[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Legend of Zelda General - /lozg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 756
Thread images: 179

File: demise_question.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
demise_question.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
We got killed by pokemon furry spammers, but maybe we can beat Demise?

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin<
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/ (Full map)
https://mrcheeze.github.io/botw-object-map/ (Map to find NPCs and weapons)
http://imgur.com/r/zelda/QWNvr (Amiibo drops)
http://imgur.com/gallery/eMX7h (Cooking guide)

>News/Developments<
E3 2017 BotW DLC trailer:
[YouTube] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Expansion Pass - Nintendo E3 2017

Details on DLC and new Champion amiibo:
https://e3.nintendo.com/games/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-expansion-pass-switch/

>Art Collection<
https://www.flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>Soundtrack<
Breath of the Wild
https://mega.nz/#!K0NTxBZJ!X-A_xWkLikV2aZYHXf0nM6j5wYWFZVjSvvfnodFDA5k

Wind Waker
https://mega.nz/#!EFsgSSYI!5jhFz7TOxpKO4JjQItd_X3s1UNpXLKUPew-7FZsfylI

Twilight Princess
https://mega.nz/#!tAtVgDTI!ts9xkkXqmRF48GPPlrd5IOMmyaOD9L-LdlKKbcBUOoM

Skyward Sword
https://mega.nz/#!QNlTVSaI!GvZ0UcZxSex83rkMK8IRAO5y90ivj5lA5r5eYvZD-Ro

Previous thread: >>182253548
>>
>>182279632
>We got killed by pokemon furry spammers, but maybe we can beat Demise?

Is Bui shitting on /vg/ as well as /vp/?
>>
>>182277575
>>182277742
>>182277991
Nice, I'll complete my experience then.

>>182277838
You're not one of those shady emulator users, right?
>>
File: 1466645642409.png (259KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1466645642409.png
259KB, 555x555px
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED
>>
File: 1499203872353.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499203872353.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I want to wife the fish
>>
>>182280043
>We got killed by pokemon furry spammers

>>182279806
>Bui
I don't know the guy. I just saw the shit spreading out on the catalogue. When this thread rolled out, it was already gone.
>>
>>182280201
Link has no lips here. Also, how could you not be disgusted by Mipha's hands? Eww.
>>
So, is ALttP Link definitely the same guy as in the oracle games?
>>
File: 1467748475355.png (130KB, 806x545px) Image search: [Google]
1467748475355.png
130KB, 806x545px
Keep posting so the furry poster doesn't kill us.
Just dump your art, dumbos.
>>
>>182280201
These feelings are natural.
>>
File: Barkle.png (95KB, 730x979px) Image search: [Google]
Barkle.png
95KB, 730x979px
>>182281431
Bark bark!
>>
>>182281431
Clearly we need to fight autism with autism
get the plushfucker
>>
WHERE ARE YOU DANNY
>>
File: MrsLink.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MrsLink.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
History of the Zora, Part One
The Eternal Zora's Domain
As told by King Dorephan

The rains have blessed Lanayru since ancient times with an abundance of pure, clean water. Seeking a bounty of such water, the Zora gathered there. Thus, as the legends go, the domain was born 10,000 years ago. The land was also rich in ore, and so a unique form of stone masonry was developed to create our new home. The domain is one giant sculpture, a feat of architecture that has drawn admirers from the world over. Our great domain will ever stand as a hallmark of the esteemed artists who made it, an eternal symbol of Zora pride.

History of the Zora, Part Two
A Reservoir of Hope
As told by King Dorephan

Once every 10 years, the Lanayru region experiences unusually heavy rainfall. The Zora River flooded every time. The tides damaged not only our domain but our people, washing away poor souls and causing great suffering and disarray. The Zora king of that time, after seeking aide from the king of Hyrule, rode out to see what could be done. By joining the architectural genius of the Zora and Hyrule's technological prowess, East Reservoir Lake was swiftly built. Thanks to this fruitful partnership, Hyrule was no longer plagued by these devastating floods. In gratitude, the Zora king promised the king of Hyrule to manage the reservoir level to protect all of Hyrule from floods. each Zora king since has kept that oat, spanning 10,000 years. That is why the reservoir signifies our bond with Hyrule.
>>
>>182281920
History of the Zora, Part Three
Miracle of the White Scale
As told by King Dorephan

Our scholars say that in the distant past, Zora's Domain had a king with no special talent for the art of war. What he lacked in skill with a blade, he made up for in love for his people, and especially love for his queen. One day, news reached the king of a horde of monsters gathering in the Zodobon Highlands. The king steeled himself for war to protect his people, but the queen knew how ill suited for the task he was. Worried for his life, she wove one of her own scales into his armor, hoping that her love would protect him in battle. It seemed for a time that the tide of battle favored the Zora and that all would make it safely home. But the cunning Lizalfos general saw an opening and seized it, driving the king's forces into a corner. Just when the general's sword was ready to crash down upon the king, a miracle took place. An errant sunbeam reflected from the scale on his armor blinded the Lizalfos, stopping the deathblow from falling. This was the chance the king needed to rally his forces and turn the tide, taking down the general and securing victory. This came to be known as the Miracle of the White Scale, a scale that only female Zora possess. It was this miracle that began the tradition of Zora princesses crafting armor for their future husbands.
>>
>>182282081
History of the Zora, Part Four
The Lightscale Trident
As told by King Dorephan

The queen and I were blessed with a daughter as lovely as a jewel. We named our princess...Mipha. To celebrate her birth, the smithy Dento presented Mipha with a gift: a might spear called the Lightscale Trident. Mipha grew into a bright girl and soon reached the age of receiving lessons from the royal family's order of knights. The whole of the royal guard adored her, especially Sergeant Seggin, who loved her as if she were his own kin. Under Seggin's instruction, Mipha honed her skill, and her radiance grew along with her skill with the Lightscale Trident. As a Champion, Mipha made her people proud. However, once the Great Calamity struck, she was never to return. All of Zora's Domain fell into misery. The merest thought of the princess was enough to overcome anyone with tears. As a way of offering her soul repose, they tried to send the Lightscale Trident drifting down the Zora River. But when they did, the trident began to glow, and Mipha's voice rang loud and clear for all Zora to hear:

"The Lightscale Trident and I are one... Abandon your grief and know joy once again. Do not cry...just remember."

And so, keeping to her request, on the day of the Great Calamity...the day that Mipha passed from this world...the Zora venerate the Lightscale Trident and remember their brave princess.

Such is the origin of the Champion Festival.
>>
>>182282224
History of the Zora, Part Five
The Sage Princess Ruto
As told by King Dorephan

Long, long ago... In a past more distant that even the Great Calamity or the creation of the Divine Beast Vah Ruta... There was a Zora princess named Ruto. We know that she was an attendant to the Zora patron deity and that she was a fair and lively girl, beloved to all. Around that same time, an evil man with designs on ruling the world appeared, bringing disaster upon Zora's Domain. It is said that Ruto then awoke as a sage, facing this foe alongside the princess of Hyrule and the hero of legend. Her achievements are remembered not only by the Zora, they are also forever etched into the history of Hyrule. The Divine Beast Vah Ruta, built ages later to face off against Calamity Ganon, was named in honor of Ruto. That the Zora princess—my sweet daughter Mipha—was chosen to pilot Ruta is surely the work of fate.

History of the Zora, Part Six
Divine Beast Vah Ruta
As told by King Dorephan

When the Divine Beast Vah Ruta was first discovered at Zora's Domain, my daughter Mipha hurried to see it. Those present that day say they saw an unusual sparkle of excitement in Mipha's normally calm eyes as she beheld Ruta. The princess spoke of the Divine Best as she would a friend and was overjoyed when she was chosen to pilot Ruta. I thought nothing of it at the time, but given the events that followed, I now regret allowing this to happen. I have spent many long years consumed by guilt. My dearest wish is that her soul will know peace. I pray for it every day.
>>
>>182282378
H---ory of the Zor-, Part S-ven
The H-ro Who D-feat-d the Ly--l
As T--d b- King Dorephan

T--re was a time when the p--ple of the land were thre--ened by the dr--- beast Ly-e- who lived on the Pl--mu- M--ntain. But one Hy---n drove th- beast back an- re--ored p--ce to the do--in. Th- Zora helm w-n in th-s fight i- no- north of --- in the r--ns near ---- L-ke. It re--s ther- to h--or the d--ds of the he-- L---.

History of the Zora, Part Seven
The Hero Who Defeated the Lynel
As Told by King Dorephan

There was a time when the people of the land were threatened by the dread beast Lynel who lived on the Ploymus Mountain. But one Hylean drove the beast back and restored peace to the domain. The Zora helm worn in this fight is now north of here in the ruins near Toto Lake. It rests there to honor the deeds of the hero Link.
>>
>>182282543
History of the Zora, Addendum 1
King Dorephan Stands His Ground

Around 100 years after the King Dorephan ascended to the throne, a stray Guardian crossed Upland Zorana into our domain. The Guardian seemed unstoppable. Our best soldiers' spears barely left a scratch on its metal hull. It was then that our King Dorephan, without a thought for his own safety, came out to face the Guardian himself. With supernatural strength, he lifted the Guardian and hurled it into a ravine. The impact of the fall left the Guardian in pieces, and it was never to trouble another Zora ever again. The citizens celebrated the king's valor. From then on, their trust and respect for him grew beyond compare. You can still see the scar he eared that day on his forehead—a token of his triumph.

History of Zora, Addendum 2
Prince Sidon's Great Escape

There was once a giant Octorok in Hateno Bay, large as a mountain, which terrorized the village's fishers. Hearing of their distress, Prince Sidon went forth to personally eliminate the offending Octorok. But this Octorok was a tricky beast. After the prince dodged one of the stones it spat, it inhaled him whole. Such had been the fate of many strong warriors who went to slay the Octorok. Not one had come back alive. Just as it seemed Prince Sidon would be counted among them, the giant Octorok twisted in pain. The tip of a silverscale spear pierced the Octorok's stomach from within, revealing itself as the source of the beast's agony. Incredibly, Prince Sidon had fought his way out by stabbing his spear over and over into the monster's stomach. Unable to bear the pain, the Octorok coughed up the prince and scrambled to escape. Ever since, the fishers of Hateno Bay have passed down this heroic tale: The Prince Who Slew the Fell Octorok
>>
>>182282691
Memoir of a Gifted Stonemason

What an honor it was to receive a personal request from King Dorephan to craft a historical stone monument! I did not realize how much content he'd given me, though... It certainly exceeded the line limits of a single monument. I suppose I could have just shortened the text, but it felt wrong to tamper with our great king's words. Thankfully, I was able to split it all between seven monuments to ensure that every word was preserved. I have always prided myself on my ability to think outside the box. I am so very adaptable! And humble as well. While I was at it, I thought...why not add two of my own? And so I created one for King Dorephan and one for Prince Sidon. True, this is outside the scope of my commission... But I believe their triumphs deserve as much! But why stop at that... Why indeed! My achievement surely deserves remembrance too. That is how a commission of one became 10. Of course, having increased the number of monuments, I had to find places for them all... That proved difficult. Still, it is worth it! So long as I remember to sign these monuments, my name will be remembered forever. As it should be.

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/Zora_Stone_Monuments
>>
File: FutureFishMistress.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FutureFishMistress.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: BookFish.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BookFish.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: BlupeePraysForYourSoul.png (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
BlupeePraysForYourSoul.png
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>182282224
>Such is the origin of the Champion Festival.

What are the odds that this plays into the DLC2 content? There seemed to be some indication that Kass would be giving Link a quest about the Champions. The game ends with Link on his way to Zora's domain.
>>
File: 1499723230314.png (3MB, 2502x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1499723230314.png
3MB, 2502x1232px
>>182280412
Some faggot has /vp/ by the balls and has been demanding lewd drawings in exchange for a day of not being spammed. It seems like he got bored and decided to raid this board and /v/ as well.
>>
>>182284669
>What are the odds that this plays into the DLC2 content?
Very likely I'd say. It was my theory the moment I learned about how it was focused on the champions. What with how the game ends with them heading to Zora's Domain.
>>
>>182285192
The Zora are the ones that wrote about it. Nobody else seems to have it mentioned. It might even just be a local thing. Best outcome would be for others to migrate to Zora's domain for the festival, which would play into Kass showing up.
>>
Will 5mash Bros finally give us the Majora's Mask version of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7PsFD9UuY8
>>
>>182279806
I think /v/ got shit on as well.
>>
>>182285496
Don't hold your breath.
>>
File: can'twakeup.jpg (21KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
can'twakeup.jpg
21KB, 600x330px
>Started FSA about half an hour ago
>Village of the Blue Maiden
THE FUN STOPS HERE
>>
We always assumed that Gerudo pants were puffy.
Your reaction when they have been form fitting the whole time?
Pure muscle.
>>
is there a directional thing im not figuring out for the korok mask like there is for the sheikah sensor?
>>
File: PurpleFish.png (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
PurpleFish.png
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>
>>
>>182287325
So how much dodgy fish banging happened in that bed?
>>
>>182287963
Went on for years.
>>
>>182287963
Mipha died a virgin
>>
>>182286850
>Fish

I thought they were supposed to be dolphins
>>
File: SidonFanClub.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SidonFanClub.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>182288150
Zora have gills. They are half fish. Basically mermaids.
>>
Why the hell can't I simply tell these faggots to build me everything in the house if I have enough rupees on me? That shit's tedious.
>>
File: LazyFish.png (2MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LazyFish.png
2MB, 2560x1080px
>>
>every fanfic has Majora being big and relevant
>only appeared in one fucking game as a mask
>>
File: IMG_1304.jpg (89KB, 600x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1304.jpg
89KB, 600x416px
>>
>>182288816
>reading non-smut fanfic
it's your own fault
>>
>>182288140
In that case how many bastard fish children did Link have?
>>
>>182284669
Kass is also overlooking Vah Ruta from the trailer.
If the game is post-Ganon and Zelda becomes an NPC in the overworld, it might be she asks him to go about and discover some stuff and you run into Kass
>>
What's the verdict on BOTW Hard Mode? Enough to make a replay worth it? I already got 100+ hours, 120 shrines, and 450+ Koroks out of my first run
>>
>>182289808
Too much build up for this if it's just one new dungeon and/or fetch quest. I hope this is basically a "game 2" on the same map. Bonus points to Nintendo if we play as Zelda.
>>
>>182290572
I'm assuming it's something along the lines of a memory fetch quest but then you remember some important shit which leads to a new dungeon which is just going to be a big sheikah trial probably.
>>
>>182290175
The same as normal mode after the beginning.
>>
File: 170608220712659.jpg (424KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
170608220712659.jpg
424KB, 1280x720px
>>182289808
>Zelda becomes an NPC in the overworld
Oh boy!
>>
>>182291804
That video was too fucking much
>>
File: IMG_1305.png (310KB, 1024x1346px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1305.png
310KB, 1024x1346px
>>182289808
>Kass meets Zelda
>"Your highness, remember the sheikah court poet? He totally wanted to bang you. Here, let me play you a song he wrote about you fucking Link"
>>
>>182290175
>Enough to make a replay worth it?
I've had a lot of fun with it personally. My impression of the hard mode has grown after playing it for myself. It actually makes a relatively substantial difference.

But BotW by itself has proven to be much more replayable than I had first imagined. It's been really fun to re-apply all that I've learned over the course of my first playthrough. And trying new solutions for Shrines and other challenges. As well as simply plotting my paths through the world now that I am much more familiar with the Hyrule of BotW itself.

And replaying it on hard mode is something I feel like have made it even more enjoyable. Trying to use my experience to do things more efficiently than before, in spite of the higher difficulty. I am really loving it.
I also think those flying platforms with the sky octoroks honestly make the whole platforming segments in between high altitude areas and whatnot a lot more enjoyable in general. They might look a bit silly at times, but in general I'd say they contribute gameplay wise. It's fun trying to reach them and it's fun trying to make use of them or even move them. Of course this is in addition to there being more enemies in the world map in general now compared to before. Which is fun.
>>
>>182293498
But above all I was underestimating the regenerating health. Some might not be that fond of the idea in general but I really do feel like it's a magnificent addition to the game and I can't help but wonder what I would think of the game had regenerating health been in the game from the beginning.

BotW by nature is a game that offers numerous solutions to any hurdle. And finding and coming up with these solutions is part of the game. But that also means that are countless of ways to be a real cheap bastard too. And honestly, there isn't exactly anything wrong with that. Finding a solution that works and let's you come out on top is great fun. That said, the regenerating health doesn't so much let you take pot shots at enemies, then taking it slow for another opportunity for a cheap pot shot. The regenerating health means that if you're fighting an enemy you really have to focus on the enemy until the fight is over. And that really makes fighting feel much more like fighting and I don't really mind that. It really makes fighting feel much more intense. And it also means that if you mess up, leaving your enemy free, you'll get punished for it and the enemy will recover health. And then that's on you, because of your short comings. It puts pressure on you and makes fights both more intense and more difficult.
>>
>>182293419
Link to the video?
>>
>>182293946
I am not really sure what to think about the DLC costumes though. On one hand I really love the look of them and I've been using them a ton. But on the other hand I kind of feel like they're too easy to get access to relative to what they do. Like, you could go all the corners of the world and gather the pieces for the Barbarian set. Or you could get the Phantom set within the first hour of the game off from the plateau. Likewise with Tingle's outfit, you could find the fairies and upgrade your armour, or you could just get the Tingle outfit right away.
Since this was my second playthrough and on hardmode I honestly didn't care much and it was actually pretty neat to benefit from them. But if it really was my first playthrough of the game I really doubt I would liked it.

