[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rlg/ - roguelike general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 774
Thread images: 120

File: hi.png (223KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hi.png
223KB, 640x480px
>FAQ and What to Play:
FAQ: http://pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: http://pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
http://pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

DCSS tournament 0.20 results: http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/overview.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

last thread >>179441642

Never give up, ok anon?
>>
File: fault.png (384KB, 1105x620px) Image search: [Google]
fault.png
384KB, 1105x620px
>>
I want to get into NetHack. I really liked SLASH'EM for the extra roles.
My question is just SLASH'EM is based on an older version of NetHack, how retarded would it be to swap between/play NetHack first and then SLASH'EM after I get good again.
>>
Is transmuter the best start?
>>
>>179626963
I think Nethack is a bit more conservative with changes to vanilla, so there probably aren't too many differences between it and the version most variants came from (3.4.3, I think?).
>>
>>179629148
>I think Nethack is a bit more conservative with changes to vanilla
**compared to Angband, for instance
>>
dead fucken general 2bh

how are everyone's runs going?
>>
>>179632925
Just splatted to a faun who hit me for 22 damage with a +0 spear
>>
>>179632925
Havent started one since i last won yesterday
>>
>>179632925
I missed most of the tournament, then I realized that .20 was shit anyways and hyping up a tournament is just a dev tool to try to get more people on board with their shitty changes
>>
>>179626768
Can we get back to talking about how the DCSS devs are pathetic cucks and literal trannies? I was enjoying that.
>>
>>179632925
I'm as dead as the threads
>>
>experimental DDA binary no longer works
>have to compile this bloated monstrosity on my toaster
Maybe it will be done by the weekend.
>>
>>179632925
I'll have full employment to waste life at in a week so I can't prop up the general with excellent posts anymore. You're stuck with DCSS complainposts and notaroguelikeposts for eternity. But my own run is following the meta, I guess.
>>
>>179634728
Just get an earlier one?
>>
>>179626963
Very retarded. Any time you learn something in NetHack, you'll try to apply that to SLASH'EM, assuming that it's still a true and good mechanic, when sometimes that won't be the case. That means instead of just not knowing things you'll be suffering from false knowledge.

It would be better to just commit to a variant/vanilla from the beginning.
>>
why'd the thread get so dead post-tourney
>>
tourney drained everyone's enthusiasm and energy
>>
>>179639245
they ran out of meth
>>
ah yes, my favorite episode of my favorite show:
>Stone giant in Orc two-shots you with his large ruks

epic. really makes you consider the volatile nature of man.
>>
>>179639245
foehn winds draining everyone's spirits
>>
>>179637063
Nah, the oldest one available on the website has the same issue. From what google says for the error message, I'm guessing the guy making the builds updated his compiler recently and no longer supports whatever old libraries are on my computer.
>>
>get bored of MerGl of Sky around Lair
>start a DrTm, gonna make it my first Chei run
>2 dart slugs right out of spawn
>very nearly die

wew lads
>>
What's the go-to early skillings for TM? Should I run Transmutations, or focus unarmed
>>
>>179642041
once you get ice form online you can pretty much train uc exclusively until it's fast enough to start training fighting and dodging too
>>
>>179642041
The method I used for my DrTm wins is to skill Transmutations and/or a secondary school until the spell is castable (i.e. not yellow fail rate or worse) and then pump UC.
>>
>>179642041
What i did in my run was
Transmution - spellcasting - ice - uc - dodging - then whatever i needed like invo for chei, more uc/dodging, etc.. This was OpTm btw
>>
>>179642293
>>179642334
So I shouldn't bother with Spider Form, go straight for Ice Form?
>>
>>179642041
rush spider form. The bonuses you get from having spider from far outweigh the bonuses you'd get from training straight UC thus far.

Rushing spider form:
>extra dex increases to-hit, dodging, and stealth
>tiny size increases dodging and stealth
>another intrinsic to-hit bonus
>higher UC base damage
>poison brand on top of it all
>

Focusing UC until the point in the game where you'd have spider if you rused spider:
>lower attack delay by 1 aut
>slightly better accuracy
>slightly better base damage
>>
>>179642430
Spider form is awesome early on, use spider form against hard hitting shit like ogres and similar, ice against other popcorn shit and stuff that can poison you, especially fucking bees
>>
>>179642430
spider form is great but don't use it against adders as it's vuln poison and you will get fucked

imo spider form becomes worthless after iceform is online. remember iceform gives hp, which is hugely nice

also keep in mind blade hands does a fuckload of damage. so you can just rush for that on a strong race if you want. it's a little more fragile than iceform though
>>
>>179642874
>>179642564
My regular strat is ignore everything else and aim for bladehands

I'll use these more often, thanks
>>
Been playing Slimy Lichmummy, its fun but man Im out of touch

>pretty good run
>a big ugly knife in each hand
>dark armor+boots with stealth implants
>bring down the dragon, get the dragon armor
>couple of spells learned from books
>go down the next level
>a couple of bad decisions later Im cornered by dark horrors or whatever their name is
>ok I could phase through one of them since phase teleports two tiles from your position
>phase
>die after getting telefragged by the horror in front o me

ok, either you cant phase through a monster or that particular fucker can eat you regardless

second time I killed the dragon I spent too much time on that next level trying to disable force fields with granades and got swarmed by angels
>>
>And yet no dickery
>no updated mumofesto
>no nothing

God is dead
>>
>>179643073
>rushing blade hands
Noob trap
>>
>>179643529
rip
I haven't played TSL yet but I've seen a couple runs and everything I've heard of it sounds entertaining, good, and short
>>
>>179642041
protip: be extremely liberal with your use of sticks to snakes
>>
>wielding a +7 GSC of freezing pounding shit out
>oka keeps giving me shields despite having 0 skill
god damned retard shitter god
>>
File: no prison can hold me.png (199KB, 799x715px) Image search: [Google]
no prison can hold me.png
199KB, 799x715px
>LRD can blow up sealed doors

more secret tech the devs don't want you to know about
>>
>>179645278
Good thing the devs in their infinite wisdom extended the Oka experience to Veh too. Who doesn't love getting random garbage you can't use?
>>
>>179645448
you used to be able to blow them up with orb of destruction but they fixed that
>>
>no roguelikes in wich you play as tiny mice in a fantasy world

I would love to see something in the vein of Redwall or Mouse Guard
Now I will have to learn how to program to do something about it fuck
>>
>>179648713
you could just take any existing roguelike and reflavor it
>>
>>179648713
>gigantic multi-tile enemies

STILL not clear why roguelikes can't handle this. Krakens in DCSS, for instance, are awesome.
>>
>>179649038
Incursion
>>
>>179632925
>Qud
>rerolling until I get a freshwater weep not too far from starting town
>spores always fuck me up and I catch fickle gill
shit's hard
>>
>acquire armor twice because oka is useless
>2 shields
REEEEE
>>
>>179649038

that would be a challenge indeed

I kinda figure having two sets of W clusters in the form of wolf paws approaching you would be scary as fuck
>>
>>179632925
Got ambushed by about 40 guys on the way to Morivant at CL 14, in a level 24 wilderness square, at night. Killed them all and walked away $10k richer, 2 CL higher, and with 5 shiny new wands. Feels good man.

Now, a couple PCB questions:
1) What determines the chances of getting a bolt vs. a beam from the various "bolt or beam" damage spells?
2) I'm currently playing as a gray mage. It seems like they are very strong in the early game, due to gaining access to a wide variety of spells very quickly, but this is supposedly balanced by their 10-slot cap on usable spells. Should I expect the cap to become a major issue at some point in the future? And is there anything I should do to mitigate it?
>>
>>179650720
>What determines the chances of getting a bolt vs. a beam from the various "bolt or beam" damage spells?
it's entirely based on your character level and your class (high-mages get more beams than mages, mages get more beams than mage-warriors)
>2) I'm currently playing as a gray mage. It seems like they are very strong in the early game, due to gaining access to a wide variety of spells very quickly, but this is supposedly balanced by their 10-slot cap on usable spells. Should I expect the cap to become a major issue at some point in the future? And is there anything I should do to mitigate it?
I haven't played a grey mage but apparently they are extremely strong even in the late game.
Probably you should look through all your available books and plan which spells you want to learn in advance so you don't run out of 'study points' or whatever they're called. You will maybe have fewer low-level utility spells than other mages but you can always just carry devices for things like phase door or detection. (Castable teleport is better than the scroll/staff though because 0% fail.)
>>
>>179650720
Grey mage MIGHT need to skip some of the utility spells replicated by devices and scrolls, but in exchange it can cast wraithform, demonlord form, invuln, call the void, et cetera.
>>
>>179650720
>What determines the chances of getting a bolt vs. a beam from the various "bolt or beam" damage spells?
Character level and class, I think, with mages having better chances than the hybrid classes.
>Should I expect the cap to become a major issue at some point in the future?
Not really, most damage spells are useless and a lot of utility ones can be replaced with items. They are likely the strongest of the mage classes thanks to the number of high level spells you have access to without having garbage sorcerer hp.
>>
>>179651514
Call the void is not very good
It's kind of funny to use it as a huge-radius destruction but I wouldn't memorize it over the normal destruction spell because of the 1-200 self damage this causes.
>>
LOL
>>
>>179652765
>file no longer exists
?????
>>
>>179652765
>>179652918
Wrong image
>>
>hungry ghosts
reeee
>>
>>179653116
Better hope you're not worshiping gozag
>>
>>179652971
sadly I have never seen a katana in an antique store
>>
What is this? I didn't turn on Wander Spawns...
>>
>>179656503
Spotted the formicid.

Seriously, how can you tell what is going on with those minuscule tiles?
>>
>>179643907
how can someone this impatient win a mumo
calm your tits faggot, lest the Tittycrusher grabs ahold of them in your sleep
>>
File: DCSS277.png (203KB, 1365x612px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS277.png
203KB, 1365x612px
I usually go vehumet on blaster casters, but they always get assguttered pretty hard. So, I decided to go sif, and, holy shit, she is amazing.

The book gifts guarantee you're not stuck waiting on the RNG to get you something good, and the divine energy lets you run out of MP but not instantly get assfucked by having 1 more cast of a spell. She is probably better than Vehumet for casters that don't want level 9 spells asap.
>>
>>179659735
>the divine energy lets you run out of MP but not instantly get assfucked by having 1 more cast of a spell
It's great for kiting as well, since the -Cast time is usually less than half the amount of time it would take to regen the MP naturally.
>>
doesn't sif have an ability that lets you just recover half your magic bar for some pitiful amount of piety and invocations investment
>>
>>179661195
for me it seemed to cost a decent amout of piety, and using it at all kept me from every reaching 6* even when I was training magics
>>
>>179659735
sif is great but i'm still mad about
>sif muna accepts your kill!
>>
>>179660885
divine energy is available at 1* or something too
it basically means you have infinite mana in the earlygame when you're spamming low level spells that only cost 1-3 mp
>>
>>179661313
It's not the ability, it's just that Sif piety is ridiculously hard to keep up in general.

>>179661478
Divine Energy at 1*, channeling at 3*. Using Divine Energy for 1-3 mana spells is wasteful though. If you're going to be -Cast for a while no matter what, you might as well fire off your biggest nuke and hope it kills the guy.
>>
>>179661478
with old sif, you got channel energy at 1 star piety, and for many mages that was also effectively infinite MP.
>wizard
hide behind imp/conjure flame and channel, or blink and channel, or slow them and channel
>air mage
swift, run away, and channel (not anymore RIP goodswift)
>fire elementalist
hide behind conjure flame and channel
>summoner
hide behind summons and channel
>earth elementalist
petrify the lead of the pack in a corridor, channel
>warper
blink, channel
>venom mage
just kill them outright because early game VM is busted
>ice elementalist
hide behind ice beasts and channel

There was literally l i t e r a l l y LITERALLY nothing wrong with Old Sif, devs should have just introduced a 3rd magic god based on time travel or debt or some shit instead of fucking with a beautiful classic god of infinite cheese
>>
definitely need another magic god. agreed.
>>
>>179661956
the -cast duration is based on the mana cost of the spell
i'm saying it's OP when the spells you were gonna use anyways are low mana cost, i.e. in early D
>>
Vehumet is the magic god of destruction and raw power, Sif is the magic god of knowledge and versatility, so what would a 3rd god be?
>>
>>179661958
>literally nothing wrong
>infinite cheese
>in dungeon crawl eleganttactical death-to-all-cheese soup
>>
File: DCSS278.png (331KB, 1359x609px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS278.png
331KB, 1359x609px
Also, irradiate is the perfect spell for an ogre caster. Literally facetank a billion guys with your thicc hp and then 1-shot them all with a single cast.
>>
>>179661958
Old Sif was mad OP in extended. You're guaranteed to be gifted lich form at some point, and lich form makes channel literally free. Then Sif's miscast immunity means you only need to get it to 60-70% fail rate for it to be usable (yes that's 60-70% fail, not 60-70% success), at which point you can sit in lich form 24/7 using channel to regen mana at something like 10x the default rate (or 3x if you're an idiot at put literally zero XP into invo). It was fun as fuck to play, just rolling through the hells spamming those L9s. Out of mana? Channel once, channel twice, oh look it's time for another Fire Storm.

>>179662379
That would make me very happy

>>179662681
There's a fixed base delay (it's `3 + missing MP` on average) so you waste a lot of time in -Cast state if you use it with 1 MP spells.
>>
>>179661958
>There was literally l i t e r a l l y LITERALLY nothing wrong with Old Sif
It just was not fun.
>>
>>179663345
>spamming haste at 50% failrate until success before you enter a new level isn't fun
>using flight+ haste +channel + 50% failrate firestorm to clear shoals isn't fun
>using haste+freezing cloud+ice beasts+ icicle to get slimy rune at XL 14 isn't fun

people who don't think that makh/ash/chei/sif aren't the funnest gods aren't playing right, and probably agree with the dev changes
>>
what about a god of spell focus?

>you get a reduced number of spell slots
>by focusing on these fewer spells, you are able to achieve superior mastery of them
>casting some spells above 'max' spellpower
>casting spells in tandem
>casting spells twice
>getting a okawaru's finesse-like effect on your spellcasting
>chaining spells instantaneously on kill, but you can't cast the same spell twice in a chain

obviously not all of these effects, but some of them, possibly modified. It could be like a wiu-jian council of magic
>>
Or a god of singing.

