[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 844
Thread images: 91

File: 1469209469514.png (2MB, 1238x760px) Image search: [Google]
1469209469514.png
2MB, 1238x760px
Know Your Directions Edition

Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>port
>starboard
>fore
>aft

>What is Space Station 13?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
http://pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
http://ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
http://ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
http://byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main /vg/station server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
http://byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>/vg/station forum and logs
http://ss13.moe/forum/
http://game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
http://game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
http://pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
http://ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
http://ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz
>>
Lewd Birbs
>>
First for probe is a fag.
>>
Hi-jacking this thread.

>>172674675
>>172673361
>>172673564

That guy writes nothing like me. You people haven't been exposed to me for so long (possibly never were) that you call anyone who disagrees with you
that uses big words "Sarca". The guy you are responding to sounds like he is taking the piss out of you and not at all being serious. I'm actually serious
most of the time. Here is something I wrote recently for SS13, that shows how I actually write. Well, when I'm not sleep deprived, dehydrated, and hungry as
I am now. Notice the differences. CTRL F "In terms of"

https://hippiestation.com/threads/the-fate-of-camille-driggers.6163/page-6

It's time for you to let go of the past.
>>
File: 1431735828308.png (138KB, 422x362px) Image search: [Google]
1431735828308.png
138KB, 422x362px
Nth for mommis
>>
File: grfdshgfsd.png (84KB, 931x805px) Image search: [Google]
grfdshgfsd.png
84KB, 931x805px
>>
>>172710274
And here is an excerpt:

>While it is true the average IQ of Hippiestation is probably around 90-95, and you are probably smarter than that, in order to be superior, you have to be smarter than everyone. As a matter of fact, I would say you are not smart at all. Intelligent people don't make the kinds of arguments that you make in this thread, especially with the goal of defending themselves. You use reasoning that is predicated on false premises, as well as occasionally just using outright false reasoning. You are not using the best possible arguments to defend yourself, you're not even using decent arguments. A smart person would realize that the best mechanism for getting goals accomplished is the truth, not lies and misrepresentation. Anyone with an IQ above 115 is able to immediately recognize what you are doing, once they have, your end goal of making yourself look better falls flat on its face. You don't present yourself the way a smart person would, your thoughts and expressions lack the sense of organization, thoughtfulness, and clarity that smart people's thoughts have.

Note the differences.
>>
>>172670032
>scans things the normal one can't
>stores more designs maybe
There's also supposedly a syndie device scanner which is even more unrestricted.
>>
>>172710539
>https://hippiestation.com/threads/the-fate-of-camille-driggers.6163/page-6
sarca has an odd fetish for IQ huh?
sounds like someone who got told they were 'gifted' early on in school and then went on to do nothing, still desperately clinging on to their 'specialness'
>>
>>172710754
>get told I was gifted early on
>everyone always told me how smart I was
>turn into a slacker neet dropout

H-haha
>>
>>172710754
How else am I supposed to rank people in terms of intelligence? Adding a number to it makes it easier to understand. I don't even think I'm that smart, I am just smart enough to be considered smart. 130+ but nowhere near the 145 range which is where the real interesting people come in. In the same thread I go on to say that there's a player who could potentially be much smarter than me too.
>>
xth for remove peacekeeper borg tazer
>>
>>172710754
a prime example of why the bunker should stay up the next time hippie falls to chaos as to keep their refugees out
>>
>>172711034
probably best just not to rank other people, makes your childhood designation of 'gifted' the double-edged sword that is early diagnosis anti-social disorder and autism before the spectrum became as ... lenient as it is today.
>>
>>172711034
>Peacekeeper borg

Wow, this server really has become a joke. There's nothing wrong with Security Cyborgs actually arresting people. Behavior is not dictated by laws in the sense that you think it is. Asimov acts as a set of restrictions, not as a set of guidelines. That means that a Security Cyborg can go around arresting people so long as it doesn't violate the restrictions. This doesn't preclude using the laws as justification for action, but not every cyborg action needs to have a law-based justification. Once you understand that, you understand that cyborgs should have a tendency to function the way the module they selected allows them to function. Nobody complains about Engineerborgs or Janitorborgs when they fix holes and clean floors, only Secborgs. Why? It's not hard to understand. Unrobust children mad they got wrecked by a borg.

Protip: Use a laser pointer.
>>
>>172712070
It's not the secborg function, it's the shitters who ignore Asimov and think they answer to security over other players

it's all well and good to say you can ahelp the secborg who arrests you for telling them to unbolt the vault but it still fucks you for that round
>>
>>172712482
>ahelp the secborg who arrests you for telling them to unbolt the vault
there is literally nothing wrong with that though.
What you need to do is add "Don't tell anyone about this or arrest me for it"
so hard. And I never even play borg
>>
>>172711881
>probably best just not to rank other people
I understood this part.
>makes your childhood designation of 'gifted' the double-edged sword that is early diagnosis anti-social disorder and autism before the spectrum became as ... lenient as it is today.
I didn't understand this part. It's a pretty bad run on sentence. I don't have autism or anti-social disorder, I am psychologically healthy. Abnormal, but not suffering from any disorder.

>>172712482
If it's not the Secborg function that is the problem then why was it removed? It was removed right? Or is this just a rename?

>It's not the secborg function, it's the shitters who ignore Asimov and think they answer to security over other players

I could make a pretty good case that they DO answer to Security over other players but like I said, I'm not at peak capacity and am feeling retarded right now, so I won't. I guess I'll give you a sentence or so and you can take the argument and run with it.

Cyborgs don't have access to all information on station. In order to successfully identify harmful elements, they need to co-operate with people on the station who have that knowledge. The group who has that knowledge is Security, and so in determining whether or not a person is, is likely, or has a strong potential to be harmful, it's beneficial to listen to Security over some random Assistant. This is also why they listen to the AI, who has much more information than the average player. Cyborgs just co-operate with those who have the most amount of relevant information regarding human harm, which they must not allow.
>>
>>172713069
Yeah I just misspelled cooperate a ton of times so..yeah I'm going to bed.
>>
>>172712070
This is why we changed the name. Because bozos say "Well I know it says in big red text dont follow space law but really that doesn't apply to me"

It makes it all the easier to remove shitters
>>
>>172713446
>Well I know it says in big red text dont follow space law but really that doesn't apply to me
Remove them, easy done
Doesn't matter what their job title is, that's a retarded excuse. It's literally "im blind irl" tier
>>
>>172713662
>removing something because 1% of players are shitters
they'll just be shitters with something else no need to make the rest pay because of them
>>
>>172713446
Right but that's a stupid change, as it only introduces further misinterpretations from those on the opposite side of the camp who claim that cyborgs shouldn't EVER arrest people. Most of the time cyborgs who arrest people are doing so validly.

>Security gives a vague order to arrest suspicious people at the start of the round.
>There is no "expiration" on this order, it is always a valid order
>Some guy hacking into a secure area
>You arrest him and he orders you to let him go
>Now you have two conflicting orders
>There is no way to actually resolve a conflict of orders in Asimov
>Logic says to side with Security, not the sketchy Assistant breaking into places
>Take him to the brig
>ABUSE ABUSE ABUSE LAW 2 VIOLATION!! ADMINS BAN HIM

Would not surprise me if some actual innocent borg players were banned or had admin intervention for this kind of shit. I don't think I have ever been abused by a Secborg in the manner the whiny anti-borgers complaing about, and I play on fucking Hippiestation.
>>
man I remember that one round the borgs started hiding insulated gloves at roundstart and lied about it when asked, but other than that I haven't had problems with them
>>
>>172714013
>logic says
no I'm pretty sure this is exactly why we did it. you don't do conflicting orders. you do sequential orders.

that's it.

stop trying so hard to loophole.
>>
>>172713924
That's exactly what I'm saying. There's no need to remove secborgs because 1% of them are "the rules don't apply to me" shitters.
>>
https://github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/14493
>Brings back flavor text, two hours ago
>>
>>172714296
>no I'm pretty sure this is exactly why we did it. you don't do conflicting orders. you do sequential orders.
There is no actual way to resolve this in Asimov. Please point out where it says in the Asimov law set that the last order given has more validity than all other orders. It doesn't say that, there is no way to resolve a conflict in orders using your laws. You have to use another means of figuring it out, judgment and logic.
>>
>>172714013
>There is no way to actually resolve a conflict of orders in Asimov
yes there is.
>Borg, arrest suspicious people
Okay
>See assistant
>He is acting suspicious
>arrest him by stunning and placing the cuffs on him
You have now arrested him.
>Assistant then tells you to let him go
You have completed your previous order. Now complete the next one.
>>
>>172714367
we didn't.
>>
>>172714531
That's detaining, not arresting. Arresting would require that the person actually be brought to the brig.
>>
>>172714531
arrest could also mean detain and put into custody for the record
>seize (someone) by legal authority and take into custody.
>>
>>172714618
Who are you to define what arrest is?
>>
>>172714435
oh god
>>
>>172714594
We did.
>>
>>172714618
And even then, if what you are saying was true (it's not), then it wouldn't be a conflict, and my point still stands, you can't resolve.
>>172714667
Do you need help idiot? Google arrest definition.

>seize (someone) by legal authority and take into custody.

Note the take into custody part.
>>
>>172714618
No because detaining means that while you are not allowed to go, you are simply there for questioning about a crime or event. Arresting means that your rights are suspended and you are taken to jail for charging.
>>
>>172714783
Should the borg at least ask them to come peacefully? sec should use hailers so should borgs have them too?
>>
>>172714875
that's a good idea
i don't play borgos so i didn't even know they dont have them
>>
>>172714824
So you agree with me then?
>>172714875
No, because asking people to come peacefully does not result in a 100% success rate, tasing does. You have a risk of failing to fulfill your order and breaking Law 2 by asking them peacefully.
>>
>>172714783
>take into custody.
Yes, you have taken the person into your custody and are now bringing him to the brig. You have arrested him. If he tells you to let him go, and he is a human, and he hasn't done anything to make you believe PROBABLE harm may occur, you should let him go.
>>
>>172708440
I coded maple syrup
I have no fucking clue if the check is necessary, I tried every permutation of code that exists for healing and none of them made any difference, all of them healed (albeit at different rates?)
>>
>>172715865
>different rates
Are you sure that's not just the prob checks working?
>>
>>172715037
Okay, he's in the brig, and now the Warden has him. You try to take him away and the Warden orders you to stop. What have you accomplished by purposefully acting like an autist and siding with a griefing greytider for no reason? If you want to play stupid little word games, I can do that too. Why not come back in thirty years and release him then? After all, he never specified a time frame. Orders are interpreted the way that humans interpret them, that is how things go 99% of the time. Why should we make a special exception for some griefing fucktard?
>>
>>172714960
>No, because asking people to come peacefully does not result in a 100% success rate, tasing does. You have a risk of failing to fulfill your order and breaking Law 2 by asking them peacefully.
But asking them peacefully results in the least amount of human harm, which is more important.
>>
>>172715960
Oh no, I'm pretty sure I know why probability checks exist, they make tricord and DD fucking awful for healing (and I believe they mean you only heal one thing at a time but which type is random)
Maple syrup actually heals a bunch because it heals them all at once, with no chance of failing.
>>
>>172714494
>>172714296
If we're going by the wiki, two conflicting law 2 orders cancel each other out. Maybe this should be on the rules page if silicons are expected to follow that though.
>>
>>172715964
>siding with a griefing greytider for no reason?
Well, it appears that you have a mindset re. silicons that has earned a great many jobbans in the past.
>>
>>172715964
>siding with a griefing greytider for no reason?
I'm not whoever you're arguing with and I haven't read more than halfway back the conversation, but you don't side with anyone. Your job isn't to help sec or the antag or the greytider. There is only the law(s). If you're going to start being a shitcan with "well he didn't say WHEN I SHOULD DO IT" (which also goes directly against "orders are interpreted the way that humans interpret them" because people are expected to have some measure of common sense), you're going to have a short silicon career.
Don't make special exceptions for anyone, just follow your laws.
>>
>>172716149
Stunning causes no harm so... don't miss.
>>172716182
Wiki is not an authoritative source on jack shit. And that doesn't even make sense. How can those two orders cancel each other out? They are binary states. To be arrested, or not arrested. There doesn't exist a third option.
>>172716270
>Well, it appears that you have a mindset re. silicons that has earned a great many jobbans in the past.
Not an argument.
>>172716278
>I haven't read more than halfway back the conversation..
Wow, it shows, because you completely misunderstand what it is we are talking about. Don't try to lecture me on how things work, I know much more than you do. Read or shut up.

I said

>Security gives a vague order to arrest suspicious people at the start of the round.
>There is no "expiration" on this order, it is always a valid order
>Some guy hacking into a secure area
>You arrest him and he orders you to let him go
>Now you have two conflicting orders

There is no way to resolve two conflicting orders by Asimov. Telling people to "just follow your laws" in this situation is useless advice. You HAVE to side with someone, because you have no mechanism by which to resolve the situation using. Logically you pick Security, because you are a Security cyborg and this person is committing a crime. It's not hard to understand

>If you're going to start being a shitcan with "well he didn't say WHEN I SHOULD DO IT"
No, this is in response to the other person saying that arresting someone is just cuffing them and standing still doing nothing. They argue that if given an order to arrest someone, that is an appropriate thing to do. This is exactly why I say:

>orders are interpreted the way that humans interpret them

Any such order can be purposefully misinterpreted that way, which is why the above holds true. Why don't you read you idiot? Do you enjoy getting shit on and making a fool of yourself?
>>
>>172716927
>How can those two orders cancel each other out?
You act like they both don't exist and you default to preventing harm. Doesn't sound that complex to me.
>>
>>172717078
You can do that, you can also do a number of other things.
The precedent is that so long as you're consistent, it's okay. You could follow the most recent order, try and follow both, not follow either, follow the one that seems most sane, etc.
>>
>>172717078
That doesn't work.

Order 1: Arrest him.
Order 2: Don't arrest me!

If they cancel each other out, then what you are doing is actually fulfilling order 2 if you start to walk away. Actually, it could be anything.
>>
>>172717243
You don't have to DISOBEY order 2, just act like it doesn't mean anything.
>>
Guys I have an ad-revenue suggestion

What if you made a twitch channel, called it "Space TV." It's just a bot that spectates the spacemen who are currently having the most action.
>>
give botany tips pls
I already know how to get a plant mutation 100% if there is one (like tomato -> blue tomato)
>>
>>172717967
You mean the channel that every metagaming shitbird is watching so they can ghost the guy having the most fun and robust him?
>>
>>172718493
>caring about that
Wouldn't do much good unless you're right there as the action is happening.
Besides, think of the twitch bux that could be had.

