[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #510

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 753
Thread images: 249

File: 1443073398881.jpg (313KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1443073398881.jpg
313KB, 1280x905px
''Hotline Arcadia'' Edition

Previous Thread: >>179845314

>Life Is Strange: Before the Storm First Gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7d75ntYy_M

>Life is Strange: Before the Storm Announce Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Return to Arcadia Bay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − ''?'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''?'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret it takes their new found alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
http://lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/554620
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
http://orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
http://orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
http://orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
http://orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
http://imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
http://strawpoll.me/13090936
http://strawpoll.me/13090974
http://strawpoll.me/13186941
>>
File: kate.jpg (40KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
kate.jpg
40KB, 425x516px
>>
File: Pricefield.jpg (79KB, 802x516px) Image search: [Google]
Pricefield.jpg
79KB, 802x516px
BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
>>
File: wallhaven-358872.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-358872.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
3rd for fresh post-game depression
>>
>>180011870
Oh shit I was meant to post the transparent version as usual
>>
>>180011494 #
The idea that the tornado is coming anyway ruins the integrity of the story and sounds like denial for Bae posters.

Bay is not a dumb choice.
>>
>>180012037
Its not a DUMB choice but its super out of character for Max. No matter how much you personally like the rest of the town or how much you dislike Chloe, the entire game is pretty clear that in Max's view, Chloe comes before absolutely everyone else.
>>
>Make thread
>Don't link it to previous one
>Ensure kate.jpg is posted first
>Then link it
Dirty move, OP I did it with the last thread I made to make sure pricefield.jpg was first
>>
>The idea that the tornado is coming anyway ruins the integrity of the story and sounds like denial for Bae posters.

Then why does the story say the tornado always comes?
>>
File: max is 1.png (187KB, 700x650px) Image search: [Google]
max is 1.png
187KB, 700x650px
Max is #1
>>
>>180012256
And if Chloe is the most important thing to you, do you value your feelings or Chloe's feelings more?
>>
>>180012256
It's not out of character at all - giving up Chloe is character development for Max, it goes with the theme of the game. Max learns that you can't control everything, whilst at the same time rediscovered her happiness with a childhood friend.
>>
>>180012314
Give exact citations and i'll admit i'm a faggot.
>>
>>180012203
Excluding the Bay timeline which is entirely optional and only shown if you pick that choice, the storm is coming in every timeline.
It's not denial to conclude it's coming no matter what. We are that to be true up until the point of the final choice where it's suggested there may be a way to stop it.
Not taking that suggestion is totally fine and totally in character for Max. Especially when the game is suddenly suggesting to Max that changing time at all was wrong, so she's suddenly expected to go back and change time again? It is a dumb choice when you look at it from Max's point of view. It's dumb because letting Chloe die is not an option, all the other logical considerations and whatnot just add on to support the original conclusion of it being a poor choice.
>>
>>180012413
Maybe I'm selfish, but I absolutely couldnt live the rest of my life with the knowledge I made the choice to let the woman I loved die. That would hang over me for the rest of my (likely short) life.

>>180012479
How exactly does going back and stopping the storm teach Max she cant control everything? Seems to be the exact opposite to me
>>
File: freedom aint free.jpg (86KB, 501x605px) Image search: [Google]
freedom aint free.jpg
86KB, 501x605px
>>180011834
Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>>
File: living the life.jpg (514KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
living the life.jpg
514KB, 2560x1440px
>having Max jam on loop to some sweet tunes on the stereo

Is this comfy or what? I swear several hours of my playtime went into this
>>
>>180012613
But why the butterfly effect imagery? The Donnie Darko allusions? The hints that Max messing with time causes bad things to happen? The idea of her causing the tornado outright brought up in dialogue and dream sequences?

Its more of a hint than just, default.

She's told to change time to stop all the times she's changed time.
>>
>>180012839
NOW DO CLASSICAL GAS
>>
>>180006921
>And let me be a little cute and ask what's it matter that the directors Raoul and Michel might be leaning toward Bay?
It doesn't matter very much. That the developers have an intended ending doesn't take away from whatever personal justification each player makes regarding which ending -they- choose. But developer intention is an interesting point of discussion.

>The original writer and much of the team could be totally Bae all the way. Would it matter? Is it "intended", now?
It'd still be an interesting point of discussion. And I don't know (much) about what the original writer thinks, I'd argue that it doesn't make much of a difference to what ending(s) the team actually developed and presented. Even if the original writer had intended for the story to work towards a totally pro-bae ending, that's just not what we got.

>Why is there no real doubt in your mind by the way, that as a whole they are Bay-leaning?
Someone finally asked the relevant question. At the end of the day, pretty much everything points to the Bay ending being the intended ending.

Several posts in-coming ...
>>
>>180012669
Its a tough choice, but i'd argue true love means you allow them to choose their own destiny, especially if she has a reason for doing it. You give her the morphine, you save Arcadia Bay.
>>
>>180012413
Chloe is the most important thing to Max and vice versa.

Chloe does not want to die. She doesn't want to see Max suffer or feel guilty so she leaves Max with the choice and says she will support it either way.
While Chloe is for once trying to put her parents and others ahead of herself, what would she do if she had to choose between Max and the town? She'd pick Max every time.
If Chloe dies then you undo all that maturing she did and she dies thinking nobody loved her or cared about her. In effect that also kills Joyce and David, the people Chloe wanted to save (and who very well could have lived through the storm), and leaves Max with much more guilt and no one to support her.
>>
>>180012898
Even in Bay, she changes time. At the beginning of episode 1, when Chloe is shot, Max jumps out and screams. Who knows what would have happened after that. In the Bay timeline, she simply hides in the corner.
>>
File: fugg.png (32KB, 1047x517px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.png
32KB, 1047x517px
Can anyone with uber internet upload speed please put the OST onto mega again? It got deleted. Would be hella cool
>>
>>180012314
Then the devs should have made it explicit that Max's actions caused the storm. Because in the game, Max sees the vision of the storm before she even uses her power which would seem to indicate that it's going to happen either way. Now there's a much more disturbing theory that is somewhat backed up by Max's nightmare and how she forgets the events that have happened when she returns to the "present" from her photojumps: Those visions and photojumps she does aren't the past or future, their completely separate alternate realities she's jumping between. Every one of them happens, the player Max's consciousness is just hopping realities.
>>
>>180012898
What about Max getting powers in that moment Chloe was in danger even though she didn't realize it was Chloe?
What about Max decrying a near identical scenario from Star Trek?
What about the countless time she says or writes how important Chloe is to her and how happy she is to be with her again?
Those are just more than hints. Those are showing of Max's true feelings. And that's all that matter when the story is focused around Max and Chloe. How they inspire and help each other through some dark times.
Now you, as someone who chose Bay, say it's right to leave Max at the darkest time in her life and leave her without Chloe?

>>180013120
It's not a tough choice. It's the only choice to save Chloe.
Some people gave her the morphine because she was dying and it wouldn't get better. In the Bae ending Chloe has an amazing potential to get better. A healthy body, strong feelings of love, and realization that she needs to become better and be more respectful to her mother and stepfather.
You save her for her sake, for Max's sake, and the sake of those close to them.
>>
someone send to these newfags the sp0ck pasta
>>
>>180013123
Past Chloe isn't our Chloe. You can't take her feelings as part of the emotional argument in favor of killing the town.

Your moment of peace is Chloe, yes our Chloe, giving you that kiss before you go.

Chloe would probably pick Max though with her parents its a tough call, doesn't mean Chloe would hypothetically be making the right decision.

>>180013171
More of a shitty plot hole than an argument in favor of Bae.

>>180013697
You are really comparing apples to oranges, the argument wasn't "does Max really love Chloe" because, yeah duh she does. the argument was "does sacrificing Chloe stop the tornado"
>>
File: Alice x Lisa - Choice.jpg (47KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
Alice x Lisa - Choice.jpg
47KB, 375x500px
As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
https://instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
https://instaud.io/kWb
>>
>>180014060
>>180014060
>You are really comparing apples to oranges, the argument wasn't "does Max really love Chloe" because, yeah duh she does. the argument was "does sacrificing Chloe stop the tornado"
Without using knowledge Max cant possibly have, all Max knows is Chloe dying DOESNT stop the storm. Jefferson kills her and it still comes.
>>
File: tumblr_o7o4ttfM5F1uhkgg0o1_1280.jpg (135KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7o4ttfM5F1uhkgg0o1_1280.jpg
135KB, 960x1280px
>>180013556
If they wanted to show the message "Max causes the storm by changing time" then they could have easily done it.
>The first change Max makes is saving Chloe
>She doesn't change anything else like answering a question or fixing her camera
>No storm visions before saving Chloe
>Snow that evening
>First vision comes in the junkyard when she passes out from using her power too much
>Max saves William
>No storm or dying animals in that timeline
>Max let William die to save Chloe
>Dying animals and other odd occurrences
>Storm is coming
>Jefferson kills Chloe
>No more storm
>There's an obvious link between Chloe's survival and the storm established
>Final choice
They didn't do that. They instead tried to mislead players and directly contradicted themselves with what they wanted to show. Because of that, and because of Max's obvious feelings and tendencies, the Bay ending should be disregarded as impossible on numerous levels.
Impossible within the realms of how the game shows things, impossible because if any change in time caused the storm then Max had changed time prior to saving Chloe in that timeline, and impossible as something Max would even consider doing.
If people want to say "Max is not a good person unless she kills Chloe" or call everyone who chose Bae in denial/selfish/murderers, then I'll go straight for the throat.
THE BAY ENDING DOES NOT WORK
>>
>>180006921
>>180013081

- The ending cinematics are absolutely a relevant factor. One of them is fully fleshed out, links back to the start of the game, is multi-scene, features new character models, new locations, new sound track, it actually offers some finality and resolution to the game's story. The other is a short few shots of the girls driving through some recycled scenes/models, with a recycled soundtrack, discordant emotions ("hue look at all this destruction and death surrounding us smile smile"), and no real sense of conclusion ... it just kinda patters off, they didn't even get the "driving off into the sunset" type shot right.

So we can speculate that there were budgetary concerns involved, but that doesn't really solve much. Why wouldn't they still try to equalise the length/impact of both endings? Why put so much effort into one, but significantly downplay the other? Especially when, as others have been quick to point out, the bae ending seemingly had fewer alterations during development than the bay ending. Harsh limits on budget/time force developers to make decisions about where they focus their efforts, and that they chose to so significantly under-value the Bae ending seems to be an indication of intent.

1/3
>>
File: tracks.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tracks.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
How does it feel to experience friendship and love?
>>
>>180014282
Jefferson kills her AFTER the actual time fuckery when the visions started man, come on stop acting dense.
>>
>>180006921
>>180014367

- The genre/story type supports the Bay ending. Let's not be too cute about this, pretty much everyone assumed from Day 1 that the game's ending would be about choosing whether to sacrifice Chloe for the greater good. That we were correct in assuming this to be the case says a lot about the type of story the developers were running with: stock standard fucking-up-the-past-has-consequences-so-we-shouldn't-change-things time travel bullshit. They created a cliche time travel story, and we're seriously arguing about whether or not the cliche "for the greater good" ending wasn't intended?

Importantly, the game didn't make any real attempt to try to subvert our expectations on this front either. We spent the whole game as Max making friends with everyone around town. Even the town's jerks, assholes and low-lifes (Courtney, Taylor, Victoria, Frank, even arguably Nathan) are shown in a sympathetic light throughout the story. (And as contrast our bestest gal-pal Chloe is frequently shown in a shitty light.) That is, they didn't even try to cast Arcadia Bay in some negative light to try to subvert the whole "for the greater good" angle.

2/3
>>
>>180014060
>the argument was "does sacrificing Chloe stop the tornado"
And it's been proven numerous times that it wouldn't. Don't just waltz into this general after completing the game and act like you're the first person to post these arguments.
All your arguments are about is supposed morality or utilitarianism, they have no place here.
>>
>>180014371
how would we know?
>>
>>180014364
It wasn't Chloe's death that stops the tornado, it's Chloe's death at the exact time that she's supposed to with no intervention that stops the tornado.

Do you even know how the butterfly effect supposedly works?
>>
>>180006921
>>180014507

- The narrative we're presented doesn't support Bae overall. I guess this element is more debatable (there are points for and against), but I think it's pretty clear on an over-arching scale. There's way too much to reasonably cover here, so I'll just pick one of the major elements that keeps getting raised (and was raised in the last thread) which is frequently misinterpreted by the Bae-ending folks:

>>180002551's pic related is constantly touted as some ultimate justification for the Bae ending. It's not, it's literally the opposite of what the game is trying to tell us. There's an entire section of the game spread out over two episodes which teaches us this isn't the case. Do I need to make a similar compilation image of every time Max says "I'm not going to let you die William!", followed by an image of the scene where she finally accepts William's death? The parallel between Max's statements about William and her statements about Chloe aren't accidental, there's a deliberate parallel, and a deliberate statement of intent.

I want to be clear with what I'm arguing here: I agree that I don't think this is necessarily a "realistic" lesson. I was pissed when Max burned the old photograph, I thought she could have tried a few more attempts at altering that moment in 2008 to try to create a better future for all of them (although with the storm on the horizon in the alternate timeline still, I'm not sure it matters much ...). And I think it's totally valid for a player to ignore this "lesson" when it comes to the final ending, and to simply say "fuck you" to fate (or whatever it is) and accept the consequences of choosing Chloe. But this isn't the "lesson" the game was trying to teach us. The -intended- message of all this is clearly on the pro-Bay side of things: Max needs to learn to accept Chloe's death.

Like I said, there's a lot more we could go into here, but I think I've otherwise covered enough points for sake of discussion.

3/3
>>
>>180014413
The visions started before any time fuckery happened at all.

Honestly I think the real flaw in the endings is the forced urgency of the final choice. Why must it be made then? Max is a time traveler. She could make the choice at any possible time.
>>
>>180014413
In the Bay ending Chloe dies AFTER Max has already changed things.
>>
File: Balalaika Dead Inside Face.png (146KB, 396x335px) Image search: [Google]
Balalaika Dead Inside Face.png
146KB, 396x335px
>>180014413
The Bay Ending kills her after the vision happens and after Max gets and uses her powers. It erases the majority of her time travelling, but not all of it. And there's no reason to assume that autopilot Max wouldn't time travel because she has the power to do so. That only works for the Max in the Wheelchair Chloe timeline because she was never put in the position that gave her powers in the first place.
>>
>>180014706
THATS NOT HOW TIME TRAVEL WORKS
>>
>The greater good
And there's the perhaps the dumbest phrase ever uttered in human existence. A phrase that has almost exclusively been used as justification to do the opposite of good.
>>
>>180014531
It literally hasn't. Stop getting angry, either provide arguments or donmt engage its just shitposting beyond that.

>>180014883
I'm not even making a utilitarian argument.

>>180014764
Conjecture, no allusions or basis in the games, unlike the idea of the butterfly effect.
>>
>>180014828
YES IT IS
You're saying that Chloe needs to die because Max saved her and not saving her will undo changes.
You're ignoring the fact that Max changed time before she saved Chloe in that timeline and that the photo Chloe has is not the original Max took before discovering her powers.
You're disregarding facts that interfere with your foolish notion that the ending you chose, and the one you vehemently claim was intended, defeats itself using its own logic.
>>
File: DIE.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DIE.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>unironic bae/bay argument
I was going to wait for BtS to do a replay, but at this point I almost way to go through right now and compile every line in the game that specifically and unequivocally denounces bay, like all the times Max promises she will never leave Chloe again.
>>
File: SP0CK.jpg (806KB, 1920x1030px) Image search: [Google]
SP0CK.jpg
806KB, 1920x1030px
It's Max's overuse of her power that's causing the tornado
>Solution is to go back to bathroom and let Chloe die
>Because if it wasn't for that meeting in the bathroom, Max would have never discovered her power
>So apparently the idea is to make a timeline where Max never discovers her power
>But we already did this (alt universe/w Wheelie Chloe), and the same paranormal events were still happening at exactly the same times
>Let's ignore that for the moment, and point out Max discovered her power as a direct result of seeing Chloe die
>Presumably, Chloe not dying would have the same effect (actually a better chance) at stopping her from discovering her powers
>But this is what we actually did in the first rewind, went back to the bathroom and engineered a scenario where Chloe didn't die, so Max wouldn't have to rewind
>Ah, but that was after Max had already rewound once. Maybe the butterfly photo takes you back to the first time Max enters the Bathroom.
>Except that we had to re-take the Butterfly photo the second time we went into the bathroom, so that photo should lead to the second time Max entered the bathroom, where she already has her powers
> And they already established with photographing Kate and David, that you don't get to keep the photos after a rewind (except for the purposes of the optional photo collection thing, you don't keep them in game).
>So the photo must lead to the post-rewind bathroom
>Whateva, let's ignore that for the moment as well and assume the photo does take Max back to the first time she enters the bathroom
>Then since this is the first time in the bathroom, doing exactly what she did the second time, triggering the alarm and saving Chloe, would have prevented her from discovering her powers. Since letting Chloe die the first time around is actually what led to Max discovering her powers.

>>180013864
thanks for reminding me
>>
>>180015167
It's already been done, at least compling tons of lines showing Max's dedication to Chloe. Bayfags just say Max's feelings don't matter or show how she's in denial to the truth that she needs to lose Chloe (And that Chloe dying is max learning a lesson).
>>
>>180015167
>I was going to wait for BtS to do a replay, but at this point I almost way to go through right now and compile every line in the game that specifically and unequivocally denounces bay, like all the times Max promises she will never leave Chloe again.

See >>180014669:

>"Do I need to make a similar compilation image of every time Max says "I'm not going to let you die William!", followed by an image of the scene where she finally accepts William's death?"
>>
>>180015167
I was actually thinking of doing this too. I'm sure bayfags would just do mental gymnastics and continue telling us how bay is clearly the ending the game is pushing you towards somehow though
>>
File: 1428926303083.png (176KB, 317x238px) Image search: [Google]
1428926303083.png
176KB, 317x238px
how is this game on a second playthough?
i was thinking of getting high and having a comfy 2nd run of this game

maybe this time i will save kate ;_;
>>
>>180015113
Explain exactly what you mean, how did Max interfere with time before the Nathen scene?

