[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/arena/ - Arena FPS General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 767
Thread images: 127

File: 5TJkG6u.png (322KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
5TJkG6u.png
322KB, 640x480px
Friendly Rivalry Edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite oldschool and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Play Quakeworld for free: http://nquake.com/
Play Quake 2 for free: http://q2s.tastyspleen.net/
Play Unreal Tournament 4 for free: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/
Play Warsow for free: https://www.warsow.net/
Link to Quake 2 Starter with Quake 2 and its expansions (Quake 2 this sunday at 8PM EST):
https://mega.nz/#!EAxAlSwa!9v0PQ7QgN60mXDptMqWXvdAC2srSCnb7pGPqZojG2QI

Quake Champions closed beta signup: https://quake.bethesda.net/en/signup
QC beta waves are each week and usually last for 3-4 days each starting on either Thursday or Friday. The beta is under NDA, so post screenshots/webms with caution.

Previous Thread: >>175917741
>>
>>175980654
Somehow an average best player is always playing as the fattest hero. And those who manage to be the best with squishy champs like that stealth tumblrina, they have superior aim, which wouldn't be any worse when playing with dem greasy 150hp characters.

Being able to survive 2 heavy hits instead of 1 does wonders, allowing you recover. Say what you want, but Aim > HP > Speed.
>>
>>175981036
Yeah, that's exactly the problem with hitscan dominance in the game right now. Low TTK in the current balance feeling shit is a personal issue, balance in regards to damage output being busted to the point of weapons being objectively 100% outclassed by others isn't.
>>
>>175981494
Not even just that but in vq3 you start with 125 HP so that you can survive rails on spawn but in QC you have characters with around 70HP which just get destroyed by rail shots.
>>
reminder that map control is more important than weapon accuracy
>>
File: .png (184KB, 189x736px) Image search: [Google]
.png
184KB, 189x736px
>>
>>175981857
not atm until they change how stacks work
>>
>>175981857
fact.

RA and Mega control is everything
>>
File: 1412356623841.png (326KB, 558x691px) Image search: [Google]
1412356623841.png
326KB, 558x691px
Graphics? Okay at best.
Music and Voice quality? Shit.
Interface and controls? Alright.
Amount of content? Lacking.
Game balance? Fucking garbage.

+ everything lags

Quake Champions aka 'Shlomo requires more gold at the expense of that long buried franchise we dug up from the trash heap recently'
>>
reminder to ignore and report the redditspacing retard
>>
>>175982337
>Interface and controls? Alright.
Now I know you're shitposting
>>
>>175982597
Those were fine compared to 95% of games in the industry. At least this one is made for PC, unlike dem awful console ports which can barely be controlled with keyboard and mouse.
>>
File: angry bald space marine.jpg (3KB, 126x123px) Image search: [Google]
angry bald space marine.jpg
3KB, 126x123px
>>175982337
it's a beta my man it's mostly placeholders

once it's finished it will be the definitive arena shooter for the next 20 years

abilities and different toons add another layer of strategy/skill to the game. veterans only hate it because they're too old to learn something new
>>
>>175981386
>using hitscan on a weapon that uses bullets is lazy design.

Why? Says who? Explain your reasoning.
Bullets travel so quickly in real life that they're visibly imperceptible, meaning simulating a projectile at the same speed would just decrease the accuracy or performance of the simulation over the network compared to a hitscan calculation for little to no actual gain, unless you're suggesting that bullet-based weapons fire out nerf darts in which case making them fire dodgeable projectiles "Just because muh skill" is myopic too since doing that would homogenize, for example, HMG and SNG into two different damage/firerate values where the way they function now they could be balanced into two equally viable situational weapons just through tweaking damage values alone.
>>
plasma gun never ever
>>
File: 1405557876551.png (153KB, 532x907px) Image search: [Google]
1405557876551.png
153KB, 532x907px
>>175982797
> once it's finished it will be the definitive arena shooter for the next 20 years

Nah. Not only does the industry change it's main audience every decade, Quake is catering towards old veterans who are an absolute minority, while trying to shove the modern and hip MOBA elements in there, to attract the newfriends. In the end this game has an identity crisis, and most likely will be played by old farts trying to revisit some old memories, plus an occasional xxxTimmy666Destroyerxxx who enters to show his dominance to classmates, by spending his moms money on chests and backpacks full of virtual recolored armor.
>>
File: good beta.png (165KB, 511x243px) Image search: [Google]
good beta.png
165KB, 511x243px
>download update, boot up game
>stuck on loading screen
>10 minutes later main menu finally shows up
>queue up for duel
>get a match, both squares light up
>"The match has been canceled."
>why this
>requeue, pick champs, map starts loading
>its still loading 5 minutes later
>dont even play the match, get sent straight to main menu with no error message
>requeue, bla bla bla
>map only takes 30 seconds to load this time
>match starts, get in a fight, combat feels laggy
>210 ping
>w h y
>somehow get the frag regardless
>a few seconds later, pic related pops up
>im still connected to the server
>i can still talk in chat and hear the other guy jumping around and picking up items
>he can even see my message and responds
>game kicks me from the match
>sent to a login screen that i didnt have to go through when i booted up the game
>Bethesda account details dont even work
>"This has to be on my end, right?"
>turn off anything that could possibly be using internet, reboot router
>reboot up the game
>main loading screen only takes about 10 seconds this time, queue up for tdm
>get sarnath instead of covenant, another 5 minute loading screen
>215 ping again
>everyone else has 30-60 ping
>get the same error a minute through
>literally cannot play the game
>boot up reflex
>65 ping, no network errors whatsoever
Fun.
>>
>>175983894
>fell for the reflex meme when CPMA can be played for free
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxgs7yFFRHI
>>
>>175984050
you're late
>>
>>175983894
Scoreboard ping display is busted, you can be shown 250ms while you really have 30 and vice-versa. It'd regularly say I had 30 while I was connecting to NA servers. I'm in Australia, so that's literally physically impossible.
>>
File: 1398294835284.png (292KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1398294835284.png
292KB, 640x360px
>>175984193
> literally physically impossible
>>
Slash is unfairly weakened by only being able to pick up 75 armor from the RA instead of 100. It just doesn't make sense to give Slash such a massive penalty over Nyx and Anarki
>>
>>175984375
Nah, if you know how to properly crouchslide around corners her insane movement potential can more than makeup for that.
>>
>>175982918
please let's not start this again. i have explained my reasoning multiple times already and at the end of the day it's just my opinion. it's ok for you to disagree with me. i just don't get how you can think that this is the "best shotgun design evarrr!!!!" when these exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp7HQUqfvnU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKyHtDIyfE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZecx_CuXXU

in my opinion projectiles are simply more rewarding as they are harder to land. in my opinion good game design is making the weapons as rewarding as possible. an airocket, where i have to predict the enemy's moves is more fun to me than a headshot, where i don't have to lead my shot.

again you can disagree with this, but don't act like your opinion is the objective truth. also note that i never called it 'bad design' i called it lazy (it requires objectively less effort than calculating travel time and bullet drop) and cheap (it is objectively cheaper to implement, as it requires less calculations). call it 'futuristic laserbeam shotgun' and it's fine with me. calling it the best 'shotgun' design ever just shows me that you have little fps experience outside of quake.
stop being so upset about different opinions, this is not a fucking circlejerk hugbox. i won't comment on this any further. i am done talking to you.
>>
>unironically linking to meme videos
opinion completely, one hundred percent disregarded
>>
>>175985056
how is it lazy when projectile weapons already exist in the game
also i doubt you have that much fps experience based on your three picks
>>
File: here's your (You).jpg (2KB, 125x117px) Image search: [Google]
here's your (You).jpg
2KB, 125x117px
>>175985397
>>175985612
>>
>>175984968
if you know how to properly walljump or maximize air control, Anarki and Nyx more than make up for that

They made Slash the most fragile character in the game and there's no good reason why.
>>
>>175985056
>Bad Company
Bullets are simulated because it's pseudo-real and combat is at a long enough range for the extra toll of sending the state of a bullet projectile over network to be additive to the experience. There's also zero concern in regards to network accuracy in *any* Battlefield game, so the networked simulations aren't accurate nor do they even try to be.
>Flak Cannon
Deals enough damage to oneshot without all projectiles connecting as the balance tradeoff for not being instant. Characters don't move anywhere near as fast so the tradeoff is less severe.
>Torb and Roadhog's
>Implying any sort of skill involved in hitting anything in Overwatch
>Implying network accuracy in the die around a wall to hitscanners 24/7 day game
>>
>>175985756
this is just getting sadder and sadder. you know what, anon? i'm starting to feel bad about this. picking on the handicapped kid just isn't very satisfying. instead, i'm going to brighten up your life a little. i'm going to be that one shining ray of light in your bleak existence.

i will let you have the last word.

so come on, let me have it. make it count. i'll gladly take it if it means you'll experience the sweet taste of victory for once in your life, and you can go to bed knowing you achieved something.
>>
>>175985831
no.
>>
>haha i cant make an argument so i will just pretend i won it :)))))
i dont know where the fuck you came from but you should probably go back
>>
>>175985831
If this is your attempt at weaseling out of a situation where you're clearly fucking wrong I just want to let you know that absolutely nobody is buying it or on your side here. The effort is totally wasted. Maybe try the "I was trolling" defense next time.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>175985831
>going full fedora
>>
>>175985831
is this the same anon that though plasma and nail didnt have splash damage
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (43KB, 180x599px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
43KB, 180x599px
>getting butthurt over different opinions
i see, QC brought in all the kids. it's like i'm really on reddit.
>>
>"wow this is literally objectively lazy less skill based design!"
>Gets told how it isn't
>"wow butthurt over different opinions much? it's literally just my opinion! it's literal and objective too, but just my opinion!"

I'm going to brighten up your life a little. I'm going to be that one shining ray of light in your bleak existence. I'm going to give you your last (You).

Here it comes.
>>175986359
>>
File: cry baby.jpg (39KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
cry baby.jpg
39KB, 400x450px
>>175986646
that pasta really upset you, huh? i'm sorry, i didn't mean to hurt you feewings
>>
File: oh_my_fuck.png (34KB, 493x276px) Image search: [Google]
oh_my_fuck.png
34KB, 493x276px
>still acting like everyone hasn't been having a laugh at your expense for the last 4 hours
>>
>>175986725
That toddler looks like an old man. Just color his hair grey and add some wrinkles, and you will get a 70 year old grandpa.
>>
File: your face when.webm (420KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
your face when.webm
420KB, 426x426px
>>175986906
you are literally adding nothing to this thread, at least the other guy provided some arguments and an opinion of his own. why do you bother? what is the point of your posts?
>>
File: quake005.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quake005.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
reminder to join quake 2 this sunday
>>
http://shutupandgame.blogspot.de/2012/03/hitscan-weapons-are-garbage-throw-them.html
>>
>>175981707
It really does suck getting one shot by RG before you can build some kind of a stack. At the same time RG dmg has always been 80 the zoom function makes it a million times more broken, so i'm not really sure how ID fixes the RG without trashing the zoom.
>>
>say you're not accepting any arguments because you're too smallbrain to keep responding
>"lmao what are y000 contributing to the thread??? why aren't you posting arguments that i just said id ignore???"

ahahahaha holy shit it keeps going.
>>
>>175987659
what are you on about?
>>
File: HIGH DEFINITION 1080P THINKING.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
HIGH DEFINITION 1080P THINKING.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>175987180
>IP doesn't go up
>Literally the only person to have posted in this thread with anything positive to say about Projectileguy since the beginning of the thread has been Projectileguy himself
>>
>>175987651
The RG damage was 100 in Quake 2 and 3 and it was nerfed in CPM and QL. Not sure if I'm misinterpreting your post.
>>
>>175987837
i wasn't talking about myself, you fucking moron. i was talking about the guy i was arguing with for hours. he provided arguments. he was able to make comments that contributed to the discussion.
this guy
>>175987659
>>175986906
>>175985983
did not. i don't understand what the point of his posts is
>>
Laughing at you because you're fucking retarded, presumably.
>>
>>175988218
i'm retarded for having a different opinion?
>>
IP bump
>>
>>175988218
>>175988297
answer the question or tell me exactly where i was 'wrong', i honestly don't understand. no, i'm not pretending and no, i'm not upset. just curios
>>
File: beiber.gif (424KB, 157x157px) Image search: [Google]
beiber.gif
424KB, 157x157px
>when you continually get armor shaders for everyone but your main
send help
>>
File: thonkung.png (11KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
thonkung.png
11KB, 128x128px
>spend 4 hours arguing that hitscan makes a game objectively less skillbased, calling people retarded etc.
>run out of actual arguments
>suddenly it's just a different opinion
>>
>>175988362
same. hello anon
>>
File: 1493085454163.jpg (33KB, 720x731px) Image search: [Google]
1493085454163.jpg
33KB, 720x731px
Patrician tier: Ranger, Galena, Visor
Acceptable tier: Slash, Anarki
You're playing the wrong game: Everyone else
Kill you are self irl real life: Nyx
>>
>>175988919
Good tier: Ranger
Worse than Ranger tier: Everyone else.

Weaknesses in mobility, health and size are too severe on every other champ. Lack of a worthwhile active ability pushes Visor just slightly below Ranger. Scalebearer and Sorlag's "murder the whole fucking room" actives almost pull them out of the trashcan their speed and hitboxes put them in but not really.
>>
>>175989256
Those are based on how cancer the classes themselves are, not balance
>>
>>175988851
>hitscan makes a game objectively less skillbased
how is that wrong? please explain.

are you still claiming that pointing a laser pointer at someone takes as much skill as leading your shots? how is clicking on something in your los as skillful as memorizing item timings and predicting the enemies position based on that? the former is reflexes + hand-eye coordination. the latter is the same, but also requiring prediction of movement and knowing the timings. projectiles add another layer of skill, called gamesense.

are you seriously denying that?

for the record: i am not saying that hitscan should be removed from the game
>>
For Quake Champions why would anybody pick a class if it didn't have 150 hp? I feel like spawning with more health is a massive advantage, even if you do move a bit slower.
>>
who /visor/ here
>>
>>175989330
Still stands.
On the plus side, Ranger Tier doesn't overlap with your Cancer Tiers.
>>
File: yfw_u_have_taken_the_lead.jpg (211KB, 845x1248px) Image search: [Google]
yfw_u_have_taken_the_lead.jpg
211KB, 845x1248px
Slash quotes:

>I'm going to flip you like a table (menu selection)
>Guess who's baack (entering game)
>Sploosh hahaha
>Skank (I think this is on fragging Sorlag)
>My skates were totally having a malfunction
>RRRGH!
>Piss off bozo!
>Deededede doo
>I doubt you've ever been that hard chump
>What are you waiting for? You blow them up!(not sure if I got this one right)
>They said I could be anything, so I became an agent of CHAOS
>SKATE or DIE! (only saw this twice both times fragging another Slash using her active ability while also using Slash's active ability)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjjKp3dHYxs&list=PLEOQ0YA_1DWmm_ZnPh9ZRJ2W3yjbzWy0E
>Wheeeee!

I need help getting more.

Also, ffs id Software this game is fighting for WORST audio engine on a modern game in 2017. Zero positional sound, sound volume is totally whack. You can actually hear other players(and their speech) but it's so quiet you have to be literally on top of them.
>>
>>175989657

>5 hours of playtime and I have never played anything but Ranger
>>
EASYMODE HARDMODE

>Heavies
Easy: Scalebearer
Middle: Sorlag
Hard: Clutch

>Lightweights
Easy: Nyx
Middle: Anarki
Hard: Slash

>Middleweights
Easy: Galena
Middle: Ranger
Hard: Visor
>>
>>175990068
>Hard: Visor
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAH
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>175990068
>sorlag
>not retarded easy

kys
>>
>>175990324
His active does fucking nothing.
>You see guys through the wall. Maybe they're close enough that it makes a difference or it's at the right time for it to make a difference in a fight. BIG maybe. The biggest.
Meanwhile
>Galena: Heal yourself or your teammates AND drop a damaging mine
>Ranger: Teleport to escape, deal damage or potentially even 1hk someone
>>
>>175990469

Same, and dont think so. Companies want the extra datamining of your computer and its activity.
>>
>>175990447
Scalebearer is easier.
>>
>>175990557
wallhack is very useful in duel
>>
>>175982797
>toons

Quake is an anime not a cartoon.
>>
File: leeks.png (461KB, 1806x1166px) Image search: [Google]
leeks.png
461KB, 1806x1166px
will they add more heroes to the beta before the game launches?
>>
>>175991268

Goggle man is Razor, or Biker
>>
>>175990740
They want 100% of the profit from every microtransaction.
That's literally it. Steam would get them a larger and more willing audience but they take a cut and Bethesda can't see how they're setting themselves up for failure.
>>
>>175991258
>Quake is an anime
i thought quake was a vido gam ??????
>>
File: classic_cover1.jpg (234KB, 641x1000px) Image search: [Google]
classic_cover1.jpg
234KB, 641x1000px
>>175992659
Quake is a comic book, you fucking faggots.
>>
>>175987256
But I've never played Q2 multiplayer, only Quakeworld and Q3A.
>>
>>175989764
I do not like these lines.
>>
So is Visor strogg or what?
>>
>glance at task manager
>champions using >10gb ram
Quality
>>
Man i hope le Pen brings a chaingun and a quad to the election
>>
>>175993792
yeah, i had to try to launch it like 5 times before it would start because of repeated memory leaks.
>>
File: quake015.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quake015.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>175993141
then you're in for a treat
>>
>>175993736
no hes just a cybernetic made by the ruskies
strogg is a group of aliens who collect lifeforms and staple machines onto them
>>
I know Scalebearer is annoying with the charge but I still dont think heavies are viable in this game especially with them taking extra damage vs lightning gun
>>
>>175993736

Not every cyborg in quake is a strogg

Besides strogg suck anyway they are like edgy Borg
>>
>>175994773
pleb
>>
>>175991268
yeah, at least 12 on release so all of those will be beta tested first
>>
>>175989764
>augh! it's getting way too emo in here
>>
File: hehe.jpg (46KB, 457x466px) Image search: [Google]
hehe.jpg
46KB, 457x466px
>>175988919
>this image
>>
>>175989382
A projectile weapon can be more skillbased depending on splash radius, damage, travel time, size of the projectile, speed of the enemy. A projectile weapon isn't inherently more skillbased just for using a projectile. Making a weapon projectile-based just because "muh projectile more skillbased!" without considering all the other aspects of the game is short sighted.

