholding from the get go
>Gross visuals

I had to skip that cutscene where they drilled the parts into him while he was still awake because it was so morbid and grotesque, I feel like I missed out on a lot of exposition. Why is everybody trying to kill him now and why is he in this wasteland? He's just a cripple who wanted a job and they didn't even sedate him for the surgery.

After about 10 minutes of playing, I ALT+F4'd out.
>>
File: image256.jpg (623KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
image256.jpg
623KB, 3840x2160px
>>184249505

I don't think it can be helped, Anon... If you want to like something the feeling has to come from inside you.
>>
>>184250005
They need to make straight swords poweful than other classes because they needed to pander to casuals.
>>
>>184250187
>ds1 has problems with physics and hitboxes at any higher than 30

the only problems above 30 are gravity related. particular slopes you can take fall damage on, some jumps are impossible etc. you just recap for those. I had no problems at 60
>>
File: 1500745284233.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500745284233.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>184250005
Straight swords moveset makes the character move all over the place
I use the astora GS and I usually beat SS users because of poise
>>
>>184248993
Nope
>>
>>184249091
I suck with straight swords in invasions for some reason. I can't use anything smaller than a greatsword, except maybe daggers for fucking rollfags
>>
Any lad wants to help me with Gael?
pass: ds
>>
>>184251064
sent ;^)
>>
>>184251026
Use a dark infused straight sword and press R1

That's all you need.
>>
>>184250625
>what actually happened with TRC
>>
>>184251064
sign down anon
>>
>>184251482
>>184251195
thanks anon, was getting curb stomped again
>>
>>184251026
You have no fucking idea how fucking tired i am of straight swords, because most people use one when they want an easy win, i hate this fucking no poise 2 hit stunlock system that favors quick weapons since dark souls 2.
>>
>>184251064
sign down
>>
File: get off that ladder you phony.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
get off that ladder you phony.webm
3MB, 852x480px
Hey I started making webms of my gameplay.
This is the first one I've got to come out of webm for retards looking half decent.

Webm makers in the thread, what settings do you ususally use?

I record with shadowplay at 720p and a bitrate of 20 and it looks good when it's recorded.

also
>ornstein
I get that their cosplay isn't complete but they still could've used the coconut extruder to make the armor.
>>
enb btfo by based ivory king
>>
>>184251026
Press r1r1r2. If you see them dodging sideways too much, stagger an r1 instead of r2
>>
What level should I be in a standard new game of DS1 to get summoned for artorias/kalameet?

Been helping people out with O+S, bored of that now but can't think of any other bosses that people would summon for, thought going for a double would at least increase the likelihood.
>>
>>184252018
but he's your standard roll through swings humanoid boss

except for the charged stab, that's a bitch
>>
bless you anon and those who put sign down
>>
To anon I just helped with Gael, I'm the guy you took through Irithyll spookhouse the other day
>>
File: golden_wing_crest_shield.png (27KB, 189x274px) Image search: [Google]
golden_wing_crest_shield.png
27KB, 189x274px
Why did they just had to go and make it completely shit?

Parrying spells in dark souls 2 was very satisfying but now it's just a piece of shit shield.
>>
>>184251064
>tfw always too late to help fellow anons
>>
>>184252356
you can help me if you're willing to deal with a NG+7 gael I gave up on killing :^)
>>
Also, I really wish the MLGS didn't break so easily
>>
is anyone running a low-level (SL~20-50) MLGS invader?
how is it?
>>
>>184252314
The main problem is that if you can parry it, you can dodge it for less. Rolls are retarded in 3
>>
>>184252018
Does the DS2 DLC actually have good bosses? I might need to do a SotfS playthrough.
>>
File: praise it.png (299KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
praise it.png
299KB, 500x750px
>>184252163

80-90: http://dscmstat.us/
>>
What's a FUN way to play DS3? Some kind of combination of rarely used weapons or fun restrictions/rules/ upon myself. Maybe a theme to follow.
DS3 is pretty boring to just play normally on anything past the first playthrough.
>>
>>184252773
Each has 2 good/great bosses with an optional gimmick boss designed for co-op.
>>
>>184252163
people don't summon for Manus?
>>
>>184252491
I helped quite a bunch of hosts with Gael, but holy shit NG+ Gaels always kick my ass.
>Host summons three phantoms
>Two of them get Oneshot by the same fucking attack and host isn't doing shit
>Have to solo the first phase without getting hit once, needed ten jillion hits
>Die at the beginning of phase two in ten seconds anyway
>>
>>184252016
720p (10s), 540p (15s), 480p (20+) are usually my limits, But you want to ensure 1500-2000 bitrate
Did you check the webm for retards pastebin?
>>
>>184253028
yeah, NG+7 Gael devolves into "hit gael once to change aggro then run away until the other guy hits gael once to change aggro"

at least NG+7 midir is perfectly doable
>>
>>184252734
Sadly
I liked spell parry
>>
>>184253141
At least give an incentive to parry it, like make it bounce back to the caster or something. This fucking stupid
>>
>>184252016
>early-mid game
>why isn't he faithful to a cosplay with items that are acquired late game?
>>
>>184252790
Glorious

>>184252975
That's probably a good idea, too
>>
File: 1483764334779.png (689KB, 949x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1483764334779.png
689KB, 949x1250px
>>184249013
>>184249072
>>184249101
>>184249553
>>184249619

ENB is intentionally not getting more knights to "preserve the challenge"actually because he likes to get fucked in the ass[/spoiler] so he knows there is more and will probably go for them after ivory king but this is the same autism that caused him to die 7 times to Pontiff in his DS3 run to study the fightincidentally that video has even more dislikes than the DeS video where he triggered Yuria fans by indirectly saying that getting raped was a good thing because it was a learning experience for her.

ENB has this weird thing where he likes to intentionally piss people off and not budge even when it's dumb for him to remain bullheaded.

