[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 753
Thread images: 126

File: TIME TO RUN COWARDS.jpg (479KB, 1228x754px) Image search: [Google]
TIME TO RUN COWARDS.jpg
479KB, 1228x754px
Last thread: >>174766961

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in /vg/), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
http://pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
http://indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral
>>
>>175183129
I managed to find some code, but frankly, I doubt even I can rig them to do exactly what I want.
>>
>>175183465
Well, yeah. I hope you didn't expect game development to be clicking awesome buttons until you have a full game.
>>
who's everyone's favourite /indie/ e-celebs?
>>
>>175183534
I'm just noticing I had more fun creating stuff with Ren'Py than I have with RPGMaker.
And that's not even touching all the work needed to balance bosses, so far, I'm just playing with maps.

But I think I'm doing it wrong, I should have an idea of what I should do before I start clicking and typing.
>>
>>175183654
Well, creating VNs or RPGs sure is different business no matter what engine you're using.
>>
>>175183654
Whatcha making?
>>
>>175183918
I don't really know yet. Probably something edgy and chuuni. Once I understand what I can and what I can't do.

>>175183881
I mean in term of code. I have no clue about Python, yet I manage to understand maybe 25% of Ren'Py's code, just enough to rig it a bit (even if trying to add battles to it always fell short). With Rpgmaker, I may as well be staring at Chinese.
>>
How is Even the Ocean? I liked Anodyne's atmosphere and the gameplay was a fine-ish Zelda-clone.

Also, it overly SJW? I don't usually care, I liked Technobabylon, but it just looks obnoxious in Even the Ocean.
>>
>>175185065
It's a great game. No idea what retards mean when mumbling muh sjw
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1210x651px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1210x651px
De Blob just released on Steam.
Doubt it'll get a thread anywhere on here, so yeah.
$20, on a $15 sale.
>>
>>175187779
I think I played a freeware with a blob, several years ago.
>>
>>175187779
Does this add anything or is emulating with dolphin better?
>>
Someone complained about Rimworld not taking oxygen in consideration.

Does Dwarf Fortress have a moisture level?
>>
File: indie2017.png (2MB, 2048x1851px) Image search: [Google]
indie2017.png
2MB, 2048x1851px
>>175183331
>>
I finished Paradigm. Pretty good.
>>
>>175185065
I've cooled down a lot from when I first beat Even the Ocean but I still like it. The game is very compartmentalized in that you pass through narrative/adventure/platforming sections with little bleedthrough.

As for the SJWness, there's lesbianism and characters look untraditional, but it doesn't come off as a big middle finger to whites/males/straights.

The atmosphere is weird in Even the Ocean but not dreamlike like Anodyne. It's quirky and always feels a bit off. The game's narrative is more serious and down to earth compared to Anodyne and there's an air of melancholy throughout.
>>
>>175191860
What did you like about it? Any memorable moments?
>>
>>175183553
Jordan Underneath introduced me to some pretty good Horror indies.
>>
>>175186861
>>175192015
What is the gameplay like? The trailer makes it look like it's just walking and talking to characters. Is there any real platforming, or puzzles or combat?
>>
>>175192965
Its puzzles and jumping. There are hazards but you can't really kill enemies, all obstacles are things you avoid, not defeat.
>>
File: No.jpg (89KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
89KB, 640x480px
Yeeep. You people weren't kidding when you were saying that the OFF fansequels are pretty bad.
>>
>>175192015
>The atmosphere is weird in Even the Ocean but not dreamlike like Anodyne. It's quirky and always feels a bit off.
Because it mimics our world so pricely.
>>175191582
Thank you. I wonder if trails in the sky qualifies as /indie/.
>>
>>175194167
TiTS has been discussed a few times. I'm just starting SC but I'm taking my sweet time with it.
>>
>>175194167
Valkyria Chronicles and the Ateliers are in the OP.
>>
>>175190781
Uh, yes? But Rimworld does NOT have a moisture level. If I recall correctly, it has a device that converts swamp terrain to dry ground. Actual moisture is not simulated in any way, there are no other interactions with it. Dwarf Fortress on the other hand has actual simulation powering similar terrain changes and relevant gameplay stuff. Also, rainfall/drainage are actual worldgen parameters.

Not to mention it also has multiple liquids with different pressure behaviors when in large 3D reservoirs and smaller amounts of liquids are tracked with insane detail.
The textbook example of the latter being
>booze is spilled in tavern
>cats walk around said tavern
>get booze on their paws
>clean their paws afterwards
>get drunk
>die from alcohol poisoning

PS. DF doesn't simulate atmospheric gases in any way either so it's not like Rimworld is worse for that. But such simulation would fit Rimworld's theme better and improve the game by providing additional optional challenges (embark on a planet with shitty atmosphere) and make optimal play less boring (undermountain bases should require air circulation or similar penalty for being the best-by-far option as far as game mechanics are concerned. Also, infestations inside them could be a potential danger if fires required oxygen or were otherwise harder to manage.)

PPS. The more I think about Rimworld/DF, the more absurd the comparison becomes. It's like weighing which is better, a 555 IC or x86 CPU.
>>
>>175194167
Trails isn't indie, but I guess its the obscure/misc part of /indie/ since its talked about here sometimes.
>>
>>175195182
>Rimworld does NOT have a moisture level
Yes, thank for confirming what I said.

But does Dwarf Fortress have moisture? Like, can your stores get fucked (mold) if there's too much water near it?
>>
>>175183553
Saint
Magicdweedoo
Selfish Dream
>>
>>175196037
Pardon me, I thought you were talking about terrain moisture level since that's somewhat relevant to both games.

No, there's no mold in DF. The only uncontrollable spores it has are for underground flora and their behavior is very simple, not simulationist.
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>175195569
Yeah it is sadly very obscure.
>>
>>175196974
Moisture in relevant in Rimworld? I know the ground being fertile has an influence on your crops, but moisture?

I also remember you're supposed to water your crop in Dwarf Fortress. First and last time I tried that game, I accidentally pierced a river and everyone drowned. And then they were eaten by carps.
>>
File: 1489471409639.png (872KB, 740x718px) Image search: [Google]
1489471409639.png
872KB, 740x718px
>>175197229
>You find the greatest treasure of all: friendship.
>>
>>175197461
Yeah, Rimworld has moisture pumps. You can slowly turn swamp and shallow water tiles into dry ground.
>>
>>175197647
Oh? Neat.

I'm a little annoyed there's no way to train your settlers. Kenshi had training dummies to slowly raise your skills. And I could really use medicinal herbs.
>>
>>175197229
What with that sassy chest?
I just got Phantom Brave but Trails in the Sky sounds pretty fun.

Phantom Brave kinda scares me, there are so many ways to fuck up.
>>
>>175198383
Every chest you open you can talk to again and get such lines in there.
>>
Indies never die!
>>
>>175200996
There's a bunch of indie games that have died.
>>
>>175060676
honestly i just can't get into aquaria
i got as far as the three ghosts fight and just stopped playing
>>
>>175202397
I am trying to remember where the 3 ghosts fight was. Could be right before the boss.
>>
Are any of the Spectrobes games obscure enough to be here? I think since I got it years ago, I have encountered one person on /v/ who'd also played Beyond the Portals, and nobody in real life who even recognised the series name.
>>
>>175204969
Yeah you could also try /jrpg/
>>
>>175205227
/jrpg/ doesn't exist anymore I thought
>>
>>175205536
Oh my bad. I guess such a drama shitshow could not survive forever.
>>
File: jrpg_general.jpg (318KB, 1034x900px) Image search: [Google]
jrpg_general.jpg
318KB, 1034x900px
>>175206119
Sad because I was around for the first /jrpg/ generals 5 years ago and it was a top thread
>>
>>175206294
>no Terranigma and Live-A-Live
/vr/ is nice if you have old enough jrpgs you want to talk about.
>>
>>175198383
Among the NIS srpgs, Phantom Brave is indeed the easiest to fuckup despite being one of the most lighthearted ones.

You need a solid build plan or your average strength just starts to fall off. Raw levels don't do much without good abilities, aptitudes, title stats, etc.

I don't have much to tell you without knowing your specific situation, but: do NOT power up a single weapon to godlike levels and just juggle it between party members. Some enemies learn to steal weapons, and default titles are HORRIBLE at steal resistance. Those chucklefucks are gonna mug Ash and beat him with his own weapon.
>>
File: Oh.png (61KB, 168x326px) Image search: [Google]
Oh.png
61KB, 168x326px
>>175205227
Now I've said that, I realise I literally have nothing to post about it.
I mean, I played it for so long that I did pretty much everything worth talking about, and the old DS lite has a mark in the middle of the touchscreen where I mined so many minerals the top layer wore out. The playfile had at least 500 hours.
It's alright I guess.
>>
>>175206626
W-well... So far, I'm trying to level up all my character, including the happy Jew, but it's becoming quite a chore to redo the same map all over.

And I honestly have no idea if I'm supposed to give equipement to my units or no.
Since I infuse spirits into stuff, does that can I can craft or buy a supra haxx0r super sword or death, give it to a phantom, summon that phantom, have him drop his sword, and then summon another phantom in that sword?
I'd rather just pick "TEAR A FUCKING PINE OFF THE GROUND AND BEAT MOTHERFUCKERS TO DEATH WITH IT", the insanity of that option always makes me giggle.
>>
File: memeoca 2.png (62KB, 377x347px) Image search: [Google]
memeoca 2.png
62KB, 377x347px
>>175206721
>old DS lite has a mark in the middle of the touchscreen where I mined so many minerals the top layer wore ou
That is hilarious.
>>
>>175203257
it was in mithalas cathedral, apparently
three priests, it was a boss
>>
>>175206947
Ah that one. It's right before the beast and then the deep deep sea shit starts.
>>
File: 1330494291051.jpg (675KB, 1025x800px) Image search: [Google]
1330494291051.jpg
675KB, 1025x800px
>>175206397
I recall back then there were complaints about the representation in that image even, but we did talk about those games too obviously.
>>
/v/ doesn't want to talk about this game
I'm sure you guys are tired of retro platformers clones but video games are a hobby I've mostly picked up on recent years so Sparkster is like my first Megaman or Sonic and it feels amazing because of that.
>>
>>175207518
Someone posted his review of this in the last thread. Seems fun but with technical issues.
Play Fredom Planet too
>>
>>175207518
>Sparkster
That's a different guy whose games you should also give a go
>>
>>175207741
Thought I was the one making a mistake.

That game was good, by the way, even if the robot part was annoying.
>>
>>175206839
>but it's becoming quite a chore to redo the same map all over.
that's standard for NIS titles: they have refined grinding to a razor edge. There will always be a more efficient method to powerlevel, and doing any half-decent powerlevelling method turns the main story into an easymodo joke.

You will generally be able to get through main story doing whatever, but it quickly stops working in postgame.

>and then summon another phantom in that sword?
yes, but:
>you don't get to loot the random items on the map if you do that
>that is most useful when there isn't many things on the map to confine stuff to begin with
>Confining phantoms into haxx0r weapons only powers them up if the aptitude of the weapon is high. And it starts to get preeeeetty costly to increase aptitude.

>spoiler
you will be limited in 2 ways if you do that: abilities and weapon stats.

The only abilities you can level will be your character's innate abilities. The rest will be the default ones on the weapons, since you need to level up or spend mana to learn the later tier abilities on a weapon.

Statwise: those weapons will be pretty low level and have (relatively)low aptitude.

in general:
>if you level up merchants and jew it up, you can buy an expensive high level weapon and brute force early game
>levelling healer doesn't do much
>level the mana girl, mana is your scarcest resource
>level the bottle dude, ability to keep items from the map is suuuuuper useful.
>phantom brave is weird since abilities scale towards single stats. So grasses are actually OP since they turn SPD into the god stat: more speed means more damage AND you act faster to kill faster.
>>
>>175207613
I heard it doesn't run on w10 but what other issues does it have?
Also FP is already deep in my backlog

>>175207741
I heard about him, I will give him a try, I love mascot platformers either way.
>>
File: 1523656.png (164KB, 1920x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1523656.png
164KB, 1920x1035px
best girl
>>
>>175207979
>if you level up merchants and jew it up, you can buy an expensive high level weapon and brute force early game
>levelling healer doesn't do much
>level the mana girl, mana is your scarcest ressource
>level the bottle dude, ability to keep items from the map is suuuuuper useful.
Yeah, I wondered how the system to bring things home and recover mana worked exactly.

>>175208571
>not Licorice
Shit taste to be honest senpaitachi.
>>
>>175208641
bringing things home is reliant on only 2 things, I think: level of phantom, and what job the phantom is. The bottle is the best at it, and the low turn count and high SPD means it's about the only thing they can really do. It also makes them hard to levelup, though.

Mana is simple: kill thing, get mana. Getting a lot of mana is not simple. The only ways to increase mana gain efficiency is to exclusively use mana girls and fuse them into the unit you want to give them the mana, or learn the mana girl's innate skill, which itself costs millions of mana to give to other people.

titles and random dungeons(you'll get into those later) get SUPER complicated, and I don't blame you if you give up on that front.
>>
>>175209113
Frankly, that already sounds plenty complicated. Shit, if I'm going to play it, I'll have to figure out how the chain system work.
Like, do I get stuff by turning slaves into ghosts, or just the master?
>>
>>175209563
I don't know what you mean by chain

When a phantom disappears from the map due to turn count, they have a chance of keeping the item you confined them into.

That chance is the percentage you see when you hover over an item to confine someone into it.

What do you mean by slaves and masters?
>>
File: tegaki.png (13KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
13KB, 800x800px
>>175209782
What I mean is that some items are linked with effect, with a system that makes it that one item (the "master) gives a specific effect (like +50% XP or +50% armor) to all the items "slaves" that are linked to it, and therefore the ghost infused in said items.

I don't remember how the game calls them.
>>
File: 5.gif (133KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
133KB, 490x490px
hey /indies/ yesterday i asked about 'UnDungeon' but the post was relatively late and the responses seemed interessted so maybe i post again.

the trailer looked very promising imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GnALBvFKW0

it also got green light on steam
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840553603

devs about the game
>...There are some parallels with Souls-like games, however, when it comes to “spiritual” aspects, not the gameplay...
>...The fights resemble Hyper Light Drifter, Enter The Gungeon and EITR...
>...The artifact/skills system is quite similar to Transistor...
>...The general structure of the game reminds Space Rangers or Sunless Sea...

on kickstarter it looks like it'll ready to deliver in january 2018. im a bit hyped to be honest. anyone has any more infos? some insides?
>>
>>175210501
I like the look.
>>
>>175210175
oh right, Phantom Brave's version of geo effects.

Whatever is confined to an item receives whatever effects a "master" provides them for the duration that the "master" is not destroyed.

Those have nothing to do with stats or items you gain after the battle. They only affect combat within that map, nothing else.
>>
>>175210697
Ha.

So infusing a ghost in the master was counter-productive.
>>
>>175210778
not necessarily. If that phantom finishes his turn count and disappears, the "master" stops giving effects to the "slaves". This is sometimes important when monsters are receiving effects and the "master" is a tough rock or something.
>>
File: 5.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
4MB, 640x360px
does anyone here have played 'secret of grindea'?
since a lot of people here seem to enjoy 'stardew valley' including myself and i guess most are above 20 and/or have at least heard about or played 'secret of mana' it looks very very intersting.
i like the concept that the environment seems to have a big part in the gameplay and that it looks like it just plays like 'secret of mana' with a ton of other elements from well known and loved games. maybe a bit too much?
but it has still early acces which i normaly avoid.

any infos from people who played it? most reviews on steam have under 20h playtime which i think is a bit less compared to 'stardew valley'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDCLz_coPHs

http://store.steampowered.com/app/269770/Secrets_of_Grindea/
>>
>>175210934
Ha, so infusing the "master" doesn't make the effect disappear, okay.
>>
>>175212252
always been cautious of it because its from Chucklefish
>>
>>175206294
I never loved my time there but because of it I checked out games like Atelier and I always posted my playthroughs of games
>>
>>175212252
Why does this look like running at 15 fps?
Pixels look nice though. When did they add a demo?

