[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 757
Thread images: 55

File: 1424219743989.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1424219743989.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.
>>
>>181399341
>At this rate, every N64 game will have an HLE implementation
Who is going to HLE World Driver Championship? That guy rage quit LOL.

I'm genuinely doubtful that every single inaccuracy in the HLE implementation will be fixed. That's why I appreciate LLE. I can just enable that and enjoy high-accuracy gameplay. HLE is overkill for modern hardware, save for maybe a few odd games like Conker's Bad Fur Day.

>and the only thing that will need fixing will be the LLE triangle rendering for the whopping two Rareware titles that send triangles without a display list.
How do you expect them to get HLE to work fine for games like Factor 5, when the LLE implementation's inaccurate?
>>
>>181400104
>Who is going to HLE World Driver Championship? That guy rage quit LOL.
He didn't rage quit. There are some ongoing disagreements over the best way to implement yielding in HLE. Also, there is a second programmer who has been working on ucode stuff, albeit less proficiently.
>I'm genuinely doubtful that every single inaccuracy in the HLE implementation will be fixed.
Why?
>That's why I appreciate LLE. I can just enable that and enjoy high-accuracy gameplay.
Without enhancements, and with immense and arguably unnecessary performance overheads.
>HLE is overkill for modern hardware, save for maybe a few odd games like Conker's Bad Fur Day.
No it's not. It serves two purposes. One, it's insanely fast. Two, it grants an understanding of how these games function.
>How do you expect them to get HLE to work fine for games like Factor 5, when the LLE implementation's inaccurate?
Because the LLE side of things is completely irrelevant for such games. Someone merely needs to reverse engineer the ucodes and write an HLE implementation. This is not a trivial task, but consider that we're rapidly running out of games that DON'T have an accurate HLE implementation.
>>
>>181400593
>Someone merely needs to reverse engineer the ucodes and write an HLE implementation.
How will they implement proper triangles? That makes 0 sense to be able to do accurate HLE and fail at LLE. THat's like making a recompiler that is more accurate than your interpreter..

>One, it's insanely fast.
I'm sure most people do not care about being able to run at 500 VI/s.

>Why?
Because it is a lot of work. It also requires a deep understanding of the RSP, which few people seem to have.

>There are some ongoing disagreements over the best way to implement yielding in HLE.
The guy is worried that HLE won't work at all, simply because he is over-complicating it. That's incredibly silly to nitpick and worry over a minor performance gain/loss.

>Also, there is a second programmer who has been working on ucode stuff, albeit less proficiently.
Who is that?
>>
>>181401240
>How will they implement proper triangles?
By caring enough to rewrite the LLE triangle code. It's not like it's some huge technical challenge -- it's just that nobody cares enough to do it. LLE in GLideN64 is an afterthought, and if current progress continues it will completely redundant before long.
>That makes 0 sense to be able to do accurate HLE and fail at LLE.
>THat's like making a recompiler that is more accurate than your interpreter.
That analogy doesn't work. The way HLE video and LLE video work are completely different.
They're extremely different. If GoldenEye and Killer Instinct didn't exist, there would be no need for low level triangle rendering because normal N64 games use display lists for everything.
>Because it is a lot of work. It also requires a deep understanding of the RSP, which few people seem to have.
Improvements are coming at a steady rate. That really isn't an issue currently.
>The guy is worried that HLE won't work at all, simply because he is over-complicating it.
World Driver Championship is an extremely touchy game. He wants some guarantee that the yielding issue will be solved for HLE. This is an RSP issue, and it also affects Gauntlet Legends. It's hard to properly debug a ucode if the game is hard locking on boot. It's a chicken and egg situation, to some extent.
>That's incredibly silly to nitpick and worry over a minor performance gain/loss.
The game refuses to boot in HLE largely because the plugin spec doesn't handle yielding. It's hardly a nitpick.
>Who is that?
Gillou68310.
>>
>>181402054
>He wants some guarantee that the yielding issue will be solved for HLE.
I think it's silly to worry and think HLE won't work simply because the game freezes when you skip DLists. Why would you skip important code in the first place??

>The game refuses to boot in HLE largely because the plugin spec doesn't handle yielding. It's hardly a nitpick.
it is nitpicking because a surefire method has already been proposed and he seems to not be convinced.

>That analogy doesn't work. The way HLE video and LLE video work are completely different.
HLE requires LLE knowledge, when you reverse engineer it.

>Improvements are coming at a steady rate. That really isn't an issue currently.
For anyone who cares deeply about accuracy, it will still be an issue. With certain games, you can see a visible difference between LLE and HLE.

>It's not like it's some huge technical challenge -- it's just that nobody cares enough to do it
Why do you think it's not a huge technical challenge? How would someone figure out how to fix it?
>>
>>181402997
>I think it's silly to worry and think HLE won't work simply because the game freezes when you skip DLists. Why would you skip important code in the first place??
HLE won't work if the CPU goes into an infinite loop like it does with WDC.
>it is nitpicking because a surefire method has already been proposed and he seems to not be convinced.
Nobody has successfully handled RSP yielding in HLE yet. Until they do, this is completely academic. It's not "surefire" if all attempts to do it to date have failed.
>HLE requires LLE knowledge, when you reverse engineer it.
Yes and no. Knowledge, yes. Execution, no.
>Why do you think it's not a huge technical challenge? How would someone figure out how to fix it?
The important thing to remember about the N64 is that it doesn't use vertices. It doesn't draw polygons in the way other hardware draws polygons. Instead, it uses edges and slopes. The end result is effectively the same, but converting edges and slopes to polygons is the sticking point.

In an HLE microcode implementation, the polygons are drawn traditionally. There's no fuss. With an LLE implementation, you require some code to convert these edges and slopes into polygon vertices, and this is where GLideN64 trips up, because it has a half-baked, flawed implementation that was originally created for the purpose of rendering the sky in GoldenEye, since GE sends commands for rendering the sky directly to the RDP instead of including them in the display list.
>>
File: 02f[1].jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
02f[1].jpg
34KB, 655x527px
>>181400104
>>181400593
>>181401240
>>181402054
>>181402997
>>181404052
tldr
>>
>>181404052
>Nobody has successfully handled RSP yielding in HLE yet. Until they do, this is completely academic. It's not "surefire" if all attempts to do it to date have failed.
One guy specifically said he HLE'd the functions that required yielding. HLE can do anything LLE can do, so I do not understand why anyone would be concerned about getting HLE to work. It's ridiculous for him to rage quit like that, when clearly knowledgeable people are sharing information and offering help.

> flawed implementation that was originally created for the purpose of rendering the sky in GoldenEye
Didn't he just port the triangle code from z64gl?
>>
Which emulators work perfectly with my laptop?

My specifications are.

Windows 10 Home single language

Processor: AMD E1-2100 APU with Radeon (TM) HD Graphics

RAM: 2.00 GB (1.47 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64 processor

In Windows (C:) I have 386 GB available from 440

And in RECOVERY (D:) I have 2.69 GB available 24.0 GB
>>
>>181405015
ZSNES
>>
>>181404804
>One guy specifically said he HLE'd the functions that required yielding.
That's... not as simple as it sounds. LegendOfDragoon is essentially arguing that the ucode should be reverse engineered, and then "someone else" will take care of yielding. Which is a pants-on-head retarded attitude. The yielding issue needs to be fixed FIRST, and THEN the ucode can be reverse engineered.
>HLE can do anything LLE can do
Not under the current plugin specification, it can't.

His second suggestion is updating the plugin spec, which is simple on paper, but would require some negotiation with Zilmar, who doesn't really care about anything but Android at this point.

See this conversation for details:

https://github.com/project64/project64/issues/1322
>Didn't he just port the triangle code from z64gl?
Yes. And that's the problem. This... issue goes all the way back to 2007-ish, when Glide64 copied z64gl's triangle code.
>It's ridiculous for him to rage quit like that, when clearly knowledgeable people are sharing information and offering help.
He's being a drama queen. They're being obstinate. It is necessary to be able to run the game in HLE mode before he can reverse engineer the ucodes. Currently, the game does not boot in HLE mode. It only boots in LLE mode thanks to a dirty hack. I think there might be a slight language barrier, too.
>>
>>181405204
And what super nintendo Games do you recommend?

I like soccer games (provided have Canada.)

I hate RPG games

race games.

Easy games

And games that are for all ages and all audiences (Rated K-A Kids to Adults in the ESRB)
>>
>>181405015
>>181405295
Is this a joke? I'm not laughing.
>>
>>181406117
It's not any joke.

My laptop is low range

And I'm looking for emulators for low-end laptop's.

That work to perfection in Laptop of low resources like mine
>>
>>181406214
why isn't this the first time you posted this?
>>
>>181405295
>I like soccer games (provided have Canada.)
what the fuck
>>
>>181405250
>LegendOfDragoon is essentially arguing that the ucode should be reverse engineered, and then "someone else" will take care of yielding. Which is a pants-on-head retarded attitude.
I think the idea was to work as a team. Anyone with half a brain can port small pieces of code from LLE to HLE. I'm sure he would have been willing to do it, if no one else was willing anyway. He already posted the functions where yielding currently needs to happen.

>His second suggestion is updating the plugin spec, which is simple on paper, but would require some negotiation with Zilmar, who doesn't really care about anything but Android at this point.
Why does zilmar have to be the one to do it? Nothing stopping anyone from using a different RSP/emulator, in the worst case scenario. Not saying he shouldn't do it / accept a PR, but I don't think he HAS to do anything about it. Others are capable.

>Not under the current plugin specification, it can't.
True, but it's apparently easily to fix.

>It is necessary to be able to run the game in HLE mode before he can reverse engineer the ucodes.
What's the point of testing a game if the HLE implementation isn't anywhere near complete? The microcode can easily be dumped, so anyone can read the file and implement HLE based off that.
>>
>>181406432
Is that I do like Canadian soccer.

any problem?
>>
>>181405015
>AMD E1-2100
NES, SNES, GB/GBC/GBA, NDS (NO$GBA, if it doesn't it's a lost cause), PS1 (PSX v1.13 or epsxe), N64 (Pj64 and some hardware rendered plugin) and that's pretty much it.
>>
>>181406462
>Why does zilmar have to be the one to do it?
Because Zilmar dictates the plugin specification. If he refuses to support whatever changes are necessary, it won't happen.
>Nothing stopping anyone from using a different RSP/emulator, in the worst case scenario.
Said RSP would then no longer be complaint with the Zilmar spec. N64 emulation politics are bullshit, but they are what they are.
>What's the point of testing a game if the HLE implementation isn't anywhere near complete?
Because...
>The microcode can easily be dumped, so anyone can read the file and implement HLE based off that.
You need to actually run the game in order to dump the ucode. Especially since sometimes N64 games use more than one ucode. You need to be able to study the game running to get a clear picture of how it works.
>>
>>181406874
I was told that my laptop is very poopy for the PS1 emulator or Nintendo 64

And I just downloaded the ZSNES

And recommend me super nintendo games?

I just play video games Rated K-A (KIDS TO ADULTS) on the ESRB

I hate RPG's

I hate the games of the legend of Zelda.

I like soccer games

I like Racing games

And I do not like violent games at all
>>
>>181406117
>>181406393
>>181406432
I think he just reversed-memed on you guys
>>
>>181407067
>You need to actually run the game in order to dump the ucode.
You can do that with PJ64's RSP. It has the option to dump microcode, when using LLE.

>Said RSP would then no longer be complaint with the Zilmar spec.
Still better than nothing, right? The scene needs competition anyway. There's nothing worse than having a monopoly.

>If he refuses to support whatever changes are necessary, it won't happen.
I honestly doubt he would refuse anyway. For one, he loves HLE. He also does not mind having per-game settings. He did a workaround in the RSP to force LLE for Resident Evil's mpeg video or w/e it's called, because HLE graphics plugins don't handle that ucode.
>>
Does anyone know what the actual differences are between recent dev builds of Desmume and the 0.9.11 official release?
>>
should I even try playing nes game or just skip it and start with snes
>>
>>181408974
you should always try
>>
has anybody else successfully used retroarch vulkan on ubuntu 17.04? I get these error messages:
https://pastebin.com/m8q4mSpu

I'm using the daily ppa.
>>
>>181410093
forgot to mention I'm using intel graphics on mobile haswell
>>
Is it a bad idea to put your emulators on your SSD and your ROMs/ISOs on your storage drive? I do it and occasionally experience hitches in PPSSPP and PS1 emulation in Retroarch.
>>
>>181407315
>I was told that my laptop is very poopy for the PS1 emulator or Nintendo 64
As I said, PSX v1.13 or epsxe for PS1 and Pj64 with some hardware rendered video plugin is the lowest you can go, if those don't work, PS1 and N64 on your PC will be a lost cause.

>And recommend me super nintendo games? I hate RPG's, I hate the games of the legend of Zelda And I do not like violent games at all
Nope. Also, the super reddit spacing's quite annoying, cut it out.

>>181408760
Mostly bug fixes for different games, probably.
I think changelogs are only posted when there's a jump from one stable version to another one-

>>181410262
Let's begin with the basics, did you checked if your iGPU is compatible with Vulkan?
>>
>>181411126
>Let's begin with the basics, did you checked if your iGPU is compatible with Vulkan?
yes I have successfully used this configuration on archlinux and got vulkan on retroarch working fine there.
>>
File: 63413087_p0.png (1MB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
63413087_p0.png
1MB, 1000x1414px
>>181408974
All worthwhile nes games have superios versions on later platforms.
>>
>>181412050
better be a feminine penis under there
>>
Someone should upload redump's PC collection to Archive.org.
>>
>>181407315
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>181399453
>no screenshots
shitty thread
>>
Is it possible to transfer my PPSSPP save to my PSP? Going out of town and felt to continue game I played somewhat emulated.
>>
>>181408760
0.9.11 is ancient. It doesn't even have the internal res options, does it?
>>
File: emulation survey.png (47KB, 671x508px) Image search: [Google]
emulation survey.png
47KB, 671x508px
This is what /r/emulation wants
>>
>>181411187
help
>>
>>181411075
>PPSSPP
System > Cache full ISO in RAM
>PS1 emulation in Retroarch
Options > CD Image Cache

Then it wont matter if you have the ISOs on an SSD, HDD, or an ancient USB.
>>
how the fuck am i supposed to use pcem? I boot it up and it gives me something called "sinclair". Where the fuck is windows?
>>
>>181428327
I AM THIS MAD RIGHT NOW
>>
>>181425863
thanks man
>>
Hey guys I'm trying to set up PCSX2 and its all fine but it keeps running on my second monitor instead of my first monitor which is what I'd prefer, but I can't find out how to change this - does anyone here know how? Thanks.
>>
>>181425863
Oh by the way, is there a way to access the Beetle Mednafen core options in Retroarch without needing to do it for specific games during gameplay? I tried to use the Quick Menu after loading the core but it says there are no options available.
Would be nice to not have to enable CD Image Cache individually for every game and need to restart each time.
>>
>>181435661
Those options aren't pergame options.
>>
>>181435930
It says it's creating config files for the individual games though, and when I enabled CD Image Cache while playing Crash 2 it wasn't enabled for other games I tried.
>>
>>181432163
Mine always does this too. It's a mystery.
>>
File: snes_lufiaII_front.png (145KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
snes_lufiaII_front.png
145KB, 300x411px
busy playing this beaut, next is live a live
>>
In mame I am trying to play Mrs. Pacman (speedhack). When I begin the game, the game itself skips every level and I dont have a chance to play.