But on the other hand trolling chat is also good so props to ENB I guess.
>>
>>184253701
>incidentally that video has even more dislikes than the DeS video where he triggered Yuria fans by indirectly saying that getting raped was a good thing because it was a learning experience for her.

link to the demons souls video
>>
>tfw he gives you the point down
>>
File: double backstab.webm (1MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
double backstab.webm
1MB, 720x480px
this is a first
>>
>want to use a weapon that looks cool and you like
>it's fucking shit
what's her name /dsg/?
>>
>>184253701

Wait, ENB has read *that* doujin?
>>
>>184254072
All of them because I suck
>>
>>184254072
BKGA
>>
>>184254072

Bastard Sword.
>>
>host dies at the same fucking time as gael to the spark thingies he releases after crying
>>
>>184254072
all greathammers except spiked mace
>>
Man, going back and playing DS1, I realize why Capra is so hard for people. It's not the dogs, it's not the boss, it's the fucking camera and the tiny ass arena making it impossible to see where you're going.
>>
>>184254409
I use the bastard sword on my SL35 str invader because it's the only fucking GS he can equip

It's fine, mostly. Same as claymore, but the lack of Stance WA hurts it because Stomp is hot garbage.
>>
I'm thinking of doing a short/composite bow run where I make use of the quickshots after rolls and those similar moves.
Anyone done it before? How was it?
>>
>>184254414
>using up all your Fiole d'Estus fighting Gael le Chevalier-esclave
scrub
>>
>>184254409
I've noticed the Bastard Sword is excellent for rollcatching. If people start playing Roll Souls against my ultra-cheese Dark LKS, I whip out the bastard sword and clock them when they roll to the side or behind me.
>>
>>184254072
arstor's spear
yorshka's spear
golden spear
>>
>>184254629
Admittedly I completely fucked up in this fight, wasted an estus against the ringed knight that drops a slab, and host had never fought gael before. Anon I helped earlier can vouch that I didn't suck too bad.
>>
>>184253867
I'm at work phoneposting now but it was one of the Crushing Battle Chat series videos really late in the game where ENB was saying something that it was probably for the best for Yuria to go through what she did in the prison tower because that made her renounce her lust for Demon's Souls.

>>184254154
He's in the know probably
>>
Any news on King's Field V?
>>
>>184254072
Executioner's GS
>>
>>184254154
link
>>
>>184254072
Crescent Axe
Eleonora
USED TO BE Irithyll Straight Sword but it's better now

Often I have the opposite problem where I want to use a weapon but it is associated with metashitters like Carthus Curved Sword and Follower Sabre
>>
>>184254414
trop gourmand
>>
>>184254414
ribbit

ribbit
>>
File: pacman frog.jpg (74KB, 372x287px) Image search: [Google]
pacman frog.jpg
74KB, 372x287px
>>184255295
host was dealing no fucking damage of course I had to greed
>>184255413
why do people even eat frogs they're so cute
>>
File: ThanksFrom.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ThanksFrom.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>184252314
Because this is a game where you roll and attack, again again and again, nothing interesting or fun allowed.
>>
File: 2017-07-27 02-54-45a1253_2.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-27 02-54-45a1253_2.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
I almost felt bad for destroying this dude 5 times in a row.
>>
>>184246126
Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are very different games from Dark Souls games but similar to each other.

Demon's Souls doesn't have an interconnected open world but instead level sets (think ds2 DLC style) you warp to from the main hub. The level sets are linear paths and while the game has warping from the start it's only to and from the hub and you only get checkpoints at the start of a level and after a killed boss.

Infusions in DeS are like DS3(or vice versa really) .

BB has DeS' style with the hub and levels but also has a DaS1 style interconnected world to a degree.
>>
File: 20170730004340_1.jpg (1MB, 1920x2168px) Image search: [Google]
20170730004340_1.jpg
1MB, 1920x2168px
Does anyone else here use iGP11? Whenever I take an ss or alt+tab iGP11 temporarily disables. Any setting to stop that?
>>
>>184255678
Oh my god

I had no idea that was how spell parry interacted with affinity

That is both hilarious and utterly, utterly fucked at the same time
>>
Should I bother upgrading armor in DaS1? I got a +15 weapon, and working on more Demon Titanite for my preferred Boss weapon.
>>
>>184256192
If you're not in NG+, the difference can be pretty noticeable, yes. At least get it to +6, or more if you have chunks laying around somehow.
>>
File: 1500403653189.jpg (119KB, 2048x871px) Image search: [Google]
1500403653189.jpg
119KB, 2048x871px
Is ENB still fighting Ivory King?
>>
File: Brass Set.jpg (1MB, 537x1223px) Image search: [Google]
Brass Set.jpg
1MB, 537x1223px
>>184256364
I'm rolling with Brass Armor so only +5
>>
File: Yuria the Witch.jpg (215KB, 911x883px) Image search: [Google]
Yuria the Witch.jpg
215KB, 911x883px
>>184255154

https://e-hentai.org/g/564437/8878ce5375/
>>
>>184256501
nah he ran out of human effigies and called it quits
>>
>>184256508
mah nigga, brass armor is elder god tier taste
it's not too heavy so you can probably bypass Havel's for steel protection (if you have fap to help you a bit) if you want more defense
>>
>>184256192

Armor upgrades are the least important thing, but that doesn't make them irrelevant.
>>
Whats the best way to abuse the games shitty netcode? straight sword r1 spam? katana running attack? left hand yhorms?
>>
>>184250356

Chance are things were already going fubar before you even landed there, it become more evident as you reach the second area with pile of bodies turning to sludge which implies they've been there a while.

Also the combat is faster paced than dark soul and there is no I-frame, you probably got wrecked but can't admit it. You mustn't wait for opening, you must pick an unarmored body part (cutting armored body parts ain't worth the trouble unless you want that armor piece, if its new equipment its nearly insured to drop. Also cutting right hand wielding a weapon drop said weapon) bash at it repeatedly (I found the kind of 1-h blade dropped by the lynx armor guys to be worth while) and move out of their way when they start their combos. Also upgrading your armor and weapon is worth it.

At least bother to go as far as the first boss (its probably in the demo, pirated the game because I wanted a clearer idea of what it was about) before shitting on the game.
>>
Guys, is the aquamarine dagger worth a respec?
>>
>>184256872
ss rolling r1
>>
>>184256872

Magic.
>>
>>184256974
no
it's complete trash
has more stamina consumption than any ss and deals shit damage + you're slowed down when you transform it
>>
What's a typical host level for Irithyll dungeon?
>>
>>184256872
Cirstal soul mass and a straight sword with avelyn off hand.
>>
File: 20170730005723_1.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170730005723_1.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
Is there a new sacred flame glitch or something? I remember it doing a lot of damage, but oneshot? This is a bit retarded
>>
>>184257160
You deserve it for being a straighsword shitter.
>>
>>184256558
>NTR

Aaaaand ruined
>>
>>184256787
I'm rolling with the set minus helmet, I wanted to mix and match but the color doesn't match any other metal sets.

