[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 756
Thread images: 77

File: url.jpg (563KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
563KB, 1920x1440px
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.
>>
Time for another episode of /b/ 3.0!
>>
>>174911063
/emugen/ is my favorite general on /vg/!
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1360x768px
How the fuck do I get this gem? The fucking motion controls in Cemu suck ass, I can't turn around to get it.
>>
Where do I get games
What is the best emulator for...
>>
>>174913898
Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.
>>
>>174914039
Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.
>>
File: 2017-04-24-1403-06.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-24-1403-06.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>174913168
You can just use the analog stick to aim.
>>
>>174914258
Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.
>>
This is nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Oq5O7uX0E

Anyone in here have Ryzen? I'm thinking of upgrading from a 3570k to a 1700. Dolphin seems to run well with practically everything nowadays, so I'm good there. I'm a little wary about PCSX2 performance, but it's no big deal. RPCS3 seems to scale with more cores when it's done correctly, so having 8 instead of 6 cores might help. If I really need more clockspeed, I can always go with a 1600 and then go full retard with whatever refined Zen comes out later.
>>
>>174914503
>have a text file with various issues I encountered using PCSX2
>update it relatively often by testing f some of those got fixed
>can't actually report them because of the thought police-tier moderation on the PCSX2 forums
>can't report them to github because they only take issues from "oficial testers" afaik
>to top it off I got reports for NTSC-US/JP and PAL because some of those games are exclusive to a region or two meaning I'm almost sure to get the moderation team on my ass if I report those all on one account.
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.
>>
File: 1490825040688.jpg (47KB, 487x487px) Image search: [Google]
1490825040688.jpg
47KB, 487x487px
>people still funding to cemu instead of rpsc3
I want to play ABAP games
>>
>>174916410
>people unionically funding a closed source emulator
This is what hurts the most. I can't believe the amount of money they're pulling right now. I mean, I like Zelda, but holy shit.
>>
>>174915970
I'm pretty sure Ryzen will be long obsolete by the time RPCS3 is usable, and with coffee lake apparently going for an hexacore CPU for the two flagship models you're better off waiting, your 3570k is quite enough for now.
>>
>>174912945
>not Commander Shepard
Who fucking cares what you think?
>>
>>174916652
What are you smoking? Ryzen already competes with Broadwell-E and the upgrade from it, i.e.Skylake ,is not even 5% faster than it. Skylake has nice clocks, but we don't know if that can scale up with more cores. Haswell-E was nice at it, but Broadwell-E didn't overclock well at all. Skylake also consumes a shitton of power when OC, a 7700k will become a spaceheater when pushed. Saying it will be obsolete is a very shitty claim. Quad cores will be obsolete by next year is more likely given how little headroom there is left on modern games.
>>
>>174917281
>Saying it will be obsolete is a very shitty claim.
By the time RPCS3 is a worthwhile reason to upgrade you'll have Zen2 and Cofee Lake to choose from, both are likely to be way better at tasks that take advantage of more than 4 cores than what we currently have
>>
>>174914338
Thanks, I feel like an idiot for not even trying that. For some reason I thought you could only use the motion controls.
>>
>>174917281
Every time AMD has a big new CPU release a bunch of retards come out of the woodwork claiming MOAR CORES is the future and Intel CPUs will be obsolete in a year. And every time they are wrong.
>>
>>174918008
Intel wouldn't change their two big models to hexacores if there wasn't any merit to it this time around.
Also need I remind you that intel is the one who started the moar cores meme by duct tapping P4s only to get BTFO by AMD putting out a truly unified dualcore architecture soon after nopt to mention quadcores where intel was also the first to push out to mainstream.
>>
>>174918008
Everytime? Only once with Bulldozer and that is not only an abomination, but the main reason AMD is so behind right now.
The difference this time is the adoption of games in the consoles. They all are running multiple core parts and we're already seeing games with almost no headrrom left on the champions like the 6700k/7700k while the 6-8 cores parts still have plenty of it left. Buying any i5 instead of the 1600 is just retarded. You get so much more from it that it's not even funny. If you want to build a Pentium machine, then go right ahead, that's another story.
>>
>>174918513
>Intel wouldn't change their two big models to hexacores if there wasn't any merit to it this time around.

They have had hexacores for a while now, but they were the more expensive models. Lack of advancements and most new models being largely refreshes combined with trickle down means sooner or later those hexacores ought to become affordable enough to be made mainstream models.

>>174918608
>The difference this time is the adoption of games in the consoles. They all are running multiple core parts

Multicore consoles are hardly new.

>we're already seeing games with almost no headrrom left on the champions like the 6700k/7700k while the 6-8 cores parts still have plenty of it left.

Like what?
>>
>>174918943
From the shittiest of coded games like Fallout4 to ideal industry standards in Doom. Rise of the Tomb Raider is almost at the limit.
>>
>>174915970
>Ryzen

Why do you hate yourself and your money?
>>
>>174918608
>but the main reason AMD is so behind right now.
If you conveniently ignore
>over-reliance on K10
They dragged out those piece of crap for longer than they dragged out the CMT FX
>pushing out Phenom 1 way too soon
People who shit on Bulldozer and Ryzen seem to always forget that Phenom 1 was a thing
>trying to outR&D intel on a problem that didn't need solving
>dropping the Phenom 2 architecture only to come back to an improved Phenom 2 architecture with Ryzen

>>174918943
>They have had hexacores for a while now
And those were always stupidly expensive enthusiast models, not the baseline of the gaming market, the same gaming market which is seeing games where a 1700 can outperform a 7700k because of the additional cores.
>>
>>174916304
Upload it anon, I want to see it
>>
>>174919379
Because I encode chinese cartoons, sometimes for you fuckers, and compile software every single day.
>>
>everyone is talking about new and powerful CPUs
>meanwhile I'm here with my A4-4000
One of these days I'm gonna have to upgrade.
>>
>>174919173
>look up Doom CPU bench
>AMD CPUs at the bottom of the pack

Also have this gem of a quote I found:

>The pesky little Pentium G3258 makes out like a champ in Doom, delivering 8-core FX-like performance and better at the lower clock speeds. So there you have it, (single player) Doom runs perfectly well on a dual-core Pentium processor.
>>
>>174919720
>implying you're not a PCSX2 mod trying to get a list of game to watch extra carefully for supposed evidence of piracy.
I'm onto your jewish tricks avih
>>
>>174920306
Come on anon. I hate to use this shitter, but even the LTT shills have Doom running great on every single piece of hardware out there. The point is that the quad cores are running at their limit, while the 6+ cores have headroom left.
>>
>>174920712
I-I have no idea who that is anon, it's just that I'm c-curious about those issues, I swear
>>
Most emulators, aside from RPCS3, can only use one core and one thread though, right?
>>
I wonder when I'll have to upgrade my trusty 2500k.

>>174921296
PCSX2 uses 4 cores if not more.
>>
>>174916410
>people are going to fund an emulator that hasn't gotten far in a long time in development
>>
>>174921574
PCSX2 uses two and if you enable the MTVU hack three.
>>
>>174921883
PCSX2 uses all four, remarkably equally too.
>>
>>174921963
Maybe when you're using the software renderer.
>>
>>174921963
No, as I said it uses two and three if you enable that hack

Go look at the faq and you will see I'm right
>>
>>174921574
Still using my 2500k too, but with cemu and rpcs3 getting more stable I feel an upgrade is imminent.
>>
File: Cattura2.jpg (20KB, 470x73px) Image search: [Google]
Cattura2.jpg
20KB, 470x73px
>>174922174
Yes. I heard that it supposedly can use how many cores you can throw at it too.
>>
so is Cemu 1.7.5 good?
>>
>>174920982
>posts shitty cpu benchmark where you can clearly see they're being gpu limited
>thinks it proves anything

Oh, you.
>>
>>174920982
>Nightmare settings
>Hey guys lets test some CPU, what's the best way of doing it?
>I know, lets run the tests with a GPU bottleneck!
>>
>>174920993
Most of it is absolutely autistic nitpicking like blood drip on the ground being cut at certain camera angles in Project Zero on SW mode when it's not happening on the real console
Or the geometry culling issues in Armored Core 2-SL
Or the transparent sections of the AC2 intro level being ever so slightly wrong because of mipmapping not being properly implemented

That or stupid regressions that keep coming back like the line bug in Kya: Dark Lineage and depth issues in Warship Gunner 2

>>174921296
PCSX2 can use up to 3 cores in OGL HW mode with MTVU hack) on and up to 31 with SW mode
Dolphin should theoretically support several cores but the current devs are bad janitors so it doesn't really anymore.
Most PS1 emulator that are plugin based have it with GSdx
Xenia might but I haven't bothered checking
There's that one private fork of Angrylion with MT support and also CEN64
Technically anything RA has it with threaded video even if that really doesn't affect much in practice
>>
DraStic, is it still worth it to buy it off of the playstore? Also what DS games just cant be properly emulated on a touch screen phone?
>>
>>174924117
No, pirate it.
>>
>>174922483
>>174922545
Wow, it's almost like CPU isn't the limiting factor in most scenarios with video games as long as you have more than 4 cores, which btw was the original argument.
>>
>>174910784
I'm using a Verizon ellipsis 8 tablet and whenever I run a game on psx4droid it's like the sound and touch pads are displayed but the screen is black. Any fix to this?
>>
>>174926760
>as long as you have more than 4 cores

Correlation does not imply causation. Also pretty sure some if not all of those Intel processors are quadcores.
>>
>rpsc3

Is there even anything that can be played on that emulator?
>>
>>174916304
>>can't report them to github because they only take issues from "oficial testers" afaik
This is complete nonsense. Anyone can report issues on github. Where did you get this notion about "official testers"?
>>
>>174928252
I meant rpcs3, but you guys get it.
>>
>>174928286
Well anyone can but they used to straight up redirect you towards the forums if you weren't part of the team, do they not do that anymore?
>>
>>174928252
Disgaea 3
>>
>>174916620
just wait until they bail and then it's another 20 years before Wii U emulation can take off again since everyone else has to start from scratch. fuck closed source emulators
>>
How well do games like Castlevania Legacy of Darkness, Ogre Battle 64, Harvest Moon 64 and Bomberman 64 emulate?
>>
>>174928425
No I don't get it.
>>
>>174928252
Yeah, you need a crazy expensive CPU though.
>>
>>174933647
Heh... what's the best I could get out of my i7-6700k?
>>
>>174934043
It works, but it will get starved on some games since it scales with more cores.
Watch some tests done on JewTube or something.
>>
Hi, /emugen/. I got the latest build of PPSSPP and tried playing Project Diva Extend. There's a bunch of input lag with my xbox 360 controller, though, which doesn't happen with any other game so I know the problem is with this one. I tried googling the issue but the threads are from, like, years ago for older versions of the emulator. Is there a known fix for this?
>>
>>174935131
No, PPSSPP has inherently shit input lag and A/V sync and the only alternative has been coming "next week" for months.
>>
>>174935131
>>174935624
I never got input lag while using the keyboard
>>
>>174936948
try playing it without the keyboard
>>
>>174937681
Still no input lag
>>
So Ryzen 5 had some pretty good results for vidya benchmarks, even CPU heavy games like RTS, I wonder hows it's performance with the most demanding emulators like Cemu and PCSX2
>>
>>174938293
damn. guess it's just everyone else. lucky guy.
>>
What's the absolute best way to play Xenoblade in regards to texture packs etc.?
>>
>>174938530
AMD sucks
>>
>>174935131
How is your 360 controller connected? Wired, bluetooth, and wireless can be very different beasts. To give an example my Wii U Pro controller connects fine via regular bluetooth, but with the adapter it works much better.
>>
>>174939304
Wired, USB connection.
>>
Hello friends,

Any of the RA GameBoy cores support the SuperGameBoy color palette? Or only bsnes can do that for now?

Kinda off-topic, but is there any cool romhack that "modernizes" the original GB Pokemon RBY games (fixing gen1 flaws) while keeping its essence?
>>
So

Did everyone forget about Citra
>>
>>174939779
Yep, even the devs.
>>
>>174939779
?*
>>
>>174939779
>>174939971
Remember to always put "?" at the end of questions.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/66wqdg/its_almost_2020_why_have_no_games_publishers/

>half the thread is people discussing the meaning of amateur
Fucking reddit.
>>
>>174938530
Depends on the emulators support of AMD. Ryzen is shaping up to be nice, but the issue is the past. AMD's last real competitive chip was back with Phenom II and the last time they were truly beating Intel both in price and performance was if I remember Athlon 64 (long as fucking time ago in a town called Kickapoo).

They've had their hits along the way, I run a machine off one for a server, but at the time it was good bang per buck and need not be powerful just efficient and cheap. But overall Intel's i series has been too good for the money along the way so a lot of people don't dev for AMD as much. So it depends if they support it well or not. If they do it will be fantastic.

I'ld like to see the come back really as the competition is good. Sadly for the last several years their lackluster but decent CPUs have been dragging down their damn awesome GPU line ups, but that is an aside I'm still annoyed with.

