[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret World Legends General /swlg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 520
Thread images: 85

File: kristin geary.jpg (217KB, 1280x748px) Image search: [Google]
kristin geary.jpg
217KB, 1280x748px
>https://secretworldlegends.com/

All of the chapters in the ARG are now unlocked.

>kissoftherevenant.com

Tell me what weapons you're using and why you like them together.
>>
For those just joining the conversation left off with the vets explaining to the new guys why AR healing is amazing.
>>
>>181010968
New player here, does that mean I'm fucked cause I picked shotty?
>>
>>181011028
not at all, some guy was just claiming AR healing sucked, I was stating that is just grossly misinformed. Shotty does decent dps and is great for tanking.
>>
Redpill me on the Templars
>>
I am very interested in hearing whether people are going full in on one weapon or splitting their hotbar between two equally. There was room to do both in tsw, but I've yet to really grasp what the new best way to go about builds is. The absence of general party buffs like breaching shot and deadly tricks makes me think that just dipping into a weapon won't be worth it, or at least that dipping into something other than your primary purpose isn't worth it.

Also, trying to think about builds is feeling very flat without states, attack subtypes, triggers, passive synergies, aux weapons, etc. What is there to think about other than "this does more damage" or "this does more healing?"
>>
>>181011519
Templars should be great, but their leader is a ponce.
>>
>>181011519
I just started and I really don't like the Templar's leader too much. Acts like a snob.
>>
>>181011671
Looking on shittit and discord as well as through my own experiance. You'll want to focus on your primary weapon. Its baseline energy recharge is 1/sec while secondary is .5/sec. This means you benefit more from more primary skills. Most set ups want 1 or 2 from secondary at most. Preferably 1 but 2 isnt that much of a performance drop. Some weapons work much better as secondaries due to their low "slot tax". Slot tax is the amount of slots you need to take advantage of the weapons mechanic. So pistols chaos, and elemental all work pretty well as secondaries. Assault rifles have some abilities that dont rely on grenades but because you cant use them well without the right passives and atleast 2 skills equiped the slot tax is the highest of all the weapons.
>>
>>181010837
>No link to previous thread
smhfam
>>
>>181010837
I'm using blood/AR and I don't like it, it's boring. But since synergy are gone I'm guessing all weapons are like that. It doesn't feel like I'm making my build since the new passive are restrictive as fuck on which abilities they can work. Also mob being piss easy to kill I often find myself with more than 30-40AP/SP I just forgot to spend.
>>
>>181010837
OP you need to make a better general.
Put a few more links with information about the game for Christ sake.
>>
>>181011519
Templars are obsessed with ridding the world of Evil, with a capital E. You might as well file them in the phonebook under Crusaders, with all that implies. They are more neutral good than lawful good though; they are willing to sacrifice for a greater good.

If you regularly play Paladins, Clerics of a good alignment, Rangers of a good alignment, or something similar in other games, you will like Templar.

Their only downside is that the handler likes his own voice a little bit too much.
>>
>>181011745
>>181011854
Dragon is the only faction where the handler doesn't act like a dick all the time.
>>
File: modern-prometheus.jpg (239KB, 1131x682px) Image search: [Google]
modern-prometheus.jpg
239KB, 1131x682px
Any lore nerds around? I was playing through Blue Mountain yesterday and was doing the investigation mission with the rune stones and those two ravens. The ravens tell about how the Norse gods are involved in all of it and let you in on Beaumont's identity, they also refer to Odin. The way they mention the all-father is now sleeping a "honeyed sleep" makes me think Odin was a bee in one of the earlier ages. Also points to the direction that The Buzzing is the collective consciousness of all the bees who came in previous ages, and got downloaded into Gaia once the ages ended.
Peter Stormare a best. He voiced the ravens.
>>
>>181012303
Nah i bet that he also acts like a dick but it is all lost in the translation :^)
>>
Is there a way to stop needing to join a chat channel every time you login? What the fuck.
>>
>>181012740
https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?74514-Scripts-for-Customchats
>>
>>181012740
Open Notepad ( or simliar ).

delay 5000
/chat join ‘channelname’

Save this as

auto_login

with no file extension.

Place in the scripts folder of your base game directory.
>>
>>181012931
>>181012987
Didn't work. There isn't a scripts folder in base directory so I made one and no dice.
>>
File: geary booty.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
geary booty.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>181013279
Odd, I used that format, made a tab in-game & enabled it from within (right click the tab, subscribe etc etc). Try not to put too many chat channels within one script if youre doing so, that might be a problem.
>>
>>181013471
I don't know. Oh well.
>>
>>181012569
>The Buzzing is the collective consciousness
Maybe. What is more probable is that it's a biomechanical entity/hivemind made by the builders, whoever they were, that has been around since the 1st age, part of the Immaculate Machine like Gaia Engines are.
"She [Gaia] gave you strength to rend the lion. Now eat the honeyed entrails, because it is good, because it is sweet, because it is terrible. Initiate the Samson Prerogative. Out of the eater comes what is eaten, and out of the strong comes what is sweet."
They're a safeguard for the Dreamers, made to guide the Gaia's chosen agents so that the Filth would not consume everything.
>>
Can you people share your min/maxing experience?

I'm rolling shotgun/hammer but I feel like all the stuff I pick is weak. Might drop hammer for something else but not sure what yet, or both if I find something that sounds worth trying.

Has anyone found like the perfect secondary? like minimal skill investment on the bar, yet providing enough benefits and getting some love from their gimmick?

How is chaos doing? I just wanted to be a brainless murderball with enough sustain to ignore damage. Any ideas welcome
>>
>>181014291

Combat seems harder all around desu, a lot harder to get an efficient build/rotation going when you're effectively limited to 6 skills and a single weapon. Not enough AP/SP to make much work till you're well into egypt.
>>
>>181013279
scretworldlegend/data/prog/script
>>
>>181014448
>Combat seems harder

What ? Are you sure you're playing Legend ?
>>
>>181014535
The content is easier, but the builds are harder, because picking up stuff is still somewhat experimental. It's hard to be sure which skills are worth shit and which aren't.

You can read like AoE or single target, x cooldown, power attack, or elite etc, but until you try it out you can't really tell if it really works like you imagine. Like I picked one of the hammer aoes, and it's so shit, and I don't feel like spending hundreds of SP just to see if the passives make it worthwhile. But at the same time obviously maxing all the passives will make it more effective as well as upgrading my weapon. But since I'm using it as secondary I don't feel like commiting so many points when I could swap to something else that someone found to be very reliable already.
>>
>>181014535

Did you play the old TSW? You could breeze through transylvania with quality 3 gear, now you HAVE to squat in every zone and grind levels or you'll get your ass stretched open. Not to mention how the game literally wont allow you to have a full set of gear till you get further in. I never had to grind in the old TSW.
>>
>>181013948
>They're a safeguard for the Dreamers, made to guide the Gaia's chosen agents so that the Filth would not consume everything.

In the lore entries The Buzzing says few times that "they were once like you", and The Black Signal pretty much says the same when it talks about how The Buzzing has "forgotten what it felt like to be plural once".
>>
>Patcher literally going 5kbps - 500 BYTES PER SECOND

Fix your shit. Love it when a game launches and can't even download it.
>>
>>181014932

Did you play the old TSW? I used to run NM daily. Also if you have to grind in each zone in Lagend you're doing something wrong, Just playing the quest and doing the dungeon give you enough to have your weapons and talisman overlevel.

Also you don't need a full set because the game is easy as fuck compare to tsw. Just look at polaris, before in normal you needed a tank , a heal and some dps, now just go with what you want it doesn't matter.
>>
>>181015343

>I used to run NM daily

Wow, that's super impressive. You dodged my point about quality 3 gear being sufficient for Transylvania, too. Icing on the cake, you concede my point that you have to run the missions in every area to stay geared when that wasn't necessary before.

But because you believe that normal Polaris is a good indicator of overall combat difficulty I understand that you're a huge fucking retard, don't ever reply to me again.
>>
>>181014932
>Use shotgun
>solo everything now
Yeah legends sure is hard
>>
>>181016048
Talk to me about the shotgun.
I've thrown AP into pistols right now but I'm only level 12. Should I just concentrate on shotgun instead as my first weapon.
It seems way more efficient considering group damage and survivability, essentially solo play, even if pistol probably beats it in overall DPS.
>>
>>181015936
Not my fault you can't deal with the most easy combat ever know and are butthurt about it.
>>
>>181016048
which passives and skills do you recommend for shotgun? Other tan odds and evens everything seems weaksauce.
>>
>>181016201

;)
>>
>>181016048
Shotgun seems pretty based yeah. Good dps and aoe, decent solo heal with dispell, possibility of tanking/taunting... At this point i think I'll only pick a second weapon for like a stun or something and only ever use it for that.

>>181001501
>wanting to delete based mining helmet
I always used it when exploring dark places. Good times.
>>
So, I hear the original game had actual face customization, was there any other customization removed? Cause choosing between a faggot and a boyish hipster bitch is unappealing.
>>
>>181016952
No. They fucked up the character creation for whatever incomprehensible reason, but clothing options seem to have been expanded slightly.
>>
>>181017069
>They fucked up the character creation for whatever incomprehensible reason
It's really hard to figure out why.
I mean, this already existed, they didn't need to change anything.
>>
>>181016952
>was there any other customization removed?
Weapon skin transfers are gone for now, not sure when they'll be back.
>>
>>181017287
Never.
They'd rather you grind, farm and pay to relevel the cool looking weapon you just found to the level of your old.
>>
File: aiphmi.png (24KB, 600x20px) Image search: [Google]
aiphmi.png
24KB, 600x20px
I found this extremely funny in a hilariously sad way.
>>
>>181017325
That would suck but it's not unlikely with their new model.
>>
>>181017209
That's the thing, the change is completely nonsensical.
Legends doesn't have the option of a barber shop and plastic surgeon that the old game had, so they're not even trying to cash in by limiting the initial creation and making you pay for the remaining options. Retaining the old creator would have cost them nothing, but they still redesigned it by removing the option to choose facial features separately instead from a dozen presets.
>>
Can't believe I was hyped when this game was first announced. It's special how much people defend this shit in general though.
>>
>>181018137
It's understandable. A lot of them are players who were invested in and really liked TSW.
It's pure and simple denial, because they still would want the game to be good. It will wear off after a while, stages of grief.
>>
>>181018265
I supppose, but I just don't understand exactly what part they see as an improvement.
If you've never played TSW you could still make the argument that Legends is better because it's free.
I suppose the weapon mechanics exist, barely.
>>
The ARG weapon codes didn't go out yet, right?
>>
>>181017339
I just realized that the last game I played with that mechanic was FUCKING
ARCHEAGE
>>
>>181018447
>I suppose the weapon mechanics exist, barely.
I actually really like AR's weapon mechanic, but that's probably due to me overthinking it.
>>
>>181018759
I haven't tried the AR, but it's the weapon mechanic people cry about the most. No idea why.
>>
Are they going to drop TSW anytime soon?
I might just go back to that, got to Transylvania and randomly stopped playing. At least the builds were a lot more fun than this.
>>
>>181019097
Even if you go through the story they won't be adding anything in there any more.
All further story updates, if such are ever made, will be in Legends.
Additionally you get to play the issues if you do not own them. Stick to Legends if the world and story interest you. Best look elsewhere though if you want a good MMORPG.
>>
>>181019376
Pretty sure I bought the version with all the issues and they haven't even released all issues on Legends have they?
>>
>>181019376

Their devteam is most likely cut down by 70% since launch. There will never be an xpac or proper content additions. When was the last issue for TSW anyways?
>>
>>181019097
I think they shut down the TSW item shop so you can't play anything you don't already own.
>>
>>181019670
They released 14 bit over a year ago, it was a separate mission chain, like 13 was.
Continuation to Tokyo, i.e. Main Story, is what people are waiting for.
>>181019532
No, but they said that tokyo will be coming later, and with that it would mean issues 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13.

