[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 760
Thread images: 126

File: ___spider and Death.jpg (121KB, 399x426px) Image search: [Google]
___spider and Death.jpg
121KB, 399x426px
Last thread: >>175183331

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in /vg/), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
http://pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
http://indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral
>>
Undertale is good
>>
File: 1489617564894.jpg (5KB, 245x297px) Image search: [Google]
1489617564894.jpg
5KB, 245x297px
>>175584473
I come here just for the spooder.
>>
File: pony head not happy.png (800KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pony head not happy.png
800KB, 1920x1080px
Are there any GOOD OHRRPGCE games?
>>
>>175587467
>OHRRPGCE
The what now?
>>
>>175587467
Void Pyramid
>>
File: viking.jpg (293KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
viking.jpg
293KB, 1920x1080px
Guys this game might sound great

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/expeditions-viking-lets-me-be-the-wimpy-viking-i-knew-i-could-be?utm_source=wptwitterus
>>
File: CSH013.png (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CSH013.png
415KB, 1920x1080px
I'm past a point where I can select my party and it's great

Also Isaid it before but Cosmic Star Heroine's soundtrack is tops
>>
File: 1467330007405.jpg (69KB, 648x405px) Image search: [Google]
1467330007405.jpg
69KB, 648x405px
>>175587467
Bloodlust
>>
File: Stardew Farm.png (345KB, 1280x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Stardew Farm.png
345KB, 1280x1040px
Rate my farm, and why the fuck is iridium so hard to get?

Middle of summer / Year 2.
>>
>>175589787
Lewd mod when? I want to destroy my wife's ass.
>>
https://youtu.be/BrdRZ1uFTbo

Bumping with FTL bullshit

>>175589936
That had better be your wife (male)
>>
File: 260357025_ZCiwr-2100x20000.jpg (288KB, 2100x1052px) Image search: [Google]
260357025_ZCiwr-2100x20000.jpg
288KB, 2100x1052px
Any indie strategy game? Something like AI War?
>>
>>175590965
Tfw no games with predominantly femboy casts
>>
File: bot.png (6KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
bot.png
6KB, 320x320px
>>175569361
>>175576805
Aaaand it's done.
I enjoyed doing the cloak, that was fun
>>
File: indie2017.png (2MB, 2019x1826px) Image search: [Google]
indie2017.png
2MB, 2019x1826px
>>175584473
I'll usually need at least 2 notes of recommendation before adding a game to the list and reasons why other than "its good".
>>
>>175370331
>>175513826
I really liked the short novel that was about the Witch's POV and was a prequel.
I'd be interested if there was anything new being added.
>>
>>175587623
Online card game platform
>>
>>175588691
Fake news
>>
>>175588691
Fake news
>>
>>175588691
Just wait a month or so until it's fixed (>>175485201). It's not a coincidence that it's rating went down to 68% (274 reviews) in the meantime. E:V must be an experience that deserves to be enjoyed without annoying technical issues.
>>
Does Stardew Valley have smithing or just farming?
>>
>>175599816
no smithing, just farming
>>
>>175599816
Just for upgrading your farming tools basically, but you give the materials to the blacksmith rather than doing it yourself.
>>
>>175600317
>>175600603
Dammit.
When will I get a game that will allow me to fulfill my recycling fetish?
>>
>>175600926
You can recycle trash into an RNG common item.
Play Factorio.
>>
>>175588691
I'm def excited about it but I'm going to wait before I jump in, don't get fooled again
>>
>>175601198
That's not really what I want.

To tell you the truth, I'd like a game where I can just go kill a bunch of bandit, take all their weapon, dismantle them to keep only the blade, melt them ingot, and then make an armor out of it to get even deader.
I should just mod Skyrim, but the combat in that game is not fun at all.
>>
>>175599816
There's a mod to Smith and completely ignore Clint. Good if Emily is your wife
>>
>>175602426
Oh boy that sounds pretty nice. Oblivion with craftybits was kind of like that but it was a CTD fest
>>
>>175603021
Honestly, I think that Oblivion's combat was even worse than Skyrim. Did the entire game with a shield and a sword, and it was all block>attack twice>block>attack twice>block>heal
>>
>>175603182
Oblivion had better combat mods than Skyrim but they're constant CTD fests.
>>
File: Lie Down.jpg (34KB, 427x231px) Image search: [Google]
Lie Down.jpg
34KB, 427x231px
>>175602426
thats the closest you'll get buddy.

I'd like a game with necromancy, but with actual depth to it: like sperg levels of detail concerning corpse procurement and preparation.

instead all I get in games is learning some generic spell called "summon undead" and I just instantly shit out some temporary, uncustomizable AI zombie out of thin air and some of my mana gets used up

we just have to learn to live with compromise
>>
>>175602426
Sounds like Cataclysm, Dark Days Ahead
Disassembling things into their component parts for use in crafting plays quite a big role in it
>>
>>175603443
CTD?
Also, never tried any mod for Oblivion. I played it vanilla. Modded the shit out of Skyrim once I finished it and it was pretty fun.

>>175603525
Shit, that sounds nice too.
I want a game where I can raise my necromancy to leve max, and then get the power to resurrect whoever I want. Be it NPCs, bandits, or even DINOSAURS (yeah I just watched Jurassic Park and I want to pat Hammond's back) .

>>175603818
Oh yeah, I heard about that one. Apparently, the unarmed combat system is also good in that game, you can go Jackie Chan or The Rock.
>>
>>175604367
C:DDA is basically a survival roguelike, so combat is just whacking things with the directional keys, but you can certainly beat the shit out of zombies pretty good.
>>
>>175604665
>so combat is just whacking things with the directional keys,
It has better ranged combat than most other roguelikes tho
>>
>>175604665
Dunno, I remember checking a wiki, apparently you can pull a lot of complicated stuff to break things' limbs.
>>
>>175589787
nice farm
> greenhouse
> all pomar trees grown
> iridium sprinkles
doing better than I was first, took forever to finish that bundle
still seems like you have too much of the farm to the wild
>>175589936
same
>>
File: clickety clack.jpg (71KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
clickety clack.jpg
71KB, 927x380px
>>175604367
closest I've ever gotten to my dream was Fliggerty's Blasphemous Revenants for Morrowind.

you'd kill an NPC, and you could make a lesser zombie right there with their corpse, but if you wanted one of the greater undead you'd leave their corpse on the beach for mudcrabs to strip away the flesh, then take the skeleton back to the necromancy hideout, reinforce the joints with netch leather and scrap metal, add meat, wrap the new body up like a mummy, and let it soak in one of several different vats giving it different properties for like 30 days - and then you finally got to summon it.
I enjoyed that.

I think someone made a fanmod of it in Skyrim called Corpse Preparation or something but just didn't do the original justice in terms of detail.
>>
>>175605246
That sounds really nice. What if you replace a few bones? Like, you pick these Oblivion beast, the one that look like dinosaurs, the clannfear. You kill one, you take the head, strip away the flesh, put the skull on your skeleton, and bring it back to life (?).
>>
>>175604367
Crash to desktop.
>>
>>175605782
Ha.
>>
>>175605672
IIRC based on the race of the NPC, the final product would have varying degrees of strength, so orcs were the best as they had the most durable/strongest bodies, and elves the weakest.

also I just remembered you had to transport a corpse/skeleton by slinging it over your back, which made you slower and if you got seen by an NPC with that, they'd report you for necromancy/gravedigging and you'd get a 1000 gold bounty.
it was a pretty good mod.

I don't think you could do the same with monsters though, I think it was only restricted to the common race NPCs, and no switching of specific bones - an orc skeleton was an orc skeleton whole.
>>
>>175606308
Still not bad.

The sad part is that even if we get a game with that amount of level, other parts of it will suck.
Like in Magicmaker. It has a very nice amount of crafting when it comes to spells, kinda like Lichdom, but the fights are just about spamming the same spells.
>>
>>175606642
IDK, depends on the studio/devs.
Starbound, Stardew Valley, and Starsector are all indie and they turned out pretty decent.

but I get where you're coming from: if a half-assed team ran with the concept I'm sure it'd be lacking in other parts of the game.
>>
>>175607946
>Starbound
>very decent
What.
Last time I checked, it was a piece of trash where you can from planets to planets to mine because mining is so fucking fun.

But yeah, I'm not just talking about indies. Games that have a quirks tends to focus on it too much and neglect the rest.
For example, Borderlands is very proud of their gun drop system, but the problem is that outside of the guns, there's almost nothing. You have one ability per character, and everything else is passive. For a game that was sold as "Diablo 2 with guns", it failed to deliver to that regard.
So of course, you'll say that the guns are the main focus of the game and that it's a bad example, but a quirk isn't a game. If you were to make a game where you just craft skeleton without putting a story behind or add other stuff to it, it's going to be boring really quickly.
>>
>>175607946
Starbound is considered to be a dissapointment on many fronts.
I liked Stardew Valley but it doesn't come close to its inspiration. Combat is crap, farming has no depth, and courtship is shallow.
>>
>>175603525
i kinda wanted to make a game about an archaeological dig being run by necromancers, but then i realized that would be effort
>>
any /cbg/ here (aka cities skylines)?
I know its kinda pretty popular, but that general been long dead
>>
>>175610012
It's /civ4xg/. They also accept /cbg/. For fuck's sake, I bothered putting it in the tags.
>>
Is there any game that let me do that :
http://nypost.com/2015/09/01/day-care-workers-had-young-kids-brawl-in-fight-club-videos ?

>inb4 Dwarf Fortress
>>
>my PC runs Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain perfectly
>Dark Souls 3 is smooth

>Insurgency 2 and Cortex Command are laggy as fuck
Well, not exactly laggy since it's offline, but they're SLOW.
>>
File: 1488726185130.png (241KB, 653x572px) Image search: [Google]
1488726185130.png
241KB, 653x572px
>>175613172
>Cortex Command
Wasn't it, like, abandoned by devs a decade ago or something?
>>
>>175613172
It's okay, everyone has been misusing "laggy" to refer to low framerates for way too long. You can do so too.
>>
>>175613332
That might explain a lot.

>>175613373
I don't know if lag refers to online lag only or if it's also input delay. That also happened a few times.
>>
>>175613469
Lag in the context of vidya refers to latency. Network latency. Ping times. But it's convenient to use it to describe any kind of slowdown, low framerates, freezing and such. English lacks good words for that.
>>
>>175610012
Sort of. I've been having "fun" with adversity.
>>
>>175613986
Okay then. I'll just call it lag and not bother too much with it.
>>
>>175612008
HellMOO
>>
>>175606642
>Lichdom
Speaking of that game, how do I fucking play? I understand that charging attacks means doing a critical attack, but every fucking monster is a bag of HP and requires over nine thousands attacks.
>>
>>175613986
Stop spreading bad info
>>175613172
Insurgency is poorly optimized compared to most games, source doesn't help. You can turn down some settings but don't go too low our else you lose the skybox
>>
File: Dolla dolla bill yall.gif (2MB, 329x249px) Image search: [Google]
Dolla dolla bill yall.gif
2MB, 329x249px
>>175607946
>tfw you realise the key of having a successful /indie/ game is putting Star in the title

BRB, gotta start developing my first game titled Starving Bastards: The Mustard Upstart
>>
>>175588691
wasn't someone in this thread playing a Expedition game? Are they fun
>>
>>175608381
>For example, Borderlands is very proud of their gun drop system, but the problem is that outside of the guns, there's almost nothing.
Which is a shame because, the gun system isn't worth any of the hype and the franchise has better points.

The touted gun numbers of Borderlands are ridiculously exaggerated. While this may seem obvious to some, it is technically possible (and even fairly easy) to achieve such ludicrous numbers. However, achieving such numbers in any meaningful way is arguably impossible.

In reality, there's only a handful of prominently different weapons, less variety than in any good diabloclone. Yet they chose the number of guns as one of their franchise-defining marketing point. whywouldyoueverwanttodothat.jpg

Gameplay-wise, majority of the weapons are trash and those mountains of trash only serve to lengthen the grind to get the weapons you want to use. When even unique weapons are generated from random parts, the grind to get what you want is kind of nasty. You end up playing through most of the content with subpar weapons, whatever drops you happen to get. I guess the design intent behind that is to keep the player addicted to the looting process, but lame weapons really ruin FPS gameplay. I've rarely felt same way about diabloclones.

And it just gets worse in endgame. What was the best way to to get endgame weapons? Fun bossfights? Or at least grinding cool high level areas? Naah, you loot the fucking armory of Knoxx with a bug until your brains melt.

Sorry for the tl;dr off-topic crap, I'm slowly getting to some sort of point here. Even with all that bitching and moaning, Borderlands games are among the best AAA+++ shooters from recent years. It's just that... why most big-budget games are crap when it comes to the actual game? It's like there's some law of nature that dictates that game mechanics and gameplay become irrelevant once enough money is poured into assets. I guess that is why I love indies.
>>
>>175617362
Good theory, but how come Terraria is vastly more successful than Starbound? Because it has falling stars?
>>
Any updates at all on Hollow Knight? Not even a hello from the devs? Didn't see anything other than "DLC Soonâ„¢" last I checked their site.
>>
>>175618123
>but how come Terraria is vastly more successful than Starbound? Because it has falling stars?
terraria has a team of devs that aren't comically incompetent and fill the game with "features" that actively make the game worse
>>
>>175608381
I recently tried to play Starbound with a friend but we both got bored and quit. It's still not a fun game. It doesn't matter how feature complete it is or will become, it's not fun
>>
>>175618123
Falling stars that deal damage, no less.
>>
For late game slime rancher, what's a good thing to fill excess pens with?

I was thinking Crystal/Something, since crystal apparently has an even higher base sell than quantum, and you can merge them with some other mid-tier slime to get decent profits.
>>
>>175618263
Aw come on, you're way too serious. Anon's star theory was good.
>>
>>175618429
i didn't fall for the starbound meme but i still get a bit angry over it because i'm friends with people who did
>>
>>175618481
I enjoyed both Terraria and Starbound with friends. Where is your god now?

Starbound was way better long before release, though. I never understood why they removed all the fun techs.
>>
>>175618123
Terraria came at the right time, is somewhat functional, and has good word of mouth. That doesn't mean it's a whole lot of fun (mining resource gathering will NEVER be good gameplay) but whereas Terraria was first and came before people realized how awful those games are, Starbound is post-masquerade and only the insanely curious give a fuck
>>
>>175618005
>Gameplay-wise, majority of the weapons are trash
Just like every hack'n'slash. I never really understood the logic behind these games.

What bothers me most with Borderlands is that it always go like that :
>find a weapon, let's say a Hyperion pistol
>get used to its peculiar quirk, do really well
>damage fall behind and you're forced to pick a new weapon because everything kills you before you can chip their health
>find a torgue weapon who has excellent damage
>suddenly you play like shit because Torgue bullets aren't hitscan and the dispersion fucks you up

If it was Grim Dawn or Diablo 2, I would just stop using that weapon and use spells to compensate for my shittiness, but I can't in Borderlands because you only get one spell and it has a long recharge time.
Not only that, but because the game is so peculiar, your usual gamer reflexes of clearing the trash before focusing on the boss is actually the opposite of what you should do. More than once, I died because I automatically tried to take out the trash first.
Medikits are always extremely rare, you have no potions to chug, and since your hitbox is larger than you think, you often take bullets even when you're behind cover.

At least Handsome Jack saves the day, but jesus, that game made me rage a lot. Maybe as much as the souls games.

>>175618272
I hate Starbound because you mine. I hate mining, it's a cheap way to make your game artificially longer.
>>
>>175618951
Okay, you personally loathe mining resource gathering. Doesn't make the game bad though.

And back in reality, the amount of resource mining you do in Terraria is minimal. Most digging you do is exploring and later on biome control. I'd understand if you were hating on something like Minecrraft for too much mining, but not Terraria.
>>
Terraria Gen died. Long live /indie/.
>>
>>175618951
>(mining resource gathering will NEVER be good gameplay) but whereas Terraria was first and came before people realized how awful those games are
just because you hate a type of game doesn't make it bad

unless it's a moba
>>
Fucking Rimworld.
>start a new game
>get a cat
>can't train it
>look at his health
>has cataracts on both his eyes
>"maybe that's why I can't train it!"
>get another cat
>can't train it either
A shame, I wanted to train them to attack.
>>
>>175619886
Mod it.
>>
>>175619696
fuck off (((Terraria gen))), we don't need your """"""game"""""
>>
>>175620023
are there mods that let me succ the cat
>>
>>175620717
are you catfucker
>>
>>175620717
Maybe, but I meant to mod it yourself. Whipping up something like that shouldn't take longer than 5mins.
>>
>>175620826
yes

who did you expect?
sportaflop?
>>
>>175620926
why are you still here

why do you still torment me, after all these years

why do you feel the need to attention whore over raping your cat
>>
>>175619632
>Just like every hack'n'slash. I never really understood the logic behind these games.
No, I didn't mean it that way. Okay, most drops in any hack&slash are trash if we're talking about rarity.

But the weapons in Borderlands, even if we assume everything has the same rarity and level, most weapons are trash. The weapon system is a huge wasted opportunity because most weapon part slots simply have plain inferior/superior stat variations, not actually any different stats or functionality. There is not much choice, you just want the best parts. Most players probably don't care how weapon generation works so they never discover how lame it actually is.

