[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #484

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 719
Thread images: 251

File: 1487602322500.jpg (42KB, 771x705px) Image search: [Google]
1487602322500.jpg
42KB, 771x705px
''And we could run away'' Edition

Previous Thread: >>171480209

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
http://lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
http://orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
http://orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
http://orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
http://orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
http://imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
http://strawpoll.me/11965358
http://strawpoll.me/12158769
http://strawpoll.me/12405766
http://strawpoll.me/12416723
http://strawpoll.me/12453760
http://strawpoll.me/12453759
>>
File: kate.png (171KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
kate.png
171KB, 425x516px
>>
File: Fixed.jpg (255KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.jpg
255KB, 936x936px
>>171805224
>>
File: No OT3 for Kate.png (186KB, 547x410px) Image search: [Google]
No OT3 for Kate.png
186KB, 547x410px
>>
>In Caulfield's dorm room, Kate Marsh watched as her friend hung out with Chloe on her birthday. Marsh had shared a beer with Chloe, well, Chloe had drunk most of it, but she'd had a few sips too! She wasn't lame!
>As their friends began to leave--including a scruffy older fellow with tattoos on his neck, the ever kindly Warren and others--Kate knew it was time for her short walk back to her dorm room.
>While smoothing her skirt, she reflected upon the evening and thought about how strange it was that Chloe slept over in Max's dorm so often.
>"That's not so weird. They have slumber parties. Maybe I'll invite them to come to my room!" she thought, giddy at the idea of the three of them watching movies and eating ice cream all night.
>She also thought about all the time Chloe and Max spent together. Aside from getting tea, whenever she spotted Max on campus she was walking or sitting with Chloe. Sometimes she spotted them in town, during hikes or at the beach. Max often rested her head on Chloe's lap while reading a book or playing with her cell phone, sending the much hated emojis.
>"Come to think of it, Chloe has been dropping off Max for our tea dates or arriving at the end to pick her up..." Kate shook her head. "I'm being silly. They didn't see each other for five years. They're making up for lost time."
>Then she thought about their habit of holding hands, leaning their heads on each others shoulders and wrapping their arms around each other as they walked.
>"That's not quite so strange," she thought. "I hold hands with...myself." She often clasped her hands together over her lap.
>Their hands made it onto each others laps quite a bit, often when they didn't think anyone was looking. Sometimes they gave a little squeeze, or a rub or a...

(1/2)
>>
>>171806005
>Kate bit her lip for a second when she heard Chloe say something to Max.
>"So Max, how bout we take this party back to my place?"
>Max blushed and nodded. "If the birthday girl insists..." She looked up at her with desire gleaming in her eyes.
>Kate turned to them. "That sounds fun. Can I bring Alice? She'd love to meet your new dog."
>Chloe and Max turned to Kate. The few remaining partygoers, including the now less abrasive Victoria Chase, raised their eyebrows or squinted at her in confusion.
>Max had trouble looking Kate in the eye as she spoke to her.
>“Um, sorry Kate,” she stuttered as she looked from her chaste friend's face to her own shoes. “B-but I don't think that's a good idea. Alice is a rabbit a-and--”
>Chloe smirked and stepped toward them.
>“Between Max and I, we've already got enough animals in my house. Besides, we planned on heading to my bedroom and--”
>Max's eye doubled in size before she smacked Chloe on the shoulder to interrupt her.
>Kate smiled good naturedly. “hopping on the bed like rabbits. You are such party animals, right?”
>Kate laughed. Max's penchant for puns had rubbed off on Chloe since they'd been spending so much time together.
>Chloe smirked. Some of the other partiers giggled. Victoria rolled her eyes.
>“What is she fucking blind?” Chase muttered.
>Kate smiled, not detecting the eyes on her.
>“That's alright. It's getting late. I have Church tomorrow.”
>Victoria rolled her eyes again. “Wouldn't want to miss that...”
>“...And I don't want to nod off and miss the good parts.”
>Chloe turned away and chuckled.
>They said their good byes and parted ways.
>Kate went back to her dorm room.
>“My. Max and Chloe are lucky to have each other. They're such good gal pals.”
>gal pals
>CHOO CHOO!

(2/2)
>>
File: max is 1.png (187KB, 700x650px) Image search: [Google]
max is 1.png
187KB, 700x650px
Max is #1
>>
File: 117241668_b0bc62928c-1.jpg (307KB, 521x463px) Image search: [Google]
117241668_b0bc62928c-1.jpg
307KB, 521x463px
When Joyce and David are out of the house, we all know what Chloe and Max do.

Hop like rabbits!
>>
File: you cant escape the frenchman.jpg (79KB, 326x406px) Image search: [Google]
you cant escape the frenchman.jpg
79KB, 326x406px
>>171805224
Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget
>>
File: MichelMichelMichel.jpg (252KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
MichelMichelMichel.jpg
252KB, 900x900px
Alice is forced to make a binary choice: live in a world where bunnies eat no carrots or Lisa dies after Max and Warren fuck on top of her then Frank spills beans on her leaves when he gets a turn while Chloe's tears salinate the soil, destroying her chances of regermination.
>>
Evangelical Republican a shit
>>
Michel a shit
>>
File: Pricefield4eva.jpg (14KB, 466x267px) Image search: [Google]
Pricefield4eva.jpg
14KB, 466x267px
>>171806564
>Chloe and Max don't return to Arcadia Bay when Blackwell re-opens, but stay in Portland.
>Kate Marsh contacts Max when she doesn't come back.
>“I'm with my girlfriend in Portland."
>Kate spurns the "devil worshiping hedonists."
>Without high school degrees, they don't find jobs.
>They end up living in Chloe's truck.
>After a few stints in prison, they seek help from their parents.
>Max's parents, mad at her for wasting their money by ditching private school, won't let her stay with Chloe and bring her back to Seattle.
>Max's parents blame Chloe for Max's bad behavior and prevent her from contacting Chloe.
>Chloe is abandoned once again.
>Joyce, a conservative southern woman, and David, a traditional Republican, send Chloe to conversion therapy in return for paying her debts.
>Kate suggests a clinic run by her church.
>Chloe is raped by multiple male orderlies each day to ungay her.
>Max wakes up.
>"Wowsers. What a horrible dream. Good thing I sacrificed that blue haired dyke to save the town.”
>Goes down the hall to suck Warren's morning wood.
>>
File: Pricefield.jpg (79KB, 802x516px) Image search: [Google]
Pricefield.jpg
79KB, 802x516px
BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
>>
>World'sBayest just spamming their shit at the start of the thread
>>
File: Alice x Lisa - Choice.jpg (47KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
Alice x Lisa - Choice.jpg
47KB, 375x500px
As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
https://instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
https://instaud.io/kWb
>>
File: 1485675584061.jpg (461KB, 1280x1272px) Image search: [Google]
1485675584061.jpg
461KB, 1280x1272px
Summer is coming.

What is /lisg/ doing this season?
>>
What happened to Cunts:), ChloePricefan420, KateMarsh69, Dementiaz, Skippy, Late Night Anon and so many other cool tripfriends?
>>
File: divine_capture.png (124KB, 1322x1385px) Image search: [Google]
divine_capture.png
124KB, 1322x1385px
>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending
>>
>>171807221
They were ridiculed out of the thread as any tripfag rightfully should be. Last I heard was Late Night jumping ship after losing an argument
>>
>>171807221
Skippy still comes around every now and then.
Pretty sure LNA is Saul Goodman
The rest may just be Anon now
>>
File: marshfielddd.png (580KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
marshfielddd.png
580KB, 1280x960px
>>171807221
Can confirm that Dementiaz and Katemarshfan69 are well but don't visit the thread anymore. Skippy was in the last thread. Chloepricefan posted about 5 months ago saying that they left to get their life back in order.

No clue where Cunts or LNA went sorry.
>>
File: katesfam.jpg (54KB, 646x634px) Image search: [Google]
katesfam.jpg
54KB, 646x634px
>>171805258
>>
>>171807976
LNA had a bit of a melt down and had a bunch of people turn on them and then kind of just disappeared.
>>
File: lesg gets upset.png (303KB, 1920x1290px) Image search: [Google]
lesg gets upset.png
303KB, 1920x1290px
Reminder that it's okay to cry, guys.
>>
File: michel caulfield.jpg (525KB, 1239x690px) Image search: [Google]
michel caulfield.jpg
525KB, 1239x690px
To All of You
Michel's girls it's sad to
>Imagine:) of world without imagination:)

Imagination:) I'd like to
Be part of the world around you
Driving in the car by the sea side
Watching endings from the bright side

To All Of You
Michel's girls in the movies
No one can tell where your body is
Michel's girls like imaginations:)
With shitty smiles:) and plastic brains
I wish i had an American imagination:)

I cry sometimes walking around my own place
Wondering why budget sucks sometimes
Talking about his own place
Somewhere around the imaginations:)
No one could dry his brain
Till he got tired to complain
That's when i shit to the imagination,to your imagination:)
>>
File: tumblr_oeke20N7CL1s00s3zo1_1280.jpg (289KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oeke20N7CL1s00s3zo1_1280.jpg
289KB, 960x1280px
The amount of copypastas in this thread has certainly hit an all new high.
>>
>>171809296
>finally, a song max can dance to
>>
What if Max went back in time and necked herself in the womb?
>>
File: the one with the gay girls.png (493KB, 1280x846px) Image search: [Google]
the one with the gay girls.png
493KB, 1280x846px
>>171802374
Calling a bunker storm breaker doesn't seem particularly noteworthy to me, hardly compelling evidence. You're still using cut content as evidence for the game, that's inherently fallacious reasoning. You can't judge any given work by what's left on the cutting room floor, otherwise I could say that because they decided to cut Nathans line about the storm coming it confirms that the Prescott's aren't responsible, otherwise the devs would have put it in the game. See the problem here? You have to judge the game by what it is, not what it isn't. I don't see LiS as post-modern in anyway, nor is there any particular relationship between post modernism and letting audiences fill in the blanks, for that matter Michel wasn't even a writer for the game. I don't see how you think the idea of Max not being responsible for the storm would somehow increase sales, the average LiS player wasn't obsessing over the use of the word destiny, and anyone that was would have bought the last episode anyway. Now Harry Callahan's my boy. But infallible he is not. Spirit animals, time travel and totem poles have no direct correlation to the concept of destiny. I will concede that destiny is a somewhat more prevalent concept in LiS than say... Dirty Harry. But not to the point that any use of the world holds significance.

>>171809521
Let's aim for the most purgatorial thread ever!
>>
>>171809521
It's actually annoying. Especially the shitposting ones.
At most two of three should be posted (Pricefield, and the one dispelling the endings)
The stuff about Michel, stupid theories from before Ep 5, etc. are barely relevant anymore and their charm has worn off.
>>
File: 1489997354660.jpg (1MB, 1280x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1489997354660.jpg
1MB, 1280x4500px
>Sbel is making stuff again
yay.
Now if only a few fic writers would come back from the dead and update/finish.
>>
Wow. I can't believe how lame this general is. Pastas whining about muh endings, or supporting that half finished 'bae' choice.

Everyone knows you're supposed to save the bay. It's the only choice the devs put effort into for fucks sake.

You're all supposed to grow up and accept loss, instead of throwing a tantrum and kill a bunch of innocents just to have your way.

Honestly, most of you don't 'get' the game at all. You're just pathetic children, nitpicking minute logic details instead of embracing a truly profound emotional moment and growing from it like an adult.
>>
File: YPI8ltO.png (24KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
YPI8ltO.png
24KB, 625x626px
>>171812845
>>
>171812845
At least it was original and fitting to the current thread.
6/10
>>
File: Michelle Koch.jpg (272KB, 1113x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Michelle Koch.jpg
272KB, 1113x1280px
>>171812845
Michel go back to your room, you little shit!
>>
Interesting that out of the two originally planned endings, only the Bae ending was there.
The other was the Hospital ending which was still illogical, but less of a blow than Chloe outright dying. I could see some looking past that if they could just conclude that she woke up.
Dontnod really stretched too far by trying to suggest Chloe dying would stop the storm, but ONLY if she died in that precise moment. That was just silly and contradictory to everything else.
>>
File: 1374694081047.gif (498KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1374694081047.gif
498KB, 500x281px
WHAT RELATIONSHIP DID RACHEL AND JEFFERSON HAVE
IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY
>>
File: alice_party.gif (356KB, 320x237px) Image search: [Google]
alice_party.gif
356KB, 320x237px
>>171810034
>>
>tfw you cant enjoy any emotion from the situation because you are stuck thinking how it doesn't make sense and that takes you out of the moment
>>
>>171814557
She knew, and was letting him take pictures. Then Nathan fucked everything up and tried duplicating Jefferson's old mo, drugging her. She had a bad reaction to the drugs and died
>>
>>171814557
They were definitely hooking up. But I don't know if there were any actual emotions between them.
I get the idea Rachel was using him and his influence to try to land a modeling job. He was using her for sex and his own model. Chloe says Rachel would have posed for photos, and she did use drugs so that may pull her closer to Jefferson and Nathan (Even though she had Frank for a time, she definitely cared about him but got scared and put some distance)

The real problem occurred when Jefferson/Nathan abducted her and forcibly drugged her. For whatever reason she woke up, realized what was happening, and maybe even learned they did this to other girls.
Even though Jefferson said it was all Nathan, that doesn't make sense to me. I think Jefferson realized Rachel was becoming a liability to him so he killed her with an overdose and then conveniently got blame it on Nathan and make sure he never disobeyed/questioned him again. Since apparently Nathan had feelings for Rachel, maybe a bit of jealously on Jefferson's part even if he doesn't want to admit it.

Overall it all very vague, complicated, and most of all: tragic.
>>
>>171814714
I want to see Alice dancing at the Blackwell prom
>>
File: sleep_over_by_staroseren-d9ajzov.jpg (973KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sleep_over_by_staroseren-d9ajzov.jpg
973KB, 1920x1080px
Goodnight, /lisg/.
stay comfy.
>>
>>171819080
Sleep well.
>>
File: 1432112268142.png (1MB, 1056x1532px) Image search: [Google]
1432112268142.png
1MB, 1056x1532px
>>
>>171816939
The line Rachel said about meeting someone that changed her life and the line that Jefferson said about how Rachel loved him just leaves so much room for interpretation.
>he killed her with an overdose and then conveniently got blame it on Nathan
Unless you mean Both Nathan and Jefferson drugged her and took pictures and while that was happening Jefferson gave her an overdose because in the game we see pictures of Nathan posing with her body.
>>
>>171820569
I want to bully middle school max
>>
File: I-it's_not_like_I..._.jpg (32KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
I-it's_not_like_I..._.jpg
32KB, 320x320px
>>171820885
Tsuntoria plz, we all know you bully Max because you long for the day when she turns around and slaps you. That tiny little hand of hers striking your cheek, leaving a searing red mark against perfect cream skin, reminding you that you're alive. By the time she slams you up against the wall and tells you how horrible you've been between rough gropes, that you're beautiful and talented and don't need to resort to that sort of thing, you'll be so fucking wet that your panties start floating. So you crane your neck and offer it to her. Enjoy the trail of gentle kisses and sharp nips down she plants down the path of your jugular vein, and groan in appreciation for a just moment. Then you whisper to your master: "Enough foreplay. Wrap your fucking hands around my neck and choke me blue."
>>
Sbel = God
>>
>>171822515
huh
yeah I guess I wouldn't mind that
>>
>>171823051
Fuck off you french cunt. (You)=Sbel=shit
>>
File: sad_kate.gif (377KB, 245x140px) Image search: [Google]
sad_kate.gif
377KB, 245x140px
>uncomfy insults in /lisg/
>>
File: tumblr_o0fjdjze5C1t5fghao1_1280.png (943KB, 722x1276px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0fjdjze5C1t5fghao1_1280.png
943KB, 722x1276px
>>
File: 1462296271430.jpg (846KB, 2048x1674px) Image search: [Google]
1462296271430.jpg
846KB, 2048x1674px
>>
File: 1490179181687.jpg (96KB, 1365x970px) Image search: [Google]
1490179181687.jpg
96KB, 1365x970px
>>
File: 17310114.jpg (843KB, 2048x1077px) Image search: [Google]
17310114.jpg
843KB, 2048x1077px
>>
>>171830784
L-lewd
>>
File: CeRXQhLUUAIlGq_.jpg orig.jpg (70KB, 703x701px) Image search: [Google]
CeRXQhLUUAIlGq_.jpg orig.jpg
70KB, 703x701px
>>
So this game is gonna have a sequel or not?
>>
>>171833160
They said yes.
Not the same characters.
>>
File: chillin_by_demonicrey-dauobfy.jpg (376KB, 2904x2046px) Image search: [Google]
chillin_by_demonicrey-dauobfy.jpg
376KB, 2904x2046px
>>
>>171810034
I miss molli :(
>>
File: tumblr_o2k0cbN2mB1taj3ado1_1280.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2k0cbN2mB1taj3ado1_1280.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>
File: floofy.jpg (646KB, 2311x1707px) Image search: [Google]
floofy.jpg
646KB, 2311x1707px
>>
File: lapnaptime.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
lapnaptime.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>
>>171833247
Fake News
>>
>>171841001
Yeah I'm pretty sure all that was said was 'we're done with Max's adventures'
We could get a game about a MISadventure
>>
I want to ____ Kate
>>
File: 1484898945666.jpg (909KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484898945666.jpg
909KB, 1920x1080px
>>171843429
corrupt
>>
Breakfast time!

>>171826075
The return of the kissing-crate

>>171839467
This one is really nice
>>
I want to be Max's, Chloe's and Kate's friend!
>>
>>171830784
REWIND THIS
>>
File: then and now.jpg (388KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
then and now.jpg
388KB, 1280x905px
>>
File: 1439313319671.png (613KB, 1280x867px) Image search: [Google]
1439313319671.png
613KB, 1280x867px
>>
File: i3KJrDm.png (1MB, 1147x1450px) Image search: [Google]
i3KJrDm.png
1MB, 1147x1450px
>>
>>171820797
They both did it.
Her shots were in the Dark Room so maybe Nathan did part of it, but Jefferson was there as well because of the pictures you mentioned.
>>
File: 1486824126899.jpg (324KB, 1280x902px) Image search: [Google]
1486824126899.jpg
324KB, 1280x902px
>>171846008
>Max and Chloe: Adventures Through Time!
I really, really need this to be a Saturday morning cartoon series. I don't know what it would involve exactly, but that pic is a good start.
>>
>>
>>171843669
That's not nice
>>
Is Max excited for Twin Peaks season 3?
>>
File: tumblr_o4jwef7qyy1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg (180KB, 1280x748px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4jwef7qyy1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg
180KB, 1280x748px
>>171849845
Absolutely.