A projectile weapon in a space where it doesn't fit balance-wise will be ignored and contribute nothing to the game. A projectile weapon that will be ignored and also comes at the expense of a weapon that already suits its role in the game perfectly fine (the shotgun) removes a viable option from the game that would make it more skillbased by introducing an extra layer of thought into what weapon you're going to use in a situation. In this case, viability in different situations so that it's *actually used in high level play* takes precedence over the mechanical difficulty of the weapon and in Quake 3 it is balanced in kind: high but not insane damage at close range, low but reliable damage at a distance. If you made the shotgun mechanically identical to the flak cannon's primary fire, you'd get a conefire weapon that can bounce off of walls that fills those roles so poorly in the high speed context of Quake to be useless in every other aspect outside of close range, where the travel time matters least to mechanical skill. There is already a weapon in Quake called the Grenade Launcher that can hit people around walls, that takes more effort to connect since it needs to hit directly or be timed to explode at the right time. Flak cannon in Quake would make the game less skill based by putting a less skill based gun in that role.

Lastly, the argument that all bullet weapons should utilize projectiles because "bullets aren't lasers in real life!!! it should be called the laser shotgun then!!!" is pedantic as fuck and retarded for reasons obvious to pretty much anyone aside from you apparently.
>>
Why is the shotgun the most inconsistent piece of shit in quake ever?
>>
File: Bp0uvQD.png (167KB, 297x299px) Image search: [Google]
Bp0uvQD.png
167KB, 297x299px
>>175995802
We fixed this a while ago. Now all T. Willy has to do is catch up.
>>
>>175995802

Just dont use it as a dedicated killing weapon

In QC its a special kind of bad to me though increase the fire rate of tighten the spread
>>
>>175996886
It feels extra powerful and cheap in QC but that might just be because most guys aren't building stack or even recovering health between fights and are getting demolished.
>>
>>175997225

Its really inconsistent to me in QC I dont know why

Im not the best quake player either but it just feels weird compared to live
>>
>>175997303
To be fair, nothing is consistent in QC right now >>175950605
>>
dm or tdm to que games faster? eu
>>
>>175998602
TDM in my experience.
>>
>>175989764
yeah the sound engine is totally fucked
i think doom 2016's sound mixing is pretty bad as well with the metal being really quiet in the middle of gameplay
>>
File: slash.jpg (153KB, 821x1073px) Image search: [Google]
slash.jpg
153KB, 821x1073px
>>175995916
it's a fixed spread in QC noob
>>
File: eyes.png (89KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
89KB, 640x640px
>>175999520
Show it to me.
I don't want to wait for a game I don't particularly want to play to launch + find a match + load into a map just to check.
>>
>>175999689
>tfw no offline training mode
whoever didnt include this should be fired
>>
>>175999520
that's a pretty sexy back, nice curvature, good backbone, nice sideboob with the tiniest hint of side-cleavage
shame the shoulderpad covers her armpit though
>>
initial thoughts

Lightning gun is overpowered. Extremely high DPS and it knocks you around + hitscan, higher DPS than rail.

Zoom bonus damage on super SMG is retarded.

Rocket launcher feels like trash.

Champion balance feels cheesy. They should be toned down in uniqueness by about 40% towards a middle ground. So that each champ is more similar movement/health wise.
>>
>>175999492
Didn't have a problem with the volume of the music but Doom 2016's positional audio totally sucked just as much as QC's does.

>>176001336
>Champion balance feels cheesy. They should be toned down in uniqueness by about 40% towards a middle ground. So that each champ is more similar movement/health wise.

A lot of people are saying this but even more are being speds and screaming that everyone should just adapt like the balance doesn't actually suck dick. Don't expect a fix.
>>
hey guys
I enjoyed quake 1-3a plus mods before 2003
took a break until tf2, played it casual and in 6s for years
already have 1000 hours in ow
am addicted to the qc beta

you see
for some people it just works out
and there is nothing you can say or do to make me feel bad about it
whereas everything you try to say just reflects how bitter you are
:^)
>>
>>176001551
i dunno why they fucked it up
i didn't play rage but everything before had perfectly fine audio
>>
>>175919472
>I like crit rockets in Team Fortress 2.
The only positive aspect to random crits in TF2 is that it forces some positive reactions.
People excuse themselves when they get stupid crit kills. It's probably because TF2 players are a large part children so they're pretty mature about things unlike manchildren but it really makes you feel good. It's like the guy who just killed you pats you on the back and says "we're all in this together".
>>
is there a way to play quake champions with my friend? We've both got the beta.
>>
>>176002364
The box with the + in it in the bottom left corner of the main menu.
>>
>tfw your mom asks to play quake champions with you and your name is cuntslayer2k
>>
>>176002397
I've noticed that but this is my first time with the launcher and I'm not sure how to actually add them as a friend.
>>
>>176001551
the music in this game sucks ass. I miss the old quake music, and was hoping for some good tunes considering how well done doom4 was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0
>>
>>176002809
the main menu music is pretty good imo
it would be cool if they added the old soundtracks though
>>
>>176002978
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OinLxusNRsk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcL3jHCDhNU
>>
>>176002809
new doom's music was good, but some songs went completely overboard with the dubstep effects
i wish it was more thrashy

also ruins of sarnath has literal garbage tier music
>>
I am consistently going something around 40-20 in QC, am I gud yet?
>>
>>176003437
chris vrennna, the drummer from nin is working on qc, just be open to it
>>
>>176003502
>>176002809
the new tunes were appropriate but lack any kind of memorable melodies apart from bfg division
I was surprised they played descent into cerberon at that awards show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALBKFB28E0M
>>176003594
depends who you're playing against.
>>
>>176003594
my kd ratio is everything but consistent in this game, sometimes it's 12.0 with enemies that stand still to shoot you with their starting machine gun and sometimes it's 0.4 with dudes landing every rocket
>>
File: 3GDro.gif (747KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
3GDro.gif
747KB, 500x281px
>have to zoom in for max damage
this is by far and away the worst quake ever created. mobacodquake needs to die hard and i'm going to make fun of how big of a casual pussy you are every time this game is mentioned.
>>
>>176003502
>also ruins of sarnath has literal garbage tier music
I like it, it goes well with the rain
>>
>>176003658
didn't he make the doom 3 soundtrack?
>>
>>176003709
idk, i thought https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0 was pretty memorable
>>
>>176003961
consider the fact that zooming forces the person using the weapon to slow down.

This is an intentional method of balancing the very high damage hitscan weapons that you have to zoom with. The weapons are basically given two different methods of use- high speed, average hitscan damage and low speed, high hitscan damage.
>>
>>176004241
yeah that's not quake tho.
>>
What's the definitive Q2 sourceport for singleplayer?
>>
>>176004415
i like yamagi quake
the game is perfectly playable with just the 3.24 patch
>>
>>176004379
so RG and HMG should *only* do 80 and 9 damage each with no zoom?

or you want RG and HMG more powerful and do 100 and 12 damage each with zoom?
>>
no brain, no aim, hitscan main.

this relic from the 90s needs to be removed already
>>
File: quake014.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quake014.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>176004415
q2pro or yamagi
vanilla works perfectly fine though
>>
>>176005247
damage shouldn't be based on zoom period. not quake.
>>
>>176005265
the issue is the 7 damage. The lightning gun is a weapon for finishing people off and engaging at medium ranges. This is the balance between the rocket launcher, the lg, and rail.

Rail is for long range poking. rl is for close range fighting and spam. lg is for movement control and medium range. the 7 damage lets it compete with the rl
>>
>>176005467
go back to your dead ql if you don't like it
>>
>>176005421
what's up with the cel shading
>>
>>176005545
nah i'd rather make fun of mobacodquake retards like you. you're not playing quake. you suck.
>>
>>176005247
>>176005467
it's a shitty compromise I guess
old school quakers want the 100 dmg rails and new players don't want to get spawn killed by people who know what they are doing so they just have both...
>>176005549
q2pro effect
>>
>>176005636
i have q2pro and it's not there
is it a setting?
>>
>>176005604
how is it a moba, does it have towers creeps and a throne?

how is it cod does it have killstreaks and knives?

you are just mad because bad. and old. ql is dead for a reason, changes like abilities and zoom dmg will revive the genre
>>
>start game
>two people on my team quit 30 seconds in
>game doesn't want to give us any more teammates for 5 minutes
>quit
epic game
>>
>>176005706
you suck
>>
>>176005691
nevermind found it in the options
>>
>>176005691
entity cel shading under effects setup
>>
>>176005727
>epic game
*bethesda game
epic is more competent than that
>>
>>176005604
you'd rather cry and bitch about something you can't change then support your dying breed (by playing ql)
go ahead you are just a mild annoyance
>>
>>176005843
i'm not gonna enable mobacod shitters you cancerous pos
>>
>>176005636
>>176005467
this is the explanation of why it will likely remain this way, despite the complaints week after week.
The devs said they recognize that people have different ways of playing games, and so to cater to the slow n' steady sniper players, they added zoom damage.
There will be players who grab the rail, sit still, and hit 100 damage rails instagibbing the lighter champions.

The issue is that skilled players will just quickly tap RMB and get an extra 20 damage that they wouldn't otherwise have had.
>>
wait, the railgun does more damage when zoomed in? that's a neat little easteregg
>>
>>176005957
babbys first cowadoody game
>>
>>176005885
enable? what kind of power do you think your tears have?
>>
>>176006008
there's a reason cod sold billions while quake struggles to get a thousand concurrent players at peak times. one game is fun, the other one is only played for 'prestige'
>>
File: quake004.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quake004.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>176005783
reminds me of borderlands in a way
>>
>>175983994
To be fair reflex looked somewhat promising at first but drama killed it.
>>
>>176006127
Or maybe people just have different tastes.
>>
>>176006221
the majority is never wrong
>>
>>176006056
i have the power to shit on retards like you every single day for the rest of my life. enjoy my "tears" you retarded shit eating faggot.

>>176006127
are you actually attempting to argue that sales determine if a game is good?
>>
File: quake007.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quake007.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>176006207
what kind of drama?
>>
>obvious shitposts
>still get replies
fuck off to /v/, all of you
>>
>>176006285
good != fun
learn to read

qc is fun
cod is fun
ql is dead
>>
>>176006127
Cod is easy as fuck and anyone can jump in and contribute with minimal exposure to FPS , Arena shooters require perseverance to not be InstaRekt and significant learning curve to extract FUN from a more taxing gameplay, its just not to everyone tastes certainly these days where games are no longer barebones shoot or die.
>>
>>176006505
quake live is dead because idsoftware is retarded

>fun
epic bait. hang yourself from a palm tree retard.
>>
>>176006518
where did all the veteran players go?
>>
>>176006056
he has the power of the playerbase of a ded gaem
>>
>>176006285
uh okay lol
im gonna think about it while enjoying some qc
maybe
>>
>>176006652
where did all the veteran players go?

most Quakers/UTbros will be at minimum 30 years old now, if not older.
>>
>>176006615
did you get stuck in 2005 /b/? you are so edgy its part entertaining part embarrassing
>>
>>176006956
you're dumb
>>
File: your tears..png (106KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
your tears..png
106KB, 350x319px
>>176006615
>>
>>176007062
t. mobacasual
>>
>>176005247
>so RG and HMG should *only* do 80 and 9 damage each with no zoom?
Yes. Obviously. Game has been balanced around that for years now. Making the RG do an extra 25% because you're not moving is a very strange mechanic which discourages you moving fast in the game.
>>176005636
>old school quakers want the 100 dmg rails
What? Why would you assume this? I thought the balanced was fine RG was one of the lowest DPS weapons in the game but its reach and ease of use was great. The low DPS and charge up time encourages a very different playstyle to other weapons and makes it not a good choice in straight up combat.
I don't know the stats but in this game RG seems to charge faster and with zoom it does more damage. This kills the balance of the weapons.

Boosting the DPS on the RG is fine as long as you adjust other weapons. As is it's just an easy and effective method to deal damage beyond short range. It shouldn't be effective.
>>
>>176006297
Essentially the devs were in over their heads and often would push incomplete features, and tried to pawn off work on the community. Also they were entirely unable to take any criticism often getting in fights with players over valid critique of poor choices/feature implementation. Also internal strife between the only one who was involved in CPMA who had all the ideas and the artist and coder ended in his departure. Honestly we should have known better than to trust Australians.
>>
File: you.png (266KB, 513x433px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
266KB, 513x433px
>>
>>176006806
cooller plays overwatch
many have moved on and will be open to qc
most people I know who played games back then still do but in a circle if friends, mostly games like wow or Diablo 3

some are in this thread and try to tell people to get off their lawn
funny though that they only perceive themselves as guardians of the lawn they don't own
>>
File: doom 4.webm (186KB, 351x456px) Image search: [Google]
doom 4.webm
186KB, 351x456px
i really hope they'll add some rare/expensive extravagant cosmetics and taunts

d44m did it right
>>
>>176007369
Despite all this (which I haven't heard about until now) it's a very good game.
>>
>>176007432
DAB WHEN
A
B

W
H
E
N
>>
>>176007357
Clutch and such don't move as fast as Anarki and Nyx. You really think Clutch stands a chance with 80 damage rails? I feel like the scoped=more damage is balanced in the context of QC, which is obviously not QL
>>
>>176007369
I don't think it's as nasty as you seem to think
maybe your just bitter about something
>>
>>176007431
>cooller plays overwatch
>for Seqta
literal no name team. i thought overwatch was piss easy, how come one of the best quake players in the world struggles so hard? he's not even top500
>>
>>176007432
opening screen and victory screen emotes really need to happen,especially since id/sabre has a good animator
>>
>>176007578
Well it's a poor solution to have it be zooming if the goal is to balance the slow with the fast. They should have the RG decrease damage with movement speed then. I think linearly would be fine with some kind of cap. Having a toggle doesn't solve it well. People will learn to zoom in, shoot and continue moving.

But I still don't enjoy the idea that you should slow Quake down. Why should there even be incredibly slow characters in the game?
>>
>>176007665
Because Cooller is a dueler and overwatch is a team based game with abilities.
Conventional skill doesn't factor into it as much. It's the same in Dota or CS. There's very good players in pubs but they're not part of a team and perhaps they're not even good at team play. But they're not lacking in individual skill.

I think Quake had less of this, even in TDM or CTF. There's some coordination but it's not as extreme as those games and the situations in the game are easier to read than say Dota.
>>
>>176007781
>Why should there even be incredibly slow characters in the game?
so people with a different playstyle enjoy the game as well. what's wrong with that? if you think going fast is the key to victory, pick a fast toon. that's the beauty of class based shooters, everyone gets to have fun without adapting, i.e. switching to a playstyle they don't like.
>>
>>176007665
overwatch isn't quake, in quake mechanical skill and map control were the most important things
in overwatch team strategies, timing, coordination and ult management are important, which is why tf2 pros (seagull, harbleu) are often the best ow players
don't worry though mechanical skills still can get you pretty far if you look at the best hitscan dps players (like iddqd, aimbotcalvin, kephrii or dafran) - they mostly have a csgo background though
>>
>>175994578
damn those graphics are cozy.
just had a flash back to play station one and old pc games....
>>
File: angry-old-man-2-hplead.jpg (67KB, 1200x676px) Image search: [Google]
angry-old-man-2-hplead.jpg
67KB, 1200x676px
>>176007943
>so people with a different playstyle enjoy the game as well.
>>
File: mini_sentry_gun_large.png (108KB, 584x584px) Image search: [Google]
mini_sentry_gun_large.png
108KB, 584x584px
personally i'm hoping for a champion that can built a turret of some kind. that would be fucking amazeballs
>>
>>176007943
>so people with a different playstyle enjoy the game as well.
What if Quake added a pure strategic mode where you have an auto-aim gun? It's a different playstyle. It's just at odds with a larger set of players than slow vs fast characters. You may think the slow characters are OK for what they get but trying to balance them into this game is not feasible.

