[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 757
Thread images: 125

File: Thorman.png (173KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Thorman.png
173KB, 1600x1200px
New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey" further info and teaser:
http://shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfkAh4iZ6o

>Starter guide
http://i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
http://pastebin.com/kHK2a6dR

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
http://pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>OST links
http://pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
http://pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
http://smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
http://pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread: >>175203698
>>
I love megaten!
>>
Asking here because the persona general is cancer incarnate, but what do you think about playing through P5 without ever touching any of the social links?
I haven't started it yet but I keep hearing how broken a lot of them are and how easy the game gets, would playing on Hard and just ignoring social links make it more of a good challenge or just make the game awful to play?
>>
What is persona and shin megami tensei and how are they connected
>>
What are some SMT games where Luck is a really good stat
>>
How the fuck do I beat Izanami in Final? After she uses Diarahan the first time she uses Concentrate, then Smile Charges and uses Megidolaon on the same turn. Then I run out of MP anyway because she uses that shitty curse move and hiroshi doesn't heal nearly enough to be useful

Playing on apocalypse difficulty btw

>>175372560
SLinks are really badly balanced in p5. If you don't use them the game gets tedious but if you use them the game becomes too easy after the 1st palace

Just use them, there's no reason not to and some of them are pretty cool
>>
>>175372560
Hard is sometimes unfair. Confidants aren't as broken as they are made out to seem. You'd have to intentionally grind with confidant levels at are certain point, it doesn't happen by accident. Besides, social links are the point of a persona game.

If you really care about difficulty, download merciless mode.
>>
>>175372560
P5 is about 1/3 dungeon crawling and 2/3 confidant/spending days.

You find it incredibly dull I think if you just focus on a small percentage of the game as a whole.

At any rate most of the confidant perks that break the game are optional.
>>
File: 1493231556536.png (3MB, 960x2149px) Image search: [Google]
1493231556536.png
3MB, 960x2149px
>>175372560
I played the game on Hard and I didn't think there was any OP confidant aside from maybe Strength. There are two certain confidants that are great time savers but they're very much needed since the game loves to waste your time as much as possible and you have to worry about your social stats too.
>>
File: Merkabah.jpg (600KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Merkabah.jpg
600KB, 1000x750px
What does /smtg/ think of the demon redesigns in Apocalypse
>>
>>175372560
Strength and Hermit are the ones that are super broken, if you really want to make the game harder you can just ignore those two.
If you ignore SLinks period you will have almost nothing to do for 2/3 of the game and it will be really fucking boring
>>
>>175372560
Sounds like a horrible idea.

And honestly, the game's difficulty is badly balanced, as most of the game heavily relies in doing All Out Attacks; and if you don't do that, you will be lucky if you survive past the enemy's round.
>>
>>175373483
They're much better. Although I won't miss them if they never come back.

Koga Saburo, Minotaur, Mermaid are the only new designs I'm fond of.
>>
>>175373483
They're okay but I hope they never use them again.
>>
>>175372890
>Debilitate / Venomous Raga
>Luster Candy
>Magaon

>>175373964
>Minotaur
>Mermaid
That's some pretty superb taste you have there anon.
>>
>>175372890
hiroshi attacks = no diarahan
>>
>>175374906
Krishna is after the Cosmic Egg right? Kinda don't want to put off the fight hat long. Also magaon's useless because she smile charges the same turn she uses megidaloan or dark grudge. I am running luster candy but megidolaon does ridiculous damage and cant even miss thanks to smirk, plus she has silent prayer.
>>
Original or Remixed music for P2?
>>
File: Michael.jpg (982KB, 1200x1568px) Image search: [Google]
Michael.jpg
982KB, 1200x1568px
>>175373760
>All Out Attacks
By last third I had regular attacks do more damage, than all out attacks. That shit is ridiculous.
>>175373483
They kinda look too cartoony, I prefer the SMTIV ones. While I cede that all new designes are terribly cluttered, I really hope that SMTV will either retain them, or at the very least make new designs influenced by these. I'm sick and tired of seeing the same old ones reused again and again for over a decade.
>>
>>175372560
P3P was my first megaten game and I dropped the social links because it sounded retarded, then I couldn't reach another level of that boring dungeon and I almost dropped megaten forever.

Only with SMT4 I started liking this franchise, then played all the PS2/DS/3DS games, minus Devil Survivor because it looks like a Persona game.
>>
File: harakiri-ii-clan1.jpg (483KB, 1868x798px) Image search: [Google]
harakiri-ii-clan1.jpg
483KB, 1868x798px
SMT x Edo period
>>
>>175378756
SMT x Kazuki Takahashi
>>
>>175378756
SMT x Okami
>>
>>175373483
>remake a Garo design
>add tits, the rest is the fucking same

Doi is a hack without originality.
>>
>>175378756
SMT x Post Civil-War America
>>
>>175372560
No, use them. The only one I've maxed which I consider broken are Hermit and Strength, Strength especially since the requirements are so fucking easy for it and it grants you no level restriction on fusing so long as you have enough Yen. Although I do think maxing Strength makes the game way more fun.

Hard mode has been unfair at times but overall is pretty mediocre. At best it'll stop you from clearing dungeons in a single day if you're not good enough.
>>
Lets settle this once and for all

Nocturne is not that good and has aged poorly.

Discuss.
>>
So what stats do I level in DDS? I've been currently dumping everything into STR, at 50 now, and since HP doesn't grow with level ups I assume I'd need some VIT; AGI or Luck.
>>
File: 1482233738681.jpg (31KB, 371x330px) Image search: [Google]
1482233738681.jpg
31KB, 371x330px
>>175379981
I agree.
>>
>>175379981
Wrong.
>>175380003
Should've gone MAG instead since Magic defense is tied to it. VIT is fine too I guess.
>>
>>175379981
>Not that good
It's good but overrated
>Aged poorly
Nah
>>
>>175373483
I definitely like the cleaner look.
>>
>>175379981
I think it's fine, I certainly wouldn't mind a remaster with some quality of life improvements but I'd have to actually think about what those should be.
>>
>>175379981
It didn't age at all to be honest. The cellshading and sterile environments make it look great even today and the gameplay is just as solid as the day it came out.
>>
>>175380205
Being able to choose skills when you fuse demons and maybe a full list of the skills each Magatama gives you but that's about it. IVbabies will also want to save everywhere but they're retarded. Nocturne has aged like fine wine, really.
>>
>>175380092
>Nocturne
>overrated

Its rated exactly where it should be, its the best game in the series.
>>
>>175379981
No discussion, you are wrong.
>>
>>175380350
>IVbabies will also want to save everywhere but they're retarded.
I will never understand this. There's a save point before almost every boss besides the Amala Labryinth.
>>
>>175373483
I like almost all the new demon designs, odin's redesign, medusa's redesign, and satan's redesign.

Everything else is all right but I wouldn't care much if they never return.

Honestly Doi seems to be a good successor to kaneko, kaneko has his fair share of shit designs as well
>>
>>175380350
I don't want to be able to pick the skills when fusing stuff. It'd break a lot of the game and cause the same shit games like IV suffers from where things just stop being remotely challenging because every demon you have starts becoming way too versatile in what they can do.
>>
>>175373483
Some of them are better, but they need to do another complete redesign if they bring them back.

But considering the new SMT has the new Odin design, I won't count on it.
>>
>>175380814
>I don't want to be able to pick the skills when fusing stuff
Me neither but that shit is mandatory these days. I want to know how the fusion is gonna work on DEEP.
>>
>>175380706
>kaneko has his fair share of shit designs as well
I'm not trying to bash you or anything but I am curious to know which ones you don't like.
>>
I wish Doi could redesign Jack Frost and its recolors.
>>
>>175381289
Heresy. It'd look roughly the same anyway, his design is that simple.
>>
>>175380814
And everyone will always try to do the same thing in Nocturne, but you reroll for 30 minutes or until you get bored.

Just cut to the chase and let players fuse demons however they want like in 4:A, or don't let demons learn skills that contradict their design or lore like in P5 and PQ.

I know someone is gonna bash me for saying this, but the affinity system is the best way to balance free fusions.
>>
>>175380814
4 wasn't challenging simply because bosses weren't very hard and enemies couldn't really fuck your shit up because they were too weak.

Final is a great example of how to do the 'pick any skill' system right, because you can't just shove any skill you want onto demons due to affinities and bosses (at least certain ones like sukuna-hikona, yhvh, or vishnu-flynn) actually have the firepower to destroy you regardless of how you build your demons
>>
File: 1470188794807.png (217KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470188794807.png
217KB, 800x600px
>>175381289
What went wrong?
>>
>>175372672
Timeline wise Persona is chronological sequel to one of the Raidou games

As for the game themselves they are spiritual sequel of SMT If...
>>
>>175381457
>And everyone will always try to do the same thing in Nocturne
Only because most people that are here know what everything is and does by now, no matter if they played the game or not. When I originally played it I had no idea that Daisoujou was broken or that Kurama had the strongest single target magic nuke. If you want to reroll for half an hour until you get the skillset you want then that's on you, not the game. The game encourages you to swap demons out regularly and not just fuse a Daisoujou with 10/10 skillset and keep it for 90% of the game.

Honestly I almost wish we'd go back to set skillsets. Maybe have 1 or 2 skills you can inherit at most.

>>175381510
My problem with the affinity system is that it was nowhere near severe enough and straight up did not matter for a lot of skill types. If they increased the cost for off-affinity skills further or just straight up locked you from inheriting things that the demon doesn't have an affinity for then maybe.
>>
>>175381095
Agathion, Valkyrie, Azazel, Seraph, Aramisaki, Ouroboros, off the top of my head from more recent games. DDS also has all my favorite Kaneko art and my least favorite, Indrajit or whatever his name was I think being the biggest offender. Been a while since I can remember artwork done for older games than that but i do dislike the old archangels a lot
>>
>>175372560
The slinks story's themselves for the most part are really good and regarded as the best.

Mainly becuase otherthen your teammates and the local school shooter who is moon ofc, every other Slink are with adults. Who knew that persona would improve if you slowly take away highschool bullshit and add in SMT shit on it?

Set it to hard I fucked up first playthrough and played it on normal. I liked it alot but hated P3 and P4 for different reasons.
>>
>Atlus creates a a fully fledged HD ps4 remake for SMT1 and proceeds to use the assets to help make remakes for SMT2. if, and Devil Summoner

How excited would you be?
>>
>>175379981
played it for the first time last year and it aged well. i didn't find anything about it's mechanics to be dated or annoying.
>>
>>175382128
>demon has 150 SP
>good debuff skill costs 40 or 60 SP because demon has a negative affinity
>in battle you will have to chose between making that demon cast that one skill two times to then turn it useless, or let it fight through the whole match with the skills it specializes in

It feels good enough.
And it applies to damage skills as well, since they do less damage and you will only cast them to get an extra turn.
Maybe they could make the cost numbers grow depending on their level, but the free fusions and affinities are just plain better than randomized skills.
>>
File: CHAOS MAN.png (599KB, 480x676px) Image search: [Google]
CHAOS MAN.png
599KB, 480x676px
>>175380706
To be fair, they were redraws of pure shit. Doi made em salvagable and decent so props to him. His OG stuff is great though. Krishna, Mephitos, Odin and I also liked his redraws of the SMT protags alot. Kaneko > Doi > Soijma > Yasuda
>>
>>175382959
That sounds cool but they'll fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>175383063
Alignments are now replaced by slinks with each representatives?
>>
>>175372672
Yeah I'd say they're pretty poor although I do like Azazel's and Seraph's personally. You're right about Indrajit.
>>
>>175383747
>Understand why the girl next door is fucking a lawfag
>learn how based Ozawa was showing a world of STR to chaosfags
>waifu Lilith and reverse link
I'll buy it
>>
>>175383058
Is his freaky little arm ever explained in the game?
>>
>>175384392
Yes, but it's a spoiler.
>>
>>175384392
Yes, right at the very end of the Neutral Route and the Law Route.
>>
>>175379981
Replayed it some months ago and thought it was fine. I do agree that it isn't all that good though.
>>
>>175382959
As long as Yasuda does all the art, extremely.
>>
So we've all come to terms with the fact that Persona 5 is the best SMT game ever made correct? How are you coping?
>>
>>175384392
that's where dagda was sealed in vanilla IV
>>
>>175386510
Persona 5 is an excellent game and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: cute girl.png (328KB, 782x466px) Image search: [Google]
cute girl.png
328KB, 782x466px
>>175386510
Maybe SMT shouldn't have been retarded and stayed on a shitty handheld for 15 years and thinking it's okay to put in a mediocre effort because your core fanbase will buy whatever trash you try to feed them
>>
>>175386510
Unironically yes.
>>
>>175386745
I find it pretty funny that in 4 there's a quest mandatory to Neutral Route that requires you to get dagda's cauldron, and then Apoc came out and dagda still doesn't have his cauldron

probably why he's so pissed off in the game
>>
>>175387106
I don't understand how IV and IV:A just have that disgusting flaw away from being the best SMT games
>>
File: 05d.jpg (70KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
05d.jpg
70KB, 680x680px
>New Raidou Kuzunoha game
>Developed by Platinum

Would you get it /smtg/?
>>
>>175387959
>Platinum
Eh. They didn't butcher Automata so maybe?
>>
>>175387959
>Raidou x DMC game

Would you get it?
>>
>>175388062
>They didn't butcher Automata so maybe?

Uhh they pretty much did though?
>>
I wanna try one of the older titles. Think I should go for Kyuuyaku or SMT first?
>>
>>175388062
The radiou games are generally simple but it feels like they can have a fun battle system simular towards automata but instead of having pod you can switch the demons you obtained with different spells they have.
>>
>>175388508
It could've been so much worse but it turned out fine.
>>175388570
The pod was so underwhelming in Automata, OG Nier had the superior spells.
>>
>>175388539
I haven't played Kyukakku and should probably get around to it. SMT I is definitely worth it though if you can stomach how much its aged.
>>
>>175388539
I say SMT 1 then 2 then KMT
Lots of refrences to the first 2 SMT but none of KMT in newer SMT. Just started to replay Nocturne on hard and the amala battle sounds alot like SMT 1 battle music.

