[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 807
Thread images: 81

File: kohga.jpg (69KB, 699x598px) Image search: [Google]
kohga.jpg
69KB, 699x598px
SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link Compilation<
http://pastebin.com/ktUtxsNR

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin<
http://pastebin.com/yDtHrpnN
http://pastebin.com/CtRd9Ajk (Amiibo drops)
http://pastebin.com/bWfAreV0 (Cooking guide)

>Sheikah Lore<
http://pastebin.com/Cvc3Ziwp (Appearances)
http://pastebin.com/KRTD4Rbt (Sheikah Symbol & Eye Symbols)
http://pastebin.com/AQ2qbbjV (Theories/History)

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video Playlist<
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVF6N4c4B12Iwz8bejLjo6iWYGlN6FxcT

>News/Developments<
DLC Expansion Pass announced:
http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/special-announcement-from-eiji-aonuma/

>Zelda comics and Manga<
http://www.zeldalegends.net/?n=manga
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Zelda-no-Densetsu-Twilight-Princess

>Art Collection
https://www.flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
https://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev: >>171485135
>>
First for Paya
>>
first for mipha
>>
I just beat Ganon in BOTW and this is the 2nd loz game I've ever played, the other being OOT. Thinking of playing WW HD now but I've heard this game is really easy, should I just go ahead and play it on the hero mode or what?
>>
>>171520897
Doujin of impregnation and marriage with Link when?
>>
Anyway, they should've just put Hestu in Kakariko. I did not think he would be on some random road in the middle of nowhere.

Though, to be honest, without Penny Arcade spoiling it for me, I would've never assumed it was Hestu who used them. I only found out about Hestu from the little Korok after doing the Deku stuff.

Point is, like 60 hours in before I got any inventory upgrades. Painful.
>>
File: omvgpztdyh1vqhnudo1_1280.png (681KB, 1280x1269px) Image search: [Google]
omvgpztdyh1vqhnudo1_1280.png
681KB, 1280x1269px
>>171520897
>>
>>171520957
WWHD isn't easy because of the enemies (although the enemies are pretty easy), it's because the puzzles are all pretty straightforward. I'd still highly recommend playing it but it's not a brain puzzler game "how do I do this", it's a "I've had an awful day and want to relax" game
>>
Make Hyrule Great Again
>>
>>171520897
>>171520909
Fresh fruit > stinky fish
>>
>>171520957
Yeah and even then the game is easier, IMO you should try TP and MM instead.
>>
File: 1466960353317.png (4MB, 2078x2741px) Image search: [Google]
1466960353317.png
4MB, 2078x2741px
I WANT TO FUCK FI
>>
>>171520957
Heads up, WW is linear but is easy to get lost in. Also make 100% sure you get the Swift Sail as soon as possible.
>>
>>171521109
I mean, he is on the side of the main road straight to Kakariko, how do you miss that?
>>
>>171521184
This

Hylian set looks the best. Any pics of it with the Champions tunic?
>>
>>171521109
>random road in the middle of nowhere.
it's literally the route you were told to go retard
>>
>>171521109
> I did not think he would be on some random road in the middle of nowhere.

>right in the middle of the main road for the very first story objective
>right outside one of the most important towns
>middle of nowhere

The only way to miss him is if you decide to fuck off and ignore the main story completely.
>>
>>171521005
Big fucking whoop
>>
The game has ended and I must say.

Hyrule Castle is so fucking amazing that I have to wonder, what would happen if they made every dungeon like that? Jesus this shit is so good, the approach, the army of guardians flying around, turrets on the guard posts, the fucking library and kings diary, The secret dungeon entrance, the docks and the final boss. It's honestly one of the best dungeons I've seen in a video game in a long time
>>
File: 1394661557020.png (100KB, 368x640px) Image search: [Google]
1394661557020.png
100KB, 368x640px
>tfw I had 137 seeds before my encounter with Hestu because then I started to use a horse instead of climbing my way into every city.
>>
Just curious, does the horse god react when you bring it the Lord of the Mountain or a Stalhorse?

Also I've heard someone mention the "Lord of the Forest" before. Is that different from the Lord of the Mountain?

And for fucks sake has anyone hacked the Wii U version to register a stalhorse or the lord yet?
>>
File: StartingRoute.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
StartingRoute.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>171521331
>>171521339
>>171521298
I didn't want to rush the main plotline, so I explored for a while before I ended up in Kakariko and the route I took was completely not the one the game though I was gonna take.

Whatever. 100 korok seeds later and I can finally not throw away every 5th thing I pick up.
>>
LOREFAGS I SUMMON YOU

Topics

The placement of the timeline and why people don't accept it to be at the bottom of downfall.
The resurrected cult of Hylia and the noticable absence of reverence of the Golden Goddesses.
The reason civilization didn't adopt and keep the level of technology they had 10000 years ago.
The connection of guardians and shrines and their implications.
The existence of the armor of the wild.
The appearance of Koroks and Rito in the game.
The emergence of the Triforce in the flashback and in the ending sequence.
And as a bottom line of those above, "the story behind the story".

Please let me know what you think.
>>
File: Photoshop_2017-03-19_15-56-19.png (292KB, 269x418px) Image search: [Google]
Photoshop_2017-03-19_15-56-19.png
292KB, 269x418px
Should I be selling diamonds and sapphires and shit to make rupees? Or should I be saving them for stuff later? Really wanna buy the full Sheik set but only have about 400 rupees, and that's jut from daily Amiibos.
>>
How does aging work among Hyrule races? Are the non-human races who remember the Calamity 100 years ago all immortal or do they age slowly relative to humans? Or is 100 years in Hyrule actually like 20 years or something?
>>
Blue Link or Green Link?
>>
>>171521604
My main thing was after I got to the village, from then on out, I didn't walk there, because it was so fucking far from where I was doing shit, ie. Tabitha, Rito place, so I always fast traveled.

At least the Korok Forest hinted to find him. One of the Koroks in the tree tells you to look for him near Kakariko and to tell him to go home.
>>
Best place to find horses? What stables let you customize your horse?
>>
>>171521641
Gorons seem to age normally if not faster.
Sheikah seem to age normally but reach ages of 150+ without difficulty. (and that's in a medieval setting). They might not be too much different from Hylians. Same with Gerudo. They can breed with each other.
Zora definitely age slower and live longer.
Rito are birds.
>>
>>171521746
i heard alot of people talking about a big horse and i found it its outside of the gerudo town so thats the best place to find a good horse, its really big you cant miss it
>>
>>171521629
10 lumimous stones can be traded for 1 diamond, so sell diamonds and hoard luminous. There are a few armor sets that are upgraded by diamonds but that's the only use for them afaik
>>
>mfw I find the Bloodmoon shrine quest
>on a bloodmoon night

Wew what a luck

Do I just stand there or do I have to do something else?
>>
Best way to farm star fragments? Lynels aren't dropping shit.
>>
>>171521607

It's too vague, also Hyrule Encyclopedia stuck their dick in things so it's a mess
Notice they never say Hylia, Merely "The Goddess" Also the three dragons look suspicious
Somewhere, someone thought to make war with the machines and somewhere someone thought to ban all machine usage, Wait this story sounds familiar....
Same people who made shrines are the same people who originally made guardians, but since the shrines are curated by a pure monk who has lived in a stasis for centuries to focus their mind, they couldn't get ganon'd
It's just a fancy green outfit
Given the kind of guy Deku Tree is, it was a natural result of time for koroks, As for rito, I blame sheikah fuckery, honestly Rito comes across to me as a race that just started existing in the last century or so.
The Triforce is exclusively used for ganon sealing these days.
>>
>>171521641
Which race is the most elf-like?
>>
Dumb question about horses, but I've not been using them. I registered about 4, but if I take them out, how do I make sure they get back to the stable when I abandon them to climb a sheer cliff?

Also, anyone else maximizing Stamina before Hearts? I'm at 2 circles of Stamina and like 8 hearts. Exploring is so fucking fun.
>>
File: 120 Shrines.png (1MB, 1328x622px) Image search: [Google]
120 Shrines.png
1MB, 1328x622px
So what'd you think if the '... of the Wild' set had something like '1 with the Sword' or 'Fi's Voice' allowing you to deal more damage in glow mode and make the Master Sword more durable like 'Ancient proficiency' and Guardian weapons
>>
>>171521629
Keep diamonds if you want to fully upgrade a diamond tiara later, or repair the champion weapons when they break. Also keep flint.
>>
>>171522013
Remember what the song is all about. It's quite literal
>>
File: 6.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
Is my horsey kill?
>>
>>171521607
>The placement of the timeline and why people don't accept it to be at the bottom of downfall.
Because references despite all the evidence of downfall
>The resurrected cult of Hylia and the noticable absence of reverence of the Golden Goddesses.
The goddess is kinda there as an entity through which people pray to the golden goddesses
>The reason civilization didn't adopt and keep the level of technology they had 10000 years ago.
Techonolgy betrayed them, also they discovered it not long before the calamity 100 years ago
>The connection of guardians and shrines and their implications.
Videogames and Sheikah
>The existence of the armor of the wild.
Legends of a green tunic, the Sheikah made one
>The appearance of Koroks and Rito in the game.
Fuck you
>The emergence of the Triforce in the flashback and in the ending sequence.
Haven't played that far
>And as a bottom line of those above, "the story behind the story".
Zelda lore
>>
>>171522007
>10 lumimous stones can be traded for 1 diamond
you get more money from 10 luminous than 1 diamond though
>>
you know what would help against Ganon? if they fucking goddesses roaming the land as giant fucking dragons actually did something instead of flying around in the same patterns day after day
>>
>>171522013
You have strip-dance on the platform while the moon's lustrous, red light shines upon you.
>>
>>171522164
yes
>>
>>171521607
>The placement of the timeline and why people don't accept it to be at the bottom of downfall.
There is no placement. It MUST be a convergence, because that's the only way to marry Twilight Princess and Windwaker references
>The resurrected cult of Hylia and the noticable absence of reverence of the Golden Goddesses.
The three shrines disagree.
>The reason civilization didn't adopt and keep the level of technology they had 10000 years ago.
Time passed. Ways were lost. It's not relevant
There aren't any implications.
Fan service.
See above. It's timeline convergence you stubborn cunt
What about it? It makes Zelda look even less competent, since she had the power all along.
>>
>>171522059
I always consider Link an elf because of the pointed ears, but Hylians are more the human analogs.
>>
>>171522256
Sell diamonds, you can always trade lumimous when you actually need them
>>
>>171522280
>mfw this is real
Wtf, also the whole night counts as bloodmoon night, noice
>>
>>171522164
Nah
Horses can swim in this game

Just fast travel to a stable and have them summon the stuck horse back for you.
>>
>>171522256
Diamonds have more uses though
>>171522104
If you leave a registered horse in the wild you can go to any stable and choose "board horse" and it will be placed into storage
>>
Question for the "don't fast travel" fags. Do you still approve of fast travel for housekeeping things at the end of your play session like visiting a great fairy or hetsu? Seems obnoxious to go through the lost woods every time.
>>
Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
â–² â–²
â–² â–²
>>
>>171522503
i'd rather just keep diamonds and sell luminous which nets me more money

700 rupees for 10 luminous stones
>>
>>171522059
In this case, the Zora are the "Elves" of the setting.
>>
>>171522537
Weird. They don't tell you that anywhere, do they?

Thanks. I'll start using horses rather than walking everywhere like a dumbass.
>>
File: Screenshot_140.png (1MB, 1181x629px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_140.png
1MB, 1181x629px
Look at my horse, my horse is amazing.
>>
>>171522280
You just made me picture Link as a male stripper. Dammit.
>>
Is it just me or do "white" and "silver" enemies look pretty much identical?
>>
File: You know you like it..jpg (68KB, 351x960px) Image search: [Google]
You know you like it..jpg
68KB, 351x960px
>>171522672
np
>>
>>171522637
But due to the rarity of finding diamonds, I feel 10 luminous stones +200 potential rupees is cheaper than 1 natural diamond
>>
>>171522668
same color as raisins but I doubt it tastes like them
>>
>>171522608
Do you really think nobody ever fast travels at all? You're being silly. Those players fast travel too, they usually just do from towns and major settlements rather than random spots in the wild.
>>
>>171521298
>Not soaring into every village from the mountaintops
>>
>>171522280
>Have to strip-tease for ganon in order to open a shrine.
Considering Zelda is watching over you, she gets a show as well
>>
>farm moldugas for hours and hours and hours on end
>finally get enough parts to sell for ~12,000 mon so I can get the dark link set
>rush to kilton, so excited
>it's only ~4,000 mon for the whole set

what the fuck do I do with all these moludga guts and fins now
>>
>>171521298
>>171521109
>>171521298
>>171522956
>>171521298
The number of people who pretend like entering Kakariko from the wrong direction wasn't their fault aren't wrong. It wasn't. Know what IS your fault? That you missed him again on your way out of Kakariko when you're told to head towards Hateno to see Purah. I'd also wager real money that there's dialogue about Hestu in the village if you pay attention.
>>
>>171523078
>what the fuck do I do with all these moludga guts and fins now
upgrade outfits, then sell the rest
>>
>>171522981
Would she enjoy it?
>>
>>171523078
Make potion with 1 cheap critter and 4 fins, then sell. It sells for more than a potion with 1 cheap critter and 1 cheap monster part.
>>
>>171523124
You leave kakariko on the path to the great fairy because that's the direction Impa and half the NPCs point you towards.
>>
>>171523124
I've yet to go to Hateno. I figured that was beyond the tutorial and I can hold off on it while I just explore the regions in what I thought was a more sensible manner.

