[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/stsg/ - Starsector General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

File: screenshot072.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot072.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>What?
Starsector is a 2D single-player open-world RPG space combat exploration economic game thing, basically Mount & Blade but in space.
Outdated but still relevant introduction video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCpVY80Bpc [Embed]

>Where?
Official site:
http://fractalsoftworks.com
Official forums:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php#1

>Current version
0.8.1aRC8

>List of popular mods
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

>/stsg/ modpack
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qz68gks6ebv4btf/Starsector+General+Mod+Pack+Version+3.7z

>The performance is really bad what do I do?
Other than allocating more memory for the game to use, there isn't much you can do.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726
>>
>>>>183262291
>Anon describes the mods
>Tri Tachyon = Jews
>Persean League = European Union
>Hegemony = Spartans / Nazis
>Luddic Chruch = Conservative Islam
>Luddic Path = ISIS
>Pirates = Pirates
>Independents = African Nations of No Worth
>Sindrain Diktat = 1984
>
>Shadowyards = Hyperliberal hippies
>Interstellar Imperium = Facsists
>Outer Rim Alliance = Communists
>Tiangdong = Modern Day China
>Metellson = Siberian Soviet Russia / >Communist China
>CABAL = Scientology
>Diable = Imperial Japan
>Dassault = Swiss Bankers
>
>Blackrock = Blackrock
>NGO = Completely honest about itself

Metelson is Soviet Russia
That had me laughing.

And NGO is what it is. Personally, I think it's a bit of a shame that it had to be canned now. I guess he got enough back-lash that the majority won. I hope he goes back to it. Maybe take a different route or something on it Nazi or not.
>>
>>183215875

The point is that "X in space" is a stapple of modding and banning it because gringos get offended is retarded

with that said the mod's author is also retarded and lives on a permanent "muh fascist order" teenage phase.

NGO shouldn't be deleted or modified, it should at worst be taken from Anhe's hands. Nazis in space is always fun.
>>
File: java 2017-07-21 20-29-57-20.png (807KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
java 2017-07-21 20-29-57-20.png
807KB, 2560x1440px
Ahne did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1483697461568.png (142KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1483697461568.png
142KB, 440x440px
>a carrier whose default AI is to stay as far away from the fight as possible so it takes ten gorillion years for replacement fighters to reach the enemy
Why is this?
>>
>>183456804
because it's squishy as fuck and having your expensive capital carrier get blown up by a few flanking destroyers is the pinnacle of rage
>>
>>183459526
Feels like even those tiny light carriers from the same faction get closer than this thing.
>>
File: condor_old.png (31KB, 105x204px) Image search: [Google]
condor_old.png
31KB, 105x204px
>>183456804
I think that's a small glithc in the AI in a sense...No idea really why carriers do that. proably part of old code being mixxed with new code or something.

>>183453979
well, bitching about the mod being Gone here ain't going to do shit. You want space-nazis for fun. then do space-nazis and be waery of people who take it too seriously on both ends of the coin. They're creepy as fuck either way.

Now, back to the Carriers.

I miss some of the older designs that David had, they were fucking awesome to watch... Even if they weren't as smooth as a baby's bottom like the new eagle.
>>
If you want Nazis in space in Starsector then I would suggest making them an enemy faction, and present then in a entirely negative light.

Or, if they are not purely a assholeish pure enemy faction that everyone is hostile to? Make them Iron Sky style kind of incompetent and satirical.

Anything other than such styles I listed above, is likely to suffer the same fate Ahne did. For no one in their right mind wants fucking space Nazis that are portrayed in a positive or neutral manner.

Fuck Nazis
Say it with me now!
>>
File: gayhitler.jpg (129KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
gayhitler.jpg
129KB, 500x622px
>>183464078
>>183453979
>>183451764

Well, apprently enough people made a stink it became a problem. But hey, what do I know Anons?

Anon is off in the head....
>>
>>183456804
Actually, I take this back. It's just more sim AI being weird, as usual.
>>
>>183465374
Why is it the Simulator?
>>
>>183465456
Because before, the ship would back off so far that without the fighter's vision, the enemy completely disappeared from the map. In actual combat, it stayed in a more reasonable range.
Maybe its because I didn't give it any buddies in the sim to hide behind, like carriers like doing in proper fights.
>>
>>183466032
Not what I meant... But good to know it works fine in combat. but why does it fuck up in the Sim though is what I was asking.