Are Tyler Freeborn, Last Train to Cairo and Dream to Kill in yet? Dream to Kill especailly is pretty much essential for the main story, I could see that being part of the Tokyo update since it pretty much leads to issue 9.
Issues 1 to 4 are integrated to the game as they already were in original.
>>
Aight I'm about to give this game a shot. What am I in for lads?
>>
>>181018912
I guess it's because you're essentially playing hot potato, you have to waste skill slot just so you won't yourself for 15% max HPs, or you may get that one passive which makes you immune to it, but question is would that really be worth it?
>>
>>181020162
Shit gameplay, horrible monetization, worst item drop system I've seen in a while, incredible atmosphere, great quests, good writing and investigative quests that you'll either despise for being too vague or love.
>>
>>181020162
A shell of once unique and interesting concepts.
Writing is probably the best the entire genre has to offer, heck it's great for video games in general.
Too bad this is Funcom trying to barely stay afloat so the game has been messed up by f2p shit.
You'll either put up with that because the world completely takes you in, or you get turned away pretty quickly.
>>
File: 1297467457679.gif (9KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1297467457679.gif
9KB, 100x100px
Got any themes you like?
https://soundcloud.com/slipperhero/butterflies-wings-from-the-secret-world
I like the instrumental version of this too
>>
>>181020641

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU1qkH7Fwqw
>>
>>181018912
If you're using an AR spender, it means you're generating grenades. You can do one of three things with grenades, the first being slot a grenade skill and use them. This is slightly Effort, because there's a delay between generation and spending and because grenades are GTAOE, which is a pain to place right now. The second is to ignore them. This solution is shit, though, because it means you lose 15% of your maximum health every ten seconds or so.

The third option is to slot the explosives expert passive, which doubles the amount of time you have to respond to a grenade and also makes it so you can ignore them without penalty. This costs a passive slot, and most people don't have the ability unlocked/know about it.
>>
Are the last few issues (classic TSW) worth playing or should I just jump straight into SWL?
>>
File: b74xvz63LTk.png (1MB, 959x594px) Image search: [Google]
b74xvz63LTk.png
1MB, 959x594px
>>181020641
There is something about the radio music in videogames. TSW is one hell of example.
https://soundcloud.com/quadraphonicsoundproject/chasing-ghosts
https://soundcloud.com/doublestone/le-blond-all-inn Overlook Motel radio, starts on 11:20
And remember those songs that play at Raven's Knock? They are so soothing.
https://soundcloud.com/achazia/fire-inside
https://soundcloud.com/achazia/the-queen
https://soundcloud.com/achazia/thousands-thoughts-deep
One of the most atmospheric games I've ever played and it's a fucking MMO with loads of flaws.
>>
File: kanye.jpg (31KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
kanye.jpg
31KB, 640x427px
>Choose shotgun because shotgun fuck yeah
>All of the really damaging abilities have retarded animations, with one handed firing and other such nonsense
>>
File: 14944993807090.jpg (47KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
14944993807090.jpg
47KB, 500x531px
>maintenance in 2 minutes
>downtime 2 hours
>40mb patch 20kb/s
>>
>>181017649
Those two will probably be implemented later, no?
>>
>>181017339
Havent found a single one yet, and I'm 12-13. Is there a level minimum to get them?
>>
Carter is a cutie.
>>
>>181025365
>DX11
>>
>>181025365
No, but the female teacher with the accent is.
>>
>>181025492
I don't have a toaster and DX11 run fine, outside of a micro freeze every 2 hours

>>181025525
I'm sure you can get both.
>>
>>181024210
Kneecapper is objectively the best elite skill in the game.
>>
So many salty mother fuckers over the new system. They have lock boxes which can be ignored. They have dungeon keys which are in place to prevent someone from grinding a green to an epic in a single 2 hour play session which was done in beta and posted in the beta forums. As for hollowed out weapon builds. Everyone did slight variations on 8-9 builds in the original. Maybe swap out a builder or 2 but that was the diversity. Investigation missions haven't changed. In fact the only system i can understand the bitching over are the inventory expansion and sprint speed. For real let us use anima shards on that shit. New combat is much better than the shit old combat. (BIS for everything, fully upgraded aegis and maxed out museum don't get me started on scen grinding) I've been with tsw since 2010 when they posted the first few screen shots participated in every arg so on and so on. I've enjoyed legends gameplay wise much more than i've ever enjoyed vanilla.

There is another complaint but I'm not in a position to have an opinion on it due to my legacy status. The stat increases from passive nodes affect you no matter what weapon you hold. New players start out with a disadvantage in having to unlock them. Though 40k isnt that much. Considering a single blue can net you 15k. Also 3 pips are easy 5k.
>>
>>181025909 Continuing this rant
>>181025192

The guy talking about the download is also right. The patch server is shit. took me 6 hours to download a 60mb patch after the AH exploit.
>>
>>181025909
>New players start out with a disadvantage in having to unlock them. Though 40k isnt that much. Considering a single blue can net you 15k. Also 3 pips are easy 5k.
I've been playing for a few days now and i have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>181026158
Probably selling items in AH.
>>
Hi anons. I remember playing this long ago and giving up before even finishing Kingsmouth. It wasn't the combat/animations themselves that turned me off, but also how those issues were coupled with the large amount of boring af action quests. Should I still give Legends a go?

I was just going to try it myself right now, but maintenance.
>>
>>181026305
What is AH?
>>
What do you wanna bet with the state of the download and login server it'll be 1hour+ after the downtime ends before we can play again? If this was supposed to save Funcom and TSW, oh boy things are looking bad.
>>
>>181026428
The thing that has been disabled for few days now.
>>
>>181026158
Sorry was on a rant, and i failed to adequately explain that. On the market you can sell a blue quality item for 15k Marks of favor. Thats 1 and 2 pips as well. (Pips are the little dots below the weapon and talismans with 3 being the rarest) Green 3 pips go for around 5-7k a piece. For example im sitting on 53k Mof after selling a few blues pretty early on. I'd have more but I've bought sprint and a few Inv expansions. What im trying to say is from my perspective its easy to make money. But I'm also a subscriber and a tsw transfer so I have advantages so its hard for me to just flat out say "Stop complaining over nothing i can get money just fine" as I'm not in the same position as them.
>>
Fucking caches, I've had 15 of them drop in 20 minutes
Normally I'd start praying to every god and saint out there, but fucking hell
>>
>>181026428
Auction House.
>>
File: 1473299093382.jpg (3MB, 5220x3328px) Image search: [Google]
1473299093382.jpg
3MB, 5220x3328px
Is it still down for maintenance or is it only me who can't get in? :<
>>
>>181025309
>>181026707
Bump. When did you start looting some?
>>
>>181025309
They don't drop until you're level is 15.
>>
>>181026798
They just started dropping when I went through the scrapyard and airport
>>
>>181027010
... and then they never stop.
>>
>>181027101
...Never ever...
>>
>main story quest: go raise your level
this is cancer
>>
>>181025909
>New combat is much better than the shit old combat.
New combat is literally the same as the old reticle combat. Nothing has changed except for removing builders and making energy recharge over time instead. Now you just spam consumers rather than making yourself a rotation based on your weapon combination.

Combat is so fucking bad right now because you constantly have to turn the camera to hit what you want to hit.
>>
>>181027327
Literally happens in only 2 places in Kingsmouth. After that you will always be appropriate level unless you decide to skip everything but the main quest.
>>
File: reddit.jpg (73KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
73KB, 1920x1200px
>>181026750
Should be up in about 20 minutes. Get ready to meet your friend Territory Manager though.
>>
File: 1488122543084.jpg (403KB, 1908x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1488122543084.jpg
403KB, 1908x2000px
>>181020162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEKJ0_K9nY
>>
>>181027405
Except the reticle combat feels good. The using resources feels good. Requires management. Builder spender required no forethought save theory crafting. Also taht last comment was autistic. They wanted reticle target arpg feel and.... HOLYSHIT YOU HAVE TO PLAY IT LIKE AN ARPG THE FUCKING NERVE.
>>
>>181028285
www.autismspeaks.com
>>
File: 1493628767063.jpg (573KB, 1419x1806px) Image search: [Google]
1493628767063.jpg
573KB, 1419x1806px
>>181027310
Even when the servers die you'll still get them...
>>
File: 1420576835521.png (393KB, 395x599px) Image search: [Google]
1420576835521.png
393KB, 395x599px
>when servers are down you can't download the game

Geniuses.
>>
I miss all the skill synergies.
>>
>>181028285
>Except the reticle combat feels good. The using resources feels good.

It doesn't feel better, it the same as before except instead of spamming a builder and a spender, you spam two spender.
>>
>>181028874
The surge of new players disagree.
>>
File: 1456497549168.jpg (200KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1456497549168.jpg
200KB, 1280x850px
>>181028961
This surge will soon leave after a while. F2P games have a bad player retention, especially with the nickle and diming in this new iteration.
>>
>>181028961

Because it's a relaunch. Wildstar had a resurge when it went F2P too.
>>
>>181028961
You mean the surge of new players to a game that just went f2p?
>>
>>181028285
>reticle combat feels good
>only 1 server
>>
>>181028961
>thinking new players came to tswl because of the combat no because it's f2p.
>>
>>181029278
>Implying megaservers haven't existed since fucking neverwinter
>>
>>181029567
still doesn't make it any good. in fact it's so shit it killed neverwinter.
>>
HOLY FUCK IS THIS GAME SHIT!
>>
WOW are the servers ever up for this game i waited yesterday and then couldn't log in because of Verification bullshit every time i tried and now its down again today
>>
File: 1486686848251.gif (1015KB, 207x193px) Image search: [Google]
1486686848251.gif
1015KB, 207x193px
>>181030338
Always up except for the times you try to log in.
>>
>>181030338
Try reading what is written on the launcher.
>>
Can anyone recommend me Abilities and Passives for maining Pistols? I've been doing low to medium damage but I feel like I'm missing out on something. My secondary is Shotgun for healing as well.

I understand that Blade and Sledgehammer are OPed as fuck but I just love Pistols.
>>
File: 1495647374111.jpg (132KB, 1024x920px) Image search: [Google]
1495647374111.jpg
132KB, 1024x920px
>>181028531
>>
>>181026328
Combat is way faster and braindead easy now, it's impossible to die to mobs your own level and every mob encounter lasts only a fraction of what it did in the original.
This means that action missions are also way faster than they used to.
>>
>>181028285
The reticle combat is exactly the same.
Exactly when do you not look at the general direction of an enemy when using abilities in TSW?
You don't shoot projectiles that you have to aim, you don't have animation that have to directly hit an enemy. It's still the exact same MMO combat, except instead of pressing tab to target something else you move your mouse somewhere near the enemy.
>>
>>181028285
If you had played the old TSW for the slightest of time on reticle mode you would have known this is the exact same shit we had back then. Except the players HATED it and rarely anyone used it, but Funcom thought it would be a good idea to just implement it over to SWL without any improvements.

It feels so fucking bad and it will drive away a lot of potential players.
>>
File: 1476462893101.png (70KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476462893101.png
70KB, 300x250px
>The Exchange is still offline, but we plan to re-enable it later today, June 28th. Thank you again for your patience!
What the fuck are they even doing in there
>>
File: 1429091301226.png (12KB, 530x492px) Image search: [Google]
1429091301226.png
12KB, 530x492px
>yfw "2 hour downtime" is in fact 3 hours because it takes an extra hour the download a 60mb patch at third world speeds
>>
>>181027010
>>181027013
>>181027101
>>181027310
>>181028531
Ok, thanks!
>>
Does the faction mission have disapeared ?
>>
>>181033946
Hey, I'm downloading at an impressive speed of up to 70 KB/sec today opposed to the 18 KB/s of yesterday!
>>
>>181034235
Are you a third worlder ? I can get 80KB/sec, it feel good not having a shit internet.
>>
>>181034595
I CAN GET 30MB/S OFF DECENT SERVERS AND IT'S NOT EVEN THE MOST EXPENSIVE ISP OPTION, WHAT IS IS KB/S CRAP ARE WE IN 1980s REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>181034595
I blame the Illuminati.
>>
"Getting Character list" wew sure am glad they fixed the servers so i still cant log in
>>
>>181035047
They should hire a new territory manager.
>>
File: Injustice.jpg (90KB, 728x560px) Image search: [Google]
Injustice.jpg
90KB, 728x560px
> 10 minutes for launcher to get past "Getting character list"
> Several more minutes to load the character select screen
> 10 minutes for menu to load after choosing to create a new character
> Crashes
> realize that the launcher didn't update to the new patch properly

This relaunch is worse than Wildstar going F2P, and that's a pretty low bar to begin with.

