[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rlg/ - Roguelike General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 792
Thread images: 133

File: lizard of supreme balance.png (65KB, 410x506px) Image search: [Google]
lizard of supreme balance.png
65KB, 410x506px
>Competition
Comp #204 is a leprechaun monster in PosChengBand. Your power scales with the size of your wallet, so set off on a quest to pilfer 10 million gold! (and also kill a serpent or something i guess)
http://angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: http://pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: http://pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
http://pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Infra Arcana on Windows:
https://pastebin.com/S761eT4B

Previous thread >>174538303
>>
>
>>
how do you pronounce "MuMo"?

moo-moh?
muh-moh?
mummy monk?
>>
>>174744710
moo moe
>>
>>174744710
Momia Monje
>>
>>174739318
1. Lack of ID minigame

2. Ease of escape from every encounter
2b. No forced high risk encounters
--- You can literally just walk away from literally every literal summoner or hero or OoD monster/group with no penalty. The only exception is getting ambushed around a corner and killed from focus fire in a single turn.

3. Low headroom consumable-only inventory and six inventory slots for non-consumables i.e. demons;
--- The consumables for the most part are boring and uninteresting (heal/attack, buff/debuff), and the ones that are interesting are OP or rare as fuck (the card consumables, mapping).

4. Lack of a sense of progression beyond ability gain;
--- You can beat the game without recruiting higher tier demons and don't really suffer that much for it, so no sense of progression in terms of swapping out new "equipment". And sure, your improved party stats as you guys level up will help you kill lower level shit more easily but you hardly notice it because after a certain point you don't encounter raichos or whatever the fuck anymore.
--- Actually now that I mention it, larger mobs of lower level demons later in the tower could spice things up a bit, and give a bit of a refresher from the standard 4v4 encounters 100% of the time. Multi-encounters used to capture this a bit, although you're generally the same level as the multi-group

>>
>>174744852
I missed the new thread, also
>>174744357
>tonberry OP
fucking rad I love these adorable lizards
>>
>>>174744748
this is how the phehreh used to say it and thus the truth
>>
5. Boring as FUCK level generation
--- There's no interesting structures (static vaults nor procedurally generated patterns or layouts), all terrain is the same (no water, chasm, door, plant, etc.), no traps (controversial), no way to modify or interact with the environment, and of course, the graphics are bland as shit too, and graphics are important in a tiles-only game. The most tactical use of terrain you'll experience in Demon is moving to a two tile wide corridor for the Actaeon link. I shit you not. There's a few very rare edge cases where you get a small pillar generated with which you can abuse enemy AI or play around with LoS, but that's it. The terrain in the glitch sanctum captures a bit of this, but the glitch demons themselves are annoying and tedious as all shit so I don't even bother.

6. "Rewards" from taking on a risky encounter don't elicit much excitement
--- Demon drops from killing a summoner just don't turn me on, because generally if I killed the summoner, I don't need to modify my party by taking on his (weaker) demons, so I end up just killing them off in the end. Experience and leveling up doesn't turn me on much either. Oh boy 5 stats and a couple hit points. Wow. That really changed how I'm playing the game.
--- Currency rewards from any source are p. boring too. Wow the number on my HUD went up. Cool. It doesn't really do much after you've already established your party, except maybe saving you from a death spiral if you lost a couple dudes late in the tower.
--- Corpse rewards are yawn. C number on the HUD goes up. Get your 21st unused heal stone. Yay. It would be better if consumables weren't the low headroom dogshit they are now. Maybe make the corpse encounter itself much much more likely instead of the no-risk/free skimming you get from most corpses. But again, if you do that, you'd have to not make the loot so boring.
>>
/mu/ /m/o/
>>
>>174745383
So an Autobot with a bitchin' sound system?
>>
>>174744859
So basically you want weird consumables that you have to ID, 'beefiness checks' like spawning in a level that's a deadend with no exit and is occupied by super tough monsters, more types of enemy encounters besides the balanced 5v4, and better risk-reward things

I don't think any of your ideas are bad(except the ID game, I'm over that), but I do think you gotta realize that a lot of your ideas actually are already on the distant future to-do list
>>
>>174744859
I didn't play Demon, but in every roguelike I played ID minigame is always exciting only for beginners and a chore or a non-issue for experienced players. If you manage to make it interesting, go ahead, but all the examples I've seen so far were "use one unit of a resource or roll a dice", which are sometimes circumvented by game knowledge (e.g. watery potions are potions of water in ADOM) - see "non-issue for experienced players" - so I don't trust any developers to make an interesting ID minigame anymore.
>>
File: i am the spiral power.jpg (32KB, 444x408px) Image search: [Google]
i am the spiral power.jpg
32KB, 444x408px
What will be the next thing to get cut from DCSS? My bet: controlled blinking.
>>
File: ancient foul rod of recall.png (12KB, 407x244px) Image search: [Google]
ancient foul rod of recall.png
12KB, 407x244px
neat
>>
File: wut.png (16KB, 649x331px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
16KB, 649x331px
S H A D Y
T
O
R
E
S

>>174750201
Hey, anything to get back to town, right?
>>
>>174752197
Smells like PDSM.
>>
File: rlg roller.png (215KB, 1184x896px) Image search: [Google]
rlg roller.png
215KB, 1184x896px
Ganbatte, you bitch ass niggas.
>>
File: 1471688679619.png (17KB, 500x205px) Image search: [Google]
1471688679619.png
17KB, 500x205px
afc ring #2
thanks Nar
>>
>>174752197
>>174753040
>random tele in PCB
NOPE
>>
>>174753120
>shiren and chocobo's dungeon 2
>no torneko
>no azure dreams
shit taste desu

you might as well add pokemon mystery dungeon ffs
>>
>10 runes
>pan done
>abyss done
>still no Tornado
>still no Necronomicon
Literally sleep inducing, I want my bloat
>>
>>174754618
You can cancel random teleports if the item's not cursed, and randtele lets you follow monster teleports.
>>
File: 1466460131070.png (39KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1466460131070.png
39KB, 321x322px
>leprechauns can use manabrand
>they pay $$$ for each blow instead of mana
>>
>>174754868
what
>>
>>174752197
it's...beautiful
>>
In cata, how do I install funnels onto a vehicle to collect rain water? A firetruck to be specific, made my base near one and its almost out of water
Also is rain water considered 'dirty'?
>>
>>174754618
>>174755056
RandomTele is a good item property in PCB.
>>
>>174755032
How much does hitting a dude cost?
>>
File: Screenshot_50.png (94KB, 1582x759px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_50.png
94KB, 1582x759px
is there a way I can raise the Ninja weight limit or calculate it? is it just flat?
>>
>>174755056
if you are wearing a randtele item you will occasionally get prompts with "teleport? (y/n)"
it only FORCES you to teleport if the item that gives randtele is cursed
you can inscribe a noncursed randtele item with {.} to get rid of the prompts entirely, effectively automatically answering 'n' to all of them
furthermore, if you have randtele and a monster teleports away from you (e.g. a unique running away at low health), you are given the option to "Follow its teleport? (y/n)"
>>
>>174755119
Install it on the same tile as a tank. You probably need a screwdriver or something, too.

>Also is rain water considered 'dirty'?
Sort of. It's handled poorly, so (for non-vehicle funnels, at least, vehicle mounted might be different), the first time rain is added it rolls to be dirty. If it is, it will always make you sick until you empty the container. If it isn't, it never will, assuming you never drink the last charge of water.
>>
>>174755489
the limit on equipment weight? that increases with level
>>
>>174753120
Mu Mo B There -- up and over!
>>
>>174755376
it costs 10 gold for every point of sp it would normally cost

so 10 * (1 + dd*ds/7) where dd and ds are the weapon's damage dice/sides
>>
>>174755489
It's in xtra1. Comes out to 10 lbs + 0.4 per level.
>>
>>174755489
It's solely a function of your experience level. 100 + level * 4 tenth-pounds maximum.
>>
>>174755613
so it's basically a mystery

that's nice
>>
>>174755830
>>174755840
oh ok so it's 30 max

that's ok

ninja have class restricted weapon types when dual wielding right? it's not just a function of skill? I seem to remember that from my old android ninja
>>
>>174756048
You have restricted weapons in general, ninjas end up dual wielding because they can't do anything else with the second hand and have good skill in it.
>>
File: Screenshot_51.png (11KB, 812x76px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_51.png
11KB, 812x76px
wait what
>>
>>174756694
Ah that's right

they can't really use anything bigger than a sickle or tanto

still, once you get used to the game they're a really powerful class, it seems almost unfair
>>
>>174756797
that guy was added by the japansese maintainers of zangband/hengband i think
the first two dudes in the telmora arena are also references to japanese politicians from the 90s i think
>>
>>174754832
Listen up, you loose slut, we only had 90 slots, and executive decisions had to be made.
>>
>>174757346
it was a bad decision
>>
File: NAGA OP.png (582KB, 1829x1461px) Image search: [Google]
NAGA OP.png
582KB, 1829x1461px
>15 runes
Too bad it was literally the most boring extended possible. No Tornado and Necromutation, no wand of healing, mutated to extreme with heavy berserktitis and less than human HP through all of hell & pan, 2 pips of MR, 1 pip of rF, couldn't even zigg scum
Still literally tab tier thanks to Mak and naga
Nagas are OP
>>
>>174760623
remove divine healing
>>
>>174760914
But then I would actually have to... THINK!
Don't worry anon, the way things are going I'm sure we'll all live to see the game reduced to literally MuMo
>>
Serpent v. doppelganger imitator tomorrow, fellas. And no screw-ups this time!
>>
>>174760623
How did you get that broadaxe? Did you worship TSO at some point?
>>
>>174761910
?? holy wrath is just a brand you can find man

fucking orc priests will spawn with falchions of holy wrath on D:3
>>
File: felid life.png (114KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
felid life.png
114KB, 500x600px
>>174761910
No. I always go Gozag > Mak
The axe was just random
I also always use axes unless Octopode/Troll/Felid
and it's always easy and fast as fuck despite people moaning about muh riposte muh positioning
>>
>>174762087
I think his point was that a broad axe of holy wrath is pretty rare to find, since broad axes in general are not a common item.
>>
>>174762087
>>174762330
This. For some reason i always come across many M&F of holy wrath, but rarely other kind of weapons. Great maces in particular come to mind.
>>
>>174762254
Do you simultaneously skill shields and axe since the beginning, or take off the shield while till you hit mindelay?
>>
>>174762746
I always use medium shields from the beginning(usually start as figher if melee) and I sincerely feel it helps a lot unlike others that say it's best to use a buckler or even not use shields at all in the beginning of the game.
Not having at least medium shield on naga is a fucking crime since they have a shield boosts
I usually train my weapon skill to about 10, then Fighting to something like ~8, armor, dodging and shield to ~6-8, resume weapon to mindelay, kinda depends on the race proficiencies
And as I love axes I can say even your starter war axe can easily carry you through 3 runes provided you dump enchant weapon and brand weapon scroll on it
Later I trade for a broad axe but keep the shield, not a fan of losing the shield as I enjoy getting surrounded and tabbing for faster play
>>
>>174763127
The kinds of combos that would realistically use a shield are strong enough you shouldn't have any trouble getting to lair either way.

I almost never die before lair with a Mi* and shields just end up a waste of points cause I'm gonna switch to an exec anyway.
>>
>>174763934
Is there any guarantee to find a exec? The times i do find myself finding a exec, a nice bardiche or triple sword i spend way too much exp on it and have crappy defenses for most of the early and mid game. I'd rather have a fast one handed weapon that required a fraction of the experience.
>>
Im gonna follow COBRA's example and run an axe wielding-shield using naga. Oh boy.
>>
>>174764276
It's less "bardiche vs dtrident" and exec axe vs broad, and more glaive vs trident and great sword versus scimitar.
>>
File: naga2.png (61KB, 1701x393px) Image search: [Google]
naga2.png
61KB, 1701x393px
>>174764649
I keep saying it's very easy if you go Gozag>Mak
despite D:3>5 rng fuckery that's the bane of most characters anyways like multiple orc priests/polearm gnoll packs/ogres, but you do have +20% HP and frankly starting from D7~ or so it's pretty tab tier
Also nagas need only 9 shields for medium and 15 for large
>>
>>174765438
When do you switch to Mak?
>>
>>174765527
Extended.
>>
>>174765527
Usually after the shops start costing ~2200+ gold as it takes fucking forever to get enough gold at that point, even doing Depths and Vaults doesn't seem to increase the gold per enemy at all
Save Crypt and Elf (Besides V:5 and the E:3 chamber) while under Gozag's wrath because he will berserk and haste enemies on sight, and berserked enemies are dangerous as fuck, thankfully nothing in those two branches besides Elf Blademasters that only appear sometimes at the Weapon Hall, and even then it's only one that can't Sinvis, or the boss room, is actually dangerous. Well, just be wary of hasted Cursed Skulls on Crypt but they die pretty fast
>>
>>174765438
Ash is a million times better than every other god all the way until you hit extended

Gozag can suck a dick
>>
>>174766182
>the boss room
you mean the one that's completely trivialized by mephitic cloud
>>
File: gozag D7.png (46KB, 1601x560px) Image search: [Google]
gozag D7.png
46KB, 1601x560px
>>174766241
fuck Ash
Gozag will often drown you in op as fuck gear, early too, sometimes gear that complete trivializes a 3 rune and even extended before fucking D10
And the jew daze passive is also powerful as fuck, plus the first and free pot petition is a nice panic button early game

>>174766364
Eh I just don't usually bother with spellcasting besides buffs and Tornado
Immolation also trivializes it but I'd rather not have a million hasted elves that soon, considering I often do Elf1-3 besides the chamber right after switching to Mak when the piety is low and hp on kills isn't that great still
Usually takes me to ***
Also don't even fucking try to do Desolation of Salt that sometimes spawn in Elf/Vaults under Gozag's wrath unless you are sure of your character and know what to do
>>
File: Screenshot_52.png (134KB, 1582x954px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_52.png
134KB, 1582x954px
>tfw bullies come looking for you but you stay hidden cause you're a ninja
>>
>>174767040

This is poschangband right?
>>
>>174766665
holy shit I don't usually say this but what a double plus badplayer

jesus even garg autist was better than you, he didn't just reuse the same cherry picked screenshots over and over in every thread

it's also totally obvious that you play the game like a slot machine, maybe brogue would be closer to your needs
>>
>>174767040
jesus that font is ugly
change it to something else for the sake of arelgee's eyes
like dejavu mono or consolas or something
>>
>>174767139
yeah, that band of orcs actually isn't too bad, but my gear is pretty sad and one of my weapons is unskilled (small sword, training for sting later on)
>>
>>174764276
is there any guarantee to find tornado or necromut you fucking COBRA
>>
File: Screenshot_53.png (117KB, 1513x793px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_53.png
117KB, 1513x793px
>>174767393
sorry anon is this better
>>
>>174767431

Isn't that the outpost? Why did a gang of orcs come into it, to track you down? Never played this before but it looks more fun than DCSS desu.
>>
>>174767802

Jesus Christ man who even made this font?
>>
>>174767876
Monsters can spawn anywhere on the surface really.

