[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 442
Thread images: 27

File: file.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
9KB, 400x400px
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.
>>
s-video with gausian

how do i add halation?
>>
>>172555967
What emulator are you using?
>>
File: tiles.png (85KB, 678x840px) Image search: [Google]
tiles.png
85KB, 678x840px
Tile by tile, I'm making a shantae GBC nude patch cause nobody else ever bothered to

see you guys in the afterlife
>>
>>172555512
>In terms of what?

Yeah compatibility, general instability, limited activations, there was Ubisoft's always online thing, so on. Overall the 00s were a bad time to be a PC buyfag.

Yes pretty much everything can be cracked but having to crack something you paid actual money for is ridiculous.
>>
File: #retroarch.jpg (68KB, 1400x640px) Image search: [Google]
#retroarch.jpg
68KB, 1400x640px
>>
>>172556115
zsnepsx-e
>>
>>172556157
Dear Christ.
>>
Does audio sound like shit in skies of Arcadia legends in Dolphin to anyone else?
>>
>>172556928
This is what happens if you compress a 2-disc game onto a single disc
>>
>>172556157
>>172556239
(By the way, if anyone has tips or a favorite program to make my life easier...)

tile layer pro is working better than yy-chr did, but I'd love to be able to see the actual full sprites instead of randomly chopped up tiles and having to cross-reference a static sprite sheet for blocky shapes
>>
>>172557141
Yea just looked in to it. Fucking Jews did not want to spring for the extra disk. Down sampling music to fit it. Fucking why?
RE0 had multi disks as well as many other Gamecube games.
>>
>>172557141
Rather a 2 GDROM game into a Mini DVD.
>>
>>172556157
Good luck anon. I hope you can keep sane.
>>
Welp guess i am stuck with the KGB botnet emu and the original game.
>>
>>172556115

its obviously retroarch.

btw, why hasn't blargg made ntsc filters for PSX or Saturn? Saturn especially would need it due to all the dithering.
>>
>>172559002
Retroarch isn't an emulator though.
>>
>>172559135
yah! tell em! everyone needs your autistic confusion.
>>
>>172559517
The only autist here is you, friendo.
>>
>>172539798
MelonDS is closed source?
>>
File: 1484053567188.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1484053567188.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>172559517
>Stating a fact is now autism
Please step away from your computer for 5 mins and clear your head. It seams you need a break.
>>
>>172560804
I think the initial 0.1 release just came out; I'm still having trouble getting it to work even though I got the bios/firmware files.
>>
>>172560262
>>172561260
k. brb in 5 minutes
>>
>>172559002
what happened to blargg anyway?
>>
>>172561790
That doesn't answer my question but okay.
>>
>>172563541
LMGTFY:
https://github.com/StapleButter/melonDS
>>
>>172564091
Then what did >>172539798 mean by this?
>Open source zealots hate them! Other emulators than desmume discovered a revolutionary way to not run like shit and still not improve accuracy. Find out how!
>>
>>172557339

Crystaltile2 has a "tile composition tool".
You can do it with monster world 4 too.
You sick bastard.
>>
>>172564274
>shit people post on 4chan is not necessarily true

Quick someone call the news
>>
>>172557446
Nintendo wanted to be a speshul snowflake not adopting DVDs so devs just said well fuck you.
>>
>>172564274

defending desmume as the BEST thing EVA since coffee is how some people * "defend open source"

( * : Twinaphex, SP, and others )

melonDS is by staplebutter, who wanted to add wifi if not for zeromus-sama to catch his nefarious pokemanz plot.

He made him look worse and complains about things that don't exist like problems in zeromusware and we all know it's perfect

he has the gall of praising no$gba and drastic. He's an enemy of desmume and of TRUTH.

This makes melonDS trans-closed source.
>>
>>172567198
I have no idea what you wrote but have a (You) regardless.
>>
>>172567598
Bless You.
>>
>>172567598
What he said is that basically the DesMuMeme main dev is a drooling retard that sabotaged his own emu because of his pettiness, and another dev took it upon himself to make a non retarded PC DS emu.
>>
>>172567198
>( * : Twinaphex, SP, and others )

How to spot a newfag.
>>
What's the verdict on CEMU? Has anyone tried it? I'd like to play BotW but I'm not buying a fucking console for one game. I wouldn't mind buying the game itself though
>>
>>172568141
Wait few months.
>>
>>172568141
>What's the verdict on CEMU?
Shit.

>Has anyone tried it?
Nah.

>I'd like to play BotW
Get a Wii U or a Switch then.

>I wouldn't mind buying the game itself though
The game is the one thing you can get away without paying for since piracy for Wii U is a thing.
>>
>>172568351
Well, I don't really have a TV any more and the switch looks like a garbage fire. Guess I'll wait some more.
>>
>>172557446
Better question is why no one modded in better music for emulation.
>>
>>172568351
Cemu success is a daily reminder of your own failures, we get it.
>>
>>172566430
I think it's more that Nintendo didn't want to pay the fees associated with incorporating DVD decoding software on the Gamecube.

Either way, it was a really dumb decision on their part. With the processing power of the Gamecube, DVD support probably would have made it the top console of the sixth generation.
That success would have also avoided the shift of focus to the "casual" market seen with the Wii.
Imagine if Nintendo still had the same goals as the GameCube and Gameboy Advance era. Combined with their IPs, they'd be unstoppable.
>>
>>172568739
Ironic thing is i found a rebalance patch and a 60hz one but no music fix.

It's a shame. I feel it is an insult to the game.
>>
>>172568351
>How to be a contrarian on the internet
>>
>>172568141
some games work pretty well, like Captain Toad and Super Mario 3D World

It has very fast progress, much faster than the average emulator.
>>
>>172568739
If the music was downsampled due to space limitations how you suggest they put the original quality music back in without cutting anything else?
>>
>>172569493
Funny thing is Panasonic shit all over them with a DVD drive and Gamecube hybrid.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panasonic_Q
Then again the Gamecube part could not take advantage of the DVD function. But its a nice view of what could have been.
I wish i had one of them instead of the purple lunchbox i had years ago.
>>
I think butthurt pokefaggots blow the Desmume wifi crap out of proportion and demonize Zeromus over it. Him not wanting to implement per-game hacks to fix Pokemon issues like Drastic probably did doesn't make Desmume a bad emulator. Staplebutter's MelonDS could surpass it in the long run if he makes a more accurate emulator but for now Desmume is still the best for PC.
>>
>>172570860
(Kill yourself)
>>
>>172569493
>I think it's more that Nintendo didn't want to pay the fees associated with incorporating DVD decoding software on the Gamecube.
They used MiniDVD anyway, though. To get around the fees they read their discs from the outside in, instead of inside out like everything else.
>>
>>172569982
getting payed a fuckton of money to make it to the point where they can work on it full time while living in the third world so cheap living probably helps. wonder if the patreon success will bring back the closed source emulator. maybe the switch emu will be closed source with a patreon of 50k a month

>>172570860
to be fair most emudevs ill tell you that they would be glad if pokefags all killed themselves but usually they relent and fix it just to make them shut up(see citra devs and how they got the pokemon games to a playable state while the emulator can still barely play most games). knowing that the fix is there and not getting implemented out of spite made people hate him
>>
If zeromus is cancer, what about rogerman?
>>
>>172571358
(You too)
>>
>>172572276
The thing about Desmume is that it's open source and anybody could make a Pokemon-friendly fork which would probably surpass the original in popularity.

But no one did. Is Desmume's code really so hard to work with?
>>
>>172564731
Thanks, currently im working with BGB and it's got a great tile address viewer (in real time!) and binary table

I just dont know how to convert this into hex for the 'Go To' function in Tile Layer Pro
>>
>>172486750
Y'all nothing but a bunch of fucking retards, both, those who think that Cemu's Dev won't release the source IF the project ever dies, and those who think he will.

Instead of enjoying the emulator's progress you do nothing but whine WAY. TOO. FUCKING. AHEAD. OF TIME. just for the sake of it.
Seriously, go and kill your fucking selves already, or actually better, go and contribute with Decaf's progress and do something actually useful.