There isn't any dialogue.

Had I gone there, I certainly would've seen him.
>>
>>171521071
oh please oh please oh please oh please
>>
>>171523231
That's not the correct direction if you actually look at a map though. They're just hammering you to go fucking do the shrine. Nothing else.

>>171523237
>There isn't any dialogue.
I really honestly actually doubt you.
>>
>>171523346
Okay, but I talked to every NPC in that village 100 times before finding Hestu, including doing like 5 side quests and essentially stalking everyone day and night because I wanted to see what the fuck they were up to and loved how they had their own schedule.
>>
>>171522106
It would be perfect if it had the pants he started with.
>>
>>171521071
This game has so much fetish fuel.
>Pura best waifu
>100 years old loli
>Gerudos of all ages and body types
>That guy who is going to marry a loli zora
>Gorons in Gerudo near the palace
>Big Horses
>Zelda's butt
>Rita's learned lesson in love classes
And so much more.
>>
File: Cute eyebrows.jpg (174KB, 944x1121px) Image search: [Google]
Cute eyebrows.jpg
174KB, 944x1121px
>>171523209
Who wouldn't? Link is attractive to pretty much everyone regardless of gender in this game.
>>
Anyone else a little disappointed by the lack of monster variety? There are bokos, moblins, lizalfos, oktoroks, chus, keese, and the three mini bosses of hinox, talus, and lynel. 9 total types of enemy.
>>
>>171523237
I mean if you're fine with a broken sheikah slate with missing functions, sure
>>
so, how many of each Dragon part (horn, scale, claw and fang) do I need to farm?
>>
>>171523598
Not really no. They all have great AI and a variety of behaviors. I only wish that mounted Bokoblins were a more constant threat and that they'd include Darknuts and maybe Aeralfos.
>>
>>171523459
his black and blue shorts? Those wouldn't match at all.
>>
>>171523598
Yeah, it's clear all that wildlife took up a lot of resources

Wolves are more annoying than any monster though
>>
>>171522053
Zelda definitely says "the Goddess Hylia" in the knighting ceremony
>>
>>171523682
I was halfway through my second Divine Beast before I thought of going to Hateno
>>
>making my way to ruto's town by horse
>get up to the bridge
>miss the bridge and jump into the river 500 feet below
why is controlling horses so retarded
>>
>>171523763
No, the well worn trousers.
>>
>>171523770
The only annoying thing about wolves is that you can't z target them
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg (33KB, 571x723px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg
33KB, 571x723px
>>171521607
I makes no fucking sense for istance the sheikah died in the hyrulean civil war before OoT. The last one died in TP and there are not seen in ALTTP and WW.

It makes no fucking sense because the Kokiri and the Zoras were forced to evolve because of the flood.

Technology was present in SS but I just assumed it was lost with time. Still it makes no fucking sense.

In conclusion.

IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>171520909
Is there any way for Mipha to not suffer:
If she dies she gets cucked by Zelda and has to wait like 60 years for her husbando
If she lives she gets 60 years of hylian dicking, outlives him and has to wait like 400 years to die for a round 2

Also edit when?
>>
>>171523682
I assumed those were just memories or more things that feel like cheating. Anyway, I'm heading there now.

Anyway, I can't imagine they are as important as inventory slots. I should stop whining anyway, I now have like 23 more than I had before.

I kind of wish I kept track of my path as I started the game. I essentially wanted to circle the plateau, got to the first stable and then started doing quests from there. I only got to Kakariko after exploring about 5 other regions and after Kakariko, I immediately went teleported back to start doing stuff in the snowy region because I found the fairy there.
>>
>>171521607
1: It's the Downfall's end. People disagree because their favorite game isn't in the Downfall Timeline and because small references mean more than central plot points to some people.
2: Time changes cultures.
3: The King at the time realized the Sheikah were kind of terrifying and banished them from the land. This event caused a split in the Sheikah that lead to the Yiga clan.
4: They were just both built by the Sheikah. The Guardians were stored in the five giant obelisks surrounding Hyrule Castle.
5: Link DID earn the Master Sword, after all.
6: Spirits and birds, man.
7: The Triforce is referred to by Zelda and the Royal Family as the "Sealing Power." The Royal Family had and used the Triforce throughout the Golden Era, and passed it down through the family, using it for the good of the people.
8: What do you even mean? The B plot is that Hyrule has been in decline because they forsook the gods. Even the fairies don't get rupees anymore.
>>
>>171523770
I hate it when people dump on the game and forget it's got a reasonably well fleshed out and "realistic" ecosystem going on. So many kinds of fucking fauna. It's great, it's part of why the world feels so good. They could stand to cut down on all the herons though, they're way too common.
>>
>>171523493
Zelda is very cute.
>>
File: Prostitution.png (694KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Prostitution.png
694KB, 1600x900px
>>171523493
>Pretty much 90% of NPCs In BotW
>>
>>171523853
You can Z target wolves. What are you talking about?
>>
>>171523957
No you can't. Can't z-target bears either. You can only z-target shit that's in the "monsters" category of the compendium.
>>
>>171523475
>>Gorons in Gerudo near the palace
What did he mean by this
>>
Can someone explain why my horse makes sharp turns into any wall i'm next to.
>>
>>171522164
HORSE STUCK
>>
>>171524043
the gerudo princess is a pervert
>>
>>171524050
switch or wii u?
>>
>>171524050
You haven't trained it well enough yet. Ride a real horse sometime. Those fuckers LOVE to random wander off to the left or right.
>>
>>171523905
>Spirits and birds, man.
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>171523905
Why is it Downfall when the cutscene with Zelda mentions Twilight Princess? Not being a fag and arguing you, just curious y ppl still believe Downfall after this seemingly canonical mention.
>>
>>171524159
It's not a joycon sync issue because those don't exist anymore. Day 1 patch addressed the issue. Just restart your console with the joycons attached.
>>
>>171524168
Thanks
>>
>>171523598
You missed quite a lot (like all of the Guardian types, the Yiga clan, and Moldugas, probably more), but yeah, it's a shame that such a large world has such a small variety of monsters that you find almost everywhere. I think the only enemies exclusive to specific locations are Guardian Turrets and Moldugas.
>>
I... I think I just did a rain dance? The weather was set to be clear all day and I was fucking around jumping over my fire multiple times and turning a glowing hot red and smoky

Then suddenly, downpour. Once again, it was set to be completely clear all day. What the fuck is this?
>>
>>171524050
Horses are pretty much only for roads and open areas like Hyrule Field

Let go fo the joystick whenever you're on the road and they will pretty much follow it seamlessly. The only input you have to give, is speeding up or down or chosing to go left or right at forks in the road.

If they disobey you due to low bond-levels, just give them 5 to 10 apples and it should max out pretty much imediately.
>>
>>171524315
Fair enough. still, no matter how you cut it there are fewer than 15 or 20 types of basic enemy. There area variations on all of them, but it's still pretty sparse. I really want to see many more enemy types in the next installment.
>>
>>171524430
>Horses are pretty much only for roads and open areas like Hyrule Field
I take mine off road all the time. So long as the terrain isn't too rocky, they manage fine. Another trick is just whistle to force them to find a path and follow you through a more rough area.
>>
File: gguLquw.jpg (6KB, 196x185px) Image search: [Google]
gguLquw.jpg
6KB, 196x185px
>>171524145
GIVE ME LORE ON THIS
>>
>>171524256
Because that's a blatantly throwaway fanservice line and there are so many more things that point away from the Child timeline. Like, there's fanservice everywhere - Linebeck Island comes to mind. How could Linebeck be referenced if it wasn't canon he existed hurr

Ruto never became a sage in the Child timeline, and Ganon only appeared twice before he was killed. First he died as Ganondorf in TP, then his soul died as Ganon in Four Swords Adventure.

In the Adult timeline, Ganon only appears once - before the flood - then he's killed as Ganondorf.

In the Downfall timeline, he appears multiple times, just like the story says. He also lost his mind and became an unthinking evil force in the Oracle games.

There's so much more pointing to Downfall, like in the actual plot and events, but because Zelda said the word Twilight a single time people think it's Child timeline. It's dumb, man.
>>
Alright guys, I'm out to avoid spoilers. Thanks for the bit of insight I needed.

And thank fuck for inventory expansion.
>>
File: cropped sidon.jpg (157KB, 1280x638px) Image search: [Google]
cropped sidon.jpg
157KB, 1280x638px
Sidon is for ______!
>>
>>171524360
When you change to a new geographical sub area (wetlands to road to Zoras, for instance) the weather forecast changes. It's not based on tower map areas afaik
>>
>>171524605
IT IS CONVERGENCE YOU STUBBORN FUCKTARD.

I'm really fucking sick of this. There is STRONG evidence from every fucking timeline. The only correct answer is "(D): All of the above"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
What happens when the Great Fairy upgrades your clothes? The screen goes black for a second and Link shows up tired afterwards.
>>
>>171524802
Are you saying some temporal event merged the timelines into one?
>>
>>171524675
Making into a brother in law
>>
>>171523865
just one more reason racemixing is bad
>>
>>171524802
What if there's a fourth timeline?

Link wins but he forgot to change a lightbulb or some shit.
>>
>>171524953
do not engage convergencefags
>>
>>171524939
they've spent a long time alone in those buds, they're thirsty af for link's dick
>>
File: 1466206366369.png (50KB, 215x124px) Image search: [Google]
1466206366369.png
50KB, 215x124px
>>171524548
>can't take horse into mountains or desert
>>
>>171524939
Upgrade by snu snu.
>>
>>171524802
There is not strong evidence for all three. There's strong evidence for one and circumstantial evidence for the other two. The only evidence of Adult that has even the remotest indication of substance is Koroks and Rito. The only evidence of Child is ...???...

There is zero proof of convergence but endless evidence for downfall, including Aonuma's own words of it taking place in the timeline with the most appearances of Ganon.
>>
>>171521327
>Hylian set looks the best.
I'd argue soldier set and some of the classic amiibo tunics are on equal ground. Tunic of the wild with hylian pants too.
>>
>>171524987
I just want the fish to not eternally suffer
>>
>>171524953
Well you can take Hyrule Warriors as canon if you want since Cia's actions in that would cause exactly this sort of thing. And don't feed me some bullshit article about Aonuma calling it "non-canon" because he didn't say that.

But really, it's just the devs don't give a fuck and wanted a soft-ish reboot without abandoning the opportunity for fan service and nostalgia.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/06/11/eiji-aonuma-addresses-hyrule-warriors-place-in-the-zelda-timeline.aspx

So yeah. Either shrug and accept that it's the devs just playing fast and loose, or maybe just call it a part of the Hyrule Warriors timeline and move on.
>>
>>171520795
His stomach is stupid...
>>
File: 1325030229976.jpg (28KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1325030229976.jpg
28KB, 600x300px
Just found out that if you play BotW's House theme in like 4x, we're basically getting the OoT/MM House theme. Which is kinda expected, actually.
>>
>>171525106
>The only evidence of Child is
Twilight Princess. Direct name drop in a cutscene aswell as a huge reference to the Arbiter's Grounds and the Twilight Mirror Chamber.
>>
>>171524561
Patricia is actually male
>>
>>171525003
New timeline after wind waker. Great sea is drained etc etc
>>
>>171524605
>How could Linebeck be referenced if it wasn't canon he existed hurr

Yeah but we have locations that are named across characters from several timelines. Wouldn't the fact, alone, that we have lakes named after the Indigo-Go's (emphasizing that no one in Hyrule should know anything about the names of characters from Majora's Mask to name them after anything) render the location names more as throwaway fanservice references than something they would put into an important cutscene?
>>
>>171525117
>Tunic of the wild with hylian pants too
How does it look with hylian hood? I don't have amiibos so forget that.
>>
>>171525290
What house theme? There's a house theme in BotW?
>>
>>171525343
twilight princess hd just came out that's why they threw in the amiibo doggo as well
>>
>>171525343
She literally says twilight one time. Twilight is an actual time of day. There's also Linebeck Island and Tal Tal Mountain and Hebra and Brynna Plain and Lodrum Headland and Toronbo Beach and Koholit Rock and Mekar Island. You Twilightfags need to learn that an easter egg is just an easter egg.