>>184256839
Just need to farm some souls for twinkling I guess.
>>
>>184257160
If you actually get hit by sacred flame then you deserve to die instantly.
>>
>>184257321
but the helmet is the best part
it's a chore to find anything that matches it, that's for sure
you've got the crescent axe weapons wise, but I'm pretty sure that's it
for shields, large leather is your best bet but that's not a good thing
at least ds3 has a couple more things that go with it, but not very many at all
>>
>>184257298
What weapon would you rather use against someone who keeps running away? I mainly use clay
>>
>>184257125
>out of stamina in 3 hits
m-maybe I need more end
>>
Warpick or Pickaxe?
>>
>>184257857
both, duel wield those motherjammers
>>
After the changes to infusion, what advantages do quality builds have over pure strength or pure dex builds?
>>
>>184258342
variety. pkcs is considered one of the 2 best weapons in the game, along with lkss
>>
is Aldritch the most alpha character in the entire series?
>>
Can someone give me a refresher on DS1 online mechanics? Namely:

If I defeat a boss, can I still invade/co-op in that area?

I have to be human to invade/place co-op signs, right? The exceptions being Dragon and Forest Hunter covenants?
>>
File: dreg.jpg (23KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
dreg.jpg
23KB, 512x512px
>tfw can't gank spank

fuck it
I'm farming mobs
>>
>>184258909
>If I defeat a boss, can I still invade/co-op in that area?
You can invade but can't be invaded, can be summoned but not summon.
>I have to be human to invade/place co-op signs, right?
Yes and no.
>>
>>184257125
>Implying

They lowered the stamina consumption, and having two movesets on one weapon is great.
>>
>>184258902
Aldia
>>
>>184259165
How are you trying to gank spank

Because the trick is to not charge directly into the straight sword orgy, generally
>>
What GS/UGS has the best moveset in DS2?
>>
>>184259580
THERE IS NO PATH.
>>
>>184258909

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/online

The online mechanics are fairly convoluted. That page doesn't even mention it all. Sometimes the online play has special triggers like the New Londo Floodgates or Seath's prison door.
>>
you wanna know how I know ds3 is trash?

>cant buff boss/special weapons
>>
>>184259953
this
>>
>>184259580
I still don't understand why you fight him. He's literally just a scholar of the curse and age cycles, why does he have the authority to "test" you?
>>
>>184257582
Not >>184257298 but spear for runners, ss for rollcatching. Demon's Scar also nets sacred flame a dmge boost, so that might explain it.

captcha: STOP
>>
>>184259637
no shit sherlock
I just want the dregs, I'm not trying to "git gut xd"
>>
File: 20170726221542_1.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170726221542_1.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
>>184259165
Find a place to hide, window the game, watch some videos and wait for the inevitable meme hacker to come along and instakill everyone.

If you're not on PC then equip a symbol of avarice and get farming boi, or git gud.
>>
What level are Forest Hunters/people fighting Forest Hunters generally at these days?
>>
Why is best combatant in arena not Kills/Deaths based?
Sounds retarded to see some shitters who gave up 5 kills in a match being the best
>>
>Over half a year break
>Get back into the arena for a few matches
>Barely remember the controls
>Always le MVP
This game is easy as fuck lmao
>>
>>184260364
It wasn't demon scar. I've been looking for some spear to add to my roster but I'm not sure which. I tried drang and long spear for dat style, but the running attacks are meh. I was planning to grab a balanced pole for running and gunning, but I remembered it had its speed nerfed or something? I don't know. What would you suggest? I think fpp is supposedly the best spear for dex, but I don't like how it looks
>>
>>184261452
try ringed knight spear, its a fucking beast in pvp if you know how to use it
>>
File: aqua.png (280KB, 969x606px) Image search: [Google]
aqua.png
280KB, 969x606px
Surely this will do
>>
File: 1401423948352.jpg (40KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
1401423948352.jpg
40KB, 342x298px
>>184261553
>SL80
>1003 HP + defense penalty
>this wil do
>>
>>184260554
Then get back to your deacon genocide like the little bitch that you are
>>
>>184259953
That's how I know DS3's infusion system is garbage.

Should have carried that over from DS2, frankly.
>>
>>184261537
I assume normal spear then wa for rollcatch, full combo if you land? Isn't it short though? Length is somewhat more important
>>
>>184261802
eat shit faggot
>>
>>184260858
>>
>>184246589
...is it worth buying a ps4 just for BB anyways? The amount of ps4 games worth playing is abysmal.
>>
>>184261936
have you tried not being shit at the game? just rune some fucking meme combo like twinmemeblades + crystal magic weapon or just meta like no tomorrow
>>
>>184261936
I'd rather eat phantoms, thanks
>>
File: jailer.jpg (428KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jailer.jpg
428KB, 800x1080px
you're at a disco with your gf and this guy slaps your gfs ass

what do you do?
>>
>>184262260
Wonder why the fuck I am at a disco with a girl and go back to Firelink. The OG one
>>
>>184262260
Gently exhale some air on him and knock him down
>>
>>184262260
>guy
>>
>>184263105
>Mask worn by the jailers of Irithyll Dungeon.
>Noblemen delighted in its plump features.
The bitches in propaned capitol are chicks
>>
>>184261452
winged spear is one of the better choices in terms of damage vs weight, assuming you have 18 str and 40 dex
>>
>>184263291
Don't tell me I've been fapping to guys this whole time.
>>
>>184246595
Combat felt terrible in ds1, compared to the other games.

It often felt backstab fishing was the most important thing to combat.

And the bosses were just... lame and boring. Half of them were slugfests with one-shot mechanics that only served to test your patience, and not your skills, and the other half was just like ordinary enemies with a few more tricks at their disposal and a lot more health.

I struggle to remember anything interesting from DS1. The game world felt unintuitive, with roadblocks that tried to make you go in a specific direction, without making any actual sense. Undead Burg is the prime offender here, with several paths that SHOULD be accessible, but isn't, because your 25 Dex unarmoured character can't cross a knee high wall for arbitrary reasons.

This was never a problem in Ds2. Likely because DS1 had a "Build the world and figure out how to use it in the game afterwards" mentality. While I like that concept, and DS2 did feel weird at times, where you just couldn't imagine what a given environment was ever meant to be used for when it was originally built, it is still a game.

DS1 also had some really strange mechanics. The poise system feels a lot different in DS2 and DS3, and in a very good way.