>>172570860
>Zeromus not wanting to fix games just because he dislike those games isn't a bad thing
The answer is "Yes", Anon. Sabotaging your own emulator just because you dislike X franchise or said franchise's fandom IS a really bad thing, needless to say that it's immature as fuck too.
>>
>>172572868
Desmune has notoriously sloppy code to put it nicely. it's part of the reason the melonDS guy opted to just start over with a new emulator over forking.

besides i imagine it's just lack of interest on top of the code. unlike say the RA devs who love making and maintaining/building (or just plain abandoning) their forks most people would just rather work on upstream, better that then having people maintaining separate forks of the same emulator because they refuse to work with the main team
>>
>>172573631
>not making per-game hacks is now sabotage
>>
>>172573631

>Y'all nothing but a bunch of fucking retards, both, those who think that Cemu's Dev won't release the source IF the project ever dies, and those who think he will.

this sort of fake neutrality is hilarious, it's pretty obvious which horse you are betting on anon no need to pretend you are a unbiased watcher here.

>Instead of enjoying the emulator's progress you do nothing but whine WAY. TOO. FUCKING. AHEAD. OF TIME. just for the sake of it.

but that's the thing, the only progress Cemu is making is lining some guys pocket with fat emudev cash, if the supposed end game for emulation is preservation of games then Cemu is doing jack shit by not sharing their source. them promising to do it doesn't mean a lot in the long run. when is the KIGB releasing the documentation that would allow the fix for pinball deluxe again? dude promised
>>
>>172570119
The limitations were caused by the physical disc dummy. Emulation doesn't have that limitation otherwise HD texture packs wouldn't work.
>>
File: file.png (12KB, 272x422px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
12KB, 272x422px
Cyndaquil, there are bigger problems than a bit of wind...

Jokes aside, I can't wait for this emulator to get better.
It's not really fair to test the first release with a game that even DeSmuME could never get right. At least Picross works.
>>
>>172577158
it's open source right?
>>
>>172577261
Yes.
Someone posted the github page earlier in the thread.
>>
>>172577361
what an upstanding example of how emulation should be
>>
>>172577158
>At least Picross works.
I tried Picross DS and it says it can't read the save data and won't let me continue. How'd you get past that?
>>
>>172575229
Are you retarded? HD texture packs work by the emulator replacing the textures in memory as they're loaded, the actual disc is never touched. There's no emulator out there that does that kind of on-the-fly replacement for other shit such as music. I don't think it's even possible. And yes, outside of minute hacks such as HD textures and uprezzing, the emulator does have the same limitations as the real hardware does.
>>
>>172577858
melonDS doesn't have support for a few save types, and Picross DS uses one of them.
I was able to bypass it by starting up the game in DeSmuME and exporting the backup save data as .sav (the format melonDS uses), and saving it to the rom's directory (the save directory melonDS uses).

For some reason, although it can't create a save in that format, it can read and write to them. So after I did that the game works as it should, and the game saved my progress on the next boot.

Unfortunately, HeartGold (and other Pokemon games, I'd imagine) is completely unable to save. Attempting to save prompts you with the "saving is impossible" screen and tells you to power off the system.
>>
Are there any reasonably accurate NES emulators with debugging tools that work on linux?

FCEUX would be fine, but the debugging stuff is win32 only.
>>
>>172578567
try mesen?
pretty sure that has a linux version
>>
>>172578885
Ah thanks anon, this seems like it will work.
>>
I'm trying to play emulators on my old CRT, but the only way I can do it right now is if I jailbreak my PS3. Anyone have any advice? My firmware is 4.50 and Jewgle isn't really helping.
>>
>>172581447
e3 flasher is your only hope
>>
>>172582351
Fuck, never mind then. Guess I'll just stick to PC.
>>
How do you fix blur in ppsspp?
>>
gnu plus emulation
>>
>>172573956
Pretty much. You have to do what the public says. You cannot develop *anything* for yourself.
>>
>>172577158
What's wrong with Pokemon on Desmume? I see people complaining all the time about the emulator, but I don't remember having any trouble with Soul Silver on it, or Platinum.
>>
02:19 < mudlord> people are portraying staplebutter as the new messiah
02:19 < mudlord> why?
02:19 < mudlord> Zeromus can turn desmume around
02:19 < mudlord> anyone can
02:20 < zermous> i doubt im turning anything around. but i look forward to staplebutter figuring out all the 3d fixed point
maths so i can borrow them
>>
>>172561260

That's one of the Five Good emperors right? They initiated that beared curly hair style. So that's Hadrian right?
>>
>>172588098
yes, borrow is the correct open source terminology
>>
>>172578289
>Attempting to save prompts you with the "saving is impossible" screen and tells you to power off the system.
Imagine getting hit with that as a kid with real hardware an 100 hours in game. Goodness.
>>
Square pusher needs to put that Patreon money to good use. Pay Simias so he has time to work on PS1 emulation.
>>
What would you like to see benchmarked?

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/62hkj2/what_would_you_like_to_see_benchmarked_on_ryzen/
>>
>>172588098
>02:19 < mudlord> people are portraying staplebutter as the new messiah
02:19 < mudlord> why?

does mudlord just not remember the shit he posts on reddit or is he just asking a rhetorical question?
>>
>>172595893
I wonder why you need to constantly bring that person up as if that person even matters.
>>
>mednafen saturn core finally update to current version in RA
>beetle psx still on an older version

i don't get the logic here. if anything i'd support a bounty where they have to update every mednafen core to the latest version (and add the pc engine accuracy core while were at it)

i'd ship in a few jewbucks for that
>>
>>172577158
I tried with all the 3 Rune Factory games and it just shows a white screen.
>>
>>172590797
>except Cemu and RPSC3

Why even bother doing this shit then.
>>
>>172597897
PCSX2 can be demanding

Also it seems pointless to test those Ryzen CPUs that have tons of cores, the 4 cores ones will be better for emulation.
>>
Anyone happen to know of a central source for determining which platform is superior for multiplat games? I'm tired of reading forum posts by salty fanboys trying to defend their underdog systems every time.
>>
>>172598878
They are pointless because they are slwer than Skylake CPUS, however RPSC3 will use all those 8 cores, which is probably the only emulator that will benefit from Ryzen, hence why it's useless avoiding this test on RPSC3.
>>
>>172599490
I didn't know RPSC3 used many cores, interesting.
>>
>>172598878
>the 4 cores ones will be better for emulation.
They'll be the same shit, just with 4 cores.
>>
>>172577158
>those black pixels

That's the exact same SABOTAGE that happened in Desmume.

This is a conspiracy!
>>
>>172597897
>So if you have something you would like to see tested, please let me know so that I can help you with your possible Ryzen purchase.

Because its an ad that will fail very hard.
>>
>>172598878
If PCSX2 can ever play MGS3 with post processing at >30fps I'll be permanently at peace.
>>
>>172573956
No, but not wanting to fix a certain series of games just because you don't like it certainly is.

>>172574664
>this sort of fake neutrality is hilarious, it's pretty obvious which horse you are betting on anon no need to pretend you are a unbiased watcher here.
Go on, enlighten me. I wasn't pretending at all, there's simply no point in whining about something that may or may not happen. But do it, I wanna see you acting as a psychiatrist or something, now I'm curious.

>the only progress Cemu is making is getting all the money
This sounds like that guy from 4 or 5 Emugens ago, the one that thought: "Progress isn't progress because Cemu is closed source REEEE".

I'm not saying that it was you, but thought it was a fun thing to mention.

Anyways, no, you know that Cemu's progress as an emulator is undeniable as it is constantly getting to emulate more games and slowly polishing its actual capabilities too (Yeah, yeah, I know, BotW and basically because the money, the point stands anyways).

>>172578289
>Attempting to save in Pokémon HeartGold prompts you with the "saving is impossible" screen
NO$GBA had that same problem back when Pokémon B/W (1) were released, dunno if Martin ever fixed it in later releases but back then the workaround (as similar issues with different Pokémon games) was an Action Replay.

>>172588098
Zeromus hangs out in the Emudevs IRC? Interesting surprise, a pic of him actually saying that would be literal gold assuming that's the real deal and not just an impostor.