If anything get Simulator Overhall or jjust give it a tanky buddy of sorts to act as bait...
>>
>>183453979
well that one cruiser with a fighter bay never goes into a fight because its set as a "carrier" or something

>>183464078
If you kept everything the same about them and yet made them a muslim or asian faction, these leftist cucks wouldn't mind at all.
It's not a crime to be white.
>>
>>183465263
>apprently enough people made a stink it became a problem

Shitheads making frivolous reports are the ones who should be banned
>>
>>183466749
Hardly frivolous.
>>
>>183466823
?
They have to go out of their way to read a fucking forum thread, or the post history of the mod maker, or the tl;dr ingame faction descriptions to even notice this

There is no symbology or images or whatever that could be considered "offensive"
It's literally no different from the Hegemony faction in terms of describing "what" it is.
>>
>>183466483
I thought something was wrong because it would back up really fucking far as soon as it hit engage on the fighters, but I guess that's just normal carrier AI when they don't have a front line. Don't worry, MS, it was just my own misunderstanding, your ships are working fine.
>>
File: Donar on Vardr.webm (3MB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
Donar on Vardr.webm
3MB, 1067x600px
>>183463549
>bitching
Not even close.

>>183466656
I would really like these Foresetis to be a little more aggressive just to put those large hybrids to use or at least to stay within engagement range, but I can't find enough aggressive/reckless officers to force them out of their comfort zone.
>>
Clades from shadowyards seem pretty good

Their system is some super fast reverse that will always move them out of danger

And if their engine is knocked out during it they'll fly across the map backwards
>>
>>183467646
Oh hey would you look at that, Shit Tier Pro Nazi mod wipes the floor with Actually Good Shit tier mod. Who would have thought?
>>
>be completely new
>fight a pirate and win
>fight another pirate in what looks like the same ship
>blows through my flux in a single volley, dead five seconds later
oh, it's one of those games
>>
File: 1487612594993.png (91KB, 408x327px) Image search: [Google]
1487612594993.png
91KB, 408x327px
>>183460476
Well yeah, it you lose one of them it's not a Capital down the tubes, just a destroyer.
>>
>>183469454
the fits of the ships can range from really bad to really good
If they have a captain on the ship, it can make a gigantic difference because of all the stacking multipliers
>>
Will this game allow me to go full Legend of the Galactic Heroes?
>>
max of 30 ships in your fleet, which really feels like ample, especially when you add on whatever fighters you have
>>
>>183469514
how am I supposed to know what fights I can take?
>>
>>183469728
save be4 the fight xd
>>
>>183469728
Try playing the main menu missions and the tutorials. Also, officered ships can have more or less aggressive personalities than ones without officers
>>
>>183469728
You can see what loadouts ships have by hovering over them in the fleet preview and pressing F1, though this is only after making contact. During combat, you can target a ship with R to see its loadouts, what its targeting, and some other stuff.
>>
nerf vanilla
buff mods
>>
File: donar webm test.webm (3MB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
donar webm test.webm
3MB, 1067x600px
During this campaign I realize how much I miss fighting and dying to Dark Spire
>>
>>183472092
how friggin tough are those shields lol
>>
>>183472243
The Neo Nazi wanted his Nazi faction to win and take over the sector, that is why they are so OP and hard to kill and overgunned
>>
so what are you actually supposed to do when starting a new game? I tried fighting pirates (right next to hegemony station) and got my face torn off, tried taking a planet survey mission and got jumped by pirates in hyperspace before my engines had even started up (and then got my face torn off), tried trading and lost money
do I just need to get an OP start mod or what?
>>
>>183472336
Maybe he just balanced around vanilla instead of other weak mod factions?
>>
>>183472092
Stop bullying Shadowyards!
>>
>>183472341
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10398.0
Try this mod out. It should help out a bit
>>183472420
Most (Dyna ) mods ARE balanced around vanilla. The forum cucks just do terrible fucking tournaments and act like everything that doesn't die instantly the moment a vanilla ship looks at it is OP. Look at what happened to the Desinova of BRDY! A great ship turned into a great shit
>>
>>183472341
Try to salvage some ships, spend your initial money on crew/weapons/fuel to fit it out

Then go do a derelict scan mission, or some low bounties if they are availible
>>
>>183472243
0.8 base (0.72 with faction hull mod), with Defensive Systems and Hardened Shields you can bring it to 0.41. I'd be venting a lot more if it wasn't for Baryonic Shield, basically Fortress Shield with a cooldown.

I'd spend time to give the mod author balance feedback if I could.

>>183472467
But I like to bully my favorite faction.
>>
Oh shit my save got corrupted cos of memory something or another.

I thought we didn't have to edit vmpram to boost the memory anymore?
>>
File: 1497617436382.jpg (134KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497617436382.jpg
134KB, 512x512px
I need help, i just started but i get obliterated almost every time i go into battle and i have to depend on my AI ships to win, i think i might have sub par weapons too but it don't know the diference between a good weapon and a bad one, i run a few simulations to see how do i go 1 on 1 with a ship like mine and i always lose becouse i always end up overheating with flux, i also can't into tactics so i just have the other ships follow me so i don't die right away

TL;DR: Im too dumb to pilot my ship and i don't know what the stats on anything do, i need help
>>
>>183474835
I'm asking just in case, but did you play the tutorial? The one you access from the main menu that tells you all the controls and shit.
What does your fleet look like, and what do you mean by depending on the AI? Relying on your pals to soak fire and hold the line is normal.
>>
>>183474419
No. We just don't need to do the 64 bit java shit is all.
Luckily, there is an auto backup in the saves folder. Just delete the current saves and remove the .bak from the others in the folder
>>
>>183475985
>>183475985

>I'm asking just in case, but did you play the tutorial?

