[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/indie/ - Indie Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 758
Thread images: 141

File: f.jpg (247KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
247KB, 1600x900px
Last Thread : >>181455263

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in /vg/), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
http://pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
http://indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral
>>
/lite/'s not dead its surely alive
>>
;_;
>>
>>181834454
seems like we need to punch somebody in their ugly... monitor? Face? Window?
>>
>>181834443
We hit bump limit in less than 4 days. That is more alive than usual.
>>
File: New_Chesters_Update_Poster.png (649KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
New_Chesters_Update_Poster.png
649KB, 600x599px
We posting cute now?
>>
>>181834454
That's out of character for the world machine
>>
File: shiny unown.png (69KB, 261x155px) Image search: [Google]
shiny unown.png
69KB, 261x155px
>>181834631
Maybe?
homura deserved better fate
>>
>>181834739
I remember the Entity being a bit more of a dick in the freeware version. More so than Silver.
>>
>>181834298
>So you're still bound to explore for a while before you can afford to laze around at home and do nothing.
Essentially, yes
But you can get yourself a sustainable source of food+water pretty early in the game, at least, provided you already know where and how to get the things you need
Going in blind, I can't say for certain, but by the time you're 25-50% through the game food+water'll definitely be a non-issue, provided you're not outside your base for too long
>>
Can you still use the Cyclops as a mobile base?

Two major patches ago my Cyclops had everything I needed inside of it, from plants to storage to utilities. The only point of my base was to charge the power cells that powered the Cyclops.
>>
>>181834903
>25-50%
That sounds acceptable, compared to other survivals where food and water is a plenty and only becomes an issue when going on an expedition.
>>
File: DC8YN55WsAQTNDc.jpg (68KB, 857x424px) Image search: [Google]
DC8YN55WsAQTNDc.jpg
68KB, 857x424px
>>
>>181835083
Yes
>>
>>181835101
So the simple knowledge that the things you are easily harvesting won't always be harvest-able is enough to change your opinion on the game? Not judging or anything, but that is kind of interesting.
>>
>>181835083
You can put your Cell Chargers in your Cyclops, you know. And yes, you can still use it as a mobile base, you just gotta be willing to go slowly and quietly and also take time to fix it.
>>
File: softworks.jpg (33KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
softworks.jpg
33KB, 1280x720px
>>181835894
>you can charge your power cells using other power cells
>>
File: OFF12.png (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OFF12.png
248KB, 1920x1080px
What other classic indie games have been inspired by Machinarium?
>>
>>181835894
As of the last major update, power cell chargers put in the cells exactly the amount they take out from the ones on-board, and power efficiency modules don't affect this, as they now only affect the cyclops' engine
Only way to charge the cells without returning to your base is to have a seamoth with solar chargers or prawn suit with thermal reactor docked, be somewhere close to the surface/hot, and swap the power cells in the seamoth/prawn with the ones in the cyclops when they're fully charged
Needless to say, at least with a seamoth, it'd usually be quicker to just grab all the power cells and run back to your base real quick to charge them, then go back
>>
>>181836273
Tetris
>>
>>181836317
Man when I read that, I was immobilized by pure disbelief for a good 4 seconds as I realized what I just read.

Fucking infinite energy, holy shit. No wonder they changed that.
>>
>>181835821
I do like how they make it easier for you as you start, with the difficulty slowly going up as time pass and you slowly start running out of ressources.
Since you can recycle your furniture with 100% efficiency, having limited ressources isn't much of a problem.

It's more penalizing in, I dunno, Don't Starve, since ressources barely regrow.

But I'm curious, if you breed a lot of fishes in aquariums, and then release them in the wild, can you build an artificial, small biome where fishes are plentiful?
>>
File: 2dwaifu.png (113KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
2dwaifu.png
113KB, 300x301px
Here is a little known indie rpg that can be played free in a browser. It's almost stardew valley online.. you can farm, chop wood, build a house, steal, and PK. The underground is huge with monsters and loot.

http://www.mysteralegacy.com/about/
>>
>>181836618
In even older versions, older than the power cell/battery chargers themselves, it was possible to build solar panels on top of the cyclops, which gave the same effect, but at least made sense
Still hoping they'll eventually add an actual solar panel module for the cyclops, or at least some other kind of electricity-regenerating module
>>181836756
If you release a fish bred in an aquarium, they don't roam particularly far from where you released them
So you can just step outside your base and release 20+ fish at once and have them all huddled around your base, if for some reason you want that
But they don't reproduce in the wild, they just sit there and swim around mindlessly and run away from you like any other fish in the game
>>
>>181837072
>you can farm, chop wood, build a house...
>oh, and you can steal and kill!
WHAT

>>181837105
>they don't reproduce in the wild
Aaaw, a shame. If you could fuck with the ecosystem, it would be hilarious.
>>
>>181837464
Yeah, far as I know aquarium-bred fish don't behave any differently from fish you'd normally find in the wild

One thing you can do, however, is find eggs for some of the larger fauna in the game, like stalkers and sand sharks and such,
but not any of the real big nasties like reapers

Drop one in an aquarium, and it'll eventually hatch into said fauna
Drop two, and they'll make eggs that'll also hatch
Inside the aquarium they won't attack you or any other fish in the aquarium, giving you a safe opportunity to scan them for the juicy flavor text, but when released into the wild they will still attack you and other fish just the same as one found in the wild
So you could, say, find a boneshark egg, hatch it, release it near a bunch of stalkers, jump back in your seamoth real quick, and watch what happens
>>
>>181838047
But can I stick my thumb in its butt?

And the flavour text isn't that interesting so far. Slime Rancher had better text.
>>
>>181838565
Absolutely

At the very least, it tells you what the things are called
Scanning it's really the only way to get that info
>>
>>181838983
You mean they're not called "floaty-floaty-big-balls" and "tasty-munchy-crunchy"?
>>
>>181839243
There's one thing called a floater, nothing called anything similar to "tasty-munchy-crunchy"
>>
>>181839430
The floaty-floaty-big-balls are for making water and the thingy that sends you back to the surface.

The tasty-munchy-crunchy is for food and doesn't serve any real purpose.
>>
>>181839714
If you have a tasty-munchy-crunchy in your hand, a stalker'll take it out of your hand and will be temporarily docile and won't attack you until you leave and come back
Not really any situations in which this is useful, but it's interesting and it's the only creature in the game that does this
>>
>>181839942
Oh?

See, THIS IS THE KIND OF THING THAT I NEED TO READ IN MY ANALYZER.
There's still a lot of room for improvement.
>>
>>181840146
The scanner does note that it seems to have an innate ability for reward-based learning
And looking at the wiki, it seems that while it's docile it'll also look for metal salvage,
as it usually does, but it'll drop it next to you instead of in whatever spot it usually drops it in
>>
>>181840403
Mmmm... What a pickle. I'll have to re-read all the entries, just in case I missed something interesting.
>>
Bravo humble banner writers
bravo
>>
File: 2346151-grimoire_start_screen.png (1005KB, 812x651px) Image search: [Google]
2346151-grimoire_start_screen.png
1005KB, 812x651px
1 day until GOTY comes out
>>
>>181843254
And then it flops.
>>
>>181843254
>grimoire beta
>beta
how can this NOT flop
>>
>>181844679
I gurantee that if it flops the dev will go full denial and blame it on players not being smart enough to appreciate his "masterpiece
".
>>
>>181847246
The dev sounds like DarkSydephil.
>>
>>181847290
He is more unstable than DSP
>>
>>181848448
It's possible?
>>
File: sam-stanley-chet-desmond.jpg (93KB, 1200x645px) Image search: [Google]
sam-stanley-chet-desmond.jpg
93KB, 1200x645px
This is the FBI. Give us your best mystery games or you're going away for a long time
>>
>>181848692
Professor Layton and the process of moeification
>>
>>181848692
Sorry officer, that trick won't work on me. There's no such thing as a good mystery game.
>>
>>181848692
Twin Peaks.
>>
File: Bez názvu.png (174KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bez názvu.png
174KB, 1280x1024px
>>
>>181849025
>eating cats
also
>that name
BEZ NAZWY
slavic language everywhere
czech intensiifies
>>
>>181850052
You bet kurva
>>
>>181830902
>Subnautica is a good survival game.
Well, technically, no. The core gameplay has some nice survival elements but the survival gamemode is poorly implemented.

The only difference between freedom and survival is food/water system, which has typical flaws. They're just tedious "constantly refill these meters" busywork as always. They also become a non-issue near the start of the plot when you find melons to grow aboard your sub.

Oxygen is also a non-issue. The planet has earth-like atmosphere and your submersiles have infinite O2 supply. Games like Empyrion Galactic Survival do O2 much better. Start crash-landed on a planet with no oxygen and you know real survival. Also, I've seen noobs die inside their spacesuits when their oxygen runs out ... on a planet with atmospheric oxygen. Oops. Should've taken that helmet off.
>>
>>181852393
>empyrion galactic survival
>no oxygen
so how do you survive? can you make oxygen with chemistry or what? do you even need oygen by endgame
seems like a race against time

also

link pls
>>
>>181834235
>no Grimoire in the OP

You fucked up
>>
>>181852393
subnautica is a good exploration and thalassophobia game
>>
>>181853001
>still meming about grimoire
>>
>>181852393
>Well, technically, no. The core gameplay has some nice survival elements but the survival gamemode is poorly implemented.
Never played Empyrion Galactic Survival.
Got a more mainstream example of a survival game "done right"?
>>
File: 1347047056069.jpg (91KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1347047056069.jpg
91KB, 256x256px
>mfw I realize Epistory is just not just a fantasy adventure game but actually tells an autobiographie
Now it makes sense why the enemies come crawling with very themed words in the dungeons.
>>
File: enoch wink.gif (715KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
enoch wink.gif
715KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>181854925
That is just Hugo stuck in a big ball.
>>
>>181852598
Yeah, you can create oxygen and hydrogen from water. The early game, especially your first one, can be a really tough survival experience if you start on a planet without O2 atmosphere. I think you can even start on a planet without any natural O2 sources on the latest alphas. God knows how you could survive on those. Build a small GTFO vessel ASAP and find a water source?

You always need oxygen. Be it your bases, capital vessels, small/hover vessels or your suit. After the early game, you should have stable oxygen production and it is fairly non-tedious to refill, but it is always a limited resource.

>>181853640
>more mainstream
Anon, this is /indie/. But I wouldn't say Empyrion is survival done right, it just incorporates much better oxygen gameplay systems than Subnautica.

You also need to manage food, radiation, temperature, energy for your bases/vessels and a plethora of other factors. Empyrion does most of its survival mechanics well, but IMO food is just tedium. It's always like that in survival games.
>>
VA-11 Hall-A currently on sale 33% off at the humblestore, along with a bunch of other games. Hollow knight is on sale there too
>>
>>181853001
If the game ends up being good and people get some good discussion off it, it can get added later.
>>
File: long.png (98KB, 179x246px) Image search: [Google]
long.png
98KB, 179x246px
The Longbow is the greatest medieval weapon to ever exist. With it the English won every single war. This is because they string the bows 600 times and use glorious British logs.

Longbows are capable of shooting across the English channel. They first invented the longbow with experiments that involved shooting arrows at pig disgusting France. When word got back to the soldiers that an arrow had flown true and hit a Frenchmen on the other side of the channel, they brought the results before the king.

Every Longbow is blessed by priests as the weapon of God. Only the most pure Brits were allowed to wield these holy weapons.
>>
>>181855414
I never saw radiation done right.
Fallout had some nice flavour text, but ultimately, it boiled down to "fill that hidden bar too much and you die".
>>
File: Buddy stronk.jpg (701KB, 1805x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy stronk.jpg
701KB, 1805x2048px
I normally play a moralfag in these kind of games, but in Expedition Viking, I'm trying to get every slave I can get my hands on because they reduce how long it takes to make buildings, and I get a limited time before the game ends, so I want to make as much as possible.

The bad thing is my best warrior gets butthurt at that kind of stuff, so I hope I don't wind up pissing him off enough to make him leave.
>>
>>181858291
The longer you stay in radiation, the higher your minimum is? If you stay too long, your minimum ends up so high you're crippled for the rest of the game.
>>
>>181858439
I remember the flavour text telling me I was losing my hair and my teeth, but I never noticed any stat drop.

Then again, I was a kid back then.
>>
>>181858291
Realistic radiation wouldn't make fun gameplay so it's hard to do "right". I like the STALKER approach to it.
>>
>>181858959
What, chug down vodka?

STALKER actually does a lot of things right and is very fun. I like how it plays as a RPG but doesn't turn you or enemies into bullet sponges like Fallout or Borderlands do.

It also qualifies as a survival in my book, because the anomalies are really deadly.
>>
>>181858746
No, I don't mean Fallout 2.

I mean an idea to do it better?
>>
>>181859127
Frankly, I don't know enough radiation. My understanding of it is that if you take too much of it and let it settle, you're done for. Kinda like poison, but we all know how poison work in game.
>-5 HP
>-5 HP
>-5 HP
>poison effect ran out
>>
>>181857181
>can't be shot while prone
>can't be shot while kneeling
>can't be held drawn indefinitely like a crossbow
It's a pretty good weapon for warfare but objectively inferior for personal use compared to a crossbow or even a shorter bow, be it self-defense or assassination. I guess it's adequate for hunting at least but still inferior to the crossbow since drawing a bow can make enough noise to scare the game away.