Also KMT 1 is pure dungeon crawling I like it but I got lost and forgot where to go. Ill look up a guide on what to do after Nocturne on hard. They are a bit slow but with emulation just fast forward when you think the game is to slow for you
>>
>>175388874
>>175388917
Thanks.

I'll go with SMT then. Think I will try it out with the map hack. But I'm not sure yet.
>>
>>175388769
I guess they didn't "butcher" it but Automata easily had the potential to be so much better as a game. Platinum at the very least usually has great boss fights and Automata's were all pretty much legit trash save for like 1 or 2 that were okay. Everything else about the combat was just painfully mediocre. I guess I was expecting that Automata was going to be much more than just barely better than the first Nier.
>>
>>175389454
>just barely better than the first Nier.
That's all I wanted it to be.
>>
>>175389454
It's really a shame the bosses overall sucked so much. The only really good boss is the opera one, the rest range from mediocre to palate swaps of mediocre. It's not really Platinum's fault they had to work with pennies though, blame SE if anything. I think it's pretty amazing that Taro and they managed to develop a game like Automata when they probably had less money to play with total than went into a single one of XV's trailers.
>>
>>175389076
You should try out the map hack. It'll help exploration a lot since opening the map can be an absolute pain at times.
>>
>>175389557
I meant just gameplay-wise.

Honestly I found Automata to be a downgrade in a lot of other areas compared to Nier. The main cast especially. Thankfully at least the side-quests weren't tedious bullshit this time around as once again some of the best character interactions are in them.

I still really enjoyed the game and its my favorite of the big releases this year so far despite its flaws.

Ending E made me cry like a bitch
>>
>>175388508
>being this contrarian
>>
>>175394092
wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg
>>
>>175394959
/cm?
>>
I'm playing through SMT 1 ps1 version right now and its pretty easy is SMT 1 the easiest or something? I'm new to the series and decided to try out the mainline games instead of persona also what can I expect from SMT 2 - 4?
>>
>>175396001
1 and 2 are auto-attack games
>>
>>175386510
Why? Seriously, why? Is the jump in quality from P4 so shocking that people are blinded as fuck because of it? While I'm enjoying P5, I still think it's overall very slow and formulaic, constantly attached to a shitty calendar system. I honestly don't understand this level of praise. I liked IV:A tons more despite the garbage writing.
>>
>>175396176
>Taking a Shintoist seriously
Yea P5 is actually a good game unlike P3 and P4 but even though its half VN I liekd it more then SMTIV:A becuase SMTIV:A pissed me off. The friends of IV:A are some how more moeblod/tropy then those in P5
>>
>>175394092
I admit my post was a bit hyperbolic, but do you really think that Automata's combat was anything but underwhelming?
>>
>>175396603
But P3 is better than P5
>>
>>175396627
Compared to fucking what
>>
>>175396805
>>>>/pg/
>No negoations
>Shit combat
>cant control party members
>tartures
>Other then like 3 Slinks they are all either meh or awful
Please
>>
>>175397367
Why does it have to be compared to something?

The bosses were mostly terrible, the combat balancing was a joke (mainly because of dodge spam being so powerful) enemy variety was trash, and the enemies in general were not nearly aggressive enough. (this was especially apparent in the shootemup sections which got stale very fucking quick) Difficulty balancing was an absolute joke. You literally could not die in normal mode because enemies did so little damage and you could pause the game and heal back up to full health whenever you wanted. In hard mode you died in 1-2 hits right off the bat. There was no middle ground where the game could be fun, but challenging. It was either braindead easy or lmao you die in 1-2 hits. You also play as a character for about half of the game who is just a gimped version of the other characters you play as if you ignore the hacking minigame, which was also shit and added nothing to the gameplay.
>>
>>175398886
Because you called the gameplay underwhelming

Compared to what
>>
>>175398886
Hard mode was fine if you used chips or you know, dodged the incredibly obvious telegraphed attacks like in any other Platinum game.
>>
>>175396603
Honestly IV:A's story is mostly great except for the party. It's like Atlus is subtly encouraging people to do Dagda ending
>>
>>175387316
>no quest where you look for his big stick and cauldron
>>
To have the fights with Dante in Nocturne do I have to go through the amala dungeons or nah? Playing on hard and while the base game is't ball bustingly hard, the first Kalpa sure is so I wanna wait but I dont wanna mess any Dante fights.
>>
>>175401667
Pretty much any other platinum game or any game with semi-decent combat.

>>175401667
The issue isn't just that hard mode is stupidly punishing, it's that normal it's brain dead easy. There needed to be a good middle ground. Also, even if the difficulty scaling was fixed the healing system still ruins it. The game still isnt hard when you die in 2 hits because you can horde healing items and pause the game at any time to heal back up to full health. If an action game is only hard when you die in 1 hit, it's poorly designed.
>>
>>175406726
yes you have to complete the kalpa for dante fights
>>
>>175407064

Also meant for

>>175399646
>>
>>175407064
>Pretty much any other platinum game or any game with semi-decent combat.

Can you name 10 games in the same genre that has better combat in the history of all of video games
>>
What kind of demons/team do I need to fuck up Stephen in the SMTIV:A dlc?
>>
>>175408330
You don't get any demons for that. Just give it a shot, it isn't terribly reliant on your level and stats..
>>
File: highschooldelinquentSMT.png (556KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
highschooldelinquentSMT.png
556KB, 800x600px
well, that was fun
>>
>>175408941
What Persona game is this?
>>
>>175408941
nicely done
>>
File: wall01_1920_1200.jpg (850KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wall01_1920_1200.jpg
850KB, 1920x1200px
Playing DeSu and just started day 3 (just saved Haru). Am I complete shit, or am I supposed to be just barely squeaking by on some of these fights?

I tried grinding a bit, but the regular grind fight doesn't do anything for skill cracks with minuscule XP gains while the hard grind fight is set to bullshit extreme.

I just need to know if I suck, if this is just the way it is, or if I'm supposed to grind my way to victory with thousands of tiny little skirmishes.
>>
>>175409789
That's just kinda the way it is until you stumble upon one of the couple super broken things later on. As long as you can clear fights, even if it's with difficulty, you are good and probably shouldn't grind. It's just not really worth your time for the most part
>>
>>175410309
good to know. thank you very much.
>>
>>175409789
Grinding for skill cracks is A-ok
Make sure you dont let any leader die and also make sure no one dies in events. Have a save slot when you just wake up just in case.

And you might be shit but the game can be hard at time. Crack skills and keep note of your demons racail. Chaos Wave + Double up = Artillery Strikes, Devil speed + Chaos wave is also good.
>>
>>175410481
>Make sure you dont let any leader die

Like, ever? Or in plot related battle type situations?
I ask because Atsuro died in that Haru battle I fought, but he got XP in the little end battle thing and was in the conversation directly after. Did that add some secret behind the scenes anti-bro points or something?
>>
File: DeSu dance dance.jpg (19KB, 425x352px) Image search: [Google]
DeSu dance dance.jpg
19KB, 425x352px
>>175411075
Ever
and its not that you unlock a secreat but you get a medel and these medals allow you to unlock more stuff into NG+ such as skill cracks, compendium auctions etc etc. If you already saved then no biggie. Just make sure no one actually dies in story segment.

If person X is going to kill themselves make sure you save X or if Z is going to do something stupid making Z get killed saved Z if not they die permanently since they died in the story and you lose a title/medal. Its also just more fun to make sure everyone gets out alive in this lock down.

Also go LAW. It's not shit and is the best in game
>>
Why don't people like IV?
>>
>>175411683
Not enough bananacakes
>>
>>175411683
>Most new demon desighns are shit
>No dungeons
I think that is about it? I dont think people actually HATE IV more just its, to them the weakest mainline. I dont hold that view though becuase Nocturne's random fusion skills and how the MC gets skills is ass. Demon whisper is cool as fuck both the function AND the whole feel to it. Hope its in SMT V
>>
File: IMG_20170411_101200.jpg (437KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170411_101200.jpg
437KB, 1536x2048px
i played smt iv as my first smt and got the chaos route ask me anything
>>
>>175412085
how many cocks do you suck
>>
>>175412212
at least your mom
>>
>>175412397
i'm sorry but i just don't believe you only suck one cock. tell the truth.
>>
>>175412085
Did you like the ending? The chaos route is pretty cool
>>
Has anyone played Demikids? They were my first SMT games and I'm replaying them now and noticing all the connections between the main games and this one.

I was confused why as a kid I needed to side with with the devil
>>
>>175412085
Who's favorite demon and why is it Mothman?
>>
>>175413008
>pretty cool
>toyko is shit lets make it not only MORE shit but make Mikado the homeland you swore to protect pure shit
>pretty cool

Chaos is lame
>>
File: 1493012227806.png (126KB, 512x810px) Image search: [Google]
1493012227806.png
126KB, 512x810px
>>175412397
milf futa demons when
>>
>>175413325
Well you become the ruler of it all and there are endless possibilities for both tokyo and mikado
>>
>>175413325
>lets make it more shit
to be fair no one probably cares about tokyo anymore and is just raiding the surface

>mikado the homeland you swore to protect
Yeah up until you realized it was a backwater shithole run by eldritch looking dictators with a class system that deliberately put down the strong or curious
>>
File: N FAGS.png (79KB, 241x341px) Image search: [Google]
N FAGS.png
79KB, 241x341px
>>175413789
That is why you go neutral senpai

where is the SMT 1 hero edit of this I forgot to save it last time it was posted
>>
File: 1399247574267.png (14KB, 706x540px) Image search: [Google]
1399247574267.png
14KB, 706x540px
>>175414126
>>
File: Nocturne-Conqueror.jpg (2MB, 2128x3124px) Image search: [Google]
Nocturne-Conqueror.jpg
2MB, 2128x3124px
>>175386510

This is gonna blow your mind but you can have fun with persona 5 and also still enjoy smt.
>>
File: 1476597268267.jpg (81KB, 436x413px) Image search: [Google]
1476597268267.jpg
81KB, 436x413px
>>175414126
>neutral
my nigga
>>
This is Asmodeus.
>>
>>175415294
Is this show as lewd as it looks?
>>
>>175415294
Cool.

Is this Asmodeus submissive?
>>
File: 1492744309758.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1492744309758.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>175415294
>yurishit
>>
>>175415331
Its literally SMT x Queen's Blade with Lucifer's lewd origin as a Demon Lord.

>>175415451
Asmodeus is a dom.
>>
File: 1454029297134.png (313KB, 641x382px) Image search: [Google]
1454029297134.png
313KB, 641x382px
>>175415671
Damn, it's yurishit? To the trash it goes.
>>
File: unamusedanimugrill.png (125KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
unamusedanimugrill.png
125KB, 500x500px
>>175415671
>yurishit
Why.
>>
>>175414126
>Not just nuking that shithole called Tokyo out of existence
>>
So its been decided that SJ and Nocturne are both overrated and are mid-tier games at best, correct?
>>
>>175416583
Wrong
>>
>>175416808
Write.
>>
>>175416583
Maybe Nocturne, but SJ is a 10/10 game.
>>
>>175416583
Ronde is the only good Atlus game
>>
File: ULJM05053_00000.jpg (114KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ULJM05053_00000.jpg
114KB, 960x544px
fucking play it
>>
>>175417012
Fucking translate it
>>
>>175417012

死ね
>>
>>175414209
Thanks senpai
>>
>>175414372
I like how you said "can have fun with persona 5" and just not persona in general.

Other then P1-P2 is P5 the only agreed upon "decent' Persona game here?
>>
I want to fuck Lucifer-sama.
>>
>>175416583
SJ definitely, but Nocturne is a 10/10 game
>>
File: ULJM05053_00002.jpg (82KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
ULJM05053_00002.jpg
82KB, 960x544px
>>175417071
>>175417329
JUST FUCKING PLAY IT
>>
>>175416583
Yes and P5 is the undisputed opus of SMT
>>
>>175416583
Maybe SMT, but TMS is a 10/10 game
>>
Jackbros > Demikids dark >>> Persona 4 DAN > Persona 4 Arena > Demikids Light > TMS >>> Demikids DS > shit > dog shit > chaosfag shit > everything else
>>
File: 58731268_p1.png (159KB, 800x677px) Image search: [Google]
58731268_p1.png
159KB, 800x677px
>>
man i'm at the ikeburo subway in nocturne fighting the four onis and im just dwelling on the fact that all my demons suck and have no skills that i need. it's like i had the worst luck continually recruiting demons that don't give a wide variety of options to recruit.

i have two fiends too which aren't bad but fuck i don't know what to do
>>
File: frodo.jpg (21KB, 290x293px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
21KB, 290x293px
>try to take lil' shingo/six each room in Haunted House
>it pisses his onee-san off
>one demon does 2/3 of my health with one spell
>onee-san charms my Zeed which was fused with Izanami to give it Megidolaon and Mudoon (this is NG+)
>it deals over 800 damage to my MC and Nemissa
>my face
>>
>>175416583
SJ is definitely overrated
>>
Holy fuck Stephan boss fight is cancer
He smirks himself during the messaih fight and then one shots my whole time the fuck am I suppose to do?
>>
How many people in this thread know moon, anyway?
>>
>>175423259
kill your friends?
>>
File: latest.jpg (43KB, 575x448px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
43KB, 575x448px
>>175422683
Raidou 1 most underrated one.
>dat final dungeon
>>
>>175423259
Are you serious?

Nigger, bring Magaon, Doping, Dekaja and Dekunda.
>>
>>175423779
He uses during the messiah phase. Pair production

They are fucking scrubs and dont have Magaon so when it goes back to my turn, I get shreded.
>>
>>175424419
Aleph has Sonic Shot, which removes smirk.
>>
>>175424660
Wow am an idiot thanks. Also just noticed the item tab. I havent touched SMTIV:A since the DLC was launched but skiped Stephan for reasons.
>>
is there any rule or rhyme to why in nocturne some skills won't transfer over to demons in fusion? i mean the ones that refuse to show up each time you recycle possible fusions
>>
>>175373483
Imagine Doi's face when Yamai asked him to redraw this shit with proper lighting in mind.
>>
if you were only allowed to play one SMT game for the rest of time which one would it be
>>
>>175425798
just Pokemon shit where they hate the element they're weak against, etc.

