[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 756
Thread images: 77

File: 2d man living in a 3d world.png (742KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2d man living in a 3d world.png
742KB, 1920x1080px
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.
>>
File: suffering.jpg (150KB, 1036x823px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
150KB, 1036x823px
>>180887540
Gonna bump this one last time
>>
File: 1491336293997.jpg (89KB, 374x479px) Image search: [Google]
1491336293997.jpg
89KB, 374x479px
>get hankering to replay SF64
>checking out N64 emulators for first time
>start reading about project64 suddenly introducing opt-out malware and eventually nagware into their new builds
Is this something that happens sometimes or was that a one time occurrence? I never really considered that someone would go through the effort of making a decent emulator and then going out of their way to shit it up with malware.
>>
Was Squall_Leonhart one of the Desmume devs? That might explain a few things...

https://forums.desmume.org/viewtopic.php?id=9650
>>
File: ∟.jpg (288KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
∟.jpg
288KB, 1280x720px
So getting about 11 fps consistently after 30 minutes of play means it's probably not going to get any better, right?
I followed what it said on the wiki
>>
>>180991473
Nope, performance seems to get worse after more time playing, you're good as you'll get
>>
HUE
>>
>>180989016
Some videos:
https://u.nya.is/yoybzu.mp4
https://u.nya.is/zkaivp.mp4
https://u.nya.is/wojeju.mp4
>>
>>180991773
welp
guess I'll wait for it to get cheap used
>>
>>180993157
>https://u.nya.is/zkaivp.mp4
This is some very good news to everyone. Your performance is better than mine, but not THAT better (and I was even using OpenGL, Vulkan is faster on most cases). So the emulator is the bottleneck, I can only hope the emulator get even more optimized to run on my toaster. Nice videos btw, they gave me a good comparison
>>
>>180990913
>I never really considered that someone would go through the effort of making a decent emulator and then going out of their way to shit it up with malware.
He made good money from the adware.

Now it has been replaced with a nag-screen that can be bypassed if you edit config.
>>
https://github.com/project64/project64/issues/1322
I find it weird how some people close an issue, reopen it, then close again lol.. Also boggles my mind when people ask for help, ignore suggestions, then complain :) .

It's too bad progress would have been made, but it looks like we can't have nice things.
>>
File: unnamed.png (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
72KB, 300x300px
>>180990913
>>180990913
>Now it has been replaced with a nag-screen that can be bypassed if you edit config.

Um How? I'm currently trying to play some of my n64 favorites but they don't emulate at the best to 100%
>Bomberman 64
The Opening never Pans inside for that one zoom in view during the title sequence it just fades to black
Then the opening just fades to black with music playing in the background an doesn't load texture throughout the the dialog
>Vigilante 8
The menu's an textures are all mess up
the horizon is all blurry an messed up

Dose any one know hoe I can fix any of this?
>>
>>180990913

just use Mupen64plus

its decent
>>
File: speccy.jpg (98KB, 1000x650px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.jpg
98KB, 1000x650px
Alright guys. having issues with emulation.
Running Project 64 2.3.2.202
Trying to emulate Stunt Racer 64. Yes I own the actual cartridge. Took me years to track one down in a local store before I found one several years ago.
The grphics are messed up and the emulator reports the following issue.
>[video] HLE not supported [audio] needs audio plugin

pic related are my specs. Yes, it's a laptop.
>>
>>180997297
You didn't mentioned which plugins you're using and it seems like you didn't even chose an audio plugin. Shiroyushi-or-something-like-that's audio plugin is one of the best ones if not the best one.
>>
>>180997852
haven't downloaded any plugins. The only ones I have are those that came with the emulator. I've never downloaded plugins for any program before. The ones recommended for this game that I could find were Z64gl, and Azimer's audio plugin.
testing it out now.
>>
>>180997852
>>180999150
Got it working Thanks for the help.
>>
File: Blast Corps (U) (V1.1) snap0002.jpg (85KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Blast Corps (U) (V1.1) snap0002.jpg
85KB, 1440x900px
>>180996218
Oh Yeah Right I was forgetting one
>Blast Corps
The Over over-world menus is all is missing line indicator an the textures arm flipped upside-down for the vehicles that are supposed to be in the level.
>>
>>180999746
Dude could you play
Blast Corps
Bomberman 64
or Vigilante 8 an let me know how it performs on your setup?
>>
>>180999953
>Vigilante 8
Not him, but I know this game works great with PJ64 and GLideN64. Not so sure about the other 2 games. I imagine those also work best with GLideN64 (as far as HLE plugins go).
>>
>>180996218
>Um How? I'm currently trying to play some of my n64 favorites but they don't emulate at the best to 100%
Open project64.cfg (which is located in config folder), search for [Support Project64], then set Run Count to -1.
>>
What are the best fps games on PS1? I've learned how to play using mouse+keyboard and I want to try something more than Alien Resurrection or the Quake port
>>
>>181000998
>GLideN64
What is that a plugin?
I have Project 64 installed
>>180997203
>just use Mupen64plus

Uhm I tried loading up my Vigilante 8 rom an it crashed

>>181002257
>>180999746
>Got it working Thanks for the help.
Sorry I thought you said you had everything working now so I wanted to try out your settings, best of luck to you in your endeavors mate.

>>181002503
>What are the best fps games on PS1?
My Personal Recommendation
>Panzer Dragoon
>Threads of Fate
But Just in case....
http://lmgtfy.com/?t=v&q=Top+Playstation+1+Games
>>
>>181003210
Thx for the sugestions, but I've said "fps" anon
>>
>>181003210
>What is that a plugin?
>I have Project 64 installed
Yes, it's a graphics plugin. You can download it here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0YqMPjGo3B2Yi1ZTXRLN0FxUE0/view?usp=sharing
All you have to do is put the it in your gfx folder, inside of plugin folder.
>>
https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/5702

Looks like Ishiiruka is dead now
>>
>>181004289
Just look at how much issues so far...
I really want an alternative, but ubershaders would not cut it for now (soon, not now)
>>
>>181004289
>Looks like Ishiiruka is dead now
you kidding right? It still stutters
>>
>>181003380
Metal Gear Solid?
If you have never played it have your self a treat. to one of the best stories ever told through Tactical Espionage

Armored Core series
>customization Mecha
horrible underrated for its fps mode you can play through the game with
>I could never get it to work for on my keyboard for some reason I learned about it on a lets play[I'm going to try again tonight on my new emulator]

Time time Crisis would be the one a fun one to play.
I personally never have gotten to it yet because I want to hook it up with a light gun.
>>
>>181004757
Oh, I forgot that I've already played Time Crisis with the mouse in the emulator already, really fun shit. Use Pcsxr-Pgxp, mouse and keyboard + visual fixes at stable framerate (with CPU overclock)
>>
>>181004289
I don't want to say you're retarded, but as per its author's words, Ishiiruka is a build mainly focused on speed while keeping the support for legacy hardware. Nothing stops him from implementing Ubershaders as an optional thing once it is functional, because right now it apparently causes a lot of issues with a lot of games, as most of the people who talked about it and tried the feature here pointed out.
>>
>>181005195
Oh you already played man good on ya
I'm gana Have to put Panzer Dragoon back on the list for shooters... Not really sure about the fist person for that one but I do know the game play is amazingly fun
an then
>Metal Gear Solid
is a must
>Armored Core
(at 6:09 you can see him go into first person mode, I think you press starts an select simultaneously to enter the first person view but I'm not sure I'm looking it up )
https://youtu.be/EibPaT6Llp8?t=6m9s
>>
I bought the mayflash GC adapter and an original GC controller. I tried configuring it in Dolphin, but things are kinda weird with the L and R analogs. The meter shows it recognizes the analogs, but some things don't work right in game. For instance, in Metroid Prime, the scan isn't working.
>>
>>181006424
Any game where I need to aim is cool with this control scheme (maybe with some tweaking 3rd person games could be playable too)
>>
What's the best video output for Higan? Playing Super Mario World and the video looks a bit janky at times? Not sure if it's just the fact it's scaled up pixels or if it's actually kind of janky frame rate.
>>
I thought about fucking around with Soul Calibur (1) for the first time and it'll be the first Dreamcast game I'll ever emulate, what's is the most recommended emulator if I care about performance over accuracy?
>>
>>180995734
You're welcomed to try and reverse engineering that ucode.
olivieryuyu is the only one who bothers to do such things while everyone else(Projet64/ Retroarch) just take his work without giving back.
>>
File: spec.png (52KB, 664x525px) Image search: [Google]
spec.png
52KB, 664x525px
I'm having a bad time time with PSX emulation.

I've tried epsxe 1.8, 1.9, 2.0 on the lowest settings and I get crackling audio with a 30-40 fps.

I've tried mednafen and I can only get 30-40 fps with crackling audio as well.

My power settings are set to high performance.
>>
>>181023858
what the fuck
im literally getting full speed psx emulation with epsxe on a mobile i3 and intel GMA hd
>>
>>181005714
The only real key feature of Ishiiruka is async shader compilation. Once the bugs of ubershaders get ironed out Ishiiruka's usefulness diminishes greatly.
>>
File: 1459400226264.png (613KB, 452x818px) Image search: [Google]
1459400226264.png
613KB, 452x818px
I'm sorta curious, how well would Cemu run (poorly I assume but I might as well ask) on a 960M, i5-6300HQ and 8GB of RAM? I know laptop, but I'm a person who moves around a lot so it's pretty much required.
>>
Is this ever coming back?

https://romdepot.endurehosting.com/
>>
>>181023858
>>181025187
Yeah I don't understand it, it's only using 20% cpu.
>>
>>181029767
Why don't you go try it then come back and tell us
>>
File: shulg.png (209KB, 698x515px) Image search: [Google]
shulg.png
209KB, 698x515px
>>181032898
Because that'd require hours of download on my shitty bandwidth.
>>
>>181031509
No. Blame the retarded faggot on /v/ who was so smug because people wanted an snes classic and he thought he was so amazing for being able to emulate.
>>
>>181023858
>>181031874
Update: it runs at 60 fps when I have epsxe in the background but goes back to 30-40 fps when I bring it to front.
>>
>>181020981
>olivieryuyu is the only one who bothers to do such things while everyone else(Projet64/ Retroarch) just take his work without giving back.
Did you even read the discussion? They were trying to help him and he quit.. It true that Retroarch devs take w/o giving back, but not true for PJ64 devs.

>You're welcomed to try and reverse engineering that ucode.
That's not something I'd want to do on my own and judging by that github thread, the scene is cancerous. People are getting criticized for trying to help LOL.
>>
>>181037760
No, did YOU even read that conversation?
do you even know about ucodes and such, just by reverse engineering doesn't mean the game will work out.
ucodes are only used for pity shit like lighting and effects.
Majora's Mask has a bad ucode yet the game is completely payable, unlike those two games.

Get those two games to work in HLE THEN you can bother with with a correct HLE implementation of the ucode.
>>
>>181038217
>No, did YOU even read that conversation?
Of course I did.
>do you even know about ucodes and such, just by reverse engineering doesn't mean the game will work out.
They hardly do any reverse engineering. They just copy from stolen documentation, in most cases..

You act like ucodes are magic. It's just RSP assembly code. The RSP instruction set is well documented (if you have illegal docs).
>>
>>181039668
>They hardly do any reverse engineering.

lmao, to reverse engineer ucodes you need to be proficient in assembly and know very well how the Nintendo 64 behaves and have knowledge in graphics, plus the majority of the ucodes aren't documented or use a modified ucode version.

You act like it's easy work, when no even gonetz can do it.
>>
>>181040210
>plus the majority of the ucodes aren't documented or use a modified ucode version.
Even Turbo3D was documented..

>when no even gonetz can do it.
Doesn't mean anything.

>lmao, to reverse engineer ucodes you need to be proficient in assembly
And that's difficult?? All you have to do is read it. Even if someone doesn't have all knowledge necessary, they can still collaborate with other people.
>>
>>181040863
>Doesn't mean anything.

I understand you're stupid, but don't let it get you down, okay?
>>
How do I get shaders working on RetroArch? I downloaded the 3 different types through it, tried adding them in the first pass, and none of them take effect.
>>
>>181020981
>olivieryuyu is the only one who bothers to do such things while everyone else(Projet64/ Retroarch) just take his work without giving back.

What does this mean? If they open source what they "take", then they are "giving back" by definition and anything worthwhile can easily be cherrypicked by him. There's no requirement for people to explicitly send pull requests back upstream either.
>>
>>181042065
> There's no requirement for people to explicitly send pull requests back upstream either.

Of course, wanna know what are those people called?
leeches.
>>
>>181042217
If I fork an emulator and make a patch for it, I am not obligated to send the patch back upstream. If I provide the source code, then that is enough for the upstream dev to cherrypick my patch if he cares enough.
>>
>>180995734
All these devs go through mood swings and have mental issues. It's not suprising they behave like that.
>>
>>181041635
>I understand you're stupid, but don't let it get you down, okay?
He has yet to even fix microcodes that actually worked fine in Glide64...
>>
>>181043909
Those "working" microcodes in Glide64 are nothing more than hacks.
>>
>>181045521
>Those "working" microcodes in Glide64 are nothing more than hacks.
proof? I would love to use these "hacks" so that I wouldn't have to switch video plugins as much.

>>181041635
>I understand you're stupid, but don't let it get you down, okay?
Gonetz can't do a lot of things. Deal with it. He heavily relied on documentation for HLE.
>>
When is someone going to make a PS2 emulator that isn't hot trash?
>>
>>181045892
You can go read the source code yourself, even GlideN64 uses some of them, it's not like Gonezt goes around hiding the fact that hacks are used.
>>
>>181045892
>I would love to use these "hacks" so that I wouldn't have to switch video plugins as much.

This is what Retroach mupen core aim to and fails miserably to do.
>>
>>181046009
thegangster256 is writing one
>>
>>181047513
How much until the next update? No one seems to be able to contact the guy about this project
>>
>>181046034
Either you're only thinking about RE2 or you're just making strong assumptions. I haven't seen Gonetz claim that Glide64 is simply using hacks for other microcodes that work better in Glide64. Regressions are a legitimate problem with GLideN64. The difference isn't always due to "hacks".

>>181046283
>This is what Retroach mupen core aim to and fails miserably to do.
How is it failing miserably?
>>
>>181046283
Such as? ParaLLEl-N64 just uses Glide64 for HLE.
>>
>>181042640
>All these devs go through mood swings and have mental issues. It's not suprising they behave like that.
It's a real shame, but I guess you're right. It seems very difficult to work with some of these people. They just don't listen..
>>
>>181048346
>Either you're only thinking about RE2

There is literally a section in the GlideN64 code for hacks, Jesus Christ, you really didn't even bother to check do you.
>>
>>181048465
>this is what Retroach mupen core
Not talking about Parallel, pal.
>>
>>181048346
Some of the hacks usage in this convo.
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/778
>>
>>181049302
I've seen it. It uses hacks for stuff like winback. What I'm saying is that there are microcodes that work better in Glide64 and there's no obvious hacks as far as I could tell.

For instance, Nintama Rantarou has these annoying black lines. Not a problem in Glide64. GLideN64 also doesn't have the lines when using LLE, so it's a microcode issue.
>>
>>181049454
So you're talking about the newer Mupen64plus core that uses GlideN64?

