[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #509

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 684
Thread images: 251

File: 1920108014062017.png (2MB, 1920x980px) Image search: [Google]
1920108014062017.png
2MB, 1920x980px
''I wish Max was here'' Edition

Previous Thread: >>179733042

>Life Is Strange: Before the Storm First Gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7d75ntYy_M

>Life is Strange: Before the Storm Announce Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Return to Arcadia Bay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − ''?'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''?'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret it takes their new found alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
http://lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/554620
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
http://orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
http://orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
http://orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
http://orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
http://imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
http://strawpoll.me/13090936
http://strawpoll.me/13090974
http://strawpoll.me/13186941
>>
File: kate.png (171KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
kate.png
171KB, 425x516px
>>
>>179845803
Yeah but this is Principal Wells we're talking about. He doesn't give a shit, he'd probably leave faster to get away from all that crazy shit and get wasted in economy
>>
>>179845803
i mean they still do when max is declared winner, dunno why they wouldnt in another timeline

>>179845923
or we could just make the logical assumption that when Joyce sees the tornado, she leaves, and Warren goes with her, since he hasnt been told to wait there by Max in that timeline
>>
File: max is 1.png (187KB, 700x650px) Image search: [Google]
max is 1.png
187KB, 700x650px
Max is #1
>>
File: 2017-06-15_1915.png (493KB, 853x436px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-15_1915.png
493KB, 853x436px
>>179845923
hmmm
>>
File: 1443036788010.png (3MB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1443036788010.png
3MB, 1919x1079px
I've had pic related in my images folder for a while now. It's from some talk Michel gave at some point (note that the page still says "What If?", though IIRC the talk was given sometime after the name change), and it's showing, IIRC, one of the dialogue puzzles from Season 1. But I'm not sure we ever worked out which one it could be from. Anyone wanna play the speculation game?
>>
>>179846162
>or we could just make the logical assumption that when Joyce sees the tornado
Except she didn't? Like, we literally saw that she didn't.

>Warren goes with her, since he hasnt been told to wait there by Max in that timeline
Warren's just a lost cause.
>>
>>179845923
this is a game where a girl not dying causes the fucking moon to change orbit and even appear twice in the sky, and you're gonna tell me that random changes cant make a huge seemingly unrelated change down the line? come on, anon
>>
>>179846162
Well in that timeline Jefferson was exposed on Monday. It's still ridiculous but not that ridiculously ridiculous I guess.
>>
File: he got us by surprise.jpg (373KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
he got us by surprise.jpg
373KB, 960x720px
>>179845314
Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>>
File: bobbross.jpg (39KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
bobbross.jpg
39KB, 620x349px
Hello young Max, I'm Bob Ros...I mean Samuel. I just love happy little squirrels. I think Rachael may have had a happy accident.
>>
File: max autism.png (323KB, 837x419px) Image search: [Google]
max autism.png
323KB, 837x419px
Reminder that Max has autism
>>
>>179846635
>this is a game where a girl not dying causes the fucking moon change orbit and even appear twice in the sky
Yeah, and we still have little proof that these two are linked at all. This game is as vague as it gets with cause-and-effect, and plays fast and loose with the butterfly effect.
>>
>>179846635
That's a totally pointless argument though. "Anything can happen randomly at any time, therefore we're free to assume our headcanon about the events in the town are correct, even though there's no reason to think anything differs from what we're directly shown in-game." I mean, if that's the route you want to take, go for it. But let's not pretend that it's merely wishful thinking. May as well just assume all the Jefferson/Prescott Cthulhu-cult fan theories were also correct, and that all of the main villains just happened to forget to mention any of it.

(For completeness, the Moon never changed orbit in the sky, it was seemingly just a vision/illusion of the Moon in both cases. If the Moon was actually randomly popping out of place, the entire world would be having more problems than just a strange storm in Oregon. The fact that the second Moon in Ep4 seems to shimmer out and vanish seems to support this conclusion too).
>>
>>179847503
>even though there's no reason to think anything differs from what we're directly shown in-game
Well I don't know about you but this >>179846293
does not look anything like a scorched diner.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if the diner is destroyed or not, or how powerful the storm was. That's not why people pick bae > bay in the first place, it's just nitpicking at the devs. There's very few reasons for why bay is a possible option for Max, but many for why bae is.
>>
File: About_06.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
About_06.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
She's one of ours, isn't?
>>
File: 1439333285953 (1).png (210KB, 526x810px) Image search: [Google]
1439333285953 (1).png
210KB, 526x810px
>>179848474
>does not look anything like a scorched diner.
It's got the burn marks around the windows. These aren't present in the storm scene. And we see how the explosion changes the diner model - it doesn't. And given that the events which lead to the explosion are totally independent of Max, yes, all the available evidence suggests the diner exploded. We can argue as to whether Dontnod did a good job at visually representing this, but it's the only reasonable conclusion to arrive at.

>Honestly, it doesn't matter if the diner is destroyed or not, or how powerful the storm was. That's not why people pick bae > bay in the first place, it's just nitpicking at the devs.
I agree entirely.

>There's very few reasons for why bay is a possible option for Max, but many for why bae is.
I disagree. In fact, I'd argue that the opposite is probably true. But this goes into a more subjective territory which wasn't really the point of the diner discussion.
>>
Reminder that Kate wouldn't approve of Max and Chloe's relationship.
>>
https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/status/874728084217487360

What did they mean by this
>>
>>179846293
i like how the newspaper guy you see in episode 2 is now laying there dead like he stood there for a week and just stayed there outside during the storm
>>
File: 1460766141250.jpg (155KB, 1024x624px) Image search: [Google]
1460766141250.jpg
155KB, 1024x624px
>>179848945
Well let's agree to disagree, because having another bae v bay argument is stupid at this point, and we should just try to make the thread comfier in lieu of these new shitposters
>>
Anyone else find it worrying how little the dontnod guys are saying about the prequel? Not even hyping it up.
>>
>>179849823
But it wasn't meant to happen.
>>
>>179849823
Has anyone asked them on twitter their thoughts on it?
>>
>>179850326
be the change you want to see in the world
>>
>>179850389
I don't have twitter
or any social media
except snapchat
>>
>>179849823
they're probably mad the company sold out their "art" to cash in on the popularity of the characters they created. I'd guess they were approached about making the prequel but they said no and Square said fine, we don't need you frogs and went and made it on their own.
>>
>>179850474
I mean, even then they'd probably say something like "good luck to deck9" or "we look forward to seeing deck9's work", something neutral but at least respectfully acknowledging the game. This is just complete radio silence.
>>
>>179850828
Michel will be drunk one night again and tweet "DECK NINE SUCKS DECK".

"Thanks redneck poet."
>>
File: 1452074419518.jpg (25KB, 299x210px) Image search: [Google]
1452074419518.jpg
25KB, 299x210px
>>179845314
I want to give Chloe a hug.
>>
File: Train-Tracks-iphone-6.png (1MB, 852x1608px) Image search: [Google]
Train-Tracks-iphone-6.png
1MB, 852x1608px
>>179852540
I want to hold her hand
>>
File: Max And Chloe Flat Surfaces.jpg (395KB, 1123x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Max And Chloe Flat Surfaces.jpg
395KB, 1123x1280px
Finally got the platinum trophy!

>Only took six months

Welp.
>>
>>179849823
Not personally. The game has nothing to do with them so there's no reason I'd expect them to say anything about it.
>>
File: 1440214410432.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1440214410432.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
>>179853207
>The game has nothing to do with them ...

You mean despite the fact that it's based on a franchise, characters, setting, lore, etc, they created; the fact that they were asked to sign off on the concepts near the start of development; the fact they were asked to review a recent build of the first episode; the fact that they kept getting brought up and spoken about in interviews; the fact that its success/failure will have some effect on continued sales of Season 1 and eventually Season 2; etc; etc? Not to mention the fact that we'd expect them to have -some- interest in the project, even if it -did- have nothing to do with them.

Whatcha smokin' over there Saul?
>>
>>179854260
>You mean despite the fact that it's based on a franchise, characters, setting, lore, etc, they created
So is fan fiction.

>the fact that they were asked to sign off on the concepts near the start of development
>the fact they were asked to review a recent build of the first episode
Can you source this? Even then, if I got the writers to read over my fan fiction it wouldn't mean my work had anything to do with them.

>act that they kept getting brought up and spoken about in interviews;
To say the aren't involved.

>the fact that its success/failure will have some effect on continued sales of Season 1 and eventually Season 2
That depends on what season two is about. We don't know that it has any relationship to season one or the prequel. They could be making the franchise an anthology of sorts. If I were them I'd be more conceded about making my own game.

>Not to mention the fact that we'd expect them to have -some- interest in the project, even if it -did- have nothing to do with them.
You've yet to give a reason why.

>Whatcha smokin' over there Saul?
Dank Yharnam nugs. Seeing werewolves in the streets.
>
>>
Max is so adorable
>>
File: Pricefield.jpg (79KB, 802x516px) Image search: [Google]
Pricefield.jpg
79KB, 802x516px
Max is there for Chloe and always will be! Chloe will always be there for Max!

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
>>
>>179846974
I think Samuel has a connection to the natives and may have been related to the bloodoath Rachel and Frank took
>>
>>179856037
you're late m8
>>
File: MoarPlease.png (89KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
MoarPlease.png
89KB, 250x250px
>>179848945
Post more Chasefield!
>>
File: Firefighter Chloe.jpg (287KB, 1124x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Firefighter Chloe.jpg
287KB, 1124x1080px
>>179846293
That does not look like it had a significant fire.
Looks more like water on the exterior from heavy rainfall and windows and some roofing missing from heavy winds.
If there was a fire from a gasoline spill then the asphalt on the road would be melted leading up to the RV and diner, the RV would be thoroughly burned because its gas tank lit off and the fire spread, windows would have very noticeable scorch marks which only the RV even slightly resembles, and if there was an explosion and fire at the diner then the walls would be bulged outwards at least a little bit and the interior would be torched. You can clearly see the painted walls and undarkened ceilings of the interior of the diner- no fire or smoke damage. Debris and things surrounding the diner would also show signs of damage from heat.

Conclusion: If there was a fire it was extremely minor and it was not an explosion like we saw in the one timeline. Chalk that up to the Butterfly Effect or someone else did what Max originally did and stopped the fire in its infancy.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_nyk5b35EHg1qiuewko1_1280.png (58KB, 513x501px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyk5b35EHg1qiuewko1_1280.png
58KB, 513x501px
>>179856256
Apologies. Thread started while I was out doing some stuff.
(Or you can just pretend Max and Chloe were late because they were in the middle of a kissing session that got carried away.)
>>
>tfw my best case scenario for this prequel is it bombs so hard that dontnod realizes that CANT be max and chloe's final appearances, and we get an extended bae ending added to the game, or (ideally) season 3 with them in it
>>
File: 1457405376325.png (585KB, 1280x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1457405376325.png
585KB, 1280x1408px
>>
File: 1497238348264.jpg (596KB, 1150x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1497238348264.jpg
596KB, 1150x1400px
post dorks
>>
While the whole diner fire thing doesn't really matter, it gives proof to the survival of Joyce, Frank, and the others. Some other theories but I don't like the thought of them all dying so I looked for ways to help show they didn't.
While the Bae Ending's central point is about Chloe and Max being together, that doesn't mean Chloe should lose her mother or that her and Max should lose their friends as well.
That's my biggest gripe with the Bae Ending. It doesn't give any closure or hints to anything. Sure we know the girls are alive and together, which is important, but it would be terrible for them to have to deal with losses like that.
>>
File: DCWwn6jVYAILqzF.jpg orig.jpg (65KB, 500x553px) Image search: [Google]
DCWwn6jVYAILqzF.jpg orig.jpg
65KB, 500x553px
>>179857875
>>
File: 1443497574564.png (157KB, 592x672px) Image search: [Google]
1443497574564.png
157KB, 592x672px
>>179855481
Ok, so it's clear you're trolling. But for completeness and procrastination:

>So is fan fiction.
What a weak comparison. We're talking about an official entry into the franchise.

>Can you source this?
Have you not been watching all the E3 livestream interviews, or even casually reading through these very threads? Too lazy to go find a link for the sake of a troll post, but the two main relevant points are (1) they got Dontnod to sign off on their ideas for the game, and (2) they recently showed a build of the game to the folks at Dontnod in Paris.

>To say the aren't involved.
Aside from the above points where they -were- involved on the periphery, at least in a "we want you to sign off on this" capacity.

>That depends on what season two is about.
Not really. We're talking about the franchise as a whole, the performance of this game is going to have some effect on Season 2, regardless of which developers made it, and regardless of how well it reviews/performs.

>They could be making the franchise an anthology of sorts.
We know this is the case. But as above, we're talking about the perception/value of the franchise as a whole. Like it or not, this prequel counts towards that perception, even if the story/characters/setting/etc are totally unrelated.

>If I were them I'd be more conceded about making my own game.
To the point where they shouldn't show -any- interest in the new entry into the franchise they created; using characters, settings, lore, etc, they created; which will have some impact on the perception of a new entry into the franchise which they're actively in the process of developing?

They've had the time and interest to casually tweet about other games which were featured at E3, and they've had time to tweet about random stuff relating to Season 1 since the new game was revealed ... but not even a cursory mention of the prequel? Yeah, sorry, this is suspicious.

>You've yet to give a reason why.
Like I asked, what are you smoking?
>>
File: 1443292898756.jpg (1MB, 1280x1790px) Image search: [Google]
1443292898756.jpg
1MB, 1280x1790px
>>179857875
>>
If Arcadia Bay were truly 100% wiped out, and Max and Chloe couldnt help, the first place they'd go is Seattle to be with Max's parents.

Max's parents live in Seattle, which is north of Arcadia Bay, and yet in the Bae ending, we see them driving south. Where are they going?

I like to imagine they're driving to the local evacuation center to see who heeded the evacuation call we heard in the diner.
>>
>>179858907
DORRRKZ
>>
>>179858205
If it gets too bad for them to deal with, Max can go back at anytime with the butterfly picture or any other picture she has to go back and warn the people about it and deal with Nathan/Bathroom event. Max has all the time of the world to plan things out better. If she's forced to go back to the bathroom scene, she can break the alarm and save Chloe without ever using rewind to get rid of the storm. Or use a photo from an even earlier time, warn Chloe via text or persuade her not to go to the school that day and arrange a meetup or distract her somehow. She can do that and much more without ever using rewind. Because according to Bay logic, time hopping and having knowledge of past/future events doesn't cause the storm. Rewind does.

Anyways bottom line, Max and Chloe could still prevent the storm at a later time after bae ending and at anytime they choose to after they analyze and really think things through.
>>
>>179859431
The butterfly pic is actually the one pic she cant use, she ripped it up. But yeah, the fact that she can still time travel through pictures, and she has all her pictures with her so you cant even claim the tornado destroyed them or anything, is the biggest reason I'm fine picking bae.

Well second biggest, after me being a hopeless waifufag for chloe
>>
File: ReleaseEstimates.jpg (222KB, 612x604px) Image search: [Google]
ReleaseEstimates.jpg
222KB, 612x604px
So apparently Deck Nine has announced that they're expecting the gap between episodes to be around the 8-10 week mark. This is similar to the length of time between many of the Season 1 episodes.

Pic related is a calendar with 8 week gaps (green) and 10 week gaps (blue) marked out. That Episode 3's 8-10 week window sits squarely over the top of the holiday period is a bit of a worry. As with Season 1, it's probably best to assume the schedule will stretch towards (or beyond) the longer estimate, so it looks like we have to wait for mid-January (assuming the holiday periods doesn't slow things down further) for the final episode.

The bonus episode is set to release sometime after Episode 3 (from the interviews and what's written up on the product pages, it doesn't sound like it will release concurrently, though this is unclear). So the bonus episode could be longer again.
>>
>>179859281
They drive by the diner but don't see anyone (because they're either in a shelter already or David took them to the Dark Room for safety), trying to make phone calls in the area doesn't work.
I think the first place they go is Max's parents in Seattle (Maybe stopping at a motel if they're really exhausted)
After about two or three days in Seattle then the phone service to Arcadia Bay should be restored and Chloe will get a call from Joyce asking if she's alright.
Chloe says she's with Max and Joyce says she should have figured. They have a nice talk and Chloe tearfully apologizes over the phone for all the shit she did to Joyce and David the past few years. Joyce apologizes for not always listening or thinking Chloe could just move on from everything.

A few days later Max and Chloe go back to Arcadia Bay to see people, get stuff from Chloe's house, and attend Rachel's funeral. They see Frank there and Max runs into Kate, Warren, and her other friends also attending. A good part of Blackwell is there despite the larger disaster that happened, such is the draw of Rachel Amber.
Chloe sees Joyce and David for the first time since everything and they have a nice moment as a family. After that they agree it's best for Chloe to stay in Seattle for a bit while everything is rebuilt, it also leaves Joyce and David with some time alone to reconnect.

During their time in Arcadia Bay after the storm, Max is taking photos of the recovery and rebuilding efforts and her photos win her the next Everyday Heroes Contest.

>>179859431
Also extremely possible and likely. Max going back to some point earlier, saving Chloe another way that stops the storm entirely, or just warning more people.
If she saved Chloe prior to that moment in the bathroom then it may stop the storm entirely. If not, then she knows when its coming and knows she and Chloe have to warn more people.
>>
File: CuUTdM4UsAACdi_.jpg (117KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
CuUTdM4UsAACdi_.jpg
117KB, 1000x800px
>>179859418
>>
File: Alice x Lisa - Choice.jpg (47KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
Alice x Lisa - Choice.jpg
47KB, 375x500px
As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
https://instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
https://instaud.io/kWb
>>
>>179859150
>We're talking about an official entry into the franchise
So? It still has as much to do with them as the average fan fiction.

>they got Dontnod to sign off on their ideas for the game
What does "signing off" really amount to. Being content with the games existence doesn't mean it has anything to do with them.

