[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 749
Thread images: 63

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.
>>
First for SP must pay for his crime
>>
Would this PC be fast enough to emulate PS2 or GameCube games?
http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-elitedesk-705-g3-desktop-mini-pc-%28energy-star%29-p-y4e55ut-aba--1
>>
>>183496772
he's a hard worker

https://github.com/libretro/reicast-emulator/commit/0e5c14662fff48c3e67c543679ce653d720fcde0
>>
>>183498551
>AMD Radeon R7
Yeah but WHICH? It can be the difference between a gaming GPU and shit.
You are better off custom making a PC, this seems too much like a coin toss, especially given how wildly emulated games SPECS can differ, especially from PCSX2 and Dolphin, like say, right now I can play most high end games fine, but I had to underclock the PS2 to play Ape Escape 3. And it still has frequent dips.

>>183496510
>Meryl was originally going to be much younger. Her appearance was going to be based on Natalie Portman's Mathilda character from Léon: The Professional.
Funny.
>>
File: wQgvC[1].jpg (614KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wQgvC[1].jpg
614KB, 1920x1080px
I'm trying to emulate Saga Frontier 2 and it's going fine apart from the weird artifacting you can see on the fifth guy in the line. I'm not used to the customisation of Mednafen, so I was wondering if there are any options that could get rid of this?

Also I'm just testing the Widescreen hack, the artifacts were there in original aspect ratio too.
>>
>>183499893
I had no artifacts in ePSXe. Try that one.
>>
>breaking news
22:56 <@Twinaphex> and BTW - after 7+ years of being exploited
22:56 <@Twinaphex> we will no longer deny ourselves money
22:56 <@Twinaphex> I’ve had enough

00:11 <@Twinaphex> and I am running this on a Core i7 7700k with a Titan XP

>$1000 monthly patreon, Titan XP and SP feels exploited.
>>
>>183501603
>XP
fuck off
>>
Who's in charge of the wiki? I'd like to discuss the idea of implementing a mobile view.
>>
File: no.png (221KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
221KB, 400x300px
>>183498551
>AMD PRO A12-9800E APU
>>
>>183501927
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/titan-xp/
Fuck off, (You) retard.
>>
>>183501603

What do you call it when every whippersnapper and his dog is reselling dozens of copies of RA for years when you get none?

And you have a bunch of NEET nerds in here flaunting this and pretending like it's a good thing?

You are one delusional fuck.
>>
>>183502836
calm down, daniel
>>
Is open source Model 2 emulation doomed?
>>
File: Dithering Filters.png (92KB, 2818x1259px) Image search: [Google]
Dithering Filters.png
92KB, 2818x1259px
hey I made a little comparison image
>>
>>183503686

Calm down pajeet. And stop being salty.
>>
>>183503825

Yes. And Nebula Model 2's frontend is garbage, so it could have benefited from source being available.

There's also still some rendering bugs in Nebula M2 which never got fixed. It's still slightly less broken than Viva Nonno is now but in time it will get there because it's unmaintained and abandoned. Shitty closed-source devs at it again.
>>
>>183503686
It's not Daniel but some impostor. Daniel works in Fortune 500 company (and deleted his linkedin profile only to be humble) between 8 and 16 and would never post here 50 times a day, writing about himself in third person, like some retard.
>>
Anyone knows a solution for choppy/crackling audio on PSX emulation? i've tried PCSX and EPSXE with Castlevania sotn and i can't get good audio for shit.
>>
Talking about him should be a bannable offense. Take this bullshit back to IRC where it belongs.

Sage
>>
>>183512184
use Mednafen
>>
Did anyone else see a massive slowdown in the newest Citra bleeding edge build (a20ec73)? I went from 100% speed to less than 25% basically overnight in nearly every game.
>>
>>183512184

Use Beetle PSX and RetroArch.
>>
>>183513385
Use unofficial builds on the gbatemp thread, people have started making them again and there's a noticeable performance boost over BE.
>>
>>183512184
Eternal SPU Plugin for PCSXR/epsxe, otherwise use Mednafen.
>>
>>183513641
Check the source code, there is not a single line different from the Bleeding Edge builds, they're only compiled with other program. PS: the guy making unofficial builds is the same that shared the builds that would restart your PC
>>
emulating nocturne over here. is it normal to have to hold R2 to move around? otherwise the camera just zoomz in the MCs head and i can't move
>>
>>183514071
>there is not a single line different from the Bleeding Edge builds
So BE has 3D, cheats, tick changed, cia loader, fernando's improvements?
>they're only compiled with other program
Which improves speed.
>the guy making unofficial builds
There's more than 1.
>is the same that shared the builds that would restart your PC
Wow, there was a bug in a build once that was probably fixed within a day, the terror.
>>
>>183514752
>So BE has 3D, cheats, tick changed, cia loader, fernando's improvements?
No one uses 3D and is broken for a lot's of games, you can use cheats using Cheat Engine (it's even more useful now than the original code, as it's incomplete, but will be finished by the creator soon), you don't know what a tick is, cia loader is meaningless as you can convert ROMs and most people use .3DS anyway, the only meaningful code from Fernando that could improve the performance doesn't work.
>Which improves speed.
If you compile it yourself, can be even faster, but hey, keep on trusting code that you don't understand from people that don't know how to code, really wise
>There's more than 1
The only one that still think he knows shit is the one responsible for sharing the bad code
>Wow, there was a bug in a build once that was probably fixed within a day, the terror.
It's was not a bug, it was intentional, how new are you?
>>
>>183515702
>>not a single line different
>Wrong
>>b-but

>you can use cheats using Cheat Engine
Yeah, that's convenient.
>you don't know what a tick is
And I guess you don't know that the change makes FMVs actually watchable. inb4: you can just watch those on youtube.
>cia loader is meaningless
It's not.
>Fernando that could improve the performance doesn't work
Yes it does, there's a small boost in GPU heavy games (KH3D).
>If you compile it yourself
Just stop.
>The only one that still think he knows shit
There's 2 people making builds.
>It's was not a bug, it was intentional
Sure. And has it happened in any recent builds?
>keep on trusting code that you don't understand from people that don't know how to code, really wise
And keep on trying to spread your FUD.
>>
File: 1476802231552.jpg (53KB, 524x331px) Image search: [Google]
1476802231552.jpg
53KB, 524x331px
Any way to map more than one button to desmume? Like I want to use both the d-pad and analog sticks to the up,down,left, and right buttons.
>>
>>183516838
Don't think you can in Desmume. Use an external program like Autohotkey.
>>
>>183516831
Fact: the only one trusting those builds is too stupid to understand the code. But hey, keep on using them, you deserve it
>>
File: 1500422511484.png (227KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500422511484.png
227KB, 800x500px
>>183517129
>But hey, keep on using them, you deserve it
You right, I do deserve better speeds and more features, thanks.
>>
>>183505332
I get what it's trying to do, and it works, but I prefer the clean dithering on the left.
>>
SP must die for his crime. RA must be forked and given to the people. No longer will we suffer the abuse at the hands of the monster that is SP.
I ask brothers that we march and take his head for we are the only ones that can kill him.
For it is written that if one gets a ps4 and a tv from funds knowingly stolen from the hands of a hard working /emugen/ donator he must be punished. And punished he will be for our lord commands his head.
>>
Damn, RPCS3 is making good progress. I'm able to get 10-15 FPS in town and 20-28 in dungeons. Battles are almost full speed. This is on an old ass OC 2500k. If they keep this pace up, it could be full speed on the modern higher end CPUs by the end of the year.
>>
>>183519407
He must pay for his crimes against us first.
>>
Gliden64 is a badly programmed piece of shit. Go beyond 1080p and see unacceptable frame drops and performance happen.

When a game runs at 133fps at 1440p whereas Dolphin and/or a Dreamcast emu has nearly four times the performance, you know you are dealing with an unoptimized piece of shit codebase.

But then that's understandable since Gonetz didn't even make this, the GLN64 author did and he just added a bunch of hacks to it.

So much for this 'savior' of emulation, a poorly performing piece of crap that manages to have glitches Glide64 has, while it fixes some issues that Glide64 has. A mixed bag.
>>
>>183468297
>Welcome to emulation, where copyright is fast and loose. So long as the issue is resolved after being raised, I see no issue.
Logan is already aware of what he did and just doesn't care. Typical scumbag if you ask me. Although I'm sure the other mupen64p people will do the right thing if brought to their attention. Still sad that they just accept Logan's pull requests without making sure..

This scene is just wonderful and will overlook what some individuals do, while attacking others for any small mistakes/flaws.
>>
>>183505332
>non-integer nearest

FUCK YOU
>>
>>183519527
I wish Xenia progress was this fast.
>>
>>183520017

LOL this is unacceptable. 8K Gliden64 runs at 26fps in Mario 64.

A goddamn Dreamcast/Gamecube emulator renders at 8K at over 250 to 300fps. Gonetz/JamMan23, before you say even one more word in an effort to self-brag, please fix your own back yard Kthnx. This is an embarrassing shitshow performance-wise.
>>
>>183519407
44 posts and he made only 6-7. Not even quarter.
>>
>>183498814
You are just jealous because no other emulator in the world can do 10880x8160
>>
>>183520679

Gonetz must pay for his crimes first. A fucking $650 random cashgrab and this fucking shit performs 2 to 4x slower than a Dreamcast/Gamecube emulator, fuck outta here with this amateur GL bullshit.
>>
>>183520741

That's on top of the $2000 Indiegogo he already got. Whatever happened to 'best performing, most accurate' N64 renderer? This thing runs like dogshit, sure it renders some games better than Glide64, but there are also many others where it has glitches where Glide64 doesn't, and overall, it's a mixed bag.

Should have written a new renderer completely from scratch instead of basing it on an old and obsolete GL codebase like GLN64. This is like duct-taping an old Mini Cooper and pretending it runs like a Ferrari.
>>
>>183520730
Well there was the arbitrary IR builds of Dolphin that went all the way up to 99x iirc

>>183520949
>This is like duct-taping an old Mini Cooper
You don't know the horrors some people are capable of, someone could perfectly duct tape a stupid engine in a mini cooper an have it destroy ferraris.
>>
>>183520949
>That's on top of the $2000 Indiegogo he already got.
Didn't he get $8000 for his first campaign?

>Should have written a new renderer completely from scratch instead of basing it on an old and obsolete GL codebase like GLN64.
The problem is that this scene has a hive-mind mentality and think writing from scratch is never the right way to go. There's also the fact that a lot of devs in general (not just emudevs), like to write as little code as possible.

>>183520741
>fuck outta here with this amateur GL bullshit.
The irony is that they are blaming the performance on either drivers or "muh accuracy" LOL. They don't realise that glN64 was slower and less accurate than Glide64. top kek.

At this point, these shills will justify anything Gonetz does because he's the alleged savior of N64 emulation and they have no clue about anything anyway..
>>
>>183521026

When they run a campaign based on claims to the tune of 'most accurate, fastest N64 renderer ever!', and then this shit runs 4 times worse than a Gamecube emulator, nobody is allowed to say shit, and we should let a couple of Gonetz cheerleaders continue this 'meme' this is some great achievement for mankind? Nah, it's a shitty hodgepodge of GLN64 where they have overburdened it with hacks to the point where it now runs far worse than any other GL renderer to it.

I'm sorry but these bottlenecks tell the full story. If your fucking shit can't run at 8K over 25fps on a Titan XP, your programming is shit, and you need to go back to the drawing board, end of story. You can dress that up however you want, but all i see are pathetic excuses.

This is the single worst renderer so far with the single worst framerate so far. Nothing, not even Parallel RDP, not Dolphin, not Reicast, not Beetle PSX, nothing had as low framerates as this so far.
>>
nintendo and sony are gunna crack down on the seen when switch emulators get made to play ps4 stuff. you think its so great to piracy but how do they make money then? You are all bad and all that illegal information will make the software illegal and after you go to jail we'll see how much fun you have when all you can play is hide the salamis with your precious tranny devs.
>>
>>183521771

Actually I don't even disagree with you, I think for that reason Switch and PS4 emulation should really not be touched until at least 5/6 years later.
>>
>>183505332
>>183517678
>>183520337
http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/216535
>>
>>183521887
you're almost as retarded as I'm pretending to be. you should castrate yourself you fucking coward.
>>
>>183521730

Yeah it was $8K, sorry. There you go. Nearly $2K or more has been dropped on these guys, and these are the results.

25fps at 8K.

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/cores-progress-report-catering-to-high-end-desktops-dolphin-libretro-core-and-others-now-supports-resolutions-of-8k-and-up/

See how that shit stacks up compared to any other emulator, emulating GPUs that are like 5 to 10x as advanced as the N64's.

And this didn't even include the Reicast benchmarks BTW.

This is shitty GL programming, plain and simple.
>>
>>183521887
>>183521771

How are you managing to speak around the corporate dicks you're gargling?

That's quite a feat, Anons.
>>
>>183522430

You will be singing a very different tune when the same thing happens to this 'scene' as what happened with that recent 'PS4 SDK leak'. This is one battle you don't want to wage.
>>
>>183521748
Haha, very good imitation
I give you 8/10 because it lacks some conspiracy theories
>>
>>183522559

Sorry, but it is true, Gliden64 sucks ass and is the single worst performing emulator renderer out there right now.

It's 25fps at 8K. That is beyond pathetic. That makes it up to 7x as slow as Dolphin, and up to 12x as slow as Reicast.

You go ahead and rationalize that shit, go on, I'll wait. We are not talking Parallel RDP-like compute emulation here, we are talking a bogstandard HLE renderer. The whole point of HLE is to make shit run fast, not SLOW.
>>
>>183522518

The Corporate must be fought on every front and by any means necessary. Even extra-legally.
>>
File: 1499180661904.png (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1499180661904.png
5KB, 205x246px
can i emulate dreamcast to play giga wing 2?
>>
>>183522951
I believe this was playable on most emulators for some time
>>
>>183522784
Please continue, that's very good, really.

'rationalize that shit ' haha, awesome!
>>
>>183522951
You can even emulate the better dreamcast shooters like Border Down!
>>
>>183521771
>switch emulators get made to play ps4 stuff
I hope this is a typo. If not, kill yourself.
>>
>>183522784
>The whole point of HLE is to make shit run fast, not SLOW.
It's refreshing to know I'm not the only one who thinks this. The HLE renderer still has bugs derived from improper implementation of HLE, yet the performance is still slower than z64gl in some cases.

>It's 25fps at 8K.
To be fair, I wonder if the performance issue has to do with VRAM -> copying. By default, it uses Async for copying the framebuffer. Emulators like dolphin use framebuffer notification instead, if I understand correctly. I'm not really excusing the piss poor performance, but I wonder what the performance is like on Titan XP at 8k, when you turn off async and put it on none.

>>183522084
>This is shitty GL programming, plain and simple.
I agree. Sometimes I find it embarrassing when comparing other emulators to N64 emulators. I'm not one of those Dolphin worshipers either, cause they have their own fair share of flaws.

Anyway, I think SP should team up with those who are unsatisfied with GLideN64 and make N64 emulation great again. Do you think SP would be interested in working on a new hardware renderer? I'm not kidding, I think there's a good chance of something good happening if SP, mudlord, and other unsatisfied devs team up and work on a new renderer.
>>
>>183524114
>SP, mudlord and vgturtle

The Dream Team
>>
>>183514071
>they're only compiled with other program
No, they're compiled for different instruction sets.

>is the same that shared the builds that would restart your PC
That's fucking JayFoxRox's "fault".
He wanted to give a lesson to people like drwhojan who kept compiling stuff back then without even checking and removed the code that was causing it once he got a good laugh.
After that, it never happened again.
>>
File: 1339112127540.jpg (538KB, 849x866px) Image search: [Google]
1339112127540.jpg
538KB, 849x866px
How do I open and play this ps1 game? I have 3 files .ccd .img.ecm and .sub
I'm using xebra and it reads none of them
>>
>>183524753
Download unecm and use it on the .ecm file. Then mount the .img file with virtual clonedrive.
>>
>>183524753
Download ecm_tools, then drag the .img.ecm file and drop it inside "unecm".
https://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/ecm_tools/36839
>>
>>183524753

Also, use redump instead of emuparashite.
>>
>>183524114

It seems MSAA makes it dogslow. Whether it's set at 2x or 4x, it turns it into 25fps. If you set it to off, you get 100fps. Still pathetically low compared to any other renderer out there, Reicast easily pushes 280/300fps at that resolution while Dolphin does 193fps, but not as earth-shatteringly bad as before.