I could very easily be wrong, tell me exactly why.
>>
File: Revy Smile Better Quality.png (29KB, 207x236px) Image search: [Google]
Revy Smile Better Quality.png
29KB, 207x236px
>>180015093
That's not conjecture. That's fact. Play the first episode again. She time travels back to the classroom after Chloe is first shot, then takes the picture she uses in the Bay Ending.

Remember how she discovered she could enter photos to change history? By being sad and staring at the photo of Chloe and William. Bay Ending Autopilot Max still has the bathroom photo. Logically speaking, she could have done the same thing during the time jump. Especially since we see her looking at a box of her photos during that sequence of everything changing. Max not using her powers there is inconsistent with her past characterization and how her power development had been portrayed up to that point.
>>
>>180015583
Automax can't time travel you stupid anime-poster
>>
>>180015504
Max has the vision of the storm and goes into the bathroom. She photographs the butterfly.
Chloe and Nathan come in and Nathan shoots Chloe, Max rewinds. This first rewind is like any other in the game since it moves Max backwards to her previous position as well. That butterfly photo is lost forever.
Max tests her power for the first time in the classroom by answering Jefferson's questions and by fixing her camera after it's knocked off her desk. These are already small alterations to time.
Max then remembers the girl in the bathroom and does everything she did originally, washes her face, photographs the butterfly, and waits until she saves the girl by triggering the fire alarm.
That second photo of the butterfly is the one Chloe takes later on and the one on the cliff, it was taken after Max has already rewound and changed things.
But if the idea is any change to time is wrong and caused the storm, then the significance of the change doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1497628180944.jpg (62KB, 642x648px) Image search: [Google]
1497628180944.jpg
62KB, 642x648px
>>180014254
gold
>>
>>180015829
It's never established if she can or not, only that autopilot Max won't know any future or alternate events. She acts as Max would at discovering things.
It;s entirely possible that in week of the Bay Ending, possibly even right after Chloe was shot, that autopilot Max would discover Max's power and do exactly as Max did. Which would leave Max coming right back to the cliff with Chloe that she just left from. That ending would have actually be pretty powerful.
>>
>>180015290
As long as Max never changes anything important the tornado will not come. Her just having the powers does not mean the tornado is going to happen. In the timeline where Chloe dies Max never uses her powers to stop someone from dying. This really shouldn't be that hard for you to understand.
>>
>>180015829
Doesn't autoMax make jokes about using her powers in text messages to Chloe that we can read once we jump back into the "main" timeline in Episode 4? Something about throwing Chloe's beanie out the window, then rewinding to correct it? It's obviously just a joke and not something she actually did, but it's clear that autoMax knows about her powers, and should be able to use them just fine.
>>
>>180015167
Just because you really really want something doesn't mean its the right choice.

The nature of sacrifice.

>>180015290
>using wheelie Chloe world as an argument

THATS A DIFFERENT PIECE OF TIME FUCKERY

>>180015583
The nature of Autopilot Max is unknown to us.

>>180015907
How do we know its any change that causes the storm? What about just people there when they shouldn't be?
>>
>>180016135
>Anything important
So she can make changes, but she can't save anyone?
Then how come there's no storm a week after saving William, no predictions of another storm from saving Kate, or from Max saving herself?
But I thought time needed to be reset to be unchanged entirely so the storm doesn't come. Does the universe just hate the thought of Chloe Price and Max Caulfield being together that much?
>>
>>180016132
But Chloe is still dead at that point so this did not happen, meaning Auto-Max either didn't or couldn't time travel
>>
File: Revy Glance.png (97KB, 730x172px) Image search: [Google]
Revy Glance.png
97KB, 730x172px
>>180015829
Yes, she can. Otherwise Chloe would have died in the bathroom in the San Francisco Art Gallery timeline. Since she only lives due to Max's intervention. And all the photos up to Kate's Suicide in the timeline changing sequence are exactly the same. Which implies she still convinced Chloe she had time travel powers while on autopilot.
>>
>>180016256
>How do we know its any change that causes the storm?
How do we know any change stops it?
>>
File: 1429415277044.gif (901KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1429415277044.gif
901KB, 200x150px
>>180016135
>using time travel powers to change ''minor'' stuff is okay
>but using the same time travel powers to save Chloe's life is a big NO
>>
>>180016331
Somehow Chloe surviving her confrontation with Nathen is what causes the butterfly effect for the storm.

It isn't Max rewinding too much, it isn't William. It's Chloe.

Now what she did is anybody's guess, but thats the nature of the butterfly effect.

William's Butterfly effect was the accident that hurt Chloe.
>>
>>180016412
Which is why I imagine Anon is saying there's a plot hole. Or at the very least strongly implying it.
>>
>>180016465
Because the game alludes to that point constantly, and never alludes to the contrary. Why put the idea in our head?
>>
>>180016331
Because the storm is already going to happen in those instances you stupid fuck. The universe doesn't care about small changes but it does care about Max saving a human life. The same thing would have happened if Chloe didn't come to school that day but Max still used her powers to save Kate.
>>
File: tumblr_nyk5b35EHg1qiuewko1_1280.png (58KB, 513x501px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyk5b35EHg1qiuewko1_1280.png
58KB, 513x501px
>>180016557
Well then the universe is just going tohave to learn to to live with Chloe because Max isn't giving her up.
If Max rolls over once and she shows she's weak, then next whatever cosmic force that revels in her misery may ask her to give up something else close to her.
>>
>>180016913
Like every other human being on the planet, what a god damn tragedy
>>
>>180016807
With that, you prove you have been defeated.
>>
>>180016807
But if it's saving any human life that's the big deviation that causes the storm, why does William get to live five years without anything trying to kill him?
>>
>>180016913
You can make that choice, but Chloe knows everyone and everything in her life besides you is gone and you could have done something about it, which directly conflicted with what was essentially her dying wish.

You confessed, you payed your debt. Sleep in your consequences.
>>
>>180016476
Max taking slightly longer to go into the bathroom or having a different conversation is not a big deal, but saving a life is. This is not difficult to understand.
>>
File: 1459599218731.jpg (310KB, 884x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1459599218731.jpg
310KB, 884x1300px
You guys may be overthinking this.

I'm sure the point was that rewinding time to fix minuscule things lika a broken camera or answering a question has very, very, little effect on whether the universe gets mad or not.

But rewinding time to save a living soul, extending a life is something significant and that's a big no-no for the universe.

Fixing a camera and anwsering a question and then not rewinding ever again probably wouldn't anger the universe.

Probably.
>>
>>180016807
The butterfly is meant to tell us, THAT MOMENT is the moment that effects the tornado.

Not the binary idea that Chloe is alive or dead, the fact that she didn't die RIGHT THERE is the cause.
>>
>>180017045
Because his butterfly effect is the accident that hurts chloe
>>180016443
Well its obvious that auto max doesn't figure her powers out in this case, because chloe is still dead.
>>
>>180017106
Now you're just being petty.
Despite claims of the contrary, all you've done is present arguments of utilitarianism or some kind of objective morality that does not exist.

>>180017160
>Some changes are okay
>Some changes are not
This is pathetic.
>>
File: shark.jpg (213KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shark.jpg
213KB, 1920x1080px
Wait. Chloe actually had a shark in her room! The shark vs otter takes another meaning
>>
File: stormsummoner.png (835KB, 691x869px) Image search: [Google]
stormsummoner.png
835KB, 691x869px
>>180017248
So then why does it show up in the bay ending at Chloe's funeral too?
>>
>>180017160
>life is strange 2 is bizzaro land caused by Max flipping the wrong light switch in Bay timeline
>Gotta get back to the past to undo the future that is Bay
>>
>>180017248
What strange and otherworldly insight allows you to know that that is what the butterfly means?
>>
>>180017407
You are closing up the butterfly's loop

>>180017308
I'm not, thats just the fact of the matter.

Stop pushing moral relativism. Dude just like do whatever maaaaan nothing matters.
>>
>>180017279
Which is a plot hole. Because Auto Pilot Max already knows she can rewind time at this point due to the moment in time Max travels to being after Max knows about her powers.
>>
These are the dying arguments of the Bayers. They have be disproven, outflanked by logic, and smashed by instances in the game. They are stumbling over themselves and using revisionism to try to justify and explain their indefensible position. Now saying that some changes to time are okay but saving a life (But only if it's Chloe's) causes problems.

Finish them once and for all and claim our victory! Do it for them!
>>
>>180017443
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Butterfly+effect
>>
>>180017572
Her discovery of that power was already happen stance. She just didn't happen to find it in the timeline where chloe dies.
>>
File: 1441596666025.png (244KB, 1280x1433px) Image search: [Google]
1441596666025.png
244KB, 1280x1433px
>>180017629
>>
>>180017629
>this delusion

If you want to roleplay as an imperfect human, thats fine. If you can't accept your ship sinking thats fine too.

Don't pretend Bay isn't the best choice and the thematically sound one.
>>
File: dvXeAtHP.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
dvXeAtHP.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>>180017370
She does have one!
She needs a small plush one to keep on the dashboard of her truck.
I seriously love the link to Chloe and sharks. My favorite animal and my favorite girl.
>>
>>180017693
But the photo she uses in Bay comes from a timeline where Max has already discovered her powers
>>
>>180016256
>THATS A DIFFERENT PIECE OF TIME FUCKERY

nope
>>
>>180017876
You don't understand how the butterfly effect works. Read up.
>>
File: 1494618560571.jpg (947KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1494618560571.jpg
947KB, 3000x2250px
>>
File: 1497238348264.jpg (596KB, 1150x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1497238348264.jpg
596KB, 1150x1400px
>>
>>180017990
No, you don't understand how it works.
The Butterfly Effect deals with realistic consequences and fallout as a result of something once thought to be small. A ripple from throwing a pebble into a pond.
William surviving and Chloe having an accident are an example of that. The storm is something entirely different, without cause and without reasoning. It just exists and exists despite differences across multiple timelines.
If it was about Chloe then it would not be coming in a timeline where she never met with Nathan nor in one where Jefferson shot her dead.
Your argument was that it's coming in those cases because there's still the point Max changed time in the bathroom, but it's already been shown to you that even if that it true, it is impossible for Max to get back to before that point in time since she doesn't have the "real" photo.
>>
>>180018406
The inciting incidents are clearly defined
>>
File: 1497218002067.jpg (780KB, 800x6817px) Image search: [Google]
1497218002067.jpg
780KB, 800x6817px
>>180007880
8. As other Baebros say, Max is constantly saving Chloe and even says it was her destiny to save her.

Listen Bayfags, you have to remember. Going with bae ending, Max can still choose to go back and fix shit if she truly wants to. She doesn't need rewind to warn people and save Chloe. Such a decision didn't need to be done at the cliff. Max has all the time of the world to make such a decision or any. She can disagree with Chloe and say "We're safe right here Chloe. No need to rush things. Let's investigate and think of a strategy if we're right".

Like other baebros, I love bringing "what if questions" and question the logic about how sure Max could be that resetting a timeline would have no consequence to the space-time space time continuum. But even accepting the logic and going on with it, it doesn't make sense.
You can call us baebros mass murderers and make us seem that Max is a monster if we choose to sacrifice Chloe all you want. it's meaningless.
Max never bothers or even tries to warn the townspeople anywhere in the game, except the homeless woman. She forgets all about the storm in the art gallery timeline. It's obvious where her priorities where. As I stated earlier, going with Bae, Max can go back and make things right if need be.
"But you're tampering more with timez!!" That's exactly what you're doing if you go with Bay.
>>
File: 1497497602271.png (149KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1497497602271.png
149KB, 500x353px
>"How does Chloe not dying cause the moon to change paths and cause an unexpected eclipse, and even appear twice in the sky?"
>"B-butterfly effect!!!!"

cmon bayfriends
>>
>>180018693
*chose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay
>>
>>180018706
Explicitly what it is. If you are upset take it up with the Devs.
>>
>>180018706
Being in an empty (or even mostly-empty) cinema by yourself is fucking awesome tho.
>>
>>180018693
It's pretty much my headcanon ending that Max goes back a day or two after the storm and uses her photo from Episode 3 of her and Chloe in the morning to tell Chloe, and leave a note for herself, that they need to warn people about the storm and tell David about the Dark Room.
That really is the best ending. People still learn their lessons, Max has helped Kate and others, more people are saved, Jefferson and Nathan are arrested, Chloe is spared memory of finding Rachel's body, and most importantly: Max and Chloe are together.
It's a win/win/win and if at any point Max wnated to lay some heavy stuff down on Chloe about the alternate timeline then she could and Chloe would support her.
>>
>>180014669
Here's the problem with that interpretation (though I agree that was the devs intent):

If the devs wanted to make that point then it should have been Chloe who had the ability to change the past and learn about the consequences. Then a choice the choice at the end would make more sense. But Max has clearly moved forward with her life since leaving Arcadia Bay; she has professional ambitions and she is pursuing those goals. She's generally a kind and caring person who's grateful for what she has in life. Max's character flaw is her lack of confidence in herself. Playing through the game we see Max grow from a timid unsure girl into a confident woman who is willing to do anything to help her friends. Max grows because of her powers and her desire to help Chloe. She saves multiple lives and gets justice for the victim of a horrible crime. If anything the story has taught Max that she has to fight for what she believes in and that it's worth pain and suffering to help others. If Max sacrifices Chloe, then everything she learned, all she's fought for, and all her development has been negated. The ideal ending would have been an option to intervene directly, maybe take the bullet for Chloe, when Nathan pulls the gun. The Bay ending is basically, lol, nothing you did mattered.
>>
>>180018931
>Explicitly what it is
It's a bastardization of the concept that was successful used in other parts of the game. Again, that deals with realistic actions and consequences, not the supernatural.
The storm is just poor writing with nothing to back it up.
There's absolutely no explanation how Max could have a vision of the storm before doing anything and that saving Chloe is the sole thing that causes the storm. It's always coming regardless of what Max does and regardless of the state Chloe is in.
>>
>>180016135
then the butterfly effect metaphor doesn't work at all
>>
>>180019153
The one time I was in an empty theater by myself I couldnt stop thinking "What if I have a heart attack or something? No one will be in to even notice for like two hours"

Anxiety sure is fun.
>>
>>180019551
Not everything is all or nothing.

Baefag arguments seem so stemmed in headcanon and absolutes.
>>
>>180019747
Bayfag arguments have been nothing but numbers, ignoring character feelings, and ignoring anything that proves their idea wouldn't work.
An ending that only works when you turn your brain off and don't question it, but that collapses the instant you apply any bit of thought to it. You yourself have applied a bit of headcanon but saying it's better for Chloe to die because Max and her would never be able to be happy or have a successful relationship together...which is utter bollocks by the way.
>>
>>180020078
Your trivializing many different arguments into the trolley problem, you are either being ignorant or willfully ignorant
>>
>>180019153
It is pretty fun. I've gone a few times and the theater was near empty.
Would be even better if you have a date with you.
>>
>>180019747
>>180019747
No our arguments are based on character development and statements made by the characters themselves. There's a difference between, "I would sacrifice Chloe" and "Max would sacrifice Chloe".
>>
>>180017693
She travels back to a point that is after her learning about her powers though.
>>
File: Frank Selfie Update.png (4MB, 1300x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Frank Selfie Update.png
4MB, 1300x1920px
Re-did that Frank selfie from a while ago, it was just way too dark.
Enjoy.
>>
kiss~
>>
File: time_off_by_naoxmon-d9uy4gd.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
time_off_by_naoxmon-d9uy4gd.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>180021454
Nice work, Joshi! I remember seeing the original a while back.

I'm excited to see more of Frank in the prequel and to see some banter between him, Chloe, and Rachel. Maybe even Pompidou is there depending how old he is. We could learn the full story of how Frank got him.
If you look at Pompidou's chest there then it looks a little bit like a dog's face ∪^ェ^∪
>>
>>180014367
>fully fleshed out
As is the other. It does not have unfinished textures or anything.

>links back to the start
Bae links back to the start with the use of the song, and committing to the choice she'd made in the beginning.

>new character models, new locations
The wrecked town is also a new location. This boils down to which of the two took more effort, which I don't think is as skewed as people casually imagine.

>finality and resolution to the game's story
The other also offers finality and resolution: Max and Chloe sticking together through all.

>discordant emotions
Yes, because Max's smile in the Bay ending is totally the accordant reaction to just coming out of that bathroom and having broken down. They are both in-line with the narrative message dontnod wanted to convey, respectively, and both unrealistically emotionally discordant.

>no real sense of conclusion
It is lacking in that sense, but the sentiment of the conclusion is in there: Max and Chloe prevail.

>significantly under-value the Bae ending seems to be an indication of intent
The Bae endings shows what they wanted it to show: Max and Chloe prevailing through the tragedy, and finding strength in each other despite it. It's not that they totally confused what the choice means. It's an appropriate ending for the choice it follows, even if it lacks cinematical and emotional impact.
>>
>>180021175
The character development is that she would sacrifice Chloe.
>>
>>180022423
>G-guys, the Bae ending cinematic t-totally compares favourably to the Bay cinematic, r-right???
>>
>>180014507
>we're seriously arguing about whether or not the cliche "for the greater good" ending wasn't intended?
No, as has become apparent now, what you are really arguing with "intended" is which ending fits the story better. And that's an age-old argument. If you are saying it's objectively the truth that one is, and using "intended" as a veiled way to say that, you are wrong. Sure, it's possible that some of the important people at dontnod think it's more fitting for the narrative they created. Other people might not think so, with good reason. I do agree with your assessment in >>180014669: The power very much seems intended a metaphor here in that it represents Max's "childish" unwillingness to let Chloe go, which she "grows" to overcome in the end and accept the "way things are supposed to be" or the "inevitability of shit happening in life". Metaphor also in the sense that dontnod seems to want to spin it so that Chloe's death was "supposed to be" and Max never actually had the power to prevent it - it was just one strange (and beautiful and horrible) odyssey to acceptance, both for her and Chloe. But the entire story can be understood and interpreted fundamentally differently, and offers plenty in the way of a story that ends on Bae.