It makes individual demons stand out more if you can't transfer every single skill every time IMO.
>>
>>175426584
Your mom
>>
File: 1481069905702.jpg (125KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1481069905702.jpg
125KB, 500x700px
literally better than every P5 girl
>>
>>175426773
my moms dead
>>
>>175426883
Try not to feel too bad.
>>
>>175372560
Those Social links legit make me cringe hard
I am a crazy trophy guy so if you need to romance to get a trophy i am not even finish this game.
>>
File: 1491324320602.png (254KB, 640x527px) Image search: [Google]
1491324320602.png
254KB, 640x527px
What's your favorite SMT quote?
Mine is EYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH
>>
>>175427043
>cringe

Cringe.
>>
>>175427104
too much anime for my taste
is like watching those garbage harem anime
so is there trophy for romance or not?
>>
File: 1478992068952.jpg (60KB, 295x342px) Image search: [Google]
1478992068952.jpg
60KB, 295x342px
>>175427056
Pic related
>>
File: comfortzone.jpg (50KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
comfortzone.jpg
50KB, 400x240px
>>175413131
>>
How long is Eridanus? I'm only on the first floor right after meeting Jack and I'm already done with this bullshit
>>
>>175427026
underrated post
>>
File: STEVEN NEUTER FAG.png (2MB, 1764x1836px) Image search: [Google]
STEVEN NEUTER FAG.png
2MB, 1764x1836px
Anyone got the pic of all the messiahs holding up Stephen's defeated corpse? Once I remembered that the secondary team had items while tense as fuck (hands were shacking) I managed to beat him. I was on Conflict/Normal though. And I was in NG+
>>
>>175428108
>i was on conflict/normal though.
doesn't count, boyo.

gotta beat the ultimate neutralfag on apocalypse if you want those bragging rights.
>>
>>175428259
>cant change the difficulty in the dungeon
Why the fuck not atlus? Not gonna lie, after beating SMT 1 and 2 seeing Hero and Aleph again was cool as fuck. Beast kind of fanservice
>>
File: 51dNlDp1JPL._AC_SX215_.jpg (22KB, 215x304px) Image search: [Google]
51dNlDp1JPL._AC_SX215_.jpg
22KB, 215x304px
How can mainline even compete?
>>
>>175429294
By having every mainline game actually fun to play.
>>
>>175429294
By being a real RPG in wihch you can control the characters

See: >>175429456
>>
>>175429294
Like the story and writing are good and stuff but god dam is everything else pure shit

P4 on the other hand, the combat is serviceable but the writing and cast is pure ass
>>
>>175429294
This is nearly as bad as the american ICO boxart.
>>
>>175429614
I never really paid attention, but yeah, it's really bad. The blue box is way better.

P1 and P2IS have the best covers in Persona.
>>
>>175427056
>>
>>175372450
>General is fucked because of persona faggots
>why you hate persona fans again?
see you until they show more of the HD project.
Stay alive and fuck personafags and lawfags
>>
>>175430010
>SMTfag gets triggered at the mere mention of Persona

lol
>>
>>175430010
>>175430286
What'd they mean by this?
>>
>>175429294
Am I sane if I try to solo The Answer on a first playthrough?
>>
What difficulty do I have to run in SMT4a to be able to do everything? War?
>>
File: 1467709723702.jpg (108KB, 463x384px) Image search: [Google]
1467709723702.jpg
108KB, 463x384px
>/smtg/ in 2015

>Someone with autism bought raidou cosplay to wear outside with the cape, just to hang out and got insecure that people told him how stupid that was, and fled the board forever once he got mocked. Someone came back a year later insisting they were him, but no one knows for sure.

>A lot of pointless arguments asking whether feminists from tumblr were invading the board to troll last year based on no evidence.

>Someone desperate for attention posting their dick every time they could for a month or so, and getting repeatedly banned. They insisted that this was an attempt to clear out the board of feminists, but in all likelihood, they just wanted attention. Also, their dick was fuck ugly and looked like plastic.

>Someone posting long tracts about why law is the best, and why you should use anal beads who changed alignment discussions forever. Apparently plans on starting a megaten religion in real life.

>Everyone got together and "ironically" had a group jerkoff session where they pretended that if they were only doing it ironically it didn't count. And realized after the fact that they still did it, despite it originally being a troll plan. And have been filled with shame ever since.

>A lot of people with autism drove most of the board away three months ago, drawing the amount of posts to a halt, because they insist that there should be no posts for some reason, and a lot of people got fed up dealing with them and left. People are slowly coming back though.

Have we improved or not?
>>
>>175432182
No.

Also the new character is extremely useful there.
>>
>>175432592
I think you should leave.
>>
>>175432487
I don't think there's any difficulty locked content in it but play on War it's normal in Japanland
>>
>>175432592
>bait
>brigade faggotry
>faggotposter
>Beadman
>meme
>meme

Basically nothing happened except shitposters got banned and faggots memed that the jews were exiled from SMTG through the desert
>>
>>175432592
I'm glad 2015 was the year I skipped.
>>
>>175432592
>2015

there's your problem
>>
>>175411075
If you're playing Overclocked then guest deaths don't count

Also not >>175411406 but most of the routes are pretty good, Chaos is also fun but it's maybe the one SMT game where Law isn't shit
>>
>>175434634
Yes all routes are great but actual spoilers not meme spoilers that some of you fags use but making Noaya's plan backfire on him was great fun. And him coming to save his brother was also cool as fuck on the 8th day
>>
>>175429604
The girls are cute though
>>
>>175435106
Cute girls don't make a good game anon.
>>>/pg/
>>
>>175432592
>Someone desperate for attention posting their dick every time they could for a month or so, and getting repeatedly banned. They insisted that this was an attempt to clear out the board of feminists, but in all likelihood, they just wanted attention. Also, their dick was fuck ugly and looked like plastic.

I feel like this is much more common than it should be

>>175435216
Yes mainline proved that as well
>>
Is MAG the best way to go in 4:a like in 4 or has STR been improved?
>>
>>175435418
Everything has been approved I think world of Dex is best in SMTIV:A though.
>>
>>175427276
i haven't seen anyone say "fuck you" in nocturne yet, what gives??
>>
File: give us the elder scrolls.png (199KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
give us the elder scrolls.png
199KB, 1360x768px
Vote for best mainline game here
http://www.strawpoll.me/11542461
Vote for best spinoff game here
http://www.strawpoll.me/12100304

votang
>>
>>175435878
That's his name, probably.
>>
>>175436259
>http://www.strawpoll.me/12100304
>persona 3-4-5 over 1 and 2
you guys are faggots
>>
Is there any way to play NINE in english?
>>
>>175436853
Casuals vote for Persona

Men vote for Debisama
>>
Why do people think Nocturne and SJ are overrated? What do you people think should actually be considered the best games in the series?
>>
>>175438426
Nocturne isn't really overrate now imo but for a while people were praising it as some secret hidden gem only the coolest cool kids even heard of.

It's kind of like how people hyped up Soul Hackers before it actually did get localized
>>
>>175438426
SJ probably because people generally dislike first person dungeon crawlers, especially with some of the teleporter maze/damage tiles/dark zone shenanigans. Also the combat isn't as good as other smt titles.
>>
>>175438590
But nocturne is an amazing game you faggot. Name me one non SMT related traditional Jrpg that on the PS2 that is better
>SH
SH is pretty good

>>175439172
Dungeons are great in SJ but the combat really is kinda meh compared to other SMT games. Shame DSJ wont have Press turn
>>
>>175439172
>people generally dislike first person dungeon crawlers

Fuckin plebs
>>
>>175439836
Trial and Error pathing with damage tiles can go suck a dick.

>>175439930
Plebs hate turn based games too, it's why they're slowly dying out.
>>
>doing well on Stephen on war
>gets two crits out of nowhere bid way with 2 debiltates on him
>ok whatever
>it does't stop

Either I got really unlucky or this cripple fuck is cheating
>>
>>175438426
Honestly people hype Nocturne a lot but I ended up being disappointed when I played it. The atmosphere and gameplay were really fucking neato but I got kind of bored with it after a while.
>>
Just finished SJ, and I loved it. Is Nocturne's story as good? Thinking about playing that next
>>
File: 1493522816591.jpg (19KB, 231x254px) Image search: [Google]
1493522816591.jpg
19KB, 231x254px
>>175446619
>Nocturne
>story
>>
>>175446901
I asked because I hadn't played it. I guess it's just collect candelabra, kill some friends, then Lucifer?
>>
>Stephan on WAR
Oh wow he does moves he does not do at all on conflict neato.
>Got him down to red
>died
This is frustrating.
>>
>>175447351
Play on Apocalypse, babby
>>
>>175447536
and bring a relic of revival so you don't get MA'd
>>
>>175447536
After I beat him up in war.
I just noticed I dont have a ring equipped. What is the recommended gear to fight this dude? Since his elemental magic moves pierce something that resists physical?
>>
>>175447691
Demonica, so every SMT protag at least is represented in some way
>>
>>175372450

I'm playing SMT IV right now and I just beat the demon who was maintaining the barrier around Ikebukuro. How long is it until I get the cynical man to tell me my alignment, and how long after that is the alignment lock? I'm asking because I want to go neutral but it seems like it's pretty hard to get into that route since you can't constantly monitor your alignment like in SJ
>>
>>175423456
I know elementary Japanese, so I can at least read enough to recognize demon/spell names and some minor kanji (I know how to write 'shin megami tensei' for instance).
>>
>>175436259
no mt2 no vote
>>
>>175427056
ARE YOU READY~?
Atropos's "Uwah!" is also stuck in my head.
>>
>>175447629
Where do I get this

And how do the fiend weapons from twisted Tokyo work again? Its been a long time.

>>175447905
The alignment lock is quite some ways. The game tricks you into thinking the lock is alot sooner, but then you will know when it comes. Also their is a guide in the OP to help you get the nuetrel route
>>
File: opinions.png (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
opinions.png
5KB, 256x224px
>>175432592
>Have we improved or not?
Yes.
>>
>>175448065
go to Ginza
>>
>>175448220
Thank you, ill give it one more shot and if I can't get to red again, ill go get more support/healing demons and get better gear.
>>
>>175448335
You'll want to save that relic of revival until you fight him on Apocalypse-mode, trust me.
>>
File: 1489129708797.jpg (43KB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
1489129708797.jpg
43KB, 400x254px
>>175427026
>>
>>175448371
Will do. I hate it when you get so close to killing a boss, then after 4 hours you can;t come close again.

I went Dex/Gun did I fuck up for a Apocalypse Stephan boss fight? Its been a while but I forgot if gun builds were up to par
>>
SO

Looks like we agreed with SMT Games Tier List

Top Megatens are:

Nocturne
Baroque
Folklore
Galerians
Knights in the Nightmare
Maken X
Catherine

Great Megatens are:

P2 IS
DDS (both)
NINE

Everything else tier:

everything else
>>
>>175448682
>Folklore
When did this become a meme?
>>
so if I am getting this right, as far as gameplay and polish of gameplay goes, pic related is the best in the franchise but in terms of story, it is the worst?
>>
>>175448795
Probably at the same time that this did too

>>175448682
>Looks like we agreed
>>
>>175448682
>no El shaddai
>no asura's wrath
>no devil may cry
shit tier
>>
>>175448905
but Asura Wrath is a movie
but EL Shaddai is like Spyro game, not SMT
but DMC Featuring Dante From Devil May Cry. or you meant Detroit Metal City the game?

maybe i should've include TWEWY, what do you think? i mean, it's Square, but it is still good.
>>
>>175448824
something like that
>>
>>175448824
Yeah
>>
Are almighty skills good against YHWH? Someone said he resisted them, but Flynn and Satan can use them just fine?
>>
>>175448824
Its not the story per say but the characters and how the react to the story and stuff
>>
does anyone have that kornheiser of Demifiend with his mouth open which says "ow my balls"
>>
>>175448824

>story is bad

Is this really the case, in comparison to other SMT games? I've only seen SMTfags not liking it because it has waifus but I've not seen people say the story itself is exceptionally bad. I haven't played it myself yet but I bought it with SMT IV and I'm partway through the first one
>>
File: tumblr_ob12spJFIn1vrtlq1o1_1280.jpg (63KB, 640x504px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob12spJFIn1vrtlq1o1_1280.jpg
63KB, 640x504px
>SMT1
>going to Tokyo Destinyland to kill Echidna after killing Haniel
>go over the first luck test
>LMAO CURSED
>go get cured, go back to luck test
>LMAO FROGGED
>go get cured, go back to luck test
>LMAO CURSED
>out of money
Fuck this gay eareth
>>
File: Asmodeus1.png (548KB, 866x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Asmodeus1.png
548KB, 866x1046px
>>175415294
nah, this is asmodeus
>>
>>175451624
>Is this really the case, in comparison to other SMT games?
Not as such, no. The story itself is okay most of the time, if a little far-fetched. The writing and characters are what bother most people - the majority of the cast are incredibly out of place within SMTIV's universe and never act the way you'd expect of teenagers living in a warzone on the cusp of collapse. All the incessant droning of love and friendship really does feel like something you'd expect out of Persona, not mainline SMT.
>>
>>175449202
>>175448682
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand i forgot this one SHin Megami Tensei game

it's pretty SMT, you know
>>
I didnt notice just how many VAs from apocalypse are in p5, and also how much better the sound quality is in apocalypse, I know p5 probably has more lines to record but man they do sound like different people sometimes
>>
>>175453579
Eng or jap?
>Asahi and Futaba are voiced by the same person in english
>sisterfu
>>
>>175452528
>randomized dungeons
It's persona
>>
>>175453579
>>175455167
>Japanese Dagda is Shido
>English Dagda is MC
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>175455491
>You'll never see it coming boyo
>>
>>175455491
STANDING HERE
I REALIZE
>>
>persona
>>>>175445334
>>
>>175455662
>muh pointless us vs them bullshit
>>>/pol/
>>
>>175455628
I SAID MY GODSLAYER WAS A TOOL OF ANARCHY
NOT USED IN BONDS NOT USED FOR FRIENDSHIP BUT NOW
NOW IM NOT SO SURE
AND BESIDES THIS ISNT MY GODSLAYER
>>
>>175451870
desu you should of just stuck with the curse, I might be wrong but I don't think you can be frogged while you're cursed. It's not too hard to deal with. Just heal before the Echidna fight.
>>
>>175456986
I just reloaded, like hell I was dealing with that shit. I'm right before the great flood prompt now trying to fuse some good neuter demons for the last leg of the game.
>>
>>175456986
can't* be frogged while you're cursed. My bad.

