[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fog/ - Fallout General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 774
Thread images: 208

File: 20170314060349_1.jpg (431KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170314060349_1.jpg
431KB, 1920x1080px
Lovely ladies edition

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
http://pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
http://pastebin.com/u29WKkGy

>Fallout 4
>General Information etc:
http://pastebin.com/pHrbuwt2
>Collection of Nexus Weapon Links:
http://pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
http://pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU
>Rips:
http://pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
http://pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
http://pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War Thread: >>172024219
>>
File: Poke of Death.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Poke of Death.webm
3MB, 960x540px
Wow, "great" """"game""""
>>
still better than touching a car and it registering as killing you for some reason
>>
>>172150454
>not quoting
You cheated me out of a (you), scumbag.
>>
how do i make aesthetic settlements that dont stick out like sore thumbs compared to normal buildings? i swear every building i make looks like i used fucking legos.
>>
Anybody has any cool makeshift weapon ideas that they could share?
>>
File: 20170318090001_1.jpg (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170318090001_1.jpg
323KB, 1920x1080px
>>172150541
what's funny is i actually meant to but cleared the box because I also just posted in another thread. So here.
>>
>>172150664
reported to the nsa
>>
File: 20170326203953_1.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170326203953_1.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
When do I unlock Los Angeles guys?
>>
File: 1488962952759.webm (1MB, 1920x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1488962952759.webm
1MB, 1920x1074px
>>172150054

lol

I saved this one

Also they really should have given Vertibirds some sort of perk that makes them invincible to small arms fire, similar to how vehicles work in Planetside 2. You shouldn't be able to take out a helicopter with a pistol unless you somehow hit the pilot.

I bet it wouldn't even be that hard to give vertibirds a "perk" that makes them take 0 damage from certain weapons
>>
>>172149537
I'm not saying they don't break down, I'm saying they're just as reliable as anything else. Gen 2s can easily replace Gen 3s in the Institute.

No, that's because the Institute treats them like robots. They're not interested in having synths do everything by themselves, because they don't believe they can.

No, Sturges, they guy who helps you build a teleporter. The terminal thing is just part of the Fallout 4 Adventure Line.
Also, everyone at Acadia is a Synth, including the guy(s?) that help maintain DiMA's memories. Clearly they can do more than menial tasks.

They have a Synth Retention Bureau. An entire division of the Institute dedicated to stoping Synths from escaping. I'd say its a major problem.
Hell, in the RR ending they revolt and blow up the whole thing.

They're isolated, yes, but they only operate on scientist's orders.

There is work other than physical work (which can be done by Gen 2s just as well).

>Actually, she has only spent the last few year studying synths.
"I've dedicated my life to devising a test to detect these hidden synths."
To find out IF they don't age. Again, that one line is only mentioned in relation to Synth Shaun.

>Except they are, and its even stated as such.
They aren't and it isn't. You can see for youself by taking a Synth to radiated water or shooting them with a Gamma gun.

>being able to sleep =/= they NEED to sleep
>Literally no mention of them not needing to sleep
>They actually sleep, even dream
>Somehow it's just an act
Ok.

>The mind wipe can also be used on normal people.
What are RoboBrains
>>
>tfw you accidentally started the automatron dlc and now you're weak sneaky glass cannon character can't scratch her ass without running into an army of giant mad max robots
>>
File: Fallout4_2017-03-26_15-21-48.jpg (224KB, 1442x842px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2017-03-26_15-21-48.jpg
224KB, 1442x842px
>>172150565
I just wing it every time I build a settlement.

I kinda wish I could build better settlements though. Mine always look so boring,
>>
Reminder, synths

A. Can't get fat
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Institute_terminal_entries
>Good thing it's physically impossible for a Gen 3 to actually gain weight and succumb to obesity. Wouldn't that be quite the Achilles' Heel? Humanity's most impressive technological achievement - laid low by junk food.

B. Can't get skinny, and are immune to the effects of aging
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Institute_terminal_entries
As such, the unit's synthetic biology is that of someone overweight and grossly out of shape. A mem wipe would kill any psychological weaknesses attributed to self-perceived old age, but that body? Lost cause.

C. Arre immune to age, don't need to sleep, and are resistance to most disease
http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Max_Loken%27s_dialogue
PC: What makes them superior?
Max: The list of improvements is exhaustive. I can talk for an hour and still not cover all of it. Imagine what you could accomplish if you could live without fear of hunger or disease. Imagine what you could create if you could use every waking moment of your life as you saw fit, with no need of sleep?
>>
Goddamn, I can't wait for Bethesda to get their shit together, make a 1:1 sized map and add cars already.

I think I'm going to turn Cvrie into a synth, she just has too many pathing problems as a bot. She can't even ride the vertibird with me and dies to mooks trying to take potshot at me because she spawns besides them when they aggro and some of them have mini-nukes. Which is better, anons? SynthCvrie or RoboCvrie?

ps. Can I use the Institute's teleportation tech as fast travel in survival mode akin to BoS's vertibird?
>>
>>172151307
>Trusting NPCs in game.
They lie, Anon!
Bethesda lies, therefore their game lies too!
>>
File: 2803386-1369249078.jpg (132KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
2803386-1369249078.jpg
132KB, 1152x648px
I don't know if dragbody is lurking but I have a request.

I'm not the type to beg but I've been searching for a horse mod for NV for a long LONG time. around last year you posted a picture of a horse companion and was wondering if you could send me the mod even if it's not actually rideable or finished.

If you don't want to upload it here I sent you a message on the nexus if you want to PM it to that. I promise on my life I would not share it with anyone. I know you probably have no reason to care but it would really mean a lot to me to finally have a horse in my favorite game.
>>
>>172150565
Look at what Bethesda and other builders have done, and then try to copy it.
>>
>>172151046
>Gen 2s can easily replace Gen 3
Except they aren't because they need constant repair while Gen 3's do not due to the FEV in their system keeping them at peak at all the time.

>They're not interested in having synths do everything by themselves, because they don't believe they can.
No one said they are interested in having synths do everything, only that they are interested in having them do all the manual labor.

>Sturges, they guy who helps you build a teleporter.
All Struges does is tell you what parts you need, and push a button. YOU are the one who puts it all together.

>including the guy(s?) that help maintain DiMA's memories.
Which were very likely told how by DiMA himself. Any robot can follow basic orders if they have someone to constantly tell them how to do it.

>An entire division of the Institute dedicated to stoping Synths from escaping.
And, as Father explains, they only do that to keep synths out of the general populace in order to keep synth paranoia down.

Father himself doesn't really care about the synths escaping, he cares more about people finding synths in the general populace and trying to retaliate against The Institute

>but they only operate on scientist's orders.
And they give them the order of "keep this shit functional", and leave them too it.

>There is work other than physical work
Sure, but that's not what synths are for. Synths are for digging, cooking, cleaning, scavanging, and all the other tasks actual people don't want to do.

>"I've dedicated my life to devising a test to detect these hidden synths."
And then she goes on to say that Covenant has only been around for a few years. Dedicating your life to something =/= you have spent all of your life before that doing it. Only that in some part of your life you dedicated yourself to this thing.

You seem to have a problem with taking common phrases in the most literal possible fashion when they have never been used that way.
>>
Mirrin my new dog /fog/ ??

>>172147545
That nigga knows whats up.
>>
File: f93.png (299KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
f93.png
299KB, 680x598px
>>172151046
>>172151307

What I find interesting is, the Institute can develop synths that are scientists or do really advanced shit all on their own.

What if they purposefully built a synth with as much INT as possible? Like 100 INT. 1000 INT!
>>
File: 20161229180248_1.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161229180248_1.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>>172152095
It's always fun.
>>
>>172151046
>They aren't and it isn't. You can see for youself by taking a Synth to radiated water or shooting them with a Gamma gun.
That is a gameplay mechanic from how NPCs are handled i nthe game engine.

Like how we know many CoA are immune to radiation, but even the ones who are stated to be can be radiation poisoned by gamma guns and shit

>Literally no mention of them not needing to sleep
See
>>172151307
> Imagine what you could create if you could use every waking moment of your life as you saw fit, with no need of sleep?

>What are RoboBrains
A different process entirely.
>>
>>172152259
Yeah it is.

Best experience in F4.
>>
>>172152179
That's what they should be doing. Pursuing ASI instead of ANI. Instead they just built AGI and didn't realise it.

>>172151307
>A. Can't get fat
True.

>B. Can't get skinny, and are immune to the effects of aging
Absolutely not true. They're just saying it's not worth bringing him back since he was made in the image of fat old McDonough. In that very same entry:

"Given its relative age and physical condition (not to mention the danger inherent in an Infiltrator unit's discovery), further lifespan estimated at two weeks maximum."

>C. Arre immune to age, don't need to sleep, and are resistance to most disease
This is conflicting information with Fo4 lore.
Plus, it's like hes praising synths as replacements for man, while in the Institute they're just used for manual labor
>Imagine what you could create
The Institute does not believe Synths can create.
>>
>>172152419
this thot is junkie
>>
>Watching some fellow knights practice at the airport firing range
>Decide to talk to the one with the gatling laser as he's firing at some barrels
>The lasers suddenly go through his back as he's talking to me and shred me in under 2 seconds
Lost 40 minutes of gameplay and I'm not even mad. Too busy laughing.
>>
>>172152179
The most advanced thing a synth has done is DiMA, who just uses pre-war computer banks to store all his memories since his brain is limited.

Basic data transfer like that is piss easy, and even an idiot could do it.
>>
File: 20170326143430_1.jpg (226KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170326143430_1.jpg
226KB, 1360x768px
>>172152259
After I dismissed my companions and started wandering on my own, this game has taken on a new life. Commonwealth camping is damn cozy and it's fun to just poke around the world with nobody but my trusty dog at my side.
>>
>>172152463
>Absolutely not true. They're just saying it's not worth bringing him back since he was made in the image of fat old McDonough. In that very same entry:
His lifespan being only two week is due to him being made a fat bastard, which makes him unstable to survive in a combat situation.

Not that hes somehow old.

>This is conflicting information with Fo4 lore.
No it isn't, you just have a bad habit of taking some wasteland doctors statements as irrefutable fact when they are not.

You seem like the same kind of person who would believe that because the wasteland doctor in Fallout 1 said something other radiation had to be behind animal mutations, it must be true, despite the fact we have been told radiation is the only cause.

>Plus, it's like hes praising synths as replacements for man, while in the Institute they're just used for manual labor
Are you implying that the benefits given to synths wouldn't, at some point, also be given to themselves, once they were sure they had perfected them?
>>
>>172152787
Companions are nice just because of their commentary. There's also companion-specific interactions with NPCs, like people hating on Nick, Piper offering to do a scoop in Goodneighbor, etc.
>>
>>172150987
In 1997
>>
>>172152863
>Piper offering to do a scoop in Goodneighbor, etc.
Piper does that in most major towns, including Bunker hill, where she will tyr to question someone on how Bunker Hill's system of paying off raiders with money just leads to raiders having better guns.

Curie will also try to ask various wasteland docotrs about scientific periodicals and universities since she doesn't seem to understand those don't exist anymore.
>>
File: Watchmen-12-27.jpg (533KB, 905x1426px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen-12-27.jpg
533KB, 905x1426px
>>172152179
>100 INT
>>
Stop using that shit image for OPs

Kys waifu losers
>>
>>172152863
The commentary is nice, the dogshit pathfinding AI isn't. For some weird reason. the game is also not balanced against you having a companion so people tend to blow through anything like a two-man army because they have way too much health.

I only take mine because I use them as my fusion core carrier. Otherwise, my gatling laser is going to spam my inventory with 99/100 variants.
>>
>>172153085
stop enjoying things and being happy reeeee
>>
>>172152787
>carrying around massive metal spikes for your tent
this autism is why i cant enjoy most mods
>>
>>172153319
>the dogshit pathfinding AI isn't
Not him, but I have honestly never had a problem with the companions finding their way around shit
>>
>>172150054
Get Durable Vertibirds mod nigga.
>>
File: 20170326132232_1.jpg (149KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170326132232_1.jpg
149KB, 1360x768px
>>172152863
I did enjoy their commentary and companionship, don't get me wrong. I like most of the companions.

But after spending untold hours with someone always passing comment now and then, walking about, shooting and chatting, there's something refreshing about just me and my dog and the open wasteland.
>>
>>172153425
You're gonna need the durable anuses mod, faggot *zzzzziiiiippppp*
>>
>>172153420
They teleport behind you if they can't. They also get stuck on cars that have been slightly moved by physics because the game doesn't account for that.
>>
>>172153425
Whats funny is that the problem with vertibirds in the vanilla game is that for some reason, while they have level 20, 30, 40, and 50, variants of veritibrds, only the level 20 version ever spawn except for once in a blue moon when a level 50 vertibird will.

What makes it even more pereplxing is that the bug was reported to the unofficial patch team, and Arthmoor looked at the vertibird spawn lists, and could find nothing wrong with them.

The game simply just DOESNT spawn the stronger/high level vertibirds for some explainable reason outside of a very few random events when you get past like level 100 when ONE level 50 one might appear.
>>
>>172151010
Fuck. This reminds me of seeing Kellog for the second time. Nigga had one synth with a Fatman (the one that tries to flank you) while the other synth threw grenades at me whenever I step far away from him. That shit took a whole lot of fucking reloads. Who the fuck arms NPCs with fatmen on closed-quarters?
>>
>>172152863
Honestly Curie is best because she is clueless and says stuff in inappropiate situations.

>get ambushed by mercs
>blow their heads open
>loot them

>"I believe we are supposed to file a police report, yes? And all the little things go in baggies for evidence."

>raider camp ahead
>impaled bodies everywhere

>"Perhaps they are friendly."
>>
>>172153980
>get to Quincy for first time
>find Sturges' workshop in church
>wow cool I can repair my PA here
>loot body
>suddenly hear sound of flying mininuke
>nogood.jpeg
>turn around
>get BTFO by a fucking gunner
>>
>>172151010
That vertibirds were exceptionally hard to kill by everything Fallout 3 save the Tesla Cannon is telling. Why they failed to recreate such conditions is beyond me or anyone else I imagine.
>>
>>172152032
>Except they aren't because they need constant repair
It's unclear how many resources a Gen 3 consumes vs a Gen 2. Gen 3s need to "perform basic self maintenance" according to H2-22, which I take it means their basic needs (food, water, sleep etc).
And again, there's the whole escaping issue.
Also, if you phase out Gen 3s you can focus on improving Gen 2s so they're even more reliable.

>only that they are interested in having them do all the manual labor.
>all the other tasks actual people don't want to do.
Gen 2s. See above.

>YOU are the one who puts it all together.
It's tricky because its a game mechanics vs lore thing, but he's playing the same role as any other faction's scientist. He also gets the Institute Network Holotape and does the same thing as Tinker Tom and Ingram.

>And, as Father explains, they only do that to keep synths out of the general populace in order to keep synth paranoia down.
Father himself doesn't really care about the synths escaping, he cares more about people finding synths in the general populace and trying to retaliate against The Institute
Do share details. I do not recall this conversation or Father's fear of wastelanders.

>And they give them the order of "keep this shit functional", and leave them too it.
That's pure speculation on your part. For all we know it's the same thing they tell Gen 2s.

>And then she goes on to say that Covenant has only been around for a few years
Plenty of time to determine her results, plus she could've operated elsewhere previously.

>>172152285
Not true, there are CoA NPCs that are immune to radiation damage. All Synths take radiation damage.

See >>172152463

The brains used in RoboBrains are mind wiped.
>>
>>172153769
The mod gets rid of the low level ones, so only level 50 spawn.
>>
>>172115480
My main complaint with that map, is the Vault 13/15 and Shady Sands placements. Even if you just have it based on FO1, they should be closer together and slightly west of their positions. Going by FO2, they should be much farther west than they are; this is also better for overall lore, as them being that far east, there would be no way New Californians would not have found New Vegas before the early 2270s. Also Dayglow should be farther south, I thought it was in San Diego (which should be on the coast west of The Glow).

The only other thing really bad is Buena Vista; even going by Tactics map which does misplace it farther south than it should be, the FO:T map still doesn't have it as far south as New Mexico, it's Alamosa or San Luis Valley at best. Buena Vista is almost straight west from Cheyenne Mountain.

>>172142823
He's a fucking idiot then, considering the region the Legion controls was fucking known for Gold and Silver booms, and that the Legion is built around slavery (where the harsh conditions of mining were probably the first uses of slave labor). And considering from a gameplay perspective, with all the casinos being able to cash out in Legion coin, there is a lot of potential coinage in circulation (even outside of Legion territory). Not that conquest loot wouldn't be the primary economic driver of the Legion, assuming it's the only economic aspect of a faction that has sustained itself for 30 years with relatively stabilty, is just asinine, and seems like a handwaving response.

>>172154063
>>172153017
>Curie will also try to ask various wasteland docotrs about scientific periodicals and universities since she doesn't seem to understand those don't exist anymore.
God damn is she adorable.
>>
>>172154291
Weren't the vertibirds in 3/NV just pre-made animations, as in they weren't actually vehicles?
>>
>>172155291
You could still shoot the things out of the sky with a fucking tesla cannon so pre-made animation or not it at least felt more like a threatening enemy than in 4
>>
File: 20170326151738_1.jpg (137KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170326151738_1.jpg
137KB, 1360x768px
Damn but the Island is such a great environment.

And I love the violin on the exploration music, the sound track perfectly compliments the environment.
>>
>>172154439
>resources a Gen 3 consumes vs a Gen 2.
None since they don't need to eat, and the FEV in their system keeps them biologically perfect at all times.

The only thing they would need to do is shower.

>And again, there's the whole escaping issue.
Which isn't an issue as the number that escape is very low.

>Also, if you phase out Gen 3s you can focus on improving Gen 2s
They already spent decades working on Gen 2's to their limit. They can't take them any further. That is why they made Gen 3's.

>Gen 2s
Worthless, see above.

>but he's playing the same role as any other faction's scientist.
And all they do is tell you the basics of how it works, and gives you a part list, and then make YOU build it.

>He also gets the Institute Network Holotape
That is a basic copy-paste program loaded onto a holodisk. Doesn't take a genius to do it.

> I do not recall this conversation or Father's fear of wastelanders.
http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Shaun%27s_dialogue
PC: Why do you care what happens on the surface? You're in your own world down here
Shaun: Because there are forces on the surface that could pose a threat to us, and only a fool ignores a possible threat. We might diminish that danger by correcting the false perception that we intend some great harm to mankind.

This conversation happens after you come back form retrieving the escaped synth Gabriel, and ask him about the mission.

>For all we know it's the same thing they tell Gen 2s.
Sure they do, Gen 3's just don't need any oversight, or repair.

>plus she could've operated elsewhere previously.
This is headcanon, and we know from the notes in the lab that they end up killing everyone they capture pretty quickly, meaning, she has never had any real time to see the long term effects of starving a synth.