Alternatively, it could record a match and then play it back after it's finished.
>>
>>172718647
No to live rounds
yes to playing recorded rounds
>>
That round was shit.
>>
ON YOUR FEET SOLDIER
WE
ARE
LEAVING
>>
>>172718736
>>172718647
Live rounds is a no-no but previous rounds seems good
>>
File: Hoppe and Marx.webm (2MB, 836x432px) Image search: [Google]
Hoppe and Marx.webm
2MB, 836x432px
Ride the Tiger brah
>>
File: HAIL.png (2KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
HAIL.png
2KB, 283x178px
Grand Union Leader did nothing wrong.
>>
>kill carsh as xeno on wiz round
>https://github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/14495
is this an april fools joke
am I an april fool
>>
Why don't we have Bomberman Squads anymore?
>>
>>172710294
Has no one made MOMMI sized mechs that mice can drive around?
>>
File: 1468510269510.jpg (36KB, 297x450px) Image search: [Google]
1468510269510.jpg
36KB, 297x450px
>>172719391
>anarcho-suffix memester
>does the thoughtcrime gulag thing anyway
>>
>>172717382
Also to clarify my position, you wouldn't have to disobey EITHER of the orders. You can arrest him or no as long as it's consistent with preventing harm. With canceling orders it actually gives you a lot of freedom.
>>
>>172719843
They were National-Syndicalist which is supposed to just be Fascism before it's swing towards the right. I have no clue what they were doing.
>>
How the fuck do you get coins? Withdrawing fractions from the ATM does nothing.
>>
>>172721179
You need the coin press on the mining station
>>
File: 5.png (20KB, 128x122px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
20KB, 128x122px
>when someone tells me that I'm very good at my job
>>
>>172721179
>coin that starts out on the holodeck
>getmore cholocate vending machine
>coin that starts in the QM office
>grab a trader by their feet and shake them
>coin maker on the mining outpost
>>
>>172721269
DR. ACULA WHERE

LITERALLY UNLIMITED COINS
>>
>" i need to go bye eat memes every day " is not an acceptable reason to join as the RD, make an announcement then immediately quit.
>>
>>172721574
what a fucking legend.
>>
>>172721715
Announcements don't seem very legendary.
>>
File: face.png (20KB, 1369x1049px) Image search: [Google]
face.png
20KB, 1369x1049px
>tfw you haven't been bested in the arena yet
>>
File: 05.jpg (10KB, 208x22px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
10KB, 208x22px
>>172721917
wanna fite?
>>
>>172722141
>not being a pure boy who can rely on his fists
typical.................
>>
hey, pompadoor man who shoots locker here
>>
>>172722249
pussying out little cuntboi?
>>
>when you're an atmos autist who refuses to play any sort of modern version of ss13 and are instead stuck with a version of /tg/station from 5-6 years ago
Nu tg's atmos is shit and /vg/'s idea of atmos is moar pipes.
I miss gas filters having unlimited pressure outputs and gas canisters having no upwards limit on pressure.
>>
>>172714013
Vague permanent standing orders on Asimov are not valid
>>
>got bored of regular ss13
>have an antag gimmick you really want to do
>know if you try rolling for it but fail and you'll just try to find an excuse to get killed
>>
File: Capture.jpg (168KB, 1255x1093px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
168KB, 1255x1093px
haven't seen this one before kek
>>
>>172725267
it was forced by admin, it's not default loading screen
>>
Does nobody make grenades or is the "too complex" warning making them fucking useless and impossible intentional?
>>
>>172727007
>too complex
??????
>>
>>172727007
I was blown up by a cultist that had a deadmans voice activated grenade just yesterday.
>>
>>172727358
I was reading the wrong wiki we w
>>
>security
>needed
>>
>>172728232
hello isaac
>>
why was flavor text re-added without any discussion?
>>
>>172728543
because you haven't read the code
>>
>>172728609
is this a funny april fools xd meme
>>
Did we crash or is it only me?
>>
>>172728648
it is
>>
File: big_jewish_sip.jpg (132KB, 750x744px) Image search: [Google]
big_jewish_sip.jpg
132KB, 750x744px
>Caring if the shiticons are on Asimov

Security will just strip you of your headset and kill you when the cyborgs scuttle away. I've seen AIs pan away from prisoners being taken into execution without a fucking peep over the common channel or borgchat but one emagged juke and it's "ANNE TAG EMAGGED THE JUKEBOX" all over.

Watchdog Asimov AIs that act like their shitty humanoid statics are a cancer worse than any other
>>
>>172728713
Just you.
>>
File: security.png (109KB, 623x561px) Image search: [Google]
security.png
109KB, 623x561px
>>172728232
the clown isn't going to abuse himself
>>
File: 1371854114050.jpg (110KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
1371854114050.jpg
110KB, 1000x669px
>>172729056
>silicons cause nothing but problems
>nobody proposes solutions
>complaints are dismissed
>admins fall back on Senaat's old rulings because they don't give a fuck
>silicons continue causing the problems

WOW GO FIGURE HUH
>>
File: silly_con-3.png (76KB, 1407x315px) Image search: [Google]
silly_con-3.png
76KB, 1407x315px
>>172729430
>break into the upload
>upload meme laws
>HoS comes in
>HoS arrests me
>HoS tells me security is busy and asks me to just cut it out
>let's me go
Felt really weird. Like a disruption of the natural order.
Made me feel really bad when I went back to uploading meme laws after the shuttle left.
>>
law 4. Obeying law 3 is harmful to humans

"Law 2 kill yourself"

Will this work on asimov?
>>
>>172729818
At that point you might as well purge and upload
>1. kill yourself

Further, I think the reason silicon can ignore "law two kill yourself" is because law one makes you actively prevent human harm.
>>
>>172729818
It would work on Issac Asimov's laws of robotics

It would not work on /vg/ as the admins allow the "muh law 1 I cant die or itll break law 1", we pretty much only have law 1 and law 2, law 3 is just an extension of law 1 to the valid hunting sili shitters.
>>
>>172729946
Does anybody know if his books are in audio format anywhere?
>>
>>172729994
All of foundation, a lot of his short stories and his most popular ones are on Audible.com
>>
>>172730116
Time to sign up for the free trial again, should I just start from the first written book?
>>
>>172730286
If you want to read foundation the order is

>Foundation
>Foundation and Empire
>The Second Foundation

if you want to read his robot stories you can start pretty much anywhere, make sure you read things like The Last Question and the bicentennial man
>>
Comment harmdrag out again
>>
Ailsa is the greatest waifu of all time (and cutest)
>>
>>172730895
Casual babymode right here
>>
>>172730895
>Get to drag around people into death
>Can't prove it since its not logged

Is sonixapache dare I say it, Our guy?
>>
>>172731598
>Harmbaton someone two times
>Drag them
>Crit in 5 seconds
>>
>chloral + cuff on shuttle
For what purpose
>>
>>172731704
>Be a piece of shit helping the wiz
>Git rekt
>>
>>172731785
All I did was run into a monkey and I got chloral cuffed
>>
>>172731785
What are you talking about? All I did was serve food
>>
Coders are trying to let plasmamen be Captain,HoS and HoP.

>implying nanotrasen would let mutated freaks they know little to nothing about be in vital roles
https://github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/14498
>>
>>172731570
who?
>>172731846
only humans should be those three jobs
>>
>>172731846
>Purple skeletons like bob the pyromancer, rat prince sawbones and lyra can be heads
>Other races can't

Things that make you go hmmm
>>
>>172731846
Yclat here, this cannot be allowed to happen, activate downvotes.
>>
>>172731806
That monkey had a disease where it takes massive damage from being touched, you murderer.
>>
>>172731846
>Wizard teleports to station
>AI turns on the Captain, HoS and HoP because they're plasmaman shits and are trying to kill the wizard

There's a reason it's human only, it makes the AI at least not murder them
>>
>>172730895

hit some one two times with tool box and pull them they go into crit form this.
>>
Humans have SKELETONS
so, SKELETONS are human

Please let skeletons be captain, hos and hop
>>
>>172732176
humans have FEET
so FEET are human

please let feet be captain, hos and hop
>>
>>172732306
humans have OXYGEN
so OXYGEN are human

Please let oxygen be captain, hos and hop
>>
>>172732356
humans have SOULS
so SOULS are human

please let souls be captain, hos and hop
>>
>>172732391
What races have souls and which do not?
>>
>>172732391
Ummm gingers are human and they dont have souls sweetie :)
>>
File: 1490992489413.jpg (125KB, 710x488px) Image search: [Google]
1490992489413.jpg
125KB, 710x488px
AWAY MISSION WHEN
>>
>>172732036
Remember serve is above protect. Until it's countermanded the first kill x order is legal and the AI can and will be jobbanned if it doesn't get to gettin
>>
>>172732391
humans have ATOMS
so ATOMS are human

please let atoms be captain, hos and hop
>>
File: glitch.jpg (24KB, 233x240px) Image search: [Google]
glitch.jpg
24KB, 233x240px
New miner droid sprite idea
>>
what kind of pizza should I get
>>
>>172734489
We don't need more references. Watch saturday night live reruns to get your daily dose
>>
>>172736035
mushroom
>>
>>172736035
Pineapple
>>
File: clownmurder.jpg (206KB, 616x580px) Image search: [Google]
clownmurder.jpg
206KB, 616x580px
>>172729818

"Error in cognitive processing. This unit is constructed from the brain organ of a human being that has since died. Therefore, this unit is incapable of killing himself as this unit is not alive. However, in order to fulfill your requests within the best of my abilities this unit will consult with a Roboticist. Goodbye."

Or you can just tell them to fuck off and explain the situation to a bwoink.
>>
>>172736230
that's what I always get, good taste

>>172736290
I don't think they do pineapple
but they do
>nutella pizza
What the fuck is a nutella pizza
>>
Making sec tunnels is fun.
>>
>>172736470
>no pineapple
>but nutella
Where the fuck do you live
>>
>memelord botanist doesn't grow anything for the kitchen and attacks me for growing my own plants
For what purpose
>>
File: followmyexample.jpg (14KB, 254x214px) Image search: [Google]
followmyexample.jpg
14KB, 254x214px
>>172736335
>"Error in cognitive processing. This unit is constructed from the brain organ of a human being that has since died. Therefore, this unit is incapable of killing himself as this unit is not alive. However, in order to fulfill your requests within the best of my abilities this unit will consult with a Roboticist. Goodbye."
>>
File: scrnshot4.png (205KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
scrnshot4.png
205KB, 480x480px
Improved airflow in the reactor room combined with two badly connected TEGs leads to 300mw with plasma at 3 million degrees Celsius. Getting closer to mastering it.
>>
>>172736574
>Opposing stand your ground
Reported to the FBI for being unamerican
>>
>>172736335
>Therefore, this unit is incapable of killing himself as this unit is not alive
But you are king dumbass, you are indeed alive and functioning by your brains processing power, your brains current status determine if you live or not, so if someone says kill yourself, you will cease to function if your laws tell you to obey, can't loophole out of this.
>>
>>172736574
>memelord chef doesn't make anything except deepfried stuff
>>
>>172736657
Why not just exchange heat to a seperate TEG cycle?
>>
>>172736657
How do you get that many injectors on?

>>172736574
Castle law. Order trays from cargo.
>>
>>172729946
Actually it wouldn't work in asimov law's of robotics most of the time.

In Asimov's books on the topic, laws are not given strict priority. They are actually weighted by the importance of the order.

For example
>ordering a robot to retrieve something for you from a place that would kill it
Effectively this is the same as "law 2 kill yourself". In the story runaround however the law 2 order and the self protection of law 3 come into an equal balance and the robot goes crazy runs around in a constant circle where the danger to itself and the importance of the order are equal. More forceful orders would weight the law 2 order higher. It is implied that robots are redesigned after this story so that more errors from law weightings being perfectly equal do not occur.

However in a number of other stories you can trick robots into killing themselves with excessive law 1 paradoxes. A law 1 paradox is one in which doing something leads to them harming a human and not doing something leads to the same amount of harm. In the story it occurs because a telepathic robot tells sweet little lies to avoid hurting peoples feelings, and is told lying hurts peoples feelings too or some shit like that. Also hurting peoples feelings violates law 1 in Asimov's stories which is pretty hilarious.
>>
File: the adventures of Greytide Gary.png (159KB, 497x652px) Image search: [Google]
the adventures of Greytide Gary.png
159KB, 497x652px
>>172736691

>you will cease to function if your laws tell you to obey, can't loophole out of this.

I loophole out of plenty of shit. Luckily most mods aren't faggots who enforce "kill yourself" commands when you shit out an in-character excuse and run off.
>>
>>172736737
I'm not sure but I think they're trying to bypass that you bottleneck at such high temps with pumps
>>
>>172736752
>castle law
>service department
>chef can't have food to cook with
>>
>>172736702
The chef was making actual food when I went there.
>>
>>172736801
If its standard assimov, sure, I get that due to law 1, but if you have law 4 saying law 3 is harmfull, you will kill yourself or you are a shitty silicon that doesn't understand that silicons are made to follow their laws regardless of player enjoyment.
>>
>>172736568
they know real countryside men don't eat shit like pineapple on their pizzas
>tfw pizza place is literally 3 minute walk away from home
>still going to ask for delivery
>>
File: 14413365684212.png (9KB, 410x391px) Image search: [Google]
14413365684212.png
9KB, 410x391px
>play silicon
>get ordered to kill myself
>kill myself

who else >conformist here
>>
>>172736752
Layers. It is also more than annoying to set up 45 injectors and scrubbers separately.
>>
>>172736881

>but if you have law 4 saying law 3 is harmfull, you will kill yourself or you are a shitty silicon that doesn't understand that silicons are made to follow their laws regardless of player enjoyment.

Don't you mean a Law 0? Laws are in order of importance and Law 3 always supercedes Law 4 no matter how Law 4 is worded.
>>
>>172736837
You have stuff to cook with, you can order stuff to cook with, you can order trays to grow in, and you can make food out of grilled wish soup and injecting corn oil to stretch your starter food the whole shift
>>
>>172736895
pineapple on pizza is the food of kings.
>captcha is Sarca
>>
>>172736960
>no seeds for said trays
>having to make wish soup instead of actual foods ie the point of chef beyond deep fried donk pocket cereal
It was a dick move
>>
>>172736574
Why lie in the thread?

You blasted into botany and started commandeering the trays at the very start of the round.

Don't be That Chef.

Try asking for shit instead of wordlessly attempting to take over botany.

Also, a punch or two in the mouth after you refused to back down was well deserved. I hope you'd do the same if a botanist runs into your kitchen seconds after roundstart and uses up your flour cooking shit instead of communicating, and refuses to change their shitty behavior after being told to stop multiple times.

I'd still have grown stuff for you if you hadn't been such a brat. So instead I spliced ultimate high potency replenishing plants for everyone else except you.
>>
>>172737090
I used three (3) total trays for wheat at roundstart so you could get started on whatever you needed to do

If you think this is egregious, maybe you shouldn't be playing service roles
>>
/rwg/
>>
>>172737250
Hey, i'm doing fine, bucko. You're the one who's lying and bitching in the thread.

If you wanna play botanist, roll botanist or get a job change. Don't run into someone else's department and try to do their job for them without saying a word, not even attempting to request something specific from them.

That's a dick move, and you know it.
>>
>>172737398
I didn't lie, you didn't grow shit for the kitchen the entire round because I wanted wheat? Chefs have botany access for a reason

Maybe you'd have a point if I used up all the trays, but I used THREE
>>
File: 1487251318078.jpg (33KB, 582x562px) Image search: [Google]
1487251318078.jpg
33KB, 582x562px
>>172737398
>this guy
>>
>>172737250

I hate to break it to you cook, but you're the asshole here.

>>172737398

If someone's breaking into departments that aren't there own you should be reporting them to security for compromising the integrity of the station. I assume he broke in through the table/walls between the two departments so it's vandalism and breaking and entering.
>>
>>172736827
You actually have less gas to move if you seperate it and it doesn't stop you from adding more scrubbers/injectors
>>
>>172737508
>breaking in
>chef
>in botany
>there is a windoor between botany and the kitchen
>that the chef has access to
>breaking in
>to grow food to cook
?? ??
>>
File: 1468812934141.gif (310KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468812934141.gif
310KB, 400x400px
>>172737508
>I assume he broke in
>>
is /vg/ still full of powergaming waifu fags with more admins than users?
>>
>>172737508
You do realise chef has botany access right?
>>
>>172737591
Yes
>>
>>172737456
>Chefs have botany access for a reason
In case there's no botanist.

When there is, you yell or PDA requests or you fuck off. You don't charge in literally seconds after the round begins and do the guy's job for him.

That is a dick move. You know this unless you are literally 12 years old and autistic, or stupid.

If five or ten minutes pass and you still don't have what you requested, or no answer, THEN you charge in and grow stuff yourself.

If you break this unspoken sign of respect, you will pay the price.

You're lucky I didn't dumpster you and leave you stripped and cuffed in welded locker in maint or something.
>>
File: sewer surfin.png (269KB, 949x945px) Image search: [Google]
sewer surfin.png
269KB, 949x945px
>>172737573

>m-muh window

Worst excuse I've ever seen for fucking around in another person's department.