And of course, the lack of proper travel options. It was just a massive chore to walk back and forth. I don't mind not having everything in 1 place, DS2 didnt, but at least you had easy access to everything. Having to keep track of where the merchants were, was not fun. It was a chore, and when you needed something from one of them, you had to walk all the way to them, which is just lazy padding of the gameplay time.

It is still dark souls, sure, but it is still way behind DS2 and DS3.
>>
>>184263312
Yes, thanks a bunch
>>184263398
I will if you tell me you haven't been fapping to the jailers
>>
File: 1463439266849.png (45KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1463439266849.png
45KB, 657x527px
how do i invade in dark chasm of old? i just finished darklurker and decided to try invading but the cracked red eye orb is greyed out
>>
>>184228157
In your case it isn't skill, it's hitting people when they're too busy with other stuff so you never need to directly fight anyone.

But that's the only way sorcery is usable in PvP anyway, so it's not like I can shame you for being a coward, it's part of the playstyle.
>>
>>184263621
Did you leave the covenant? I think you need to be an abysshugger
>>
>>184256695
Why the fuck does ENB use an Effigy immediately after losing a bit of health?
Also if he wasn't a faglord he would go online and let someone drop him a stach of 99 effigoos
>>
>>184264004

He simply doesn't want to look like a green zombie. The offline thing is for the DLC only so he can explore in peace.
>>
>>184263906
i'm still in the covenant
>>
>>184264004
>going online when you stream
Yeah great idea man. Especially with a community like this.
>>
>>184262260
I, uh

I run up and hit R1, then I get hit, then I think 'Surely I can land another R1 before he attacks again', hit R1, and die because his second poker attack has no startup at all specifically to catch retards like me.
>>
>>184263621

Make sure you're human. Also I forget, can you invade if you have the Effigy effect on?

>>184263906

You can't even enter the Abyss if you're not friends with Grandahl.
>>
>>184264004

Yeah or drop something that makes your game unplayable
Remember that faggot Santa?
>>
File: 20170730021848_1.jpg (60KB, 1094x166px) Image search: [Google]
20170730021848_1.jpg
60KB, 1094x166px
Post messages and people guess where they are
>>
>>184264849
it says right there
>>
>>184263864
Stop same fagging and giving yourself [you's]. No one gives a shit about your dumb videos
>>
File: try.png (160KB, 903x127px) Image search: [Google]
try.png
160KB, 903x127px
>>184264849
>>
>>184264537
>Make sure you're human.
fuck me... i forgot you have to be human to invade, thx

> Also I forget, can you invade if you have the Effigy effect on?
i'm not sure, i always get rid of that effect as soon as i use a bonfire
>>
File: garg fall.webm (3MB, 982x690px) Image search: [Google]
garg fall.webm
3MB, 982x690px
>>
File: 1492630043335.jpg (21KB, 315x326px) Image search: [Google]
1492630043335.jpg
21KB, 315x326px
>want to 2v2
>always end up with a shitter who gets his ass farmed
>>
File: 1463765981674.jpg (49KB, 626x750px) Image search: [Google]
1463765981674.jpg
49KB, 626x750px
>land a parry but out of stamina
>>
>>184264912
I meant the exact spot, not the area
>>184265151
Gundyr 0.5's arena?
>>
File: 1476278982223.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1476278982223.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>184265372
>land a parry
>ringswap
>forgot to move to player while swapping
>>
is.. is there no matchmaking(lvl limit) when you invade as a pilgrim? i just invaded the same guy twice and one dark orb did 555 damage to him and the second time my dark greatsword one shot him
>>
File: cage.jpg (442KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cage.jpg
442KB, 800x1080px
do you really get a defense penalty if you don't have every part of your body equipped with something?
>>
>>184265884
yes
>>
>>184265884
Rather, you get a flat defense boost per slot covered
>>
>>184266109
how much? say i don't have my head equipped with anything
>>
>>184265571
nope
It;s right in front of Yorshka
I'm on pc if you want to check it out
>>
i had a dream last night that there was a gesture that mimicked the twin greatsword startup combo

fuck i would love that to mock spammers
>>
File: 1489620899416.jpg (90KB, 736x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489620899416.jpg
90KB, 736x900px
>>184264610
>remember that faggot santa?
Can't say that I do.

>>184264314
I mean he could go online off stream and have one of his friends drop some effigies but watch him grind for effigies on stream tomorrow.

Aside from that though the streams have been pretty okay.
>>
>>184266337
It's not like anything's at stake, I just thought it might be fun. No need for proof
>>
>>184266256
>No chest: Decrease of base resist by 20%.
>No legs: Decrease of base resist by 14%.
>No arms: Decrease of base resist by 6%.
>No helmet: Decrease of base resist by 10%.
dunno how accurate this is
>>
File: 1445794851775.jpg (133KB, 780x818px) Image search: [Google]
1445794851775.jpg
133KB, 780x818px
jus that invader lyfe mane
ya win some ya lose some
>>
>>184266972
Being red is suffering, but that's alright because we're masochists, we burn that suffering as fuel.
>>
Is DS3 supposed to be this easy? after playing BB as my first souls game i haven't died to any boss and all their moves are really predictable so far just beat high lord.
>>
Friede's scythe weapon:
What stats should I use to get the most out of it?
40/40 dex and int?
Is it even usable in pve? If so, what's a better option?

Tl;dr
I just want a fun flashy weapon that isn't complete dogshit and some recommend stats for it
>>
>>184267836
clap clap clap

What SL are you
>>
>>184267908
40 dex. 40 int only applies to the offhand scythe on the WA.

Friede's scythe is kinda crap
>>
DaS2 says everyone who used the Majestic Great sword (Artorias's) used it in their left hand, but Artorias's left shoulder has a pauldron. Isn't the pauldron supposed to be on the shield arm for extra protection?
>>
>>184268117
The outside of the sword arm wouldn't be covered by the shield, so armoring that makes more sense (if you're gonna pick one).
>>
File: let the darkness settle.png (1MB, 1920x884px) Image search: [Google]
let the darkness settle.png
1MB, 1920x884px
I just beat Soul of Cinder last night. I was a bit underwhelmed I was expecting him to be harder. I did him after the dlc but was still only sl 85. I had more trouble with Nameless King which i beat at the same sl.
>>
>>184268117
ds2's lore is semi-canon and needed to be taken with a giant grain of salt
>>
>>184268079
Maybe not too worth it then?
I don't want to have to use dual wield 24/7 for damage and I don't want to have to rely on casting