>>174910784
Anyone know if emulation would work okay via Steam Link, emulator on PC, but controller/tv via steamlink. Wouldn't play games that need high input accuracy of course but maybe some old RPGs.
>>
>>174940412
No.
>>
Cemu lookin good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nosDdIeLeq4
>>
>>174940412
>Intel both in price and performance was if I remember
They weren't, best intel had was 20% ahead of the best AMD had.
>>
>>174940391
As someone who wastes way too much time, even I don't have time to read morons arguing about the meaning of a word.

Source: /r/emulation mod
>>
>>174941048
Why don't you remove those useless fuckheads posting that Dolphin on mobile is perfect.
>>
http://xproger.info/projects/OpenLara/

A libretro port of this engine is possible?
>>
>>174941279
People want to see videos of emulators running on shit phones and toaster processors for some reason. They usually get downvoted hard when they say its perfect though.
>>
>>174941745
>web browser based
Binned
Would rather want libretro-OpenTomb
>>
>>174940614
Man, if only it ran that well on more modest hardware.
>>
>>174942881
wait until it gets more optimized
>>
>>174942091
Really old emulators and emulators running on toasters intrigue me but you're just flat out delusional if you say it's perfect regardless of the name slapped on it
>>
>>174932154
N64 emulation sucks, you will need to look up each game individually. There is an outdated list that does exactly that. For 98% of games, this outdated list will do fine. A couple special snowflake games may benefit from "recent" development that isn't noted on the list. List: http:// bhemuhelp.co.nf/n64mgcl/N64ConfigList.htm

>It's that time again! Daily Reminder!
REMINDER: PCSX2 a SHIT. PCSX2 has no exclusive fullscreen, only borderless windowed. This means Windows VSync is auto-applied, which adds NOTICEABLE input lag. This sucks on action games like DMC, God Hand, Metal Slug, etc that need good reaction time. If you are on Windows 7 or lower, you can FIX this by changing your personalization setting (control panel) to Windows Basic (Aero OFF). Windows 8 and higher CANNOT fix this problem except through a cutting edge Freesync or Gsync monitor. PCSX2 devs refuse to fix this design flaw. Always use Dolphin instead if you are able to, it is a far better emulator.
>>
How do I rotate Wonderswan games (or any games for that matter) in RA 1.5.0? The old option seems to be gone.
>>
>>174940842
This is going way way back. I probably got the chip model wrong, but there was a brief window where they were much so the better buy. And even after mid-range builds weren't bad to go AMD, but the last several chipsets have gotten so far behind a lot small projects just favor Intel. Fairly sure Dolphin is on that list and I think the PS2 as well.

>>174940536
No on the steamlink? Or no on the models because that I admit I could be off on. If its no on the GPU thing then get fucked you know nothing.
>>
I need some help in configuring pscx2 (first time emulating outside of gba.) I want to run persona 3 FES at 1080p with AA and anisotropic filtering. I have a 970 and a 4790k so I'm pretty sure that won't be a problem.

On my emulator settings, I put 1920 x 1080. Should I also change the internal resolution to this? And should I change my adapter to my 970? What about my renderer, it is defaulted to Direct3D9 (Hardware.)

I promise once I get it running I will take some screenshots and post them here for your enjoyment.
>>
>>174944546
Phenom 2 were the better buy mainly because the LGA1366 platform was absolutely fucking retarded in every way but raw and clock to clock performance was just better with intel especially with CPUs that could take 4.8Ghz like nothing whereas getting a phenom 2 above 4.2Ghz was quite a feat
>>
>>174945012
I wasn't referring to the Phenom II as overall better. It was the last decent AMD until now. The truly giving Intel something to worry about chip I think was Athlon, but I'm probably wrong on that, it was a several chips before Phenom II and its been a long time and many builds ago. Fuck it may have been before dual cores, because I think I had a C2D socket 775 before that, fuck me that was like 10 years ago. Was short lived too since that PC didn't last long the PSU died and ate the mobo with it and couldn't find a replacement board, now that ate some dick. Phenom II was nice, but i5 was better at the time by a mile when I had that one, but budget.
>>
>>174915970

Ryzen scores well in the PCSX2 benchmark(-5% vs haswell, +10% vs ivy bridge), but that might not translate exactly to gameplay
>>
>>174944947
>>174944947

Pls help
>>
>>174944324
pls friends :(
>>
>>174946424
Buy a PS2 slim, honestly. But if you insist, set your renderer to OpenGL hardware, change internal res to 1920x1080, change adapter to 970. Mess with any additional stuff like AA after you're sure it works from there.
>>
>>174922585
did you try full mipmapping?
>>
>>174946525

Thanks man. I'm in a trailer, so my gaming pc takes up enough room as is.
>>
>>174946537
Yeah I tried, only a small subsection of the transparent area becomes correct which is why I'm saying the mipmapping implementation still isn't fully there
>>
>>174943559
cap to 60 fps with RTSS to minimize input latency and normalize frame pacing
>>
>>174946837
ok, yeah it's still in development. iirc they can make the full implementation faster as well

>>174944947
>>174946525

I would never recommend setting custom resolutions initially, unless the game requires it as an ad hoc fix (which is rare)
>>
>>174947103

Just use native?

I just got it working, but the resolution seems to be ps2 native despite my changes. Might just be the intro cutscene.
>>
>>174947379

no use multipliers. if you need more aa, use fxaa(pcsx2's fxaa is good) or maybe msaa. going very high with internal resolution doesn't help that much
>>
>>174947761

So setting the emulators resolution to 1920 x 1080 doesn't set the game's resolution to that? How much should I multiply it by to replicate 1080p?
>>
>>174944324
>>174946434
Does no one know how to rotate in RA?
>>
Oh shit, there's a 3ds emulator? Wonderful news for my frugal weeaboo hipster ass.
>>
>>174947891
Well, start going x2, x3, etc. until you get a good result.
>>
>>174947891

well, ps2 emulation is complex and the gs(the ps2's "gpu") is tricky. setting it to 1080p doesn't guarantee a 1920x1080 framebuffer. in fact the result can be way off, and can cause various issues. the ps2 memory architecture doesn't play well with custom resolutions at all.

i recommend just setting it to 4 or 5x depending on the game, and the pcsx2 window bar will tell you resulting resolution. and under shader configuration turn on fxaa, there's basically no drawback and it's fast
>>
>>174948142
>>174948271

Alright. This will obviously take some time to perfect. I appreciate the input.
>>
>>174940391
Go back.
>>
Does Cemu randomly decide to completely recompile the shader cache for anyone else? It's annoying. Like, I loaded up a game earlier and the shaders loaded in 15 seconds. Then I started the game up again a couple hours later and had to sit though like 5 minutes of compiling.

>>174948084
It sucks. Citra is to 3DS emulation as JPCSP was to PSP emulation.
>>
>>174949992
That's probably your driver's internal shader cache at work
Cemu doesn't recompile shaders unless the shader compiler changes between versions
>>
>>174947103
>ad hoc fix?
>>
>>174944546
All three things, and AMD GPUs suck ass.
>>
>>174951179
Damn, I didn't want to greentext that.
>>
>>174946946
Okay, but I have W7. Either way it's stupid that PCSX2 doesn't just let you use exclusive fullscreen.
>>
Anyone tried using Play!?

Can it run something atleast?
>>
>>174951576
FFX at like 40fps.
>>
File: 1.png (86KB, 844x479px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
86KB, 844x479px
>>174944947
I HIGHLY recommend you get a program called PCSX2Bonus. It adds a gui to PCSX2 that has pictures of the games, and lets you define settings per-game. Once you start using it you'll never go back to regular PCSX2.
>>
>>174951179

there are a few games that have issues that coincidentally get fixed by using custom resolutions
>>
>>174951739
What specs?
>>
>>174951867
6600k @4.4GHz
>>
File: 1428716960431.jpg (24KB, 358x352px) Image search: [Google]
1428716960431.jpg
24KB, 358x352px
>>174951762
Not that guy but this looks nice, big ups senpai
>>
>>174951954
Just remember to read the warnings on the forums, or else you'll get banned from GameFAQs.
>>
>>174951954
Someone should add it to the wiki honestly. It's an essential upgrade.
>>
>>174952010
??
>>
>>174951481
>but I have W7

but windows 7 lets you can disable window composition..

rtss works fine on it too
>>
>>174952079
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2Bonus-A-PCSX2-launcher-frontend

Read that.
>>
>>174952108
Weird, so can you not post on GameFAQs or full on can't do anything on the site with that ban?
>>
>>174952175
I'm not sure about what the ban does actually.
>>
>>174952227
Almost quads, you're lucky anon!
>>
Where is the default place for the PCSX2 Data Directory?
>>
>>174951262
Well I suppose you are entitled to be wrong.
>>
>>174952860
When PCSX2Bonus asks that, just direct it to the root folder where the PCSX2 exe is.
>>
File: 1472161488568.jpg (35KB, 370x388px) Image search: [Google]
1472161488568.jpg
35KB, 370x388px
>>174953008
I'm right though.
>>
>>174953224
I thought that's what you did for the "Data" I thought the "Data Directory" was different
>>
>>174949992
Found it useful for very basic homebrew though.
>>
>>174953440
Shut the fuck up mudlord nobody asked for your opinion.
>>
>>174953393
I just directed it to the root folder for each question. Honestly I don't know if PCSX2 has a data folder, I think PCSX2Bonus creates one for storing per-game settings.
>>
>>174953574
I tried using the root folder for both and neither worked. Can't find the Data Directory to save my life
>>
>>174951762

>select folder containing data directory

What did you select for this? Isn't working for me.
>>
>>174953664
Maybe you are not the chosen one.
>>
>>174953708
Maybe you are not the chosen one.
>>
>>174953259
3.5 out of 10 if you get what I'm saying.
>>
>>174953708
If you find it let me know
>>
>>174953664
>>174953708
I picked the pcsx2 root directory for "directory" and "data directory", I even double checked. C:\...\pcsx2-v1.5.0 for both (that's what I named the folder I installed to). If it doesn't work I really don't know what to say.
>>
File: 1384492758501.gif (167KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
1384492758501.gif
167KB, 400x289px
>>174939779
I wanted to try out Nova Sun on Citra, but I don't know how to modify the decrypted ROM I had, I downloaded shit and used some program that was supposed to do it from the ROMhack's page, but I was always getting an error.

Patching GBA and NDS ROMs was much easier
>>
File: Emulation.png (55KB, 512x449px) Image search: [Google]
Emulation.png
55KB, 512x449px
>>
>>174955646
Faggot

Check the wiki

Faggot

>>174955647
What's the problem here
>>
>>174955869
I survived
>>
>>174938530
>I wonder hows [insert AMD product] performance with the most demanding emulators like Cemu and PCSX2
Shit.
>>
Can I run MGS3 (D3D11) on a 3ghz i5 and hd530 card? (Compare it to an 8800gt) Anyone have experience with running it?

or should I just go for the obviously superior 3DS version on glorious Citra
>>
>>174956431
>Can I run MGS3 (D3D11) on a 3ghz i5 and hd530 card?
Why don't you try it out?
>>
>>174956259
Oh no, I guess I should not buy Zen now. Whatever will I do without a closed source emulator and a pile of feces that somehow still works with hacks pilled up on hacks.
>>
>>174949992
Jeez, oh well, my computer probably can't run it anyways so /shrug
>>
Trying to run Jak X on a 3ghz i5 is actually impossible.
>>
>>174951762
>Once you start using it you'll never go back to regular PCSX2.
I did because I opted for unique folders, I do it all manually since some games I want to use custom shaders and stuff. Easier to update the pcsx2 and manage save files too.
>>
>ppsspp can't play fucking parappa the rapper without crashing
>>
>>174961889
What's the benefit? Bonus does shaders per-game, too.
>>
File: 1486942023862.jpg (791KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486942023862.jpg
791KB, 1920x1080px
Dead general
>>
is it possible to get Higana to run in 256x224 resolution (or any 1px == 1px resolution)?

I can't see an obvious way to do it from the menus/settings
>>
>>174935131
On the PPSSPPP forums there was a thread listing various ways to reduce it, such as leaving the CPU always at the maximum clock, setting the alternative speed to 100%, etc.
>>
File: koMX1LT.png (324KB, 579x458px) Image search: [Google]
koMX1LT.png
324KB, 579x458px
Ever since I changed my old Q6600 build, first for a 2500k build and now a 4790k one, I've had this weird framerate shuttering every once in a while, on ALL emulators. Only way around it is enabling vsync, which makes PCSX2 almost unusable thanks to the huge input lag introduced. Only "emulator" that runs perfectly is Retroarch.

I tried a shitload of stuff, from hardware to software changes, operating systems, but I have never been able to "fix" this issue. Made a post on pcsx2 forums some time back and I found some people with the same problem, but nobody I recall was able to fix it.
>>
>>174970038
Disable HT in your BIOS
>>
>>174970038
What happens is that, while the framerate keeps at 60, for a split second every know and then, at the same interval, it feels like 30.

