[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 762
Thread images: 138

File: Ca6x0SwVAAAlCLV.png (652KB, 1177x966px) Image search: [Google]
Ca6x0SwVAAAlCLV.png
652KB, 1177x966px
>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: https://pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Weapon Intros: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Gameplay 7/24: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGMrgDM7Fco#t=26m10s

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
https://pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

http://mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

https://sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does /vg/ play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread >>183997895
>>
>Frogstick gets air dashes and the ability to hit the monster midair to gain height, so can now both stay in the air and reposition to dodge attacks and go back in to hit the monster without touching the ground
>SnS can jump high into the air and even use the grappling hook without sheathing
>LS can build up fedora energy to momentarily phase out of existence and become unbound by the laws of gravity due to all the excess brain matter
>Even the lance can now hop so hard that with a running start it momentarily achieves flight

>DB and LBG, being The light weapons, have to use ledges like regular plebs

What a travesty
>>
File: IMG_0618.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0618.gif
3MB, 200x200px
Hunting styles ruined MHGen.
>>
>>184088887
Hunting ruined MH
>>
>>184088712
>>Even the lance can now hop so hard that with a running start it momentarily achieves flight
That's been a thing since MH4
>>
>need another 5 Hyper somethings
>the ones that drop once every other quest
No one likes this right?
>>
File: FrontierGen-Espinas_Render_002.png (1MB, 1547x866px) Image search: [Google]
FrontierGen-Espinas_Render_002.png
1MB, 1547x866px
Are you looking forward to fighting him in MHW?
>>
>>184089046
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhhEHUFStDs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04kywiMtvGc
these are the only monsters from Frontier I want to see
>>
File: Hanako 17.png (247KB, 312x519px) Image search: [Google]
Hanako 17.png
247KB, 312x519px
I like Monster Hunter!
>>
>>184089046
>poisons with nearly every attack
yeah, fuck off with that
>>
>>184089221
>not wanting the best frontier monster
taikun doesn't even get love in his own game, left behind with no g rank version.
>>
>>184089553
never even seen that, like the design
>>
>>184089640
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q5Gyu6Y318
>>
>>184088981
There's only like three of us that have played any kind of lance but Generations striker lance, which loses the jump and a bunch of other shit.
>>
>>184089489
we better get a hanako armor for our palicos in world
>>
>>184088887
I strongly disagree.
Aerial Bug stick and Adept Greatsword are some of the most fun and satisfying things I have experienced in MH
>>
>>184088887
Hunting styles did not ruined Gen, Arts and having incredibly unbalanced styles is what killed it.

But I'm glad they are out forever
>>
>>184090928
>Aerial anything
>Fun and satisfying
How can you enjoy spamming the same one jump and attack over and over and over
That's probably the laziest thing in the game outside of maybe striker style
>>
>>184091149
Not that guy but that's not what aerial IG is. Aerial IG replaces the pole vault with another one that launches you like clear across the area in a second and your aerial attack can hypothetically continue hitting infinitely since you spin until you hit the ground. I don't think it's very satisfying but it's definitely not like any other aerial style.
>>
>>184091149
You do know that having a jump and improved aerial attacks does not mean that Aerial style is incapable of attacking on the ground, right?
Aerial and Adept are the only styles that significantly change the way weapons are played.

>>184091126
It is extremely disappointing that Capcom decided to scrap Styles instead of refining and re-balancing them.
>>
>>184091450
>Aerial and Adept are the only styles that significantly change the way weapons are played.
>Forgetting Brave
>>
>>184091450
Actually brave is the only style that significantly changes most weapons. Adept and aerial just give most weapons basically the same shit replacing one of the things they do.
>>
>>184091535
>>184091561
I was talking specifically about Gen, I haven't played XX yet.
From what I hear Brave is pretty rad too, hopefully I'll get to play Brave IG when Capcom localizes XX
>>
>>184091661
Just hack your 3ds
There's no reason not to at this point
>>
>>184091723
Is there a translation out yet?
>>
>>184091868
There's been an XX translation for months.
>>
>stop playing mh after hours upon hours invested in mhfu, mhf korea, tri, 3U and 4U
>get generations
>"oh yeah collect herbs for a few more hours, again"

rip
>>
What are the best element snsesses in XX? Alatreon for dragon, the mixed metal rath for fire? I have no idea.
>>
>>184091868
XX has had a patch since less than a week after it came out
>>
Hey, does anyone buy from playasia?
anything I should know before or I preorder XX for switch?
should I just wait until it releases to order it?

any other sites I should use if playasia is a shit?
>>
>>184092862
>>184091926
Can I transfer my save?
>>
>>184093075
yes. figure out how to do it yourself though.
>>
>>184093075
how about instead of asking us twenty questions answered both in the op and implicitly several times every thread you just read the op and/or thread
>>
>>184093075
Read the OP you mong
>>
File: CdfiMVIUIAEqjVi.jpg (261KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
CdfiMVIUIAEqjVi.jpg
261KB, 1200x1600px
>>
>>184093031
>Hey, does anyone buy from playasia?

Yeah I got a few things from them, like 3DS cases and a Zinogre plush. There might be some other decent websites around, the only Jap site I bought shit off was AmiAmi.
>>
>people thinking mainline MH will ever return to handhelds again
If they went through the trouble of creating entirely new nect-gen assets, there's no way they aren't reusing them for the next decade at least. I know the Japanese core market is handhelds, but to meit looks like they are either

a) hoping the western fanbase will pick up the sales slack and abandoning JP (simultaneous global launch and consoles+pc)

Or

b) going to keep spin-offs on handheld and mainline on consoles
>>
>>184093748
Monster Hunter Portable World for the Switch.5 2020
>>
>>184093748
They could also be testing the waters for an international MMO.
>>
File: 1471735272622.png (34KB, 222x246px) Image search: [Google]
1471735272622.png
34KB, 222x246px
>tfw your presence haunts both /mhg/ and the discord
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m81XclDe5Dc

MHW DB footage
>>
>>184092525
Kirin for thunder(stack element skills), absolute zero for ice. For dragon, I think Valfalk(forgo sharpness skills) is better. No idea about fire/water.
>>
>>184095565
>japs playing the english version
maximum cuck
>>
>>184095565
>japanese sounds soothing and pleasant to the ear
>cantonese sounds like you're being stabbed in the ear with a chopstick
>>
>>184095565
And IG
and SA

>>184095863
>japs
>>
>>184095565
holy shit IG and DB do no fucking damage
do they really just want this game to be GS ONRY?
>>
>>184095565
>monster knocks you down and tries to eat you
>takes away half health
I can only imagine how much you get fucked over by higher level mons. Lotta good moving potions do if a fucking demo monster can wombo you that hard
>>
>>184095565
>monster knocks over a vine tree but doesnt get trapped
>it leaves behind a fucking vine trap
that's kind of stupid
>>
When are we going to see G rank hunts from MHW?
The beginner shit they keep showing is boring.
>>
>>184095565
>Does the SA discharge from idle
>Teleports into the air to attach to its face
>Burst of fire from the mouth sets the hunter on fire and he has to stop drop and roll
>Vore Jaggi shows up and Anj lifts it up and waves it around in the air like a toy
kek

Also that regular ass steel SA had ice element, which seems weird
>>
>>184095892
>japanese sounds soothing and pleasant to the ear
four ultimate
>>
>>184096240
coldsteel the huntah
>>
>>184096238
Oh, you poor baby
>>
>>184095565
I just realized the IG switched hands so the kinsect sits on the launcher. Neat.
>>
>>184095565
>IG doing 4-5 damage per hit
C U C K E D
>>
>>184095565
Who was the faggot who said they were too afraid to do live gameplay? I see a controller in that gook's hands.
>>
>>184095565
What are those blue bug clouds?
>>
>>184095565
>dark skinned hunters now have nigger features
N-NOT WESTERNIZED
>>
>>184096379
>kinsect does 22
Is it time?
>>
>>184095565
Oh wonderful, everyone's favorite skills like speed eating and mounting are still in the game.
Thanks Capcom.
>>
The anja wings just dissapearing like that is real frikkin weird. I also kinda wish that you can just free roam the map with no time limit before/after doing a quest. Just gathering and collecting lore items like the gashes or whatever. You know, like a real fucking hunter. I dont need to go on missions, just give me a territory and a weapon. I'll get the job done.
>>
>>184095565
Huh, so I was right about SA having a new powerup mechanic tied to the element discharge.
>>184096607
>I also kinda wish that you can just free roam the map with no time limit before/after doing a quest.
That's literally what you can do in World
>>
>>184096240
The armor added a cold damage skill
>>
>>184096740
Neat
>>
>>184096673
>Huh, so I was right about SA having a new powerup mechanic tied to the element discharge.
FUCK. SA confirmed ruined.
>>
I hope that monsters heal after winning a monster battle, otherwise thats a lot of free damage during a clash like that.
>>
>>184096815
How is that bad again
>>
>maps have more than one basecamp
weird
>>
>>184095565
So I was right about the "mines" for LBG. Its a little device that shoots a gascloud. You can shoot them to detonate but they persist after a single shot.

>still have to collect rewards one item at a time
fucking why
>>
>>184096936
Gimmicks always make weapons worse, and power boost mechanics always lead to base MVs being nerfed
>>
File: NuSbSyV.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NuSbSyV.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
What are these things?
>>184097064
SA's entire fucking scheme is powering itself up from a meter
>>
>>184095565
>gets a plate
>it's only a demo
rough
>>
>>184097064
Charging was an objective improvement to GS
And the SA moveset seems to flow better/faster now, so a damage nerf would be expected
>>
>>184097209
I'd rather have better damage than a more "fluid" moveset. And its attacks are actually slower than before because of how overanimated they are.
>>
>>184097167
I assume you're referring to the blue lights
Probably thunderbugs
>>
>>184095565
>"Dyura hatchets"
no way
NO NOT LIKE THIS
>>
>>184097264
>I'd rather have higher dps than a weapon that controls well
Hello TA autist
>>
>>184097264
then use a GS dumbass
>>
>>184097321
what's a dyura? the only thing I know with a "dyura" is dala's jap name. it it some obscure frontier monster?
>>
>>184097350
Considering GS is now an all-purpose god weapon, there's not really a sacrifice there
>>
>>184096110
>>184096379
Relative to the damage numbers we saw on GS, it doesn't look like the MVs have changed much if at all for the two (at least in terms of their ratio with each other). Literally how do you not understand hit rate, DB hits like 20 times in the time GS hits once so yes it does a tiny fraction of the damage per hit, it still gets comparable or better dps depending on whether GS has focus.