I understand that MMO launches are inherently shitty and unprofessional, but it never stops being annoying.
>>
File: 1494946769730.jpg (1MB, 1841x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1494946769730.jpg
1MB, 1841x1227px
>>181034036
Yes and aux weapons and the quests for them.

BUY A LOOT BOX KEY TODAY!
>>
File: 1429970111289.png (239KB, 363x594px) Image search: [Google]
1429970111289.png
239KB, 363x594px
>>181035558
Faction special missions are gone?
Literally why? I understand aux weapons, but there was absolutely no reason to remove the special assignments.
>>
>>181035756
Funcom gotta funcom
>>
File: 1493030304003.jpg (72KB, 346x530px) Image search: [Google]
1493030304003.jpg
72KB, 346x530px
> Unable to create more characters in this dimension. Please select another one.

Motherfucker, how do I change my server if I didn't even start character creation yet? I yelled "WHAT" so loudly that I woke up my dog.
>>
>>181025525

Finally, a man with taste
>>
>>181035558
>>181035756
Apparently the faction missions take place between story missions now rather than when your faction rank goes up.
>>
File: 1468170608169.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1468170608169.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
20 minutes messing around with the character creator and it spontaneously crashes. This is in addition to a bunch of other crashes that happened already.

There's a feeling in my stomach telling me that this isn't worth the time or effort.
>>
File: 1437237001175.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1437237001175.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>181025525
>ABC of Monsters up in the treehouse
>Miss Usher
>Caution: hot
>>
File: Riverdale_Secret_World.png (1MB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Riverdale_Secret_World.png
1MB, 1200x630px
>>181035756
Let's all pretend I'm from Funcom and I know what's happened to them, and that I too am upset they're gone ok?

The initial plan was to remove them and then RESELL them as mini-expansions down the road, however, instead of using a surgical knife to remove it from the game, they took a sledgehammer to it, like the majority of what they've done with this "Facelift" so because of this they're not sure if they can put them back into the game so they're on permanent hold now.

This can all change and this is Secret World Legends "Open Beta" so it might be re-introduced in the coming months or sadly years.
>>
>>181036775
How do you know when you have one?
>>
>>181037146
They've said that all story content will be free, upcoming ones as well.
If they don't want to shoot themselves in the leg they wont sell mission+story content and will focus the monetising on different aspects.
>>
>>181037090
>>
File: 1413111326886.jpg (49KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
1413111326886.jpg
49KB, 238x250px
Why the fuck is this game 40gigs

what the fuck
>>
>>181035756
The NY parking was one, right? Hope it's still here, that's one of my favorite quest ever.
>>
>>181037090
OMG i remember reading this but i never made the connection.Is it the same teacher?I forgot the name.
>>
File: ULoZIq5.jpg (130KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ULoZIq5.jpg
130KB, 1680x1050px
>not playing SWL: LSD
>>
>>181038564
There's also a page for Montag.
>>
Anyone know if the gravity quest is bug ?
>>
Is it like the old TSW and I should finish at least Solomon Island with the weapons I started putting points into, or can I just change right now still in Kingston, at about lvl 14 and not run into problems?
Pistol just pisses me off, I keep reading people saying shotgun is great and that's what I did most of the old TSW with the first time, might as well switch back.
>>
Ahahahaha holy shit.
So I logged in, moment it finished loading, I died. Like, died. I dunno why.
When I respawned, I have no energy at all.
Am not recovering any energy at all. I've killed myself so many times and it's not recharging now.
Damn.
>>
>>181038338
>accidentally save it in your SSD
>can't move it since downloading takes forever right now

yea... pretty annoying
>>
>>181039136
I've changed at like lv7 and had no problem.
>>
>>181039136
Shotty seems to be even more easymodo than the game in general is now.
It's a dps and tank weapon so you get damaging abilities but better group handling potential than pistol.
Healing and tanking abilities and passives, and picking anima infused shells on reload on hairy situations lends to solo play much more.
I feel like blade could probably achieve the same.
>>
So, what weapon should i even take with the Shotgun? I'm not really feeling any.Went for the AR but the grenade is a shitty gimmick.
>>
>>181040809
are you trying to dps or tank?
>>
>>181041081
Dps i guess. I'll mostly be solo though.
>>
>>181041248
try elementalism
>>
File: 45.png (30KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
45.png
30KB, 432x288px
>can't recreate my TSW character
>autisms prevents me from enjoying the game
Why did they have to remove options?
>>
>>181042081
Create a char of the other gender.
>>
>>181042052
Aright, thanks.
>>181042081
Modified mine a bit. Just imagine he/she got older over the years.
>>
>>181042471
>got older over the years.
that's what I had to do
>>
>>181042743
I tried to do that but couldn't get over how weird it looked.
It was very close, but not exactly because of the wrinkles.
Had to delete that character and create a new one. This time a bit further.
Now it doesn't hit my uncanny valley, though it also doesn't really look like my old character beyond hair and facial hair, of the latter which by the way my old choice isn't even in anymore so I had to settle for the closest one.
The creator is an absolute shit show.
>>
>>181043292
it wasn't good before either, but I get your disappointment.
>>
>>181044468
I know it wasn't good compared to other games, but I don't get why they removed options when it could have just been moved into Legends as it was.
>>
File: 20170301001347_1.jpg (148KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170301001347_1.jpg
148KB, 1366x768px
>>181020641
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4zutKoJ_QQ&list=PLXSaJ1VYkIYsbYlKA__KoBXqjqaZR4R6K&index=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiUPR4ckbSw
>>
>Varangian runs away when he only has 100 health left
I'm guessing that's not intended? He went towards the first place you meet him.
>>
>>181044993
I don't disagree with you, but I can understand why they wanted to up the graphics a bit. I don't know shit about making games so I don't know whether or not that would affect their ability to keep the old faces.

Also, is anyone else finding the speed with which you kill mobs a little off-putting? The speed with which I roast zombies and the like kind of cuts into the horror ambiance.
>>
>>181049059
>the speed with which you kill mobs a little off-putting
It's literally impossible to die to mobs close to your level. I blasted away the lvl 15 zombies in airport as 11.
>>
>>181049059
Mobs were never much of a threat before either.
>>
File: The Commodore.png (795KB, 955x701px) Image search: [Google]
The Commodore.png
795KB, 955x701px
Let me see those outfits, post your dudes and dudettes.

>>181049265
I distinctly remember dreading pulling extra mobs while playing tsw when it came out. Now it seems like nothing. Then again maybe it will get hard later, but I'm not counting on it.
>>
>>181049397
You could still die to them. Weapon and ability synergy understanding was essential in TSW to handle mobs. Now you just kill them with a couple of clicks of one power ability.
>>
>>181049397
I can't tell you the number of times people hit Blue Mountain, pre balance tweaks, and got a rude awakening. Synergistic builds used to be near mandatory. There were entire sections of build websites just for Blue Mountain builds to get the newer players through it.
>>
>>181049616
>distinctly remember dreading pulling extra mobs
That's because it pretty much meant certain death.
Mobs were placed so that they were single encounters. Pulling and killing more was possible, but only after you had good gear and a great build that could dish out a lot of group damage.
>>
File: wallpaper_the_secret_world.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_the_secret_world.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
>>181020641
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2aHcANs4GE

Still give me the chill
>>
>>181049616
>Would not trust the terminator.
>>
Played TSW for a little, enjoyed it but I was stuck and dropped it. What is this and should I get into it?
>>
>>181050560
read the thread
>>
>>181049836

Christ pubbies are fucking bad. I made it through BM and didn't know shit about my build.
>>
>>181050560
TL;DR Funcom being greedy jews re-released the game as F2P. All issues (expansions) will be F2P. Has a pay 2 win cash shop, has tedious grind and loot boxes designed to nickle and dime you for every cent you have since Funcom is going under financially.

Also has much more simplified and easier content which is both a good and bad thing. TSW was brutally difficult unless you had a maximized build and that's done away with, but at the same time skill trees are too simplified.

Still has the great story, questing, and atmosphere of TSW.

Overall I'd say give it a go. Note that the game starts getting more difficult after you get to the Savage Coast and steadily increases in difficulty to the point where you do need to pay attention to what you're doing.
>>
>>181050560
https://secretworldlegends.com/faq/

Relaunch of TSW with easier combat and f2p mechanics.
>>
>Be Blades
>Go down the top skill path
>Get Dancing Blade
>Animation looks like shit and it does fuck all for damage outside of its final burst

>Do Dungeon
>Try to DPS
>Typhoon seems to do less damage than regular old Swallow Cut
>No real reward for progressing and investing AP since the moves seem to get weaker than the basic 1 hit Swallow Cut.

I know the game just opened and everyone has shitty builds but is there anyone in here who is also blades and knows how to fucking build them, because I'm not getting it.
>>
>>181050931
>>181050979
Alright, might have to check it out since its (free)
>>
>>181051086
I saw some other people saying that blades are doing shit for damage right now.
>>
>>181050914
I don't get the BM difficulty spike either and I played before they made early game easier.
Doesn't change that TSW still required some thought into your build, unlike here.
Hell even in transylvania, where you probably had already blues from doing dungeons, you still had to change your abilities to, if not get wrecked, at least make your life easier, e.g. to counter vampire's high evade rating.
>>
>>181051319
I did Hell Rising at lvl 20 with 2 pugs and we were legitimately having trouble with the DPS check bosses like the Corroder and the one guy in the cathedral whos name escapes me.

The boss just wasn't fucking dying fast enough and the fire reached us and fried us. I was blades, another guy was shotgun and the last guy was blood/something. The blood guy just fucking stood there most of the time and did fuck all.

But the point was that the DPS checks were fucking us. We only BARELY scraped by when blood guy finally decided to use his fucking damage abilities.

I don't know if it was me with a shit build because I don't know what the mecca of blades builds is, or if blades itself is bad, but it was a pain in the ass.
>>
>>181049836
Was this early on?

I only played the game 1-2 years ago. I had a zero-thought build and even then didn't die that much on Blue Mountain. I may have adapted and pulled less mobs there compared to previous areas, but at no point the enemies felt intimidating.
>>
So what's the best prefix for shotguns?
Does it even matter? I was thinking restoration mkII for the heals.
>>
File: 1498342910264.jpg (269KB, 816x1382px) Image search: [Google]
1498342910264.jpg
269KB, 816x1382px
I played this three years ago. While I agree the combat sucked it was the next comfiest experience after starting regions in WoW.

What did they actually change as I'm still downloading?
>>
>>181052253
*suffix, fuck
>>
>>181052253
Always go for Energy
>>
>>181052291
no skill synergies or passive synergies anymore.
no skill wheel.
no aux weapons.
no tab targeting, "action" combat with reticle
agartha is different.
the weapons each have a gimmick outside their skills.
less skill slots on the hotbar.
no crafting really, not that it was good before.
pay to win (((cash shop)))
>>
>>181052068
In 2014. They made the early game easier at some point in 2015.
>>
>>181052068
>I only played the game 1-2 years ago
You played the "rebalance" version of Blue Mountain that was much easier. They didn't change any of the mechanics, just toned down all the numbers so nobody had any chance of dying.
>>
Brand new to the game, can someone redpill me on all the factions and if joining one over the other is worth it?
>>
>>181054795
> redpill me
You're going to be right at your place with the Illuminati.
>>
>>181055046
Their intro video makes them seem edgy as fuck though.
>>
>>181055113
I don't think any of the factions are edgy.
>>
>>181054795
Doesn't matter further than flavor.
Dragon is ridiculously boring.
Make the choice of your particular flavor between Templar and Illuminati.

For head-roleplaying:

Templars fight the Evil, crusaders, though not religiously oriented ones. Defenders of humanity or tunnelvisioned zealots, depending on the view.

Illuminati are Illuminati. Pulling the strings of governments, information control, conspiracies, money flowing into right pockets and out of others.
Powerhungry hedonists or just humans who don't want to pretend they live for anything other than themselves?

Dragon is an enigma. Nobody really knows what the fuck the Dragon do or how they even operate and for what purpose, not even Funcom.
>>
>>181054795
You should always pick Templar for a variety of reasons.

Illuminati are basically corporate America gone overboard, doing anything for wealth and power.

Dragon are idiots who think they can out-chaos Cthulu.