Even then the crossbow's ease of use makes it a much better weapon for warfare as well. Crossbow is much more effective for sieges, too.

>inb4 muh Battle of Crécy
Genoese mercs were just idiots.
>>
>>181859862
Do bolts fired from a crossbow have God guiding them every step of the way?
>>
>>181859862
Yeah but crossbow looks like ass. A bow is much more impressive.
>>
>>181860064
No, they are all powered by the unlimited power of Pope's butthurt.
>>
>longbow
>holy "weapon" blessed by priests

>crossbow
>so OP pope wanted to ban them

Hmm.
>>
>>181860137
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9lWLEMv9FI

>tfw
>>
>>181860126
>crossbow looks like ass
Than't an objectively incorrect opinion.
>>
>>181860456
So that's why they wear the funny hats.
>>
>>181860516
Wonder how long it'll take for the Primitive Technology guy to make a crossbow
>>
>>181852393
>your submersiles have infinite O2 supply
Technically not infinite, it runs out when your power's out

Which actually does matter before you get a cell charger, I had some close calls
>>
>>181860516
Like ass.
LIKE ASS.

Plus bows are easier to craft. I love the Far Cry just because they let me go Rambo on armoured guys with assault rifle and automatic weapons.
>>
>>181860842
I don't think he would be able to make a proper crossbow since those have iron/steel bows. Manufacturing a crossbow requires more precision than a bow, too.

Even if he managed to smelt iron and make a bow, you really wouldn't want to risk the thing snapping when drawn. Last thing you want is a sharp piece of metal flying towards your face at extremaly high speed.

As a matter of fact it's one of the reasons why medieval crossbows had such short draws- the metallurgy wasn't that great back then so there was no way to know the exact strength of every single bow. It was safer to make all of them have shorter draws.

I guess he could make a shitty all-wood one, but then you are better off with a bow.
>>
>>181859439
It depends on how much radiation, though. You're effectively absorbing radiation throughout your entire life, just not in levels that would kill you.
>>
File: Screenshot_164.png (837KB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_164.png
837KB, 1365x767px
It's a little disappointing that the remainder of your crew is generated by you. In Conquistador, all your available party members were premade with their own little backstories and story events.
>>
Hey niko talk like a robot
>>
>>181859127
I think the way Fallout handles radiation is fine.

If you wanted to be realistic then if PC absorbed too much radiation he would live a few days of progressive agony and eventually die with no way to cure it, but that doesn't translate very well into vidya.

Progressively worse stat penalties that are crippling at later stages and death in the final stage is good enough if you ask me.
>>
>>181862390
>'re effectively absorbing radiation throughout your entire life
PANIC
>>
>>181867008
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Background_radiation
What did you think, that radiation is nuclear stuff?

Yeah no, it's everywhere. You're absorbing maybe like 1-2 millisiviert yearly. depending on where you live, on a scale where you need a whole siviert to have 55% for cancer.
>>
>>181867008
Even bananas contain radioactive isotopes.
>>
>>181867245
>>181867539
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH
I AM DYING
>>
File: OneShot 01.07.2017 22_33_32.png (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
OneShot 01.07.2017 22_33_32.png
48KB, 640x480px
>>181864032
>>
>>181844679
FUCK you haters
I'm STILL going to buy it on launch
The fans have PLAYED the demo and loved it
>>
>>181867590
you have radioactive carbon-14 inside your body right now

and it's in your skeleton too so don't think you can escape it just by leaving your flesh prison
>>
>>181848692
Thimbleweed park
>>
>>181857181
Longbows were so powerful and effective that the noble English warriors thought it wasnt fair to use them against the French
>>
File: OneShot 01.07.2017 22_33_40.png (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
OneShot 01.07.2017 22_33_40.png
46KB, 640x480px
>>181869786
>>
>>181869976
I have dreams of my body giving off incredibly lethal amounts of radiation; radiation so intense that even the insects and bacteria dies. I have my own 30 foot radius where all the tiny and disgusting things that want to crawl all over your body simply cannot exist. It would actually really end up sucking if you really thought about it, but dreams don't have to be rational.
>>
you can keep your overwatch

I play Overgrowth
>>
File: 1435161663490.jpg (56KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
1435161663490.jpg
56KB, 600x439px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0D7MBBI2Ik
>>
>try to anticipate unanticipated threats

Interesting advice, PDA.
>>
>>181843254
>This paragon was seeing a hooker he ended up marrying. It's one thing to get a divorce if your marriage is bad enough but no man who meant any of that moral outrage would cheat on his wife with an escort and end up marrying her. The man is a pig, that's just not something that a person with any honor or empathy does. I'm only talking about the juicy stuff to get you to look at the link, the other 99% is all there to confirm that Jones is a CIA plant designed to manage the opposition. I always had my suspicions but this is absolute confirmation. His family tree looks like half the underground parking spaces at Langley, Virginia.

>I am going to be more skeptical in the future of anyone who is not named Jesus Christ. All these bastards are dirty, lowdown ratbags simply saying whatever they think will go over best with the public this week. Alex Jones is laughing all the way to the bank at millions of patriots who think he is legit. Him and his vitamin store. What a thug. I can see now why so many people think he is Bill Hicks. How much you want to bet that escort was recommended by a "friend?" I guarantee you she is a Mossad asset so they can keep a very close watch on the guy at all times. Stick to the narrative.

The creator of the game seems like a very stable person
>>
File: to_the_moon.png (514KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
to_the_moon.png
514KB, 800x567px
Time is an endless march that gives our life meaning
>>
>>181874859
Only anticipate unanticipated threats if you can't anticipate unanticipatable threats. It's better to have the general case of threats which cannot be anticipated rather than just the ones that previously were failed to be anticipated
>>
>>181869786
cuuuute
>>
YOUR ACTIONS HAVE ATTRACTED A SPECTER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1EsMTHJBwQ

Also to the guy who said I sound like a faggot the last thread, I have Autism, please be understanding.
>>
What is the cat game people keep posting about?
>>
>>181880967
>asks for understanding
>says he has a mental illness to explain his voice

Use your diaphragm. Cool game. Enjoyable let's play.
>>
>>181883105
OneShot on Steam I think
>>
>>181883152
Thank you.
>>
>>181883105
Oneshot anon, checl the pastebin
>>
>>181884835
I opened the pastebin and then opened the first subpastebin game list and checked the first three games, then decided that it would be faster to open all the subpastebins and ctrl+f for "cat". I found that one subpastebin has been deleted entirely, and none of them talk about cats, though there are many responses for "thecatamites" as an author.

Pastebin turns out to not be very useful to just find a specific game rather than a general recommendation.

>>181883716
Thanks
>>
File: 1499056714752.png (126KB, 787x649px) Image search: [Google]
1499056714752.png
126KB, 787x649px
>>181885062
I found it yesterday by opening and checking the links to the games there...you need to try harder next time.
>>
>>181885062
thecatamites makes good games but the only one of his on Steam is Magic Wand. Here's a video of Murder Dog IV though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-QqXSlBAag

DEFEAT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM. SAVE THE DOGGO.
>>
File: OneShot 01.07.2017 21_49_38.png (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
OneShot 01.07.2017 21_49_38.png
50KB, 640x480px
>>181883105
There is a game?
>>
>>181843254
Hahaah what the hell, looking at steam store page, he's got that stupid border in the screenshots. How can one be so out of touch?

>>181847043
That's just an old shot.
>>
>>181849025
>coins and milk flavored stardrop
ehhhh
>>
>tfw to shit at typing to get the 60 or even just 45wmp achievement in epistory
My highest seems to be 36 if steam tracks that correctly.
>>
I bought Stardew during the sale. Is is normal for the dance to be a reminder of real life, as in it's just a rejection simulator?
>>
File: 1a.png (125KB, 636x479px) Image search: [Google]
1a.png
125KB, 636x479px
Just finished NG+ of OneShot.

It's been very enjoyable, would recommend.
>>
>>181893897
Its not fair
>>
>>181834235
>>181884835
>>181885062
>last updated Dec 2015
>>
>>181870291
Cute.
>>
I can't even play Underrial
>>
File: 583270_20170706231116_1.png (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
583270_20170706231116_1.png
279KB, 1920x1080px
Will I beat this game? Will I become legend?

After Sausage Roll I want to win another game, another puzzle game. I want to finish another puzzle game and be a uzzle matter. But no matter how many puzzle games I finish I will not be able to finish Snakebird

If anything this game is a warm up for Snakebird's difficulty
>>
>>181857181
I don't understand this shit. How was this an innovation? Literally just use longer and more flexible wood. If we've had bows for centuries it shouldn't have taken that long.
>>
>>181869976
Hahaha, good one anon, but skeletons aren't real.
>>
>>181897648
Undertial
>>
cay
>>
>>181898294
Wood selection is as much a science as alloying metals. In flexibility alone you make a choice between tension and compression. It needs to be soft enough to work, but elastic enough to fire with great force. There are many woods softer (and harder) than yew, which is actually somewhere quite in the middle. Yet yew is what it took.

Although, just for reference, I think the post you're replying to is probably copypasta.
>>
File: 9999 IQ.jpg (126KB, 680x884px) Image search: [Google]
9999 IQ.jpg
126KB, 680x884px
Post only indies that require high INT to play
>>
>>181904673
>>
>>181904673
Grimoire
>>
>>181904673
Age of Decadence lol

RE: not being able to get best ending without high INT
>>
>>181898914
Unterteil
>>
File: E.Y.E.png (187KB, 450x501px) Image search: [Google]
E.Y.E.png
187KB, 450x501px
>>181904673
>>
>>181904673
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
>>
File: Damocles.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Damocles.png
9KB, 400x400px
>>181906687
Yes
>>
>>181904673
Dwarf Fortress
>>
>>181906687
but is it fun
>>
give Niko the headpats
>>
File: fuckingrimworld.jpg (469KB, 1017x843px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingrimworld.jpg
469KB, 1017x843px
I guess I'm too late in the game for a Rimworld general, so can someone explain this bullshit to me: I'm playing Hardcore SK modpack, and I've had this issue where fuckers won't store my damn meats in the freezer zones for some reason.
>>
File: fvgbhdy.png (138KB, 780x494px) Image search: [Google]
fvgbhdy.png
138KB, 780x494px
Is this a place where I can blogpost about my adventures in Nuclear Throne? Would anyone else even participate in that?
Also is the Steam version of OneShot actually worth it? 10$ seems kinda steep for something I already played for free and I would think that I would essentially be getting the same game but with a little bit of new things.
>>
>>181911325
Its been a long time since i fall in love with a character, the people behind Oneshot did and amazing job.
>>
>>181910614
With high intelligence, anything can be fun
>>
Any idea why when i try to start Oneshot again i get a white screen and the character never show sup, sorry im a retard.
>>
>>181913043
ok for real, whats the deal with the character? why do people like him/her so much?
is this just another case of one or two guys posting the same shit over and over or what?
>>
>>181914391
He's like your common child. Cute, innocent, and begs to be protected.
>>
>>181914457
if his traits are so common then whats the big deal? there are lots of cute, innocent characters in video games
>>
>>181914616
It's new, shit will die down eventually.
>>
>>181914616
He's also a cat that does cat things
That's all I can think of
It's probably a mixture of innocence and character design
>>
>>181914753
I thought I was in another thread, nevermind that. Always keep your tabs in their proper order anons.
>>
>>181914056
Sounds like a bug that you should report to the dev.
>>
>>181914761
>he's also a cat
No???? Cats walk on four legs, dummy...
>>
>>181916676
>>181914761
>>181914753
>>181914616
>>181913043
Because in the end, you decide whether they save world and stay forever in it, or save Niko but damn the world
>>
>>181917378
Did you continue after that?
>>
>>181912434
Not sure about that, maybe try turning the mod off and checking? Or you might need a mod compatibility mod.

The only time I had a problem with food storage is when I made the fridge also the prison and everyone almost starved.
>>
File: available.png (21KB, 632x97px) Image search: [Google]
available.png
21KB, 632x97px
>>
>>181912986
there used to be a roguelite general for throne/isaac/necrodancer posting but i think i remember it folding into indie games due to ded
>>
>>181918563
All I remember about that general was an /feg/ poster getting angry that the roguelite general showed up when he searched for "feg".
>>
>>181904673
Distorted Travesty 3

I have been converted. It's not bullshit mechanical like those crazy mario mods, you need to continually understand new layouts, abilities, and enemies and what limits you can push in certain combinations.
>>
>>181918668
That guy gets pissed in every general that contains "feg" somewhere in its OP, even if it's inside of a link.
>>
>>181917418
sssshhhh, why spoil that
plus, you can't do that in freeware version
>>
>>181920064
To be fair, my post would make no sense for someone who doesn't read the first spoiler.
>>
15 hours
>>
>>181913043
Dude, Niko is a little kid.
>>
>>181918668
>>181919615
Why? What's feg?
>>
>>181922447
Fire Emblem General
>>
>>181922561
Haaa, the waifu simulator.