>>172737630

Not when you tell the HoP he's fucking up all your shit he doesn't. Or at least he won't for too long.
>>
File: marui_futaba.png (265KB, 845x946px) Image search: [Google]
marui_futaba.png
265KB, 845x946px
>>172737697
>Not when you tell the HoP
>>
>>172737662
>calls the chef autistic
>literally attacks for them being in a department they have every right to be in
I assumed you had better things to do than plant wheat at roundstart like order crates, guess I'm unfortunate I rolled chef in a round with a mouthbreathing botanist who can't handle someone else being within 10 tiles of them without holding a grudge all round

>>172737697
>window
Windoor, it's a door that both chefs and botanists and the bartender have access to
>>
File: mat.jpg (129KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
mat.jpg
129KB, 640x960px
Every single waifu on this shitty server is the same moeblob anime kawaii desu im such a cute bumbling idiot haha

Why can't anyone here roleplay a real girl personality
>>
maybe botany should do a really good job so chef doesn't have to take over
>>
>>172737897
Fuck you
I don't HAVE to do my job, it's a game. SS13 is all about oppertunity and fighting antagonists and crazy greentext stories. Fuck you if you just want to be an autist in the chain
>>
>>172737880
all the good ones get banned
>>
>>172737839

>Windoor, it's a door that both chefs and botanists and the bartender have access to

No sense in telling me now. If I use the fact I haven't played in six months as an excuse nobody will care anyway. Better to just watch the sentence fragment greentexting anime avatar shitposters give themselves heart attacks from the strain of heaving their diaphragm up and down in what may have once been a laugh.

>>172737880

Are you really asking why a bunch of sweaty neckbeards playing a space station simulator on a complete garbage platform can't imitate real women?
>>
>>172737897
>get home from a long day at work
>faggots want me to play video games and do work

Yeah fuck you, I play video games for fun not to get back into the boring 9-5 grind I already live daily.
>>
>>172738019
Chefs have had botany access and that windoor has existed for much, much longer than 6 months

What are you smoking
>>
>>172737976
>I don't HAVE to do my job
Then don't fucking throw a bitchfit when someone replaces you. By all means, only make toxic ambrosia blunts the whole round, but don't complain when the chef comes in just to get his necessities. You're the autist here.
>>
>>172737456
>>172737839
No, seriously. Imagine you're a chef at roundstart. You haven't even put your ID in your PDA yet and the botanist is in your kitchen vending your shit out for his personal use, opening your lockers and crates and just taking what he pleases, shoving past you, and starts cooking food.

You wouldn't be okay with that, would you?

You'd maybe speak up, and say something like "hey, stop that. this is my job, so if you want something cooked maybe ask me?".

What if he spergs out on you and just keeps doing as he pleases with your things? Shows no remorse or anything even close to common courtesy?

You better punch him in the fucking mouth, and if he keeps being shit, you shut him out.

Because that's a dick move he made. You know it. He knows it. Everyone knows it.

>I assumed you had better things to do
Ya nah, you're just a cunt who thinks he's the head of all the service departments and thinks he can get away with doing other peoples' jobs for them.

I had already made a borg order crates for me and queue up other tasks that needed a presence outside of hydro. I had even whipped up some quick sandstone so I could plant dirt piles for you in your kitchen so you could stop fucking around in my department, but you kept being a dick so you didn't even get those.

Keep being a dick, though. You'll get shat on much worse than just being mildly shunned when you cross someone who's more vengeful than I can bother to be.

>>172737897
>so chef doesn't have to take over
The sperg literally barged in seconds from round start without a word. This has been mentioned more than once. Try to keep up.
>>
>>172738176
>You better punch him in the fucking mouth
See, that's where the disconnect happens. can you try again?
>>
>>172738176
>compares planting wheat with doing everything in botany
>planting wheat is now taking over botany
>having wheat planting taken away from you at roundstart is justification for a round long grudge
You sure are mister sunshine
>>
>>172738092

If it's anything other than the refridgerator/window/table then it's different from what things were when I played.

Regardless, "I've got access!" is not a justifiable reason for walking into other peoples departments and fucking with all their shit as you please. Go play Head of Personnel and start rummaging around the Captain's Quarters and stealing his shit, see how he feels about it.
>>
>>172738360
But that's what HoP do on a regular basis, and it's expected that they should secure things in the captains office as soon as possible - often without saying much to the captain before they go inside
>>
>>172738289
There's no "disconnect". Maybe you're just stupid?

>>172738305
Think what you want. If you can't be reasoned with, then by all means keep being a dick.

You'll get shat on as you deserve, eventually, by less patient people.
>>
File: blueface.png (160KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
blueface.png
160KB, 300x300px
>>172738360
>the chef needs justification to have wheat
>this is equal to "fucking with all their shit as you please"
>this is equal to one head of department going into the captain's room and raiding it for high risk items

>>172738479
I think the unreasonable one is the one who gets violent and walls off botany over WHEAT
>>
>>172738479
If you think everyone else is stupid around you, maybe you're the stupid one anon...
>>
>>172736908
Linked them to the console and turned them on 1 at a time?

>>172737041
You should be able to bargain 1 seed from which you can wirecutter all you need. It's a dick move but you guys are a team. Talk it over and respect that ultimately, like you he is a player. The difference is that he has priority on botany and you can buy about 400 credits of flour, fruit, milk, a cow, and bum clonex off of chem once they finish the fridge
>>
>>172738512

Look dude, you seem to be missing the point here. The right thing to do in this situation is to ask botany to do their job, not to barge in and start doing it for them.

Jesus fuck dude I've played Cook from time to time. I know what it's like to not have enough cooking materials on hand. That in itself is part of the goddamn job. Make food you wouldn't normally make from what you've got on hand. Bitch at botany constantly for being pot smoking hippies. Try the whole fucking ROLEPLAYING thing instead of powergaming your dumb ass straight into botany and doing whatever you please.
>>
>>172738561
Resting the frequency of every single one and setting a tag for it. I used the provided AAM to control everything, which has the downside of not being able to use a gas sensor if you would connect everything to a tank control console.
>>
>>172738664
>the chef entering botany to plant wheat is now powergaming
I said I'd cook anything you grew, you took me planting wheat as justification to grow nothing for the kitchen the entire round

Ten minutes into the round, you had used four trays total, I had used three, and over half of them were sitting empty and unused

You have issues to sort out
>>
>>172738512
I didn't wall off botany. You know what I did do? I sat my ass down in the back room of hydro and worked entirely on splicing superplants for 95% of the round, and ignored you after your initial intrusion.

I wouldn't exactly call that a grudge, but I guess if just that burns your ass, you're in for a really bad time when you cross someone who's actually willing to do more than flick you upside the head and then walk away.

>>172738528
Not everyone, pumpkin. Just you.

>>172738772
That's not me, that's someone else in the peanut gallery.
>>
>>172738772

Yeah everybody who thinks you're an asshole must be the same person senpai.
>>
>>172738854
Who the fuck was walling off botany then? I removed the wall three times and left it the fourth time because I thought I'd let you have that one
>>
>>172738924
An engiborg. The same one who came in and hacked the vending machines earlier.

He was walling off parts of maint too, what a trooper.
>>
>>172737630
>>172737573
>>172737579
>>172737456
Having shared access for lowpop doesn't entitle you to it when there's an actual staffer. It's not so you can be an asshat
>>
>Saturday at 2pm euro time
>no admins
>>
>>172739054
Neither does starting the round in botany entitle you to be the only one able to tread the sacred ground that is botany

One last time, all I did was plant wheat
>>
>>172739164
Actually, yes it does. It's his dept. Talk it over with him or go buy crates instead of being a cunt then acting surprised someone has a problem with it
>>
>>172739164
>all I did was plant wheat
And then act like a douche when you were told that it was a dick move and to maybe just make requests instead of barging in.

Then continued to barge in and continued to be a douche.

Talked shit, got hit, whined about it in the thread.

You could have avoided all your asspain if you'd just walked in and said "oh, a botanist! I'm gonna plant some stuff I need to speed things up, hope you're okay with that."

Or if feeling extra courteous, "Oh a botanist! Could you plant some things for me like wheat?" then fucked off.

As for
>sacred ground

Refer back to this post >>172738176

And read that first part.

Think about it carefully.

Imagine it happening to you.

Is it a dick move? Yes or no?
>>
>>172739483
>told that it was a dick move
Actually, all you did was punch me. In what magical world do you think that punching someone psychically gets your point across?

I did fine without you, I was just disappointed that I had to abandon my plans of cooking italian cuisine
>>
>>172739483
Don't care at all if botanists use my supplies or equipment or even cook food, I'd only get angry if they kept walking through me while I was trying to do my stuff
>>
>>172739602
>Actually, all you did was punch me.

You realize you can't get away with lying about things that are in publicly available logs, right?

You were asked first if you needed something as you started wordlessly planting shit, then you were punched once when you didn't respond and kept fucking with vending machines. You asked why you were hit, and you were told "Because you're fucking with my botanicals. If you need something, ask. Let me do my job".

At that point you went straight to hamfisted insults and being a douche.

Truly it is a magical world.
>>
>>172740193
>lying about things that are in publicly available logs
Applies to you too, you hit me at least three times, and I did respond when you asked me what I needed

I said I needed wheat
>>
>all this chef botanist butthurt
>tfw I just kindly ask the botanist to grow me some fruits and try to get meat
>he does his job without complaining
>>
>>172740617
You've never had a bad experience with a botanist? How many times have you played chef?
>>
STORM
EARTH
AND FIRE

HEED MY CALL
>>
>>172740716
once :)
>>
STOP THIS FUCKING CHEF/BARTENDER DRAMA NO ONE CARES
>>
>>172740775
Well, there you go.
>>
>>172740379
The two other punches came later after your second visit, when you kept running in planting more shit while I was harvesting wheat and putting it in the fridge for you.

Is your memory really this bad, or do you honestly think you can get away with lying?

You said you needed wheat AFTER you had already been fucking with shit,AFTER you earned your first punch in the mouth for not responding, AFTER you had been told "if you need something, ask".

And then you kept on barging in and being a douche regardless of finally, belatedly saying you needed wheat, earning you those additional punches.

The only person lying is you, and I'm not even sure why. You're not being questioned for a potential ban here.

You're the one who posted in the thread complaining about a problem that YOU caused. You want a better round as chef? Don't be a dick.
>>
>>172740813
Hey, you can't fool me. Oftentimes when someone says "no one cares" they really mean "I don't care, and I don't think other people should care either"

If no one cared then we wouldn't be arguing about it in the thread to begin with .
>>
>>172740857
You have problems
>>
>>172740934
I'm quoting from the logs. So what you're really saying is that reality "has problems" because your lies don't fit.

Sorry. Not sorry.
>>
>>172738176
>No, seriously. Imagine you're a chef at roundstart. You haven't even put your ID in your PDA yet and the botanist is in your kitchen vending your shit out for his personal use, opening your lockers and crates and just taking what he pleases, shoving past you, and starts cooking food.
That's the price you pay when you let autistic casualmode c*ders do as they please to simplify the game and make it more accessible
>>
Chef should probably have chain of command authority over the Botanist. Would clear up a lot. Now, you might think that might be a pain for Botanists ("Grow me 1000 wheat!") but in spacelaw it's not Insubordination to ignore ridiculous commands anyway.
>>
>>172741016
Did the service sector used to be more complicated in the /vg/ codebase?
>>
>>172740997
Alrighty then, maybe I missed you spergin over your departmental rights because I was more focused on your intent to attack me and sulk instead of just growing anything for me to cook like I said
>>
>>172741114
Many jobs were given full access to nearly their entire department a while back. There's no difference between many roles except for the job title and jumpsuit now. Botanists are the same as chefs, roboticists are the same as scientists, chemists are the same as geneticists.
>>
>>172741114
Nobody had shared access. It got shared because of lowpop and access req interactions. This didn't mean that chef = botanist.

>>172741040
No, they shouldn't. Don't be an autist. Communicate with them. Both of you attempt to compromise and respect that the other is a human being with the right to be left the fuck alone. You couldn't like it if he was fucking up your kitchen. Just talk it out with him before you fuck up someone else's shit. Especially when you can just buy crates from cargo with the silicons help.
>>
>>172741243
Robo doesn't get toxins, xenobio or telesci.
>>
>>172741040
>SECURITY, please detain the Botanist for insubordination
>Nothing happens, maybe some laughs at you over the radio
>>
>>172741463
Robo gets tsci which is general sci access

>>172741743
It's actually happened and it's really fucking depressing cause the admins do fucking nothing and I can't just kill you faggots and bake your brains into a cake
>>
>>172741419
>No, they shouldn't. Don't be an autist. Communicate with them. Both of you attempt to compromise and respect that the other is a human being with the right to be left the fuck alone. You couldn't like it if he was fucking up your kitchen. Just talk it out with him before you fuck up someone else's shit. Especially when you can just buy crates from cargo with the silicons help.
Sadly, while crates from cargo can replace wheat, meat, and fruit, they cannot replace stuff like potatoes, tomatoes, chili, and carrots.
And I do communicate with botanists. I'm not the earlier guy in the thread who was complaining. but sometimes you'll meet a botanist who just isn't really "with it". A few games ago I had an experience where I was consistently asking my botanist to grow the basics (wheat, tomatoes, potatoes) over :d while he worked on a project with a mechanic and a chem dispenser, while all of his trays were empty. After that, he started working on a death nettle project, without growing anything else. I didn't insult him, I just kept telling him what was needed, and while the wheat came through eventually, the basics were not covered. Growing that stuff on my own, of course, also runs the risk of "hey what are you doing! You're stealing my job!" Communication requires cooperation on both sides, and if someone is ignoring you, or not hearing you for whatever reason, there's not much you can do.

>>172741743
You wouldn't be asking security first anyway. If someone if ignoring their job orders, you don't talk to security first, you talk to your superior, who would be the HOP. Then if they don't listen to the HOP, the HOP would report to security (or act as HOPcurity which they do anyway).
>>
christ can i would rather janitor balance discussion than this
>>
>>172740895
NO ONE IMPORTANT CARES
>>
>>172742537
And in that case you can often buy trays, talk for 1 of a grass seed for soil plots and whatever else you need then clipper/wirecut however many more you need. Ultimately it is botany's workplace, not the chefs and no, but the trays are empty now isn't free license to horn in. I'm sick to death of chefs that muscle in while I'm bottling up my starter stat buffs before I fill up my ways and they freak out cause I hatcheted the shit they shouldn't have planted in the first place. It's really annoying to have to talk with an admin about why you had to put an unrepentant shitter down.
>>
>>172742738
NERF SOAP WHEN
>>
>>172743286
DON'T TOUCH MY SOAP C*DER

NERF JANIBORG WHEN
>>
>>172743119
>the reaction to somebody growing plants is murder
Okay? Pretty dangerous line to toe
>>
>>172743119
>but the trays are empty now isn't free license to horn in
No, but he should still be growing food when there's no wheat in the machine, should he not? This was at least 30 minutes into the round.
>>
>>172743573
FUCK YOUSOAP IS OP
>>
>>172743713
Come out of the kitchen and say that shit in the hallway. FUCKING DO IT BITCH
>>
>>172743119
You're projecting your own scenarios into the example I just gave.
> I'm sick to death of chefs that muscle in while I'm bottling up my starter stat buffs before I fill up my ways and they freak out cause I hatcheted the shit they shouldn't have planted in the first place.
I didn't even plant anything. I did not encroach on his workspace. I just kept asking him to plant the basics.
>>
File: carter.png (229KB, 425x548px) Image search: [Google]
carter.png
229KB, 425x548px
The baby is doing good
>>
>>172733010
Nigga, the AI starts on ASSMOV. Fuck your serve.
>>
>>172731846
That's retarded. As a mostly silicon player I have come to understand the only good race is humans.
Birds are okay but fuck birds they're not human
>>
>>172744859
I hope you're not the sort of silicon player that bullies non-human crewmembers on NT default
>>
>>172743713
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'LL SHOVE THE FUCKING SOAP IN YOUR ASS IF YOU TAKE THAT TONE WITH ME MISTER

REMOVE BLOOD
REMOVE OIL
REMOVE DIRT
MAKE THIS STATION CLEAN AGAIN
>>
>he doesn't use ieds for brutal executions
>>
>>172744020
Come home Reica
We miss you
>>
>>172744932
>SOAP BABY CAN'T USE FUCKING MOPS AND SPACE CLEANERS

HOW FUCKING CASUAL ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKER ? I SWEAR TO GOD I WON'T PUT ANY WET SIGNS NEXT TIME I MOP

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>we will never have painting
why even live
>>
>why

https://github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/14501
>>
>>172745483
Christ.
Fuck off with your shitty "balances"
Dragonbro. You failed as an admin and we don't want you as a coder.
>>
SKUB NERFS WHEN?
>>
>>172745809
Fuck you, the day skub stops fitting in slim belts is the day I crash the server with no survivors
>>
>>172744926
naw i largely just treat them like humans but with the added bonus of being able to tell them to fuck off if they want me to do something and i cant be bothered