So what I'm saying is that any hack&slash worth its salt actually has more weapon variations than Borderlands. Weapon variations that matter.
>>
>>175621051
i do it for the memes
>>
File: header.jpg (62KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
62KB, 460x215px
Mini Ghost is pretty fun and has level, tile, and character editors
>>
File: 1493378773804.jpg (50KB, 564x546px) Image search: [Google]
1493378773804.jpg
50KB, 564x546px
>ask for good jrpgs last thread
>get several AAA games back
wut
>>
>>175621223
>Most players probably don't care how weapon generation works so they never discover how lame it actually is.
Well, actually, I never bothered with that myself. I know it's a randomly generated system about varied parts, each with its own effects, but the problem is that, like in every hack'n'slash, you can't get attached to a weapon.
Unlike, I don't know, Dark Souls, where every weapon is theorically viable, Borderlands forces you to change weapon constantly, and the annoying part is that weapons are so damn differents between each others that by the time you get used to a weapon, you're already switching to a new one.

And I'm not fond of making elemental damage so relevant in a game that's so random. If I could at least get some item to temporarily change all my damage to elemental one, it would be less of a pain in the ass, but sometimes I feel like I'm playing with a huge randomizer.

And of course, the enemies always have perfect accuracy and damage, and there's no armor in that game.
And enemies scale. Fuck scaling.
>>
File: OneShot.png (189KB, 624x468px) Image search: [Google]
OneShot.png
189KB, 624x468px
Looking for a recommendation. Which is spookier, Scanner Sombre or Thimbleweed Park?

Also looking to pick up Rain World because I hear it's a game that'll keep me playing for a while.
>>
>>175623024
Oh, that girl looks cute.
>>
>>175623024
Oh, that boy looks cute.
>>
>>175623024
Oh, that cat looks cute.
>>
>>175623024
i wanna hug him
>>
>>175622474
Do you have the edit of that picture where it says stuff like "Lots of treasure here, do go farther!"
>>
>>175623024
Neither games are really that spooky.
I really liked Claire though, it's like 2D Silent Hill.

And Rain World is pretty fun, but difficult. Still haven't beaten it yet.
>>
>>175622520
>you can't get attached to a weapon.
>Borderlands forces you to change weapon constantly
That was only a real problem in the sequels. If you found a good ass gun in the first Borderlands that thing could end up being your new best friend for 10 to 15+ levels easy.
>>
>>175623839
lmao
>>
>>175623934
I admit it, I only played Borderlands 2 and the pre-sequel, because Axton and Jack have the best skills.

When I tried to play with Zer0, I got killed so often I gave up and even thought about getting a refund.
>>
>>175610319
really think there is the better place to post this kind of thing
I mean, there is enough shitpost as it is, meanwhile this thread nearing extinction

there are also other games like Transport Fever, that would into the same category
and technically both are indie developers
>>
File: 1454862763405.jpg (234KB, 1200x712px) Image search: [Google]
1454862763405.jpg
234KB, 1200x712px
>>175623839
>>
File: pancakes.jpg (34KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
pancakes.jpg
34KB, 564x423px
>>175623713
do not corrupt my daughter-fu
>>
>>175624362
how have i never seen this before
>>
File: 20170502023855_1.jpg (466KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170502023855_1.jpg
466KB, 1920x1080px
Speaking of survival games.
There's Don't Starve for a Burtonesque experience with the weather being really important.
There's Rimworld for a Dwarf Fortress lite approach.
There's Project Zomboid for a roguelike approach with zombies everywhere.
There's The Forest for a "build your own cottage, lalala, fight cannibals, lalala, try to find that kid from the intro, lalala~" approach.
There's The Long Dark for the Canada wilderness with Commander Shepard where losing is the only option.
There's ARK for shitting in another player's mouth and taming dinosaurs.

But is there anything taking place in a huge, abandoned city? No monsters, just pure survival?
I'm thinking of Twelves Monkeys, I Am Legend (without the vampires), or 28 Days Later (without the Infected). Ideally, something like Stalker, but without the bandits, just the wild animals, and you counting your bullets and deciding if it's worth it.
>>
>>175624913
i wouldn't do any more than that

well
if he wanted to, i might kiss him
>>
File: triggered.png (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
362KB, 1920x1080px
Nice guns.
>>
File: Screenshot 9.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 9.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>175622474
pretty creepy desu
>>
>>175629109
that's smiley and like, phoenix I think? or something
>>
File: HiresScreenshot 5.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HiresScreenshot 5.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>175627808
>There's The Long Dark for the Canada wilderness with Commander Shepard where losing is the only option.
lol, good description, btw any news on development?
also interested if you find that type of game
>>
>>175629258
The red one is Shades's Revolver, they're the Trigger Twins' guns. If you have both of them at the same time their max ammo gets doubled and their magazine size increases.
>>
>>175629561
>"There will be one more Sandbox update before Story Mode launches. More details about that update will be available soon. The team continues to be hard at work, creating the best experience we can for you. We appreciate your patience while we do so."
So Story mode coming soon.

Otherwise, I'd like to find a survival game with spooky ghosts.
Seriously, Harvest Moon is a perfect game for a survival : you prepare food, equipement and then engage on an expedition. Kinda like Thea, a game that /civ4xg/ suggested, except that Thea gives you several people to take care of.
>>
>>175629916
Oh so that is shades'? I see his so infrequently I forget what it looks like.

Yea I know the synergy, I just don't think I've ever gotten it.

I've so rarely ever gotten a good gun/item from the normal shop
>>
>>175618272
The only good idea with Starbound is that you get different loot depending on how you killed the monsters.
>>
File: HiresScreenshot 8.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HiresScreenshot 8.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>175629949
> Thea
its a very nice indeed, if I'm mistaken I was one of the first ones to suggest over at /4xg/
also prime /indie/ example, excellent developers
>>
File: nothing to suomi about.jpg (48KB, 447x589px) Image search: [Google]
nothing to suomi about.jpg
48KB, 447x589px
>necropolis is just dead
>no updates ever confirmed
>>
>>175633564
Frankly, if it wasn't for the fact that it's turn-based, I would be all over it, it seems to be right up my alley.
>>
>>175633564
>>also prime /indie/ example, excellent developers

No wonder, all four of hem are ex-CD Projekt RED devs. Also, fun fact: the 50k copies they sold in 6 months after the game's release already covered the costs of the entire development. A year passed since then, it'd be exciting to know the figures now.

>>175634395
>if it wasn't for the fact that it's turn-based

But that's the very essence of the game. They even developed a custom, hex-based Unity framework for it. (Yes, you can buy it in the official store. Especially that it's -30% off right now, which means an $52 price tag.) It was a perfect choice in my opinion.
>>
What are your favorite weapons to use in Battle Brothers? I like to use flail because it lets you ignore shields?

Which ones do you like the least? I find maces pretty lackluster. Maybe it's just bad luck, but for some reason they seem to miss a lot more.
>>
>>175639748
Not enough nipples(male) shown there!
>>
>>175617703

I played though Expedition Conquistador a while ago, it was super fun, and I thought it was rather flexible in terms of how much it allowed you to be a moralfag or a jerkass. Also, it had a delicious brown loli princess you could recruit.

>tfw no mod that lets you romance her

The combat is Tactical RPG, where you move your guys around on little hexes, kind of like Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea.
>>
>>175639748
I love spears, even though they seem to effectively fall flat with too many of em.

Axes seem to be the most well rounded since they do some heavy hurtin but also take out shields.

And yeah, maces miss so goddamn often. There's a guaranteed-stun perk I took for one of my dudes... but he never connects so it feels like he stuns at the same rate lol.
>>
>>175593741
is there a "forever in development" section for games like CLASSIC GAME?
>>
>>175589787
It's easy to get after year 3, but before then you only really need it for iridium sprinklers, and those you can buy from Krokus for 10k a pop every Friday.
>>
anyone hyped for STRAFE?
>>
>>175645726
eh!
>>
>>175645726
Not really

I was hyped until I've learned that it's a rogue-lite
>>
>>175592940
looks cool
>>
Anybody know if there's a combination of these two cheats? I tried stacking them but it doesn't work no matter what order I put them in. I wanted to play as Donovan with the MMX wall jump.
>>
>>175622354
but does it have waifus?
>>
>>175592940
dayum, that's pretty rad.

Not really sure if I'll ever find a place to use it, but I'll damn well try!
>>
Since /dadg/ is dead I'm gonna go rant here instead I guess. Holy shit PBD, I love the contents of the mod, especially the player side, with the new trinkets, the new character retools, but the creator blatantly admits the odds are more often skewed against the player's favors also I didn't have any strong opinions on corpses on Vanilla Darkest Dungeon but fuuuuuck corpses here. Beast Corpses gives diseases, Unholy Corpses resurrect, Eldritch gives fuck huge blight, Cove gives fuck huge bleed (Good luck curing them out of battle because you can only buy 1 ONE, Bandage and Antidote in the Provision Menu)

Just got into Veteran a few days ago and those fucking Swinetaur, they get two moves a round. You will definitely get Pig Speared at least twice (and that's if there's only one enemy)
>>
>>175648869
Now I'm hyped.
>>
File: __Oh the horror.png (751KB, 634x569px) Image search: [Google]
__Oh the horror.png
751KB, 634x569px
>>175649667
>playing RNG : The Game
Why not just a throw a dice and punch yourself everytime you roll something that isn't a six?
>>
>>175649947
I've played maybe a dozen or two of these and I just hate the genre
>>
>>175650834
That's fine. There's major issues in translating roguelikes to realtime, that devs haven't really figured out how to solve in a non-cancerous way.
>>
>>175650948
I just don't like how indie devs treat "roguelite" as "no need to put effort in balancing the game"
Plus these games often end up having little to no actual content
And these games still sell like hot cakes because they substitute challenge with RNG
>>
>>175651274
At this point, "roguelike" is just a fucking buzzword. It's like "Souls-like".
>they say "roguelike"
>you expect a lot of fun stuff based on weaponizing cocatrixes
>the only rogue-like thing is that death is permanent

>they say it's a Souls-like
>you expect awesome music, detailled environnement, a shitload of weapons, a difficult but fair game
>lol it's just hard
>>
>>175627808
>There's Project Zomboid for a roguelike approach with zombies everywhere.
Play Cataclysm DDA instead, the actual zombie survival roguelike.
>>
>>175653416
Cataclysm DDA doesn't have multiplayer and isn't very casual-friendly, but if I ever make another list of survival games, I'll add it to it.
>>
>>175650637
You realize thete are people who finished Darkest Dungeon NG+ without losing a single hero (except the mandatory 2 in the final fight)? I bet you think Texas Holdem is gambling too.

The real problem with DD is grind, little content and overall repetetivness. RNG is perfectly fine.
>>
File: 1315400404233.jpg (135KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1315400404233.jpg
135KB, 510x546px
>>175654436
>RNG is perfectly fine
>>
Would you play a card-deck-based moba, /indie/?

I know you think you're so clever typing out
>moba
but really nobody cares
>>
>>175654513
RNG stands for random number generator and is not inherently wrong, most games make use of it. It's not the game's fault you are terrible at risk managment.
>>
>>175654604
>moba
How about no?

And I didn't typed it. Get rused, kiddo.
>>
>>175654604
No.

>implying we would type the text we're quoting
Are you accusing us of newfaggotry?
>>
>>175654604
>moba
You really do deserve it though. It's the lower-scope "IM GONNA MAKE A MMO" that's still near as bad.

Even if your game is stellar AND you manage to scrap together a starting player base... you've still got an excellent chance to fail.

You're going to have an amazingly hard time pulling people from their e-sport of choice.

You perhaps have a chance if you make stellar bots, though.
>>
>buy the game you made
>lose money
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>175655160
What were you expecting? Also surely the platform you use has a way for you to give out keys...
>>
>>175654604
>moba
what do you mean by that? both overwatch and dota 2 are moba. use better definition you shitter
>>
>>175654705
>being this new
>>175654932
>implying i implied anything
I just wanted feedback more akin to
>>175655110
Yeah, the genre's so established and entrenched which is a shame. I really think the extra dimension of externally building a deck Hearthstone-style whose powers you used in-game could add a hell of a lot of fun.
>>
>>175655645
3rd person top down RTS-style control over a single hero against waves of low level grunts in lanes is the most likely. It could be either, however.
>>
>>175655645
>FPS is now MOBA
Man I didn't know /v/ has gotten THIS retarded.
>>
>>175655808
Good laugh m8, but you're the retarded one here.
>>175655743
I see friend, not my kind of game then. But there's market for that. How do you see the card implementation?
>>
>>175655645
>overwatch is a moba
Since when?

Next thing you gonna say that chess is a moba
>>
>>175654604
>ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>175656914
>Multiplayer online battle arena
Online chess is a moba
>>
>>175656914
Didn't you get the memo? UT2K4 and Q3A are mobas too now.
>>
>>175656590
So you know how moba games tend to drag on for like 30 minute play chunks?

I want a system that speeds up gameplay.

The basic idea: you build a deck with hearthstone-style mana cost. There are no "lands" or bullshit like that as in MTG, just a simple "this card costs X mana to play"

In-game, there will be a timer at the top of the HUD indicating when the next mana increase will hit.

During each "phase" (tied to a specific mana amount) there are three "draws" of a short time (30-40 seconds apiece? It needs testing, as do all the hard numbers in this game). In each "draw" you are granted a certain amount of mana, according to the "phase", and draw a handful of cards.

These cards are assigned to your number keys, and can be played for ingame effects like casting spells or summoning monsters. Buffs, debuffs, scrying, basically anything that can be balanced.

In each "phase", you are granted more mana and cards per "draw," slowly increasing the damage you can wreak as the game ticks onwards.
>>
So why do we need all these genres when everything is a MOBA
>>
>>175657113
Same, but every other genre that has also been watered down in definition (all of em).
>>
As much as I like Rimworld, I'm already starting to find it limited.
>everything is on the same Z-axis
>no foundation system, your buildings are just planks put over the ground
>no moisture system that can fuck your shit up if you put a couple of batteries next to 4 passive coolers
>>
File: salt.jpg (181KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
181KB, 1280x738px
ANOTHER $30 /indie/ game

Fuck me, I should release at that price point for my next game.
>>
>>175658039
You'll just have to accept that Rimworld literally has one dimension less than DF.

Batteries are a hazard, but the Zzzt event happens completely randomly rather than instigated by player mistakes. Well, at least you can mitigate its potential effect with good base design.
>>
>>175658374
>the Zzzt event happens completely randomly rather than instigated by player mistakes
I dunno, so far it crashed twice. First time, it was when I left the batteries out in the rain, and second time, it was random, but it might have been the heat.

At least I learned why I should use stone walls rather than wood.
>that 0% flammability
>>
File: goodbye batteries.jpg (803KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye batteries.jpg
803KB, 1920x1080px
>>175658498
FYI, the zzzt discharges all power stored in batteries. In larger bases it is enough to destroy stone walls and/or maim pawns in large radius.

When moving towards endgame, it's a good idea to make a couple of separate switched battery rooms. Keep them charged but off the grid until needed.

And if you want to keep building your base past endgame, you can eventually get rid of batteries and move to reliable 24/7 power generation with spaceship reactors and geothermals.
>>
>>175658713
For the time being, I haven't even unlocked medicine crafting. And since I had to restart a new game, I'm still trying to discover how to craft carpets.

Why put a sun lamp outside, by the way?
>>
>>175658830
It's not a sun lamp, just a normal lamp. Mainly for decoration, but also for keeping often travelled paths lit during nights (spending time in darkness gives a minor morale penalty)
>>
>>175657107
There's really no point in brainstorming this, all ideas are worthless without execution, and indie moba is an oxymoron.
>>
>>175658886
Your base must be pretty large for that, because I don't have any lamp outside and I never saw that penalty.
>>
>>175659319
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Thoughts_list#In_darkness

That base was over half the map but it's not about that. You probably won't see penalties like that because your pawns mostly work outdoors during the day and sleep during the night.

Mine on the other hand spend most of their life under a mountain and sleep whenever.
>>
>>175660112
Well, I had one that was a night owl, so I rescheduled her into working at night and sleeping during the day, she never got that either.

Also,
>Inebriated (drunk)
>This thought occurs after a humanoid consumes beer and their alcohol level reaches 40%. Pain level is reduced by 50%, while consciousness is reduced by 35%, accompanied by mild vomiting. At this level it triggers a tale that may show up in an art description; and the humanoid will soon start having a hangover.
You'd have to be a giant dick to make a sculture about how Scree McGreed got hammered and puked all over everything.
And then you put it in the dining room.
>>
>>175657113
Because everything is ready an RPG
>>
Fast bump
>>
So I was wondering why, in Rimworld, my settlers aren't extremely desperate over their situation.
And then I took a look at their background.
>cult child
>unemployed adult
For them, it must be a new start. Starting fresh after a life that maybe wasn't fulfilling.