Also looks like steam changed their store links. Now it forces the game name after the game id which I hope they will transfer to the screenshot filenames.
>>
File: 5.gif (679KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
679KB, 640x360px
>>175212738
the youtube video looks perfectly fine. i just had to reduce the quality of the .gif so i could upload it. i wanted to show the change of environment and the effects of it for the gameplay.
>>
>>175213579
Get webm4retards
>>
indie bump
>>
>>175213579
I wish the heads were a little smaller. I don't understand the obsession with bobbleheads when they don't even use the headspace for facial expressions.
>>
>>175215230
It's "chibi".
>>
>>175215749
chibi actually has facial expressions

They very clearly take advantage of the extra headspace to speed through a wide range of emotions. This is not chibi.
>>
File: C-GAu5EVYAABaXy.png large.png (532KB, 1050x800px) Image search: [Google]
C-GAu5EVYAABaXy.png large.png
532KB, 1050x800px
It it worth it to give people two handed weapons like longaxes, pikes, and greatswords in Battle Brothers? It seems anybody without a shield sandbags, but I found a special longaxe after killing a necromancer.
>>
Doublefine's Amnesia Fortnight concluded.
>Darwin's Dinner turned out decent
>The Gods Must be Hungry turned out pretty good
>Kiln turns out good
>I Have No idea What I'm Doing is actually good, much to my surprise
>The bonus games are interesting too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iL__muiBQ0
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2347&v=znOieSu_PRI

It's not that bad...
The UI might be dogshit, and the combat not very convincing, the open world and map size worrying, but it's going to be alright. Stockholm syndrome fuck yeah.
>>
>>175216863
>It's not that bad

<:)
>>
STOP!
>>
>>175218530
I just don't understand why they are doing this to themselves. They are an indie studio. Why do they want to compete with AAA? Skyrim was made with a team of about 100. Witcher 3 had 240.

Piranha Bytes? They have 25. So why, oh why do they insist on making games that are completely out of their league? Teams this size? They make Pillars of Eternitys, and Divinity: Original Sins, not Skyrims. Why the fuck can't they scale back a little and focus on quality over quantity?

And still I'm going to buy it day one and play the shit out of it. Fuck me.
>>
Did you know Night in The Woods has its own cartoon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k6Xwg_lhuQ&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>175188482
>open source
>better
top kek
>>
>>175193303
That world sprite looks hilarious
>>
>>175220584
It's ridiculous.
>>
>>175212252
>Eternal Access
I dunno Scoob
>>
File: off.png (141KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
off.png
141KB, 640x356px
Hi there /indie/, I wanted to do a question.

I'm interested on playing OFF but I have read that there were some translation problems that leaded to some misinterpretations of some bits of the plot. Is the translation still bad or it has been fixed?
>>
>>175222115
It hasn't been fixed as far as I know but the misinterpretation just comes from one line in one part near the end, it's not a big deal if you're made aware of it after the fact.
>>
File: 20170428023153_1.jpg (600KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170428023153_1.jpg
600KB, 1920x1080px
Aaaaaawww....

>>175222115
You can still find the old translation laying around, but it has been updated with a... urgh... "updated" translation that adds more options. Including a gender neutral option if you're an insecure faggot.
See the description in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUJCrgJnzM.
>>
>>175222706
Were gender options even in the original?
I thought you were assumed to be the batter himself until THAT point.
>>
File: 1382034018514.jpg (25KB, 360x479px) Image search: [Google]
1382034018514.jpg
25KB, 360x479px
I started playing OFF and I didn't listen to The Judge, now he's dead.
Oops
>>
File: 1480887528957.png (36KB, 537x302px) Image search: [Google]
1480887528957.png
36KB, 537x302px
>>175222706
>Including a gender neutral option if you're an insecure faggot.
I didn't know about this and wish I didn't now
>>
File: (PAIN).png (113KB, 856x634px) Image search: [Google]
(PAIN).png
113KB, 856x634px
>>175222615
>>175222706
>>175223697
>>175223065

I see, thanks for answering anons. Will try it soon.

>Including a gender neutral option if you're an insecure faggot.

Hu... I guess it getting popular by tumblr comes at a price.
>>
>>175216863
>from the award-winning creators of the Gothic series

Aye, too bad those who won the awards left a decade ago. At least the universe is unorthodox (though I'd rather call it clusterfuck), they'll get their investments back but nothing extra.

>>175219453
Regardless how you interpret their intentions, they spent the last 8 years developing Risens. That won't change overnight, so I expect ELEX to be an unofficial successor of those with their all weaknesses.

Granted, PoE or DoS would piss Piranha's every game in half when it comes to quality (or Skyrim, if you insist) but I doubt that'd change if they suddenly switched their focus or cut back the game world.
>>
Anyone play Slice Dice n Rice?
>>
>>175223065
Yes.
>>175222115
Off Rebalance V2 fixes it, adds nothing else, and makes the game actually challenging instead of auto battling 90% of fights. Id recommend it since Batter has a lot of cool high level moves you get at high levels that are pointless to attain.
https://forum.starmen.net/forum/Fan/Games/OFF-by-Mortis-Ghost-MOD-Balance-Rebalance-Project
>>
>>175224439
I wish there was some quick program that could compare these two lists to see who actually shows up again
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/gothic-ii/credits
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/risen-3-titan-lords/credits
Would be helpful for a lot of indie kickstarters by people who claim to be behind that game you liked.
>>
>>175225071
Oh that actually looks quite nice, thanks for sharing
>>
The OFF rebalance is not that good. Yeah it makes the battles not auto-battles but they're still not fun
>>
>>175226113
Do fun turn based RPG battles even exist besides Undertail? All these games should be turn based grid tactical RPGs
>>
>>175226252
Cosmic Star Heroine is turning out to be good
>>
>>175225071
>>175225808

Welp my virtual machine potato can't run it well so I will have to go with the gender neutral engine I guess, still thanks for sharing, someone else may find it enjoyable at least.
>>
File: 60845080_p8.png (1001KB, 1250x900px) Image search: [Google]
60845080_p8.png
1001KB, 1250x900px
Bump. For guys who think Carp is really a fishman, do you think he was around before the white flash?
>>
File: slice-dice-and-rice-screenshot-4.jpg (438KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
slice-dice-and-rice-screenshot-4.jpg
438KB, 1280x720px
>>175224847
I was going to ask the same. Seemed like not only visually pleasing but interesting due to the 1-hit death mechanism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM4EEVQlVN0

Usually, I don't particularly enjoy beat 'em ups and alike, but this might get a chance if it has enough content. Since it's in a market for less than a day, no way to tell yet.
>>
>>175223065
>>I thought you were assumed to be the batter himself until THAT point.

At the start of the tutorial, the Judge says something about the batter being controlled by someone else (you).
>>
>>175229447
It's a fighting game though.
The art looks really good.

>>175229660
Ah, I haven't played OFF in years, I should play it to fight Sugar sometime, never got to her before.
>>
>>175227301
>no online multiplayer and loose plans
Planned on playing this locally with pals but this is a shame. Even if they add online later it probably wont be good since they seemed more focus on the PS1 experience.
>>
So, is Flinthook actually a meme like I hear or is it pretty good? It wasn`t on my radar until I saw a few lets plays of it and it seems fairly interesting, the combat seems to ramp up fairly and the platforming seems kinda cool.

What problems are there with it?
>>
>>175230008
Some anon said its like Rogue Legacy
>>
>>175229412
I dont think he really is a fishman, but if he was he seems like one of the rejects Yado and Bernard worked on pre-flash
>>
File: 5jhZlJZ.jpg (65KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
5jhZlJZ.jpg
65KB, 640x442px
Indies
>>
>>175230847
It seems like the gameplay varies significantly enough to avoid falling into RL`s mistakes. And plus, it just seems much more fun.
>>
If I like Rogue Legacy will I like Flinthook?
>>
How to win at Fast RMX
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>175236390
Gotta go fast.
>>
>>175238145
What if it isn't fast enough?
>>
Okay, so I am at 8 hearts with 5 marriageable candidates already. I know you can give bouquets to multiple people which will change the single status to boyfriend/girlfriend.
My question is after you give the mermaid's pendant to whom you want to marry does the boyfriend/girlfriend status and the bouquet icon disappear on all the other candidates profile? Also is their a reduction in the other candidates hearts after you've married someone?
>>
>>175240869
Then you have to contact the dread lord dal'ric, who will in exchange for your eternal soul will give you daemonic speed.
>>
>>175229412
>thug life
lol
>>
>>175223065
No, you're clearly put in charge of him.
>>
Playing Flinthook right now, I don't like it very much but I just got past the second boss. Wish it was more /lite/.

You'd think this general would be more active considering all the refugees here
>>
>not posting screenshots
>>
File: DAT RUDE YO.jpg (424KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
DAT RUDE YO.jpg
424KB, 960x720px
>>175244180
>>
As interesting as that guy buying a farm is, I don't see what it has to do with Stardew Valley.
>>
>>175244272
>greentexting about not posting screenshots while not posting screenshots
How far can we take this?
>>
>you can craft a spear in Rimworld
>behaves like a knife
>>
>>175247762
Hey, at least you didn't mistook flake for luciferium.
One of them make people happy. The second makes them berzerk. I had a craftsman setting people on fire.
>>
What's new in Rimworld since alpha 15? Can someone give me quick rundown?
>>
>>175248576
I think there's a tutorial and some more crop.
>>
File: hrtedhret.gif (3MB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
hrtedhret.gif
3MB, 450x360px
>>175210501
>>175210614
This game has some of the best pixel art-y graphics and animations I've ever seen
>>
>>175248765
Tutorial was added in 15 along with drugs and deep drilling.

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Version#Current_Version_:_Alpha_16
Looks like Tynan already implemented some world map activation and multiple active embarks. Impressive.

Anyone tried that stuff out yet?
>>
>>175248998
Game still doesn't tell you what you need to make an item or what said item is until it's crafted or you gave the bill.
>>
>>175229447
It looks really cool but there are coming so many fighting games out soon and I just got blazblue so I will pass on this.
Here another upcoming indie fighting game Punch Planet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43QjykqeKiI
I like the look and hard beat OST a lot. Hope it gets a cool story mode.
>>
>>175222706
How does a gender neutral option hurt you so hard though? You can just not select the option if you are an insecure faggot.
>>
Found the tumblrtard.
>>
>>175250779
Nice twitternazi lingo. Just don't select the option and move on man.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (22KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
22KB, 1280x720px
>>175250779
>>175251287
Give us a good show!
>>
>>175250779
Yeah, it's easy to spot.
>>
>>175222706
>Game: RPG Maker 2003 - 2002
lmao I like how it lists RPG maker as the game... but also has the year range backwards. What the fuck.
>>
>>175251445
As easy as "spot the vegan".

>>175251518
That's what happen when retards try to "improve" a game.
>>
>>175251568
Wait, how do you spot a vegan?
>>
We would have a lot less stupid bullshit if the world's lingua franca wasn't English.

Many languages don't have gendered pronouns to begin with while others assign arbitrary genders to everything. Languages are different and English happens to have gendered pronouns.

Newspeak faggot edition is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>175252239
The stupid bullshit is popularized mental disorders.

If it wasn't this, it'd be something else. You're thinking too small, Anon.
>>
>>175252294
I know. But at least they would have one less outlet for their mental disorder.
>>
File: pekaface.png (100KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
pekaface.png
100KB, 736x736px
>>175252009
Wait for them to tell you they are one
>>
>>175252239
Personally, I hate English because it makes no difference between you (singular) and you (plural). So it makes it harder to figure out if two people are familiar or not.
Old English had "thou" and "thee", but they stopped using them because fuck you.

And also, calling someone "it" is apparently impolite or something.

>>175252294
That, and self-diagnosed Asperger, and encouragement into becoming a special snowflake.
>>
>>175252404
Oh, that's the joke.
Guess I never met one, then.
>>
File: ghoti-fish-english1[1].png (37KB, 663x456px) Image search: [Google]
ghoti-fish-english1[1].png
37KB, 663x456px
>>175252406
Personally, I don't give a fuck about pronouns as long as the meaning can be inferred from context.

But I hate English only for its retarded pronunciation. Spoken and written forms of a language should have 1:1 correspondence where any one written grapheme should always have exactly one corresponding pronunciation. Phonemic orthography, bitches.
>>
>>175252812
Personally, it bothers me ingame.
You're put in charge of a creature that may or may not be an avatar of death, and the second thing you do is say you're a girl or an insecure faggot.

Like, do you think the Batter gives a fuck if you're a man, a grill or a faggot?
>>
>>175252903
I find it hilarious. It's like these parodies you see where someone tries to make small talk to a girl and she immediately say "I have a boyfriend".
Same thing here.
>"You have been put in charge of the Ba-"
>"I AM A GIRL"
>"Your task if to assist hi-"
>"I AM A GIRL"
>"Seek the Judg-"
>"REFER TO ME AS 'SHE' OR I'LL GET MAD"
>>
>>175252406
>Personally, I hate English because it makes no difference between you (singular) and you (plural)
That's nothing.

I hate english because there are no solid rules when it comes to pronunciation, abso-fucking-lutely none. It's just a giant clusterfuck of very few small rules and pronunciations borrowed from other languanges.

Think of "lieutenant". It's pronounced "left-tenant". Why? How the fuck does "lieu"sound the same as "left"? I'll tell you why, because it's borrowed from old French.

The thing in most languages you borrow the word but adjust either the pronunciation or the spelling to make it fit the specific rules of language in question. In that case you would write "lefttenant" and there would be no problem. Not the case with english, no sir. Just leave it unchanged, who cares, it's not languages should have consistency.

It's like this- in the vast majority of languages, the words are pronounced by simply reading one letter after another, wtih very few exceptions. When a person sees a word they don't know, they have any troubles pronouncing whatsoever.

Not the case in english. Even if you are a native speaker, if there is a word you didn't know before, you cannot with 100% certainty say how to pronounce it correctly, because there are no consistent rules.

It's ridiculous. Fix your shit.
>>
>>175253409
I see >>175252812 already complained about that. It's good to see I'm not the only one triggered by this.
>>
>>175253409
>It's pronounced "left-tenant".
I thought it was pronounced Lou Tenant? Or at least that's how I learned with Fallout.

But I can't say much about pronounciation, because I'm French, you see? I'm pretty sure we have it worse here, where everything is an exception.
Have fun with "plus", that depending from the pronounciation, means "more", or "out of". Or "boxer", that may be an underwear, a dog, or a boxing sportsman, depending how you pronounce it. Or "point" and "poing", that means "dot" or "point", and "fist", and yet are pronounced the same.
>>
>>175253794
The internet told me French pronunciation rules are very complex, BUT consistent and predictable. So it's better than English.
>>
>>174920257
Good thing I waited, there's already two new ones making the rounds: Immortal Redneck and STRAFE. I'm sure I'll end up buying one of these
>>
Anyone on here played Rain World? I just beat it and I feel emotionally drained, which is quite something considering there's minimal story in it.
>>
>>175253976
It is?
>>
>>175254013
What with the colours? It's tiring.
>>
File: walking-1280.jpg (266KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
walking-1280.jpg
266KB, 1280x720px
>>175254169
Same.

This game just do not have pity at all. Even the ending was heartbreaking.
>>
>>175212475
Except it's not. Pixel Ferrets are 3 independent devs from Sweden.

Also the game is pretty solid. Story mode is complete shit but the endless dungeon mode is pretty fun to grind.
>>
>>175254169
And this game has a pretty solid story, but damn. Fucking neurons and pearls.
>>
File: jTdxLkW.jpg (82KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
jTdxLkW.jpg
82KB, 500x673px
Is Recettear obscure enough for /indie/?
>>
>>175253794
>In the normal British pronunciation of lieutenant the first syllable sounds like lef-. In the standard US pronunciation the first syllable, in contrast, rhymes with do. It is difficult to explain where the f in the British pronunciation comes from. Probably, at some point before the 19th century, the u at the end of Old French lieu was read and pronounced as a v, and the v later became an f
>>
>>175258042
>meanwhile in France we pronounce it "Lieu-tenant", exactly as it's written
English language was a mistake.
>>
File: 1283873477123.jpg (31KB, 401x500px) Image search: [Google]
1283873477123.jpg
31KB, 401x500px
>>175258040
I guess? I remember it had a brief spike of popularity back when it was translated in 2010
>>
>>175253794
>I thought it was pronounced Lou Tenant? Or at least that's how I learned with Fallout.
That was a joke reference to the first Fallout.

There was a supermutant lieutenant, but since most of the gen 1 mutants were pretty dumb they pronounced it " Lou Tenant" or just "Lou" for short.
>>
>>175258454
Well, this is embarassing.

Hey, to my defense, Fallout had French subtitles but all the voices were English, and I was still learning English back then.
Unreal also helped a lot with my English.
>>
>>175258454
>lieutenant
>noun
>UK: /lefˈten.ənt/
>US: /luːˈten.ənt/
>>
>>175258756
American pronounciation is weird.
I watched the AVGN talk about playing "in the ass" for days before I figured out he was talking about the NES.
Instead of saying "ness", he spelled it.
>>
In lieu of lieutenants. English is funny.
>>
The British Army did some weird things to words they used a lot.

Don't look up Boy Scout slang if you value your sanity, it's like a fucking Monty Python episode
>>
>>175206294
remember how all the /jrpg/ kiddies wanted to prove how cool they were so they bashed Persona
>>
>>175259013
Fun fact: Modern American English pronunciation is often closer to the original than Modern British English.

Not that it matters. English has like a billion dialects. If you wanted to have spelling that matches pronunciation, which dialect would you pick? Midland? RP? Why not Cockney? Or Geordie? Or Cajun?