Chloe is pretty excited for it too, because then their movie evenings won't include FF movies so often as Max's pick.
>>
>>171851509
Are they excited for the new Blade Runner movie?
>>
>Vampyr flops
>Dontnod rushes out season 2 to stay afloat
>It's significantly worse than season 1
>>
File: 1486929933177.jpg (630KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486929933177.jpg
630KB, 1920x1080px
>>171853740
>season 2 flops
>DONTNOD realise how important comfy, characterisation and Pricefield are to the series
>season 3 feat. >pic related
>>
>>171853740
Vampyr has no effect on S2

>>171854296
It's my dream that we'll see them again one day. Maybe.
Just look at stuff like Samurai Jack. Over a decade later and it's back! Maybe we'll see them again in the future.
WHATCHA
>>
>>171852514
They'll probably make a date of seeing it, but they will still love the original. If they even pay attention and don't just spend the whole movie starring at, and cuddling with, each other.
>>
How much longer can /lisg/ go without any news about Vampyr, the series, or S2?
Most conversations are just agreement or heavy disagreement because there are different views on some key parts of the game.
>>
>>171857412
I don't know, but it's slowing down a ton. ;_;
>>
>>171858865
It is also a weekday. /lisg/ is more active around the evening/night. And the weekends.
I am starting to miss the speed of when there was new content though. Hopefully not too much longer.
>>
>>171857412
If S2 is truly not even getting an announcement until 2018, the prospective is grim.
>>
>>171859221
Yeah, S2 probably not until 2018.
It may be slow now but things do pick up. Keep in mind the board moves fast sometimes.
If we absolutely had to we could move to another board but I don't see that being an issue yet, if ever.
As long as people watch the catalog and bump when needed. But at the same time I don't want /lisg/ to become an image dump with nothing going on.
>>
>no bodypillow with max's face shopped on
Well, the framed picture next to bed is creepy enough as is.
>>
File: 1486140386199.png (110KB, 465x427px) Image search: [Google]
1486140386199.png
110KB, 465x427px
>>171860795
>dat fucking poney on the shelf
Perfect. 10/10 Warren.
>>
>>171860795
That looks nice for a dorm room.
I think Max got gipped on hers. She'll have to make up for it with her apartment with Chloe.

>>171860940
Did you expect anything less? Just take a guess what kind of movies are on that shelf as well.
Photo on desk was probably just one Max took one day but her cherished it enough to frame it, hope he still isn't deluding himself when it comes to her.
>>
>>171860795
When's that contest end? I want to see more.
Only ones I've seen so are that, Brooke's dorm room, and Jefferson's hous by Captain Joshi (Which was fucking awesome)
>>
File: 1445550394755.jpg (1MB, 1998x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445550394755.jpg
1MB, 1998x1080px
>>171863313
Ends on 31st of this month.

I'm afraid there won't be too many entries. I think they have to be uploaded to the site, and as of now, it's still only a handful. But we'll see.
>>
>>171864427
Oh. That's a shame if there's more prizes then people. If I had more spare time and skill I would have tired to do something.
But all my ability is limited to hand drawn.

Unfortunately the LiS community has boiled down a good portion. Which is to be expected, it's only those now finding the game or those totally gripped by it that are around now.
Both a blessing and a curse that I cannot let go of things I get really into.
>>
File: tumblr_nov2mfocpk1u9grhgo3_1280.jpg (337KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nov2mfocpk1u9grhgo3_1280.jpg
337KB, 1280x720px
>>171864989
I'm not fussed; I'll be here with the last of you and feel all the more grateful and special for it!
>>
I want to see David's office at Blackwell. All the monitors, photos of him from the army, him and Joyce, even one he got from Joyce of Chloe smiling that he keeps on his desk.
If you look at Blackwell's floor plan he has a tiny office but Jefferson's is twice the size of his classroom (Still can't contain his ego)
>>
>>171860940
>>171862074
>Twilight

It could have at least been a good pony.
>>
File: 3cd8a33a.png (216KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
3cd8a33a.png
216KB, 600x338px
>even a FUCKING meteorologist bought Michel's bullshit

https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/613f73/ep5_spoilers_im_a_meterologist_and_i_think_that/
>>
>>171867973
>meteorologist
>So in my mind...

"""argument""" discarded
>>
>>171867973
STOP LINKING REDDIT
Christ.

Well now that you've done it, that guy's an idiot that contradicts himself in the same post.
>an EF-5 would result in the total destruction of the town...The damage you see in the Save Chloe ending is more akin to an EF-2 tornado.
>that tornado was going to kill everyone in the town
Fucking what?
>>
>>171868327
>Fucking what?
Redditor larping as a scientist, nothing new under the sun
>>
File: 336517_orig.jpg (272KB, 1055x800px) Image search: [Google]
336517_orig.jpg
272KB, 1055x800px
>>171867973
But he didn't buy his bullshit.

He simply said an EF6 (if it did exist) hitting the town like that would kill most of anyone. While that is arguable, that was the implication the game made: a very (supernaturally) powerful tornado hitting the town head-on. He himself admits that the destruction seen is more akin to an EF2, and he will make an estimate on what the body count could have realistically been for that (low double figures, from what I can tell by looking at similar instances).

>>171868327
He said he made his decision based on the assumption that everyone would die. Which... I also assumed it was going to be near total destruction. It was always about total dedication in my choice - that the destruction turned out not to be all too catastrophic is just a plus, after-the-fact.
>>
>>171867973
"I'm a meteorologist so I don't look back (at my forecasting record)"
>>
>>171869445
Oh okay. Now I see what he meant, he just worded it oddly.
He figured the storm would show everyone dead. When in reality it was all appearance with little actual damage.

I made the choice as well, thinking everyone would die. It brought me some extra comfort after knowing that was not the case. Most people survived.

I see someone there asking about Blackwell, which is on the hill, and I think it would have suffered little damage. Some broken windows and stuff but the buildings would have held up.
It was the coastline that took the brunt of it and then we don't see which direction it takes as it fades away.
>>
File: 56463813_p2.jpg (202KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
56463813_p2.jpg
202KB, 1600x1200px
>>171870061
Yeah, Blackwell should be fine. Windows and parts of the roofs gone here and there at most.

Then again, I'm not sure whether tornadoes get more or less powerful travelling up-hill.
>>
File: LiS_Tornado.png (72KB, 1297x541px) Image search: [Google]
LiS_Tornado.png
72KB, 1297x541px
>>171867973
>>171868327
>>171869445
Except he's not a meteorologist, because that's not how the EF system works at all.
>>
>>171871892
Just doing a simple Google search about a tornado going uphill says it won't change anything. Tornado can still wreck stuff or possibly do more damage according to some studies. But the point is elevation doesn't matter (Though I wonder what would happen if a tornado ran into a cliff face)

Even in that case, Blackwell is still far inland and tornadoes usually do not last that long.
Tornadoes rely on air pressure and temperature to keep going, going from sea to land would throw that off and possibly make the waterspout die down quickly.
Just another thing we're not shown since the only focus was on the coastline and driving down that one road where Two Whales is.
>>
>>171872834
He said the damage looked like an EF-2, which is correct.
The storm looker like a higher potential as it approached but the damage showed ultimately it was weaker than it looked.
>>
>>171873193
Right, except that tornadoes are rated on the EF scale based on the damage they've caused AFTER they've caused it.

http://www.tornadoproject.com/cellar/fscale.htm

>The original Fujita Scale and the new Enhanced Fujita Scale is used to rate the intensity of a tornado by examining the damage caused by the tornado after it has passed over a man-made structure.

>A key point to remember is this: the size of a tornado is not necessarily an indication of its intensity. Large tornadoes can be weak, and small tornadoes can be violent.

>The Fujita Scale is very subjective, and varies according to how experienced the surveyor is. We have many readers who have tried to do their own "surveys" of tornado damage when storms have occurred in their area. However, the less experienced the surveyor is, the more likely he/she is to be awed by the damage, and the more likely they are to give it a high rating.

>Media hype and inexperience with tornado damage also plays a big part in exaggerated F-Scale claims seen on television or in the paper.

>The Seymour, Texas, tornado of April 10, 1979 is a prime example of a tornado that is destined to be misjudged on the Fujita Scale. This spectacular funnel was probably capable of F4 damage, had it passed through a town. It produced only telephone pole and tree damage, and thus could be rated no higher than F2 damage.
>>
>>
Max is a good person!
>>
File: tumblr_omxq82ccx71w8saa6o1_1280.jpg (332KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omxq82ccx71w8saa6o1_1280.jpg
332KB, 960x1280px
>>171875578
>>
File: mychel_closeup.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mychel_closeup.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>>171875578
Good people don't let a town die just so they can bury their face between some slut's legs
>>
>>171876095
Good people don't write half assed conclusions for great characters, then waste their time playing overwatch and reading polygon in the workplace environment when they should be working
>>
>>171875578
Of course she is! Nobody here was claiming otherwise.
>>
>>171875851
Cute!
But that butterfly better leave her alone or else I'm calling Chloe with a flyswatter!
>>
>>171874395
From the visual, it appears more like a supercell, in its sheer breadth, and deep rotation, except, logistically, it is a tornado.
>>
File: 6b16285fa2185de153d22380fa5c609b.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6b16285fa2185de153d22380fa5c609b.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
>>171860795
Is there a collection of all the entries somewhere?
>>
>>171878667
Nope. Not even sure they have to be uploaded publically on their site. Just wait a week or two and we'll see them all. Gives us stuff in the immediate future to be looking forward to, too.
>>
File: tumblr_onahe0e6PV1vyq0vbo1_1280.jpg (101KB, 881x1566px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onahe0e6PV1vyq0vbo1_1280.jpg
101KB, 881x1566px
Pretty cool, but the recognition value is a little low.
>>
>>171877382
True. The actual funnel must be smaller in diameter and just kicking up a lot of water.
It really doesn't make sense.
>>
>>171880802
Very minimalist but good
>>
>>171881221
A Max from that same artist.
>>
File: tumblr_on1l2emzlH1vyq0vbo1_1280.jpg (153KB, 1055x1416px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on1l2emzlH1vyq0vbo1_1280.jpg
153KB, 1055x1416px
>>171881835
Her Chloe.
>>
>>171876095
Fuck off Michel.
>>
>>171874537
>Kate walks by
>>
File: animal ears.jpg (270KB, 633x1200px) Image search: [Google]
animal ears.jpg
270KB, 633x1200px
>>
File: Max cosplay.jpg (139KB, 729x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Max cosplay.jpg
139KB, 729x1097px
>>
File: mychel_feels.png (295KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mychel_feels.png
295KB, 400x400px
>>171876683
>Good people don't write half assed conclusions for great characters, then waste their time playing overwatch and reading polygon in the workplace environment when they should be working
>>
File: lighthouse.jpg (83KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
lighthouse.jpg
83KB, 1024x577px
See this. It's a metaphor for the true nature of society. The game starts with a small white girl rushing to the largest phallic symbol available. She knows she's weak, so she needs to go to the penis for protection. She's in a forest of tall, thin trees, a forest of lesser penises, if you will. But Max only cares for the largest one. The one she knows will protect her.
>>
>>171887489
Ouch.
>>
>>171887489
Fuck off, Warren.
>>
>>171887489
>The game begins in a moment of extreme peril for Caulfield. I might be going too far here, but I find it interesting that she is presented, not merely in trouble, but endangered by that most erect of phallic structures: a lighthouse. Make of that what you will.
--Polygon
>>
>>171867973
>reddit

into trash it goes.jpg
>>
File: warryn_story2.png (743KB, 420x5924px) Image search: [Google]
warryn_story2.png
743KB, 420x5924px
>>171888575
>implying warryn would be that Max showed no interest in lesser penises
>>
>>171889880
>would be that
*would be HAPPY that
>>
I bet Warryn has a micropenis.
>>
File: CqvKfrPWcAE-Azk.jpg (79KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CqvKfrPWcAE-Azk.jpg
79KB, 1200x675px
Apart from Red Dead Redemption 2 I'm not interest in any other upcoming gaming, much less Vampyr.

I just want Season 2.
Is that too much to ask?
>>
File: tumblr_ntm88hOWnQ1qmdowqo2_1280.jpg (683KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntm88hOWnQ1qmdowqo2_1280.jpg
683KB, 700x700px
>>171890341
The fucker sent Max a dickpic once.

As payback, Chloe had Max take this selfie and send it back.
>>
>>171891318
Warryn is a creep
>>
>>171891318
>index finger salute
When did Chloe join ISIS?
>>
>>171892952
What?

Anyway, I just noticed that she's actually doing the devil's sign. Didn't see her pinkie at first, so I thought it would be the universal "small penis" sign.
>>
>>171880802
This would be a cool phone background. Definitely LiS but I'm also getting a bit of a TF2 vibe.
All it could use is a little Pricefield silhouette holding hands.
>>
>>171891318
I doubt Warren would do that. He's not that gross or douchey.

If he did, he'd get more than a stupid selfie back; Chloe would beat the shit out of him, then take a picture of his flaccid dick and post it all over campus.
>>
>>171885276
>Max where'd you g- oh, hey Chloe. Hope I'm not interrupting anything.

>>171891318
He what?!
Max would kick his ass. Chloe would too.

>>171892952
That's the "love" hand sign.
>>
File: tumblr_on8xatDaqW1ru9d9fo1_1280.jpg (267KB, 1280x989px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on8xatDaqW1ru9d9fo1_1280.jpg
267KB, 1280x989px
Fanart for this new, ongoing, very promising cute fanfic: http://archiveofourown.org/works/10320806?view_full_work=true
>>
>>171887489
She craves the thundercock. The storm is the harbinger of Warren's magnificent ivory phallus.
>>
File: 1490127850685.png (232KB, 1280x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1490127850685.png
232KB, 1280x1283px
Max is cute and I want to hug her!
>>
>>171896571
>tornado is the manifestation of warryn's sexual needs
>Max always manages to avoid the tornado
>>
>>171810506
Storm breaker is a sign that the bunker was built to protect from weather, as opposed to bombs. Most of the shelters in Arcadia Bay were built during WWII and the Cold War when fear of foreign invasion or nuclear warfare were at all time highs. Given the other allusions to the Prescott's involvement with the occult, it merits thought at the least.

The line made the trailer, a part of the game. It's not quite cut content.

In the director's commentary, they talk about how they don't offer explanations and encourage fan interpretation. Both are hallmarks of post-modern thought. As co-director, Michel was above the writer. In film and video game, directors and producers control the story more than the writer. The scribe or team of typemonkeys accept assignments and work their ideas into a coherent storyline. After that, they're passed notes, directives on where to revise. The process repeats itself a few times at minimum before final tweaks after the product is near completion.

The ending choice was clear to many players from the beginning. Leaving room to save Chloe without guilt would offer something of a feel good ending or at least alleviate fans. If they knew what was about to happen and would feel bad for their choice, they might wait for a pirated copy or watch a playthrough online. The video game was nearly a cinematic experience anyway. The amount of debate dedicated to the final choice is proof of its value to players.

Destiny is a supernatural concept. Spirit animals are supernatural. Native American religion and culture is steeped in mysticism. They're interrelated at the least.

Dirty Harry is human, which, much Max and Chloe, makes him a more beloved and cherished character than his one dimensional brethren. His depth of understanding of the human condition is not without fault, but the quote was pertinent. There's too much evidence pointing to the Prescott's summoning the storm to flat out dismiss.

>purgatorial
What? I rain hellfire.
>>
>>171816939
Jefferson and Rachel had a sexual relationship if nothing else. He assisted in her abduction and drugging, as he was closer to Amber than Nathan, at the least. The photo of Nathan posing with her body in the junkyard lends to the theory that Jefferson helped with some of the shots, if not digging her final resting place.

Rachel said she met someone who had changed her life, which lends to the theory that her relationship with Jefferson was more than sexual. With a sociopath, it's difficult to know how genuine his feelings were. The overdose was accidental, though, so it's doubtful she knew about The Dark Room or Jefferson's pseudo-BTK photo-project. There's no evidence to support she knew their crimes, but it's interesting to think about her finding other women to drug. She wasn't entirely honest with Chloe. There were hints to her manipulativeness. Whether it reached the depths of outright deceit and sadism is left to the imagination.

>>171814714
Too cute. Rachel and Chloe drove to an L.A. rave for no other reason than to see that.
>>
File: tumblr_nszlgzTVlA1u3jkfwo1_1280.png (332KB, 500x760px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nszlgzTVlA1u3jkfwo1_1280.png
332KB, 500x760px
>>171896940
Go for it, Chloe!

She totally loves hugging you too, dude.
>>
>>171897415
It's truly stupid to "watch" a video game, when it was designed to be interactive, with your choices affecting the characters and environment.

The game is not nearly as impactful if you watch a playthrough, so don't encourage it.
>>
File: BinaryChoiceFingering.png (124KB, 604x670px) Image search: [Google]
BinaryChoiceFingering.png
124KB, 604x670px
>>171898630
Nothing says I love you like a morning grope.
>>
File: amelior.png (422KB, 648x748px) Image search: [Google]
amelior.png
422KB, 648x748px
>>171898630
>>
>>171898673
Don't know why you're replying to that post, but I'm also baffled by how often people throw around LiS youtube playthrough recommendations. It's such a bizarre pastime to watch someone play a narrative-based game when you own it.
>>
File: 1485976995321.png (718KB, 540x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485976995321.png
718KB, 540x1080px
>>171898630
She's good for kissing too!
>>
File: 1486336463810.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486336463810.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
What are they watching, /lisg/?
>>
>>171899727
Cannibal Holocaust.
>>
>>171899727
My Own Private Idaho.
>>
>>171900652
Good film. Speaking of LGBT films, after her traumatic discoveries regarding Rachel, how would Chloe handle Boys Don't Cry?
>>
>>171899727
Blue Is the Warmest Color.
>>
File: corky.jpg (17KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
corky.jpg
17KB, 400x250px
>>171899727

Bound.
Main Character is a lesbian who wears singlets, leather jackets and drives an old pickup truck.
Really stereotypical right, but check this. It has a happy ending!
>>
>>171901225
>>171901548
I'll check out those films, but...why do they only watch LGBT films? They're not obsessed with their sexuality. Max and Chloe are still human.

I think they're watching Dark City for the first time, or maybe Pandorum or Pitch Black when John's gets his head bitten off. Both are fans of science-fiction.
>>
>>171900870
Hard to say. I think they'd both have a difficult time handling emotional cinema altogether, for quite a while. Stop mid-way through to cry in each other's embrace, until they are ok again and continue. Or just sleep like that.

How do you mean does Boys Don't Cry relate to her discoveries regarding Rachel, though?
>>
>>171901961
She found Rachel's dead and rotting corpse. She was a victim of violent crime. Sexual assault and physical attacks are depicted in Boys Don't Cry. It would hit Chloe close to home on a number of levels. Finding one of her first love's dead would make the film more traumatic though.
>>
>>171902215
Oh, I thought it was something more specific you'd had in mind.