The area around the outpost is pretty low-level so normally the worst you see is a lone novice mage or something, but orcs always appear in packs.
Oh yeah and if the rng really really hates you you'll get eaten by a +10 speed tiger before you can enter the first dungeon. But that almost never happens.
>>
File: dagon1.png (333KB, 1827x988px) Image search: [Google]
dagon1.png
333KB, 1827x988px
>>174767304
Anon, it's not my fault the game is easy as fuck with axes and cleave
And Gozag
And Mak
And TSO
And Trog
to name a few
I just prefer Gozag and Mak
I've pretty much made sucessful axe fighters of HO, Mi, Mf, Op, Ds, Gargs, centaurs, formicids. Troll was unarmed though, same, and 2 'podes had short blades instead of axes.
>>174767304
>holy shit I don't usually say this but what a double plus badplayer
What exactly is bad about winning?
It's like you are one of those guys that complains about too much tabbing and axes

>>174767517
No, which is why I had to win without them and it was pretty boring.
However, finding at least Tornado is often pretty easy considering it's in 2 non randart books, and Book of the Sky isnt that rare
Ziggs often guarantee you'll find Necromutation though, and Tornado + Mak is enough to clear them with absolute ease

>jesus even garg autist was better than you, he didn't just reuse the same cherry picked screenshots over and over in every thread
Sheesh anon, do you want me to keep posting new pictures every single thread incarnation
>>
>>174767517
Thats something you would see on extended possibly. Meanwhile you CAN'T go forward unless you have a reasonably good weapon, its essential.
>>
>>174768056
err to clarify: monsters don't spawn IN the town
but they can spawn in the area just outside of town and chase you into it
>>
>>174768069
Every character has that weapon. It's usually called Fist.
>>
How long until the Crawl main game becomes HuFi linesprint
>>
File: the grief, it is good.jpg (33KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
the grief, it is good.jpg
33KB, 500x333px
>>174768461
six months ago
>>
>>174768184
I feel like wilderness spawns got cranked up a lot a while back.
>>
>>174767802
do comic sans
even better, do cc wild words
>>
>you will never play /mu/m/o/ again
feels really bad, man
>>
>>174768057
>he thinks i'm the same person calling him a badplayer
COBRA pls
you have more friends than you know
>>
>>174769310
But why is winning bad, anon
The game is well known to to be simple enough that tabbing is what you spend most time doing
>>
>>174769464
>winning
post webtiles wins
>>
>>174769530
I don't get it, anon.
Why is webtiles so important?
I mean, why wouldn't you be able to control yourself in a single player game?]
It feels like it's mostly a e-penis kind of thing
I also still don't get why Gozag is supposed to be "bad" at tall.
As for axes I honestly don't thik they are superior to other weapons, however they allow for way faster gameplay/runs since it's literally tab and that's it. Not to mention the synergy with Mak.
And it's the same for Gozag and Mak, I don't believe they are superior to everything else welll Mak fucking is[/spoiler/] but I find the gear gains from Gozag to be often outstanding, especially when floorgod is usually a harsh mistress
>>
>>174769853
play webtiles so we can judge your statistics objectively and also so you can't savescum constantly
>>
>>174769853
>I mean, why wouldn't you be able to control yourself in a single player game?]
i don't know, why wouldn't you? ;^)

gozag is good and so are axes to an extent. originally i was just shitposting at you because you had this mental fixation on starting as a fighter for the shield no matter what which is retarded, but then i discovered you play with the mouse and offline at that. at that moment i swore i will never let go until you change your erring ways
>>
im 90% sure that the "all offline wins are savescummed" thing started off as a dumb meme
but of course autists take everything literally, and as expected rlg has no shortage of autists
>>
>>174770296
to be fair I only called him a badplayer because it really looked like his playstyle was scummy and because gozag is legitimately kind of bad otherwise, compared to say, Ash, Vehu, Trog, Mahk, Oka, Dith, or Zin.

If he was a Chei player I would at least respect his ideals.
>>
>>174770259
Sort of silly to do this online elitism objectivity thingeroo, but suggest webtiles instead of terminal ssh. I'm fine with online and off, tiles and ASCII, but online webtiles is of a lower "nerd faggot rank" than online terminal.
>>
>>174770403
if offline players talk about having fun then I don't bother them nor does it bother me, but if an offline player starts talking about wins or viability or their optimal strategies, I immediately respond with the webtiles rhetoric, because really that ends the argument immediately. if they refuse to prove themselves then I refuse to take them seriously.
>>
>>174770715
your subjectivity really has no value to anyone
>>
>>174770403
you'll be surprised with how easily people rationalize savescumming
>>
>>174770817
but muh kierkegaard
>>
>>174770817
What subjectivity? Merely talking about posers. If you did want to try for objectivity, you'd ask for statistics instead of a webtiles session to criticize—and ideally, you'd be well-aware of the difficulties involved in deriving useful information from bidgeam stats.
>>
>>174770952
the fact that objectivity is inaccessible to humanity still doesn't mean strangers care about your feelings before you prove your value to them
>>
>>174771059
>playing webtiles is posing
>savescumming offline is the superior egoless way
lmao@u
i asked for webtiles because that's what the majority uses, i'm fine criticizing any sort of statistic
>>
>>174771059
You're trying to beat me at my own game by being even more of a snob without realizing that I wasn't being a snob in the first place you shitter. Analyzing the set of possible motivations for what you say reveals more about your character than the way you portray your argument.
>>
People who advocate for slow races like Naga and also advocate for Gozag are the most obvious scummers possible, either that or theyre really into playing D1-10 because slot machine.
>>
>>174770865
If it gives you any peace of mind I have never savescummed and I almost always play offline. I got gud after playing on webtiles though, the high ping forced me to think every time I pressed a button.
I recommended the game to two friends once, one of them wasn't very interested and the other told me a few days later that he played it but it was too difficult so he cheated by making backups of his saves. I kind of see where you are coming from.
>>
>>174770865
I savescum in Elona. I think I might've savescummed a couple times in DCSS but meh

>>174771059
>bidgeam stats
did you have a stroke anon

>>174771117
>caring about anyone but yourself
you a woman or a queer?
>>
>>174771414
>>caring about anyone but yourself
are you psycho anon from last thread
>>
>>174771414
>savescum in elona
it doesn't have permadeath, why bother?
>>
>>174771520
because you can lost some stats/gold/items upon death. If you lose a precious artifact vital to your build, it might take you literally 30 hours to get it back through the Little Sister quest.
>>
>>174771414
>you a woman or a queer?
actually, I'm not a cuck or a coward so I have the freedom to enrich my life by cherishing my relationships with others

perhaps if I was afraid to fight for what's important to me I'd disbelieve in my own power to lead and protect, but I don't really know how to be that kind of selfish

it would nauseate me with shame to be around myself if I were like you
>>
>>174771506
Don't compare me to him, I kill because I love

and you should too
>>
>>174771520
Yea what >>174771720 said.

>>174771753
Kill yourself you offtopic queer
>>
>>174771830
>>caring about anyone but yourself
>I kill because I love
i do not comprehend
>>
>>174771414
>>174771753
Or you can choose to not be an edgy misanthrope nor a self-righteous faggot and just enjoy people while they are there and do your own thing while they aren't, shit.
>>
>>174771969
Are you telling me you're happy and satisfied with the state of the world and the structure of our society or do you just roll over and accept it like a poz load up your ass?
>>
>>174772215
>happy and satisfied with the state of the world and the structure of our society
What the fuck man, I thought we were just talking about interpersonal relationships.
>>
General life philosophy isn't roguelikes, anons. It's not even rougelikes.
>>
>>174772346
Either you take responsibility for the safety and well-being of yourself and those around you or you don't. Are you an adult or are you a child? Do you think the world just happens without any influence from the people in it? Are you just gonna do whatever without thinking about the consequences? Are you some sort of pre-colonial Native American? We don't live in such a luxurious world that you can act like you have no influence and responsibility or no stake in the game that's being played with your life and everyone and everything you've ever cared about.
>>
muh individualism
Nobody matters but me! also brown children!
>>
>>174750147
MuMo
>>
>>174753120
I don't know what to play, give me something good, RNGesus
>>
We need a new challenge.

Lord of the dong, we know you still live. Please forge another fun conduct run in the game of your choice so we can be free again from the posting of the shit.
Thanks and pharaoh bless
>>
>>174773412
randomness is an illusion
your god is false
>>
I miss MD
>>
File: player.png (475KB, 1024x968px) Image search: [Google]
player.png
475KB, 1024x968px
>>174773942
I miss the old tiles. They were so distinct and colorful.
>>
>>174772734
he says while shitposting in a tainwanese archeology simulator forum
>>
>>174773418
IVAN, except the only weapon you can use is your own limbs.

Nightmare Version: You can only eat your own limbs.
>>
>>174774302
note the existence of male dolls with no bra
>>
File: glorydays.jpg (189KB, 987x680px) Image search: [Google]
glorydays.jpg
189KB, 987x680px
>>174774302
>when they changed the potion sub-icons from crystal-clear to muddy and shadowed
still mad

>when they changed scores of perfectly good tiles for no reason at all
yep, still mad

>when the look of the dungeon slowly went from "project overflowing with love" to "gritty realistic metagame simulator"
I will never not be mad
>>
>>174774319
Maybe you guys are the ones I care about and want to help sometimes. These words might make some of you stronger. They at least might make you think about something important to you.
>>
>>174774302
hmm what version is this?
most of them look old but there are a couple that look kinda new like lernean hydra, red dragon, wyvern, titan
I haven't played nu-tiles in a while though so I don't know
+1 for naked dracs tho
>>
>>174774913
wew laddie, with rationalizations of this magnitude maybe it's not us you should be worrying about
>>
>>174774990
>My life being important? Preposterous!
>>
>>174775105
;)
>>
>>174774381

Are there not male characters anymore?
>>
>>174775394
ayy...
>>
File: Ive seen some shit.png (904KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ive seen some shit.png
904KB, 1000x1000px
>>174774302
First thing that caught my eye
>>
File: Screenshot_54.png (41KB, 568x519px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_54.png
41KB, 568x519px
HMMM
>>
>>174775909
>unseen horror
>seen
>>
File: Screenshot_55.png (93KB, 812x539px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_55.png
93KB, 812x539px
:3
>>
File: dingdong.png (126KB, 1140x974px) Image search: [Google]
dingdong.png
126KB, 1140x974px
So, what should I do next? Playing without wilderness, farming D 37 currently, dont really want to go D 38 cause I am pretty sure I will get one of came a lot knights as level boss and will have to abandon but farm at D 37 is soo fucking slow, even mature dragons seems to be rare as fuck.
>>
>>174776648
If you don't need to reforge later on, you can skip the quest, just a few excellent items.
>>
File: dirty elf.png (127KB, 1140x974px) Image search: [Google]
dirty elf.png
127KB, 1140x974px
Is this elf any dangerous? I dont have much resistances beyond basic elements and only 180 hp.
>>
>>174777574
You really should have easy_lore or whatever setting on next time, *bands aren't very kind without it due to their nature.
>>
>>174777574
turn on easy_lore
and yes he is
>I dont have much resistances beyond basic elements and only 180 hp.
RUN RUN RUN RUN THE FUCK AWAY NOW YOU FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>174776250
But he has seen some stuff man..
>>
File: It breathes an abstract concept.jpg (153KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
It breathes an abstract concept.jpg
153KB, 495x495px
>>174777574
>Level 30 demigod
>180 HP
See, this is why sorcerers suck so much ass in *it breathes* the game. I mean seriously even an ancient red dragon will kill you with a single breath and that's through 3 pips of elemental resistances. You will die the moment someone throws a water ball at you or breathes gravity or confusion or disintegration
Having less than 500 HP at level 50 in a game where doubleturns are the norm is like going around naked wearing a "please rape and stone me" sign in a muslim country
>>
I'm knew to DCSS and played a round of 0.18 for fun.

What exactly was their reason to remove pakellas, he seems like a fun and unique god for me. I even consider playing some more of 0.18 to have some runs with him.