Any other neat boss weapons you know of anon?
I've already used Frayed Weeblade on a melee guy and Onyx blade on my pyro.
>>
>>184268010
Just got to 62.
>>
>>184268371
SoC varies a lot, he's a cakewalk if he starts casting. Or you get his ridiculous 7-8 swipe combo.
>>
>>184268117
Ds2 says anyone who inherited it. Artorias didn't inherit it.
>>
>>184249505
DS1 is shit, unfortunately.
>>
File: 20170728223843_1.jpg (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170728223843_1.jpg
279KB, 1920x1080px
Does someone want to explain to me WHAT THE FUCK is going on?
I didn't touch the DLC on my first playthrough because I couldn't figure out how to get into it

Also magic is fucking disgusting in this game, I three shot Sif
>>
>>184254072
Thorned Greatsword is a solid enough weapon, but I would kill for a better moveset. I was hoping for a faith-based MLGS for my cleric but I just hate its R1s.
>>
>>184268690
well ds2 mlgs is even worse so you actually lucked out
>>
What's the good ending in DS3? Linking the flame seems futile and lothric thinks it's a bad

Letting the flame die seems pretty bad

So that leaves betraying the fire keeper which makes you a god

Or you set the age of hollows which means you're a god but all the poon is hollow, gross
>>
>>184268117
You're correct; assuming you're right handed, you want some extra protection on your left side (shield arm). This is an additional defense in case you're hit with something that can bypass a shield, or general sloppiness on your part. You want to keep your sword arm as maneuverable as possible so your swings aren't impeded. Where this "put extra armor on your sword arm" meme came from, I don't know.

As for Artorias being left handed, it's some sort of headcanon retcon they tried to do because of mirrored cover art or something.

Yes, there are some exceptions of having pauldrons on the sword arm, but in general practice you have specialized tasks for each arm; attack, defense.
>>
>>184269037
There is no good ending. You wasted 5 years on this pointless story because "lol cycles"
>>
>>184254072
Claws, repeating crossbow, flamberge, old king's greathammer
>>
>>184269037
Untrue dark ring is a thing, just slip it on your hollow bitch's finger and bang away
>>
>>184269037
letting the flame die and going into the new painting with a Painter and Firekeeper
>>
>>184269037
Don't worry friendo, you'll be hollow too.
So it won't matter when her pussy degloves as you pull out.
>>
>>184268807
DS2 MLGS is fantastic for rollcatching, with great tracking, a wide sweep and AoE projectiles. For pure Sorc the only comparable mainhand is Ice Rapier.
>>
>>184269383
it also has abhorrent moveset that partially goes into ugs territory, elemental damage in ds2 is easily suppressed and it completely removes manual aiming from r2 which effectively makes it useless against any remotely good opponent
it's a trash weapon, especially after they nerfed the everliving shit out of it
>>
>>184268637
Abyss=Dark
Humanity=Dark
Therefore, the Chasm of the Abyss is full of Humanity sprites.
>>
>>184254072
Anything that isn't a straightsword in DS3.
>>
>>184269697
you're a year late for this shitpost friendo
>>
Not that the last dlc has released do we know what the deep is?
>>
File: 1494214611492.jpg (28KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494214611492.jpg
28KB, 480x480px
>poise doesnt exist
>only way out from stunlock is rolling away
>with most weapons attacking you, you cannot even sneak a parry when they are stunlocking you

LMAO

this is why poise > hyperarmour

debate
>>
>finally kill Midir now I can finally church invade
>lol
>after 30 minutes of waiting I go back to invades
>>
every time I tab back into DS3, my flasks have been deselected and the next item selected. I can't figure out why and it's driving me crazy.
>>
>>184268491
>SL62 at High Lord Wolnir
what the fuck
>>
>>184270419
Check the kb control binds, chances are that alt or tab are bound to switch item, using controller doesn't actually disable the kb+m controls
>>
>>184268491
Overleveled
>>
>>184269874
>poise doesnt exist
Yes it does

>only way out from stunlock is rolling away
Or attack

>with most weapons attacking you, you cannot even sneak a parry when they are stunlocking you
no

DS1 Poise did the same thing as DS3 poise except didn't require precise timing.
>>
>>184268491
You've overleveled by around 30-35 anon
Also Wolnir is debatably the easiest fight in the game.
>>
File: doot.gif (890KB, 338x350px) Image search: [Google]
doot.gif
890KB, 338x350px
>>184269803
stagnated abyss
>>
>DLC basically changes how we see the world the main game plays in
>changes it to the point that none of the endings really make any sense
>doesn't add any new ending
bravo miyazaki
>>
File: 1497059987796.jpg (147KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
1497059987796.jpg
147KB, 950x950px
>99% of the backstabs dont land on the opponent, they simply backstab the air
Nice work fromsoftware! Maybe try to patch your bugs once?
>>
>>184270603
That's just hyperarmor..
>>
>>184270825
DS1 poise is just infinite hyperarmor
>>
>>184270709
What in the world does that mean?
>>
File: 20170730010233_1.jpg (503KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170730010233_1.jpg
503KB, 1920x1080px
So what's the point of this room in the Profaned Capital? I was never able to figure it out. Is there some obscure quest NPC that you must find here?
There's only a rubbish item to my right and nothing else.
>>
>>184269874
Nothing to debate. True poise is better than HA, period.
>>
>>184270846
you can be staggered out of it so no
>>
>>184270960
There's nothing there
>>
>>184270960

Cut content.
>>
File: 374320_20170611215242_1.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170611215242_1.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>184269037
Letting the flame die is the best ending.

I saw the Ringed City as the future of the world were I linked the fire. Continuously linking the fire caused the the fabric of world to become unstable and eventually crumble.

After defeating Gael I went back in time to give the Painter girl to blood of the Dark Soul. I then went to face Lord of Cinder.

I called to Fire Keeper to snuff the Flame and give the world a good hard reset just like I did by burning the previous painting.

Eventually new life will spring out of the blackness and I'll become the silent observant goddess of both worlds.
>>
>>184206882
Gavlan heel!
>>
>>184269037
>makes you a god
No, it solidifies your value to be lower than that of trash. The closest thing to being a god is LoH, where you absorb the first flame. EoF is the best ending though. Don't listen to Gwyn's lies
>>
>>184271471
What do you get for giving her the blood?
>>
>>184270893
Incoming headcanon

In Japanese folklore/mythology, cyclical motion is perceived as clean, good, and pure, like a flowing stream. Humanity/Abyss is described as writhing, constantly in motion. However, the Deep is described as being still and murky, like a festering swamp. Deep is basically corrupted impure Abyss.
>>
File: 1393003819659.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1393003819659.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>gundyr's halberd description: "This old cast-iron halberd has the power to break poise"
>doesn't actually do more poise damage
>>
>>184271601
Makes sense, thanks.
>>
>>184270658
How the fuck do you only get to lvl 30 at High Lord Wolnir? Are you the worst player ever?
>>
I think I already know the answer to this question, but Im gonna ask anyways.