I don't know what exactly it is you mean with "intended" - if you are saying that it is the ending the directos would pick and consider the right one for the narrative, I'd agree that that seems relatively obvious (but not beyond debate either; it's not like Michel/Raoul/Cano have ever shared their thoughts on it); if you are saying they are right to because it actually is more consistent and fitting for the narrative, I disagree vehemently, and so do countless other people - some of the dontnod people included.
>>
RACHEL IS A SKINWALKER
>>
>>180022773
As a huge baefag, yes the bae ending could have much more than what it was. Doesn't make a difference though.
>>
>>180020078
You're entire argument has been the appliance of baseless and arbitrary time travel rules that you created in your own head though. You say that the tornado's appearance is connected to max ever using her powers at all when we don't know that that is true. You claim that the existence of that blue butterfly in the bay indicates that the storm is coming in that timeline as well while also denying that Max's dream at the begging of the game ties her use of time travel to save Chloe to the tornado destroying the bay. You just select information that works in your benefit and act like you're coming to a scientific conclusion.
>>
File: 1496334701307.jpg (30KB, 242x263px) Image search: [Google]
1496334701307.jpg
30KB, 242x263px
Typical /lisg/ drama fights are back.
>>
>>180021208
But not about her ability to travel through photos
>>
>>180023762
You have no idea the amount of salt this prequel is about to cause
>>
>>180024076
I don't think they'll have a shitty binary ending this time
>>
I feel numb
I feel numb in this kingdom
AAAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
File: usMrem4J.png (292KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
usMrem4J.png
292KB, 500x500px
>>180024643
NOO ITS STUCK AGAIN
>>
File: tumblr_npyqxsEIjj1u0w13ro1_1280.png (602KB, 1280x1086px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npyqxsEIjj1u0w13ro1_1280.png
602KB, 1280x1086px
>>180023505
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>
>>180023737
You've doubled back on your own thinking to try to prove your point. Going from "Any changes cause the storm" to "Chloe not dying causes the storm but some changes are okay to make".
This may not be scientific or entirely possible to explain but it's a damn sight better than the crap you've been trying to put forth. Changing your entire points back and forth and then settling on "It's butterfly effect" as if that's an explanation for anything or reason to prove one ending is correct over another.
Give up and move on before you make a name for yourself for being a fool.
>>
>>
>>180025736
And I did not claim anything about the presence of a blue butterfly in the Bay Ending, that's just something someone made in connection to a Tweet once put put that called the butterfly the storm summoner.
All I've been saying is letting Chloe die goes against everything Max stands for and against the information she would have in that moment when being asked to make a choice. A choice, which someone else pointed out, that could be made much later and after seeing the storm's damage if any changes were even needed in the first place.
>>
File: 1445977261207.jpg (20KB, 332x337px) Image search: [Google]
1445977261207.jpg
20KB, 332x337px
HURRRRR IM RIGHT

NO IM RIGHT

NO HURRRRR IM RIGHT

HERES WHY UR RONG

WELL HERES WHY UR RONG

HURRRRR UR RONG

NO UR RONG
>>
>>180024018
But she did practically the exact same thing that unlocked her photo travel ability, so logically speaking she should have gotten it there.
>>
File: 1428844060880.png (676KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1428844060880.png
676KB, 1280x720px
these threads are comfy
>>
Max is adorable!
>>
>>180025736
>Any changes cause the storm
I never said that though. In fact, that was the point I was arguing against because it would imply that max using her time travel powers in the 15 minutes before she saw Chloe get shot to rewind her camera being broken and maybe change her responses to certain questions would cause the storm to come anyway.
>>
>>180026478
The idea that it's Chloe specifically causing the storm is just as absurd.
>>
>>180026117
I Don't care about what Max would do, I'm arguing the subjective morality of the bae choice
>>180026436
Well sense we don't get to see what max does during auto-pilot we don't know what she did during that time did we
>>
File: 1483032947138.jpg (244KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1483032947138.jpg
244KB, 1280x905px
>>180026441
She sure is! Also a hella good person and photographer!
>>
>>180021914
Really like this one!
I'm also excited to see more of them all. So far the new voice actor is doing quite a good job for him.
>>
>>180026747
>subjective morality of the bae choice
It is not your place to argue and the huge problems that would come with Chloe's death have already been pointed out. The effects it would have on Max, Chloe's family, and Max's family.
You're just trying to make people who chose Bae feel like they did something wrong and to feel bad about and like Max would just be miserable with Chloe.
>>
>>180026587
Then I suppose its good that I literally said that it wasn't Chloe causing the storm and that using time travel to save a different human life would have resulted in similar repercussions. For example, saving William creates the timeline where Chloe is crippled. The butterfly effect was probably less intense because he was older, if you want an explanation for that.
>>
>>180027027
I going to come to your neighbors house and murder him with a tire iron and if you call the police I'm going to tell you that it is not your place to argue the morality of my actions because you are not directly effected.
>>
>>180026376
Actually a good conversation
>>
File: 1497210486348.jpg (311KB, 1280x699px) Image search: [Google]
1497210486348.jpg
311KB, 1280x699px
>>180026812
I concur
>>
>>180022656
that makes no sense since she already practically sacrificed Chloe in leaving Arcadia Bay in the first place and never bothering to contact her. Before Chloe got shot Max probably never even intended to reconnect with Chloe.
>>
File: mKBphr2.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mKBphr2.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>180022423
>It's an appropriate ending for the choice it follows, even if it lacks cinematical and emotional impact.
And people regularly forget that the after-choice sequence on the cliff itself is part of the ending. The cliff part of the Bae ending is absolutely cinematically and emotionally compelling to me. Max's determined and confident ripping of the photo, Chloe taking her hand, their promise they renew as they face the storm hand-in-hand, Chloe giving Max her shoulder to lean on and holding her, bearing the destruction, Obstacles starting to play. It's a narratively, emotionally and cinematically brilliant final note to the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njmkPRFvJx0
>>
>>
>>180026376
we're just waiting around until the prequel comes out, then we'll talk about that. Also, welcome to the internet.
>>
>>180027235
You are really REALLY reaching.

Moving away is not sacrifice.
>>
>>180027051
>The butterfly effect was probably less intense because he was older, if you want an explanation for that.
lol

Preventing Chloe's death led to moons popping in and out of existence in the matter of days, but William's to a car accident years down the line... because he's older.

Jump on another horse, this one's not high enough for the route you're trying to take. Logistically, you cannot explain why going back to the bathroom should prevent the storm. You can say "because dontnod said so", but that's about it, and nobody has to eat their shit.
>>
are there any comments about ultrawide support in BtS?
>>
>>180027659
That's how the in story idea of how the butterfly effect works. You are just ignoring intentional allusions to several different inspirations to life is strange and hints in game.

Why would they let us make the choice if it does nothing?
>>
Because the final episode was rushed and not thought out.
>>
I wonder what the limits are on Max's photo travel abilities. Doesnt seem like the photo needs to be taken by her or even have her in it. Does she just need to be nearby when the photo was taken? Could she jump into photos she's not involved with in any way and override some random person from it?
>>
>>180028152
>That's how the in story idea of how the butterfly effect works.
Which is saying "because dontnod said so". It is not logistically sound or internally consistent. Kate and William's living/dying change next to nothing, Chloe's the course of the entire universe in impossible ways.
>>
>>180028490
Thats the weird thing about the butterfly effect, for all you know assassinating a movie star could effect the universe less than littering. Welcome to the literary concept, Chloe had some serious implications on the stability of the universe.
>>
Somebody once said that LiS is a poem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxU2eqZtYmc
>>
>>180028631
>Thats the weird thing about the butterfly effect
Which is again, "because dontnod said so". The narrative itself does not give us reason to believe letting Chloe die solves anything or that she is the reason for the impossible phenomena we see.
>>
>>180029006
You are just ignoring facts and going lalala now. It's annoying.
>>
>>180026747
>Well sense we don't get to see what max does during auto-pilot we don't know what she did during that time did we

But we do, actually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5lsTadfcSU#t=8m40s
>>
>>180028362
Well, she's in every photo she travels into.

Except for the Bay Ending photograph, where only her reflection is present. Which is (yet another) anomaly in the Bay Ending.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG7RZonpN8o
>>
RACHEL's FAMILY IS THE ILLUMINATI
>>
What I learned today:
Never ever leave anything up to interpretation and then have a sad ending, or else people will wiggle their way out of it as much as possible.
>>
File: 1457875787310.jpg (295KB, 500x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1457875787310.jpg
295KB, 500x1520px
forever and ever
>>
So on a recommendation of a friend, I blasted through the game yesterday in one sitting and loved it, now all I want to do is hear the story of a sequel that's never going to happen.
>>
>>180030859
I would pick Bae even if it was 100% clear every single person in town died and Chloe was personally responsible for the storm. I still enjoy shitting on how poorly done the Bay ending was.
>>
>>180016689
Where does the game allude to the idea that changing the past stops it?

In the AU timeline, Max uses her photo power to prevent the bathroom incident from existing altogether, and the storm is still coming. She used her photo power to prevent the situation in which she had to use her rewind power to save Chloe. That's the exact same thing she does in the Bay ending. But the storm still came.

>>180030859
You don't consider the Bae ending sad for the loss of Arcadia? What a terrible, morally bankrupt stance.

Maybe people don't "wiggle their way out" of something more so than truly understand and appreciate the one ending as the right one?

I give you a real tip: Don't write an ending to your story if you don't think it fits the story. Dontnod wrote both endings, and I think they are smart enough that they wouldn't have done so if they thought one of them shouldn't have been there. You might not be though, so take that lesson from today.
>>
>>180031179
I would pick it too but we all know not everybody died. Some died but most survived and none of it is Max's fault.

>>180031424
Of Course the storm is a tragedy for Arcadia Bay, nobody claims it's not. It's a natural disaster. Those happen, people come together, the government gives aid, memorials are erected, things are built, and people go on knowing to respect nature in the future.

What doesn't happen, and what cannot be helped, is people who have to give up loved ones because of time-related bullshit. It would be impossible to console Max after the Bay Ending because she cannot even tell anyone what her problem is.

>Dontnod wrote both endings, and I think they are smart enough that they wouldn't have done so if they thought one of them shouldn't have been there
You give them way too much credit considering they acknowledged some of the inconsistencies and said they don't need to be explained. The original choices of On The Road or the Hospital Ending would have been slightly better since Chloe lives in both and the mess of an idea of Chloe must DIE is averted, but it's still not perfect.
>>
File: 1497124476436.jpg (394KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1497124476436.jpg
394KB, 1280x905px
>>
>>180031424
People wiggle out of the Bae ending too, they claim they don't see the bodies.
>>
>>180032457
Six or seven bodies. Out of a town of hundreds where we clearly see most buildings still standing.
Nobody tries to wiggle out of anything, they just say the choice wasn't choose between letting Chloe die or letting the entire town die.
>>
File: 1497500650063.jpg (856KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1497500650063.jpg
856KB, 2560x1440px
Fellow baefags please don't say there's no proof that going back in time and letting Chloe die will solve anything.
There is no concrete proof of it but there is a correlation of Max's power and the storm. Saying that there is no reasons/proof is silly.
>>
>>180032836
Exactly, own your choice don't make excuses.
>>
File: 1437269356452.jpg (487KB, 820x996px) Image search: [Google]
1437269356452.jpg
487KB, 820x996px
>>180032836
I question the correlation and while I think Max's powers may have caused the storm, she wouldn't have any reason to believe she could stop it.
If anything it would have been created in her first rewind that was uncontrolled. I could believe that her moving herself backwards and going back a pretty large amount of time, instantly, broke something and caused the problems.
However the solution to that wouldn't be to go back and let Chloe die. There is no real solution to it other than perhaps going back and just redoing setting off the fire alarm as originally, talking Nathan into putting down the gun, or letting Chloe get shot and doing a normal and controlled rewind.
Or just accept the storm was always coming and focus on going back to warn more people.
>>
>>180033204
Don't come into our thread and talk down to us.
We've all owned our choices but you seem to be unconvinced by yours and are trying to rip us down to your level.
>>
>>180033562
I'm perfectly happy with mine, stop projecting, you sound like a whiner.
>>
>>180032836
Theres proof letting Chloe die would stop the storm, yes. Not proof Max would have when making the decision, however.
>>
Do you guys honestly BELIEVE that DONTNOD made the binary choice "sacrifice Arcadia Bay, Chloe lives" and "Sacrifice Chloe, Arcadia Bay is still destroyed"?

Like, really? Come on now. I get thinking they could have been more articulate (was just fine for me better than some exposition character spelling it out while winking at the screen) but really you think that is the choice?
>>
>>180033937
Visions.
>>
File: Pricefield Seattle Night.webm (498KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Pricefield Seattle Night.webm
498KB, 1280x640px
The night after the storm, the girls arrive in Seattle on their way to Max's parents house.
They stop outside the city to get out and see the view. Chloe's never seen a large city in person before. They don't know exactly what will happen but they do know that they will face it together.
>>
>>180034250
Her visions simply show her the storm, and they started before saving Chloe. Chloe isnt even in the visions, so they actually undercut the idea that its related to her at all.
>>
>>180033816
Says the person that came into a place overwhelmingly Bae and then started whining that people weren't thinking the same way as they were
>>
>>180034464
Only vision Chloe is in is the second one when she's what snaps Max out of it. Max is watching the storm and feels Chloe's hand on her shoulder and that brings her back to reality.
Otherwise the only other thing in the visions is the Rachel doe that looks at Max from the treeline.
>>
>>180034543
No whining in any of my posts, and i've been more than reasonable in entertaining actual arguments.

If anything shitposters in here are far worse, but thats the internet so I wont complain.
>>
I love arguing bae vs bay

Helps distract from my crippling post-LiS depression
>>
Can you guys clarify what exactly we're getting? From what I've heard there are two games:
LiS 2 which is the sequel
And a prequel made by a different studio that looks like a cashgrab
>>
File: reasonabledoubt.jpg (291KB, 2100x1441px) Image search: [Google]
reasonabledoubt.jpg
291KB, 2100x1441px
>>180033428
I 100% agree with you. I said in previous posts that if Max chooses to go back in time, she can do so at anytime she wishes with Bae ending. Chloe and Max would probably test things out and see how their relationship works for a couple days, weeks, or even months before deciding what to do. Max would analyze and draw out a plan.
There's a reasonable doubt that Max would choose the Bay ending and a reasonable doubt that such decision would make a difference.
All I'm saying is that stating there's "0% proof" or "Max won't even think of considering to kill her Chloe. It's a no-brainier what she will choose" is wrong.

But yes fuck bayfags
>>
>>180034870
If Chloe dies Max will never be happy. Best girl Kate survives because the hospital is out of town.
>>
>>180034958
Correct, prequel by a different studio with Chloe coming soon, followed at some unspecified later point by season 2, with a new setting, new cast, and new story, done by dontnod
>>
File: mum_by_00hippold-da1w9wp.png (4MB, 1800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
mum_by_00hippold-da1w9wp.png
4MB, 1800x2400px
Two or three days after being in Seattle, Chloe gets a phonecall from Joyce saying that she's bruised up but alright. David calls Chloe shortly after and the relief in his voice when he hears Chloe answer is palpable. Max gets calls from Kate and Warren, and texts from others, checking to see if she's alright.
Max and Chloe decide to go back to Arcadia Bay to see the people they care about and to retrieve stuff from Chloe's room. They go down back to the town, have their reunion, have a service for Rachel and the others lost, and help with what they can.

Joyce and David decide it's best for Chloe to go live with the Caulfields for awhile while things are rebuilt and the police do all their investigations about Jefferson and the Presccotts. Max and Chloe pack up The Beast with some of Chloe's stuff, say their goodbyes, and drive off together, this time knowing things turned out a lot better than they initially thought.
>>
If the prequel gives creedence to any side of the Bae/Bay war there will be meltdowns
>>
>>180034958
-Prequel and bonus episode developed by Deck Nine, totally independent of DONTNOD.
-Season 2 developed by DONTNOD. New cast, story, and setting.
-The live-action series by Legendary Digital. No real news on that yet.
>>
>>180035150
The prequel footage I saw looked like garbage, Burch isn't a great VA but they found a worse one. Rachel was pretty qt.
The new setting and characters for the actual sequel worries me a little, but honestly I expected the original to be shit until I tried it so I'll wait and see. I'm just glad to hear they're separate games.
>>
>>180035240
If they would just show that the hospital is in a different town I could stop giving a shit along with half of /lisg/
>>
>>180035240
Deck Nine is obviously trying to avoid anything like that but any hints they give may inadvertently hint to something.
Only possibility though is further damaging the Bay side's narrative since any supernatural stuff happening would show Max's power is not the first occurrence.
I can't think of anything that could happen in the prequel that would hurt the Base side.
>>
>>180035042
Max found happiness without Chloe for a while, Chloe found happiness after Rachel.
>>
>>180035703
>Chloe found happiness after Rachel.
Did we play the same game?
>>
>>180035573
It seems to be a fairly large hospital for such a small town.
>>
File: 1497279593515.png (73KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1497279593515.png
73KB, 625x626px
>>180034113
>>
>>180035674
Rachel finds out Chloe needs to die at a certain time and dies trying to stop it. Or some other wacky BS
>>
>>180035573
It's far enough that it's not visible from the lighthouse cliff and far enough that Chloe had to drive Max to it. For stuff in the town such as Two Whales, the beach, or Chloe's house, Max could take a shuttle from Blackwell.
Hospital is somewhere outside of Arcadia Bay and even if it was in the town it would be built sturdy and with a shelter for patients in the event of bad weather.
>>
>>180035756
Uh, Max became that happiness? Hello? Arn't you a Baefag?

