[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sdg/ - Steel Division General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 757
Thread images: 179

Because why not.
>>
it's good, but what the fuck is up with the filters?
>>
Friendly bump.
>>
Can you play this already?
>>
>>173254297
It's in (((open beta))). You can play it early, with a limited content roster, if you pay full price up front.
>>
>>173255458
>not playing the beta and refunding when it releases
>>
File: JSdia050.jpg (4MB, 5000x3352px) Image search: [Google]
JSdia050.jpg
4MB, 5000x3352px
>>173257523
But it's a fun game though and
>ww2 wargame with an interesting way of balancing the lack of helos/atgm/AA missiles
Despite the lack of freedom to completely move around in the map, Recon units are actually a lot more useful because the units really are almost blind because >lmao shit optics

I wonder if eugene will release another wargame under their own name like previous games or if this is what they will be considered their next big release under paradox.
>>
>>173239743
The German battlegroup with the firefly is so fucking op. The same tank microing from wargame is in here and you can min max the fuck out of it in phase A and no at gun or tank is gonna deal with it.
>>
File: 1434122971.jpg (98KB, 588x663px) Image search: [Google]
1434122971.jpg
98KB, 588x663px
I've played three games of this and I am more or less ready to refund. Main points:

> The models and effects. They're just ugly. In Wargame I always liked looking at them during lulls in the fighting, in this I very much stay away.
> The decks. It's just 1/2 units per 'Phase' and most of the units are the same. Sure, it's WW2 so it did not have that much variety, but they could have at least tried. Give different units different specialties or something, I don't know. Maybe this little sub-unit of Panzer Grenadiers is brand new and shit, and this one has experience from the Ostfront and is better at fighting tanks, or anything.
>All the battles I've played seemed to rest mostly on Phase A. Very few comebacks were made in Phase B let alone C.
> Recon seems superficial. Most of the actual fighting seems to rely on having a good Field of Vision, not actually going out and scouting. I don't know if this is because I had enough of it for the whole game but I never lacked for it. Also I joined one 10v10 and literally no one but me bought more than one recon card.
> AA seems worthless. The sky lit up with all sorts of tracers but the Enemies JU-88's just flew by, twice. Taking zero losses. Something equally stupid in Wargame would have resulted in him losing all his planes.
> Why are my tanks being forced to withdraw by some shit artillery. Artillery seems way too strong. My calliope basically stunned/pinned an entire player's army and I rolled in to destroy all of it. He had no chance at counter-arty because I just moved my Calliope.

Overall it feels like a slow paced less varied Wargame. I like the way you can see what your units will do/what path they'll take and the little visibility checker but apart from this I will likely refund the preorder pretty soon.
>>
File: 1476416356366.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476416356366.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
Pretty shit compared to Wargame Tbh
>mfw massing invincible jumbos
>>
Also the planes look like they are always at roughly 30m of altitude
>>
File: 1475081575102.jpg (23KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1475081575102.jpg
23KB, 258x245px
>mfw you can fly a plane across the width of the 10v10 map at phase C and it won't get shot down
How the fuck was this not caught in early testing?
>>
File: 1435334372778.gif (523KB, 374x354px) Image search: [Google]
1435334372778.gif
523KB, 374x354px
Wargame Planes
>Make sure no hecking SPAAGs lurk in the back
>Make sure you have a target that justifies sending in an actual plane
>Make sure you can support the plane
>Send in SEAD and hope the enemy is too stupid to turn off radars
>Send in ATGM plane for that ONE shot at the enemy Superheavy
>ATGM misses
>Single North Korean infantry shoots plane down with lucky MANPAD shot

Steel Division
>Buy Ju88's
>Brave Hanz flies in
>Bounces off AA rounds back into the AA guns, killing the crews
>Flies at treetop level in 2 engine bomber to show off his Aryan courage
>Eats Flak for breakfast
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1teoC2aMVtY
>Carpet bomb half the map
>>
>>173239743
>matchmaking
>mods
>proper campaign
but
>ww2
>no vehicle HP (wtf?!)
>can't heal infantry
>noob-friendly simplifications that are just hidden stats

fucking eugene

>>173257523
this. just play it now, refund in a month
>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Germans get a firefly in phase A
HOW IS THIS FUCKING BALANCED
>>
>nothing but wehraboos taking the firefly deck
>cant even play Germany because everybody switches to Germany because MUH WEHRMACHT
>Germans have unkillable without AT guns panthers
>Germans have a 17 AP ALLIED TANK at the start of the fuycking game that has more armor than anything besides Infantry can pen
>>
Why do people join team games than proceed to not help team mates or get mad when helped? Just stay in 1v1

>getting wrecked by Phase A German captured firefly because for some reason that was a good idea
>teammate is pushing ahead to my right
>he has perfect chance to flank it
>tell him to flank
>he tells me to deal with my own problems
>Late Phase B
>finally killed Firefly after losing most of my units
>Proceed to push and pass my dick teammate from earlier
>start encircling his enemies
>HEY FUCK OFF THIS IS MY FRONT

Also I have literally never seen Germans lose
>>
Navigating hedgerows with vehicles is a fucking chore.
>>
The unit diversity is what kills this game for me. In Wargame I can select a dozen different units for eveyr category; some are bound to be worthless but hey.

Meanwhile in this you basically end up making the same "deck" every time, with maybe the exception of a slightly different variant of a Tier B tank.

I'm pretty sure that they went for 'divsions' instead of nations so they could be lazy cunts and not have to design entire nations; they will i
nstead release units piece by piece as DLC.

As someone who has had his games ruined by paradox once before I am scared as to how they will ruin this. And I know they are only publishers, but they will still have shitty influence over Eugen.
>>
>>173278982
More like this way they can balance the damn game. The kind of decks that you have to play if you tried to play ALB or RD remotely seriously were fucking sickening.

I still remember ALB and the meta where NATO reservist spam made PACT unplayable, two guys managed to ALMOST make it work. But that's it, and they were pretty much the best players in the entire game.
>>
>>173280613
>balance
>Germans get a captured Firefly in phase A
>can one shot everything until phase C
>only thing it cant one shot is Jumbos, which are extremely limited
>by that time they can get Panthers anyways
>>
>>173280759
From the games I've played the firefly is the only thing that stops them getting utterly rolled over in phase A. It's too cost efficient but I think it's something they do need.

And hopefully when more decks are in the various matchups can start to balance out a bit better.
>>
>want to refund this trash
>already played 4 hours
>>
File: 88s in action.webm (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
88s in action.webm
1MB, 600x338px
>>173271187
Its almost as if WW2 AA was significantly less effective than cold war AA.
>>
>>173288253
desu the AA does more to prevent attacks than it ever did in ALB/RD
>>
>>173272907
Brits get AVRE in phase A. Clapistan get shit tons of Jumbos (21 armor) in phase B and C
>>
Finally got a chance to use flamethrowers.

incredibly disappointing.
>>
File: 1405614121499.jpg (150KB, 714x476px) Image search: [Google]
1405614121499.jpg
150KB, 714x476px
>play as german infantry
>hold the town in phase A and do decently
>phase B and C hit
>mfw the American blitz hits
>mfw Jumbos eating my anti tank shots
>mfw m4A3s
>mfw crocodile churchills
>>
>>173305514
At least if your SS you can somewhat hold it off with Fireflies. Luftwaffe gets jack shit.
>>
File: 1477283462571.jpg (154KB, 750x714px) Image search: [Google]
1477283462571.jpg
154KB, 750x714px
>>173305767

>Luftwaffe gets jack shit.

that's who I played as. Luftwaffe has 0 anti tank capabilities to counter jumbos unless you control the towns and forests and even then you will still get thoroughly fucked.

>everyone else picked SS and I was wondering why they would do that
>game starts and at phase B the rape train comes and my marders and AT guns do nothing
>mfw the rape train didn't stop
>>
File: 1406313879101.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1406313879101.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
>>173305960
I know that feel buddy. The best counter I've found for Jumbo spam as Luftwaffe is 88s and FWs. The FWs almost never outright kill the Jumbo, but they'll force a retreat so you can reposition the 88s.
>>
>>173305960
Right now a couple things are really making the jumbos too good.

The maps are just a bit cramped for what people are doing so they get to sit in nice corridors and just eat shots to the face and 2, there's a lot of stuff missing, I think when more divisions with more options for dealing with them come out they'll be a lot less of an issue as their guns are shite.
>>
>>173272907
Firefly only has AP, meaning they can't shoot AT guns. Huge weakness if you ask me.
>>
So it this game really worth buying at 49.99$? That seems really a lot for a beta. I don't care much about the graphics (gtx 660 here anyway) but more of a interesting gameplay. Is it arcadey game? I like Graviteam games and MoWAS so things like HP for vechicles and no realistic penetration/angling mechanics are a minus too.
>>
File: Untitled.png (83KB, 956x850px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
83KB, 956x850px
>>173308047
Move to third world countries :)
>>
>>173308047
> Is it arcadey game? I like Graviteam games and MoWAS so things like HP for vechicles and no realistic penetration/angling mechanics are a minus too.

due to the new steam things you could buy the game and try a skirmish mode and see the very basics before refunding.

personally I'd say it's worth but I have an inherit bias as I have played all of the Eugen games since RUSE. and RTS games like this are so rare that I have nothing really to compare this one too except the predecessors of Eugen Systems.
>>
>>173308363
I have Wargame: European Escalation by Eugene. I haven't played it that much because I've stupidly bought it long after it was released and multiplayer was dead already but how much would you say Still Division is simliar to it in terms of gameplay?
>>
>>173309080
a lot of the basics are pretty similar but more refined in SD, and obviously more WW2.
>>
>>173283605
Pretty sure you can raise a support ticket and get it refunded no matter time played due to it being a pre-Order
>>
All of these fucking retards complaining about how specialized divisions aren't good in every catagory.

Whats OP, is it german fireflies or fucking jumbos or arves?

They havent even released a 5th of the divisions that are going to be included in the full release but people here seem to disregard that.
>>
>>173311087
Really?
>>
>>173280613
>More like this way they can balance the damn game.
They learned how to balance the game in wrd after they started listening to players and looking at tournies. If they just figure out how to deploy patches more often than twice a year, we could have both lots of units and balance.
>>
>no one posting decks
>>
>>173316013
I mean with the tiny amount of choice it's not like it matters
>>
>>173316380
It matters whether you have one Jumbo or six :^)
>>
>>173239743
Will the beta run up to launch or will it end soon? Been wanting to buy it but see no point if it's just a few days of a buggy beta.
>>
>>173316741
It's far from feature complete. No tutorial or single player campaign yet. Only 4 divisions (like nations in Wargame) present in the game.
>>
>>173269845
>recon
absolutely essential, their view distance is way higher than other units
>>
Anyone feel the maps are too cramped? In Wargame it's few units vs few units in any given area of the map, but here it's just giant blob vs another giant blob.
>>
I-i don't really like it.
>The graphics look like shit, looking at the game is fucking depressing.
>vehicles are FUCKING SLOW and it takes all of the pleasure of armoured combat away from the game
>pure RNG tank combat instead of health
>can't replenish troops or fix vehicles
>infantry are a lot better
>AA does literally nothing half the time and if you get too close to the other guys spawn you just end up getting bombed to shit because your planes can't get there fast enough.
>deck building may as well not even exist since there's so little choice
>none of the tanks can fire on the move for some reason
>UI less clear than RD
>madmat is still a cunt

It's pretty ok. i was really looking forward to this game though.
>>
>>173317273
I agree, it's telling that even phase A is so static despite starting with half as many units as in wargame.
>>
though they gonna keep doing modern warfare, so sad, guess ill never see the urban battle.

>>173317728
>pure RNG tank combat instead of health
blimey, is this game even worth the money or our time?
>>
>Spend 25 minutes fighting phase A firefly that refuses to budge
>Spend 10 minutes hunting German units that are behind my lines racking up thousands of points
>Finally kill the Firefly
>Finally kill those units
>Finally with the use of two jumbo's encircling and with a P47 helping kill the Panther
>Push the Germans all the way back to the Saar
>Game lost by 70 pts

It feels like 70% of the game is decided in Phase A. You can absolutely crush the enemy in Phase B/C and still lose. Units that are cut off really shouldn't generate that many points.
>>
>bombers remove all my AT guns under the fire of 5 bofors and 2 tri posten
Epic.
>>
>>173316741
It runs up to launch. It's really just early access.
>>
>>173318541
Get some towed AA; they can't really kill things but they rack up suppression very quick so they're very good at stopping enemy movement. I've had two Bofors routing two Panthers.
>>
>dead
Well that was short. Farewell Steel Division, you were too shitty.
>>
>>173318541
How did they manage to make it look worse?
>>
>>173318406

It's not any more RNG than in Wargame, they just dropped the health bars following the logic that tanks didn't usually get hit several times by shells which penetrated their armour and keep fighting, so now it's OHK
>>
>>173327412
>they just dropped the health bars
WAAA we're so original we shit on decades old conventions
>>
I think the AA/Plane balance is alright considering how planes are a lot less dangerous to ground units than in Wargame. In Wargame a plane could clear an entire urban zone of an enemy infantry platoon with a single bombing run, here you'll maybe kill 3 people and suppress the rest. Seems balanced to have AA be kind of shitty against that, otherwise there would be no point to even use them since the dedicated anti-tank planes often cant' even destroy their targets and will just suppress.
>>
>>173327963

Eugen's last game was literally "90's RTS nostalgia cash-in" and it flopped, Wargame worked because it broke with RTS conventions and its uniqueness allowed Eugen to get away with incompetence, same here.
>>
>>173328257
Get fucked either way, huh?
>>
>>173328047
AA in its current state works really to either deter planes or support your own planes. Having AA on your side makes fighters wildly more effective at killing other planes.
>>
>>173328337
I hope they get fucked; MadMat is an asshole.
>>
>>173327963
I don't mind the OHK kill system honestly. Tanks aren't built to be shell sponges. Granted, I'm somewhat new to this series so I don't know how well the system worked in previous titles.
>>
>>173328835
Who?
>>
>>173325740
They reduced texture quality all round and attempted to stylise it lightly with somewhat pastel like colours, especially with foliage. Supposedly to improve performance for toasterfriends.
>>
>>173328047
Bombers delete all towed units, in wargame they would only kill some dirt-cheap infantry and even then might be dodged. Now you can systematically drop dumb bombs on AA units, which would've been a retarded proposition in wargame.

AT planes are weaker but it's less that they're bad and more that they were godly before.
>>
I hate the scale and feel of this game. I feel like I'm moving tiny little toys and making explosion sounds with my mouth instead of actually playing a ww2 game.
>>
File: 1409258456114.jpg (27KB, 599x400px) Image search: [Google]
1409258456114.jpg
27KB, 599x400px
dead division
>>
>>173317728
>none of the tanks can fire on the move for some reason
Almost all tanks in WW2 did not have stabilizers (Besides some later variations of the Sherman, and even those were mostly for the gunner to not lose sight of the target as opposed to shooting accurately on the move), so shooting on the move didn't really make sense unless you were driving at slow speed over very flat ground.
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-26+at+05.45.01).jpg (163KB, 687x452px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-26+at+05.45.01).jpg
163KB, 687x452px
>>173327963

Graviteam has no health bars for units and the game works fine, faggot. Arcade health mechanics are fucking shit and you should kill yourself for liking them.
>>
>>173333653

I mean, how does that differ from Wargame though?
>>
>>173339129
Even if you hate arcadey stuff, the no HP thing combined with a lack of malfunctions leads to similarly arcadey situations like high-armor tanks getting continuously bombed and pushing on without giving a shit.
>>
>>173341138

I just see it as the bombs not hitting the tank directly, since CAS in ww2 was hilariously inaccurate to say the least, you cannot expect airpower alone to stop an armored push. Also malfunctions are a thing, not every single penetrating hit causes a kill, you might just lose your transmission or get your driver killed.
>>
>>173341395
>not every single penetrating hit causes a kill
And that's what an HP system simulates and why having units not care about previous hits until they suddenly die looks silly.