I've should have kept that q6600 man, that thing ran everything perfectly.
>>
>>174970187
Thanks for the reply, but as I said I've tried. The 2500k didn't have HT and had the same issue.
>>
>>174970038
>framerate shuttering

You mean screen tearing? That's a normal consequence of not having vsync enabled and there's no way around it.
>>
>>174970578
>>174970241
>>
>>174952010
>>174952079
>>174952175
>>174952227
GameFAQs temporarily bans your IP from accessing the site, if it receives too many requests from your IP. It's standard protection against DDoS attempts (because you know some script kiddy idiot on GameFAQs is going to DDoS a website using his own IP address), but GameFAQs' implementation is particularly heavy-handed.

On a related note:
Sometimes when GameFAQs' banner ads fuck up, the banner ad instead loads a 404 page. However, the 404 page ALSO contains the SAME ad, which then loads another 404 page, ad infinitum. You can get temp banned because they can't fix the ads on their own website.
>>
>>174970578
He said right there that what he started to experience with the i5 2500k and the i7 4790k never happened with the q6600 though, and by the context, he didn't seemed to be using VSync with it.
>>
>>174971434
Faster hardware can make screen tearing happen more often thus making it more noticeable.

>>174970241
Try to capture it on video and post webm.
>>
How's Xeno on cemu
>>
>>174972628
put Xenogears Cemu 1.7.5 on youtube and filter your search by recently added videos
>>
You know what's a great idea? Supporting emulator devs through patreon! That way, when they make progress they can release it slowly in monthly increments rather than give you the whole thing straight away, it will increase hype and they will get more money for quality content they give you.
>>
>>174972195
Tried once, the captured output doesn't show the issue. I would have to try recording the screen physically, but I've only got the shitty Nexus 5 camera. I'd try later and post results.
>>
Is there a list somewhere that details all the PS1 games that are very playable on a PSP?

And by playable I mean control-wise. Nothing that uses the Right Analog Stick or both L/R1 and L/R2 during combat unless the game is very slow paced.

Obviously almost every RPG on the PS1 is playable since most are turn based, and if they aren't it's unlikely they use all the shoulder buttons at once. But games like Megaman Legends that uses L1/R1 for strafing or turning and R2 for lock-on is a bit unwieldy for the PSP without claw gripping.

I've been Googling around, but trying to find a list of controls for every single game I'm considering is a bit slow. Someone has to have done this before me.
>>
>>174976579
>Tried once, the captured output doesn't show the issue.

Which emu did you try to record and how? IIRC PCSX2's built-in recording function always produces full speed videos regardless, so it won't show dips in speed.
>>
>>174979021
pcsx2 with fraps I think, as I said though, there's no speed difference when playing, the framerate stays at the maximum possible (60 or 30, depending on the game), but every once in a while it feels like the emulator skips frames and for a second, it feels like it's running at a lower framerate. It's kinda weird, that's why I've never been able to solve it.
>>
>>174979229
Say what you want but that sounds like screen tearing to me. Does it usually happen when the camera is moving slowly?
>>
File: 1427729199013.gif (354KB, 376x320px) Image search: [Google]
1427729199013.gif
354KB, 376x320px
Help out someone that is completely ignorant about emulation.
I have a 720p monitor and I'm using retroarch, should I make the rendering resolution higher or lower to make things look less pixalated?
>>
File: 1493131782568[1].jpg (88KB, 805x757px) Image search: [Google]
1493131782568[1].jpg
88KB, 805x757px
>>>/v/374978126
>>
>>174982057
Whoa. Who's this cutie?
>>
>>174983442
https://youtube.com/user/InuitInua
>>
Which NES palette is best?
>>
>>174983763
The one that your CRT outputs.
>>
>>174976289
Don't be so simple minded, people will stop donating to the project if it slows down, people want in the early versions so slow progress means who gives a fuck about playing the patreon release, in fact it did lose 2k recently. Also despite what you claim, the progress was still fast with all the money coming.
>>
>>174970038
try using rtss to cap to 60
>>
File: 465604wonderswan_color.jpg (55KB, 550x322px) Image search: [Google]
465604wonderswan_color.jpg
55KB, 550x322px
How do I rotate games for this thing in RA 1.5.0?
>>
File: compare-set1.png (145KB, 1280x779px) Image search: [Google]
compare-set1.png
145KB, 1280x779px
>>174983763
>Which NES palette is best?
>>
>>174993140
PAL one.
>>
Set up MAME for some good rail shooters. Carnevil works great but House of the dead doesnt work. How disappointing.
>>
How awful would PPSSPP be on an old galaxy S4?
>>
>>174993814
fine
>>
>>174951576
That emulator is going nowhere, hps2x64 is better
>>
>>174993814
It's okay. I had some stutters with Third Birthday, but VC2 ran amazing.
>>
>>174994347
>>174995305

That's good! Thank you. Gonna get an OTG cable now to use my ps3 controller.
>>
>>174990254
just turn your head ya jerk.
>>
>>174990254
There is a rotation setting under Video
>>
>>174996045
It seems to be gone under 1.5.0 unless i'm missing something?
>>
>>174996345
Go to User Interface and turn on "Show Advanced Settings"
>>
>>174995143
Can hps2x64 run anything?

Anything at all?
>>
has anyone ever played gauntlet dark legacy on dolphin netplay? me and some people have been trying to get this shit working since last night and it's fucking desync city, is there some special fix for it that I can't find somewhere?
>>
>>174999874
Why don't you play a PC equivalent in the genre or something with some modicum of depth? What do you see in a fucking Gauntlet game that makes you want to set up and get your friends into it?
>>
>>175000398
thanks for not answering the question really appreciate it
>>
>>175000851
You presented two problems and the second one won't exist if you fix the first (trying to play Gauntlet ever). I'm here to help, anon.
>>
>>175000398
>>175001387
Faggot
>>
>>175000398
i...i'll just go play something else. i...i'm very sorry.
thanks.
>>
>>175000398
>he doesn't like gauntlet

Underage as fuck.
>>
File: hps8.jpg (103KB, 648x526px) Image search: [Google]
hps8.jpg
103KB, 648x526px
>>174998770
>>
>>175000398
>waaaaaaaaah stop liking things I don't like
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>175002449
At what fps

And what specs
>>
File: Play vs hps2x64.png (864KB, 1689x529px) Image search: [Google]
Play vs hps2x64.png
864KB, 1689x529px
>>175004578
>>
>>174996781
Thanks.
>>
File: file.png (63KB, 272x422px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
63KB, 272x422px
melonDS got a new release yesterday.
>>
>>175006141
Well Play! is clearly superior then.
>>
File: pcsx2.png (48KB, 365x658px) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2.png
48KB, 365x658px
what general settings should i use?
>>
>>175006141
>play 8x the speed of anything

that's new
>>
>>175006513
Kill yourself.
>>
What's the best PCSX2 hardware renderer?
>>
>>175006426
Those are fine except the scaling is probably too high for your system. Knock it down to x3 or so.

>>175006719
Yakuza and some other games will get really bad bugs when using anything other than OpenGL. There's still inaccuracies with OpenGL of course but it's just all around better imo.
>>
>>175006608
Suïcida't
>>
>>175006426

16x AF + 5x IR is probably overkill, but i guess it's cheap anyway..

how does low blending affect performance on amd? if it's heavy i'd leave it off unless you need it.

in fact, i've seen a lot of people recommend not using openGL at all on amd.

>>175006719

usually opengl
>>
>>175006719
directx fucks up my map in nocturne. idk why.
>>
>>175006853
>>175006932
What about performance? Is there much of a difference between OpenGL and DX11?
>>
>>175006883
.*

Remember to always put periods at the end of sentences.
>>
>>175004578
The speed is very good, it runs at 15fps on my old Phenom x2 and that's only using the interpreter :)
>>
>>175006932
im running a 1080p monitor and 4x makes it less than 1080 in the horizontal resolution. Literally the only reason im using 5x rez.

not pictured is my i5 6600k cpu OCed to 4.5 ghz. can i raise some settings higher with that? also is FXAA any good? I turned off texture filtering in shader configuration/
>>
>>175007319
>also is FXAA any good?
No, post processing AA solutions are never good.
>>
>>175007028
assuming the same settings probably not, but on amd it might be slower anyway.

if you're using accurate blending though (one of the main advantages of opengl) nvidia is faster. at the lower settings the difference might not be huge, higher settings cripple amd drivers last i heard

>>175007319

i mean full AF + IR. You can probably handle both, I just don't usually use more AF than I need even if it's cheap. do what you want.

and yeah, pcsx2's fxaa is good. the subpixel aa option is turned off which is the source of most people's complaints about fxaa. blurring is basically gone
>>
File: nocturne.png (1MB, 1414x1057px) Image search: [Google]
nocturne.png
1MB, 1414x1057px
anyway to make font less fugly?
>>
>>175007535
OpenGL all the way then.

Thanks for responding.
>>
>>175007587
It's not that bad.

I mean, it's still readable.
>>
>>175007998
messing around with settings but would setting Texture Filtering to Nearest be good for 2D games?
>>
>>175008152
No idea, try and see what happens.
>>
File: file.png (28KB, 528x827px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
28KB, 528x827px
>software rendering
>1x resolution
>no
>black
>spots

I wonder if zeromus is taking notes.
>>
>>175008152
its not "accurate" but will probably look better. sometimes less accurate looks better. I guess 2dgames you want more of that blocky look.
>>
>>175008152

did you try texture filtering of display?
it's under shader configuration
>>
can i edit a .pnach file with wordpad?
>>
>>175008471
>>software rendering
>1x resolution

Are those supposed to be good things now?
>>
>>175010850
the bar is that low and hitting desmume in the face.
>>
File: file.png (29KB, 528x855px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
29KB, 528x855px
>>175010850
I'm comparing it to DeSmuME's software rendering. Which adds black spots on the ground, which zeromus has been unable (or unwilling) to fix since the first release that could run HeartGold.

Of course Medusa does hardware rendering.
>>
File: in mednafen we trust.jpg (626KB, 1326x750px) Image search: [Google]
in mednafen we trust.jpg
626KB, 1326x750px
Any Mednafen News? Has Recaptcha finally solved the Saturn? What console should she tackle next?

>>175011297

Zeromus is just a maintainer. He isn't a real dev.
>>
File: progessive mode.png (53KB, 604x856px) Image search: [Google]
progessive mode.png
53KB, 604x856px
is this what i want if i want to use the progressive scan mode patch but disable the widescreen patch? The "//" turns off the code right? I have no clue what the shadow code does tho.
>>
>>175011456
What do I change from the mednafen config for muh HD?
>>
>>175012378

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>175008471
Run Ultimate Mortal Kombat in Medusa and post results.

kek
>>
why do some emulators lack vulkan support?
>>
>>175015014
romulans and klingons hinder development
>>
File: toplel.png (73KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
toplel.png
73KB, 256x384px
>>175014695
Even ignoring all of the corrupted graphics, you can see that Medusa has the same inaccurate texture/vertex coord bugs DeSmuME has(see below Kano's feet). Shit emu.
>>
File: melon.png (89KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
melon.png
89KB, 256x384px
>>175015456
Superior melonDS for comparison.
>>
>>174949992
How much time did it pass from the moment PPSSPP came out and the moment it could reliably run games?
>>
>>175015014
Effort or lack of thereof, and making a new rendered takes time.
>>
>>174964151
I'm talking reshade. Also entirely different pcsx2 builds for certain games that work perfectly, then I upgrade for games that still have issues.

PCSX2 bonus gets messed up sometimes, and saves are less organized as well.
>>
How long until Cemu is optimized enough so I can run BotW on my _____Phenom II?
>>
>>175018868
never ever
>>
>>175019037
you lie, I can run Mario 3D World fine on it
>>
>>175011456

Saturn emulation improvements proceeding as-normal, last build was dropped 4 days ago.

We could put this sort of stuff in the OP if the faggot who starts them wasn't so busy jerking his wiki to RetroArch news.
>>
>>174984416
>supporting a closed source emulator
wew
>>
>>175019809
I don't give them a dime, just saying what you're posting is not factual at all.
>>
>>175020053
i'm not that guy, i'm just telling you to stop shilling.
>>
>>175020140
I'm just telling you to stop being retarded, 1.7.4 happened and it fixed tons of shit, you can't dispute the fact Cemu made very fast progress.