I like when the gameplay is explained like that.
>>
>download latest rimworld alpha

>it stores user data in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\
>all old versions used %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\

Fuck you Tynan why are you making me set up NTFS junction point for this
>>
>>175664673
>\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\
ego boost much?
>>
File: Ludeon Studios.png (5KB, 735x65px) Image search: [Google]
Ludeon Studios.png
5KB, 735x65px
>>175665252
What seems to be the problem?
>>
>>175665252
Perhaps the old directory simply did not have enough redundant redundancy.

I haven't even started yet and Rimworld 16 is already kind of disappointing.
We have a fancy new globe worldgen, but still practically no worldgen settings, not even in debug mode. Why can't I even control the number of sites/civs on the planet? Every planet is practically the same as always before.

The embark screen has gotten slightly worse than in 15. Still no embark finder, yet worlds are bigger, generating them takes much longer and the 3D globe is slower to browse. Because manually checking hundreds of map tiles to find the location you want is '''''fun'''''. Maybe I'll try this later.
>>
Post indies maybe?
>>
File: Purification en cours.jpg (34KB, 449x411px) Image search: [Google]
Purification en cours.jpg
34KB, 449x411px
>>175670567
No.
>>
>>175670567
DARKWOOD
A
R
K
W
O
O
D
>>
Indies are slow today huh
>>
>>175668367
>Rimworld 16
whats is even new by the way? quick rundown?

>>175670567
only if they are female indies...

>>175674816
big thing happened, yet another anti-piracy law passed and nyaa went down...
>>
File: CSH014.png (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CSH014.png
384KB, 1920x1080px
This game is slowing down a bit. I'm not getting new abilities as frequently and the current plot thread is taking me through some very repetitive environments
>>
>>175675457
New worldgen (globe instead of flat map) with other colonies on it.
You can have multiple colonies on one planet and send caravans to npc colonies.
Transport pods to launch supplies long-distance.
New victory condition, travel to a faraway ship on the same planet.

That's about it. Haven't yet tested how the new systems work.
>>
File: 20170502024428_1.jpg (306KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170502024428_1.jpg
306KB, 1920x1080px
>>175676510
>New victory condition, travel to a faraway ship on the same planet.
Aren't you adorable, undestimating the problem like that.
>>
>>175676720
That 30% genned planet looks silly.

Can you resume worldgen to "complete" the planet after starting a colony?
>>
>>175677420
No.
>>
>>175677541
Aw, that sucks. I wonder if the ship can spawn even further away on 100% planets?
>>
File: 1347047056069.jpg (91KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1347047056069.jpg
91KB, 256x256px
https://www.humblebundle.com/very-positive-bundle
>Underrail
>Stephen's Sausage Roll
>Curious Expedition
It's time like this when I doubt my paranoia is not real.
>>
>>175679190
what's with humble bundle and actually having good games out recently?

Over the past like 3 months they've put out more good games than they have in the past handful of years. You'd have to go back to when it started back in 2010 to get good games this consistently.
>>
>>175679396
Similar question : what with GoG having indie games recently?
>>
>>175679396
Nah they always had meh and good periods.
>>
>>175680140
I can't really think of anything specifically good for a while. The christmas yogscast ones are usually ok but outside of that it's usually mediocre shit throughout most of the year.
>>
>tfw humble bundles are now more expensive than games in the Steam store because your national currency went to shit
>>
>>175679190
This bundle is amazing, I tells ya.
>>
File: Karl_Marx_001.jpg (375KB, 639x910px) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Marx_001.jpg
375KB, 639x910px
>>175680583
Time to stop wasting time on videogames and starting your revolution.
>>
File: 1470212589240.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470212589240.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>175670567
What's an indie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZv2OCbQOmI
>>
>>175680583
what third world are you from
>>
>>175680789
That game, THAT FUCKING GAME.
>>
>>175680898
i recently picked furi up
the first and second bosses were ez
fuck the third and his walls
>>
>>175679190
What are those like? I already have underrail.
>>
>>175681113
Just wait until you meet the fourth one.
I stopped because I almost had him.

Spoiler : you can block the small bullets and send them back.
Also, that little sound just because the boss melee you? The delay between the sound and the actually attack is different with each boss. Wait, what, half a second for that old man.
>>
>>175681240
shit
i totally forgot i could block
>>
>>175681192
>Baseball
Trash.
>Tower
Pretty good in its own way, especially if you like classic sci-fi movies.
>Bleed Pixels
Fucking great.
>Hacknet
Fucking great.
>Crashlands
This is what happens when someone looks at Don't Starve and thinks "What if we put this in space and ramped the grind by a factor of 10?"
Take that as you will.
>Rail
Ya'llready know.
>Sausage
If you like puzzle games, it's a must.
>Curious Expedition
I have no idea.
>>
File: 1468080061152.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468080061152.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
>>175681113
You're fighting yourself. Can't you see?
>>
>>175681676
The people who make crashlands have made a handful of mobile games, and while the quality of those isn't exactly indicitive of a larger scale game I thought they were good enough to give them like $3 for the paid version of one of their games.
>>
>>175681560
You're supposed to, to make him vulnerable. Otherwise he'll just keep kicking your ass.

>>175681676
>Hacknet
>great
Get Uplink instead.
>>
>>175681676
Pixels is a bit hard for me. I'm a fucking casual at platformers.
>>
>>175681879
They also have a really weird design philosophy.
>We think the game is worth $20
>So we're gonna make the PC version $15 and the Mobile version $5
To each their own, my opinion is the game is mediocre.
>>
>>175679190
Was Curious Expedition in another bundle recently? I feel like I already own it
>>
>>175682101
You're thinking renowned explorers from the Bundle that just died.
>>
>>175682054
I haven't actually played that one but it looks decent enough.

That does sound like a pretty weird pricing scheme though, yea.
>>
>>175679396
They pushed good games to their monthly and made the normal bundles bad to make it seem better.
>>
>>175682101
No I thought the same thing too, I was thinking it was that "go and explore shit" game where you're like a group of british hunters.
>>
A dumb question about Rimworld : do the wall materials matter when it comes to isolation?
Like, if make a fire in a wooden cabin, will it be as warm as making a fire in a cavern closed with steel doors?
>>
>>175682420
Yes, walls/doors and roofs leak heat out. Materials matter.

But it's not that big of a difference - if the room is small enough, you won't even notice it.
>>
>>175680898
The soundtack is so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9QmKYttBt4
>>
EXPEDITION
SOON
>>
>>175683375
You don't really notice the soundtrack when you're getting your ass penetrated.
>>
i have killed the old man on the rocks
lost to the angry scuba diver on his final phase though, fucking walls
>>
File: a9xhxAxaqOfQs[1].gif (428KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
a9xhxAxaqOfQs[1].gif
428KB, 500x275px
>>175683957
Anon, I...
>>
>>175687587
EXPEDITION
SOON
>>
>>175689451
Well, expeditions vikings is out.
>>
>>175683957
EXPEDITION NOW
in a humble bundle
>>
File: excuse-generator-result-nro8123.png (18KB, 627x235px) Image search: [Google]
excuse-generator-result-nro8123.png
18KB, 627x235px
>>175691107
Not him but I wish it wouldn't yet.

>"It's called 1.0.1.5 rather than 1.0.2 because it doesn't solve all the crashes we've been investigating, but the game is more stable now"
>"Once the last major gamebreaking quest bugs are out of the way, we can look at the second-tier ones that may still be important"

How did this happen?
>>
File: Chiaotzu_dead.png (256KB, 636x448px) Image search: [Google]
Chiaotzu_dead.png
256KB, 636x448px
Aw man, I was just getting into Blues for Mittavinda when it suddenly turned into a meditation lesson and ended.
>>
File: Underrail Expedition.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Underrail Expedition.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
But why did they name it Expedition out of all things?

It's basically Underrail: Waterworld
>>
File: waterworld.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
waterworld.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
Say, doesn't that fuel tank look awfully familiar?
>>
File: underrail core city docks.png (1MB, 1481x755px) Image search: [Google]
underrail core city docks.png
1MB, 1481x755px
>>175693089
Like, this familiar?
>>
Holy shit Rimworld.
It works.

I built a cooler linking my food stockpile to a small room filled with passive coolers, and that works.
Even when it's 50°c outside, it's nice and cold inside.
>>
>>175692587
It's probably going to be a literal expedition. Think Honest Hearts fron NV.
>>
>>175693089
>>175693279
Deepest lore.
>>
>>175695108
I saw it.
>>
>tfw still no indie games written in HolyC
>>
>>175692587
Probably what >>175694969 said. We are going there because of some expedition. Has to be something at least somewhat important if it warrants putting the main quest on hold to play with pirates.

>>175679190
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Keeping track of Underrail's sails was already hard as is, but at least it hasn't been in a bundle since like 2013. Aw dammit.
>>
>>175692102
>buying games on launch
Thanks for beta testing it plebs.
Just wait.
>>
>Most roguelites are just a worse BoI, Nuclear Throne, FTL or Spelunky
Maybe I had too much hope for this kind of game.
>>
>>175695854
I wouldn't mind more games like Spelunky honestly.
>>
>>175695854
despite its flaws i think gungeon is ok
>>
>>175695854
This looks promising at least.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/588650/Dead_Cells/
>Inb4 releases in Early Access
>>
File: Untitled.png (175KB, 654x421px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
175KB, 654x421px
>>175696145
I'm sorry.
>>
>trails in the sky 3rd releases tomorow and I am maybe just halfway through sc yet
I got 66 hours in the game already though. This series is so good.
>>
>>175695257
Sure is deeplurr. They had planned the waterworld theme all this time... I wonder what other hints of future expansions we are missing?
>>
>>175696084
I was looking at this one called caveblazers that looks like a more combat focused Spelunky, but the interesting thing about Spelunky is that you get a lot of tools to solve problems (and it's designed well), whilst that game just seems more about combat and upgrades to combat, which doesn't seem as interesting.

>>175696094
The ammo restrictions and making even generic enemies tougher for each floor just killed it for me. I didn't want to git gud when the game seemed to be so keen on making sure I had to play in the least fun manner to get anyway.

>>175696145
>souls-lite combat
ree e.t.c
>>
>>175697105
yea like i said it's got its fair share of faults but I don't think they're game-ruining
>>
>>175696947
>They had planned the waterworld theme all this time...
They had? I mean, sure, there was the talk about pirates, but that's all the hints I can think of.

So okay, the final boss is the Siphoner Man, right?
>>
>>175696887
Shame it's focused on some others this time around.

>>175697105
Yeah, if it's just combat oriented I don't think I'll bother.
>>
>>175697105
>ree e.t.c
I don't see the problem.
It's an easy way to quickly describe the combat in a way many can understand.
>>
>>175697278
I don't think they just randomly put that Waterworld asset in Core City few years ago. And it's right next to where the Expedition will start. Too much to be a coincidence!

Maybe a new breed of siphoners. Siphoner Man is already busy watching arena fights
>>
>>175698048
It's good to see a different perspective of the world.
>>
>>175698213
>And it's right next to where the Expedition will start.

We will finally have a reason to go down the ladder?! Hype!

But seriously though, it still feels pretty random to me. There wasn't even a single mention of Black Sea in the game. Not a hint, not an indirect mention, not even the pirates were mentioned to come from a different location. Black Sea just didn't exist before this expansion, in any way.
>>
>>175699012
In a similar fashion there were no references to Free Drones before they got content. First the train heist and only select few uttering the name Free Drones, later on the whole questline and plenty of people talking about them.

It's really cool how Underrail world has been growing.
>>
>>175699336
I mean, lore-wise, Free Drones expanded to the south only few years ago and we more or less got to witness that happening in real-time during the few years of alpha development. I fucking love Timelapse Vertigo.
>>
>>175699012
>Black Sea just didn't exist before this expansion, in any way.
It's entirely possible NPCs will get new dialogue lines about Black Sea in the expansion.
>>
I am having a hell of a time getting to Mega Satan as The Lost. Any tips? Gotta be some Isaac guys in here.
>>
>>175699012
I don't know about what ladder you mean but someone somewhere said that the expedition starts from core city docks.
>>
>>175699336
It's cool, I'm just saying this is not a good example of something we could have predicted by paying attention to clues dropped in the game, because the Black Sea and its spear-wielding tribals, Lovecraftian architecture, jet skis and whatever all came out of nowhere. Maybe it was planned for a long time, but they sure as hell haven't dropped any hints of it. It feels more like after the game was out they just had a few brainstorming sessions about fun potential new features and setting ideas, and then compiled a list of them and made an expansion around it.

Not that I mind the Underrail world growing even more.
>>
Ezra is behind the ttwo headed mutant right. Are we finally going to clean house at SGS or at the very least make them spill the beans, even if only to your face?
>>
>>175699728
Get fucking loaded, that's pretty much it. Hopefully you have holy mantle and a few other defensive items like the soul, then you pray.
>>
File: ladder.jpg (70KB, 778x623px) Image search: [Google]
ladder.jpg
70KB, 778x623px
>>175699975
This ladder. Why does it exist. What is the point. There is literally nothing of interest down there. But looks like a good place to board a ship to Expansion-land.
>>
>>175699728
Are you having trouble making it to him or unlocking his door?
>>
>>175699656
I'm sure they will, wouldn't make sense if they didn't. Just saying that the location right now might as well not even exist, because absolutely nothing makes a reference to it.
>>
>>175700625
Nah, the jetski shop won't fit there.
10 bucks says there's gonna be a new zone in the docks and since Port Zenith is to the west, it's gonna be in the east. Right next to the waterworld fuel tank!
>>
>>175700747
I've been having shit luck with angel rooms. Gotten the big key twice. Died once to Isaac and once to Conquest (I know, I know).
>>
>>175700801
> Just saying that the location right now might as well not even exist, because absolutely nothing makes a reference to it
Black Sea is less commonly known as a Schrödinger's Sea.
>>
>>175700892
Isn't it unethical to propose a bet when you have unfair advantage?
>>
>>175701158
Oh, getting to the door itself. Yeah it's pretty since you have to hope for angel deals. It'd be nice if you could use sacrifice rooms to force them to spawn but that's out of the question. I think your only options are to hope for some cards or dad's key.
>>
>>175701158
Just give up on angel rooms m8. Be a stubborn asshole like I was and keep trying until you find Dad's Key or a get out of jail free card.
>>
>>175701350
Lurking underrail.com forums is now unfair advantage?
>>
>>175701616
Yes. Put on a blindfold. Hide in a cave. Then contact me through smoke signals if you want a bet.
>>
>>175695854
?
Vagante
The Last Cargo
Darkwood
>>
>>175696084
Does anyone else prefer the classic Spelunky over the HD version? I tried playing HD after playing the original for dozens of hours, but the automatic ledge grabbing killed it for me in spite of the new content and extra difficulty.
>>
>>175701174
Lel. But you know, the last patch was an opportunity as good as any to stealthily add in some small references. But I don't think I've come across any. Although it's also possible that they just want to keep the base game as pure as possible, so it doesn't feel like you are reading a commercial unless you have the expansion.
>>
>>175701817
Smoke signals in a cave sounds tempting, but I will contact you psionically when it is time.
>>
>>175702807
Good. Good. You do that. Just make sure your cave has no internet. Wouldn't want to be branded a cheater, right?
>>
>>175702672
>Although it's also possible that they just want to keep the base game as pure as possible, so it doesn't feel like you are reading a commercial unless you have the expansion.
That's most likely the case.

That said, I still have no idea what the new "recharge object" function of batteries could be for except recharging jet skis.
>>
>>175705562
Does it need another function? It's not like "recharge weapon" does a wide variety of things either. On the other hand, this one IS in the base game. Would be a little weird if nothing ever used it, but then, they could still remove it with a patch if it turns out it's only used in the expansion.
>>
>>175705562
Writing/content and game mechanics are different, right?

I don't think Styg's going to specifically disable any game mechanics in the base game, just limit availability of content. Owners of the base game should also benefit from the expansion's development.

Maybe, just maybe... jetskis won't be the only powered large objects in the future. Customizable dreadnoughts when? Or massive energy shield domes?
>>
>>175706906
>I don't think Styg's going to specifically disable any game mechanics in the base game
Wait a sec. He already did that with veteran levels, didn't he? I'm not good at this.
>>
>>175707972
Are you sure? I think that's only for the expansion. On oddity you wouldn't get enough experience to advance far in the veteran levels without additional content.

I'm sure the base game will benefit from the expansion. It already does, things like additional dialogue, new encounters and such wouldn't have happened if there wasn't new content on the way. But I don't think that much of the expansion mechanics will bleed over to th base game.
>>
File: oddities.png (563KB, 698x750px) Image search: [Google]
oddities.png
563KB, 698x750px
>>175706906
> On the other hand, this one IS in the base game. Would be a little weird if nothing ever used it
That was my point.

>but then, they could still remove it with a patch if it turns out it's only used in the expansion.
Yeah, probably.

>>175706906
>Writing/content and game mechanics are different, right?
It would be kinda weird for new players who only bought thebase game to have a mechanic that has literally no use.

>Maybe, just maybe... jetskis won't be the only powered large objects in the future. Customizable dreadnoughts when? Or massive energy shield domes?
I doubt we will get dreadnoughts, maybe another section where we ge to use them in the expansion.

>>175708291
>On oddity you wouldn't get enough experience to advance far in the veteran levels without additional content.
Assuming veteran levels take 120 xp, you could get to 26 for sure, maybe 27.