Now I don't think slow characters will ever be good simply because not even this neo-ID would buff them up as much as they would need to be competitive.
I'm more worried about the effect that these characters have on the situations where they're not involved, if changes like the RG & HMG change was motivated by slow characters.
>>
>>176007924
>not dropping your RL and ammo so your teammate can rack up kills with quad
can't do that in OW
>>
>>176007943
not playing as them doesn't change the fact they fuck over the game
>>
>>176008219
I haven't found the button to do that in QC yet (doesn't appear in the keybind menu).
Can we?
>can't do that in OW
Yeah, but in perspective that's not an amazing teamplay feature. It's cool and all and it's core to Quake TDM but compared to the way people cooperate in these more team focused games it's not that much.
Quake does have a different focus.
>>
who is the best quake streamer on twitch?
who is literally /our guy/
>>
>>176008349
nah you can't in QC
>>
>>176008586
>our guy
Draqu
>>
>>176008586
cooller is officially our dude
>>
>>176008680
>literally a sellout OW player
He probably won't even come back dude. He's always in it for the money and nothing else, even back when he was playing Quake.
>>
>>176008663
The cummies guy?
>>
>>176008924
I guess? I think I missed that.
>>
>>176008586
carnage is decent
think he is fed up with ow
>>
>>176006189
check out the borderlands 3 unreal engine 4 demo they're doing things now
>>
>>176009052
I really dislike how thick the outlines are for borderlands. I also hate the gameplay but that's unrelated.
>>
>QC is suddenly a lizard simulator

What happened?
>>
>>176009635
people got tastey
>>
>>176009635
>>176009898
where is the fucking PORN
>>
>>176009929
I have idea for Sorlag lewd but thats after nyx, also it wont be vore
>>
File: vhighlight.png (117KB, 1178x716px) Image search: [Google]
vhighlight.png
117KB, 1178x716px
>>176010010
makes sense, vores haven't been around in twenty years
>>
are they going to add a grappling hook hero? or would that be too much of a widowmaker rip-off?
>>
>csgo babby enters Quake Champions
>'wow visor has wall hack I'm so totally gonna win with this'
>activates the wh thing
>exposes his own location because of the sound
>gets raped
>>
Cool original champion idea:

jk add fucking CTF mode.
>>
>>176010167
nice reddit space
>>
>>176010167
CTF mode is legitimately one of my favorite modes in FPSes.
It would also be cool if we got Bombing Run.
>>
>>176010229
Nice

Friend

10/10
>>
>>176010257
It's called 1 flag in Quake.
>>
>>176010293
Not an argument.
>>
>lower graphics settings
>framerate improves but now I get constant networking desync instead
>game can't even let me go through a doorway without fucking up and teleporting me back 10 meters

>>176010391
Good

Joke

My dude
>>
>>176010071
Good, fuck the vores. They were the absolute worst.
>>
>>176010446
Vores ain't shit compared to Spawns. You can corner peek Vores just fine and their homing balls, while extremely accurate, can be led into corners- or sometimes even into terrain right next to the Vore itself so it slowly kills itself.

Spawns are just fucking explodey assholes with way too much health for what they are.
>>
>Want to play Quake Champions
>Have to close nearly everything to get it to run
Why do you have to make me choose?
Would turning down the resolution scaling help with memory?
>>
>>176010441
Game tries to send one packet per frame. You upped frame rate, now your router dies.
>>
>>176010601
like wow like its just a beta like wow like quit being so entitled like omg its just a beta like even though they had this problem since beta 1 and it hasn't gotten fixed its just a beta like wow do you even know what betas are for like omg
>>
>>176010167
Champions would actually make sense if they weren't arbitrary eg they had a role in CTF like Sorlag on flag, Nyx capper, Anarki chaser, etc. That's an area where threewave ctf could actually improve on the original formula.
>>
>>176010693
Anon please, I know you're false flagging/joking, but I genuinely want to keep playing. I'm having fun with it, I just want to know if there's any ways to not have to close everything just to play it.
>>
>>176010828
I fixed it by going windowed mode at a lower resolution. I mean I have to do that anyways cause a corner of my screen is busted but still, it fixed it. And there was some anon a thread or two ago literally defending it cause "it's a beta" even though it's been a problem since the beginning and they have not even mentioned it as far as I know.
>>
>>176010893
I already have it at 1600x900 when I'm playing. How low did you have it?
>>
>>176010942
800x600
>>
File: speccy.png (34KB, 767x503px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
34KB, 767x503px
>>176010942
About the same as you have right now. Here are my specs too. And I also have everything on low.
>>
>>176010496
I remember 1 place in particular where I decided that I hate the vores. Couldn't tell which map or mission pack it was but there was open area with 2 of them, bridge in the middle. Maybe I was just a noob back then but damn did those assholes piss me off.
>>
>>175999927
They want everyone stressing the servers and filling up matchmaking
>>
>>176010693
>it's another nvidiafriends try to run a game without their game ready driver while getting cucked on raw compute power episode
>>
File: Speccy64_2017-05-06_01-40-19.png (38KB, 779x435px) Image search: [Google]
Speccy64_2017-05-06_01-40-19.png
38KB, 779x435px
>>176011020
Here's mine.
Need to upgrade soon, but I'm planning on getting other shit first.
>>
>>176010676
>spent so many years with too shitty of a computer to play games
>now I have a good computer and it's TOO FAST TO PLAY GAMES
I did it. I've regressed to the era of DOS and turbo buttons.
>>
File: precise.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
precise.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>176002809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGg5EM7bLpo
This is already not confirmed to be Mick Gordon, but starting at 0:24 it's already a good fit for a Quake theme. I just hope they use it in the final game.
>>
>>176011215
>defending shitty drivers
>>
What are the actual odds of getting the armor shader you want? This is some 10000 in 1 shit with all the duplicate nameplates and other similar garbage that always drops.
>>
>>176011342
>when game automatically weapon swaps and it all works out
>>
>>176011440
Hell yeah, I even fired off a second rocket to make sure he was deader than dead
>>
>>176011386
Maybe you'll be able to buy the stuff you want later.
>>
>>176011501
somtimes the game forces me to finish people off with rail and it's even easier because i was using lightninggun and im keeping my cursor on em so it just magically works out
>>
>>176011585
It makes sense if the weapon swap is fast enough. It's very common thing to do in turbo ca for example.
>>
>>176011585
I can't combo weapons ever but there had been instances where railgun pops out automatically and that shit felt good when it had no right being so

I hope the final game has QL level of gameplay options
>>
Sup guys,

I installed the beta yestrday, and everytging is good. I played with my xbone controller plugged, instead of my mouse/kb and it was working well, I had a high score. Now, does anyone know how to enable an auto-aim or assisted aim, because I couldn't find it in the settings (probably because it's in beta). Is there a workaround to enable it with the console or I'll have to edit some game files?

Thx in advance.
>>
>>176011338
if VSYNC is made to work right it should work to cap your FPS to your refresh rate without creating input lag

however SHOVE ALL THIS INTO THE FEEDBACK
try the closed forums although it's mostly a shithole
>>
File: 1445717078054.jpg (14KB, 193x270px) Image search: [Google]
1445717078054.jpg
14KB, 193x270px
>>176010676
Alright, I driver-limited the framerate to 80 and now I don't desync but absolutely everybody else that hasn't is teleporting to the point where they're impossible to track.
>>
>>176011338
>>176011909
Not him but back in week 1 the menus were frying GPUs left and right and vsync 100% did not work. Had to cap fps by using drivers.
>>
>>176011909
I manually capped my framerate at 60 through the Nvidia control panel. Apparently that's still too fast, and my connection is from roughly 2007 and is good enough to play every single fucking multiplayer game in existence EXCEPT FOR FUCKING QUAKE CHAMPIONS BECAUSE IT EATS MY FUCKING BANDWIDTH LIKE SORLAG IN A DELI. WHY THE FUCK DOES IT NEED HUNDREDS OF KB OF UPLOAD SPEED? THAT IS RIDICULOUS. GO FUCK YOURSELF, BETHESDA. IT ISN'T MY FAULT I LIVE IN THE THIRD FUCKING WORLD AND HAVE LITERALLY NO OTHER INTERNET PROVIDERS AVAILABLE.
>>
File: qyack.jpg (40KB, 1074x588px) Image search: [Google]
qyack.jpg
40KB, 1074x588px
Do you guys ever open global chat?
>>
>>176012067
Also
>however SHOVE ALL THIS INTO THE FEEDBACK
>try the closed forums although it's mostly a shithole
There is a thread there regarding the 255-ping-disconnect bug with 148 posts and over two THOUSAND views, not a single mod or dev comment in sight.
>>
have done anything about the performance yet? it has been in closed for a month now
>>
>>176012006
>>176012013
>>176012067
these are all serious issues and complaints that should be mailed to id Software in form of a bomb
>>
>>176012430
I put every one of my complaints in the beta survey feedback, I hope they read those very carefully instead of letting some PR fuck filter them.
>>
>>176011775
I'm looking for this too.

Can anyone help?
>>
File: 1471830917183.webm (338KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471830917183.webm
338KB, 854x480px
>>176012115
>twitchmemes spelt wrong
>>
>>176011020
>>176011229
There's nothing you can do since the game pulls over 10gb of RAM even on startup and you only have 8.

>>176012067
If it makes you feel better playing against people like you is just as miserable.

>>176012393
Performance of the game itself is fine, low for the relatively poor visuals, but unless you're on a memory loss toaster like the 8gb bros above it should be fine.
>>
Whats the best item build for Quake Champions?

Focus on mana regeneration, or focus on dps items?
>>
>>176013062
>If it makes you feel better playing against people like you is just as miserable.
You don't get to play against me because I get auto-kicked within thirty seconds or so of a match starting.

I was just able to play a full round for the first time by limiting my framerate to fucking 30. It was awful, unplayable, and I still had lagspikes where everything shat the bed sideways. Other than that it seems like a pretty fun game IF I COULD PLAY IT.
>>
>>176013062
Actually, lowering the actual resolution and the resolution scale helped.
>>
>>176013186
visor with rail

but now thinking about it, visor with grenades is going to be broken since you know exactly which doorway to spam
>>
>>176013062
>8gb is toaster tier
nice meme my dude. I guess SSDs should be mandatory too for loading the menu in less than 5 minutes? I could understand some open world good looking game requiring 16gb but it's a shooter with three maps, no excuse.
>>
>>176013241
It seems every game has at least one lagboi blipping all over like it was 1998 and we were playing ipx emu over hamachi with dial up.
>>
File: bullrush chase.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
bullrush chase.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>176013062
Not him but I had the same issues during beta 1. Here's how I fixed the problems.

>install 381.65 QC beta drivers
>put everything on lowest (AA on ultra)
>play windowed (which I intended)
>limit fps to refresh rate with Nvidia Inspector
>driver 16xAF if needed

Memory leak will get to you in about 10+ matches so just restart the game. It boots fairly quickly and no lag ingame. 2500k 4.6Ghz, 1060 3GB, 8GB ram.
>>
>>176013368
planetside 2 released in 2012 and was essentially SSD requirement and barely survived on 8gb

it's 2017. 5 years in computer tech.

MANDATORY
>>
>>176013368
>8gb isn't toaster tier
Sorry about your forgetful pc, but 8gb barely runs chrome.

It's especially odd because your pcs are old enough to have gotten 16gb of ddr3 back when it was 32 dollars for matched sets.

The load times for this game are dogshit and they don't even spread load calls over multiple cores.

There are a lot of goof design decisions going on.
>>
>>176013609
planetside 2 had huge maps and shit optimization, as evidenced by the fact that larger games exist with better loading times and ram usage
>>176013658
>but 8gb barely runs chrome
lmao what? 8gb is more than enough to run any aaa game with all my shit in the background but qc just eats it for no reason
>>
all of these player limits make the game feel so slow. it's a lot more boring now
>>
How do i strafejump properly with visor? I can't gain more speed with him than other characters, am I just bad?
>>
>>176013658
>fell for 16gb meme
I have 8gb and I've ran out of memory only when working on huge projects, not while playing video games or browsing the internet.
>>
File: coming to n64.jpg (194KB, 784x1024px) Image search: [Google]
coming to n64.jpg
194KB, 784x1024px
>>
Other than the missing Grenade Launcher, what new weapons would you like to see in Quake Champions?
Can be a Starter Weapon or a Regular Weapon.
>>
>>176014596
Redeemer ofc.
>>
>>176014596
I don't think there's any interesting new weapons that fit in this game.
>>
How to defeat Klesk on Nightmare? That motherfucker keeps direct hitting me with rail and even if I wont let him take it and 100hp/100ar, he instawipes me with plasma
>>
>>176014596
Hyperblaster skin for nailgun when
>>
>>176014596
i really prefer the plasma gun to the nailgun, but we cant have both
if nailgun gets a plasma gun skin it might be enough to fool me though
>>
>>176007642
>what we were promised
CPMA2 with a built in map editor and modern quality of life features

>what we got
A game where stalememeskins are given dev priority over just making a good competitive game with features that come out pretty much finished and just need bugtesting. Oh and all the maps are ass too.
>>
>>176014145
>Fell for
>Can't even load up a game in 2017
Sounds like you're telling fibs.

>Currently running processes not including system or drivers
>Chrome
>Nier
>Steam client
>Total commit [wired] 8,985MB

8GB is totally enough. Just hit that hard swap file baby. That's where the real performance is.

8GB was the new 640kb in 2011.
>>
>when sorlag blinks, her eyes are animated with a third horizontal eyelid like an actual reptile
neat.jpg
>>
>>176015121
I can run web browser, steam and any video game at the same time and the load times are reasonable. 8gb, no problem. If you want the 16gb although you don't need it, then sure, go for it. I can't stop you from falling for the advertises.
>>
>>176015121
Also:
>chrome
This only proves further your incapability to think for yourself.
>>
>>176015505
>Also:
>>chrome
>This only proves further your incapability to think for yourself.
This only proves further your incapability to think for yourself.
>>
>>176015546
You do understand that you're serving your personal information on a silver plate to strangers? Once you hand it out you will never get it back.
>>
>>176014716
I cheesed it and avoided all long range engagements and forced him to come to me. I always had plasma or shotgun ready for him.
Same tactic I used for Xaero except on steroids
>>
Just lol at people complaining about the game performance on their rigs, and completely forgetting the most important problem...

THAT QUAKE CHAMPIONS FEELS LIKE A MIX OF OVERWATCH, BRINK AND LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

They should change the name of the game at the very least, because the game has literally nothing to do with Quake except the name similarities.
>>
>>176015995
What similarities are you talking about? The two things I see - it has abilities and it's multiplayer
>>
>>176015995
They planned classes for Quake 3 but they ended up using the runes instead. Would you like to tell us more about your autism?
>>
wtf is wrong with the pickups in qc? why are the hp/cd values random? why is there no yellow? why are mega and red in such shit spots? has anyone on the dev team played a quake game before? food for thought
>>
>>176016112
>>176016128
Stay mad.

Have fun with Halo, Cod and Quake Champions...

And enjoy your cosmetic items and skin boxes.

Casual cunts.
>>
>>176016213
You know what beta is for? For testing things. How weapons, champions, pickups, maps work out. And those are subjects to change
>>
>>176013426
that webm made me giggle good job, anon
>>
>>176016275
>Casual cunts
This kind of aggression indicates that you're the one who is getting mad. What kind of games do you play?
>>
tfw TDM gets boring after a few matches
actually the thing that gets boring is waiting for a new match to start
>>
>>176016485
Agreed. They really should speed things up.
>>
>>176016275
>And enjoy your cosmetic items and skin boxes.
I will. Hope I'm getting the Q2 railgun soon.
>>
File: 1384310295635.png (152KB, 524x908px) Image search: [Google]
1384310295635.png
152KB, 524x908px
>>176016364
5 betas later nothing of value has been changed. Why would they make minor balance changes while "testing" changes to core mechanics? Just because it's a beta doesn't make it any less autistic. Not like they have have a perfectly functional pickup system readily available afterall
>>
>>176013609
planetside 2 is the most shit game ever so it makes sense that it cant be run on any hardware
>>
>id knocks it out of the park with Doom 2016 and idtech6 and looks to be having a revival
>somehow ends up with the engine with the shittiest performance and FPS netcode ever made for their online-only fast-paced Deathmatch shooter
>>
File: 1479005591028.jpg (9KB, 259x259px) Image search: [Google]
1479005591028.jpg
9KB, 259x259px
>>176016571
>5 beta weekends is enough for big changes
>>
>>176016452
Nowadays?