Actual parts of the plot such as Ganon's mindlessness, Ganon's repeated resurrections, and the Royal Family using and passing down the Triforce during a Golden Era are not easter eggs.
>>
>>171525290
There's a few other ones too I guess like Zelda's Lullaby somewhere I forget and Temple of Time
>>
What do the snow boots and sand boots even do? Are the necessary?
>>
>>171525670
https://aww.moe/s9avbr.mp3
>>
>>171525343
>Twilight Princess. Direct name drop in a cutscene
Jesus Christ, people are exaggerating that scene more and more every time it comes up.
>Arbiter's Grounds
It should be obvious at this point that location names don't really mean shit in terms of where the game sits in the timeline.
>Twilight Mirror chamber
I swear this'd better not be the Palmorae Ruins stone slab again.
>>
>>171525840
They make you go faster in the appropriate places. Not necessary but handy.
>>
>>171525848
Where does this play?
>>
>>171525787
But she's repeating some sort of ritual chant. She didn't say "twilight" of her own volition; it was part of the wording in the ritual most likely written long ago to commemorate all the appearances of the legendary hero. I don't think the inclusion of the word twilight is as careless as people like to believe it is.
>>
>>171525428
Dye the cape and shirt green and it looks really nice, i like it better then the Amiibo and Wild Sets.

Pants shouldn't be dyed since they work nice with Champions Tunic and Amber Earrings too.

The "issue" is more that it sucks gameplay wise since it has no buffs, no set bonus, and poor stats.

I kinda wish there was transmogrification so i could have my Barbarian set look like it.
>>
>>171525913
That's what I figured. Cheers.
>>
>>171525409
Vah Medoh isn't a throwaway fanservice reference. Two entire races of beings in Hyrule isn't throwaway fanservice.

Rito, Koroks and Vah Medoh firmly place WW in the realm of "absolutely did happen in the history of BotW"

>>171525689
That's got nothing to do with the fact that a massive plot heavy and relevant area from TP got a massive recreation in this game.

>>171525787
As an obvious reference to TP. You literally cannot possibly manage to argue that it's not a TP reference. It's right next to an OoT and SS reference.

>You Twilightfags need to learn that an easter egg is just an easter egg.
Thing is, spoken dialogue from the titular character is a fuckton more weighty than a simple place name. You're also conveniently ignore that the Mirror Chamber from TP is recreated in full detail in the Gerudo Desert.

>Actual parts of the plot
Spoken dialogue from Princess fucking Zelda is actual plot.
>>
File: 1214332t432.png (55KB, 269x278px) Image search: [Google]
1214332t432.png
55KB, 269x278px
>lorefags at it again
>>
Fuck you, Oaki. This may be the worst "stealth" mission that I've ever played in a vidya.
>>
>>171525106
>The only evidence of Adult that has even the remotest indication of substance is Koroks and Rito.
These two still living races are the direct result of the Great Flood. They can't discarded like some offhand comment or reference. If the downfall timeline theory is so solid then why is there no explanation for their existence?
>>
>>171526053
For reference, I'm talking about East Gerudo Ruins when I talk about the Mirror Chamber. Just went and looked up the name in BotW.
>>
>>171526031
>it sucks gameplay wise since it has no buffs, no set bonus, and poor stats.
Isn't all that shit overkill though?
>>
>>171526085
Would you rather this be feg and turn into waifu wars?
>>
>>171525840
>do the snow boots quest
>trying to follow the track were the sword might be
>end up falling to the end of the world
>>
>>171526198
East Gerudo Ruins looks absolutely nothing like the Mirror Chamber apart from the fact that it's circular.
>>
File: C6o5dlDVAAEwzDy.png (285KB, 600x753px) Image search: [Google]
C6o5dlDVAAEwzDy.png
285KB, 600x753px
>>171523209
This is the thirstiest Zelda has been for Link's dick so probably
>>
>>171526005
You're right - it was an intentional inclusion. Just like the rest of the easter eggs. It's not careless, it's just inconsequential.
>>171526053
If she referenced the Twilight Realm, sure. If she referenced the Princess of Twilight, sure. If she referenced Zant, sure. But she didn't. A single line does not invalidate the entire rest of the plot. A single line does not hold more weight than the entire backstory of the game. A single line does not suddenly make Ganon not dead at the end of the child timeline or make the Royal Family not have used the Triforce during a golden era.
>>
>>171521607
It's a fucking convergence. The fucking rito and korok exist, you gotta be pretty thick not to at least favour adult timeline. If any timeline is excluded it's child but it is clearly at least both downfall and adult.

Over 10,000 years have passed. Also possibly a retcon regarding the cult of Hylia, since that did not exist before the last released title, despite that coming first chronologically (in other words the cult of hylia might have now always existed, it just wasn't in past games because the devs hadn't thought of it yet)

Explained in-game. Only the sheikah reached that level and they were feared as insane dark wizards or some shit for it. They split into two groups, the modern sheikah tribe that went back to the old ways and preserved hylian tradition and the yiga clan who fell in with ganon after the ungrateful hylians spurned them. Talk to the man in front of impa's house.

Did you miss impa's explanation? The shrines were built to train link to fuck ganon up. The guardians were anti-ganon weapons (except for the shrine guardians, which are tests of strength). Ganon managed to take possession of the guardians and beasts though.

Probably non-canonical like amiibo shit. Gameplay reward rather than something that strictly exists in the narrative context.

See the first point.

Who knows?
>>
>>171526265
>Would you rather this be feg and turn into waifu wars?
What war? Paya already won.
>>
I have 30k+ rupees and I have already got the great fairies and the house. What should I do with this much money?
>>
>>171526309
So I do need them? Can I get both?
>>
>>171526317
You're right. I made a mistake.

>>171526383
That's because you're too much of a stubborn fucktard to accept the convergence reality. There is LITERALLY no other way to make all the different bits of evidence work. LITERALLY.

So fucking grow up and shut the fuck up about your retarded fucking downfall timeline. Thanks.
>>
File: neverending story mark.jpg (46KB, 600x385px) Image search: [Google]
neverending story mark.jpg
46KB, 600x385px
>>171522226
>Because references despite all the evidence of downfall
>Fuck you
I love you, dude. You are definitely my favourite shitposter.
>>
>>171526031
Are the amber earrings any good? No base bonus, but maybe a good defense after upgrades?
>>
do not engage convergencefags
>>
>>171526053
Also, twin peaks is clearly windfall island.
>>
>>171526651
Guide says heat resist. Defense is top of the line.
>>
>>171526182
Then where's the flood? Where are the other Deku trees that supposedly drained the sea? The Kokiri were in human form precisely because Link was entrusted to them. They were just forest spirits, not actual children. Do you know who didn't exist after the great flood? At all? In ANY game in the Adult Timeline? The Zora. Once again, Ganon only appeared ONE TIME before the flood, ZERO times after the flood (nobody knew who he was), and was then killed. The Kingdom of Hyrule fell 100 years before Breath of the Wild after millennia of prosperity. That was the first and only time the Kingdom of Hyrule fell, and it stayed fallen.
>>
>>171526509
You don't need them. They are nice to have when you want to run in the desert or in the snow.
You can have both.
>>
Why are there so few pics of armor mashups? Is it because no (yous) or too troublesome to bother with pics?
>>
>>171526479
did you got that shittone of rupees out of the bowling mini game?
>>
>>171526894
Thanks m8.
>>
File: 1411188094356.jpg (53KB, 642x482px) Image search: [Google]
1411188094356.jpg
53KB, 642x482px
Without spoilers, around what big area is the Zora "son"

When I talk about big area I mean if the Zora is around Hebra, Akkala, Lanayru, Eldin and so on.

I'm asking because I don't remember any Zora "son" in Zoras Domain
>>
File: 1472499421709.png (32KB, 337x338px) Image search: [Google]
1472499421709.png
32KB, 337x338px
How can I backup my Wii U save data?

Some weird stuff is going on when I try to launch the game lately (it tries to update, and won't launch since there's no internet connection to download the update)

So I'm hoping to delete everything and re-install from scratch

But I will probably kill myself if I lose the save data... Anyone willing to spoonfeeding a retard?
>>
>>171527356
zora's domain
>>
>>171526817
Sapphire is heat resist though
>>
>>171526874
>Then where's the flood?
Dried up, read the rock salt description m'dude

>Where are the other Deku trees that supposedly drained the sea?
Play the fucking game, there's dead deku trees all over the world, mostly in high places. They lived and died over the literally ten thousand or more years since then. You would already know this if you played the game and paid attention instead of shitposting all goddamn day.

>The Kokiri were in human form precisely because Link was entrusted to them.
In WW the deku tree actually says that they evolved to take the tree form, they weren't like that originally. Kokiri were their original forms. I'd say it's up to you whether to accept as your headcanon the fanfic of the HE that says they were originally hylians that were alterred into eternal children by the deku tree.

>Do you know who didn't exist after the great flood? At all? In ANY game in the Adult Timeline? The Zora.
And the rito and koroks never existed at all in any other timeline. It's a convergence, you have to have your head pretty much superglued to your rectal lining not to realise this.
>>
>>171527356
He is in the domain
>>
Is there any art yet of the cute trap who sells you the clothing to get into Gerudo Town?
>>
>>171527409
>>171527442
I missed him then. My bad
>>
>>171527410
I'm looking at guidebook scans. It say's heat resist for both. Maybe it's a mistake.
>>
>>171527456
>cute
have you seen his beard?
>>
>>171527425
>muh rock salt
Did you just forget the ancient sea in Skyward Sword?
>there's dead deku trees all over
Where? Name one place. There is one large fallen log broken into three pieces and it's just a big tree, nowhere near as big as the Deku tree.
>the rest
You clearly haven't been paying attention. Being a convergence fag, that makes sense for you.
>>
>>171527378
Attach USB drive, go into options and copy save data to usb
>>
File: 1489338755368.gif (134KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1489338755368.gif
134KB, 288x288px
>>171526258
End game, yeah kinda, but it fucks with MUH OPTIMAL PLAY, i use it though,.

My point is that it is basically for Visual Flair alone since Knight and Champions has better Armor and everything else has just as good (or BETTER) and OTHER bonuses on top of it, it is better then un-upgradeable shit, but that's basically it.

>>171526651
Amber has the same defense as the Knight Helmet, the main draw is that it is "just" non obtrusive earrings visually so it looks great with the Champions Tunic for dat "canon" look, and it only costs like 50-60 or so Amber to fully upgrade, and Amber is EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>171527685
>Where? Name one place. There is one large fallen log broken into three pieces and it's just a big tree, nowhere near as big as the Deku tree.
The rest weren't big enough to survive that long :^)
>>
>>171527609
When you are about to buy them from the shop it definitely doesn't mention any special bonuses.
>>
>>171527650
He's wearing a mask, I can excuse it.
Is that actually a beard? I thought he was like... wearing full-body paint
>>
>>171523475
>those thicc gerudo
Fug
>>
>>171527905
>I thought he was like... wearing full-body paint
so did I, just saw other people call it a beard

might be paint + wig
>>
Look
Breath of the Wild is a direct sequel to Twilight Princess
BotW link is the son of TP link and midna

I don't see how this is arguable
>>
File: 51GB1Ec.jpg (82KB, 496x499px) Image search: [Google]
51GB1Ec.jpg
82KB, 496x499px
So would BotW Link kick every other Link's ass given that he's an actual knight of Zelda, assumed to have had formal training what with his dad being a knight, and for his ability to use a wide range of weapons?
>>
>>171521980
Broly is absolutely no where near the Gerudo town
>>
File: 411px-BotW_Vilia.jpg (28KB, 411x600px) Image search: [Google]
411px-BotW_Vilia.jpg
28KB, 411x600px
Is trap-chan actually a male Gerudo?
>>
File: Fado_Artwork_(The_Wind_Waker).png (225KB, 395x544px) Image search: [Google]
Fado_Artwork_(The_Wind_Waker).png
225KB, 395x544px
>>171526874
>The Kokiri were in human form precisely because Link was entrusted to them.
Where did this come from? And if it's true, then why is pic related a Kokiri and not a Korok?

>Do you know who didn't exist after the great flood? At all? In ANY game in the Adult Timeline? The Zora.
Do you know who does exist after the flood and not in ant other timeline? The Rito.

>That was the first and only time the Kingdom of Hyrule fell
Maybe in 10000 years. We don't that happen before that.
>>
What the HELL ever happened to Deku Scrubs?
>>
>>171528016
BotW link puts up a strong fight, but I'd say one of the links that can use magic might have the upper hand. Possibly OoT link?
>>
>>171528053
no

look under the veil
>>
File: tumbl_this.jpg (47KB, 320x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumbl_this.jpg
47KB, 320x500px
>>171528001
To me it definitely looked like the anime-style 5 o clock shadow that Japs put on their fabulous characters.
>>
which stable has the guy who tells you about upcoming blood moons?
>>
>>171527456
>Did you just forget the ancient sea in Skyward Sword?
Ah yes, the desert in Lanayru that was once a sea that also went all the way up mountains across all of Hylia.

>Where? Name one place. There is one large fallen log broken into three pieces and it's just a big tree, nowhere near as big as the Deku tree.
Thanks for proving my point! Mount Daphes is the first one I found skimming the map, but there's several, including at least two like the one you mentioned (thanks for confirming that you haven't played enough of the game to know what you're talking about).