Where are these hacks, then?
>>
So, I can't go fullscreen on mGBA without it stretching the image? I want to play it with frame size 2x on fullscreen, is that not possible?
>>
>>181047850
I was just memeing you, I can't help laughing every time I see his nickname

hps2x64 is so slow it's unusable currently

Better try contacting this guy, he sent few people a private beta and then disappeared (too bad it's closed source): http://ngemu.com/threads/new-ps2-emulator-attempt.169425/
>>
how the absolute FUCK do i run pc engine cd on ra
>format: ccd, cue
>syscard3.pce on system (bios) folder
>mednafen pce fast/mednafen supergrafx
crashes for every fucking game
>>
>>181054632
Read logs carefully.
>>
>>181054075
I know that HPS2x64 is slow, it's so slow that hurts to even record a test (also, it's so slow that the only video on the entire Youtube showing a game running is my Silent Hill 2 video), but I just love to cover to progress of any new attempt at emulation for any system. What are the chances of this guy you linked really answering anyone? Someone so far has shown proof that it's real?
>>
>>181054632

bios or cuesheet. Always those two. Double check the cuesheet. Often they ahve absolute file names.
>>
>>181054632
pretty simple to work for me

I beat rondo of blood with it, I just selected the cue file and ran the core and it booted

make sure you have the bios files from the wiki I guess
>>
>>181046283
>This is what Retroach mupen core aim to and fails miserably to do.
Yea that's too bad.. They are not doing so well with N64 emulation. They seem to be behind even M64p and are certainly behind Project64.

At least PJ64 backported F3DTEX/A. Hopefully they will also backport T3DUX.
>>
>>181054813
>>181055361
>>181055426
thanks for the help guys. it was both the wrong bios, and the argument to open it on the frontend.
>>
Where are people download Nintendo games' ROMs nowadays? Looks like every good site decided to delete them for some reason.
>>
>>181057548
Fuck off Nintendo
>>
>>181057548
they laughed at us for having hoarding tbs and tbs for all consoles... well who's the sucker now!!
>>
>>181058270
>>181057704
Yeah, ok, but can you help out?
>>
>>181016054
Anyone?
>>
>>181059035
No, fuck you Nintendo
>>
>>181054842
There are videos in the thread and he released a PSX (AdriPSX) and a DS (Duos) emu in the past
>>
>>181059848
Are you joking or do you seriously believe I'm a fucking Nintendo employee? lmao
>>
>>181059954
Employee, fan or someone wanting to be spoonfeed: fuck you
>>
>>181060117
I'm seeking some fucking help here you motherfucker, if you don't want to provide it then just ignore the comment.
>>
>>181060491
1. Read the wiki
2. Fuck you
>>
>>181060605
But there's nothing about where to find those ROMs on the wiki, only about ROM hacking.
>>
>>181058270
8TB and counting here. Go nuts Nintendo take all the sites down. I'm good.
>>
>>181060767
LEARN TO READ YOU RETARDED, IT'S RIGHT THERE!
>>
>>181060972
Found it, but do you really have to be such a faggot in every answer you give?
>>
>>181061305
Fuck you Nintendo
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-28-16-54-44.png (750KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-28-16-54-44.png
750KB, 800x1280px
Any idea what causes this glitchy lines in epsxe?

Hardware+shaders mode
>>
>>181063068
epsxe
>>
>>181063489
What's a better option that still can re-render resolution?
>>
>>181064072
Not that Anon nor I ever tried it myself, but supposedly the HW Renderer of Mednafen (RetroArch's Beetle PSX Core) is the best option.
>>
>>181070139
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>181070869
Or
>What the fuck is wrong with byuu?
>>
File: xzxz.png (42KB, 841x756px) Image search: [Google]
xzxz.png
42KB, 841x756px
>>181070869
byuu ruined my life
>>
File: shadowofcok.png (2MB, 1432x990px) Image search: [Google]
shadowofcok.png
2MB, 1432x990px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlET0RmZg74

>dat accuracy
>dat performance

damn
>>
>>181072538
A little performance boost + better compatibility with these new changes https://github.com/jpd002/Play-/branches
>>
https://mgba.io/2017/05/29/holy-grail-bugs/
>>
>>181072538
Good old Shadow of the Cokollus
>>
>>181072823

so like 5 fps?
>>
>>181074559
>>181073308
at this point emulating the HD edition would be easier and better performing than this mess
>>
>>181020981
>>181042640
Are there any sane/reasonable n64 emudevs? I think the sane emudevs ought to join forces and make progress, instead of wasting time dealing with people who ignore advice and whine :) .
>>
>>181074975
PS2 emulation <> PS3 emulation
I like where the RPCS3 is going, but we're talking about PS2 emulators
>>
>>181076834

There are no sane emudevs left. Save one, perhaps. And he currently has his plate full.
>>
>>181077075
>Save one, perhaps. And he currently has his plate full.
WHos' that?
>>
>>181076834
>I think a lot of N64 EmuDevs should adapt to each other's ways of writing code
What could go wrong amirite?
>>
I ordered a Steam Link on sale for $15 so me and my gf could play emu games on coop. Does anyone else have a Steam Link and can verify this works?
>>
>>181076834
No for N64 but I guess the CEMU dev is the only sane developer left.
>>
>>181077553
HA
HA
FUCKING
HA
>>
>>181077667
Not wanting to deal with the open sores community seems sane enough, the same community that can't get a working Wii U emulator going on.
>>
>>181077332

Saint Ryphecha.
>>
>>181077776

The problems of the Open Source community have mirrored society's problems in general, it seems.
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 299x169px
>>181077891
>>
>>181077413
Even if they'd rather maintain their own projects, they can still share knowledge.

>>181077553
fair enough. Exzap is one of few emudevs i personally respect. I mean generally I'll respect emudevs by default for releasing their work, but he seems to have good qualities. Seems like a nice guy really. One of his reasons for close sourcing is damage control, which is a fair point imo. People are just mad cause they want the source (irrational hatred really). He even intends on eventually open sourcing, when the time is right. Instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt, people just project their own insecurities.

I've noticed that a lot of the people who tend to assume the worst in people, are those who are immoral to begin with. It's like they assume everyone else is just as bad as they are.

>>181077891
Good to hear! Maybe N64 emulation is a lost cause and I should switch to Saturn or something.

>>181077776
I agree.
>>
>>181077776
There is no community around the Wii U emulation. You have Decaf and some guys interested on it (most of them don't know shit and don't help at all, only "testers"), and you have Cemu and a bunch of even more useless people paying and praying, not a single contribuition to the scene so far. It's safe to say we don't have a community so far
>>
>>181077776
And the same community that screams "REEEEE! PEOPLE CAN'T MAKE THIS BETTER BECAUSE THE PROJECT ISN'T OPEN SOURCE EVEN THOUGH THAT'S NOT 100% BOUND TO HAPPEN SO YOUR EMULATOER IS SHIT!!!!" and "REEEEE CEMU'S DEV IS USING ILLEGAL DOCS EEEN THOUGH I CAN PROVE IT AT ALL!!!!".
>>
>>181078204
I just want mednafen Saturn emulation to have (at least) x3 native resolution + CPU overclock, nothing more
>>
>>181060842
damn that's hot!!! is much of that pc games? i'm at 3tb and i have "all" until wii, but i couldnt download full sets for ps/saturn/dreamcast/ps2/gc rather just spend entire fucking days going through list of all the canonical games, hidden gems, japanese-only games, exclusives, etc. basically everything except for barbie goes to washington and multiplats.
>>
>>181060842
nintendo games suck though
>>
>>181078786
this
why anyone would want to download all the shovelware nintendo shat out is beyond me
>>
>>181078536
How well does Yabause's hardware renderer work? Do the graphics look good? I was thinking, "what if someone ports accuracy improvements over to yabause?" Would that possibly be a good idea? I appreciate that Yabause at has a dynarec.
>>
>>181078884
While it's "ok", even the native graphics emulation from mednafen looks much better (and let's not even talk about the compatibility...) But sure, if anyone can make any emulator better, I'm 100% for it
>>
>>181078536

Heresy. You'll play it how it looked back in the Olden Times and you'll damn well *like it*, upstart.
>>
Can I map multiple keys on RA?
>A + B = close RA
>>
>>181079464
Talking about our lord and savior, how possible is to use mednafen on a raspberry pi or something similar? I want to 3D print a Sega Saturn mini to use as a case dedicated to Saturn emulation
>>
>>181079072
thanks, I guess it's better to just focus on mednafen's source code then.
>>
>>181079836
But anyone can fork it and go crazy, so it's a win win situation
>>
Is RetroArch + Ice still the defacto way to run emulators over Steam Link? I've configured it correctly as far as I can tell and yet am still coming up with an error: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Anyone else had this issue? Is there a more current way to get this done? Can I manually add them to Steam without having to use any third party utilities? Thanks.
>>
>>181078786
>fedoras and neckbeards are cool. Its everyone else who is wrong.
>>
I used Mednafen a couple months ago and I just try to use it again but when I do it asks if I'm okay with it making changes on my computer then nothing happens. Anyone know how to fix this or what caused it?
>>
File: womp.png (369KB, 465x535px) Image search: [Google]
womp.png
369KB, 465x535px
>>181029767
>tfw reach this part of emulation and kind of don't want to continue
>>
What emulator will be inside the new SNES Mini? Someone was able to identify the one on the NES Mini?
>>
>>181072538

Isn't Play non-portable Winbloze trash? SP looked at the code base a few years ago.
>>
File: in mednafen we trust.jpg (626KB, 1326x750px) Image search: [Google]
in mednafen we trust.jpg
626KB, 1326x750px
>>181078051
>>
>>181087207
who cares that it doesn't run on fones or linux shit?
nobody that matters
>>
>>181087914

No RetroArch core.
>>
>>181084764
The one in the NES was new I think. Will probably be the same for the SNES.
>>
>>181087207
Play! can run on Windows,Linux,macOS, iOS and Android anon...
>>
>>181084764
>Someone was able to identify the one on the NES Mini?
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Kachikachi
>>
>>181079821

Pretty sure that ain't gonna work. Doesn't the Pi have a lightweight CPU? Saturn emulation is more demanding (for now, anyway) than the PSX core. The PSX core requires at least a AMD Phenom or Intel Core 2 Duo at present to be reasonably well-behaved. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the RasPi can't get even close to matching that.
>>
>>181089874
Pi3 has a quadcore 1.2 GHz CPU (that you can overclock to 1.4 without problems, even 1.6 with a heatsink), I don't know how bad would it run, but two days ago we had a new CPU emulation core for the android Yabause version, and there is some "clones" of Pi running android, just look at this little monster http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G143452239825 (OctaCore running at 2.0 GHz).
>>
>>181089874
Don't know how big is the gap between a RPi's CPU and a Celeron N2840, but Final Fantasy VII worked perfectly on Mednafen last time I've tried.
>>
>>181090364
What is the clock of this CPU model?
>>
>>181090517
2.16 GHz. it supposedly should reach 2.5 with turbo boost but it never goes past 2.1 for me. It's also a Dual Core without HT, in case it's worth mentioning.
>>
>>181090810
Pi3 can run at 1.6 GHz max (with a heatsink), afaik. But it's a quadcore, if the emulator gain any performance from the extra cores... but 500 MHz it's a big difference anyway. Maybe Odroid can run it then (OctaCore at 2.0 GHz)
>>
>>181006986
Did you configure it as being the Wii U adapter with the switch on it being set to Wii U mode, or did you configure it as a PC controller with the switch on it being said to PC mode?
>>
>>181089874
>Phenom

Runs fine on an Athlon 64 X2.
>>
Retard question, but when I'm on Emuparadise and I see a "v1.0" and a "v1.1" for a specific game, is that referring to the version of the game or is it that the copy itself has been improved in some way?
>>
>>181064923
>>181064072
On phones your probably better off with PCSX-reARMed
>>
>>181094820
It refers to the game revision being different from the launch release.
>>
>>181095817
So an actual patch to the game software itself by the developers. Cool, thanks.
>>
What's the best option for emulating DS games in 240p on a CRT?
>>
>>181098174

My pulsating cock.
>>
how does Nintendo's VC SNES emulator compare to Higan?
>>
>>181098174
My throbbing member.
>>
>>181102437
Not a fair comparison, but it's bad. Cycle accurate emulation can't even be compared to HLE emulation
>>
I want to play SSX Tricky, should I emulate it for GC or PS2?
>>
>>181103905
really? I'm curious to see how the SNES Classic will be with regard to colour accuracy, input lag, and any other factors that determine quality of emulation. I'm guessing SNES Classic video output will be limited to 720p as with the NES Classic
>>
>>181102437
Here's a list of things wrong from a small selection of games on VC:
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Snes_injection

Here's a list of things wrong in all known SNES games on Higan:
>>
>>181104112
Wasn't Wii U somehow worse than Wii?

And wasn't NES Classic somehow better than VC?
>>
>>181104074
I was asking here some hours ago what was the emulator inside the NES Mini, read this: http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Kachikachi
They can't even get NES emulation right on a system built ONLY FOR NES EMULATION. You can expect the worse
>>
https://www.libretro.com/index.php/new-core-dolphin-windowslinux-alpha-release/
Lemme grab my popcorn.
>>
guys how do you set your silent hill 1 resolution to fit the monitor screen or do you know 1440p optimum resolution for play station game, is it 640 x 480 or ?
>>
>>181106842
I've used PCXR_PGP with the widescreen hack, doesn't matter the resolution as long as it is widescreen to fit the entire screen this way
>>
Is there any way to fix the fucked aspect ratio in PS1 games in Mednafen? It's supposedly "faithful to what a NTSC PS1 would display", but the aspect ratio is simply wrong, eg. things that are supposed to be circles aren't correctly circular, etc.

I remember using Retroarch a few years ago which was good for this because it actually had aspect ratio settings (ideal for Castlevania SOTN with its ridiculous 18:17 ratio), but I can't get the latest version to work for some reason.
>>
>>181107057
im using pcsxr with pete opengl and audio
i tried using the 1440p resolution but the game stretch longer to the right
any fix?
also what is your ps1 top games?
>>
>>181106842
>>181107057
>stretching PS1 games to widescreen
fucking stop, jesus christ
>>
>>181106761
Give me some popcorn and explain why are we eating popcorn and what are you waiting for in that thread?
>>
>>181107340
whats your recomendation resolution for 1440p monitor then?
>>
>>181107243
You need to use a modified version to use the fixes/hacks + the correct plugin, Google for it for 10 minutes and come back to me if you don't find it. Top 10 is very hard to say, the PS1 library is giant, but Silent Hill 1 sure is one of my favorite games.
>>181107340
What are you talking about you retarded? There is NO stretching at all, PCSXR-PGP can render beyond what the original PS1 allowed, this way the game is actually widescreen (within some of the system limitations, like in some games some stuff just don't render beyond what you should be able to see in the native resolution)
>>
>>181107434
the native resolution of the PS1
>>
>>181107850
>this way the game is actually widescreen
PS1 games are not widescreen
>>
>>181107850
well i dont now any modified version
since the emulator ideas and configuration i got from the silent hill guide updated to 31/3
so yeah
do you know any? i never emulate before
thats why i have no idea about this stuff
>>
>>181108245
I disagree
>>
>>181082203
Anybody have any insight on this?
>>
>>181101981
>>181102513

?????
>>
>>181108649
well done, you've ruined the game's atmosphere because for some reason it was important to you to have more pixels
>>
>>181112334
How the resolution somehow ruined the atmosphere? It's much more immersive not having two giant black stripes on the sides of the screen anon
>>
>>181106761
>>181107415
With the New Dolphin libretro core someone could think that peoplke over here (specifically the dramafags) would get worked up, but so far nothing happened.. maybe they're asleep.

>>181111470
Their dicks.
>>
>>181112692
By what I've read on the reddit thread, not much drama on their side too (a little, but not much)
>>
>>181004289
So there's a lot of talk about the performance in the comments of that. Is the performance just shit during the shader generation or do ubershaders just make it constantly run like shit?
>>
>>181113690
Both situations are true, ubershaders are not ready yet
>>
>>181112560
>giant black stripes
I will never understand why people are so autistic about this. The image has to end somewhere, be it the bezels of your screen or "black bars". Preserving the original look of the game is so much more important than tiny mental step it takes to just not think about blank space.