Sure, you can model it even more accurately by adding malfunctions, but they're very unpleasant to play with.
>>
File: more stukas.webm (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
more stukas.webm
2MB, 1600x900px
>>173342074

An HP system simulates a unit being a sponge that can soak x amount of damage until it suddenly goes from 100% effectiveness to dead at an arbitrary cut off point. The current system might look silly but that's how armored combat works, you shrug off hits that don't penetrate your armor until you don't anymore and then it's all over; It doesn't work with you soaking penetrating hits until that last bit of shrapnel from the 9th penetrating hit suddenly decides to bounce around the skull of every single crewman that was uninjured by the 8 previous penetrating hits because the magical aura of HP protected him.

Even in Graviteam with its superb tank damage model Stukas have a hard time bombing tanks to death. Dumb bombs just aren't that effective against armored units.
>>
>>173342995
>that's how armored combat works, you shrug off hits that don't penetrate your armor until you don't anymore and then it's all over
You yourself just earlier said that that's not how armored combat works, if you get shot at enough you're likely to get a malfunction that forces a stop. An HP system might not include the actual malfunctions, but the stops it forces give it some amount of legitimacy over SD's system of pushing at 100% effectiveness after an arbitrary amount of 200kg bombs have exploded around you.

HEAT can also be modelled pretty elegantly with an HP system, you get hit once and then your standoff plate is done for. It's not a perfect simulation of course but it's a good compromise between gameplay and realism.
>>
File: 20170326184916_1.jpg (492KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170326184916_1.jpg
492KB, 1600x900px
>>173343830

>You yourself just earlier said that that's not how armored combat works

A penetrating hit having 100% chance of causing a malfunction or death is not the same as a penetrating hit shaving off an arbitrary amount of hitpoints from a unit until you reach a pre-established threshold at which your unit suddenly dies from a stray machine gun round. HP systems also suffer from invulnerability and field repair syndromes seen in Wargame, where a tank would advance until it took sufficient fire to drop it to 1-2 HP and then it would be pulled back and repaired to full health in a minute by a supply truck.

Case in point, the tank in the image has been hit multiple times but hits failed to penetrate the armor, only mobility killing it, in an HP system it would either be completely ok or destroyed; Since for a hit to apply damage it would have to shave off HP, causing even low damage hits to eventually destroy it.
>>
Men of War did tanks right
>>
>>173318541
>fighting Firefly
>hunting Germans

The fuck?

Is this some sort of alternative history FFA?
>>
>>173344850
Germans have a number of captured tanks. These captured tanks are superior to the allied tanks, and the allies dont even get them. Why the fuck does it make sense for Germans to have a captured Firefly, but the allies to not have a Firefly at all? Was it the only Firefly on the entire front?
>>
>>173344850

Hon hon hon, Mon'Amie in le game the Allemands have captured une Firefly so they get it but the britaniques don't. :^)
>>
>>173344571
I don't disagree that a malfunction system is more accurate than an HP system. But that's not SD's system. SD's system is at best a sidegrade to WRD.

>>173344639
I've heard stories about people doing fun stuff like pushing metal sheets to reinforce their armor, but I find the game unplayable due to the zoomed in camera and small scale.
>>
I have literally not seen Germans lose one single time since I purchased this garbage
>>
>>173345367

Git gud?
>>
>>173345565
nice edit
>>
>>173345159
>Why the fuck does it make sense for Germans to have a captured Firefly, but the allies to not have a Firefly at all? Was it the only Firefly on the entire front?

only british/canadian armored divisions have the firefly.

unfortunately the allies currently have a US armored division, and a british infantry division. The canadian armored division will definitely have them.
>>
File: 1390771841570.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1390771841570.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>>173345159
>>173345201
What the actual fuck. I had hopes for this game. My mistake, I guess.
>>
>>173345956

Less than a quarter of the divisions are currently in the beta, I'm sure there will be plenty of Fireflies on the allies side
>>
Isn't the game going to have a free french division?
If so, is french bias still a thing with Eugen? I didn't play RD but I remember back in the ALB days people were going on about it pretty hard.

Also, is there any watchable gameplay anywhere? All I've seen so far was so glaringly bad that I couldn't bear to watch it long enough to get an actual impression of the game.
>>
>>173346512

Yep, 2eme armee I think its called
>>
>>173345159
Unless it's a stand-in, I don't see why they need them either. It's not like the Germans lacked for AT capability in WWII.
>>
>>173346730
Isn't the only axis power in the game germany? They'd need all the variety they can get if half the divisions are to be german.

>>173346512
France/Eurocorps spent most of RD being a second-tier deck
>>
>>173346730

They're going off of historical T&OEs for the divisions, some indeed fielded captured and converted units in Normandy, they have Beckers Funnies in for example
>>
Luftlande Division is fucking trash, has no AT at all
>>
>>173347091

>20AP hollow charge for the pak 36
>marders galore
>10 accuracy, 250m range AT weapons in every paratrooper squad

Just don't try to play an airborne division in an open field and expect to do well, they work just fine in urban areas.
>>
>>173347091
Even your scouts have a fucking panzerschreck wehraboo
>>
>>173347517
marders are shit

20AP pak 36 round only works at 300m or less
>>
>>173346897
>France/Eurocorps spent most of RD being a second-tier deck
Did they really? All I remember from the first few months is autistic redfor screeching about them.
>>
>>173347517

>play as airborne on collembells
>get put on the fucking eastern end with the tiny ass town and nothing but fields
>while the tank divisions all go for the town
>I had to face an american tank division

we somehow won and I had most points and most deaths due to suicidal tactics.
>>
Is it worth buying Deluxe Version for +20$ to get those additional Aces? Do they give any actual advantage in the game or is something cosmetic?
>>
>>173350131

it's just skins, don't bother. You'll have plenty of DLC to buy after the game is released considering Paradox is publishing it.
>>
>>173350321
Thanks, and true on Paradox
>>
>>173327963
>huh my apcr isnt doing any damage ive shot them same spot like 20 times wtf lol?!?!?!?
>>
>>173350131
Purely cosmetic.
>>
>>173333653

>He doesn't realize that most wargames boil down to that exact thing
>>
>>173350321
>>173350452
On the units as well or just in the deck maker on the unit card?
>>
>>173350913
>On the units, but nobody ever zooms in far enough to notice
>>
File: absdisgust.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
absdisgust.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>173350131
>mfw I thought the deluxe edition meant you got all future DLC for free - like a season pass
>instead you get 4 more aces
>for 20 more dollars
>20
>dollars
>>
>>173357158
Directly from Steam:

The Deluxe Edition of Steel Division: Normandy 44 comes with the following extras:

Art Book:
A detailed look at the art and making of Steel Division: Normandy 44
Tactical Guide:
A digital book getting you up to speed with the terrain and tactics of the game.
Six Exclusive in-game aces:
Historical personalities you can deploy on the battlefield
Ernst Barkmann (Germany, Panther A tank)
Joseph Priller (Germany, Bf109A fighter plane)
Dick Winters (USA, Paratrooper battalion)
Wilfred Harris (UK, Sherman Firefly tank)
Leo Major (Canada, sniper scout)
Kurt Knispel (Germany, Tiger II)
Battle Log:
Major maps of the game and how to fight them
Deluxe avatar and icon for the Paradox forums
Unique ringtones and text message sounds
Wallpapers:
Artwork from Steel Division you can use to decorate your computer desktop
Streaming Overlays:
Steel Division themed overlays for those who stream on Twitch or YouTube.
>>
>>173358345
I know that now ya goober, I meant when I first saw there was a deluxe edition.
>>
>>173338650
They still did it.
>>
>>173346897
My ass they did. They never had super units like the US and to a lesser extent the USSR but when it came to bread and butter units eurocorps had the best in almost every category.
>>
>>173358452
Are you retarded or is English your tertiary language? Where do you get FOUR (4) aces from?

According to Steam you get

SIX (6) aces,

a tactics guide,

a map guide,

an art book,

wallpapers,

ringtones/text message sounds,

Stream Overlays and

Where is our miscommunication?
>>
>>173359679
My bad then. I assumed you got 4 more aces alongside of the regular aces making 6 total - rather it's 6 new aces alongside the other 2. As for what I said earlier my point stands, all that is not worth 20 extra dollars.
>>
>>173359961
Deluxe editions are never worth it imo. Always just a way to squeeze a few more shekels out of overhyped nerds.
>>
>>173329638
Mad.at is the community manager or something, he was also in charge of balance for wargame RD.
>>
>>173359961
Eh. Comes down to how good the art-book and guides are.
>>
File: 20170408013346_1.jpg (97KB, 1211x265px) Image search: [Google]
20170408013346_1.jpg
97KB, 1211x265px
The tank that won the war (even though we totally lost thanks to my teammates suiciding planes into German AA)
>>
File: 1459047033001.png (81KB, 251x289px) Image search: [Google]
1459047033001.png
81KB, 251x289px
>>173364879
>panther G kill
>>
>>173269845
Visibility checker?

Where can I find this valuable tool?
>>
>>173365924

Hold C
>>
>>173365990
This is really helpful. Thanks!
>>
File: 1491330797660.png (117KB, 268x322px) Image search: [Google]
1491330797660.png
117KB, 268x322px
What's the best mode boys? Destruction or Conquest? (My vote is Conquest)
>>
>>173366513

Conquest now that it doesn't depend on holding a bunch of specific zones with command vehicles.
>>
>>173364879
>Panther
noice
>>
>>173269845
>Maybe this little sub-unit of Panzer Grenadiers is brand new and shit, and this one has experience from the Ostfront and is better at fighting tanks, or anything.
They do have that though. Germans have some volks shit that take 5x suppression when under fire

>AA seems worthless. The sky lit up with all sorts of tracers but the Enemies JU-88's just flew by, twice. Taking zero losses. Something equally stupid in Wargame would have resulted in him losing all his planes.
Wow its almost like in WW2 they did have SAM's with missile tracking and planes had much more survivability

> Recon seems superficial.
Recon is much more important in this game than Wargame
>>
>>173366513
Conquest, although i kinda wish there was a display that could tell you what % of territory you own
>>
>>173370057
there is
>>
>>173368213
When you have literally all the AA you can get firing at a plane and it doesn't go down i feel that's kinda ridiculous.
>>
>>173370187
This. If I have 3 Wirbelwinds and an 88 focusing on a single P-38 flying directly overhead, it shouldn't be able to fly back home after being scared off.
>>
>>173370187
>Some Luftwaffe analysts were dubious about the huge effort involved. It was very difficult to shoot down a bomber. One Luftwaffe study estimated it took over 3,300 88 mm shells to successfully shoot down a bomber.

http://histclo.com/essay/war/ww2/air/eur/sbc/gd/flak.html
>>
I'm just happy that this game exists
>>
File: 1482308510334.jpg (91KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482308510334.jpg
91KB, 400x400px
>17 pounders
>>
I've played a shitload of wargame, but this game feels totally different somehow
>>
>>173374607
yeah it's boring af
>>
>>173380654
No way man, it's very chaotic due to there being so much to manage at once
>>
>>173381000
there's objectively significantly less micro in this game than wargame
>>
File: Untitled.png (473KB, 1207x225px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
473KB, 1207x225px
You'd think they'd learn
>>
File: tgmwjZEzlUQ.jpg (237KB, 992x992px) Image search: [Google]
tgmwjZEzlUQ.jpg
237KB, 992x992px
>played 11 games so far in 10v10
>only won 4
mfw
I've come out positive in terms of kills/deaths though
>>
>buff/change AAA deterrence to strike craft
>buff tank/ATG accuracy across the board
>give infantry defensive bonuses when pinned/stationary in open territory
>defer early quitter's units to an AI
>Cherborg map
>Caen Airport map

fixed the game
>>
>>173271187

Tradeoff is Wargame planes reload in probably a third of the time as SD planes, and SD planes are considerably more expensive than their WG counter parts.
>>
Are there any tactical servers? :^)
>>
>>173273135

>nothing but wehraboos taking the firefly deck

There's all of two deck choices and the other one is shit

It's not much of a surprise
>>
>>173348253

That was mostly because 10 point Jagers could steamroll everything else pointwise.

Then they got turned into 15 point infantry and that was it.
>>
File: 1424739177226.jpg (301KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
1424739177226.jpg
301KB, 1024x819px
88s are love desu

>>173386494
>not playing 9th LL Div to git guud
>>
>>173386718
Don't forget all the crying about the Leclerc.
>>
>>173387276
88s tickle Jumbos
>>
>>173387308
>>173386718
>forgetting the biggest unicorn of all, Fallschirmjäger '90

In fact, the only reason Chinese deck is usable is because they have French units.
>>
>>173387547
well jumbos are busted, so it really isn't the 88s fault
>>
All these Luftfags and none taking a Panzerknacker in Phase

Its almost like you dont want an ugly ungainly 7.5cm autocannon toting warbird plinking Stuarts and Shermans to death
>>
File: NAJN8JTZ6php2vwqSb87G41Jo1_500.jpg (41KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
NAJN8JTZ6php2vwqSb87G41Jo1_500.jpg
41KB, 500x434px
>>173388908
>Phase A
You can get one, and it is glorious
>>
File: 20170408151831_1.jpg (574KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170408151831_1.jpg
574KB, 1920x1080px
My first deck. I'm so happy they included captured French tanks, I hope to see some B1s. Russian guns too!

Thoughts?
>>
>>173389091
>Playing fallshirmjager division
>Not a single unit of fallshirmjagers
>>
>>173389091
B1s are in. You can see them in the trailer. I doubt Russian guns were moved to the Westfront.

No Fallschirmjäger.
Not enough supplies.
No 88s.
No recon plane.

It's like you want to be facerolled.
>>
>>173389091
>no firefly
enjoy losing
>>
>>173389602
Please use your eyes.
>>
>>173389091
let me copy this deck share it bud
>>
>>173389675
>playing as a division without a firefly
>>
File: 20170408154006_1.jpg (578KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170408154006_1.jpg
578KB, 1920x1080px
>>173389363
Are recon planes that important? I figured foot-scouts would be enough.

My logic with the infantry is that they're just there to soak up damage with the officers behind, while everything else does the killing. I'll pop a new in.

Will try fitting in more 88s and supplies. See attached.

>>173389681
Here you go buddy

Hx6SYpJykoKUQpRyk6KWIZXRleGT0ZVxlIGWEZPxlgGVUZUxlLGVQpQBkuGTAZMRlkGSwZQRlCGUMZTSlbE=

And for this new one I've tried out in the pic

Hx2SYpJykoKUQpWxlHGSwZOhlcGV0ZXhk9GVcZSClhGT8ZMilVGVMZSxlUKUAZLhkwGU0pQRlkGUMZKS
>>
>>173389363
Paratroopers are a waste of points
>>
>>173389363
Oh and the sfh 396(r) under Artillery is the Russian M-30 (r for Russian). Not a lot for sure but they're there.
>>
Where are the 10v10 servers?
>>
File: deck.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deck.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>173390246
Damn man. Your deck looks practically the same as mine! I'd recommend picking up some MG34s for area denial but if you can make the Ersatztruppen work then keep using em.
>>
>>173390713
Check your filter. There are only four and they could be in game.
>>
File: 1491530109543.jpg (21KB, 446x373px) Image search: [Google]
1491530109543.jpg
21KB, 446x373px
as always the 10vs10 map is utter shit. retarded frogs can't be assed to make a map that isn't just a flat rectangle with 10 lanes
>>
>confirmed no full Urban maps
GO HOME BOYS CAEN AINT HAPPENING
>>
How the fuck am i supposed to deal with american transport spam in villages? The lack of buildings makes i really hard to move up on them. and the buildings shields them from outside AT guns.
>>
>>173391452
Infantry-based AT of course
>>
>>173391452
Use arty to stun them. This will push up your front line, then you can commit your own infantry. If they happen to not have a commander nearby, you can capture them all.
>>
>>173391667
any half-decent player will screen with infantry and hold the halftracks out of range. the only viable counter is bring light tanks

overall airborne decks are useless because of this
>>
>>173391452
>how to deal with vehicles in urban environment
Gee I fucking wonder if anti tank weapons are useful in towns haha
>>
>>173392136
>>173391662
No they aren't, they're too short ranged.
>>
>>173392252
So the vehicles are in this perfect space where the buildings are close enough to block long-range AT, but far enough apart that short-range AT doesn't work?