Not my problem if you're analpained about people giving them money.
>>
>>175020140
>correcting obvious lies is now shilling

How can someone have the entirety of human knowledge in front of them and STILL not know what a word means?
>>
>>175019110
He asked about BotW, not SM3DW. Different games, different system requirements.
>>
>>175020263
I'm not that guy, as I said, I made no statements about development progress. I'm just saying that what they're doing is bad for emulation as a whole. Not to mention they're begging for a legal battle.
>>
>>175022215
I made both posts, I mentioned SM3DW because there was a time Cemu wouldn't emulate it well on my CPU, but after several updates, it runs fullspeed without overclocking, so future optimization for BotW will happen at one point. From what I hear 1.7.5 is already a big improvement for FPS, people now don't need to use Cemuhook and speedhacks to achieve 30FPS in it.
>>
>>175025072
Considering some of those performance improvements come at the cost of stability expect reduction in performance rather than increases.
>>
>>175023854
nintendo ain't gonna do shit, it would only bring more attention to it
>>
>>175025386
>>175025072
Oh and also since I think some future improvements would use AVX you're completely SoL for those with a Phenom 2.
>>
>>174955869
What wiki? I got the ROMhack from the GBAtemp place, that directed me to here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HpAgxGQiDT9mW6mTtS6MAKQpsQGGG-Q_wtLeXjd-Ty0
I select ".3DS for Citra", then I downloaded the toolkit, tried countless times to apply the ROMhack to my Sun decrypted ROM but I always get errors
>>
>>175023854
Not that guy but emulation isn't ilegal and Cemu is making progress, not to mention the fact that the Devs of Cemu mentioned that if the project were to stop or get frozen for a certain time period, they would release the source code.
Also, as always, Decaf is worth bringing up.
>>
>>175029139
i called nintendo and they said it was illegal.
>>
>>175030385
Yeah well lying isn't against the law.
>>
Should I wait until next year to upgrade my rig?
>>
File: Cemu_2017-04-25_20-49-35.png (208KB, 1512x978px) Image search: [Google]
Cemu_2017-04-25_20-49-35.png
208KB, 1512x978px
wat do
>>
>>175032687
Use this neat thing called Google.
>>
File: 1488739966565.jpg (94KB, 1024x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1488739966565.jpg
94KB, 1024x1019px
>>174916410
Fuck zeldo and nintendrones.
>>
>>174916410
So donate.
>>
>>174916410
>rpsc3
Were they planning to expand it to the Vita as well or am I remembering wrong?

I may chip in if they are. I like when handhelds to emulators since I don't really game on the go. PS3 would be a nice bonus since it has a handful of interesting games as well.
>>
>>175037751
I think that's the plan eventually.
>>
Is it possible to take screenshots in RetroArch in original render resolution, not in my window size?
>>
>>175041917
Yes, GPU screenshot in the Video settings.
>>
>>175042168
Thanks!
It doesn't seem to be available for GL render though, am I right?
>>
Is it just me or is the PCSX ReARMed win64 core on the buildbot not usable yet?
>>
>>175043243
isn't it specifically FOR ARM?
>>
>>175043417
In that case why it is listed under x86_64? SP wanted to make a win port so I don't think it's a mistake.
>>
>>175043625
sounds terrifying

more cores the better I suppose
>>
Where the hell do I get CEMU ROMs?
>>
>>175043749
wii u usb helper
>>
>>175043850
But that's all... ya know... legal and shit.
>>
>>175043927
ugh, legal things!
>>
>>174993140
Wavebeam is the easiest on the eyes and is probably more accurate than the higher saturation ones.
>>
Anyone wanna make this a RetroArch shader?

https://github.com/MinorKeyGames/CRTSim
>>
>>175045404
Looks like absolute dogshit. It's like if someone explained to an <18 person what a CRT was like, and they implemented what they imagined in a shader.
>>
>>175037751
>I like when handhelds to emulators
What the fuck does that even mean.
>>
>>175041113
That sounds hopeful. Seems like a lot of gaps in emulation have been getting filled in over the past several years. PSP, Saturn, PS3, etc. IF 3DS falls in there eventually or original xbox there won't be many old games out of reach.
>>
>>175043927
>>175044079
What's wrong with legal things?
>>
>>175046840
It means I'm tired. Also its not hard to figure out. When handhelds get emulators you can play them on a TV nice an comfy instead of a limited battery, mini screen, you have to hold up.
>>
Is there a way to fix the fucked up sound in SSBWU (CEMU 1.7.5)?
>>
Never played a MGS game before, is Twin Snakes playable/accurate on dolphin?
>>
>>175047871
Don't play twin snakes, it's shit. Play the original version.
>>
>>175047871
Yes, and don't listen to the /v/ drones.
>>
melonDS vs nogba who uses less cpu? Im trying to record some shit and theres always missing frames in the latter.
>>
File: 1491131586501.jpg (154KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491131586501.jpg
154KB, 640x480px
>play test drive unlimited
>it aged like milk
>>
File: 12356585.jpg (22KB, 840x405px) Image search: [Google]
12356585.jpg
22KB, 840x405px
Can BOTW be emulated yet, or do i have to buy that piece of shit console?
>>
Why does Higan ignore the aspect ratio correction setting in fullscreen? I don't want my squares to be rectangles.
>>
>>175062816
What does that have to do with emulation?
>>
>>175063274
>games you have to play on ps2 or pcsx2 have nothing to do with emulation
Hang yourself or at least apply the same faggoty reddit response to >>175048153 and >>175056395
>>
>>174916410
>I will never play armored core 4/4A on on PC
Just fucking end it already
>>
>>175062816
>>175063481
Not that Anon but it's also on PSP, Xbox 360 and Windows so you just expressed yourself incorrectly, not a big deal.
>>
>>175002449
Wait
What game is this, looks very familiar
>>
File: tidus.jpg (31KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
tidus.jpg
31KB, 500x360px
>>175067593
>>
>>175066421
Just give it a few decades
>>
>>175069075
B-but I really want to do that white glint fight again
>>
>>174993140
The 4th one, the one literally labelled "consumer", the one people who owned a NES were most likely to see, the one that devs knew their customers would see... I'm going to go ahead and assume that's the objectively correct palette.
>>
On dolphin, every single game I try, including Mario Galaxy 2, runs perfect on a laptop with i5 @ 2.9 ghz (turbo clock) and intel hd 520, so long as I don't enhance graphics (some less demanding games I can bump them up a little bit). I always use D3D11, and there's never a problem.

PCSX2, I'm being bottlenecked... by my processor?! I have the 8bit texture thing on at all times, because it switches some of the load from CPU to GPU. I never enhance graphics. I can play some games 100%, like Katamari or God Hand or DMC, with some hacks on. If the wiki has a burning CPU logo, I plain can't play the game (I tried with Jak and Daxter, and the fucked up eyes making Jak look retarded and Keira like a bug lady made me laugh my ass off. Beside that it ran at 50%, not much better after using a shitton of hacks and turning the grass white and the frogs gay).

Is PCSX2 going to get better? Why do I need a 4ghz CPU? It's the devs' fault, isn't it?
>>
Mednafen is like the anti-Retroarch. It always works properly, does things that existing standalones don't already do (especially saturn), and has no gui at all. Like a polar opposite really. I like mednafen.
>>
>>175074375
>Intel IGP
>Laptop
>Jak
Yeah I would guess trying to run one of the most demanding games with a crappy setup like that wouldn't go well.
It's actually your IGP being the bottleneck here in most cases even if your CPU isn't enough for some game either.
>>
>>175075235
I know for sure it's the CPU. When I have the 8bit texture hack off (which is a setting that displaces load from CPU to GPU), it gets slower by about 5-10%. Lowering GPU-affecting settings in general doesn't help at all. And this laptop runs Mario Galaxy 2 with absolutely no problems. The only PS2 game to bottleneck GPU is God Hand, which I just needed to use skipdraw on (no idea why that game of all games taxes the PS2 GPU but whatever). I don't see why there should be these issues on my 2.9ghz i5. I don't have any power-saving shit on.
>>
>>175073395

I'm going to put one big [citation needed] on that. All evidence shows that TVs that used the standard decoder were far more common than the few Sony TVs with the Sony CXA2025AS decoder. This is supported by the fact that pretty much all YIQ->RGB conversions for most consumer hardware are assumed to be done with the standard matrix values cited on almost every online resource about colorspace conversion.

More likely, the TV you used just had its color output modified to make certain colors more vibrant, had increased saturation, had the hue off-center, etc. If you were to adjust those settings (with the service menu or physical knobs on the tube) so that the color output is more neutral with SMPTE color bars, I'm willing to bet the NES colors will be closer to what is depicted by the Canonical or FBX palettes.

Either way, there is no single "true NTSC NES palette" and the search for such a thing is a fool's errand. Best thing to do is use a palette generator that mathematically determines the colors and adjust the settings until it matches your TV.
>>
>>175075790
>I know for sure it's the CPU
IGPs can't use the good renderer so by default you're bottlenecked, on top of that they generally take away performance from the CPU especially on a laptop.

>(no idea why that game of all games taxes the PS2 GPU but whatever)
Your assumption is wrong, speed in PCSX2 has only a loose relation with how taxing the game is on the real hardware or how graphically impressive it looks for that matter

> And this laptop runs Mario Galaxy 2
Another program has another set of requirements, that pretty normal, not to mention it's nintendo shit so obviously it's optimized to death in Dolphin.

>I don't see why there should be these issues on my 2.9ghz i5
Hardware requirements are not dictated by what you think they should be.
>>
>>175074375
>Is PCSX2 going to get better?

No.

>Why do I need a 4ghz CPU?

The PS2 is a weird, complex machine.

>It's the devs' fault, isn't it?

It isn't.
>>
>>175062928
Mostly works. Wait until Cemu 1.7.5 public release that's supposed to work much better if you want to start playing the game.
>>
>>175076720
I use D3D11 renderer.

>>175077616
What does PS2 do that's so special?

>>175075956
Woah woah woah bro. I was born in 97. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about on any of that.
>>
>tfw you can't emulate that feeling you got on Christmas morning as a kid when you opened that present and it was the game you had been begging your parents for the past 6 months
>>
>>175077987
No, I think RetroArch has a shader for that.
>>
>>175077616
>>Is PCSX2 going to get better?
>No.
Well not significantly better time soon anyways, unless some dude pulls out a Texture cache implementation that doesn't suck dick and a EE+VU recompiler that's 64bit and better than the current one.

>>It's the devs' fault, isn't it?
>It isn't.
Well partially, but doing thing the proper way would just bring those way up anyways so yeah.

>>175077803
>I use D3D11 renderer.
Yes and it's basically abandoned now, but because intel is shit at drivers you can't use the OGL one.

>What does PS2 do that's so special?
>"Hey guys, what if, we took the N64 and like made it even more complex and removed all the big bottlenecks"
Thus the PS2 was born.
>>
Why doesn't /emugen/ just make their own PS2 emulator? They complain about PCSX2 often enough.
>>
>>175078364
https://github.com/MoochMcGee/Emotionless
>>
>>175077803
>What does PS2 do that's so special?

GC/Wii: well documented IBM PowerPC CPU architecture, largely well documented externally designed ATI GPU.

PS2: custom-made "Emotion Engine" CPU that doesn't even do rounding according to the standards (hence the bunch of rounding hacks in PCSX2), two "VU" coprocessors and custom made GPU.
>>
File: 1387924357332.png (5KB, 278x259px) Image search: [Google]
1387924357332.png
5KB, 278x259px
>>175078485
>Qt
>C++
>>
>>175077803
>I was born in 97.

You must be 18 years old to use this...

>1997 was 20 years ago

...fuck me
>>
>>175078621
That's the least of it's issues.
>>
>>175078621
I agree. It should be built on WPF and C#.
>>
>>175078932
You mean Hiro and C++17
>>
>>175074958
They also don't accept contributions or pull requests of any kind
>>
>>175074958
Nice blog
>>
>>175077803
>Woah woah woah bro. I was born in 97. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about on any of that.

Yeah I can tell.
>>
https://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1599

Can you really hear the difference between 32000Hz and 32055Hz?
>>
>>175084578
Maybe if you compare them side by side, but not in a double blind ABX test
>>
>>175062816
Don't you think that original (nextgen) version would age better?
>>
>>175079409
You mean ZSNES UI and ASM
>>
>>175081290
How.

>>175078637
Yeah and the NES is over 3 decades old too. I still played some NES games, and as a kid I had some NES ports on my GBA. My favorites were SMW and DKC2 from SNES, though.

>>175078614
That basically explains everything, honestly.
>>
Fucking terrible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/67owwk/why_does_cemu_seem_to_get_so_much_hate/
>>
>>175088758
>the open source kids are simply sheep so it's best just to ignore them

What
>>
>>175090458
It's cognitive dissonance causing post purchase rationalization.

He paid for it, so it has to be the best damn thing ever and anyone who says anything bad about it is some poor weenie begging for free handouts and is horribly wrong and should have been molested when they were younger.
>>
>>175088758
lmoa I bet all those retrocucks are dying to make a libretro Cemu core so they can get more patreon money.
>>
>>175077616
It's going to bet slightly better anon.

And it is the devs fault, partially atleast.
>>
>>175090998
Ding ding ding ding, you're correct. Out of curiosity, do you follow Scott Adams?
>>
>>175090458
He is right, they are just mad because CEMU is making faster progress than the alternative open source Wii U emulator, Decaf.
In any case even if CEMU went open source it would be useless without Exzap expertise working on it and Decaf is solid proof of it,
>>
>>174943559
So you're saying, emulate GC instead of PS2 if you care about muh input lag?

>>174993646
>MAME
>House of the Dead
It's a Model 2 game, use Model 2 Emulator.
>>
>>175077616
No.

It gets improvements all the time, albeit usually minor Not to shill for pcsx2, but gregory is pretty damn dedicated.

how many people refuse to work on pcsx2 because of "muh clean code"?
>>
Is there a point of diminishing returns for CPUs as far as Dolphin is concerned?
>>
>>175078614
for a console it's arguable it didn't need to do it the standard way

>>175087669
>That basically explains everything, honestly.