>there are CoA NPCs that are immune to radiation damage
utterly false.
>>
>>172155086
>seems like a handwaving response.
With Sawyer? That autismal history buff? I doubt it. They probably outlined every societal relevant detail. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a quest involved and showed you how they couldn't use large scale mining as their metal source but since a lot of legion content got cut, we're left here wondering.

New FO by Obsidian can't come soon enough.
>>
>>172155086
>He's a fucking idiot then, considering the region the Legion controls was fucking known for Gold and Silver booms
You forget, the resource wars drained every single major resource in the world.

They even minded the grand canyon out for uranium IIRC.
>>
>>172156516
Sayer is the guy who point blank admitted that House doing nothing but sitting on his ass for 100 year was the result of them forgetting they changed when NV took place(originally it was before Fo2 and 3, then they moved it after Fo3)

and they totally forgot about updating it.

Which led to the situation where House implausibly erases all the tirbal identity of the tribes of the Vegas are in under 7 years time

Something even Sawyer admitted was an implausible mistake.
>>
File: 20170326231538_1.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170326231538_1.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
Can someone tell me what direction traders come from at Murkwater construction site? I need it so that i'm able to build my front gate.
>>
>>172156842
Traders usually follow the roads as much as possible when moving between settlements, and, IIRC, the closest road to Murkwater is north of it.
>>
>>172156842
Probably north
To make sure they are, hook it up to the settlement north of it
Sending traders through the marsh doesn't make much sense irl anyway
>>
How would the BOS fare against the Fog?
>>
christ alternate settlements is awful
>only 2 roofs, building has to be a perfect square or rectangle or you will be forced to use a flat piece or have a gap
>windows arent airtight, can see outside through cracks
>door frame with posts doesnt align with walls set on top of it, not airtight
>cant use any vanilla walls with its floors or foundations without issues later on while building
>>
File: ScreenShot7.png (555KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot7.png
555KB, 1360x768px
Far Harbor is honestly pretty nice looking.
Good Innawoods vibe to it
>>
Any mod for a ceremonial military uniform ww1/ww2 with loads of medals and shit that fit for females? doesn't have to be perfect with breasts and things, just usable.
>>
>>172158015
BOS can't even fight the minutemen, a ragtag group of wasteland settlers with shit equipment, without the player running stupid errants for them

Go figure
>>
>>172158293
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18371/?
I don't think there's anything else desu
>>
Is 13 bucks good for Fah Hahbah or anyone can find cheaper?
>>
File: ScreenShot9.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot9.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>>172158253
FUCK I FELL FOR IT
>>
>3 games later
>they still haven't fixed the 'grab, walk away and crouch behind a wall' method of stealing items
>>
>>172156842
spring cleaning mod is suppose to be able to clean up those buildings and that digger.
>>
>>172158650
Then it would be like Oblivion where when you grab fork you get assaulted by entire inn.

And making frame which you can't leave or it will be registered as theft for each item would be huge performance issue.
>>
>>172156842
Anon this is not how artillery works, you are supposed to place it in highest place in your settlement.
>>
>>172158462
Yeah already got those, they are pretty good but very regular, was looking for something to make my character look more i guess special, like a high ranked veteran, thanks anyway.
>>
>>172158989
Dude, I'm still building my settlement working out the main gate location is a biggy untill that's figured the artillery building ain't happening. ;(
>>
>>172158840
>And making frame which you can't leave or it will be registered as theft for each item would be huge performance issue.
Not really since bethesda still doesn't have a fluid transition between inside and outside cells like it's the late 90s

Even if they did it wouldn't hog much resources

Just place a flag on the player if he has a stolen item on him and trigger aggro once he leaves a certain radius
It would be THAT easy
>>
>>172158015
well. they excel at anti radiation gear.
>>
>>172159220
Not him, but that would still result in way to many situations of psychic NPCs that would be more detrimental to the game then them not having it
>>
>>172159220
>>172159352
Maybe turn on aggro if you hold item that is marked for theft for more than [x] seconds? NPC could say stuff like "put that down" or "it's not yours, put it down"

It worked in Gothic 2 where if you unsheathed weapon in city, you would eventually get aggro few warnings later.
>>
>>172159352
Yeah, the entire village shooting your for accidentally picking up a dirty plate is MUCH better
>>
>>172159646
>NPC could say stuff like "put that down" or "it's not yours, put it down"
They already do this, and in Skyrim and Fallout 4, if you take a low value item, the NPCs will just walk up to you and take it from your inventory.
>>
File: ak47.jpg (94KB, 656x843px) Image search: [Google]
ak47.jpg
94KB, 656x843px
I told Boone to go back to Lucky 38 so I could recruit Raul, but Boone is not at Lucky 38. I tried waiting to see if he would appear, I tried checking at Novac, I tried checking where I dismissed him, nothing. Is there any way to find him without console commands? Placeatme resets his inventory, which contained a lot of good shit.
>>
>>172160212
He is looking for retribution on Legion territory.
>>
>>172160212
You can use player.moveto [boone's id] to teleport yourself to his location
>>
>>172160212
He's making his own legend. You need to learn to let go, anon.
>>
File: junsrifle.jpg (549KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
junsrifle.jpg
549KB, 1920x1080px
Jun just bought a new rifle from Cricket. And I forgot to turn off the UI. It took him ages to save up for it. And Marcy is going to bring up the price every time she's angry at him, for the next decade. But now, nobody will get close to his loved ones ever again.

>>172158647
Don't worry. They just want to play.
>>
>>172160413
>>172160212
btw im thinking that just using moveto with boone shouldn't reset his inventory like placeatme does
>>
>>172160413
YES thank you, that worked. I had tried it but I used the baseID instead like an idiot. He was just wandering the desert towards New Vegas. They're supposed to magically teleport for fucks sake
>>
>>172160513
Is this what this general has become now? People making up stories about their generic settlers? Even /tesg/ is better than this.
>>
>>172161001
Sure man. Here you go <Punch Grecks in the face>
>>
>>172156842
You know what's odd is i've watched every video there is and there's no mention of traders or supply lines coming into this site.

I may have to leave this still, until my main base is built if no one has any idea of what way traders come into this settlement.
>>
>tfw trying to get Rylee or Tina or any other lvl 4 vendor into settlement

This
Is
Hell
>>
>>172162163
>Not using the unofficial Fallout 4 patch which fixes them
why?
>>
>>172149891
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A DOWNLOAD LINK FOR FALLOUT NEW VEGAS DESTRUCTION OVERHAUL RELOADED
>>
>>172165821
p sure the mod author didn't delete it in a fit of rage like you said yesterday, but because it was a broken piece of shit beyond repair
>>
>>172165964
I actually asked in the previous thread this morning

I know it was. I dont care if it is.

no one has a mirror link?
>>
>>172164889
There is unofficial patch? Cool. Does it disable cheevos?
>>
have you ever noticed the spots designated for npcs to sit, lean or smoke? what if someone modded in one for masturbation?
>get home from adventuring
>walk into pipers room
>see her shamelessly smashing herself with a dildo, not even stopping after i open the door
>>
>>172166537
>caring about cheevos
there's a mod that reenables enables them anyway but i dont have the link
>>
File: 23059-0-1490557460.jpg (217KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
23059-0-1490557460.jpg
217KB, 1600x900px
>http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23059/?
LeMat Revolver's released. .44/shotgun/custom ammo revolver.
>>
>>172166647
Yeah I don't want that mod, I've been discussing it before, does the patch disable cheevo or not?
>>
>>172160581
moveto literally only changes location. I constantly use it in New Vegas when ED-E gets stuck on rocks. Find Boone's ref id, select him with prid and then do moveto.player

Like this:

prid 67a331 (not an actual id)
moveto.player
>>
>>172166776
All mods disable them, except the one that turns them back on

also
>caring about achievements
are you 4?
>>
>>172167006
You said it's unofficial patch, not a mad.

Yep
>>
>>172167098
Unofficial patch is a mod u dum dum

Hence "unofficial"
>>
>>172167098
>unofficial patch
>not a mod

what is your major malfuction?
>>
>>172167183
And how do I get Tina and Rylee without disabling my precious achivements? And without using mod that reenables achivements.

I don't want to fuck up and taint my save.
>>
>>172167260
>playing a bethesda sandbox game
>not wanting mods

are you daft? that's what thesee games are for
>>
any way to make a non vanilla hat not tie my hair up when i wear it?
>>
>>172167803
what the fuck
>>
>two shot laser musket

well, time to stop using my laser rifle for fusion cells
>>
>>172167803
She either has huge traps or her shoulder joints are missing, or both, pretty cute otherwise.
>>
>>172167460
I have never needed mods for New Vegas. The only one I have installed is a mod that skips the hacking and lockpicking minigames and just does a skill check.
>>
File: allthestuff.jpg (210KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
allthestuff.jpg
210KB, 1920x1080px
I just found out that my storage workbench currently holds 11868 pounds of stuff. Well, held. I can't wait for the clicking to get all the aid items back in there.
>>
>>172169305
Most of it is probably just Junk and materials, which you can just use T to load all at once.
>>
>>172149891
literally the same OP from the 16th
gj twat
>>
>>172167460
Look only mods I ever used were from Steam Workshop for Skyrim, I would gladly mod my Fallout 4 but if it disables achivements I will pass, and yes I know I can re-enable them but once again I don't want to taint my save and lose all achivement progress.
>>
File: 377160_20170326162214_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20170326162214_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone else always get really worn out when doing anything in downtown Boston? It's such a fucking slog of combat.
>>
Why was there no dual pistols in Fallout 4? Bethesda really pushed that dual wield in Skyrim just to throw it away in Fallout 4 even when they had perfect opportunity to use it again since they improved gunplay.
>>
>>172169495
It's aid items, mods, and decorative or crafting related misc items that make it painful.
>>
File: 20170326185422_1.jpg (511KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170326185422_1.jpg
511KB, 1920x1080px
How do I fix this?
>>
File: 2017-03-26 18-58-36.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-26 18-58-36.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>172156546
>>172156516
Fair enough on some points, but regarding the resource wars having everything depleted, then how do you explain Redding in FO2? I think it is plausible enough that in the earthquakes and geographic shifts from the great war, that some undetected or inaccessible resources would become available. I'm not saying the Legion has a mining industry by any means, but it wouldn't be implausible that they control a working mine or two within their domain. There's gotta be something being used by those supposed secure and safe trade routes, and it can't all be food and healing powder.

>>172166591
That sounds like the mod you born to make.
>>
>>172169980
>Why was there no dual pistols in Fallout 4?
Because that is fucking stupid and you wouldn't be able to hit shit

Same reason they axed underwater combat in Skyrim
>>
>>172170121
close your eyes
>>
>>172169584
I'm glad that I'm not someone who gets mad over stuff like this.
>>
>>172171449
>>172169584
And now you have schyzophrenia
>>
>>172170610
>Same reason they axed underwater combat in Skyrim
I still don't know why they did that, there was some decent underwater exploration in Oblivion and Morrowind.
>>
>>172172307
Because underwater combat makes no freaking sense.

outside of very thin blades, the force needed to push something like the big ass warhammers and other XBAWKS HUEG! weapons they frequently use in TES would be beyond the character.

The resistance force of the water would make using anything but a dagger as a weapon basically ineffective.

And they aren't going to design a whole lockout system when it would never get used. like how underwater combat in Oblivion was basically useless outside of the like handful of treasure chests they slapped in random places.
>>
>>172150054

rip vines
>>
File: 2.png (669KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
669KB, 600x800px
Hunter's Long Coat + Gas Mask or Assault Gas Mask + Disciple's Blade + lots of drugs = whaler from dishonored?
>>
>>172170121
Restart the game. LOD got fucked.
>>
File: outfit.jpg (373KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
outfit.jpg
373KB, 1920x1080px
>>172172972
That's not a bad idea for an outfit. I might use this for my lone Far Harbl provisioner.
>>
File: Fallout4 2017-03-26 20-04-54-15.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2017-03-26 20-04-54-15.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
Shhh. Piper is sleeping.
>>
>>172173823
what mod is that stove from?
>>
What's the deal with the Fallout general being almost exclusively FO4 when on /v/ all the threads are about New Vegas even though you're not allowed to have generals there?
>>
>>172175946
Because /v/ doesn't know about fallout 4?
>>
File: CreativeClutterWorkbenches.jpg (684KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
CreativeClutterWorkbenches.jpg
684KB, 1920x2160px
>>172175610
Creative Clutter. It has mini versions of all the workbenches.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20782/?
>>
>>172176223
Its cause Fallout 4 was supposed to be Skyrim 2 so its automatically shit
>>
>>172165964
The mod author has a thread on the Nexus forums in which he says he deleted all his mods in a fit of rage

Including other ones like the collision mesh overhaul

I'd want the mod files because I'm pretty sure it was the one that added physics to stuff like suitcases and duffle bags
>>
>>172175946
Because New Vegas is an Obsidian game, and like all Obsidian games, it has a very dedicated cult simple because it was made by Obsidian, and OBsidian is staffed by people who made really good RPGs like 25 years ago.
>>
>>172176325
Skyrim 2, A game that is a sequal to another game that i haven't finished because it feels like i'm wandering aimlessly in a world of nothing.
>>
>>172175521

E X C L U S I V E S

>>172175946

/vg/ is day to day talk about the same topic, every day. NV is years old so that kind of conversation has run it's course, whereas FO4 is still picking up new players and giving new experiences. but on /v/ its just someone bringing up a game they like whenever and then everyone chiming in about liking the game too.

there are popular FFXI /v/ threads all the time but it doesn't have its on general.
>>
File: airportbarWIP.jpg (401KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
airportbarWIP.jpg
401KB, 1920x1080px
>>172176309
Even has the Nuka-Mixer.
>>
>>172176448
I think it has more to do with how New Vegas is the Fallout 3 that the series deserved and everyone at /v/ hates both 3 and 4. It has nothing to do with worshipping a company.

Honestly there probably should be a NV general since every NV thread on /v/ gets deleted due to the existence of this Fallout(4) general.
>>
>>172176223
To be frank it's a good game but not a good Fallout game imo

/v/ heavily prefers New Vegas and there's plenty of threads that start up as discussing faction choices and characters and evolve into basically generals, whereas here you have like 1-2 NV posts in the general

I'm just wondering if there's a specific reason why the two games' crowd is so segregated between the boards
>>
Yo how do I find random vendors? I've been swapping between campfires and settlements for 2 hours now and still can't find Cricket or Rylee.
>>
>>172176890
I think the main thing is that if you come to /vg/, it's for a specific general that you know exists. You don't casually browse /vg/ like one can with /v/. The people who post in those threads on /v/ don't have a reason to come to /vg/, so they don't.
>>
>>172177041
Wait in Bunker Hill for 24 hours. That should give you a new trader every time.

And Rylee won't show up until you meet her at the cannery.
>>
>>172176448
Dude come on, it's because of the following

- Bethesda's nonsensical East Coast lore
- nonexistent dialogue system that destroyed the quest structure that is present in the first 2 games as well as in NV
- switching to a terrible new perk system instead of the perfectly good one where you could level the skills you wanted and pick the perks you wanted when you had invested enough points in a certain skill

It's the setting and the quest structure and RPG elements. If NV didn't have the character creation sequence with skills, perks and traits, the Ghost Town Gunfight quest with several ways of completion and allegiance that functions like the dialogue and quest structure of the classic Fallouts but in 3D I would have probably stopped playing that game too before I even left Goodsprings
>>
>>172152032
>>172156418
>>172151307
You people disregard the fact that Gen 3 Synths have been a work in progress for decades. They're not all from the same production batch; they've gone through various iterations and are still being redeveloped when you arrive at the Institute.

The most likely reason for why they haven't gone into full production is because they couldn't sustain a full Gen 3 Synth workforce unless they were fine-tuned with FEV. Otherwise we'd be seeing a lot more in use instead of the older models.
>>
>>172177241
Yeah I already did that quest and I met Rylee twice outside at random, now I am looking for her specificaly, I will try the bunker hill.
>>
>>172177547
>Bethesda's nonsensical East Coast lore
Its less nonsensical then the shit we got in New Vegas were literally everything between California and Texas was nothing but spear chuking tirbals who had no civilization.

>- switching to a terrible new perk system instead of the perfectly good one where you could level the skills you wanted and pick the perks you wanted when you had invested enough points in a certain skill

Actually, the old perk/skill system was grade A garbage for a large number of reasons that the new system fixed.
>>
File: chambers.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
chambers.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>172178467
Also, it should be made clear that Synths are not Super Mutants.

Super Mutants are created using a very specific strain of FEV under a dedicated process (depending on how the virus is administered, be it in liquid or an aerosol form). It is never implicitly stated that Synths utilize FEV in their creation, but it is clear that the Institute is keen on duplicating its benefits, seemingly with minimal drawback.

Physiologically speaking, many Gen 3 Synths remain similar to humans (reference: Dr. Chambers, DiMA)
>>
>>172179684
> It is never implicitly stated that Synths utilize FEV in their creation

http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Shaun%27s_dialogue

>The program was ultimately a success; my DNA was fused with a modified virus to create the organic material from which our new synths are made.
>>
>>172179684
Super Mutants are the result of FEV mutating a person whose DNA has been damaged by radiation, and is thus corrupted. FEV accelerates that corruption, turning them into super mutants.

Synths are basically the "perfected" form of super mutants, taking FEV and using it on someone without radiation corrupted DNA
>>
File: legion spurdoo.png (178KB, 1557x1123px) Image search: [Google]
legion spurdoo.png
178KB, 1557x1123px
>>172179464
How was the old system garbage?
The perks available depended on what was relevant to your character based on level and skill prerequisites. It found a way to reward the player for a level up without forcing them to choose between fun bonuses and mandatory combat leveling.
You could always pick skills needed for health regen, gun accuracy, etc, but never had to sacrifice that viability for fun bonuses like shotgun surgeon or bloody mess, which only marginally affect your stats, but allow for bonuses that mesh well with role playing, and feel like a treat, rather than something boring you need to stay viable.
>>
>>172177547
I will never understand why they had to introduce this fucking dialogue wheel

Like it would kill console players to scroll of a list of like 6 choices? Fucking really?
>>
>>172180294
>Like it would kill console players to scroll of a list of like 6 choices?
yes
and most of those lead you down the same path
>>
>>172180294
>Like it would kill console players to scroll of a list of like 6 choices? Fucking really?
As someone who first played Bethesda's games on a console, no, it wouldn't. I don't know who Bethesda used for their market research but they were probably the same people who thought Fabe's EXP system was 'too advanced'.
>>
>>172180407
Nigga that stupid fucking limitation even caused some quests to break like Avery's side mission in far harbor that you can't talk about anymore when you exhume her corpse
Only because they couldn't fit the fucking option in
>>
>>172180108
>How was the old system garbage?
Lots of reasons
1. SPECIAL had no bearing on your skill level. Have 1 charisma? Can still pass every speech check because you have 100 in speech! Have 1 INT? Can still hack every computer and repair any robot because 100 science!

This in turn made SPECIAL largely worthless as fuck, and made skills why to powerful by comparison.