Sounds uncommon. If that 'does' happen to occur you can just pull back and fight on the other 95% of the map.
>>
holy shit luftlande HS129 is great
>>
>>173392494
I was in one of the towns on sword that extends from north to west.
>>
>>173392819
>on a 1v1 map
>have HS-129 at my bottom-right corner
>see enemy has called in a spitfire
>ahh he's on the other side of the map I'll be fine
>immediately evac
>attend to other things
>'HS-129 lost'
>see it was shot down on the grey part of the map

Exactly how damn long does it take to evac?
>>
good job at making it to one day
>>
>>173393021
>Firing at Halftrack with it
>area to the left is friendly
>area to the right is enemy with 5 AA guns
>evac order because it didnt kill the halftrack in one run
>it turns right to turn around, going directly over all the enemy AA guns
>>
>>173394405
That's just bad luck
>>
File: 90mm gun normandy.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
90mm gun normandy.webm
2MB, 480x360px
My biggest complaint with the game thus far has definitely got to be the inability to see whats inside transport vehicles

I do appreciate the "what can my unit see?" button
>>
File: Untitled.png (721KB, 1201x336px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
721KB, 1201x336px
Leave tanks and commanders to us!
>>
I fucking love the way my opponent can just bomb all my aa because they don't even scare away planes and arty them because they move ridiculously slowly.
>>
>>173395406
If only this game had fighter aircraft that, in conjunction with AA, absolutely murder any aircraft facing them
>>
I think I found the problem with AA. The problem is in the targetting. The way AA targets is as follows:

1) Shoot plane until it's dropped its load
2) If there are planes that have not yet fired, shoot at them
3) If not, shoot at a random retreating plane

So what happens when a convoy of 3 planes comes is:
-Plane 1 gets shot a bit, survives long enough to drop its payload
-The moment it drops its payload, AA stops shooting it in favor of plane 2
-Plane 2 drops its payload
-AA starts shooting at plane 3
-Plane 3 drops its payload, AA keeps shooting it on the way out
-It takes as much damage as Plane 1 did on the way in (not enough to kill it)

If they switched it so AA kept on firing at its target, this would at least kill a single plane instead of just scratching most of them
>>
>>173391162

I mean, Normandy is flat aside from like 2 strategically important hills.
>>
>>173395636

Nah dude, 40 point AA should be able to shoot down 200 point airplanes no problem, that's balanced.
>>
File: 1477915184842.png (793KB, 685x632px) Image search: [Google]
1477915184842.png
793KB, 685x632px
So you are saying that the two hours gametime limit for refunds does not apply if it's a beta?
>>
>>173395636
>2 fighter planes
>they have to fly all the way from the middle of the map if you're on the wings
>they cost 140 points
>you already have reduced income
>>
>>173395741
500 points of AA should be able to shoot down a plane
>>
>>173395970
I got mine refunded past 2h
>>
>>173348253
their infantry which was their only real strength could be found in other coalitions, and then later got nerfed to fight mixed decks without buffs to make up for it

>>173350451
ww2 had heat too you know
>>
I'm trying out this Luftwaffe division against the English, but it's hell at stage A!

>one(1) useful AT gun against these high-armour tanks
>no useful tanks
>HS-129 dies in seconds against Spitfires
>Spitfires take out all my field guns

If the enemy engages me at a distance of >300m then I've already lost
>>
>>173359112
Here are some bread and butter categories EC was bad in:
Their fire support loses to btr-90/bmp-1/cv90/kafv, all of those units except bmp-1 have been around for the majority of the game. Marder 2 is the only IFV that can fight, and early in the game's lifespan it got nerfed to cost as much as a tank. They're also behind on efficient HE lobbers like the 10pt scandi thing or the CS or the CEV or an AGL. Most of the game they were stuck with the super retard for AT.

What bread and butter units did they have "best"? Only infantry, and leo 1a5, and the mirage 2000. Early when those were untouched, the coalition was arguably tier 1. Then they got nerfed, or comparable/better units were introduced for everyone else.

>>173360270
I think the idea is that there's a segment of gamers for whom money is not an object, so by introducing expensive categories with marginal bonuses, you tap into that group. Think of people who only shoot gold in WOT or who convert free XP.
>>
>>173386380
Everything is more expensive in SD, on top of income and starting points being lower. Not having to buy CVs makes up for some of that, but ultimately it still results in less units on the field. I don't like it.
>>
>>173400775

Wargame was a bit on the spammy side, instead of buying tanks in platoons of 2-4 you buy one tank at a time, the level of strategy doesnt' really suffer from that.
>>
>>173257523
Can you do that?
I thought it wouldn't allow you to get a refund over a certain number of hours played.
>>
>>173401394

That's only when you buy a game, as the game isn't out yet what you're doing is pre-ordering it and getting a beta as a reward, you can cancel a pre-order at any time before release and automatically get a refund, doesn't matter if you enjoyed the pre-order bonuses.
>>
>>173401394
the refund timer starts on the release date
>>
File: 20170405233340_1.jpg (611KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170405233340_1.jpg
611KB, 1920x1080px
At least the maps are more interesting to look at than Wargame's copy-paste industrial zones and suburbs.
>>
File: 1448532458800.jpg (83KB, 632x655px) Image search: [Google]
1448532458800.jpg
83KB, 632x655px
>mfw having played hours and hours of wargame
>mfw no idea what to do in SD

JUST
>>
>>173401671
I know this feel exactly

>600 hours played across all the Wargame titles
>still can't win a single game on very-hard as the Luft Germans
>>
>>173401671

To be fair, if you compare Wargame and SD side-by-side they show an actually realistic evolution of military hardware that happpened during the cold war. The battlefield of the 1980's would look very differently to the battlefield of the 40's, optics are shit, targetting computers are nonexistent, plane payloads are tiny, missiles are glorified fireworks, infantry AT is usually a big hand grenade, sloping tank armour at an angle is considered a huge leap in innovation.

Rule of thumb, use more infantry, they're the king of the battlefield in this a lot more than in Wargame.
>>
>>173401576
nice meme. wargame had actual terrain
>>
File: 1408068806865.gif (2MB, 550x374px) Image search: [Google]
1408068806865.gif
2MB, 550x374px
>>173401576
>someone spent time making different buildings instead of fixing the UI
>>
File: 2014-03-21_00001.jpg (548KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-03-21_00001.jpg
548KB, 1920x1080px
>>173402140

You mean "flat fields/desert with occasional mountains that are impassable to vehicles and are there to just funnel units into corridors", that terrain?
>>
>>173402140
guess what, the first one only had steps in terrain. and i bet my ass the next dlc or game will feature just that+east front
>>
>>173400643
I think i'm talking about a much earlier period because the majority of the time i spent playing rd was before the marder 2 was in the game.
But
>very strong inf in solid transports with good atgms
>rafale best fighter plane
>lots of mirage 2000
>Leo2a5 was top tier
>2 secondary superheavys in the leclerc with crazy rof
>strong lineup of bombers
>super nintendo was among the best tink killers
>ceasar
>best manpads
>strong helicopters not as strong as us/ussr though
>mistral recon
>cheap mistral aa helis
>pretty good armoured spaags
Only place i remember them lacking was radar guided missiles.
It was very solidly the best deck in the game for a while, every match half of nato or more was using it.
>>
>>173401849
The german divisions are a lot harder to play in this because the allies are so much more well rounded tbf.
>>
>>173382794
Spam=/=micromanagement

You control less units in this game but since there aren't groups you must control each unit separately so you end up microing the same amount.

Also, because you don't have as many units you have to actually be careful with your units, you can't just helo rush and jet spam like wargame.
>>
Is this a completely new engine or did they just take the Wargame:EE engine and tweak it a lot?
>>
>>173402925

IRISZOOM has been their engine since RUSE, they've tweaked it with every game as far as I can tell.
>>
>>173341138
>pushing on w/o giving a shit
Have you seen what a AT gun or AT gun does to heavily armored tanks in sd?
I've never seen inf not oneshot even jumbos. AT guns are also punishing to those who dont use arty or planes to fuck it up before pushing.

Jagdpanzer for life
>>
>>173402925
>a lot
I wouldn't even say that, it's basically the same.
>>
File: 1350594293765.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1350594293765.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
Would town "sectors" like in ALB and RD be a good or a bad thing in SD:N44?
>>
>>173403648
The towns just aren't big enough for it to work imo, teleporting infantry was annoying anyway.
>>
>>173403648

Having units occupy individual buildings rather than sectors makes more sense for the smaller scale
>>
>>173402262
no i mean large forests, hills, mountains, rivers, lakes. you know, "terrain". the only thing this game has going for it is the color palette, and that's only because RD was so shitty
>>
>>173403648
I think the current system is fine but clicking the buildings is a bit too fiddly, they need larger hitboxes or something.

>>173403487
The point isn't that tanks are unkillable [obviously], it's that it's too binary. No matter how big the strike is, either you die or you're fine without a scratch.
>>
>>173390246
Ground Recon is much slower in this game

You are mainly an infantry force. You are there to rush into and hold cities or forests.
Such strongpoints are easily cut off, but Fallshirmjägers don't care about that.
All other units take huge morale damage making them useless very fast.

Looks perfect, by the way. Time to play some games to figure out what you need for your style of play.

>>173390282
See above. You pay for extra capability.

>>173390337
Whoops. Seems I'm blind.
>>
>>173404201
But chance to penetrate is percentage based on the slope/angle of armor and the chance to actually hit.
The only time when My tanks get knocked out immediatly are when they face an AT gun or get struck from the sides.
Just be smart with your tanks and you can ensure that even lightly armored tanks can survive against superior tanks.
>>
>>173404201

But it's not binary at all, any sort of attack on a unit causes stress, even if it does no damage. A .50cal can cause a tank to retreat under pressure of constant fire even though the bullets just bounce off the armor, if the enemy fields superior armor you can absolutely keep it pinned, or at least make it shoot like shit
>>
>>173404201
Wait, are you saying that tanks are either killed or not killed? God damn, they are totally missing purgatory from their system.

Wtf eugene...
>>
>>173395373
It's really weird the Scottish get Challengers and not Fireflies considering that Challys were really rather rare and most of the ones that made it to Normandy ended up with the 7th AD, or the 11th and GAD Armoured Recce Regiments, not with the Independent Armoured Regiments or 4th Armoured Brigade that would've been supporting an ID like the 15th.
>>
A single unit of Tri postern shot down my HS 291 in a single pass

Hmm
>>
>>173404604
I also find it strange that the 15th only get "Wolverines" Achilles as opposed to a mix of standard 3 inch armed and 17 pdr Achilles TDs.
>>
>>173405206
That's not that far fetched to be fair, 3in M10s were pretty common in Normandy with the Brits, and iirc, the Armoured Divs got priority on the 17 pounders as a rule, meaning the Infantry and Tank (Churchill) units often got the 3 inchers in greater proportion. Them not having any access, even limited to 17pdr M10s is a bit dumb though and I hope they do some work on the 15th before release to give it a more accurate lineup.
>>
>>173405470
Nvm, it wasn't that the ADs got priority, it was just that IDs could only bring in Achilles of either type as Corps level support from an Anti-Tank Regt while ADs had those at the Divisional level.
>>
>>173405670
It's been a while since I've read much about Normandy but from memory the Tank Brigades had Achilles support frequently since Churchill's were rather deficient in the anti tank department.

On top of that the Achilles were used on the offensive rather than as a mobile AT that was replaced by towed artillery.

I really should read up about the Scottish corridor again.
>>
>>173406008
The Brits called both 3 inch and 17 pounder armed versions Achilles admittedly, but yes, the Tank Brigades did often receive a lot of support from their Corps' AT Regiment/s.

As for them having an offensive vs defensive role it was variable, they were often assigned to offensive actions, being more mobile than towed guns and therefore able to keep up with tanks and mechanised infantry but there are plenty of examples of them being used in more defensive roles as well. More than being particularly offensive their usage was just representative of their great versatility and mobility compared to towed guns.
>>
>>173406454
They differentiated the 3 inch from 17pdr by adding a "c" to the number, same with Sherman's.

For instance

Achilles II
Achilles IIc

Sherman V
Sherman VC

From my understanding Achilles units were mixed between the two types.
>>
>>173406683
Achilles didn't start being used as the official designation until '45 I don't think, during Normandy it was something like 3 in/17 pdr SP M10/M10C depending on the variant respectively, but a lot of the time when mentioned in reports, memoirs or other historical accounts they just called them "Achilles" or self-propelled anti-tank guns without regard for which gun version they mounted unless it was important to the specific engagement. Can make it hard to tell which ones were used by whom exactly.

And yeah, they were mixed most of the time, generally 2 towed Batteries, 1 17 pounder Battery and 1 3 inch Battery.

Anyway, I feel like we lost the point somewhere in this exchange and I think we're both basically agreeing that the 15th should get 17pdr Achilles and also probably Fireflies, even if it is more limited than what an Armoured Battlegroup has access to.
>>
>>173407096
Basically yeah.

Also do you feel that the Dingo should be in the recon slot as well? I find it really odd where it currently is.

I'm also not sure whether the Guards armoured will have the AEC armoured car which is a disappointment.
>>
File: Daimler AC I Firing, Tripoli.png (344KB, 480x502px) Image search: [Google]
Daimler AC I Firing, Tripoli.png
344KB, 480x502px
>>173407341
Dingo probably shouldn't be in Recon for the 15th, as the 15th Recce Regt used Humbers (both IVs and LRC IIIs) and Universal Carriers, the only Dingos the Division would've had would've been those used as staff cars for various officers and the like.