>>175457296
Have fun navigating that shit.
>>
>>175457296
You beat 4 kings at this point and you're going via Ginza entrance right?
>>
>>175455776
>muh pointless us vs them bullshit
are you an actual retard?
why would there be two generals if not to have them separated?
anon I'm sorry that you have brain damage but that doesn't entitle you to just imply stuff that simply is not there. I didn't say persona way bad I enjoy the games but unlike you and other know that the discussion should be kept in its general, just as i would not go to persona general to talk about smt
>>
>>175455662
>giving a shit
This is an SMT general but no one gives a fuck if spinoffs are talked about.
No waifushit and it's just easily ignored.
>>
>SMT = Megaten
you've got only yourselves to blame for this, and maybe atlus
>>
File: 1-Persona2-13-74.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1-Persona2-13-74.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>175455474
but my persona is SMT game, it doesn't have randomised dungeons
>>
>>175457771
No, you fuck off, this general is for the discussion of the whole franchise.
Persona is just as much a part of the franchise as DDS, Devil Summoner and Devil Survivor is.
If I want to compare persona to other games in the franchise I come here, if you don't like it you can just fuck off.
>>
>>175458163
>Implying Megami Tensei has been relevant since the mid 90s
>>
>>175455474
don't forget the lovecraft influence.
>>
>>175458321
>to brain damaged to go to the appropriate general
>being this mad because he know hes wrong
>telling people that want to talk about the appropriate subject to fuck off so faggots like himself can chat about semi off topic subjects that has its own general
I am getting the feeling that you are american, come back when you have gained a proper education
>>
>>175459316
Did you just google for "arguing techniques that might work on retards"?
You are
1. implying that because a general exists the subject can't be talked about anywhere else
2. ignorant on why the split happened in the first place
3. not contributing to any actual discussions and just trying to show which "team" you are on for god knows what reason
>>
File: 1386085326330.jpg (144KB, 974x844px) Image search: [Google]
1386085326330.jpg
144KB, 974x844px
>>175457608
Yep. I witnessed Chaos and Law heroes yelling at each other from across a hallway, good shit. I do like that both heroes still consider you friend even up to the cathedral entrance. I enjoy the different interactions you get with them a lot.

>ChaosH: You're alright. Don't go to Ikebukuro tomorrow.
>ChaosH: WHAT DID I JUST SAY. Oh well, time to put you under arrest. Don't expect me to bail you out.
>ChaosH: I'm bailing you out.

So tsundere.
>>
>>175459615
Did you just google for "arguing techniques that might work on retards"?
you do know you just called yourself retarded? well thats american education for you.

>implying that because a general exists the subject can't be talked about anywhere else

not saying it cant just saying if you want to talk solely about go to the general, if you want to to talk persona relative to smt games then here would be acceptable. but i doubt anyone brain damaged like yourself can distinguish between anything other then black and white.

>ignorant on why the split happened in the first place
doesn't matter why mate stop bringing up irreverent points.

>not contributing to any actual discussions and just trying to show which "team" you are on for god knows what reason
what like yourself? I actually enjoy both games for different reasons and discuss both of them on their related generals because im not retarded like yourself.
>>
>>175460292
Ok sorry, I misjudged you.
You are not trying to represent a team.
You are trying to sound smart by pointing out that there is a persona general.
Newsflash, spinoffs are part of this general.
If you don't care about the greater series you can go to /pg/
>brain damaged like yourself can distinguish between anything other then black and white.
Yeah, just look all this nuance just oozing from this post >>175455662
>>
>>175460679
>Yeah, just look all this nuance just oozing from this post
you started the autism train friendo, I'm just trying to stop it.

>You are trying to sound smart by pointing out that there is a persona general.
no I'm not a brain dead child like yourself so I do not need to self inflate, I'm only informing people if they solely want to talk about persona that there is a general to do so.
>>
File: 1389434705919.jpg (95KB, 600x760px) Image search: [Google]
1389434705919.jpg
95KB, 600x760px
>>175458374
Your face hasn't been relevant since the mid 90s. Say that to my face at school in the computer lab, not online and see how long you live.
>>
File: NA-OverclockedCover.jpg (138KB, 640x569px) Image search: [Google]
NA-OverclockedCover.jpg
138KB, 640x569px
>start this
>get to the first fight
>now looking at the level up screen for the last 20 minutes
What's the best build for this game?
>>
File: 1474788289108.jpg (144KB, 620x351px) Image search: [Google]
1474788289108.jpg
144KB, 620x351px
What SMT game is this?
>>
>>175380635
People have these things called Jobs and friends. A quicksave option should be in every video game to accommodate for this.
>>
File: four horsemen.jpg (114KB, 897x710px) Image search: [Google]
four horsemen.jpg
114KB, 897x710px
Anyone play this?
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3299/
https://youtu.be/zLx562Kqmyk

Seems memey as fuck, is it worth downloading if I've been wanting to replay Nocturne? I played Nocturne before so I'm worried I'd just end up making quick work of everything with all the meme demons
>>
>>175461284
Full on magic with some ag to get the -dance spells
>>
>>175382959
>Implying they won't use the Persona 5 models for enemies

Come on anon.
>>
>>175387959
No fuck off. I want depth. Not flashy combat aimed at casuals.
>>
>>175396001
You can beat SMT1 by spamming zio and nerve bullets.
>>
I wish they made a new SMT or even Persona MMO.
I fucking miss Imagine so much. Sure it was kinda trashy, but with a couple simple changes it would have been legit amazing. It's a fucking shame we'll never get anything like it again
>>
>>175461694
I worded my post incorrectly. I meant to say I don't understand why people complain about save everywhere in IV when there's a save at almost every critical point in Nocturne.
>>
>>175396001
None of them are difficult if you know what you are doing.

>>175462347
Not in the Kalpas, where the main part of the difficulty comes from. Having to legitimately fight for your survival after you've made some progress and dungeon crawled for a while is half the fun of that game, if you could save anywhere I imagine it'd get very boring very quickly. That fear of losing all your progress and a lot of spent time is absolutely what makes dungeon crawlers interesting.
>>
>>175434634
>Chaos is also fun but it's maybe the one SMT game where Law isn't shit

I'm pretty new to SMT. Why do I so often see law called shit?
>>
>SMT II
>Beat up Basilisk in Holytown
>Half my demons are dead
>Hell Biker shows up

Should I kill him or run for it?
>>
File: 1487210496600.jpg (58KB, 932x555px) Image search: [Google]
1487210496600.jpg
58KB, 932x555px
>>175462631
God is bad.
>>
Around what level should I try the Messiah Mission in Apocalyose?
>>
>>175462631
Law is usually always responsible for the reasons shit happens in games

>>175463121
Lv99, obviously.

But try and save up enough AP to get fusion boosters to get Satan. He helps out a ton
>>
>>175462631
because most of the time you basically brainwash or outright kill anybody who isn't on your side. Most of the time its not addressing the real problems either
>>
>>175447018
You just summarized the entire plot perfectly. Still play nocturne. It's gameplay,atmosphere and OST are A1. Fucking fantastic game.
>>
>>175463121
90s is perfectly fine for War difficulty. I haven't bothered but if you want to do it on Apocalypse you should probably go a bit higher than 100, not too far though, I imagine it becomes extremely trivial very quickly when you grind for a while.
>>
>>175463620
>>175463281
>I imagine it becomes extremely trivial very quickly when you grind for a while
Can confirm. I didn't buy the DLC until I was around level 130 and it felt basically impossible to lose even on apoc
>>
>people on /v/ unironically think iv:a stephen is the hardest boss in all of megaten
roflmao
>>
>>175462631
Most of the time the actions you take on the law route are forced upon you, rather than following the player's choices or lining up with the choices that lead to that alignment.

Like in SMTIV, where law alignment choices include stuff like "keep a terminal patient in life support, even with no chance of recovery", but the actual law route is "kill everyone in Tokyo, including yourself".

The other alignments generally don't suffer as much from the alignment choices not lining up with the alignment itself.
>>
>>175461694
>not just warping to the nearest terminal in the sector/dungeon and saving
No complaints
>>
>>175462829
>hell biker
Risk it you get a good equipment if you survive
>>
>>175464932
Then who is it faggot

Let me guess, demifiend from dds? Or a meme choice like matador?
>>
>>175466106
The thing with Stephen is you can extremely easily outlevel him. He's not even the hardest encounter in Apocalypse, that'd go to some of the fiends in high TT cycles.
Demifiend is mostly just luck, I have no fucking idea why people keep bringing him up other than muh Nocturne maymays. Satan in DDS2 is a much better designed fight and every bit as difficult.
>>
>>175466536
DDS Hitoshura is a good and fair fight.you can't outlevel him, can't outnumber, you can't debuff him, or just sit on ass and heal all the time

i mean, it's not really luck. oh well, it is, but it's really good and hardcore battle. satan was easyer for sure, and didn't had so much variation, like different demon summoning. and didn't had gaea rage.
>>
>>175466536
What's difference with Satan and Demifiend.
Never played DDS
>>
>>175467448
No matter how much you plan and optimize, Demifiend will still wipe you like 95% of the time. There is nothing you can do about it.
Satan doesn't have that kind of randomness to him nearly as much, if you go in with maxed stats, which are pretty much a requirement for these fights anyways, keep track of the damage you dealt and what turn you are on, you will win 9 out of 10 times. It's just a hell of a lot more fair than Demifiend who can (and will the vast majority of the time) just say fuck you and cause your last ten to twenty minutes to go up in smoke.

I did both of them without a guide when the games came out and while that feeling when I finally beat Demifiend was out of this world, overall I enjoyed progressing on Satan a hell of a lot more.
>>
>>175465678
>Oneshots Beth
Well shit
>>
>>175467959
95% fail is a pretty good rate, i'd say 99%

I mean, it's not like Hitoshura will kill you anyway. I've beat him too, after 2 month of everyday trying. Yes, i know that shit when you battle for 10-20 minutes, and only then, if Gaea Rage won't kill you, you already know if this battle begins, or you just die there.

but you can do it some easier. I mean, you use Close Call on everyone, and damaging first 2 monsters at the same time. they have different numbers of hp, like 18000 and 20000, or something so at first you damaging higher-hp demon with single-targer magical almighty skill (that looks like Freikugel), and then you damaging both of them with Celestial Ray magical skill, that deal same damage to all of them and will kill both demons at the same time, so then Hitoshura will burst with Gaea Rage. BUT if you will have 1 character - you will have the time to res and heal fully, because Hitoshura will be bothered with demon summoning, and won't kill you. not to mention that Celestial Ray damage more than Apocalypse, and not eating your HP. though eating a lot of mana but we have Great Chacra gathered through the whole game

I mean, that's somewhat the key - to use magical Celestial Ray and kill both demons together, every time. Though, it is still take a lot of time, like 1-2 month 2-3-4 hours of everyday trying to fight him

BUT it's Shin Megami Tensei, it's fucking hardcore gaming. we need a lot more things like that, we need some gameplay like DDS2: Hard mode, when every battle may be your last. i'm bored with all that cheese games, even Etrian Odyssey are easy now.

so Hitoshura Fight is like, hardest and fairest fucking battle through all jrpg. i really liked it. and satan isnt so cool.
>>
>>175447763
>tfw no tamaki
>>
File: 20170429_170024.jpg (276KB, 800x865px) Image search: [Google]
20170429_170024.jpg
276KB, 800x865px
Best SMT for a newfaggish? I've played Person 3-5 so it's not totally unfamiliar
>>
>>175462965

Cute boy (Female)
>>
>>175472414
Any of the PS2 ones.
>>
>>175472414
Read the fucking starter guide. Nocturne.
>>
>>175472414
Play Persona 1 and 2: Innocent Sin.
>>
>>175472414
kyuuyaku megami tensei
>>
>>175472414
Demikids
>>
>>175472509
Calm down nerd
>>
File: 1493431555324.png (131KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1493431555324.png
131KB, 872x632px
>>175432592
>first time in this gen
>reading this

What the fuck?! Dont tell me /pg/ is saner then you guys. What gives?

Anyways I came to ask, what's the best SMT game aside Nocturne?
>>
File: 1434319253043.jpg (71KB, 439x430px) Image search: [Google]
1434319253043.jpg
71KB, 439x430px
>>175473327
F*ck you.
>>
File: IMG_5086.png (378KB, 900x895px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5086.png
378KB, 900x895px
>>
>>175473423
Waifufagging hides the darkness in men's hearts.
Try Digital Devil Saga 1&2 on the PS2 or Strange Journey on the DS
>>
>>175473423
DeSu 1 and SMT I. Every other answer is wrong.
>>
File: Pizzamustdiemode.gif (825KB, 500x203px) Image search: [Google]
Pizzamustdiemode.gif
825KB, 500x203px
>>175473918
>>175474002
DeSu 1 it is!

Thanks lads, I downloaded most of em and played Nocturne already. Just had a hard time picking what one was next.
>>
>>175473423
/pg/ is a lot saner than us, but that's because they're so drenched in waifuposting and retardation that they don't usually indulge in severe autism and shitposting like we do (though I guess you could say /pg/'s brand of autism is different than ours)
>>
>>175474002
The DeSu games are way overrated in my opinion, I don't understand why you people like them.
The gameplay is complete garbage, a huge part of what makes SMT games so fun is how fast and snappy everything is. DeSu's menus on the other hand are all ridiculously clunky and the combat extremely tedious with transitions and inputs have long delays and lag periods between them. It's physically painful to play.
>>
>>175475409
>(though I guess you could say /pg/'s brand of autism is different than ours)

A coin is coin no matter the face I guess.
>>
>>175379250
That sounds amazing actually.
>>
File: C8FEmXNVMAACl0H.jpg (64KB, 727x575px) Image search: [Google]
C8FEmXNVMAACl0H.jpg
64KB, 727x575px
Reminder that they will redesign Louisa in DEEP.
>>
>>175477468
good
>>
>>175477468
Making her not so flat?
>>
>>175432592
Those were good times. I miss "I want to fuck Mirai" anon and "2 cute" anon.
>>
>>175478217
I miss "I want to fuck Mirai" anon also where did our draw fags go?
>>
File: Louis_Introduction.jpg (213KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Louis_Introduction.jpg
213KB, 1024x768px
>>175477468
>>175477715
Can we get sexy business lady Lucy from IMAGINE?
>>
should i play nocturne on normal or hard?
this is my first """real""" smt, i played persona 4 and 5 so far
>>
>>175478519
Normal. Nocturne on Hard is bullshit even by SMT standard
>>
File: Louis_Teleport.jpg (286KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Louis_Teleport.jpg
286KB, 1024x768px
>>175478474
Literally the best Lucifer.
>>
>>175478519
I'd recommend Hard. Just don't be shocked if you die in the tutorial, that's the by far most bullshit part of the game, I kid you not.
Nocturne is a 3D dungeon crawler, having that threat of death and progress loss looming over your head is one of the main aspects that makes these games interesting. If you play on Normal chances are you will pretty much never die to a random encounter, kind of ruins that.
Nocturne also suffers from bosses just not having high enough stats and big enough health pools, once you get going you can kill a lot off them in just a couple turns before they even start any of their gimmicks. Hard mode reduces the damage you do by a bit making that a bit more balanced.