>>172599661
My wild guess is that PS3 had to rely on Multithreading in order to make up for its shitty and intrincated CPU.
>>
How playable is botw at this point on cemu? Got an i5 2500k @4.2 GHz and 970
>>
>>172609974
it's broken, tons of things don't work, physics don't work, can't finish the game, no grass, enemies may fall through the ground, now the upcoming 1.7.4 seems to fix many things from what the previews have showed
>>
File: 2017-03-31_02-03-22.png (127KB, 1793x609px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-31_02-03-22.png
127KB, 1793x609px
Moving this here since /feg/ couldn't help.

I'm attempting to emulate the 3ds Fire Emblem games but I keep getting a black screen every time I start the file. I am using a .3DS file for Citra.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
>>
>>172607185
I get 60fps with post processing but some cutscenes still lag for me because my CPU is old. Also i think some areas with 60fps lag too.
>>
>>172588098
This is a good thing to hold onto.
I can easily see zeromus turning around and bashing StapleButter and his emulator for being a second-rate clone in the future.
>>
>>172601636
Those are the edges of the non-rendered 3D objects.
DeSmuME has a very different problem with the ground being rendered. Admittedly, it's gotten better but it's still pretty jarring.
>>
>>172611005
It probably just doesn't work. Citra has pretty low compatibility still.

A 2DS is like $60
>>
>>172611005
The question that's always worth asking, your ROM/S is/are decrypted, right Anon?
>>
>>172557339
Are you sure the tiles in Shantae aren't compressed?
>>
>>172588098
>02:19 < mudlord> people are portraying staplebutter as the new messiah
Is this guy for real? Geez why are people so biased. I guess because zeromus is on good terms, RA devs and their associates seem to overlook every bad thing zeromus does/did apparently.

I don't really follow DS emulation very much, but this new emulator is exciting. I wish Drastic was on PC though. Kinda sad having to use an Android emulator to enjoy DS emulation.
>>
>>172623162
Whats wrong with desmume?
>>
>>172625596
Whats right with it?
>>
>>172625641
I don't know what I'm looking at.
>>
>>172625798
You are looking at the trash emulator that Desmume is
>>
File: 1389500737321.jpg (544KB, 1954x828px) Image search: [Google]
1389500737321.jpg
544KB, 1954x828px
>>172625641
Alignment issues even when integer scaled? I mean it's ugly, sure, but it doesn't look like it's actually broken.
When I first tried emulating Strange Journey, the map on the bottom was entirely fucked. It was impossible to tell what was unlocked, visited, blocked, there in the first place, or even some of the walls. Don't even remember what emulator it was.
Point is, it's not that bad.

Though I personally don't like the game due to its awkward interface. Pic related, though not mine.
>>
>>172590797
Not making a reddit account just for that but iirc the most demanding things CPU wise in PCSX2 are:

>Ace Combat 4 intro in SW mode (55fps on 4790k with all 4 core w/ HT @ 4.2)
>Ace Combat 4 watching the X-02 in the hangar in SW (40fps at the lowest )
>Armored Core 3 intro level on OGL HW with depth emulation on (50fps while staying on the starting point, seems purely CPU limited)
>Jak 2&3 (don't remember the details but they always dip when smoke effects are onscreen regardless of renderer)
>Ratchet & Clank 2 1st skybridge area in intro level (around 50fps)
>Ratchet and Clank 3 1st freefall area (45fps or something close)
>Z.O.E 2 1st ardjet fight both HW and SW (HW is pretty much 60fps with dips but CPU limited only while SW dips as low as 30 at times)

>>172599751
Except the part where it's not using the 2 CCX based µarch so it's automatically faster on windows systems.
>>
>>172573956
>intentionally making so that the wifi doesn't work is not sabotage
>>
>>172626292
>Point is, it's not that bad.
Oh fuck off desmeme apologist
Drastic doesn't have that problem despite running on toasters
Also not pictured, fucked up text with a warping font on the fucking software renderer.
>>
>>172626292
Did someone who actually played the game made that image or is it just FUD meant for people who haven't played Strange Journey?
>>
>>172626565
It's from someone on /smtg/ like 2-3 years ago. I just agree that it is bad design, having played it.
Covering up your entire primary action display for menus when you have two screens, especially when one is touchscreen, is just plain silly.
>>
>>172626714
>opens up a skill menu
>"gee why is the screen covered in menus I opened"
How the fuck can someone who has played SMT believe that showing moon phases, auto attack toggle and a button to check buffs/debuffs is bad design?
That image is made by a retard
>>
>>172626894
The question is why THAT screen is covered by menus. Just like in >>172625641, even the base menu hides one sprite.
Moon phases aren't exactly necessary to be displayed at all times. It's nice, but could be done elsewhere.
Button displays would make more sense on the bottom screen closer to the buttons, with matching touch functions.

The specifics of the image sucks. But it is quite clunky and crammed regardless.
I'm happy that SMT4 got such a revamp comparatively.
>>
>>172627256
>The question is why THAT screen is covered by menus
Its not you fucking tard
They are literally 4 items on the left side of the screen
I feel like you have neither used a DS or actually played Strange Journey.
>>
>>172627256
sounds more like you are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill to defend your shitty image
>>
>>172629050
That 'literally' is minimum. It's not good.
The game's interface, much like DeSmuME, is badly designed, but certainly usable.
I was just trying to draw a parallel there comparing the two but badly failed in doing so.
>>
>>172609502
http://imgur.com/a/I08wl

>>172615875
I don't think so, he is like only 0.05 Mudlord crazy. Significant below emudev average craziness.
>>
>>172629956
>mudlord is still autistic

Gee, who would've guessed?
>>
>>172629956
Oh come on he is right about it. Fucking autists ruin everything.

>Oh that pixel in the background in a scene you see for 0.5 seconds was off
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WORSE DEVS EVA
Hell yea i would have utter contempt for people like that.
>>
>>172631126
>asking for accuracy is autism
Nice meme faggot
>>
>>172631126
Here we see a hyperbolic statement, and not a good one either.
People often refer to this as the "I don't have an argument but you made me mad" defense.
>>
>>172631564
It's not hyperbole if its true. You know there are autstic faggots who complain about this shit.

I am certain you are one of them why else would you get butthurt at my comment otherwise.

Shit is embarrassing to see why you sperg out about a fucking menu for fuck sake. Not even a big part of the game play at all. I am certain to bet that most of you would not even notice it changed unless some autist told you it did.
>>
>>172631776
>autstic faggots
>butthurt
>sperg out
>autist
Five buzzwords and zero arguments.
>>
>>172631872
>thinks he is being smart
>knows he is getting btfo
Try again
>>
>>172631776
This isn't an argument.
What are you trying to convey?
>>
>rebind & texture mod GC tony hawk games to use PS2 controls because ps2 emulation of them is not ideal
Call the cops I don't give a FUCK
>>
>>172632659
>texture mod
No you didn't.
>>
Is monster rancher playable on emulator? Can real discs be read or just isos?
>>
>>172632798
dolphin texture replacement is fuckin easy bruh
>>
>>172631776
I am sorry it came off as aggressive or even emotionally charged in any way. That was not intended at all.
The interface is simply sub-optimal, much like DeSmuME's rendering is sub-optimal.
They both fit a niche sense of scale that doesn't matter, where people will both hate it and still use it, because it works enough to experience the content in an acceptable state.

Just musing, not complaining or begging for solutions. The game's content is fun enough to trudge through these layers of unease.
>>
>>172632659
How do they compare to the pc ported games?
>>
Once you get past the novelty factor is there a point in DS /emugen/ if you're already /hbg/?
>>
>>172634113
a point in what
>>
>>172634113
There is a point in abstraction.
You can run games at much, much faster speeds, change aspects of them such as resolution or content, cheat the hell out of everything, etc.

If you just want the games themselves presented as is with no modification whatsoever, real hardware is ideal. Pirated or otherwise.
>>
>>172556206
Who's that on the left?
>>
>>172633575
Considering getting the PC ports to run is a fucking crapshoot for me, pretty well.