Anyway, what's the point of that MSAA setting if setting it even at 2x brings a Titan XP to its knees? Still pisspoor programming. You can bump MSAA in Dolphin all the way up and not get these crippling speeds.
>>
>>183525834
dude, just stfu. you're clearly in need of meds.
>>
>>183525834

BTW, the original RDP had 8x MSAA (according to TinyTiger who studied the RDP rasterizer).
>>
File: IMG_3882.jpg (68KB, 682x535px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3882.jpg
68KB, 682x535px
Can someone please explain the intracacies of emulating MAME on RetroPie? I get that I have to use different emulators for different versions, but how do I know what is what?
>>
File: Local Multiplayer.png (967KB, 949x794px) Image search: [Google]
Local Multiplayer.png
967KB, 949x794px
Anyone here can give me Arm7.bin Arm9.bin and firmware.bin for MelonDS v0.4?
I want to try Local Multiplayer
>>
>>183526003
>dude, just stfu. you're clearly in need of meds.
he's not wrong

>>183525834
>It seems MSAA makes it dogslow.
I see. So it's not just framebuffer emulation that's awfully slow..

>Still pathetically low compared to any other renderer out there
Yup. When an LLE renderer like z64gl is beating it in performance, something's very wrong...

Not even zilmar is willing to touch that codebase. Despite donating $500 to the first campaign. It goes to show that it did not live up to the hype.

What performance is Glide64 getting at 8k res?
>>
>>183527872
They're in the retroarch bios pack on the wiki.
>>
>>183521771
>>183521887
https://twitter.com/endrift/status/887762371875225600
>>
>>183529136
The GBA was emulated very early in it's lifecycle and still sold like hotcakes
>>
>>183529136
>he actually cares about nintendo
top kek
>>
>>183529692
that MAN is going to have many years of shame to look back upon if HE doesn't kill himself.
I suppose it's better than not having mgba though.
>>
>>183529504
I remember playing metroid days before its official release on a gba emu. The Wii U was a failure long before piracy became easy. People need to shut the hell up about piracy killing systems.
>>
File: 1482313259789.jpg (33KB, 316x396px) Image search: [Google]
1482313259789.jpg
33KB, 316x396px
how well does the desmume retroarch core run on android?
i'm too jewish to spend money on drastic and likely too dumb to figure out how to root my phone without losing stuff
>>
>>183529952

He will never know any shame. He's basically byuu 2.0. At least we're getting mgba and (maybe) DS emulation out of it all.
>>
>>183529504

Further proof "piracy" is an executive scapegoat.
>>
>>183531492

GL renderer will be added in the near future. For now it's software renderer only.
>>
>>183531791
so it's probably gonna run like ass right now, i take it
i assume something like the gen 2 remakes won't run too well eh
>>
>>183531889
i meant the gen 2 pokeyman remakes whoops
>>
>>183498551
Better off just building a HTPC with an intel cpu
>>
>>183531492
Why would you need to root your phone?
>>
Where is the save folder in Melon DS v0.4?
>>
>>183532127
there's a "free" version of drastic floating around which requires a rooted phone to work
as my phone isn't rooted i unfortunately can't make use of it and have to make do with retroarch cores
>>
What's the difference between the Windows and Windows msvc2010 builds of RetroArch?
>>
>>183532618
the regular one is built with mingw instead of visual studio
>>
>>183526808
you download romsets that are specific to that mame version, simple as that
>>
>>183533839
Is there any difference in performance I should be aware of?
>>
>>183534352
not that I know of, it just works better on XP mainly
>>
>>183534508
That literally applies to any application that still offers Windows XP Compatibility.
>>
>>183528223
>Yup. When an LLE renderer like z64gl is beating it in performance, something's very wrong...
z64gl is fast because it uses optimizations that are fundamentally incompatible with accurate N64 depth emulation. GLideN64 is of course much faster, anyway.
>>
What are your top 3 PS2 games, /emugen/?
>>
>>183531889

If you run it at 1x or 2x, not really.

If you want higher resolutions though you will need the GL renderer, which isn't in libretro yet. But it's on the to-do list.
>>
>>183539000
>If you run it at 1x or 2x, not really.
not really as in "it runs well" or "it doesn't run well"? i'd be totally fine with it running at native res, i just want to be able to run it at all
>>
>>183520017
>>183520374
Assuming you're using an Nvidia GPU, did you remember to set the profile for the emulator to "Prefer Maximum Performance?
>>
If I had to guess, GLideN64 likely has an issue with whatever buffer resizing algorithm the plugin uses, which is causing a bottleneck when rendering at extremely high resolutions. Or else there's a shader being used that doesn't play nice at very high resolutions. Since you're not really supposed to exceed 2-3x native rendering resolution in N64 games, this is something that would likely go unnoticed.
>>
>>183538435
>GLideN64 is of course much faster, anyway.
but it isn't. In fact the only reason GLideN64 even comes close now is because of the refactoring that increased the amount of optimisations. "muh Accuracy" is not a valid excuse when it's been proven that optimisations increase performance significantly.

>>183539227
he's using a Titan XP, m8. I can totally understand his disappointment.

>>183539854
There's a huge problem when even Dolphin gets better performance.. Completely unacceptable.
>>
>>183532197
The same as the ROM
>>
>>183545372
It's strange because I saved my file and close the game.
Then I restarted the game and there is nothing
>>
wtf is this shit? How am I supposed to know which one to use?
>>
>>183546387
rip
>>
>>183546387
bruh wut version of PJ64 are you using? Looks like you're using an outdated setup. TThe version of PJ64 dictates which plugins to use, to some extent. For instance the newer version of PJ64 needs the newer version of N-Rage (if u want to use N-rage). Rsp Plugin 1.7.0.9 is outdated, but that one is better than the other ones in your list.

Is that via Wine btw? Is that why you're using an old setup?
>>
>>183546902
>Is that via Wine btw? Is that why you're using an old setup?
yes. I have 2.1 and 1.6 from the wiki. The latest version doesn't display any configuration dialog boxes.
>>
>>183547005
ok well if you are using HLE, might as well stick with RSP Plugin 1.7.0.9. Later versions are better, but it might not be convenient for you to obtain the right version.

Also if you're running on decent hardware, Glide64 is better than Jabo's.

>The latest version doesn't display any configuration dialog boxes.
I see. Are there any issues in Wine for 2.1 and/or 1.6? Maybe you could help track down what changes triggered these Wine issues.
>>
File: Capture.png (655KB, 903x491px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
655KB, 903x491px
I started emulating legacy of kain on nullDC today and the particle all have this weird box shape, like the transparency isnt stacking right

anyone know how to fix it?
>>
>>183548310
well there's a similar problem that happens in 2.1 and 1.6 with jabo's plugin when I try to configure it. Doesn't happen with the other plugins though.
>>
>>183540621
>he's using a Titan XP, m8. I can totally understand his disappointment.
Emulators tend to run GPUs in maximum power saving mode. The GPU speed means jack shit in those scenarios.
>There's a huge problem when even Dolphin gets better performance.. Completely unacceptable.
Tell Gonetz about the issue, then. It's not like it's a major issue, and it's likely just an oversight.
>>
>>183548941

It's set to performance mode in nvidia control panel, and CPU boost is on, so the CPU runs at 4.80GHz instead of the default 4.20. Power profile in Windows is set to performance.

Don't see any possibility for it to downthrottle.
>>
>>183548941
>It's not like it's a major issue, and it's likely just an oversight.

It's not a major issue that an N64 emulator's HLE renderer is literally 12x as slow as a Dreamcast emulator, and about 8 to 6x as slow as Dolphin (Gamecube)? Good to know. You cannot fall back on 'but the RDP is so expensive to emulate!' since HLE is mostly hackfest territory where you map RSP display lists to some GL function call routines to make it just render certain graphics. The whole point of HLE is supposed to be to be doing it fast rather than accurate.
>>
>>183550559
>It's not a major issue that an N64 emulator's HLE renderer is literally 12x as slow as a Dreamcast emulator, and about 8 to 6x as slow as Dolphin (Gamecube)?
Stop whining and turn the resolution down.
>>
>>183550559
It depends how you allocate memory.
>>
>>183550559
>The whole point of HLE is supposed to be to be doing it fast rather than accurate.
Sort of. You can achieve 100% accuracy in HLE. The speed boost is just a bonus.

But seriously, are you actually having problems with GLideN64 at normal resolutions, or are you cranking the internal resolution slider to maximum despite this fucking everything?
>>
>>183550895

Stop writing shitty code and hyping it up to the world as if it's caviar.

BTW, hi loganmc10. You introduced quite some bad regressions in RA that others had to spend weeks to solve. Just thought you'd like to know.
>>
>2017
>Still can't play NDS Dragon Quest iX Local Multiplayer with an emulator
rip
>>
>>183551185
>or are you cranking the internal resolution slider to maximum despite this fucking everything?
Likely this. It doesn't just kill performance. It also causes severe graphics issues.
>>
>>183551185

Dude, if a Titan XP can't render your hackjob bullshit renderer at 8K at more than 100fps, and it renders it at 25fps with MSAA 2x, then this renderer is a total piece of shit.

Put this into perspective - games like Witcher 4 are being rendered at 4K on systems like this. Your puny pathetic N64 graphics workload for the GPU is less graphically expensive than Quake-fucking-1, holy shit. Try to gain some perspective here, and stop shooting the messenger here when Dolphin beats gliden64 in the performance stakes by 6/8x at the same resolution. It's beyond pathetic.
>>
>>183551469

Witcher 3*
>>
>>183551238
>BTW, hi loganmc10.
The guy you're replying to is ambient malice btw. Aka the guy who got butthurt zilmar doesn't cater to him. He basically thinks his issues are automatically more important than anyone else's.

That's why he'll downplay other people's issues when they don't effect him. Like Mudlord said, he believes "There is no world hunger because I have a sandwich."
>>
>>183551370
melonDS is your only hope for this soon (very soon)
>>
>>183550559
>The whole point of HLE is supposed to be to be doing it fast rather than accurate.
It's not even accurate LOL. Just look at Killer Instinct.
>>
I want to emulate a 3ds game on citra
I've already dumped the cxi file using braindump but citra won't load it.
what do i do
does it have to do with decrypting/encrypting.
the game I dumped was a digital copy cia.
>>
>>183552646
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Dumping-Game-Cartridges
>>
>>183550365
GLideN64 is so slow, a gtx 1060 6gb is having performance issues.

https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1531

It's pathetic for anyone to try blaming the user's setup when the problem is clearly the plugin itself..
>>
>>183552646
>>183552863
Whoops, meant the one below that:
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Dumping-Installed-Titles
>>
>>183551469
The issue is entirely with how the plugin handles resolution scaling beyond a certain factor. Like someone said earlier, why not post the issue on Github? Unless people report issues, nothing will be done about them.
>Your puny pathetic N64 graphics workload for the GPU is less graphically expensive than Quake-fucking-1, holy shit.
It's actually very expensive to accurately handle N64 depth behavior because modern GPUs have no equivalent functions natively. It has to be done in shaders, which is going to completely fuck the N64 Mini if it turns out to be an actual thing.
>Try to gain some perspective here, and stop shooting the messenger here when Dolphin beats gliden64 in the performance stakes by 6/8x at the same resolution.
You're the one getting caught up on the fact GLideN64 falls apart on high resolutions that nobody has bothered to test. Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

>>183551946
>>Just look at Killer Instinct.
That's an LLE issue, though? Flawed low level triangle rendering. GE/KI send the commands for sky/water rendering directly to the RDP, which is a problem for HLE display list intercepts.
>>
>>183552870
>https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1531

Maybe I have to do some performance tests myself, now I'm intrigued. Are they using MSAA?
>>
>>183552870
The plugin runs games at 10x full speed on a Maxwell GPU. I'm inclined to blame Nvidia's recent driver fuckery.
>>
>>183554223
idk because they keep wasting his time with these nonsense suggestions like lowering the timer resolution, which btw decreases CPU performance...

That's a good quesiton though. They should also ask his other settings for stuff like frame-buffer copying, depth buffer, etc.

>>183554536
tell me why the guy runs other plugins just fine then?
>>
>>183554621
>tell me why the guy runs other plugins just fine then?
Because none of the other plugins use advanced GL features. Also, I notice he appears to be using an older version.
>>
>>183554746
>Because none of the other plugins use advanced GL features.
Sounds like coding in modern OpenGL was a mistake then... For it to require so much more resources than older versions is absurd.

Anyway, doesn't GLideN64 just require OpenGL 3.3? I don't see how that's advanced.
>>
>>183554995
>For it to require so much more resources than older versions is absurd.
Accurately emulating the N64 requires a massive jump in requirements over old plugins. For example, accurate N64 combiner emulation using shaders is much more expensive than the old hacky fixed function methods.
>Anyway, doesn't GLideN64 just require OpenGL 3.3? I don't see how that's advanced.
It's a lot more advanced than its contemporaries. A huge reason why Glide64 couldn't do mipmapping properly was API support, for example. It uses GL4 for a specific depth emulation feature that is optional.
>>
>>183554024
>It's actually very expensive to accurately handle N64 depth behavior because modern GPUs have no equivalent functions natively
Well it's not like GLideN64 is currently accurately handling depth buffer emulation. It's currently using hacky HLE software depth buffer code.

>That's an LLE issue, though? Flawed low level triangle rendering.
It's not the only issue. Right now, GLideN64 doesn't even handle the projectiles properly.
>>
>>183555821
>Well it's not like GLideN64 is currently accurately handling depth buffer emulation. It's currently using hacky HLE software depth buffer code.
The depth buffer isn't the issue currently. Depth compare calculations are. Emulating something like Perfect Dark's bullet holes/blood splatters is quite expensive because our GPUs can't do those depth compare functions natively.
>>
>>183555719
>For example, accurate N64 combiner emulation using shaders is much more expensive than the old hacky fixed function methods.
I didn't see much of a difference in performance after he added that. Pretty much up until the graphics refactor, GLideN64's performance was always somewhere near glN64's performance in the games I tested. Which leads me to believe that part of the inferior performance is due to being based on glN64. Even Gonetz admitted this in the past, stating that Glide64 is significantly faster than glN64.

If you check the performance of older versions of GLideN64, you will see that it's not very fast, despite the fact that it has indeed improved a lot in accuracy since then.

Even z64gl uses shaders for the combiner, if I remember correctly.

I do admit I should have considered that the problem might specifically be the use of modern OGL. Unfortunately there's no other N64 plugins to compare to in that case. But I'm not quite sold on that argument yet. It's just a consideration for now.
>>
>>183528223
>>It seems MSAA makes it dogslow.

well thats to be expected as in each shader for each texture read you have to sample times the number of samples to fetch. So if you have to sample a texture at 4x MSAA, thats 4x the work per pixel.

Dolphin gets around this by blitting the render targets to a intermediate non msaa''ed FBO, which means it only has to sample once.
>>
File: 8xMSAA.png (659KB, 1027x841px) Image search: [Google]
8xMSAA.png
659KB, 1027x841px
>>183556769
I don't buy it. 3x native resolution with 8x MSAA has seemingly zero impact on performance. It's running around 14x full speed.
>>
>>183517313
Shill
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>183556769
>Dolphin gets around this by blitting the render targets to a intermediate non msaa''ed FBO, which means it only has to sample once.
Is there any downside to that?

The guy with the titan XP says even with it off, he's still getting worse performance than recast and dolphin.
>>
https://www.libretro.com/index.php/cores-progress-report-catering-to-high-end-desktops-dolphin-libretro-core-and-others-now-supports-resolutions-of-8k-and-up/

Updated with benchmark findings on Mupen64plus core + Gliden64.
>>
>>183558469
Man that's really sad how memednafen's performance with the HW renderer is better than Mupen64Minus + GLideN64.

