[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Etrian Odyssey General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 764
Thread images: 175

File: 19848910_p0.png (583KB, 696x982px) Image search: [Google]
19848910_p0.png
583KB, 696x982px
EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
http://pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
http://sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EOMD2
http://sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

>EO V Skill Simulator
http://waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
https://jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
https://jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
http://pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
http://pastebin.com/8sJhutN7 (Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
http://edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
http://pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
https://mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:
>>175855309
>>
Why do you persist
Its too late
>>
File: cell membrane.jpg (917KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cell membrane.jpg
917KB, 1920x1080px
This is too stupid to feel mad about.
>>
>>176119256
Olympia did nothing wrong.
>>
>>176119554
>summons that waste your time
EO2U boss design in a nutshell.
>>
>>176119554
Quick, use a dusk ball!
>>
>>176119972
>thinks adds are bad design by default
Thank god you arne't a game designer.
>>
>>176119554
hope you saved fafnir's break
>>
>>176120543
>by default
You really need to work on your implying skills, anon.

Summons are not bad by default but the way EO2U did them is just shit - and they are everywhere.

>basilisk eyes - kill them or get petrified
>flame cubes - kill them quick or you die
>tentacles - kill them instantly or you die
>cores - kill them quick or you die
>calamity pieces - kill them or you can't kill the boss
>origin buds - kill them or you can't kill the boss

You can not control them, you can not decide to outlast their damage - the only way the game allows you to handle them is through damage.
Which is a real shame because EO usually gives you a range of options on how to deal with stuff.
But not the summons. They are there to waste your time, damage and TP or punish you should you decide to try to get around that.

An example for good summons are the hollow Queens supporters.
Not only do they rotate so you can pick your poison, you also can arm/head bind them to make them a non-issue for a few turns.
And when the fight is coming to a close you can also just ignore them and burst on, something many EO2U summons prevent you from doing.
>>
File: 1492645579166.jpg (1MB, 1152x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492645579166.jpg
1MB, 1152x640px
>>176121347
>basilisk eyes - kill them or get petrified
Prevent order/barrier/medical miracle did the trick. A boss like basilisk would usually use a petrification skill no matter what. The eyes give you an extra chance to prevent the skill from being used at all.
>flame cubes - kill them quick or you die
While it is indeed better to kill them you CAN block the epxlosion if you have grimoires.
>tentacles - kill them instantly or you die
Kill them fast and they'll be resummoned faster. I usually opt to let them be for as long as possible and focus on Scylla instead.
>cores - kill them quick or you die
This is actually a TERRIBLE idea other than for storm emperor. In the case of blizzard king, killing the core means mirror shield is soon to follow whereas leaving it alone will prevent the skill form being used at all. As for great dragon, killing the core with its massive HP means giving the dragon several free turns to maim you, it's best to just fire wall it.
Anyway, fuck dragon cores.
>calamity pieces - kill them or you can't kill the boss
>origin buds - kill them or you can't kill the boss
Well then, kill them. What's the problem really? Is it that you wanted to have your opportunity windows to be eternal so you can keep doing whatever at your leisure? These fights are interesting precisely because of those helpers restricting your zone of comfort and forcing you to be sure of when to attack and how.

In every case but the last two, you're free to ignore the helpers and rush the boss - you're just doing it at a risk. And assessing risk is what you're supposed to do in boss battles. As they were used for bosses like hollow queen or cernunos, the supporters were little more than a decoration, a trap to make you waste valuable turns. There was little to no punishment for ignoring them.
Although I wish we could have had front line summons for some boss fight, only to make drop shot not utterly useless against bosses.
>>
>>176122162
>Kill them fast and they'll be resummoned faster. I usually opt to let them be for as long as possible and focus on Scylla instead.
this

ignore tentacles, they are a trap.
multi-attacks should take care of them
>>
Why is Himukai so lewd?
>>
File: best sheep.jpg (38KB, 199x278px) Image search: [Google]
best sheep.jpg
38KB, 199x278px
Persona Q 2 when?
>>
Just started up EOV and was wondering if there was anything other then the class recolors in the dlc cia? I cant read moon, so Im not sure if Im missing anything.
>>
>>176123335
There's additional portraits for some classes IIRC.
>>
>>176123335
There is no class recolor DLC.
>>
>>176123535
>>176123536
Really? If its the school uniform portraits or the EO1 portraits I dont see either when Im creating new members for my guild.
>>
>>176122162
>basilisk eyes
I give you that one. You can get around it rather easily.

>While it is indeed better to kill them you CAN block the epxlosion if you have grimoires.

Walls only block one instance of damage per character. Since they explode on the same turn as Kingly fire comes out you will not be able to take this - unless you put half your team on Fire Wall duty. Which means you have to get enough Wall Grimoires in the first place. Since Grimoires in the second stratum are very low level you would have to grind a lot even if you used QR codes.

At which point - why not grind out some more levels and just trash the boss that way.
I don't see that as a viable strategy at all.

>Kill them fast and they'll be resummoned faster. I usually opt to let them be for as long as possible and focus on Scylla instead.

Might work on standard, terrible idea on expert.
Not only is their damage massive and adds up quickly (unless you somehow have a rank 20 Front Guard for 70% reduce) their leg bind skill also stuns you.
So if you have any plans to get around their primary disable all can and will come crushing down if you get even a bit unlucky. Which is likely if you let them have many tries by leaving them up.

>In the case of blizzard king, killing the core means mirror shield is soon to follow whereas leaving it alone will prevent the skill form being used at all.

You and I must play different games entirely.
Mirror Shield is bound to the summoning of the core, not to it's destruction.
It just gets delayed if Blizzard King is forced to do other things before Mirror Shield.
Hell, that is the entire reason you can not two-shot Blizzard King with a Dark Hunter. After the first Ecstasy (which takes over 50% HP and puts BK way under the threshold for the first Core) it summons the core and next turn Mirror Shield will prevent your second Ecstasy.

Besides that leaving cores up is a terrible idea because their elemental blast gets stronger every turn they are alive.
>>
>>176123846
(cont.)
So unless you put two people on duty to wield of elemental blasts and a third person on duty to ward of physical attacks you will die after three or at the very most four turns of core damage.

>Well then, kill them. What's the problem really?

In a vacuum Ur-Child and Calamity would be ok (even if both of them using the same trick is kind of lame) but because so many other bosses use bullshit summons them also having the same shit stands out negatively.
>>
>>176123296
May 20th will be the announcement.
>>
>>176124923
nah, they'll announce Etrian Odyssey The Untold Animation, Etrian Arena (featuring your favourite Untold and Untold 2 characters!), and Etrian Odyssey Untold: Dancing All Night.
>>
>>176123846
Getting wall grimoires isn't that expensive. Remember that you'll be using levels 4~6, not 10. You should have enough of those by the end of the second stratum.

In the case os Scylla, what do you do when she starts summoning more than one tentacle per turn then? Go after them and let Scylla crush you in the while? Sure it's risky to let the tentacles be but diverting your party's damage form the boss into the tentacles is falling right into her trap. You're better off making sure Scylla can't use her dangerous attacks than trying to cut the Hydra's heads.

Of course mirror shield is tied to summon rather than destruction but the two are related: if you never destroy the core, it will never be resummoned which in turn means mirror shield will never be used in that fight. Of course that's of little importance if you can 2-3 shot the dragon, but on the other hand why even bother with the core if the fight won't last enough for it to get into full throttle?

As for the great dragon, it is very likely that the core will reach unsustainable damage before you can finish it off, so you're still required to shield yourself from both sources AND you will have been doing little to no damage to the dragon. Yes, you need to put someone on constant fire wall duty and someone else protecting from the dragon's attack more often than not but the alternative isn't any better and you have to deal with the same conditions for a way longer battle with more chances for things to go south. Spending more turns attacking the core than the dragon isn't th ebest strategy.

>>176124114
And their summons are mechanically different from the rest (kinda. If you don't kill the buds you get into a flame demon situation).
The only shitty summons are the dragons', take them away and it's all fine.
>>
>>176125154
>Etrian Odyssey The Untold Animation
I'd watch it - there is a 50/50 chance it's either so horrible it's funny or just plain horrible.
I'm willing to take that wager.
>>
>>176125425
>The only shitty summons are the dragons', take them away and it's all fine.

Scylla could have at least some dealy and I would be willing to agree.
On their own most bosses are tollerable it's just their overreliance on the same (or a very similar) mechanic over and over that makes the bosses as a whole a chore.

But seeing as bosses like Wyvern and Golem are a complete pushover they likely saw that they had pushed their burst damage power creep too far and tried to diffuse it a bit.

>In the case os Scylla, what do you do when she starts summoning more than one tentacle per turn then?

My Scylla tactic is usually using area attacks instead of higher damage single target skills.
Thankfully her tentacles don't have that much HP.
For the story party Link Order II 4 (even off of a Flame Saber 9) and Flank Shot 1 are enough to kill them on expert for example.
>>
File: 59097333_p4_master1200.jpg (159KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
59097333_p4_master1200.jpg
159KB, 500x666px
>>176126242
>My Scylla tactic is usually using area attacks instead of higher damage single target skills
Oh well, then we've been arguing over using the same strategy. Flame grater, inferno formula, ?fire jar? and link order II with some flame fantasia on the side are my go-to skills for scylla, I just stop using compression formula (since it's also easy for it to go wrong because of the tentacles' influence).

Since the whole comparison arised from Yggdrasil Core, I thought you were suggesting to stop attacking Scylla to rush the tentacles, which is a very bad idea.
>>
>>176125154
What about Etrian Q?
>>
>>176123817
Try changing locale with Luma
>>
File: 1493635628230.jpg (1MB, 1920x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1493635628230.jpg
1MB, 1920x1220px
How was this city called and why is it like twenty times larger than the original Great Duchy of High Lagaard?

>>176123817
Use NTR. Anyway, the DLC is pretty much those six portraits and a couple quests to get easy exp.
>>
>>176126743
Focussing the tentacles is indeed a horrible idea - but they still need to die preferably in one turn.
Which makes quite a lot of characters sub-optimal and parties not viable on its own.
Many area attacks are really costly and you can not farm any TP restoring items before beating Scylla which is just one more reason to resent her.
>>
File: 1441497954835.jpg (117KB, 758x549px) Image search: [Google]
1441497954835.jpg
117KB, 758x549px
>>176127364
>NTR
>>
EO V will get ported to the Switch and only then will it get a western localization
>>
>>176127185
Will try. Thanks anon.
>>
>>176127871
That's still too hopeful for me.
If they announce a Switch port on May 20th it might be possible.

Otherwise: neVer eVer.
>>
>>176127079
Like Persona Q but with Untold characters?
The milenum party is almost flat enough for that but the Fafnir troupe might need to lose a bit of character since more than one personality trait is not allowed.
>>
>>176127871
>EOV port to Switch
>handheld mode only
>toggle the map onto the screen with one of the triggers
>comes bundled with a capacitive-compatible stylus
>still doesn't get localized
>>
File: 145720341.png (139KB, 1216x480px) Image search: [Google]
145720341.png
139KB, 1216x480px
>in 8 days Atlus USA announces EOV localization
>in 13 days Atlus reveals EO3U nest to PQ2
>in a year, with EO3U still not localized, Atlus USA announces they won't release any more 3DS games
>>
>>176129343
What's happening in 8 days?
>>
>>176129343
Such a convoluted plot this season.
I liked the Fran poster better, his character was easier to follow.
>>
File: 2009-08-08-186306.jpg (217KB, 728x768px) Image search: [Google]
2009-08-08-186306.jpg
217KB, 728x768px
>>176129434
10th EO anniversary for the US
>>
>>176127871
>EOV Switch port
>70 bucks because Atlus tax
>>
File: 10th_anyversary.jpg (381KB, 900x1964px) Image search: [Google]
10th_anyversary.jpg
381KB, 900x1964px
>>176129750
After the massive attention the 1th birthday got in Japan the US birthday is bound to have a ton of announcements!
>>
>>176130442
lewd nene
>>
>>176130650
Nene needs to step up her lewd game overall if she wants to stay relevant.
Look what happened to blonde Princess and Bobshark - completely fallen of the radar.
>>
>>176125154
>Etrian Arena (featuring your favourite Untold and Untold 2 characters!)
As long as the game lets me bully Arianna I am on board.
>>
File: PggeAIp.jpg (517KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
PggeAIp.jpg
517KB, 1280x1707px
>>176131963
>blonde princess
>falling off the radar
>specially when compared to bobshark
>>
>>176133258
And this... thing...
At least they tried?
>>
>>176133258
What am I even looking at here
>>
Sup, I'ma pirate your game. What can you tell me about Etrian Odyssey Untold 2? My only experience with this format is Persona Q - what is the most asswhopping, braindead, ez mode party composition I can have in EOU2?
>>
>>176134934
Dark Hunter, War Magus, Dark Hunter

Hexer (with Stigmata grimoire), Troubadour.
>>
>>176134934
Hexer (with Stigmata grimoire) and Dark Hunter with Ecstasy will blow through 90% of the game. So basically what >>176135284 said. Although you might run a Protector to buy you a setup turn.
>>
File: 1472683262361.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1472683262361.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>176135284
>>176135487
Thanks
>>
>>176134934
The easiest is any good classic party involving Fafnir but since that needs you to beat the story mode first I would just go with the meme three.

Dark Hunter running whip, War Magus and Hexer.
War Magus' Ailing Slash deals massive damage but needs an ailment which can be given by the Hexer. Vampire also heals their entire line for a percentage of the damage they deal against ailing targets (which is often enough to sustain your front line on its own).
Dark Hunter's Ecstasy deals even more damage if the enemy has two binds and outright broken damage if the enemy has all three binds. Both Dark Hunter and Hexer can inflict those.
After inflicting shit the Hexer's Frailty Curse can increase the damage of your party even more.
War Magus also doubles as your Healer and bind/ailment prevent unit - the latter gets more important as the game goes on. So after maxing Ailing Slash pump points into War Lore and Barrier.

Add in a Protector for defense and a Alchemist for elemental coverage and you have an extremely offensive party that will kill almost anything in a few turns while also keeping the enemy controlled so they can not kill you.
Only one boss is immune against almost all binds/ailments but she blows herself up three turns after her man servant dies so you just have to turtle for a bit.