Does anyone know what is happening? Strangely enough I couldnt find anything relevant on Google. I was able to play this game fine for the first few days that I had it.
>>
>>181421773
Well I hope they can afford a machine which can emulate PS3 and Xbox-Xbox 360 games.
>>
So I setup retroarch. For some reason roms wouldn't show up even though I could start them straight from the directory.
>"retroarch needs no-intro roms"
Oh okay. Got that. So I got myself some no-intro romsets and scanned the folder.
>Still won't add all games to the list. For NES games Ducktales 2 is recognized. Ducktales 1 isn't

What the fuck. How?
>>
>>181442119
Possibly one file has headers. Or not.
>>
>>181421773
>DraStic becoming playable
What did whoever wrote that poll mean by that?
DraStic is extremely usable, it just needs a UWP Port at the very least (Exophase mentioned it could happen at some point, but that was around September of 2016, iirc) and multiplayer capabilities which I don't think they'll happen at this point.
>>
>>181407315
Gtfo you retard
>>
>>181444189
He meant Decaf.
>>
>>181443315
Can I do something? Or do I just have to get another rom with headers?
>>
Zeromus did nothing wrong.
>>
>>181445075
>Zeromus did nothing
Yep, it was all yopyop.
>>
>>181445075
correct
>>
>>181408760
>use latest dev build of Desmume
>games are unplayable, running at wildly varying speeds with audio massively distorted no matter what settings used
>use 0.9.11 stable release
>everything works perfectly
Where does the "always use dev builds" meme come from again?
>>
>>181445026
You can edit playlist file and add it.
What is crc/sha1 of Ducktales 1?
>>
>>181445306
Works fine for me. These sort of issues are always a case of PEBCAK.
>>
>>181445478
>These sort of issues are always a case of PEBCAK
Of course, using both versions in the exact same way with the same settings (ie. the defaults) is obviously a case of user error.
>>
https://web.archive.org/web/20161120010732/http://wiki.pcsx2.net:80/index.php/Complete_List_of_Games
>>
File: duck.png (8KB, 398x237px) Image search: [Google]
duck.png
8KB, 398x237px
>>181445387
There you go.
>>
>>181446782
>06B994B2
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/1947/

Get proper file.
>>
>>181447512
RHDN for some ungodly reason somtime lists the unheadered roms hash for NES romhacks, even when you need an headered rom to apply the patch
>>
File: config.png (29KB, 630x655px) Image search: [Google]
config.png
29KB, 630x655px
No matter what I do, which options I change, Final Fantasy VII just runs horribly slow with Pete's OpenGL2 v2.9.
It runs at 7-9 FPS in the "Sony Computer Entertainment America Presents" and it just gets stuck right there.
Pic's my configuration, the only special game fix I've enabled is "Ignore small framebuffer moves", in case it's worth mentioning.
>>
>>181450272
>epsxe
>>
What emudevs that don't do anything emulation-related anymore you guys miss the most?
>>
>>181453196
Rachel.
>>
>>181451808
(You). Also, the exact same plugin works exactly the same on PCSXR.
>>
>>181450272
You got a shit laptop.
>>
>>181453562
>pcsxr
>>
>>181453562
pcsxr is shit
>>
>>181450272
Use a real emulator
>>
File: rpcs3 2017-07-01 18-24-46-67.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rpcs3 2017-07-01 18-24-46-67.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtRfMSYtYsE
>>
um is mednafen saturn emulation stalled? No new fixes in the recent releases.
>>
File: TASVideos on GitHub.png (47KB, 998x433px) Image search: [Google]
TASVideos on GitHub.png
47KB, 998x433px
Riddle me this
>>
>>181454154
May 25, 2017:
SS: Synchronize end of SMPC clock change commands to beginning of vsync instead of beginning of vblank, per tests on a SS.

May 23, 2017:
SS: Reworked how the VDP2 rendering thread waits, to make Saturn emulation usable with the default OpenBSD kernel.

SS: Added emulation of the light gun("Stunner"/"Virtua Gun").
>>
>>181455248
uh ya not much going on
>>
>>181453662
>>181453705
>>181453841
>>181453928
I already am, thanks though.
Pointless answers aside, any way to fix it?
I already finished the game once with PSX v1.13 which is basically the same as completing it with Mednafen, but I'd like to go through it again with some visual enhancements and I don't have much free space left on my hard drive.
>>
>>181455619
>any way to fix it?
See
>>181453928
>>
>>181455619
If you can't run it on PCSXr or ePSXe you've got a shit laptop, there's no fixing that. Play the PC version instead.
>>
>>181453986
The progress this emulator has made in the last 6 months is astonishing.
>>
>>181455802
if he can't run an emulator hes not going to run the pc game
>>
>>181455967
Maybe not the steam ver, but the original should be fine.
>>
>>181455827
It's amazing what devs can do when they expect to be paid for it.
>>
>>181455768
>I already am, thanks though.
I already am, thanks though.
Pointless answers aside, any way to fix it?

>>181455802
Oh, I see, I forgot to mention it. It DOES run onthe DX Plugins, the problem only happens with the OGL ones.

>>181455967
FFVII is a pretty cheap game and I can emulate it on the 3 emulators: PSX v1.13, Mednafen and epsxe.
I didn't noticed that I did not mentioned that it runs with the DX Plugins at the beginning, my fault, sorry.
>>
>>181456786
Problem solved.
>>
>>181457038
Not at all.
>>
>>181457227
>i can't run the game
>the game runs by the way

Yeah, problem solved.
>>
>>181453316
Heavy. But not as heavy as the coffin
>>
>>181457726
>Ican run this game on X Emulators or with X Plugins but I'm trying to find a way if I can run it with Y Plugin instead because I already finished the game with X Plugin and it doesn't allow me to use graphical enhancements like Y would.
As I said, not at all.
>>
>>181455343
You're kind of retarded for saying "not much" after reading the other post
>>
>>181458194
nobody cares about openbsd
>>
>>181458046
So play the game. Problem solved.
>>
>>181458829
And so we go back to the beginning: (>>181450272).
>>
>>181459172
>epsxe
>>
>>181456786
>the problem only happens with the OGL ones.
Yeah, they're more resource heavy, resources a shit laptop doesn't have. You can't get blood from a stone.
>>
>>181459785
>Yeah, they're more resource heavy, resources a shit laptop doesn't have. You can't get blood from a stone.
Tales of Phantasia and the Crash Bandicoot games didn't gave me any troubles though.
I guess FFVII is more intensive that I thought.. gonna try FFVIII and IX just in case, if those can't run either I guess there's no helping it.
>>
I don't know if this is a problem but, I was using retroarch 1.3.2 and the PSX core changed from mednafen to beetle and won't give me a choice anymore
>>
What's the best option for emulating the SSX games? Specifically Tricky and SSX3.
>>
>>181464908
Beetle is the name of the Retroarch branch of Mednafen, it's normal
>>
>>181465210
Why were there 2 cores then?
>>
>>181412050
Action 52 doesn't have a snes version neither a vc release

checkmate
>>
>>181464927
Dolphin
>>
>>181465491
Wrong.
>>
Is there even a way to get old versions of Retroarch cores?
>>
File: untitled.png (205KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
205KB, 799x599px
>>181459785
>>181460085
Holy cow, I didn't remembered this much loot in Alexandria.
Anyways, FFIX is running almost perfectly. Battles are slowing down a bit but I'll mess a bit with the configuration later to see if I can fix it.
I'm sure that FFVII really does have a problem with OGL Plugins.
>>
Bluestacks guy from the previous thread

Revo Uninstaller can't even detect it and yet it says it's already installed. What the fuck? I'm trying to get this working for a party
>>
hmm been a long time since I used an emulator
>>
emulate policenauts. Yay or nay
>>
Now I know why more people don't use Virtualbox.
>>
>>181477195
Can you link me your blog?
>>
>>181478162

Yeah, but you'll need to open your mouth much wider and scoot a little closer.
>>
>>181475996
Nah, fuck video games.
>>
>>181479069
Nah fuck YOU leatherhead
>>
donate to rpcs3 or sp will fork it
>>
>>181479823
Why do you make SP forking something sound bad?
>>
>>181479823
and do what with it? it's not like sp is an emulation guru you know.
>>
how is redream compared to reicast?
>>
>>181482331
Developmen is going ok, but for now, use that other shit (DEmul)
>>
>>181482961
don't have windows
>>
Using some linux distro? Maybe Wine can work
>>
>>181483616
no i tried that
>>
dualboot into windows then
>>
File: untitled.png (722KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
722KB, 800x600px
Ohkay, I couldn't fix the lag while fighting so I just started to try the software rendered plugins and this one looks good enough, only need to fix that ugly font rendering. Any tips I should have in mind?
>>
>>181484049
i only have a chromebook
>>
>>181484331
Oh yeah, I'm using "Pete's D3D v1.77" plugin.
>>
>>181484331
>>181484452
Agh.. how frustrating, what one plugin has, another one lacks.
With P.E.Op.S. Soft v1.18 the UI looks pretty and the font renders properly, but the textures look like shit. With Pete's D3D the textures looks pretty but the UI like shit.. fucking damn it.
>>
Why do I get stutter in both VBA-M and MGBA despite having a PC that can run modern games and emulate PS2 perfectly?
I can't find any options that make it better.
>>
>>181485598
>Agh.. how frustrating, what one plugin has, another one lacks.
Welcome to plugin hell.
>>
>>181486308
use retroarch
>>
>>181486308
Make sure your FPS target is correctly set and you are syncing to AUDIO and not Video.
>>181486641
Kindly fuck off.
>>
>>181486308
GBA's screen is 59.7Hz, your monitor is 60Hz, if the emulator's frontend can't compensate for that you're going to get microstutters.
RetroArch is very good at handling these sorts of things.
>>
>>181486641
>>181487108
>>181487528
It's weird because I'm confident this wasn't an issue 10 years ago on regular old VBA
>>
File: dsgafh.png (17KB, 985x767px) Image search: [Google]
dsgafh.png
17KB, 985x767px
I'm trying to play digimon world 1 on mednafen but I get this screen, can anyone help?

I have no issues with other ps1 games
>>
best way 2 play sotn?
>>
>>181491925
Can't really remember, but I think it's either a libcrypt issue (use an .sbi file) or bad PAL BIOS.
>>
>>181492819
I only have the ntsc usa bios, as for the other stuff you said, that stuff is beyond me.
>>
>>181399453
Anyone have an updated Cemu? Wanna try out BotW on my machine.
>>
>>181491925
>>181493210
Are your BIOS and game the same region?
>>
>>181494838
as far as I can tell, yes. The .rar name was Digimon World [U] [SLUS-01032], but the files inside are just called digimon world, sooooo i dunno. maybe that's totally not sketchy.
>>
>>181491925
https://github.com/OpenEmu/OpenEmu/issues/3013
>>
>>181496509
so what, i just can't play the game on mednafen?
>>
>>181487108
>Not syncing to both audio and video at the same time with dynamic rate control
>>
>>181496751
Try another ISO. Otherwise just use any other emulator at native resolution and it'll be the exact same thing.
>>
>>181495139
Still thinking it's a BIOS issue/actually a PAL copy (you should get ReDump copies of games off archive.org in the future). Download the BIOS from the wiki (and read the readme.txt).
>>181496509
mednafen added .sbi support ages ago.
>>181496751
IIRC only PAL games have libcrypt, so if that is the issue than either downloading and loading the .sbi file or downloading an NTSC-U copy should work.
>>
>>181500117
>mednafen added .sbi support ages ago.
I was referring to: "PAL copies of LibCrypt protected games sees, "Video Standard Mismatch" on startup (after the PlayStation logo and before the piracy warning)".
>>
>>181500270
>>181500117
>>181496751
>>181496509

...Are you shitting me? That asswipe *still* hasn't added SBI support!?
>>
what emus should i get for my chromebook?
>>
Does Vsync just not work in Desmume and PPSSPP or something? I'm getting constant bad frame-pacing/stutter whether I turn it on or off.
>>
File: 1479766480763.jpg (63KB, 1155x673px) Image search: [Google]
1479766480763.jpg
63KB, 1155x673px
Been using the dev version of pcsx2 on a weak HP laptop for awhile now
CPU
Intel Pentium J3710 @ 1.60GHz
Braswell 14nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB DDR3 @ 1599MHz
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics (HP))
(same anon from a couple or weeks ago if you remember these specs and thanks to those with those Dolphin setting tips)

My only problem with it, other than not running at full speed(which I don't mind since games still feel and sound playably accurate) is the audio or voices would studder during cutscenes in games since my speed and fps would drop to the 30-50%(20-30's) durring them. I've tried doing what the pcsx2 fourms mention like switching the Synchronizing modes from Timestretch to Async Mix but it seems like it make it worse and I tried lowering the Latency but still nothing. Any ideas?
>>
>>181501818
Get a real computer
>>
Have any of you built a RPi3 emulation machine? All this snes mini talk has really got me motivated to build my own. Is this RetroPie thing necessary? Or could you just install windows and add your own emulators?
>>
anyone care to share their thoughts on retroarch on Android? worth getting over more established individual emus?
>>
>>181505148
try it and find out
>>
File: Capture.png (20KB, 1144x274px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20KB, 1144x274px
It's over, guys. Emulators are illegal. Reddit has spoken.
>>
>>181509796
Good if it drives reddit away
>>
I wanted to set up PCSX2 with my dualshock 3 for pressure sensitive buttons, but apparently its injected Lilypad doesn't work anymore. Does anybody have a working one? SCP is nice andd I don't want to switch to FireShock, which seems like it's much more convoluted if I still want to use my dualshock with Xinput games.
>>
does demons souls still have problems with the sound?
>>
>>181515391

Could someoen post some higher than 720 resolution images of Demons?
>>
>>181515654
wasn't that all the PS3 could muster?
>>
>>181509796
You have to go back
>>
https://www.patreon.com/posts/which-two-new-us-12427903

Will patreon supporters vote for PPSSPP core promised in February?
>>
>>181519613
Don't worry PPSSPP already has more votes than both the other combined, runner up is supermodel.
>>
What ever happened to Minty Halls?
>>
Is this the place to talk about romhacks? I saw that romhack general is gone now
>>
>>181509796
Go back and die there
>>
>>181509796
Forgot to log out before taking a screenshot again, garou666?

Your own posts get upvoted so it's obvious
>>
>>181524470
Killed himself after Bernie Sanders lost.
>>
>>181519613
Where the fuck is Play!
>>
You wouldn't emulate systemd
>>
>>181531130
For once, you're right. No one would.
>>
Anyone know how to stop the random crashes for BotW on 1.8.1b?
>>
>>181533214
You can't.
>>
>>181533214
Use a real emulator
>There is nothing better than Cemu now
Don't play the game
>>
File: SEZHY.jpg (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SEZHY.jpg
217KB, 1920x1080px
Has anyone here emulated Paper Mario: TTYD? Apparently there's an issue with bounding box emulation and D3D11.
Can anyone confirm if it runs fine with OpenGL instead, or just share their experience in general?
>>
>>181536025
Can't you just switch the renderer and test yourself?
>>
>>181536740
I haven't started it. I'm debating whether to play it on console if bounding box emulation slows the game down often.
>>
>>181537008
I've finished the game using OpenGL + HD textures, not a single frame drop
>>
Wasn't sure where to ask, but someone here might know.
I'm looking to buy a brand new PS2 pad because autism, is my best bet ebay? There's some cheapish ones from Thailand which I don't trust, and the rest are like $60
>>
>>181537745
Can you even buy new PS2 nowadays?
AFAIK, even Brasil don't have new ones any more (at least, no shop had them when I was there a year ago).
>>
>>181537920
There are a lot of stores that sells old videogames here and you can find a brand new (slim) ps2 for $180. I would say that it's not worth it because of the price.
>>
>>181519613
Kinda sad that Supermodel is in a very premature state though, would have loved to have seen that as a libretro core
>>
>>181537920
>>181538404
I said pad you big dummies. Probably easier just to get a used one and clean the shit out of it, my autism surrounding used shit is not fun
>>
>>181520551
>>181519613
supermodel would be cool
>>
Where can I find new 3DS CIA releases? Can be encryped, doesn' matter
>>
>>181541237
Just download them yourself from Nintendo's servers with keys from the title keys site and funkey cia, or whatever the kids use these days.
>>
>>181537745
um just get a dualshock 3
>>
>>181542419
>analog mushy triggers instead of nice digital ones
lol
>>
>>181542185
WiiU USB Helper is good enough then, I guess. I just want to know about what are the new 3DS games being released, not even Nintendo site has the full list. I've just downloaded Ever Oasis
>>
I can't get Demon's Souls running in RPCS3 anymore. I just get this error:
>F {PPU[0x1000005] Thread (HighGraphics) [0x00acb270]} MEM: Access violation reading location 0x0
And then it hangs on the white screen before the game can actually start.
>>
>>181542792
1. Use the most recent build (this error don't show up anymore for months...)
2. If the game still don't work, delete it, you probably have a bad dump
>>
>>181542532
not bad once you get used to them. Get a dualshock 4 then
>>
>>181543464
I literally already have both of them, anon. They are bad unless you're playing racing games or something else that actually makes use of the analog.

I'm fucking amazed at how many people just accept mushy shit like it's useful for 95% of games.
>>
File: 1494734804600.gif (46KB, 454x261px) Image search: [Google]
1494734804600.gif
46KB, 454x261px
>>181493628
>BotW
i have the 1.8.1b but it runs about the same as the usual silky smooth 19 fps with a GTX970 and an i5-7600

With that said, is there any WiiU game worth playing and that actually runs on the emulator?
>>
>>181543159
not that anon, but is the fps unlocked now for DeS?
>>
>>181543159
It worked in older builds, newest ones don't work
>>
>>181544401
Nope, it's still locked at 30 fps. But the devs said that this is something we will be able to change soon (game by game engine patches I guess).
>>181546090
I'm using the last available build, you messed something up, Demon's Souls i't's working
>>
whens model 2 emulator going to get a linux port?
>>
File: unknown.png (284KB, 753x358px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
284KB, 753x358px
>even emu devs are retards
I have no words.
>>
>>181550596
Who was responsible for this piece of info?
>>
>>181550819
https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/07/03/progress-report-june-2017/

>This progress report was written by ssshadow with contributions from twdarkeh, Ani, MarioSonic2987, and Talkashie.
>>
>>181551076
Why are they still using such low quality jpgs to show off the progress they're making? Those pictures are more artifact than image. REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: hqdefault[3].jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[3].jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>181551294
I mean seriously. Why bother making your site look all clean and flashy to try and draw people in, then have it littered with pic related.
>>
>>181551651
Good point, there is not reason at all to not just use png shots
>>
>>181537408
Thanks for the info!
>>
>>181540373
>>181538571
The title of the patreon post states "Which two new libretro cores would you like us to work on", so I'd assume that means the two highest voted things will get a core.