I just noticed though... Why is SP getting better performance with OGL for the Ps1 hardware renderer? Is tiny Tiger's code not optimised well enough? I can't imagine Vulkan losing to OGL...

Btw I'd like to see how ParaLLEl RDP runs on 2d heavy games like Bangaioh and Yoshi's Story. I noticed that the performance on a gtx 960m was worse than a software renderer for some reason in Bangaio. Is the 960m simply gimped for ParaLLEl RDP? Or does it lack optimisations for 2d stuff? I'd like to find out :) .
>>
>>183558469
>>That being said, there are certain advantages to Gliden64 vs. Glide64, it emulates certain FBO effects which GLide64 doesn’t.
I think this is a teeeny bit of an understatement. Glide64's FBO emulation is completely fucked. Plus it can't do mipmapping, noise emulation, proper blending, proper depth checks, and a bunch of other stuff that slips my mind. Oh, and there's a rampant texture corruption issue that's been around for years. (Joanna's clothing turns into garbage in the Carrington Institute.)
>>183559658
>Man that's really sad how memednafen's performance with the HW renderer is better than Mupen64Minus + GLideN64.
The PS1 is a much simpler piece of hardware. It's not exactly shocking that accurate N64 emulation is a magnitude more expensive.
>>
>>183559658

Yeah, it was surprising to see the Vulkan renderer lose out to the GL one. That being said, the Vulkan renderer also has a more complete implementation of the PSX GPU. It correctly impelements the mask bit enable feature for one, so it can render fog in Silent Hill, and the codec screen in Metal Gear Solid looks properly unlike on GL. So that might explain the speed divide. Who knows though, perhaps TInyTiger's code could still use some performance improvements. Simias didn't do all that badly with the GL renderer apparently, and r5 did a very bang-up job porting it together with him.
>>
>>183559760

> It's not exactly shocking that accurate N64 emulation is a magnitude more expensive.

That being said, even Dolphin scales much better at these higher resolutions.
>>
>>183559950
That's almost certainly a bug, though.
>>
>>183548401
>anyone know how to fix it?
The end of this video talks about this game on nulldc and demul.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni13xjHvwu4
but idk, see if it works on reicast or redream
>>
Can anyone who understands GLideN64 explain why performance is crashing through the floor at high resolutions? What is the bottleneck? For all we know it's a simple fix.
>>
So I just downloaded Project64 and read this on the wiki.

>Up to version 2.2, the official installer for PJ64 included opt-out malware in the installer. In July of 2016, the malware was removed from both the source code and installers.[1] However, version 2.3 introduced a benign but irritating nagware screen that pops up when launching PJ64, which grows more persistent with successive launches. This can be disabled by modifying project64.cfg to appear as follows:

>[Support Project64]
>Run Count=-1

The issue is that it doesn't seem to actually stop the popup nag. Am I missing something here? Do I need to do something more than just opening it up in Notepad and pasting it in/saving it?
>>
>>183562310
Did you make sure to close PJ64 before you added that line to the cfg file?
>>
>>183562547
I think I did, but honestly I can't say for sure since I was more concerned with trying to find a Paper Mario ROM while doing that. I take it that not closing it out causes it to ignore that bit of text or something?
>>
>>183563278
Fixed it. I didn't save the change because I'm apparently a retard.
>>
>>183560215
>What is the bottleneck?
it's poorly optimized.

Someone should try glN64 and see if that plugin has the same issue. It was a big mistake to use that plugin as a base.
>>
>>183559857
What OpenGL version does the GL renderer use?

Tbh senpai, seeing those screenshots of the dreamcast games in ultra high res makes me feel like I'm wasting my time with N64.. Why bother especially when there's not even a good hi-res hardware renderer... Seems like even Reicast is good.

Also I might know someone who's interested in working on ParaLLEl RDP. How hard would it be to port to zilmar-spec so that it would work on those emulators like Mupen64 0.5, Project64, and 1964? Any idea how long it would take to port it over?
>>
>>183563929
>it's poorly optimized.
That's not answering the question. Why is GLideN64 fine with resolution increases to a certain point, but then it suddenly falls off a cliff? If you can't constructively answer that, shut up.
>Someone should try glN64 and see if that plugin has the same issue. It was a big mistake to use that plugin as a base.
Oh, stop jerking off about how much you don't like gln64. It's difficult to test gln64 because it doesn't support arbitrary internal resolutions. They're extremely different plugins at this point.
>>
>>183557565
MSAA only causes problems at extremely high resolutions. Mario 64 gets 120VIs for me at 16x native, but it crashes to single digits if I enable MSAA at that resolution.

MSAA was a mistake, BTW.
>>
why the fuck do people give a shit about gliden64? angrylion and parallel are the only worthwhile n64 plugins
>>
>>183564859
>If you can't constructively answer that, shut up.
Oh the irony :) . Even the framebuffer copying is sub optimal. Using 32bit format even when most games are 16 bit Smh Tbh senpai...

>Oh, stop jerking off about how much you don't like gln64.
It's a terrible plugin and should be a well known fact. People need to face the facts instead of deflecting and blaming irrelevant things like timer resolution LOL.

>It's difficult to test gln64 because it doesn't support arbitrary internal resolutions.
it's open source.

>They're extremely different plugins at this point.
yet there are still issues inherited from it, like the full screen exit issue on an Intel Pentium N IGP.
>>
>>183565278
>angrylion and parallel are the only worthwhile n64 plugins
One is atrociously slow and limited to native resolutions and unable to be enhanced in any meaningful way. The other is dead in the water because the dev is a drama queen who jumped ship.

Meanwhile GLideN64 is busy reverse engineering Rogue Squadron to run flawlessly in HLE mode, thank you very much.
>>
>>183565374
>yet there are still issues inherited from it, like the full screen exit issue on an Intel Pentium N IGP.
Wait, wait, wait. That is ENTIRELY Intel's fault. Intel's Windows drivers are absolute dogshit.

>Even the framebuffer copying is sub optimal. Using 32bit format even when most games are 16 bit Smh Tbh senpai...
using a 16 bit framebuffer is the dumbest idea I've heard in years. Do you enjoy colour banding? Because that's how you get colour banding.
>>
>>183565403
ya man enjoy those hot new 8k n64 graphics. rofl can't believe people give a shit.
>>
>>183565605
>Intel's Windows drivers are absolute dogshit.
You are not wrong. What the fuck is wrong with companys today. AMD with it's shit OGL support intel with shit drivers that crash windows so much that microsoft recommend you don't install them.
Why in the fuck can't we have something that runs right?
>>
>>183565657
Running N64 games at 8K is not advisable. Running them at 2-4x native resolution produces extremely good results, however. 2D games are best run at native resolution, though.
>>
Oh, look, the guy with the GTX 1060 downloaded the latest version instead of GLideN64 2.0 from seven months ago, and all his problems disappeared.

https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1531#issuecomment-317232810
>>
>>183565605
>using a 16 bit framebuffer is the dumbest idea I've heard in years.
>being this clueless
I don't know why I even bother talking to non-coders about code.. Like I said, most games use 16 bit color.. Not hard to figure out a way to take advantage of it. But of course those devs are too happy with current status quo to ever bother further improving the optimisations, hence why they never even bothered to test ultra high resolution.

>Intel's Windows drivers are absolute dogshit.
so is glN64 :) . Bad drivers can sometimes reveal bad coding in programs.. It's not a smart move to automatically default to blaming drivers without even investigating the issue. I love how people blamed PJ64 for the BSOD, yet when it comes to graphics, they pull a 180 and never blame the plugin..

>>183565657
>ya man enjoy those hot new 8k n64 graphics.
Man i wish I could play in 8k..

>>183565278
>angrylion and parallel are the only worthwhile n64 plugins
I'd go a step further and say that only angrylion's is worthwhile. ParaLLEl is not up to par yet desu. No offence but it's just not mature.

>>183566341
Don't you feel silly for not blaming the plugin?? The refactoring was a game-changer, although it's still not up to par for my standards.
>>
$70 away from the secret rpcs3 patreon tier

patreon/nekotekina

what we know already:
>it's not ps vita emulation
>it's not a single feature (lle gcm, auto updater etc.)
>it's something that will be continuous, ongoing
>"It's something everyone will want and will benefit from..."

any ideas?
>>
>>183566646
SPs head? Will he be the based dev to take it?
>>
>>183566646
Online features?
>>
>>183566646
SPU LLVM
>>
>>183566753
>>183566646
Anyone know why he uses LLVM instead of writing his own dynarec?
>>
>>183560215
>What is the bottleneck?
I don't quite understand Gliden64 but PCSX2 has a similar issue in a few games and it's almost exclusively VRAM bandwidth related according to Gregory and even if the two consoles and emulator are barely comparable it would seem logical that VRAM bandwidth could cause some shit at extremely high res.
>>
>>183566592
>>Don't you feel silly for not blaming the plugin??
I failed to notice he was running an old version of the plugin.
>>The refactoring was a game-changer, although it's still not up to par for my standards.
It was a game changer, indeed. There were two refactors. One massively improved FB emulation. The other made the plugin easier to write new backends for.
>Like I said, most games use 16 bit color.
Which was a bad thing. A handful supported 24 bit colour. In my opinion, using 32 bit colour for everything is a quality improvement with marginal performance hit. A number of Gamecube games use 16 bit colour, and they benefit from being emulated with higher precision.
>>
>>183566823

From what I hear, LLVM is kicking everyone's ass these days....
>>
>>183565403

Nigga, they can't even emulate a lens flare in Turok 1, LOL.
>>
>>183567295
>In my opinion, using 32 bit colour for everything is a quality improvement with marginal performance hit.
That's fair, you don't have to strictly use 16-bit color. One way to easily receive some benefit for any 16bit color game (when using either sync mode or Async) is to convert the frame buffer to 16bit on GPU before copying to RAM. It cuts the size in half, which is an obvious game changer for VRAM -> RDRAM performance. Only downside is that this obviously only works for 16-bit color games, but since that's most of them, I wouldn't worry about it. I wonder if Dolphin even utilizes this technique, assuming it's even applicable to their systems..

>>183567661
I thought they fixed Turok?? DUnno cause I don't use that plugin..
>>
>>183567661
>Nigga, they can't even emulate a lens flare in Turok 1, LOL.
That's not a microcode issue as far as I'm aware. They have reverse engineered the custom ucode used by Acclaim titles, so now dynamic lighting works in Turok 2, 3, Armorines, and South Park. That's a lot more significant than a minor rendering error involving lens flares in a single Turok game.
>>
>>183567331
xenia's author said LLVM sucked when he tried to use it
>>
>>183568641

When did xenia's author use it?
>>
>>183512184
PCSXR or Xebra but be wary of their issues. PCSXR has severe corruption when loading savestates. Xebra's savestates overwrite the entire memory card instead of just the game's slot.
>>
>>183568282
>lens flares
Does that work in z64gl?
>>
>>183568727
Before it went open source. However, it seems that LLVM is good enough for PS3. Heck, even the interpreter is fast enough for many games.
>>
Just downloaded the latest nightly Retroarch. The shader option window in windowed mode is gone, whats up with that? Is it tucked away in the options somewhere? It was much more convenient than using the actual menus
>>
Are there any "unofficial" builds of desmeme like there are for citra? ideally ones that boost performance?
>>
>>183578924
i tried building it from git and there were approximately 15000 build errors in both clang and gcc
>>
File: download.png (15KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
15KB, 300x168px
Can someone post the idiots guide to PCSX2?

I know how to use it i just mean all the graphical settings to get everything looking really nice. Theres a million different guides and they all say vastly different things.

The only game im trying to play is GTA liberty city stories.
>>
File: 52252-Front_Mission_3_(E)-1.jpg (391KB, 1409x1365px) Image search: [Google]
52252-Front_Mission_3_(E)-1.jpg
391KB, 1409x1365px
What's the best emulator to play Front Mission 3? I remember i gave up on it becouse it always froze in the first stage for some reason.
>>
>>183579280
PCSX2 is quite byzantean emulator in this sense that it has lot of menus and it's not obvious how to set it up when you first start to use it.

Couple of pointers:

a) You need ps2 firmware. Go to your favorite torrent tracker, https://uj3wazyk5u4hnvtk.online/torrent/4170684/PS2_Bios_Files for example..

b) You'll need to set up your graphics and controls. I use Win10 with DS4 controller along with SCP toolkit which enables me to just plug the controller and use it. Just use defaults for graphics and emulation settings for now. I think keyboard is enabled by default so the controls are pretty straightforward - enter for start, shift for select, zxcv for buttons unless I have mistaken.

c) To load your iso file go to CDVD / browse and select your iso file. Then run the game via system/boot iso (fast).
>>
File: PCSX2_gfx_settings.jpg (145KB, 736x636px) Image search: [Google]
PCSX2_gfx_settings.jpg
145KB, 736x636px
>>183580230
About graphic settings is that you don't need much stuff. Go to Video / Plugin settings.
>>
>>183580230
How is that controller for PS2/PS1 emulation?
Does DS4 have pressure-sensitive face buttons?
Is it even possible to map pressure sensitive inputs in PCSX2?
>tfw will never be able to play psi-ops properly
>>
>>183579746
Start with PCSXR-PGXP, if that doesn't work then try using MEDNAFEN.
Beyond that, it's possible you just have a bad rip of the game itself.
>>
File: wfewfewfefew.jpg (103KB, 477x648px) Image search: [Google]
wfewfewfefew.jpg
103KB, 477x648px
>>183580649
Spoonfeeding continues, SCP toolkit supports DS3 natively. For other controllers I'm sure you can cheat it somehow.
>>
rate my filter
its just crt-easy but tweaked to be less harsh.
>>
>>183580943
That's good. Most often the shadow mask / grill is too strong. It's more pleasant to tone it down a bit.

Personally I don't look for most realistic option because if it were that realistic we would use flickering interlaced signal and your eyes would bleed badly after few hours. Just always use something which gives a good boost for pixels and right immersion.
>>
>>183580851
So I'll need a DS3 then.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>183581227
It's probably best option as DS4 controller is way too expensive anyway. I use that because... I have PS4 but otherwise I'd buy DS3 probably.
>>
>>183579746
>>183580713

Front Mission 3 will often freeze in the "PSX" emulator. It's a well known glitch.

>>183580943

Still significantly greys/dims the image.
>>
>>183579280
For GTA LCS all you need to do is use OpenGL and high internal resolution, x3 should be the closest to 1080p and add 16x AF to it and that's all, the game works perfectly.
>>
>>183579280
This is a real longshot, but does anyone know if I can emulate LCS on PPSSPP with the LCS Cheat Device?
>>
>>183581737
Im getting massive slowdown like that, and im running a 980/i5
>>
What's the deal with RPCS3 and Persona 5? They advertise that a lot but it's still borderline playable. It still crashes before neutral battle for example. I tried to play it and it crashed even during some dialog during school day. When I went to double check on RPCS3 forum Persona 5 thread they were still recommend using a build which is from April or something... I always use the daily builds but are people using something special, like custom hacked version uplaoded to Discord or something to play P5?
>>
>>183583514
You are using the latest nightly, right?
>>
>>183583698
I assume so i just downloaded it 30 minutes ago. It was the latest stable build for windows.
>>
>>183583514
Are you getting "Speed :100%" because if you're at 100% then the problem is the game, it runs like trash even in console.
I've finished it recently in my machine i5 4690K/GTX970
>>
>>183583881
it wildly fluctuates between 50 and 110%
>>
>>183583962
Try a build from one month ago also you are using OpenGL hardware, right?
Post your settings.
>>
>>183583737
>the latest stable build
Hahahaha
>>
File: opengl.png (62KB, 1005x555px) Image search: [Google]
opengl.png
62KB, 1005x555px
>>183584157
I had the resolution set to x3 before like you said, ive just been messing around with it atm.
>>
>>183584376
https://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html

download it from here.
>>
Oh look a new DS emu!