Are there any major fuckups in version 18 that prevent me from doing this or will I not be able to spot a difference?
>>
>>174777953
Can't they do like close to 800+ damage in a turn
>>
>>174777954
headroom is inversely proportional to version number, you've done well to notice this universal truth
>>
>>174778098
>Can't they do like close to 800+ damage in a turn
Depends, their breath does 900 damage but if you have 3 (three) pips of the basic elements it only does 28% of 900. which is around 300 damage. And that's just a boring ol' regular great wyrm, a level 50 enemy. PCB has worse than that.
>>
>>174777953
Do sorcs get anywhere near sane hp in demonlord form?
>>
>>174778405
You can cast that and wraithform, just like a rune knight.
But
>it casts dispel magic
>it magically summons shamblers!
>>
File: 00000381.jpg (201KB, 650x578px) Image search: [Google]
00000381.jpg
201KB, 650x578px
>>174778405
The fact anon has a 115% liferate right now tells you a lot.
>>
>>174778628
You take halved damage from breaths just by being in a wall if I remember correctly, plus Dg have a 50% chance to resist with One With Magic.
>>
>>174777954

>he seems like a fun and unique god for me

Pakellas is neither fun nor unique, just rotten garbage. How is scummy unlimited wand charges to justify the waste of exp called Evocations any fun or meaningful? Now that rods are gone, it has way more incentive to stay dead than ever.
>>
>>174773418

>We need a new challenge

Play crawl then. You can thank me later.
>>
>>174779575
>evocations
>waste of exp
lm@AU
>>
File: Reading.jpg (4KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Reading.jpg
4KB, 150x150px
>>174744859

>Lack of ID minigame is a problem
>>
>>174780150

Let me guess, you also think that Hexes spellschool is properly designed and should stay in crawl.
>>
>>174781324
i think hexes should be buffed and should indefinitely remain in crawl alongside many new and fun additions
begone, dev
>>
File: kzhkrt.png (67KB, 477x105px) Image search: [Google]
kzhkrt.png
67KB, 477x105px
>>174774302
What are these sprites?
>>
>>174781404
microbat
bat
megabat
gigabat
>>
>>174781404

redundancies
>>
>>174781404

bloat
>>
>>174781540
>>174781859
stop it ;_;
i know you're just pretending!
>>
File: redundancy.png (16KB, 951x151px) Image search: [Google]
redundancy.png
16KB, 951x151px
>>174781889

>you're just pretending!

NO! I. Want. Redundancies. [REMOVED]. Out. Of. Crawl. RIGHT. NOW!
>>
Why do people get cats, they don't even do useful work like a dog can
>>
>>174782283
the fuck do dogs do
they are useless PETS because PETTING is all they can do. do you know what they'd be called if they could do useful work? WORKING ANIMALS
>>
>>174782283

People from the lower strata tend to prefer playing real roguelites.
>>
>>174782649
Ouch! That really hurt!
>>
>>174781404
PHASE BAT ROTTEN BAT GIGABAT CHAOS BAT MICROBAT ICE BAT FIRE BAT

The best crawl vault known to man.
Now sadly removed.
>>
>>174783262
i think dcss needs to be destroyed
let them remove everything until nothing is left, then, in lieu of content, the devs will at last remove themselves
>>
>>174783415
what game do you recommend for dcssplebs who want to migrate away from the nazi devs?
>>
>>174784068
minecraft
>>
>>174782215
Which bolt is the third one?
>>
>>174784336
Looks like the tiles interpretation of Tartarus, the realm of negative energy.
>>
>>174784336
bolt of DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAINAGE
>>
>>174782215

bloalt
>>
>kill orbs 2v1
>kill orb + alich
>get 1v1'd from full HP by an electric golem
Apparently at around 100 wins I became unable to win Crawl anymore. Note to self: just get Statue on everything that uses UC, no exceptions, and screw variety.
>>
File: 1492424879511.png (2KB, 244x226px) Image search: [Google]
1492424879511.png
2KB, 244x226px
>>174784957
>I can kill strong enemies I can resist, surely I can kill strong mobs I can't resist!
You're adorable.
>>
>>174783262
It's still in the game. Some dev even said they tried to removed it once and the community went apeshit on them, so they brought it back. I wasn't around at the time though.
>>
>>174785053
>It's still in the game.
Even the devil's team is powerless against the bat team.
Do bats still never stop spawning?
>>
>>174785040
Of course it's my fault, I'm just saying I'm unable to win Crawl anymore because I'm too used to certain outcomes and stop expecting unusual ones. Third death with 3+ runes in a row.
>>
>>174785150
>I'm unable to win Crawl anymore because I'm too used to certain outcomes and stop expecting unusual ones.
No you just don't know how to evoke feet
>>
>>174785242
I could evoke feet into unexplored Zot:5 lungs through Zot traps (one or two, depending on the lung) or I could evoke feet through the corridor the golem came from. Neither sounds like a particularly good idea.

Good ideas included using ?fog and preparing for the fight properly (e.g. mana vipers to shut it down faster) or using !resistance, but no hurr durr I need it for orb run derrrp.

"Too used to certain outcomes".
>>
>>174785040

>surely I can kill strong mobs I can't resist!

If I can meleekill Cerebov at rF -1 (negative one) then anyone can kill everything at resist zero. Crawl resists are bloat, this is not PCB. It is finely tailored for the roguelike casual.
>>
>>174785483
>meleekill Cerebov at rF -1 (negative one)
Gib proof
also needlestab doesn't count
>>
>>174784336
Drain bolt
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
Just played DoomRL for the first time. Made it to lv16 and got killed by a Cyberdemon. Mainly used shotguns, and a minigun I found near the end.
This game is so good. It just oozes style, has a good sense of humor and is fun to play. I should have played this sooner!

How are shotguns from a meta-game perspective? I really enjoy using them, do they hold up against the other options?
>>
>>174786058

Shotguns are extremely good.

>do they hold up against the other options?

The real question is do other weapons hold up to Shotguns.
>>
File: It breathes.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
It breathes.png
1MB, 1440x900px
>>
File: resist is bloat.png (226KB, 1148x586px) Image search: [Google]
resist is bloat.png
226KB, 1148x586px
>>174785582

It's easy, try it on wizard mode. Just punch Cerebov until you dent him a little and blink out. Rinse and repeat, didn't even use a single haste.
>>
>>174786453
I might remember incorrectly but doesn't cerebov actually hurl firestorms at you and have a ring of fire around him at all times
also is that the robe of vines
>>
>>174786517

Yeah. You can do it with a normal +0 robe too but that'd be tedious if vinestalker regen+Regeneration achieves the same result anyway. That's also nospell and godless.
>>
File: *Truewinner* retires.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
*Truewinner* retires.png
1MB, 1440x900px
>>
File: greaterplayer.png (13KB, 1103x136px) Image search: [Google]
greaterplayer.png
13KB, 1103x136px
Give me those 20 hours of my life back.
>>
>complaining about being bad

>again
>>
>>174787780
>those times for 6 >= runes only
Wtf
>>
>>174788064
Let me show you something actually slow.
>>
File: 1492927611981.png (169KB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
1492927611981.png
169KB, 310x325px
>>174787780
You're wasting your life playing roguelikes even if you win.
>>
>>174788185
This is making me die on the inside, slowly
>>
>>174771257
Except melee Naga is piss easy and axes means it's even easier considering almost everything early game has trash HP
And there's only rng fuckery around D3-5, despite the fact you can actually play it safe instead of autoexploring
D1-2 is literally fucking tab
By D6-7+ your hp is so high thanks to the +20% boost shit like ogres and orc priests don't matter anymore
Gozag is only a slot machine for Octopodes or Felids.
For races that can use all/almost slots I sincerely can't see Gozag being rng when armor shops alone have a high chance of giving you something useful, same for weapon shops
Yeah, you'll get way better stuff in some runs, but the thing is, Gozag will consinstently give you good shit, at least way better than hoping something decent spawns on the fucking floor
>>
File: JACKED.png (103KB, 1140x974px) Image search: [Google]
JACKED.png
103KB, 1140x974px
Why sorcerers so bad man, giving them both ass life and 0 melee capabilities is just too harsh and its not like they are super good at casting.
>>
>>174786220
nice, I'm going to blast some more demons then
>>
>>174789307
>Why sorcerers so bad man
Because skillmasters (or god forbid, gray mages) are actually better than sorcerers will ever be. Don't play sorcerers.
>>
>>174790030
Aw, you saying that I can take all the magic as skillmaster while retaining adequate health pool?
>>
>>174790129
>you saying that I can take all the magic
No, because you damn well don't need 90% of the spells in those books. You want genocide spells, teleport spells, detect spells and healing spells while still having having good health. What you want is a nature4/death4 fighter with extra HP. Maybe trump 2 if you want dimension door.
>>
>>174785582
>also needlestab doesn't count
also removed
unless you meant paralysis needles, but that's not needlestab
>>
File: durrgin.png (131KB, 1140x974px) Image search: [Google]
durrgin.png
131KB, 1140x974px
Got trump book in blackmarket, could it be its my chance to actually start enjoying sorcery again/
>>
>play crawl online
can't click on the map to choose where you want to go
Fucking awful, do you have to do it through CTRL+X or what
>>
>>174790686
>183
>8
>3
you're a dead man walking
>>
>>174790779
Why would you want to go to a square
Either use O
or ctrl+x+</>
Or search for an item you left
>>
File: feelsgood.png (107KB, 1140x974px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.png
107KB, 1140x974px
>>174790795
Why do I need health points when I have dracolich bro to tank and kill shit for me?
>>
>>174791492
>Why do I need health points when I have dracolich bro to tank and kill shit for me?

Anon, just accept you're already dead.
>>
>>174777574
Is that a warhammer or a marvel reference?
>>
>orc:$
>see orc priest
>turn around the corner and break los to lure him
>he doesn't show
>instead he starts summoning
>flooded by waves and fucking waves of tier 2 demons while the priest is nowhere to be seen
why is this allowed
i thought orcs have low iq (AI)
>>
>>174791978
which version of the game?
>>
>>174792067
>>
>>174791978
>things that didn't happen
or he summoned while still in LoS but the summons appeared outside of your LoS
>>
>>174792175
it literally (literally) [sic] just happened, eternally etched in the recordings of the webtiles server
>>
>>174792241
Gib ttyrec
>>
>>174792319
how to
>>
>>174792359
go to your webtiles server
go to morgues
check your name
open your latest .ttyrec file
copy link
paste it here
>>
>>174792471
ah well you see i may have slightly exaggerated things
>>
>>174792471
SYKEEEEEEEEEEEE
IT HAPPENED!!!!!!(!!!!!!)
https://underhound.eu:81/crawl/ttyrec/Chifra/2017-04-09.07:04:49.ttyrec.bz2
>>
Ah fuck how do I open these things again

you know what I'll just believe you
>>
>>174792720
I'm assuming the correct one would be
https://underhound.eu:81/crawl/ttyrec/Chifra/2017-04-23.12:29:57.ttyrec
(this is currently 33 MB, because it hasn't be archived/compressed yet)

Your ttyrec folder is:
https://underhound.eu:81/crawl/ttyrec/Chifra/

>>174793053
Get jettyplay.

http://nethack4.org/projects/jettyplay/
>>
>>174793285
>Get jettyplay.
Nah I remmeber now I can make it work on my terminal with sudo apt-get somethingortheother
but I don't wanna watch it because it's huge

I believe you, I'll probably go watch some mumo vods
>>
>>174793285
it's the latest game, the one still ongoing. check out the part of orc after doing lair
>>
>>174793369
HE BELIEVES
>>
File: I'm just lazy.png (371KB, 517x422px) Image search: [Google]
I'm just lazy.png
371KB, 517x422px
>>174793486
>>
>>174793369
Yeah, you can use IPBT or ttyrec itself (the latter's ttyrec player is ttyplay, I think). But I've found that they tend to render Crawl ttyrecs really weirdly, so I just stick to jettyplay.
>>
>>174793547
i can't believe i was speaking to a furry this whole time
yuck
>>
File: Alright.png (84KB, 520x422px) Image search: [Google]
Alright.png
84KB, 520x422px
>>174793615
>>
>>174793615

why, you scared of animalfuckers?
>>
File: anon_messes_up.png (73KB, 1215x720px) Image search: [Google]
anon_messes_up.png
73KB, 1215x720px
>>174793285
>>174792720

Ah, right towards the end of it (~2:19:00 has an early example, and then the last few minutes 2:24:00 and on).

In your case, you had a summon (the orc skeleton) that was in the line of sight of the high priest, which was why it was able to summon even though it couldn't see you.

Furthermore, a lot of those summons (the ufetubi) were summons of a ynoxinul, which in turn are summoned from an orc sorcerer or high priest.
>>
File: maslows.png (120KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
maslows.png
120KB, 2000x2000px
>>174793735
>>174794383
lmA@Ou
>>
>>174794554
so in other words i was right and you were wrong
can you please repeat after me, " i was wrong, orc priests can summon out of los. please, venerable sir, don't bully me too much for messing up "
>>
File: How to MuMo.png (109KB, 760x318px) Image search: [Google]
How to MuMo.png
109KB, 760x318px
Nedroid has such great MuMo images.
>>
>>174795159
i think furries should all be gunned down. i want to lead an anti furry death squad, kill furries immediately on sight.
>>
>>174795316
>nedroid
>furry
???????
>>
that's cool but how is that roguelikes
>>
File: dead man walking.png (113KB, 1140x974px) Image search: [Google]
dead man walking.png
113KB, 1140x974px
Yay, just haste monster for my dudes. Btw whats better, dracolich or iron lich?
>>
>>174795376
it has an anthropomorphized creature
>>
>>174795380
real life satisfies the berlin interpretation, spacetime is possibly grid/turn based.
>>
How long until they remove humans from DCSS?
>>
>>174795459
Man, don't forget to destroy any roguelike with kobolds or whatever
>>
File: How To MuMo.png (113KB, 760x318px) Image search: [Google]
How To MuMo.png
113KB, 760x318px
New and improved
>>
>>174795650
Never. Humans will be the last surviving race when the devs realize that every other race is bloat. If a human can have a Minotaur-esque game with the right equipment and the right manuals, why have Mi? If they can have a DeepElf-esque game with lucky equipment, a starting mage class, and manuals, why keep DE?
>>
>>174795650

When PCB becomes a roguelike
>>
>>174795419
they're pretty similar power-wise (same hp, each has an elemental breath) but iron lich has more spells, including summon undead
>>
File: aw.png (115KB, 1140x974px) Image search: [Google]
aw.png
115KB, 1140x974px
Aw shit, apparently summon monster and summon hydra are not safe spells to use, but summon undead is perfectly fine, didnt backfire even once, gotta take blackmarket reroll for books at level 20 and then game is fine, relatively speaking.
>>
>>174797250
190 in level 29 doesn't seem like a lot of health points to be quite honest family senpai (tbqhfampai) [sic]
>>
>>174799000
Don't make posts like this, thanks.
>>
>>174799000
Yeah, i miscalculated, put one point in charisma instead on constitution and wore pokeball instead of +3 con shield. Could have had a whooping 200!
>>
>>174799098
i will make more posts like this now that i know that you dislike them fampaliazila (family pile godzila)
>>
Are there any roguelikes where your summonings actually stay around and don't disappear after a few seconds?