>>180035818
Not a response
>>
>>180035790
>>180035846
Thanks for the reassurance, anons. Although given that it was a magical apocalypse storm if it was in the town it would be wrecked.
>>
File: 5WW8S47.png (225KB, 356x364px) Image search: [Google]
5WW8S47.png
225KB, 356x364px
>>
>>180035834
I've considered that and it is possible Rachel did save Chloe and then handed her powers to Max after she died. Sticking around as the spirit doe to observe and guide Max and see that Chloe got her closure.
However since we're playing from Chloe's point of view, we would never know since it's obvious Rachel never told Chloe about any kind of power. It would only be much later on as Chloe thought about Rachel that she may realize Rachel had the same power Max does. Which would be bone-chilling to see that realization.
>>
>>180036046
Even stuff that was in the town wasnt super wrecked. A fortified building like a hospital would be fine based on the damage we saw.

Assuming it isnt just a failure of the art team to properly show the destruction.
>>
>>180035984
Chloe is constantly thinking about Rachel, Max is just a replacement and Chloe doesn't deserve her at all. I'm a Baefag, but only because it's what makes Max happy.
>>
So what's /lisg/'s thoughts on the new voice actor?

After watching through the gameplay vid twice, I don't think it sounds so bad - people got way angrier than they should have imo. There are even a couple of lines that sounded indistinguishable from Ashley.
>>
File: kate 420.jpg (54KB, 423x750px) Image search: [Google]
kate 420.jpg
54KB, 423x750px
>>180035984
>>
>>180036246
What I heard sounded like text-to-speech. Rachel sounded great though, who's the actress?
>>
>>180035818
I like this image.
>>
>>180036232
That is really unhealthy
>>
>>180036401
Yes it is, but Max's short-term happiness>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone in Arcadia Bay.
>>
>>180036046
>a magical apocalypse storm
It was an EF 2 or 3 tops. They happen every year in the US and despite some very nasty damage, there are usually few deaths.
>>
>>180036508
Hey, listen i'm proud of you for at least being honest with your priorities.

i'd be terrified to be around you in real life
>>
>>180036545
But the whole point was that everyone died. When they went back the next day no one was there.
>>
>>180036609
don't worry, I have no one in real life to feel that way about
>>
>>180036545
Man, I wish they just showed the fucking bodies

Instrumentality pretty much confirms everybody dies
>>
Here is a real question, because this isn't a tough dilemma for many Baefags, does that mean DONTNOD did a poor job getting people to care for Arcadia Bay and the side characters?
>>
File: Kingarkay Comic Edit.png (829KB, 741x2076px) Image search: [Google]
Kingarkay Comic Edit.png
829KB, 741x2076px
>>180036232
That's entirely wrong.
If anything Rachel was a replacement for Max, but even saying that is a big stretch and insult to Rachel since it's clear they were different and that Chloe was attracted to different aspects in both of them.
Chloe may have had feelings for Rachel, but Rachel didn't return them and was hiding things from Chloe. Max may have left Chloe for five years, but she's still who Chloe dreamed of since childhood. Max and Chloe bring out the absolute best in each other and very quickly after being together again they realize how much they were missing.
Even if Rachel was found safe and alive, I fully believe that Chloe would pursue a relationship with Max.
>>
>>180036629
>>180036721
Having even half a brain proves there's no way everybody died.
Tornadoes are not nukes.
>>
>>180036965
This makes me feel a little better, thanks anon.
>>
>>180037104
I agree, but the game basically tells you that everyone died. That's the root of the 2deep4u moral choice.
>>
>>180037104
Please, explain magic time tornados effect on a barely prepared town?
>>
>>180036908
Not at all. DONTNOD did a great job with the side characters and creating a town that felt believable. I cared about some of the side characters and felt bad for them, I hoped they found their own ways to survive or flee from the town. At the end of it, the ones who would be truly effected were Max and Chloe and I wasn't going to accept an ending unless they were alive and together. They are the only two who would ever know what Max truly went through and to separate them would them in one way or another.
We were never really shown anything conclusive in the town o I still do believe that most managed to survive.

Some may call that delusional or dodging but I see absolutely no reason to accept the worst case scenario when nothing was done to convince me that was the case.
>>
Prequel Chloe is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>180037380
You dont have to understand much about tornado mechanics to see with your eyes that the damage is F2 levels at most.

Plus you see a body covered with a blanket, unless the storm was kind and covered it up nicely, someone living did that.
>>
>>180037235
The game tells you nothing.

>>180037380
Please explain what the difference between a tornado spawned by magic and a tornado spawned by weather occurrences is.
We see the damage the tornado left behind, it's not even close to a complete wipe out. Not when the roads are clear and buildings are still standing.
>>
>>180037653
They drive through the destroyed town without a single person shown or heard. Also, if there are almost no casualties, how is it even a difficult choice?
>>
>>180036246
The new voice has grown on me quite a lot.

The problem, for me, is that Ashly Burch has a very distinctive voice, and she has continued to show up in more and more things over time. Even at the time of Season 1 I was already aware of her from a number of different web series (Hey Ash, the Team Fortress 2 stuff, etc), and she keeps showing up in video games, cartoons, and all sorts of things today. I can recognise her voice on sight (sound?). So when I go back to play Season 1, Chloe frequently doesn't sound like "Chloe" to me, she sounds like Ashly Burch. Max sounds like Max, Kate sounds like Kate, Nathan sounds like Nathan ... but Chloe sounds like Ash.

Chloe's new voice is different to her old one - perhaps a little too different - but it also doesn't sound like a "famous" person doing the lines any more. It feels a bit more "real" in this sense (although we might need to see a bit more - especially from the dramatic scenes - before we can judge how "real" it feels from an acting standpoint.)

So I'm remaining neutral. I think the new girl could absolutely win me over as long as BtS isn't total bullshit. Huge shoes to fill, but for me personally, she's got the above on her side.
>>
File: 1497549608592.jpg (364KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497549608592.jpg
364KB, 1080x1080px
>>180037563
Any Chloe is cute! Chloe is cute!
>>
>>180037853
Your "All or nothing" way of thinking is getting annoying and is entirely dishonest.
How did the bodies get covered up? How did any fires get extinguished? How did the roads get cleared?
We don't see anyone because Dontnod botched the art direction and didn't show us anything. Not because the entire town was killed.
>>
Are you going to play prequel Chloe as sweet and innocent or as a slutty bitch?
>>
>>180038085
Your "assuming the best when there is no proof" is just as annoying, and completely removes the challenge in the most important choice.

I'm sure maybe SOMEONE survived, but its obvious many many did not.

Or else the whole final choice is meaningless.
>>
>>180038085
And no one calls out to them for help as they drive past? No emergency services helping out?
Fine, let's assume you're right, because real-world (notably not magical video game world) logic is on your side. What's the big ethical dilemma that ends the game? Save your waifu or like 4 people who die in the storm?
>>
>>180038142
Sweet until we get that blue hair transformation
>>
>release date August 31
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>180038361
>needing to sacrifice the quality of the game in your eyes to justify your choice
>>
>>
>>180038535
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: tumblr_orgqlqSbSN1s0uhrqo1_1280.png (510KB, 658x1100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orgqlqSbSN1s0uhrqo1_1280.png
510KB, 658x1100px
>>180038142
I'll play her how I saw her in the original and how I thought of her: Not hurting random people who don't deserve it, but not above trying to get revenge if someone tries to hurt her or her friends. Chloe likes to show off if someone is watching. Any choices or dialogue options about Max will have her talking fondly of Caulfield and how she misses her.

So most choices will be trying to be nice unless I feel something poses a threat to Chloe. If I enjoy the game then I'll probably do a replay and just being as delinquent as possible. But the stats for that won't be recorded. If there are stats.
>>
>>180038631
> there wasn't anybody after the storm because the developers are bad, not because I made a bad decision and they all died
>>
>>180038636
>talking fondly of Caulfield and how she misses her
Wasn't she angry about being abandoned at the time? I imagine she would avoid the conversation entirely.
>>
>>180038260
>>180038361
Why does there need to be some huge ethical dilemma?
Every lesson Max could learn from the final choice she had already learned at another point in the game.
Are you so poor at reading into things that you do not understand subtly and meaning? Why do you need a visible disaster to get any kind of message?
>>
>>180038845
I think you might be replying to the wrong person.
>>
>>180038883
>Why does there need to be some huge ethical dilemma?
There doesn't need to be, but it's clearly meant to be, hence all the drama. You're taking this conversation in a weird and irrelevant direction.
>>
>>180038858
She was definitely upset but if she started remembering playing with Max or a particular moment then I think that'd make her smile and put her in a good mood for the moment.
Like the scene with her and Rachel looking through the binoculars, if Chloe starts having fun then Rachel may notice and ask why Chloe's so happy. That could be a time where something like "Just thinking of old times" would pop up as a choice.
>>
>>180038883
What the heck are you talking about
>>
guaranteed in the prequel chloe will keep talking about max and telling rachel how she would have liked her
>>
How old are Rachel and Chloe in this and how the fuck did they get into that party?
>>
>>180039175
She kept telling Max about Rachel so I can see it.
>>
>>180038915
I was agreeing with you but yeah I guess I could see how that would read weird
>>
>>180039036
You're the one who's been spending the whole thread deepthroating shoddy writing and trying to claim anybody who doesn't do the same is in the wrong.
Or saying that anyone who doesn't buy into your pessimistic belief that everybody dies in the storm is living in some kind of fairy tale land.
>>
>>180039169
What purpose does the storm serve in the story?
Why was its inclusion necessary? That's what I'm saying. Because I guarantee whatever answer you give I can say was already addressed earlier in the game.
>>
>>180039368
Oh, okay. Sorry for the confusion, it's late.
>>
>>180039406
If not too many people die in the storm, there was never a choice.

Also see:
>>180038845
>>
>>180039406
>>180039562
The purpose was to close out the story. Maybe it's shoddy writing, but the intention is to make you choose between one girl and an entire town of people.
On the other hand, you could say that Chloe and Max don't know shit about storms and just assume everyone is dead.
>>
>>180039641
There never WAS a choice. Bae 5ever.
>>
>Rachel caused the storm
>Max goes back and saves Rachel
>Rachel tells the truth to Chloe
>Max and Chloe get together
>Storm never happens

THE END
>>
Rachel seems kind of bipolar.
>>
>>180039770
Sounds fine to me.
>>
Will the new protagonists be cute girls again?
>>
>>180039782
she's getting upset by future events and rewinding, obviously

>>180039895
I'm half expecting gay guys this time
>>
>>180039770
What is the developers are Bayfags?
>>
>>180040003
>gay guys
That would just show that the devs have no clue why the original was popular.
>>
>>180039782
That's not Bipolar, you uneducated retard.
>>
>>180040103
If they were, they wouldn't have let you choose bae.
>>
>>180039770
Yes but I want it to be a 30 hour masterpiece of story telling with a perfect ambiance and sound track. I also want the original voice cast to reprise their roles.

It's absolute bullshit that a game so voice performance driven basically has an entirely new cast.
>>
>>180040114
I genuinely dont think they do get it.
>>
>>180040003
Please no
>>
>>180040114
The reason the original was popular was because it appealed to an unserved audience: gay women, and those who prefer more narrative games.
>>
>>180040134
>hey Chloe let's do this
>okay
>now I'm angry because I don't want to do this
>okay let's do what you want
>proceeds to be sulky
>hey what's wrong
>fuck you we aren't friends anymore
>>
>>180040183
I mean the before the storm devs
>>
>>180040263
You're silly, anon.
>>
>>180040351
Oh yeah, that would suck.
>>
>>180040263
The original was popular because it BTFO all other story based games, actually had an awesome gameplay element attached, fetishized modern America in a way never seen before and actually made it appealing, and overall made an awesome story.

Gay ladies are just the cherry on top. Gay men WILL fracture the fanbase HARD.
>>
>>180039717
The story wasn't closed out by the the storm, it was stopped abruptly. Max and Chloe just leave and we're not told anything of what happened.
The storm was the single worse thing included in the game by far and it could have had a much more fitting and interesting conclusion without it.
>>
>>180039782
>>180040314
We weren't shown those full scenes. They were skipping parts and showing little glimpses so they may make more sense in the full context of the game.

>>180040103
Then there's nothing they can do. They've already said they're not going give away or ruin anything already established so there's no way to try to hint to the Bay ending.
They could be the biggest bayfags possible but since it's a prequel they can do nothing to advance such an agenda. If they're Baefriends then they could give little hints about a storm or about supernatural powers but since they said they want to be neutral, I wouldn't expect that either.
>>
>>180040645
That too. It took a different spin on narrative games, put women in the protagonist roles, romanticized American culture, and delivered a pair of women in a developing romantic relationship, serving an underserved audience.

Lesbians are a significant portion of the fandom.
>>
>>180039176
Chloe is 16, I dont know about Rachel, probably the same. It's an illegal concert in an abandoned building, I don't think security is a thing.
>>
File: 20170512_183935.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170512_183935.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>
>>180041096
What would cause more butthurt, two gay men or an unambiguously straight white male protagonist.
>>
>>180040849
It could but it didn't.
>>
Let's get more suggestions for bingo!
>>
>>180041270
The second one, obviously.
>>
>>180041270
It's all the same, straight white male, gay Latino men, trans-queer femboy multiracial otherkin, if it isn't dorky white (preferably lesbian) teenage girls I probably won't play it.
>>
>>180041270
the latter

I predict the next main protagonist will be an Asian girl though
>>
>>180041359
>Chloe references Max
>Chloe says "Hella" for the first time
>Chloe flirts with Rachel
>Jefferson is referenced
>Pompidou is referenced
>David is a topcunt
>>
File: 1493554943380.png (731KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1493554943380.png
731KB, 595x842px
No matter what happens, Pricefield will live on!
>>
>>180041359
"Trying pot for the first time"
>>
>>180041467
If it isn't lesbians in some form, I will never return here, again.
>>
>>180041856
I'll still be here for the original and hopefully the prequel.
is it completely stupid to hope the live-action is good
>>
>>180041727
Chloe already met Frank in the first episode, and he said that she bought pot from him every month for a year.
>>
>>180042130
Here's your pity reply.
>>
>>180042130
huh
>>
>>180042130
I'll avoid engaging to avoid misplaced political conversation, but holy shit taste
>>
>>180041270
What does anyone care? Gay, straight and bi are just a description of someones preferences. That's like being butthurt over what flavor of ice cream the protagonist prefers. Sure it could be seen as pandering or ripping off moonlight, but anyone interested in the game shouldn't let that get in the way of enjoying overall experience, if it works then it works. Unless they're just looking for fap material I suppose.
>>
>>180042763
Many men feel uncomfortable receiving male attention in a game.
>>
>>180042763
I want more cute nerdy girls being gay nerds. That's why I care.
>>
File: forever_by_krawekul-db8naar.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
forever_by_krawekul-db8naar.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>180041660
>>
>>180041660
It's a shame we didn't get to see an epilogue of Chloe, Joyce, and David acting like a family after some time has passed and after they've all gotten counseling. Like the Summer after the storm they do their first real family barbecue and invite the Caulfields over.
>>
>>180043110
Anon, they're dead.
>>
>>180043110
They are probably dead?
>>
They're alive.
>>
>>180041359
Were you making one with stuff from last thread?
Any work-in-progress cards?
>>
File: tumblr_o43t7635EZ1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg (242KB, 1280x748px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o43t7635EZ1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg
242KB, 1280x748px
>>
File: 1495336272111.jpg (991KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495336272111.jpg
991KB, 1200x900px
>>180043790
How do they afford such trips?
>>
File: tumblr_odmfvgJ6JT1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg (187KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odmfvgJ6JT1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg
187KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>180043589
No, I'm not the one making them.
>>
>>180043984
time travel and playing the stockmarket are a potent combination
>>
File: CsTHyVJUkAEekfi.jpg (69KB, 718x730px) Image search: [Google]
CsTHyVJUkAEekfi.jpg
69KB, 718x730px
>>180043984
Max sells her photos and wins contests, Chloe makes good money fixing and detailing cars.
When they get older, they both work teaching at Blackwell which pays very nicely.
>>
>>180044735
Blackwell is gone.
>>
>>180042961
Weird. People should be willing to go outside of their comfort zones and look at the world from a different perceptive.

>>180043069
There's so many other works of fiction to scratch that itch for you, there's an entire board dedicated to sapphic work that would happily recommended you some. LiS doesn't start and end with "gay girls". If you're just looking for fap material check out tubekitty. Good variety.
>>
>>180044925
even assuming the storm completely leveled the place (unlikely), it could be rebuilt
>>
>>180045026
It's not weird at all.
>>
>>180045089
It's weird to think that media would never make you uncomfortable. It's weird to want media to never make you uncomfortable. It's weird to want everything to pander to you. You don't have to insert yourself into a situation in order to be engaged by it, or at the very least not butthurt by it.
>>
>>180045026
>LiS doesn't start and end with gay girls
>starts with Max and others in class
>ends with Max and Chloe
It literally does.
>>
>>180043984
>the blue due slowly growing out
Nice.
>>
I took a big step out of my comfort zone for LiS and I ended up loving it more than i ever could have thought.
I don't care that much about what the characters for S2 are, as long as I like and enjoy who they are. Max and Chloe worked because of their relationship and personalities, not because of their orientation or whatever.
>>
>yfw Kate is in the prequel
>>
>>180046296
It's a pretty nice look. I think eventually Chloe would let it go blonde for a bit.
But she'd end up dyeing it again at some point. Maybe her trademark blue or maybe something new. Plenty of time to try different colors and combos if she wanted.
>>
>>180046409
They said she won't be.
>>
File: Hannah-Telle.jpg (4MB, 2206x2376px) Image search: [Google]
Hannah-Telle.jpg
4MB, 2206x2376px
Max's VA is a QT
>>
>>180046598
No, no waifuing! Fuck this dumb objectification.
>>
>>180045974
It would be unintentional uncomfortable feelings in inappropriate situations. Different than say, Texas Chainsaw Massacre making you uncomfortable.