And yes, increasing the resolution of PS1 games is retarded. The textures and geometry are not designed to be viewed with that level of clarity, all it does it highlight how crude they are in an even more extreme fashion.
>>
>>181114715
>I will never understand why people are so autistic about this
You're the one going nuts about, making you the autistic anon
> The image has to end somewhere, be it the bezels of your screen or "black bars"
So I'm still right, because the image ends anyway, I just can see a little more than in the original console.
>Preserving the original look of the game is so much more important than tiny mental step it takes to just not think about blank space.
Still being autistic, aren't we? It's visually better, this is not a personal taste thing, it's objective
>And yes, increasing the resolution of PS1 games is retarded.
Nope, and while I agree that most humans look awful at higher resolutions, the scenario and the monsters look much better
>The textures and geometry are not designed to be viewed with that level of clarity, all it does it highlight how crude they are in an even more extreme fashion
The geometry don't look much worse, you're just not hiding the fact that they're bad with effects/lower resolutions. With the textures I agree, they look really bad on higher resolutions
>>
>>181112692
>This branch is 155 commits ahead, 1246 commits behind dolphin-emu:master.
You're welcome.
>>
File: Cemu_2017-06-29_14-23-26.png (949KB, 1286x764px) Image search: [Google]
Cemu_2017-06-29_14-23-26.png
949KB, 1286x764px
What the fuck do verse points do?
>>
What's the best way of emulating SNES on the Wii?

On RetroArch I have either good performance and no saving (SNES9X 2010) or stuttering and saving (SNES9X), and if I want to get rid of stuttering on the latter, I have to do this weird thing which is switching to a different core and back to it. Which, if I quit RetroArch, makes it crash and it doesn't save shit anyways. So I'm fucked right here.

I just want my 240p SNES emulation. Maybe the standalone is better?
>>
>>181115393
>bigger is beautiful
>raaahrarahah
>>
>Please be patient and keep the faith, we have not forgotten about macOS users and we have not relegated them to second-class citizen either.

Everytime
>>
File: 123.png (49KB, 650x512px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
49KB, 650x512px
what are the best emulators I can run on this thing?
>>
>>181134558
I see you are already emulating a space heater.
>>
>>181134558
NES, SNES, GB/GBC/GBA, NDS, PS1, PSP, N64 and just maybe some of the most light titles of the PS2 and GameCube.
>>
https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-core/issues/319
>>
>>181106761

no mention of the guy who actually made the port happen.

gj SP
>>
>>181140656

We are thankful for that. We are less thankful for this contrived drama that came out of nowhere that to this day has went unresolved, but we can't help it either. We don't mention his name to prevent any additional drama from going on and because we don't know if he still wants to be associated or not. It's hard to tell what thin-skinned people can get triggered by these days.
>>
>>181083398
Funny how fedoras are the ones you can see with 3ds.
>>
>>181140656
Aliaspider stabbed him in the back.
>>
>>181145026
quitting != backstabbing
>>
>>181140478
I have to agree with Daniel on this one.
>>
>>181145161
>how to buy a slave retroarch edition
05:30 <@Twinaphex> honestly man
05:30 <@Twinaphex> I’ve thrown money at people before
05:30 <@Twinaphex> like aliaspider
05:30 <@Twinaphex> and loganmc10
05:30 <@Twinaphex> both those guys stabbed me in the bac
05:30 <@Twinaphex> back*
05:30 <@Twinaphex> it’s never seen as a generous offer
05:30 <@Twinaphex> people always take it for granted
>>
>>181145548

This was in reference to r5 asking Twinaphex giving a guy making a libretro frontend money for his efforts. It did not come up out of the blue. Maybe don't post things out of context for the sake of riling up drama.
>>
>>181146181
>Maybe don't post things out of context for the sake of riling up drama.

Pajeet literally lives for the drama. If the drama were to stop, he'd probably kill himself because his life would no longer have purpose.
>>
>>181146489
>If the drama were to stop
With Dramapusher? Lifetime entertainment.
>>
>>181140478
>pop up in issue tracker demanding devs shit up their codebase because he can't be assed to code a proper Makefile
>waaa why even bother upstreaming waaa
SP, have you ever considered that perhaps devs don't give a shit about what you think, if you're just going to unilaterally make demands from them while not really giving them anything in return?
>>
>>181146935
>SP, have you ever considered that perhaps devs don't give a shit about what you think
This is true. Those Mupen64Minus "devs" are not too bright. Their priorities are way out of line. I can't believe they are wasting their time on goals such as removing global variables LOL.

>if you're just going to unilaterally make demands from them while not really giving them anything in return?
Mupen64Minus devs take code from libretro and Project64. So they really are losing out by not caring about SP's concerns. I hope this convinces him to give up on those hopeless "devs", for good..

SP needs to team up with the right devs, instead of wannabe devs.
>>
>>181146935
They already shitted up the codebase, he just wants them to unshit it up. The makefile thing is literally a hack anyway.
>>
File: smug emudev with cake.jpg (151KB, 744x780px) Image search: [Google]
smug emudev with cake.jpg
151KB, 744x780px
https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-core/issues/319
>>
>>181148616
>I'm sorry but I find this to be a very poor compromise that effectively slams the door shut on any hopes there is of ever getting libretro upstream.

Anything that keeps Trollpusher out of your codebase is an excellent design decision.
>>
>>181149181
>muh SP hateboner
>>
>>181149181
Mupen64Minus is still inferior to PJ64 and 1964 Tbh senpai.
>>
Pcsx2 wiki still down...
>>
File: 1365329404414.jpg (46KB, 478x500px) Image search: [Google]
1365329404414.jpg
46KB, 478x500px
>>181147563
>false flagging as SP samefag defending himself
>>
File: just as the devs intended.png (96KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
just as the devs intended.png
96KB, 720x480px
Bumping.
>>
I'm trying to play Sonic CD with Genesis Plus GX on Retroarch Android but it's not working. I downloaded the BIOS and set the folder it's in. The game is in a bin/cue format and I extracted it but when I try to load the .cue it fails. Anyone know what in doing wrong?
>>
>>181156567
fug nevermind I forgot to rename the bios
>>
File: 1490984392623.png (1MB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490984392623.png
1MB, 1080x720px
>N64 emulation can't be LLE with hardware rendering since it'd take too much CPU power to run!
>meanwhile that approach is used for 3DS, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, emulators, systems that are more powerful
>>
>>181160034
>N64 emulation can't be LLE with hardware rendering since it'd take too much CPU power to run!
m8, z64gl is full speed.

>meanwhile that approach is used for 3DS
top kek. citra's performance is awful.
>>
File: smug emudev.jpg (145KB, 924x888px) Image search: [Google]
smug emudev.jpg
145KB, 924x888px
>>181160456
>top kek. citra's performance is awful.

thank you, been doing my best
>>
File: maximumtrollingbysynkni.gif (212KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
maximumtrollingbysynkni.gif
212KB, 720x479px
>>181160456

Fullspeed with Perfect Dark?
>>
Hey guys, what's the best place to get me some PS3 games in pkg format? I want to get into RPCS3 and I want to start by trying a few unlisted games (MvsC2, Scott Pilgrim, etc)
>>
>>181163389
The site psndl?
>>
>>181163701
>psndl
Thanks, this looks magical. I was starting to wonder if there were a similar solution for the PSN store to what we have for Wii U/3DS, and there you have it! As obvious as it might seem, this is literally my first time thinking about PS3 emulation.
>>
I updated MAME for Retroarch and now my cps2 roms don't load, what do?
>>
>>181164223
Probably got yourself a romset of a different MAME version. Either find a way to recover your last core version, or save yourself future problem and stick to one of the "standarized" MAME versions.

mame2000_libretro is for MAME 0.37
mame2003_libretro is for MAME 0.78
mame2010_libretro is for MAME 0.139
mame2014_libretro is for MAME 0.159

The 2003 one is a very popular and easy to find one (since it's an older version, it generally runs faster than laters ones and it's often used on arcade cabinets, but you'll be missing post 2003 games)

Personally I downloaded the latest MAME romset from archive.org and converted it to MAME 0.159 and have stuck with MAME 2014 on RetroArch ever since (you can only convert a set back but not forward though)
>>
>>181148616
Well that's a shame
I wish these guys weren't so hot headed and were more willing to work together.
SP says he wants to colaborate but all I see is "do things exactly how I like them or I'll insult you and drop all this shit on the next post"
>>
>>181106761
>Further requirements: This core requires that you turn on ‘Enable Shared Hardware Context’, otherwise you will only see a single texture being displayed onscreen instead of the game screen.

I expect they set that as a core override by default and save themselves the trouble of all the people asking why the thing crashes, they don't actually expect that every single one of their users track down this specific news post before trying this shiny new core that popped up on their core updater.

Because that would only add up to the people shitting on the RA's UI and stablity, just like the "Vulkan only" and "GL only" cores mess that straight up crash the emulator instead of giving you some directions. They could save people lots of problem very easily by setting some BASIC core overrides, just decide not to...
>>
File: 1497540087490.jpg (10KB, 177x215px) Image search: [Google]
1497540087490.jpg
10KB, 177x215px
>>181165501
>The upcoming version of RetroArch (version 1.6.1) might make it unnecessary to toggle this, saving you the hassle of having to do this.
>might
>>
>>181164223
>>181164779
Thanks for the reply, anon, but turns out that I just needed to update the qsound rom.
>>
File: 1497912930872.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497912930872.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6kajbl/should_i_use_separate_emulators_or_just_retroarch/
>>
>>181164960
I can't blame SP. Several other people have acknowledged that M64p "devs" are no good. They don't bother trying to do anything important. Even freaking Luigiblood couldn't be bothered to deal with them anymore.
>>
Upstream Desmume libretro when?
>>
>>181170576
Desmume is dead bro
>>
>>181169893
>Luigiblood
Who cares what that stupid frenchman thinks.
>>
>>181170840
>stupid frenchman
What did he do wrong?
>>
>>181171008
I just can't stand cheese eating surrender monkeys.
>>
File: Smug Ryder.png (637KB, 794x960px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Ryder.png
637KB, 794x960px
>>181167315
>emulator developers are not a huge fan of RetroArch since it "siphons users" from the main branch which means that the other elements of the emulator (UI, etc...) do not get tested. They also choose to maintain older branches of some emulators in particular which can cause unnecessary bug reports for the emulator developers. You may choose to avoid those cores (like bsnes) out of respect for the original developer, but as long as you check the current upstream of the core before reporting any bugs to them you should be fine.

>The other issue is that some of the cores are outdated. This isn't as big an issue with older consoles that are already well-emulated, but something like ppsspp has had many updates since the latest libretro core. My recommendation is to use RetroArch as a "base" and grab any other emulators for cases where performance is not up to expectations.
>>
File: QZ0zSVd.png (54KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
QZ0zSVd.png
54KB, 512x512px
What are the ideal graphics/CPU settings for Ishiiruka Dolphin? I have no interest in playing games in 16:9, but want to play them in HD.

I have an i5 7600K, GTX 1070 and 16GB of RAM.
>>
>>181178218

FAPFAPFAP
>>
>>181167315
>>181172657

You have to go back.
>>
>>181179596
Meme it all you want, that's where the devs are
>>
>>181179997
Some of them lurk here too anon...
>>
>>181180297
Who?
>>
Dolphin and PCSX2 BTFO'd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqZkuw3Sr0I
>>
>>181181054
While the progress on RPCS3 is amazing, the system specs to get this performance are still too high. Also, it's already in HD on Dolphin if you set the internal resolution to higher values. I've tested Demon's Souls, performance it's getting better, but still far from playable on larger open areas
>>
File: 1496195667870.gif (2MB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1496195667870.gif
2MB, 500x379px
What's the best way to emulate Paper Mario?
>>
>>181180297
No one of any value.
>>
https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1665

>Once again, I ask people who have forked code I've written to **please** be civil about it. Please. Everyone makes mistakes. I never claimed my code was perfect. I never charged anyone for it. I've never forced anyone to use and work with my codebase. If you can just come to me with issues, I'll try to fix them. Even in this case, where the code in question is no longer in higan. Please stop using every little mistake I make as ammunition to attack my character on other forums, without even telling me there's an issue so I can try to fix it. Or if you can't be civil about it, then please stop using my code. I'm having a really tough time handling the stress of being constantly hounded for every minor misstep I make.

Be nice to byuu, guys.
>>
>>181183140
Sounds reasonable. Nothing to see here.
>>
>>181182089

My engorged tallywhacker.
>>
>>181183450
Stop forcing this dumb meme
>>
>>181107434
Thank you anon you made my day.
Time to download Okami and ha some fun.
Hopefully Nier gets a speed boost by the time I'm done with Okami
>>
>>181183140

The TASVideos thread he's referring to is here:

http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12549&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1275

Also this:

https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12&p=42176#p42162
>>
Why do people hate byuu?
>>
>>181185925
success breeds jealousy
>>
>>181183660

Tell it to my sun-soaked manroot.
>>
>>181185925
Because he doesn't collaborate very well. He constantly reinvents his own standards to suit his whims, regardless if anyone else is contributing to them.
>>
>>181185925

Whiny pedo bitch.
>>
2013 drama nostalgia incoming

https://byuu.qwertymodo.com/board/viewtopic.php@f=3&t=3626.html

This was the first time I encountered Squarepusher as well...
>>
>>181172657
>performance not up to excpectations
Beetle PSX literally ran like shit on my toaster this morning when I've tried it compared to epsxe which runs at full speed, and PS1 emulation with enhancements was literally the only reason I gave RA a try.
Is the OGL Renderer trash by any chance?
In any case I'll never fucking again at least untl I get a Vulkan-compatible GPU.

>>181183140
Sounds completely reasonable, to be quite honest.
>>
>>181188093

> Beetle PSX literally ran like shit on my toaster this morning when I've tried it compared to epsxe which runs at full speed, and PS1 emulation with enhancements was literally the only reason I gave RA a try.
Is the OGL Renderer trash by any chance?

One has a dynarec, one doesn't. It has nothing to do with the GL renderer's quality or the Vulkan renderer's quality. Your CPU is simply too shit to run at fullspeed with interpreter CPU core.

Stick to epsxe for your toaster.
>>
>>181104035
When in doubt, default to Cube.
That said, the SSX games emulate very well on PCSX2, plus the PS2 versions have better controls in my opinion. The only downside is typical PS2 blur, but it kinda works for SSX and you can probably eliminate it with the right settings.
>>
>>181114715
>I will never understand why people are so autistic about this.
>he said immediately after throwing a fit over someone else's preference
Really makes you think.
>>
>>181188093
>>181188987
is there a way to make xbr NOT apply to sprites? i believe pcsxr does this
>>
>>181145548
Still waiting on that fork pajeet. Don't think we have forgotten about the coup you promised us.
>>
>>181190678

Why do you assume he's Hindi?
>>
>>181190808
Why do you think i care?
>>
>>181190956

Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>181188987
>interpreter
Oh, now it makes sense. Thanks for the explanation Anon.
>>
>>181190808
Because he cannot into proper English.

It doesn't matter what his real nationality is, anyone who can't write English correctly is probably from some third world shithole.
>>
>>181191092
So? who doesn't? Jesus freeks died. Only afterbeth suvvived, they all congregate on /pol/ Fuck off there if you need to join them.
Fucking make that fork you overdramatic faggot.
>>
>>181191357

Oh, OK. So like this fuckhole, then >>181191468 ?
>>
>>181191802
Honestly you are worse than SP at this point, for missing deadlines.
You promised us the fork and a coup to go along with it. In a dramatic 2 hours long thread the other week. Don't go thinking we have forgotten. Or did your mouth cash a cheque your ass has no way of honoring?
>>
>>181192207

You actually do think I'm "him", don't you?