If you want to go extra cheap try to get a Stigmata Grimoire via QR code since on a Hexer it can often fully bind even bosses in a single turn.
>>
File: 1474446974213.png (59KB, 350x290px) Image search: [Google]
1474446974213.png
59KB, 350x290px
>>176135712
Does this also work on expert mode? Thanks man, the explanations are really appreciated. I tried some other party composition and got immediately blown the fuck out by even the simplest mobs, but I think it's because of expert mode (they do more damage then, right?)
>>
>>176135881
Yes, even in Expert Dark Hunters are absurdly broken. Also, early game is always hard.
>>
>>176135881
Expert is kind of the baseline - Standard lowers the damage you recieve, increases the damage you deal and maybe changes some infliction stuff. And Picnic takes that even further so you can basically normal attack anything to death (which is good for afk grinding after a rest should you need to re-allocate your skill points).

The mobs in the beginning hit hard because you are low level and have no equipment.
That's what a Protector is for - get them Front Guard and spam it like mad You can usually rush it to 10 as fast as possible but maybe leave it at 9 for a few levels if the TP cost looks to steep for you (you can put the skill points into Shield Mastery to unlock the Walls instead).
Rear Guard can be ignored but you want Fire Wall on 5-9 (10 is not needed as it just increases TP costs for a minor absorb) for the second stratum and Ice Wall on 5-9 for the third stratum. Volt Wall is useful in the fourth stratum but its enemies don't have that many volt attacks.

Btw. armor and the DEF value in the status menu are nearly worthless since they are so weak. Get a good body armor for everyone and only update it when it makes a big difference.
VIT is important for taking physical hits so you could give your frontline some VIT accessoiresif they die too often.
TEC does the same for elemental hits but you should have your Walls to take care of those.
>>
Arianna a cute
>>
File: psycho_arianna.jpg (29KB, 230x240px) Image search: [Google]
psycho_arianna.jpg
29KB, 230x240px
>>176136791
You may live.
>>
File: Frederica.jpg (171KB, 1085x1160px) Image search: [Google]
Frederica.jpg
171KB, 1085x1160px
>>176137373
Frederica>Arianna
>>
File: psycho_arianna_2.jpg (49KB, 230x240px) Image search: [Google]
psycho_arianna_2.jpg
49KB, 230x240px
>>176137495
You made a little mistake there.
>>
File: 1492637043662.png (218KB, 400x415px) Image search: [Google]
1492637043662.png
218KB, 400x415px
>>176119554
>original 3ds
>playing with 3D on
>>
File: 27464004.jpg (168KB, 475x403px) Image search: [Google]
27464004.jpg
168KB, 475x403px
>>176139028
>playing with 3D off
>ever
>>
>>176139028
The 3D gives it an anti-aliasing effect. I know people like to do the whole 3d=bad meme, but you'd think anons here would actually have tried turning the 3D on for once.
>>
I play on a 2ds.
>>
>>176139640
Same. It's just more comfortable to hold.
>>
>he doesn't own a hacked standard New 3DS, the perfect screen size and form factor that Nintendo has ever produced for the DS line
XL fatties/Americans and 2D poorfags can fuck off desu
>>
>>176127467
>preferably
There's no "preferably", you either have means to one-shot 2+ tentacles in a single turn, or try to use something like auto lick hp regen on hit grimoire beast or die.
>>
>have special pillow to allow earbuds in ear without discomfort
>head supported
>neck supported
>arms comfortable as fuck since joycon controllers weigh almost nothing and arms at side as normal when sleeping
>ever since getting my Switch been playing in bed with switch and myself on side
>over 300 hours of botw
>1 and a half kart /v/eekends
Etrian Odyssey must somehow move to the switch. I will give into auto mapping just to experience a comfortable as fuck ride while being comfortable as fuck.
>>
>>176139973
Where do I get this special pillow
>>
>>176139568
>The 3D gives it an anti-aliasing effect
It's more of an optical effect. It still has the same aliasing, only that it's different for each eye.
At the very least, with 3D the environments are less blurry and you can tell details apart.
Anyway, it's also very nice to have different menus, portraits and background on different layers.
>>
>>176139810
>manlet thinking any non-xl 3ds has a perfect screen size
when will they learn
>>176139973
Maybe if they release a version of switch which is not a hardware catastrophe and actually has games
>>
>>176139831
Or just prevent getting leg bound without needing to attack the tentacles.
>>
>>176140053
I.. cant find it on amazon anymore. bought it two years ago. typed in "ear bud pillow"
>>
>>176140248
Can't you just look at your purchase history
>>
>>176140228
N3DS has a screen size between the OG and XL screens, the XL screen is too fucking big for the 3DS' resolution and it looks like utter shit, especially if you don't play with 3D on.
>>
>>176140228
>hardware catastrophe
Yeah because EO is known for its high fidelity graphics that need the strongest of machines.
>>
>>176140340
Making the screen smaller won't fix the resolution. You either hold a small 3DS closer to your face than an XL or strain your sight to actually read the screen. In either case, it's a loss.
>>
>>176140369
EO2 lagged like hell, how do you explain that.
psh.. nothing personnel...
>>
>>176140340
>the XL screen is too fucking big for the 3DS' resolution
It's not
>>176140369
I'm talking about ebin stuff like plastic screen in fucking 2017, low quality mats making console bend from heat, joycons losing signal and other shit.
>>
>>176140369
I'll only buy a switch if I can view Himukai's lolis in 4k on handheld mode.
>>
>>176140498
>4k
so never
>>
>>176140495
And how is that gonna stop EO?
>>
>>176140483
Shitty programming.
In certain quests it checks if a condition is met with every single input.
Also the leaf/petal/snow effects are not only visual but also change the battle "R"NG every time one of them spawns.
It's a nightmare.
>>
>>176140678
>fire squirrels not only burn threads but also bend the console
>>
File: 1491341757376.jpg (740KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1491341757376.jpg
740KB, 1200x1200px
>>176140710
>leaf/petal/snow effects are not only visual but also change the battle "R"NG every time one of them spawns.
>>
>>176140232
The leg bound skill also stuns. Good luck preventing both of those.
Also the damage is just too much on expert unless you stack Beast and Protector to reduce it to nothing or some shit.
>>
>>176140921
It may not be much on its own but shit adds up.
Displaying 3D dungeons is already kind of taxing for the DS' meager hardware so putting more operations on top of it is not helping.
>>
>>176140991
Leg bind only matters when she's about to use her "nuke". Unless you get stunned exactly on the turn she's using it, it's not that much of a setback.
Again, the whole thing is a trap. The faster you kill tentacles, the sooner they grow to overwhelming levels. Let one be, finish it when another one pops.
>>
>>176140710
>Also the leaf/petal/snow effects are not only visual but also change the battle "R"NG every time one of them spawns.
who gives a fuck
>>
>>176141275
The framerate - it takes a dump whenever those effects are on screen because too many operations are stacked on top of each other.
>>
>>176140336
this or fake
>>
File: h.jpg (64KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
64KB, 960x720px
Damn, I'm playing Untold 2 for the first time and I didn't expect to get right into the feels.. today, I made a friend
>>
>enemy uses a party wide strong phys atk which also binds/ails
>>
>>176141665
Remove dragons
>>
>>176141242
The leg bind skill is only used on the turn Scylla uses her nuke anyways.
Also the respawn of tentacles is fixed in her pattern. If you leave one alive you just will have one more of them the next time she spawns them.

Does no one here read up on patterns before posting their totally legit high level tactics?
>>
>>176141635
Keep your bros close to you.
Such a trooper.
>>
>>176141635
Dude, i know right!
I started playing a few days ago and posted the same thing in the earlier thread!
A real bro, that one.
>>
>>176141635
>>176142009
Hedgehogs vs. squirrels when?
>>
File: top_0028.png (156KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0028.png
156KB, 400x240px
>>176141754
don't do that
>>
When will Meguro do some work on EO?
>>
Did anyone here actually try Picnic difficulty before? I just auto attacked a FOE at level 3... just how easy is this really?
>>
>>176143179
remove these dragons especially
>>
did you guys Rest Chloe and Bertrand when you first got em? Provoke is pretty useless I hear and Flavio has aliments that Chloe can build off of better than just being a straight healer
>>
>>176143832
Picnic is a complete joke.
You deal five times at much damage, take 15% damage and heal three times as much (which doesn't even matter since you take no damage...).
>>
>>176143969
I rest them and the enitre party just so their XP bars are synced up.

But yes, Provoke is useless and Arianna can heal good enough until Vampire comes online.
>>
File: top_0038.png (146KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
top_0038.png
146KB, 400x240px
>>176144184
At least the description is accurate, the game becomes an ingredient collecting cartography simulator

>>176143857
you cannot
>>
>>176144590
AFK grinding from 30 to 99 in like half an hour is also great on its own.
>>
>>176141665
>enemy uses fast, line piercing, strong physical attack which also stuns
>there is three of them

EOU 5th stratum is fun.
>>
File: 50928443_p44_master1200.jpg (285KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
50928443_p44_master1200.jpg
285KB, 600x661px
>>176143969
Provoke is useful. It's not at the level of taunt but it's close, specially early game. The couple of points that Chloe has spent in healing skills are useful for those situations where damage will get unmanageable all of a sudden, which happens pretty often at the start of the game.

Either way, resting so early in the game is utterly moronic. There are three SP spent wrongly? Congratulations, because resting deleted two of those points, you got in the end one point to redistribute and a weaker character.
>>
>>176145585
>Enemy uses high damage, whole party elemental damage attack which also puts you to sleep.
>2 other enemies in the back row duplicate the skill

EOV 6th stratum is hell
>>
>>176145874
Elemental attacks that inflict stuff just feel wrong in general...
>>
>>176144590
But doesn't it mean they are removed?
Who cares if they are somewhere in a theoretical parallel multiverse or some shit as long as I don't have to deal with them.
>>
>>176143832
"the game could as well play itself" difficulty
Only ever used for auto-grinding or by autists who are afraid of text and want story bonuses
>>
File: 55624928_p0_master1200.jpg (1MB, 1200x749px) Image search: [Google]
55624928_p0_master1200.jpg
1MB, 1200x749px
>>176148194
Lots of cute girls with fluffy ears died because you dumped your shitty dragons on them asshole.
>>
who wore it better?
>>
>>176148194
Iod is just a little insecure because her children decided to exterminate her entire species and interrupt the cycle of reincarnation that prevents the universe from reaching heat death, that's all

spinoffs when
>>
>>176148956
Arianna obviously
In case of Shilleka you would have a hard time saying she wears anything (3 straps of cloth are not clothing) and fucking leaf just wears some cheerleader clothing probably waiting for chad dick (because what else cheerleaders are for)
>>
>>176149025
>wanting a spinnoff of dead series
>>
>>176148956
arianna
>>
>>176149257
We are getting EMD2 so spin-offs of dead series' are happening.
>>
>>176148956
anko no erohon
>>
File: latest.jpg (375KB, 1754x1240px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
375KB, 1754x1240px
>>176144325
I'm glad I'm not the only one autistic enough to do this.
>>
>>176149257
It's not dead in Japan tho
>>
>>176149546
Picnic and grinding DLC means you can rest up every time someone is dead at the end of a fight - and after the Demi-Fafnir fight of course.

Sadly EOU is not quite as lenient so preserving your XP bar sync takes some effort.
>>
>>176149653
7th Dragon is still going on over there?
I thought Japanese shit taste was just a meme.
>>
File: 61046983_p0_master1200.jpg (740KB, 792x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61046983_p0_master1200.jpg
740KB, 792x1200px
>>176152864
The first 7th Dragon is the only good one, right?
I am playing it right now, and dragons/FOEs are a pain in the ass to avoid because of the centipede-like form of the party.

Still fun tho.
>>
>>176153542
You are not supposed to avoid them. Starting mid-game they are even pretty weak.
There is a counter of them for a reason - kill them all.
>>
>>176153542
The other three are more generic 3D RPGs that still have FOE dragons and party creation but drop the overworld and cut the party to 3 members in a single line
I liked them all but they're too easy and each has one or more super exploitable classes
>>
>>176153902
The last dragon is in captivity. The universe is at peace.
>>
>>176153542
The first one is closest to EO.

Four characters that you can put into two lines. You can have any configuaration that doesn't have all characters in the back line.
Later games only have three characters and no lines.

Also you have skill points per level - multiples of 5 give you two skill points and some skills cost more than one point.
Later games have their own skill currency earned in battles.

Equipment also gets forged out of monster parts whereas later games have standard RPG progress unlocking for gear.
>>
>>176153902
I just assumed that after I killed them all, they'd just respawn in 4 or 7 days.
>>
File: 61046983_p1_master1200.jpg (741KB, 792x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61046983_p1_master1200.jpg
741KB, 792x1200px
>>176154721
Or after some specific period of time, since the game doesn't have days.
>>
>>176154721
Well, there actually is a respawn mechanic for the bloom and rarely for dragons.
But it only gets activated if you sleep at an inn.
Inn's also reset gathering points which become usable way to late into the game.

If you have a Princes and/or a Medic you can get MANA restore skills with them so there is no real need to actually sleep.
Refreshing in the dungeon is also usually faster than walking or teleporting out, going to the next inn, sleep and go back.
Random encounters are usually so easy you can just turtle up against a single enemy, refill your MANA and be ready for the next dragon fight.
>>
>>176154923
That's a very cute potato.
>>
>>176148906
That's why dragons need to be removed.
Every last one of them.
>>
>>176156646
This. Also hunting them is pretty much the only legit experience pinata you can ever get in the game.
>>
File: 3733714_p0.jpg (226KB, 995x725px) Image search: [Google]
3733714_p0.jpg
226KB, 995x725px
>>176154721
Dragons only respawn if you leave bloom in the dungeon and spend a few days (the game has days, they are advanced by inn visits). Once you kill all the dragons in the dungeon the bloom gets removed entirely and forever (which may be bad if you want those bloom seeds and tons of EXP they give). Once you kill every overworld dragon manually the final dungeon opens a special "postgame" exit where you do boss rushes and i think superboss or something.
>>
Which is the worst class in each EO game?
>>
File: 3206133_p0.png (333KB, 770x418px) Image search: [Google]
3206133_p0.png
333KB, 770x418px
>>176153542
Characters can pass through each other so this can help in ambush prevention
>>
>>176161985
Dunno, probably hexer for untold
Beast, ronin for untold
Farmer probably
Medic
Reaper
>>
>>176162361
>hexer for untold
Nope
>>
>>176162361
>hexer for untold

The fuck? Is this just because you can't equip 2-3 HP Belts and Revenge the shit out of everything anymore?
>>
File: EOV_04-21-16_010.jpg (261KB, 600x926px) Image search: [Google]
EOV_04-21-16_010.jpg
261KB, 600x926px
>>176151231
I reset whenever someone desyncs their exp. It's annoying and really stupid, but it really grinds my almonds whenever it happens, so I gotta do it to preserve my sanity.
>>
>>176161985
EO1: haven't played
EO2: beast
EO3: yggdroid (wildling and farmer following)
EO4: bushi
EO5: reaper
EOU: survivalist, probably
EO2U: ronin (or survivalist?)