I understand its for balance but it feels like I'm spamming summons.
>>
>>174799679
PosChengband? Demon?
>>
When you're upgrading STR INT DEX in DCSS does it not really matter what you choose? I haven't noticed any real difference from doing it.
>>
>>174799679
all of them except dcss
>>
>>174799805
It matters.
>>
>>174790263
Grey mage gets 10 slots full of good shit, yeah?
>>
>>174799991
Yeah. You can go to the dark side and grab mass genocide, darkness storm, vampirism true, wraithform and polymorph demonlord, but you won't be able to grab any healing spells.
>>
>>174800043
Vamp True makes healpots go a long fucking way so that's a fair trade.
>>
>>174800345
Yeah, but it's useless against nonliving and undead beings.
>>
>>174799805
it used to matter in older versions of crawl and maybe in some hard combos or mumo conduct but in nu-crawl stats are so abundent you'll end the game with shit like 27/26/29 without even trying just wearing artifacts at which point you can just cast any spell in any armor and still have 30-40 EV
>>
I'm doing this only for (you), anon
(You) know who (you) are.
It remains easy
>>
>>174801034
>>
>>174799805
Stats only truly matter for mages, since a few points in Int will affect your failure rates and spellpower.

For melee types, as long as the number (Dex/Str) is above 13 or so, it's not hugely important.
>>
>>174801034
>necrobro

5 bucks says you'll die in a zig
>>
File: le zigg.png (53KB, 670x380px) Image search: [Google]
le zigg.png
53KB, 670x380px
>>174801264
The days of myself dieing in a Zig are mostly over.
I've died way too much on them before though
Nowadays I sometimes splat in panlord floors due to silence
>>
>>174801441
You've gotten more XL 27 characters killed than I've leveled up.
>>
File: LkARIDr.png (137KB, 526x436px) Image search: [Google]
LkARIDr.png
137KB, 526x436px
Did you know Homunculus touches to paralyze?
>>
>>174803154
>homunculus
is that a PCB monster or an ADoM monster
because if it's PCB why the fuck are you playing without easy_lore on
and if it's ADoM it's actually touch to sleep.
>>
>>174803154
I sure did, same as basilisks.
>>
>>174771257
>People who advocate for slow races like Naga and also advocate for Gozag are the most obvious scummers possible
a player streaked 19 NaWns of Gozag in a row online, so it's not a bad strategy
>>
>>174803349
Vanilla angband
>>
>>174777953
>less than 500hp at level 50
i think sorcs can do 6-700, and of course wraithform helps by halving (?) all damage as long as you don't get dispelled
although really you ought to go patient hades sorc for the hp
>>
>>174785471
so is zot some kind of huge demilich or what
>>
>>174783262
crawl needs a 'summon greater bats" spell
>>
>>174803807
>i think sorcs can do 6-700
I've seen a half-ogre mighty sorcerer on the ladder with 666 HP but that's the highest ever.
>>
>>174774302
What are the things next to Cerebov?
>>
>>174803154
>>174803608
>not having Free Action

also vanilla gets *really* boring around Dlvl35 or so.
>>
for the love of god someone play mumo so I can backseat drive him
I'm getting the shakes here
>>
>>174797250
when you fail to cast a trump summon spell, isntead of just eating your sp and saying "you failed to cast", it summons the monsters as hostile
so stick to 0%fail summoning i guess
>>
>>174804480
Oooh shit, so thats how it works, manual was kinda vague on how it is.
>>
>>174800412
but the fact that you've been using vamp true for the whole game up to this point means you have a bunch of spare unused !healing to use for those guys
>>
File: 143675500828469.gif (501KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
143675500828469.gif
501KB, 300x200px
>Tried cataclysm DDA for the first time
>Ran the tutorial and got prompted to push buttons.
>Unknown command
>Had to google where to change keybinds, just press esc in game
>Unknown command.
>>
>>174804230
What is the code of conduct?
>>
fun fact: if you play as a quylthulg monster you have a chance to instantly die the first time you try to do anything if your level 1 "summon yeek" spell fails and makes a hostile kamikaze yeek
>>
>>174794954
enemies will summon out of LoS if they have seen you, but not if they're just pathing to your sound without having seen you yet. DE elementalists are an illustration of this, if they have not seen you and you are camping in a tunnel they will come find you, but if they have seen you and you camp in a tunnel, they will cast their elemental creation spell from out of LoS at your location with smite targeting.
>>
>>174744357
Anyone here plays infra arcana? Any tips for a newbie to git gud?
>>
File: MuMofesto .png (3MB, 988x4967px) Image search: [Google]
MuMofesto .png
3MB, 988x4967px
>>174804687
also drop your starting robe
>>
>>174804903
it's bad don't bother. if you want to win just play rouge in the development version and max out the dex tree, stealth tree, observant, treasure hunter, and Vicious.
>>
>>174804731
Only if you have allow_pets off.
>>
>>174804910
What exactly can you do?
>>
>>174805129
Attempt to punch things
>>
>>174805090
im pretty sure quylthulg gets hostile monsters when they fail a spell

but even if they don't, you can still instadie by summoning a kamikaze yeek in melee range of an enemy and dying to its explosion
>>
>>174805025
>it's bad don't bother.
I have been enjoying it, even though it seems retarded hard.

What roguelike would you suggest? I have only played DOOMrl and infraarcana so far.
>>
File: Hit but do.png (82KB, 473x232px) Image search: [Google]
Hit but do.png
82KB, 473x232px
>>174805129

>>174795820
You cast fist and evoke feet when fist is too small.
>>
>>174805261
i like doomrl, sil, 0.17 and earlier dcss. IA is okay to win once or twice but stealth is so dominating in the development version, and other playstyles are so shit, that there's no reason to play anything else.
>>
>>174805129
in mumo, you are allowed only fist and foot.
>>
>Friend making fun of me because said I didn't like the witcher and he saw me playing Brogue
>>
>>174805679
Brogue is bad he should make fun of you

Enjoy your 's' hitting simulator
>>
>>174805679
Well, at least it wasn't autismo overlord tier ASCII shit
If a normie sees you playing that it's immediately "OMG ARE YOU A HACKER ANON"
>>
>>174805679
my first thought upon reading this was of you and your friend having gay sex, him being the top and bullying you for your taste in video games all the while.
>>
>>174805424
>IA is okay to win once or twice but stealth is so dominating in the development version, and other playstyles are so shit, that there's no reason to play anything else.
I see. I do enjoy the occultist but it is far too weak, i wonder if they update the game often and if they plan on reworking the other classes.

Anyway, im going to try that sil you mentioned, it is in the sticky above right?
>>
>>174805886
Another great post I read today on boards.4chan.org/vg/ /rlg/.
>>
>>174805679
>Casuals experience a game with decent writing
>Hail it as the first coming of christ and anyone who says otherwise is stoned

Did you not learn anything from TLOU and Bioshock Infinite?
>>
>>174806120
i'm simply sharing my thoughts lad, and who knows, maybe you really are gay.
>>
>>174806096
occultist is extremely bad. Rogue >>>>>>> War Vet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Occultist.

Sil should be in the sticky, do try to get mpa-sil though as it has some interface improvements.
>>
>>174790628
You can't stab cerebov with needles of sleep/para anymore?
>>
>>174806251
you can, but that's not what needlestab means you fucking amateur, get the fuck out COBRA you fucking noob you niggerloving kike piece of dev go back to tavern
>>
File: 1474154650506.gif (239KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
1474154650506.gif
239KB, 500x419px
>>174805886
>him
but everyone on this website is a cute anime girl
>>
>>174806235
My first win was with an occultist.
>>
>>174806476
was it in the version where kills give xp?
>>
>>174806330
anon DCSS is objectively a bad game now

I only check new version once a year to be even more disappointed
>>
>>174804910
>>174805129
The gist is:

You can use shields and large shields; you can use non-body armour (boots, etc.) as long as they're not boots of running; you can use rings as long as they're not rings of slaying or regeneration.

You can throw things that are not meant to be thrown, but you can't throw items meant to be thrown. IIRC, a quick test would be: if it shows up in a regular 'Q'uiver menu, then you can't throw it, but if it shows up in a full quiver menu (Q*), then you can. Speaking of menus, you are allowed to use Self-Restoration in the ability menu, but everything else (extra egos on items and artefacts you might find) is not allowed to be used.

Scrolls are allowed.

And of course, you can use your fists (unarmed combat) and you can use your feet.

Everything else is not allowed.
>>
>>174806592
Kills don't give XP now?

it was version .14 or something, more than a year ago
>>
>>174806604
that's fine and all but needlestab is an extremely old technique that was removed somewhere around 0.15 so you can't be that old laddie
>>
>>174806713
>everything else (extra egos on items and artefacts you might find) is not allowed to be used.

** anything else in the ability menu, that is
>>
>>174806713
How do people fucking win
>>
>>174806235
>occultist is extremely bad.
Well, it is heavily dependent on RNG, if your starting spells and potions suck and you don't luck out into finding good stuff you are fucked.

I like the spamming of dark bolts though, and those invocation spells are quite powerfull when used right.

>>174806726
>Kills don't give XP now?
They do.
>>
>>174806824
Very carefully
>>
>>174806726
Not anymore. XP is all from finding monoliths now, and basically everything has gotten nerfed and OOD spawns were made pretty crazy (I had D:1 fire hounds last time I played. that was the last game I played)
>>
>>174806923
>Not anymore. XP is all from finding monoliths now
Don't know what you are talking about, that is sure as hell not the lastest version.
>>
>>174806923
that is unless he changed it again. when last played this winter all XP was from monoliths.

>>174807021
are you playing the "trunk" version (not 0.18.2 or whatever?)
>>
>>174806713
bucklers are permitted you fucking nazi, and were used by the dicks implo and vinie
>>
>>174807071
>are you playing the "trunk" version (not 0.18.2 or whatever?)
Im playing 18.2, not sure what this trunk version is but sounds pretty shitty.
>>
>>174807193
ok, I am talking about the most recent version on github. give it a try.
>>
>>174807276
>ok, I am talking about the most recent version on github. give it a try.
Nah, your description of it makes it sound much worse then my current version, besides, im going to give SIL a try.
>>
>>174807193
>>174807276
It should be called "develop", btw
>>
>>174807127
>bucklers are permitted you fucking nazi They used them and saw how horribly strong they were and unanimously decided to ban them from the challenge for being too strong.
>>
>>174806785
I've been playing off and on since 0.7 but I never really read spoilers or participated in the community until like 0.13, and even then I never learned about anyone else's strategy or techniques, I just just guessed to blend in when it seemed like someone used the same technique I did.
>>
>>174807640
>no bucklers allowed
>a-after my run of course ;^)))))
bucklers are permitted, and if anything you should place an upper limit on SH, not a lower limit, otherwise you're not making the conduct harder, just posturing
>>
>>174807765
Sure then
wear a buckler
wear your starting robe too
why don't you worship a god while you're at it
>>
>>174807723
needlestabbing is when you blow poison needles on a sleeping or paralyzed monster, it does extra damage and poisons extra deeper, and really just messes them the heck up without having to walk close to the monster and risk waking them up, and it scaled with skill. it was removed. hence it was called needlestab because you "stab" with needles. now, the only thing that happens is that you get a guaranteed hit when you attack a sleeping monster, but then again everything gets a guaranteed hit.
>>
>>174807926
so an artefact ring with +10 strength is okay right, but if it also has +1 slay its no good?
>>
>>174807926
nice retort.
all the winners wore bucklers, keep posturing.
i'm not even that mad that vinnie used a robe for some of the early game, just keep it consistent and don't change things up on a whim.
>>
>>174808046
oh yeah didn't it used to say "your needle struck a vital spot" or something to that effect
>>
Say, which rl games from the what to play pastebin have tilesets? I simply can't get beyound the graphics barrier, all I see are fucking numbers and letters!
>>
>>174808290
IVAN, start with IVAN
>>
>>174808290
Tome4.
Welcome the dark.
>>
>>174808046
there were multiple different things that the ambiguous word "needlestab" was used for
the word was in use even before needles had a bonus vs stabbable enemies
>>
>>174808454
as far as i'm aware the above definition is the literal and only definition of "needlestab" being simply stabbing with needles. etymologically the term shouldn't even exist prior to stabbing with needles
>>
>>174808160
>but if it also has +1 slay its no good?
Of course.
>>
>>174808731
"stabbing with needles" could also mean "using needles to create opportunities to stab"
>>
>>174808731
obviously the word needlestab refers to using needles to stab, but wehther it's getting a stab bonus WITH needles or using needles to confuse/para and then stab with a dagger is up in the air
>>
File: Capture.png (2KB, 295x35px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2KB, 295x35px
>>174803154
Do you know who also touches to paralyze?

>>174803981
Two Hell lords, Asmodeus and Dispater
>>
>>174809378
delete this post
>>
>>174753120
Give me a good game please.
>>
MuMo was never about sperging about the rules.
MuMo was about making crawl fun again.
Dicks himself said that he hated how people were turning mumo's rules into a nitpickfest and was happy when he talked about that dude who did a regular mumo^Ru inspired by mumo runs.