All in all though. I've had great fun with the DLC. But then again, I was planning on replaying BotW regardless and likely would have enjoyed that too. So that's where I am coming from. But I really do think the DLC has enhanced my experience.
The Master Trials were cool too. Though some floors truly are cheap.
>>
>>182294000
I've none
>>
>>182294000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mPWGlhmM3k&t?&t=1m05s
>setting riju's palace on fire during her time off in order to snap riju upskirt pictures in the ensuing chaos
The things you can do in this game.
>>
>>182294070
I'm still only at 50, I should give the last levels another go.
What do you mix with to make a potion last 30 minutes again?
Maybe some extra defense could help me.
>>
>>182294380
I didn't even know she had a time off. always saw her at the throne room.
>>
>>182294913
you have to do the thunderhelm quest before she leaves her throne at night. I never thought of touching it before I saw that here
>>
>>182294380
Do they know nothing about privacy?
>>
>>182294445
You'd want dragon horns and a critical success for cooking if you want a long duration.

That said. For the Master Trials. It might be a bit silly. But if you're having trouble with the Master Trials. Try bombing down each and every tree you come across in order to harvest all their wood and the occasional acorn.
And then when you get to resting levels where you can cook. And then you simply throw the wood into the pan one by one, one by one. For burnt rock hard food. Again and again until you've maxed out your inventory.

It might be a tad tedious. And while the "food" only gives you a quarter heart each. With all the wood you gather it's easily an extra 10-20+ hearts for each time you do it.
It helped me at the very least to cover for my foolish mistakes.

All in all though. The Master Trials were actually really interesting. Though they weren't exactly the Eventide Island I was expecting. And was much more ruthless.
>>
>>182294380
Is fire traumatizing?
>>
>>182295473
Fire's hot
>>
>>182295457
that's disgusting. Do temporary hearts carry over into the Master Trials?
>>
>>182295942
Personally I couldn't help but get a chuckle out of the idea of Link being so desperate that he'd literally chomp down on wood to survive.

I just imagine Link spending about a week in the trials and being so low on food that he actually starts to throw chunks of wood into the pan.
It's not easy being the hero.
>>
>>182295942
Yes
>>
>>182296215
Doing stuff like that usually takes me out of the game. The same way cooking three crabs and a snail gave me steamed fish.
The trials weren't that bad for me though. Once they started giving me hearty food it was a cakewalk so long as I actually remembered to eat it
>>
>>182296585
The trials are a bitch on hard mode what with the regenerating health. I mean, it's far from impossible. And I could probably complete the trial multiple times in a row now that I have actually familiarized myself with the levels and aren't shocked or surprised like the first time I did it.
But hard mode sure made it unforgiving.
>>
>>182296847
I would imagine.
I'm still debating a hard mode playthrough or a third normal mode. The way it sounds only the starting portion of the game is particularly difficult and the for the rest maybe only boss fights take a little bit more thought to accomplish
>>
For the Master Trials. In terms of difficulty.
Beginning Trials > Middle Trials > Final Trials
>>
>>182297080
The trials were fun on the first playthrough. The dark rooms especially even though they were piss easy. Do the trials become immediately available upon drawing the Mister Sword?
>>
File: mammamia.png (44KB, 151x158px) Image search: [Google]
mammamia.png
44KB, 151x158px
>that bowling game that's literally free money
What were they thinking?
>>
>>182297728
One talus gives you something like 200 rupees and you run into at least three just on the way from the plateau to Hebra, more like 5 if you go to Kakariko first. How much does snowling net you for each strike?
>>
>>182297925
300. And getting strikes is really easy once you figure out where to aim.
>>
>>182297068
Hard mode still feels relevant even later I'd say. But you certainly rise to get your own bearings, much like normally in the late game.
But the way how you can't simply ignore damaged enemies unless you want them to regenerate really does stick with you. I'd argue it matters. And I kind of like it myself.

But really. If you've already played I'd more than recommend trying it if you're planning on replaying the game anyway. There are new enemies where there were none before. There are new platforms with new treasure and boxes. It's kind of a face lift that keeps replaying the same areas feel a bit fresher.

The way the enemies are ranked up kind of stops feeling all that intimidating after a time though. Admittedly. That said, fighting a whole legion of silver enemies in the areas where they spawn, or a gold enemy. Does force you to fight effectively unless you want to lose out even if you manage to best the enemies. A few times I can admit that it might have been a tiny bit tedious. But in general it more or less forced me to fight smarter and think of more ways to fight in general that I hadn't considered or utilized much before. And whenever I did triumph over an intimidating group of enemies in a smart way like that it really did end up satisfying.
And I also feel like it's well worth mentioning how much more relevant I feel like stealth is. Not just for avoiding enemies. But in general in order to deal with the tougher ones more effectively. Do it well and you can not just take out one enemy, but several or hopefully even all of them. And stealth by itself has been made tougher in how the enemies actually spot you faster and more easily. Which is actually well worth mentioning and something else I enjoy about the hard mode. Enemies are more aware of you and more on you in general. Increasing the feeling of their presence throughout the world in general.

Do whatever you want in the end. But I'd say it's well worth a try to form your own opinion.
>>
>>182285728
how does Hyrule Historia think this game comes in the child timeline? It's ripped straight out of A Link to the Fucking Past.
>>
>>182297637
You have to leave the area. Or well, enter or exit the "world" rather.
Meaning you have to fast travel or enter a shrine / beast and then load back into the world again. And then you have access to the master trials immediately after pulling out the master sword.

Personally I jumped straight into the master mode upon downloading the DLC. After loading up my old save to watch my path with the hero path thing at the very least.
I gathered the DLC costumes. Maxed out my stamina. Cleared two divine beasts. And then I finally got myself to 13 hearts again.
I could have always done the boons statue in order to respec back and forth. But I wanted full stamina and exactly 13 hearts for my trials and that's what I did. I don't regret it. Level 10 was bullshit though but I learned to get past it.
>>
>>182297637
>The dark rooms especially even though they were piss easy.
I got fucked by the Hinox. I was moving backwards and aiming for its eye, only walk backwards striaght into a building. And then I got one shotted.
The room with the Wizrobe and all the Bokoblins was brutal too. There was so many enemies and so many walls and so little light. That escaping from and or hiding from the enemies. Let alone trying to take them out one by one was really hard. I had to use more equipment than I desired on that level, and I also took a lot more damage than I had hoped.

Of course, the hard mode made it a lot more difficult. I guess the numbers wouldn't have meant that much if they were one rank lower.
No matter the difficulty, the dark rooms were no doubt the scariest of the entire trial I feel like.
>>
>>182298539
I did it with max hearts on regular mode and I barely made it past the stalhorse level every time I entered it, I don't want to think about how that would go without full health.
The stalnox was always funny though, by the time I killed it it had torn off every rib, its jaw and its arm to toss at me because all I could do was smack it with shitty weapons at shoot arrows at it
>>
>>182299096
I was just really glad whenever I got to fight the skeletons over other enemies. Because aside from the Stalnox, you can kill of them with just two bombs. Or a couple of hits using their very own arms.
Meaning that I could quickly dispatch of them without having use my own equipment or even having to run from them across the entire level if I could just make them explode in front me instead.

The Stalnox fight was fun though. Chasing that eye all over the place while the main body regenerated health was interesting. Though I never let it recover enough health to escape critical health, so I managed to pop that eye right back out again every time even so.
>>
>>182299046
It was great for me because I wanted to see more of the light mechanics played and they delivered.
>>
>>182299516
the body's health is different from the eye's? How does a stalnox work? Is there a way to insta-kill it like regular stals?
I filled my inventory with stal arms so I was just running around breaking stuff against its legs while considering trying to drop rusty weapons and catch it in a lightning bolt
>>
They shouldn't have made the difficulty of the trial levels different between regular and hard mode. Instead they should have added more levels.
>>
Lizalfos are hard to fight. Especially unarmed.
When I did the trials I no joke gave unarmed lizalfos weapons just so that I'd be able to fight them easier.

Moblins might deal more damage and have much more health. But lizalfos are faster. If you run they've got ranged attacks. And when they don't have any weapons do that attack where they rush in and do a wide tail swipe.
>>
>>182300585
Lizals are annoyed just because they'll keep jumping backwards and you'll have to run them down
>>
>>182300553
>They shouldn't have made the difficulty of the trial levels different between regular and hard mode.
Why not? Why give the trial levels special treatment?
>>
>>182300553
It would be really weird if enemies all of a sudden stopped regenerating health just because you entered the trials. And if they still regenerate health, they might as well still rank up all the enemies.

Or do you mean that the trials should be like hard mode in in regular mode?
Honestly, I am not so sure about that. It can honestly be pretty brutal on hard mode and I am not sure how many people of the casual market would make it even with preparation. And I am not really sure I feel like that'd be right. The game is for them too.
>>
File: DB0cxH6VwAA5a9U.jpg (87KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DB0cxH6VwAA5a9U.jpg
87KB, 1200x675px
>>
Is there a canon name for Zelda's horse?
>>
>>182304018
Steve
>>
help on master mode trial of the sword. i keep dying on floor 10
>>
>>182305680
Shoot the fucker in the center the instant you get into the room so that you don't trigger the other two.
1 vs. 1 the silver ones. Sneak up to one and stunlock it with the thunder rod. Just make sure you don't trigger both.
>>
>>182304143
Thanks.
And Ganondorf's horse?
>>
>>182306745
Bill
>>
There's one fuck in Tarrey Town who insults your clothes and asks you if you want to do something for money. What was his quest? I never did it because I doubted it involved kicking him into the lake.
>>
>it's a "lava rock falls on the ground 3 meters in front of you and instantly kills you" episode
Mmmm I'm loving it!
>>
>>182308478
HA
>>
>>182308254
He wants you to kill two guardians for his amusement
>>
>>182308772
What was that platoon of guardians doing there anyway? It was too far from the base to be part of the assault on Akkala Citadel but that's the only reason I can think of for them to be around.
>>
I'm replaying BOTW right now (after managing to snag a switch in Montana) and I'm shocked at how emotional this feels. I really love these characters, even though you barely interact with them at all.

I hope the champion DLC is good. I really want more story, even if the voice acting is mediocre at best.
>>
File: templeoftime.jpg (154KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
templeoftime.jpg
154KB, 1200x675px
>>182309367
I've never gotten immersed into a game as much as I have this one. Even little things around the overwold got incredibly poignant for me and I've never come so close to crying during a video game before.
>>
>>182309730
I know that feel my dude. For real, this game reminds me so much of a time when things were different in my life, since Zelda games have always been such a constant for me.

They really knew how to hit those nostalgia notes this time, didn't they?
>>
>>182310000
The night riding theme is the best track out of the whole game, hands down.
>>
>>182310179
>That gentle classic overworld theme
Agreed.
>>
>>182305680
Still at it?
Right away stasis the lizalfos in the middle and shoot it once in the face. Should be enough to kill it.
Then walk back to the beginning where you spawn and make three ice blocks in the water right next to eachother. They'll come in handy later.
Now sneak up one of the silver lizalfos. Sneak attack it, and hope that it doesn't fall into the water. Right after sneak attacking it, run around it and place yourself on the opposite end from where you attacked and crouch down. If successful, the lizalfos will turn around without noticing you, and you'll be able to sneak attack it once more.

Repeat until you kill them. However. If they fall into the water, or if they notice you for whatever the reason. Run away. Run away and skedaddle. Run back across the bridge and jump onto the ice pillars you made from before. Circle around the ice pillars so that you're at the opposite end from the lizalfos. And then just hold still as to not to drain your stamina. And just hide until the lizalfos move back into place. Eventually they'll return to where they were. And even if they don't face outwards right away, they'll eventually reposition and turn outwards again since that's their default position.
And when that's done, you can sneak back up on them and sneak attack again. And sneak attacks do well enough damage that they won't recover all of their health. Especially if you get multiple sneak attacks in a row.

Alternatively. You can climb up high, and do slowmotion shots in the face over and over again until you fall into the water. You'll take damage, but also be teleported right back from where you jumped from. It'll cost you health, bow durability, and arrows. But continuous headshots from this method should prove efficient enough.

That's all the advice I can really give though. I tried a lot of things. Trying to fight them conventionally when one alerts the other, and when every other knockdown knocks them down into the water. Is just awful.
>>
>>182310179
I'm still not sure if I prefer it or the day theme. They're both really good, though.
>>
>>182309730
I cried several times while playing.
it's exactly how I imagined game as when I was a kid, but so much better

but at the same time I cry at romcoms, and I'm a huge wimp, so
>>
>>182293813
Weird. These are my thoughts exactly. . .
>>
>>182310908
Horses are worth it just for the music but the stupid battle theme interrupts every five seconds because a bunch of stupid chuchus or stals pop up to bother you, or you have to save the stupid truffle sisters AGAIN
>>
File: WhatAreTheseShooosYouSpeakOf.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WhatAreTheseShooosYouSpeakOf.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: C89ucsgUAAEF_oZ.jpg large.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C89ucsgUAAEF_oZ.jpg large.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>182311339
Sometimes I just try to horse as long as I can.
You can get it further than you think you'd be able to if you're determined.
>>
File: reunited_by_stormhelen-dbfsw26.jpg (133KB, 1024x652px) Image search: [Google]
reunited_by_stormhelen-dbfsw26.jpg
133KB, 1024x652px
>>
File: LinkAndMiphaSittingInATree.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LinkAndMiphaSittingInATree.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>182312708
I guess "Link and Mipha sitting on a giant mechanical elephant trunk" doesn't have the same ring to it
>>
>>182313004
It's a tough rhyme.
>>
File: kass.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
kass.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>182313004
Link and Mipha sitting on a trunk

Mipha died and the ship got sunk
>>
File: It happened.gif (932KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
It happened.gif
932KB, 400x265px
>>182313542
FUCKING
SAVAGE
>>
What's the best armor in the game and why is it the Soldier's armor?
>>
File: tfw feeling that feel when.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tfw feeling that feel when.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>182310000
>Hyrule Castle's interior theme has Zelda's lullaby mixed into it
>The first time I hear it is when I climbed into her room
>>
>>182314684
I never bought that. The hylian tunic always did it for me.
>>
>>182315085
>not buying the set of armor, but just regular-ass clothes
you're zelda's appointed knight, not zelda's appointed twink
>>
>>182314684
Soldier's armor, hylian trousers, diamond circlet is how I roll
>>
File: C6l1AXzU8AAf-I8.jpg large.jpg (195KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C6l1AXzU8AAf-I8.jpg large.jpg
195KB, 1280x720px
>>182315339
It has a chestplate.
>>
>>182315437
and chainmail
>>
>>182314684
I spend most of my time in the Sheikah suit.
>>
I like to change my outfit every time I get soaked since walking around in wet clothes suck. I end up spending a lot of time in the worn out set because of that.
>>
>>182314684
Phantom pants. And nothing else.
But for real. The best looking pants in the game.
>>
>No skull kid outfit.
>>
>>182316478
I kinda wish the mask had the whole skull kid head along with it in game. Because right now it's only the mask floating in front of link face.
>>
a shrine in dueling peaks called shee venath apparently has two chests. I've taken one of them but the chest icon still shows up in the map.

I've looked everywhere and i can't find the other chest. Anyone has ideas?
>>
>>182318707
The chest icon only shows up when you get all the chests, not when there are still chests to find/open.