>>181550596
Well, here the issue if Okami actually uses MSAA 4X how come it looks fine even though AA is unimplemented right now?
>>
File: Okami HD aliasing.webm (3MB, 834x824px) Image search: [Google]
Okami HD aliasing.webm
3MB, 834x824px
>>181555434
I don't know what it runs at but I do know this isn't 4k at all.
>>
>>181555584

This is PSX tier jitter. what the fuck
>>
>>181556050
It's called aliasing.
>>
File: 1498959632745.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498959632745.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>181555434
>how come it looks fine even though AA is unimplemented right now?
There's clearly aliasing though.
>>
>>181556439
You read his post wrong, he said aliasing wasn't implemented. But I think there is, but who knows.
>>
File: 61rpUV9K+tL._AC_SL1000_.jpg (116KB, 924x868px) Image search: [Google]
61rpUV9K+tL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
116KB, 924x868px
Is there consensus on what's the best portable emulation experience right now? My phone, 3DS and PSP are way too small for what I'm looking for, and NVIDIA Shields don't exist here.
>>
>>181556598
Aliasing = jaggies, Anti-aliasing = elimination of jaggies.
>>
>>181551076
>>181550596
>A user also extensively tested the game and played it for hours with no issues.
That user sucks at reporting then,
Even ignoring the minor graphical issues throughout it still crashes every 5-6 hr of continuous playtime and very rarely hangs on an infinite loading screen if transitioning to a new area loads you directly into a cutscene
>>
>>181556751
"AA is unimplemented" is what he said though so of course there would be aliasing.
>>
>>181556891
Unless the game was being rendered at 4k and being downsampled, which is what his point was. It has aliasing, which means it doesn't 'look fine', ie. it's not 4k downsampled.
>>
>>181557132
> It has aliasing
But not as much aliasing as what straight 1080p would look, even on the screenshot posted here you can clearly see things that should be aliased bu aren't
>>
>>181557736
And here's where the 4k confusion comes from. The game gets rendered at 1080p, then upscaled to 4k 4 times using different upscaling methods, then from those they create the outlines and downsample to 1080p. It's still a 1080p rendered image, just with a weird post processing AA.
>>
>>181556678
Probably Vita by those standards. Has a great screen.
>>
File: qmuy876xlp6z.jpg (1MB, 2891x4096px) Image search: [Google]
qmuy876xlp6z.jpg
1MB, 2891x4096px
how do i get crt filters for youtube and twitch?
>>
>>181501818
why don't you play the pc version?
its vastly superior
>>
>>181558659

Depends on the model.
>>
>>181551294
misread as low quality jrpgs

unintended chuckle
>>
>>181571687
Wrong general, idiot.
>>
guys what happened to rom-world?
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6dz8wl/has_anyone_here_heard_about_this_project_for_ps4/di70ttu/?context=3
>>
>>181576810

> Now normally I don't give credence to these types of things but it is open on github and one of the contributors was vgturtle127 who I know to be active in the emulation community.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6dz8wl/has_anyone_here_heard_about_this_project_for_ps4/
>>
>>181577364
>active
>>
>>181577364
>There was some real stuff going on behind the scenes, but some people started doxing us and harassing our families, so me and a few others decided it wasn't worth it to continue under the same project at least, especially with no real code being released.
>>
fucking reddit faggots fuck off RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>181578609
Make us. You special snowflake little bitch.
>>
Has anyone tested this out yet?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwqoo0goh96jb7i/Rayman%20(Early%20Prototype).zip?dl=1
>>
>>181579331
Is this the SNES one?
>>
about how much storage would I Need to have every emulatable game up to x360/ps3?
>>
>>181580906
Why "every" and not only the good ones?
>>
>>181581181
don't have time to sort through everything.
>>
>>181581248
You'll never have enough storage for even one of those systems library, so you better free some time to sort them anon
>>
>>181580906
Including copies of all regions of a game? Probably a couple 10TB drives.
>>
>>181580906
Here's just 6th gen ReDump numbers:
>PS2 (7313 ISOs)
16.6TB
>GCN (1790 ISOs)
2.3TB
>Xbox (1648 ISOs)
11.5TB
Taking out games that aren't currently playable on emulators, and including older systems, I think 25TB is a conservative estimate.
>>
>>181581695
well first of all fuck xbox. Second of all I could probably just do us only releases.
>>
>>181581794
Only PS3 games, and only US releases, I still wish you luck
>>
>>181581908
>Only PS3 games
huh? I said not including xbox360/ps3
>>
>>181582013
Being honest, how much space can you spare?
>>
>>181582196
I duno probably 2 8tb drives
>>
well now the issue becomes how do I download all this shit. Can I get some business account for a month with unlimited bandwidth?
>>
>>181558989
Didn't know plus I just wanted to see if I could run pcsx2 on this weak laptop without problems. I did managed to beat both X7 and 8 though, the only problems were just cutscenes or too much moving during them would drop the speed and fps which in return messed with the audio. Tried .hack//infection and still have the same problems. I'm probably not going to bother too much with it though since I just wanted to see if it was possable to run things on this laptop.
>>
>>181583150
no I don't care about those consoles. Not to mention it doesn't solve the problem of bandwidth caps from my isp.
>>
>>181583432
I didn't realize you were talking about bandwidth caps.
>>
File: giphy.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
4MB, 480x270px
Can anyone tell me why these ugly screen transitions are happening? Using the HD texture pack version 1.1. Is this a problem with using HD textures in general or can it be avoided?

Link in case the gif isn't loading: https://media.giphy.com/media/Gvbc5Q3oISNPi/giphy.gif
>>
>>181586473
>gif
>in 2017
what is wrong with you
>>
File: Capture2.jpg (178KB, 1142x617px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.jpg
178KB, 1142x617px
Anybody here with a copy of Zelda Wind Waker that could test some stuff for me using the latest Dolphin build and the widescreen Gecko code from
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=The_Legend_of_Zelda:_The_Wind_Waker

I noticed that with the Widescreen hack enabled the game would stutter for around one second every other minute or so, even when the camera is not moving at all and just idling animation going on.

Here is a savegame https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebso69viz0wazq0/01-GZLE-gczelda.gci?dl=0
it goes in "Documents\Dolphin Emulator\GC\USA\Card A"
>>
I'm having trouble trying to figure out these PS1 emulators. ePSXe just crashes, whenever I try to load a game up, and pcsxr just doesn't do anythign when I try to load a game up. I just want to play MGS gosh dammit. I haven't tried Madnefen because I don't really understand it. But this is really annoying. FFVII opens fine in pcsxr, but not my mgs. I dunno what the problem is.
>>
>>181586819
>dual core enabled
kek
>>
>>181586687
It demonstrates the issue pretty clearly. I didn't need anything fancy. In hindsight I should've just used webm, you're right.
>>
>>181586901
Unrelated to the issue.
>>
>>181586819
I played WW with widescreen a couple of months ago. Worked fine for me.
>>
>>181587026
>desyncs video and cpu thread
>unrelated
k
>>
>>181587330
Look retard, issue still happens with just single core.
Go shit up another thread.
>>
File: Winnie_the_Pooback.png (45KB, 786x756px) Image search: [Google]
Winnie_the_Pooback.png
45KB, 786x756px
So the "hack" GLideN64 uses for Winback is actually mimicking the correct ucode behavior, and there's no real solution for the issue because Windback is badly programmed.
>>
>>181589663
>GLideN64
still garbage compared to ParaLLEl.
>>
>>181590568
Not for long
>>
Got a question about Wii VC Neogeo emulation. So i heard that the emulation is pretty solid, but not everything is identical. For example, for the Metal Slug games hitflashes were removed for the bosses (and for later games removed entirely for vehicles etc)

Are there any other neogeo games on wii vc that have stuff altered / removed?
>>
I can't fucking do it. I have been sitting here trying for the last hour, trying to get MGS to work on either ePSXe, or PCSXR. IT just won't fucking work. I don't get it. Everythign other game work fines, every other emulator for any other console works fine. Why are PS1 emulators not working
>>
>>181586864
>ePSXe just crashes, whenever I try to load a game up
Something like that happened for me yesterday when I thought about giving v2.0.5 a try.
It wasn't crashing, but it was freezing from time to time and the screen just remained black.
Going to Options > CPU Overclocking and enabling it at "x1", fixed it.
>>
>>181590568
ParaLLEl is a curious experiment but noone wants to play with it. Games look like poo.
>>
>>181590568
I don't understand why people insist on comparing GLideN64 and ParaLLEl when the latter is basically just a GPU compute version of Angrylion's, and thus has all the same limitations as Angrylion's. There's a place for both. They have very different goals and audiences.
>>
>>181594684
>I don't understand why people insist on comparing GLideN64 and ParaLLEl when the latter is basically just a GPU compute version of Angrylion's
Because GLideN64 shills act like Gonetz is the savior of N64 emulation, as if there aren't more accurate alternatives already.
>>
>>181594780
Accurate and with good performance?
>>
>>181594864
Worse than Jabo's Plugin, I had to mess around with its configuration a lot and even then it's crashing every time I try to go to the Deku Tree in OoT, for example.
GlideN64's only perk in my opinion, it's the texture packs on .htc, that's it.
>>
>>181591587
have you considered clicking File->Open and selecting the game
>>
>>181594864
>Accurate and with good performance?
GLideN64 does not have good performance. Even z64gl outperforms it in some cases. It sure as hell isn't accurate either. The software depth buffer code is very hacky.

Not to mention it still has broken LLE triangles and bugs in games like Killer Instinct that not even Glide64 have. Hell, it can't even run Gauntlet in HLE..
>>
>>181595036
>>181595129
I was asking about ParaLLEI. I doesn't matter how accurate it is, if you need a decacore at 5.0 GHz to run all games at full speed, it's useless.
>>
File: snap.png (70KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
snap.png
70KB, 320x238px
>>181594780
I sure do love playing games like this.
Want accuracy? you already have it, stop whining about GlideN64 and HLE emulation.
>>
>>181595349
The performance varies, but most games are full speed. Part of the problem is that you can only use it on m64p-libretro and since M64p is poorly optimized, the emulator itself wastes CPU.

If you have a good GPU, you should be able to play almost any game. Though I should probably try testing games like Paper Mario, since that's an important game that no hacky HLE plugin works good on.
>>
>>181595580
>m64p-libretro
RetroArch? Really? I'll wait for GlideN64 or even another plugin (dunno, can I have some alternative?)
>>
>>181595036
>Worse than Jabo's Plugin, I had to mess around with its configuration a lot and even then it's crashing every time I try to go to the Deku Tree in OoT, for example.
That sounds like a problem on your end, to be honest. Probably using an old version, or a broken experimental version, or you tampered with settings you weren't supposed to. Also, Jabo's is fast because it is hilariously inaccurate.
>>181594780
>Because GLideN64 shills act like Gonetz is the savior of N64 emulation, as if there aren't more accurate alternatives already.
Name a hardware plugin that is more accurate. And no, Parallel doesn't count because it's literally a software plugin running via Vulkan compute.
>GLideN64 does not have good performance.
Yes it does. Especially with the as-yet unmerged threading improvements that dramatically improve performance on those shit intel GPUs.
>Even z64gl outperforms it in some cases.
z64gl is horrifically inaccurate.
>It sure as hell isn't accurate either. The software depth buffer code is very hacky.
It's not "hacky". It's simply poorly designed. It's literally a placeholder currently. But it gets the job done, and ends up being more accurate than the competition.
>Not to mention it still has broken LLE triangles and bugs in games like Killer Instinct
LLE is not a priority and it will not be a priority anytime soon. GLideN64 is an HLE plugin. That's why development focus has been on reverse engineering ucodes to create accurate HLE implementations.
>Hell, it can't even run Gauntlet in HLE..
Nothing runs Gauntlet in HLE. Glide64 has a hack to make the game boot and it DOESN'T WORK. It's an RSP yielding issue. Emulator's fault, not GLideN64's.
>>
>>181595540
>stop whining about GlideN64 and HLE emulation.
nobody here is whining. I'm just doing my job of letting people know that there are superior alternatives.

crappy HLE plugins are what gave N64 emulation a bad reputation. It's 2017 and they still haven't fixed the subscreen delay in their HLE code. What a joke honestly.
>>
>>181595580
>Though I should probably try testing games like Paper Mario, since that's an important game that no hacky HLE plugin works good on.
Except GLideN64. Which runs it almost perfectly, and much more accurately than Glide64/Rice/Jabo/etc. Only problem is the pause menu delay.
>>
>>181595945
Whatever you say whinny bitch.
>>
>>181595868
>Especially with the as-yet unmerged threading improvements
Tell me more about it anon
>>181595945
>crappy HLE plugins are what gave N64 emulation a bad reputation
I'm sure that still being a plugin based emulator in 2017 does a better job with the bad reputation part. I can't even list one good emulator that is plugin based
>>
>>181595945
>they still haven't fixed the subscreen delay in their HLE code.
Subscreen delay is not an "HLE" issue, per se. It is a hardware rendering issue that stems from the inherent difficulties in synchronizing frame/depth buffers between CPU and GPU, especially when the N64 CPU is capable of writing to the framebuffer without informing the RSP. The only reason plugins like Angrylion's aren't similarly affected is because they render entirely in software.
>>
>N64 autism

Just get an Everdrive or wait another 10 years...
>>
>>181596193
>taking this much offense over someone offering alternatives to buggy donationware
kek
>>
>>181596609
>Buying an overpriced kikedrive
I'd rather buy every N64 game I'm interested in than spend a cent on one of those.
>>
>>181596630
GlideN64 don't even comes bundled with Project64 you retard.
>>
>>181596236
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/pull/1452#issuecomment-309251508

There are some disagreements over threading GL calls because Nvidia GPUs and Linux MESA drivers do this automatically. The only people who will benefit are Windows users running AMD or Intel hardware.
>>
>>181596747
Not that anon, but GlideN64 alone has/had some kind of crowdfunding before those last updates
>>
>>181596787
So there is not a single benefit for NVidia owners?
>>
>>181596856
GLideN64 was crowdfunded for a few months. It was completely unusable for this period, and has been open source forever at this point. Additionally, the plugin it is based on, gln64, is also open source.
>>
>>181596747
>all this fucking mad
I'm not donating :^)
>>
>>181597063
Are you that guy that wanted to have the archive links removed?
>>
>>181596946
Not particularly, but it doesn't make things worse. It's not like GLideN64 has performance issues on Nvidia hardware, anyway.
>>
>>181595868
>Emulator's fault, not GLideN64's.
GLideN64 doesn't even handle yielding for HLE. The emulator core itself isn't stopping the graphics plugin from supporting yielding.. The bigger issue is that none of those GLideN64 contributors currently understand how yielding works. The people who do have good LLE knowledge, won't touch GLideN64 with a 10 foot pole :) .

>Name a hardware plugin that is more accurate.
Depends on the game. Some are more accurate than GLideN64 for some games. I'm not going to waste my time testing every single game to compare a bunch of crappy plugins, m8.

>z64gl is horrifically inaccurate
This is the mentality that holds back progress. Anytime someone else does a better job with performance, people seem to default to "muh-accuracy" meme. Just imagine if maybe z64gl was better written for certain parts, why not try investigating? You could end up porting optimizations if there are any valid ones.

>It's not "hacky". It's simply poorly designed. It's literally a placeholder currently. But it gets the job done, and ends up being more accurate than the competition.
It is hacky because it cuts a lot of corners on the calculation. Why else would it be faster, but less accurate than Angrylion's?

>Yes it does. Especially with the as-yet unmerged threading improvements that dramatically improve performance on those shit intel GPUs.
So instead of improving the poorly optimized code, they decided to just multi-thread it.. Have fun with terrible performance in sync mode, because apparently no one who contributes to GLideN64 cares about real accuracy.

>>181596526
>The only reason plugins like Angrylion's aren't similarly affected is because they render entirely in software.
There's also the fact that Angrylion's calculations are far more accurate. Invalid depth buffer / frame buffer values could cause serious bugs in a game. That's why even z64 (software plugin) has issues in some of these games.
>>
>>181597174
All this talk but no action.
>>
>>181597134
>everyone i don't like is the same person
Explain.
>>
>>181597281
If someone improves your plugin, how much of the patreon money are you sharing with them?
>>
>>181597138
Well, if it's not making the performance worse on NVidia while at the same time is fixing problems for AMD and Intel GPUs I'm all for it.
>Depends on the game
Then you can't prove him wrong. You need at least one case scenario as proof, if you can't list a single one, maybe you really can't name a better alternative at all.
>>
>>181597490
why work on someone else's?
>>
>>181597410
This is real?
>>
>>181597553
Because I don't like you.
>>
All this talk, and all I want is a good N64 emulator that is NOT plugin based
>>
>>181597525
>Then you can't prove him wrong. You need at least one case scenario as proof, if you can't list a single one, maybe you really can't name a better alternative at all.
My point is that GLideN64 hasn't made the other plugins obsolete. Considering it's advancements with depth buffer emulation and other stuff, it probably has a lead overall (still no way to know for sure until someone thoroughly tests every game).