No idea what's up with the IG, if you look later on he's doing much more damage both while he has triple up and when his extracts completely wear off. The hitrate in the air is INSANE though, so it's possible that they're reworking the weapon so that the glaive is for aerial combat/mounting and the bug is for damage, considering how much faster and stronger bugs get past the dopey slow low rank shit.
>>
>>184097418
The guy wants a GS with an axe skin, I don't know what else to tell him.
>>
>>184097209
don't neglect LS(spirit) and GL(heat gauge) just because they don't fit your argument
>>
>>184097395
its actually jyura
lets hope it isn't a localized name
the art style is consistent with dyura equipment though
>>
>>184097350
>just use a GS if you want to use a good weapon
I want every weapon to be good dipshit
Not one good weapon and 13 pointless gimmicks
>>
>>184097549
Why would a Dyura weapon do water damage instead of ice?
>>
>>184097643
>literally changing the argument again
you said you want to do big damage without a flashy moveset. take a wild guess which weapon does that in spades? SA has always attacked pretty fast for a "large" weapon, now the moves connect in a more stylish way. Your autism doesn't retroactively make SA into GS light.
>>
File: early shitaxe.png (131KB, 275x853px) Image search: [Google]
early shitaxe.png
131KB, 275x853px
>>184097643
He's talking about
>I want to use an axe
>I don't care if its moveset is fluid as opposed to slow and clunky
>I just want it to do high damage
switchaxe is the wrong weapon for you then, pic related
>>
>>184097735
I don't want SA to be GS lite, I want SA to retain its current moveset instead of being ruined by pointless gimmicks. All it needed was faster axe mode movement speed and a few sword mode MV buffs.
>>
>>184097671
good point, thank fuck.
>>
>>184097791
>all it needed
what are you, the weapon police? they made it more stylish because they felt like it, who gives a shit what you think it needs
>>
>>184097868
Making it more stylish doesn't make it any more useful. The weapon was fun to play in 4U but complete bottom of the barrel damage wise, making it even harder to do damage with it isn't the way to go there.
>>
>>184097931
I guess they should just remove the model, animations and particle effects. You should just emit an aura of damage when youre in the same zone as the enemy. You'll get real consistent damage that way.
>>
>>184097931
Technical weapons are supposed to be gimmicky and not as efficient as heavy ones. If you want to kill shit fast, use a heavy weapon. Technical weapons are for messing around and having fun.
>>
>>184097931
>wants to do damage
>use some gimmicky trash weapon
>>
>>184097791
https://youtu.be/T8FA1HzJE-s?t=138
So you want something like this?
>>
>>184098053
>doesnt use axe once
yeah that sounds like what this dumbass wants
a large or otherwise "great" sword
>>
>>184097992
Shut up you strawmanning fuck, the pace of attacking and the movement and sidesteps are a big part of what makes SA fun, but the weapon didn't feel rewarding to use in 4U because you might as well have been smacking the monster with a foam bat. Gen managed to fix that, at least.
>>
>>184098113
They don't use axe once in the MHW gameplay footage either, and all the new additions are for sword mode only.
>>
>>184098118
Your argument is literally
>SA has perfect animations and moveset
I mean thats just retarded in and of itself, theres no such thing as perfect, its gotta change at some point, why not now, and why not this way? Because it offends youre retarded notion of what SA """""should"""" be? Surprise cockfag, not everyone thinks the way you do, least of all the devs.
>>
>>184098003
>Technical weapons
>not as efficient
CB and IG disagree
>>
>wah wah DPS
If you want to kill monsters quickly, use a GS or HBG.
If you want to have fun or mess around, use one of the other weapons.
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>184098216
nothing is as efficient as GS though so once you feel like using a different weapon, efficiency as a parameter should just not matter
>>
>>184098003
>>184098260
>making excuses for bad balance
In a perfect world TA wouldn't even need to be divided into weapons, that's an impossible standard but it should still be aimed for.
>>
>>184098003
>adopting the MHST naming convention literally overnight from its use in MHW promotional material
>spouting blatant misinformation as if those classifications actually meant anything
LBG is more of a "technical" weapon than bow and bow is more of a "light" weapon but it's not like those classifications were made up for any reason but to consolidate 14 half minute videos into three 2-3 minute ones for easier viewing, without making it one long one for the target audience of ADD-riddled american teens
>>
>>184098440
That wouldn't be perfect at all, in a perfect world TA would control for armour sets and all be in or similar to the arena so that it was a purer expression of player skill. There should be as many controlled variables as possible in TA, even if the weapons were apparently perfectly balanced. Which they shouldn't be, different weapons should be better for different hunts.
>>
>>184098440
Balance is boring. Sometimes I just wanna shit on a monster quickly, and sometimes I want to have a longer fight where I actually have to try, and make up for using a weaker or harder to use weapon with player skill.
If every weapon is equally strong, your choice may as well not even matter anymore.
>>
>>184098440
It's a fucking PvE game, there's no reason why it should be balanced
>>
>>184098440
I wholeheartedly agree but the sheer nature of the weapons, certain attacks are going to be circumstantial. Thats why they cater to different people. GS's big thing is damage, thats all it can do with a small chance to KO. The other weapons perform better against certain mons, certain maps, and yeah even specific attack patterns do to RNG. Ultimately a fun and dynamic game will never be balanced. Likewise a perfectly balanced game would be formulaic and boring. Chess is close to perfectly balanced and most people can't fuckign stand it. While I know theres millions of rabid chess fans, the fact remains the majority of people do not give a shit. My point is, the appeal of SA isn't its reliability. It literally locks away half of its moveset at a time. By design it powers itself up for temporary flashy burst damage. The guy wants reliable consitent damage. Literally 2 weapons do that and its GS and HBG. I don't know where this guy got the idea that SA is "supposed" to be consistently high damage. That would just make it a GS with different looking combos. Every other weapon is about "action shots" with the super moves. If he doesnt want that, there are existing weapons that cater to that.
>>
>>184098713
GS's thing is being extremely easy to use and its high(er) skill gameplay consisting (in theory) of predicting where the monster will be and having a smash prepared just the right amount of time in advance. Literally every weapon is damage-oriented, even the weak ones like HH and LBG that have recently been shafted increasingly into the role of "support" weapons. Their focus is in HOW they do damage.
>>
>>184098713
What
SA is reliable consistent damage, GS is burst damage
Have you ever played MH?
And every weapon having roughly equal numbers of advantageous and disadvantageous matchups would actually be balanced. The kind of balance people want out of MH is that if you took optimized TAs from every hunt in the game for every weapon, their average time would be roughly the same. But that's not the case, the same few weapons dominate on 90% of monsters, and the lower end weapons' average times are generally twice as long or more as the top tiers.
>>
>>184099004
I think we agree for the most part. GS is "always" good. SA has to build up to its good part. Fundamentally this is stil ltrue.
>>
it is just a game kids lol
>>
>>184099046
>consistent
>has a power meter
Maybe if youre a gen bab running perma demon riot
>>
>>184098440
>balance weapons against every monster
Man fuck off with that idea. Why is there a need for balance in a PvE game. I wouldn't recommend greatsword as being good against dreadking but I would recommend it as a 140 garuga murderer. Similarly I wouln't recommend sns/glaive as a 140 garuga murderer but I would say they could handle dreadking very well compared to greatsword. The weapons are balanced against certain monsters and have recieved buffs and debuffs as needed when they overshadow other weapons in the same role. Biggest example of this is how insect glaive was basically a better longsword in every respect in 4U and now in XX longsword is an iframe offensive monster. This keeps the weapons unique. Greatsword just comes as an S tier weapon against most monsters because of how the game is made around punishing mistakes from player and monster alike.
>>
>>184099058
SA doesn't have to build up to anything, it can use its sword mode right away, and it generally never stops using its sword mode. If you run out you generally just reload, and then keep using sword mode. SA gameplay meanwhile involves positioning yourself to be able to keep attacking continuously with minimal movement while being able to sidestep incoming attacks, while GS is about predicting a monster's movement to land single, big damage hits on a weak spot.
Which one of these sounds like burst to you, and which one is consistent damage?
And I don't want these roles to change, I just want SA to be better at the job it's supposed to do.
>>
>>184095565
Those DBs have water element on them I think.
>>
>>184099058
SA isn't CB. It doesn't build up to shit. You draw into swordmode, usually by the time you get to the monster you have a full gauge because it charges both rapidly and passively. When it runs out you can literally reload it so there isn't real downtime. It's also one of the strongest weapons in Generations and probably XX, way ahead of GS in fact, but it was bottom tier and roughly tied with GL in 4U.
>>
>>184099274
>I just want SA to be better at the job it's supposed to do.
there's no evidence it doesnt. Before you reply think hard about what evidence means.
>>
>>184095565
>kick those sphere plants to release a paralytic cloud
>random flashbugs for a free flash
>trees that get knocked down form snares
that's a lot of (anti-monster)hazards. i wonder if their location is consistent between hunts?
>>
>>184099274
You know that the original concept for SA is extremely high damage but with lengthy animations as if the weapon's sheer power and weight was impossible to control? MHW's SA is simply them actually sticking to the weapon's concept instead of making it a functional LS and IG clone.
>>
>>184099446
>kick those sphere plants
those are frogs
>>
>>184099242
Again, nobody said that every weapon had to be equally good against every monster, just that there shouldn't be weapons that are just shit against EVERY monster, or ones that completely shit on every monster. But every single MH has had weapons like this.
>>
>>184099446
The flashes seem particularly dumb.
>item you can carry 5+10 of
>that you can throw in any direction at any time
>haha instead I'm gonna sit right next to this thing and just wait for the monster to be facing me so I can kick it and then have to run to the monster
para fungi seem super useful though
>>
File: 1497561024691.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497561024691.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>>184095565
>The way the SA just teleports to Vulture-kun's head
I feel like there's going to be a massive amount of stunlocking
>>
>>184099759
it seems like a measure so you dont wiff your big attacks. THe other weapons seems to have their big moves let them vault off of or onto the monster.
>>
>>184099759
>in before the game is mount and item spam and have everyone just whale(heh get it) on the monster.
Hopefully I'm wrong.
>>
SA should just be removed. There's nothing appealing or unique about its gameplay or design. CB is literally SA but reworked to be way better in basically every way, with the two modes actually being significantly different and the axe mode (ie the one that doesn't overlap with any other weapon besides SA) feeling like a chopping axe and being the stronger of the two modes rather than the pissweak one. Lance does the "stay right up a monster's ass going ham" thing way better. SA has no niche and never really has for the most part, and CB has pushed it off of what little territory it did have.

Actually I take that back, exclusively retard use it online so it's an easy way to immediately filter shitters into the blacklist.
>>
>>184099898
you don't even know how it fairs in world
>>
>>184099898
*retards
>>
>>184099898
I sure move dealing more with phials than with the monster.
>>
can henkuku swap user accounts easy? and can it go online? id like the play frounteir
>>
>>184096673
>Huh, so I was right about SA having a new powerup mechanic tied to the element discharge.
You mean I was right.
>>
>>184095892
a ding ho batabababa chong
>>
>>184099112
Its not even a good one
>>
File: 1485606454976.png (739KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485606454976.png
739KB, 900x800px
>>184100748
>>
>>184101131
oh......
>>
File: toaster.png (14KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
toaster.png
14KB, 350x350px
>tfw want to give the weapon design contest a shot
Are the terms and conditions for something like this always so spooky looking?
>>
File: IMG_20170721_160313.jpg (2MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170721_160313.jpg
2MB, 3036x4048px
MHWorld?
>>
>>184100748
I thought you pretty much had to use a different SD card for having different region PSN accounts.
>>
>>184101357
yeah dude
>>
File: two blind men.jpg (211KB, 1280x778px) Image search: [Google]
two blind men.jpg
211KB, 1280x778px
>>184101392
>SD Card

Shit, I meant Vita memory card. Not sure if any of those microSD loaders (be they 3G or game card slot) for Henkaku would end up working either.
>>
File: 20170728_085248.jpg (316KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20170728_085248.jpg
316KB, 1328x747px
Managed to hunt my first G2 Zinogre, got a Jasper and this
>>
>>184102075
Fun fact, that is the single hunt I did the most in 4U.
>>
File: 1488003569084.jpg (286KB, 1067x858px) Image search: [Google]
1488003569084.jpg
286KB, 1067x858px
>>184102402
What for? The armor? Or the gems?
Pupper definitely put up a fight.
>Those fucking tail combos
>>
>>184102520
Not him but it's a very fun fight for practically every weapon. He just stands there and takes it. Whether it be greatsword charges to the face or tripping into back breaking attacks with insect glaive or other fast weapons. Also try stygian zinogre solo since it's G2. It should be very very very fun. You did do zinogre solo right?
>>
>>184102789
>You did do zinogre solo right?
I've soloed everything in the game up until this point, or rather 'soloed', I guess, with palicos. I need to stop relying on them, they're pretty useless anyway. Is there any benefit to not bringing palicos? When they're up, and all for 5 seconds, they give me the occasional heal.
I panic roll way too much.
>>
>>184102520
Killing time and like every single person ever wanted to farm it, and I helped a lot of people.
>>
>No Lock on
>Can't see boss health
>attacking doesn't take stamina even though the stamina bar is fucking huge
>boss fights take entirely too fucking long because they are just damage sponges and won't stop running all over the world
>most of the weapons are too slow to be usable

These games are fucking dogshit.
>>
>>184102979
Switch to stealing palicos, they're actually a godsend.
>>
File: 1486927254831.jpg (360KB, 891x941px) Image search: [Google]
1486927254831.jpg
360KB, 891x941px
>>184103115
How so? Also, I rarely ever pick up what the palicos drop for me anyway.
>>
>>184102979
The benefit to not bringing companions is that the monster becomes a lot more predictable, because you know the only thing it can aim at is you.
>>
>>184103067
Is that the best you could do ?
Now that's just sad.
>>
>>184102520
>also tail combos
You ain't seen nothing yet until you see the 360 frenzied breakspinning zinogre. That thing is literally feinting and dancing on your ass.
>>184102979
Palicos draw attention. Bad for solo gameplay but they practically function as shitty multiplayer companions. The main function they do as I said is draw attention. That way the monster isn't on your ass 24/7 and instead allows you to take advantage of him being distracted by allowing not "a little" but a "shitton" of free hits and free healing that you don't really notice. Thus you're playing multiplayer with shitty companions.
>>
>>184103183
Instead of providing herb-tier heals when you're at full health, dying constantly and hitting the monster for 2 damage every twenty seconds, they hit the monster like once every 5 minutes, spend the rest of their time avoiding getting hit and every time they hit the monster they steal a carve. They're basically extra carves. The shit they grab shows up in an extra rewards screen.

there's also treasure cats which may get you charms sometimes but usually they just get you items you can multiply way faster
>>
>>184103357
I miss how the Shakas could carve monsters on top of having a Melynx mask for stealing one item per monster, though seemingly random it was it did give more incentive to utilize them.
>>
While we're talking palicos, Im curious. Does the leadership forte do anything in 4u?

>>184103539
Shaka were the best.
>>
>SA sword mode has fade slashes
We actually Frontier now
>>
>>184103576
>Does the leadership forte do anything in 4u

Not that I know of, the leader just adapts to whatever is in your party of five.
>>
>>184103764
did you miss that they directly lifted the earth style upswing transform animation and the storm style double sweep animation?
>>
On SA:

Basic X mash combo is now overhead slash, right rising slash, left rising slash instead of downward, upward, repeat.

Circle after an overhead slash does "Heavenward Flurry", presumably that new jumping attack from the trailer.
The horizontal slash A button chain is entirely gone, pressing circle now does the double slash right away.