Pic related has exactly 100 xp over lvl 25, is missing a few oddities and the drink sampling quest which is worth 3 xp.
>>
>>175709186
>Assuming veteran levels take 120 xp
60*. Gotta go to sleep.
>>
>>175708291
>I don't think that much of the expansion mechanics will bleed over to th base game.
And I think it's going to be the opposite, most of the expansion mechanics will bleed into the base game. Like the battery thing, new cursors, maybe the vehicle menu if they rework dreadnoughts... I hope they do, even if it's just that one short protectorate quest it would be cool.

And if you have the expansion it will simply add new content like the new weapons in shops, timefuckery trainer somewhere, access to expedition main quest/jetskis in core city docks and expansion areas with it. I dunno, it just seems like that would be the easiest way to do it. But who knows how styg-logic works.
>>
Bumping is one hard job
>>
>>175712371
YOU STOLE MY JOB

MY HONOR

MY DUTY

I usually wait halfway through page 10, it moves really slowly even compared to page 9
>>
>>175709574
Seems like it'd break things for non expansion owners wouldn't it?
>>
>>175701158
Try gunning for Devil Deals and the Duality item. That way you can go back to having free Deals once you grab your key pieces.

But if you want to be ultra cheap you could try breaking the run with a different character and using the Clicker/Lost Poster to change into The Lost.
>>
>>175702646
classic spelunky is one of my all-time favorites. spent hours and hours playing it in high school as a library assistant cuz i couldnt run much on the ancient computers. same with knytt stories compared to knytt underground, too.
>>
>>175714978
Never thought about the fucking Clicker! Good thinking.
>>
well subnautica is a very good horror game so far

i'm still at the starting thing and the diseased manatee things creep me the fuck out, there's 2 of them just floating around me
>>
Holy shit flying breaks Yooka Laylee hard. This is sonic boom tier. Not even Dragon Kazooie was this broken.
>>
>>175718641
I might have dropped it somehow in panic but i think a fish stole my knife from me
>>
Twisty Farm and Tower of Sausage are kicking my ass. But I will soldier on.
>>
File: 1478077447140.gif (2MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478077447140.gif
2MB, 960x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI6APt2Knfg
>>
Does Stardew Valley have actual depth when it comes to gameplay? Any dynamic in-game mechanisms (e.g. real economy)? Asking as someone who never played it.
>>
>>175725641
in b4 ban

...Watching this!
>>
>>175593741

Isn't Flinthook out? Don't frequent these threads, but I think it's a roguelite in lieu of Spelunky (probably not as great, but still).

Just my two cents, would love to hear more thoughts about it as I have yet to play.
>>
>>175729879
Isn't it shit?
>>
>>175732336

Thanks for the really constructive input!
>>
>>175727538
I almost never get b& outside of the times that I post porn on /pol/ or spam /b/ and/or /trash/, neither of which I do anymore.

>>175726627
It's got about as much depth as an above-ground pool. Pretty simplistic and lacking in terms of certain things one can or cannot do. It's essentially Harvest Moon: PC Edition with some tacked-on Rune Factory elements that kind of feel out of place. Could be better, could be a lot worse, and generally speaking it's worth a playthrough or two, depending on your tolerance for shoddy writing and poor controls. Fishing minigame broke one of my computer mice, so there's that too. Thanks Obama.
>>
>>175733127
Speaking of Rune Factory, is it good? I heard it has very good waifus, but other than that, I don't know anything about it.
>>
>>175733201
it's harvest moon but better from what I know of it
>>
>>175733304
It's better to make better than Harvest Moon?
>>
>>175733201
Rune Factory and Rune Factory 2 are pretty good. Essentially Harvest Moon but in a high fantasy setting with crafting, monster taming and RPG elements. Rune Factory 2 also lets you play as your kid at some point.

Haven't played the others, given that most of my Nintendo DS games were either forcibly coerced out of my possession by a tranny otherkin that thought they were a Jedi, or traded in one week in 2013 so I wouldn't go hungry said week, and generally speaking I haven't gotten that much into Nintendo DS emulation at this time.

Protip: Best girl in any Rune Factory game is whichever one loves Turnips.
>>
>>175733526
>Harvest Moon but in a high fantasy setting with crafting, monster taming and RPG elements
That sounds like the kind of game I want. There must be a catch to it.
I'll see if it's on the Nintendo's E-shop.

Also, sound like you have a peculiar story.
>>
>>175733685
Might be on the e-Shop, though if your computer is capable of handing it you could try using a Nintendo DS emulator and just downloading the ROMs. Alternatively you could check somewhere like eBay. Can get a lot of used games on there real cheap. Used to buy computer parts there, was pretty sweet.

And I've got a lot of stories. More than I should, quite honestly.
>>
>Tower of Sausage
This is too much Sausage to process all at once.
>>
>>175734038
I have a 3DS, so I'd rather play consoles games on it.
Except the Metroid games, I'll have to emulate these, since they're only available on "New 3DS", and Fusion is missing anything.

And as much as I'd like to ask for these stories, it's too early for me to rage.
>>
>>175734170
It's definite intimidating, but seemingly easier puzzles have wrecked my shit much harder.
>>
>>175735052
I suppose I'll figure it out on the morrow then.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (871KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
871KB, 1280x720px
How do you end the noble war in Battle Brothers? I did the thing with the war camp. Got food for the war camp, destroyed an enemy caravan, and then helped the war camp win a fight. I figured the ambition to help a noble house win a war would be finished, but it's been a few days in-game and nothings happened.
>>
>try underrail
>it's one of these "you can only use a lockpick once, after it disappears out of existence" game
>>
>>175735694
By killing everyone, duh.
>>
>>175736650
Geez, why are you surprised, it's a common mechanics
>>
>>175740013
Just because it's common doesn't mean I have to like it.
There are many people who love to take a dick in their asses, that doesn't mean I like it too.
>>
>>175736650
It's a MAGICAL world.
>>
>>175680789
Did you hold her hand /indie/?
>>
>>175726627
Nope. Maybe when farm hand is out
>>
>>175732336
It's a divisive game
>>
>>175734213
Get a supercard dstwo
>>
Is Dustforce worth bothering with in 2017?

It doesn't run well on my PC and first tutorials make an impression of a rather sterile platformer
>>
>>175746632
Don't force yourself to play and like it. It's another twitch reflex grinding plattformer like meatboy but with a more chill soundtrack.
>>
>>175733526
Wouldn't mind hearing that tranny psycho story.
>>
>>175736650
If you want an immersive explanation,it's entirely possible reusable lockpicks like those in our world were simply never developed in Underrail world, they only ever came up with a design that deforms after single use.

Or locks is Underrail are so convoluted that they actually require a pick that deforms.

Gameplay wise it's supposed to make lockpicks a resource. If they were reusable, there would be no point in preserving scarce Mk III picks for example.

That said, the ultimate lockpick is reusable, but you get it late in the game abd as a reward to one of the harddest questlines in the game.
>>
>>175736650
Don't lock pick guns often break?
>>
>>175740768
It can't be that common to like dicks inside your output orifices. Besides, JC approves of consumable lockpicks.
>>
>>175753171
JC's true love was omnitools though.
>>
I don't get why sniper rifles in Underrail have 14 optimal range and 20 max range.

If the enemy is standing right next to you and can be attacked in melee, according to the game mechanics he's at 1 range from you.

So for example if the enemy is 10 tiles away (or in other words if you need to spend 100 movement points to reach him since every tile requires 10 MPs) he's actually at 11 range.

This is easily tested with a pistol- the max range is 10, but you cannot shoot unless the enemy is 9 tiles/90 MPs away.

But back to the original point- maximum range at which you can see enemies is exactly 13, I checked. Beyond that point the fog of war makes it impossible to target enemies, they are simply not visible.

There is a single exception- while fog of war makes enemies invisible, it has no effect on objects. So you still can set off an explosive barrel at 20 range, but since you cannot see if enemies are next to it or not it's of little use (unless the enemies don't move around and stand right next to the barrel, but this is almost never the case).

In other words having more than 13 max range is basically pointless, all it does is make you able to set off explosive barrels without knowing if anything is near them or not. Having more than 13 optimal range is absolutely useless.

I find it really funny how Black Arrow has 15 optimal range instead of 14. Yeah, that's totally gonna make a difference.

Also, funny thing is, this doesn't apply to NPCs, or a least not always- I recall multiple cases where NPCs with assault rifles were able to hit me from beyond the fog of war. Max range of standard ARs is 14, so they were standing right beyond the fog.
>>
>>175754017
Go away Alex, we don't talk about you.

DXIW was still better DX game than DXHR
>>
>>175755851
That doesn't necessarily translate to a more enjoyable game.
>>
>>175755851
No.
>>
>>175755851
Both were shit, just in different ways. HR put up a more convincing illusion that it was good, but at least IW was honest in its shittiness and clunkiness.

That, and the omnitool bug is 11/10 Bug of the Year, and almost makes IW worth playing. Such a brilliant fuckup.
>>
>>175756251
True. The gameplay was shit.
>>
>>175756334
How does it work?
>>
>>175757125
On every level in the game there is one omnitool that is bugged. It looks and behaves like any regular omnitool, with the exception that it doesn't stack with other omnitools.

If you try to pick it up while your inventory is full, every time you click on it a new bugged omnitool will spawn somewhere else on the matter. The location is always the same, but finding it can be tricky. It could be anywhere, on the ground, or way high up in the sky.

Once you find the spawn place, you can just keep infinitely multiplying them, until the game can't handle it anymore and crashes. Or just take some with you and move on, since bugged omnitools stack with their own kind.

It's a fun game to track down the source omnitool and the spawns on every level. More fun than the game itself.
>>
>>175755851
MD was the true sequel to DX
>>
>>175757579
>that inventory
IT BURNS
>>
>>175757579
>fraps
Oh shit nigga what was your 2014 self doing?
>>
>>175758941
Yeah, IW's UI is fucking eye cancer. Thankfully you can set transparency to maxuimum, so at least you don't have to stare at it all the time. Should have been the default, but anyone who doesn't adjust it immediately deserves to suffer.

There was one anon who insisted really hard that the UI must have been designed for VR, because it works perfectly with it.
>>
>>175756334
Well, kind of. That's because HR is good on the surface level - nice visuals, gameplay doesn't scream consolitis, adequate level design, well polished, enough superficial shoutouts to original DX to get the nostalgia flowing.

But the themes and writing are embarassing for a DX game. This is where IW wins.
>>
>>175759358
Not him, but I'm still using fraps in 2017. Not for video capture though, just screenshots and framerate display.

So what are all the cool kids using these days?
>>
>>175759662
OBS
>>
>>175759662
OBS
Nvidia Shadowplay
Xboxapp
>>
>>175759358
Dunno, I kept asking the same question myself. Needed a recording tool to support my bitching about the game, and this was the first one I found. It got the job done.
>>
>>175759662
OBS
>>
>>175759358
What's wrong with fraps? It works and the quality is good, at least with the pirated full version. It's perfectly adequate for 3 MB webms.
>>
>>175759875
it bloats filesize to shit
>>
>>175759767
>>175759815
>>175759857
Well, yeah, I'd also use shadowplay if I wanted to record vidya gameplay for some perverted reason.

But I said I use fraps for screenshots and framerate display only. Why would I use video capture/streaming software for that?
>>
>>175760026
True but I couldn't care less about the size of the orginal file when making webms, I'm going to get rid of the it anyways.
>>
>>175760036
i use playstv. I don't even know how I got it because I know I didn't download it, but maybe it was something with drivers updating.

It's pretty good I think.
>>
>>175760284
I think that is an optional part of amd drivers now. You can uncheck the download for it.
>>
>>175760587
maybe I wasn't paying attention

anyway it's a good program I'm not too upset about it
>>
>>175760026
It's a resource tradeoff. Better use cheap & abundant HD space than waste CPU during recording. In fact that used to be the only viable way to do it.

Kids these days with their fancy hardware H264 encoding, pfft.
>>
>>175759432
But the gameplay DOES scream consolitis- third person cover, non manually aimed takedowns. The AI can only be excused because DE AI is notoriously dumb but that's not a redeeming feature.

Personally I think a more advanced, aggressive AI that goes into alert if patrols don't report periodically and group up to fuck your shit up afterwards while engaging lockdown elements would force players to either really go through a level undetected or accelerate the pace, and both are improvement upon "hide in a corner with a throwable prop and an increasingly larger body pile".
>>
>>175762981
>I think a more advanced, aggressive AI that goes into alert if patrols don't report periodically and group up to fuck your shit up afterwards while engaging lockdown elements would force players to either really go through a level undetected or accelerate the pace
So like in the Phantom Pain?
>>
File: id1.jpg (104KB, 1152x833px) Image search: [Google]
id1.jpg
104KB, 1152x833px
Actual screenshot of Ittle Dew 1
>>
>>175762981
>But the gameplay DOES scream consolitis
Nah, it's just a product of its era. IW was way worse when it was released.
>>
>>175763518
What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
File: 271820_20161129202904_1.png (832KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161129202904_1.png
832KB, 1920x1080px
>>175763518
It's a prototype?
>>
>>175760036
>But I said I use fraps for screenshots and framerate display only. Why would I use video capture/streaming software for that?
That's a tad self-contradicting because fraps IS a video capture software
>>
>>175765864
Ha, they're making a Scott Pilgrim game?
>>
L-Lewd
>>
>>175765991
It might seem like it, but fraps started off as a benchmarking tool that showed you FPS.

While something like OBS has been streaming software from the beginning.
>>
>>175765991
OBS can do screenshots IIRC
I use msi afterburner for framerate in non-steam games. I think MSI afterburner can do screenshots too.
>>
Ticket is in a bundle with a bunch of scheiß spiele for under $4
https://www.indiegala.com/contingency
>>
>>175763052
I don't know, I haven't played that game. But the face that GARM, the super secret illuminaty facility where the game's final boss had his office, was laughably easy to the point that prop throwing was literally all that was needed to knock out every single guard without being detected is a dark point in MD, and HR wasn't much better as far as I can remember when it comes to guards covering each other's patrol routes and not letting you hug a corner afk forever in practically all the maps.
>>
>>175768389
Tell me whats good about Ticket again?
Without an ironic answer.
>>
>>175768249
just out of curiosity, but how does your setup works?
I use greenshot for caps, they work pretty good, autonaming saving and etc, only problem is it doesn't capture fullscreen apps
I have OBS though for the few times I had to record something, I'm pretty savy in video editing and converting too, but for that I do in loonix
>>
>>175770006
Unironica decent plattformer thanks to the new gimmicks every level and the level design.
Apart from that the abstract charme of the audiovisuals.
>>
File: Erin5.png (120KB, 207x416px) Image search: [Google]
Erin5.png
120KB, 207x416px
Did progress on my game today.

https://youtu.be/VWcnn2o6RFA
>>
>>175771041
>not speedrunning it
https://youtu.be/mKyoqJ0Ayjk?t=6m16s
>>
>>175696145
>>175696485
>Early access
Fucking hell. I was kind of excited for this too.
>>
>>175771136
who is that?
>>
>>175773525
A girl.
>>
>>175769827
HR suffers from a couple of bad decisions : forced boss battles, grinding for experience, and a weird knock out system.

And damn, the dialogue boss battles were easily the best idea in the entire game. They felt as good as New Vegas' discussions where you just check your speech skill.
>>
>>175771136

Question about those robots. Are they naked, or is that blue stuff on them supposed to be skintight clothes?
>>
>>175776497
>grinding for experience
Why? The game is easy enough that you can go through with minimal augmentations. You only really need hacking capture, that's 4 points, and the CASIE augments if you want to be able to push during certain sidequests. That's enough to see all the content.

If you want to speed up bosses, boss 1 has throwable, 3 points for typhoon to nuke boss 2, exploit to takedown boss 3, boss 4 self-destructs.

Then all you really can use are quality of life improvements: icarus, arm strength, emp shielding, double takedowns, respirator, battery, inventory, cloak if you're impatient. None of them are mandatory either. Really there's no reason to grind, there's enough quest xp & praxis kits to be found/bought to cruise through.
>>
>>175777334
But why would you want minimal augmentations?
>>
>>175771136
Does she have multiple party members at that point or why does she say "we"?
>>
>>175771136
Outline the area's name. Green on green is hard to read.
>>
File: Erin3.png (123KB, 207x416px) Image search: [Google]
Erin3.png
123KB, 207x416px
>>175776642
skintight clothes.

>>175773525
Erin

https://youtu.be/50YothB5S-I

>>175777762
Yes, there are 2 other party members at that point.

>>175777928

Yeeeah it does look weird, I might actually change it to cyan altogether, easier to read.
>>
File: 1458323453132.jpg (425KB, 1024x415px) Image search: [Google]
1458323453132.jpg
425KB, 1024x415px
>>175777525
Not him, but in HR I struggle to find augmentations I even want. Horrible design and horrible selection. Some of the combat ones are fine if you just want to run and gun. Hilariously that's the playstyle that limits your EXP the most.
>>
File: Like.jpg (150KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Like.jpg
150KB, 1024x768px
>>175778250
She looks like a submissive girl who looks like she's been threatened with a spanking.