>>176163563
Probably because for Untold it's hard to pinpoint a class that does its job poorly or lags behind.
>>
File: 50047517_p24.jpg (131KB, 429x650px) Image search: [Google]
50047517_p24.jpg
131KB, 429x650px
>>
>>176139568
>3D
do you max the 3d or put it on a lower setting?
>>
File: 7th Dragon (TR)__28602.png (43KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
7th Dragon (TR)__28602.png
43KB, 256x384px
>you'll never have a cute rushe servant
>>
>>176153960
I found that the series was really exploitable on a whole. I mean the only real source of difficulty in the first game is less from the battles and more from the game forcing you to bring a Knight or else you had to put up with stupid amounts of bloom damage. Take that away and the DS game is about as hard as 2020-II.
>>
>>176171079
>forcing
There's like zero reason to not have knight
Bloom regulators also exist
>>
File: 198_199_.jpg (4MB, 4000x2784px) Image search: [Google]
198_199_.jpg
4MB, 4000x2784px
>>176171079
Yeah, it was more about attrition for most of the game. If you prepared your party for MN restoration, encounter reduction, and bloom damage negation you were set. I did have some modest trouble starting out up until about the time you pass that mantis bug in the forest though. And the shadow dungeon.
2020 seemed okay until I discovered Destroyer and hacking. It's fun to build synergetic parties but even the dragons aren't really tough enough to necessitate it.
>>
>>176172208
Destroyer was the really broken one in 2020. Hacking didn't really feel all that broken until VFD since you already had Tricksters loading things down with every single ailment in 2020 with their EX skill.

2020-II nerfed Tricksters since their ailments got split between the two ex skills and the other attackers got new toys to play with but Destroyers are still OP so its not really like they fixed anything. Its kind of like EOIV when you think about it.
>>
>>176171932
>There's zero reason to not have Knight
Because of the Bloom and not wanting to bog your inventory down with Bloom Regulators.
>>
File: 093.jpg (470KB, 1280x1830px) Image search: [Google]
093.jpg
470KB, 1280x1830px
>>176172517
I shunned hacking at first and only used buffs so it was a nice surprise when I found out madstrife was almost as abusable as in VFD if you had someone inflicting weakness to hacking for you. But yeah, simply having to cooperate like that means it's less overpowered than TROY:Fire in VFD

It's too bad the dungeons suffered so much in that game
>>
>>176174459
Hacking was strong in VFD but after while you were better off doing the React loop that that Rogue and its derivatives are known for especially since you had like a ton of shots to fish for it with unlike in say DS and 2020 where the only reliable way to do it was to use your normal attack.

The biggest problem with 7th Dragon is that the enemies simply just don't have enough HP to withstand your assault. Some of time can definitely bite back and kill you especially in DS and 2020-II but you're so strong that they'll probably never get a chance in.
>>
>EO so dead 7th Shit has to keep this place alive
>>
More like 700th damage tile
>>
File: C_CGquVV0AAfgjy.jpg (176KB, 1200x901px) Image search: [Google]
C_CGquVV0AAfgjy.jpg
176KB, 1200x901px
>>
>>176175778
Worst imperial
>>
File: teach.jpg (142KB, 655x800px) Image search: [Google]
teach.jpg
142KB, 655x800px
>>176178117
>>
>>176162361
I see people shitting on medic here all the time but I don't know why. Sure, they're worthless for actual fighting but when your top row is confused and dying, it's your medic who fixes them.
>>
>>176180169
because you could use dancer and have the front row already cured
>>
>>176181048
Or you could die to it then wear the accessories.
>>
>>176180169
Dancer if buff slots permit it is a free Refresh/Unbind for 3 turns. Dancers and Arcanists can also double up as healers as well so the only real advantage medic has is the innate Revive and Stardrop.
>>
So EO3 is the best right?
>>
>>176185930
It's weird not seeing girl after best.
>>
Is that link for EO:V in OP's post in English, or is it JP?

So about a month ago I beat the main quest of EO2:U, was pretty satisfied with the whole story and cast. Haven't really been inspired to try post-game quests (mostly because the Thunder Lord or whatever is an asshat and wipes my party out 1/2 / 2/3rds of the way through the fight). Does postgame have anything that really stands out or is it alright to skip over it?

Is EO:IV worth checking out?
>>
>>176187958
I'm playing it right now and having a blast.
>>
>>176187958
EO4 is the easiest in the series but has the most interesting classes outside 5. It also has the worst dungeons too given how disjoint everything is.
>>
>>176163663
I'd rather just straight up lose a fight than to have a character die and not get exp
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2434x3237px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2434x3237px
Please god let me meet him.
>>
>>176161985
EO: Hexer because infliction formulas are shit
EOII: Landsknecht, Survivalist, Alchemist, Beast - pick your poison
EOIII: Farmer, Yggdroid
EOIV: Bushi, Medic
EOU: Survivalist
EO2U: Ronin
EOV: Fencer
>>
File: 1463940730801.png (322KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463940730801.png
322KB, 480x360px
>>176189534
>>
>>176187958
Aside from some bosses being annoying little shits the EO2U post-game is probably the easiest of them all.
The random encounters are so non-threatening it is sad.

However if you are playing story mode you won't get any events in the dungeon itself. Canonically they never visit Forbidden Woods but go after Fafnir blasting off.
But they do still have restaurant skits whenever they make a new recipe ans some of them are actually kind of nice.
>>
>>176189473
Sometimes they die on the last turn when your actions for killing the boss are already queued up.

Reset, rest or sometimes solo grinding are the only ways to get your XP bars synced up again.
EOV has an accessoire that gives you chump XP for walking so that might also be able to get your bars near even again.
>>
File: Fafnir_preach.png (413KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Fafnir_preach.png
413KB, 480x360px
>>176189620
>>
>>176189534
God is dead.
We killed him in EOII and EO2U.
>>
File: 54179666_p0.jpg (460KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
54179666_p0.jpg
460KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>176193712
No.
No male Rickys.
>>
File: 54173026_p0.jpg (136KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
54173026_p0.jpg
136KB, 850x478px
>>176193712
>>
I just want to cuddle with a kuudere sheep is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>176195183
I hear Wales and New Zealand are good places to look for that.
>>
>>176195708
Ah, I see you know where to go?
>>
>>176195894
Just fly there and follow the "baah"s.
>>
>>176167438
All or nothing.
Intermediate levels are designed for those who can't physically stand the max setting, but realistically those people will play with 3D off anyway.
>>
>>176196337
They will take me to the sheep god?
>>
>>176196337
>>
File: IMG_5192.jpg (134KB, 857x722px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5192.jpg
134KB, 857x722px
>>176189534
Delet sheep
>>
>>176189906
Specially the last cooking event. Anyway, you also get scenes for DLC quests.

>>176190748
>accessoire
Do we have that many Frenchmen here? That misspelling keeps reappearing.
>>
File: 29349067_p0.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
29349067_p0.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>176195183
Kuuderes really are the best, aren't they?
>>
>>176196506
New Super Mario Bros 2 also has a weird feature where the higher you push the 3D slider the blurrier the background becomes, so there's that.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2304x3072px
My sheep is a bit different.
>>
>>176172208
Is she okay?
>>
>>176198263
One nectar and she'll be good as new
>>
>>176197067
>Specially the last cooking event.
Was it just me or did Chloe sound kind of odd in that one. Like her VA no longer tried for a little girl voice and only read her lines normally.
Or maybe it was because she had to say so much at once...
>>
>>176180169
Medic has the same problem as bushi as is "picking it a subclass works better"
>>
>>176189584
>fencer
>worse than reaper
>>
>>176167438
I just turn it on for the effect, I never max it out.
>>
>>176202059
Reaper poison deletes random encounters, boss summons and deals pretty good damage on FOEs and bosses themselves.
>>
File: 30437778_p7.png (208KB, 600x547px) Image search: [Google]
30437778_p7.png
208KB, 600x547px
>>
>>176203701
4 girls and one guy, huh?
>>
Is there an EO fans vs EOU fans image?
>>
>>176123296
I'd much rather an SMT Q desu
>>
SMT and its spinoffs were a mistake
>>
File: EO.png (247KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
EO.png
247KB, 480x600px
>>176205592
>>
Should I recruit more than one character per class in EMD?
I have my four people in my party and four people at a fort - or can I put multiple groups in forts and they all get experience?
>>
>>176205856
Each fort can hold 4 characters
>>
>>176205941
If someone is stationed at the first dungeon and I am roaming the third dungeon do they still get XP?
>>
>>176205994
Yes
Forts just increase the amount of XP they get, characters all get XP in this game anyway even if they are benched
>>
>>176206059
So basically not maxing out my guild is just a waste of XP.
Thanks.
>>
Holy shit, Provoke seems broken in EMD.
Not only does it look like everyone is forced to attack the Protector, they also get a massive defense buff.

That's what Fortresses and Beasts dream about...
>>
>>176207751
protectors are super broken in emd
>>
File: Le_millenom_girl.jpg (19KB, 290x481px) Image search: [Google]
Le_millenom_girl.jpg
19KB, 290x481px
>>
>>176207751
Only because monsters seldom have area attacks. Wait for those rabbits that use something akin to galvanic rune and see provoke become exactly the same as taunt.
>>
File: EO belongs to storyfags now.png (2MB, 1280x1429px) Image search: [Google]
EO belongs to storyfags now.png
2MB, 1280x1429px
>>176204257
No, have this instead.
>>
So if Fire Bulbs kill themselves I do get XP but they don't count for the "kill Fire Bulbs with a solo Protector" quest.
Great.
>>
>>176209964
just come back later, unless burst skill is one of the "hit the whole room" ones it's useless
>>
Is the birthday stream actually confirmed?
>>
>>176210389
>officially mentioned in previous fatlus stream
gee i wonder
>>
>>176210502
what
>>
File: 1490528640756203.png (1MB, 867x490px) Image search: [Google]
1490528640756203.png
1MB, 867x490px
>>176210389
lad..
>>
>>176210298
Yeah, I'm planning to do that.
I just thought it was really poorly telegraphed.

It's one of two quests you can do in the second dungeon and since the other one calls for Runemaster it is very likely you will do that one first.
So you go in, kill three Bulbs come back and nothing - so you start trying to figure out why it didn't work. Should I not have talked with other adventurers? Or do I need to kill all of them on one level?
Since you have no experience with this kind of quest (as explained further up) your mind can wander to all kinds of reasons.
And because I got XP for Bulbs but not for the enemies that die in their blast the thought that the self destruct does not as a kill for me really did not cross my mind.

But thankfully we have the internet to look up stuff like that. Still a bit of a shame.
>>
>>176210536
Looks like an interesting anime but why does it have two male MCs?
Is that some Yaoi shit or are they just bros?
>>
>>176210818
It's a traditional MD shtick - unless you kill the monster yourself they don't count
>>
>>176211225
It's amazing how much bullshit gets chalked up us "tradition".
I mean, nothing (too) wrong with self-destructs not counting, but at least they should warn you.
>>
>>176211225
Welp, now I know.
I only ran the dungeon two times so it's not that bad.
And since Protectors seem to level slower than other classes it helped a bit actually.
>>
>>176211619
some pedantic demo would be gay, learn through experience
>>
>>176211720
Is that supposed to make sense?
>>
>>176211092
not everything has to be about sex you fucking goddamn vore scat necro loli pedo gay feet tickle guro homo excuse for a general
>>
>>176212967
someone pissed off the tranny
>>
>>176211619
They just didn't bother explaining here thinking sending the character solo would be enough, actual MD games. at least the vita ones warns you of that
>>
>>176212967
So they are just bros then? You could just have said so.
Damn manga readers getting all pissed off if someone doesn't know the source material...
>>
>>176214441
The other one is a girl too, so what the fuck is your problem
>>
If you haven't obtained all of a monster's drops in EMD, will they missing drops appear by their full name or as "??????" ?

By fooling around in the third dungeon I drove the DOE's there to extinction and I don't know if I should be careful with the ones in different dungeons.
>>
>>176215358
DOEs are just glorified enemies with annoying shield and which need to be dealt with, double amber surge rare breeds are way more dangerous
>>
>>176214613
I'm just bullshitting around.

But the one on the right is a woman? Just taking a glance I thought it was just a bishounen.

Btw. what does "MC" stand for? My mind jumped to "main character" which is most certainly not what it means.
That's how my original shitpost came to be.
>>
>>176215567
I mean careful with not driving them to extinction before obtaining all their drops.
For instance I have wrath bloom here with "scorched petal" as its third drop. I assume this scorched petal is its conditional drop but I don't know if I've obtained it yet. I'd look in the item almanac, but since the sorting there makes no fucking sense I don't think that's a viable solution for every DOE.
>>
EMD has quite a few blue haired women, doesn't it.
I approve - you can never have enough blue hair.
>>
Why can't I jump from town to the geomagnetic pole in stratum 2 in EO V? Or to any of the previous floors for that matter
>>
>>176217606
For the floors you need to show your completed maps to the bishounen prince for him to approve and then you get floor jump.

For the geomagnetic pole I don't know - you probably need the map of the 5th floor for that.
>>
>>176217694
Ah I see, thanks man
>>
Post your least fave portaits?
>>
File: 844913-beast_default.png (116KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
844913-beast_default.png
116KB, 320x320px
>>176217919
Bears are awesome - why do these have to look so derpy?
>>
>>176215958
You can't drive them to extinction, DOEs respawn infinitely, just go between the two floors until they do
>>
How was the brown Protector called? I remember a couple people mentioning a nickname for her in here. I need it.
>>
>>176218625
People call her Peach.
Because of her pink hair and because she is a Protector like Teach.
>>
>>176218770
That's the one. Thanks!
>>
>>176218616
They do not. They can be exhausted and won't come back until you tear down your forts and go back to town.
So I'd like to save myself that trouble whenever possible.
>>
>>176218952
don't sweat the drops in EMD
>>
File: eo4_portraits.jpg (671KB, 2114x1703px) Image search: [Google]
eo4_portraits.jpg
671KB, 2114x1703px
>>176217919
>>
>>176221338
this, also unironically
>>
>>176217919
>>
>>176218952
Like how many DOEs have you murdered, i killed like a dozen and they still kept torrenting in
>>
>>176219273
>5% drop from the dragons
I think you've just saved me a lot of grief.