So what about it?
>>
>>181922640
They had a very infamous shitposter who often tried to incite other generals into raiding /feg/. At his worst, he would link every single general he could directly to /feg/.
>>
>>181922748
I remember a guy like that in /nepgen/. He would link to posts he didn't like on his blog. And these link weren't linking to the posts, they were directly reports, so if you clicked on it, you just had a window saying "why d'you want to report this".
He was really infamous and people hated him so much that his name is basically an insult. Google "everything wrong with nepgen", or ask about "Ghostroach".
>>
How long has it been since Expeditions Viking came out? I downloaded a pirated version the other day, but I think it's old since it has some bugs like Walk Your Shoots feat not working.

I'm rather liking the story so far, although my cousin is being a real pain in the ass and is at -7 morale because he's butthurt I didn't make him a bannerman and my guy is some diplomatic faggot instead of a headlopper.

>>181922371
What's your point?
>>
File: sc8.png (730KB, 679x1345px) Image search: [Google]
sc8.png
730KB, 679x1345px
>>181922948
I think that's supposed to say "flustered" if that's your art

>>181912986
I enjoy Nuclear Throne OC so I wouldn't mind.
>>
>>181904673
Kill yourself back to /r9k/
>>
File: 62994068_p1.png (260KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
62994068_p1.png
260KB, 1000x700px
>>181923264
Naw, I got it off twitter.
>>
>>181922371
>being a little kid makes one unable to love you
Anon, I don't think you know what love actually is.

Unless you don't consider agape, philia or/and storge an actual love.
>>
>>181923264
>answering the piratefag tripcuck
>>
File: Do it for Niko.png (499KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
Do it for Niko.png
499KB, 1024x731px
>>
>>181925328
>him
She's a girl, dude.
>>
Someone tell me already where can I find Moonpool fragments in Subnautica
>>
necrodancer run starting on gdq
>>
>>181925490
you are wrong
>>
File: Niko_in_a_wheat_field.jpg (89KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Niko_in_a_wheat_field.jpg
89KB, 640x480px
>>181925902
*confused cat noises*
>>
File: Niko_by_a_broken-down_robot.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Niko_by_a_broken-down_robot.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
CATS
>>
>>181926257
>filename
That robot is not broken down. It is a heater that assumebly attained tamed status thanks to the cats and still remains on the spot for them.
>>
>>181925810
That was really quick. Diagonal movement is really strong it seems.
>>
File: 1499421670207.png (578KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
1499421670207.png
578KB, 1024x731px
>>181926084
>>181925902
>>181925490
>>181925328
ftfy
>>
File: 398850_20170705220510_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
398850_20170705220510_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
These extra challenges of enemies just coming and coming got really though and force you to make good use of the elements that have special effects like burning the next word, removing a word from every enemy around the hit target, freeze and pushing everyone around+behind the enemy back.
I haven't had my heart race like this from a videogame challenge in ages.
>>
>>181852393
>>181852598
>>181853640
>>181855414
lurking anon here, so how is Empyrion then? is it worth the money?
>>
>>181928518
I like the graphism, it reminds me of massive Chalism, but how is the game?
>>
File: kyubey is evil.png (230KB, 459x341px) Image search: [Google]
kyubey is evil.png
230KB, 459x341px
>tfw this
Kyubey cannot be trusted, they do not like Niko's food.
>>
File: ex.jpg (38KB, 857x164px) Image search: [Google]
ex.jpg
38KB, 857x164px
Very funny, PDA.
>>
>>181929998
Fuck you kyubey.

>>181930109
I wish the AI was a bit more encouraging. It's a nice incensitive for survival and morale to know that someone cares for you.
>>
11 hours
>>
>>181930967
>Dad’s been having difficulty for a while now getting the projectiles to look right. The code he originally wrote for them is more than a decade old, and his younger self used a magic number system that is unfamiliar and nonsensical to him now.
>>
>>181929381
Graphics remind me of Okami a bit since everything is made out of bookpages if you zoom in.
The game is a pretty standard action advanture with overworld and dungeons but typing is the core mechanic for everything. With the elemtnal abilities you can open up the map more outside of fights. Fire burns downs thorny bloackages and lit candles on fire, spark can be used to power electronic devices, ice is used to freeze specific water surfaces to be walkable.
A really nice touch is that the entire menus are controlable by typing.
>>
>>181926787
>>181925328
Reee you can't just change it from "her", that's part of "here".
>>
For those who play nuclear throne, is there a way to make a necromancer appear in the lab during this weekly?
Because I've got there twice using two different skip and there's none...
>>
>>181925328
Why not just cover it up and make it Do It for H
>>
File: The happiest Curry.png (461KB, 565x486px) Image search: [Google]
The happiest Curry.png
461KB, 565x486px
>>181918668
Over on /egg/ (Engineering Games), we first had some idiot from /svg/ (Shadowverse) who kept searching for just 'svg' and getting /egg/ as well due to a game's site link having that in it, and then a similar thing for another idiot from /hsg/ (Hearthstone), and every now and then they'd show up just to complain that they weren't getting only one general for their search.

Now we purposefully have a small list of 'games that are not /egg/' that just has the entire title of both generals in the OP, just so they always turn up in their searches.
>>
>>181932603
Are you able to give hints as to what the "general that quite literally cannot be named" is? That sounds like an interesting story.
>>
>>181912986
Solstice content is quite good but probably not worth 10 dollar if you already played the content before. Definitely worth to play though if you liked the old Oneshot already.
>>
>>181932874
Oh, it is a certain space simulator, isn't it?
>>
File: kspg's legacy.png (12KB, 690x156px) Image search: [Google]
kspg's legacy.png
12KB, 690x156px
>>181932874
>>181933007
Yes, involving little green men.
The game itself isn't so bad, it's what happened to the general that caused the problems on this board.
>>
>>181932603
Of all the 4chan autisms this one is one of the strangest to me.
Realyl weird to get triggered at seeing more than the one thing you seatrched for.
I bet those fags voted trump "4 da memz"
>>
>>181932980
To be fair, the Steam release of OneShot expanded the entire game, especially everything after you leave the Glen. As I recall, the Glen was the absolute only place in the freeware version that had any non-essential NPCs at all.
>>
>>181933204
Oh that is interesting to know. I only ever played the steam version.
>>
>>181933071
lmao knew which game this was after reading "do not buy this game"
>>
>>181931460
Sounds fine but the typing mechanism sounds like it can get boring really quickly.
>>
>>181933651
Well it is the core mechanic so if typing is not what you are looking for then the game is not for you.
>>
>>181933071
I'd bet money that that spoiler in that screencap said 'catfucker'

>>181933508
Not after reading the filename?
>>
>>181934017
>Not after reading the filename?
Didn't notice it.
>>
>>181934017
The spoiler said "like this one"
>>
>>181934017
>I'd bet money that that spoiler in that screencap said 'catfucker'
hello
>>
>>181933071
And I thought /jrpgg/ was a hive of shitposting. The mods only banned them temporarily and then they just died on their own.
>>
Jesus Christ, Hollow Knight is so fucking fun.
>>
This splasher game looks awesome.
>>
File: Oneshot Niko Avia.png (915KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Oneshot Niko Avia.png
915KB, 2000x3000px
So much nice fanart on the steam directory.
>>
Our friends over at /agdg/ released demo versions of their games. Which one could become /indie/ flavor of the month?

https://itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-15
>>
>>181935192
Oh that plattformer looks nea..
>procedural ruins
Fucking ruined
>Seasons Past says it is Fast Action RPG
>trailer is a mute video of a guy walking with nothing happening
Dropped
>School Puzzle Game
>Whimp the Bold
>Unnamed pixel platformer
Those look neat.
>Project Abel
Also interests me but says very early concept so I won't bother with it now.
>>
>>181932603
What exactly was so bad about kspg that was worse than ksg, srg, or scg? Did TakeTwo pay off hiromoot?
>>
>starting Hollow Knight when a patch is around the corner
>>
>>181935869
>tfw didn't have a demo this time around so I can't get a snarky reply from friends at /indie/
oh well
>>
/indie/, I beat the Steam version of Oneshot, is the OG version still worth playing?
>>
>>181936490
Probably definitely not after you already beat the Steam one.
>>
is the humble monthly bundle worth it?

I don't know how I feel about ANOTHER $10ish/month subscription
>>
File: doot_doot_doot.gif (48KB, 209x190px) Image search: [Google]
doot_doot_doot.gif
48KB, 209x190px
>tfw Grimoire will be released when I wake up
Swank.
>>
>>181936490
It has less things to interact with, a less coherent environment (you find the metal press in the middle of a field instead of inside a building for example), a less interesting version of the tower maze, and basically every single thing in the Refuge aside from George, the cafe, and the Red Guardian straight-up didn't exist in that version.
>>
Guys why is Valhalla so fucking good?
>>
>stardew valley 40% off
i swear it was less like 25% during the summer sale
>>
>>181933129
>getting mad at people who voted trump
Just as autistic bro.
>>
>>181937046
Because it was a legitimately fun story to go through and a lot of the conversations were interesting.
>>
>>181937223
Is it as good as Consortium?
>>
>>181937335
Never played that one.
>>
>>181937223
That we can both agree on my man, I got the Alma ending, should I go for the others as well?
>>
>>181936405
Show me your concept art and I give you a thought.
>>
>>181937406
It's a game plagued with bugs and a LOT of discussion. It introduces the lore pretty well, but is pretty frustrating.

And you can't shoot everyone.
>>
>>181937456
I guess. If you start NG+, Anna will give you a bunch of hints to get other endings.
>>
>>181936642
>is the humble monthly bundle worth it?
No
This goes for all 12 months of the year.
>>
>>181936642
The previewed game is usually the best in the bundle. Its only worth it if you want that game and its normally $12. Only monthly I ever bought was the one with DS2SotFS and Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>181937046
Because it's a friend simulator and the closest we'll ever come to feeling like a girl
>>
>>181935192
Judging solely by the covers and descriptions

>high tier
Whimp the Bold
Seasons Past
World of horror

>medium tier
Project Abel
Ironmash
Ghost Knight Victis

>poor tier
everything else
>>
>>181937536
>that one pawn/rook who's a total insubordinate cunt and also turns out to be a neo-scientologist
They should have let you punch him at least, or have the unwarranted aggression animated and undone instead of just nothing happening.
>>
>>181938146
Haven't reached that yet, I grew frustrated when a bug prevented me from talking to the main suspect in a murder case.
>>
File: 398850_20170707162151_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
398850_20170707162151_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>it was all just a dream
Well good thing the story wasn't a selling point of the game. Otherwise 9/10 would type again
>>
>>181938965
Oh wow steam screenshots are so shit quality.
>>
>>181935192
Bokube is gonna make it big I can feel it
>>
>>181938490
I had that bug but it fixed when I reloaded
>>
>>181940467
Well, fuck. I shoulda saved before.
>>
>>181922640
>Haaa, the waifu simulator.
I will never not be mad about what happened to FE.
>>
>>181941181
You mean the story? I heard it had betrayals, backstabbing and incest.
>>
>>181941243
FE4 did have incest, in that it spawned what was basically the anti-Christ of the setting.
>>
>>181941243
It had some pretty treacherous shit.
>>
>>181941181
The games making it to the west and being popular?
>>
>>181941848
Awakening and especially Fates and the bullshit three game split.

But enough about that bullshit, is anyone actually going to play that snobby grimoire game?
>>
File: Arkantos mod bug.png (82KB, 566x456px) Image search: [Google]
Arkantos mod bug.png
82KB, 566x456px
If the creator of the LISA: The Joyful Arkantos Mod is here, I have a bug to report. In the ATF-controlled village in the second crossroads, if you press up on the far right edge of the news post, you can levitate up and move around a bit above the ground. See pic related
>>
File: vf.png (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vf.png
138KB, 1920x1080px
>>181923264
When I say blogpost I mean stuff like posting scores, stupid shit during the runs, ect ect.
I could potentially make some really basic skin mods for Nuclear Throne Together. My most recent work for spriting was a couple of months ago for replacing Melody from Crypt with Ted McPain from Awesomenauts.
I'd post a gif of it in action but I unfortunately made it before I got the DLC and as such the mod is broken and I'm too lazy to fix it.
>>
File: Arkantos mod bug(1).png (68KB, 562x456px) Image search: [Google]
Arkantos mod bug(1).png
68KB, 562x456px
>>181944943
you can also do it where you get attacked by a whole lot of dudes by a truck with a napalm generator, too
>>
>>181943553
i've made all sorts of jokes, even promoted it a bit, but I'm not going to play it
>>
>>181947579
That is the impression I always got from you, honestly.
>>
Good morning /indie/. I had a dream where I found some cool obscure PC games at a store but it was just a dream ;_;
>>
File: 398850_20170707162240_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
398850_20170707162240_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>10
>>
>>181951162
The only pc games I see at the store are as shovelwary as the ps2 bin.
>>
>>181931574
Don't forget you're theme forever
>>
>>181941181
Apologists will claim FE was always like this or this was the creators true intention. The DLC, multiversions, and amiibo buggery is the worst of it imo. There are also too few good indie TRPGs to make up for it.
>>
File: thank you.png (215KB, 719x400px) Image search: [Google]
thank you.png
215KB, 719x400px
>>181923264
do you remember?
>>
>>181951785
There's always a physical copy of Mount&Blade
>>
>>181951162
I had a dream a few nights ago where I bought the last switch in stock at gamestop, but then my old music teacher came in and got pissed at me since he was going to buy one.