Kinda backwards, imo
>>
>>182318785
thanks, that makes more sense
>>
>>182315437
What outfit is that?
>>
>>182319591
Cap of the Wild
Hylian Tunic (green dye)
??? Pants
>>
>>182306745
Idk, but I named the giant horse Dragmire.
>>
>>182285784
I don't know about fitting but they're certainly tighter than I previously assumed. I suppose the fact that it seems like they wear their underwear over their pants had an effect on that perception
>>
>>182304018
In the old comics, her horse's name was Storm
>>
Are the Memories just pre-rendered video files or are they in real time?
>>
>>182323285
I don't see them as being any different as the other cutscenes, which seem to be 'real time' as you put it (what your Link is wearing is what is in the scene)

Granted, memory cut scenes have a bit more action in them, so they might be just videos.
>>
>>182304018
No.
>>
interesting. anybody got a map for FSA and BotW? the locations somewhat align.
>>
>>182294380
That text to speech sounds like how everyone in Okami talks
>>
I need to know more about the DLC

If the "story" is literally just some more memories you get as you play through the new area I'll be mad
>>
>>182329113
You'll probably be mad, then.
>>
PRAISE THE GODDESSES
>>
>>182332121
>Goddess(es)

We worship the one true goddess Her Grace around these parts heathen boy
>>
>>182323285
I think they're pre-rendered.
For what it's worth. In master mode, when the plateau is full of nothing but blue bokoblins. The cutscenes where the towers rise at the very beginning still show red bokoblins.
>>
>>182329019
He uses some version of voiceroid.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiceroid
>>
I kind of wish the trials would have given me a better sword beam. Or a better spin attack. Or at the very least anything aside from leaving my master sword activated at all times.
Though in the end it's not all that bad. I'll admit that it's incredibly useful.
>>
>>182319639
Those are Snowquill pants
>>
>>182281774
What's she measuring his arm for
>>
>>182299046
>I was moving backwards and aiming for its eye, only walk backwards striaght into a building. And then I got one shotted.
This is why I always use Stasis+ on them before going for the eye shot. I can't line up my shot for shit when they're walking towards me.
>>
>>182279632
Any decent discussion of master mode going on, when I get the game I'm not sure if I should start on master mode or not, all the reviews seem to just list what I already know, new enemy placement, harder enemy's ect, but I see no real discussion on if it's worth playing over the normal game.
>>
>>182337106
Because it's a different experience.
>>
>>182337106
I'd go for it personally. I don't think it really changes enough of the base game to make it worth doing a second playthrough just for Master Mode.
>>
>>182337106
I think it's fairly subjective. You already know what Master Mode offers you - either give it a shot or try and decide whether you're interested in it.

Personally I don't enjoy Breath of the Wild overly for its combat or challenge, and Master Mode isn't particularly difficult for me but simply tedious. I don't get anything out of it, but that might not be the same for you. Some people find the new experience fresh, especially if they were gearing up for a second run through the game anyway.
>>
>>182337198
Ta, I wish there was a decent resource just for hating games on how well they handle difficulty modes, since you get some where it's really the best way to play the game, other where it just makes the game into a grind in places, RPG's are really bad for this and other were it's flat out broken in places and was clearly not fully tested.
>>
>>182337553
I remember Metroid Prime doing hard mode just right, but indeed, in most games, it just means that enemies have more HP and deals more damage.
>>
File: 1498326332817.jpg (349KB, 494x651px) Image search: [Google]
1498326332817.jpg
349KB, 494x651px
>>182337101
>This is why I always use Stasis+ on them before going for the eye shot.
B-but I did. Black hinoxes don't Stasis for long. The wall fucked up my aim so I didn't get my shot off in time before the Stasis ended. And with the stasis gone and the Hinox close to me I figured I'd run to the side to escape instead, but apparently I jumped onto the wall instead and by then it was already too late.
>>
>>182337553
I mean something like Watch_Dogs 2 is best played on it's hardest setting for most of the game since otherwise the games a cake walk and you can ignore most of the more fun ways to play, but then there's one mission that's pretty much an on rails shooter, which is flat out broken, beating it is down to luck due to random spawns and the fact that it's one of the few parts of the game were you must take a ton of hits.
>>
>>182337678
Oh, new Setz?
>>
>>182337625
Shooters can be really bad, so many of them have no fun way to play without getting hit so hard becomes a game of playing in the dullest way possible.
>>
Why do some people claim that you can't get one-shotted while at full health in this game?
It has happened to me all the time. What are they even basing their claims on?

I can only assume they haven't even played the game.
>>
>>182337813
Same with RPG and hack'n' slash.

Only STALKER and Metroid Prime do it right.
>>
>>182299046
>>182337101
>>182337678
Hot top for Hinoxes - There's no need to use Stasis. Just bait them into an attack, sprint out of it then go for the shot. It's incredibly easy once you get the hang of it and you can just trap them in loops.
>>
>>182339767
>Just bait them into an attack, sprint out of it then go for the shot.
That's really dangerous in pitch black darkness though. It's not as if I can't hit them without stasis otherwise though.
>>
>>182338276
Most Plat games do it well, same for most of Capcom's.
Even NT got it right with DmC.
First set of difficulties are alike but the hardest is the ideal mode, then beating the game unlocks modes that largely remix the game while making it harder.
>>
File: DEdEiunVoAAzw402.jpg (2MB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
DEdEiunVoAAzw402.jpg
2MB, 1280x1440px
love this chill ass orchard on the east of satori mountain
>>
>>182339767
Probably not the best idea to put yourself in harms way like that in the trials.
>>
>>182340423
>>182341979
I guess it depends how familiar you are with the tactic. I used it all throughout the game, so doing it in the trial wasn't an issue for me.
>>
>>182342283
Meant to add on, you can do it in such a way that the Hinox never actually moves, negating the need to worry about your positioning in the dark
>>
>>182338276
What did Prime do?
>>
>>182342346
>negating the need to worry about your positioning in the dark
That's assuming you even know the layout to begin with. There are barrels, boxes, and broken walls all over the place.
>>
>>182342786
If you run up to the Hinox in a straight line, you know there's nothing behind you. From there, as I said the Hinox will never move from its position, it'll just be locked in a loop of attack animations and knockdown animations from being hit in the eye. Trust me, it's a lot easier than you're making it out to be.
>>
>>182343026
And that probably would have been fine, if I had gone for the Hinox at first. And not the Hinox heading towards me as I was trying to scout the area and looking for treasure.

It's not as if I think Hinoxes are hard or anything. I don't. But they still hit hard and in a less than ideal situation you could find yourself duped if you mess up. That's all.
>>
File: IMG_1307.jpg (82KB, 719x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1307.jpg
82KB, 719x630px
>>
Just ordered this game.

Should I start on Master Mode or not? I watched a fair bit of a playthrough on youtube and silver enemies already seem to take forever to kill. Master Mode simply bumps all enemies up a tier, right? Doesn't that mean that fights take way longer, but aren't inherently more difficult, because with 88 armor nothing besides Lynels seems to be able to hit Link for respectable damage anyway? I like a challenge, but fights just taking longer isn't really what I'm looking for.

I'm also concerned with the difficulty curve on Master Mode. With the Plateau being full of blue enemies the very start of the game seems to be the most difficult part in Master Mode, because Link has no armor and no decent weapons yet.

Thoughts?
>>
>>182344830
The durability system is balanced around normal mode. You're going to be frustrated with the plateau if you start on master mode
>>
File: IMG_1306.jpg (100KB, 660x873px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1306.jpg
100KB, 660x873px
>>
>>182344830
depends how good you are at these style games really.
another wrinkle of the combat system on master mode is enemies regenerating health, so that certainly changes the game when you have shitty weapons; it can be hard to hurt multiple enemies before they heal themselves in those cases

of course you can just avoid enemies until you have armour and weapons, but that's no fun
>>
File: DDmLMqIUAAAGlaD.jpg (120KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DDmLMqIUAAAGlaD.jpg
120KB, 1200x675px
>Hylia tells the ancient monks the next hero will fall in battle
>They prepare the shrine system to retrain the hero in the event
>build the shrine of resurrection for you to use
>place the rune shrines around there for your convenience
>make over a hundred shrines to wait for your arrival, possibly more that were destroyed
>create ancient songs to be passed down to guide the hero
>create elaborate areas to act as trials
>even create a system of trials in the Master Sword itself to train the hero to wield its full potential
>create the Tunic of the Wild for the hero once his trials are over so he can wear the garb of a true hero
>forgot to leave a fucking note about how you were going to die
>>
>>182348350
Reminder that Nintendo creates the gameplay, items, and world first while working the story in retroactively
>>
File: 1490617145835.png (686KB, 1280x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1490617145835.png
686KB, 1280x1333px
How do I get a gillfriend?
>>
>>182349805
Find a love letter floating downstream and hope it's not from a loli
>>
File: IMG_1308.jpg (59KB, 540x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1308.jpg
59KB, 540x313px
>>182349805
Follow a girl around silently and when she tells you to fuck off, don't.
>>
>>182344830
>but aren't inherently more difficult
It's not just that they've got more HP making the fights take longer, and them dealing more damage making the fights more dangerous.

In Master Mode you actually need to know how to fight effectively. The regenerating enemy health is key. But there are actually more enemies in general in the overworld. Quite a few more actually. It's well worth mentioning.
But the regenerating health means that if you don't know how to keep up a fight until it's completed, you won't win the fight and persisting to fight in spite of that can't spell anything other than doom. It's actually pretty intense.

If you don't know how to take down silver enemies quickly of effectively you'll have a really hard time. So it really puts your skills to the test.
And for what it's worth. Enemies spot you a lot more easily. Making stealth more intense too, as well the act of fleeing from enemies.

Truth be told. I have been loving Master Mode. A lot more so than I initially expected. I had my worries that it would mostly be reduced to a boorish slog by the end of it. But after having played the majority of the game, including the Master Trials, in Master Mode. I'll have to say that I never really felt much of that. And have mostly just been enjoying it over the regular mode.

But should you start with Master Mode? I don't know. Ideally I feel like one should refrain from all the EX-gear/quests as well as Master Mode for the first run. The DLC gear and Master Mode in general feels like such an NG+ thing that I kind of feel like it would be a disservice to play it without being familiar with the original for how it makes things different. But I can't deny how I personally prefer Master Mode. The EX-gear/quests kind of feel like cheats for a first playthrough but that might just be me.
>>
File: ShotDownAgain.png (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
ShotDownAgain.png
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>182349805
>>
>>182344830
Today, I encountered my first Golden Bokoblin.
He had a normal Boko Bat as a weapon, and I had a total of 24 defense with 10 hearts. I took 8 hearts of damage in a single hit.
I don't know if this was true for the silver variants since I was pretty damn good equipped once they showed up on my normal playthrought, but I can assure you that golden enemies do definitely more damage with shitty weapons. I shouldn't have taken even a heart of damage.
They're also more aggressive and actually do additional attacks after their normal combo. They usually had a downtime afterward. This is throwing me off.

tl;dr:
It's not only the health that increases. They're more aggressive, do more damage, and more aware of the surroundings (not so easy to back-attack).
>>
I wonder if people will ever try to speed run the master trials specifically.
But I guess the problem would be to agree on how to start the trials. How many hearts, how much stamina. If pre-trial buffs are ok or not etc.
>>
>>182353793
Minimum hearts and stamina with no buffs
>>
>>182336692
>wish the trials would have given me a better sword beam
You do have a sword beam, dumbass. The Master Sword has always had one in BotW.
>>
>>182355186
It's not really my intent to antagonize you or anything. But I feel like you might want to re-read what you quoted.
>>
>>182350265
don't forget to save her life in front of her
>>
File: 61687706.gif (233KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
61687706.gif
233KB, 320x213px
>>182350265
Zelda is the cutest.
>>
>>182355495
Well that's what I got for posting from my phone.
>>
File: sword beam.webm (2MB, 680x384px) Image search: [Google]
sword beam.webm
2MB, 680x384px
>>182355793
How much damage does that sword beam even do anyway?
>>
>>182356152
Not much.
>>
>>182356152
It depends, I think it does more damage the more hearts you have. I know the range varies as well.

I love it though, it comes in handy more often than expected.
>>
File: 60944204_p0.png (443KB, 1564x1971px) Image search: [Google]
60944204_p0.png
443KB, 1564x1971px
>>
>>182340706
>Number of apples on each tree together, function as an elaborate cypher, leading to an undiscovered secret area that nobody has reached yet.
>>
>>182359178
It's how you get the illusive 901st Korok seed
>>
I just started the Sword Trial yesterday, but as soon as I finished the very first level, I had to leave to do some stuff. I noticed I couldn't save while I was there, so I was forced to leave the trail and save. Does it keep track of the levels you already beat, or do you have to start all over again?
>>
>>182360383
It has 3 sets of levels. It will remember if you have completed a set and let you into the next one, but you can't return to the middle of an incomplete set.
>>
>>182360383
Just put the console on sleep mode.
>>
>>182360520
Alright, thank you anon. Hopefully I can finish the whole thing today in one sitting.

>>182360862
I have a Wii U.
>>
God fucking dammit. There goes the no game over playthrough on master mode.
A white Lynel spotted me and I didn't notice it while I was out of fairies and suddenly three arrows rain down upon you.
>>
>>182361554
Push the home button and leave it paused until you want to play again. I go months at a time without shutting down.
>>
>>182361764
Start over. It's the honest thing to do.
>>
>>182361842
Aren't you worried about random power outages?
>>
>>182332798
Your 'goddess' died and reincarnated as a mortal. You worship an empty husk powered by machines. The foolish Hylians may believe the Sheikah propaganda, but you should know better.
>>
>>182362453
Then it returns to the last save game.
I've got my Nintendo on a line conditioner.
>>
File: 1484160791408.jpg (292KB, 1014x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1484160791408.jpg
292KB, 1014x1035px
I don't remember much of last night, but I remember seeing gold varients of enemies. How much HP do those fucks have? Do I use one of the 6 ancient arrows I have on them?
>>
>>182362872
Do you want loot? Then no.
>>
>>182314852
The inside castle theme adds so much atmosphere. Like just by listening to it let's you know that something has gone terribly wrong.
>>
File: IMG_1309.jpg (199KB, 895x895px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1309.jpg
199KB, 895x895px
Is this some kind of Japanese tradition shit
>>
>>182364113
this is a Japanese tradition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanabata
>>
>>182364113
Like the tying wishes to trees?
>>
>>182342564
Just raise the damage caused while letting enemy HP stay the same.

It made it mandatory to master the dodge move, taking a hit from a boss was terrible.

STALKER raises everyone's damage, making you die in one burst, but allowing you kill most creatures in a few bullets as well.
>>
Need the "Dolphin roll too sweet for this world" image pls.
>>
File: 1489795260048.png (294KB, 450x653px) Image search: [Google]
1489795260048.png
294KB, 450x653px
>>182367331
I gotchu senpai
>>
Tried Hyrule Warriors.

Expected shit.

Got an okay game.
Still frantic as fuck with 1 353 missions at once.
>>
>>182356152
I think it's like 20 or 30 maybe
>>
The last two weapons slots are 100 seeds, right?
>>
>>182363258
I think it measures how desperate Zelda's whole predicament has become more. She's been there for a century so of course the theme is going to focus on her.
>>
File: lightning riju.jpg (25KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
lightning riju.jpg
25KB, 320x320px
>>
Four swords adventure feels way too simple for a single player runthrough. It must get harder eventually but I've just breezed through the first three worlds so far
>>
File: chieftan.jpg (192KB, 1050x1313px) Image search: [Google]
chieftan.jpg
192KB, 1050x1313px
>>
>>182371118
>You will never fuck Riju while shes learning Naboris's controls
>She will never turn the Divine Beast into your and hers sex chamber
>>
>>182371118
I thought the beasts were prettier with red glows instead of blue
>>
File: Lookout.png (603KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lookout.png
603KB, 1280x720px
>>182371784

you're assuming she didn't just send Sudrey away and and examine the differences between voe and vai with Link in the Outpost
>>
>>182369687
Obviously craving for the D.
>>
File: helm.jpg (57KB, 736x525px) Image search: [Google]
helm.jpg
57KB, 736x525px
>>
>>182373000
fucking no quality pornography and instead all we get is trap link picture five million
>>
>>182373549

Good Gerudo porn is a rare beast among the rare beasts of Good Zelda porn
>>
Borrowed a Switch to play BOTW. Great game, i freed all divine beasts, sadly i have to return the switch before i can do the castle.

So I went on youtube and happened to see a speedrun. Why are all fucking zelda speedruns by faggots in dresses? The fuck is this shit?
>>
File: IMG_1209.jpg (44KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1209.jpg
44KB, 1024x576px
>>182372570
>100 years of craving Link's D

How fast did she get his pants off at the end?
>>
Korok Mask is a nice gimmick and does help, but the range is way too short.
>>
>>182375141
She met Impa with him oozing down her leg
>>
>>182337821
You only get one-shot on Master Mode.
On normal mode you survive with 1/4 of a heart.
>>
Just started my first playthrough of this, I'm at the Great Fairy Fountain near Kakariko.

What are the best ways to get rupees? Also is there any way to store weapons somewhere? Shit breaks so fast
>>
>>182377661
Gem selling, snowling, gem selling, guardian parts harvest selling
No
>>
File: DEe71ukVoAAO8cg.jpg large.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DEe71ukVoAAO8cg.jpg large.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
Aw man, I was doing so well.
It sucks to get one shot before you can even get a bearing on what's going on this floor.
>>
>>182377661
Sell the shit you find.
You can store three bows, three weapons, and three shields once you buy a house.
Otherwise, you'll get used to throwing weapons away soon enough.
>>
>>182374792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH6aHcTY4H0

Enjoy the omelette au fromage.

>>182375141
She probably ripped his clothes off.
>>
>>182378767
I hated that floor but I managed to do it without dying
>>
>>182377619
>On normal mode you survive with 1/4 of a heart.
That's not the case though.
>>
>>182379118
I tried to do the thing I do with the stalhorses where I bomb them then steal one to help me pick off the rest, but the lynel got me.
I forgot it had a spread shot so he'd catch me running.
Or that I'd still die with mostly full health.
>>
>>182378767
My advice. Don't fight a single Lynel. Their equipment aren't worth the trouble and the equipment you'll have spend to deal with them given the circumstances of the trial.
Blast them into oblivion with ancient arrows.
Each and every one.