>they recently showed a build of the game to the folks at Dontnod in Paris
That doesn't mean they have anything to do with it.

>the performance of this game is going to have some effect on Season 2, regardless of which developers made it, and regardless of how well it reviews/performs.
If nothing they do will affects how it performs then why would they care to talk about it?

>this prequel counts towards that perception
That doesn't mean they have anything to do with the game.

>which will have some impact on the perception of a new entry into the franchise which they're actively in the process of developing?
You're conflating "the game affects them" with "they care about the game". They have no control over it so there's no reason for them to even acknowledge it.
>>
>>179859649
If the prequel hints that Rachel may be connected to the appearance of the storm, then going back and finding a way to save her could also help things. It also keeps Chloe's friend alive, helps Frank, and makes sure Jefferson and Nathan are busted before ever hurting Kate and possibly others.
>>
File: 1441739347856.png (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1441739347856.png
32KB, 400x400px
>>179860556
I'm not even going to bother.
>>
>>179860556
>You're conflating "the game affects them" with "they care about the game"
"the game affects them" with "the game has anything to do with them" rather.

>>179860741
If you can't beat an apparently stoned guy in an argument I'm not sure you should.
>>
Is this a video game or an interactive TV show? I'm so confused
>>
File: 1445728198530.jpg (129KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1445728198530.jpg
129KB, 960x1280px
>>179860849
>If you can't beat an apparently stoned guy in an argument ...

I did though. Sorry, but there's just no argument here. Like I said, you're either trolling, or you're a moron.
>>
>>179861249
Thank you kindly for saving me the intellectual hellfire you would surely rain down, if only I was worthy.
>>
File: 1439687210144.jpg (388KB, 1280x1759px) Image search: [Google]
1439687210144.jpg
388KB, 1280x1759px
>>179861624
No probs. ;)

I remember when /lesg/ used to have fun trolls.
>>
File: DBBiI7CUIAAGyen.jpg orig.jpg (169KB, 619x800px) Image search: [Google]
DBBiI7CUIAAGyen.jpg orig.jpg
169KB, 619x800px
>>179860434
Nice dorks!
>>
RACHEL'S FAMILY ARE PART OF THE ILLUMINATI
>>
File: I like you a whole latte.jpg (261KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
I like you a whole latte.jpg
261KB, 1280x828px
If you're looking for something super fluffy and don't mind total AUs, then this has been an awesome read so far.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/10279478/chapters/22757045

The Max and Chloe relationship building is adorable and Rachel playing match-maker is pretty funny.
>>
File: 1497500650063.jpg (856KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1497500650063.jpg
856KB, 2560x1440px
>>
File: 1496800840806.jpg (857KB, 1500x739px) Image search: [Google]
1496800840806.jpg
857KB, 1500x739px
>>
>>179862027
>Then they realized they used salt instead of sugar
Just kidding, the cookies came out great
>>
>>179847124
Woah, I missed this in my playthrough... So all this time, Max was on the spectrum? This could completely change one's interpretation of her character...
>>
>>
>>179862396
how, exactly? max is still max, sperglord or no
>>
File: IMG_1649.jpg (90KB, 640x529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1649.jpg
90KB, 640x529px
THE WORLD!
>>
>>179861758
You consider yourself the winner of an argument despite fundamentally missing the point of it. The game affecting dontnod is completely different from the game having anything to do with them. Work on that Dunning–Kruger effect, it's not going to serve you well,
>>
File: 1435294579952.png (330KB, 764x900px) Image search: [Google]
1435294579952.png
330KB, 764x900px
>>179862928
Still trying, eh?
>>
>>179862845
ZA WOWSER
HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA
>>
File: 1446646706587.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1446646706587.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
Anyone started compiling a list of all the new music so far?
>>
File: tumblr_o6y49lLA4a1v5byv1o1_500.png (169KB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6y49lLA4a1v5byv1o1_500.png
169KB, 500x296px
>>
File: Out.jpg (825KB, 3140x4096px) Image search: [Google]
Out.jpg
825KB, 3140x4096px
>>179863117
No. There's no point arguing against the Dunning–Kruger effect. Then it wouldn't be the Dunning–Kruger effect. You didn't have a good argument to make so you declared yourself the victor while providing zero evidence. People like that aren't worthy of discourse. You just point out their flawed reasoning and move on before their stupidity infects you. On that note, good day.
>>
File: 1444747353367.gif (1MB, 256x159px) Image search: [Google]
1444747353367.gif
1MB, 256x159px
>>179863830
Cute. Have your (You).
>>
File: tumblr_oi1lx6CTad1uvndq6o1_1280.jpg (339KB, 1280x1051px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi1lx6CTad1uvndq6o1_1280.jpg
339KB, 1280x1051px
Wonder how powerful Max could get by mastering her powers.
>>
File: 4uBtHun.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4uBtHun.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>179863682
dyke
>>
File: no_bully.png (514KB, 942x629px) Image search: [Google]
no_bully.png
514KB, 942x629px
"lemme see you LIS folder"

"one sec"
>>
File: fdi49K41T7c.jpg (235KB, 792x1224px) Image search: [Google]
fdi49K41T7c.jpg
235KB, 792x1224px
>>179864282
LOVE the Max sorceress and time goddess stuff that shows off her power.

I think she would stop using them for a while but then decide she has to know if they cause problems and if she was responsible for the storm.
she would take a picture before any uses in case she needs to go back and not use them, and then do some small stuff at first. Rewinding and seeing if she has any visions, going into a recent photo or two and then seeing if anything changes, and other little experiments. As she matures and learns more about how they work she may be able to do things like freely freeze time and rewind certain objects.
She gets to a level where she can hold Chloe's hand and rewind the both of them or hold her hand and go into any image as well as instantly exit back to the present. Make for some very interesting dates and vacations.
>>
>>179863365
that's pooh's job
>>
>>179864829
>in the ending where she accepts her powers and doesnt undo everything she's ever done, she winds up in a gay relationship with chloe
>in the other ending she decides an intrinsic part of herself that she cant change is inherently wrong and tries to hide it and never act on it, and ends up super depressed

And I thought xmen was heavy on the 'powers = homosexuality' thing
>>
>>179865204
judging by her voice, no
>>
>>179865076
Well one of the supposed ideas behind changing time is "the universe always tries to make things right because it's fate" (or some bullshit) so Max will always end up with Chloe.
>>
>>179865204
she says in her diary she never had any luck with boys, so probably not
>>
>>179865204
DELETE THIS
>>
File: tumblr_o1qkshEFwY1qgtli6o2_1280.png (1MB, 1280x1188px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1qkshEFwY1qgtli6o2_1280.png
1MB, 1280x1188px
>>179865204
No. And unlike you, she eventually will.
>>
>>179865640
she had luck with warren :^)
>>
>>179865204

..This image deeply unsettles me
>>
File: LV42S3CETk0.jpg (48KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
LV42S3CETk0.jpg
48KB, 604x604px
For once Jefferson is right
>>
>>179866285

Pretty much yes
>>
>>179865204
Thank fucking christ somebody else made this connection.
>>
File: ep 4 bingo.png (495KB, 1024x1119px) Image search: [Google]
ep 4 bingo.png
495KB, 1024x1119px
are we gonna make bingos or not
>>
Calling it now, Rachel's dark secret will be that she's straight
>>
>>179867571
Could be fun to make as the release dates get closer.
>>
File: 1478195835962.jpg (91KB, 842x842px) Image search: [Google]
1478195835962.jpg
91KB, 842x842px
>>179867730
>mfw
>>
>>179867730
The horror!
We already knew that. Or at the very most she's Bi but just didn't see Chloe the way Chloe was seeing her.
>>
>>179867571
>>179867771
suggestions?
>>
>>
>>179868054
>"hella"
>"I wish Max was here"
>"Life is [insert word that isn't "strange" here]"
>Sarcastic references to time travel
>Hawt Dawg Man in the background
>David Madsen makes accusations of drugs
>Awkward reference/foreshadowing to Rachel's body eventually being buried in the junkyard
>More references to the Prescott's being dicks
>>
File: tumblr_orazs4wESr1t4zp1mo1_1280.png (1MB, 703x1042px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orazs4wESr1t4zp1mo1_1280.png
1MB, 703x1042px
>>
>>179868054
hmm let me think
-Chloe says "hella" after hearing Rachel say it
-Chloe mentions missing Max or William *Bonus points for her trying to be pissed off at them*
-Chloe sees something and says Max would like it *bonus points if she actually uses the word "wowsers"*
-Chloe lashes out against someone she's talking to who really didn't deserve it
-Rachel flirts with Chloe
-Rachel flirts with someone who is not Chloe
-Something supernatural is hinted
-Something hinting towards Jefferson's crimes, stuff like people going missing
-A song we've heard in the original game plays
-Something from the real world mentioned to remind us what year the game is set in
-We see a Blackwell student we already know excluding Chloe, Rachel, and Nathan

How's that for a start?
>>
>>179869006
>-Something hinting towards Jefferson's crimes, stuff like people going missing

its already confirmed jefferson isnt gonna be in this, isnt it? so its likely before he arrived in arcadia bay
>>
>>Hella Walk with me
>>
>>179868559
I already know of one instance of the Prescotts being dicks. the notice in the sawmill that 300 workers were laid off and their pensions cancelled.
Then again they've mostly been scumbags for over a century judging by the letter Max found in the barn in episode 4.
>>
>>179869181
>no jefferson
>not kate

not even worth a pirate
>>
>>179869181
He probably won't appear in person but there's no way all those binder in the Dark Room were from just two years.
I think it's something he been doing for many years and in many states. Being buddies with the Prescotts just got him the Dark Room, a secure place to do it.
So maybe we'll see a news article about a missing girl or of one saying she was drugged but can't remember what happened.
>>
File: 1497326229398.jpg (142KB, 1443x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1497326229398.jpg
142KB, 1443x1075px
Kissu
>>
File: 1438560511561.jpg (55KB, 402x741px) Image search: [Google]
1438560511561.jpg
55KB, 402x741px
>>179869376
Yeah, that's why I wrote "more" references to the Prescott's being dicks. :P
>>
>>179869843
kiss kate, yes
kiss victoria, no
>>
>>
>>179869968
Oh okay, my bad. I'm sure there will be more than that one anyway.
The Prescotts, minus Kristine, do not seem like very nice people.
>>
>>179870213
They are so adorable and precious.
>>
File: 1459501869558.gif (2MB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459501869558.gif
2MB, 960x480px
>>179870493
Indeed they are
>>
Has anyone been reading the fic 'Small Things'?
It's quickly becoming one of my favorites. Reminds me a little bit of Ouroboros but more in character and with more a defined story.
>>
File: 1452122512165.jpg (283KB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
1452122512165.jpg
283KB, 1280x716px
>>
File: 1490386179141.png (178KB, 540x562px) Image search: [Google]
1490386179141.png
178KB, 540x562px
>>
File: 1495406311566.png (306KB, 806x958px) Image search: [Google]
1495406311566.png
306KB, 806x958px
Kate is number....
>>
File: etak.jpg (2KB, 102x125px) Image search: [Google]
etak.jpg
2KB, 102x125px
>>179871720
>>
>>179871192
>Reporter approaches Max and Chloe during the storm
>"Are you people stupid?! Do you not see the tornado off the coast? This is why I don't feel guilty about keeping the girl I love."
>Chloe blushes at the word "love"

>>179871469
Wonder who Chloe is texting
>>
>>179871720
>>179871786
>>
File: 1494618560571.jpg (947KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1494618560571.jpg
947KB, 3000x2250px
>>
File: lone chloe.png (3MB, 1920x978px) Image search: [Google]
lone chloe.png
3MB, 1920x978px
;_;
>>
File: 1497210486348.jpg (311KB, 1280x699px) Image search: [Google]
1497210486348.jpg
311KB, 1280x699px
PRICEFIELD FOREVER
>>
>>179872236
the pirate hat makes me most sad
>>
File: tumblr_nt8k5gn8w01sklvgqo1_1280.png (560KB, 550x664px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt8k5gn8w01sklvgqo1_1280.png
560KB, 550x664px
>>179872236
At least it gets better eventually...
Still, seeing Chloe so sad is really going to hurt. Going to need lots of cuteposting to help.

>>179872272
FOREVER AND EVER
>>
>>179872014
That scene is the very last we'll ever see of Kate and it isn't even the real Kate.
>>
>>179872236
this game is going to be a tearjerker bait isn't
>>
>>179872236
Is it normal for american teens to have some much crap on the walls?
>>
https://twitter.com/webbpickersgill/status/875188951660732416
Luc being as always Luc.
>>
>>179873437
I think most people at least have some stuff put up. Chloe's just someone who seemed to come into possession of something and then put it on her wall. Seems like as she got older more stuff got put up.

Nice that you can she keeps some actually sentimental stuff like the pirate hate and the photo of her and Max visible from another angle.
>>
>>179874728
Meeting Luc would be pretty cool. Even meeting Michel would be an experience.
So does this finally end all the talk of "Dontnod is angry with Deck Nine and angry about the prequel"? Luc's meeting with them and having (invisible) drinks.
>>
File: CGleT4pU8AAb-5b.png (540KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
CGleT4pU8AAb-5b.png
540KB, 600x598px
I want to see the first time Max introduces Chloe to Kate.
I'm sure that moment would be great. Kate hearing Max talk about Chloe before and it's clear there's really strong feelings of love, but Kate hasn't actually seen what Chloe looks like. Only heard descriptions from Max.

They go to a tea and coffee shop and Kate and Max take the bus there, Chloe shows up and enters, Kate's first reaction is a whispered "holy shit." After some introductions and conversation they are getting along decently.
>>
I want to hug Chloe and let her know that everything will be okay!
>>
>>179878234
She's in a bad place, and she's not okay. It's okay to not be okay.
>>
File: 1496717269203.png (146KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1496717269203.png
146KB, 500x357px
>>179879613
But everything eventually WILL be ok!
>>
>>179879663
Chloe is too beautiful for this world.
>>
Morning guys
What do you think about the new prequel?
>>
>>179880375
Cautiously optimistic, though very bummed they changed Chloe's VA
>>
>>179880375

I watched an interview on Gameslice with two of the Deck Nine Games developers and I believe their hearts are in the right place. Looking forward to August.
>>
>>179880580
I'm a little confused as to why they made it, since the point of a choice/consequence driven game is to make your own story and your own character development. We already know how these characters develop and what happens, so what is the point of the game? I dont know what theyre charging for it, but its definitely not worth a lot.
>>
>>179880375
>>179880759
>so what is the point of the game?

Literally opening old wounds - the video game. Not sure why anyone would voluntarely do this to themselves, let alone actually be hyped for it.
>>
>>179880759
That's bullshit.

It can give us insights into the character development that we had not had, previously. Quite a significant part of Chloe's relationship with Rachel was left ambiguous.
>>
>>179881048
The literal point of an action consequence choice game is to have a different story and different characters in sense of who they are to everyone else. We know that chloe ends up angry and sad and rachel ends up in the ground so why are they wasting their time making this? Its already a set story it doesnt need a choice based game where your choices do not and will not matter. Would have been better told if they made an online comic or an animated show, something along those lines

This isnt going to be worth buying, better off just watching a play through.
>>
>>179881335
Yes, and that will be felt in the world around you, in the context of this game.