Starcraft II
The new Unreal
And military simulation games

CSGO is too casual compared to cs 1.5/1.6
Dota 2 is too casual compared to DotA

The comptetitive genre is dead, because pussies like you pay more attention to the microtransaction items than the actual game. You were born with shitty genetics and slow motor skills, so you can't get good at hard games requiring a lot of skill and practice.

The companies just go where the money is... and currently, the money is in the microtransactions of casual games made for the masses and Mobas.

Deal with it.

I hope a time machine sees the day soon, so you can travel back and experience what a competitive game actually is.
>>
>>176016889
It's Sabre custom engine with some work from Id. And our game developers always had problems with game engines, especially for shooters. They started doing quack champignones before Idtech 6 got finished.
>>
>>176016924
Are you projector irl? I play the original Quakes and sometimes csgo. In csgo I've never spent a cent on skines and I would probably rape you in Quake.
>>
>>176016924
>bab listing games he thinks are hardcore like it's not obvious as fuck he's some sort of casual souls tier shitter
>>
>>176016897
>5 betas isn't enough to fix a single important gameplay bug
>reinventing the wheel is okay because it's the beta
>they will completely fix the core game in the next couple months before release
c u in 6 months when the game is still shit
>>
File: 14169291934950.jpg (20KB, 337x367px) Image search: [Google]
14169291934950.jpg
20KB, 337x367px
>>176016924
>Starcraft II
>impying rts games are not chess-retarded shit with combinatorics instead of tactics
>military simulation games
>implying low ttk games with they only two tactics being camping and flanking have anything in common with skill
>dota 2 is more casual than DotA
>literally the only change from dota is deleting wc3 game engine fuck ups
>somehow it make game more casual
What makes you shitpost in this thread for two consecutive days at least?
>>
>>176017174
Is QC your first beta?
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 337x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 337x253px
>Blizzard abandoning Diablo for a TF2 mod
>Bethesda making s multiplayer FPS
>"But anon, why don't you like esports?" they asked. "You love video games, shouldn't you love esports?" they asked.
>>
>>176017458
Betas are publicity stunts now, not actual stages in development. They already have the polished turd they want us to eat and when the game goes live, they'll have all the testing data they could ever want.

Then we all give them a standing ovation when the applause sign says to because they're so dedicated to providing us with "continuous updates" that used to be "fixing your goddamn game before making people pay for it."
>>
>>176017395
Did you even read the patch notes of the last few years?

Huge gold bounty if you kill a player that is doing well (patch for new players and noobs like you)

Nerf skill based heroes like Invoker (patch for new players and noobs like you)

Add two runes and bounties, because it's too hard for noobs to keep focus on the river (patch for new players and noobs like you)

Add a timer for the stun duration so you don't have to learn spells by heart (patch for new players and noobs like you)

Add a visual with the exact numbers of the damage you're taking, so you don't have to learn how much damage each attack/spell does to you (patch for new players and noobs like you)

Add shrines, so you can regen health and avoid learning to bottle-crow (patch for new players and noobs like you)

And so on...

Yet, there was a huge problem about foreigners queuing on western servers, since DAY 1 of the beta.... and it got fixed... in 2017!

We can see where Valve puts its priorities:

Making the game casual and attracting as many players as possible, to sell more stuff. Easy model, and they're not even hiding it.

The real Dota is dead long ago.

You've missed the real deal. Sorry.
>>
>>176016924
You are stuck in the past. Unable to adapt. You won't enjoy any modern video game. Fuck off if you know what's good for you.

>>>/vr/
>>
>>176017956
>hurr durr it was good before and now it's shit I SAID IT
Take your medecine and go to bed, grandpa
>>
>>176017458
beta isn't an excuse for a broken game and shitty core mechanics. It is an excuse for missing assets, minor bugs or a lack of polish but it's very clear qc has much more severe issues than that.
There is a reason why saber's history is games that range from garbage to mediocre. They managed to fuck up halo online and master chief edition both of which are literally just ports of older games.
bethesda just outsourced the game to the shittiest, cheapest developers they could find that could still make a somewhat functional game
>>
>>176016924
>You were born with shitty genetics and slow motor skills, so you can't get good at hard games requiring a lot of skill and practice.

Sounds like you're a fat piece of shit who will get schooled by children in Nintendo's augmented reality hit, Splatooniverse.

Being able to control a mouse with its sensitivity maxed is not the future of competitive video gaming.
>>
>>176017048
Sure, sure.

Watching a video on Youtube doesn't give you the right to say you've played it, by the way.

And lol at playing CSGO...

I think it's even worst than COD. You can now insta kill someone wih the auto shotgun at Long A, against someone with an AWP.

Casuals gonna casual.

Just stop arguing with me if you're born after 2005.
>>
>>176018026
They didn't come to YouTube and Twitch personalities and cut deals for endorsements by having them make recommendations the devs gave to them, then gushing in their videos about how they used their suggestion to improve their game.

Let's see how many suggestions they take from Anonymous. Who's in the beta?
>>
>>176018032
>broken game and shitty core mechanics
Define "broken game and shitty core mechanics". Problems I experience are bad netcode and some balance issues like strange pickup placement and rl delay.
>They managed to fuck up halo online
From what've I heard it was our publisher Innova who fucked it all up. But yeah, the only good thing Saber did was Will Rock and that was in 2003.
>>
>>176017993
>>176018026

Casual kids... why don't you just accept the facts.

Do you even fucking understand how the industry works today? I bet you don't, because you wouldn't be here trying to argue with me.

Developers LITERALLY dumb down games to attract the casual masses (like you, and the others in this thread) so they can sell them DLCs, crates, skins, weapons, etc.

You're so dumb and naive that I'm not even sure if you're trolling or not.

Stay a sheep, spend your cash on microtransactions, stay a noob.

But at least, accept the facts.

You're not playing Quake... you're just playing a casual game using a famous name to attract more people.
>>
Hey guys, is there a way to unlock a red dot sight to put on my rifle in Quake Champions?

Also, how can put blue camo on the shotgun, and at what level do I unlock it?

Thx.
>>
>>176018531
All you do is calling everyone dumb casuals and talking shit like you know everything while not even remotely making any arguments in your defense. Why would anyone even want to talk with you and not just call you delusional schizo? Because you are one
>>
We

Need

More

Reddit

Spacing
>>
>>176018531
we need nickname for this autists
>>
>>176018370
the netcode is horrible, even in matches where everyone has <20 ping rockets and rails go thrugh people. You get rubberbanded just by running around the map at times. The delay on the rl makes it unusable, made worse by the fact that it's not even consistent. The pickups are awful, not just the placement but how they work mechanically. Some of the heroes are horribly designed, revolving around a "fuck you" button you use when in any danger. The load times and optimization are both bad, with 3+ minute menu load times on an SSD and sub 60fps framerate on some high end pcs
There are lots of minor bugs, issues and missing features which I can sort of forgive since it's a beta but on top of the bigger issues it just feels like there is not a single competent person working on the game

>t was our publisher Innova who fucked it all up
sure, they probably weren't the reason it was cancelled but even when it was out it was extremely buggy with a lot of the same issues qc has now
>>
>>176019180
Maybe because I have played games when they were actually good, and not made to milk people out of their cash overtime?

And maybe because I worked as a marketing consultant for various big studios in the industry?

Why am I even arguing with dumb kids like you... You should be thanking me for opening your eyes and telling you how you're being manipulated.

But hey, you only can help yourself. And it's definitely not easy when you have a low iq. My support goes to your parents... It's not easy to have a mentally ill kid, and it takes a lot of effort.
>>
>>176019285
I never understood why people type like this.

Why does there need to be a double-space between every sentence?

How do these people read if they get lost in text so easily?
>>
File: wew.jpg (17KB, 480x378px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
17KB, 480x378px
>>176019805
>and maybe because I worked as a marketing consultant for various big studios in the industry?
my dad works for id too man
>>
>>176019823
>How do these people read if they get lost in text so easily?
The probably don't read anything but memes
>>
>>176019805
I really enjoyed playing Q3A during its time before moving on, and now I'm really enjoying bitter elitist faggots like you suffer. You had your chance. Bleed out.
>>
File: settings.jpg (217KB, 2331x768px) Image search: [Google]
settings.jpg
217KB, 2331x768px
i7-6700K 4.00Ghz
16 GB RAM
runs at constant perfect 144 FPS
zero issues, very very smooth
>>
>>176020550
Enjoyed Q3A...

More like: enjoyed watching Youtube videos of Q3A so I can give more credibility to my arguments online and try to defend the fact that I'm enjoying a casual game.

Honesty is a virtue.
>>
>>176020857
should i take a picture of the box sitting on my shelf? not everyone has become a bitter faggot
>>
>>176020857
>projecting
>>
>tfw halo 5 is the last """""arena"""" game that will have a decent population
I miss ffa on deck16
>>
>>176018205
>this rant comes from babby born in 2000
Whatever rocks your autism, boy.
>>
>>175988775
>still haven't gotten flecktarn for ranger

I want 2 die
>>
>>176006189
black outline around everything isnt cel shading retard
>>
File: hmmm.png (2KB, 352x47px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
2KB, 352x47px
>guy with 0.1 hours in QL shows up, gets pushed into a corner by 4 shafts and then leaves
>more shitposting starts on /arena/
>>
File: not this slipgate again.jpg (330KB, 735x809px) Image search: [Google]
not this slipgate again.jpg
330KB, 735x809px
STOP RESPONDING TO THE REDDISTPACE FEDORA RETARD
>>
>>176017670
>Blizzard abandoning Diablo

blizzard murdered diablo long before ovenwatch
>>
>>176019805
I used to be autistic elitist faggot like you but I grew out of it. Honestly, grow up or at least let others enjoy the things they like. Give the new things a spin and if you don't like them then go back to the old ones. Liking only the old games doesn't make you better player. There is absolutely no reason to be an asshat like you unless you actually have autism.
>>
>play ranger, go 40-6
>play visor, go 50-9
>play scalebara, go 37-3
>play anarki, go 50-21
>play sorlag, go 44-1
>play clutch, go 33-4
>play galena, go 29-2
>play nyx, go 33-27
>play slash, go 17-23

really makes me think
>>
STOP
RES
PON
DOING
>>
>>176022579
I can't help it. I have nothing better to do at the moment.
>>
>>176022661
Then dig through the archives and post a webm or somesuch, just don't respond to this nigger, his sole purpose is to shit up the thread
>>
>>176022274
I feel sorry for him desu, imagine all your self worth coming from being an elitist in some dead game and proving the world hardcore you are
>>
>>176022761
I see. But I must say he must have autism for real. I argued almost 3 hours ago with him. Then I went out, did some shopping, drank a pint in a pub, watched seagulls fight at beach, watched raven mess around with some box, then I came back to check the thread. He is still at it.
>>
>>176022562
this
>>
>>176022562
So are you implying squishy characters are worthless trash
>>
>>176022478
Here's the thing you're missing...

I've worked as a marketing consultant for some big companies in the industry. Not specifically for ID or Bethesda, but for other ones. I've taken part to multiple brainstorming sessions even before games were in development, and one thing is sure...

The devs give ABSOLUTELY ZERO, Z-E-R-O fucks about "bringing new ideas to make the game better and more interesting"... They just look at what's popular now and how they could attract the highest number of players (even if it requires them to make a shitty casual game like it's currently the case) and how they will monetize it. That's it. We're not in the early 2000s anymore, where devs cared to create amazing games with new breakthrough graphic engines...

They just see what's working now, spend cash on marketing, and then they milk players out their cash.

Stop being a naive cunt.

Look if you can get a job as an internship in the industry, and then you'll understand that money is their primary goal... not some gaming breaktrhoughs.
>>
>>176022985
>>176023036
he's full of shit, just don't respond and he'll go away. I think I'll have to make a warning image at one point
>>
>>176023227
They are shit against railgun gods with good aim
>>
>>176023294
>he's full of shit
for his sake I hope it's just some troll persona, this nigga sounds shizo and needs to re think his life
>>
File: 1366275625_autism_and_children.jpg (113KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1366275625_autism_and_children.jpg
113KB, 500x300px
>>176023274
Didn't read, lol.
>>
>>176023318
and heavies are dog shit against anyone who can hit 40% LG
>>
>>175989487
Because they're slow and you're so big all the braindead new players can suddenly hit you consistently.
>>
>>176024026
And if heavies are good with lg too?
>>
>>176023274
THIS

I've worked for a start-up studio making a crowdfounded game, and the boss wanted us to spend more time on creating skins they would sell later, instead of fixing some HUGE bugs and imbalanced mechanics.

Greed sucks.
>>
File: 1435972970613.gif (3MB, 658x800px) Image search: [Google]
1435972970613.gif
3MB, 658x800px
>>176024445
run

or you know, use rail, use rockets, use shotgun
>>
>>176024526
>>176023274
Samefag detected.
>>
>>176024859
Stfu delusional faggot. I just entered this thread.
>>
File: retard.jpg (69KB, 599x541px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
69KB, 599x541px
>>176001942
Look up the word sarcasm.
>>
File: arena.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
arena.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
thank you for the inspiration Reddit Space Joe
>>
>>176024526
anecdotal evidence surely is representative of the whole industry

take overwatch for example, you could look at it as mobafps thats just there because mobas are popular and blizzard wants to milk the fps genre too for the money not caring about any breakthroughs
and you could look at it that way that it is successful because people WANT such a game
and both these perspectives aren't mutually exclusive, they can both be true
companies need to make money, and they make money with things that can be successful
and whether you like overwatch or dota or lol or csgo these are all incredible successful games which are well designed and have a high replay-ability (for the many people that enjoy them)

then take a game like battleborn which wanted to appeal to the meme audience making a boring and repetitive game a lot more uninspired than ow and a lot closer to mobas, that game failed and it failed because most people think it sucks

with game developers like blizzard you get a lot of content for what you pay
whereas gearbox is extremely greedy charging for every skin (see borderlands)

tl;dr stop generalizing
>>
File: 1486618579859.gif (616KB, 244x156px) Image search: [Google]
1486618579859.gif
616KB, 244x156px
>>176025129
HOLY SHIT MY SIDES!
>>
mobaquake? more like wait champions
because of the atrocious loading times hehe
>>
>>176025239
You have no clue on what you're talking about. Please, don't state your opinion as fact.

If you remotely knew how marketing in the industry worked, you'd know that it's not an anecdotal evidence. Every devs know the tools they can use to make money... they know the techniques used by other companies, they know what to do, what to avoid, etc. It's all calculated, and they have a plan WAY before even starting the game.

Those are facts, and you can verify them by yourself. You could even call a company and tell them you'd like to be an intern for a day. They'll make you sign some confidentiality papers.

Just do it, and then come back here.
>>
>>176025939
>Every devs know the tools they can use to make money
devs dont care about marketing, they look down on it, they implement what they are told (such as selling loot boxes)
devs have no say in game design decisions (thats what game designers do)
game designers have contracts with studios which have contracts with publishers and of course they dont design the game as they develop it. having a plan is a good thing.

implementing micro-transactions in your game is questionable, but that is a whole new discussion
if you look at the mobile market you can see how such a model can make the whole market shit, but those models (pay2win) aren't very successful on the pc market

you are confusing a lot of things, maybe as an intern that worked one day for a small mobile game company would

tl;dr you dont know shit :^)
>>
>>176026471
You're a joke...

Making well-formulated sentences doesn't make your statements any more true.

It's sad to see people like you trying to sound like professionals... but have zero experience in the field.

Stay delusional, little kiddie.
>>
>>176027108
Not him but you're the same autist who have been in this thread for hours. We know your life sucks already. You can go now.
>>
File: UH.png (27KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
UH.png
27KB, 512x512px
STOP RESPONDING
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HOW DENSE ARE YOU PEOPLE
>>
>>176028685
I stop now, I promise. I'm just tempted to see how autistic he really is. As in how long he can keep making shit up. He never worked as marketing consultant and even if he did he probably got fired for his ultimate autism. I'm curious to know how much more retarded his shit can get.
>>
>>176026471
>devs dont care about marketing, they look down on it
holy shit you're delusional if you think devs develop games for fun and not to earn money.
>>
File: ciwolxd.jpg (40KB, 802x190px) Image search: [Google]
ciwolxd.jpg
40KB, 802x190px
>>176029030
reminds me of this guy
might be the same person actually. both of their autism are pretty fucking severe
>>
>>176028575
>We know your life sucks already
guess what, you're stuck in this shithole as well, you are just as sad as anyone else here, you fucking turd.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEjaJSnaDYQ
>>
>>176029568
stop shilling this trash
>>
>>176029568
great video
hopefully more people will up their game watching these
>>
>>176029468
Excepting I'm not stuck here. And I'm not neet. As a matter of a fact, I'm going out in a hour.
>>
>>176029030
"Devs in 2017 make games for the players"

"They don't care about DLCs"

"They NEVER used shady scams like pre-orders to get enough money and deliver an incomplete game"

"They focus all of their energy to bring fresh free content to the game and they ABSOLUTELY never put any effort in creating items for microtransactions"

"I live at my parents house and I have a low iq... I also know for sure that this guy with the best arguments here ABSOLUTELY doesn't work as a marketing consultant despite the fact that every single statement he made looked true"

"Cod and battlefield care about their players, they never split the original content in 10 DLCs and they DO NOT want to make more profit"

"Hurr durr"

Yeah, please stop responding, stupid little cunt.