For as long as you're able to handle gold enemies effectively without spending your ancient arrows, you should do fine.
>>
>>182379571
I was wondering if those would show up.
Maybe I should hold onto a fairy just in case.
I cook them since the 10 hearts seem more useful than 5
>>
>>182379458
I managed to ancient arrow the Lynel as it charged, but the only way I could kill the horse bokos was by getting trampled and then tanking a laser shot while they were crowded around me and I was ragdolling so it wouldn't damage me. A bit lucky but it worked
>>
>>182377661
You should be good on weapons not breaking as soon as you start finding reliable sources of metal weapons. Or better yet, elemental weapons.
As for money? Not really sure what'd be the best way on the east side of the map at that point in the game. Personally I headed west before even visiting Kakariko. And I've got plenty of tips for easy money there, but yeah.

If you cut grass around the Necluda regions or most parts of Hyrule really. At the very least. You should find crickets. Make an elixir using 3 Crickets and 2 Bokoblin guts or something and it should net you over 100 rupees a piece at the very least. It's not much but it's something. And considering how easy crickets are to obtain it's worth considering. I think.
>>
>>182379816
Cooked fairies do technically give you more hearts. But I think it's wise to consider fairies as insurance against fuck ups and one-shots.
It's easy to heal up to full health after being resurrected by a fairy. It's less easy to heal up after a game over, even if you had full health just prior.

If you're in need of an extra health boost though. I'd recommend cooking wood. Picture related. It actually helps a lot. And there is plenty of it in the trials too.
>>
>>182379352
It kind of seems like enemy attacks are just grouped into can kill and can't kill.
Some attacks will leave you with quarter heart but big ones like guardian beams can just kill you.
>>
File: 1325295198001.jpg (26KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1325295198001.jpg
26KB, 429x410px
>>182380859
>Cooked fairies do technically give you more hearts.
>Cooked fairies do technically
>Cooked fairies
>COOKED FAIRIES
>>
>>182380937
Arrows. Silver Lizalfos and Moblins. Physics like having things fall on you or you falling for fall damage. Stone Taluses, Hinoxes, Lynels obviously, and Guardians as mentioned. Can all kill you in one hit from full health.
Don't know about Bokoblins. But are they really that different?
>>
>>182381191
Technically.
In reality what they do is dance around the dish sprinkling fairy dust on your cooking, adding 10 hearts to its restore
>>
>>182381191
>"This powerful recovery elixir harnesses the power of fairies. It has a sweet fragrance."
>— In-game description
It's probably tasty. Somehow.
>>
File: 1427185015417.jpg (40KB, 423x393px) Image search: [Google]
1427185015417.jpg
40KB, 423x393px
>>182381264
Well that got better.
>>
>>182381425
>>182381191
>>182381264
Fairy vaginal secretions condensed into a thick syrup.
>>
File: IMG_0812.jpg (466KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0812.jpg
466KB, 1280x720px
>>182306392
>>182310739
thank you both, i finally did it. so here's what happened on floor 10:
>stasis'd and shot the fucker in the center, but missed the headshots so the silver ones noticed
>ran past the silver ones and hid on top of the fish skull
>waited for the silver lizalfos to go back to their original positions
>abused sneakstrike

floor 11 had me in a panic because i missed getting the archers, and a black bokoblin managed to hit me. but once i got to floor 12 i was all set
>>
I think the tunic of the wild is the best tunic ingame. Why is the set bonus so shit?
>>
>>182386870
Master Sword Mastery is just the bonus that goes on every green tunic
>>
>>182384492
I swear the beginning trials are the hardest part
>>
>>182388178
their title is misleading: they are not BEGINNER trials. they mimic the beginning of the game: you only have shit weapons to face enemies, and in master mode the enemies are harder as is. i'm hoping middle trials go a little more smoothly
>>
>>182388393
The middle trials mimic the middle of the game, where you try to set a bomb but it flies away.
>>
File: Hardcore_pornography.png (1MB, 1280x940px) Image search: [Google]
Hardcore_pornography.png
1MB, 1280x940px
>>
File: rust.webm (1MB, 680x384px) Image search: [Google]
rust.webm
1MB, 680x384px
When things don't quite go as planned.
>>
>>182389635
accurate
>>
Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲
>>
>>182288327

They're Amphibians; able to breath both in water and air, able to swim and to walk on land, and reproduce through soft eggs that hatch into tadpoles then metamorphise into the adult form.
>>
>>182389635
I was scared that it was going to spit my stuff straight into the lava. So I didn't even try. But it looks like there is a fairly good chance to pick it up before it slides down so perhaps I should have tried after all.

I just killed it as quickly as I could to avoid trouble.
>>
>>182389635
I lost a few things in the lava during that part.
>>
>>182390564
Amphibians don't normally have gills as adults.
>>
After 100% this game, and sitting a thinking about it...I think it falls comfortably as my third favorite Zelda. Behind MM and OoT.
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (30KB, 322x240px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
30KB, 322x240px
>>182393716
>liking OoT
>>
>>182394197
Problem?
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (30KB, 322x240px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
30KB, 322x240px
>>182394254
>>
>>182377287
Is that a reference to that one book about Indian immigrants
>>
File: tantrum.gif (2MB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
tantrum.gif
2MB, 500x276px
>Next Zelda game won't be for another six years
>>
File: 1450362975298.webm (732KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450362975298.webm
732KB, 640x360px
>>182398171
>we will never get another MM type game again
>>
>>182398171
>>182398636
Considering how drastically Aonuma reacts to criticism of the previous game I'd say that the next game will be much smaller (and denser) than BotW and will take significantly less dev time
>>
He seems to be listening to what the fans want now in Zelda. I heard that he was using the 2nd DLC to flesh out the Champions to address complaints both their lack of screen time and development.

Granted people still complain, but at least it shows he cares. The next game probably hasn't even really been thought of to any significant degree though.
>>
File: DEf0KgaVwAAjucB.jpg large.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DEf0KgaVwAAjucB.jpg large.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
That turret was a jerk.
>>
>>182399707
How do you guys screen cap and post here?
>>
File: DEf0X5sV0AAjMMr.jpg large.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DEf0X5sV0AAjMMr.jpg large.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
>>182400328
Post to twitter, download from twitter, repost.
I mean, I could also just move the micro SD, but you don't get any better quality, so.
>>
File: Ganoncalamity.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ganoncalamity.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
Is there any of his old self in there
>>
>>182403296
>ate] [Auto] 1 new post
No
>>
>>182403296
nope

without the triforce his mind has gone with only Demise's malice remaining
>>
>>182403469

makes sense

it's as much mercy to him as it is cleansing hyrule by destroying him now then I guess
>>
>>182398171
Who says FSA wont get an HD version on switch? Tetra's Trackers?
>>
>>182400328
From the WiiU, just press home and then browse the Internet to here for direct posting.
>>
>>182403296
Maybe. The Arbiters Grounds were barely even ruins anymore. It would be a sore location for him.
>>
>tfw Thunderblight on Master Mode with 3 hearts
how to the win
>>
File: Git.jpg (43KB, 544x339px) Image search: [Google]
Git.jpg
43KB, 544x339px
>>182406667
>>
>>182406667
I fought waterblight ganon with three Hearts on master mode.
>>
File: cave of gerudo wonders.png (46KB, 195x128px) Image search: [Google]
cave of gerudo wonders.png
46KB, 195x128px
>>182406667
You learn how to parry. Is my best advice. And stay clear away from the thunder orbs and be aware of how they bounce around and can hit you in the back even if you dodge them once.

I don't know what equipment you've got though. If you're in need of good weapons, picture related right northwest of the Gerudo Tower has just what you need though. If you weren't aware already.

If you want to be extra badass. Go to Hateno and grab the camera rune. And take your selfie with the Thunderblight.
>>
File: IMG_0814.jpg (483KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0814.jpg
483KB, 1280x720px
took me three days to beat the beginning trials.
took me a few hours to do the middle trials.

seriously. shit's so much easier.
>>
>>182408315
Free flight is really empowering.
>>
>>182408315
It really is. I have stated it before. The difficulty curve is kind of inverted.
The final trials still manage to come across pretty intense at the very least. Though you are much better equipped.

That said.
>27 hearts
Well. At the very least you won. I'll still congratulate you. Job well done anon.
>>
>>182406667
I recommend killing him.
>>
>>182408609
It's very generous to give you a set of elemental weapons early on before you begin to face elemental enemies.
>>
>>182409290
Yeah that's pretty much what makes it a cakewalk in comparison.
The final trials are much harder. But at the very least you actually get real weapons and not just twigs and boko crafts like in the beginning trials.
>>
>>182367849
Frantic is right.

I love how most challenges give you multiple objectives, but no perspective on which one is more important.
>>
File: shock.webm (132KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
shock.webm
132KB, 600x338px
>>182389635
wait, what the fuck did that thing just do? You can fix rusty weapons?
>>
>>182410475
Yes?
If they munch on a rust, they'll spit it out as a random polished weapon from traveler's to royal.
>>
>>182403296
I like to believe he's still himself, if mutated. It makes everything that much more grim.
>He knew what he was doing
>EVERYTHING he does is deliberate and not just him spouting his rage everywhere
>The amount of spite that goes into his actions is suddenly that much higher
seeing the Temple of Time convinces me of this
>>
>>182410581
does it repair damage?
>>
>>182411997
You can't restore a worn weapon, unless it is rusty.
>>
>>182411997
I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but I could be wrong.
>>
File: stalhorses.webm (3MB, 680x384px) Image search: [Google]
stalhorses.webm
3MB, 680x384px
I learned to enjoy horse combat quite a bit, but I still like it more for quick access to slowmo arrows.
>>
>>182412424
>I couldn't bring my stalhorse to the next level with me.
>>
>>182412424
Damn son, I didn't have as easy a time in that room, I got my ass kicked there every time
>>
How do defense boosts work if your armor is 0?
>>
>>182408609
i wanted the green tunic...

final trials are a bit too intense for me right now. i'm half asleep so i'll tackle them tomorrow. wasn't expecting the fucking gold enemies
>>
File: BBEG morality.webm (3MB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
BBEG morality.webm
3MB, 720x400px
For a future release or whatever comes next would you want a complex Ganondorf as the villain, or are you fine with just "I want to kill you and rule the world and control everything but mostly I want to kill you." Wind Waker's speech was good, I liked it a lot but we haven't seen him be anywhere close to sympathetic since
>>
File: field.jpg (92KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
field.jpg
92KB, 1200x720px
>>
>>182415140
Complex Ganon would be interesting, I guess, but they've definitely been going with him being the ultimate evil as of late instead of humanizing him
>>
Fuck that Lizalfos room on Master Mode. Honestly.
I don't mind the idea behind that but god fucking dammit, would it have been that hard to give us a bit of a bigger platform? Even when only one of those silver guys is left and I finally get him down he jumps back into the fucking water.
>>
>>182422046
What's the best strategy for this room?

Anyone have it down to a science yet?
>>
>>182422193
The method mentioned above works just fine. I did beat the beginner trials right now, I was simply letting out my frustration with the previous post.

Shoot the one in the center instantly.
Stunlock kill a silver one by alternating thunder rod and another weapon.
1 vs. 1 the remaining one.

And that last 1 vs. 1 is a major pain. I was lucky that I kept my 3+ attack food and did the most using bombs in the previous rooms so I had ~90 arrows and simply used headshots and statis once he fell into the water to kill it.

Super annoying.
>>
>>182387012
yeah, that master sword mastery is just useless though
>>
>>182415140
TP Ganondorf lost a bit of his complexity when they cut most of his dying speech. He demonstrated that he knows about the cycle and I gathered that the way the game played out was his attempt to find a loophole for it.
>>
>>182410257
Yeah, I had to redo the first mission several time to figure I'm not supposed to take all the forts instantly (or it locks the north part).
>>
>>182423123
Just got to this room and I already died. Fuck this, I'm going to sleep.
>>
So apparently you're locked to 3 weapons in BotW?
How comes a speedrunning I'm watching is grabbing everything?
>>
>>182429579
>locked to 3 weapons

What do you mean? You start out with way more than 3 weapon slots.
>>
>>182429685
Ha. I musta misunderstood.
>>
whats more important for master mode trials hearts or stamina? I have max stamina atm and about 7 hearts. Should I just go max hearts and 2 golden stamina wheels?
>>
>>182430480

3 hearts and 1 stamina

git gud
>>
how do I git gud at eyerulz warriors?
>>
>>182403296
On the outside, it looks like "no". However, the pig is still his spirit animal. Animal forms like the pig appear to be more closely bound to the mind than to the soul. TP Link had a different spirit animal compared to ALttP Link. I say that parts of his mind have to remain.
>>
>>182288816
probably because 'more ganon' isn't as interesting to read as a villain that was only used once, and whose origins are pretty mysterious
>>
File: 1464886930466.png (535KB, 1006x957px) Image search: [Google]
1464886930466.png
535KB, 1006x957px
>>182403296
>condenses his malice into a giant spooky ganondorf skull and gives himself EVEN MORE HAIR than future OoT Ganondorf had

he's still in there and compensating hard
>>
>>182434812
But WW's Ganondorf was awesome.
>>
>>182412424
>>182413274
I just threw a bomb, switched to other bomb and they all died.
Then another group saw me and I did the exact same thing. Then there were a couple in the corner of the room that never saw me. So I few up to them and did the same thing.

Didn't need to use any equipment and did not take any damage.
After all the other intimidating crap I had to fight in the trials up until that point it was really nice to face off against skeletons, who no matter their weapons or whatnot can still go down in a mere two hits from whatever. In comparison to the silvers from the previous floors it was the opposite of scary.
>>
>>182415140
I am fine with them dropping Ganondorf altogether. But the relentless Ocarina of Time dick riding will never allow for that.
I like Ganon as a concept though. It's a good opposing force and pig Ganon is good monster to act as a final villain but I wouldn't even consider that necessary but it would be cool to see the classic pig Ganon in 3D at least once but I kind of doubt it would ever happen in a serious game.
>>
File: ganondorf_by_lordmishkin.jpg (237KB, 500x837px) Image search: [Google]
ganondorf_by_lordmishkin.jpg
237KB, 500x837px
>>182403296

I really, really wished the Old Man in the beginning would have been Ganondorf, helping you eventually take him down; the last boss being your best friend, reluctantly. Would have been a fantastic twist and ending, I loved the theorising before the game released.

As it is though, he seems to now just be a mindless force of nature.

sudden urge to write
>>
>>
gollum companion when

https://twitter.com/TomButler/status/885065844564393984
>>
File: 1435668042865.gif (452KB, 508x270px) Image search: [Google]
1435668042865.gif
452KB, 508x270px
ded
>>
>>182437874
That would have been an odd choice, I think. Having Ganondorf disembodied from himself would be strange
>>
>>182442583
In a way I kind of hate the fact that they're still supporting the 3DS.
I never bothered with OoT 3D or MM 3D even though I've got two 3DSs. But I very well might have gotten them for the Switch.
>>
>>182443406
Is it morally wrong that I want someone to dump the 3ds textures into something that can be put into Dolphin to go with the gamecube port of the games?
>>
File: IMG_0152.jpg (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0152.jpg
33KB, 250x250px
>Amount of total screen time Mipha gets
Like 4 minutes maybe idk
>Amount of total time you'll devote to waifuwarring Mipha on vg
Like 4 years maybe idk
>>
>>182443803
yes, it is wrong to have desires
>>
File: reallynow.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
reallynow.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>182445153
>>
Now that Hero's path is out, all those comfyposters like "300 hours and haven't even left the plateau lol" can prove it. Let's have a contest whoever can post a screenshot with the bar filled up and the largest portion of the map not touched gets a medal for being the most comfy
>>
File: IMG_1263.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1263.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
>>182445153
>waifuing a dead fish
>>
Someone said master mode and regen make you have to actually consider alternate combat options, I've found that hasn't been the case. In normal mode, I'd try all the monster camp hazards just for fun, but in master mode what you really want to do is either kill them instantly (with sneakstrike or headshot) or beat them too fast to recover, effectively LIMITING your combat options, because there's no longer a point to preemptive strikes or thrifty use of runes, for example aiming explosives barrels by the time you get over there the enemies have already healed, and magnesis dropping or bombs are useless.
A superset point though is that Urbosa's ability is less op because it still effectively lets you freeze all enemies and focus on one of them in case you got yourself surrounded, but then the other enemies heal in the meantime
>>
>>182446346
Even in normal mode, I got into the habit of skipping camps, because I just didn't have much reason to raid them. I knew the weapons in my pockets were better than anything they held, and there is really no other prize from meeting them.
>>
>>182446806
>not wanting to purge Hyrule of all Boko camps
>>
>>182446806
most of their chests just have puny shit in them. By the time you're twenty hours in most of it is worthless
>>
where do I find kite shields?
>>
>>182448184
get a bad score in the snowboarding game or raid one of the boko camps in the tundra (it has no one but keese in it, i think. the chest is buried and you'll need magnesis)
>>
Post your first experience with the dragons
>In Farron Woods
>"Our stable keeps getting struck by lightning! Can you find out why?"
>Start climbing
>Look to the waterfall
>See giant fucking dragon surrounded by lightning
>I think I know what your problem is
>>
>>182448421
>running around great plateau looking for honey
>see a fuckin green snake fly out of lake hylia
>"HEBABAJAFUCKIN WHAT IS THAT"
>>
>>182447216
They just come back the next night.
>>
>>182448421
>See red line high in the sky in Akkala
>zoom in
>"oh shit it's fucking Volvagia"
>don't see it again
>Walking into Floria Falls from Lurelin
>See glowing thing, don't know what it is
>Zoom
>it's just the end of his tail moving about
>confused, move to the bridge and wait a bit
>Farosh pops out and I nearly shit myself
>someone on here encourages me to shoot it with an arrow
>"how about I fucking don't"
>figure out farming then and get a little disappointed
>>
>>182446346
>>182446806
But the higher ranked enemies don't go down instantly from a sneakstrike or headshot. And you actually have to try to do the above without alerting the rest of the group so that you can get the job done, chaining multiple headshots and or sneakstrikes together.