You're basing the value of choices on to what extent they change the conclusion of the story. Watching the playthrough would reduce a major impact of the experience.
>>
>>179879663
It's okay once Max comes back and once Chloe takes a step back to look at herself and her behavior over a few years.
I do feel bad for her. Probably lots of regrets and even if she tries to shrug it off it's clear at a few time she feels really bad about some stuff she's done and how she's treated some people.
She does a lot of maturing over a very short period of time and it's because Max brings out the absolute best in her, and vice versa.
>>
>>179881160
Ambiguity isn't always a bad thing in story telling. We knew everything we needed to know about Chloe and Rachel's backstory to make Chloe's motivation and frustration plausible and give her character depth. I too see no reason to expand on this. I mean, it would make some sense if season 2 was about Chloe moving forward and they decided to give her this bit of extra character development beforehand, but considering none of the characters will be in season 2, this prequel just seems utterly pointless.
>>
File: IMG_2790.jpg (238KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2790.jpg
238KB, 1000x1000px
>tfw the general for a tumblr-tier narrative episodic game that hasn't had any new content for 19 months and has only just had a prequel announced that sounds kind of shitty has been more active than the general for fucking battlefield
just fuck my shit up family
>>
>>179881954
Feels bad man
>>
>>179880759
Never underestimate the Jew's ability to squeeze a profit out of something.
>>
File: IMG_3175.png (11KB, 551x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3175.png
11KB, 551x460px
>>179878234
she gon be ded
>>
File: 1475495107214.png (321KB, 580x653px) Image search: [Google]
1475495107214.png
321KB, 580x653px
>>
>>179878234
You can't because she is dead and it was entirely her fault
>>
Guys, did you see this interview of the bald guy from deck9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEIjUYqDtK4

They even mentioned the leaks in one of their questions...
Also, the interviewer wanted to know if the farewell bonus was Max leaving for Seattle but the guy from deck9 wouldn't say! I don't know if it's just to build up the hype of if we should expect something different
They also said they may changed a few things in the next episodes according to the players's feedback. The interviewers wanted to play as Chloe "when she dyes her hair" and mister deck 9 confirmed "don't worry you'll definitely see this transition in the game"
>>
File: 1462922848012.jpg (165KB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
1462922848012.jpg
165KB, 1280x723px
>>
File: Chloe_Timeline.jpg (2MB, 5643x5317px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe_Timeline.jpg
2MB, 5643x5317px
>>179886080
We will see her dye one streak.
>>
>despite LiS being labeled as an ''SJW'' game, Before the Storm was one of the few games presented at E3 with no forced diversity

really makes you think
>>
>>179889228
It's almost as if LiS isn't actually an SJW game
>>
File: 1459777718885.jpg (687KB, 4351x3186px) Image search: [Google]
1459777718885.jpg
687KB, 4351x3186px
Chloe is stronk
>>
>>179888445
So we will probably find out where (Deck Nine thinks) the famous boots and beanie came from!
>>
More Vampyr gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqmCPAjDavA
>>
>>179889278
B-but tumblr a-and blue haired lesbian!!
>>
>>179889973
wtf i hate life is strange now
>>
>>179889909
Gosh, I hate that haircut
>>
Lis
Life is shit
>>
File: Alice's babysitters.jpg (267KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
Alice's babysitters.jpg
267KB, 1280x828px
>>
File: aliceprice.jpg (98KB, 600x752px) Image search: [Google]
aliceprice.jpg
98KB, 600x752px
>>179890804
Chloe: not even once
>>
>>179845314
Where is this picture in OP from? Anyone?
>>
>>179891482
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOM3gOoTJ4s
>>
>>179891605
Thank you!
>>
>>179889228
Yes, it makes me think that /pol/ are sheltered manbabies who still aren't used to black people.
>>
>>179890804
>>179891251
Is Chloe a good influence on little impressionable Alice?
>>
File: Chloe and Alice.png (305KB, 650x737px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe and Alice.png
305KB, 650x737px
>>179892584
Absolutely!
>>
Daniel looks a little like harvey price, dont you think?
>>
>>179893008
He reminds of myself.
>>
File: 1494196429003.jpg (170KB, 1080x985px) Image search: [Google]
1494196429003.jpg
170KB, 1080x985px
>>179893567
me too
>>
>>179881732
>We knew everything we needed to know about Chloe and Rachel's backstory to make Chloe's motivation and frustration plausible and give her character depth

So you say. That was when the end goals were the events in the story, whereas this would have the end goal of Chloe's relationship with Rachel

It makes perfect sense when you stop looking at it in terms of purely how one can change the major events of the original.
>>
>>179882172
>>179881954
Plebby philistine posters, get out.
>>
File: long-haired chlo.jpg (313KB, 778x1080px) Image search: [Google]
long-haired chlo.jpg
313KB, 778x1080px
Reminder that long-haired Chloe is amazing
>>
>>179894437
Long hair chloe looks autistic
>>
File: tumblr_o1sdgq6A291r9zzt8o1_1280.png (551KB, 1150x1400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1sdgq6A291r9zzt8o1_1280.png
551KB, 1150x1400px
>>179894437
>>
File: LiS BandAU 2.jpg (127KB, 718x432px) Image search: [Google]
LiS BandAU 2.jpg
127KB, 718x432px
Is she rushing or is she dragging?
>>
File: snooze.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
snooze.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
Good night /lisg/
>>
File: morning grope.jpg (67KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
morning grope.jpg
67KB, 736x736px
Good morning /lisg/
>>
File: pride_month_by_maiqueti-dbck80w.jpg (496KB, 1280x1934px) Image search: [Google]
pride_month_by_maiqueti-dbck80w.jpg
496KB, 1280x1934px
>>179895635
Sleep well, Alice.

>>179895719
Have a nice day, anon.

The weekend's beginning!
>>
File: 1497494678816.png (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497494678816.png
1MB, 1280x960px
Happy Friday
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (66KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
66KB, 640x640px
>last few days, the weather here has been perfect
>few clouds most of the time, no rain
>just enough of a breeze to keep it cooler and to blow through the trees in just the right way
>going to bed at 5am because up all night and golden sunlight is creeping in the window

It's really making me miss Arcadia Bay guys.
I dont know whether I should replay and face the sadness or just wait a bit for Before the Storm and face that sadness instead.
>>
File: luc.png (710KB, 840x587px) Image search: [Google]
luc.png
710KB, 840x587px
Dontnod involved finally?
>>
File: new-trailer-the-emoji-movie.jpg (75KB, 696x464px) Image search: [Google]
new-trailer-the-emoji-movie.jpg
75KB, 696x464px
Why is Chloe in the emojii movie?
>>
File: 1490377792133.jpg (534KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490377792133.jpg
534KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: emoji3.png (684KB, 700x1486px) Image search: [Google]
emoji3.png
684KB, 700x1486px
>>179897762
spite
>>
I can't get "I feel numb in this kingdom" out of my head
>>
>>179898451
Here, this should help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwJqUbd1vzs
>>
File: usMrem4J.png (292KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
usMrem4J.png
292KB, 500x500px
>>179898554
NOOOO
>>
File: 1461614015081.jpg (30KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
1461614015081.jpg
30KB, 500x409px
>>179898451
fucking life is strange music

how the fuck do they do it
>>
File: 1454419423584.jpg (345KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1454419423584.jpg
345KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>179897762
"You'll be hearing from my lawyer!"

>>179897936
Sad Chloe makes me sad. The prequel is really going to be a punch to the gut.
>>
>>179899553
>We will hear 'Max & Chloe' in the Farewell episode
>>
>>179889228
in the new CoD's multiplayer you can customize your character so that you can be a black woman on the nazis. and DICE are making the russian bolt-action rifle class for BF1's upcoming eastern front DLC a woman, because there was one battalion of women that fought in one battle during the summer of 1917, so they're just gonna put them everywhere. it's amazing, really, what they're doing.
>>
File: tumblr_nsos91TFMg1uxcc2zo1_540.png (306KB, 540x340px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsos91TFMg1uxcc2zo1_540.png
306KB, 540x340px
>>179901080
As someone who loves history, stuff like that is disgusting.
Not only are they forcing an obvious agenda to try to get points from overly-whiny bastards who probably won't even play their games, they are disrespecting those groups they try to give more attention. By just folding them into every battle and squad, you ignore the achievements that made them special and worth including in the first place.
>>
>>179901080
>>179902301

Its worth noting that for COD, the campaign is going to be historically correct - i.e., white men for germany, the UK will have white and brown men, both sides might have a woman pretending to be a man, who knows.

But for multiplayer they said that accuracy was going to take a backseat and theyre just going to let people play as themselves in mp if they want.

Which is a pretty decent way to go about it I think.
>>
>>179902301
It's just revisionism, not historical inaccuracy.

Whiny /pol/babies are clearly pissed because they have the "evil feminist agenda" in their video games.
>>
File: IMG_3387.jpg (113KB, 960x504px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3387.jpg
113KB, 960x504px
>>179902301
>tfw this came true
>>
The farewell episode will be so heartbreaking
>>
File: tumblr_nvx4evECSF1sj5rhfo1_1280.jpg (294KB, 879x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvx4evECSF1sj5rhfo1_1280.jpg
294KB, 879x1200px
>>179902858
I will have to play LiS immediately afterward, to see Max and Chloe reunite and laugh and dance.
>>
File: 1462932853822.jpg (534KB, 1280x1892px) Image search: [Google]
1462932853822.jpg
534KB, 1280x1892px
>>179902858
Just remember that Max keeps her promise, even if it takes a while for her to fulfill it
>>
>>179897507
Do you think they get along well, or is it just a charade?
>>
>>179903771
Maybe dontnod had to sign a NDA to not talk about LiS at all on social media, and this is just to confirm there's no bad blood btwn the two dev teams
>>
>>179902839
I see revisionism and inaccuracy mostly as the same thing. Only difference is if its intentionally wrong or not. It's still wrong and if it's shown enough, some people will start to believe it.
Not that every game has to commit itself to being as accurate as possible, but people have no foot to stand on about there not being "enough women or minorities" in a game about a World War. You want to see those groups then focus on their exploits and show their story so people know it and respect it, don't just throw them into every scene regardless of when of where it is.
You're right about /pol/ though, they're the same as the SJWs. Two sides of the same stupid coin. Enough said about that though.

>>179903468
>>179903558
Replaying the original will probably be necessary after. Followed by binge reading post-bae/fix-it fics.
Hopefully the prequel will shed some light on previous mysteries and give more meaning to things.
It'd be interesting to see Dontnod reset the stats on the game and see if they differ at all.
>>
>>179904471
No such thing as the boogeyman "SJew"; they're merely a smokescreen, a cultural artefact of the ether, for inarticulate retards to point fingers at, instead of addressing individual claims.

I don't give a shit if you think that revisionism and historical inaccuracy are the same thing-- they're not, and have different literary meanings.
>>
>>179904471
>>179905694

Revisionism and innaccuracy are different things, with very different purposes, but they can have a similar effect in the end - just gotta see the number of people who think the Enigma code was broken by the US thanks to Hollywood.
I doubt they deliberately set out to try and revise history, but their innaccuracy (and more importantly, people's lack of giving enough of a shit to check the truth) leads to people believing in what is effectively revised history.

Different thing, very different intent, sometimes similar effect.
>>
>>
File: 1474115778614.jpg (166KB, 876x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474115778614.jpg
166KB, 876x1080px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQGreZ-ZLj4
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xJeqkA1SXg
>>
>>179908234
>I'm so snarky, and unamused
>Am I funny yet, guys?
>>
>>179910172
Cringe.
>>
File: 1438558492848.jpg (615KB, 1126x3282px) Image search: [Google]
1438558492848.jpg
615KB, 1126x3282px
>>179903849
They've tweeted about Season 1 stuff over E3, though I assume you mean BtS specifically?

If anything, this seems a little backwards to me. If there were LiS-specific contractual agreements controlling their social media, I'd expect such contracts would -require- Dontnod to do some token retweeting of BtS content for advertisement purposes. Especially if, as we've been told, they're positive about the quality of the game Deck Nine have produced.

I still don't know what to make of it. I'm hopeful it's all just weird misunderstanding and that we're reading too much into social media. Or, at the very least, they're being snarky about SE using their franchise against their wishes, and that they otherwise have no bad blood against Deck Nine and what they've created.
>>
Scat tell us a story
>>
Scat, don't
>>
File: edit.png (4MB, 1126x3282px) Image search: [Google]
edit.png
4MB, 1126x3282px
>>179910784
I had to.
>>
>>179911267
He is a fucking awful writer, that thinks he's funny.
>>
File: 1445979929083.gif (2MB, 360x277px) Image search: [Google]
1445979929083.gif
2MB, 360x277px
>>179911283
Excuse me asshole, but where exactly do you think we are right now?!
>>
>>179911729
i'll head back to my mommy gf general then
>>
>>179911638
Why are you so salty about him? Is it because you tried to be 'Trans Rachel Writer' and instantly got shit on?
>>
File: 1440370650560.jpg (105KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1440370650560.jpg
105KB, 500x555px
>>179912243
(I hope you didn't take my post too seriously, I just always enjoy having the chance to post that gif! c:)
>>
>>179912331
What? That wasn't me.
>>
File: 1431022813230.png (1MB, 1018x728px) Image search: [Google]
1431022813230.png
1MB, 1018x728px
>ywn go to church with kate and then enjoy a nice sunday breakfast
>>
>>179912421
That picture is unhealthy, and abusive!
>>
>>179910249
>not enjoying cr1t1kal
There is something missing in your soul my friend
>>
>>179913764
Yes, "shitty sense of humour" is missing.
>>
File: 1446196334205.png (296KB, 500x593px) Image search: [Google]
1446196334205.png
296KB, 500x593px
>>179913962

I am sorry anon.
I will pray for your soul.

I'd post a pic of Kate here but I dont have any saved
>>
>>179913962
Fuck out of here, cr1tikal is amazing
>>
>>179914117
>>179914141
Ew, the plebs are multiplying.
>>
File: kate_pet2.png (694KB, 854x1270px) Image search: [Google]
kate_pet2.png
694KB, 854x1270px
>>179914117
>I'd post a pic of Kate here but I dont have any saved

got you covered
>>
File: 1445735484422.png (647KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445735484422.png
647KB, 720x720px
>>179914226
You're a doll

>>179914141
Hella yeah my dude
>>
>>179914198
>cums over chloe
>implying youre not a pleb

We need scat in here to change the mood. If the anon is here that was talking to him last night, try and get him on?
>>
Are we arguing about Let's Players again? Because who has the best LiS Let's Play, and why is it Matt and Liam of The Best Friends Zaibatsu? Mostly because they picked the Bae Ending and the sheer hatred for Warren Warren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_OS-EouTjo
>>
>>179914417
He'll cancer the place up.

I don't "cum over Chloe", thank you very much.
>>
>>179914432
They don't hate him for any legitimate reason, like we do.
>>
>>179914821
I mean, Liam thinks he's skeevy as all get out, from what I remember. Is that not true of LiSg as well?
>>
>>179914687
What has he done thats so cancerous?
>>
>>179914432
Is this an American thing? Do you all like obnoxious loudmouths, and really find that funny?
>>
>>179916006
They're Canadian.
>>
>>179916224
Same thing tbf
>>
>>179916498
They're really not.

t. American
>>
Seems like a fair amount of people really have little hope for the prequel. Even if I'm hyped a little bit, I'm also concerned they will fail at telling a story important to LiS, but that really doesn't need to be told in great detail. We knew enough about Rachel and Chloe for the purposes needed in the game to serve as a plot point. Many of us even drew our own conclusions on what their past was and what kind of friend/person Rachel is.
The prequel can't make me not love Chloe and want to help her, but I may not be the least sympathetic towards Rachel if they make her seem mean and nothing like how Chloe described her. The prequel is risking a lot when they don't need to and just because DNG are fans of the game that doesn't meant they will definitely do it justice or in a way most agree with. Just as if any fic writer, or fan here or elsewhere, became dedicated enough to make a game. their heart may be in the right place but the results may not be good.

Anyway, typing this because I got thinking after I saw an update to a series of fics I enjoyed. Even though they were very dark, cruel, and violent at times. The stories were well-planned, made Arcadia Bay into a very interesting and strange place by expanding/creating lore, and things worked out in the end for most characters.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11828459/23/Legend-Has-It
The author is clearly concerned about the prequel but is going to add on to their own story.
If the prequel does end up being bad then we may see other authors create, resurrect, or start adding to stories.
Even though it's my hope that the prequel ends up being a valuable addition into the LiS timeline and not something we wish we could rewind. (Okay, that was hella cheesy)
At least it won't change the ultimate outcome of things and preclude Max and Chloe from their happy ending together.
>>
>>179917236
I guess americans are little fatter but other than that?
>>
>>179917643

If nothing else, the announcement of BtS has made me want to pick up the stories I started and never finished wway back when.

The end slayed me and made me want to write a better one, but then the misery cloud passed and I lost the impetus.
>>
>>179917834
Go for it! Maybe I'll even get inspired enough to typed something.
Lord knows I've had enough ideas in my head that I've shared here but that may be able to be formatted into a readable oneshot or story.
Skippy turned a bunch of greentexts over multiple threads into a nice story.
Someone mentioned the possibility of an /lisg/ fic competition, that could be cool.
However I'm going out very soon so I'd only be able to reply and discuss stuff later.
>>
>>179918218
>Someone mentioned the possibility of an /lisg/ fic competition, that could be cool.

Oh hey, that'd be kinda sweet
>>
>>179917643
>Muh headcanon is ruined

Too bad. Suck it up, buttercup. It's not a real criticism.

If it differs from what Chloe tells, that's a further insight into who Chloe is, and what that says about her. It's a fascinating aspect of writing: character subjectivity! Characters are seeing things through their own emotions! Isn't it curious?
>>
>>179918884
You forget that this entire general lives and breaths on headcanon.
>>
>>179918884
It's not about headcanon and there will still be plenty of room for each person to fill in the blanks however they see fit. It's about it being believable and fitting in with the story we already know.
It's a prequel and needs to serve its purpose, if it doesn't then it should be criticized. But it's not even out yet and I'm nowhere close to forming any kind of judgement on it. My feelings remain cautious optimism, I like what I've seen so far.
>>
>>179918884
So whatever dj2 says in the TV show will be canon as well. And their actresses will be how they would look like in real life.

It's official after all!
>>
>>179919730
You said that your ideas about Rachel not coming true is an objectively bad thing. You said that Rachel not matching up with Chloe recount is a bad thing. You are narratively illiterate.
>>
>>179919892
That's not what I claimed, strawmanfag.
>>
>>179920292
So is everything unquestionably canon beyond criticism in Before the Storm for you, or not? Because the exact same would have to go for the dj2 production, buttercup.

Apropos: The TV show's estimated release was moved to 2018 (https://dj2entertainment.com/film-and-series). I can't help but feel this is because they wanted to avoid an overlap with BtS.
>>
>>179920661
No, you moron. That's not what I said.
>>
File: 1496152214884.jpg (66KB, 750x999px) Image search: [Google]
1496152214884.jpg
66KB, 750x999px
>>179920783
Drama alert.
>>
>>179920783
So you don't think it is, just wanted to have that clarified.
>>
>>179920924
I'm not saying "yes" or "no". I'm saying that I never claimed one way or the other, you manipulative cunt.
>>
Looks like the drama needs breaking up here
>>
File: max shower.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
max shower.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
Is it just me or the sign on the girls dorm showers is clearly a funny reference to Max...? Unless a lot of students have the same haircut but I feel it hard to believe.
>>
>>179921385
So do your front teeth.
>>
>>179921512
>>
>>179921095
So you simply don't want to answer the question because you don't want to answer it for yourself either, you hyprocrite.

You don't want to go all the way with the statement that IP-backed thoughts are worth more than ours - you only want it to apply to BtS, because you know dj2 will use the official IP to make Chloe something you don't want her to be. Your poor headcanon will have to suffer, Chloe is whatever the men behind dj2 want her to be. They have the official, legal right.
>>
>>179921512
You seem to be a little bit upset, maybe sit down and take a breather
>>
>>179921670
Actually, no.

I said that his interpretation of the rules of canon are objectively incorrect, and therefore not a canon that could be broken; having Chloe view Rachel differently to what she actually was is not "breaking canon". It's exploring Chloe's perception.