You should be used as an advert for contraception.
>>
>>176029904
>Excepting I'm not stuck here.
how do you know that other guy was here for hours? you didn't eagerly follow the discussion like a pathetic little bitch, did you? the hurrdurruraloser shit doesn't work on 4chan you retarded nufag. go back to /v/
>>
>>176030007
See this: >>176023036
You don't need to get mad, though.
>>
>>176030153
>wasting 3 hours of your life arguing about digital toys for children
yeah, you must lead a very fulfilling life, i'm sure of it.
>>
File: 1455375621726.jpg (82KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1455375621726.jpg
82KB, 400x500px
Brehs can I get a code for q:c? I already have one but my friend didn't get in.
>>
>>176030238
I was out and came back to see posts hours later. Have fun with your virginity and neet 'life'.
>>
File: 2353.jpg (55KB, 900x677px) Image search: [Google]
2353.jpg
55KB, 900x677px
>>176030000
nice duplicate numerals friend
>>
>>176030416
>assuming things on no basis because you got called out on being a shithead
ad hominem, the last defense of retards. pathetic
>>
>>176030510
In which point was I shithead? When I pointed out that I'm not stuck in here?
>>
>>176030638
We know your life sucks already. You can go now.
>>
>>176030638
do us all a favor and get a tripcode.
>>
>>176030671
Just stating the obvious. You don't need to get upset.
>>
Are you guys enjoying Call of Quake: Infinite Champions?

Did you unlock any new perks, scopes or military camo?
>>
File: where.jpg (48KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
where.jpg
48KB, 400x302px
>>176030816
>Just stating the obvious.
good job, great addition to the thread. get the fuck out, you are not welcome here.
>>
>>176030909
I will get out soon, as I said earlier. What are you going to do with your Saturday?
>>
>>176031102
>I will get out soon
good. make sure to never come back, imbecile.
>>
>>176031165
Why so mad, though? I mean am I supposed to be neet and loser to post here?
>>
nyx has the best asss and hips i've seen in a videogame.
>>
>>176031270
Yes. And you are
>>
>>176031270
>Why so mad
because you were trying to insult some guy that actually contributed to the thread, i.e. you being a shithead.
fuck off already, no one cares about your shit. you add nothing to the thread. all you're doing is wasting my bandwidth and the air you breath.
i'll let you have the last word, because you're the type of guy that won't stop pointless discussions online. playing with children's toys and trying to insult other people using the virgin defense. that is so rich.
>>
>>176031415
But I'm not neet nor loser.
>>
>>176031507
Then why do you post on 4ch?
>>
>>176031658
Because I wanted to discuss Quake Champions but instead I ended up into head to head internet fight with an autist.
>>
does anyone want to play HLDM
>>
>>176031504
What have you added to this thread?
>>
>>176030401
try previous threads, people were posting a bunch of them
>>
File: YfYuNbG.jpg (56KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
YfYuNbG.jpg
56KB, 500x667px
give me a single good reason for tanks to exist in qc. im waiting
>>
>>176032645
so people with a slower playstyle can enjoy the game as well.
>>
>>176032686
what about those people just just kill themselves instead of shitting up the fucking game
>>
>oh right that new old quake game is just around the corner
>let's see if there's a general on /vg/
>oh there is, maybe somebody is giving off keys
>300 posts of pointless autistic bickering between children

so uh, I guess no keys?
>>
>>176032852
if you don't like it, go back to your dead ql
>>
>>176032914
i never played quake in my life you dumb ass nigger. i was told it was gonna be fast, and yet theres 3 toons who move slower than my mom irl and have dumb abilities
>>
File: here.png (21KB, 598x284px) Image search: [Google]
here.png
21KB, 598x284px
>>176032883
be quick

>>176033041
what's stopping you from playing reflex or ql
>>
>>176032883
QFN3пидop-D37Eхyй-P3FByeбoк-4X2Qдoлбoeб-R72M
Here you go. I guess you'll figure it out
>>
>>176033082
because they look like fucking ass? and i like classes, sue me, nigger
>>
>>176032009
I'd rather play AHL, TS, or a different deathmatch mod.
>>
File: 1465660148823.jpg (29KB, 238x241px) Image search: [Google]
1465660148823.jpg
29KB, 238x241px
>>176033041
>i never played quake in my life
>talks shit
>>
>>176033041
>I don't know how to play fast so they are slow
>toons
b8 or retard?
>>
>>176033308
>>176033379
if you like scalefag, sorlaga and whoever the other cunt is called just kys retard
>>
File: 1493805626647-vg.png (178KB, 381x354px) Image search: [Google]
1493805626647-vg.png
178KB, 381x354px
>>176033417
>can't go fast with sorlag
>mad
Git gud, you dumb nigger
>>
>>176033417
calm down slowbro
>>
>>176033749
>Git gud
1v1 me in overwatch faglord

id/stary on steam
>>
>>176033749
>>176033764
theyre ow toons, i dont care if u can still strafe/bhop with them
>>
File: 1479545573121.jpg (31KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
1479545573121.jpg
31KB, 511x288px
>>176034003
>overwatch
>i like fast gameplay
>>
File: 1490400913111.jpg (459KB, 1600x2399px) Image search: [Google]
1490400913111.jpg
459KB, 1600x2399px
>le overwatch
>toons
>>
This is becoming one autistic ass general, hope they lift the fucking NDA soon
>>
>>176032645
when ur TDM and the entire other team is camping the spawns with rail so you hammer Q/change champion on death screen to spawn scalebearer and smash F screaming "FUUUUUUUCK" to the YA
>>
>>176034251
>This is becoming one autistic ass general
the problem is that they handed out 3 keys to every player, now this general is infested with /v/ kids and normalfags. i don't see how le ep*c frag webms and shitty blogposts are going to save this general
>>
>>176004030
Chris made the only the main theme of the game, Trent was suposedly to make the sound effects and soundtrack, but he bailed halfway through production (there's even a downloadable soundpack for some of the sounds he made)
>>
>>176034378
so what is going to save this general? 2 QL players circlejerking how elite they are? or what?
>>
File: DT6Jn1i.jpg (173KB, 1199x1013px) Image search: [Google]
DT6Jn1i.jpg
173KB, 1199x1013px
>play visor
>TDM queue is slow, queue DM instead
>only sorlags/and scales
>tank all of my damage off the jump, get traded anytime i can get a frag on someone
>acid spit and charge panic F's any time i get the jump on someone

wow, people enjoy this shit?
>>
>>176034473
yeah bro tanks are great! ~XD /arena/ loves them, they make the game fun :)))
>>
>>176034473
git gud

t. visor main
>>
>>176034415
I've seen Trent's sound pack and while they're meatier, I remember them being a bunch of engineered stock sounds.
>>
>>176034473
you actually just have to git gud mate
I dominate with flimsy shit like Slash and Anarki
never have to trade, stick around for their F
only sanic, pickup+stack, ambush, and wheeee
>>
File: hahaha.png (284KB, 499x559px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.png
284KB, 499x559px
>TDM
>stomping hard 3 of them leave
>3 new players join at 6 minutes left
>they come back from huge handicap and win easily

wanna kill myself
>>
hole shit sorlag is the best thing that happened to the quake franchise ever
>>
File: 1458931606460.png (28KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1458931606460.png
28KB, 560x407px
people already complained about
>anarki
>nyx
now its time for
>sorlag
>scalenigger
>nobody talks about mediums
>most agree clutch is UP

congratulations of a pretty well balanced game id/sabre
>>
File: QuakeChampions_Nyx_1[1].jpg (286KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
QuakeChampions_Nyx_1[1].jpg
286KB, 1280x720px
nyx sfm when?
>>
>>176034915
clutch is going to be a must pick in ctf
>>
>>176034915

heavies are only annoying in FFA, because it takes so much to down them and if you're lighter and you trade rockets/shotgun then you are at more of a disadvantage. but FFA is a meme mode anyway, so who care...
>>
>>176034820
they were good or you choked?
>>176034867
>t. scalie
>>
why the hate on abilities? it makes the game frsh, it's kind of like an overwatch lite, just faster. and ow sold a billion copies, qc is going to be the savior of afps thanks to different toons battlefield style, tf2-like customization, moba stats and overwatch abilities. it's a combination of the most popular games, how is that not fr*ggin amazeballs?
>>
>>176034915
Clutch is UP because if he wasn't he'd be massively OP. Like, Clutch is shit 90% of the time but then he's unstoppable bullcock horsefragging dildo insertions the remaining 10% of the time.

Depending on the other game modes he can easily be considered "required", like maybe CTF
>>
>fr*ggin amazeballs
2/10 I chuckled
>>
>>176035049
You're right. They made a good game from the best aspects of other popular games. And it works fine IMO.

Of course, the "1337 Quak3 fatal1ty 30 yrs old v3t3rans" will find it easier than the old Quakes, but who cares? None wants to spend months and months of daily practice to hone their skills so they could finally have fun in the game and enjoy playing it. No more need to have ultra fast reflexes to have fun.

Plus, the cosmetic items and skins will bring some freshness to the game and bring more colour. It's not my problem if you're too poor to buy boxes with blue camo skins. Just get a job.

Keep raging while I enjoy my COD, Overwatch, Quake Champions and Killzone games.
>>
Anarki or nyx lads? Who is the real champion of pros?

I like nyx's abilities and also her skins are way better, but cpma movement feels too good to pass up on.
>>
They said nothing's changed this beta, but server lag and exceptionally rl delay feels even worse.
And I still can't accustom to this fucking rail scope, excepionally with jump bound to lmb and scope to spacebar. Can't hit shit scoped.
Fuck me. Fuck this game. Fuck everything.
>>
you know why the rl sucks so hard? because mobaquake noobs would get creamed otherwise
>>
>>176035771
>Who is the real champion of pros?
Ranger.

Nyx and Anarki are for players who need ez mode tiny hitboxes to beat up noobs with

Ranger is straight up the best. Best health/armor/speed combination. Best active ability. Passive ability makes the most important additional advanced movement tool to be used more aggressively, rocket jumping.
>>
>>176036108
>aggressively, rocket jumping.
If game worked properly, man. Right now it's more like passive aggression. You shoot wall, knockback hits you 0,5 second later.
>>
you know what qc needs? a champion with an airstrike ability and one that can place a stationary turret
>>
File: quake000.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quake000.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>176008052
Quake 2 has great sound design and joining an empty deathmatch server is mad comfy
>>
Quake 2 is fucking boring lmao
>>
>>176022153
quake 2 pro supports cel shading why do you talk about things you don't know
>>
File: 6ba.jpg (24KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
6ba.jpg
24KB, 318x318px
>real Quake players laugh at you
>Overshit players laugh at you
>if I wanted Overwatch I'd play that instead
>hurrrr it has the name Quake on it so it's Quake
>game is Quake only in name
>adding moba mechanics to quake just makes it not quake anymore
>y-you're just stuck in the past, mobaquake is le future
>game is literally two ancient games badly stuck together but somehow this is the future
>game plays like some poorly developed uninspired mod that a 5 year old could have made a better game out of
>>
>>176036628
t. ut4 player
>>
>>176036628
if you don't like it go play any other arena game that tried to replace quake then

or just go play old quake
>>
>>176036728
>ut4
>players

?
>>
File: 1462343981258.jpg (23KB, 352x356px) Image search: [Google]
1462343981258.jpg
23KB, 352x356px
>>176036628
I'm having fun, so yeah, eat shit sperg
>>
>>176036819
>every time someone says anything negative i'll tell them to go play another game
Why? I already play Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3, their mods and Quake Live. Fucking tard.
>>
>>176037136
'or just go play old quake'

not good at reading are we?
>>
File: Free_bd3b59_2970811.jpg (52KB, 449x630px) Image search: [Google]
Free_bd3b59_2970811.jpg
52KB, 449x630px
>>176037127
if you have fun with this shit you'll have fun playing with your own feces

>>176037206
I already do. Retard.
>>
>>176037265
then why are you having sook about a game you don't want to play?
>>
>>176037265
>I already do
No, you are shitposting here.
>>
How whould you feel about Rail and MG having headshot damage instead of zoom damage?
>>
>>176037360
If a game is shit I say as much. That's how it works you fucking moron. That's how it's gonna be until this game disappears.
>>
>>176037509
and who are you for anyone to actually care?
>>
>>176037568
You obviously care enough to respond so go fuck yourself you little twat.
>>
>tfw no one plays shootmania
>>
>>176037624
>replying in 4chan takes any sort of consideration or effort

???
>>
>>176037719
Wow it's almost like that logic works both ways.
Cuck Chumpions players, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>176037824
If you take anything or anyone here seriously you might want to reconsider your outlook on life
>>
>>176037969
How much do you get paid to post here?
>>
>>176038074
epic lmao

I haven't even been given a code yet, but Beth assured me I'm getting one after this
>>
>>176037424
>If you play a video game then that's all you're allowed to ever do
So you don't play any video games I take it?
>>
>Unreal Tournament is now faster paced than nuQuake
>>
>>176036505
quake 2 is more fun than 1 or 3 because actually useful grenades
>>
>>176039074
And useless slow-ass rl
>>
>>176039364
not really
it's just not as overpowered as the QW rocket launcher
>>
>>175984050

Feels weird seeing your name in that game on the enemy team
>>
>>176039074
Quake 2 mp is awesome but it gets hate because they pissed off Quake 1 vets with slow weapon switch, nade nerfs, no shaft, slow rocket speed travel and single player with an entirely different theme that feels like the wrong game. And they're right. It's the mods that made Quake 2 mp amazing and that's what everyone played. CTF, AQ2, RA2 and WF were what 90% of the population played. Or some lithium mod FFA DM.

At some point the RA2 mod added a quickswitch server flag IIRC and the server I played on most enabled it. I remember being able to consistently rj -> switch to rail in mid air -> fire rail in mid air. You could barely do this without quickswitch enabled.
>>
>>176039738
you underestimate the popularity of quake 2 deathmatch
>>
File: ecn46Er.gif (1MB, 750x324px) Image search: [Google]
ecn46Er.gif
1MB, 750x324px
just a friendly message from /eog/ to stay strong and carry on with business.

we also have suffered from sudden influxes of /v/irgins who think they can discuss the game right on their first week.

your average /v/ playstyle is set by trends and failures to dedicate yourself to any game beyond the comfort zone, so all you have to do is stay patient.
>>
my biggest qualm with q:c is that ranger doesn't go HUH on every jump

please upvote if you agree
>>
>>176040452
Quake 2 FFA was filled with noobs and most of them migrated to lithium mod. AQ2 was by far the most popular game mode, followed by RA2, then CTF, then WF. It's hard telling how popular DM was because
1. many of the people who played it were noobs who didn't know how to install mods
2. many of the servers were heavily modded flavors of DM

Vanilla TDM and duel were no where near as popular as the mods, not even close.
>>
>>176034867
sorlag has the thiccest tail
>>
>>176040889
my second biggest qualm is that sorlag isn't a boy
>>
Quake Champions is so fucking bad.

Only casual players born after 2006 will enjoy it and jerk off on the various skins and dropboxes.

You missed the real deal. You'll never know what Quake REALLY is.

Enjoy your casual Moba shitfest.
>>
>>176041034
also you can install quake live if you dont like qc and know
>what Quake REALLY is.
>>
File: 1479435964432.jpg (13KB, 353x459px) Image search: [Google]
1479435964432.jpg
13KB, 353x459px
>>176040770
HUHpvoted
>>
>>176041109
QL is a bastardization of Q3 that is only played because of its ease of access. A new player will have no clue how to make Q3 run properly. Various attempts to automate the process don't gain traction because they don't have a giant behind them like Valve or Bethesda. Guarantee if Valve had Quake 3 it would be insanely popular rn.
>>
>>176040802
Even today, tastyspleen's ffa server regularly fills up. It's too bad Quakeworld's community never got organized. There are more people in quake 2 deathmatch right now than in every single quakeworld server. Q2 CTF and Chaos DM are awesome though.
>>
>>176041034
>Dead clan arena simulator with 500 players at peak times
>REAL QUAKE

sure. How long do you plan to keep this series of bait posting up?
>>
>>176041286
>A new player will have no clue how to make Q3 run properly.
>download game
>download ioquake3
>play
No different than running any other Quake sourceport.
>tfw only have q3a with its ded servers because not paying for quack live

>>176041352
quakeworld nights WHEN
>>
>>176041352
>Even today, tastyspleen's ffa server regularly fills up

That's more of a reflection of the fact it's easy to fire up FFA today and find some people playing rather than proof of which game was more played in its heyday. Even I, who never played FFA for any considerable period of time back in the day, found myself playing some FFA on tastyspleen server because I didn't have to install any mods.
>>
>>176041492
>No different than running any other Quake sourceport
You overestimate the competency of people. To me it's easy sure but I mean the average gaymer doesn't even know what sourceport means.
>>
>>176041286
QL is just Quake 3 with better netcode and a few balance changes.