Immersion is a big part of interactive storytelling. I can play a dopey girl who likes girls, playing a man who likes men would be tough.
>>
>>180046753
what? I'm pretty sure calling someone cute isn't ''waifuing''
>>
>>180046598
isnt she a warrenfag though?
>>
File: MaxChloeKateVoices.jpg (56KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
MaxChloeKateVoices.jpg
56KB, 612x612px
>>180046598
>>
>>180047157
yes but that was before she played the game
>>
File: 1475423019583.png (265KB, 645x547px) Image search: [Google]
1475423019583.png
265KB, 645x547px
>>180047157
>>180047379
>>
>>180046598
Just like Max. Hannah's story is pretty similar to Kate's though which is why she sounds so honest in the scene where Max is talking to Kate on the roof.

>>180047176
Makes me sad we won't hear them in the prequel. Totally willing to give the new VAs a chance and prove themselves, but I'll still miss these three and any others.
>>
why so much kate love but almost no dana love
>>
File: tumblr_o1vrjfGWPB1uzzqmio1_500.jpg (105KB, 428x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1vrjfGWPB1uzzqmio1_500.jpg
105KB, 428x700px
>>180048084
>>
File: 1497581172457.jpg (81KB, 640x529px) Image search: [Google]
1497581172457.jpg
81KB, 640x529px
ZA WARUDO
WOWSER WOWSER WOWSER HELLA HELLA HELLA
>>
>>180046198
It starts with a menu screen and ends with a series of statistics about different players choices, if we're taking it literally. None of the other girls are gay so it's inaccurate to say it starts with gay girls, just a gay girl. If your gonna Spock you gotta go full Spock my dude.

>>180046887
>It would be unintentional uncomfortable feelings in inappropriate situations
The game can't pander to everyone. If it makes you uncomfortable that's your problem, not the games. It's weird that you think the game would pander to you specifically. Texas Chainsaw Massacre never made me uncomfortable, but I wouldn't say it caused unintentional comfyness. I'm just personally not affected by it.

>I can play a dopey girl who likes girls, playing a man who likes men would be tough.
Again, it's weird that you think the game should pander to you. It's weird that you think your own immersion is more valuable than a gay guy's would be. It's entirely your problem if a relationship between two men makes the game less immersive. I guess you can be butthurt at yourself, but that's weird to me too. But if it hinders your immersion it hinder your immersion. I just see sexuality as an inconsequential aspect of the character, I don't think it defines them, and therefore it doesn't define me by controlling them. Just like I'm not defined by my love for sherbet ice cream, nor is my immersion challenged when the player character prefers passion fruit swirl.
>>
File: P9SU0bX.png (215KB, 540x392px) Image search: [Google]
P9SU0bX.png
215KB, 540x392px
>>180048710
Eh I don't mind a bit of Dana
>>
>>180049219
I don't a problem ignoring what I don't want, the issue stems from the many many straight men and gay women who make up the LiS fandom and their reaction. Sure you're a big boy and can handle whatever, but many of us don't want to see that, can't relate and it makes it 15x harder for the character to be likable.
>>
>>180049593
Alternatively if its like LiS and there is subtext but you can go straight for a side character and bro out with your possible love interest i'd be fine.
>>
File: jojo_chloe-800x650.png (345KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
jojo_chloe-800x650.png
345KB, 800x650px
>>180049046
HINJAKU HINJAKU
>>
>in episode 3, Max calls up Warren and he says something which causes her to reply 'Just bubblehearth, you'll be fine!'
>this is a reference to an ability in WoW where paladins can use an invulnerability shield and teleport away from danger
>this takes place in october of 2013, during the Mists of Pandaria expansion
>during MoP, the only way to bubblehearth was to have either bought or crafted a special item that allowed you to do it

Friendly reminder Warren went out of his way to be able to be a pussy in a video game
>>
>>180049593
>Sure you're a big boy and can handle whatever
So it's immaturity then. I guess that does make sense. If you can't relate to, or find a gay man likable that really is your problem. The game shouldn't pander to your problems, nor should you expect it to or be butthurt when it doesn't. But you do you.

>>180049874
Then you'd probably have to deal with people saying you didn't "follow the characters true feelings" or "He's not an RPG character". Sounds like raw deal either way.
>>
>>180050191
To be fair, Max suggesting he do it doesn't mean he can, just that she knows what it is.
>>
>>180050348
That may be even more emasculating: she just assumes he's the kind of coward who'd have the required item
>>
>>180050305
Stop making assumptions thats very bigoted of you.

I just don't want to deal with it, no anger, no problem, if it doesn't pander to me than I don't purchase and move along my merry way. At this point the original LiS is a miracle anyway because I almost exclusively play games for gameplay, so if it isn't for me its fine.

Most wont react the same way though, lesbians included.

>people will say blah blah

Yeah people bitch, its what they do.
>>
PRICEFIELD 4EVER
>>
File: 1452122512165.jpg (283KB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
1452122512165.jpg
283KB, 1280x716px
and ever
>>
>>180050614
>Stop making assumptions
Like assuming people find gay men 15x harder to relate to.

>I just don't want to deal with it, no anger, no problem
>so if it isn't for me its fine
Then you aren't really butthurt. I was asking why anyone would care enough to be butthurt over it. That's why I responded to the post I did, instead of just posting to the thread.

>Most wont react the same way though, lesbians included.
You keep saying that but I don't really see it. I don't expect you to cite sources or anything but you're making a pretty big assumption.

>Yeah people bitch, its what they do.
Of course. But they get particularly autistic over certain things though. Call Max a blank slate sometime you'll see what I mean.
>>
File: spookyscaryskeleton.jpg (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spookyscaryskeleton.jpg
248KB, 1920x1080px
>when people ask me why i sacrificed the bay
>>
>>180051979
I think you'll be surprised if you don't think most men will care that they are playing a gay male character doing gay male stuff.

But it doesn't matter, hypothetical of a hypothetical, no reason to bicker about it.
>>
File: Chloe and Horny.jpg (397KB, 800x877px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe and Horny.jpg
397KB, 800x877px
Dear Square Enix, DONTNOD, and Deck Nine Games,
You should give Chloe a goat that she finds and keeps as a pet during the prequel. Later on she lets him go to a farm outside of Arcadia Bay where she can visit him, which is why he's not present during Season 1. She eventually takes him back in once she has a house with Max. It would be hella cool.

Love, Anon.
>>
>>180052376
They can munch carpet together
>>
>>180052376
Dear Square Enix, DONTNOD, and Deck Nine Games,
I second this request.
Love, Another Anon.
>>
File: 1496800840806.jpg (857KB, 1500x739px) Image search: [Google]
1496800840806.jpg
857KB, 1500x739px
>>
>>180053002
This one is so nice. everyone just hanging out like regular teens.
>>
File: 1496987074845.gif (650KB, 608x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496987074845.gif
650KB, 608x800px
>>180052376
I third this request
>>
>>180049219
I agree wholeheartedly with what you're saying here, but seeing another argument involving you reminds me of something I tried to ask you about four months ago.
Several of us argued over LiS in general (mere mimesis, thematic handling of time travel, etc), and you made clear your rather tepid opinion of the game, but refused to subsequently explain why you hung out in /lisg/ at all.

Can't hurt to try again: why namefag over the course of months and write paragraph upon paragraph worth of debate and discussion regarding a game you don't particularly care for?
>>
Hey, I'm looking to play this with my 11 y/o sister, is there anything that would be too much to expose her to? Violence and romance is fine, but not too much

I know about the lesbians, my older sister is a lesbian, but how much is showed? Do they imply sex, show kissing, etc.

Strange question, I know, but my sister lives watching me play vidya
>>
>>180055003
Max can quickly kiss Chloe once as part of a dare, and she gives her a romantic kiss in one ending depending on your choices. Its implied other characters have sex, but not Max or Chloe during the course of the game. A fair amount of swearing if you care about that. No over the top violence really.
>>
>>180055003
I don't know if an 11 yo would fully understand what's going on. There's mentions of people drugged, suicide, and euthanasia. I could see stuff like messing with a kid. Plus it's a high school story so actually knowing what high school is like as another level of understanding.
As for stuff shown is a shower scene with no nudity, a peck on the lips, violence, and some kissing later on.
>>
>>180055003
I mean, there's strong language. The violence is rather minimal though.
>>
>>180055003
Not for 11 year olds
>>
>>180055003
Most violent scenes are someone getting beaten until they cry and someone getting shot in the head. Otherwise almost everything else violent is obscured in some way or you're forced to rewind before anything graphic. There's still some pretty emotionally heavy stuff that might freak out a kid though.
>>
>>180055689
People really underestimate 11 year olds. I played GTA3 when I was 11 and now I'm a perfectly normal adult shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>180056041
It's not so much the violence, but the context of it.
It's one thing to see some random NPC get killed or hurt. But when it's a character you've come to know, it has another effect to it. It goes from something you glance at to something you feel a lot of sympathy and pain for.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_orazs4wESr1t4zp1mo1_1280.png (1MB, 703x1042px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orazs4wESr1t4zp1mo1_1280.png
1MB, 703x1042px
NEVER GO FULL WARREN
>>
>>180056972
Difference between Max and Warren is Max doesn't lead people on or go after people that clearly don't return the feelings
>>
File: 1469263840496.jpg (473KB, 900x2024px) Image search: [Google]
1469263840496.jpg
473KB, 900x2024px
>>
File: 4513f2abecf7bbe2ba28c33eb4574861.png (868KB, 1000x794px) Image search: [Google]
4513f2abecf7bbe2ba28c33eb4574861.png
868KB, 1000x794px
>>
>>180057528
me on the right
>>
File: 1496267492781.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496267492781.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
WHAT COULD IT MEAN
>>
>>180058067
Rachel, Chloe, and Frank are having a bonfire and getting drunk. Rachel becomes unamused with the punt fire and pours something on it that really gets it going. The fire quickly grows and ignites the tree. The tree weakens and falls onto Chloe, Rachel saves her.
This is the event where Rachel saves. Also where Rachel and Chloe start to grow closer as friends.
>>
night
>>
They break into somewhere while investigating and...find a hot tub to use.
Never change, girls.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12508305/11/Small-Things
>>
>>180058757
Sweet dreams, Anon.

Interesting that they're listening to different music. Pics like that are usually one headphone for each of them. Maybe they decided to swap phones and give each others music a try.
>>
>>180058757
night
>>
tfw just finished the game for the first time. Kate's hospital wasn't in the path of the tornado, was it? It seemed like a big building so maybe it was in another town, r-right?
>>
File: chloe smile.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chloe smile.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
are you gonna buy her game?
>>
>>180059686
It's far enough that Max needs Chloe to drive her to it and that it wasn't visible from the cliff.

>>180059715
I'm going to protect that smile as best as I can until Max gets back to do it!
>>
>>180059715
I'm super skeptical about it considering basically none of the original VAs are coming back and it isnt written by dontnod

Already preordered the deluxe edition though
>>
File: Galaxy Defenders.png (202KB, 700x568px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy Defenders.png
202KB, 700x568px
>>180054449
I recall saying I couldn't think of an on-topic way to respond, that my arguments should be judged by their own merits, and that I'm my own least interesting subject. These things are still true, but I appreciate your persistence so I shall answer. Firstly I'm not sure where you got the idea I don't care for the game. I can critique things I care about, in fact, I mostly critique things I care about. Though I would prefer to view LiS as a Pastiche, I can't deny that "mere Mimesis" is a perfectly valid critique. I also can't deny that the game has no idea what it's doing with the time travel mechanic. That doesn't mean I dislike the game, it just means I don't consider it a revolutionary experience. Something doesn't have to be "revolutionary" or "important" for me to like it. I'm a dogs playing poker kinda guy. I'd watch Men in Black over Lawrence of Arabia any day, but I'd never argue it's actually a superior film, just that I enjoy it more. But even if I didn't care for the game I could still enjoy discussing it, that's why I don't care about opinions. I'd rather talk to someone making a good argument for why the game's shit than a bad argument about why it's good.

Hope that satiates your curiosity.
>>
File: Frank Bowers Memery.jpg (198KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Frank Bowers Memery.jpg
198KB, 1280x800px
>>180059962
Frank's VA came back. Or a very good impersonator is filling in.
>>
>be pompidou
>get shot

not in my playthrough at least
>>
>>180060839
Pretty sure it's his original.
>>
File: 1450308347706.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450308347706.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>180060839
>be a fighting dog
>some shady man that lives in a car saves you
>a big CAR
>live happily, master only asks for protection
>I got this, attack hostiles
>things go haywire, I get shot, so does master
>have to ask for snacks in texts
>please forgive me master
>>
I don't know how or why anyone left it with Frank and Pompidou dead. Even if you didn't like Frank, he didn't deserve that. Neither does Chloe having to burden the horror that she killed her friend even if it was in self defense.
>>
When does the depression from this game stop? I've never been this depressed over a video game before.
>>
>>180064683
It doesn't really. Best you can do is indulge in cuteposting, reading fanfics, and talking about stuff here.
>>
File: th.jpg (17KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
17KB, 300x298px
After months of investigation, I, Detective Dorothy have gathered a mass of evidnece indicating that Max and Chloe are not mere gal pals, but, in fact, are a lesbian couple.

Many young women hold the hands of their friends and family, but not on a daily basis with the same one while walking to class, strolls on beaches and while burying each others faces in their crotches.

I've also collected photographs of them eating sphagetti, sometimes the same noodle, in the rebuilt Two Whales diner, despite the Italian dishes not being on the menu. Chloe's mother serves them the dish. Joyce Madsen spends sometimes many hours setting up a red table clothe, lighting candles throughout the normally lightly ornamented restaurant and leaving the keys to the restaurant while they carouse noisily in the kitchen screaming each other's names while she holds hands with her husband David.

An anonymous source has provided me with SMS communications on days when Max was carousing in the diner with Price, shaking her bony white ass in one of their rooms or hugged Chloe's face with her thighs. She told the anonymous source that she wanted to hang out, but already had plans.

The only evidence supporting that they are not lesbians is their inhuman mating call of “Choo-choo!” Nothing explains that. No organism in the history of Earth has made such a sound when courting a mate.

It should also be known that, as result of my investigations, I've discovered that LineBreaks anon is functionally retarded. He wears a helmet outside of sports activities, thinks "Hello trannyfaggot man" is as witty as Kate Marsh, Evangelical Republican and screams REEEE whenever his mom laughs at Bayest's posts. He should be ashamed of himself, for he is an embarrassment to Baefags everywhere.

I love you German friend.
>>
File: prescottdrive.png (430KB, 441x640px) Image search: [Google]
prescottdrive.png
430KB, 441x640px
>notice game is free with PS Plus
>dont know anything about it other than it has hipster lesbians and I know the stupid ending choice from memes
>figure what the fuck, I'll give it a shot, I dont have anything else to do for the weekend anyways
>know I'm gonna pick the ending to sacrifice Chloe and save the town from the start, because its clearly the correct choice
>in episode 1, learn chloe has blue hair, double parks in handicap spots, drinks and smokes heavily, and is just super bitchy in general
>think 'fuck this choice is gonna be the easiest thing I've ever done, I see why people hated the endings with such an easy choice'
>actually identify super strongly with max though, aside from the camera and vagina, we're basically the same person
>start episode 2
>chloe grows on me a bit, still not crazy about her
>episode 3
>starting to actually like chloe a lot now
>like her for all the same reasons max likes her, she's the opposite of me, she's the kind of person I wish I knew, the kind of person I wish I could hang out with
>episode 4
>chloe finding rachel completely breaks me, I want do do absolutely everything I can to keep her from ever being sad again, I'm basically in love with this fucking hipster lesbian at this point
>episode 5
>sacrifice the town, not even a second of thought, I cant lose Chloe
>ending stats: 47% saved chloe, 53% sacrificed her
>the fact that more people sacrificed her than saved her fucking destroys me, and I didnt even make that choice
>super fucking depressed now

Maybe I shouldnt have binged the whole game in one uninterrupted session.

In short, fuck this game, why do I care so god damned much

Captcha fucking taunting me too
>>
File: yummy.jpg (19KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
yummy.jpg
19KB, 450x338px
>>180066394
Well done Dorothy. Have a carrot.
>>
>>180066771
Why don't I get a carrot?
>>
File: Here you are.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Here you are.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>180066841
You can have one too Alice.
>>
File: tumblr_nzolsdsj8S1qiuewko1_1280.png (116KB, 560x650px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzolsdsj8S1qiuewko1_1280.png
116KB, 560x650px
I've discovered Bayest is so goddam retarded and petty that they will disregard all your posts and arguments because you insulted them once, but then they will insult you and fully expect you to take it. The Bayest cries out in pain as it hits you.
Any criticism leveled towards them is dismissed as some kind of phobia or creating a boogeyman and they will focus on one or two posts made in the past and bring them up whenever they know they have been defeated.
They can't win a single argument, and haven't in their months here, so they just settle for trying to tear everyone else down.

They will harass and insult you, shit all over the general, and then expect you to suck up to them bow to their "contributions" and claim that they're not that bad. They think acting like an infantile fucktard will excuse their "satire" when in reality it's just shitposting and /pol/ LARPing. They will create multiple personas to fish for (you)s and then play some gotcha game when you inevitably end up replying to one of their multiple-personalities. An attention whore that occasionally dyes her hair to change things up, but still goes through the same daily routine of sucking cocks.

Do not waste your time replying to them. It will only cost you brain cells.
>>
File: 117241668_b0bc62928c-1.jpg (307KB, 521x463px) Image search: [Google]
117241668_b0bc62928c-1.jpg
307KB, 521x463px
>>180066930
Thank you, Momma.