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6ozbee/announcing_corgids/
>>
>>183584542
Look better than the other two attemps.
>>
>>183581578

Is that the emulator's fault or the ROM's? What emulator should i use? Im going to try PCXR-PGXP for now
>>
>>183584451
Did it and it's running about the same. Is there nothing i should change in core settings? Theres frame limiters and speedhacks and stuff.
>>
>>183584757
im also getting grey boxes behind text and the map
>>
>>183584803
I mean performance you are getting is probably because of the emulation settings itself not because of graphics settings... You should leave the emulation settings to defaults i.e. using recomplier on every setting unless it is explicitly stated it's needed by the game in question. What is your cpu and gpu usage while running the game?
>>
>>183585018
60% cpu and probably almost nothing gpu.
>>
>>183584757
>Is that the emulator's fault or the ROM's?

Emulator. PSX has been abandoned for ages, and is filled with bugs, that being the most major.

Mednafen, or PCSX-PGXP are what you should use.
>>
How do you get the analog sticks to work with the Mednafen/Beetle HW core in RetroArch? The only thing I tried that worked was the Analog to Digital Type option in the Input menu, but it's not as good
>>
>>183583615
>like custom hacked version uplaoded to Discord or something to play P5?
Use the build from the last P5 annoucement blogpost, it has LLEgcm which fixes most crashes and teh spurs scheduler which helps performance by a bunch but lacks a few optimization done after that point, especially the anime cut scene fixes, or you can go shitpost on the discord and see if there's a better build out yet..
>>
>>183585961
I thought they would include these fixes to later official versions of RPCS3. Otherwise the development is a catastrophic mess...
>>
What happened to the guy that was porting PPSSPP to Libretro? Did he die or something?
>>
>>183586470
llegcm is under review and the scheduler is under heavy development and not public yet outside of the one build.
It'll end up in mainline sooner or later they just made the hacked build so people can enjoy stuff instead of being like the citra niggers.
>>
>>183586664
I see, thanks. Citra niggers are worst, they are trying to emulate a dying machine which was technically inferior and a mistake even when it was first conceived. Thinking about that makes me very depressed.
>>
>>183586765
>Citra niggers
Do they glow in the dark?
>>
>>183538506
Timesplitters 3, Gran Turismo 4, GTA San Andreas (has open world coop too)
>>
This question might be outside of the emu scope but, having the Dolphin bar, what else works outside the Wii titles?
>>
I want to emulate Resi Evil 2 on my toaster. Is the Gamecube version via Dolphin a good option, or would I have a better time running the PSX version?
>>
>>183589641
Why don't you try which is best? Are you stupid? Why people are so passive all the time?
>>
>>183589641
Sourcenext PC version.
Not everything has to be emulated m8, especially on a toaster.
>>
>>183590540
didn't know there was a PC version
>>
Okay, I get the guide exists, but it's not very good at answering my question. Where do I go to get Nintendo games now that isn't slow or full of fucking ads?
>>
>>183590910
READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
>>
Anyone here ever tried pizzaboy to emulate gbc on Android? I don't see anything about it on the wiki
>>
>>183585441

Thank you for your answers, i got it working for now in PCSXR, so far its fine
>>
>>183591012
Yeah, which site isn't fucking dog shit? I'm not sifting through all that.
>>
>>183566646
High res rendering.
>>
>>183591440
The very first one.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games%3F
>>
>>183591689
Doesn't RPS3 let you choose the rendering resolution?
>>
>>183591723
No, you idiot. Which site on that page, not in the OP.
>>
>>183591840
Nope.
>>
I can't seem to get SOTN to run on Mednafen.

I got the cue and bin files, but whenever I try to run it by dropping on mednafen.exe nothing happens.

The stdout says

Failed: Error opening file "C:\Users\me\Downloads\mednafen-0.9.45.1-win64\psx.cfg": No such file or directory"

The same for Castlevania.Symphony.Of.The.Night.NTSC.US.psx.cfg, it says there is no file or directory.

Anyone got the same problem and found a solution?
>>
>>183591909
THE FIRST ONE. THE INTERNET ARCHIVE
>>
>>183591975
BIOS?

Also open the cue in a text editor and make sure it does not have retarded full paths.
>>
>>183592207

The BIOS I got from that RetroArch pack are inside a folder called firmware in the mednafen folder.

The cue file only mentions BIN as "Castlevania.Symphony.Of.The.Night.NTSC.US"
>>
>>183592338
no .bin on the end?

Also judging by that file name the rip could just be broken.
>>
>>183592420

...For some reason, all I had to do was restart my computer.

Wew, thanks for the help, mate.
>>
Ok so I have downloaded CEMU and CEMU hook. Is there anything else I need to play BotW?

And could I get the game file from anywhere?
>>
I'm getting a runtime error on mednafen cores in Retroarch.
I'm trying to play Sotn and the bin+cue works with other emulators and everything I google points at Bios problems, but they're all there and I've tried swapping with others so I don't know what the fuck it could be.
>>
How's Citra these days? Last time I ever looked it was a mess, would it be feasible to play something like SMT IV or MK7 on a 2500k?
>>
>>183598593
>SMT IV
Think that's playable, not sure about on a 2500k though.
>MK7
Nope.
>>
>>183599006
Is there something with MK7 specifically that's hard to emulate or is it just a case of the emulator itself not making great progress?
>>
>>183584542
Why? melonDS is shaping up to be literally perfect. And then we have memedusa, and ndsemu, and gbe+.
>>
>>183578924
Do you have the JIT turned on? What about OpenGL rendering? If yes to both, there's no helping you. Your PC is too weak to emulate the DS.
>>
>>183599769
everyone wants part in the shitting on desmume pie
>>
>>183558469
Can ParaLLEl RDP run Gauntlet at a playable speed?

>>183565278
>why the fuck do people give a shit about gliden64?
Because they don't know better.. It can't even run Gauntlet in HLE...
>>
why the fuck do i get a black screen with sound on Beetle cores, both software and hw.

Bios should be fine, tried them with other emulators, switched them with others and checked the md5 and no cg shaders enabled
>>
>>183602007
What video backend are you using?
Do you have Hardware shared context on?
>>
>>183602007
if you're on an iDevice, this is a known issue that was just recently fixed in the latest nightlies
>>
>>183602469
gl because somehow vulkan crashes on startup.

>>183602934
I'm on windows
I also noticed that when I go into quick menu > options I get a "no core options" message. which if i remember right isn't normal
>>
>>183604090
what GPU? if you take an F8 screenshot (with "GPU screenshot" turned off), do you see the game video?
>>
>>183604241
r9 fury and nope screenshot comes out black with gpu screenshot turned off
>>
File: snp-9.png (88KB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
snp-9.png
88KB, 298x224px
Is there any website that has a DL for Sin & Punishment? Preferably the VC version (if it's possible to play that on a N64 emulator). I can't fucking find this game anywhere.
>>
>>183608003
ok so the core itself isn't working then. does your video driver match the psx renderer set in the core options? are you using vulkan or gl? have you tried both?

and you're absolutely sure that the bios checksum matches, its filename is right, and it's been placed in whatever folder is set in settings->directory->system ?
>>
I'm running Wind Waker HD at a a near constant 30, at worst 27.

How well will BotW run considering? I hear some people have been having trouble running even Wind Waker so I'm hoping this is a decent sign.

Is 1.8.2 actually of any benefit to anything?
>>
>>183566646
Very interesting way to boost Patreon bucks without jewing the fuck out of it like Cemu.
I fully expected them to do something like releasing the "secret builds" to patrons first, but I'm glad they aren't.
>>
>>183609083
The rom name is Tsumi To Batsu - Chikyuu no Keishousha. Shouldn't be hard to find Tbh senpai.

Why VC version? Dolphin VC being better than N64 emulators is nothing more than a meme..
>>
>>183609335
>I'm running Wind Waker HD at a a near constant 30, at worst 27.
>How well will BotW run considering?
Just post specs.
>>
>>183609112
I was using opengl because vulkan was crashing retroarch on startup. Downloaded Vulkan sdk and now it works and it gives no problem, still no idea what was wrong with opengl but oh well.
Thanks for the help anyway.
>>
>>183609335
Why don't you download the game and try it out yourself?
>>
>>183610037
Because I'm literally retarded.

I'm an ausfag and I only just changed to unlimited internet last month, and I'm still used to asking whether shit's worth the bandwith and completely forgot.

Thanks anyway, lads.
>>
Do the Mednafen cores for Retroarch hang at the PS1 logo for anyone else? They stay up too long and the music loops for a while once they've faded to black.
>>
>>183599453
If you can't answer that yourself, even if I answer you wouldn't understand. Also, you're in the wrong thread
>>
>>183609083
So good to see someone wanting to play this game. I'm enhancing the textures to create a pack for public download (soon)
>>
simias was the best emudev
>>
>>183529504
also, ps1 emulation existed during its lifecycle and it did just fine.
>>
>>183612542
LOL
>>
>>183613323
what's so funny
>>
>>183611517
I don't get the music loop you're speaking of, but it does hang longer there than on my actual PS1. The SCEA part before it is fine though.
>>
What gamepad would you suggest for a smartphone?

I want something with good buttons and attachment to the phone.
>>
>>183614634
just glue a dualshock 3 to the bottom
>>
>>183614634
>What gamepad would you suggest for a smartphone?

A noose.
>>
>>183614634

>>183614835
>>
>>183612130
Thanks anon. Put the link in the emulator wikia in the texture enhacement page too once you are done, so that there's more visibility.
>>
>>183609713
The rom is hard to find because Nintendo went on a purging spree a few months ago and purged all major rom sites of Nintendo games. The only one left unscathed is the Rom Depot but it has a very small collection.

Luckily however this rom is on the Rom Depot, thank god, downloading it now.
>>
>I see you're selling Raspberry Pi emulator boxes on Twitter, probably running RetroArch in one form or another since that is what 99% of those boxes revolve around.

>Given all this, I don't see why you cannot just port this yourself to a libretro core. You said you developed this emulator yourself, so a libretro port should be trivial for you. I have plenty of other stuff to do here and the only way we are getting paid now is our patreon, and that patreon tells us to work on new cores like PPSSPP and Supermodel. So that takes priority over anything else.

>Honestly, it would be nice having another Neo Geo Pocket Color core here, but what I don't like about this is that you are essentially asking us to do a core here so that you have something else to sell again for your product, while we make essentially nothing. Sorry, but this does just not sit well with me at all, and it comes off as parasitic. And even though the license essentially doesn't throw any major roadblocks your way to be able to do this, that doesn't mean it doesn't still rub me the wrong way, and that you're essentially asking us to do work here for free from which you can then profit off. That especially doesn't sit well with me at all.

> I'd encourage you therefore to make this libretro core yourself, it shouldn't be hard at all.
>>
Ok, so recently I upgraded to a totally new system, went from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The last time I tried using a Sega Saturn emulator I was using Virtual Clone Drive and my computer ended up crashing a bunch of times. This has something to do with system 32 having trouble compressing virtual drive data, a very simplified explanation but im not quite tech savy enough to explain it. I tried to fix the issue but the more I tried the more things fucked up and I ended up formatting my hard drive and restarting my system. It was that bad.

When I reinstalled windows, right out of the gate I inputted a command line code which disables the system 32 compression system altogether. Im hoping that this will be enough to prevent that same issue from happening but I am still kind of paranoid. I have yet to install Virtual Clone Drive.

Has anyone else here experienced this? I can't be the only one, this has to be a common issue many Win 10 users have faced. Can anyone give me any tips for avoiding that happening again?
>>
>>183609335
Does BotW even run any better at all on 1.8.2?
Or is it worse?

My Tropical Freeze FPS dropped a fuckload upgrading from the .7s to the .8s so I wouldnt be surprised
>>
>>183618990
>Can anyone give me any tips for avoiding that happening again?
Drop SSF and use mednafen.
>>
>>183617456

Speaking of the Wiki, one of you lazy little cocksuckers needs to get off your assholes and answer me, or imma just do whatever the fuck: http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Talk:Nintendo_Entertainment_System_emulators .
>>
>>183618990
>I upgraded
>went from Windows 7 to Windows 10
I don't think you understand the definition of upgrade, anon.
>>
>>183617964

Didn't know ROM Depot was back up. Link?
>>
>>183620775

He still uses SSF, I don't think he's the brightest, Anon.
>>
>>183620898
It's literally the first result on Google, you stupid motherfucker.
>>
Is it possible to make a .bat to execute a specific game in Mednafen?
I made one and tried: (Folderds)\Mednafen\mednafen.exe (Folders)\Tales of Phantasia (ENG).cue but it didn't worked, a CMD opened for a second, closed and Mednafen never opened.
>>
>>183621072

That was not their web address when I last used them. And why are there 3 other copycats?
>>
>>183618732
How much of that Retroarch patreon money is going to the actual authors of the emulators?
>>
>>183621587

Spaces perhaps?

Good taste, BTW. Pity it'll never be polished properly.
>>
>>183621587
>(Folderds)\Mednafen\mednafen.exe (Folders)\Tales of Phantasia (ENG).cue
Did you put those in quotation marks?
>>
>>183621692
my guess is $0.000.000.000.000
>>
>>183621692

How much do you feel like dealing with a mentally ill Dutchman?
>>
>>183617456
Will do. I've plans for at least more 2 others texture packs for N64 games
>>
>>183621782
>>183621834
I've messed around a bit, used this and got it to work.
https://somethingdifferent.wordpress.com/2016/11/30/how-to-launch-emulator-games-from-steam/

CD (Folders)\Mednafen
"(Folders)\mednafen.exe" "(Folders)\Tales of Phantasia (ENG).cue"
>>
>>183622406

>steam
>>
>>183622365
What do you do? Rewrite the text, find sprite replacement for certain images and filter the rest?
>>
Today a "small improvements" PR by @Nekotekina actually made a very popular game completely playable. Demon's Souls now no longer hangs on loading screens, and no longer crashes otherwise. The video below shows gameplay from every level in the game, and proves that it runs stable. The system requirements are high, even an i7-6700k struggles at times, but of course RPCS3 can only get faster and faster from here. For example, @kd-11 has opened this PR with performance improvements (https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/3075). However given a fast enough CPU Demon's Souls is now playable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3_WiNow_gE(edited)
>>
File: 1485235573127.jpg (143KB, 758x505px) Image search: [Google]
1485235573127.jpg
143KB, 758x505px
Guys for gba games mgba or mednafen?
>>
>>183621050
>He still uses SSF, I don't think he's the brightest, Anon.
>implying there's a better saturn emulator
top kek
>>
>>183622896
mgba
>>
>>183622896

mgba by a country mile. mednafen uses the wholly obsolete Visualboy Advance.
>>
>>183622664
Well that's quite something, I guess money is an hell of an incentive, maybe there should be a PCSX2 kickstarter to get better developers oh oh oh
>>
>>183622949
>>183623120
Ok thank you.
>>
File: 1420770504239.gif (814KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1420770504239.gif
814KB, 300x225px
>>183622930

>requiring physical media to run
>>
>>183623192
pcsx2 is fine stop memeing.
>>
>>183622567
It's simple, but take a long time to do:
1. Dump ALL the textures (you're only able to do this by playing the entire game, loading every possible screen, including menus)
2. Scale them all to x2 or x4 (you can go texture by texture using an image editor or use some app to scale all files in a folder).
3. Filter the ones that have lower details, do some manual edition when the results are not good.
4. Go scene by scene in-game with the new textures trying to catch something wrong/out of place.
5. Optional: create a disk cache for the textures to share in a single file.
>>
File: Screenshot_80.jpg (21KB, 274x193px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_80.jpg
21KB, 274x193px
>>
Does the mednafen for Saturn allow higher resolutions now?
>>
>>183624000
Nope, maybe in the next update? Where can I see the source code?
>>
>>183623757
WHAT IS FUCKING SECRET?
>>
>>183623530
Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with using emulators like nesticle or zsnes too.
>>
>>183624130
Dammit, why.
>>
>>183623495

>some autistic mod from /vr/ added part of a post I got banned over to the site-wide spamfilter.