You claim that it limits combat options. And I mean that's technically true. As elaborated upon higher up in the thread master mode pretty much makes taking pot shots and other slower cheap tactics unviable. Which makes you have to go for more direct or unconventional options.

Magnesis is still useful. A dropped crate from a high enough height can still deal a good deal of damage to start of a fight. Likewise with Stasis'd objects. But most importantly, it can push and reposition enemies. Bombs and Korok leaves too.
Water. Fire. Fall damage. All of it is all very useful. If not to simply divide enemy groups. And Magnesis, Stasis, and Bombs are all useful for that. Even if they aren't useful for pot shots any more.
On numerous occasions I have set fire a whole bunch of bundles of wood, creating an updraft for the use of my bow. But then to also push my enemies into so that they would burn take lots of damage and never have time to regenerate.

And then you've got chu chu jellies. Of all the elements. They help a lot and the specific kinds of extra useful for various situations. I never really used them much at all in my regular playthrough but I have come to use them a fair bit in Master Mode.
I have set traps with ice jellies in advanced and then proceeded to push enemies off of cliffs. I have put down bundles of wood in advance and then lit them on fire using fire jellies in order to block paths. And thunder to steal their weapons.
>>
>>182449063
On one occasion I fell a tree outside of an enemy camp. Put electric jellies outside of the camp and a square bomb that would just reach said jellies. I stasis:d the fallen tree and charged it up and then I whistled alerting my presence and leaving them all actually run out towards me to check on me. The stasis:d tree then flew off and hitting straight off. And following that I set off my bomb setting off the electric jellies damaging and stunning all the enemies further and dropping their weapons.
So I rushed forward from the tiny height that was to the side of all of that and finished one enemy off with a few headshots. And then I picked up both its weapon and its friend's weapon and them into the face of said friend. Rotated around the third enemy with a claymore until it was dead and then slammed the claymore into the fourth enemy at the end of the spin sending it flying. Picked up its spear and did a series of attacks before I threw the spear on it. And then it was just a one on one with a damaged enemy.
And it made short work of a group of 5 that barely even got a chance to respond.

But yeah in terms of the regular enemy camps with those crappy little chests? Most of them aren't worth it. But I'd argue they were never really worth it master mode or not. Which is a shame I guess. But if you fight smartly you can still take them all out both swiftly and with minimal equipment usage.
That said. Taking out an entire camp using sneakstrikes and headshots is also something I'd call an alternative way of fighting to begin with. Barely even utilized stealth in the regular playtrhough but have gotten really good at it for master mode. Taking out entire camps with nothing but sneakstrikes even on daytime. Especially useful on golden enemies or when you at the very least want to fight golden enemies one on one.

Personally at the very least. I have come to engage in combat very differently from before in order to preserve equipment usage among other things.
>>
>>182448421
>really early in the game, just got done with Kakariko
>decide to climb Mount Lanayru looking for memories
>desperately trying to survive the cold, running low on potions, using torch to keep myself warm
>finally get to the top
>see pic related
>FUCKIN NOPE
>glide the fuck out of there
I thought mega bosses like that were all over the place the entire game
>>
>>182448421
I was in the Gerudo highlands in what I later found out was the dragon's trail. Next to the heroine's sword.
It flies at ground level through that trail. And Farosh was heading straight towards me. I had absolutely no idea there were even dragons in the game. It was pretty scary but I still shot it. I wanted to find out if it was even theoretically possible to kill it and wondered if a healthbar would pop up if I shot it.
>>
>>182449696
>>182449616
>>182449049
>>182448634
I really wish there was more to the dragons since every player remembers their exact moment encountering them since they're so jaw-dropping and unexpected. Hopefully DLC 2 involves making contact with them
>>
>Link will never rescue a dragon princess that kinda has a crush on him.
>>
>>182449912
There is a kid at one of the stables somewhere that goes on and on about how he had seen a city in the sky in his dreams.

So I kept trying to glide with the dragons all the way up to the skies. Since by the end of the day the dragons exit the maps through portals in the skies and I wanted to tag along, hoping that I'd find a city in the sky just like the kid was dreaming about.

But now I am guessing it was a just a relatively hollow reference to Skyloft without it really amounting to much of anything at all. Oh well. I can't say I mind it much but it's still a tiny bit disappointing.
>>
File: 1461252166350.png (1MB, 1100x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1461252166350.png
1MB, 1100x1200px
>>182450281
>>
>>182449616
that event was so bonkers, I loved it.
Was it just sitting there moaning for a hundred years though?
>>
>>182455098
Most of the destruction and corruption probably happened gradually over the duration.
>>
File: Where do you think we are.png (460KB, 641x643px) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.png
460KB, 641x643px
>>182445153
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>182375141
How hard would it be for Zelda to sleep after her rescue? She's just spent a hundred years holding Ganon back without reprieve and now she just turns off for a night. How would she react to waking up?
>>
>>182456292
Considering everyone's dead and it's all her fault I'd say she's not much of a sleeper now
>>
>>182
Post new Gerudo content
>>
>>182456501
I'm sure she managed to deal with her guilt during her soiree with Ganon
>>
>>182456501
>implying she wouldn't sleep like a dead brick after everything
>Implying any DLC with Zelda wouldn't be you just cooking food for her and making sure she's comfortable while you tell her about your adventures all day
Zelda deserves happiness. Link doesn't
>>
>>182448421
>be poor Link
>want fast money
>search YouTube for fast rupee farming
>find out you can grind for dragon horns
>go make easy money
All amazement lost in favor of being Jewish
>>
>>182458237
>metagaming
your own fault
>>
>>182399026
>lauded as a near perfect game across the web
>thinking or even hoping they will change much for the next game
Yeah, nope.
>>
>>182459742
Shrines were a nice gimmick for one game, they need to be gone for the next one.
Same goes for only 4 almost empty dungeons. We need more, and the water temple has to be in it.
And a fucking fishing rod.
900 seeds were also too much, just come up with something else for inventory expansion which doesn't involve running so much time.

Otherwise, they can make it open world or whatever again. Just a bit more traditional.
Well, at least that's what I would personally want.
>>
File: gerudos-final08uf5.jpg (4MB, 2502x3448px) Image search: [Google]
gerudos-final08uf5.jpg
4MB, 2502x3448px
>>
>>182460227
>And a fucking fishing rod.
lantern first
>>
File: 1490987461054.jpg (144KB, 594x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490987461054.jpg
144KB, 594x600px
>>182460227
>And a fucking fishing rod.
But Link's already good at catching fish
>>
File: IMG_1311.jpg (45KB, 680x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1311.jpg
45KB, 680x310px
>>182457508
Kass's teacher pls, you lost the Zeldabowl, get over it
>>
>>182456292
>>182456501
I mean. Depending on how exhausted she'd be if at all, she'd just fall asleep like a brick almost immediately after finally relaxing.

But if she's stressed out, traumatized and whatever and can't sleep. Link would be plowing her all night long until she'd fall sleep out of exhaustion either way.
>>
>>182460903
never
>>
>>
>>182459742
It's a near perfect game although there is definitely room for improvement. More in-depth dungeons, more complicated shrine puzzles, more enemy variety, and better combat controls to start
>>
>>182460665
too bad he's not good at keeping them around
>>
Rito Village is so comfy. I wish there was more to do there
>>
>>182462396
hanging out with Kass is enough
>>
>>182460665
>1 dead
>1 married to someone else

He's 0 for 2
>>
>>182462653
Link prefers catch and release
>>
File: 883283238793482241.png (351KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
883283238793482241.png
351KB, 1280x720px
Why are the soldier's horses so colorful?
>>
>>182448421
>looking for koroks on the great plateau
>still too stubborn to use a guide
>wandering around mount hylia aimlessly
>happen to look south and see a big lake i've somehow never seen before
>more importantly, there's a giant glowing green noodle flying above it
>stare in awe for a few seconds
>abandon my korok quest without a second thought and paraglide to the lake to investigate further
I think what happened next was I stood on the bridge and waited for it, unsure if it was friend or foe, but it shot lightning balls at me and I shot back at it, thinking it was some kind of super-enemy. Then it dropped a scale, and I figured out it wasn't really an enemy but rather a way to get some sort of special item. From there, I started wandering around, and that's how I discovered the Faron region.
>>
>>182462980

See them in the snowstorm/from a distance
>>
>>182460227
>Shrines were a nice gimmick for one game, they need to be gone for the next one.
I really do not get everyone's contempt for the shrines.

Sure they could have been handled a lot better. I no doubt believe that. But conceptually they've pretty much been in every Zelda game.

The main flaws with the shrines are pretty much just that they all look the same visually and audibly. And the load times. But even then, shrines as stated have basically been a thing in all the Zelda games. And they still looked pretty much the same and in like almost half the games there were load times as well.
For the actual content the shrines of Breath of the Wild are typically a lot more rewarding. A lot of previous caves and caverns didn't even have anything notable in them whatsoever.

But yeah. Shrines are just something they should improve upon, make it a smoother transition between shrines and the overworld. And have come across as more visually and audibly varied. Not remove them.
People have some really unwarranted distaste towards shrines in particular even though the concept is as old as the franchise itself.
>>
>>182463464
I wouldn't have minded "shrines" as they were in the old games like you mentioned.
Find a hole in the ground and explore a small dungeon with earth as its theme.
Bombs some walls away in the Goron region and find a "shrine" full of lawa.
Cold region, cold themed.
Or underwater stuff.
Etc.

As you said, I wouldn't have minded them if they were part of the overworld and if the transition and execution was better.
But as they are, they just feel tedious and repetitive.
>>
File: DD6-ABJV0AIq1DD.jpg (121KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DD6-ABJV0AIq1DD.jpg
121KB, 1200x1200px
this shit ruined the game for me in a way

i can't bring myself to take the mask off, i feel like i'm not being efficient if i walk around without finding every seed

but this means i can almost never put on a decent outfit, i.e. no set bonuses like the night speed or climbing one, or being able to stay warm in hebra with the snow boots on.

why am i such an autist
>>
Trying to get into Breath of the Wild but I absolutely cannot stand the durability system. Everything breaks way too quickly, are there any unbreakable/high durability items?
>>
>>182464025
I've been complaining about this ever since they announced it.
I feel the same, I'm at ~40 shrines and ~200 seeds right now and I almost never take it of.
Only for camps where silver/gold enemies are since all my stuff is only level 2 and I take a lot of damage still.
>>
>>182464173
zora stuff has good durability but it's weak
>>
>>182464173
Master Sword is "unbreakable".
Royal, Ancient, Lynel, and Champion weapons have good durability.

You'll get used to it, don't worry. And in the end you'll be throwing weapons away since you get them all the time.
>>
>>182464173
you get to a point midgame where you have enough weapons all the time not to worry about that.

the whole point of the durability difficulties in the early game is to teach you how to play in the right way
>>
>play Hyrule Warrior
>there's that mission in the witch's hideout
>"we need to unite our forces against that plant!"
>except they sap my efforst and make the boss invincible
>also Impa forget that Sheik was Zelda
What the fuck
>>
what are the best shield for shieldsurfing?
>>
>>182464878
My favorite is the Radiant Shield.
>>
>>182464878
I don't think there's really any difference between shields when it comes to shield surfing.
It would've been cool if there was at least one shield in the game that was specifically designed for shield surfing that didn't lose durability when doing it.
>>
>>182465134
They don't lose durability in sand and snow.
Keeping durability on any other terrain would be kinda stupid, honestly.
Okay, maybe not losing durability in grassy areas when it's raining would have been okay.
>>
>>182465134
i'm sure i remember someone saying the kite shield is faster than the rest, and it certainly feels like it, same with the ancient shield iirc but i don't have one yet in this playthrough
>>
Daruk actually calls you partner.
Translated as little one.

Great job, indeed.
>>
>>182464878
royal shield
>>
>>182465467
Daruk being Link's friend is great. I don't care about Zelda's relationship with Urbosa I want more of Link hanging out with his rock buddy
>>
>>182465397
Do you know where you can get a Kite Shield? I've never been able to find any, other than the one hanging up on the wall in that snowboarding shack, but that one can't be taken.
>>
File: blade.png (199KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
blade.png
199KB, 500x625px
>>182465758

Urbosa/Zelda was boring I wanted to see more of her interactions with Link especially sparring sessions
>>
>>182465886
i found one in master mode, on an air raft in NW Hebra but thats as far as i can remember

theres def another one in a cave somewhere in hebra but google will know
>>
>>182462980
Borrowed from king Bolson. They're fabulous.
>>
>>182445153
>amount of time you'll devote to cuddling your six foot Mipha plush
>>
File: h.png (539KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
h.png
539KB, 1280x720px
Please add a new map segment and add a newly discovered underwater beast and iron boots.
That's all I want.
>>
>>182468153
Nope.
>>
>>182462980
Those are their MLP oc's
>>
>>182464616
>also Impa forget that Sheik was Zelda
Different timeline.
>>
>>182460334
I like being able to make your own fires, via elemental weapons or by using flint better than having a lantern. They should still put lanterns in the game so the players can have options. Options in games are good.
>>
>>182468625
I don't think Zelda learned out of nowhere how to change into Sheik. Someone musta taught her.

I don't understand a single thing about that game. I kill outpost leaders, 5 minutes later they're recaptured, so what's the point? There are random enemies that spawn with a health bar, but killing them spawns a shitload of smaller monsters, so am I really supposed to kill them?
>>
>>182468778
You've never played a musou game before have you?
>>
>>182468153
That's a lot. And no. No chance.
>>
>>182468778
Zelda is a alredy a capable fighter in this one, Impa probably taught her combat and fencing skills at least. What they don't tell you is that Zelda is a huge weeb in this game, and she's secretly been borrowing Impa's Sheikah stuff and learning to use it on her own for years, and the persona of Sheik is just her Sheikah OC. That's why it looks like such an obvious cosplay. She's like the equivalent of a white girl Inuyasha fan going MY NAME IS SATSUKIKO NOW MOM AND DAD AND I'M GONNA MOVE TO JAPAN YOU CAN'T STOP ME.
>>
>>182468951
I played one once, but it was just "kill everything in the way to let Tong Tchouo escape".
>>
>>182465886
I bet Revali's amiibo will drop them
>>
>>182469261
>She's like the equivalent of a white girl Inuyasha fan
So she's like Linkle. That one cracks me up.
>>
>>182469618

Amiibo doing logical things like that. You expect too much from Nintendo
>>
File: 1458093862590.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458093862590.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Please surprise us with a new game next year that is basically another OOT/MM type situation. Please.
>>
>>182470142
no chance. I have the feeling they're sitting on the DLC waiting for major reactions before they clear ahead space for another wave of it or decide to develop something new
>>
File: tumblr_oozweqq9fz1u1ry24o1_500.gif (3MB, 500x584px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oozweqq9fz1u1ry24o1_500.gif
3MB, 500x584px
>>182469618
>Champion amiibo's let their spirits wander around with Link like Wolf Link after you saved them

Please Nintendo
>>
>>182448421
For Naydra:

>in Hateno
>farmer's talking about some spring
>do some quests, forget about Purah until later
>"Fuckit, i'll climb the mountain"
>it's cold
>"Fuck it, i've got a warm doublet and spicy food."
>run out of spicy food
>"Fuck it, i'll climb to the top anyway."
>at the top
>Naydra don't look so good.
>do the thing with the arrows
>open the shrine
>get in the shrine
>open chest
>"Frostspear. Well that's underwhelming."

For Dinraal:

>troll around near Tabantha
>wait until morning
>"Is that motherfucking Volvagia?
>try to catch up
>Player cancelled Catch Up - Interrupted by Stables
>later, near Gerudo Highlands
>cold as fuck
>look up
>"It's Volvagia again!"