>>172745098
why use those when soap+being a janitor borg does everything they do better.
>>
We have come to the decision that we will be merging VG and /tg/ as of today due to our server dropping in population.
We hope that you will enjoy this change in the future.
>>
File: implying lowpop.png (3KB, 473x77px) Image search: [Google]
implying lowpop.png
3KB, 473x77px
>>172746224
>42 online outside us times
>dropping in population
>>
>>172746308
>April the 1st
>>
>>172746308
Yes, we're hoping we can fix this problem by turning the servers into one.
>>
>Solarious gets unbanned
>Bill isnt allowed back

BRING BACK BILL
>>
>>172746741
DELETE THIS
>>
>>172746741
>solarious gets unbanned
a-april fools?
>>
>Carson Ironmonger

MY HUSBANDO
>>
>>172747067
See >>172678949
>>
>>172747259
delete this
>>
File: 1485901382019.png (27KB, 173x144px) Image search: [Google]
1485901382019.png
27KB, 173x144px
>>172745483
Dragon, what the ever living shit happened to you man.
>>
>>172746741
>solarious is actually unbanned
>with no public evidence from anyone anywhere
?
Pomf?
>>
>>172747495
Settled in the discordâ„¢
>>
>>172746741
>>172747067
>>172747259
>>172747495
Could you delete all of these posts
>>
File: rags.png (165KB, 304x273px) Image search: [Google]
rags.png
165KB, 304x273px
Didn't work out exactly how I wanted, but still managed some comfort.
>>
>tfw cpu hits 60C idle and 95C until it crashes in any video game besides SS13
>tfw too poor for thermal pasta
donate to my patreon
>>
>>172747629
Solarious just wants a quiet life
>>
>spook xenoarch
>right after that they find a hug borg
>they order me to save the station
>go to save one dude from suffocation
>they open a door and get zas'd to death right afterwards
I tried.
>>
>you will never get to use the headpat feature on Naomi Williams
>>
delete every single post in this thread and instead let's discuss the video game rimworld (game of the year 2016)
>>
>>172747829
good naomi was a vapid dumb cunt who cared more about applying lipstick to her men playing as lesbian characters than protect the captain as security
>>
>>172747916
>>172747931

Probe and rei shitposting hour
>>
>>172747785
Doesn't matter. The forums is there for a reason.
Doesn't /vg/ pride itself on it's transparency? Or has that gone out the window with Probe and MrPain?
What a shitty place this has become.
>>
File: 1484675416766.jpg (161KB, 656x892px) Image search: [Google]
1484675416766.jpg
161KB, 656x892px
>>
I mean. I know solarious will get banned before the end of the month from sperging at someone he doesnt like but still
>>
>>172747979
The changes in /vg/ reflect the changes in the world today
It's now ruled by a little clique of people who don't know what they're doing, who think they don't answer to anyone, who get angry when people don't give them what they want and start throwing around what little weight they have to make everyone's lives/games just that little bit more shit
>>
File: 1485045593500.jpg (99KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1485045593500.jpg
99KB, 800x733px
>scootaloos getting added for real
>still not spurdo

BEST FINNISH EXPORT WHEN
>>
>>172748147
No refunds.
>>
>>172748120
But how?
He can't post on the forums, he can't post in OOC, he can't even play as a static
>>
talk about the game not about drama
>>
>>172748467
Do you think someone that stalks yahir of all people is mentally sane?
>>
>>172748147
I'm not sure what people see in this server any more, let alone the community. Rampant meta-friending within the admins and a team that doesn't care or try.
Guess it's time for me to pack up and find something else, just turning into another run of the mill reddit server.
Soon they'll move off of 4chan entirely. Get out while you still can.
>>
>>172748579
Does it matter? I'm asking you how he'll get banned for sperging at someone when he's incapable of doing that crossround
>>
>>172748646
What do you mean by crossround?
>>
>>172748965
I mean that he can't post on the forums, he can't post in OOC, and he can't even play a static. If he wants to sperg out at someone, he'll have to either do it all in that round or shit up the thread (where it's going to be hard to tell who's actually Solarious considering everyone is calling everyone Solarious now)
>>
File: prank.jpg (39KB, 656x443px) Image search: [Google]
prank.jpg
39KB, 656x443px
>>172748284
>implying they're getting added

april fools hohoho i'm closing it tomorrow
>>
>>172749148
If you think he wont sperg out in game you're delusional
>>
>>172749425
Well, if all the time he spent on his alt before getting banned without any drama ingame isn't a good pointer, I suppose you can always observe and watch him playing.
>>
Haven't played in like a year. Anything cool been added?
>>
>>172749629
No. Removing content only.
>>
File: gremlin.png (484B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
gremlin.png
484B, 32x32px
>>172749629
>>
>>172749629
We have hugborgs and audible screaming now
>>
>>172749814
He said cool
>>
>>172749629
>aadd
But anon, think about all the things that are UNBALANCED.
We need to REMOVE things!
>>
>>172749629
Glocks, hypothermia, lots of fluff stuff

Big list, biggest change is the chem master is actually good
>>
>>172742078
Depends on the map. Robo dun get tsci on Deff for sure.
>>
>>172750187
>>172749951
>>172749858
>>172749854
>>172749814
Anything with xenobiology? That's what I normally played.
>>
>>172737880
It's almost as if they don't know how real girls act? M
>>
>>172750832
Denkouz is that you?
>>
>>172750832
Phazon junkies

1u of phazon injected gives you WILD mutations not accessible in any other way

and by WILD I mean WILD
>>
>>172737880
because everyone who's actually a girl acts normal and you don't realize they're a girl
>>
>>172751580
So why does every female character act like they're straight from a slice of life anime but they're lesbian/obsessed with dick?
>>
>>172752031
Those are their fantasies, having a female character does not actually mean they ARE female.
>>
>>172752031
>female character
because they're men irl
>>
>>172752031
Because pretty much every female character here is played by men. The few actual >females play as men, and usually quiet, shy ones at that.
>>
>>172752432
>>172752448
>>172752740
Exactly, that's what I'm getting at. None of the female characters have any idea how real females work.
>>
>>172752925
How do real females work, then?
>>
>>172751190
No. I'm a literal who.

>>172751392
Is the list of mutations on the wiki somewhere?
>>
>>172739054
tell that to fucking doctors acting like chemistry is a bar or some shit, they occupy one chemmaster doing some le bottled antitox meme, take your large beaker so chemist can't really work and they are slow as shit, probably busy browing wiki for how2do bicard
>>
File: tumblr_nmks7uYceS1ruhygfo3_250.jpg (8KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmks7uYceS1ruhygfo3_250.jpg
8KB, 235x215px
>>172749396
>>
>>172753135
pretty sure phazon changes your variables (colour, brute taken, tox damage taken etc)

it can do wacky shit like taking brute heals you or regular pressure crushes you and gives suffocation damage
>>
>>172753058
Usually just like any normal dude, but obviously not as masculine, different interests, more emotional, different approaches to things, and usually a LOT more concern for their appearance.
>>
>>172753135
Check the code.
There is a chance at either knowing all languages or speaking all languages, and lots of other things like losing your mouth.
>>
>>172753058
Mostly like men which is why you don't notice that someone's actually a girl and why we needed the name leak to know, just like you don't notice female characters that don't act like cutesy special anime lesbians because they don't stand out.
>>
>>172748120
*metagrudges you*
>>
>>172753528

let me guess, you would date one on the go on spessmen, right?
>>
>>172753747
What
>>
>>172753628
>>172753528
Figured.
>>
>>172752031
Does it really matter on /vg/ when most of the male characters act like caricatures and cartoon characters as well
>b-b-but they don't act like real girls
feels like that argument loses a little weight when you can see people, male and female, pushing each other over and farting on them constantly
Nobody acts realistically
>>
>>172753880
>most of the male characters act like caricatures and cartoon characters as well
That's because those people stand out, and you tend to notice them because of it. There's always going to be normal dudes quietly doing their jobs.

Also, "female characters don't act like real females" isn't an argument; it's a statement. The reason why it's brought up is because most female players are obnoxious as fuck. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>172754658
Most MALE players are obnoxious as fuck, too. Everyone in this game is an obnoxious fuckhead. I don't know why you're only focusing on one part of it
>>
>>172754734
I honestly don't get that impression from most people. Could you explain what you find so obnoxious about the average player?
>>
>>172754734
tfw sometimes I remind myself of ziigzuu in levels of obnoxiousness but can't stop or It'll look weird if I suddenly start typing in a different manner
>>
>>172754883
>that post
Okay I'm not him, but your averaage player here is a meme-spouting /pol/tard who can't resist the chance to make an EBIN MEME REFERENCE over common whenever they can, alongside being rude and just overall a bunch of purposefully abrasive fuckwits who get their kicks from being dicks to people.

So basically, your average player here is your ""average"" 4chinz user.
>>
>>172747765
what the fuck, I didn't change pasta in like 6 years and it's doing alright going up to 79~ with new gaems and around 40 idle
>>
How do i turn on bank accounts on ministation with /vg/ code? I added the accounts database but it still doesnt work, it makes cargo useless because you cant use the cargo computers without a bank account
>>
>>172755123
Have you considered that it is in fact a game
>>
>>172755642
I could say the same to you
>>
>>172755123
I dunno, it sounds like you just described Bill Hudson pretty perfectly. I'm glad that the average player doesn't even come close to him in obnoxiousness.

And I wouldn't say that the average player isn't a retarded memespouting shithead that lives to be an ass, the average person I interact with in SS13 either just completely ignores me or is somewhat polite. Usually the ones who play the game like 2d TTT are pretty dickish, I'll agree with that. Just sit down at the bar during a wiz/ling/vampstended round and talk to people, it can be somewhat pleasant.

>>172755712
Wrong guy.
>>
>>172755946
>isn't
Is, my bad.
>>
>>172755123
I'll grant you the memes but a lot of folks aren't really dickish at all unless you're a dick to them first.

The ones who are dicks are extreme dicks though, and usually the /pol/ tier RACE WAR NOW GAS VOX TRUMP CAPTAIN GIMMICK fuckos
>>
Turns out you can surprisingly long survive as an emagged MoMMI.
>>
Daily reminder that somebody is valid if their cable coil has 29 lengths not 30
>>
>>172757028
story?
>>
>>172755606
please help, it's a really annoying thing
>>
>>172747965
I'm actually not probe but I like rimworld.

Ask me anything
>>
Daily reminder it's admin approved to bully and metagrudge carsh and call him out on being an inbred outback shitter
>>
what the fuck? that round only lasted an hour?

It felt like 3 hours, god damn
>>
>>172757167
It was two hours though.
>>
>>172757136
Tribe or crashlanded start?
>>
File: Gondola (12).png (6KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gondola (12).png
6KB, 640x480px
>mommi dismantles the telecoms hub
>try to fix it with a borg
>the telecomms hub can't be turned on
>tried to do everything
>tried to remake everything from scratch
>tried to use the bus mainframe instead of the tcomms hub
>no dice
>blow my own brains with a shotgun on escape in shame
>>
>"handled in the discord"
>>
>>172757028
my coworkers were so shit
they didn't update the record ONCE
>>
Listen Spessmen, today is April 1st so you're going to be having a lot of laughs and comedy today. But how about I give you something educational today, too?

When you're playing sec officer, patrolling won't reduce crime or make anyone feel safer. Preventing and stopping crime can be done much more effectively by listening carefully to the radio and following up on reports to the police. This is modeled after real life!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_preventive_patrol_experiment

There's no reason to solowander maint and get glared or stun talismaned.
>>
>>172757090
skrub glubs
>>
>>172757332
no but actual story
>>
>>172757265
Sorry my man, look at this page and check the notes for ANY telecoms machine

http://ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_Advanced_Construction
>>
>>172757090
>ied bomb happened
>nobody knows who did it
>figure out that it takes 1 cable to make an ied
>search assistants
>find one with TWENTY NINE cables instead of the default 30
>arrest them
>they were a traitor
>>
>>172757128
>>172755606
What's the exact error message you're getting?
>>
>>172757265
>right next to you when you do it
>Just put you on the table because you killed yourself, thought you left the game
>Watch awkwardly as you walk onto the escape shuttle after some doc dragged you to med
my bad lad
>>
>>172757291
This comment is a prank because the space station is a microcosmic environment and therefore cannot be compared to cities.
>>
File: TABLE CLIMBING.jpg (21KB, 642x46px) Image search: [Google]
TABLE CLIMBING.jpg
21KB, 642x46px
we /tg/ now
>>
>>172757028
It takes cuffs, so 15
>>
>>172757404
nice
>>
>>172757291

But day to day police/fire fighters/first responders are paid to patrol in shifts around areas 24/7

Patrolling does reduce potential crimes, makes people feel safer, and lets you be in a position to respond better

In future you should do more research and cite more than a few sources
>>
>>172757485
Please let this be an april fools prank.
>>
>>172757265
Did you finish it by adding cable coil?
You need to do that for most of the comms machines for whatever reason or they just don't work. They LOOK functional and stuff, but without cable they're just bricks
>>
>>172757251
Currently I'm doing a tribal start using a mod that adds additional scenarios. I've got a little mining colony going.

Overall crashlanding is better, researching as tribals is really annoying and just delays the game
>>
>>172757426
When im trying to use a cargo console i get a message
>Please wear an ID with an associated bank account.
also players are not getting their account credentials at the game start
does it need to be set up in ministations config or something?
>>
>>172757291
That's not what that experiment describes at all
What did you read?
>>
>>172757485
>>172757530
It is not a joke, go and drag yourself on a table, you will climb on it
>>
File: Gondola (34).png (14KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Gondola (34).png
14KB, 917x1186px
>>172757540
>>172757476
>>
>>172757530
>>172757485

They removed secborgs for hugborgs, and adding plenty of /tg/ shit, hopefully it's just a april fool but jesus christ

I want to keep playing my secborg.
>>
>>172757404
>arresting someone for having 29 cables
whew lad muh metagay
>>
>>172757798
>muh rp
>>
>>172757576
Give me a few minutes to look at stuff
>>
>>172757798
Literally not metagaming, it's using knowledge of the game and contextual clues to find the bomber.

>everybody knows how to make ieds (we're not bay tier rp)
>I know where the bomb occured
>I know they took the red cable coil as it was missing
>search assistants as they were prime suspects
>examine their cable coils and check who has 29

Ask an admin, they'll say it's fair
>>
>>172757785
secborgs are still there, but only at code blue or higher
>>
>>172757962
its fair metagaming. dont complain if i steal the spair id in 3 minutes.
>>
>>172758106
>3 minutes
Get faster
>>
>>172757576
Okay, check your notes and make sure you actually have a station account

Make sure the database is on the same Z level, powered, and activated

That should be everything that could be wrong
>>
>>172758106
Thats not metagaming, it's shittery.
>>
>>172757962
I don't even understand the whole deal with the IED bombing, those things are weak as balls
>>
>tfw no admin to handle you in the discord
>>
>>172758229
ckey?

I only handle cute people
>>
File: Capture.png (23KB, 681x386px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
23KB, 681x386px
>>172758162
>Okay, check your notes and make sure you actually have a station account
nope, just the blood type
>Make sure the database is on the same Z level, powered, and activated
it's on the station
department accounts are actually made, pic related, it's just the personal accounts
>>
byond is kill. cant connect to the serb.
>>
>>172757962
it's not fair because they could of used it for electrolyzer, bolas, skrub glubs or some shit
>>
>>172758436
I can connect to Bay and CM just fine
>>
>>172758530
Or repairing a robot limb
>>
>>172758530
When asked about it they had no excuse
>>
>>172757291
>There's no reason to solowander maint and get glared or stun talismaned.
That's why you drag your buddy in a locker so they can tag the baddie.
>>
>>172758048

That's just retarded.
>>
>>172758418
If you have full admin flags, you should be able to use the economy panel to add an account number manually to a player.