Fallout 4 fixed this by removing skills, and tying what they did into SPECIAL, making SPECIAL far more important in the process, and making the game play more logically as you actually have to have the physical and mental requirements to do shit now.

2. The 1-100 skill range made putting points into skills very mediocre because the skill's power was spread out over such a large range that you only got noticeable and effective power boosts every 20-25 levels. When it came to things like hacking/lockpicking, literally everything outside of 25/50/75/100 was worthless since they didn't make you any better at picking locks/hacking.

Fallout 4 fixed this problem by bundeling skills into a 5 ranked per, where each rank = 20 level from the 1-100 skill, thus making every point you put into your character actually offer noticeable improvements, and in doing so they far more accurately expressed how lockpicking/hacking worked in the previous games.

3. Stat dumping. Because the 1-100 skill system had no limits of any kind, it was possible to dump all your points into one or two stats right away, and get them to 100 from the get go, eliminating any real challenge from the game.

Fallout 4 fixed this problem by putting level caps on the higher tiered perk ranks, making the game far more balanced in the long run as its less easy to cheese it.

(cont)
>>
>>172175946
>What's the deal with the Fallout general being almost exclusively FO4
But this is a downright lie, or an exagerration to use as bait at best. Of course FO4 is going to be the prominent game discussed because it's recent and current. Plenty of NV discussion here, and several threads ago even had some Tactics playthroughs, and FO1/2 builds. So you don't need to fling shit just because the shitty new game is the most talked about.
>>
>>172181241
4. The old skill system forced you to level up immediately after achieving the EXP needed. This in turned forced you to put points into skills, and take perks, even if you already had all te skills/perks you needed for your character build.

That in turn created a grand homogenizing effect the longer you played the game. It was largely inevitable that you would reach 100 in most skills unless actively tried to meta game, by dumping INT to a really low level, in order to avoid it.

Fallout 4 fixed that problem by making you able to pick perks at will, thus meaning you never have to take a perk other then the ones you want for your build, Increasing long term character diversity.

5. Traits. Traits are a failed system that are supposed to offer increased character diversity by offering your character permanent game start bonuses and weaknesses.

The problem with traits was the same problem with birthsings in TES, in that most of them were just shit, there were a few so bad that it was considered an instant game over if you took them, and there was a few so good they were considered "take every game"

All this did was encourage meta and power gaming, and did nothing but cause people to have to restart the opening hours of the game several times after they had found they had picked one of the terrible traits.

By moving traits into perks as they did in Fallout 3/4 with things like night person, and bloody mess, or into standing stones like in TES, they maintained the game gameplay systems, but did so in a way that was far more balanced overall, and removed any need to restart simply because you took the wrong trait.
>>
thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDqHoxVHW_s
>>
File: 152.png (341KB, 480x411px) Image search: [Google]
152.png
341KB, 480x411px
Anyone got a pastebin or guide of sorts updated for new vegas? the one in the OP is pretty outdated and so is my current mod setup

please don't suggest me to play fo4 instead
>>
>>172181241
>>172181762

I kinda agree with you, I like the new system more, but in FO4 I think it was implemented poorly.

75% of the perks are just VATS or increased damage. There are no hybrid perks utilizing stuff from multiple SPECIAL stats. There are very few unique perks. I love what they did the the Charisma tree though, and robot hacking. Having the ability to control enemies and robots was fucking cool.
>>
>>172181241
>>172181762
While these are just basic summaries of the larger points, the overall point is that Fallout 4's new perk system is, at worst, a side grade in terms of things like lockpicking/hacking, as they play exactly the same anyways, and, overall, better then the old system because it closes down loopholes, makes putting points into your character far more worthwhile since they mean more now, and is generally more balanced overall
>>
>>172182429
>There are very few unique perks
That's because a lot of "unique" perks from Fallout 3/NV got rolled into the "skill" perk in Fallout 4 because those unique perks were fairly fluff, and not very good in terms of actual character bonuses, and, at the same time, rolling the 1-100 skill range down into a 1-5 skill range still didn't negate the fact that the 1-100 skill was garbage, so they boosted it.

Things like shotgun surgeon from NV got rolled into the non-automatic rifle perk in Fallout 4.
>>
>>172182261
check the recent files on nexus

YUP just got updated with more fixes
>>
>Helps preston at concord and the settlers at tenpines because of their immediate danger, but refuses to carry the minutemen on his back as their general while he's got his own shit to deal with
>Ignores the brotherhood and railroad because their causes have nothing to do with him
>After blowing Kellogg's head off, wears his clothing and uses his gun as revenge trophies
>Finally finds Shaun
>Joins the institute because muh son

Sound like a canon-ish character path?
>>
>>172183076
Canon is The Minutemen destroying The Institute and keeping the BoS and Railroad alive.
>>
>>172183076
>not freaking out and turning Father into fine red mist because you don't know he's shaun
>not taking revenge on the institute with the brotherhood and their most blatant force projection
>>
>>172182791
did they ever fix the texture issue on weapons?

someone once edited a plugin of it that left those alone so retextures don't go crazy but I don't have it anymore
>>
>>172183140
What I meant by that is would you find that series of choices believable if you were told it was canon?
>>
>>172181241
>1. SPECIAL had no bearing on your skill level.
It did for nearly every other SPECIAL stat aside from Charisma, the frequently cited dump stat.
For example, S.trength had separate damage bonus multipliers per hit AFTER the bonus points to the skill were applied, plus carry weight.
Plus, it affected the availability of certain perks, meaning low SPECIAL values could bar you from certain bonuses.

>2. The 1-100 skill range made putting points into skills very mediocre
Some skills like lockpicking and science did that, but most affected tiny multipliers in other areas of the game, rather than only affecting key intervals. It was a good concept, just many skills could have been implemented better. Like with lockpicking, a slight variance between each 25 point gap could have affected the area where you can pick.

>3. Stat dumping. Because the 1-100 skill system had no limits
I don't really have much of a counter to this, that kind of sucked.

>4. The old skill system forced you to level up immediately
Solved with a lower level cap. Also Fallout 4 has "infinite levels", so the homogenization will happen eventually anyway.

>5. Traits
They should have either all had bonuses greater than their downsides, or no downsides at all, meaning the player would have no reason not to take 2, and the game balance could be affected accordingly. Again, this is less about balance and more about role playing, but theres no reason why it couldn't be taken into account.

I'm making arguments more from a roleplaying/fun standpoint then a "pure balance" standpoint, because at the end of the day, it's still an action rpg where player skill will have a large influence on combat regardless of stats. Theres ways you can compromise, and while it wasn't perfect, I'd rather have it back then "well I'd like to take a fun perk, but every enemy is a bullet sponge so I need more damage".
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-18 09-58-21-08.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-18 09-58-21-08.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>172183283
>>not freaking out and turning Father into fine red mist because you don't know he's shaun

I almost did this.

I also, coincidentally, had to restart Honest Hearts because I shot follows Chalk on the spot.
>>
>>172183283
I did that on my last play through, the accidentally kill all important characters run. Accidentally kill dance wile fending off the ghouls at the station, accidentally blow away the railroad leaders when they flick the light on, accidentally blow away whoever that was after finding my fake son, as soon as the door opened.

i hadn't bothered to do any settlement building in that run really, so that sucked. had to build a ton of crap to advance the story for a minuteman end
>>
>>172183821
>I don't really have much of a counter to this, that kind of sucked.
You were punished more for not leveling up combat skills compared to fallout 4

I'm doing another run and I'm at level 24 at the moment and all i have managed to put my levels into some charisma and intellengce and big leagues which i haven't touched melee since the first hour and im doing fine i don't use power armour with only a couple of things at insta kill me gulpers and fog crawlers

Though Fallout 4 combat is really bad literally its all about making everything a bullet sponge
Why do i have to put an enemy near death just so i can cripple both of his legs id be better off just aiming centre mass works out the same in the end
>>
>>172183821
>Some skills like lockpicking and science did that, but most affected tiny multipliers in other areas of the game, rather than only affecting key intervals
Except, as mentioned, those multipliers were so low as to be basically nonexistent.

Going from 1 to 20 in you gun skill increased weapon damage by 15,%, but since most weapons did only like 10-15 damage at base, it was an increase of 1, or 1.5 points of damage.

20 points = all of ONE more point of damage. Big, fucking whoop.

>For example, S.trength had separate damage bonus multipliers per hit AFTER the bonus points to the skill were applied,
Which were minor and basically trivial compared to the damage bonus from the actual melee weapon skill.

This is another problem that stems from the older game's system, by dividing up things like melee weapon damage between multiple different systems, they inherently devalue each of those systems by stripping away its maximum potential, and putting some of it into something else.

Fallout 4 fixed that problem as well.

>Solved with a lower level cap.
Level caps are a fundamentally flawed idea in open world games like the newer Fallout games because, as seen with Fallout 3 and New Vegas, you will very easily max out our level before doing everything in the game, turning most of the game's content into largely regardless shit.

By removing a level cap, but making exponential EXP gain at a reasonable level, they ensure that you always get rewarded for doing things, but also can never reach so far that you can get even half of all the perks in the game.

Another thing Fallout 4 fixed.

>they should have either all had bonuses greater than their downsides, or no downsides at all,
The whole purpose of traits was that they had downsides, removing their downsides just turns them into perks, thus meaning there is no reason to keep them as a separate category of character stats.... aka, exactly what we got already.
>>
>>172183821
>"well I'd like to take a fun perk, but every enemy is a bullet sponge so I need more damage".
If you are runing into bullet spongey enemies, you are doing something wrong.

Even at level 140+, a modded, non legendary, plasma rifle can kill most enemies in a flash.

You literally have to try in Fallout 4 to not do enough damage to kill shit, even the max level shit, in an instant
>>
>>172185282
How do you make the game harder? I'm playing on very hard but i don't wanna bother with walking and survival.
>>
I had a mod author tell me that I have a mod installed that hogs resources and causes scripts to get queued

Is there any way to find out which mod is causing this, or to show scripts running in my game right now?
>>
why the fuck does MacCready become hostile if I kill some no name chem dealer? What the absolute fuck is wrong with this game?
>>
>>172186692
That's his son.
>>
File: Fallout4 2017-01-04 04-17-30-23.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2017-01-04 04-17-30-23.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>172185282
>You literally have to try in Fallout 4 to not do enough damage to kill shit, even the max level shit, in an instant

Super mutant Overlords are the definite exception
>>
>>172186167
its called
gamebryo
>>
>>172186753
>Trish is his son
>>
File: fallout_4_companions_strong.jpg (155KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
fallout_4_companions_strong.jpg
155KB, 854x480px
>"Strong not understand why humans fight other humans?"
Well? Super mutants at least are unified, whats humanities excuse?
>>
>>172166672
Neat
>>
File: Faceeater_Squig.jpg (94KB, 465x537px) Image search: [Google]
Faceeater_Squig.jpg
94KB, 465x537px
>>172190723

I'd like super mutants more if they were like 40 orks. ALWAYS doing dumb shit and fighting each other, or doing stupid dares like "Who can eat a live mirelurk hatchling" or "Wrestle that Yao Gaui"
>>
Anyone know if any animators are working on proper bow or crossbow animations?
>>
>Strong is a pedophile
Holy shit
TALK TO NAT WITH STRONG IN YOUR PARTY
>>
>>172191197
That would be bad. 40k Orks are all low level psykers. They paint vehicles red because they believe that will make them move faster. Then they actually move faster because Orks believe it enough.
>>
File: graygardentradingpost.jpg (946KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
graygardentradingpost.jpg
946KB, 1920x2160px
Sometimes the smallest things can have the biggest impact. I never liked these stupid trading posts. But this one actually looks like it is a part of the world.

Now, I just have to come up with ideas for all the other trading posts.
>>
>>172191458

I meant more in the general stupidity and infighting aspects
>>
>>172164889
Arthmoor lost his shit and the unofficial patch breaks as much as it fixes.
>>
>>172187672
It was the same way in New Vegas.

I even installed a bunch of mods to make the game harder, even IWS, and it was still a cakewalk. That's how the 3D fallout games are, dude.
>>
File: Legion Assassins.png (102KB, 2479x1734px) Image search: [Google]
Legion Assassins.png
102KB, 2479x1734px
>>172192940

Oh I know. I think the worst example of level scaling damage sponges were Legion assassins. They got a lot worse from what I remembered when I started the game up again.

I'm armed to the teeth with a GRA AMR with exploding .50bmg shots.

>8-9 HEADSHOTS per assassin to kill them

I bought a Fatman just to deal with those fucks
>>
>>172193445
I'm saying that New Vegas was easy as fuck even with the level scaling, actually.

Although the legion assassins WERE the only thing that gave me trouble in the game.
>>
>>172191736
>Arthmoor lost his shit
What?

> and the unofficial patch breaks as much as it fixes.
No it doesn't. it broke literally all of one thing which they fixed
>>
>>172193778

I remember killing dog-head guy in Nipton on my second playthrough on the spot.

>30 minutes later assassins out the ass
>Level 12 with Thermic lance and a bunch of really strong gear several reloads later
>>
>>172193987

I think Arthmoor deleted all his mods because Trump became president.

Although I'm probably thinking of someone else. Might've been Appolodown.
>>
>>172194170
>Although I'm probably thinking of someone else. Might've been Appolodown.
It was appolodownsyndrome
>>
File: Fallout4_2017-03-26_23-57-18.jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2017-03-26_23-57-18.jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
>>172191584
I always try to make the stuff I construct look like it fits the world, but I'm still working on getting better at that.

I still need to decorate this a lot more.
>>
Anyone try out the mods on PS4? I borrowed a copy from my friend just to give it a try and started looking at the mods today. Any recommendations? I know they can only do so much being on console but I found a couple bug fix mods and a sound mod that I liked so I figured I'd give them a chance.
>>
>>172193987
>What?
He narrowed it down to the unofficial patch covering the base game and ALL DLC rather than separate patches.

>No it doesn't
Yes, it does. Many people are having problems that are caused by the unofficial patch on clean saves with no other mods present.

>it broke literally all of one thing which they fixed
Do you have any idea how many things have been fixed since the first unofficial patch?
Clearly not, since many more things have been broken since then.
>>
File: zimonjastart.jpg (765KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
zimonjastart.jpg
765KB, 2560x1600px
>>172194571
I like the cars as part of the wall. That's a great fit for a settlement beneath the highway. I might try something like this to shield Finch Farm from the super mutants at the satellite array.

Here's my last attempt at Zimonja. Shortly before I gave up on that save.
>>
File: Fallout4 2017-03-27 17-03-34-89.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2017-03-27 17-03-34-89.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>thristy
>feral ghouls on my ass
>too exhausted to run
>low on ammunition
>stuck in in a radiation storm looking for a bed
>listening to "Its all over" on the radio

now this is atmosphere
>>
>>172193445
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35037/?
>>
Are the numbers on the vault suit textured on the suit itself

Lets say i wanted to make a "custom" vaultsuit eg 108 how would i go around making one
>>
>>172195562
its a seperate mesh, I think the same as the gold band that goes up the front and around the neck
>>
>>172195562
You'd have to make a new texture for the whole suit. There are a bunch of empty templates available, though.
>>
>>172195743
Really? They are no longer just a texture? That's convenient.
>>
>>172195743
>>172195797
Neat
>>
File: 1451348280242.jpg (245KB, 568x864px) Image search: [Google]
1451348280242.jpg
245KB, 568x864px
>game tells me I'm thirsty
>big text right on my screen, no way to misread or misinterpret
>go have sex with my waifu, even get a "Lover's Embrace" perk for doing so
>doesn't cure me of my thirstyness
????
>>
>>172195915
It's because they're different materials.
>>
>>172195247
>He narrowed it down to the unofficial patch covering the base game and ALL DLC rather than separate patches.
He did the same thing with Skyrim, and said from the get go he would do it with Fallout 4 also.

>Yes, it does. Many people are having problems that are caused by the unofficial patch on clean saves with no other mods present.
and 99% of those time those people saying they have no other mods have mods

>Do you have any idea how many things have been fixed since the first unofficial patch?
That THEY broke? one
>>
File: Fallout4_2017-03-27_00-37-48.jpg (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2017-03-27_00-37-48.jpg
291KB, 1920x1080px
>>172195338
I always try to make walls look as natural as possible, and what do natural walls need? A good ground area, supports, and no openings. I use cars for structures a bit, and sometimes containers. That settlement looks great by the way, I like it a lot. It looks like a little miniature town.

Did a bit more decorating, it's getting there.
>>
File: vault81school.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vault81school.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
The teacher and the kids in Vault 81 actually have some "educational" lines to use when class is in progress. Today they learned the difference between matter and energy.
>>
>>172198918
Yeah, the only thing that gives that bitch energy is my dick, and that's all that matters
>>
>>172197332
>and 99% of those time those people saying they have no other mods have mods
Would you believe me, If i said No Mods?
>>
>>172199097
There will be so many pictures of her getting fucked in front of, or by, the children if we ever get a proper sex mod for FO4.
>>
>>172199276

You mean like this?

http://hatenewspapers.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=263
>>
File: ThanksToOP.jpg (179KB, 830x467px) Image search: [Google]
ThanksToOP.jpg
179KB, 830x467px
Anyone got a 30k era plasma blaster gun mod by chance?
>>
File: Fallout4_2017-03-27_01-22-19.jpg (669KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2017-03-27_01-22-19.jpg
669KB, 1920x1080px
>>172197332
Here's another settlement I'm working on currently, tenpines bluff. I'm liking how it's coming along so far.
>>
>>172200176
Can you link your lewd robot mod
>>
File: Fallout4_2017-03-27_01-23-26.jpg (521KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2017-03-27_01-23-26.jpg
521KB, 1920x1080px
>>172200643
Another angle.
>>
File: lq139Fw.jpg (21KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
lq139Fw.jpg
21KB, 504x415px
>>172200176
>>
>>172200643
What adds sandbags like that?
>>
File: Fallout4_2017-03-27_01-22-52.jpg (594KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2017-03-27_01-22-52.jpg
594KB, 1920x1080px
>>172200958
Homemaker.

You find it here on the settlement menus:
Homemaker >Fences > Misc. Fences > Sandbags
>>
File: 1477791597018.jpg (48KB, 480x818px) Image search: [Google]
1477791597018.jpg
48KB, 480x818px
>>172200176
Get
the
cross
>>
File: bridgewaytrustsafe.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bridgewaytrustsafe.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
Got gold troubles? Try Bridgeway Trust in Downtown. At least 40 gold, behind a master locked terminal.
I got 48, this time.

>>172200643
>>172200803
I hate the shack in Tenpines. It would be so much easier to do something believable with it if it was not on a mound of dirt.
My current plan is to build a larger structure around it, and somehow hide the dirt. Either by embedding it in foundation pieces, or by covering it with walls.
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-15 21-15-57-51.jpg (377KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-15 21-15-57-51.jpg
377KB, 1920x1080px
>haven't lurked the archives in a couple of months
>ctrl+f my name for some lulz
>see buffscale boogey-maning me 2 years later
I gotta say I'm impressed, and laughing really hard.