What a very sad delusional little man you are.
>>
>>181192634
Don't try and weasel out of it faggot. We know it is you. Don't try to hide and claim you are somebody else. That fork, better get to work.
>>
File: 1420582225411.gif (915KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1420582225411.gif
915KB, 245x180px
>>181193040
>>
File: 1494545419834.jpg (30KB, 413x441px) Image search: [Google]
1494545419834.jpg
30KB, 413x441px
>>181196912
Get to it, faggot.
>>
>>181041991
Anyone? Looked it up and still not sure what I'm doing wrong.
>>
Soo.. this happened >>>/g/61148318
>>
>>181205279
Time to throw away my i7-7700k
>>
>>181205279
Finialy AMD are coming out swinging. Lets just hope intel don't pull any jew tricks to keep it down.
>>
>>181205279
>OC'd $170 CPU == Stock $340 CPU
Shame it probably can't be pushed any further. But fuck, it's half the price.
>>
>>181197079

No. >:D
>>
Do you ever feel like you're using emulation to live in the past
>>
>>181209193

Nope. Sounds like you need to take your meds friendo.
>>
File: Far out man.jpg (22KB, 299x400px) Image search: [Google]
Far out man.jpg
22KB, 299x400px
>>181209193
There is a past in all of us man.
>>
File: 1470240392589.png (27KB, 417x414px) Image search: [Google]
1470240392589.png
27KB, 417x414px
>>181205279
Why are those numbers so far off from mine?
Is it because I'm using a more recent version?
>>
>>181188093
Nice Pentium 4.
>>
>>181210273
>blaming people's hardware instead of the poorly optimized software
nice meme
>>
File: cpu.png (16KB, 408x409px) Image search: [Google]
cpu.png
16KB, 408x409px
>>181209701
I wouldn't trust it.
>>
>>181209701
>Is it because I'm using a more recent version?
Yep. It's basically like comparing the times between different versions of the Dolphin benchmark.
>>
>>181209701
Every version is different. Grab the version in the screenshot to properly compare.
>>
>>181209193
No, but I do like to relive old memories in a higher quality than back then.

>>181209701
Ryzen almost equals Kaby Lake in Instructions Per Clock which means it's naturally superior to Haswell's, DDR3 RAM is worse than DDR4 and Ryzen benefits from their high speed too.
Also, you're 500MHz behind the R5 used in that test which also counts.

>>181210273
Celeron N2840 (Its single threaded performance is supposedly on par with a C2Q Q6600's), actually.

>>181210918
The results may vary, but your numbers are close to the reference's. I never really benched CPUs nor used CPU-Z for anything except to check the instructions my CPU had access to, but isn't it possible that the results with the i7 7700k that was used for reference to the program were taken long ago which wouldn't count in any microcode released afterwards that could potentially improve performance in any way?
Again, I'm a total ignorant so I don't know how the whole "reference" thing on the program even works.
>>
>>181213312
>>181213332
And here I thought it'd be more complicated.
>>
File: CPUwtf.png (26KB, 405x415px) Image search: [Google]
CPUwtf.png
26KB, 405x415px
>>181210918
Mine to yours Same verson. My cpu is oced to 4.4ghz is yours stock?
>>
Is there any way to improve the perfomance in BOTW? I'm using 1.7.5 since 1.8.0 doesn't seem to help AMD users a lot
I've already tried speedhack and i get 19-21fps outside while in villages i get something like 12-14fps
>>
>>181214517
Disable GPUFence, use Cemuhook, Cap the framerate to 30 and use the latest version, there's nothing else than that, I think. You didn't mentioned your hardware so there's the chance your PC is just too weak even though BotW is demanding to the point it's almost if not impossible to run it at 30 Stable FPS at the moment.
>>
What is the max fps possible for Ocarina of Time (N64)? I'm using the Project64 oveclock function, Fraps is showing 60 fps, but clearly the number is wrong
>>
>>181213753
>is yours stock

Yes it is.
>>
>>181216392
OOT (NTSC) is locked at 20fps. You can use a GS code to raise it to 30 or 60, but the game's pace will be too fast unfortunately. I can't remember where the GS code is.
>>
>>181216392
20 for NTSC and like 16.6 or something for PAL.
>>
>>181216528
>>181216567
Thx anons, I've played before, with the overclock function the framerate is REALLY locked at 20fps with no drops (vanilla fps seems to float all around), looks better than without it. I'll try to force it to at least 30
>>
>>181216698
The higher framerate you go the more shit breaks. I think the hookshot is really fucked and so are a few other things.
>>
>>181216741
I've found this, includes the fixes for some stuff already:

Zelda 60fps+JumpFix+CrawlFix
D11C8680 0000
801C6F2D 009C
D11C8680 0000
801C6FA1 0003
D31C8680 0000
801C6F2D 00D8
D31C8680 0000
801C6FA1 0001
>>
>>181215687
Doesn't Cemuhook disable GPUFence by default?
Also, i'm sorry i cant post my hardware, i'm not on my pc right now
>>
>>181216528
>>181216567
did they increase the framerate for the 3ds version of oot?
>>
>>181217194
It's 30 on 3DS
>>
>>181217194
Yeah but they also fucked up the art style.
>>
Does Citra emulate SMT4/Apoc at a playable state yet?
>>
>>181217452
Playable, yes, but it's still slow in the dungeons
>>
Not a single cheat worked (not even the one I've posted), Ocarina of Time is still at 20 fps
>>
>>181218032
maybe u have a diff version of OOT?
>>
>>181218269
I'm was using the 1.2, I'll try with the 1.0 now
>>
>>181218349
Aaaaand nothing
>>
>>181218349
>>181218952
try using cheats on a different game. maybe you're just doing that part wrong.
>>
>>181223405
Already did it, cheats are working, but this one in special no
>>
Tried playing a rom patched with this hack
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3315/
on mgba, and it gets stuck on the "Mario Start!" screen. It works just fine on VBA. Has anyone else had this problem?
>>
File: romhacking upgrade.jpg (772KB, 1907x964px) Image search: [Google]
romhacking upgrade.jpg
772KB, 1907x964px
>>181226916

>romhack.net's new shitty cluttered look

Anyways, for your question:

1. The romhack only works in vba. It's the most popular so it's what people test. IT doesn't work on real hardware.

2. The romhack works on real hardware, and mgba is the one at fault.
>>
>>181226916
Fixed it by specifically enabling RTC and GB Player in the "Game Overrides" menu. GBP alone prolly works too.
>>
>>181227327
Jeez I was on there a week or so ago. This new look is awful
>>
>>181227327
>>181229705
isn't the column width the same as before? they're just using the empty space from the 1997 resolution layout
>>
>>181230739
It looks more cramped to me. And "we already wasted a lot of space anyway so let's keep doing it" is a poor excuse.
>>
>>181128356
Anyone?
>>
>>181227327
I disagree, I think it looks rather nice.
>>
>>181230832
oh, is it more cramped? been a while since i've used it.
it'd be nice if they added a 'hottest files of the week/month/whatever' section
>>
File: cancer.png (1MB, 1401x929px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
1MB, 1401x929px
>looking for some recent videos of N64 gameplay on a RPi 3 and the latest RetroPie build
>see this monstrosity https://youtu.be/Gdqa1PojiRs?t=2m

Skip to 2:00, it'll give you eye-strain and possibly cancer.

Why do people still make these terrible 'hi-res' texture packs for N64 games?
>>
>>181233395
Just me or the audio emulation has some issues too?
>>
File: untitled.png (930KB, 810x677px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
930KB, 810x677px
Finally got it to work, it looks absolutely prettier than the vanilla game.
>>
File: 2017-06-30_10-46-18.webm (3MB, 638x476px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-30_10-46-18.webm
3MB, 638x476px
>>
Say fellows, I'll be gettin' a new PC after a long while. It won't be top of the line, but compared to the bucket I've been using for the last 5 years, it'll be a nice change. I'm curious though, is Intel Core i5 7400+GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB good for emulation?
>>
>>181239089
Depends, what are you going to emulate?
>>
>>181233395
Weren't the textures in Super Mario 64 DS better? If so I wouldn't mind a texture pack on the original N64 game, but I doubt they were.
>>
>>181235503
t. Underage fag
>>
>>181239903

I was thinking of emulating some of rpgs I've not been able to play in past, ones with Dolphin. I think the name was Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles.
>>
>>181242392
>Dolphin
Yeah, your specs are more than enough for Dolphin.
>>
Another Kickstarter turned out to be a scam

http://obscurehandhelds.com/2017/06/rhomb-io-terminates-partnership-with-smach-z-team/?replytocom=205053#respond
>>
>>181240379
>Weren't the textures in Super Mario 64 DS better?
More detailed and less colorful.
>>
>>181181054
>can't uncap the framerate to 60fps
Well at-least it runs very well even on my older build
>>
>>181235503
>>181236107

TITVS....GET THE CROSS!
>>
>trying to run NieR in RPCS3
>log says it can't find files
>look around if I didn't fuck up the unpacking or some stupid shit
>suspicious series of files that look like one big file that has been split up
STABLE.SDAT.666XX
>decide to look around for other dumps
>sure enough it's supposed to be one single 4.2GB file
>FAT32 strikes again
I haven't tested it yet but I'm almost sure it's the issue
I'm gonna guess this is the kind of shit that's gonna drive people up the fucking wall in a couple years, fucking FAT32 niggers.
Just in case does anyone here know if this shit is reversible if it turns out it is indeed the issue?
>>
>>181252932
ps3tools probably.
>>
>>181253135
Seems like it's from spilt4G.
Problem is I can't seem to run it and I'm not even sure the program has a rejoin option since that's supposed to be done by multiman when you install the game on your CFW PS3 and I don't have that.
>>
Cemu 1.8.1b Publicly Released
>>
>>181254678
Can't wait to play any of the new compatible titles, such as 'web browser'!
>>
>>181254785
Bayo 2 sound got fixed iirc
>>
>>181254661
>>181252932
nvm fixed it :^)
PS3merge, even does the job for you which is pretty neat
>>
does launchbox scrape videos for PSP?
>>
why raine is not reccomended?
>>
>>181259220
It's worse than other alternative except for a couple niche systems iirc.
>>
>>180989194

What that website where you can play 2-player emulation? I want to co-op gunstar heros.
>>
>>181181054
You know what's crazy?
PCSX2 takes more resources to emulate OKAMI than RPCS3
>>
>>181260373
I seriously doubt that.
>>
>>181260373
>I want to co-op gunstar heros.
>>181260657
>>
>>181228932
If you're emulating the Game Boy Player, it should automatically use the SNES palette, no hack required.
>>
>>181260929
>I want to co-op gunstar heros.
>>
File: PCSX2 is a fucking meme.jpg (181KB, 1136x618px) Image search: [Google]
PCSX2 is a fucking meme.jpg
181KB, 1136x618px
>>181260657
Oh yeah?
Watch this.
>>
>>181262232
Holy shit
>>
>>181262232
What am I supposed to be looking at here, aside from the fact rpcs3 requires vulkan and three times the RAM?
>>
File: 1434164729999.gif (233KB, 410x275px) Image search: [Google]
1434164729999.gif
233KB, 410x275px
>>181262232

>Accurate LLE vs incomplete speedhack based HLE
>>
>>181262895
>What am I supposed to be looking at here
CPU usage

>side from the fact rpcs3 requires vulkan
PCSX2 requires a GPU that is competent at doing OGL4.x a which is even more restrictive.

>three times the RAM?Got me there but I doubt this is a factor for anyone who has a computer capable of running eitehr to begin with.

>>181262975
PCSX2 has more bugs that RPCS3 and PCSX2 has to use hacks to prevent the game from looking rwrong., so much for accurate LLE.
>>
>>181263362
whoa 4% wow
>>
>>181262232
Somebody make a leddit thread about that
>>
>>181263362
How can you say RAM isn't a problem but the graphics card is restrictive if you don't have anything from the past 5-6 years?
>>
>>181263362
>CPU usage
Seriously, 4% CPU time difference, measured by a still screenshot of the task manager as if CPU time didn't fluctuate all the time.

>PCSX2 requires a GPU that is competent at doing OGL4.x a which is even more restrictive.
Which fucking GPUs can do Vulkan without issue but can't run OGL4.x?

>Got me there but I doubt this is a factor for anyone who has a computer capable of running eitehr to begin with.
But somehow 10% total CPU time consumption is something worth crusading over.

>PCSX2 has more bugs that RPCS3
You honestly don't believe that, do you? Pretty much every game has bugs on RPCS3, you could count on one hand the number of games that run well enough to be "playable".
>>
>>181263558
In what world do you live ? 4% IS a big deal, for a 3.0 GHz CPU this alone is 120 MHz per core wasted only because PCSX2 was badly coded from ground up
>>181263619
I want to see this drama, DO IT
>>181263823
Again, compare the price of a 4 GB RAM module to the price of a GPU?
>>
>>181264093
Pretty much every game on the "Playable" list of PCSX2 has at least 1 or 2 problems (most of thems are present for years).
>>
>>181264264
Even if such a hyperbole were true, that's still better than where rpcs3 is now.
>>
>>181264425
You've never used PCSX2 or never visited the wiki site then, or you would know that this is true
>>
>>181264425
And I don't agree with the "that's still better than where rpcs3 is now", RPCS3 is progressing, while PCSX2 is pretty much dead, the entire thing must be remade to even have a chance of becoming a good emulator in the future (and sure, no one will do this)
>>
>>181263823
Even people with 4GB can spare 1.5GB to a program
And 4 GB isn't exactly something hard to get nowadays.

>>181264093
>Seriously, 4% CPU time difference, measured by a still screenshot of the task manager as if CPU time didn't fluctuate all the time.
Actually if I did show the fluctuation PCSX2 would look even worse, PCSX2 hovered at 10 with some rare spikes to 11% while RPCS3 just sits at around 3-6%.

>Which fucking GPUs can do Vulkan without issue but can't run OGL4.x?
AMD

>But somehow 10% total CPU time consumption is something worth crusading over.
I'm not crusading over it I'm just pointing it out, no need to take it that personally.

>You honestly don't believe that, do you?
PCSX2 has Z-Fighting all throughout the game even at native and even with SW, add to that many small annoyances (mostly misaligned effects) if you use HW instead of SW

RPCS3 for now has some sound stuttering sometimes and occasionally a texture that cuts off too soon for a second obviously I haven't finished the game in RPCS3 yet so maybe there's indeed some great gamebreaking bug waiting for me but for the hour or so I played I still had less glaring issues with RPCS3 than I had with PCSX2 on that game.
>>
>>181264563
>You've never used PCSX2 or never visited the wiki site then, or you would know that this is true
That's not even an attempt at an argument.

>>181264717
>the entire thing must be remade to even have a chance of becoming a good emulator in the future
I love how stuff gets distorted as it is passed from mouth to mouth. Just FYI, what everyone's always whined about and claimed that it needed to be remade from scratch was gsdx, the graphic plugin. And even that is a bit of an exaggeration.