Not really. The emotion engine is only half the picture. Arguably the smaller half. The majority of problems with pcsx2 are graphics synthesizer and memory related.
>>
>>175094035
And how can they fix that?
>>
>>175094405
fix what?
>>
>>175094480
The problems related to the graphics synthesizer and memory!
>>
>>175094589
maybe, maybe not. it's complex, and i don't know if you can even answer that question accurately
>>
>>175093731
>>175094035
The original question was in regards to CPU usage which is predominantly the recompilers and audio if you're using a hardware renderer.
>>
File: C-WMU6TV0AAH_QZ[1].jpg (70KB, 676x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-WMU6TV0AAH_QZ[1].jpg
70KB, 676x1200px
>Beetle libretro will never be finished
>>
>>175047871

Play MGS with PGXP. Ignore Twin Snakes. Clueless half assed remake by idiot Canadians who had no idea what they were doing.
>>
>>175095893
>>The original question was in regards to CPU usage which is predominantly the recompilers and audio if you're using a hardware renderer.
Depth emulation and Blending emulation are both heavily CPU dependent, as in there are some cases where a 7700k is not enough or just barely enough.
>>
>>175096820
Only on OGL, I think the guy who originally asked was using D3D.
>>
>>175074375

another thing that makes pcsx2 more demanding is that the CPUs handle T&L, unlike gamecube. so when you emulate a ps2 your CPU has to do all the geometry and lighting work that's done by your GPU in dolphin
>>
>>175096070
Source?
>>
>>175078614
Isn't PS2 GPU a block of PS1 GPUs with enhanced functional?
>>
>>175096965
Y'know, in both dolphin and pcsx2, I've yet to find a game where D3D11 isn't 100% fine, among all the games I've played.
>>
Has anyone tried using a converter to play emulated games on a CRT?
>>
>>175101365
a lot of games need accurate blending. you just got lucky
>>
Has anyone tried the Libretro Dolphin core?
>>
>>175101464
Yes, I convert my games to CRT-compatible ones. Looks wonderful.
>>
>>175100790
sort of. the cpu has more pixels and terry bites.
>>
>>175101502
Yeah probably. Or my computer can't handle the more demanding ps2 games anyway, the only ones I tried were Jak 1 and Jak X. It's not a big deal, I already have the HD collections of all the big ticket PS2 series's, and I've played them plenty as it is. I'm just happy to play Katamari on my laptop really conveniently.
>>
>>175101523
yah. it's great and crashed ra immediately.
>>
>>175101663
lol what
>>
File: Backlog.png (49KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
Backlog.png
49KB, 780x439px
Here's my backlog. What should I play next?
>>
>higan will never be finished
>>
Do we know if byuu reads /emugen/?
>>
https://twitter.com/libretro/status/857334341151666177

www.retroarch.com
>>
>>175101523
Tried it, the stick sensitivity is ridiculous, like it has zero deadzone and sensitivity to max, so it's practically unusable.
>>
>>175102910
Surprised it hasn't been submitted to /r/emulation already.
>>
>>175103418
Any necessary configs? It crashes on start for me.
>>
>>175102910
Is this what he did with the patreon money?
>>
>>175105336
Website is an unpaid work of kivutar.
>>
>>175105609
The hunt continues.
>>
>>175104475
I think you need to put the dolphin user folder in your save dir. And hardware shared context on or else you get no video. I think that was all I did.
>>
Is mudlord not scared that cemu is going to take legal action for cracking their emulator?
>>
>>175105986
Mudlord is retarded, so:
- does not understand what he did
- won't go to jail

Maybe they will take away his welfare.
>>
>>175106225
Well wouldn't his caretaker go to jail then?
>>
>>>/v/375083228
>/emugen/ has a Discord server

Are we fucked?
>>
>>175106845
There's like ten regulars in this general total, drama is the least of our worries.
>>
>>175106418
IANAL, but fine would be max penalty? And giving status of legal guardian to somebody else?
>>
>>175107390
>fine would be max penalty?

I think it depends on the crime, no?

>so guys I was in charge of this retard but I left him unattended with a loaded gun and he went and shot up a mall, how much I gotta pay?
>>
>>175103854
Looks pretty good.
>>175105986
>going to jail for hacking an emulator
"hey- I cracked the program you've been developing to bleed money from nintendo. Do something, i fucking dare you."
>>
>>175107848
Emulation isn't illegal. Piracy (which includes circumventing DRM) is.
>>
>>175108113
can you fucking imagine the cemu team trying to sue? lol. Nintendo would get involved. Jesus you're thick.
>>
File: Capture3.png (532KB, 633x473px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
532KB, 633x473px
Is there a trick to getting nocturne working with upscaling, or is it just not doable?

I tried switching to DX11 hardware with upscaling set to x2 and this happened and i got scared and switched back to software
>>
>>175110532
If they haven't gotten involved by this point why would they get involved in some petty DRM squabble? Not to mention the law doesn't work like that, if cemu sued mudlord Nintendo would have no legal recourse to butt in, if they had a score to settle with cemu they would have to sue independently.
>>
>>175105986
>>175108113
Documenting how to circumvent DRM is perfectly legal you mongoloid.
https://www.engadget.com/2014/12/11/drm-stripping-software-not-illegal/
>>
>>175107295

There would be more if you weren't such pricks to deal with.
>>
>>175112825
Muddy distributes crack from his website because of attention whoring. And retardation.
>>
>>175112825
Documenting something != actually doing it, and distributing it.
>>
>>175113525
Are you a Cemu shill? You seem awfully upset that Mudlord is releasing cracks for your favorite paywalled emulator
>>
>>175105986
>cemu is going to take legal action for cracking their emulato

ahahahAHAHAHAHAHA

good joke
>>
you wouldn't emulate a PS4
>>
>>175114601
Sure thing sonygger.
>>
File: 452213123243.png (275KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
452213123243.png
275KB, 1200x1200px
Can I run cemu in windowed 1080p yet?
>>
>>175110532
>petty drm squabble
tell us more about international law you fucking faggot.
>>
>>175105986
on what grounds can they sue him?
>>
>>175113525
it's on github
>>
>>175118861
Old version, last updated two months ago.
Newest crack is on his page.
Muddy even got a Paypal and accepts donations.
>>
File: 1489681251575.png (158KB, 1763x802px) Image search: [Google]
1489681251575.png
158KB, 1763x802px
>>
>>175120775
Why do you got to a retard den and bring us back pictures of retards being retards in their natural retard habitat? Are YOU retarded?
>>
Why dont any of the PS2 emulators work for me? I either get a configuration error or it says I am missing a file from the program. I've downloaded them all 4+ times and I get the same errors.
>>
>>175121554
Sounds like a problem between the keyboard and the chair.
>>
File: Wide Questions.gif (46KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
Wide Questions.gif
46KB, 384x288px
>>174910784
Any predictions on when the Nintendo Switch will be emulated?
>>
>>175122301
The switch has one game, and Cemu already runs it.

For all intents and purposes, the Switch experience is emulated.
>>
>medusa has a priority game issue label
>it's all first party shit
Fuck sake, now instead of having a shit emulator with biased priorities we have two
>>
>>175045404
that couldn't possibly look less like a crt.
>>175101464
I use a Wii for that
>>
>>175123893
Tried that before but Wii PS1 emulation is too shitty and its a hassle dealing with controllers
>>
>>175045404
I can understand wanting to recreate the good parts of CRTs but this seems to want to recreate the worst possible CRT then fuck the calibration some more.
>>
>>175125916
PS1 emulation does suck, but GCN to PS1/2 adapters and/or the classic controller pro are pretty rad.
>>
>>175120775
At least the shill is at -19 and the guy who actually has his head outside of his ass is at +18.
>>
why do people complain so often about Desmume

I don't have issues with it
>>
>>175132310
why do people complain so often about zsnes

I don't have issues with it
>>
File: gsdx_201704262005xx.png (495KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
gsdx_201704262005xx.png
495KB, 1024x512px
Aye. I am having trouble with SH4 on PCSX2.

The left is what I get with hardware rendering: weird fringes on "billboarded" (believe that's how they're called) textures. The right is what I get with software rendering: absolutely insane dithering that I can't imagine is how it's supposed to look (but no weird offset on textures).

How do I get the right, but with less extreme dithering? Is that just how it's supposed to look? Hardware seems way too bright.
>>
>>175134934
Just play the PC version. Get Joy2Key for making the left stick behave like the mouse.
>>
>>175135313
>the left stick
The right one.
>>
>>175133672
Not even similar. Fucking kys.
>>
The good thing about melonDS and Medusa being around is that those dweebs can do all the bug finding for fiddly games and DeSmuME can reap the benefits.

DeSmuME can now boot at least two more games than before(Some Japanese game and an Army Men game) thanks to Staplebutter working out why they weren't booting in melonDS.
>>
>>175135313
PC version's missing some hauntings, has a few glitches, as far as I know. Not authentic enough.
>>
>>175138436
Other things are still never going to be fixed.
>>
File: 1473952458439.png (2MB, 2220x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473952458439.png
2MB, 2220x1080px
Guys why does Lunar Silver Star Harmony on PPSSPP for Android have this split sprite problem? The PC of PPSSPP doesn't seem to have it.

Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>175143104
Android is a tricky creature

Bug them on github
>>
Does Ratchet & Clank work yet
>>
>>175143506

I'll do that. Thanks man.
>>
>>175144118
rpcs3 is making slow progress
>>
I'm on Ryzen 1700 and can't seem to get 25+ fps in BotW using cemu. 1.7.5 dropped a couple days ago for the patreon lads and apparently it helps out us AMD men with performance. I've also yet to overclock fully and am only sitting at a slight overclock of 3.3Ghz (from stock 3.0). I'm getting about 16fps on average, but low activity and idling get me up to 20ish tops.

Anyone with cemu 1.7.5 and AMD guts that can give an anecdote?
>>
>>175144642
Try a 3.7GHz OC on all cores or try to target 4GHz on a few cores.
>>
>>175145068
I'm new to emulation in general. It's really just heavily CPU based?
>>
File: well meme'd.jpg (249KB, 600x946px) Image search: [Google]
well meme'd.jpg
249KB, 600x946px
>>175144642
>Ryzen
>>
>>175145390
Almost exclusively.
>>
so is botw playable on the free cemu, Im guessing they probably dont have it playable without the version you have to donate right?
>>
>>175146006
It IS playable in 1.7.4d, 1.7.5 which is the Patreon Timed-Exclusive Build just runs it better (I assume) than 1.7.4d.
>>
>>175145390
Depends on the system. For good emulation of the Wii U, you need a beefy CPU and GPU. For older systems, you just need a good CPU.
>>
>>175113950
Of course I am, the fucking retard is hurting Exzap's profits and creating lost sales.
>>
>>175101974
Not Drakengard 3, it's the worst game I've personally ever played. There is no payoff, it's not Drakengard, it's not NieR, it's garbage.

Of those, definitely play: NieR, Demon's Souls, SOTC, Bloodborne, and FFT

Is this related to emulation?
>>
>>175147128

> lost sales
> repeating muh lame game industry claptrap
> coming from an apologist from a guy who enables users to pirate nintendo games; a plagiarist who pretends that copy pasting oman style sourcecode is his own work
> top kek
>>
can higan be run in 256x224?
I cannot find a setting that will allow me to do this
>>
https://twitter.com/endrift/status/857058524156657664
Why is an emudev using MacOS and Safari?
>>
>>174970038
I get this shit too but it only happens in programs that use OpenGL. I think it's just an issue with my graphics drivers.
>>
>>175150586
higan does not offer much customization for that sort of thing. You need to use RA.
>>
>>175121327
Yes
>>
>>175111053
This pic would be better if the arrow was pointing to the other dialog option.
>>
>>175153104
.*

Always remember to put periods at the end of your sentences.
>>
File: gaming_pi-inside.jpg (69KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gaming_pi-inside.jpg
69KB, 800x600px
I'm aiming to build something similar to one of these as a gift for someone. I only intend to run NES and SNES stuff on it, maybe Genesis if the screen ends up being big enough that I can fit enough buttons. Do you guys think I can get away with a lower than native res screen? Or would it mess with some games text too much?

https://learn.adafruit.com/worlds-smallest-mame-arcade-cabinet/overview
>>
>>175155934
Why don't you try resize some screenshots at least? Wouldn't it be better than our blind guess?
I'd say it will be ok, even with bilinear downsampling.
>>
>>175150826
>https://twitter.com/endrift/status/857058524156657664

> Fix this or I’m gonna stop using your software. This is a fucking blocker.