All attacks can be comboed into a morph slash, element discharge or a fade slash.

Attacking in sword mode fills up a phial energy gauge that gives you some kind of boost when filled up. All attacks fill this gauge, but discharges do it especially fast.

Axe mode step attack now combos into the side slash, or wild swing.
>>
>capcom expects MHW and MvC:I to sell 10m units combined
welp RIP MH in the west
>>
>>184104559
We literally getting their biggest game catered to us, how is it rip
>>
>>184104489
oh, sorry, you can combo every attack into the heavenward flurry by pressing circle, not just the overhead, except for the second rising slash, as that returns you to "idle", so circle will do a double slash here
>>
>>184104743
Honestly, what gets me hype for the new movesets is that it looks like you dont have to sidehop cancel after every single attack
>>
File: 1458249852753.jpg (57KB, 960x949px) Image search: [Google]
1458249852753.jpg
57KB, 960x949px
>>184104559
Jesus Christ, how absolutely delusional are they?
>>
>>184104489
Stop talking in Nintendo buttons. We've past those dark times.
>>
>>184104559
nice logic you must be just to stir shit up
>>
>>184105034
>>>/v/
>>
>>184105204
I mean if you think about it "X" and "A" dont do anything since there isnt a controller tha uses that scheme
>>
>>184105296
What is the xbone
>>
>>184105421
garbage
>>
>>184105501
gottem
>>
>>184105421
Attack buttons would be B and Y on that.
>>
>>184105667
But X and A would still do something
>>
On DB:

Circle in demon mode does spin2win. Demon Fangs -> Twofold Demon Slash -> Sixfold Demon Slash basic triangle string. Triangle+Circle does your Blade Dance. Overall DB had a bunch of stuff weirdly shuffled around. Spin2win is now followed up by roundslash or rising slash. There's a double slash you can do out of a dash.
>>
>>184104595
>Catered to us
Yeah how big is the western fanbase again. Also fucking airdashing insect glaive and mounts and grappling hooks is not catering to me at all. If I wanted that then maybe I'd play frontier. I'll just pirate it and buy it if it's actually good. I will not go through another
>frontier
>online
>world
Ruse on the pc.
>>
>>184104489
>instead of downward, upward, repeat
that was only with striker style btw
>>
File: malFESTEo.png (172KB, 416x436px) Image search: [Google]
malFESTEo.png
172KB, 416x436px
>>184105964
>no true demon mode or quick sharpen to boost attack
>mainline DB will forever be a brainlet weapon
well at least it got some DD looking moves.
>>
Is Rathalos weaker to ice or lightning damage? Reading guides and different guides say different things. I don't have a dragon element weapon yet. Would be better to farm one up first before farming rathalos? Using a charge sword in mhgen might switch to hammer to fight it.
>>
>>184105964
that sounds like a lloyd combo from tales of symphonia
>>
>>184106975
Deeepends on rathalos. Silver is very shiny. Azure is very blue. Just like a desert shark is not going to be weak to lightning like a water shark is.
>>
SA's sword meter drains extremely fast now, but it also refills quickly. It also doesn't seem to have a reload option anymore.
So yeah, you're not getting away with sword only here, most likely.
>>
>>184106975
thunder. you could just make the highest raw option, especially if you go hammer.
>>
>>184107262
>No more reload sword
Great
Now I just hope the phial buff does something to axe mode
>>
>Capcom: 450K is 1Q figure for Ultra Street Fighter II, above its expectation. Also "starting to prepare" multiple Switch-version titles.

WE FUCKING DID IT BOIS, NO NEED TO THANK ME FOR BUYING THIS SHITTY GAME
>>
>>184107262
>It also doesn't seem to have a reload option anymore.
Called it.
>>
>>184106975
Fire/Flying is weak to thunder
>>
File: 1443048987632.png (87KB, 220x166px) Image search: [Google]
1443048987632.png
87KB, 220x166px
>>184107649
Anything Nintendo is getting MH-wise from now on is going to be spinoff scraps. You think they are going to build next-gen assets from the ground up, use them for one game and then forget about them? We're talking about the company that is still using fucking PS2 assets in 2017.
>>
>>184107502
While boosted the axe mode looks the same while the sword mode glows red hot, so I'd assume the buff only applies to sword mode.
The aim seems to be to make you use both modes rather than favoring one, with sword being the more powerful of the two in most situations, and the axe mode fueling the sword mode.
Reloading probably is still in, the R2 prompt only says "morph", but reloading is done with the same button as morphing, and you also morph right after doing it, so. It's just probably a lot less valuable, as axe mode charges up the sword gauge extremely fast now.
>>
>>184107896
Cringe, please don't talk about things you don't understand, kiddo.
>>
>>184107896
>Replying to the shitposter
Welcome to /mhg/, please ignore the monkeys on your left.
>>
>>184107896
>You think they are going to build next-gen assets from the ground up, use them for one game and then forget about them?

They can just downscale assets whenever needed
>>
>>184107649
Even if Switch gets a downgraded port a year later, it doesn't matter. Capcom has crossed the worldwide multiplat release line with MH. They cannot go back. Future titles will all be multiplat and have worldwide releases. Which means consumers can make their own choices now and always.
>>
>>184107195
It's just the basic one from the village 5 quest. Fight it in the volcano map.
>>184107312
I'll have too look at my options, but it'll probably have to just be the highest damage I can make.
>>184107875
Too bad most of the weapons I can make are poison.

Thanks guys.
>>
>Capcom expects MvCI and World to sell 10m copies between them
>mfw all those shitposter shills who were saying that it only needs to sell 2m copies got BTFO
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: Spin Attack!.gif (1015KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Spin Attack!.gif
1015KB, 300x200px
>>184088587
https://twitter.com/Kyoufu2011/status/890918442148257792

We are getting closer to Levi every game.
>>
>>184109051
Stop posting your own shitter here, faggot. Go back to gaf.
>Anti-trump tweets
Every time. MAGA
>>
>>184109051
Animeshit ruined mh.
>>
>>184109051
Go back to your containment board(s).
>>
>first quest today
>simple snowbaron quest
>have trouble for some reason after stepping on him repeatedly yesterday
>switch to adept dbs to get it over with
>still can't do it without carting

sometimes I feel like I should give up monster hunter forever out of embarrassment
>>
>>184106931
there is a demon mode though, look at the weapon demo video
>>
You think deviants will ever come back?
They'd be a great concept for something like limited time quests that pop up every now and again
>>
>>184112672
Deviants are better than subspecies, and they should be more difficult as a kind of "new game +" dealy, but the sheer amount of them youre asked to do is retarded.
>>
>>184112672
>>184112747
If deviants come back, I hope that they either cut down on the number of quests (5 for each monster would be fine) and actually make most deviant gear useable, if not the best.

It's frustrating when you spend a lot of time on deviant arzuros only to realise that none of its gear is worth making.
>>
>>184112747
Yeah, the ridiculous grindy quest chains made them unbearable
Given how deviants are supposed to be special snowflake monsters, they could do a lot with them, have each one be a little story

Hell, with how World is designed, you could even make them actual Quest quests, doing all the tracking yourself and chasing them through all the maps, killing the monsters they leave behind and trying to kill them without going back to the village or having the guild just deliver you to a pre-scouted monster
It would be like what 4U expeditions were supposed to be
>>
>>184111863
He's talking about true demon mode, frontier's tier 2 demon mode where it saps your health instead of stamina but unlocking a whole range of evasive attacks. Zenith style also added a tier 3 demon mode.
>>
Evade lancing will be in world, right??????
>>
>>184114480
Lance in MHW will be more Frontier and will be more guard-centric
>>
>>184114193
frontier isnt mainline its just back burner shit capcom keeps simmering to milk idiots.
>>
>>184095565
Anaja seems to do some decently high damage for a low rank monster
>>
>>184115095
So don't reply to that guy. He was obviously reference frontier.
>>
Last fiscal year:

RE7's goal: 4 million
RE7's actual sales: 3.5 million

This fiscal year:

RE7's goal: 2 million
RE7's progress in the first quarter: 200K

>shills STILL saying that World only needs to sell 2m copies
>>
>>184115016
Frontier Lance is played purely evade based though.
>>
File: 1422905096857.jpg (117KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1422905096857.jpg
117KB, 1058x705px
>>184114193
>You get a small attack buff with the higher tiers of demonization
>Attack buff goes up when you've consumed all your green health
>Attack buff goes up again when you've then consumed all the red health that was left behind
>>
>>184115659
too bad about the awful combo multiplier gimmick that completely ruins its gameplay.
>>
>>184115645
>Has a heavy guard that can be used as a party guard with a cooldown
>Guard skills can negate all chip damage, nearly all stamina drain and now also increase the radius of the guard to be nearly 360 degrees with the Improved Guard skill
>Multiple skills that only activate on a guard
>Extreme style now comes with a feature that only charges upon guarding attacks, giving an area wide heal, self infinite stamina buff, or improving your motion values at the three levels respectively

>"It's purely evade based though"
>>
File: mhw lance.webm (963KB, 380x212px) Image search: [Google]
mhw lance.webm
963KB, 380x212px
>>184115645
MHW lance adds a high guard that consumes stamina just like in frontier.
>>
>>184116180
I said that it's purely played as an evasive weapon. It has a lot of guard based features but people don't use them.
>>
Frontierfag needs to leave.
>>
>>184116763
That's completely wrong, but ok.
>>
>>184113432
>Out in the field pulling some free hunt action
>Hear a loud noise and get a map ping
>Some caravan was attacked, the survivors tell you the tale of a Great Jaggi unlike any they'd ever seen, this one was real swole, wore an eyepatch, and has two dicks
>You decide to hunt it, scoutflies can't track it but you follow the obvious trail to a clearing where you find the Two-Dicked Jaggi setting upon a couple of passing felyines, who are putting up a marginal fight
>You wreck its shit and it runs off, repelled
>Heading off to a different map in the direction it fled, you stumble upon a dead Gypceros, mauled and eaten by the Jaggi
>But it's not dead
>Finishing what your prey started, you examine the wounds on the corpse and get your scoutflies to track a trail left by its blood
>You track it to a cave, where it lies asleep, protected by a group of lesser, subservient Great Jaggis and a small army of normal jaggis
>During the fight, attracted by the smell of blood, a Jho pops in to say hi
>Once everything is dead and the area is safe, you call in a cleanup crew to haul the bodies
>Due to technically being a job you did all the work on yourself instead of a guild scouted quest, the international dibs protocol leaves you with the majority of the spoils from the corpse, easily giving you enough mats to make a set of equipment
Could be comfy
>>
File: ahhh.... ye olde faithful.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ahhh.... ye olde faithful.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
File: MHRoC-Lagiacrus_Art_001.jpg (413KB, 2500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
MHRoC-Lagiacrus_Art_001.jpg
413KB, 2500x3000px
>>184118046
>literally shoulder tackle the fuck out of some giant monster while giving 0 fucks about its attack and slam your giant sword in its face

G R E A T
R
E
A
T
>>
Starting up MH4U, I'm really rusty and I just realized my HR is only 9.
If anybody wants to join up the GH is 37-6154-7739-5727, password is rage
>>
Can anyone recommend settings in PPSSPP for MHP3HD to get it running properly at the best possible quality?
>>
>>184118509
how about you suck my dick first? I bet you play a female character.
>>
So glad Longsword gets a counter for MHWorld, as that's what it has always needed imo. Unlike the other long ranged melee weapons, LS has to commit to attacks to build up meter. Giving it a counter will make it much easier to do this, give them more variety for builds (making evade optional), and most importantly will separate the weapon from Switch Axe (as the latter will no longer completely outclass it).