>the more consecutive turns you spend casting spells, the stronger your song grows (your song grows faster with higher MP spells, so you can't spam magic dart for max song power)
>higher song power lets you do cool shit, possibly like the powers in previous post
>the downside: this god dislikes spells that are below 'somewhat loud'
>>
File: tgewrewh.png (77KB, 785x486px) Image search: [Google]
tgewrewh.png
77KB, 785x486px
Damn all these books all so early.
MUH
DICK
>>
>>179663728
You can still do those things. But now you don't have to wait until you get XL6 spells to make Sif tolerable to play.
>>
>>179664817
sif's 1 star piety carries early mages, what are you talking about. 4 invo and the right utility/summoning spell and you are ready to rock.
>>
>>179664381
>It could be like a wiu-jian council of magic
so all the interesting features would be gutted in trunk and it would just become the god of "you have higher max spellpower and better max MP"?
>>
>>179664381
>casting some spells above 'max' spellpower
Maybe just give an enhancer? All the high-level spells are capped at 200 and it's damn hard to hit that already (50 int + 2 enhancers, or 33 int + 3 enhancers, with 27 in all relevant skills).
>>
>>179664928
Thousands of extra buttons pressed throughout a game on top of the butan-heavy nature of spellcasting, and contrasted with Oka each invocation of Sif channel felt like it did shit-all. But now you only need to turn on Divine Energy once to get a substantial boost to mana stretchery, and you can actually get some fucking big boy mana for once, at the price of a bit of piety.
>>
So what do you actually do to survive in the wilderness in dda? I had to hide in a cemetery building to not take cold damage at night, and all I've really managed to do so far is cook frog meat on a stick.
>>
>>179664381
Sounds pretty sick 2bh, but devs hate fun new gods. Especially since the primary complaint against Wu Jian from the devs was 'I can't tab mindlessly with this god, pls fix'
>>
File: 1496886828791.png (470KB, 1111x621px) Image search: [Google]
1496886828791.png
470KB, 1111x621px
>Try to fix a motorcycle's gas tank
>Need a hacksaw
>Find one in another town
>Killed by a shocker brute

>Try to build a wooden bike
>Need a wrench
>Find a toolbox
>Mugged by an NPC
>Shot in the head

>Try to build another wooden bike
>Have all the tools and materials, Mechanics skill too low to do it
>Find a Mechanics book
>Get hungry while reading it
>Go to the grocery store of a town that I cleared of zombies
>Horde led by a zombie necromancer approach from the wilderness
>Game crashes
>>
>>179665552
>hacksaw
If you are particularly desperate, you can smash the frame with the tank on it and hope the frame breaks before you damage the tank too much. Probably need a welder to repair, though, so still needs some tools.
>>
>>179663016
Irradiate is just an outstanding spell all around. Effective level of 6 and great damage for that investment and the 5 cost.
>>
File: ogre3.jpg (31KB, 593x150px) Image search: [Google]
ogre3.jpg
31KB, 593x150px
3/3 for winning ogres now
>>
>>179665135
nah, I'm talking like he removes spellcaps, maybe gives you an enhancer as well, but if I had to choose between the two I'd say remove spellcap. And even give a cool message when you cast a spell above max spellpower. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it would be broken for low level spells, like sandblast. Sandblast at twice the regular power would be insane against now AC targets, like titans and such. So maybe limit the 'remove spellcaps' to the level 9 spells. It won't get too out of hand with the lvl 9's because of the conversion of raw spellpower to real spellpower, it would indeed be pretty tough to get above 200 on a level 9. But it would be fun to try.
>>
>>179669035
Is mace ogre still a decent choice? That +3 aptitude going to -1 made me pretty flaccid.
>>
>>179669382
Throwgre >>> Clubber
>>
>>179669242
Removing the spell power caps on L9s is useless, and removing the caps on lower level spells would be OP. An enhancer would be much, much better.
Alternatively, you could increase caps by 1.3x
>>
>>179669382
Its still viable
>>
>>179665360
Vehumet is the god of low-effort caster. Sif is the god of high-effort tedious cheese caster. Making channel energy cost piety means that you can't spam it, meaning that you can't cheese. If they want a new less cheesy high-effort god, then they should have made a new god. What's the fun if you can't do clever shenanigans forever throughout the dungeon (bad players and devs call this 'tedium'). Old sif was a perfectly viable god choice in every stage of the game, even zigs. New sif is also perfectly viable at every stage of the game, but now you can't do clever little tedious things with him, like be a XL5 shitter MuWz and stroll around with rMsl and permaswift up, and standing outside a doorway recasting imps until you get only iron/frost, then ordering them to open the door for you. THAT's the fun part of Sif. If I wanted to play resource management caster, I would just go vehumet.
>>
>>179669783
yeah, but vehumet already gives you an enhancer, so if you were after that then why would you go this god instead of vehumet. Hm, maybe that would work, increasing all caps by 1.3x or some number.
>>
>>179670509
Vehumet gives you Wizardry, not an enhancer.
>>
Watching Bcadren speak random nonsense into the uncaring void of ##crawl has to be just the saddest thing.
>>
Should I go for the engame weapon early, or stick with the midgame weapon more appropriate to my skill?

Specifically, a +2 glaive of protection or a +2 bardiche of draining, at polearmes 16, in lair
>>
>>179672548
Use the glaive until you have 20 polearms, that way you can swing the bardiche at 1.0 auts, which is good enough to use.
>>
>Spawn near a sports car in perfect condition
>Drive through a city on my way to the refugee camp
>Arrive at the camp
>Crossbow is gone
>A technician zombie took it while I was in the city going at 60 mph
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>179672725
Thanks.

Another general question for anyone with more experience: I'm a polearme MerGl of Uska. I feel like I should train stealth at least moderately to take advantage of all the stabbing opportunities she gives. Am I just wasting xp?
>>
>>179673084
Train Invo with Uskayaw since it increases the rate at which you gain piety and the duration of the mass paralysis.

Later on, when you have more exp than you know what do with then you can probably invest some points in stealth.
>>
>>179669783
not to mention that raw spellpower gets logarithmically stepped down so that you'd be getting fuckall actual spellpower no matter how stacked you get
>>
The ettin hits you with a dire flail!!
The ettin hits you with a dire flail of crushing!!!
holeeee fuck
that was fucking retarded
>>
If I find an artifact troll armor with the Regen property, does that stack with its inherent regen? And would they stack with an amulet?
>>
>>179674321
it stacks with other sources, if it just says regen that is it's inherent base regen bonus
>>
How about a sorcerer god that turns your spells into magical abilities (silence immunity), and forces you to use HP as MP and MP as HP. Throw on inverted guardian spirit for good measure. Antimagic weapons (wielded by player or enemy) will fucking kill you, as will ghost moths and crystal ball. Have spellcasting skill match player XL. Do some other funky shit
>>
>>179663236
and then they decided casters should suck and be no fun and removed their want-to-be setups

the devs should read some fantasy books and then remember that is canon that magic casters are supposed to just be better than melee fighters
>>
>>179673045
fuck man that is heartbreaking
>>
>>179675313
blood magic? maybe make that a ring
>>
>>179675313
>and forces you to use HP as MP and MP as HP
done before, and it was good. but too good. All it did was make fuckhueg tablords (Djinn)
>>
According to the pastebin, Expert Disassemble is a skill, but I don't see it listed in the skills available. What do I do???
>>
>>179677012
djinn was HP = HP+MP
they were a shared resource
I'm talking about essentially swapping HP and MP values
So you'll be walking around with felid health but fuckhuge mana pool
Also add an empower ability to empower your spells somehow
maybe something like double mana cost for double actual spellpower (uncapped)
>>
opinions on cogmind?
>>
>>179669783
if you want to play crawl without spellpower caps do a game of dcssca has a HaCj and oneshot everything with magic dart
>>
>>179678017
Yes something needs to be done about the problem of spellcasters having too much HP.
>>
http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/0-20-tournament-results
Tourney post-mortem is up.
>>
>You may be wondering how Ijyb is doing in the rankings now that she always has a wand but places a bit deeper. She’s moved up 7 ranks and killed 281 more players compared to the 0.19 tournament, with over 8 times as many wand kills compared to melee kills.

>she
>>
>>179680646
and aizul and grinder and nikola and polyphemus and urug and gastronok and jory and saint roka and purgy
pretty soon they will be removing non-female uniques such as menkure and norris and rupert and maurice altogether
>>
File: excuse me.png (92KB, 336x417px) Image search: [Google]
excuse me.png
92KB, 336x417px
>>
>>179681108
pretty soon they'll make sigmund gay
>>
>>179626768
is brogue bullshit
>>
>>179681384
best lair steps
even if you use escape hatches, trying to come up will ensure death
try a wand of polymorph if you have one
>>
>>179681603
It's monty hall the roguelike except you find out that you picked the wrong door about an hour and a half later
>>
how do I git gud/[endspoiler] at brogue
>>
>>179681603
it's awesome but idk why people think it looks good. having 500 tiles on screen of similar but slightly different color clashes horribly
>>
>>179681975
Get good at guessing.
>>
>>179679689
Minmay is a girl? Is she hot?
>>
>>179682482
her cock is huge
>>
>>179681975
Don't use ID your shit for a while, hope for a good offensive option otherwise go full regeneration/invisibility/teleport and hope you can enchant them enough, dip at the slightest bit of trouble, always, don't fuck with water.
>>
>you have grown [fungus] on [bodypart]
is there anything that makes you alt + f4 faster in a roguelike?
>>
>>179682772
water should just be removed from that game completely. its bullshit and not fun
>>
>>179683136
I disagree, I think it's neat and brings a lot of flavour. There's also quite a few ways to deal with it, but maybe there should be more, idk.

There are bigger problems in Brogue, imo.
>>
>>179682635
I take it the medication works then?
>>
>>179682482
irl she is a qt elf named duvessa
>>
https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/4ad91a05bbc20fc481583542ab70a125a0369532

>I'm not particularly worried that having access to faster mp regeneration as an amulet will push magic-heavy builds over the top.

it won't, lasty

because magic-heavy builds are awful in crawl
>>
>>179685756
whoa wait a sec
did the +50% MP regen rate stack with nu-sif channeling regen? because holy fuck that'd be great
and now it's been removed
>>
>>179685756
Wow, it's nothing. And of course they had to weaken it for high mp characters, you know, the ones actually using lots of offensive spells.

So pretty much what we expect from lasty.
>>
>>179686661
nobody wore amulet of magic regen that late anyways
>>
>playing for 5 hours
>press u to step beside a stone giant
>finger slips and i press k next
>he hits me and I die
Not a huge fan of that flavour of fault desu.
>>
>>179679689
>Sigmund was the most deadly unique
Honestly, how are people this bad? I don't think I have died once to Sigmund since the first time I reached lair. He even has a polearm so if you fuck up, you can just walk up some stairs and he wont follow.
>>
>>179688675
>Sigmund
i ve only played since .19 and always fuck him up easy
>>
>>179688675
He's worth a potion of experience early on aside from the skill levels.
Worth the risk if you are trying to go fast.
>>
>>179688675
he casts confuse at a depth where players will not have identified !curing
the correct choice is of course to walk away out of LOS the very turn you see him, but if you do anything other than that you have a significant chance of dying
>>
Sigmund is one of those guys that walks around with wands sometimes too, there a lot of ways to cheese him, and he's pretty simple to just diesel through, but also casts invisible and confuse and can assgutter you pretty quickly.

It's almost always fault when he kills you, but it's extremely easy to fault to him, especially if you spent the last 10 games slaughtering him on sight.
>>
>>179688675
If he doesnt kill you with a combination of confuse and a poison scythe, having to dive to avoid him might
>>
File: 1485884393324.png (66KB, 523x346px) Image search: [Google]
1485884393324.png
66KB, 523x346px
>Bionic Sniper profession
>Can't hit anything more than 15 tiles away
>Suppressed rifle still deafening
>>
>>179692790
suppressed guns are loud irl :^)
>>
>>179692790
>>179692936
https://youtu.be/L7fp3qLPz6k?t=53s

Guns making you deaf in a game where you shoot people with guns is bad game design.
>>
>>179679689
>The most dangerous ghost was everyone’s favorite Crawl lua bot, qw, who claimed an incredible 150 kills
Based qw
>tfw i finished 86th
Im satisfied with my results, hope you guys had fun as well!
>>
>>179694027
i know its gay but the devs are faggots basically i dont really expect cdda to ever be good
>>
>>179688675
>Sigmund uses a wand!
>It's a wand of polymorph!
>You are turned into a tree.
>Sigmund hits you from afar.
>10 turns later
>You die...
>>
Anyone else playing Elona+ right now? I'm playing with custom and I haven't touched the game in a long time but NPCs seem to linger around my home like bums and I can't for the life of me figure out how to tell them to fuck off. Is it a bug? My home is now cluttered with about 20 random citizens who just showed up to say Hi and never fucking leave along with some trainers.
Its annoying the shit out of me. Bug or feature I'm missing? Please and thanks.
>>
File: DELETE THIS.png (3KB, 248x17px) Image search: [Google]
DELETE THIS.png
3KB, 248x17px
>>179626768
How do I into nethack? I've only ever played DCSS, -bands, DF, and DDA. Is nethack4 a good choice? Any good guides for noobs? Seems to have a lot more depth than a lot of other rls
>>
File: trust me, you will.png (2KB, 615x33px) Image search: [Google]
trust me, you will.png
2KB, 615x33px
>>179688675
It honestly depends entirely on the start, squishier starts without a strong attack might be better off just avoiding him, but otherwise you can definitely take him out and get a nice xp boost. It's all about feeling out the situation, and it takes time and experience to develop that intuition, newer players will probably get fucked over if they can't read the situation.
>>
>>179682135
Disabling color effects make it look a lot better, however that option is fucked on windows and pender doesn't give a shit.
>>179696315
>Seems to have a lot more depth than a lot of other rls
Lmao no
Nethack4 is good, plenty of beginner guides on wiki and wherever tf else
>>
File: I implore you to reconsider.png (171KB, 441x204px) Image search: [Google]
I implore you to reconsider.png
171KB, 441x204px
>>179658073
He doesn't come here anymore, none of the people that talk to him do. Hell, I pass by once a day and barely post anymore too. Combine that with the fact there's no way to contact him directly and nobody really cares about mumo, he'll never know anything happened.
>>
Kill yourself.
>>
Later.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-14_11-34-01.png (634KB, 1280x986px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-14_11-34-01.png
634KB, 1280x986px
I won a 4 rune octopode. Was aiming for a 3 rune but I cleared Slime in the hope of finding Spellforged Servitor to fight OoFs. Didn't find it, but I got very lucky with +Int rings, so I learned Glaciate instead which worked even better.
>>
>>179696241
I recall playing vanilla. Citizens and other such folks could visit you if you had a maid or some other NPC which allowed them visits. Otherwise it could be only your own potential party members or allies that could be at the location. Maybe it changed in Elona+ but not necessarily.

I hope to replay the game but there's no good, small music pack, only huge packs.
>>
>>179702110
Servitor is a trash spell.
>>
>>179702782
It's only trash if you have trash spells castable. It wrecks OoFs if all it knows is LCS or Iron Shot. Best damage/MP of any spell.
>>
>>179702667
I find myself killing the music and just listening to stuff in the background but what I mean is.

>talk to maid and tell her to let in my backlog of 9 or so visitors
>she's like OK
>They train, lewd, trade and talk with me, basically do everything they're supposed to do
>I leave and come back a month later and sal the salesman and those other eight fucking bums I let into my home happily greet me and proceed to continue fucking about
>too afraid to let anyone else into my home

Is this a bug or what? Seriously they won't fucking leave and if there's a button or command or anything I can use to get people to fuck off I'd love it. I play on loss mode that means permadeath and allow myself a backup save each ingame year, so if I die twice a year I'm boned. I'm low level and can't hope to kill these guild trainers, so if I'm just pants on head retarded overlooking a button that happens to be the equivalent of get the fuck out then someone please tell my dumb ass.
>>
>>179702110
Stone form wrecks them even harder
>>
>>179703553
Nah.
>>
>>179704475
It got nerfed a few months back.
>>
>>179704475
What do you mean 'nah'?
>>
>>179704612
You mean when forms got changed to a flat damage bonus instead of hyperscaling?
It doesn't actually make much difference unless you have obscene attributes.

>>179704642
I mean statue form is not as good as glaciate is at killing orbs of fire.
>>
>>179704809
How come i was 1shotting orbs then in statue form?
>>
Are there any roguelikes that have some cool lore or maybe even story?
>>
>>179704901
That has more to do with you having very high strength and weapon skill than statue form desu.