I do wonder why that happened though and I'm too lazy to read the context. Can someone fill me in?
>>
File: 1487809679102.png (88KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487809679102.png
88KB, 1024x1024px
>>172199276
>>172200176
>synthcest
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-01-06 00-01-03-11.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-01-06 00-01-03-11.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
>>172200176
You're really paranoid about me lately. Did something happen lately?
>>
>>172201542
>>172202165
>Implying it wasn't you
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-12-01 15-46-29-19.jpg (325KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-12-01 15-46-29-19.jpg
325KB, 1920x1080px
>>172202317
I was looking for context, what exactly happened? I literally only post with images and I think I've posted here twice since 2015, asking about mobile suit mods because what the fuck are modders doing.

This is kind of depressing though, Buffscale has literally gone insane.

>I think the fact that I can rig models now really fucked with him, he's losing any last trace of composure that he used to have. Rigging models was like the only sort of modding he ever did in /tesg/, and even then, it was mainly hats and stuff like mustaches...and my learning of it I'm pretty sure has shaken him to the core, judging by his past actions and current actions. Especially since the day when he begrudgingly asked for help with OS, and then throwing a temper tantrum when he couldn't get it to work.

>For the longest time I didn't even think it was him doing all this shit, the way he would do all of the shit he's done anonymously, and I'd think to myself "Not even Izzy is this pathetic" or "That shit was so long ago, I really really doubt this is him." If Izzy was going to insult me, he usually did it and let everyone KNOW it was him...but now I have found it was him all along after he accidentally exposed himself and began deleting his posts in another thread. Its honestly a bit sad, I've always heard he had a mental illness, and his behavior lately only nails that in so much harder.

What even is OS? This is next level paranoia and I congratulate the false-flagger but I'm curious as to what happened.
>>
>>172201542
>>172202165
Someone is posting just like you and posting Halofarm's facebook photos out of spite, while also constantly harassing Buffscale. They may be trying to make you look bad.
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-15 20-28-00-83.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-15 20-28-00-83.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
>>172202552
>Halofarm's facebook photos out of spite
What's he look like? I always wondered since he has a nice voice.

It seems like they're doing a good job lmao. Does he post my pics?
>>
>>172202552

Halofarm also told me it was a 99% chance of being him, after some shit that happened between them on Steam. What happened, I don't have a clue, but he said he blocked him, so it must have been pretty shitty. They used to be friends.

He said something along the lines of "There's only one autist that comes to mind when I think of someone that would post someone's IRL pictures in the threads. Doesn't bother me though lol"
>>
File: Fallout4_2017-03-27_02-02-50.jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2017-03-27_02-02-50.jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
>>172201516
I dislike the broken building more. I hate that thing. I wish you could completely scrap them.

Gonna take a bit until this looks natural.
>>
>>172202885
Nothing happened between him and I, I still dunno why he blocked me which was 4 years ago now but I've never had his pictures nor posted any tesg friends pics in threads, and I have a lot of them. This seems like a mystery, we have a double agent on our hands.

Anyway it's cute you're falling for some baiter just like old times but it's not me. You can calm down with the weird posts it's kind of creeping me out.
>>
File: Fallout4_2017-03-27_02-09-47.jpg (334KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2017-03-27_02-09-47.jpg
334KB, 1920x1080px
>>172202896
Actually, I think removing the gravel fixed it quite a bit.
>>
File: TenPinesStructure.jpg (588KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TenPinesStructure.jpg
588KB, 1920x1080px
>>172202896
I find it relatively easy to glitch something inside or around that ruin. Just takes a bit of patience. The only big annoyance with it is that you can't put a door into the opening. The wall has to remain almost completely open for NPCs to pass through it.
>>
File: tenpineskitchen.jpg (418KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tenpineskitchen.jpg
418KB, 1920x1080px
>>172203338
The inside, as it currently looks.
>>
File: 1310497836236.png (386KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
1310497836236.png
386KB, 667x670px
Are there any mods that help F4become more of a loot n shoot?

I want to play it, but every time I think about the fucking downtime of all the dumbshit individual parts and crafting and stuff on my guns I don't reinstall.

I just want to progress through the world, not be carrying a bunch of fucking glue to get a shitty sight.

Anything that makes enemies drop mods or something?
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-14 21-40-58-66.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-14 21-40-58-66.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>172203435
post your waifu, protip you won't.

>>172203610
Yes actually.
>>
>>172203610
They already do. The mods are just attached to their weapons.
>>
File: Fallout4_2017-03-27_02-15-35.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2017-03-27_02-15-35.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>>172203464
Awww man, see, I wish I had the patience and attention to detail for that. Mostly patience.

I can't really be bothered with that little stuff. I especially hate how it moves around on it's own if you knock into it and stuff.
>>
File: NoraFO4.png (924KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
NoraFO4.png
924KB, 850x850px
>>172203649

???
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-17 01-40-49-33.jpg (567KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-17 01-40-49-33.jpg
567KB, 1920x1080px
>>172203829
1/5 shit tier. Looks like a generic NPC.
>>
>>172203172

If that person wasn't you, he's got your mannerisms down perfectly, and has been doing it consistently for over a year. He then "pretended" to slip up and reveal himself to be you, and begin deleting his posts. That is some next level trolling....and it makes it kinda hard to believe you.

If its not actually you, he's managed to fool Halofarm and a whole lot of other people that seem to think you still have some sort of vendetta, because I'd get messages by people on Steam when they saw him posting saying "Dude Izzy's still fucking mad."
>>
How do I make Dixie my companion?
>>
>>172203907
Could be someone's desperate to spark up another mega shitstorm.
>>
>>172203907
>>172204135
>>172203874

cringe
>>
File: DixieDress.jpg (392KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DixieDress.jpg
392KB, 2560x1600px
>>172203769
You want OCDecorator for static clutter. And CREAtive Clutter for premade clutter bouquets. These two alone make a world of difference for decorations. There are also a bunch of other nice mods with decorated furniture and clutter bouquets.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4270/?

>>172203913
Good question. Pleas share your results if you succeed.
>>
File: 3dsmax 2015-12-06 23-24-11-82.webm (944KB, 864x488px) Image search: [Google]
3dsmax 2015-12-06 23-24-11-82.webm
944KB, 864x488px
>>172203907
Since this is getting off-topic I sent you a friend request pls respond ;)

>>172204293
I give your waifu a 2/5 not good, not good at all.
>>
>>172193778

you never give a list of mods and a definition on what makes it ez.

I have mods installed and even on level 25 , if i am at the wrong spot i may die.

Probably you are one of those dudes that only plays vanilla and walks with power armor and 5 different weapons and doesnt have a rebalance patch

committ suicide faggot.
>>
>>172204397
That's a vanilla NPC. Thanks for trying, though.
>>
>>172194056
there s a mod that fixes that
also
>not able to deal with the consequences
no wonder fo4 is ur type of game
>>
>>172204293
Does OCDecorator cause your save not to load if you uninstall it though?
>>
File: star bokeh.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
star bokeh.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>172204475
np, if you ever need a rating just let me know.
>>
>>172204293
>Please share your results if you succeed.

Downloading Sharing and Caring Companions off nexus, someone in the comment section mentioned it worked for named DLC characters. Wish me luck.
>>
>>172204534
I'm pretty sure mods can fix most balance issues if done right, FNV or FO4. Quit getting triggered.
>>
>>172204534
gee i sure wish i could deal with the consequences of my endgame choice in new vegas

instead you cant continue past the last story mission and you have to reload a save, and the only way to fix it is with mods

like everything else in new vegas that you have to fix with mods

lmao
>>
>>172204546
It shouldn't. The stuff you place with it will just disappear.

>>172204794
She has some random encounters in the Commonwealth, after the MQ of Nuka World. I am curious to hear how SCC will handle those.
>>
File: Fallout4 2017-03-27 00-02-34-85.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2017-03-27 00-02-34-85.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
WHY ISNT MY PLASMA CASTER RECEIVER UPGRADE MODEL SHOWING UP

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>172205876
is this for the enclave mod?
>>
>>172205876
Because you are doing it wrong.
>>
Alright I think I convinced Buffscale it wasn't me shitposting up a storm, so I hope you believe me too.

Wasn't me. I only rate waifus and contribute mod information while posting dank screenshots like this. Or bait people in long winded posts followed by very rapid replies making sure I get as many (me)'s as possible. Don't bully me any longer it hurts my feelings.
>>
>>172206028

No. This is a standalone heavy plasma weapon mod.
>>
>>172179464
>old system was garbage
>"for a large number of reasons" which is the only reason you give and it actually isn't an argument

At least without that simplified skill tree bullshit you could pick exactly what you want as long as you had invested enough into the actual skill.

It was good.

The only complaint about perks in NV would be that some of the melee / unarmed ones required you to have high points in both skills instead of just either
>>
File: 2016-01-09_00003.jpg (389KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-09_00003.jpg
389KB, 1920x1080px
>>172206395
>while posting dank screenshots like this
>it's a webm
>>
>>172206537
Yes, you're starting to understand me and I you.

Maybe we can be friends?
>>
File: 20170327005429_1.jpg (601KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170327005429_1.jpg
601KB, 2560x1440px
Did you kill him /fog/?
>>
>>172182261
Sure dude what kind of mod are you looking for?

I'm fairly sure I can recommend you a lot of stuff with 5 years of NV mod usage experience.
>>
File: Bear Country.jpg (590KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Bear Country.jpg
590KB, 1680x1050px
Assuming New Vegas 2 ever really is a thing, how do you think Obsidian would handle Salvaged NCR PA in Fallout 4's engine?

Would the NCR just have near super mutant sized troopers wearing it?
>>
File: 20170317102424_1.jpg (355KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170317102424_1.jpg
355KB, 1920x1080px
*swoons*
>>
>>172206404
Will you be adding it into that mod? In the discord people said that someone is working on adding plasma weapons onto robots and sentries along with been able to upgrade those weapons at the weapons workbench before attaching them to robots and sentries.

they also said that it worked both ways and could be removed and attached relatively easy.

is this not your mod?
>>
>>172208082

Nope. I was going to also make plasma caster robot arms, though.

But I'm feeling lazy and just wanna finish this shit in the basics first. I'm starting to fear I can't change the receiver model via upgrades.
>>
File: 20170327034246_1.jpg (314KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170327034246_1.jpg
314KB, 1280x1024px
>>172207913
no fusion cores and limited plating to maximize mobility

the concept only really worked because of how power armor was in 3/NV game anyway
>>
>>172208326

Oh wait, I'm tired and not reading posts that well lol

Yes I said I was going to add these weapons to robots. But I'm not sure if it was my mod they're referring to.
>>
>>172208612
Would you be so kind to add the ability to add weapons you've found to robots? as that sounds kinda awesome.

I'd rather a fully upgraded plasma caster than a stock one.
>>
File: pascal-bjornsson.png (492KB, 636x485px) Image search: [Google]
pascal-bjornsson.png
492KB, 636x485px
>>172208475
Yes but there was always a lore point on power armor in both those games that it made figures "hulking" even if the actual effect wasn't well represented in-game due to engine constraints. Obsidian also approached the game with the knowledge that in most games power armor added about a foot of height and the proportions were well above and beyond what most normal humans could walk around in comfortably with all of its hydraulics or other mechanical bits removed.

Even reshaping the metal to fit a smaller frame, I think there's this unspoken suggestion that NCR Heavy Troopers must be some really strong men/women just to manage it, especially while also toting weapons such as lmg's, miniguns, and super sledges.
>>
File: 2.webm (3MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
2.webm
3MB, 1280x800px
Well fucking hell.

I think I'm just going to make the three different receiver types I made just cosmetic variants you can make. They don't seem to be replacing the receiver at all, even when I set it up perfectly following Niero's guide.

I guess people would prefer cosmetic options anyway. I'll still make the various receiver upgrades I was gonna make, but this kinda bums me out. Ah well.
>>
File: Armor.webm (3MB, 760x754px) Image search: [Google]
Armor.webm
3MB, 760x754px
>>172208785

Oh, that wasn't my mod.

Also no fuck that.

I thought about making it so you could build Gen 2 synths in Automatron though. So you can put them in power armor and give them guns of your choice.
>>
>>172209080
You know what's bizarre? Assaultrons can fit into Power Armor.

I know from experience, I just wanted a companion that could fire lasers from their head while carrying heavy weapons.

I never got past the testing stage but it works more or less.
>>
>>172185042
Level caps are great, you're wrong.
>>
File: 377160_20170326150911_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20170326150911_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>172208935
are you using a dummy receiver or your gun's base mesh in the weapon?
>>
>>172207913
What mod is this image from? I get a Half-Life 2 vibe from the background.
>>
>>172209560

Base mesh.

Funny you should mention that, I just deleted the mesh from the gun model box to see what would happen. Do I need to find a mesh called Dummyreceiver?
>>
File: 20170322024950_1.jpg (800KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170322024950_1.jpg
800KB, 1920x1080px
>>172149891
well i finally got poses to work in new vegas. what do now? is this the end of me playing seriously?
>>
File: 377160_20170326044631_1.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20170326044631_1.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>172209669
Yeah, most guns use an empty dummy receiver and then attach the basemesh to it through a OMOD.
>>
>>172209762
>finally got poses to work
>is this the end of me playing seriously

What do you mean finally? Do you have to use them manually or what? If that's not the end of your serious playing, this will be:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42528/?
>>
>>172209450
>Assaultrons can fit into Power Armor.
I really want to know if this is true.
>>
File: Fallout4 2017-03-27 03-17-56-22.jpg (822KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2017-03-27 03-17-56-22.jpg
822KB, 2560x1600px
>>172209897

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Thanks Niero. I really coulda swore I tried this before and no matter what I did it just gave me the vanilla gatling laser.

I think this covers about all my technical issues, I might have this wrapped up soon now.

:D

Oh but I do have one question. When I place these in the world, how do I have "Standard" sets on them? They'll just be invisible. Or if you spawn one in via console, it will be invisible until you put a receiver on it.
>>
>>172209762
>>172210070
And since the links are broken and redirect to the nexus home page I'll post all the actual animation and pose packs for this

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/634/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35825/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38356/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42913/?
>>
>>172210323
yeah, i have that which is what i was using. its really great.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (56KB, 605x712px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
56KB, 605x712px
>>172210186
This stuff at the bottom of each weapon record. Every time a weapon is generated it picks a combination from that data and assembles the gun with those attachments, the ground object will work the same way.
>>
>>172210910
Hey Niero, since you apparently actually do commissioned work for Fallout 4, what do you charge for outfits?
>>
>>172210910

Ah, I see. Yeah the CK has that nowhere, but I see it now, in Xedit.

This is the only thing I can see that Xedit has that the CK doesn't, but damn if its not an important part. Thanks again.
>>
>>172211524
xEdit is best
>>
File: object template.jpg (315KB, 1680x1000px) Image search: [Google]
object template.jpg
315KB, 1680x1000px
>>172211524
>>
>>172211934

Oh wow, never would have thought to look there.

Thanks. I thought I'd have to edit quests and shit to get this to work, like making a unique legendary.
>>
File: 377160_20170322011203_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20170322011203_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>172211505
Most the outfits I've done have taken upwards of 20-30 hours, so extrapolate from there.

>>172211524
It's in there, as >>172211934 points out. Its a huge pain in the ass to pick and choose omods though. Then again everything is a pain in the ass in the editor compared to xEdit.
>>
File: 1490431670930.gif (649KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490431670930.gif
649KB, 300x300px
>>172212149
you're welcome. it took me forever to find it myself.
>>
File: Fallout4 2017-03-27 04-07-23-00.webm (740KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2017-03-27 04-07-23-00.webm
740KB, 1280x800px
Aaaand the barrels align differently for my other receivers.

Great.

Maybe I should get some sleep.
>>
>>172212708

Take a load of this guy, he sleeps instead of modding a shit game for 20 hours straight, lmao.
>>
fugg, approaching nuka transit crashes my game. shouldn't that all be fixed now if i'm updated? the only info i cant find is day 1 compatibility shit.
>>
>>172212908

oh, it seems that pleasant UI got abandoned a long time ago, so i guess it was never fixed...

what UI mod should i use guys?
>>
>>172213338
DEF_UI
>>
>>172212908
>>172212708
I keep thinking it doesn't match fallout style.
>>
>>172213509
it doesn't, that's why; it's too OTT for no real reason
>>
>>172213509
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uORfwJ0-SGM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uORfwJ0-SGM

Terran Empire is what you want, it's the most dark star trek timeline there is.
>>
File: turbo.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
turbo.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>172213509
>doesn't match fallout style
>>
YIPPEE YAY

THERE'LL BE NO WEDDING BELLS FOR TODAY
>>
>>172213603
>it doesn't, that's why; it's too OTT for no real reason
Yeah, I thought the same it's a mod so who cares?
>>
>>172214042
oh, it's a mod, so the only feedback should be that akin to what you'd see in GUN i.e. a hugbox

sorry, didn't get that memo, nu-chan
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-03-25 04-36-13-62.jpg (666KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-03-25 04-36-13-62.jpg
666KB, 2560x1600px
>>172213509

I thought the same thing about several of FO4's weapons desu

Like this thing. And the """"""assault"""""" """""""rifle"""""""""
>>
>>172214169
I'm sorry, Clearly i've hit a nerve. I'll say no more.
>>
File: 1445839890931.png (437KB, 964x690px) Image search: [Google]
1445839890931.png
437KB, 964x690px
>>172149891
Haven't been here in a while, what happened to /cfog/?
>>
>>172169854
I never go there anymore. I explored what I could but the fps is shit, and I even have a somewhat high-end PC.
>>
File: post750+.jpg (273KB, 1487x682px) Image search: [Google]
post750+.jpg
273KB, 1487x682px
>>172214619
ded

/v/ made some retarded NV generals thereafter, because they got kicked out of /v/ and didn't want to post here as they're safe-space craving goons, but they quickly faded away again
>>
>>172214619
ded and gone
>>
>>172214669
>a somewhat high-end PC
I doubt it if your frames are shit, my man

let me guess, you've got a 1070, but you're still rocking slow-as-balls DDR3 RAM?
>>
>>172214169
You mean the power armor rifle/vickers heavy machine gun.
>>
>>172214979
>PA gun
>"normal" 5.56mm ballistic weapon
I know you're not wrong, but it's still silly
>>
File: 1476493308872.jpg (530KB, 1242x1660px) Image search: [Google]
1476493308872.jpg
530KB, 1242x1660px
>>172214695
>>172214724
Well you guys won't mind me nvposting, will you?
>>
>>172215040
Why they did't just keep the FO3 ones I don't know.
>>
File: 64UBrq.jpg (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
64UBrq.jpg
1MB, 1440x900px
>>172215234
no and only a handful of '''''''''''''''''us''''''''''''''''''''''' go out of their way to b8 and shitpost to trigger nv fans who then b8 and shitpost to trigger 3/4 fans
>>
So is the minigun supposed to the be the default gun for PA soldiers?
>>
how many scavenger stations should i have to produce enough junk for factories + normal settlement building?
>>
>>172215261
because they needed a fuckhjuge gun to go along with the fuckhuge power armor, and, I'm not against it but there stil should have been one for non power armor users and less pipeshit
>>172215406
minigun, '''''''''''assault''''''''''''''''rifle, laser rifle, rofket launcher, flamer
>>
>>172215406
Yes unless their in Canada in which case its a 10mm pistol.
>>
>>172215464
>assault rifle
>laser rifle
Kinda dumb not to take advantage of the PA's extra strength, desu.