I've had some loading issues but I think that's due to upping native res.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/62kx1n/psp_emulator_ppsspp_v14_released/

Libretro update when?
>>
>>172635727
Never ev- I mean, donate to out Patreon good goym!
>>
>>172634890
Me on the left.
>>
>>172632659
>ps2 emulation of them is not ideal
All tony hawk games run better on PCSX2 than Dolphin
>>
>>172635727
I think Zarklord39's comment on the plebbit page answers your question well enough.
>>
>>172636168
oh my!
>>
>>172638152
Nice try zarklord
>>
>>172638682
heh
>>
>>172638152
Thanks just downvoted you :)
>>
>ledditpocalipse
16:00 <@Twinaphex> also hunterk
16:00 <@Twinaphex> I have to say this
16:00 <@Twinaphex> you need to step it up a bit in terms of self advertisement
16:00 <@Twinaphex> of libretro and retroarch
16:00 <@Twinaphex> I mean I specifically withdrew from stuff like reddit and left it in you guys hands
16:01 <@Twinaphex> but if the stuff is simply not being posted well enough and without enough exposure
16:01 <@Twinaphex> I might have to take it over again
16:10 <@Twinaphex> but yeah hunterk
16:10 <@Twinaphex> you need to really start stepping it up a notch
16:10 <@Twinaphex> this is not good enough
16:10 <@Twinaphex> to be brutally frank
16:10 <@Twinaphex> if you can't do this I will likely have to start doing it myself
>>
>>172638896
Good, he had it coming.
>>
File: 226.jpg (61KB, 687x720px) Image search: [Google]
226.jpg
61KB, 687x720px
>>172638896
r-rude!
>>
>>172638939
>16:10 <@Twinaphex> if you can't do this I will likely have to start doing it myself
Man I can't wait
>>
>check to see if you can scale the output of a 3d game using wine.
>"a feature like this is heavily opposed by wine developers"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>172639238
What did you expect?
WINdowsEmulator is not an emulator after all :)
>>
File: palettes.png (95KB, 1280x778px) Image search: [Google]
palettes.png
95KB, 1280x778px
Reminder to not use bad palettes like YUV or FBX.
>>
>>172639353
>purple
>>
>>172639238
>he fell for the gaming on ganoo/loonix meme
>>
File: file.png (232KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
232KB, 620x400px
>>172638939
Why is SP acting like he's HK's boss?
He's not paying him, HK isn't getting anything out of this, and SP still feels the need to treat him like an employee.

I mean really, this looks like the script to an employee evaluation. Right down to the "you're not doing enough for the company" criticism and the "what do I pay you for?" tone.
Like he expected HK reply with "Sorry about that, sir. I'll pick up the pace just please don't fire me."

The nerve of this fucking guy.
You're talking to a peer, not a peon. Learn to interact with people, you condescending prick.
>>
>>172639238
>heavily opposed
For what purpose? That's a completely reasonable feature request.
>>
>>172639353
I tend to use the Consumer, PAL, or more recently Wavebeam palettes myself.

They look so good on a CRT monitor, but Consumer is the only one of those three that I'd consider truly general purpose.
There are certain games, including the Mega Man games, that just look off with PAL or Wavebeam.
>>
>>172639806

What's wrong with mega man?

https://youtu.be/P7hkixx1uYI?t=4m42s
>>
>>172639696
They think it is up to the video driver to handle it if you want such a thing.
To them if you want to run something in 640x480 and have it full screen then you should change you screen resolution to 640x480 regardless if they have a virtual desktop feature.
>>
>>172639591

Get over your poor little feelings.

It's about being effective and it's aboutg whether stuff is being done or not.

This is how Dutch communicate; to the point and no-nonsense. Can't handle it? Your fucking problem. Nobody has to cater to little American butthurt snowflakes.
>>
>>172640074
It's definitely not a bad palette for the game, but I definitely prefer the deeper reds present in the Consumer palette to the slightly pinkish hues represented by the other two (keep in mind that this is viewed through a TV-Out shader).

I will admit that Wavebeam looks phenomenal on Gyro Man's stage in Mega Man 5.
>>
>>172640318
You're not even trying anymore. Just bring the trip back.
>>
>>172640321

What are your thoughts on the Rockman 9-10 Palettes? That's capcom's official palttes for those games.
>>
>>172640432

Nobody owes you jack shit. Get over yourself.
>>
File: nextweek.png (134KB, 932x926px) Image search: [Google]
nextweek.png
134KB, 932x926px
>>172640589
Next week?*
>>
>>172639591
>Learn to interact with people
Says the person who stalks people on IRC waiting for them to trip up and say something that can be taken out of context.

At least get rid of the fake superiority act like you are doing a public service. I don't fucking like SP more then you but i don't fucking stalk the bastard.
>>
>>172639591
Patreon bucks are important to SP. Without constant advertising on twitter/youtube/reddit there will be no growth of them.
SP plans to sell emulation hardware, this means proper business, proper advertising, proper shilling everywhere. Maybe hunterk will get some stock options?
>>
>>172640469
To be honest, I haven't tested those out yet.
I did really like the colors in those games, so I imagine they're really nice on a CRT. But I'm put off by the presence of the second palette with an altered cyan value.
It leaves me with a feeling of indecisiveness, although that doesn't really have anything to do with the palettes themselves.

>>172640589
What are you talking about?
Stop talking to your peers like you own them.
>>
>>172640817
>Says the person who stalks people on IRC
If I was stalking you on IRC, I wouldn't be responding to a post about it on 4chan.
Sorry to tell you this, mostly because others already have, but 4chan isn't one person.
>>
>>172640986
Bet it was you who vandalized the fucking wiki as well. Nobody cares about your fucking hurt feelings. Take it up with him in fucking IRC instead of sperging out in the wiki.
>>
>>172640267
To me this is unacceptable. One it looks like aids and two a lot of monitors don't even respect aspect ratio.
A lot of old PC vidya do have hacks to make them run at higher resolutions but I'm finding more and more this can make them break in subtle ways or shit the bed completely when pushed up to 4k. At this point I think it would be good to run them at the resolution they are intended for and scale them at the 3D API level (wine3d/w.e.). Such a feature would even be good on Windows itself.
>>
>>172641154
>Bet it was you who vandalized the fucking wiki as well
No that was me
I did it to falseflag for SP
>>
>>172641154
I love how you can tell it's SP by the fact that he so obviously doesn't even read the post he replies to. He just sees a (You) and legitimately believes he's responding to his "arch nemesis", the single entity on 4chan who ever criticizes him.
>>
Does anyone know a way to set up 4 player online arcade emulated games? I know fightcade doesn't support it, I heard something about some chinese platform that had it but everything is in chinese and I don't remember what it was called or how to set it up.
>>
>>172641445

> Delusion
> What is it
>>
>>172641445
I wish i was then i would take all that money. Just to spite you all. I would become the monster you say he is.
All $800. Would buy more than a ps4 and a tv. Would go on a trip to Spain or some place. Any recommendations?

Real talk
I just want you to contain your autism and sperging out. Go to lolcow to make your shit raid threads.
>>
>>172641620
You're just proving my point.
>>
>>172631126
Why are you even in this general?
>>
>>172641445
>makes up charges of fraud
>says its about criticism
Somehow i am not inclined to believe that you are so pure about your intent.
>>172642064
Because i can gonna stop me?
>>
>>172642208
>>makes up charges of fraud
Except I never did that.
There you go again, you've got it so ingrained in your head that no one can possibly criticize you, that everyone who does is the same person.

Get help.
>>
>>172642403
>i am not one person lol we r legunz
Not gonna work buddy
>>
>>172642473
This is sad.
>>
>>172642473
(You)
>>
>retrocucks shitting up the thread
>again
>>
RAAA RAAA i am SP i will take all your moniez and not give your PPSSPP core.
>>
What is the best way to emulate Spider-Man 2?
PS2 or Gamecube?
>>
>>172642865
RetroArch haters are ALWAYS the ones who start shit, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>172643059
Depends.
The PS2 version is graphically superior (strangely), and PCSX2 runs it better in software mode than Dolphin runs the GameCube version in software mode.
But if you're going to be playing at an increased resolution, Dolphin wipes the floor with PCSX2.
>>
>>172568735
You don't need a TV to play Wii U
>>
>>172643201
>RetroArch users are ALWAYS the ones who start shit, don't kid yourself.

ftfy
>>
When is someone going to stop Patreon? It ruined porn, games, emulating games, and porn games.
>>
>>172643059
You should look at the Dolphin and PCSX2 wiki entries for Spiderman 2 specifically to see which supports it better. Generally speaking, you'll want to opt for Dolphin when playing multiplats.