>>179705316
OWH's story is nice.
IA.
>>
So, the winrate for everybody in crawl increased by 29% but the winrate for relative newbies winrate increased by 37%. People with +10 wins have been slacking.
>>
>>179706154
I suppose, i did have like +20 extra str from rings but still and was uc but still, statue form has a damage multiplier of 1.25 so its pretty nice to use
>>
>>179706335
You would do considerably more damage with blade hands though.
>>
>>179706420
I cant risk going into zot with 8 ac and 38 ev or so..
>>
>>179706451
You use it to kill orbs and aliches.
>>
>>179706527
I just used statue form for everything after i learned it in slime, i dont think i used blade hands once the run i played
>>
>>179706662
Its damage per turn is significantly higher than statue forms against single targets. Second to dragon form for HUGE DAMAGE.
>>
>>179706753
I did use dragon form on popcorn stuff to see what sort of damage i can do, i usually did from 4 to 6 !'s of damage to almost anyone i hit, pretty much the same as in the statue form, maybe going 3 to 5 usually but youre right, i forgot statue form does suffer from delayed attacks
And as i said earlier, i was just scared using anything else other than statue form once i got it, i just wanted to finish that run..
>>
>>179706989
Like I said, you use it purely to make something alive or unliving and make them them not. In the time it takes for statue form to swing 3 times (and misses suck WAY more if you're a statue), BH or dragon will have outright killed the foo. Defenses be damned, sometimes you just want a guy dead.
>>
>>179679689
>Win rate went up by 29% with this update

Not surprising seeing as there was very little change to work around.

If anything this patch is easier early thanks to better wands.
>>
Playing nethack 3.60, is there no way to actually get an item description for stuff in my inventory?
>>
>>179707128
I get ya, thx anon.. Im just still a bit unexperienced regarding some stuff but im learning with each win as much as i can
>>
>>179707670
Its all good anon. Best to be overly cautious before you learn to flare a little bravado with your offensive prowess. You'll figure it out.
>>
>>179707850
Well i do have a fair amount of wins, i would say, under my belt considering how many games i did overall and i know limitations of certain characters and what i can or cant do in a situation but sometimes i really like to be cautious and safe than playing like im playing MiBe
>>
>>179707670
I think you learn much more from the loses. A win could may be bad when you luck out of bad situations.
>>
>>179694550
If there's any saving grace, it's that at least one of the main devs recognizes that more tedium/""""""realism"""""" doesn't equal a good game.

>Smash a fridge into scrap metal with a pipe
>~15 noise

>Fire a glock
>226 noise
>Go deaf
>>
>>179709824
kevin doesn't.
>>
>>179709824

>go deaf from firing guns

Hahahaha wow, this is retarded. There's also glare if you walk towards the sun.

At the same time, where do you draw the line for realism?
>>
>>179709784
I learn from both, dont get me wrong, but i do learn a lot from my wins as well
>>
>>179707171
do only "pros" play in the tournament or do random plebs join too
>>
>>179710443
There isn't a clear line. That is the craft of game design.
>>
>>179710506
What can you learn from wins if you don't die? Or do you always test your boundaries and if you live you count that as a learning experience too?
>>
>>179711138
Since i usually try to play new combinations/races i see how well they do in certain situations, how fast i get levels, what they can actually do with x or y items, etc..
>>
>>179710875
Considering any 0.20 game played during t on one of the servers is counted in the stats, it takes all kinds.
>>
>>179711138
> how can you learn when you don't die
Wow, only got out of that with 1/200 hp. Those blutterblargbeasts hit hard. Best not melee them anymore. "proceeds to do that" "wins"

Tadaa, you learned stuff.
>>
>>179711378
forgot i'm a mibe retard sorry for wasting your time lol

have to try some other races but they all feel so useless early and i die
>>
>>179712405
Never tried branching out to Ga?
>>
>>179712393
*raises paw*

ummmm...
>>
>half a bagel waiting for me in kitchen
>too lazy to get off couch and eat it

How do I decrease laziness to eat bagel? Do I need more food to do that? I don't have any maybe I've lost the game. If I sleep maybe it will regenerate my energy? Pls help.
>>
>>179712918
Jesus, you people need help with fucking EVERYTHING. it is easy. Just download your own source code, increase your energy regeneration value, recompile yourself. Problem fixed.
>>
>>179712918
anhedonia mutation

ctrl-q
>>
>>179713017
>>179713179

I forgot about postin that and got up to eat a shitty cinnamon thing and I'm not sure what I ate. I'm not lazy now but I'm full and there's still half a bagel out there. How do I eat half a bagel later? My autism is bothered by the existence of half a bagel. And I don't want to eat half a bagel later. Fuggggg.
>>
>>179626768

>tfw developing a nazi roguelike just to spite that fag from the last thread who said I couldn't
>>
If Incursion is open source how come nobody has tried picking it up? is it too intimidating or just nobody cares?
>>
>>179713525
bagel.delete() should work.

>>179713623
Using a 2 day old meme? that is so 2001
>>
>>179713623
I can see a roguelike where you play a jew and get killed over and over trying to escape nazis but how would you make nazis playable?
>>
>>179714032

I don't want to throw it away, but I don't want it to exist in it's current form or to change forms. Fuck. I should just eat it. I'M GOING CRAZY REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>179714257
Eating it is changing it's form.
Hell, by just letting it sit there it will also slowly change it's form by decomposing.
> enjoys the autistic breakdown.
>>
>>179714201

I don't want to tell you because I actually have a really good idea and I'm scared of someone stealing it : \

Trust me it's good though, and it's not going to be an autistic /pol/tard nazi game where you run around attacking Jews.
>>
>>179714361

I have to eat it basically because half of it is inside of me already.
>>
>no roguelikes that allow you to have sex with procedurally generated monsters

I feel so empty inside.
>>
>>179714201
This is actually a brilliant premise
>>
File: Jun14-080010.png (219KB, 1920x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Jun14-080010.png
219KB, 1920x1035px
Some of the egos in this game are so damned rare.
>>
>>179714579
I think there is one degenerate roguelike, I'm sure someone in this thread can tell us which
>>
>>179710875
>>179711973
That, and many servers (like CBRO) shut off experimental branches so that people only play 0.20 or the git version during the tourney.
>>
>>179714406
Nobody is gonna steal your game idea. Trust me, it sucks.
>>
>>179714725
Yes there, is talking about it is banned in the roguelike discord channel. Let me look it up.
>>
>>179714201

simple, nazis are experimenting with the occult in a castle like in wolfenstein, things go wrong and you play as a soldier in guard duty or something who just got dragged into things

think about it, you could have classes like evil nazi cult wizard, evil nazi scientist, evil SS officer, evil spy, and so on.
>>
>>179714923
Noxico is it called. (at least that is the one explicitly called out).
>>
>>179714954
And the Edain class, the jewish guinea pig used for the advancement of science
>>
>>179714815

OY VEY
>>
>>179714954
This is pretty generic and has nothing to do with nazis
>>
File: DCSS279.png (314KB, 1365x615px) Image search: [Google]
DCSS279.png
314KB, 1365x615px
Absolutely excellent.

I died shortly after, would have saved by a blink, if I didn't have fucking BLURRY VISION and no mute pots.
>>
>>179715231
It is the golden rule of game ideas. The more somebodies worries about how it might be stolen, and wants NDA's and shit, the less likely it is to be good. (Because only amateurs want an NDA for an idea, and amateurs usually have shit ideas).
>>
>>179715894
Yeah, don't do slime. If you have to do slime for a 3 runer, do it last.
>>
>>179715969

OY VEY GOYIM SHARE YOUR FUCKIN' IDEA YOU FUCKIN' GOY

>next post will be you telling me you don't want my idea, etc
>>
>>179715871

>nothing to do with nazis

so wolfenstein has nothing to do with nazis just because the ideas are generic?

it sure beats "go for the amulet of yendor I wont even bother to rename it for my setting"
>>
>>179716171
Euh... I already did. I said it sucks from the start. It wasn't some reverse psychology trick or something. After saying 'im not going to share my idea because you might steal it' I am convinced it is shit, and I don't care.
>>
>>179716091
I was in swamp my man, I got blurry vision through a random malmutate and the only 2 mute pots in the game didn't get rid of it.
>>
File: frontpage_img.png (20KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
frontpage_img.png
20KB, 900x300px
I like to dig for shit that doesnt get talked about much

I found this today and I have yet to play it, but it sure looks interesting

http://www.armouredcommander.com/
>>
>>179716396
I know you were in the swamp, I just assumed you got the bad mutation from the slime where all the cool malmutebros hang out. My bad.
>>
>>179716392

I don't care goyim, give me yur idea goyim - I mean, I don't care. Stupid fuckin' no talent goyim. YOU GOT NO TALENT. NO TALENT SUCKAH! NO. NO. NO, I WHENT TU ART SKOOL NAZIS GET OUT!!!!!11
>>
>>179715894
>not popping tree form and then fog
>not popping berserk and clubbing him to death
>not having summon butterfly or some other shit
>not eating mutate chunks from ugly things/shapeshifters/other shit
F A U LT
>>
File: Nyaahh.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Nyaahh.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>179716654
Think you are confusing >>179716171 and >>179714201 with me. They are not me, im me.
>>
>>179714201
>>179714406
How about a roguelike where you play a nazi revolutionary in a dystopian future where the jews have taken over the world (like literally right now irl), and the game is separated into "levels" which are all things like, the personal property of a wealthy jew, where your job is to break through the security and complete a series of objectives like:
>Free all the slaves held captive in the sex dungeon
>Gather evidence of secret correspondence with other bankers and Muslim oil barons and sex traffickers and conspiracies to manufacture proxy wars in the middle east
>Assassinations
>Liberating their wealth and ancient booty of historical significance
this would ramp up gradually with you having to track down secret agents in a city setting surrounding a water treatment plant before the jews can literally poison the water supply and turn virile males into transexual sissy boys and fat SJWs with low T who are impressionable and will follow the herd morality
or secret occult meetings where the jews suddenly collide with the free masons or the chinese where a hunting game is staged, and you have to infiltrate as one of the captive prey that's released into the woods, only you've already sacrificed your humanity to become a cyborg, and the scene turns into a slaughter as hidden blades unfold from your limbs and your dick transforms into a rifle
culminating with you bursting through the window to interrupt a dinner party with the richest and jewiest jews, who are literally eating christian baptised babies and sacrificing them to moloch

is that better or worse than your idea anon
>>
>>179718006

that would work better as some sort of Deus Ex /pol/ mod rather than a roguelike
>>
>>179718006

TLDR
>>
>>179718395
typical jew counter-information tactics
>>
>>179718539

True I am a Jew
>>
>>179716571
Looks fun, thanks for posting it. Glad to see someone forked it for Linux too.
>>
File: Jun14-093118.png (196KB, 1920x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Jun14-093118.png
196KB, 1920x1035px
Oh shit lads.
>>
>>179718695
Good work my fellow NWO operative. A fat SJW here. Time to get a new color in my hair. Brb.
>>
File: Jun14-100152.png (254KB, 1920x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Jun14-100152.png
254KB, 1920x1035px
This character is wonderful aside from having literally 0 (Zero) !Healing and 32% fail on a shitty 5 charge _Healing.
>>
>>179707317
There is one nethack variant which has full item descriptions. No other variant seems to steal that feature, because the developers think touching the one variant that has it will spread cancer or something.
>>
>>179718006
>herd morality
What's with you faggots and Nietzsche
>>
>>179723521
islam is a pretty good example of whats wrong with it
>>
>>179723737
IslamRL is pretty good actually.
>>
>>179723737
You haven't read the books have you
>>
>>179724558
It isn't about the books, it isn't even about islam. It is about using islam (which most people here I assume don't like) as a deflection away from him being a skaven (which most people here only joke about liking).
>>
I tried NetHack years ago, was fun. But I feel like SLASH'EM is more fun - is it viable to skip vanilla and go straight to SLASH'EM if I've only ever got to Sokoban
>>
>>179724924
you should try SLASH'EM Extended, which is even more crazy and still actively developed
>>
>>179724996
I wanted to but it has no tileset. It bothers me not having a tileset since I'm still learning the monsters, etc.
I am going to move onto that though eventually I think. I do like the massive amount of stuff - it's a bit like PosCh in that regard I think
>>
>>179724767
I was saying Islam is an example of what is wrong with herd morality.

IDK what the skaven part is about, is that some sort of jew joke
>>
>>179724924
*hacks are generally not good, but Vanilla is especially bad.
SLASH'EM Extended is probably one of the worst video games ever actively developed for more than a year.
>>
File: coc.png (53KB, 633x394px) Image search: [Google]
coc.png
53KB, 633x394px
>>179726368
>SLASH'EM Extended is probably one of the worst video games ever actively developed for more than a year.

Wrong.
>>
>>179727852
I mean if we're going to include porn then Noxico is going to knock everything else on its ass.
>>
daily reminder that orbs of fire are no bigger than a housecat
>>
>>179703515
I've read around about the problem (just for you anon). I didn't find much but a mention that the guests visit when you come back home some times, tried to leave and re-enter you home repeatedly?
>>
>>179729561
basilisks are also "very small"
>>
>>179716571
I haven't checked updates in a couple of months, thanks for the reminder.
Tip; EVERYTHING you do is fault
>>
File: 1477851733237.gif (349KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1477851733237.gif
349KB, 300x169px
>>179673819
mfw when casting Tukimas Dance on ogres and ettins
>>
File: dcss.png (69KB, 570x732px) Image search: [Google]
dcss.png
69KB, 570x732px
Any advice for a DCSS noob?

I'm not a noob to roguelikes, I've beaten like shiren DS, powder, spelunky

Feels like there's a big power jump around D10. Outside of loot RNG and stuff like stairdancing any general TIPS?. I'm trying to not 100% spoil everything cuz that's no fun
>>
oh look, its another run where I dont use a single one of oka's gifts. What an absolute shit god
>>
File: 1497465876204.jpg (168KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497465876204.jpg
168KB, 1200x1200px
>>179730136
>>179729561
>curse toes are literally the size of toes
>>
>>179731661
Go to lair before orc.
>>
>>179731661
dont tab so hard, pay attention to positioning. press x and v on things often to see what theyve got going on. know when to run and to use expendables. Always manually decide where to put exp. Get weapon min delay then fighting and defenses.

Thats enough to get you through lair at the very least
>>
So i've recently been playing Nethack for the first time, I had a fair amount of experience in ADOM, so I'm surprised a lot of it carries over. You know how people try to do it without a guide? I want to do that. But I'm wondering what counts as a.. Guide. Like I had to look up a few things, like how the armor class system works, and how taming and altars work (extended commands pls). Have I already spoiled myself too far?
>>
>>179732632
there are really obscure things that you will almost never certainly be able to figure out by yourself that are the difference between being able to win and being able to not win

it's generally regarded as a fruitless, futile endeavor to attempt to beat it 100% spoiler free. i mean you already looked some stuff up.
>>
>>179731914
ok
>>179731932
got that stuff, was doing manual XP but was leveling everything equally, I'll try pumping a weapon level next run.