I'm not sure what other Divisions are coming, dunno if there's a list of them out there somewhere but I'm just hoping I can bring Daimler ACs from either the GAD or 7th AD's Armoured Car Regts as Recce for them, because I adore those little buggers.
>>
>>173407641

Here's the full confirmed list of divisions on release

Allies-

101st Airborne (American)
6th Airborne (British)
3rd Canadian Infantry
1st Polish Armored
2nd French Armored
15th Infantry (British/Scottish)
2nd Infantry (American)
3rd Armoured (American)
1st Guards Armoured (British)

Axis-

12th SS Panzer 'Hitlerjugend'
21st Panzer
Panzer Lehr
116th Panzer 'Windhund'
352nd Infantry
716th Infantry
17th SS Panzergrenadier 'Gotz von Berlichingen'
3rd Fallschirmjager Division
91st Luftlande Division
>>
File: Tetrarch with LJA.jpg (40KB, 564x450px) Image search: [Google]
Tetrarch with LJA.jpg
40KB, 564x450px
>>173407929
> No 7th Armoured
RIP my dreams of Cromwell decks. Maybe we'll get them in a Caumont Gap DLC down the line. Least I can hope for cute 6th ABD Tetrarchs.
>>
>>173408089

Was in the VIP beta where the 6th Airborne was playable, can confirm cute Tetrarchs.
>>
>>173407929

So basically the impression I'm getting is that the airborne divisions will have the infantry focus, the armored the tank focus, and the infantry divisions are the balanced middle-ground? Might be an issue, if it's anything like Wargame it'll be the jack-of-all-trades divisions which will be the most viable unless you have some proper teamwork going on where you can back up each other's shortcomings instead of simply committing to your own lane.
>>
>>173408089
What does the 1st guards armoured have? I was hoping for the same thing.
>>
>>173269845
AAA will suppress and make planes flee, if you want to kill them get fighters.
>>
>>173408502
They're going to be modeled after whatever they had irl
>>
>>173408651

Here's a stream showing them off
www dot twitch dot tv/videos/132230163
>>
>>173350321
And the power creep in the dlc thanks to eugen.
>>
>>173394405
You know you can turn off auto evac right?
>>
>>173407929
>No big red one.
Why?
>>
>>173408681
Only the 7th Armoured Division was equipped entirely with Cromwells as its primary tank, while the Guards and 11th Armoured Divisions received Shermans (mainly IIIs and Vs). All three Divisions operated their tanks in the same organisation at the Troop: 4 tanks in a Troop, one of which has a 17 pounder. The main difference is that Shermans are slower and substantially larger than a Cromwell, but with more effective armour, though if you wanted to get into the nitty gritty there's obviously a lot more to pick apart between the two.

GAD did have Cromwells in both its Divisional HQ units at some point during the war and also in their Armoured Reconnaissance Regiment the 2nd Battalion, Welsh Guards, who used Cromwells, at first in 3 tank troops with no 17 pounders, though by OMG they'd switched to basically the same setup as the 7th Armoured's regular Armoured Troops, 3 Cromwells and a Firefly, or a Challenger if you were lucky.
>>
>>173408735
Well this looks cool too.
>>
>>173409184
Oops, should be be in reply to >>173408651
>>
>>173409047
Read again.
>>
>>173408735
> Humber IIIs and IVs in the GAD, which never used them.
2nd Household Cav who acted as GAD's Armoured Car Recce in Normandy used Dingos and Daimler ACs, neither of which are available it seems. Technically they weren't part of the Division for sure, but they were attached to the GAD for basically the entirety of the campaign by the Corps and would be reattached to them officially in '45.
>>
File: 060517-F-1234S-029.jpg (201KB, 1800x1194px) Image search: [Google]
060517-F-1234S-029.jpg
201KB, 1800x1194px
>>173366513
Conquest was always better than destruction, they just made it even better by getting rid of the arbitrary zones that confine all fighting to a few small areas of the map.
>>173370057
Look under the minimap you mong.
>>
>>173404201
>No matter how big the strike is, either you die or you're fine without a scratch.

>what is stress?
>what are non-fatal criticals?
>>
File: PTGjN9n.jpg (930KB, 1942x1190px) Image search: [Google]
PTGjN9n.jpg
930KB, 1942x1190px
>>173403648
Current system seems fine, prevents infantry teleporting in order to go sanic speed though cities too.
>>
Will we have support/arty focus decks?
That was my biggest enjoyment in red dragon, just sitting behinde destroying everything with my smerch and msta.
>>
>>173411030
Kill yourself.
>>
>>173411030
Allies-

101st Airborne (American)
6th Airborne (British)
3rd Canadian Infantry
1st Polish Armored
2nd French Armored
15th Infantry (British/Scottish)
2nd Infantry (American)
3rd Armoured (American)
1st Guards Armoured (British)

Axis-

21st Panzer
Panzer Lehr
116th Panzer 'Windhund'
352nd Infantry
716th Infantry
17th SS Panzergrenadier 'Gotz von Berlichingen'
3rd Fallschirmjager Division
91st Luftlande Division

So, no. Though I imagine infantry divisions will have fucktonnes of arty slots.

also this:
>>173411173
>>
>>173411030
>>173411173
>>173411216

The airborne decks definitely have a lot of airpower slots and given how powerful planes are against AA right now there's a good chance you can be the airspam faggot who has total aerial supremacy but loses because he forgot to actually capture territory.
>>
>>173411173
are you mad or baka whyte boi?
>>173411216
that is pretty lame considering how much of an impact artillery actually had during ww2.
>>
>>173411387
>that is pretty lame
That you can't just be the faggot who only takes heavy tube artillery and thinks he's helping?

kys
>>
>>173411387

Oh no, you can bring quite a bit of artillery with you, Eugen balanced it by making the artillery have quite short range though. You won't be leaving 25-pounders in your spawn area to fire across the map, you have to actually drag the things within a few km of the frontline to hit anything where they're exposed and in danger of being destroyed. Same with the artillery observers for off-map artillery, plus those things have 3 uses each.
>>
>>173411464
How is it not helping killing several 180 points worth of tanks or killing dozens of command vehicles?
You sound like you got tubed without getting lubed.
>>
>>173411567

This isn't Wargame, artillery doesn't kill tanks and command units aren't that critical to the game.
>>
>>173411547
sounds like I will avoid this game.
>>
>>173411651

I'll miss you anon
>>
File: 2uussn00alny.jpg (67KB, 575x868px) Image search: [Google]
2uussn00alny.jpg
67KB, 575x868px
>>173411567
>How is it not helping killing several 180 points worth of tanks

>being proud of killing a few tanks
>in a game where you win by pushing a frontline
what did be mean by this?
>>
>>173411651
Good. Less useless baggage.
>>
>>173411730
thanks I'll miss you too, hugz and kizzez
>>
>>173411764
>does not know what value is
>losing up to 800 points in ONE attack to units that cost half the price
>>
File: floxEwI.png (525KB, 767x1036px) Image search: [Google]
floxEwI.png
525KB, 767x1036px
>>173411951
>support deck retard seriously thinks he's being helpful
>>
>>173411951

Just to be clear anon, are you actually playing the beta and applying your theorycrafting to the game or are you basing all of this off of what Wargame did?
>>
>>173412037
the latter.
>>
>>173412090

Then maybe you should realise that SD actually changes quite a bit of the meta from Wargame.
>>
>>173413009
see
>>173411030
>>
I hated this game at first but its grown on me.
>>

Need help with deck =/
>>
>>173414634

Post it
>>
File: 20170408174237_1.jpg (568KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170408174237_1.jpg
568KB, 1920x1080px
>>173414634
>>173414696
>>
>>173414860
A bit much infantry.
Lose the Pz4s. Get the Firefly. Get more vet Panther.
Take some phase A AA.
More arty.
>>
>>173414860
>no firefly
what the actual fuck are you doing
>>
File: fa5.jpg (125KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
fa5.jpg
125KB, 1024x577px
>>173417646
>>173417535

Which arty?
>>
>>173417798
Doesn't matter. Just more. You will needs guns and you will need them to fire all game.
>>
Guys Im pirating this out to try out the singleplayer. Should I even do that?
Im not happy about Paradox getting a small part of my 40 Euroshekels but Im thinking about buying this, should I?
Keep in mind I buy around 1 game per year.
>>
File: 20170408163818_1.jpg (590KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170408163818_1.jpg
590KB, 1920x1080px
anyone suggest any improvements?
>>
>>173418463
buy now, refund when it comes out
>>
>>173418520
don't play airborne decks
>>
>panzerfaust bounced off a Churchill
Literally what the fuck
>>
>>173418648
its not airborne though
>>173418704
>Churchill
>Not dissolving like wet tissue paper when hit
>>
>>173418781
you have unarmed transports and shit tanks. might as well be
>>
>>173418520
How will you kill plane?
>>
>>173417535

Nah, the PzGrenadiers in halftracks are very good early game, the .50 cal support really helps during the opening game when the 12 SS is weakest.
>>
>>173419094
Polstens are enough
>>
File: 1411744606079.gif (902KB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
1411744606079.gif
902KB, 400x328px
>>173419160

>Polstens are enough
>>
Anyone tried this on toasters with integrated graphics?
>>
File: 1459112327415.jpg (145KB, 1002x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1459112327415.jpg
145KB, 1002x1600px
>tfw being completly overrun by jumbospam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufk7JzW5SZk
>>
I have no idea why you guys are complaining about AA, maybe it's inconsistent but the AA shoots my planes down with a single unit more than half the time
>>
>>173419316

Supposedly works on HD3000
>>
File: 20170409015208_1.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170409015208_1.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
I can't do it, I just can't fucking beat the VH AI!

He took about 350pts worth of losses in exchange for 650 of my own, 200 of which was the HS

I don't fucking know what it is!
>>
>>173418543
can you refund it when it come out?
>>
File: be3.jpg (40KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
be3.jpg
40KB, 623x414px
>>173419295
>in a game earlier today
>4 Bofors +humber behind front line
>BF 109/rockets flies over
>AA shoots at it
>ToT 30s
>Doesnt get shot down
Explain this please
>>
>play as Americans
>my planes can attack ground targets and leave no problem
>play as Germans
>Planes ALWAYS get shot down by AA, no exception
>>
File: 1486501746293.jpg (99KB, 908x714px) Image search: [Google]
1486501746293.jpg
99KB, 908x714px
>its another naziboo episode
>>
File: Wehraboos.gif (2MB, 1064x734px) Image search: [Google]
Wehraboos.gif
2MB, 1064x734px
>>173420469
>>
>>173418520
the crocodile is the second best tank anybody can get in phase A. it trades poorly with fireflies (the AVRE does better there, being impenetrable and having a shitload of suppression damage), but it's worth considering over the second card of supply trucks in my opinion. I barely use any supply in SD so far at least, a lot less than in wargame. also, a card of challengers might be a good idea for the mobile 17 AP, but you have enough towed 17-pounders that it's probably fine if you don't.

>>173419094
>>173419160
>implying there aren't perfectly fine multiroles in the deck
the rocket typhoon is faster than the fighter spit and has better air-to-air guns. you lose experience and maneuverability, and it costs more of course, but it's not dead weight if the opponent isn't using air.
>>
File: 1447241420527.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1447241420527.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>173420469

>YFW the German singleplayer campaign will be from the POV of the 12th SS and will star actual teenage warcriminals
>>
>>173420568
Is that supposed to be anti-German with half of it actually being true?
>>
>>173420871
i hope eugene and paradox get mossad'd
>>
>>173420727
i only take supply trucks because my 25 Pdrs run out quite often, and i often need spare ones as quite a few get destroyed in counter battery fire. not sure about the challengers, i prefer the Wolverines for mobile AT
>>
>>173420727
experience is really important for fighters, doubly so for fast planes that can't tail indefinitely
>>
>>173421035

Keep in mind supply trucks can tow deployed assets so you may want to keep them around just incase you feel like repositioning an AT gun fast.
>>
Should i be asshole that goes into multiplayer without beating AI?
>>
>>173421434
Yes. AI plays completely differently to players.
>>
>>173421434
Haven't played SD yet but if the AI is anything like Wargame's it's pretty fucking dumb and playing against it a lot can actually build bad gameplay habits.
>>
>>173421434

If you're playing 10v10 it won't matter one bit what you do
>>
File: THIS.gif (1MB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
THIS.gif
1MB, 400x286px
>>173421538
>>
>>173421538
>>173421573

To be fair the AI plays much better than in Wargame.
>>
>>173421205
in my experience, they almost always get the kill either way

I do use the fighter spits for the lower price and 2/card, but I don't think it's at all unreasonable to rely on fighter-bombers for AA. I do that with rocket jugs in the 3rd armored, partly because they only get 3 air slots, but still.

>>173419809
I think part of that might be that americans get a lot of incidental .50s, which can target air. they really add up later on.
>>
Anyone know how the Panzerwerfer compares to the Wurfhamen in game?
>>
Is this more casual than Wargame? I like the gameplay of the Wargame series but I like to look at my planes blow shit up and not get carpal tunnel from microing
>>
>>173422845

It's smaller scale so it feels like there's less APM involved, in terms of actual depth and strategy involved it's not any more casualised.
>>
>first game in multiplayer
>oh look 4x4
>2 guys in your team left on second minute of the game.
>>
File: 28342722416_cc6e98587a_h.jpg (604KB, 1600x1305px) Image search: [Google]
28342722416_cc6e98587a_h.jpg
604KB, 1600x1305px
>>173422845
It's less micro intensive and slower paced. It can still be pretty intense but there are a QoL bunch of features to help you;
>can issue orders during deployment
>can give a 'fastmove and unload at this loaction' order
>can give 'only return fire' commands
>can press R to retreat a unit if it's getting pounded
>there's a tool to see LoS exactly, so you can tell if your tanks are out of the way of an AT gun, etc

However I don't think it's any more casual than WG, in some ways it seems less so;
>no more clown cars, small transports can only carry small squads
>separate HE, AP & smoke ammo
>can't repair critical damage to tanks, ie: if you're detracted or have broken transmission then you're stuck that way
>can't reinforce infantry squads

and probably loads of other stuff too
>>
Anyone else have biases for and against tanks from playing games like War Thunder? I keep expecting my Churchills to be indestructible.
>>
>>173424559
>I keep expecting my Churchills to be indestructible.
desu they're pretty fucking tanky from the front. And the Jumbo is just insane.
>>
File: craters.png (1MB, 1190x529px) Image search: [Google]
craters.png
1MB, 1190x529px
>>173422145
did some quick testing. they each fire half their ammo in an uninterrupted barrage (10/20 for the panzerwerfer, 6/12 for the wurfrahmen). they have similar spread at similar range. the wurfrahmen seems to have a significantly faster aim time, which you don't see on the cards.

the wurfrahmen only has 1 more HE on the stat card and fires fewer total rockets, but the AoE score being almost twice as much makes a huge difference, allowing more of the rockets to deal damage and setting a larger area on fire. in the screenshot, the craters on the left are wurfrahmen, the right are panzerwerfer. and of course, the wurfrahmen gets that MG, which is actually something in this game.

in short, the wurfrahmen seems to be a hell of a lot better in all but range, which makes sense given it costs more and comes out a phase later.
>>
File: 1459128280952.png (384KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1459128280952.png
384KB, 526x526px
>it's an air superiority achieved episode
>>
File: 1429923853301.jpg (105KB, 334x290px) Image search: [Google]
1429923853301.jpg
105KB, 334x290px
how do i get gud using AT guns?
>>
>>173428508

Hide them in bushes, have recon near them.
>>
>>173428508
Place them in the middle-furthest defence line, inside a bush. Hold down C to ensure you have line of sight.

Also have recon infantry in your front line set to return fire.
>>
>>173239743

I really like it so far. Even more than Red Dragon
>>
>>173428508

Have a command unit near the more important AT guns, it provides something like 15% increase in ROF, aim improvements and resistance to stress, all things you absolutely need for a slow-firing AT gun that has to kill on the first shot.