The Xbox version is loads better though if you own a HUEG.
>>
>>172643387
>RetroArch haters are always the ones who vandalize the wiki
ftfy
>>
>>172643389
Patreon's fine, it's just the way some people go about using it.
>>
>>172643389
>be commie
>see people getting paid for work they do
>gets triggered
>hey guys lets destroy it
Typical commie
>>
>>172643443
Spider-Man 2 supposedly works on 360, and ebay prices arent too crazy, I might try that if emulation dissapoints me
>>
Could a retroarch user please explain to me the appeal of retroarch? I dont know why I should use it over multiple specific alternatives
>>
>>172643387
RetroArch users don't shit up the thread with IRC garbage
>>
>>172639591
Simple cynicism. People are only useful or not, that's just how he thinks.
There are a million different potential psychological reasons for it. None of which are actually worth delving into without being paid for it.
>>
>>172644108
None of us even use it. We just like bitching about its developer for lols and drama.
>>
>>172644108
Normalfags who can't into Mednafen's lack of GUI

But seriously, for me it's more about having a universal shader for all my emulators and full controller support in menus. I still use certain things standalone, such as PPSSPP and Mednafen's PC-Engine because it's more accurate than the PC-Fast core.
>>
>>172644108
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/RetroArch#Features
>>
>>172640798
Henrik's face is cute in a way. He looks like a leader willing to tolerate some bullshit.
>>
>>172644108
>multiple specific alternatives
That's mostly my reason to use it.
Some people say something about A/V being better synchronized but I've never noticed anything regarding this (it's probably somewhere in the μs area).
And I like RGUI.
Only standalone emulators I use are the ones that don't have a libretro core.
>>
>>172644108
Sync and latency are all I give a damn about in the matter. It essentially eliminates stutter.
There's also something convenient about working with the same interface for every system.
I'll gladly use other software if there's a notable benefit in doing so though.
>>
Anybody know a fix for Harry Potter Sorcerers Stone/Chamber of Secrets/Prisoner of Azkaban on PCSX2? They freeze when I try to start the game after main menu
>>
>>172646764
Did you try a dev build?
>>
Is there an estimation of the recommended system requirements for Cemu and RPCS3 at a very high performance? I'm planning on building a new rig, so I wanted to take it into account.
>>
>>172647079

No current CPU will be able to handle those systems with a high accuracy emulator. Right now they're both hackjob emus with little compatability and a ton of shortcuts.
>>
>>172647178
That's kinda why I asked for an estimation, when the emulator is mostly done, it will be working on a higher performance on an average PC compared to now, right?
>>
>>172647038
I don't know how
>>
>>172647079
Nobody could give you them requirements.
But if i had to speculate my skylake I7 would be my own personal benchmark.
Like this guy>>172647178
said it will be a while before we can even give This information with concrete benchmarks.
>>
>>172647543
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pcsx2+dev+builds
>>
Looks like emugen.txt needs more updates
>>
>>172643059
The PS2 version has more building in the map but PCSX2 doesn't run it properly in hardware mode

>>172643335
>than Dolphin runs the GameCube version in software mode
That comparision image was for Dolphin's HLE renderer. Someone getting 100% speed in Dolphin's software renderer would be impressive.
>>
>>172647609
At least could I get a speculation on the RAM needed? It's what's troubling me the most.
>>
>>172646764
Why not play the gamecube version?

or the PC one which is infinitely better.
>>
>>172647079
get an i7 7700k
While RPCS3 supports multiple cores, it isn't gimped by lack of them.
>>
>>172648463
When has RAM ever been particularly important for gaming or emulation?
>>
>>172648463
I would say 16gb to 32gb there is a lot of cheep 16gb DDR4 kits around now.
>>
>>172648463
8 gigs should be enough but more is always better.
>>
>>172648484
PS2 has more exploration
>>
Any of the Citra speedhacks legit? Honestly, I'd be happy if playing an ingame video didn't make it shit itself on my laptop
>>
>>172647507
>when the emulator is mostly done
... modern hardware will be completely out of date and you'll probably already be looking for a new PC.
>>
The 1.1.1 update for BOTW can be used on CEMU right?
What if Nintendo doesnt patch performance anymore to make things more difficult for emulating?
>>
>>172639353
Reminder that NES Classic's official palette looks close to FBX's Composite Direct.

It's canon, deal with it.
>>
>>172652857
>palette
>entirely based on the NTSC decoder that your particular set used, which varied quite a bit from make and model
>entirely personal preference today
>canon

Yeah, okay friendo.
>>
leddit is leaking https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/62kx1n/psp_emulator_ppsspp_v14_released/dfnhlx9/
>>
>>172653136
>palette used by an officially sanctioned emulation device
>not canon
>>
>>172653136
When will retronerds colelcting ten different TVs for the different palettes take off like it did for memechanical switches? I need to sell some old panasonics
>>
>>172653598
>>palette used by an officially sanctioned emulation device
>using nintendo emulation as any kind of standard
>>
>>172653598
So is the Wii VC palette canon too? What about the 3DS VC palette?
>>
>>172653598
Look, it's okay that you don't know why NES palettes vary. Don't be too hard on yourself.

The Wii Virtual Console, the 3DS Virtual Console, and the Mega Man 9 and 10 palettes are all different, despite being official palettes.
>>
>>172653972
>software emulation is the same as a recreation of the original hardware
>>
>>software emulation is the same as a recreation of the original hardware
What did he mean by this
>>
>>172654040
The NES Classic is nowhere near the original hardware, are you retarded?
It's a single ARM board with an emulator and several roms flashed to the NAND chip.
>>
>>172654197
>single ARM board with an emulator and several roms flashed to the NAND chip
people went into a frenzy over this?
>>
>>172654604
Nintendo fanboys are autistic.
>>
File: large.jpg (6KB, 126x110px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
6KB, 126x110px
>>172654923
All of them?
>>
>>172570860
There actually are hacks in it to fix HG/SS issues. All this anti DeSmuME posting is just that butthurt faggot staplebutthead.
>>
>>172659404
>All this anti DeSmuME posting is just that butthurt faggot staplebutthead
new scapegoat discovered
>>
File: 1463265924711.jpg (125KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1463265924711.jpg
125KB, 706x706px
quick question, my system is homebrewed and it wants to do the Nintendo update (3DS), i can decline it sure, but is it safe to update? or can i just update luma first?
>>
>>172660304
wrong thread buddy
>>
>>172573956
The thing is, no one expects per-game hacks to be added. People just wanted the bugs fixed, preferably through accuracy improvement.

Zeromus went out of his way to remove all WiFi functionality from the emulator because Pokemon games are some of the most popular games on the DS that even use it. So most bug reports came from Pokemon games.

Not only that, but any bug report submitted involving problems with a Pokemon game were either ignored or flat out removed from the list.
Quite a lot of problems in other games could have been fixed as a result of working on those bugs, as referenced by the fact that many of those problems were fixed as a result of fixing them in other games. He opted to put off global fixes and overall accuracy increases just to spite people who reported problems noticed in Pokemon games.
In fact, I'd imagine fixing some of more common bugs in Pokemon games still present would result in a HUGE improvements for other games across the whole library. But those bug reports will never be read.

Not that it matters now. He'll be piggy-backing off of StapleButter's code to unbreak what he's broken.
>>
>>172660493
I have never seen somebody so triggered by pokemon of all things. It's fucking comical. I don't even care about DS emulation but this shit is depressing.