Honestly I think Hard is just way better balanced than Normal in general. Unless this is literally your first SMT or SMT-esque game I would not play on Normal.
>>
>tfw IMAGINE was canon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IScn8BH0oq8
>>
>>175479346
It's a good feel. Imagine was honestly a great game before they started shitting out stronger and stronger p2w sets.
>>
>>175478519
normal is a slightly easy, hard might have better balance but I'm never playing it with the 3x money grind
>>
>>175478474
>tfw never got to play imagine
I regret it so much. I know it was a shit mmo and all but dam it.

>>175479489
3x money grind is fucking ass. And it ruins Hard for me on nocturne
>>
>SMTIV:Origins
>tells the story of Flynn's past self, Kenji, Kiyoharu, and Akira
>Chaos and Law lead to Infernal and Blasted Tokyos

You know they're gonna milk it.
>>
>>175481813
Literally the Persona 4 of SMT.
>>
>>175481813
Milking SMTIV is a bigger mistake than milking P4

At least P4 has cute girls you can jerk off to
>>
>>175482091
>tfw I literally called it Persona 4 Apocalypse the other day
>>
>>175482206
Burroughs' voice is some of my best fap material.
>>
>>175482206
Yeah, but SMT4 has cute boys.
>>
File: Smt4jonathanexpressions.jpg (533KB, 602x550px) Image search: [Google]
Smt4jonathanexpressions.jpg
533KB, 602x550px
>>175482587
Walter a shit
>>
>>175482091
>the persona 4 of the darksouls of persona
>>
>>175482206
In terms of purely physical looks:

Margaret > Nozomi > Sayoko > Hikaru > Toki > Ai > Rise > Asahi > Marie > Yukiko > Naoto > Isabeau > Chie

SMTIV girls are higher ranking.
>>
>>175482587
>>175482670
If walter and jonathan had tagteamed isabeau, would all of 4's problems have been solved?
>>
>>175481813
That would also fit Odin's expectedly large role in the new game and leading to him creating the Divine Powers in IV:A
>>
>>175482938
Nah
>>
File: 9ba.jpg (223KB, 640x540px) Image search: [Google]
9ba.jpg
223KB, 640x540px
Raidou 1 is testing my patience. Most SMT games have that slog factor but Raidou isn't even all that crunchy yet so it's not a lot of fun to play.

I am enjoying the setting though.
>>
>>175483723
fuck off
>>
>>175483723
fuck off
>>
File: 1376753560448.jpg (71KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1376753560448.jpg
71KB, 640x427px
>>175483723
>that gay shit you posted.
fuck off back to tumbler and or /co/
>>
File: Goro_smiling-thief.png (110KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Goro_smiling-thief.png
110KB, 512x512px
>>175483723
>he didn't listen
>>
questions

In p2, is there any way to do better with negotiating? the demon i need for death tarots rarely appears.

in p4g, is there a way to grind your character quickly like Monad in p3p?
>>
>>175482938
Forgot Kaga you fucker.
>>
For the Stephen fight what kind of accesory should I have? The one that resists ailments right? Or is there one that has endure I forgot.
>>
>>175483723
does magic even matter anything in this game
>>
>>175461458
Oh shit, I remember playing through that one. Unchained Blades Rexx or something. Shitty as fuck by FuRyu's standards. No wonder we never got Exxiv, which was even shitier.
>>
>>175486820
You're a faggot if you go in with anything other than the anarchy ring
>>
>>175483723
fuck off and go back to where ever you came from fag
>>
Why otaku love persona , hate SMT?
>>
>>175486229
You don't need to do any Negotiating in P2:IS. It's easy as fuck, just use the initial personas, their upgraded versions, and the ultimate personas. They're all handed to you. The Ultimate Personas can use Grand Cross fusion skill and OHKO every random encounter.

Also, farm gold hands in P4. There's a guide out there somewhere, they're easy to encounter in some floor of Rise's dungeon.
>>
>>175488339
why otaku alsp hate persona 1 persona 2
>>
>>175486635
I kept her out because of her retarded hair. And the fact she had two lines in the whole fucking game before dying.

>>175488339
Waifus and being the coolest high school guy every > killing your friends and being alone
>>
If I keep donating 1000 grand to Gaia, will that change my alignment from being Law in SMT 2?
>>
File: git gud.jpg (43KB, 485x514px) Image search: [Google]
git gud.jpg
43KB, 485x514px
>>175483723
>>
>>175486824
Apparently raising your magic increases all the stats of your demon allies. I got about 25~ Magic and all my demons have about a 2 stat bonus across all their stats
>>
>>175488835
It'll take far too long. Just accept that you're a lawfag.
>>
So i have both DDS and both Raidou games with me right now, what order should I play them in?

Should I do one series then the other or should I space them out to avoid burning out (like DDS 1>Raidou 1>DDS 2>Raidou 2)
>>
>>175489212
Space them out, especially with the DDS games. The DDS games are great but they are more monotonous between the first and second games while there's a difference between Raidou 1 and Raidou 2
>>
Progress ~ SMT if... - First of Three
Shin Megami Tensei: if...
# Posted on October 11th, 2014 05:42 PM by Gideon Zhi
Hi everyone, I promised updates today, so here they are! This is the first of three: Shin Megami Tensei if...

So I streamed some of the hacking for this a couple of months ago. There hasn´t really been much progress since, though all the remaining hacking is similar to what was done on-stream. That said, there isn´t much left and there´s an anniversary date coming up very, very soon... I´d like to have the game out for then. I´m not promising because we haven´t started playtesting yet and it´s going to be a bit of a push, but right now, that´s the goal.

https://agtp.romhack.net/

in 2017 still not finish
>>
>>175488963
it´s worth raising it?
>>
>>175489212
Digital Devil Saga is essentially a 2 disc game.
>>
>>175489002
Well I guess I got nothing to do for the next several hours. Also is this pic true?
>>
>>175489509
don´t remind me anon
>>
megami tensei II yhvh vs
shin megami tensei II yhvh vs
shin megami tensei iv apocalypse yhvh
>>
File: smt2_alignment.png (8KB, 756x92px) Image search: [Google]
smt2_alignment.png
8KB, 756x92px
>>175489750
>>175489002
Forgot pic
>>
>>175489772
>Gideon Zhi hate trump
https://twitter.com/gideonzhi
>>
>>175488391
sorry, should have mentioned i'm playing EP
>>
>>175448824
its gameplay is bad too
>>
>>175489212
DDS1&2 are pretty much just a single game, 1 doesn't have a real ending and continues with 2 straight away. Dunno why you'd want to space them out, you'd probably just end up forgetting some of the smaller hints and details that become important later on.
>>
>>175489967
Clever
>>
>>175489967
Yes, that's indeed how it works
>>
File: scoobert.png (62KB, 549x310px) Image search: [Google]
scoobert.png
62KB, 549x310px
DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY TO YOUR FANS
>>
>>175489967
>>175489750
Yeah, that's true. There's a lot of neat stuff like that
>>
>>175462631
Edgy Chaos-fiends.
Law is truth.
>>
>>175490203
wtf, I love Gideon now!?

In other news, he is starting to look for playtesters, so apparently he is finally making some progress.
>>
>>175490203
i fucknig hope the son of a bitch realeases the patch this year
>>
>>175482938
Margaret is so fucking ugly though.
>>
>>175490203
>For those of you wondering about SMTif I've diverted away from it because it needs lots of testing but it doesn't have any reliable testers.
>If more testers were available I might be more inclined to fix some of the remaining issues present on my bug tracker...
Were we allowed to have hope again?
>>
File: aeaa9032e35163ef7a54117f2b1c2169.jpg (417KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
aeaa9032e35163ef7a54117f2b1c2169.jpg
417KB, 768x1024px
>>175490980
Fuck off. I want her to sit on my face.
>>
>>175489603
Maybe. If strength increases your physical damage considerably you're better off raising that
>>
>>175490637
Since you're new I'll break it to you.

Chaoskeks=niggers
Lawkeks=brainless sheep
Neutralkeks=hesitant pussies
Maruobros=cool and enlightened individuals with big dicks
>>
>>175415671
>>175415917
>>175415897
What is wrong with yurishit? Do you guys prefer yaoishit?

Also, this is Leviathan.
>>
>>175491657
>maruobros
>being fat acceptance
yeah i don't think so
>>
>>175491669
I'm not a paperclip.
I'm a man of God, not a demon fucking degenerate.
>>
>>175491669
>Do you guys prefer yaoishit

No.

I prefer vanilla hetro extreme handholding action.
>>
>>175491669
The only people who like yurishit are chris-chan level transbians
>>
>>175475463
THANK YOU
>>
File: PolytheistGroup_zpsi0kniynf.jpg (87KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
PolytheistGroup_zpsi0kniynf.jpg
87KB, 800x420px
>>175491657
Ploytheismbros=chads
>>
>>175492172
I just prefer no beta men in my porn.

Still waiting for the reveal that one of the seven demon lords is actually a futanari with a big Mara.
>>
>>175492490
more like redditors
>>
>>175492687
Thanks for proving me right
>>
File: smt2-alice.png (158KB, 1227x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smt2-alice.png
158KB, 1227x1080px
>>
>>175492490
>that fedora
>a chad
*tip* my messiah
>>
>>175492856
The cutest demon
>>
>>175492490
the look in his eye, you just KNOW they banged

krishna is known to be THE most hung guy in the divine powers, possibly one of the biggest in the world. his cock has been described as "shesha's twin brother", with gargantual thickness that would rival aleph and mara. im estimating his size to be at least 8.5" bone pressed, with OVER 7" of girth. he would have absolutely destroyed odin and maitreya's assholes.

they would have spent hours and hours on foreplay, getting themselves lubed enough just so they can take it. i can just imagine them begging for it, with krishna barely able to force it past the knob, with odin and maitreya moaning and squirming, demanding him to force it in deeper. they would have received salvation within seconds of taking the entire length, being filled and stretched right up to their cervix.. the orgasm would have been powerful, with their prostate muscles clamping down on krishna's throbbing godslayer, their whole bodies quivering in euphoria..

i bet they still masturbate to the memory of it
>>
>>175488557
>moving the goal post
You said purely by physical looks.
>>
File: Beldel.png (224KB, 534x741px) Image search: [Google]
Beldel.png
224KB, 534x741px
This fight is a giant faggot
>>
>>175493325
>Buddhism
>sex

Also Odin's the biggest playa in his pantheon
>>
File: Isabeau.png (202KB, 368x866px) Image search: [Google]
Isabeau.png
202KB, 368x866px
Why is pic related so hot?
>>
>>175494183
It's the legs.
>>
>>175489482
>>175489727
>>175490315

Guess I'll try playing both DDS games and try not to burn out, now that I know that they have a continuous plot.

Also what stats should I focus on for Serph's level ups?
>>
Anyone notice the newer Shin Megami games are starting to have happier endings? Is Atlus trying to get the Persona fans onboard to the main series? Sort of how a dev would make an easier entry into a series to get new fans then gradually ramp up the difficulty back to how it originally was. Only in this case it's more...happy.
>>
>>175494256
or the fucking rocking ass theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMSmi8ZOSno
>>
>>175494541
that's danu's theme now
>>
File: lawhero.jpg (56KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
lawhero.jpg
56KB, 200x267px
Just finished SMT 1.
I remember Nocturne having a high encounter rate, but in SMT past act 1 I feel I couldn't have moved 3 steps without an encounter with 3 rounds of 4-8 enemies a pop.