It also helps if you have an MG unit nearby to nearby (but not too close) to both draw enemy fire and stress the tanks you're going to fire on. Those support tab units are pretty useful.
>>
File: hs-129-cockpit0ir6z.jpg (182KB, 722x785px) Image search: [Google]
hs-129-cockpit0ir6z.jpg
182KB, 722x785px
>>
>>173432461

>Children's television villain Robbie Rotten looks out of his underground lab, plotting musical mischief (Lazy Town, 2014, black & white)
>>
>>173320009

Well launch is in a month, 23rd of May
>>
>>173432939
The game fucking sucks how can they launch
>>
>>173420873

>wehraboo spotted

But seriously there's one of those for every nation
>>
File: 1438842135294.png (552KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438842135294.png
552KB, 1920x1080px
more like Steel Ded
>>
File: 5b8.jpg (180KB, 1406x2099px) Image search: [Google]
5b8.jpg
180KB, 1406x2099px
>playing german in 4x4
>going into city
>see AVRE
>oh, boy it's will be easy
>Bringin Bef. Panzer C II and Beute Cromwell
>Both of them doing 20 shots all missing fucking AVRE
>AVRE doing 2 shots, both kills.
>Fucking unstopabble AVRE going through my line right into my base
>Phase B, Good Lord i'm going to kill faggot with my Bef.Panther.
>Bringing Panter.
>BOUNCE, BOUNCE, BOUNCE, BOUNCE
>oh, my fucking god. Call in Jagdpanzer IV
>BOUNCE, BOUNCE, BOUNCE, BOUNCE
>What the fuck?
>Bringing Firefly and another Panzer II C.
>After another 10 shots, fucking AVRE dead.
>>
more divs when?
>>
Does anyone have a screenshot of the Aces or something? Are they even in the beta? Do they have different voice work or is it just a skin?
>>
>>173423637
>can't reinforce infantry squads
This is my only gripe with the game so far. Other then that I'm diggin this game.
>>
File: 6jqju2dhpeky.jpg (359KB, 1639x2048px) Image search: [Google]
6jqju2dhpeky.jpg
359KB, 1639x2048px
>>173441802
AVRE has like 15 frontal armor. It killing your tanks is impossible, though. It only has HE shells. Perhaps it was a Crocodile instead?
>>
>>173423637
>Can issue orders during deployment

How?
>>
File: 1422223204774.jpg (774KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1422223204774.jpg
774KB, 1280x960px
>>173443910
>Do they have different voice work

God I really hope not, that would be fucking stupid

>Click on a Canadian scout unit in the middle of combat
>"Hi, I'm WW2 legend Leo Major, there's a street in Holland named after me!"
>>
File: 1484966990277.png (239KB, 372x508px) Image search: [Google]
1484966990277.png
239KB, 372x508px
Why does the American armored deck get the best infantry for their price tag?
>>
File: No escape.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
No escape.gif
410KB, 221x196px
>be in phase C
>40 mins in
>Both teams fucked
>stalemate
>Recce says nothing up road
>send churchill up
>Passes between 2 hedgerows
>88mm and panther G pop up
>both start rotating
>Churchill to slow to fucking move
>MFW
>>
>>173445135
they aren't demoralized yet
>>
>>173444574
I dunno

https://youtu.be/4XcxgnQMX2k
>>
I am pretty sure the AI gets unlimited units.
>>
Man. Phase A plane spam is OP af esp. if the opponent doesn't have enough recon.

They start over-investing in triple A once phase B start and you fuck them up with arty and mortars.

Alternatively, you push with armour and inf.
>>
File: IMG_0175.jpg (64KB, 382x597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0175.jpg
64KB, 382x597px
Since this game is getting mod support what kinda maps would you like to see?
>>
>>173445937
Try buidling a deck with just one unit and play against it on Skirmish and test that idea
>>
>>173446001
Auschwitz
>>
File: 1466800367189.gif (94KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1466800367189.gif
94KB, 500x275px
Is the PaK 88 the only worthwhile AA gun for the germans? The rest just doesn't seem to do jack shit.
>>
>>173445776

>20 armour

Jesus.
>>
>>173446249

Overall other triple As are there to deny scout planes and dedicated ground attack planes.

Whirbelwind is decent as an IFV and when supported by flak 88 causes enemy planes to retreat before dropping their payload.

Doesn't do shit if they swarm your defenses with planes though.
>>
>>173446321
So, 20 armour phase A unit. How i supposed to counter it?
>>
>>173446321
>Avre has 20 armor
>The other Churchills have the same armour as shermans,and dissolves like wet tissue paper when hit
Can someone explain why the churchill has such shit armour for what it is?
>>
>>173446001
> mod support
Really? Thank god, we might get a mod which makes the battlegroups historically correct.
>>
>>173446682

Only by flanking it
>>
>>173446682
Bomb it
Flank it
Use infantry
Use anti-tank guns
Use anti-air to panic it
They only get ONE
>>
File: 1461559511447.png (475KB, 1646x904px) Image search: [Google]
1461559511447.png
475KB, 1646x904px
>>173446682
Hmmm if only you had a unit with a lot of firepower that you stole from the Canadians that was available in phase A
>>
>>173446815

HS 129 B3
>>
File: 10447048.jpg (42KB, 492x271px) Image search: [Google]
10447048.jpg
42KB, 492x271px
>>173446716
>main menu has a greyed out mods section.
>>
>>173447638
I was still on the fence about buying it and hadn't taken notice of the main menu in any of the gameplay videos I watched.
>>
>>173446321
>>173446682
Just HEAT it bro.
>>
>>173446064
So medium difficulty gives them as many as the card says.

Very hard doubles the amount on the card.

Play mismatched such as 4 v 1 is another multiple on top of the difficulty.

So a x4 card will give the AI 32 units when it is very hard and a 4v1
>>
Consider the following theoretical gameplay scenario:
10v10
All the Germans pick the FS
All the Germans have a deck filled to the brim with Einsatztruppen
All of the Germans spam all of their Einsatztruppen

How many men would flood the battlefield?
>>
>>173448820

Ersatztruppen anon, not even Eugen would have the balls to put playable Einsatzgruppen in the game
>>
File: sweating.jpg (108KB, 301x903px) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
108KB, 301x903px
>>173448820
>>173449005
"Einsatzgruppen (German: [ˈʔaJnzatsˌɡʁʊpn̩], "task forces" "deployment groups") were Schutzstaffel (SS) paramilitary death squads of Nazi Germany that were responsible for mass killings, primarily by shooting"
>>
>>173448820
>Einsatztruppen

Not going to happen.
>>
File: 1466513206649.png (13KB, 427x492px) Image search: [Google]
1466513206649.png
13KB, 427x492px
>You will never play a videogame where you ARE the right wing deathsquads
>>
>>173449441
Silent Storm?
>>
>>173446683
Because it's British and Eugen is French
>>
>>173434423
When only an 1/8th of the game is playable right now and when its launched the 7/8th will be available.
>>
>>173449005
Even if they will be able to do so. It's completly retarded. It's just a squad to kill civilians not some rambo cheeky breeky ninjas beating the shit out of everyone.
>>
File: 1479077655110.jpg (27KB, 323x322px) Image search: [Google]
1479077655110.jpg
27KB, 323x322px
>>173448820
>Einsatzgruppen
>>
>>173448820
All Allies are using french resistance spam
>>
>French resistance unit
>Spawns a 10 strength infantry unit with nothing but rifles and the easily suppressed trait SOMEWHERE on the map
>Costs 10 points

Would you take it?
>>
>>173451194
If by somewhere it meant inside a building or in one of the dense patch of woods, then yes. If it was shit like spaning in fields hedgerows, then now
>>
>>173451194
Only if when you or an ally summons a second one you instantly lose control of both as they begin hoarding weapons to fight each other.
>>
File: 1466772872232.png (706KB, 804x884px) Image search: [Google]
1466772872232.png
706KB, 804x884px
>American airborne unit
>Arrive in plane transport which they jump from

>Entire British regiment built around this tactic (like in Company of Heroes)
>Light tanks in self-crashing planes to drop behind enemy lines

The possibilities of this game are limitless if only Eugen would have some imagination
>>
File: 1417005762649.jpg (991KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1417005762649.jpg
991KB, 1920x1080px
This thread is only a shadow of it's former shit posting self.
>>
File: 1477248393379.jpg (72KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477248393379.jpg
72KB, 960x960px
>>173452481
The game's only been in preorder beta for like three days give it some time dude the memes still need to gestate
>>
File: 1452555010616.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452555010616.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>173452648
Also a lot of the old crowd isn't here yet.

From the sound of it there wasn't much fixed between the closed beta and now. And it doesn't feel like SD44 will ever give me the amount of units on screen I wanted.
>>
>>173452481
This isnt a general for wargame, so fuck off
>>
>>173452481
There isn't a general for wargame, so please stay
>>
>>173453491
>>173453749

Either way, i am sure the core playerbase is the same, I don't own SD44 but i'll stay in the thread to see if it turns out good.
>>
IF THE GERMANS HAD A SINGLE MODERN STEALTH BOMBER WITH ALL THE MUNITIONS AND FUEL IT COULD EVER NEED, WOULD THEY HAVE WON THE WAR?
>>
>>173454697
Germans are inherently bad at war, resource management, intelligence and production. They couldn't have won the war even if they had the entire modern American tank fleet and air force.
>>
>>173454697
no you fucking idiot
>>
>>173455008
>Take on the world and win for three years in a row until you run out of bullets to shoot Russians with
>GERMANS ARE BAD AT WAR
>>
>>173455296
>getting half the world to declare war on you
>DUDE GERMANS ROYALLY FUCKED UP BUT THEY DID SOME DAMAGE CONTROL SO IT IS ACTUALLY PROOF THEY ARE GOOD AT WAR
>>
>>173455008
Hitler and Co. retarded shenanigans aside, it's a nation that fucked with half of the world for years, then 20 years after getting rekt did it all over again. Bombed to shit, economy in complete ruins, divided between victors, half of the country an absolute shithole that needed insane amounts of dosh to bring to the level.

And it's still a major player.
>>
File: sd2.jpg (1MB, 2558x1045px) Image search: [Google]
sd2.jpg
1MB, 2558x1045px
>tfw Eugen finally made it worthwhile to frow rike mogol
>>
Anyone here capable of putting together a 17 pounder crewman pepe?
>>
>>173456136
>frow rike mogol
What does this mean
>>
So what's the consensus?

Is this game a decent enough, smaller scale WW2 Wargame?

Is it FUN?
>>
>>173456341
The eternal advice from /wgg/ for new players was to "frow rike mongol" and just drive around the enemy when attacking him. However the game design in Wargame never really allowed that due to the fact only certain zones on the map gave you points.
>>
>>173456343
Not really fun. Completely unbalanced, no point to phases because if you lose in Phase A you wil llose the game.
And Germans get a firefly in phase A, completely outclasses all allied tanks
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (195KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
195KB, 1280x720px
With how planes are pretty much unkillable, I think it's about time for the GET BOMBED meme to make a comeback.
>>
>>173456343
I actually like it.

It's mechanically sound with everything I ever wanted from wargame. Balance will improve but I don't think it's terrible atm.

Bad thing is that it runs like ass compared to WG whilst looking no better, or even worse.
I also don't like the icons, I need an option where I just see the unit name.
I guess all the little numbers and details on the icons above the unit is helpful for noobs, but some of us would really like an option to just have the name like in WG
>>
>>173456343
I like it a lot. What people seem to be forgetting is that IT'S A BETA. The final game will have EIGHTEEN DIVISIONS. We currently have FOUR.
>>
>>173456848
>With how planes are pretty much unkillable
t. never buys fighters
>>
File: 1471144297233.png (172KB, 260x325px) Image search: [Google]
1471144297233.png
172KB, 260x325px
I wish there were some tanks that could cut through tree-hedges to form new approaches to enemy strongholds. Or just that trees would disappear after getting bombed enough. Didn't Red Dragon have something similar to this with napalm?
>>
>>173456960
Do you only get paid if you put those words in caps?
>>
>>173457216
No, you're thinking of WiC.
>>
>>173457409
When will WiC get a proper sequel or a WW2 version that isnt shit
>>
File: 1483905725228.jpg (64KB, 736x682px) Image search: [Google]
1483905725228.jpg
64KB, 736x682px
>>173457240
No, your mom pays me on an hourly basis. Bullying her son online just adds satisfaction.
>>
>>173454697
>Ho229
>stealth
>bomber
>not overrated
pick one
>>
It looks like a dumbed down shitter version of WG without any of the complexity or interesting unit selection.

Graphically looks like ass, apparently runs like ass, way too small scale for a WWII game.
>>
>>173457907
>way too small scale for a WWII game.
Men of War is smaller scale and the gameplay is infinitely better
>>
>>173457907
>dumbed down

But anon, SD is more complex in a myriad of ways, like how there's differing ammo for smoke and HE rounds. Plus the current iteration is way more punishing towards mistakes, with no repairing and no reinforcing.
>>
>>173457907
>dumbed down
>actually has a very basic armor system which is better than HP bullshit
>real frontlines
>planes need to actually fly away for a bit when evac instead of just zipping straight up then disappearing
>>
>>173456090
It's a nation with 4 times the natural resources and more developed industrial infrastructure than the Soviet Union, who managed to get outproduced by it simply because of how pants on head fucking retarded and bad at production they were.
>>
File: War_Games_General_2.png (2MB, 1218x1912px) Image search: [Google]
War_Games_General_2.png
2MB, 1218x1912px
>>173457907
>dumbed down
It doesn't have 2000 units of which people only use about 400 I'll give you that.
>>
Reminder that RD literally has healthbars.
>>
>>173458498
I liked health bars more than this
>>
>>173457907
>interesting unit selection
my inner wehrboo says otherwise
>>
>>173458998
Guess you are a casual shitter then
>>
>>173458110
>>173458245
>dude it's more complex because there's TWO WHOLE AMMO TYPES WOW!

they removed a bunch of gameplay elements and automated the rest. you have to be a literal retard to think this shit is deeper than wargame

>>173458498
you think rng is better
>>
>>173459181
How is armor deflecting shots RNG?
>>
>>173459179
Not really, but i am not a pretentious shitter who thinks that a system is more hardcore because it doesn't have health bars.
>>
>>173458245

You named like 2 things that SD has that WG doesn't.

I don't even have to list the amount of game play options you have because of the time period WG is set in.

All the game play I've seen of it, its like fucking 10 units in a town looking at each other. Really good for a WWII game lmao
>>
>>173459308
you think this is a sim? read the info tabs, AP vs armor is just a modifier on a dice roll to 1hk the target
>>
File: 1480968907064.png (894KB, 1750x1750px) Image search: [Google]
1480968907064.png
894KB, 1750x1750px
>>173459181
>>173459619
>This one guy that got stomped by the SS and got so butthurt he has to shitpost about it in the general
>>
Why do churchills have the same frontal armour as shermans?
>>
>>173460626
French devs are French.
>>
>>173460626
because SELECTIVE HISTORICAL ACCURACY lmoa
>>
>>173460626
>>173460720
>>173460738

Chruchill armor isn't that good irl. It's functional thickness isn't too far from the 43-44 pattern Shermans.
>>
>>173460291

I don't own it and don't plan on owning it because it looks like shit compared to wargame
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 224x225px
>>173461304
>Shitposting in a general about a game he doesn't own about how he hates this game that does not affect him in the slightest because he does not own it
>>
>>173461649

>discussing things I don't find attractive about the game is shitposting

kill your self.
>>
File: 1473191626690.jpg (73KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473191626690.jpg
73KB, 600x800px
>Try to appeal to normie """RTS""" players
>Realize normies don't play strategy games
>Come crawling back to actual strategical minds

Did we just make Eugen our bitch or what?
>>
>>173461791
>Try to appeal make a low effort sequal to a game that was innovative by making it have less features and story than the first game
>Realize their reputation was tarnished because of their poor management of balance, false advertisement and community.
>Decide to make even lower effort game by appealing to the dumbest easiest audience in the game industry.
>Wehraboos

No eugen just decided to market their game more directly to their main audience, meme spouting Trump supporters and closet nazis.

Watch how Eugen is going to save their business by making drooling idiots buy their favourite SS elite ubermensch division DLCs post launch. The "Rommel should have won the war in Africa" expansion and the "exterminate subhumans on the eastern front" full price expansion in a year.

Eugen knows who will buy their game just fine.
>>
>>173460626
Because the 1944 Shermans were pretty decent,

The real question is why does the AVRE get loads of front Armour when it didn't have any more than a normal Churchill?
>>
>>173460940
Depends on the mark, IVs had between 103 and 190mm of armour on the Upper Plate, specifically, the drivers hatch side was 103 while most of them had substantial applique plating applied to the hull gunner side to increase it to 190ish.