Truly, hotpocketeers are the worst.
>>
>>183618990
use chdssf
>>
>>183624000

>needing higher res

>being this much of a spoiled millennial faggot

I'm curious Anon, what part of "accurate emulation" don't you get?
>>
>>183624264
>We hire MSF to raid the Sony's HQ to get PS3 and PS4 schematics
>>
>>183624386
>it's impresive RPCS3 plays demons souls really poorly after 10 years
>it's not impressive that PCSX2 plays like 90% of PS2's library perfectly, almost 10 years ago
>>
>>183618990
Honestly, just pirate daemon's tools and never update it.
It works perfectly and you can disable al lthe background shit, in fact at this point it uses less ram and cpu than the free alternatives while having higher compatibility.
>>
>>183624769

>it's not impressive that PCSX2 plays like 90% of PS2's library perfectly, almost 10 years ago

Anon, I don't even use PCSX2 regularly and know that's a load of horseshit.
>>
>>183624769
>PCSX2 plays like 90% of PS2's library perfectly
fuck off with your lies, pcsx2 dev.
>>
>>183624790
>pirate daemontools and disable background shit
this
newer versions of ssf don't work for me so chdssf isn't an option. I like the idea though.
>>
>>183624631
Interesting.

>>183619448
Hopefully the steep learning curve for mednafen is worth enduring.

>>183624790
Doesnt daemon's tool also work as a disc mounter? So is the problem Virtual Clone Drive?
>>
>>183624769
PCSX2 can't play 20% of the PS2 library perfectly, and even if marked on the wiki as "perfect", you don't need to hunt morte than 1 minute to see some problems. PS2 emulation is bad and anyone pretending that PCSX2 is a good emulator is hurting the scene, we need higher standards, this is why so many NDS emulators are showing up now
>>
>>183625130
Yes, it works as a CD image mounter, ramdisk and CD/DVD burner and bunch of other shit you probably have no use for, but the image mounter is perfect.
>>
>>183624720
I already played those games on original hardware, why would I need to suffer through super low resolution again? Especially when I don't have a good CRT anymore and that's only going to look WORSE than in my memories?
Fuck you you goddamn faggot. Saturn res was really too low for some games and there's no reason at all to for exemple stick to default Sega Rally resolution when it's Model 2 version had much higher res
>>
>>183625142
*hunt more than
>>
>>183624790
>>183625076

>trusting a dev after they start bundling malware

>ever

I bet you loved Project64 too, faggot.
>>
>>183625282
Don't forget about CPU overlclock, this feature can make wonders in games that had bad framerates on the original system (I'm looking at you Burning Rangers)
>>
>>183625392
Learn2computers
>>
>>183624968
>>183625142
>>183624975
Shitposters gonna shitpost.
>>
>>183625130
>steep learning curve
Put proper bios in firmware dir, drop cue on exe, alt-shift-1 to configure controls. F1 for help.
>>
>>183625282

So you admit that you're a spoiled fuckhead who thinks everyone could experience those games the first time around. Gotcha.
>>
>>183625512

How is installing a known security hazard being better at computing? Are you high?
>>
>>183625596
No anon, you're the fuckhead. Where did I say that you're not allowed to experience those games with their 100% accurate emulation if you so choose? There's nothing wrong with asking for more OPTIONS, millennial faggot.
>>
Dolphin and PCSX2 let you over and underclock the CPU, now, I have used it to underclock to get a laggy game to a playable state synched with the sound, but has anyone felt the need to overclock? And why?
>>
>>183625781
No, but you must be as if the "installing" was literally "Do you want to install x" checkbox which you probably skipped without reading.
>>
>>183625527

>everything i dont like is shitposting

You'd make a good Janitor, I'll grant you that.
>>
>>183625527
You don't have some news report to do about the PCSX2 recent progress? Unless... the emulator don't have progress to report at all... hmm...
>>
>>183625596
and you spoiled like that whining faggot who had to go to a kotaku article about how to play games like Okami at high resolution telling everyone that it was ruining the game.

I am not that anon, I replay my PS2 games and you know why I don't use the console that I still have and the disks that still work? Because the low res hurts my eyes, is annoying. I get head aches.
>>
>>183625804
Yeah, some games had framerate issues on real hardware, overclocking can make them run at a stable framerate.
>>
>>183625595

IT"S TOO COMPLEX SPOONFEED ME GOOEY GOOEY NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>183625804
The Zelda Collection for Gamecube needs dolphin to be overclocked to at least 150% to be payable or 200% for good measure to prevent any slowdowns.

I tried underclocking and overclocking with PCSX2 and Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories because it runs really bad but it amde no difference, I mean the game in a real console runs at like 18FPS at times.
>>
>>183626002
So basically, you would use it for games like Shadow of Colossus, but it does not mean you can make it run at more than 60 FPS for people with Monitors at 144 Hz?
>>
>>183625803

>no u
>>
>>183625392
>I bet you loved Project64 too, faggot.
I guess i deserve that.
DaemonTools 4.47.10333 can be installed from the command line without malware and with these reg commands to disable telemetry:
dtinstaller.exe /S /nogadget /notoolbar /sptd /D="path to install location"

REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Disc Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\Config" /f /v "Automount" /t REG_DWORD /d "0"
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Disc Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\Config" /f /v "Autostart" /t REG_DWORD /d "0"
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Disc Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\Config" /f /v "CheckForUpdate" /t REG_DWORD /d "0"
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Disc Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\Config" /f /v "SendStatistic" /t REG_DWORD /d "0"
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Disc Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\Config" /f /v "UpdateCheckCounter" /t REG_DWORD /d "0"
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Disc Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\Config" /f /v "UseTrayAgent" /t REG_DWORD /d "0"
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Disc Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\GuiNamespace" /f /v "AskDeleteICItem" /t REG_DWORD /d "1"
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Disc Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\GuiNamespace" /f /v "AskImageInUse" /t REG_DWORD /d "0"
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Disc Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\GuiNamespace" /f /v "AskRemoveVD" /t REG_DWORD /d "0"
REG ADD "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Disc Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro\Options" /f /v "ManageIsImageInfoEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d "0"

This ensures a 'safe' install of the tool you need for ssf.
>>
>>183625846

Many versions installed whether you wanted them to or not, you foul toad.
>>
>>183626359
HAHAHAHAHA.
>I was too stupid to read a checkbox so it must be your fault
>>
>>183625991

It sounds like you need a visit to the doctor, yuro-kun. That ain't normal.
>>
Which emudev would you like to meet in real life?
>>
File: Capture.png (33KB, 905x625px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
33KB, 905x625px
>>183626253
Just pirate that shit and disable all the stuff you don't need and then go to the task manager - Startup and disable the Daemon tools lite entry,
This way you can easily mount images just by double clicking and eject them by right clicking from the driver, like a physical driver would work.
The Daemon's Tool service only gets launched if you mount an image.
>>
>>183626576
rachel
>>
>>183626576
That Tranny faggot who worked on Dolphin for shit nobody cares about, so I can tell everyone I met a Ghost.
>>
>>183626473

>uncheck box

>installs anyway

>silent install

All of which happened, for multiple versions.
>>
>>183626576

Rhyphecha.
>>
check if wincdemu works with ssf. it works in linux
>>
>>183627420
No.
>>
>>183627795

Yes.
>>
>>183622484
The blog's about that, I personally don't care about that, I just wanted to make a shortcut in my desktop to launch the game automatically and I sucessfully did, end of the story.

>>183624386
ZSnes works perfecly unless you're an autistic faggot with photographic memory.

>>183625596
>>I wanna play a game with an enhanced quality, what do?
>HOLY SHIT ANON, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT YOU MUST PLAY VIDEOGAMES IN THE EXACT. SAME. WAY. EVERYONE ELSE PLAYED THEM SINCE THE VERY FIRST DAY THEY WERE RELEASED? ENHANCEMENTS?! NON-SENSE!
Go and motherfucking kill yourself scumbag, thank you very much.
>>
>>183623757

What a shameless money grab honestly.
>>
>>183628747

Nigger- The Post!
>>
>>183625950
iI doesn't.
PCSX2 is a dead end. Only Play! can save us.
>>
>>183628998
Depends if what they're going to show is meaninful or not... fuck, they don't posted yet
>>
>>183629357
Talking about Play!, people should be adding more results to the compatibility list, I was the last one to add anything there and that was 6 days ago (in that time I made the compatibility list for CxBx-Reloaded)
>>
>>183629384
3AM in European part of Russia now.
>>
>>183629597
Well they would do do but anyone who cares just plays there ps2 games in pcsx2 and does not give a fuck about autistic screaching about muh hacks.
They just want to play the games bro.
>>
>>183629975
PCSX2 is not enough and you know it, any other project deserve at least some bug reports and compatibility feedback, it's not like he's asking for money or anything, is always good to have some alternatives
>>
>>183629357
Not to shit on anyone's parade but a genuine question, how can there be faith in a new project that goes against an existing one that has been going for years even with all its flaws? I mean that even if at base it might have better ideas, what could draw others towards it?

Although, why can't PCSX2 have a better UI? Why there is no customizable hotkeys in the GUI, why is it so prone to crashing when tweaking plugins without even a game running? Why no 64 bit executable?
>>
>>183626576
Martin Korth, aka nocash
>>
>>183630610
Isn't that guy a literal hobo?
>>
>>183630558
>>Although, why can't PCSX2 have a better UI? Why there is no customizable hotkeys in the GUI, why is it so prone to crashing when tweaking plugins without even a game running?
Probably stems from them using the remnants of PCSX/PCSXR's UI, which was a buggy mess. They need to remake it in Qt.
>>
>>183630558
Just look at the MelonDS in some months, people just get tired of shit barely working on DeSmuME and one by one they replace their emulator of choice. A shame Play! don't get more attention + more devs.
>>
>>183630263
Oh i agree. But the fact of the matter is people type ps2 emulator in to google what is the first thing it results? pcsx2 is the top one. So people will be more inclined to use that one. Play! is good but it is still behind pcsx2 people can screach about hacks all they want but the fact is that pcsx2 plays the games, to the end user he does not give a fuck what the emulator has to do to get the game playing. We only care because of autism.
>>183630558
The UI does suck ass. It looks like a .net app from 2003.
>>
>>183630809
Pretty much:
>However, in the past two years I ended up with too less money - which isn't really fun - I needed to borrow some money, and currently, a bag of coffee can appear like a big investment
>>
>>183631110
well, he's just poor, not a hobo.
Hobos don't buy coffee in bulk.
source: am an actual hobo.
>>
>>183631038
>We only care because of autism.
Since we are going by 4chan standard of autism, well you need a bit of it for emulators, just how often is a drag and drop operation? And even then you always need to tweak options, resolution, aspect ratio and such.

>>183630995
>DeSmuME
Is it true that you can't use the quicksave/load function within it when playing Pokemon Heart Silver?
>>
>>183631530
You can, but those games degrade over time in DeSmuME due to some unknown bug and will eventually freeze. So, it's recommended to just use ingame saves, and not savestates.
>>
>>183631665
>You can, but those games degrade over time in DeSmuME due to some unknown bug and will eventually freeze
This is the first time I've seen some shit like this, DeSmuME code must be so well done...
>>
>>183631038
PCSX2 is from 2002.
>>
>>183631839
if you want to hate on plebbit, head to /r/emulation and be with other likeminded individuals.
>>
>>183631843
Yes and?
Do you always just jump in to things with a random bit of trivia that nobody gives a fuck about?
>>
>>183631930
>plebbit
*desmume
>_<
>>
>>183632037
Do you always talk back like a bitch?
>>
>Gamecube, sold least, had less exclusives gets the best emulator
>PSP, sold least, was shunned by most devs, get a better emulator than the portable loved and played by all kind of players
>WiiU get a working emulator while games are still being released for it.......except the console is a flop and they won't make games for it anymore.

I swear, if the Switch stopped selling tomorrow the next week there would be an emulator for it.
>>
>>183631930
>if you want to hate on plebbit, head to /r/emulation and be with other likeminded individuals.
Being like you? Because you could easily add to this discussion by pointing why this problem exist or any other case of something similar, but no, you're too lazy/stupid for rational discussion.
>>183632069
> >_<
kys retard
>>
>>183632106
Only when a person jumps in to conversation where he is not wanted and makes an ass out of himself.
>hurr duurrr pcsx2 was made in 2002
>>
>>183632327
Whatever you say, bitch.
>>
>>183632363
No. You can't just play it off cool when you just sperged out like that.
>muh trivia
>>
>>183632495
I just did, bitch.
>>
As we are talking about Play! why in the balls will it not map R2 and L2 buttons on an xinput device?
>>
>>183632216
>gets the best emulator
shader stuttering is awful..
>>
>>183632762
It's been fixed.
https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-5702-dolphin-latest-x64.7z
>>
>>183629975

This is bait, you morans.
>>
>>183633378
This is bait, you morans.
>>
File: 9b6.gif (60KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
9b6.gif
60KB, 250x200px
>>183631384
>>
>>183633378
PCSX2 is from 2002.
>>
>>183631930

Go fuck yourself zeromus.
>>
File: 1423826162990.gif (2MB, 388x268px) Image search: [Google]
1423826162990.gif
2MB, 388x268px
>>183632318

No, you don't understand: you need to suck my dick harder! HARDER GODS DAMN YOU!!!!
>>
bumperino
>>
>>183632979
thanks for posting that. It really has been improved.
>>
>>183629139
(You).
>>
>>183633734
don't cry grammar nazi
i hobo for thee
>>
>>183633860
zeromus did nothing wrong
>>
>>183638984
this, desu.
>>
I've been running into something I think is an issue. Well, at least I can't make it work the same way as on the hardware.

When playing Super Metroid, I've noticed that my 'down' inputs aren't being treated the same way they are on hardware. To perform tricks like the "mockball", I need to be holding sideways and then press 'down' after a while. The resulting input is of course a diagonal, yet there's no way any emulator will perform the trick, while I've been inputting this on hardware with no problems.

I use a DS3 with ScpServer, which I'm pretty sure is where the problem lies, but I have no clue as to how to solve it. Do any of you have an idea on how to tackle this?
>>
>>183641341
does the combo work on keyboard? have you tried alternative mapping solutions?
>>
>>183640023
>>183638984

t.zeromus
>>
What do you guys think of those "emulators in browser" type sites like Vizzed or SNESfun? Useful, or pointless?
>>
>>183641341
You're just retarded. You don't hold left or right to perform the trick.
>>
>>183643297
They are terrible. I'm embarrassed for you for even asking.
>>
https://github.com/mgba-emu/mgba/commit/ef82480a8b94f5c7ed39f8f747914c229752a44e

lolwut
>>
>>183643763
I just remembered Vizzed existed as I used it all the way back in middle school. I went to it tonight and it looks fucking malware ridden.
>>
>>183559760
>proper blending
neither can GLideN64 LOL
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1488
>>
>>183643605
You are right. I'm fucking retarded. Thanks for remiding me how this thing works.
>>
>>183643297
I got to try Final Fantasy III on Emuparadise without having to bother doing anything so they have their usefulness, certainly.
>>
>>183645016
>BUT IT'S NOT CYCLE ACCURATE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>183645365
What is cycle accurate?
>>
>>183645824
your mom accurately cycles my dick
>>
fucking summer. get out of here kids.
>>
>>183647719
>if i complain about summerfags i will look like an oldfag and fit in.
We are not buying it. Fuck off.
>>
>>183648006
alright then. pls tell us another good mom-burn. those are classic.
>>
>>183649104
I told you to fuck off. You are not getting the hint. That is a sign of true autism. Now fuck off.
>>
>>183649210
>I told you
did you tell me? You run this show, you living joke of a shitposter? how bout nah and kys, thanks.
>>
>>183649706
>Do i fit in yet guys.
>>
>>183650464
hold on summerfag, i got a dick-joke for you i know you'll love.
>>
>>183496510
>>183499082
What is this screenshot from, and where does this info come from on this hot box of rocks?
>>
>>183651829
>What is this screenshot from
Policenauts (Japan) (Disc 2)
>>
>>183651669
>See guys i can be just as epic as you were back in 2003 please let me in the club.
>>
>>183652001
>>183651669
>>183650464
>>183649706
>>183649210
>>183649104
>>183648006
>>183647719
>caring this much about what another anon said on the internet
>>
>>183653218
Have to do something while i wait on a dl. Why not call out a faggot who is trying so hard to fit in.
>>
>>183653369

>he allows himself to become this bored

Pathetic.
>>
What's your gender?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13517401
>>
>>183655305
African american lesbian squirrel attack helicopter.
>>
Any of you guys here have the entire PS1 catalog? If so what was the size of the collection and did you download it all at once or just downloaded as much as you could each day before shutting your PC off?
>>
>>183625804
>but has anyone felt the need to overclock? And why?
Yeah, on PS2 it's a no-brainer considering the number of games that dip siginificantly, on NGC there's a few games that dip significantly but those are often too demanding for even a good desktop CPU to handle even at 100% clock so can't do much (looking at you MoH), still was fun playing some TS2 with absolutely 0 dips.