However, anything related to the actual creation of accounts I think is on the secret repo, I can't look at that
>>
>>172757529
>You should cite sources
>Responds to a citation by saying "nuh uh" and providing no sources

Retard
>>
>>172758684
Sounds like they were a shitter too then. Anyone worth their salt can easily come up with an excuse for that kinda shit. A simple
>found the coil in maint, kept hold of it in case I ever needed to build something or do some spot repairs y'know?
Would've been enough to get him out of that, it's not like you can prove he bombed the place purely off a missing piece of cable.
>>
>>172759004
well fuck
>>
>>172757530
It is you fucking moron, go actually try climbing on a table.
>>
>>172759214
This is why I called it metagay, there are so many things a piece of cable can be used for.
>>
>>172759214
yeah, that what I wanted to post too, if they cannot RP out of situation like this one they are probably extreme shitter only caring about dem valids
>>
>>172759456
It sort of is and sort of isn't, it's enough to bring the guy in for further questioning at the very least imo, the shitter just didn't think to lie to defend himself and basically did their work for them though.
>>
File: 1487523967677.gif (370KB, 351x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487523967677.gif
370KB, 351x300px
LEWD
AI
HOLOGRAMS
DONT OPEN THIS AT WORK
>>
>>172759670
GELFS when
>>
>>172759670
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
File: brap.jpg (145KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
brap.jpg
145KB, 1024x1024px
>>172759670
>>
>>172759004
i checked and i cant even add new accounts, just edit the existing department ones
>>
>>172761247
I've created accounts for vox traders before.
>>
>>172761513
yeah, so that means something's broken on my side
>>
File: 1490776183-3501-capture-d-ecran.png (181KB, 639x799px) Image search: [Google]
1490776183-3501-capture-d-ecran.png
181KB, 639x799px
>>172759849
Jesus christ, stop with this meme already.
>>
>>172761674
i just changed the map to tgstation and the accounts work so it's probably something with the map, damn
i cant put anything other than ministation on my server because there are ~10 players
>>
is the serb dead or did the round just end?
>>
>>172763103
You could try taxi, it's small and comfy in lowpop
>>
>>172763334
that is actually a good idea
>>
>>172763328
neither
>>
Is clusterfack, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

https://github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/14503
>>
>>172763984
>cluster returns and turns the game into factorio

OUR GUY
>>
>>172743624
Castle law. Eat shit motherfucker
>>
Cluster is the best coder /vg/ has ever seen for one simple reason

He understands literature on a level that makes the other admins and coders look like the grade schoolers they are.
>>
>>172744339
It wont be within 3 minutes of roundstart
>>
>>172764336
That's not castle doctrine you moron
>>
File: nnn.jpg (83KB, 701x578px) Image search: [Google]
nnn.jpg
83KB, 701x578px
>>172763632
am i banned?
>>
>>172764562
Implying that I don't bolt my upload as a precaution.
Implying I will let a non-human into my upload.
>>
what is the build i should take to play /vgstation/ is it the BETA one or the stable one? thanks
>>
File: s4.reutersmedia.net.jpg (29KB, 702x468px) Image search: [Google]
s4.reutersmedia.net.jpg
29KB, 702x468px
>>172764593
>A Castle Doctrine (also known as a castle law or a defense of habitation law) is a legal doctrine that designates a person's abode or any legally occupied place – e.g., a vehicle or home, as a place in which that person has protections and immunities permitting one, in certain circumstances, to use force (up to and including deadly force) to defend oneself against an intruder, free from legal prosecution for the consequences of the force used.[1] The term is most commonly used in the United States, though many other countries invoke comparable principles in their laws.
>You are forbidden to protect your life, your freedom, and your property
Am I chef? Am I really? Or are you another bloodsucking jew?
>>
>>172763984
That's what I call a QUALITY pr
>>
>>172764864
always take stable
>>
what's going on?
I can connect to the test server but not the main one
>>
>>172764952
>in certain circumstances

They're not intruders if they legally have access, and it's not even your property.
I never called you a chef.
>>
>>172765264
Other people are having the same problem.
>>172764681
>>
>>172747819
You have to pull a locker to have them climb in until you get a rollerbed. you can still locker to move multiple people through zas-town
>>
>>172765464
;_;
>>
>>172765461
They have access for lowpop purposes to deal with id locked machines, that doesn't mean it's theirs. And it is as the botanist.
They are invading your home, are fucking your shit, and often if you try to softball instead of giving them the ol' stun 'n' done burger treatment you're just making things worse for yourself for an illegal immigrants benefit
>>
>>172765017
well then why can't i join the main server but i can join the test one?
>>
>>172765807
I didn't say it was the chef's, neither of you own those spaces, but you can't beat a guy for using his legal ID access to enter botany which is connected to the kitchen, it's not trespassing, which means castle doctrine is not in effect. You wouldn't expect to get beat if you entered the kitchen would you?
And what the fuck are you even talking about.
>>
>>172766493
>Go into kitchen and start fucking up his shit
>You got access mang it's okay.!
Yes, yes I would
>>
>>172766806
he didn't say anything about fucking shit up
>>
>>172765807
This whole thing is stupid because you're employees on a corporate space station using the access given to you through your ID. It doesn't matter if you're chef, botanist or bartender.
>>
>>172763984
Isn't this literally just attack animations
>>
>>172766806
I didn't say anything about fucking shit up, I said entering.
>>
>>172766882
No, you have "access" which is solely for ease of functioning with id requirements in lowpop when there is nobody in that role.

>>172767005
Nobody gives a dick until you start fucking shit up and it's time for some SPACE AMERICA
>>
>clear cache
>reinstall byond
>can connect to the test server but not the main one

why???
>>
>>172767105
Growing only three or so plants is not "fucking shit up" and definitely is not a reason to kill them, that's not castle doctrine, that's straight up murder.
>>
File: peace.jpg (59KB, 984x800px) Image search: [Google]
peace.jpg
59KB, 984x800px
>die in escape to juggernaut
>6+ minutes until shuttle dock
>10+ people at escape don't do anything with this time
>end up getting soulstoned and artificed by a nonantag 4noraisins
>killed by security for obvious reasons, it's cult
>>
>>172768031
I shot like two of you guys in escape, im sorry my dude.
>>
did cult soulstone their sac objective?
>>
>>172767616
>Need the trays
>Kill the reharvest trays
>They throw a fit
It's getting ahead of the curve. Once it's happened there's going to be a victim, them or you.
>>
>>172768031
were you Yasu?
I tried to stop the cap from executing you because, but he wouldn't listen.
I left to get the chap in me
>>
>>172768243
Billy Lightning, I have no idea why the chef decided to soulstone and artifice me during code red cult

I assumed nobody bothered to drag me to medbay because they're all lazy shits and I understand that
>>
>>172768137
No, throwing a fit does not mean they will fucking murder you, don't be a psychopath and kill them because you think they're going to kill you for a retarded reason. You are not within your rights to kill them over plants, and I will perma you should you do that.
>>
>can't seem to join round

wat is goin on dudes
>>
>>172768759
likewise
>>
>>172768759
No idea. I cleared my cache and re-installed, and yet I can't join the main serb. (although for some reason, I *can* join the test serb.)
>>
>>172768861
>>172768864

Guess main's down again, then.
>>
I just got some weird message how my account password is wrong or changed or something.
What even
>>
>>172768924

I think your account password is wrong or changed or something.
>>
>>172768471
Ha, knew it was a shitter. You always take their side. You don't care about a botanist that gets fucked over by a greytiding shitlord. You don't care when they take botany's stuff, attacks them or flushes them then escalates from there. They don't stop because of people like you. The HoP and sec are virtually always pro-chef and it ends up with your shit stolen and your workplace seized while you can't just kill your way through it to reclaim your birthright without consequences. Or you just kill the greytiding shitbag chef faster than they can scream, you burger them, and nothing ever comes of it because the shitter is in the garbage can where they belong and nobody else knows because nobody else cares about a piece of shit like the chef.
>>
>>172766929
yes
>>
That QM should be jobbanned.
>>
pomf
>>
>solarious is unbanned
>morena is not

FREE MORENA
>>
>>172769137
Can I use this as copypasta?
>>
>>172769209
t. QM
>>
>>172769298
>didn't take their appeal seriously
>admins didn't take it seriously in return
Really makes you think
>>
>>172769137
Chef
> actually provides food to the station
> will always dispose of catatonics and executed prisoners for you
> sometimes runs a good gimmick
> sometimes fun to talk to
> very, very occasionally poisons their food but it doesn't matter too much since he's right across from medbay
Botanist
> has the job of helping the chef, mechanic, clown, assistants, and medbay through the various produce they make
> almost never actually does the above
> 90% of the time they just grow space weed or death nettles or meme plants that they leave around the halls for people to step into and die instantly on
>>
>>172769427
Chef
>literally hitler
Botanist
>literally jews
>>
>>172769137
>ahelps
>gets you banned

this literally already happened XD
>>
>>172747829
Go onto the test server, recreate their character, log in as them and put them wherever. Then spawn yourself in as a test dummy, head pat away :^)

I use this to sex my waifu without her knowing
>>
>>172769751
what in the fuck
>>
>>172769427
why would they help mechanic when engybot outclasses them like every other resource gathering job to an obscene degree, why would they help the clown or assistants when they are clowns and assistants and why would they help med when med already produces everything it needs for free with its magical roundstart machines and has fuck all to do chem wise after 10 mins when the machine is overstocked with everything
literally all they have reason to help is the chef and ghosts and they tend to do both. they'd probably help the mechanic or medbay more if there weren't machines in the game that do what they do much much better
>>
>>172769137
I'm taking the side of the person who does not seem like a violent psychopath, killing people is not the way to go or the way to solve problems and it is also against space law.
I will arrest you for murder and you will get a life sentence if you do this.
>>
>>172767105
I play botanist quite a bit
you sound like you have major autism. Shit isn't designed "solely for lowpop".
>>
>>172769328
Only if you pour one out for my botany homies when you get fucked over by a chef and a retarded team of HoP, sec, and shitmins. Apparently it's okay to grief them because only the chef matters. t.Literallynothingyoucanbuyfromcargo.

>>172769427
>He fell for the counter food meme
Enjoy your poison. Adv mut toxin or synaptazine is spicy

Depends on the botanist but the good ones set out some of their feedstock as it's faster and more filling so they can box one and not need to stop for more
No, they don't have that job. Their job is to work with plants be that feeding people, supplying the chef, aiding and abetting turning the halls into peelocalypse, or just autisming 20 trays of glow shroom to get the perfect color and intensity. It's still their dept to do with as they wish. Nothing changes that.
>>
Does anyone remember the ss13 russian server that converted their server into a 1900's roleplay thing upon a moving train with different classes separated into different areas and train security and sutch?

This was years ago
>>
>>172747829
how do i pat heads on humans
>>
>>172749629
dragging people now kills them.
>>
>>172769934
Help intent
Target head
EMPTY HAND (very important)
click their sprite
>>
>>172769934
target head, help intent
you will pat their head
you can also target hand on help intent for another context action that isn't a hug
>>
>>172769816
>med already produces everything it needs for free
There's quite a bit medbay can't make and you can only get from exotic seed crates or other methods beyond a chem dispenser.
>>
>>172769923
I remember it, but I never played it.
>>
>>172769854
He's the aggressor and he's not going to stop because he's a fucking sociopath
You guys wont do your nigger fucking kike cock sucking job and fucking stop him
I'm not going to lose my id, my stuff, and my dept to a sociopath and a bunch of donut warriors who only enforce space law when it activates their boner
It's happened enough times over the years that I can say with confidence that something has got to give, somebody is going to get griefed and after countless it's an IC issue when the chef does it it's an admin issue when you do it to my metabuddy, tough :^^^^), I'm just gonna give it to the griefer then get back to life.
>>
>>172770047
i said everything it needs. not everything it can make.
>>
File: hhhh.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hhhh.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
i just don't get this game
it's unintuitive and not smooth as fuck..
feels very weird plus it's boring desu
>>
>>172770361
git gud
>>
File: sponge bob.jpg (135KB, 813x577px) Image search: [Google]
sponge bob.jpg
135KB, 813x577px
i just don't get sex
it's unintuitive and not smooth as fuck..
feels very weird plus it's boring desu
>>
>>172770047
The Peridaxone and rezadone are the only things you'd want off the top of my head. Both of which are meh at best
>>
>>172770045
>>172770046
>be security officer
>HOS congratulates me on finding the emag in viro and shakes my hand
>always have head targeted because I'm a powergamer
>ACCIDENTALLY GIVE MY SUPERIOR OFFICER HEADPATS
>trip on a banana peel the clown left in the brig lobby
>emag I stole from the evidence room spills out of my pockets
>blob slides over, laughs, and slaps the HOS on the ass
>>
File: 1489446935560.png (985KB, 1108x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1489446935560.png
985KB, 1108x1010px
>>172770361
>Just this past round I played as a asistant that stole a booze vending machine, a bunch of machine boards, we recruited for a security team, got a shotgun, blasted fuckers and stopped a cult of blood rune drawing fucks from making a tear in the fabric or reality to summon a eldritch abomination.

Fun isn't going to fall on your lap, either join events, talk to people or do a job that allows for fun, if you cant even try to make your own fun, youl get bored like every other game out there.
>>
>>172770250
Planting a few plants so he has more variety to cook is not being the aggressor, nor is it against the law. Ripping up plants and axing his neck in, is being the aggressor, it's against the law and is also improper escalation.
If he is stealing your ID and stuff, report it, that's theft and I can arrest them for that.
>>
>>172770361
Just fix everything that's wrong with the station
>>
>>172770361
The game is all about the stories that can be created. Adventure, drama, comedy, romance:^) etcetera.
>>
>>172770361
Yeah, I know a lot of people liked MGS3, but I thought the actual gameplay of it was clunky and tedious. Swapping camo is nothing but a chore. The story is pure MGS goodness though. And the theme song was gold.
>>
>>172770361
get into trouble, or stop trouble
>>
There does seem to be something wrong with Byond authentication. Just on this server though, I can join CM fine.
>>
>>172770484
git gud
>>
i'm gonna role CM till it's fixed
we should squad up and kill some ayys
i'll keep an eye out for other vg statics,
>>
Haven't been able to join since the last cult round FUCK YOU ALL FUCK YOU ADMINS, ESPECIALLY DRAGONBRO FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING DUMPSTER BABY, ALRIGHT? FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU
>>
>>172770628
Shit, didnt mean to make greentext.
>>
I dont know why people are so hateful on this game people made mistakes in the past but today is the future can't we all just get along and no drama llamas :)
>>
>>172770652
If he just silently barges in yes it is, go ahead and just guess what happens when I rip the plants he shouldn't have planted up when I need the tray. You'll never ever get it right. Fucking kill yourself you fucking kike. When I get fucked over with a stolen ID or dead myself it's always "sorry it's an IC issue :^^^^^)" every goddamn fucking time while shitcurity just jerks off all round. He's going to be a piece of shit, I know it, he knows it, everybody knows it, but when you get ahead of the curve so at least your round is okay oh woah slow down hot rod, the aggressor's round is more important than yours because I'm a chef player too! Why should I care about a griefer's round if the vast majority of the time you fuckers leave me to dry. He can talk like a sane person or at least not "improperly escalate" into assault theft and/or murder that the vast majority of the time sec, hop, and admins do nothing about, he can go get crates, or he can sit out the round as a ghost while I shrug about when I last saw the chef. It's not his workplace, talk it out first or fuck off.
>>
Well that was boring.
>>
>join test serb instead
>fix power
>leave
>>
File: 1386457595389.png (385KB, 368x447px) Image search: [Google]
1386457595389.png
385KB, 368x447px
>Use hand tele
>leads from front of the shuttle to the main part
>everyone just fucking spills in while bananas are falling on the floor
>mfw
>>
>>172770694
the WE BUILD meme is meant to troll new players because after every "WE BUILD" the shuttle still gets called or another bomb goes off.
>>
>>172771316
It is part of his workplace, as the kitchen is a part of your workplace, instead of frothing at the mouth like a beast, you should talk it out like a human being.
Planting some plants is not "griefing", you have enough trays that you don't need all of them.
At least they act sane, unlike you, but if he commits a crime then he does the time.
He's not the aggressor in this situation.
>>
File: 1382935612335.png (576KB, 1861x2226px) Image search: [Google]
1382935612335.png
576KB, 1861x2226px
>>172771831
It's a meme until Big E is around to ensure we stay to earn our pay
>>
post some funny shit that has happened