One time I accidentally maxed stealth for like the first 5 floors and it was actually really helpful, I was able to sneak around and opening strike shit.
>>
File: azuredream_226.jpg (38KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
azuredream_226.jpg
38KB, 350x300px
Anyone /azuredreams/ here? Is a Trained+50 and a Mirror+47 enough to blaze through floors 31-40? I'm taking along my Kewne and my Battnel, bot at around level 35.
>>
>>179732872
Some things are just kind of.. Unexplained? I thought usually a higher AC meant better, and I was a barbarian, so when I put on more armor I noticed it was going DOWN. i wasn't sure what to do, so I thought I might as look it up. I just gotta retrieve some amulet right? I found.. Sokoban once, looks like a puzzle place. I've only ever been to the minetown and sokoban before I just kind of ran out of hp. My latest run was faltered because I saw a minotaur and went "Pff~ I have -2 AC and a cleaver! 90 hp should be easy"
>die in two turns
Im learning a fuckton just from playing the game (eg dont drink fountains, sinks, etc, the bad outweighs the good by a large margin) and my runs seemingly are starting to last longer.
>>
>>179733179
There is about a 0.01% you'll be able to figure out a mega-important, mega-helpful game mechanic by yourself

SPOILERS I AM ABOUT TO SAY WHAT THAT THING IS BELOW IN THE SPOILER BOX

I'M WARNING YOU DO NOT LOOK AT THIS SPOILER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED

_

_

_

_

HERE IT COMES

You'll never figure out elbereth by yourself
>>
>>179733480
I know what that is. But that seems awfully cheaty doesnt it? It just kind of makes you immune to like everything, that's no fun
>>
>>179731702
spacey pls

pls
>>
>>179705316
adom has a story
>>
>>179733548
Cheaty? There's beating the game and there isn't beating the game. It's hard enough as it is

Also you're already in spoiler territory despite your supposed desire not to be so you might as well spoil the rest of it, or play a roguelike that isnt shite
>>
>>179733584
I'll pls when oka gives me something good
>>
>>179723351
>one variant
i'm pretty sure i've seen them in nh4, in dyna, and in slex
>>
>>179733756
Theres a lot of stuff to learn about, like areas, what you need to ascend, tactics and other things. That spoiler thing is just plain.. Cheating, imo. I'm sure it's possible to beat it without using such a thing.
>>
>>179733548
Elbereth was originally a cheat code, yes.
It's also horribly tedious to use. My advice is to go along skipping it.
>>
>>179734184
In version 360 it's no longer a cure-all though, even burned Elbereth can degrade. And you can only have one Elbereth per square.
>>
>>179728160
>noxico developed for more than a year
doesnt it have 0 content
iirc the dev made the engine and then sat back and said "some of you anonymous fuckers on the internet better contribute some lewd writing to this porn game"
and nobody did
>>
>>179731661
that's a lot of orc priest deaths
do you understand how smite works
>>
>>179732632
If you actually want to win unspoiled you'll want to get a bunch of major consultations from the oracle -- some of them are things both important an unlikely to discover on your own.
>>
>>179734682
I talked to an oracle once but she only gave minor ones. I don't mind getting minor advice, like something your friend would tell you, like a tip. I feel like as if I'm not using a guide (like oh use this character and do these things to get the best results) then I can say I did most of the work myself
>>
>>179732632
http://www.nethack.org/docs/nh360/nethack-360-Guidebook.pdf

This comes packed with the game, so if you want a mostly spoiler-less experience (but some much needed clarification of some things), then use this.
>>
>>179733480
Elbereth is in the fucking manual, dumbass
>>179733548
>inmune to everything
Nope, and it's worse in the last version
>>
What roguelikes have summoning/necromancy type characters as a viable way to win.
By this I mean you could win NetHack with a bunch of pets ifyou managed to tame say a bunch of liches.
But I'm talking about like the Qu... whatever monster race from Poschengband or say summoner/necromancer from ToME4
>>
>>179736345
ADOM has necomancers. You can even name your dudes.

It's tricky to get off the ground though. Some guy here rose an uber lich that promptly killed him when he accidentally fireballed it.
>>
File: mof.jpg (132KB, 858x583px) Image search: [Google]
mof.jpg
132KB, 858x583px
gee billy
TWO manuals of fighting?
>>
What does /rlg/ consider "fast" for a 3-runer and 15-runer?

How does one "go fast"?
>>
>>179737854
>you have 130 gold pieces.

Hope you worship Gozag Anon
>>
>>179737854
>2 books of fire and fen folios
Its a sign anon
>>
>>179738789
With the manual of fire too. What a ridiculous shop, on d4 no less
>>
File: file.png (39KB, 946x676px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
39KB, 946x676px
>Want to sacrifice at that altar, the stairs down lead to the mines
>Kill a gnome, drag him back
>"Nothing happens"
>He's already rotted apparently
YOU TEASE I WANTED A MILLION FAVOR
EVERY TIME I FIND AN ALTAR THATS ALIGNED WITH ME I LITERALLY NEVER SEE ANY ENEMIES EVER AGAIN
>>
>>179736345
DCSS summoners, I guess.
PCB necromancers are mostly summoners, largely because trying to finger monsters with their spells is not ideal when you have mage hp
Demon if you like meme games

>>179736676
ADoM necromancers are basically wizards with a slightly better skillset. Honestly they have no real reason to ever use the necromancy skill.
>>
>>179739242
just abuse scrolls and wands of monster summoning!
>>
>>179733027
you're overleveled and the final boss is a cutscene so literally does not really matter at all how strong you are

10 would have been enough, basically too much

have fun roflstomping everything with your battnel's near unlimited grass-fed mp meter and OHKO mixture magic from your overpowered rod
>>
Going to the city would be suicide, right? Where should I go now? I already explored the 3 houses and pizza parlor to the northwest.
>>
>>179737932
3-rune: less than 25k turns
15-rune: less than 50k turns

if you're a DD doing a real competitive speedrun then you need like less than 20k maybe less than 15k for 3-rune and less than 35k for 15-rune

in terms of time people have beaten 3 rune in less than 40 minutes and 15 rune in less than 2 hours.
>>
>>179740858
Do you have wander spawns on? I'm guessing no since you don't have the horde indicators, but maybe you're too far away.

Probably I would try to get to the hardware store to grab some tools, then go back around to those houses on the right side of the map and try to lure out easy zombies one by one. Obviously if there's something super dangerous or a giant horde or whatever then turn back.
>>
>the iron shot misses the X

Fine, fuck it, I'll get LCS next time.
>>
>>179740260
*shrug* I figured i'd run some junk runs to fuse monsters for the spells. Then i ran out of monsters to fuse, so i did Barong runs trying for Roches to get some of the rarer monsters. I ended up getting a pile of sands in the process, so i figured why not put them to use. Next thing i know, i'm roflstomping everything on floors 1-13 solo. It's good for monster economy, but it gets a bit tedious to grind each floor...

It's getting to the point that i'd need more bag space to store all the Barong loot. I guess if i wanted to make it a challenge i should break out the Dark-1 and the untrained Diamond and see if i can't evo some monsters while i'm at it.
>>
>>179742320
your spellpower is probably too low
>>
>>179742569
Had !brill quaffed.

Shot's accuracy cap wasn't high enough.
>>
>>179742880
well what were you trying to shoot anyway? it's kind of designed for big HP sponges like giants and dragons
>>
>>179725949
Neonazi's, when organized behave like skaven normally.
>>
>>179742320
doesnt lcs have worse accuracy?
use ood against dodgy shit
or just firestorm lmao
>>
>>179743006
Pan lord.

>>179743213
He was in my grill, so no OOD. It was my understanding that LCS has better accuracy.

It doesn't matter though, faulted thanks to making a bunch of other mistakes.
>>
File: head.png (145KB, 1131x727px) Image search: [Google]
head.png
145KB, 1131x727px
>that headshot chance
Guess no one's ever hit f with no targets in view.
>>
>>179743870
After looking it up, LCS only has +3 more to-hit than iron shot.

Not much of an improvement, I guess.
>>
>>179743918
I got a feeling somebody fucked up the shooting rewrite. As I hear a lot of complaints that everything is missing nowadays.

Of course, from what I saw of the PR, they made shooting code now so complex, normal coders can't touch it. ("It is simple, shooting skill is now on a inverse squared log scale, and you take the imaginary number of the distance, calculate the planetary alignments of the players and targets birth, etc").
>>
>>179743147
Isn't that just you eating a different flavor of shit? Where do you get your information and perceptions from? Movies shat out by Jewish media empires? Propaganda and cultural indicators on TV and in the newspapers and school system of all the things you're supposed to believe and think are politically correct?

But did you actually do any research or meet any people? Did you actually confirm any of the events that you're led to believe happened? Do you know anything other than what you're told and the pictures you're shown?
>>
>>179744754
Yep, turns out it is indeed bugged. Kevin done goofed. https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/21244

>>179745013
> Postmodern Skaven skittering
>>
File: Capture.png (3KB, 161x134px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3KB, 161x134px
>>179745013
How do you really know the people you talk to on the Internet are actual people and not hired disinformation agents for the Jewish media empires? How do I know you're not one of them trying to break my cover for liquidation?

How do you know the Internet as we know it (a free space for discourse) "really" exists? After all, you can't see it or touch it. Do you really expect Tim ((Berners))-Lee to tell the truth? Do you really expect the CEOs of Google, Microsoft, Apple, and various ISPs to tell you the truth? Who's the sheep here, me or you?

not fucking roguelikes retardo
>>
>>179746648
We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?
— Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7. Activity recorded M.Y. 2302.22467. (TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED)
>>
Is a DsNe worth it if I'm going to learn lich form? I ask because of the fact lich form can override some mutations and if it would be better going to another race.
I'm not going for 15 runes. I'm going to see how far I can do extended.
>>
>>179747162
Most of your mutations are actually not overrided in lich form

You get all the important ones and most of the basic effects sustained.
>>
>>179720860
Damn I remember somebody saying the odds of that spawning are astronomically low. You better win.
>>
>>179747965
I don't play that RL, what is the cool drop I should bee looking for.
>>
>>179746648
One thing we can all agree on is that only Ashkenazi Jews have the mental fortitude needed to develop a roguelike game. Goys are just not capable, so they are forever dependent on their betters to produce the roguelike games they play.
>>
>>179749320
No, a Jew would never develop something for free. Is Biskup a Jew? What about Darkgod? The CoQ dev?

Unless they develop roguelikes solely to decrease white birth rates! Oh no, everyone check your sperm counts! These alphabet games might be making us infertile!
>>
>>179745013
>>179746648
>>179749320
>>179750339
underage
>>
Now I'm wondering, has there ever been a RL that does lovecraftian horror right? So not the 'you hit the cthulhu, you kill the cthulhu, you hit the second cthulhu'. But the whole lovecraftian stick where interacting with elder gods leads to madness, and just seeing them can be bad for you.
>>
>>179750473
>m-muh social contract
>get a job you kids
why do the jews get 90% of the benifit from your labor goyim?
>>
>>179747162
>Starting as necromancer because lichform
this is a dumb plan and you do not understand the point of background choice
almost as dumb as the people who used to start as DD^Ar for pakellas instead of just being Fi/Gl
the Ne starting book does not have necromutation in it, and your staring book does not affect which level 8 spells you can cast lategame anyways. Might as well pick a better starting book like ice or fire. if you want guaranteed necromut, worship Sif or Kiku.
>>
>>179751938
Okey, you seem to be missing the obvious social queues here. Nobody is interacting with you because they want to have this conversation (that is why you have to make up bullshit strawmen greentexts about what people didn't say). Could you stop? People already mentioned before that this isn't related to roguelikes. go back to your containment board
>>
>>179748720
amulet of
>prevents summoning
note that this means ENEMY summon spells, not the player's
>>
File: 1485554274053.jpg (1MB, 1270x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1485554274053.jpg
1MB, 1270x1800px
>>179752728
I count two fatal mistakes in your post anon:
>feeds anon with the (you)s he desperately wants instead of just ignoring him
>misspells cues as "queues"
>>
>>179752815
OOOOOO that is cool.

>>179753018
english isn't my first language.
>>
>>179731661
>OgNe
>>
>>179750339
>implying Biskup and DG aren't jews
>>
>>179752728
>following social ques
get a load of this fucking casual
>>
>>179731661
If you're going in unspoiled, then "x" should be your best friend. Whenever you come across something new, use x to examine it. You can move through enemies with x= and move through items on the floor with x' (that's x apostrophe).

If you do that, then you'll likely be safer. Orc Priests, for instance, have their "Smiting" ability shown in the examine screen, where it's clear that it deals damage as long as the enemy can see you (well, to semi-spoil: they can't smite you behind clear walls, but it's unlikely you'll make too much use of that fact).

Beyond that, just be aware of your movement and the noise you make. Try not to walk into unknown areas if enemies are chasing you, since those new areas can be filled with more dangerous stuff. The player's line of sight is very important; it's worth knowing/remembering that enemies will (in general) just be asleep if no noise has been made on the level. If noise has been made (loud enough to wake them), then they'll just be wandering around. Any turns any enemy spends in your LOS, they might notice you (if your stealth score is low).

Other tips:

* Wizards are terrible and noob-bait. The Book of Minor Magic has maybe one or two decent spells, but it's designed to be oriented around the player running away. For the time being, since you're new, play any other mage background except Wizard.

* This is arguably more relevant for melee-ish combos, but do try to pick up the random missiles and launchers that you see. A hand crossbow deals a respectable amount of damage from range, which a melee character simply might not have. In the same sense, especially in 0.20, you shouldn't ignore wands: with just a little bit of Evocations training, they're quite good.
>>
>>179756189
magic dart is the best level 1 spell, fight me
>>
whos the fucking FAGGOT named penus leaving fucking bullshit fag ass ghosts fucking everywhere fucking nigger
>>
>>179757035
the air level 1 spell is better, bounces and penetrates
>>
>>179757794
yeah but it misses like 80% of the time
>>
>>179758301
uhh no?
retart...
>>
>midway thru game I re-arrange spells to be "more efficient"
>go to hit what used to be an offensive spell and is now blink and fucking die

every time
>>
>>179760996
Take a look at a common rcfile and use that to set default keybinds. Borg and ddoor on X instead of a lowecase letter are notable settings.
>>
>>179752815
It actually prevents the player's summons also

but that doesn't matter a bit, wear that mofo until endgame baby
>>
>>179760996
>not binding OoD to f1, blink to f2, C.Blink to f3, PoG to f4, and apport to f5 every single game
>>
File: swamp worm.jpg (129KB, 650x927px) Image search: [Google]
swamp worm.jpg
129KB, 650x927px
>>179752676
Is Necromutation even as good as it used to be?

It hasn't really changed at all, but the game has changed around it.

>can't sublimate chunks
>mutation system reworked
>no more Sif channeling
>>
>>179763850
you forgot to mention
>no wand or spell of haste
>no amulet of clarity
>>
What do I need to do to a shopping cart to make it rideable and use gasoline as fuel?
>>
>>179763850
post the rest. it's so funny how she dies
>>
https://youtu.be/fTYTbtkoZtM?t=60
>>
File: motorized-shopping-cart.jpg (40KB, 550x415px) Image search: [Google]
motorized-shopping-cart.jpg
40KB, 550x415px
>>179764013
>/diy/

It's out of the scope of this thread but basically you'll need to replace the bottom of the shopping cart with a drive train. You probably shouldn't think of it as a motorized shopping card, but more like a go-cart that has a shopping cart basket attached on top.
>>
why pixel dungeon doent get any love? is it too easy to be any good?
>>
>>179765479
i dont like how it looks
>>
GMS question: I have an object that is used just to render the game's surface with a shader applied to it, and it uses the Draw GUI event. But when I use draw gui elsewhere whatever is drawn does not have the shader applied to it. I think this is because the "shader" object is created prior to the other one, but when I try to draw the second object from the shader object (ie inside it's draw_gui event, before the surface is rendered) it just doesn't show up. Any ideas?
>>
>>179765632
/agdg/?
>>
File: showing useless.png (7KB, 744x114px) Image search: [Google]
showing useless.png
7KB, 744x114px
is this even worth it
>>
>>179764013
Install a second frame and all the necessary bits to make it drivable (engine, fuel tank, seat, controls, battery, some wheels, and you probably want an alternator and seat belt). You can replace the shopping cart basket with a trunk for more storage too.
>>
>>179765189
I-I was talking about Cataclysm vehicle construction...