That kind of stuff would definitely be hard. But as a bit of a comfort, Rachel's death was not violent. It was terrible, but there was no physical pain from what we have to assume. And it was also not a sexual assault. Well, it was. But not in the way it was for the girl (boy) in the film.
>>
>>171901917
You don't need to be obsessed with sexuality to watch LGB films, just like straight people aren't obsessed with being straight if they watch straight romances; it's called "identification".

Don't be a dumb hetshit.
>>
>>171903008
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
File: Christ-Chan Kate best Kate.jpg (42KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
Christ-Chan Kate best Kate.jpg
42KB, 425x516px
>>171897735
>it merits thought at the least
True.

>It's not quite cut content
A trailer is not a part of a game. It's a trailer. Otherwise there would be no reason for people to get upset when a trailer misrepresents a game. I've seen plenty of trailers that simply don't reflect the final product.

>Both are hallmarks of post-modern thought
Not really. Granted, post-modernism is a broad term. But it is primarily defined by a sense of self awareness. LiS borrows tropes and story structure from other works, but it doesn't reflect insight into them, nor does it subvert them in any way.

>Leaving room to save Chloe without guilt would offer something of a feel good ending or at least alleviate fans
Why are you under the impression dontnod didn't want the fans to feel guilty? The games climax is a guilt trip. If they really wanted to give fans an out they should have been far more explicit in the Prescott's supposed involvement. As it stands most of the fan base think of the Prescott's the way they do Samuel, something interesting to speculate about. The trailer for the series finale has Max saying, "All this chaos, the storm, it's all my fault." That line is far more explicit about developer intent than bunker names.

>If they knew what was about to happen
You're describing a very small number of the overall player base. And again, anyone in that deep would have most likely just bought the last episode anyway.

>They're interrelated at the least
This is true. I concede, it's not unreasonable to take this as evidence of Prescott involvement. Though I maintain that sometimes a turn of phrase is simply a turn of phrase.
>>
>>171898446
I don't think Rachel was working with them at all. Maybe allowing herself to be photographed or doing drugs with Nathan, but maybe the last night she saw the other binders or something and was like "What the fuck is this?!" and then it devolved into Nathan trying to drug her, Jefferson photographing her, her waking up, and then a big "oh shit" moment when they realized she was awake and alert.
After they killed her, Nathan was hysterical so Jefferson drugged him to calm him down, took more photos at the junkyard, buried Rachel, and then told Nathan everything was fine (There's debate about if Nathan even knew she was truly dead or not)
>>
File: campy.jpg (148KB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
campy.jpg
148KB, 800x566px
>>171897735
>There's too much evidence pointing to the Prescott's summoning the storm to flat out dismiss.
Having a large amount of evidence says nothing about the quality of the evidence. Hard-ons and butcher knives are more compelling evidence than post-modernist Frenchman. But I'll admit some of these molehills are bigger than I thought.

>I rain hellfire
Of all the posts on this board your stuff is by far the least purgatorial. I don't even register a lot of what's posted here anymore because I've seen it so may times before.

>>171899046
Whenever people respond with "It's to see the reactions" I get doubly confused. Watching people react to stuff has to be the most brain-dead form of """""entertainment""""" I've ever head of. Different strokes I guess, but I'll never see the appeal.

>>171901917
For what it's worth I'd recommend against watching bound, waste of time desu.
>>
File: 1450308347706.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450308347706.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>171904597
I've been getting into reaction videos a little bit, but not for LiS.
Something about some of them amuse me. I guess since I can't relive watching something again for the first time, I can see how others handle it.
A lot of the time it's obnoxious though because people clearly weren't paying attention and get surprised at the most obvious things.
Or they are way too eccentric and just scream.

Anyway, more comfy camping.
>>
>>171904597
>Of all the posts on this board your stuff is by far the least purgatorial.
>purgatorial
According to Bing that means the least cleansing or purifying...

>Hard-ons and butcher knives are more compelling evidence than post-modernist Frenchman.
LiS is a more subtle piece of work than Dirty Harry, although the title character is more layered than most fans will admit.

The quality of the evidence is strong, but it's difficult to find at times. I didn't discover the name of the bunker until my second play-through. Some of it is easy to gloss over if following the main plot, but it's there.

>>171903484
>But it is primarily defined by a sense of self awareness.
>primarily defined
That's debatable. In the movement's literary permutations, they argue nothing is original and the reader's interpretations are as valid as the authors. The emphasis on their feelings is as valid as the artist's in that sense. Post-modern painters care more about reactions and engaging the viewer than expressing meaning.

>self-awareness
The camera focus on Twin Peaks was more than a heavy nod. Max speaking to Max in the diner portion nightmare sequence was close to breaking the fourth wall.

>The games climax is a guilt trip.
It's moreso a crisis/morality call. The sacrifice forces the player to make an emotionally charged choice that will leave at least one person dead, possibly many more, either way.

>A trailer is not a part of a game. It's a trailer.
Trailers weave portions of a piece of art to instill interest. Outside of the occasional gimmick, such as the Cheese Wheel footage for This Is Spinal Tap, the trailer only contains footage of the artistic work in question. Re-arranging footage, editing in a different manner or placing one sequence of audio over another bit of video is manipulation not fabrication. Misrepresentation uses source material in a disenguineness way, e.g. the "comedy" trailer for The Room.
>>
File: 1485813272897.jpg (780KB, 947x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1485813272897.jpg
780KB, 947x1304px
>>171904381
I'm pretty sure he admits to it during the phone call...Please present the evidence against.

In the meantime, I'll dream of finding the Max to my Chloe.

Goodnight /lisg/.
>>
>>171906197
There's not really any evidence. Just trying to piece things together.
Nathan acts excited when he sees Max in Rachel's clothes in Ep 3, as if he thinks for a second it's really Rachel.
He may know she's dead but denies it, or he may truly hold out hope. Either way by Ep 4-5 it's clear Nathan remembers/knows that she's dead and that he did it or at least helped.
That's when Jefferson would tell him the Dark Room had been discovered and that more people would have to die. Perhaps the point when Nathan calls Max to confess and try to apologize. But by then it was far too late for numerous reasons.
Jefferson says Nathan killed her, which may be true but I still think Jefferson played a part in it.

Sleep tight.
>>
I've come across numerous fics that decide to make Max and Chloe get into a car accident after the storm.
Why do people keep doing this? Especially when a few just stop updating after.
>>
File: imagination_overwhelming.jpg (21KB, 397x423px) Image search: [Google]
imagination_overwhelming.jpg
21KB, 397x423px
>>171906963
Because tragedy is beautiful. Jeez, it's like you haven't actually played the game.
>>
Pretty sure beautiful tragedy is an oxymoron. It's still a tragedy, even if the sacrifice has meaning. It's still just as sad.
>>
>>171907660
Beautiful is an aesthetic term while Tragic is an emotional term. For it to be an oxymoron it would have to be something like 'happy tragedy'

Even then, there's precedent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_culpa
>>
File: A B S T R A C T D E S U.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
A B S T R A C T D E S U.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>171906017
>According to Bing that means the least cleansing or purifying...
This post has a toxicity rating of 97%.

>That's debatable
Very true. Naming the final episode Polarized does suggest more interest in player reactions than implicit artistic meaning. In fact, before Max's conversation with herself the player can trigger a fourth wall break by failing to enter the code for the bathroom door fifty times, causing Max to complain about stupid developers. However I hesitate to call it post modernism because it seems more to me like an imitation of other post-modernist work, as opposed to a simulacrum of the tropes it wants to subvert. Much like the camera focus on Twin Peaks, it shows imitation, not an expression about the nature of imitation. Post modernist work should be transcendent, not derivative. But obviously that too is highly debatable.

>It's moreso a crisis/morality call
Agreed. But without the aspect of guilt the choice is far less emotionally charged in my view.

>editing in a different manner or placing one sequence of audio over another bit of video is manipulation not fabrication
Call it manipulation or fabrication, but it ain't the game. It's a ship of Theseus problem, exactly how much can you manipulate the footage before it becomes disingenuous. Lev Kuleshov would say that any re-arrangement fundamentally changes the footage, I would agree. Same goes for the audio. For that matter, are you certain that line actually appears in a trailer? I was under the impression it was simply an unused piece of audio.
>>
File: 1477640780565.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1477640780565.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
They look otterly adorkable
>>
I bet Max's hair smells nice.
>>
>>171911461
Chloe can confirm it does
>>
File: ep 2 release.png (186KB, 260x939px) Image search: [Google]
ep 2 release.png
186KB, 260x939px
Episode 2 was released 2 years ago.
Say something nice about it!
>>
>>171913661
Episode 1 was neat, but Episode 2 really hooked me on the characters. All of Max and Chloe's interactions were great and made me need to see more of them.
>>
>>171913661
Hi episode 2. You were better than episode 5. Plz stop trying to kill Kate though. That wasn't cool.
>>
>>171913661
Episode 2 was where I realized that Chloe really was Max's friend after all that time and wasn't just using her/her power. Also the stuff with Kate was really emotional and I'm glad I saved her.
Second favorite episode, with 3 being my favorite.
>>
File: tumblr_nk7ej1hnsN1qbvo12o1_500.jpg (121KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk7ej1hnsN1qbvo12o1_500.jpg
121KB, 500x671px
[Sound of Chloe snoring and Max mumbling about the dream she's having]
>>
>>171913661
SEASON 2 WHEN
>>
>>171913661
You're my favorite episode.

Sorry Kate
>>
File: ep1_bathroom.jpg (57KB, 760x428px) Image search: [Google]
ep1_bathroom.jpg
57KB, 760x428px
So I just finished the game. 10/10 was totally wrecked by the ending. I chose bay, but I've been told that option isn't kosher around here. Can someone explain why picking Chloe is the better choice?
>>
>>171918637
Chloe and Max's relationship is a very special thing, some people dislike when others choose Bay for that reason.

I like them both, myself. Bae is good because, I mean, Chloe is alive. Max and her can be a couple together. But Bay is also good because of the emotional impact of being forced to basically kill the woman you've come to love over the past week to save the lives of everybody else in the town.
>>
>>171918637
>Can someone explain why picking Chloe is the better choice?

Is the only choice that doesn't feel out of character.
>>
How will Kate and Alice celebrate Easter?
>>
File: HellaLogic.png (103KB, 1200x892px) Image search: [Google]
HellaLogic.png
103KB, 1200x892px
Pic related might be helpful, newfriend.
>>
File: 1449079912749.gif (264KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449079912749.gif
264KB, 800x600px
>>
File: 1449080058965.gif (284KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449080058965.gif
284KB, 800x600px
>>
>>171922549
>>171922645
Well, shit.
>>
File: scatology.webm (3MB, 1850x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scatology.webm
3MB, 1850x1080px
>>171922905
what is it with these girls and shit, anyway?
>>
File: tumblr_oa64zqb6U41s0uhrqo1_1280.png (429KB, 614x974px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa64zqb6U41s0uhrqo1_1280.png
429KB, 614x974px
>>
>>171923272
I'm sure it must be a tradition among girls to accompany one another to the bathroom.
>>
>>171923272
>tfw you will see Max and Chloe reactions to 2girls1cup
>>
>>171924430
>Why don't we try that?
>>
>>171912010
I bet Chloe's hair smells awful.
>>
>>171926279
OH GOD NO
>>
File: aliceprice.jpg (98KB, 600x752px) Image search: [Google]
aliceprice.jpg
98KB, 600x752px
>>
>>171928264
No, it smells like blueberry.
>>
File: based luc.png (484KB, 627x957px) Image search: [Google]
based luc.png
484KB, 627x957px
Is Luc, dare I say, /ourguy/?
>>
>>171929745
You dare.
>>
>>171929745
>such Pricefield, wow

Now we know where the awkward memes in the dialogue came from.
>>
>>171928264
We don't really see her shower, and she smokes a lot, so it'd probably smell like smoke, sweat and deodorant.
>>
>>171930869
We never see her eat, or go to the bathroom, and her hair stays exactly the same for all 5 days, and her mouth doesn't match up with her words half the time...

Is Chloe... an alien?
>>
>>171931709
She does eat, and we never see the other girls go to the bathroom, so, it doesn't work, you sarcastic little goose.
>>
>>
>>171928264
Smells fine. she showers regularly (With or without Max)

>>171930614
So it's not just Christian. Both him and Luc are little dorky memesters.
>>
>>171931709
Well she is pretty out of this world
>>
File: 1462380940931.gif (796KB, 440x270px) Image search: [Google]
1462380940931.gif
796KB, 440x270px
>>
>>171933636
I love everything about this picture except Max's face. The eyes make her look about 5 year old.
>>
>>171929745
He's been our guy for ages.
>>
>>171935210
I think the only thing missing from it is her eye shadow
>>
File: tumblr_nulngrh4xL1t6sko9o1_1280.png (432KB, 1145x1400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nulngrh4xL1t6sko9o1_1280.png
432KB, 1145x1400px
>>
File: tumblr_nulngrh4xL1t6sko9o2_1280.png (547KB, 1145x1400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nulngrh4xL1t6sko9o2_1280.png
547KB, 1145x1400px
>>171937394
>>
>>171937394
>>171937527
Cute :o
>>
>>171937527
Aw. She loves you too, Chloe.
>>
File: 1489191962428.jpg (127KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489191962428.jpg
127KB, 1024x1024px
Mods are asleep. Post best couple.
>>
File: bang__by_residenteebles-d95m3zg.jpg (305KB, 1024x1575px) Image search: [Google]
bang__by_residenteebles-d95m3zg.jpg
305KB, 1024x1575px
Fuck (you), Jeffershit.
Stop abusing your internet privileges before the guards beat you.
>>
File: Jefferson x Death.png (47KB, 500x582px) Image search: [Google]
Jefferson x Death.png
47KB, 500x582px
>>171939023
FTFY
>>
File: tumblr_ojfc326t7I1rzigwto3_1280.jpg (162KB, 730x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojfc326t7I1rzigwto3_1280.jpg
162KB, 730x1280px
>>
>>171939023
>No one will appreciate you the way I will... Maxine
>>
>>171939023
I want Jefferson to be turned into a human walrus, like in Tusk.
>>
:p
>>
>the FF where Max is a witch and attends a witch school hasn't been updated in two months
>>
>>171939249
>Chloe
>Gun

She'll probably shoot herself again on accident.
>>
>>171928830
Alice has become a delinquent since hanging out with Chloe.
>>
>>171942714
Chloe's got a fierce look and Max is doing her best model post. Both look nice.

>>171948080
She's ready for the mosh pit!
>>
Wakey wakey, /lisg/
>>
Lisa did nothing wrong.
>>
>>171951617
How can an innocent little plant even do anything wrong?
She livens up the room's mood, teaches some kind of responsibility, and returns your love by making oxygen. Lisa's good.
>>
File: tumblr_nqs1utTKR81tfe8o8o1_1280.png (275KB, 1280x964px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqs1utTKR81tfe8o8o1_1280.png
275KB, 1280x964px
>>171950587
But I wanna sleep!

Do I get something?
>>
File: tumblr_nq35phMwfD1ra7cmho1_500.jpg (42KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq35phMwfD1ra7cmho1_500.jpg
42KB, 500x510px
>>171952281
You get a coffee and a Chloe-kiss
>>
>>171945583
Aren't there a bunch of those? Like Harry Potter crossovers that exist for just about every single fandom?
>>
What kind of anime does Chloe watch?
>>
"I know that life is strange" updated. Short chapter again but at least Max got Chloe back (yay!)
Use her last photo, fucked up, Jefferson got his gun pointed at her, she rewound and pretty much teleported behind him and then got the gun to Chloe.

That last chapter with Chloe dying (again) stuck with me a bit. If Jefferson was that evil in the game I wouldn't be satisfied until I saw him dead.
As long as Nathan doesn't go even more insane it looks like the story's almost done.
>>
>>171955558
Yuri.
>>
>>171955558
Whatever used to be on Toonami or other blocks. Sitting there with Max watching them of being on an internet chat if it was late.
Now they still watch Toonami together but Chloe has a lot of catching up to do on stuff since she was busy.
I could see her really liking Kill la Kill.
>>
>>171957346
They could invite Victoria over, too. She'd act all shy and say no at first, but she'd give in to the little anime nerd inside.
>>
>>171957678
Victoria and Kate would only watch French animation and art films.
Over time, Victoria would help her learn the language.
>>
>>171957965
Victoria owns an anime figurine. Nobody who isn't a total anime nerd buys the figurines.
>>
>>171957678
While Victoria may like anime, I don't think she and Chloe will ever get along to the point of sitting down to watch something together.
Maybe during a double tea/coffee date (Max + Chloe, Kate + Vic) they could discuss some stuff.