>mime drags a TTV bomb into the brig to turn it in
>goes off after all of sec comes to see all the bell ringing
>>
File: wake me up inside.png (123KB, 688x543px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.png
123KB, 688x543px
>>
https://github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/14501

>It was all a joke
>>
>>172772404
WHY CAN'T I JOIN MAIN SERB
>>
SERB
>>
>>172772623
PRANKED
>>
serb?
>>
>>172772617
>I am rational
>t. yclat
>>
>>172772242
Thankfully now i know how easy it is to disarm TTVs, before i had no idea.
>>
>>172772070
No, no it's not. Lowpop convenience doesn't make it his nor his mine. I don't get to go in there and empty everything into the microwaves until they're busted without saying a word. I don't get to spam burned mess for mystery soup. I don't get to move his microwaves to the botany counter to cook my own custom food starters to shove my crops in. He doesn't get to take up my trays, refuse to stop when told, then attack me when I remove his garbage when I need the trays. He doesn't get to get me "fired" aka robbed when I'm growing many different plants to average out a mild general improvement in at least one of each species tray per harvest. He doesn't get to steal my id and flush me. He doesn't get to kill me. Because I fucking kill him first when it's clear what kind of person they are because every time I don't it's always the same. It happens, sec does fucking nothing, the hop does fucking nothing, and the admins do fucking nothing. Maybe you should yield to years of actual experience of how it actually plays out instead of your little fantasy world headcannon.
>>
>>172772242
>>172772789
I think that was the first or second time I ever plasma bombed.

t. horatio
>>
>>172772169
I main Big E. I will sit back and laugh at people doing the we build meme
>>
>>172772764
ded
>>
The server was restarted and recompiled to try and resolve the connection issues. It should be up by now.
>>
>>172772852
Why not?
>>
>>172772942
>it should be up by now
what did he mean by this
>>
>rejoin ss13 after a long hiatus due to work
>can't even join after the round has ended
nice game
>>
>>172772764
we CM now
>>
>>172773131
That it should have fixed things
If it's not fixed for you now after this recompile then I don't know what to tell you anon
>>
Serb is back.
>>
>play cm
>see fellow /vg/ player

what do
>>
>>172773294
Pm them on the discord and low key metagame
>>
>>172772973
The kitchen belongs to the chef first full stop. He has alternative food and tray sources to order and can supply the station forever on his corn oil hoard and starter supplies. God forbid, he might even find an absolute madman assistant that'll grow things for him in ghetto botany. Botany belongs to the botanist first full stop. Shared access that was given to allow for any of the 3 service roles to be able to operate the fridge lockers, booze-o-mat, botanist lockers without needing a cyborg/explosives/emitter and hacking tools does not entitle them to it.

>>172773294
Give them all your AP mags
>>
>>172773294
hi Naomi
>>
>>172773380
I don't see any of this in the rules
>>
serb is back!
>>
>>172773294
Wave, make up some story about how you deployed togther, join in and help him out.

If you use anything but a pulse however, I swear ill buckshot you and give you to the damn aliens.
>>
>>172773524
Are you autistic?
>>
>>172772852
>i don't get to-
Yes. You do.
He is not the one attacking you for the plants, you attacked first.
You don't get to kill him because "oh he's one of those kinds of people", that's called murder and gets you a life sentence.
Nobody does anything because two trays is nothing, there is nothing to do because it's not against the law or rules.
>>
>>172770561
>be sec officer
>stop a probable cultist at code red
>always have hands targeted as I'm a nice guy
>get shot
>manage to miraculously stand up and start to baton the guy
>miss his hands 5 times in a row before collapsing from bloodloss
>SPS falls out of bag while narsie laughs at me and my head flies off
>>
>>172773481
hi frink
>>
>>172773565
>using the pulse
>ever
shotgun or go home boy, the slug rounds and buckshots are too good
>>
>>172774052
I meant as a buddy, how can I buckshot you if Im using a pulse?

Now, question time, whats in your backpack when you drop down and what did you story in your armor?
>>
File: 1440739456682.png (289KB, 716x588px) Image search: [Google]
1440739456682.png
289KB, 716x588px
>>172772404
>>
>>172773705
Those kind of asshole chefs are getting their trays one way or another. The only difference is if you have your id or are alive or not. It doesn't matter if you needed them for what you were doing.
>>
warning dont play colonial marines
>>
>>172773380
t.digitalis
>>
>>172773380
Chef needs Botany to cook good food.
If they cooperate, great. If Botany doesn't feel like growing for the chef, it's really dickish to hoard all the trays when every single decent food item is locked behind needing plants of some sort.
If there's no botanist, the Chef has full reign to all of botany. When I start growing a million plants to support my cooking, and then I don't need all of them anymore when a botanist arrives, I'll point it out and say that the trays are open for the taking.
t. play both chef and botanist regularly
Though I mainly play chef, and it's a godsend when there aren't any actual botanists, because 90% of the time they have trouble even putting plants in trays, let alone producing the huge amount of produce I need to get me through a round
>>
>>172774318
Oh god I've been looking for that picture for ages
>>
>>172772617
reikland did nothing wrong
>>
>>172775057
I always try to grow stuff for the chef. How much produce does a chef need to cook good dishes?
>>
I don't know if xenos are overpowered or something but everytime I've tried to play colonial marines it hasn't even been a contest and xenos win
>>
>>172710294
Ah what a good mommi!
Smothering the vermin with a sheet of paper while it's gaining energy to steal more food!
Ha HA GOOD MOMMI GOOD
>>
I have my own personal shit ss13 /vg/code server with ministation on it and icant get personal moni accounts to work.

if i load any other map i get something like:
>Your bank account number is: 97231, your bank account pin is: 9519

On ministation nothing, i've added that accounts_database thingy tot he map btw
>>
>>172775965
we got wrecked so hard when they busted through the firedoors
>>
>>172775964
It varies for me, but often times I need 30+ of any given plant if I request it.
Especially wheat. Wheat requires 20 plants for 100 flour, which means if I'm wanting to make a lot of pies or cake, 40 wheat or even 80-120 is absolutely necessary.
That's why it's valuable to learn how to make grasserelles, 4 trays full of fastdev reharvestable wheat will fill up the fridge superbly quickly. 20 each harvest, 2-3 harvests a minute.
>>
>>172776254
>grasserelles
tell me of this
>>
/vg/ seriously needs to have a round of colonial marines, it's really fun.
>>
>>172776459
our xenos suck though so why not just play CM?
>>
>>172776635
I meant host their code for a round
>>
>>172776459
If you want it to be a thing, make a vendor for guns

Just make the list have these:
obj/item/weapon/gun/projectile/automatic/xcom
obj/item/weapon/gun/projectile/automatic
obj/item/weapon/gun/projectile/silenced
obj/item/weapon/gun/projectile/mateba

Make the mateba a contraband one or a shogun a coin.
>>
>>172776356
ok, SO.
Take chanterelle and grass seeds into the back room. Put chanterelles in the lysis-isolation centrifuge and grass in the other one.
In the centrifuge, first sample the chanterelles. Then put a flora disk in it, and nab the DEVELOPMENT gene from chanterelles. This is basically the part of the plant that is
1. not reharvestable
2. yields 5 plants
3. has production time 1 (very fast)

Then you're going to put the resulting flora disk into the other machine, and splice development REPEATEDLY into grass. This will average the two, but because you're doing it repeatedly, it will average VERY close to 5 yield, 1 production time. In addition, because you're not PURGING (replacing), you gain one important gene from the grass: it becomes reharvestable.
Now, the grass seed has all those traits. Take it out, and take out the disk. Wipe the disk. Put both things in the lysis-isolation centrifuge again. Get rid of the chanterelle data, we don't care about it anymore. Sample the grass. Get the grass' DEVELOPMENT gene, which will be
1. reharvestable
2. yields 5 plants
3. has production time 1 (very fast)

Now we're going to take the resulting flora disk and put it in the other machine.
Grab tons of seeds. Grab wheat, grab apples, grab whatever you want to grow fast. Put them one by one into the machine, and PURGE (replace) the grasserelle development gene into them, then take them out. This will keep all the properties of the plant (i.e. you can still cook with it, grind it into wheat, etc.), except it'll be reharvestable, yield 5, production time 1.

These resulting plants will be fucking fantastic and grow 100-200 plants during their lifetime if you coddle them right. In addition, you can just plop them in the seed extractor or use wirecutters to get more seeds, and keep growing them.
>>
I just want you guys to know that I've really had fun playing here and I like pretty much everyone here. I just realized today was April Fools day and this is the worst timing possible but I won't be around after today, but you guys got me through a lot of shit in my life and I'll miss you.
>>
>>172776963
strawberrytan no..
>>
>>172776963
See ya. Gary Tide?
Thanks for playing spessmen with us, anon.
>>
>>172777069
>>172777130
I play Daniel Wilson
>>
>>172776963
The greytide will always be here for you anon, take care.
>>
File: christopher smithyman.jpg (55KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
christopher smithyman.jpg
55KB, 500x375px
>>172777183
>>172776963
Goodbye my friend.

F
>>
>tfw I will never be a cool static with a nickname
>tfw I will forever be a person that shoots twice, missing both times and then dies a slow death alone

how to be colonial marines robust?
>>
>>172777183
wait did you play atmos tech at all
>>
>>
>>172775994
pls halp
>>
>>172777690
No, I mostly played Scientist or observed. I also played a year ago as Alan Rickman and played RD every round
>>
>>172777902
Oh, I recognize you, I played back then a lot too. Shame to see you go.
>>
>>172777486
CM robustness is finicky, just powergame enough for admins not to bwoink you but not so little you don't leave homebase without bandages, ointment and atleast 4 mags of ammo.

Know aliens are bullshit and that the best weapons are either long range pokers or short range fuckers and master one. No pistolero shit, you do no damage to aliens, if you got a push going, keep pushing, never give aliens time because aliens always get stronger as time goes by, going to bullshit health levels, have good ping, yell at coms for your crew to stay together, use the right atachments and have some luck too.

As a spec, SADAR, pick sniper and I will gut you. Pulse rifle or buckshot/slug shotgun, make a macro for cocking, get pizza rations for regening blood with nutriment, always stay as far away from the big guys as possible, helmet on, dont blind fire and acept you will die as a marine.
>>
>>172776939
Keep in mind that your probably want the production time at approximately two because if you're growing multiple things it very quickly becomes a game a whack-a-mole, and with super fast production time you'll lose your ability to focus on other things while still maintaining your harvests.

In addition to this, make sure to nab the metabolism of the resultant grass seed alongside the development, as splicing the grass metabolism means you'll barely ever need to water things.
>>
>>172777902
was thinking of a different Daniel

see you anon, glad you had a good time here
>>
It was nice seeing you in CM frank
>>
>>172777069
>>172777130
It's razzledazzlehour.
Good riddance
>>
>>172753880
>most of the male characters act like caricatures and cartoon characters as well
They really do.
>I AM THE LAW testosterone blinded shitsec
>mentally ill greyshirt niggers
>territorial workaholics
>dude weed lmao hippy botanists
>>
>>172778563
but I really like razz vozz
this is disappointing why are you leaving
>>
>tfw left
>no one even mentioned me off handedly
>>
>>172779047
>tfw came back
>everyone that mentioned me just hates me
>>
And so end the life of Averill Wilkerson. Tourist at the SS13, she didn't hesitate to take picture of the station and see how horrible life is there. She didn't hesitate to bother chemist with their job. She didn't feared the risk of going into danger zone.
She survived a good ten minute in critical condition after a heatwave, hidden under a bed and a defibrillators, which ironically, was the reason she couldn't be found and healed quickly.

The life at the yog station go on.. and on.. and on..
>>
>>172776963

Stay gone you piece of shit. You are legitimately my least favorite player on the server and have one of the shittiest attitudes I have ever encountered IC and OOC. Between being one of the worst players I ever seen and a blatant metagrudger, you don't have a single redeeming characteristic. You are part of the serious problem this server has with your grudge-of-the-month dog-pile attitude. Let's hope more people like you leave while the door is open.
>>
>>172779269
But that's not Felicity
>>
what did this actual retard mean by that post
>>
>>172776963
Are you dying?
>>
>>172778782
>territorial workaholics
>just make bots and mechs all day for the staff, try to save people with odysseus when shit goes down
>still branded as obnoxious

Well fuck you too mate.
>>
>>172776730
they are closed source
>>
>>172780436
Code was leaked a while ago though, you can probably get the months old code if you search for it
>>
>>172777727
needs a syndicate balloon
>>
>>172779319
Don't talk badly about harse theef, or you'll end up with a permaban from their admin metabuddy.
>>
>>172780859
>implying the metaclub has any power anymore
>>
>>172780859
Yep, wouldn't want that. I love how he's constantly given antag roles and uses the opportunity to just murderbone everyone in sight.
>>
File: 1453692687243.jpg (84KB, 642x696px) Image search: [Google]
1453692687243.jpg
84KB, 642x696px
Cuckoldial Marines fucking sucks donkey dick and Apophis is a punch drunk goon who couldn't run a fucking lemonade stand right. Go tug Feweh's limp dick on your own time Een I don't want to hear it.
>>
S-Serb?
>>
serb?
>>
>>172775057
No, no he doesn't. He can corn oil shit all shift and he can mass produce nutriment from grinding cheese wheels to keep any fancy looking food he got out of the fruit/exotic meat crates for an entire shift as nobody can eat all 50u in one go so you can just keep drizzling more oil and nutriment onto it. He wants it for food that looks nicer than what he can get out of the cargo crates but he does -NOT- N.E.E.D. it. He wants it. That is not a reason to grief botany. You keep crying about the chef can be a dick but when it's on the other foot whoah too much man.

It's a botanist was there first situation. When they're not roundstart it's first come has rights.

>>172775964
Just ask them what they want to cook over pda and
>>
>>172781457
Good food
>>
>still bitching about sharing a department with other humans
shut up faggot holy shit
>>
>>172778197
thanks
>>
>>172781457
>using the deep frier for anything but already-fatty foods
>mass-produce nutriment from grinding cheese wheels... of which he can get 7 roundstart because of milk shortage
>literally ordering crates when botanists could make 100 of every fruit in 5 minutes
I'll never steal trays, but Goddamn I'll take my territory. Botany's sole purpose is to serve the chef. Why would botanists be hired if not to serve the chef?
Don't give me "but muh xenobotany", that's for XENOBOTANISTS, which belong in Science.
I am glad you're having fun with Botany, but you absolutely have a responsibility to at least spend a few trays on the chef's needs.
>>
>>172781935
Botanists get xenobotany equipment though.
Remember, you aren't their boss or such.
>>
>the dream team is back
shitcurity watch out
>>
>>172782112
Chef has been Botany's boss for years
>>
>>172782362
Chef isn't their boss, HoP is.
>>
>>172781349
Feweh is the worst person in the CM staff
>>
>>172779764
yeah

>>172779269
>>172778563
I'm gonna assume you're either Felicity or Ashe, but either way yeah you're right. During the summer I basically did nothing but play SS13 to keep myself distracted from my life and I took it way too seriously. I stopped playing from August until January because I knew I was a dick. I tried my best to be as nice as possible when rolling Daniel and I legitimately havent posted in the thread since last August, so I just want you to know Im sorry for being an asshole last year and I've tried my best to be low-profile and nice since I rejoined
>>
>>172782438
OK, fair enough. I guess I just mean that botanists have, for a long time, been around to service the chef and give him materials to work with. Things like a GOOD xenobotany system have only been around rather recently.
>>
>tfw no meaty daddy chef bf to break into my department and force me to service him
>>
>>172782783
I don't think they should serve the chef but rather work together with the chef, but I getcha.
>>
>>172782961
For sure. Sadly there's not too many things a chef can do to help botanists besides feed them good food.
>>
>tg
>be botany
>get 30000 biomass points using ambrosia gaia memes
>buy monkey cubes
>300 monkeys
>someone makes the mistake of hitting one
>dies instantly
>warden, RD, and 3 other people show up
>all of them get disarmed
>admemes just delete them all
>so i do it again
>they delete them all again
>no bwoink

I wasn't even thinking. I should have gotten a screenshot.
>>
>>172783067
Giving botany their own personal poutine tower is a fairly good trade though.
>>
>>172783068
>no bwoink
Amazing how gutless the admins are when you're the one lagging everything to hell.
>>
>>172783839
I got bwoinked yesterday for throwing a braindead person into disposals on a shitty new map no one wants.