Yea pokemon fans get a bit annoying deal with it.
Just comes with the territory.
>>
>>172660493
>remove all WiFi functionality from the emulator because Pokemon games
Wrong, sweetie. He disabled it, not removed it. And it was because it was buggy, not because of Pokemon. They don't know how Nintendo's servers are set up. Bad requests could have crashed them or something, so it's better to just disable the code.
>>
>>172660795
its just a convenient excuse for him to mask his incompetence.
the truth is zeromus knows fuck all and has repulsed any contributors from his branch of the emulator because of his autism.
he is so fucking incompetent that when he "borrowed" uprezzing code from x432 he couldn't implement the UI modifications to allow more screen configurations. he can't even copy paste shit right.
>>
>>172660493
>He opted to put off global fixes and overall accuracy increases just to spite people who reported problems noticed in Pokemon games.
https://github.com/TASVideos/desmume/blob/master/desmume/src/NDSSystem.cpp#L3074
>>
>>172661125
>"borrowed" uprezzing code from x432
Don't spread lies.
>>
>>172661276
>>172661452
hello zeromus
>>
>>172661452
so the uprezzing code in Desmume is entirely original?
No wonder its such a shitshow
>>
>>172661125
Fuck man why can't emulator devs just do there fucking project without injecting
>autism
>politics
>there fucking pet dogs and cats
>their kitchen sink
>their life
in to the fucking thing.
Only thing people care about is playing the fucking games for that emulator.
>>
>>172660795
Yeah, of course they do. The Pokemon fanbase is pretty cancerous. Have you ever been to one of those forums? Hell, even /vp/ is a cesspit.
But to intentionally ignore bug reports for your software, potentially (and as Zeromus has shown, actually) providing a lesser experience for all other users as a result. It's foolish.

>>172661058
Except, ya know, it functioned.
Mario Kart DS was a game that worked surprisingly well over DeSmuME's WiFi.

>>172661276
That's a per-game hack that affects Pokemon games, but also several other games.
It used to be called "pokehax" in the code and was disabled by default until it was found to be relevant in other games. That's when he renamed it and enabled it.
>>
>>172661706
>Fuck man why can't emulator devs just do there fucking project
Many do.
>>
>>172662202
>Except, ya know, it functioned.
Most games didn't work with it, though. They may have been sending out malformed requests, and you can't know how Nintendo's servers would respond to them. It's just unsafe and stupid to do.

>>172662202
>It used to be called "pokehax" in the code and was disabled by default until it was found to be relevant in other games. That's when he renamed it and enabled it.
No, it was renamed because there are other games that get per-game hacks applied to them, too. They only apply to specific games, not all.
>>
>>172662591
>Most games didn't work with it, though
Most games didn't work with the emulator when it first came around. Should've stopped back then.
>>
>>172623162
>Is this guy for real? Geez why are people so biased. I guess because zeromus is on good terms, RA devs and their associates seem to overlook every bad thing zeromus does/did apparently.

zeromusware is the best

to prove it's the best let's attack every single other emulator and make them look bad

bugs are accuracy
working stuff are bugs
implemented stuff are hacks

you're gonna have that extra accurate black screen when booting dsi stuff and you'll like it

zeromus-sama, embrace us with your warm pitch black accuracy forever,

and protect us from new emulators with high resolution jaggies hurting our eyes, and multiplayer hurting our autism

rejecting working under the blessing of your divine spaghetti source code and writing their own forsaken new emulators outside your sphere of inflence - the damned enemies of truth and emulation
>>
>>172665216
autism: the post
>>
What is the Dark Souls of emulation?
>>
>>172670293
pokemon snap
>>
https://github.com/TASVideos/desmume/issues/14
>>
https://github.com/TASVideos/desmume/issues/17
>>
>>172673216
>>172673350
holy fuck
I hope melonDS gits gud so nobody has to use that piece of shit anymore
>>
>>172670293
Do you mean something that's a nightmare to get working?
>>
Is it possible to put emulators on your Wii from USB? My system has Homebrew Channel on it, but I don't have an SD card.
>>
>>172673216
>you're not agreeing with my incorrect assumptions, so your issue is closed and I'm not revisiting it

This is legitimately funny.
>>
>>172673350
>I was teaching you how to improve your analytical methods. Bug reports from people unwilling to improve their analytical methods are tiresome.
While I also know the tribulations of responding to issues on GitHub, there's no value in trying to educate every single user who isn't up par.

Provide a submission template, or dig deep (maybe over a short back and forth) to understand what they're saying.
You may think you're saving effort in the long run, until you have to "educate" the next person, every time.

At least that's my experience. Granted, I've had the luxury of avoiding the vaguest issues known to man.
>>
>>172673950
Also, in standing on your soapbox about how you're trying to help them by improving their issue reporting skillz you could have had said back and forth and reached a conclusion in the same time.

Desmume just does not work, and I don't know why.
>>
>>172673216
> Someone on reddit hacked GPL sources and posted a binary without sources.

desmume is perfection incarnate.
anyone dissing desmume is an enemy of open source and emulation future

the all-wise zeromus-sama quickly exposed their devious scheme to undermine GPL

I can't wait till he accuses the accursed drastic and the melonDS anti-christ of stealing his GPL code, thus ridding earth of those enemies of open source

zeromus-sama please teach all those meanies manners, how dare they diss perfection

embrace us with your wrathful love as you break things and refuse bug fixes to show them

>>172665826

do you DARE reject the word of our lord and savior of emulation zeromus-sama

HEATHEN
>>
>>172674139
>Desmume just does not work, and I don't know why.
>I'll just warn you now, I don't know how to use a computer.
>>
>>172638939
> this is not good enough

Lol, does he really believe his way of dealing with reddit users was good for retroarch popularity?

This guy is literally insane.

I hope hunterk and the other 'coworkers' had the balls to tell him to fuck off
>>
>>172674305
Except melonDS is open source.
Zeromus himself acknowledged that he plans to "borrow" code from it when it fixes issues he can't be bothered to look into.
>>
>>172674519
But he might fire them. Then they won't continue to not receive payment for working on his API that he didn't make.
>>
>>172674545
meanwhile in the source
>//fuck off zeromus, desmume is finished
all over the place
>>
>>172674736
>meanwhile
I don't understand how that contests my post.
>>
Alright boys, hows your circlejerk going? Enjoying tonguing sp's leathery bell end?
>>
Can't wait until Staplebutter becomes that which he hates when all the retard end users start complaining about every little thing in his emulator.
>>
https://github.com/TASVideos/BizHawk/issues/690
>>
>>172674942
Ah you mist be the autist who edited the wiki.
>>
https://github.com/TASVideos/BizHawk/issues/784

Guess who has been hiding out in BizHawk's github
>>
File: PPSSPP1.4_ghost_of_sparta.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
PPSSPP1.4_ghost_of_sparta.webm
3MB, 960x540px
Just tried the new PPSSPP 1.4 and there is no way I can get rid of this micro stutter / frametime issues.

Pretty sure I didn't have them on my PSP.
>>
>>172674924
Maybe if you stopped treating everything/everyone as hostile.

I'm no the person you replied to. It wasn't my intention to contest anything.
>>
>>172638939
Post entire logs for context instead of this cherrypicked crap you dumb cunt
>>
>>172675446
Not sure why I read it that way.
>>
>>172675154
Shut up. We know you are the one who did it.
>>
File: 1287474245365.jpg (13KB, 251x189px) Image search: [Google]
1287474245365.jpg
13KB, 251x189px
>>172674736
if this is true: fucking LOL.
>>
>>172675446
Yes it was. Trolls like you love coming in here and causing shit. Fuck off SP.
>>
>>172675619
Na i bet it was you.
>>
>>172674545

melonDS is the anti-christ of DS emulation, thus said retroarch's wise people.

desmume bears the cross of the open source cause

and all those hyenas competing with desmume like nocashgba and drastic are trying to lead astray the masses from its noble cause to the fiery pits of the closed source inferno

it's a sacred duty to everyone to defend desmume as that means defending open source

yet comes staplebutter, that Judas who for so long contributed to desmume and tried to stain it with the sinful temptations of wifi if not for the watchful eye of zeromus-sama,

who now betrayed it and is joining their ranks waging their war on desmume.

melonDS is fooling no one. its skin-thin envelope barely hides its reddish devilish interior true nature, as the trans-closed source emulator it is

> Zeromus himself acknowledged that he plans to "borrow" code from it

do thy imply zeromus-sama steals code or findings from other emulators?

PREPOSTEROUS

all emulators steal from zeromusware
for it was the Original Emulator
it's a circle of stealing

when his holyness takes from other emulators, he's just copying his own code because everything in all emulators closed or not is his and by him

He's only refraining from clobbering them with his Odin GPL hammer because of his infinite mercy only matched by his autism and ego, and for inferior competitors make his greatness shine even more
>>
>>172675528
Yes, we want the part where hunterk tells SP to fuck off and SP turns mad saying he will leave everyone to make his own business.
>>
>>172675951

Where do you get this from that the retroarch people are opposed to melonds?

radius singlehandedly made a day-one libretro core port of it. And has been trying to push it to upstream.