>>176222991
All of them, apparently. I think it was about ten of them. It was the third dungeon anyway, so other dungeons might have more in store. Actually, there was a DOE there which I never encountered in the end, so I guess I should demolish those forts anyway.
>>
File: 3677695_p0.jpg (147KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
3677695_p0.jpg
147KB, 640x800px
>>
File: 31676840_p0.png (447KB, 810x1000px) Image search: [Google]
31676840_p0.png
447KB, 810x1000px
>>176217919
>>
File: 49141512_p0_master1200.jpg (368KB, 700x955px) Image search: [Google]
49141512_p0_master1200.jpg
368KB, 700x955px
>>176224951
>living with a taste this shit
>>
I need Dryad art
>>
File: man-spraying-herbicide-on-corn.jpg (182KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
man-spraying-herbicide-on-corn.jpg
182KB, 1000x662px
>>176225397
no
>>
>>176224570
Onee-chan Medic (fivehead edition)
>>
>>176225397
Plantgirls are the best monstergirls
But not that Monmusu bullshit, that was a disgrace to all plantgirls. Her design was more of a girl than a plant and I'm not about that life.
>>
>>176225397
>>
>>176226247
Yeah, this fucking thing. I hate her with a passion, and I didn't even think I could. But fuck her and everything she stands for, I will never acknowledge her as a real plant girl
You might think I'm taking this too seriously, and maybe I am.
Fuck her and the guy who made her.
>>
File: Sylvari-female.jpg (346KB, 2160x1274px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvari-female.jpg
346KB, 2160x1274px
>>176226158
?
>>
>autists are mad about lmao weed
>>
Why do people think EO2U is the best game when it is so obviously shit?
>>
>>176226550
I cannot make a character in GW2 who is not either sylvari or asura
>>
>>176226416
>Fuck her
I would (even though I mostly agree)...
>and the guy who made her.
Now that is taking it a bit far.
Many of his designs might be shit but he gave us Suu and made monstergirls widely accepted just by pure perverted passion.
This guy is an inspiration.
>>
>>176226638
>people with shit taste like shit game
Truly hard to connect the dots
>>
>>176226615
Really, it's just one autist, me. I know I'm alone in this.
No one will understand my love for plants, fuck.
>>
>>176226638
most QoL
massive class list lets you ignore those that underperform
Bertrand is an actually interesting character, Chloe is better written than expected (at least most of the time)
the stratums are pretty
Arianna is cute

I don't agree to it being the best but there are definitely a lot of things one can enjoy the game for.
>>
File: 2526075-8116662244-Venus.jpg (30KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
2526075-8116662244-Venus.jpg
30KB, 480x480px
>>176226416

>>176226743
His previous oneshots were better than that harem shit anyway.
>>
File: beb.png (270KB, 265x750px) Image search: [Google]
beb.png
270KB, 265x750px
>>176226843
>>
>>176227040
Harem shit sells, sadly. And it gets people talking in pretend waifu wars.

I enjoy 12 Beasts more than MonMusu and it does a good job rotating through girls.
Just adding to a harem makes things slow down to a crawl since all of them need to be kept relevent...
>>
>>176226743
I guess, I haven't even watched the show yet, desu, I just saw the design for the plant and kinda shut it down from my mind. But you understand where I'm coming from, at least a bit?
Have you been in /wsr/ lately? There was a request to color a plantgirl and it also looks fucking horrible >>311636
Make the plant first, then the girl.
I think other monstergirls are fine as they are with more human like features, so they don't look too much like furries.
>>
File: Sweet_Jail_-_01.jpg (50KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet_Jail_-_01.jpg
50KB, 533x400px
>>176226158
>Her design was more of a girl than a plant
Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>176227260
Then what you're asking for is some sort of plant furry, right? A barky for shorts.
>>
>>176227260
>desu
Fucking wordfilters, i didn't say that
>>
>>176227487
There is a line somewhere in my mind that I can't quite place, but Kii is just so far in the wrong side it hurts
>>
>>176227260
She looks like the fairy/artist chick from Pokemon SuMo with some leaves slapped at her.
Has some Adam and Eve vibe - but even Kupala is more of a plantgirl than her.
>>
>>176227684
She's also rooted to the ground.
>>
File: suu.jpg (242KB, 900x630px) Image search: [Google]
suu.jpg
242KB, 900x630px
>>176227260
The show is fun for as long as it lasts.
But the manga drags on a bit.
>>
File: 37379519.jpg (384KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
37379519.jpg
384KB, 720x900px
Remove salad.
>>
>>176226843
treehugger pls
>>
>>176227661
So what's your judgement on Sentinels?
>>
File: 1483987871097.jpg (155KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483987871097.jpg
155KB, 1200x1200px
>>176227684
>comparing some yggdrasil curse slut to artist waifu
>>
File: best_twig.png (675KB, 900x1100px) Image search: [Google]
best_twig.png
675KB, 900x1100px
>>176227661
>>176228869
Shit, I meant Vessels.
>>
>>176229002
Why is she even getting leaves slapped onto her? There are at least two requests for her in green over at /wsr/.
>>
File: 34806809_p0.jpg (258KB, 768x614px) Image search: [Google]
34806809_p0.jpg
258KB, 768x614px
>>176228869
bunny waifus never ever
>>176229034
>this
>best twig
no
>>
>>176229034
They're not too much like humans, so they're fine. I have an the same arcanist in my EOIV team
>>
>>176229591
>too much like humans
>pretty much a very malnourished human with pointed ears
>>
>>176229705
I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite there if I'm honest, they don't look like plants one bit. But I want to believe
>>
>>176229705
I can understand him.
They have different ears, different skin color and some accessories that make them more outlandish.

Most monstergirls are not that far from being human while still having some very distinct qualities.
>>
File: DYffds79dfs.png (190KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
DYffds79dfs.png
190KB, 400x240px
Remove plants
Like in no game ever plants ever did anything good
>>
>>176230179
There are often tasty fruit in the first stratum.
They sometimes even heal your TP.
>>
>>176226158
Her anime design looks more like cosplay than anything
>>
Teleporter floors are objectively bad game design
>>
>>176230436
Plantgirls are hard if you need to draw them over and over.
To make them feel planty you would need to go for a different kind of skin like GW2's Sylvari. But that isn't easy to draw.

With animals you can go for eyes, ears, horns, claws and sometimes patches of fur or scales which works if you mix it with human-like skin.
But plants don't have something like that.
Most people do is give them green skin and a flower in their hair and call it a day.
>>
>>176231042
Having more than 10 teleporters but only giving the player numbers from 0-9 is objectively retarded game design.
>>
>tfw I'm a casual and EOU2 and EO4 are my favorites because they're the casualest
It's not like I ever played on picnic or anything but going back to EO3 is just a downgrade in experience outside of the music
>>
>>176231564
So is the silent majority
>>
>>176231564
Actually playing on EO2U pcnic is a miserable insult no matter how casual you are.
EOU's Picnic could make for a casual playthrough but only just. Standard should be enough even in that case.

And yes, it's not surprising that a DS game can not hold up to a 3DS game in terms of QoL.
The DS games are still good games but you need to be able to stomach them properly.
>>
>>176231237
The sad truth. Someday I will draw the perfect plantgirl, mark my words...
>>
File: are_mushrooms_plants.png (246KB, 699x671px) Image search: [Google]
are_mushrooms_plants.png
246KB, 699x671px
>>176231973
>>
File: 6.jpg (570KB, 1280x1874px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
570KB, 1280x1874px
>>176232951
>>
>>176233506
Legend of the Meme Queen was amazing and cancer at the same time.
I wish there were more like it but I guess the novelty would run thin quickly.
>>
>>176231564
I think EOU on Standard is easier than EO2U on Standard.
Lowering the difficulty takes the edge out of most EOU encounters while the "do the right thing or I punish you" gimmick of EO2U does not get toned down that much.
>>
>>176233932
There was one other I read years ago, and it really brings you back to 2007
http://thedoujin.com/index.php/pages/988?Pages_page=32
>>
>just made it to stratum 4 in original etrian odyssey
Why is my enthusiasm destroyed
>>
>>176235714
You just made it there?
The torture is only about to begin.

I hope you like fighting FOEs. Lots and lots of FOEs.
>>
>>176235857
>immunize
I've beaten every foe and boss on the first try
>>
>>176236110
Oh, they aren't hard.
The emphasis was on lots and lots of them...
>>
>>176236110
>using immunize
>>
>>176236759
>not using immunize
>>
File: 59297391_p0_master1200.jpg (271KB, 669x971px) Image search: [Google]
59297391_p0_master1200.jpg
271KB, 669x971px
>you'll never milk a bunny
>>
>>176237010
>being so bad at RPGs you actively have to look up the most broken builds in order to succeed.
>>
File: Malk.jpg (36KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Malk.jpg
36KB, 512x384px
>>176238063
>>
>>176238549
>actually using skills is bad, mkay
>>
>>176238549
>look up
Because Immunize is the most obscure tactic there ever was in EO.
It's such a meme at this point even people that don't know what an Etrian Odyssey is have heard how broken Immunize is.
>>
File: 20170508_181801.jpg (202KB, 693x664px) Image search: [Google]
20170508_181801.jpg
202KB, 693x664px
>>176238063
>you'll never be milked by a bunny
>>
File: 1493114200404.png (327KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
1493114200404.png
327KB, 500x439px
>>176240062
>no source
>>
>>176204701
Then let's hope Persona 5 doing well translates to SMT games doing well too.
>>
File: tasty bunny girl.jpg (22KB, 362x287px) Image search: [Google]
tasty bunny girl.jpg
22KB, 362x287px
>>176240062
>>176238063
>>
File: mad fang.png (143KB, 571x522px) Image search: [Google]
mad fang.png
143KB, 571x522px
>>176240779
delet this
>>
>>176240485
Last time the source was posted it had some... interesting reactions.
>>
>>176240876
>Last time the source was posted
literally where
>>
>>176240876
Does cause panic status?
>>
>>176240876
sauce is artist cg tab on sadpanda
>>
>>176240978
The way it's drawn and the way the anon worded it I'm sure its the scat thing from xpanda.
>>
>>176241029
No, but it binds your hands.
>>
>>176241197
>scat
this again
>>
>>176241029
It caused the scat discussion ailment.
>>
>>176241324
Having an ass that big is unbefitting for a princess, no wonder her family sent her to die.
>>
File: ar.jpg (237KB, 452x392px) Image search: [Google]
ar.jpg
237KB, 452x392px
>>176241935
>not liking cute girls with big asses
What a fag
>>
>>176238549
>What kind of casual uses optimal builds? I play every RPG with all physical mage team.
>>
You know what a cool class would be, an analyzer.
They use a skill that tell you what kind of attack the enemy will use next turn.
>>
>>176244137
That's the swingiest skill ever.
If you have stuff like Barrier and the Walls, it makes every boss a complete joke.
If you only have stuff like Material Guard you are fighting with four people in order to prevent recovery turns after guessing wrong.

It's like Dark Ether spam, leaving you short-handed to ignore a game mechanic you should build your team around.
>>
>>176238705
>>176239762
>>176242557
Why am I not surprised EO general is filled with shitters?
>>
>>176241935
>Having an ass that big
On what planet is that a big butt?
>>
File: 5653_p0.jpg (20KB, 199x363px) Image search: [Google]
5653_p0.jpg
20KB, 199x363px
>>176246264
ireland
>>
I just learned why EOII and EOIII never made it to Europe - they actually localised EO into different languages instead of simply giving the NA version to everyone.
It certainly was a different time back then...

Nowadays they don't even manage to localize EOV into English.
>>
File: royal ass.jpg (105KB, 350x419px) Image search: [Google]
royal ass.jpg
105KB, 350x419px
>>176246264
Looks pretty big and soft to me.
>>
>>176248062
Maybe it's because I'm an Americlap but that ass is tiny.
>>
File: 1490642318741.png (341KB, 595x462px) Image search: [Google]
1490642318741.png
341KB, 595x462px
>>176248152
Sorry, Arianna is an actual girl and not 400 pound tumblr SJW the average burger """woman""" is
>>
>>176248371
No need to project so hard lad. Japan has always had a problem with drawing decent sized butts.
>>
>>176248545
>massive tits
>asses so tiny you barely see them
That's what happens if you get influenced by western media but still call any women not anorexic fat.
>>
>>176248545
Well how would they know if a big percentage of japs are sticks?
>>
>>176249160
They can easily google it.
>>
>>176249218
wew
>>
>>176248545
The future looks bright.
>>
File: 1485212264280.jpg (86KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485212264280.jpg
86KB, 640x640px
>>176249218
It seems strange to me, even if it is extremely rare there are Asian girls out there with junk in the trunk.
>>
>>176249339
>worst android butt
not really
>>
Where do people get their eo fix while waiting for V? I dont want to gimp myself by playing in jap.
>>
>protect a couple of royal kids
>found a new city together with them
>your name becomes part of the city's name
>create a guild to protect the new city
>nobody can be assed to remember your name
>even those two kids call you "guildmaster" now
>>
>>176251021
Doubt he want to associate with an apocalyptic shithole where everything dies from heat, half-invincible monsters can wreck shit in any second and said royal kids still being targets for hitmen (and let's don't even mention like half this fucking town is fugitives as well)
>>
... Oh no!
>>
File: meiq.jpg (45KB, 604x342px) Image search: [Google]
meiq.jpg
45KB, 604x342px
>>176250757
I've been playing some Vita crawlers. I hope there's no correlation between the size of boobs and the quality of dungeon crawlers because this game is ass.
>>
>>176252620
>vita
>the game is ass
wow that was unexpected
>>
>>176252852
Dungeon Travelers 2 was pretty good. That's the only positive thing I can say about the Vita library and that game is a port.
>>
File: vomitsuki.jpg (279KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vomitsuki.jpg
279KB, 1000x1000px
>>176253110
>Dungeon Travelers 2
>good
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 960x1032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 960x1032px
>straight
>>
>>176253424
NO
MORE
GAYS
>>
>>176246165
>shitters

ehehehehe
>>
>>176253424
>applefag is an actual fag
pottery in its finest
>>
File: pixiv35067050.jpg (761KB, 800x1018px) Image search: [Google]
pixiv35067050.jpg
761KB, 800x1018px
>>176253376
No, pretty good, as in an exceptional amount of goodness.
>>
>>176254094
Maybe if you have some fucking terrible taste (but you are if you like vita). I can't believe it's made by fucking Sting of all companies, i'm still beyond mad.
>>
>>176250757
SMT
>>
Hey guys, would you recommend Untold maiden of the millennium for a first timer?