Templars are righteous, if narrow minded, zealots who want to stamp out Evil from the world.
>>
I will never solo the Ur-Draug again. Fucking hell, took me 30 minutes. I need to google for builds.
>>
So how long until i can start doing the social aspects of this game like dungeon running for loot progression and selling things and doing Auction House PvP?
>>
>>181055113
their organization isn't as cool as the Templars, but their allied groups throughout the world are cool. Illuminati get Innsmouth Academy and the Oni Bathhouse in Tokyo.
>>
>>181054795
I had an Illuminati character named Shekel and no-one batted an eyelid if that's what you ask.
They're not edgy, they're supposed to be a parody of the whole evil corporate manipulators trope, faction made up of wolf of wall street types types, except various levels of competence.

Dragons have the best flavor text which goes from Man Running In Front of Bus Gets Tired tier confucian wisdom to complete rambling.

Templars are actually fairly straightforward as >>181055573 described.

>>181055972
You'll be googling 3 year old builds right now.
>>
>>181055917
I played Templars before and rolled up an Illuminati this time. Not sure yet whether or not it was a mistake, London is by far the best city.
>>
>>181055113
>edgy as fuck
What do you think /pol/ is? You're the one who asked for a red pill.
>>
File: 1495888662643.jpg (121KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
1495888662643.jpg
121KB, 1024x764px
>it's still downloading

In the meantime, do we have a cabal?
>>
>>181035874
it's a bug, when you try a second time it works normally

If you spazz for something like that you have some anger issues to deal with.
>>
>>181057073
It wouldn't work.
You're either a lone wolf or you grin and bear the few unsavory mmorpg types when in a random cabal.

I was in a cabal for a while. They were okay people when I did some dungeons and lairs with them, mostly because the active members and leaders were adults, but I didn't socialize.
It's best you try to find just a relaxed random group that doesn't have lelsorandumb internet humor on their introductions.
Imagine the mess a bunch of virgins together would be, even if Secret World attracts a supposedly more mature playerbase than many other games.
>>
File: boyorgirl.jpg (131KB, 696x700px) Image search: [Google]
boyorgirl.jpg
131KB, 696x700px
left, or right?
>>
>>181058605
right
>>
>>181058605
Right is generic as fuck "i want to play a super cute grill"-character
Left is funny, which'll get old after a while, but what really amazes me is that one same person made both of these.
>>
File: $R8BOHF2.jpg (19KB, 285x266px) Image search: [Google]
$R8BOHF2.jpg
19KB, 285x266px
>Using the assault rifle that gives you instantly cooked grenades
>Gain a grenade
>Grenade ability is on cooldown
>mfw

Anyway, I realized you can (Somewhat) replicate OG Merc build on TSWL, but you need to give up a basic ability ability and you lose out on one elementalist ability
>>
File: 1498427046629.jpg (179KB, 1199x896px) Image search: [Google]
1498427046629.jpg
179KB, 1199x896px
>>181058018
You never know, I played WoW with a dorf-only /v/ guild and STO in the /v/ fleet and they were both fine. No memes or drama.

I think exposure to autist drama ravaging other generals made you a bit jaded, anon-kun.

>>181058605
Left looks like some pajeet protagonist from a bollywood movie, which ranges from excellent if you'll roleplay correctly to terrible if won't. Right is "My main on Eredar is a pink haired gnome" horrible.
>>
>>181058018
You know we used to have a channel and one cabal per faction a few years ago, right?
It went all super fine, we did Nightmares and shit.
>>
>>181060152
Guess I'm just jaded.
Though I didn't really want to hang around /v/ types back then either. I was absolutely sick of gamergate and the board's culture in general. Still am, I just visit a few generals at times, haven't been a resident /v/irgin for years now.
/tg/ had a chat channel but no active cabals, I think. That was allright.
>>
>>181060693
>I was absolutely sick of gamergate and the board's culture in general.
It seems that you forgot that /v/ doesn't play video games.
>>
>>181060693
I've had the best times with /vg/ guilds', when there's an insufferable faggot he just gets ignored, easy as that.

Age of Wushu with /vg/ was simply amazing, a brotherhood of anons kidnapping chinks, drunken outlaw fights everywhere, playing go, collecting silk worms, patrolling the towns for spies, I miss that bunch so much.
>>
>>181061326
Yeah same. Always had fun with /vg/ guilds too.
>>
File: 1491162698386.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491162698386.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>Played TSW for years work my ass off to get end-game gear and be able to do raids
>Buy all the issues
>Later game gets rebooted
>complete fuck you to veterans and they added a F2P model

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I've been thinking for the past few days whether I should come back or not.

To people who actually played the original what are your thoughts? you think its worth doing it all over again?
>>
>>181061724
Do you love the world and the story? I assume yes, if the game hooked you before.
If you want to replay, well, now you kind of have the incentive for it. Other than that the game's gone simply worse.
On the plus side, replaying is easier since combat is now way more straightforward, easier, and faster.
Worth it for mmorpg experience? No.
Worth it for Secret World experience? Yeah, sure.
>>
>>181049397
Oi, depends. Some fights were tough, especially if you're the exploring type.
>>
File: Hedraios-2017-06-28-22-53-30.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hedraios-2017-06-28-22-53-30.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>181049616
Man I was trying to trade for those damn glasses right up to SWL start, but didn't find anybody who wanted my shitty epics.
I'm using my old outfit I had in TSW, minus the Puritan glasses which got canned :(
>>
>>181049616
>>
>>181059579
>and STO in the /v/ fleet
I downloaded STO recently and played for one day. It seemed super mediocre. Was I just not far enough in or does it just need the player to be a ST fan?
>>
>>181061326
>Age of Wushu
notrabbu is deaaaaaaaad
>>
File: international man of mystery.png (419KB, 354x729px) Image search: [Google]
international man of mystery.png
419KB, 354x729px
>>181049616
Now we just got to wait for the addon for outfit saving and quick changing.
>>
>>181062101
>Worth it for mmorpg experience? No.
>Worth it for Secret World experience? Yeah

Damn that's a good question. I worked my ass off for alot of my stuff, at least they gave us the option to transfer them over. I'll download it tonight and give it a whirl. I'm not crazy about the F2P shit or the face they removed alot of stuff, and yeah from what I'm hearing game has gotten worse.

The way to make a decision I guess is to play it and see if i feel the same way. Gonna miss old TSW
>>
File: 1497064643926.png (474KB, 526x567px) Image search: [Google]
1497064643926.png
474KB, 526x567px
>>181063283
I'm not sure what state the game is in now, but kinda both. First two seasons of "episodes" are garbage made original developers whp almost killed the game, it gets much better afterwards. There's also an in-game editor where users made some neat missions. Love for Star Trek helps, but it's optional. In general all walking aspects are shittier than the space aspects and space aspects really shine in end-game. Most people play for the space battles and if the space combat won't win you over then nothing else will. It was also genuine F2P where you only really paid to look good and you could grind cash shop money in-game.

I can't comment on on PvP, it was heavily in favor of a specific Klingon ship build which was apparently never nerfed and I heard it's unplayable now due to severe P2W.
>>
My girlfriend broke up with me, I lost my job, and I was forced to move back in with my parents.

Is Legends worth playing to get my mind off things? Original TSW was pretty fun.
>>
>>181064752
Good enough, jump in!
>>
Fucking hell piece of shit keeps fucking crashing. I never had the old game crash even once.
>>
File: ready.jpg (90KB, 374x760px) Image search: [Google]
ready.jpg
90KB, 374x760px
Ready to slay some cthulus.
>>
Amir, can you please fucking follow me.
>>
I'm just getting started, zero experience with the game. What faction should I pick? What weapons are trap choices?
>>
>>181071491
go dragon, don't pick shotgun
>>
>>181071491
>>181072236
This except do the opposite.
Go Illuminatis, and the shotgun is pretty good.
>>
>>181072695
Is sword or blood magic good?
>>
>>181073070
Apparently sword is mediocre right now. Blood's fun though.
>>
As some one new, how do i get the AK looking rifle i can see on the exchange?
It costs a shit ton more than the m-16 and it has a magenta background if that means anything.
>>
File: no pants.jpg (75KB, 507x838px) Image search: [Google]
no pants.jpg
75KB, 507x838px
>>181074960
bumping question i want to buy it but dont know if its worth 15k of the Marks of Favor i only have 20k
>>
>>181074960
Getting a purple weapon early in the game might make things easier
>>
>>181011028
Shotty is such a good solo weapon with it's different ammo types. I run it pure and everything is so easy.
>>
>>181074672
Is blood primarily a healing thing? I'm not much into healing.
>>
>>181014291
Drop your hammer and go pure shotgun. Switch to healing ammo when hurt, purple whenever you can get it, blue to debuff in the three times you play group activities, red when you fucked up or fighting weak groups.

Secondaries don't seem worth it to me unless you desire another power to spam when you lack energy in your other gun. Otherwise all it does is split up your passives slots. Maybe late game you can get something working but pure seems to be the way to go with leveling.
>>
>>181079349
It used to be that you could use any nominally healing weapon for dps(half the weapon's tree was dedicated to damage and half to healing) but given the way blood works now with the sadism/martyrdom gauge that might be less the case.
>>
>>181016253
Not him but right now I'm running straight down the DPS tree, then I took the double barrel (whatever it is called) ability with the cone aoe that generates rage and the healing ability that uses 6 shells.

The six shells heal mostly is there to let me change ammo quickly, and the group attack is for applying fire to an entire group.
>>
File: 1376819344977.jpg (27KB, 229x374px) Image search: [Google]
1376819344977.jpg
27KB, 229x374px
>at level 50
>run my 3 dungeons, 3 scenarios
>then get my shit fucked up in shadow forest doing missions
>try do C.fang, get even more rekt

I need some level 50 friends. I mean just like old TSW, doing C.fang/SF with QL10 greens was a death sentence. Not to mention the mobs have some of the worst gimmicks.

The dungeons are decent right now at 50 since very few of the casual new friends have made it to 50. But once they do, dungeons are gonna suck hard.
>>
>>181080185
there wasn't anything fun about transylvania 'stun you for four seconds and heal for half' mobs
i mean, unless you took a stun break, then they were probably less awful
Or, wait. were those after fangs?
>>
Is Chaos and/or Fists good?
>>
>>181081236
I would take Tokyo over Transylvania any time.

Transylvania has
Ghosts that Shield half their hp constantly
Most mobs do some sort of aimed AoE that you need to watch for to get out of or youre fucked.
Stacking damage debuffs that tick off 1 at a time.
Monsters that stack Debil/Exposed on you easily.
Vampires that drag you into them, also have high af evade.
And alot of the monsters hit like trucks
Hate all these insects in SF
>>
>>181082345
>Most mobs do some sort of aimed AoE that you need to watch for to get out of or youre fucked.
i mean
i played wildstar, that's completely normal
but yeah fuck the rest
>>
Does shotgun need every single ability/passive slot the way blade does or could I spare one of each to slot a filler skill from another weapon?
>>
>>181027981
>Self fellates himself in the comments
No big surprise that british guy keeps himself as some sort of hero and saviour in gaming
>>
Please tell me Hayden Montag comes back and is a re occurring character i love Jeffrey Combs and his voice acting is just the best.
>>
>>181074960
KSR-Whatever? It has innate special that makes your grenades instantly cooked, but you always start at 3 seconds in grenade timer.
If you instantly fire the grenade and have luck enough to get another grenade, the global grenade cooldown timer is longer
>>
>>181072695
>>181072236
Don't listen to either of these faggots, go Templar and pick pistols or blade.

Don't pick fists, it might as well be a strictly healing only weapon.