Is there ANY viable strength/int build?
>>
File: 1495490107941.jpg (32KB, 865x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495490107941.jpg
32KB, 865x640px
>kill hosts 2 phantoms
>the game summons him AUTOMATICALLY two new blues
WEW. Must be a bug right?
>>
>>184271654
I think what this description (it's on a few weapons, like bk weapons and Andre's hammer I think) means is that it brings bosses to that riposteable state easier
>>
>>184271893
LOL
no___
>>
>>184271808
Worst quality bait I've ever seen
>>
>>184271893
maybe
>>
>>184271531
>Playing cards
Gavlan deal!
>Surge of emotions
Gavlan feel!
>Acts of thievery
Gavlan steal!
>Fishing
Gavlan reel!
>Presenting dinner
Gavlan's meal!
>Down on one knee
Gavlan kneel!
>Closing an envelope
Gavlan seal!
I could probably go on, but I won't.
>>
>>184271594
Some dialog and she names the painting after you.
>>
>the host can disconnect as many times as he wants during pvp session and he wont get banned from doing so
Wew. Ummm... What the fuck fromS?
>>
>>184272082
Please do
>>
>>184272273
>fromsoft
>knowing what the fuck they're doing
>>
>>184272273

So wait it only bans you if you alt f4 and not just disconnect your internet?

Isn't there a way to do it so it can differentiate between someone who disconnects do bad internet and someone who pulls the plug/ flips the off switch?
>>
>>184272337
>Patching wounds
Gavlan heal!
>Verifying existence
Gavlan real!
>In court
Gavlan appeal!
>Preparing potatoes
Gavlan peel!
>Turning a bluish-green color
Gavlan teal!
>Expressing devotion
Gavlan's zeal!
>Buying a tire
Gavlan's wheel!
I can't think of any more, I'm drained. If you can come up with something, tell me.
>>
>>184271594
She's going to make a perpetual painting, a home for the forlorn that won't ever decay.
>>
File: golem fall.webm (203KB, 966x682px) Image search: [Google]
golem fall.webm
203KB, 966x682px
>>
>>184273116
>>184272132
Lame
I wanted a cool weapon or spell or something like a boss soul
>>
Man, Frampt's reaction when you tell him to fuck off is priceless.

"Alright, you rung those bells, good job buddy, now let me tell you all about your GRAND JOURNEY OF DESTI--"

"nah"

"Nani?!"

"idgaf m8"

"...are you sure?"

"yee"

"Well... I'll just stay here for a while and give you to time to think it over. How's that sound?"

"no"

"O-okay then..."
>>
>>184273503
Why'd you type something so cringy out?
>>
>>184273250
You can trade Gael's soul for the best GS in the game
>>
>>184271893

Of course. You use the same basic principle as an STR/FAI build, buffing weapons for the best plausible damage

Now, while INT doesn't have the same variety with buffs that FAI does, it does happen to have two mainstays: The Magic Weapon branch ending in Crystal Magic Weapon, and Frozen Weapon

Now, at 120, your best bet will of course likely be to use a homing soulmass, buff your weapon, splitleaf and the like being ideal for this of course, get the homing soulmass damage OR use it to set up a hit-confirm, get your big damage combo in, then finish with a few Great Farron Darts

The other option of course, would be to take advantage of the fact that Frozen Weapon does not scale with any stats. It gives the same buildup regardless of if you're casting it at base INT or at 60 INT

This allows you to use it at much lower levels than CMW, which benefits Frost buildup greatly as you will be more likely to get a proc in a single combo the lower your level it. Even moreso if your weapon has a tendency to catch people in their rolls. Again, it's simple, even moreso at these lower levels: Buff with frost weapon, get your hit confirm combo, get the frost proc, finish with darts

So yes, STR/INT is viable. what you lose in healing, buff variety and the two weapons that scale with both STR and FAI, you gain in a much easier to obtain magic buff, a frost buff for lower levels, the ability to finish from range without swapping weapons, and other bonuses such as stealth spells, better casting tool weapons, and the most important tool of all: Surprise. It's not a meta build, so people haven't necessarily figured out the workarounds for it
>>
>>184273761
What makes it so good?
>>
>>184271893
The best ways to do STR/INT are 26/60 STR/INT and two handing good weapons with Heavy scaling and buffing them with CMW for what is basically a STR/FAI build with less options and loadsa Strength with a Heavy Dark Sword/Broadsword and a Greatshield buffed with Great Magic Shield.

>>184273932
Second longest Greatsword in the game, great AR on Quality, Claymore moveset with better rolling attack, and a WA you can combo into from an R1, with a full R1WAR1 combo doing up to 800-900 damage on most players.
>>
>>184273932

It has a hit confirm combo. I personally prefer the BKS to it since its WA is better suited to the main use of Greatswords, which is trading. But it's a very powerful Greatsword nevertheless, since it has excellent range, the poke R2s, the aformentioned hit confirm combo, and a reasonable 500ish damage on a quality build. Which is the only build you should be running boss weapons on sans maybe Frayed Blade and Yhorm's Machete, which still perform well on Quality
>>
>>184273932
Tied as the second longest GS, great scaling with a high AR, poke R2, and an extremely powerful/flexible WA.
>>
>>184273718
Why did you type such a snarky reply?

