[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blood Souls DLC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Does anybody else dislike how Miyazaki always puts his DLC's into another world that is disconnected from the main world? It only ever made sense in Dark Souls I, where you travel in time. In all of the other games effort could be made to connect the DLC physically to the main area. Teleporting to pocket worlds hurts the immersion in a really bad way and gives me flashbacks of Demon's Souls with its incohesive patchwork setting and the notorious Earthen Peak elevator.
>>
>>182557004
In DaS2 you're travelling to different kingdoms, and while it would be nice to walk to them DaS2 loves the idea of Drangleic being huge, so you teleport to them.

In BB you enter a nightmare world and hey guess what? There are nightmare worlds in the base game, so the DLC fits in nicely with the lore.

In DaS3 you enter a painting (which is the exact same painting as DaS1) and travel to the end of time, so you're still in the same world just at a different time (much like DaS1, except in DaS1 you go back in time).

The only ones that actually don't make much sense are AoTA and TRC, because of time travel. Especially in AoTA when you think about how Dusk works, what with you saving her and her going back in time and her body showing up in multiple places.

Sounds like you're a DaS1 fanboy who doesn't like the newer games to me.
>>
>>182557694
>In DaS2 you're travelling to different kingdoms, and while it would be nice to walk to them DaS2 loves the idea of Drangleic being huge, so you teleport to them.
The only kingdom that you would have problems travelling to is Eleum Loyce, because of how different it is from everything else in the game. Brume Tower should have been physically connected to the Iron Keep and Shulva to the Black Gulch.
>In BB you enter a nightmare world and hey guess what? There are nightmare worlds in the base game, so the DLC fits in nicely with the lore.
Everything that comes past Ludwig could have been in the real world. The clocktower literally already exists, and the hamlet could have been next to Byrgenwerth, which would also make the latter less of a joke area.
>In DaS3 you enter a painting (which is the exact same painting as DaS1) and travel to the end of time, so you're still in the same world just at a different time (much like DaS1, except in DaS1 you go back in time).
The Ringed City could have been physically connected to the main world.
>Sounds like you're a DaS1 fanboy who doesn't like the newer games to me.
I actually like Bloodborne most of all, but Dark Souls I has the best DLC.
>>
>>182558832
lol
>>
>>182558862
Genius reply.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.