I started with Monster Hunter Generations and went to play 4U and it's amazing how anyone could even enjoy longsword in this game.
>>
File: blunt, weighty and savage.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
blunt, weighty and savage.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>184118502
Don't know how I misread it, but it's actually 7.
>>
>>184118574
It looks like lots of weapons have escape options between attacks, with varying quickness. Shits gonna be a momentum based action hack and slash.
>>
File: stouted, stoic.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
stouted, stoic.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
Dual shields weapon when
>>
>>184118824

That doesn't sound much different from Generations, but World looks leagues more smooth to play. I'm excited to not have to play Monster Hunter on a handheld.
>>
File: ah the gunlance!.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ah the gunlance!.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>184119037
>full grip controller
>more than 2 attack buttons
>HD res
>sub 60 fps
okay that last one sucks but we're still getting a lot. I hope PC friends can play uncapped.
>>
>>
File: nimble nature.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
nimble nature.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
I can't believe every single female in MHW is so ugly. Worse than Mass Effect.
>>
File: unleash a feral.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
unleash a feral.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>184119128
>>184119405
>>184119659
>>184120204
These filenames are great, keep it up.
>>
File: IMG_20170728_074406.jpg (3MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170728_074406.jpg
3MB, 4048x3036px
Best couple
>>
File: weapon's ultimate power.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
weapon's ultimate power.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>184120460
i agree
>>
File: supporting your hunting party.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
supporting your hunting party.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
File: 1497119832941.png (1MB, 953x715px) Image search: [Google]
1497119832941.png
1MB, 953x715px
>SA in 4U
Why the fuck did they change the moveset like that, feels terrible.
>>
>>184120998
what's wrong with the moveset
>>
>>184121089
You don't mash X to vitcory, it's X>A.
They trying to get the horizontal slash to morph back and get all confuses in slashes and double slashes. It feels WRONG.
>>
File: wreak havoc.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wreak havoc.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
Thanks Koupongle, it feels weird being the new guy that needs help
>>
File: tumblr_ocbnfaZhD81srnvs1o2_500.gif (2MB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocbnfaZhD81srnvs1o2_500.gif
2MB, 500x238px
>>184121269
>>
File: silver rathalos.jpg (64KB, 1024x504px) Image search: [Google]
silver rathalos.jpg
64KB, 1024x504px
Gen hub up, we're hunting hyper silver rathalos, please send help.
>>
>>184121240
>morphing out of sword mode
you're playing SA wrong
>>
File: release its destructive force.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
release its destructive force.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
File: 1471153143770.jpg (24KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1471153143770.jpg
24KB, 500x371px
Emulating Tri, why is water combat so awful? I think it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't move so slowly, trying to aim for a specific body part is a fucking pain in the ass when the monster turns around faster than if it were on land.
>>
I liked SA better when it was a strictly inferior IG/LS and its only purpose was to identify blacklistable shitters who would actually use it.
>>
File: IMG_20170728_081730.jpg (1MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170728_081730.jpg
1MB, 3036x4048px
MHWorld!
>>
>>184121579
To reload, baka.
>>
>>184121615
If CB doesn't have 4U's moveset then it can fuck off.
>>
>>184121824
I liked every other weapon better when they were a strictly inferior GS.
>>
File: fights to the skies.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
fights to the skies.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>184121240
Play Gen, it lets you mash X and do actual damage while doing it
>>
>>184121824
>>184099898
Yes, we get it, you have shit taste
>>
>>184095565
ching chong ding dong fried dog
>>
File: 1421183829367.jpg (182KB, 779x672px) Image search: [Google]
1421183829367.jpg
182KB, 779x672px
>>184122115
>>184121824
Truly, 4U was the pinnacle of the series.
>>
File: your fellow hunters.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
your fellow hunters.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
Why did gen 2 have so many weird experimental monsters
Why did none of them ever come back
>>
File: wing tipped terrors.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
wing tipped terrors.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>184123285
chickens
>>
File: 8OcB6Aj.png (201KB, 495x352px) Image search: [Google]
8OcB6Aj.png
201KB, 495x352px
>>184095565
Crafting at basecamp confirmed? Didn't see any options for it. Being able to stake it out for multiple hunts without ever having to return to village sounds pretty god damn comfy to me. I just hope the village exists and theres a reason to return to it eventually.
>>
>>184120204
>that demon mode
we levi bois
>>
Thanks for everything Koupongle
>>
File: 1454427784181.png (118KB, 332x450px) Image search: [Google]
1454427784181.png
118KB, 332x450px
>>184122682
>tfw no offensive songs
being a hunting horn user is suffering
>>
File: navi check.jpg (146KB, 422x500px) Image search: [Google]
navi check.jpg
146KB, 422x500px
>>184125520
No probs, pal.
>>
>>184123285
What are you talking about? Literally all of them are back in gen X with the exception of the most annoying bird wyvern in the series, the giant gimmick crab, the giant flying squid, and teostra girlfriend. Even fucking Bulldrome made it back. Nobody even likes Bulldrome.
>>
>>184121824

>Free Minds Eye
>Versatile moveset
>Not reliant on building/mainting a gauge to deal good damage
>almost imba with evasion skills

When was SA inferior to LS? It's never happened as long as I've been playing. IG is pretty much a more forgiving version of LS with more options.

SA has never been inferior to LS.
>>
>>184126349
tri only
>>
>>184126483

I've never played that one, though it seems hard to believe unless LS's numbers were busted or SA had a different kit altogether. Did it still have free mind's eye back then? Because that is a game-changing difference, especially early on and soloing.
>>
>mhw turns out to be anime as fuck
>suddenly all the mhw shills are totally cool with it and enjoy it when previously they kept shitting on mhx and xx for being anime

woah... what could have brought about that change of heart?
>>
>>184127932
What if the people that loved MHW stopped posting about it and the XX fags came out of the woods to praise it? Didn't think about that didn't you?
>>
>>184128036
That would be awfully convenient huh?
>>
>>184128159
Awfully logical, I didn't do a 180, the weapon video cemented my decision to not play it. I was on the fence, I'm not anymore.
>>
>>184127932

What does "anime as fuck" mean? Are you talking about flashy moves? Because MHWorld seems like it has less of that compared to MHGen. Just ignore them, petty people complain about petty things.
>>
>>184127932
Shills have had to do enough backpedaling to cover the whole tour de france, just ignore them.
>>
>>184095565
>DBs still clipping through the cape

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>184127932
>People didn't hate XX because it sucked, it was just because it had anime themes!
>Pls buy XX btw
>>
So, from the latest footage we know Demon Mode isn't deactivated upon taking damage anymore and there's no "unsheathed run" , that's just the new animation.
>>
>>184109675
But remember, is ok if MHW does it.
>>
>>184109051
AT LEAST it's a downward spin attack instead of upward like that retarded gif.
But since the series is going that way, yeah, wait for next gen
>>
>>184127932
But I like anime as fuck. I don't like "adept" dodge during these 3 seconds to win, anime or not.
>>
>>184130262
But continuously jumping around in the air for 10 seconds is alright yeah?
>>
>>184130152
It's worse if MHW does it, it means Fujioka is a traitor.
>>
Is Akantor Kingsword good?
Seems like it could work nicely with Blunt and Tenderizer.
>>
>>184095565
>10:04
>Health Booster
what
>>
>>184130649
I think it either lets you regen from potions faster or extends your health. I dont feel like comparing footage so nyeah
>>
>>184109675
No it didn't, fuck off.
Monter Hunter has always been Anime, now it's just a bit more honest about it.
>>
>>184109675
Nah, it's more like Deviant quests rewards and mechanics, Hyper monsters, arts and most styles suck mad ass.

This comes from a guy who still wants Frontier translated and hates Gen and XX.
>>
>>184122091
the slides looks dope though
>>
>>184095565
One pip of Defense Up adds 5 defense.
>>
>>184131182
>mechanics

What do you mean by this?
I found Deviants significantly more fun to fight than Apex monsters, for example. I don't know who the fuck thought it would be fun to have monsters that bounce all attacks unless you hit them after using an item with a long ass cooldown.
>>
>>184131491
People who knew that you don't need Drive at all? Apex is the best mechanic when it comes to challenge and the only complaints about it come from shitters who struggle to learn a second set of hitzones.
>>
>>184131758
apex is dumb
>>
File: WifeHunter.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
WifeHunter.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
what are some imperative HBG skills? I'm not gonna specialize in a pierce build, so just skills like ammo/recoil? or evade distance?
>>
>>184132136
What game?
Also say it with me bros, World is going to be the best MH game and best-selling MH game of all time and will strike a perfect balance between anime planet and animal planet. 3DShit and Shitch can't complete.
>>
>>184132067
The Apex music was pretty hype though, it really conveyed the feeling that some serious shit was going down.
>>
>>184130425
If it's fun and doesn't suck dick, yes
>>
>>184132576
That's like the only bad thing about Apex.
>>
>>184095565
I remember someone in the thread saying that you could replace the spoken dialogue with the typical grunts and monosyllables, is that true?
I don't think I've read that anywhere else.
>>
>>184132459
gen, but i was thinking of making a new save file in 4u. which one is better?
>>
>>184132968
Wait for World
>>
File: 1472301517013.jpg (1008KB, 1181x1748px) Image search: [Google]
1472301517013.jpg
1008KB, 1181x1748px
I want to give Milsy a big, wet, deep, disgusting, unmistakably sexual adult kiss as I fondle her petite loli body all over!
>>
>>184132968
4u
>>
>>184133125
This can't be legal.
>>
Is Prowler mode a meme?
I mean, I know it sort of is, but does it have its uses?
>>
>>184133678
>drawings being illegal
in what shithole do you live, son?
>>
>>184131491
Knocking them out of Apex and then beating the shit out of them was incredibly satisfying, though.
>>
>>184134910
Not that Anon but I'm pretty sure anyone living in the civilized world would get in trouble for having a collection of those.
>>
>>184134891
It's use is being monhun's "girlfriend mode"
>>
>>184135213
No, not really
Authoritarian states that dictate the porn consumption of its citizenry aren't civilized
>>
File: delet.jpg (8KB, 135x264px) Image search: [Google]
delet.jpg
8KB, 135x264px
>>184133125
>>
>>184135675
kek
I don't know why I expected anything more than some silly rationalization.
>>
>>184121685
>ask a question and immediately answer it yourself
Hating underwater is like 80% memes and people who played on 3ds anyway.
>>
>>184136247
That's not a rationalization
Nothing is being rationalized
Any society that doesn't value freedom is shit, period
>>
>>184126349
4U
>it's g-got minds eye and a versatile moveset! LS doesn't have that!
Natural mind's eye is worthless unless you're a turbo shitter or fighting gravios for the first time with green sharpness (but if you're gonna predicate your weapon choice on that you should be using a gun for gravios), and LS's moveset is a lot more versatile than SA's.

>Not reliant on building/mainting a gauge to deal good damage
Literally is. The weapon is called "reload sword" for a reason, and LS's gauge is not a problem to fill past the first time on some monsters.
>>
Is World gonna release with a small roster and depend on DLC to fill in the rest of the content?
>>
File: 1498255415823.gif (2MB, 357x238px) Image search: [Google]
1498255415823.gif
2MB, 357x238px
>>184109051
>spin and end up 10 meters away from the monster as it sits up a slope
>that piss-poor damage
great attack almost as disappointing as seeing how pathetic the new aerial attacks for IG are with their numbers being so fucking low compared to the ground combo
>>
>>184137639
freedom to molest children
>>
>>184137884
That's what every monster hunter game is
Except instead of dlc, they make you buy the entire game again at full price
>>
>>184138067
please god protect the poor fictional pixelated children
>>
>>184138067
>drawings of lolis molest children
>complaining at me for making a "silly rationalization", and then immediately turning around and hurling out the exact opposite extreme
wew
>>
File: 1480834742047.jpg (158KB, 1188x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1480834742047.jpg
158KB, 1188x1180px
HOLY SHIT, I still can't believe Monster Hunter is coming to PC, faggots. It's finally here!
>>
I haven't been back to mhg since a few days after world was announced. Are nintendobabs still throwing shitfits mutliple times a thread or have they called down by now
>>
File: fuck man.png (10KB, 381x351px) Image search: [Google]
fuck man.png
10KB, 381x351px
>>184095565
>Kinsect hits for 22 damage
>new jumping attacks hit for fucking 5
WHY DID THEY MAKE THEM SHIT?
FUCKING
TRAILER
BAIT
>>
>>184138787
Please go back to whichever shithole you came from, console war shit has no place here.
>>
>>184138908
>ground attacks also hit for 5, except the overhead smash that hits for 14
the golden age of kinsect is upon us
>>
>>184138908
At least the finisher when it lands on the ground does double digits but all of the jumping attacks were undeniably shit compared to the grounded combo and the kinsect
>>
>>184138601
Where have you been the last month?
>>
>>184139435
owning nintenfags on /v/.
>>
File: 1498776944820.jpg (60KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1498776944820.jpg
60KB, 540x540px
>>184138908
>>184139116
>yfw kinsect only becomes a viable style again
>>
>>184139541
it almost looked like the Kinsect was doing it's Brave Style Behavior when Anja had phermones on it. I hope Kinsect truly does become powerful if this is the case because mixing pheromones and your default moveset could be fun, possibly even save the shitty air moveset since the boosts could be used to land phermone on high places
>>
>>184138601
>finally here

I wish, theres still like half a year of waiting to go.
>>
>>184139886
Did you see how much mounting damage the weapon did? Looks like they want its purpose to be mountspamming. Guess they really screwed the pooch by accidentally making it a really good weapon in 4/4U when the frenchies were using it the intended way all along.
>>
File: 1500546008254.jpg (16KB, 272x213px) Image search: [Google]
1500546008254.jpg
16KB, 272x213px
Just want to say how happy I am by the SA changes.