>>172215482
Probably a sidearm, c'mon.
>>
>>172215576
All you need for executing rebellious leafs.
>>
File: 20170327043604_1.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170327043604_1.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
>>172190723
super mutants aren't remotely unified outside of the commonwealth.

i imagine the only thing uniting them in the commonwealth is bethesda's writing / having so many enemies that you can't really afford to hate eachother

>>172191197
Same.

>>172191458
Why would that be bad? As long as Bethesda doesn't explain /why/ their tech works, that could be fucking hilarious. you'd just see random psychic super mutants, and they'd be the only clue.

which is par for the course, because psychic powers are canon anyway.
>>
>>172158989
You are a liar and a catamite. High angle guns care not for elevation and having the gun set up near sea level makes compensating for altitude of the target much simpler. Please insert a gerbil into thine own asshole.
>>
>>172215737
>Glowing Sea
Finally explore the sea, Its not as big as imagine nor is there much content within it.
>>
File: IMG_6557.jpg (1MB, 1536x2044px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6557.jpg
1MB, 1536x2044px
>>172215576
The "assault rifle" in FO4 was purpose-built for PA.
>>
Hello, some people helped here me a bit with getting mods running again as i have recently wanted to play again and had problems. I am using mod organizer now and did what someone said which was delete the appdata folders which i have done and is fine so far.

Mod organizer still seems to think my mods are there though and i don't know where its pulling them from so im just going to reinstall them all; would there be any issues since its says its giving them a different name thinking they are already installed or should it be fine?
>>
File: IMG_20170327_113144.jpg (951KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170327_113144.jpg
951KB, 3264x1836px
>tfw your close friend/roommate gets you the best impromptu gift

Hnnnnng today is a good day
>>
>>172216151
Check MO's data folder, check Fallout's Data folder for the .esp files, check your plugins.ini and go from there.
I remember Mod Organizer being shit for that, as well, but there should be ways to clean it up.
>>
File: IMG_20170327_113529.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170327_113529.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>172216236
>>
File: IMG_20170327_113508.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170327_113508.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>172216295
>>172216236
Time to play IRL caravan with NV themed cards!
>>
>>172216103
Is there a mod that replaces it with a proper LMG? I don't care if it's tryhard edgelord operator shit at this point.
>>
>>172216286
ah yeah there are previous files in the data folder, any easy way to clean them out or will i have to be careful on what i delete.
>>
>>172216048
I wonder if Glowing Sea was a relatively late addition from feedback that "they" wanted it to be more """"post-apocalyptic""""

also, there's absolutely no reason for you to be namefagging, faggot
>>
>>172210639
Plus you can use it on NPCs

I use Project Ultimatum and when enemies surrender I make them dance for me in good ol' Western fashion
>>
>>172158253
>>172158647
Far Harbor is the only good part of Fallout 4.

Nukaworld has been the bane of my existence for the last 25 hours of gameplay and convinced me that Todd Howard doesnt deserve to use computers.
>>
>>172217184
>from feedback that "they" wanted it to be more """"post-apocalyptic""""

What feedback? It just seem like a whole lot of nothing with exception to the flight. I was honestly expecting there to be a city flatten and some explanation as to what nuke had hit it?

As the one at the start was small, but that to do that much damage must of been huge.

>>172217184
>also, there's absolutely no reason for you to be namefagging, faggot
I wouldn't say that, I wouldn't say that at all.
>>
>>172160852
Not really, if you just tell them to leave, they walk, if you use one of the terminals, than they teleport.

This was a big problem at launch where they would wander for days or get stuck in a fight and the NPCs they were fighting would despawn.
>>
>>172217331
>was honestly expecting there to be [...] some explanation as to what nuke had hit it?
a namefag who is a retard, how unsurprising

it hit (very near to) the military site in charge for the Commonwealth's detection systems and payload
>>
>>172214843
Well fuck me. I'm not him, but you sure as fuck pinned my situation down to a science.

Thing is, I can actually get a solid 136fps in F4 when vsync is turned off, the problem comes with the game being too unstable to actually support smooth running.

Its fucking wild, some days it runs at 100+, others it can barely keep 30.
>>
>>172217331
I always figured the Glowing Sea was that bad because a nuke had it the reactor, and it being a dumb Fallout game, well.
>>
>>172183283
I did this on accident.

When I saw the fucker turn off my son I went ballistic and shot that place the fuck up.
>>
>>172217507
is the only variable behind-the-scenes however many programs you have running/web browser tabs you have open?
>>
File: Fallout4 2017-03-27 05-52-15-20.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2017-03-27 05-52-15-20.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>172217689

Father's an idiot desu for doing that

>"Oh this kid you thought was your son? Yeah I just turned him off"

An angry parent could instantly jump to the conclusion that this fuck was experimenting on your child for a decade.

>>172212773
>>172212708

I fixed it!

>>172213509

Oh don't worry, I haven't even done textures yet. Imagine this, but change all the green to shiny chrome, keep yellow paint as-is, and change other bits to copper coloring.
>>
>>172214843
/g/ told me I didn't need DDR4
>>
>>172218020
well /g/ lied

i'm still stuck with meme tier 8gib x1600mhz
>>
>>172218020
/g/ are fucking poor and hate video games, hence the 'shit laptop is all you need' ""meme""
>>
Now that I've finally got most of the framework laid out, I can probably knock everything out in maybe the next week or so.
>>
>>172218068
>tfw 2x16GB 3200MHz

feels like I never think about my RAM ever
>>
And now for some bloatfly bullying
>>
>>172218114
Are you still going to do the cosmetic barrel thing?
Now that you mentioned it I realised that it'd be neat.
>>
>>172218220
>>
>>172218336

Maybe. Now that I know how to implement it, it wouldn't be that hard.

I'd probably just do it for the receivers, since the barrels are all wildly different.

Now its time 4 bed
>>
>>172217528
>>172217429
Honestly haven't progress far into the game, but thanks for the hint.

Found that site and figure they missed considering the massive crater.
>>
>>172205876
Don't know why, but that gun looks like something from Overwatch.
>>
>>172216643
Just have to do it one by one, go by the mods on your list you want out.
>>
>>172218961
can mod organizer delete the files, ive tried but i can't see how, i was able to remove them from that main window but the files are a still there and appear in the load order window
>>
>>172219918
You should be able to uncheck them and right click to remove.
>>
>>172220061
all the windows that show my mods list don't have remove on right click, the right side window has enable/disable all and the left window brings up a 'all mods' text that gives me multiple choices but none are remove
>>
>>172217870
Nope, its not CPU/RAM usage dependent.

I've been working to try and pin it down, and have hours of wasted footage where I basically devolve into troubleshooting why this shit keeps happening.

However, I have seem some indications that it may be related to different process that are running.

One possible, but not perfect, idea is that Flash and visual applications like it seem to take processing (not cpu processing mind you) priority over the Fallout 4 executable. But again, I havent been able to find a way to monitor the resource (read gpu cycle) usage of different applications and processes in real time. If you know a way to do this I'd be grateful if you shared it.

More to add later, I'll post some of the videos where I do troubleshooting later if anyone's interested.
>>
Crickety-cricket is love.
>>
Anyone got a trello link for enclave rapture?
>>
File: spurdo.png (117KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.png
117KB, 1024x749px
Hi where are the New Vegas blayers :D

All on /v/?
>>
>>172223991
here still

theres not much to talk about in NV though, aside from the continued arguing over what ending is the best(independent)

and /v/ threads have a tendency to get pruned now
>>
>>172224156
We could begin with any or all of

>favorite companion mods
>favorite house mods
>new mods
>favorite / new quest mods
>gunfu
>post your courier
>playthrough builds (and which mods are necessary for each playthrough)
>DUST?
>rare mods such as GUN ones
>the OWB mod from yesterday's /v/ thread
>mod ideas and development (I could even cook up a mod on request since I have free time now, so long as it's not scripting heavy as I kinda suck at that)
>>
File: Fallout4_2017_03_26_21_06_55_614.jpg (979KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2017_03_26_21_06_55_614.jpg
979KB, 1920x1080px
After a looong quest chain ( none of this " 2 quests and you are the boss" shit ) you got to :

>Minuteman - You become general with options to customize gear of your fellow MM's, handle their training ( hiring trainers etc ), produce salvage equipment etc
>Railroad - you recieve infiltrator training that allows you to disguise as people. That allows you to spy on people, opens up unique quests, confuse raiders and pretend to be their boss etc.
>Brotherhood - you get access to Vertibird CAS, Vertibird transport, BoS armoury with unique Power Armours, healthy dose of heavy guns, unique ones too and limited ability to command squad in the field
>Institute - ability to perform some fucked up experiments, breeding hybrids, chaging your companions faces and builds ( if affinity high enough ), Synth hit squads, making Synth lovers/bodyguards/settlers.

Here, i just thought that one out while riding a bike from work.

Fucking Bethesda and their mortal fear of players missing some unique features and repeated playthroughs.

>>172224156
>responding to a poor bait
>>
>>172224342

So what are you waiting for?
>>
>>172224342
how about
>I have sunk 550 hours into new vegas, completed every ending twice, 100% achievements, and I'm completely burned out and I'm this close to buying the FO4 dlc and modding that because I feel like I cannot enjoy New Vegas anymore even though its my all time favourite game
asking for a friend ha ha
>>
File: 51.jpg (428KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
428KB, 2560x1080px
>>172224360
That's too much work. FO4 already made a billion shekels.
>>
>>172224627
Not really.
Literally all of those things require some scripts, couple of models and few lines of dialogue.

There are fucking mods that allow you to do stuff similar to that.
>>
>>172224415
Well here goes: play my mod http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59896/?

Also here's a little something from /v/'s NV thread yesterday: https://mega.nz/#!WYcUyTLA!QMat_ZDBTIBL2NIt3BU1UveA9IMOQnE-Q8v__K5XXno

What this is, is people were criticizing OWB for having Big Bang Theory-tier humor or "being too bazinga" if you would, so what resulted was a mod that changes the Sonic Emitter's firing sound to "bazinga" and gives it a funny name
>>
>>172224567
Yeah I've been playing since December 2011 and I just kept a year break and now the fire's burning bright again
>>
File: fancy lad snack cakes.jpg (150KB, 800x646px) Image search: [Google]
fancy lad snack cakes.jpg
150KB, 800x646px
Is there some sort of idiot's guide for quickly adjusting companion stats in GECK?

I'm playing New Vegas on a difficulty that makes even the 900 HP Lily explode immediately in most extensive gun battles.
>>
File: butthead.jpg (27KB, 291x463px) Image search: [Google]
butthead.jpg
27KB, 291x463px
>>172224737
that looks like a blast. definitely checking it out when I play NV again.

>>172224567
>haven't played new vegas since the night 4 launched
>on a different computer now
>don't want to go through the hassle of setting up mods for it again
>>
>>172225024
>actor tab
>npc tab
>stats tab
>edit base health to whatever you want
>?????
>profit?
>>
File: 20170131101808_1.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170131101808_1.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
>>172223068
Cricket is olev
>>
>>172224360
That gun, We are ODST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSy05OJhZ7M

Do you have the pistol aswell? What about the rail gun from halo 4?
>>
>>172225024
>>172225024
Anon, You've gotta learn and understand long range tactical warfare and how to best use it against your foe.

In this case, sneak and fire then hide.
>>
>>172225291

I understand this fine, it's poor old Raul who walks into eight Fiends and ends up crying about his little sister as he ragdolls into the atmosphere.
>>
>>172225201
Its simple M4, dude ...
>>
>>172225047
I thought it was quite liberating actually to be rid of my old bloated load order

I could just blast like 30 mods in there that enhance core gameplay and textures and stuff and now I'm wondering what companion and integrated weapon mods to add into the mix
>>
>>172225024
Don't know about that but this mod sure makes ordering companions around much neater

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50468/?
>>
File: H3ODST_Campaign_1stPersonVISR.jpg (485KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
H3ODST_Campaign_1stPersonVISR.jpg
485KB, 1280x720px
>>172225353
Damn dude, that's annoying.
>>
File: Fallout4_2017_03_27_16_15_10_827.jpg (845KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4_2017_03_27_16_15_10_827.jpg
845KB, 1920x1080px
>>172225729
Yeah, lack of good SF weapon mods for F4 is annoying as fuck.
>>
>>172224156
If you could get a Mr. House ending and keep the Brotherhood alive it would be objectively the best ending.

Because you can't I have to agree independent is the best.
>>
File: i want this car.jpg (847KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
i want this car.jpg
847KB, 2560x1080px
>>172224567
>I'm completely burned out
I'm starting to feel this way with FO4 too and I haven't even finished the game yet or started any of the DLCs aside from Automatron. I need a break.
>>
>>172226275
Apparently that was an option but it was cut - and this mod brings it back

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37729/?
>>
>>172226554
It was cut for a reason.
>>
>>172226554
Thanks famalam

>>172226598
Do you know that reason or are you just vagueposting?
>>
>>172226653
Not him but I suppose that makes the choice between House and Independent harder because it would really be a no-brainer otherwise
>>
>>172226653
Something >>172226714 said. Sawyer answered it already in his formspring but for the life of me I can't access that website.
>>
File: lol.jpg (3KB, 97x127px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
3KB, 97x127px
>>172226714
>no-brainer

Yeah, for House

>wanting to preserve a group of cultists who kill civilians over toasters
>>
>>172226904
>energy weapons and power armor
>toasters
>>
>>172226472
>I'm starting to feel this way with FO4 too and I haven't even finished the game yet or started any of the DLCs aside from Automatron. I need a break.

Same here.
That game is so generic it hurts.
>>
File: 17.jpg (14KB, 536x459px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
14KB, 536x459px
>>172226714
>working for a capitalist
>turn the wasteland into an anarchist utopia

it already is a no-brainer
>>
>>172227381
>turn the wasteland into an anarchistic utopia and seize control of the robot army in a machiavellian manner that violates the NAP, achieving authoritarian control for yourself out of the lust for power
or
>turn the _wasteland_ into an anarchist utopia AND turn the city of New Vegas into an actual Pre-War utopia
>>
>>172227010
>what is advanced power toasters
>>
>>172225047
>he doesnt efficiently set up mods at this point
whats wrong bro? are u a newbie?
my first setting up everything like 120 mods to work perfectly took me a week. then shit happened and i did the same thing again but it took me 4 hours

git gud
>>
>>172225047
Just create a well-organized mod folder for all your mods and different types of mods

Then use FOMM's "Create from folder" option in the Package Manager and badda bing badda boom, you have that mod on the list now and with the push of a button you can install or uninstall it into your Data folder without ever having to manually mess with it
>>
>tfw your New Vegas permadeath ended with a botched dynamite throw in Primm
>>
File: whenUnuttedbutshestillsuckin.png (32KB, 148x225px) Image search: [Google]
whenUnuttedbutshestillsuckin.png
32KB, 148x225px
>>172229521
>>
File: fallout.jpg (11KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
fallout.jpg
11KB, 320x180px
I JUST figured out that by scrapping everything in Sanctuary and Red Rocket then building, scrapping, rebuilding, repeat you can gain 10 levels before doing single mission.

Am I more autistic for doing this, or having just figured out its possible?
>>
>>172229521

Bastard!
>>
>>172230117
That's been around for a while, it's just not worth the time unless you're doing a "never leave Sanctuary" thing. Even in survival mode the time wasted that could be spent murdering things isn't worth the head start.
>>
>>172228069
Yes Man, please throw the anon from the dam
>>
>>172216421
I have a mod that adds a proper assault rifle and renames the vanilla assault rifle to "machine gun" does that count?
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
Is there a reupload of this mod anywhere since the mod author was a babby who couldn't handle random strangers being greedy?
>>
File: 1486410729883.jpg (80KB, 525x389px) Image search: [Google]
1486410729883.jpg
80KB, 525x389px
>>172214669
>have i7 4770k 3.8GHz, GTX 980 Ti, 16GB DDR3, and SSD installation
>fps goes sub-20 in some parts of Boston
>>
playing new vegas for the first time
what do I do after saving the president?
I killed the sniper, defused the bomb and told Grant about it
he had Kimball evacuated and the quest ended, but now I have no idea what to do next
Grant won't say anything besides thanking me and the Colonel acts as if she didn't know that Kimball is safe
both the NCR and Yes Man told me to do it and I want to side with the NCR, if that helps
>>
>>172233149
Speak to that woman who is inside dam, that one who gives you quest.
>>
Anyone have any rememberable experiences out in the Wasteland?
>Be at the Courier's Mile, Lonesome Road DLC
>Rads are pretty high, so pop some rad-x
>Frames drop suddenly
>Decide to continue anyway
>Frames continue to drop
>Open up Pipboy and equip All American with handloaded rounds
>Two deathclaws infront of me
>Ohfuck.jpg
>Kill one in VATS
>Out of AP
>Get hit from behind, lose half health
>"Your armor is in poor condition"
Turn on VATs again to see what's behind me
>Another Deathclaw
>Frames even lower
>Slowly bunny hop to a corner with a broken arm and leg
>Get hit again, and launched ontop of car
>Take psycho and jet to get some AP
>My game is a slideshow with the lack of frames
>Use it to line up head shots with and without VATS
>Kill them both

I cracked myself open a beer IRL and ate an MRE and 5 Stims ingame to celebrate
>>
>>172232030
Bitch please.
I have a dying HDD, 8GB ram and 1 GB Nvidia Geforce 660 GTX and some visual mods installed.
I get like 25 fps in some dungeons without anything happening.
>>
File: fly me to the moo.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
fly me to the moo.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>172234057
>shoot cow with 5.56 revolver
>
>>
>>172234057
Lonesome Road for me was lot of savescumming and constant sneaking.

Killed are motherfucking Deathclaws, Markes Men and Tunnelers before they even seen me.
>>
File: 1473552995464.jpg (486KB, 1120x840px) Image search: [Google]
1473552995464.jpg
486KB, 1120x840px
>>172190723
To be fair, they're basically a hive mind, that's why they locked away Fawkes in F3
Also, when they grow into Behemoths they lose their mental faculties and begin to eat and kill their own

If Institute muties met 87 muties, they'd likely team up (as their goals, hierarchies, and physiologies are basically the same)
However, if they met The Master's Army, they'd likely go to war with them. The Nightkin would likely reciprocate without any incentive.