For Farosh:

>at the higher lakes of Faron region
>opening chests and shit
>suddenly electrocuted, no safety for my poor six heart Link
>"What hit me?"
>Reload
>try to open the same chest again.
>motherfucking Farosh bolts outta the water right next to Link
>"Holy shit nope nope nope you won't have me this time, electric Volvagia!"
>>
>>182470257
I know it's unrealistic but I just want it so bad. Yeah, I also think they have more DLC in store for us. I just hope they don't get lazy/greedy and not make another game soon because they can just keep milking customer's wallets with DLC.
>>
File: scaredturret.png (955KB, 906x729px) Image search: [Google]
scaredturret.png
955KB, 906x729px
My first thunderstorm was probably more memorable than my first dragon encounter. I was going along the cliffs by the swamp in front of Zora's Domain and I nearly careened off the side because I couldn't see shit. My horse saved me but then the keese that attacked me knocked me off and sent it over the side, so I killed the keese and jumped after it and found it perched on a jutting rock. I didn't know about the target moving so I hit it with my korok leaf and it jumped to the ground, only we landed next to a rusty claymore and I couldn't get it very far away in time so we both took a lightning bolt's area of effect. I picked up and threw all the rusty shit and hit with Brassy underneath a broken little hut. I was fucking terrified because all that shit happened in about three minutes of none stop "what the fuck"
>>
>>182465886
There are two, in chests. One of them is out in the snow, and the other is in a camp.
There is a third, for getting a specific time on the advanced snowboarding trail.
>>
File: Fury.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fury.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>182470759

>unrealistic expectation
drop race specific new armour

>unlikely
drop race specific weapons with a chance of the Champions weapons

>likely
recharge abilities and drops ingredients and materials
>>
>>182462980
I'm still willing to put money on the DLC being about learning more of Zelda in the past, probably her relation to the champions and how she met them, with that scene being in the past. It seems a bit odd to call it the Champions' Ballad and have it be more about Link and Zelda, and it seems even more unlikely that they're going to do a timeskip to Zelda and you having rebuilt some of Hyrule.
God I hope it's not a timeskip. I fucking hate timeskips
>>
>>182471578
They will recharge the abilities, give them a boost in power, and you can only use it once a day. Screen cap this.
>>
>>182471578
>Drops champion's outfits for Link to wear.
>>
File: DDl-aWiVwAAYYQh.jpg large.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DDl-aWiVwAAYYQh.jpg large.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
Was it always nearly as tall as him?
>>
>>182473748
It seems to be longer than usual in this game but it's always been a fairly large sword
>>
>>182473748
He's small. Many Hylians in this game are manlets.
>>
>the next DLC is after the story
I like this, I think it's really cool that they're going this route and finishing the story. But there's something that's bugging me.
The monsters only come back to life because of Ganon's influence yea? So if he's gone and you kill all of them, do they just disappear forever? Will the main threat be the Yoga or whatever clan? Will it be a "forever" game like skyrim where you just exist to protect the land and ride a long with Zelda doing daily chores?
>>
>>182473748
Only when Fi is aroused. That's when she's ready to penetrate some bokoblins. She's a bit rough about it, they normally don't survive her advances.
>>
>>182473864
4u
>>
>>182474436
Kilton's research will allow him to respawn monsters under the new "monster moon" which is accompanied by the sound of him cackling
>>
>>182474621
I'm playing thru the story again because [spoilers]the joy cons broke off so I had to get a replacement[/spoilers] and just found out about him
>>
>>182474436
If it is the Yiga that are the main bad guys in the DLC, then they better buff them up and make them more challenging. But I don't see that happening.
>>
>>182474436
My guess is continued blood moons with no satisfying explanation as to why.
>>
>>182475261
There'll be a new leader who can control guardians, and you'll have to fight multiple at once.
The new dungeon will be located at the bottom of the pit in the hideout you can't get down into
>>
>>182475412
I don't think it'll be a full overworld, just a brief playable epilogue sort of thing, and when it's done you'll revert to just before fighting Ganon
>>
You know what's bullshit? I'm over here doing the trials, and one of my bombs gets underneath the lookout tower. I am right on top of it and trying to lure a bokoblin, and as it's right in front of me I activate it and it only deals damage to me and not the bokoblin. Fuck this shit man.
>>
>>182477302
if that happens I'm going to go to Nintendo of Japan and cause a shooting
>>
>>182477345
Quit hitting yourself. Quit hitting yourself. Quit hitting yourself.
>>
>>182477530
such is life
>>
>>182477558
I'm trying
>>
Let me repeat what I asked earlier about Hyrule Warriors.
I don't understand a single thing about that game. I kill outpost leaders, 5 minutes later they're recaptured, so what's the point? There are random enemies that spawn with a health bar, but killing them spawns a shitload of smaller monsters, so am I really supposed to kill them?
>>
>>182480419
The level will have special objectives. Anything else you capture is a bonus. If you don't want your captured bases to be re-captured by the enemy, then you need to kill raiding parties and take over the various spawn points in the overworld.
>>
File: IMG_0816.jpg (494KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0816.jpg
494KB, 1280x720px
hey guys...

i finally did it. no deaths
>>
>>182480649
Are the outposts spawning points?

Actually, do you know of a website that explains that stuff? The article I found on the zelda wiki was very basic and just listed the characters and the DLCs, but didn't went in details.
>>
>>182481028
Yes they are.
Your map will have colored dots for everything that belongs to any team. Take over the dots and the bases.
>>
>>182294380
isnt riju a kid?
also that color pallette for the gerudo armor is nice
>>
>>182295039
i did it just for shrines but also i really love the gerudo
>>
am i the only one who thought calamity ganon looked like a bloodborne boss?
also i cant believe that ganon is fucking ded for ever for real this time
>>
Am I off in thinking some of the DLC cheats are in Hyrule castle?
>>
>>182482720
Chests.
The prison in the castle is the only prison I can think of
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg (274KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg
274KB, 1280x720px
Giving in to the pressure to start over in master mode.
>>
>>182483979
get off the plateau and do a few shrines. game gets easier after that
>>
>>182484402
I think my first big priority once I get off the gp, is to get up to the snow bowling and fill my pockets. Then I can go ahead and acquire all the buyable armor.
>>
>>182484539
lame
>>
>>182484539
Farm for farosh instead in Faron, that was what I did once I left the great plateau
>>
So, I have access to royal weapons now from using amiibo without freeing any of the divine beasts as was suggested.
Mind you, I've completed 89 shrines already
>>
>>182482720
Yes, none are in there.
>>
>>182482168
Calamity Ganon definitely feels very lovecraftian
>>
>>182464173
>are there any unbreakable/high durability items?
Well. The Master Sword is an item that regenerates itself.
That said. You just need a steady supply of metal weapons. Or extra durable wood weapons. The durability of weapons can vary wildly. They don't all break as easily. Not at all.
>>
>>182483621
There's actually another prison but it's completely destroyed and doesn't even look like one anymore
>>
At the GP tower, but damn this place is completely infested wall to wall with boko. I don't feel like I am exploring as much.
>>
File: DEkbjzfVwAAQKoB.jpg large.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DEkbjzfVwAAQKoB.jpg large.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
Armored up!
>>
File: 1499707730058.jpg (4MB, 5526x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1499707730058.jpg
4MB, 5526x2560px
does anyone have the full official BOTW guide pdf? would be interesting to have.

or at least the elixirs page

>cooked food page here if anyone needs
>>
>>182488717
dunno if legit but https://mega.nz/#!OBoxFCxY!nKzP0GnRqB5vBFakNR6kzL5K9dcWOtXhGS2ydFyA2co looks worth a look
>>
>>182488112
>horse armor that isnt shit
nintendo is a better bethesda than bethesda
>>
File: C6ScaEpVAAIxjXy.jpg large.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C6ScaEpVAAIxjXy.jpg large.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
Is Wolf Link immediately outclassed in Master Mode?
I'm thinking of playing TPHD first to give it some health either way.
>>
>>182490150
>tfw you have to own a wiiU to use a buff awoo link if you bought it on the switch first
SHEIT
>>
>>182490150
I have a 20 heart wolf link and I've played hard mode with him
His problem is that he's too loud, anytime a guardian is near, he's dead
>>
>>182490150
He can survive a while, but he will have trouble finishing very much of a camp off by himself. You will need to use some real teamwork. Almost an escort mission.
>>
Is there a better recipe for creating extra stamina wheels than using 5 enduring carrots?
They don't come by very often desu
I've made an elixir using 4 tireless frogs and a monster part but that doesn't even create a full extra stamina wheel
>>
>>182490150
he's no D-Dog thats for sure
>>
File: 1460058704764.jpg (433KB, 1000x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1460058704764.jpg
433KB, 1000x1166px
I hate how when you die in the last floor of the level it sends you all the way to the beginning. Also, I learned that boomerangs are surprisingly good at dealing damage to Taluses.
>>
>>182488717
>>182489391
blessss that is perfect

its got the full guide and a couple of maps in the rar, great reading
>>
>>182490150
Still annoyed you can't tame wolves/dogs in the game normally.
>>
>>182491557
or moldugas t b h
>>
>>182491557
can't even fucking pet dogs
that seemed like an obvious move

and no cats, unlike TP
>>
>>182474436
>the Yoga clan
Beware their downward facing dog.
>>
File: 1450032844434.gif (2MB, 494x331px) Image search: [Google]
1450032844434.gif
2MB, 494x331px
>>182492235
>Zelda becomes a member and does the downward facing dog
>>
so, what happens if i don't listen to impa's words?
>>
File: 1366566624394.jpg (167KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1366566624394.jpg
167KB, 1000x800px
>Every Link shares the same soul due to reincarnation
>Only Zelda consistently shares this trait
Do you think Link and Zelda ever feel lonely for reasons they can't figure out? Even if they have no memories of their past lives, their souls carry over and keep being reborn, but the friends and allies they make in each life, for the most part, do not. It seems like reincarnation isn't exclusive to Link and Zelda, since people like Tingle and Beedle sometimes come back, but even if Link remembered them, they wouldn't remember him since they have no recollection of past lives either.

Since this is a world where things like an afterlife and rebirth are definite things, it makes me wonder what Link and Zelda go through when they die. Do they remember their past lives for a brief time? Do they get to see their old friends again in the spirit world? It just seems like a really sad existence for them.
>>
>>182494252
It's not really clear to me whether they are actually meant to be the same persons reincarnated every time or if it's just some vague "spirit" being passed down
>>
>>182493417
The world ends.
>>
>>182494714
come on anon, help me
>>
>>182494252
>>182494708
It's Japanese lore. It only has to be someone with the same job and same sense of heroism, and they will freely refer to him as being the same blood or being a reincarnation.
>>
>>182494908
Which words are you talking about? Like, what happens if you don't defeat the divine beasts and all that? Then obviously the fight against Ganon will be harder.

If you don't go recover some memories like she asks, she won't give you the blue tunic Link wears in flashbacks. You could also miss out on getting the camera upgrade for your slate if you don't follow her instructions for at least a bit.

And if you just generally don't do anything she asks, she'll be very disappointed in you.
>>
>>182495008
Didn't they say a few times that Link, Zelda, and Ganon are "bound together by the triforce" or something like that?
>>
>>182495461
That's just OOT and TP, because the triforce splitting is a plot device used there.
>>
How to avoid boredom? I bought the game on Christmas for Wii U but recently started to play it on PC because 4k etc looks much better and so on.

However I combed over the starting area and finally finished the 4 dungeons and got out. Now, I'm supposed to go to the village but I'm getting bored. I believe I have been way too slow in my playing because I have collected just about everything what I could from the beginning area.

Do you play other games on the side and switch back to BOTW?
>>
ok so i've been thinking, everyone complained about the weapon durability at least once, especially you; steve.
other minor complaints were the short length and small amount of major dungeons too.
but what i would like to share, is my thoughts that botw is an experiment. because i think its unanimous that this is the most ambitious title in the franchise, and making a zelda; no. a game as huge as this one, brings up many risks to drop the ball. in fact, it could be said the larger an overworld is, the more likely it is to drop the proverbial ball. look at no man's sky. this can arguably be one of if not the first attempts at a TES-scale open world nintendo has ever done. so while this title was in fact very damn ambitious, i can also see an air of caution put in to the game.
the dungeons are straight forward yes, but that was to test the waters for how to handle zelda style dungeons in such a huge open world. they supplemented this with the 120 shrines, a kind of stablizer. dungeons might be the series' bread and butter, but by diluting the dungeons in this way they could be able to focus more on experimenting with the biggest overworld they have created, one that is not only bigger than the WW great sea, but also way more diverse. every province had its own character and its own geographical features. you can distinguish mount lanayru from the gerudo highlands well enough. nintendo toned down the playgrounds that are the dungeons tried and true to make the entire overworld a playground rather than the cradle for point a,b and c.
the same can be said about the story. we'd have loved to see a lot more of the champions and their descendants especially mipha and sidon but nintendo is not used to tying huge stories to even bigger worlds. if they tried pumping the game with the same amount of plot points and developments delivered in previous conventions, the game might start going back on the rails botw was trying to get off of
>>
>>182497374
[pt. 2]
by keeping things relatively simple, nintendo can be able to better digest this work; see what was well received, see what went wrong, see what they can try adding more of next time. many detractors say this game was more bare bones, but the same can be said about the original zelda; of which the team behind botw stated they were trying to emulate
and as for the weapon system: if i was able to keep the same shitty rusty claymore, i would have just spammed my first major test of strength (that i was horribly unprepared for) with stasis+ and being a hylian beyblade.
weapon durability was nintendo's way of balancing out combat, because another key feature of zelda even in the first game was the right tool for the right job. sure, this might not have been the BEST way nintendo could have gone about balance, but one can plainly see this was an experimental feature, tying back to my original claim that botw was an experiment.
considering how we have heard the team state they'd make future zeldas with a similar open world, and reuse/expand on botw's quite frankly superb physics engine, i think it would be a safe assumption that this experiment was a success.
>>
>>182498028
now that thats out of the way, what do you think nintendo's gonna do for the next game, based on everything we've digested from botw? im thinking going back to one of the concepts for the first zelda title: link traveling between a middle age world and a futuristic world.
yeah that sounded goofy as fuck back then, but now we have the revelation of ancient sheika technology, still magic based at that. and we have seen in several media the fairly recent concept of magitech based society. imagine huge cathedral like skyscapers in the horizon of a small farm with some new fangled sheika-esque contraption that is pumping water in the fields.

look we've had steam powered trains in the adult timeline im fairly certain we can be ok with an information-age zelda if we had an industrial-age one
>>
I think Vah Naboris and Hyrule Castle really shows that they could really do make amazing dungeons in the Breath of the Wild style.
And to be frank. Now that they're done with the engine and have all the basics already set up. They could probably top Breath of the Wild fairly easily.

And really. On that topic. Breath of the Wild has been the best game I have played in many years. And I wouldn't want to enter the whole ridiculous ratings debate, but I really do believe the game deserves its praise.
That said, as anyone who has played the game, I still think it's pretty clear that there are tons of things in the game that could easily be improved upon. I don't think these things changes Breath of the Wild from being an amazing game, and if anything that just speaks to what a well designed package overall Breath of the Wild is. Even with the flaws I've been having more fun with the game than most other games I have been playing. It's more like they raised the floor but raised the ceiling along side the floor, leaving you to marvel at how far up the the game is but you can still see up to the ceiling that's still a long way up there.

And I really do think that's special. And it makes me really hopeful for future Zelda games. If Breath of the Wild was to get its own "Majora's Mask" type game, that did improve on the many things that could no doubt be improved. What a game that could be.
Had I been asked last year I wouldn't have been nearly as hopeful for the future of videogames.
>>
>>182501186
I frankly just hope the next dungeons will actually look like real places. I have trouble believing that some architect would bother himself making a temple where you need a grappling hook to pray to the gods.
>>
So what even is there in Front, anyway? Out of all the regions, it seems the least notable. Hebra is fucking empty, but it's super fucking cold, and it's pretty small and near the rito lands. But there's rarely any reason I can think of to go to Faron other than exploring. At least it's the prettiest region.
>>
>>182502039
*faron, not front
>>
>>182501309
Are you talking about the forgotten temple?
That place is in pretty serious ruins though. There were paths, doors, and bridges on the upper levels that are just in complete ruin.
>>
>>182502039
It has the durians and the bananas, the best food ingredients!
>>
>>182501309
The games seemed to suggest that the devices were once common, like everyone owned at least one.
>>
>>182503416
i concur
>>
>>182336780
To make the set of Zora Armor for him.
>>
people shit on matpat a lot but his video on Super Mario Odyssey really made me think about the yiga's obsession with bananas and why they come in both twink and daddy sizes.
bananas really are a super food. im sure /fit/ can tell you about the fucking amino acids in them... taurine? i cant remember.
>>
File: Mediterranean_3_Reduced.jpg (408KB, 1500x704px) Image search: [Google]
Mediterranean_3_Reduced.jpg
408KB, 1500x704px
>>182501186
If they do a "Majora's Mask" for this one, I'd like both more variety in dungeons and a bit more tightness and consistency in the overworld. Make it a cunthair smaller and put a bit more depth into it, and get rid of the jarring transitions between biomes, and give it all one large one.

I'd dig a Mediterranean-themed overworld, personally.
>>
>>182504647
Funny, but Matt and Pat haven't even done a Zelda letsplay, yet.