>>176041492
After Quake 2 night maybe we can get enough people to play TF.

>>176041534
Quake 2 community got their shit together and there's no work involved for downloading and playing mods now. They have a bot in most servers that you can use to invite people from other servers to join whatever you're currently in. Obviously mods were one of the biggest and best parts of Q2.
>>
>>176041918
>QL is just Quake 3 with better netcode and a few balance changes
No it's a soulless husk of Q3

>Quake 2 community got their shit together and there's no work involved for downloading and playing mods now
Yeah I have ra2 installed from their installer and I'm aware they had regular game nights. My point is simply the one server with people regularly on it is in no way a reflection of the most popular ways Quake 2 was played back when it actually had players. AQ2 was so popular gooseman went on to make counterstrike, for example. No where near as many people play aq2 today but it was insandly popular in its time.
>>
>>176041724
It's so fucking hard to remember that most people are retarded. After decades of playing GoldSrc and Source games, anything related to Quake/id tech is completely second nature at this point, and sometimes I forget that people get confused by things like "drag and drop .bsp file into \maps directory, type 'map x' in console" and need additional hand-holding like the Quake Injector.

>>176041286
>Guarantee if Valve had Quake 3 it would be insanely popular rn.
Valve has Deathmatch Classic, which is an old remake of Quakeworld, and literally no one plays it. Probably because it isn't a 1:1 remake and the neat viewmodels can't make up for the odd bunnyhopping physics compared to QW.
>>
>>176042505
>Valve has Deathmatch Classic
I mean if Valve had Quake 3, they'd identify a popular game mode and improve it and make it more popular just like they did with CS and TF with 1.6, GO and TFC and TF2. Some hobbyists creating an installer and sourceport isn't likely to gain the traction of someone like Valve would. I guarantee if Valve had Quake 3 they woulda made RA3 and duel at least on the level of tf2 popularity wise if not csgo with cosmetics and esport integration alone.
>>
>>176042195
How is it soulless? How is that a real criticism?
>>
>>176042997
I mean the game selection aka mods pales in comparison, removal of blood, limited config editing. CPMA is 1000x better.
>>
>>176043120
CPMA doesn't even properly support 16:9 aspect ratio. Config wise I ended up using the same commands between them and you can just mod blood and gore back into QL.
>>
>>176043465
>Config wise I ended up using the same commands between them
That's an excuse. The limited config exiting is a major complaint.
>you can just mod blood and gore back into QL
That's legal? Huh didn't use to be i'll look into it.
The announcer change also pisses me off.
Also CA is a poor subsitute for RA3
There's just always something I can't do in QL that I could in Q3 that pisses me off. It's all the little things add up.
>>
>>176043827
there's multiple announcers
QL was never meant to replace Q3 for anything other than the basic gamemodes
>>
>>176042912
Are you serious?

Valve went downhill the last few years. Once they noticed how much money TF2 made them when it went Free To Play... they just started to focus on shitty cosmetics and how to increase microtransactions.

CSGO is nowhere near CS 1.6

Dota 2 is nowhere near DotA (altough it was fine during the early beta years)

They just dumbed down the games and made them more accessible to he masses and sell more skins and creates. It's not only my opinion, but it's fact that has been stated by Valve themselve.

Everyhing changed went they saw how dumb people are about microtransactions... so they have no intention of creating new games.

They just used their previous fame of "fathers of esports" to try to create some "competitive" games like D2 and GO that are way too dumbed down compared to the originals.

And they will keep going, as long as dumb cunts keep wasting money on flashy skins.
>>
>>176042912
If Valve had Quake 3 they would have added a speed cap or patched out bunny hopping as well as never releasing the source code. Fuck off.
>>
Anyone got anymore beta keys?
>>
>>176044161
Don't forget the battlepasses and item crates.
>>
>>176043971
Valve went downhill or not the fact is they took a mod of a game and made it famous.

>>176044161
Bunny hopping wasn't central to CS like it is Q3. I beta tested CS and the game got markedly better after Valve bought it. I too miss WON, no recoil and bunny hopping tho. But still, CSGO is far less egregious when it comes to these things than say, CoD..
>>
>>176045290
bunny hopping was central to TFC and they still capped it
fuck off
>>
>>176045338
No I'd argue a class based shooter is better balanced by nerfing it. TFC was awesome. A game like RA3, say, which is based entirely around mid air theatrics? I think they'd enhance this aspect rather than nerf it. Valve tends to do what makes the most sense, agree or not. They try to bring out what the game is about.
>>
>>176045669
TFC was still imbalanced as fuck, Pyro has always been useless and Medic is the go-to damage dealer, defender, flagrunner, etc etc etc.
>>
>>176045767
They stopped diverting funds towards it, rightfully so? I prefer TFC but TF's not my game. If it were I'd have no problem playing TF2. In its time, TFC was extremely popular and good, thanks to Valve. So good people left TF for it.
>>
File: 1385766898817[2].gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1385766898817[2].gif
2MB, 320x200px
>redownload hl2dm for nostalgia reasons
>hl2dm fov locked at 75
>changing it is considered a cheat

who the fuck thought this was smart
>>
>>176043971
>CSGO is nowhere near CS 1.6
why do you believe this?
inb4 they ruined it by fixing bugs
>>
>>176046087
>valve games
>good

once the nostalgia wears off you realise how bad everything got after HL1
>>
>>176046220
I agree, I've been playing HL1DM and having fun, then played some of the later games, everything really went to shit

HL2 sucked, this is indisputable

DoDS and CSS were maybe the last good valve games

but none of them were great after HL1
>>
>>176017670
>Blizzard abandoning Diablo
Thank Christ. They've raped it enough as it is.
>>
>>176041034
>t.muh <100 player game
>>
File: 1491271955585.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1491271955585.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>176034963
>still no rule34 of her
>>
>>176046129
Are you serious? Did you even play cs 1.5 or 1.6?

They removed most of the wall bangs, because it was too hard for noobs to deal with...

They made every gun useful, because noobs got used to battlefield/cod, and they want to play with different guns...

The auto shotgun, uzi or akimbo berettas are now as good, if not better than AK, M4 an AWP...

Shitty hitboxes that bring a bigger factor of luck in the game...

It's a game for dumb people and low iq kids.

When I used to play cs 1.6, I never heard kids mic-spamming all game long. In fact, only serious people played it because it required skill.

When I tried GO, I had to mute most players on the server, because most were kids mic-spamming and talking about how good heir bright pink uzi is.

That shows you the target audience: casual kids that have their wallet ready to buy skins and other useless items.
>>
>>176046398
HL2 > HL1
especially HL2E2
>>
>>176046712
24 hours
>>
>>176046794
>The auto shotgun, uzi or akimbo berettas are now as good, if not better than AK, M4 an AWP
lolwut

AWP is still deadly as ever. They balanced some guns = bad? aahahahaa

>Shitty hitboxes that bring a bigger factor of luck in the game...
Yet bad players lose just as hard to good players.

And matchmaking tiers means noobs can't win unless they're beating good players and they're not.

All your crying amounts to jackshit.
>>
>>176047469
Just stop responding nigga like what are you even doing
>>
>>176047469
Stay mad, stay bad.

Have fun with your shitty Counter of Duty: Infinite Offensive.

Too bad you missed cs 1.6 when it was popular... yoj could have tried a real competitive game.
>>
File: 1466270039251.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1466270039251.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>176047801
>Stay mad, stay bad
qc has attracted the assfaggots crowd already it seems
>>
>>176046794
>Shitty hitboxes
the single biggest thing that reveals you're just a retarded nostalgiafag. The netcode and hitboxes in 1.6 were notoriously terrible. why do you think lan play was the big meme? because the game was extremely inconsistent even at low pings, and at anything over 60ms it was unplayable. But I'm guessing you're one of those people who hates any form of lag compensation because you think people should win based on who is closer to the server. csgo has much better netcode than 1.6. In every way.

>I never heard kids mic-spamming all game long.
go launch 1.6 right now and join a random pub. You'll be greeted with downloads and obnoxious serverside sound effects. The only reason people didn't micspam back then is because it was harder to do.

>he auto shotgun, uzi or akimbo berettas are now as good, if not better than AK, M4 an AWP...

must be hard to be so shit at the game you get shit on by bad weapons
>>
File: a8e[1].gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
a8e[1].gif
2MB, 240x180px
just started up ioquake 3 for some cpma and I'm getting like 30fps and the game is jittery as fuck, out of nowhere, what the FUCK happened

I checked and it's not using the SW renderer and recognizes my card

should I just reinstall

>>176046923
>HL2 > HL1
>especially HL2E2

lol
>>
>>176045290
You mean they took several mods in development, make them paid for, and then fuck them up with retarded design decisions and split the community. Minh Le was cockblocked at Valve for years when he wanted to make a Counter Strike sequel while they outsourced CS 1.6 rehashes. You could make a sequel to Rocket Arena right now and modify the engine in whatever way because the source code is freely available unlike Goldsource or Source. I can't believe Valve fanboys still exist.
>>
>>176048028
try quake3e or CPMA's own shitty client
>>
>>176046923
probably the best story based single player fps ever made
>>
>>176048498
>try quake3e or CPMA's own shitty client

but ioquake3 worked so well until my shit got cucked up out of nowhere
>>
>>176046794
>When I used to play cs 1.6, I never heard kids mic-spamming all game long.

Next time you're lying atleast try and hide it
>>
>>176048353
>You mean they took several mods in development, make them paid for, and then fuck them up with retarded design decisions and split the community
Wow you're delusional as fuck. CS was a really cool idea as a mod back in beta but it became markedly better when Valve got involved. It went from half life tdm with CS skins to its own full blown game. It's too bad gooseman couldn't have made a sequel but ultimately it was his decision and he said as much on an ama on reddot
>>
>>176036510
CEL
SHADING
ISNT
PUTTING
A
BLACK
OUTLINE
AROUND
EVERYTHING
XIII IS CEL-SHADED
COJ GUNSLINGER IS CEL-SHADED
JET SET RADIO IS CEL-SHADED
WARSOW IS CEL-SHADED
BORDERLANDS ISNT
GET IT RIGHT YOU FUCKING NIGGER
>>
>>176047985
You're talking about a game you didn't even play...

So please, just shut your damn casual mouth.

"B-b-b-u-t I've read about the game online and I watched two youtube videos... I now know enough to argue with someone that played the game for 10+ years competitively"

"I suck at games and I'm trying to convince myself that I am good because I play a cod copycat that has the rights to use the trademark of a classic competitive game"

"Hurr durr I play Quake Champions, I'm fucking pr0, even if I never touched any other real Quake game in my entire pre-pubescent life"

Stay bad, casual kiddo.
>>
File: 91755948729.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91755948729.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
STOP RESPONDING TO HIM
JESUS ROLLERBLADING CHRIST
>>
>>176049030
suck my dick choke on it
>>
File: c4a[1].png (145KB, 419x310px) Image search: [Google]
c4a[1].png
145KB, 419x310px
I'm sick of all these fucking games fracturing the community

>cpm
>qw
>ql
>reflex
>diabotical (lol)
>warsow
>now qc

why in the hell can't we have 1 FUCKING GAME FOR VQ3 PHYSICS

and 1 FOR CPM PHYSICS

so that there are actually fucking people to play against instead of balkanized bullshit

STOP MAKING NEW FUCKING GAMES

STOP MAKING CPMA VERSION 99999999

JUST STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>176049031
lmao what makes you think I didn't play it? cs 1.6 isn't some exclusive club, it was the most popular shooter at the time retard

sounds to me like you're the one who sucks at games and it makes you so mad you spend the entire game trying to justify reasons for new players wrecking you in games that you spent your whole life playing. It makes you so mad you spend the entire day shitposting about how them youngins are beating you because of abilities instead of actually playing the game
>>
>>176049384
>diabotical
guess which one will be the most played by kids
>>
>>176049637
it looks like reddit: the game

I was excited that I have enough people to play reflex and cpm with, but now with qc, then redditbotical, I don't think I will anymore
>>
>>176049384
everyone plays quake live
>>
>>176049809
not the airstrafe community, they're divided 3 ways between qw, cpm, and reflex
>>
>>176049384
>fracturing

noone plays any of these games other than ql
>>
>>176049997
all three of those games are on life support
>>
File: standards.png (24KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
standards.png
24KB, 500x283px
>>176049384
>>
>>176046087
tell me abou it
fov in tf2 has been capped at 90 for the past decade because valve was worried that kids who would set it to max would get nauseous
>>
>>176050396
>fov in tf2 has been capped at 90 for the past decade because valve was worried that kids who would set it to max would get nauseous
are you serious? for real?

>>176050323
exactly
>>
>>176050491
yeah
the one thing i love about tf2 classic is that it lets you set fov to 100
valve has been actively ignoring for the community for so long that nobody has any hopes for any bug fixes or general changes
>>
>>176049384
>qw
That isn't a branch, that's literally just Quake 1 multiplayer (because Netquake sucks ass).
>>
>>176049594
I still end up over 20-0 when I run CSGO... which happens once every year.

I'm mad cause noobs like you, who didn't even play the old games, because you were either bad, or just too young (or not even born yet) come here and think they are 3lite because they play CSGO and Quake Champions...

Just lmfao.

The games you play are in the same group as cod and battlefield. Games made to attract the dumb masses that have bad reflexes and low testosterone levels to try to be the best at something.

Playing CSGO doesn't mean you know what Counter-Strike is, so shut your filthy mouth, and accept the facts.

Enjoy your battlepasses, crates and flashy knifes...

While I'll enjoy my memories of wrecking noobs because of my good hand-eye coordination and skill.

Noobie.
>>
>>176050297
ql's accessibility killed all the other quakes
i hate modern day idsoftware with a passion
>>
>>176046087
Valve also broke tons of stuff with the steampipe update like the master server for goldsource and made the visuals worse overall by resizing a bunch of non power of 2 textures. Also they fucked up compatibility with some old mods for HL2.

>>176051531
Being a straight upgrafe from vq3 is why QL killed Q3A aside from mods.
>>
>>176052317
>made the visuals worse overall by resizing a bunch of non power of 2 textures
why were there textures that were non power of 2 in the first place? motherfuckers need to learn to UV map
>>
>>176052418
Who knows. You also can't change FOV in Steam HL1
>>
>>176049594
Yeah.

Stay quiet.

Pussy.
>>
>>176052529
you can but it resets back to 90 every time

>>176052317
but dude xD le based gabe, le pc master race, valve is awsum they release such kool skins :))) wut r u talkin abot console peasunt
>>
>>176052317
>aside from the only reason quake is alive today
*fixed
>>
i think that if a videogame is fun then you should play it
>>
>>176034003
this is fucking bait
>>
>>176052529
There's a bunch of other changes in the Steam version of HL1 like missing graphical effects and nerfed weapons. I don't know why.
>>
>>176053419
lmao how do people still defend this shit company
>>
I'd take Valve's version of defilement over Bethesda's changing my fav franchise into a different genre, any day. At least I'd have people to play with in the actual game.
>>
>>176053419
Yeah the gluon gun beam is fucked in the Steam version and it's impossible to revert to older versions of HL. I can't take anyone that shits on id while praising Valve in the same sentence seriously. Keep in mind QL was made when Carmack was still around and they still released source code for games. I used to browse HIT a lot which was a HL modding forum and when some guys tried to contact valve about a source release or even getting a license to goldsource Valve basically told them to fuck off and just buy a license to source.
>>
>>176054376
>Yeah the gluon gun beam is fucked in the Steam version and it's impossible to revert to older versions of HL

in what way?
>>
>>176054376
Also the last Source mod I was looking forward to (Jaykin Bacon Episode 3) is now moving to UE4 because they're sick of finding workarounds for trivial shit in Source engine and paying a license at this point is worthless.

>>176054428
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKkJPFmDW9Q
Some of these issues were eventually fixed and this vid is out of date.
>>
>the old /qlg/ we had to fake shitposting just to inspire small amounts of posts to keep it alive
>qc is big enough to attract actual shitposting

I'm both happy and annoyed
>>
>>176056826
It's still early days my friend, all roads lead to memes.
>>
>>176056826
every new shit game has hype before release
this has to be the least hype of any of them
half the discussion here is nothing to do with it
and it's still a dead general lol qc sucks
>>
>>176057459
love you too anon <3
>>
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/52292/so-am-i-the-only-ones-noticing-the-aimbots-already-out-snip

Cheaters everywhere
>>
>>176057912
I watched someone accused the enemy of cheating and being 100% convinced they were just because they were using scoped rail and 1 shotting them off spawns.

I explained to him that they weren't because they weren't even good players, but he still insisted they were and went on to report it. Some people are just lost in their delusions and ignorance.
>>
File: MDMA.png (91KB, 507x615px) Image search: [Google]
MDMA.png
91KB, 507x615px
There's a bit too much negativity in this thread I think. Can't we all just be friends and enjoy QC together?
>>
>>176058197
I agree I doubt anyone is cheating as of yet but in the future they probably won't be able to stop it. f2p game, get banned for cheats, make new account, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>176058494
There's a lot of strong anti-cheat tech out there. It's possible to make the game to the point that cheating is complicated and costly.