>>181265039
>AMD
Funny you mention that, I beat Okami on PCSX2 with the OGL backend on an AMD GPU. An AMD GPU so old it can't do Vulkan at all. And yes I was using hardware mode and it ran fullspeed.
>>
>>181265958
>Just FYI, what everyone's always whined about and claimed that it needed to be remade from scratch was gsdx, the graphic plugin.
In that case, how's that x64 support coming along?
>>
>>181265958
>That's not even an attempt at an argument.
So you didn't even used the wiki a single time, almost every game has issues (that you'll not see fixed anytime soon...).
>I love how stuff gets distorted as it is passed from mouth to mouth. Just FYI, what everyone's always whined about and claimed that it needed to be remade from scratch was gsdx, the graphic plugin. And even that is a bit of an exaggeration.
No anon, the entire emulator is hold together with glue, most of the code are hacks oriented to specific games (or don't you think it's strange that you need to fine tune it to each game before running?). And using plugins, what fucking year are we?
>>
>>181265958
>That's not even an attempt at an argument.
Depends on how autistic you are about inaccuracies but yeah there's not many games where I can truly say there's no apparent issues. Actually 2, Fur Fighter and Ape Escape 3, and even then that's probably because I didn't check hard enough

>what everyone's always whined about and claimed that it needed to be remade from scratch was gsdx
The problem is that it seems no one knows shit about the core program so core issues will not get fixed for a very long time, whereas GSdx might eventually fix most issues provided gregory keeps at it.

>I beat Okami on PCSX2 with the OGL backend on an AMD GPU
Good to know, there's some games that are like that.

>>181266368
>how's that x64 support coming along?
Dropped because the speed gains were inconclusive at best (not that they actually ported the recompiler and instead benched with the utterly broken interpreter but hey what do I know I'm not a PCSX2 dev)
>>
>>181261798
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>181266694
>don't you think it's strange that you need to fine tune it to each game before running?
That's got nothing to do with the game-specific hacks actually, gsdx has an internal database of gamefixes it applies automatically so long as you have it enabled (it's the "crc hack" setting). All the other stuff is just optional less accurate behavior for the sake of speed or enhancements, all of it could simply be disabled if you don't want to have to mess with it ever.

>>181267517
>Fur Fighter and Ape Escape 3, and even then that's probably because I didn't check hard enough
Ape Escape 3 has problems with the in-engine cutscenes in HW mode, characters leave a trail of after-images on the background. Believe me I'm more autistic about inaccuracies than all of you combined and most stuff is fixed by using the OGL backend. In fact this whole situation is hilarious to me because I've always been very critical of PCSX2, and remember arguing with people who claimed it was better than Dolphin because it ran on whatever while Dolphin required a top-of-the-line CPU. However the two or so guys that since a couple weeks ago fly into a blind, pants-shitting rage every time PCSX2 is mentioned are neither helpful nor informative.
>>
>>181266694
Fuck off ESL
>>
Is there any way to make bsnes or higan launch in full screen with a command line argument?
>>
>>181267578
>Believe me I'm more autistic about inaccuracies than all of you combined and most stuff is fixed by using the OGL backend.
Even SW isn't safe from inaccuracies.
Like inaccurate geometry culling at the screen edge in some games like armored core, or z-fighting in D3 publisher games and latter armored core or the one UI error in Armored Core 2 in AC2
>>
>>181269489
And good luck playing Primal... for real, try this game...
>>
>>181269616
Worse than Ridge Racer 5?
>>
>>181269918
Much worse, it's worth the download just to see how bad it is
>>
>>181262232
Wow, no wonder Dolphin's devs called this shit out.
>>
>>181003210
>panzer dragoon
>ps1
>fps
What?
>>181063068
epsxe
>>181079821
>saturn on pi
not going to happen
>>181094820
Sometimes it's an improvement, sometimes it's not. TCRF lists the difference between revisions for some games.
>>181098174
crtemudriver
>>181106842
>fit the monitor screen
You don't unless your monitor is 4:3
>>181108649
Jesus christ
>>181112560
>black stripes
You're a retard
>>181164223
>I updated MAME
If MAME is working for you, don't ever update it. You probably need new roms now.
>>181179997
Who cares?
>>181185925
He's a weirdo with shit ideas and he scammed people for donations to scan and release HQ boxart and didn't deliver.
>>181259220
It's good for neogeo CD
>>
http://gliden64.blogspot.com/2017/06/acclaim-custom-lighting.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjBEzQwOaSM

Based.
>>
>>181272875
>saturn on pi
>not going to happen
Yes, it will, systems at 1.4 GHz clock with two cores can run lots of games at fullspeed already, it's a matter of time to port it to raspi
>black stripes
>You're a retard
No, you're the retard. If you have some way to fit the entire screen with the game without streching the actual graphics, choosing to not do so is simply stupid.
>>
>>181273324
Looking good, a shame I couldn't make the fucking overclock stuff work, it doesn't matter what values I use and what game I try, shit doesn't change
>>
>Where do I get games
>Check the wiki
>Can't find shit on where to get games

It doesn't help that emu paradise doesn't host a lot of games anymore
>>
>>181273862
Learn to read, maybe?
>>
>>181274151
>go to the wiki
>ctrl +f "games"
>no result on where to download games

ok

I had to use the search function searching for "games" in order to find a link on where to get them. Really? Most wikis have horrible search functions, it's a surprise that this actually helped
>>
>>181274306
ctrl+f games
look at the second result
look at the link below that
>>
>>181274654
If it was actually highlighted by ctrl + f, I would have noticed. There's so much fucking information on the main page, I'm not gonna spend longer than 15 minutes reading it all and trying to find the answer.
>>
>>181275149
People like you are why I'm pro choice.
>>
>>181276373
it's guys like you that make me really hate faggots
>>
>>181275149
Damn how much of your brain actually works
>>
>>181274306
>>ctrl +f "games"
You know there's a search feature on wikis, right?
>>
File: Burying the hatchet.png (262KB, 755x641px) Image search: [Google]
Burying the hatchet.png
262KB, 755x641px
>>181185925
>>181185925
Because he won't bury the hatchet with libretodev
>>
>>181186010
>byuu
>success
pick one.. the guy's a failure. He can't even learn Japanese LOL.
>>
Will this be good?

https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT
>>
Phoenix status: Not dead?

https://github.com/team-phoenix/Phoenix
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6kdc09/release_mgba_06_beta_released/djm2hy5/

So Medusa is being put on the backburner to focus on mGBA.
>>
>Video Game Rom (Japan)
>it's all in english
>>
>>181280556
About fucking time. Hopefully the people who ask "What's wrong with MGBA" will understand now.
>>
>>181281239
what's wrong with mgba?
>>
>>181278905
Honestly, it looks better than Retroarch.
I would use this.
>>
>>181280724
Some Japanese games have English text
>>
>>181278905
I hope so. Retroarch's interface is awful. I don't get why SP choose XMB. Hell Sony revised it for the PS4 since they knew that shit wasn't gonna fly.
>>
>>181282150
>why SP choose XMB
'muh childhood in ps3 warez scene'
>>
>>181282150
>I don't get why SP choose XMB

Because he is a PS3 fanboy. Also because that's what Kivutar wanted Lakka to look like, as he is the one who designed it.

Though it's not like it's impossible to make a different GUI for it, either as a menu driver (Nuklear), or as a frontend driver (Win32, Cocoa, Qt..), or as a separate launcher application (RetroArch-Phoenix). That would surely be easier to accomplish than writing an entire libretro frontend from scratch.
>>
>>181282873
Thanks. I've always wondered about this.
>>
File: glui with rmenu bg.png (123KB, 1212x934px) Image search: [Google]
glui with rmenu bg.png
123KB, 1212x934px
I liked the old GLUI that looked like RGUI but with TrueType fonts.
>>
File: RetroArch GLUI MGS mockup.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch GLUI MGS mockup.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>181284054
Same. I just wanted pic related.
>>
You don't know you want
>>
Can someone recommend me a game that will just completely wow me? I've become pretty disenchanted with video games over the last 4 years or so. Just looking for something to really spark that thing that made me just absolutely love gaming so much when I was younger.
>>
>>181285268
>Friends - The One with All the Trivia (USA).iso.gz
>>
Haven't checked emulation news in a while.
Did this end up happening? https://twitter.com/libretro/status/829426182894583813
>>
>>181286001
Probably next month.
>>
>>181185925
https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?p=12684#p12684
>>
>>181273324
Nobody has ever implemented the point lighting from Acclaim Austin/Iguana's games in HLE before. GLideN64 also emulates Turok 3's night vision goggles correctly, something only Angrylion's and z64gl did before.
>>
>>181241849
"Underage" means "Person who doesn't have the age to be considered an adult", silly Anon.
Using a texture pack for a videogame is another thing differently and I don't think there's a special word to describe it.

>>181260929
I know, the hack is basically pointless for mGBA. Also, I should mention it just because but I wrote that post poorly, I'm not the one who posted the issue but I meant that I had the same issue and I fixed it like that.

>>181281239
I still don't. The emulator runs perfectly on a notebook comparable to a PC from 10 fucking years ago. The work on debugging tools IS nice if Endrift takes it seriously enough to surpass VBA's, but I don't see the need to focus on it instead of Medusa.
>>
Buying some new gamepads for my RetroPie setup.

I'm already considering the 8Bitdo SNES30 for my SNES controller, but what would you guys suggest I take a look at regarding an N64 controller?

I've bought a 3rd party N64 controller before, only for it to be a fucking piece of shit (they said that the cord was 9 feet, but ended up being less than 3 feet, and the analog stick was fake, and was mapped to the same controls as the digital pad)

Just looking for some trusted manufacturers of 3rd party USB N64 controllers. Thanks!
>>
>>181235503
You're absolutely retarded.
>>
>>181295320
0/10, try harder.
>>
File: pointless existence.png (17KB, 714x235px) Image search: [Google]
pointless existence.png
17KB, 714x235px
>>
which emu/settings for best castlevania: sotn accuracy? beetle and pcsx seems bad but maybe it's the settings i'm using
>>
>>181262232
This is the most retarded nonsense I've seen in years. RPCS3 is a mixture of missing and incomplete features. Timing is fucked. PCSX2 is a mature emulator that has made remarkable strides over the past year or so, and part of the reason why it is demanding is because the PS2 is a very complex piece of hardware.
>>
>>181299221
He's not wrong, the user should adapt the controls however s/he wants when setting up an emulator for the first time.
>>
What's the deal with geometry shaders in Citra, and why is it taking so long for them to be implemented?
>>
>>181299542
Yeah, I totally agree. But that pic was meant to draw attention to the last sentence(Which seems totally rude and uncalled for, but makes perfect sense if given context. }:)).

>>181299598
The dev working on them doesn't do public development because he's a huge faggot that doesn't like people building his shit until it's 'done'. He's probably going to be hit by a car or something and die, then all his progress will be lost like a fart to the wind because of how much of a faggot he is.
>>
>>181299502
>made remarkable strides over the past year or so

I guess different people have different standards for "remarkable".
>>
>>181299598
Dude doing it has been working on Xbox emulation instead of finishing it.
>>
>>181299794
You don't consider hardware mipmapping emulation remarkable? Nor accurate blending? Nor heavily improved depth buffer emulation?
>>
>>181299502
>and part of the reason why it is demanding is because the PS2 is a very complex piece of hardware.
Good thing it's a comparison against a PS3 then, huh?
>>
>>181299913
>hardware mipmapping emulation remarkable?
It's not actual mipmap support, it's a hack that detects when mipmapping is used, and then forces the original texture.
>>
We live in a world where Xenia hasn't received any meaningful improvements in months. Yet RPCS3 is under actively development.

I wanna play Far Cry: Instincts on PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKtvgiyOU0
>>
>>181300120
It automatically generates mipmaps based on the original texture. Which is effectively the same thing in most scenarios. 99% of mipmapped textures are resized versions of the original. Cases like Mario 64's Peach/Bowser painting, for example, are very rare.
>>
>>181300703
So what you're saying is it's a hack, but that's okay because it works for the games you play. You're right, being ZSNES 2.0 is totally remarkable.
>>
>>181301054
This might come as a shock to you, but rendering games on the GPU instead of the CPU is a gigantic hack.
>>
>>181301507
You're a gigantic hack.
>>
>>181300463
I'm curious whether cxbx-reloaded runs Far Cry: Instincts to any capacity. Since nobody else has bothered, I'm downloading it currently.
>>
>>181301507
Yep, I guess that completely makes everything else they halfbake a-okay, right? What a joke.
>>
>>181301970
Hardware rendering for those consoles requires extensive hacks. That's simply not how a real N64 or real PS2 works. Software renderers exist for this reason.

So yes, it is extremely "a-okay".
>>
>>181302804
>Hardware rendering for those consoles requires extensive hacks.
Nope. Mipmapping for instance could have been implemented correctly if their texture cache was done correctly. They opted for building a hack on top of a hack instead of fixing shit. It's amazing what you think is remarkable and extremely "a-okay".
>>
>>181303231
>Nope.
Not him, but I agree that hardware renderers require hacks. For instance GLideN64 struggles in games where the CPU clears depth buffer. How is the GPU supposed to know when that happens? I can think of hackish ways that should work fine, but it's a hack..

Communication between CPU and GPU is a big problem with hardware renderers. You either sacrifice accuracy, or significant performance.

It's a shame that almost nobody is really innovative in the emulation scene.
>>
>>181303231
>Mipmapping for instance could have been implemented correctly if their texture cache was done correctly.
Define "properly". Significant improvements have been made to PCSX2's texture emulation, but there are certain limitations imposed by the architectural differences between the PS2 and a typical PC. The performance hit of accurately emulating the PS2's texture cache in hardware would be catastrophic. PCs are not designed to handle endless cache lookups.
>>
>>181299598
Dude working on them decided to take a break. Everyone else is working on other stuff.
>>
You heard it here first folks, a hacky mess is "remarkable".

Never change emugen. No one will ever take you seriously.
>>
>>181304497
I don't think you understand how hardware rendering works.
>>
>>181303997
>The performance hit of accurately emulating the PS2's texture cache in hardware would be catastrophic.
Yeah sure. And I'm sure x64 support would have no benefit.
>>
>>181304665
It works remarkably.
>>
Literally If you think things are so easy and know what's best for the emulator, just fork and improve it yourself. Or even better, "rewrite it from the ground up", like they say.
>>
>>181304809
>Yeah sure. And I'm sure x64 support would have no benefit.
"There had been tests before and the speed benefit was very low compared to the massive amount of work it would need to port PCSX2 and all its' plugins to the x64 architecture."
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-x64?pid=196794#pid196794
>>
>>181305075
>"There had been tests before and the speed benefit was very low
Uh huh, sure.
>bositman
This discussion is starting to make sense now.
>>
>>181304809
>And I'm sure x64 support would have no benefit.
It's an immense amount of work, and nobody can say with any confidence that it will significantly improve overall performance. It could in fact make the emulator slower due to overheads, although that is less likely to be fair.
>>
>>181305191
Uh huh, sure.
>Anonymous
This discussion is starting to make sense now.
>>
>>181286597
>GLideN64 also emulates Turok 3's night vision goggles correctly, something only Angrylion's and z64gl did before.

You forgot parallel RDP.
>>
>>181305310
>It's an immense amount of work,
Work that would go into making the project more portable, and a good opportunity to restructure and clean up the code base.
>>
Look over the last few threads, nothing of value to be found in any of them. No devs worth anything come here. All news and devs go to "that other place". Why this shit hole is kept alive is beyond me.
>>
>>181305370
At the time GLideN64 fixed depth writes, Parallel-n64 was barely functional. You're right, but only retroactively.
>>
mupen64plus is making some pretty decent progress. https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-core/commits/master

Considering how Android-focused Project 64 has become, I think it's good that mupen64plus is staying competitive.
>>
>>181304809
>And I'm sure x64 support would have no benefit.
Didn't gregory also say Vulkan would hardly have any benefit? top kek. These devs like to do story telling.

>>181305310
>It's an immense amount of work, and nobody can say with any confidence that it will significantly improve overall performance.
Why wouldn't it improve performance? It would allow register caching which is a good performance boost. I'm sure the software renderer would be faster too. The only justification for not doing 64bit, is being busy doing other important tasks. "Hardly any benefit" is a fake reason.