The plugin isn't even good enough to be my default. It has worse performance than Glide64 and imo should only be used if the alternatives are no good. A good example would be Vigilante 8. For instance, why play Mario Kart64 on GLideN64 when Glide64 works fine?

If you can't tell a difference in accuracy, might as well use the faster plugins.
>>
>>181597174
>GLideN64 doesn't even handle yielding for HLE.
That's because HLE yielding requires the plugin specification to be updated.
>The emulator core itself isn't stopping the graphics plugin from supporting yielding.
Yes, it is. The RSP and video plugin specs almost certainly need revising -- which will require Zilmar's approval, BTW. And the mupen64plus team's too, ideally.
>The bigger issue is that none of those GLideN64 contributors currently understand how yielding works. The people who do have good LLE knowledge, won't touch GLideN64 with a 10 foot pole :) .
Does this include Olivieryuyu, the programmer who has done more for N64 microcode reverse engineering in the past 3 months than anyone else has done in the past 20 years?
>This is the mentality that holds back progress. Anytime someone else does a better job with performance, people seem to default to "muh-accuracy" meme. Just imagine if maybe z64gl was better written for certain parts, why not try investigating? You could end up porting optimizations if there are any valid ones.
z64gl's primary performance optimizations are invalid because they conflict with GLideN64's accurate N64 depth feature. (Which allows GLideN64 to emulate stuff like Perfect Dark's bullet holes correctly.)
>So instead of improving the poorly optimized code, they decided to just multi-thread it.
No. Nvidia's Windows drivers have built-in threading capabilities. This is why PCSX2 runs best on Nvidia hardware. AMD/Intel's do not. Because people keep whining about Intel performance in GLideN64, someone thought it would be a good idea to manually implement GL call threading.
>>
>>181597837
>My point is that GLideN64 hasn't made the other plugins obsolete
If that's your point, I agree 100% with you anon
>>
>>181597734
>All this talk, and all I want is a good N64 emulator that is NOT plugin based
Why? Plugin-based design in inherently superior. There's a reason Windows software uses dlls for everything.
>>
>>181597734
but that's exactly how it is on real hardware, silly
why else would people use that design paradigm?
>>
>>181597880
>people keep whining
If you consider bug reports to be "whining", maybe software development just isn't for you.
That's something SP would do.
>>
>>181598142
>claim plugin-based emulators superior
>literally no examples of this being the case ever
>use windows as an example
>windows being superior to anything
kek
>>
>>181597837
>My point is that GLideN64 hasn't made the other plugins obsolete.
We are fast running out of games where GLideN64 doesn't run them best out of all available hardware plugins.
>It has worse performance than Glide64
No, it does not. Glide64's performance goes to absolute shit when framebuffer copies are involved.
> For instance, why play Mario Kart64 on GLideN64 when Glide64 works fine?
Mario Kart 64 does not run fine on Glide64. Turn on framebuffer to RDRAM copies and then tell me how "fine" the plugin is working.
>>
>>181598160
>>181598142
How this has been proved true in emulation? So far the worse emulators I've used in my life are plugin based
>>
>>181598382
>Turn on framebuffer to RDRAM copies
Why?
>>
>>181598234
"Intel iGPU drivers for Windows suck" is not a "bug report". It is a statement of fact.

>>181598332
Who said anything about emulators? Almost all software uses dynamically linked libraries. Our beloved Retroarch is literally a plugin-based emulator.
>>
>>181598332
Imagine giving PCSX2 as example...
>>
>>181598539
>Who said anything about emulators?
Get out.
>>
>>181598459
>doesn't work on my machine
huh
>>
>>181598539
>Our beloved Retroarch
>>
>>181597880
>Does this include Olivieryuyu
good god. You mean that rage quitter? He doesn't even think HLE will work at all for WDC.. These people need to get their act together..

>That's because HLE yielding requires the plugin specification to be updated.
Other methods are still possible. Even the legendary cxd4 says yielding isn't something to worry about.

> more for N64 microcode reverse engineering in the past 3 months than anyone else has done in the past 20 years
It's too soon to be saying that. He did what? 2 revisions (aka minor tweaks) and 1 somewhat unique ucode.. That's insulting to people who put in more work than him (even Musyx was more work). Not that I even took this particular comment seriously.

>Because people keep whining about Intel performance in GLideN64, someone thought it would be a good idea to manually implement GL call threading.
Who? Only thing I saw was complaints about the sync mode performance regression which has been fixed.

> This is why PCSX2 runs best on Nvidia hardware.
I'm not surprised an Nvidia shill would code something that works best on Nvidia :) .

>z64gl's primary performance optimizations
Even still, there might be something that can be ported over.
>>
>>181598620
This is the truth for everyone. N64 emulation is a joke and PCSX2 being the best PS2 emulator makes me want to die faster
>>
>>181598539
>Who said anything about emulators?
The post you replied to, the title of the general, the basis of the current discussion, and almost every post in the thread.

>Retroarch is literally a plugin-based emulator.
Retroarch isn't an emulator, and cores are not even close to comparable to video plugins.
>>
>>181598489
Because they're necessary to render the TV effects in two levels. Accuracy, brah.
>>
>>181598842
>gliden64
>accuracy
kek
>>
>>181598825
>Retroarch isn't an emulator, and cores are not even close to comparable to video plugins.
They're exactly the same thing. And Retroarch is an emulator. That's how dynamically linked libraries work.

The Quake engine switching from static code to DLLs was one of the biggest advantages in engine technology in the 90s, since it allowed for modular design, especially with video renderers.
>>
>>181598382
>No, it does not. Glide64's performance goes to absolute shit when framebuffer copies are involved.
I use frame-buffer notification so this doesn't bother me much. GLideN64's sync mode performance isn't much better Tbh senpai.

No point in wasting performance copying to RDRAM when the game doesn't do anything with it, most of the time.

>We are fast running out of games where GLideN64 doesn't run them best out of all available hardware plugins.
I wish. Can't even play Gauntlet right now senpai..
>>
>>181598937
GLideN64 is the most accurate hardware plugin currently. Only autists deny this.
>I use frame-buffer notification so this doesn't bother me much.
Framebuffer notification is almost completely unsupported by emulators and makes a lot of games crash.
>GLideN64's sync mode performance isn't much better
It is, actually. It's a lot better. Especially since Glide64 has a nasty habit of writing buffers at the wrong size, a problem GLideN64 solved by completely rewriting how buffers are calculated, thus solving emulation issues previously deemed impossible -- such as Body Harvest collision.
>>181599168
>I wish. Can't even play Gauntlet right now.
That's the emulator's fault, though. Not GLideN64.
>>
>>181599142
>They're exactly the same thing.
They're extremely different. One tells an emulator how to output video and nothing else, and the other is an entire program to be run through a front-end.

>And Retroarch is an emulator.
No, it isn't.
>>
>>181599329
>GLideN64 is the most accurate hardware plugin currently.
And it's still shit for accuracy, what's your point?
>autists
Stopped reading there, you clearly have nothing worth saying.
>>
>>181599348
>They're extremely different.
No, they're not.
>One tells an emulator how to output video and nothing else
No, it does not. It's an entire component of the program that is separated into a dynamically linked library. There is zero difference between building software as a self-contained exe and as an exe linked to dlls except that dlls are inherently better because modularity is god.
>>
>>181599453
>And it's still shit for accuracy, what's your point?
Care to explain? GLideN64 is the second most accurate and compatible N64 plugin behind Angrylion's at this point. It's far more accurate than Nintendo's own emulators used for the Wii VC, especially.
>>
>>181597734
>All this talk, and all I want is a good N64 emulator that is NOT plugin based
Tbh the idea of having a plugin-based emulation system is great. It's just unfortunate the way things turned out. It's a good way to make it easier for outsiders to join the project. They get to focus on less code.

What ended up happening is that there were selfish developers who take code from others and still close source their plugins. Then you also had amateur coder(s) who couldn't even write a proper audio plugin and simply blame the plugin spec for any issues it had (regardless of the fact that it didn't work properly on ANY emulator).. This was true for other plugin developers too, where they tried blaming others when it was their fault.. Idk why a lot of coders in the emulation scene try to blame others, i know it's not just the N64 emulation scene.

You can even see here, that someone is blaming the emulator for Gauntlet not working in GLideN64 HLE, instead of blaming the plugin since even other plugins work.
>>
>>181599604
You alone represent everything wrong in the N64 emulation scene
>>
Are .ink files emulators?
>>
>>181599795
The concept it's good, but Project64 is far from ideal even after all those years. And don't even get me started with PCSX2. Being modular is not bad, but so far ALL emulators using plugins are terrible
>>
>>181599604
If you really don't see the difference between the two, I honestly can't help you. I don't think anyone can.
Good luck.
>>
File: 1496738218081.png (937KB, 1300x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1496738218081.png
937KB, 1300x1500px
so now that emuparadise no longer carries nintendo or early capcom games where is the best place to get full no intro rom sets? I keep hearing archive dot org is the best other option but I also keep hearing horror stories of hidden trojans and shit inside of some of the most popular packs on there.
>>
>>181599963
Not, and the guy calling RetroArch an emulator is retarded
>>
>>181600086
READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
>>
>>181599690
>asspull "facts"
>comparing inaccurate hardware renderer to a software renderer
>uhhhhhh its just as good!
>using the virtual console as a baseline
Found your problem(s).
>>
>>181600086
I keep hearing stupid people don't use the links on the wiki
>>
File: untitled.png (357KB, 810x633px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
357KB, 810x633px
>>181591587
>trying to get MGS to work on either ePSXe, or PCSXR.
Working on my machine.

>>181597880
>Because people keep whining about Intel performance in GLideN64, someone thought it would be a good idea to manually implement GL call threading.
I'm glad that happened, might try the latest version that EmuCR has then. Maybe then I won't need to mess around with the configuration to get OoT to run perfectly and not to trash compared to Jabo's Plugin which runs it perfectly by default.
>>
File: fuck_you.gif (1MB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_you.gif
1MB, 315x315px
>>181600086
fuck you nintendo
>>
>>181599795
>You can even see here, that someone is blaming the emulator for Gauntlet not working in GLideN64 HLE, instead of blaming the plugin since even other plugins work.
They don't actually. Glide64 and other HLE plugins use a very nasty hack that skips every second display list. What is happening is that the emulator is caught in a loop because yielding isn't working. The end result is a game that "runs", but flickers like crazy at best. Gonetz rejected the hack because it's "false hope". He wants an accurate solution, which might happen very soon.

https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/pull/1198

>Then you also had amateur coder(s) who couldn't even write a proper audio plugin and simply blame the plugin spec for any issues it had (regardless of the fact that it didn't work properly on ANY emulator).
The problem with audio plugins in the N64 scene was a complete lack of audio specification compliance. It all went to shit when 1964 and PJ64 had audio plugins that were supposedly specification complaint, but didn't in fact work on the other emulator.

The end result was that only video, input, and RSP plugins complied properly with the specification. Granted, 3/4 ain't bad.
>>
>>181600124
How is Retroarch not an emulator, BTW?
>>
>>181453986
any news on mgs4? thats the one ive been waiting for but i never see any mention of it.
>>
>>181600238
>I'm glad that happened, might try the latest version that EmuCR has then.
It hasn't been merged into master yet. It's still being polished.
>>
>>181600448
Dang it.
>>
>>181600269
Stop shilling your plugin, no one cares.
>>
>>181599329
>That's the emulator's fault, though. Not GLideN64.
Yet even Rice Video works...

>>181597880
>The RSP and video plugin specs almost certainly need revising -- which will require Zilmar's approval, BTW. And the mupen64plus team's too, ideally.
THis is what's wrong with the scene. For one, I'm not convinced the spec NEEDS to be changed, but probably should. However, why rely on someone else? If they don't listen, you should take action yourself.

Nothing stopping anyone from forking Project64 and making it great again. There's no need to stick with it.

It's 2017 and neither plugin specs even let plugins know how much RDRAM is enabled.. So instead, each plugin has to have a workaround (usually involves non-portable code) to detect RDRAM size. It especially shows how much of a joke Mupen64Minus is, because they rebelled against zilmar-spec and still manage to fail..
>>
File: anon_is_r.png (334KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
anon_is_r.png
334KB, 1600x900px
>>181600358
>>
>>181600557
>Yet even Rice Video works...
No, it doesn't.
>>
File: 1496738401757.png (574KB, 1050x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496738401757.png
574KB, 1050x1000px
>>181600214
>>181600193
No-Intro Nintendo DS set (2017-02-13). File names are organized by scene release order.
Redump 3DO set (2017-04-04).
Redump PS1 USA set (2016-06-17).
Redump Saturn set (2015-09-13). Includes manuals and magazines.
Redump Dreamcast set (2015-09-20). Missing some games. Includes manuals.
Redump PC-Engine CD/Turbografx CD set (2016-11-06)
TOSEC SegaCD and 32X set Format is .cue, .wav and .iso and therefore may not work with some emulators (bin/cue preferred)
TOSEC 3DO set
Emuparadise Good for No-Intro sets (which require registration). Hosts a lot of bad disc rips with no indication. Avoid the PSX section in particular, because many titles don't work with the standard emulators. (Most Nintendo-published titles have been DMCA'd as of June 2017.)

these are literally the only results for "sets" on the page. I did look before asking, which is all the rules say to do. The only mention of older nintendo sets are with the mention of emuparadise no longer carrying them. So as I had asked before: where is the best place to get those now?
>>
>>181600676
Fuck you Nintendo
>>
>>181600535
I do, since every other emulation solution is pretty much abandoned at this point.
>>
>>181600676
>these are literally the only results for "sets"
How looking for No-Intro if you're looking for No-Intro. Or just quickly looking through the list, there's not that many.
>>
>>181600676
Jesus Christ you're retarded.

>NO ONE HELP THIS FAGGOT<
>>
>>181600578
Retroarch is a front-end for emulators that are literally downloaded and integrated within that front-end. By this logic, ScummVM isn't an emulator, either. Java emulators aren't "emulators", either because they're a front-end attached to a series of separate emulators that in turn handle other emulators and software and media players and all that shit.

The emulators that Retroarch runs are LITERALLY RETROARCH. They are dll files built specifically for Retroarch. We can get pedantic and argue libretro and retroarch are different, but they're not.

This is WINE IS NOT AN EMULATOR-grade semantic wankery.
>>
File: FUCK YOU.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>181600676
>>
>>181600941
Woot Woot here comes the autism train "muh spoonfeeding"

>>181600676
just go to pleasuredome its shit but its there still. truth is emuparadise was the best and there is no other rom site so quality and safe. which is probably why those other faggots couldnt give you a straight answer and had to act like a bunch of redditards instead.
>>
>>181601036
>Retroarch is a front-end for emulators
No, RetroArch is a front-end for the libretro API. The emulators are built for libretro, so RetroArch can run them. Calling RetroArch an emulator is like calling SDL an emulator.
>>
>>181601036
And again you're wrong, ScummVM own definition is different. You're the one being stupid about semantics
>>
>>181600269
>He wants an accurate solution, which might happen very soon.
Jesus christ your optimism is cringeworthy Tbh senpai. Why are you so biased in favor of certain individuals who seem to have issues?

>The problem with audio plugins in the N64 scene was a complete lack of audio specification compliance.
Can't use that as an excuse if it has serious issues on ALL emulators. You can't even use the XA2 plugin without problems when Glide64 is in the plugin directory. Jabo's audio is more stable across the board on different emulators so I see no reason why others can't succeed too.

It's bad coders who often tend to make excuses. Good ones find solutions.

>Gonetz rejected the hack because it's "false hope".
>Cherrypicking hacks...
top kek.
>>
>>181601201
>No, RetroArch is a front-end for the libretro API.
Libretro is Retroarch. It's like saying Tweetdeck isn't Twitter because it "only" uses the Twitter API.
>>
>>181601349
>Libretro is Retroarch.
Nope.
>>
>>181601191
I can think of at least 10 other sites with fullsets from any Nintendo System up to Wii, none of them needs registration. Fuck these lazy assholes and fuck spoonfeeding, this is why retards keep coming back for more
>>
>>181601191
>muh spoonfeeding
You were already told explicitly where to find the information, three times.
After that, you only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>181601272
>And again you're wrong, ScummVM own definition is different.
Wait a minute. They don't decide whether they're an emulator or not. Saying "I'm not an emulator" doesn't magically make you something else. MarathonMan can claim Cen64 is a "simulator" all he wants, but it's still an emulator.
>>
>>181601393
>>Libretro is Retroarch.
>Nope.
How is it not? A front-end IS its API. It begins and ends with its API. Especially when it's an API nobody else uses.
>>
>>181601349
>Libretro is Retroarch
that's like saying Steam is Valve
>>
>>181601696
They don't decide, but their definition is correct, while yours is not. After saying that RetroArch is an emulator you don't have any credit in this discussion anon, I'll not reply to you anymore. Have a good night/day
>>
>>181601786
>A front-end IS its API
Please, just go back.
>>
>>181601786
>part of the program = the whole program
here (You) go
>>
>>181601786
>How is it not?
One is a front-end, the other is an API.
>A front-end IS its API.
Not at all.
>It begins and ends with its API.
Not at all.
>Especially when it's an API nobody else uses.
Arcan, minir, Phoenix, RetroPlayer, ZMZ.