Admittedly it was dead flat, but games often overvalue sloped armour because they don't take into account the normalisation effect especially prominent on APC/APCBC rounds as well as the fact that shells don't usually come in at a 90 degree angle in combat, but rather 'drop' somewhat into the plate, which can defeat some of the sloping's advantages. Not to say that sloping your frontal armourd doesn't offer definite benefits, but because games often don't simulate normalisation/shell penetration in general very well (because it's very complicated and super context variable) and combat often happens at excessively close ranges, even by Normandy standards, sloped front tanks often come out looking better than they should next to their flat armoured compatriots.
>>
>>173462583
Why does the 3 different versions of the Panther all have different front armour values?

Eugen has zero system for determining unit stats. Unit stats are just what they feel like. Ayyy flavour hon hon
>>
>>173462227
>reddit spacing
>reddit opinion
You need to go back.
>>
File: wgg.png (562KB, 567x709px) Image search: [Google]
wgg.png
562KB, 567x709px
>>173462886
So you are saying you spend so much time on reddit that you feel confident that you can decode the type of spacing people use on reddit, even when they post somewhere else?

I don't think I have ever seen a redditor reveal himself in such a retarded way before, please leave.
>>
>>173462756
Yeah, hopefully modders will fix this shit post launch. If anything the later Panthers should get worse front armour as their steel quality became so spotty that it dropped in certain late war batches to the point of armour shattering or suffering massive spalling from hits.
>>
What if they merge Steel Division and Wargame together? A single game where you can order cheapass WW2 units or super expensive third generation stealth fighters for a billion points that soar through flak and demolish WW2 fighter planes?
>>
File: 85mm vs Tiger at Balaton.jpg (48KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
85mm vs Tiger at Balaton.jpg
48KB, 600x417px
>>173463528
That wasn't because of poor steel, that's just how hardened armour works in general.
>>
File: panther side armour failure.jpg (43KB, 693x400px) Image search: [Google]
panther side armour failure.jpg
43KB, 693x400px
>>
>>173464157
Pretty sick shot shooting the muzzle brake off that panther.
>>
>>173463883
Well i mean wargame had t34s and shermans and they were worthless.
>>
>>173463883
The fundamental mechanics are too different for them to bother methinks. What would even be the point other than so memer youtubers could make A-10 vs 109 dogfight videos?
>>
Can you guys post the best /wgg/ memes? I joined just as it died.
>>
File: grid.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
grid.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>173464874
>>
Wait so are we bringing back /wgg/ but without plane fags this time?

Will I finally have a place to post hexshit
>>
File: 1436963984250.jpg (50KB, 342x377px) Image search: [Google]
1436963984250.jpg
50KB, 342x377px
>>173465186

>that vietnam memorial one

my sides have left the observable universe

fuck im genuinely depressed that i got into wargame this late, I feel like I missed out on some good ass shit posting.
>>
>>173465498
No planefags
No artyfags
No NATO ATGM spammers
Just pure whoregame
>>
Does anyone have a list of chat codes for this? saw a guy post a nazi flag a while ago.
>>
hello /wgg/

Why do so many people set the CP to 200 in Robz mod? It is fucking shitty and just turns all the games into chaos instead of an actual game
>>
File: 1491636031895.jpg (259KB, 1090x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1491636031895.jpg
259KB, 1090x1074px
are frogs allowed here?
who here likes ralfidude?
>>
File: Wargaming.gif (1MB, 629x472px) Image search: [Google]
Wargaming.gif
1MB, 629x472px
>>173465498
We're back Tovarisch
>>
File: 88.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
88.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>Want to play Vanilla MoW
>Everybody is playing RobZ
>Turn on RobZ
>It is all either 1v1's or team games with 200 CP and 50000 MP
>Even if I do get into a game Robz Crashes so much I wont be able to finish it

Is there anything better than Banzai charger spam on hilly or urban maps?
>>
Does anybody have the /wgg/ OP pasta
>>
>>173339129
>>173342995
>>173344571
which graviteam title is this?
>>
>>173467179
Mius front probably
>>
File: 1466414120376.jpg (789KB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
1466414120376.jpg
789KB, 1500x938px
anime?
>>
>tfw possible North Africa or Russian Steppe DLC

m-muh dick
>>
>>173468171
I'm looking forward to north africa and more open terrain

turns out hedgerows are just fucking annoying in videogame form too
>>
File: 1420940159487.jpg (771KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
1420940159487.jpg
771KB, 1200x849px
>/wgg/ is coming back together (kinda)
thanks france
hitler smiles upon you
>>
>>173468431
>hedgehell
it's mostly total shit on Point-du-Hoc

Sword and Corellwhatever are pretty great
>>
>>173435209
Really. Show me.
>>
>>173469221
Not that guy but I've seen one for every Axis nation and Russia
>>
>>173465498
i give it 2 months tops or until they start spamming paid DLC divisions, whichever comes first

>>173467731
sure, but you have to kys yourself first
>>
>>173468687
>even including the cutter that many jeep drivers demanded

nice
>>
>>173469543
Are they half bullshit, half truth just as the German one is?

If so, then I applaud the dedication.
>>
>>173466791
>What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical war games that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals. ARMA need not apply.

>Old thread
>>137206151

>Attention Grabbing tags:
/wgg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Wargame: Red Dragon
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Beasts
Steel Panthers MBT
CMANO

>Graviteam DLC:
http://pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Interesting history links:
Cold War military technology ads:
http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/military-ads-1980s
/wgg/ misc Cold War literature:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zfm69f0k91pmf0y/wgg-lit-v1.3.rar
The Soviet Army: troops, organization & equipment
http://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf
USMC intelligence North Korea handbook:
http://fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nkor.pdf
Everything there is to know about the T-62:
http://thesovietarmourblog.blogspot.my/2015/12/t-62.html

>Steamgroups:
/wgg/ old group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/VG-Wargamers
/wgg/ new group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dedgamededthread
Uralmod official group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Uralgraznomod
/wgg/ Men of War / Call to Arms Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ReReaGa

>Teamspeak server
uralmod.typefrag.com:7495

>Legacy Wargame General pasta and game-info repository:
http://pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m (embed) (embed) (embed)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/
>Mius Front Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9C_KBrk6cmCcTBmN0lqNG9ocVE/view
>>
Can someone seriously tell me how to push to victory as the Luft division against AI Allies on VH?

Even in the one game I do manage to kill well (1500 killed for 1100 lost), I do pitifully in conquest points (8 vs 2000)

Relying on just infantry and field guns is a hell of a thing
>>
>>173472184

I like this although I'd obviously add steel division since its the hot new meme right now.
>>
>>173345849
That still doesn't make sense. Following Div ToEs are one thing, but there's a lot of independent armoured brigades that supported inf divs with fireflies.
>>
Covered in dust edition

>What is this?
A general for all strategic, operational, and tactical war games that can't generate enough traffic to sustain their own generals. ARMA need not apply.

>Old thread
lost to the ages

/wgg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Panthers MBT
CMANO

>Graviteam DLC:
http://pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Steamgroups:
/wgg/ old group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/VG-Wargamers
/wgg/ new group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dedgamededthread
Uralmod official group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Uralgraznomod
/wgg/ Men of War / Call to Arms Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ReReaGa

>Teamspeak server
uralmod.typefrag.com:7495

http://pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lon0cgmjfqwq1oi/WargameRD_Hidden_Knowledge_Spreadsheet.xlsx?dl=0
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UvBiH3lrCFzLYnRzNzF49yVtaNHYLfi7dgMpNE517RM/
>Mius Front Link:
>>
>>173472530
Change the teamspeak.
>ts3.nogf.moe
We use this to play Steel division and MOWAS regularly.
>>
File: TIGERSTRONGK.jpg (109KB, 676x448px) Image search: [Google]
TIGERSTRONGK.jpg
109KB, 676x448px
>when your tiger placement was on point
>>
>>173472354
Try parking AA guns in places you might put an AT gun. Also you should never not have an aircraft running a mission
>>
>>173472530

Whats going to be the name, /wgg/ war games general?
>>
>>173472354
Oh and smoke mortars ofc
>>
>Steel Divition: Ost Front when?
>>
File: Damn_good.gif (320KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
Damn_good.gif
320KB, 500x200px
>Panzer crews will sometimes sing the opening to Panzerlied when selected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPzTGx96P6U&ab_channel=blondewoman1
>>
>>173472530
>no discord
truly ww2 vintage
>>
>>173473292

The man in the thumbnail is one handsome mother fucker, holy shit.
>>
>>173423637
>>can give a 'fastmove and unload at this loaction' order
HOW
>>
>>173472645
This.
That teamspeak is dead.
Discord is fucking cancer.
>>
>>173473162
Yes, just going to revive /wgg/ wargame general
>>
>>173474123
Hold down shift and queue them up
>>
These allied transports are BREAKING MY BALLS as the 91st luftlande. Every single one needs 300m+ anti-tank or my infantry may as well be dead.

Would artillery be an effective counter?
>>
File: 166.jpg (39KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
166.jpg
39KB, 380x250px
>>173473281
>the base game isn't Steel Division: Tobruk 43

why do I have to like the obscure shit
>>
File: Burma armour.jpg (189KB, 800x754px) Image search: [Google]
Burma armour.jpg
189KB, 800x754px
>>173477116
>Obscure
Burma fan reporting in
>>
File: Hurricane IICorD flyby Bengal.jpg (70KB, 962x656px) Image search: [Google]
Hurricane IICorD flyby Bengal.jpg
70KB, 962x656px
>>173477315
Good taste anon.
>>
>>173477315
well you got me there but NA is obscure to normies at least
>>
Steel Division: Belgium '17 when?
>>
OP here, what links do you want in the next general (if it's still not ded by 750)
>>
>>173478991
Just use the old /wgg/ OP

>>173472530
with this teamspeak
>>173472645
>>
>>173476526
I try to get a lot of use out of those 35-point AT guns, make sure I bring a few panzerschrecks, and take out as many as I can with a single duck pass. even then it's a giant pain in the ass, and you're probably fucked if the opponent is smart and brings out a fighter early for duck hunting.

it had to have been a particularly stupid frog that gave armored decks spammable IFVs to go with their phase B/C tanks in phase A
>>
>>173479960
Pak 36 is a hidden gem.
Their ROF is ridiculous.
>>
>>173480307
If the Luft didn't get them then they would be as good as dead in phase A
>>
>>173480512
>swap the 1x 88mm cards with 2x 88mm
fixed Luftlande
>>
>>173480674
Phase C is quite a ways away
>>
>Implying Luft needs a buff

Git gud.
>>
>>173480792
well at the very least 9th Luft ought to have more DP AAA than the fucking faggots in 12th SS

>>173480823
gimme two more cards of panzergrens or fallschem pls
>>
>>173481196
>Wanting/needing more fallshirms

You conquest babbies like feeding points, don't you?
>>
>>173480823
Luft are objectively the worst battlegroup. at least in Phase A (where most of the battle is decided)

>no offensive armour (french tanks are a waste of points)
>If you don't take a fighter with your HS then it's good as dead
>even if you DO take a fighter with your HS, Allies have a vast proliferation of .50s and such to go with their AA (had more than one HS go down to a single AA in one pass)
>ONE(1) long-range AT option against shermans, 36s don't stand a chance at long range vs US, will need at least 3-4 cards of phase A AT just to stay alive

They have some good spammable + elite infantry at least and nice aircraft when it works, but otherwise it's by far a defensive battle the whole way
>>
File: 1458318131118.png (363KB, 544x733px) Image search: [Google]
1458318131118.png
363KB, 544x733px
>Losing planes to AA
>In phase A
laughing_anime_girls.jpg

>Engaging at long range in phase A as luft
Once again: git gud or get bombed. Hitler is ashamed of you.
>>
>>173481645
I see the memes about AA, but at least half the time when I hit evac as soon as I'm being fired upon, the HS goes down.

If you surrender all long-range parts of the map then you're going to lose on points.
>>
>>173480512
>91. Luftlande description: strong in A, "loses its edge in phase B & C"
>in reality: struggles to fight the phase A mediums and heavies that other decks get with their waves of halftracks, and only gets weaker over time

>12. SS in-game description: "quite at a loss in phase A"
>in reality: gets a fucking phase C tank in A, with very strong double MG infantry in halftracks, and of course ramps up in strength over time

how do you even fuck up your design philosophy this hard? it's almost the opposite of their intent.
>>
Panzer 35R, or 39H?

The case for 35R
pros
>cheaper
>better front/rear armour (but then what does 5 armour do against Allies?)
>2x as many available
>faster RoF

cons
>slower
>less accurate
>less AP
>less ammo
>larger (maybe helps enemy accuracy?)
>>
>>173481815
If you use hedges and small patches of wood to your advantage, there are very little long ranged parts of any map.
>>
>>173481815
HS? planes will survive full morale damage the majority of the time.
>>
>>173482561
39H
>>
Considering how Luftland plays, i can't even fathom how difficult 709 Static will be.
>>
>>173482561
at that point, more/less armor only really helps against HE like rocket planes, but it's probably negligible.

the 39H is better, but I'm not sure either is even worth taking. 2/card is pretty shit when they barely do anything alone besides taking entirely too long to clean up halftracks. I'd rather have another card of artillery or AT or aircraft or etc.

they're sure as shit no M5A1s, which are like 3x as fast with 3x the machine guns.
>>
>>173484089
>3x as fast
50% faster* in the 39H's case and 2x in the 35R's, before anyone gets autistic on me
>>
>>173483838
I'm sure the 709th will be quite similar, minus the aircraft but plus more field guns
>>
File: 4929.jpg (125KB, 735x552px) Image search: [Google]
4929.jpg
125KB, 735x552px
>>
>>173483838
all of the infantry/airborne they've shown so far have been similarly mediocre, excepting the scots because phase A AVRE/crocodile. I get the feeling "has good phase A armor" is going to be the new equivalent to "has a decent superheavy and efficient infantry"

the 352nd ID (pegasus) from the closed beta was probably better than luftlande, though. had some AT stukas early, which are worse than the duck, but it did at least get jagdpanzers later in the game instead of topping out at stugs.
>>
File: 11122233344456566.png (170KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
11122233344456566.png
170KB, 396x388px
>mfw 88mm flak guns in this game
>mfw lose multiple m4A3 shermans to those things and some panther Gs
>can't close the gap and lacked the arty firepower to knock them out

jesus what's a good counter to these things?
>>
File: avreuparmoured.jpg (46KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
avreuparmoured.jpg
46KB, 540x360px
>>173462583
Haven't really checked the game, but Churchill AVREs had priority in receiving uparmour kits to Mk VII armour standard in the later part of 1944.
>>
>>173487531
artillery for 88s.
>>
>>173487531
>what's a good counter to these things?
Don't lack artillery next time
>>
File: 1490667814519.png (3MB, 2410x1602px) Image search: [Google]
1490667814519.png
3MB, 2410x1602px
>>
>>173487531
Gotta have SOMETHING capable of knocking out those fucking jumbos
>>
File: PACT OPl.png (2MB, 1350x1013px) Image search: [Google]
PACT OPl.png
2MB, 1350x1013px
>>173465561

Guy who made the Vietnam memorial pic here, have the full-size original.
>>
File: ss (2013-11-12 at 01.28.28).jpg (621KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2013-11-12 at 01.28.28).jpg
621KB, 1920x1080px
>>173481916
the firefly is the only thing that keeps SS in the game at all in phase A, they're fucking trash without it.