Cyan won't be enough. Outline it with white or black.
>>
>>175777525
It's not a question of want, it's a question of need.

The point is that there is NO incentive to grind in the game because you need about 6 points to see everything there is to see, and only a few more for the common alternate routes options.
>>
>>175778297
>Hilariously that's the playstyle that limits your EXP the most
>If you go loud in a game about stealth, you get less EXP
Who'da thunk.
>>
>>175779038
Deus Ex is not, and never was, a series about stealth. It's only one option it gives you. Many of the augmentations HR gives you have literally no use for a stealth playstyle. The irony is that the ones it offers for stealth almost all make the stealth experience worse.

So with the exception of a couple of no-brainers like jumping, you have no reason to use most of those augs unless you go combat. In which case your level progression will be curbed. It's just bad design, really.
>>
>>175779762
>bad design
I agree, but Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are very much focused on the stealth over the combat.
>>
>>175779038
Deus Ex was never known as stealth series. it was known as very free to pick your style series.
>>
>>175779762
I never really understood Deus Ex.
>sometimes you can force door open with a sword
>sometimes no, you need an explosive
>>
>>175780593
If I remember correctly anything that can be opened with an explosive can be opened with the sword as well, but in some cases it requires maxed melee and possibly the strength aug. Same how some enemies can only be prodded/batoned to unconsciousness with melee/strength.
>>
>none of the takedowns are silent to the player's ears except for ONE animation when the guard is seated
>clocking elite guards hard enough to knock them out is nonetheless considered completely silent even though you hear them cry out
>killing them isn't though because you HAVE to punch those arm blades in center mass instead of more efficient takedowns
>you can knock out 7+ feet tall brutes with a punch to the thorax because the animation is the same as for grunts
>elites with a full helmet still spill enough spit to fry a few onions in a pan
The list goes on.
I hate pre-animated takedowns. The ones in MD are even more ridiculous now that they instantaneously hide the body.

Also
>secret illuminati shadow operatives base
>guards loudly repeating "flashbang grenades are my favorites to use against civilians"
Yeeeaaah man, fuck subtlety, fuck shades of gray.
>>
>>175780834
Oh, so strength does matter when it comes to forcing doors. I thought it was only the weapon's base damage.
>>
Tumbleseed is pretty enjoyable but I'm not sure how much variety there will be in runs. Additional powers are the only extra things that change about your character as you progress in a run and while they have some satisfying niche uses they don't really change up how you approach the game too much.
The Crystal/currency management system for using powers is very engaging though. Between the base four powers that you start every run with, there's a constant challenge of whether you're going to spend a crystal to heal 1/4 of a heart, give yourself another attack, lay down a check-point or just roll over each node for 1/3 of a Crystal.
>>
>>175779038
Deus Ex is not a stealth game, it's more of an immersive sim. It presents you with multiple options and you are free to choose whatever palystyle suits you best.

Similarly Dishonored is not a stealth game either, at least not strictly.
>>
>>175783819
Dishonored is pretty open, but it still punishes you with a bad ending if you kill everyone.

Meanwhile Deus Ex doesn't give a fuck if one or two hundred people are killed.
>>
>>175784001
Why contain it?
I hope you killed every gold mask you came accross in GARM anon.
>>
File: 22.png (344KB, 611x362px) Image search: [Google]
22.png
344KB, 611x362px
Is this an older version of the map?
>>
>>175781936
Oh this, they showed that for the switch launch. Looks really interesting.
>>
>>175781936

Oh nice, I was wondering if there was any discussion about this game yet.

I'm about to buy on PS4, need a game I can play in brief spurts while I write my dissertation. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>175784142
I don't kill people if it makes a difference.
For old games that mix downed enemies with killed one (I think Deus Ex did that), I don't bother. But if it makes a difference, then I'm Batman.

I still had fun knocking Ramirez out and throwing him in his Burricks' pen, especially since the later games admit it as canon.
>>
>>175784359
Nah, Deus Ex made a difference between killed and knocked out enemies, it just doesn't really matter. There are some characters that try to guilt trip you if you kill, but you know how the story goes. It's just a ruse. In reality no one really gives a fuck and the game lets you decide what you want to do.
>>
>>175784359
It makes no difference in MD outside of the pacifist achievement.
You're literally MIA for the entire duration of that mission in a secret facility currently evacuating personnel and gear. Nobody will bitch you out because you shot the place up, it's not like you if you had gone balls deep into a bomb scene and shot up the cop.

In fact, even when you do that in HR and kill literally every living soul in the detroit police station, nobody mentions it. Not your boss, not the media, not the other NPCs. At least if you kill policemen in ruszica you get shouted at.
>>
>>175784223
Yeah probably. I don't know many developers that bother to change the steamstore images.
>>
>>175771136
nice, i've been looking forward to it for a while
>>
>>175784001
>punishes you with a bad ending
It is not a bad ending nor is it punshing you. It's simply a cynical, pragmatic ending. The empire survives and Emily becomes the Empress, those are the things that matter, everything else is just details.

It's immerisve. It's the kind of mindset high chaos Corvo would have. Reaching his goals at any cost, be it for greater good or simply revenge.

The only bad ending is when you let Emily die, but that punishes you for being terrible at hostage situations.

Besides, you need to kill over 30% of all NPCs in the game to get high chaos. This is a lot and you clearly need to get out of your way to kill that many people. No one said "ghost with clean hands" and "absolute no-stealth psychopath killing everyone in his way including civilians" are your only options.

I once finished Dishonored with really specific restrictions- no powers (except for the blink tutorial and waterlock section), no crossbow, no reloading unless I die. Trying to stealth through, kill without mercy if I get caught or if I just think someone deserves to die. I shot a lot of people dead. I still finished with low chaos.

>Deus Ex doesn't give a fuck if one or two hundred people are killed
Your actions having no consequences is not necessarily a good design.
>>
>>175784849

Ok I was wondering about the stairs, perhaps I had missed something... Thanks.
>>
File: Screenshot 14.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 14.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Sup guys, finishing up the revamp on my industrial complex
>>
>>175784815
>Deus Ex made a difference between killed and knocked out enemies
Not exactly. In the first mission I knocked everyone out and still got Paul telling me I killed a lot of people.

>>175784829
Haven't played MD, only Deus Ex and HR.

>>175785191
I just like to think that it shows the differences between Corvo and JC.
Corvo has a lot of power, so everything he does is important, as he's basically shaping a country.
Compared to him, JC is just a thug, an executor that does that other people tell him to. He has no real power, no influence, no political power.

Corvo creates a new world, Denton only tries to destroy the MJ12 and free the world, but never wonder what comes after it until the very end of the game.
I'll have to try Deus Ex Revision to see if it makes a difference.

>>175785509
What the fuck is wrong with these railroads?
>>
>>175785509
looks pretty cool
>>
>>175785509
Is that a (modded) Cities: Skylines?
>>
>>175784001
>bad ending
I really like how the game changes in tone if you murder a big enough amount of people and I wouldn't really call the ending "bad". But then again there's a saying where I come from which more or less translates into "Taste is like our asses: it's divided!"
>>
>>175785762
Even then, the only differences are the pacifist cheevo and maaybe the tone of the final cutscene, but frankly that last cutscene is insultingly bad regardless of what you did unless you pick self destruct.

Nothing else changes except one line from Pritchard after the first mission, and that line is binary whether you kill one dude or twenty.
>>
File: C-7stZkXcAE8CHd[1].jpg (65KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C-7stZkXcAE8CHd[1].jpg
65KB, 1200x675px
>>175784265
>>175784250
It's got a very uneven learning curve thanks to the controls.
It's dead-easy to understand but getting a handle on the physics and accurately rolling your seed around is very demanding. Once you get the hang of that, the difficulty drops back down before settling into a consistent upwards curve.
>>
>>175786189
In my country, it goes as "opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!"
>>
>>175785762
>I knocked everyone out and still got Paul telling me I killed a lot of people

That shouldn't happen. It was either a bug, or one of the terrorists you knocked out somehow died later.

Probably a bug. Deus Ex's flags are, well, less than perfect. There are some cases where simply entering an area makes the game think you killed in conversations. For example if you take just a single step through the main entrance in Battery Park, you will get the "shot up the place with Anna" flag.
>>
>>175786492
And in both cases, they are all full of shit
>>
>>175786375
Oh, I was talking about Deus Ex.
HR is very fun, but the endings left a very sour taste in my mouth.

>>175786505
True. I remember clipping through a container on Liberty Island.
>>
I like how retarded Rimworld can get.
I just crafted a billard table with human leather and gold.
>>
>>175785509
That looks comfy.
>>
File: [006667].png (109KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
[006667].png
109KB, 350x350px
>>175787501
>I just crafted a billard table with human leather and gold.
>>
>>175787846
Once I understand how the game works, I'll try mods. I look forward to having a bunch of Imperial Stormtroopers shooting R'lyeth abominations.
>>
>>175778250
MAKE PORN
>>
>>175778250
>Yes, there are 2 other party members at that point.
Considered adding them to your visuals so you got a party snake following you?
>>
I'm gonna deconstruct my escape pod.
>>
File: Adversaries purified.png (186KB, 450x698px) Image search: [Google]
Adversaries purified.png
186KB, 450x698px
Made this for a "Fill in the blanks in the template" thread on /v/, but it died before I had a chance to post mine. Just realised it might fit well here.
>>
oh it won't let you do that, bummer
>>
File: 40396217_p0.jpg (503KB, 932x1200px) Image search: [Google]
40396217_p0.jpg
503KB, 932x1200px
>>175791872
To think that they associated OFF and Undertale...
>>
>>175791872
>/v/ kid triggered at an artblog
Still?
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/618950/Agatha_Knife/
Oh a new game by the MechaNica team.
>>
Which Harvest Moon/Rune Factory game is the best? Just the lastest one, or is there an old one who's better?
>>
>>175793008
Whichever you happen to play first.
>>
>>175792759
>lol religion is evil and brainwash people
>arent I provocative???
That game look like a pretentious piece of trash. Does it even qualify as a game, or is it another fucking walking simulator?
>>
File: tumblr_opc5rzR70b1rlbzngo1_1280.png (796KB, 1024x861px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opc5rzR70b1rlbzngo1_1280.png
796KB, 1024x861px
>>175791872

>named the BATTER
>has a bat
>punches people instead of hitting them with his bat
>>
File: 1409276976448.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1409276976448.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
>>175793195
>whe you are so underaged you don't know point&click adventures
>>
>>175793090
They're that bad?
>>
>>175792283
The suffering just never stops
>>
>>175792489
/v/ lives to hate so they're going to obsess about every little thing tumblr does, staying up through the night just stewing in impotent hate
>>
>>175793639
Hi MechaNica.
>>
Thinking about making a horror themed metroidvania/platformer. Yay or nay?
>>
>>175793195
>we're calling Point and Click adventures "walking simulators" now

Has science gone too far?
>>
>>175793613
All the better to bait you with.
>>
>>175795103
So basically Metroid?
>>
>>175795196
Well i dont find metroid to be very spooky. Think a more fleshed out "all of our friends are dead"
>>
>>175795334
I dunno, I don't think metroidvanias work with magic stuff.
Plus I don't mind dark, oppressive games, but at least give me a good ending. Games with bad endings are just telling you that all you did was for nothing.
>>
So I just read on the Rimworld wiki that even steel who has a 0% flammability can melt if it's hot enough.

Is that true?
>>
>>175798314
Yeah sounds logical.
>>
>>175798652
Just asking to be sure, Rimworld has its own logic. For example, colonists don't need to drink. Or to shower. In fact, there's no water at all.

I guess it's better to build my walls with stone.
>>
>>175798314
I don't remember for sure, but I think whether something can be destroyed with heat depends on its form. Items, furniture, walls, etc.
>>
>>175795103
I mean, you can't really make a horror metroidvania because horror games require disempowering player and in metroidvanias player is amassing power instead

But you can still make a horror-themed one, it can be creepy or unsettling with good designs, but probably never scary
>>
In Battle Brothers, do any of you guys ever use the orc or goblin weapons? I always just sell them.
>>
>>175795713
>I don't think metroidvanias work with magic stuff.
Have you ever heard of Castlevania?
>>
>>175799117
Any game with character development is about empowering the player. But that doesn't mean the horror elements can't disempower the player.

In fact, I would say there is plenty of untapped potential for horror games in this area. Lull the player into sense of security, have them think they know the game mechanics and have a powerful character. Then have the horror elements brutally deny all their preconceived notions.
>>
>>175799117
I disagree that horror games can only work if you severely disempower the player or that combat should be removed entirely. Silent Hill Shattered Memories is a good example of how removing combat can make things much worse.
>>
>>175800716
I played Lords of Shadow 2.

It was trash.

>>175800849
The Arkham games deal with horror elements by fucking up with the interface and attacking directly the player.
You are comfortable when it comes to combat? Let's remove the interface and all the help.
There's a 3-seconds cutscene when you open a door or put some explosive on the wall? Let's suddenly have a villain that smash you in the middle of it.
>>
>>175801179
>The Arkham games deal with horror elements by fucking up with the interface and attacking directly the player.
That's just fucking cheap. Barely above jumpscares.

I'm talking Shalebridge Cradle levels of psychological fuckery.
>>
>>175800950
fgc in a nutshell
>>
>>175801179
I'd like to see horror games that unpause automatically or randomly refuse to pause when youre in danger
>>
>>175799117
I remember there was a game that got harder BECAUSE you continually got depowered as you beat each boss.
>>
File: 1464384241907.jpg (80KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464384241907.jpg
80KB, 600x400px
Name my BB company
>>
>>175793195
d r o p p e d
>>
>>175771136
What is this art style called?
>>
>>175801320
>That's just fucking cheap. Barely above jumpscares.
I disagree. Fucking up with the player is really good at making him paranoid.
I already really liked the scenes with the Scarecrow in Asylum, through it only works once.

>>175801509
I think Amnesia and Alien Isolation do that.
Fuck Alien Isolation, thought. Never finished it.

>>175801703
Boyington's Bastards.
>>
>>175802029
While it may work, just like a jumpscare will make you flinch, it's still fucking cheap.

But that's just me, I always thought fourth wall breaking of that kind (think Psycho Mantis for a non-horror example) is just lame. Stupid, pointless, and immersion-breaking gimmicks.
>>
>>175785837
thanks
>>175786096
yep kinda,
need one that plop big buildings like that and work as industry
>>
File: spellshard.png (8KB, 263x143px) Image search: [Google]
spellshard.png
8KB, 263x143px
This.

This game might be the ultimate throwback turn-based RPG.

It's challenging with a lot of build variety. It encapsulates the feeling I got when I first played the old Dragon Warrior/Final Fantasy games when I was young.

I have to sing its praises!
>>
>>175785762
oh yeah, and what about the rails seem wrong?
>>
>>175802029
don't think any of those un pause on game
but for sure one cool thing was that the game still goes on while you read or do stuff (for example tab, but not esc)

>>175801320
I think he meant like messing up with what the player see as real,
it's an interesting mechanic and make you truly paranoid,
I remember one cube game that was kinda like that,
at random you enter rooms upside down, without a head, and plainly messing with the player, all on account that the actual character was losing its mind
>>
>>175803609
Eternal Darkness fucked with the player so well.
>>
why would someone in UnderRail ever use riot gear when tactical vests/metal armor exists?
>>
>>175804171
theres no better protection from melee damage

metal armor needs str
>>
File: Eva.png (2MB, 2373x1602px) Image search: [Google]
Eva.png
2MB, 2373x1602px
>>175790915
Wouldn't work well with some gameplay stuff I have planned, like jumping on ledges, dash panels and whanot, hard to explain but I can't add more characters following you with those mechanics in mind.

>>175789698
There's some floating around here and there.
>>
>>175804546
>need strength to use shields to even be good against blocking melee
>disables the use of 2-handed weapons
>>
>>175804171
CAU
>>
>>175804890
what i said still stands

its the best against melee even without shield and there are plenty of 1h weapons

its the best against hard melee enemies like carnifex but other than that you dont need melee protection much
>>
Who's the best Stardew Valley character?
>>
>>175803994
>Eternal Darkness
is that the one? and by the way, really would like game some recommends on these obscure but awesome horror games, what else /indie/ got?
>>
>>175806928
Yeah, on top of that it would fuck with the volume and video, your saves, sometimes you would just die. Sometimes. Maybe.
>>
>>175807361
> https://youtu.be/RSXcajQnasc
seems about right, fuck, the audio/video seems kinda silly, but man some of those really mess you up
man remembering how old this game is... fuck... now that I think about it I should find gamecube/ playstation and more modern games to play
since my PC now should have no problem running them, and I lost a lot of those in generation games due to not having the consoles

and just a bit of blogging because I'm feeling like it,
I played Penumbra a fucking long time ago, because it was one of the first commercially available games on linux, that run natively and even smooth for that matter, a true indie
I liked (and got spooped) it so much that became a insta fan of the company and brought Amnesia on release, this was even before I was actually able to buy games regularly, and even before Steam if I remember correctly
really loved them, the ones that actually brought back the horror genre, and fucking hell that last Soma game was brilliant
>>
>>175809378
>5 seconds of Pius just staring at you
>that fake delete
Brilliant.
>>
>>175806928
darkwood?
>>
File: vqw3223.png (23KB, 96x54px) Image search: [Google]
vqw3223.png
23KB, 96x54px
Did anyone ever make that "Happy ending" for isaac
>>
>>175810391
was about to say you can have decent horror without full 3d fps, but this kinda reminded of project zomboid, and boy I did have some pretty strong scares with that one, not kiddin but that really makes me tense
>>
>>175755832
The feeling of the range of the sniper rifles always bugged me.