This does sound cool though. I should visit /diy/ sometime.
>>
>>179765797
do you value those resistances more than 4ac?
in lair and orc and maybe lairbranches it's probably not worth it over a +2 hat
later on it will be
>>
>>179765797
>he hasn't heard of the Hat of the 15 Runes
>>
>>179765797
If you have to enable "show useless" to see it in search, doesn't that mean your character can't even wear it?
>>
>>179766505
it was a joke. i know it's really good, and i'm stoked i have it available on d:4.
>>
>>179766690
How does it feel to know that youve already won with 15 runes while only on d4? All the fun and mystery of that character is gone
>>
>>179765706
fuckin oops lol
>>
File: :).png (133KB, 1134x727px) Image search: [Google]
:).png
133KB, 1134x727px
>turn corner, shocker brute with a bunch of zombies
>run away, try to dodge between buildings but it keeps following
>pull out my handgun and shoot it
>does a worthless 30 damage in melee range
Had to go berserk, er, "use adrenaline" to smash it to death with my spear. Now to cower in this room until night and hope nobody finds me.
>>
will naga and centuar bindings ever be made interchangable? they are already pretty rare, they may as well just be made so
>>
>>179768276
your probably going to die soon
>>
>>179768619
Probably, but not to what you think. Only one fat zombie came when I was hiding in the store, but I bumbled into two zombie soldiers on the way back to base.

Apparently they are retard strong since I tried to trap them in a security van but they smashed through the armored door in like ten turns.
>>
File: low hp warning.png (140KB, 1134x728px) Image search: [Google]
low hp warning.png
140KB, 1134x728px
>>179769181
Problem sort of solved.
>>
damn. 3 +3 rings of protection on d:4? WHY
>>
bump

Why is it ALWAYS RAINING
>>
>>179626768
How'd Doan get into my /rlg/?
>>
Implement one balanced item of any kind into Crawl

>flask of chaos
>releases a 5x5 mutagenic cloud centered on the user, engulfing the user and all surrounding enemies in transformative chaos for 2d3 turns
>>
File: 1494996628841.png (195KB, 432x550px) Image search: [Google]
1494996628841.png
195KB, 432x550px
>>179772929
>tfw no more acid rain
I want my comfiest weather back.
>>
>>179772929
last world i spawned my evac centre was surrounded by rivers and swamps right outside the doors
>>
>nazi roguelike
>>
>>179775335
DCSS desu
>>
>>179750339
>>179749320

>only Jews are hyper-autistic enough to develop roguelikes
>no Jew would ever develop something for free
>be playing DCSS one day
>computer is going slow and lots of lag
>DCSS freezes up at times
>keep seeing advertisements for burgers and cuckold porn flash between turns
>"TRAPS AREN'T GAY"
>"BE A GOOD GOY"
>suddenly realize why I've fapped exclusively to tranny porn for the past 4 months
>seem to be immune to cuck porn brainwashing
>>
>>179775335
tfw you enter hitlers antarctic bunker and get nazi relics and you kill him in the last level
>>
>>179775439

Name: Dev

Scroll of genocide, apply on all features in DCSS
>>
>>179751761
IA dude.
You can hit dudes for a little while, but once you get deeper than D10 or so (there are 32 floors iirc), that quickly gets less and less advisable.
>>
>>179775737
haha jokes on them my anhedonia makes me immune to sexuality
>>
>21:26 <Postquell> YTcomUltraviolent4 the Pandemonic (L21 DDFi) worshipper of Makhleb, escaped with the Orb and 3 runes!, with 3603326 points after 18951 turns and 00:35:56. [CPO 0.21-a0]
T-take it easy.
>>
>>179774874
>Acid rain
>Comfy
What? How?
>>
File: Jun14-214112.png (343KB, 1920x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Jun14-214112.png
343KB, 1920x1035px
>tfw shuffle time
>>
>>179777042
It was the only weather where you were actually compelled to stay indoors.

Regular rain is pretty comfy too if you use an umbrella, but not as comfy as snuggling up in bed for the day and reading a good book as the mutated hellspawn of the wasteland are melted alive in your backyard.
>>
>>179777309
Hopefully weather is redone at some point, since most of it is identical in all but name, like the four types of rain and the snow that does nothing.
>>
File: file.png (7KB, 377x221px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
7KB, 377x221px
Please stop giving me these.
>>
>>179778590
I haven't paid attention to DDA development in awhile, but it seems like the game itself has become less comfy.
>>
>>179779258
>no wands of balling, fouling, or walking

sick, just sick
>>
File: Jun14-225026.png (255KB, 1920x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Jun14-225026.png
255KB, 1920x1035px
I don't think I'm nearly ready for J yet though.
Have only like 3 Healing and 5 *Healing*.
17+10 speed is also pretty smack-in-the-middle of double-turn town.
>>
A few questions about Cataclysm, does noise in a basement alert zombies aboveground? Does noise spawn zombies in the recent experimentals? Should I be very worried about noise?
>>
>>179783393
you should be fine in basements
>>
>>179783393
These depend on your settings.
>>
>>179781918
What are you playing as?
>>
What's the closest to a comfy roguelike?
Farming in Elona is nice and all, especially with the background sounds in towns and during storms, but it doesn't quite get there.
>>
>>179786682
As a comfy roguelike connoisseur, I can tell you that DDA is apex cozy.
>>
>>179785210
Sexy Jelly.
Very fun melee character, I recommend trying it.
>>
File: lcs.png (83KB, 736x466px) Image search: [Google]
lcs.png
83KB, 736x466px
what should I go for, /rlg/?
>>
>Try making a bow hunter in CDDA
>Carbon-fibre arrows break on impact
>Make fire-hardened wood arrows
>Go hunting
>Max hit chance on a dog 5 meters away is ~20%
>Hit arrows only do 6 damage
I thought this was supposed to be the outdoor hunting profession.
>>
>>179788510
The macintosh coming out was certainly pretty tramautic, yeah.

Not a roguelike though.
>>
>>179788510
>+50 juice
>maps
E is obviousuly most cozy.
>>
>>179788720
I think they broke shooting, bows are basically useless now
>>
>>179788720
Bows were OP years ago, they got nerfed HARD.
You want a crossbow, they haven't been nerfed to the ground yet.
>>
>>179790447
the nerfs were mostly in the startup costs in terms of how much skill and how many fucking books you need, no?

although i think bows also got fucked when they decided to make it take 10 minutes to switch weapons
>>
>>179790506
>the nerfs were mostly in the startup costs in terms of how much skill and how many fucking books you need, no?
No, they reworked the whole shooting system to make ranged with bows less effective, fucked up badly and didn't even bother to fix it.
Also yes the 10 minutes to switch weapon really hit the whole "use an arrow from your inventory slot or quiver" hard until coolthulu fixed that one to relatively sane levels

but yeah you don't want to fuck around with bows anymore, only crossbows are worth shit and even then you're better off with a pneumatic assault rifle filled with lead bearings
>>
well it was intentionally nerfed with the whole "you need a billion different recipe books" thing

then much later on, it was unintentionally nerfed even harder into the ground by the shooting rework
>>
>>179790814
I think the biggest nerf was the much needed blowgun removal
that thing's code was so fucked it was hardcoded to give max archery experience as if shooting a reflex recurve bow and scoring headshots every time just by shooting darts
made from a two by four with a knife at a rate of 10 darts per two by four
at a wall
but at least that was a good nerf
>>
>another humiliating DCSS defeat

Playing as Draconian Earth Elementalist. I can clear D1-15, Lair, and Orc but enemies get to powerful anywhere else.

What am I doing wrong? How do you clear Rune branches? I just can't seem to figure this out. Do I just spend a lot of time kiting things?
>>
>>179790942
or rather,
why is it impossible to just set up a target and shoot it from an appropriate distance to get xp
it would actually be realistic too

people wouldn't need to abuse blowguns if simple features like that were added
>>
>>179791320
>why is it impossible to just set up a target and shoot it from an appropriate distance to get xp
DDA's codebase is made of amateurs that don't know how to code
DDA's code is a fucking hot garbage mess
you figure out the rest
>>
BROGUE IS BULLSHIT
R
O
G
U
E

I
S

B
U
L
L
S
H
I
T
>>
File: brogue.gif (212KB, 274x186px) Image search: [Google]
brogue.gif
212KB, 274x186px
>>179791859
>>
In Caves of Qud does anyone have any idea whether Electromagnetic Pulse disables your own artifacts too?
>>
>>179792125
I think that's a vault, you don't fuck with those if you don't have good tools.

But yeah Brogue is a bad game
>>
Died to a snake today lads.
>>
>>179793045
I really don't think so, though I didn't play in a long time (waiting for the game to get new content and rebalancing so it'll feel truly fresh).
>>
>>179791282
>Do I just spend a lot of time kiting things?

Basically, yeah. Mages in Crawl are extremely scummy and boring, so kiting is the bread and butter tactic.
>>
>>179798693

What characters AREN'T scummy and boring anon? I've played as combat-oriented tank characters as well and those don't require strategy at all. It's just kill easy monsters > kill harder monsters.

Tbh earth elementalist and enchanter roles have felt like they require more strategy than characters that use weapons.

I thought roguelikes were supposed to be "intellectually stimulating" and require thought, but it seems like crawl is just a test of how long it takes you to get bored of kiting and then die from your lack of patience or cockiness.

I'm not trying to shit all over crawl I just can't understand how to have fun with it and not just grind/kite/scum. When I start a new type of character I haven't played before its fun because I have to figure out how to play it, but it always turns into shit after a certain point.

Are there any roguelikes that aren't like this? How do I play crawl where it actually requires strategy and not just tedious grind fest?
>>
>>179799218
I mean, I don't disagree with you.

The fun of using mages for the first time is thinking about how to make them work. It's only after a long struggle that you come to the dreadful conclusion: you have to be scummy as FUCK in order to approach situations carefully and improve your survival odds.

And then you realize that the devs think that mages are "fun" because they're always two turns away from dying due to their flimsiness. Yay.
>>
>>179799906

What do you play to make the game fun though? Are all roguelikes like this? I like the game it just gets shitty halfway through.
>>
File: Mzs20lk.png (13KB, 437x74px) Image search: [Google]
Mzs20lk.png
13KB, 437x74px
which one
im in lair and oka has been amazing to me
>>
>>179800496

>curare brand

Holy shit that's rare senpai. Try both out, vampiricism is good but curare is likely better I think.
>>
>>179800496
>snakebite
Heh, thats your 3rune right there, use that one in lair, fuck everything else
>>
>>179799218
>Are there any roguelikes that aren't like this? How do I play crawl where it actually requires strategy and not just tedious grind fest?
Brogue.
Sometimes the winning strategy doesn't exists, but it gives you that feeling most of the time.
>>
File: Jun15-062002.png (141KB, 1386x857px) Image search: [Google]
Jun15-062002.png
141KB, 1386x857px
Finally won Kiku, Vp, and En.
Only Gnolls, Artificers, Warpers, and Wizards left now.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (356KB, 1919x936px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
356KB, 1919x936px
Just when I was thinking "I never get to play a ranged character"
>>
>>179801721
Time to abandon Sif Mama.
>>
>>179801721
KRISHNAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (12KB, 567x220px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
12KB, 567x220px
this bow is pretty fucking strong
>>
>>179801403
Nice, anon.
>>
>>179801768
no way I'm putting literally every remaining point into int and going to see how far I can push Sif's MP support after the new changes
>>
>>179801932
retart
>>
Does upgrading INT, STR, DEX even matter? I never notice any effect desu.
>>
File: 1444328334501.png (2MB, 3029x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1444328334501.png
2MB, 3029x2400px
>>179791859
>>179792125

>tfw i still have the /rlg/ OP pic containing my first brogue win

ah, feels good bros
>>
>>179802184
In DCSS? Yeah.
Str for melee/ranged damage and wearing heavy armour. Also helps with escaping nets and breaking constriction iirc.
Int for more spell power/better cast success rate/lower spell hunger.
Dex for better accuracy, EV, and stealth.
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (277KB, 1919x940px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
277KB, 1919x940px
lol ez gaem

good thing I'm gonna die in the megazigg
>>
>>179802424
Escaping nets and constriction is a combination of str and dex
>>
>>179802057
as a Ds your build is sometimes designated by your muts
>>
>>179802493
Nice . . . . . . piety.
>>
>>179802424

I know but it doesn't seem to have any real effect when I upgrade them. Will I not notice until near end game?
>>
>>179788720
They broke ranged weapon accuracy.
>>
>>179802251
That's nice, anon.

Now I feel bad tho. I lost years of /rlg/ lore when my HDD failed, and now the archive is no more.
>>
>>179802609
INT is very important for spellcasters, STR and DEX are more subtle and incremental in their effects
>>
>>179802251
I now remember why I stopped making win collages like this.
>>
>>179802993

why? that shit added a nice feel to /rlg/
>>
>>179802657
Not only did they break ranged accurracy, kevin is denying it, because he doesn't even play CDDA. https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/21244
>> From my current testing/play of the new system, I'd say what feels "wrong" to me is that skill levels seem to not have as big an impact as one would hope.
> They do have an effect on accuracy, it's just that now it's only really visible near level 10, with great equipment and high perception.

It has as bout as much effect as pissing in the sea makes the sea level rise...
>>
File: hilarious.png (37KB, 908x673px) Image search: [Google]
hilarious.png
37KB, 908x673px
Yeah, fuck you, you elegant cunt.
>>
>>179803108
>Basically I was looking into addressing #20414 and discovered the existence of #17962, #18020 and #19019, which took dispersion management in a direction I had explicitly stated was unwelcome in #17712 and #17656, but were merged while I was away on paternity leave.
>literally everyone likes this change
>but it was done without my permission as Boss of This Repo, so lets undo it all and make it shit again
What a loser.
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (271KB, 1919x933px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.png
271KB, 1919x933px
probably one of the worst stair ambushes I've ever seen
>>
>>179804254
What happened to mugling? Did he quit over this?
>>
>>179804254
Kevin is a massive cumgargling faggot, more news as we get it.
>>
>>179804254

Roguelike devs are so fucking neurotic. Maybe all indie game devs are like that though, on top of that you mus be very autistic to devote so much time to a very small niche like roguelikes.

Still though, if devs are such shit it must be easy to compete just by being an okay one.
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (142KB, 1919x931px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
142KB, 1919x931px
always acquire armor
>>
>you feel monstrous
>ctrl+q
>>
File: Screenshot_6.png (53KB, 1025x786px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.png
53KB, 1025x786px
all this fucking OP gear

this run is so easy it's almost boring
>>
>>179808170
I think of monstrous demonspawn as literal (figurative) double minotaurs
>>
>>179803108
It is
LITERALLY
as simple as just making a Bionic Sniper and seeing that despite all the accuracy-boosting mods and CBMs and high ranged skills you start with, you're still not breaking 50% hit chance unless the target's within 10 meters.
>>
WHY IS THIS ALLOWED
>>
>>179811381
it's broken you fucking idiot read the thread
>>
>>179811381
Post stats.
>>
>>179811381
Yeah, I have no idea why using those dcss-tier symbols instead of the number option is allowed.
>>
File: stats.png (12KB, 215x500px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
12KB, 215x500px
>>179813072
>>
>>179802251
I didn't know IVAN was winnable
>>
>>179813849
How is it aiming at a regular sized creature? My current character has 2 Arch and 4 Marks and hits things fairly often, sans small targets. I'm also using a standard crossbow and bone bolts, which seem to help a bit. I'll post my shit when I'm back at my computer.
>>
>>179802993
Why? They were neat.