Then a CS style human cheat monitoring system for the suspicious cases, which can come with a hardware ban just to complicate things as much as possible for the dedicated cheater. These cases come from either $ cheats or custom cheats.

As long as these later cheats are reduced to sufficiently small number the game will be enjoyable.

There are most certainly a few faggots using very simple cheats in QC right now. These are probably just AHK scripts and the like. But there is certainly significantly LESS people cheating than what the community imagines.
>>
>>176059512
I've never seen a successful anti cheat solution. Yeah monitoring every game is the closest to it. You look at Valve and Blizzard they do everything they can to stop them including suing the authors and cheating is rampant in csgo and overwatch. In my mind the only way to stop cheating is to stop designing games that make cheating so advantageous. Make weaponry slow moving projectiles and melee so aimbots are worthless. A game like Tribes would be a good example if you remove the autos and snipers and add more nades and mortars and swords and shit. Wallhacks and aimbots become worthless.
>>
>>176059909
>overwatch

No it isnt, cheating is not easy in overwatch, they waited a few months, had a massive ban wave and banned the credit cards. When cheaters rebought the game they found their new game was banned too. I'm in grandmaster and haven't seen a single hacker in 3 seasons.
>>
>>176059909
>Blizzard does everything they can to stop them

no actually Blizzard ran into running Overwatch with zero cheat protection other than a general reporting feature. ie there was a ton of backend things that they simply were too lazy to do that permitted cheating to be easy, free, and rampant. second thing they did was wait months at a time to review cheating reports to ban anybody for cheating(they did only one cheating mass ban in 2016 in the month of august), which managed to only catch a small fraction of the cheaters. It got so bad in Korea, because of the low investment cost to play Overwatch (installing cheats on computers in pcbangs, etc) that Overwatch was facing a potential meltdown as a playable game, so they finally got off their asses to do something about it, which was to pursue legal action first and foremost because they still weren't motivated to do the software stuff they could be doing.

Overwatch is the essential case of relying exclusively on a paywall for anti-cheat. Interestingly enough I think Blizzard thought that since most of their game is literally non-FPS like ability MOBA that they wouldn't have to worry about cheating becoming rampant. Blizzard is probably the worst example to use as an anti-cheat department.

Lastly, there are projectile aimbots, although they take more effort to make.
>>
File: LIEpjAp.jpg (118KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
LIEpjAp.jpg
118KB, 410x410px
>there are overwatch players CURRENTLY IN THIS THREAD
>>
>>176060893
Cheating is rampant in starcraft and warcraft 3 with maphack mods.
>>
do you think sorlag will eat me if I ask nicely
>>
who here wants to play WON half life

aka no speedcaps and valve jewry

just pure old school arena FPS
>>
File: 1487267423588.png (169KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487267423588.png
169KB, 400x400px
>SpanglishGamer: Jaja yes!
>>
File: 1470049110110[2].jpg (65KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1470049110110[2].jpg
65KB, 601x601px
>>176063560
please anyone I beg of you
>>
>>176063560
I don't think you can even play the WON edition online anymore.
>>
File: 1393074690206.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
1393074690206.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>176059909
>You look at Valve [...] they do everything they can to stop them including suing the authors and cheating is rampant in csgo
Valve can't/don't stop cheating in CSGO because they can't/don't use any "intrusive" anti-cheat software that extend beyond the sandbox of Steam and could potentially violate a users's privacy. There are unofficial CSGO services such as ESEA which do a far better job at auto-detecting cheaters because they don't abide by the restrictions Valve do.
So, saying Valve is doing "everything they can" and implying the VAC is some sort of spearhead in cheat-detections software is not an accurate statement.
>>
>>176064946
>>176063560
>cancer poster
no thanks
>>
File: 1491332319672.jpg (22KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
1491332319672.jpg
22KB, 400x599px
>Look at enemy team
>It's ANOTHER 2 scalebearers 2 sorlag's episode
>>
>>176065064
you can with a server emulator called WON2
>>
>>176065302
are you implying I'm a phoneposter? I just looked up "pepe ok" and put the image in my file location bar which saves the filenames, that was the filename it had.
>>
>>176065857
You really are fucking cancer, no thanks.
>>
File: funchamp.jpg (152KB, 1518x285px) Image search: [Google]
funchamp.jpg
152KB, 1518x285px
>THE SHOCKER
>POINT BLANK
>THE ROCK
>THE SHOCKER
>THE ROCK
>THE SHOCKER
>IMPRESSIVE
>THE ROCK
>THE DRILL
>MID AIR
I'm having a blast playing the fragbot
>>
>>176066654
>ballet
>choo choo
>venomous

I love this announcer
>>
>>176066654
I started out with him and it was nice and fun since it let me focus only on moving and aiming but now that I tried sorlag there's no going back

>FROM THE GRAVE
>VENOMOUS
>PARTY STOPPER

baiting people with barrier or protecting your quad teammate as clutch is still good though
>>
QC is super fun, very good game at its core that needs some small changes to really push it into "perfect"

Here's a list
>LG disparity
It's far too effective at too many ranges in general, and it absolutely demolishes large hitboxes with slower movement who take full 100% accuracy hits from it where small, fast hitboxes can AD through it for <50% accuracy.
It needs a change.
>Netcode, performance
"It's just a closed beta" This beta better improve these issues drastically or this game will be DOA. Toasters gonna toast, but the average joe needs to be able to play this game.
>Tutorial, easy mode lead in, matchmaking, etc.
If you just dump people into a FFA with the wolves and they get shredded, the attrition rate in the first two games will be so high that you won't have a playerbase.
Go all the way. Hook the normies in for the $$$.
>Reporting feature
There is none. Change that.
>Spectate mode
This better exist. You better do a good job on this. I've got 15 followers from fragging noobs too hard. What can they do with that? Just see that I'm online?
>Maps
Need more.
>Game Modes
DM aka FFA shouldn't be default. It's an inherently bad game mode that should be viewed as a warmup/familiarity mode.
The more team modes the better.
>Play of the Game
There are so many upsides of this feature, it would be criminal to not include.
>Merit/award system
Before the game ends, share the game's stats/medals, and allow people to vote for who they thought did the best.
>in-game voice support
Again, this makes the game more social.
>Audio engine
It's a turd. Literally what the fuck. Like holy donkey balls. #2 issue behind netcode/performance. If I were to game review I would subtract 20% score if it launches with the joke of the audio engine that this game currently has. It essentially doesn't exist.
Let me repeat.
Literally what the fuck. It's like the equivalent of making a AAA game in 2017 and then saying it only supports native 800x600 resolution.
>>
>>176066654
nothing feels better than scale on blood covenant
>bunch of autists fighting over the quad before it even spanws
>bullrush the pile
>kill the quad carrier
>instagib 3 others at once
>>
File: nyxbabs will defend this.jpg (193KB, 1885x409px) Image search: [Google]
nyxbabs will defend this.jpg
193KB, 1885x409px
>>176067160
I play most of the champions.
Sorlag and galena are probably my most favorite ones.
I really enjoy clutch,visor,ranger and nyx

I don't know why but despite being a CPMtard, I have terrible games with anarki.
I hate playing scalebearer and slash with a passion
>>
>>176067303
>nerfing LG
no, they need to buff RL.
>netcode
yes
>tutorial
yes
>reporting feature
it's a bug icon in the main menu.
>spectate mode
too early to ask in beta
>maps
yes
>game modes
yes
>potg
too early in the beta
>merit system
all of my yes
>ingame voice
definitely happening sometime
>audio engine
idk
>>
>>176067662
>>176067303
also, to add to this: you really need to be able to see the hp of teammates, unless I'm retarded there's no way to know as it is

sometimes me & a teammate are at the megahealth waiting for the spawn at the same time. I just want to pick it up and deny it, but maybe he needs it more and there's no way to know

also galena can heal people but you can't tell who needs it
>>
>>176067823
>no, they need to buff RL.
I feel like the LG is crowding out the RL, SNG, and the SSG, with the RL being the best performer of those 3. ie. the SNG and the SSG don't work against those carrying a LG, which kinda just means everyone just uses the LG.

I'm really not seeing reason to buff the RL first over nerfing the LG and seeing what happens.
>>
purchasable armor shaders WHEN? I keep rolling the ones that make the characters look like clowns. which is most of them

gotta make my lizard look good
>>
>>176067067
>>176067160
>>176067312
>Casual unskilled players flock to the overpowered tank crutch heroes

Like clockwork. Remove fucking tanks.
>>
>>176068783
>ballet
>tank
>shitposter in charge of using his brain

It can be hard friend but I'm sure you can do it
>>
File: disability.jpg (29KB, 460x333px) Image search: [Google]
disability.jpg
29KB, 460x333px
>>
What is the best beta map and why is it ruins of sarnath
>>
>>176069865
has the best layout for going fast movement
the double hallway stack is cool
>>
File: ring.png (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ring.png
24KB, 512x512px
>>176066654
not
>shub slayer
>showstopper
>party breaker
>denied
>>
File: meduls.jpg (305KB, 1338x1338px) Image search: [Google]
meduls.jpg
305KB, 1338x1338px
r8 me
>>
>13 lg gods

crutch abusing shitter
>>
>>176070595
I doubt you can get 393 impressives and 26 midairs with abusing a crutch
>>
>>176070846
>26 midairs
>somehow a huge number

and then
>ping dude with rail
>finish off with lg
>repeat
>>
>>176067303
Wait, what's so inherently bad about FFA?
>>
>>176070936
post your medals pls
>>
Plasma gun when
>>
>sorlag

opinion discarded
>>
File: medals.jpg (181KB, 900x889px) Image search: [Google]
medals.jpg
181KB, 900x889px
>>176070595
>>
>130 PB
>3 sg
>58 midairs
>4 rlg

you're alright
>>
>>176071862
I'm glad that this general isnt filled with shitters
really gives me hope
>>
Nail gun > machine gun > shotgun for starters, right?
>>
>>176072331
if you can land shots with nailgun, yes.
>>
I just got a quake champions beta key, are the servers active?
>>
>>176073517
you have 21 hours
>>
deathmatch really gets me mad cause i hate dying from behind
>>
>>176073898
play duel
>>
File: 1489723283226.jpg (50KB, 858x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489723283226.jpg
50KB, 858x1024px
>DM
>3 people vote on Blood Covenant
>spawn behind RA literally every time for 5 spawns
>alt f4
>join back into the same game
Stop voting for this map in DM PLEASE
>>
>classic deathmatch
>fighting 1v1 or in a small group
>it looks like you're going to get the kill
>faint "CRUSH THEM" in the distance
what do you do
hard mode: you are not nyx
>>
>>176074115
move to the side and get 2 free kills
>>
maid costume for sorlag when?
>>
>>176075814
>not a naked costume
>>
>>176075814
Never.
Sorg is for killing, not cleaning.
>>
File: .png (778KB, 657x854px) Image search: [Google]
.png
778KB, 657x854px
i challenge you to make a more obnoxious costume
>>
>>176076114
Literally everything Slash has
>>
>>176076114
Same thing but with one of the shaders that has a texture on it like the chainmail or that bright green web one.
>>
File: WONTHELOTTERY.png (449KB, 546x713px) Image search: [Google]
WONTHELOTTERY.png
449KB, 546x713px
>>176076114
>>
>>176076587
H-hey Morty *burp* check out this gun I found
>>
>>176076587
>>176076698
You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditard to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience
>>
>>176076114
>>176076587
i'm very impressed
>>
>>176076926
Holy autism batman.
I'm not either of them, I don't like science and I don't think it's super clever or deep.
It's just enjoyable, I like rick as a character and the episodes are unpredictable. It's not laugh out loud funny, it's just entertaining and different from all the bland and same-ish shit we've seen for ages.

It's just a good show to dick around with and watch when you're bored. Nobody thinks of it like that.
>>
>>176077250
it's copypasta
>>
>>176077325
I should've known better.
The only autist here is me I suppose. And the anti-quakechampions contrarians.
>>
>classic deathmatch
>spawns are so fucked on maps that aren't Ruins everyone just uses Nyx or Slash to disengage out of a shitty spawn
>>
>>176077584
I mean to be fair I have seen a lot of autistic, anti-RM bandwagon hate and unrlsurprisingly it's the same group that yells reddit at everything
>>
>>176067303
>player of the game
No there is already the top 3 like it has always been in Quake, no need to go full over watch.
>>
>>176034473
Visor is only good if you can strafe jump and even then when he runs into tanky champs he outright loses 9/10 times.
>>
>>176015398
>Shows empirical proof that X>Y
>Still claims Y>X
>That backfire effect
Never change 4chans. Never change.
>>
Amazing what a speed buff does tanks were considered shit earlier
>>
>>176077895
>on maps that aren't Ruins
bullshit
i've spawned in the same shitty location under the quad 3 times
>no health
>closest gun is downstairs around 2 corners, it is also the least reliable gun to get kills with
>have to completely kill your momentum twice if you want the rg, and chances are someone is already camping it next to the mega
i almost killed my keyboard that round
let it live because im merciful
fuck ruins of sarnath
>>
>>176078507
tanks werent shit before.
people just can't deal with LG.
>>
>>176078654
I said it before
I think they should put a SSG in place of the ammo pack near that spawn.
>>
>>176078654
the central eye feels really awkward too
>>
tf2 fag here, do you crouch when you rocket jump? I'm not getting any extra height when I jump and crouch, in fact I get less than when I just jump
>>
>>176079737
no.
>>
>be up close someone with a shotgun
>12 damage

Fucking quake
>>
>Before rocket jump ninja's video
>Fun game
>Carrying all kinds of games
>Getting all pickups and dominating

After
>Pickups constantly stolen by useless shitters
>Watch visor player steal big armor from me and proceed to miss 4 rails on a guy in front of him
>Substantially harder to carry shitters as they take items then hide in a corner with a nailgun.

He should of just made a video telling them to lower their sens or something.
>>
>>176079885

Isant Ninja the 40 year old who sounds like a teenager?
>>
why is the rocket launcher so piss easy to use now?
>>
Quake should just be rocket launchers,rail guns, and shotguns

prove me wrong
>>
>>176032686
Rapha got by just fine for years without needing a tank character.
>>
PLASMA
GUN
WHEN
>>
>>176080953
no thanks
>>
>>176081170

The fucking nail gun
>>
>>175993736

Why does everyone think Visor is strogg?
>>
>>176037684
I played it a bit a few years back. Had some neat things going for it. The capture the pole mode was sorta cool.
>>
>sorlag spam everywhere

who's idea was it to add a character that spawns with 200 health with free strafe jumping and air control?
>>
>>176082025
the passive mechanics are retarded

why give one hero various movement systems from quake

Give it to everyone
>>
>>176049773
Reflex is also what you get when reddit tries to make an afps.
>>
>>176082127

This game wont fucking last

Arena FPS is a dead genre for a fucking reason let the ((((oldfags))))) complain about COD or something like they always do
>>
>>176082127
>>176082025
how many times are we going to go through this conversation? The reason the champions are different is so that the game will cater to noobs of all sorts. They need an easy to play overpowered character so they won't go play something else.

Imagine all the OW players who can't comprehend how strafejumping gives you speed? Or how holding w reduces your air control?
>>
>>176082285
>let the ((((oldfags))))) complain about COD or something like they always do

what does this mean?
>>
>>176082464
it means he's retarded
don't enable retards just ignore them
>>
>>176082025
I actually see all characters almost equally, except for clutch, ranger and visor
>>
>>176082464

I mean not all modern FPS games are as bad as arenafags complain they are

muh iron sifghts

muh levels

muh everything
>>
>>176082127
They will include a mode where every champ has every movement available and abilities are disabled, right?
Right?
>>
File: 1384587586749.jpg (174KB, 560x433px) Image search: [Google]
1384587586749.jpg
174KB, 560x433px
>join match
>crash
>go back on
>"penalty" prevents me from joining another match
nice beta bethesda
>>
>>176083850
>join match
>it's already half over
>leave
>never get restricted from joining another one
How often do you "crash"
>>
>join tdm
>almost always teammates quit
>never get anymore players put into the game
>ends up 2v4
>quit
>try tdm again
>get put into a game where my team is behind by at least 20 frags
>quit
>join ffa
>almost always get put into a game in progress
>top frag is too far to catch up and win
>get top 5 but never first
>get sick of it
>don't play duel just because duel is complete ass
greatest beta
>>
>>176084019
I changed a few settings and crashed this one time
now I can't see lightning guns shooting
>>
>>176083850
I didn't think there was any leaver penalty
>>
File: 1493969860516.jpg (78KB, 476x566px) Image search: [Google]
1493969860516.jpg
78KB, 476x566px
>join duel
>loading screen
>level 24 me vs level 5
>guy leaves immediately
>loading screen for 2 minutes
>penalty
>>
>>176082548
It's a case of /v/ being hipsters long ago in a distant land. Way way back in the days of nigba and lanced jack, /v/ was all about circlejerking around more complicated games. So there were circlejerks about Starcraft, Quake, Guilty Gear, 3rd Strike, so on so forth. The thing of it was, /v/ fucking sucked at those games. They were terrible at SC, Quake, etc. But why the circlejerk around the harder to play games?