I played 4 for a very little bit but i hated the loli artstyle.
>>
>>176254906
>hated the loli artstyle.
>wants to play eo
booooi
>>
>>176254906
Why not. Also, EO4 has the worst portraits ever, so I understand you. It doesn't even have to do with lolis, it's just that they're fucking ugly or plain looking lolis.
>>
>>176255096
>EO4 has the worst portraits ever
this meme again
>>
Basically im just wondering what the most normie EO is.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 480x712px
>>176253846
I like Nene aswell.
>>
>>176254239
>(but you are if you like vita)
Marry your 3DS, will ya?
>>
>>176255508
It's true though.
>>
>>176255529
Persona Q.
>>
>>176254906
If you don't like lolis, this series isn't for you
>>
File: 1491004138458.jpg (56KB, 303x317px) Image search: [Google]
1491004138458.jpg
56KB, 303x317px
>>176255529
>normie EO
EO3
>>176255703
off yourself like right now
>>176255826
It's not
>>
File: 1464212184921.jpg (275KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1464212184921.jpg
275KB, 650x650px
>>176255096
>EO4 has the worst portraits ever
I mean, sure, if you have shit taste.
>>
File: 1462989451970.jpg (3MB, 3303x2042px) Image search: [Google]
1462989451970.jpg
3MB, 3303x2042px
>>176255529
EOV
>>
>>176255976
I'm still amazed at how great generic human's simplicity looks amidst that maelstrom of boobs and fetish points.
>>
>>176256180
>boring humanfag
That's why neVer eVer
>>
>>176256250
Not my fault that the best design in the game was used for a generic portrait in a boring pose.
>>
File: 1445916100385.jpg (136KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1445916100385.jpg
136KB, 1024x768px
>>176256250
>consorting with knife ears or beasts
>>
>>176256180
EOIV innkeeper's daughter.
>>
>>176256449
Young Hannah.
>>
File: few am radio stations.jpg (157KB, 480x459px) Image search: [Google]
few am radio stations.jpg
157KB, 480x459px
>>176256418
>not liking elf sluts of bunny waifus
>>
>>176256554
Who?
>>
File: 097_094.jpg (129KB, 734x1534px) Image search: [Google]
097_094.jpg
129KB, 734x1534px
>>176256449
>Janetta is a refurbished proto-Dahlia
>>
>>176256619
>and a few am radio stations

every time
>>
File: 00194.jpg (338KB, 1280x1812px) Image search: [Google]
00194.jpg
338KB, 1280x1812px
>>176256863
looks like ricky
>>
File: anelace cute.jpg (80KB, 586x170px) Image search: [Google]
anelace cute.jpg
80KB, 586x170px
>>176256863

Holy shit what a qt.
>>
only played EO4 should i pirate EOU first before EOU2
>>
In story mode are you getting five real characters or just premade characters from the CaC?
>>
>>176258482
They dialogues and "personalities".
>>
>>176256863
>ポメラニアン
Himukai has been spending too much time with Shigatake.
You think they fap to furry art together?
>>
>>176255976
can I use those "neutral" portraits for guild members or is that strictly for race selection?
>>
>Download Untold 2
>15 minutes of dlc notifications
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2435x1557px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2435x1557px
>>176259275
You can use them but they have no pallete swap for whatever reason.
I actually use generic lunarian girl as my Necromancer because all necromancers are over designed.
And she seems like an exetreme tsundere.
>>
>>176256449
The older fort already does that.
>>
>>176254239
Sting hasn't made a good game in over a decade. The days of Baroque and Riviera are long past.
>>
Jenetta is Himukai's masterpiece.
Give me my bunny waifus, Atlus.
>>
File: C4YiVn6WAAEEpKh.jpg (33KB, 554x548px) Image search: [Google]
C4YiVn6WAAEEpKh.jpg
33KB, 554x548px
>>176265703

[dumb bunny noises]
>>
>>176265703
Atlus is too busy with dlc for the fighting game and p5, and apparently they are going full fucking Switch Mode

You are officially allowed to have 12 days of hope before giving up
>>
>>176266521
>full fucking Switch Mode
>only announced one game
>it runs on Unreal 4
Riiiiiight.
>>
>>176267025
Could be open world SMT
>>
File: 57776823_p0.jpg (993KB, 1075x1518px) Image search: [Google]
57776823_p0.jpg
993KB, 1075x1518px
>>
>>176270439
I want to rub the fluffy ears
>>
File: 49231896_p10_master1200.jpg (488KB, 1023x1200px) Image search: [Google]
49231896_p10_master1200.jpg
488KB, 1023x1200px
>>
>>176129750
Oh god, it really has been that long.
>>
>>176273360
>Frederica
Who?
>>
File: 1494181912981b.jpg (65KB, 230x240px) Image search: [Google]
1494181912981b.jpg
65KB, 230x240px
>>176137929
More than one little mistake; you forgot to draw her mouth!
>>
File: i-119.png (80KB, 223x223px) Image search: [Google]
i-119.png
80KB, 223x223px
>>176273751
>>
>got that itch again
>wanna replay eo1u story mode
Black protector with lots of dodge/tp refund grimoires
blonde dark hunter built for sex and gunner stuff
sarashi ronin with physical/magic fang attacks and gunner stuff
troubadour with medic grimoires
hexer with shit tons of monster grimoires and gunner stuff

should i?
>>
File: sm3_108.png (40KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
sm3_108.png
40KB, 256x192px
>counters
>>
Does anyone else think Monhun and EO are extremely similar?
>>
>>176274434
Other than conditional drops to unlock equipment no, not really. I'd play an EO hunting game though.
>>
>>176249339
>>176249358
Just compare these two - 2B HAS an ass but I don't know why everyone treats it like and amazing set of buttocks.
It's still very much middling at best.
>>
>>176256678
Hannah is the EOII/EO2U innkeeper, the mother of Quona.
>>
>>176257991
EOU is easier on standard than EO2U while it's the other way around.
EOU encounters, FOEs and bosses just give you a good straight beating and try to kill you outright so lowering the difficulty makes then into tame little monsters.
EO2U has a fetish for punishing you for doing things wrong which means it can still wipe you out of nowhere on Standard while its predictability makes it easier to handle on expert.

EO2U has more QoL than EOU of course.
>>
>>176265703
>>176270439
Do you think the default Masurao is Genetta's sister?
>>
>>176274295
>story mode
>an entirely original party
What?
>>
>>176278535
whups.
>>
It's not happening is it bros.
>>
>>176278823
It isn't.
But hey, May 15th is the US anniversary for EO.
I'm sure Atlus USA will have something to say and not ignore it entirely... haha... right?
>>
>>176278968
>Atlus USA
>giving a shit about anything not Persona related
>>
>>176278823
It's happening bros
I'm gonna marry Nene
>>
>>176279890
Congratulations.
Post pics of your ceremony.
>>
File: image.jpg (187KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 1920x1080px
>>176279890
>>
>>176281059
Why would you reclass Nene into a Dragoon instead of just taking a superior portrait in the first place?
>>
>>176277517
Probably because it's not oversized.
>>
>>176278968
I wonder whose title are they going to localize.
>>
>playing pQ
>everything melts
jesus christ naoto, what the hell are you doing to the game's balance?
>>
>>176284517
They had to make up for her being absolutely useless in P4.
>>
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201705/09132688.html
not much to really talk about. subclassing exists.
>>
>>176284517
Does passives stack, like if i have sword breaker on aigis, and another on her subpersona, and another on a character on her line?
>>
>>176285001
Not much of a surprise since the skill tree window already showed a tiny "main" in previous screenshots.
>>
>>176285001
So it's really completely substituting EO3U.
Looking forward to that Abyssal God fight with a full farmer party.
>>
File: dojima.jpg (3KB, 109x125px) Image search: [Google]
dojima.jpg
3KB, 109x125px
>>176285001
>Runemaster/Alchemist
>Alchemist/Runemaster
>>
>>176125154
>Never you will see to Ricky getting mutilated by the Labyrinth's wickedness
I hope see EOVI someday too :(
>>
Guys, guys, what if at the stream on 5/20 they anounce neither PQ2 nor EO3U but instead they just show gameplay of how cool DOEs are in EMD2?
>>
>>176286934
My spirit is broken, I no longer have the energy to be angry.
>>
>>176285001
But sadly it looks like there is no dual wielding.
>>
I like some of EMD's arranges, but who thought it was a good idea to place boss/FOE themes as exploration BGM?
>>
File: Chucklefuck.png (115KB, 276x230px) Image search: [Google]
Chucklefuck.png
115KB, 276x230px
>>176273751
kek
>>
How do I get rid of a DOE on an F1? Do I just have to fight it and hope?
>>
>>176289203
well I just beat it but I don't understand, I was doing 1 damage with everything for ages then suddenly I started doing normal damage and it died. The end.
>>
>>176289468
Darwin was wrong after all.
>>
>>176289609
This is a bully free zone!
>>
>>176289468
They need ailments/debuffs/lockdown in general to take actual damage. If you have nothing else throw Sigils and hope.
>>
>>176289825
Ah, must have been when my leg bind stuck from Gunner. Is that true for all DOEs all the time?
>>
>>176289943
Yes - that's why having a Hexer in your fort is a major help.
>>
>>176289986
So you plant forts where the path narrows and leave an FOE team there while you plant a search fort further down for when you need to head back?
>>
>>176290047
That's the safe way - although a bit expensive for a while.
>>
File: image.jpg (377KB, 1031x922px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
377KB, 1031x922px
Nene is bene
>>
>>176290761
I hate genki girls but there is something special about Nene.
Maybe it's her skin tight outfit and her small breasts in a sea of cowtits.
>>
>>176288087
They probably just hold a vote what the most liked EO tracks are and remixed all of them into dungeon themes.
>>
>>176293175
Fuck their direction then. MD's gameplay is quite exhausting by itself, being forced to hear tense and energetic themes for hours doesn't help.
>>
>>176291918
Special as in special olympics
>>
>>176274434
Does anyone think Call of Duty and EO are extremely similar?
Does anyone think Mario Cart 8 and EO are extremely similar?
Does anyone think Street Fighter 5 and EO are extremely similar?
No no one ever does retard, i'm amazed how you fucks can think up shitposts this stupid, desperation got too hard seemingly.
>>
>>176262470
>pretending the entirety of Dept. Heaven is not great
>>
>>176294303
>Does anyone think Mario Cart 8 and EO are extremely similar?
I mean, the thunderbolt and ambushes are pretty similar. So are the blue shell and being cornered by a FOE.
>>
>>176289943
Yes
And bigger DOEs that take 3x3 grid need two effects to break their shield which makes landsharks like mandatory for fighting these - put a link and bind on them then explode their ass into oblivion
>>
>>176294384
Gungnir was just okay and even that was 6 years ago new. The only games they've made since are dungeon travellers and Idea Fuck rubbish.
>>
>>176294953
>just okay
It's not, only bad things there are shitty difficulty descriptions and weird system of acquiring gear
>>
>>176294783
Are you sure it's just two? I'd swear I've had to use three for some of these assholes. Thankfully hexer has no shortage of ailments and binds.
>>
>>176295494
Absolutely sure link+bind was enough to remove the shield off anything pre-postgame, never bothered with postgame
>>
>>176293568
Nene would be good at the special olympics if you stack enough AGI on her.
>>
>>176285001
Is that EOIII or EOIV style sub-classing?
Because if it is EOIII style the day of revenge for the Princess has come.

Their class passive was useless in EOIII.
But with how often you fight in EMD and how spammy the AI is getting fed an assload of TP is pretty great for many classes.

Similar for Protector - if they keep their Fortress passive and their broken Provoke they can now pick up Links and Breaks from Landsknecht to turn into monsters.
>>
>>176285001
why did they use lands from IV?
>>
>>176298353
Because they are the best
>>
>>176298353
Other classes also have a lot from that game.
Protectors have the Fortress passive, their Provoke is super strong and they have a skill that allows them to take hits for allies (although that could be a Bravery's Gift knockoff).

Medics are also taken straight from EOIV with Group Therapy, Auto-Heal, Auto-Revive and Stardrop (and the entire rest of their kit).
>>
>>176298353
Because links are cool and bandanashark is best shark.
Etria landsharks are very bland in terms of gameplay.

>>176298939
Rather, protectors outright have the fortress skill tree. Even elemental walls work like a party buff, which is what several of fortress' skills did.
But well, can't have an EO spin-off without Teach and her lackey, right? I would have loved to have megane over mediko

In the end it's a matter of representation. As of now, hte breakdown between both EMD is like this
EO1/2: 4 (+1)
EO3: 2 (+3)
EO4: 3
EO5: 0
Original: 1 (+1)

Switching some class from EO4 to EO1 would have given itt too much representation whereas the opposite would have made even less sense (EO4 getting more classes than the two original games?).
With EMD2 they've kicked reason to the curve in favor of reminding you of Armoroad and EO5 is fucked because that way Atlus USA can localize it while they keep ignoring EO5 or because they do care about lore and there's that little detail about EO5 being set on a different planet and having all those non-humans. They HAVE been ignoring beasts, yggdroids, sentinels and vessels so far
>>
>>176299965
>>176298939
if they use EO1 portraits with IV skills for the other classes, they can do so with land
>>
>>176300468
And then you would have half of the classes in the game being from EO2, that's not fair.
>>
>>176300468
>use worse portraits because my autism demands it
>>
>>176299965
Etrian Landsharks would have contributed an area attack but that's pretty much where it ends.
Especially axes with their different flavors of hitteng an enemy very hard would have been boring.

Protectors still have a lot of Protector stuff.
Their attack skills are shield bashes instead of mace skills for one thing.
The Walls may have been reworked but giving protection to a specific element is still Protector territory.
If anything they are the only class that is a proper mix of EO and EOIV.

And while I am ok with Medico (because really - she was expected to be there) they have taken the worst male Medic portrait.
The other Etrian one looks way more energetic while both trap Medic and Scruffy from EOIV have more personality in general.
>>
Holy shit, the fucking beetles on the first floors of the original EO can take a beating.
I guess they really wanted you to use an Alchemist, didn't they?
>>
>>176302839
you can get troubadour elemental imbues early on
>>
>>176302882
Song Mastery 5 and Bravery 3 - well it's not that early but I think i will go for it.
Especially since it seems to straight up double your normal attack damage. That is pretty nuts.
>>
So deer are both a random encounter and a FOE on the 2nd floor of EO?
I guess it makes more sense that especially strong monster become FOEs instead of them just being born that way like the baby deer in EOIV.
>>
>plan the shortest route possible to the dungeon boss
>pick up and spend resources to get there safely
>find 3 monster houses and 4 summon traps in the way
I fucking hate RNG-based gameplay
>>
>>176305090
>So deer are both a random encounter and a FOE on the 2nd floor of EO?
what?
>>
>>176305504
Deer also exist as normal enemy watered down version
>>
>>176305805
when? because there is no deers in the second floor.
>>
>>176305504
>>176305504
In the original EO there are two types of deer and I encountered both of them on the second floor.
The FOEs are Ragelopes with your normal deer stuff.
And the random encounter deer are called Fender and can only boost their speed and normal attack (although they hit like a truck).
>>
>>176305409
Who wants to plan things if you can just role a dice - that's gameplay, right?
>>
>>176285001
>emd2 has subclassing
>emd3 will have grimoires
The future is bright.
>>
Whos getting pic related? Is about time i get my hands on a new crawler while i wait for neverever EO5 burger edition
>>
File: eog invades crawlergen.gif (2MB, 370x208px) Image search: [Google]
eog invades crawlergen.gif
2MB, 370x208px
>>176310842
>tfw classic mode still has shit character design

i mean fucking seriously, do the developers gives out some pen and paper to their toddlers to draw ideas something? music also is looking better than the first one
>>
>>176310842
people with shit taste
>>
>>176311501
>Implaying you have any taste in crawler

Prove me wrong without memes or pure autism. Hardmode: Not be predictable with EO
>>
>>176310842
Not sure - I would first need to play through the first one.