Otherwise it's best they only see each other in small doses if they don't have their partner there to keep them calm.
>>
>>171958225
I feel like Victoria would (hopefully) calm down with her put downs towards other people when she gets older. She won't always be an insecure 18 year old. Her and Chloe could probably get along, in the right contexts.
>>
>>171958635
I don't know. Judging from what little we hear in the game, the two of them have a past and it is not a very good one. Plus Victoria really disliked Rachel.
I don't think they will hate each other, but I also cannot see them being buddy-buddy if it's just the two of them. At most maybe having a conversation if it's needed (Like Chloe wanting to get an opinion on something regarding Max)
>>
>>171959098
>At most maybe having a conversation if it's needed (Like Chloe wanting to get an opinion on something regarding Max)

Exactly what I mean by "get along in the right contexts" - They're not going to seek out each other's company, but they can talk without going for each other's throats right off the bat.
>>
>>171959450
Oh okay. That makes sense.
>>
File: tumblr_nywiefc8Kg1tcs6nno1_1280.png (178KB, 540x562px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nywiefc8Kg1tcs6nno1_1280.png
178KB, 540x562px
>>
>>171961979
>Max with Chloe's beanie
>Chloe with a little ponytail
CUTE
>>
I take pride that /lisg/ is still intelligent and civil compared to most other generals.
Good work, guys n gals.
>>
>>171961979
Cute
>>
File: jamming.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jamming.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: chloe then and now.jpg (332KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
chloe then and now.jpg
332KB, 1280x1707px
>>
Chloe is Peebee.
>>
>>171965193
Whenever I see this I think of them playing "Max & Chloe" from the soundtrack. Max strumming the notes and Chloe accentuating beats with the keyboard and background noise.
>>
>>171966235
What does that mean?
>>
>>171969072
I think it's something relating to the new Mass Effect. Since that's all I saw when googling "Peebee"
>>
>>171963769
Probably because it is a small community
>>
File: CWs4F9_UEAArMNr.jpg (25KB, 499x624px) Image search: [Google]
CWs4F9_UEAArMNr.jpg
25KB, 499x624px
Chloe is cute!
>>
File: tumblr_o3ohavrnuz1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg (178KB, 1280x785px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3ohavrnuz1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg
178KB, 1280x785px
>>171972212
Max agrees!
>>
File: Wingedcorgi Pricefield Prom.jpg (574KB, 972x1334px) Image search: [Google]
Wingedcorgi Pricefield Prom.jpg
574KB, 972x1334px
Blackwell Prom DLC when
>>
>>171974731
Never haha :)
>>
File: avg_jap_schoolgrill.jpg (47KB, 670x413px) Image search: [Google]
avg_jap_schoolgrill.jpg
47KB, 670x413px
>>171974731
>dat huge bow on Chloe
>>
Michel did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1440384228672.jpg (174KB, 622x622px) Image search: [Google]
1440384228672.jpg
174KB, 622x622px
>>
>>171977098
It's pretty nice. Maybe Sailor Mercury partially inspired her look.
>>
Chloe should make a mood hair dye
>>
File: cxv.png (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
cxv.png
32KB, 400x400px
>>171980491
What is that?
>>
>>171981557
It changes color with your mood. Blue for happy, red for angry, and so on.
Chloe (and maybe Warren) should team up to make it real.
Then Max can do a photo set around it.
>>
File: 1486422465969.png (118KB, 549x632px) Image search: [Google]
1486422465969.png
118KB, 549x632px
>>171966235
Max is clearly PB.
Chloe is Marcie.
>>
>>171978368
He didn't have the skill to craft a narrative that would convincingly lead where he wanted it to.
>>
>>171981973
Warryn would scam them and take all the royalties
>>
>>171985920
Max goes back in time, tells Chloe how to make it, and then she's the sole owner. Well her and Max.
>>
>>171983942
To be fair he can't be responsible by himself

Other writers should have seen how illogical the endings were.
>>
>>171988471
If you are the game's director, the buck stops with you. Everyone else basically follows your lead and vision.
>>
>>171988471
>>171989317
It seems like every writer and director dropped the ball. The time between episode 1 and 5 was almost a year and they didn't go back to check that things lined up.
They wrote the game with the beginning of the story and final dilemma in mind, changed one of the endings, and then failed to link things up properly in the middle.
Both through making things logical and considering Max's feelings and behavior (She even calls out a similar dilemma of letting a close friend die and calls it stupid and says it can't be the case).

Most people simply overlooked it, but /lisg/ is far more observant of events and understanding of the characters than other places. Or those who made the game.
I just hope they realize the criticism and don't make the same mistakes again.
>>
It's the weekend!
>>
>>171990135
Early episodes were spectacular, but even from the beginning you could see signs that the devs were getting lost in the details of the narrative. Namely in that they produced an utterly baffling conception of what 'Blackwell Academy' was, which they went on to repeatedly contradict.

If you can't work out a coherent description of a high school, it doesn't bode well for wrapping up tons of intricate plot points, dialogues, and decisions.
>>
>>171993802
As soon as I found out the original title was "What If?", it became really clear where the game was likely headed and I could see even early on it wasn't going to make sense.
They could have easily made it consistent from the start but they were trying to mislead the player. Which annoys me greatly.
Showing things to make them appear more interesting and then at the last minute going back and saying "Yeah, your first guess all those months ago was right. The game ends with this cliche choice." It's dishonest and lazy, and it left a bad taste in my mouth for a really long time. Still does to an extent.
>>
>>171867973
Apparently he made an analysis on the tornado

https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/61afd1/ep5_spoilers_a_meteorologists_analysis_of_the/
>>
>>171961979
Is that Warren? This looks pretty cool.
>>
>>171995292
What do you mean is it Warren? It's clearly Chloe and Max.
>>
>>171994534
tl;dr

"Y'know, the damage isn't really that severe, but I'm gonna go ahead and say 330 people died from a source I pulled outta my ass"

Seriously, he doesn't know how the EF system works at all.
>>
>>171994534
>300 people died
How does he conclude that? He says the storm LOOKS like an EF-5, which is not how the EF system works since it's a post-storm rating, and then says the damage WAS less significant than initially thought. Giving the storm a realistic rating of EF-2, or 3 if you're being generous.

That's also not accounting for the fact that people saw the storm coming in advance and that Oregon does occasionally get tornadoes.
Saying the town was pretty much leveled, and Blackwell entirely destroyed, is just a guess with no evidence. Unless the storm somehow picked up power after passing by Two Whales, it didn't do anything different than it did by the coastal area. If anything it lost power after moving inland because the air pressures changed.
He's reaching a conclusion after he already says what is shown does not lead to that conclusion.
>>
>>171996945
My mistake, he says 300-600 people died.
Yeah right.
>>
>>171996945
Not only that, the average lead time for tornado warnings is 13 minutes.
Arcadia Bay had nearly 30-45 minutes of actually seeing the tornado right fucking there before it hit them.
>>
>>171997247
Doesn't Warren text Max hours before (When she's still in the Dark Room) that the storm is looking really serious and getting worse?
People would have realized and found shelter.
>>
>>171997360
Correct. The exact times:

>8:46 AM - Storm starts to be visible (via Warren text)
>9:03 AM - Tornado becomes apparent (via Warren text)
>12:17 PM - Max checks phone in Dark Room
>12:19 PM - Max steals Jefferson's car

We can assume she made it to the diner around 12:30-40. If we assume further that the beach timeline resumes shortly after, and it takes 15 minutes to hike to the lighthouse, the townspeople would have had around 4 hours to prepare from when the tornado startet
>>
>>171998023
If we want to reach a bit, at least some of the residents had a warning lead time of 24 hours

Because Nathan knew about the storm
>>
>>171998023
They were fine then.
In the final timeline David is in the Dark Room some time earlier since he manages to save Victoria, so he was aware it was a bunker and could have rushed into town and brought Joyce and the others there. During that time Max and Chloe were on the beach or working their way to the cliff so they were not aware of who was in the diner/town and who wasn't since events changed.
>>
>>171994534
Sounds like bullshit to me.
And I bet he picked the Bay ending too.
>>
>>171999637
Well he at least saw the Bae ending if he was able to pull the numbers out of his ass.
It's not a question of lives. It's a matter of principle and dedication to a loved one, you do not put a price on Price.
>>
>>171998446
No telling how many people also realized the stuff throughout the week and started preparing for more.
The bottom line is that people would have had to been extremely oblivious or unlucky to get caught unaware in the middle of that storm.
>>
File: 1465771014739.jpg (321KB, 1200x948px) Image search: [Google]
1465771014739.jpg
321KB, 1200x948px
>>
>>171910976
>Post modernist work should be transcendent, not derivative.

Post-modernists argue that all work is derivative, whether it pokes fun or not.

>But without the aspect of guilt the choice is far less emotionally charged in my view.

/lisg/ argues there's no reason to feel guilt about the decision.

>I was under the impression it was simply an unused piece of audio.

I'm pretty sure it's still in the game, but it's in the trailer at the very least. I haven't looked up unused audio from the game and remember hearing it during my first playthrough.

>Lev Kuleshov would say that any re-arrangement fundamentally changes the footage

That's an appeal to authority. Summaries explain the core of a piece. Trailers are persuasive summaries. Their purpose is to condense the concept of the film and entice watchers to check out the full feature.
>>
File: Max's_Dad.png (230KB, 389x407px) Image search: [Google]
Max's_Dad.png
230KB, 389x407px
Do you think Ryan is as dorky as Max? Or did she get that more from being around William?
>>
>>172003407
I wish I could form an opinion on Ryan but we never got a chance to meet him.
But I doubt he's a bad father.
>>
>>171974731
Chloe isn't wearing a pantsuit. It's not canon.

>>172003407
She gets that from being herself, an individual human being with a unique personality.

From what is shown of Ryan, he sounds like a generic dad. He hides whatever edge brought him to the Pacific Northwest back in the day behind a big bearded smile. He's the dad from Leave It To Beaver in a flannel suit, i.e. what all hipsters will become some day.
>>
>>172003703
That's not a pantsuit
>>
>>172003960
...Which is why I said she's not wearing a pantsuit
>>
File: tumblr_ocepd6qSJV1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg (126KB, 783x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocepd6qSJV1ujvkloo1_1280.jpg
126KB, 783x1080px
I don't see anything wrong with Chloe in a dress. At least one like that with a vest and boots.
Still being unique and her own style.

But suit Chloe is fine too. All depends on the occasion and her mood.
>>
>>171880802
LiS in an Oxenfree style is the feeling I got from this
>>
>>172004871
True, but not for a formal event with as much significance as prom. If Pricefield attended, Max would push Chloe to wear formal attire. For Price, that's a suit. She looks good in the vest and skirt look, but it's not refined enough to qualify for prom.
>>
>>171997139
>300-600 for a tornado that only knocked a few bricks from one wall, and failed to blow over a billboard.
Guy's a fucking genius
>>
>>172005174
If Dana and Juliet were helping organize the prom then it probably would have some kind of theme.
Max and Chloe can add to, and adjust, their outfits to fit in with it.
>>
File: chloe016-kiwirabbit.png (460KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
chloe016-kiwirabbit.png
460KB, 1000x1000px
>>171972212
flattered, but flustered
>>
>>171994473
Would have been great if they'd really decided to fuck with the player. Set up the usual cliche then subvert it by having the moon drop on earth if you decided to kill Chloe. Since if you say use of powers = bad, there's no guarantee that another use of powers won't make things worse
>>
>>172006168
Chloe is hardcore but she lets all her guards down with Max and is entirely open.
It's seriously adorable and touching.
>>
>>172005785
Chloe won't sacrifice her own style to fit into whatever the Vortex Club plans. She'll dress the way she likes to with respect to the level of garment required.
>>
>>172006825
If Max wanted to abide by the theme she'd do it. Or if was was like a Caribbean/topical theme, show up in the finest fucking pirate garb she can find.
>>
>>172007721
Max wouldn't ask Chloe to do that. She respects her individualism.
>>
>>172005785
Dana would dress as Elvira for Halloween.
>>
>>172006825
If it's Halloween, Chloe would probably show up dressed as Victoria just to duck with her
>>
>>172008072
I did that to someone in college. It was worth it.
>>
>>172008072
That feel when your phone auto-corrects your profanity
>>
>>172008072
Vampire Chloe. Asks Max to borrow her camera, scares the shit out of Victoria, then hands Max a photo of the spooking.
Before getting chased down by Chase and hit her handbag while repeatedly saying "Worth it!"
>>
File: tumblr_oditxbKUIj1rtnagno1_1280.jpg (350KB, 1280x1575px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oditxbKUIj1rtnagno1_1280.jpg
350KB, 1280x1575px
>>
I'm surprised that the Undertale general is way more active than ours.
>>
>>172010120
/lisg/ is pretty slow, but there's slower.
Most of the time it's a comfy pace, but I don't know if it will hold out another year.
>>
>>172010120
I'm not. the Undertale fandom is still pretty big.
>>
http://xlazyxwriterx.tumblr.com/post/127993483348/warren-graham-character-analysis-and-theories

Ugh, now where was my bleach again?
>>
File: bedroom_eyes.gif (2MB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
bedroom_eyes.gif
2MB, 500x180px
>>172012004
>http://xlazyxwriterx.tumblr.com/post/127993483348/warren-graham-character-analysis-and-theories
>Imma tell you something: This game adapts to your choices.

Is it weird that I found this the most """""""triggering""""""" thing in a fucking article about warryn?

The game actually doesn't really react to choices wrt Max and Chloe. You can't, for example, run off and spend at least half of each episode with Warryn. You can't even take an action that stops Max and Chloe from shooting these thirsty eyes at each other in cut scenes. If you don't kiss Chloe, Max laments that she wished she had in her journal. Most of it isn't a matter of an adaptive game. It's more that the game is sufficiently vague that certain fan demographics (warrencucks) can ignore half of what's been shown in front of them.
>>
File: puke.gif (67KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
puke.gif
67KB, 200x200px
>>172012004
>About Me: You can call me Lazy, I promise I won’t get offended much. It’s the name I go by on the internets these days.
>I write Life is Strange fanfiction as well as original stuff, but people are usually less interested in that. XD I ship GrahamScott, GrahamField, CaulScott, ChaseScott (both plantonically and romantically) and AmberPrice

>CaulScott
>as in Max/Nathan
OK, nothing else matters. fuck this bitch
>>
File: mushrooms.png (334KB, 1101x1674px) Image search: [Google]
mushrooms.png
334KB, 1101x1674px
>>172003385
>Post-modernists argue that all work is derivative, whether it pokes fun or not.
But not that all derivative work is post-modern.

>/lisg/ argues there's no reason to feel guilt about the decision
We believe what we want to believe, it's all we ever do.

>That's an appeal to authority
It was more an appeal to the concept of the Kuleshov effect. I have no idea what Lev actually believes about the Theseus paradox.

>Summaries explain the core of a piece
Or they don't. There is no arbitrary line in the sand here. Either all trailers are a part of the work it portrays or none of them are.

But I think the original point has gotten away from us here. Janny is pretty ban happy lately so best to end it here I think.
>>
>>172012705
I don't know which is worse. Shipping GrahamScott, or CaulScott.
>>
>>172012942
CaulScott is worse.
There's no way Max would want anything to do with the scum that attempted to shoot Chloe.
>>
File: 1430401708860.jpg (92KB, 679x719px) Image search: [Google]
1430401708860.jpg
92KB, 679x719px
>>172012004
>people seriously think that Max is an undefined, blank slate, RPG sort of character that can be ''molded'' by player's ''choices''

And the worst part is that DONTNOD supports this idea to give players a sense that they have the illusion of choice.
>>
>>172013204
>>172012942
Honestly, even Marshfield is a much more realistic ship.
>>
>>172013204
The lower the number, the worse the ship

1. CaulScott
2. Max X Jefferson (I don't know the name for this one)
3. GrahamScott
4. GrahamField

I don't think there's even one good ship for Nathan, Jefferson, and Warren. Maybe Nathan and Victoria?
>>
>>172013449
>pretending you made a deeper game than you actually did
pretty standard MO for mychel and co
>>
>some dude makes a thread on /v/ about a japanese visual novel
>no one sees a problem
>a LiS thread is made on /v/
>LOL THIS IS NOT A GAME GO BACK TO /tv/

I'm a weeabo as much as the next guy but this is just ridiculous.
>>
>>172013540
Marshfield would be possible if Chloe and Max weren't soulmates. There's a chemistry between Kate and Max and I can see why it appeals to some.
But I'm Pricefield for life, and even if I wasn't- it's clear Max is.

>>172013667
Putting Max with someone who tried to kill her friend(s), and then someone who abused numerous people including her. Oh yeah, Max is totally going to start romancing a psycho who pulls guns out in school, or a psycho who's like double her age and a serial killer.
What the fuck is wrong with some people.

Some people seem to pair Nathan with Warren just to give them someone and use it as an excuse to write really kinky stuff.
>>
>>172015758
GrahamScott is the worst, how much did they even interact and in what way? The most notable thing I remember is when Warren beats the shit out of Nathan when he pulls the gun

Other than that, it's in the parking lot, and Nathan gave Warren a black eye then
>>
>>172015339
You should be used to that. Most of /v/ just writes it off as "Tumblr: The Game" (And then got mad when we adopted that as a tagline/joke).
A good amount of them never played LiS and only have seen certain clips of it or make judgements from Chloe's appearance and initial attitude. It's a game that requires some brain activity and empathy, so I'm not surprised they don't understand it.
>>
>>172015913
Yup. The only interactions they have are beating the shit out of each other.
For some, that's enough to build a relationship around. But a lot of writers for that pairing just ignore all the Dark Room stuff, Nathan's just a student with father issues. Speaks loads about him when the only way to tolerate him is to water him down and not mention the drugging/murdering.
>>
File: tumblr_nwyb0m8sm11u9grhgo1_1280.png (679KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwyb0m8sm11u9grhgo1_1280.png
679KB, 960x540px
Max is a girl that knows what she likes, and she likes Chloe.
>>
>>172016265
Idd.
>>
File: warren.jpg (48KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
warren.jpg
48KB, 500x544px
Nathan pounded Warren's face with his fist. The little bastard had gotten the best of him previously, defending those two putrid dykes while he was high, and now it was payback time. There was no chance for Warren to escape: he lay limp on the ground with Nathan straddling him. That big fist coming down hard, over and over.
Eventually, Nathan heard a cracking noise, as Warren's cheekbone started to give way, and the continuous whimpers from the pathetic mass of flesh that it was attached to rose noticeably in pitch. The combined noise brought great satisfaction, and he felt a throbbing in his loins. He was hard. Almost as hard as when he'd shoved his gun in that blue-haired dyke's gut.
"I'm going to stop pummeling your face..." He finally said, backing off slightly. Warren groaned appreciatively. "...With my fist." He concluded, and Warren's swollen black-eyes grew wide with shock as Nathan began to unzip his fly.
>>
File: peace_and_harmony.jpg (408KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
peace_and_harmony.jpg
408KB, 1280x1280px
Everyone's asleep...
>>
File: 1451954754991.png (24KB, 241x152px) Image search: [Google]
1451954754991.png
24KB, 241x152px
>>172017635
>>
>main menu changes as you progress the story

I don't know why but I love this little feature in the games I play.
I hope they'll implement this as well in the next season.
>>
>>172017635
Strangely hot, and satisfying.

Keep going.
>>
File: tumblr_o272ufIYaa1r65vwho1_1280.jpg (476KB, 723x1023px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o272ufIYaa1r65vwho1_1280.jpg
476KB, 723x1023px
>>
>>
File: 1487123209215.jpg (94KB, 736x1452px) Image search: [Google]
1487123209215.jpg
94KB, 736x1452px
>>172013667
>I don't think there's even one good ship for Nathan, Jefferson, and Warren
Nathan/Kate
Jefferson/Max
Warren/Chloe

Oh yes: I'm a bad, bad boy.
>>
>>
Someone post the comic by Tom Gould, with Chloe and Max on the bay, and Chloe being held by Max in her wheelchair.

I need the poem.
>>
File: foundlove.png (747KB, 930x458px) Image search: [Google]
foundlove.png
747KB, 930x458px
>>172026393
>>
>>172026537
Thank you.

I'm going to write it in a mother's day card, as I think it's her type of sentimental poem.
>>
>>172027102
That sounds like a good idea.

The Tom Gould comics sometimes do get a smirk out of me. This particular comic is pretty funny, actually.