Going with spelling that usually relies on etymological heritage instead of pronunciation might make learning writing the language more difficult, but it's a choice that make sense.
>>
>>175259334
Army slang is always weird, no matter the language.
>>
>>175259943
Here's one with German march counting
Links (left) to start, then 'zwo' instead of zwei because one two and three all use the same syllable and sound the same when being shouted by someone a fair distance away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph-CA_tu5KA
I haven't heard Rammstein in so long
>>
This has nout to do with /indie/
>>
File: subter1.jpg (709KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
subter1.jpg
709KB, 1920x1080px
>>175254169
The story seems to be about death, loss and acceptance more than it is about transcendence. I feel like Pebbles is really saying, "Oh, the daily grind of life is pretty harsh, isn't it? The world isn't getting any better anytime soon, so you might as well just kill yourself. It's the closest you'll ever come to seeing your family again anyway."
>>
>>175207518
The problem with this game is that Freedom Planet exists
I don't know why but it just isn't selling itself well to me, maybe it's the character design
>>
>>175248918
That's probably just a heavily filtered 3D or pre-render
>>
>>175269741
That much is obvious, nobody claimed it's hand drawn and animated.
>>
>>175207518
>psst, any of you kids looking to spark the electric jester?
>>
>>175254013
>STRAFE
Oh I thought it's vaporware, they are finally releasing it. Though I'm still gonna give it a skip.

>>175258040
Recettear could've been such a great game if it didn't have those awful dungeon crawling segments
>>
>>175270584
Dude, they're the best part.
>>
>>175273192
This game has like 10 monster types (not counting recolors that just have different stats) that don't even differ much, primitive combat, and has like hundreds! of same-ish dungeon rooms
I can't imagine why would someone enjoy that, dungeon crawling turns into a literal fucking job
>>
>>175273971
But it makes DOSH
>>
>>175274015
Literal job
>>
>>175274252
Yeah, but you get a shitload of material for (almost) free!
>>
>>175274362
It should be fun
>>
>>175274769
If you're not having fun, that's not the game's problem.
Well, technically, it is, but shut up and stop contradicting me.
>>
I wish Team Buddies got a sequel.
>>
>page 10
Boy I sure do hate [game] !
>>
File: FUCK OFF.jpg (68KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK OFF.jpg
68KB, 854x480px
>>175283264
But do you like Judy Garland?
>>
not again
>>
Not page 10 again.
>>
>>175287087
>That blur
N-Nani!?
>>
ll I'm saying is I can see a lot of people who don't usually like JRPGs liking CSH
>>
>>175192212
>TFW just saw this
Sorry for the delay.
It felt like a classic point and click adventure with a modern look that I just fell in love with.
>memorable moments
Yeah, there's a few that stick out in my mind, some for better and for worse.
>Worse
Dumb, nonsensical bullshit combinations like sticking a piece of toffee to an arm to grab a packet containing an instant Swede, cone on a rocket, and using an interdimensional jousting lance to grab a leg.
>Better
Beatboxing eggplants, Australian game-show computers, organic vending machines, dungeons full of hipsters and men in walls, there's quite a bit that just is enjoyable.
>>
File: goldrush2.jpg (512KB, 1920x1029px) Image search: [Google]
goldrush2.jpg
512KB, 1920x1029px
>Gold Rush! 2 have just been released on Steam
>official site really looks as if it was made in 1868

Not sure what to think. Looks mediocre and a little too expensive.
>>
So I liked Stalker. Is there another obscure shooter with a nice spooky ambiance?
>>
>>175290737
There's A.I.M.: Artificial Intelligence Machine.
It's basically stalker, but with robots.
Can't say about ambiance, though.
>>
>>175292301
Gameplay reminds me of Battlezone 2.
>>
>>175292301
But stalker's already got robots. Biorobots. That's what the Chernobyl liquidators were called.
>>
>>175290737
Metro.
>>
Indies need to be bumped too
>>
>greentexts people without responding to them

Is there anything more passive-aggressive?
I didn't take a screenshot because I didn't want to open up OBS.
>>
>>175297607
Printscreen, then paste into mspaint.
>>
>>175290737
>Stalker
>obscure
I don't know how well known it is outside of ex-CIS countries and memes, but it's a rather lengthy series with a lot of tie-in crap
I still can't get over this game's shitty fan books overshadowing the source material
>>
>>175297607
No, that's the top line.
I see it way too much over in the Path of Exile General. Like half the thread is flooded with "You're not good enough for my (You)s" posts every night.
>>
>>175297740
Gives me a black screen in certain game apps.
>>
>>175290737
>>175297880
Stalker is anything but obscure. It has its own fucking general that's 10 times faster than /indie/
>>
>>175297921
If it's a Steam game, F12, then go into your screenshots folder for that game and open it here.
>>
>>175298070
That's a negative, but thank you. I may purchase it on Steam soon, it's growing on me.
>>
File: Stalker_2_model_1.jpg (93KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Stalker_2_model_1.jpg
93KB, 1024x768px
>>175290737
None. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is on its own.. Both Vostok and Battlestate had their shot but they eventually betrayed the cause. And Sergei can still suck a dick in his red Ferrari for sitting on the rights.
>>
File: FEAR combat.webm (3MB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR combat.webm
3MB, 750x422px
>>175298393
A bit of a shame, I liked how brutal and short the firefights were. It would encourage you to be very careful and then rain hell on your enemies.
>>
>>175290737
> obscure
Is Metro 2033 obscure to you?

It's not exactly the same though, but you're playing a slav in Russia shooting at monsters and it does have a spooky ambience at times.
>>
>>175299720
There's no "spooky" FPS. Either they're spooky and not FPS, or they're not spooky because you have a gun.
That's why Doom 3 fails to be spooky, you have a big gun and you kill most things in three shots.
>>
>>175299720
You really should check out the stalker general. That game has enough mods to keep you entertained for decades.
>>
>>175300663
I don't think there's a Fallout-like mod that moves the action to the US.

And mods, I'm sorry, but every mod I played ever has shitty balance that ruined the game.
>>
>>175244180
I'm fucking trash at it but it's a fun. Still can't get my fourth ghost gem, keep dying, but I'm mostly enjoying the grind. Level 38 or so.
>>
>>175230008
Been putting time on it, enjoying it lots. Music is good but a little grating so I throw on Spotify. I feel like it's getting a lot of media hype, but it's p solid. Wish there was a demo, but it's a spelunky-like so that would be a rip off.

$2 off on ps3+
>>
I don't see how you people are praising Flinthook. I'm waiting for a month from now where you realize it's just another Rogue Legacy, quit it with the nu-male brainwashing and play some real roguelikes

This is the game industry post-Anita
>>
>>175303762
>Rogue-likes
But I don't want turn-based. I like various RPG elements and what have you and in real time makes it better.
>Politics
Ah, I see now.
>>
>>175303762
Is it, at least, better rogue legacy?
>>
>>175289051
>everything clearly using one-point perspective
>rail boards all perfectly vertical
>>
>>175303762
Roguelites are way better than actual Roguelikes

But who the fuck cares about all that, I'd like to hear your explanation for how anita sarkeesian is personally responsible for fun game design
>>
>>175305752
> I'd like to hear your explanation for how anita sarkeesian is personally responsible for fun game design

uhhh... actually it's the opposite, invalidating fun game design
>>
>>175306161
And the explanation?
>>
>>175300214
Not that anon, but I was still getting the spoops while playing Doom 3

Though I'm just a scaredy cat in general and don't play "plain" horror games at all. Guns make those tolerable.
>>
>>175306679
To be spooky, a FPS needs to be brutal (as in, you die easily), but the issue is that most devs mistake horror for jumpscares.
So you're sneaking in a corridor, then you magically have an enemy spawning on you.
>>
File: Stalker Storm Short Mute.webm (3MB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
Stalker Storm Short Mute.webm
3MB, 1152x720px
>>175306679
Partially because it doesn't afraid to use darkness as a gameplay element, even if the flash light or weapon mechanism in the vanilla game was beyond retarded. If you think about it, only a few (non-horror) game has pitch black darkness.

>>175306816
Uncertainty (especially when it comes to enemies) also plays a big part, especially if it's underpinned with dynamic A.I. and fitting visual effects. Hence why heavily scripted corridor shooters will never be more than interactive action movies.
>>
File: That fucking door.jpg (141KB, 502x2076px) Image search: [Google]
That fucking door.jpg
141KB, 502x2076px
>>175308596
>Uncertainty
>>
>>175305752
>Roguelites are way better than actual Roguelikes
Don't say that like it's an objective fact or something, it's just your personal preference.

>>175306816
That's valid for Doom 3 to a degree. On Veteran monsters deal quite a lot of damage, it's not just jumpscares, monster closets/teleports give enemy advantage and make the game harder and more tense. Nightmare also puts you on a timer.

Though, I'm not a huge fan of this mechanics. It's cheap and gets very repetitive/predictable. By the time I've been finishing Doom 3 main campaign, I could predict most of the monster closets/teleports. But I've still enjoyed it and found it quite tense.
>>
>>175308596
I have a soft spot for Stalker because in the top difficulty, finding out where the enemy is and making sure he doesn't know where you are is a huge deal.
I died more than once because I failed to take in consideration a door that I ignored and that zombies used to sneak on me.

>>175308803
Jumpscares are never good anyway.
>>
>>175306816
>the issue is that most devs mistake horror for jumpscares
No, the issue is they absolutely overuse jumpscares (sometimes to the point where there is nothing but jumpscares) and make them cheap.

Jumpscares have their place. Proper jumpscares need to be totally unexpected, rarely used and probably most important of all, they need to be supported by an already heavy, tense atmopshere.

A book example of how to use jumpscares is something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6B44whGJdg

The video doesn't show the context though- at this point in the game there was al ong period of time where nothing was happening but the atmosphere was getting so think the player could feel something is about to happen.

A book example of how NOT to do jumpscares would be the entirety of first Dead Space (because the second one actually did them right at one point, when you re-visit USG Ishimura).

They are repetitive, happen literally every 15 minutes or even less, have no variety whatsoever, always rely on either monster screaming in your face or a seemingly dead guy waking up with a moan, are almost never supported by building up proper atmopshere first, I could go on and on. If you played the first hour of Dead Space you already experienced everything there is to it. Maybe except masssive plot holes later on.
>>
>>175309408
>think
thick*
>>
>>175309408
Another good example from the same game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPygeTmvQlE

It's hard to get why they are good outside of them game though. Jumpscares and horror in general heavily rely on context and atmopshere. Watching shit on youtube is not comparable to experiencing it in the game, not in the slightest.
>>
>>175309408
I don't care how provocative you get, I won't try Dead Space 3.
>>
>>175309758
I wouldn't call Dead Space 3 a horror game at all, they completely drop any and all horror elements.

For all the faults the first one had, it did manage to have a good atmosphere of isolation and solitude at times.

The second one improved on shooting mechanics but took all of this atmopshere away, the only good part was re-visting Ishimura because it was a nice attempt at psychological horror.

Thrid one is just a co-op shooter. Maybe it's for the better, at least it's not pretending to be anything else.
>>
>>175310204
I found the first one extremely oppressive, because sometimes, you hear something yelling in the background, and the corpses always disappear. You feel like trying to kill the sea with just a sword. You slash and swing, but it does shit.

The second is hopeless, because it gives you the impression that you're totally fucked, and that even if you managed to escape, you would still be insane and doomed to eventually kill yourself.
>>
Expeditions Vikings is out.
>>
>>175310365
Yeah but all of this is overshadowed by the overuse of jumpscares, combat and the repetitiveness in general.

Every time you see a bigger area with no enemies in it, you know it's going to be a quarantine aka "kill everything" scenario. Every time you reach anything important you will need to fend off hordes of enemies appearing out of nowhere.

Also, I absolutely couldn't take the game seriously anymore after the entire space warship, full of trained soldiers equipped with proper weapons and stasis, specifically on a mission to retrieve the Marker was completly destroyed by a single fucking necromorph in an escape pod.
>>
>>175311056
Well, same with Mass Effect 2, yet I didn't saw anyone complaining about it.

>spoiler
As much as I love Dead Space, yes, that part was stupid.
>>
>>175310998
How is it? I have Conquistador, but haven't got around playing it yet. Is Vikings better? Good enough that it's worth making time for right now?
>>
>>175311385
I don't know, I hoped someone would've reported about it like the Battle Brother guy did earlier.

He got me really interested in the game.
>>
>>175311174
I'm not a huge fan of Mass Effect/Dragon Age series either, but an abundance of combat and repetitiveness in general doesn't hurt RPGs nearly as much as horrors. They are completly different animals.

If you are playing Dead Space expecting a console shooter with mildly spooky atmosphere then it's a pretty good game, but if you expect it to be an actual horror first and foremost you will be deeply disappointed. At least I was.
>>
>>175311684
I just find it difficult to immerse in a game where a knee-high fence or crate is a giveaway that you'll have to fight.
>>
>>175311684
Forgot to answer the second part of your post, but I agree. I played Dead Space expecting a survival game, and I loved every second of it.
Especially the size of the Ishimura. That thing was massive, and the rampant insanity was really scary.
It still bothers me how you can't save the blind woman or the catatonic woman.

I really like haunted house stories, and the only thing better than a haunted house is a haunted space ship story. And Event Horizon was crap.
>>
>>175311759
Yeah It's one of the problems I have with the series as well. But not the amount combat itself.

Underrail is very combat-centric and yet it's one of the best RPGs of all time to me simply because combat is good while at the same the world building/story/lore are decent and immersive.
>>
>>175312247
That's because Underrail doesn't try to be realistic, it has its own logic.
A 2D game can always pull more illogical stuff without raising eyebrows, while a 3D game needs to be coherent to be believable.
>>
File: peoples-court.jpg (73KB, 594x370px) Image search: [Google]
peoples-court.jpg
73KB, 594x370px
>>175310998
>>175311473
>tfw I was only one here who talked about it
>tfw weren't on /indie/ the day it got released
>tfw I think the Battle Bros one was also me
>tfw still didn't pick it up due to Expeditions

>>175311385
So far feedbacks are absolute positive. Judging by every pre-release footage it looked like a more polished Conquistador on steroids, so I was only afraid of bugs and balance. Some users reported such issues, but they're the small minority.
>>
>>175312983
Well, there was one that explained how the game worked, what the different weapons did, and how his veterans kept getting scars after scars.
If it was you, it was interesting.
>>
>>175313156
Nope, that was the other poster. I never play EA titles so I was excited Battle Brothers finally coming out if it, but since I finished Conquistador around that time (and posted about it in here pretty regularly) I rather waited for it's successor.

Since I tend to keep my eye on the release dates of (the better) new titles, I also post related info in here. But it was the other Anon (and Mishalover) who picked it up right after the release date and started playing / posting stuff about it.

>Like, subscribe, comment!

>>175308791
Jeez, don't even remind me. It was more than 10 years ago when I first visited that place but I still remember to it like it was yesterday. Though I was talking about a different kind of uncertainty above, this is also a good example.

>>175309075
A-Life really made a difference in STALKER. Since I started following it's development in 2k2 I wasn't surprised how God-like it is (even if plenty features never made the game). Meanwhile in a COD / MoH (2010) everything is brain dead until you trigger the script.
>>
>Harvest Moon
>six hours in
>Spring isn't even over
>>
Subnautica question.
I can't decide on where to build my base. What's the best biome?
>>
>>175317332
The one under the water.
>>
Quick question. Is Spark the electric jester worth it? how bad are the technical issues?
>>
>>175317503
So anywhere but the island? Got it.
>>
Quick post indies!
>>
File: Untitled.png (920KB, 1167x865px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
920KB, 1167x865px
>>175323193
I checked the Indie tag on Steam.
Here's what popped up.
Of these:
>Shellshock
>Archotek
>One Dog Story
>Hearthlands
Are the only Indie games. The rest all have separate publishers.
>>
File: start-noscale.jpg (575KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
start-noscale.jpg
575KB, 1920x1080px
>>175323193
>>
>>175287087
she's MINE to bonk damnit
>>
>>175318527
They added islands?
>>
>>175323193
Grimmu Dawnu
>>
What does the row option in combat do in OFF?
>>
>>175328081
Probably the standard defense-up offense-down vs defense-down offense-up tradeoff seen in a lot of RPGs...
>>
https://lparchive.org/OFF/Update%2043/
I have no idea if this guy is serious or not
>>
File: C77Gj6KV4AAKUh7.jpg (175KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C77Gj6KV4AAKUh7.jpg
175KB, 1200x1200px
How do I get good with two-handed weapons in battle brothers?

Is duelist worth giving up a shield?
>>
the fuck is this shit

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/a-violent-and-dreamlike-jrpg-set-in-the-final-est-frontier-glitchspace
>>
>>175330406
That's some shit.
>>
>>175332921
I don't know, but, goddamn, my twohanders keep getting fucked up by archers.

Perhaps when leveling up it's smart to put more points into ranged defense, because they're sure as fuck going to get targeted. HP too since crossbow fags go straight to meat.

Haven't tried that yet, though.
>>
What all are you able to do in stardew valley?