Question: Will I get decent defensive abilities? Until now it looks like the tank class is just there and hopes to get attacked, which is a bummer.
>>
>>176312373
Not sure if they fixed that on the new game or if tanks are now actual tanks. Have to check the nip wiki for that
>>
>>176312373
>the tank class is just there and hopes to get attacked
Aegis.
>>
>>176294303
>Does anyone think Call of Duty and EO are extremely similar?
Boy do I
>>
>>176313442
Level 14, right.
That's a bit further than I currently am.

I heard you are limited to level 15 at the beginning - will that be a big issue that forces me to change blood or waste massive amounts of XP?
>>
>>176313921
Operation Abyss was originally two games released for PC, so until you beat the first part you can't level up past 15. It doesn't really matter if you hit the cap because the game is piss easy anyway and you carry nothing from one blood code to another.
>>
>>176314538
Not even spells?
I thought I read somewhere you get to keep like half your spell slots.

But when I keep nothing then I won't need to think about good combinations so that's a plus.
>>
>>176314903
I think you can use spells from more than one class in Babel but in Abyss changing blood is basically the same as creating another character.
>>
>>176315174
Ah ok.
Makes the character system a bit less deep but also means I have less to worry about - since making my characters weak again just to grind them up to a usable level sounds kind of tedious. Especially with gear being bound to level.
>>
Playing Etrian Odyssey in German is so strange.
Why is Shilleka called "Aicha"?
How are you even supposed to say that with a German pronounciation?

Also notes have like 22 spaces to use - is that normal?
>>
File: 46308131_p3_master1200.jpg (86KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
46308131_p3_master1200.jpg
86KB, 300x300px
>>
>>176311110
Classic mode is the one where everyone looks like made buy a RPG-maker character creator?
Or is it the one with the overdesigned battle outfits and half of the highschool girls clearly being at least in their mid 20s while others are barely 12?
>>
When do i get access to skill cards? I what to stack power charge, tarukaja, death's scythe, orgia mode, guillotine, with rakunda, moondrop, bloody vanguard already.
>>
>>176313784
It will deal like 25 damage tops.
>>
>>176322017
Also, are there any skills that works to make use of the cooldown of aigis' orgia mode, like an attack that skips your next turn?
>>
Even non-FOE deer hurt like hell.
I need to remove them all.
>>
eo3u FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>176325369
Not soon enough
>>
>>176325369
Ne3er e3er
>>
>>176325369
May 20th would be the most likely chance to hear something about it.
But I don't think it will come anytime soon, if at all.

One team is busy with Deep Strange Journey, they said something about another SMT game and they are pretty much bound to try and ride the success of Persona 5.

And with how EO is currently getting treated by AtlusUSA it would probably never come to the west anyways.
>>
"Go out there and kill woodflies until I say stop" is an interesting quest for EO only because you don't see them that often nowadays.
Usually it's either gather stuff or kill a rather small amount of stuff - unless you are in a competition that is.
>>
>>176328513
Or not "until I say stop".
Either I managed to skip the prompt by button mashing or I did not get informed that I had killed enough stuff.

Well, after a day of senseless slaughter the quests was done anyways...
>>
Playing U1. This is my party
R/DH/_
T(medic grimores)/H(alchemist grimores)
Which one should fill the slot? Protector or Landsknecht?
>>
>>176331448
Expert or Standard?

On Expert you definitely want a Protector - Ronin and Dark Hunter will explode regularely without Front Guard.
>>
So im playing Persona Q with Kanji, Aigis, Chie, Anime Jesus, and Naoto. Chie has been turned into a chainer but is there anyone batter at thsi role? I have to stick a agi<->luck ring on her to have her go before kanji and aigis so they can set up a burst for links, fatal ends, and shinkuuha after back row mc pokes with teardrop and bloody vanguard. Naoto is there for hama/mudo wipes, circles and binds. I think I need to revert her all the way back to an incubus cause Im not finding any new personas with poison slice and impure reach.
>>
>>176331448
If you still have a non-essential slot on your Hexer's Grimoire and a Salve lying aound - they are better at straight healing than Troubadour.
Troubadour is fast but their TEC is middling. So while they can Revive, Refresh and Unbind just fine, their Salves will often not be that great (Cure has better modifiers so I think it should be enough for everyone except maybe your Protector).
Having a second source of healing can be helpful (especially if they heal more than the primary source).
>>
>>176332279
Best natural AGI + STR is Akihiko. If AGI is a problem on anyone you can always use Rise to have them go first. Poison Slice only comes on that one early game persona, sadly, but you can get AoE poison (poison breath iirc) pretty easily if you don't mind the TP cost versus poison slice's super cheap HP cost.
>>
>>176332279
Kanji can use his Roar to act first for a few turns which makes for easy link set-ups.
For the later in the game (when physical strength starts to get maxed out) Aigis makes a good Linker since Orga-Mode straight up doubles her damage wihtout using a buff-slot.
But that is at the point of the game when you start stacking as much stuff as possible to get one massive hit (which get repeated and multiplied with every new Link procc).
>>
>>176332808
what the hell? how is poison slice a low level persona exclusive? That seems pretty bullshit but it did help me eat through FOEs like butter. Poison slice can go I guess but please tell me impure reach is still accessible later on, i tried proccing without it and its fucking bullshit. Turdak is neat but he filled out too quick. Im worried how far he can take me.
>>
>>176331825
Protector then. Maybe I can give her some attack grimores

>>176332565
Didn't think of that, thanks
>>
File: I dunno I'm a fucking clown man.gif (13KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
I dunno I'm a fucking clown man.gif
13KB, 184x184px
>>176285001
If this isn't trying to build up hype for EO3U then I don't know what is.
>>
>>176320592
Rpg maker kind. Tho even those are better desu
>>
File: EOU3 FemFafnir.jpg (162KB, 1826x1035px) Image search: [Google]
EOU3 FemFafnir.jpg
162KB, 1826x1035px
>>176325369
Soon. We already have concept art for the female Fafnir
>>
>>176336078
That's not how I pictured a female Fafnir.
>>
File: puking.jpg (44KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
puking.jpg
44KB, 350x280px
>>176336078
>>176336243
>>
File: smug.jpg (214KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
214KB, 1440x810px
>>176336593
I have spotted the massive faggot!
>>
>>176336723
>unironically posting that cosplay tier trash
>>
>>176336723
I miss when Shinbo still went bonkers with visuals.
>>
>>176336941
>Shinbo
Fuck. Oonuma Shin.
>>
>>176336814
I guess you rather go for the full furry type? Faggot
>>176337060
You and i both
>>
>>176336814
>shitting on monstergirls

Holy shit. How big of a kek are you?
>>
>>176336078
Look at that mouth. Looks like a blowup doll.
>>
File: get away.png (332KB, 643x480px) Image search: [Google]
get away.png
332KB, 643x480px
>>176337703
>>176337843
>either of those
>monster girl
Fucking vanilla niggers.
>>
>>176336078
That look like a trash game, I meant a vita game.
>>
>>176336723
>not liking shit tier animu drawings makes you a faggot
vitard: the post
>>
>>176338269
You arent even trying to shitpost. Is everything okay?
>>176338346
Are we talking about Etrian or what? Also
>wanting to start an autism war with le vituh boogieman
Shitposter ahoy
>>
>>176338269
Among the worst shit I've played on Vita although it's on Steam now too
But some of the desings were cute. I was particularly fond of that Fafnir.
>>
File: IM GONNA DO IT.png (97KB, 542x508px) Image search: [Google]
IM GONNA DO IT.png
97KB, 542x508px
>>176338346
>shit tier animu drawings
>while okaying Anime Odyssey: Loli edition

okay i have to call out your bullshit shitpost anon. One is a cow and the other is a plank. Both animu shit.

I mean everyone knows ricky is a shit cuz she flat
>>
>>176338495
>You arent even trying to shitpost. Is everything okay?
I'm not shitposting, just an opinion, if you don't like it, I can't do shit about it
>>
>>176338747
>biased opinion because is not Etrian

Dont lie to yourself anon. Because if that imaga was from a EO game you would be sucking its dick
>>
>>176338859
Not with that artstyle, I would not.
>>
File: 1470859491098.png (194KB, 476x662px) Image search: [Google]
1470859491098.png
194KB, 476x662px
>>176338739
>shit cuz she flat
Take that back, you criminal scum. Flat has nothing to do with her being shit.
>>
File: 1470334921857.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470334921857.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>176339139
>posting a literal washing board instead of supierior big boob unit

Lmaoing at your life. Posting supierior boobs
>>
File: 1494023047983.jpg (344KB, 2000x2129px) Image search: [Google]
1494023047983.jpg
344KB, 2000x2129px
>>176339139
>>176338739
Time to die faggots
>>
File: 1434747899860.jpg (353KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1434747899860.jpg
353KB, 600x1000px
>>176339470
Give it up you flat piece of shit. Not even highlander would touch you with a 10 foot speer. Bow down to your boob queen of runic arts
>>
>>176339126
I wonder what sorts of mental gymnastics you guys will pull when they change the art direction for EO6 on the switch
>>
File: 1493672476297.jpg (132KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493672476297.jpg
132KB, 500x500px
>>176339634
>boring slut only himukai cares about
You're not any better
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (268KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
268KB, 1280x720px
>>176339875
>I wonder what sorts of mental gymnastics you guys will pull when they change the art direction for EO6 on the switch
>>
>>176339875
>EO6
you mean EO 2020
>>
>>176340056
>cant use TV and touch screen at the same time
>switch has touch screen but not the room for a map
cmon man
>>
>>176340182
Dont toy with me fucko. 2020 was the shit and would love to see a EO x 7th D
>>176340056
Lel
>>
File: 1443143706505.jpg (101KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1443143706505.jpg
101KB, 450x600px
>>176340023
Good taste but let me top that
>>
>>176340403
more like the SHIT
>>
File: 10015442.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10015442.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
>blonde zodiac

shoo
>>
>>176340194
The controllers have pointers so there's that. And Switch already has a touchscreen only game.
>>
File: 7th.Dragon.full.127156.jpg (565KB, 1300x650px) Image search: [Google]
7th.Dragon.full.127156.jpg
565KB, 1300x650px
>>176340892
Pure heresy to even shit on 7th dragon. Dont even dare go there you filthy heretic.
>>
Everybody knows that Noora is Himukai's magnum opus.
>>
File: 1439811285336.jpg (235KB, 564x544px) Image search: [Google]
1439811285336.jpg
235KB, 564x544px
>>176340957
No bully to blond Zoc. Blond is perfect
>>
File: 3603600_p0.png (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
3603600_p0.png
56KB, 300x300px
>>176341031
No one is shitting on an actually good one, 2020/vfd is a fucking heresy and should be retconned and forgotten
>>
>>176341134
literally who
>>
>>176340998
Atlus is ganna have to pull a rabbit outta their ass if EO is to ever come to the switch.

Both bottom and top screens have more screenspace than the switches screen
>>
File: 58971312_p0_master1200.jpg (299KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
58971312_p0_master1200.jpg
299KB, 600x900px
>>176341728
>pull a rabbit outta their ass
>>
>>176341728
>have cable from dock to screen
>EO on TV
>map and inventory on tablet
EVERYBODY WINS
>>
>>176341031
>>176341495
>Liking 7th Damage Tile
>>
File: 59832950_p0.jpg (147KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
59832950_p0.jpg
147KB, 800x552px
>>176342469
>le damage tile meme
>>
File: 107.jpg (301KB, 1280x1839px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
301KB, 1280x1839px
>>176340403
I want a first person dungeon crawler 7th Dragon with 7 areas and a shadow stratum postgame with buffed up versions of the first 7 bosses
>>
Overlord did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>176343567
Overlord did literally everything wrong
>>
>>176343567
>>176343714
Are we still talking about EO or I'm just playing too much BroodWar that I'm reading this weird shit.
>>
>>176344094
>still playing brood war
>>
>>176343567
He had a good idea but executed it terribly.
>>
>>176344198
They made it free a while ago. And it's better than SC2
>>
>>176341495
2020 is better than the first game desu
none of the series is above 6/10 though
>>
File: 5025376_p0.jpg (143KB, 627x885px) Image search: [Google]
5025376_p0.jpg
143KB, 627x885px
>>176344328
It has been what, 15 years? Aren't you tired playing exactly the same shit for all this time?
>>176344405
Nice completely wrong opinion faggot
>>
File: 1489602967926.png (132KB, 550x408px) Image search: [Google]
1489602967926.png
132KB, 550x408px
>>
>>176344568
Quality games never get old
>>
>>176345460
Cute girls.
>>
>>176344328
>better than SC2

If all you care about is the story.
>>
File: CZwYODUWcAAobOc.jpg (50KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
CZwYODUWcAAobOc.jpg
50KB, 400x400px
So, I've beat EO3, 4 and U1. I also did the postgame on those three, and beat U2 last year.

I don't exactly know why, but I haven't done the postgame on U2 yet. I love the game but hate the bosses, but I can't play anything else because it feels wrong to leave the postgame unattended.

The thing is, I can't fucking remember shit. I feel lost, don't know much about my builds, so I wanna start my party over from scratch. What is the most stupidly broken party ever for the postgame in the expert? Oh, and no Fafnir, I only beat Classic.
>>
>>176346523
>No Fafnir
Dark Hunter then
>>
>>176346523
something with dark hunters and troub
lock down and spam
>>
>>176346693
>>176346936
DH, P, DH
T, H

No healing kinda irks me, will I really be able to rush bosses without needing heals? I mean, EOU2 bosses have a shitton of HP.

Also, how does the grimoire QR code thing work? Is it tiresome to abuse like it was in U1?
>>
>>176347619
Use a War Magus over that second DH
>>
>>176351929
oh yeah, forgot about WM.