Nobody is the biggest fan of zeromus honestly. He isn't even his own biggest fan.
>>
>>172675215

Pays to have an outdated core eh? Trolololol dumb 4ch fags always begging for 'muh latest up-to-date upstream'.
>>
>>172638939
He's not wrong tbqh, the RealLibretro account hasn't made any posts for two months...
>>
>>172665216
>you're gonna have that extra accurate black screen when booting dsi stuff and you'll like it
DeSmuME doesn't emulate the DSi, what did you expect would happen? What would even cause someone to write up all these posts you're making? You need some serious help, dude.
>>
>>172676417
posting under an alias, FakeLibretro
>>
Hey guys, Daniel here. Just want to say that I am in fact pocketing every cent from the Patreon, and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>172676417
>He's not wrong

Since when RA needs 'self-promotion' on reddit? It's not even about helping RA users by providing them support but avertising your 'product' to get more patreon money.
>>
>>172677463
Everyone else does it, so why not RA too?
>>
>>172677149
get back to work danny
>>
File: 1489798413435.jpg (100KB, 769x789px) Image search: [Google]
1489798413435.jpg
100KB, 769x789px
>>172677149
>>
Are these threads always shitposting festivals now? I don't remember it being this bad 3 years ago.
>>
File: Enjoy your Stay.jpg (738KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Enjoy your Stay.jpg
738KB, 960x1280px
>>172677894
>I don't remember it being this bad 3 years ago.
>>
>>172678075
Why is 75% of that image dedicated to mocking Rachel for being transgender? This is why she killed herself.

inb4 >she and/or >herself
>>
>>172678075
Rachel was pretty cool most of the time, compiled dolphin builds with a special fix for intel integrated poorfags here for a while.
>>
>>172677612
Because SP previously spoke out against it.
And if he's so adamant about it getting done, he should do it himself. Clearly he can just fire his peers.
>>
>>172677149
>tfw sp changed the name but not the tripcode
>>
>>172677894
Emugen was last good in early 2013, 4 years ago. That was before emugen and SP discovered each other and dev drama circlejerking started happening
>>
>>172677612
If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you too?
>>
>>172676006
No response from hunterk about this. I guess he doesn't want to make any problems.
>>
>>172678569
Where did he speak out against it? Keep in mind not everyone obsessively stalks him and remembers everything he says.
>>
>>172678821
I would imagine he's trying not to blow up on SP.
Didn't Alcaro leave because SP allegedly treated him and everyone else like employees?
>>
23:43 <@Twinaphex> vurpo - most emulators would not survive a proper code audit
23:44 <@Twinaphex> even the official ones are 'rip offs' in the sense that they use Nintendo/Sony code wholesale
23:44 <@Twinaphex> exactly 1% of them are clean room
23:44 <@Twinaphex> and even that is pushing it
>>
>>172679047
>Didn't Alcaro leave because SP allegedly treated him and everyone else like employees?

No that was over some disagreements they had about code
>>
>>172678371
He killed himself because of arthritis and RA.
>>
>>172678821
Probably because he's not posting on the public channel. Twinaphex is dumb for posting anything on the public channel that has embedded 4chan trolls recording everything.
>>
>>172679065
> in the sense that they use Nintendo/Sony code wholesale
Isn't that something that's impossible by nature, I mean to use code from any official source that would mean they have a working emulator somewhere which I would assume they don't need.
>>
>>172679305
>He killed himself because of arthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis

???
>>
File: iris_logo[1].gif (13KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
iris_logo[1].gif
13KB, 300x256px
>>172679443
Well, Nintendo has made emulators for developers in the past, but they weren't very good.

>>172679574
RetroArch, you dummy.
>>
>>172679443
SP is reading us, wait few minutes, he will give you links to those working emulators, you will do ctrl-c, ctrl-v, start patreon, and be rich in a hour.
>>
>>172679574
I meant fibromyalgia RA.
>>
>>172679671
>He killed himself because of RetroArch

But that makes no sense.
>>
>>172679959
It's a funny joak
>>
>>172679959
no. it does. think about it.
>>
Looks like one of the mods is a bearded bloke in a dress
>>
>>172678804
Yes, because who wants to be the only person left?
>>
What happened to DCEmul?
>>
>>172682324
Ded
>>
File: Daily mail headline.png (813KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Daily mail headline.png
813KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>you need bios from a DS to run MelonDS

And into the trash it goes. What a waste of my fucking time.
>>
>>172685018
>he can't find a bios online

Took me 3 minutes.
>>
Is MAMEUI64 0.184's GUI really fucking slow for anyone else? I'm getting the feeling I might be alone on this but I have absolutely no idea what the cause could be. Not even the first issue I've gotten with recent releases either. 0.182 worked perfectly fine, but then 0.183 wouldn't even launch.
>>
>>172685313
Why should I need to? Isn't this thing supposed to be better than Desmume, which doesn't need Bios?
>>
>>172685848
So don't use it.
>>
>>172682324

It's gone the way of dodo.
>>
>>172685927
not an argument
>>
>>172631126
Pretty much, the majority these days expect things served on a platinum platter, because gold ain't good or accurate enough.

Happened with the cemu stuff, did one thing and now all I get is people begging for more.
>>
>>172685927
Why design it to need Bios in the first place? What purpose does it serve other than to inconvenience people?
>>
>>172686224

fuck you
>>
>>172686306
Because it's easier to use existing functions than to write them yourself (which will definitely be worse than the already established ones).
>>
>>172686518
Then why is PCSX2 so much worse than Dolphin despite using Bios?
>>
>>172686791
There are so many more factors at play.
>>
>>172686224
Why do you even come here? Go back to your irc channel.
>>
>>172675215
Have you tried changing the setting that specifically mentions God of War?
>>
>>172686306
give it time man its literally a proof of concept release.

if you told me this around melonds .if it continues i'd agree but now it just seems pointless, he very could well be adding the option to play without the bios in later versions
>>
File: faggot.jpg (21KB, 700x88px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
21KB, 700x88px
>le reddit
what a joke
>>
>>172690452
tell me honestly and sincerely that you aren't just a little bit tired of the constant shitposting around here.
>>
>>172691228
Nope
>>
>>172687593
So I am not allowed here yet you are allowed there, and then shitpost back irclogs to here?

>>172686345
>>172685018

No, fuck you. There is zero chance anything can happen around here.
>>
>>172694760
>yet you are allowed there
I don't go there.
>>
>>172686791

cause the ps2 isn't a gamecube you retard
>>
What games run decently on RPCS3? I'm running a 6600k and 970gtx. Can anyone also tell me why I still get performance issues on pcsx2 even though I have a decent rig?
>>
>>172697932
>why I still get performance issues on pcsx2 even though I have a decent rig?

Because the PS2 has highly exotic hardware. Nearly everything works differently to some degree and the overall architecture is completely custom. In order to take good advantage of the system, you had to shuffle data around the system all the time, for example, sometimes hundreds or thousands of texture uploads or "draw calls" per frame. If it weren't for the "hacks" like the maligned texture cache, the vast majority of PS2 games wouldn't be playable at all.
>>
>>172673216
>And for what it's worth, most drivers can't vsync ddraw now.
I honestly doubt he knows what he is talking about.. That #blame_drivers meme has gotten old..
>>
>>172698883
So you know more about the devs own software then they do themselves?
>>
>>172699649
Looking at the DeSmuME code, it's not out of the question.
>>
>>172699649
>o you know more about the devs own software then they do themselves?
Devs who jump to conclusions and blame drivers, are amateurs.
>>
>>172700260
Does that apply to anything, even OpenGL drivers?
>>
>>172700260
>are amateurs
Every emudev (or dev in general) is an amateur if he doesn't earn money with it.
That's literally the definition of an amateur.
>>
>>172700571
And all amateurs are bullshit, especially if they don't do things exactly your way. We get it.
>>
Building a Dolphin PC for $850. Thoughts?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Kxg79W
>>
>>172702078
GPU? And don't buy Windows.
>>
>>172702078
You can buy a used Wii for like $20.
>>
>>172702078
>wifi adapter
>no graphics card
>buying windows
seems pretty overkill if you're just trying to play dolphin. My brothers $300 laptop plays Brawl at 55-60fps with 8 ICs on Norfair.
>>
>>172702296
>GPU?
I plan on buying a 1050ti or similar if I decide to bump up the IR down the road. As long as the iGPU is capable of running games well at Native res than that's cool.
>>172702383
Other consoles too, senpai.
>>
>buy windows
>10
>>
>>172702621
Brawl isn't a very demanding game if I recall. Might need better hardware for other games.
>>
>>172675215
There's literally an option that's ticked by default that speeds up God of War. Did you untick that option?
>>
why is Saturn emulation such a mess?
>>
>>172717510
lack of documentation, dev interest, dev intimidation
>>
>>172718007
>dev intimidation
what do you mean by that