Don't pick hammer, it might as well be a strictly tanking only weapon.
>>
So have we set up a cabal or a chat channel yet?
>>
So what's the difference between TSW and TSWL?
>>
>>181089639
Templar bab pls go
>>
File: 14964271825370.jpg (52KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
14964271825370.jpg
52KB, 960x720px
>>181091124
>>181052630
>>
Alright, new shitbag here, sell me on why your faction is the best?
>>
File: cache.jpg (62KB, 292x350px) Image search: [Google]
cache.jpg
62KB, 292x350px
2 agartha cache from the same pack of mobs... this is getting ridiculous.
>>
Maybe I'm crazy, but is there no place where it shows your current stack of buffs? I would have assumed it would be somewhere reasonable like near your healthbar, but I see nothing.
>>
>>181093127
I've heard that 100 of crates can be sold for 5k anima or smth.
>>
>>181093318
Nevermind, buffs get put above my health, but stacks of improved stats do not. Annoying.
>>
How good is the weapon customization in this game?
I wanna go blades and use kitchen knives or cleavers but I'm scared I'll just get stuck with samurai swords or something.
>>
>>181092703

three character slots idort faction is the best because you never have to think about suicide when you are too busy grinding three characters!
>>
>>181093127
Buy a key, goy
>>
>>181093571
I dont remember other blade weapons besides katanas. I do remember a small dagger which I used as a skin
>>
what do you think about shotgun+AR
can it work?
>>
>>181093571
>kitchen knives or cleavers
Don't remember any of those. I do remember a regular sword though, so it's not just katanas.
>>
>>181096630
If you pick AoE abilities for shotgun and something like burst fire with AR, I can see it working
>>
>>181095719
A small dagger might work.
>>181096783
Not sure about a sword. The smaller the blade, the better.
I basically want to roleplay a serial killer so I can feel like a monster in a world of monsters
>>
>>181097287
>smaller the blade
Every blade I remember from tsw was of full sword length, but I quit playing years ago so I'm not sure if there were any put in after that. There might be something machete length, but nothing like a knife.
>>
>>181097287
OG TSW used to have some daggers, that one ancient dagger for an example, but I dunno if that loot is in TSW Legends yet.
Remember to wear the butcher set, although that may require few days worth of marks.
>>
>>181096630
Not sure, I'm trying to figure out what weapon to combo with shotgun tanking right now. I'm trying to avoid the other tank weapons to try to create some sort of utility, but so many of the abilities seem weak to me, very dependent upon the weapon mechanic.
>>
>>181097287
https://sephorassecretcloset.wordpress.com/tsw-weapon-skins/blades/
>>
When will they give out the blood weapons after finishing the puzzle?
>>
>>181099439
Isn't that for The Secret World though?
Or does Legends have the same weapons?
>>
>>181100043
Some of the assets from tsw haven't been transferred over yet, but honestly I don't see why they wouldn't be. It's much easier than making new ones.
>>
Can a blade attack that hits multiple enemies proc multiple instances of chi? Also, can the damage over time left over by the tempest ability proc additional chi?
>>
>>181100504
No, and I don't know.

Also PSA for any other blade users, the elite ability in the top path (whose name escapes me right now) is fucking garbage.

In fact almost all the blade skills are shit except for swallow cut.
>>
reading the weapon sheets and actually trying them is very different. so from my early experiences, for anyone that cares;

Ele - goddamn ridiculous, maybe one of the best for burst damage, lag doesn't fuck up the gimmick, probably easy mode for general questing. damage and control based, applies roots.

Chaos - I'm biased because i like purple magic, and popping out clones, but its a bit inconsistent with the random chaos gimmick. no lag issues. decent, and good survival. damage / tanking, gives protection.

Pistol - It does a lot of damage but lag is going to kill the highest potential, plus it feels a bit broken? Its the only skills i find don't fire off smoothly; bad desyncing issues etc? i think less range than you'd expect too. pretty much pure damage, but capable of hots and snares.

Shotgun - its very satisfying, you are blasting a shotgun, after all. the shells gimmick hardly matters, its fine, none of them are bad. you should take better healing and not rely on reloading anima. i think you can handle all roles and use a shotgun somewhere in the build. exposes armor.

Rifle - Need to play with this more, only used it as a secondary healstick. Using a rifle should be pretty satisfying though, those ancient Anarchy Online sounds, ohh nostalgia.

Blood - its a disc priest / scholar. I think it'd work great as primary or secondary weapon. healing / damage, disease, stuns.

I'm not really a melee person so those i've not tried, but the claw animations look pretty rad. i have three characters but its still annoying as fuck to waste AP/SP. btw if you look at the skill lines, they are colored white for basic, red for power, blue for support, yellows are elite of course. i mention this because its helps when you are new and trying to understand where to spend points. if you want your second weapon to give support / healing, you probably want to look at the blue skill lines, etc.
>>
>>181101013
I'm just looking to dip into blade for the sweet healing. Trying to figure out how to get easy chi procs for immortal spirit and clairvoyance combos.
>>
>>181099742
It was written white on black that you receive rewards during waxing crescent. This phase isn't over yet, look it up on the moon calendar.
>>
>>181101901
You can't. Chi is a pain to get no matter what you do with Blade. It's really one of those weapons that you HAVE to use as a primary. It just doesn't work as a secondary.
>>
>Hell and Bach
>run my ass all the way back to New York and London
>slowly type in the answers to each of the three circles
>wonder around London until I find the final piece of the quest in the trash
>rewards is 2500 EXP and a youtube channel
>go do one sidequest in less than 3 minutes
>2050EXP
I am so close to ignoring these fucking investigation quests.
>>
>>181101341
does the doppleganger gimmick ever get good? it seemed awesome in the video, but for me they just pop up for like 2 seconds and stand still, then just disappear.

I'm low level obviously, but I don't want to invest in it if it's shit, I got baited by clones too.
>>
>>181105524
Ignore them (or cheat), they used to give triple the exp
I mean unless you're having fun with them, they only get worse and worse every zone.

I think they now give a bag with a random cosmetic or something. Only for the first completion.
>>
>>181105524
There are plenty of other games where you have to bring 5 deer pelts to some elven chick in a lovely village for 69k xp.
>>
>>181105524
Doing Hell and Bach without cheating is pure torture
>>
Read someone on /v/ claiming you stop getting AP/SP at level 50 and you only get enough points to max two and half weapon pages. Does anyone have any ACTUAL evidence of this or is this another "Lol, I want this gayme to fail because fuk u"?
>>
I don't know if it's "good" but chaos with a shotgun backup is fun. I'm still pretty low, but I just put double barrel on for when I run out of AoE energy and don't feel like roundhouse kicking.
>>
>>181105875
I was thinking of leaving them for the end of the zone or when I feel like spending 3x the amount of time a combat mission would take for the same reward. I get the appeal of studying the quests, learning Latin to decipher hellspeak but when the reward is nothing why would you feel compelled to stay there for hours. The only argument for it is "it's fun!"

>>181105975
I like to be rewarded for solving a complex riddles and cryptography. You know, how TSW did it.

>>181105986
I feel bad for anyone that tried to input the translated phrases.
>>
>>181106536
Yea as I said, well they used to give way more exp, and some aren't that long, some are super long like the one you just did. They traded the exp for the cosmetic cache I think, didn't you get one out of it? I mean if you keep playing and max all your shit, evnetually the only thing you'll have to look up will be rerolling to do it all over again, or play the fashion game and collect stupid cosmetics.
>>
>>181105524

i wonder how that would go, if you just care about for progression for now and doing grind quests, you can come back and get new cloths / pets etc crap from puzzle quests any time. i know you can get through kingsmouth like this, because i just did that.

i was thinking it might be a good idea to save them for last, so after i'm tired of combat i can get a big burst of xp to finish the zone, but the comments here suggest they dont really give much XP now.

>>181105631

they don't do anything because you finish combat by the time they pop, and they don't persist. you need to fight a dungeon boss or something.

i dont know if they are good, the dream would be if you could keep proccing it quickly and stack like 20 of them. but that sounds like actual fun, so i bet you can't.
>>
>>181106879
any advice on which skills and pasives to get for Chaos?
>>
>>181107694
The one in the 4th tree, i think the first one, that stops your random effects from going on enemies too. Also every second in combat you got a chance of gaining a paradox.
>>
So I found out that Pistols and Hammers requires the least care for the gimmick, which one's better for solo?
>>
I'm running out of main quests for the daily. What do?
>>
>>181108029
solo dungeons
>>
>>181107973

if you want to ignore git'n gud, hammer. all the weapons do the same base dmg don't they? pistol is only good if you manage the gimmick.

but i don't know who they designed this slot gimmick for, maybe TSW is big with some Vegas pensioners.
>>
>>181028531
who dis bitch?
>>
is there a way to login to the old servers using the legends client?
>>
>>181011028
I'm actually going to try a combo shotty AR fir healing, I think I know what gear I need but its going to be dicey handling energy requirements.
>>
>>181090171
Chat channel is vidya
No cabal yet, want me to start one later today?
>>
>>181106017
From what I read elsewhere you just need a shitton of Exp for the AP/AP past 50.
>>
For fuck sake, I'm trying to get past the tutorial in the subway (I used to be able to skip this shit) and every time I play it, my internet shuts off for half a second and I have to repeat it. It doesn't happen if I don't play the game, and didn't happen until I hit that goddamn tutorial.
>>
>>181112506

yeah i couldn't just walk out anymore, even on a third character.
>>
>>181112506
Same thing happened to me during the Joe Slater quest.
>>
>>181100043
Blue Q7 might work for a dagger/machete.
>>
>>181035558
I chuckle every time I see that image. My home city.
>>
I don't know how I feel about the new skill tree, I'm level 22 and it feel like my build will never change anymore.
>>
>New donwtime June 29 10:00 UTC, 6:00AM 2hours
>>
File: 1473179222699.png (247KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1473179222699.png
247KB, 500x411px
>maint every day now
>they dont even change anything for the better

The cash shop gouging in this game makes Nexon look fair
>>
File: 1489139388879.jpg (33KB, 636x571px) Image search: [Google]
1489139388879.jpg
33KB, 636x571px
Someone explain to me. Why are the cache keys and dungeon loot such a big fucking deal to people? Who gives a shit about cosmetic items from the bags?

And the dungeon loot? People bitch about not getting weapon drops but only distillates. Is it that great to run dungeons with no loot at all? Shit, in SWL you are always guaranteed to benefit from running a dungeon by getting at least the distillate.
>>
>>181123068
Because distillate doesn't give you the same feeling of progress that getting a new weapon/talisman would.
>>
File: 14882979864750.jpg (211KB, 864x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14882979864750.jpg
211KB, 864x1152px
>>181123183
True that.
>>
>>181123068
>Why are the cache keys and dungeon loot such a big fucking deal to people? Who gives a shit about cosmetic items from the bags?
I actually don't understand this post. Are you complaining about people who want the stuff in the bags or are you complaining about people who don't like the concept of bags?
>>
>>181123183
Explain how
>A. 10% chance of weapon and 90% of jack shit
is better than
>B. 10 chance of weapon and 90% of distillate
>>
>>181123068

funny enough i was just checking reddit to see about this downtime, and i saw all the complaints about dungeon keys and... marks of honor?

gonna be honest i don't even know what the various currencies and everything are that people are obsessed with. i complete dailies without checking the window, not really needed anything like sprint, maps are small. its been pretty irrelevant. however, i already owned the game so i haven't needed to unlock shit. that might be a big factor idk. i think marks are like black bullion?

i've been maintaining different sets of attk/heal/hp gear and keeping everything pretty up to date. not like combat is hard, you always feel quite powerful now. anything more than distillate is just a bonus from dungeons really, and you still get enough keys for multiple runs. most MMOs i can think of, lock dungeon loot after a single run.

do people just wanna complete every skill tree and ride a flying sparkle pony after a single day in Kingsmouth?
>>
>>181123520
Pulling number from your ass isn't going to help
The chance to get a weapon were higher in TSW.

Also if you don't see why people would feel better rewarded by getting a new weapon, with a new passive and new skin in comparaison to getting a distillate for their plain looking starter weapon I can't help you.
>>
>>181123946
Probably, gotta collect em all and all that
>>
I noticed that some lore drops from monsters. Was it the same back then?
>>
>>181124479
yes
>>
>>181124637
How does it work? Kill X amount and it drops? Or is it all random? Wiki's dry
>>
>>181124698
I don't know but I would say random with a high probability if you don't have it.
>>
is it back now-ish, or in an hour-ish?
>>
>the amount of exp to get 1 sp/ap at 50 is so bad.. like doing 2 full quests for 1 point bad.

>>181123423
He's saying he wants to eat Funcoms shit off the floor while thanking them like a good goy.