Oh man, Apple cares so much I tell you.
>>
>>175152498
thanks m8
>>
>>175150586>>175152498
I think there is aspect ratio setting
>>
>>175139369
There are fixes for that.
>>
>>175070651
Only a few decades anon...
>>
pmub
>>
did Cemu 1.7.5 fix the problem of BotW where Link's camera wouldn't work?
>>
>>175167509
no
>>
>>175168162
that sucks, it still isn't fully playable then
>>
>>175169095
It kinda is
I'm pretty sure it's not required to actually finish the game
>>
>>175169142
you can't do some quests without the camera, that makes it not fully playable still
>>
>>175169213
Have you actually tried?
I've done the the quests that require you to take a picture of purah and a fairy fountain, the picture shows up as black but the game still recognizes what it is
>>
>>175169451
oh i didn't know that, I'm not playing the game right now, I like to play when shit is properly playable and not a jumbled mess, I didn't know you didn't see the pic but it did work when you took pictures
>>
File: 1480819178329.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480819178329.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>175169764
Well it does work
If you do play it now though beware that the camera detection is kinda glitchy, I hear turning off resolution graphics packs fixes that but I didn't try it
>>
File: retroarch_shaders.png (39KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
retroarch_shaders.png
39KB, 221x221px
RetroArch website updated, how do you feel about its premises?
>>
citra is fucking garbage, its developers should be euthanized for their own good
>>
>>175173000
Ow bro that's what I'm talking about not!
>>
>>175173578
So are you against it or not?
>>
Can anyone explain what people mean when they refer to emulator "accuracy"? Is it faithfulness to the original system's graphics and gameplay? Is it at all related to the "speed" or is emulator speed a separate thing?

Also, is the nature of an emulator such that it can never reach 100% accuracy, or complete mirroring of a game's graphics and framerate and physics system?

Also, is it possible that an emulator could be "more accurate", shall we say, at representing a game's physics engine than the actual system did?
>>
>>175181316
Not really

I mean, something can be better but less accurate. For example, let's say PGXP gets perfected and doesn't cause any bugs, that would make the game better, but it wouldn't be as accurate as running the game without it.

And yes accuracy is related to graphics, gameplay and speed.
>>
>>175181316
>>175181971
Also read this http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Accuracy
>>
>>175181316

Does the emulator flip these bits like the console would? Then congratulations, that particular portion is accurate.
>>
>>175181316
>Is it faithfulness to the original system's graphics and gameplay
Yes.
>Is it at all related to the "speed" or is emulator speed a separate thing?
By speed they mean hardware requirements, so yes, it's related. You need more computational power to emulate more accurately.
>Also, is the nature of an emulator such that it can never reach 100% accuracy, or complete mirroring of a game's graphics and framerate and physics system?
It can be pretty close, but on current PCs it's only possible when emulating 70s game systems such as Pong.
>Also, is it possible that an emulator could be "more accurate", shall we say, at representing a game's physics engine than the actual system did?
No works regarding physics yet, but emulator can enhance graphics - such as resolution in 3d games, reduce sprite flicker on older systems a bit (not really on properly programmed games though), and also increase framerate which is kind of "physics".
>>
>>175144118
has for a while

turn on mipmapping and fast texture invalidation
>>
>>175181971
>that would make the game better
subjective
>>
>>175181316
The removal of sprite flickering in NES emulators might be a great thing, but it's inaccurate. It's up to you if you should give a fuck.
Also reminder that you emulate a system, not a game.
>>
>>175182356
Enhanced resolution is always good.
>>
>>175181316
Accuracy refers to how close the emulator is to the real thing. A 100% accurate emulator must run every single game exactly the way it would on a real console. Given the same inputs during the same frames and with no RNG involved, the output must be the same regardless of speed.

An emulator cannot be "more accurate" than the console because you can't compare the console to itself. If you're asking if an emulator can run something better than the console then yes, it can, but that means it's less accurate.
>>
>>175181971
>>175182112
>>175182234
I get it now; my initial confusion I guess was that some people use accuracy to mean all of faithfulness to gameplay, physics engine, AND speed, while in the article you linked to sometimes there's a distinction between accuracy and speed.

So would you say that SNES or GBA emulation is perfectly accurate or near-perfect? I'm guessing that N64 or PS1 or Gamecube emulation is around 95% accurate, depending on the game of course
>>
>>175182270
>when emulating 70s game systems such as Pong.
Bad example. Those 70's arcade games use no CPU and are pretty much entirely made up of analog components. Very difficult to emulate with 100% accuracy.
>>
>>175182270
I have to add that current level of accuracy in (probably) not even the most accurate emulator bizhawk with NES and SNES games are enough to recorded button presses being replicated in real system result in same output.
See: http://tasvideos.org/TASBot.html
So don't worry, you're ok with emulation.
>>
>>175182794
SNES emulation is near-perfect yes, I don't know about GBA, but I've heard it has some really accurate emulators so it might be too.
>>
>>175182621
>A 100% accurate emulator must run every single game exactly the way it would on a real console
But real consoles can have variances that make differences per console. Like the SNES, for example. Clock speeds can vary creating different sound. Uninitialized bytes in memory can be random causing certain things, and this randomness is different per console. This can cause the Mario All-Stars debug code to activate on certain consoles(press select in SMB3 to cycle powerups), cause issues in magical drop, etc. This can affect the ability to reproduce TAS on real consoles.
>>
>>175182816
But they are only game systems emulated on chip level on a PC, not FPGA.
See DICE emulator
>>
>>175183428
I don't think DICE fully simulates the characteristics of the chips, though.
>>
Yo, /emugen/. I have a couple of quick questions.

1. What is the recommended GBA libretro core?
2. Is there a shader that smooths pixel edges more than Quilez, but less than bilinear? Bicubic isn't much better than bilinear and adds ringing.
>>
>>175184335
1. mgba
2. not that I know of
>>
>>175184335
Isn't there parameters to play with in some shaders?
>>
>>175183221
>But real consoles can have variances that make differences per console. Like the SNES, for example. Clock speeds can vary creating different sound. Uninitialized bytes in memory can be random causing certain things, and this randomness is different per console.

Console revision differences can be accounted for. For example mednafen emulates a SCPH 5500 in particular rather than some generalised idea of what a Playstation is. Slight differences between each console like the SNES uninitialized memory can only be truly be accurate to one console in particular however. It's such an edge case that it's not really a big concern.
>>
Is it ee-moo-jen or is it eh-moo-jen?
>>
>>175189702

I say it like "em-you-jen".
>>
>>175189702
エミュジェン
>>
Has there been any work done to try to emulate japanese phone games? Games like: Shin Megami Tensei 20XX, Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII and King's Field Mobile.
>>
>>175190949
never ever
>>
>>175190949
Can't you just get all of those through Qooapp or some sort of .apk manager?
>>
>>175191548
Those games were made before Android.
>>
Play! core when?
>>
>>175190949
Buy these phones off jp auctions and pray to kamisama the games you want are there installed
>>
>>175084578
Firebrandx does, because he is suer human. He also made the most accurate NES palette of the universe.
>>
>>175195463
>Firebrandx does, because he is suer human. He also made the most accurate NES palette of the universe.

It's pure accuracy astounds even me. For only he found out how to get the palette that the Famicom is beaming out, without need to worry about how the TV was interpreting it.
>>
>>175189702
ee-moo-jen.
>>
>>175198963
Do you pronounce emulator as ee-moo-later? That's cute.
>>
>>175189702
I like latter.
>>
>>175200343
No I pronounce it as ee-moo-lator.

But /emugen/ is clear ee-moo-jen.
>>
>>175194809
And if you do, you'll need to figure out how to dump them.
>>
Where do I find Citra versions that are optimized for Pokemon Moon?
>>
What are the best cores for SNES and PS1 for Retroarch?
>>
We need custom texture scaling options.

1. Can load any texture scaling options you want to.

2. Can stack multiple ones in any order or scale. ie. scale 1 by xbr, the rest by bilinear.

The xbr only approach leads to vector style graphics. That sucks. But it can have some use as a scale x1-2 and the rest by nearest or bilinear.
>>
File: bender laughs even harder.gif (957KB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
bender laughs even harder.gif
957KB, 288x198px
>>175203920
>Citra
Um-
>optimized
Whu?
>for Pokemon
pic related

Look, sweetie, that's not how this works. Now run along and play your Pokies on your little DS or whatever like it was meant to be played, and we adults will keep talking about our adult stuff. 'k?

fuckin' idiot pokeshitter
>>
>>175191703
So there's no way I could play TES travels or DoomRPG?
>>
>>174910784
Having some trouble finding an .iso for Sonic Adventure 2. Really wanna play that game, but everything I find is an .cdi, which Dolphin can't play.
>>
>>175206994
Gotchu senpai

http://store.steampowered.com/app/213610/
>>
>>175206994
The Dreamcast version has better lighting and audio mixing anyway.
>>
>>175208379
>steam
Disgusting.
>>
>>175206325
Those are Java based, so yes you can. There's an emulator, but they're shit though.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1280x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1280x480px
>>175208693
pic related, Dreamcast on the left
The PC version has even shittier audio and even worse lighting than the GC version which is pretty impressive.
>>
>>175210249
>right is flatout missing some texture details

But why?
>>
>>175210637
The engine for the Sonic Adventure series was designed for Dreamcast so an incredible amount of shit was broken in all the ports of the games.
>>
FFT WotL has garbage sound effects in PPSSPP. Now I'm not the only one who has this. No one online has any fixes.

Is this innacurate emulation or just the game? The PSP port also has slowdown adn other issues showing it's a poor port.
>>
>>175215395
FFT WotL has garbage sound effects on a real PSP. It doesn't have reverb effects that were used in the PS1 original, so things like the Lucavi demons' transformation effects sound like dying cats. The music sounds a bit worse too.
>>
>>175045404

Looks like that may be a thing now

https://github.com/libretro/slang-shaders/commit/46172167c9ed4884d92da5df588cbcc92c4a7ac2
>>
Dolphin's FAQ says that an i7-4700MQ is as good as it gets for laptop CPUs; is that true and anything better suffers from diminishing returns or is the page just outdated?
>>
>>175218447
Seems a bit outdated. Compare specs on intel's website. Still seems solid.
>>
demon's souls playable yet
>>
How long until the New Nintendo 2DS XL is emulated?
>>
>>175221851
Are GC games in Dolphin less resource-intensive than Wii games? Being able to play Wii games with better GRAFIX would be nice but I'm mainly looking at GC games. And maybe Cemu and PCSX2 but from what I understand that's pipe dream-tier.
>>
>>175221972
semi-playable
>>
>>175216352
Fuck off kike.
>>
File: image.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>175223453
When citra gets good
>>
File: 1481261494832.jpg (248KB, 703x545px) Image search: [Google]
1481261494832.jpg
248KB, 703x545px
what are the repos for debian
i don't want to compile on my shitty laptop.
>>
>>175228161
Nigga what? Why are you running debian if you can't solve such a trivial problem?
>>
>>175228423
>can't solve
that's not what i said.
>>
>shitty laptop can barely run xenoblade chronicles at 17-22 fps
Must be nice having a good rig.
>>
>>175228992
Specs?
>>
>>175228161
>>175228423
nobody has bothered to package the ubuntu shit for debian? do all of you retards actually convert/compile everything you use? lmoa
>>
>>175228992
It's nice to be unable to play that game.
>>
>>175209183
What's wrong with Steam?
>>
>>175227486
>le /pol/ face
>>
>>175235195
>drm
>>
>>175236194
Steam isn't DRM, you can Google it if you want.
>>
>>175236194
Steams DRM is almost as secure as ROT26.
>>
File: sonichu.png (185KB, 683x527px) Image search: [Google]
sonichu.png
185KB, 683x527px
>>175236549
It often is.
I just tested it, Steam version of Sonic Adventure 2 requires Steam license check to launch.
>>
>>175238206
The fact that it is easy to crack doesn't stop it from being DRM. Most of big Denuvo games got cracked, so what? Denuvo isn't DRM now?
>>
>>175238421
>It often is.
Ye, true.
>I just tested it, Steam version of Sonic Adventure 2 requires Steam license check to launch.
Why would you even buy the worst port of SA2?
>>175238532
Steamworks is DRM, not Steam m8. Steam is just a program to download games that most of the time use Steamworks.
>>
>>175238578
I don't know. I used to buy lots of games. I have 2,754 games on my account.
>>
>>175238421
If there is no extra drm it can be bypassed with a steam emulator.
>>
Hey,

what is the actual best portable device you can get for emulation?

I wanted something where I could actually emulate SNES, GBA and PS1 without issues with graphics or frameskipping.
>>
https://github.com/mudlord/cemuhack
>>
File: 1490147769017.png (18KB, 250x278px) Image search: [Google]
1490147769017.png
18KB, 250x278px
I'm getting semi frequent crashes and hangs when playing botw lately, and i believe its because my 16 gigs of ram isn't cutting it. Does windows write to the pagefile for programs that are in active use? if so, does anyone know how this behaves with cemu? i have my pagefile on an SSD so i thought this wouldn't be an issue
>>
>>175252928
some people reddit have said its an nvidia driver issue with the shaders taking up a fuckton of memory but hell if i know
>>
>>175206148
Fuck you you rude cunt.