Of course, that's impossible. I'll never find a switch in stock... : <
>>
>>181954435
So yes, a shovelware.
Some trash.
>>
>>181954737
Same but for Bannerlord
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/366640/Shiness_The_Lightning_Kingdom/
Why is this so expensive? It looks pretty good if you don't get triggered by furries but the price still turns me off it.
>>
File: 1498644676664.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1498644676664.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
>>181943553
Already preordered
The hard part is finding 600 hours of my life to spend on this masterpiece
>>
>>181956153
Its published by Focus Home Interactive so it has a B tier budget. Seems like a big scale game so $30 with a sale of $15 is fair, but then FHI games are often pretty mediocre besides Styx games, do much that Id rather wait 5 years and buy it for $5 then spend more than $10 on their low budget Witcher/Mass Effect clones.
>>
>>181956204
dumb frog poster
>>
File: 1483047397571.png (859KB, 985x844px) Image search: [Google]
1483047397571.png
859KB, 985x844px
Ceci n'est pas une rpg
>>
>>181957063
This is just downright bizarre.
>>
>>181957278
Steam Direct really works wonders
>>
>>181957063
And an omelette du fromage to you mon frier
>>
>>181957063
That's pretty cute. Reminds me a little of PRICE.
>>
Subnautica players, how do I reset the signals my scanner room generates?
If I scan for something, then pick it up, then scan again the old signature will still be there.
>>
>>181957502
Don't be a retard.
Oh, too late.
>>
File: 1438458507556.png (4KB, 410x340px) Image search: [Google]
1438458507556.png
4KB, 410x340px
>>181957063
>I'm a keyboard man.

We're all keyboard men.
>>
File: DUALWIELDING.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DUALWIELDING.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>181945371
You should make webms.
>>
>>181961384
I don't remember this game lagging so much.
Also you should pick a smaller resolution for the webm for a better bitrate.
>>
>>181961384
Holy fuck that webm is great.
Sure I'm fine with making webms. I'm currently doing the daily right now and am about to get to Loop 1.
Plasma Cannon is available in Labs Big Chest I believe(?)
Either Labs or Frozen City 3.
>>
File: pro-evolution soccer.jpg (52KB, 500x630px) Image search: [Google]
pro-evolution soccer.jpg
52KB, 500x630px
Wheres a game where I can WOOOOO like Ric Flair? I ask you /indie/ because it's gotta be indie
>>
Why is watching these doggos getting impregnated and producing puppies so fucking boner inducing I can barely prevent myself from masturbating to the idea alone?
How do I make sure I won't become a /trash/man? At this rate I don't know if I can contain myself much longer
>>
>>181965823
Go jack to something else and then come back to the game without your weird urges.
>>
File: TheGreyGardenWalkByTheSea.jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TheGreyGardenWalkByTheSea.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
>>181965823
>>
>>181965823
Its too late. You're already forcing your wife to take the knot as we type.
>>
>>181965823
>>>/trash/
>>
File: Oneshot Niko Chibiso.jpg (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Oneshot Niko Chibiso.jpg
1MB, 3000x3000px
>>
>>181954294
I still play modded game once in a while.
>>
I do look forward to finding out how things will go with Grimoire in two or so hours. Either way it will be amusing to see the result after hearing about it constantly for the last few weeks.
>>
>>181972096
there's no way it's not gonna be shit
the solo dude making it refers to himself as ubermenschen
>>
>>181972295
The madman actually making a good game after 20 years of development would be very amusing in that case.
>>
>>181972295
He literally believes that he's a neanderthal and is therefore superior to the rest of humanity.
>>
>>181972604
>hunted to near extinction by sapien's dogs alone
>superior
>>
>>181972847
Allegedly they were smarter, but I guess that doesn't work out too well for you when your genetics are getting murdered/fucked out of the gene pool.
>>
I do think Grimoire could become a good game. The guy has passion and experience with the genre.

But at the same time the guy comes off as so full of himself that he would not be able to recognize any flaws in his game.
>>
>>181973047
Not to mention that if the game is unbalanced/too hard, he'll deny there's any problem.
>>
>>181973047
Its been in development for so long he likely has removed any flaws and tried all possible exploits. Believe in Grimoire
>>
File: Oneshot Niko fanart boat.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Oneshot Niko fanart boat.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>181973047
>http://steamcommunity.com/games/650670/announcements/detail/1342486185505897588
>Grimoire is a quality game for distinguished monocle wearing top hat and tuxedo connoisseurs of roleplaying games. This is not another whackamole begware lowest common denominator sewer skimming bottom feeding title. I would recommend that regular Steam consumers have a doctor standing by before playing Grimoire as the shock to the system could lead to a trip to the emergency room. It's not like anything they are used to seeing up here. This is the true old skool goodness. You may think you are prepared but rest assured you probably have not seen this much awesomeness anywhere in the past 20 years.

Seems like he's just trying to say "it's a good game" with some humourous hyperbole. False positive on the hilarious internet weirdo alarm here imo.
>>
>>181976669
>awesomeness

Literally the worst word. Don't ever say it.
>>
>>181976995
Well what is a good word to you then?
>>
>>181977498
Good.
Okay.
Decent.
Meh.
>>
>>181976669
Tubular
>>
>7/7/17
>7PM EST
>>
File: 1493655226611.png (17KB, 656x159px) Image search: [Google]
1493655226611.png
17KB, 656x159px
Disgusting, please pirate this asshole's game.
>>
>>181972847
You see more neanderthal DNA in humans as you get further from Africa, so yeah, superior.
>>
>>181981696
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>181981696
lmao

This guy's alright.
>>
>>181930182
I found that photo of the captains daughter who was on ship. I wish I could save her
>>
>>181981696
oh I get it, he's pandering to the alt-right
>>
>>181982275
I wonder if there's a game that encourage you to be a decent human being and reward you for doing so.

Except, you know, I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.
>>
>>181982394
Undertale
>>
>>181982439
Yeah, but that game is naive.
>>
>>181982331
Who else would be nostalgic enough to pay $40 for a cruddy old RPG
>>
>>181982394
Planescape Torment
>>
>>181982394
>a game that encourage you to be a decent human being and reward you for doing so.

A lot of games with a morality system, last time I checked. Many of them have a tendency to overly reward you for being a good guy and not actually give you a real incentive for picking the evil and selfish actions (which kinda misses the point if you ask me).
>>
>>181982331
That explains a lot about how he acts.
>>
>>181982394
Basically any game with moral choices since the bad choices always lead to something negative and going out of your way to help or do good is always rewarded. At best the option to be a dick gives a small short term reward and the "good" choice gives you a larger reward later or long term.
>>
>>181982649
Then I'll have to try it.

>>181982664
>>181982762
I'm thinking of Sunless Sea, where you're often confronted to sadistic choices where all options can be wrong.
Like, for example
>you meet a shifty fellow
>either you pay him 500 echoes (that's a lot) and don't have any problem
>or you accept him on board and he may be a shapeshifter assassin
>or you tell him to fuck off and he curses you

Also thinking of Fallout where being a dick means being allowed to pickpocket, steal, put grenades in people's pants (which is hilarious), and ask for rewards after quests.
>>
Grimoire more like pissoir
>>
>>181983137
The best way to succeed in This is The Police's operator sections is to be as brutal as possible.
If a perp is trying to hit your men with a two by four if you do something silly or non violent like try to tackle him, shoot the gun out of his hand, distract and sneak up behind him, talk him down, etc., they have a higher chance of getting away and killing your officers. If you choose to just shoot him its a much better chance of success.
Ive almost made it to the end and I think there are no downsides to this.
>>
>>181983826
Sorry, I only played Doorkickers. And I was surprised by how brutal you are. Killing and capturing tangos makes no difference in regard to score.
Is it the game where you try to make as much money as you can before retiring?
>>
>>181984029
Thats the one
>>
>>181984062
Ha, yes. I was a bit shocked by it, it looked very cynical in the screenshots.
Like that serie my father loves, NYPD Blue, but even worse.
>>
>>181983328
More like quimoire
>>
>>181984443
More like décevoir
>>
File: 1337873449547.gif (26KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1337873449547.gif
26KB, 200x150px
>>181984621
Beautiful stuff
>>
>>181981696
He doesn't cater to autistic SJWs. I like that.

>>181984621
More like vatfairvoir
>>
>>181984439
It is very cynical and kind of depressing. It really makes you feel futile at times.
Jon St John (Duke Nukem) pulls off a very good performance as the chief.
>>
>>181904673
I ironically want to say Darkest Dungeon because the people complaing about RNG are the biggest brainlets alive, but the game doesn't take much IQ if you don't cling to usual turn based RPG habits
>>
ITS OUT
$10
http://store.steampowered.com/app/335430/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/
>>
>>181984849
Fuck off to 8gag
>>
>>181984943
Well, fuck. If at least you could have a happy ending, I wouldn't mind trying it, but...
I'll just play torment.

>>181985238
So is it good? Go play it and report to us, brother!
>>
>>181985363
I didnt make it to any real ending because I messed up by not managing my team, currently replaying from a checkpoint 3 weeks back. I think something good will happen.
>>
What did Thimbleweed Park do right that Broken Age got so wrong?
>>
>7/7/17
>7PM CT
>>
>>181985238
Hey how did you do that?
>>
how good are jack spinoza games? i tried beeswing but didn't care much for it

what's good about sluggish morss for example
>>
File: 1498449610468.jpg (539KB, 1034x804px) Image search: [Google]
1498449610468.jpg
539KB, 1034x804px
Guys I'm literally shaking, less than an hour until I get my hands on the greatest game I'll ever play.
>>
>>181988634
>literally shaking
You have Parkingson.
>>
>>181988121
I like his games overall. Gameplay-wise they're pretty much all like Beeswing, just wandering about, occasional little puzzles, etc, but the tone and content varies a lot. Beeswing's him at his worst imo, bit twee and sentimental.

Sluggish Morss is an abstract space adventure, with writing and images you won't get anywhere else, although to start with I'd maybe try the Will You Ever Return series, which is a bit more playful. Mitt Romney and the Sex Doll is great fun too.
>>
>>181988634
>This item is not yet available
7PM what time zone then?
>>
>>181988634
>tfw my inferior homo sapiens mind couldn't comprehend grimoire
>>
>>181988121
No idea, but I really enjoyed reading Spinoza's Tractatus Theologico-Politicus. I fully recommend it.
>>
>>181988884
if i didn't think anything in beeswing was interesting will i care for the other games? regardless of if his other games have a diff tone, i get the feeling it'll still feel same-y to me
>>
>>181988634
It didn't release.

It never will.

Cleve is a lying bastard.
>>
>>181989089
Maybe. The settings are definitely more fantastical in the other games, so the art's more imaginative.
>>
Heres a puzzle game
its free
http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/Trismegistus/downloads.htm
>>
>>181989272
You wish. Cleve is the only one left in this scene with any degree of sanity. He's just running a little behind on schedule. Any hour now it's going to release and everyone will be shown up
>>
File: sooooon.png (19KB, 635x99px) Image search: [Google]
sooooon.png
19KB, 635x99px
>>181989272
Goddamn it I was supposed to wake up to it being released. I even had snacks prepared for this shit.
>>
File: 1480462762129.png (5KB, 89x101px) Image search: [Google]
1480462762129.png
5KB, 89x101px
>>181991970
This. Cleve is really no different from other indie RPG devs like Iron Tower Studios except hes upfront and honest about it. Those developers go on about how they have created an elite RPG and bully their critics and they get away withh it even though their games are far from perfect and havent even been in development for 1/4 as long as Grimoire.
Cleve can afford to burn as many bridges as he wants to because he'll probably not release another game after this piece of perfection.

Take a close look at his detractors and youll soon realize Cleve is in the right. Sir-Tech mocked him and look where they are now, look what has become of the Jagged Alliance franchise. Then they came begging to him to make Wizardry 8! Sad isnt it! They pandered to morons and they paid the toll.
Meanwhile Cleve is still active and has many fans anticipating his uncompromised work worldwide.
>>
>>181990798
I unironically love Arx Fatalis/Morrowind-era graphics
>>
CLEVE IS ONLINE NOW.
>>
>>181993720
Its a few years earlier but those werent the best looking games on x box (one)
>>
There's no market in pandering to morons. I wouldn't want to make that kind of money.

Grimoire is an elite game that is unlike anything else up on the Steam store. I defy you to find anything like it in the thousands of games listed. I defy you to find a game like it on the planet. It's not even a Wizardry clone really - it's everything Wizardry should have been but never was.

I'm not competing with Sir-Tech any more. Amongst other reasons, they went bankrupt 17 years ago.