>>181305684
>No devs worth anything come here.
I'm here
>Why this shit hole is kept alive is beyond me.
then leave..
>>
>>181306213
>I'm here
Oh, really, what emulator do you develop?

inb4 >developing emulators is a waste of time
>>
>>181306094
>I think it's good that mupen64plus is staying competitive.
top kek. They haven't done anything significant in a long time, other than backporting/stealing other people's code.
>>
>>181306213
Hush turtle.
>>
File: untitled.png (36KB, 846x371px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
36KB, 846x371px
>>181305191
There's also this.
>>
>>181306407
To be cynical, literally all Zilmar does nowdays is backport shit from GLideN64 to his shitty "Project 64 Video" plugin -- a rebranded Glide64. Oh, and he writes prettier nagware prompts and tweaks the scripts for the nightly builds that you can't access without sending him a PM on the PJ64 forums because holy shit that's not how a build-bot works you complete retard the entire point of a build bot is to allow the public to freely access bleeding edge builds.
>>
I have a "mame" folder inside my romset folder that has the following folders
>cfg
>diff
>nvram

How do I change its location? Cause it really HECKING triggers me to have it there.
>>
>>181307071
>To be cynical, literally all Zilmar does nowdays is backport shit from GLideN64 to his shitty "Project 64 Video" plugin -- a rebranded Glide64.
Have you forgotten that he recently improved floating point accuracy? Meanwhile I haven't seen M64p devs do anything noteworthy.

There's no denying that some of the things he focuses on, aren't of much use.
>>
>>181306789
It was hardly developed and maintained, and was dropped 9+ years ago when not a lot of people had 64bit OSes.
>>
>>181307281
>Have you forgotten that he recently improved floating point accuracy?
Around a year and a half after someone noticed the interpreter's floats were wrong and Zilmar refused to fix the issue because "muh Android compatibility".

https://github.com/project64/project64/issues/848

>Meanwhile I haven't seen M64p devs do anything noteworthy.
mupen64plus is coming from a different place. Its problems are different to PJ64's problems.
>>
>>181307313
Their reasoning remains strong though, it'd be an awful amount of job to port everything over to x64, even more when there has been progress in the last 6 years since the statement was done meaning that there's even more work to do than back then.

Who knows, maybe starting from scratch this time mantaining a clean construction would be far easier.
>>
>>181308386
>Their reasoning remains strong though
It really doesn't. The 2 biggest reasons for dropping it were, no one uses x64 OSes, and there wasn't an performance increase. Obviously the first reason is completely moot now, and the second reason was because it was underdeveloped at the time and didn't make use of any x64 features (it was a bare minimum port so x64 Linux users had an easier time).
>>
File: get your fucking game to work.png (86KB, 290x416px) Image search: [Google]
get your fucking game to work.png
86KB, 290x416px
>>181299221
>>
>>181299221
Link?
>>
>>181309051
Desmume sucks at PR so hard. Their main website hasn't been touched in two years. They have no build bot. They migrated from Sourceforge to Github and didn't bother adding this to their website.
>>
File: just emulate my shit up.png (22KB, 559x288px) Image search: [Google]
just emulate my shit up.png
22KB, 559x288px
Whenever I try to open the executable for Citra, I get nothing. Where's that list of the open source builds?
>>
>>181309476
Let me guess, you're trying to open citra instead of citra-qt?
>>
>>181309318
nvm found it

https://sourceforge.net/p/desmume/bugs/1458/
>>
>>181299372
>castlevania: sotn accuracy
mednafen it is?
>>
>>181309598
Tried opening up both, even with admin access. What am I doing wrong here?
>>
>>181307836
>Around a year and a half after someone noticed the interpreter's floats were wrong
I agree he took a long time. However, I appreciate slow progress more than no progress :) .

Imo, the biggest problem is that he's trying to appeal to end users to get more $. If the donors wished for actual important improvements (as opposed to Android, cheats, etc), then I think there would be more significant progress. I hear that the overclock feature works nice, at least.

>mupen64plus is coming from a different place. Its problems are different to PJ64's problems.
It may be true that they have different problems, m64p still has incorrect floating point code for their interpreter. Not sure about their recompiler, but I imagine it does.

Sad to say there's no real competition. Other than Project64 and CEN64, only m64p-libretro is progressing. But even then, they are usually just fixing flaws exclusive to M64p.
>>
>>181140478
top kek. My respek for SP has increased after reading this.

Lol @ anyone who thinks global variables are the devil. I can't believe how bad Mupen64Minus is becoming. They pissed off SP, so I bet progress will slow down even more.
>>
>>181308806
>The 2 biggest reasons for dropping it were, no one uses x64 OSes, and there wasn't an performance increase.
"massive amount of work it would need to port PCSX2 and all its' plugins to the x64 architecture."
See: (>>181305075).
>>
>>181309476
>>181309818
Which build are you trying and which CPU do you NICECASTLEHILL
have?
>>
>>181306789
I very much doubt it would require thousands of hours.. I'd very much like to know why it would possibly even require anywhere near that amount of work..
>>
>>181311614
Have you ever ported a piece of highly optimized software from 32 to 64 bit?
>>
>>181311051
Why are emudevs generally so emotionally fragile?
>>
>>181311665
no, but it's not like x64 is an entirely different architecture. Porting code from 32bit to 64bit is fairly straightforward. I could see it taking a few hundred hours, but certainly not a few thousand.
>>
>>181311801
Severe mental problems. Look at how many devs are transgendered and bipolar.
>>
Drama pusher is so paranoid. he should lay off the canabis.
>>
>>181312394
>Drama pusher is so paranoid.
what happened?
>>
>>181299779
If Jay dies, you can pretty much say goodbye to XBox emulation
>>
>>181312871
Reminder that Splinter Cell: Double Agent is a masterpiece, and the Xbox version is the definitive version.

There are two basic versions. Completely different games with the same name, BTW.

Ubisoft Shanghai (Pandora Tomorrow) - 7th Gen/PC
Ubisoft Montreal (SC/Chaos Theory) - 6th Gen.

The problem is that the PS2 and Gamecube versions of Ubisoft Montreal's Double Agent are crippled by those consoles having objectively inferior hardware. Heavily downgraded lighting, and more load times. I mean, there's about five load screens before you even reach the "Start game" prompt.
>>
>>181299779
I can't help noticing SigmaVirus on the Citra team is a gigantic fucktard when it comes to piracy. He's actively opposed to efforts to HLE parts of the system that require Nintendo's files, such as the NAND and font files.
>>
>>181314103
It's good that even most of the multiplat are worth playing because it's a better version of the same game on the PS2 or have some exclusive content. Even Fatal Frame had exclusive content
>>
>>181314270
I don't see that being an barrier to piracy in any way. If they implement a free, open source shared_font.bin (what I WOULD be doing before Jay said something about someone else already working on it, making me give up), people could play pirated games, if they don't, people would still download the file from somewhere and play it anyway.
>>
>>181314270
Who the fuck is SigmaVirus?
>>
>>181314679
The last boss from Mega Man X3?
>>
Where can you find first party nintendo roms?
>>
>>181314962

Spurting out the end of my rancid weeping cock.
>>
>>181314962
Read the wiki.
>>
>>181314962
Fuck off Nintendo and go make some decent games for the Switch ya bastard.
>>
File: lkjdfhbhgjbfg.png (31KB, 788x386px) Image search: [Google]
lkjdfhbhgjbfg.png
31KB, 788x386px
>>181314679
>>
>>181315575
Fucking nobody atta boy looking for approval on github while contributing nothing. Turtle has contributed more.

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/graphs/contributors
>>
>>181315773
And FernandoS27 was btfo because? Yeah, because he was shit on for his code. It's a shame, I've never seem his frameskip code working, that alone would be a game changer for me
>>
>>181315276

I didn't catch the rom/iso tab thanks anon.
>>
is it possible to hack in mouse control/aim for console fps? like for goldeneye or timesplitters
>>
>>181316870
I know it's possible for Goldeneye, don't know about TS.

Don't know how to do it, just that you can.
>>
So do you think that CEMU will just stop the fuck there with performance and if I want to play Zelda on my PC at more than 17FPS I will have to buy a new one or the actual console?
>>
>>181316870
You should be able to find a "Mouse Injector" for Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark by googling it.
Sadly, I don't believe Timesplitters has one.
>>
>>181317668
As long as the project is being developed, there's always hope for a performance gain, just look at RPCS3 and their recent bump.
>>
>>181311614
Play! has x86-32, x86-32, ARMv7 and aarch64 recompilers.

It just takes a talented dev. PCSX2 has only 1 dev who's ported a pile of shit from d3d to ogl and been shoving in even more hacks than gabest.
>>
>>181318964
x86-64*
>>
>>181318964
It's really nice to see each update on the Play!, but it's a shame we don't have more people working on it
>>
I have the insane idea of using FreeDos in a VirtualBox instance to play old DOS games with perfect compatibility.

Could someone please tell me what a fucking terrible idea this is?
>>
>>181318964
>Play! has x86-32, x86-32, ARMv7 and aarch64 recompilers.
Which isn't inherently a good thing, BTW. Spreading a project thin across heaps of recompilers is a bad idea, especially if it turns out that those hardware platforms lack important features and start holding up overall development.
>It just takes a talented dev. PCSX2 has only 1 dev who's ported a pile of shit from d3d to ogl and been shoving in even more hacks than gabest.
One dev?

turtleli
ssakash
gregory38
refraction
FlatOutPS2

You do understand that Play! isn't any more accurate than PCSX2, right? There's nothing special about it. It's a great project, but they're cut from the same cloth.
>>
File: Progressreportheader-June2017[1].jpg (213KB, 1696x400px) Image search: [Google]
Progressreportheader-June2017[1].jpg
213KB, 1696x400px
Is this the first time there's been a progress report on time?
https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2017/07/01/dolphin-progress-report-june-2017/
>>181233395
>Why do people still make these terrible 'hi-res' texture packs for N64 games?
There's some dude that makes paper styled texture packs that look pretty good for N64 games.
>>
I can not for the love of god find a working rom for Animal Crossing Wild World.
All the regular sites fail me and the others just offer completely unsuspicious exe files.

Anyone care to spoonfeed a retarded anon?
>>
>>181323147
You're probably gonna have a tough time finding Nintendo shit on public sites now. Also, every Animal Crossing but the GC version is shit.
>>
File: untitled.png (59KB, 270x445px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
59KB, 270x445px
>>181323147
>Animal Crossing Wild World
Didn't took me more than 3 minutes.
Read the wiki or Google, that's all you need.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjBEzQwOaSM
olivieryuyu and Gonetz are gods!
>>
File: abyss.png (840KB, 1439x1079px) Image search: [Google]
abyss.png
840KB, 1439x1079px
>>
Going to play some GBA games on the wii u (VC injects). Should I play:

Advance Wars (haven't played since a kid, was never good at it)
Metroid Fusion (never played)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (haven't played in years)
Kirby and The Amazing Mirror (haven't played in years)
>>
File: gsdx_20170701224952.png (303KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
gsdx_20170701224952.png
303KB, 640x448px
>>181314103
The PS2 version of Splinter Cell: Double Agent has baked lighting. You can't destroy/disable light sources. And light sources don't cast shadows. Shadows are essentially the absence of light instead of being projected from light sources.

It's unbelievable how piss-weak the PS2 and Gamecube were compared to the Xbox.
>>
>>181327732
How is it unbelievable? The Xbox came out much later and it was a gigantic monstrosity.
>>
Hey guys

Does CEMU benefit more from a better CPU or a GPU?
>>
>>181327459
Fusion it is
>>
>>181328248
CPU, much like literally every other emulator
>>
>>181328428
ah fuck. Oh well.
>>
>>181327860
Just seeing the contrast in games like Splinter Cell is astounding. You often hear people dismissing the Xbox for various reasons such as muh exclusives and muh Japanese games.

But the Xbox hardware was almost a generation beyond the PS2/GC, and developers did take advantage of that.

Just look at Chaos Theory on Xbox. It's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXKDvDhPpes

Ubisoft pushed the Xbox pretty hard. Far Cry: Instincts could never have run on the PS2 or Gamecube.

It really makes me wonder what Metal Gear Solid 3 would have been like if it had been developed for the Xbox instead of the PS2. Games were being really held back.
>>
some psp iso make the ppssp emulator crash and sometimes my gpu driver follows. Which is weird because games that push the system to the limit like god of war or crisis core run perfectly fine. Even weirder is pic related crashes after menu but ran just fine a week ago. I even tried older versions. Only thing I can think of being different since last time is windows updating
>>
>>181327732
There are some lights you can disable in Double Agent PS2, but they're the exception, not the norm. All things considered, though, it's a remarkable port job and an excellent game. One of the best Splinter Cell games, IMO. And graphically it's very solid for a PS2 title regardless of how much they downgraded it.
>>
File: Axiphel.png (54KB, 792x704px) Image search: [Google]
Axiphel.png
54KB, 792x704px
>>
>>181303231
So do you have any code to back up those claims or are you just spouting what you've heard?
>>
Anyone got 3DS' sysdata and NAND? I want to use Citra, but can't find them anywhere.
>>
>>181334945
https://mega.nz/#!XVUGQIyB!jwxl-UW0_lsDRHbAhPX2SwUqOTx6NWkUxGDpN4WbwLI
>>
>>181335214
God bless you!
>>
>>181311410
The reasons stated by an actual developer at the time:
>we'll end up having to mirror the x64 code whenever we rewrite something.
>the x64 code will be slower unless we specifically optimize pcsx2 for x64
>this change will effect very few people; as we were worried about the difficulty of running 32bit binaries on 64bit linux.
The first point would've been null if they instead dropped x86 and went for x64, like what emulators are doing nowadays, but as the entire discussion that was carried out in that thread pointed out, that wouldn't have made any sense in 2008.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-We-are-dropping-x64-PCSX2-Playground-builds?pid=12943#pid12943
>>
>>181336427
>dropped x86 and went for x64
If dolphin has taught us something, is that there's all sorts of poorfags with ancient machines held together with duct tape that will scream bloody murder if developers drop support for their toasters, so people would still be complaining regardless.
>>
>>181329002
The Xbox is like an even more hipster Dreamcast. It's insane how much that thing is underrated, most of the multiplats have their best versions there, the OG Xbox Live was a blast, and Microsoft actually tried to have fun first party titles. I really miss that gen.
>>
File: emulation survey.png (47KB, 671x508px) Image search: [Google]
emulation survey.png
47KB, 671x508px
top kek
>>
>>181341168

Based mooch
>>
>Reinstall Bluestacks for fun
>Gives me Bluestacks 3
>The installer fails not once, not twice but three times so I have to restart my PC thrice
>Now it's saying the "install was successful"
>Even though there's nothing that makes Bluestacks operational
>Delete everything related to Bluestacks and try again with the installer
>"install was successful"
>fuck off
>Delete the installer and download a new one
>"already installed"
>Are you fucking kidding me?
>Don't know of any other Android emulators that run the shit I want without graphics errors (Yes I've tried Nox and other shit)

HELP.
>>
>>180989194
Can RPCS3 load .pkg files?
>>
Someone gave me an old controller to use on my PC, it's a HV-G83
it has two analog sticks and all the buttons of a standard xbox controller, but when I try to use it on PJ64, it reads the inputs of the left analog and the dpad as if they were the same, and it does that with the right analog and abxy buttons too, which means I can't set the right stick as the c buttons because it conflicts with the face buttons.
Is this the controller's fault or do I need to change anything on pj64 to make it work properly?
>>
>get an itch for some of my childhood games again

>download some recommended SNES emulator because ZSNES fell out of favor
>try to run something out of my archived folder
>.smc? What's that?