I don't understand though. If Chloe and Aunt Max are my aunts, they are your sisters, but they don't look like you or live in our house.

Why did you lie to me?
>>
>>180067160
The real Alice would know that family isn't just about being related by blood.
>>
File: Chloe Alley Flannel.jpg (3MB, 2559x3337px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe Alley Flannel.jpg
3MB, 2559x3337px
>>180058918
It's not a surprise. Their tastes in music are much different.
>>
>>180046519
FUCK
>>
>>180067304
The real Alice would know that the only family are the followers of God, not some heathen harlots, lovers of vagine.
>>
>>180049219
>none of the other girls are gay
doubt.jpg
>>
File: I'm fine.jpg (190KB, 442x650px) Image search: [Google]
I'm fine.jpg
190KB, 442x650px
Consider the following:

we create a kickstarter to finance Max's and Chloe's voice actresses and some uber SFM pro to make a true happy ending for Life is Strange. S-sound great, right? :(
>>
I want to marry Max and hold her _hand!
>>
File: 1475989114043.jpg (798KB, 4356x3006px) Image search: [Google]
1475989114043.jpg
798KB, 4356x3006px
>>180067547
Fuck off already you worthless cunt! Nobody likes you and you're presence ruins the general.
>>
I always come here if I want to see idiots fight and you guys never disappoint.
>>
>>180067630
>Chloe's
Are you willing to pay her royalties?
>>
>>180067862
I actually like to think that Ashly would take part in such a fan project for free but who am I kidding
>>
>>180067915
I would believe that Max's and even the other characters would but Burch is the greediest bitch.
>>
>>180066531
>sacrifice the town, not even a second of thought, I cant lose Chloe

nicely done
>>
>>180066531
You did what most of us did.
>>
>>180067630
A nice ending could be created even without dialogue. I mean as nice as it would be to hear Hannah and Ashly together one more time, when you think about it the other parts of the game just have music accompanying whatever is shown on the screen.
It may be more fitting to not have voices in such a scene. Just them being happy together and showing flashes of their adventures together and them with friends and family.
After two years I still think Molli's idea for an epilogue is still the best, showing those flashes as photos that turn out to be in a scrap book Max and Chloe have been making.
>>
>>180066531
Welcome to /lisg/, you're among friends.
Don't let anyone ever tell you that you were wrong to give these two wonderful women the happiness they deserve.
>>
>>180067709
we know, Chloe
>>
We know that Joyce, Principal Wells and David will return in Before the Storm, but what about their VAs from the first game?
>>
>>180068324
Why was Principal Wells such a dick?
>>
File: 1460338523608.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1460338523608.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
Sleep tight, pirates.
Sailing the sea dreams. Even though waking up together is sweeter than any dream (Well except for maybe the one involving giant pancakes and endless syrup)
>>
I sacrificed the town because I honestly didn't like anyone in it. I don't care for any of that "tornados aren't dangerous" shit. As far as I'm concerned they all died in hilarious ways. Especially Warryn.
>>
>>180068843
Honestly though, you see that tornado coming, you leave. Its not fucking hard. No sympathy for the idiots who stuck around. Especially people like that idiot Evan, out taking pictures in the storm? Darwin would cry if I saved his life.
>>
>>180068324
There was a thread on the subreddit yesterday which was listing out the Season 1 voice actors, and whether they're members of the same union as Ashly (and therefore, part of the strike). I can't seem to find it anymore though ...

Anyway, it seems like most of the main VAs are union members. We already know Ash and Nik can't reprise their roles because of the strike. Joyce's VA isn't a member, but she's a member of a British BAFTA-related union, and it's not clear whether they're striking too? William's VA is a member, though I can't remember about David's. They couldn't find whether Victoria's VA was in the union (Victoria has already been mentioned in-game, so there's a chance she'll appear in the Blackwell scene(s)). I can't remember about Frank's ... I just can't tell if that's his Season 1 VA in the pre-release footage or not. If it's not, the new VA matches pretty well.

So, yeah, my memory about who was with what union is totally hazy, but it looked like most were probably affected to some extent. The message, I think, is that we should just go in expecting pretty much everyone to be new. If there's one or two returning alumni, they'll be a welcome surprise.
>>
>>180069056
Really this game should have been delayed till the strike was over. No Chloe should have been a dealbreaker by itself, but most of the cast not able to return? Why bother pushing it out?
>>
Is the Victoria prequel out yet
>>
>>180069225
I mean, I agree with you in principle. The whole point of making the prequel was to satisfy the fan's desires to see many of these characters again. To then be forced to replace most (all?) of their voice actors feels like a pretty big blow to the whole idea.

But, at the same time, it's unrealistic to expect the game to be significantly delayed. The company needs to work on something, and a delay for voice actors on an indefinite strike means they'd need to focus on an entirely different game. This would push BtS back by at least several years. There's a lot that can happen in those years, so there's no real guarantee that the game would be waiting for them at the other end.
>>
>>180069924
They said they've been working on the game for a year now - had the strike already started this time last year?

If they knew there was a strike at the beginning that involved among others the central character of their project, they shouldn't have gone through with the project. I don't know how these things work, but surely game developers do not start working on an entry to a franchise only to later contact the franchise-related voice actors they need?
>>
File: confused helper.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
confused helper.png
98KB, 612x491px
So if there is not going to be a Max in BtS, there won't be any time travel mechanics? Is it just going to be focus on the characters and not have puzzles?
>>
>>180072060
Yes, fool.
>>
>>180069225
I prefer new Chloe desu
>>
>>180072060
((((puzzles))))
>>
>>180072868
Same, personally I just don't like Ashly's voice. I thought her as Tiny Tina is a great fit, but she really bothers me as Chloe somehow. I was watching the BtS trailer and immediately liked Chloe's new voice, can't wait for the game
>>
>>180073325
>>180072868
>this level of shit taste
>>
File: OTP.jpg (2MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
OTP.jpg
2MB, 3000x1688px
Stop arguing, post cute and remember: Pricefield 4ever
>>
>>180059715
What's up with Chloe's constant shit-eating grin?
>>
File: Screenshot.png (48KB, 464x404px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
48KB, 464x404px
>>180059715
Already did
>>
>playing a cuck Chloe game
>>
>>180073713
(You)
>>
>>180074495
What? Why is that a "You" post?

>I'm going to deflect criticism with accusations of attention whoring
>>
>>180075567
I just can't imagine anyone having taste as shit as yours.
>>
>>180075883
I can't imagine anyone having such absolute awful, imperceptive, objectively incorrect tastes in performance art.
>>
>>180075963
>liking Ashly Burch
>>
>>180076112
>not liking her
>in either her talent, or personality
>>
>>180077003
Both are shit, anon.
>>
>>180078019
Your bait is shit
>>
>>180078119
>liking Ashly Burch
>>
File: bLUaY4t.png (345KB, 874x347px) Image search: [Google]
bLUaY4t.png
345KB, 874x347px
>>180074341
Same.
>>
>>180059962
I don't care about the VA's, most characters are new and Frank has the same VA.
>>
>>180078796
Yeah, right, because Frank's VA retention is the thing that matters....
>>
>>
>>180080304
Name one other returning character who matters.
>>
>>180080342
What are we going to do on the bed?
>>
>>180080548
Joyce and David.
>>
>>180080548
>Joyce
>David
>fucking Chloe
>fucking Nathan
>FUCKING STICKY ICKY TRICKY VICKY
>>
>>180081172
You forgot Victoria too.
>>
File: Life Is Strange™_20170303010929.png (1015KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Life Is Strange™_20170303010929.png
1015KB, 1920x1080px
>>180080668
>>
>>180081137
lol
>>
>>180081172
Nu-Chloe is better though.
>>
>>180081716
>Nu-Chloe isn't shit
ftfy
>>
>>180081716
Nu-Chloe is fine but the contrast between her and OG-Chloe is jarring.
>>
Can't wait for the Victoria face off.
>>
I WANT CHLOE TO FUCK VICTORIA.
>>
>>180060839
Not the original one. The original was Daniel Bonjour, and he was too not able to return because of the VA strike.
But in any way the new one is so indistinguishable you only recognize it when you hear it.
>>
>>180016135
So can Max not do anything about Jefferson and Nathan? In the original time line she wouldn't be aware that they're the ones making people disappear, so if in the bay ending time line she told someone and saved herself and Victoria, wouldn't that alter the timeline and cause the storm?
>>
File: 1470453301795.jpg (73KB, 564x753px) Image search: [Google]
1470453301795.jpg
73KB, 564x753px
Morning
>>
>>180084071
There was a definite discrepancy. I think Frank's new VA sounds shit. I prefer the original.
>>
>>180060839
I love this picture.
>>
>>180060839
His name is a reference to a dog's "bow-wow", surely.
>>
File: 1496522987723.jpg (239KB, 1280x709px) Image search: [Google]
1496522987723.jpg
239KB, 1280x709px
LIFE IS MAX
>>
>>180074341
>>180078734
Same.
>>
>>180059715
I did. I promised a giveaway once it's released to the poorfags who can't afford it as well.
>>
>>180073713
It was obvious from the second the trailer dropped that there would soon be contrarians claiming Rhianna is the better Chloe

>>180084071
Damn, I was sure it was a new person but someone told me it was Bonjour. Fake news I guess.
>>
>>180084792
Good morning!
>>
File: 1484675845252.jpg (147KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1484675845252.jpg
147KB, 1191x670px
>>180086276
>Listen, I'm gonna let you finish, but ___

The new VA didn't sound bad. It'd be better with the original cast, but a Chloeventure is better than no Chloeventure.
>>
File: 1462164159292.png (233KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
1462164159292.png
233KB, 500x544px
>We will never Kate play her violin
>>
>>180086276
In any way, no matter if he's new or not, he does a good job, so that's my approval there :D
>>
File: 1462984490643.jpg (80KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1462984490643.jpg
80KB, 604x604px
>>180087757
*hear
>>
>>180088106
Go fuck yourself, you narratively illiterate attention whore.
>>
>>180084385
It's shown that she does it and that it doesn't cause the storm, so I guess not.
>>
>>180084385
Jefferson gets busted because Nathan talks to the police after being taken in. This is of course nothing Max could have known before going back, it's one of the various giant risk you are taking when you go back.
>>
> calling it Life is Strange: Before the Storm
> Not calling it Life is Hella Strange
Those deckchair guys fucked up.
>>
File: tumblr_o9k47h7HSE1ukztjxo3_1280.png (574KB, 1280x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9k47h7HSE1ukztjxo3_1280.png
574KB, 1280x1000px
>>
File: Hella Gay.png (434KB, 646x427px) Image search: [Google]
Hella Gay.png
434KB, 646x427px
>>180085934
LIFE IS GAY!
>>
File: he_by_arkay9-daiyq2x.png (2MB, 1000x2469px) Image search: [Google]
he_by_arkay9-daiyq2x.png
2MB, 1000x2469px
>>180089667
Hella: The Origins
>>
File: Ramming Speed.png (4MB, 1920x1480px) Image search: [Google]
Ramming Speed.png
4MB, 1920x1480px
>>180083451
This is why Maximum Victory is insufferable. Chase away!
>>
>>180089667
At least it's not "Life was Strange"
>>
File: fh261fsg.jpg (65KB, 728x485px) Image search: [Google]
fh261fsg.jpg
65KB, 728x485px
Wowser
>>
>>180090280
That would be excellent
>>
File: Michel.jpg (77KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
Michel.jpg
77KB, 800x530px
>>180090280
That was the working title for the Bay ending, my masterpiece. Such a great use of imagination. Oh, such beautiful tragedy. haha :)
>>
>>180090358
>>180090280
That would be an excellent title for a post-Bae slice of life dramedy about Max and Chloe living in Seattle, starting their careers and planning a wedding.

Subtitle: Then it got stranger.
>>
Life 2 Strange
>>
Just thinking about Michel & co and how they are gonna troll us when the sequel comes out. What on earth are they gonna concoct
>>
>>180090554
Subtitle: Then it got gayer
>>
File: Pricefield4eva.jpg (14KB, 466x267px) Image search: [Google]
Pricefield4eva.jpg
14KB, 466x267px
>>180090786
>pic related
>>
>>180090830
That webm is so adorable
>>
>>180090937
REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>180090991
It'll be the only reference to Season 1.
>>
>>180091161
Sorry, buddy. You won't be catching anything with such bad bait.
>>
File: hzpmlS1rw823.png (407KB, 438x941px) Image search: [Google]
hzpmlS1rw823.png
407KB, 438x941px
>>
File: 1496267144142.jpg (173KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496267144142.jpg
173KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>180091437
Best boy will come back and win.
>>
File: 1484623772919.jpg (291KB, 1280x1813px) Image search: [Google]
1484623772919.jpg
291KB, 1280x1813px
>>180091610
Better find better bait or you'll go home nothing to feed your family.
>>
File: 1sQ1EDT.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1sQ1EDT.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Please stop replying to them.
>>
File: 1484620292269.png (2MB, 1803x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1484620292269.png
2MB, 1803x1057px
>>180091978
Yeah. That was my last one.
>>
>>180091115
pls no
>>
>>180091304
BTFO
>>
File: 1495770487941.jpg (971KB, 4792x2984px) Image search: [Google]
1495770487941.jpg
971KB, 4792x2984px
On the way to Portland
>>
File: 1484794860644.jpg (89KB, 1024x701px) Image search: [Google]
1484794860644.jpg
89KB, 1024x701px
>>180092573
Or wherever. As long as they're together, everything will be okay!
>>
File: LighthouseCock.png (310KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
LighthouseCock.png
310KB, 640x480px
>>180091304
None of Chloe's kisses and licks will every muster the pleasure of a single thrust of Warren's lighthouse cock.
>>
File: 1486623382058.jpg (287KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1486623382058.jpg
287KB, 1280x1280px
Does Max listen to old hipster music?

https://youtu.be/8LimHXfavgw?list=RD9rmtxKjnZ7A
>>
>>180090937
Michel seems to be a Pricefielder (cf his profile picture). I don't even want to see Warren ever again
>>
File: Michel....jpg (142KB, 944x531px) Image search: [Google]
Michel....jpg
142KB, 944x531px
>>180093275
I have my views, but I prefer the player to use their imagination. :)
>>
>>180093352
The old Michel looks wiser. I can't imagine what the long haired version would have done with LiS
>>
I'm pleasantly surprised that the game holds up to a replay. I thought things would get repetitive since I'm making choices naturally again, but I'm noticing a lot of stuff that I missed in Episode 1 alone.

Life is Strange... Is a well designed game.
>>
>>180093663
He wasn't saddled with a reputation for bad big budget games or the fear of bankruptcy. Maybe he would've made more than two endings or avoided the shit story telling of Episode 5.

>>180093835
Same!
>>
>>180093835
I have played LiS 6 times and I'm still discovering new details or dialogues that I missed before. That means the conception was actually very thorough
>>
>>180093865
I actually think Ep5 isn't that shitty but should have been the 6th with another episode to make the transition before
>>
File: IMG_1776.png (52KB, 200x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1776.png
52KB, 200x248px
Why did they put Elliot Roger in the game only to not have him do anything? The whole time I was expecting him to freak out and be a quasi-boss battle, but nothing.
>>
>>180094231
>tfw there were supposed to be six episodes but dontnod used their budget on champagne and modelling mychel in the game
>>
>>180094408
Yep him and Dontnod's CEO made it into the game
>>
>>180094324
He coined the insult "Rich Bitch Kid" for Nathan. That was his purpose, and very respectable I might add.
>>
"You're a big Max"
>>
File: tumblr_nzh1yzJALm1urlb0so1_1280.jpg (284KB, 715x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzh1yzJALm1urlb0so1_1280.jpg
284KB, 715x1280px
>>
>>180094620
Luke seemed decent. Absolutely massive hipster but when it comes to some of the people who go to Blackwell, that's one of the least harmful things to be.
>>
File: 1495406311566.png (306KB, 806x958px) Image search: [Google]
1495406311566.png
306KB, 806x958px
Kate es numero tres
>>
What if Max got tired of you making her do stupid things and turned her head to give the camera an annoyed look?
>>
>>180097085
Incorrect>>180011870
>>
>>180097316
That would have been a cute moment. I wish there was more break the 4th the wall moments.
>>
post comfy music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD5Yc9wSqGc
>>
>>180097753
I felt like a part in the beginning came very close. When you can make Max inspect all of the items in the classroom even though she knows Chloe is about to get shot. It's such a dissonance between your actions and Max's feelings that it felt like she knew you're making her do it.
>>
File: 1497663572760.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497663572760.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
forever
>>
Regarding Franck's VA I must admit the new one sounds really close to the original. Great job.
As much as I loved Ashly as Chloe, I dug a lot less the voice she provided for young Chloe (it kinda sounded fake). The thing is, puberty hitting women rather young, a 16 year old girl should sound the same at 16 and 19 right?
I kinda like the new voice honestly.
I may be the only one but I always thought Rachel would have a slightly deep voice so I'm happy with the result. I don't think Rachel and Chloe sound the same though?
>>
File: tumblr_o7wfymua9r1v7h6lso1_1280.png (209KB, 936x1383px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7wfymua9r1v7h6lso1_1280.png
209KB, 936x1383px
>>180099532
and ever
>>
File: Kate pyjamas 3.jpg (318KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
Kate pyjamas 3.jpg
318KB, 1280x1811px
>>
>>180093098
Sometimes. She seems to prefer to fly half-mainstream for regular listening.