Your example would be upsetting, but not exactly incorrect unless they broke canon.
>>
>>179922403
>It's exploring Chloe's perception.
Chloe's perception... in the eyes of Deck Nine's writer team. As opposed to Chloe's perception... in our eyes. If their canon trumps our "headcanon", so does dj2's canon. Suck it up, buttercup?
>>
what kind of retardation did I awaken to?

can we just get back to comfy and cuteposting
>>
>>179922718
No, I said the actual fact of exploring that isn't breaking canon.
>>
Anybody have bought redbubble merch?
>>
>>179924381
But you said more than that.

You said:

"Too bad. Suck it up, buttercup. It's not a real criticism. If it differs from what Chloe tells, that's a further insight into who Chloe is, and what that says about her."

With this statement, you suggest that our interpretation of Chloe's perception is "headcanon" that is trumped by Deck Nine's "canon" interpretation of Chloe's perception, as long as it is at all canonically possible. But everything is a canonical possibility: Deck Nine could even have Chloe fall into a coma in the end and establish Season 1 was merely her comatose dream of Max returning. So they wouldn't have to be consistent with any of Season 1, because it is now simply, canonically, non-criticizably a dream. Or more simply, one could say: Everything in Season 1 is merely Max's perception, so it is all canonically malleable anyway.

That would then be... upsetting, but not canon-breaking, right? We couldn't muster a real criticism of it, for our non-IP-backed thoughts are invalid and we'll just have to suck it.

This is about a principle: Are our thoughts on the original canon valid criticisms of the canon of other IP-backed stories in the franchise, or are they not?
>>
File: received_1973987906210157.jpg (6KB, 480x106px) Image search: [Google]
received_1973987906210157.jpg
6KB, 480x106px
This thread.
I think its time scat told us a story
>>
>>
>>179926057
Then, it would be within the boundaries of an established canon. It needs to have some consistency with canon, and evidence pointing to Rachel being multi-faceted is there. To make it as you said would be break a fourth-wall of sorts, of the legitimacy of the actual events. Expanding on those events within the boundaries of the established canon is surely valid.

I think your criticisms are valid, but are they really sensible?
>>
File: hu.png (780KB, 826x535px) Image search: [Google]
hu.png
780KB, 826x535px
Lis cinematic universe confirmed
>>
>>179930746
can't believe they got robert downey jr to play mr.jefferson
>>
>>179929083
I'm obviously being a bit ridiculous playing Devil's Advocate against the notion that we'll have to blindly accept everything our overlords Square decide to lend officiality to, but in the principle of it, there is no difference between validity and sensibility of our criticism: either everything they say within their use of the IP is beyond criticism, or nothing is.

First we have to agree whether our criticism can be at all valid, then we can talk about whether it is sensible. I say this because I don't want the general's future to be "suck it up!" knockout arguments to an extent where we can't intellecutally or emotionally challenge anything said in the canon of new entries to the franchise. Some of us might be whinier than others, more dedicated, but if there's an argument to be made, I think that argument should be met on the grounds of the original canon, with equal validity of our thoughts to those of the respective writers, from where people could then discuss which of the two are the more sensible thoughts. The IP-backed thoughts will always be official, but that doesn't mean our thoughts and feelings are meaningless.

Basically, I think LiS, the original canon, is our overlord, not the Square and their authority over the IP. Even a new entry to the frnachise from dontnod themselves would have to stand for such criticism.

At least that's what I think.
>>
RACHEL IS A SKINWALKER
>>
>>179931552
Yes, you're clearly right. I think I established the principle just for my argument's sake, when it doesn't hold water. Nothing within their uwe of IP is beyond criticism, I agree.

It should be held to the overlordship of the original game, and it seems that expanding Chloe's relationship with Rachel beyond the surface of her perception of Rachel is sensible.
>>
>>179933404
STEALING MY FUCKING ORIGINAL PHRASE
>>
File: 1469843464986.png (173KB, 470x669px) Image search: [Google]
1469843464986.png
173KB, 470x669px
>>179933404
SKIN WALK WITH ME
>>
>>179930746
Jefferson looks like he has down syndrome
>>
File: 1496920344169.png (898KB, 720x2526px) Image search: [Google]
1496920344169.png
898KB, 720x2526px
Isnt this how chloe realises rachel is trans
>>
File: Hilarious.gif (2MB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
Hilarious.gif
2MB, 245x320px
>>179935732
Shit's cash
>>
File: 9UvBMkz.jpg (122KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
9UvBMkz.jpg
122KB, 900x720px
So we're probably going to see an influx of new fan art over the next 6 months. What sort of images are you guys hoping to see?

Pic related. A fan art of Kate and Max.
>>
>>179937190
>Pic related. A fan art of Kate and Max.
u sure
>>
>>179937190
oh great more chloe and rachel shit
>>
File: 1438502233197.png (434KB, 800x653px) Image search: [Google]
1438502233197.png
434KB, 800x653px
>>179937874
>>
File: 1496922083034.jpg (152KB, 720x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1496922083034.jpg
152KB, 720x1536px
>>179935732
Alyssa fantasising about being taken to the dark room be like
>>
>>179933526
With regards to anon's original statement, while it is possible that Chloe suffered Stockholm Syndrome and was the emotional prisoner of a mean, moody "sad Chloe's fucking sad again" Rachel, I would argue that, more sensibly, Chloe's feelings for Rachel and their expression in the context of the original have to mean that Rachel genuinely and openly did care about her. Rachel's letter(s) show that she was not actually mean-spirited toward Chloe, romantically or otherwise - at worst obliviously hurtful, at best protectively. A portrayal of Rachel that has her use and mistreat Chloe with purpose could be regarded (and rejected) as canonically inconsistent. Chloe certainly idealized Rachel, and learned of and understood things about her and herself she couldn't or wouldn't have prior to Max returning... but if Rachel's atittude towards Chloe doesn't significantly change from some of the stand-offish, secretive, disregardful behaviour of the preview, I don't think I'd say Deck9's done her character and their relationship justice.

Similarly, the expression of Chloe's romantical feelings for Rachel and vice-versa in the original suggests that they never were a thing. Chloe says she crushed on Rachel. I'd argue that alone is already pretty unreasonably inconsistent with the notion that they had ever been a couple. Further, upon Max's question whether Chloe's ever had a serious boyfriend or something, she answers "nothing serious". ...So if BtS has them become a couple, is that really sensible? I guess a short, wild 16-year-old summer "love" could be possible, but even then, would Chloe retroactively call it something not-serious, if she believed she had loved Rachel, had as hopelessly and desperately convinced herself Rachel did the same, as the original suggests? I would argue a more sensible interpretation of Chloe's perception is that she would take such a "summer love" as the most serious thing that's happened in her life, romantically, before Max.
>>
Pricefield shall prevail
>>
File: tumblr_o176gyuJgz1t1huhbo2_1280.png (1MB, 1280x942px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o176gyuJgz1t1huhbo2_1280.png
1MB, 1280x942px
>>179937190
Somehow I get the feeling BtS will lend itself worse to cutesy fanart, so maybe those among us who want the more "serious" stuff will be happy with the kind of things we'll likely be seeing more of, proportionately.
>>
I really wish i would have been around when the game was still incomplete and everybody was theorizing what was going to happen. I bet it was amazing and full of passion and hate of the ending.
I suppose now i have a chance going forward.
>>
>>179941626
I first played this game only two weeks ago, and I went in knowing only two things: it contained cute lesbians and the endings fucking sucked. Even prepared for a shitty ending, I've been depressed since i finished the game. I dont know how I would have handled it if I'd actually gone into episode 5 with months of hype and expectations of an ending that made sense.
>>
>>179940246
On the note of that artwork's style... I find it a little weird that they'll apparently be using the same visual effect for the major choice screen that the original did. It was supposed to be a photo effect, marking a significant event-in-time... but photography and time travel are not themes in Before the Storm.

Then again, photos represent "moments in time" in the LiS lore, so freezing the decisive moment in a photo effect could still be a relevant motif for the prequel. Dunno, it seems like a little example of where their trying to replicate the original stylistically might seem cheap or ring hollow narratively as it doesn't mean in the context of itself what it did in the original.
>>
oh shit I missed Kate's VA stream
>>
Hey I'm new here, just finished the game yesterday but couldn't get enough so I'm reading theories and everything I can get my hands on.
Can somebody give me a quick rundown to why warren is.. bad? I genuinely liked him and didn't think his motives were all too bad. It could be because they deliberately tricked me into thinking so. But I didn't think he was creepy in any way. I even go as far as to say he was rather cute (well stop me here if needed it could very well say everything about the way I view myself and my relationship to women ). If he only wanted sex, he would have acted different, wouldn't he.

And holy shit fuck Alyssa why the hell is she so damn obnoxious. Fat piece of shit
>>
>>179942957
Another concern for me is the fact that they came up with a story here because they wanted to create another entry to the franchise, rather than creating another entry to the franchise because they came up with a story. We know that Square approached Deck9, who then pretty much brainstormed the script from the ground up. They played with ideas ranging from doing a DLC for the main game to controlling Rachel at different points, to having another superpower, and so on. Basically, they created the story for the game's sake, and not the game for the story's sake. They didn't have something that inspired and compelled its inception, there is no original spark of concept, no central, carrying, driving artistic purpose. No spirit. It was about making money and gaining a footing in the industry.

So in this admittedly rather esoterical sense, I think it will be all the more important that Deck9 at least in parts manages to capture the spirit of the original, and is very consistent with it, on multiple levels, so that it may inherit a "spiritual value" from it - something that seems passionate about itself, where you feel the attention and dedication, the love in the craft, and more importantly, in the world and characters themselves, that alive quality, that to this day has me under its spell, the environments and the characters so close and personal, so familiar, intimate.
>>
>>179942957

That's an interesting point anon.

What could/would work better for Chloe's backtalk/cheeky fukr ability?

Everything slows to a crawl and gradually black pen drawings appear on people in shot.
First a moustache is drawn on whoever she's talking to. Then glasses. Then buckteeth.
>>
>>179943270
nobody hates here warren but his fans are the worst
>>
>>179943886
Yes, that.

Or something that represents the blurriness of an adrenaline moment? Blur, rapid small movements, increased saturation... Chloe's impulsive and emotional, her choice screen could reflect that somehow, give us the feedback that her emotions are in overdrive, maybe actually have her thoughts rolling for it as well.
>>
Mt Washington > obstacles
>>
>>179944950
Spanish Sahara >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest
>>
>>179945160
Hmmm that's weird. I dont remember that song
>>
>>179944492
Same here. I don't hate him. Its just fun making fun of him and calling him a cuck. It's all fun and games. Max friendzones him without the player influence.
>>
>>179941626
I only heard about it when episode 3 was out
playing episode 4 when it came out was great
episode 5 not so much
>>
>>179943541
I agree with you. To capture the spirit they tried to recreate the same visual feeling. But for the feeling that came from the Max-Chloe relationship (because that's the LiS fulcrum), it will only depend on how well they manage to establish the Rachel-Chloe bond..., Max opened up pretty fast to Chloe while Rachel was secretive... That's gonna be the issue of the prequel : same location, same visual effects, but not this mix of hope, despair and melancholy that gave LiS this unique feel.
>>
File: 1497497469922.jpg (2MB, 4631x3971px) Image search: [Google]
1497497469922.jpg
2MB, 4631x3971px
Warren is okay
>>
>>179942957
Yep that strikes me as odd too. I had this crazy idea they wanted us to believe Chloe wasn't really the one making her own choices: the illuminati are the ones who reincarnated Rachel as a doe, gave Max powers, engineered a storm and let cryptic graffiti everywhere in Aracadia Bay. I really hope they won't do that
>>
>>179946916
>engineered a storm
its already at the very least implied the prescotts knew about the storm in advance, and maaaaybe are involved in causing it. Unused audio even has Nathan straight up tell you 'The storm is coming and you're all going to die!'

Also their dark room is called the Stormbreaker Bunker.
>>
Illuminati and aliens are behind the events. Max and friends are just puppets
>>
Hey guys, if you took the picture of David harassing Kate and then told it to Jefferson, he says "okay you'll show it to me after class". What do you think would have happened if Kate didn't try to kill herself?
The way I see it it was the last class of the day, Jefferson and Max would have been alone in the classroom. Would he had tried something? Would he had gone to the principal with Max to reinforce her trust in him and make ker an easy prey?
I have the feeling he would have tried something, especially after Max mentioned Rachel
>>
>>179947236
Except the devs changed the plot midway making the unused stuff non-canon.
When is the name stombreaker mentioned? I can't remember
>>
File: stormbreaker.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stormbreaker.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>179947742
On this paper you find in the dark room
>>
>>179947519
What could he possibly have tried in the middle of school on a school day? It's not like threatening Max would be to his benefit as it would make him suspicious, and even less that he could have drugged and walked out with her over his shoulder. He had to start class, but wanted to find more about what Max knew. David questioning Kate is relevant to Jefferson.
>>
File: cano.png (12KB, 501x142px) Image search: [Google]
cano.png
12KB, 501x142px
If it weren't clear by now, here's the writer of Life is Strange's original script confirming that he had nothing to do with the prequel.

And at the same time, confirming that he did write both the story and characters for LiS2.
>>
File: 1478949221203.jpg (353KB, 1280x2129px) Image search: [Google]
1478949221203.jpg
353KB, 1280x2129px
>>
File: Max_Photos-3.png (270KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
Max_Photos-3.png
270KB, 600x424px
Why is Max smiling and enjoying her in Seattle when her BFFL is alone and depressed?
Max is an awful friend. Shame on her! There was Myspace by then!
>>
>>179946904
I hope he survived the storm and went on to find a girl who returns his feelings but still remained friends with Max
>>
>>179949361
I don't think Dontnod contributed anything other than some already existing assets.
The prequel seems to be entirely Deck Nine, so while I wish them the best of luck and hope the result is good, we don't know anything about them.
I hope since their fans of the game that they get it and use their passion to try to bring to life a part of the story we haven't seen yet. If they nail it and do it well, then maybe by some miracle they will get green lighted for a bonus sequel episode after the storm.
>>
started playing the game the other day and finished it like 2 days later, its my favorite game now and i literally dont want to play anything else now and its all i can think about. i cant just continue playing the game forever because the experience will progressively get worse and less meaningful. what do?
>>
>>179951074
shitpost in /lisg/, thats the only option

What ending did you pick
>>
File: tumblr_omtia1q4Hx1qld217o1_1280.jpg (377KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omtia1q4Hx1qld217o1_1280.jpg
377KB, 1280x960px
Comfy!
>>
>>179951141
the only acceptable ending of course
i got insanely attached to chloe so i theres no way in fuck id let her die
>>
File: 1453968839829.jpg (309KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453968839829.jpg
309KB, 1920x1080px
>>179950812
>If they nail it and do it well, then maybe by some miracle they will get green lighted for a bonus sequel episode after the storm.
Excuse me but no, after this prequel thing, I don't want my precious favorite title to be permanently shared by two different teams.

I would only be okay with something like this if they created a sort of shared, mutual writing team that is constantly kept in contact with each other and act in harmony.

Which would be a literal miracle, so, pretty much never.
>>
>>179948289
>Signed by Sean Prescott

Meaning construction took place recently. The question is whether the mention of Cold War era bunkers was a red herring or if the patriarch of the Prescott family upgraded an existing structure.
>>
>>179951373
well done anon
even just the thought that OTHER people sacrificed chloe makes me sad af
>>
File: 1462460598901.jpg (55KB, 341x447px) Image search: [Google]
1462460598901.jpg
55KB, 341x447px
>>179951141
>>179951373
There's only one acceptable ending.

TURN. THE. GAME. OFF.
>>
File: 1454883060610.jpg (240KB, 1280x914px) Image search: [Google]
1454883060610.jpg
240KB, 1280x914px
>>
File: 1484692354621.png (4MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1484692354621.png
4MB, 1920x2160px
>>179951374
My main concern is what will happen in the sequel. The prequel looks cool and genuinely in the spirit of the first Season. It would've been better if they brought the original voice team back, but otherwise they've done a good job.

Knowing that it'll be the last time we see Max and Chloe...That hurts.
>>
>>179951545
makes me sad too :(
btw is saving chloe the canon choice?
>>
>>179952180
its the choice that makes the most narrative sense, but dontnod and now decknine both absolutely refuse to canonize anything
>>
>>179952292
wouldnt they kind of have to canonize stuff (especially the ending) for a sequel to happen though? unless they just completely remove arcadia bay and god forbid chloe and pretend they didnt exist?
>>
>>179951545
It breaks my heart and pains me every time somebody says they chose to go along with it and sacrifice Chloe.
Well, you can't win them all
>>
>>179952526
Next game is supposedly not going to include Max or Chloe. Could even be set prior to season 1 because fuck you thats why.

Best possible scenario for s2 is we get an offhand mention of a freak tornado in some tiny town in Oregon, but I doubt we get even that.
>>
>>179952526
There won't be a sequel. S2 will be new characters and new story.
>>
>>179952750
>>179952780
well thats interesting, TIL. not sure how i feel about that but im sure i will probably fall in love with the new characters and story just like how i did with this one
>>
>>179949816
Of course they had to look chubbier. Kys
>>
>>179952180
It's the only choice Max would make. Well that and going back to warn more people.

>>179951545
>>179952654
Me third. How could anyone kill Chloe, doom Max, destroy the lives of Joyce and David, and Ryan and Vanessa, and then say they did something heroic?
Utilitarians are some very foolish people.
>>
>>179953056
I'm kind of looking forward to new characters and a new setting. Entirely clean slate to develop characters and become attached, and hopefully a new chance to write a story that's consistent and doesn't boil down to a cliche binary choice.
>>
>>179953298
Me too. But Pricefield forever
>>
>>179953056

Im kinda looking forward to it, but honestly I dont know if I believe that lightning is going to strike twice.

Max and Chloe got under my skin like no other vidya characters have.
I kinda doubt that Dontnod will pull itoff a second time.

I mean hell, Chloe got me cos she was way too relatable for me, and I doubt anyone like that will show in the second game.
And honestly if they did it would just feel like a retread with a faux chloe.