>You clearly haven't been paying attention. Being a convergence fag, that makes sense for you.
>projecting this hard
Please seek help, we're all worried about you.
>>
>>171528016
LA Link is the strongest
>>
>>171527893
http://imgur.com/gallery/G2vXi
>>
>>171528016
SS Link was also a knight and Fi spoke to him so I guess he's stronger
>>
File: 46545140_p1_master1200.jpg (737KB, 1200x774px) Image search: [Google]
46545140_p1_master1200.jpg
737KB, 1200x774px
>>171528016
HW Link might give him a run since he seems to be roughly the powerlevel "Memory" BOTW Link was and was equally slaughter happy.

HW Link just actually ran out of enemies before the MS ran out of Battery, unlike BotW Link.
>>
how do I find rice?
>>
>>171528328
cut grass in fields (like in hateno) or buy it
>>
>>171528016
Oot Link would kick his trap ass
>>
>>171520957
Hero mode makes WW properly tough, and the best 3D Zelda after BotW.
>>
What is botw Link's rank among other Links?
>>
>>171528115
Drowned in the flood
>>
>>171528292
it's a mistake, I have 4-star amber earrings and no resistance
>>
>>171528176
The first one, near Kakariko's bridge
>>
>>171528526
so what do they do?
>>
>>171527456
>>171527905
>>171528001
Its the carpenter that builds your house in Hateno, anon. He has the same audio and beard.
>>
File: 1489163431358.jpg (66KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1489163431358.jpg
66KB, 700x700px
>>171528328
Sold in Stores, Hateno should have it, it is actually more common then you think.

Wheat is also sold in stores.

Hell, basically ALL "Base" cooking ingredients like Butter and Milk are shit you gonna find most easily only in stores

I think they CAN be gathered in the world but fuck if i know how or where, i spent like half an hour tryiing to give goats and cows food in hope i could milk them.
>>
>>171528595
increase defense, no special effect
>>
>>171528292
Book is wrong. Why would the amber earrings offer the same effect and better defense at such a substantially lower price than the sapphire circlet?
>>
>>171522271
Leave Nayru alone, she was sleepy when Ganon attacked!
>>
>>171528115
Phased out due to being too similar to octoroks, same as river zora.

>>171528132
I'd argue being as fucking insane as he was without magic pre-Calamity (slew like four silver lynels and a shitload of mooks at the same time on the slopes of death mountain and sustained only a small scratch on his arm that zelda, with no real training, was able to treat and mipha was able to completely heal soon after; used the master sword so hard protecting zelda from guardians that he was the first Link that ever managed to BREAK the master sword) makes botw Link a stronger contender, not a weaker one, especially once he basically does have magic by way of the sheikah runes and champions' powers (and stolen wands). Definitely stronger than OoT Link even in that regard, urbosa's fury is basically a stronger, even larger-radius din's fire and that was the main offencive magic in OoT, while daruk's protection is a better version of nayru's love (Link is not only invincible, he can't be knocked around). He basically trades being able to teleport to the start of dungeons for being able to fucking fly and having an extra life. BotW Link wins hands down imo.
>>
>>171522864
>white enemies
What?
>>
>>171527060
Sold a lot of meals and guardian parts.
>>
If I wanted to commission some artwork involving Link and a Moblin (Of my choice) does anyone have an artist recommendation?

Not necessarily lewd art, cute slice of life stuff too.
>>
>>171528663
you can gather rice by cutting grass. Same goes for wheat, but it's only in one region.
>>
>>171528663
>wasting prime meat
>mixing effect ingredients with base ingredients
>>
>>171522864
There is only one white enemy, and that's the white-maned lynel. Yes, it looks very similar to the silver lynel. They're both black and white, they just have the two reversed (white-maned lynel is as the name says and has zebra stripes, silver lynel's stripe colours are reversed and its mane is black).
>>
>>171528667
>>171528705
So is this the best individual headpiece?
>>
>>171528663
>>171528962
Yeah, I grab rice by cutting the fields in hateno with the master sword's beam all the time. Supposedly yiga sickles have a much higher chance of causing grass to drop rice and wheat, but I didn't hear that or try it til after the point where the yiga mostly only had the superior daemon carver.

>>171528913
>silver moblinfu guy wasn't joking about being attracted to silver moblin
jesus christ
>>
Best color to dye the climbing gear? I'll probably use this armor as long as I can.
>>
Will the witcher 3 fill the post-botw void?

Is it better than the first two games? I have mixed feelings about them
>>
>>171529129
What, amber? No way. Diamond circlet also has top defense per rank and gives guardian resistance. Amber is good for the price but not nearly the best.
>>
>>171529197
Yes, it's the best Witcher. And it's definitely one of the best fantasy open world games. BOTW has better gameplay but Witcher 3 has a really rich story. It's good.
>>
>>171529187
>jesus christ

I can't help being the way I am.
>>
>>171529193
I used:
>red bandana
>leave the shirt undyed
>dark blue shorts
>>
>>171529193
Green hat, base chest, gray trousers is what I have
>>
Can anyone with the guidebook tell me what the best potential boomerang is? Not best base attack but best base attack + maximum attack up modifier. I'm interested in farming some, I kind of hate how boomerangs work in this game but I finally realised that's offset with the fact that they hit enemies multiple times with the x2 multiplier for thrown weapons and potentially the x2 multiplier on headshots as well, and of course the x2 multiplier on breaking weapons if they break, so they can really fuck up guardians (which are easy to fuck up anyway, but at least this is a fun new way to do it).
>>
December DLC can't come soon enough, I need more Zelda.
>>
>>171529307
>>171529364
I'll try these palettes out, thanks
>>
File: 20170319222757.jpg (587KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170319222757.jpg
587KB, 1280x720px
>nintendo physics
>>
Has anyone come up with any fun post-game stuff to do

>warp to some area
>throw away all weapons
>cant use master sword
>must travel from point A to B
>ON SITE WEAPONS PROCUREMENT ONLY
>no sheika gear allowed
>I DONT KNOW IM JUST MAKING STUFF UP
>>
what is the most tedious Dragon to farm?
>>
>>171529479
Tbf pure water doesn't conduct electricity at all
>>
>>171529429
I pray. I fucking PRAY for more enemy types, and can't wait for hard mode. I don't take issue with the enemies we have, they are all top quality, I just would love for more of muh Zelda 1 enemies to show up.
>>
>>171529418
Dude I don't know about any of that multiplier stuff but I think the tri-lizalfos blade is pretty great (stronger than normal boomerang, not as big and bulky as giant boomerang) and I often find them with attack+
>>
>>171529479
well, water does have internal resistance
>>
>>171529543
they're all pretty easy, but Naydra's best spot takes at least a minute longer to travel to from the nearest shrine.
>>
>>171529197
TW3 is way better than the first two games imo, but I didn't really like the first two games at all and loves TW3 so that may just be that it appeals to a fundamentally different audience. I loved TW3, and imo it definitely deserved goty, but it does have a lot of flaws (melee combat is very easy and autopilot even on the highest difficulty but if you try going a route other than melee skills you run into the opposite problem where it's very clunky and resource management makes it almost impossible so you fall back on your uninvested melee combat anyway, if you've never played high-skill ARPGs like Dark Souls or Monster Hunter and have mostly stuck to things like Zelda or the other Witcher games this may not bother you though; movement can be a little awkward in tight places, Geralt tends not to be very precise in how he moves for lack of better phrasing) and I love BotW way more.
>>
>>171526053
>You're also conveniently ignore that the Mirror Chamber from TP is recreated in full detail in the Gerudo Desert.
WHEERE I NEED TO SEE THIS
>>
File: what.png (376KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
376KB, 900x702px
>>171529479
>snowling
>almost roll a perfect strike
>right as it hits the first pin the ball shoots off into space
>get a glimpse of the upper atmosphere before the camera goes back to the pins which are spazzing out
>one of them flies off into the mountains, the rest just stutter down to the ground
>still got the strike
>>
>>171529418
I don't think you can headshot with boomerangs. I remember trying to cheese a Lynel with a giant boomerang and it wouldn't work.
>>
>>171529479
This isn't necessarily that inaccurate. If the source of electricity isn't sufficiently powerful it would dissipate before spreading through the entire body of water. Do you think throwing a toaster into an Olympic-size swimming pool turns the whole thing into a death trap? It doesn't.

That being said that pool is pretty small and the giant glowing electricity thingy looks pretty powerful. Not to mention metal is generally an excellent conductor of electricity, even compared to water. It's still pretty dumb.
>>
>>171529856
>>171529676
>>171529645
>>171529479
Listen ya dumbasses.

This is Sheika electricity and Sheika water, ok?
>>
>>171529995
That makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>171529662
I think the tri-lizal shit is a stronger base value than the giant boomerang even, yeah, though the best boomerang I've actually seen in my game so far was a giant boomerang with ~45 (I don't remember the exact number, but it was in the 40s) and using that was what made me realise boomerangs can still be pretty good.

>>171529849
That could be wrong, I have never gotten the headshot "ping" from hitting an enemy with a thrown weapon but someone here was talking about how strong thrown weapons are because they get both the headshot and throwing modifier. I could test it with the champion's tunic to be sure but I'm lazy :^)
>>
Is Link's underwear sheikah made?
>>
>>171529856
Electrician here, if that toaster wasn't on a gfci, circuit beaker, and (most importantly) the pool fixtures weren't grounded to an equipotential plane it definitely would fuck someone up.
>>
>>171529418
Lizal Tri-Boomerang caps at 60 attack (+24 attack modifier)

Giant Boomerang, despite being a two-hander, only goes up to 47 (+22 attack modifier)
>>
>>171529479
Throw some rock salt into it.
>>
>>171530090
But the pool's water is pure

fuck you
>>
>>171530081
Yes. It looks a lot like the sneaky Sheikah armor.
>>
>>171530095
Cool, thanks. That's easier to farm too then.
>>
>>171530073
I've def seen tri-liz boomerangs at the most I think was 54
>>
>>171530081
I wonder if they're comfortable. Link must think so if he only wears one pair through his entire adventure, through deserts, swamps, jungles, and a volcano.
>>
Anyone else fucking hate 2-hand weapons? I am so bad at timing strike windows
>>
>>171530557
spin2win is objectively the most fun gameplay style
>>
>>171530557
Just dodge it bro
>>
>convergence
What the fuck is this, DC Comics?
>>
>parry disarm a silver moblin
>steal its spear before it can get it
>[autistic screeching]
every time this happens I lose it, the personality of the enemies in this game is too good
>>
>>171530557
Sorta, I use my 2-handed weapons as breakage fodder against basic enemies, and 1h plus spears for harder stuff
>>171530719
Do you guys turn off urbosa's fury? It's my only real fault to find with the controls, unless there's some kind of cancel for one or the other
>>
>>171530557
the trick to using 2-handers is to never use the default combo

either use the unsheathe attack or just mow everything down with the spin2win
>>
>>171530778
LOVE stealing weapons, so satisfying. Close second: knocking bokos and mobs into water
>>
>>171528016
Better question, could BOTW Link match up to Adol the Red from Ys?
>>
>>171530557
I love them

I hoard all kinds of weapons, but the 2 hand royal swords are my favorite weapon, as well as elemental greatswords depending on what I'm fighting
>>
File: link2.webm (402KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
link2.webm
402KB, 1280x720px
wow
>>
>>171530854
You can hit B to cancel the spin before the finisher, but I usually just have Urbosa's Fury disabled until I need it.
>>
>>171530854
Just press dash at any point while spinning/winning to instantly cancel the charge attack
>>
>>171530946
>no champion tunic

What the fuck are you doing m8?
>>
>>171530946
>unga bunga where da white zora at
>>
>>171530854
Pretty much what I do. No worries using an edge of duality or great flamesword against a red bokoblin. But nofucking way I'll use a thunder spear against anything below a black boko
>>
BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG
>>
>>171531038
shit, I forgot to re-sort after upgrading it to 4 star. wish that didn't happen
>>
>following dragon
>suddenly screen goes to dark
>I die in a dark screen in water
>wtf
>I discover some kind of dark forest
>decide to explore with torch
>Urbosa's Fury can light my way
>Accidentaly used Urbosa against a Hinox
This place is kind of great
>>
>>171530854
>Do you guys turn off urbosa's fury? It's my only real fault to find with the controls, unless there's some kind of cancel for one or the other
I keep urbosa's fury and daruk's protection off except for cheesing lynels.
>>
>>171531137
Speaking of which, best place to farm Red Dragon horns?
>>
>>171531229
eldin great skeleton
>>
>can just keep going from fairy fountain to fairy fountain capturing fairies and turning them into full heal potions

Do the fairies respawn on a timer or something or is this really possible? I just did it two times in a row.