Is SMT 2 (and SJ and Iv for that matter) as bad with the encounter rate.
End game I was 'escaping' from 3/4 encounters. And then, 2/3 of those just had me move on step and start another.
>>
>>175494183
Legs and a fun attitude. Also voice, dub voice isn't bad and kind of endearing but in the sub she's voiced by sex incarnate Miyuki Sawashiro.
>>
>>175494290
Doesn't matter, you can build Serph however you like.
>>
File: 1479635089838.jpg (147KB, 499x642px) Image search: [Google]
1479635089838.jpg
147KB, 499x642px
>>175494753
Use Estoma, collect demons to use talk when you encounter them and auto-battle is your friend. I don't remember II's encounter rate but I don't remember having trouble with I or II. You should be concerned about the backtracking in II, it's horrible.
>>
>>175492856
Is it possible to fuse the Fiends in II using the debug menu or cheats.
>>
>>175494753
Yeah, SMT2 is similar, SJ isn't.
>>
>>175495272
You can, magic > physical though.
>>
>>175495756
How do you even recruit them in the first place? Using "Talk" doesn't do anything
>>
>>175494183
She looks like a monkey
>>
>>175495956
You can make Serph a very good physical attacker too.
You can make him whatever you need, DDS is pretty easy so you could just dump all of his points into something like Agility and still be perfectly fine too. For the superbosses you are going to farm incense to max every relevant stat across your party anyways so it matters even less for that
>>
>>175496013
You dont, they are just rare bosses.
>>175495756
If they appear with any of the fusion codes, maybe you can cheat them in
>>175494753
SMT2's better. Plus by mid game you get your Heroine with estoma.
>>
>>175496448
I killed everybody except demifiend on a magic serph on my first playthrough, you don't need to do any grinding.
>>
>>175496638
Like I said, for everything but the superbosses you could have Serph just pass away all his turns and never do anything if you wanted and still be a-ok. DDS is not a very hard game and unless you want to go up against Demifiend or Satan you shouldn't ever need to grind.
>>
>>175448682
Is Baroque actually worth playing? I have a copy lying around, and I've never touched it.
>>
What is the crown jewel of the SMT franchise?
>>
>>175501085
Ronde.
>>
>>175501085
TMS
>>
>>175488391
When do Persona handouts get upgraded again?
>>
>>175497586
Dunno about playing, but it's worth experiencing in my opinion.
It's super tedious and it plays like garbage, but it's very atmospheric and does some pretty cool stuff.
There is pretty much no way you will "finish" it without a guide without spending hundreds of hours being bored out of your mind, but at the same time going in with prior knowledge is gonna ruin a lot of the experience. It's a weird game.
>>
File: 1485066948287.jpg (442KB, 600x472px) Image search: [Google]
1485066948287.jpg
442KB, 600x472px
https://youtu.be/5mr5_9id680

bring my nigga masuko back
>>
>>175501645
>pixie butt
Wew
Man last recorded work that he contributed to for a game I could find was fucking DBZ
I see the resembelances though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBssqV7DOQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kpI-fCsCB8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtYMBxH8Sso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8mo4kMg6Xc
>>
>>175481813
>2 games
>milking
Did you think Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment were milking?
>>
>>175492172
>he needs a dick in his porn
>i-i'm straight I swear
>>
>>175491669
It has the one of the worst fanbase from any genre in the media, it also doesn't help that it manages to be even more insipid than haremshit.
>>
File: 1478192086031.jpg (72KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478192086031.jpg
72KB, 848x480px
>>175503013
According to this, he worked on Caligula, a Vita title, but I'm not sure.

http://vgmdb.net/album/60594

Koduka is a fine replacement but it'd be nice to see him to work on a new Megaten. Hopefully, we won't have Meguro for the HD Project. Those Nocturne influences in the teaser lead me to think that we'll have him instead of Koduka.
>>
Does anyone have those links to the meganten remix/medleys?
I remember listening to them a couple years ago, there was a set of 3 or 4 youtube videos that were like 10 minute mixes of songs from almost all the PS2 megaten games. I haven't been able to find them since.
>>
Is SMT HD confirmed to be a switch exclusive?
>>
>try to flirt with female demons in SJ
>get rejected left and right

If Persona is a waifu simulator, SMT is a 3D girl simulator
>>
>>175508821
t.Anthony
>>
>>175503013
>Attack of the Saiyans
holy crap I remember that game. Good shit. It's Endless Frontier reskinned as dragonball
>>
Am curious about something since I'm on my 2nd SMT game. Is demon fusion actual fusion or is it sacrificing other demons to summon another demon? That would explain why guys like Krishna and Odin can be summoned, despite presumably being unique demons. But I haven't faced the former for the 2nd time yet so maybe I'm talking out my ass.
>>
>>175508821
FAILURE
>>
>>175511957
I always assumed that the fusion process broke them down into magnetite, making a new demon with it.
>>
File: Ch2-eNVUYAIwAsY.jpg (147KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ch2-eNVUYAIwAsY.jpg
147KB, 1000x1000px
>>175508821
The real question is, why would you ever want a 3D girl or any girl who acts like a 3D girl?

>>175493325
Please continue.
>>
>>175511957
It's basically a blood sacrifice to summon another demon. Fusion is just less depressing way to think about it.
>>
>>175496013
>can't recruit Alice by giving her a Hiranya like she asked for in SMT1
>>
>>175513686
>smt 1 alice
>asks you to die for her
>smt4 alice has the move die for me
i like the little touches the put i this game
>>
>>175501085
Devil Summoner
>>
Is it worth it to level up Alice in 4A, or should I just fuse her away?
>>
>>175515076
>Is it worth it to level up ____ 4A, or should I just fuse her away
get all the skills relevant skills through levelling up then fuse unless you like the look of the demon then you spend hours fusing demons to make the one you want with some good skills
>>
>>175514665
It's been the tier 3 death spell since Persona 3
>>
>>175496508
Unfortunately, none of the Fiends are in the Fusion Code list so I thought they might be in the bug menu.
>>
>>175515076
She learns High Dark Pleroma after leveling up to 53 which was pretty useful.
>>
>>175515076
You can re-fuse for later. Also save her for krishna. Toot Toot.
>>
>>175515076
Fuse an ultra Alice with Mephisto's Dark Pierce.
>>
>>175515076
Alice is always worth it
>>
Why is this series so irrelevant
>>
>>175518947
It's more relevant now than ever.
>>
>>175518947
The rule is that the best stuff is always for a small elite
>>
>>175518947
When did people start to feel good about having similar tastes to the masses?
>>
>>175518947
Too edgy, if you changed the name of demons to something else and replaced all the religious imagery with let's say psychological shit it would be a hit
>>
What's gonna happen in Deep?
>>
>>175520227
the owl is not what he seems
>>
>>175520227
Everyone is demons
>>
>>175520227
>and then doomguy was zombie
>>
Will Deep include more demons that weren't in the original?
>>
>>175520945
I hope so.
But SJ already had a shit ton of demons.
>>
>>175520945
Probably, I mean, at this point they only can go for quantity instead of quality.
>>
>>175520227
Goatse
>>
>>175515076
Save her for Krishna. He will fuck your shit if you don't
>>
File: 1483038005247.png (177KB, 294x296px) Image search: [Google]
1483038005247.png
177KB, 294x296px
>>175520486
>we'll never have bob as a demon
>>
File: 1492890657220.jpg (85KB, 1260x954px) Image search: [Google]
1492890657220.jpg
85KB, 1260x954px
I want to play a new SMT game. Should I play Apocalypse or Devil Survivor? I liked SMT IV and the Fire Emblem GBA games btw
>>
>>175522123
If you just played 4, dont play apoc. If you just played fe, don't play desu.

If you haven't played either in a while, i'd go with desu. Apoc is good but its a longer game
>>
Should phys and gun skills use health or MP?
>>
File: 1469021944756.jpg (81KB, 753x644px) Image search: [Google]
1469021944756.jpg
81KB, 753x644px
>>175523674
health
>>
File: alephhappy.png (30KB, 198x250px) Image search: [Google]
alephhappy.png
30KB, 198x250px
>>175523674
Phys HP. Guns idk, maybe MP.

HP for physical attacks is more appealing in the idea of being a pure strength or physical fighter.
>>
Guys in SMTIV:A where do I go to get more Chakra drops/pots etc? Or do I just have to talk to demons?
>>
>>175522123
Play Apoc AND DeSu
>>
>>175524736
There are tons in treasure chests. By the middle of the game I filled my inventory with them.

Also pay attention to those weird containers that only the fairy spear can break, those always have the best loot.
>>
>>175522123
Don't play Apoc, its shit and ruins what IV set up.
>>
File: 1491430016981.jpg (8KB, 173x180px) Image search: [Google]
1491430016981.jpg
8KB, 173x180px
>>175524973
Not him, but didn't Apoc ruin the lore, story and shit? I never played it.
>>
>>175522123
Go play Apoc. It's great and expand on IV
>>
>>175522123
play apoc, you can kill a japanese drumpf
>>
>>175524932
Thing is I need em to fight Stephan and I dont have that much full mana pots and I am at the end game (right before you fight YHVH in NG+) I dont know what I did to them maybe I sold them all or something its been years since I last touched Apoc
>>
>>175525102
That's SMT1, and Persona 5 though.
>>
File: Persephone.jpg (35KB, 452x754px) Image search: [Google]
Persephone.jpg
35KB, 452x754px
Why is Persephone split in half? Is there a part of the myth that I didn't read and do you think it would interfere with someone trying to bone her
>>
>>175525102
What'd he mean by this?
>>
>>175525565
I would play her like an accordion.
>>
>>175525565
>Is there a part of the myth that I didn't read
Pretty much all of it.
>>
>>175525565
Read the manga
>>
File: sfe010.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sfe010.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>175494183
Isaboo would be cuter with long hair.
>>
>>175524973
Apocalypse is fun, that alone is reason enough to play it. If he could enjoy IV even with all of its flaws, then he'll be fine with Apocalypse.
>>
>>175525849
No, watch the anime series and then the OVA.
>>
>>175525986
as long as they're pirating the game instead of buying it i dont care if they play it really
>>
>>175525064
It didn't ruin anything, some of the characters are just poorly written
>>
>>175526382
This is what retards with no taste think.
Do not listen to drool-anon.
>>
>>175526493
Fuck off Flynn
>>
>>175526493
I know you are but what am I
>>
>>175525205
One of the stores in Ginza Shopping District after you get the Black Card.
>>
>>175525205
Metatrons in the last brane give out garnets when traded with while panicked. Garnets can be exchanged with saint germain for great chakras. You have to be kind of lucky but I got about one garnet per 20-30 trades.
>>
>>175526719
I thought that one only gave armor and weapons?
>>
>>175527263
There's another shop in that area that sells stuff like chakra pots, beads, attack and magic mirrors, and the like. Think its right across the road
>>
>>175526339
it's a good game. you're just being autistic
>>
>>175427219
No
>>
>>175448682
If you're going to make a list of shitty smt'ish games and not include Koudelka or the first shadow hearts you can get fucked.
>>
>tfw can't do shit in the Merkabah and Lucifer fight in apo
Guess it's time to drop the game.
>>
>>175530145
>can't do shit
What do you mean? Are you really getting your shit pushed in by those two?
>>
>>175530145
I beat those 2 fuckers in 2 tries on apoc first time playing, and that's because merky was being a bitch and spamming deadly wind on nanashi.

Actually git gud.
>>
>>175530570
Yes, I can't do shit because my demons are terrible, I'll need to spend 3+ hours grinding up money to fuse a team that doesn't suck and I don't have the will to do that.

Was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>175530145
join lucifer
>>
>>175530145
I can't even comprehend how you can get that far into the game and complain about the difficulty of the easiest of the modern Megaten games.
>>
>>175530919
Because I find the game even harder than Nocturne or hell, any other SMT to date.
>>
>>175531194
What difficulty are you playing on son?
>>
>>175530864
Just do a quest that you probably missed and miss new demons along the way.
Whenever I think I'm fucked after dying 2-3 in a fight, I take a breather and do something, afterwards I beat them first try.
>>
>>175531194
????
Are you using you're partners correctly and taking advantage of smirking? The game is extremely similar to nocturne bedsides those subsystems so I can't see how you'd be good at one and not the other if you master the new ones.

>>175531417
This is good advice though go do some subquests and fuse up so new guys that can exploit the bosses weaknesses.
>>
>playing SMT1
>refuse to help the gaians destroy the church or whatever because i don't want to get involved in their petty conflict
>become lawfag
welp
>>
Man the 3DS speakers don't do any of SMTIV/A tracks justice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSxaj3VGJ2A&t=40s

Sounds way more menacing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik

Also this is hands down the most underated track in SMTIV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKWbj7mgmw
>>
>>175531247
War since it's the only way to have fun, I never ran into such a wall, so I'll just give up.
>>
File: Smug neuter fag.png (265KB, 518x742px) Image search: [Google]
Smug neuter fag.png
265KB, 518x742px
>>175531728
You might just have shit demons then son.

Wait until you fight this faggot
>>
>>175531660
also does the PS1 port of SMT1 reduce the encounters

it's ridiculous, i had enemies spawn 4 times in a row after i finished killing one group
>>
>SJ sequel
>SMT I remake in Unreal Engine
I haven't checked this general in a couple years but it seems like things are looking up.
>>
>>175532184
>sequel
It's the same game featuring Yukiko from the Persona series so Japs buy it.
>SMT I remake
It's a new game.
>>
>>175530919
It's the easiest to break, but not the easiest to beat.
>>
>>175532443
Well yeah but that's because YHVH's domain makes me lose the will to live not because it's difficult.
>>
>>175531996
that's kind of the point of rpgs
>>
>>175532965
i don't think any other JRPG ever did the whole "you just killed like 60 guys? let's spawn more right away" kind of thing

battles never end
>>
>>175533205
yeah we need a remake where chaos hero jumps in with assassinate
>>
File: true goddess reincarnation.jpg (157KB, 657x439px) Image search: [Google]
true goddess reincarnation.jpg
157KB, 657x439px
>the point of the SJ remake is actually to retrieve Kaneko after his flight to the depths of the Schwarzwelt
>"The existence of the Schwarzwelt itself is tethered to humanity's abuse of nature. As long as humans abuse nature, the Schwarzwelt cannot be removed from reality."
>>
>>175533373
A game where you have a special demon you can make your partner like if.... But each race had a different racial ability that could trigger if it was your partner would be pretty cool. Reapers could have and assassination attempt when starting battle. Tyrants could make weak enemies flee. Flight could fly you out of an encirclement so ambushes become impossible.
>>
>>175532298
Well you've massively deflated my expectations of DEEP but made me look forward to SMT HD even more.
>>
>>175534029
I think I'd rather have DEEP be a remake of one of the best games then whatever the fuck Apocalypse was
>>
>>175534261
>SJ
>One of the best
>>
>>175534261
>then whatever the fuck Apocalypse was

One of the best games in the series?
>>
>>175534580
My mistake I meant The Best
>>
>>175534580
Certainly the best first person dungeon crawler in the series that is playable without a turbo button.
>>
File: 1492706076016.png (922KB, 1212x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1492706076016.png
922KB, 1212x1130px
>>
>>175534912
Yeah a few quality of life changes and some new demons and bosses and It'll top my list
>>
>>175534612
>SJ
>the best game in the series when the masterpiece known as Persona 5 exists

LOL stay delusional SJfag
>>
>>175534961
Can you romance those two in the game?
>>
>>175535040
I like persona 5 too, in fact I think it has many points above SJ. The soundtrack and style are superior and P5 is actually better at creating tension in the story. That doesn't change my love for SJ's superior Dungeon crawling and extremely tight game play or the massive amount of demons and fun and rewarding bosses that you can fight, both things that P5 lacks.