>fuck, maybe there'd been some progress in N64 emulation
>get a recommended emulator
>game opens fine, but it crashes when I press anything
>look up what could possibly cause it
>emulator core no longer supports .z64
>#invalid
>good thing I have another archive for that shit!
>it also crashes with .n64

What the fuck is going on with the emulation scene lately? Everything worked fine for over a decade I followed it, then I look away for a year or two and the world goes mad.
>>
>>181346834
Yes.
>>
>>181347487
I dunno, maybe you're just retarded?
>>
>>181347764
Watch it kiddo.
>>
Atosmiwave games with PS2 versions like
>The King of Fighters XI
>NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
>The Rumble Fish
>Guilty Gear X
do I emulate them on demul or pcsx2?
>>
>>181350232
>The King of Fighters XI

PS2 version has more chars so go with that one

>NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

PS2 version allow you to play until both of your character are out of health (rather than just one) and has playable bosses.

>The Rumble Fish

PS2 never got the sequel which is pretty much the first game but with more content

>Guilty Gear X

PS2 got several updated re-releases of the same game. If you really want to play vanilla X go with the DC port.
>>
Is t his ever coming back?

https://romdepot.endurehosting.com/roms/
>>
>>181351482
Oh wow, much appreciated!! I feel like I read the PS2 versions of these type of games were always slightly inferior, like how bad the PS2 Marvel VS Capcom 2 port was compared to Dreamcast or something like that, but I guess emulation fixes these issues in that it evens the grounds on stuff like how blurry the picture is on PS2.

I take it PS2 ports have more features in all cases and are emulated just fine then. Thanks again!
>>
>>181347559
Nice.
>>
>>181341168
>byuu dying of cancer

wat
>>
Does anyone know what the fuck is the purpose of RocketLauncher? People use it on top of frontends like Hyperspin and Launchbox, and I just don't see what kind of utilities it could offer that isn't already contained by all the other software involved.
>>
Why exactly is ePSXe unrecommended for PS1 emulation?

Im trying to use PCSXR with LaunchBox but it seems incapable of launching straight into the games and I remember ePSXe always being fairly reliable last time I used it.
>>
>>181355603
mednafen psx is the best accuracy wise unless you care about graphic enhancements
>>
>>181357620
Mednafen is a nightmare to get running but I'#ll give it another go.
>>
>>181357782
This is bait? Sure sounds like bait
>Put the bios on the firmware folder
>drag the game over the mednafen.exe
>game is running
Yeap, this is bait
>>
>>181357782
Use retroarch
>>
>>181357926
Chill out, mate.

what if one needs to change BIOS?
>>
>>181358071
Read the fucking documentation https://mednafen.github.io/documentation/psx.html#Section_firmware_bios
Mednafen is not hard to use, you're too stupid to use it
>>
>>181358534
Aight bro have fun being bad at whatever you've decided to pick up this weekend
>>
File: 1498166633862.jpg (127KB, 600x454px) Image search: [Google]
1498166633862.jpg
127KB, 600x454px
>>181358874
are you trying to hurt his feelings bro?
FUCK YOU BUDDY.
>>
>>181358874
>Aight bro have fun being bad at whatever you've decided to pick up this weekend
And yet you're the one saying that Mednafen is a nightmare to get running, you're bad at being human, gtfo
>>181359059
Nope, just trying to call him on his bullshit
>>
>>181358874
>Aight bro have fun being bad
You're saying this as you're being too stupid to use an extremely simple program.
>>
Is there a way to get Dolphin to emit screenshots at the internal resolution? F9 seems to save it as the display resolution.
>>
>>181361748
Graphics > Advanced > Full resolution frame dumps
>>
>>181322124
it is
jpd002 actually test his code against real hw and actively contributes to ps2autotest whereas pscx2 cucks haven't even written a single test. I bet they don't even own a PS2 anymore.
>>
>>181355603
People just prolly hate it because it's closed source.

>>181347487
I still don't understand the hatred over here towards ZSnes, it never gave me a single problem whenever I used it. I know I didn't played too much games on it, but still.

>>181357926
Can't check right now if you need to make a "firmware" folder but you can just drop them in the root folder and it'll work too, fyi.
>>
File: F.png (55KB, 643x541px) Image search: [Google]
F.png
55KB, 643x541px
No matter what I change these settings to it stretches to 16:9 when I go into fullscreen. I'm trying to play with black bars so that it looks less stupid.
Strangely the buttons in red don't seem to do anything.
Anyone know why this might be?
Win 7 64bit on 1080p screen
>>
>>181368642
Should probably mention this is PCSX-R, lol.
I tried using it with the PGXP addon but it started crashing so I stopped
>>
>tfw you never owned a snes so you played your snes games on an ancient bugged version of snes9x over a decade ago
>tfw that particular version is nowhere to be found anymore

why does nobody preserve ancient emulators like they do with consoles
how the fuck am I supposed relive my childhood now
>>
So I know BotW shits itself after 10 minutes and you have to do some bullshit like messing with the physics, but whats the catch here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIieHAjIdac
Surely these games dont run as well as these videos make you think. I notice some obvious stuff with the audio at least
>>
>>181370332
Splatoon really does run that well. Audio fucking up while swimming in ink is a known issue but doesn't really affect gameplay that much.

There is however a huge CPU emulation glitch that makes moving surfaces randomly impossible to paint, and it makes finishing the campaign really annoying, but you can still do it.
>>
>>181368576
I know that you can just drop them to the main folder, but when you use more than one BIOS for more than one system, thing looks all mixed up, it's better to just copy them to their own folder to keep organization
>>
>>181370442
Is there a table or page that I can look at for compatibility?
>>
>>181371028
http://compat.cemu.info/
>>
>>181371028
The official one
>>
So when are we going to remove the ROM links from the wiki? You know, just in case
>>
Someone answer this >>181351602
>>
>>181371257
No one fucking knows besides the site owner you dumb fuck.
>>
>>181273393
Typical pi user
>>181286001
I don't think so
>>181299372
mednafen/beetle sw
>>181311801
It is a mystery
>>181317678
>Sadly, I don't believe Timesplitters has one.
That would be amazing :(
>>181327459
Zero mission is better than Fusion.
>>181329002
>But the Xbox hardware was almost a generation beyond the PS2/GC
clarkson driving while reading "hyperbole in english".jpg
>>181355603
>reliable
epsxe was never reliable.
>>
>>181371257
what even was it?
>>
File: catherine.jpg (154KB, 1282x752px) Image search: [Google]
catherine.jpg
154KB, 1282x752px
I'm playing Catherine on RPCS3 and it's running perfectly fine at 30 fps however I'm missing some characters from the subtitles here and there

Anyone has the same problem?
>>
https://romtohome.com/

Why is this site not shut down? The owner clearly has access to warez scene FTPs given how it hosts all recent releases and even old and obscure PS2 ones.
>>
>>181372070
>obscure PS2 games
Can you name at least 3? I want some new games to test on Play!
>>
>>181372029
Tried it earlier and I also had the subtitle problem but the characters showed up.

It ain't 30fps for me though.
>>
Someone here can tell me how to decrypt 3DS ROMs on PC?
>>
>>181371145
"just is case" of what?
>>
>>181372651
When you make the access more obvious, people can find the sources faster... and take them down
>>
>>181372353
Bunjigai, Nanobreaker, TOCA Race Driver 3.
Curiosity: the last game is the most demanding racing game on PCSX2 that i've ever seen, it's also FULL of glitches, normal for 99% of the games on PCSX2
>>
>>181372759
And you care about it being taken down because..?
>>
>>181371760
>>But the Xbox hardware was almost a generation beyond the PS2/GC
>clarkson driving while reading "hyperbole in english".jpg
It had far more RAM than the other consoles. It had an astronomically faster CPU. It had a GPU with pixel shader support.

Why do you think Far Cry: Instincts for PS2 was cancelled?
>>
>>181372830
Not everyone has enough disk space to keep their favorite games, it's good to have an "online backup" to get something from time to time.
>>
>>181372808
Even better to know about TOCA Race Driver 3, will be a nice test against PCSX2. Are you sure that there is not a single configuration that runs this game "well" on PCSX2?
>>
File: sett.jpg (148KB, 1056x539px) Image search: [Google]
sett.jpg
148KB, 1056x539px
>>181372601
These are the settings I used to get 30 fps.
>>
>>181372070
Holy shit, this is a goldmine.
>>
>>181373048
I mean you have no excuse for a lot of the cart-based consoles, it starts to get impractical when you get to all the Gamecube/Wii/PS2 games
>>
https://mgba.io/2017/06/30/cracking-gba-bios/
>>
>>181373326
If you uncheck the "invalid cache" thing the performance is even better for the games I've tried
>>
Goddamn I wish someone would upload the redump PC catalog.
>>
>>181372353
I meant "obscure PS2 releases" because where the fuck would you get some shitty JP region scene releases from 15 years ago? Scene FTPs have all that shit archived.
>>
anybody 'emulates' taito type x? how do i use a joystick?
>>
>>181373452
Exactly my point: my favorite PS1 + PS2 games alone takes more than 1 TB. If you add the Wii + Game Cube games that I like, more 1 TB. Add PS3 games to the mix, and you need a server sized HDD. It's good to have some source to get a game quickly, so I don't have to fill my HDD's with the games that I'm not playing now (but I'll play soon)
>>
>>181373697
PC redump set will never be complete, why do people even bother.
>>
>>181369442
is this the one were transparencies werent emulated and you had to disable layers for chrono trigger and the underwater level on megaman x

that was my jam
>>181373953
nothing will ever be complete
>>
>>181373868
Not a problem as you should own those games in DVD.
>>
>>181374062
CD's/DVD's can rot/get scratched. My point still stands
>>
>>181374196
no it doesn't you pirate scum and even if they do scratch you could just burn new ones.
>>
>>181372070
Neat. Yeah, I've heard that people in scene groups get access to archives going back decades.
>>
I plan on backing up my US sets in triplicate and all others double. One layer will be CD/DVD RW, even.

These are the Iliads and Odysseys of the future, gentlemen.
>>
File: t1s6u7eho3.jpg (57KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
t1s6u7eho3.jpg
57KB, 720x480px
>>181374269
>you could just burn new ones.
>>
I like how Sony literally provides the PS3 bios on their website.
>>
>>181374659
too stupid to burn dvds, anon?
>>
>>181373953

Good source of working standardized disc images. I'm sick of dealing with assholes that think imaging a disc in MDF or (god forbid) NRG is doing anything other than generating a binary black hole.

Preserve your shit right, folks.
>>
>>181374027
With console sets you have official game catalogs so you at least know what's missing, assuming they are accurate. So I think sets for major consoles will be complete eventually even if it means someone will have to pay big bucks for some retarded obscure disc on Japanese auctions or something. In case of PC, nobody even keeps track of that shit.
>>
>>181369442
A couple years ago I posted an archive of my old emulator setup from 2003, maybe I can still find that if you really want ti.

>>181372353
If you're still taking suggestions
>Nebula: Echo Night
aka the most demanding game in HW mode using PCSX2 (20fps on i7 4770k GTX 1070)
>Zombie Hunters 2
>Super Galdelic Hour
>Stretch Panic
>Onimusha I know it's not "that" obscure but nobody ever talks about it and t's one of the last prerendered BG game
>>
>>181374269
I can just do that without buying the game though.
>>
>>181374847

Dude, do you even Atari 2600? How 'bout you read up on this stuff first, eh?
>>
>>181374943
yeah yeah go cry about it.
>>
File: comfy.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>181373326
>>181373564
Thanks guys, I'll try it in a bit. I'm currently suffering through Okami's intro that you can't skip.
>>
>>181374996
Cry about what? Getting games for free? You're the only one crying here, mate.
>>
>>181375225

he mad?
>>
>>181375225
oh yeah, lets see how you will be doing once those games are taken down.
should have backed up your games.
>>
>>181375340
>should have backed up your games
Someone else did it for me :^)
>>
>>181375130
You want write color buffer on if you want the brush to work, thankfully if you don't have it on there's a save before you even need the brush at all so you don't have to do that fucking intro over again.
>>
>>181375473
then why do you care if those games are taken down?
>>181372759
>>
>>181375570
I don't.
>>
>>181375667
Riiight, next you're going to tell me you're not that guy.
>>
>>181311801
>video games autism
>programming autism
>retarded fanbase knowing lua scripting at best
>retarded fanbase pirating everything and making life harder for anyone moderating because DMCA
>having encounters with the speedrunning community quite often
>>
>>181375489
I turned it in midway through the intro. Did I fuck myself over? Can I have that save?
>>
>>181374780
How you gonna burn those DVDs if you don't have the games backed up on a HDD, and ROM sites are taken down?
>>
>>181376342
Someone else did it for you remember? :^)
>>181375473
>>
>>181374732
They provide the Firmware. The BIOS would be more like a NAND/NOR dump.
>>
>>181376282
Changes aren't applied until you reset the game so no you're good.
>>
>>181352537
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6knjrp/remulation_survey/
>>
>>181327732
>Shadows are essentially the absence of light
that really accessed my cycles
>>
>>181345343
Use revo unistaller and try again.
>>
>>181376598
How do you see the results? I want to see all the meme responses.
>>
File: 1420770504239.gif (814KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1420770504239.gif
814KB, 300x225px
>>181376708
>>
>>181374867
The most demanding game on PCSX2 is actually 24: The Game. There's something very wrong, and the emulator basically stalls non-stop.
>>
>>181371760
>epsxe was never reliable.
Objectively wrong.

>>181372608
Not possible atm.
>>
>>181377505
>posts Objectively wrong.
>proceeds to be objectively wrong
Delicious.
>>
>>181374867
Yeap, I'm still downloading some games to test, thx for the suggestions, if the game has problems to run on PCSX2 it's even better for comparisons
>>
>>181377189
>24: The Game
I gotta see that then.
>>
>>181377727
So it's possible to decrypt the ROMs?
>>
>>181373478
Why is he wasting his time on stupid shit like this? Who cares about finding another method to dump the GBA bios? We've had a method to dump it pretty much since it came out.
>>
>>181377924
It's been possible since the end of May.
>>
>>181377989
I guess it's not about the method, but for people that don't know about the tech side of emulation to learn a little more
>>
>>181377924
Yes
There's no easy tool to do it yet but it's possible.
>>
>>181377817
3 of those have pretty visible issues in PCSX2 so you're gonna have some fun.
But if you want more that specifically have issues in PCSX2 and hat aren't exactly well known ones I can think of a bunch
>Terminator 3: The Redemption
>Kya: Dark Lineage
>Dragon Sisters
Simple 2000 series vol 87 if you're good with moonrunes
>Armored Core 2/3
>>
>>181378227
But on PC? What files do I need, care to point some guide?
>>
>>181378296
Yes there are. In fact, I know of two separately developed tools that have been out since May that you just drag/drop your roms onto to decrypt them.