>>181123946
Takes 20k marks to unlock one weapon from what i've seen.
>>
>>181124698
Got one when i did the illuminaty wards quest where it kills everything in the graveyard. Also probably got someone else's because i got a specter one in the kindergarden while i haven't encountered any (beside the one from that shitty tutorial).
>>
>>181125371
20k marks is about two days worth of dailies, would easily grind them on solomon island.
Yes, I'm aware that the prices get higher as you unlock more weaponry.
>>
>>181125371
>>the amount of exp to get 1 sp/ap at 50 is so bad.. like doing 2 full quests for 1 point bad.
Wasn't the amount of XP/point fixed in TSW?
>>
>>181125417
Strangely I got two from the graveyard. I'll have to check if it's both zombies or something else. Unquiet Dead are specters right? Maybe that's why I got two
>>
>>181125883
Then again, I'll check. It's probably not from Unquiet Dead.
>>
>>181124698
>>181125417
>>181125883
I got one on Priest Island while doing the Orochi and side quests there.
It dropped from a hulk.
>>
>>181125883
There are probably more than one by species. You probably got lucky. I think i've got more at the Fire Department and maybe on one of the mobs pack in the streets.
>>
>>181123520
I remember running Polaris for Orochi weapon skins and getting everything I wanted in a few runs. The loot system in TSW was fine.
>>
Is it down? It keeps telling me that I have incorrect account information.
>>
>>181129057
same
>>
File: takeaguess.png (168KB, 675x163px) Image search: [Google]
takeaguess.png
168KB, 675x163px
>>181129057
I don't know, what do you think ?
>>
>>181129208
I think it's up.
>>
File: takeaguess2.png (162KB, 677x156px) Image search: [Google]
takeaguess2.png
162KB, 677x156px
>>181129228
it is supposed to be now
>>
>>181123946
>do people just wanna complete every skill tree
I know I do and I'm pissed if getting AP and SP is slower than in original.

Full wheel in TSW was a significant achievement and benefit.
You were no longer a random player who had to manage with what they had, you could adapt to anything, because builds were no longer a concern beyond gear and it wasn't even that hard to get several all-purple sets by doing NMs in addition to your custom gear.
>>
>>181129208
twitter said it's online now
>>
At wich level do you unlock item fusion?
>>
>>181108029
You can redo main quests that you did at least three days ago.
>>
>>181125848
Yeah, later zones just gave more xp per quest. You got AP at cap way faster.
>>
Why do I keep people seeing people saying that this weapon goes well with that one?
Does any secondary weapon even matter anymore? Does anyone even use their secondary at all except when they run out of energy on the primary?!
There's nothing left like "this chaos skill AoE stuns around you, and this AoE blade skill does 50% more damage to stunned target, and shotgun has a passive that makes you do more damage to stun targets", right?
>>
>>181134686
Yeah synergies have pretty much gone, even with passives since they're now tied to the weapon's active abilities and weapon mechanic.
I'm not far in the game, but seems that it's probably pretty much most efficient to just use 5 abilities from primary weapon, since abilities from single weapon synergise only with itself, and have a power ability, possibly one passive, for the secondary so you can spam both energy bars to depletion.
>>
I have been crashing seemingly randomly during gameplay since yesterday's patch. Anyone else?
>>
>>181135434
Same here, mid cutscene too.
Last it did that, I got zero energy and ammo, and wasn't getting it back.
>>
Wait, is this video true?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEKJ0_K9nY
Is this what the game became? Jesus why
>>
Spookie
>>
File: secretworldchar.jpg (122KB, 452x986px) Image search: [Google]
secretworldchar.jpg
122KB, 452x986px
>>181137198
Besides him being banned for apparently no reason, it's not as bad as it seems.

Yes you get cucked out of inventory, you get cucked out of sprint, and you get cucked out of dungeon keys. But it takes, like fucking 10 days to get all your sprint and inventory, and they keys are an issue for everyone not just you, personally I don't even run dungeons I don't care, I know they'll be a concern later but if it's such a big deal they might change it.

The whole game is free, all the fucking DLC that costed 15 euros each is now accessible to everyone. And that's probably the only shit worth playing anyways. If you feel abused so much you can still play the market and get everything without paying aything. Now I can get premium cosmetics by trading currency, before I had to drop the fucking $20 euros for them.

Is it optimal? no? is it annoying? yes? is it playable? yes? does it work? barely but the game was dying anyways, this gives a chance to some people to come back and experience the full content and maybe invite some friends to hop along who always wanted to try tsw but were too cheap to drop 10 fucking bucks on it during a sale, and now complain about microtransactions in a free game.
>>
Downtime in 15 minutes. Will be up in 2 hours.
Game kept crashing.
>>
>>181141047
Frank Zappa?
>>
>>181137198
Pretty much but the stories and atmosphere are great and worth playing at least once.

Funnily enough that video was on the Offical Sub-Reddit for the game and it was taken down earlier today along with a perma-banned to the guy who posted it, which later, after people started bitching was brought back along with the unbanning of the poster.

Funcom is in full damage control and they can't seem to stop the flood of complaints on their Reddit page.
>>
>>181142561
fucking hell what the fuck they've been doing for three days
>>
File: Hedraios-2017-06-29-17-25-48.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hedraios-2017-06-29-17-25-48.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>181142561
Some guy posted how the start ran smoothly, except for the occasional downtime to fix some bugs, a second later the downtime announcement came in.
Ofc the first MkIII weapon I find is a hammer which I am not interested in at all.
What are your bets the Revenant weapons will be MkI so we spend dosh on upgrading them to better Mk levels?
>>
>>181143186
Fix something small, break something big, I assume.
That, or, they're cleaning house and unintentionally breaking every object along the way.
>>
Downtime, time to post shit on 4chan.

Is the daily bonus missions reward worth it? One main mission left, but not a whole lot of game time until the reset, specially now with the downtime.
>>
File: DQyMAbS.jpg (78KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DQyMAbS.jpg
78KB, 1024x768px
>>181143323
Different Anon here but a few days ago a few Reddit-posters datamined one of their fixes and some of the files slipped through. They were a few of the ARG Weapons and going by what they found you can't level them and will last you till around Lv 45 someone theorized.
The Post and Comments were shortly removed from the Official Sub-Reddit

Someone on /v/ was spamming it in the Secret World Legend threads maybe yesterday or the day prior.
>>
>>181143806
Think I remember that thread. That the one asking about multiple rewards from the ARG? Is it even possible to have multiple rewards? Cause if so, and that they do last until 45, I'm getting them all.
All I remember from the /v/ thread was blowjobs.
>>
File: Hedraios-2017-06-29-16-36-04.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hedraios-2017-06-29-16-36-04.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>181143691
More marks is always worth it.

>>181143806
Hmm that sucks, but if they really last until 45 I guess it's bearable.

Anybody wanna trade an MkIII shotgun or assault rifle for an MKIII hammer of destruction later?
>>
>>181124698

As long as they haven't changed it since TSW, certain enemies drop specific lore.

There's monster lore, like "Zombies" which can be dropped by any zombies, but one or two pieces of monster lore will only drop from certain encounters. I forget them all unfortunately, so can't help you with finding those encounters. Droprate was rough if I remember though.
>>
>>181143997
From my understanding its per-account, however, another person, on the forums for the ARG said, is all you need to do is reset your IP, clear your cache's, ect and then do it again until you get all of them. Then only use one weapon per-character
>>
File: 1470325773059.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1470325773059.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
>Even more downtime
>>
How many marks does a mkIII weapon go for?
>>
>>181141047
Im glad my mankini is back
>>
>>181145276
Check the auction house and gauge from there
>>
>>181144206
>Then only use one weapon per-character
What the hell, man
>>
>>181145436
That's the problem, I've never seen one on there, I'm guessing they sell out right away
>>
File: 1424242152033.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1424242152033.gif
999KB, 250x251px
How do I upgrade a talisman to blue?
I received a well-worn item when I upgraded my first talisman and weapon, but on second talisman I didn't get one.
Reasonable, I figured, you get a freebie on first one, but auction house didn't have them so where do I get one?
>>
File: Villainous2.webm (651KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Villainous2.webm
651KB, 1280x720px
>>181010837

This game's going to get absolutely savaged in the Steam reviews once it finally launches. Anyone else worried that's going to happen?

Kind of defeats the purpose of this entire relaunch. The only people happy with the game so far are the ones who have already been playing for quite some time, so any attempts to nickel-and-dime new customers is pretty much a lost cause.
>>
>>181145918
upgrade a second identical talisman to 20.
>>
>>181145995
>This game's going to get absolutely savaged in the Steam reviews once it finally launches. Anyone else worried that's going to happen?

Funcom deserve it for teasing a 2nd season that never came and making the most bullshit grind know to mankind when everybody was telling them that it sucks.
>>
>>181145918
you need to upgrade another talisman of the same type (neck, head, etc) to level 20 and then fuse them together, it doesn't have to be well-worn. When you go to do this with your weapon, save it for one with three pips and an attached special that you want, saves you some effort.

>>181145995
Unfortunately, much as I love this game, its pretty fucked, which probably means no post tokyo content and we're left out to dry on where exactly the fucking plot was going.
>>
>>181145608
I want to say 40K marks but i dont really know
>>
>>181145995
Veterans don't really offer much at the moment. Some game masters have patron and tsw players have weapon pages unlocked, plus cosmetics.

They need new blood to keep afloat, but I doubt the player retention will be there.
>>
File: 1476635713935.jpg (15KB, 217x277px) Image search: [Google]
1476635713935.jpg
15KB, 217x277px
>>181146359
I assume the three pips work for talismans as well?
My weapons are merely 1, but Head talisman, which I want to get to blue, is 2. So I can just upgrade a 1-pip head talisman, fuse it to the 2-pip one and it stays 2?
Once I finally get a 3-pip talisman I can just upgrade that to blue, since I have to do that anyway, and then fuse the old 2-pip one to the 3-pip blue to get a 3-pip purple?
This is a weird system.
>>
>>181145995
The strange part is Funcom tries to nickel and dime new customers even harder. Want to switch to a new weapon but didn't play TSW? That'll be 40K MoFs minimum, I hear it gets even more expensive with further unlocks. Literally months of grinding dailies.
>>
>>181010837
So did they do any changes to the story or was it all system changes?
>>
>>181147063
System. Play the story and then...do 1 pvp map?
>>
>>181146795
Yep, that's the system, I like it, though the exp and anima shard costs are starting to get a little annoying and I'm only half done Savage Coast, which means its only going to get worse at higher levels
>>
>>181147123
So there still ain't shit to do huh. I wonder if they'll be releasing content at a decent pace this time. Although I'm p wary considering it's probably not the original writers anymore.
>>
>>181147326
Tokyo is coming out later this year. Season 2 has been teased but only if you play and pay like a good goy.
>>
>>181147127
Where the fuck do you even use anima shards beyond teleporting?
Everything worthwile seemingly operates on MoFs
Only place I've seen eat up shards is anima warping and teleporting. What the hell do you do with them since they seem to be a reward from doing missions and shit.
>>
File: 1456497549169.jpg (166KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1456497549169.jpg
166KB, 1024x682px
>>181147487
Weapon upgrading, which gets more and more expensive as you upgrade. Fucking grind tastic.
>>
okay but WHY do you have to unlock different weapons instead of just spending ap/sp on them
also why is there still an ap/sp distinction, given that the old system that used sp is now entirely passive
>>
>>181147487
You spend shards when you upgrade or fuse items.
>>
File: redirect.viglink.com.jpg (356KB, 600x2912px) Image search: [Google]
redirect.viglink.com.jpg
356KB, 600x2912px
>>181147908
>okay but WHY do you have to unlock different weapons instead of just spending ap/sp on them
>>
>>181147626
>>181147935
Oh right I totally forgot that.
Fuck I'd like to get good at this game like I did in the original, but because of the grind I probably won't be playing further than replaying the story and every mission once.
>>
>>181147908

Nearly every change for the worse has been exclusively to nickel-and-dime us even more. I didn't even realise how bad it was until I saw how much time or money it takes to level up new weapon types and skills (you have to pay separately to unlock the weapon, and then to unlock further skills for it).

Not even sure if I'm going to keep playing on Legends since this is getting kind of ridiculous. I never finished the storyline in the original and I might as well go back and finish that instead on the old servers. Feeling this weird mixture of disappointment and sheer annoyance.
>>
>>181147487
Why let players have them for free when we can lock it behind payment/time that might force the weak-willed, instant-gratification crowd to pay for it?
>>
>>181148234

> Literally just a pile of garbage! Maybe there'll be a game in the pile!