Shoot some dudes at max range and they're still on your ass in no time...
>>
>>175802814
>SpellsharO
>>
File: 2017_05_03_21_13_29-007-ses.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017_05_03_21_13_29-007-ses.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
well i had a 10-hour session of subnautica which i only stopped playing because this happened
>>
>>175802814
>free
Huh guess I'll check it out then.
>>
>>175810719
Sinners don't deserve happy endings.
>>
>>175812281
It's clearly the Detroit Tigers D
>>
>Oetroit Tigers
>>
>>175755832
That's a really good question, I've been wondering about that too.

But I think you more or less answered it yourself - the range is that high so sniper enemies with higher field of vision than you can snipe you down.

Maybe at one point Perception was meant to affect fov, and that range is a leftover from that. Or maybe Styg just has a thing for shooting rocks, walls, and barrels from a distance.
>>
are there any mods for isaac that fix breakfasting yourself with the d4
>>
>>175815647
Yea, I know at least two mods did that but I don't actually have ab+ so I wish you luck on your search
>>
>>175814753
The final boss Jordan ZImmerman
>>
>>175802814
Looks nice. But man, do I hate FF/DQ style combat.
>>
>>175815047
How oare you
>>
File: in the lisa house.png (10KB, 388x332px) Image search: [Google]
in the lisa house.png
10KB, 388x332px
>>
Just kill me, I can't open Devil Daggers because of that stupid steam api bug.
Will it ever be fixed?
>>
File: HiresScreenshot 10.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HiresScreenshot 10.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Think I've nailed train terminal this time
>>
File: Screenshot 16.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 16.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Overhead design

>>175812665
what were you expecting, head patting?
>>
>>175820258
I was expecting to not run into a reaper leviathan.

I just want the fucking upgrader but I can't find the wreckage for it.
>>
>>175819857
time to filez it?
>>
>>175820404
What? explain
>>
>>175820258
what's the point of the parallel track bits?
>>
>>175822609
>parallel track bits
Not him, but looks like buffer for extra trains on the system to idle in, equivalent of a train-yard, until the one in-station finishes up.
>If a Train is currently in station, instead of going around the bend and smashing into it, go into the nearest open extra slot
>When train leaves, pull backwards onto track, then pull forward and around into station
>>
>>175822964
i mean, i don't think train ai is that good
>>
>>175823208
IIRC the train system works similarly to Factorio in that you can program stops into a train system after planting the stop markers on the different track bits and if, then rules.
>>
File: pig.png (231KB, 301x638px) Image search: [Google]
pig.png
231KB, 301x638px
>>175804171
There is really no point. It's terrible at everything. You're about to know just how much.

>>175804546
>>175805346
>theres no better protection from melee damage
>its the best against melee even without shield
HAHAHA

Oh boy good one. You're so worng it hurts. I even have a copypasta ready for that one.

It's shit.

This is not just an opinion, a lot of research went into this statement.

First, let's take a look at its purpose. It's supposed to be a medium-to-heavy jack-of-all-trades armor that will give decent enough protection against everything. Never the best never the worst.

The concept is good. Sadly the execution is not.

First of all, riot gear has exactly the same stats as tactical vest of the same quality, but has 10% more armor penalty.

Tac vest/Riot gear have poor resistance and average threshold that scale really bad with quality, worst of all armor in the game.

This is the heart of the problem. This shitty resistance and average threshold works for tac vest because they gain an immense threshold bonus against bullets and have many way to increase it. They get laminated plates that sacrifice some of the resistance for more threshold, super steel sheets that do the same but on a bigger scale, ceramic plates that up the DT by a lot at the cost of huge armor penalty, feat that adds another 3 DT to crafted vests etc. You can easily end up with 40 DT on a tac vest, 120 against bullets.

Riot gear does not benefit from it. It has only 100% DT increase against bullets and 75% DR/DT increase against melee, it's not nearly enough to make up for the shitty DR/DT it has.

Lets not forget energy shields pretty much trivalize all gun users except for snipers. That leaves riot gear with it melee bonus as its only saving grace.

con.
>>
>>175824298
>>175804546
>>175805346
The problem is, it sucks too.

I did some tests. I compared pig leather armor (high resistance, slightly lower DT than other leather armors and bonus to HP) equipped with dense padding (gives bonus DR/DT against melee, works exactly like Riot Gear bonus) to riot gear equipped with reinforced padding (because going for DT would only gimp it more) and sturdy vest for bonus HP.

So those 2 armors aresupposed to be basically the same thing-good against melee and with HP bonus. Hell, they both have 20% penalty too.

con.

50 quality pig leather and 50 quality dense padding vs. 50 quality reinforced fabric plate and 50 quality sturdy vest

Leather armor: 26%/4, 20% increase against melee attacks (31%/5) and +1 CON (this equals to 5 bonus HP on level 1 and 34 bonus HP on level 25 on hard, 7-51 on normal and 16-102 on easy)

Riot Gear: 21%/3, 75% increase against melee attacks (37%/5) and 35 bonus HP.

Now I know what you are thinking
>b-but Anon, riot gear clearly looks better aganist melee!
Yeah, it does, That's where the "shitty scaling" part comes in.

100 quality infused pig leather and 100 quality padding vs 100 quality reinforced fabric plate and 100 quality sturdy vest

Leather armor: 36%/7, 27% increase against melee (46%/9) 75 health increase, +1 CON

Riot Gear: 26%/5, 75% increase against melee (46%/9) 70 health increase

So now their resistances against melee are literally equal, while leather armor gives more HP and better DR/DT against everything else (except for 4 DT less against bullets, but energy shields make that a moot point- you are not stopping anything serious with 4 DT on a 100 quality armor anyways)

con.
>>
>>175804171
>>175804546
>>175805346
>>175824298
>>175824482
Now comparsion between endgame stuff. Keep in mind those things might be a little off- you are not likely to find dense padding better than 130+ before Deep Caverns, you are not likely to find both reinforced fabric plate and sturdy best better than 120+ before Deep Caverns either, but you can get infused pig leather better than 150. So if anything, this will be biased with Riot Gear having an advantage.

150 quality pig leather and 150 quality dense padding vs. 150 quality reinforced fabric plate and 150 quality sturdy vest

Leather armor: 45%/10, 35% increase against melee (61%/14), 100 bonus health, +1CON

Riot Gear: 30%/7, 75% increase against melee (53%/12), 105 bonus health

So in the end, riot gear ends up with less everything save for 4 more DT against bullets. It's worse against melee, it's worse overall, it gives less health, it gives you 4 more DT against bullets.

>inb4 shields
Here is a problem with shields" first, they give armor penalty and STR requirement. So much penlaty in fact, you are better off wearing a metal armor instead at this point.

Second of all, it limits you to unarmed/knife/pistols only and none of those really lean into high armor penalty high STR side.

And the numbers are just too small. a 150 quality super steel shield has 35% chance to block up to 42 points of melee damage. That's up to 15 points on average. It's just not enough to justify additional armor penalty, STR requirement and limiting you to one-handed weapons.

The only good riot gear is CAU armor. And it's good despite being riot gear, not because of it.

tl;dr riot gear sucks.
>>
>>175812665
>>175820258
>Play game for TEN HOURS STRAIGHT
>Forget to save before I exit
>In [CURRENT YEAR], game does not have some auto-save function.
>Entire 10-hour session gone.
>>
When doing all zones mode in Necrodancer, is the general goal of the first floor to kill and rob the blood shop owner? It seems to rely on finding a second bomb which isn't always doable. Should I just use my bomb on the first instance of being able to open 2+ barrels/crates that I come across, or should I really be gunning for the blood shop kill each time?
>>
File: kem.png (3KB, 384x253px) Image search: [Google]
kem.png
3KB, 384x253px
>>175825216
>>
>>175827515
IT'S [CURRENT YEAR] THERE SHOULD AT THE VERY LEAST BE A "SAVE YOUR PROGRESS BEFORE YOU QUIT" PROMPT.

I think I'd honestly have trouble trying to think of a game that DIDN'T have a "you'll lose progress if you don't save" prompt in the past age.

>>175826652
All zones is just play the game, though getting a blood weapon will help yea.
>>
File: 1444794381333.png (227KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
1444794381333.png
227KB, 534x486px
>>175827734
Well now you know and you'll never make that mistake again

Honestly I'm not sure how anyone could go through 10 hours of something and not smash that motherfuckin save button at least once, if only to have multiple save files or something
>>
>>175826652
>kill and rob the blood shop owner
I don' seem much of a point in doing that. The only thing you are going to buy from him is either a good gold weapon which more than makes up for 1-1.5 health or food that heals for more than it costs.

You should always kill the food shopkeeper though, gluttony charm is just too good to pass on.

Spare the bombs for later. Finding a potion room with no bombs sucks.
>>
>>175827927
I don't think the game has multiple save files, plus almost everything nowadays has auto-save or at least the prompt, including all the souls games.
>>
>>175828025
Does it have a quick save button? I usually always press that in games because to be honest I don't trust auto-saves and I've been fucked over too many times in other games (and other parts of life like school papers and work shit) to not manually save everything every 3 minutes
>>
>>175828228
As far as I know the only way to save is to hit esc, hit save game, and confirm.

The leviathan actually scared me quite a bit so I probably wasn't thinking very straight.
>>
donk
>>
>>175826652
At least with the main character girl, I never robbed the shop and was able to beat the all-floors game just fine.
>>
>>175828025
>plus almost everything nowadays has auto-save or at least the prompt
Except Nier : Automata.
>>
File: 10010100110.jpg (766KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
10010100110.jpg
766KB, 1000x1000px
>>175831583
Only losers rob the shop.
>>
>>175810719
>Whenever a boss is beaten, game has 1 in a million RNG chance to start run-ending cutscene where Isaac's imagination is interrupted by police breaking down the door, arresting Mom for child abuse and rescuing Isaac from his daily torment
>Seeing it gives you an achievement :^)
>>
File: Unexpected Kerning.png (351KB, 1134x376px) Image search: [Google]
Unexpected Kerning.png
351KB, 1134x376px
>>175827515
Kerning is best board mascot
>>
>>175825216
Kill yourself, frogposter.
>>
>Rimworld
>Duster
>Keeps Warm
>Alpaca Wool −43.5°C
>Keeps Cool
>Alpaca Wool +51°C

I thought that wool would keep it warm, not help with the insulation.
>>
>>175804675
Ah yeah that makes sense actually.
>>
>>175835963
Insulation is just a reduction of heat transfer. If you insulate something cool it's going to stay cool.
>>
>>175837002
Mmm... Makes sense. I suppose.

I should have a talk with someone who lives in a warm country.
>>
File: H E L P.jpg (170KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
H E L P.jpg
170KB, 640x480px
>>
>>175838936
What do you need help with?
>>
>>175839685
Getting a good metroid fangame for PC to compensate for the 3DS having no metroid game.
>>
>>175839856
I'd say Kreisreise, but it's a mixed bag at most.
>>
>>175839856
ESA
maybe Somewhere Out There
>>
>>175839856
Another Metroid 2 Remake.
It's so good Nintedo tried to sue them.
>>
>>175839856
Wouldn't it be really awkward to play with the analog/pad mutant thing?
>>
>>175840458
Quality has nothing to due with sueing. It is all about how big it is. Whn you spread awreness you also force companies to take a step to protect their valuable ips.
Do your own fucking ip and copyright games holy shit I hate you dumb autists with talent so much
>>
>>175840974
yeah how dare people do what they like
>>
>>175840974
>literally free publicity
>>
>>175842876

I don't know the exact rules, but I remember this coming up when (I think) someone had to put an end to an effort to translate his webcomic because if he doesn't protect his copyright, he loses it. It's probably the same with these vidya companies.

What people should do is work on this stuff in secret and then release it when it's done. Even if they C+D you, the game is already out on the internet for people to reupload.
>>
>>175822609
>>175822964
>>175823518
well... actually... these are just aesthetic
I even had some stopped wagons as props before (some previous pics), but they stopped working
one thing I did do though, is have the line one way so that incoming trains don't block leaving trains
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1776x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1776x1000px
I somehow lost 7 hours of Subnautica play time on steam.

I don't even know that was possible. Though I would like to remove some play time from some idle game I played for like a day.
>>
>>175837002
>>175837081
not ***really*** how it works afaik... (from someone who lives in hot country, but not desert country)
the tendency is that some natural fibers work much better at letting the body breath, and the duster serves like that to give more breathing room for ya
in really hot and dry places (aka desert) its best to keep full clothing than none, firstly because of sunburn, second because it will keep sweat from drying and thus help with dehydration
>>
>>175843178
Or even better just make your own stuff. This way no one can take your work down and you can profit off your own work.
Of course most of those people know deep down that no one cares about their amateur work without leeching off big success but it is a shame for the few folks that shocase real talent but let it go to waste.
>>
>>175844961
Game mechanics often differ from reality.
>>
>>175844961
>in really hot and dry places (aka desert) its best to keep full clothing than none, firstly because of sunburn, second because it will keep sweat from drying and thus help with dehydration
Wait, so I'm NOT supposed to get naked when it's hot?
>>
>>175848261
in deserts? Say hello to sunburns and dehydration.

in tropics? Say hello to cuts, scratches, and infections. The high humidity means that the air won't necessarily cool you down.
>>
>>175848261
If it's extremaly hot? No.

It's pretty logical- if the temperature outside is higher than that of your own body, it's better to insulate yourself from the enviroment. You're in fact better off with heavy, thick clothing that keeps the outside temperautre away. Protection from sunburns is a nice bonus.

Of course heavy insulating clothing like that is going to make you unable to remove heat from your body, but it's preferable if the outside is even hotter.
>>
>>175848951
God dammit, I would fucking die if I was abducted and thrown in the desert.

>>175849045
Never had to face "extremely hot" weather. I'm curious because my usual course of action is :
>is it cold?
>then put on some more clothes
>is it hot?
>then remove some more clothes
Since I live in a mostly cold clothes, that usually works enough, but things have been warming up recently. Plus I'm just curious.

At least it explains why the bedouins living in the desert never show their skin.
>>
>>175840458
>>175840974
>>175842606
>>175842876
>>175843178
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvM6Mg0VtO0
>>
>>175849383
I remember that Chapter Master fangame and how it died.

Always bet on Duke.
Fuck Games Workshop.
>>
>>175843178
>if he doesn't protect his copyright, he loses it
Thats the excuse given by all apologists. It has no basis in reality, no court in any country would ever revoke copyright because of inactivity against some fan project
>>
>>175849383
>offtopic the musical
Fuck off
>>
>>175849746
>no court in any country would ever revoke copyright because of inactivity against some fan project
But that's flat out wrong.
>>
>>175849746
After 100 years, it falls into public domain.

Finally found that fucking song I was looking for years was YMCA by the village people.
>>
File: 1487338012550.jpg (29KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1487338012550.jpg
29KB, 960x540px
>>175825216
same
RIP in Peace Sealab
>>
>>175835798
Why is it harassing that poor girl?
>>
>>175804546
What melee enemy wont just spit acid or something in your face
>>
>>175849961
Earlier in my play time I thought about playing survival after I understood the game some, but honestly I don't think I will, it seems kind of pointless.

You can just rush to the first precursor area and teleport to the floating island but it doesn't seem that great.
I don't know how fast hunger and thirst degrade though, maybe it's not that bad.
>>
>>175849331
Well in reality heat is nothing more than energy flowing from one body to another spontaneously trying ot even out the temperature difference.

Usually the enviroment is cooler than your body temperature, even if you feel like it's "hot". It's simply not cool enough for your body to transfer all the excess heat you are producing away. So in that case getting rid of clothing is going to make it easier to get rid of that heat. Sunburns are another matter.

Once the enviroment temperature is higher than that of your body the game changes for the worse- not only is your body unable to get rid of excess heat it's producing, it's also getting invaded by excess heat from all around you. In that case clothing is actually protecting you from absorbing even more heat.

>At least it explains why the bedouins living in the desert never show their skin.
Another reason is that while deserts can be extremaly hot at day, they can be also extremaly cold at night. Not necessarily but it happens.

This is because dry air with little humidity is going to cool off rather quickly once the sun is down.
>>
>>175851371
I suddenly start to understand the plight of the Fremens.
>>
>>175851371
Is that why clothes designed for warm environnements are loose compared to clothes designed for cold environnement?
>>
>>175850117
Most melee enemies in Underrail that are actually dangerous deal mostly mechanical damage.

Carnifex, cutthroats, sledge/unarmed users, critters, even mutants deal mostly mechanical once they are done spitting.

That said riot gear is terrible, the numbers are just bad. CAU riot gear is an exception because it has really great acid/bio resists that you can't achieve with crafting on top of decent enough mechanical DR/DT and lowish armor penalty.
>>
>>175852114
Well yeah. As long as the environment is hot but not hotter than your body, you benefit from loose clothing because it allows your body to get rid of heat more easily.