Here is the chinese Citra build I used to finish Pokemon Sun. http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/jRCx76Fi/file.html
>>
>>175249058
GPD XD, GPD Win or any smartphone and a nice attachable MOGA Controller for it.
>>
>>175253783
I'm pretty sure someone in one of the last EmuGens linked an official post made by NVIDIA on their page saying so and that they were working to fix it, or something like that.
>>
So why did mudlord release the crack source? I dont get it.
>>
Is there no romset of mame 184?
On planetemu the latest romset of mame is 180, is there a place where i can dowload ROMs individually but they must be romset perfect, like planetemu have all the games of fba latest version you can download them without any worry. Or should i just dig emuparadise?
>>
What are the best settings in PCSXR to run FF7
>>
>>175255157
He was probably upset that I called his crack fishy and probably a virus (I was just memeing).
>>
>>175256827
Emuparadise update packs are up to 183.
>>
>>175238532
You shouldn't listen to people without any idea about the amount of work involved when reversing DRM (average pirate gamer pretty much). Their difficulty criteria are something like this:

>Game got cracked within a week
SHITTY DRM WHY DO DEVS EVEN BOTHER WITH IT

>Game uncracked after a week (especially when gives a shit about cracking it)
OMG UNCRACKABLE!!!!

Hell, they would even call something like Securom "weak" just because it got cracked in the past. Cracking is a shitty thankless job nobody truly appreciates (except for other crackers).
>>
I got a laptop with Intel i5-7300HQ and an Nvidia gtx 1050Ti. How well can I run CEMU and BotW? Nothing crazy, as long it hits 30fps in 1080p I'll be happy.
>>
>>175269157
Why don't you download it and try it out yourself?
>>
>>175269239
because asking others with more experience who can possibly provide the answer is much easier than going through the entire dl+configuration process for a game my computer can't even run?
>>
>>175265709
What's up, mudlord?
>>
>>175272378
I'm not mudlord but this sounds like something he would write indeed. Just wait until he gets tired of people asking him to crack cemu.
>>
>>175265709

From what I hear, based Chinese 3DM and Bird are behind a lot of the hell Denuva is being (rightfully) given. They were not responsible for the latest crack, though. That was CPY.
>>
So is the reicast core dead?
It hasnt gotten a single update since being released, and it still doesn't support saving etc.
>>
>People cynically refuse to pay money to Nintendo to play a game they're dying to get their hands on and instead pay Cemu to do it
>People cynically refuse to pay money to use a software they're doing to get their hands on and instead offer mudlord donations for the cracks

We need to go deeper
>>
>>175228161
Just compile retroarch and get the cores pre-compiled from the buildbot
>>
>>175272946
Mudlord is attention whore with paypal account. He will produce cracks in future to get his 5 minutes of fame. What else he could do?
>>
>>175111053
On OpenGL hardware it works, but it's not DX11 though.
>>
>>175274882
What hell? Denuvo is doing very well and you know it. Chinks are out of the game for over a year now anyway.
>>
>>175275158
guys pls
I want to play my autistic rodent running simulator on my equally autistic linux operating system
>>
>>175277976

Every major version of Denuvo has been cracked. And the intervals are getting shorter each time.
>>
>>175278142

Sometimes I am actually reminded of why I still bother coming to this site. This is one of those times.
>>
>>175278142
Wait for redream getting usable or emulate windows.
>>
>>175279939
Look, there is only one group in the world capable of properly cracking these games and the time it takes depends on the title or whenever they fucked up integrating protection into the game. CPY's RE7 crack still took 5 days since game's release and they never managed to crack a game this fast after that.

Back when the scene was more alive you had multiple groups and multiple protections (Safedisc, Starforce, Securom and Solidshield/Tages) yet games never took more than a week to crack and cases where a game was uncracked for months were rare. I'll let you do the math.
>>
>>175254206
>chink builds

pokeshitters get out
>>
File: Screenshot_20170428_143621.png (418KB, 1330x717px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170428_143621.png
418KB, 1330x717px
>>175280187
what
>>
>>175283085
http://redream.io/
>>
>>175275158
redream is the future. Reicast is officially dead.
>>
Can i emulate
arcade games
>>
>>175283771
>Reicast is officially dead.
Really?
They were doing pretty good stuff actually.
Aside from a few bugs it ran perfectly on my T410 linux shitbox. It was just missing saving, or at the very least savestate support.
>>
>>175284006
No, it's not possible. Sorry
>>
>>175284423
t.MAMEdev

They literally have model 2 emulator source code and they refuse to release it
>>
>>175275597
Is that jealousy I'm sensing?
>>
>>175281202

>Look, there is only one group in the world capable of properly cracking these games and the time it takes depends on the title or whenever they fucked up integrating protection into the game.

That's a big [CITATION NEEDED] right there.
>>
File: pcsx2_software_vs_opengl.webm (3MB, 710x496px) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2_software_vs_opengl.webm
3MB, 710x496px
Okay, I thought pcsx2 was better than that?
Can't emulate MGS3 without major graphical issues. Sad!
>>
>>175289031
pcsx2 is an abomination. Play! will never save us.
>>
>>175288104
Releases speak for themselves. I'm sure there's more people capable of cracking denuvo but they either have better things to do or don't want to share their shit.
>>
>>175289280
You mean hps2x64 will save us
>>
>>175289031
what build
>>
>>175290038
pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2043-g5b4c948-windows-x86
>>
I have an FX 6300 @ 4.7ghz. Will Pokemon Sun on Citra run at least about as well as it does on the o3DS?
>>
>>175291607
Bless your heart.
>>
>>175291607
Why don't you try it out yourself to see if you're able to?
>>
I made an autoconfig for a controller for Retroarch
How do I go about getting it added to the github?
>>
>>175289598
nah Play! can actually play some games. That's quite neat.
A skilled coder such as mudord could easily improve it.
>>
>175281202
>yet games never took more than a week to crack
>he doesn't remember the first few Starforce 2/3 games taking sometimes in excess of a year to crack
>He doesn't remember some of the last Ubisoft online only games taking in excess of two years to get a release
Fuck outta here son.

>>175289031
AMD/IGP shitter plz go
>>
>>175299279
>AMD/IGP shitter plz go
I have an i5 4670K and a GTX 1060 dummy
>>
File: gsdx_20170428234504.jpg (1MB, 2048x1792px) Image search: [Google]
gsdx_20170428234504.jpg
1MB, 2048x1792px
>>175299949
Then you're not good at PCSX2
>>
File: file.png (65KB, 658x440px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
65KB, 658x440px
>>175300907
>>175299949
Nevermind guess I ain't either
Here's setting that will get you a better result than either of those.
IF the lines at teh edge of the screen trigger you too much use GS Window Zoom
>>
>>175299279
People didn't give as much shit back then because you still could play SF games using clones or mini images with daemon tools.
>>
I know that old games (PS1, N64, SNES, etc) don't look accurate on modern LCD's and have input lag, but I was thinking of picking up an OLED Vita for emulation sake. Can a hacked Vita run CRT-Royale on any of it's emulators? Will it help the games look better? Mostly looking to know for SNES and PS1 games.
>>
>>175302676
>People didn't give as much shit back then because you still could play SF games using clones or mini images with daemon tools.
Not really you had to do some pretty shittty workaround for it to work properly and some starforce game had online checks instead of CD checks and those you couldn't bypass that way.
Lastly whatever gave you the impression the scene back then gave a fuck about what regular warez kiddies did?
>>
File: fixed.png (72KB, 684x643px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
72KB, 684x643px
>>175302181
Actually most of the settings don't change anything. But thanks for the tip with the half-pixel offset. When setting it to vertex the issues completely disappear. I currently have pic related configured and it seems all effects from sw mode are working and no graphical issues so far.
>>
File: pcsx2_software_vs_opengl_new.webm (2MB, 688x428px) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2_software_vs_opengl_new.webm
2MB, 688x428px
>>175289031
>>175302181
>>175303950
>>
>>175302827
Vita's screen is 544p, ie 2x resolution. That's not enough for any CRT shader to do anything other than throw in some 1px tall black lines (CRT-Royale really needs 9x resolution (4K) to shine).
>>
>>175305256
Even then it still looks kinda meh.
>>
>>175305256
I thought it was possible to downscale CRT-Royale to 1080p on regular computers?
>>
>>175305734
It is, but there's really no point. CRT-Hylian can look the same as downscaled Royale at 4x.
>>
>>175306032
So can CRT-Hylian work on Vita hypothetically, if the emulator was say a SNES9x port and supported custom shaders?
>>
>>175306164
If the Vita had a 960p+ screen. At 2x it just looks like bilinear.
>>
For consistency sake on a raspberry pi that will only be playing mame games is it better to go with Lakka or Retropie?
>>
>>175306342
Fuck.

Well how well do you know does the Vita emulate 3D PS1 games like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Ape Escape, Wipeout, Dino Crisis, Spyro, Crash, and others? I hear for sprite games it's amazing, but I've not heard anything about 3D titles.
>>
>>175306571
Pretty sure I heard they fixed the PS1 emulator in PSP mode, so it should work just as well as a PSP for PS1 games.
>>
i bought a raspberry pi 3 and it finally came in the mail today. i thought the pre-made retropie images were drag & drop and now im facing a shitload of emulators to configure and optimize separately what have i done
>>
>>175254907
if it isn't actively making people's rigs catch fire or causing them other legal trouble, i doubt nvidia will do anything about it, official acknowledgement or not.

i mean shit, some people still have a hard time believing nvidia sabotages older cards in their drivers. there needs to be more viable competition than fucking amd
>>
>>175308743
what do you mean? Just transfer the roms and then you can start them without configuring anything. Ofc you can, but out of the box everything seems already to be configured properly.
>>
Does Retroarch still handle mame poorly? Last time I looked it just listed the name.zip for each game instead of the actual game name.
>>
How come there isn't a Daphne core for RA? Its source is GPL.

http://www.daphne-emu.com/download/daphne-1.0-src.tar.bz2
>>
>>175311701
im having issues with n64 games (mainly smash and jet force gemini) and some mame roms due to the specific bios'es needed for them
>>
I'm using XEBRA, how the hell do I save? I'm used to SNES emulators and such where I can just load save states with a hotkey.
>>
>>175314682
>XEBRA
>>
>>175314682
>XEBRA
>>
>>175314682
>XEBRA
>>
If the resident Okami autist is still around, think I've found a fix for the bloom and afterimage effect
Just using the HPO hack set on Special(texture) and nothing else seems to be just right, at-least in the beginning area.
>>
>>175314682
Do you mean states? You go File>Save>Simulation Image.

>>175315425
>>175316167
>>175316271
It's better than anything else if you can't run mednafen for whatever reason.
>>
File: r32.png (3KB, 577x47px) Image search: [Google]
r32.png
3KB, 577x47px
What the fuck am I supposed to do with this? I can't open GAEJ01.7z.001, but that probably just has something to do with it being 2 parts since it's supposed to be 700mb and it is 700mb.

It's Doubutsu no Mori e+ (japanese updated version of animal crossing on the gamecube)
>>
>>175327191
>Winrar
Install the latest version of 7zip and try to unpack the first one after you reverted the archive to it's original name if you changed it.
>>
Anyone here work with Reshade? When I use the Curvature toggle in the CRT effect in WoW, the whole thing goes black. Anyone know why that might be?
>>
bump
>>
File: gsdx_20170428174444.png (225KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
gsdx_20170428174444.png
225KB, 512x448px
why are my screenshots saving at this funny aspect ratio? it's squashed horizontally. Or stretched vertically?

>>175336531
Are the PSP ones any good?
>>
>>175336772
Get PPSSPP and you should be fine.

I have run Jeanne D'arc, 3rd Birthday and Ys Seven on my PC from my External HD and they ran perfectly with some tweaking.
>>
>>175336902
No, I meant are the PSP GTA games any good. Ys Seven is so great.
>>
>>175336772
Yes. I like LCS as much as III.
>>
File: file.png (49KB, 1320x770px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
49KB, 1320x770px
>>175336531
>>
>>175281202
There is still no NOCD crack for HardWar, you need to keep the disc in or ISO loaded. Same for Woody the Woodpecker and Spongebob Employee Of the Month. If those games came out today IGG or whoever would have them with proper cracks
>>
Good PPSSPP performance an android when
>>
whats a good game to emulate on my smartphone?
>>
>>175337186
when you buy a phone that isn't garbage
>>
>>175337540
There are no good videogames.
>>
>>175337626
this is probably true. I used wikipedia to find a list of games by console and none really seemed interesting
>>
>>175337709
what kind of games do you like, anon
>>
>>175337837
I like desktop games like Blizzard shit. Playing total war warhammer right now. Also like runescape. But all those games are totally different than mobile/console shit
>>
>>175337895
Hmm. For games that scratch that MMO-like itch, there's... not a whole lot on consoles. I would possibly suggest the Etrian Odyssey series or Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey on the DS, because they're delightful dungeon crawlers, but other than that I'm not sure.
>>
>>175337895
>like blizzard
You are beyond saving, I'm so sorry
>>
>>175215395
WotL was an incredibly shit port. There's a patch to remove slowdown, but unfortunately nothing for the sound issues that >>175216113 described.
IMO, unless you're playing through again to see the new content, stick with the PS1 version. I think there's a patch to implement to WotL translation, if you wish.
>>
>>175336772
>why are my screenshots saving at this funny aspect ratio? it's squashed horizontally. Or stretched vertically?
Because the internal screenshot utility of PCSX2 takes screenshot using the internal resolution aspect ratio instead of the output aspect ratio leading to screenshots being in 1:1, 8:7, 10:7 etc
You can't fix it and only using an external program will get you the output aspect ratio
>>
Anybody here use RetroArch netplay?
>>
>>175338018
not the new shit like overwatch and hearthstone, but you cannot tell me diablo 2 is bad
>>
>>175339773
dungeon travelers on the DS is pretty good, if you're looking for a diablo-like on the can you can't do much better

but yeah, top-down dungeon crawlers are shockingly uncommon on consoles, especially the kind you can emulate on a phone for somereason
>>
Im trying to play BOTW on cemu 1.7.4d and got a screen that says: TAP HERE TO PLAY ON THE WII U GAMEPAD ONLY
i tried to press + on television screen mode and wiiu gamepad screen mode but nothing happens, any help?
>>
>>175340570
Put steam Id in description and maybe im gonna gift you something
>>
I can't find any emulation info for iOS/ iPhone
What are some ways to emulate some vidya in an iPhone 7?
pls respond
>>
File: t3_5qewph.jpg (331KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5qewph.jpg
331KB, 1152x1536px
Daily reminder.
>>
File: Rage of 1000 suns.png (163KB, 423x470px) Image search: [Google]
Rage of 1000 suns.png
163KB, 423x470px
>>175343648
>>
>>175321001
Oh and by the way, whoever here said older versions of PCSX2 didn't have the Z-fighting issue on the SW renderer is a fuckwit.