>>171531209
Yeah, that place is awesome. Nearly shit my pants the first time I arrived there and it was just pitch darkness.
>>
>>171531209
>>Accidentaly used Urbosa against a Hinox
You can hear a Hinox from 3 Hyrule Kingdoms away, nigga wtf
>>
>>171531209
Thyphlo ruins was one of my favourite shrine miniquests.
>>
>>171531229
Probably the most obvious spot; along the ridge of Tanagar Canyon on the Mount Rhoam side. There's a sweet spot in there before (or right after) the dragon ascends where he gets pretty close. I usually leap over, bullet-time the arrow shot, and then glide down because the piece will inevitably fall to the bottom of the canyon.
>>
>>171531229
Tabantha bridge, pass til night at the stable and he comes by around 11pm. Some people use the eldin skelly instead, but I have so much success with Tabantha I haven't bothered.
>>
>>171531229
I like the tower that's near Snowling.
>>
Is the dlc switch only? I have no idea, my game is Wii U retail
>>
>>171531440
Nope.
>>
>>171531353
Maybe he was playing with sound off. The new headset I got recently is uncomfortable with earbuds underneath so that's what I've been doing when I'm voice chatting with friends or listening to podcasts.

>>171531386
I love how the combination of the glider and bullettime makes you feel like you can just jump down from any height despite knowing there's fall damage, and how in combination with that dragons can carry you so high in the sky that you can no longer see the ground (especially naydra). It just feels really cool, if there were no fall damage it wouldn't feel as special though.
>>
>>171531571
>fall damage
>not falling striaght down and pressing X 1 millisceond before dying
>>
Would I still get sent to jail for statutory rape if I had sex with Purah?
>>
>>171531440
No, you even get the nintendo switch shirt on the wii u version.
>tfw went around grabbing the dlc items I forgot to grab around the plateau and got the shirt
>want to throw it out but my autism keeps me from doing so in case I want it for a cheeky screenshot later
>>
>>171531660
I mean, yeah. But also the ability to stop at any point on the way down to shoot shit. Also the fact that being near a dragon replenishes stamina helps.
>>
DOES THE DLC STUFF SPAWN IF YOU MAKE A NEW PROFILE FOR A SECOND PLAYTHROUGH?
>>
>>171531353
>>171531571
Actually, I was scared as fuck because this game gave me a trauma with Wall Masters. So I was expecting to see one any second in this place.
>>
What food that you've cooked in BotW do you think would be the tastiest?
>>
Anyone found good ingredient farming locations?

I seem to have found a great spot for Hot-Footed Frog and Tabantha Wheat.

It's a small raised area on the bed of the canyon, against the wall. It's grassed, cut the grass and out pop the frogs. Usually two, often three.

Also found is Tabantha wheat, Hightail lizards.

A small area but seems to have a really high rate of items.
>>
>>171531209
I had a meteor rod and set the whole forest on fire
>>
File: WVW69kIQbqsAq1K-Ci.jpg (53KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kIQbqsAq1K-Ci.jpg
53KB, 800x450px
Since this thread is somewhat fresh (Sorry for the copypasta)
>That one enemy you wanted to see
Dinofols (Moblin equivalent to Lizalfos)
Gleeoks
Fokka/keru near Rito territory
Darknuts/Iron Knuckles
Skulltulas
Wallmasters for shines
Redeads/Ghinis
Stalfos
>>
>>171531979
Fairy potions.
>>
>>171532072
stalfos
>>
>>171531979
salt-grilled crab or gourmet meat and seafood stirfry
>>
Hello /lozg/ I am bored.

Someone please propose to me a quest, a challenge of sorts. Perhaps one where I must collect items or reach a certain destination with several creative restrictions.

>>171531979
I am a simple man, I would quite enjoy a salty steak.
>>
Is there a trick to cooking good stuff? I've only triggered the special music a couple of times, at random. Just combining ingredients I think would go together
>>
>tfw haven't upgraded weapon inventory
>no house yet
>autism wants me to keep elemental weapons and not use them
>can't pick enemy weapons anymore
help
>>
Does anyone feel that the compendium locations for things is, well.... largely inaccurate? Or simply just not as accurate as it could be?
>>
>>171532171
Get off the plateau without the paraglider.
>creative restrictions
cover your controller with honey.

Good luck!
>>
>>171532198
Upgrade inventory

I can pinpoint you to 3 locations, which have 2 great flameswords and one great thrunderwoser
>>
>>171532072
d a r k n u t s
a
r
k
n
u
t
s
>>
>>171532171
Spam amiibos for your favorite green tunic, obtain all 3 pieces

Use that the whole game, except the necessary slutwear for sluttwon

Make elixirs for everything else
>>
>>171532198
elemental weapons are kinda shit anyways
>>
>>171532072
The Zelda 1 cast of assholes. Ghibdos, Leavers, Peahats, Tektites, Like Likes, Darknuts, etc. Stalfos and River Zora are worked into Lizalfos well enough for me, and the Chu in this game look exactly like what I would imagine Gels and Zols would be. Dodongos and Wallmasters would be nice, but not really missing them too much.
>>
>>171532346
Darknuts on the same level as Lynels would be fucking great, along with maybe one other enemy that could be on that level. Having Lynels in every diverse region lacked some imagination for me.
>>
>>171532435
>elemental weapons are kinda shit anyways

>1 hit kill all sorts of ice enemies with a flamesword
>1 hit kill all sorts of fire enemies with an icesword
>Stun everything with a tundersword

Also setting things on fire, freezing things, being able to use them as 1 level of ice or fire protection, being able to melt ice just by being near one with a firesword, etc etc

These things may not have the highest damage rating, but they're so versatile and good looking that everyone should use them
>>
>>171532465
Like Likes wouldn't be very great in BotW, I think. You'd lose your shield then just pick out one of the other ten shields you're carrying around.

I don't think Wallmasters would do much either, since the dungeons are so compact already.
>>
>>171532171
Minimal HP bar, no fast travel. You must kill Ganon in less than 1 in-game month. Go.
>>
>>171529129
Think of the Amber earrings like the Soldier armor. The Diamond Circlet is the equivalent of the Ancient Armor.
>>
>>171532435
b-but they glow
>>
>>171532072
I hoped Vah Rudania would have been more mobile and active when you fought it.

But mostly I was excited to see Tektites and Skulltulas. As far as bosses, I hoped to see Gohma and Moldorm.
>>
>>171532671
In the end its easier to use elemental arrows for the same purpose. After a while you have a huge surplus of arrows of nearly every type.
>>
>>171532698
Wallmasters should be rare and drag you into a pocket dimension where you have to fight a swarm of Skeletons or something.
>>
>>171532671
I really hope hard mode removes the instant kills on elemental enemies. It trivializes some of the coolest Wizzrobes in the series.
>>
I know they were trying to replicate the Isle of Songs atmosphere with the shrines, but it somehow doesn't have the same impact
>>
>>171532819
They should have given Link the occasional nightmare minigame while he sleeps, maybe after killing a certain amount of enemies.
>>
>>171532963
I felt they were more shooting for the original dungeons in LoZ, but with more mystery and less menace.
>>
>>171532886
>when you see the wizzrob's face clearly for the first time
>>
>>171533067
>I felt they were more shooting for the original dungeons in LoZ, but with more mystery and less menace.
Could have used a song similar to those then, just like they used level 9 for Death Mountain
>>
>>171532991
>They should have given Link the occasional nightmare minigame while he sleeps
This was Awakening or To The Past?
>>
>>171532991
maybe when sleeping through a blood moon?
>>
>>171532886
Fuck wizzrobes
>>
>>171531702
do the police exist?
>>
I tried to go back and play OoT after extensive BoTW playtime, but the controls felt so different that it ruined the experience.
>>
>>171532072
Simpler enemies (Octorocks, Keese):
Tektites
Leavers
Peahats
Pol's Voices
Poes/Ghinis

Complex enemies (Lizalfos, Moblins):
Gibdos
Stalfos

Super Enemies (Lynels):
Darknuts/Iron Knuckles

Bosses:
Gohma
Manhandla
Dodongo
>>
File: 1489378698148.jpg (835KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1489378698148.jpg
835KB, 1280x1440px
>>171532991
>maybe after killing a certain amount of enemies.
yeah that can destroy one's pysche.
>>
>>171533164
*waves hello*
>>
>>171533190
They did. The shrine music is like a mix of the original dungeon music and the caves from LA.
>>
>>171533551
what the fuck is kilton anyway
>>
File: IM COMING FOR YOU....png (172KB, 315x278px) Image search: [Google]
IM COMING FOR YOU....png
172KB, 315x278px
>>171533675
>Shoots elemental arrow its weak to as a warning shot into its face.
>If its an electric one, just shoot it with bomb arrows repeatedly until dead.
>>
>>171533675
The way they cheerfully prance over the villages they demolished 100 years ago is unsettling. But then they wave at you, and it's kind of cute.
>>
>>171533719
I think he's a hylian, he's got pointy ears, is vaguely humanoid.
>>
>>171533479
I was playing the gamecube version of MM and kept fucking with the C-stick for camera controls
>>
>>171533818
I like to equip the armor that makes me immune to their bullshit and watch them prance around sometimes.
>>
>twf you finally mastered the art of running and then jumping

wew
>>
>>171528136
What's there. someone explain
>>
>>171533719
a guy who likes monsters

he should hook up with that cute NPC girl who's interested in them
>>
>>171533479
You just have to accept that BotW is a Zelda game that barely plays like a Zelda

Also, N64 games are just so old that attempting to use the camera is too clunky

Still, OoT is a masterpiece you should be able to enjoy
>>
File: thumb.jpg (36KB, 578x534px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
36KB, 578x534px
>>171533935
>>
>>171533935
Everyone here knows you can just run, let go of the button, then jump right? They give you a grace period, because Nintendo knows platforming.
>>
Does anyone know how long it takes for a weapon to respawn? I'll just say what I'm trying to do incase anyone already knows the outcome:

I took the rusty claymore from the aquaduct in Gerudo Town and was going to give it to the cleaning octorock. I broke it on the way over... But I want to see if it will become another royal claymore or if it will become a gerudo one.
>>
>>171533957
he's got a really nasty 5-o'clock shadow
>>
>>171532053
-All safflinas at the desert fairy
-all crAbs at lurelun
-hearty lizards at lurelun/shrine quest area
-durians between glorious stable and lake hylia (turn on sensor)
-it seems most of the outer ring towers have luminous stones within sight
>>
>>171532072
There should have been Gibdos fucking everywhere in the Desert. There should have been Dodongos and Tektites in the Eldin region. There should have been a Gohma instead of a Hinox at the end of the pitch black forest. There should have been a sleeping Aquamentus instead of a shrine on Hylia Island. There should have been an Iron Knuckle in the Coliseum Ruins. Calamity Ganon's snake form should have been fighting you on the way to the Citadel while you scaled Hyrule Castle. One of the Shrines sorely needed Dark Link. There should have been Leevers on beaches. There should have been Wallmasters or Iron Knuckles patrolling the mazes. Hyrule Castle needed less moblins and more Dark Hammers.

We really needed Poes. Hyrule Castle Town Ruins needed Redeads.
>>
>>171534042
Bloodmoon
>>
>>171534026
man you've got fucking tiny-ass hands then
the correct method is middle finger on run, index finger to jump
>>171534042
I think it's randomized?
>>
>>171534192
>the correct method is middle finger on run, index finger to jump

>implying this is possible on the switch joycon
>>
>>171532072
I really just wanted to see lanmolas. Imagine a big centipede bursting out of the desert sands or the snow to the north.
>>
>>171532303
For weapons yeah, for monsters, animals, and ingredients no
>>
>>171534125
Not everything is about OoT.
>>
>>171534192
wow looks like we got some kind of monster hunter guy here

>>171534125
I agree with absolutely everything except having a snake ganon chasing you. I think that would have ruined the atmosphere of the place and cheapened ganon's appearance.
>>
>>171534258
If you're not playing in handheld or with a pro controller then I feel bad for you son but you gotta learn to claw
>>
>>171534285
And not all of your posts need to make you look like a fag, what's your point?
>>
>>171532465
Malduge = dodongo
>>
I've been looking all over gerudo for an electric darner please help
>>
>>171534125
We're probably getting Dark Link in the DLC. The assets are already there and it wouldn't be the first time he's been in an "of Trials" dungeon.
>>
>>171534125
Interesting ideas, but I get the feeling that you are a genwunner
>>
>>171534392
>imfuckingplying
>>
>>171534420
Buy one from Beedle
>>
>>171534420
Above the Gerudo labrynth maybe?
>>171534421
>The DLC is an Adventure of Link remake
>>
>>171534392
Mad as fuck. Iron Knuckles have always been a poor man's Darknut.
>>
>>171534420
I found one behind hyrule castle oddly enough (this after I gave up and tried to forget the quest for the girl)
>>
>>171523927
there are too many wolves and they're too aggressive. Sometimes it feels like I'm shooting a howling wolf in the face every 20 seconds
>>
>constantly dying
>never blocked in any zelda game before outside of mechanics needing it
>remember to block
>fights are too easy now
>until I run out of shields
>>
What does the horse power stat actually mean? Health? Ramming damage?
>>
>>171534697
learn to parry
>>
Wow just tried to play in kickstand mode. I really cant imagine snowboarding and then playing this thing out on a picnic table because the angle of the kickstand is not wide enough to see the screen even for the most kyphosis inflicted autist.
>>
>>171534765
political power
>>
>>171534765
>>171534863
Number of delegates
>>
>>171534697
Dodge, motherfucker.
>>
>>171534697
How the fuck did you live through Zelda 2 without blocking?
>>
>>171534848
what do you mean? All of my TVs are 7 inches or less, any more than that is just a waste.
>>
>>171534469
Gibdos were barely in Ocarina, pls. Aquamentus was just a cool fucking dragon, I liked the three goddess dragons but it would've been cool to have some actually large enemies to fight that go offscreen because of how big they are.