Faux-e
>>
>>179953298
yea thats how i am going to try to look at it. max reminds me of a good friend of mine that i have feelings for though so its kinda hard for me to let max go ;_;
>>
>>179953159
>It's the only choice Max would make. Well that and going back to warn more people.

This, I think, is the key factor. Regardless of what you personally think is the right choice, even if you're one of those people who despises Chloe, its very clear what choice Max would make. The game drills it into every 30 seconds: Chloe before literally anyone else. Max even already makes this choice, albeit on a smaller scale, when she chooses to let William die to not even SAVE Chloe, but just to unparalyze her.

When Chloe first floats the idea that she needs to die to stop the storm, Max's immediate response is "Fuck that! No way! You are my number one priority now. You are all that matters to me." Chloe has to basically beg her to even consider saving Arcadia Bay. Its pretty clear even in the Bay ending, Max isnt doing what she does for Arcadia Bay, she's doing what Chloe says she wants her to do.
>>
File: 1487823946870.jpg (37KB, 666x607px) Image search: [Google]
1487823946870.jpg
37KB, 666x607px
s-stop making sense baefags! you guys are murderers! max is not a monster
>>
>>179952180
Neither ending is canon, though arguably the Bay ending is the -intended- ending, even if the logic is a bit borked.
>>
File: 1484692196245.jpg (432KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1484692196245.jpg
432KB, 1280x1280px
>>179951948
Yes. Do it for Joyce. Sacrifice her dyke daughter and end her suffering.
>>
File: bayfagmoralizing.png (85KB, 1144x715px) Image search: [Google]
bayfagmoralizing.png
85KB, 1144x715px
>>179954136
>yfw when there actually are people who legitimately believe shit like this
>>
>>
>>179954203
>Ending tacked on during development of Episode 4
>Has three bits of dialogue throughout the entire game to support it
>Intended
HAAHWAAW
>>
File: ArmyOfTwo.jpg (971KB, 4792x2984px) Image search: [Google]
ArmyOfTwo.jpg
971KB, 4792x2984px
>>179954485
Rewind is their helmet.
>>
File: 1438575572639.png (741KB, 840x864px) Image search: [Google]
1438575572639.png
741KB, 840x864px
>>179954523
It clearly was the intended ending though.
>>
An otter in my water!
>>
File: tumblr_ob7u9zuawD1qi90n1o1_1280.jpg (238KB, 1194x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob7u9zuawD1qi90n1o1_1280.jpg
238KB, 1194x1920px
>>179953763
You don't have to let them go. Even with the prequel and sequel I will be Pricefield 4lyfe.

>>179953901
Max just wanting to save and keep Chloe is more than enough justification to pick Bae. What pushes it over the edge is when you start thinking how Max would have no way to know letting Chloe potentially die would work, or when you consider just what it means for the other characters.
>>
>>179954651
Nope.
Their intended endings were Hospital or Saving Chloe, in both Chloe is alive.

I don't care if they tried to bolster the weak Sacrifice Chloe ending with a longer cinematic, it still doesn't fit into the story and betrays its themes.
>>
>>179954665
DUN DUN DUN DUN
>Nervous Max
"The Gay Chloe Shark is a solitary predator. It is very specific in what it preys upon, in fact its only prey is the Hipster Max Otter. The otter is right to be wary as it senses the presence of the shark, but it's too late. The shark pounces and the otter has no escape. Within seconds, the shark has made its move and glomped the otter."
>>
>>
I'm curious to see how and what we learn about Rachel during the course of the game. I think a challenging thing for this game to do well is going to be how much is revealed to the player about Rachel vs how much is revealed to Chloe about Rachel. I'm looking forward to Rachel and her motives being hashed out because not only is it interesting on its own, it sheds light onto Chloe's character. Based on what I've seen so far in the 20 minutes of play, the trailer, and in the original game, Rachel seems to genuinely care for Chloe but is probably holding her at arms length, most likely to protect her for something. Or it could be as simple as Rachel doesn't want to disappoint anyone so she just juggles relationships and doesn't clearly define them. As long as they don't make Chloe a complete moron or Rachel a complete bitch, I think I'll be happy.
>>
File: 1439763705123.png (149KB, 490x450px) Image search: [Google]
1439763705123.png
149KB, 490x450px
>>179954835
>Nope.
Nope to your nope.

>Their intended endings were Hospital or Saving Chloe, in both Chloe is alive.
That was earlier in development though. The entire reason why they changed the hospital ending was because they -did- intend for it to be properly split between "saving Chloe" or "saving the town". They said they changed it because the "Chloe in a coma" result didn't work with what they wanted, it was too open.

>I don't care if they tried to bolster the weak Sacrifice Chloe ending with a longer cinematic, it still doesn't fit into the story and betrays its themes.
I don't disagree. But this isn't the point I'm arguing. I'm not saying they did a good job of trying to supply a reasonable and consistent justification for it, I'm merely pointing out that the Bay ending is the -intended- ending. Not the canon ending, not necessarily the "justified" or "moral" ending, but the -intended- ending.
>>
>>179955610
If you start out trying to bake a cake but end up burning your house down that does not change your original intention of trying to bake the cake.
It just means you fucked up.
>>
File: nn0zouVFWE1tq5i4bo2_1280.png (920KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
nn0zouVFWE1tq5i4bo2_1280.png
920KB, 1280x1810px
>>179955587
I definitely think we will see a big amount of development from Rachel. We have to for her to go from someone actively trying to push Chloe away, to someone Chloe regards as her best friend since Max left and someone she thought she had a future with.
All we've seen so far is from the first few days Chloe and Rachel really started hanging out. The game has over a year of time to play around with and explore their friendship. I think it will be more of an origin story to that friendship than a comprehensive look from beginning to end, just their first real challenges they encountered that brought them very close together. I'm sure we'll also get some hints about Rachel's family and other relationships that were being hidden from Chloe for one reason or another.
>>
Did everybody forgot about Vampyr already?
>>
>>179943270
I don't think Warren is bad. He's actually a pretty realistic portrayal of an awkward 16 year old boy. Some people are just so hardcore Max/Chloe that they can't stand the idea the game gives the option of having Max return Warrens feelings even a little bit. Also I'm sure people see a lot of their younger selves in Warrens character. But to be fair to the Warren haters, there is some questionable stuff he is doing in the background of the story. One big thing is his trying to make a movie date with Max when it's revealed at some point he's already made a date with Brooke. Another thing is some picture you find in his gym locker that the game is ambiguous about whether or not he photoshoped himself and Max together in it.
>>
File: 1439155811079.png (1MB, 1280x788px) Image search: [Google]
1439155811079.png
1MB, 1280x788px
>>179955921
>If you start out trying to bake a cake but end up burning your house down that does not change your original intention of trying to bake the cake.
Sure, but this goes against your own argument. Because, like I said, they've stated that their original intention was for there to be a deliberate delineation between the "save Chloe" and "save the town" endings, which, again by their own admission, the hospital ending didn't fulfil. The hospital ending was the failed attempt at their initial intention for the "save Chloe" option, not the cemetery ending.

But this is all by-the-by.
>>
>>179956350
Well even in the 20 minute preview we see that Frank has feelings for Rachel because he stops those two guys from going over and harassing her and Chloe when they're heading into the mosh pit area. Who knows if there's already a relationship between him and Rachel at that point but he's clearly protective of her.
>>
File: Balaraika 4.png (345KB, 706x652px) Image search: [Google]
Balaraika 4.png
345KB, 706x652px
>>
>>
>>179957045
It may show that but it also shows how Frank and Chloe had some kind of friendship. They're busting each others balls and talking. He's defending Rachel and Chloe from the two guys. They have a dynamic I'd like to see more of in the prequel and you got small hints in the game with how he's always making comment about Chloe and Max.

I think they used to be a little bit closer, but Frank becoming jealous of Chloe spending time with Rachel (Even if Rachel didn't love Chloe back) and Rachel's eventual disappearance really put a strain on him.
With the truth about Rachel known, and no more reason to fight, Chloe and Frank could become friends again and have a common loss they could talk about together. Plus Frank can still tease Chloe about how she follows Max everywhere like a puppy.
>>
>>179957045
In addition to what >>179957402 said, we also know that Frank is, deep down, just a good guy. If he sees two skeevie guys chasing down some teenage girls (especially if he knows the guys or the girls), it's not unreasonable to assume he'd be willing to do a minimal-effort step-in to ensure nothing too bad is going down.
>>
>>
Does Frank have Pompidou in 2010? Probably not.
>>
>>
File: Cohw9XWVUAAygZh.jpg (156KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
Cohw9XWVUAAygZh.jpg
156KB, 1200x803px
ok
>>
>>
>>179958010
>>179958159
rewind this
>>
>>179956374
Nobody aside from Michel's shill army remembered it in the first place
>>
File: perfectlyhealthygoy.png (489KB, 811x865px) Image search: [Google]
perfectlyhealthygoy.png
489KB, 811x865px
>>179958307
>>179958159
>>179958010
>>
There's some good Pricefield cosplay
>>
>>179958119
bet you he gets him in the prequel, and rachel is the one who names him, and since he loved her he stuck with such a silly name
>>
File: i7PsGW2.jpg (62KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
i7PsGW2.jpg
62KB, 540x960px
>>
>>179958575
I actually see that happening.
>>
File: lolpe.jpg (872KB, 2544x4000px) Image search: [Google]
lolpe.jpg
872KB, 2544x4000px
>>179958421
>file name
>>
>>179956374
Man, Vampyr is gonna flop so hard
>>
>>179958119
Maybe he gets him in the prequel. No clue how old Pompidou is but Frank hinted he killed the previous owner who was using him for dogfighting.
Likely we'll see Chloe get The Beast since we see the truck in the junkyard.
>>
>>179958307
>>179958010
>>179958159
DELETE THIS
>>
chloe is for zachary
>>
File: Bunny Kate.png (310KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
Bunny Kate.png
310KB, 500x707px
>>
>>179959467
no
>>
>>179960973
Yes
Chloe likes chads and you know it
>>
>>179961035
Chloe only likes Max
>>
>>179961196
And Rachel and the whole football team and her dad
>>
>>179959467
Zachary is for footballs up the ass
>>
File: tumblr_nr1gnvj7rG1rx5vu5o1_1280.jpg (307KB, 1280x1709px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nr1gnvj7rG1rx5vu5o1_1280.jpg
307KB, 1280x1709px
Chloe is for Max.
Max is for Chloe.
>>
>>179961893
Max is for Chloe.
Chloe is for Rachel.
Rachel isn't for anyone, she moves around.
>>
max is for daniel
>>
File: 1496606606780.jpg (504KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496606606780.jpg
504KB, 848x1200px
PRICEFIELD 4EVER
>>
Given the choice between Max and Rachel, Chloe would take Max. No questions about it.

>>179962568
AND EVER
>>
File: ADPuQT8.jpg (320KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
ADPuQT8.jpg
320KB, 3000x1688px
>>
File: Tornado-Windows-1440-x-2560.png (833KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Tornado-Windows-1440-x-2560.png
833KB, 720x1280px
>>179962568
>>179962872
AND EVER
>>
>>
>>179963576
>max's arm around rachel
>rachel kissing max
>chloe the third wheel
delet this
>>
Pricefield + Rachel cheering them on from the sideline is best.
Or Rachel playing some kind of guardian/match-maker to make sure her friend ends up happy.
>>
File: tumblr_o0jl2s6Ekl1ujkpzeo1_1280.jpg (146KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0jl2s6Ekl1ujkpzeo1_1280.jpg
146KB, 1280x719px
I'm glad Hawt Dawg man is returning
>>
I wonder if DNG has ever lurked /lisg/ and taken some ideas
>>
>>179963996
this girl here might be a 4channer >>179848739
>>
>>179964779
oops, meant to quote >>179964032
>>
>>179964779
based on what?
>>
File: cmkiss.jpg (102KB, 1086x812px) Image search: [Google]
cmkiss.jpg
102KB, 1086x812px
>>
>>179964953
Yotsuba figure i guess
>>
File: katelis.jpg (80KB, 597x598px) Image search: [Google]
katelis.jpg
80KB, 597x598px
who missed it
>>
>>179964779
>>179964875
Maybe, a Yotsuba figure is hardly evidence but you never know.

Not to sound like a jackass and take credit like some others but maybe we could see stuff in the game that's been discussed here before.
>>
>>179965454
where I can re-watch it
>>
What did writing your name down in the junkyard affect?
>>
File: 1457875787310.jpg (295KB, 500x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1457875787310.jpg
295KB, 500x1520px
>>
>>179966146
Nothing, right? I mean, other than it being crossed out when you come back at night
>>
>>179966146
Leaving Max's mark for all to see.
Also when you go back in Episode 4 right before Jefferson's ambush, there's ominous writing
>Chloe was here
>Max was here
>Rachel IS here
>You're all going to die!

>>179966162
The Chloe Guardian never relents!
>>
File: w5L9Kbe.jpg (238KB, 1269x1270px) Image search: [Google]
w5L9Kbe.jpg
238KB, 1269x1270px
>>
>>179959368
I don't know if Frank has it in him to actually kill somebody. His bark is far worse than his bite, for the most part. That said, if he did kill the guy, good riddance.
>>
File: 1494472958505.jpg (324KB, 1280x902px) Image search: [Google]
1494472958505.jpg
324KB, 1280x902px
>>179966314
nothing will get on their way
>>
>>
File: 1441660862584.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441660862584.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
>>179966554
That's something I'm kind of curious about. The way he said it sounded so nonchalant but I don't know if I could see Frank killing someone besides Jefferson.
That said, it's clear Frank likes dogs so it's possible he may see the life of a loyal hound to be more than some scumbag exploiting them.
>>
File: 1438398236750.jpg (71KB, 900x855px) Image search: [Google]
1438398236750.jpg
71KB, 900x855px
>>179966815
>Chloe is bi-furious
>>
If Chloe was a fruit she'd be a fineapple
If Chloe was a vegetable I'd end her suffering by turning up the morphine drip
>>
>Frank's story is entirely madeup
>He just got Pompidou as a puppy from a shelter
>That story's not badass or gritty enough for him
>>
>last episode is called polarized
>it splits the fan base

BRAVO MICHAEL
>>
File: IMG_2841.png (118KB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2841.png
118KB, 360x359px
>we had to deal with seeing terrible 2013 memes in-game because it was set in october 2013
>even worse 2011 memes this time around because it's gonna be set in 2011
oh boy
>>
>>179967846
that's why I want S2 to take place in the 80's or 90's
>>
File: truck.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
truck.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
>>179967846
>tfw we already know by the sticker on her mirror that Chloe liked ragefaces and we'll probably have to deal with that shit
>>
>>179967053
I could see it if he "accidentally" let the dogs out and they just so happened to maul the scumbag upon being given the chance.

>>179967452
I mean, we first hear the story from a cop, which implies there's some truth to it.
>>
>>179967846
"Sad Chloe is sad again" is kind of a variation of stuff like "Longcat is long"
Rachel's an oldschool memer and is somehow the reason Chloe hates emojis

>>179968029
I'd love one set then just for the general mood and look everything would have
>>
>>179968135
That's right we do hear it from the cop
Guess Frank did kill someone but there may have been more to it than just the dogs
Could have been self-defense by Frank after he approached the guy telling him to stop abusing animals and the guy tried to attack him, a little stab or opening of cages and oops.
>>
does anybody have a link to edition #1?
>>
>>179969431
http://orph.link/lisgarchive
>>
I wonder if Rachel will say something to Chloe like "Stop trying to act pissed off and just admit you love her." regarding Max.
>>
episode 3 stream fucking when???
>>
>>179970796
NEVER EVER
>>
Extended bae ending/ post-storm bonus episode when?
>>
>>179971146
It already exists in your imagination!
>>
File: LiS e3 E5.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LiS e3 E5.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: Screenshot-Original(5).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original(5).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>179958010
>>179958159
>>179958307
>>
>>179971197
Are there any links to the footage of the moment of calm scenes?
>>
Why Chloe has green eyes in BtS?
>>
>>179971339
>>179891605
>>
>>179971363
Who knows?
>>
>>179971363
They're the same colour as in Season 1. She's always had blueish/greenish eyes, but they look a little different under different lighting conditions, so it can be a little hard to compare.
>>
>>179971436
Thanks
>>
>>179967626
>was being an uncreative hack part of your plan?
>>
>>179972660
pls, don't bully based Michel
he did nothing wrong
>>
>>179972306
Her hair's the same way. It looks brown/reddish in some parts of the gameplay video but when she's in the sun ( like in >>179971197), you see the natural blonde come out.
When her hair is blue maybe it makes her eyes look slightly bluer as well. Looking closely at her eyes, they do have a bit of green in them. Almost like looking into a shallow part of the ocean where the light hits the seafloor.
Max's eyes have more of steely blue which allows her to look innocent and adorable, as well allowing her to give a cold and determined glare.
Both are beautiful and can really amplify their emotions.
>>
File: tumblr_nk7ej1hnsN1qbvo12o1_500.jpg (121KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk7ej1hnsN1qbvo12o1_500.jpg
121KB, 500x671px
>[Chloe lightly snoring and Max mumbling about the nice dream she is having]
>>
>>179945160
That song is literal cancer
>>
>>179849713
>my first time going into this general
>played LiS back in 2015 and saw all the bay vs bae bullshit going on back then.
>still see the same argument being brought up 2 years after the game was finished.
I can only hope that the new one brings fresh memes.
>>
>>179958307
Bootleg lis
>>
>>179846927
I've seen this pasta before...
>>
File: 1444479025164.png (1MB, 900x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1444479025164.png
1MB, 900x1203px
I love Vicky
I just stopped by to say that
>>
>>179872236
>save the whales
That poster in the background.
>>
>>179975359
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJu5dkvewUQ
>>
>>179975359
>loves whores
Big mistake dude
>>
>>179845375
kate is always best girl
>>
>>179864807
NO STOP
>>
>>179978021
that's a weird way to spell Max
>>
File: tumblr_ocuzyrb0Eg1v9d2hqo1_1280.jpg (383KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocuzyrb0Eg1v9d2hqo1_1280.jpg
383KB, 1280x1811px
>>
File: 1447371265909.jpg (21KB, 148x255px) Image search: [Google]
1447371265909.jpg
21KB, 148x255px
>make prequel
>character is younger
>pick voice actor with deeper voice

???????
>>
>>179948659
I think Jefferson wanted to take down David, he wanted to get rid of him and his cameras. On the long term those weren't good for Jefferson
>>
File: 1497282575765.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497282575765.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>179949361
>I wrote the whole story and characters
>wrote
>past tense

Damn, so they are already done with the base writing and have moved on to actual developing?