Once the enviroment is hotter than your body or so cold you don't want to get rid of any heat, you are better of with thick, tight clothing that insulates you from the enviroment and reduces the heat transfer.
>>
>>175852527
Neat.
>>
>>175849961
>RIP in Peace
duh....
>>175850297
you were playing creative? dah fuck, stop cheating already

>>175849948
>After 100 years, it falls into public domain.
first it was about 5 years, now its fucking more than the creator will ever possibly live

>>175851371
>This is because dry air with little humidity is going to cool off rather quickly once the sun is down.
almost correct, the big difference here is that dirty and sand transfer heat faster than other things (rock, trees, water), so it gets colder or hotter much easier, (it does also depend on humidity)
>>
>>175856526
Then we just have to kill everyone who worked on Other M.
>>
>>175856526
>almost correct, the big difference here is that dirty and sand transfer heat faster than other things (rock, trees, water), so it gets colder or hotter much easier, (it does also depend on humidity)
While true It's the air that is a deciding factor here. Sand being a good heat conductor wouldn't be a factor if the air had high humidity. Tropical beaches don't get nearly as cold at night.
>>
Expedition when?
>>
>>175859848
Probably this year, most likely this decade, almost surely in your lifetime.
>>
>>175856984
>Tropical beaches don't get nearly as cold at night
they do, but of course beaches spam at most meters across sea and something else, deserts stretch for kilometers (lots of them too)
>>
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-9
>Candle already in a bundle
I guess it did not do too well.
>>
>>175824570
>>175824482
>>175824298
tl;dr

A troll wouldn't bother writing so much, so this has to be a dumb zoner. You probably don't even realize that resistance and threshold are not cumulative. Otherwise you wouldn't be comparing resist/hp armor with threshold armor built from shit parts.
>>
>>175856526
>you were playing creative? dah fuck, stop cheating already
No I was playing freedom.
>>
Are there any decent indie singleplayer FPS?
>>
File: Riot shit.png (202KB, 461x667px) Image search: [Google]
Riot shit.png
202KB, 461x667px
>>175864595
>You probably don't even realize that resistance and threshold are not cumulative
No shit. How does this matter in the slightest?

Resistance will be used in most cases. Only tactical vests can stack DT high enough to use it instead of DR against any serious damage and only against bullets.

200% increase in DT is a lot, that's why tac vests work. 75% riot gear has against melee is not.

>Otherwise you wouldn't be comparing resist/hp armor with threshold armor

>riot gear
>threshold armor
The melee bonus applies to both DT and DR.
As I said before DR will be used in most cases because 75% increase in DT is fucking nothing.

The 100% DT bonus against bullets is so small it might as well not exist, especially considering energy shields exist.

>shit parts
Pic related is made from 150 quality super steel sheet and 150 quality sturdy vest.

22%/15, 38%/26 against melee, 46%/31 aganist knives, 22%/30 against bullets.

Your "threshold armor" has fucking 26 DT against melee and 31 DT aganist knives total by the end of the game.

What the fuck do you expect to stop with it, a spawn? Or maybe low level stalkers in under-passages?

Are you seriously trying to tell me you would take 26 DT rather than 61% DR against Carnifex or any other melee enemy that can deal enough damage to be an actual threat? How many layers of delusion are you currently on?

Stacking DT on riot gears is completly pointless, it only gimps them even more.

They're shit, deal with it.
>>
>>175866230
though i'm debating whether to just start a new game or go to the 10 hour-down save file and just cheat my way back to where I was.
>>
>>175867086
>indie
>decent
>FPS
>singleplayer
The only FPS that I know that are indie are still in Early Access, and therefore meh.

There's Ziggurat, but I don't know if it's decent, there's little to no story.
>>
>>175867425
I dunno why it's so hard. Couple guns, few levels, rudimentary AI, £5, job done. It's like people only want to make either gameplay-free walking sims or go straight to procedural roguelike survival crafting sims, fuck.

I'm looking forward to DUSK, but that's ages away.
>>
>>175867981
Well, I have two FPS that don't contain crafting, but at still about procedural with random drops : Tower Of Gun and Ziggurat.
I don't really like Tower Of Guns because you mostly fight turrets and they tend to spawn all around you.
Ziggurat is a magical FPS who doesn't retain ToG's system of stacking abilities, but relies more on quickly switching between weapons. I liked it a bit more.

Sadly, both games have similar issues : unhelpful UI (you take hits and have no idea where they come from, Ziggurat even blurs your screen when you take damage), complete lack of atmosphere (you feel like you're just walking through a bunch of empty rooms), and randomness (ToG is a bit like Binding of Isaac to that regard, depending what you get, you'll have an easy time or you're going to suffer, Ziggurat is less annoying).

I've been hyped for Bunker Punks as it seems to mix Rogue Legacy's system of spending money to get passive bonuses with a regular FPS, but it's still in EA and there's nothing to say about it right now.

Otherwise, there's Paranautical Activity, but I heard so many bad things about it, be it the game or the developper.
>>
>>175868767
Spire looks like it could be good If it ever comes otu
>>
File: OFF Hint 1.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
OFF Hint 1.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
sometimes I worry that nothing is real and the only thing that's real is my Undertale waifus
>>
>>175868767
I generally can't be arsed with procedural stuff, even badly designed levels are more rewarding to me than procedural ones. Maybe I haven't played the right procedural games. I liked Teleglitch.

How's Heavy Bullets?
>>
File: YN0001.png (1KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
YN0001.png
1KB, 640x480px
it is time

time for knife
>>
>>175871282
knife to see you again
>>
>>175867086
Wrack might have been good
>>
>>175850297
Survival isnt that hard and it gives a greater sense of immersion but the process of catching food and mining materials to sanitize water is just so annoying, and its a long while before you get things like the grav sphere to automate it.
>>
>>175869910
>tfw cheated on this
Maybe in a year or two Ill forget it and can replay OFF clean.
>>
>>175872212
what do you even use to get water? it's not chlorine is it?
>>
>>175867086
>decent indie singleplayer FPS
you guys fucking kidding me?
from my library alone:
> The long dark
> Dreadout
> everything Frictional Games
probably a lot of other ones too,
just because a game is good it doesn't make it not /indie/
>>
>>175869681
>>175870269
Now you're talking about stuff I haven't tried.

>>175872348
HAHA scrub

>>175873849
The Long Dark is more of a survival, I wouldn't really call that a FPS.
Isn't Dreadout that Malaysian ghost game?
>>
>>175874679
>Dreadout that Malaysian ghost game?
yep, literally indies...
>>
>>175873849
Read the post again dogg, I think you missed the

>FPS

part.

I loved Dreadout tho, looking forward to a sequel.
>>
>>175875235
But that's not a FPS.

>>175875402
I remember trying it after playing Alien Isolation.
It suffered from the comparaison.
>>
>>175874679
actually there is also a game called Kona,
which is on my wishlist and just noticed is on sale
looks like TLD copyout but could be interesting

>>175875402
>first person shooter,
unless you're realling nagging about the shooter part (like duke nuken), that also means a whole bunch first person adventure or exploration games
>>
>>175876130
Well yeah, FPS generally means at least some shooting. Pretty sure most would be disappointed if a game called itself an FPS but didn't have any S.
>>
File: Jammed.png (376KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jammed.png
376KB, 1920x1080px
>trick gun + silver bullets
>487.5% damage to jammed enemies
I thought praying at the altar at the start of a run was supposed to make the game harder, not easier.
>>
indie bump
>>
>>175881871
After the Empire, yay or nay?
>>
Livelock in a bundle for $4
>>
>>175882597
Looks good, I say yay
>>
>>175882790
Where?
>>
>>175883337
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-9
>>
How long until these threads are moved to /bant/?
>>
>>175882808
But beyond the look, is it fun?
>>
>>175885379
Why? Are we international?
>>
>>175885526
No but we're certainly dead.
>>
>>175887053
let's discuss something then
>kona on sale
yay or nay?
>>
>>175888061
It would help if we ironically were not talking about indies.

Because I don't know what Kona is.

>>175882597
But I do know that it's shit.
>>
>>175888061
Looks like The Long Dark?
Go for it if you like snowy landscapes and survival.
>>
File: Indie Game Genres.png (1MB, 1277x713px) Image search: [Google]
Indie Game Genres.png
1MB, 1277x713px
I'm so dad, /indie/I'm mad because all these indie devs use too many genre labels for their games when they got to learn to summarize. No, it's not important if your levels are randomly generated or not because the random generation isn't good

Tell me about character builds and real-time concepts. Do you think Freedom Planet became an /indie/ classic by having "randumb" levels? No, it stuck to its guns and had daring waifus and amazing soundtrack cliffs

Case closed, feel free to print out this posst and hang it up on your bathroom wall
>>
>>175890261
>I'm so dad
Congratulations.
>>
>>175890261
>I'm so dad
Hey, congratulations!
>>
>>175890261
>Devs can be stupid too
Who would've thought?
>>
>>175888205
> Kona
> http://store.steampowered.com/app/365160/Kona/
looks good and got good reviews, I'm just a bit wary of it being just a walking simulator
its relatively new too, so I just don't wether to wait for better prices or to try it now
>>
Fast RMX is so fun holy shit, I feel like Sonic on steroids
>>
File: 1491689380914.png (121KB, 1548x1468px) Image search: [Google]
1491689380914.png
121KB, 1548x1468px
>>175890261
>Hack n Slash ARPG
>its not a top down dungeon crawler
>>
>>175892837
Especially now that the bar to entry is essentially zilch.
>>
huh indies?
>>
>>175906425
indies, huh.
>>
>>175802814
God that game is an eyesore.

I haven't gotten anywhere yet but:
>red warrior blending in with rug in very first scene
>can't walk into an open tile... because there are dudes on patrol who are going to go there
>something awkward about the movement in general
reee
>>
Maybe someone in the RPG Maker space knows something but are there any indie games out there similar to Persona?
>>
>>175909474
seventh stand user is similar from what I've heard
>>
keep it chugging through the night

for my sisters to the east

and my brothers to the north
>>
The only defender of Yooka-Laylee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mGHeCAJOs
>>
File: tumblr_omeytzyt2c1tb8cbpo1_1280.jpg (585KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omeytzyt2c1tb8cbpo1_1280.jpg
585KB, 1280x1707px
>>175869910

>not having Darkest Dungeon waifus
>>
>>175916312
plague doctor is cuter than hellion
>>
File: tumblr_ooesdpv9Kv1wnzbazo2_1280.jpg (134KB, 750x1100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooesdpv9Kv1wnzbazo2_1280.jpg
134KB, 750x1100px
>>175918678

The only girls Meme Doctor is cuter than is Arbalest and Antiquarian
>>
File: CSH015.png (417KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CSH015.png
417KB, 1920x1080px
mostly Chrono Trigger comparisons don't do much for me, but this place reminds me of the mountainous areas of CT
>>
>>175919180
>literal photo
nice
>>
0-1: Game Dev
2-5: Card Night something something
6-9: Spellshart
>>
Can anyone upload just the image gallery from Kio's Adventure for me?

I'm a schmuck, i know.. But I dont really want to pay money for a shittily translated game just yet. So im watching someone else play it... And most of the horrible death scenes get censored (which ruins the experience imo).

I'm going to GLADLY buy the game when a better translation is released... But I'd just like to see the full images with the videos, yknow?

Many thanks in advance guys.
>>
>>175924375
Plus my laptop bluescreened earlier... So i cant access the game files even if i wanted to :')
>>
>>175916312
>being a retarded tripfag
>>
>>175919180
Dudes head looks like a rombo.
>>
File: 271820_20161128164837_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161128164837_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>175920814
Luck of the draw decided your fate.
It's time to duel!
>>175909474
RE:Kinder
>>
Is Victor Vran indie?
>>
>>175930527
It is if you want it to be.
>>
>>175930734
So how is it?
I heard it was filled with shitty le reddit maymay.
>>
>>175927279
Whoaaah that game actually has a card game in it. Never seen it. People always screenshot the silly VN stuff, never the *game*
>>
>>175931170
To be fair the dialogue is hilarious. And yes Card City Nights gameplay is the tripple triadlike card game.
>>
>>175927279
Oh. I had literally no clue what the card segment looked like lol.

It looks neater than I imagined.
>>
File: character_map.png (51KB, 1314x970px) Image search: [Google]
character_map.png
51KB, 1314x970px
Shit art for googum to bully me about.
>>
>>175931896
Oops. Wrong thread.
>>
>>175931896
Who are those chucklefucks next to the black man with a short fuse? The trigger twins or something?
>>
>>175932020
/indie/ is always the right thread.
>>
>>175932057
lol
>>
>>175931896
The base is good but here and there I spot some flaws in the visuals. The thin arms on some or the general mislenghtened limbs on others.
Generally a rather odd and unique style in a nice sense though.
>>
>>175933185
thank you for validating my existence
>>
>>175933252
The thing is I'm doing that LISA thing where like, each enemy is only ever seen once (aside from some special cases). Gotta churn through dudes pretty fast to make the game at a reasonable speed. On top of that fights will probably be pretty fast too.

But yeah, getting the anatomy right is killing me. Gotta work that out... I should perhaps actually read a book on it!

If you've got a moment, I'd love for you to shit on me about the exact problems you see.
>>
File: wood anatomy puppet.jpg (106KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wood anatomy puppet.jpg
106KB, 1000x1000px
>>175933893
A good training is to get such a puppet and just draw it from various angles in different light.
>>
>>175934136
Huh right, those. Will do. Thanks for the idea Anon.
>>
>>175934136
I never figured out how to use those things right. The puppet itself looks wrong to me, every time I use it I get worse results than if I were just relying on my sense of anatomy.
>>
>>175934954
Well it is a trainingtool. if you already have the skill or talent without it then it is of little use to you.
>>
>>175871282
>all she does is walk with it
>>
>>175870269
Heavy Bullets is okay-ish, I think it makes good use of it's design. It more or less revolves not about rng fucking you in the ass/giving you broken stuff, but learning how to play the game itself. It still has very little content like every other procgen FPS, though, there's little point in playing it after you've cleared it once.

Honestly I personally think most procgen FPS games aren't worth bothering with unless they're on sale because I can't squeeze more than a couple of hours in most cases.

>>175867086
>>175871864
Wrack isn't bad, although lot's of people hated it. It's an episodic game with only 1 episode and then devs moved on… It really plays like a demo, has little enemy variety and is pretty short (3 hours maybe). Bosses are nice though.

>>175873849
Nigga none of these games are FPS games. It's like calling something a puzzle game but then saying that it has no puzzles.
>>
>>175890261
I'm autistic about rogue-lites but too lazy to write a long post again, plus everyone already tired of me at this point probably
Just gonna say fuck rogue-lites and fuck lazy indie devs who use it as an excuse to make lazy games
>>
>>175938545
But what if I make a soulsclone with rogugelike elements in the spirit of zelda?
>>
File: 20170505164034_1.jpg (508KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170505164034_1.jpg
508KB, 1920x1080px
>Wah, there's a lynx tearing that expensive Yorkshire Terrier of me in little bits and I have a rifle in my hands!
>whatever should I do???
>pomf =3
And that's how I lost an expensive Terrier that I had high hopes on.
Funny, last time he survived three raiders, and right now, he just died pitifully.
>>
>>175939841
But what about the lynx and the noob rifleman
>>
>>175913923
tl;dw
>>
>>175940201
The rifleman ran away.

It was a hippie with a plasteel knife that fucked the lynx.
>>
>>175913923
>Banjo Kazooie was one of my favourite games
Closed the tab there.
>>
>>175913923
I didnt even remember the quiz and I first played the game in 2004 or 2005. I didn't even think of it until the shitty quiz in YookaLaylee. I remembered how I really hated it because the audio was broken on my N64 cable and half the quiz were audio based so it took me weeks to guess my way through.
Anyway being memorable for being shit is nothing to be admired. When I was a poor kid Id power through bad design because I only got one or two games a year. In Current Year I will immediately uninstall and cross it off my backlog.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
is this level 1, because i can't even beat this
>>
>>175945698
are you allowed to rotate sausages?
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>175945935
well after looking around i found an easy level

i have no idea
>>
>Have to leave the level without touching them again
nevermind still can't beat shit
>>
>>175945698
They're all the first level.
Make a column of Sausage and the answer will present itself.
>>175945935
I'm in the 3rd world now and I have yet to encounter such a mechanic.
This area is entirely focused on walking on sausages. Which is still easier than the Great Tower in world 2.
>>
>>175946553
i don't think i could do any of these
i didn't really expect to, but still
>>
>>175945698
Become the sausage.
>>
>>175945698
Bang your head against it for awhile and let your mind transform to adapt to the game's logic
>>
>>175948614
i just watched a walkthrough of the first world

i could have maybe figured out >>175945698 eventually but i knew from the start i wasn't going to get anywhere in the game, I just wanted to see if I could get any of them at all
>>
How do I git gud at AI War?
>>
File: same.png (20KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
same.png
20KB, 320x240px
what was his problem?
>>
>>175952737
Adapt to the system you want to attack.
If there's an Eye, don't attack in full force.
Also, Raid Starship is very good in slow mode, less so in normal and blitz gameplay.