Mostly I feel like we just needed some enemies to make you stop and think "what the fuck is this how do I kill it," because that stopped after the first couple hours until you run into a Lynel... Then it's just gone.

The coolest new enemies are Dark Hammer and Skulltulas.
>>
File: 1463324409523.png (319KB, 1199x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1463324409523.png
319KB, 1199x1091px
>>171534663
>Roommate loves wolves with autistic splendor
>Make it my goal to exterminate their hateful kind
>He gets super pissy about it
God damn do I hate them though
>>
>>171534369
I know how to claw, I've played a shitton of souls.

Thing is, yeah, I don't have a pro controller and the joycons are just too small for it
>>
>>171534697
>>
>>171534612
Alright fair. Darknut would fit the coliseum a lot better.
>>
File: cute.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
I think I maybe obsessed.
>>
>>171534663
Wolves feel more threatening than Wolfos did. Those cheeky fucks even dodge your attacks when they can.
>>
>>171532072
Those statue things that become knight monsters when you go near em
>>
>people actually acknowledge wolves in this game

What? You just ran past them and they give up following after 5 meters
>>
I'm bad at parrying and dodging how do I deal with guardians?
>>
>>171535329
... Seals.
>>
Sidon is annoying.
>>
>>171535329
What is Zelda going to say when she sees pictures of an underage girl sleeping on your sheikah slate?
>>
>>171535243
I can claw fine while playing in handheld mode. Also, I just realized I've been laying my thumb across the joycon buttons for that shit.
Get a pro controller they're great.
>>171535424
>armos statues
Ye. But there aren't any good chokepoints to force you to engage with them.
>>171535485
Get gud?
>>
>>171535465
Prime meat my man
>>
>>171535485
break it's legs.
>>
>>171535465
Doesn't work when there are things you want to check out near them.
>>
>>171535539
Maybe widen the armos search range? And have them at Hyrule Castle, and maybe some of the modest/major tests of strength
>>
>>171535485
Spend 5 minutes reloading a save around an immobile guardian at varying distances and learn the timing. It's so fucking easy. The cue is the sound of the beam firing.

If you got hit, you parried too early. If your shield took the hit, you parried too late. If Daruk's proc'd, then you can't tell, so turn it off.
>>
>>171535243
I just run, then jump. You don't need to press both buttons at once.
>>
Has anyone tried getting Cuccos to attack a guardian?
>>
>hunting Guardians with the Master sword

Fuck ancient arrows this is way more fun
>>
>>171535763
Yeah. It works, but it does next to no damage to them.
>>
>>171535465
Good luck doing that when you're trying to kill a Lynel
>>
>>171529543
Dinraal imo, the two closest shrines are still in obnoxious locations, then Naydra. Farosh is the easiest to farm by far.
>>
What's the cutest andro Link combo? I say rito hair, voe chest, barbarian trousers
>>
>looking through my compendium
>realized my pictures of Frost Talus and Frost Pebblit are nearly identical
HELP
Also: what goes in 127-128? Between the Guardians and the decayed guardian.
>>
File: C7HX6OPW4AE9iS5.jpg (9KB, 250x100px) Image search: [Google]
C7HX6OPW4AE9iS5.jpg
9KB, 250x100px
>smash open big wooden box
>out come a one single apple
>>
KAH-kuh-REE-ko or kuh-KAHR-ih-ko
HYE-li-an or HIL-i-an
discuss
>>
Where is Snowling?
>>
>>171535932
Barbarian but with the diamond circlet
>>
>>171536003
First for both.
>>
>>171535949
Guardian Turret and Sentry

>>171536003
deh ku or dee ku
>>
>>171536003
kah-kah-ree-koh

high-li-an
>>
i have all the the plants except the last in the compendium. Can I have a hint (not a spoiler please) what I should be looking for or where? I haven't been to the castle.
>>
What's the best Zelda game to play now that I've beaten BotW and it's left a void in my heart?
>>
>>171536003
>>171536096
kakariko and hylian
>>
>>171536210
TLOZ, MM or TP
>>
>>171536184
Last as in number 197?

octagon
>>
>>171536282
Last in the plant section
>>
>>171536210
Ocarina followed by Majora (which is what I'm going to replay when I finish BOTW) or Twilight Princess.
>>
>>171536003
KEHH-KAK-ARIRI-RIRE-OKKO

HYAA-AA-ALIEN
>>
>>171536210
Definitely the original Legend of Zelda. I used to be a big baby bitch and never went beyond the first dungeon, but I picked it up the other day and played for a few hours straight. I guess after experiencing the open world of BotW I can finally appreciate this one more.
>>
The should have added a Gleeok that gets more heads after each blood moon.
>>
>>171536431
Imagine if the only vidya you played previously were Tetris or Galaga or Mario Bros. Would have been fucking mindblowing
>>
>when your camera is full with pics of your NPC waifus and you cant bring yourself to delete any
>>
>>171536003
Eeh reh
>>
>>171532053
There's an orchard of apple trees on the eastern slope of satori mountain. Like 100+ apples total
>>
>>171521629
I sold all my saphires and rubies, got around 5k from beedle

save your diamonds
>>
What old locations can be visited?
>>
>>171536604
if you're on switch you can just snapshot them
>>
File: pokemonsnap.jpg (18KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonsnap.jpg
18KB, 256x384px
>>171536604
When can we expect this to come back?
>>
>>171536836
Can do the same on Wii U with miiverse
>>
>>171536810
A ton. Most of them are completely destroyed, but Lon Lon Ranch is the most obvious. On the Great Plateau there's the Temple of Time, the bridge leading to Hyrule Castle, and the old Hyrule Castle itself (it's called the Old Abbey) which has the spot you meet Zelda among other places. Even the moat.

You know what blows my mind? There isn't a single windmill in this game.
>>
>>171536751
it's also the best place I've found to get endura carrots, which are wizard for horses and stamina potions
>>
>>171536957
> or a si fleeing dmu
troll/10
>>
>>171536957
Tabantha Great Bridge you cuck
>>
>>171536997
Also available at desert fairy, but only one or two (not sure if they're swift or endurance carrots if I'm honest)>>171537040
>>
I want to rape Nat and Meghyn and steal their truffles. I want Meghyn to console Nat after screaming at her until she cried. I want truffles to make Nat's stomach turn, to have them realize they either need to revisit the site and subject of their most brutal encounter before rent is due or have to whore themselves out for the rupees. Then I want to marry Purah. I don't know what Purah has to do with this, maybe she has something against truffles. Fuck you, this is my fanfic not yours I'm an adult.
>>
>>171536957
>There isn't a single windmill in this game
hateno has like 3 or 4 doesn't it
>>
>>171536957
>There isn't a single windmill in this game.
Have you just not been to Hateno?
>>
File: EZBPcc4.jpg (310KB, 640x930px) Image search: [Google]
EZBPcc4.jpg
310KB, 640x930px
>>171535527
>>171536604
>Link, may I use the Sheikah Slate for a moment?
>>
>>171537161
I think you have unresolved issues that don't involve Purah one bit.
>>
>>171536957
>old abbey
where this
>>
>>171537259

>Immediately hit X Y X on the sheikah slate

>"Sure here you go!"
>>
File: Chillin with the crew.jpg (62KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Chillin with the crew.jpg
62KB, 800x450px
>>171537161
Everytime I run into those truffle bitches, they always seem to get their asses beat by the local bokoblins since they're apparently too retarded to get away from them.

Sometimes I just put on my boko hat and watch them get up then beat down again by the bokoblins and watch them do their little victory dance just for shits and giggles.
>>
File: thinking.jpg (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
13KB, 256x256px
Does anyone feel like it would have made more sense for Hateno and Kakariko to switch names?

I don't mind that the classic kakariko track from LttP, OoT, and TP isn't back, but they changed the overall aesthetic so much so that it's totally unrecognizable. It's never had an Eastern theme before. As it stands, botw's Kakariko could have been named anything, even something original like Hateno.

Impa's house being there and cucco collecting are probably the only things that characterize it as Kakariko village.
>>
>>171537362
WOW fuck are you kidding me did I only just learn how to do that from your post
>>
Zelda's breasts are too large.
>>
Gorons are the best race desu. If you disagree kys. literally kys
>>
>>171537505
Gorons are cool, BROTHER
>>
>>171537505
agreed brother
>>
>>171537505
gorons are boring
>>
>>171536781
That Gerudo chick in the Goron city will buy your rubies, sapphires, or topazes in batches of 10 for more than the market value.
>>
>>171537259
>mind explaining why are you in vae Gerudo clothes in Goron City?
>>
GUYS

GUUUUYS
IF YOU WALK ON A WOODEN FENCE LINK WILL STICK HIS ARMS OUT TO BALANCE BETTER

FUCK MAN THIS IS A GAME CHANGER
>>
>>171537505
my brother
>>
>>171537703
don't judge me bitch i didn't ask to be champion
>>
>>171537615
Don't work yourself into a shoot, brother
>>
>>171537420
I literally never connected the dots with the cucco collecting, you just blew my mind thanks
>>
>>171537715
Try opening a chest in sneak mode
Try cooking in sneak me de
Try opening a chest from behind without trousers on
>>
>>171537703
Porn of Zelda fucking crossdressing Link when
>>
how do you get the lord of the mountain to spawn?
>>
>>171537895
phoneposters OUT
>>
I've only played Link's Awakening, Oracles, and Minish Cap. What am I in store for with this game? (Spoilers ok, literally don't care)
>>
>>171520795
can all bows deal damage to the weak points and final hit of ganon's final form?
>>
>>171538008
cut down the sakura tree, make sure the log rolls into the pond
>>
>>171538040
you push buttons and things happen on a screen, sometimes this releases dopamine
>>
>>171538040
more waifus but less dating than those games
>>
>>171522468
>using the word marry like that
I hope you get shot in the face, you stupid cunt.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (905KB, 1280x2866px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
905KB, 1280x2866px
>>171538040
>>
>>171537895
are

are these things? I'm going to try them.
>>
>>171538040
We have the same background, this game is fucking great.
>>
>>171538148
They are
>>
Is there any way to mod the durability on just the master sword using this?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-trainer-eshop-eu-beta.463066/
>>
>>171538104
this sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>171538317
yes it is
>>
>you can stasis plants
What
Why is this in the game
>>
>>171538040
Why have you only ever played the worst Zelda games?
>>
>>171538470
>Awakening and Oracles
>worst
fuck you
>>
Okay this might be a dumb question

To get the blue flame to Robbie's shack, do you have to carry it all the way from Hateno to Akkala on foot with a torch? Is there no way around that?
>>
>>171538470
this triggers my koizumis
>>
>>171538513
All the 2D and handheld Zelda games just look so stupid haha
>>
>>171538582
You might want to explore that are a little bit more
>>
>>171534042
OK FUCK I finally did it after several mishaps.

I brought the Gerudo Town rusty sword to the octorock, and it spit out a Knight's Claymore. I don't know if it is randomized like another Anon suggested, so I might have to try it again. Either way, I don't see this ever being a worthwhile trip.
>>
>>171538582
There's place in a nearby hill with blue flames
>>
>>171538646
Oh, fuck, alright yeah disregard then, I'll keep looking. thanks
>>
>>171538040
Purah is best girl
>>
>>171538582
HOLY SHIT

Okay. This is the challenge I've been looking for.

A challenge to all:

Bring the Hateno torch all the way to Akkala without going out.

Someone let me know if you're in and I'll do it with you.
>>
>>171538647
just keep reloading right before you throw it at him
>>
>>171538620
im 12 btw hahAa
>>
>>171538754
I WAS ABOUT TO TRY IT until these anons helped me out.
>>171538664
>>171538646

Would have been pretty cool if I pulled it off.
>>
>>171538757
Yup confirmed for random. Aw man.
>>
>>171538754
carrying a burning torch slowly damages it. it'll eventually break.
>>
>>171538883
Before it breaks, set fire to the grass, equip new torch, relight.

or would it just turn into regular fire?
>>
>>171538883
I thought only non-torch wooden weapons like boko clubs eventually broke from fire. I've carried a lit torch for a hella long time without it breaking.
>>
>>171538937
Yup, turns into regular fire. But maybe there is a location that is far yet plausible to bring it to...
>>
File: 1489628838754.png (1MB, 1317x855px) Image search: [Google]
1489628838754.png
1MB, 1317x855px
>>171538137
this passed localization?

what an odd thing
>>
>shrine where you have to bring an electric cube over a gap with an elevator between
>moving it turns off the elevator so you can't get back
>stay on the elevator, magnesis the cube over, jump in the void
>cube is at the destination with me

dunno how you're supposed to do it
>>
>>171538984
Wait. Drop the torch with the blue flame still lit, equip new torch, light it from the blue flame.
>>
>>171538883
That's wrong!
>>
>he doesn't know about whistle climbing
>>
>>171534663
>there are too many wolves and they're too aggressive
They sure do how a lot, but I rarely actually get bullied. It's super easy to repel them too. Just toss a bomb.
>>
>>171539031
You can walk on the electrical conduit.
You can magnesis the electric cube from the midway point and activate the elevator from the other side.
You can stasis the cube and tao pai pai over
>>
>>171528016
Hyrule Warriors Link could give him a good fight
>>
File: torch.jpg (26KB, 497x280px) Image search: [Google]
torch.jpg
26KB, 497x280px
>>171539070
HOLY SHIT IT WORKs.