And just because you obviously need it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface
>>
>>181601921
Front-ends don't function without something behind them. Are you seriously going to argue that Citra-QT isn't Citra, or that Citra isn't an emulator next?
>>
>>181600015
>The concept it's good, but Project64 is far from ideal even after all those years.
I agree very much. Progress is stagnant. Plugin developers keep sitting around and blaming plugin spec/others, when they are fully capable of fixing the problem themselves (assuming they aren't mentally handicapped). It's still 32-bit only for the most part, which is just plain awful..

Sad how a lot of sheep just want to stick with status quo. Too scared to lead a coup.. I look forward to the day SP finally realizes that dealing with M64p maintainers (because they aren't really devs) is a complete waste of time and build an N64 emulator from scratch. I will be there to support him, if he ever does this.
>>
>>181601973
You're arguing that SDL is Citra.
>>
>>181601973
Citra-Qt is not Citra. It's a frontend that runs Citra.
Citra is an emulator.
Citra-Qt is not.

I'm just gonna start reporting your posts now, because you're clearly shitposting.
>>
>>181601968
I do want to point out that when people say "Retroarch", they mean "Libretro". When people say, "PC Gaming", they mean "Windows". I think this muddies the waters somewhat. To be really picky, Retroarch is a front-end for the libretro API. But functionally, no layperson cares about the Libretro API, and so they will insist upon referring to the Libretro API by the title of its most popular front-end. The distinction between the two is blurred, but at the end of the day, this is a branding issue. People talk about "Twitter" or "Facebook" even though those are simply front-ends for an API working behind the scenes.

The only people who ever refer to Libretro as anything other than Retroarch are... fans of Retroarch.
>>
>>181601973
>Are you seriously going to argue that Citra-QT isn't Citra?
Y E S
E
S

if you don't get the hint by now, you really need to leave
also, don't go anywhere NEAR programming
>>
>>181602253
>even though i've been proven wrong i'm still right because fuck <thing>
>>
>>181602143
>>181602296
Was Windows 3.1 an Operating System, or merely a front-end for MS DOS?
>>
>>181556678
>>181558659
It's definitely vita. Great d-pad, two sticks if you need em. And yeah, get the original 1k model that has an OLED screen

You'll want to get one with firmware under 3.60, if you can't find one there are some motherboards on ebay for $30 that you can switch with the higher firmware the vita you buy came with
>>
>>181601273
>>Gonetz rejected the hack because it's "false hope".
>>Cherrypicking hacks...
>top kek.
Which hacks in particular? Only one I can think of is the Resident Evil 2 background resizing hack that he wants to replace with a more accurate solution in the near future.
>>
>>181602435
A front end.
>>
>>181602501
Why did he accept a false-hope hack?
>>
>>181602586
What false hope hack? RE2? GLideN64 emulates Resident Evil 2 more accurately than any other hardware plugin. (Glide64 is a mess.) But there was a general purpose solution to the problem that Gonetz hadn't thought of. See the comments of this article.

http://gliden64.blogspot.com/2017/04/resident-evil-2.html

purplemarshmallow has been doing some work with z64gl in order to render overlapping buffers correctly. This is an extremely problematic edge case in N64 emulation primarily affecting poorly coded titles. If Gonetz rewrites the resizing behavior, he'll be able to improve general emulation even further while also solving an edge case with RE2 where the screen garbles for a moment between backgrounds because the plugin is using VI values to calculate width, which is not accurate since width is dynamic.
>>
File: 1499098411904.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1499098411904.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>181601459
this is the part where i call your shit, the only decent options nowadays are private sharing and pleasuredome.
all full sets on archive have trojans. if you disagree you probably have trojans or dont have a full set you retard. do NOT download from popular torrent sites as those are not safe in this day and age. romdepot and emuparadise are both fucked right now. basically you dont know shit and that is why your posts are lacking in anything but redditshit comebacks.

>>181601614
not being able to tell me apart from the person i was "spoon feeding" good riddance ya aussie i cant wait til the sun comes up and drives you lot back.
>>
>>181603292
>if you disagree you probably have trojans
(You)
>>
File: 1496738737637.jpg (156KB, 700x545px) Image search: [Google]
1496738737637.jpg
156KB, 700x545px
>>181601191
Thanks, I had just come back from some BK and I honestly doubted anyone would answer me. I guess I just picked the wrong time of night to ask that kind of question. I sure am glad some people were kind enough to let me inside the Disney vaults so I can play some videogames instead of argue at anons all day.

>>181601459
If you have links or more info I would very much appreciate it. I am looking for NES an SNES mostly. And I really didn't mean to offend everybody so fucking much. I would have asked vr but they didn't have a good emu thread up.
>>
>>181603428
Don't give (You)s to shitposters who can't even find their shift key. They deserve nothing more than an @181603292.
>>
>>181603292
>wunnt me!
>>
>>
>>181602826
It's an inaccurate hack accepted for the sole purpose of making the game playable without actually solving the problem.
It's a false hope hack, same as the one you cried about earlier.

If you're gonna shill, do it right.
>>
>>181603596
If you need help to find fucking ROMs even after reading the wiki, you're not welcome here. We're here to discuss emulation, not to spoonfeed lazy anons
>>
>>181603663
What should we expect next?
>>
>>181602501
>Which hacks in particular?
Subscreen menu in zelda, async mode as default, and it doesn't even skip DLists properly when opening the GUI config..

I haven't bothered to look at the source in a while, but i wouldn't be surprised if there's more.

Oh yea, i forgot about the fact that it's using floating point format for the depth buffer... Which is absolutely haram.
>>
>>181603716
>It's an inaccurate hack accepted for the sole purpose of making the game playable without actually solving the problem.
RE2 is a complicated game. Read the article. API limitations are a huge problem. The way the game renders backgrounds is extremely non-standard. Gonetz decided to use VI_WIDTH, which is exactly the same as background width in 99% of cases. Because he previously rewrote VI_WIDTH calculation to be accurate, GLideN64 doesn't get the background size wrong the way Glide64 did. (Meaning high resolution mode works fine.) It's a really good solution. But it's not perfect because when the game switches between backgrounds, there is a very slight delay during which VI_WIDTH values no longer correspond to background width.

Purplemarshmallow suggested that:

"
I think it can be fixed with shaders. Before copying the texture it might be possible to recalculate it with a shader (from 512x287 to 448x328 for example). But I'm not sure yet if OpenGL allows this".

Gonetz replied:

"The idea with copy buffers and recalculating texel position in copy shader really may work. I did not thought about such possibility."

But of course this isn't a trivial rewrite, and it's on the backburner currently.

>It's a false hope hack, same as the one you cried about earlier.
No, the "false hope" hack literally doesn't work. The game does not work. Period. Seriously, have you ever tried playing Gauntlet Legends with an HLE plugin?
>>
>>181603990
He's currently reverse engineering F-Zero X's ucode to fix the missing lighting in HLE.

From Github: "Gosh, it seems that each ucode used in this game has a customized portion for lights. It is going to be challenging."

Also, he reverse engineered Hey You Pikachu's ucode and has sent the info to Gonetz a few days ago. That game has an issue where its ucode has a custom method of texturing and fog.
>>
>>181600269
>He wants an accurate solution, which might happen very soon.
Only if they get their act together and actually listen to/cooperate with the RSP experts.
>>
>>181604396
I'm hyped for the F-Zero X, but wait a minute, is Hey You Pikachu even playable to begin with?
>>
>>181604221
>Read the article
Nah.
>>
File: 1496732009913.png (89KB, 229x312px) Image search: [Google]
1496732009913.png
89KB, 229x312px
>>181603875
Thank you for expending the time and effort needed to tell me exactly what I already know. I did as I was asked and read the wiki and the wiki did not answer my questions so I asked them. The rom/iso page on the wiki mostly only talks about later gen shit that I don't care about. My ISP won't let me torrent anything. So I cannot do that, and the only mentions of sites I already know are addendummed to say that they no longer host Nintendo games. I was merely looking for some good reccomendations. Oh well I'll just post again tomorrow about the same damn thing until somebody gives me a solid answer, like usual.
>>
>>181604082
>Subscreen menu in zelda
There's reason to suspect this is impossible to fix. Pixel coverage emulation in hardware is unlikely to happen.
>async mode as default
It's an excellent speedup with minimal accuracy impact. You may as well complain that Dolphin doesn't default to sending buffers to RAM.
>Oh yea, i forgot about the fact that it's using floating point format for the depth buffer... Which is absolutely haram.
I believe it uses floats for the largely unused hardware depth buffer, which used floats because his original integer-based system refused to work for some reason. If someone wanted to convert to integer, there's nothing stopping them.
>>
>>181604671
>the wiki did not answer my questions
It does.
>Oh well I'll just post again tomorrow about the same damn thing until somebody gives me a solid answer, like usual.
You'll get the same response. There's a reason READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE: >Where do I get games is copypasted 5 times.
>>
>>181604671
>My ISP won't let me torrent anything
It's your problem, solve it yourself
>I was merely looking for some good reccomendations
I recommend that you go fuck yourself
>Oh well I'll just post again tomorrow about the same damn thing until somebody gives me a solid answer, like usual
Don't worry, for sure someone will be around to call you on your laziness
>>
>>181604827
>There's reason to suspect this is impossible to fix
Virtual Console does it.
>>
>>181604532
>but wait a minute, is Hey You Pikachu even playable to begin with?
With a hardware adapter, yes. And there's an HLE implementation of the VMU that has been in development for some time, but is making slow progress.
>>
>>181604847
>>181604864
https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/6klxtb/alternatives_to_emuparadise/
wow a google search in the direction of the competition and i am literally already downloading this shit. thanks vg for being actually worse than reddit in 2017
>>
>>181421773
>byuu dieing of cancer
I know you post here alegend45.
You are legitimately a massive faggot.
I have never seen you contribute anything to any conversation.

Also stop trying to post on Reddit like it's 4chan. All it does is make you look like you're an even bigger faggot.
>>
>>181604986
so go back
>>
>>181604946
Highly doubtful. Wii VC is riddled with hacks. Unless Wii VC can emulate something like "pen and ink mode" or N64-style anti-aliasing, there's no reason to think it correctly handles N64 pixel coverage.
>>
>>181605005
Go back to whatever cp site you tabbed out of, byuu.
>>
>>181604986
You're still a retarded, go there and stay there
>>
>>181605131
>Highly doubtful.
Ya know, except it works.
>Wii VC is riddled with hacks.
Which is different from how you fix RE2 how?
>>
>>181605053
>>181605171
I got what I wanted "ur a retard get out of our seekrit klub" fuck off. why do you hold allegiance to a fucking website im going to bed because as you can see i am out of kirby images.
>>
Every time I open a Saturn game with mednafen, it asks me for the language/date before initiating the game. I've tried dozens of games. Is this how the console operates? How do I skip this?
>>
>>181605332
Gtfo fag
>>
@181604986
>WHERE DO I GET GAMES
>go read the wiki
>WHERE DO I GET GAMES
>go. read. the wiki.
>WOW A SIMPLE GOOGLE SEARCH AND I FOUND MY GAMES. WOW /vg/ YOU'RE FUCKING HORRIBLE
you don't even deserve a (You)
>>
>>181605210
>Ya know, except it works.
It would work in GLideN64, too, if you cleared the buffer with pixels matching the colour that the game expects. That's how the buffer clear works for OoT.
>Which is different from how you fix RE2 how?
Maybe because GLideN64's solution isn't actually "inaccurate", per se. It works with every version of RE2 regardless of buffer sizes. That why High Resolution mode works perfectly. It's very much a general purpose solution, but it could be better. And it will be better in due time. Compare this to Pokemon Snap, where Wii VC has a super hacky implementation of the camera where it only grabs a specific set of pixels hardcoded specifically for that game.
>>
>>181605383
I've never seen this screen before (or maybe one time, can't remeber now). You're using a build downloaded from the official site and the correct BIOS ?
>>
>>181605513
RA, not sure what BIOS but probably correct since I got it from the link on the wiki.
>>
>>181605475
>isn't actually "inaccurate", per se.
haha
If you think I'm gonna continue reading after that, you're dumber than you sound.
>>
>>181605682
Ooooh, I use the standalone Mednafen, whatever problem you have, it's RetroArch fault
>>
Is Bayonetta 2 playable? GPU: 980 CPU: Phenom II X4 965...I know, I'm bottlenecking.

Are Wonderful 101 and BotW playable enough?
>>
>>181604827
>There's reason to suspect this is impossible to fix. Pixel coverage emulation in hardware is unlikely to happen.
Yet it works in ParaLLEl. Odd how people say GLideN64 is the 2nd most accurate plugin.

>You may as well complain that Dolphin doesn't default to sending buffers to RAM.
I would, if they pretend to be all for accuracy and against hacks. I think they are phony, but I never interact with Dolphin people. I'm disappointed in Dolphin for not having a decent software renderer at all.

>It's an excellent speedup with minimal accuracy impact.
I'd rather do full blown hacks than go half-way and arbitrarily nitpick. For example, frame-buffer notification with partial FB copies would be superior to async in typical cases.

>I believe it uses floats for the largely unused hardware depth buffer
The HLE microcode implementation uses also floating point instead of fixed point. That probably explains why there might be some subtle differences between HLE and LLE in some games. I don't mind sometimes sacrificing accuracy, but it really bugs me when people act like there are no problems remaining in certain things.
>>
>>181605820
I'll try standalone tomorrow to see what's up, thanks.
>>
>>181606135
It's really simple, drop the bios on the main folder and drag the game into the mednafen.exe. If runs, it's RA fault
>>
>>181605695
The background resize technique is quite accurate, and mimics N64 behavior essentially perfectly. The only shortcoming is that when the game swaps backgrounds, which are of random sizes, there can sometimes be garbage onscreen for a split second. So a different method should be used.
>>
>>181606052
>Yet it works in ParaLLEl.
Which is a software plugin. It can do anything Angrylion's can do because functionally it is pretty much exactly the same as Angrylion's.
> For example, frame-buffer notification with partial FB copies would be superior to async in typical cases.
This has proven unreliable. Rareware games like Banjo shit themselves.
>>
>>181606547
>Rareware games like Banjo shit themselves.
How? Kazooie seemed fine to me, although i didn't play that much. Puzzle pieces seemed fine in intro when using z64gl.

>Which is a software plugin.
Not really. It still has to transfer VRAM to RDRAM. Can't OGL 4.3 support compute shaders as well?
>>
>>181606856
>Not really. It still has to transfer VRAM to RDRAM.
Citation? I am 99% sure Parallel is using one set of buffers (frame/depth), not two.
>>
>>181606968
>asks for a citation after shitting up the entire thread with asspulls and shilling for hours
>>
>>181607184
>>asks for a citation after citing basically everything so far.
>>
>>181607231
You've cited nothing. You even attempted to argue that retroarch was an emulator and that plugin-based emulators were superior.
You've no credibility and everyone's already labeled you a shitposter.

Put on a trip so we can filter you.
>>
>>181607347
Somebody seems salty.

>plugin-based emulators were superior.
This is true, though? There's a huge overlap between decrying plugins and being an uninformed Dolphin fanboy.
>>
>>181605938
"phenom ii x4 965 cemu" on Youtube filtered by upload date.
>>
>>181607508
Give an example of a plugin-based emulator that isn't garbage.

>salty
>fanboy
Where's that trip?
>>
>>181607508
Gtfo fag
>>
File: R1fdEt3.gif (2MB, 385x215px) Image search: [Google]
R1fdEt3.gif
2MB, 385x215px
>>181607347
>>
>>181606968
>Citation? I am 99% sure Parallel is using one set of buffers (frame/depth), not two.
https://github.com/libretro/parallel-n64/blob/5b86c3eb2011cad77b87b48bfdac81e632ade0ad/mupen64plus-video-paraLLEl/rdp/rdp.hpp#L115

FYI, without sync mode, the sub-screen menu doesn't work in ParaLLEl.
>>
>>181607618
>Give an example of a plugin-based emulator that isn't garbage.
Cemu.
>>
>>181607740
Cemu isn't plugin-based.
>>
>>181607708
I see, thank you very much.
>>
>>181607763
H264 decoding is provided by a third party plugin. It doesn't officially use plugins, but everyone playing BotW uses one.
>>
>>181607983
>It doesn't officially use plugins
Yeah, it's not a plugin-based emulator.
If your only example is a technicality, I'm going to have to redirect you to the "Name" field just above the reply box. Please use it.
>>
>>181608082
Plugins are dlls. Any emulator whose functionality can be expanded via dlls is, if not "plugin-based", is at least "plugin supporting". However, it just so happens that Windows software generally accepts dll hooking whether the devs intended or not.