Speaking of collages, does anyone have the ASSGUTTERED one?
>>
>>179814517
That's not even a *truewin*. It's a knighthood win I raked in in 5.0.4.
>>
File: how2fish.png (154KB, 1132x727px) Image search: [Google]
how2fish.png
154KB, 1132x727px
>>179811381
I'm guessing the makeshift crossbow is not very good, since even my zero skill guy has a tiny chance of headshotting a fish with a normal one.
>>
>>179816138
>16% keys
Did that fish swallow a pair of keys
>>
File: 1430178814387.png (193KB, 1975x1488px) Image search: [Google]
1430178814387.png
193KB, 1975x1488px
>>179814517
like nethack IVAN is actually pretty easy if you know what you're doing
there's even different kinds of wins
>>
File: 1400290246148.jpg (63KB, 389x326px) Image search: [Google]
1400290246148.jpg
63KB, 389x326px
So what's the "hardest" roguelike? Feel free to add qualifiers and break that down however you want.
>>
>>179817506
Well, nobody has ever won frozen depths.
>>
Remember when you could actually pick up corpses so you could safely scout out a new floor with some animated minions to back you up?
>>
>>179817932
remember when you could actually pick up corpses so that you could close doors when you killed a dude instead of having to butcher them and hope they don't drop a skeleton effectively making it impossible to close the door unless you wait several hundred turns in order for the bones to decay
>>
>>179817932
remember when zombies lasted forever and would follow you up and down stairs
>>
>>179817506
>>179817858

tell me more about "impossibru" roguelikes

i am king masochism
>>
>>179818723
oh, that's about it
roguelikes aren't really that hard after you understand how they work
hell the only reason nobody won frozen was because few people played it
>>
>dc:ss is easy and sjw
>c:dda is easy, sjw and there's no point
>ivan has no point
>unreal world is easy and has no point
>infra arcana is easy and short
>doomrl is easy, short and a meme game
>tome4 is just plain shit
okay
these are what i've played so far
now what
are there any roguelikes with stats that actually matter? i'm really fucking tired of these three-four simple stats.
>>
File: EXTREMELY OUTDATED MuMofesto.png (3MB, 988x4967px) Image search: [Google]
EXTREMELY OUTDATED MuMofesto.png
3MB, 988x4967px
>>179818723
>i am king masochism
I don't think you truly understand the meaning of those words, anon.
>>
>>179819204

dude i did the putin challenge in stalker, don't tempt me
>>
File: Screenshot_7.png (51KB, 826x758px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.png
51KB, 826x758px
You know sometimes Elf just doesn't have anything good.

This is not one of those times.
>>
File: 1460525399486.jpg (194KB, 802x862px) Image search: [Google]
1460525399486.jpg
194KB, 802x862px
>>179819603
looks like we've got ourselves a serial ascender lads
by all means, your grace, I do intent to tempt you
>>
File: iwannabethethonk.png (470B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
iwannabethethonk.png
470B, 32x32px
>>179819204
>people have actually completed this challenge
Do these living legends look down upon us still?
>>
>>179811381
>this clusterfuck of information and controls
Bring back the comfy you sons of bitches
>>
>>179819030
did you try Sil
>>
>>179819879
well sure
at least implo posts around here
and gomen won like three weeks ago or something so I'd be pretty weirded out if he didn't
and I won three days ago so it's pretty much safe to say that more than half of the winners do look at eye level
>>
>>179820082
How terrible was it?
>>
File: brogue.png (33KB, 807x478px) Image search: [Google]
brogue.png
33KB, 807x478px
>>179791859
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>179819030
P O Z
O
Z
>>
>>179820332
Oh, it's pretty horrible. It took me a year to win it each time. You need to know what you're doing and know your crawl, not to mention be able to think strategically, which is a thing that isn't the moot point of crawl anymore.
You need a lot of experience and a lot of time to win mumo.

Hell, the creator of the challenge hasn't beat it yet!
>>
>>179820004
yes
i might play it again
but the stats don't matter. there's nothing with more than 3-4 stats? jeez
>>
>>179820795
stats in sil matter a lot in the sense that equipment that gives you +1 to one is strong and really noticeable
but you aren't gonna be raising them too often

seriously play poschengband
>>
File: Untitled3.png (170KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled3.png
170KB, 500x472px
>>179820962
is that the meme game where you can fight dio
pic related
>>
File: Jap tells it like it is.png (720KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Jap tells it like it is.png
720KB, 1440x900px
>>179819030
>ivan has no point
Roguelikes have no point in general. We play them because they're fun.
>>179820962
but poscheng is easy if you play the meme combos.
It's just that getting doubleturned by random endgame uniques is super annoying.
>>
>>179820795
ADoM has a bunch of stats, but it's only hard in the nethack sense of "you might randomly die to some things if you don't know what not to do" or pick the absolute worst of characters.
>>
>>179800474
Crawl is especially bad because it's fun as long as you're new and don't have a clue what the correct, non-fun strategy is. There's no way to make Crawl fun, because ultimately you'll want to win the game and the behaviors that make you more likely to win are tedious.

Play NetHack instead. There, you have more fun the more capable you are, because it's actually an RPG where you can make your character more powerful and enjoy a benefit from doing so.
>>
>>179821208
i want to have fun and have a goal at the same time. ivan doesn't allow that
unreal world doesn't allow that, cdda doesn't allow that
>>
>>179821112
Okay anon
you gotta promise me one thing and one thing only
you're never going to post that again here
>>
I found a second ring of wizardry, and the wiki page says it stacks but with diminished returns.

Would it be worth it to wear both, instead of just one wizardry and one +2 int ring?
>>
>>179819030
>>179820795
>muh stats
really nigga
>>
>>179821319
Then have you perhaps started wondering if roguelikes are the right genre for you?
>>
File: Untitled4.png (514KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled4.png
514KB, 720x720px
>>179821335
why?
how about this one
>>
>>179821494
can't think of any rl's that don't have an end goal other than those
maybe elona which isn't a roguelike anyway
>>
>>179821319
maybe you should play Elona+ Inferno mode
>>
>>179821389
just look at your got damn fail rates anon, decide for yourself
>>
>>179821720
yeah that's kinda one of the specifics when it comes to roguelikes
they tend to have a win condition
games that don't are in general sandbox games a-la dorf fort where people eventually get bored and retire their fort
>>
>>179821816
okay i will thanks
does it have any jojo memes though? cause that's a dealbreaker
>>
>>179821887
I splatted after I asked
>>
File: 1496403423635.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1496403423635.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>179821259
not the guy you were quoting, but I kinda was thinking about getting into nethack. There are so many versions and variants though, I don't know where to begin. Any suggestions? Should I start off with one of the slashem variants? use vulture, standard tiles, or ascii?
>>
>>179822297
https://junethack.net/
>>
>>179822181
it probably has one somewhere though I'm not sure why it matters
>>
>>179822245
as is tradition
>>
>>179822181
it has other japanese memes
and im pretty sure it was weapons that stop time, not sure how jojo they are tho
>>
>>179822297
My personal opinion is that there aren't any good tilesets for NetHack or its variants, but most of the ASCII fonts are good. Nethack 4 has a good interface, showing lots of information and preventing stupid bullshit like Stormbringer auto-attacking storekeepers.

Most of the slashem variants are designed for people who got bored of vanilla NH and are looking for a challenge, so they aren't appropriate for new players.
>>
>>179823226
Yep, as it turns out Azure Jellies hit so much harder than I was expecting. I got 2-turned by a single one.

I'm not sure why I opened that door to the Slime Pits.
>>
>>179823543
I bet you didnt have any rC
>>
>>179823892
Looking at the morgue I had none. Also looking at the wiki page and seeing that they can do more damage than I had HP is very surprising.
>>
>>179824334
Azure jellies are one of the worst, imagine ice beast but on steroids
>>
>>179822542
I.....what? I'm not gonna bother with a tournament for a spoiler heavy game that I haven't even tried yet. Also I live in a wasteland where the only isp is coal powered, so I tend no to participate in tournaments.

>>179823304
Ok, I'll give 4 a shot (tiles don't look TERRIBLE from the screenshots, but maybe I'll just learn on ascii to make it easier for me down the road. Expanded terminal interface looks pretty good)
>>
>>179824334
the important thing is that you've learned

at least we hope you did
>>
>>179824979
Well I feel pretty stupid now actually.

I actually had some armor that provided rC++ that I wasn't using in favor of Steam Dragon scales. If I had equipped that assuming those did cold damage I would have been fine it seems.

Theres always next time though.
>>
File: Screenshot_8.png (441KB, 1919x936px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_8.png
441KB, 1919x936px
>tfw giving bullies a taste of their own medicine
>>
>>179825613
You are the bully, beating up all those weaklings for their lunch money.
>>
I keep hearing of runes and such, also seeing guns and other things. What games are these..? I'm looking for another one because ADOM and Nethack are kind of pissing me off. I read the OP and I just see a bunch of names and not really "this is good/bad"
>>
>>179819030
What's wrong with tome?
>>
>>179827743
>runes
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, also known as DCSS or just Crawl.

>guns
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead is the FoTY for this kind of stuff, although a lot of /rlg/ either ignores or just doesn't care about it. Guns might very occasionally be used in reference to DoomRL (or whatever name it goes by nowadays).
>>
>>179825613
What's the best stat to put points into for archery? str or dex?
>>
>>179828540
Dex for Bows and Slings and Str for Crossbows and Throwing

It's generally a good idea to get both to 14 or so before dumping points into one or the other.

My strength isn't actually that high though, I just found some magic gloves and stuff.
>>
File: JUDGEMENTDESU.png (102KB, 1280x769px) Image search: [Google]
JUDGEMENTDESU.png
102KB, 1280x769px
>>179828318
>/rlg/ either ignores or just doesn't care about it.

Yeah, this saddens me. I love cata stories, and try to answer questions and shit when I can, but I go through phases of being burnt out on it from time to time. I would love to see more cata posts from nagas out there. Usually funny stories or discussion of new mechanics are the things that get me to pick cata back up again
>>
>>179828982
For someone who hasn't played it but is very interested in trying it, where should I start?
>>
>>179688675
At 0.10 and older he was absolutely deadly.
>>
>>179828318
>>179828982
>a lot of /rlg/ either ignores or just doesn't care about it

Cata and DDA have been around for years now. Most of us have long since seen everything there is to see about it.

When /rlg/ gets all autistic and excited about a new FOTM, it's because most of us haven't played it. We've all played Cata to death ages ago and therefore don't really give a shit about it except to joke about the development process. Sorry m8.
>>
>>179829378
Download the game and start splatting faggot
>>
>>179829378
if you don't mind doing a little bit of reading, I'd give the pastabin a glance. While it is a bit out of date, a lot of the information is still pretty relevant. If you've played other roguelikes before, you might be able to just get your hands dirty and not read to much. I can lay out some basics though.

- Run an evac survivor to start in character creation. The pastebin has a decent guide on what perks to pick etc. Basically, to put points into stats first, then perks/skills.

- Once you're in the evac shelter, grab everything of use you can. (e)xamine the lockers to see if you can find a gas mask. peek out the windows with e and see if you can find a rock outside. Go grab it. Start smashing shit to get materials. Smash the lockers to make a makeshift crowbar (crafting menu is '&'). Tear down curtains and use 'B' over them to cut them up into rags for clothes crafting.
>>
>>179829772
It doesn't help that the cata devs are bad at seeing what improves the game, have a realism is more important than fun boner. And are almost hostile towards people who code slightly worse than they do.
>>
I'd never play cata, but I like the talk about it as background noise. Comfy stories and such. Hearing about the crazy things people do in that game.
>>
>>179829378
>>179830146

-Try to raid small towns for supplies, like a backpack, meds, etc. Some people swear by night time raiding, but thats not as viable as it used to be. I still prefer it, personally. Sporting good stores are decent targets, as are hardware stores and grocery stores. Try to find a shopping cart to drop stuff in. Try to use common sense. Don't touch malls, hardware megastores, or other high traffic places, until you feel more comfortable. Either make yourself a knifespear, or make yourself a cudgle if you've take the eskrima (melee weapon training) perk. Kite kite kite. If you trade blows, you'll get fucked eventually, and an infected bite wound can splat a otherwise promising character. If the name of a monster on the side bar is bold red and looks like .:/{[SUPER DUPER MEGA ZOMBIE BRUTE SOLDIER]}\:. walk the fuck away. It'll probably mulch you.
>>
File: shieldzerker.png (490KB, 1594x959px) Image search: [Google]
shieldzerker.png
490KB, 1594x959px
I know I won't want this weapon forever, but I don't want to break it. It's taken me from D:7 through the lair and orcish mines.
I don't know what to do now, because I've only gotten this far a few times.
Do I go clear the rest of the dungeon then go fight the lair branches? I got swamp and spider's nest.
>>
>>179830761
Turn off wander spawns and npc, and look at the 'evolution; rating. might want to reduce it for your first play. (it makes monsters evolve over time).
>>
>>179831191
that weapon is a +3 whip anon
artifacts are not automatically better than non-artifacts
you could get a better weapon by picking a random dire flail off the ground
>>
File: Screenshot_9.png (92KB, 378x563px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_9.png
92KB, 378x563px
WHEW
>>
File: Screenshot_10.png (57KB, 999x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_10.png
57KB, 999x854px
these kinds of choices aren't really fun you know
>>
>>179832367
the fuck are you doing wearing mpregen over Shielding nigga
>>
>>179829378
Make sure to get the experimental, the stable version is literally over two years behind at this point.

>>179831365
>evolution; rating. might want to reduce it for your first play
Note that you reduce it by making the number bigger (except for zero) because who knows.

Though it's unlikely to matter much, your first character will die long before zombie evolution is an issue.
>>
>>179832882
Ow the evolution rating going the wrong way compared to other ratings. Forgot about that, even when I complained about that and iirc got the text changed.
>>
>>179832867
I wanted to wear ID it so that my character would stop picking up junk amulets when walking over dead enemies
>>
File: Screenshot_11.png (73KB, 1919x937px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_11.png
73KB, 1919x937px
I don't think I remember what this one is like
>>
>>179831402
I got a good eveningstar from trog, but then I died YASD.
>>
File: Screenshot_13.png (193KB, 1919x937px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_13.png
193KB, 1919x937px
what is this garbage
>>
Any branches with lava orcs or djinni in them?
>>
>trying to play cata
>have no idea what im doing
>try to press enter to get a skill, thats what ive been doing everything else
>doesnt work
>check ?
>tells me nothing
How the fuck why is everything so complicated
>>
>>179836330
what happens if you wield this and cast that new charm that drains 100% of your mana
>>
>>179836531
Depends on whether it takes a fixed amount each cast of each spell level or a % of mana used.
>>
>>179836845
it costs 1 hp for each 1 mp you spend
cast firestorm and you take 9 damage
>>
>>179836496
'Tab' and '<' and '>' do a lot
>>
>>179836531
>new charm that drains 100% of your mana
u wot m8?
>>
>>179837373
I have been, I got my traits and junk down, but when I wanted to add shotgun as a skill nothing would happen.
>>
>>179837921
keypad left and right? Do you have spare skillpoints?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (206KB, 1828x986px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
206KB, 1828x986px
F
A
I
R
>>
>>179838651
Just discovered molten gargoyles can throw fireballs, and can do this for more than my max hp in one turn.... fault.
>>
>>179838651
Did you get out of there?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (164KB, 1829x985px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
164KB, 1829x985px
>>179838834
Somehow.
>>
>>179838816
>rF-

fault
>>
I've gotten a decent amount of wins, but I cannot play blaster caster for shit.