I missed wargame generals' balance discussions. Especially during the meta where this was meta and people just refused to believe.
>>
File: 1491367602494.gif (241KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1491367602494.gif
241KB, 300x199px
>>173488581
>alb
>f14 circling in the back all match locking down the skies
>>
>>173466435
I know that feel. I wish MoW didn't have modding ability so that everone would actually play the same fucking version of the game and one could get a game without waiting for 2 hours...this shit has killed the multiplayer
>>
>>173488640
I liked the evolution of it where 40 point fighters were the only ones worth using.
>>
>>173473281
Knowing paradox probably in 3 dlc's for 25$ each
>>
File: 20160503201531_1.jpg (397KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160503201531_1.jpg
397KB, 1920x1080px
>you invaded the wrong bloody Empire, mates
>>
Should I get it if red dragon was too hard for me to get into?
>>
File: sad-pepe-640x480.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad-pepe-640x480.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>Enemy is a planeshitter
>Get three fighters to fuck his shit up
>EVERY SINGLE LAST TIME I CALL IN MY FUCKING FIGHTERS THEY SPAWN AT THE CENTER OF THE GODDAMN MAP INSTEAD OF THE NEAREST SPAWNING POINT

>Call in bombers instead to fuck up a major concentration of artillery and infantry
>Bombers for some reason DO spawn correctly
>ENEMY FIGHTERS SPAWN RIGHT ONTOP OF HIS FUCKING CORNER WHERE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO
>CALL IN MY OWN FIGHTERS TO STOP THEM
>THEY SPAWN IN THE FUCKING CENTER

What the fucking SHIT

This shit is making me consider refunding
>>
>>173489841
Or you could report the bug like you are supposed to.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1206x511px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1206x511px
>When a new player plays German and pushes with tanks
>>
>>173488581
>the firefly is the only thing that keeps SS in the game at all in phase A, they're fucking trash without it.
I don't get this meme. outside of the tank tab, the only thing they're lacking in A is a ground attack aircraft, everything else is fine. panzergrenadier as well are some of the best infantry anybody gets (they almost instantly stunlock enemy infantry in the open with their double MGs), and the half-track they come in is even better than the american one.

I guess they need the firefly with other bullshit like M4A1s and AVREs in phase A, but it's not nearly the only thing keeping them afloat.

and really, I'd rather there wasn't anything bigger than a light tank for anybody in A, it's fucking stupid and contradicts the whole system.
>>
File: Untitled.png (133KB, 1206x389px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
133KB, 1206x389px
Let's get this meme train rolling
>>
>>173490056
They're totally enimic in every other way. The panzergrens are good yeah but that's it. They have competent infantry and a good tank, a tank that costs 200 points. They need to be able to lock down an area with it or they're just a waste of a player slot until B.

Though the lack of lategame allied decks is kinda annoying. The jumbo is a nice meme because it just doesn't fucking die but that's it.
>>
>>173489841
If you target a unit all planes come out of the nearest spawn point, just fucks up when you click on the map.
>>
>really starting to enjoy 12 SS panzer
>the german team ALWAYS fucking loses no matter how bad i'm chunking enemy territory.
>>
>>173491004
Half the people claim that US never wins, the other half claims the Germans never win.
>>
>>173490024
Well how else do you want Luft to push?
>>
>>173492526
In shocking news, the people who complain loudest about balance tend to be shitters.
>>
>>173492526
The problem is that half the team is getting wrecked as luftlande.
>>
>>173492789
Luftlande is rather hard to play, so of course they are.
>>
File: 572410_20170409170751_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
572410_20170409170751_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
So much more attention put into these maps
>>
>>173493049

They claim the maps are all 1:1 recreations of aerial recon photos from DDay, that's why you have things like train terminals and bunkers sprinkled around instead of just copy-paste industrial and suburban zones
>>
>>173493275
so thats why the maps looked so dull in streams I watched
>>
>>173493049
>hitler's internet search history storage facility
>>
>>173493049
I once did an amazing holdout with 80 points of British infantry stopping a push of over a thousand points worth of panzers, tigers, AA, AT and infantry until my cromwells could reinforce the area. Best moment I've experienced in this game so far.
>>
>>173493049
Eugen knows how to do maps, it's a shame they can't make a game that potrays force ratios even remotely realistically.
>>
File: general4.png (865KB, 935x645px) Image search: [Google]
general4.png
865KB, 935x645px
>>173472530
Though obviously get rid of the (embed)s, add /sdg/ to the tags, and update the ts. Making it:

________

>What is this?

>Old thread
lost to the ages

/wgg/ /sdg/ /rtt/ /rts/ /rtsg/ /tsg/ /mowg/ /mowassg/ /ctag/

>Example welcome games:
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Combat Mission
Call to Arms
Flashpoint Campaigns
Graviteam Tactics
Theatre of War
Men of War
Armored Brigade
Close Combat
Steel Panthers MBT
CMANO

>Introduction to Steel Division:
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/steel-division-player-guide/

>Graviteam DLC:
http://pastebin.com/TwMLZQ6h

>Steamgroups:
We should really make a new steamgroup, the old ones were bloated and far too WG focused.

>Teamspeak server
ts3.nogf.moe

http://pastebin.com/70Nwcb5m
>Mius Front Link:
>>
File: 1413645145126.jpg (133KB, 600x517px) Image search: [Google]
1413645145126.jpg
133KB, 600x517px
>>173467731
>>
>>173487090
352's jagdpanthers were the strongest tanks in the game during the beta

In a lineup of 1 infantry div, 1 airborne and 2 armored, the infantry div had the best tank and the worst fire support, what a meme
>>
>>173489698
it's slower and has way fewer unit interactions, so go for it
>>
Need tips on tank positioning. Seems like i'm doing something wrong. Most of the time my enemy have both reccon and line of sight, while i have reccon, but no line of sight and got sniped.

This is very depressing for me, in red dragon and others i was been able to hold on with infantry in this game they are basicly useless statists, unless they are recce. Now it requires somekind of positioning with LoS, which i seems unable to get a hold off. Any tips?
>>
>>173454697
>ho
hows versing mig-15s and sabres?
>>
>>173489698
Yes, there's less micro. You can always refund it.
>>
>>173494785
use the LOS button dumbo
>>
>>173495146
Not, helpin Jumbo.
>>
>>173495189
what's it like being a dungo
>>
>>173495294
Very sad and internaly painful, Jungo.
>>
>>173494702
I knew I was forgetting something. I only played like 3 hours of the cbt and just really acutely noticed the lack of a medium in A, even though the description pegged the 352nd as another phase A division.
>>
>>173495374
then kys yourself mango
>>
now that the dusk has settled, is it worth 40€?
>>
File: QVf6rRr.png (745KB, 1182x650px) Image search: [Google]
QVf6rRr.png
745KB, 1182x650px
>>173464874
>>
>>173495605
Nah, Tango.
>>
>>173495662
refund on release.
>>
>>173495662

It won't even be out for another month. Ultimately the impression I get is that the game is WW2 Wargame, far less of a departure from the tried and tested formula than Act of Aggression was. The balance and meta will anger some Wargame veterans in the same way a lot of EE players thought AB was a disaster and AB vets thought RD was shit. Impossible to say how the game will compare against the Wargame series in the end, at the moment I figure if you're a fan of Wargame you may as well try it out
>>
File: england pepe.png (114KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
england pepe.png
114KB, 500x480px
>>173456254
I second this notion
>>
>>173495662

Well, infantry useless in this game, the main point in tanks and their support. You don't have tanks/anti-tank crews = you lost. Everything else is support for tanks.
>>
File: assadboy.png (112KB, 238x276px) Image search: [Google]
assadboy.png
112KB, 238x276px
>>173496328
>Infantry are useless
Get gud
>>
>>173496558
infantry without armed transports are almost useless
>>
>>173496558
>Rpg only for 1 dude in squad
>200 m range
>Sometimes can't shoot from building, because 201-202 m on streets.
>Get's annihilated in building from range by anyone.

No, bro. Infantry are completly useless in this game.
>>
In reality how do you even hit plane with flak?
>>
File: d3771ed1cd714e33f483d1644bc91fd8.png (252KB, 1009x721px) Image search: [Google]
d3771ed1cd714e33f483d1644bc91fd8.png
252KB, 1009x721px
>Faggot leaves three minutes into the game leaving me to micromanage three fronts

Leavers being punished when?
>>
>>173497823
https://youtu.be/1MsRNauv7rM?t=171
>>
>>173497953
Never.
>>
>>173497823
Didn't the Luftwaffe estimate that it took thousands of Flak 88 rounds to kill a single bomber?
>>
>>173498205

I think the statistics from the time suggest that 90% of ground attack aircraft were able to drop their payloads when under fire from AA.

There's really no alternative to fighter craft.
>>
>>173496837
infantry are a cheap and numerous way to pad out the front line, are cost-effective meatshields and recon-by-fire, and can clear shit like AT guns, 88s and panzerschrecks out of forests and towns.

go ahead and stop using infantry, I'll be parking AT in the towns and hedgerows while holding 70% of the map

and then get gud
>>
Anyone tried using the Calliope yet, if so, whats it like?
>>
>>173499825
It's okay. It doesn't kill anything but it makes a fuckhuge area panic. Like the burrito in RD and ALB.
>>
File: peterson sort yourself out anon.png (160KB, 375x736px) Image search: [Google]
peterson sort yourself out anon.png
160KB, 375x736px
>>173496837
>Not using ambush tactics with piats
>>
>>173499825
>>173499925
It'll kill soft skinned targets, like rocket artillery in wargame though it's a crapshoot if it'll hit, but with the much smaller aoe it's definitely better at it.

The couple times I used the unit I really liked it, both for killing stuff and for just making a whole column of tanks flee. But as I siad only used it a small amount so maybe I got lucky.
>>
>>173499825
it's pretty good, and worth taking. isn't a fucking incendiary murder machine like the wurfrahmen, but it has good area suppression and of course works as a sherman 75 if you can't be fucked to reload it.

it dumps its whole load in one attack if you let it, so you should usually tell it to halt after it fires a good burst. also, it takes a fucking year to resupply the rockets, so keep that in mind. and on that note, fun fact: multiple trucks stack supply speed. I tried resupplying a calliope with like 10 trucks and it was done in a few seconds.

>>173499925
check the SS rocket launchers if you want a real burrito m8
>>
File: BestFor.jpg (817KB, 4291x1937px) Image search: [Google]
BestFor.jpg
817KB, 4291x1937px
>>173499925
like most rocket arty then
>>
You're in the Bocage and this guy slaps your Jumbo's ass.

What do you do?
>>
>>173501752
I ally with him and send all US army groups to the Eastern Front
>>
File: RIP.jpg (112KB, 1920x798px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.jpg
112KB, 1920x798px
I cry erry time
>>
>>173435209
The dudes in the background aren't even actually Krauts; though I suppose it goes well enough with the ironic nature of that gif.
>>
File: 1462320444428.jpg (106KB, 985x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1462320444428.jpg
106KB, 985x1000px
>4 or 5 guys leaving at the start of every game
>>
>>173503574
literally me
>>
>>173503574
Could be because of shit code.

I certainly had to terminate the game a few times, because it got stuck loading.
>>
>>173503574
>>173503663
>>173503680

pubstomping was an honoured tradition on /wgg/, play with each other.
>>
File: jap war crimes.gif (981KB, 1064x589px) Image search: [Google]
jap war crimes.gif
981KB, 1064x589px
>>173469543
>>173471347
ive got the gook one but not the russian one
>>
Does matchmaking even exist or is it the Wargame system.
I hated the fact that I had to wait 10 minutes for a multiplayer match of wargame.
>>
>>173504352

Matchmaking confirmed to be in the works, not in the beta yet.
>>
>>173494702
>what a meme
this is what happens when they based deck parameters on the irl OoBs

if the 352nd has a detachment of Jagdpanzers tasked to it IRL, they get access to it here, in spite of pure balance
>>
>>173465186

What's the context of the animu Gundam(?) pilot?

Looks like a properly smug bastard
>>
>>173504352
matchmaker is coming soon
>>
>>173504540
panthers not panzers
they were practically invulnerable to everything in the game frontally, planes included
>>
>>173502585
For all the shit Fury gets I thought this was a neat scene.
>>
How to git gud?
>>
>>173505325
>use scouts
>use AT guns
>use commanders
>don't drive into towns
>>
>>173505757
What's next step? For some reason i get annihilated, by enemy tanks, even if my scouts in every bush and i clearly see them, but my tanks exchange is fucked always.

Can AT guns shot from forest?
>>
>>173504197
That one's pretty bad.
>>
What's your strategy for the 12th SS?
>>
>>173505859
Yes.
Infantry can move everywhere.
Guns can't traverse buildings.
Vehicles can't traverse buildings and forests.
>>
>>173505859
hit those tanks with airstrikes, artillery and AA autocannon fire to stun the fuck out of them, letting your own tanks kill them or making them rout, which is almost as good as killing them.
>>
File: XehQ4XxT.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
XehQ4XxT.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
I'm all in favour of turning this into Wargames General again, but the next thread should probably keep a strong Steel Division theme, pic in the OP etc.
To try and get as many people who've just noticed the game in here as possible.

This thread used to have a habit of dying, best to try and get it as populated as possible.
>>
>>173504649
and 352nd had those, for better or worse
>>
i feel the unit d*versity in this game is better than WG

Instead of 10million semi-similar units, of which only 100 are used commonly, 95% of the unit rosters thus far have usage.

Digging all the obscure German shit.
>>
>>173506126
tanks
>>
>>173507813
In WG very infantry unit is fucking identical with units of it's 'class' in other nations, in SD there is genuine diversity.

That and in RD the coalitions were designed so that they had at least one of everything, making them all play roughly the same.
SD largely goes off historical TO&Es and each division is very different (of the 4 we have so far anyway).
>>
>>173503574
why does my multiplayer not work?
>>
File: 1426881289693.png (10KB, 267x312px) Image search: [Google]
1426881289693.png
10KB, 267x312px
>>173508213
eg. the reason why the 15th Scots lack section-level AT/PIAT teams was due to an IRL corps-wide shortage of PIATs

the airborne divisions sucked up most of the things, so the Scots had to make due issuing PIATs per section leaders.

I can appreciate adhering to historical OoBs at the expense of balance.
>even though 15th Scot never had Humbers
>>
>>173508612
15th Scots did have Humber IVs and Humber LRC IIIs in the 15th Recce Regt, they didn't have Daimler ACs.
>>
>>173494513
>>173494513
>We should really make a new steamgroup, the old ones were bloated and far too WG focused.
I was going to add this on the next op.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wggbackfromthedead
>>
File: unknown.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>173401858
Tanks are the king Steel Division, in wargame infantry could kill tanks before they could even see them.
>>
>>173509942
Maybe in RD, but in EE & ALB tanks were much stronger against infantry. The BMPT could clear entire forests on its own.
>>
File: PURE ANGERY.gif (104KB, 300x136px) Image search: [Google]
PURE ANGERY.gif
104KB, 300x136px
>Phase B
>Whole enemy team spawns panzer werfers
JUST FUCK OFF PLEASE ITS SUCH A BS ARTY PIECE, IT JUST HAS TO LOOK AT INFANTRY AND THEY FUCKING EVAPORATE
>>
So did you people already asked for refunds?
I never did this and one one hand it says it can be canceled for "any reason" in 14 days but on other hand it says you con't play for more than 2 hours.

I don't want to hold breath for this game without even trying so I'm asking now.
>>
File: tiffy.jpg (139KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
tiffy.jpg
139KB, 800x532px
Can someone explain to me why the normal typhoon and AT Typhoon cant kill bloody Panzers, even though their primary role was tank killing?
>>
>>173511742
Afaik you can refund a game at any point during a pre-release beta. Report back to see if it works.

>>173511839
Because WW2 air power was actually really fucking bad at killing tanks.
>>
>>173511742
im fairly certain you can refund as its technically a pre-order
>>
>>173511941
but the second typhoon is even classified as AT and cant even kill a fucking mortar halftrack
>>
>>173511839
shame they dont randomly attack allied units as well for historical accuracy
>>
>>173512186
Bad luck I guess, I've gotten pretty good use out of it when going for lighter targets.