I understand that a lot of scummy shit happened back in the 90s too, but at least randomised loot boxes weren't a standard monetisation model back then.
>>
File: Gay Be Gone.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Gay Be Gone.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
>>181148756
Damn you Funcom. Damn you to hell.
>>
>>181147935
Fusion requires mof which you grind for.
>>
More hotfixes and downtime during a steam sale? Do they want people to just give up and go play something else? I was always under the impression the only real point to these early starts was to get people playing and start the hype machine, but this is just such a fucking mess right when people are going to have much of their focus on picking up games on the cheap.
>>
Hmm. That priest's mission crashes my shit. Always at the same loading screen. Always at that point in the progress bar. What a shame.
>>
File: This is a jojo reference!.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
This is a jojo reference!.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Saw some people complaining about level reqs for story. LOL just got one to reach level 38 when im 46.
>>
>>181150856

There's a certain point where the excuse of "it's an MMO launch, of course it's going to be messy" just doesn't cut it. All of this has been really testing my patience.

It feels like MMO launches are just as messy as they ever were, except today we have literally hundreds of alternatives to choose from instead of the dozens from two decades ago. It's hard not to feel a little insulted by Funcom.
>>
>>181155262
Then again Funcom's pretty much broke
I'm not an apologist because this annoys me too, the downtimes and Legends in general, but they're literally on the verge of bankruptcy.
Healthy studios have no excuse, however, and still it happens.
>>
>>181155035

how is the healer basic working out there? i suppose it makes sense, don't need energy to heal and keeps you topped up when using basic attacks as a filler. mostly i've been thinking about it as my heal being on the secondary weapon, since it has its own energy pool. also does rifle feel more like a healing weapon in general? the damage seems crap.
>>
>>181146854
>4 days of dailies
>literal months
do you even math?

by the time you max your two starting weapons you'll have enough to start with whatever weapon you want. Plus people are min/maxing without even considering this upgrades are permanent, and that you get mof from the AH.... I mean if you want to complain you can complain all you want, but at least play the game before making assumptions.
>>
>>181156274
check your reading
he said it gets worse with later unlocks to the point of taking literal months
>>
Does anybody know for how much to sell an MkIII weapon? There don't seem to be ANY up on the AH and I don't wanna sell my hammer too much under value.
>>
Extremely nice so far. Plus after using it my attacks heal for 10% of the damage dealt thanks to the added passive. It heals from 250-500 a shot and its decently fast.
>>
I heard this has an interesting story, but if I have to pay to enjoy the gameplay, how much is it going to be?
>>
>>181157036
>he needs all weapons after a week
>he is too stupid to sell shit on the AH
yeah you people just don't even play the game at all and just want to complain, I made enough MoF yesterday to max sprint in a day, it's sad that the game will die because most people are too stupid to realize there's ways to make money besides fucking dailies.
>>
>>181157312

So this is what Stockholm Syndrome looks like.

Why don't you break down the math in terms of MoF per hour on a daily basis if you seriously don't feel like there's a problem here? You're the type of person who assumes that everyone else is a fucking moron except yourself.
>>
>>181155836
>>181157082
Sorry meant to reply to u with that post.

Also does any know where these three champions are: Deathstalker, Gronarch the exiled, and Plagued nester.
>>
>>181157410
>do your dailies for a month
>300k MoF
tell me exactly what it is that you can't afford and butt blasts your ass so hard instead of

>GREEDY FUCKING JEWS, THEY WANT ALL MY SHEKELS AND THEY'RE GETTING AWAY WITH IT!
>>
>>181157219
You can most likely play the story without dropping any money in without problems.
You might not git gud but if you only come for the story and not an MMORPG experience this shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>181157570

How many hours of playtime does that add up to per month, then? You didn't answer that question and you're instead accusing everyone else of being a moron except for you.

That's some high-tier narcissism.
>>
>>181157963
then why don't you break it down for me and then complain about how low it is then? why do I have to do the work for you? you're too lazy to do simple math yourself, just as you're too lazy to figure out how to progress in the game without spending money, which is NOT HARD AT ALL, there's even a post in a previous thread saying how much the items are going for, I'm not going to spoonfeed you because thanks to morons like you I can keep making mad shekels for shit that takes very little effort.
>>
>>181156274
>>181157312
>>181157570
>>181158256
Shit dude, I hope they're paying you with real money and not just in-game bonuses.
>>
>>181158256

If you're not going to give proper numbers, don't accuse us of being lazy about our math. We don't have to offer any. The burden of proof is on you since we can just bitch and moan all we want out of "ignorance" while you shit your pants over it.

If you're worried about the game dying because of how "ignorant" the rest of us are, looks like you're the only person at a real disadvantage then.
>>
>>181158498
>get 3 pip weapon
>sell for 40k
OH THE FUCKING MATH; OMG SO HARD GAME IS JEW AS FUCK, LITERAL MONTHS OF GRINDING

>>181158483
It's like this si your first free game, you have no idea how to deal with the system, is not even half bad, but most people will dump the game anyways because they just give up before even trying.
>>
>>181158738

Asking for the number of hours feels like an extremely straightforward question, unless you're worried that the number of hours required is going to invalidate your argument.

I think you're just deflecting. Until you give a range of numbers, it's pretty clear that you're an ass-blasted fanboy who's full of shit.
>>
Oh what the fuck? I have to download 373mb?
I guess clicking on "Repair Broken Data" was/n't such a good idea.
>>
>>181158942
what kind of fucking number do you want? how long does it take you to clear 8 main missions and 8 side missions? that's not my problem, obviously the stronger you are you can backtrack to do them pretty fast, specially if you upgraded sprint etc. At first is taking me like 90 minutes on average to clear my dailies, but it will get faster, and it's not an issue as I'm not playing for MoF I'm playing the game normally to progress through the story and get AP/SP anyways, on top of that I get FUCKTON of weapon/item/talisman caches, I can't fucking make a linear drop distribution of income as they're random, and it's not like I have an excel graphic and record of how many of X weapon I'm getting and shit, but it's easy as fuck to go to the AH and sell most of your shit for a decent profit, if you're too stupid to do that I wonder how you deal with real problems in real life, and if all you do is sit on your ass, go on your phone and complain about how horrible and hard everything in life is for you to your lazy ass FB friends.

Once you max sprint, and inventory, MoF piles up fast, if you just play enough everyday you'll get anything you need, if you want new weapons everyday and having max sprint and inventory day 1 I'm sorry, it didn't even work that way in the original, what the fuck do you want? shit costs money, you work for it, it's not THAT HARD.
>>
>>181159381

That's 30-45 hours minimum if you're just doing dailies to grind, assuming that you play every single day.

It's funny how you're accusing me of having no life but you're defending a pretty annoying time commitment when it comes to a newly relaunched MMO whose future is still uncertain.
>>
File: 1259978983099.jpg (145KB, 504x403px) Image search: [Google]
1259978983099.jpg
145KB, 504x403px
>tfw some people i know with thousands of aurum from the exploit didnt get banned
>i'm an envious as fuck
>>
Sweet last train to cairo part of mainstory now. Hyped as shit nipples.
>>
>>181159671
>30 hours a month in an mmo
>it's too much
anon I don't know what to tell you, I think you're playing the wrong genre altogether, the cash shop is the least of your concerns, and it's not even the cash shop, it's the meta currency that you use to trade with other players.

I hope you find a better game you enjoy then, I don't you'll get anywhere in any mmo playing that little in a month, unless it's crap like WoW or FFXIV.
>>
>>181161113

There's a meaningful difference between 40 hours of story missions and raiding and 40 hours of grinding for the sake of currency. I hope you can understand this.

That said, I'm willing to play an MMO while acknowledging its faults. It's funny how certain people in this thread assume that if I accuse the developers of insulting their playerbase with a bunch of shallow nickel-and-diming microtransactions that I hate the core game. Couldn't be further from the truth but that's the sheer black-and-white thinking that those kind of people seem to be obsessed with.

The game has problems. Learn to deal with that instead of trying to cover them up.
>>
I'm looking for a good stun ability. For the rest, I'll mostly use my shotgun. Anyone got an idea of what side weapon i should go for a stun?
>>
>>181157312
enlighten us then please
>>
>>181161417
TSW was super stingy with stuns. That said, I'm pretty sure all the old tank weapons(sword/hammer/chaos) had stuns, so check there?
Rip the ability search, I only now realized its absence.
>>
>>181161383
Why do you assume that I grinded anything? I fucking did my quests to progress, split for 3 fucking days, I'm in the early 20's in my main, I didn't go out of my way to make money, I received A TRUCKLOAD of caches, which you probably would have as well if you stepped out of the god damn tutorial for 30 minutes, sold that shit, and made enough money to buy all I wanted.

The game has inconveniences to make people spend money.... woa! they want to profit from the game? NO GOD DAMN WAY!!!! the inconveniences can be overcome with moderate effort, nothing incredibly stupid, it's as easy as clicking a god damn bag, going to AH, and selling the contents of said bag... and then you get 10k units of the meta currency simply for playing the game the same way you would if this system didn't exist....

I think there's no way a free system would make you happy, you just don't play free games at all and cannot comprehend they have to implement a solution to earn revenue. Yes they're cock blocks intended for you to drop the credit card, and either you learn to overcome the urge to pay or you quit, the rest learns to deal with issues keeps playing at their own pace with whatever they can accomplish without paying. I'm not cucked out of anything I wanted, heck I'm saving currency to buy cosmetics now THAT I DON'T EVEN NEED! I don't know how else to put it, you need a fucking stream of me playing and recording and showing you my earnings to convince you that it's pretty fucking easy to get MoF, but instead you're just going to baww about it and make me waste time writing.

This is a niche game, it has a lot of
issues, but it's so unique in the setting, theme and plot that's it's worth to endure them just because of that, the layer of microtransactions added up only bother you if you want everything instantly, but I guess this society is unable to process that simple thought, and the game is deemed to fail because the average user demands instant satisfaction at no cost
>>
>>181161908
>Do 50 quests
>get a stupid amount of caches
>sell contents
>????
>profit

+your daily shit amount of plebeian currency
>>
>>181162201

The only real issue here is if the relaunch is better than the original. Based on everything I've read so far in this thread and you're own petty back-tracking, it's clearly not.

Funcom isn't a church or charity. They're a business. If they do asinine things to make money from an MMO that wasn't even F2P to begin with, then don't get this upset when people complain about it.

If it dies, it's because of Funcom. Don't blame "society" for their fuck-ups.
>>
File: you.jpg (15KB, 203x249px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
15KB, 203x249px
>>181162201
>>
seems like map markers persist across characters, so pin your map with useful shit like quest passwords if you plan to re-grind zones a lot, which you probably are!
>>
>>181137198
That video could've been way shorter, but gotta sound as salty as possible, I get his anger, but he lumps things that were paid in OG TSW to begin with to pad out video length and make the game seem worse.
>>
File: Hurr.jpg (55KB, 708x708px) Image search: [Google]
Hurr.jpg
55KB, 708x708px
But some of those paid things were bad in TSW. Buying skill points and sp has carried over into TSWL and it's still awful. Worse now because of the level 50 exp wall, which forces you to pay up if you want meaningful gains.

Funcom don't learn and don't care.
>>
File: 1497911285066.png (358KB, 492x482px) Image search: [Google]
1497911285066.png
358KB, 492x482px
I did the whole legacy transfer and none of my shit carried over.
>>
>redo my Illuminati character
>reach the laundromat at the start
>it still has that fucking clothing promo magazine from 2013
>>
>>181168510
Yes and you'll notice Carter is still an early teen.
It's like the game's frozen in 2012/13!
>>
>>181168290
Once your swl character has made it to agartha, go to the delivered items screen and click the button to claim your tsw cosmetics.

Read the instructions next time.
>>
>>181168768
Don't be a dick dude.
>>
>>181169732
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>181170486
What is your problem?
>>
File: wdytya.jpg (23KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
wdytya.jpg
23KB, 400x302px
>>181172109
>>
I can't find the option to link my old account. I did what it says in the faq, am I just blind or something?
>>
Is there any word on whether they want to put in aux weapons later on? I'm really feeling down about the reduction in skills/general options for my builds. Also really unsure how I feel about being required to have a basic ability on the hotbar; it's very reminiscent of D3 when that first came out and required you to have a basic ability slotted.
>>
>>181173658
>https://account.secretworldlegends.com/account/
login. right hand side should have a "transfer" button, and if it doesn't that's probably because you've already done it. Remember that you can't pick up your stuff until you get to Agartha.
>>
>>181173658
As long as you have three character slots that basically means that the transfer worked.
>>
>>181173947
That button does not appear for me and I have not done the transfer yet
>>
Man, this game is the best, I can't even believe it's free. I almost feel guilty for getting such awesome quests and environments without giving the devs anything.