I can only win magic users with summons, because they're so MP efficient, or transmutations but any conjurations focused playstyle is just too tiring, there's just too much kiting and resting.

Is there a decent babbymode blaster caster combo that doesn't have no HP like deep elf, tengu or kobold? Any general tips?
>>
File: 1307567861560.png (98KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1307567861560.png
98KB, 320x320px
>>179838651
It took me a second to read the log and for it to sink in, then my coffee went all over my keyboard.

>interesting
>tactical
>situations
>>
>>179839620
>beefy blaster caster
naga/ogre/drac
probably pick FE -- IE is considered the strongest book but a lot of that is due to ozo and icebeasts which isn't the playstyle you want
veh gives you mana so he's the otabbiest blaster caster god
>>
>>179839620
De w/DD can soak up more punishment than any other species in the game

In fact De w/Lichform usually has more HP in general because no Torment

Just train necro
>>
>>179840154
Never picked FE before, might be fun to get ignition running. I think I'll probably try OgFE.
>>
>>179839620
Ogre of Ashenzari is fun once you get it off the ground.

>massive spellcasting apt syncs well with Ash's general skill boost since she'll jack up every magic skill except spellcasting
>high fighting apt means you'll have plenty of HP to sublimate from for extra MP
>wealth of spell slots plus the general skill boost means you'll have access to a large kit of spells
>>
>>179840321
are you implying that only elvs can read the necronomicon
any race can cast those two spells

>>179840530
>Never picked FE before
>>
>>179838225
Okay, yes that worked. But I was able to use enter for basically everything else though
>>
>>179839556
Nope just 52 hp max.
>>
>>179840803
Yeah it is a bug. But as for some reason the policy on CDDA bugs is now 'it you mention them, but don't fix them, we just close the issue and pretend it doesn't happen.' Fuckit.
>>
File: file.png (40KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
40KB, 640x384px
>>179841457
The simpliest actions are so satisfying. I'm a broken ass robot who can hardly carry more than 2 VOL. She scuttles over to a nearby building, cracking the window and blindly looking around cold. Then she pulls on a shelf out of exhaustion (because i thought grab meant pick up haha), using a flashlight that rolled onto the floor for light
Fuck I need to learn the controls, i keep tabbing into ? to do it but man this is just gonna take experience.
>>
File: crawl_2017-06-15_17-37-04.png (58KB, 1846x1029px) Image search: [Google]
crawl_2017-06-15_17-37-04.png
58KB, 1846x1029px
Is there anything I can do against Death Yaks besides running as a caster?

List of spells I have from books/Vehemut. Started as Earth mage. I also have a wand of confusion but not sure how effective that would be against their MR.
>>
>>179842914
Isolate 1-2, LRD them as they come to you, stone arrow if they're almost dead and within the range, go up a staircase and repeat until they're all dead.
>>
>>179842914
Fulminant prism can take down packs, but it can be tricky. You'll still need to be able to kite them.

It's usually better to just run and come back later when you have some bolt spells.
>>
>>179842914
train stealth
throw stones from max LOS range to try and aggro only 1-2 at a time and pull them away from their pack
>>
why is acquirement for M&F so horrible
i have 18 skill and a scroll gave me a rapier and oka keeps gifting me +2 maces of protection
im going back to axes
>>
>>179843148
>>179843323
>>179843483
Yea I figured my best bet was to try to isolate them. I managed to pull one to the previous level and just left it there. The other 2 were guarding the entrance to the Lair and I managed to get around them.

I'll keep this in mind.
>>
>playing Qud
>go down stairs
>game briefly loads
>still on same floor
>attempt stairs again
>12+ enemies
>run up stairs
>no one follows me up
>combat log scrolling showing damage
>hit ALT
>no enemies in sight
>pop salve and evoke feet
>"You die"
time to uninstall
>>
>>179843673
And splatted. I got to start treating everything like I just met Sigmund on level 2 if I want to actually get past Lair.
>>
>>179842914
Speaking of death yaks, who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have some guard the lair entrance.
>>
>>179845242
just evoke feet and lead them away dood
>>
>>179845894
That's what I did, but fuck. Stupid fucking yaks.
>>
>>179844703
enemies standing on the staircase below you can hit you from there
>>
>>179838651
Should've put more points into Traps & Doors, anon
>>
Flavor of the month is
>>
File: xom.png (215KB, 1184x896px) Image search: [Google]
xom.png
215KB, 1184x896px
>>179847067
LET FATE DECIDE
>>
>>179848603
so aliensrl?
>>
>>179848786
Fire it up and post a trip report, lad.
>>
>>179848603
HEAVEN OR HELL
LET'S ROCK
>>
File: >you didn't do it.jpg (34KB, 359x431px) Image search: [Google]
>you didn't do it.jpg
34KB, 359x431px
>>179849320
scratch that, rerollan
>>
>>179840613
>any race can cast those two spells
mummies can't
>>
>>179848603
eh
>>
File: pacha.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pacha.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>179849531
Wew. FIN is pretty solid. I hadn't even heard of it until now.
I love the shrine mechanic and how you start with a variety of gear to pick and choose.
>>
File: Screenshot_14.png (325KB, 446x451px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_14.png
325KB, 446x451px
>>179850851
it says I have to post my deaths guys

also wtf is this captcha
>>
File: 1488180012945.jpg (26KB, 230x240px) Image search: [Google]
1488180012945.jpg
26KB, 230x240px
>>179850851
l-lewd
>>
File: FIN1.png (88KB, 1317x751px) Image search: [Google]
FIN1.png
88KB, 1317x751px
F
>>
>>179851021
Select all vehicles and/or street signs.

Really just select 3 boxes at random because it's not like you'll do better if you earnestly try.
>>
>>179849320
GG IS SHIT
>>
>>179848603
Guess I'll give it a roll.
>>
File: summon.png (11KB, 711x360px) Image search: [Google]
summon.png
11KB, 711x360px
Does this thing have any use, or is it only a trap for use-ID'ers?
>>
>>179857826
well you can kill the summoned shit for xp and item drops

was more useful back when you could go to a level 555 area on the world map and zap that to get level-1-tier enemies (and then kill them for level 555 loot)
>>
I've probably played 500+ games of DCSS and never won

The farthest i've got was with a MiBe and i died to a hell knight

What the hell am i doing wrong?
>>
>>179862870
probably loads of things but arelgee can't point out what you're doing wrong when they don't even know what you're doing,
>>
>>179862870
Go slow. Examine things that are new to you.

While you can't completely ignore defense, in Crawl (and many other roguelikes), offense is one of the greatest defenses you can have. Investing heavily in your offense will probably keep you more alive than equally investing in both offense and Fighting/Dodging/Armour.
>>
File: jeb!.jpg (58KB, 662x800px) Image search: [Google]
jeb!.jpg
58KB, 662x800px
>>179863176
>Go slow.
this

slow and steady
>>
>>179627537
fighter
>>
File: file.png (23KB, 944x520px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
23KB, 944x520px
>Start the game
>walk a few feet
>Find a wand
>zap it
>WHAT DO YOU WISH FOR
>OH FUCK
>GO TO THE WIKI BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA
>NOW I HAVE A BLESSED GREASED +2 SILVER SCALE MAIL
SHIT FUCK IM TERRIFIED NOW
>>
>>179862870
>determine what actually killed you last time
>don't put yourself in that situation again
It's a really easy game, especially with MiBe. You just have to learn the most correct/boring way to play it.
>>
File: good bye magic marker.png (45KB, 1058x578px) Image search: [Google]
good bye magic marker.png
45KB, 1058x578px
If something bad happens tomorrow, don't believe the media when they say it was because of my deranged political beliefs. This was why.
>>
>>179863808
dont worry it won't protect you from many of the typical things that newbies die to early but early wish from wand or quaffing fountains (don't do this) are sweet
>>
>>179864404
The farthest I've gotten to is minetown, but I understand usually what not to eat, to drink, or to do in general.. I'm just scared because this is a pretty fantastic boon early on. Im just scared of like water moccassins, or that eye that stuns you forever and then you die.
>>
>played tome4 so many times that the static dungeon progression is too tedious
>can't be bothered to immerse myself back into DDA
>all the other roguelikes are shit
>forced to play crappy roguelites that I can't even talk about with rlg-kun
wake me up
>>
>>179864806
>kun
rlg-sama to you
>>
>>179864806
i never liked tome it is just boring for me
>>
>>179864552
don't hit the fugging eye
>>
>>179865118
g-gomen

>>179865179
I didn't like it much at first, but eventually it clicked with me and it became my favorite roguelike
>>
>>179865179
>i never liked tome it is just boring for me
>just boring for me
>for me
>missing a chance to use 'to me' about 'tome'
>>
File: JUST.jpg (68KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
68KB, 472x472px
>>179865338
>>
>>179865310
what kind if girl child doesn't hit the eye
>>
>>179864806
play maidensnow eve and get a virgin win
>>
>>179865398
Was missing that opportunity part of your plan?
>>
>>179864552
I've never seen a water moccasin outside of fountain punishment, and I think you can kill eyes risk-free if you don't fat finger them.
>>
>>179863808
>Water nymph steals literally everything i have because they chased me and i dont have ranged attacks
>I cannot fucking hit them because of the amazing armor they have
Im legit so pissed off right now
>>
>>179866301
>Steals LITERALLY EVERYTHING ON ME
>She keeps running away despite smiting her like 40 fucking times
>Eventually run out of food, but I need my weapons and armor to fight
>Eye catches me around a corner
>Get to fainting
>Cant open the only tin i have
>die
You know what i dont like nethack
>>
File: 2017-06-15-203629_1280x800_scrot.png (415KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-15-203629_1280x800_scrot.png
415KB, 1280x800px
Not sure if any of the old folks from these threads about 1-2 years ago is still here.

I ran a site called Rogue Nexus where you could SSH in and play a bunch of games. Shit broke. Hardcore.

Anyways been rebuilding it. So far, we have the site back, dgamelaunch back up patched with some security fixes, and CDDA.

Anon >>179634728
was complaining about compiling CDDA.

Maybe try the server? http://roguenex.us
>>
>>179866301
>i dont have ranged attacks
are you playing a class without dagger skill or what
you can get a billion of those to throw just off of random humanoids
>>
>>179866761
Yeah I remember. Nice of you to fix it.
>>
>>179867106
anyone else remember the twisted dagger of AC ignoring thrown anal rape
>>
>>179867446
I'm too afraid to throw things that are valuable to me.
>>
>>179867119
No problem.

I guess I should mention it, that players in CDDA can play on a shared map concurrently.

>>179866761
Also, am happy to hear suggestions on games to be added next or other features.

I am looking at KeeperRL given its community/multiplayer aspect with the dungeon sharing.
>>
>>179866761
that was 1-2 years ago? daamn
>>
>>179868541
>players in CDDA can play on a shared map concurrently
Didn't that consist of people starting the evac shelters on fire so you spawn in and burn to death immediately
>>
>>179866761
Sure we remember, I even played some DDA in there last month
Thanks anon
>>
>>179871086
tfw you go in the basement and its a drop and youre stuck
>>
>>179871362
If there's a sheer drop that means there are no upstairs on the other side (probably an anthill or something, unless you are in a lab where it's usually the lab finale), so don't go down without a rope.

If it's hot, don't go down even with a rope.
>>
>>179710443
I draw the line at only saying you're going for realism but in reality just difficulty wanking. Like for example melee is disproportionately powerful compared to range because just about every form of ranged combat has horrible accuracy at any distance and skill level unless you spend a significant amount of time aiming. One time I was being attacked by a survivor with a nail bat and I had a glock. 3 missed shots at 5 meters, three meters, and then point blank and I was dead.

Or for another the fact that the community always praises suggestions to make something harder like hulks throwing debris while never discussing basic QoL things like being able to boil 6 bottles of water without needing an extra empty container, or obvious huge bugs like ranged accuracy.
>>
Ds mutated Nightstalker 1 at XL2.
Now on D2 and found an altar of Wu Jian Council. Was kind of hoping to do Qaz this game, but a decent D2 altar is hard to pass up.
>>
>>179873158
> 6 bottles of water without needing an extra empty container, or obvious huge bugs like ranged accuracy
There's a sort of trick for this: if you wield your pot before boiling, you can store your water in that (assuming it fits) and then unload it in the original container. Occasionally useful early on if you only have one scavenged plastic bottle.
>>
Do I enchant weapons or armor first on Brogue
Wiki says armor and people seem divided
>>
>using floating sphere and not symbiotic firefly as lightsource
>die to glowmoths because of retarded range & damage they have
fuck
>>
File: angeryfeels.png (610KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
angeryfeels.png
610KB, 633x758px
>still no serial killer roguelike
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
File: chris-hansen.jpg (26KB, 352x707px) Image search: [Google]
chris-hansen.jpg
26KB, 352x707px
>Elementary Schooler profession
>Find a vibrator
>>
>>179874620
murder npcs on cdda
>>
>>179874420
enchant your charms first obviously
>>
File: habeeb it.png (356KB, 655x523px) Image search: [Google]
habeeb it.png
356KB, 655x523px
>>179874420
>>179875960
>tfw +7 Haste Charm
>>
File: Jun15-235300.png (140KB, 1386x857px) Image search: [Google]
Jun15-235300.png
140KB, 1386x857px
>nightstalker
>talons
>building some stealth with wu jian
>go into a volcano
>fucking boots of the assassin with a +8 dtri
I enjoyed blowing up dudes while it lasted.
>>
File: 1468619338626.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1468619338626.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>watch a random guy play DCSS out of curiosity
>he comes across hydra
>starts chopping at it with his axe till the thing goes from 4 heads to 16
>dies

It hurts...
>>
>>179851354
Oh hey, is that forays? Good choice.
>>
>>179879145
but you should laugh at shitters, anon.
That's the only way they'll ever get better.