I honestly can't decide between it and Trio of Towns
>>
>>175333631

also, is there a safe torrent of the latest version I can download?
>>
>>175333631
Fishing
Mining
Spelunking
Farming
Romancing
Befriending
Building up town hall
Making dead grandpa happy
Participating in town festivals

It's on PC though, which is the primary reason to play it over other farmin' games.
>>
File: What did she mean by this?.png (234KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
What did she mean by this?.png
234KB, 700x700px
>>175333338

Have wardogs turned out to be useful for you? They seem kind of squishy.
>>
>>175333929
They're useful because enemies are retarded and will attack them first. Better they absorb 1-4 attacks than one of your brothers biting the dust.

Later in the game they're also relatively cheap.
>>
>>175333929
Oh right, and then there's the usefulness that's right there on the label: They can catch and hold down fleeing dudes. Great way to get some extra experience/items.
>>
File: C7hWGVdU8AAPzCv.png large.png (405KB, 1489x2047px) Image search: [Google]
C7hWGVdU8AAPzCv.png large.png
405KB, 1489x2047px
>>175333998

Just gave them a try. They're nice to finish off orc young once you get rid of their armor. They get three attacks right off the bat and chew their asses up good.
>>
>>175233705
If you like Rogue Legacy I wont like you
>>
I am Setsuna isnt like Chrono Trigger at all
>>
>>175333631
Is there any reason to pick up trio of towns if I already played Story of Seasons and found it underwhelming?
>>175333784
GOG is safe
>>
>>175317332
Theres a heat vent near the start which is a good place to start building near and get ready for thermal plants
>>
>>175335979

as in torrents that download the G.O.G. version of the game?
>>
>>175310998
Is there an event where your vikings/shieldmaidens kidnap cunny/boycunny?
>>
>>175336175
they should add an event where your vikings kidnap boycunny
>>
>>175333181
I'll try it out tomorrow.
>>
>>175336254
For what purpose?
>>
Heyyo... So I want to ask if anyone remembers the title and/or where to play this older game...

It used to be on the old CartoonNetwork site and I THINK you played as Courage the Cowardly Dog and you went around a world where pretty much everyone lived there? For example, Johnny Bravo was there.

I think it had a story and you had to do little sidequests(?) for people like going to get a silver platter for someone.

For the life of me, I cant remember the title... So i cant even Google the game. I think this was an old game from back in the days of Windows Vista. Good times.

Anyone think they can help me out there? I wanna enjoy a bit of old nostalgia that I've been looking for, for at least a decade.

Many thanks in advance my dudes!
>>
>>175344441
>back in the days of Windows Vista
Great, I feel old now. That reminds me of Gex a bit, but otherwise doesn't ring a bell.
Was it 3D? 2D?

Also bump.
>>
>>175344441
Cartoon Network Summer Resort. Pretty fun game.
>>
>>175345309
2D. And Gex was the fucking best man.

>>175345384
!!! Fuck dude I think thats it!! I fucking love you right now.

Now here's hoping I can actually find it online...
>>
>>175346120
Update: I'm on mobile so i cant play any of them, but I'm pretty sure I can based on how many links pupped up with just the name alone.
Apparently there were several different games for the little series.

>>175345384
Fuck dude i love you right now... As thanks, give me a character or something and I'll do a quick drawing for you. I've been looking for this game for fucking ages
>>
>>175346243
(Doesnt have to be a CN character btw. Any character my dude, go for it)
>>
>>175344441
>I think this was an old game from back in the days of Windows Vista. Good times.
>vista
>old days
lol kids

Vista isn't even at end of support yet.
>>
>>175347657
Naw, of course its not the oldest. I got a computer late in the game. Good old days for me man. I rocked at that Space Pinball game.
... I think i still have my old computer somewhere in storage..
>>
>>175191582
Wait, what? Iji was updated?
>>
Could someone remind me whether or not CLASSIC GAME is real?
>>
>>175349832
It's a hoax perpetuated by the /indie/minati! Don't believe their lies! Not even if you play it!
>>
Is FEZ indie?

How good is it anyway? Each time I hear something about it, it's more about the devs than the game, just like Starbound.
>>
Shit.

Oddities or classic?
>>
>>175350601
Oddities.
>>
>>175350601
Oddities
>>
>>175350247
Yeah it is indie. The game is a fun exploration plattformer. If you want battle action then FEZ has none of that. Some of the puzzles for all pieces are retarded though, the worst offender being a qcode.
>>
>try underrail
>try tutorial
>can't turn around without moving
>moving leaves me out of points
>die to a sentry bot
>uninstall
>get a refund
>shit in a parcel
>send parcel to game's dev's house's mailbox
>>
>>175350601
Oddities. Better balanced than classic, rewards exploration rather than being a pure murder hobo.
>>
>>175350247
It's okay?

I personally didn't like it, I actually dropped it in a hour or so. I suppose it depends if you like the gimmick and exploration in the game or not. Otherwise game's pretty boring and obtuse, and I couldn't get into exploration because Fez is devoid of narration, landmarks or characters. In-game map is almost useless, there's a lot of backtracking and platforming is painfully slow, there even is an insane fall damage that kills you if you try to skip a single platform when going down.
>>
>>175333929
>>175334928
>Tripfagging in different generals

Please leave my safe space
>>
>>175352046
>fall damage
>in a platformer
Okay, dropped.
>>
>>175352046
One says boring, to me it was comfy. You are spot on with the no characters except the later time travel town and the owls but the game has a lot of different landmarks. The ingame map is not good for the stages itself but is very helpful in showing you where you collected everything and if you opened all paths.
>>
>>175352145
It's not damage, the game resets you to the start of a map which are all very small.
>>
>>175351531
>can't turn around without moving
You can by doing any other action in the direction you want to face.

But turning around and sprite facing different directions has no actual impact on the gameplay so I have no idea why would you care about it in combat, it's purely aesthetic.

>die to a sentry bot
Vencel clearly tells you to take the armor from the locker and equip.

>send parcel to game's dev's house's mailbox
Considering he's from Serbia, sending it might cost you more than the game itself.
>>
>>175352602
>But turning around and sprite facing different directions has no actual impact on the gameplay
Then explain why I got shot at by a sentry that I couldn't see.

>Vencel clearly tells you to take the armor from the locker and equip.
What locker?

>sending it might cost you more than the game itself
Yeah, but imagining his face as he receives crap by parcel makes it worth it.
Plus I live next to Serbia so it's not that expensive.
>>
File: Tutorial.png (804KB, 1338x978px) Image search: [Google]
Tutorial.png
804KB, 1338x978px
>>175352895
>Then explain why I got shot at by a sentry that I couldn't see.
You pretty much couldn't. The first room has 3 sentries in it and they are all visible as soon as the gate opens. The second one has only a single sentry patrolling around that you are supposed to stealth by.

I also find it hard to believe you got killed by the sentry without actively trying to do so. Even if you started with 3 CON and on Hard, you would have 49 HP while tutorial sentries only deal 1-3 damage. It would take an average of 24.5 hits to kill you, not counting misses.

>What locker?
Gee I dunno, look at the picture and you tell me. I even highlighted the important stuff in case you still had any trouble.
>>
>>175354285
Wait, nevermind. I found out why I couldn't see it.

It was actually behind a wall, and Underrail doesn't highlight units by default like Fallout did, you need to press Z. I'll see if I can turn it on constantly.
>>
>>175354374
Yeah, you can do that.

Options -> Interface -> Character Highlights: Always In Combat
>>
Any FTL players? I made a shitty thing for you.

https://youtu.be/_7kMIUVBRpE
>>
>>175354545
Neat.

Is crafting useful, by the way, or can I just drop stuff by murdering deathclaws or whatever passes at them?
>>
>>175354547
Moral of the story: Glaive beams are overrated
>>
>>175354617
Crafting is super useful. Crafted gear is the best gear and most of the good drugs need crafting.

Traps are also really fucking amazing unlike in Fallout. There's a feat that lets you use them in combat, that makes bear traps the best way to stop enemies.
>>
>>175354547
I hate FTL so damn much.
>>
>>175354617
>Is crafting useful, by the way
Very.

>or can I just drop stuff by murdering deathclaws or whatever passes at them?
You can easily play the game with no crafting at all but as a general rule crafted stuff has the potential to be the best in the game. Some builds benefit from it more than the others.

There are some exceptions,a few unique weapons (especially unarmed weapons) and one unique armor easily rival anything you can craft.
>>
>>175354672
It's ok with cloaking 3 because with c3 if you immediately cloak at the start of a fight you charge faster than every single weapon in the game. Plus cloaking 3 is way cheaper for what is basically the same effect as a preigniter.
>>
>>175354858
I'm a winner, I don't do drugs!

Except smokeleaf joint in Rimworld, but that's only because there's a psychic drone that targets women and 80% of my settlers are women.

>>175354876
>crafted stuff has the potential to be the best in the game
That's really different from the other games where crafted stuff is low-tech.
>>
>>175354861
Hate as in "this game is shitty" or as in "fuck this bullshit RNG"?
>>
>>175355009
Both.
The game has some good idea, but it plays like QWOP, if it has a devil walking behind you and poking your ass with a red hot iron.
You're still trying to figure out how to play and what to prioritize and you're already getting boarded by Lanius who are raping your crew.
>>
File: shield.png (239KB, 310x789px) Image search: [Google]
shield.png
239KB, 310x789px
>>175354948
>That's really different from the other games where crafted stuff is low-tech.
Well it makes sense to me. If loot/bought stuff was the best in the game there would be little reason to invest points into crafting and they do take a lot of investment.

Also I wouldn't say stuff you can craft in Underrail is exactly low-tech.
>>
>>175355104
Once you truly git gud, the game becomes a lot more fun

Unfortunately, that means memorizing the wiki
>>
>>175355138
Yes, that's something that often bothers me. Crafting is often low or mid-tier stuff in games.

Some games (like New Vegas, for example) allow you to craft some fun or powerful stuff, but why put points in crafting when you can just buy them and deal even more damage by putting points in combat skills?
>>
>>175355180
>Unfortunately, that means memorizing the wiki
what

just play the damn game, FTL doesn't even have that much content for a roguelike

but yeah, it's really fun once you git gud
>>
>>175355249
I mean when you can mathematically decide how much average scrap you'll get from an encounter and weigh that against possible downsides, that element of strategic decisionmaking and uncertainty comes back. So yeah, knowing chances of things happening inside each and every event can be super useful.
>>
>>175333929
>what did she mean by this
I think she literally wants to put her sword through you
>>
>>175354547
Nice vid.

Boarding party mantis ship best ship
>>
>>175355238
You'll find that Underrail has more common sense in design than most other games of the genre.

...but also some completely inexplicable and foreign slav logic.
>>
>>175333929
>Is wearing fucking rags
>Has a bandage over her eye instead of an eyepatch
>Some shitty ponytail

I'll just stick with my hand thank you and god bless
>>
>>175356751
>some completely inexplicable and foreign slav logic
Such as?
>>
>>175357469
>>Has a bandage over her eye instead of an eyepatch
Well, she has a huge scar to cover up too, not just a fucked eye.
>>
File: wat.png (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
203KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw the forum says I'm Styg now
What did the system mean by this?
>>
>>175359396
Hi Styg. When is the update coming?
>>
>>175359353
Would still fug. I like badass girls.
>>
>>175359662
When it's done™
>>
File: 1478730005984.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
1478730005984.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
What makes LISA great?

Why can't I stop thinking about it.
>>
>>175356539
Thanks senpai. Would you guys want an actual serious guide to the ship, or just more meme bullshit for other ships?
>>
>>175359396
Can you post / moderate as Styg?
>>
>>175359396
Aw, shit. Someone noticed before we got it fixed.

The webhost appears to be having some caching issues. The forum might show you a page meant for someone else who recently visited. Hopefully, this shouldn't be a severe security risk since you can't actually do anything without correct login cookie.

>>175360961
No, he can't.
>>
>>175360961
Nah. It only applies to the main page. As soon as I go anywhere else it's back to normal.
>>
>>175360126
Well, there have been more than enough play-it-straight FTL let's plays / guides.

At least personally, I wouldn't watch a guide...
>>
File: 20170429183127_1.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170429183127_1.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
Fuck you game.
>>
>>175359903
It's really weird, has decent unique gameplay, and flawed identifiable characters, among other stuff
>>
>>175361697
Gotcha, sounds great. I'll probably do some more after i finish this giant ass xcom mission

subscribe for more content tovarisch )))))
>>
File: IMG_0024.jpg (102KB, 803x995px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0024.jpg
102KB, 803x995px
rpgmaker horror game The Witch's House is getting a manga. Anyone excited?
>>
>>175370331
Fuck no. I hated that game.
>>
>>175370331
The story works probably better without all the jumpscare puzzles.
>>
>>175370659
Markiplier pls go

>>175370694
Agreed.
>>
>>175371450
What the fuck is a makiplier?
>>
>>175371572
Apparently it's an e-celeb with retarded hair.
>>
>>175335880
What's it like then?
>>
>>175372370
It's trash, unlike Chrono Trigger who was good.
>>
>>175364956
>For England, James?
>>
>>175372637
That's a shame

I don't love CT as much as most people but if it was even close to being as good as CT, I would have been interested

Apparently that Cosmic Star Heroine game is a better follow-up to CT anyway
>>
>>175349832
chech, the channel, there is a link to get the game, the link expires in 1 day though, if you don't manage to get it I coul mention to repost it. although at this moment I would try to get it once the newest update is finished
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaVFxEdMAO0

by the way MELATONIN is best song
>>
Do underrail forums work yet
>>
>>175376760
Looks like it. I'm no longer Styg.
>>
>>175377016
Hooray. Lesson of the day, never buy webhosting from hostgator.
>>
File: isaac-ng 2017-04-29 21-18-19-62.png (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
isaac-ng 2017-04-29 21-18-19-62.png
352KB, 1920x1080px
I think I need to work on my decision making.
>>
>>175378437
>It was at this point Anon knew
>He fucked up.
>>
File: latest[1].png (103KB, 272x350px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
103KB, 272x350px
>>175370331

Did Witch's House have any cute monstergirls like Mad Father?
>>
>>175378437
You may have fucked up.
>>
>>175378523
No, tripfag. It's all jumpscares, horrible deaths, and a truly immoral ending that will make you want to break your screen.
>>
>>175378437
You have Spectral tears.
Just stand on a rock.
>>
File: 20170429212452_1.jpg (216KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170429212452_1.jpg
216KB, 1920x1080px
Totally worth it.
>>
File: wat.png (12KB, 773x154px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
12KB, 773x154px
The fuck was Styg doing?
>>
>turn-based RPG in medieval setting
>"it's like X-COM meets with Skyrim"

Every fucking time. It's like ignorance meets with stupidity.
>>
>>175382603
FF7 and CT are the best rpgs ever ^-^
>>
>>175382603
Let me enlighten you :
>"It's like XCOM"
It means it's turn-based and RNG.
>"It's like Dark Souls"
It means it's hard.
>"It's like Skyrim."
It means it's fantasy. Sometimes with dragons.
>"It's like Dwarf Fortress."
It means you have have to build an economically viable town/fortress/outpost but production is manual and not automatic.
>"It's like Baldur's Gate."
It's retro-bullshit.
>"It's like Mario."
It's a colorful platformer.
>>
>>175197602
>>175197229
this reminds me of simon saying:
> and on christmas day I got a present
> inside the box there was love
> so basically they gave me nothing
>>
>>175382441
Just testing if and why hostgator's fuckup only affected the forum
>>
>>175382603
And to expand.
>"It's like OFF."
It mean it's weird as fuck.
>"It's like Yume Nikki/Ib."
It means it's a walking simulator.
>"It's like Dear Esther/Gone Home."
It means it's a 3D walking simulator about tumblr.
>"It's like Ao Oni."
It means it's Ao Oni with recolored skins.
>>
>>175197461
>>175197647
I'm waiting for the day where you need water in rimworld, needing to live by lakes or rivers,
using wells or moisture farms in the desert
>>
Anyone tried Lisa the Pointless?
>>
>>175383376
I'd like to see that too, because I still don't understand how the passive coolers work, but I imagine they should make the room very damp, and thus make it hazardous to live in, due to mold growing on stuff or wounds infecting.
>>
>>175383217
Ah, I missed that. Ok then.
>>
>>175212252
>secret of mana,
touch are very sensible bone there mate, this was one of the games I look with so much love on the past, the song alone brings me tears
keep use posted if anything
>>
>>175383490

Yeah, only got as far to the elementary school before my hard drive got fucked, so I got to start over. I haven't even started Lisa the Hopeful yet.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170429_161045.png (165KB, 330x487px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170429_161045.png
165KB, 330x487px
>>175383686
>touch are very sensible bone there mate
fuck sorry, didn't get enough sleep last night and as a result forgot plain english

anyway, this game has been on sale for like a week now, anyone got an opinion?
I have mixed feelings but overall it just seems too childish to be bothered with
>>
>>175384507
>tags
>early access
>multiplayer
>sanbox

>description
>crafting

Just play Minecraft.
>>
File: 1438458507556.png (4KB, 410x340px) Image search: [Google]
1438458507556.png
4KB, 410x340px
Trying to remember the name of some RPG that was in development, looked like an RPGMaker thing. I think it was called Piss Punks or Vomit Fuckers or something crude like that. Ring any bells?
>>
>>175382893
>"It's like Skyrim."
>It means it's fantasy. Sometimes with dragons.
Or it means open world. See FarCry 3 being called "Skyrim with guns".
>>
>>175386407
>FarCry 3 being called "Skyrim with guns"
WHAT

As much as I like Far Cry, it's FUCKING NOTHING LIKE SKYRIM
I need more caps lock to express my OUTRAGE at this statement.
>>
>>175386706
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/like-skyrim-with-guns
>>
>>175386839
>Youtuber
Shoulda knew. Youtube seems to be the crystalization of everything wrong with modern gaming.
>"LISTEN TO ME RANTING ABOUT WOMEN AND MINORITIES IN VIDEO GAMES"
>"WATCH ME SCREAM LIKE A RETARDED FAGGOT"
>"WATCH ME PLAY A VIDEO GAME WHILE I RANT ABOUT UNRELATED CRAP"
>>
>wanted to make an autistically complex comparsion between pistols and assault rifles as secondary weapons on sniper builds in Underrail

>halfway through realize there are just too many factors to account for
I feel defeated.
>>
>>175386706
>>175388475
Chill, it's just a stupid meme. Remember Oblivion With Guns, aka "Fallout" 3?
>>
>>175382893
>>"It's like Skyrim."
>It means it's fantasy. Sometimes with dragons.
Skyrim means open world with mostly fetch quests. Hence Farcry 3 was skyrim with guns.
>>
>>175383686
Play Seiken Densetsu 1 and 3 if you haven't yet.
>>175384507
It's ok from what I have seen at launch. Don't go into it without friends would be my recommendation.
>>
>>175388881
I used to think that DarkSydePhil was a meme too. And then I found it it was serious.