So y'all nagas stop that and have fun
>>
>>174753120
Ok
>>
>>174809763
dicks treated it as a challenge, not a lol so randumb quirky pharaoh roleplay meme. he's free to dislike what it became and truthfully, /rlg/ did have some shameful sperging moments when vinnies won, but what the heck did he think would happen
>>
>>174810096
>but what the heck did he think would happen
He thought better of us.
That's why he left.
>>
File: dumb plant.png (42KB, 798x418px) Image search: [Google]
dumb plant.png
42KB, 798x418px
Doing unusually well in DCSS as a vine stalker fighter, got two randarts before reaching the 5th floor and not sure if I want to jew gozag, maim with makhleb, autist with oku, or trample with trog
>>
>>174810269
this is 4chan, anyone who "thought better" anonymous people posting anonymously is clearly new here, and in the first place, /rlg/ is on the tamer side of generals.
>>
>>174810418
>this is 4chan
No goddamnit this is /rlg/. We do things Our way. We aren't fucking /tsg/ or those fuckers who tripfag and have anime tits OPs. We're /rlg/.
And we have always been better than them.
>>
>>174804867
Also you're right for the wrong reasons. Most combat mechanics in crawl are asymmetric and therefore spoilery and unfun. In this particular case, player summons can not attack anything outside of the player's LoS, even if the opponents are in the summons' LoS. Yet monster summons, which as we've just seen can be summoned by the monster if it sees a player's ally without actually seeing the player himself, can in fact target the player, EVEN THOUGH the summoner can't see the player. It's fucking retarded. Don't even get me started on monster-only spells. Fucking FUCK
>>
>>174810639

not really
>>
>>174809378
thanks lad ;_;
>>
>>174810418
>hurr durr we're 4chan that means we're /b/
Someone's never been to /po/ or /an/.
>>
>>174810639
/rlg/ culture has always been a subset of 4chan culture. if you don't actively enjoy shitposting and arguing, you have to be at least impartial towards it, or else you wouldn't be here in the first place.
>>
>>174810906
i haven't been to many of the numerous boards that don't align with my interests, but i confidently predict that no matter where i go, as long as people are anonymous and can post without consequence, all manner of juvenile fuckery will surely ensue.
>>
>>174810676
yes, I omitted the part about your allies being essentially an extension of you for this purpose.
>>
>>174804660
kek DDA is shit
just place PussyCockBand instead for all your headcheeseroom needs
>>
you don't have to be a dick to be here and to enjoy roguelikes
if you're a dick that's fine but don't flaunt it as a requirement
>>
>>174810302
Anyone?
>>
>>174811461
I only like roguelikes because I don't like playing easy rpgs that are glorified movies.
>>
>>174811461
nobody said you have to pretend it's /b/ to fit in
>>
>>174809763
>MuMo was about making crawl fun again.
So you're saying it was an impossible challenge to begin with.

lmao pwnd
>>
File: 1467962669926.png (243KB, 821x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1467962669926.png
243KB, 821x1200px
>>174811461
actually, dicks are not bad, they are good
>>
>>174811568
I just hate rock paper scissors combat. Really don't see how people find pokemon tier "Use X skill on Y to curbstomp Z" to be challenging.
>>
>>174811568
play SaGa then you pleb
>>
>>174811485
oka or trog
>>
File: that same scene.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
that same scene.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>174811765
oh yeah that became a anime recently
>>
>>174806713
don't forget that potions are allowed but mummy can't drink
so that means if you're playing Minotaur or Troll MuMo challenge you can drink
>>
>>174811461

I bet you're the same guy who says naga instead of nigger
grow thicker skin you fucking faggot
>>
>>174811947
Oh wow.

So is it loli porn or something
>>
>>174811813
how do i google "SaGa" to find out what it means
google doesn't have any respect for capitalization in search queries
>>
>>174812160
No, just the usual shitty escapist show.
>>
File: .png (56KB, 798x316px) Image search: [Google]
.png
56KB, 798x316px
>>174812212
are you retarded
>>
>>174811813
What game would you recommend starting with?
>>
File: saga.png (39KB, 760x682px) Image search: [Google]
saga.png
39KB, 760x682px
>>174812309
lad
>>
File: the reason rlg exists.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the reason rlg exists.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>174812160
it's not porn it's just japan
she's just fuckin with him there, she doesn't fuck him
>>
>>174810639
>anime tits OPs
we used to have tumposting at least
we should bring that back
>>
>>174812375
SaGa Frontier is just right, don't pick Assellus/Riki/Lute as your starting character though. The others are fine.
>>
File: 1473448645385158.gif (2MB, 473x238px) Image search: [Google]
1473448645385158.gif
2MB, 473x238px
>>174811226
>just place PussyCockBand instead for all your headcheeseroom needs
I don't understand any of this. I just wanted to try a game.
>>
>>174812572
>tfw you will never get 1-tum'd in irl
>>
File: hurr.png (103KB, 1140x974px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.png
103KB, 1140x974px
So, which talent lets me reroll shops, friend or marketeer? New sorc has 98 life, but whatever, its a summon game we will play.
>>
>>174810639

>We

Don't include me in your delusions faggot
>>
>>174812739
What's wrong with them?
>>
File: freexp.png (4KB, 599x63px) Image search: [Google]
freexp.png
4KB, 599x63px
Gnolls are truly the best race. +3 AC/+1 EV from killing a single dude using a blowgun, which is line old school blowguns because exp literally doesn't matter.
>>
>>174816034
Assellus has a long and ambiguous intro where she's trapped in a castle and the game isn't very forthcoming with ideas on how to escape.

Lute basically has no plot or scenarios, you start the game, then you find an NPC hidden in a restaurant somewhere, recruit them, and the only thing you can do after that is build your team in the open world or go straight to the final dungeon.

Riki just has the hardest scenarios overall and he's a monster which is the hardest race to understand and git gud with.
>>
>>174812273
>>174812475
Goddamnit.
There's like 3 loli animes out there.
>>
File: Screenshot_56.png (146KB, 1717x944px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_56.png
146KB, 1717x944px
this is the first time meng huo has ever dropped me something good
>>
>>174817012
just rewatch bakemonogatari you pedo
>>
>>174817762
>just rewatch bakemonogatari
Whuh
I only watched younger sister juice
>>
>D:7 Gargoyle just hanging around
Well fuck you too.
>>
>>174806158
>bioshock
>decent writing

Tlou was really good though, at least when it managed to shed the paint by numbers zombie shit. Having the protagonist completely fail to learn the story's lesson and collapse back to square one was way bolder than i expected a vidya to be
>>
>>174820101
>D15 Gold dragon
>>
>>174808447
>Tome4.
Just downloaded and started playing, the graphic style put me off a bit, far too colorfull and cheerfull instead of dark and gloomy, but I will get over it.

However, I found that most enemies provide no challenge whatsoever, does it get harder as the levels go?

Could use some pro-tips and character build suggestions.
>>
>>174821984
the general idea of tome4 is fighting massive piles of unthreatening trash mobs that you can probably oneshot and only really being in danger when you run into elites or uniques etc
it's kind of like a diablo roguelike
>>
>>174821984
Yeah, early game's pretty trivial unless you get fucked with some unique skirmisher or something.
>>
>>174821984
Just up the difficulty anon.
>>
>>174821984
You can switch it to using ASCII instead of graphical tiles if that's your thing. I don't remember where exactly it is in the options, but I think it's Esc>Game Options>Graphics or something like that. And like the other guys said, yea tome's regular monsters aren't too much of a threat most of the time, it's more of the elite and unique monsters you need to watch out for. Daikara is usually where most people consider the difficulty to start ramping up though.
>>
>>174814892
merchant's friend

but black marketeer will halve the prices of black market shops, so there's good synergy
>>
>>174817623
>easy ID off

stop doing this to yourself
lore and ID minigames are a superfluous mechanic
>>
>>174823201
Yeah I've got it but turns out that I have to pay jews to swap inventory and out of 9 books cost 35k for me with 11k to swap while I have 100hp at level 20.
Gotta get lucky to get any real money I guess.
>>
>>174806330
So what DOES needlestab mean then
>>
>>174823492
it was
>>1748080463
back when DCSS had mechanics besides o-tab and Tornado
>>
>>174823957
Yes I kept reading and saw it and felt retarded.
Needlestab refers to both the act of stabbing with needles and using needles to create a stab, with the latter definition being the traditional one.
>>
Needle stabs weren't all that interesting tho. In fact, blowguns were OP pieces of shit that made your tabbing even easier. They're still OP pieces of shit, but now you gotta actually try to use them.
>>
>>174823054
As always, ruks hurt.
>>
>2nd move of the game is a teleport trap, which puts me into an L hallway with gnolls

seriously

fucking seriously

if i were streaking, i'd never play this game again
>>
>>174824149
>get throwing to 8 - 10
>follow trog
>pump enchant scrolls into a blowgun, ignore everything else
>keep training throwing
>fuck everything with 30 turns sleeps/paras
RIP IN PISS
Frenzy needles are fun as well
>>
>>174824675
* L hallway with both sides blocked by gnolls, if that wasn't clear
>>
>play yeek archmage
>boss of the yeek starting dungeon has a spell that does twice my maxhp in damage
>no shield runes in the yeek starting town, can't go anywhere else without killing the boss
>oh well time to suicide charge
>it just decides not to use its spells and lets me wizard it to death
ok
but how are you SUPPOSED to beat this boss without good rng
just spend every statpoint in con?
>>
>>174824801
Which one?
The one sexually violating the other yeek?
You're supposed to flee.
>>
>>174825825
the ritch hivemother
after killing literally everything in both dungeons available to me at that point i had like 90 maxhp
>>
>>174825972
You're a yeekarchmage
What made you think this was a good idea?

Hope she doesn't spam the attack that OTK, but again, yeek fucking archmage dude wtf.
>>
>>174825972
yeek don't """"do"""" magic, and you could always just go do some of murgol's lair
>>
File: notevenremoved.png (464KB, 1853x967px) Image search: [Google]
notevenremoved.png
464KB, 1853x967px
How the mighty have fallen. I feel like all the evocations cheese that I pulled off in .18 was removed or nerfed. Don't know how to feel about that.
>>
>>174827054
yeah that was after clearing murgol's lair and the ritch dungeon
>>
>>174823386
>lore and ID minigames are a superfluous mechanic
that's pretty much like reading spoilers as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>174824696
using frenzy needles on panlords is great
>>
>>174828292
Yep. Spoilers are pretty useful.
>>
>>174827546
But.. THats new? Wand of elec is still in
>>
>>174806824
only 3 people ascended a pure Pharaoh so far and one of them who's been trying to get another win quit yesterday after splatting his 4500th MuMo in 2 and a half years
>>
File: 1484297602172.jpg (446KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1484297602172.jpg
446KB, 843x1034px
>>174828697
I bet you wear silk panties too
>>
>>174829246
I wish these autists would play PCB or Elona, who knows what they could accomplish
>>
>>174829169
Disc of storms is out though.
>>
>>174829169
This is what rods died for.
>>
>>174829459
you arent allowed to read rlg if you havent beaten every roguelike in the pasta
otherwise you might see some advice or helpful information about a game that you haven't won yet, and that's spoilers
>>
>>174829465
>playing pieceofshitchingchongband
ya tozhe nenavizhu pcb
>>
>>174829610
>>174829692
Shit i forgot that item existed
>>
>>174829737
I'd say Elona is more chingchong than PCB
>>
>>174829465
>autists
This challenge isn't THAT hard, unless you're playing trunk, in which case good luck with Tomb.
>>
File: rip.png (64KB, 1055x957px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
64KB, 1055x957px
>Brand? That's amberite who's way lower level than all the other ones, right? He's not too dangerous
>Oh wait I was thinking about "Rinaldo, Son of Brand"
>>
>>174829928
Talk shit post fit
>>
>>174829465
>i wish they'd play BLOAT: THE GAME

ew, anon.

ew.
>>
>>174829928
>isn't THAT hard

>>
File: 1476488056606.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1476488056606.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>>174830080
Stop making fun of PCB, it's not like a good roguelike exists anyway
>>
>>174830105
>dicks left
>spicerack left
>implo left
>now ponyposter left

at this rate the only people left here are gonna be me, the furry, that one guy who really likes PCB and the guy who responds without post numbers
>>
>>174829935
Should have read the books kiddo.
>>
>>174830008
>>174830105
>I can't do it
>it must mean only autists can
>>
>>174830580
There are 50-some IPs in this thread, but some people are really good at blending in. Those people are faggots.
>>
>>174830740
Post scores
>>
>>174829727
naw word of mouth is okay
>>
>>174830740
well clearly you can't do it since otherwise you'd have posted a score
>>
>>174830805
>>174831139
http://crawl.xtahua.com/crawl/morgue/Leszczynek/morgue-Leszczynek-20170115-055137.txt
>inb4 not a MuMo
>>
>>174830580
Most of those people lurk. Hell, spicerack posted the other day.
>>
>>174831770
You already know what I'm going to say
>>
>>174831770
>amulet
i like my ground soft like my pillows too anon, it's okay
>>
>>174831770
Is this a joke? Amulet of fucking Regen. It's like one of the most haram items but you had to use it. Impressive, but still not a Pharaoh.
>>
>>174830580
the furry is the ponyposter though
also fuck you more than 1 person likes pcb
>>
>>174832219
ponyposter is a furry on top ??? what a disaster. Now it's only me and the two autists who like PCB.
>>
>>174832219
There's me, the guy who talks to ponyposter about furry trash
>>
>>174832295
Three autists.
>>
>>174830580
Don't worry, assgutterer will always be here.
>>
>>174832343
so me, pcb rakshasa, assgutter and the guy who responds to the ponyposter
>>
>>174831770
That's very fucking impressive my man, can't believe I missed this run. No evoking spells or abilities shown in the table at the end. But that amulet is insanely fucking good and so is +6 reflect amulet early on.
>>
can somebody get me the formatting for the default OUCH THAT HURTS message?
Just wizmode it please, I don't have a local copy of crawl on me
>>
>>174833206
>more += Ouch! That really hurt
from my rc file, there is at least one ! at the end
>>
>>174831032
That's cheating, anon.
>>
Can I use silence on Azrael to make him unable to cast spells?