Ennui is the likely answer.
>>
>>184273761
That's not the MLGS
>>
>>184274764
>Im fucking plying
>>
>>184274764
Gael's is by far better than MLGS. MLGS doesn't have a 3 hit guaranteed combo
>>
>>184274938
Who cares about that memeflip when you can wear full havels with MLGS due to its low stat investment
>>
It's so funny going through the Ashes of Ariandel DLC. You can tell immediately who designed what areas in the DLC. The first half (before the village) is so fucking terrible and reminiscent of Dark Souls 2 that I have no idea how Miyazaki said "this is ok"
>no bonfire checkpoint
>~10 wolves surround you, their AI is set to constantly flank you and be as annoying as possible
>you have to fight a mini boss after them
>then comes an area full of very strong millwood knights + an archer at the top of the tower
>after dealing with all of that, still without any checkpoint, you fight the very same mini boss again, this time with 10 wolves helping him just in case it wasn't annoying enough the first time
>millwood knight greatarrows go through small geometry like trees
>they have way faster recovery than you do

Seriously fuck Tanimura. I hope this retard never makes Dark Souls 4.
The way the DLC jumps to fucking 10/10 territory as soon as you reach the village is astonishing.
>>
File: 1475692788031.jpg (80KB, 717x499px) Image search: [Google]
1475692788031.jpg
80KB, 717x499px
>>184273503
This reads like a youtube comment on a Kingdom Hearts video.
>>
>>184274764
>moonlight mediocre sword
>best anything
>>
>>184275163
>wearing heavy armour
I bet you also use shields still
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-29+at+09.16.19).jpg (213KB, 968x602px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-29+at+09.16.19).jpg
213KB, 968x602px
>>184275163
>Who cares about that memeflip when you can wear full havels with MLGS due to its low stat investment

Uh, anon
>>
>>184275183
>Needing a bonfire checkpoint
>Struggling with wolves

Shitter
>>
How active is PvP at both 80+100?
I normally shoot for 120 but my new gimmick build gains absolute jack shit above 100. Barely even worth going above 80, but at least I can.
>>
>>184274764

MLGS is great, just not on a caster build

It's a trading weapon, you're better off either using catalyst weapons or faster, crystal infused weapons that don't require waiting for the opponent to make a move

MLGS is good enough when you build for it though. You get a very powerful poke with the WA, and it's one of the better split damage types, being resisted less commonly by both shields and defenses due to the lack of sorcery builds. The problem is that to get the most out of it:

a) You need a secondary weapon or a way to finish enemies off such as the Great Farron Dart, since Greatswords are not remotely reliable as finishing weapons, even with the ranged attack of the MLGS
b) You need a lot of poise to get the most out of it, meaning levels have to be put into VIT that then can't be put elsewhere, such as ATT, INT, DEX, Etc;

Now i run a pretty successful MLGS build with a crystal LKS as a secondary for dealing with Quickstep users and a single spell slot for Great Farron Dart. On this build I only have 40 INT because I needed the VIT to reach 40 poise, so I can trade with heavier weapons. It's a very defensive build that lacks the FP to go on the ranged offensive, but it works well enough if played right

The problem being, it is a hell of a lot easier to get the same results from a Claymore or Gael's Greatsword. If you're lacking poise you can grab an LKLS to make up for some, and you have a larger amount of usable tools at your service as a result. For instance, you could run a composite bow and LKLS on your right hand with a Greatsword on your left. You harass with the bow, roll attack a few times, swap to the LKLS when they try to get in close for trading and use the greatsword to counter that. Then you can either finish with the bow or the LKLS depending on needs

Point is, MLGS builds are only really suited to run that particular weapon. They're not adaptable like other builds that run greatswords
>>
>>184275484
If you can reach SL80, it's better to twink your build down to SL50 with pchain than to try and get activity at SL100.
>>
>>184275484
80 is shit. 100 is good though.
>>
>>184275758
MLGS chip damage is great against turtles
>>
>>184275904
Lowest I can squeeze things is probably 62, mostly because I'm unsure what you can afford to drop at that level, and to where, never really done it.
>>
>>184276217
62 for aldrich invasions is do-able, that's where I would suggest.
>>
>>184276217
60 is good for invading Irithyll Dungeon and Painted World, maybe also Lothric Castle.
>>
>>184275484

I'm enjoying sl 85 pvp allot. I get good balance between late game/dlc invasions and pontif duels.without having to deal with too much cancerous builds or gank squads.
>>
File: 374320_20170730022625_1.png (3MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170730022625_1.png
3MB, 2048x1152px
>dicking around in cheat engine with spreadsheet i managed to dig up
>"meme bullet"
>what could this be?
>framerate zeros
>log back in and carry on
>try crystal lizard bullet
>get this
>>
File: 374320_20170730023407_1.png (4MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
374320_20170730023407_1.png
4MB, 2048x1152px
well this is odd
>>
oh, im autistic and forgot i disabled post process draw
>>
File: 326328828420969169.jpg (55KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
326328828420969169.jpg
55KB, 800x800px
Was there ever a proper Age of Dark between DS1 and 3, or is the Age of Fire in DS3 still Gwyn's original one?
>>
>>184275190
The bright side of anonymity is that nobody will associate me with my failed attempts at humor.
>>
>>184277138
The untended graves where champion gundyr failed to link the fire
>>
>>184277138

DS2 was the Age of Dark (the gods are dead and human kings rule).
>>
In DS3, how good is the parry on the khopesh?

Making a based Lautrec build.
>>
>>184276454
>>184276479
Gotcha, I'll give 62 a shot, maybe I'll take 2 points out of something to hit 60 if I don't notice a difference.
At least this way, if I end up not feeling it, I can level up towards 80/100. Cheers boyos.
>>
>>184277138
Depends on the ending you chose.
>>
File: qm.png (222KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
qm.png
222KB, 800x610px
>get summoned for muh fightclub
>kill 6 dark spirits
>Connection error occured, returning to your world

really?
>>
>>184277301
That's wrong.
Yorshka literally tells you that up until you meet her, every time the fire is fading a champion like yourself comes along and links it, prolonging the age. That's why the Darkmoon exist now - to protect the champions seeking the linking of the flame from those who wish to stop them.

>>184277138
If I had to guess, Untended Graves is the Dark Age. The Iudex Gundyr timeline where he was late and no one linked the flame. I was really hoping to meet Kaathe/Frampt there, but oh well.
>>
Do I do a Berenike/Black Iron Knight or Forossian for a Str run in 3? I'm reluctant for the former given how much of a heavy bastard the armor set is, but Faraam is almost end-game.
>>
File: 229A5tx.jpg (804KB, 2081x1705px) Image search: [Google]
229A5tx.jpg
804KB, 2081x1705px
>Soul of Cinder is a bossfight against Chosen Undead and Bearers of the Curse who chose to link the flame
>no bossfights against Dark Lord Chosen Undead or Aldia's Champion Bearer of the Curse
Could it be that time isn't convoluted enough?
>>
>get summoned for fightclub
>die
>Leave pontiff fight club for a few hours out of shame and scare of being summoned by the same guys
>>
File: 1469387570222.jpg (9KB, 223x226px)
1469387570222.jpg
9KB, 223x226px
>>184278331
>die in 2v2
>alt f4
>>
File: 1470084514213.jpg (9KB, 216x233px)
1470084514213.jpg
9KB, 216x233px
>>184278492
>"Summoning another phantom..."
>Black Crystal out
>>
Stupid question.