I wonder what concert(s) she went to in Seattle. I'm sure there's been a few gigs of local Indie/Folk-Rock bands she's been to with friends, and perhaps something bigger too that she couldn't miss out on.
>>
File: 1486034168699.jpg (37KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1486034168699.jpg
37KB, 348x342px
>>180101104
>>
File: kate_questions.png (1MB, 1245x1136px) Image search: [Google]
kate_questions.png
1MB, 1245x1136px
>>180101104
>>
>>180101813
No, she's not an imbecile.
>>
File: max_caulfield_by_sudachii-d9g1v6d.png (1019KB, 1024x1658px) Image search: [Google]
max_caulfield_by_sudachii-d9g1v6d.png
1019KB, 1024x1658px
>>
>>180102191
>Max uses her ability to win the lotto
>has enough money where she can do whatever she wants
>grabs every girl in Arcadia Bay by the pussy
>>
File: 1474487289043.jpg (230KB, 1280x1271px) Image search: [Google]
1474487289043.jpg
230KB, 1280x1271px
Wowser
>>
File: Max Wowser.jpg (45KB, 452x404px) Image search: [Google]
Max Wowser.jpg
45KB, 452x404px
>>180101104
>Hippy Bisexual Art Student from the West Coast
>Trump Voter
>>
>>180103142
>Intelligent, Educated
>Bisexual
>Left-wing

>Trump Supporter
>>
>>180103683
Keep going.
>>
File: tumblr_nt8k5gn8w01sklvgqo1_1280.png (560KB, 550x664px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt8k5gn8w01sklvgqo1_1280.png
560KB, 550x664px
And then Warren woke up, having humped his pillow during his dream, and the muscle spasms during climax caused him to shit himself.

Meanwhile on the second floor of the dorms, Max and Chloe wake next to each other. Choosing to sit in bed and cuddle for a bit before getting up, getting dressed, and going to get breakfast before going about their day.
>>
File: tumblr_o8ouggz80j1r6z7yqo1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x1246px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8ouggz80j1r6z7yqo1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x1246px
>>180099937
and a little bit more after that
>>
>>
>>180105989
This one's really nice. I've seen the artist's stuff before but it was a lot darker in mood. Showing stuff like the Dark Room.
>>
File: 1484683433975.jpg (506KB, 800x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1484683433975.jpg
506KB, 800x1044px
>>180094231
The clunky stealth sequence and flaws in logic hurt my gaming experience.
>>
File: MicelTheDestroyer.jpg (21KB, 397x423px) Image search: [Google]
MicelTheDestroyer.jpg
21KB, 397x423px
>>180104589
This post is canon.
>>
File: Chloe I Feel Numb.jpg (352KB, 1136x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe I Feel Numb.jpg
352KB, 1136x1414px
>Blackwell Podcast discussing Before The Storm

Not sure if I should care.
>>
First time poster in this general, but lifelong lover of Life is Strange. Quick question for you; do you buy on release and get the episodes as they are released or wait until every episode is out and binge through it?

I've never been a fan of games with episodic releases, as I feel it breaks the immersion a lot, especially with something that is capable of stirring up emotions like LiS.
>>
File: Bizarro_World_002.jpg (43KB, 334x371px) Image search: [Google]
Bizarro_World_002.jpg
43KB, 334x371px
Meanwhile in bizarro /lisg/...
>>
>>180107217
I want to gobble Warren's dick, take Luke Parker's shaft up my bunghole and hold hands with Nathan after he takes selfies with my boobies!
>>
>>180107217
Chloe is a good character.
>>
>>180107132
As someone who had to wait for some of the original episodes to come out, I might've preferred waiting until it was all out. You're right that episodic releases are worse when it's an emotional story like LiS.

Although, on the other hand, I would've felt "late to the party" if I'd waited for it all. There was some fun in posting about the game on lisg as it's happening.
>>
File: tumblr_nxpiqjnynQ1ud3ku3o1_1280.png (571KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxpiqjnynQ1ud3ku3o1_1280.png
571KB, 1000x1000px
>>180107217
Pricefield is still loving, still cute, and still canon.
Just a bit different is all.
>>
File: 1445778095387.png (268KB, 541x395px) Image search: [Google]
1445778095387.png
268KB, 541x395px
>>180104589
>>180104029
>>180103683
Disgusting.
>>
>>180103142
>bisexual
>>
>>180107217
Bay Ending is a totally acceptable ending that makes sense.
>>
>>180107217
Reasonable discussion about the endings that aren't shouted down by delusional baefags
>>
>>180107217
Max/Warren is the only pairing that makes sense.
>>
Should I start smoking pot to gain access to the true LiS experience?
>>
>>180109106
Just smoke pot anyway because its fun desu
>>
>>180108796
She like Skater Boys and Chloe.
>>
File: 1473228668666.gif (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1473228668666.gif
2MB, 800x450px
>>180109556
>She like Skater Boy

Not after she reunite with Chloe.
>>
File: 1463775082825.jpg (263KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
1463775082825.jpg
263KB, 1280x721px
>>180109556
Where do you think Max even got that liking of skaters from?
We hear about the people Max likes and all the boxes she checks end up being exactly what Chloe is. Chloe was on Max's subconscious.
>>
File: 1496465930765.webm (577KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496465930765.webm
577KB, 1280x720px
STILL MY FAVORITE WEBM
>>
>>180111786
That's probably my favorite as well. It's perfect.
>>
as an oldfag, it's a weird feeling having ''release dates'' on OP again
>>
>>
>>180112758
I know. It was already crazy having stuff from the gameplay to watch and pick apart to try to find meaning to.
>>
>>
File: divine_capture.png (124KB, 1322x1385px) Image search: [Google]
divine_capture.png
124KB, 1322x1385px
>>180011834
>friendly reminder that turning off your game at the decision screen is confirmed canon ending
>>
Is it gay if this game made me dream about being a 18 years old bi-curious girl ?
>>
Do you think we'll get an EP1 trailer before release or does the E3 trailer substitute for that?
>>
File: bees_onmy_cashmere.png (211KB, 826x681px) Image search: [Google]
bees_onmy_cashmere.png
211KB, 826x681px
>>180011834
I'm starting to get my life back together and then those evil french fucks decide to do a prequel? Fuck me I guess. And back to limbo'ing in /lesg/
>>
Chloe looks so sad and depressed in the prequel...I just want to protect that smile
>>
it seems they let the people who were at E3 pick their own choices during one of the the gameplay sessions. It must have been awesome
>>
>>180114510
>tfw you will never be a teenage girl falling in love with your best friend
why even live

>>180114668
if it makes you feel better the french fucks arent the ones doing the prequel
>>
File: ashly_capture.jpg (2MB, 1920x1325px) Image search: [Google]
ashly_capture.jpg
2MB, 1920x1325px
>>180011834
>friendly reminder that you will never know what the VA cast truly believes because michel stands behind them in every interview
>>
>>180114761
It's even worse in the gameplay where we get to see her lying on her bed and then looking completely out of place in Blackwell: https://youtu.be/IOM3gOoTJ4s?t=4m38s
>>
>>
File: jeffersenpai.jpg (495KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
jeffersenpai.jpg
495KB, 1280x850px
>>180114840
>the french fucks arent the ones doing the prequel
Michel got michel'ed? Sweet baby jesus.
>>
So apparently Kate's VA recently played episode 1 of this game. is it cute/worth a watch? link please?
>>
>>180115173
I think it got postponed because she couldn't do it finally. I think the stream will be on June the 23rd
>>
>>180114761
Do your best and remember Max does come back and make things better.
>>
>>180092573
how'd chloe afford a classic harley? a bike like that is probably in 25k and up range.
>>
>>180115392
well fuck. or not, this way I can catch it live
>>
>>180115059
delete this
>>
>>180115659
Went to junkyard, found frame and parts, fixed it up with David.
She becomes a mechanic since it allows her to do technical and hands on stuff. As well as doing exteriors to show off her artistic side.
>>
>>180115392
She definately played, but I only watched it for 5 minutes
>>
>>180117008
now this i could get behind
>>
>>180117601
>samefagging
>>
File: q8nnmz7vpc4z.jpg (530KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
q8nnmz7vpc4z.jpg
530KB, 3264x2448px
Why the fuck would they do this? How can they just cosplay as JefferSHIT
>>
File: stopvarg.jpg (4KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
stopvarg.jpg
4KB, 208x206px
>>180118232
Stop posting shitty cosplay
>>
>>
what the hell is this mixtape mode?
>>
>>180119456
Since people really dug the OST of the original game, I think they want to capitalize on it and let us have one sequence like Max's Busride and choose the background music for it from the prequel's licensed tracks
>>
>>180119456
You get to use the soundtrack and set it to scenes in the game.
Not sure if it's just the prequel stuff or the original as well.
>Do music video to Mountains showing Rachel and Chloe's best moments together and then ending with Chloe and Max finding Rachel in the junkyard.
>Do a music video for Obstacles starting with Max comforting Chloe after William's death, Max eventually leaving, Chloe becoming depressed, but then showing how they reunite and become closer than ever before, ending with them driving away together.
Might be good for some stuff.
>>
File: Rachel_Amber.png (280KB, 346x506px) Image search: [Google]
Rachel_Amber.png
280KB, 346x506px
RACHEL IS A SKINWALKER
>>
>>180119819
The second least likely Rachel cracktheory
>>
>>180119819
Man, BtS Rachel looks so... off. Super chubby face or something, I can't put it to words, but she looks off/weird for sure
>>
File: 1490889087414.png (2MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490889087414.png
2MB, 2560x1080px
>>
>>180120187
Wait, then what's the least likely one?
I'm curious now.
>>
>>180107132
I played them all in more or less a single sitting without knowing anything about the game, and I think those particular circumstances made it a far more powerful experience for me than it otherwise might have been.
But for BtS, I can't resist reading up everything and playing Ep 1 as soon as it comes out.
>>
>>180120309
Alien or vampire
>>
>>180120187
>>180120525

Those are less likely than her being trans? Say what?
>>
File: canon.jpg (267KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
canon.jpg
267KB, 1920x1080px
1-3: listen to the game's OST while thinking about Max and the gang
4-6: play Killing Floor 2 to forget the urge to think about Max and the gang and possibly cry
7-9: since I just finished the game yesterday for the first time, replay right away and quit before episode 5 then restart at episode 1
0: sleep
>>
Why is nothing ever done about Private Number? He was being built up as a threat with his angry texts, but nothing ever comes of it.
>>
>>180120286
I think she looks alright, given the limitation of trying to match the character model to the photographs. I mean, if you compare pretty much any of the character models to their various in-game photographs (at least, the ones which weren't merely draw-overs of the models), the models always end up looking pretty odd.

I feel like BtS Rachel's eyes look a little off in some of the shots ... like they're not quite expressive enough, they give the "dead stare" kinda look. They looked fine in the concert stuff (mostly because that was all cinematic), but odd in the Overlook scene.

Time will tell I guess.
>>
>>180121271
Uhh, what? Private number was just Nathan, wasn't it?
>>
File: tumblr_o6y49lLA4a1v5byv1o1_500.png (169KB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6y49lLA4a1v5byv1o1_500.png
169KB, 500x296px
>>
>>180121691
Nathan and his father as well.
>>
>>180121271
I think the "Keep your mouth shut about everything" text was from jefferson
>>180120932
I'm just playing around.
>>
>>180122363
2dyke4me
>>
"She's never leaving me!"

Max is a horrible friend. Her parents are even worse.
>>
SEASON 2 WHEN
>>
>>180122762
>the real reason for all the fans revealed

The second you change their appearance, people dislike them openly.
>>
>>180123314
This is no secret. Girls can be gay or bi-curious if they're cute. The moment they are no longer cute they're ugly dykes who should kill themselves
>>
>>180123137
Chloe looks so much like her father.

I'm sure that made Joyce choke up.
>>
>>180123427
It's pretty upsetting, desu.
>>
File: 1487205570041.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1487205570041.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Reminder that Marshfield is canon.
>>
File: 1496606606780.jpg (504KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496606606780.jpg
504KB, 848x1200px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkFB8f8bzbY
>>
File: kate_hug.png (213KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
kate_hug.png
213KB, 600x375px
>>180123818
god i wish
>>
>>180123818
That's from their Disneyland trip, isn't it? They did it randomly last year, way after LiS was finished. I was kinda hoping it was some indication that they had met up because they were doing LiS related stuff (recording for a new game, new livestream, or something?) Turns out they just went to hang out as friends?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ReNfgZ4A1w

Reminds me of Chloe.
>>
File: Dunce.jpg (78KB, 584x800px) Image search: [Google]
Dunce.jpg
78KB, 584x800px
>building still standing
>DEY ALL DIED
They think I'm some kind of retard huh?
>>
>>180125423
but anon look at that damage, thats F2 at least! no one in history has survived an F2!
>>
Why didn't Chloe mention the unsent letters to Max? Especially in the first 3 episodes when they were rekindling their "friendship".

Simple answer: Dontnod never thought about a possible prequel, so it's a continuity issue...
Unless it was made on purpose by Deck Nine. And it would be really neat. Explanations:

1) When Max let William die to prevent Chloe's future accident, she actually didn't restore exactly the original timeline (which I call timeline A). She said to Chloe "Listen. Whatever happens, I want you to be strong. Even if you feel like I wasn't here for you... because I will never abandon you, Chloe"

2) This seemingly innocuous dialogue actually created a very slightly different timeline (even if we don't see any important changes). Let's call it the timeline B.

3) In the timeline A, the one where/when the first 3 episodes took place, Chloe felt abandoned, totally lost faith in Max and never wrote any letters to her. That's why she didn't mention those to Max.

4) The new dialogue created the timeline B. In this timeline Chloe didn't totally lose faith in Max because she remembered what Max told her. That's why she is going to keep talking about Max and write (unsent) letters to her in this timeline. The prequel is actually showing us past events taking place in the timeline B.

5) Episodes 4 and 5 are also taking place in the timeline B, but with everything going on, we can assume Chloe never had the chance to mention the letters to Max.

To sum it up the prequel is showing us not what happened when Max was away but what happened when Max was away... after she gave Chloe the pep talk. A slight difference that could explain a lot.

I have no idea if the writers actually thought about it that way, but if they are LiS fans, they could have. It would tie up things neatly anyway.
>>
should i trust the 3 ep game coming out?
>>
File: 16 - 1.png (146KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
16 - 1.png
146KB, 500x357px
>>
tfw based nik
>>
>>180128335
he's not so based anymore
>>
>>180126326
>Cuck Chloe sim
No
>>
>>180126227
I'd like to hope there's some deeper meaning it to, but it seems very unlikely. Rather, it's almost certainly the case that they simply wanted to do another version of Max's diary, and decided that writing letters to Max would be a good way to do it.

The odd thing is that it sounds like they're breaking continuity through out-of-game implication, not through what may or may not be shown in BtS. Because IIRC, they said that Chloe's letters are unsent, but suggested that maybe she sent some of the earlier ones she wrote. Why would they bother to suggest that, given that it (1) would seem to have no impact on the letters we see in BtS, and (2) is a break in continuity for no reason?

As always, we're almost certainly just overthinking a small detail.
>>
File: tumblr_opjeax0JPL1vr5geto1_1280.png (540KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opjeax0JPL1vr5geto1_1280.png
540KB, 1280x1280px
>>180126227
Really great theories.
>>
File: Chlo-Troll2.png (126KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Chlo-Troll2.png
126KB, 300x300px
>>180110684
She says that she wishes skater boys were into her in the first episode.

>>180114668
I was eating those bees!

>>180115059
Uh-oh. Time to rewind.

>>180115659
>pic related
>>
>>180120286
It was before her FFS surgery. She must have gone to the same doctor as Chloe.
>>
File: asdgasdg.jpg (701KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
asdgasdg.jpg
701KB, 1280x1280px
bout to start my third playthrough
hyped tbqh
>>
>>180126227
This would technically canonize bae and be super neat, so they wont be doing it.
>>
File: 1428518370171.gif (2MB, 268x300px) Image search: [Google]
1428518370171.gif
2MB, 268x300px
>>180130175
second* oops
>>
>>180130319
Why would it canonize bae?
>>
>>180130590
Because in bay, max goes back and undoes every change she's ever made, which would include any photo travels
>>
>>180129304
I think so too
>>180128985
Well actually they mentioned unsent letters, then Toby Palm asked if none was sent and then they replied with reluctance "erm the first ones were sent but erm.. she didn't get any replies" They sounded so unsure that I don't know what actually will be told in the game
>>
>>180130729
I don't agree. She resetted the week basically. But this reset happens in the timeline B (I'm following the theory). To me she resets one event taking place in the timeline B (the bathroom scene). The pep talk talk being prior to the bathrrom scene it isn't affected. My point is, bay or bae, Max still gave the pep talk. It's like set in stone.
>>
>>180130917
>Well actually they mentioned unsent letters, then Toby Palm asked if none was sent and then they replied with reluctance "erm the first ones were sent but erm.. she didn't get any replies" They sounded so unsure that I don't know what actually will be told in the game
I took that to mean that she sent a bunch of letters shortly after Max left. That is, letters we never see. So as long as Chloe never actually references that she sent them in BtS (which she might?), we can just ignore it as non-canon. That's what I meant when I suggested that it was a weird thing to say - because if it doesn't appear in game at all, why would you bother to say that you think Chloe did something which breaks continuity?

That said ... I'd have to go back and replay the parts of Season 1 where the girl's being out of contact is addressed. Because Chloe reaching out to Max in some way makes total sense to me, as does Max's anxiety preventing her from replying. I know Chloe throws it in Max's face that she never contacted her (and this new scenario makes some sense, because it answers why Max couldn't just throw it back) ... but, yeah, Max never mentions/thinks/writes about Chloe sending her letters that I can recall.
>>
File: Kate Marsh, Evangelical Creep.jpg (43KB, 893x895px) Image search: [Google]
Kate Marsh, Evangelical Creep.jpg
43KB, 893x895px
>>180123995
God wishes no such thing! He would never condone one of his followers succumbing to the Caulfield cunt and watching as her freckled face felated her pink lipped vagina with passion previously reserved only for her blue hair dyked girlfriend. Oh...no...He would not approve...No...Not at all.