Arguing that an emulator which uses plugins for key functionality is not "plugin-based" is stretching. Where do we draw the line?
>>
>>181608250
>trying to rewrite the definition of emulator plugins
Tripcode, please.
>>
>>181608250
>arguing semantics with autistic retards
>>
>>181608250
Stop talking shit, ffs
>>
>>181608306
>trying to re-write definitions that existed before vidya emulators
>>
>>181608391
Rev up that tripcode, cuz I am sure ready to filter it.
>>
>>181608250
>Where do we draw the line?
Around your neck
>>
File: wtf2.jpg (82KB, 593x510px) Image search: [Google]
wtf2.jpg
82KB, 593x510px
>HLE
>2017
>>
>>181609105
Go ahead and show a hardware capable of LLE any recent console
>>
>>181609105
Why are you back again? Permanently fuck off already
>>
>>181609105
>>181610428
I think people get waaaay too caught up on HLE vs LLE. Most emulators are hybrids. For example, RPCS3 is primarily HLE, but it uses a genuine PS3 firmware. Large portions are not HLE, at least yet. This bizarre purism is puzzling, and I honestly think most people don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>181612014
I know, but >>181609105 is just shitposting for a long time now
>>
>>181612014

The emus worth anything are primarily LLE with only modest HLE elements. For a system like N64, we should NOT be doing HLE. HLE is only permissible with a modern complex system that it far too much to ever run normally.
>>
>>181612353
>The emus worth anything are primarily LLE with only modest HLE elements.
Such as?

>For a system like N64, we should NOT be doing HLE.

Why not? Also, N64 emulators are primarily LLE.

>HLE is only permissible with a modern complex system that it far too much to ever run normally.

Take Dolphin. Unlike the N64, the Gamecube/Wii does not, as I understand it, have a programmable GPU. It does, however, feature a programmable sound chip. What this means is that video emulation is "LLE" while audio emulation is either HLE or LLE. Interestingly, N64 HLE audio never really took off, although bsmiles did some fantastic work reverse engineering Factor 5 ucodes for mupen64plus. The N64 architecture meant that its audio was never particularly demanding in LLE. The Gamecube/Wii were another story. LLE audio processing was significantly expensive, so HLE with reverse engineered audio microcodes became the defacto standard. Basically nobody uses LLE audio in Dolphin because the performance hit isn't worth it. All accuracy issues have been resolved, too, AFAIK.
>>
>>181612792
>Interestingly, N64 HLE audio never really took off,
wut? are you forgetting about azimer's audio and 1964 audio?
>>
>it's a /emugen/ pretends they no shit about programming in the emulation scene when they haven't contributed a single thing episode
>>
>>181614083
>implying most devs don't come here just to shit on random anons for fun, because I only need to show my work on my repo anyway...
>>
>>181613595
>wut? are you forgetting about azimer's audio and 1964 audio?
Not at all. Azimer's itself never took off. It kinda flip-flopped between HLE and LLE for a few years. Part of the problem is that Project 64 defaults to LLE audio, and this became the norm. 1964 is... well, it's for 1964. 1964 was a great emulation that never found traction. The reality of N64 emulation is that Project 64 became the standard as everyone else sadly sank into obscurity or flailed around on a frantic, "You know what common people want? An emulator with no GUI and no compliance with existing plugin specifications! Mupen64plus!" The most telling indicator of this is how the utterly shit Jabo's audio has persisted as PJ64's default for so long.
>>
will there be acceptable n64 emulation in our lifetime?
>>
I'm trying Mednafen 32bit on my AMD E300 APU, 2GB RAM laptop, and it's really slow. I remember it ran ePSXe flawlessly, is it my hardware or a software problem?
>>
File: 1498978495909.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1498978495909.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>181615579

Yes, your CPU is too weak.
>>
>>181615579
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT
>>
>>181615662
Damn.

>>181616130
Cause I'm stuck at my parents' house for a while and that's the only hardware they have.
>>
>>181609105
>she sees your dick
>>
File: Club_SpongeBob_27.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Club_SpongeBob_27.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>181615526
Maybe someday
>>
>>181608082
>Yeah, it's not a plugin-based emulator.
the h264 decoder is literally a plugin you retard
>>
>>181618227
You're special, aren't you?
>>
>>181618279
>no u
sure showed me
>>
File: Steam_2017-07-04_11-02-58.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Steam_2017-07-04_11-02-58.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
God damn this shit is comfy. Why did I never try emulation before? What are you guys emulating now?
>>
>>181625208
>Steam
>comfy
Regarding your question, I'm in the middle of replaying Kid Icarus.
>>
>>181630426
It's comfy when you can use a steam link to stream these vidya to a 65inch tv
>>
>new AVGN video
>spends a full minute whining about wobbly walls in a PS1 game
this is why you don't take all these retro cucks seriously. They don't know the first thing when it comes to their systems but will spend an arm and leg to hoard them and buy any overpriced new gimmick that gets released.
>>
>>181614356
>The most telling indicator of this is how the utterly shit Jabo's audio has persisted as PJ64's default for so long.
It's not like Mupen64Minus had good audio.. The real reason people tend to prefer M64p is because of the adware history.
>>
>>181581695
>You can store romsets for all cart-based systems and not fill even half of a modern hard drive
>You need to buy a whole drive just to store the PSX set

really makes you think
>>
>>181597630
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/3yy5e8/vgturtle127_has_nda_docs/
>>
>>181596630
>>181596747
>>181596856
>>181597035
LOL he's still crowdfunding! Claims HLEing 1 microcode will take 3 months and is asking for 500$. Just wow...
>>
>>181632924
>You can store romsets for all cart-based systems and not fill even half of a modern hard drive
depends on which carts you are talking about.
I doubt you could store all 3ds carts on 1TB
>>
File: debilitating.jpg (164KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
debilitating.jpg
164KB, 820x820px
>>181597630
>>181633046

http://web.archive.org/web/20160412180707/https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/4dyy1b/hello_everybody_turtle_here/
>>
>>181633149
Do it yourself or keep bitching.
>>
Is DS4windows the best way to get a ps4 controller working on pc?
>>
>>181633149
>Claims HLEing 1 microcode will take 3 months and is asking for 500$.
considering how it hasn't been done for over a decade now, what exactly is wrong with that claim?
>>
>>181614083
>pretends they no shit
>no
>>
>>181635236
>Do it yourself or keep bitching.
You clearly missed the mark, m8.

>considering how it hasn't been done for over a decade now, what exactly is wrong with that claim?
It's like paying overtime to some noob coder. An RSP expert could easily finish in less than a month.
>>
>>181635236
>keep bitching
Okay.
>>
>>181636882
Don't forget to put on a skirt and lipstick.
>>
>>181636858
Everytime some n64 convo starts some faggot(you) come and complains about HLE when you have 4 or 5 LLE plugins already.
No one cares if you hate HLE, bud.
>>
>>181636969
Why would I do that? I'm not developing anything.
Stop trying so hard to fit in.
>>
>>181637183
a bitch once a bitch for life.
>>
>>181637257
We can see that, why are you telling us?
>>
>>181637436
us?
You're alone in this.
>>
>>181637079
>No one cares if you hate HLE, bud.
Nice job moving the goal post. There's nothing wrong with HLE when it's done right. THat just isn't the case. They can't even bother to use fixed point arithmetic like they're supposed to.

>Everytime some n64 convo starts some faggot(you) come and complains about HLE when you have 4 or 5 LLE plugins already.
The same guy shilling GLideN64 HLE, used to wish for LLE too.

If he didn't make a campaign, I wouldn't have even mentioned this. They couldn't care less to collaborate RSP experts but they can ask for money baka.. Priorities not even once.
>>
>>181637513
Then do it yourself, why do you think we care to listen to your incessant babbling.
At least go complain to the people working on GlideN64.
>>
>>181637682
>why do you think we care
Speak for yourself kid

>Then do it yourself
Still wouldn't stop cucks from donating to this moneygrab campaign. I just find it funny to see this new campaign after seeing a previous post here, calling it donationware. To think it's still continuing LOL!

>At least go complain to the people working on GlideN64.
Not even complaining. Just pointing out how things currently are. You should know better than to give such poor advice. Not like some "drama queen" is going to listen..

> incessant babbling
Oh look, the resident GLideN64 shill is getting upset :) .
>>
I don't get what's so hard about reversing the ucode again? I mean, they already have the Angrylion plugin which is 99% accurate so they can easily trace the execution without resorting to testing on real hardware? It's like reversing a custom cpu or a virtual machine, isn't it?
>>
>>181638090
No one cares.
There's no GlidenN64 shill, it's all in your little head, this imaginary campaign against HLE.
>>
>>181638205
>There's no GlidenN64 shill
>several hours of "use gn64 goyim"
Sure thing.
>>
>>181638337
Go use Parallel, problem solved, you can now end your war against HLE.
>>
>>181638147
>I don't get what's so hard about reversing the ucode again?
It's not hard at all. The only downside is that it requires more time than LLE.
Anyone telling you otherwise has no clue what they are talking about. Earlier in this page, some "brilliant" individual claimed that you need to run HLE to reverse engineer microcode LOL. When all you have to do is run the game in LLE and dump the microcode. Some guy already dumped the microcode for several games.. So all that needs to be done, is reading and analyzing the dumps.

>>181638205
>There's no GlidenN64 shill
Ok I'll entertain the idea of the possibility you aren't trolling. Please explain why you're not concerned about the poor decisions they are making. They could progress more quickly without any donations, if they had better attitude/social skills. Is that not a legitimate concern to have?
>>
>>181636858
>An RSP expert could easily finish in less than a month
Then why hasn't one done it already?
>>
lmao gonetz ran out of jewfunds

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/star-wars-rogue-squadron-high-level-emulation#/
>>
>>181635962
Yep.
>>
>>181638752
>When all you have to do is run the game in LLE and dump the microcode.
Cool, do it today.
>>
>>181638752
>if they had better attitude/social skills

what makes you think this is a case of GlideN64 being the problem and not just a case of "RDP" experts simply not wanting to work on it?
Can you name 5 RDP expert that still work on N64 emulation at the current time?
>>
>>181638958
>Can you name 5 RDP expert that still work on N64 emulation at the current time?
Thats 5 more than the number of "experts" that have even touched N64 emulation since its inception.
Its probably SP getting buttmad because gonetz didn't work on libretro.
>>
>>181638815
>It is not price for completion of this task...It is motivation bonus

At least he's honest
>>
>>181638897
>Cool, do it today.
You're funny m8. It was already done by someone else.

>>181638798
>Then why hasn't one done it already?
Possibly because their help gets/got rejected..

>>181638958
>what makes you think this is a case of GlideN64 being the problem and not just a case of "RDP" experts simply not wanting to work on it?
>Can you name 5 RDP expert that still work on N64 emulation at the current time?
According to Gonetz, HLE gfx = HLE RSP + LLE RDP. Which means that they just need help from RSP experts, not necessarily RDP experts. There are 3 RSP experts alone in the PJ64 team. 1 microcode doesn't require 5 experts anyway. 1 or 2 should suffice.

>>181639264
>Thats 5 more than the number of "experts" that have even touched N64 emulation since its inception.
Who's a real expert then?
>>
>>181639545
So all RSP experts are already working on PJ64.
Can you name RSP experts that could fix GlideN64?
>>
>>181639545
>Possibly because their help gets/got rejected..
Its an open source project on github you retard
Forking it is literally a mouse click.
>>
>>181639653
>Can you name RSP experts that could fix GlideN64?
Any of them could help with HLEing microcode.. In fact I'm sure they've already attempted to help. Things just didn't turn out so well due to unnecessary BS.
>>
>>181639778
exactly who are you talking about?
>>
>>181639545
>There are 3 RSP experts alone in the PJ64 team
Who?
The only one who has been contributing to PJ64 since mid 2016 is zilmar.

>Who's a real expert then?
You're the one touting your "experts" but haven't even bothered to name them.
There is no such thing as a technical whiz who can just step in and wave a magic wand to create code out of nothing.
>>
>>181639829
>exactly who are you talking about?
One incident I have in mind, is the github thread about WDC. Instead of asking questions for clarification, people resorted to being all negative and the guy ended up quitting lol..

Imagine if you were that guy who tried to help and was treated that way, would you honestly even bother anymore? You have to realize that sometimes, this unnecessary drama hinders progress.

>>181639976
>You're the one touting your "experts" but haven't even bothered to name them.
Did i really need to elaborate, when I said 3 experts on the PJ64 team? Even zilmar wants to HLE the remaining games. He's just not convinced people care enough about it, so he put it off. If people offered him 500$, i'd bet good money he'd do it asap. Not saying they should have to donate to him. I think they should just cooperate together instead of wasting months due to refusing to cooperate..

>There is no such thing as a technical whiz who can just step in and wave a magic wand to create code out of nothing.
Anyone who has worked on a RSP is capable of HLEing. You realize that "ucodes" are just RSP assembly code?
>>
>>181640524
I'm asking for names.
Who are the experts.
>>
>>181640524
>Did i really need to elaborate, when I said 3 experts on the PJ64 team
considering PJ64 doesn't even have 3 contributors right now, yeah.

>Even zilmar wants to HLE the remaining games. He's just not convinced people care enough about it, so he put it off
More like he doesn't know how to do anything and has been making excuses for his incompetence for the past year. There is a reason that he is the only remaining contributor on that trainwreck.
>If people offered him 500$, i'd bet good money he'd do it asap
He is taking in Patreon bux on top of selling his unfinished turd on the play store.
>>
how do i get an arcade stick to work with mame RA? it's recognized on RA but not on mame's internal joystick config
>>
>>181631532
Well you can't expect a man who is shitting on bad games for internet videos to read up about the PS1s Jittering.
Fucking lighten up faggot.
>>
>>181641818
Consider he has a video game collection more expensive than his house you would think he would know basic shit about the PS1.
Its like some retro poseur complaining about the sprite flickering or resolution limitations of the NES.
>>
>>181640718
>More like he doesn't know how to do anything and has been making excuses for his incompetence for the past year.
>calling zilmar incompetent when even GLideN64 uses some of his code.
stop being so pathetic. if i thought a guy was incompetent, I wouldn't use his code at all..

>He is taking in Patreon bux on top of selling his unfinished turd on the play store.
and? Do you forget that Gonetz attempted patreon but quit because he couldn't succeed at getting donations?

>>181640562
>I'm asking for names.
>Who are the experts.
zilmar, cxd4, legendofdragoon
>>
So since playing BOTW on CEMU would pretty much cost me as much as a goddamn Switch (and that's considering that they're out of stock and the minimum price here is 400€) should I consider grabbing an used Wii U?
>>
Where would N64 emulation be today without Oman? Would it be far superior as the emudevs would have to actually RE and do lots of hardware tests, instead of just reading source code?
>>
>>181642159
>if i thought a guy was incompetent, I wouldn't use his code at all
I am not the one coding N64 plugins m8. The fact you think zilmar is an expert is pretty amusing.
>>
>>181642159
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>181642159
>zilmar, cxd4, legendofdragoon
Neither cxd4 nor legendofdragoon have contributed to PJ64 in the last year and the only thing zilmar is an expert of is fleecing gullible goyim.
>>
>>181642310
>Would it be far superior as the emudevs would have to actually RE and do lots of hardware tests, instead of just reading source code?
Implying other emudevs don't do the same. Just LOL. Some devs do make lots of hardware tests. There's a reason Angrylion made far more progress than MAME.

>>181642531
>Neither cxd4 nor legendofdragoon have contributed to PJ64
Have you been in a coma or something?

> the only thing zilmar is an expert of is fleecing gullible goyim.
yet he managed to make floating point code more accurate. Mupen64Minus is still behind in that department.

>>181642341
>I am not the one coding N64 plugins m8.
Why use their product?
>>
So with all this talk about N64 emulation, surely you guys know what's the best way to emulate n64, right?

I have an itch for overrated of time
>>
>>181642072
It's planet of the apes dude. Hardly worth even posting about. Jittering in most PS1 games is a "small" issue, but in some very shit ones like Planet of the apes the PS1 goes in to so much jitter.
As to why he does not know about it, my guess is that he does not care and only mentioned it because of it's blatent problem in planet of the apes for a cheep laugh.
>>
>>181643192
Glupen64
>>
>>181643192
ultrahle
>>
>>181643192
You use whatever plugin works best for whatever game you'want to play.
>>
>>181643192
Project 64 with base plugins on a Alienware laptop from 10 years ago that has roaches inside. and a trackball controller to go with it.
>>
>>181642974
>Have you been in a coma or something?
Maybe next time actually read the full sentence you autistic retard
You sound like someone who has a vested interest in this shit.
>yet he managed to make floating point code more accurate. Mupen64Minus is still behind in that department.
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

>>181643192
Get either PJ64 and juggle between plugins until you get desired result. N64 emulation is a huge mess with audio emulation being completely fucked and needing a beast of a PC to run the software plugin.
>>
>>181643445
Is an i5 4460 and a 280x not enough for that though?

Oh well maybe I'll deal with project64
>>
>>181643662
>Is an i5 4460 and a 280x not enough for that though?
its a software plugin. Video card has no relevance to it.
Even a 4460 would struggle running some games on it at full speed and even then that isn't going to solve the piss poor sound emulation.
>>
>>181643860
Man sometimes I feel like just grabbing an actual n64. How did this console get so difficult to emulate over the years and yet have emulators coming out pretty early on for it is something I have a hard time understanding. I remember emulating shit on a pentium 3.
>>
>>181643445
>Maybe next time actually read the full sentence you autistic retard
https://github.com/project64/project64/commits/master
:) .