I'm not competing with anybody. Grimoire is the pinnacle of the peak of the summit of the incline. I could probably get 99.95 from a lot of people but I don't want to limit it just to the very elect of RPG players. I made a compromise and and priced it somewhere just under current AAA titles. The truth is there is not an AAA title you could buy nowadays that deserves to crawl up on a high chair and plant a kiss in the crack of Grimoire's ass when it comes to enjoyment, immersion and wonderful escape.

I say all this with confidence because I have been playing my game 12 hours a day for two months and I can assure you there has never been anything like it in all of recorded human history. It's the greatest thing ever to emerge from that genre. The fact is, people who enjoy that genre are considering it cheap at that price. If you are not a connoisseur of the genre then why would I amend anything in it to appeal to you? It's like saying Mozart needed more cowbell.

Trust what I am saying. Those of you who played the demo and got the scent of greatness will know the full game has achieved it. For whatever it lacks it has much more in abundance.

I was just playing Kublai Cathedral to check all the logic and was almost weeping tears of joy at how wonderfully told the story of everything is in the game. I had forgotten a lot of it and it was like reading the work of someone else.
>>
>>181993352
How does Grimoire go into development for 20 years? Why did it take so long? Is it a content thing?
>>
File: meme.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>181993954
A dude spent 10 years on a fucking domino game. If you're not always vigilant about reeling in your scope and only working on shit directly related to finishing the game, it's really easy to just fuck around for a long time.

Usually people just quit.
>>
oh fuck it, you talk big Cleve but you can't even keep a damn schedule you disabled shithead
>>
>>181994339
What game?
>>
>>181993954
About 20 years ago Sir-Tek hired him as lead programmer and creative participant for a game that would either be Wizardry VIII or a spinoff, Stones of Arnhem. The head of development was an idiot and the whole thing was terribly mismanaged. Little to no contact with the Sirteki bros was ever made and their Australian branch blew through the money and the game was scrapped long before it finished.

This experience drove Cleve to make his own game instead and incorporate all his cut ideas on monsters and magic based on aborigine mythos.
>>
>>181994279
>wipe this element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means from the face of the earth
>>
>>181994378
Bleh, 9 years, sorry.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ChristopherHaag/20130312/188293/Dominoze_PC_Postmortem_Nine_Years_One_Programmer.php
>>
>>181994627
Yup words have definitions
>>
>>181994982
living langauge
>>
>>181995032
Yup definitions change
>>
>>181994627
There are two separate and worthwhile-to-exist definitions of "meme" ya cunt
>>
>>181995563
And in the context of the game screencap that was posted, the character was referring to the definition that guy greentexted. Why said guy thought said greentext was clever when it was literally just defining a word as used in a picture, I can't say.
>>
>If this game isn't out by the time I wake up tomorrow..
>.. I will instead play it borrowing my wife's son account and not buy it.
lol

(post on Steam about Grimoire)
>>
>>181995886
Oh, I thought it was an edit. That's funny, this situation is funny.
>>
File: scared8.gif (284KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
scared8.gif
284KB, 250x244px
http://steamcommunity.com/games/650670/announcements/detail/1430306874646967361

this is a joke, right senpai?
>>
Looks like we're waiting another 23 years for Grimoire.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/650670/announcements/detail/1430306874646967361
>>
Holy shit I'm laughing so hard, I can't believe you people fell for this.
>>
>>181994627
That's literally what he's talking about in context though.
As is all the MGR meme screencaps.
>>
Grimoire dev pls...
>>
Everything Cleve writes comes off as a deviantART kiddie trying to sound witty.
>>
>>181998312
He's a mentally ill Australian man who lives off the grid in a nuclear bunker deep in the outback
>>
>>181998312
Indeed. Makes me worry about the quality of the actual game. Anyone play the demo and know if it's full of cheesy crap?
>>
>>181998640
Some of the descriptions of items are cheesy, but most of it seems to ape the style of Wizardry 7. Not that bad for the most part
>>
File: luke7.png (116KB, 210x416px) Image search: [Google]
luke7.png
116KB, 210x416px
My lack of patience with VX Ace is once again tempting me with making this game split in episodes
RPG Maker MV looks so much more attractive, but no way in hell do I want to scrap everything and start from scratch in a new engine
>>
>using a bedpan to keep up dev
okay gross but whatever

>posting about using a bedpan in your steam announcement
what the hell lol
>>
Any recommendation about games with similar gameplay or style like Oneshot?
>>
>grimoire dev has been working on a game for 20 years
>arbitrarily decides a day to release game, even though it's unfinished
>decides to implement "fixes" on the day of release
>literally eating expired beef jerky and shitting into a bedpan under his chair

>he has a wife
>>
>>181999116
He also said his eyeballs are 8 times regular size. It's possible he's joking.
>>
File: dev.jpg (58KB, 636x648px) Image search: [Google]
dev.jpg
58KB, 636x648px
>>182000339
It's possible that he's not.
>>
>>182000339
That's an obvious exaggeration (though also awkward on a more professional platform like Steam).

Mentioning a bedpan at all is kinda weird.
>>
>>182000885
And you think there's a particular way we ought to feel about that?
>>
>>182001167
Not particularly.
>>
>>181999050
Your game have a lot of scripts or something? Googling around it seems possible to convert resources and stuff over between the two.
>>
File: Stardew.png (943KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Stardew.png
943KB, 1280x720px
Well this took a turn for the weird. This game is fun.
>>
>>181999050
I want to fuck that.
>>
>>182001765 (cont)
Oh right, aside from scripts of course, which is why I mentioned it.
>>
>>182002424
True

>>182002819
True
>>
>>181999050
Its that hard to post projects over? You'd think the creators would have had that in mind with the update
>>
>>181999116
>he posts from the bathtub without telling anyone
>>
>>182000136
Even Varg and Icke have lovely wives
What's your excuse son?
>>
>>182002819
Anon that's a trap.
>>
>>182003719
It's not a trap if you're expecting it
>>
>>182003719
Oh, damn.
>>
Wait what the hell, those issue numbers don't even seem publicly available.

Did he just mash random numbers lol
>>
>>182005358
>issue #10209373739829
>10,209,373,739,829 issues
Yeah bullshit.
>>
>>182003719
>he doesn't want the boipussy
>>
>>182005428
boipussy is just man ass
>>
File: galene.gif (84KB, 112x100px) Image search: [Google]
galene.gif
84KB, 112x100px
did an animation for a boss
>>
>>182006220
I want to fuck that.
>>
>>182006220
seduction for ants
>>
>>182006220
Reminds me of Shantae
>>
File: galene2.gif (572KB, 464x354px) Image search: [Google]
galene2.gif
572KB, 464x354px
>>182006220
zoomed in ver
>>
>>182007147
I want to fuck it even more.
>>
File: erin.gif (2MB, 464x354px) Image search: [Google]
erin.gif
2MB, 464x354px
Another animation i worked on.
Mage robot getting it's magic absorbed by a device.
>>
>>181985034
The Crimson Court DLC seems to be some bullshit though, from what I saw.
>>
>>182010016
APEX
>>
>>182007672
The left leg's movements seem weird.
>>
>>181966803
This
is
CUTE
>>
>>181971670
cute
>>
>>
File: Image65-585x300.jpg (53KB, 585x300px) Image search: [Google]
Image65-585x300.jpg
53KB, 585x300px
I want to play this game
>>
File: delet Slaton.jpg (17KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
delet Slaton.jpg
17KB, 316x239px
>>182005780
delet dis
>>
File: galene boss intro.gif (3MB, 464x354px) Image search: [Google]
galene boss intro.gif
3MB, 464x354px
a boss intro animation
>>
>>182018268
My body is ready
>>
File: Galene1.png (133KB, 256x416px) Image search: [Google]
Galene1.png
133KB, 256x416px
>>182019150
better bend over then
>>
>>181999050
I want Luke to sit on my lap during a long car ride
>>
File: 1494380732951.jpg (60KB, 800x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494380732951.jpg
60KB, 800x768px
Gote is still cuter than Niko
>>
File: luke8.png (108KB, 210x416px) Image search: [Google]
luke8.png
108KB, 210x416px
>>182019882
You sure?
Lore-wise, robots are pretty heavy due to internal components, he's easily 100+kg
>>
File: sweat.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>182019534
>>
>>182020034
Maybe he can rest his head or feet instead
>>
>>182020018
Not untrue
>>
>>182020034
Like 2B being around 3 tons
>>
>>182020034
Is their hair metal or does it feel like real hair?
>>
>>182020687
The Major in the live action GitS movie looked like she weighed about 3 tons too
>>
>>182020837
synthetic hair, so yeah, it feels real in-universe.
>>
>>182021179
the live action gits movie was fucking awful, so
>>
>>182020018
mimiga>gote
curly>mimiga
>>
so when grimoire's coming out and what do you expect reviews to be
>>
File: z.png (49KB, 360x81px) Image search: [Google]
z.png
49KB, 360x81px
tfw
>>
>>182026280
probably in a few months

reviews will be around 7/10 or 8/10 - needlessly convoluted and feature-bloated, but with lots of gameplay variety and interesting locations to explore
>>
>>182026414
>few months
>7-8/10
>implying it won't be hiveswap: mighty no. 10
>>
>>182026361
Hahahah what the fuck happened?
>>
>>182026414
The critics don't even play games. They'll give it a automatic 9/10 like Yooka laylee they have no framE of reference
>>
>>182030427
They'll probably relate it to Legend of Grimrock, because that's the only dungeon crawler most """professional""" journalists have played
>>
>>182030494
>professional
Lol.

People in /civ4x/g were bitching at Paradox for inflating their price just before a sale (which is illegal in Europe), but video games journalist also need to be hanged and crucified.
>>
>>182030494
>real time
>convoluted attack system
Fastest I ever dropped a game
>>
>>182031470
t. underage who never played Dungeon Master
>>
dagger or twin sword?
>>
>>182032205
Daggers.

Twin swords are for Mary-Sue like Drizzt.
>>
Damnit you guys knew Grimoire would be vaporware didn't you
>>
>>182032523
It is? Oh god, it's hilarious.
>>
>>182032397
not the thread i meant to post in but thanks
>>
>>182032612
Unless you were talking of Monster Hunter or Dark Souls where range is really important, daggers are usually a good choice.
You're meant to sneak, though. A guy with a spear can wreck your shit, depending from the game.
>>
>>182032676
dfo
>>
>>182032523
>Guy has history delaying and lying about release dates for nearly two decades
>"This is it guys, these naysayers don't know what they're talking about!"
>>
>>182032817
Qué?
>>
>tfw the Sunbeam gets blasted out of the sky for trying to save you

I wonder if there is a way to haul ass and resolve the issue before the Sunbeam arrives, assuming the ending to Subnautica is even in the game at the moment.
>>
Another day, another comfy routine in spaceport janitor.
>>
>>182034334
I don't think you can.

Sadly.
>>
>>182032523
is hiveswap a sequel to grimoire and mighty no.9
>>
>>182034334
Not implemented yet, like the rocket. Even then, I don't think they're planning on letting you save it
>>
>>182036729
They finished Undertail just fine...
>>
>>182037142 (cont)
Sorry, stupid comment. Just disregard it please.
>>
>>181993352
Wait, that guy was clive?
>>
File: 1326006343132.gif (203KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1326006343132.gif
203KB, 420x236px
>mfw leveled up my luck stat so much I now get REAL food that doesn't make me puke and even alien currency in the lottery
I love spaceport janitor so much. Only a matter of time I drop a gold coin again and not burn it or even a weapon that sells for 10k port currency.
>>
>>182038037
I miss luck being relevant.
>>
>>182038334
I am more annoyed at games having a luck stat but not explaining where it goes into calculations to what extend.
>>
>>182038640
I remember my first Fallout run, I put all my points in Luck, and it had some hilarious results.

I don't even know if luck does anything in New Vegas, besides raising your critical chance and casino stuff.
>>
>>182038703
I en all luck for my first playthrough of Valdis Story which greatly increases item drops from enemies. The game is also nice about it by raising str and def with luck every 2nd level.
>>
>>182038838
Valdis Story... Valdis Story?
Isn't that the jap game that's extremely brutal?
If I had Steam on that computer, I could check it.

I could also play Subnautica and Don't Starve instead of just hanging around and looking at butts.
>>
>>182038934
Steam can be browsed in your browser you know.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/252030/Valdis_Story_Abyssal_City/
And no it is not japanese. It is from a kickstarter and received a lot of content updates beyond the backing.
>>
>>182039318
Yeah, it's that game.

Pretty rage inducing, because bosses have a lot of HP, kill you easily, and it's all about memorizing and perfectly the pattern.
>>
>>182039521
Yes I love it. Reminds me of those character action games like viewtiful joe. It's satisfying to me to figure out the patterns and develop strategies.
Fuck the poison boss though.
>>
File: tegaki.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>182039779
I think I ragequitted after that one. The boss that has an area like that?
>>
Grimoire soon, friends!

Soon...

Soon... ... ...
>>
>>182039318
>>182039521
Wait is Vladis Story actually good? The first hour or so was real boring / generic feeling, so I dropped it.
>>
>>182039987
I found it too hardcore for me and I hated it.
>>
>>182040086
That just makes me want to play it more. How are you defining "hardcore" though? There's a cutoff where that turns from ball stomping difficulty but still fun... to just a repetitive slog walking back to where you died 100x every area.
>>
>>182040218
Imagine Dark Souls' level of pattern memorizing.