SEGA threatened emu devs?
>>
>>172686791
>Then why is PCSX2 so much worse than Dolphin
In what way?
>>
What's the best N64 emulator to use these days, planning to try to play BK1 and 2, I'd like to try DK64, but I've heard that doesn't emulate well.
>>
Yes I have a problem, when I run games on PCSX-PGXP. The CD audio doesn't play and bugs the game out when it needs to play. Like Crash Team Racing for an example. When Clancy brown announces the "start your engines" it doesn't play and the screen doesn't move on from the sony computer entertainment presents screen. It didn't do this before so what gives?
>>
>>172721967
what audio plugin are you using?
>>
>>172722279
eternal SPU plugin 1.41
>>
>>172722339
get eternal spu 1.50 or peops 1.10
>>
>>172722496
it says eternal spu 1.50 beta1, is that the one?
>>
>>172679065
>bold claims without sources/proof to discredit other devs

classic SP

I also loved
>exactly 1% of them are clean room

SP is not only a code cleanup expert but also a statistical expert.

Those IRC logs are so much fun, please keep them going on and record them somewhere for posterity when SP will finally leav the 'scene' (also because they seem to piss off our resident SP cult follower)
>>
>>172724527
>emudev stalking

DON'T YOU HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE, KID?

Time for you to try achieving stuff rather than being polarized on other's success vs your own failures.
>>
>>172725476
I checked his twitter. Do you consider than stalking?

I always wonder If I'm talking to some third worlder with no grasp of the English language, or a product of the American education system. Since people on this site have very little understanding of the definition of words.
>>
>>172722580
If it solves your problem then thats the one

>>172726058
>I always wonder If I'm talking to some third worlder with no grasp of the English language
probably the resident pajeet who throws a shitfit whenever byuu or SP is involved.
>>
>>172726058
>Do you consider than stalking
>I always wonder If I'm talking to some third worlder with no grasp of the English language
pure projection from our persistent pajeet
>>
fug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf76iOXWrac
>>
>>172727606
>spamming your shitty videos to get views
>>
>>172727606
>shitty predictable april's fool joke is shitty and predictable
>>
>>172727606
If it got a C&D, going open source would result in serious legal action.
>>
File: srw.jpg (249KB, 1282x729px) Image search: [Google]
srw.jpg
249KB, 1282x729px
Just finished SRW Z3
How is The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel emulation?
>>
>>172703793
Got it. I'll download windows, ditch the wi-fi adapter for ethernet, and spend the $130 on a GPU instead.
>>
>>172732873
>This hidden gem went from a 3 FPS mess to a glorious 30 FPS with some magic by kd-11. A user has reportedly played this game for over 10 hours now with no real problems. It needs a modern CPU, but nothing too insane to reach full speed. It also needs a work in progress build and some special settings to work as it should. Check out the corresponding forum thread for this game: simply search for it in the compatibility database and go on from there.
>>
Stay alive.
>>
>>172741183
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY
>>
>>172641337
>Such a feature would even be good on Windows itself.
Exactly, what you want doesn't even exist on Windows, why should wine do it? It's outside of its scope.
>>
>>172742626
Because it would make usage so much easier and better for such a small feature. Virtual desktops don't exist on windows either. It wouldn't be so bad if changing screen resolution in wine wasn't completely broken to begin with.
>>
I don't know who is the retard behind the fucking "SP truth" bullshit, but it needs to be STOPPED.
>>
>>172743064
I doubt that it would be such a small feature.
>>
Why does enabling Vsync in PPSSPP cause audio popping and crackling?
Without it there is screen tearing up the ass.
Same shit for Dolphin but that has shit audio in general.
>>
when did ps2 emulation get so good?
feel like i missed out on the boat that was poor ps2 emulation. pcsx2 has great compatibility
>>
Will Bayonetta and Vanquish on PC significantly reduce interest in CEMU and RPCS3?
>>
>>172686791
Because having a bios doesnt make a real world difference with so many more factors at play.
>Why design
There is no answer for any "why" when it comes to MelonDS
No one asked for it, no one needs it, no one wants it.
>>
>>172702078
>ATX
Do you really need that many PCIE slots?

Awful build overall
>>
>>172747764
Tell me more about how things are like in 2050. Do we have lunar or martian colonies yet?
>>
>>172749048
not yet, trump is ruling over the world, with putin at his side though.

it's nice, we have allocated africa to all non white/asians
>>
>>172748497
None of those games sold enough copies to be relevant to the interest of a large number of people.
>>
>>172748497
literally who and who
>>
>>172677463
need to keep the money rolling now.

The whole "project" is good as dead, bounties are abandoned just like bugs and bugs keep piling up, no-one is taking care of them.
>>
>>172747764
i think the release of microvu and gsdx came with some pretty big compatibility boosts
>>
>>172718176
intimidated by the system, or can't be bothered when they could work on easier consoles
>>
http://mudlord.info/blog/2017/04/01/so-i-did-something/
>>
>>172755037
>Posted by mudlord on April 1, 2017

Didn't know Austria celebrated April Fools
>>
>>172753257

> Bounty system was just started a week ago
> Already dead

Use some other place to shitpost.
>>
>>172755037
>So I did something.
This is when I knew it was a joke.

>Fuck these people.
And this is when I realized Mudlord is legitimately autistic.
>>
>>172755701

Stop bullying people and reflect back on your own worthless life.
>>
>>172755884
Don't just take off your trip.
>>
>>172753257
The whole "general" is good as dead, threads are abandoned just like emulators and shitposting keeps piling up, no-one is taking care of them.
>>
>>172756265
Nice try SP
>>
>>172756440
Go to bed, Rbelmont
>>
>>172756538
Nice try SP
>>
>>172756592
Go away, Delroth.
>>
>>172756770
Nice try SP
>>
>>172756770
Only SP would say that.
>>
>>172723518
Can we record your bad English for posterity too?
>>
>>172756816
>>172756850

Stop samefagging, byuu.
>>
>>172756893
Not an argument.
>>
>>172757005
Nice try SP
>>
>>172757047
Please go, p1pkin.
>>
>>172757345
Nice try Delroth
>>
>>172757009
You're an argument.
>>
>>172757405
Nice try, vgturtle127.
>>
>>172757646
That's what p1pkin would say.
>>
File: tumblr_m52469ca2I1ruxuqao1_500.gif (280KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m52469ca2I1ruxuqao1_500.gif
280KB, 500x280px
>>172755037
>muddy screencapped my post

I feel honored
>>
byuu is right, closed source emulation is cancer

https://twitter.com/byuu_san/status/846833400837292032
>>
>>172748936
Good point, I looked at some Micro ATX mobos that were nice so I'll probably go with that instead. I'm not gonna ask you to spoonfeed me but I'll take your words of criticism to come up with a better build so cheers.
>>
>>172761705
wtf I love byuu now
>>
>>172761705

Funny how he supports his anal buttrider buddy Exophase and Drastic then.
>>
>>172763459
wtf i hate byuu now
>>
>>172568141
>CEMU
I've been playing it for a few weeks on Cemu, it takes a ridiculous rig to get it working correctly. I have an i7-6700k 4.3ghz so i can get a semi-smooth 30fps but it does drop it towns hard. I would suggest waiting at least a week unless you plan on donating because 1.7.4 fixes the Magnesis, Stasis, swimming and other stuff which currently don't work.
Thread posts: 442
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.