Asking for a friend
>>
>>174834390
Tell your friend that Azrael as a demonic entity does not need to speak to cast spells and as such silence will not work on him.
>>
>>174834390
no his spells are unsilenceable
>>
My friend started cursing
>>
>>174831770

This why you should always cast regeneration
>>
Tell your friend that unless he identifies as a Greater Mummy he should not curse
>>
>>174835091
please slash this >>174835125 monstrosity of a furry post
>>
>>174830318

Who said he was making fun of PCB? It's not even a roguelike how can anyone make fun of it? He's making fun of the bloat roguelike: Elona+.
>>
>>174835091
Based tumposter does it again
>>
>>174830580
I'm going to leave soon too, my mom won't let me live in the basement forever
>>
>>174830580
>~100 unique IPs per thread
>"oh no these five namefags are gone WE'RE DOOOOOOOMED"

chill the fuck out, you nignog
>>
File: 1470530459699.png (25KB, 700x486px) Image search: [Google]
1470530459699.png
25KB, 700x486px
>>174834390
tell your friend to stop being dumb and press x-v
>>
>>174836835
and 480 means an average of 8 (eight (VIII (1000))) posts per IP right now
and I comprise about 60 of those posts
ponyposter probably takes up another 60
animeshitters collectively comprise about 60 posts too
miscellaneous shitposting another 60
half of this thread is shit
>>
>>174837229
roguelikes are shit
>>
File: template.jpg (64KB, 750x703px) Image search: [Google]
template.jpg
64KB, 750x703px
Daily reminder to take it easy.
>>
>>174837397
I agree, we should all stop talking about them forever and see how long it takes for the janny to catch on
>>
>>174837960
He literally never will, have you seen some of the other generals?
>>
>>174837113
My friend doesn't play trunk
he doesn't hate himself
>>
i was once saw a "starcraft general" that was just an entire thread about pizza
>>
>>174838078
Surprised to see the Starcrumps general still limping along desu
>>
>>174838321
that screenshot isn't even from trunk
>>
>>174838450
>max HP: about 88
You don't get that before .19
and .19 is the closest thing to trunk
>>
File: trunkflame.png (28KB, 811x474px) Image search: [Google]
trunkflame.png
28KB, 811x474px
>>174838553
The closest thing to trunk is trunk.
>>
>>174838367
>>174838338
sc2 is literally jerking off to kpop and talking about korea 90% of the time, it's actually kinda great
>>
>>174838705
Hellfire was renamed damnation back in .18 right

>>174838805
>and talking about korea 90% of the time
speaking of which isn't WW3 happening soon because kim jon un is holding some americans in north korea
>>
>>174838974
.18 or thereabouts.
>>
Oka is shitting these out like crazy.
>>
>>174838974
>Hellfire was renamed damnation back in .18 right
Why? That doesn't even sound good.
>>
>>174839470
Because hellfire isn't fire.
>>
>>174838974
>North Korea
>WW3
the only reason SK hasn't flattened them already is that they don't want to spend money providing for all the poor starving people after freeing them
>>
>>174839470
To differentiate it from fire. New people could get confused by hellfire and try to protect themselves with rF.
>>
>Decide to try out Gozag for shits and giggles
>Hungry ghost on literally every floor

Holy fuck, I swear to god this isn't just RNG bullshit. Troll devs.
>>
>>174839896
BEWARE THE HUNGER COST
>>
>>174839896
>food mattering ever
god damn I'm glad I'm not that fucking retarded
>>
demigod sorc:
which 2 of onewithmagic astralguide evasion subtlecasting do i take
>>
>>174840373
If you're retarded it's possible to starve to death with Gozag except not anymore because shops don't spawn in random places across the dungeon that you have to fucking find
>>
File: whatishedoinginthere.png (576KB, 1854x964px) Image search: [Google]
whatishedoinginthere.png
576KB, 1854x964px
This is the weirdest placement I've seen for Roka. Do orcs naturally prefer cozy hallways?
>>
the devils team is discussing removing/changing giant [spiked] clubs now
>>
File: blackmarketsareahelluvadrug.png (53KB, 766x561px) Image search: [Google]
blackmarketsareahelluvadrug.png
53KB, 766x561px
The Serpent's motherfucking life ends 15 minutes from now.

>>174840382
one with magic, subtle casting
>>
actually now that i think about it astral guide probably removes the need for one with magic since if you get dispelled you can just ddoor away, recast all your buffs, ddoor back
>>
>>174840735
Giant club was always the better weapon anyway.
>>
>>174841154
That's a weak reason to remove it entirely, a better thing to do would be to rebalance the two weapons to have a worthwhile trade-off for using spiked.
>>
>>174841275
You don't understand crawl development
>>
>>174841275
yea like making it +1 damage -1 accuracy
really interesting and meaningful distinction there
totally a yesbrainer decision
>>
Fourth death in a row with 3 or more runes incoming, currently live on xtahua if someone wants to have a laugh, just let me take a shit first.
>>
>Vashnia, Roka, AND Mara on the same floor
>Mara has an insane upgrade to my weapon, but he also foils all my abiltilies really well
Who thought it was a good idea to give all summoners mass abjuration? For real, its so shitty.
>>
>>174841806
uh
why not teleport away
>>
>>174841806
how?

how does this happen?

>>174841827
and also remove player abjuration, except for aura of abjuration
>>
File: juhjuhjuhgenocide.png (57KB, 767x563px) Image search: [Google]
juhjuhjuhgenocide.png
57KB, 767x563px
Exhibit A on why you should kill as many uniques as possible before snake hunting.
>>
>There are people who in this thread who really thinking that playing slow races who cant run away from getting RNG'd out of dungeon 1-10 aren't slot machines
>>
>>174842057
>He can't get good
>>
>>174842057
Nothing spawns in D1-10 that you can't tab through
If you die, well you are only 5 minutes in, go again

Hell for that matter, nothing spawns in the WHOLE GAME that you can't tab
But thats a different story
>>
>>174842201
>If you die, well you are only 5 minutes in, go again
That was exactly his point you fucking retard
>>
>>174842048
>three of them already acted
if instead of useless shitters casting invuln that was some combination of dispelmagic and shambler breath you would be dead as shit already
unique posses are kinda bullshit
>>
>>174841806
>he actually survived this

those OoFs should've raped you
>>
>>174842057
train stealth or use hop, you double mibe
>>
File: stayontarget.png (43KB, 766x562px) Image search: [Google]
stayontarget.png
43KB, 766x562px
>>174842048
Don't choke... don't choke...

>>174842392
not sure exactly how summoning turns work, but it must be based on speed or something, since practically none of them acted
>>
>>174842621
I need a script that forces you to press more when an enemy appears in your LoS and there was no enemies visible the turn before. Force_more_message only works on the first sighting, not when something already seen appears again.
>>
File: sweetrevenge.png (65KB, 762x564px) Image search: [Google]
sweetrevenge.png
65KB, 762x564px
>>174842761
Doppelganger imitator declares victory. What a great race. What a horrible class.
>>
>>174843382
Congrats, now you never have to play again
>>
>>174843382
Congrats man. Now you can appreciate the game on a deeper level the next time you play it.
>>
>>174830318
Shiren the Wanderer is good
>>
>>174843382
Omedetou, anonymous-kun.
>>
>>174845227
There are no good roguelikes, prove me wrong
>>
>>174843382
I guess being able to shapeshift is really nice but when I played that combo in the earlygame it was a big pain in the ass to have to mimic something after every time you rested
and it seems like it'd get kinda fucked by dispel lategame
>>
File: betterthanmememail.png (191KB, 1853x969px) Image search: [Google]
betterthanmememail.png
191KB, 1853x969px
Hey, this is really good. Pity about the rCorr, but this is probably one of the best base armours for an artifact.
>>
>>174845523
it's literally mottled dragon armor, complete with niche-resist-that-you-dont-really-care-about

i think mottled dragons were removed so MDA became this
>>
>>174845725
Atleast rCorr is way better than rStickyflame.
>>
File: non.jpg (197KB, 1192x592px) Image search: [Google]
non.jpg
197KB, 1192x592px
>>174845514
Crawl used to be fun.

I think.
>>
File: read your post.gif (889KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
read your post.gif
889KB, 500x286px
>>174846068
>more spells removed
>more evocables removed
>beneficial mutation removed
>in exchange, one shitty god and two humanoid races
>>
>>174845516
It is a big pain, but wilderness hunting basically eliminates this problem. And dispel is dangerous but not to the extent it would be on a mage who relies on buffs.
>>
>>174845523
>they actually added Acid Dragons and ADA
What the fuck
IrDA when
>>
File: pourque.png (324KB, 1202x741px) Image search: [Google]
pourque.png
324KB, 1202x741px
Man, they really screwed up the OOD monster generator over the years.
>>
>>174846237
doesn't your base form have some awful shit like 60% liferating though?
it seems like a dispel at a bad time could put you in mortal danger
>>
File: burn.jpg (111KB, 960x633px) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
111KB, 960x633px
>>174846425
>it's even a mumo
>>
>>174846425
How's that rf- treating you
>>
>>174846425
>wearing robes
WEARER OF SILK
>>
>>174846374
>add resist shards dragon armor
>add resist dispel dragon armor
>add resist chaos dragon armor
crawlband when
>>
>>174846425
I hope one of those scrolls was a tele
>>
>>174846518
>>174846727
NOT official mumo, just trying out the combo, it's offline, wrong version
>>
File: wepcbnow.png (568KB, 1854x965px) Image search: [Google]
wepcbnow.png
568KB, 1854x965px
This is straight out of PCB, especially if that is a demon lich. Christ, what a horrible vault.
>>
How to fix PCB: Remove food, remove light sources, add autoexplore and tab/autofight, remove identifying, let taverns/scroll of recall tele you to towns or dungeons without manually travelling to them, streamline ranged combat, streamline quest system.

That would be a good start.
>>
File: a decade of crawl.png (56KB, 1000x851px) Image search: [Google]
a decade of crawl.png
56KB, 1000x851px
>there are actually people who have been playing Crawl for more than a fucking decade
>>
>>174830580
People come and go.
>>
>>174846517
No, it's much better than that (85 with crap stats). Horribly inferior to something like a titan or cyclops, but I was capped out at 850 in base form with maxed con. Absolutely acceptable when transforming takes 1 turn with a little HP loss.
>>
>>174847296
I'm unironically alright with adding o-tabbing
>>
>>174847294
Press tt, it will give you a temporary combat bonus to kill them. Trust me, I attended Crawl College.
>>
>>174847310
>0.4
isn't that closer to two decades now
>>
File: sacked.png (620KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
sacked.png
620KB, 927x380px
>>174847294
looks fine for Depths. you should probably have 3 runes by the time you're down there.
>>
>>174847698
>not dipping depths once you get get through the rune lock for easy exp until you get too spooked to continue
I'm no limp wristed elf. I'm simply doing what any red blooded lava orc would do.
>>
File: hornetsmaniswear.png (7KB, 65x65px) Image search: [Google]
hornetsmaniswear.png
7KB, 65x65px
>>174846425
_DANG. Mumo is pretty tricky.
>>
File: Screenshot_57.png (125KB, 1440x727px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_57.png
125KB, 1440x727px
taking a break(?) from Tonbis to play MuMo

just ID'd 3 scrolls of ownfault and feeling good
>>
>>174847294
>pcb
more like vanilla angband monster pits tbqh
>>
>>174809370
I mean if you don't have free action at that point you kind of had it coming. I met the homunculus at like D:12.
>>
>>174848123
OH SHIT
SHE'S BACK
>>
>>174848852
yeah I don't like the new version much so I won't be splatting Ds speedruns as much
>>
>>174847980
There's no rune lock on Depths, anon. You can dive all you want.
>>
>>174847595
It's 4.0, not 0.4. It's the old, base Crawl, not DCSS, the one that nobody or almost nobody in these threads has even seen.
>>
File: resetti.gif (613KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
resetti.gif
613KB, 300x225px
>>174849474
>tfw you really liked Linley's and now all you're left with is this piece of shit
>>
>>174849246
I could have sworn there was on vaults and depths. I'm real rusty it seems.
>>
File: Screenshot_58.png (138KB, 1919x918px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_58.png
138KB, 1919x918px
thanks pit traps
>>
>>174849474
Yeah, Linley's Crawl 4.0
Wasn't that from the 90s
>>
File: catanote.png (78KB, 1026x796px) Image search: [Google]
catanote.png
78KB, 1026x796px
In cata, do npcs wander and drop notes? Came back to my base after spending a while looting and there was a survivor's note that wasn't there before
Kinda spook
>>
>>174829727
but that would require people to play PCB. PCB is shit.
>>
>roguelike general
>people posting *bands
>>
>>174851443
>People post some game with TILES and MOUSE CONTROL
>>
>>174851583
Tiles give a tactical advantage that ascii cannot when properly implemented.
>>
>>174851654
>tactical advantage
NOT A ROGUELIKE
>>
>>174851839
>>174851654
>tactics
NOT A ROGUELIKE
>>
Does weaponmastery or melee damage actually spawn on amulets or helms at all? I played a hydra for a bit, which is kind of neat but seems like it'd have problems scaling damage.
>>
File: tails.png (95KB, 290x333px) Image search: [Google]
tails.png
95KB, 290x333px
>>174851839
>>174851839
>>174851910
>not a roguelike
You're not a roguelike you fucking NAGA PUNCHING, GOLDFISH HUNTING, MIMIC MACROING, POTION EVAPORATING, DWARF DIGGING, DEEP WATER DROWNING, FOUNTING QUAFFING, NEMELEX SACRIFICING, QUEASY CHUNK EATING, BORING BEETLE BEATING, ELEPHANT SLUG SLAPPING, TOMB 3 STAIR DANCING, HALL OF BLADES SPLATTING, BLADE TRAP ACTIVATING, PILLAR DANCING, ENERGY SCUMMING, SCROLL DROPPING, SELF SLIME CORRODING, BRAINLESS FROM AN ORANGE CRYSTAL STATUE'ING, MAUD FORGETTING, NORRIS NIHILISTING, PUFF OF FLAME JOBBING, SIGMUND SUCKING, DJINNI REMOVING, SLUDGE ELF SEWER SURFING, QUOKKA QUAKING, ZIGURRAT DIVING, DEEP ELF BRUISING, GARGOYLE GRATING, ROD RECHARGING, BREAD SWINGING, SILK WEARING, TURBO TABBING, SHIELD OF IGNORANCE WEARING, XOM WORSHIPPING, POTION OF MUTATION SIPPING, FOOT EVOKING, SPEAR POLISHING, HAT ENCHANTING, DOUBLE MINOTAUR SON OF A NEXOKEK.
>>
>>174852479
IIRC there's something like an amulet of hell that has damage bonuses, but it also regularly comes saddled with other stupid shit.
>>
>>174852521
it's neck-o-zeck
or maybe neck-o-h*ck
>>
>>174852521
nequokzekekekekek
>>
>>174852479
>melee damage
yes, look for torcs of the hero, helms of the valkyrie/berserker
>weaponmastery
afaik only shows up on the rings of power + robe of kamikaze warrior
i know it can show up on reforge/randart rings but idk about helms/amulets
>>
File: pls remove, ruk OP.png (43KB, 1059x954px) Image search: [Google]
pls remove, ruk OP.png
43KB, 1059x954px
might be the first time i died to something like this
>walk over to Giant's Hall to dip in and mark it for recall
>run into a pack of deep ones in the swamp nearby, eh i cant be bothered fighting them ill just tele away
>land in front of awake 11hydra, it breathes first turn
>tele again
>land in front of awake cyclops, it throws ruk first turn
>>
Gnolls are a pretty interesting species. Not sure what they'd actually be useful for, but they're pretty neat. I guess hunter worked okay to let me use whatever ammo I found, but I probably would have been better off with just CeHu
>>
>>174853349
gnolls are human++
basically humans filled the "hybrid" niche and the devs didn't like that, so they had to add another gimmick race that made humans even more fucking average than before
>>
>>174853349
they'd be a lot more useful if their xp falloff happened later
as it is currently, gnolls spend the same xp as human to get a skill to 11 and shitloads more to get it higher than that, so even if you're heavily hybridising and leveling tons of different skills they're only better than hu in the earlygame
>>
>>174853349
They're good at everything, but you actually have to know how to use utility spells to do well.