Seems that air power is pretty realistic, both in how ineffective flak is against it and how to struggles to do any real damage to armoured targets. Of the tank kills claimed by allied attackers in the West, only 10% were actually found to have actually disabled the target.

>>173512295
kek
>>
>>173512295

Shame SD doesn't simulate the shit state of communications during the WW2 era

>Squad radio breaks down so the nearby command unit has to send runners across the battlefield whenever you issue a move order.
>>
>>173511941
>>173512002
https://help.steampowered.com/en/?text=pre-order+refunds

Apparently this does not work past 2 hours even for pre-orders now.
Is it enforced? I don't know.
>>
>>173504798
what shit does it get? I wanna know if it's the same as my shit
>>
>>173512874
>https://help.steampowered.com/en/?text=pre-order+refunds

Must be retarded to use wrong link.
>>
>>173512874
Why would it not work? You haven't gotten nearly the whole game.
>>
>>173514380
So you cant refund it once it releases if you play it thats fucking dumb

Do they already know the exact the day it will release so I can refund right before?
>>
>>173514605
You and idiot or what?

In steam there a news exactly that game going to may 23 and you still can refund it the very day it goes on sale, due to the fact that you going to have another two week 2 hours reset.
>>
File: memefly.png (1005KB, 979x583px) Image search: [Google]
memefly.png
1005KB, 979x583px
>>
File: preddy gud.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
preddy gud.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>173514851
breddy gud m8
>>
>>173512186
Angle of attack is incredibly important. Attack from the sides or rear.
>>
>>173514851
Frankly 12SS should have early pz4s or pz3s in phase A, and move the memefly to phase B.
>>
>>173515815
Nah. Realistically it makes sense. Too much chance of shooting it in a friendly fire accident when it is with the mainforce.

Plus there is a chance that it will get the first shot off, because it looks like an allied tank.

That's lost when it is surrounded by Pz4s.
>>
>>173515815
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in Phase B eventually.
That said, the 12th SS don't have much else going for them in Phase A, and if you let the Firefly do this >>173514851 to you then you deserve to lose anyway, it's not too difficult to contain.

I don't think it'll be such a big deal when there are 9 Axis divisions to choose from, it'll be a much more infrequently used unit.
>>
>>173516379
I never thought of it that way, that makes a lot of sense. Is there any historical evidence to prove that captured tanks would be the first to be deployed in a battle though?
>>
>Join RobZ mod game
>>>>>>600 CP
WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS SHIT
>>
>>173517041
Not that I know, but I remember having read that captured T-34s on the Eastfront were quite often shot by their own anti-tank guns.
>>
>>173517115
how do you even keep track of that much shit
>>
>>173516742
the amount of fun i'm having with 2 axis divisions gives me hope for the future

next div drop when?
>>
Is there some way to unlock that 10v10 map in SD?
>>
>>173407929
There's supposed to be the Canadian 4th Armored Division as well.
>>
>>173518143
The Canadian 4th BRIGADE is integrated into the 3rd CID as their tank units.
>>
>>173488286
>RAM II
>Syrup guzzler

kek
>>
File: 126345734.jpg (519KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
126345734.jpg
519KB, 2560x1920px
>>173517390
I could've sworn I read something similar in Panzer Operations.
>that section about the russian doggos
fug
>>
>>173488640
And then RD turned into Mig-31's taking over that role when F-14's were made Naval only.
>>
File: JUST.png (2MB, 998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
2MB, 998x1500px
>>173490139
>>
File: Wargame_5b06d6_5931858.jpg (210KB, 660x790px) Image search: [Google]
Wargame_5b06d6_5931858.jpg
210KB, 660x790px
So how is this compared to RD? Are we /wgg/ again?

And how big of a role do tanks play because tank gameplay gets my dick hard.
>>
>>173520592
Tanks are back at the top of the meta.

Vehicles no longer have health bars. They either get broken or don't.
>>
Why are there no helicopters in Steel Division? Even European Escalation had helicopters.
>>
File: guardsarmoured.jpg (87KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
guardsarmoured.jpg
87KB, 400x400px
>>173520767
Who /Guards/ here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hd9m-6myvU
>>
>playing MoW
>get two shitty teammates who just defend the whole time and put no pressure on the enemy
>I am in center and its 3v1 since my teammates are just relaxing on the sides
>>
>>173517115
You should play with us in teamspeak.
We play almost daily with 2-3 people.
We also don't set up retarded game like you mentioned.
>>
>>173521729
in the grim past of ww2, there are only tanks and rocket planes
>>
Why the fuck do German get a firefly?
I thought his game was supposed to have realatic units.
What a load of shit.
Fucking dropped.
Uninstalled.
Refunded.
>>
>>173523451
>waaah waaah abloobloooblooooooo
>>
File: firefly-30.jpg (61KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
firefly-30.jpg
61KB, 800x494px
>>173523451
>>
>>173523538
>Booty blasted cuz I called your Davey game out
Retard.
>>
>>173523657
>What is Photoshop
Firefly was a prototype tank.
It didn't see combat.
That's a fury tank...
>>
File: 1449690265898.gif (98KB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1449690265898.gif
98KB, 245x280px
>>173523684
>>
>>173523886
>*braaap*
>>
File: bait hook.jpg (137KB, 1171x540px) Image search: [Google]
bait hook.jpg
137KB, 1171x540px
>>173523886
>Fire fly was a prototype
>>
File: are liz + guards tank div.jpg (52KB, 577x389px) Image search: [Google]
are liz + guards tank div.jpg
52KB, 577x389px
>>173522057
>>
>>173522935
>teamspeak.
LMAO
>>
File: nigga what.gif (823KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
nigga what.gif
823KB, 200x200px
>>173523886
>a Fury tank
>>
Baited
Bodied
Blasted
Butchered
Dead ass
Ralfidood
>>
>>173529162
fuck off mosque
>>
File: 1489433506394.jpg (13KB, 545x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489433506394.jpg
13KB, 545x480px
>>173530661
>Using ancient memes
>>
Both of the German divisions suck dick.
>>
>>173531369
>12th SS panzer
>sucking dick
how shit are you?
>>
File: 1437649114395.jpg (49KB, 555x407px) Image search: [Google]
1437649114395.jpg
49KB, 555x407px
>first MP game of SD on that 10v10 map and I didn't get totally stomped

didn't expect that
>>
File: ka-50.png (240KB, 519x257px) Image search: [Google]
ka-50.png
240KB, 519x257px
>>173472530
>/wgg/ is back, just under a new tag
I missed you guys so much.
>>
File: spets.png (155KB, 516x200px) Image search: [Google]
spets.png
155KB, 516x200px
>>
File: 20170409140639_1.jpg (340KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170409140639_1.jpg
340KB, 1920x1080px
>literally firing blind
am I lucky or is this thing OP as shit
>>
File: ak 290.jpg (188KB, 700x896px) Image search: [Google]
ak 290.jpg
188KB, 700x896px
>>173288253
Battle of France, allies saw horrendous losses doing tree top bombing runs against hastily prepared German AAA positions on belgian bridges

SD is garbage, bring back /wgg/ so I can play hexgames itt
>>
>>173532059
You blind nigger? The last 200 posts have been discussing turning the next thread back into /wgg/
>>
>map expands to suit player count
>keyholing is actually an effective strategy instead of woodline AT/ATGM spam
game's growing on me
tri-podsen is love
>>
>>173532841
what does keyholing mean?
>>
File: 38368797.jpg (772KB, 1200x725px) Image search: [Google]
38368797.jpg
772KB, 1200x725px
What divisions/nations are confirmed? I guess Commonwealth/UK, Allied France, USA and Germany the mininium at start. Should I expect a fat jar of DLC-s for the new divisions and theatres (africa, soviet front for example)?
Should I even buy the game now?
>>
>>173532998
using the terrain to create AT fire zones

eg: positioning an ATG 100m behind a small gap in a hedgegrow looking into an open field.
>>
File: LMFAO.png (478KB, 829x468px) Image search: [Google]
LMFAO.png
478KB, 829x468px
>when the heli rush hits
>>
>>173533472

There's also a Polish armored division. Yeah, there will probably be some DLC divisions like The Big Red One and we'll probably get standalone DLC/sequels for other threatres, the way Wargame did it.
>>
>>173533472
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steel_Division/comments/640z4t/confirmed_divisions/

>>173533581
Ohhh I see. I didn't play much RD tho
>>
File: dlh0egx.jpg (60KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
dlh0egx.jpg
60KB, 800x585px
>>173533585
>>
File: 41585020.jpg (857KB, 1500x726px) Image search: [Google]
41585020.jpg
857KB, 1500x726px
>>173533645
Ohhm, that looks juicy. I can't wait for the Afrika Korps Expansion/DLC really.
>>
was /wgg/ Wargame general, or War Games General?

I'd prefer the later as it lets a large amount of games that fit the genre be discussed here.
>>
>>173533993
both
>>
>>173533993

War Games General, it was the catchall general for any sort of military strategy game that didn't fit inside its own general. At one point we even tried to coexist with CoH2

It didn't work.
>>
>>173533993
War games.
We talked about everything.
Read the OP posted above. It clearly mention s MOWAS and other games.....
>>
>>173534103
>>173534106
>>173534091

Cool.

I like the idea of a thread where discussion about all things military is acceptable because its applicable to the games we play.
>>
>>173534324

I was literally around when /wgg/ was born during the ALB beta, it was founded by a bunch of /k/ommandos when their massive Wargame thread got deleted by a janitor for not being /k/ related.

Yeah dude, talk about military shit.
>>
>>173534530
>Created by /k/ommandos
>Destroyed by planes fags
>Brought back to life because of plane fags
Really makes me think.
>>
File: can ukr bmp.jpg (38KB, 635x357px) Image search: [Google]
can ukr bmp.jpg
38KB, 635x357px
hello is this the new home for bmp
>>
>>173531654
Remember to add /cwg/ (computer wargames general) as that was an old thread.
>>
>>173534976

>brought back to life because of plane fags
except planeshitters are specifically excluded from the new /wgg/
>>
>>173534530
But anon, were you around for the great shitpost fest of "the steam group is shit" every thread for months?
>>
>>173536078
Or particular drama queens like Mosque
>>
>>173536236
Fuck off mosque.
>>
>>173536332
Fuck off, Mosque.
>>
>>173536376
FUCK OFF MOSQUE
>>
>>173536078
>that one thread that was just "fuck off mosque" 750 times
Good times, I prefer when we shitposted the Eugen forums to death though.
>>
File: big guy.png (956KB, 681x545px) Image search: [Google]
big guy.png
956KB, 681x545px
This guy gets spotted by your scouts and slaps your Firefly. What do you do? Keep in mind he has 21 frontal armor and comes out on phase B.
>>
>>173536825
Beyond the meme though, Mosque was legitimate cancer, but that steam group wasn't much better. Glad it's gone.
>>
>>173536894
>bitches don't know bout my Panzergrenadiers in the treeline
>>
>>173537038
SMALL
GERMAN
RANGE
>>
>>173537181
more like
BIG
GERMAN
HEAT ROUNDS
>>
File: metis.jpg (93KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
metis.jpg
93KB, 600x400px
>>173536894
>>
Is there a discount for owning the previous game like there was with RD and ALB?
>>
>>173537457
No but the game isn't 60 dollaroos to begin with
>>
>>173537457

It would be a bit unusual for Paradox to give discounts for owning a game belonging to a different publisher.
>>
>>173537597
oh yea, didn't even notice that. Oh well, $36 on GMG is fine by me.
>>
>>173339129
i agree but graviteam needs pvp so badly
>>
>>173535093
go back to /simg/ desu senpai
>>
Fuck Graviteam. Run out of ammo completely after like 5 minutes on the first turn
>>
>>173538673
Nigga learn how to control fire
>>
Still dead, guess /wgg/ isnt ready to come back
>>
>German """"""AA""""""
>>
Would anyone object to the Churchill Mk. V or Cromwell Mk. VI with the 95mm Howitzer having indirect fire?

It seems rather silly having them as only direct fire weapons is all.

I'm also sure that they had smoke rounds and HEAT which isn't in game?
>>
>>173541198
>flak 88 fires at my P47 once
>literally one single time the second it got in range
>instantly maxed out suppression and forced the plane to turn around
>>
>>173541350
the AVRE can be indirect fire
>>
>>173541419
Well it does have a Spigot mortar and *should* be able to as well.
>>
>>173541350
There's an attack ground command you dumb cuq.
>>
File: 1487611312369.jpg (126KB, 796x936px) Image search: [Google]
1487611312369.jpg
126KB, 796x936px
>playing nazi games
Kys!
>>
Bought the game, nothing to lost, can refund if it sucks :D
>>
>>173522057
Since 12 SS gets a Firefly, I hope GAD gets a Panther.

> Cucking Germans with Cuckoo
>>
File: 1436077444910.jpg (10KB, 207x183px) Image search: [Google]
1436077444910.jpg
10KB, 207x183px
>shoot down all Luftlande cuck's B3s
>he gives up
>>
>>173544161
GAD won't get Cuckoo till Holland I think.
>>
>>173541125
Are you retarded?
This thread is moving quite well.
>>
File: 107 - B4sxf0y.jpg (98KB, 361x446px) Image search: [Google]
107 - B4sxf0y.jpg
98KB, 361x446px
>>173545606
note the 30m gap between his post and the one before, he was probably bumping a ded thread
>>
>>173441802
>>173445776

>Panzer II. C only has a 20mm
>Cromwell is the 95mm howitzer version with no AP
>You called in a panzer IV and not a panther
>14 AP @1000m vs 20AV so it would have to be at under 400m to penetrate
>Jagdpanzer IV has 12 AP versus the 20AV
>The second you bring the Firefly with 17AP and shooting at its side it dies in 2 shots.

This is an acute case of the git guds and learn the game mechanics.
>>
File: getfuckinggood.png (439KB, 1197x195px) Image search: [Google]
getfuckinggood.png
439KB, 1197x195px
>>173273135
>>173274190
>>173280759
>>173268253
>>173272907
>>
>>173546697
>4/5 (You)'s
got a nice haul today
>>
>>173546697
The first impressive screenshot. This better not be against AI.
>>
>>173547040
You can see the players name on the far right
>>
File: 1480968327473m.jpg (141KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480968327473m.jpg
141KB, 1024x1024px
>>173546182
>Anime
Yup.
Thanks for the confirmation.
>>
>>173547096
Welp. Once again I realise that I am blind.
>>
>be german in phase A

all recon and aa tbombed by spitfires in phase A
>>
>>173547474
shot them down
>>
>>173515815
>>173514851
In the full game 12. SS wont have the firefly at all
>>
>>173548080
hon hon wanna bet on it
>>
>>173548381
Yes, it was confirmed to be going to either 716th Infantry Division on the VIP forum by MadMat
>>
File: WehraboosBTFO.png (685KB, 1003x393px) Image search: [Google]
WehraboosBTFO.png
685KB, 1003x393px
>>173273135
>>173280759

>Panthers
>A problem if you're not fucking retarded

Pick one.
>>
File: 1438695895010.jpg (55KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1438695895010.jpg
55KB, 500x447px
>>173548451
>Madfag
I had almost forgotten about him.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>>173549162
>>>173549162
>>>173549162
>>
ignore that one make a /wgg/ one
>>
REAL NEW THREAD
>>173549468
>>173549468
>>173549468
REAL NEW THREAD
>>
>neither thread is the right OP
Kek retards blew your olny chance.
>>
>>173456539
I mean you could always just play destruction like the adults.
>>
>>173494339
turn off unit scaling
Thread posts: 757
Thread images: 179

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.