>>175389465
I want to slap you.
>>
>>175390043
WTF is DarkSydePhil? I don't think I want to look it up.

Also, memes can be serious. It's not a synonym or neologism for joke.
>>
>>175390247
>WTF is DarkSydePhil?
Simply put, the most cancerous Youtuber ever.
He's not into social justice, he doesn't whine about a game lacking in faggots, niggers, women or retarded stuff like that, but...

Well, we all have that relative who comes at your house, tries you favorite game, ignores the tutorial, get rekt, and yells "what a shitty game you have here" and you're refraining yourself from strangling him. Well, DarkSydePhil is basically that, except he's an adult.

That's all you need to know.
>>
>>175390597
You typed way too much to end your post with "That's all you need to know."
>>
>>175390808
I kept it short. There's a lot more to say. Like the fact that he masturbated live on Twitch, or the fact that he got so salry on Persona 3 that even Atlus laughed at him, or the fact that he was basically kicked out of his own forum and then had all the moderators quitting because of how retarded he is.
>>
>>175390597
Oh, I thought it was some weird meme term.

>Youtuber
And that's the point where I stopped caring. Ignorance is bliss. It's more effective to ignore something than hate it.
>>
>>175391019
>There's a lot more to say.
There is not. Just say he is a letsplayer that /v/ obsesses over.
>>
File: phil.png (164KB, 856x1044px) Image search: [Google]
phil.png
164KB, 856x1044px
>>175390247
>WTF is DarkSydePhil?

In nutshell: /ourguy/.

>>175389465
Impeccable logic.
>>
>>175384256
Have't tried either, just surprised 'the pointless' haven't gotten more attention here. Imo it seems very faithful to the original, if not better in some aspects.
>>
>>175391156
>implying it's all a very ironic and clever plan
Spoiler : it isn't.
>>
Shouldn't have asked. Kill me now.
>>
File: 2016-04-11-190111_1.jpg (183KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-11-190111_1.jpg
183KB, 1600x900px
>>175391563
We learn from mistakes.
>>
>>175388813
Too bad, that would have been a fun read. But probably too much work for the ~5 guys who would fully read such a thing.
>>
>>175388813
>not including SMGs in the comparison
>not also comparing all psi abilities
Your autism power level is weak!
>>
>>175361697
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdrQNoKng90

More FTL for you my big guy
>>
>>175383490
Yeah. Starts off a bit slow and then it becomes pretty good, in my opinion. I just love Alex and Joel too much, it was nice to see a 2-person party properly working.

Painful>Pointless>>Joyful
>>
>>175391019
Nothing wrong with hating Persona 3. Like all JRPGs, including mainline SMT, it's mindless garbage for people afraid to play real games that require any amount of thinking.
>>
>>175392920
Fuck yes Engi B! My first victory ever was that lovely piece of shit! Good choice of music too... wait... why is it so shor... oh no ;_;
>>
File: 20170429233634_1.jpg (213KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170429233634_1.jpg
213KB, 1920x1080px
muh waifu
>>
>>175393845
Moon is cute!
Still not worth doing the trip to five pebbles and back multiple times
>>
>>175393679
I actually won that engagement but I'm gonna keep all these videos short.
>>
>>175393845
Fuck moon, fuck 5p, fuck limited fast travel, fuck slugcats, fuck rainworld.

>>175393930
>spoiler
Couldn't agree more
>>
File: 123.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
>>175393930
Nah. Worth it.
>>
>>175391156
>acts stupid ironically
This guy is legit retarded
>>
File: 20170428214446_1.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170428214446_1.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>175394156
Shut up!
>>
File: 1.png (24KB, 1824x175px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
24KB, 1824x175px
>>175392084
The main issue is that the there are so many combinations of calibers, weapons mods and stat distributions (that also affect what feats you may take) is just too much.

So far I only compared 9mm hammerers/neo lugers/falchions and and 8.6mm hornets/chimeras at 50/100/120 quality and their damage with 272 guns skill (lvl 25 with 16 PER, 290% weapon damage) because those are the overall most effective choices AP-wise with speed reloader.

The differences between their DMG/shot is actually pretty small as you can see in the pic. But you need to keep in mind 8.6mm is smaller than 9mm so it's not entirely fair, but 9mm sucks for ARs AP-wise.

But calculating the amount of shots per turn is a nightmare. Feat cooldowns, reloads, commando kicking in, adrenaline, it's too much.

But then there's an issue of weapon mods, like do you want a muzzle brake or an anatomically aware scope on chimeras, do you want a laser sight or a smart module on neo lugers. Or maybe you don't even want a speed reloader on a hornet and would rather have a muzzle brake and a smart module instead to make burst much more powerful.

Later feats; do you want to go 7 STR instead of 6 and take Full Auto, it's not clear if it's even worth it considering it's only supposed to be secondary.

On the other hand 7 STR means you are left with 5 after getting hit by Crippling Strike so just enough to use your sniper rifle. But at this point what do you even need your secondary for.

Then there are precision bonuses, precision drop of bursts compared to precision drop of Rapid Fire/Point Shot, it's all very hard to evaluate.

Impact speeds, specific resistances of specific enemies secondary weapons are most useful for, I could go on and on.

So on and so on.
>>
>>175394816
>Hammerer and Falchion are guns
>not hammers and swords
Whut
>>
>>175392439
>not including SMGs in the comparison
I don't personally like them very much.

I didn't do any autistic research on them so far but they seem like the worst out of the 3- they don't have the +7 initative pistols get nor the sheer firepower of ARs. They work much better on dedicated builds.

>not also comparing all psi abilities
Well on pure psi you will most likely end up using all 3.
>>
>>175389621
isn't seiken densetsu the 'secret of mana' name in japanese?
I don't quite remember but I did have the rom for it back then
>>
>>175394957
>hammers
Well there are sledgehammers but they don't use frames and as such don't get to have a cool name.

>swords
Only knives. They don't have any cool names either.
>>
>>175395353
>no swords
>no spears
Shit game.
>>
>>175395023
I meant comparing each psi skill as sniper support skill. They all have some nice tricks for that and I never see people talking about psi hybrids, except for the obvious and boring psi+unarmed.
>>
>>175395454
Well there will machetes and spears in the expansion.
>>
>>175395528
>spears
This pleases me.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170429_181631.png (287KB, 851x881px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170429_181631.png
287KB, 851x881px
> smack that!
>>
>>175392920
>the best ship
>engi b

My fucking sides hurt from laughing at the editing
>>
>>175395319
Yes som is seiken densetsu 2.
>>
>>175395765
You can spank your wife in Stardew Valley?
>>
>>175395469
>I meant comparing each psi skill as sniper support skill.
Psi generally isn't really worth the HP penalty outside of actual psi builds or psi monks.

>They all have some nice tricks for that and I never see people talking about psi hybrids
They do, but there are other tricks that don't lower your HP and cost less skill points overall.

I'm not saying it's not viable, but not optimal and pretty obscure. Trying to compare all obscure and non-optimal choices is definitely beyond me.
>>
>>175394489
woah where was this? Looks like wastelands
>>
>>175396193
>Psi generally isn't really worth the HP penalty outside of actual psi builds or psi monks.
Pfft, I can tell you haven't even tried.

>optimal
It doesn't need to be "optimal" to be really good and fun to play. That's the beauty of Underrail. Autistic minmaxing only locks you into boring builds.

If you're good enough to write tl;dr guides, you're definitely good enough to have some fun with advanced unorthodox builds.
>>
>>175395986
ohhhhhh... that explains it, were the other two translated as well?
that begs the question, maybe we should make a communal effort to come up with a archive of old roms
>>
>>175396010
>all on the floor
no
>>
>>175396608
SD 1 is on gameboy and released in america as Final Fantasy Adventure. SD3 never got an official western release but got translation patches into several languages.
Switch actually got a collection of SD1-3 but only in japan.
>>
>>175396527
>Pfft, I can tell you haven't even tried.
I haven't, but by "isn't really worth" I just meant "it's not optimal".

>It doesn't need to be "optimal" to be really good and fun to play. That's the beauty of Underrail. Autistic minmaxing only locks you into boring builds.
Yes, but I like minmaxing a specific idea. Sniper with psi just doesn't happen to be one I'm really interested in.

>If you're good enough to write tl;dr guides, you're definitely good enough to have some fun with advanced unorthodox builds.
I think the most unorthodox thing was a pistol only build. But the thing it it wasn't based on critical damage or critical chance, it wasn't based on criticals at all.

I just run through the whole game with a 9mm Neo Luger with a laser sight and speed reloader for tight, reliable damage range and reliable hits with 15% bonus precision.

But it was minmaxed within the idea. I wanted to play a pistol build focusing on reliable non-critical damage and min-maxed the fuck out of it. It wasn't the best build in the game, but it was the best it could be.
>>
>>175396776
???
>>
>>175397390
One of these days I'm going to try a jack of all trades build. All attributes/skillpoints evenly split and whatever feats I can get.

And I'm gonna enjoy suffering every second of it.
>>
>>175354858
>Crafting is super useful. Crafted gear is the best gear and most of the good drugs need crafting.
I wish Skyrim was like that.
I really loved exploring Blackreach, filling my bag with dwemer stuff, and then smelting it into dwemer alloy and making my armor and all my weapons with it.
>>
File: 1.png (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
137KB, 1920x1080px
>>175397874
You would end up with something like this.

Since your precision with weapons would be awful, you would most likely end up using psi.

The good news is, if you put one more point out of the 2 left into any of the psi skill they will all reach 70, just enough to learn every psi ability.

You could probably bump your stealth to 100 with black cloth gear and stealth through most of the game.
>>
>>175382603
>turn based tactical RPGs
>referred to as JSRPGs
STOP
>>
>>175398228
Blackreach was the best part of Skyrim. And Skyrim was better than Oblivion (though not quite as good as Morrowind) only because it had Dwemer ruins.

I wish they'd do TES game that explores what happened to the Dwemer. I mean, in more detail than the little teases in Morrowind.

Dem dorfs man, dem dorfs.
>>
>>175388475
>Youtuber
Machinima is closer to IGN than e-celebs.
>>
>>175399007
I wish they put spears back in the games. And that crafting included recycling, because the idea of pillaging every sword or maces I found and smelting them into ore makes me hard.

I also wish Morrowind wasn't a piece of shit that always crashed 20 minutes after I started playing it because it sounds genuinely fun.

And yeah, Blackreach was good. For me, it's the epitome of video games : a giant, beautiful place that makes you dream, that makes you forget there's a boring world outside.
>>
File: 1463553913062.jpg (151KB, 1611x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1463553913062.jpg
151KB, 1611x1007px
>>175399327
OpenMW is fully playable and can get constant 60FPS on a decent CPU. You could probably even get distant land at a smooth cinematic 30FPS.
>>
>>175399327
>I wish they put spears back in the games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMhOMfs_o0
>>
>>175399713
Brb reinstalling morrowind
>>
File: 1488920474843.jpg (102KB, 1021x575px) Image search: [Google]
1488920474843.jpg
102KB, 1021x575px
>>175346326
>>175346243
How about Cadence from Enter the Gungeon? We used to have nostalgia threads on /v/ about the game. No need to thank me but if you insist.
>>
>>175395469
I played several psi hybrids because I couldn't give less of a fuck about playing something optimal. But in every single case as my spell library expanded, I started to rely on my combat skill less and less and began playing like a pure psi, because it was just pointless to do anything else. Psi, even with only 10 WILL, just rapes everything on its own once you have enough tools, and everything else is just luxury. Why would I waste my APs with a burst, why would I fire my plasma pistol, why would I throw that grenade when I can do much more and faster if I just use psi?

Only if I deliberately gimped myself as a psi by going with either below 5 WILL, or a very restricted library, like just a select 2-3 spells and psi feats only have I played truly like a hybrid. The problem is that it's hard to come up with something that couldn't also be done with a pure psi, or another hybrid with a regular weapon and a psi-substitute (electro pistol, for example, although it sucks balls compared to the real deal)

Force Field and grenades is fun times though. 9 times out of 10 enemies are drawn to the field like moth to the flame, so they will gladly walk straight into cryogas or napalm fire, even if they'd avoid it like the plague under normal circumstances. Ahhh, raiding Fort Apogee, much fun were had, yes. Even though some of them were intelligent enough to leave the gas for a while, or at least heal. But they always come back. Always. The call of the field is too strong.

And when they are weak, the field gone, and everyone's huddled together, kamikaze with MK V grenades. Fun times.
>>
File: ssp.png (69KB, 616x638px) Image search: [Google]
ssp.png
69KB, 616x638px
remember me
>>
>>175408425
I haven't played it yet
Sell it to me, it's been in my library for two+ years now
>>
/indie/ is dead. Long live /indie/!
>>
I miss Seven Kingdoms 2.
>>
>>175412362
AKA Fourteen Kingdoms
>>
File: CSH012.png (396KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CSH012.png
396KB, 1920x1080px
After a short while of being easy, the game has gotten hard again (very fun)
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/529870/

Niggas, please. I need people to play this with.
>>
Mogeko Castle was fun
i hope Gaiden is real
>>
>>175416625
>google it
>find a wiki
>"Also, keep in mind that the depiction of such content does not necessarily reflect the author's opinion on said content (i.e., the author does not support sexual assault, despite the game)."
WELL NO SHIT
AND I WAS THINKING THAT AO ONI'S DEV SUPPORTED CANNIBALISM
>>
>>175416625
>>175416825
Is it out in English?
>>
In Battle Bros, do you like to recruit deserters? I like they don't get butthurt and lose morale if you don't use them in battles.
>>
File: bea.png (686KB, 1491x1246px) Image search: [Google]
bea.png
686KB, 1491x1246px
I liked bea
>>
>>175424402
So what was /indie/'s consensus?

Was it a dumb edgy game

or was it just the characters that were dumb and edgy
>>
>>175424947
From what I can tell, /indie/ has been mixed. There've been people who really liked it and people who couldn't get into it at all and people in-between
>>
>>175424947
It was okay. I don't think the main plot is very good, but the character arcs were nice.