I just want to hold this Chloe, and I'm glad Max does.
>>
>>172027321
My personal favourite.
Psychopath Max is Best Max.
>>
>>172027665
This is edgy and infantile.
>>
>>172027321
They do me, too. They're usually in good fun, and the morbid stuff is quite playful and absurd.
>>
File: 5 Fucking bottles.jpg (503KB, 636x2732px) Image search: [Google]
5 Fucking bottles.jpg
503KB, 636x2732px
>>172027698
No, it's funny and deliberately light-hearted. And you're just going to have to deal with that.
>>
>>
File: KateVicAlice.jpg (208KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
KateVicAlice.jpg
208KB, 600x700px
>>
>>172027665
I really hate this guy's comics
>>
>>172029634
There's only a few of them I like.
>>
File: t3k8cq8zbjny.jpg (436KB, 2732x3272px) Image search: [Google]
t3k8cq8zbjny.jpg
436KB, 2732x3272px
LOL
>>
>>172030734
Okay, I laughed. But I didn't feel good about it.
>>
>>172030734
That is funny.

https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_oe3bm3hV5U1re4mjgo1.mp3
>>
File: Comedy.png (509KB, 1000x1321px) Image search: [Google]
Comedy.png
509KB, 1000x1321px
>>172029634
I fail to even see what other people find funny about them. The punchline is either lol so randum XD or Max is a psychopath. I've seen Nickelodeon sketches with better writing.
>>
>372 replies
>33 posters
/lisg/ is dying, aren't we?
>>
>>172032473
We are definitely hitting a slow period. But we won't die.

And there'll be things to speed it back up again.
>>
The recreational bar area in Mass Effect: Andromeda is called the Vortex.
>>
>>172033669
Even LiS has better facial animations than ME: Andromeda.
>>
>LiS thread on /v/
>lol tumblr the game
>Chloe is a fucking blue haired cunt that deserves to die
>Warren can be a romance option
>Max was straight in my game

It's incredible that reddit and /v/ has almost same opinions about LiS
>>
>>172035529
The facial animations are fine, and regardless, Mass Effect has always had janky animations. No one actually gives a shit.
>>
>>172036525
I think there are quite a few people that used to or even still come here in threads over there. Weirdly enough.

Maybe it's just someone that wants more people in here, and kind of shills the game with those threads for people that actually like it to come here.

Regardless, the world is full of shitty opinions. With LiS' fame comes a good share of that, as well.
>>
File: 1488145256333.jpg (322KB, 1280x1219px) Image search: [Google]
1488145256333.jpg
322KB, 1280x1219px
>>172036525
Reddit isn't nearly as much of a hivemind as /v/ or /lisg/. They regularly have threads from both Bay and Bae sides, and Warrynfags are tolerated along with people who didn't like Chloe.
>>
>>172036525
What? Reddit loves LiS, they're all just bayfags because muh emotion
>>
>>172037725
From my experience Pricefield shippers/Bae pickers are still majority, I would say 65%
But everyone still defends the idea of Warren being a ''romanceable'' option.
>>
>>172032473
Hi, I'll be poster 34
>>
>>172038227
...Or that the endings were brilliant.

They're Michel's shit eater so to say.
>>
>>172038394
actually 35 bro
>>
File: tumblr_nsic7mdBv61txsjbgo1_1280.png (509KB, 856x1096px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsic7mdBv61txsjbgo1_1280.png
509KB, 856x1096px
>>
File: 1484875872613.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484875872613.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
I love you so much, /lisg/
Please, don't die you're my favorite Life is Strange fan community.
>>
>>172039460
If it dies, it'll come back when Season 2 is announced.
>>
File: RailMaxAndChloe09.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
RailMaxAndChloe09.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>172039460
Never.
>>
File: 722019.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
722019.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>172039692
This. Season 2 announcement is gonna be a huge draw. I'm looking forward to /lisg/ dissecting every tiny little bit of news and putting >CHLOE + MAX CONFIRMED everywhere.
>>
>yfw Max's only appearance in season 2 is a minor character
>She's sitting next to a silent Chloe if you picked bae and she's by herself if you picked Bay
>>
>>172038581
O shit
>>
>>172039692
But it's going to move away from Chloe and Max. I don't care about the franchise, I just care about Chloe and Max and /lisg/ without them is no /lisg/ at all.
>>
>>172040451
If they have new characters as good as Max and Chloe, then I'll love them just the same, although those two will never leave my heart.
>>
File: max_is_cute.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
max_is_cute.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>172039692
No, I'm not gonna let that happen, besides the TV show adaptation and Vampyr will keep us alive for a while.
I'll buy Vampyr when available and do a stream in first hand if you guys are up to. I don't doubt that there will be some LiS references or easter eggs in it and the game itself looks like it has potential.
>>
>>172040551
I feel the same.
DONTNOD gave us Max and Chloe so of course they can create similar characters or even better written ones.
>>
>>172040236
It would be interesting if the game takes place some years before 2013 and in some part of the game, main character travels to Arcadia Bay and stop by in Two Whales and we see Max and Chloe there.
Any sort of non-canon cameo would be awesome.
>>
>The Life is Strange team finally announces the unannounced project they have been working on
>It's a completely new game that has nothing to do with LiS

What would be /lisg/'s reaction?
>>
>>172041540
Nothing, because LiS Season 2 was already announced
>>
>>172041667
Well, not officially.
The devs showed interest in making a new season but nothing concrete has been said.
>>
File: 1489860610_YyzRTr1BMA4.jpg (92KB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489860610_YyzRTr1BMA4.jpg
92KB, 764x1080px
>ywn have hair this floofy
>>
So... What are we doing for /lisg/ #500?
>>
File: tumblr_nwgym3exz81uo1g48o3_1280.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwgym3exz81uo1g48o3_1280.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>172040743
The cutest!
>>
File: tumblr_odkct7AXNC1ujvkloo1_1280.png (896KB, 876x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odkct7AXNC1ujvkloo1_1280.png
896KB, 876x1080px
>>172040942
>so of course they can create similar characters or even better written ones.
Blasphemy!

I doubt they'll again manage to create characters that resonate so deeply with so many people, that so many people care so deeply about. For many, there's no precedent for it. It's an emergent thing, and I don't think I'll ever love video game characters this fiercly again.

Besides, they are perfectly human. In fact, I've never felt any character more human, more alive - regardless of medium. Real human beans. You don't get realer than real.

I do believe they'll manage to make me care again though. ...Care more than I normally do with video game characters, at least. It's obviously not all coincidental emergence.
>>
I think Dontnod will create more great characters. They won't replace Max and Chloe and the others, but hopefully add to it.
new personalities and looks without feelings like a reskin.
It may take some time to get used to them, like it did to get used to the original cast, but I think they can do it.
My biggest concern is the story. I don't want to see lovable and realistic characters get subjected to mental torture and illogical tragedy for no reason.

>>172043378
Something cute! (I dunno)
>>
>>172040743
>>172043593
I want to hug her! If she gave me permission.
>>
One thing Bayfags always love to say is that the Chloe's funeral takes place after the tornado so in their mind Chloe being dead = no tornado.
But is that true? Does the game tells the exactly day when Chloe is buried? Because I don't remember that.
>>
>>172046814
The Friday the storm would come, Max's power cannot go to the future or directly to the past.
She can only rewind a few seconds or jump into a photo for a little bit but then she has to play catch up until she gets to the present (The point she originally traveled from) so time can continue.
So there's no storm in the Bay ending's timeline in that moment...but it's still coming at some point because Max did not cause the storm. At most her time traveling may have accelerated it a day or two.

Not like she'd find out because she never let that happen to Chloe. The storm happened and everyone moved on to repair and make things better.
>>
>>172046814
>Chloe being dead = no tornado
We see in episode 4 and 5 that's not the case. Chloe's dead but the tornado is still coming.
>>
File: 1435291826209.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1435291826209.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>172046293
I want to be Chloe, just so I can have Max do that startled little jump in my arms.

But really, I just wanna watch it over and over again and feel the Pricefield energy. Like so.
>>
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/life-strange-co-directors-say-season-two-would-work-max-chloes-story-told-1533438

>"A second season would work but the story of Max and Chloe is told, their character arcs are closed."

what did they mean by this
>>
>>172049243
I think in order to Bay ending ''make sense'' she has to die in the moment Max discover her powers, in the bathroom at exactly time and day and by Nathan's hands.
Which is bullshit, even in a fictional story.
>>
>>172050026
>Which is bullshit
Agreed. Max made changes before she saved Chloe and the very fist rewind is impossible to do because it was involuntary and moved Max back as well.
There's explanation that explains why Chloe dying in the bathroom stops the storm. I can't even see the Bay ending as a touching scene because I know it's not what Max would do and I know it wouldn't fix a thing, just make them worse for the characters.
Truly a terrible ending and it makes me mad over half the people willingly picked it.
>>
>>172049775
Well what else is there to do about Max and Chloe? Other than rewriting EP5
>>
File: 1480985364185 (1).jpg (98KB, 726x767px) Image search: [Google]
1480985364185 (1).jpg
98KB, 726x767px
Hey i just finished this played it for like 22 hours straight.

what now? I didnt think i could fall into another fandom again... man... is there like a best fanfic list? I dont even know what i want, are there cool things i can learn about?

Why was there no way to save everything why dude

I also went into this not knowing anything i didnt even know it had girls love in it when i am a girl in love witha girl also and she doesnt even know why i have been crying this past hour
>>
>>172052229
Welcome! You can never leave now.

For fanfics, Ouraboros is the best fluffy fic, then Better Then and Eternal Return for more serious fics. Also check the fanfic comp in the OP.
>>
File: 1480119319369.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480119319369.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>172051474
Work to undo the damage caused that week. Re-do it or a better and more fitting outcome.
Or just accept what happened in the past and move on. Personally I'd love a direct sequel set like 5 years later but I know it will never happen.
Dontnod are done with Max and Chloe. Maybe a tiny cameo/reference is the most we will get. :(

>>172052229
There's a list in the OP but I don't know if you'll find what you're looking for there. It won't hurt to check, there's a decent variety.
Best to go on AO3 under the Pricefield tag and then add in other tags/categories to try to find what kind of story you want.
>>
>>172052510
I will vouch for Ouroboros. If you don't mind things being *too* fluffy sometimes, it's fantastic.
Well written, lots of cute moments, some drama carried over from the game, and building character relationships that are great to read about.
>>
>>172052770
Is there like a big album of lis fanart?
>>
>>172054260
Not that I know of. Most stuff here's from Tumblr and people viewing tags and saving stuff. Or following specific artists so they can get updates.
Or the few Anons that also go to the LiS subreddit repost stuff they find there.
>>
>>172054260
I think some people shared their image collections for download but I don't know where to get them.
>>
>>172056290
try the discord
https://discord.gg/3KEsu
>>
File: tumblr_olj2cyf2Gb1vhxunoo1_1280.png (170KB, 600x830px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olj2cyf2Gb1vhxunoo1_1280.png
170KB, 600x830px
THE MIGHTY CHLORITTO HAS SPOKEN
>>
File: 1480837079575.png (107KB, 281x507px) Image search: [Google]
1480837079575.png
107KB, 281x507px
>>172059178
I pledge allegiance to the Chloritto and the wisdom for which she... lies.
>>
I wish someone made a Chloritto con Max.
Pricefield Roll.
>>
>>172032473
Fuck off already

I'd tell you to kill yourself but I guess spamming the same thing over and over again is the only thing keeping you from doing it
>>
Max is a bad person haha :)
>>
>>172062482
If Max is a bad person then everyone else must be absolutely terrible.
>>
File: pfheba65fxky.jpg (652KB, 2977x3765px) Image search: [Google]
pfheba65fxky.jpg
652KB, 2977x3765px
>>
Something (else) that rustles my Jimmys about the final choice:
It's supposed to be a choice between two things Max has been trying for the whole game: protecting Chloe and protecting the town. Except Max hasn't really done anything to protect the town. She's just fucked around the whole week. You can warn one homeless person to leave town. Infuriatingly, it actually works too - perhaps she should have considered warning multiple people.

If they wanted this to be a big "you can't have everything you want" moment, we should have seen Max attempt (and possibly fail most of the time) to get people to be somewhere else on Friday. Try to make saving the town, becoming the hero actually mean something to Max.
>>
>>172063838
That's a great style and posing.
Is there a link for more?

>>172064717
Exactly. The entire game Max is focused on Chloe or, for the few moments, Kate (when she's in peril and needs that help on the roof.
Max was never given a chance to warn numerous people about the storm and it makes no sense. At most, they would just call her weird or crazy, but some that trust her may heed the warning or keep it in their mind. So that when they see it forming, they realize the storm is real.
It's not Max's fault, it's the developers not letting her.

At the time of the choice Chloe is asking that you protect her family. Which I think is the biggest thing for her, Chloe doesn't want to lose her mother and stepfather just as she's realizing she didn't treat them right and she doesn't want Max to feel guilty.
Of course, it's Max's choice and she wouldn't let Chloe die like that (And I know that as parents, Joyce and David would give their lives for Chloe's if needed.)
But it's not needed. Joyce and David would have found safety during the storm, as would have lots of others in the town.
Just take a look at Max's diary and you fully realize what her priority was.
>>
Never mind. Found the source.
https://lisislyf.tumblr.com/
They're also done some of those cute little doodles.
My only gripe is that sketch is a "birthday present" for Chloe, but then they gives lines and references to the Bay ending. Which amounts to:
>Happy Birthday, you're dead and died in a horrible way.
That's just silly.
>>
>>172064717
But anon, everything cannot be perfect. :)

Sure, the person they were searching for they find a rotting corpse, Max's idol teacher is a serial abuser and murderer, her classmate a killer, people close to her have gone through serious shit, everyone has their serious problems, she herself has gone through traumatic shit, Kate can potentially have killed herself, Frank, Nathan, perhaps even Victoria can be killed, the environment is getting fucked by industry... but that's still not not-perfect enough! There also needs to be a giant nonsensical tornado because, even though Max has been using her powers for good, to help and save people where she could, compelled by her kind nature and loving heart, treating her powers with responsibility and respect, never to make things "perfect", we REALLY want to show how not-perfect things have to be! A "Fuck You!" right in the face of our characters and players!
>>
>>172067118
>“And Max Caulfield? Don’t you forget about me…”

Nah, that was when Chloe sang Simple Minds during her birthday karaoke party! She's a huge fan of the Breakfast Club!
>>
File: tumblr_ogbkxlnY9u1v1pk3lo5_1280.jpg (193KB, 1280x867px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogbkxlnY9u1v1pk3lo5_1280.jpg
193KB, 1280x867px
>>172067118
Fucking scrolling through and seeing tons of Bay stuff.
Bleh. It just angers me more than saddens me. Especially when they're romanticizing it.

At least some of the doodles are cute.
>>
>>172067639
Thanks, Anon. That's a much better explanation.
I'm sure it was a fun party.
>>
>>172067451
Glad somebody else shares my opinion that the storm added nothing to the story and just made things worse.
I really wish they kept a more human route with the big dilemma instead of "hella huge supernatural disaster" (Which didn't even destroy a diner).

Keep the personal issues and supernatural stuff with the doe, ditch the retarded storm, create endings that care about the characters and options the player made.
>>
File: tumblr_nt8vetSsup1unmioro1_1280.jpg (296KB, 1280x1321px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt8vetSsup1unmioro1_1280.jpg
296KB, 1280x1321px
Max is a good person! Hella good!
>>
>>172068201
Alt ending:
>The storm is nothing but a transparently inserted plot device by the writers. So give it the deus ex machina ending it deserves.
>But now... an actual choice that follows from the events of the story!
>Chloe's decided to leave town, like she'd been threatening to all week. She just can't take David's shit any more, or feels she's messing things up for him and Joyce or w/e.
>Her and Max will be parted again! Such emotion!
>It's the mirror image of what happened five years ago, with Max leaving Chloe. Such poetry!
>B-but what if they aren't separated?
>Max can choose to leave everything she's worked for. Her position in a prestigious art school. Her chance to be to network with all future photographers. All for one
>I-it's basically the same choice, Chloe or other stuff. But not, because the external tragedy and the suffering of others has been removed and it's all about what Max really wants for her future.
>>
File: cheekykisu.png (3MB, 1280x2994px) Image search: [Google]
cheekykisu.png
3MB, 1280x2994px
>>172067647
I also found the romanticizing of it quite off-putting when I scrolled through their blog for the cute comics.

But it is what it is. People being passionate about Bay is fine by me, even if it seems perplex to me.

>>172068201
I don't necessarily think it adds nothing to the story, but among the things it does add is definitely unsubtle, inelegant, forced tragedy that not only fails on a few important levels to properly tie into the central message they are looking to convey (such as emotionally), it overshadows it in some senses. I think it would have already worked better as and been more obvious in its narrative function if it had simply dissolved after the choice.
>>
>>172070132
It's being dishonest. As dishonest as those who says "Nobody died in the storm", which I've yet to even encounter.
Thinking 'Chloe dies and becomes and angel and gets to be with her daddy as they watch over Max' is infantile and disregarding the consequences of the choice.
Chloe is dead and died thinking nobody gave a shit about her, Joyce and David have failed to protect their daughter, and Max is left alone and miserable. There is no silver lining.
>>
>>172017381
>drawing them with huge breasts
Go back to /v/, scum
>>
File: thique max.jpg (437KB, 843x1047px) Image search: [Google]
thique max.jpg
437KB, 843x1047px
>>172071551
>>
File: tumblr_ok2v1e6UHh1w0awxoo1_1280.jpg (228KB, 1065x1253px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok2v1e6UHh1w0awxoo1_1280.jpg
228KB, 1065x1253px
Is Kate an amnesiac angel who fell down to Earth?
>>
>>172071551
I don't think that one's too bad, it's not gross like >>172071707
>>
File: That look.jpg (55KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
That look.jpg
55KB, 500x670px
>>172019130
>>172020952
Next time someone criticizes the "Bae epilogue" for including rape, please remember the comments here.

>>172012856
>But I think the original point has gotten away from us here. Janny is pretty ban happy lately so best to end it here I think.

Nice try, but I'm not ending the discussion, in particular when there's an easy way to return to the original topic of discussion.

>But not that all derivative work is post-modern.

Life is Strange isn't derivative. It featured original characters with considerable depth and an intriguing story-line that was mucked up by a low budget at the end. Like other post-modern works, it acknowledged its influences through clear nods, such as Chloe's license plate, Samuel's implied cross dressing and the Catcher and The Rye styled poster.

>Or they don't. There is no arbitrary line in the sand here.

The trailers for Life is Strange captured the tone and atmosphere of the game. They are an accurate representation of the surrealism, impending doom and tension found in each episode.

Even if Nathan's line wasn't in the game, that doesn't erase his attempt to steal the Topanga, the whale songs in his room, the name of the bunker, the reference to the town getting an enema or the Prescott destiny.