Only more logical minds like Marcus would try to unify them (which would probably boil down to him getting the biggest 87 mutant in a headlock)

It's a shame Fawkes and Uncle Leo will probably never meet Marcus
>>
>>172233993
the colonel?
she asks me whether the president is safe and the only thing I can say is "I have some questions", and then she tells me to fuck off and protect the president
>>
>looking for Rylee 2 real life days
>give up and decide to find her with console command
>player.moveto 3EFF3
>get teleported to one of random encounter campsites
>she is not there

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING

>>172234629
To be fair that quest is bugged as fuck, for example I saved President and he left in Vertibird but it still exploded even when I defused the bombs
>>
>>172234327
out of interest why do yao guai sperg out when you shoot them? nothing else acts like it
>>
>>172160212
That happened to me too in my last game playthrough. Maybe try waiting a few days with positive Legion rep cause he spawned next to me after I waited just to scold me.
>>
File: 1473872107501.gif (3MB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1473872107501.gif
3MB, 280x280px
>>172207913
Cut down the arms and legs with an angle grinder or plasma cutter, hollow out the robotic gloves and boots.
You'd still look like a fucking tank but you wouldn't have the height advantage
>>
File: 20160820173930_1.jpg (315KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160820173930_1.jpg
315KB, 1920x1080px
>realizing you can build on this whole overpass

Is that why Greygarden is the best settlement?

>make more robot workers in automaton to toil on the ground level and feed the settlers as they live in luxury high above the ground
>>
>>172207913
Where is that screenshot taken?
That area doesn't look familiar at all.
>>
>>172234756
I suspected that it's a bug so I tried completing the quest a couple of times and tried doing the actions in different orders, but the result remains the same
I gave up for now, I'll try without having Yes Man involved later
>>
>>172180108

do you nvfags ever even fucking played GURPS?

even /TG/ gates gurps because of the artifical feel of "leveling" and making a character

Gurps is the shittiest RPG system that Interplay had to use it to create fallout
>>
File: 20170213110429_1.jpg (393KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170213110429_1.jpg
393KB, 1920x1080px
>>172235560
My next project is an overhanging garden with those garden plot things on 2-3 descending levels starting at the overpass
>>
>>172179464
please don't tell me you're trying to defend beth lore, and worse, comparing it to the pre existing fallout lore?
>>
I just want sex mods /fog/

NV and Skyrim hardcore playthroughs as a frail girl constantly fending off rape have been some of my best gaming highlights. I just want to put nora through the same gauntlet.
>>
>>172179980
Wasn't this theory literally disproven in the first game when The Master used FEV on pure vault dwellers and they still turning into stupid Super Mutants because his scientific process was trash and he didn't actually know what he was doing?
>>
>>172236172

>sickfuck detected
>>
>>172235917
How did you make that big building back there?
>>
>>172234597
>To be fair, they're basically a hive mind

no they're not
>>
>>172216236
>>172216295
>>172216365
do want.
>>
>>172179762
>my DNA was fused with a modified virus to create the organic material

Perhaps FEV was used to rapidly duplicate cells so that they could create "ghost" organs and use them to design fully functioning humans.
In the same way that it increases muscle mass and cell regeneration in Super Mutants and certain other FEV abominations

We're already doing this kind of thing in real life, using stem cells and "bio goop" to create real flesh in a laboratory.
>>
>>172236172
I've never tried any sex mods.

Can I be a petite futa girl with a massive cock who gets raped by musclegirl raiders until I'm forced to impregnate them?
>>
File: 23064-11-1490574769.jpg (1MB, 1824x1026px) Image search: [Google]
23064-11-1490574769.jpg
1MB, 1824x1026px
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23064/?
Skibadaa released his redux weapons as a single pack, for those who use them.
>>
Would it be too difficult to make a mod that stops you from using heavy weapons without power armor or a super high strength stat? That's the entire point of power armor in lore but in game you can fire a minigun with your massive futa cock out.
>>
you literally can yes

the first thing that surprised me about sex mods is how modular and customizable they are. you can be whatever you want, you can impregnate anyone you want, you can go as far to set rape chances in every individual type of cell. I remember turning the inns of skyrim into rape centers and having to choose between sleeping there and risking rape or camping out in the wilderness and risking a much worse type of rape
>>
>>172212292
How to extrapolate without knowing hourly rate?
>>
File: ScreenShot3.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot3.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1410219730973.jpg (260KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1410219730973.jpg
260KB, 900x1200px
>>172237070
>with your massive futa cock out
I always like to pretend that even scrawny futas are actually deceptively strong for their size because it turns me on.
>>
>mfw i just watched Mama Murphy jerk off Preston while Sturges, Jun and Marcy sat in circle mastrubating

Why the fuck sex mods are only that makes Bugfesta games fun ?

>>172236785
Not yet.
I suppose when/if SexTec launches you will be able to do that.

Pic kinda related - its a shame that there is no way to fuck that red milf :(
>>
>>172237393
what sexmod 2 get
are they still hosted on loverslab?
>>
>>172237531
There is not much in term of choice.

CrazySexAnimations plus Torture Devices, Crosses etc.

CSA is nice seeing as it comes in two forms - settlement rugs that can be used to start animations or gun/ring to use on you and NPC's .
>>
File: 23064-6-1490574771.jpg (603KB, 1824x1026px) Image search: [Google]
23064-6-1490574771.jpg
603KB, 1824x1026px
>>172236845
Are they integrated into a leveled list well?
I've always wanted to make a big overhaul mod for the game, my main thing at first would be adding more weapons I think since the gameplay is okay but the weapon selection is sorely lacking. Going through the process of making all the mods work well with one another would be hard depending on how many new guns I pack in. And these look like a good way to add some variety, I've really wanted to make a mod adding more depth to gunners instead of them being just military themed raiders with nothing else significant.
I wouldn't even know where to begin in tackling anything though.

If you used something else for a standard assault rifle, and had the belt fed rifle from this mod as the SAW role, would there really be any purpose for keeping the vanilla assault rifle in? Maybe as a cheaper more common SAW compared to the LSW from the redux pack?

I personally don't care for it too much but I don't want to outright replace any vanilla weapons since that doesn't really help the lack of weapon variety problem the game has.
>>
>>172237531
dont bother yet, it's just settlement items. fun to fuck around with but nothing you'll jerk it to.
>>
>>172235852
>Gurps is the shittiest RPG system that Interplay had to use it to create fallout

Anyone defending Fallout 4's anti-RPG Skyrim bullshit has no business criticizing anything that Fallout had before. Something with flaws in it is still better than total shit.
>>
>>172196485
Maybe you're gay?
>>
>>172237393
Overseer of 81 is chill and thicc
>>
File: 20170213104840_1.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170213104840_1.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
>>172236294
concrete floors with the big concrete foundation under it, it kinda goes down the hill a bit so I built then 2 high towards the back.

But yeah, the concrete floors with foundation are great.

>>172236231
Not all sex mods are deathclaw orgies and violence. Sex is a part of life.
I want to have sex with my wife who I love and am devoted to.
If people want to make a quest out of having sex with every npc and animal in the game that's cool, but some people also just want to hold hands and snuggle with an actual loved one.
>>
>>172236231
>autistic virgin detected
>>
>>172237072
>>172236785
>>172236172
do you know any good ones? i only have hookers of the commonwealth and that mod that makes sex noises when you sleep with romanced companion and a few nude mods
>>
>>172239087
>that mod that makes sex noises when you sleep with romanced companion

Name ?
>>
>>172239189
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21040/?
>>
>>172239343
Oh, ok thats what i thought.
Thx.
>>
>>172239343
This is kinda good tho
>>
>>172239343
>Features
>Controller Vibration Support

holy shit that's magical
>>
>>172238870
This is literally the most autistic virgin mod request imaginable anon.
>>
File: 20170327194802_1.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170327194802_1.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
To that anon who told me about Deathclaw in 88

Found it
>>
>>172216365
Pretty cool set.
>>172223991
I was sleeping, friend.

>>172225572
Yeah JIP CCC is great, I was able to clean out some regular deathclaws by having companions hold a line then kiting them across their fire. Much better than default "shoot while walking towards dangerous melee enemy and getting in front of the players LOS as well" combat behavior of companions.

>>172229521
Heh, nice. I made a weak, oblivious, dumb girl character who was basically all CHA/AGI/LCK, and who was a kleptomaniac who loved fireworks and explosions. But the shit STR and PER made using explosives risky at best. I do like how difficult early game can be with some builds.

>>172234327
Don't bully Brahmin!
>>
File: 20170312075046_1.jpg (338KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170312075046_1.jpg
338KB, 1920x1080px
>>172239343
>Cuddling
YOOOOO
unironically stopped some other downloads for this to go faster.

>>172240096
>>172238870
t-there is n-nothing wrong with being an autistic virgin
>>
>>172240412
Oh anon, dont misunderstand me. I'm as virgin as it gets. I just wanna make sure you realize that I aint gonna let you believe for a second any of this isn't degenerate tier.
>>
>>172240515
dont knock it till you try it
>>
>>172240830
I'm good fâm. I've got other things to enjoy.
>>
>>172240859
well my point remains of not knocking it until you try it
>>
File: 20170323073839_1.jpg (757KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170323073839_1.jpg
757KB, 1920x1080px
>>172235560
>>172235917
>>
>>172241334
>>172238698
is that that mod with the no power required turrets?
>>
so can someone actually point me to some sex mods with futa preferably?

also any nipple or generally decent jewellery mods
>>
>>172241506
Heavy Machinegun Turrets never required power.
>>
>>172241689
Do they produce noise?

I never really understood what factors into the happiness mechanic.
>>
>>172241948
Not that I recall, no.

Me either. Here's a video I never watched about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drOXzBDl8lM
>>
>>172242218
thanks anon
>>
>>172241948
>happiness mechanic.
food
water
beds, if theyre sheltered, good
defense, which undoes it

the more defense you have the less likely you are to be attacked, so if you have 9001 defense you'll never be attacked

generators make a fuck ton of noise
>>
>>172241689
my mistake was referring to this mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8115/?
>>
>>172242341
>generators

Yea I remember reading that, but I also know that the wind turbine was put in the game to provide a noise free way to generate power, but they never go into detail on how to tell what the noise pollution radius is for settlers.
>>
>>172242341
whats wrong with the noise from generators?

i find it soothing

sometimes when i go sleep i just play 10 hours white noise
>>
>>172242657
too
damn
loud

I use that quieter settlements mod and have since it came out

>>172242478
wind ones are quiet but only produce like 3 power and they're huge
>>
>>172224737
Casino Heists looks cool, it'd be neat if you could recruit Sammy and Pauline Wins into your crew (or use them as a diversion).
>>
>>172242743
And they take fuck tons of aluminum so they're basically worthless.

I really liked settlement building, but its just happiness that never made sense to me.
>>
>>172242743
Well I use that fusion core generator and it doesn't make much noise.
>>
>>172242958
well those are the only quiet ones, the gas ones(how the fuck do they run theres no oil to refine gas from and hasnt been for 200 years) are constantly idling
>>
>>172243127
Biofuel
>>
>>172243127
Grinding gunners and raiders.
>>
>>172243585
Good fucking meme

>>172243619
this is more likely
>>
>>172242743
>>172242958
what about the vault tec generators?
>>
>>172245794
from what I know they're quiet like the FC ones
>>
File: 17247-0-1471206271.jpg (2MB, 1713x1440px) Image search: [Google]
17247-0-1471206271.jpg
2MB, 1713x1440px
>browsing nexus
>see this armor http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17247/?
>this user screenshot

How do these people exist
>>
>>172246851
i mean most people start life as virgins
>>
if you believe that robobrains were made of Chimp Brains... Think again

its sickfuckery at its finest

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1WsZi4kRnc
>>
>>172247386
no one thought they were made from chimpbrains

the quest makes it obscenely clear that it's people brains from prisoners.
>>
>>172247386
>if you believe that robobrains were made of Chimp Brains
no, I thought they were slinty eyed PoWs and American prisoners, why the fuck would I think chimps? That's retarded, anon
>>
>>172247375
if they're bitches maybe
>>
File: 1474576032004.png (195KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1474576032004.png
195KB, 510x346px
>>172247375
I can't parse the concept of someone who doesn't just look at porn, but will mod their game into smut.
>>
>>172247678
porn is exactly the problem

they found some crazy cartoon shit and that's why she looks so deformed
>>
>>172241334
Do you have elevators in that?

Can NPCs use them?
>>
>>172237752
Anyone?
>>
>>172247520

from fallout wiki

>Robobrains were created before the Great War by General Atomics International both for the U.S. military and for the civilian sector. Official government records list only chimpanzee brains as being used in the robots, but at least some human brains were taken from the bodies of executed criminals. Many of these criminals were insane, so the resulting robobrains also tended to be unstable, despite complete reprogramming via the CODE technology. Some of these human-robobrains hybrids would try to kill themselves, apparently resenting being made into cyborgs.
>>
>>172246851
more like someone thinks this looks good
>>
>>172246851
>stop having fun reeeeeeeeeeeee

Fuck off.
>>
>>172249185
it's fucking lame, you sad act
>>
Damn, that Vouge ENB looks nice.
>>
>>172249829
Shame your AA doesn't look nice.
>>
>>172249829
sky almost looks like vanilla New Vegas
>>
>>172249887
Its turned off.
Lay off nigga, i barely get 35 FPS when idle.
>>
>>172249829
I've been trying to figure out what it is about Fallout 4's visuals that irks me... it's the specular. Everything seems to gloss lacquered. If New Vegas is too dusty and nothing seems to shine, Fallout 4 is the opposite. Look at that ancient telephone pole there. That's not what a 200 year old wooden pole should look like.
>>
>>172250119
>seems to gloss lacquered.

*seems to be gloss lacquered
>>
>>172250063
>35 FPS when idle
I literally wouldn't play the game
>>
So what moments in the whole FO franchise made you think "Oh shit i'm going to fucking die now"?

I just completed Veronica's companion quest for the first time and i wasn't expecting that ending. I literally said "oh shit" out loud when i saw 4 Brotherhood Paladins with the best weapons in the game ready to fucking murder me
>>
File: hot babe and fat girl.jpg (142KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
hot babe and fat girl.jpg
142KB, 1152x648px
I'm playing Fallout 4 for the first time and having a decent amount of fun, playing on survival and it's pretty neat, reminds me a bit of New Vegas hardcore with jsawyer

I'm level 27 now and the lack of fast travel is kind of grating me though. Would I be an asshole if I got a mod for that? None of the other stuff bugs me, it's just hauling stuff back and forth between settlements and stuff that's getting a little old
>>
>>172250758
Never Fast Travel.
Youd better get some Carry Weight mod
>>
>>172250758
On my current playthrough I'm using the Journey mod which re enables fast travel but only between settlements that are connected by supply routes. It's kind of old now though and I've only just passed Concord so I don't know how well it actually works, according to comments it doesn't work with Nuka World but I wasn't planning on bothering with the raider shit in that anyway.
>>
>>172250758
Use these mods
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16211/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22013/?

That boat in particular is my favorite.
>>
File: 1489603815068.png (210KB, 581x581px) Image search: [Google]
1489603815068.png
210KB, 581x581px
>>172149891
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, I SEE FUCKING BOXES OF SUGAR BOMBS EVERYWHERE WHEN I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEM, BUT WHEN I NEED TO FIND THREE BOXES OF THE SHIT IT'S NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>172252501
just manufacture them bro

just be yourself bro
>>
File: Enouy_Trans.png (310KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
Enouy_Trans.png
310KB, 640x477px
anyone want to try and make this thing as a weapon mod?
>>
File: 1403894132402.png (3KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1403894132402.png
3KB, 267x200px
>>172253338
You can do that?

I had no fucking clue.
>>
>>172253843
Yeah plastic some other shit and razorgrain + corn = Sugar Bombs.

Factory New boxes look sweet. But you need contraptions DLC.
>>
>>172250758
Is there a mod that makes vertibird travel available earlier for non-BoS players? If not, I'd just do the Fort Strong mission, which is one of the first actual missions they give you.

Or, get the resource beacons mod if you just want to move stuff around.
>>
>>172253972
Oh, I'm not playing Fallout Fouail

I'm playing New Vegas.
>>
>>172253980
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12135/?

its a bit temperamental though
>>
>>172254221
>http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12135/?
This would have been so fucking good in base game, craftable heliport for settlements + vertibird modding and paintjobs AKA automatron.
>>
>>172254426
I hate how you can craft a nuclear reactor and a teleporter

I just wish you have had to add people into your settlements to do that shit for you, it would've been a nice addition to the settlement system and it would've made settlers not useless
>>
>>172254221
>>172254426
and assign settlers as a pilots
>>
can someone tell me where to get the sex mods? i dont think ive seen any on nexus
>>
>>172255061
If you want a sex Bethesda game just go for Skyrim's mods
>>
>>172255061
Loverslab is always the place to go for sex mods.
There are no good sex mods for FO4.
>>
>>172254534
I agree so, so, so much

I fucking hate the implementation of settlements
>>
how hard would it be to find some random building and turn it into a player home with the creation kit? ive never used the thing before
>>
>>172256742
Easy as Sunday morning.
>>
>>172256742
That's about the easiest thing you could possibly do beyond simple edits of namefields etc.
>>
File: 12246-9-1461332970.jpg (563KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
12246-9-1461332970.jpg
563KB, 1920x1080px
>>172257314
>>172257408
what about with a workbench and without eyesore shit like this?
>>
>>172250758
>No fast travel in Fallout 4

Really? That game has no fast travel? That's really strange considering the direction that Bethesda and AAA have taken during the last decade. Or did they want to re-introduce enemy encounters during travel without having to bother with designing any new systems like random encounters? Because removing the ability to fast travel from a Gamebryo game accomplishes just that.
>>
>>172258071
Survival Mode disables fast travel.
>>
>>172258071
only in survival

it also disables the console and you can only save when you sleep making settlement building worth it
>>
>>172258071
Of all the things you could take away with a hardcore/survival mode, why take away Fast Travel?
>>
>>172258371
>disables the console

WTF that's how you ruin a Bethesda game. You absolutely need the console because of the game-breaking bugs. I haven't played the game but I'll just go ahead and assume it's filled with those because it's still Gamebryo.
>>
>>172258161
>>172258371
>>172259731
are there any random encounters?
what happens if you glitch on a quest or get stuck?
>>
>>172260401
there are no bugs in FO4 because it was not made by obsidian
>>
File: 1462086369641.png (81KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1462086369641.png
81KB, 320x287px
>>172260445
>>172260401
random encounters are a thing and can happen more than they did in 3/NV since they're randomized and you will often come across an area, have one take place, and pass through that area again and have a different one trigger

as far as bugs and stability goes this game is nowhere as bad as other outings, in fact its the most stable bethesda game to date.

quest glitches aren't really a thing aside from a few mentioned earlier in the thread and one of those is because of the shitty hard coded 4 choice dialogue wheel

theres mods that reenable saving and console though and you can enable it in the INI file as well
>>
>>172260608
HAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>172261041
just to be clear, you mean the vanilla game is the most stable ever? or do you need mods to make it stable?
>>
>>172261250
Vanilla is amazingly stable. It is mostly fps drops from how much can go on near you.
>>
>>172261459
too bad i dont enjoy game with little choice. pass.
>>
>>172261250
the vanilla game, so much so that the unofficial patch at this point breaks more than it fixes

mods cause issues when they have UI frameworks that haven't accounted for new content like everyone crashing in automatron when they were using DEF_INV or are missing .go models for inventory items

most crashing is related to mods with bad installs or dirty edits more than the game shitting itself outright
>>
>>172261041
>random encounters are a thing

I'm sure they are. However when we look at how things have been before:

-Fallout 1, 2, Tactics: Fast travel only. Random encounters.
-Fallout 3, New Vegas: Open world with encounters. Fast travel with no encounters.
-Fallout 4 (survival) Open world only. Random encounters.