It was a letdown but I can imagine someone getting it at discount and being pleasantly surprised
>>
File: why_not_Both.png (24KB, 210x200px) Image search: [Google]
why_not_Both.png
24KB, 210x200px
>>175424947
>dumb edgy game
>just the characters that were dumb and edgy
>>
>>175430629
Funny. But the latter means that devs showed sufficiently that they didn't agree with the thoughts/speech of the characters. Something like the characters putting their ideas into practice, and that directly leading to their own downfall. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to do it, ranging from ham fisted to quite compelling.
>>
File: uh.png (32KB, 376x306px) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
32KB, 376x306px
>>175424947
>Having depression makes you edgy
>>
>>175432406
wait just a minute

is this a reference of some sort
>>
File: 1481343812869.gif (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1481343812869.gif
7KB, 645x773px
>>175433498
>I'm no longer allowed to use JoJo reaction images, let alone mention JoJo at all without this meme following me

normies ree
>>
WHAT TO PLAY
1 Game dev instead
2-4 >>175323687
5-7 That one card game(?) with the cartoony style that wasn't even posted in this thread
8-0 >>175333181
>>
>>175436730
>That one card game(?) with the cartoony style that wasn't even posted in this thread
Card City Nights?
>>
>>175437359
That's the one
>>
File: Untitled.png (116KB, 1742x995px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
116KB, 1742x995px
What the fuck is this. What the fuck have I gotten myself into.
>>
>>175438094
Wow, that looks like it was really poorly translated.
Like, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyzP2M8VMFM kind of poorly translated.
Do you know if it's intentional, or...?
>>
>>175438094
this game was definitely made by a slimophile
>>
>>175424947
It's good enough for /trash/ meaning it's as good as Haydee
>>
>>175438279
It's intentional. Cause you're playing as a Slime.
Enemies are humans who look like zombies and They drop meat when you take a bite out of them.
I thought knowing would change my world-view, but it just gave me a chance to attack up to 4 extra times at the cost of a bunch of stats getting a relatively minor decrease.
>>
>>175392920
>best ship
lol jeez
>>
>>175438334
It was actually made for GC Jam 3 (Slim Jam) over on Itch. As to whether or not the creator also has a slime fetish, I cannot say.
>>
File: 1473478028926.jpg (20KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473478028926.jpg
20KB, 480x480px
>>175207518
I just got this game and everything is great until the frame rate starts dropping to like 10fps at times. PC is not a problem since I have a goddamn 1080 and a 6700k. I went into the forums and the dev says that he COULD port the game to a fucking engine that works but it is too expensive so he won't do it. The worst part is that these problems started after I clocked 2 hours into the game so I can't refund it. What a fucking waste of money.
>>
File: 1486399438901.gif (401KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
1486399438901.gif
401KB, 300x444px
>be me
>playing a game i bought some time ago
>i am having a perfect run with a character thats main strength is that he can run fast and i think i have a chance of beatting the final boss
>enter room and get a slow curse
ok
>it spawns champion versions of enemies that fire homing shots and are only vulnerable during their attack
>there is like 8 of them
>die
>>
Holy crap, doggos in Battle Bros are great. They're crappy at dealing with armored guys, but once you hammer away the armor, dogs tear shit up.

Just be careful. They're fragile and can be killed easily, which can fuck with your team's morale.
>>
>>175442348
Shields are weird.

When enemies have them they're like these unavoidable walls that you have to tear down with axes.

When I have them, anything and everything goes around em. Wat.
>>
File: sexy boy.jpg (127KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sexy boy.jpg
127KB, 1080x1080px
>>175442415

I like giving my guys flail specialty.
The helmet tends to have less capacity to absorb damage than the armor does.

So you get a flail specialist, and use a morning star to whack a bad guy in the head with your flail. This usually destroys the helmet in one or two hits. Against brigands, I've managed to one-shot them when they have a shield, but no helmet at all.

I haven't got anybody at a high enough level yet, but I think I'm going to give my hammer specialists that feat that reduces enemy morale anytime you do at least one point of damage, since hammer attacks automatically do at least 10 points of damage.

Also, don't forget that the basic spear attack has a +20% chance to hit.
>>
>>175432406
I didn't actually play the game, just read words here on /indie/ lol
>>
File: f822b1af26db2bde4d27df82f32f990a.png (472KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
f822b1af26db2bde4d27df82f32f990a.png
472KB, 1024x768px
>>175424947
People talking about politics in the game are probably some /pol/ or /v/ autists pushing their tinfoil agenda
It's never the focus of the game, all story arcs except the main one revolve around characters and their interaction

I'd agree on criticism like underdevelopment of some characters, slow pacing at some points, lack of gameplay (it's walking sim with a few pointless mini-games)
>>
File: 1476042542225.jpg (290KB, 1125x681px) Image search: [Google]
1476042542225.jpg
290KB, 1125x681px
>>175442667
>>
>>175448603
(cont.)

I've also seen someone complaining about how unlikable protagonist is and they couldn't play the game because of it, but that's a bit weird because that's the premise of the game to a degree.

There's been complains about not very good main plot and abrupt ending, which is also kinda true. It seems that devs managed to fail all possible deadlines with the game, because on release it was obvious that it's missing a lot of content (achievements that are impossible to trigger, unfinished unreachable rooms, missing baker characters, etc.).

It's mostly boils down if you like it's writing in the end or not. Personally, I enjoyed it. Game puts a lot of effort into familiarizing you with it's characters, way more effort than most games, so you kinda start caring about them a lot.
>>
File: 1487814086124.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487814086124.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>175451140
>>
>>175417190
yes
>>
>>175451214
>implying calling people who hated the game "/pol/ or /v/ autists with a tinfoil agenda" was any better
Okay.
>>
>>175424947
People defending the game are probably some tumblr or reddit autists pushing their SJW agenda
It's always the focus of the game, all story arcs except the main one revolve around characters being oppressed and their interactions with a cruel world.

Everyone will agree on criticism like some characters being CIS and therefore neglected, boring crap often, shitty gameplay (it's walking sim)
It's just "Gone Home : The Plight of the Poor Faggot", but Furry Edition.
>>
>>175451830
It's actually closer to "poor cityboy meets redneck hickstown".
>>
>>175451494
Nah, people can hate or dislike the game, everyone has different tastes. I even brought up weak points of the game that have been brought up.
But spouting how this game is about communism or social justice is literal autism, because it's not even in the game and based on some 4chan hearsay.
>>
>>175453757
You lost all credibility right at the beginning, when you said that people who hated it were "probably some /pol/ or /v/ autists pushing their tinfoil agenda".
Blame yourself for shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
>>175451830
Stop browsing /pol/ and its other subreddits. It is clouding your mind.
It's justa fucking game.
>>
>>175454832
Not an argument.
>>
>>175454142
Dude look at this shit >>175451830
This has nothing to do with videogames quality and all about you getting your mind fucked by rightwing trolls.
>>
>>175454934
THANK YOu
You just keep spouting more and more memes from the rightwing shitholes because you are not able to have any thoughts that are not about your brainwashed political "opinion".
>>
>>175449002
>. It seems that devs managed to fail all possible deadlines with the game, because on release it was obvious that it's missing a lot of content (achievements that are impossible to trigger, unfinished unreachable rooms, missing baker characters, etc.).
Wasn't it a timed ps4 edxclusive? Could have been sony breathing into their neck to release it and they foolishly followed.
>>
>>175455091
>>175455183
Not arguments. Just more personal attacks.
Typical SJW behaviour.
>>
>>175455183
"not an argument" is useful shorthand for "you didn't say anything that directly counters anything I said.

Writing it off as a meme is a pretty weak kneejerk reaction. It's also coincidentally not an argument.
>>
C-could we just shitpost about indies instead
>>
>>175455574
That's what we allowed SJWs to do, and now he's spamming the thread with inane "if you disagree with me you're a nazi poltard trump supporter" comments.
>>
>>175455278
>Wasn't it a timed ps4 edxclusive?
I don't think so, iirc both PC and PS4 versions were released in same week
Devs went to GDC shortly after the release, so they probably wanted to have it up on the store before they leave, dunno
>>
File: 1489506373908.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489506373908.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
>>175455574
Get a LOAD of this guy
>>
>>175455574
Let's talk about obscure games.

I like Deus Ex.
>>
>>175455574
Fuck Styg for not including spears in the DLC. I'm going to boycott the game (nevermind I hadn't purchased it in the first place).
>>
>>175456936
>this is the kind of devs SJWs love
Disgusting.
>>
>>175456812
Too obscure! How can we talk about games nobody has played?
>>
>>175458003
Fine, let's talk about Pacman! It should be obscure enough.
I actually never played it, but I played a bootleg version once, that added a snake, and had trees spawning on the map, that you could devour for bonus points. The goal was to eat the snake's tail, and eating it would count as a super gum and scare the ghosts.
>>
What do I have to do to become a successful indie developer?
>>
>>175458439
Depends on what "successful" means to you
>>
>>175458653
Something like Amon26
>>
>>175458653
Not him, but I would define successful indie as:
it pays the bills and lets you keep making games without publisher monies.
>>
File: 1447601760979.jpg (69KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
1447601760979.jpg
69KB, 604x340px
>wake up
>this again

The ending to NITW is literally "old working-class midwestern Americans that have had their industry dry up and taken over by globalist commercialism align with the devil to try and revitalize their old way of life but are stopped by the new generation that are also being choked by the old generation's desperate clinging to that tradition", and considering the references to 'bashing the fash" here and there in the game, it's pretty forced and willfully ignorant to not see that it's supposed to a statement to parallel the current political situation in middle America.

However it is also retarded to insist the entire game is bluntly about that kind of stuff, because it's not, there's a ton of apolitical stuff that's purely relatable character development and interaction or supernatural Lovecraft shit that I thought ranged from good to beautiful. It's not at all just some "SJW" game in the slightest but it's also not fucking alt-right /pol/tard to point out or criticize the specks of political messages clearly in the game.

tl;dr: Both sides are stupid, everyone is stupid except me, the centrist. Also NITW is a beautiful painting unfortunately marred by intentional little smears that don't ruin it by any means but are still there.
>>
>>175459213
I will never stop loving that image. Makes me wish fansubbing wasn't dead.
>>
Is there any way in Rimworld to see an item's stats BEFORE crafting it? I'd like to know if it's worth wasting ressources on short bows or if I should keep using the survival weapons I have.
>>
>>175458993
That's probably impossible without some luck and/or proper marketing
It's like becoming a successful independent artist/successful independent musician

>>175459213
>willfully ignorant to not see that it's supposed to a statement to parallel the current political situation in middle America
I don't even live in America, why am I supposed to be aware about it's political nuances
>>
>>175459770
I meant more it's willfully ignorant to insist there's not political nuance at all, not that it's specifically American. You could extrapolate it to England or to a way lesser extent France, too, I guess.
>>
Laser pistols are so shit compared to other e-pistols
>electroshock and plasma deal way more damage
>electroshock has CC and hits mutiple enemies
>plasma is a one shot wonder, can even one shot the last boss if you can get a execute crit
>both electroshock and plasma can get to 800%+ crit damage with a Circular Wave Amplifier + Critical Power
>with a infused rathound leather armor, seeker lens googles, some drugs and feats you can get to 75%+ crit chance with both plasma and electroshock

what the laser pistol has going with it?, lower AP usage?
that means jackshit if you're one shotting everything in your path like you should once you get critical power
>>
File: git gud.png (115KB, 307x451px) Image search: [Google]
git gud.png
115KB, 307x451px
>>175459543
Wiki it? Or use common sense, obviously bolt-action rifles are way better than bows. I wouldn't bother with tribal anything if you didn't start as a tribe.

IMO survival rifles and sniper rifles are the best of all options, but I'm always biased towards long-range weaponry in vidya. And in the end, defensive area setup is way more important than choice of weapons or pawn skills.
>>
>>175460110
I just have a giant boner for bows, but there's no way of telling if shortbows are better than greatbows, DPS-wise.
In other games, shortsbows are usually better because they're quicker to use, while greatbows are slower.

And ultimately, I want to creat a phalanx with a first line wearing spears, and a second line using bows.
Too bad there's no shield in Rimworld, that would be really fun to pull a 300 by forcing the enemy down a corridor and raining arrows on them.
>>
>>175448603
Hourly /pol/ obsession post
>>
>>175460241
Unfortunately for your plans, Rimworld is tactical shooter with mostly firearms, some scifi weapons and zerg rushing tribals.

Good use of terrain is the most important factor in combat and preparing proper killzones makes any raid easy to handle. Archaic formations and tactics would only get you killed, sorry.
>>
>>175460809
Well, fuck. At least I apparently can go Dune with the shields, but that's waaaaaaaay later.

Also, found how to check the details of a thingy before crafting it. Now I just need to make a caravan and sell all that crap I stockpiled.
Also found out that having food in a separate stockpile makes it easier to keep it frozen, and that I'm not supposed to keep meals ready.
>>
>>175459770
>That's probably impossible without some luck and/or proper marketing
Indeed, the latter is required for any indie dev.
You need as much coverage as you can humanly get. You have to push your shit to game journos, gaming communities and other nasty places.

Being a lone indie dev is hard work, much more than just programming games.
>>
>>175392920
I'm making another one of these today. Is it too spammy if I post it again?
>>
>>175461489
>3 OC posts in 2 days
>spammy
lol wut

Just keep posting!
>>
>>175461587
Aight! I have it scripted now, I just need to get footage and edit it and shit.

In the uh meantime come watch my shitty XCOM Let's Play but without upgrading weapons and on the highest difficulty and edited a fuckton https://youtu.be/41OI0jmifvI
>>
Welp.

I thought I found how to raise item's levels in Rimworld, but no. Despite billing an item to be created as good, I still got a shoddy duster.
>>
>>175462824
That bill will keep creating items until someone makes the good stuff. Limit the workstation/bill by worker skill to ensure noobs won't try crafting crap.
>>
>>175463096
Ha shit.

I thought it raised the amount of work (and thus the crafting time) in exchange for a better quality.

Also.
>had teacher freaking out because of psychic droning that almost drove her mad
>got some luciferium and flake from a raider
>try flake
>it works, it raised her mood
>she's now addicted
>burn my stock to force her into withdrawal
>give her a smokeleaf joint to calm her down
>now addicted to flake and smokeleaf
Hey, hobbits are always smoking that shit and they're awwwright!
>>
>have my artisan crafting a joint for the teacher in flake withdrawal
>everyone make a beeline to it
>including a girl who's always happy and doesn't need it
FOR FUCK
>>
>>175464245
About time to set your drug use rules properly.
>>
>>175460074
I never actually thought about it but you seem to be right.

Plasma pistol is pretty much a little (somewhat retarded) brother of the sniper rifle while electroshock is good for CC and AoE damage. They both have something unique about them.

Laser pistol on the other hand is very much like standard firearms pistols since there really isn't anything unique about it.

Pic related is a comparsion between 120 quality frame 9mm Neo Luger an 120 quality laser emitter/energy core laser pistol. If we compare them, laser pistol:

Has the same AP cost (after Gunslinger reduction that brings the Neo Luger from 25 to 22)

Has the same range/optimal range

Has the same bonus to precision

Has the same magazine capacity (well technically the laser pistol has 0.19512 more but come on now)

Disadvantages:

Deals less damage (20 average vs. 28.5 average, that's 8.5 difference, 24.64 difference with 272 gun skill, that's how much you have at lvl 25 with 16 PER)

Has very high impact speed so is much less effective against shields

Has 1% crit chance less

Doesn't have any special ammo types

Can only use one weapon mod as opposed to two Neo Luger gets

Vulnerable to EMPs

Can't use Rapid Shot

Doesn't get the initative bonus from Gunslinger

Advantages:

Deals energy damage which is less commonly resisted, but still resisted by metal armors where it usually matters the most

Deals 10% crit damage more

Can deal significantly more crit damage with Practical Physicist and an amplifier (but really, you would just go plasma if you wanted to do that)

Is worth more I guess

So yeah, overall, it sucks. The damage is way too low to reach the one-shot potential plasma has so more shots/turn is irrelevant. It's a shame.

con.
>>
File: comp.png (201KB, 920x574px) Image search: [Google]
comp.png
201KB, 920x574px
>>175460074
I forgot the pic, silly me.

>with a infused rathound leather armor, seeker lens googles, some drugs and feats you can get to 75%+ crit chance with both plasma and electroshock
Woah, easy there.

5% Base crit chance of plasma pistols
7% Recklessness
15% Steadfast Aim
15% Focus stim
15% Seeker googles at 120 quality (you probably could go higher tho, maybe one % or two)
12% 150 quality infused rathound leather armor (you won't goany higher)

That's 69%, possibly 7-71with better goggles. You ain't even near 75.
>>
>>175465809
survival instincts
>>
>>175466626
Yeah I think technically you can do that and reach 100% under 30% health, but getting 9 CON is a big sacrifice here. So is running around below 30% HP.
>>
>>175467094
it evens out

100% crit chance is way better than anything you "sacrifice" for it and hp is not an issue lategame
>>
>>175468084
>hp is not an issue lategame
It definetly is. I mean it's not if you savescum, but neither is 70% chance as opposed to 100%.
>>
>>175468561
you dont get it, do you

i dont need to savescum when i get reliable crits all day erryday

you still have over 100hp at around 30% which is enough to keep me alive in the rare case something gets a chance to attack me, hits me AND goes partially through shield
>>
>>175468932
and if i ever need more hp buffer i just start the fight at full hp and enjoy the tide turning from rape when it hits 30%
>>
File: Comparsion.png (32KB, 399x590px) Image search: [Google]
Comparsion.png
32KB, 399x590px
>>175468932
Ten bucks says you will die to Carnifex 9 out of 10 times.

And I didn't take "the 9 out of 10 times" out of my ass either, I actually did the math.

Other than that, top tier shield isn't going to protect your from melee/crossbows, psi, molotovs, etc. It's very likely any sort of stun/incapacitation/immobilization and psi will make short work of you. Believe me, I had it happen with more than 100 HP.