Consider basic economics. If the town is destroyed, real estate values will plummet; businesses will close; residents will move away. That creates the opportunity to expand Pan Estates and establish businesses that fit its snooty cosmopolitan style. Through the lens of the Prescott business plan, the waterspout would be an enema for the nostalgic, small town hokeyness of Arcadia Bay.
>>
>>172073748
The town being damaged is what will save it after the storm. Lots of media attention, government funding for recovery, and volunteers rushing in to help.
The Prescotts could have used this to peddle their own services and housing to make more money and gain influence. Stuff like Sean announcing he will oversee reconstruction, running for public offices, and other stuff.
That is until the truth about the family is suddenly brought to public attention.
As new about the storm break, so to does the news about the Dark Room. Kidnapping, drugs, murders, corruption. That isolates the Prescotts from Arcadia Bay and allows the town to be rebuilt without them.
>>
File: tumblr_nzxjbnrgek1sb49c3o1_1280.jpg (310KB, 1280x885px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzxjbnrgek1sb49c3o1_1280.jpg
310KB, 1280x885px
>>
>>172057241
fake
>>
File: tumblr_nwxuhrJjJx1s0uhrqo2_1280.png (501KB, 743x680px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwxuhrJjJx1s0uhrqo2_1280.png
501KB, 743x680px
>>
>>172076310
https://discord.gg/UMKnV48
Try now
>>
File: pillspillspills.png (496KB, 1022x1895px) Image search: [Google]
pillspillspills.png
496KB, 1022x1895px
>>172073748
>when there's an easy way to return to the original topic of discussion
It seems so simple in hindsight.

>it acknowledged its influences through clear nods, such as Chloe's license plate, Samuel's implied cross dressing and the Catcher and The Rye styled poster.
References, good characters and intriguing storylines are not synonymous with post modernism, there's bad post modernist work. Really there's only four or five vaguely post-modernist concepts alluded to in the final episode. If there's more examples throughout the episodes I'd be interested in hearing them. I never though Samuel was implied to be a cross dresser, though I do really like the idea, just a curator of miscellaneous items. But what exactly does cross dressing have to do with post modernism?

>Consider basic economics
I'll give it to you that the Prescott's could stand to gain something from the storm. But that's cobra command levels of cartoonish villainy. It raises so many questions about the semantics of it all. If they have the power to summon a storm then how did they come the conclusion that it was best used to gain a monopoly on real estate in a dying town? How do they know for a fact that Arcadia won't just be abandoned? How do they know they won't accidentally summon an EF6? Is Nathan fine with Victoria dying or is there some plan to keep her alive, "Hey Vic wanna check out my dads underground bunker this Friday"? For that matter why does Nathan even bother trashing Max's room and writing Max is a feminazi if her knows the whole town is getting destroyed anyway. Sounds pretty headcannon-y to me.
>>
I just want to say I don't think the Prescotts caused the storm, but they know about it.
It could be some old prophecy from the natives in the area or Rachel caused it when she died due to pent up emotions. She has some kind of connection to the land since she's appearing as a doe, as well as a connection to Max since (perhaps the source of her power).
>>
>>172079220
>Prescotts have occasional visions of the future
>use them to make wise investments (explaining how they've continued to do well when the town is suffering. They operate as a vulture group, buying up things cheaply every time there's a foreclosure.)
>>
>>172073748
>Samuel's implied cross dressing
>his attempt to steal the Topanga
Were these real?
>>
>>172080475
Somebody mentions Nathan trying to steal it, Samuel has a bunch of girls clothing in his shed along with the photos of Rachel.
Maybe Samuel dresses in it and Rachel was an inspiration to him, maybe it was just a kind of lost and found.
Either way the other Anon said they are referencing other works that LiS was inspired by.
>>
>>172079220
I thought Chloe was the one causing it. I seem to remember that at one point she says something like "I wish a wave would just come and wash this shithole away", right as Max has another vision of the storm.
>>
>>172080754
Correlation doesn't equal causation, there's a lot of lines like that in the game from different characters, but the info surrounding the Prescotts is far more concrete and literal.
>>
File: 5izEAet.jpg (201KB, 1042x1042px) Image search: [Google]
5izEAet.jpg
201KB, 1042x1042px
>>172081023
I don't think it's quite that clear-cut. DONTNOD clearly love to put red herrings everywhere, so for all we know the whale music and Tobanga and everything are just misdirection designed to confuse us. Or they're symbolic, like the blue jay.
>>
>>172081434
>Or they're symbolic, like the blue jay
I almost forgot Chloe was a hermaphrodite. Thanks anon.
>>
>>172081434
"The storm is coming, you're all gonna die!"

"This town is about to have a fucking enema... It's our destiny"

Very symbolic
>>
>>172078781
>References, good characters and intriguing storylines are not synonymous with post modernism

I never said they were. My point was that Life is Strange is a good piece of work. It's not derivative, but it is post-modern. The references and intent to incite reactions instead of express meaning make it post-modern. The impact of player choice on the storyline, to the point that it alters the sexual orientation of characters, marks it as a definitely post-modern work.

>Really there's only four or five vaguely post-modernist concepts alluded to in the final episode.

The final episode includes self-referencing and numerous breaks in the storyline. The plot folds in on itself. It was much like Cabin in the Woods without the humor. Majorly post-modern.

>But what exactly does cross dressing have to do with post modernism?

It doesn't, but it's an example of a reference to Twin Peaks. David Duchovny's character was a cross-dress if I remember right. Samuel has a collection of feminine clothing, sunglasses and fashion magazines in a box labeled Sammy in his toolshed. Cross-dressers and transvestites use pseudonyms.

>But that's cobra command levels of cartoonish villainy.

How so? If done well, no.

>Is Nathan fine with Victoria dying or is there some plan to keep her alive?
>Why does Nathan even bother trashing Max's room and writing Max is a feminazi if her knows the whole town is getting destroyed anyway?

Nathan is mentally ill. His violence behavior and instability are noted throughout the game. If he behaved in a calm and rational manner, that would hurt his characterization.

Since Sean considers him something of a failure, it stands to reason that he wouldn't tell him the full extent of the plans or involved him in their implementation.
>>
>>172080754
Nah. Chloe's a regular girl.
The storm's still coming even when she's paralyzed and not angry. Or when she's already dead after Jefferson shoots her.
>>
File: 688636.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
688636.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>172081807
The first wasn't included in the game, presumably for a good reason.
The second could very easily be a misdirection. The "enema" could easily be an expansion of Prescott real estate that would drive up property prices and force a lot of low-income locals out of the town. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

>>172081792
wut

>>172082165
Yeah, that's why I figured she probably didn't cause it. Yet another red herring.
>>
We will never know what truly caused the storm but it;s not very important since there was no reasonable way to stop it.
In the end it came and left. Few people died, which is tragic, but that's just the nature of nature.

What's important is Max and Chloe got through it, a lot of people learned lessons about life, and justice was brought to those who were victims of crimes and those who committed them were/will be punished.
>>
>>172078781
>If they have the power to summon a storm then how did they come the conclusion that it was best used to gain a monopoly on real estate in a dying town?

Natural disasters can't be tied up in court, stopped by protests or linked to local business magnates.

>How do they know for a fact that Arcadia won't just be abandoned?

>song related
https://youtu.be/sgpa7wEAz7I

Without the townsfolk of Arcadia Bay, the Prescott's could build whatever they want without competing business interests or legal battles. The clean slate gives them free reign to build essentially a gated community, ex-urban wonderland with ocean front property. Not only that, but, since they're controlling the storm, Blackwell will survive. The new rich residents won't have to pay for plane tickets to send their kids to an elite school as long as they bend the knee to Prescott for their child's admission.

It's a perfect business venture.
>>
>>172082412
Nathan's line was included in the launch trailer for EP4, that is a remarkably close cut, and I don't think it should be discarded entirely.
It's pretty clear the Prescotts (or at least Nathan) were supposed to have a bigger role, but dontnod realized they couldn't follow through on it for the finale.
Maybe it isn't canon, but it's a clear indication of where LiS was meant to go before the disaster that was EP5, and frankly, anything would be better than what we got.
>>
>>172082412
The bluejay means Chloe is a hermaphrodite anon. Symbolism.
>>
File: CHNBqRo.jpg (354KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
CHNBqRo.jpg
354KB, 3840x2160px
>>172083341
I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

>>172082986
I sort of agree, actually. I don't hate the endings, but I feel like a Prescott-based explanation could have been better.

>>172082653
>implying
>>
>>172083906
It's true, there's way too many unexplored plot elements to effectively narrow down a cause for the story.
Prescotts, Rachel, Indians, Samuel, Nathan's Jacket, Bigfoot, weather patterns.

Oh and I think that "Hermaphrodite" thing the other Anon is going on about is from a retarded Mari theory or something about how the bird represents that kind of thing.
I think a Bluejay is fitting for Chloe but fore entirely different reasons.
>>
>>172084310
The theory sprung up on Tumblr and Reddit awhile back. It's based upon the species of butterfly depicted in the game; the blue variety of that bug is only male.

A bluejay is more fitting. They're aggressive bastards. Territorial as well. Chloe is angry and possessive. It makes sense.
>>
>>172085558
That theory is only marginally less ridiculous than 'Principal Wells is Mark Jefferson' theory
>>
Hey /lisg/,

My name is Nathan, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world.

Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy?

I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on Facebook.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was captain of The Dark Room, and head of the Vortex Club. What do you lead, other than “jack off to the blue haired dyke's abs” society? I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash).

You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch
>>
>>172086302
>I was captain of The Dark Room
Being captain in a ship of one,
is no fun.
>>
File: 1474489670006.jpg (3MB, 2559x3337px) Image search: [Google]
1474489670006.jpg
3MB, 2559x3337px
>>172085558
That and I was also thinking of their beauty. It's often underlooked unless you're actively looking for it.
Also being a bird they can fly anywhere they want, like what Chloe wanted. But as you said, they do favor one area and try to protect it.
The other animals I associate Chloe with are a shark and a wolf. Any of those three are acceptable, but I'm biased in favor of the shark (Dun dun dun dun)
>>
>>172086091
Wells is just Jefferson in blackface and a fatsuit and with an alcohol problem. It all makes sense.
Good thing Max left the gallery when she did. She was almost alone with him!
>>
>>
>>172087646
*chu*
Cute
>>
>>172086816
I would join their pirate crew in a heartbeat!
>>
File: qt long nose Max.jpg (211KB, 648x1624px) Image search: [Google]
qt long nose Max.jpg
211KB, 648x1624px
>>172082130
>How so?
Much like the time cobra held an terrorist telethon to raise money to blow up computers at interlope and Scotland yard, despite having already made a computer virus capable of remotely blowing up government computers, it raises too many questions. So the Prescott's have the power to summon tornadoes (or waterspouts in you fancy). They have essentially weaponized nature itself, this is an immensely powerful and near untraceable weapon. Are there no better ways to use this weapon than destroying a fishing town in Oregon? A town where you already have some degree of influence apparently. Why destroy a town where you already live? Does the 'occult magic' you used to summon the storm have nothing more nuanced than a tornado? Are the Prescott's only able to summon storms in Arcadia specifically? If so, why? How are they able to control the exact strength and location of a tornado? That sounds like a very specific power. Surely if they have access to that knowledge they have access to far less risky forms of magic. If the end goal is to gain more power what could possibly be more powerful than summoning a tornado? If it's money then surely occult magic has far easier means of attain it.

>If he behaved in a calm and rational manner, that would hurt his characterization.
Being rational enough to not want his friends dead isn't out if character for Nathan. Nathan wouldn't need to know the full extent of the plans, just that a tornado was coming.
>>
>>172082130
>[Postmodernism] can be described as a set of critical, strategic and rhetorical practices employing concepts such as difference, repetition, the trace, the simulacrum, and hyperreality to destabilize other concepts such as presence, identity, historical progress, epistemic certainty, and the univocity of meaning.
-Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy

>While encompassing a broad range of ideas, postmodernism is typically defined by an attitude of skepticism, irony or distrust toward grand narratives, ideologies and various tenets of Enlightenment rationality, including notions of human nature, social progress, objective reality and morality, absolute truth, and reason. Instead, it asserts that claims to knowledge and truth are products of unique social, historical or political discourses and interpretations, and are therefore contextual and constructed to varying degrees.
-Wikipedia

I've butted heads with Saul in the past, and I don't agree with his whole thing about the Prescotts being irrelevant, but on this point I'm with him. LiS ultimately shies away from the postmodern themes it courts.
Having allusions and 'inciting reactions' isn't postmodern. If this were the case, Shakespeare was a postmodernist. Ditto choice affecting narrative outcome.

In no way does LiS attempt to deconstruct Enlightenment thinking and moral realism... the final binary choice is a reaffirmation of both.
>>
File: incorrect Max carry.jpg (1MB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
incorrect Max carry.jpg
1MB, 2480x3507px
>>172082130
>The references and intent to incite reactions instead of express meaning make it post-modern
Again, references aren't an intrinsic aspect of post-modern work, nor is player agency over the narrative. By that token every game with references and player agency are post-modern, which isn't true.

>The plot folds in on itself
Not really, we're given a microcosm of the games events during the nightmare sequence. But it's essentially just a slide show of the previous episodes. In The Cabin in the Woods the characters see an aspect of the genre removed from themselves, they see behind the curtain. We never see behind the curtain in LiS, the game just briefly acknowledges that the curtain exists.

>it's an example of a reference to Twin Peaks
Making references to post modern works doesn't make the work itself post modern.

>The clean slate gives them free reign to build essentially a gated community
For who? Rich people that wan't to live in a fishing town, if I had fuck you money I'd be chilling in the Bahamas, not Arcadia Bay. By the way this plan is astronomically expensive. It's far from a perfect business venture. The Prescott's are basically the Illuminati in this scenario, having coordinated taking over the town in the aftermath with several other rich families. If their rich enough to do it themselves then why even bother.
>>
>>172089756
>>172091145
Nothing to contribute to this ongoing debate, just want to say both these images are really nice.
And even if that one version of Max-carrying may look incorrect to us, any form Chloe does it in it appropriate because she's a trained professional.
>>
File: tumblr_o8v4iiG0BQ1v24nlgo1_1280.png (44KB, 793x1207px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8v4iiG0BQ1v24nlgo1_1280.png
44KB, 793x1207px
>>
File: naughty_by_i0n4-d9fkwzu.png (526KB, 800x842px) Image search: [Google]
naughty_by_i0n4-d9fkwzu.png
526KB, 800x842px
>>
>tfw you will never watch Blue is Warmest Colour with Max and Chloe
>>
>>172093991
I think they would be disgusted with some of that stuff
>>
>>172094128
>"Ew. They're eating ass. That's gross. Right Chloe?"
>"Yeah. I guess." *Disappointed sigh*
>>
>>172095226
I think the overall intensity of it would weird them out
>Are they having sex, or a seizure?
>>
>>172095226
I feel like Max would never say something as crude as "eating ass". She'd call it "butt stuff" or something like that.
In other news, I may have to watch this film...
>>
>>172095381
Max loves talking about eating shit. She's a gross girl.
>>
Whatever Max and Chloe do in the bedroom in their business.
Let's not be perverts.
>>
>>172095881
N-no. I didn't rescue them by inventing my own headcanon ending, just to have them contract an infection from unsanitary practices. They should consider their bedroom policed thoroughly against such things.
>>
New interview with the Vampyr team

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/24/15050782/vampyr-dontnod-life-is-strange-dexter-moral-compass-release-date
>>
>>172096257
>http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/24/15050782/vampyr-dontnod-life-is-strange-dexter-moral-compass-release-date

Sounds really interesting to me. I'll probably pick it up
>>
>>172096257
How many monkeys will lose their lives this time?
>>
>>172096024
They'll be fine. Both of them are smart and will respect any boundaries or concerns held by the other.
See the fic "An Ultraviolet Way". Chloe not doing anything until she knows Max is ready and in a good state of mind.
>>
>>172096257
>Now that it’s in the final stretch, it’s also producing a demo for this summer’s Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles

Looking forward to that.
>>
>>172096257
>Polygon

Ew.
>>
>>172089756
We don't know enough about the occult magic at play because Michel sucks and didn't weave it into the plot. He favored a tragic binary choice ending instead of multiple endings dependent on player choice and how Max does against a boss of sorts.

>Being rational enough to not want his friends dead isn't out if character for Nathan. Nathan wouldn't need to know the full extent of the plans, just that a tornado was coming.

If he didn't know the plans, he wouldn't have known that the tornado had arrived until Mr. Jefferson had killed him.

>>172090185
>>172090185

Not post-modernism in general, but in terms of literary/art criticism. Post-modern authors care more about what their audience thinks than their own meanings. Their artistic work, in their eyes, has no inherent meaning. DONTnod admitted to as much in the directors commentary.

>we're given a microcosm of the games events during the nightmare sequence.

Max critiques herself, her choices and her perceptions of others during the nightmare sequence.

>Rich people that wan't to live in a fishing town

That's why the Prescotts demolish the fishing town with a tornado, wait for the fishers to leave then rebuild. Pan Estates is the start.
>>
>>172098214
News is news
>>
>>172096257
>“You can navigate between these two extreme paths. There is no good or bad decision. We don't want to influence you on your moral choices. It's really up to you how you want to experience the game.”
>post-modern as fuck
>>
File: Moriarty does it again.png (975KB, 1280x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Moriarty does it again.png
975KB, 1280x1180px
>>172098357
The writers for G.I.Joe suck too (in a glorious way). That doesn't mean cobra command had a perfectly good reason to destroy all world currency and replace it with their own. The fact that you can't answer my line of questioning shows that the Prescott's being responsible for the storm is mere headcannon. The Prescott's motivations don't hold up to slightest bit of scrutiny. "Michel sucks" can't hand wave away these obvious logical flaws. The day belongs to me Bayest.

>Max critiques herself, her choices and her perceptions of others during the nightmare sequence.
I think you're working with a different definition of post-modernism than the rest of us. LiS is not post-modern. It makes references to post modernist media and has some very vaguely post modernist aspects briefly during the final episode. If that's the only evidence you have supporting your argument then it's not a good argument.

>Pan Estates is the start
I'm the gamma lizard here, give me back my tin foil hat.
>>
Vampyr is gonna be shit, don't waste your time with this game.
>>
>>172096257
>He's a Vampire veteran who carries around a Webley
Nice.
>>
>>172100676
>The day belongs to me Bayest.

The fact that you responded so defensively in this post and attempted to end the discussion a couple later beg to differ.

The Prescotts didn't call each and everyone one of Arcadia Bay's residents requesting donations for a storm summoning ritual. They did it behind closed doors.

Asking for the motivations behind a villain's actions is ludicrous. Why attempt to control the world when so many have failed? Maybe the storm is the first they're summoning? Perhaps the power isn't strong enough? Maybe they don't wan to arouse too much suspicion, in particular after the weird weather events in Arcadia Bay in the preceding days?