Otherwise, it's mostly about having a solid core of units, using whatever has the best multiplier, and not getting bored.
>>
>>175939841
its pretty cool considering the game keeps track of those important events, and to put it onto art like that
what other kinds of events can you get?
>>
>>175953454
A typical coolkid edgelord with a troubled past that all the girls fall for.
I think all the bad ends revolve around him.
>>
>>175953807
Well, I got researches being over (she basically made a wood sculpture about her discovering passive coolers), someone dying, people fighting over insults, and apparently, if you get wasted, it can be turned into a piece of art.
>>
>>175953675
Holy shit i have so much to learn
>>
>>175957093
And you're in luck, the game was made easier.
Turrets' caps were galaxy wide before. Now it's planet-wise, so you can have a shitload of turrets in every system.
>>
>>175957519
So spamming turrets should always be your opener while you scout?
>>
>>175958161
Well, my build order is something like :
>start
>build 5 tier 2 science station
>Alt+click them
>pick the "auto gather science"
>while they gather science, make ten scout
>send them around per group of two (later, you'll have to send them all because most of them will get destroyed immediately)
>move to the system you want to invade
>look for special structures, fortresses, AI Eyes and Special Forces outpost
>max out on fight, missiles frigates, and bombers
>put them all in one group
>move them to another system
>G+right click to an empty spot (as in : out of range from turrets)
>let the enemies ships get to them and get destroyed
>once there are no more ships, stop destroying the structures until the local door is exposed, then take over the system

I also always go for :
>T3 engineers (they're very good on the offensive because they teleport, so they can keep your starships alive)
>T2 riot ships (they're really good at neutering enemy ships since they damage the engines)
>battle transport (since later system have turrets next to the wormholes, meaning your ships get sniped, not to mention the transports are faster, just remember to build more than you need)

For attrition, Neinzul Ships are OP : they constantly spawn trash-tier little younglings. On their own, they're shit, but they come out really often and are good at wearing down the enemy defense.
>>
File: 20161217225248_1.jpg (533KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161217225248_1.jpg
533KB, 1920x1080px
>>175958161
Usually, you should only start using turrets if you have a wormhole leading to a hostile world, and that your army is busy elsewhere.

Also, you can put a shield over a wormhole : the enemy can still come from here, and can't retreat through the wormhole until they destroyed it.

Also, grapple turrets are good for delaying attacks, breaking down one huge attack into two smaller waves.

Also, the commands.
V+right click so that your units act by themselves (combat ships will attack everything in the system, builders will repair on sight).
G+right click so that everyone stay together instead of having your fighter leaving the frigates in the dust.
Shift+left click to keep placing blueprints.
Shift+Ctrl+left click to keep playing ten blueprints.
Alt+Right Click for various commands, from shortcuts about the units's stats to giving orders to science lab, or to build turrets into a line (or several) like in pic related.
Also, build two or three barracks to keep your armies are maximum cap.
Upgrading a ship doesn't mean all your mk1 ships are upgraded into mk2, it means you unlock a new stack of mk2 ships that can add to your existing mk1 stack.
Put your barracks on repeat orders to make sure to always have fresh ships.
>>
>>175958161
Oh, and also, something midly important : do no build shields over your turrets.
I don't remember the exact bonus (plus things change very quickly in Ai War), but a turret or a fortress build under a shield does -75% damage.
>>
>>175960251
Can you set engineers to auto-rebuild minefields?
>>
>>175960775
No, you have (had?) rebuilders that do that. They also rebuilt turrets.
>>
File: kon okay.png (228KB, 345x283px) Image search: [Google]
kon okay.png
228KB, 345x283px
>>175913923
i really wish YL was a good game........
>>
>>175960974
Snakepass is the true successor to the banjo collectathons.
>>
File: 1458475987434.jpg (47KB, 606x712px) Image search: [Google]
1458475987434.jpg
47KB, 606x712px
>>175960974
I wish there was more good western VN. It's a format I really like but most of them are bad.

And I have never found a good horror one.
>>
>>175960947
Gotcha. So how do I know which planets to take, and how do I bypass hostile planets which are in between me and planets I want to take?
>>
File: IMG_3393.jpg (443KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3393.jpg
443KB, 1936x1936px
>>175962216
I want a hybrid vn/tactics game, but one that's not shit like whatever that space mecha one was

Star something? Pic related when she sees your dick
>>
>>175962216
http://store.steampowered.com/app/321060/
Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme is ironically great with how bad the art is and how absurd the plot becomes.
>>
>>175962296
>So how do I know which planets to take
First, well, you check if they're in your way.
Otherwise, look for ressources, advanced factories, or neutral buildings that you can use.

>and how do I bypass hostile planets which are in between me and planets I want to take?
You cannot. You need the science to keep up with the AI progress (or just to unlock new toys), and you get 3 000 science per system that you capture (assuming you told your science stations to move). Destroying everything in your path is the way to go, but sometimes you can get away by neutering a system : destroying the warp gate but leaving the main station or whatever it was named alone.

It's been long since I played it, I don't even remember all the names.

>>175962481
What, you mean sunlight something? I think I know what you're talking about. It was free but the rest of the serie wasn't.
Mask of something something. Can't remember it.
>>
>>175962481
Ha, maybe I found it : Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius ?
>>
>>175963119
Yeah haha, you got it. Man, both the vn and tactics sections were mediocre but together they were fun.
>>175962913
Ahhhh ok I gotcha. So scouting is just as critical as I thought it was. How do you beat those goddamn ion cannon systems?
>>
>>175964194
>Yeah haha, you got it. Man, both the vn and tactics sections were mediocre but together they were fun.
I dunno, I only played it quickly on my toaster while trying to fight off a depression. I don't remember much about it.
I think it was still better than Sid Meier's Starships.

>So scouting is just as critical as I thought it was. How do you beat those goddamn ion cannon systems?
Scouting tells you exactly how many enemies there are on a planet, so it's very important, especially if there are hidden ship.
What's the exact name of the ion cannons? I'll check real quick.
>>
I can't get over my pawns' stupidity in Rimworld.
>>
File: 1491839613693.jpg (35KB, 583x439px) Image search: [Google]
1491839613693.jpg
35KB, 583x439px
What game is this from?
>>
File: 1464882711031.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464882711031.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>175937595
I was looking forward to Strafe but all footage of it just looks so boring. Many indie FPS make me think that I should save my money and keep playing modded Doom.
>>
>>175971342
That's real life, anon.
>>
>>175972339
>shock rifle from Unreal Tournement 2004
>cacodemons and Cyberdemon
Please tell me it's not that "Strafe" game you're talking about.
>>
Located superior sausage game:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/605520/

>Cheerful and hardcore ranner. You play for crackheaded sausage which wants to survive and not to get in hotdog. Set of obstacles and enemies. Different types of the equipment. Gravitation, and also a jet satchel, will help you to play a game and to get invaluable experience. Manual posing, unforgettable music and a set of levels - will brighten up your time.
>>
>>175973290
Why does Stephen even try?
>>
>>175972572
This is Strafe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo2DJ9iwFIs
Webm is project msx
>>
>>175974370
>http://store.steampowered.com/app/605520/
looks real cool
>>
>>175972572
That's modded DooM obviously

I'm honestly on edge about Strafe mostly because of it's marketing
It's been marketed as HARDCORE OLD SCHOOL SHOOTING GAME LIKE DOOM (except that it looks like Quake) BUT ALSO A ROGUELIKE
First 20 minutes of gameplay in most cases player is pitted against same zombie-like type of enemy: some ogre-looknig mooks with crowbars that have only melee attack and they just run towards you, but honestly that looks incredibly boring
And it's nearly impossible to find any decent info on it because videos and steam forums are full of people who jerk each other off "Oooh this is so old school! So hardcore!"
>>
>>175975924
>HARDCORE OLD SCHOOL SHOOTING GAME LIKE DOOM (except that it looks like Quake) BUT ALSO A ROGUELIKE
Let me translate.

"It's a game where every floor is randomly generated, once you die once, your save is deleted, all the hitbox are flawed, and if you complain, all our fans will tell you to git gud".
>>
File: robot.png (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
robot.png
195KB, 1920x1080px
This run is going pretty well, I guess.
>>
>>175977061
>Playing robot
>Went to the abbey
did you want to die?
>>
>>175976447
Honestly I fucking hate the fanbase already

Question on Steam forums:
>how does this compare to brutal doom or the doom 64 remake?
>Also any chance of co-op down the line from this dev?

Reply:
>They both represent the alarmist delusions and lies spread by the mainstream media during the 90's. The whole point of these games (art-wise) is to show how tame 90's videogame violence was compared to today. They are literally caricatures of the feared "murder simulators" every housewife in America thought trained school shooters and serial killers.
>Another trait they share is the nostalgia of DOS/95/98 PC gaming of 20 years ago. It was a simpler time, where you had to configure the game settings before launch using very basic or nonexistant GUI, and your computer monitor could crush a man's skull if dropped from a hight of more then 5 feet. It was an era where incomplete games didn't get released, but game updates were almost non-existant or maybe a single large patch file released sometimes years after launch.
>Also, you can turn monsters into jam and spread it on the walls like Satan's favorite toast.
>>
>>175978002
What the fuck.
I wish I had a really fun reply to this, but all I can say is "What the fuck".

It's as stupid as that mini-controversy on Hyperdimension Neptunia because there's an effeminate characters and landwhales convinced themselves he was a transexual (despite him calling himself "a boy with a romantic heart").
>>
>>175973290
it's just fucking geometry dash: sausage edition
>>
>>175971342
The text box is from LISA at least
>>
>>175978002
>Steam forums
It's like that for every game tbqhwyf
>>
>>175587467
Hamburgerman RPG

https://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5786&highlight=hamburgerman
>>
File: robot2.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
robot2.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
It looks like things turned out fine after all.
>>
File: 20170506013434_1.jpg (363KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170506013434_1.jpg
363KB, 1920x1080px
Is researching Smithing okay, or should I make pemmicans first and then trade for medicines and weapons rather than crafting them?
>>
>>175981395
how much health did you have going into old king?
>>
there can't be this many people familiar with the OHRRPGCE roster
>>
>>175978002
That reads like a response from the dev, not a fan
>>
>>175983292
About half as much. I figured it didn't really matter how much damage I took on the boss since the two gunknight pieces would heal me anyway, and scrambler + backup gun + potion made the fight a breeze. Getting mega douser and SHW on the mines were just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>175978425
>mini-controversy on Hyperdimension Neptunia
You gotta be shitting me, what character?
>>
>>175984483
Anonydeath in Rebirth 3.
He's an effeminate man in a robot suit (which is pretty manly), with a raging boner for Noire (a girl), so he's definitely straight. Perhaps the straightest character in the franchise.
Yet someone decided he was a tranny.
>>
>>175984956
Holy shit I was looking at some of his dialogues, he's literally a mix of /a/ and /b/. Trannies are so fucking delusional
>>
Are any of the Neptunia games good? I played a couple of the early ones and they came off as "meme games" before I even knew what meme games were
>>
>>175986653
they seem like ok, if weeb, rpgs
>>
>>175986653
>Are any of the Neptunia games good?

No.

People only like them for their moe anime waifus, but if you aren't interested in falling in love with a retarded anime woobie, then pass them up and find something else
>>
>>175986653
Apparently the Victory games are better but the first two or three whatever are terrible trash.
>>
>>175986653
They started as VN with a few RPG mixed in.
They're slowly getting better, with the last one, Megadimenion V-2 being the best, but they're still low-tier RPGs.
You clearly don't play them for the gameplay or the universe. You play them for the cute girls.
>>
>>175987770
i'll pass then. I give no fucks about cute girls.I can't even play Atelier because all the girls bug me
>>
>>175987907
Yeah, don't even try Neptunia. It's 99% girls. I think I can count all the male characters on one hand.
And we're talking of 7 main games (counting the remakes), and 4, maybe 5 spin-offs.
>>
>>175988156
i can imagine.

It's not that I hate playing games with girls in it, it's just i hate that Japanese thing of pandering with anime girls. I don't know why. I just can't like anything like that
>>
File: 20170506025807_1.jpg (401KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170506025807_1.jpg
401KB, 1920x1080px
Yeah, go fucking die in the snow, you piece of shit.

I could've used a crafter, but noo, that faggot got saved, didn't even thank me, and just fucked off.
That moron probably died instantly after leaving the map.
>>
>>175988694
I'm a fan of the serie, but honestly, you'll hate it. The writing isn't stellar, there's next to no character developement (and even so, it seems to move back and forth, with one game focusing on a crybaby growing the fuck up, only to become a crybaby again in the next game), characters disappear between the game (one game introduced the Oracles and the Mascots who were super powerful and super relevant, they're never seen again and only get a "yeah she resigned" explanation two games later), the villains have almost no motivations (most of them are just evil for the sake of being evil), most of the characters are merely defined by one trait of them that get exagerrated (Neptune is a mememaster, Noire a tsundere, Blanc has no boobs and get mental when they're mentioned, Vert has boobs but wishes she had a sister), and despite the game explaining you that you play as a goddess tasked with protecting a town from the monsters, most of the interactions you see take place inside the party or with the enemies, there are very few interactions with people that are neutrals.
And also, most of the navigation is done through menus, you don't get to walk around in a city.

But the combats themselves are a fucking joke : there's little to no strategy. It's all about outliving the enemy and hoping they won't do that huge damaging attack twice in a row.
Bosses don't react to your attacks like they would do in Persona (like "if you try that insta death attack on me, I'll fuck you up"), their AI is completely random.

There's only the last game, V-2 (or VII) that tries to fix that by giving parts to the enemies that you can break by attacking them from the side or from behind.
The only quirky boss in the entire franchise is Affimojas, whose cape makes him invulnerable to physical attack (and he tells you it makes him invulnerable, twice). Either you destroy the cape, or use magic to fuck his day.
>>
>>175988694
The games are also famous for fucking with your party, with the last one taking the cake : no less than four times, you start with a completely new party, forcing you to make a new stock of items.
Very often, the game removes characters, then add another later, and force you to use her against a boss.
And if that's not enough, the characters that aren't in your party don't level, so it's possible to be forced to use a level 30 character when everyone else is level 45.

And also, but that seem to get a little better with the later games, you have a lot of unwinnable battles. But really poorly designed one, so you're not sure if you're underlevelled or if you're meant to lose.
The last game "fixed" that, but having the unwinnable battle being really obvious (you deal 0 damage and they oneshot you).

So yeah, the gameplay really isn't the selling point. But I like playing these games anyway. It's like watching a developper slowly getting good at his job, as the games slowly get better.
But from an objective perspective, they're low-tier RPGs. Unless you really like the girls, you won't like the games.

In a way, the Neptunia games are kinda like OFF : there are battles, and they're really relevant to the story, but you can tell the devs haven't really tried to make them enjoyable.
>>
File: 1466446052962.jpg (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466446052962.jpg
110KB, 600x600px
>>175988694
And I just realized how negative I sound.
I just want to make it clear : if you're looking for a RPG, don't play Neptunia. If you want to watch cute girls doing cute things (while rarely spouting memes or making references to video games), go for it.
>>
What's the build order for Rimworld? I went for Smithing, but all my pawns have really shitty crafting and when I saw that I wasted my steel on an awful spear, I was livid.

And I can't recycle or deconstruct weapons either.
>>
>>175877249

Drop the silver bullets if you're upset.
>>
>>175990634
I don't even know what the current techtree looks like but you want either machining or gun turrets pretty damn fast, depending on whether you want to use turrets or pawns for defense.

Other important stuff includes faster research, comms, electric smelting, cremating, geothermal power and hospital everything.

Also stonecutting if that isn't unlocked by default, I don't remember. I guess all other noteworthy stuff is unlocked by default if you started with the default scenario.
>>
>>175987907
Maybe you should try Mana Khemia
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I could not beat the Great Tower, but I shall conquer you, Cold Gate.
>>
>>175991324
>cremating
Now you might be wondering why on earth I listed something like that as important.

The reason is simple. You WILL drown in corpses if you don't. Forget about graves as soon as you can, those are a newbie trap. Bury your own colonists if you care, but this isn't dorf fort.
>>
>>175992051
believe in the sasage
>>
>>175995124
I did it.
Now just 6 more Snow levels.
>>
>finally look up sausage roller gameplay
I have no idea what I was expecting, but holy shit.

>>175987770
>You clearly don't play them for the gameplay or the universe.
I'd love to if they didn't fucking reset shit and leave behind everything that happened in previous games.
>>
>>175996980
>gameplay
It's a puzzle game about cooking sausages twice the size of a person. What did you expect?
>>
>>175997408
Not the puzzles actually being good, from what I've seen anyway.
>>
Sausages!
>>
listen to s
>>
Death by meaty dongs.
>>
>>175988694
I recommend you not play ar tonelico, then. Really, gust is not the publisher for you. Mana Khemia and Atelier Iris 1/2 is the least pandering you're going to get.
>>
>>176000484
death by tower of dongs
>>
not on my watch
>>
>>176002401
it's page 10 and bump limit my dude, make a new thread.
>>
Baked new sausage.

>>176004850
>>176004850
>>176004850
Thread posts: 760
Thread images: 126

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.