Ok fags, I'm doing this. The lighting of the torch from Hateno to Alkalla. The rain will probably kill me, but no matter what happens, I will post my results in this thread or the next.
>>
>>171539264
do you have to hit/kill them to scare them off?

I have like 100 meats because of them

I've spent so many rupees on arrows
>>
>>171539383
YES. good luck anon
>>
>>171539407
Killing a single one will repel the pack. I think even non-fatal damage causes a retreat. Bomb+ can kill any kind in one hit except the snow variety I think. It's realistic as fuck in that sense by the way. Predators usually give up immediately when they get injured by prey. You don't even have to fend them off if I'm being honest. So long as you keep walking, they aren't even a nuisance. You can just outrun them and they get bored. They're never aggressive enough to be a persistent threat unless you're stationary and well outnumbered.
>>
>>171539505
Ok first though sorry but can someone tell me how to make my uploads not look like low res shit?
>>
File: 1439930481925.jpg (314KB, 700x775px) Image search: [Google]
1439930481925.jpg
314KB, 700x775px
shrine poll

http://www.strawpoll.me/12568722
>>
>>171539031
Not sure if this is the one I'm thinking of, but you are supposed to use magnesis to drag the electric cube along the conduit which will keep powering the elevator that goes across the gap. It doesn't have to be in the terminal to power it, touching the conduit directly works.
>>
File: 20592445.jpg (22KB, 566x566px) Image search: [Google]
20592445.jpg
22KB, 566x566px
>all the fucking fairies look like the fairy lady from shrek
>>
>>171539710
What's a blessing shrine?
>>
>>171539710
The first time I came across one of these shrines I was relieved I didn't have to do more shit than I just had to do to get there. It's good game design.
>>
>>171539710
I voted in favor of blessings but I have a complaint to voice

Sometimes the blessing doesn't feel earned. I know of at least one blessing where all I did was bomb a wall to find it. Conversely, there are also a shocking number of shrines that have puzzles inside them even though you had to complete quests/tasks to access them.

The game is inconsistent and it smells like a rushjob in this sense. But no, I don't mind Blessing Shrines as a concept and they're usually done right in this game.
>>
>>171539807
You get in the shrine and there is no puzzle. You open a chest and collect the orb, and leave, complete with 2 loading screens of course.
>>
Ok so back to the waifu wars.

Paya is shit
Zelda is autistic and shit
Purah is overrated
Mipha is best girl
Riju is meh
Urbosa is also a good choice

Sidon is overrated
Kass is underrated
Daruk is best husbando
Revali is meh
>>
>>171539918
Ahh, the good ol' "i know it's a pain getting here, get your orb and fuck off" shrines
>>
>>171539956
>forgetting the Gerudo town Hylian
>forgetting all of the stable girls
>forgetting all of the store greeter girls
Ivee a best
>>
>>171539008
They made sure to make clear she's just taking a while for her body to mature, she's actually an adult in mind.

Wouldn't be shocked if in Japan they made no such distinction.
>>
>>171539956
spotted the barafag
>>
>>171539956
>Paya is shit
>Revali is meh
Fuck you. I'd have accepted meh for Paya, even though she's best girl, as I recognize she's a side character. But Revali is nothing but fucking shit. Birdfuckers even have two non-total-asswipe choices to choose from.
>>
>>171540087
>forgetting that
I forget her name and feel horrible for it, but damn, she ticks all my boxes
>adventurous and bold
>dark skin with light hair
>nice bod
>face is in that weird but perfect spot between 'sexy' and 'cute', but isn't quite either, and isn't just 'beautiful'
>>
oh my god revali is and sounds like such a supreme cuck I hate it when his gale comes off cd
>>
>>171539956
>Mipha is best girl
I was probably distracted by her awful english voice acting.
>>
>>171540426
I made myself look like a fool
*>forgetting that one girl who goes on ruin raiding parties with her brother
>>
>>171540436
He's a furfag. He also voiced Teba and the Deku Tree.

Treehouse really shat the bed on the casting for this. Go look at Zelda's previous roles. Ask yourself: Who in the right mind would hire THIS person to play possibly one of the most famous women in gaming? Not only that, but in her very first major voiced appearance and in a massively hyped game that's also a launch title for a new console?
>>
File: 1488056933856.jpg (216KB, 587x734px) Image search: [Google]
1488056933856.jpg
216KB, 587x734px
>Have to get 23 targets for the mounted archery game
FUCKING HOW? I'VE BURNED THROUGH THREE LYNEL BOWS ALREADY.
>>
>>171540561
I don't think Treehouse was responsible for casting. Generally when game companies in the West get games dubbed, they do so through outsourced companies, and that includes the casting. They might've gotten a shitty one for this, as other dubbed Nintendo games like Fire Emblem have a fine voice cast.

I feel like Sidon, Daruk, Urbosa, and Riju did decent jobs. Everyone else was meh to bad.
>>
>>171540685
maybe try not using a shotgun on a minigame about sniping long-range targets
>>
>>171540685
Jesus christ I feel you, I cannot git gud
>>
>>171540685
I'm trying to do it right now too, it's a fucking nightmare

I've heard putting on motion controls make it easier, but I'm not sure how much I believe that.
>>
>>171540870
I can agree with you there. Yunobo was fine though, I don't see why people shit on him. He's supposed to sound juvenile because that's what his character is about.
>>
>>171540958
Motion controls are obnoxious, but they do make that minigame easier.
>>
>>171540685
Only use long range bows you dumbfuck. Swallow, Falcon, Golden, Phrenic, Great Eagle.

>>171540958
>not sure how much you believe that
I CANNOT wait until people like you are a thing of the past. Dual Analog with Gyro Assist is fucking incredibly intuitive, fast and accurate. Do the major work with the sticks, and then tilt and adjust slightly for finesses/accuracy with gyro inputs.

Trust me. Please don't be a stubborn idiot.
>>
File: C7VmV_3VAAAah6g.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C7VmV_3VAAAah6g.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
>>171539383
FUCKING HELL
>>
>>171540974
I forgot about Yunobo to be honest, he was good too.
>>
>>171540870
Urbosa and Sidon were fantastic, riju was great too. Daruk's va had a good voice but wasn't to good at reading his lines fluidly/had shit lines.
>>
I know the test of strength respawn after a blood moon, but what if I wanted to fight the scouts in a regular shrine test?

Do they respawn too?
>>
>>171541113
oh god

If you have to fight then, throw the torch and pull out a sword real fast. hope the flame doesnt go out
>>
>>171541097
I don't like the gyro controls since I usually play with the gamepad resting on my lap. It's much comfier to just use the analog sticks.
>>
File: tumblr_oihti6llEr1vas4iuo1_1280.png (388KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oihti6llEr1vas4iuo1_1280.png
388KB, 640x480px
>>171540872
>>171541097
>Get told to use lynel bows and bomb arrows
>Now it's sniper bows
Thank fuck I have three of them.
To break.
>>
>>171541113
You can outright all these enemies at walking speed. I didn't kill a single enemy before lighting the Akkala torches.
>>
>>171541219
I do too. You don't have to lift it, the slight adjustments needed when doing aiming won't matter.

>>171541242
The first person ones will be harder to use. I'd avoid them. They have slow charge speed too. Rito bows are top tier for this. I aced it with a quick charge falcon bow.

Bomb arrows are only good for two moments in the course. Obviously the final cluster of 5 is easy with a bomb, but there's also that pair side by side over top of the route at one point, you can get both with a bomb. Just swap when the time comes.
>>
>>171541406
I tried gyro aiming. I'm too stupid for it
>>
Are the Ancient weapons and armor from Robbie worth it? I stock up on arrows for Guardians but what about the other stuff? It's pretty expensive.
>>
File: torch3.jpg (215KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
torch3.jpg
215KB, 1280x720px
>>171541113
Confirmed that u can get hit and still keep the torch
>>
What really bugged me about the voice acting was that it sounded poorly mixed to me, like nothing they said sounded like it was actually coming from the character
>>
Just beat the game. Sucks you can roam the world post Ganon. I was looking foward to that.
Anyways how do you get the Shiekah heirloom from Impa?
>>
>>171541449
It's not hard or complex though. You just have to learn. Get yourself 90% of the way to "on target" with sticks, and then give it nudges with the gyro until you're exactly where you want.

For example, when sniping long range, I usually use the stick to aim directly onto the target, then start to adjust for drop/travel time with gyro inputs from that position.
>>
>>171540872
>he's never gone skeet shooting
Shooting clays is a time honored tradition
>>
>>171541484
Ok so I got to Kakariko Bridge with a Yiga bowman in pursuit and then some light drizzling (was not pictured on the weather timeline) blew my torch out... I tried to cheat and pick up from an autosave but it loaded the game without the torch flame.
>>
>>171541557
To elaborate, the gyro basically serves as a really intuitive and accurate way of doing those little "nudge" adjustments that analog sticks ask of you. It's really easy to go too far or not far enough when you're nudging a stick.
>>
>>171541687
rip

You tried
>>
Are 445/535 the best stat totals for horses? Or are people trolling when they say they found a mystical 545/455/555 horse?
>>
>>171541202
why the fuck would you want to fight a Scout I or II, honestly
>>
>>171541778
Cause I'm just restarting and a steady supply of guardian weapons would be neat
>>
>>171541686
But this isn't clay shooting. This is horseback archery.

He needs long range accuracy in this case.

>>171541765
I think 445 and 535 are the only ones with 13 total stars. I've never seen a 355 or anything like that.
>>
>>171541778
Because that fucking kid that ask you for an Axe +
>>
>>171541765
They're lying. The best horse is 2/5/3
>>171541852
They only drop the weakest version of the guardian weapons, that's weaksauce.
>>
>>171541975
Those still take out stalker legs in one hit, don't they?
>>
>>171541765
Someone posted a 455 some time ago.
>>
>>171541914
You want a medium test of strength or whatever, then.
>>
Were the fuck do I get a fire rod?
>>
>>171542049
I thought you needed to do like 60 damage to take out a stalker leg, it doesn't matter what the weapon is
>>171542061
Source me or I don't believe you.
>>
>>171541975
>implying 5 speed matters when you only have 3 stamina

I bet you we could prove that 4 speed 5 stamina is the fastest way to get around.
>>
>>171542127
Thyphlo Ruins has a couple.
>>
>>171542127
From Fire Wizzrobes.
Just do the spooky shrine though.
>>
>>171542138
look it up in the archives
>>
>>171542146
>burst speed meaning shit
it's all about that long haul, baby
>>171542127
Go punch some wizbros in their goofy faces
>>
>>171542185
>>171542186
>>171542218
I swear I'm gonna bomb that kid after I show him the fire rod
>>
So I've figured out a perfect Dinraal farming spot if anyone needs it. Go to the Maag No'rah Shrine (near the Salari Plain). Immediately below it is a Bokoblin Camp. Kill them, then use their cookpot fire to wait until Night (9pm). Dinraal will spawn further down the canyon and fly right over to you. Hit him for the part you want, then climb back up to the Bokoblin Camp. He'll leave, and immediately spawn again after Midnight, allowing for another drop.

>>171542062
Modest Test Of Strength

>>171542127
Fire weilding Poes

>>171542186
Those I find usually have Meteor Rods.
>>
>>171542218
But 5 stamina is the long haul you dumbshit. I'm able to spend more of my trip travelling as a 4 speed gallop dash than you're able to spend at 5 speed gallop dash. The result will make up for the minor actual speed difference.
>>
>>171542201
No u
>>
>>171542261
Just wait.
>>
>>171542309
W-why.....
>>
>>171542295
No you idiot, the carrots/spurs regenerate at the same rate no matter how many of the fucks you have, so you can only use one every so often. That's the limiting factor in galloping, not how many boosts you get.
>>
>>171542295
Of course none of that matters since Ganonhorse is faster than all other horses simply because he's fuckhuge and cantors faster than most gallops.
>>
>>171542146
>>171542295
>>171542396
There's also a glitch that gives your horse infinite stamina. I have no clue how it's done, but I see speedrunners exploit it in any% runs.
>>
File: blood moon.jpg (636KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
blood moon.jpg
636KB, 1280x720px
slept at the campfire 13 times buddy, what's it gonna take
>>
>>171542396
>the carrots/spurs regenerate at the same rate no matter how many of the fucks you have, so you can only use one every so often

The increased total reserve will allow for more advantageous speed bursts along open/straight stretches. 5 speed is a meme unless it comes with at least 4 stamina.