Nevermind me, Ailing Slash+Barrier, right?
>>
>>176346523
Why didn't you play story mode for Fafnir? He's the most fun class in the series.
>>
>>176352894
I typically want to leave Story for later, but I do wanna play U2's soon because of Arianna
>>
>>176351929
why bother if you're just ecstasy/crusade rushing
>>
EOVs post game is so good, whybdid it take so long for the game to get good.
>>
>>176354707
better yet why's it taking so long for it to get officially sold in English
>>
File: fef ner.jpg (96KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
fef ner.jpg
96KB, 600x337px
>"No more games"
I guess we were warned about EOV
>>
Power!
>>
File: CtiHj60W8AEJO5z.jpg (73KB, 699x921px) Image search: [Google]
CtiHj60W8AEJO5z.jpg
73KB, 699x921px
>>
What's the difference between forging ATK and STR in EOMD?
>>
File: 42470933_p21.png (250KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
42470933_p21.png
250KB, 600x800px
>>
>>176341728
There's this thing that's been around forever called "minimaps." All they would have to do is make it so you tap the minimap to enlarge it and then do your cartography. It really isn't that hard.
>>
>tfw make a cool party of thinks i always wanted to try in eou2
>realize during the first boss fight that i have no buffs or healing options outside of grimoires

Fuck. Should I give up to Grimoires?
>>
>>176360721
Medic still a shit
>>
>>176362724
Name 5(V) flaws.
>>
>>176333605
In EOU Front Guard is extremely cheap and Protector has enough TP to be basically spamming it.
Starting with the 3rd Stratum you will also be adding Walls to the mix (because the ice attacks of some of the fishes hurt like hell) so I never found my Protector with too many empty turns if any.
>>
Fortress/?
RM/RM/RM

Complete this party pre-subclassing.
>>
>>176365857
Medic.

You want some healing and Dancer can only increase physical damage.
So you go for Medic, have her contribute at least some front line damage and as soon as she hits 40 you rush Stardrop.
Stardrop increases the damage of everyone that attacks after it by 40% which is in line with what Landsknecht class skill and Imperial Hawkeye would offer you.
If you put some AGI on your Medic (Wiglaf's accessories and a few books should be enough) you won't even need Vanguard to go before your Runemasters.
>>
>>176361419
The OP has a massive list of Grimoires linked in it so you won't need to roll for Grimoires yourself.
But unless you have someone with good TEC/VIT you will not heal that much.

But how did you manage to have not buffs at all? What are you even running?
>>
Ricky is spoiled.
>>
File: pg003.jpg (2MB, 2716x1348px) Image search: [Google]
pg003.jpg
2MB, 2716x1348px
>>176367173
very
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 715x856px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 715x856px
>>176367261
>>
File: 1494392464174.png (289KB, 1196x728px) Image search: [Google]
1494392464174.png
289KB, 1196x728px
>>>/v/376484483
>idk maybe
>i tried i guess
cross post from /v/

maybe some hope?
>>
File: 1443577727422.png (35KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1443577727422.png
35KB, 200x200px
>>176368776
>with JP voices
>>
>>176368776
>some games you'll be interested in
EMD2, Persona Q 2, Vita crawlers (does Atlus have some of those?)

Don't get your hopes up, you will only get them crushed.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 250x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 250x408px
Nene is simply untranslatable.
EOV never.
New Game subs never.
>>
>>176369136
I'm pretty sure New Game got subs almost immediatly after it got broadcasted.
It's even on Crunchyroll like all the other shitty shows.

Maybe CR got Forest Fairy Five so Nene would look better in comparison.
>>
>>176368852
All voices add is a "Huh?" when you walk past a tile with an event on it even if you would need to face a different direction to actually activate it.
That's a tiny bit of QoL so you don't need to go tile hunting for invisible shortcuts and quests.

Other than that voice lines have absolutely no relevant information so I would not care even if the voices were in simlish.
>>
>>176370197
>All voices add is a "Huh?" when you walk past a tile with an event on it even if you would need to face a different direction to actually activate it.
Same with the Untolds, except for the last stratum, they don't tell you the shortcuts then.
>>
>>176368089
Do not bully Proto-Chloe!
>>
>>176369136
Nothing too hard in slut translation
>>
>>176370325
I can see how they thought it was a good idea to not give away the shortcuts in the post-game.
It is supposed to be hard and all.

But floor jump makes the few shortcuts that actually are there pretty much meaningless. Especially in Claret Hollows where the only shortcuts are right before the stairs anyways...
>>
>>176367173
Most Ricky pictures have her all srry-eyed and happy when she is only like that when talking about ice cream two or three times in the entire game.
She is actually mopey, brash and often mean but you can get away with anything if you have twintails...
>>
File: EO1ExplorersLog6(Medic).png (58KB, 327x308px) Image search: [Google]
EO1ExplorersLog6(Medic).png
58KB, 327x308px
Why doesn't this loli loving general love Mediko?
She is so cute and hard working.
>>
>>176375814
Sorry this is a thread for worst girls, didn't you see the OP?
>>
File: 1438310927439.png (574KB, 600x774px) Image search: [Google]
1438310927439.png
574KB, 600x774px
>>176375814
But I do love her.
>>
>>176375814
She has candy instead of bandages in her bag
>>
>>176376571
If she wants some more I've got plenty in the back of my van.
>>
>>176376571
Nectar can literally revive people after being cut in half or burned to char coal.
Candy is better than bandages.
>>
>>176375889
Olympia did nothing wrong.
All she did was keep her people safe from murder hobos that rampaged through the labyrinth.
And if they were weak enough to die a few fishes they deserved it.

Also you kill her and her king that was nothing but a bro the entire game just because Shogun is a better class than Yggdroid.
You certainly don't do it for Kujura and Flowdia who were assholes the entire time...
>>
File: 39223945_p1.png (106KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
39223945_p1.png
106KB, 800x800px
Every couple months I come back to take a peep at this general

I am disappointed every time
>>
>>176375814
>liking sluts
>>
>>176379436
Nice story faggot, bet you own vita
>>
>>176379436
What do you expect?
What would you like being discussed.
Party comps are boring to discuss, there's hardly any story.
>>
File: 59656496_p1_master1200.jpg (702KB, 874x898px) Image search: [Google]
59656496_p1_master1200.jpg
702KB, 874x898px
>>176379773
waifus obviously
>>
File: 6fe68fe65aee78a9d725fb936eeb4137.png (893KB, 880x1230px) Image search: [Google]
6fe68fe65aee78a9d725fb936eeb4137.png
893KB, 880x1230px
>>176379773
let's discuss 7th dragon again
>>
File: 1379471819780.jpg (73KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
1379471819780.jpg
73KB, 480x854px
10 days until disappointment.
>>
File: IMAG0144.jpg (285KB, 760x1344px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0144.jpg
285KB, 760x1344px
Hey ive been playing Untold 2 and im just doing the tutorial part of 1F but im stuck somehow. I mapped the entire area on the right and got the token and snuck passed the deers.

so then i go to the left side and it says i need to map all of the right and report to the guard But when i try to report to the guard at the castle i cant. ive triple checked my map and ive mapped every bit of walkable floor so i dunno.
>>
File: 9uny78yn78t.png (119KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
9uny78yn78t.png
119KB, 300x360px
>>176381478
>>
>>176381478
Lol the guard is at the entrance though isnt he
>>
>>176381478
What the fuck is shit map
>>
>>176381478
Also where are your walls? And why is the floor red? Wait a second, what the fuck is going on??
>>
File: hoplite.jpg (444KB, 821x611px) Image search: [Google]
hoplite.jpg
444KB, 821x611px
>>176381478
>>
>>176381478
I belive they don't accept your map as finished.
If you are done with it the guard in the middle or on the entrance (not sure where he is) of the first room should be able to verify that.

But I'm pretty sure the game does not like your lack of walls.
When it checks whether a map is done it checks for floors and walls and if you are missing too much (or added stuff where none is) it will not count your map as done.
Which would mean no floor jump and you can not finish the first mission.
>>
I didn't know i had to draw walls, tutorial didn't mention it. I thought just marking where i could walk would be good enough.

I mean it's obvious that theres walls, but okay
>>
>>176381863
Also the redness. And the random wall in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>176381478
Did you mark a treasure chest with a clover?
>>
>>176382027
No, thats a gather point.

I didn't mark treasure chests because i opened them already, whats the point.
>>
>>176369024
Pretty fucking much this.
>>
>>176381926
What you put as walls on your dead ends is actually a trap door for the 2nd floor onwards.

There are several "interactive" icons you can use. Such as these trapdoors, the hand, scissors and pickaxe (usually used for gathering spots), the arrows, a bridge for Ginnungagap and a chest.
If you put them at the right spot they will change depending on whether or not the tile is activated.
Arrows become orange which is useful on shortcuts - they can only be accessed from both sides once you opened them from the backside.
Chest icons will open when you got their treasure.
The hand, scissors and pickaxe will be greyed out when the gathering spot they are placed on is depleted.
And bridges and trapdoors will show if you can walk them or not.

But aside from the first mission you don't need to map a specific way (unless you want floor jump - in which case you will at least need walls and floors).
So map however you understand it, don't give a damn what anyone else says about your map.
>>
>>176382246
>actually giving replies like this to obvious low quality bait
>>
>>176382081
I don't approve of this, but I also can't change your mind.
Godspeed, anon. Go fast and go far
>>
File: 1364329574690.jpg (169KB, 930x284px) Image search: [Google]
1364329574690.jpg
169KB, 930x284px
>>176381478
>>
File: map.png (80KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
80KB, 320x240px
>>176381478
Here is a map that will be able to clear the first mission.
I don't think the game cares what colour your floors are.

And you can see the interactive icons in effect with the depleted gathering spot and open treasure chests.
>>
File: IMAG0145.jpg (201KB, 1344x760px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0145.jpg
201KB, 1344x760px
Okay i added walls and deleted the yellow icon i was using. In the future ill use more accurate icons like the pickaxe for gather instead of clover, i just wasn't paying attention to the second panel of icons.

Im sure ill have to start marking chests and stuff once i get further into the game. I just paint the floor red because light green on dark green isn't a very visible colour scheme.

Thanks for the help
>>
>>176382715
A problem with using red tiles for normal floor is that those are the tiles used for damage tiles.
>>
>>176382715
That's why there are walls - walled in green on green is pretty visible.

>>176382776
Eh, you can use any other colour for damage tiles.
But it is true that the game defaults to using red on those. Although if you are already painting the entire floor a different color, redrawing damage tiles (which you usually don't want to step on anyways) is the least of your worries.
>>
>>176382776
>>176383040
Alright i guess it is pretty visible once you add the walls.

You know i played that Y's game on vita and it was all about mapping too but the game just mapped everything for you as you walked along.
>>
>>176383132
There is an option for auto mapping.
Normally it is on "ON" which maps the floor you are walking on.
"OFF" marks nothing at all but "FULL" marks both the floor you walk on and the walls you touch.

If you hit "Y" twice you will get into the main menu. I belive the mapping options are on the third or fourth page...
>>
>>176383132
Well of course retarded vita babies need the game to do everything for them
>>
>>176382081
>clover
>gather point
You're trying hard to use every tool as it was not intended to.
>>
>>176382081
Well, you did mark a treasure chest with an X. For whatever reason.
>>
>>176383530
Nigger they did not tell my what any single fucking thing was for. It's plants and shit so i put a fucking clover there.
>>
>>176383969
Delightfully simple
>>
>>176383969
In the first EO all icons had a description. But there were only ten icons or so - for example the sparkle you used for the water was the only way to mark gather points besides there being wood, plant and ore points.
The clover also used to be the treasure chest icon because chests have clovers on them.

Now they are only included for nostalgia's sake and aren't even interactive.
There are too many diffferent icons to give all of them a description.

And in the end it doesn't matter, does it?
As long as you understand your map the icons don't matter at all.

The game certainly doesn't give a shit, all it cares for are floors and walls and even those only for floor jump which in EO2U is arguably not even that neccessary because shortcuts usually help you skip the floors quickly if you just walk from town or the last pole.
>>
File: 1493944633141.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493944633141.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
>>176383969
>>
>>176384301
If the clover is for treasure chests, then why is there a chest icon?

How can anyone argue against using a clover for plants instead of a pickaxe?
>>
>>176384465
>not picking plants with your hands
>>
>>176384465
There are three symbols for gathering: hand, scissors, pickaxe.
There is sometimes a debate in here whether you karate-chop your wood or use scissors for it (and use the other for taking plants).

Clover USED to be the chest symbol in the DS games. Maybe a chest just looked like shit in the tiny resolution icons had back then...
The Unolds gave us proper chest symbols but included the Clover because they had the space for it.

Iirc EOIV only has the clover and no chests - but its chests don't even have clovers on them which makes the icon a pretty bad fit.
>>
>>176381323
Don't be so negative.
5 days until disappointment.
Then 5 more days until more disappointment.
>>
>>176385383
You all are already a disappointment
>>
>>176385434
Made for each other, it all fits.
>>
>>176385561
This is our home
>>
>>176385434
That's why I'm here, yes.
>>
File: 1457243001768.png (44KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457243001768.png
44KB, 500x400px
>try to have fun with NTR cheats in EMD
>no cheat to deal with item drops
>can't get them to work with the European version anyway
Time to move on I guess. I still haven't played EO1
>>
>>176385863
I'm currently playing EO1 in German which is as strange as it is awesome.
I can barely remember the last time I actually played a crawler in anything but English.

I'm not sure if it got localized into other languages (although I suspect it) and if finding a ROM of these versions is even possible.
>>
>>176385863
>fun
>cheats
t. 12yo
>>
>>176388530
EMD gets only fun when the bobbleheads come out.
That's what I imagine whenever I hear "cheats" - stuff that got only put in for shits and giggles and is hidden behind a "cheat-code" (although these are purposefully coded into the game).