>Do you have a single fact to back that up?
Yea it's called checking the commit history. https://github.com/project64/project64/commits/master?after=e541998629c4df446b61fffcfb1d372c0ece1dcd+104

Zilmar's not incompetent. He just has different priorities due to trying to appeal to users who are willing to donate. If more people spoke up and raised awareness for more important issues, I'm sure the project would become better sooner. He doesn't fully know what he should do and hardly anyone is reaching out to him. Instead you have all these unproductive people just bashing him, without providing any real solutions.

>>181644106
>How did this console get so difficult to emulate over the years and yet have emulators coming out pretty early on for it is something I have a hard time understanding
Because of unnecessary drama, people shilling the wrong stuff, and people not supporting the right devs.
>>
>>181644757
>people not supporting the right devs.

Like?
>>
>>181644976
>Like?
One example is TinyTiger. He did good work, yet only a few people helped him. He wasn't charging ridiculous amounts of money for tasks that should take 1-2 weeks at most.

People pretend his work doesn't exist and they insist GLideN64 is #2 in accuracy when it didn't even fix the subscreen delay.. That's an insult Tbh senpai.

I don't blame any dev for quitting / putting N64 emulation on low priority due to the toxicity in the scene. People tried to help GLideN64 and basically were turned away.

To ask for money while refusing to collaborate with more knowledgeable people is just plain absurd.
>>
>>181646012
>TinyTiger
Well he's not paying me to support him, that's his problem now isn't it?
>>
>>181646012
>paraLLEl

Into the trash it goes.
LLE and HLE are two completely different projects.and shouldn't be compared at all.
LLE is only useful for preservation purposes and completely useless for actual gaming unless you wan to play at a resolution 320x240 with a 1080p(minimum) monitor.
Which at this case might as well use a real Nintendo 64 console.
>>
>>181646012
>TinyTiger
He doesn't exist. It's hard to help someone who make secret identity just to release some N64 plugin.
>>
>>181646443
>it's useful because it's too accurate :(
>these mental gymnastics
Unironically kill yourself.
>>
>>181647234
Read your post again, you're having a lapse.
>>
There any sense to adding no intro sets if you already have a good tools one?

No intro should be smaller and less tedious sorting through things, right? Granted I already did that for the ones I have.
>>
>>181646443
HLEing a 20 year old console is useless, unless you're using a toaster.

> and completely useless for actual gaming unless you wan to play at a resolution 320x240 with a 1080p(minimum) monitor.
Yet GLideN64 doesn't even use hi-res Framebuffer for stuff like Mario Kart jumbotron... 2D games still look awful as well..

>LLE and HLE are two completely different projects.and shouldn't be compared at all.
Oh boy you can use per-pixel lighting which is broken on several games! Top kek m8.

>>181646627
>It's hard to help someone who make secret identity
How much do you know about other devs? Do you even know their real names?
>>
>>181647408
>i see you made a typo so my invalid argument still stands :^)
>>
File: Mario Tennis (USA)-170704-145132.png (841KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mario Tennis (USA)-170704-145132.png
841KB, 1440x1080px
>>181648030
As opposed to this?
>>181648173
Not just a typo but you completely omitted sentences, clearly indicating you're delusional, with your imaginary N64 emulation experts.
>>
>>181648439
>sentences
Nope, omitted a word.
If you can't figure out which word, you might as well give up on life.
>>
>>181648439
>with your imaginary N64 emulation experts.
Lol wut? Not the same guy..
>>
Such usefulness.
>>
There is a redump of the OG XBox games?
>>
File: shynyuanssoftgraphics.png (68KB, 364x214px) Image search: [Google]
shynyuanssoftgraphics.png
68KB, 364x214px
but hey at least it works right in shynyuan's softgraphics 1.5.0
>>
>>181648931
>n64 emulation is bad so fund my further inaccurate plugin
No.
>>
>>181649447
LOL! tfw even Shunyuan's plugin is more accurate than GLideN64...
>>
File: GLideN64_Resident_Evil_II_000.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GLideN64_Resident_Evil_II_000.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
hey it works on master GlideN64 too.
Poor little Pararell.
>>
>>181649661
>use software rendering
>or use buggy donationware
Hmmmmm...
>>
>>181649790
Good to have alternatives, isn't? unless its >>181648931 completely unusable.
>>
>>181649910
>>181649447
really makes you thinking emoji
>>
>>181646228
TINYTIGER IS THEMAISTER
TINYTIGER IS THEMAISTER
TINYTIGER IS THEMAISTER
TINYTIGER IS THEMAISTER
TINYTIGER IS THEMAISTER
>>
>>181650072
k
>>
>>181650072
proof?

>>181649661
>hey it works on master GlideN64
If you're going to cherry pick, at least do it right. RE2 still has issues in GLideN64..

Meanwhile, GLideN64 doesn't even handle Killer Instinct as well as Glide64. Nevermind the LLE triangle issue that Gonetz doesn't have the skills to fix. Yet you continue to make excuses for them, while criticizing other devs who don't pander to your wishes.
>>
>>181615579
>1.3GHz
holy fuck
>>
>>181650264
>while criticizing other devs who don't pander to your wishes.

The irony and arrogance of this guy..
>>
>>181650362
So nothing else then?
>>
And here we go again...
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/star-wars-rogue-squadron-high-level-emulation#/
>>
>>181650264
>proof?
You are just some clueless fag, I guess.
>>
>>181650659
>more donation scumming
The scene is dead.
>>
>>181650659
This has been posted like 3 or 4 times already.
>>
>>181650659
see >>181638815
>>
>>181650761
>nobody does things for free anymore.
The scene never paid the rent.

(or for a ps4 and tv)
>>
>>181650978
gonetz ruined everything
>>
>>181650761
Donation to make a single game work is really ridiculous (makes you wonder why people still donate for Cemu).
>>181650780
>>181650856
Sorry, I didn't see it before. But yet, while I'm not paying, I'll still enjoy a more complete plugin in the future, so go ahead anons, donate to make it possible for me
>>
>>181651124
>Donation to make a single game work is really ridiculous

A game that has a much better version already available for PC mind you
>>
>>181651106
Or did everything ruin gonetz?
>>
>>181651253
Plugin based emulation at it's best right there
Next we should be praising PCSX2
>>
>>181651285
>he dindunuffin!
>>
>>181651369
Well he has not done anything yet. He wants you to pay him first. Fair deal least what i see.
>>
>>181650362
>arrogance
I think you need to read a dictionary.

I don't go around bashing devs who have more skill than people I praise. You act like the GLideN64 team are the best experts in the scene, despite the fact that none of them even have significant LLE experience. Gonetz does not have much knowledge with LLE RDP or RSP. I'm speaking from an objective standpoint.

>>181651124
>Donation to make a single game work is really ridiculous (makes you wonder why people still donate for Cemu).
To add insult to injury, these same devs refuse to work with more knowledgeable people who would speed up progress faster if they worked together. So in other words, due to attitude/social problems they would rather grab money instead of making progress faster without any donations.
>>
I only play roms with intros
fuck no-intro
>>
>>181651614
>You act like the GLideN64 team are the best experts in the scene,

Almost all the current "N64 Scene" is involved in GliedN64.
If you're going to go naming "LLE expert you need to drop names so we know who you be talking about, for all we know those LLE experts you talk are just in your head.
>>
>>181651614
Really|? This makes me hate N64 emulation even more. I'll probably die before any good Nintendo64 emulator shows up
>>
>>181651873
>they're not doing what I want so they don't exist!
Stop shilling and go back to your safespace donation blog.
>>
>>181652131
give us the names pajeet.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>181651850
>Is that a banana in
>you pocket,
>or are you just happy
>to see us?
>>
>>181651873
>Almost all the current "N64 Scene" is involved in GliedN64.
>being this delusional
top kek.

>"LLE expert you need to drop names so we know who you be talking about
A few names have already been mentioned..
>>
angrylions is the only plugin worth shit.
>>
>>181653841
You don't mean cxd4 and legendofdragoon do you. because those two ready help GlideN64 and PJ64 in one way or another.
>>
>>181654883
>because those two ready help GlideN64
Yea but look at what oliver did.. He closed the issue instead of trying to work with them. Don't expect to see them both helping GLideN64 anymore :) . Unless of course he wises up and fixes his attitude.

To receive negative/nonconstructive criticism after trying to help, would drive any sane individual away from a project.
>>
>>181655415
They can work it by themselves.
You're making a big scene out of one little issue.
>>
>>181655524
>They can work it by themselves.
You're missing the point entirely..

They ask for donations instead of working with others. Do you seriously not see what is wrong with that?
>>
>>181655415
They won't be missed desu lad.
It's not like they did anything else but bug reports and backporting code anyway.
>>
>>181655858
>sour grapes
>>
>>181655787
>can't fix issue by themselves
>but you should work with them anyways!!!
>>181655961 like said
sour grapes.
>>
>>181655961
Sorry lad but fzurita, Gonetz, loganmc10 and olivieryuyu are more valuable to the scene.
>>
>>181656020
>>181655524
Because of poor people skills / decision making, progress is hindered and users have to donate..

Do you not see a problem with having users pay money for slower service?

>>181656232
>Sorry lad but fzurita, loganmc10 and olivieryuyu are more valuable to the scene.
>trying this hard to troll
Not falling for your awful bait :) .
>>
>>181656487
so which one are you? cx4 or legenofthedragon?
>>
>>181656487
You're right, patreon for Retroarch should be abolished immediately.
>>
>>181656669
>so which one are you? cx4 or legenofthedragon?
you forgot about zilmar :)
>>
>>181656669
Bye, gonetz.
>>
>>181656810
>You're right, patreon for Retroarch should be abolished immediately.
Who did they refuse to work with? I'm serious. If you have a valid point, I will stop supporting them.
>>
>>181656846
love how you go making out like thi sis the end of the n64emulation scene when in a few days they will be working together like nothing happened.
>>
>>181656810
RetroArch should be abolished immediately
>>
>>181656846
>>181656487
https://github.com/project64/project64/issues/1164oh wooow literally fucking nothing.
lighten up drama queen.
>>
>>181657140
>oh wooow literally fucking nothing.
>lighten up drama queen.
huh?
>>
>>181655415
>Don't expect to see them both helping GLideN64 anymore :)

https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/111#issuecomment-312771552

BFTO
HAHAHA OH WOW
>>
>>181657007
>love how you go making out like thi sis the end of the n64emulation scene
implying GLideN64 = the entire scene :)

>in a few days they will be working together like nothing happened.
I'm skeptical, but it depends on the GLideN64 people. If they are willing to listen and cooperate, then maybe it will work out fine.

If they had any intention of working together, then they shouldn't have bothered with the campaign (at least not yet). There's no way in hell 1 ucode would take 3 months of dedicated work, when you have experts on your team.
>>
>>181658074
Well according to
>>181657581
Legenofthefdragon is already helping GlideN64 :) which only leaves cxd4(oh no that sucks), the guy who has never contributed a line of code to GlideN64
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/graphs/contributors
>>
Shaders are a mistake
>>
>>181633149
>>181636086
>>181638815
Gonetz lives in Russia, and I he's said in the past that he only has a few hours each week to work on GLideN64.

Most N64 graphics microcodes are modified versions of existing and documented ones. This means that reverse engineering them is typically a case of understanding how they are DIFFERENT, and then writing an HLE implementation to match.

Then there are very lean microcodes, like World Driver Championship. Completely original, but not particularly large.

Factor 5's games were very different. Their microcodes are both completely rewritten from scratch and also large and also extremely esoteric. The terrain generation system is completely unlike anything seen in other N64 titles.

Additionally, there are two other Factor 5 titles -- Battle for Naboo and Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. These are, IIRC, based on Rogue Squadron's microcode, but with some drastic modifications such as a particle system written in microcode. That's how the game can have nice falling snow.

This is an incredibly ambitious task, and hopefully their inevitable success with Rogue Squadron opens the door for the two other games.
>>
>>181663240
>This is an incredibly ambitious task, and hopefully their inevitable success with Rogue Squadron opens the door for the two other games.

One that's also available for the PC and one that's shit.
>>
>>181663240
>Then there are very lean microcodes, like World Driver Championship. Completely original, but not particularly large.
how do you know the microcode isn't large?
>>
>>181664059
>how do you know the microcode isn't large?
>microcode
>micro
duh
>>
>>181664059
LegendofDragoon:
"WDC only has about 1000 assembly instructions, which is why I say it's relatively quick & easy to implement."

https://github.com/project64/project64/issues/1322#issuecomment-311505744

The topic has come up in the past, too. WDC is designed to run fast at the expense of almost everything else. It hides its limitations with good art design and clever level design. It's kinda a high-end PS1 title.
>>
>>181663863
Uh... being available on PC is completely irrelevant. Emulation isn't about muh exclusives. Also, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine is a masterpiece. The N64 version was fucked over by Lucasarts diverting resources to Battle for Naboo, but it's still a fantastic game. Probably the best Indiana Jones game, it goes without saying.
>>
>>181665185
>Emulation isn't about muh exclusives

But it is?

Why would you want to ever emulate a shittier version of a game?
>>
>>181666267
You're clearly in the wrong thread
>>
>>181665185
>Probably the best Indiana Jones game, it goes without saying.
AHAHAHAHA

Did you actually play the game? It's a shitty Tomb Raider clone. Lucasarts did the good stuff.
>>
Having a problem with ePSXe. At the Psycho Mantis fight in MGS, and I have to switch controllers. I know I have to save state, switch, then load, but whenever I try to load any save state on ePSXe, nothing happens. I hear the game music, but the screen is black and I can't do anything. What do? Andy fix or something I am missing here?
>>
>>181666976
Can you set controller 1 to your controller and controller 2 to keyboard and then just use your keyboard to beat him? That's what I did on PCSXR w/ lilypad plugin ages ago.
>>
>>181667808
That wasn't the problem. THe load state wasn't working. I finally got it though. Idk what the problem was before, but now the load state is fine. I guess I fixed it by doing nothing.
>>
>>181666693
Tomb Raider was an Indiana Jones clone, though. And Infernal Machine is a great game. Mechanically, it shits all over the early Tomb Raider titles. Especially since it has no tank controls. Have you actually played it on N64?
>>
>>181664059
>microcode

>micro

They didn't call it giantcode now did they? DID THEY!?!
>>
File: 1488043249432.png (768KB, 1312x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1488043249432.png
768KB, 1312x1014px
>>181668161
>Tomb Raider was an Indiana Jones clone
Tomb Raider was a Prince of Persia clone if anything, you retarded shithead. And the slow and methodical movement was kind of the whole fucking point.
>>
>>181669341
>And the slow and methodical movement was kind of the whole fucking point.
Friendly reminder that Toby Gard didn't like Tomb Raider's controls. And it was his fucking game.
>>
>>181669341
>Tomb Raider was a Prince of Persia clone if anything
How is Tomb Raider anything like Prince of Persia? Lara Croft is a shameless Indy knockoff.
>>
What emulators can ignore the game original draw distance? This can be changed on a game by game basis using cheats?
>>
>>181670265
>This can be changed on a game by game basis using cheats?
Yes, the only way to do it is to make a cheat/mod for the specific game.
>>
>>181670602
Have you seen anything like this? I'm really curious
>>
>>181670836
There's these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enC9RA5nr5Y
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-xenoblade-chronicles-hd-texture-pack-v8-2b-may-9-2017?pid=434909#pid434909
>>
>>181671262
I've found this https://youtu.be/CRBcvSrWr4k
Some old 3D games would really benefit from this
>>
Why has no other emulator (for any system) come close to the quality of Dolphin?
>>
>>181672202
>quality
>Dolphin
pick one.. I respect PPSSPP more.
>>
>>181672202
PPSSPP I guess, but you're setting not a really high bar. Even Higan or Mesen are better (not close to, better)
>>
>>181669994
Same subgenre, Tomb Raider basically translated the PoP formula into 3D. Indy games were nothing like Infernal Machine back when Tomb Raider 1 came out, so pretty difficult to argue Tomb Raider copied Indy.
>>
>N64 emulation is mostly LLE

Why must this thread be filled with lies?
>>
>>181657061
You should be abolished immediately.
>>
>>181675067
I'm doing more for the emulation scene by doing nothing than something as stupid as the RetroArch concept
>>
>>181675263

Yeah, right.