>Reloading barely gives you any bar
>Sword attacks take a huge amount of bar

It was exactly the change it needed, and *both* modes will hopefully be useful now.
>>
>>184137870
>4U LS
>you literally cant stay in red gauge for more than a minute and a half
>SA has literally infinite DPS with the chop and sword combos
>>
>>184141696
I like the new meter design how it changes from an Axe to a sword. like it is trying to say
>Use this mode, jackass
>>
hi where the mhxx rooms
>>
>>184141771
And yet LS was still stronger than SA.
>infinite DPS
One is stamina-reliant, one consumes sword ammo, both have garbage DPS. SA is bottom of the barrel trash in 4U, you might as well be saying, "how is lance better than gunlance? all lance does is poke but gunlance can poke AND make big explosion go boom."
>>
>>184138908
>new stuff is shit compared to the old stuff
literally every single MH
>>
>>184138908
The jumping attacks were hitting a shitzone instead of a weakspot, of course they're not gonna do much damage.
Also mounting is gonna be crazy strong here, the DB mount finisher did over 150 damage despite hitting the top part of the tail which is a shitzone
>>
What is objectively the best monster design
>>
>>184143340
Tigrex because it is simple, intimidating, and actually uses everything in it's design
>>
>>184143340
Konchu
>>
>>184132870
90% sure i heard that from gaijin hunter
>>
File: KJLlf2c.jpg (75KB, 960x862px) Image search: [Google]
KJLlf2c.jpg
75KB, 960x862px
Why does it look so much better here than on Youtube
https://www twitch tv/videos/162625821
>>
>>184143340
Zenith Hyujikiki
>>
Killed 2 Gammoth, got 3 Pallium. Killed 1 Mizu, got 1 Pallium. What's with these retarded droprates? Is there anything rare left in XX?
>>
File: laughingseals.jpg (104KB, 1120x747px) Image search: [Google]
laughingseals.jpg
104KB, 1120x747px
>>184144484
challenge
original monster hunter aesthetics
>>
>>184144484
Have fun getting those mantles and ED gems.
>>
File: JE.png (464KB, 958x739px) Image search: [Google]
JE.png
464KB, 958x739px
>>184142885
>the new stuff is always shi-
>>
>>184144013
Are you not watching it in fullscreen? Looks the same on both to me but youtube's player is smaller.
>>
File: Image00034.jpg (537KB, 1736x1232px) Image search: [Google]
Image00034.jpg
537KB, 1736x1232px
Will be playing 3U later tonight if anyone wants to join. I'll post again close to start.
>>
>>184137991
You can actually hit the head while its high though
>>
>>184146209
tfw hr1
>>
>>184146681
tfw 3ds
>>
>>184146681
It's ok. The other faggot I'll be playing with is only HR3.
>>
>Been trying to get rath talons for like 3 hunts now
>Can't break the wings for the life of me
fucking hell
>>
>>184147268
Switch to axe
>>
>>184147268
You hitting around the head? Talon is right beside the head and I usually clip it as I smash rath's head in.
>>
Sup /mhg/, I'm trying to stop myself from playing dark souls, and MH is the only game that had made me stopped playing some games before.
The thing is, I've played 4U, X, and XX with most weapons before.
Is there any new/fresh build/meta that could make me interested in playing MH again?
>>
>>184149143
World
>>
>>184149424
>recommending a game that won't be out for like a year
s h i l l
>>
>>184149143
Get 3U and play that?
>>
>>184130527
It is. Pair it with Aerial Style for maximum ass cleaving. Get AuL too, although I think Sharpness+2 might also be worth taking a look at but then again maybe not since the jump from yellow to green isn't as significant as green to blue or blue to white, you also lose out on some of Bludgeoner's bonus damage.
>>
>>184130527
It's great in XX with Handicraft
>>
File: capcomlolololc7s2q[1].png (122KB, 1022x711px) Image search: [Google]
capcomlolololc7s2q[1].png
122KB, 1022x711px
>BUBUBUBUBUB World is only expected to sell 2-3 million!!!!
Shills BTFO
>>
>>184149143
Play F1 100% SnS
>>
>>184150669
What does it mean?
>>
>>184150937
10m sales between MvCI and World
>>
>>184150669
>MVCI
>others
>>
>>184150669
It's going to easily surpass it, Nintencuck. In case you haven't noticed, all these fantastic QoL changes like simplified armor skills, lowered attack/item use commitment, lower stamina usage, etc. have a much wider range of appeal. Face it already, your obtuse PS1-tier gameplay is dead and nobody wants it.
>>
>>184150669
>World is only expected to sell 2-3 million
Can you actually point to anyone saying this, or are you just assblasted because you heard it once from some random person
Because you're the only person talking about this, and you seem to think you're blowing someone out
>>
>>184151113
>>184151193
"Others" makes me think they have something big to announce at TGS for the holiday season
>>
>>184150669
Dodge v Ford Motor Co needs to be overturned.
>>
>brave hammer can shit fuckton of damage and ko in a short time
>the new hunting art is specifically tailored for brave because it activates EVERY attack
>can disregard evasion skills
>meme counter and dashes
>even the fucking brave sheathe attack has 70MV
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>184142885
i see you didnt play 4u
>>
>>184151193
Yep, major title like DMC5 will be announced at TGS and will be out before the FY
>>184151276
Not gonna spoon feed you but I definitely remember some faggots posting an old chart like this when people asked how much World is expected to sell
>>184151272
kek
>>
>>184151330
My dad works at Capcom, he said the only unannounced title they have in the works is a DMC pachinko mobage.
>>
>>184151606
IG is the only exception, CB was introduced in MH4 and it was shit in that game
>>
>>184151850
>it was shit in that game
what
>>
>>184151850
and then when it got new moves in 4u, it was OP.
>>
>>184151901
you know that 4 and 4u are different right cbfag

4 was just never localised
>>
>>184151901
Yes, CB was shit in MH4.
>>184151945
Because it got a 20% damage boost and better guarding, the new moves it got (shield thrust and ultra) were bad
>>
>>184152251
>shield thrust and ultra are bad
>in 4u
lmfao
>>
>>184150669
Also don't forget that the PC version of World won't be out during the FY
>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>184152251
The shield thrust is a big part of the reason it became good. It's not about the move itself, it's about how it comboes.
>>
File: 9101_1.jpg (238KB, 789x619px) Image search: [Google]
9101_1.jpg
238KB, 789x619px
In all but name, I am the most advanced weapon of all
>Dances in the sky with my Tonfas brother
>>
File: 1483553366751.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483553366751.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>GS buffed to retarded amounts
>IG slightly buffed
>everything else nerfed in exchange for shitty attacks that will never be useful

Hmmmm...
>>
>>184152776
>game will still be fun regardless

Hmmmm...
>>
>>184151113
That's dumb. Even if MvCI wasn't a piece of shit with all this negative attention on it it's still a niche fighting game.
>>
>>184152776
>damage values in a scripted demo reel that always lasts at least 20 minutes are final
>>
>>184152776
>muh balance
>muh tiers
The new moves look FUN and that's all that matters
>>
File: cullbro.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cullbro.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>184152501
oh gee, there he goes again. Let me handle this
>outdamages you
>>
Anybody want to farm azure G2 Rath in 4u? Please don't one hit
>>
>>184152776
>GS buffed to retarded amounts
where
>>
>>184152981
>wants to farm a fucking Rath
>doesn't want it done fast
>>
>>184152843
>>184152907
Games where one thing dominates everything else are generally not very fun
>>
>>184152776
>IG
>buffed
lol it was nerfed hard, have you not seen the most recent gameplay vid with damage numbers?
>>
>>184152924
Buff my airdashes, pipsqueak
>>
>>184153216
is this game competitive shit suddenly? just play what you fucking want you retard
>>
>>184153097
I don't want a hr999 killing it in half a minute no. I enjoy contributing
>>
>>184153216
only if you're a TAutist
>>
>>184152981
not really but I need something to do so make a hall
>>
>>184153238
Kinsect damage is buffed, ground MVs are about the same. Having shit aerial damage in exchange for even more mobility is not a nerf.
>>
>>184153389
41-1115-8077-8330
>>
>>184153431
>ground MVs are about the same
It was doing about the same damage per hit as DB, and an itty bitty fraction of that of GS. Difference is DB hits about four times in the time that IG hits once.
>>
>>184153238
IG wasn't really buffed, it looks like it just got nothing worthwhile. Even the mounting finisher isn't going to justify using when the opening alone to the grounded combo did 14 on body-hits while the aerial strikes were only doing 5 on body hits
>>
>>184153647
The 14 was with the overhead slams, which are very slow. The actual infinite was doing 5-8 per hit.
>>
File: opm.jpg (23KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
opm.jpg
23KB, 300x275px
That's right /v/ros, fuck everybody who thinks making every weapon should be viable. It's obviously better to have only one weapon with one strategy be actually good! Everything is being objectively inferior is obviously better because that's FUN, just like how my gf makes me watch when she sleeps with other men and tells me how much better they are! These stupid non-cuckold brainlets will never understand us.
>>
>>184154202
why are you so closeminded to the other weapons though
what's stopping you from just playing what you want instead of bitching constantly about what others are doing
worry about yourself you dumbass
>>
None of the new moves will be used.
All of the weapon changes in MHW are bad.
>>
>>184153623
So you mean just the same as always then?
>>
>>184151413
Is it gud in XX? The only thing I know about hammer is that people memed on it in 4U and Gen for being outclassed by other things. I gun and want a fun blademaster weapon to try out when I'm bored.
>>
>>184152776
SnS with in built aerial looks fun
>>
>>184154804
Its decent. But you should be looking at what weapon you enjoy more playing more than looking at invisible numbers.
>>
>>184154202
trying way too hard with the cuck meme there bucko
>>
>>184154993
Why are you forcing this "balance doesn't matter" shit so hard?
>>
Is there anything upcoming that will hold me over til World or am I stuck waiting for the imminent trainwreck that is Dauntless?
>>
>>184155585
because monsters die in 10 fucking minutes no matter what weapon youre using if youre good, unless youre exclusively fighting 140s with 100% optimal TA gear it doesnt make as much of a difference as you think it does
id rather not play exclusively GS just because it does the most damage or whatever
>>
>>184155820
>id rather not play exclusively GS just because it does the most damage
You're condemning unbalance while saying it doesn't matter?
>>
>>184155926
im not the same person as who you were arguing with
i just want to use the weapon i think is fun without autists screaming down my throat that it isnt the best one
>>
>>184155789
God of War series, it pretty much has exactly the same gamplay as World
>>
>>184156021
No one is complaining people use weak weapon, people complain about imbalance because some weapon are disproportionately weak, like Gunlance.
>>
>>184155789
XX on switch
>>
>>184156254
well yes but the original response implies that invisible numbers do matter more than having fun
i hate that GL and HH are shit because i love those weapons, thats the point. but im going to use them anyway regardless of what faggots think about them.
>>
File: nothin to see here.jpg (498KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
nothin to see here.jpg
498KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>184156367
Damage numbers make the playstyle, and don't tell me you actually like shelling only GL and combo GS.
>>
>>184156254
Why even bother responding to anti-balance "but muh FUN XD" idiots, when you know they have zero reading comprehension?
>>
>>184156495
no? im just talking about weapon choices. im still going to play the weapon optimally.
>>
>>184156598
Then why the fuck would you think weapon balance doesn't matter, literally only maximum ultrafaggots with clans don't do what you do.
>>
File: 1499812456964.png (551KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499812456964.png
551KB, 1024x1024px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so8auTG_oEM
>>
>>184156714
that was never my fucking point. i am literally, literally only talking about weapon selection. i want the game to be balanced. im talking about shit like the niggers in this thread who are like "lol if you play switchaxe im blacklisting you" as if theyre even good enough to put all that TA autism to use anyway.
>>
>>184156475
Chameleos?
>>
>>184156897
You're complaining about the thread, they're all /v/tards that don't play the game and shitpost that FU is better than 4U, how new are you? No one does that.
>>
>>184115095
>the core playerbase
>the only alive MH game
>"backburner shit"

lmao
>>
>>184156897
Okay, but most of this thread seems to think that any gap in weapon strength is fine as long as you can still clear a quest within the time limit.
>>
>>184157347
Which is completely true.
Do you only play games on easy mode so you can beat them as fast as possible too?
>>
>>184156897
it's banter, nobody got kicked for playing a not best weapon
unless for some reason you play with the discord
>>
File: Animal_Planet_original.png (154KB, 741x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Animal_Planet_original.png
154KB, 741x1000px
Is this the most kino anime to ever grace MonHun?
>>
File: NI CE.gif (817KB, 326x300px) Image search: [Google]
NI CE.gif
817KB, 326x300px
>2 ko's on average
>still take forever to kill high level monsters
is this the power of the hunting horn?
>>
>>184156352
Regret buying it once, not gonna do it again.
>>184156086
I was actually being genuine.
>>
>>184157758
I really hope the
>"Of course Hunting Horn is a support weapon."
>clip of HH user mounted bashing the fuck out of a monsters face
>[cue laughter from crowd]
means they've upped its damage
it interests me as a weapon and it looks fun but I don't want my solo hunts to take forever so I've never bothered with it
>>
File: 1497334212872 (1).jpg (151KB, 822x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497334212872 (1).jpg
151KB, 822x1024px
>>184157692
>tfw you start a sick meme trolling the realismfags

feels good
>>
File: 55041002_p0.jpg (1MB, 1500x2250px) Image search: [Google]
55041002_p0.jpg
1MB, 1500x2250px
>>184157758
Opposite for me. Struggle to get KO's but my clear times are alright.