>>181378385
>But on PC?
Yes.
>>
>>181374847
so many consoles have titles that are lost forever. most of them, even. seeking competition on a "do it all or do nothing" fashion is ridiculous. just hope we can get the most we can and that's that. i used to be triggered by matters regarding autistic organization like this before but once you just learn to accept some things are out of our hands and we have 0 control over them everything easier.
>>
>>181378545
>I know of two separately developed tools that have been out since May that you just drag/drop your roms onto to decrypt them.
Feel free to link them.
>>
>>181377989

Calm yo titts

https://mgba.io/2017/06/29/mgba-0.6-beta1/
>>
>>181378246

Correct.
>>
>>181378828
Woo, I was the anon that asked for it, you can see the link on the wiki, pointing to here https://github.com/ihaveamac/3dsconv
>>
>>181379095
>3dsconv.py is a Python 3 script that converts Nintendo 3DS CTR Cart Image files (CCI, ".cci", ".3ds") to the CTR Importable Archive format (CIA).
What exactly does this have to do with decrypting roms?
>>
>>181379095
That doesn't do full decryption. It just decrypts a small part and uses info from it to convert to CIA.
>>
>>181379314
>>181379391
From the wiki:
"The game changer was the sighax exploit, allowing to dump the 3DS bootrom which includes these encryption keys. This file is specific to each 3DS so many people are reluctant to share it, but assuming you have one, you no longer need a real 3DS to do the decryption part. You can then just use it with PC tools (like 3dsconv) to produce decrypted game images."
>>
>>181379496
>the wiki says it so it's right
>>
>>181379314
>>181379590
If you would scroll down a bit
>3dsconv requires the Nintendo 3DS full or protected ARM9 bootROM to decrypt files using Original NCCH encryption (slot 0x2C).
>>
>>181379590
I've never tried, that's why I'm asking, no one here provided useful information so far
>>
>>181378828
Ok Anonymous, but just this once. I'm writing your name down so I remember never to spoonfeed you again!

This tool takes CIA/3DS/CXI/CFA as input and spits out decrypted CXIs/CFAs:
https://hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showthread=37864&showpage=131#post_50218

The one provided here decrypts .3ds in place, but only supports .3ds:
http://romshepherd.com/index.php/topic,5769.120.html

>>181379496
>3DS bootrom...This file is specific to each 3DS
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>181379834
Oops, that second link should be:
http://romshepherd.com/index.php/topic,5769.msg82223.html#msg82223
>>
>>181379834
>>181380073
Instead of posting links to sites people have to register for, perhaps you should upload the files on MEGA?
>>
>>181379695
Anon, you don't seem to understand.
3dsconv converts .cci and .3ds (cart roms, can be encrypted) into .cia (installer, not a rom, can only be used on the console itself, citra doesn't load them).
What you're looking for is a .cia to .3ds/.cxi converter.

>>181379834
The first link seems to be what anon was looking for, but still, I don't see how anyone would be able to find it by themselves on such an obscure place.
>>
>>181380142
>>
>>181375489
I tried using a save I found on gamefaqs but they are corrupted when I try to load them. What do I do?
>>
>>181377727
Go on then, tell me exactly how is epsxe unreliable instead of throwing a pointless meme answer.

>>181379095
That tool is exactly why I said there weren't tools to decrypt a 3DS ROM on PC, because last time I've tried it, it didn't worked. I think I've tried an encrypted .cia file, didn't worked and found a decrypted ROM some minutes later through Google.

>>181379834
>This tool takes CIA as input and spits out decrypted CXIs/CFAs
Gonna try it later, thanks for sharing it Anon.
>>
>>181380252
>installer, not a rom, can only be used on the console itself, citra doesn't load them
That wasn't what the discussion was about.
>>
>>181380413
No idea, probably has to do with saves being signed.
>>
>>181380798
Anon, this is the emulation general.
Why would anyone here ask about 3ds roms if they didn't want to load them in citra?
>>
>>181380860
Some people just ask general pirate/homebrew questions.
Plus you can then convert the .cia into .3ds and play it with citra if you want.
>>
File: 1318723040173.png (53KB, 180x451px) Image search: [Google]
1318723040173.png
53KB, 180x451px
>>181380820
>mfw have to go through all those intros again
>>
I'm downloading the tools posted, will report back with results
>>
>>181381042
You're very stubborn, aren't you?
3dsconv converts .cci and .3ds to .cia.
Decrypted .cci and .3ds can already be loaded into citra.
Nobody, and I really mean NOBODY uploads encrypted .ccis anywhere because there's literally no reason to. It's always .3ds.
If anon is asking how to decrypt 3ds roms, he probably meant encrypted .cias, which is what you get when you download games from nintendo's CDN, the easiest way to get 3ds games.
>>
>>181381287
.cci = .3ds
>>
>>181381287
>If anon is asking how to decrypt 3ds roms
... then he probably wanted a way to decrypt ROMs. Good thing an anon posted a link to a tool that does that.
>>
>>181381149
Try mine, sicne it's done with RPCS3 it should work.
https://my.mixtape.moe/elfxbf.7z
>>
>>181376968

You can't unless you made the poll yourself
>>
Can I overclock the emulation on mednafen? I am playing Driver 2 but the fps is always low as fuck
>>
>>181382076
Not on regular mednafen. You can (sorta) on the RetroArch/libretro port.
>>
>>181382076
Overclocking does not provide an authentic experience.
>>
File: rpcs3 2017-07-01 19-20-31-32.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rpcs3 2017-07-01 19-20-31-32.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>>181381851
Thanks man. Worked like a charm. Now, I wonder why my screenshots are upside down.

>>181382076
I think you can on RA.
>>
File: rpcs3 2017-07-01 19-23-30-38.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rpcs3 2017-07-01 19-23-30-38.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
Not only upside down but rotated horizontal. Weird. I guess Fraps doesn't work with RPCS3.

Anyway, Okami HD seems to have a lot of ghosting, a motion blur effect perhaps?
>>
>>181382243
>>181382638
Could you possibly encode those JPGs at a lower quality? They almost look as bad as the ones used on the RPCS3 progress reports.

>We need to show off the progress of our emulator to draw in patreon patrons
>I know, lets set the jpg quality slider to 1!
>>
>>181382638
Yeah the effect matches the real hardware.
Only two things I'm thinking are wrong is the black outline kinda hovers over the object it's attached to and there's a couple waterfall tops that have Z-fighting, nothing too in your face but I'm a bit autistic about that kind of things.
>>
RDR goes InGame on RPCS3.
http://youtu.be/OgjqpTtbE
>>
>>181382917
>reddit spacing
>>
>>181383191
Fucked up.
http://youtu.be/Ogjqp6tTtbE
>>
>>181383210

Go

Fuck

Yourself

Faggot
>>
File: rpcs3 2017-07-01 19-36-06-25.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rpcs3 2017-07-01 19-36-06-25.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>181382917
It was at 720p maybe that's why, here is 1080p. I knew this game wasn't rendered internally at 4k, but now I can prove it!

>>181383171
It's really blurry when you move the camera compared to the Wii or PS2 versions, at least emulated. I don't remember it being all jittery when I moved the camera on the console versions either.

It kind of reminds me of the TAA effects seen in Quantum Break or that upscaling stuff on PS4.

>black outline kinda hovers over the object it's attached to
I've only played for a minute but this sounds like how it should be.
>>
>>181382240
>Overclocking does not provide an authentic experience.
Implying anyone wants to be reminded that the PS1 exists.
>>
>>181382240
neither does emulating.
>>
>>180989194
Is the g3258 OC'd to 4.2ghz good enough for cemu to run botw. I keep seeing guys emulate it with an i5 clocked at like 3.4ghz or lower. I may only have 2 threads, but cemu only uses 1 thread to my knowledge so Hopefully that isnt an issue.
>>
>>181383593
>t's really blurry when you move the camera compared to the Wii or PS2 versions
The Wii version is missing all post processing so yeah it doesn't have blur and has much more bloom, the PS2 version if you emulate it with the OGL plugin is much worse than the PS3 version blur wise, if you use the DX renderer on hte other hand it looks about like the Wii version because DX can't into the post processing the game has.

>I've only played for a minute but this sounds like how it should be.
Yeah but here you can see behind it which shouldn't be the case, might be remembering wrong though.
>>
File: 1448842229436.png (915KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1448842229436.png
915KB, 720x960px
>>181383351
muh dick I can't wait
>>
>>181383517
>pooper peeved leddit luddite told to go back; backlash ensues
>>
File: FUCK YOU.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>181380258
>>
>>181383998
I have one too, the lack of hyperthreading mite bite you in the ass.

also, how did you manage to get 4.2? maximum I got was 4 ghz
>>
GLideN64 is the best thing to happen to N64 emulation in years. In a few short years, it has cracked N64 emulation problems that were deemed impossible to solve.
>>
File: rpcs3 2017-07-01 19-48-15-28.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rpcs3 2017-07-01 19-48-15-28.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>181384058
>and has much more bloom
Eh? I've never taken note of that before. And the Wii version wasn't missing post processing as far as I'm aware, the difference between the three versions is just what filter is applied. Rice filter for PS2, no filter for Wii, then on the PS3 you can choose between no filter or two poor imitations of the rice filter.

And yeah the pcsx2 version is blurry. I just checked and it has that ghosting effect when I move the camera too so maybe it's just the clarity of the HD version that exasperates the blurring in my eyes.
>>
>>181383210
No, I was just adding my own spacing to separate things. This would be reddit spacing:

Could you possibly encode those JPGs at a lower quality? They almost look as bad as the ones used on the RPCS3 progress reports.

>We need to show off the progress of our emulator to draw in patreon patrons

>I know, lets set the jpg quality slider to 1!
>>
>>181383593
>I knew this game wasn't rendered internally at 4k, but now I can prove it!
Yeah that was only said by idiots who misinterpreted that one article. It's 1080p with 4xMSAA.
>>
>>181336427
The PS2 has a simplified FPU that doesn't totally respect IEEE-754 and many games depend on accurate implementation of the PS2's FPU to work properly. It's possible to get around many problems using x86's truncate rounding mode and clamping some of the values so that NaNs don't propagate everywhere. On AArch32, rounding mode cannot be changed for multi-data NEON operations and documentation says that AArch64 supports setting rounding mode on multi-data NEON operations, but it still needs to be tested.

A software FPU implementation would fix all of those problems, but it would be pretty slow. There might be a way of detecting places where proper handling of FPU values is needed by using floating point exceptions (which are supported on x86 and ARM) and flagging JIT blocks that need to be re-compiled using software FPU to help with that.
>>
File: rpcs3 2017-07-01 20-03-42-94.jpg (1MB, 3828x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rpcs3 2017-07-01 20-03-42-94.jpg
1MB, 3828x1080px
>>181385770
>only said by idiots
I feel like I'm going to see this a lot. I'm that Okami autist always arguing about this topic on /v/. But now I have irrefutable proof of these jaggies :^)

Unfortunately my CPU is too old to play this version at full speed so I won't bother with many comparison pics. But I have noticed that most of the textures are quite blurry despite the supposed full upscale treatment they got. The textures that are notably improved do look fantastic though. Here's hoping for a next-gen Okami remaster remade port.

>>181262232
And this I have to argue. If I uncap the FPS in Okami I get minimum 140fps which is over 2x full speed, I'm getting 20fps in busy scenes on RPCS3. Maybe it's using more juice but the performance is significantly better on PCSX2.
>>
So last year I posted a link on here to the source code to the game Killer7. Did any of you fags download it? I accidentally deleted my local copy and there's no mirrors anywhere. If you have it, encrypt it(for your safety) and upload it to somewhere that deletes files after a couple of days(like myairbridge) please.
>>
>>181386036
So sorta like:
https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/08/31/dolphin-progress-report-august-2014/#40-2729-fix-fmuls-and-fmadd-instructions-by-magumagu-and-fioraaeterna
>>
>>181384945
Probably just mobo. Highest Ive seen without aftermarket cooler is 4.3 but you can get it up to 4.5/4.6
>>
>>181385116
You're right and I'm sorry for being a retard.
>>
>>181386293
I did, but only ~10GB downloaded, when there was at least ~20GB IIRC (some guys on assemblergames got that much of it, but even then some files were missing and it wouldn't compile.
>>
>>181386686
Could you compress it and upload what you have please? It should compress very well with 7z.
>>
>>181386761
Kay, about an hour ETA.
>>
>>181381591
I've droped the encrypted .CIA and the app outputed a 0.ncch file, what can I do with this file now?
>>
>>181387051
If you want to use it with Citra, just point it at that file.
>>
>>181387051
rename it to .cxi and run it in citra. it should work.
>>
File: citra-qt 2017-07-01 23-29-32-17.png (94KB, 1600x796px) Image search: [Google]
citra-qt 2017-07-01 23-29-32-17.png
94KB, 1600x796px
>>181387138
>>181387163
>This can't be so simple...
>Worked, it's really that simple
Thx anons
>>
>>181387362
What game is that?
>>
>>181388319
Labyrinth No Kanata (Beyond the Labyrinth), check for some gameplay on Youtube, it's a very interesting game (and now I can play it, thx to the anons that helped me and someone that translated the entire game)
>>
>>181388676
Got a DL link? or could you upload your decrypted copy?
>>
>>181389106
You can download the translated CIA from the Nicoblog (http://nicoblog.org/), decrypt it with the first tool from this post>>181379834
It's really just drag & drop and use it on Citra
>>
seriously, nobody? >>> >>181373854
i got it to work with a joystick, but i either have to choose dpad or analog.
>>
>>181388676
It's certainly interesting, but I hope you're willing to deal with slow gameplay and movement. Even on 3ds, it feels sluggish, like it's designed to move slowly.
>>
Is there a way to take pics at a higher resolution than native on mGBA? It takes them at 240x160 and that really sucks.
>>
>>181393483
You've seen till the part where it becomes really 3D?
>>
>>181393949
Just embiggen them in a paint program.
>>
>>181394247

...Embiggen?
>>
>>181394992
Made up word from The Simpsons.
>>
>>181394992
You are not old enough to be here.
>>
>>181385029
>it has cracked N64 emulation problems that were deemed impossible to solve.
Please.. It still can't even do S2DEX LOL! Pretty sad how its LLE renderer is just plain awful..
>>
>>181386686
>>181386761
Stupid mega, had to upload it twice.

First this
!kVBo5pg2Tz2mJLQVetWPjMB2sB1952ziyK1HZxDZ5gw
>>
>>181386761
>>181387047
now this https://mega.nz/#!Oc9kkILL
>>
>>181394247
I'd just take the pics using a bigger mGBA frame size which is the way I've been doing it ever since I used VBA, thanks though.
Take them directly in a bigger resolution sounded like an easier way and I hoped there was a way, thanks though.
>>
File: deliciousfiles.png (9KB, 280x339px) Image search: [Google]
deliciousfiles.png
9KB, 280x339px
>>181396670
>>181396774
Awesome, thanks a million! Really appreciate it.

Also in case you didn't know, but the reason there are no mirrors for this anywhere is because people got hit with legal threats. You probably don't want to leave this on your MEGA account for very long. :^(
>>
>>181395991

Fuck off.
>>
>>181396372
>Please.. It still can't even do S2DEX
olivieryuyu will get to that after he fixes Hey You Pikachu. Culture Brain titles use a non-standard version of the ucode. There are LOT of non-standard ucode variants, and pretending everything was vanilla was how we ended up with such a mess.
>Pretty sad how its LLE renderer is just plain awful..
It's largely irrelevant at this point. At this rate, every N64 game will have an HLE implementation, and the only thing that will need fixing will be the LLE triangle rendering for the whopping two Rareware titles that send triangles without a display list.
>>
New Thread:
>>181399453
>>181399453
>>
>>181399341
>Hey You Pikachu
Why bother emulating that when no one has implemented the VRU?

Why hasn't anyone done anything with the VRU, anyways? Its interface doesn't seem that complex. Just pop up a dialog box with words or bind words to keyboard keys or something.
>>
>>181399556
>Why bother emulating that when no one has implemented the VRU?

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5ogctn/hey_you_pikachu_finally_playable_with_offical_vru/?st=J4ILZ132&sh=2b4f779f

It works on emulators with official hardware, and an HLE version has been in the works for a while.
>>
>>181385029

It's pathetic garbage compared to parallel RDP.

Silly losers that still want to play crappy HLE RDP emulation.
>>
>>181403028
>It's pathetic garbage compared to parallel RDP.
Somebody sounds desperate.
Thread posts: 756
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.