>>179878669
Oh god that hurts to look at.
>>
>>179878669
F
>>
>>179838651
TRAPS
AND
DOORS
>>
File: Jun16-002537.png (128KB, 1386x857px) Image search: [Google]
Jun16-002537.png
128KB, 1386x857px
Hate slot muts.
>>
>>179880374
Wrong image but my helmet just fell off thanks to horns from evolution.
>>
>>179880374
are you telling me that wu jiuan could be a better stabgod than dith?
>>
>>179880374
>A pair of horns grow on your head!
>Your helmet "The helm of Wuzijun {rF++ rN+ Str+3 Int-2}" falls off!
>ctrl - s
>cry
>>
The only good thing about monstrous is that you get a warning early on so you can just ctrl-q
>>
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Jiyva

Best god?
>makes slimes and eyes your bros
>allows you to make more slimebros
>removes bad mutations
>gives good ones
>protects you from evil things
>gives you access to a vault full of goodies
>will try to cheer you up when you are down and will buy you a drink
>>
File: Screenshot_15.png (22KB, 896x319px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_15.png
22KB, 896x319px
>>179880374
>>179880474
honestly after diving through enough ziggs the whole slot thing is totally irrelevant and basically makes little if any difference unless you're still trying to figure out 15 runes or haven't been winning challenge races

the real burden of demonspawn is the vulnerability to holy wrath and torment and silver all at the same time.

in exchange you get literal super powers that can lock your HP mutation or give you the highest possible slaying/spell enhancement, or the games strongest regeneration ability, or a unique debuff brand on your attacks, or faster mana regen, or decreased LOS and huge stealth modifiers, or reduced armor encumbrance, or etc. etc. etc.

literal actual super powers

Demonspawn are strong af at everything, you just have to play with the cards that are dealt to you.
>>
>>179881405
It's basically like, what if you find OP Naga barding and you're not a naga

well fucking oh well, you probably can't use Frostbite and the Plutonium Sword every game either
>>
>>179880472
Wu Jian is amazing for stabs, since you effectively stab from 1 tile away.
>>
>>179881405
>>179881497
Yeah, this is pretty much why I love Ds. If I win this one they will be my most-won race.
I think I might try to greatrace them.
>>
File: Jun16-013526.png (172KB, 1386x857px) Image search: [Google]
Jun16-013526.png
172KB, 1386x857px
This god is pretty good.
>>
>>179885586
Storm is exceptionally good in elf, where you can basically guarantee a wall jump into silflank into another wall jump forever.
>>
>Qud
What do you usually do after Redrock?
>>
>>179886264
recoiler if you haven't already, then Argyve's later quests
pay a visit to the stilt and try to buy some honey before golgotha
>>
>>179776351
35 mins is fairly slow. Around 30 mins is currently possible
Probably under 30 with insane RNG
>>
>>179773280
they already had tome of destruction, and they removed that.
>>
Is Fulcrete a real word?
>>
>>179889651
no, and neither is crysteel
nanopneumatic jackhammers are not real tools
and glowmoths that shoot lasers at you are not real animals
>>
File: 1471685434454.jpg (23KB, 439x290px) Image search: [Google]
1471685434454.jpg
23KB, 439x290px
>>179776351
>DDFi
>>
File: Jun16-034742.png (161KB, 1386x857px) Image search: [Google]
Jun16-034742.png
161KB, 1386x857px
Lmao.
>>
>>179889702
That's what I thought but
http://freefactfinder.com/definition/Fulcrete.html
>>
>>179889961
but obviously this is a completely different word that has nothing to do with magic future notconcrete
hell, it isn't even a noun
>>
>>179890006
>hell, it isn't even a noun
Good catch. IHBT.
>>
File: Jun16-035414.png (138KB, 1386x857px) Image search: [Google]
Jun16-035414.png
138KB, 1386x857px
Literally danced my way through the lung to the orb. Carving through OoFs and Aliches like butter.

Although I did very nearly die to an Ancient lich earlier by being too hesitant about using my powers early.
>>
>>179890249
>>
>>179890328
Good point
>>
>>179626768

>lost to crawl
>again

I give up, goodbye /rlg/
>>
>>179893303
if you really want to win just play a mibe
hell in the new version you can even play mut roulette
fun as heck
>>
>>179890006
Not to mention Fullerite.
>>
How do you guys deal with ghosts and bosses in DC:SS? Do you avoid them and come back later? I find myself always getting my shit pushed in on floor 3-5
>>
>>179821319
In unreal, you build a cabin.

In CDDA, you build a murdertruck.
>>
>>179896712
Truck? make it longer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnj3F7-DcQY
>>
File: firefox_2017-06-16_22-31-02.png (1KB, 490x19px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-06-16_22-31-02.png
1KB, 490x19px
So I saw crawl got updated and I'm reading the patch notes
I'm confused what does this mean exactly
>>
>>179897289
Mut pots give you a cmut, a benemut, and then like 3 muts in that order
you should always quaff them
>>
>>179897550
That's ridiculous
>>
>>179897550
It's makes it a lot more desirable to eat the purple meat since the results are somehow better when you've already got a set of good and bad mutations. It works out that hopefully, HOPEFULLY, you'll be able to remove the mutation that you really don't want like "stops regenerating" or "randomly teleports near monsters" and not exchange it for something even worse if you can manage to drink enough of them.

when you just have a few muts at the start of the game though, like 2 positive and 2 negative, you could quaff one potion and end up with 2-4 positive mutations only.

If you have many mutations, positive and negative, it's almost certain that any mutation potion will remove the majority of them, good or bad, indiscriminately.
>>
What determines the range on Lesser Beckoning? Is it Spellpower, or Translocations level?
>>
>>179897550
It seems to just get rid of all the mutations I had and give me new ones every time
This change actually seems pretty lame to me
>>
>>179896254
>ghosts
Evoke feet, and abuse the fact that they can't follow you through stairs.

>uniques
Evoke feet. If you think you won't be able to beat them, then just run away and fight them later.
>>
>>179902727
If they are asleep press X, move over to their tile and press e. boom, excluded their area for travel.
>>
>>179903256
True. It's worth mentioning that exclusions are meaningless if you (or other monsters) create too much noise.
>>
ONE WEEK
>>
>>179887249
>>179886264
Yuckwheat works better. You need to take those before you get the disease, though.
If possible, kill Slog from a distance. He transmits glotrot by spitting on you. If you get a message telling you that you got it in your mouth, you're probably going to develop glotrot.
Head to the village in the southern jungle to get the book on how to cure it.
>>
>>179899154
For any spells with variable range, spellpower determines what the range is.

The full function for it is here:
https://github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/master/crawl-ref/source/spl-util.cc#L952-L983

But you can basically just focus on the final return:

(pow * (maxrange - minrange) + powercap / 2) / powercap + minrange);

Where "pow" is your current spellpower for the spell.

Lesser Beckoning has a minimum range of 2, max range of the default characters' LOS (so it's 7 even for Barachi), and a powercap of 200, so you can plug in most of the numbers besides pow and see how long it'll take to get a large range increase.
>>
File: spell_range.png (13KB, 731x72px) Image search: [Google]
spell_range.png
13KB, 731x72px
>>179905182
woops, the image is wrong
>>
>>179905000
For what?
>>
>>179906458
Rightful place in the pantheon

read the filename anon
>>
>>179898542
thanks for the guide, I love mutations.

That means you can eat a ton of mutation meat and if you end up with shitty mutations you just quaff the potion and are still good to go?
>>
>>179907931
Not that guy, but mutations don't do shit and I wouldn't rely on the RNG to get rid of bad stuff, if I were you. The only ones that are decent are the racial ones like the demonspawn ones and you can't get those normally anyway,

I had blurry vision from a malmutate, and the only mutation potions in the game didn't get rid of it. This eventually caused my death when I couldn't blink away fast enough. Mutations are shit-tier, they're a convenience at best and massive obstacles at worst(teleporitis, berserkitis, blurry vision)
>>
>>179908392
Wasn't there a dev from dcss who did the research and showed that going after mutations make you win less, and mutations are a newbie trap?
>>
>>179908618
>>179908392
I know their shit, I just like this random element. I could also see them as a challenge were you have to eat every mutation meat you find and still win.

Maybe I should just play demonspawn
>>
>>179908618
In the worst case they lose you the game, in the best case they don't have an effect
>>
>>179908798
Demonspawn would absolutely be a better choice if you like random stuff and adaptation. And some of the potential mutations you get are seriously good(Claws 3, Aug, Hellfire, Nightstalker, powered-by-death)
>>
>>179909045
Sounds fun. Might be my new MiBe if they are not shit
>>
None of the muts are deadly or anything except for RndTele that tp's you randomly to monsters and even that one is ok for some combos, rest is just moderately annoying or useless
>>
>>179910079
Berserkitis is pretty bad, too.
>>
lmao just put on "RMut
>>179910221
lmao just put on "Clarity
>>
>>179910221
Nah, its better version of shouting most of the time which isnt that hard to deal with as well either
>>
Which reminds me, how are mummies supposed to deal with tarantellas now that "clarity isn't a thing
>>
>>179910450
It's only easy to deal with if you don't attack anything in melee, since that's how it triggers.

Otherwise, you can be basically screwed by not being able to access any escape consumables and then being slowed after that. Is it deadly in every situation? No, but it makes certain situations very,very dangerous if you happen to be screwed by the RNG.
>>
>>179910606
Mummies have been getting indirectly nerfed by the devs for quite some time. At least Octopodes and felids have some distinguishing features, mummies are just pure ass.

There is no real defense against tarantellas as a mummy besides killing them from ranged or worshipping Ash, or just having AC and fighting them 1v1. Even gozag's potion petition doesn't work while confused.
>>
>>179911043
>Mummies have been getting indirectly nerfed by the devs for quite some time
THE DEVIL TEAM FEARS US
>>
>>179910692
Yeah, only in melee but even if it does proc and you think youre in a bit of a sticky situation, you can just run since youre fast while berserked and then pop anything else afterwards when you have some tiles of advantage, like cancelation pot, tp, blink, fog, some spell..
>>
>>179911114
Shut the absolute fuck up dude.
>>
>>179911114
> in 5 years we can't play mumo anymore, we just play regular mummy to show how autistic we are
>>
File: 1482005220123.png (70KB, 328x144px) Image search: [Google]
1482005220123.png
70KB, 328x144px
>>179912696
>>
>>179912780
Pretty sure playing an 8 year old version of an alphabet soup simulator is already autistic enough to hit the power cap.
@179912823
Kill you are self.
>>
File: Buried halfling sees bullying.png (233KB, 328x520px) Image search: [Google]
Buried halfling sees bullying.png
233KB, 328x520px
>>179914094
>>
>>179914094
you are subhuman trash and nobody wants you here
>>
Now that's some bullying I can get behind
>>
File: 1446941385346.png (845KB, 639x718px) Image search: [Google]
1446941385346.png
845KB, 639x718px
>>179914094
>>179916104
No bully!
>>
>>179908618
>>179908927
that was based on the statistical behavior of goodplayers vs badplayers based on winrate

if you look at players who do challenge runs like highscore or speedruns, they eat the meat.

that dev, and most of the dev team really, is just biased towards what benefits high winrate players, who of course mostly play otab braindead combos rather than ones that actually benefit from risk taking.
>>
File: no fighting.jpg (18KB, 584x201px) Image search: [Google]
no fighting.jpg
18KB, 584x201px
>>
Oka or Mak?
>>
File: tiny dog tells it like it is.png (57KB, 130x207px) Image search: [Google]
tiny dog tells it like it is.png
57KB, 130x207px
Surely one could bully bullies a bit
>>
>>179916619
well if you're doing speedruns rather than playing for winrate it is obvious to do high-risk-moderate reward play like that, at least in early game. you don't lose anything for losing early
>>
File: retaliation.png (31KB, 617x359px) Image search: [Google]
retaliation.png
31KB, 617x359px
>>179916730
forgot image because I'm a dummy
>>
>>179916808
devs don't care though, they only balance the game around streaks and winrate because muh autism
>>
>>179916885
probably not a good idea to build your character around the concept of being attacked
>>
File: SpookyAmusementRide.png (138KB, 240x329px) Image search: [Google]
SpookyAmusementRide.png
138KB, 240x329px
>>179681603
>is brogue bullshit
Only having 1 up/down staircase when you can have 20+ monsters on screen, while all the game has given you is a mismatched piece of shti equipment set is """fun""" for some people, but still technically bullshit and bad design choices
>>
>>179917609
Don't forget that monsters respawn in places you've already cleared and there's still a food clock.
>>
Brogue is cool. It's just that the ally AI sucks major dick and since allies trivialize the game but you have to become a psychotic nanny just to keep them alive

on the other hand ally-less runs are viable but really hard unless you find some good gear

honestly the only good thing about brogue are the vaults and the pretty animated ascii
>>
Are there any reason to play newer versions of crawl after 0.17?
Seems like with every version they remove something nice. They even goddamn removed haste, rod , best wands and a lot more
>>
File: Wise Nord tells it like it is.png (371KB, 517x422px) Image search: [Google]
Wise Nord tells it like it is.png
371KB, 517x422px
>>179918758
>Are there any reason to play newer versions of crawl after 0.17?
>>
>>179918758
I don't know, do you like D:6 ugly things/cyclops and D:8 centaur warriors
>>
>>179919204
stop wasting one million turn on 1 floor anon
>>
>>179919476
>all of them sleeping while I just entered the floor

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it
and also D:8 skeletal warriors too and D:6 double headed ogres which are literally ettins hitting up to 80 a turn right now
>>
>>179918717
i would love brogue so much more if there was a variant rebalanced to have allies removed

or even just having ally leveling/want-of-empowerment removed so that D:2 monkey buddy stays as a monkey the whole time and you don't lose much when he gets oneshot by an ogre
>>
File: l6.png (43KB, 1150x1184px) Image search: [Google]
l6.png
43KB, 1150x1184px
Currently on Angband L6. According to the PCB pasta, there should be a random quest on this floor. But I didn't get a message when I entered telling me what to kill, and there's nothing listed on the ^Q screen either. What gives? And is it safe to leave, or will it still count as a failed quest?
>>
>>179871086
When we first started it that was the case, but not every spawn was at one of those shelters. That was part of the fun. But maps are big.
>>
>>179919886
I think in the latest PCB version the quest levels are slightly randomized, so it is probably just slightly lower down.

If the game doesn't tell you there's a quest there isn't a quest; you won't lose shit by leaving that level.
>>
>>179919863
>i would love brogue so much more if there was a variant rebalanced to have allies removed
There was!
But it stopped being updated years ago. I think it was called unbrogue, on the whole nethack-unnethack vibe.
>>179919886
they probably got it wrong, the first bossfloor should be either there or a little further down
>>
>>179919667
Something is wrong with your game or you are lying anon
>>
>>179920345
Not really. Everyone can back me up on this, the new versions have tremendously OOD spawns.
We had that cyclops on an unexplored D:5 who was 500 turns in the level even
on an octopode
>>
>>179919886
the Angband quest floor distribution was recently changed to make them more evenly spread out and to allow for all (non-dungeoin-specific) monsters to be legal possible quest targets. It used to be that the spacing weirdly caused certain level ranges of uniques to be impossible to generate as quests.

But yes this does mean it's put that part of the pasta out of date hmm
>>
>>179920523
>New versions
Gee anon I wonder what I was saying
>>
>>179920668
Oh I see what you mean!
No I was actually giving you reasons why you shouldn't want to play anything past .17.
>>
>>179918717
It needs fully ID vaults and more loot, imo. Yeah, allies should be removed, or at least empowerment should be. Pender said he nerfed them in the next version but it seems like that shit will never come out

Also the fucking color effects need to be fixed
>>
File: 1447048220610.png (52KB, 767x531px) Image search: [Google]
1447048220610.png
52KB, 767x531px
Alright, in with the new thread.

You gotta promise me you won't make it a meme thread with unrelated images and unfunny (embed)s all over the place.
Deal?
>>
>>179921195
only if I get first post
>>
>>179921195
;^)
>>
>>179921438
Technically the opening post IS the first post
also remove the tourney information while you're at it thank you
>>
File: hqdefault2.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault2.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>179920814
Ohh I see now
>>
>>179921823
what is this
>>
>>179921907
The Tick in his own mind
>>
>>179922118
Oh man those are antennae
shit I haven't seen that show since I was a kid
>>
>>179922292
Go rewatch it anon, it still holds up perfectly
Then prepare yourself for the new TVshow
>>
>>179922292
It was a great show.
>>
>>179922516
I think some of the same guys ended up working on Venture Bros

good show even if they didn't
>>
>>179920030
>>179920059
>>179920667
Thanks anons, finally found it on floor 13
>>
yo
we need that new thread like, now
>>
nah
just let it all go
>>
do you need me to make another or what, i can
>>
>>179924704
you don't have to ask permission to do something anonymously
give us your best meme image and edition name
>>
>>179925453

>>179925453

>>179925453

>>179925453

Here you go anons, my first time ever making a general thread, just for you guys
>>
>>179925563
it's shit
Thread posts: 774
Thread images: 120

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.