Oh....
>>
File: 20170611_133105.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170611_133105.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Chasemarsh is better
>>
>>180059715
Already did.
>>
File: kate_sweating.jpg (437KB, 843x1047px) Image search: [Google]
kate_sweating.jpg
437KB, 843x1047px
>>180132561
oh lord
>>
>>180133289
Man the bovine hormones they put in kids school lunches these days are something else
>>
File: 1497573466856.jpg (395KB, 1123x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1497573466856.jpg
395KB, 1123x1280px
>>
File: 1460772068575.gif (923KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1460772068575.gif
923KB, 240x240px
>>180133536
Cute
>>
>>180133536
She should have stuck it to her own chest.
>>
File: tumblr_o4vo55hsnA1utgazro1_1280.jpg (810KB, 800x1183px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4vo55hsnA1utgazro1_1280.jpg
810KB, 800x1183px
>>180126227
Very interesting theories that would work but probably won't since Deck Nine said they won't address either ending because they don't want the game to lean one way or another.

I still wish that Chloe remembered Max's words the day William left.
When Max is in Warren's photo and talks about making a mistake and about saving William, Chloe remembers those words and realizes why Max was acting weird that day - she knew something terrible was happening and she couldn't stop it. Chloe realizes her was saved by Max but something bad happened that made Max undo it. It was one scene I so badly wanted to see, Max having an actual breakdown about all the stuff she's seen and done. Max being in need of support being the thing that takes Chloe out her murderous rage. Chloe and Max cry and hug each other before promising they won't ever be apart like that again and then Max remembers the storm and tells Chloe they need to call David and also warn people about the storm.
>>
where i can get a cute gf like Max?
>>
File: l6PWJrM.jpg (337KB, 2048x2033px) Image search: [Google]
l6PWJrM.jpg
337KB, 2048x2033px
>>180133991
>>
Hey /lisg/, do you remember what you did after you completed the game for the first time?
I'm a new friend who binge played through this game and finished it two days ago. However the game is still stuck in my head, I can't stop thinking about it, my waifu Max and her waifu Chloe. I literally just read these threads and the games' subreddit while browsing for cute pics all day long, all the while the OST is blaring in the background. What did you in your first week after episode 5?
>>
>>180136272
thats what I'e been doing in the two weeks since i beat the game
>>
File: 1484930168525380768.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484930168525380768.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>180132561
>evangelical republican
>talk about pussies, fucking and kate procreation
??????
>>
>>180136360
Heh, figured I'd keep doing this for a while
>>
File: 1460299198791.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460299198791.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>180136272
Play the OST in loops, feeling depressed, and I took a 2 week vacation from work to distract myself.
After I came back, I watched several Let's Plays of the game. The feelings faded away for a while. Now they have returned.
>>
File: tumblr_ntiu4j77r11ud3ku3o1_500.png (824KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntiu4j77r11ud3ku3o1_500.png
824KB, 500x750px
>>180136272
I laid in bed two days feeling depressed and being unable to eat and barely drink anything unless I wanted to throw it back up. Only getting up to go to class.
It was a mix of depression that it was over, disappointment at how bad the ending was, and having tons of questions that were never answered.
It sucked and I can't believe a fictional story did that to me. If not for /lisg/ I would have been an even bigger wreck and thought everyone died in the storm, thankfully this wonderful place exists and after much discussion and thought, I made some form of peace with it.
I know most people survived and that when looking at things from Max's point of view, she would have never known for sure what the storm was. The biggest source of comfort was knowing I won Max and Chloe their happy ending.
>>
>>
>>180137761
When the Christian sect is wiped the fuck out, I'll make sure to thank you as you leave me my rightful access to the communion wine whenever I want, as you get plowed by David, conserva-tard.
>>
Stop.
>>
>>180136775
>leaving the cliff after sacrificing Arcadia
>>
File: bad_timeline.png (2MB, 820x983px) Image search: [Google]
bad_timeline.png
2MB, 820x983px
>"uh-oh max, you better rewind"
>>
>>180139439
what's wrong with her right eye
>>
>>180136775
Always amazed how massive that doe is. Tall as a tree.
>>
File: 1443598631446.jpg (233KB, 1086x848px) Image search: [Google]
1443598631446.jpg
233KB, 1086x848px
>>180139439
no, this is the best timeline
>>
>>180139439
Why would someone make that?
Some people are very strange.
>>
File: 1487823946870.jpg (37KB, 666x607px) Image search: [Google]
1487823946870.jpg
37KB, 666x607px
>>180140658
well Life is Strange
>>
File: 1441782281248.png (432KB, 900x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1441782281248.png
432KB, 900x1280px
>>180140794
No life is ... weird.
>>
File: punished_kate.png (169KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
punished_kate.png
169KB, 512x512px
>>180140013
Please do not speak ill of mistress.
>>
MAXIMUM VICTORY
MAXIMUM VICTORY
MAXIMUM VICTORY
MAXIMUM VICTORY
MAXIMUM VICTORY
>>
PRICEFIELD
>>
File: yjQzbCJ.png (855KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yjQzbCJ.png
855KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1462200929327.jpg (70KB, 711x692px) Image search: [Google]
1462200929327.jpg
70KB, 711x692px
MARSHFIELD
>>
>>180141247
I love this artist.
>>
File: tumblr_o50yreYaAu1rjinaso2_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1060px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o50yreYaAu1rjinaso2_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1060px
>>180142174
Looks nice. Judging from the steering wheel, they're somewhere in Europe. Maybe they took a trip together.
Max and Chloe loves Paris when they went.
>>
File: Maximum Victory Sailors.png (887KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
Maximum Victory Sailors.png
887KB, 1280x1810px
>>180141247
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
>>
File: 1442018747551.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1442018747551.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>180115059
>>
File: paris_trip_by_ceilil-d9unocn.jpg (93KB, 900x643px) Image search: [Google]
paris_trip_by_ceilil-d9unocn.jpg
93KB, 900x643px
>>
>>180143814
blend the cuck
>>
>>180144074
>>180142804
I adore the Paris fanart.
>>
File: 1463448269652.png (355KB, 661x721px) Image search: [Google]
1463448269652.png
355KB, 661x721px
>on chapter 2
>Kate is on the roof
>so fucking intense holy shit
>afterwards
>have to blame someone in the principal's office
>my fucking face when deciding who

I CANT TAKE THIS
>>
Hannah is not going to voice Max for the bonus episode, isn't?
>>
File: 1446359897182.png (732KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1446359897182.png
732KB, 1280x1280px
>>180144927
You let her die, didn't you?
>>
File: 1450198961540.png (902KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450198961540.png
902KB, 1280x720px
>>180144259
It's pretty great. Would be a nice spot for a proposal.
Max either wins a photo contest or they go on vacation and go to a bunch of art museums together. They have a nice dinner and some wine, they decide to go for a walk after, it's nighttime, they end up right near the base of the Eiffel Tower, Chloe asks Max to marry her. There is much excited screaming and kissing.
>>
You dare taint Hotline Miami's glory with this tumblr garbage???
>>>http://tumblr.com/
>>
>>180137626
i couldn't get it out of my head for a year after, now with the prequel all that depression is coming back. FUCK. There's just something about Max and Chloe. They seem so real compared to any other characters I've ever encountered and that just makes me feel so bad for them going through all the shit they do.
>>
>>180144927
So, who did you blame, Anon?
>>
>>180146536
If not for /lisg/ and fanfics, I'm not sure what I'd do. I hope that by some miracle we see the two of them again in the future.
They deserve just a bit more closure to their story.
>>
>>180146658
The Jew>>180139439
>>
>>180131402
I agree with you. Since Max photojumped in the future one timeline, even though she would erase that timeline by sacrificing Chloe, some version of her still changed past history which would effect the present. It's the age old time travel story paradox. Which is why to me the Bae ending is the only one that actually makes sense. After the first photojump, it is impossible for Max to return to a timeline where she never changed anything.
>>
File: 1497210002668.png (137KB, 1464x586px) Image search: [Google]
1497210002668.png
137KB, 1464x586px
>>180146509
Thanks for stopping by, Anon.
>>
File: AU Chloe.png (854KB, 1274x703px) Image search: [Google]
AU Chloe.png
854KB, 1274x703px
>>180147443
>doubleparked it
So that's what Chloe was doing before the bathroom scene

Also, is that post self-satire? That's a rhetorical question if you mom isn't there to explain it to you, Linebreaks.
>>
File: 1452124961475.png (308KB, 537x729px) Image search: [Google]
1452124961475.png
308KB, 537x729px
Dronemama
>>
>>180148481
Underrated character. She is a modern equivalent of Daria.
>>
>>180148481
I agree, Brooke is underrated
>>
>>180147620
I don't understand this picture. Why are there mini Maxs and Chloes?
>>
I still find this very cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9CvmZUdBHA
>>
File: cmkiss.jpg (102KB, 1086x812px) Image search: [Google]
cmkiss.jpg
102KB, 1086x812px
>>180149314
I think they are plushies
>>
>>180149593
But the Chloe one is talking, isn't it? Maybe it's a Tickle-Me-Chloe?
>>
>>180147356
I wish more people understood this.
Bayfags will claim that things don't need to be consistent or make sense, it's just the themes and meanings that are important and you should just shut up, turn your brain off, and accept it because the writers said so. No different than those idiots on YouTube that will post comments on how deep and meaningful the ending was because it made them cry.
They're all over-emotional, intellectually stunted, or fatalistic utilitarians. Just look at the arguments put forth in this thread and others.

Out of all the things LiS did that deserved praise, they got an award for their poor story writing instead.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T3UsKgTJ8A
could be hella cool
>>
File: tumblr_nw1cyaqgNQ1qcfkq7o6_1280.png (638KB, 705x469px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw1cyaqgNQ1qcfkq7o6_1280.png
638KB, 705x469px
>>180149314
Because it's cute.
Which is to say, I also don't know why.
>>
File: MichelLaughsAtYou.jpg (1MB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
MichelLaughsAtYou.jpg
1MB, 1920x1275px
>http://campdesrecrues.com/2017/06/e3-2017-life-is-strange-before-the-storm-announced/
>"Originally there were four endings planned, actually. One where Max kills herself and another where she wipes herself from existence from using her powers too much trying to save everyone."
>>
File: 1441002660_ezgif-1686156413.gif (2MB, 288x185px) Image search: [Google]
1441002660_ezgif-1686156413.gif
2MB, 288x185px
>>180149789
>Bayfags will claim that things don't need to be consistent or make sense
Baefags can't be this delusional, can they?
>>
>>180150123
That article says nothing like that. But congrats for coming up with an ending to rival the Bay ending for being absolutely awful. Please step up to collect your BAFTA.
>>
>>180150317
i mean i've only been here a few days and i've seen several bayfags say shit like that
>>
File: Alice and Lisa Sitting In A Pot.jpg (50KB, 488x650px) Image search: [Google]
Alice and Lisa Sitting In A Pot.jpg
50KB, 488x650px
Hello /lisg/

My name is Alice. I love all of you because you give me carrots.

Have a good night!

-Alice Marsh
>>
File: 1447855813347.png (421KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1447855813347.png
421KB, 1000x1000px
>>180150664
Goodnight
>>
File: 1484687656864.gif (2MB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484687656864.gif
2MB, 960x480px
>>180150664
That shit was so cash.
>>
>>180150664
you're not Alice
>>
File: MyNameIsNathan.jpg (16KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
MyNameIsNathan.jpg
16KB, 500x350px
>>180150851
>>180150664
Hey /lisg/,

My name is Nathan, and I hate every single one of you because I suffer from severe mental illness. All of you are well adjusted, intelligent, internet users who spend every second of their day discussing the social, narrative and moral issues presented in an award winning video game. You are everything good in the world and seeing your success reminds me of my personal failings thereby sending me into a blind rage.

Honestly, have any of you ever gotten an idea of why I call Warren a pussy?

I mean, it’s fun making fun of people because of my own insecurities, but assaulting Graham in a parking lot, let alone threatening a young woman with a gun when she's blackmailing me after I dosed her with date rape drugs, is taking it to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to Kate's video on Facebook.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot behind my back. I’m pretty much a total violent nutcase so don't do it to my face. I was emotionally abused by my father and discharged from care by a first rate therapist. What do you suffer from, other than feels after playing an emotionally impactful video game? I also get straight A’s because my father donates large sums to the school, and have been friendzoned by a hot mean girl (She never blew me; Shit would've been SO cash).

You are going to be called faggots and told to kill yourselves by assholes like me for most of your life. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It’s me. I'm her bitch.
>>
File: tumblr_nx0g4tC7ml1ujcmbco1_1280.jpg (379KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx0g4tC7ml1ujcmbco1_1280.jpg
379KB, 1280x1656px
>>180149897
Oh wow that was really well done. I'm actually excited to see the finished product!
Even if it's just a cinematic movie of all the Pricefield moments with music and narration. Hearing Jefferson's monologues while showing Max and Chloe created a very interesting, but fitting, contrast. Felt like I was getting goosebumps at times.
Hope the movie turns out good and maybe even incorporates one of the fanmade extended endings.
>>
>>180148628
Not really. Daria wouldn't pursue a boy so shamelessly, especially if he didn't initiate things. Brooke also isn't particularly witty, nor does she ever express an interest in writing. Daria would often use irony as form of cultural detritus, whereas Brooke is just caustic about Warren's crush on Max.
>>
>>180151563
>modern Daria
>without wit
Sounds like a Millenial version of Daria.
>>
>>180092919
>lighthouse cock
Where the hell did this come from?
>>
>>180152078
Just someone who tries way too hard to be witty. Ignore them.
>>
>>180152228
>>180152228
I think it's funny. I don't know the reference though.
>>
>>180152343
It's not a reference. It's just something that comes out of the poster's ass, like everything else they spam /lisg/ with.
>>
Why is it so important for Chloe to die to stop the tornado? If it's destiny for her to be shot and destiny isn't supposed to be messed with at all, then does that mean the bay ending also kills Kate? Because if you stop her from killing herself shouldn't a tornado come that kills the town anyway, or some other disaster? It seems logical that Bay choosers are also condemning Kate too, and if that's the case then they all need to be murdered.
>>
>>180151945
True. But if a plentiful lack of wit makes a modern day Daria, then half the cast is a modern day Daria. Making it a pretty meaningless title.
>>
>>180152962
In the Bay ending, the events that lead to Kate killing herself wouldnt happen. Butterfly effect and all that nonsense.

Still a terrible ending.
>>
>>
>>180154678
Where is Victoria's right hand?
>>
>>180154747
On Kate's back
>>
File: SpurdoFace.png (117KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
SpurdoFace.png
117KB, 1024x749px
>>180154747
Probably sneaking it's way down Kate's skirt.
>>
Nobody asked for a LiS prequel.
>>
>>180155480
They save that for later since Kate is not an exhibitionist and Victoria respects that
>>
>>180155965
I know. Which I why I really hope Deck Nine had a story they really wanted to tell and that works and approached SE.
I hope it wasn't SE just saying here's the IP right now put together a story.
It has the potential to be either very good but it could also be very bad. I don;'t think anyone wants it to fail, a well down story about Rachel and Chloe could be a great addition into the series and shed more light on some things.
>>
>''She was my angel''
>Rachel acts like a completely cunt in the trailer

really, Chloe?
>>
File: MaxInWonderland.png (906KB, 1000x852px) Image search: [Google]
MaxInWonderland.png
906KB, 1000x852px
Does anyone know the song that plays at the end of the gameplay footage when Chloe is talking to Rachel before she leaves???
>>
>>180156850
>trailer takes place 3 years prior to season 1
>rachel disappears 6 months prior to season 1

Almost like they had more time together than just a single bad day.
>>
File: CDR_3BiWMAIPsHv.png (222KB, 539x434px) Image search: [Google]
CDR_3BiWMAIPsHv.png
222KB, 539x434px
>>180156850
We haven't even seen their friendship form in the gameplay. Things happen that bring them a lot closer together and makes Rachel become nicer.
Remember, in the original game she was taking silly photos with Chloe, sending her postcards, and hanging out with her enough that Frank got jealous.
We will see a lot of character development from Rachel.
>>
Max did nothing wrong and is a good person
>>
Just finished reading Better Then. Why couldnt dontnod have an actually satisfying ending like that? And it actually explained almost all of the strange shit and Max's powers and everything? Supernatural stuff was a BIT much for me, but if dontnod canonized this I think I could finally stop being depressed for a while.
>>
>>180158723
>Why couldnt dontnod have an actually satisfying ending like that?

Because Michel exists.
also muh budget
>>
>>180158723
Better Then is still on my reading list, really need to get around to it instead of picking up stuff that'd still being updated.
>>
Anyone here and ready to make a new thread?
>>
>>180160783
As always.
>>
New thread

>>180160839
>>180160839
>>180160839
>>
>>180134039
>>180147356

The point is, the Op's theory doesn't make any ending canon. I'll keep the terminology OP used in his theory.

What I like about this theory is that it actually doesn't make any ending canon. When Max wakes up in the timeline B after having delivered her pep talk, we have to assume everything that happened during the week (and we witnessed in the timeline A) also happened in the timeline B (the bathroom, Kate jumping, etc). For the sake of it let's say everything happened in the timeline B with a 99% similarity with what we saw in the timeline A.
As a result, Max took exactly the same photos during the week in the timeline B we didn't witness. The picture she used at the end of the game to come back (or not) in the bathroom is NOT the picture of the butterfly we saw her take at the beginning of the game. She is using the picture she took during the week taking place in the timeline B we never witnessed. Like I said, everything happened the same way in the timeline B (or almost, my 99% example), that's why Chloe is aware of the butterfly picture and she suggests Max reboots the week. But Chloe has no memories of the butterfly picture from the timeline A, she only knows about the one from the timeline B.
The point is, the pep talk she gave Chloe is set in stone (being anterior to the end of the game reboot), so whatever ending you picked, Max will live forever in the timeline B (she could recreate a new timeline but she will never come back to the original timeline A, unless she went back to cancel the pep talk)
>>
>>180134039
I do hope she will remember these words and grasp their full meaning after her father's accident.
Plus like OP said it is compatible with both endings so why not put it in the prequel
Thread posts: 753
Thread images: 249

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.