My curiosity is beyond words.

I'm willing to wait for a quality product but, damn, I wonder what kind of setting is it.
>>
File: 1497554042539.jpg (28KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1497554042539.jpg
28KB, 326x326px
Joyce, Nathan and Max's VAs are also part of the strike

God damn it.
>>
>>179980218
Or maybe he is just uncapable of speaking good english like most frogs
>>
>>179968029
>LiS in the 80's

Man, imagine if they get Tangerine Dream to do the OST...
along with Koethe and Morali, of course
>>
>>179980416
>uncapable
>of speaking good English
>>
>>179980448
>80's hardcore punk scene Chloe
>80's Olympian DIY-Calvin Johnson scene Max
>>
File: russianhacker.jpg (69KB, 586x1013px) Image search: [Google]
russianhacker.jpg
69KB, 586x1013px
>>179980701
I-it wasn't my fault! I got, uhmm, hacked. Yes, hacked!
>>
>>179980961
where did you get this picture of me
>>
>>179980284
>Strike
Why?
>>
Season 2 should take place in the 80s/90s yes.
>>
File: eh.jpg (680KB, 997x1563px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
680KB, 997x1563px
>>179982191
>Why?
https://www.sagaftra.org/interactive/negotiations-information

I wonder if they have an open to public list of members, I haven't found such a thing yet.
>>
Which character do you resemble the most, in personality, and looks?

>Warren
>>
>>179983325
Max
>>
>>179983903
>board user
>autistic
Color me surprised
>>
>>179983325
>Nobody in this game
>>
>>179984039
>she was in Individualized Education
>often for people with mental health conditions, or non-intellectual development disorders
>such as High-Functioning Autism, ADHD, or dyscalcula
>or emotional/social disorders such as Social Anxiety

It doesn't mean she necessarily has autism.
>>
>>179983325
>Warren

I'm sorry to hear that.
>>
>>179983325
>personality
Nobody struck me as awfully resemblant of myself. Dunno, maybe an Evan. Comes off pretentious but is earnest, tends to keep to himself, listens to interesting music (http://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/drifting-by_42512), cares about how he dresses, cares about his craft.

>looks
Like a mix of Nathan and Jefferson.

>>179984283
More, it reads "Initial IEP", which is effectively a contradiction in itself. It is also pinned over, indicating it is not any longer active, and we know for a fact that Max has a regular plan, regular grading, receives no special counselling, attends classes with everyone else like everyone else. It's a simple case of dontnod lacking a handle on the American school system like they've shown and admitted to, and having most likely used the literal translation of "Individualized Education Plan/Program" for their idea that Max transferred into Blackwell for the final year, and would therefore need a slightly adjusted transitioning plan in the beginning to catch and sync up (hence the "initial", and pinned-overness - it's not like you suddenly just lose your mental illnesses or learning deficiences, let alone after a month). They just didn't realize that "IEP" in school system terminology has very specific meaning and usage, with significant legal implications and psychological evaluations.

And even regardless of all that, it gives no reason to speculate on any type or extent of such a potential disability. And beyond even that, it really changes nothing about who Max is as character. She is who she is, a vague label you apply to her based on even vaguer speculation means nothing, and wouldn't even if it were accurate. It's irrelevant rile-up-posting, and I think making light or a gimmick of an illness such as autism is tasteless, and the notion that oddballs have to be mentally ill and can't simply have personality peculiarities and idiosyncracies is just sad.
>>
Why didn't Max write back or kept in touch? ???
Poor chloe. Bad Max!
AIM and MySpace existed back then.
>>
File: 1497306017461.jpg (148KB, 1106x622px) Image search: [Google]
1497306017461.jpg
148KB, 1106x622px
One of the things I absolutely loved about LIS was the escalation of Max's power, and escalation of weird events up to EP3. They made a good job of conveying that the scope of the game was getting bigger. Such a shame they never expanded the narrative more on the storm and Prescotts though.

>EP1
>the initial power discovery and snow
>EP2
>time stop and eclipse
>EP3
>photo jump and whales

I wonder what LIS2 will be about, so, so much.
>>
>>179985347
That's true, the actual term for the IEP is mis-used, as to to mean transitioning into an individual year, rather than as a specialized educational programme.

Although, why are you telling me such things in the second paragraph? I never claimed she had autism.
>>
>>179985770
They made a good decision with not expanding the overly-focused-on-by-the-fandom plot device that was the Prescotts. The story was about Max and Chloe, and the larger adventure elements were peripheral for a reason.
>>
>>179985770
>time stop
NO NO NO NO NO YOU FOOL! SHE DIDN'T STOP TIME ON PURPOSE YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE SHE FUCKING CAN'T AND IT ISN'T PART OF HER POWERS!
>>
>>179985792
The second paragraph wasn't directed at you, but the few recurring posters we have that appear creepily fixated on the illness, and at the shitposting.
>>
In the Nightmare Sequence, when Max is walking past multiple antagonistic male characters, there's a line by Frank that references Pennywise's "They all float down here!" line, but in regards to Rachel, that they're "floating down here in the sewer!"

It was really interesting imagery.
>>
>>179983325

Honestly?
Chloe
Hair's brown though, gf would tease me if I went blue. But man, I wish I could.
>>
>>179984252
On second thoughts, probably David.
>>
>>179987341
Ew.
>>
>>179895539
rushing, as usual
>>
I feel numb in this kingdom
>>
File: 1470576244503.jpg (267KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1470576244503.jpg
267KB, 960x1280px
>>
>>179987396
Well, Davids considerably more uptight than I am.
>>
File: shark.jpg (243KB, 1607x1316px) Image search: [Google]
shark.jpg
243KB, 1607x1316px
Man, I never realized there actually were (inflatable) sharks in the pool!
Max should have brought it to Chloe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eMhagYg5yE&t=1s

Guess who, niggers.
>>
Scat, tell us a story
>>
Okay. LiSg, help me out here. I'm completely stumped on what the Amber family secret could be.

>Can't be like organized criminal stuff like DA Daddy Amber because that would have to be brought up as a possibility behind Rachel's disappearance
>Can't be supernatural, because Chloe's got no knowledge of supernatural stuff prior to Max telling her about her powers
>But it has to be enough to carry the plot and Amberprice relationship across three episodes and twenty plus hours of story

I'm coming up totally blank for even a vague idea of what it could be.
>>
>>179988387
it could be supernatural if it's something related to time, mind control, invisibility... A lot of things could have led Chloe to misinterpret things. The point is Chloe would have to get confused and misinterpret everything going on while us players would understand the hidden truth. Not easy to pull off.
Otherwise I always wondered why Rachel's family would leave California for Arcadia Bay. It may be because they're connected to the Prescotts
>>
>>179988387
Abuse probably.

Sexual or physical depending on how ballsy the writers are feeling.
>>
File: 1459943456804.jpg (768KB, 1200x805px) Image search: [Google]
1459943456804.jpg
768KB, 1200x805px
>>179988387
>>Can't be supernatural, because Chloe's got no knowledge of supernatural stuff prior to Max telling her about her powers
No. Bad logic, bad reason.

You are assuming that Rachel would be just as forthcoming and honest about her powers as Max. There is a good chance she wouldn't be. She could be a literal wizard but not tip anyone off and make people suspicious.

I assure you, for example, if I had some sort of an unnatural power, I wouldn't tell jack shit to anyone and use it very, very subtle. Often, but subtle.
>>
>>179988046
It would have made the scene even more cute
>>
>>179987686
I STILL can't get this out of my head.
>>
>>179989227
Btw IGN has the trailer available in 4K: http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/06/11/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-announcement-trailer-e3-2017-microsoft-conference
I also have the stuck song syndrome
>>
>>179988857
>>179989036
Hope it's not a dumb power gimmick, and I doubt it would be; Decknine have reiterated the value of the supernatural elements as servant to the human narrative, and symbolic.

>>179988864
I hope it's something like this. Friendship, love, intimacy, and the issues around that are enough. That's what makes this Franchise special. That those themes are enough, and of themselves.
>>
>>179953298
i really hope they can accomplish this but that it's a tall order. There's just something so attractive about the Max/Chloe dynamic. Probably it's that almost everyone at some point gets nostalgic about old friends they drifted apart from and wished they could rekindle their relationship like Max and Chloe.
>>
File: 1496266924661.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496266924661.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
"People once believed that one someone dies, a crow carries their soul to the land of the dead.But some times, something so bad happens that a terrible sadness is carried with it, and the soul can't rest.Then sometimes, just sometimes, the crow can bring that soul back to put the wrong thing's right."
>>
>>179989036
But if Chloe's going to be tagging along with Rachel for most of the season, I don't know how she can't not learn about it while still being significantly involved. Since logically this is how Rachel and Chloe form whatever bond they had prior to Rachel's disappearing.
>>
>>179988387
It's probably abuse by her father. Life is Strange in general is more or less the same story line as Twin Peaks, makes sense the prequel would follow Fire Walk with Me.
>>
File: 1460312813904.jpg (608KB, 1422x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1460312813904.jpg
608KB, 1422x1166px
>>179989904
>I don't know how she can't not learn about it while still being significantly involved.

You don't seem to understand just how subtly time rewind power can be used. No one could ever get suspicious if she was smart about it.

>Since logically this is how Rachel and Chloe form whatever bond they had prior to Rachel's disappearing.

We know how much Chloe cared about Rachel.

But we don't really know how much Rachel actually cared about Chloe.
>>
>>179990298
I can second this. In the original game, why was only chloe looking for her? Why was only chloe putting up posters? If rachels parents moved away theyre feeling guilty and had something to do with her death
>>
>>179990335
Frank was jealous of the bond they had. Which implies they were either close or Rachel was very good at convincing people they were.
>>
>>179990298
Isn't the phrasing of the summary we have something like "Rachel discovers a family secret"? I think she'd know if her dad was abusing her.
>>
>>
>>179990642
This.

>When Rachel learns a secret about her family that threatens to destroy her world, it is her newfound friendship with Chloe that gives her the strength to carry on.
>>
>>179990721
The secret is shes related to warren
>>
>>179988387
>all the perfect little Victoria Chase's kissing your perfect ass
>perfect ass

Oh, that's the Tsundere in Chloe: "Y-your perfect ass, b-baka!"
>>
>>179990827
>It's not like I want it on my lap or anything, stupid.
>And definitely not my face! You sicko.
>>
>>179990791
No wonder she's so angry then
>>
>>179990642
oh yea that's true forgot about that. Then who knows, could really be anything. But them calling it a "Dark" secret seems to rule out your run of the mill dads cheating on mom or something like that.
>>
>>179990791
or Nathan...
>>
File: 1460135395275.jpg (434KB, 1000x718px) Image search: [Google]
1460135395275.jpg
434KB, 1000x718px
I'm going to autistically overanalyze Rachel's every gesture, movement and word. That girl got powers, I know it.
>>
So what's up with the Prescotts?
I mean we all know there's more to them regarding to all the secrets and most likely the storm too.

Was it just lazy writing to put them aside with no real explanation or will we get to know more in the prequel?

What's mr Jeffersons connection to them?
>why didn't Jefferson fuck everyone if he made them unconscious and killed them later anyways

One more thing..
We were never showed Rachel's dead body were we? I mean sure we saw part of the clothing. But is she really confirmed dead? Maybe there are still some shenanigans going on
>>
>>179991727
"The smell" said Max... definitely a rotten corpse
>>
File: Rachel Getting Flirty With Max.jpg (124KB, 794x837px) Image search: [Google]
Rachel Getting Flirty With Max.jpg
124KB, 794x837px
>>179991409
I'm going to do that so it will help me filter out bad fanfics.

>>179991727
>What's mr Jeffersons connection to them?
They convinced him to teach at Blackwell. And then he started manipulating Nathan.

>>why didn't Jefferson fuck everyone if he made them unconscious and killed them later anyways

I mean, did he? The only people he killed were those who could expose him. He seemed happy to leave Kate be until the video thing got out, and then he tried to give her the proverbial push off the roof. As for why he didn't have sex with them, because it's a loony artist who probably masturbates to the photos instead. Guy's a total narcissist.

>We were never showed Rachel's dead body were we? I mean sure we saw part of the clothing. But is she really confirmed dead? Maybe there are still some shenanigans going on

I mean, it smells awful, stuff that's rotting smells awful, and Jefferson seems pretty sure she's dead.
>>
>>179991884
Sure thing. A corpse, but her corpse?
>>
File: pirates.jpg (312KB, 3109x900px) Image search: [Google]
pirates.jpg
312KB, 3109x900px
deck9, you had one job... There's no way this is the same pirate hat, look at its shape...
>>
File: 1474776954868.jpg (6KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1474776954868.jpg
6KB, 228x221px
>>179992159
into the trash it goes
>>
>>179992131
Chloe was convinced it was her with just a glimpse so I assumed she recognized her face which shouldn't have been that rotten yet
>>
File: 1497269027065.png (592KB, 926x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1497269027065.png
592KB, 926x1214px
The burning tree really means something, it's no coincidence that they had it in the concept art and reveal trailer. Why does it matter that its in the trailer? Well, it doesn't really fit in Episode 1 while every other second of the trailer does. I just can't think why it is so important...
>>
>>179992020
Alright, well Jefferson's just a artsy psycho then.
The thing is I'm not 100% sure about Rachel's death. I mean he didn't even kill her himself and he said that Prescott-Boy gave her an overdose.

So my theory is that he didn't kill her but let her go and told her to run away so Jefferson wouldn't kill her. Since she would be aware of things. It doesn't add up for me. We would have seen more about her I mean. Her death and everything. It kinda reminds me of game of thrones, where you can only be sure about the actual fate of the characters once you've them them dead.

I mean I could be completely wrong but it's a little bit too vague for me. Everyone talks about god damn Rachel. Jefferson seems so indifferent about it.
I do believe there's something going still.

Another guess of mine are the spirit animals. If Max's is the doe and cloe's the butterfly, which one would be Rachel's? I could be wrong though here as some suggest that Rachel's was the butterfly.

Another thing is when you're in this nightmare state several people text you. Rachel sends you "we're gonna see each other very soon" or something like that. What does that mean?

I really doubt she's just dead with no further importance to the story.

What do you think about this?
>>
>>179992131
Didn't Jefferson and Nathan take pictures of them burying her? (For whatever reason. That's a phenomenally stupid move for a criminal)
>>
>>179992285
She only saw a little part didn't she. And she was very upset at that time. So there is plenty room for mistakes.
And if you choose to sacrifice cloey and safe Arcadia Bay there's no mentioning of her either. You don't even see some investigation team. They wouldn't just let her rot there would they
>>
>>179992515
>Another thing is when you're in this nightmare state several people text you. Rachel sends you "we're gonna see each other very soon" or something like that. What does that mean?

Pompidou texts you in that sequence. Pompidou. Frank's dog. It's a bad dream and playing on Max's fear of dying.
>>
File: the empress.png (1MB, 900x1203px) Image search: [Google]
the empress.png
1MB, 900x1203px
Rachel easily the best girl.
>>
>>179992596
Hmm, I must have missed that Part.
I think It's rather strange to just kill her off without any "drama". Like she was the most popular girl and suddenly she's gone and Jefferson and Nathan don't care or give any meaning to it?
She was just overdosed and then thrown away..?
>>
>>179992020
>I'm going to do that so it will help me filter out bad fanfics.
What?
I don't get it, what do you mean?
>>
>>179992285
Dude, Rachel had been there for half a year. People rot faster than that when they aren't in marshes or in ice
>>
File: IMG_2800.jpg (72KB, 1241x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2800.jpg
72KB, 1241x738px
>>179992760
No, Rachel says it. When I read it I thought we would see her again. Although it could very well like you said reflect Max's fear of dying. But still it's all in her mind! She imagines it because she too thinks Rachel is dead. Which isn't completely confirmed as a fact though :/
>>
>>179992850
As in I'm going to be reading fanfics after Before The Storm ends. And knowing what is in and not in character for characters will let me know whether to stop or continue.

>>179993076
I know Rachel says it. But it's entirely a product of Max's subconscious. It's a nightmare.
>>
>>179993264
But what did she imagine then? Like "seeing her" meaning "greeting her in death"?