I think random encounters could have been implemented into a fast travel system that lets enemies interrupt your travel based on your survival, stealth and luck. -Shit... in the middle of typing that I suddenly remembered that Fallout 4 doesn't have those things anymore. Nevermind.
>>
>>172261645
Nah, FO4 handles random encounters just fine
>>
>>172261645
FO3 had random encounters, although how FO3 did it and had it so it's the SAME ENCOUNTER every time ruined that game for me, worse immersion killer than the bugs once you realize the encounter system does that, especially in high-travel areas.

NV I don't remember any random encounters, short of Malcolm "HELLO THERE ALMOST TOOK YA FER A RAIDER" Holmes and the one-note Tomas/Jacklyn fight. Probably my biggest complaint about NV, is travelling the world is so fucking boring and empty (of course the bazillion well-written quests does compensate).
>>
>>172262635
it s been 7 years since it was released, why dont we have a nice random encounters mod for new vegas? has it been proven to be too hard to make? why not just replicate the malcom quest?
>>
>>172262635
Pretty sure Malcom is from 3.
>>
>>172262952
No, he's the Sunset Sarsparila Star Bottlecaps guy.

>>172262763
I dunno, would be nice though. Better than constant Cazador swarms spawning anyplace you clear out bandits.
>>
>>172262952
Malcolm is from New Vegas, he spooked the shit out of me in Primm hotel.
>>
>>172262635
random encounters were sort of locked behind wild wasteland
>>
>>172194894
I've done it,works fine once you get over the limitations.I have roughly 30 mods on a PS4 Pro and the only one that causes lag is some weather overhaul mod.
>>
>>172262763
Random events just do not fit an open world game that has a predetermined map. It works for games like Minecraft because of what those events are but they don't work for FO

The only thing i would've liked to see in NV is more random skirmishes in the open against Legion/Merchants/NCR
>>
>>172264070
I wish fast travelling could (sometimes) drop you on cells made just for random event, you get through it, and fast travel again to your intended destination.
>>
File: tenpinessmallhomeWIP.jpg (488KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tenpinessmallhomeWIP.jpg
488KB, 1920x1080px
Anybody got an idea what I could use as a curtain rod, here?

>>172256742
Learning how to use the CK, and getting comfortable with it: a weekend, or three.
Making a player home: as much time as it is worth to you. You can spend ten minutes on something that works. Or, ten months on making it "perfect".
>>
>>172264443
So, FO1/2's style, i dig that

Also, did anyone else had as much fun as i did with the Syiringer? I think it was a great underrated weapon that needed more effects
>>
>>172264070
That's nonsense. Just because a map is pre-made doesn't mean there can't be randomized events that occur. Not everything has to be built by or for the narrative, and small random encounters in the proper context can even flesh out a gameworld in a very positive way (much better than long-winded sililoquy or some exhibitional speech by an in-game character).
>>
>First time going in and out of the glowing sea
Holy shit. Even with rad-x lowering the incoming rads to 1/sec, it built up enough that I had to use rad-away several times, making me so exhausted I only made it back to a bed with the help of nuka-cola. No wonder nobody followed virgil there. That place doesn't fuck around.
>>
>>172267079
I still find it stupid that you'd go hide in a place Robots can just stroll by with no problems
>>
>>172267219
If the rads don't get you, the deathclaws and radscorpions will. Fucker even had a deathclaw napping right outside his cave.
>>
>when you cut open that dank pork & beans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swa-CZsfKnI
>>
>>172268582
N I C E
I
C
E
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 177x285px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 177x285px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKd4EpQPRbg

>when the buffout kicks in
>>
>>172269109
>not being hooked on X-CELL

you are like a little baby
>>
>>172267219
Why the fuck do robots not take radiation damage anyway?
Does Bethesda seriously believe that robots are immune to radiation or did they just want to make the Gamma Gun even more useless?
>>
>>172269537
Because robots in Fallout universe are powered by atomic energy?
>>
File: 8B3wcFD.jpg (610KB, 1500x2663px) Image search: [Google]
8B3wcFD.jpg
610KB, 1500x2663px
>>172207398
for starters, what are your thoughts on this
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62656/?

I've been using this www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60201/? as well, any suggestions for things that pair with it would be great too. Also I think I've had enough with AWOP but the mojave feels a lot more empty now. New locations or quests that aren't total garbage are welcome
>>
>>172269921
that STUN mod goes great with those 2
>>
>>172269635
Right, for some reason I forgot every toaster in this universe is somehow nuclear powered, but in a way that can cause mini nuclear explosions every time the wind blows on it (ie Vertibirds)
>>
>>172269109
>even in the 1950s niggas werent making sense
>>
>>172209560
>>172209897
>>172212292
Is this outfit available for download?
It looks amazing.
>>
File: 20170211_144757.jpg (250KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
20170211_144757.jpg
250KB, 2016x1512px
>>172270064
Da, already have it, but it's too meddlesome to actually use it half the time. The system in near death is almost perfect, shame the mod author doesn't work on it anymore.

I guess I just want to know if there's any interesting/good mods released in the past two years that isn't in the hotfiles. I'm burnt out a lot from the base game itself
>>
Yet another anonymous note: Dear Overboss, if you are listening to this you are dumber than I thought.
>>
Maxson did nothing wrong.
>>
>>172273727
That's because he did nothing.
>>
File: explosive sniper.jpg (17KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
explosive sniper.jpg
17KB, 320x180px
Whats the best legendary weapon you've stumbled up?

I found the explosive sniper rifle extremely satisfying.
>>
>>172264636
What is that curtain from? That looks really nice.
>>
>>172274684
Instigating gauss rifle. Explosive 10mm pistol makes a fantastic backup weapon.
>>
>>172274684
>>
>>172274684
Sniper is a stupid configuration for an explosive weapon, bleeding rapid automatic scatter laser rifle is pretty good bit too much of a kick though.
>>
>>172275119
>super barrel
Que?
>>
File: Maxson_is_Right.jpg (39KB, 322x960px) Image search: [Google]
Maxson_is_Right.jpg
39KB, 322x960px
>>172273727
>>
File: 1427653902794.png (1MB, 718x792px) Image search: [Google]
1427653902794.png
1MB, 718x792px
>>172196485
>>
>>172275283
Mod, fires both barrels at once.
But the legendary effect is vanilla and completely fucking overpowered on the DBS.
>>
File: ScreenShot11.png (667KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot11.png
667KB, 1360x768px
>>172274684
Basically easy mod
>>
>>172269921
>>172270497
Well if you like those you'll surely like this

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40593/?

I find I prefer this over those other mods, this mod adds the possibility for enemies to surrender (the more low on health and disarmed the more probable), you can enslave surrendered enemies, you can shove people, you can whistle from sneaking to make enemies cautious and you can make narcotics to sneak up on and drug people

All of these features are optional and they can all be turned on or off

Also people react to if you point a gun at them, they'll draw their own gun.
>>
>>172275991
i've been trying to figure out a way to use multiple units of ammo in a single shot, link to mod? want to see how he did it
>>
>>172276734
The surrender animation looks pretty wonky, but I'll give it a shot. You think a combination of all three would work?
>>
Does anyone have RWLE and/or CaliberX 5.04 for New Vegas?
>>
>>172274986
I think the curtain is from Creative Clutter. It could also be from CWSS Redux v2.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14326/?
>>
>>172277279
Well yeah they just get down on their knees

But I like the amount of options you get, where you can rob them, put a bomb collar on them, apologize for hostility which will make a non-hostile character you accidentally aggroed non-hostile again, and so on

If your Speech is 90 you can also convince any enemy to fight on your side
>>
File: Kampfpistol.jpg (213KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
Kampfpistol.jpg
213KB, 2048x1447px
Has anyone made a mod that adds the Kampfpistole from Wolfenstein? Or any of the Wolfenstein guns for that matter?

The KP has got to be my favorite gun in the game, alongside the Bombenschuss. Basically it's a rocket/grenade launcher pistol, based off of a real thing, which was a flare gun converted to fire small rockets.

It would be fun to have explosive power in Fallout without having to carry around a whole missile launcher everywhere.
>>
File: 377160_20170326214159_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20170326214159_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>172270386
Not available yet. Not sure of any release really, commissioner told me they wanted to keep it private for a while.
>>
File: 20170328031140_1.jpg (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170328031140_1.jpg
248KB, 1920x1080px
>>172274684
Don't know name of the effect, I renamed this gun.
>>
>>172278109
I'm looking forward to it then, it looks great from these pics.
>>
>>172278109
Niero, throw me a bone here >>172237098
>>
File: 20170213183915_1.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170213183915_1.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
You don't keep the best armor and weapons for yourself, right anon?

You DO want your friends and loved ones to be protected as best you can, right?
>>
>>172278978
>CAIT WANT SNOO SNOO!
>No Cait, I'm tired.
>CAIT NO ASK!
>>
File: 1467590902742.jpg (27KB, 591x448px) Image search: [Google]
1467590902742.jpg
27KB, 591x448px
>>172278978
>raider armor
>>
File: 1484626518149.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484626518149.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>use lever gun reload fix
>it doesn't work
>>
File: 1434513027188.gif (1015KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
1434513027188.gif
1015KB, 500x470px
>>172279928
>use lever gun reload fix
>it works
>>
File: gagepa.jpg (232KB, 1216x912px) Image search: [Google]
gagepa.jpg
232KB, 1216x912px
>>172279852
Looks pretty cool, doesn't it? And it only costs steel to repair it.
>>
>>172279928
>Watching youtube vids of lever gun "fixes"
>As the gun is reloading the ammo doesn't actually go into into the gun from the ammo pool until the animation finishes
>>
File: 20170314120317_1.jpg (383KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170314120317_1.jpg
383KB, 1920x1080px
>>172279852
it looks cool. those electricity pieces are unique and pretty good though, give me some credit.

>avoid a hard fight with that raider boss who has the tesla armor by sneaking in and taking her fusion core
>she jumps out and starts combat
>the armor is forever red for stolen for the rest of the game
t-thanks todd

>>172279359
It's not my place to say yes or no anyway. Property doesn't decide how its owner uses it.
>>
>>172277943
There's a mod for New Vegas that adds the assault rifles, marksman rifle, submachine gun etc. from New Order

https://www.mediafire.com/?jew5caywy9cznzk
>>
>>172277235
Sorry, took me forever to find it as I haven't played with it in a long time.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8276/?
>>
>>172281097
thanks for going to the trouble of finding it
>>
>start survival mode playthrough
>get to first minutemen settlement quest
>try to roll through corvega
>die several times
>fuckthisshit.exe
>go back to tenpines bluff
>murder the two settlers already there
>take over settlement and build a radio beacon
>become general of the peoples' faction
>>
File: 19-50-50.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
19-50-50.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>172278978
>>172280353
You're cool.

I like you.
>>
>>172278978
>give Cait junkie armor

oh you
>>
>>172278978
>>172276584

I hate so much how the UI are just bars and how the names work in this game

>automatic instigating recoil compensated lightweight transexual combat rifle

Some people point and laugh at borderlands i think this is miles worse
>>
>>172283345
The whole weapon system in FO4 is shit. I do like the modular armor systems and the Power Armor is good though.
>>
File: gee that hurts.jpg (102KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
gee that hurts.jpg
102KB, 500x381px
>>172279928
Why don't either of the mods that do this work?
>>
File: 1483089661964.webm (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1483089661964.webm
2MB, 1280x800px
>>172278978

>Not turning Cait into a Gatorclaw
>>
I've played a LOT of NV, but it was a long time ago. I'm getting ready to replay it now and I can't decide if Project Nevada is for me.
I seriously like the normal experience and was wondering if someone who has played Project Nevada could tell me any ways it plays significantly differently to normal NV.
>>
>>172284503
Not in the slightest. I never used the weapons. The only things you really notice are the visor/glasses overlays, the grenade and melee hotkeys (melee doesn't work as smoothly as grenade but maybe that's me expecting it to work differently), /maybe/ the crosshairs, and for sure you'll notice the extra patches needed to get it to work with other shit.

So maybe it is a bit different, the only part where it "plays significantly differently" is when you go to throw a grenade, I guess.
>>
>>172284760
Neat. Thanks for the fairly quick reply my dude.
Guess I'll grab it. I missed NV.
>>
>>172284940
The additions weren't really my taste, but I found the overlays pretty fun at the very least.
The Extra Options allowing you to configure the settings in MCM is pretty nice too.
>>
>>172285124
I'm fussy about additions as well, so unless there's some huge reason not to, I think I'll untick the Cyberware and Equipment options.
>>
>>172285124
>>172284760
I liked the overlays in Fallout 3's version better, whatever that was called. They actually game with gas mask breathing sounds, so it felt a little more METRO.
>>
>>172285494
Yeah, no real reason not to. If you have a mod that needs a patch to work with it, you might run into it requiring the full merged version of PN's DLC plugins, but I think someone made some sort of dummy file specifically for that.
>>
>First playthrough, no interest in the railroad from what I've heard about them
>Find them because I need help with the courser chip
>Tell desdemona fuck no I wouldn't risk my life for a synth
>Speak to deacon on the way out
>Most sensible character I've met in the game yet
>Actually really fucking persuasive
>Suddenly find myself reconsidering my entire character concept
Oh, he's good.
>>
Hey /fog/
its been years since ive played through fallout 3 and NV
Is the Tale of Two Wastelands mod a good choice for playing through both games?
And if so what are some recommended mods to go with?
>>
File: MIRV.jpg (219KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
MIRV.jpg
219KB, 1680x1050px
>>172277943
I missed the break-action grenade launchers from New Vegas, so I made special receivers and ammo for the Flare Gun. I've never played the new Wolfenstein games but it sounds remarkably similar to the Kampfpistole.

- requires Nuka-World, uses its MIRV Grenade explosion sounds
- craft ammo and Flare Guns at a chemistry station under "FLARE GUN"
- available receivers/ammo are regular Flares, Firebomb, Fragmentation, Fragmentation MIRV, Pulse, Plasma, and Artillery Signal
- receivers/ammo have differing perk requirements
- ammo weighs 0.12 per flare in Survival mode
- projectiles explode on impact, and are weaker and have a small radius than their grenade counterparts

https://mega.nz/#!hl0TCY4R!4couYKPZgRAjuo892H_YNVelEb-ftn53r10YF0j2otU
>>
>>172287697
TTW works but if you can get Fallout 3 running you'll have an easier time just playing the separate games and doing the rp stuff yourself.
>>
>>172150987
>Curie wants the LLAB (Large Los Angeles Benis)
>MFW wez takin yo waifus
>>
File: junkfenceturrettower.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
junkfenceturrettower.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
I like this idea for a turret tower. It's two junk fence hallways, place on to of each other, scaled down to 50%, sunk into the ground, and shoved over a regular scaffolding tower. It might even look better if i scale the whole thing down, some more.

It's to big for where it stands, and I already have a better idea about how and where to place this turret, anyway. But it is a neat design.
>>
>>172253368
That would require so much extra scripting and animating that I don't think anyone on this board even could.
>>
i finished the FH campaign, but for some reason i couldn't bring myself to nuke the CoA in the end. the world has had enough of that already, and besides the place has a nice atmosphere.

>>172282406

don't lie to the poor girl
>>
What's a fairly open area where you're sure to get attacked on a fairly regular basis thus warranting setting up a well put together fortress in Fallout 4?
>>
>>172288548

well hangman's alley is in downtown, which says it all. but its an alley. starlight drive tends to get lots of hostiles spawns especially if you have it as a provisioner hub, they tend to aggro gunners or robots from the highways as they come in.
>>
File: 20170327190450_1.jpg (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170327190450_1.jpg
241KB, 1920x1080px
>>172288257
Nah I think Curie is cucking me with MacReady.
>>
Is there anywhere I can torrent the DLCs for Fallout 4? I have Far Harbor, but I can't seem to find Nuka World. At least not on its own.
>>
>>172289704
Yes.
>>
>>172289785
Do you happen to have a link?
>>
>>172290148
Yep.
>>
File: 20170317210458_1.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170317210458_1.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
You aren't neglecting your settlements, right anon? Preston needs help protecting them all.

Your settlers have clean water, fresh grown food, clean beds, and a roof over their heads, right?

Your settlements are growing in population, reaching the 20's and 30's right?

Remember, don't let your settlers' happiness drop too low!
>>
>>172290265
Preston doesn't give me quests anymore :(

I occasionaly get one from Freedom Radio but that's it.
>>
>>172290265

no my shits all totally fucked. i don't want to move people in until i've built something good, and nothing i build turns out good.
>>
File: 20170318035113_1.jpg (497KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170318035113_1.jpg
497KB, 1920x1080px
>>172290508
That might be a good thing. Maybe things have settled down a bit with the raiders/mutants and your settlements have some time off.

>>172291215
What's wrong with them?
and my shit is terrible too, but settlers seem to be flocking to them so Im glad they don't mind.
>>
>>172291439
>get quest to reclaim territory
>reclaim Outpost Zimonja
>turn on the radio tower and never look back
>come back after 60 hours
>17 settlers
>2 beds
>lack of food and water

>"people have to sleep in sleeping shifts, it makes everyone bit cranky"

Wasteland must be really shit if they are willing to sleep in shifts.
>>
>>172291215
Try vault 88. As long as you don't scrap the barricades, the only way it can get attacked is through the easily defended front.
>>
File: 20170327224301_1.jpg (728KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170327224301_1.jpg
728KB, 3840x2160px
>launch game
>mouse is moving super slowly
>can't figure out why
>friend sends me a message in steam
>the popup in the corner is super fucking tiny
>realize my game was launched in 4k for some reason

What's the point of this? It doesn't even look better than 1080 does.

How can I make my game look better? I can get 60fps when running at 4k I need some eye candy.
>>
>>172291439

just the usual; a collection of half-finished experiments that got abandoned due to frustrations with FO4's shitty building system. i still have ideas, now i just gotta wait to have the willpower to attempt them again.
>>
What are each fallout girl's fetishes?
>>
Fucking County Crossing getting attacked by goddam super mutants. 3 motherfuckers that are tanky as shit and one of them has a minigun. Oh, and 3 hounds.

I tried kiting them to the sentry bot in the Natl Guard complex, but they slow.
>>
>>172293684
>county crossing gets attacked by gunners
>come here
>kill 3
>hear gunshot
>shoot there
>settler died
>another settler gets mad at me
>fucking leg it
>car explodes and kills him

wew guess i am one settlement short
>>
File: 20170327230336_1.jpg (564KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170327230336_1.jpg
564KB, 1920x1080px
I haven't played Fo4 in a super long time. Is my game especially blurry for some reason or is this how the game should look?