I just wish it had something like player vehicles like in Defiance, so you could hop on with your buds and drive to different locations with them, but I guess the maps are too small and not designed for that, just would be nice.
>>
File: 1472848184504.gif (948KB, 155x173px) Image search: [Google]
1472848184504.gif
948KB, 155x173px
>>181177937

> Man, this game is the best, I can't even believe it's free. I almost feel guilty for getting such awesome quests and environments without giving the devs anything.
>>
What would a good shotgun/hammer suffix combo be for a shotgun pure build that is focusing on solo play (obviously.) I'm building up attack rating equipment since the game is so easy I feel like defense boosts are a waste.
>>
>>181028531
Is there anything to do in this game outside fighting?
>>
>>181182397
Grind mobs for your museum?
>>
Solomon Island is now behind me, then to the Egypt, oh boy.
>>
Ever since yesterday's patch game's been randomly crashing. Can't even get to Savage Coast without crashing.
>>
>>181191160
Alright, seems that getting near the radio is what's causing the crash.
Problem is, now that I log into the game, I spawn right next to the radio, and 3 seconds later the game crashes and burns.
Fucking hell, time to make a new character.
>>
>>181145995

>The only people happy with the game so far are the ones who have already been playing for quite some time

No, the old players are the angriest of them all about this relaunch. Same game they already paid for and grinded for, relaunched with nothing carrying over and 300 paywalls in the way of the game they already own. I don't know a single veteran player that isn't furious and completely unsurprised by this cockup.
>>
ded
>>
>>181158738
>get 3 pip weapon
>sell for 40k
that depends on someone actually buying that shit, which won't be the case soon enough
>>
>>181194963
Yeah I was still having fun, but I don't know what happened, the negativity on this thread me stop playing altogether.

I can ignore the problems, but I see myself fastforwarding in 30-60 days and just being bored out of it anyways, so might as well, just not spend that time and do something else? fuck, I guess I'm just clinically depressed and nothing seems worthwhile anymore.
>>
>>181196963

I know that feeling
>>
Does anyone else lag a metric shit ton but only in the evening and only on SWL?
>>
>>181196963
Yeah, I'm probably gonna take a break but that'll be after I've gone over through all the story. I havent played through the main story in so long and I want to go through it for old time's sake, there isnt such a setting and atmosphere like TSW. It's a damn shame since all the MMO F2P shit is gonna snuff it out of existence even if it's well deserved for the company that runs it. In that case, I'd rather experience it one more time before it goes under.
>>
>>181197604
same here
maybe the patch broke something
I've also been getting this more recently >>181038619
>>
>>181198019
Havent had that problem yet but this lag is killing me, may try on my laptop see if that fixes
>>
>>181196963
I'm half the negative replies in this thread and I'm still playing it.
>>
File: 1486941601211.jpg (35KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1486941601211.jpg
35KB, 401x367px
Any recommendations as to what Passives I should be using on my Pistol?
Right now I'm using High Roller, Win Streak, Fixed Game, and Royal Flush. I'm on Blue Mountain and almost done everything but enemies are starting kick my ass
>>
Are there any good pairings for shotgun tanking other than hammer?
>>
how can we change hairstyle?
seeing too many with the same now
>>
>>181205361
Sword has a few bubbles and such things, Blood could help you keep your health up I guess?
>>
Tell me about the ARG weapon.
Why does he wear the revenant?
Should I be collecting multiple codes or does it only let you get one?
>>
>>181205997
Put on your skinny jeans and head on down to the vape/fedora shop, hipster.
>>
>>181205997
Ockham's Razor is not open, so I don't think so.
>>
>>181205997
did you pick the chad haircut? it was hilarious going to the AH and seeing everyone with the same haircut and just different color variations.
>>
File: 89810.gif (2MB, 504x310px) Image search: [Google]
89810.gif
2MB, 504x310px
>>181206293
>>181206332
>>181206425
well fug
>>
>>181206235
Apparently you can only use it up to level 45 anyways. Best bet is just to stick with what you have, if you have a primary with unique properties like the AK with instantly cooked nades.
>>
>>181107843
I use that plus the passive that heals from paradoxes. That plus the 4 hit attack in the top row (4 chances to get a paradox) is pretty fucking op one on one.

I solo'd about a fourth of the bosses health in the first hell dungeon (the guy in the fire pit where you walk around on the platforms) after everyone else died. Just used chaos melee and my 3 second health recovery to keep me from dying and blew the fuck out of him with my elementalist ult and fireball.
>>
so just opened a agartha cache and got a anthology of hemerage and warding, i have all my other weapon slots unlocked, i'm a ar and fist right now, should i switch over to AR and blood?
>>
File: 1437608342423.jpg (98KB, 680x718px) Image search: [Google]
1437608342423.jpg
98KB, 680x718px
>>181010837
oh, wow, we've got a general? We're popular enough for that?

>>181011519
Templars start out pretencious douches who sneer at your for running side quests because "it wastes time you could be using to save the world"

But they mellow out as they see you can save the world and the little guy.

>>181012237
Personally, I always liked Dicky Sonnac. He's a bit more polite than the other two.

>>181012569
I don't think ancient gods were bee people like the players. Probably something higher and stronger. But we don't know the true limits of a powerful bee-stung, do we? Maybe he was?
>>
File: 1497316400322.png (125KB, 354x423px) Image search: [Google]
1497316400322.png
125KB, 354x423px
so i was doing the main quest, Dawning of an Endless Night, at the part where you go into the sewers and go find some dude named Joe

stupid game crashed, logged in again, i died, spawned back in town and i can't seem to get back in the sewers again, quest marker is still stuck on "Find Joe" and i can't do shit

pls help
>>
>>181212168
I've seen other people complaint that that part is crashing the game. I have no idea what's causing it.
>>
>>181212168
You might have to use a different manhole to enter the sewer than you originally did, I think I saw somebody with your problem mentioning it on the redeyed antenna ayyyylmao site for SWL.
>>
>>181212293
>>181212970
yep, found it somehow

sewer entrance is near the church, just before entering Angell Street
>>
File: tsw cleanup crew.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tsw cleanup crew.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>181211780
For now
TSW used to have generals when that first launched as well
The problem is 'how long will these generals last?'
>>
>>181212168
I'm >>181039435
glad you could fix it, I fixed it too but god damn it was frustrating having to crash and crash over again, then lose the sewers, then log in dead, then have no energy and ammo at all.
Now the Digging Deeper quest is doing the same thing whenever I enter the tunnels.
>>
anyone on swittching from fists to blood magic worth it?
>>
>>181215559
I started with both (ravager) and they were both fun while I used them. I don't think either is bad, so just go with your preferred aesthetic. If you're willing to put in a large passives investment I think fist might be better for healing.
>>
Upgrading blue I can see me running out of anima shard.
>>
>>181205361
Fist, perhaps?
The self healing seems really useful for tanking.
>>
>>181173762
The function of a basic ability isn't much different from a builder, really, only now it's just filler while you wait for energy.
You couldn't run consumer-only builds in TSW either.
>>
>figure potions just refill as you kill mobs because its just a standardized part of the UI now
>which would make the most sense and be a welcome design
>they dont
>you can actually run out
>try to buy some more
>apothecary doesn't sell them
>not sure they even exist to buy in game at all
>but patreon subs get them cheaper! sign up now!

???
>>
>>181223918
They do get free refills, but I have no clue if it's daily or how it works.
>>
I miss the pots +X% xp and the pot +Buff that weren't consummed after use i had in the original game.
>>
>>181223918
>>181224029
It looks like you get daily refills if you used them all.
Like two days ago I had only one left, and it stayed like that. But when I used the last, three came back later.
>>
>>181225015
Funny, I used one-two one day and I got full refill. Or then I used all but didn't really notice it because accidentally pressing that button.
>>
>>181225095
I've already wasted them a bunch of times by pressing tab out of muscle memory.
>>
>>181225015

this shit is cucking my build. between a healing gadget and a reliable potion it wouldn't be a problem. i only have like 5 skills to play with and one almost inevitably has to be a heal.

also does anyone know about setting elites, only allowed one from primary, one per weapon, or no limits?
>>
Important question; is Madame Roget the doctor or the patient in her kinky fantasies?
>>
>>181226179
I'd assume the patient but it might as well be both.
>>
>>181029227
How is wildstar doing? Any people playing it? I've seen some news about an update with new post max lvl skills or something. It's a fun game but low population made me stop playing. And the f2p model was really fine.
>>
>>181231801

It's dead, sam.

Shame because it was fun. Most fun I ever had in an MMO.
>>
File: 1.jpg (198KB, 1234x609px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
198KB, 1234x609px
>ayyylmao site looks suspicious
>think there must be something fishy going on
>infiltrate to investigate
> **IT'S A FUCKING RYAN ANGULO AND HIS DELICIOUS FISH PIES**
>>
File: 1445040912930.png (14KB, 333x293px) Image search: [Google]
1445040912930.png
14KB, 333x293px
>>181223918
You press the tiny green + sign over the potions to refill them for 1500 mof
>>
>>181234134

goddamn it Avi.
change that shit to anima shards you crazy norwegian jews.
>>
So what's the major differences between TSW and legends? I enjoyed TSW a lot but it did feel clunky and had boring combat imo. Have they changed any fundamentals or is it still the same at the core?
>>
>>181234134

Did they seriously go out of their way to squeeze every last shekel they could out of inconveniencing people as much as possible?

I understand that they need the money but sucking a bunch of dicks seems more dignified than this.
>>
>>181234598
read the thread
>>
File: 1495647582150.png (945KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495647582150.png
945KB, 1080x720px
>>181234598

Almost everything about Legends is worse than TSW. The only positive is that Legends is currently going through a population spike because of how well the relaunch is being marketed.

Expect that shit to start climbing back down once it releases on Steam. A bunch of angry neckbeards aren't going to be so kind in their reviews, and I don't blame them.
>>
>>181234598

removed all the mechanics for a placeholder "action combat" system which is the final product they are launching with and not a placeholder at all.

removed crafting for asianshit style "enhancing" (thankfully i dont think there is random chance to fail and break shit like true asianshit)

more timegates / paywalls to suit the F2P model

thats it, its still just TSW in the end. playing through the zones and thinking about how stupid they were to make this game is still really fun.
>>
So it seems you can't even sell/buy green Mk III weapons on the AH since you can't search for "Mk III", and the AH only shows so many results for items which means all the cheap Mk I / Mk II weapons get listed before any Mk III
>>
Got a blue MK2 Blade in a bag. How much do you think I can sell it for? I won't go to London yet, i want to finish Kingsmouth before.
>>
File: 1427040289807.jpg (83KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1427040289807.jpg
83KB, 550x512px
> Heck people are buying Patron right now not because of benefits, but as charity. Go figure.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6k75q3/funcom_you_have_1_month_left_till_steam_launch/
>>
Well, this is something new. Game crashed cause of memory problem. Definitely never had that before.
>>
>>181235586
Well he isn't wrong.
Steam reviews are ridiculously visible. People don't go out of their way to search game's review scores from multiple places, but in Steam, when they consider whether to play/buy or not, it's right there in the page, the collective thumbs up or down.
A new f2p launch on Steam is visible and will gather interested people, but if the reviews show mixed or negative there's no hoping for a resurgence even if they fix their shit.

>This F2P system is completely backwards. A good F2P system makes it easy and cushy for newbies, and slowly ramps up.
>You only get a slightly more forgiving system [as a patron], that's still frustrating. You are still capped on keys, you are still capped on Marks, you don't get Aurum with it.
This is the crux of the problem. The f2p nickle-and-diming is annoying but there also isn't enough incentive to spend money either.
>>
>>181231801
There's still people playing it but not very many. The post-max skills thing is a pain in the ass grind that people didn't really like.
Thread posts: 520
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.