>>174853537
Humans are really good, its just that most players are bad.

>>174853638
You only need 14 in a skill to melee, and you can get almost all the good spells that win you the game with a ring of wiz.
>>
What's the ranged weapon of choice in DCSS currently? Still crossbows for non-giants?
>>
>>174854139
I'd rank them Xbows 1, throwing 2, bows 3. The only draw for bows is if you get a really good drop like shnarga, while all you need to want the others is some slaying for throwing (and probably shoals), and the will to do extended and a 3xbow for crossbows.
>>
>>174854139
Are long bows no good anymore? On other hand i played a halfling and honestly greatslings are really good if you can find ammo for them consistently, i mean you only lose like 2 base damage compared to a bow.
>>
>>174852479
Terror Mask is +18 slay, some other hat egos get slay, slay can appear on various randart hats and amulets.
>>
File: Screenshot_59.png (298KB, 1919x934px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_59.png
298KB, 1919x934px
why
>>
>>174850232
It used to be on Depths at some point, but it's long gone.
>>
>>174855437
With that STR it wouldn't be the best idea to use it anyway.
>>
>>174855482
Remember Deep Dwarf Village?
>>
>>174855625
Cheimummy isn't so bad

you have all the time in the world to take it easy
>>
>>174855748
Chei piety decays over time now.

Thanks devs.
>>
>>174855437
continue playing mumo with it and see how far you can get
you can always start a real run afterward
i mean how often do you see dragon king within the first few floors
>>
>>174855437
Dragon King would be suicide
>>
>>174855845
naw I don't care about winrate and this would already be a botched speedrun

this is a pretty good MuMo run too I can't quit now
>>
File: Apr23-215013.png (101KB, 1146x723px) Image search: [Google]
Apr23-215013.png
101KB, 1146x723px
>lair 3 with 31 SH and no shields penalty
Thanks cobra commander.
>>
File: Apr23-215453.png (92KB, 1146x723px) Image search: [Google]
Apr23-215453.png
92KB, 1146x723px
I found a Broad Axe of AM.
Think I should swap over to axes with this guy?
>>
>>174857563
Shield is better. It will certainly carry you until you find a better weapon.
>>
>>174857774
I'm already at 0 penalty with my shield, so I guess I will put it into fighting and dodging like a boring tool.
>>
>>174857865
Oh right. Honestly, the axe switch would probably be ideal since you can use Ash to make it painless.
>>
>>174858034
It would be fun, but probably not optimal and I already drank the potion into fighting anyhow.

Oh well. One day I will play an axes character again.
>>
>>174858717
I honestly think axes suck
>>
>>174858717
Its worth considering since you do essentially have your endgame weapon, along with the ashen thing. You can swap out in the time it takes to clear dungeon, and the commitment to antimagic just means you'll dump all that exp into melee dude stuff instead of magic. Especially good since you have the blink mut.
>>
>>174812375
Romancing SaGa on ps2 was good as well, but using a game shark to increase the move speed is required.
>>
Died on XL:9/D:9 to a chain of Hornets after running out of panic buttons.

I'm somewhat convinced that MuMo is mostly impossible without lucking out and getting bonus AC/Dodge by the time you reach Lair depth.

The part I liked the best was when Maurice camped the stairs and took all my money before I could get to the scroll shop.
>>
>>174860128
that one shitter won mumo with only an amulet slot as a crutch
>>
FUCK I HATE POSCHENGBAND WHY IS IT SO GAY
>>
>>174860415
И я тoжe нeнaвижy PCB
>>
>>174860415
Please don't use "gay" as an insult.
>>
>>174860741
>>174860830
retards
>>
>>174860415
all you have to do is be patient and know your limits

>>174860128
go watch one of the winner ttyrecs or something, maybe you can glean data
>>
Friendly reminder that the trunk MuMo starts with 0 (zero) in Unarmed Combat for additional amounts of fun.
>>
>>174860948
luckily version 0.15 isnt in trunk
>>
>>174860924
I'm not missing any data, it's not like energy scumming or stair dancing is new to me. Luck just plays a real big part in the thing. It's really hard to keep up with the power scaling if you don't use bucklers and don't get a ring of +dex or something. It's just a little shave under what you need. Perhaps I'll scum the spawns on the upper levels after making it to a certain depth without any good items next time.

I was beating hornets and ice beasts and stuff, but I just got pushed too hard.

I could have sworn that throwing shit made sound too, but not in 0.19, that was a real handicap.
>>
Weeaboo Council is neat and kinda fun, but it feels like Oka and Trog would be more useful in 99/100 cases. Also whoever designed that tile for the Heavenly Storm should kill themself, you can't see shit while it's active.
>>
>>174861676
how many attempts have you even made
I can understand if you dismiss mumo as rng horseshit if you've played 4500 games like ponyposter has, but it seems like you've done like one whole run
>>
>>174861679
It makes chewing through popcorn easy but sometimes you want to keep popcorn around in order to not be hellfired
>>
>>174862127
probably at least 50? not counting the splats that happen on the first couple floors

I'm not saying it's RNG horseshit nor am I dismissing it, I'm saying that you can't win without luck. or at least bucklers
>>
>>174824080
no it doesn't you uneducated pleb
using needles to create a stab is no different than using a wand of paralysis to create a stab, the only people who misused needlestab to mean using needles of sleeping/paralysis were the ones trying to fit in but failing to figure out what the term really means
>>
>>174862665
Yeah and that's called wandstabbing
the difference is that needles don't roll against MR, they roll against HD or something so they can dunk all over panlords
>>
>>174862665
>>174862739
this. Needles work on Cerebov. Wands do not.
>>
>>174862739
>wandstabbing
now you're just making shit up
>>
>>174862806
No it's legit. Using a net is called netstabbing. Using spells is called SpEn. The issue is that nothing works against high-MR enemies except nets and needles.
>>
>>174862785
you're all a bunch of newfags lmao
needlestabbing used to refer to one thing only when i first came here, specifically it meant going with trog or oka to be gifted needles while training throwing and stealth and using that to carry you throughout the early and mid game when you're playing as an assassin but don't want to train short blades

>>174862936
see i know what netstab is, but wandstab is just your made up bullshit
>>
>>174863027
When I got here last fucking decade needlestab meant going Trog or Oka to be gifted a shitload of needles and then cheesing postendgame by paralyzing hell and pan lords.
>>
>>174862936
also SpEN is a fucking race/background combo and plenty of things work against high MR enemies such as invisibility, dazzling spray, distractions, and being stoned by catoblepas
>>
>>174863214
The thing here anon is that needlestab works against fucking everything. I was trying to make a joke with SpEn.
>>
>>174863027
>>174863148
those are needlecrits. You're needling a critical area, you're not stabbing anything.
>>
>>174838321

I don't get it. Failure to adapt is an act of actively hating yourself second only to killing yourself
>>
>>174863409
WHAT THE heck IS A CRIT
>>
>>174863409
No idea why you replied to me but YES YES YES THIS
Needling things while they are paralyzed/asleep is neeldecrits
>>
>>174863409
you're just making shit up again

>>174863518
screw your grandmother
>>
>>174863664
no fuck you bitch this is all legit my uncle works at Nintendo
>>
File: halp.png (16KB, 751x436px) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
16KB, 751x436px
Just reached Lair as a mumo. What do I skill from here?

I can kill yaks but not hydras. Spiny frogs are gonna be a toss-up.
>>
>>174864115
Get a bit more stealth then get more UC then get more dodging and fighting
It's literally just repeat what you've been doing for the rest of the game
>>
>>174863724
i'm glad we could resolve things peacefully

needlestab ->needling stab vulnerable enemies
netstab -> using nets to make enemies vulnerable to stab
distractstab -> using allies to make enemies vulnerable to stab
using sleeping/paralysis needles to stab -> using sleeping/paralysis needles to stab
wandstab -> made up nonsense
SpEn -> spriggan enchanter
>>
File: file.png (45KB, 1332x1038px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
45KB, 1332x1038px
This guy was no joke.
>>
>>174864115
looks good my man
note the 0 aptitude on fighting, it requires 30% less exp to increase than a -2 aptitude skill (or -2 aptitude skills take 40% more exp than 0 aptitude skill)
also note that fighting gives you guaranteed HP, and thus is more consistent than dodging, and also gives accuracy and damage
stealth is really good too because it lets you walk away without having to run for a staircase
also unarmed combat for damage
dodging for EV
>>
>>174864527
They should rename him "Mr. Consumable Tax."

Floatrand, get on this.
>>
File: w0w.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
w0w.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>174852521
>all this fucking content lost
we truly live in the darkest timeline
>>
File: file.png (60KB, 1332x1038px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
60KB, 1332x1038px
Its time to farm Angband 99
>>
>>174851292

I only play real roguelikes.
>>
>>174864783
how much ingame time
>>
At what Shields skill do you start using a shield on a MuMo? Offhand punch never triggers, but you get penalties to accuracy and attack speed.

Asking for a friend.
>>
File: file.png (86KB, 1332x1038px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
86KB, 1332x1038px
>>174864979
>>
>>174865008
Put it on and try hitting a yak or something.
>>
File: Apr24-002249.png (151KB, 1146x723px) Image search: [Google]
Apr24-002249.png
151KB, 1146x723px
BIG
FAT
NAGA
STATS
>>
>>174865319
>not even Lightning Scales
>>
>>174865269
Is a Hades Rune Knight the tankiest? Are any other player combos more durable?
>>
File: canwenot.png (188KB, 1067x650px) Image search: [Google]
canwenot.png
188KB, 1067x650px
B-but my Ice Cave ;(
>>
>>174865624
I can't read tiles maps, where's the Ice Cave on the level?
>>
>>174865624
You probably would have gotten the ice fiend vault anyway
>>
File: whatsthenextstepofyourmasterplan.png (129KB, 1049x649px) Image search: [Google]
whatsthenextstepofyourmasterplan.png
129KB, 1049x649px
Shit.
>>
File: file.png (71KB, 1332x1038px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
71KB, 1332x1038px
>>174865540

Hades anything is the tankiest. 3 Extra HD is sweet. Plus, his robe is god damn amazing. Other classes are likely far tankier, but Rune Knight is pretty high up there (because all the fucking free resists).
>>
File: 1442046423003.png (41KB, 393x382px) Image search: [Google]
1442046423003.png
41KB, 393x382px
>>174865681
On the left where the yellow tile is

>>174865932
>>
File: 1450410419580.png (163KB, 1080x424px) Image search: [Google]
1450410419580.png
163KB, 1080x424px
>>174865624
>canwenot
is that you
>>
>>174865540
Steel dragon or X Berserker.
>>
>>174865932
read teleport?
>>
>>174866076
Reading a teleport in unexplored ice cave is usually a death sentence
>>
>>174865932
>reading blink to get into an ice cave at half hp as mumo
Wasted.
>>
>>174865946
Hades Shieldmaster maybe?
>>
>>174865985
No, it's me

>>174866076
I literally just walked away, it was so easy, I didn't even want that loot or exp

>>174866238
Not just blink. Blink and 3 tele scrolls!
>>
>>174866508
Did you remember to collect fruit to attract the attention of monsters
>>
good night /rlg/, let's have a productive day tomorrow!
>>
So with all the homogenization and removal of content in DCSS, how long do you think it'll be before crossbows just get rolled into bows?
>>
>>174867263

Ranged weapons will be removed in 0.20 maybe except for needlefagging since they're redundant to melee weapons.
>>
File: 1492998133876.jpg (6KB, 196x185px) Image search: [Google]
1492998133876.jpg
6KB, 196x185px
>>174865985
>that pic

Fleece Johnson has been out of prison for few months now.
>>
>>174865985
Can you not
>>
>>174867419
Wouldn't even surprise me at this point desu
>>
>>174860128
>I'm somewhat convinced that MuMo is mostly impossible without lucking out and getting bonus AC/Dodge by the time you reach Lair depth.
No, it's just really, really really really really annoying.
Dicks got several mumos with AC ranging from 0 to 3
I have too
It's just fucking awful to fight anything
>>
>>174864115
Get more fighting
Get more dex
If you found Lair before D:10 go down until you reach D:10
D:11 is where unseen shitters start spawning regularly and as a mumo they are your worst enemy without Sinv because you will need to use a consumable to get rid of them and that's just wasteful.
>>
>>174865008
5 Shields is good enough.
>>
>>174865932
>Did run from ice cave
i hate that entrance to death. I feel you.