>>183626208
No because ost games implement a hard cap at 30/60 or something else like 15/20.
>>
>>183657047
Mine is about 800gb for US. I got mine all at once. My PC doesn't shut off.
>>
>>183657047
The NTSC-U ReDump collection on Archive is 539GB.
>>
Alright so my friend is building a new computer and he gave me his old toaster.
Specs are
i32120
GTX 750ti
8gb DDR3
Am I good to run GC and ps2?
>>
>>183657047

I've got all of Asia and North America. Downing Europe as we speak. Even with zip compression it is easily 2TB, and I exclude shit like unlicensed and demos.

Because I have cable, I just leisurely down about three at a time (except when I torrented the Asia set because that wasn't available on the wiki at that point in time).
>>
>>183657310
Somewhat, not all games will run on that CPU.
>>
>>183657389
I assume that pcsx2 is the one to cause problems?
>>
>>183654840
>not doing your duty to call out faggots
I don't let cancer spread. So you can fuck off as well with him and go to plebbit.
>>
>>183657647

Go fuck a rake shithead.
>>
>>183565403
>The other is dead in the water because the dev is a drama queen who jumped ship
What's the story on this? who quit?
>>
>>183657757
See you a cancer that i have removed. Stop being angry at me and fuck off back to the place where cancerous tumours go. The incinerator.
>>
>>183659210

>hurr hurr hurr garble GAG

You sound just as stupid as a whore deepthroating my dick. No proper technique.
>>
>>183659362
>being this triggered from being told to go to plebbit.
This shows you are not ready to be here.
>>
>>
>>183659606

>hork hork hork HORK

There you go, making that stupid fucking noise again.
>>
So I installed project 64 for the first time. Core games run well but I have problems installing texture packs. I downloaded the one for ahdow man. I have a 2.3.2 version it says to put textures into texture folder. Old guides say to create high_res folder or something like that. Should I just unpack the files into textures folder or unpack the folder and rename it into something or what? Shit was much easier with dolphin desu.
>>
File: DEANdwyUAAAKsIy.jpg large.jpg (7KB, 200x169px) Image search: [Google]
DEANdwyUAAAKsIy.jpg large.jpg
7KB, 200x169px
>>183659830
>>
Dear /emugen/,

am I playing the Devil's fiddle for being able to tolerate modern MAME and the developers?
>>
File: maximumtrollingbysynkni.gif (212KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
maximumtrollingbysynkni.gif
212KB, 720x479px
>>183660012
>>
>>183657246
>My PC doesn't shut off.

I'd love to be able to do this but it just isn't really a possibility where I live. I would just have to download some at a time until I get the collection.

PS1 has so many gems to play.
>>
>>183660314

>huehuelanders among us
>>
>>183660489

Fuck off mooch.
>>
>>183660812
Fuck off SP
>>
>>183660812
>>183660875
Fuck off faggots
>>
>>183660940
Lead by example.
>>
>>183660875

Fuck off Bill Cosby.
>>
File: 1421006153545.gif (2MB, 817x537px) Image search: [Google]
1421006153545.gif
2MB, 817x537px
>>183660940
>>183660995

Suck each other off, for my amusement.
>>
>>183661140
So now mooch is a gay cuck as well. Who knew.
>>
>>183661140
>he's actually gay
hahaha
>>
help pcem won't build in ubuntu 17.04.

https://pastebin.com/0nLarB1H
>>
>>183661428
it's fucked. find something else. I tried building it just now on Arch and got "undefined reference to `FETCH'".
>>
>>183496510
Fuck Nintendo and their copyright autism.
>>
>>183663507
>Wahh, Nintendo is making it harder for me to steal their games. Fuck them!!!
>>
Question for folks who emulate Android with Nox.

I was playing a game on Nox earlier today, when it went down for maintenance. Nothing special, just wait it out. When I tried to load it, it just sends me back to the play store, and tells me that the game is not available in my country. I had to download it through apkpure much earlier, and it's definitely updated already. Will this erase my saved data, or will it be fine? I've never had to do this before, so I'm totally clueless.
>>
>>183663670
Where the fuck are you, then?
>>
>>183663670
>steal
">Wahh, Nintendo is making it harder for me to steal their games. Fuck them!!!"
I just stole your post
>>
>>183663507
they get more money when 12 y/os try to find ROM downloads and give up after three google results and beg their parents instead
>>
>>183663963
yea nah you havent had a market since the PS1 shit on your superfagicom and all the devs knew it
>>
>>183663963
>thevious
Not a word Nintendo.
>>
>>183664196
>he fixed the typo
hahahhahaa good cuck.
>>
>>183662632
it built on arch for me
>>
Even No$GBA was updated, DeSmuME sure will have to improve FAST to not be ignored soon
>>
>>183665712
Desmume updates almost daily
>>
>>183668818
update != improvement
>>
>>183669056
You're the one bringing up updates as if they mean shit.
>>
>>183669170
They're showing the growing interest from devs in the NDS scene recently, this is the context. DeSmuME stagnated to death, no wonder so many projects are showing up. If only we had such interest in the PS2 emulation too...
>>
>>183669379
Well yea Play! could be something if pcsx2 was not the king.
Well we could push play! as the recommended emu on the wiki. People have shown they will play with a unfinished dev version of an emulator(Cemu). So why not start using it and "put up with" the many glitches and bugs? Can't be as bad as pcsx2s bug right?
>>
File: 1500549023764.gif (985KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1500549023764.gif
985KB, 480x272px
are you ready?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3_WiNow_gE
>>
>>183669959
>People have shown they will play with a unfinished dev version of an emulator
Cemu didn't get any traction until it actually played some game in somewhat acceptable conditions, play! doesn't even do that yet.
>>
>>183670397
But pcsx2 uses hacks. Why should we back an emulator that is not pure? I have seen enough people moan about it here all the damn time. Some obscure game refuses to play on pcsx2 so that is warrent for it's termination and efforts put in to Play!.
>>
vita emulation when
>>
>>183670618
>Why should we back an emulator that is not pure?
Unless you can proivide an alternative that looks viable there's no reason to switch.
I'm more than willing to support projects that show somepromise even if they're currently worse, Play! isn't just worse it's fucking unusable and has been in development since forever with nearly nothing to show for it because the main dev just treats it as a small side project which is fine but does mean any progress will be slow as fuck.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (556KB, 837x497px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
556KB, 837x497px
>>183670834
>he doesn't know
>>
>>183670895
So we have to have lower standards as a cop out. Pathetic to be honest. When you have a choice of 0 or shit why do you all become hypocrites and choose shit?
>>
>>183670618
>hurr durr muh pure emu
Even offloading stuff to your GPU is a "hack".
>>
File: takakazu8.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
takakazu8.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>183671134
looks totally legit
>>
>>183671297
Exacly. Any emu that is made that is recommended by this general or anywere else should use 0 hacks or bust.
Anything less is lowering our standards and we can't have lower standards round here. I want perfect codeing on everything or it is fucking shit that is only worth the time on a HDD in the recycle bin just before you empty it.
>>
File: Capture.png (648KB, 1049x565px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
648KB, 1049x565px
>>183671382
Still technically playing VITA games while on my computer, close enough.

>>183671554
So you want no emulators to be recomended by /emugen/?
>>
>>183671554
enjoy playing nothing after SNES for the rest of this lifetime. you'd have more success trying to convince publishers to do complete remakes for native PC.
>>
>>183671659
Why not? We have standards round here. No hacks. No fraud patreon. No tranny devs. No shit emulators.
>>183671685
You are an unbeliever, propper emulator followers have high standards. If a emu cannot do emulation 100% the way the orginal console does it it is shit and not worthy of us.
>>
>>183671859
> If a emu cannot do emulation 100% the way the orginal console does it it is shit and not worthy of us.
From this day onward /emugen/ shall be known as /DICEgen/
>>
>>183671859
there's a difference between high standards and how motivated devs are to produce good work. if you feel that strongly about it, work on an emulator yourself or donate to existing accuracy projects like Xebra, cen64, and melonDS.
>tranny devs
lol
>>
rpcs3 secret reveal: $3000 and we'll give Persona 5 playable framerate :^)
https://www.patreon.com/posts/thank-you-for-13264987
>>
>>183671970
>there's a difference between high standards and how motivated devs are to produce good work.
There is 0 difference. If devs are to lazy to conform to our standards we will call them faggots not even look at their "work". Fucking devs work on a popularity contest around here anyway. No hacks no trannys no blogs about there life that nobody gives a fuck about. Perfect emu utopia.
>>
>>183672139
Anon that was already the $2k goal, $3k goal is muh 4k rezolushun
>>
>>183672272
>>183671859
>>183671554
>>183670618
>>183669959

Garbage and nonsense. What you propose is completely unworkable and entirely impractical. I say this as someone who only uses accurate emulators.

It's not up to us to become advocates, only to report what appears to be the consensus among the General.
>>
>>183672720
Well then you have proven yourself to be a sycophant with low standards. A baby that needs aborting before it polutes the world with it's shit view.
>>
>>183672801
t. illiterate retard
kys
>>
>>183673085
It's true. The emu scene would be better off if we had a purge of low standard faggots like you. Your standards are lower than mine so you burn with the rest. Simple as.
If it is not perfect emulaton without hacks it does not deserve to exist.
>>
File: dont3.jpg (58KB, 596x591px) Image search: [Google]
dont3.jpg
58KB, 596x591px
>>183673210
>>
File: 1461043837283.jpg (36KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
1461043837283.jpg
36KB, 309x309px
>>183673651
>being so ass blasted by my high standards he passive aggressively trys to call me a child.
In to the oven you sycophant. You will be the first to burn next to those inaccurate shit you call emulators.
>>
File: accurate.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
accurate.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>183678995
>>
>>183681930
Which version?
>>
>>183682493

Looks like the first one, 2 had better graphics
>>
File: smugwithamug.png (260KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwithamug.png
260KB, 400x400px
https://github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/145

Jesus Christ
>>
>>183659679
Source?
>>
File: Revelations Persona cover.jpg (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Revelations Persona cover.jpg
94KB, 500x500px
Is there any way to play Snow Queen Quest on PSX with english readable text?
I would have played the japanese version but I wouldn't understood a damn thing.
>>
>>183686086
https://www.loveroms.com/download/gameboy-advance/pokemon-fire-red-version-u/39
>>
>>183665712
There are still a few more years before melonds and medusa become viable for casual use.
>>
>>183665712
By any chance, when will the guys at Drastic think about releasing a PC port?

>>183686329
Nope. Get the psp port if you want to do snow queen.
>>
>>183686351
I meant the shader.
>>
>>183687685
And in which system would you recommend to play Persona: on PC or phone?
>>
>>183688479
Is it up for debate? Whichever is more comfortable/convenient for you.
>>
>>183688057
No problem
>>
Anyone tried Tokyo Jungle on latest RPCS3? I'm having an issue where the screen constantly flickers with black frames, but as seen in
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AayeX7LX4IE
it somehow can be fixed
aside from that game seems to work fine on my 6600K@4,5GHz and RX480 8GB
>>
Can you use the Switch controller's gyro to play Wii games on Dolphin yet?
>>
>>183671259
Because people would rather play a game than not? Are you retarded?
PCSX2 gets the job done and you can enable enhancements to it, that's more than enough for anyone that's not a fucking autist.
>>
>>183687685
>>By any chance, when will the guys at Drastic think about releasing a PC port?
>I also intend to work on getting the Raspberry Pi version in a better state, and then I can most likely release more or less equivalent builds for Linux and Windows PCs (just x86 desktop, not Windows Phone)
Source: http://drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4828
>>
>>183686086
It's gba-colors, with retro-v2 as the second pass.

The glsl version of this works on my Galaxy Note 5 and it looks really good on that.
>>
>tfw you get memed on by shitty USB power delivery coupled with DS4windows lying about the battery being full
Inputmapper might be a pile of garbage in every other aspect but at-least it tells me when the batteries are empty
>>
>i've installed Droid4X on the past
how fucked am i?
>>
Where does everyone get their PS3 games for testing with RCPS3? I checked Emugen Wiki and their links were helpful to a point but the PSN DL packages list is missing a lot of titles, like NieR and some Yakuza games.
>>
>>183696139
We rip them off our own legally purchased original copies like the morally upstanding, law abiding citizens that we are.
>>
File: Rez.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rez.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Holy shit Rez is only 91mb, what the hell

Also works perfect.
>>
>>183696983
Well I wouldn't even mind doing that except I don't have a blu-ray drive to do it with.
>>
>>183665712
No$gba's update was very minor, did you even check the changelog? DeSmeME gets improvements all the time. Check the commits, they've been getting a bunch of speed improvements over the last few days.
>>
>>183696139
There's no real best place to get PS3 games yet. What I do is check in this order PSNdl > TPB > ps3iso.
>>
>>183697603
Also, Emugen Wiki says to decrypt files you get on PSNdl with the PKG utility, but what do you do with that? I installed the package via the emulator, since that's what RPCS3's site says to do, but I just get the error: "E LDR: Failed to mount disc directory for the disc game BLUS30443"

The directions of wiki, PS3 piracy on the console itself, and now emulation, kinda blend together to make it a bit confusing.
>>
>>183698526
>disc game
They are different. Don't install them?
>>
>>183698824
Oh, okay, I think I was confusing it for a digital game instead. Thanks.
>>
What was the Paper Mario romhack that was released recently some people were hyped for? I wanted to try it, but apparently whatever I downloaded isn't working and I can't remember what it was called
>>
>>183700342
>Paper Mario romhack that was released recently
In google, if you click Tools you'll get the option to search within a time period.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Paper+Mario+romhack&tbs=qdr:m
>>
>>183698824
So hang on, perhaps I'm nuts, but if you have a .pkg file (from say PSNdl), install it and just run it, right? And if you have a disc game (I assume the folder itself with PS3_GAME and what not), you run that separately? I've done that and it just keeps giving me the same mounting error.
>>
>>183700759
Thanks mate, I'm just a dumbass and when I tried that originally I glanced over it as just being the modding tools
>>
>>183701519
I have little experience with rpcs3, but: keep disc games in other folder than dev_hdd and start them with "boot>boot game". For pkg, install it and copy rap to proper dir.
>>
>>183702075
Yeah, that's what the instructions seemed to be saying. The thing is all downloads on PSNdl come as .pkg files, and the emulator can't run it, but even after extracting it it still produces the mounting error.
>>
File: BdRSaF4.jpg (169KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
BdRSaF4.jpg
169KB, 2592x1944px
Quasi-VI filter being added to Parallel RDP, also a way to enable/disable dithering.

Some of the screenshots in here have dithering enabled, others have it disabled.

http://imgur.com/a/XjFox
>>
File: mpv-shot0006.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0006.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
>>183702961

This is direct capture from an N64 for comparison.
>>
File: ENnO4ZV.jpg (210KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
ENnO4ZV.jpg
210KB, 2592x1944px
>>
>Cemu gets $20K+ a month
>RPCS3 is still only $3K a month

Why.
>>
>>183671685
PS1 is getting a cycle accurate emulator anon...
>>
>>183702961
>>183703208
It looks like fucking hqx.