I'm doing an NG+ of Dark Souls 3. I'm trying to do the mound maker's covenant to get the pyromancy. The problem is that even though I went to the altar, and brought one shackle to it, I'm still getting pale tongues for invasions. I did Rosaria's covenant last playthrough, but I'm not even through the Crusifixion woods yet.

What gives? The Greatwood is still alive in this run if that makes a difference.
>>
How disappointed is Gwyn with his children?
>>
>>184278693
You need to equip the covenant item.
>>
File: 1493054089817.jpg (137KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493054089817.jpg
137KB, 960x960px
>>184278631
>Summoning another phantom
>Alt+Tab
>Fire up cheat engine
>mfw

>>184278693
Um, do you have the mound makers covenant equipped?
>>
File: 1480388588950.jpg (312KB, 943x943px) Image search: [Google]
1480388588950.jpg
312KB, 943x943px
>>184278631
>boss is winning
>use homeward bone
>>
>>184278294
it wouldn't make sense to fight the player character again because the player uses different armor/weapon sets. It would ruin immersion for DS1/DS2 if you knew that the player character had a specific fighting style in DS3.
>>
>>184278750
Holy shit. I can't believe I've gone through the entire game without equipping a single covenant item. I'm a retard. Thanks, Anon.
>>
File: hiding.png (58KB, 191x233px) Image search: [Google]
hiding.png
58KB, 191x233px
>>184278849
>Winning in arena
>Mfw
>>
>>184278802
I do now. Honestly, I never noticed the little diamond in the equipment menu. I've been so accustomed to DS1 menu, that I just never registered it. It just looked like decoration.
>>
File: 1468036339718.png (429KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1468036339718.png
429KB, 500x667px
Is this canon?
>>
It's late night saturday and you don't feel like masturbating
What do you do?
you invade
>>
>>184278294
Knight Slayer Tsorig is someone who has likely been around long enough to loot both Tarkus' armor and Raime's pizza spatula and make them his own trademarks.
>>
>>184279332
There are hosts having their hand held through the game RIGHT NOW

This CANNOT stand
>>
File: 1496718670468.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1496718670468.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>>184279263
>dark spirit has invaded your world
>bloodlust WA
A-At least he didn't get me r-right
>>
File: clown.png (342KB, 686x687px) Image search: [Google]
clown.png
342KB, 686x687px
Does this read as a clown?
>>
>>184279774
use the monk cut, it's sillier
>>
>>184279332
BETTER RED THAN WHITE OR BLUE
>>
File: Collector Edition.jpg (252KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
Collector Edition.jpg
252KB, 1500x844px
>>184279693
>About to lose my shiny golden arena badge
>>
>>184279905
What about purple?
>>
>>184279263
>do this
>get spotted and killed
>get claped + pointed down
>>
>>184279961
Purples can stay, they're alright.
>>
>>184279961
Vertebros are fine in my book.

Indigos can fuck off though.
>>
File: bss.png (39KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
bss.png
39KB, 512x512px
>I'm alright
>>
>>184279332
>It's late night saturday and you don't feel like masturbating.
What an outrageous premise.
>>
What happens when two hackers meet each other in arena?
>>
File: cenalaugh.gif (2MB, 193x200px) Image search: [Google]
cenalaugh.gif
2MB, 193x200px
>tfw killed someone with the boulder in Sen's Funhouse
>>
>>184280582
what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?
>>
File: 1477057647489.gif (2MB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1477057647489.gif
2MB, 268x268px
>>184279949
>receive hate comments in my page
>put my steam account in private
>>
>>184280927
I think that's their point
>>
File: yes.jpg (634KB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
634KB, 1916x1080px
>>184280351
yes, it is
>>
File: lXSWGjR.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
lXSWGjR.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
>>184254072
Pursuer's greatsword
>>
New thrrad?
>>
>>184254072
Carthus Curved Sword
>>
>>184282089
iktf

Why did they make it so terrible
>>
>>184282162
Because MyiaHACKI hates fun and fashion.
we must revolt against his evil ways
>>
>>184282162
>>184282089
Pursuer's is actually the strongest UGS in the game because of it's absurd counter damage modifier. If you get counter hits its actually stronger than Fume UGS.

Crypt blacksword is stronger if you are a hexer.
>>
File: ed.jpg (592KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
ed.jpg
592KB, 1680x945px
>>184281194
looks at me
I'm the edge now
>>
>>184282440
I loved getting into trades with my PUGS, people underestimate it.
>>
>>184282490
>While you were out partying, I was studying the BLADE
>>
File: awooga.jpg (173KB, 640x610px) Image search: [Google]
awooga.jpg
173KB, 640x610px
>>184247045
>Bad dragon toys
>animu everywhere
>PC
>>
>>184282440
Fume has the best ultra special in the game though, exactly what UGs needed to counter dexfags. Then Miyahacki removes it in 3.
>>
>>184247536
You've not been here long enough
>>
File: thrall_axe.png (5KB, 100x124px)
thrall_axe.png
5KB, 100x124px
[quickstepping intensifies]
>>
>>184282146
>cancer sword
>shit
wew you must be bad mate
>>
>>184283075
>falling for bait
>>
>>184282917
>[spam r1 intensifies]
>>
>>184283075
>2017
>range nerfed
>speed nerfed
>ar nerfed
>bleed nerfed
>cancer sword
>>
NEW BREAD PLEASE
>>
>he doesn't use whips
what's wrong with you?
>>
>>184282721
Actually, it's the one UGS that from expects you to use like a dexfag. The stomp blocks so it doesn't rely on poise, and it isn't too hard to space with a 20ft long thrust.
>>
>>184283519
it's shit
>>
>>184283350
No, let it die please
>>
>>184283560
you're shit
>>
>>184283619

It's too late now

N
>>184283738
E
>>184283738
W
>>184283738
>>
File: Shrug.jpg (46KB, 377x500px) Image search: [Google]
Shrug.jpg
46KB, 377x500px
>>184216162
I like to co-op with my friends

However we co-op as mound makers and attack anyone whose health gets below 50%.

Also it's amazing when reds get confused when the "white phantom" back stabs the host out of nowhere.
Thread posts: 780
Thread images: 135

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.