Where can I spectate you my man
>>
>>174868180
CBRO but he quit playing
>>
Oh hey actually I learned how to use bem a bit so I can just !stalk people

>>174868256

yeah I noticed thanks
beem is crazy useful
>>
>>174868303
Oh is that the command? I did !lm gomenpardner s=src
>>
>>174868359
!stalk gomenpardner works the same way, tells you the server and the stats of the last character
what's !lm, last m-something? I get that s=src means look for the server
>>
>>174868553
list milestone
>>
I get that bucklers in MuMo are haram because they're really good and have no drawbacks, but what about using a buckler when you already have more than 10 shield skill just because it's got a nice ego on it?
>>
Don't think you are allowed to use egos
>>
>>174869741
You are allowed to use egos that aren't running or regeneration
>>
You are
>>
What about spells
>>
You can have egos yea
The problem dicks had was that you could potentially get a free ego buckler early on that could carry you until zot/vaults:5/slime with no investment at all
So if you can wield a regular shield without penalty I think bucklers should be allowed
He probably didn't specify this in the image because it would look fucking autistic
>>
>>174869860
NO
GODS
NOR
MAGICKS
>>
What about mutations
>>
>>174869713

>because they're really good
>have no drawbacks

They're not.
>>
Muts aren't banned nor is quaffing so it's allowed if you're playing a Mi/Tr MuMo for example
>>
>>174870018
>Mummy
>mutations
>>
>>174870104
>if you're playing a Mi/Tr MuMo
Are you done with this meme already
>>
File: TrMo_039.png (36KB, 735x434px) Image search: [Google]
TrMo_039.png
36KB, 735x434px
no
it's impossible to win because of the hunger cost
>>
>>174870460
>brill
>>
Fired up a meme knight in PCB.

Do runes of air not add extra blows anymore?
>>
what's your favourite MuMo race
>>
>>174870696
Gray Elf
>>
what's with the pcb rakshasa's obsession with yeeks
>>
>>174870779
they mistake having a big number next to LVL with progress
>>
File: 1464466948760.png (85KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1464466948760.png
85KB, 2000x2000px
Why do you guys dislike ADOM?
>>
>>174870901
Literally nothing has been done with it for over a decade?
>>
Can you have sex with NPCs in Cataclysm DDA?
>>
>>174870901
It's the PCB to Nethack's Angband. Or maybe the Tome2. I guess SlashEM is the PCB.
>>
>>174869892
Its not in the image because it was never actually part of the challenge
You have to remember that dicks also threw artefacts into lava, but that was his personal conduct and not the challenge either
>>
>>174870848
what's the point of a yeek? grinding to 50 so you can get a stone of chaos and switch to something better?
>>
why is female the default sex btw
also where is the gender category in character creation
>>
because who run da world
girls
>>
>>174806923
The OOD issue was fixed months ago.

And you also get XP for discovering new monster types, from descending to a new level, and from some fountains.
>>
What's the most unplayably bloated roguelike I can play? I've only played DCSS so far and I've ascended a few 15 runers, but I want to play something full of horrendously bloated content. Is CDDA a good choice, or PCB?
>>
Hi I'm a very good roguelike player and have already beaten DCSS after 2 month. In this rigorous playing phase, it striked me that this game has far too much bloat. Can you suggest a game without bloat to me?

Also, no roguelites please. Only games which conform with the Berlin Interpretation
>>
>>174871974
Also it helps if it feels like a Stalker Soup mod and has a mishmash of genres and things that really shouldn't belong there but they're still around
>>
>>174872047
You're looking for PCB-R or Elona yes
>>
File: 2017-04-24 (1).png (38KB, 1061x586px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-24 (1).png
38KB, 1061x586px
I rate this teleport 9 Xoms out of 10.
>>
>>174872138
is "Okay, then." the single greatest message ever printed
>>
>>174870460
What, its easy
>>
>>174870901
We dislike the developer
>>
>>174872138
>that axe
Wtf
>>
>>174872309
It's been corroded. I still don't understand why he's wielding a literal hand axe.
>>
>>174872334
Doesnt corrosion not lower weapon bonuses anymore?
>>
>>174872334
But corr doesnt show on weapons anymore
>>
>>174872391
>>174872431
Then why is his weapon corrosion red? It's being affected by corrosion and displaying the temporary modified enchantment.
>>
>>174872479
Could be just that its cursed so its red, seeings its an artifact but a shit one, if it isnt affected by corrosion
>>
>>174872028
You can make your own pretty easy. Download the source for a version that still has linesprint, remove all races and classes but human and fighter, and then remove all monsters except for human uniques.

If that's too complicated, this was already made and uploaded to webtiles as a version called "trunk"
>>
>>174872479
maybe not the git version?

>>174872138
How do you make it that your line of sight is printed red? I always have the problem on console that I can't see what I have vision on and where not (on windows though)
>>
>>174872610
He placed an exclusion on the Oklob Plant.
The issue you have is actually a color issue, it's printing dark blue as the same color as the out of LOS dark gray
>>
>>174872138
Is that an oklob right on the lair entrance
>>
>>174872138
>still using hand axe in lair

Excuse me, I think you're lost. Webtiles is that way.
>>
>>174872661
>>174872610
Wait no, it's printing the out of LOS dark blue as the same color as the dungeon floor dark gray, you need to adjust your colors. Go into your options and put bold_brightens_foreground = true
>>
>>174872710
a +5handaxe of venom with rPois is a great lair weapon
>>
>>174872710
Well to be fair, even tho hand axes are shit, a venom brand with rPois and rF+ is pretty good for lair
>>
File: 1492938927333.jpg (79KB, 500x559px) Image search: [Google]
1492938927333.jpg
79KB, 500x559px
>Had an extremely nice run yesterday night
>Feeling giddy and happy almost couldn't sleep and woke extremely early
>Went on for a couple hours more
>Grabbed som runes
>Die to some stupid shit I could have avoided entirely
>remember I am a NEET with no purpose in life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE
>>
>>174776250
There was a suggestion to name Unseen Horrors Seen Horrors if you have sInv. That's some nethack shit though so obviously it never made it.

What am I supposed to do as a tonberry ninja against strong uniques? I'm on Azog's floor and Ugluk is here too (i haven't even seen azog) and my usual vanish and backstab and repeat strategy isn't working.
>>
File: Don't give up.png (190KB, 245x472px) Image search: [Google]
Don't give up.png
190KB, 245x472px
>>174873171
Go get yourself an apple, champ. You earned it.
>>
Kill yourself italian loser.
>>
>>174872938
Nothing in lair deals fire damage
>>
>>174873372
but you gave up on mumo
>>
>>174873470
No
>>
>>174873470
>mottled drakes
>hell hounds
>occasional fire crab
>volcano ending
>hell ending
>>
>>174873540
>but you gave up on mumo
Yeah what about it

Can't I comfort my fellow neets with apples
There's other sadsacks here you know

>>174873470
>Fire crab, fire drake

>>174873543
Woops meant to quote >>174873448
>>
>>174873652
but you can't give up on mumo dammit
>>
>>174873652
kys you samefag
>>
File: Deal with it.png (956KB, 595x597px) Image search: [Google]
Deal with it.png
956KB, 595x597px
>>174873732

Anon, I think you have a problem.

>>174873715

I did and my life's better now. I sometimes feel the urge to play but I stop myself from typing the server.
The least I can do is help out other people who feel sad.
I wonder how many people play roguelikes as a mean of escapism
>>
>>174873470
>fire dragon ending
>>
>>174873470
You can get a fire dragon lair(s) at the end, some lindwurm sometimes and often there can be that fire djinn, i forgot his name, you can get a hell ending as well so..
>>
>>174874561
>lindwurm
REMOVED
>>
File: 2017-01-29.png (2KB, 177x18px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-29.png
2KB, 177x18px
>>174872692
Yes.

>>174872218
No. Pic related.
>>
>>174871653
Alphabetical order.
>>
File: fwrWyiA.jpg (1023KB, 3418x2403px) Image search: [Google]
fwrWyiA.jpg
1023KB, 3418x2403px
What are some fun and straightforward combos to play in DCSS.
I did a 3rune clear with a MiBe and wi-ould like to try a different combo now. Something maybe a little more complex, but not too much.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>174871653
>why is female the default sex btw
that's how chromosomes chromosome
>>
>>174875136
Huh? I saw one in my runs in lair some time ago
>>
>>174876105
Play MiNe for the easy early levels and switch to Trog once you hit the temple, super fun and unique

But for real, you could try go MiHu and start with a crossbow. They actually have good aptitudes, and you can use the crossbow to deal with many threats. You still worship trog and level up axes, the crossbow will be a support weapon and be pretty good in big halls, especially when trog gifts you good ones
>>
File: tjmdcm.png (174KB, 1920x1041px) Image search: [Google]
tjmdcm.png
174KB, 1920x1041px
The only way he could have killed me and it happens..
>>
>>174876270
WHY DO PEOPLE GO TO THE LABYRINTH IS SUCKS ASS AND SHOULD LEGIT BE REMOVED
>>
>>174876420
Idk either why i still go there, legit last few times iw as in there, the best thing i gotten was a shield wasnt even a randart one
>>
>>174876248
I'm going to try MiNe, I've wanted to try a spellcaster some time.
I'll keep MiHu for later.
Thanks for the good suggestions.
>>
>>174876476
Dunno if serious or not but I feel bad for misleading a noob

It's a meme that "greater"minotaurs just play every background and just switch to trog and play like a normal MiBe then.
>>
>>174876105
let me tell you about transmuters son
you get a spell (stick to snake) that can kill sigmund, grinder, purgy, and all sorts of uniques no later than level 2 (two) [(II){sic}]
you use spidey form no later than at level 3 (tri), which can be used to kill all sorts of poisonable menaces INCLUDING but not limited to killer bees, ogres, and orc warriors
you use your 100% survival kit to reach lair at which point you unlock ICE FORM
your hits SLOW (haste yourself relative to a single target) all sorts of cold blooded enemies such as hydras, spikey frogs, all sorts of snakes, and MORE
once you suck up that free lair xp you reach your ULTIMATE form that exists in your STARTER book, also known as BLADE HANDS
it allows you to use all your slots including body armo(u)r [sic] and PUNCH with the BASE DAMAGE of a fucking DOUBLE CLAYMORE (previously known as a sextuple sword) with the attack speed and accuracy of UNARMED COMBAT all for the price of your GLOVES SLOT.
if that alone is not enough to get you a free ticket to the ORB of ZOT, fear NO MORE because the WORLD RENOWNED transmutations school also has TWO (dva) more important forms, the mighty statue form, capable of bestowing you with the defensive prowess of gargoyles all for the cheap price of a 100% (50%) speed penalty, and the allmighty, the terrifying DRAGON form, which allows you to instantly kill nearly every enemy in the game with ONE (wahad) hit, this means when hasted and 27 UC you can kill 5 enemies in 1 turn!!!!!!!
>>
>>174876641
I hope you get shot
>>
>>174876902
once again i refer you to
>>174799252
>>
>>174876953
I hope your waifu gets shot
>>
>>174876641
sounds pretty sic
how do i sing up
>>
>>174876994
i possess no waifu
>>
File: Thousand mile stare.png (125KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
Thousand mile stare.png
125KB, 265x265px
>>174877070
What kind of unholy monster are you
>>
>>174877258
i am a straight white cisgendered male, my preferences is human girls (female) with 3 dimensions no scales or fur
>>
>>174877512

Mother told me there would be days like this.

BEGONE SPAWN OF SATAN
>>
>>174877681
DELET
>>
File: Rude.png (10KB, 508x529px) Image search: [Google]
Rude.png
10KB, 508x529px
>>174877891

Go away!
I play my tooth to you Satan!
>>
>>174878379
no you go away
boys are not meant to be soft
they need to harden up and become real men
that is the way of the world
>>
>>174876641
This is the best and most accurate post except for one tiny bit of misinfo: ice form is shit and can safely be completely skipped to go straight into your ULTIMATE FORM
>>
Dear Lord somebody make a thread
>>
sorry I can't
>>
Still 15 threads to go
we've got another hour or so

Take it easy
>>
Somebody post Cheigoat to calm me I'm freaking the hell out over here
>>
Ok so I'm like level 24 and I'm playing a centipede and I haven't found any good equipment yet, my boot slots are literally empty

Where do i go
>>
>>174880325
Retire and try again with a non-meme race
>>
do not panic
>>
File: Goatfolk of Chei.png (282KB, 1203x507px) Image search: [Google]
Goatfolk of Chei.png
282KB, 1203x507px
here you go you big baby
>>
>>174880438
Thank you I feel much better now
>>
i repeat do not panic
>>
File: aghcsu.png (526KB, 1920x1041px) Image search: [Google]
aghcsu.png
526KB, 1920x1041px
:DDDDD
>>
>>174880781
Oh no not the freexp
anything but the freexp please
>>
What a noble sacrifice!
>>
centipedes are NOT a meme..
>>
File: Page 10.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Page 10.png
1MB, 1440x900px
>>
>be formed
>low hp
>no worries, i have my wand of heal w-
>you have no means to grasp it
well, then
>>
>>174884021
>can't grasp wand
So, how does Felid drink potion then ?
>>
>>174884104
either their stomach has shards immunity or they just bite the cog and lick the contents really really fast
>>
File: file.png (556KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
556KB, 1920x1080px
So, playing DOOMRL and going for the Marine/Ammochain build.

I found a Nuclear Plasma Rifle. I feel like I won already, but what mods should I put on this bad boy? Do I give it the Burst Cannon treatment for extra shots, or just load it up with all the Agility mods? Not having access to Eagle Eye makes me think the latter.
>>
>go to zul
>get hit for 700 damage by dracolisk
gg
>>
>>174885285
>>174885285
>>174885285
Thread posts: 792
Thread images: 133

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.