I find them to be the least grating and hate-able of the Youtube LPers, personally
>>
>>182504923
>and get rid of the jarring transitions between biomes, and give it all one large one.
No offence. But no, fuck that.
>>
>>182505302
Walking for five minutes and going from snowy wilderness to steamy jungle is one of my biggest pet peeves in open-world games
>>
>>182505141
lockstin/gnoggin is the one who really tackles zelda the most, equating sheika's liquid like technology to real life, equating the silent princess to the language of flowers, figuring out why zora have tiddies, honestly i just want to know if sidon has two shark penises and most of all figuring out where breath of the wild sits on the timeline.
i would understand it not being in the adult timeline except for two things: the rito exist, (frankly thats fair, evolution happens in different ways at different times)
but two: all the divine beasts are named after significant characters from past games:
>vah ruta = ruto
>vah naboris = naboru
>vah rudania =darunia

but then we get to vah medoh = medley
medley is only significant because she was one of the sages found on the great sea, which only exists in the adult timeline.
i also have a discrepancy with his understanding of the deku tree's mission in ww.
the trees were not meant to "raise" hyrule, but to expand the mountain tops that became islands to make a new continent on the great sea. at least thats how i thought it went.
>>
>>182506167
All shit I don't really care about
>>
File: beautiful.png (1MB, 752x2800px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful.png
1MB, 752x2800px
>>
>>182506127
It's not as unrealistic as you might think, Canada is like that in some places.
>>
File: DEiIgDXUIAAUBjV.png (273KB, 828x553px) Image search: [Google]
DEiIgDXUIAAUBjV.png
273KB, 828x553px
>>
>>182496260
Cooking
>>
File: champions.jpg (920KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
champions.jpg
920KB, 2000x2000px
I hope it is about how Zelda met the champions, I would kill to see her meeting Daruk for the first time.
Although that would mean Link is going to be absent from the memories
>>
>>182514257
If the DLC is really post game then we may be getting the memories from Zelda herself.
>>
>>182514493
I'm sure we'll have to travel for them first
>>
>>182514540
I'm still hoping we have Zelda meet some of the present day characters, like Riju, Kass, and Paya
>>
>>182514623
I don't think so, unless we either have to escort her around or she just appears at whatever town we're currently visiting. Neither option sounds fun
>>
File: fishing.jpg (242KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fishing.jpg
242KB, 1920x1200px
>>
>>182514257
this picture makes me sad because it's sort of what I imagine Link would see after he dies of old age
>>
Can you get the sheikah slate upgrades if you haven't talked to Impa yet?
>>
>>182517918
Nope.
>>
>want to use the horse I tamed at the start of the game
>the white stallion is always objectively better
>>
File: rivals_at_peace.jpg (122KB, 956x718px) Image search: [Google]
rivals_at_peace.jpg
122KB, 956x718px
>>
>>182519296
Use your favorite horse anyway. BotW gets really boring if you try to min/max it, and gets better when you're playing sub-optimally.
>>
File: remember_her.png (767KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
remember_her.png
767KB, 1280x850px
>>182516518
It should have been unclear whether Zelda was alive or dead until the reveal at the end of the game and have Link be constantly tortured over worrying she'd be dead like the champions
>>
File: 1498156101522.jpg (115KB, 640x782px) Image search: [Google]
1498156101522.jpg
115KB, 640x782px
Did someone say fish wife?
>>
>>182525307
Did someone say fish cutlet?
>>
>>182525307
>Did someone say plush wife?
>>
It's the little things like this which is why I have 600 hours in Breath of the Wilds. And haven't even beaten the game yet.

I just restart so the game, and the adventure never ends.

Also I found this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LePi6UrBCU

I wonder how Colbert would handle demoing Zelda.
>>
>>182526945
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR8j2RVGT0U
>>
>>182525307
>Sidon will never call you his brother in law

Don't cry for me, I'm already dead
>>
>>182482168
>also i cant believe that ganon is fucking ded for ever for real this time
well, he's most certainly NOT dead this time. he was giving up on that one particular attempt of resurrecting.
>>
>>182494252
>Only Zelda consistently shares this trait
Zelda does it differently. Only Link's soul is destined to orbit around Zelda's lineage. Some of the Zeldas seem to know how to access memory of past incarnations via the Triforce piece of Wisdom, but that's a theory.
>>
>>182498735
In a way, this game was meant to be "like Zelda 1". So, I secretly hope that a future installment skips Zelda 2 and we get a game "like Zelda 3", but in this awesome 3d engine. When I crawled around the Akkala citadel I had flashbacks from my Zelda 3 excitement I developed from the artworks in the booklet. Imagine playing a Zelda game like that.
>>
>>182531380
>Zelda 3
You mean Link to the Past?
>>
>>182531821
yeah
>>
>>182531380
I hope they do remake Zelda 2 in the BotW engine, as long as the palaces end up along the lines of Hyrule Castle or the citadel, but more elaborate.
>>
>>182532591
Only if they do the previous game is a tiny corner of the map without changing the scale this time
>>
>>182532591
only if they put in an I AM ERROR
>>
File: tmp_20767-images1426725523.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20767-images1426725523.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>trial of the sword master mode
>game running in the background while system is on sleep on rest floor 7

I-I don't want to continue. But I must. I'm not looking forward. Especially the infamous floor 10 I hear about.
>>
>love /lozg/
>can't marry /lozg/
Why live?
>>
>>182526945
I can sympathize
>>
>>182536212
I think I have the sneak attack abuse strategy for floor 10 nailed down. Got lucky and no one fell in the water, but now I'm worried about fucking up the raft room through some dumb mistake. The Hinox I imagine should be easier. I hope this shit gets easier. This is a brutal test of endurance and patience.
>>
Hot-seating BoTW with someone so I can't progress with the story or side quests until they're home later. Could someone point me in the direction of some decent but unimportant content? Interesting stuff to see or bases to raid, that kind of thing.
>>
God, Urbosa is such a literal top tier goddess

Just finished the game last night dat ending though. want an answer for something though

ganon made it so he couldn't reincarnate does that mean this is the last possible zelda in the timeline? Because afterwards zelda says something like we can live in peace for awhile implying that there was a chance that ganon could comeback?
>>
>>182511310
I have never heard of Canada having steamy jungles before.
>>
So who the fuck built the labyrinths?
>>
>>182519296
>not switching around your horses periodically so you're not wearing them out too much
>>
File: scared.jpg (108KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
108KB, 1200x675px
>>182543534
That line was a bit fucky. Ganon gave up on dying in that moment and waiting for reincarnation to take one last stab at killing you, not permanently giving up on coming back to life. Ganon doesn't have a choice in the matter, he can't actually die permanently
>>
I wonder what the Twili are getting up to since the Shiekah moved away from advanced texh. I wonder if they have some really cool magitech right now beyond that of the Shiekah tech in BotW after 10000 years or so. No king or anyone to tell you to fuck off because they're scared of your power , and only have to deal with the odd crazy manchild. Then again what would be the point in development when it's just your people stuck there, and you weren't planning an invasion of another dimension. Come to think of it, I wonder if there's more potential of expansion and development regarding the Twili. So elusive, yet seemingly capable of some really cool magic powered tech like that of the ancient Shiekah.

Ganon also had no trouble taking control of the Guardians and Beasts because of antimaliceware that was 10000 years out of date. I would have expected remaining Shiekah to know better.
>>
>>182546667
Ganon probably blew up the Twilight Realm
>>
>>182544419
the ancient sheikah, obviously
>>
>>182488112
Where'd you get that horse armor and is it more than decorative?
>>
>>182546945
The mounted archery camp, you need a score above 20 and then a perfect score to get it
>>
>>182525307
You can not marry the dead
>>
>>182546778
Only if he got dumped there again at the end of the game pissed as fuck, and we get Breath of the Twilight. Twili refugees come to the light world (with the permission from Hylia/GGs to be able to coexist) and bring their tech. That causes some bother, we get Shiekah and Twili tech battle arenas or whatever, eventually you have to go back and finish him off because keeping him there will never work.
>>
>>182488112
>Royal Shield instead of Knight's Shield
Get it together.
>>
>>182547769
Well I had one but it exploded.
>>
File: DDcga11UAAA2574.jpg (164KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DDcga11UAAA2574.jpg
164KB, 1200x675px
>>
>>182543534
Nah senpai Ganon gave up his chance at re-incantating as that spider thing to become the boar
>>
>>182543534
and
>>182482168
tells me that NoA fucked it up again. Thanks a lot for mistranslated dialogue and various dumbing down edits.
>>
We're is all those dank botw memes? Pls post.
>>
File: 1363467131038.jpg (158KB, 680x544px) Image search: [Google]
1363467131038.jpg
158KB, 680x544px
>>182550737

>botw
>>
File: IMG_1545.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1545.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
I have a quick question regarding shrine revisits:
I wanna start practicing some speedrun tier jumps and tricks on the great plateau shrines, but don't want to overwrite my current save data. When revisiting a completed shrine do stuff like the gates in cryo, rocks in stasis, and metal in magnesium revert back to their original state?
>>
>>182551724
When I went back recently to show someone the solution to a shrine I'd previously completed, everything was back in place. The only difference was the gate at the end was open as I'd left it. I could go back and complete the shrine exactly as I did before, if that's what you're asking.
>>
Probably a stupid question, but have to ask.

Am I supposed to just avoid the fuck out of enemies? I'm not having trouble with the actual fighting part as much as the whole "having enough weapons to actually kill anything" part.
>>
>>182551916
practice
>>
>>182551916

git gud
>>
>>182551916
I'm guessing you're pretty early game as I found once you've gotten over that hump, the issue is deciding which weapons to get rid of for upgrades rather than running out. Best advice I can give is throw yourself into a few fights that look doable as you can pick up the mobs weapons, plus you'll often get a weapon as a reward for raiding a camp.

Gotta fight to get better weapons.
>>
>>182551916

Like >>182552150 said, just save before fights if you're unsure and throw yourself in. It's very advisable to use their own weapons against them, given that they're often very effective in the beginning (and disposable).
>>
>>182552081
>>182552113
Practice what? I'm just having all my weapons break before they're dead.
>>
>>182552765
Are you just ignoring the weapons that enemies drop or something? What are you fighting?
>>
>>182552150
Well, I just hit up hyrule castle after leaving the plateau and somehow managed to kill the stallnox, so I have a few pretty great weapons now that I'm keeping on reserve.

But yeah, overall it just feels like for the most part I have to save my weapons rather than usign them. It's a bit weird to not be able to fight everything I see.

>>182552849
Early game, a lot of bokoblins and moblins. I'm using their weapons but finding they're usually broken before the enemy camp dies.
>>
>>182552765
Alternative methods of combat.
Enemies like to keep their goods in metal crates you can use magnesis on to smack them around a bit.
>>
>>182552765

ALL your weapons? Even your bows, in conjunction with the bombs you've got, and the magnesis to crush enemies with the metal crates lying around everywhere?
>>
>>182552765
That's next to impossible, especially on normal mode.
Whatever you're doing, it's wrong.
>>
>>182552987
It is master mode, to be clear.

>>182552889
I've been using them when prudent but I'm finding it hard to do enough consistent DPS to stop them from healing.
>>
>>182552880
Don't keep weapons on reserve then. Use them to fight shit and get more weapons until all your weapons are as good as the ones you're currently saving.
>>
>>182553208
>master mode
Avoid enemies until you get some shit from the platforms on the plateau.
Afterward, it's basically almost the same as normal mode. You'll be throwing them away all the time.
>>
>>182525307
I want to have a nice suburban life with that fish
>>
>>182553356
I think the neighbors may start to complain about the smell of decaying fish flesh
>>
>>182553356
you can't
>>
File: 1493932439875.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493932439875.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>182554393
what neighbours?
>>
Is there any way to get fish into my pond in Hateno?
>>
>>182554816
Ask Kodah?
>>
File: IMG_1298.png (469KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1298.png
469KB, 600x750px
>>
>>
File: linkvsdemise.jpg (955KB, 1694x902px) Image search: [Google]
linkvsdemise.jpg
955KB, 1694x902px
>>182279632
I almost killed Demise with three hearts but his stupid fakeout got me.
>>
>>182503403
I'm talking about dungeons in general. I always have an issue about level design in 3D games, because pits and spikes are acceptable in 2D games, but don't really make sense in 3D games.
>>
>>182551916
Did you play normal mode before hard mode?
>>
>>182556910
but you start with 6 hearts. did you mean 6 hearts or did you get yourself hit to half health?

normal mode or hero mode?
>>
>>182557529
The fight down the sealed grounds and with Girlyman left me at three hearts, then after I died I was back to 6 hearts
>>
About to tackle the guardian section of the middle trials on master mode. Got it on sleep. Is there any advice or anything I need to know before I go in? Can't watch videos right now and text guide only seem to cover normal mode. Do all the scouts upgrade by 1 too? Is it an easier task than what it seems, even on master mode?
>>
>>182557985
They're going to drop so much guardian equipment I don't think there's going to be any challenge at all
>>
File: majora.jpg (87KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
majora.jpg
87KB, 1200x675px
this mask is kinda creepy, actually
>>
>>182558896
Don't worry, the ancient evil that lives inside it was probably vanquished aeons ago.
>>
>>182557645
normal or hero mode? did you have no fairies?
>>
>>182558896
I kinda hoped they would give us the skull kid armor to go along with it
>>
>>182557985
>Do all the scouts upgrade by 1 too?
Yes. And the differences betweens 1s and 2s and especially the differences between 2s and 3s are fucking humongous. They'll drain your weapons like nothing else if you fight them head on.

Your biggest problem will be the 2s and 3s though. 1s are still really easy and you can take them down with like two eye-shots. And big ones should not be a problem unless your being ganked by multiples. Just go for the legs, use stasis and or shoot their eyes if they're about to shoot. Should be easy.

A strong advice if you want to get through the section smoothly. Bomb the trees. Grab a Korok leaf. On the level where the land is like a huge cross/plus sign, with pillars with tiny little guardians and with bigger guardians on the sides of the land. Take down the little ones using eye shots, should be the safest action. But you can also use your shield and deflect their shots if you're feeling like it. But for the bigger ones? Use your Korok leaf and blow them down into the water in order to kill them. It's far, far easier. Goes much, much quicker. And you don't waste any equipment durability.
And for the level with three rank3 Guardians in between the four square heights. Run around with magnesis and or set your radar to search for treasure chests. You should find a block in one of the walls of one of the heights. Yank that right out of there and jump in. The chest is nice and all but you want to get in for protection. You can cheap the fight with the block too if you're good enough at it. But above all you can hide so that you can fight them one on one after jumping out. Spam eye-shots when jumping out of the hiding place if necessary.
That's my best advice probably. Fighting them head on could easily spell your doom.

>>182558107
>They're going to drop so much guardian equipment
They drop shittier ranks of the weapons than the ranks they themselves are. So they don't last long.
>>
>>182558896
That's the goal.
>>
File: Rain.jpg (175KB, 527x659px) Image search: [Google]
Rain.jpg
175KB, 527x659px
Are there any specific areas that have strong weapon drops? I'm trying to clear the volcano thing, and I'm really underpowered.
>>
File: 1497485162537.png (2MB, 1456x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1497485162537.png
2MB, 1456x1600px
Imagine if Zelda was transported to our world.
>>
>>182560971
Gerudo. Gerudo has amazing weapons.
>>
>>182560971
Hyrule Castle always has powerful gear no matter what
>>
>>182561043
that wouldn't be good for her
but very good for us
>>
>>182559773
I wish I'd have left it later then read this. I went in with limited info and with hardly any tips. Ended up in head on fights on occassion and got ganged up on before the scout IV room. I actually got all the way. Got him down to a fraction of health and got screwed by a third laser just as about I was going to stasis. I still feel physically sick. I'm going to have a rest for a while.