Why does Skynet want to kill humanity? Why does Freddy Kreuger torture teenagers in their dreams? Why does Jefferson want to drug and kidnap young women? Bad people want to fuck shit up and opt for the quickest, most efficient way at their disposal. That's the basic premise behind any story. There aren't enough pages, minutes or lines of code to fully explain why. In some reasons I think that's a good thing. If we fully understood the motivations behind villains then instead of yelling at customer service representatives or giving waiters shitty tips genuinely bad people would realize what they were and commit horrendous acts like Jefferson, Nathan and the rest of the Prescotts. I'd prefer not to know why. Hence, I chose not to pursue that line of questioning, but feel free to keep that king in your pocket. I doubt you'll get the reference, but it's a good movie and I recommend it.

>I'm the gamma lizard here, give me back my tin foil hat.

Dude...Think of it as a real estate development. After that, there's a country club, then fancy restaurants and an outdoor mall. Add a small regional airport and some niche small businesses and its a rich ex-urban town. They might let Two Whales exist because it's "quaint"
>>
>>172102339
Stop.
>>
>>172102339
Pooh please go
>>
>>172102339
Shit...I've got something to live up to.
>>
>>172103112
I'm surprised /pol/ hasn't come here to bitch and complain.
Worst we've had is a few shit-stirrers intentionally trolling to get responses.
>>
File: IRRGhj1.png (1009KB, 854x1434px) Image search: [Google]
IRRGhj1.png
1009KB, 854x1434px
Does someone have a lis fanart folder he can upload?????

please
>>
>>172103746
Any character you like in particular?
>>
File: That's Heavy Chlo.jpg (144KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
That's Heavy Chlo.jpg
144KB, 1191x670px
>>172101689
You're trying to equate the Prescott's to the Illuminati based on the Sean saying destiny once and some cut content. Skynet's a rouge A.I and Freddy's a nightmare demon who represents subconscious fears. None of that is evidence that the Prescott's have summoned a storm, controlled the exact strength and location of the storm, and are going to use this immense power to build a country club. That's a headcannon with next to no evidence to back it up.

>I doubt you'll get the reference
No I do not. Movie name?
>>
>>172103376
This.
/lisg/ is the most redpilled general.
>>
>>172103868
not really, i want everything
>>
>>172103917
I was pointing out that most villains instill mayhem because they have the means to. Skynet has an army of robots; Freddy has the supernatural power to kill people in their dreams; and the Prescotts summoned a storm. As I and numerous individuals have pointed out, there is plenty of evidence within the game that lends credence to the theory. The lingering camera shot on the billboard for Pan Estates during the Bae ending is another sign. Even you admitted earlier that the molehills are bigger than you thought.

Guess we'll agree to disagree.

The Count of Monte Cristo
>>
>>172104149
My folder is kind of messy, I'll have to get rid of some pictures and sort other things out first.
>>
>>172103980
I don't think /pol/ would be very fond of Chloe or a lesbian pairing
>>
File: 51580276_p0.png (325KB, 545x776px) Image search: [Google]
51580276_p0.png
325KB, 545x776px
https://bishopbb.tumblr.com/post/158822533622/v-drawthread-req
>>
>>172103917
>that picture

Jigga-wowsers
>>
>>172104954
REWIND THIS
>>
>>172104954
Who's this thick girl cosplaying as Chloe?
>>
>>172105063
It's Chloe from the timeline where Max put extra hormones in all her food
>>
File: Curtains.png (3MB, 1800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Curtains.png
3MB, 1800x2000px
>>172104243
Skynet and Freddy have motivations intrinsic to their nature, that in no way suggests that the Prescott's have constructed a cobra command-tier plan to summon a storm to build a country club just because they can. And again, having plenty of evidence does not speak to the quality of the evidence, these molehills don't hold up the Illuminati. Also, I never agree to disagree, as I feel it implies there's something wrong with simply disagreeing.

That's curtains then. I thank you for the banter Bayest. It is amongst my favorite from this board.

>Spoiler
Fuck really, I've seen probably 20 different versions of the film and I still missed the reference. Is there a specific version I should watch, or do I just have a very bad memory?
>>
>>172105394
Max wouldn't do that!
>>
File: yepaBNz.jpg (376KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
yepaBNz.jpg
376KB, 750x750px
Everything could have been OK WHY did they choose to end it like this.
>>
>>172106064
Because they got lazy.
At least we all know, Max did NOT chose that ending.
>>
>>172106096
But Michel did haha :)
>>
>>172105716
I'm not a fan of the saying, but am a fan of resolution.

I wouldn't mind extending it outside the board. I'll post my email address if you would like to correspond elsewhere, as we seem to have a number of common interests.

Until next time.

The 2002 version. I've never read the novels. Anything over 400 pages is too much for my small tranny brain to ingest.

>>172106096
Given Max's penchant for altruism...I could see her choosing it, but not before seeking a third option. The stress of the week and sleep deprivation was clouding her judgement at the time. She could jump back later after the story had ended and find a way to stop the Prescotts and save Chloe. That's my ending.
>>
>>172105838
Yes she would Max loves Chloe but she likes her girls thicc so she made sure that she would have her perfect Chloe in this timeline
>>
File: 1473753128685.png (68KB, 253x224px) Image search: [Google]
1473753128685.png
68KB, 253x224px
>>172106469
>thicc Chloe is shy about her amazing body
>Max gets to tease her and have free reign over it since Chloe will let Max do anything she wants
>>
>>172106306
I couldn't ever see Max let Chloe die in a horrible way. Not after all she did to save her and show her that she is loved.
Even if some consider it selfish (I don't), Max would always save Chloe.
I do agree that she would have tried to find a third option though. Save Chloe first and then use her knowledge of the future to warn and convince people about the storm.
>>
>>172106306
There's always the discord
Although I suppose at this point it's so deep in anime hell that LiS-related discussion would be unthinkable
>>
>>172107092
>implying we're not still discussing astrology
>>
File: kevin-le-6.jpg (2MB, 3000x1566px) Image search: [Google]
kevin-le-6.jpg
2MB, 3000x1566px
Another iteration of Warren's Dorm for the contest.
>>
File: vivid memories turn to fantasies.png (355KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
vivid memories turn to fantasies.png
355KB, 720x1280px
>>172106306
I usually go with, "I could agree with you, but there's no point in us both being wrong". Tends to resolve things pretty quick. A couple of us have talked about exchanging e-mails and what not. But to me I anything that could potentially lower the threads bump rate is a downer. Whenever this ship sinks I'm sure a few of us will exchange contact info. But until then it feels like giving up, at least it does to me.
>>
>>172108134
That's actually really neat looking.
Also done very well in Edouard's style. I think Warren's room is the most popular theme I've seen so far.
Lots of cat pictures Only pussy he's getting. BOOM!
>>
>>172044575
>>172040451
I think Life is Strange has great potential as a franchise and storytelling vehicle, and disagree with the notion popular round these parts that LiS is the story of Max and Chloe and nothing more. Even the first game is a lot more than that.

To me Life is Strange is a type of story - one about ordinary lives upended by the extraordinary that keeps focus on the pathos and relationships of its ordinary human characters, and limits the supernatural to serving as a vehicle through which characters and themes are explored.

Dontnod can and should release a second season with a new cast of characters.
>>
>>172108591
I meant it only to discuss non-LiS topics, but that's reasonable.

>>172106976
Saving her girlfriend while placing the rest of the town at risk is out of line with her previous actions. It wouldn't make sense for Max to save Alyssa from harm, even death, multiple times only to send a tornado heading in her direction.

>>172107092
I'm mainly looking for non-LiS discussion with a select few, actually only two, members of the thread, but I'll think about it.
>>
>>172109463
If Max doesn't think the storm is related to her then saving Chloe is putting nobody at risk.
Which was the assumption she was working under during nearly the entire game. And as long as she rips apart the photo and moves on (Or goes back later to warn more people) she can keep that conclusion and say it was just a storm she had nothing to do with, and nothing in her knowledge, or anyone elses, would prove otherwise.
>>
>>172109463
My anon identification skills are rusty - are you the same person from a couple weeks ago when we were arguing with Saul about LiS in general, IE whether is was transcendent or 'mere mimesis'?
>>
>>172104524
Hey m8 if you still want to upload em i am waiting
>>
>>172106306
>Max starts going around butchering homeless people for their organs.
>"They had miserable lives, and many others will be saved thanks to this act. I'm being altruistic ;)"
>>
File: good_morning__by_kam97-d97d54t.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
good_morning__by_kam97-d97d54t.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Sleep tight
>>
File: prescott-manor.jpg (2MB, 1772x1772px) Image search: [Google]
prescott-manor.jpg
2MB, 1772x1772px
>>172108648
I guess Warren's dorm is an obvious one, but I hope there'll be some more interesting locations.

Here's something else.

>>172109367
I don't disagree.

It's just that LiS impacted on me above all through its characters and their relationships, and my prolonged infatuation with it stirs from primarily that place.

I do think the game format and story type have great franchise potential, and I am confident in dontnod's ability to create compelling, endearing characters to develop in that context again. And while I highly doubt they'll be as endeared to me as these, I very much welcome the idea of a new cast (in parts precisely because I doubt they could capture these characters' spirits again; "their" story is indeed finished, and while its concepts may lend themselves more universally to character-centric stories, everything beyond it for these characters would break them out of their natural narrative embedment and I'm afraid end up seeming a macabre or comedic at best play with fictional corpses - corpses in the sense of entities that have met their intended conclusion, a thought thought to its end, a narrative integrity uncompromised).

Anyway, whatever they'll do, I hope we'll hear of it sooner rather than towards the end of the year.
>>
File: tumblr_nty828nAqZ1s64278_1280.png (619KB, 1280x1422px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nty828nAqZ1s64278_1280.png
619KB, 1280x1422px
>>172111694
Good night
>>
File: saofhff7eoiy.jpg (488KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
saofhff7eoiy.jpg
488KB, 2048x1366px
>>
>>172112142
That is absolutely fantastic, and chilling. Who is the artist?
>>
File: 1470508563547.png (1MB, 1600x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1470508563547.png
1MB, 1600x1009px
>>
What are Max and Chloe doing these days?
>>
File: masked_michel.jpg (84KB, 534x356px) Image search: [Google]
masked_michel.jpg
84KB, 534x356px
>>172116107
One of them's dead. The other's having character development in a mental asylum. Haha.
>>
File: tumblr_nzoiofRFuz1qiuewko1_1280.png (207KB, 600x1196px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzoiofRFuz1qiuewko1_1280.png
207KB, 600x1196px
>>172115639
This guy, I think: http://laceyjamesillustration.weebly.com

It is pretty great, but the "Prescott Manor" insigne, Rachel poster and Nathan's truck as the only elements that create direct connection to the game look blatantly shopped into the picture. The truck less so, as it seems to be actually drawn into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the artist just used an old more or less generic mansion drawing of his and cheaply added these three things in order to hand it in for the contest.

>>172116107
Uh, you know, things...
>>
https://twitter.com/luc_baghadoust/status/844631718757896193

what did he mean by this
>>
>>172117225
Yes, I thought they were, but it works in a strangely unreal style.

I do like the background forest, in its canonical atmosphere.
>>
File: C5SyLydXAAggrTY.jpg orig.jpg (105KB, 1080x809px) Image search: [Google]
C5SyLydXAAggrTY.jpg orig.jpg
105KB, 1080x809px
>>172117785
Yes, the forest does add to the canonical atmosphere, as does the mansion, being similar to Blackwell, architecturally.

I think it would have added a lot to the canonical feeling had there been two moons in the sky, in the second panel.

And I thought the Rachel poster does work in a strangely unreal style too - especially in the second panel, where it looks like those cheap, silly, yet top-spoopy Goosebumps effects (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXiYpfR-cRE).

>>172117530
They are all working together again, I'm sure of it.

More Christian Divine to create those distinct, defning voices again, too.
>>
>>
>>172118270
Yes, I agree. In general, it's a very good picture.

Oh, look at those folk having a salad with beer. Michel is a very thin, quiter, feminine man compared to the others.
>>
Just finished this why did the writers take the easy way out with that ending???? Jesus its so stupid there is much that they could have done to prevent everybody from dying while still letting chloe live.

And its so stupid to choose Chloe over the town litterly nothing has mattered that you have done in the game if you choose Chloe
>>
File: rAffmRC.jpg (369KB, 1000x1365px) Image search: [Google]
rAffmRC.jpg
369KB, 1000x1365px
does max turn to vicky for comfort when chloe dies?
>>
>>172121215
>Just finished this
You're lying, Morgan.

>>172121316
Max would never let Chloe die.
>>
File: 1487918333154.jpg (39KB, 414x467px) Image search: [Google]
1487918333154.jpg
39KB, 414x467px
>>172121316
I like to think so.
>>
>>172121316
No, she turns to her rewind instead
>>
File: 1488520727466s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488520727466s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
Hello fags, I'm not part of these thread but I browsed it a bit once because there was some nice artwork. But I'm a tard and ended up saving the thumbnails. Would any of you happen to have the full res picture? Or even better the artist name.
>>
Hello.
Where is season two?
>>
File: ilya-kuvshinov-morning-max.jpg (367KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
ilya-kuvshinov-morning-max.jpg
367KB, 900x900px
>>172124474
Ilya Kuvshinov.

http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com/tagged/life-is-strange

>>172124614
Currently being worked on.
>>
>>172124681
Thanks a lot mate.
>>
File: zkpz8Z8.jpg (26KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
zkpz8Z8.jpg
26KB, 329x329px
>>172124681
>Currently being worked on.
I wonder how many times the plot will be rewritten this time.
>>
So season 2 will have nothing to do with Max and Chloe?
>>
File: hahano.png (44KB, 636x290px) Image search: [Google]
hahano.png
44KB, 636x290px
>>172125084
Yes.
>>
File: 1487186189121.jpg (271KB, 540x888px) Image search: [Google]
1487186189121.jpg
271KB, 540x888px
>>172125084
Probably, but a lot of folk think they'll be back for Season 3.
>>
>>172124474
I know you're a tard and all, but have you heard about this nifty thing called google fucking search?
>>
File: 1484952664594.png (105KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1484952664594.png
105KB, 1000x667px
>>172125592
There's no need for bully.
>>
Hey ho i wanted to be a casual fan of this series but then i thought why not let it completly consume my life and dive right into the fandom.

So i need a fanfic that is either: Max and Chloe save everything and the story there after (would really like this one) OR Max goes back and saves Chloe after her death also is there a KATExVIC fic?

That being said do we have a telegram or discord group?
>>
>>172126779
>do we have a telegram or discord group?
http://orph.link/discord
>>
File: 1446339016302.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446339016302.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>171805258
I LOVE KATE
>>
File: true ending.png (381KB, 1280x884px) Image search: [Google]
true ending.png
381KB, 1280x884px
>>
>>172126779
>Max and Chloe save everything and the story there after

Ouroboros, Eternal Return

>Max goes back and saves Chloe after her death

Better Then

>KATExVIC fic

Search for Chasemarsh on AO3
>>
File: 1486488647030.png (2MB, 1132x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1486488647030.png
2MB, 1132x1415px
>>172126779
>Max and Chloe save everything
Ouroboros
>Max goes back and saves Chloe after her death
Better Then

Also, make sure to check out Koethe Koethe's music - it's hella good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
>>
>>172112142
Supposedly only a few entries into the contest but all the ones I've seen so far have all been really good. That one's no exception to that.

>>172116107
Oh you know. Enjoying their life together, attending galleries to get Max's name and work out there some more, Chloe working on an old muscle car she bought and restoring it. Visiting friends and family.
Maybe they'll go see a movie today or something. Life's not nearly as hectic as it used to be for them and they are totally fine with that.

>>172126779
Ouroboros has all of that and more...except for Chloe dying, she finds her own ways to escape that.
>>
>>172125084
Sadly
>>
>>172125171
Well they also said things like "Your choices matter" and "Multiple endings", so don't take any words as final.

>>172128620
Lisa saves the day!
>>
Rumor is there will be a "Sarah" next game.
I'm looking forward to new characters and a new setting. Those are the two thing Dontnod can consistently (so far) deliver on.
It's their story writing that needs improvement to be consistent throughout.
>>
File: 1487235968469.jpg (662KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487235968469.jpg
662KB, 1080x1080px
>>172133540
>Rumor is there will be a "Sarah" next game.
Really hope this is true. Call me sexist, but I don't want a male protagonist.
>>
>>172133540
Ain't she voiced by a British?
Imagine Season 2 taking place in Britain.
>>
>>172133727
It could have just been a flub in the interview/video.
I certainly wouldn't mind another female lead, but overall I care more that it's a well-written character that has a genuine personality.
Max and Chloe can't be replaced, but I can open a new spot up for the new characters if I end up loving them as much.

>>172133872
Could be neat but I think they will keep it in the US. Vampyr's in Britain so they may not want to have the same setting.
Then again that would definitely save on the cost and time of researching locations.
I was hoping they explore another part of the US (Or even Arcadia Bay again).
>Dontnod pls give 90s LiS prequel
>>
>>172133727
I want a female protagonist too but I don't mind having a male one.
>>
>>172128372
That love should be reserved for God and God alone. I'm glad you recognize my holiness and supreme to devotion to Him, but your love is misguided.

>>172125084
Yes and it shouldn't. The French bastard should never have released a game encouraging homosexual choices. It should have been a story about me saving the sluts from their carnal desires and courting Warren. His poor understanding of chemical reactions is proof that he's only acting like a nerd for the attention of the heretic Caulfield. Once he's realized the sapphic slut, the negress Grant and the Asian whore are not right for him, he'll preach creationism and hold hands with me all day long! Yes! I will not fall prey to the delicious tongue lashing of Chloe Price or the quiet assertiveness of Max Caulfield. Never will you find me left panting in their sweat soaked sheets, a tangle of matted hair and sin. No. I will never have an orgasm! Only babies as Jesus intended!

>>172124614
In hell where it belongs.

>>172122147
Ah, yes. I remember the innocent days before Max fell pray to the wicked Wiccan wishes of the sapphic storm summoning slut. Such were good times.
>>
>>172133872
Britain isn't comfy enough for LiS
>>
>>172109657
She and Chloe both come to the conclusion that the storm came because of them, regardless of how illogical that is, at the end of the game on the cliff.

>>172109875
I popped into that discussion towards the end, but I'm a different anon.

>>172111363
Yes, clearly. I see you've played Life is Edge and gained a deep understanding of her character.
>>
>>172134768
>She and Chloe both come to the conclusion that the storm came because of them
I didn't see that. I only saw hypothesizing with little evidence to back it up. Even Max saying "This is my storm" is more her just trying to take responsibility for things that don't concern her, like she has throughout the game.
It's both an admirable trait of Max as well as one of her faults, making herself feel guilty when there's no reason to do so.