>>175343648
It was a very early devkit (non final XBOX logo), so the most likely thing to be on the HDD if there even was anything is a proto/beta of Halo and literally who gives a fuck about that shit
>>
>>175337895
Emulate SNES Koei games.
>>
File: Greyed out.png (6KB, 293x175px) Image search: [Google]
Greyed out.png
6KB, 293x175px
Why is this happening with cemuhook on cemu 1.7.4d? It enabled just fine on 1.7.3, now it's all greyed out and I can't activate it. It's the latest version of cemuhook. Doesn't let me turn it on regardless of me running a game or not. Also tried other versions and none of them will let me use them with 1.7.4d.

Tried editing the gamerprofile ini files to automatically trigger it on startup but that isn't working either. I was getting decently playable frames on 1.7.3, what the fuck is wrong with my shit?
>>
>>175313538
>n64 games
N64 emulation is a total mess anyway, it's not really the fault of retropie.
>>
is Tokyo Mirage Sessions playable now with fucking zelda emulator?
>>
File: haha.jpg (138KB, 532x475px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
138KB, 532x475px
I just wanted to put the revealing from pcsx2 with MGS3 into the wiki, but wtf is wrong with that wiki? Do I need to be a tester to write in it? What kind of shitty wiki is that?

>>175300907
>>175303950
>>175304690
>>
File: 1383225413245.jpg (144KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1383225413245.jpg
144KB, 500x377px
Can someone explain no-intro sets to me? The way I understand it, it's just a pure rip of a game without any unnecessary code added by those doing the ripping?
To do this, do I just take any rom/iso I download and run it through the WinMD5 checksum evaluator?
Sorry, I'm retarded.
>>
Anyone use(d) something like LaunchBox to organize your shit? Or do you just use folders and what have you?

Feel like I need to get me collection in order a bit better.
>>
>>175344179
It was stated that the unit was used for developing the xbox dashboard OS.
>>
>>175352893
>It was stated that the unit was used for developing the xbox dashboard OS.
Neat I guess, but that doesn't seem to be the holy grail everyone is claiming it is.
>>
>>175350815
>it's just a pure rip of a game

Yes.

>To do this, do I just take any rom/iso I download and run it through the WinMD5 checksum evaluator?

MD5 is in layman terms just a fingerprint. If file A and file B have the same MD5 hash they're the same file, if they don't then they're different. Calculating the MD5 hash doesn't actually change the file's data in any way shape or form.
>>
>>175352273
I use Steam
>>
>>175359248
Steam is a meme
>>
>>175352893
Wasn't the source code to that leaked? Who cares.
>>
god fuck whoever came up with libretro-super
>needs bash
what the fuck is this? might as well just compile everything yourself
>>
>>175337558
Its not my fault the American S7 Edge is shit
>>
>>175368853
>tfw don't know which version to run the script in.
>>
>>175352273
>needs email to download
FUCK OFF
>>
>>175369732
It sends the download link to it too so you can't spoof it.

Have fun moot I guess.
>>
>>175368853
Every GNU/Linux distro comes with bash by default (unless you did LFS by yourself without the manual).
Even if you use another shell, you will still have bash installed and I seriously doubt that you went out of your way to actually uninstall it.
>>
>>175373708
i don't use gnu/linux though

this kind of thinking is what's harmful for free software
>>
does bilinear filtering always suck or is it worth using on 3d games?
>>
>>175369732
>what is mailinator
>>
So, is there a problem with mgba or is the Wario Land 4 soundtrack supposed to sound like the game's been possessed by a poltergeist at parts?
>>
>>175373781
Why are you even looking at libretro-super if you aren't using a GNU/Linux system then?
It's to ease the process of compiling Retroarch on custom systems.
Just download from the buildbot if you're on Microsoft Windows.

>this kind of thinking is what's harmful for free software
How so? A software (or in this case, a script) being available on just one platform has nothing to do with the license or free software in general.
>>
>>175374950
i use openbsd

not conforming to standards is harmful
>>
File: AAAA.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AAAA.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>175303950
All is not well in Dremuchij.

On the bright side, everything in The Virtuous Mission segment is perfect.
>>
>>175380234
i tested this game 2 days ago and it worked fine
>>
>>175380234
Disregard this, Blending Unit Accuracy got turned off between segments somehow.
>>
>>175250672
http://mudlord.info/blog/2017/04/29/cemuhack-statement/

:(
>>
>>175386329
>No, I wasn’t paid off.

That makes me think he was paid off.

And the Cemu devs could certainly afford it.
The worst part is that, since Mudlord hates himself, he probably asked to be paid less than the initial offer out of morality.
>>
So crt-geom ain't working with VBA-M on my end. Shit's giving me a black screen. Any clues?
>>
File: 61O8NZuAdsL._SL1001_.jpg (65KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
61O8NZuAdsL._SL1001_.jpg
65KB, 1001x1001px
How do I get the turbo function on pic related to work in retroarch? Normal way isn't working and it's not an actual key so I can't bind it to turbo.
>>
Ever refused to use an emulator because of ideological reasons?
>>
>>175388029

i prioritize closed source emulators for ideological reasons.
>>
>>175388029
I don't use or support closed source emulators.
>>
>>175386329
mudlord is using drugs again. I can tell from the way he's posting.

He needs an intervention.
>>
>>175388029
I suck cock for a living.
>>
>>175388375
are you any good at it?
>>
>>175388509
ask SP
>>
>>175380234
Which settings and build are you using? I had these kind of problems only when not using opengl
>>
>>175389205
Same settings in the pic I replied to.
Latest automated build.

I replied to my post with the reason the graphics got fucked again, as for what disabled the setting I have no idea.
>>
anyone know how to totally remove epsxe? it was working fine for years, got messed up somehow, and now even fresh installs won't make it work
>>
>>175391380
in your registry:
hkcu>software>epsxe
hkcu>vision thing>
>>
>>175392438
vision thing?
>>
File: 1345891784347.png (4KB, 205x223px) Image search: [Google]
1345891784347.png
4KB, 205x223px
>>174910784
>xbox emulation is finally at the point where it finally has non-garbage output
https://github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded/pull/406
>>
>>175388029
Not refused but closed source emulators are def less used by me. Most thing I like about emulators is fiddling around with them, and self-debugging is part of that.
>>
Does anyone know the reason why the buildbot ain't shitting out proper Retroarch_cg packages for macOS?

It's not too much of a chore to build it, but it'd be nice if the bot worked.
>>
I got Citra working on my old laptop, but that shit was a hassle. Anyone got a working package?

Do I really need the system files from my own 3DS? Won't any work?
>>
>>175400135
It can be from any 3DS, but good luck finding them online
>>
>>175397372
What does this change?
>>
File: 1463032207980.gif (598KB, 450x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463032207980.gif
598KB, 450x266px
>>175401459
Anon, there's pictures of what it changes in the link.
>>
>>175401829
I don't see the difference.
>>
>>175402949
Do you have a drivers license?
>>
>>175403013
No, why do you ask?
>>
>>175403262
Just wondering.
Anyways, the difference is games used to just draw seemingly random vertexes all over and now the emulator shows games in a much less glitchy way. I'm curious to see what JSRF looks like after this fix.
>>
>>175403262
Oh wait, I see it now.
>>
>>175397372
This emulator is unportable and not future-proof because it relies on x86 cpus. It's essentially the same as being closed source.
>>
>>175405430
>This emulator is unportable and not future-proof because it relies on x86 cpus.
That's also true of like 90% of emulators that have a recompiler.
>>
>>175405984
But they usually also have interpreters, so they are still portable.
>>
>>175405430
>not future-proof

Yeah because x86 is dying any day now.
>>
>>175406291
1fps on an i7 7700k is not portable.
>inb4 you try to tell me that xqemu actually runs at 3fps so I'm wrong
>>
>>175406362
Are you retarded, or are you acting?
>>
>>175406434
Why do you even come here if you hate emulator development?
>>
>>175406326
>https://github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded/pull/406

Windws only too.

Non-portable confirmed.
>>
File: IMG_0381.jpg (42KB, 304x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0381.jpg
42KB, 304x431px
>tfw the 3DS hacking scene will die before someone makes a capable PS1, PSP or N64 emulator
>>
>>175406757
It's not powerful enough for that.
>>
>>175406741
>>175405430
x86 is here to stay until ARM unshits itself or something better than either comes up anyways and the former is very unlikely considering ARM chips still can't outperform 2007 x86 CPUs in most tasks and the latter isn't much more likely with intel lording over x86.
Linuxfags can just use a VM.
>>
>>175399692
No idea, and judging by this thread no one cares except end users: https://forums.libretro.com/t/retroarch-cg-appears-to-be-broken/9705
>>
>>175203920
Bleeding Edge Citra builds are the best right now
>>
>>175407807
>ARM

Made for mobile with priority on energy consumption over raw performance. No company with that angle will ever be able to break into the desktop space. In fact, short of a new miraculous architecture with impossibly high performace per clock nothing will ever displace x86 from the desktop because of the immense amount of legacy and not-so-legacy software that would be lost in the transition.
>>
Fucking retroarch devs. Recently I noticed all the core options disappeard in newer versions of mupen. Then i just saw this on the forums:

>There was a name shuffle a couple of months ago whereby the old GLupen64 core was renamed to mupen64plus and the old mupen64plus was renamed to ParaLLEl.

For what fucking purpose do they keep doing shit like this for? There's no reason except to confuse everyone.
>>175143104
>Android
>>175145390
Pretty much
>>175182502
Not for ps1 games.
>>175204350
Bsnes mercury balanced/Snes9x and Mednafen/beetle respectively.
>>175275158
Yeah it's dead.
>>175283771
>redream is the future
That's what everyone said about reicast.
>>175337540
>smartphone
Don't bother
>>175387604
Delete your config files and try again. Also don't use VBA use mgba.
>>
>>175291607
i have a phenom II 960T and pokemon games can be quite slow, especially SuMo, I'm running it stock

ORAS runs better
>>
>>175408397
> will ever displace x86 from the desktop because of the immense amount of legacy and not-so-legacy software that would be lost in the transition.
Yeah anything replacing it would need compatibility with x86, and nopt shitty x86 on ARM style compatibility either.

>>175408424
>That's what everyone said about reicast.
And then the "muh $100k" thing happened, and that faggot stopped development more or less.
>>
>>175408424
People were complaining about ParaLLEl being "non-upstream-friendly" and that it should be renamed. So that's what happened, and the "upstream-friendly" Glupen64 became Mupen64plus.
>>
File: King of Crab.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
King of Crab.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
Why does RetroArch not show the game name of mame games instead of name.zip?
>>
>>175410121
if you want to fix that there is a nine thousand dollar bounty for it.
>>
>>175409987
>those garbage graphics on the right
They trigger me so fucking hard GS window setting > Zoom
>>
>>175410912
>right
*left
>>
>>175407257
It can run FF7 at a solid 40fps, a competent programmer could fix the bottlenecks
>>
File: Untitled.png (128KB, 796x511px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
128KB, 796x511px
Working on porting that ancient emulated motion plus fork to the latest Dolphin. Getting there.

Will be nice to have all the improvements from the four years since the last build of that fork.
>>
need a new thread
>>
The DeSMumE page on the wiki talks a lot about "creative differences." What happened there?
>>
>>175411487
Good stuff anon, blowing the fuck out of the Dolphin janitards.

>>175416165
The gist of it is that Zeromus is a cunt with a pretty big NIH syndrome.
>>
>>175416165
zeromus doesn't respect creative or innovative thought because he's a piece of shit.
>>
>>175416113
>>175416358

taken care of
>>
>>175416165
people are upset that zeromus didn't want buggy code interacting with official Nintendo servers.
>>
>>175410695
I'd have that shit fixed in about 10 minutes for 9k. Not like its rocket surgery to replace a name of a file onscreen.
Thread posts: 756
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.