Guranteed crits sound nice on paper, but in reality 7 crits in 10 hits is almost the same. I wouln't give up 300+ HP for it.

>>175469053
That's an option, but it kinda defeats the point. But yeah, that would work out much better.
>>
File: 1491132724719.jpg (29KB, 430x350px) Image search: [Google]
1491132724719.jpg
29KB, 430x350px
>>175469795
>tfw you have to wait for that long fucking introduction just to get insta-buttfucked by Carnifex
>>
>>175471802
If I remember correctly the game makes an autosave right after the intro now.
>>
Help my people are retarded.
>"wow im bored"
>"let disturb the prisoner who's on the verge of snapping"
>>
File: IMG_8391.gif (173KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8391.gif
173KB, 500x254px
What do y'all think of the Lisa fan games? Mainly Pointless and Hopeful. Normally fan games are pretty ass, but Pointless is in a lot ways better than Painful, I just wish it wasn't so difficult for a first playthrough.
>>
One thing that bothers me about Underrail are the achievements on Steam.

Not that I particularly care about them in the first place but almost all of them are just generic "do x y times". There is far more potential here.

Or are they just supposed to be feedback?
>>
>>175475430
>Or are they just supposed to be feedback?
Probably.

Fuck achievements anyway, it's pure fucking cancer. It would be at least tolerable if you could opt out of it, but most games on Steam are not DRM-free, so you can't do shit about it.
>>
>>175475430
In a perfect world it wouldn't have any. Cheevos are a cancer that has been gnawing at vidya for far too long. They're either a content checklist, a grind checklist or a mix of both.

The word "achievement" is a horrible misnomer that really triggers my autism. At its core the name is all about some sort of sad participation trophy mentality. WOW CONGRATULATIONS YOU COMPLETED THE TUTORIAL, HERE HAVE A TROPHY
>>
File: 20170430185647_1.jpg (551KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170430185647_1.jpg
551KB, 1920x1080px
RIP Sienna. You had the best stuff and were sturdy as fuck, but sometimes it's not enough to survive a red fox.

Your stupidity and willingness to go frolicking by yourself was your demise. You dumb bitch.
>>
File: 20170430185251_1.jpg (1MB, 1271x807px) Image search: [Google]
20170430185251_1.jpg
1MB, 1271x807px
Also, when something has "boom" in its name, it means to not go punch it in the dick.
>>
File: AutismBeavers.png (493KB, 960x421px) Image search: [Google]
AutismBeavers.png
493KB, 960x421px
who /rwg/ here

dont let our memes die with the general
>>
>>175480354
Rimworld has memes?
>>
>>175441453
>have toaster
>game runs perfectly
>Have mustard race PC
>game runs like shit
Pottery!
>>
File: 0J6kZOI.jpg (17KB, 848x77px) Image search: [Google]
0J6kZOI.jpg
17KB, 848x77px
>>175477402
> At its core the name is all about some sort of sad participation trophy mentality. WOW CONGRATULATIONS YOU COMPLETED THE TUTORIAL, HERE HAVE A TROPHY
It wasn't always like this and still isn't in some games. Achievements like these are mostly feedback to see how many players reached a certain point in the game.

I'm talking about real achievements that are simply hard to reach goals.

Plenty of things that could be actual achievements in Underrail, like killing Tchort in one hit, joining a particular secret organization, collecting all oddities in the game, hell even solving the mutagen puzzle.
>>
>>175481169
I remember Team Fortres 2 and how fun the achievements were. They helped me figure out how to use the pyro's airblast or when to use the ubercharge.

Too bad most of them are "kill 200 guys in the air".
>>
>>175481169
Achievements should be actual challenges and not handed out for just playing the game. Just starting the game shouldn't be one whereas finishing the game in x amount of time or low % should be.
>>
File: notreallyrelatedtorogueatall.jpg (116KB, 971x517px) Image search: [Google]
notreallyrelatedtorogueatall.jpg
116KB, 971x517px
Anyone here played this game? Any good? It looks kind of interesting but it's hard to tell how good these types of games are without playing them for a while
>>
>>175481790
Well that's pretty much what I said. Those that are handed out just for playing are just feedback.
>>
>>175481957
Welp, this is why I don't wake up before noon if I can help it.

>>175481914
>roguelike brawler
First I've heard of this.
>>
>mfw I just discovered vents in Rimworld
A shame they're made out of steel.
>>
File: 1486146044681.png (37KB, 293x208px) Image search: [Google]
1486146044681.png
37KB, 293x208px
I am here to beg for tabletop simulator.
>>
After constantly checking the feedbacks on Expeditions: Vikings I decided I wait until the developers get rid of the of the bugs. As the game is plagued with them. Yes, even after 1.0.1.

And the devs were aware of that. Funny how they admitted on release the British campaign is (was?) a trainwreck. Fortunately, most players never went that far. Mostly because of the bugs.

>after three rounds of closed beta testing and a month of intense internal QA, we thought we'd fixed all quest bugs. We were clearly wrong.

No shit, Sherlock. The planned 1.0.2 doesn't even have a list of concrete goals, it's a long "wait until we fix all the game breaking bugs you've reported" text. Seems my precaution was justified.

Meanwhile, only 70% of the reviews are positive around 200 Steam reviews. It started around 95% after release (though w/ negligible user sample), dropped to 85% like a day ago then here we are.

All in all, it needs a month or so to be playable without major issues. At least. Regardless how long it takes, I refuse to play it until it's done both technically and gameplay-wise. It'd spoil the experience.
>>
>>175483998
I am here to laugh at you.
>>
>>175485201
>waiting until games are finished before starting playing
What's wrong with you? Are you infected with Common Sense or something?
>>
Don't die, thread.
>>
>>175481169
To be perfectly honest if the game absolutely must have this shit I'd rather have Underrail keep these cop-out statistic achievements than incentivize people to do any of those things because achievements told them to.
>>
>>175456936
Wow what a faggot.
>>
>>175488909
What was it?
>>
>>175490503
That photo.
>>
>>175490503
Just some deranged indie dev tweeting his about his mental illness, you're better off now knowing.
>>
>>175490503
A bunch of tweets from the LISA developer.

He hates whites and being white.
>>
>>175490913
>>175491140
What the fuck.
>>
>>175491264
That's what happens when you use twitter.
>>
>>175491140
Thanks for telling me this now before I buy his fucking game on sale
>>
>>175491341
I've been using twitter for a while and all I posted were lamed XPS pictures and ranting about stuff I can't find on Youtube.

And how I lost my copy of Diablo 2.
>>
>>175491449
You've been using it all wrong!
>>
>>175491616
Oh, right. I've also been posting that racist supremacist meme, Pepe The Frog, and the A-Okay sign.
>>
>>175491445
If you really want to play it, pirate it.
>>
I hated Rogue Legacy
I don't like monster closets/Serious Sam
I probably won't like Immortal Redneck. From what I hear there's so much grinding and RNG it artificially lengthens the game by at least a dozen hours
>>
>>175475801
>>175477402
There is nothing wrong with achievements
>>
>>175492836
>I don't like Serious Sam
You better explain yourself or I will hurt you emotionally.
>>
>>175491445
You're missing out. Only a mentally ill individual could make a game that good, and there's no actual trace of PTS Austin in the game.
>>
>>175492836
>I don't like Serious Sam
You deserve a punishment.
>>
>>175496614
I didn't like it either, monster arena stuff gets too repetitive
>>
>>175492836
>>175496968
Faggot.
>>
>>175496968
Second Encounter was the worst to that regard, but the others were more or less okay.
>>
I have a pretty dumb question regarding Rimworld.

Rather than putting a ventilation system that takes the heat from my food stockpile to put it outside, won't it be simpler if I build some kind of antechamber, and fill it with passive cooler? Like, I dunno, some kind of airlock?
>>
>>175501964
Nah. Your freezer is going to need active cooling and generally speaking airlocks are a waste of time, space and effort. Just place your freezer so there's one *fast* door (wooden autodoors are the fastest iirc) for people grabbing food and another into the kitchen and make sure people don't walk through it for no reason. The kitchen will function kinda like an airlock, having a lower temperature than other rooms, but with an airlock on the main traffic entrance won't help much.
>>
File: 529110_20170430222436_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
529110_20170430222436_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Awkward Dimensions Redux is a pretty good dreamwalking sim. I really like having FPS movement for this tpye of genre. It is a dream diary which makes it rather personal so avoid it if that makes your blood boil.
>>
File: 20170430232549_1.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170430232549_1.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>175502939
You misunderstand.
I mean, the cooler works by balancing the temperature between two room, so if I make sure that the other room is always at 15 degrees celsius, the cooler won't take as much power as before to keep the food frozen?
>>
File: 20170430234759_1.jpg (631KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170430234759_1.jpg
631KB, 1920x1080px
Nevermind.

One of my pawn, who was doing okay despite being in withdrawal, suddenly became catatonic.
At the same moment, another pawn, without any reason, decided to set everything on fire while all the valid pawns were out.

So I guess I lost the game. And I'll have to research everything again.
>>
>>175504783
Oh, sorry. Nope, that does nothing. Just vent the heat outdoors or whatever.

The power use depends only on the difference between target temperature and the cooler room temperature. It switches to almost no power drain when the target temp is reached.

Some general cooler room considerations
- undermountain tiles have more stable temperature than artificially roofed
- thicker walls (or better materials) insulate better
- bigger rooms with bigger heat capacity stay cool longer (solar flares etc)
- it is better to make the room cooler than necessary for the above reason, also covers temp fluctuations from foot traffic spikes
- it is more power efficient to use more coolers than you need, they can stay on standby power most of the time and cool the room faster when needed
>>
>>175187779
Didn't this game have like some sequel?
>>
>>175191582
Was Dream Machine any good? I have the first chapter and I wasn't sure if I should just avoid it or give it a go after that chapter. Ill probably play the one I have but I don't know if it would be a good idea to get invested incase the later ones are bad.
>>
>>175193303
What in the world am I looking at and why doesn't it look like off, with it looking more like just a standard RPG maker game with a filter and random off characters?
>>
>>175511180
Fanmade games, they're shit
>>
>>175204969
I remember liking the DS game but I have no god damn idea what I was doing aside from escivating fossils and feeding my chao like monsters crystasl and playing with them. That and I remember liking the combat but remembering ranged monsters were so much better than regular ones.
>>
>>175511252
What fangame though? I tlooks hilariously bad.
>>
>>175510859
Yes there was de blob 2.
>>
>>175509268
>that does nothing
Ha, dammit, that worked on paper.

>undermountain tiles have more stable temperature than artificially roofed
>thicker walls (or better materials) insulate better
Good to know.
>bigger rooms with bigger heat capacity stay cool longer (solar flares etc)
Yeah, but smaller rooms are easily to keep cool.

>>175511180
Fangames.

>>175511467
Finish, Continue, and something else.
>>
>>175511050
Was there even any dreamwalking in the first chapter? The game picks up a lot with chapters and gets really good.
>>
>>175474494
Escape from detrot best fangam
>>175511696
Was it good though? I rmemeber it getting middling to bad reviews?
>>
http://desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/wsg/image/1491/40/1491409406730.webm
live footage of a lizard catching a slugcat
>>
>>175512075
>retard laughing in the distance
>>
>>175512075
no
>>
>>175511893
I have no idea. Never played either myself.
>>
>>175511823
>Yeah, but smaller rooms are easily to keep cool.
Small food stockpiles are also a good way to lose whenever you get toxic fallout, nuclear winter, solar flare or any other such event. Be prepared for everything!
>>
>>175512652
>nuclear winter
volcanic winter*
>>
>>175512652
Fuck that shit I'm playing sandbox.
>>
>>175497323
>>175496614
>>175493249
Serious Sam is a garbage franchise. It's mindless garbage compared to Doom and Duke Nukem. SS doesn't even hold a candle to Power Slave. The weapons are boring, the gunplay feels like ass, and the actual combat is repetitive and simplistic. Any positive opinion on this mediocre franchise is borne of pure nostalgia or Sambabbies who think it's good just because it's a retro shooter and /v/eddit said they should worship every single one or else they're a cawadoody loving casual.
Pathetic.
>>
>>175513456
What a shitty bait.
>>
File: 1493226395155.jpg (150KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493226395155.jpg
150KB, 674x960px
rpgmaker horror game The Witch's House is getting a manga. Anyone excited?
>>
>>175513687
>if it goes against the hive mind it's bait
¡Hola Reddito!
>>
>>175513826
See >>175370659
>>
>>175513456
Serious Sam is a retro shooter? lol wut
>>
>>175513976
Just report and ignore the retard. Don't feed him (You).
>>
File: 20170430223859_1.jpg (102KB, 441x494px) Image search: [Google]
20170430223859_1.jpg
102KB, 441x494px
Ha shit.

Rimworld has one big problem : research is REALLY slow and it's a pain in the ass to research everything again.
>>
>>175370659
why
>>
>>175516257
>"hey, you know that cute girl that you did your best to keep alive?"
>"well, she's actually a complete bitch who cut her own leg, gouged her eyes out, manipulated a sweet, innocent child into taking her body, and then mutilated her throat so that she couldn't even scream, and then gave her soul to a demon, just for teh lulz XD"
>>
>>175516257
Not that guy but the game is rather flawed. The puzzles are all about how to not die and are mostly guessing work.
The secret true ending easily put thegame from mehok to holy shit this was nice.
>>
File: C8lazhKXUAAayQ1.jpg (33KB, 881x327px) Image search: [Google]
C8lazhKXUAAayQ1.jpg
33KB, 881x327px
Are there any promising point and clicks on the horizon right now? Or do we just have to wait for the Thimbleweed team to do a follow up?
>>
>>175520362
Maybe Mage's Initiation will be a decent QfG-clone. At least I hope so.

But sadly I don't know of anything else that's even moderately close to releasing. Even the makers of Primordia, one of the few good new pncs, are working on an rpg now.
>>
>>175520362
Well I mean we also got Paradigm.
>>
>>175513826
I'm kind of interested but I don't think Witch House was good story-wise
>>
>>175522160
Except for the plot twist at the end, it was very meh.
>>
File: 1484229607916.jpg (159KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484229607916.jpg
159KB, 1280x960px
>>175456936
>tfw mods always delete the image but never warn/ban me
???
>>
>>175511180
Name is "Continue/Stop/Rise". It's intended to be a sequel picking up where OFF stopped.

And frankly, it's crap, for the following reasons :
>it fails to emulate OFF's atmosphere, Elsens feel like generic RPG NPCs,
>the characters all feel off, with the batters being blabbermouths,
>I said the batters in plural because they replace the add-ons, and since they have personalities, you basically have Batter talking with Ghost Batter (literally Dedan) and Bad Batter (literally Japhet but with duck jokes),
>it's poorly balanced, as it fucks with your party by forcing a very hard fight very early against 8 endgame enemies before you can even get familiarized with your characters, and then it splits up your party, leaving you alone with a character you're not familiar with (the Bad Batter),
>the story is not interesting.
>all the original characters (shopkeeper, bad batter, ghostbatter) feel out of place and the sprites are ugly, the bad batter's walking animation has to be seen to be believed.

Avoid it. It's crap.
>>
>>175524442
What was it?
>>
>>175388475
what in the fucking world does that have anything to do with calling FarCry 3 skyrim with guns. They even admitted the reason they said that was just to have something to say about the game that would appeal to a broad demographic. That was entirely the point I think, nothing more.
>>
>>175388475
You having an episode?
>>
>>175528240
I don't see whats wrong with calling that game Skyrim with guns anyway, other than the fact this was originally disparaging remark to Fallout 3. The phrase accurately sums up the majority of open world AAA kusoge that Ubisoft and some other publishers have been churning out for half a decade.
>>
>>175526783
Get 4chan my friend
>>
>>175526783
>>175530063
4chanX I think he means...
>>
>>175526783
Austin Jorgensen's (creator of LISA) autistic tweets about how he hates being white. Oh, and he (being a proper SJW-esque indie developer slash wannabe social media activist) also insults his own fan base, but this should go without saying anyway.
>>
>>175461713
>he says, before spending the entire day playing World of Tanks and Ace Combat

"Oops"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrdRZ1uFTbo&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>175532718
>that bitch RNG
>immediate about-face

These are funny, keep posting
>>
>>175532718
>he actually pulled off no tp mantis b
WEW lad
>>
>>175532718
>no tp mantis b
>meanwhile I never won a single run
Fuck that game.
>>
>TFW been playing Realm Grinder (Idle clicker shit in the vein of Cookie Clicker)
>TFW Ascension
I was unprepared for this.
>>
File: Spoilernice.png (84KB, 542x413px) Image search: [Google]
Spoilernice.png
84KB, 542x413px
Hey everyone, it's been a while.
Just wanted to say that the update is very nearly done and ready to be released. I am finishing up the final parts of it, and it should be up very soon.
>>
File: Daemon.png (22KB, 210x190px) Image search: [Google]
Daemon.png
22KB, 210x190px
>>175051905
Heh, sorry to disappoint, but I'm not working on any old lady games at the moment.
>>
File: ghggg.png (33KB, 963x618px) Image search: [Google]
ghggg.png
33KB, 963x618px
Holojam is kinda annoying. Does it get better?
>dumb misspellings everywhere
>main attack has no goddamn sound effect
>walking feels jittery, and it being slow-ish doesn't help
ffffff
>>
>>175539489
Actually, after you give that guy a plushie (spoilers?)and go right directly from the start of the game using the guy's ship, you fight the final boss
remember, the guy who made this had less than a week(?) to complete it for the gamejam
>>
>>175540039
Oh. Jeez.
>>
Bump.
Does anyone have any pixel art requests?
>>
>>175538385
Just in time. I knew I made the right choice in waiting.
>>
>>175206294
JRPGs as we know it are pretty dead, they all made their spinoffs / gib western audience plz games and ran hard with them or stopped making sequels entirely

hopefully dragon quest 11 is some good stuff, gonna go ahead and assume that's coming west
>>
>>175546456
phones are to blame for this
>>
>>175546737
>>175546456
I just think that JRPGs are bad games, they're usually too mindless and I don't care to play them more than one or two times per years (especially if they run long)

I went back to Persona 4 recently and by the time I hit the fourth dungeon I had had enough. The combat's not fun, everything feels sloggish and dull.