Also that banding is just absurd; the real thing definitely didn't have that.

it's shit
>>
>>183703195
>This is direct capture
>Composite > capture card > bilinear rescale > youtube compression > jpg compression
>>183702961
>>183703208
Doesn't look right at all. Look at some screenshots from HDMI modded consoles.
>>
>>183704047

That's with dithering turned off. You can enable/disable it. Dithering can tend to look really bad if you try to upscale the image, which is what that high-end VI filter mode does.

Also, don't lie. It looks fucking nice.
>>
Anyone have any luck with emulating Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy yet?
>>
>>183683157

Holy fuck it's still going
>>
>>183687491
I've finished Order of Ecclesia on 0.4 with a very good performance, if 0.5 is somehow near the jumpo from 0.3 to 0.4, I will already drop DeSmuME
>>
>>183705309
Just play it on your phone.
>>
>>183697458
>DeSmeME
And here I don't think that was a typo
>>
>>183705912
lol, wtf. I swear that's typo.
>>
>>183704451

>Doesn't look right at all. Look at some screenshots from HDMI modded consoles.

Dude, I think you don't know just how badly regular VI filter looks, and you are looking at it with rose tinted nostalgia glasses.
>>
File: Blast Corps (USA)-170724-051920.png (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Blast Corps (USA)-170724-051920.png
3MB, 2592x1944px
>>183704451

Can you show me a HLE graphics plugin (or even Angrylion + VI filter) that can render text/2D elements as nicely as this ?
>>
>>183703568
Because Breath of the Wild, and also because Nintendo is special and inherently more deserving of emulation.
>>
>>183696991
Is the audio good or is it fucked?
Still good to know redream is officially a good DC emulator.
>>
>>183705803
I only have 2 gigs of space on my phone and 1 gig is taken up by apps
>>
>>183707582
Steal better phone.
>>
>>183707862
But I live in a shithole where good phones are hard to come by
>>
https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/3083

Another nice update to RPCS3

Jesus this guy is on fire
>>
>>183703208
>http://imgur.com/a/XjFox
How's the performance on ParaLLEL? games like Scud Racer and other BOSS games run?
>>
>>183708432
Yeah, give him a year.
>>
>>183707975
My burner phone cost $30 USD and has more internal storage and external microsd support

The fuck are you doing?
>>
File: 3d3f.png (43KB, 171x200px) Image search: [Google]
3d3f.png
43KB, 171x200px
>>183706958
Is there a joke I'm not getting here?
It's PCSX2
I already have the physical DC version, and there's no reason to emulate the DC version since it's 30FPS only. It's 60FPS on PS2.

Yes the audio is absolutely perfect, and I've played the DC version on real hardware for like a hundred hours, I would definitely notice the slightest difference in sound or rhythms: there's none in the first 4 levels at least.

Even the vibrations are
This will do nicely until I get a PS4 with Infinite.
>>
>>183709676
waiting for someone to tell me whether I can emulate the game or not
>>
So where am I supposed to get a copy of DeS Illegally. I bought the game digitally, but now that my PS3 dead, I don't think I can dump it from there. Is this even possible with out cfw? I just downloaded it from psndl, but RPCS3 there is not PS3_Disc folder with sfb
>>
>>183710898
learn to pirate
>>
File: a081.jpg (71KB, 600x696px) Image search: [Google]
a081.jpg
71KB, 600x696px
>>183711934
Teach me how to, I've always been a good girl.
So just download it from some shady website with VPN yes? Nicoblog?
>>
>>183709718
>It's PCSX2
Oh ok thought it was DC because people mentioned redream earlier on (and most DC emulator that aren't Demul have really fucked audio, yeah it works fine in that, but the PS2 audio has issues the DC version doesn't have, the most noticeable is the intro of stage 1 that has a different sfx and the rest being minute level differences and slightly worse quality
>>
>>183712340
nicoblog des version works fine.
>>
>>183712490
>most DC emulator that aren't Demul have really fucked audio
Dammit really?
Do you happens to know which emulator is the best for Daytona 2001?
>>
>>183712340
Nicoblog seems like the best option if it's not on PSNdl, and the PSN version of DeS doesn't seem to work anyway.
>>
>>183713665
>Dammit really?
Missing a bunch of features, so sounds off in places, Rez is a good example of that some game don't use those features and don't sound any different though.

>Daytona
Supermodel I'd guess
>>
File: 06.jpg (8KB, 412x314px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
8KB, 412x314px
>>183714151
Oh, I see

>Supermodel
I really wish 2001 was on Model 3, but it's a DC exclusive!
I'll just try Demul first, thanks for the heads up
>>
>>183713129
>>183713678
Uses Mega. Downloading at slow 400kb/s. Thanks to pointing in correct direction anyway gentlemen~
>>
>>183704009

Source?
>>
>>183704682

It looks like shit (different Anon).

Fucking amateurs.
>>
>>183705495

That shinra guy needs to be fucking burned to death. Annoying little cunt.
>>
>>183704451
>>Composite > capture card > bilinear rescale > youtube compression > jpg compression

Look at this pendantic mother fucker.

Like it fucking matters.
>>
>>183715919
Here https://github.com/adam-becker/psxact
>>
>>183716550

It may. Still doesn't change the fact that VI filter looks decidedly off.
>>
>>183716838

We'll see, Projects are far easier to start than maintain.
>>
>>183717143
I know, but it's good to see that such project exist (and is already booting some commercial games)
>>
>>183717431

True. Let's hope it doesn't turn out like CEN64.
>>
>>183716838
>https://github.com/adam-becker/psxact

This has existed for years already though
>>
>>183716863

This is not aiming to be an accurate VI filter, it is aiming to be an image enhancement instead.

NNEDI 3 + anti-aliasing produces a look far better than standard VI filter could ever achieve. Later on, there might be an 'authentic' VI filter, for now, the people that are graphic whores that are ignoring accurate renderers on the sole basis of 'it looks like crap' - that is the audience that needs swaying now, and this 'quasi-VI filter' mode does exactly that.
>>
>>183717835
>Let's hope it doesn't turn out like CEN64
What's wrong with CEN64?
>>
>>183717998
He's working more on it recently, let's hope for the best
>>
>>183712490

Umm, Demul has worse and crappier sound than Reicast libretro. Fact. Go try to play Dead or Alive 2 on it and see how many frame stutters and sound glitches you run into.

Those Russians who coded Demul can't write proper frontend code to save their lives. Yet another reason why closed-source Russkie Windoze coders had best just give up their sources so other people can do the job for them since they seem to suck so utterly at it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (185KB, 1284x1380px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
185KB, 1284x1380px
>>183713129
>>183713678
I'm having black screen issue. :(
>>
>>183718306
did you try adjusting the audio buffer?
>>
Daniel, will you be samefaggin whole night again?
>>
>>183718503
Write Color Buffers
>>
>>183718503
Enable the "Write colors buffer" on the GPU menu. Solved
>>
File: Untitled.png (695KB, 1546x741px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
695KB, 1546x741px
>>183718749
>>183718825
Thank you anons!
Umbasa!~
>>
>>183718183

ded
>>
>>183717998

Well, nevermind then.

>>183718235

This kind of wishful thinking is not helpful.
>>
>>183719509
I'm nothing sitting doing nothing anon, I'm creating a simple launcher that allow users to run it with just two mouse clicks and I talk about the development on my channel to bring attention to those new projects, we can always bring new devs by spreading information about it
>>
>>183719840
not*
fuck me
>>
>>183719840

'kay. Thanks for that, at least.
>>
Is the direct3d driver still maintained?

Let me explain: Around the time when saturn emulation got a bit popular last year with mednafen, I did some tests with games using black frame insertion and other demanding shit with both ogl and d3d on Windows. Performance on the latter was quite a bit better on my end but I couldn't use xmb.
>>
how the fuck do i force mGBA to save?
>>
>>183727665
Talk to it in a stern but polite manner.
>>
sir bumpington of bumpshire
>>
Is there a way to get Kega Fusion to pause when in the background? I can't find an option for it.
>>
>>183731375

It's an extremely old emulator, so even if there were, it might not work correctly. :/
>>
File: licence.png (53KB, 993x170px) Image search: [Google]
licence.png
53KB, 993x170px
Hi guys, I am an Android developer and posted a few days ago about making paid addon/frontend to Retroarch. Some were interested and some other anons were not very happy at all. Even devs maybe showed up in this thread. Anyway I said I would go ahead unless there was a licence change but looks like it is still gpl with no plans to change.

So I have decided it is okay not to wait longer and instead go ahead with the project. I will not share more mockups from now on although, because last time I was accused of stealing designs. Which was not true at all.

What I want to know is what is your biggest pain points when using on Android? For me it is configuration needed and file browser and bad on screen controls. So current plan is no config at all (or only very minimum), all new controls, and auto discover file browser with coverart.

But I want suggestions to make the best product I can make for retro game fans.
>>
>>183732380
Fuck, guess I should finally get Retroarch then.
>>
>>183734813
>Some were interested
Just a heads up, no one was. It was just a shitposter who knew that it would cause drama and was egging you on.
>>
>>183734813
>hey bob, what's the best thing about RA?
>uhh all the options it's got?
>yeah bob, well I'm thinking about removing them all. fuck options
>I'm not sure that's a goo-
>and I'm gonna charge people for it
>>
>>183735249
>>hey bob, what's the best thing about RA?
>uhh all the options it's got?

Actually, the only good thing about RA is that it has multiple emulators in one place.
>>
>>183734813
>Hi guys, I am an Android developer
So, not a real dev
>Some were interested and some other anons were not very happy at all
You're a parasite. there is nothing to be happy about what you've said so far.
>Anyway I said I would go ahead unless there was a licence change but looks like it is still gpl with no plans to change.
You can't read or you're just this stupid? In any case, seek help from someone who has patience to explain why you're wrong.
>I will not share more mockups from now on although, because last time I was accused of stealing designs. Which was not true at all.
Look at where you're posting, no one here is this blind
>What I want to know is what is your biggest pain points when using on Android?
People starting posts with "Hi guys, I am an Android developer "
>For me it is configuration needed and file browser and bad on screen controls. So current plan is no config at all (or only very minimum), all new controls, and auto discover file browser with coverart.
So, nothing, thx for showing that you're not a dev
>But I want suggestions to make the best product I can make for retro game fans.
Make a pixel art force and hang yourself to the Green Hill Zone Theme
>>
>>183735101
>Just a heads up, no one was.
Speak for yourself, kid.

>>183734813
>I will not share more mockups from now on
How will we see the progress then?

>What I want to know is what is your biggest pain points when using on Android?
I'm not an android user, but what makes you think there's even a market for this? What makes you feel you can come up with something so good that people will pay for it?

Imo, Android itself is heavily flawed and most devs don't focus on Android so the Android ports are usually good. I'm not so sure people will be happy with just a nicer frontend.
>>
>>183735101
>>183735249
Please... go to play store. Look at retroarch. It has 1m-5m installs. That is very impressive to be sure, I am not trying to criticize. Now look at My Boy Free. It has 10m-50m. Next order of magnitude.

They are both free. One emulates only gba. Other emulates many consoles. Why do you think so many install my boy and not retroarch? I think it is because of ease of use.

Paid emus also are very popular. Many on the order of 100k-500k but drastic is fully 1m-5m installs. Paid emu for one system, has same amount of installs as free emu for all systems. Why do you think that is? It is ease of use, it is convenience.

I think people do not care about options. People like you, like me, we browse technology forums, we like options. But most people do not. They want to play games on their phones and not always adjust things. And that is okay.

I can combine the best of both worlds if I make an app with retroarch capabilities and also good usable UI. It is a natural thing to do, there is a good market for it. There are no losers here although some people present themselves as losers. But to the world, to the gamers anyway, it is a net gain.
>>
>>183735890
>are usually good
meant to say usually NOT good.
>>
>>183735890
I posted before I saw your post. Please see >>183736061 I talked about the market there.
>>
>>183736061
Don't try to argue with retrocucks.
Just make some progress and report back when you're half done or better yet avoid 4chan at all.
>>
>>183734813

How about I fuck you up the ass and out the mouth with a beer bottle instead?
>>
>>183735496
That is a false statement.
>>
>>183736314

This.
>>
>>183736537
Oh no, that sucks.
>>
>>183736061
People buy drastic because it's the best motherfucking ds emulator that exists across all platforms. Paid RA wouldn't even be a valid alternative, the only reason anyone would ever think of using desmume is to avoid having to pay or pirate drastic.

>Now look at My Boy Free. It has 10m-50m. Next order of magnitude.
I'm gonna go on a limb here and guess the first result for "free gba emulator" on the store is my boy and not RA. You suck at market research as much as you suck at redacting, have fun wasting however many months it takes you to copy RA's source, delete a bunch of shit, and market it as your own.
>>
>>183736061
>Why do you think so many install my boy and not retroarch?

Brand recognition, showing up highest on Play store search.
>>
>>183736061
>People like you, like me,
Then why the fuck are you posting here?
>But to the world, to the gamers anyway, it is a net gain.
You're a fucking idiot. You're not doing anyone a favor, you're trying to make money. A net gain would be opening a pull request to the original developers whose software you're copying and not trying profit off it.
Stop trying to spin it, and treating us like 5 year olds. We're not buying your bullshit.
>>
>>183736061

If I ever find your real name, they can sue you for unpaid royalties.
>>
>>183736953
Can't we just pirate that shit when he releases and share it cracked on the wiki? This will sure be a good slap to the face
>>
>>183736980

If they have a case, the funds are certainly there to do so.

So that's one unexpected benefit.
>>
>>183737157
That's illegal and immoral. It stands agasint what Libretro and Retroarch stand for.
>>
>>183737157
>recommending a gimped build of RA
Just to spite one faggot? Meh.
>>
>>183737157

DOOOOOO EEEET!
>>
>>183736314
I do not mind discussion and debate. It is interesting to get others perspectives on these things. People are honest when they are anonymous. Not everyone is friendly when they are being honest but I have thick skin, it does not bother me.

>>183736464
Do not worry anon, if you like fucking men up the ass with objects, I think you will not find shortage of willing people. Try grindr maybe?

>>183736795
>>183736862
With respect anons, I have made many apps. I know what people want. I know how to do my research.

I know desmume is not as good as drastic. Probably I will not include it or advertise ds support.
>>
>>183737292

Bullshit. It hurts them in no way whatsoever. We just make sure that we indicate it is *not* recc'ed, just there in case people want it.
>>
>>183737359

post boipucci with timestamp
>>
>>183737359
>With respect anons, I have made many apps. I know what people want. I know how to do my research.

You are a nine-to-five wannabe dev, and a pathetic loser that steals and plagiarizes other people's hard work and labor with zero fucks given as to how they expect it to be treated.

Once again, by all means do not contact them beforehand. See what awaits you in the end. You are skating on thin ice right out of the gates, like a true parasite who sees money in some 'retrogaming craze' would.
>>
>>183736953
>You're not doing anyone a favor, you're trying to make money.
I can do both. I make money, people enjoy games. Everyone wins. This is how commerce works. We make things and we sell them. Usually we do not start from scratch when we make the things. If I sell wood crates, probably I buy the wood instead of chopping tree.

>A net gain would be opening a pull request to the original developers whose software you're copying
I need to make money when I work. If I had time to do all these things for free then I would do that. But I do not have the time sadly.

>>183736980
Please anon, if you are not familiar with gpl license, github has summary. See the screenshot here >>183734813

>>183737157
All apks are cracked, this is not anything new. Most people will search the store, they will not come browse 4chan wikis. If people do not search store and search crack sites instead, probably they would not buy app anyway. Piracy is big but it is not really a stress for me.
>>
>>183737359
>I know how to do my research.
You obviously didn't do any research before coming here. This is piracy general, where everyone uses the most convoluted emulator setups possible and jerks off to CLI.
>>
>>183737782
>You are skating on thin ice right out of the gates,

Are you at least going to explain why or are you just gonna sperg out over and over and over and over.
You've posted the same shit already.
>>
>>183737157
Pretty sure he has to open source anyway, so it's easier than that.