Because they'd try new games (in this case, COD vs Quake) and couldn't play those worth shit either. It's very much a "vidya cred" thing, if you can't cut the mustard for newer games, just pretend you were good. You can either bullshit stories up, or cherry pick from that one time among thousands.

All that bitching about modern fps is a holdover from those times. This is not to say that newer games > older games, so don't get that confused. Blame hipsters.
>>
>>176087293
or you know it's because starcraft and quake were very popular games that had very long lasting and dedicated communities
>>
>>176076587
>lime scouts.png
>>
File: file.png (279KB, 313x399px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
279KB, 313x399px
>>176076114
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>tfw you're still in the lead after playing pizza cutter for 5 minutes, ignoring health/armor pickups as Slash

tip, new players: you're supposed to SHOOT me, I'm not giving you a hug
>>
File: 1387901183788.png (438KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1387901183788.png
438KB, 500x500px
>>176091008
>mfw intentionally letting Slash players kill me with the gauntlet as I jerk off and pretend she's physically dominating me and forcing me to do all sorts of lewd acts
>>
File: woah.png (529KB, 1599x899px) Image search: [Google]
woah.png
529KB, 1599x899px
>Lil babby goes around teabagging me after every kill
>Make it my mission to target him the most
>He's my game winning kill
Feelsgoodman
>>
Any spare keys floating around?

i want to put my toaster to work.
>>
>>176093583
NCG8-G42Q-C3RX-9C3U-R29Q
>>
File: 1343044901531.gif (166KB, 160x119px) Image search: [Google]
1343044901531.gif
166KB, 160x119px
>>176093689
maaate, your a legend.
>>
File: quake004.jpg (927KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quake004.jpg
927KB, 1920x1080px
Reminder that Quake 2 night will be tomorrow at 8PM EST or 5PM PST
>>
>>176060893
I mean anti cheat can all be easily defeated. Their system of banwaves and suing cheat authors is as good as it gets for a major dev.

>there are projectile aimbots, although they take more effort to make
And they'll be shit compared to human aim if the game is designed right. No bot can shoot a mid air spinfusor disc across the map with the any sort of consistency, for example. A bot needs small spaces and fast moving projectiles to have any chance of duplicating human aim capability.
>>
>>176096095
uh yeah they can
i'm pretty sure there were advanced aimbots for tribes but i haven't played it in around 15 years
>>
>kill 2 people with Scalebearer
>CHOO-CHOO
Objectively the best installment in the Quake series.
>>
>>176096095
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX_0Klx83bE
>>
>>176096095
You're wrong on both accounts. Anti-cheat relies on detection and the equivalent of Blizzard method is to go in with zero detection. Their system of banwaves and suing cheat authors is about as lazy as it gets for a major dev.

Likewise, you drastically underestimate projectile aimbots
>>
>>176096175
for fast moving projectiles like chaingun and snipers, yes.

>>176096548
is that supposed to be impressive or something?
>>
>>176096995
name a single successful implementation of anti cheat.

protip: you can't
>>
>>176097145
All of them

protip: They all made cheating more difficult for the cheater
>>
>>176097783
If by more difficult you mean easily defeated and thus allowed for rampant cheating, sure.

The only games that have successfully overcame most forms of cheating either have a closed ecosystem (like playstation 4) or are designed from a gameplay standpoint to trivialize most forms of cheating (like dota 2)
>>
File: kakacarrotcake.png (52KB, 171x155px) Image search: [Google]
kakacarrotcake.png
52KB, 171x155px
>Launch game for the first time
>Win my first 4 games
>Feel pretty good
>Have now consistently bottomfragged the past 10 games
How do I get better at this game guys?
>>
>>176099537
You just play. And by this you gitting gud
>>
File: 1489539672772.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1489539672772.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>>176099537
play moar, understand what's killing you and what you're doing wrong. l2movement of all the characters. random tips in no particular order for nuquake
>mega health and armor are both on 30s cooldown
>zooming in does more damage with railgun and HMG
>dont jump vs LG or else you'll get knocked back straight and be easy to hit, just side strafe
>there's a spot behind mega health on Burial chamber and above mega health on Ruins that Ranger can tp to that give you some pickups.
>Nyx, Slash, and Anarki can bridge to rail on Blood Covenant
>Sorlag has similar air control to Anarki
>don't learn Clutch for a while because he's trash in most modes and will give you bad habits.
>Galena can nailgun the floor to damage herself and pick up health for her ability.
>>
>>176099706
Yeah, thats the answer I dread the most. I get super unreasonably mad after about 2 losses and get too mad to continue. It's a big problem and it gets in the way of gitting gud
>>
>>176099537
learn to run away and not challenge everything you see
>>
>>176100425
this is important, especially at respawn.
>>
Any of you guys have RX480/580? Wanna get the card, but I have to be sure that QC runs with 144fps 1080p smoothly on low settings. I have i7-6700k so CPU wouldn't be a bottleneck for sure.
>>
>>176101303
i have a 390 and it seems to run fine
>>
>>176041918
If Quake 3 Arena was a perfect game, why would it need balance changes? Really makes you think.
>>
>>176103052
They just changed how the LG worked slightly then nerfed it to conpensate their own change as well as nerfing the railgun a bit because mice have gotten better as well as internet which i don't really agree with.
>>
>>176052317
>made the visuals worse overall by resizing a bunch of non power of 2 textures
This happened back with the retail disc I believe
>>
>>176054376
>I used to browse HIT a lot
I used to post there too during its prime, and I help run another site which will go unnamed.
>>
>>176057912
On the bright side, this will get id off their asses and make an anti-cheat on top of making some elo rating matchmaking.
>>
>>176100425
noob tier
>learning how to outshoot the other noob with the MG

beginner tier
>learning how to get to the LG first and outshoot the other noob

novice tier
>learning how to run away to the RL when the beginner gets there first

rookie tier
>chasing down the novice that runs away with the RG

becomer tier
>baiting the rookie that chases you into his death with the SNG

skilled tier
>doing all of the above and controlling RA/Mega timers
elder god tier
>moving at 10,000 sanics delivering rocket middies from all directions
>>
File: quad defense.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
quad defense.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>176067312
>fighting over quad
>bullrush the pile
I love it
>>
>>176072215
Is this how this game is going to go? Instead of POST YOUR RANK it's now POST YOUR MEDALS
>>
>>176067312
>get Quad on Sorlag
>instantly rocketed twice
>drop spit in a last ditch effort to do something
>the spit deals quad damage after I die
>6 players eat shit trying to grab the quad that is in the middle of the spitpile because it deals 120 damage minimum with quad
>>
>>176087293
You're so wrong...

We are mad, because noobs like you--who were born past 2006--think that you're the shit because you're playing cod, battlefield or csgo... Not because "those games are too hard" for us, like you said.

We simply noticed how devs make the games exclusively for console players, and need to make sure that they are easy enough to play with a controller...

YOU and the other dumb cunts, that didn't have the chance to play REAL hard games back in the days, have nothing to compare releases. You can only compare already consolised games to newly released consolised games. I bet that "old-school" games for you are Cod Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops.

You'll never know what it feels like to grind every day in order to make the perfect movement, the perfect shot. You'll never know the feelings of domination you get, when you realize that you have top tier reflexes and hand-eye coordination.

The only thing you'll know is

"muh unlocks"
"muh auto-aim aid for my controller"
"muh DLCs"
"muh pre-orders"
"muh bright pink camo skin"
"muh casual console games"
"hurf durr"

Your mother should have hit her stomach with a hammer during pregnancy.

Bitch.
>>
File: nosmiels.jpg (469KB, 2533x930px) Image search: [Google]
nosmiels.jpg
469KB, 2533x930px
>>176103906
yes
>>
>>176104534
Why the fuck can't you sell attachments
>>
>>176103906
>POST YOUR K/D
>POST YOUR WIN RATE IN TDM
>POST YOUR WIN RATE IN DUEL
>POST YOUR LG ACCURACY
>POST YOUR RAIL ACCURACY
>POST YOUR MEDALS
The possibilities are endless.
>>
what arena are you guys playing ?

i want to try out nquake,is there enough players in there ?
>>
>>176105075
mostly QC
sometimes CPM
>>
>>176105178
so i should go for quake championship instead of nquake ?
>>
File: glorious_tech_lizard.jpg (209KB, 758x1200px) Image search: [Google]
glorious_tech_lizard.jpg
209KB, 758x1200px
>>176104638
why can't you BUY attachments

>can't buy Sorlag's knee armor
>>
>>176105075
no one plays quakeworld now
>>
>>176104235
>pushing the number not only beyond 2000, but all the way up to 2006 when anyone born after the 90s is 17 at the oldest

Guessing you're like 15.
Quick, tell me what the first Command and Conquer game was about without googling it.
>>
>>176105628
Need to make sure you play long enough to get the shader or attachment you want
>>
>>176105689
Stay mad, noobie.

How's your new cod pre-order doing? Did you get your early beta key?
>>
File: 1493941886622.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1493941886622.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>>176105628
>dat exposed sorlag thigh
>>
>>176105890
This is an 18+ website pal.
>>
File: quake_ranger_pharah__overwatch.png (802KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
quake_ranger_pharah__overwatch.png
802KB, 1024x680px
when
>>
>>176105927
>not that exposed mouth
>>
>>176105938
Why are you here then?
>>
File: quakeg.png (13KB, 470x369px) Image search: [Google]
quakeg.png
13KB, 470x369px
>>176106059
This is insulting.
>>
>>176103613
>moving at 10,000 sanics delivering rocket middies from all directions

I think you've gotten QC mixed up with a certain other Q game featuring an actually consistent rocket launcher and any way to build actual speed.
>>
>>176106219
Qribes 2?
>>
>>176104235
I'll never know how it feels to grind every day to make the perfect movement or the perfect shot because I could do that shit in my sleep and only retarded baddies think it's a big deal.
>>
>>176106219
Clan Arena is not Quake. It does not have a single thing aside from weapons and movement from quake.
>>
>>176106704
Spoiler alert: you can both build speed and use the rocket launcher outside of Clan Arena.
>>
>>176106583
You're just mad because you're bad.

Deal with it.

But don't come here trying to argue with people that actually know what they're talking about. Especially if they have double your Justin Bieber-era age.

At least, you can feel better by buying new skins for your guns through micro-transactions!
>>
File: 1483102445399.gif (1016KB, 450x345px) Image search: [Google]
1483102445399.gif
1016KB, 450x345px
>>176106583
>>
File: teamkill.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
teamkill.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>176106902
No kidding, ask anyone actually active and good at Quake 3 and they'll tell you that you can master the "Movement" and other shit you're cumming over in the matter of a week of casual play if you don't have some sort of physical disability. When I started playing seriously in 2006 I had movement down in a month, it's just memorizing a simple series of inputs. Literally more basic than learning a fucking combo in any arcade fighting game. You're having a wank over shit that's considered basic and entry level in the active Q3A community right now.
>>
>>176107313
Why do you even reply to him? That autist is actively shitposting here for at least three days.
>>
>>176105628
you can, just buy the skin again
>>
>>176107313
Nice argument...

But watching a Youtube video of Quake 3 doesn't even remotely make you an expert in the matter.

So please, if you want to use stupid arguments like that, then you might as well stop responding to me, and accept the fact that I'm right, and you're ultimately wrong.

It's really not a big deal... Some people simply like to play easy and casual games, while others want to sweat and compete against others in skill demending games.

I know you prefer the first option, like many people here, but it doesn't give you the right to use absolutely false and crooked arguments to make you feel better about the fact that you're not good enough to play hard games.
>>
>>176107369
I guess I find it kinda funny? He's like the ultimate parody of faggots who heard someone say Quake is the ultimate skillbased game and is trying to hype up "movement" and "perfect rails" like those two things don't happen constantly in CA, the most simplified gamemode, without any participants really even thinking about it.
>>
>Sorlag players
Why are they bottom of the scoreboard all the time? You'd think with how terrible QC players are in general they'd do very well with their massive health pool.
>>
>>176108784
Says a person that started playing Quake with Quake Champions.

Again, stop using Youtube videos of Quake 3 gameplay to make a judgement.

Thanks.

Casual pussy.
>>
>>176109114
Well if you can't play properly aka control map and hitting others more than they hit you no hp pool will help you.
>>
which toon is best on each map
>>
>>176109114
Too busy jerking off.
>>
>>176109163
I don't, I use the fact that I still play QL and casually did all the shit you're having a toss over about 80 times over my morning coffee without thinking about it, and so did the sub-1k elo baddies that you're clearly worse than for thinking any of this shit's a big deal.
>>
File: angle-delta.gif (12KB, 733x450px) Image search: [Google]
angle-delta.gif
12KB, 733x450px
>>176107313
>I had movement down in a month
This is one of the things I argue people about a lot. Arenafps movement isn't hard to get OK with in general. It's hard to master.
http://web.archive.org/web/20110702235714/http://www.funender.com/quake/articles/strafing_theory.html
This article should make it quite obvious for anyone. Especially this graph (in combination with the direction change discussion especially).

This stuff makes a huge difference between an OK player and a great player in the game. It's what people like. The problem with strafe jumping as a mechanic is that it's not taught right. This anon here considers himself "having the movement down" in a month. He's clearly not at either extremes here. He's just passable. Taking a full month to learn how to move in Quake is too long if you've had good guidance.

I don't like the QC approach of trivializing the complexities of this system. It's WAY easier. And I'm sure the devout "make AFPS big again" shills won't even mention it.
>>
>Projection General
This is how this thread must've been called
>>
File: 1403763162994.png (14KB, 489x514px) Image search: [Google]
1403763162994.png
14KB, 489x514px
this general wasnt so bad in the first week or two
hell, it was pretty alright just a few days ago
what the hell happened? where did this influx of extremely opinionated people come from all the sudden?
>>
>>176110015
>where did this influx of extremely opinionated people come from all the sudden?
It's more that the opinions built up.
You can't judge before you play. Now that we've played for a few days we have opinions.

If you don't like opinions I suggest not coming to 4chan.
>>
>>176110015
Some people just have so much time in their life so they can sit on anonymous imageboard for days just to "troll". I think you can guess what type of people do that
>>
>>176110015
>people
it's one baiting retard

walk into the slipgate to exit
>>176110230
>>176110230
>>176110230
>>
>>176109547
There's nothing movement-related that I can't currently do in QL and I wouldn't rate myself as much better than I was at movement now than I was a few months in, except for when it comes to PQL/CPMA specifically because I didn't touch those until way later.
Also, I was "OK" in the first afternoon and I expect most people would be, and this is a month of playing casually while managing a university workload and not even thinking especially hard about it. When I say I had it down, I mean that by then I'd reached the point where I never fucked it up or had it hold me back.
>>
>>176110378
>I mean that by then I'd reached the point where I never fucked it up or had it hold me back.
Yeah. Fair enough. But I'm sure you realize there's going to be differences between you and the best players in the world.

I'm surprised you don't notice it though. I've played for years and I still find myself getting better. I reach items a little faster and have to offset when I consider it time to go to an item as to not be too early. I'm sure I'm also getting worse in some ways and my objective movement skill rating is going up and down but i do feel better. It's fun to feel like I'm getting better.
My Reflex MM rating is going up too so that's a hint at least.
>>
>>176110015
It's quite simple actually.

Noobs and other casuals got attracted by Quake Champions because it's an easy game and because it has some Moba aspects to it (which is a popular genre nowadays).

Then they started bragging how the game was easy and how it was exactly like the other Quake games (which is not true). The fact is that they never played the older Quake games, because they weren't even born to do so.

So, some people that actually tried all the previous Quake games PLUS the casual shitfest that is Quake Champions, politely told them that they are wrong and that Quake Champions is just another casual multiplayer game that was made to attract the masses and milk them out of their cash with shitty microtransactions that everyone seems to love (i.e flashy knifes, blue camo, hats, etc. literally anything to make them feel better because they are playing a plastic and empty game).

Then, the kids got upset, and started to talk trash and give us lessons like "I was lvl 50 in Quake 3 arena and I unlocked the red dot sight after playing for a week hurr durr" but they obviously didn't do their research before claiming to be experts in Quake 3 arena, because the game NEVER had levels and you couldn't unlock red dot sights and scopes... which only shows how full of bullshit they are.

So, that's pretty much it. I believe things will get back to normal tomorrow, when the elementary school starts back again.
>>
>>176110863
>So, that's pretty much it. I believe things will get back to normal tomorrow, when the elementary school starts back again.
Yeah, you'll finally be gone.
>>
File: 1447174512394.jpg (7KB, 153x179px) Image search: [Google]
1447174512394.jpg
7KB, 153x179px
>>176110974
>>
>>176110974
Low IQ rule number 1: if you're out of arguments and know you're wrong... simply attack and insult the other person personally

Well played!
Thread posts: 767
Thread images: 127

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.