And then remove all the cheesing options : no magic, no ranged, no phantom party, no chugging estus.
>>
>>182039880
Yeah, fuck that one.
>>
>>182039880
Yep that one but the sides were a little higher than the middle I think.
>>182039987
Yes it is really good. Combines 'metroidvania' exploring with curazy combat quite well and offers a good build variety.
>>
>>182039934
ETA: Somewhere this decade. :^)
>>
File: 420530_20170702135851_1.png (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
420530_20170702135851_1.png
58KB, 640x480px
>>182040301
>every game is like dark souls
>>
File: sr.gif (2MB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
sr.gif
2MB, 560x315px
>>182041052
>>
>>182041658
When did they slime rancher get rainbow crystal slimes?
>>
>http://store.steampowered.com/app/650670/Grimoire__Heralds_of_the_Winged_Exemplar/
>not release
Elle Emme Am haut
>>
>>182044341
Dude

It's never going to release, I bet there is not even a game, Cleve is just lying to you.

Watch, he's gonna set up a crowdfunding campaign next week, wanna bet?
>>
>>182041658
Slime Rancher has the cutest slimes.
A shame the game is so shallow.
>>
>>182044493
it's hivescam all again
>>
lol Grimoire dev is shitposting on the Steam forums
>>
>>182045850
I wonder if his name will become as infamous as Chucklefuck.
>>
>>182045850
sauce?
>>
>>182047087
Steam forums, duh.

Retard.
>>
>>182047186
Literally no current active thread with him in.
>>
>>182045850
Yeah, I checked that. It's really sad : he seems to really believe his own crap.
>>
>>182046768
They actually released their game though.
>>
>>182047694
But they still have a most unpleasant attitude, and their game failed to deliver what it promised.

Besides, I don't answer ignorant, obnoxious questions.
>>
>>182031519
You used it wrong.
I only play good games. Real time is dogshit
>>
>>182038703
>>182038640
This is worse
>Contrary to Agility's description in-game, and what theFallout: New Vegas Official Game Guidestates, Agilitydoes notaffect run speed. This can easily be proven in-game with a stopwatch
>>
>>182048265
Damn. I really love New Vegas but shit like that pisses me off. It takes five seconds to fix descriptions ingame.
>>
>>182047087
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003430316/posthistory/
Are we looking at different things?
>>
Oh, though I was thinking of "now" as any time after Grimoire missed the release and said he was poopsocking to release ASAP
>>
>>182048975
that link is dead
>>
>>182050241
How about this? Find [developer] and look at his post history...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1457328392107590255/
>>
>>182050441
>I just got to the part with the Apocalypse Helmet], holy UI stuff is kinda bugging me though.
>the game is not out
seems legit

Also this is seriously hiveswap's long lost sibling, except the dev is still around and price tag is higher
>>
File: 20170708171548_1.jpg (452KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170708171548_1.jpg
452KB, 1920x1080px
I think it looks pretty good even though I don't have the furniture catalog yet
>>
>>181836618
Lol yeah it was completely broken
>>
>>182052048
Looks comfy. I like the skeleton and bunny plush.
>>
>Complete [Grimoire] has been in circulation since 2005 and has been played for hundreds of hours by testers all over the world including the most dedicated, Mondblut on the Codex. The game has come so far since the version Mondblut was working off he probably won't recognize it.
what the fuck is his deal
who the fuck doesn't release a complete game for over twelve years
>>
sd
>>
File: last.png (595KB, 1505x666px) Image search: [Google]
last.png
595KB, 1505x666px
Jesus CHRIST that was close.
>>
>>182059683
I'm tired of bumping this thread.
If we don't have anything more to say, let's die.
>>
>>182059768
The thread is honestly faster than normal right now. It is just that page 10 really snuck up this time.
>>
>>182059975
I normally participate a whole lot more, but I've already shitposted enough about Grimoire on /v/
>>
>>182060398
Yeah, that's pretty draining. But it really makes me want to play some Might and Magic.
>>
File: 1469904615416.png (188KB, 941x434px) Image search: [Google]
1469904615416.png
188KB, 941x434px
>think about playing Necrodancer again
>monk all-zone mode
>Aria in general
I think I hate myself for getting ready to put up with this.
>>
What's your favorite Off track, /indie/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM0vWyU72eg
>>
>>182062280
The battle theme.
>>
>>182062280
Pepper Steak.
>>
I've been playing Cook, Serve Delicious and it's a nice semi-intensive game for keeping my fingers busy while listening to podcasts.

Opinions of legend of Grimrock?
>>
File: file.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
help
>>
>>182063118
>Opinions of legend of Grimrock?
probably better than grimoire
>>
>>182062280
A Series of Hiccups
>>
>>182062280
Morning Dew and however the hell you spell Enoch's theme.
>>
>>182064429
Wait, fuck, I confused the rain themes. I thought that was OFF's.

I like Soft Breeze a lot.
>>
File: 1487528978986.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487528978986.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>182063485
dont you dare meme me anonymous
>>
>>182065007
>grimoire
>20 years in dev
>indiego campaign promised release in may 2013
>still not out
>"it's just a last-second bug fixing, i s-swear!"
>>
>>182065152
I'm asking about grimrock
>>
>setting up a unity starter game to play on pad
It's always the same tricks and it is always awful because I forget by the time i play the next.
>>
File: Screenshot_165.png (2MB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_165.png
2MB, 1365x767px
I wanted to fuck the witch, I don't wanna be a gay viking!

To be honest, I would have hugged him if it was a platonic action. Why did they have to take a hug between bros and make it weird?

>>182020034
>tfw Eva will never ride you cowgirl style and destroy your pelvis

>>182038934

Valdis Story is western, it's a 2D metroidvania kind of game where you're caught in a war between angels and demons.
>>
>>182030364
I don't want to talk about it.

AI Director sent a horde of squirrels at me before Septober
>>
File: Edgy Buddy.jpg (579KB, 1620x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Edgy Buddy.jpg
579KB, 1620x2048px
>>182066253

Also, what are the highest skill checks in this game? The hardest one's I've found were hard-rated skill checks, which seem to need level 9 of the relevant stat. Are there any "very hard" checks that need 10 of the stat? I might restart and just go 1-1-9-9-9 to minmax.
>>
File: 1499252857158.jpg (353KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1499252857158.jpg
353KB, 2048x1152px
>>182065007
Fuck off Aqua.

>>182066579
Oh noooo, squirrel.
I lost to a timber wolf.
>>
>>182020034
Only if you think robotiks will never develop from where we are now. It is very common that first generation technology is heavy and clunky but will always get lighter, smaller and more efficient if developed further.
A good example is the first computing machines which needed several rooms compared to the modern smartphoes we have now.
>>
File: 365850_20170708214652_1.png (1009KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
365850_20170708214652_1.png
1009KB, 1280x960px
Starchasers first world already got me a little dizzy with the ability to walk o floors and ceilings.
>>
>>182068421
I think I remember seeing this game show up on Steam when it first released and then it vanished because no one really cared about it.

Some sort of game with a weird gravity effect, right?
>>
>>182068421
Oh, a Touhou fangame.

>>182068628
So like Prey and Alien Versus Predator?
>>
>>182068762
What, the gravity effect or the "no one really cared about it" part?
>>
>>182068628
It's a playism title so it always was destinied to be niche. It's a bit rough but charming and fun.
>>
>>182068848
The gravity effect.

>>182069021
[Touhou intensifies]
>>
Now this is advanced beard tech.
>>
>>182069106
This has males and is so far not very bullethell.
>>
File: agonycovers.jpg (150KB, 639x689px) Image search: [Google]
agonycovers.jpg
150KB, 639x689px
Anyone hyped for Agony?
>>
>>182071025
Might be cool. Keeping an eye on it.
>>
>>182071025
I hope it has good gameplay but if not it'll make an entertaining hour/hours on youtube once a good commentary-less run is uploaded.
>>
>>182071025
I was very excited at first, but the demo I saw makes it look like a linear walking simulator, even worse than Amnesia.

The art still look interesting.
>>
http://twocredits.co/columns/grimoire-heralds-winged-exemplars-latest-delay-one-decades-worth-broken-promises/
clock is ticking, clive
>>
>>182071025
Looks like a ripoff grimore.
>>
why is /indie/ meming about grimwah
>>
What's happening with CLASSIC GAME?
>>
>>182076497
Reverse psychological advertising.
>>
>>182076942
Are people here actually stupid enough to believe it's going to be released?
>>
>>182077197
I don't think IQ is ot an issue since no one gives a shit really.
>>
>>182076497
I think some people just find the whole thing really amusing.

Also free bumps.
>>
>>182076497
Everyone's meming because of how long the development has been and because the dev is fucking insane and thinks that he's a Neanderthal.
>>
File: free.jpg (7KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
free.jpg
7KB, 170x170px
>>182077998
>FREE
>bumps
>>
>>182071025
It just doesn't look that scary or disturbing. I mean, come on, it's hell. At least try to make it uncomfortable. Instead we get muh fire, muh demons, muh suffering. Meh.
>dante did it better 700 years ago
>>
There's a universe where Griomire got released 4 years ago
>>
dont die
i actually like you guys
>>
>>182079787
>It just doesn't look that scary or disturbing.
If nothing in Agony looks "scary or disturbing" then everything described in Inferno is fucking babycakes playtime by comparison.
>>
>>182082269
We'll be fine. This is our decrepit boat and we'll keep it floating along like we always do.
>>
>>182082347
Dante is way creepier when it isn't just flat out being funny.
>Windass the Demon
>>
>>182082269
/indie/ hasn't died for like 2 years. This ship won't sink.
>>
>>182083626
>famous last words
>>
In Stardew Valley, does the fishing spot matter? I know there are freshwater spots and ocean spots, but does it go beyond that?
>>
>>182084746
We've been saying as much for a while, really.
>>
>>182085367
There is ocean, river, and lake. Almost all fish comes from those three areas and the weather and/or session determines the rest.

In addition, there are a few very specific spots to catch very specific fish.
>>
>>182085367
Yeah, it does. Different areas will have different fish. The mountain lake, lake below your farm, and different parts of the river will have different fish depending on the map you're in, the time of day, and the season.
>>
>>182085367
and there's the bubbling spots. Biting rate is increased if you fish at or near a bubbling spot.
>>
>>182085548
>few very specific spots to catch very specific fish.
Where at my dude? Also how can I get energy efficiently? I've been fishing but I kinda want to sell those.
>>
>>182085702
>can I get energy efficiently?
berries from bushes when they come in season. Very efficient and free, but you will hate yourself after consuming your 20th berry on the same day.
>>
>>182063118
csd 2 soon
>>
>>182082269
/indie/ has survived for 400 threads, why shouldn't it survive for 400 more?
>>
File: SZ_08_07_2017_First_Frame.png (85KB, 544x416px) Image search: [Google]
SZ_08_07_2017_First_Frame.png
85KB, 544x416px
I did a cutscene today.

https://youtu.be/U18MoNB1CII
>>
>>182087949
I want to play this.
r-ripsnoter?
>>
>>182088332
aussie slang.
>>
>>181944943
you can also do this is LISA: the joyful in Terry's town
>>
>>182062280
Also the battle theme
>>
>>182063118
Grimrock 2 fixes literraly all my griped with 1. Grimrock 1 just filled the void of many years with no decent first person crawler.
>>
>>182089265
*all my gripes
>>
>>182089265
How good if Grimrock 2 compared to the first one?

Please tell me it doesn't have spiders.
>>
>>182089370
There are loadsa spiders. Maybe look for a no-spider mod if they bug you too much lol
>>
File: ___Happy spider.jpg (510KB, 1500x917px) Image search: [Google]
___Happy spider.jpg
510KB, 1500x917px
>>182089949
Well, that might br my chance to fix my arachnophobia for good, but-
>if they bug you
Oh ho ho ho, you... They're not insects though.
>>
>>182089265
Not a fan of Etrian Odyssey?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1495x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1495x1079px
Irene is a cute
>>
>>182091460
Who from what?
>>
>>182078065
Self-Kevorkian you sape.
>>
>>182090554
Sorry, I just don't know of a genre name if it even exists.

"Eye of the Beholder-like"
>>
>>182092986
They're called mystery dungeon likes AKA roguelits
>>
>>182094529
no no no no no
>>
File: Serval-chan ring of fire.jpg (61KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Serval-chan ring of fire.jpg
61KB, 1000x1000px
>>182094529
>rogue lits
>>
>>182091460
Forget Me Not: My Organic Garden.

You grow organs from organ trees and you sell them to people.
>>
>>182094529
Mystery Dungeon is straight-up Roguelike.
>>
File: honey_dog.webm (967KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
honey_dog.webm
967KB, 360x360px
>>182095262
meant for >>182092038
>>
thoughts on Dead Cells?
>>
>>182095569
It needs i-frames desperately but every time someone brings it up on the community hub, a million people shoot down the idea for being too casual. If there's a big group of enemies and you get hit once, expect to die because the other 20 will hit you while you're recovering.