Still in the 10-15 minute range.
>>
>>184158096
its being advertised as a support weapon anon. its time to let it go.
>>
File: 1482630153079.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1482630153079.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>184155789
Have you played Dragon's Dogma? IIRC World is using the same engine so it might give you a slight judge of how MHW will 'feel' to play. The game is rough around the edges but still an absolute blast to play.
>>
File: Hanako 72.png (236KB, 415x401px) Image search: [Google]
Hanako 72.png
236KB, 415x401px
>>184158097
except i started that meme?
>>
>>184158361
I'm onto you
>>
File: 1499493075996.jpg (72KB, 291x302px) Image search: [Google]
1499493075996.jpg
72KB, 291x302px
>>184158763
*grabs u*

back the fuck off??!
>>
>>184097868
>who gives a shit what the consumer thinks it needs

Yeah, who cares about balance or having fun anyways? Being effective has nothing to do with fun at all, especially in a performance and results-based game like MH.
>>
>>184158912
wow youre the only one who consumes MH? shit man I didnt know you were me
>>
>>184158361
fucking skeletons stalking me at night, and now besmirching my favorite weapon on /mhg/.
>>
>>184158912
Die balancefag, weapons being nerfed is fun because I say so!
>>
>>184158989
This is literally one person posting in a thread by themselves, me. I can't fool yourself, got that?
>>
shit game
>>
File: CB SlidingSlash.webm (658KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CB SlidingSlash.webm
658KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>184158912
>performance and results-based game like MH.

how so? this game doesnt rate you. it doesnt give you a time limit that actually pressures you. theres no global TA leaderboard built-in. to most players, its just "hit monster till it dies"
>>
File: CB BackSlash.webm (509KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CB BackSlash.webm
509KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>184159968
I don't see the point in this when CB has the ideology Lance/GL have in that is it a weapon that will always remain super close to the monster even when defensive. Or at the very least this style of attack should have been on Axe mode instead of sword mode
>>
>>184160584
defense options are in sword/shield mode, why is that so crazy to think about
>>
>>184160584
thats a philosophy they discarded on all weapons. you could never do a simple dodge roll backwards
>>
>>184159849
It gives you a lot of room, but when you get to high-level play, you need to be effective. You need good armor with good skills and a weapon that can put out sufficient damage. If you don't have those things then you're going to have a very rough time. It is sometimes too apparent when your equipment isn't up to snuff.

This discourages people from using weapons they feel are weaker, since not everyone is good enough to play what they like without being hampered by it.

Not everyone is great at this game, right? There are people who just suck, or maybe they're too casual, but picking a weapon you like and finding out that other weapons are just plain better isn't what I would call fun.
>>
>>184160707
I guess that is a fair argument since rolling backwards is a new input in MHW
>>
File: SA double uppercut.webm (525KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SA double uppercut.webm
525KB, 1280x720px
Now they just have to add in a spinslash afterwards!
>>
>can finally roll backwards now
>don't have to hopcancel all your recovery frames
Is MH finally a videogame for this century?
>>
I fucking hate the raths so much god I hate those faggots I can't stand them anymore
>>
File: chinese star dragons.png (69KB, 173x155px) Image search: [Google]
chinese star dragons.png
69KB, 173x155px
>>184160976
It took mainline long enough to pick up on backward dodging
>>
>>184161180
bow em
>>
>>184159968
That's such a huge fucking evade distance holy shit.
>>
About time they implement some transitory motions.
>>
>>184161438
Don't forget that the monster pulls back as he does it so it looks farther than it is.
>>
File: MH4-Rathalos_Render_001.png (259KB, 1161x927px) Image search: [Google]
MH4-Rathalos_Render_001.png
259KB, 1161x927px
>>184161315
*teleports instantly towards you from all the way across the map and one-shots you with poison talon*
>>
>>184161315
I wish I could but there is no fucking way I'm using a ranged weapon on an o3ds. I'm gonna have a field day in world, it's going to be a fucking genocide.
>>
File: 38624681.jpg (84KB, 524x526px) Image search: [Google]
38624681.jpg
84KB, 524x526px
>>184161438
Imagine the distance with Evade Extender.
>>
>>184161695
>actually being able use the right weapon for the job
World is gonna be awesome
>>
>>184161649
No it doesn't you fucking shill. Look at Jagra's right paw, it's a lateral movement.
>>
>>184161525
doesnt look that different to me
>>
File: 63709_orig.jpg (224KB, 1600x1167px) Image search: [Google]
63709_orig.jpg
224KB, 1600x1167px
>>184161669
>snorts at you
>>
File: aqua.png (98KB, 273x350px) Image search: [Google]
aqua.png
98KB, 273x350px
>World's audience actually and unironically struggles with raths
>>
>>184161768
That may be with evade extender. It's hard to tell how many skills a lot of these weapon videos have.
>>
>>184161669
bitch fuker still does it in MHXX shit pissed me off
>>
File: 1448353257368.jpg (19KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1448353257368.jpg
19KB, 300x450px
>>184159968
>>184161438
>absolute evasion now happens in reverse
>>
File: 1500599579613.png (182KB, 528x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500599579613.png
182KB, 528x400px
Calling it now, if moves can flow into eachother without the need for sidehop chains, you can bet shitposters are going to come out of the woodwork to talk shit "muh input leniency" or other some shit.
>>
File: SA New Combo.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SA New Combo.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 1493146404776.jpg (3KB, 125x126px) Image search: [Google]
1493146404776.jpg
3KB, 125x126px
>that super turbo powered arrow shit
muh
>>
>>184162225
Literally something you'd see in Frontier or Online
SAY IT WITH ME BROS
>IT'S ONLY OK IF WORLD DOES ANIME
>>
>>184162225
That thrust into mount looks so sudden and jank.
>>
>>184162297
It's never okay.
>>
>>184162297
fuck off, /v/
>>
>>184161919
You can literally see its right paw pull back.
>>
>>184162297
no you wouldn't, because they don't have mounting
>>
File: astalos being a little bitch.jpg (33KB, 391x315px) Image search: [Google]
astalos being a little bitch.jpg
33KB, 391x315px
>>184162297
ANIME IS ALWAYS FINE IF ITS MAINLINE AAAAAAAAAHHHH
>>
>>184162297
>imagining an argument no one made and then responding to that argument
>>
>>184162442
Pull back by not much. It's moving more to the side than it is back, shill.
>>
>>184162225
>pointing sword at monster
>suddenly you're climbing it
what
>>
>>184162557
Its totally recoiling backward from face hits, r u retarded m8
>>
File: ruki.jpg (143KB, 972x894px) Image search: [Google]
ruki.jpg
143KB, 972x894px
>>184162674
It's magnetic phial energy
>>
>>184162712
It's recoiling to start an attack animation. Atleast watch your own videos before you shill them, faggot
>>
>>184162412
the clip was edited and just shitly pasted together im sure thats why it looks so janky. normally the is some kinda wind up animation after mounting before an attack like that.
>>
>>184162880
I guess a shill would know. Care to post the full clip? we won't tell anyone
>>
>>184162880
I can see that it was edited and that's why it cuts to the discharge, but I'm talking about the sudden momentum gained when he thrust the weapon in order to start the mount.
>>
>>184163029
Stop being so paranoid, Capcom would never pay anybody to post here. It costs like 10 cents for 100 posts, do you honestly think they have room in their budget for that after all this improved graphical fidelity, immersion, gameplay fluidity and general QoL changes?
>>
File: Cb5VUCmUkAEYMvi.jpg large.jpg (178KB, 1047x1129px) Image search: [Google]
Cb5VUCmUkAEYMvi.jpg large.jpg
178KB, 1047x1129px
>GL gets crag shells but still no heat blade
>>
>>184162880
>>184163029
>>184163361
>pay people to shill on 4chan
>no one has any information
>no one can even properly identify whats even going on
yeah seems legit
>>
>>184163361
dam u rite...
>>
File: 1405408584556.gif (55KB, 366x472px) Image search: [Google]
1405408584556.gif
55KB, 366x472px
>>184163361
>Stop being so paranoid, Capcom would never pay anybody to post here.

Meanwhile they bought me 3 top shelf drinks at an event which I'm convinced was especially meant to buy them some social media attention. Not complaining at all of course.
>>
>>184163691
Care to go into details?
>>
>>184163691
>they bought me drinks
>probably for attention
fucking internet detective right here
>>
File: mhgen_tour.jpg (189KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
mhgen_tour.jpg
189KB, 600x440px
>>184163776
One of the requirements to complete the "quests" given included posting to social media that you were at the event. Like I'm saying though, gg Capcom not even mad. It may take 10 more years for MH to become a household name, but dammit they're trying.
>>
>>184154513
No, previously IG's MVs were around five times those of DB.

>>184158583
Mainline has been on MT framework (capcom's proprietary engine, which DD was built in) for a long time now.

>>184162880
>>184163160
Adding to this, the SA gameplay from earlier had him teleport to the monster's head from its side, like the head was a pellet magnet but for reload swords.
>>
>>184164118
lol, sad!
>>
File: SA.jpg (192KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SA.jpg
192KB, 1280x720px
>>184162225
this is the third slash he does
rising jumpy one
the axe bottom part is pulling back, like when you go into a discharge
what could it mean
>>
>>184164250
certain moves allow you to temporarily mount the monsters but theres some incredible delay on them hence teleporting. Doesn't look good at all suffice to say.
>>
File: 1486885722658.png (79KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1486885722658.png
79KB, 220x220px
>Sony raising the prices of PSN
>MHW is PS4 exclusive in Japan
>>
>>184164525
>consolefags are dumb and will continue to pay for the rising price of online
What else is new?
>>
>>184164525
*at a later date
>>
>>184164525
woah woah what? source on the price raise?
>>
>>184164694
https://www.engadget.com/2017/07/28/playstation-plus-price-europe/
>>
File: 44924078_p70.jpg (195KB, 909x585px) Image search: [Google]
44924078_p70.jpg
195KB, 909x585px
>>184164465
Suction Phial discharge
Push phial in to make shit explode.
>>
>>184164840
>EU
Damn that sucks but thankfully I don't have pay yet. Man I hate this.
>>
>>184164465
looks like the frontier mid combo charge attack stance from heaven style
maybe you can optionally do a charged upswing here?
>>
>>184165001
the more people talk about frontier SA the more radical it sounds
>>
>>184165184
have at it if you like paying to play MH
>>
Starting a MH3U lobby, in help A, lobby 9, pw is "rage". Come join!
>>
>>184165657
Can I come over with my 3DS?
>>
>>184165915
Not possible, sorry
>>
Why do people hate gen 1 mons?
More importantly, why do people lump gen 2 mons in together with them and call them chickens when gen 2 has way more variety in monster design? Is it just tribabies?
>>
>>184162827
how much money do you think capcom is paying people to not hate every second of monster hunter world footage as you do, oh redpilled soldier
>>
>>184166048
chickens are gen1, ignore the retards
>>
>>184166048
Because Gen 1 monsters are outdated pieces of shit that only nostalgia tripping retards could enjoy fighting
>>
>>184166048
Not Animal Planet enough for tribabs
>>
>>184166048
name a good gen 1 mon that isnt an elder dragon
>>
>>184166656
Kelbi
>>
>>184166656
Rathian
Yian Kut-Ku
>>
>>184166656
gen1 elders weren't good either
>>
>>184166849
i like fatalis
>>
>>184166924
grandpa, stop using the computer
>>
>>184166924
You've got shit taste and your opinion is irrelevant.
>>
>>184167056
You're gettting beamed elsewhere, youngster.
>>
File: large_lol-smiley-face[1].jpg (133KB, 770x770px) Image search: [Google]
large_lol-smiley-face[1].jpg
133KB, 770x770px
>>184167104
lol
>>
>>184166656
Rathian, Kut-Ku,Basarios, Gravios (Black Gravios is the one everyone hates)
>>
>>184167406
Fucking chickens, and not even the best versions
>>
>>184167406
All awful.
>>
Is someone even playing the game?
>>
>>184168950
im playin 4u rite now boi

Vangis is a fucking amazing armor set, just finished it. I feel like ill get too used to
speedEating+1 though
>>
>>184168950
chilling in 4U with randoes
>>
>>184168950
I'm playing XX with nips right now.
>>
>>184169397
make a mhg room nigga
>>
>>184168950
I'm playing Gen right now.

I guess I should move to XX soon. Will I be able to find people online as easily? Nips don't just kick every foreigner they see, do they? Deviants aren't fun to farm solo.
>>
>>184169428
I'm about to break for lunch.
I would otherwise.

If you're still around after then I'll hunt with you.
>>
File: 2017-07-29-0903-23.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-29-0903-23.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>184165184
>fade slashes
>charge attacks
>unsheathed dashing faster than other weapons but cant turn well during it
>axe MVs actually good and heaven style forces at least a little bit of axe mode use
>power phial isn't the best phial and even status/stun phial can be considered over it
>stun phial can KO monsters
its pretty radical

>>184168950
catching up on conquests, currently shantien.
>>
>>184169772
>Charge attacks
I'm flaccid
>>
>>184169772
Frontier is THE game with the worse animations I've ever seen.
>>
>>184169923
well, they're only required in heaven style.
storm style is basic attacks+guard points, extreme style combines heaven and storm, but the charge attacks are optional since it gets the basic attack stuff from storm style
>>
>>184169772
The fuck is that flying abyssal mizutsune.
>>
Is the pizza cutter art for CB good?
>>
>>184170281
It's more like a fire Amatsu with a bunch of awful looking affects on it.
>>
>>184169772
my fucking eyes
>>
File: 58819019_p17.jpg (287KB, 1345x2047px) Image search: [Google]
58819019_p17.jpg
287KB, 1345x2047px
>>184170281
It's a boy(female)
>>
>people would rather shitpost then play comfy 3U
>>
>>184162521
I want to be the one raping that beta astalos so bad.
>>
File: 667.jpg (271KB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
667.jpg
271KB, 720x1000px
>>184170356
Yes.
You can use it to get your red shield up quickly, extend the time of your shield, or just hold onto those phials for your axe mode.

