[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead Space Game Idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: DeadSpace3.jpg (58KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
DeadSpace3.jpg
58KB, 658x370px
So, ladies and gentlemen of /vg/, I think those of us who played the dead space trilogy can agree 3 was a massive deviation from the norm we had come to expect.

Mind, it wasn't bad, but when an option for the player is a sniper rifle/rocket launcher, and all ammo is interchangeable, the game becomes less "oh God, please don't let me die" and more "kill everything horribly".

I will get to the point: What if Dead Space was re-imagined as a "Humanity Fuck Yeah" game?

To that end, I would propose the next game be a tactics game. Permadeath, weapon crafting ala DS3 (sans the goddamned microtransactions), using scavanger bots in various locations to gather materials, and dealing with increasing worse situations in battle- i.e. the initial recon of the battlefield reveals so many necromorphs, then, partway through combat, disaster strikes, as it is wont to do in the dead space series: a horde more of necromorphs join. Unitologists attack and serve both as adversaries and potential new necromorphs. The environment becomes hostile via vacuum, poison gas, fire, etc.

The classes would include soldiers (use military themed weapons and have bonuses to using cover and leadership), medic (use health packs *better*, either spreading them among allies or waiting until the instant an ally is hurt to use one), engineer (use special tools to dismember necromorphs, stasis to slow them, and kinesis to impale), and heavy weapons (rockets, grenades, contact beams, etc.)

Ammo of course is diversified appropriately as was the case in 1 and 2. Each unit has their own RIG that must be upgraded individually. No mana besides stasis energy exists- all medic abilities rely on medpaks, and other classes need ammo of some sort to make most abilities work.

Example: Engineer's "Disarm and Impale" has an Engineer unit attempt to use a weapon to remove a bladed arm/claw and then impale the target in one stroke.
>>
>>182008006
with the "disarm and impale", bonuses to the damage of the initial attack are given if the unit has a plasma cutter or such equipped, and the damage done by the impalement is equal to the kinesis damage strength.

On the topic of dismemberment, enemy human, robot, and necromorphs handle it very differently. A robot loses an arm and keeps going. A necromorph loses an arm and takes severe damage as is Dead space tradition. A human loses an arm, goes into shock, and starts bleeding to death. During battle, this basically means they're incapacitated and the only option is to stabilize them, then use "almost magic" medical science after battle to reattach/regrow the limb. Dying means a unit can be stabilized. If a unit *dies*, that's it- they're gone for good.

Of course this can work in the player's favor- a Unitologist that gets their head blown off is down and out- unless, of course, a necromorph reanimator gets their hands on them.

The campaign goes from a military branch focusing on survival against necromorphs and insane unitologists to rallying every last human that isn't insane or of the cult to board the planetcrackers and kill the brethren moons.

Selling quote for the game:

Brethren Moon: "We are hunger. We are infinite. We do not know pain or fear."

Isaac Clarke: "Don't worry. We're good teachers."

The rallying cry of the last bastion of humanity? "Non sine pugna." - not without a fight.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.