I mean for me personally it all comes down to that there's no definitive prove Rachel is dead. Which would make everything very interesting
>>
>>179993264
Why did you say Pompidou then lol. He said in the beginning that Rachel texts you, you answered Pompidou.
>>
>>179993391
It's a way of saying she's going to die soon. The sneaking section of the nightmare has Principal Wells saying Max died as well. It's not that deep.
>>
File: h32iKs1.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
h32iKs1.gif
2MB, 480x270px
maybe Rachel has a "time-skip" power. Rachel can create an inverted world and can do whatever she wants in this world for a limited time. She can "rewind" or "forward time" by a few seconds in this world then returns to the real world or have a few seconds to think about what to say and think before she acts. Chloe and others are not able to detect it.

crack idea.
>>
File: weiss worry.png (79KB, 314x222px) Image search: [Google]
weiss worry.png
79KB, 314x222px
>>179993493
To illustrate a point that the nightmare texts are nonsense or Max guilt-tripping herself?
>>
>>179993647
Yeah I got you on that.
But every text is different and could contain several different feelings towards the persons. I feel like there's more to this section than hits the eye. Likewise with the section where you meet "yourself".
I wouldn't just write it off so easily
>>
>>179993758
Other Max is the embodiment of Max's self-loathing/all the thoughts feelings she keeps bottled up. "I am a shadow... The true self..." and all that jazz.
>>
>>179992905
Body farms showed us that the rotting process can affect different body parts at different speeds. Maybe her face was half rotten, enough for Chloe to recognize her, or she recognized other distinctive signs
>>
>>179993883
"Hello gorgeous... you wish. You're a snoop"
>>
File: could it be the same.png (717KB, 934x1253px) Image search: [Google]
could it be the same.png
717KB, 934x1253px
>>
>>179993883
True!
She does only imagine all those people.
But I still think there's a missing link.
Maybe she knows something subconsciously which she isn't aware of yet.
>>
File: zCqrt1vGWxI.jpg (143KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
zCqrt1vGWxI.jpg
143KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>179994062
>Other Max angry flirting with Max

Anon, please. Too lewd.
>>
File: kate sad about the prequel.jpg (29KB, 604x339px) Image search: [Google]
kate sad about the prequel.jpg
29KB, 604x339px
>>
In addition something from Steam discussions:
"Why would Jefferson, or Nathan bury the body of their murder victim 1 foot underground in the middle of an area that's frequently visited by students. Having spent near 1.5 million on their abduction bunker to dispose of a body so carelessly is to be honest, near inexcusably stupid. (Also why would Chloe, who used to hang out in the junkyard a lot with Rachel and would have checked there for her apparently not noticed this person sized newly dug hole in the ground?)"

I'd say it's a valid point.
It just doesn't add up to Rachel. If she really was so popular and important. People would have looked literally everywhere. Sure no one knew exactly if she's dead. But neither do we
>>
>>179992407
It could be in the dream. The overlook/park location does not appear anymore after the first time, so they couldn't have been there at night. Either it's in another episode, which is unlikely given that they aren't working on the other episodes yet, or it's in the dream.

We see Rachel leave Chloe in the junkyard. Chloe is hurt and angry. She busts some shit, maybe smokes some weed and falls asleep in what would later become their hideout. Or maybe on top of the car she would later have Max passed out in her lap on.

The burning tree signifies something? Maybe surreal elements like the burning tree and Rachel only shedding tears from one eye are dream elements. After she wakes up, she tries to kill herself, but Rachel returns to her because she's had the same dream. ...Or something.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if "dreams" will be a major plot element, and THE strange, "supernatural" element in BtS. Fire Walk With Me had dreams or dream-like visions, Native American mysticism has it, and Rachel has all that spiritual stuff with blood oath and dreamcatcher aesthetic and star signs and whatnot, and Max's dream was also something that felt like more than a mere dream. And she obviously had visions. The ghost doe is supposedly Rachel's spirit, and it manifests in Max's visions and dream... as if inducing or perhaps even influencing them? Plus, it'd give the story the ability to explore the supernatural elements without having to explain why Chloe doesn't mention it, because in her head, it was just a sequence of hella insane dreams she was having. Well, it kind of does... she'd probably still mention weird dreams like that if they had substance at all relevant to the goings-on in Season 1 because Max tells her about the visions and nightmare she's having.
>>
>>179994356
geez I know chloe was a piece of shit

but this is too much
>>
>>179994595
Interesting theory.
Didn't Jefferson say he killed of Nathan too? Corpses usually stop to smell after some time ( half a year would be sufficient ). Fresh corpses however start so smell heavily after only a couple of hours. Even faster while buried and depending on the way of the actual murder (like having an open wound from being stabbed).
We don't really know since when Nathan was missing as apparently no one has seen him on the night of the party. But it could be possible that he was missing for at least 2 days.
I'm not saying it's definetly him. But it could very well be a possibility.
>>
>>179994845
>all of this dumb extrapolation
>>
File: rail.png (52KB, 219x254px) Image search: [Google]
rail.png
52KB, 219x254px
>>
>>179994595
The devs confirmed it was Rachel. That an FBI investigation had been underway but apparently never even asked Chloe and Frank about her or searched spots she visited like the junkyard where a dog would alert to her body is questionable writing, but nothing to say that Rachel's alive. Jefferson tells us that Rachel died and is buried there, and we have photos of it.

>>179995081
Excuse me for vaguely speculating on the vague stuff we have. That's kind of what we do know though, so if you don't like it, you'll not have a good time here.

Dreams and visions are totally relevant. We see that Rachel follows Chloe into her dreams (hand on the car window). We know that the doe spirit is closely connected to Rachel (it is her spirit, as a dev said), and it followed Max into her visions and dream. The burning tree basically must be in the dream, it doesn't fit anywhere but the dream Chloe's having in the junkyard.
>>
>>179995427
Any source for the devs confirming her death and the actual body of Rachel being buried? Not some picture showing cloth because that could.. well very well be anybody. Also people tend to lie occasionally (not meaning the devs here)
>>
>>179994530
Kate's not in it.
Kate's not in it.
Na-nana-naa-nah!
>>
>>179995427
And Nathan's "Rachel in the Dark Room" stuff and his cut visions of the storm could also be explained that way, that Rachel was haunting his dreams and gave him visions.

>>179995789
Jefferson had no reason to lie to Max about Rachel. We have photos of Rachel drugged in the Dark Room, and of her on the ground in the junkyard exactly at the spot where they dig up the corpse.

After Episode 4, people were wondering whether it actually is Rachel, because we didn't see her. I think it was Michel who confirmed it on twitter, but finding the tweet could proof difficult.

I don't know why you would contest Rachel's death to begin with. Especially because it isn't relevant to the prequel, as the prequel will not explore the circumstances of her disappearance.
>>
>>179994595
Well I don't think Jefferson was murdering anyone, just abducting them and drugging. Rachael dying was an accident and they never planned to kill her. The only reason he killed chloe and was going to kill max was because they knew about everything.
>>
>>179996124
Well that's the thing. The prequel actually doesn't concern me that much. Because I believe there are still some things left unanswered. For example the most obvious thing how Max got her powers in the first place, or if the Prescotts knew about the storm and everything.
I know the game is mainly about Cloey and Max. But all those missing posters make you wonder and think about Rachel all the time.
It could be intentionally but I think just saying "welp she's dead, Sunnyboy over here just accidentally overdosed her" seems just too dull.

I don't want to question anyone's opinion here. Maybe it's the afterglow of the game cause I just recently finished it. But I really think there's something more behind certain things.

Like warren for example. Sure everyone laughs and thinks he's a cuck. But some fans suggested (with evidence) that he's actually kind of a prick who toys with the girls and only sees a possibility for sex in Max.
>>
>>179996495
You're deluded over the Rachel situation, but Warren always struck me as deeper in his pathology.
>>
File: tumblr_o2e9ddzgCD1sklvgqo1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2e9ddzgCD1sklvgqo1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x960px
ah Saturday morning
>>
>>179996719
I doubt we'll ever get a direct sequel to this story. But I hope the prequel may hint to some answers.
See warren appears to be the nice, slightly awkward friendzoned kinda guy, but all this time he could have been rather manipulative too. (Having planned to go to the movies with Brooke, thus just canceling his date, hanging this maybe photoshopped photo of Max, actually stalking her in I think it was episode 2 where you can see him lurking outside) And additionally - although it's debatable - his taste in movies. Like "laughing his ass of" about cannibal holocaust. Frankly I did like him but he seems to be slightly sociopathic doesn't he.

The thing is I think some characters hide something like warren does. I really do hope the prequel will answer some things although I doubt it at the same time
>>
>>179994356
What a cunt. I'm glad I picked bay over this whore
>>
>>179996495
There is more behind certain things. These threads and the entire fandom has spent literal years talking and theorizing on those. There's a lot of theories revolving around Rachel specifically. If you can make a solid and interesting point about her not being dead, go for it.

Personally, I've always taken and appreciated most of the strange and supernatural elements in it as metaphorical in nature, revolving around and supporting the main human story here. Dontnod's done the same, insisting from the beginning that it is not sci-fi, that the supernatural is not point of the work, that the powers, their workings and origins in a story context, do not matter, because the powers themselves only matter insofar they help to tell the story. And "Rachel" as a narrative element did also play into the human story perfectly well without being a supernatural mystery for us to figure out.

So I'm not actually so excited about any addition to the "Strange" lore of Life is Strange, and would rather see more of the "Life", which the strange elements really are more a way to explore and highlight, to tell this story of "Life" - devices that ultimately do not have meaning or purpose in themselves, but only drive, point to and tell in interesting ways the just-natural story.

The prequel could change the narrative focus and function surrounding the "Strange", but I hope it doesn't, hope that Deck9's understood it's not about that, understood why and how the supernatural in LiS worked for the story. And from the statements, it sounds like they did, in that they do say the narrative focus will be the characters, using what I speculate to be dreams in a similar fashion LiS did, where strange elements and supernatural exploration is really character elements and psychological exploration.
>>
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/16/15812218/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-e3-2017-hands-on-interview
>>
>>179997054
That's more of a general theme, actually: the characters are all slightly unsettling, slightly surreal, which makes the climax of their personalities in the Nightmare Sequence all the more poignant.

Warren's strange behaviour, such as his taste in film, his pushy obsession, his total obliviousness, his aggression in regards to Nathan (his bizarre headbutt, staggering over to him, lamely kicking at the gun, and the odd "Agh!" noise he releases in mind), his facial expression in the car park in Episode 1, as if he was experiencing an orgasmic thrill in the knowledge that Max is confiding in him, and the awkward re-adjusting of his facial expression in a self-conscious manner... It just seems truly sinister.
>>
>>179994356
>Miss Price. What does that sign say?

>Duh, no walking! That's why I'm sitting.
>>
What's up with the 'backtalk conversation mode'? That's something I think they should've told us, guess we'll just have to wait until they see it fit to reveal what the hell it is.
>>
>>179998019
>>179997768
Thank you very much for your opinions! I just dislike the idea that the game is "finished". I just have an obsession for ideas and theories
>>
>>179998487
> What's up with the 'backtalk conversation mode'? That's something I think they should've told us ...
This.

I mean, it's the replacement for THE gameplay mechanic, you'd think it'd be important enough to show off an example or two. They're far enough into the development of the game that they must have a whole slew of finished "backtalk" dialogue puzzles ... they couldn't have put one in the gameplay footage?
>>
File: depression.png (37KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
37KB, 640x384px
How did you get over the ending and the state of pain it left you in?
>>
File: 1459976693720.jpg (11KB, 236x176px) Image search: [Google]
1459976693720.jpg
11KB, 236x176px
>>179999037
>How did you get over the...
I didn't.
>>
>>179998823
And you are totally right to!

Look around here in the archives and out there; there's a lot of stuff you can find on that side of the game, and so if you're into that, it can be pretty interesting and rewarding even if it's ultimately not about that, written to be that, let alone well-written as that. There's far greater works of fiction out there in therms of sci-fi/supernatural/mystery that I'd say those kinds of efforts and that kind of interest is better spent on.
>>
>>179999629
>that I'd say those kinds of efforts and that kind of interest is better spent on...
...but it's not wasted on LiS either.

I should probably add that.
>>
>>179998886
They are probably going to release a video or two on youtube before the release date, there can't be other reason(s) behind this oversight. I mean, you'd think they tell us about it if it's listed as a feature on SEstore's BTS page along with tag marking and "Choose Chloe’s outfit and see how people react to your look" which too remains unexplained.
>>
File: IMG_1487.jpg (82KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1487.jpg
82KB, 640x359px
Alright, never posted here, after E3 I felt like weighing in to discussion.

I should preface by saying I'm a huge Chloe-fag. Originally Kate was my goal and Chloe was best bro material but I fucked up on the rooftop and lost her.

After grieving I came to fall for Chloe even harder. I even picked the bae ending on my first playthrough.

After playing through again I can say with absolute certainty that the more thematically appropriate ending is to sacrifice Chloe and save Arcadia Bay.

Everyone you met, everyone you touched and the awesome town itself was on the line. The writers got you prepared to make the right choice the whole game. Think about it.

You weren't supposed to save Kate on your first playthrough. You had one chance and you had to remember some random shit you could have easily missed. Kate teaches you to deal with loss, you can't save everybody no matter how hard you try.

The euthanasia scene puts a similar choice into your hands as the ending, a dry run if you will. Chloe begs you to put her down for the sake of everybody, to the point where if you don't you only have your selfishness to blame. Chloe and everyone around her will suffer, and if you choose not to do it they go way out of their way to make you feel awful for not doing it. Chloe's reaction to this really points to what happens offscreen in the Bae ending.
>>
File: IMG_1486.jpg (1MB, 2458x1304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1486.jpg
1MB, 2458x1304px
>>180001180
Finally, in the "instrumentality" scenes towards the end, you see the whole town begging you to save them, this is literally the devs RAILROADING you, if you are still not convinced either they did a poor job with arcadia bay or you are just blinded by love.

Notice how in the Bae ending, Chloe has a disappointed aura about her? Notice that only in the Bay ending does she really show her love. She knows how you feel about her at this point in the game.

If you chose Chloe, you essentially chose to not administer the morphine, you chose not to sacrifice william. She will live with that fact that everything she's known or loved is dead because of her, and the only thing that had any power to save everyone didn't because of her.

There is no way that relationship can work, the selfish Max who threw away everything for her own feelings is not the Max Chloe loves.

The devs railroaded you to save Arcadia Bay, Chloe wants you to save Arcadia Bay. Life before Max came back proves she can be happy without Chloe. The fact that Bay was a way more fleshed out ending is also apparent.

If you still chose Chloe, congratulations, you ran away from real life, you've shirked your responsibilities, almost everything you did in the game is meaningless aside for the vague possibility for a strained relationship. You did it champ.
>>
>>179988046
Could totally see Max buying one for Chloe at some point for their pool or to bring to the beach
Or buying Chloe a plush shark to keep on the dashboard of the truck, Chloe buys Max a plush otter to keep in whatever car she eventually has
>>
File: 1439125642643.jpg (3MB, 1000x2476px) Image search: [Google]
1439125642643.jpg
3MB, 1000x2476px
>>179999940
>They are probably going to release a video or two on youtube before the release date
Going by Season 1, we can at least expect a release trailer. I'm not sure how much more "gameplay footage" (or whatever) we can expect though. They've already shown quite a large chunk of Episode 1 ...

>... along with tag marking and "Choose Chloe’s outfit and see how people react to your look" which too remains unexplained.
I doubt this is anything more than a few characters slightly altering a line of dialogue or two in response to whatever Chloe's wearing. Like, Frank says that line in the gameplay footage where he tells Chloe that her outfit is a little over the top. I could imagine, if the player was able to dress slightly differently for that particular scene, that he could say something like "cool outfit" instead.

This actually harkens back to some of our theories surrounding the Episode 3 trailer when it released. We saw Max wearing a bunch of different outfits, and wondered whether we'd get to choose what we'd wear, perhaps causing different people to respond in different ways.
>>
>>180001180
>>180001342
Another fifteen year old redditor has "beaten the game" I see.
>>
>>180001180
>>180001342
Congratulations, you fooled yourself into thinking Chloe's death would be the end of it and that a pointless and cruel sacrifice has some kind of heroic element.
That Max would just recover and not drive herself into madness with her guilt, and eventually into an early death (As the song playing in the background during that scene suggests). Or that since you somehow saved Joyce and David from dying in the storm (Which is entirely unconfirmed in the Bae ending) that means that they're going to live through the trauma of losing their daughter/stepdaughter. Joyce was already on anti-depressants and David losing Chloe would be a failure he would never be able to live down.
As for the storm, who knows if it's really gone? What if it was delayed and comes back? Even if it doesn't, you've already done enough damage to Max, Chloe, and their families- which is all that really matters since they're who are close to you in the game.
Or did you really think anybody else on that cliff would return the favor and kill a loved one to (possibly) save a bunch of strangers and acquaintances from something that could easily be happening naturally and has always been coming? How naive.
>>
>>180001985
No need to be upset, and I beat it as it came out.

I understand Chloefags as I am one, i'm just telling you the obvious intended choice.
>>
>>180002209
>intended
Stop using that word when you do not know what is means
>>
>>180002295
If the entire game literally beats you over the head with it including the ending it's obvious one ending was favored
>>
File: 1471249015970.jpg (780KB, 800x6817px) Image search: [Google]
1471249015970.jpg
780KB, 800x6817px
>>180002395
I agree. There was only one ending driven into the player's head over and over.
And it is NOT the one that had three lines of dialogue throughout the game to support it.
>>
>>180002209
The fact that you think it has anything to do with being a "Chloefag", and use the word "beat" to describe your experience of this game like a true redditor would, is enough for me to have an easy time disregarding your opinion on the game.
>>
File: chloe anarchist.png (638KB, 578x762px) Image search: [Google]
chloe anarchist.png
638KB, 578x762px
>>
>>180002657
How pretentious could you be.

"I finished my interactive experience"
>>
>>180002295
I mean, their analysis of the game and those meanings are totally debatable. But it -is- true that the Bay ending is the -intended- ending, as we already established earlier in this thread.
>>
>>180002809
Just "I played Life is Strange" or "I finished Life is Strange" would be ok.

Anything but reddit's "I've beaten Life is Strange" or "I won Life is Strange", where their mentality and perspective from the get-go is obvious to be that of an xbox kid.

>>180003061
>it -is- true
Says you, the Knower of Dontnod's Intentions?

I would argue the fact that both endings exist and have existed from the very beginning means that we can only know one thing -is- true: they are both intended.
>>
>>180003382
Well when you look the planned endings and what was in the game, only the Bae ending remains of the originally intended endings.
Both endings were going to have Chloe alive but they decided that wasn't tragic enough so they jumped ahead to killing Chloe. Which, as we've established too many times to count, was a dumb choice that would solve nothing.
>>
>>179999037

Time, tears, and listening to the ost a lot.
>>
>>180002138
Interesting analysis, and I completely agree, neither ending is storybook perfect.