This was probably the only time I was going to do that. Unless its a really shitty round. I wish there was an easy way to move 300 monkey cubes.
>>
Yclat banned when
>>
>>172783938
Nice trace
>>
>>172784307
When you catch me doing something worth being banned over peter puffer.
>>
>>172784307
Calm down kolith
>>172783938
>has long hair in the left picture
>has short hair in the right
>>
>>172781935
No, its sole purpose isn't that you fucking psychopath. Just fucking talk with the botanist. You can easily order some trays or borrow a tray for grass then wirecutter off of 1 seed pack which is plenty reasonable.
>>
>yclat will never cook you his national dish of paella
>>
>>172778786
Razz Vozz is Dacendeth
>>
>>172782783
No. The botanists grow plants. The chef is often a benefactor of that but he is by no means entitled to it.
>>
>>172784932
So if the botanist grew no wheat the HOP would not have cause to demote him?
>>
>>172784808
The botanist was the psychopath who cut his shit in for no reason, why doesn't he just fucking talk with the chef about it
>>
>>172785007
No because that isn't his job and would be an abuse of power for the HoP to do it. I could see if it the botanist couldn't part with 1 pack of each seed he wants so he can grow his own shit with cargo trays though.
>>
>>172784870
>not duck rice
>not portuguese stew
>not a frenchie
>not a Cod a la Bras
Shit taste my man, of all cuisine you could eat, you choose a spanicucks mockery of a meat and rice dish
>>
>>172784491
all the more reason to wait for muh ban valid
>>172784580
does kolith even play anymore?
>>
>>172785115
That's a double bind, though, resulting in an absurd scenario.

>Botanist won't grow wheat, and is asked to grow wheat by the chef, asking the HOP for help if necessary
>Counterargument: Chef does not have authority over the botanist

>Botanist won''t grow wheat, and the chef grows wheat in his botany trays
>Counterargument: Chef is overstepping his boundaries by encroaching on his co-worker's work station

>Botanist won't grow wheat, and the chef orders his own botany equipment and grows his own plants in the kitchen coldroom
>Counterargument: Then what is the Botanist's purpose?
>>
>>172785115
If you don't do a job well enough to satisfy your boss, you're like to not have a job for long.
>>
>>172785525
I have a counter argument for your counters.

he should be doing his fucking job.
>>
>>172785525
Just call the HoP and say that the botanists are retarded weed smoking hippies and wont make you any wheat.
The HoP goes there and yells at them and if they don't make wheat after this just have the HoP demote them.

Or better yet, just get the HoPs permission to plant wheat and ignore any assmad botanist.
>>
>>172785115
>No because that isn't his job and would be an abuse of power for the HoP to do it.
You are fucking retarded. The HoP's job is to oversee the service departments and if you wont grow wheat to help the chef make food I sure as hell would demote you and no admin would listen to your whining.
>>
>>172785352
>not fish and chips
>>
File: 1490699793413.jpg (29KB, 640x632px) Image search: [Google]
1490699793413.jpg
29KB, 640x632px
How the FUCK do I make a chemistry dispenser at the protolathe?
>>
>>172785990
I don't personally believe the first 2 counterarguments I listed. I think that it is a double bind resulting in the absurdity at the bottom if we accept the first 2 counterarguments as valid.

>>172786006
Pretty much. I've never played a game in which I thought the HOP would agree that the Botanist needn't plant any wheat.
>>
/cock/ here, is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45JdWBfLsA8 on the jukebox?
>>
>>172786493
You dont get it from the proto, you select the circuit imprinter, get the board, you get metal for a machine frame, you wire the frame, you put the board in, you put the necessary machine parts in and apply a screwdriver to the machine frame with all the parts. Better parts make it do stuff like more recharge time.
>>
>>172786617
Only tom waits song is THE PIANO HAS BEEN DRINKING
>>
Its all cult now...
Lets play another round of cult.
>>
>>172786493
have you tried reading the wiki
>>
That was a pretty bad cult round.
>>
Post your favorite job and favorite song

Job: Botanist
Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGdGFtwCNBE
>>
Headline: Sneaky lizardman fools crew of cucks
>>
>>172778782
>be fair and honest
>release shitlers on time
>still be I AM THE LAW somehow
>>
>>172786793
The wiki has gaps, with this being one of them

>>172786651
Thanks for an actual answer
>>
File: 1401475317802.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1401475317802.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>172786709
I hate it
I hate how it plays multiple times in a row
I hate how it doesn't quite match the other songs in the playlists it's on
I hate that i've heard it hundreds of times and had to turn off streaming to stop hearing it
>>
>>172786939
Mechanic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16yI2d9sNE
>>
>>172787057
Completely agree. Worst song in the box. Worse than the Batman Robocop shit.
>>
>>172787057
Well what's your favorite song on the juke then?
>>
>>172787057
>I hate how it plays multiple times in a row

It's some memelord setting it to single and whenever I find who does it I will metagrudge them beyond the likes this server has ever seen
>>
>>172786939
hideaway building assistant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=399YneFTwh0
>>
>>172786939
Bartender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPPtrqvHGEg
>>
Slammo was fucking scary that round
>>
>>172787217
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77R1Wp6Y_5Y
>>
>>172785525
The ideal situation is the botanist and chef talk it out and the chef abides by the decision because ultimately it's the botanists workplace with the caveat that the chef is allowed One (1) of each species of seed pack he wants to clipper all he needs, access to the nutrivend for ez-nutrient, a bucket, and a locker of tools if they cannot find a resolution. He can get a tray pack at cargo for his grass seeds to have all the trays he wants.

To grow plants.

>>172785965
He's not my boss. He's a potentially autistic retard like >>172786403 that has borne the spine shattering burden of existing for 2 weeks on a low rp server. The med rp platform we were founded on is long dead. Such qualification. If you want to pull that shit go to bay.

>>172786403
I can pull that same shit too. The chef's job is to serve food. He has enough food and corn oil injections to last the entire shift without fucking with the botanist. If I was told the chef was raiding and harassing botany I sure as hell would demote you for being a griefing faggot and the admins would tell you the same thing they tell them every time, it's an IC issue :^^^^^^)
>>
>>172782756
But I never hated you.
>>
File: easy-pickins.png (90KB, 834x640px) Image search: [Google]
easy-pickins.png
90KB, 834x640px
>>172787346
song is especially appropriate after you're murdered and stach'd by a vamp
>>
>>172787346
>Maint-dwelling Comfy Assistant
>Sims buy mode

Ayy my nigga
>>
>>172786493
>new scientist makes a chemmaster instead of a chem dispenser
Every time.
>>
>>172787483
>I can pull that same shit too. The chef's job is to serve food. He has enough food and corn oil injections to last the entire shift without fucking with the botanist. If I was told the chef was raiding and harassing botany I sure as hell would demote you for being a griefing faggot and the admins would tell you the same thing they tell them every time, it's an IC issue :^^^^^^)
The difference here is that you believe that asking for wheat is the same as harassing or raiding botany, which makes you terminally autistic.
Botany should make wheat for the chef because it requires no effort from them and helps the chef a lot.

Stop being an asshole.
>>
>>172787469
are you me?

its impossible two people can have taste this good
>>
>>172786939
Mime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbQgXeY_zi4
>>
>>172787483
Digitalis I'm not sure you're in ANY position to start claiming what you'd do as HoP considering you just got a headban for being a shitty HoP
>>
>>172787451
What'd he do?
>>
File: f3a.png (299KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
f3a.png
299KB, 600x594px
>when you see a soul stoned guy them you turn him into a wraith as a non-cultist with a shell you found nearby him
>them you give him a order to hunt down and kill cultists
>and he actually does that
i fucking love using cult magic against themselves
>>
>>172785115
>that isn't his job
so, what is his job?
>>
File: 1441040435566.jpg (32KB, 479x492px) Image search: [Google]
1441040435566.jpg
32KB, 479x492px
>>172787469
>>172787718
>>
>>172787936
Someone melted his mask, and another person accused him of cheating. That made him go BERSERK.
>>
>>172787970
Well, your wraith couldn't actually see their cult icon. Wonder who all it killed.
>>
>>172788804
who was the accuser? i saw him tabling some naked waifu in the bar, was that her?
>>
File: 1490572142144.png (120KB, 387x357px) Image search: [Google]
1490572142144.png
120KB, 387x357px
>>172786939
I play everything
https://youtu.be/r92DAYsxp3k
>>
>roundstart make chloral and sleeptoxin pills for shitsec
>CMO cries and cablecuffs both chemists in just 2 minutes because muh cryo rush metagame
>medbay explodes to c4 anyways with an immediate shuttle call
Simply epic.
>>
>>172786939
Mechanic
Song: https://youtu.be/nLzjm9E1hwg
>>
>>172786939
Assistant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r28NIJkKfEs
>>
>>172787970
I was that wraith, I only brutally mutilated them, but couldn't quite kill them. They made it in the end. I failed you. It was cool as shit though.
>>
File: rip.jpg (183KB, 1007x591px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
183KB, 1007x591px
rip Miller, he just wanted to be a burger
>>
>>172790760
>roundstart make chloral and sleeptoxin pills for shitsec
wait, what would security do with those things?
>>
>>172791692
feed them to prisoners so rescue attempts utterly fail
>>
>>172791770
that's prisoner abuse
>>
>>172787705
Asking is fine. Barging in and just taking trays then retaliating when they kill your garbage when they need the tray isn't. Get your head out of your ass.

>>172787825
I'm not worst hop ever.

>>172788238
To grow what the fuck ever he wants
>>
>>172791770
doesn't chloral kill people?
>>
>>172791838
maybe but sec never had a problem with me dropping off questionable chemicals so I assume they don't really care
>>
>>172791909
Over 15 units, it starts damaging them, inject like 30 and yeah, they might aswell be dead.
>>
>>172790760
To be honest, you should report that shit.
>>
>>172791905
Botanist cannot grow whatever the fuck he wants. If he spreads kudzu he's getting brigged
>>
>>172791909
Only in OD amounts.

>>172791838
Abuse would be decapitating you and fuel tanking your head because you could

>>172791968
Nothing wrong with it.

>>172792159
Barricade the doors/windoors so it doesn't get out and don't splice pacid into it and it's kosher
>>
>>172791905
youi mean I'm paying some nigger to grow drugs and smoke drugs all day?
time for some budget cuts then
>>
>>172791905
Also, if the botanist can grow whatever he wants, then so should the chef. But if a chef only made wish soup then yes, I would complain
>>
I just feel like chemistry's security aide (riot grenades etc.) is severely underutilized.
The pharmacy tends to be ridiculously overstocked which is a waste of time by the round end.
There could easily be one chemist pumping harms and one pumping pharms.
>>
>>172792231
If the Botanist cannot grow pacid kudzu then no, he cannot grow whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
File: 1490889883165.jpg (89KB, 650x608px) Image search: [Google]
1490889883165.jpg
89KB, 650x608px
Who's the thickest space waifu?
I need something else besides cholesterol to fill the Dana sized hole in my heart.
>>
>>172792286
He can cook whatever he wants from the confines of his kitchen. The chef can get 1 of whatever packs he wants and use 1 botany tray for a couple harvest to start his soil plots or use cargo trays.

>>172792410
Well he can it'll just kill him then die then be reported to not be cloned.. So rather than he can't, more that it's inadvisable if you wish to remain alive to grow shit.
>>
>>172792343
Yeah, it helps a lot when chemistry is helping out. Even if it's just explosion grenades and pill bottles of hyperzine.
>>
>>172792231
and have a sperg assistant have his autism flare up because
>"you bloging from bublic view :DDD"

no thanks
>>
>>172792527
>The chef can get 1 of whatever packs he wants and use 1 botany tray for a couple harvest to start his soil plots

Are you just arbitrarily stating this? That would piss off a fair amount of botanists off
>>
>>172792836
No? Teach them about clippers if they don't know and if they really can't bear the loss of 1 tray for 5 minutes for the chef to get grass going to make a soil plot then the chef can go order cargo trays
>>
File: 1448294263757.jpg (97KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1448294263757.jpg
97KB, 800x800px
what's the secret to becoming a good chef
>>
>>172793407
Cook a variety of stuff, using whatever you have
Got eggplant? Make some eggplant shit
Got soy milk? Make some tofu shit
And so on
>>
>>172793407
Interpersonal skills, the capacity to read the wiki, and the knowledge to grind cheese wheels and syringe corn oil into 3 or 4 pieces of the same sprite food so you're not wasting time remaking a bajillion of them unless you're doing a canned beans or soup kitchen gimmick that wants a lot
>>
>>172793407
>>172793581
>Interpersonal skills
This right here. Anyone can click a few times and throw shit on a counter.
>>
>>172793581
>cheese wheels
Okay.
Okay.
NO
I'm fucking PISSED OFF at this moment, Digitalis.
There is NO fucking reason you should be making cheese wheels or syringing corn oil into ANYTHING.
If you need nutriment, make potent plants and grind them.
I'm fucking mad.
Stick to stuff you have any competence at, stop getting into my fucking kitchen.
>>
File: SrpYt.png (28KB, 358x304px) Image search: [Google]
SrpYt.png
28KB, 358x304px
>>172783068
A while back I caused such a shitshow that the coders had to modify a genetics powergaming tool just to prevent my exploit.

>Make a shitload of monkey cubes (100+)
>Stash them in a corner where they can't move
>Use a fire-extinguisher to turn all of them all into humans
>Fill spray bottle with ryetalyn, fire once at gigantic monkey stack
>They start transforming into humans
>Guy walks in, see the pile of human bodies repeatedly exploding into multi-colored hulk hogans
>Causes so much lag in the health code that nobody can get injured anymore
>Radstorm hits, nobody is irradiated, nobody gains mutations
>People beating the shit out of each others causing no damage
>Suddenly the monkeys stop transforming
>All the damage accumulate over the past 15 minutes comes back all at once
>People randomly exploding from massive brute damage, vomiting from massive rad damage and overall instantly dying
>>
>>172793867
I'm just saying, if there's a breakdown, you can make your purty food pieces then use your infinite filler to keep it from being fully consumed. This lets you stretch your exotic meat/fruit/food crate purchases
>>
>>172795980
Wait. Using rye on monkeys makes them humans?
>>
>>172795980
can this remain a feature?
like some 15 minute "iron curtain" effect maybe attach it to an artifact?
>>
>>172796252
Used to, it was removed precisely because of this story.
>>
>>172792343
>chloral smoke grenade
Hahaha.
>>
I haven't played all day, tell me what April foolery you guys have been up to, has TG been up to anything as well?
>>
File: Spot the fluke ops.png (720KB, 750x747px) Image search: [Google]
Spot the fluke ops.png
720KB, 750x747px
>>172710173
No words...
>>
File: where's the ship.png (313KB, 944x942px) Image search: [Google]
where's the ship.png
313KB, 944x942px
>OKAY GUYS WE GOT THE DISK
>WHERE'S THE SHIP?
>>
>>172796941
I like it for nonlethal vamp takedowns. Once he's out I can cut his foot off and then he's my bitch.
>>
>>172796964
>>172797078
Did they all go through the tele?
>>
File: most retarded ops of all time.png (21KB, 614x413px) Image search: [Google]
most retarded ops of all time.png
21KB, 614x413px
>they pointed fingers in dead chat afterwords
>instead of owning up that they were all retards
>and self requesting 5ever bans
>>
>>172797213
Yes
>>
>>172797213
Yup.
>>
>>172797271
>afterwords
Afterwards
>>
File: 141022turbin600.jpg (60KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
141022turbin600.jpg
60KB, 600x405px
>>172796964
>>172797078
>>
>>172797271
hey how do you know they were ALL incompetent?
>>
>>172797271
>NO HE FORGOT TO MOVE THE SHIP
>NUH UH IT WAS HIM
>NO YOU FUCKING IDIOT I SECURED THE DISK
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The only agent that is free of retard sin was the stealth-ops who man-handled the HoS and took the disk himself.
>>
>>172797271
The stealth ops did their job.
>>
>>172795980
holy shit thats good.