It's a bit sad that these things died out but they were probably more of a PC only thing anyways.
>>
File: scan.jpg (3MB, 3074x3776px) Image search: [Google]
scan.jpg
3MB, 3074x3776px
>guessed blonde alchemist, loli buccaneer, glasses monk and peaked beret farmer
>only got the last one right
I'm not very good at this guessing thing.
And I'm mildly upset at the buccaneer, there's already an NPC that uses that design as a base!
>>
>>176391124
hope that buccaneer portrait makes it to EOU3
>>
>>176382081
>not marking treasure chests and putting a note telling what was inside even if that's absolutely pointless
>>
>>176391124
Good to see they went for the actual good portraits.
Still a bit sad that Ranmonk did not make it in but I'd much rather have loli Monk than Pippy Longstockings Buccaneer.
>>
>>176391124
>there's already an NPC that uses that design as a base!
EMD already has too many shitty loli portraits
>>
>>176392113
For instance?
Anyways, I meant there's already an NPC that uses busty blonde as a base. Same exact design, just adding an open coat and with a different pose.
>>
>>176391337
I do this ever playthrough.
I also mark events that happen only one time (although they only get a note and no icon).
I never keep my maps on NG+.
>>
>>176392308
like every damn class uses the loli/flat portrait
>>
>>176392380
Sometimes it's hard to tell when an event is going to be repeatable or not.
>this seems like a good place to rest
>you recovered HP/TP
>you can never come back here ever again
>>
File: 1470549813730.png (632KB, 711x711px) Image search: [Google]
1470549813730.png
632KB, 711x711px
>>176388530
I hope you're glad that I can't have my fun.
>>
>>176392554
But you said shitty lolis, where are the shitty ones?
>>
>>176392797
Don't use best landshark as your post picture you filthy cheater
>>
I like Etrian Odyssey.
>>
>>176374347
She's happy because Highlander took the photos. He's all she needs to be happy, especially considering he gets heart-eyed when he touches her >>176367261
>>
>>176393343
rickyposters are only very slightly less worse than neneposters
>>
>>176391124
>everyone gets 2/3 of a page
>farmer gets 1/3
I wonder if they are an actually good class this time around if they are already treated like that...
>>
File: 54026232_p0.jpg (210KB, 667x948px) Image search: [Google]
54026232_p0.jpg
210KB, 667x948px
>>176393014
I cna't be a cheater if I can't cheat.
>>
>>176393642
Thoughtcrimes count as well
Cheaters only deserve shit characters like nene
>>
>>176392640
That's probably the reason why they tell you every single time that a plant looks like it might regrow the next day in EO2U...
>>
File: tumblr_nkyfc82AMv1rwbg3co1_1280.png (424KB, 600x632px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkyfc82AMv1rwbg3co1_1280.png
424KB, 600x632px
>>176391124
Someone is proud of her little friend.
>>
>>176395374
>still posting that sinking ship
>>
>>176395374
But she is not in the game.
He will go to dungeons with a bunch of other girls who - unless they fixed that - will throw away their clothes at any time.
>>
>>176395751
>>176396347
But they're friends.
>>
>>176397467
Oh, so no shota-con shipping?
Carry on then.
>>
>>176391124
That glasses Alchemist has a really cool pose.
All the portraits look pretty nice, I have to say - Kenkaku is probably the worstof the bunch, both male and female.
>>
>>176400061
Female Kekaku looks alright.
Male looks like generic anime RPG character #177283
>>
>>176400409
Female swordsman looks just as awful
>>
>>176400759
She doesn't look awful. She does look worse than most portraits we've seen in the past.
>>
>>176400884
Her design is all over the place
>>
>>176400409
Bikini aside I don't dig her shoulder. Looks utterly useless for a character that's obviously all abour speed and does not take hits well (as indicated by wearing no fucking armor).

But yeah, the guy is super generic. Or at least super 80s manga and anime protagonist generic.
Having actual buff men is rather recent years thanks to an onslaught of high-school boys.
>>
>>176391124
Every EOIII class has their stats revealed.
Every class has some nice in action shots.
Eccept Farmer.
I can not read moon by I am pretty sure all they got was the word "Farmer" and a descriptive title like "Gatherer of stuff".

Wow. Just wow.
>>
>>176395374
She looks so happy.
He looks so sad.
The sheep is questioning its life choices.
>>
>>176391124
Did they make glasses alchemist a LOLI? Why?
>>
>>176402353
Are you retarded?
>>
>>176402353
Looks like a shota to me.
>>
>>176402839
Oh yeah fuck me for seeing with my own eyes that they just made her look a decade younger for some reason, like it's my fucking fault you fuckhead
>>
>>176402336
Sheep is just aware that farmer boy will be going full refugee on it later that night
>>
>>176403126
Take in consideration that the image is slightly low-angle.

She is still busty.
>>
File: 2010-12-30-357991.jpg (123KB, 700x761px) Image search: [Google]
2010-12-30-357991.jpg
123KB, 700x761px
>>176401213
While it's disappointing to see them mostly unchanged from EO3, they probably work pretty well with MD's mechanics.
For starters, the way benched members gain exp means they will not be lagging terribly behind. As whole you lose nothing by having extra guild members and you need no preparation, so why not have a couple of farmers?
Then, considering that the third and fourth character in a party very often don't get to enter the room before the whole rest of the party is engaged in battle, they won't be as much of a dead weight as they were in EO3 if only because putting a different character wouldn't change things that much.
Finally, given how MD encourages retreading the same dungeons several times, the farmer's skillset of gathering items and avoiding enemies could be very useful.
>>
>>176402353
Are you saying that solely because she has small breasts? Because this has always been the case, only in fanart does she get bigger.
>>
File: 28757167_p0_master1200.jpg (145KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
28757167_p0_master1200.jpg
145KB, 640x512px
>the're gonna nerf the runemasters for Himukai's pet shitty class
>>
File: alchemist.jpg (118KB, 830x1080px) Image search: [Google]
alchemist.jpg
118KB, 830x1080px
>>176402353
>>176402867
It's just the low angle and how her face is positioned differently in relation to the glow of her gloves.
Her breasts are unchanged and her head size is too. She doesn't even look smaller or thinner, really.
>>
>>176404145
more like her head and face
>>
>>176404426
That's everything that alchemists are good at: stealing from runemasters.
>>
>>176405383
Wht are they not black then
>>
>>176403971
I hope they have a good class skill that makes them worth running.
Otherwise they will get to be a subclass only thing - Ninja/Farmer is probably extremely quick in getting through dungeons and gathering stuff.
>>
Why does EO have a better story than most games even though it's so minimalistic
>>
>>176404426
If you look at the screenshots they seem to have and eight directional ice blast which is at least different from Runemaster.

Also the second screenshot has a ice debuff on the enemy - Landknecht right next to it has a area sword attack and is shown with a Volt attack but with a Runemaster behind her.
Could it be they are now EO/EOII Landsknechts with All-Slash and Chasers and Alchemists are not stealing Runemaster skills but instead the Links from Landsknechts as Palm effects?
>>
>>176407886
because they are easier to follow and makes you feel better for fully understanding the story.
>>
>>176407886
>though
That's why it's better, less opportunities to fuck up.
>>
>>176407886
Because it is so minimalistic.
It does barely distract from gameplay and if you can rarely fall into plot holes if there is not much to have holes in the first place (besides the duke kind of vanishing in EO2U story mode...).
>>
>>176408578
Gradriel and the minister being completely unconcerned about the grail playing a part in turning adventurers into monsters is also very shaky.

EO1 was also barebones as hell, yet it managed to not make much sense. Specially the ghost town ending.
There are few opportunities to fuck up. But when one arises, they take full advantage of it!
>>
>>176409098
Do they even know the Grail turns people into monsters?
We would be the only ones to actually know and since it can canonically be the same guild that went all happy genocide in EO1 we are established assholes.

They wanted the Grail, they got it - end of story. No need to give them any details.
If the Duke turns into a monster someone will pay our guild to kill him. Win-win for us.
>>
Will EOUII ever go on sale again?
>>
>>176409905
Atlus games go on sale a ton
>>
>>176409905
When EOV gets released on NA.
>>
>>176409458
>they got it
They don't though, at least in EO2U story
>>
Has someone datamined the skill info for EOU2?
>>
>>176410662
In Eo2U story it's also never mentioned that the Duke needs the Grail in the first place.
The Duke just kinda completely disappears and Gradriel takes over the entire government it seems.

But in EOII and EO2U classic mode they get the Grail.
And later in EOII we release the monster from the sixth stratum into the city (which still has text remnants in EO2U they didn't bother to clean up). Good times, really.

First a genocide on salads, then the destruction of an entire Duchy with monsters.
The EO/EOII guild is great.
Maybe Etria turns into a ghost town not because the labyrinth has been cleared but because everyone is scared our murder hobos might come back!?
>>
>>176410950
https://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/826296-etrian-odyssey-2-untold-the-fafnir-knight/faqs/73368

Afaik that's all properly datamined - only Ecstasy has some amount of hand testing in it since the multipliers for the binds are kind of messily implemented it seems.
>>
File: 1490568213871.jpg (110KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1490568213871.jpg
110KB, 400x240px
>>176409905
>he hasn't hacked his 3DS yet
>>
>>176411420
>also never mentioned that the Duke needs the Grail in the first place.
Bullshit
>>
>>176411642
>pirating EO
That's why neVer eVer
>>
>>176411591
Thanks.
>>
>>176409458
You can put two and two together. Didn't everyone in the end know about Scylla? No reason why Esbat wouldn't tell either.
So knowing that the Ovelrord is researching immortality by turning people into monsters and knowing that the Overlord has a grail that cures any illness... at least you gotta be SOMEWHAT suspicious. But the thought never even crosses their mind.
Your guild being so petty and egoistical is also veyr specific and intrusive, and kinda contradictory with other quests (and probably ilegal if you're giving incomplete reports for missions).

It's not outright impossible but the writing is just incredibly flimsy.
>>
>>176411676
I recently replayed EO2U story mode.
It is truely never said that the Duke needs it.
Our reason for going into the Heavenly Keep is because Ginnungagap blew up and the first Black Guardian send us to the Overlord in hopes of finding a way to defeat the Calamity.

And Gradriel helps us because having the Calamity released upon your land does not sound all that great.
>>
>>176412607
I dunno...
Esbat kind of refused to tell us about Artelinde's sister until it was already too late.
And if they just went around and explained everything it would be very likely someone would be able to connect the two of them to the mountain of dead explorers that never even made it to Scylla.
They have a very good reason to stay quiet...

Or do the townspeople ever talk about the transformation?
I don't remember all town dialogue from the top of my head but if something leaked I am sure someone would comment on it...
>>
>>176411881
I bought EOU and didn't pirate the rest until recently though.
>>
5 MORE DAYS TO EOV AND ONLY 10 MORE DAYS TILL EO3U FELLAS

GET HYPE LADS ALL OF OUR SUFFERING IS FINALLY GOING TO PAY OFF.
>>
>>176416132
Nene is coming to America!
>>
>>176393563
Why? At least Ricky is an actual character from EO and sometimes help bumping the thread.
>>
So I got a copy of EO2U and Decided to fire up Classic since I haven't beaten story on 1 yet, but I'm curious about how viable my team is. I know there's respec and 26 slots and all that, but I'm curious about how much synergy/overlap I have.

Front: War Magus (Mandingo), Sovereign (Hime-hime), Beast (Pai-Pai)
Back: Hexer (Kinsey), Survivalist (PinkDriss)

Opinions?
>>
>>176417374
Hexer and Survivalist is a little redundant. Also you should have your soverign in the back.
>>
>>176417374
Your names don't really matter, do they?

Anyways: Sovereign is no longer a frontline class.
VIT is way, way more important for survivability than heavy armor and a shield. They have terrible VIT they sit in the backline.

Hexer and Survivalist is kind of redundant - Survivalist is a half damage dealer half ailment inflicter and they are not stellar at either of those roles.
Hexer are way better at inflicting ailments and since enemies only have one slot for those half of your Survivalist is dead weight (and the rest is not great either).

Since you are missing elemental damage you could go with either Alchemist or Gunner which would also help your Souvereign contribute some damage once she has set up her buffs (Link Order and Link Order II are good damage skills since they copy 40%-50% of the damage of the skill that activated them and add a bit of damage on top of that).

Story mode of EOU and EO2U are not connected by the way. They are set in the same world a few years appart but there are like three tiny refrences to the existance to EOU in the entire story.
>>
>>176417374
no damage
>>
>>176418225
>Your names don't really matter, do they?
FUCK OFF?!!!
>>
>>176418968
Well, ok then - your names are shit and so is your team.
>>
>>176417374
Is that a survivalist or a stand?
>>
>>176419165
savage af nigga god dam
>>
>>176412660
Then you replayed it wrong because Gradriel definitely mentions Duke's illness that time when she finally decides to spill the beans
>>
>>176419572
She mentiones the illness only when you go to collect the flowers.
I was waiting for it to creep up again but it never did.

And when does Gradrial ever spill any beans in story mode?
The later half is driven by us and the shit in Ginnungagap, not by her.
She does not need to explain anything to us because we are already going to climb the tree anyways.
>>
Make Nene the OP image for the next thread, please, I beg you.
>>
>>176419859
Fuck off neneposter
>>
>>176419859
Nene doesn't exist and EOV is just a Japanese meme.
>>
EOU > EO2U

Thoughts? Opinions?
>>
>>176420484
If both games had the same amount of QoL changes, then EOU would be the superior game.
>>
>>176420484
None, sorry.
Make a relation with waifus, that'll stir some shit flinging.
>>
>>176417374
Your War Magus needs ailments to thrive. Survivalists are all about ailments now with some decent/conditional damage. Axe the Survivalist, focus on sleep/poison/fear for your Hexer. Poison is by far the most important since its the least resisted, does damage AND sets your War Magus up

Sovereign has the potential to be badass elemental damage, but requires ELM ATK Up grimoire and someone to link with since they cant start elements on their own. Or you can use them as a healer type and throw them in the back.

Your Beast's Hit Taker will be based on whos taking the damage. Say your Sover. s.. Princess takes 50 damage, the beast will also take 50 damage, you can reduce this more with Defense Order or Heal Guard on the beast/line

Hexer already went over

War Magi should focus on Ailing Slash and Vampire. You only need rank 1 of Vampire to heal great amounts of damage since its going to be a truck just running through a crowd of people most of the time thanks to your Hexer spamming poison/sleep/fear

If you do not keep your survivalist, take someone who can use elemental damage to proc your Princess or get a second war magi for maximum laughs at shit melts
>>
>>176420484
Thoughts: we have reached bump limit, so that question will not get much traction.

Opinions: EOU Grimoires are a disaster and class selection is rather disappointing.
This alone makes EO2U better than EOU (although it still has its fair share of flaws).
>>
>>176419859

>>176420670
>>176420670
For you. Don't get used to it.

Also, some Neneposter promised to post the artbook if a thread started with this character.

You better deliver
>>
File: 49645193_p0.jpg (402KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
49645193_p0.jpg
402KB, 600x750px
>>
File: Cyp7164VEAA9hrR.jpg-orig.jpg (69KB, 595x663px) Image search: [Google]
Cyp7164VEAA9hrR.jpg-orig.jpg
69KB, 595x663px
>>
File: 55986922_p0.jpg (37KB, 400x204px) Image search: [Google]
55986922_p0.jpg
37KB, 400x204px
Thread posts: 764
Thread images: 175

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.