Yeah i did, i might do it again a couple more of times becouse i suck a big bag of dicks at everything

>What does your fleet look like

Hammerhead destroyer (D) - that i found and recovered at the end of the in game tutorial

Lasher combat ship that i buyed

Kite shuttle and wayfarer- i started with those

Mudskipper- it was given to me at some point of the in game tutorial

>and what do you mean by depending on the AI?

I mean they end up doing all the work while i soak all the bullets, i always end up overheating at battle becouse if even 1 is shooting at me constantly my shields end up giving in and overheat
>>
>>183476812
that's literally what shields do, the tutorial tells you this
when your flux is getting high, back out of combat and hit V to vent
or just drop your shields when you're not taking hits
>>
>>183477209

Yes, i know, i do that when i can, the problem is

>when you're not taking hits

That never happens
>>
>>183476812
One thing is I would get the wolf and not the wayfarer. The Wayfarer is a freighter, not a combat ship. Also, try to avoid ships with D mods like fault power grid or degraded engines. Also, use your carriers but avoid getting piranhas as they can end up bombing your own ships
>>
From the Meso himself on Discord:
"Also, the mod has introduced a terrible curse upon the internet. If you google Tiandong, the mod is the first result, even over other things actually called that. LOL
And yes, I checked with incognito mode so the result is not influenced.
It beats out the Wiki page for Tiandong county, the space station, everything"
>>
>>183476059
Well I kept getting warnings in red about it ingame

How do I prevent that? Some memory sink to assign or increase or something?
>>
>>183481231
What are you ram levels set to, your total system ram and if you are running a craptop or not?
>>
>>183481556
I got 8 gigabytes of dedicated wam, I forgot where the appropriate file is to twig that, and no
>>
>>183483037
Back up then open up the VMPRAMS file in notepad or notepad++. Tell me what the numbers following after -Xms and -Xmx say.
Also, be sure to set you vid card to forced for the SS java
>>
>>183469191
>what are purposefully tailored loadouts vs standard (or randomly generated by Dynasector) loadouts?
>what are player skills?
>what are different niches and playstiles for different ships and factions?
>what are other hullmods that might have been added by other mods?
Let me guess, you are the kind of person that complains that the Medusa doesn't play like the Enforcer
>>
>>183467627
I'm not MS.... Sorry to disappoint. I don't draw the odd organic teal ships of crazy energetic doom.
>>
File: 1416333256188.jpg (166KB, 577x577px) Image search: [Google]
1416333256188.jpg
166KB, 577x577px
>>183478651
Well he wouldn't have to worry about that, if he would RELEASE THE DONG ALREADY!
>>
File: MFNB6Mg - Imgur.gif (2MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
MFNB6Mg - Imgur.gif
2MB, 500x300px
>>183490420
Cock hunger is strong in you...

Here, have a Cock shooting it's load.
>>
>>183484846
-Xms1536m -Xmx1536m -Xss1024k
>>
>>183493261
try changing the Xms and Xmx to 4096, that'll allocate it 4 gigs of memory.
>>
ded
>>
>>183499392
It happens
>>
>>183449364
>Cabal
>scientology

I kek'd.

On another note, are there any ships you thought were shit the first time you used them but after a while you realized they were magnitudes better than what you thought they were?

Because thats what happened to me with Metelson Industries Thrudgelmir class.

I only realize now that with the insane turn speed the thing has its basically one big fast turning turret with 3x Large mounts and 360 degree PD if you slap on some flak.
>>
If there any point in increasing relationship with specific characters, like station commanders and the like?
>>
Hello folks,

I just wanted to tell you that iam working on NGO 1.06 version. Cant tell when its done but i try my best, i will remove some text phrases and some other little stuff to please the moderators but the mod stays what it is, there is nothing illegal or offensive in there that i can tell. Well the next version will have 2 new ships, 1-3 new weapons and balance changes! If anybody has some opinions to balance then just send me a forum pm. Thanks and have fun.

Greetings
Ahne
>>
>>183506006
>i will remove some text phrases and some other little stuff to please the moderators
Three words:
FUCK
THAT
NOISE
Make it uncensored and release it here. If they complain about you not being a cuck tell them to fuck off and that your artistic vision comes first.
>>
File: java 2017-07-22 11-29-58-44.png (934KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
java 2017-07-22 11-29-58-44.png
934KB, 2560x1440px
>>183506006
If true, this is good news that there's progress. I hope there will be an uncensored version kept somewhere else.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.