The Atelier games hit a slump around Ayesha, especially after Shallie where they got rid of the time management elements, AKA the only thing really interesting about the franchise.

Apparently that latest Neptunia is good but looking it up on YouTube I doubt it's any good.
>>
File: gang.png (44KB, 1872x900px) Image search: [Google]
gang.png
44KB, 1872x900px
Oh shit, did I miss the boat?

I'm working on a JRPG right now...
>>
>>175183331
Last week I saw kumo various OPs: 4x/strategy general, neptunia general etc and even indie general now. I refuse to believe its not the same guy!
>>
>>175547952
Persona 4 has really weak combat / dungeon crawling design though. Shit's barely propped up on music and pizazz. Not sure it's a good example to point towards.
>>
>>175546737
fucking phones not bumping
>>
>>175547952
Stop playing overhyped garbage for weeaboos and casual aaa garbage,
>>
File: 271820_20161129160850_1.png (261KB, 567x633px) Image search: [Google]
271820_20161129160850_1.png
261KB, 567x633px
>>175544757
Can you create this in pixelart?
>>
>>175544757
A really, really big tree.
>>
File: pix.png (9KB, 339x335px) Image search: [Google]
pix.png
9KB, 339x335px
>>175555771
hue
>>
>>175556282
FUCKING
>>
>>175556282
GROSS
>>
>>175531372
>>175524442
Then stop posting it and leave it in /v/
>>
>>175556868
The crux being they'd seem to be happy with the whack-a-mole.
>>
What's the worst indie game you've played? No dev drama, no memes, just honest-to-god awful games.

I need to experience something bad to appreciate the good things.
>>
>>175536008
Got 'em
>>175536617
Reddit's r/ftlgame unironically has good guides
>>175535226
Kek, it was basically my real reaction to that store.

Anyway, any requests for more FTL ships?
>>
>>175558176
Inescapable.
>pretends to be a metroidvania
>no awesome music
>only one weapon
>no mini map
>no map at all, actually
>a few shitty puzzles based on transporting water jar (who get broken very easily)
>enemies all have the same death animation
>most enemies are just recolours of the same shambler
A giant pile of turd.

Oh, and don't you dare criticize the game on the Steam forum.
>>
>>175558176
Any game that is worth less than 20 cents during steam sale.
>>
File: 1489024527059.jpg (53KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
1489024527059.jpg
53KB, 760x570px
>>175558589
>>
>>175558176
Was pretty unimpressed with Thirty Flights of Loving.
>>
>>175558176
Spectraball.
>3D platformer where you control a ball
>With fucking horrible physics
Refunded it with about 2 minutes on the clock.
>>
>>175558176
Brilliant Bob
I saw it was 20 cents during a sale and thought why not after how awesome Squishy the suicidal pig was for even less money.
Unity starter, harbage controls, garbage plattforming physics, garbage camera, unlikeable character, ps1 shovelware leveldesign.
>>
>>175558176
There's a lot of no-effort turds on Steam now, so it's not hard to find shitty games in the store, though I in general avoid buying & playing them.

Though I got fooled once by screenshots and bought Solar Shifter EX (it looked nice), but the has all the typical "shit unity project" issues, from settings in the launcher, bad camera, bad controls, bad everything. It even looks ugly in-game because models are all static and they don't even move normally and instead has some very jerky movement.

I also have a list of Steam games I didn't like but not necessary every game on the list is bad.

>>175559297
Oh, it's one of those "fake games". It's basically slapped together from unity stubs in a month to make profit off Steam card economy. Same dev/publisher team published around 30 or 40 games on Steam in 2 years. You can only imagine how productive they are.
>>
>>175561192
>Action 52 : Steam Edition
>>
>>175561384
Someone should collect as many of these shit games as possible, then make a torrent named Steam 52 that has a custom shitty launcher that lists them all with no description.
They wouldn't even have to rename them with garbled titles, most of them sound weird anyway.
>>
>>175562476
And then we pressure Youtubers into playing them by telling them it's the last fad!
That's evil and I like it!
>>
>>175562476
This would be easily filled with the banned kusoge
>>
>>175561192
>Oh, it's one of those "fake games". It's basically slapped together from unity stubs in a month
>month
That's a lot of time for a kusoge shovelware producer.

You can turn Unity assets in a day with certain game creator (forget which name they go by) kits.

A month would be how long it'd take to create OC shovelware from the ground up. Not sure that'd be worth it.
>>
>>175563258
Wasn't there a game like that where you play a loli and go around stealing clothes or something?
>>
>>175564295
Sounds lewd. Tell us more about this.
>>
>>175564337
That's all I remember. I saw the outrage on Youtube, all the nu-males cucks crying about how it completely objectified women and stuff, and the game was removed from Steam.
>>
>>175564431
Kill yourself back to /pol/ with the retard lingo.
>>
File: look.gif (32KB, 368x233px) Image search: [Google]
look.gif
32KB, 368x233px
>>175565293
Let me show you a secret which makes this site tolerable, my child
>>
>>175566065
Tumblr doesn't know how 4chanX works. They just get mad over video games like the good little nu-males they are.
>>
>>175566225
Native 4chan extension also has post hiding functionality.
>>
>>175566369
It only hides one post, not all the outraged retards getting mad that someone calls a cuck a cuck.
>>
>>175566471
It also hides posts automatically when you report them, which is what you should do to anything you bother hiding.
>>
>>175564337
Okay, found it. It's Yohjo Simulator.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/26/barmy-japanese-game-yohjo-simulator-pulled-from-steam/
Of course, the article is very biased, and "forget" to mention that most of the reviews were just people whining about playing a little girls walking by almost naked adults.

It's like that Mass Effect controversia.
>>
File: look.gif (4MB, 401x233px) Image search: [Google]
look.gif
4MB, 401x233px
>>175566225
>>
>>175546456
Dragon Quest games are always gonna get made since they're so popular in Japan, so there's that, at least, Square dips back in every now and then still with stuff like Bravely Default, and there's stuff like Persona 5. There will always be indie games to delve into the genre out of nostalgia, too.

>>175547952
>I just think that JRPGs are bad games
A lot of people don't like JRPGs and that's fine, I don't complain about it because I personally can't stand platformers of any kind with little exception. I find them boring, mindless, repetitive, pointless, and I can't play them for very long if ever Sounds familiar, right
>>
>>175547952
Neptunia's gameplay is extremely shallow yet confusing at the same time, so you end up just grinding, and you don't minmax or anything. The main attraction are the girls.

And before someone accuses me of being a hater, I have all the Neptunia games, so I know what I'm talking about. There is a RPG part, but it's not the main focus. If you don't care about the story or the characters, you're NOT going to have fun.
>>
>>175567085
Everyone I've heard play Neptunia that didn't obsess over the consolegirls said that the games were garbage so I'll back you up on this one
>>
>>175567265
Well, VII massively improved the combat. Compared to the Rebirth games, it's a hundred time better.

The problem is that the Rebirth games are pretty much the bottom of the barrel. So VII (the lastest one, VII for Victory 2) is a massive improvement over the previous games, but compared to a Final Fantasy, it isn't good enough to satisfy someone who only cares about the combat.
>>
>>175565293
>tone policing instead of arguments
Literally why Zandronumpf won
>>
>>175555771
I'd get on it, but it seems someone already beet me to the punch.
Any other ideas?
>>
>>175564295
Yeah, it was goat simulator clone kusoge. It was banned because of a likely staged shot where there's a guy looking at a sleeping loli and some people decided that the only explanation for that scene was loli rape despite there being no implication since the scene is so vague.
>>
>>175555684
Where there any good JRPGs in the past decade?
>>
>kusoge
why use weeb terms for nonweeb games in a nonweeb general
>>
>>175569163
*wehr
>>
>>175569196
Just go back to /v/
>>
File: 1432349321816.png (550KB, 600x605px) Image search: [Google]
1432349321816.png
550KB, 600x605px
>>175568625
how about this blast from the past?
>>
>>175569073
I thought it predated Goat Simulator?
>>
>>175569543
Sshh now, don't ruin the fantasies of a tryhard weeb. His knowledge of japanese games begins when they appear on English markets.
>>
>>175567464
Holy fuck the vita games were a mistake, and I actually like the series. V-II is actually pretty decent but again there are things in it that make you question what the fuck they were thinking, like routes.
>>
>>175569196
Why do non French cooks use terms like gourmet or gourmand? Why do we call the savory, umami? Why do people call FPS egoshooters when those are banned in Germany?
>>
only JRPG I care about at this point is the upcoming FFXII remake
>>
>>175570162
From a story perspective, the arcs in VII are great, it allows character developement.
From a gameplay perspective, it's a fucking mess all over the place as you constantly have to grind to level up, get items, equipement, potions...

My biggest gripes with VII are :
>the random battles on the world map,
>the inability to unequip all discs equipement on a character screen.
Especially the second one, and especially given how often VII fucks with your party.

>what's that? You like your current party?
>lol I'm removing all the main characters, have fun playing with their sisters
>okay, I'm removing the sisters, have the main characters again
It's a fucking mess all over the place, with way too many characters. I especially like that giant fight where you're supposed to have Neptune in your party. In my case, she's been sitting off for hours and was vastly underleveled.
>>
>>175569719
If you have something to say, say it to my face faggot.
There's really no need to be so rude. Maybe it came before but it wasn't even the main point of my post and everything else you wrote is insane projection.
Only a try hard weeb would revel in the fact he knew about some kusoge before those baka gaijin found out about it on steam.
>>
>>175570379
Those are well-established loanwords.

Try again when kusoge appears in English dictionaries.
>>
Anyone looking forward to Dead Cells?

The description sounds memey as FUCK, but the game itself looks interesting imo.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/588650/Dead_Cells/
>>
>>175566737
Honestly, JRPG combat just requires objectively less player input than some western crpgs like D&D based ones, or squad based games like Fallout Tactics or Aarklash.
There's often no positioning, horribly limited move sets, over-reliance on statistical advantage, identical encounters, etc. Many people don't like JRPGs for a reason.
>>
>>175571594
this

Also I watched a Let's Play of a Neptunia game and by god that writing is awful
>>
>>175571397
>RogueVania
>Souls-lite combat
>Death is the new backtracking
I'd buy that maybe 5 years ago
Now this mostly raises some flags for me
>>
>>175571397
>http://store.steampowered.com/app/588650/Dead_Cells/

I have a feeling I could like this if only the dev could describe if without the term "Rogue-lite"
>>
>>175571932
>>175572049
It feels like they just wrote all that to attract as much customers as possible, considering that it's their first game as a studio.

Just being optimistic here, who knows.
>>
>>175565293
not an argument
>>
>>175569196
Because people don't say "shitgame" as one word?
>>
>>175571594
I mean, I literally said it was fine that a lot of people don't like JRPGs, and I'm not denying that many of them have those characteristics, I was just saying that I personally hate a different genre for similar generic reasons I hear about JRPGs like that they're boring and are repetitive, so I don't mind that a lot of people hate the genre I like cause I get it. I like the old systems of JRPGs with menus and stat analysis and crap like that, even if it's horribly outdated and requires less input, but that's just me, others are free to not enjoy them.

Also did you cite Fallout Tactics specifically to avoid citing much better tactics games that just happen to be Japanese like FFT or Tactics Ogre
>>
File: dev_fuel.jpg (82KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
dev_fuel.jpg
82KB, 600x553px
What's a GOOD jrpg that isn't in the OP of these threads?

Actually I should probably check out more of the shit translated by vgperson huh?
>>
>>175572353
Only AAA JRPGs are good
>>
>>175572353
Mana Khemia
>>
>>175571397
>>175572049
>"2D souls-lite combat. No checkpoints"
That's a contradiction. The souls are all about 3D combat and bonfires/lamps.

The dev is definitely a moron.

>>175572353
Paper Mario.
>>
>>175572692
The dev could mean it's souls-like outside of checkpoints
>>
File: ef2007_67.jpg (107KB, 646x505px) Image search: [Google]
ef2007_67.jpg
107KB, 646x505px
>>175572353
I'll always cite Last Scenario and especially Exit Fate as top-tier indie JRPGs.

Last Scenario's fairly generic and you might be put off by the really cliche beginning, but the story opens up and becomes a lot more and a lot better written once you start doing war stuff.

Exit Fate on the other hand plays a ton like Suikoden 2. I actually think Exit Fate is slightly better than Suikoden 2 The character art takes some getting used to for its... not-knowing-what-style-it-wants-to-be, but otherwise it's a really solid game if you're into the Suikoden style of games with tons of character recruiting, 6-person battles, and a story about politics and war and stuff.
>>
>>175566065
this
>>
>>175572613
that's an okay game. good story, while keeping with Gust's tradition of having REALLY weird sideshit.

Mana Khemia 2 is....weird. Not exactly better, not exactly worse.
>>
>>175572783
So it's Souls-like except for the thing that makes the Souls games actually fun and not an annoying piece of turd. Got it.

>>175572887
Oh, these. I read LPs for these, they seemed okay.
>>
File: 1456338281459.png (155KB, 1254x1318px) Image search: [Google]
1456338281459.png
155KB, 1254x1318px
>>175570891
Kusoge is a well established loanword. Appearing in an arbitrary authority doesn't establish shit, it simply recorded what happened long after the fact. Real world usage is what establishes it. The modern usage of philistine took about 100 years to get in dictionaries
>>
>>175573967
"Souls-like" is just a meme at this point Tbh
>>
>>175570578
Yeah, my complaint about the routes included that and it wouldn't even be so bad if the fights were at least worth a damn. And yeah, fuck the constant shifting availability and mandatory 'character must be in this boss fight' in NG+, it's almost as bad as Radiant Dawn. Fuck CH for getting rid of the old makers and introducing new ones that they'll get rid of again.
>>
>>175574093
Yeah. I'm still mad how I get a few EA games because I was trying to get a quick souls fix after finishing the second one and they were shits with nothing to do with Dark Souls except that they were hard.

Nowadays, if some scrub doesn't beat a game on his first try, he'll say "hey its like dark souls".

>>175574125
That too, yeah. They should focus on developping the old characters more and making them more interesting, because IF, Compa and Blanc are shit-tier character that you'll never want in your party if you have a choice.
Plus I hate linear games.
>>
>>175573986
>Kusoge is a well established loanword.

No it's not, it's just a memeterm on 4chan
>>
>>175572335
If you don't enjoy Super Mario Bros 3 you have no soul. Most performers ARE terrible, just like most turnbased J"""RPG""". Tactical JRPGs are one of the few exceptions.
>>
>>175574730
I don't care much for SMB3

I like SMB2, SMW, and Yoshi's Island,
>>
>>175571397
Is there a single rogue lite with actual procedural maps that are also fun and memorable and not just several bland rooms shuffled around for SOTN tier design?
>>
>>175574945
Spelunky?
>>
>>175569361
Different guy here, on it
But going to sleep for a bit
>>
>>175191582
Add Scanner Sombre. It's a walking sim with a little platforming, finished in less than 2 hours.

I hope they release a version where you can actually see the map in itself, I'd love that.
>>
A little bump.

I'll make the next thread soon.
>>
So why do people like undertale? It seems like a medicore game that locks highschoolers in with meme humor
>>
>>175583983
I lovei t because I played it and really enjoyed it. I don't know if it locked me in to meme humour. I'm not really sure what you mean by that
>>
>>175583983
I can only imagine two kinds of people who like undertale. Earthbound fans and hipsters who pretend to play vidya.
>>
>>175583983
Haha, come on. As if you wouldn't like the game if it wasn't popular.
>>
>>175583983
Because it has a lot of characters and pander to the "I want to be subversive and deconstruct video games" audience. And the music is good.

NEW THREAD :
>>175584473
>>175584473
>>175584473
Thread posts: 753
Thread images: 126

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.