However I find it extremely hard to believe that Max would have a harder time rationalizing Chloe's death over the death of everyone she and Chloe love.

Chloe would be another Rachel Amber, the town would never be the same, but people WILL move on.

The storm is conjecture BS and you know it, all things point to it being a Darko situation, the storm is there because Chloe should be dead.

>>180002551
We know what Max herself WANTED but just because she wanted it doesn't make it the right choice. If Max didn't care about Chloe that much it wouldn't be a sacrifice now would it?
>>
>>180003382
>Says you, the Knower of Dontnod's Intentions?
It's not exactly hard to work out.

>I would argue the fact that both endings exist and have existed from the very beginning means that we can only know one thing -is- true: they are both intended.
A fallacious argument. There's a whole history of video games full of legitimate endings which have run the whole gamut of "good ending", "bad ending", "true ending", "fake-out ending", etc. Plenty of games include the Game Over failure state as one of the "endings", sometimes complete with a short cinematic. Just because a game features different endings, and was designed as such, it doesn't mean that they're all -intended- to have the same weighting.

Both the Bay and Bae endings are equally "canon". Obviously Dontnod set them up that way, both are legitimate choices, there's not a "good/true" or "bad/fake" ending. But that doesn't mean that one of them isn't the ending they -intended- people to choose.

There's just no debate here, Bay is the -intended- ending. Did they do a good job of justifying it? Nope. Does it make a whole lot of sense in the context of the game's lore? Nope. Is it still obviously the intended ending? Yes, duh.

>>180003904
>Both endings were going to have Chloe alive but they decided that wasn't tragic enough so they jumped ahead to killing Chloe.
As we already established earlier in this thread, this statement actually goes against what you think you're trying to argue.
>>
Do you love the women you love enough to allow her to chose her own destiny and save the people she cares about or will you ignore her wishes to keep her all to yourself?
>>
>>180004387
>It's not exactly hard to work out.
So Dontnod's intentions, as a collective of individuals, are easy for you to work out as an objective truth that you can claim without any doubt as -being- like that without any room for debate? I took you for a man of science.

And Bay being the ending they intend to have a player pick is different from the ending they intended.

Explain to my why they included an ending in their story that they didn't intend to? Either "intention" means very different things to us, or you actually think they included this ending by accident? I think when they wrote and worked on that ending, they did so intentionally.

>>180003904
True. That is an argument against the idea that "Chloe has to die" was their intention. Because they wrote most if not all of the story and created most of the game without that in mind.

But as pointed out earlier, it was still the "Sacrifice Chloe" ending. The outcome of the choice changes, but not the meaning of the choice. As far as the choice and main story is concerned, it was always about sacrificing either or, and that choice marks the end of the narrative.
>>
>>180004678
You're being intentionally dense.

Yes they intended both endings to be there, what is a decision without a choice in a game? Meaningless.

Doesn't mean they didn't intend for you to pick one over the other.
>>
>>180004643
Do you know for sure that you're involved with what is going on?
Are you confident enough in your understanding of time and the supernatural that you can say killing the person who means so much to you will change anything? Especially when you've already seen her die and still seen the storm coming.

>>180004183
>but just because she wanted it doesn't make it the right choice
When you're in her shoes it absolutely is the right choice. It's the only choice for Max. Numbers don't mean a thing in this case, it's about resolve, priorities, and refusing to take a huge gamble without enough proof it will work.
Chloe cannot fault Max for that because they both know if Chloe were in that same position, she would save Max.
Everybody else will never even consider the storm as something other than a storm and even Max could have had no way to really know.
>>
File: 1496470658130.jpg (1MB, 1998x1784px) Image search: [Google]
1496470658130.jpg
1MB, 1998x1784px
>>180001180
>>180001342
Not this shit again.
>>
File: 1439177057586.png (131KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
1439177057586.png
131KB, 575x575px
>>180004678
>So Dontnod's intentions, as a collective of individuals, are easy for you to work out as an objective truth that you can claim without any doubt as -being- like that without any room for debate?
Yes.

Of course, this is being a little cute, I'm not arguing that every single employee at Dontnod absolutely agreed with everyone else's opinions of the endings. But there's no real doubt that as a whole (or rather, the directors as a whole), the "Bay" ending was their intended ending.

>And Bay being the ending they intend to have a player pick is different from the ending they intended.
A little bit of a semantics game here. Obviously they assumed there would be some split of players choosing either, and we all agree that both endings are equally "canon". That's not exactly what I'm arguing here though.

>Explain to my why they included an ending in their story that they didn't intend to?
I'm not sure there's anything to explain here. It's a game about choices, pretty much all games of this type have some big choice (either at the ending, or as a cumulation of choices throughout) which effect which ending you get. Would it have made much sense for a "game about choices" to have only a single linear ending? I already outlined in my previous post that there's a whole history of video games which feature a slew of different endings, but that multiple options are provided doesn't imply that the directors didn't have an -intended- ending.
>>
>>180005162
Why have it be a decision at all, then? That would be the greatest compromisation of their artistical vision and integrity... but it was there from the very inception. Cano said the first thing that came to him was the choice on the cliff.

There is a story here, with two intended endings. The player is completely free to pick either, and either will be the proper ending to his game, and can be the ending he considers good, bad, right, wrong, bearable, unbearable, narratively consistent or fitting or not, and so on. It's possible the creators consider one more so than the other, but that doesn't mean much of anything when the actual story offers both.

I just don't get why you'd care to make an argument about "intention" here when it doesn't mean anything beyond "I think most of the guys at dontnod would have probably picked 'Sacrifice Chloe'" (we know for a fact not all of them would have - that's on record).
>>
File: 1489534465136.jpg (5KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1489534465136.jpg
5KB, 250x247px
How does it feel to be a fresh 18 year old girl, reconnecting with your old BFF and having the whole wide world open to you?
>>
>>180005823
You can close your eyes and go lalala or make up stuff like maybe the tornado would come anyway or something but at the end of the day the whole game pushed towards saving Arcadia Bay.

It's fine, I can see at least you guys have SOME basis you cling to I expected much less (b-but I can't lose her).

Enjoy your ending, just remember it probably isn't the sunshine and rainbows you get in your fics.
>>
>no kate

whats the point
>>
>>180006453
>whole game pushed towards saving Arcadia Bay
>Enjoy your ending, just remember it probably isn't the sunshine and rainbows
HAHAHAHAHAHA wheeze
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>180006629
No substantial arguments besides "Max REALLY didn't want to do it"

The rest of the game pushed the idea of loss and sacrifice in your face.
>>
>>180006538
>my bland, dumb waifu isn't there
>muh bland McGuffin
>>
File: 1458879362546.jpg (42KB, 523x461px) Image search: [Google]
1458879362546.jpg
42KB, 523x461px
>at the end of the day the whole game pushed towards saving Arcadia Bay.
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Bayfags are THAT delusional.
>>
>>180005793
>But there's no real doubt that as a whole (or rather, the directors as a whole), the "Bay" ending was their intended ending.
"No real doubt" sounds a lot more reasonable than "truth without any debate". ...And let me be a little cute and ask what's it matter that the directors Raoul and Michel might be leaning toward Bay? The original writer and much of the team could be totally Bae all the way. Would it matter? Is it "intended", now?

Why is there no real doubt in your mind by the way, that as a whole they are Bay-leaning? The length of the ending? We know budget and time concerns played a role, and they had to build an entirely new environment (because they swayed from their original intentions on how the Bay ending should play out). So once it came ending cinematic time, they were just forced to invest more time into the one? Besides, creating the town probably took a lot of time as well. It's not just a rehash of the town we see earlier, is it?

>to have only a single linear ending?
Why not have the choice be made for us, depending on the choices we've made earlier in the game? Then our choices would arguably only matter more than they do now. If the story can actually end on either ending, either ending is intended. That's not a semantics game, that's the truth of the work. Whether the creators lean more towards one or the other, or even which they spend more time on, does not make the one more "intended" than the other. It makes it the one they would pick.

>>180006453
You have no idea about me.

>Enjoy your ending
That much I will.
>>
>>180006267

It was a genuinely lovely time.
It didnt last
Everything went downhill after that
Nothing lasts forever anon, however lovely
>>
>>180006851
Arguments?
>>
>>180006827
Kate has more character than Chloe, she deserves her own game over the attention hoe
>>
File: 1471387147625.png (96KB, 297x237px) Image search: [Google]
1471387147625.png
96KB, 297x237px
If given the chance, would you delete this game and all memory of it from your brain?

I literally just finished it yesterday thanks to PS+ so I'm knee deep in the post-game depression phase, maybe that's why I ask..
>>
>>180006997
Anon isnt wrong here, kate does have more character than Chloe
>>
>>180007075
Only to play it again and try and do the right thing
>>
>>180006937
We have threads upon threads of arguments.

Narrative illiterates stumbling in, and thinking their arguments are anything interesting or new, are hilarious.
>>
>>180006937
Why even bother?
You just said an ending hinted at three times throughout the entire game overrides five episodes worth of Max saying it's her fate to save Chloe, seeing the storm always coming, and helping people.
You're beyond saving.
>>
>>180007109
>>180006997
This couldn't be further from the truth.
>>
File: wallhaven-295401.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-295401.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>180007270
No, it is the truth. They aint wrong
>>
>>179999037
lots of crying and lots of calculus homework
>>
>>180007359
Damn they look 2cool4me
>>
File: chloe.jpg (617KB, 1920x1319px) Image search: [Google]
chloe.jpg
617KB, 1920x1319px
it was at this moment joyce thought

"oh yeah, a real kodak moment"
>>
>>179998487
Unfortunately I think it's basically going be Chloe's version of the rewind, she just talks her way out of whatever she just said
>>
>>180007161
It seems really strange to me that the general consensus is that Bae is the right ending, i'm not pretending what i'm saying is new or interesting, I just wanted to see the whole picture.

Seems to me like the only argument is "Max really wanted to save chloe".

>>180007241
Explain the three times meme to me, and i'll give more examples than the proported three times.
>>
File: y2UHXSn.jpg (341KB, 1600x1033px) Image search: [Google]
y2UHXSn.jpg
341KB, 1600x1033px
They can both rock glasses.
Look cute on Max and look studious on Chloe.
>>
File: Chloe.jpg (347KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe.jpg
347KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>180007506
Davids just angry because he got stuck with joyce when he really wants some of chloes sweet pu$$y
>>
>>180007582
Chloe in Episode 2 mentioning Chaos Theory
Warren mentioning Max changing time caused the storm
Max's nightmare saying she caused the storm.

That's it. Those are thew only mentions that saving Chloe, which wasn't even Max's first change in that timeline, were wrong and is causing the storm and everything else.
Otherwise the storm is always coming. If Max was not meant to save Chloe then she wouldn't have gotten the ability to in that moment.
You can spare us the utilitarian thinking of "one vs many" or "you can't change fate" because none of us want to hear it.
>>
File: 1496449796442.png (566KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
1496449796442.png
566KB, 600x536px
>>180006453
>>180006804
the Bay ending doesn't even make sense and it's impossible to re-create the original timeline using the game's own rules and logic. Ignoring the questionable logic that using the very tool that is causing the the storm would make the storm disappear....
1. Max is entering a point of time where the timeline is already altered.
2. Max has no idea what Original Timeline Max does when Chloe gets shot making it impossible to re-create the OT.
3. OT Max would have the same vision she has in the beginning of the game
4. Max can save Chloe without using rewind. Break the alarm.
5. Chloe gets shot by Jefferson. Storm doesn't go away. Bathroom event never happens in William alive timeline. Storm doesn't go away. So Chloe can't be the key to the storm. Rewind/time hopping is.
6. Going with Bae ending, Max can still choose to go back in time at anytime and think of a better solution to deal with the storm. Her powers won't go away. She can use other photos to go back and warn people of the storm and save Chloe at the same time. They were "safe" at the lighthouse.
7. Max gains the power of seeing a girl get shot that she doesn't even recognize. If she ever experiences such a traumatic event, she would probably gain the power (again).
>>
>>180007582
>I just wanted to see the whole picture.
Read the archives. The "whole picture" is a discourse spanning over years. If you really want the whole picture, that is, and not just give your little perspective and strawman that of others with equal littleness of mind.
>>
>>180007506

I figure she was about to take a picture of chloe cutting the cake, and then as she was pressing the button one of them said something cunty to the other.
>>
on the cuteness scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being low cute and 10 hella cute, how do you rate Max's dance?
>>
>>180007506
I don't think those are supposed to be real pictures. Some of them could be, but others are just flashes of significant events when the timeline is rewritten.
>>
File: 1460772068575.gif (923KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1460772068575.gif
923KB, 240x240px
>>180007945
>>
File: Renderanon Max dance.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Renderanon Max dance.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>180007945
Eleven. The Maxpaddle is so cute that only its inventor can successfully pull it off.

Here's Max doing Trevor's dance. At least I think it's Trevor's.
>>
>>180007836
Utilitarian has nothing to do with it, it's up to the nature of how you show your love.

Do you show your love by clinging what you want to your breast like a birdcage or do you give her what she wants most. It's obvious which one Chloe responds better to.

Just because she has the choice to allow to destroy arcadia bay doesn't mean she is "meant to"

There is no evidence that the storm is always coming, unless you can provide some as an argument.

The whole story got us thematically prepared to lose Chloe, I would consider Kate's likely first playthrough death, Williams death, Morphine administration decision and the diner instrumentality as explicit signs that point to Bay being the right decision.
>>
>>179992407
Trees represent a lot of things in different cultures. In western culture it's basically knowledge and growth of character. My guess in this story burning the tree is symbolic for a character not wanting to know something and/or the family tree is being destroyed which would match up to Rachel's family secret thing. The lighthouse in the first game was a pretty obvious to the point of being cliche representation of the them of the game being about direction, what choice to make.
>>
>>180008439
>The whole story got us thematically prepared to lose Chloe
I, and many in this general, saw it as the exact opposite. The whole game was building up to the moment Max realized what she was feeling and the moment she saved Chloe once and for all.
>>
Check out MadMax, ready to fuckin' thrash!
>>
>>180008898
>I, and many in this general, saw it as the exact opposite.
Then, I'm sorry to say, you got it exactly wrong.
>>
>>180008898
I'd be very interested to understand this, perhaps I will read the archives to understand the thought process.
>>
>>180009160

Damn anon, you really arent so arrogant as to assume that your reading is the only correct one are you?
>>
>>180009413
Original anon here, I wouldn't do that, I seek to understand more than shitpost.

I'll go to that archive now. Should be fun to see reactions anyway.
>>
>>180000000
>>
>>180009216
Just about everyone from the start of the game predicted the final choice, and many wrote it off as being too stupid/cliche to be what they would go with.
That aside, as people read into Max's feelings, watched how the game was progressing, read Max's diary, and evaluated leaks about game locations it seemed like the whole thing was leading up to Max and Chloe leaving together. Possibly the storm being cancelled as well since the thoughts were it had something to do with Rachel or some mystical force. The storm was always coming and nothing Max changed stopped it, even seeing Chloe get shot in the head still had the storm coming after she was dead.
Everyone hoped the ending would be something spectacular and original but when the final choice came up, and after we groaned in disappointment, many had already made their choice months before to save Chloe.
It's what Max would do, what the story was all about, and was a sure thing unlike the gamble of letting her die to stop a storm we've seen cannot be stopped.
>>
File: fugg.png (30KB, 1289x682px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.png
30KB, 1289x682px
>tfw the Mega folder for this is just gone
>>
File: tumblr_nwtwv52pA81ud3ku3o1_1280.png (658KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwtwv52pA81ud3ku3o1_1280.png
658KB, 1000x1000px
>>180009912
Thank Christ /lisg/ didn't get it.
>>
>>180010203
it's over now, but they fucking ruined that /pg/

would rather have comfy /lisg/ than a get
>>
>>180009160
Nah, Bae is the correct ending if we are role playing Max. Now if you're are inserting yourself into the story instead of Max, then the Bay choice might make sense to you. But Max would defiantly not sacrifice Chloe, no matter what. That's clear regardless of what choices you made.
>>
>>180010630
We don't know how good of a person Max is.
>>
File: 1470453301795.jpg (73KB, 564x753px) Image search: [Google]
1470453301795.jpg
73KB, 564x753px
PRICEFIELD 5EVER
>>
>>180010793
Get out Mychel
>>
>>179997768
>Dontnod's done the same, insisting from the beginning that it is not sci-fi, that the supernatural is not point of the work, that the powers, their workings and origins in a story context, do not matter, because the powers themselves only matter insofar they help to tell the story.

And that's the exact logic created the mess that is the ending to Episode 5.
>>
File: 4jI3MVy.jpg (74KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
4jI3MVy.jpg
74KB, 1366x768px
>>180010793
She saves multiple people throughout the game (Though some of it is undone for one reason or another), helps solve a mystery and expose criminals, helps many people realize their mistakes and want to become better, and goes out of her way to fix school drama.
She's a hella good person. If there were more people like Max, the world would be a much better (and cuter) place.
>>
>>180011032
Then if Max is a good person, she would Sacrifice Chloe.
>>
>>180011365
If Max was an idiot, she would sacrifice Chloe.
She may be clumsy but she is no idiot.
>>
>>180007075
No, playing it again new would be great, but some of the best parts of the game were the in between episode /lisg/ threads. Being in a community really is the best thing about episodic games, and you can't experience that after the season fully releases.
>>
>180011365
I hope this is trolling
>>
File: 1495276790569.jpg (58KB, 493x555px) Image search: [Google]
1495276790569.jpg
58KB, 493x555px
>no best girl
i might as well join her on the roof
>>
>>179847124
wtf i thought she was normal not a retard
dropped
>>
New thread

>>180011834
>>180011834
>>180011834
>>
>>180011494
The idea that the tornado is coming anyway ruins the integrity of the story and sounds like denial for Bae posters.

Bay is not a dumb choice.
Thread posts: 684
Thread images: 251

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.