I like using the chainsaw to set up an Energy Blade right after myself. Or get my phials back after an Energy Blade.
>>
>>184170051
which is funny, the animations are fine as long as its ones stolen from mainline, but original moves, like the unsheathed dashes, look wonky as fuck on some weapons
>>
File: 152283684.png (747KB, 902x852px) Image search: [Google]
152283684.png
747KB, 902x852px
>>184170528
water is NOT comfy.
>>
I've never used anything but blademaster weapons, but I was thinking about maybe going bow this time around, as we have

A) dual analog controls
and
B) No fucking piece of shit nub

So, I figured I'd do a fresh runthrough of a game I haven't played yet, namely MHFU on PPSSPP. I tried out the bow. Is this just an early game issue with the bow, or does it do fuck all for damage? I'm talking like 10 uncharged shots or 5 charged shots to kill a popo. considering how long it takes to fire, I could kill a popo in probably 4 quick hits from a hammer. Am I looking at this the wrong way, or what?
>>
>>184170381
to be fair, the awful effects are there because it just swam in a volcano, it's a super heat aura. like teostra.
>>
File: 59799091_p0.png (838KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
59799091_p0.png
838KB, 800x1132px
>>184170528
Dinosaur Planet is never comfy, of course people would rather shitpost instead.
>>
>>184171406
bow is garbage in FU
>>
>>184171994
did Zun draw this
>>
from what level do GQ have the max level drops possible?
>>
>>184172687
>>
>>184170528
too busy having a personal crisis or I'd come, sorry mate
>>
>>184120204
Did they change Demon Dance into Scarlet Kisses?
>>
>>184170526
I love this boy
>>
File: mhf_20161007_100420_305.jpg (840KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mhf_20161007_100420_305.jpg
840KB, 1920x1080px
>>184170526
Shantien just wants people to get off his lawn.
His lawn being the sky.
>>
>>184167406
>Gravios (Black Gravios is the one everyone hates)
what? Black at least has the courtesy to die faster to gun cheese strats. What reason would anyone have to prefer normal gravios?
>>
File: a big wet adlut kiss.png (692KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
a big wet adlut kiss.png
692KB, 800x1132px
>>184172292
I edited it anon. i hope you like this one more.
>>
>>184174518
Less farts, less beams, no beam walk with farts
>>
>>184171406
Bow literally has worse TA times than HH in FU lol. Just be a man and play gun. LBG is good enough to be fun in FU and FU HBG is godlike.
>>
>>184174610
>less openings to spam water shot on the chest

again, how is this a good thing?
>>
File: 002.jpg (2MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
2MB, 1600x1600px
>>184165184
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDT9tzR4POI

Quick rundown
>>
>>184174895
Because it's more fun for Blademasters, because it's the exact same for gunners.
>>
>>184174984
>Blademaster against gravios

Why? Do you by any chance enjoy eating shit?
>>
>>184123389
>no double backhop
pls fix
>>
>>184175120
And this is why Gravios is good and Black Gravios isn't.
>>
File: doot doot.png (2MB, 1225x882px) Image search: [Google]
doot doot.png
2MB, 1225x882px
>>184174551
I want Milsy to SUCC me with her little fang!
>>
>>184174926
>Extreme SAF
>Mashed together of Heaven and Storm styles
>Added ability to rapidly switch between modes between swinging

It's really terrible I have no parry timing sense.
>>
>>184174926
>the promo art SA looks great but is special ticket trash
a crime really
>>
Are there other games with similar combat to MH series?

I tried DarkSouls and Dragon's dogma, they don't feel the same but I enjoyed them anyways.

GodEater a shit tho.
>>
>>184176073
No, that's why we're so pissed at X/XX/World.
>>
>>184176073
Soul Sacrifice has some nice reviews, some people suggest toukiden too
>>
>>184176073
DMC
>>
>>184176123
guild style is available in x/xx i dont get it
>>
>>184176201
lmao no, but DMC series are fucking good.

>>184176195
>vita
Fuck
>>
>>184176487
I just dont want people to think MonHun and Dark Souls are all that exist in the action game genre.
>>
>>184176073
Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma are about as close as you'll get. Dauntless is coming down the pipe and is literally a MH clone, and a more faithful one than the plethora you can already play, but it looks really shitty also.
>>
>>184176073
Dante's Inferno
>>
>>184176473
And you can play Bayonetta without Witch Time or guns, what's your point?
>>
File: ffxv j3.webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv j3.webm
3MB, 600x336px
>>184176073
FFXV
>>
>>184176616
>guild style is the same as gimping yourself

you're fucking bad
>>
>>184176473
Tough shit for me, my favourite weapon is lance which simultaneously got screwed over and given a huge MV buff making it the #1 weapon in X so every shitter says "haha what r u complaining about its strong now xDDDD" if I bring up its issues, despite the fact that the playstyle that makes it the #1 weapon is literally chargethrusting over and over without any skill or attention and is totally unusable online.
>>
>>184176591
>dauntless
will be born dead unless releases like RIGHT FUCKING NOW so people get in before MHW comes to rape its ugly SJW face.
>>
>>184176886
not like lance took any skill or a attention before charge spam became king
>>
File: 1493716620672.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1493716620672.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>184176073
>>
>>184177012
>250 more posts starting with "not like [thing]"
>>
>>184177012
You seem to have lance confused with greatsword.
>>
>>184177040
w h e n
>>
File: 1451909666307.png (64KB, 331x320px) Image search: [Google]
1451909666307.png
64KB, 331x320px
>>184177009
>Someone links me a Dauntless review
>Keep going on and on about how it doesn't feel like a MMO but an action game, which is somehow surprising
>Everything is likened to Dark Souls
>>
Hey MHXX bros, what skills should I pass on to my cats, aside from Pierce/Big Boomerang and Emergency escape.

How effective is the Anti-monster bombs and AMB+ ,Claw dance, and the special attacks?What's the MVs for these sort of skills?
>>
File: 1477443775738.gif (240KB, 306x316px) Image search: [Google]
1477443775738.gif
240KB, 306x316px
>in progress 0:32
>>
>>184177291
I know that review youre talking about. I want to make you aware that normies literally don't know that difficult action games existed before dark souls. And when I say difficult I mean requiring more than the bare minimum of cognition to complete.
>>
>>184177040
What is piece of shit?
>>
>>184173927
What went wrong?
>>
>>184177291
>normies who don't know about MH go gaga for Dauntless' "unique" gameplay
>it becomes a hit
>many months later MHW releases
>"oh look, a Dauntless clone"
Are you guys ready?
>>
File: 55492601_p6.png (1MB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
55492601_p6.png
1MB, 2480x3507px
>>184177339
If you're not playing the cats then just give them things you'll find useful. Like traps, various bombs, etc.

The claw dance seems pretty alright from what I've seen on my cats. It staggers pretty often if they connect.
Excavator also does some okay staggers, but is susceptible to fuck you up with the bombs.
>>
>>184177601
Pusi Hunter XXX
>>
>>184177291
Capcom's own stupidity to not have put MH on consoles earlier.
>>
>>184177785
Im more expecting people to compare MHW to Dark souls. Literally any game with swords and monsters in dark souls now.
>>
>>184177931
>BoTW is a Dark Souls clone
I've legit heard people say that
>>
File: Sadcat.jpg (41KB, 506x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sadcat.jpg
41KB, 506x960px
>>184177931
>That one article that listed Dragon's Dogma as the "Dark Souls of Action RPGs"
>>
>fighting Akantor with brother
>does its beam attack
>try to hit the side of its face with my hammer
>hitbox is fuckhuge
What gen is this from?
>>
>>184178125
>Dark Souls of Action RPGs
I now know how it feels to drink tea through my nose.
>>
>>184178126
tri
3rd gen
>>
Are there any XX hubs up? Or is there a full one?
I really wish you had the option of seeing full hubs if you wanted.
>>
>>184178125
THEN WHAT DOES THAT MAKE DARK SOULS
>>
>>184176073
>Toukiden
Was originally intended as the Vita's substitute for MH, very Japanese-y setting. Large oni often do spend a lot of time with idle thumbs but may make sudden moves when they're not. Second game has a incredibly barebones implementation of open world to set it apart, the PC port of it is probably one of Koei Tecmo's better efforts and the only version with 60 FPS. PS4 version has a demo that goes through the first act and some limited online play. Might as well skip the first game because there's a SHITLOAD of filler slowing down village play, holy fuck.

>Soul Sacrifice Delta
You equip up to six spells and go killing bosses in an arena-sized map. Has some nice storytelling, lore, and monster designs backing it up. Unfortunately a Vita exclusive, who knows if we'll get a PS4 port.

>Dauntless
Will probably be the closest clone to MH we'll get, but will probably end up being shit.
>>
>>184178312
The Dark Souls of Demon Souls
>>
>>184178312
Hack n slash
>>
>>184133125
Here come the registered sex offenders.
>>
>>184178312
Curb your autism. Dark Souls was at the right place and at the right time and at the right gameplay formula that it is now the de facto example for such action games.
>>
>>184178645
>>>/dsg/
>>
>>184178312
3D Platformer
>>
>>184138321
>being attracted to images of children
Nah it's more like you're a sick dog that should be put down.
>>
can't find any Brave LBG time attacker
>>
>>184177857
I got two decent cats for help, one healer cat and one assist cat.

These are for playing. I have my guard cat with Emergency Escape, Pierce/Big, herb horn, Health Horn, and Vase of Vitality with Guard L, counter boost, and Earplugs
One move and one skill left that I can teach them.

No idea what setups I want my two fighter cats, my bomb cat, my beast cat (my most used prowler), and the assist cat from above to have. *shrugs* Are there any lists or data for the cats?
>>
>>184178312
Making people feel special for playing a """""hard""""" game.
>>
>>184179227
>he says this in a MH general
Look up the definition of irony kids.
>>
>>184179583
I don't feel special for playing MH and doesn't even is hard.
>>
>>184179227
You realize you post in a general where people pretend one of the most popular game played by casuals in Japan is extremely hard right?
>>
>>184170813
>nipples so hard they show through dragon scales

Wut.
>>
>>184176696
>not taking advantage of powerful tools the game gives you to kill things isnt gimping yourself
>>
>>184179807
Those are pockets built into the armor.
Can't have chaffing nipples while hunting.
>>
File: 1498966045334.jpg (14KB, 114x114px) Image search: [Google]
1498966045334.jpg
14KB, 114x114px
>>184179824
i sure hope you didnt dare play anything besides kelbi bow in 3u.

gotta take advantage of those powerful tools!
>>
File: proofs.png (5KB, 276x270px) Image search: [Google]
proofs.png
5KB, 276x270px
>>184179583
>>184179782
Only illiterate eurotrash think MH is difficult. Fuck off back to your containment thread, soulscancer.
>>
>>184179953
>exploits are the same as optimal play
I can feel them. My almonds. They are activating.
>>
>>184180003
>Only illiterate eurotrash think MH is difficult.

Retarded Amerifat. Lose some weight fatfuck.
>>
>>184180003
let's see those 4U rusty/140/invasion yama solo
>>
>>184180068
your goddamn right adept is a exploit. there wasnt a single ounce of thought that went into that broken mess called "styles" and "hunter arts"
>>
>>184179824
I sure hope you didn't think of playing anything besides GS in mainline!
>>
>>184179953
But real bows were more powerful?
>>
>>184179583
>>184179782
>>184180003
Lets see your:

>Raging Brachydios, Molten Tigrex SOLO
>140 GQ SOLO
>Apex Zinogre, Deviljho or Diablos SOLO
>FU "Land of tremors" SOLO
>"Monster Hunter" SOLO From any game but X/Gen/XX
>"The Master's Test" 4U SOLO
>Supremacy Unknown, Dora, Teostra or PariaPuria Adrenaline SOLO
>Conquest Monster LV200+ SOLO
>HC Guanzorumu SOLO
>G rank exotic species SOLO
>G rank Origin Species SOLO
>G rank Hardcore Lunastra
>G rank Hardcore Elder dragon SOLO
>Shiten Disufiroa (ANY KILL)
>Shiten Unknown (ANY KILL)
>Duremudira (ANY KILL)
>Musou variants (ANY KILL)
>>
Is the MHGen Kinsect guide from wifehunter enough to make a good bug? I want to try IG for a while but the bug is 2slow
>>
im using the easy psn switcher and it wont let my download anythign in the new account?
keeps giving me a E-80558325EVERY TIME I TRY AND DOWNLOAD OR LINK THE SYTEM?
>>
>>184180185
ok i can give you that one, but still, using guild styles and no hunter arts "if you dont want the game to be easy" is a fucking joke straight from the retarded maw of reddit.com. game's still too fuckin easy, and you shouldnt have to play unoptimally to make it challenging.
>>
>>184180342
Do people actually think soloing Molten Tigrex is hard? That fight is a goddamn joke with CB.
>>
>>184180472
proofs?
>>
>>184179807
>dragon
Wyvern
>>
>>184180472
>a monster that constantly charges at you is easy with charge blade
Who would have thunk it.
>>
File: 1438197711089.jpg (63KB, 577x761px) Image search: [Google]
1438197711089.jpg
63KB, 577x761px
>>184180342
>I can fill out 12 of those things
Yay!
>>
>>184180405
>games still too easy

what elements make the game "still too easy" once you take out the anime dodges?

i guess if you slap on evasion +2. but in that regard its harder, it goes up to evasion +3 in previous games
>>
>>184180472
Why don't you show us, anon?
>>
>>184180552
>>184180720
What am I supposed to show exactly? I don't know how to record a video with my 3DS. Do you want me to just take a picture of my time?
>>
>999999999z
>Nothing to spend it in.