It's okay to like both Persona and mainline
>>175535227
No
>>
>>175535301
>No
Worse than dropped, not even gonna pick it up
>>
File: oh hey.jpg (170KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
oh hey.jpg
170KB, 1280x720px
>>175535227
Attendants always seem to fall in love with the protagonist once you finish their quest line but no not like the regular girls
>>
File: 11.jpg (29KB, 235x187px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
29KB, 235x187px
>>175534912
>SJ
>playable without a turbo button.
Persona 1 did a much better job in fucking 1996
>>
>>175535406
Thanks for letting me know your opinion means a lot to me.

>>175535463
>P1
> every battle is auto battle the game
>better
>>
>>175535463
This.

Persona once again shows that its superior to the "mainline" in almost every capacity. Its honestly kind of sad at this point watching SMT slowly die off due to it being so mediocre when directly compared to Persona haha.
>>
>>175535574
I'm talking about dungeon crawling m8 every one knows everything else about that game is absolute pile of garbage.
>>
File: kill me.jpg (80KB, 750x701px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
80KB, 750x701px
>Debuff cripple twice with debilitate
>Aleph STILL fucking misses with Gideon bullet
Getting REAL tired of this, failure as a messiah.

If I get him to -3 in all stats will he de-debuff himself like he does in the first stage or no? What is the threshold for him doing reboot code?
>>
>>175535750
The game that has a nine level dungeon with forced pit traps and dead ends that force you to start back at the top which makes you do the exact same dungeon twice does not have good dungeon crawling. Even the final dungeon in the SEBEC quest is just a bunch of long dead ends with no traps or anything. The only thing P1 has is the fast run speed but that wasn't even that fast until the PSP port. In conclusion you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and I'm pretty sure you've never actually played P1.
>>
>>175535920
he just does reboot code whenever he wants, I'm pretty sure

the fight is ridiculously stupid, you have to play it super safe but then you'll still probably get fucked over hard
>>
anyone here play the last bible gaiden series? If so whats your guys thoughts on it, I just finished the first one and it was overall a decent experience just wish I could've revived teamates during combat
>>
File: brudda.jpg (88KB, 579x493px) Image search: [Google]
brudda.jpg
88KB, 579x493px
I am now heading into the third and up Kalpas. Am I in for some fun?

>>175522105
RIP in Pieces Bob
>>
>>175536341
The closest I got was on my second attempt and he got a crit out of fucking nowere and fucked over the messiah team and I held on for a bit but got fucked with a crit again. But now that I know I can -3 him with no problem I might be safer now.

He is't that hard on "normal" but on war Jesus fuck
>>
Why is a cripple in a wheelchair stronger than motherfucking YVHV?
>>
>>175536221
Have you ever played SJ? Phase A and B bullshit makes you go throught the same sector at least twice. The scanning is fucking slow you need to face every direction on every fucking tile to make sure you dind't lose an epin hidden door, the game has so many dead ends it gives you a tittle for hitting walls, muh sleep traps and dark areas so you can be quickly oneshot on random enconters because this is a HARCORE REAL SMT. There's nothing revolutionary about SJ dugeon crawling it's slow and clunky.
>>
>>175537748
If you didn't have traps you're just walking down random fucking corridors, you might as well play fucking gone home if you don't like the battles and you don't want any variance in you're dungeon design. They're are apps and immune demons to negate trap tiles you just need to plan for them, as you should in any good dungeon crawler. They're are also demons around who give hints about every single hidden door in the game and you don't need to spin on every tile cause door can obviously only be located on walls.
>>
>>175537438

What do you get for beating him?
>>
>>175537387
Hellish mazes and Dante from the Devil May Cry™ series.
>>
>>175538141
It just fun as fuck. When I got him to down to 0 HP it felt great. Also seeing SMT 1 hero say He does not know what to chose whether it be Chaos or Law or something else after you beat him was legit. You get a but load of exp but who cares?
>>
File: rYFWTiD.jpg (92KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
rYFWTiD.jpg
92KB, 800x800px
>>175538034
>Say P1 has bad dungeons designs because of you need to redo a pit trap dungeon and has dead ends
>if-if you don't like redoing dungeons ,cheap traps and arbitrary dungeon designs drop mainline you corridor loving fag
>>
>>175538141
bragging rights, I think, especially if you beat it on war or apocalypse
>>
Do you guys ever think about fucking Mastema?

I do.
>>
>>175540982
Not really, that's gay as fuck.
>>
>>175541058
it's not gay unless the balls touch, son of man
>>
>>175540939
Is he the hardest boss in SMT? Assuming he is on "hard"/War is he harder then Demifiend?
>>
>>175541129
He doesn't even wear a skirt. It's gay as fuck my dude.
>>
>>175542539
you can cheese him by going up to level 999 or whatever and max out stats via incenses.

but assuming you don't purchase any other DLC than the cleo/mephisto stuff then yes, he is easily the hardest boss in megaten.
>>
>>175542760
>you can cheese him by going up to level 999 or whatever and max out stats via incenses.

This is just straight up cheating and ruins any fun. Well then I guess its time for Demifiend in DDS1 then. or maybe Apocalypse Steven.
>>
>>175497586
well it is but only if you can hold baroque inside yourself, play chess when both of you have only one heart, when Blaze will scorch you through and Advanced Angel will make you repent for your sins, because pain is gone, give us pure water please, purify the angelic bullets with angelic rifle and littles with them, conciusness orbs, idea sephira, koriel members, Absolute God

should you play Baroque?
pffff
do you even have the ability to play it?
>>
Just admit she's still the cutest and sexiest demon, no competition.
>>
File: 1475170427555.jpg (224KB, 623x699px) Image search: [Google]
1475170427555.jpg
224KB, 623x699px
>>175543251
Kinda hard to get the succ from her, though.
>>
>>175543251
>cutest
No
>sexiest
No
>>
>>175543251
I loved how it was the first demon you recruited in P5 just like in Nocturne, and SJ and one of the three in DeSu 1 and 2 I think. Any other game she is recruited first?
>>
Jungo is the objectively the best character in this game and if you think otherwise you should neck yourself
>>
>>175543156
Kill yourself
>>
>>175543335
What's the point of puffy vulva if you're too small to use it
>>
>>175543251
t.Demifiend
>>
Apocalypse is objectively the best game in the SMT franchise and there is nothing you can do about it
>>
>>175543627
She fucks Jack Frosts, and since they're snowmen they have malleable dicks.
>>
File: Тургор.jpg (113KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
Тургор.jpg
113KB, 424x600px
>>175543554
this is shin megami tensei game too

though, i don't think lots of people will be able to play it
>>
>>175543789
A Chiaki campaign?
>>
>>175543693
>gameplay
Sure
>fusion system
Sure
>OST
Debatable
>characters
Yeah the gods are all cool, your friends get killed everytime so who cares
>dungeons
Now hold the fuck up
>>
>>175544043
>gameplay
>Sure

Stopped reading there. That's all it needs to be the best game in the series. I'm sorry if you're too stupid to realize this.
>>
>>175544043
The ost isn't debatable, pretty much all the new tracks range from decent to godtier

Dungeons aren't bad either, only bad one is yhvh's universe and that's not too terribly hard to get through if you run past everything and don't have a bad sense of direction
>>
>>175543447
She's pretty effective with dances, pair well with my WORLD OF STRENGTH
>>
>>175544194
OST from IV is much better I felt.
>>
I'm playing SJ and man, Eridanus is a pain in the ass with all the teleporters, holes, stairs and status inducing floors, even with the map is still a mindbending clusterfuck, are the treasures in 2F valuable enough to extend the suffering?
>>
>>175543762
What good is that to me though
>>
>>175544459
at least Eridanus have some good music and this green bushes everywhere
>>
>>175544545
That it lets you focus on human girls instead.
>>
File: Gu_Huo_Niao.jpg (46KB, 517x747px) Image search: [Google]
Gu_Huo_Niao.jpg
46KB, 517x747px
>>175543251

If she wasn't the size of my forearm, she'd be top tier.

THIS is best demon. No doubt.
>>
>>175544945
so, how do i make human girls focus on me?
>>
File: 1493585467403.jpg (139KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493585467403.jpg
139KB, 800x600px
>>175544945
I don't wanna fuck human girls I wanna fuck demons
>>
>>175545001
Riberama. Girls are the same as demons
>>
SMT4A > P5 > SMTIV > Nocturne = SJ > DeSu 1 > DDS1+2 > everything else

Thoughts? Opinions?
>>
>>175545001
Wait until destiny lets you meet the reincarnation of your past lover.
>>
File: NekomataSMT3.jpg (137KB, 1840x1256px) Image search: [Google]
NekomataSMT3.jpg
137KB, 1840x1256px
>>175544984
>saying that when you know damn well Ashura, Nekomata and Maya exist
>>
How small pixie actually is? Hypothetically speaking would she have to hug a human dick and fly up and down in order to jack it off?
>>
>>175545131
>IV above anything
Get out.
>>175545194
Stop sexualizing Pixie.
>>
>>175545131
yes. baroque, folklore, galerians. knights in the nightmare. nier, maybe. you know the drill
>>
>>175545131
I have no strong positive nor negative thoughts about your tastes whatsoever.
>>
>>175545303
They aren't tastes, they're facts.
>>
>>175545254
Why do people keep bringing up fucking Folklore
>>
>tfw Persona 5 is more hardcore than SMT1, SMT2, Persona 2, Raidou and Soul Hackers
>>
>>175545393
Cozy was Creative Producer on it. Pretty much the only thing he worked on after he left Atlus along with Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner.
>>
>>175545393
>>175546050
Have any of you guys played Folklore? It was aight. I got it for like 5 or 10 bucks though.
>>
After I finish Soul Hackers should I play:
-SMT I-SMTIV:A
or should I play SMTIV>SMTIV:A>SMTI>SMTII

Besides Soul Hackers I've only ever beaten DeSu and Strange Journey. I'll be playing Radou 1 soon but want to play a handheld one as well (I'll put SMTI and II on my 3ds)
>>
>>175546178
Yeah I like Folklore but I don't know if it's really worth bringing up in a SMT thread

If it was on PC or PS4 I'd tell people to try it out
>>
>>175546178
I remember getting to the end of the girls story and didn't really feel like playing through the game again with the dude.
>>
>>175546203
Play SMT1 > SMT IV > SMT 2 > SMT IV:A to minimize burnout chance
>>
>>175546203
If you liked Soul Hackers play SMT1, SMT2, and Persona 1.
>>
>>175546225
Its just a may may.

>>175546203
How much did you enjoy SH since SMT 1 and 2 are alot like that. I loved SH so I liked SMT 1 and 2 despite some back tracking and general vagueness. I say SMTIV first and then play SMT 1 and 2. Since playing another 80 game that is exactly like IV might burn you out.
>>
>>175546350
>Persona 1
only if you hate yourself
>>
>>175546203
Don't go for IV and the Apocalypse there's too much reused you'll definitely burn out. In the same vein if you ever end up wanting to play the P2 duology stick a game in the middle or you'll get real tired of running the same dungeons twice.
>>
>>175546460
P1 is not that bad Its just kinda slow. Nothing like fast foward cant fix

Its slower then P3 also
>>
>>175546350
idk Soul Hackers feels like it's playing at 100x speed compared to Persona 1
>>
>>175546335
>>175546462
Thanks for the advice. I didn't consider getting burned out.
>>175546364
I've been enjoying SH. I've been having a slightly off time only because I can't as-easily have a full party of demons all the time but I'm at the Haunted Mansion and got the sword for MC from the casino so it's going pretty easy at the moment. Also I feel like I'm not using Zeed as well as I should be.
>>
>soul hackers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbRQwTjkXlg
>>
>>175546635
You shouldn't really be fielding a full party in SH. It's really balanced towards using the MC Nemissa and Zeed and maybe another demon for the most part, and only summoning the rest for bosses.

As for Zeed you can fuse him up into a special class of demon that is very effective but you'd have to look up how, It's been too long and I can't remember the trick.
>>
Devil Survivor 2 is definitely the hardest MegaTen game, right?
>>
>>175546812
If you have not played DeSu 1 AND are shit at Srpgs then maybe sure
>>
>>175546178
I played it. Berry good game, no one makes this ones anymore. I don't really get the plot, but locations, demons, worlds, atmosphere, gameplay is dark and good

>>175546505
>>175546505
no it's THIS bad. ESPECIALLY if we re talking about PS1 version

>>175546203
no one likes Raidou games

no, really, everyone hates them. good Raidou, good japan setting, good ost (though it consist of replays of only one song, like 56 versions of Blinded By Light in FF13), but those games are boring as fuck as hell, even if we can play as demons in Raidou1, even if we can summon 2 demons in Raidou2 (though 2 demons in 2 more useless than 1 in raidou1), everyone hate this games because they are boring as fuck. no one replays them too, you must be a fucking mazochist to replay a raidou game
>>
>>175546849
I have played 1, still think 2 is way harder. Will admit to being shit at SRPGs though.
>>
>>175546854
I enjoyed both raidou games
>>
>>175546969
no you didn't.
>>
>>175547102
ok
>>
>>175546812
Its actually playing any untranslated MegaTen game without knowing any Japanese.
>>
>>175547278
Nah I beat FINAL just fine by constantly taking screenshots and running it in google translate.
>>
>>175544459
I almost lost my mind in Eridanus, if it didn't have an otherwise calming atmosphere, I might have actually dropped SJ at Eridanus. Horologium is way worse by the way, you're gonna need to draw your own map or, if you're lazy, follow a guide.
>>
File: googletranslate-1.jpg (155KB, 630x355px) Image search: [Google]
googletranslate-1.jpg
155KB, 630x355px
>>175547676
Why didn't you just use that Google Translate app for the phone?
>>
>yfw nanashi becomes a superboss in SMT V and not Flynn
>>
>>175547923
>implying it won't be Massacre Nanashi and horde of Flynns
>>
>>175547884
This is a thing? i can play SMT if... then sweet
>>
>>175547884
I did.
>>
>>175544459
>>175547740
Am I the only one who doesn't mind teleport mazes. The last dungeon of DDS2, Eridanus, Sabrina's Dungeon everyone complains about them but I've never minded them personally.