Certain playstyles are also unbalanced as hell. There's almost no reason to use a shield over a bow; having range is just way too good. There's no reason to use skills like the trap or the meatgrinder or fire grenades because flashbangs and freeze grenades are strictly better. Certain swords are just worthless when they get outmatched in almost all cases by the twin daggers and the rapier. Why would you ever use the blood sword that does minimal damage over time rather than massive burst damage? Similarly, the oil sword forces you to use two shitty weapons, the sword itself and the low-damage fire grenades just so it can deal average damage. There are also these random stat powerups found in the levels. Health is by far the most important and you'll be taking that most of the time because of the aforementioned lack of i-frames, and the damage increase is also slightly useful but much less so. The improvement to your grenades is basically worthless and you should never take it. Finally, for some reason time gated level-skips exist, but there's pretty much no purpose to them because you're much more likely to win if you explore every level fully for the health and damage powerups.

It's mechanically super solid but I know they're never going to fix these issues. For a game with a million choices, hardly any of them are viable. If I were to play again from the start, there are only a few weapons I would unlock so that I could use them for every single run.
>>
File: 1497661609182.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1497661609182.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>mfw got into Top 5 of the Nuclear Throne daily
>>
>>182095262
>simulation, visual novel, clicker
That is a weird tag combination.
>>
>>182096959
How many people still play the dailies?
>>
>>182097702
According to the last few days it's been around 1,400+ people
>>
>>182095569
>enemy animations go through walls and damage you
Its literally Dark Souls
>>
>>182098036
>recently lost health can be regained by attacking enemies
Its literally Bloodborne
>>
>>182098014
That is pretty good. Warrants actually releasing another update.
>>
>>182096538
I disagree with you on most of your points. I-frames would be nice, but aren't really necessary. If you plan your approach correctly, you shouldn't be getting overwhelmed.
Shields do suck, but the devs are planning on overhauling them at some point. Fire is very powerful with weapons that bonus damage on burning targets. Oil + fire also allows you to kill most things without having to put yourself in danger.
I honestly don't understand how you think that Skills upgrades are worthless. They level up the damage of your skills immensely. Health is the least important stat for me.
>>
>>182098492
I wouldn't get your hopes up but https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/881953375230754816
>>
>>182098782
>more PS Vita fixing
Fucking piece of shit system always giving additional trouble.
>>
So Grimwah is never coming out.
>>
>>182101191
Give it another five or so years.
>>
>>182101191
Soon. Cleve just needs to fix a few more thousand microbugs.
>>
>>182101191
We always will have Classic Game.
>>
>>182101883
What is Classic Game?
>>
>>182101191
>being too sape to realize that would be fraud
>>
>>182101750
He's gonna have to step it up to clear up the remaining of the 10,209,373,739,829 issues.
>>
>>182102417
>he never played Classic Game
>>
>>182103921
Tell me what is it and I'll play it.
>>
>>182104012
RPG, incomplete
>>
>>182104905
I need a link.
>>
>>182105262
Our local letsplayer that posts videos sometimes had a download link to it in the video description. Good luck finding a download of it by googling classic game otherwise.
>>
>>182105420
Mh, I see, thanks.
>>
>>182105262
https://www.reddit.com/r/classicgame/
>>
>>182105420
Had a laugh at how ungoogleable it was. Luckily I knew it was in RPG maker, which made finding a link trivial.

Recluse's (the dude from /indie/) let's play is at the top of the subreddit too...
>>
>>182105549
Wait it doesn't say "demo" any more. Is this the full release?
>>
>>182105613
It's up there with I/O in terms of unsearchability.
>>
>>182105549
>420 MB
hee hee
>>
>>182105549
Thanks.
>>
File: 63079590_p12.png (295KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
63079590_p12.png
295KB, 800x850px
>>
>>182109024
heh thought that was wojak for a bit...
>>
File: 1452620281108.png (130KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1452620281108.png
130KB, 500x461px
>>182110069
>tfw your son is wojak
>>
>>182101191
It shouldnt be a surprise. There is zero footage of any recent build. Cleve is a schizo so the but about coming across old writing that brought him to tears and felt like it was written by a different person is some delusional episode. If Grimoire ever releases it will be the TempleOS of dungeon crawlers
>>
Does anyone have a save of Joyful Arkantos right before the part Arkantos content actually begins? Tried to get to it from the start but I keep falling down holes or losing easy fights forgetting that I haven't touched a crow in 30 'minutes
>>
>>182113090
>the but
Huh?
>>
>>182113519
the bit
>>
>Grimoire dev using a bedpan/poopsock so he can dev nonstop
>somehow he has time to shitpost
???
>>
File: the void.jpg (173KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
the void.jpg
173KB, 640x905px
Who wants to talk about this game and help me I keep dying there's no color anywhere
>>
>>182116560
Do not fear death. There is no death in the void.
>>
>10
anyone know what things i should be upgrading in my stronghold in pillars of eternity? i just got it and so far i have bought the place that lets me rest. what are some good things to upgrade here?
i dont mind if they are not great functional upgrades, like adding real npcs or repairing buildings to make them look better would be nice too.
>>
>>181854925
this is that business RPG, right? that was some good stuff. klunky as fuck but good
>>
So I finally got to the alien thermal plant in Subnautica

>"You have to go deeper"

Geez, not much deeper I -can- go. The upshot is that I now have blueprints for I think everything but the nuclear reactor.
>>
>>182121818
nope, that's OFF
the RPG you're thinking of is called suits
>>
>>182121885
how is that game compared to other open world/survival stuff? i see its still in early access; is there a lot of content?
>>
>>182123842
it's pretty good exploration
underwater is very pretty and places all look fairly different
i feel like it's maybe a little short on creature types, but I'm not all that far in so we'll see i guess

As survival goes, it's kind of whatever. Food and water matter at first but only mildly and only for a little while. As a thalassophobia induction simulator goes, though, it's great.
>>
Question regarding Rimworld Mods

Anyone know if there is a 'Lite' version of dismars Vegetable Garden? I like a lot of the additions it has like Red Lentins and Mushrooms, and the fruits and new trees. But, there's just way too much shit and I really want a more streamlined mod that just adds a nice spread of new Farming and Food content instead of a huge amount.
>>
>>182124274
ahh. ill probably wait till full release to give it a shot. looks neat though.
>>
I want to marry Jill!
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisakis

I DON'T WANT TO PLAY SUBNAUTICA ANYMORE
>>
File: 1498584770926.png (32KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498584770926.png
32KB, 450x600px
Made a picture of Vous, the protagonist of Central Station. Don't know what he actually looks like, just know that he's depicted as a blue stick figure. Thought I would share it.
>>
>>182128070
The sea has some spoopy stuff. There's a parasite that eat your tongue off and settle in your mouth.

You can't feel it because it numbs you, but it's still horrible.
>>
>>182104905
Funny you mention that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4LGz8Juuoo

Also HORSES has an itch.io now. He got one right after our buddy Harney-Barrow did for his game, RADIOQUEST.

https://iamqqqqqqq.itch.io/

That's HORSE'S MUSIC-DOGS, alternatively known as iamqqqqqqq's itch.io. He's got two of his games up there - CLASSIC GAME and Mr. Krasnoludek, Teach Me Your Magic Spells.

https://harney-barrow.itch.io/

That's our buddy Harney-Barrow's itch.io. He's got RADIOQUEST up there and is working on his second game at the moment.

Super Spooks/Robinlad, HORSES' girlfriend, doesn't make games but she does have a Youtube channel where she does art videos, cat videos, and occasional bits of Let's Play content. HORSES has also gotten into making gaming content, though he largely does PS4 longplay content and occasionally some Roblox or Minecraft videos.

I'm glad to be their friend, even if we're so far apart.
>>
File: 1494669223840.png (139KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494669223840.png
139KB, 480x800px
I like how HORSES made me his rival in a Pokemon game he was playing.
>>
>>182130495
It's going on the fridge.
>>
>>182132183
Thank you. I appreciate it.
>>
But what about Grimoire though?
>>
>>182135235
That game is never coming out. The developer is a pathological liar.
>>
>>182130997
Huh. Interesting.
>>
>>182130997
So you seem like you'd know... is CLASSIC GAME finished or not

I can't tell from looking at that subreddit
>>
>>182121818
I loved how much of the world was drawn by hand and then scanned into rpgmaker but then you have zero walking behind walls and stuff which makes it clunky to navigate at some points.
>>
>>182116560
I bought it during the sale and have it installed so I will play it soon eventually.
>>
File: gondola.jpg (8KB, 240x207px) Image search: [Google]
gondola.jpg
8KB, 240x207px
>>182130997
>https://harney-barrow.itch.io/
>playing as Gondola
lol what
>>
Not yet
>>
>we might hit bump limit in three days this time
>>
File: 436500_20170709150421_1.jpg (225KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
436500_20170709150421_1.jpg
225KB, 1920x1080px
>>182140656
I sure reached my hitlimit talking to this guy.
>detected possible malicious code in the image file
>new captcha norton arage
wtf 4chan
>>
>>182142250
You ignored me yesterday when I asked if the game somehow lessens the blow of "dull grind caused by endlessly filling up a """""hunger bar""""""!
>>
>>182142325
Dunno mate I am just walking around and incarnating trash.
>>
>>182142872
I wish I was talking to a gamedev and not you! Game looks cute though so maybe I'll try it out anyhow...
>>
>move ships through UE space because there's cravers on the other side that need a bug hunt
>zelevas asks if i want my ships rated from 1 to 10
fun guy
overvalues resources, but fun
>>
Woah, what's this?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/525380/Demon_Peak/

Anyone played it?
>>
>tfw momodora rutm is the peak of castletroid indie games
>>
>>182146387
no
>>
>>182142325
Gotta eat to live
>>
>>182147134
Not even in that game. You only need to eat to sleep.
>>
You gotta live to eat.
>>
File: who left the door open.jpg (918KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
who left the door open.jpg
918KB, 3840x2160px
So I got into Rimworld a while back and finally decided to give the Cthulhu mods a crack, along with some additional stuff to spice things up (mostly Real Fog of War and Old Gods music pack + vanilla music disabler, plus Enlighten to make the realistic dark nights affect the pawns too).

It's really cool how spooky you can turn the game with all this. The real fog of war especially helps a lot, with stuff like seeing a glimpse of a giant spider killing a wild animal at the edge of your vision when a pawn is working outside during the day (or just hearing wild animals dying outside the visible area in general), or getting a report that some otherworldly terror is stalking your colonists in the middle of the night and having no idea what's coming, only a vague direction of where they're coming from. Good stuff.
>>
Can someone explain in very simple terms what the fuck the whole save compatibility and Cleve noticing he commented it out means? He already solved the issue once but then removed it? I don't understand.
>>
File: 1427653475257.jpg (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1427653475257.jpg
56KB, 250x250px
>>182149417
Even in death I shall consume.
>>
>>182149604
What the fuck.
>>
>>182149604
Sounds (and looks) atmospherically similar to Darkwood.
>>
>>182124663
Not that I know of but I feel ya.
>>
>>182142250
What game is this?
>>
File: Diaries of a Spaceport janitor.jpg (110KB, 1200x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Diaries of a Spaceport janitor.jpg
110KB, 1200x1049px
>>182151359
Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor
>>
>>182151872
thanks, just bought it
>>
>>182152312
Enjoy your daily routine of a deadend job.
>>
>>182147134
STREET RAT
>>
>/v/ mods are deleting subnautica threads
they'd only been around for like a week this time what the fuck
>>
>>182154005
You just reminded me that now that my computer is back online, I can dive in the depth of the sea to get a battery charger and get more food.

Yaay.
>>
>>182154005
>going to /v/ at all
Get lost
>>
No one will remember if the game is late, only if it's great.
>>
Rise with me rise with me rise up
>>
>>182149604
I thought that the Cthulhu mod just added worshipping? It adds monsters too?

And what's that mod that allows you to see what your pawns are doing?
>>
>>182161487
The Cthulhu mods are an entire collection:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=829619412

Cosmic Horrors adds monster, Arachnophobia adds giant spiders, Lovecraft storyteller brings in bad omens and shit, cults and faction and items have their separate mods. I can generally recommend all of them, including whatever flavors of realistic darkness and increased forest density from the list there (I'm basically running the really dark version plus the base forest).

On top of that I recommend the following:
- Real Fog of War (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=836245605) really amps up the oppression/terror factor.
- Old Gods Music Pack (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=963353870) to replace the normally pretty upbeat soundtrack with some moody and oppressing tones. Pair with Disable Vanilla Music (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=964055320) for maximum effect.
- Enlighten (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=754773948) to make the darkness more bearing on your pawns too.

Anyway, that's my recommendations for the maximum spooky experience. Feel free to pair as much other mods with it as you want, I have something like 150+ mods active myself.

And the top right info window you're asking about is Moody (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=826998327), one of the many UI/quality of life mods I'm running.
>>
Started Hollow Knight last night and it's blowing me away so far. I'm such a goddamn sucker for a good soundtrack.