Is there an easy way to mass uninstall all my mods without messing with any manager program or entirely re-downloading the game?
>>
>>172290265
>mfw you can't assign a named character to supply lines, even if they're just some boring shithead whose only quest is about their random settlement
>>
>>172293796
Yeah, I'm going to have to just let it get destroyed and then go back to rebuild. Super obnoxious though because I'm already low on ammo for my good guns.
>>
>>172293889
>Is my game especially blurry for some reason or is this how the game should look?
Looks normal.

>Is there an easy way to mass uninstall all my mods without messing with any manager program or entirely re-downloading the game?
If you installed them manually, just delete all the .esp files one by one and clear your plugins.ini.
If you installed them with a manager, you'll have to uninstall them through there.
>>
>>172293889
Nah, the game is just a blurry mess. Like most modern games.
>>
>>172290265
Nice, Pip Pad. I tried to get it working but it didn't work the first time and I didn't want to fuck my save trying to troubleshoot.
>>
File: mods.png (56KB, 665x607px) Image search: [Google]
mods.png
56KB, 665x607px
>>172294170
Okay so this is kind of weird.

My computer went all fucky on me a bit ago, I had to move my steam games around and mes with my files and reinstall NMM, and all the mods say that they aren't installed according to the package manager screen, but on the .esp list they're all still there, all the data files are in my data folder and the game works like they are installed, but the manager doesn't think they are.

>>172294326
Any mods to make the game less blurry? This is bothering me. Any settings I should change or anything? I'm running the game on all max setting well enough but still getting some pretty bad frame dips so I might scale my settings back just a bit.
>>
>>172293419
my bet is
>cait rape and bestiality
>piper dirty talk
>curie not sure if a synth brain can develop a fetish
>>
>>172294617
Mod Managers don't think they're installed because that instance of the manager didn't install them.
See if you can right click and uninstall + delete them.

>Any mods to make the game less blurry?
Find an ENB - it's easy to install and can improve the game quite a bit depending on which preset you use.
Making your own or modifying a preset is a bit harder, but it can be learned.
>>
File: engravings.jpg (352KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
engravings.jpg
352KB, 1680x1050px
>operators paint adds engravings to the receiver

neato
>>
>>172294969
>See if you can right click and uninstall + delete them
And that will for sure uninstall the mod from my game and not just delete the file from the mod manager's base folder?

Are there any settings to scale back on that can increase performance without hurting visual fidelity too much?
>>
>>172295227
>And that will for sure uninstall the mod from my game and not just delete the file from the mod manager's base folder?
No clue, but it will at least clear them from the mod manager so you can then delete them manually from FO4's data folder.
>>
>>172294826
I know for a fact Piper is into basic-bitch style BDSM. You know, 50 shades of grey shit.

I wouldn't say Cait is into rape as a fetish. I don't think she really registers anything as rape anymore. I could see bestiality, though. She'd get a kick out of pegging. I think she'd REALLY get off on giving blowjobs. She wouldn't respect a man to do anything domme-ish. But she would enjoy the feeling of being in a position to hurt a guy while she's pleasuring him. She's also a size queen.

Curie is into feet, tickling, and wetting her pants but not diapers.
>>
File: install.png (76KB, 628x972px) Image search: [Google]
install.png
76KB, 628x972px
>>172295509
Is there anything I need to keep when I purge my data file? Other than the ones with the DLC prefix because I need to keep those since I pirated my DLC

Do mods effect any other folders or do I just need to clean the data folder itself?
>>
>>172293419
>>172294826
>>172295637
Curie is French, she would definetly be into not shaving her armpits then.

>tfw no good armpit hair mods
>>
>>172295954

she was just programmed with a french voice modulator or some shit i imagine.

curie is into vanilla, hand-holding, consensual. please stop being lewd.
>>
File: minuteman seriously.jpg (63KB, 426x433px) Image search: [Google]
minuteman seriously.jpg
63KB, 426x433px
>>172295954
>armpit hair
>>
>>172294826
Curie
>Loyal loving wife you have passionate sex with but sometimes you get yourselves loose and go hardcore, your relationship is not only about sex but also about trust and adventures.

Piper
>That high-school crush you always wanted but then you lost your interest when you graduated and she moved in the big city, you met her few years later and yeah, you slept with her, but it doesn't count as a relationship because it was one night stand.

Cait
>That regretable sex you have when you get really wasted, next day you curse yourself and wish it never happened, it was a good rough sex though. You delete her number.
>>
>>172296387
If you think about it, not shaving is very not lewd since all modern sluts are expected to do it.

Not shaving makes her more innocent and pure as only dirty harlots expect to show off enough skin that being hairy could be an issue for them.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (553KB, 1600x933px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
553KB, 1600x933px
I quite like Fallout's general art direction. Rate my OC that I whipped up in Photoshop with almost only stolen resources
>>
>>172295954
>>tfw no good armpit hair mods
There's a couple
>>
>>172296667
But are they GOOD?
>>
Fuck it my niggas I am buying Nuka World and Far Harbor, gonna finish cheevos and I am off to installing 500 sexy mods and turn my Fallout 4 into waifu fap Minecraft game.
>>
>>172296785
>Buying DLC

They're super easy to pirate.
>>
Okay so I've never had trouble sorting out mods conflicting before but I've been having trouble the past day sorting some shit out with NV. I got like 107 active mods I think? No lag or slow down or anything like that but I do have some missing textures. I installed some more shit yesterday so I'm assuming it was some of that that fucked with everything.

Basically at first guns from weapons of the new millennia were missing textures as well as the bonesaw and wrench from robco certified, but I fixed that. Now I THINK that the textures for cigarette packets/cartons is fucked but I'm not sure. I reinstalled "Light up those cigarettes" or whatever thinking maybe something got fucked with that but I'm still having trouble. I'm up and about so I won't respond to people straight away but if anyone here could have a look at my load order and think something doesnt look right or has some advice that would be awesome help.

Heres my load order
https://pastebin.com/Eta6QY3Q

If you guys need some screens of the issues just say and I'll post em when I get the chance.

Also, I can't enter conversations or access vendors/item inventories, basically hitting E on a person or box doesnt work but I can open doors and enter places.

Spent all last night trying to sort this out, I'd rather not have to do a clean install but if it comes down to it, so be it.
>>
>>172296843
Not when I am on Steam and doing it for cheevos.
>>
>>172296618
very well done, anon. looks straight out of New Vegas.
>>
>>172296580

do synth girls grow body hair?
>>
>>172296928
Well they're supposed to be completely convincing humans aren't they?
>>
>>172296903
the DLCs are just like mods, you just drag, drop, and activate them in the ini or in a mod manager. it won't stop you from getting achievements on its own.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15639/
>>
>>172296785
>Fallout 4 into waifu fap Minecraft game.
Have fun, anon. You fucking fag.
>>
>>172296995
>>172296928
What if that's how they recognise who is and who isn't synth?

>THIS ONE IS A SYNTH! SHE DIDN'T GROW A SINGLE PUBE DURING 3 MONTHS I'VE BEEN SLEEPING WITH HER
>>
File: finchfarmmailbot.jpg (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
finchfarmmailbot.jpg
536KB, 1920x1080px
I hate how some of the Nuka World robot mods prevent you from choosing a paint job. Especially for mod that do not have a NW color scheme.

>>172296903
I got steam achievements for pirated Skyrim DLC. I doubt they changed their system, since.
>>
>>172297068
>>172297184
YOU GUYS DON'T GET IT

TODD HOWARD WANTS MY MONEY! HE NEEDS THEM TO KEEP HIS COMPANY RUNNING

>>172297149
Thanks!
>>
>>172297169
Hell, being waxed clean in the post-apocalyptic wasteland alone is suspicious enough. Where do they even get the razors to keep things shaved? Someone being totally smooth seems fishy.
>>
File: 1489340281490.jpg (82KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
1489340281490.jpg
82KB, 530x298px
>>172297357
by golly, I'd say you're right, anonymous! who wouldn't want to support such a kind fella?
>>
>>172297404
I crafted razors from one steel, checkmate.

>>172297473
bloody oath mate! dem merican folks got to get their cash
>>
>>172297404
>Where do they even get the razors to keep things shaved
Chimps banding together rocks can create shards sharp enough to cut hair, anon.
>>
>>172290265
Holding out on installing Sim Settlements.

Also, why is Elianora so popular?
She still has me blocked too.
>>
File: 1488563168265.jpg (298KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488563168265.jpg
298KB, 800x800px
For anyone who uses or has used the Animation Project for New Vegas, two questions:

First- is it any good?

And Second- Does the "NPC Push" fuction has any limitations like the sprint tackle in Project Nevada? I love using that mechanic (When it works...) but like how you still have to be stronger to use it. Does the push work anything like that or is it overpowered or useless? I'd just go test it myself but am still in the middle of modding and figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
>>
>>172274684
>Two shot Gauss rifle
694 damage
>explosive combat shotgun
222 damage plus ~15 for each pellet, I'm not sure exactly how much it is because I heard that demolition expert ups that
>instigating missile launcher
439/878 damage
Does big boy count?
>big boy
1432 damage, plus a shit ton more with the mirv mod
>>
>>172297404

perhaps the rads keep us smoothskins more smooth than usual. there aren't many particularly hairy wastelanders.
>>
>>172296905
Thanks!
>>
>>172298257
I actually installed it yesterday with a bunch of other mods. It looks good, but I'm >>172296854
so I haven't been able to play with it much. The combat roll looked interesting in videos but wouldn't work for me for some reason.
>>
File: robotfriends.jpg (315KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
robotfriends.jpg
315KB, 1920x1080px
There is something oddly satisfying about watching my creations own the Commonwealth.
>>
>>172288290
>scaled down to 50%, sunk into the ground, and shoved over a regular scaffolding tower
How do you achieve that?
>>
>>172299526
Institute pls
>>
Can anyone tell me at what circumstances is one allowed to create new bread?
>>
File: slogbotinaction.jpg (463KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
slogbotinaction.jpg
463KB, 1920x1080px
>>172299691
Scaling with Place Everywhere. Shoving and sinking with the same, or the pillar glitch.

The institute is long gone in my game. The Commonwealth belongs to the brave caravan bots of The Sentinel's Postal Service, now.
>>
>>172288114
Would you mind if I used these files in a mod project I've been wanting to make? They would work quite nicely for it.

Or could I just get around all that and make custom ammo types for that mod that makes it so you can switch ammo types like in New Vegas?
>>
File: 377160_20170328005643_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
377160_20170328005643_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Hmm....
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flICAai0RxM
>>
File: Fallout4 2017-03-27 22-43-38-61.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2017-03-27 22-43-38-61.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
This game's really pretty sometimes.

Also, rate my waifu!
>>
>>172300790
Goddamn that M60 looks nice.
>>
File: eli blown out.png (12KB, 373x250px) Image search: [Google]
eli blown out.png
12KB, 373x250px
>>172298197
>Also, why is Elianora so popular?

"girl" on the internet and Nexus circle-jerk. I bet "she" thought "she" was going to get file of the month for her shitty armor compilation mod.
>>
File: quarry.jpg (219KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
quarry.jpg
219KB, 1680x1050px
>>172300195
sure thing. go for it, anon.
>>
>>172300646

thats great, i wish the modding scene had as much enthusiasm for real mods, they can pump out memes in a heartbeat.

i kind of dont get the hysteria mind you, since i've always thought ME was some low tier trash. so i didn't have high expectations in the first place.
>>
How do I get more brahmin? I read that there's a lady who sells it but she's a random encounter and I'm not sure if I already met her, is there any other way to get more?
>>
>>172301613
ME1 is still loved because it wasn't completely repulsive, and there are just not a lot of space opera games.

ME2 was a dating sim for housewifes, which got it a huge and loud fan base.

ME3 managed to disappoint the fans of both games.

Andromeda isn't even commercial quality. Yet, it still has the ME name and sells for $60 + micro-transactions.
>>
File: AutismWare.jpg (307KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
AutismWare.jpg
307KB, 1280x1280px
>>172302105
Brahmin traps from one of the DLCs.

>>172302185
Have an image.
>>
>>172302105
wasteland workshop cages, or randomly from the settlement beacon.
>>
Kill or save paladin danse? Going for the MM ending
>>
File: 3102453-1489571550.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3102453-1489571550.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Who's keen for the new RWLE weather mod update for new vegas/ ttw?
>>
File: LUL.jpg (98KB, 858x587px) Image search: [Google]
LUL.jpg
98KB, 858x587px
>>172302315
save Danse, then wipe out the Brotherhood with your Minuteman brethren.
>>
man, I need a fuckin' hunting rifle suppressor.
>>
>>172302421
>when the massive airship gets shot down by fucking muzzleloading cannons
>>
>>172302421
He wont turn hostile?
>>
>>172302308
>>172302283
I don't have that dlc, thanks any anons, hopefully some show up soon.
>>
>>172302426
I found a fully modded .50 cal at kleos. That was tits. Though now i replaced it with one of the vendor legendary rifles from far harbour now.
>>
>>172302315

how can killing danse be real if danse isnt real
>>
>>172302615
There is a bitch who sells them you can run into. I found her around that diner by starlight drive in.
>>
>>172302615
You can also spawn them with the console.
>>
oh fuck i think i for really real killed trashcan carla in a crossfire, lootable corpse and all. i think its really over.
>>
>>172302421
>>172302457
>no mod to capture the pridwyn for your own and make Liberty Prime into the ultimate Minute Man Machine
>>
>>172262763
i tried a mod for random encounters, ended up with tons tons of super mutants spawning between primm and good springs and getting (imo) pretty high level loot. plus a ton of robots around novac too. worst thing was the mcm was supposed to have a menu but it never showed up. i ended up uninstalling it but you can try it and see if it works. http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42793/?
>>
>>172302862

iirc she comes back as a synth
>>
>>172302765
I'm on ps4, no can do.
>>172302703
I'll go look for her, thanks.
>>
File: macreeps.jpg (49KB, 397x635px) Image search: [Google]
macreeps.jpg
49KB, 397x635px
>>172303040
seriously? that's pretty cool. I love all the little touches that they added in 4.
>>
>>172302617
.50 cal would be a nice damage upgrade, but I have a hard enough time keeping up on .308. Thanks.
>>
>>172303310

Actually I don't see anything about that on the wiki.

I might have been wrong. I read somewhere that there's an NPC that will come back as a synth if killed, but cant remember who now.
>>
>>172303310
She doesnt. Shes been dead in sanctuary for 5 in game months in my game
>>
>>172303513
>running out of ammo
Do you not have scrounger?
>>
>>172284760
>the grenade and melee hotkeys
was there a melee hotkey? i only remember the grenade hotkey.
>>
>>172299236
> but wouldn't work for me
are you doing it right? i dont think the combat rolls work in first person, and you have to do a tap of the shift button plus holding the direction key.
>>172298257
its pretty fun. the grabbing animations for picking stuff up is kinda annoying, but the way they do running animations feels alot better compared to project nevadas.
>>
>>172303665
No perks at all, til I've got all SPECIAL at 10.
>>
>>172304417

why would you do this to yourself
>>
Okay, why does Nuka World crash after the gas room? Every crash I'm seeing reported should have happened long before I got to this point, with mods that I've been running with no problems at all, until this specific point.
>>
>>172304082
>are you doing it right?
I was trying in first person but I'm retarded, I was trying to hold shit and double the directional key durp. Thanks man.
>>
>>172302862
>picture

I think there are plenty of more fitting rifles to go with that AR-mask and Section-9 armor
>>
I think I might have killed the lady that sells the brahmin because I went to all of the places the wiki says she could be and I didn't see her anywhere, and I do have the knack of killing everyone I meet that doesn't belong to any faction.
>>
>>172304964
just realised im even more retarded, i meant third, not first. holy shit
>>
File: 20170328012815_1.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170328012815_1.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
>>172304964
no problem mate. now have fun.
>>
>>172304576
Alright, well, I'm completely out of ideas on what the fuck is causing this. Reinstalled DEF_UI, put on the patches for dialogue interface that for some stupid reason haven't been added to the main file after all these months, checked through every mod mentioned on over a dozen threads to make sure I either don't have them, or have patches for them. Nothing's left. I guess I don't get to see what happens after the gas room.
>>
Discovering you can send marcy long on a supply line has to be the best thing ever.
>>
File: its-all-so-tiresome-8881488.png (114KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
its-all-so-tiresome-8881488.png
114KB, 500x478px
>>172305009

i haven't messed with loadouts in a while, her melee is a giant rad-hammer which is even less fitting.
>>
>tfw you accidentally murder one of your supply lines while blowing up cars from a vertibird
>>
>>172307227
I got over that habit, rather quick. It's fun, but you never know who's around.
>>
>>172306808
Christ if this happens to me, I'm moving on to a different game.
>>
>>172301360
I bet she's mad she didn't. Despite Sim Settlements being a legitimately impressive mod, she's probably salty that her stupid clothing mod didn't get it. Which is why she's a lame person.
>>
>>172307609
Not like it really matters, I saved before entering the train, and I occasionally get random drops of the NukaWorld armors in the commonwealth. Probably just dumb memeshit in the actual themepark.
>>
>>172301360
>>172307621
>Hot files and file of the month list in less than 12 hours!
Ahahahaha.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>172307867
>>172307867
>>172307867
>>172307867
>>
>>172306808

i think you could use the "setstage" command to auto-pass it and get to the park proper, worst case scenario. also maybe post your modlist and someone might know whats wrong.

>>172307734

tons of new items, including weapons, armors, and automatron parts. a shitty companion no one cares about. an option to un-minute man yourself and play an evil raider character (to some extent), hours and hours more "explore, kill, loot" stuff, new settlement stuff. like far harbor, its quite a lot.
>>
>>172308017
Huh. Can you join the raiders attacking Concord if you've never met Preston before and joined the nuka gang?
>>
>>172308131
AHa, no.
>>
>>172290508
Preston threw a bitch fit after I told them I don't have time to escort them to Sanctuary. He doesn't even initiate the Minutemen questline for me.
>>
>>172308131

nah the nuka raiders are three new factions who kill regular raiders because they are superduper nuka raiders...

and preston goes back to being a loyal companion after scolding you a bit for being a raider.

gamebryo/bethseda limitations.
>>
>>172308239
you don't need to babysit them dingus just warp back
>>
So i did the MM ending.. i went back to danse's bunker and he wont say anything but a sentence at a time.. no option to trade anything or to join. y
>>
File: 20170327145038_1.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170327145038_1.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
>>172290265
I maintain the Fortress Monastery, Vault 88, Starlight Drive-In, and Tenpines Bluff as they're under my direct purview.

I've delegated the wellbeing of the other settlements to Imperial Governors. If they fail their people I will execute them and replace them. Imperial citizens deserve the best.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW81VGh8VnQ
Thread posts: 774
Thread images: 208

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.