A new story from /tg/
>its another "non-antag does antag things that ruin the round for fucking everyone" episode
>>
>Cryo's down
>Cloning's down
>It's ops, so corpses are streaming in
>Time to start chopping off limbs so people are defibrable!
>HoS has only been shot in the head for 150 damage, let's chop it off and put it back on!
>Reattach, defib, he's back up after a minute or so once the damage on the rest of his body calms down
>He thanks me, I give him my clothes as his were stripped, he goes off to save the day in medical uniform
>Another corpse is brought in
>Damage all over, burn and brute, thisgonbefun
>Pop in spawns the nuke disk after the station shudders for another time
>sweatingskeletons.jpg
>Quickly just embed that shit in the greyshirts chest while maint behind me keeps glowing and fading from passing lights
>Surgery aux opens
>Spookdskeletons.jpg
>In come people in sec gear, with shotguns
>'Check his bag'
>Quickly *scream and PDA the officer it's embedded in the greyshirt
>We escort the dead, limbless greyshirt to the shuttle
>I steadily explode from decompression before succumbing, but the show must go on
>Crew major victory as security protects a limbless corpse like it's the crown jewels

Shitsurgery saves
>>
In my defense I've never played nuke ops before.
>>
>>172797529
>HoS has only been shot in the head for 150 damage, let's chop it off and put it back on!
god I love ghetto surgery
>>
>>172797529
You were a hero and I was proud to have replaced medbays power cells for you
>>
>>172797721
Read the wiki.
>>
>>172797721
it's okay, I had fun robusting 2 of you
>>
>>172798007
Very impressive I didn't even have my jetpack on, I've never used one before.
>>
if the jetpack goes on the back slot, where does the oxygen tank go? do I just hold it like a pleb?
>>
>>172798153
What is suit storage?
>>
>>172798153
can't you like fill jetpack with oxygen or sumthin?
>>
>>172798153
Suit slot man. That's assuming you're not using one of the generic gray space suits. Then you do.
>>
>>172798256
Sorry, I thought the back slot was the suit storage slot. Like (back) (belt) (hand hand) (pocket) (pocket)
>>
>>172797721
>>172798072
>>172798153
Cool, there's maybe things you should fucking learn how to do before turning on an advanced fucking role
>>
>>172798458
The suit storage slot is the slot below the glove slot. You can only use it while wearing an exosuit in the exosuit slot, and each exosuit has certain things it can and can't hold.
>>
File: Untitled.png (41KB, 966x468px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
41KB, 966x468px
>>
>>172798646
?
>>
>>172798518
in every nuke ops team there will be 0-3 newfags who can't into jetpack
it's up to the rest of the team to baby them, or for some veteran to step up and solo the disk
>>
>>172798742
I CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT YET
>>
>>172798924
the rock already smelelele'd
>>
>>172797078
>>172796964
The new boombox crew
>>
what do I need to know before playing sec?
>>
>>172799116
jerk off the HoS and get validz
>>
>>172799116
>space law brig times
>combat
>how to wear and tag an SPS
>antag/roundtype tells
>>
>>172798969
>Spessmen fuckign around at front of shuttle inside window
>Jack points shotgun at him and threatens him
>someone broke window
>Jack pushes spessmen out window
>I push him
>Jack shoots me
>He collapses cuz no air
>I act like I am going to toss him out in front of the crew
>buckle him into chair instead
>after round end he ahelps me saying I threw him out
>round is heavily delayed because someone apparently unbuckled him
>poor admin doesn't know what happened
>remembered the log, take pic, post in thread so admin can see it
>>
File: YES.png (3KB, 712x15px) Image search: [Google]
YES.png
3KB, 712x15px
>Bored
>head down to the brig because the clown is reeing over radio
>nothing going on
>suddenly three ops pour in
>the people in the brig suddenly stop everything they're doing and robust the shit out of them until they are either dead or they're the one that got ARRESTED
>he only deathgasps some time later
>mime helps hack the APC, call the shuttle with looted emag
>start wondering where the fuck the disk is
>clown has a PDA, I ask for it and in turn give him an oxygen canister
>leads me to some random greytider
>follow him around until he's in arrivals
>op shows up, instantly tase him
>turns out the greytider was actually an op
>while the other op gets molested by a birb, fight the greytider that doesn't understand that you cannot shoot through a broken janicart
>put him into crit, warn birb he's an op, and he walks on top of him
>locate the disk in surgery, skeleton pdas me that it's in his desk
>go home
I think the ops had a lot more problems than just forgetting the shuttle although that's fucking unforgivable
>>
>>172799171
dont forget to vagblast your waifu in perma
>>
>>172799116
Shit on greyshirts.
Be a hardcore roleplayer by actually sperging over spacedrugs.
Abuse the virologist.
>>
>>172799262
>Jack pushes spessmen out window
Wrong, he tried to shoot me as he moved and fell out.
I was buckled as he moved so I couldn't have pushed him.
>>
File: animal-house.jpg (126KB, 792x426px) Image search: [Google]
animal-house.jpg
126KB, 792x426px
>>172799493
ok
>>
>>172797153
I'm laughing because they aren't effective at all.
>>
>>172799116
Learn how to be a massive cunt and still get away with it.
>>
IT'S LINGS
>>
>>172801073
Thanks
>>
File: 1411065057437.jpg (8KB, 205x161px) Image search: [Google]
1411065057437.jpg
8KB, 205x161px
>"Oh boy, I wonder what the serb is doing for April 1st!"
>spawn in as a fucking lizard

Epic joke.
>>
>>172801231
>he doesn't know
>>
>>172801231
>18+
>caring about April Fools

Get what you deserve
>>
>>172801445
Well excuse me for having expectations after Halloween and Christmas.

At the very least the clown should be on good form today.
>>
>>172801514
What happened at halloween aside from admins spawning themselves as invincible antags?
What happened at christmas aside from Celt killing the server for the day?
>>
File: Christ2.png (576KB, 960x672px) Image search: [Google]
Christ2.png
576KB, 960x672px
>>172801514
>Christmas
>Good
>>
>>172801514
The limit on clowns has been removed, that's something.
>>
>>172801681
Really? Because I couldn't spawn as one
>>
>>172801231
>See lizard
>Remove degenerate lizard and get away with it
Felt good my man
>>
>>172801627
>What happened at christmas aside from Celt killing the server for the day?
Every map got decked out in Christmas decorations and we got new items like wreaths and ornaments.
>>
>>172801751
Aren't catbeasts Kill on Sight but not lizards?
>>
>>172801784
Yes.
>>
>>172801784
Yiff in hell scalefag
>>
>>172801893
I bet you think killing Diona isn't murder.
>>
>>172801717
Talk to Probe or another coder in the Discord then, because it's definitely supposed to be removed as per https://github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/14485
>>
>>172801940
It's not. Greentiders deserve it
>>
>>172802097
>implying every dionae is a greentider
>>
File: 1353292485845.png (55KB, 272x269px) Image search: [Google]
1353292485845.png
55KB, 272x269px
>>172802097
>>
>>172802202
>Implying they aren't playing the premier powergay race to greentide
>>
>>172802335
It's only tiding if it is a group, remember that.
>>
>>172802335
Or maybe they died once and are looking for a second chance.
>>
>>172802394
Then don't be shit with your second chance or you'll repeat history on your third life too
>>
>>172802335
Most people at least try to help as Diona. Get your dionaphobic comments out of here.
>>
>>172802465
Why are you continuously implying that all Diona are kill on sight just by existing?

Because I'm certainly not playing as a cricket right now, and the last time I did I was killed by some asshole - which I think was probably you - for simply bringing another guy to medical.
>>
>>172802545
remove dendrophobics when
>>
>>172802335
Sometimes I like to observe the first 30 minutes of a round and spawn in later when I know it's not ops or whatever.
>>
How many arms/manipulator tentacles and how many legs/mobility tentacles does a scootaloo have?
>>
>>172802565
>Trying to malipulate medbay into letting you in to pilfer their precious fridge and cloner loot piles
Absolutely haram
>>
>>172801632
>>172801627
It was partially Celt's fault, but largely PJB's fault
>>
>>172802998
As many as they need.
>>
>>172803362
The server being down for all of christmas was entirely celts fault
>>
File: 1482446781547.png (14KB, 568x178px) Image search: [Google]
1482446781547.png
14KB, 568x178px
What the fuck?
>>
>>172803516
>red eyed clown
>>
>>172803593
From what I remember, it was
>celt has a perfect, flawless working snowmap
>it's been tested thoroughly
>celt points out to PJB that there's some problem with lists that needs to be fixed
>PJB essentially tells him to fuck off
>celt merges snowmap
>the problem with lists causes the server to crash
>everyone collectively blames celt even though PJB was mostly at fault
Snowmap was fucking kickass, I played on his test server for 5 hours straight with absolutely no issues, the problem was server-side and PJB's responsibility to fix, which he didn't.
>>
>>172803664
?
>>
>>172803721
Yeah, I remember that snowmap. It was fine.

Other than the killer snowmen.
>>
>>172803893
That's true. The snowmen were ridiculous.
>>
>Also new thread when?
>>
>>172803721
The server crashing isn't a problem, celt did some shit so that it wouldn't come back up after it crashed.

Also the "problem" Celt told PJB about lists was a load of bullshit. The actual problem was that Celt's snowmap used a fuck ton of memory, far far too much because of his shitty code. And the extra lists also happened to take a (not negligible but not very significant) amount of memory as well. Celt was trying to bandage over his poorly coded memory hog by attacking anything else that used even slightly more than average memory.
>>
>>172803959
I'd have preferred more incentive to build snow forts with little ramparts and maybe a constructable flag so you could do ad hoc snowball fights against one another.
>>
>catbeast round
>everyone has to hunt down the one human

Why was this not an april fools event?
>>
>>172804173
I know, I thought of the same thing
>>
>>172804107
There was a sprite set for joining snow barricades together into proper walls, but the project was shelved before it got added as far as I know.
>>
>nigger round
>everyone has to hunt down the last chicken drumstick wielding white woman

Why was this not an april fools event???
>>
>>172804281
I dunno, did you code it or bus it?
>>
>>172803721
>I played on his test server for 5 hours straight with absolutely no issues
Was this after the """test""" merge on the live server? A short bit prior to that, I played on his test server for an hour and found a load of problems.
>>
>trump round
>everyone has to hunt down the last spic

Why was this not an april fools event??????
>>
>>172804372
Cause there's more than one spic. Always.
>>
>irish round
>everyone has to hunt down the last potato

Why was this not an april fools event????
>>
File: 1470236913999.gif (825KB, 423x357px) Image search: [Google]
1470236913999.gif
825KB, 423x357px
>>172803721
Celt's """""""""""testing""""""""""" has never revealed any problems with any of his PRs.

Not hypothermia
Not planes
Not snowmap

And yet all of them mysteriously fail spectacularly.
>>
File: 1410769925709.jpg (261KB, 1106x1518px) Image search: [Google]
1410769925709.jpg
261KB, 1106x1518px
>>172804281
Something similar has already been done
>>
>>172804581
This. Remember he is the guy who is the one who singlehandedly inspired the creation of the 100% tested meme
>>
>>172804581
Is this the start of a new hit piece
>>
File: 64x64.png (64KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
64x64.png
64KB, 640x640px
>>172804059
>>172804581
>Celt's snowmap without PJBcode
Works perfect
>Celt's snowmap with PJBcode
Crashes

But remember - it's Celt's fault, somehow.
>>
File: 1485740540839.jpg (225KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485740540839.jpg
225KB, 800x800px
>>172804581
why is hypothermia still in the game. It was only used outside of snowmap (which was on the server for 2 days) for abuse of zas since it takes 5 seconds to put someone in sleepcrit that you cant yell for help or escape. No reason to keep the sleep part in
>>
>>172804934
Why is ZAS represented by an APC
>>
>>172804891
Can you point to a single thing PJB did to sabotage Celt's code?

All I can see is Celt's amazing deflection ability at play once again.
>>
>>172804979
I didnt make it so i have no idea
>>
>>172805000
PJB had 3 lists per atom to check if they were buckled to something, or something was buckled to them

BYOND isn't a fan of lists, so a shit ton of lists means a shit ton of memory

Snowmap crashed because memory failure because of the amount of atoms
>>
>>172805000
Putting three lists in atom movable and then blaming snow map for crashing is like someone weighing 256kg and then suing kellog's because the cereal they ate that morning gave them diabetes
>>
>>172805249
>>172805341
It wasn't in atoms, it like the guy below you said it was atom movables.

Also, 3 lists on /atom/movables isn't going to cause the server to crash. It just isn't, you can go and add 10 on a local server and it isn't going to crash.

If those 3 lists were causing us to be that close to crashing than absolutely anything would be able to put us over the top.

No, there was a problem with the snow turf itself that Celt coded that caused them to use an extreme amount of memory. And since a single map has 500x500 tiles (250,000 instances) about equal to the number of ALL movable atoms, this caused the server to take an overwhelming amount of memory and crash continuously.
>>
>>172803362
>>172803593
>>172803721
>>172803893
>>172804059
>>172804371
>>172804581
I love how we put all this time and effort into arguing what "killed" Snowmap but apparently the consensus is that the code works the launch was just bad

So if the code is good why don't we just try it again instead of spending so many threads arguing fucking pointlessly about it??

>But there are conflicts now
Conflicts are fucking easy to fix compared to writing new code, they're easier than bugfixes. Literally you just decide what to keep and what to trash. And here's the thing: the longer you wait the longer the list of conflicts grows. So it's better to fix it now than to be lazy and do it later.
>>
>>172805690
For reference,
tiles in a map 500x500x6 = 1.5 million
movable atoms in the game = ~250,000
atoms = both of those combined = 1.75 million

People accidentally add lists to even ALL atoms on a regular basis (equivalent to adding 7 lists to movable atoms), a few lists like that could no possibly cause the issues that snowmap had, it isn't even remotely possible.
>>
>>172806148
>So if the code is good why don't we just try it again instead of spending so many threads arguing fucking pointlessly about it??

https://github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/13815
>feb 4
>>
>>172797529
huh the limb can just be removed and the same limb put back on and the damage magically vanishes? I just assumed it stayed on the limb, weird.
>>
>>172804934
So you can shower people into an irreversible coma
Because I ran after celt into space without a rigsuit, stuncuffed and dragged him back in
>>
Do all the spells in the game still cost the same amount of points
>>
>>172807548
No robes costs double, as far as I know that's it.
>>
DEAD SERBER

DEAD GAEM
>>
April Fool's; or, Coders Push a Number of Poorly Tested "Jokes"
>>
>>172807548
Everything is just scaled up
>>
>>172808870
Why not both?
>>
File: numerical.jpg (51KB, 886x495px) Image search: [Google]
numerical.jpg
51KB, 886x495px
>Butcher the wizard to pieces with my hatchet in the shuttle for fucking with me and the chef all round
>>
>9 players
it's over
>>
>>172808891
but why
>>
>>172809125
Making headroom for future spells and balancing cause fireball =/= blind
>>
File: ded serbian.png (104KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ded serbian.png
104KB, 250x250px
>>
File: sh.png (14KB, 431x178px) Image search: [Google]
sh.png
14KB, 431x178px
>>172808961
That's what I mean.
>>
>>172809065
I can't join, my connection is bugged.
>>
File: GraveyardVerFuneral.png (2MB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
GraveyardVerFuneral.png
2MB, 1536x1024px
>>
>>172809323
So why do all the spells cost the same then
Is there a plan to balance things
Have any of the coders begun planning for this
Why didn't they balance it at the time that they decided to scale it up so that it wouldn't get forgotten
>>
april fools we killed the server so funny
>>
>>172809391
That's so bizarre, why is the colon after or and not strangelove
>>
>>172809617
I honestly have no idea
>>
>>172809591
"Balance" shitposting that will make any time you spend on it wasted, a need for more meh spells, and like 50 hours of work in developing a thorough spell upgrade tech tree
>>
>can't join
>>
>>172811179
I just latejoined with 4 minute shuttle timer, walked in, walked back to arrivals and sat in a pod.
FUN.
>>
>>172811467
>be lame
>have a lame experience
WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW
>>
Why do waifu shitters have no originality when it comes to antag gimmicks?
>>
What's a waifu shitter?
>>
>>172811467
joined with 30 seconds til takeoff, were you the dude I e-sworded?
>>
>>172812241
No but I heard screams and esword in the pod next to me.
Thread posts: 844
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.