Fuck those giant Havel-looking miniboss fuckers, though, they're harder than the goddamn bosses.
>>
>>182162451
They're really fucking easy though. Just hit once, step back, repeat.
>>
>>182156015
No one will remember an unreleased game either :^)
>>
File: 1470110350844.png (119KB, 1323x611px) Image search: [Google]
1470110350844.png
119KB, 1323x611px
>>182136849
According to the video I shared in >>182130997
that would likely seem to be the case.
>>182137506
Would you happen to be the Gondola that added me on Steam? If that's the case fancy seeing you here. Hope you're doing well regardless of whether or not it is you.
>>182165513
You would think that but Crimmy Bingus and the Scrungy Springus, Murder Dog NES and other assorted games that no one outside of the recorders of such have been able to play are things which exist. Sometimes the developers like to create an artificial scarcity as to make the game more valuable, regardless of whether or not they profit on the distribution of said game. Hence why some games are seen but never played, though that sometimes ends up resulting in nonsense like Sad Satan, the clone of which being what a lot of anons played and the remake being what is safe to play, but the original never getting an actual release due to the developer being the one recording it but not properly distributing it.
>>
File: 1483257840985.jpg (169KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483257840985.jpg
169KB, 1280x720px
Also I made a new overlay that I want to use when I play games that can't display 1280x720 as a windowed resolution and tested it with a game produced in Ludum Dare 33 known as Hitogotchi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhQSyWqg6ms

I am probably going to be playing a lot more games in the coming days due to me bringing back a series from my previous channel and re-branding it. If you have any suggestions feel free to offer them, though whether or not I take them depends on the availability of that game to me.
I am unable to work due to developmental, neurological and psychological health problems, at least at this time, so I live on less than $900 a month, which after bills comes down to between $50 to $80 a week, most of which is spent on groceries due to my living in a state where cost of living is rather high. I would work if I could, largely because I don't like receiving things I didn't earn because I feel I don't deserve generosity, but I can't right now.
>>
File: ___HUH.jpg (148KB, 596x364px) Image search: [Google]
___HUH.jpg
148KB, 596x364px
>>182162428
>Arachnophobia adds giant spiders
Oh god almighty have mercy on us.

Thanks for Moody, I definitely need that one. The others are... I dunno, I'm already getting my ass kicked by the vanilla Rimworld, adding more stuff will make it even worse.
>>
>>182167895
Wait, Kumo is arachnophobic?
>>
File: 1490733028144.jpg (315KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490733028144.jpg
315KB, 600x600px
http://www.dlsite.com/home/announce/=/product_id/RJ202337/
Kemono Fighter demo is out.
>>
>>182168617
>http://www.dlsite.com/home/announce/=/product_id/RJ202337/
cute
>>
>>181893897
You can actually get a date on the first year, but it's extremely hard and requires luck.
>>
Guys, I have a question.
>survival game where you have a limited amount of iron but can melt it and recycle it to repair or make new tools, but only at specific places and it takes a while
>the more you progress, the more ressources you get, allowing you to have more tools and thus have longer expeditions before they break and you need to return home
Would that make an interest concept for a survival game?

I have no intention of making a game, I'm just brainstorming by myself on how to make a survival game that isn't "ooh boy I'm hungry, better start looking for food" and filling bars.
>>
>>182085702
The secret woods is the only place you can find woodskip other than buying one off the traveling cart. Desert oasis is where you get the sandfish. Ghostfish is found only fishing on the levels of the mines that have underground lakes. Mutant carp is found in sewers. And there's specific spots for each of the legendary fish.

For energy, salmon berries in the spring and blackberries in the fall are a good way to get energy though it does waste time clicking on eating a bunch of those fuckers. Year 1 though you take what you can get. Common mushrooms are also pretty good if you picked the mushroom cave instead of the fruit one. After you get a kitchen though you can cook meals and replenish half your energy with a single edible, and if you eat something that gives skill bonuses you also improve your haul.
>>
>>181905389
>indie
>existing
>>
>>182172594
>I have no intention of making a game
>>
>>182173210
I was just curious to know if it would be annoying.
>>
>>182173318
who cares
>>
File: ohayou.png (190KB, 781x443px) Image search: [Google]
ohayou.png
190KB, 781x443px
>"ohayou otousan" is translated as "had a good sleep, father?"

I guess?
>>
>>182174107
What does it matter? Meaningless filler dialogue like this can be changed as long as the meaning is more or less the same, and remains just as unimportant in its meaningless filler dialogue-ness.
>>
>>182174441
I found it weird since the rest of the game is translated very stiffly but you're probably right.
>>
>>182174441
It changes how your daughter considers you. It's fairly relevant.

Through "otousan" is apparently very polite, I never called my parents like that.
>>
>>182167058
this channel speaks to me ;_;
Good luck in everything anon, I like how you start your videos, wish I could help you in any way but I can't even help myself.
maybe you should go the extra mile and try to become neet BobRoss
>>
>>182174107
I saw a big complaining thread about the translations. People were ok to accept and wait for the first one but by now they should have gotten their shit together with proper english speakers.
>>
>>182174721
Sounds like a typical case of
>oh shit oh shit deadline tonight, hey bro help me out with this crap and we'll split
>>
File: big butts.png (173KB, 750x397px) Image search: [Google]
big butts.png
173KB, 750x397px
>>
File: 1324667259865.png (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1324667259865.png
16KB, 300x300px
>>182176878
>>
>tfw want a shirt like madotsuki has but there's only shit redbubble shirts
>>
>>182178760
A shirt doesn't have the arms covered.
>>
>>182178850
Long-sleeve shirts do

But you're right it's probably a sweater
>>
I stumbled on this thing while looking for some obscure adventure game to play. I don't know how the game is, but this title is 11/10, they have my attention.

Of course Europe does not deserve such greatness. Kult: The Temple of Flying Saucers just doesn't have the same appeal.
>>
>>182182961
>infogrames
Holy fuck that was so long ago.
>>
>>182183079
Kind of unrelated, but I miss the rainbow colored logos of yore. Commodore, Infogrames, Ubisoft, Apple, etc. Nothing made you think "computers!" like fucking rainbows.
>>
>>182183834
Colors are too childish and triggering for teenagers so now everything has to be sleak and boring.
>>
will it be good?
>>
>>182185306
BattleTech is looking good
>>
>>182172594
Buying it off Early Access right this second
>>
>>182185658
Earliest access?
>>
>>182165513
https://www.unseen64.net/
>>
>>182185658
So you think that this mechanism won't be annoying? I fear that it'll trigger too many travel.

Maybe you can add checkpoints or something...
>>
>>182185919
checkpoints or stashes along the way would work, but that really depends on if the act of traveling itself is any fun and doesnt get stale. imo, the accomplishment in a survival game shouldnt only be the act of surviving itself and getting X better gear, but also the experiences surviving so long grants you. I drop most survival games for this reason.
>>
File: wilford brimley.jpg (32KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
wilford brimley.jpg
32KB, 540x405px
GAHDAMOOT!
>>
>>182154005
Why would they do that?
>>
>>182186252
I'm brainstorming because most survival are just "take an adventure game and add bars that slowly get empty", so I'm trying to think of a way to really limit your progress and give the player that feeling he's progressing while rewarding versatility.
>>
File: 1482575195343.gif (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482575195343.gif
2MB, 1280x720px
>>182175773
Thank you very much for the kind words and support. I appreciate it. I'm also very glad that you find some enjoyment out of my channel and my content. I have considered doing more artistic and creative things in order to bolster my portfolio, be they graphic design, music production, or game development, and have begun work on the first two at least. I did make a kinetic novel back when I went under the moniker Deinarious, but that was in 2009 and I regrettably have not tried to make something better since then. I'm very nervous about that kind of thing, game development. It was my dream as a child to be a game developer and to work at Game Freak but having failed to even become more than 5% fluent in Japanese - while teaching myself no less - over the span of a decade I got despondent and gave up on that. I'd like to take up game development again though and make something you guys might really enjoy. Again, thank you for the support.
>>
>>182176878
Absolutely, I love big butts, wide hips, and thick thighs. I also like it if the girl is shorter than me. Damn, I've been wanting to play Princess Maker 3 over a decade now and this just makes me want to play it even more. If only the bank and the utility company didn't screw me over last month.
>>
>>182190879
That wasn't a question you were supposed to answer.
>>
File: total pleb.png (54KB, 210x180px) Image search: [Google]
total pleb.png
54KB, 210x180px
>>182190879
>I also like it if the girl is shorter than me.
>>
File: 1480925382469.gif (763KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480925382469.gif
763KB, 1280x720px
>>182193519
I'm on a spirit journey. My body is a walking adrenochrome production center due to my regular caffeine consumption, my schizophrenia, and my love of energy drinks working together to basically let me enjoy something that normally costs upwards of $100 a gram at the low, low price of $1.25. Plus I take gabapentin for anxiety, and that's a potent tranquilizer. Put two and two together and you get me saying off the wall shit in my videos and posting off the wall shit on the internet. I'm sorry about that and I apologize if I wasn't supposed to answer that question.
>>182193918
Taste is subjective, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and variety is the spice of life. Taste could be considered synonymous with beauty, and a variety of things are beautiful to the eye of the beholder that is this one making the post you see here. That is to say yes, I do enjoy my women fun-sized on occasion. I sometimes enjoy them taller or larger, especially when they are orcish or draconian.
>>
I once thought that the people not over the edge of it were incapable of self-seeing that which is not capable of feeling us. I eventually realized that my previous perceptions had crept up from somewhere that hadn't gone unnoticed by those that be. Unfortunatly my fortunes had become misfortunes as the last of it had its way with me.
>>
File: mega.png (1KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
mega.png
1KB, 250x196px
>>182194737
what
>>
>>182195065
Nevermind, support your local zoo. Hey.

Quick question: any recommendations this general might have to offer that cost less than $7 USD and can be acquired on Steam or itch.io? I especially like role-playing games, rogue-likes, turn-based strategy and simulation games, though an adventure game or platformer is alright too. No horror though unless it's one that does not rely on jump scares but is about the atmosphere and the surreal creepy beauty of it all.
>>
>>182190879
>>182194737
>>182195437
Haven't seen someone so egregiously "*holds up spork*" in quite some time. Well done.
>>
>>182193918
>report got options removed instead of more to make it better and more accurate
4chan is literally the AAA gaming of forums.
>>
>>182195576
Thank you, I appreciate it. Most people just tell me to fuck off when I get loopy, weird or erudite, but you guys are pretty nice. I very much appreciate that. I hope you have a great and wonderful rest of your evening. I'll keep this tab open in case one has a suggestion I would want to get that is $7 and under. Right now though, I'd like to browse the marketplace and then work on some content.
>>
>>182194737
Recluse pls
>>
>>182195437
The only rogue like worth buying is ADOM because its proprietary and not open sores garbage
>>
File: 1479693249618.gif (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479693249618.gif
2MB, 1280x720px
>>182197702
I loved ADOM as a kid, back when I used to play the DOS version. Farthest I ever got was to the Water Temple. $15 is more than I can spend this week but I will put it on my wishlist if it isn't there already. Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
>>
>>182195437
Anatomy
>>
File: 1484789331075.gif (326KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
1484789331075.gif
326KB, 500x269px
>>182197896
Oh right I meant to play Adom II...

The dev personally told me to fuck off (in nicer words) and that it'll never happen when I asked him to at least add support for graphical tiles to it, even if the official version doesn't use them.

And then he did added graphical tiles himself.
>>
File: adom-speech-bubbles-2.png (37KB, 720x397px) Image search: [Google]
adom-speech-bubbles-2.png
37KB, 720x397px
... meanwhile on the ADOM blog

Speech bubbles. I dunno, cracks me up for some reason.
>>
Last post is me :)
>>
No, it's me.

And I'm not making the new thread.
>>
>>182202201
Eh? Anon, check the post count.
>>
Nice try kid. I'm behind you now!
>>
>>182198638
By KittyHorrorShow? That looks pretty good. I'm going to have to try that one out. Thank you. I appreciate it.
>>182200798
Thomas Biskup is a card. So much that he likes receiving postcards from around the world. He's probably one of the few German game developers I have the utmost absolute respect for. The man is a legend in my eyes and his game is one of the brighter parts of my childhood. I would love to meet him and shake his hand and have some bratwurst with him, though that probably will only be in my dreams. Sorry if the bit about "German developers" was bothersome in any way, I am very much open to playing games from around the world but I will admit a great number of the shitty games I've played have been made by developers in Western Europe, and I especially despise Topware Entertainment, who happen to be German. I've played video games since I was 3, I've grown to have a very critical eye when it comes to how they play and their overall performance.
>>
>>182200943
Yggaz is my favorite character in that entire game. He's the resident Malkavian of that little hamlet. I know Malkavians don't exist in that world, but there are many different characters in many different games and in this world we live in as well who could very much be described as Malkavian. I know I"m one of them. I sometimes go by the moniker of Mad Malkavian or Malkavian Recluse. Absolutely fell in love with the World of Darkness thanks to Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines so much that it kind of shaped part of my world view 2013 and onward, if only because fiction is often derived from things in reality and truth is stranger than fiction.
>>
New Thread:
>>182203590
>>182203590
>>182203590
>>182203590
>>
>>182195874
People misused the spam option. Plus it was technically redundant even when it was first added, and probably could have been merged back into the general rulebreaking option after captchas were introduced but it just took them years to get around to it.
Thread posts: 758
Thread images: 141

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.