Make it so you can GOLD your weapon for 999999999z or something
>>
>>184180646
hunts in gen are way shorter, not sure if its because of damage or monster HP, but a shorter hunt = less mistakes. monsters also do less damage than they should (4u high rank was much harder) and the optimal armor skill set overpowers you if youre even moderately good because hitting a weak point makes you do 40% more damage than normal.
>>
>>184180840
>optimal armor skill set overpowers you

hows is this unique to gen/x/xx?

i honestly think the monkey clownsuit in 4u was just as strong, if not better
>>
>>184181038
>S+1 + AuL + C+2 = 40% damage
Delete your post.
>>
>>184181038
what? monkey clownsuit gives you like 40 more raw. critical up can give you an effective power boost of over a hundred raw. this is even crazier in XX, i did some math once and some weapons reach 800~ effective raw if optimized.
>>
>>184180840
>hitting weakspot rewards you with higher damage
Really makes my pussy drip
>>
>>184178102
I've heard that one a lot. It's because it's a Dragon's Dogma clone but the only other ARPG they've played is Dark Souls so it seems like [insert ARPG here] and Dark Souls are way more similar than [the same ARPG] and any other given game, including, in the case of botw, past zelda titles. In other words I don't think it's quite as bad as "haha there's swords and monsters and isn't literally press X to win, it's just like Dark Souls!" but more just that Dark Souls is the most popular ARPG with a stamina bar, dodge roll, parries and basic but robust weapon combos, so necessarily it's the only frame of reference a lot of people have. The funny thing to me is that Ocarina of Time's combat is actually more like Dark Souls than Breath of the Wild's is.
>>
>>184181104
>>184181241
maybe but also keep in mind how easy it was to triplock monsters in 4u with the meme set

the meme set in gen/x/xx is strong, but the monsters were buffed in terms of "not getting bullied easily"
>>
>>184181267
>40% more damage than if you had hit the same weak spot with the same weapon without crit boost
really makes you look like a dumbass
>>
>>184180840
>hunts in gen are shorter!! Wahhhh
>hypers have too much health!! Wahhhh
Wahey!
>>
>>184181463
>>hypers have too much health
find the part where i said this you dumb nigger. hint, you cant, because i fucking didnt.
>>
>>184181373
>It's OK to compare two different MH games when looking at damage.
dam bro, FU confirmed most casual since you can spam flashbombs and stunlock
>>
>>184181641
S E E T H I C C
>>
>>184181373
>1.25 to 1.40 increase is 40%
Shills really need to learn math
>>
>>184180815
just a picture of the quest completion ,you standing over the body. easy.
>>
>>184181939
other monhun games didnt have a crit meta, anon
>>
File: 62253578_p10.jpg (352KB, 899x1019px) Image search: [Google]
62253578_p10.jpg
352KB, 899x1019px
>>184181650
Not really
>>
>>184180815
Fuck off Whelton you attentionwhore
>>
>>184181939
>having 100% affinity in a monster hunter game that isnt X/XX
ichinose buttslurpers really need to learn critical thinking skills
>>
>>184182085
Read his original post
>same weapon without crit boost
>>
>x/xx is so ez, mh4 is waaay harder dooods
>meanwhile
>obliterating the paper ankles and glass skulls of mh4's roster with a glowing baguette

really gets the noggin' joggin
>>
give me the best jap speedrunners' channel name
I'm grabbing my popcorn
>>
>>184182648
Gaijin Hunter
>>
>>184182729
>wife striker
>>
>>184182648
Mai LBG/HBG has some nice ones, most recent is naked alatreon
>>
File: rotate think emoji.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
rotate think emoji.gif
613KB, 498x498px
Serious question: is it coming to Switch? I haven't heard anything and since so Wii U and 3DS had a bunch...
>>
>>184183592
Never ever
>>
>>184183592
It's coming to the Vita since PSP had a bunch....
>>
>>184183592
It's gonna be another P3rd kind of situation
>>
>>184183737
Thanks for the condescending reply. I see no obvious reason why it wouldn't.

>>184183658
:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
>>
>>184182576
Fucking this. I couldn't believe how easily the faggots fell over in The Master's Test.
>>
>>184183592
not even frontier is coming to switch.
MH on nintendo hardware is over.
>>
File: 1499591920752.png (129KB, 741x594px) Image search: [Google]
1499591920752.png
129KB, 741x594px
>>184184256
made even easier since Steve's ankles are literally his weak point

triplock and big damage all on one hitzone
>>
Thanks for the hunts bros.
Fuck farming mantis tho
>>
File: 1500129356414.jpg (214KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1500129356414.jpg
214KB, 900x1200px
What's his name again?
>>
>>184184538
Mantis is a super easy fight, it can be cheesed.
>>
>>184184648
Gaijin Adam
>>
>>184180342
Remove Raging Brachydios,Molten Tigrex, and Master's Test. Those are a joke even for a 4U babby like me.
>>
>>184184683
its boring as fuck
>>
I like how most weapons get their own roll/sidestep animations. HBG forward roll is unique, GS/Hammer/SA backwards roll is unique, DB backwards roll is unique and forward roll is unique, Lance has a longer backhop that has new animation. Bow now only sidesteps
>>
File: 1497411113758.png (199KB, 631x348px) Image search: [Google]
1497411113758.png
199KB, 631x348px
>>184184648
Look it up, you're on the internet...
>>
>>
File: 1438406128491.jpg (1MB, 2300x2784px) Image search: [Google]
1438406128491.jpg
1MB, 2300x2784px
>fighting furious Rajang
>limping and about to die
>gunner shoots their slicing shots at it right as the beam is about to come out
>delayed hits kill the rajang, but gunner dies to the beam
>3/3 quest failed

I've never seen someone cart and fail the quest during the death animation before. Then again they were french.
>>
>>184185149
No you're boring as fuck.
>>
>>184186305
i don't think that's possible? If the monster is in the death animation the "Monster has been defeated" already pop out.
Here Team memeside proof it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_1aCGVRj3M
>>
>>184186862
It's Slicing S, the monster died after the kill.
>>
Does XX have /mhg/ hubs up at all times or is it as dead as Gen?
>>
>>184186942
I don't know Shots, stopped my Gunning adventure at Freedom.
Did Slicing S does damage after the hit or something?
>>
>>184186862
>>184187632
Gunner got hit with the beam before the slicing shots went off.
The quest failed came up first and then the monster died right afterwards when the shots went off.
The whole exchange happened in about a second.
>>
>>184187632
Slicing S is delayed like Artillery shots.
>>
>>184187576
just make a room and post it, there's always enough people lurking.
>>
>>184187576
There's certainly not one always up, but there's a hub around regularly.
The thing is, no one wants to wait in a room all day in hopes that someone from here shows.

If you post in the thread that you're making a hub or ask if anyone wants to hunt chances are you'll get someone.
People are lurking more often than not.
>>
>>184187632
>>limping and about to die
Yeah, slicing explodes in cutting shrapnel after three seconds. It's actually really fucking good too.
>>
>>184188015
So good it was nerfed into oblivion in Gen despite being THE deapexing shot on top of raping anything weak to cutting with its insane damage.
>>
>>184188080
Well yeah, I meant in 4U.
>>
File: why.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>when someone tries to put a trap against an elder dragon
>>
>>184188004
Those are some nice tiddies.
>>
File: b507c1101e8a8d5fce2df66f9c710506.jpg (322KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
b507c1101e8a8d5fce2df66f9c710506.jpg
322KB, 848x1200px
>>184188543
>when someone tries a pitfall on a not enraged Rajang

>>184188602
You best enjoy them, because the artist made all of their pixiv work private last I checked.
>>
The HH showcase armor looks so fluffy and comfy. I hope it belongs to a Popo boss monster
>>
>>184188543
>when everyone flashed Rathalos at the same time
>>
>>184188543
>mount
>someone carts
>>
>>184188758
TIME to fap!
>>
>>184188758
>artist made all of their pixiv work private
Why do that?
>>
File: 55005260_p0.png (97KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
55005260_p0.png
97KB, 700x700px
>>184188790
>yfw this comes back in Worlds
>>
>>184188543
>putting down traps on elder dragons just to fuck with people
the black of your list matches my soul,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>
>>184188790
Did the HH showcase even show anything new?
>>
>>184189191
Shuddup Shaggy, you used to be trappable back when you're just Gore.
>>
File: 882b2.jpg (251KB, 850x979px) Image search: [Google]
882b2.jpg
251KB, 850x979px
>>184188979
Beats me. Perhaps they're butthurt over their doujins getting scanned.
>>
File: 1466633436550.gif (336KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1466633436550.gif
336KB, 600x338px
>>184188543
>Someone puts down a trap for an elder
>Stand with them behind the trap
>Elder starts charging
>Quickly walk out of the way close to the last moment
>Person who put down trap gets run over
>>
Just reached chapter 17 in MHO and everything got a lot harder. Im using a armor set i got in a box. should i upgrade or get a new?
>>
How do I unlock G Rank hyper Blangonga in XX? Just do the G2 regular version?
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEE.gif (249KB, 306x316px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEE.gif
249KB, 306x316px
>>184188543
>Monster gets mounted, KO'd, paralyzed, and tail cut in succession
>>
>>184188543
>Throwing Flash Bombs at Plesioth
All to trigger my hunting buddy.
>>
>>184189338
I do this but with the intention of demonstrating that they're idiots so they stop pinging and accusing me post-quest of fucking up their capture.
>>
>>184188543
>Guy sets up trap for cham
>All 3 hunters gather to the trap
>3 of them carted when they got hit by Cham's rampage breath
>Host blames me for "not" cooperating
>Get kicked
I should make a pre-set chat "Stay at the camp,I'll carry" because I can solo the quest faster than 3 of those fags combined.
>>
File: para para dance.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
para para dance.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>184188543
>when someone tries to paralyze an elder dragon
>>
>>184189369
>G Rank hyper Blangonga
Geeezus! This thing exists? Now I definitely not playing XX.
>>
>>184190441
Is that monster what happens when spyro and fatty mate?
>>
>going through most of HR with Zinogre U armor in 4U
I'm afraid to lose Evasion now. I feel like some of those fights will be impossible now. Am I a shitter for using it? Even if I'm using GL?
>>
>>184190894
you'll always be a shitter I'm afraid

it's best just to accept it
>>
File: femstig.jpg (223KB, 755x743px) Image search: [Google]
femstig.jpg
223KB, 755x743px
>>184190894
You'll get used to not using it.
>>
>>184190894
Well, Guard Gunlancing is out of question and it can't exploit E+3, maybe get rid of it until you make your lategame set but it's a fine skill for GL, far more valuable than Load Up and Artillery God.
>>
>>184191163
Why? Because I'm running Funlance?
>>184191520
Checking the OP, Evasion or Guard are recommended for GL. What works better?
>>
>>184191901
What OP? The 4U guide is down.
Evasion is definitely better because Guard on GL is extremely rigid and forces you to not attack.
>>
>>184192092
The FAQ.
Would Evade Extender be any good for GL? I wish I could cover a little more distance for those more bulkier monsters.
>>
>>184192092
So why not just play lance or hbg even. The do much more dps and are better for evasion play. What's the point of gunlance again?
>>
>>184192314
Don't read the FAQ, it's outdated as fuck and full of idiocy (Gunlance recommending Artillery should be a red flag)
You don't really need EE, get Quick Sheathe if you really have problems with monsters going out of range, GL having only one dodge makes EE worthless.
>>184192359
Why not hack your weapon to infinite damage?
>>
>>184192749
What are the recommended skills for GL, then?
>>
Does Capcom still do USJ exclusive events where you have to go in person to get the quest?
There's an Amatsu quest in XX that doesn't seem to be in the DLC menu.
>>
>>184192835
Same as Lance, same as every weapon. Just know shelling and guarding shouldn't boosted because they really suck and you won't make them unsuck with skills.
>>
Page 10. It's time to move on.
>>184193163
Thread posts: 762
Thread images: 138

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.