>>175548032
>Staring at a phone pointed at a computer emulating a SNES game.
>>
>>175548104
>SNES
SMT if... came out on the PS1 also so get fucked
>>
>>175548104
>not RDTing into your phone
>>
>>175548032
I tried it. Didn't really have the patience to get trough the setup. Its pretty finicky but if you can get a decent setup, go knock yourself out trying to understand Engrish.
>>
>>175548104
Teleporters on their own are a mild annoyance but you pair them off with status floors and fucking pitfalls and you've got a recipe for insanity. Horologium ups the ante by tossing conveyor belts in the mix. If Horo also had phase shift, I would have quit.
>>
>>175548279
See conveyors are way worse to me. A teleport doesn't waste your time if you make a wrong move you instantly end up somewhere else. A conveyor maze though, if you fuck up not only do you end up somewhere you don't want to be you have to watch your guy slowly inch his way there.
>>
File: sNIU6xxDNPEn2SjQ.jpg (288KB, 1600x1199px) Image search: [Google]
sNIU6xxDNPEn2SjQ.jpg
288KB, 1600x1199px
>>175531689
fucking handhelds
>>
>>175531689
what are headphones
>>
If Gideon has already called dibs on the SNES version of SMT if... can't some other group call dibs on the PSX version of if...?
>>
>>175549505
No one is ever going to bother translating the ps1 version
>>
Are there any SMT games that a WORLD OF LUCK build is vaible? SMTIV would be with the introduction of Smirk right?
>>
>>175549549
Go for it son.

Do I & II while you're at it.
>>
>>175550449
>Do I & II while you're at it.
just play the snes version its not that bad
>>
File: home at last.jpg (41KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
home at last.jpg
41KB, 500x544px
Just beat SMT1. Woowee. I'm finally making progress on this goddamn series despite being a fan for so long. Now I've beaten P1, 2:IS, 4, Soul Hackers and SMTIV, with SJ and Nocturne near completed.
>Louis Cypher: Hey, you need to go to the west if you want something to let you beat Asura
>go west
>YOU WERE EXPECTING AN ITEM? IT'S ME,
BEELZEBUB

>>175549694
Soul Hackers benefits a lot from pumping luck.
>>
>>175551783
>play smt
>finally understand the series hardon for alice.
>>
>>175551987
It's almost crazy how much leverage she's gotten after just being a one-off NPC. She just keeps appearing and appearing. She's more of a series mainstay than some of the mechanics set up in SMT1.
>>
>>175551772
I already did, doesn't stop me for wanting to see PS1 ports translated.
>>
>>175545183
>Ashura
You meant Asherah no?
>>
>>175546178
I played. Still my favorite PS3 game. A shame the developer tanked so Folklore 2 was cancelled and no updated ports or remakes or whatever.
>>
What does INT do in Soul Hackers?
>>
>>175554229
he meant ARSHURA SHOCKER
>>
What does the pastebin mean by upgrade ame-no-habakiri? Is there an npc for it?
>>
Did Devil Survivor do good enough to see a DeSu3 for the Switch?
>>
File: image.png (129KB, 241x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
129KB, 241x314px
>Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building in SMT1
Who beta tested this?
>undead zombies with gun attacks are tanks and just hit hard even when hitting weaknesses you don't even know about prior
>can glitch and become unbeatable
>introducing those Remorse/Lemure faggots who spam Zamna and hit hard
>sukunda and Magic from demons aren't in large supplies at that level
>resets buffs with every wave
>ghouls are meat shields
That was the only hard boss in the damn game.
>>
>>175556015
Doesn't the translation patch cause you to fight extra rounds? It's some shit.
>>
how do people play SMT1-2 now? there was new release, i missed something? or it's half translated old ones, or something? can you play them on 3ds?
>>
>>175556150
I think there's a chance of that happening, did that more compared to when I did it with AG's one.
>>
>>175556298
No new release, I think it's just me and someone else who're playing and posting about it.
>can you play them on 3ds?
Via homebrew and emulator, I'd guess.
>>
>>175556467
I beat it back in October, I'm sort of itching for a replay.
>>
Where can I find specific percentages on how probable instant death skills are to land?
>>
>>175555429
Increases Magic Attack less than Ma but increases more Max MP than Ma.
>>
>>175555643
There's a challenge quest further in the story about delivering a Orochi in the Fairy Forest. Fuse one and head
>>
>>175558352
>There's a challenge quest further in the story about delivering a Orochi in the Fairy Forest. Fuse one and head over to the Kakkun path.
Ups.
>>
File: 1463463147513.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463463147513.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
Morning /smtg/

>air raid shelter
>been autistically filling up the map
>just realized I've been through the same area twice
>but the map wasn't filled up

I can't check the map by pressing square but I'm fairly certain this is supposed to be pseudo-labyrinthic? Do I just keep moving forward? Is there any point to fully exploring this or am I just wasting my time?

Don't forget your coffhee-ho
>>
>>175558685
I think the map changes/resets as you "progress" through the maze. And no, no point in mapping it since you can't return there.
>>
File: smthd archangel design.jpg (390KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
smthd archangel design.jpg
390KB, 2560x1440px
>>175559107
That's unfortunate. Cheers anon.
I think I took a wrong turn somehow. Maya is commenting on how this was the first room since her mark was on the wall again and then I came out to an already mapped area.
Ah well, at least I'm farming a ton of cards.
Thanks again
>>
>>175558685
why is it not ps1 version?
>>
>>175556596
if you have a hacked 3ds ill upload smt 1 2 and the 2 megami games in cia format translated and all
>>
>>175558685
im pretty jelly of that desu
>>
>>175559251
If you want to get out of the shelter already:
There should be two safe rooms, one at the top, one at the bottom of the map. Just go in a circle through the rooms three times and talk to your party every time.
>>
File: 1489949491038.jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489949491038.jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
>>175559356
My cousin had bought the psp version on vita and I'm using his account. Also have Persona waiting for me. Tho, the UI on the psx version looks way less jarring.

>>175559437
Handheld smt's with coffhee are my addiction.

>>175559439
Ah. Thanks anon. I felt like I was missing something.
>>
File: 1493340138916.png (18KB, 113x174px) Image search: [Google]
1493340138916.png
18KB, 113x174px
>mad scientist controls ex police robots to kill demons and human
>the robots alignment is still law
wtf atlus?
>>
>>175559639
But ps1 version have those sound effects. you can select music old/new on this psp-EP persona, but not sound effects.

I'm not sure how do you play without them, it's ruining all atmoshpere, but whatewer
>>
>>175559893
I'm really confused as to why the Jap police had advanced autonomous robots, to be honest.

Also, I guess they're law because they're following their programming regardless of whether it's wrong or right (ignoring that they're robots for a second here). Just like how lots of angel designs are mechanical for the same reason, or how Angel's Devil Summoner design is blind etc.
>>
>>175372450
What to do in Apocalypse after beating YHVH? IS the fiend dungeon good? What are the worthy DLCs?
>>
>>175559893
>genocide
checks out as law.
>>175560561
Possibly was built in the interim of when you come back and Nuking, or repurposed military shit or something stolen by remaining police forces.
Hell despite being 90's, Terminal warping existed along with demon summoning programs and a wrist mounted computer that could map positions. it wouldn't be surprising that they were building drones to help with policing prior to the nuking.
>>
Was the SMT If English patch ever finished?
>>
File: 1493181903758.png (14KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
1493181903758.png
14KB, 256x224px
>>175562763
>>
>>175562763
yeah man its a good game if you play law str/agi
>>
I think SMT HD would just be a remake of IV and Apocalypse in one game desu
>>
>>175563475
Hopefully not. But if that's the case then I won't have to buy a switch yet.
>>
What's considered the best version of SMT2? I'm getting more into imports lately and figure I should finally play it. I was thinking of getting the PS1 version but I hear the GBA has more content. Not sure if it's worth the downgrade in music and graphics though.
>>
SMT HD will be an Apocalypse remake, but with a FeMC and Odin and Dagda switching roles.
>>
>>175568076
>FeMC is just Nanashi with nothing changed
>>
File: 1493615507735.jpg (275KB, 937x562px) Image search: [Google]
1493615507735.jpg
275KB, 937x562px
>>175568352
Nanashi was already a reverse trap this whole time
>>
File: mastema.jpg (109KB, 599x803px) Image search: [Google]
mastema.jpg
109KB, 599x803px
A couple of IV questions
1) I've just sided with Walter and unlocked Lilith for fusion, only she's lvl 70. Is that a subtle hit I'm supoosed to lvl 70 for the next story mission?I'm 51 now.
2) What is the purpose of Kusanagi sword, Yasakani magatama and Yata mirror?
>>
>>175570567
1) no
2) you need them for a quest later
>>
>it's possible to not only solo mem aleph but Lucifer in Nocturne on HARD
Is there any way Solo steven?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8NLJxN41NQ&t=179s
>>
>>175573042
The game forces party members on you for him so no.
You can quite easily kill him with only Nanashi dealing damage though if you count that
>>
File: tumblr_ojnbujhPpd1r7wsgbo1_1280.png (71KB, 630x865px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojnbujhPpd1r7wsgbo1_1280.png
71KB, 630x865px
Now that his compendium has finished, whats /smtg/ take on this guy that made a complete "modern" compendium?
http://thematicconversion.tumblr.com/

The fiends were nice, the fusion incident demons were cool, but many of the demons are literal whos that while fit, seemed a bit overleveled.
>>
File: IMG_1089.jpg (25KB, 219x229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1089.jpg
25KB, 219x229px
>>175535040
why are people like this allowed here?
>>
>>175559364
Not him but can i get this please?
>>
I LOVE SMT IV FUSION SO MUCH

I WANT TO SHAKE HANDS WITH THE GENIUS BEHIND THIS
>>
>>175561043
Cleopatra, Mephisto, and Messiahs DLC.
>>
>>175574396
I seriously hope you mean IV Final and not vanilla IV.
>>
>>175574561
what's the difference?
>>
>>175561043
Fiend dungeon is kinda boring but the fights are fun.

Imagine tartures and you can't recruit demons either. Fiend fights are always fun
>>
>>175574639
Final's isn't fucking terrible.
>>
>>175574717
well shit if IV is what you'd call terrible then I can't wait to get on to that game
>>
>>175561043
>IS the fiend dungeon good?
Not really, it's very tedious and all but requires you to buy the Incense DLC to complete on the higher cycles.

>What are the worthy DLCs?
Definitely get Messiah, it's pretty cool. Cleopatra gets you an amazing support demon, and while Mephisto itself is pretty garbage you get to see all the girls acting lewd in their swimsuits if you buy it.
>>
File: 1486326592764.png (92KB, 251x261px) Image search: [Google]
1486326592764.png
92KB, 251x261px
>>175574396
>elemental pierces
>affinities
>hama and mudo deal damage
>rebalanced smirk system

IV:A is fun. I hope the next game grabs all that and puts it into a game with a satisfactory campaign.
>>
>>175574852
I don't understand what's so appealing about the most brain-dead fusion system in the entire franchise. Explain.
>>
Playing overclocked now and I got keisku to join me after he left with Yama but the cosplay chick got mad and left my group. When and how can I get her back?

Also kesike did nothing wrong
>>
>>175575536
>I want to protect people, and to do it I'm gonna leave the group that was protecting people to go on a murder spree instead, making the general public feel even more fear and hate towards devil tamers than they already do

That's some grade A bullshit.
Also just go talk to Midori until she rejoins, you'll probably have to answer some choices the "right way", but it's not hard to guess what she'll want to hear.
>>
>>175574861
Well this.
Rebalanced Smirk should be a staple
>>
>>175576275
>killing corrupt police officers who use their power to harm others
>bad

and thanks anon.
>>
Nocturne on Hard is really fun and all but 3x prices fucking ruin everything. What is the best and fastest way to get money?
>>
>>175574861
Only thing missing in IV:A is some kind of skill inheritance limit. Like, if a demon has a -6 or lower on an element, he can't inherit skills of that element. As it stands, by mid game you can ignore somewhat negative affinities without much problems.
>>
>>175576760
Farm that hidden money tunnel in the lower Kalpas. Takes some practice but once you get it down it's really good macca. Before that becomes available there isn't really any good way to make money, just farm random encounters if you really can't wait to buy all those Magatama
>>
I bought SMT: Apocalypse yesterday, first ever SMT I play, enjoying it so far, but how can I get demons to join me? so far I'e only gotten 1 legion, which is pretty cool, but everything else just seems to go away, even gave 300 macca to a ball demon and it just left, is it random? how can I influence the outcome when I try to get another demon?
>>
File: 6IbSABa.png (127KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
6IbSABa.png
127KB, 267x400px
>>175578439
Stop being a passive beta bitch boi and grow a nice pair of balls.
>>
>>175578439
Don't just give everything they ask for, always deny some stuff, that's the secret
>>
File: 1484577257968.png (121KB, 359x258px) Image search: [Google]
1484577257968.png
121KB, 359x258px
https://youtu.be/p0pJ8v_ntgk

Why did Atlus think never adding this theme into the game was a good idea? This shit is fucking great.
>>
>>175578619
I want to be adromelech's submissive bottom.
>>
File: 1439137483304.png (227KB, 328x330px) Image search: [Google]
1439137483304.png
227KB, 328x330px
>>175578796
Rest in pieces Imagine marketplace.
>>
>>175578805
I want to be /smtg/'s submissive bottom.
>>
to give an update to everybody wondering and waiting to play this, Aeon Genesis has been giving updates on SMT: if... through twitter for the past few months. its finally entered alpha playtesting and will hopefully be out into [closed] beta within another month or 2, which means the patch should hopefully see a public release later this year, maybe even before Persona 5 comes out. at worst it might be held until until October for the anniversary of its initial release.
>>
>>175580338
>maybe even before Persona 5 comes out
well, might have some update for you too
>>
How hard is Nocturne on Normal compared to say, P3?
>>
>>175581481
It's about the same I'd say. You just don't have social links that boost your fusion exp.
>>
>>175581481
little harder in a sense buffs are more important
>>
Apocalypse is my first smt game so sorry for this stupid question, but how important is luck?

I put 1 for agility and 1 point for luck each level, should i stop?
>>
>>175582096
I did 3 St, 1 Ag and 1 Lu until level 50 and then I went 3 St and 2 Lu. High Luck is great in IV and Apocalypse, since the increase in Critical rate is very noticeable.
>>
>>175582096
WORLD OF LUK

In my experience, it doesn't even matter what the hell you do with your stats in IV:A. I went with luck because I like being an idiot and it hasn't hurt me yet.
>>
New thread
>>175582404
>>175582404
>>
>>175581481
many more hardcores
Thread posts: 757
Thread images: 125

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.