>>183736191
I get what you're saying and even though I'm not an android user, I still think that the cores are the biggest weakness. You're only as strong as your weakest link. Anyway, maybe I'm wrong and the lack of quality cores won't be a problem, but it's something to think about.
>>
>>183737871
>I need to make money when I work. If I had time to do all these things for free then I would do that. But I do not have the time sadly.

YOU FUCKING COCKROACH!!!!!

PEOPLE PUT FREE TIME INTO PUTTING UP ALL THE SHIT THAT YOU NOW WANT TO PROFIT FROM!!!! And you don't even want to send a fucking PR you lazy fucking bum?

KILL YOURSELF NOW, TOMORROW EVEN!
>>
>>183737871
I don't think all cores are licensed to allow commercial use
>>
>>183737292
But see anon, this will not have any conection with RetroArch, just his project.
>>183737305
We can add an "PS" of just one line pointing this guy as a parasite, one month is enough to make him fall (even more).
>>183737350
Not that hard to do at all
>>183737871
You don't get it, I"ll share it cracked ON the store with other name
>>
>>183738117
lmao good luck doing(4free) that then.
>>
>183737359
>Probably I will not include it
>>183737871
>probably I buy the wood
>github has summary
>If people do not search store and search crack sites instead
Fucking Russians. What is it with them and trying to make the emu scene as shit as possible.
>>
>>183738000
CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Nice trips, btw
>>
>>183738221
I'll pay to fuck you up, I really don't care.
>>
>>183738426
Wrong guy.
>>
>>183737782
>See what awaits you in the end.
I am sorry anon, but, I know what the legality is. Fear tactics will not work. I am not trying to hurt anyone here, only make software. You might not like the software but really I am doing nothing wrong.

>>183737951
>>183738000
I will make source available, follow gpl. I will make PR also but I think they will not want to merge it. It will delete many options and other big changes.

>>183737951
>>183738061
I am looking into core license, some I can use, some I cannot, some are tricky, might need to download or skip. Anyway there are enough for compelling product.

>>183738117
>You don't get it, I"ll share it cracked ON the store with other name
You can try this anon but google will remove direct copies like that. If you instead make version without my own copyright data e.g. css then yes you can do that. It is allowed. I think you will not succeed like me, I have lots of experience selling apps.

>>183738310
I am not going to tell you where I am from. Sometimes I tell people and they do not treat me the same. I will not call it racism because other people have this much worse, it is not fair to compare. But better to not tell, prevents the problem. I am working on my english anyway.
>>
>>183738685
>You might not like the software but really I am doing nothing wrong.
Yes you are. You're a piece of shit, morally.
Kill yourself, dimitri.
>>
>>183737871
>I need to make money when I work. If I had time to do all these things for free then I would do that. But I do not have the time sadly.

The guys whom you will be stealing from, DID put all that work and time into it. And you don't even want to put the most minimum of effort into pushing back any crappy changes you might come up with (which likely would not amount to much since you lack any decent skills).

And you will be stealing directly out of their pockets.

You are engaged in wrongdoing and illegality right out of the gates. You are not a businessman, you are an unscrupulous low-rent entrepreneur whom does not have the skills to make his own intellectual property, hence he needs to 'resell' and outright steal it from others. I'd retreat if I were you. This will come to a head one way or another, and you will either have your name ran through the mud on social media sites or worse.
>>
>>183738685
>I am not trying to hurt anyone here, only make software. You might not like the software but really I am doing nothing wrong.

And yet you are not contacting the original developers since you are afraid they will straight up tell you, they wouldn't want you to do this.

That right there shows you are already engaged in wrongdoing. You are the typical low-rent sleazy entrepreneur who operates in a 'hush hush' fashion just to make some short-term cash off others' backs.

You are not a 'businessman'. You pose as one.
>>
File: 1499174141804.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499174141804.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
Just stop responding.
>>
This butthurt is amazing.
>>
>>183737359
>With respect anons, I have made many apps. I know what people want. I know how to do my research.
post links to your apps
>>
>>183738889
There is so much destruction in the world, so much violence. So much destructive action. Everyone is polluting or scamming people and being selfish in the pursuit of money. And you will say this is ironic, I am being selfish by reselling gpl software.

But me, I am sitting at computer, I take some good software, I will make the software better, I will charge for my troubles. And honestly anon I cannot think of many more peaceful and civilised ways to make a living.

>>183738917
I will share the source changes absolutely. I do regret that before I was reluctant to share source, even was trying to find ways around it. I was trying to protect product but I realised this is not right. I am going to follow gpl fully.

Some data files, like CSS, I will not share because they are data not code and can be replaced anyway.
>And you will be stealing directly out of their pockets.
This is frustrating. They did this code for free, as passion, as hobby. That is great, I really love it. They did not do the boring un-interesting work of making frontend, CSS, etc because that is not interesting technically. It makes sense. I will do that, and get paid for it. I am stealing nothing.

>>183739101
I am not contacting them because this board convinced me it would be bad idea. That does not mean I am doing wrong.

In real life you can buy product, change it or add to it, sell it. You have added value and noone would think to stop you, noone would say you are leeching off original product. Back to the crates. Suppose I buy wood cheap, I make crates, I sell the crates expensively. People would not say that this is unfair because the wood company could make more money. They would not say, that money should belong to them, that I am leeching off their product. No. They did not make the crates, they were not in crate business.

In digital world everything feels a bit different. But really it is the same concept. I take product, I add to product, I sell value I have added.
>>
>>183739476
Thank you for interest anon, if you are really interested. But I think that would not be a good idea.
>>
>>183740154
>scamming people and being selfish in the pursuit of money.
Ding ding ding. That's you retard.
>>
>>183740287
No do not quote only that part. I knew you would say that. I responded right after.
>>
>>183740235
do it, i'm curious

Don't worry about people here, they wont do anything. it's all talk
>>
>>183740154
>And honestly anon I cannot think of many more peaceful and civilised ways to make a living.
You could, and I'm just spitballing here, write your own goddamn software and sell it.
>>
This is just a troll to piss off several different devs by implying profit off their works.

99% chance is that nothing happens, or he does make something and no one cares because it's shit. Only a retard would be asking 4chan of all places about this anyhow.
>>
>>183740632
All software is done in layers. I do not write my own storage code, I use sqlite. Everyone does. I do not write my own jpeg decoder, I use libjpeg.

Or more likely I use some wrapper, to use libjpeg or libpng, to use jpgs and pngs and bmps and not worry about it. A wrapper around existing code, that makes that code more useful. The wrapper is "just" a wrapper but it adds value. I think that sounds familiar?

Every paid app for android, and ios, they use many free libraries. Are they all leeches because they did not write every piece of assembly code from scratch? Or is it that they add value and it is okay to charge for the value?
>>
Trying to run Scott Pilgrim on RPCS3, works great with no frame drops, but the game registers as a Demo (says Unlock Full Game on the title screen) and looking for how to circumvent this is fruitless (all methods I've found by googling are for CFW PS3s, not emulation). Anybody have any knowledge on this?
>>
>>183741523
I would say you're confusing wrappers and libraries with the entire program and content, but no one could possibly be this dumb.
Well trolled friend, you got me.
>>
>>183741120

>Only a retard would be asking 4chan of all places about this anyhow.

Unfortunately, Ivan is in fact retarded. It's the potato vodka and cirrhosis that does it to him, see.
>>
>>183741860
Anon I know it is different, libpng is very small compared to whole retroarch, but retorach is very big compared to my wrapper.

But it is a difference in amount only and not an essential difference. Devs build things on top of other things. Sometimes they charge for things they make even though they needed other things to do it. But it is okay because the people who made the other things put a license on them, saying, yes you can use this. You can even sell it.

And that is what gpl is and that is what retroarch has chose.
>>
>>183742235

>CYKA BLYAT
>>
does sega rally online arcade work in rpcs3? It was delisted.
>>
>>183743098
It's untested on RPCS3's list, and there's no videos of it. So try it yourself and see.
>>
>>183734813
>But I want suggestions to make the best product I can make for retro game fans.

Find the nearest bridge to jump off of.
>>
>>183743396
sorry you'll have to do it. my computer isn't good enough
>>
>>183749253
Why the interest then?
>>
>>183749352
so I know if I can play it whenever i have a good enough computer
>>
>>183749486
Compatibility is going up really fast, even The Last of Us booted a few hours ago, I would not worry about this if I didn't had a good PC (give it some months)
>>
How do I compile this

https://github.com/awjackson/bsnes-classic
>>
>>183750417
>no list of dependencies
>no build instructions at all
>not even a readme
How is anyone supposed to know how to build this?
>>
>>183750621
That's why I asked.
I just really want to use bSnes, and I hate retroarch.
>>
>>183750417
>>183750621
>>183750709
Although generally not advised, emucr has a build as recent as the last commit.
http://www.emucr.com/2017/07/bsnes-classic-git-20170712.html
Just tested it and it seems to work fine.
>>
>>183751971
thank you so much, man.
why not advised, tho?
>>
>>183752078
They don't tend to test their builds.
>>
is pcem not supposed to be 64 bit?
>>
>>183755670 (You)
>>
File: rbgen.jpg (76KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
rbgen.jpg
76KB, 800x800px
how is the Genesis emulation on the Retro Bit Generations? Trying to get an emulation console for my bf's birthday and this looked like a cheap alternative to a Pi 3 + controllers and getting physical carts of all the Genesis games he likes (Toe Jam and Earl, Shining Force 2, Contra Hard Corps, Castlevania Bloodlines, all Streets of Rage, and the Taz games are pretty expensive combined).
>>
>>183758395
I've never heard of this before, but I hate it.

Also why would you ever buy carts?
>>
>>183758395
Sound emulation and performance on those systems are really bad, don't bother wasting money on this.
>>
>>183758395
If you're getting an emulation console, why would you even consider buying physical carts?
Genesis is so easy to emulate now, the Pi Zero can handle it fine and that thing costs like $5.

Looking into it, the "Generations" has poor audio and video quality, the controllers are spongey and overall bad, and the included library is mediocre at best.
It's cheap, but it doesn't appear that it's considered it a good option.
>>
>>183696139
they're usually available on nicoblog
>>
>>183761317
Didn't realize Pi Zero can emulate well thanks
>>
Where is the best place to get games in Nepenese? Learning moonrunes and think games like Gen 3 pokemon would be a decent place to start. And yes, I checked the wiki, nothing there about untranslated ROMs
>>
>>183768432
>Nepenese
wut
>>
>>183770513

Ah yes...Nepenese. That which is spoken in Nepan. A proud people, I hear, those Nepanlanders.
>>
>>183660812
lol i just got here
>>
>>183753659
The main dev doesn't care about 64-bit, it's only there for Linux users, and even then, there's bugs. Just use 32-bit for now, hopefully of 86Box.
>>
>>183659210
>being this edgy
>>
>>183773945
I see that you've forked Play!, what's your opinion on the project?
>>
>>183774174
I haven't though??? I only talked about forking it. I have contributed back to it however. Anyway, I do like the project, but I wish it had both LLE and HLE modes, so that accuracy purists can actually use Play! and not have to mess with the bullshit that can be PCSX2. I mean, christ, it's so hard to set up on Linux, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>183671859
>tranny devs
Kill yourself.
>>
>>183774251
And what about HPSx64? I didn't see someone being able to contact dev, do you know him/her?
>>
>>183774469
Nah, I have no idea who makes hpsx64. All I know is that it's worse off than Play!, but at least it's LLE.
>>
>>183774251
>the bullshit that can be PCSX2
Okay, listen you little fagget
Have you ever written a PS2 emulator?
Have you ever written a VU dynarec?
You little fagget
Have you ever written a VU dynarec?
You little fagget.
No you haven't cause you're a fagget
Okay?
Why don't you go write a VU dynarec you fagget.
You're fucking in the ocean, just some nigger in the deep ocean and you got no clue what's underneath you, you little fagget.
>>
>>183774556
Thx for the answers
>>183774691
PCSX2 is a bad emulator, lucky devs just don't have other project to compare against
>>
>>183774691
I have written a PS2 emulator, but okay. It's just really incomplete.
>>
>>183774691
PS2 emulation on temple OS when?
https://youtu.be/RCv4Y0v5PZI?t=106
>>
>>183774691

Ms. Irwin, we're gonna have to ask you to calm down or leave.
>>
>oh cool, Beetle PSX supports 32x resolution now
>crashes everytime I go over 16x

This is not okay.
>>
>>183775883
Could be your GPU doesn't have the VRAM to handle it or that it straight up doesn't support the resolution you're asking of it (doubtful but you never know)
>>
>>183775948

Possible but unlikely given i've got a 4gb card (290x). Still i'm using retroarch which angers me despite it actually working as i'm convinced its designed to make things as difficult as possible outside of full on cli.
>>
>>183776142
>290x
Should handle it, maybe you're trying to play a high res game
>>
The PS4 was really "unlocked"?
>>
>>183774691
>You're fucking in the ocean, just some nigger
>Careless Whisper intensifies.
>>
>>183775883
Beetle PSX always crashes when I try to change the internal resolution, have to change it through the config file
>>
tried doing netplay through pj64 but couldnt connect to friend or have them connect to me.
tried forwarding ports with no luck, any other suggestions?
>>
Are there any games on PCSX2 that only boot with specific region BIOS? Or why are there so many in the wiki's pack?
>>
>>183781868
I remember Unreal Tournament being able to boot using a specific bios, I don't know other game since I don't use PCSX2
>>
>>183781868
>Are there any games on PCSX2 that only boot with specific region BIOS?
Full boot requires a BIOS the same region as your game and some game need that.
HK bios fucks some things.
Could also have issue wioth the ASICs comaptibility thigns from later models BIOSes
>>
>>183734813
obvious troll
>>
Anyone ever tried getting wireless nunchuks to work with Dolphin? I have a DolphinBar + Zelda Wiimote Plus + OG nunchuk setup, but I bought a decently priced wireless nunchuk, except I can't get it to work at all. The device flashes, but it doesn't connect. If I swap it out for OG, it recognizes it.
>>
>>183774329
Mooch remember what happened last time you showed your tranny face here?
Take your Trunchbull looking ass and go take an overdose of barbiturates.
>>
>Try out a randomised Pokemon Emerald
>Cubone for a starter
>Still ground, bone club at lvl 5
>Rival has a Banette, don't know what type
>Alright let's do thi-
>Octazooka
Well, it's certainly more challenging than usual
>>
>>183786450
>>>/vp/ is over there, friendo.
>>
File: rc.png (2MB, 1296x758px) Image search: [Google]
rc.png
2MB, 1296x758px
anyone knows how to get past this game freezing on this screen (after pressing start the game)
>>
File: what.jpg (234KB, 1236x699px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
234KB, 1236x699px
>lately thinking peoples are being harsh to PCSX2
>get curious about the very first Playstation 2 game ever made
>the damn thing can't even play the intro at all
>not even the menu
>wrong textures everywhere

Holy fucking shit
>>
>>183787817
RRV is a notoriously broken game, there's not many games where the problems get that bad.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-25-11-55-57.jpg (83KB, 1440x402px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-25-11-55-57.jpg
83KB, 1440x402px
Where can I find twilight princess, super Mario sunshine, and other GameCube ROMs. Ninty pulled almost all of them from the rom sites and the wikis links don't work
>>
>>183795573
Read the OP.
>>
>>183795573
Idiot
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-25-12-02-20.jpg (1MB, 1440x2370px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-25-12-02-20.jpg
1MB, 1440x2370px
>>183795880
>>183795791
Hur dur wow retard xd
None of the links in this archive work.
I read the OP. I read the wiki. Ninty pulled all of those flagship titles from the rom sites on the wiki. Hence why I am asking if anyone has a link to a ddl or something.
Emuparadise, coolroms etc all don't have those flagship gcn roms
>>
>>183796265
Works on my machine.
>>
>>183796746
It's the link through the GameCube page on the wiki, that's the one that's not working for me. If someone could try that and check if it's just an issue w my shit or not I'd be gratefull
>>
>>183796959
Works fine for me.
>>
>>183796959
As you can see, I can download Twilight Princess just fine.
>>
New Thread:
>>183798918
>>183798918
Thread posts: 749
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.