I'll copy this post down for future reference. If I could make it that far half blind, if I go in extremely prepared I'm hoping to make it.
>>
>>182561043
>>>/d/7516635 would certainly enjoy her assets.
>>
>Master mode leaves a lot more tree branches laying on the ground outside the SoR.
>>
>>182561043
The FBI would capture her ass
>>182566005
>spanking thread on /d/
Wow, this board has become tame.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg (384KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
384KB, 1280x720px
I missed Wolf Link. I'm glad he is useful after starting over in Master Mode. He's back to being an unstoppable ass kicker... but lets not wander too near to that Lynel.
>>
File: zelda_botw_guide_naborisprep-1.jpg (446KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zelda_botw_guide_naborisprep-1.jpg
446KB, 1280x720px
>town that's only inhabited by females
>males aren't allowed there
This game would be banned in the states if the roles were reversed.
>>
File: botw.jpg (110KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
botw.jpg
110KB, 1200x675px
Was I really supposed to drop a weapon there? I have no clue what else I could have done to solve this puzzle.
>>
>>182568646
probably not.
>>
>>182568646

why would guys want a city inhabited exclusively by men
>>
>>182570193
Maybe it's the Gerudo sister city where all the husbands live since they can't live in the real city.
>>
File: Stop.jpg (46KB, 599x660px) Image search: [Google]
Stop.jpg
46KB, 599x660px
>>182568646
>Implying SJW shit
>>
>>182570326

yeah but they'd welcome women into their city and would be happy if their wives lived with them rather than coming home for a few hours or only spending time together on holidays

there's really no good reason for the Gerudo to bar men that I can think of
>>
>>182539032
Are you a girl?
>>
File: botw2.jpg (64KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
botw2.jpg
64KB, 1200x675px
What if Zelda was a girl (male)?
>>
>>182569957
That's what I did, too. I don't think there were other metallic items to use, other than your own weapons.
>>
How many Kass shrines are there? Im like 200h in and I cant get him back to Rito village
>>
>>182572454
There's also at least one Kass location that isn't shrine related
>>
>>182572454
I've only interacted with him 6 times so far.
>Link's hidden treasure
>the shrine in the Lake Tower region
>Shai Yota shrine
>the one near the Gerudo tower
>the shrine under a rock which you have to blow up with lightning
>the area you have to shoot arrows through those rocks with holes

Don't know how much more I'm missing. Have you done all these?
>>
>>182546494
I think he also gave up on having a physical form all together since he was supposed to be sealed in the four sword.
There's a theory that he found a loophole by instead becoming an entity of pure malice to escape being sealed.
That big red heart cocoon at the start of the final battle is ganon's makeshift effort to regenerate a new corporeal form, his own shrine of resurrection in a sense.
So somewhere in hurdle is the fourscore which has an empty corpse that ganon left behind.
Oh fuck that's an idea for a multi-player botw style game... The yiga try to get ganon's original body and fill it with... Something... bananas Idfk. You and four buddies can explore hurdle together or split up to cover more ground, and help each other live off the fat of the land.
Honestly as long as someone wants to revive ganon, they are gonna try to revive ganon. Be it with link's hero juice or by lighting 3 very edgy sounding camp fires, someone's going to try and bring back the pig that's been bodied throughout time and space, and with the introduction of the yiga, who seem very fucking persistent, that wont be off the table for a long time.
>>
>>182572454
Nearby the blood moon shrine is Kass's hut, where you can find his diary that lists all of them and where they are.
>>
>>182546778
>>182547756
Impossible. The mirror is the only entry and exit to the twilight realm we know to exist, and we all know what happened to that shit. I want Mirna or a sexy successor as much as the next guy but I dont think that's even possible. But what do I know, rito exist in the child timeline so anything is possible
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg (411KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
411KB, 1280x720px
I am somewhat surprised to discover I can steal the flying rafts and move them, even if it is kinda a pain in the ass.
>>
What order did you reclaim the divine beasts in? Do you think there's an optimal order to do them?
I did elephant > bird, and now I, probably going to do the camel one.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg (455KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
455KB, 1280x720px
I had almost forgotten about the blood moon. Knew it would show up eventually.
>>
>>182570609
>>182570609
DESU the actual citizens seem to be rather chill with men, to the point where they have class dedicated on how to properly interact with them. Hell there is even a black market that exclusively sells male clothes, so there is a demand for men under the surface.
I think it's more out of tradition rather than practical purposes or discrimination, kinda like how it's not kosher or halal to eat pork even though the fucking refrigerator and other means for preserving meat has been around for centuries. That, and maybe because the last time a man took permanent residence among gerudo he waged war with literally everyone else ever born for eternity, and also making his people look like the Taliban. Best not to literally tempt the devil you know?
>>
>>182575125

I went Zora -> Gerudo -> Goron -> Rito
>>
>>182576497
Why did it type desu
>>
>>182576650

t b h desu

s m h baka

f a m senpai
>>
>>182576796
Oh right that filters a thing
>>
>>182575663

did you died
>>
>>182577089
Paused at that moment. Gotta do stuff.
>>
File: 1371696919335.png (549KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1371696919335.png
549KB, 800x1200px
I really wish there was more (as in, any) complex Ganondorf
>>
I thought the blood moon was supposed to ass rape me but all it does is redrawn every enemy in the overworked. I was expecting nightmarish horrors to come after my nubile hylian butt cheeks but it gives me the chance to get more monster parts... Cool
>>
>>182577392

I think it respawns weapons and other resources as well.

and it can ass rape you if you just finished fighting a Lynel or something, only for it to respawn on your head
>>
>>182577382
In wind waker he lamented about his harsh acrid homeland in comparison to hyrule's bountiful people. But that could just be him taking advantage of his people's lowly situation to justify world domination just like every communist ever
>>
>>182577558
Oh thats right
>>
>>182577392
They should have made some nightmare mode between 11 and 12, like all the monsters glowed and tripled in aggression.
>>
>>182575125
I did Camel -> Bird -> Lizard -> Elephant.
I headed west the first thing I did and wasn't even aware that there would be a desert there. Moved clockwise from there and ultimately I climbed up the gigantic waterfall south of Akkala, north of the Zora's domain. And soared down from there landing ontop of their palace or whatever it is. Which was my first encounter with the Zora. It was pretty cool.
>>
>>182578142
And bring back the dry humping redeads honestly I just want the canonically sexiest link to be sexually harassed a lot more
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg (411KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
411KB, 1280x720px
>>182577089
I`ll know in a second.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg (494KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
494KB, 1280x720px
>>182578772
Raft vanished and I dropped to the ground. Ganon doesn't seem to approve of Link jacking his monster`s flying machines.
>>
>>182579217
That's fucking gay
>>
File: 1368673964260.png (425KB, 1064x584px) Image search: [Google]
1368673964260.png
425KB, 1064x584px
>>182577843

Possibly, but it was the closest take that wasn't just "I'm gonna kill you and rule the world as a God."

I just want 'relatable and maybe even good-intentions' Ganondorf
>>
>>182579217

That's pretty disappointing desu

It'd have been funny if they all respawned and some were up there ready to pound your ass, but that just sucks
>>
File: 1374710702118.jpg (335KB, 430x3844px) Image search: [Google]
1374710702118.jpg
335KB, 430x3844px
>>
Anyone could play Tri Force heroes with me? I can't clear the dungeons' challenges because everyone in online play is a cockgobling retard.

Friend code: 4055-7177-1647
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg (435KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
435KB, 1280x720px
>>182579340
>>182579615
I can see why it happened. They pretty much put the monsters back the way I found them. Back by the tower is a boko to appeared above a raft. It was painfully slow moving anyhow, even if it did stealth me past a pack of roaming guardian.
>>
File: 134508706427673.gif (124KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
134508706427673.gif
124KB, 500x388px
>>
File: Din_(Oracle_of_Seasons).png (269KB, 520x676px) Image search: [Google]
Din_(Oracle_of_Seasons).png
269KB, 520x676px
what happened to the other Goddesses
>>
>>182580582
Hylia turned them into dragons
>>
>>182580582
They made pet dragons.
>>
>>182580684
>>182580716

from creating all-powerful wish-making triangles to being big ass noodles

what a way
>>
anyone know if nintendo is gonna patch the kilton medal glitch? apparently you can't get them in master mode
>>
File: 57164901_p41.jpg (272KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
57164901_p41.jpg
272KB, 800x800px
>>
What was the best memory, and why was it Blades of the Yiga?
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94.jpg (450KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
450KB, 1280x720px
Wolf Link is an instigator that leaves me with a quarter heart and a collection of Moblin clubs.
>>
File: IMG_1185.jpg (95KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1185.jpg
95KB, 640x640px
>>182582852
Piano main theme and Zelda orgasming
>>
>>182582852
Best Memory is Zelda being a qt nerd and trying to feed Link a frog.
>>
>>182584565
This
>>
>>182579850
But OoT Link is a Navifag
>>
>>182574115
Was having a giggle lad. Though it would be nice to see more of the Twili, at least with some extra development of both them and their world. Even if it was another time. A cheeki breeki Midna would be a big bonus, but a man can dream.

Let's be honest though, Nintendo/Aonuma could think of any excuse to implement something, like alternate travel methods to the Twilight Realm and back as one example even if it's far fetched. Just because there was one known method doesn't mean another couldn't be made up. Zelda games aren't ones that are serious about strength of continuity and established rules. If they wanted to do something they'd do it anyway regardless of past games. We never saw any of the ancient Shiekah tech stuff before, but they went with it for BotW as a new thing. tl;dr anything can happen, and they won't care about what happened in a past game.
>>
File: 1499486855076.jpg (114KB, 1200x771px) Image search: [Google]
1499486855076.jpg
114KB, 1200x771px
>>182583035
>>
>>182577382
Ganondorf hasn't shown up as often as Ganon
>>
File: C-RTYd-V0AEpmKm.jpg:large.jpg (242KB, 1677x729px) Image search: [Google]
C-RTYd-V0AEpmKm.jpg:large.jpg
242KB, 1677x729px
i hate yahahas
>>
File: midnalink.jpg (58KB, 564x861px) Image search: [Google]
midnalink.jpg
58KB, 564x861px
>>182581432
midna a cute
>>
File: CSedYecUwAA9rhl.jpg:large.jpg (68KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CSedYecUwAA9rhl.jpg:large.jpg
68KB, 600x450px
>>182588815

Why did she have to be so 'selfless'
>>
Middle trials here I come.
>>
>>182589024
because Link was too short for her
>>
File: 1399891363476.png (129KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1399891363476.png
129KB, 1200x1200px
>>182577382

Ganondorf that loves and talks eagerly about puzzles

but still wants to kill you
>>
>>182580684
lies

>>182581194
heresy

>>182580716
that's actually a cute thing

PRAISE THE CUTE GODDESSES
>>
File: 51227504_p6.jpg (263KB, 650x904px) Image search: [Google]
51227504_p6.jpg
263KB, 650x904px
Master, I
>>
Daily reminder that Hylia is a false god.
>>
File: 44655017_p31.jpg (859KB, 900x1270px) Image search: [Google]
44655017_p31.jpg
859KB, 900x1270px
>>
>>182590041
In BotW that might actually be a thing. We know that Hylia became mortal and made babies with SS Link. The Sheikah were in charge long enough to brainfuck everyone into thinking that their dead goddess is actually still around and kicking. The statues could be powered with TECHNOLOGY.
>>
>>182590186
Why was OoT Link suck an edgy dead fag
>>
File: CSQaovcUkAAoS2T.jpg:large.jpg (170KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CSQaovcUkAAoS2T.jpg:large.jpg
170KB, 768x1024px
>>182585412
>>
>>182590357
same reason you'll be one. he died a virgin
>>
File: CVF43fcVEAAWYAG.jpg:large.jpg (92KB, 900x671px) Image search: [Google]
CVF43fcVEAAWYAG.jpg:large.jpg
92KB, 900x671px
>>182590386
>>
File: file.png (448KB, 595x616px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
448KB, 595x616px
i wish there was a bonus scene where zelda reacts if you beat the game with gerudo armor
>>
File: 1490593191622.jpg (189KB, 627x886px) Image search: [Google]
1490593191622.jpg
189KB, 627x886px
>>182590806
>>
>>182590971
i was just thinking about how much iwanted to see this image again thank you
>>
File: C57PT9-U8AA3sSV.png (1MB, 529x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C57PT9-U8AA3sSV.png
1MB, 529x1200px
>>182590806

I wish there had been one for wearing that skeleton tron-gimp suit

YES MISTRESS ZELDA, ANYTHING YOU WANT MISTRESS
>>
>>182591046
It's almost like I'm right behind you
>>
Someone should compare the BotW map with Skyward Swords Goddess temple locations.
>>
>>182591243
impossible im behind seven proxies
>>
File: 1378085954774.jpg (478KB, 1395x983px) Image search: [Google]
1378085954774.jpg
478KB, 1395x983px
>>
FUCK THESE BOMB ARROWS IN THE THIRD FLOOR
>>
File: CFW9LwjUkAA_P2W.jpg:large.jpg (33KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
CFW9LwjUkAA_P2W.jpg:large.jpg
33KB, 450x450px
>>182589024
>>
>>182585412
He did spend a while with Zelda though after OoT
>>
File: 1489795260046.png (511KB, 1474x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489795260046.png
511KB, 1474x1000px
>>182590971
>Mipha's face
>>
>>182591916
What a slut
>>
>>182546914
But it's too different compared to everything they built in the game
>>
>>182592123
>not wanting to be pegged by your double dicked fishanceè
>>
File: 1368840260958.png (3MB, 1168x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1368840260958.png
3MB, 1168x1584px
memes
>>
>>182576497

Nabooru hated Ganondorf and seems to have either formulated the current Gerudo monarchy or was the first Chief. Her hatred of Ganondorf could have expanded to a ban on all voe.

That being said she liked Link well enough
>>
File: 1364761447410.jpg (3MB, 1636x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1364761447410.jpg
3MB, 1636x2000px
>>182593256
>>
>>182593312
She kind of got fucked the most of all the sages. And it was by her own kin too.
>>
File: 1475503075401.jpg (53KB, 500x538px) Image search: [Google]
1475503075401.jpg
53KB, 500x538px
The master trials weren't actually inside of the sword.
What a tease. I hate it. And a huge missed opportunity.
>>
File: 3d model nabooru.jpg (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
3d model nabooru.jpg
61KB, 400x400px
>>182593648
>>
>>182593837

was it too much to ask to have a "Welcome back Master" scene
>>
>>182594457
>>
>>182594457
They haven't been on speaking terms since that one Link asked her for a hand job.
>>
>>182588460

No, but he's by far the more popular incarnation.
>>
File: Divine_Beast_Vah_Naboris.jpg (65KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Divine_Beast_Vah_Naboris.jpg
65KB, 1200x800px
>>
>>182589640
Reminds me of the dungeons I drawed as a kid.
>>
>>182594457
She's asleep
>>
File: 50068454_p0.jpg (65KB, 400x743px) Image search: [Google]
50068454_p0.jpg
65KB, 400x743px
>>182595991

a cup of coffee and she'll be raring to go i'm sure
>>
File: 1466194274550.jpg (266KB, 650x848px) Image search: [Google]
1466194274550.jpg
266KB, 650x848px
>>
File: 1467791535287.jpg (631KB, 600x4080px) Image search: [Google]
1467791535287.jpg
631KB, 600x4080px
>>
File: 1466194853687.jpg (268KB, 650x945px) Image search: [Google]
1466194853687.jpg
268KB, 650x945px
>>
>>182597534
>You'll never be cucked as bad as Cia

Feels good
>>
File: 1467789079522.jpg (571KB, 650x898px) Image search: [Google]
1467789079522.jpg
571KB, 650x898px
>>
File: Linkpacha.jpg (47KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Linkpacha.jpg
47KB, 540x540px
>Four Swords Adventures continues
>Infiltration of Hyrule Castle
>Do it so pro I don't get caught once
>Do it so pro I actually have to restart because I don't have enough Force Gems to break the barrier at the end
>>
File: HKVyEKr[1].jpg (483KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HKVyEKr[1].jpg
483KB, 1280x720px
>>182591058
>Gimp suit
It's a luche libra costume, you fool

>Link, do you remember me?
>Estás confundido, señorita, mi nombre ya no es Link!
>Wait what? I don't understand this language
>Yo soy el Héroe de Hyrule, el campeón de la lucha libre,
>YO SOY EL ESQUELETO VERDE!
>Link I'm scared what's happening right now
>>
File: 1466196094797.jpg (1011KB, 2968x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1466196094797.jpg
1011KB, 2968x1536px
>>
>>182597783
>implying Link isn't already cucking you by fucking Zelda
>>
File: midna and link.jpg (205KB, 850x1700px) Image search: [Google]
midna and link.jpg
205KB, 850x1700px
>>
I just realized the only Zelda game I haven't played is Minish Cap. What am I missing out on, /lozg/?
>>
>>182598772
Minish cap is great, final boss is a bit shit but fuck me the dungeons are good
>>
>>182598169
Is Ocarina of Time Zelda getting dicked?
>>
>>182598772
The game is a bit short sadly. But aside from that it's incredible.
>>182598940
>final boss is a bit shit
Oh no you. Just no.
>>
File: Cityminish.jpg (248KB, 1365x681px) Image search: [Google]
Cityminish.jpg
248KB, 1365x681px
>>182598772
top tier adventure
>>
File: 23541013_m.png (380KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
23541013_m.png
380KB, 449x600px
>>182594457
>>182594682
>Squidward Sword is the first game in the timeline
>Fi has retroactively been with you for almost every one of Link's adventures
>>
>>182598940
>>182599105
>>182599248
Sounds good, I'm gonna have to pick it up then.
>>
>>182599504
The Legend of Zelda: The Adventures of Tom Thumb
>>
oh wait I have to make a new thread
>>
>>182600001
>>182600001
>>182600001
here
>>
>>182557406
Yes. I will add it's been less of an issue the further from the plateau I've gotten, though the phantom armor boosting damage meaning less strikes also alleviates the issue substantially.
>>
>>182319639
It's also the Cap of the Hero...
>>
>>182459742
have you ever played a nintendo series
>>
>>182569957
I did it without a weapon using the two treasure chests
Thread posts: 756
Thread images: 179

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.