Only a useless retard would think something like that.
>>
>>181675404
fuck you mudlord
>>
>>181675404
Only a useless retard would defend RA
>>
File: 1368485044895.jpg (33KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1368485044895.jpg
33KB, 500x333px
>>181675649

Nice comeback. I'm sure you were the top student in debate class.

kys
>>
>>181676417
Only an useless retard would say such thing
>>
File: 1414864359600.png (1MB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1414864359600.png
1MB, 720x1080px
>>181676607
>>
>>181673865
>Same subgenre, Tomb Raider basically translated the PoP formula into 3D.
How? It plays nothing like PoP.
>>
>>181673865
>ndy games were nothing like Infernal Machine back when Tomb Raider 1 came out, so pretty difficult to argue Tomb Raider copied Indy.
Indiana Jones is a movie character. Infernal Machine was a proto-Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Lucas told the developers that they couldn't have aliens -- so the developers went with interdimensional beings instead. Plus the plotline about Russians and the traitor and all that.
>>
>>181676607
>an useless retard
>say such thing

Hello, pajeet.
>>
>>181678616
Only retards would say pajeet
>>
>/emugen/: only useless retards
>>
>>181675642
Speaking of mudlard, whatever happened to his N64 GPU-assisted noise emulation that got merged into retro-- oh, I mean LIBRETRO, and then promptly reverted for unknown reasons?
>>
>>181678727
You just said it :^)
>>
Yay or nay? http://www.emucr.com/2017/07/m64p-20170703.html
>>
It is possible to use my mouse in fps games for PPSSPP? How bad/good would it work? Would I need an external tool (I remember this being a thing on some NDS games for Desmume using an external app) ?
>>
Hey, longtime lurker here. The wiki doesn't really state what is virus free or not as far as rom sources go. I have been paranoid about gathering sets while available before Ninty takes them all down. But Occasionally people mention downloading sets with like 5 or so trojans in them from the recommended sites and I would rather avoid that. I know emup has this older dump. Are these a good source https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56293-MULTI-ROM-SET-No-Intro-Collection-(Complete-ROM-Sets) and if not what is a good safe one? I am just looking to play some vidya and not looking to root out viruses and shit over the weekend. I have been lurking long enough to know it is a taboo to ask this exact question. But I figure I will ask anyway because in one hand I would never know and in the other hand if I do recieve help then I will know. So it is no real loss either way.
>>
>>181682978
>The wiki doesn't really state what is virus free or not as far as rom sources go
We're not going to link viruses. Use the links in the wiki.
>>
>use dolphin ubershader build with directx and exclusive ubershaders
>single core
>hle with cubeb backend
It's crazy how smooth everything feels now.
>>
>>181683215
I am not trying to start shit or accuse anyone but I am asking as for links like RUtracker, pleasuredome, or the internet archive. Both which as far as I had heard sometimes have hidden infected files bundled with sets for example. If this is not the case then I will trust you and thanks for the help. But I would like a sure confirmation from someone who knows more about this than I do if it is available.
>>
>>181683676
I've scanned all the files I've downloaded from the wiki (SNES full set, NES fullset, NDS fullset, PS1 fullset, and lot's of Wii/Cube/PS2 games too), so far nothing, so I think is fair to say that you don't have to worry
>>
>>181683958
Hey thanks again.
>>
>>181683676
>which as far as I had heard
99% of games on torrent sites have comments saying they're viruses, less than 1% are actually malicious. People are idiots, and anti-virus software is ass.
And where do you think the viruses are hiding in these ROM packs anyway?
Plus if you're downloading No Intro/Redump you can just download the .dats off their sites and do a check.
>>
Would playing Pokemon Sun on Citra give me a better experience than the 3DS?
>>
>>181685193
Even with a fast CPU, you'll suffer from bad performance here and there, but you can play up any resolution listed in the emulator, it's a matter of what really matters to you, the game is playable till the end for a long time
>>
>>181685193
No, emulation is illegal. Conveniently buy games straight from Nintendo's eShopâ„¢ for the best experience.
>>
>>181685535
It's funny how bad the 3D mode runs even on the New 3DS hardware. Piracy is the least someone can do as answer
>>
>>181685710
It works pretty good if you dont have an oddly shaped head.
>>
>>181686102
If you want to pay for a weak system and have a subpar experience, I don't even want know the format of your head anon
>>
>>181625208
>Having both, Pokémon Sun and Moon instead of just one
If you played on an actual Nintendo 3DS I would kind of understand, even if it's still on merchandising-collector level of autism.
But to play on Citra..? Why?

In any case: Crash Bandicoot 3, Pokémon Polished Crystal and Final Fantasy IX.

>>181642275
If you're so desperate, sure, go ahead.
>>
>>181672202
Dolphin can't even run Zelda Twilight Princess properly.
>>
>>181687373
Dolphin can't run a third of the games properly. It's not PCSX2 tiers of bad (thx god), but is also far from good
>>
>>181687573
At least PCSX2 has an accurate software renderer.
>>
Anybody know if there's a workaround for the camera rune crashing when you use it?
Someone told me it's caused by having too many item names on screen.
>>
>>181687824
Woo, that's true
>>
Botw playable with a mouse and keyboard?
>>
>>181688126
Yes
>>
>>181688302
thanks senpai
>>
>>181687824
And no shader stuttering
>>
>>181688665
And no future
>>
>>181688747
What makes you think that?
>>
>>181688810
Look at the wiki, how many serious problems has been solved in the last two years? Where are the news reports with REAL news, not some minor changes that no one cares about. We don't have good PS2 emulation and I'm really sad about this
>>
>>181689216
There is always the software renderer, most hardware renderer problems come from API limitations.
One example is the PS2 ability to display multiple framebuffers, while PC is only possible to display one at a time.
>>
>>181689216
>Look at the wiki
I have a feeling you haven't looked at it recently.
>>
>>181689607
Perfomance and visual quality wise, software renderer doesn't matter, even with an extreme CPU you can't play most games at fullspeed.
>>181689979
You can still see the wiki here http://web.archive.org/web/20170213011033/http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>>181690184
This is not true at all.
My [email protected](2014) can play most major games in software renderer at full speed, even without MTVU or any other hack.
You're exaggerating the issue.
>>
>>181675263
>>181675404

Thats funny.

I get in trouble for being a pest. So I listened and backed the fuck off. Now I get in trouble for doing nothing for a while and avoiding certain places?
>>
>>181690330
And you think it's somehow OK for a PS2 emulator require something like a [email protected]?
My point about the visual quality still stands + you've said "most major games", not all. And look at the wiki for the issues EVEN if you use the software renderer.
>>181690434
Sup man
>>
>>181690434
wb, muddy buddy.
>>
>>181690640
It's a CPU from 2014 that cost $220, even a modern $100 CPU is faster.
Also, if PCSX2 has no future then Dolphin and pretty muche very other emulator is domed.
Dolphin lacks software render, can't even run major games corectly.
RPCS3 needs a i7 7700k at 5.0GHz to barely reach 30FPS in a handufl of games and most games don't even launch.
Snes(accurate) needs a relative modern CPU to run and lets no go into N64 and Dreamcast emulation.
>>
>>181690967
>It's a CPU from 2014 that cost $220, even a modern $100 CPU is faster.
I agree about the price, but too much power is needed because the emulator is badly coded.
>Also, if PCSX2 has no future then Dolphin and pretty muche very other emulator is domed.
Dolphin lacks software render, can't even run major games corectly.
And still I see Dolphin getting better all the time, while PCSX2 achieved nothing notable in the last 2 years. If both are dead, at least one of them will be more useful.
>RPCS3 needs a i7 7700k at 5.0GHz to barely reach 30FPS in a handufl of games and most games don't even launch.
Are you seriously comparing PS2 emulation to PS3? And even goind this way, some anon posted a comparison where Okami running on PCSX2 was taking more CPU time than Okami HD on RPCS3.
>>
>>181691614
>huuur pcsx2 fixes no issues
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/milestone/2?closed=1
>why does an accurate software rendering for a 3D console needs a fast cpu my potato should be able to run it!!
>>
>>181691798
You can run in software mode, some games will run badly (some will not even be playable, no matter your CPU+GPU), but yet the visuals are bad as fuck, better to play on a PS2 if PCSX2 is your only choice
>>
>>181692053
>better to play on a PS2 if PCSX2 is your only choice

That goes for every console.
>>
>>181691614
>I agree about the price, but too much power is needed because the emulator is badly coded.
LOL. It's not like DOlphin has good performance.. I remember an anon posted a screenshot of spiderman and got better performance in PCSX2 than Dolphin..

>>181692129
>That goes for every console.
ikr. I don't even bother with Dolphin since I have a hacked wii anyway. No point in wasting time dealing with shader stuttering that they still failed to fix with Uber shaders LOL.
>>
>>181692053
A lot of games are payable though, this is not like Nintendo 64 software rendering.
>>
>>181691798
Reading that GitHub and fuck you if those are meaningful for you in anyway, most are so small fixes that would not even need a single PR to begin with
>>
>>181692378
implying Dolphin PR aren't pity shit too.
https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/5745

Not to mention that they break stuff all the time because they don't properly test before merging, just yesterday some anon here found a Gecko issue, which started happening after a PR that "improves gecko codehandling" got "tested¨" and merged.
>>
>>181692201
>LOL. It's not like DOlphin has good performance.. I remember an anon posted a screenshot of spiderman and got better performance in PCSX2 than Dolphin..
Most games has better performance on Dolphin when we're talking about multoplats, you're cherrypicking one specific case (while it's cool to have options, PCSX2 is still the worse choice).
>That goes for every console
Higan, Mesen, PPSSPP and mednafen would like a word with you
>A lot of games are payable though, this is not like Nintendo 64 software rendering.
I agree. While PS2 emulation makes me sad, N64 emulation makes me want to die
>>181692567
But they still manage to achieve much more in 6 months than PCSX2 in one year (by far). Yet, I agree the "they break stuff all the time because they don't properly test before merging". Can't wait to see how much drama the ubershaders will bring
>>
>>181692846
Considering they have almost 3 times the amount of contributors compared to PCSX2, they aren't doing that great either.
>>
>>181692846
>Most games has better performance on Dolphin when we're talking about multoplats,
This is bullshit and PS2 emulation is better than Wii/GC that's why nothing changes. There are so few improvements left for the thing.
>>
File: 1499228864807[1].jpg (21KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
1499228864807[1].jpg
21KB, 460x215px
Why do the games runs like shit when v-sync is disable? There is no vertical tearing but the game feels like its dropping FPS constantly even if it says its running at steady 60. When I enable v-sync the problem goes away but then there is input lag, which is even worse
Is this a problem with my monitor?
>>
>>181692940
I don't see people getting excited to join PCSX2, I've heard that they're not very friendly
>>181693163
Objectively wrong, most actual Dolphin problems will be solved sooner or later and you can't say the same about PCSX2, thing has to be rebuild from scratch (and don't be that anon to point out that only the graphics plugins must be remade, the entire emulator is build around game specific hacks)
>>
>>181693424
What do you mean by "runs like shit"? Are you displaying your fps with the emulator or some other source (Fraps?)
>>
>>181693482
>I've heard that they're not very friendly
You've heard wrong.
>>
>>181693482
Way to show how ignorant you are bub.
>>
>>181693656

it stutters and does not feel its running at 60 fps at all, actually between 30 - 40

>Are you displaying your fps with the emulator or some other source (Fraps?)
with the emulator, and it says its 60. the problem goes away when i enable v syinc but i dont want input lag
>>
>>181693857
So explain why there's much more people working on Dolphin
>>181693997
Not an argument
>>
Anyone have any experience with pcsx4?

Also, where is the best place to acquire it? The main site has the typical clickbait "enter your cell number here to download" crap.
>>
File: average emulator.jpg (127KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
average emulator.jpg
127KB, 500x514px
The 3ds is shit, the 3d head tracking doesn't fucking work. Cant wait for citra to improve.
>>
>>181694115
>So explain why there's much more people working on Dolphin
The emulator is still broken. PCSX2 has been 99% for years.
>>
>>181694115
I couldn't know, why don't you go ask them?
You can go aroudn reading the PCSx2 github and forum and theres nothing negative about it like you've claim.
>>
>>181694115
>explain why there's much more people working on Dolphin
Not an argument.
>>
>>181694192
http://web.archive.org/web/20170213011033/http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Main_Page
Almost every game has problems, you mean 99% broken?
>>181694237
I hate to link things from there, but here you go https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/2ttbdk/play_the_ps2_emulator_that_looks_like_it_could/ , look for the neobrain post.
>>
>>181693482
>the entire emulator is build around game specific hacks)

This not true, you can even check it up yourself.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/master/bin/GameIndex.dbf
>>
>>181694758
Post without sources, it's not like PRs are removed you know, anybody can go check
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pulls?page=1&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed

and any discussions about the future of PCSX2 are publicly available too.
>>
>>181694762
Game hacks aren't only in the database, they're littered around the codebase too.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/master/pcsx2/HwRead.cpp#L192
>>
>>181694762
I read for 2 minutes, thx for proving me right.
>>181695009
I would not be able to find the specific cases, but what reasons could neobrain have to lie? Everything is pointing that he's not.
>>
>>181695401
+ one of the BIG features implemented in the last progress report was a lie (one candy to the anon able to point it out) :^)
>>
>>181695401
Can't you read?
The GameIndex.dbf points to all hacks, including to the Wallace and Gromit Curse Project Zoo hack you've linked.

>>181695492
Dolphin isn't free of hacks, but unlike PCSX2 Dolphin doesn't loads them by default.
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Twilight_Princess_(GC)
>>
>>181695663
I agree anon, and I'm not defending Dolphin in any way.
>>
>>181695492
>I would not be able to find the specific cases, but what reasons could neobrain have to lie? Everything is pointing that he's not.

Why would a developer that has nothing to do with a project know about that project he is not involved with?
>>
>the decrypted jap version of fire emblem IF special edition is incomplete

I wanted to see why revelations is considered the worst while practicing my nip. Well what ever.
>>
Anyone here has tried contacting the HPS2x64 dev? Guy doesn't answer to anyone on source forge
>>
>>181696238
If you find an complete encrypted one, you can already decrypt on PC
>>
>>181694191
this guy looks funny
>>
>>181700279
Its Doofus Rick's Morty.
>>
>>181701052
kys
>>
>>181705349
Bump II: The Comeback The Movie
>>
Can someone confirm if it's still broken?
http://web.archive.org/web/20161025123914/http://wiki.pcsx2.net:80/index.php/Marvel_Nemesis:_Rise_of_the_Imperfects
>>
>something like a [email protected]
>>181690967
I think you're way off with your price/performance for modern CPUs
>>
so I've never played the "vania" half of metroidvania, where should I start with that, or what is the best game in the series? Sotn looks cool but I have no idea.
>>
>>181713048
i'd play sotn first but go in blind because there's so much cheesing
>>
Will it ever be possible to run breath of the wild on 2500K/G4560/i3-6100/r5-1600?
>>
>>181713506
Let me ask to my inexistent crystal ball.
>>
>>181695663
>>181695663
>Dolphin isn't free of hacks, but unlike PCSX2 Dolphin doesn't loads them by default.https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Twilight_Princess_(GC)
It has much less of them.
>>
>>181695663
This isn't a bug. That's caused by how Zelda is programmed.
>>
>>181710034
>>181690967

Hardly unless you're talking about higher core counts being available now?
>>
>>181692846
>I agree. While PS2 emulation makes me sad, N64 emulation makes me want to die
N64 emulation is much better in both core and software emulation.
Hardware emulation is slowly improving in both.
>>181693163
>This is bullshit and PS2 emulation is better than Wii/GC that's why nothing changes. There are so few improvements left for the thing
Nice revisionist story.
>>
New thread.
>>
Between the poorfags and third worlders who got their Zelda piracy tool and think they can come on here for tech support, and the illiterate literal retards who frequented emuparadise coming swooping in and begging for handouts (despite everything being linked straight from the fucking OP), /emugen/ has becoming boring as shit.

It's getting pretty damn close to /hbg/ levels of shit.
>>
>>181691614
>>181690967
>RPCS3 needs a i7 7700k at 5.0GHz to barely reach 30FPS in a handufl of games

That is because i7 7700k doesn't have enough cores. If it had say 10 cores you wouldn't need 5ghz.
>>
>>181719342
Well we still can't get proof of SP fraud. So what else can we talk about.
>>
>>181719401
Not every game actually fully uses more cores, there are situation where a 7900X would help but others where it wouldn't at all, the recompiler though will scale up to any amount of cores (tried with a meme 16C/32T build and it'll do 32 jobs at once if the game needs that provided our OS supports them and the game actually needs that many modules recompiled at once.
>>
>>181719827
>Olivieryuyu
Still, good thing that Skylake-X and Threadripper have many cores at relatively affordable prices and with pretty high frquencies. All thanks to AMD.
>>
>>181719827
>>181719827
>vided our OS supports them and the game actually needs that many modules recompiled at once.

How many it uses at most?
>>
>>181720892
>How many it uses at most?
Dunno exactly, seeing as I can max out a 32T CPU on it obviously more than 32
>>
>>181721271
How many fps with 32 cores and what cpu was that?
>>
>>181721614
I think there's a misunderstanding the recompiler is it's own thing, it interrupts emulation until the recompiling job is done in a similar fashion to shader cache (less annoying though since it generally only happens at boot and load screens), only that part of the emu can use as many cores as you throw it, the regular emulation can't use more than 8T afaik.

>what cpu was that?
Some Haswell based Xeon I had access to at work
>>
>>181722051
>emulation can't use more than 8T afaik
It should be able to use at least 9 like PS3.
>>
>>181722241
Maybe it does but there's no game as far as I know that truly maxes out everything on the PS3, hell going by what NISA games did to some system I'd assume you physically can't.
Thread posts: 757
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.