Again, if she rips up the photo then there's no evidence to her or Chloe of what caused the storm. They go on living with that mystery, which is totally fine with them and with me.
The "sacrifice Chloe" route becomes another "What if?" where Max was not prepared to take the risk to find out. Some gambles are too high and that was one of them.
>>
File: 688630.jpg (858KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
688630.jpg
858KB, 1920x1080px
>>172134296
>I certainly wouldn't mind another female lead, but overall I care more that it's a well-written character that has a genuine personality.
Yeah that's definitely the priority.

>>172134296
>90s prequel
Fuuarck that's comfy.

>>172134523
Sick alliteration, breh.

>>172134753
I dunno. A wee town in the Midlands somewhere maybe?
But then we'd have to deal with the accents...
>>
>>172135046
Despite the lack of evidence, other than traditional time travel story logic, Chloe's mention of Chaos Theory and Warren's explanation in the diner back up that conclusion. Chloe herself takes responsibility as well. I'm finishing my third play through today and will likely turn off the game at the final choice.
>>
>>172134753
Britain can be comfy too.
>>
File: season 2 california.png (290KB, 926x323px) Image search: [Google]
season 2 california.png
290KB, 926x323px
Reminder that S2 will take place in California
>>
>>172135517
I disagree that it backs up the choice. As a player looking through the eyes of Max I saw no evidence linking Max, or Chloe, to the storm. At least nothing definitive.
There's still too many unexplained areas to form a conclusion.
Even if I was convinced Max caused the storm I wouldn't let Chloe die. Max never asked for a power of tried to cause trouble, the fact she's being punished is bullshit and I will not stand for it. Her and Chloe have earned each other and nothing will take that from them. Least of all some bullshit contrived "fate".
>>
>>172135507
My thing with the 90s idea is that Max and Chloe, or any other Blackwell students, can't be in it.
But you can see their parents and the other adults when they're younger. William and (pregnant) Joyce, Ryan and Vanessa, Samuel, Wells, Sean. Plus it's a whole different atmosphere in the town and culturally in general.

>>172136050
I could like that. With California you could have some references to Rachel, a small link to S1.
>>
File: kate_laughs_at_you_from_on_high.jpg (140KB, 600x585px) Image search: [Google]
kate_laughs_at_you_from_on_high.jpg
140KB, 600x585px
>>172135517
>B-but they mention Chaos Theory. That explains everything.
>>
>>172136693
https://youtu.be/CBJZwYpHUBo
>>
>>172135507
>But then we'd have to deal with the accents

>A pub somewhere in Britain, a version Max and Chloe are sitting down having a (warm) pint and chatting away
"Oi. Maxine, I've been ponderin' somethin' as of late."
"And what would that be, my dear Chloe?"
"Loife sure is bloody perculiar, innit?"
"Quite roight. It sure is."
>>
File: Chloe lipbite selfie.png (2MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe lipbite selfie.png
2MB, 1200x900px
>>172137265
I'd actually take Cockney Pricefield over, say, Scouse or Brummie versions of them. *shudder*

>>172136372
To be honest I think the character there with the most potential for storytelling is Samuel. What's his link to squirrels and spirit animals? Has he always been like this?
>>
>>172136178
>"fate"
The most compelling argument is that Chloe is destined for a tragic fate. In the Alternative Universe, a car crash renders her paraplegic.

Max didn't ask for the power, but she had it. As a character, she used the power responsibly. If she believed the storm was her doing, she would take responsibility for it and sacrifice Chloe.

>>172137851
A Cockney Price and a generic posh Caulfield would fit their personalities. If you're from England, have the neighborhoods retained their cultural identities or have economic change and immigration altered their identities?
>>
>>172138469
It was fate for Max to save Chloe.
Chloe surviving is not some mistake for Max to make up for, it's Max atoning for her actions the past five years before that week. That was her mistake, abandoning Chloe when she really needed someone for her. And it is never happening again.
The only thing Max is responsible for is herself and her loved ones, that's all anyone is responsible for and you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who would agree to let a loved one die so a bunch of strangers can live.

There's no reason thematically, logically, or characteristically, to make the Bay choice.
>>
A bit polemic my opinion here but I don't a sequel at all.
I feel like LiS is one those kind of stories that only need to be told once.
>>
>>172140303
don't want*
>>
>>172140241
>you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who would agree to let a loved one die so a bunch of strangers can live.

That doesn't make it the right choice. The reasoning of a majority does not justify an action.

>There's no reason thematically, logically, or characteristically, to make the Bay choice.
I've made it clear I'm not a fan of either ending, but dismissing the Bay choice unequivocally ignores much of the canon.

I suspect you're the ignorant anon that didn't know how to add spaces after punctuation. Last time I attempted to discuss the endings with you it turned into you having an e-tantrum and lashing out at me for pointing out real life facts that backed up my points. So, no. I'm continuing this debate with you any further.
>>
>>172140893
>I'm continuing
*I'm not continuing

That's why editors takea cu
>>
>>172140893
>The reasoning of a majority does not justify an action.
Glad you agree. Just because 57% of people chose to let Chloe die does not make it right.
The entirety of the Bay ending is disregarding the rest of the canon. Nearly everything shown, said, or done by Max and the others.

I don't know if we've ever talked about this but you've pointed out no "real life facts". You're only looking at things as a question of numbers as if that somehow matters.
>>
>>172140893
>Bay choice unequivocally ignores much of the canon.
In fact it only ignores about 8 minutes of it, which is unavailable to both Max and the player at the moment of the choice.
>>
File: 1487025498020.png (825KB, 1024x779px) Image search: [Google]
1487025498020.png
825KB, 1024x779px
>>172141031
>takea cu
*take a cut.

That's a signal it's time for me to get off the computer. Later /lisg/. Enjoy the spring weather if it's good.
>>
If you're not a fan of either ending then why defend them?
Because that's all you've done. Even the name "World's Bayest" is an attempt to act like there's a following/approval for that ending here, just for the sake of contrarianism.
You thrive on attention and shitstirring. That is evident by the fact you held a trip for a short time and then ditched it because everyone was filtering your posts.
I can't tell you to stop posting here, but don't act persecuted when all you keep doing is defying your own claimed dislike of the endings by constantly making excuses for one.
>>
! !
>>
>>172142648
Max is almost Chloe's height here. I suspect Chloe is slightly crouching or Max is standing on the crate again.
>>
>>172143334
Or Max is standing on her tippy toes.
>>
What's /lisg/'s favorite minor character?
>>
File: tumblr_nvlgjv4J201uw1vxro1_1280.png (230KB, 665x790px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvlgjv4J201uw1vxro1_1280.png
230KB, 665x790px
>>172144240
Stella.
>>
>>172144117
With Chloe holding her hips and slightly propping her up
>>
File: 1462709316312.gif (1MB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
1462709316312.gif
1MB, 800x580px
>>172144240
Dana!

Dee, Ay, En, Ay!
>>
>>172144240
Daniel.
He deserves more love than Warryn.
>>
>>172145920
I think Warren gets too much hate sometimes, but you're right that Daniel does not get enough love. He's definitely the nicest guy going to Blackwell (That we see)
>>
>>172144240
I liked Brooke, and Alyssa.
>>
>>172144240
Dana
>>
>>172147980
>Alyssa
Interesting choice. She's like Daniel in that a lot of people forget she exists.
Her and Courtney.
>>
>>172136693
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7frlQsCg8uA
>>
Is Vampyr going to suck?
>>
>>172152514
Who knows. I think it will end up being good.
Not amazing but it looks competent enough and the setting and ending system will give it replayability.
>>
>>172144240
It's a toss up between the homeless woman and Samuel.

>>172152514
It looks cool. The concept plays to the developer's fascination with choice and morality. To date the trailers have displayed a dark atmosphere, fitting the tone and setting.
>>
>>172152514
Yes, without a doubt
>>
File: tumblr_nuvgyrsAph1ud3ku3o1_1280.jpg (106KB, 642x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuvgyrsAph1ud3ku3o1_1280.jpg
106KB, 642x960px
Winter is OVER!

And Chloe is a little upset about it, but a Maxkiss makes it better.
>>
File: tumblr_o255nlLrDX1s7qka2o1_1280.jpg (660KB, 1065x1413px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o255nlLrDX1s7qka2o1_1280.jpg
660KB, 1065x1413px
>>172155803
I share Chloe's attitude.
At least Spring and Summer allow for different things to do. She can go hiking or the beach with Max. Maybe she'll even see a shark.

Then in another six months it will be Fall again with the awesome colors, and then Winter. Then we start all over again. Nature sure is strange.
>>
>Page 10

JUST
>>
I think Vampyr's coming late October or early November. The one interview posted earlier said they're almost done making it and want to assemble a demo.
After that's out and had a few weeks to get attention/reviews, then there's nothing holding them back from an LiS S2 announcement.
>>
>>172144240
Joyce.
Mama Price is a strong woman.
>>
File: tumblr_ocm32nKCr01ujvkloo1_1280.jpg (333KB, 1280x710px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocm32nKCr01ujvkloo1_1280.jpg
333KB, 1280x710px
>>
>>172160234
I think there was an image floating around that said December.
>>
Post /Lisa/core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVmcKcTZ4A
>>
>>172167073
=kek'd

Have some /Alice/core for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEy6TLy3Fao

She played all the instruments herself here.
>>
>>172167682
I hope you realize I said to post /Lisa/core, and not post-/Lisa/core.
>>
>>172168670
I do.
>>
>>172166003
I saw "Q4" which is October, November, or December. But most companies try to have games out before the end of November so that they are on the market for Black Friday and are getting sales, attention, and reviews throughout the holiday season.
>>
Alice did some things wrong.
>>
>Page 10

JUST
>>
File: CjMiFrSUUAAb4m9.jpg orig.jpg (46KB, 714x672px) Image search: [Google]
CjMiFrSUUAAb4m9.jpg orig.jpg
46KB, 714x672px
>>
>>172173319
Alice did nothing wrong! She's a good bunny that kept Lisa safe during the storm!
>>
Thread nearly four days old. That may be a new record for /lisg/.
But we're still here.
>>
>>172175661
Forever.
>>
>>172175661
m-maybe things will pick up if there's season 2 or live action series info.
>>
>>172177460
Things will pick up with news of any Dontnod project. Question is when that news will come.
We've been coasting along for a year but the fact we're still here means we won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
>>
File: Michel.jpg (77KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
Michel.jpg
77KB, 800x530px
>>172136372
>(pregnant) Joyce

Oh my. I hope a blue butterfly doesn't distract her. She might trip on a kink in the sidewalk and fall, landing belly first on a fire hydrant. That would be such a horrible...tragedy.

>pic related
>>
File: tumblr_nn6ki5Af7E1rxputpo1_1280.jpg (173KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn6ki5Af7E1rxputpo1_1280.jpg
173KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>172164974
Banksy spraypainted that on DONTnod's office building.
>>
>>172178598
You stop that right now.
>>
>LiS prequel
>Talking to Joyce in Two Whales
>Obvious baby bump
>She taking your order for food
>William walks in with some flowers
>Gives Joyce a peck on the lips and give them to her
>She puts them in a vase on the counter
>Joyce goes to get an order for a customer
>You get to talk with William for a bit
>Ask him if he has any other kids
>He says no, this is his first, he's excited but nervous
>Joyce comes back
>William says he has to go back to work since his break is over
>William kisses her again "See you later, Joyce"
>Puts his hand over the bump "Heh. See you eventually, Chloe."
>>
>>172179915
>William says he has to go back to work since his break is over

What does William do for a living?

He's home whenever Max jumps back in time. Maybe he's a contractor and sets his own hours.
>>
>>172180663
Maybe he was a stay at home dad after Chloe was born. Before that he did something, not sure what.
Contracting wouldn't be bad. Carpentry, painting, etc.
Maybe he worked with Ryan Caulfield for a little bit.
>>
I'm going to an Oregon coastal town tomorrow. All I'll be thinking about is LiS
>>
>>172181843
Be sure to take pictures (Upload them to imgur if you want to share), enjoy the scenery, and report to us any Pricefield sightings!
>>
File: IMG_20170327_093337.jpg (311KB, 1257x1018px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170327_093337.jpg
311KB, 1257x1018px
>>172181843
Enjoy your trip anon.
>>
File: Michel....jpg (142KB, 944x531px) Image search: [Google]
Michel....jpg
142KB, 944x531px
>>172180663
Probably nothing. Because he's dead. Hahahahaha!
>>
File: supermax.png (620KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
supermax.png
620KB, 1400x1400px
How is this not a thing?
Sorry for being such a b-tier artist but this had to be done.
>>
>>172182956
Haha. Good work. I read that in Chloe's voice.
>>
>>172182956
Nice.
>>
>>172182956
You can never escape Plague of Gripes.
>>
>>172182956
That's hella lewd
>>
>>172182956
=kek
10/10
>>
>>172182956
>there was never a "look" prompt on Chloe's abs, boobs or butt in the game
>or tattoo for that matter
Wasted oppportunity. I'd love to have heard Max's thoughts on them.

But I do suppose their gazes say more than a thousand words.
>>
>>172184094
Max makes a lot of comments about Chloe throughout the game. They are adorable and I wish there was a list of them.
I think there's even one or two about her tattoo and hair, but they're written in her diary.
>>
File: 1460151933969.png (931KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460151933969.png
931KB, 1920x1080px
If LIS became a movie, who would be the best actress for Max?
>>
>>172184094
There were never any prompts, but that didn't stop me.
>>
>>172185079
Hannah Telle. Or the Pricless Cosplay duo.
>>
File: supermax2.png (691KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
supermax2.png
691KB, 1400x1400px
fixed chloe's shirt and gave her the tattoo
not even attempting to color, too hard
>>
>>172185716
Dialogue is a little too raunchy for my liking but the art is good.
*Thumbs up*
>>
File: OuO.jpg (87KB, 511x845px) Image search: [Google]
OuO.jpg
87KB, 511x845px
Have you found your max yet, /lisg/?
>>
>>172186171
I want to find my Brooke.
>>
>>172185716
Nice work. Aside from the tattoo, the only flaw in the first iteration was Max's lips. They look a bit exaggerated. The rest is of exceptional quality. Good work.

If you're looking to draw a web comic, please let me know. It wouldn't be LiS, but it could be fun.
>>
File: 17458360.jpg (51KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
17458360.jpg
51KB, 480x640px
>>
>>172187362
>Max trying to eat Chloe's face
Silly Max, that's not how you kiss.
>>
File: 1472187024219.jpg (199KB, 929x860px) Image search: [Google]
1472187024219.jpg
199KB, 929x860px
>>
>>172185079
Emma Watson or some indie darling you've never heard of.
>>
>>172187362
Wew I really thought she was wearing a gold fur coat from the thumbnail
>>
>>172188692
That would've been more canon if they were wearing swimwear, with Chloe in men's trunks, and their faces weren't contorted to look like cartoon vampires. Chloe would be the one to initiate the tickling too, although Max does like to annoy her with emojis so it's possible.
>>
>>172188692
This is kind of scary. >>172189194 is right, they do look like vampires. That and the figures are kind of unsettling.
>>
File: Alice.jpg (395KB, 1601x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Alice.jpg
395KB, 1601x2000px
>>172173319
Well yes, I suppose I have. But we all do things wrong sometimes.
>>
>>172190297
Whatever you did you can atone for with a prayer or going to confession.
Though I'm sure your mistakes are nothing serious.
>>
>>172188692
This doesn't feel right.
>>
>>172187362
>tfw no qt Max gf
>>
>>172185716
=kek
nice riff on the leon meme
>>
I want to hug Chloe
>>
I want to hug Max
>>
I want to hug Kate
>>
File: Chloe and Alice.png (305KB, 650x737px) Image search: [Google]
Chloe and Alice.png
305KB, 650x737px
>>172195476
>>172195570
>>172195971
I'll give them all a hug on your behalf.
>>
I want to hug Brooke
>>
I do not want to hug Jefferson
>>
>>172196208
But he's quite a handsome gentleman.
>>
>>172196358
He is. If he wasn't a serial killer and all-around creep, I'd be into him. He's got kind of a hot upper-class young dad style.
>>
>>172196358
He's a pretentious hack that fails at trying to be hip.
>>
Jefferson did nothing wrong.
>>
File: SmugAlice.jpg (41KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
SmugAlice.jpg
41KB, 500x659px
>>172197271
Was getting caught part of his plan?
>>
Season 2 better not have a Disney tier villain like Jefferson.
>>
>>172198095
what Disney movies are you watching where the villains drug, kidnap, and murder young women?
>>
>>172198095
Season 2 needs to have a consistent story and a well written villain.
Those are my two biggest wishes for what gets improved.
>>
>>172197369
Of course.
>>
File: kiss me now.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
kiss me now.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>
File: what.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>
File: Ep 3 kiss edit.webm (802KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ep 3 kiss edit.webm
802KB, 1920x1080px
Well a dare's a dare
>>
What you want to see again in Season 2?

Hardmode: no Max and Chloe
>>
>>172174713
That pupper has good taste

>>172201438
Another great indie soundtrack. I can listen to the LiS instrumentals/songs over and over again, and it always evokes a mix of calming and nostalgia
>>
>>172201438
Likable characters, an interesting and threatening villain, a story that makes sense from start to finish and doesn't have massive plotholes or gaps.
As long as those criteria are met then they can take whatever route they want.
>>
File: 1437598074972.jpg (68KB, 540x647px) Image search: [Google]
1437598074972.jpg
68KB, 540x647px
I don't know why but I love seeing pictures of Chloe and Max sad.
What's wrong with me.
>>
>>172204204
Being sad means they are addressing their problems and healing from them.
After the tears there will always be smiles. Like how after the rain the sun will always come out again.
>>
Maybe in the future Max and Chloe could become a team of storm chasers.
Or maybe Warren and Brooke could.

Not freaky supernatural storms, just regular ones. Potential for a of amazing photos and footage. Plus science. And Max can rewind if anything really bad happens.
>>
I'm pretty sure that Ouroboros has become the basis for my headcanon. The ending never happened, Chloe saved herself like in the story.
>>
>>172198376
>Druging, kidnapping, attempted murder of young woman.
Snow White and the seven dwarves?
>>
>>172208482
I can only wonder what Jefferson's charges would look like.
He's lucky Oregon did away with the death penalty. Though if he was doing that shit in numerous states he may end up in federal prison and get death.
>>
>>172198376
Shere Khan, Cap'n Hook, Maleficent and the Queen of Hearts were perfectly fine with killing children, Hades tries to kill an infant Hercules. Queen Grimhilde poisons snow white for being prettier than her. Claude Frollo was a genocidal attempted rapist.

Hell man, Jefferson's pretty tame compared to some Disney villains.
>>
File: hole to another thread.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hole to another thread.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
New thread

>>172210872
>>172210872
>>172210872
>>
>>172211021
>>
>>172204204
You like seeing them in moments of desperation. There's nothing more beautiful than that.
Thread posts: 719
Thread images: 251

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.