>>171542452
He's the worst though. I hate him.
>>
>>171542452
>confirmed for never having a 5 speed horse
>>171542481
Are there even any turns that require you to slow down
this is worse than a casual racing game without turns
>>
Can you cook food in blue flame?
>>
>>171542553
Depends on if you're auto piloting or not. The horse is less confident when acting on it's own. The reduced turn speed WILL throw it off unless you're steering for it and even then, you'd be surprised how hard it can be turn manually at a gallop dash speed.
>>
The next poster is a Yiga spy. Do not trust what he tells you.
>>
>>171542565
it does the fire/grill effect, yes
>>171542627
>I'd be surprised
No way fucko
>>
>>171542565
Campfires are always normal fire, even if you use a blue flame to light them.
>>
>>171536751
Mount satori also has a load of fleet lotus seeds and rushrooms which are really nice, and a lot of ore, and it's a good place to get pictures of a few rarer critters, and there's a lot of koroks. It's like the most dense and beautiful place in the game, I think it was a good tribute to iwata all in all even if most people only ever go there for the lord of the mountain.
>>
>>171542478
Reset your game.
>>
>>171542660
I think you would be though. The horse will just give up and stop if it even detects the possibility of an impact. The confines of where you're able to safely travel without triggering your horse's nerves is invisible and not always easy to judge. You never know when a small object might stop you completely rather than cause your horse to leap.
>>
>>171542660
Fuck you
>>
>>171542813
DIE, ENEMY OF MY MASTER
>>
>>171540173
They didn't, /lozg/ autists tried to make that clear. She looks and acts like a child in-game.

It passed censorship for the same reason that Oblivion originally had a T instead of M rating despite extreme gore in some portions (until it was literally re-reviewed for a fanmade tiddy mod that had nothing to do with why its rating actually got marked up), which is that the ratings board does not play very far into games at all and as a result mature content hidden behind more than like 20% of the plot/game/normal progression is unlikely to affect ratings.
>>
>>171542881
But that's not even how it works. The devs just provide a list of stuff and provide the ESRB with footage of the stuff that's listed. That's all that happens. The developer compiles a list of likely offenders and the ESRB review it.

With Oblivion, I guarantee you Bethesda/Zenimax were just trying to be sneaky fucks.
>>
>>171542873
>this nigga hates bananas
I support you in your decision to take his life
>>
>>171543037
The quest with a zora child hooking up with a young hylian adult was not mentioned in the ESRB rating so presumably NoA either overlooked it themselves or were trying to be "sneaky fucks" as well. The fairies were mentioned but it's doubtful that the tier 4 enhancement cutscene was what they were talking about (considering it was called "mildly suggestive") and the arrow lady was mentioned, as well as some npc I don't remember saying "If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?" (I'm sure we all know how that is).
>>
>No like likes
>>
Is the Amiibo gear worth grabbing an Amiiqo or PowerTag for?
>>
>>171523829
the horses follow the road for you retard
>>
>>171538582
Are you retarded?

They tell you, explicitly, that on the other mountain right next to the lab there's a blue flame

Like holy shit, do you even read?
>>
>>171543498
>no dodongos
>>
If I sleep at an inn right before the blood moon happens, does it still occur off screen or just delay it for a day? I know the latter happens if you're in a shrine during the blood moon. I want to finally start the Eventide shrine but don't want the blood moon to come up while I'm doing it.
>>
>>171543670
I tried this, the bloodmoon cutscene still happens
>>
>>171539723
>you are supposed to use magnesis to drag the electric cube along the conduit which will keep powering the elevator that goes across the gap. It doesn't have to be in the terminal to power it, touching the conduit directly works.

>people are stupid enough not to figure this out right on the spot
>people even need to figure this out

Holy fuck, is /vg/ actually stupid?
>>
>>171539956
>Riju is meh

Fuck off m8, Riju is fucking hot as hell and best waifu
>>
>>171521607

Child Timeline, it's the one with the most evidence and least things going against it.
Hylia worshipped is now assumed to have always been around, it's a retcon. The golden goddesses were never worshiped, only other deities like the Great Deku tree and the royal family themselves even know they and the triforce exist. Hylia is the goddess that was known to the people, and it's implied that it has always been a thing to worship her. That's what you get when you add new details to your lore in the earliest point in the timeline. You just gotta assume that all the new shit was just always there.

The Sheikah were banished, and took their tech with them. They've only just recently been allowed back into the kingdom, presumably with Rhoam.

They were all made by the sheikah to aid the hero in the fight against Ganon. Not sure what else you want there.

The Sheikah wove it for the hero. Might have been the garb of the original hero from 10,000 years ago, or they made it for the hero they knew would come next.

Koroks are forest spirits, they can change their form. Rito are basically their own race now, or the split in their evolution happened so long ago that there is nobody who still knows they used to be related to zoras. Either way it's like the whole Hylia thing, retconned to be something that was just always around, but we never saw before.

Sorry, Ganon fight is the only thing I haven't done yet, and I've been trying to stay pretty spoiler free. I know the triforce shows up but that's all I know.

Grand story is that a sci-fi Zelda happened 10,000 years ago, then 100 years ago Link had a cool adventure before he died, then they brought him back and he walked around in a wasteland for a bit before finally finishing what he started.
>>
>>171543758
Fuck. Well at least I don't have to worry about it fucking up the shrine.
>>
>tfw you've fought about only 5 Yiga niggas in over 130 hours of game time
>tfw you do Yiga hideout quest
>sneak around wearing sheikah set
>none of the enemies drop their weapons, except bowfags
>obtain no magical wind katana

What the fuck do I even do now? How do I get Yiga weapons?

Also why the fuck is there no Yiga armour?
>>
>>171543972
But Child Timeline killed Ganon. Downfall is the timeline where Ganon is encountered a whole lot of times, which ties in with the reincarnation thing
>>
>>171543972
>only other deities like the Great Deku tree and the royal family themselves even know they and the triforce exist.

Lol fuck off, the Royal Family uses the Triforce in downfall timeline and EVERYONE and their mothers got turned into animals when they tried to get to the corrupted sacred realm in Alttp

People know about the Golden power.

I'm not even bothering reading the rest of your retarded post arguing for child timeline stupidity
>>
>>171522941
You don't need to sell diamonds at all. You sell the 10 luminous, and you make what you would from selling 1 diamond PLUS another 200. Converting from Luminous to diamond is the same as paying 200 rupees. Just sell all of the gems you don't need and that's literally the most profitable way to go about it.

Except for the first time, when he gives you 2 diamond. Do that one.
>>
File: 1484116571073.jpg (20KB, 130x152px) Image search: [Google]
1484116571073.jpg
20KB, 130x152px
>URBOSA'S FURY IS READY
>>
>>171544078
They never perma kill ganon in the child timeline. Ganondorf dies in TP, then a NEW Ganondorf shows up for FSA, then he gets sealed and that's the end of the timeline. Either that one broke out or another one showed up, there is no permadeath in that timeline.

Downfall timeline also has no permadeaths, because they keep finding different rituals that would be able to bring him back. However I would argue that since it's still the first incarnation, just being revived, it really isn't the same as the curse of Demise coming back again. Like in that timeline it goes Demise---Ganondorf and that's IT. He never changes into anything else. In Child it has the extra step to Ganondorf number 2, and ultimately in BotW we know there is another step into Calamity Ganon, which appeared from nowhere and had no connection to Ganondorf.
>>
>>171544178
At the regular price 10 luminous stones is worth 700 and one diamond is worth 500, but what is the diamond selling price you get from the Gerudo in Goron Town?
>>
>>171544158
>Royal family uses the triforce in the downfall timeline

You mean like I said? Because the royal family knows about it? Exactly as I stated?

>EVERYONE and their mothers got turned into animals when they tried to get to the corrupted sacred realm in Alttp

From a backstory detailing how RUMORS spread about a golden power that could grant wishes. As in, the world didn't know about it, because the ROYAL FAMILY was keeping it a SECRET, but somewhere down the line it gets leaked through unknown methods. And then everybody goes on a treasure hunt for a treasure that they ONLY know grants wishes. They have no idea what it actually is or how it got there, and nobody in ANY game ever implies that they do, unless they are in or closely tied to the royal family or the divine.
>>
>>171544430
>which appeared from nowhere and had no connection to Ganondorf.

I thought BotW has Ganon Imprisoned in the Castle and just appears
>>
>>171522053
>Notice they never say Hylia

Uh... They say Hylia all over the place, my dude.
>>
>>171544651
in the story from 10,000 years ago they say it just showed up. And then 100 years before when he shows up again it was from under Hyrule castle, where he had been sealed. How he gets out and manages to corrupt all the guardians is unknown, but yeah he was under the castle in the boss chamber gathering strength. But when the calamity ORIGINALLY showed up, it is described as having just been the evil smoke, no human Ganondorf or minions performing a ritual. A brand new iteration of Demise's curse.
>>
>>171544706
Give me 6 examples
>>
>>171544796
So, he was imprisoned in the castle 10,000 years ago?
>>
>>171544843
There are more than six shrines mate
>>
>>171544042
The big guys show up again later in ambushes. They don't bother waiting for you to introduce yourself this time either.
Make sure you finish your combo if you want the big guys to drop their wind swords.
>>
>>171544430
Ruto never became a sage in the Child timeline tho
>>
>>171544872
Yes, at least according to the stories told by both Kass and Impa. The hero from the tapestry and the Princess at the time work together with the Guardians and kick his ass, then seal him in the Sheikah laboratory under the castle, presumably because it was the room with enough tech to keep him there. Maybe he studied the tech from inside the lab over those 10,000 years, and that's how he figured out how to corrupt them.
>>
>muh Hylia worship

Dude, these fuckers unearthed all sorts of shit most likely along with the ancient Guardians and Divine beasts

More likely than not, they discovered stuff about Hylia

Which prompted a newfound faith in her for a while

Also we are never told how long it is between when the Guardians are found and when Calamity Ganon pops up

It could have been 50 years easily, meaning there's enough time for a new goddess to start being worshipped. In any case, as you can see from the Gerudo town statue, people are already forgetting about her.
>>
>>171544872
Yeah, he was sealed there, and somehow figured how to control the divine beasts from there before he got out
>>
Should I go to Hyrule Castle, collect the 2 memories there and go to Impa?
>>
>>171545131
Sure.
The only down side is having the cool "this is the final stand" cutscene play way before the time you actually go to fight Ganon.
>>
>>171544942
There are two child timelines, in essence:

1- the canonical timeline of the WORLD, starting in Skyward sword, making it's way to the point where Link returns to at the end of OoT, and then continuing on through to FSA. In this concept of the timeline, almost NONE of the events of OoT actually occur. It's unclear how far back he was sent, but based on the Deku Tree we see in BotW I'll bet it was back to before the game even started. Either way yes Ruto was never awakened.

2- The timeline of events perceived by link the hero of time within that world. Even though the entire game never happened in that timeline, OoT Link still experienced all of it. This includes Ruto becoming a sage.

So OoT Link has an extended memory of time, knowing of events that never happened, but he witnessed. And as the Hyrule Historia confirms, he TELLS this story to Zelda and the king. Meaning the royal family knew of Ruto becoming a sage, which is technically something that did have to happen in order for Link to make the child timeline happen. So while Ruto never did become a sage, the story that she did become one exists.
>>
>>171525409
I like to think that Hyrule is like Lordran/Lothric and spacetime is all fucked.
>>
I love it. All you have to do to start hundreds of post worth of discussion is ask where BotW goes on the timeline.
>>
Hey I want to see some colors y'all chose for the 'of the Wild' set! Please :)
>>
T I M E F U C K E R Y
>>
>>171545220
I already got too close to the castle once and a little cutscene played with Smoke Ganon flying around

Got a black Royal Guard weapon, fought a Talus and left
>>
CHRONAL DISTORTION INCREASING
PREPARE FOR EMERGENCY WARP
THIS COULD GET ROUGH
>>
>>171526053
Vah medoh IS just an easter egg, because they have the rito, but the other three are named after OoT sages. If the rito had existed in that game then they could have had a sage name to use, but they didn't so they couldn't. Only thing to do was name it after the most well known rito from WW, despite not being canonically relevant.

Koroks are in fact just easter eggs, Aonuma said so himself. They thought that koroks meshed well with the art style, so they added them. They have no relation to the actual game, 100% confirmed fact. You literally cannot use the koroks as an argument.

Rito are another story, but since they share almost no physical relation the the ones from WW, and also don't have ANY lore about their origins being associated with the zora, it is more likely that they are a RETCON, not a connection to the adult timeline.
>>
>>171545518
>Koroks are in fact just easter eggs, Aonuma said so himself. They thought that koroks meshed well with the art style, so they added them. They have no relation to the actual game, 100% confirmed fact. You literally cannot use the koroks as an argument.

This is the single, most retarded sentence to have ever been written on 4chan ever.

And you know just how many pics reddit has about retarded shit from here
>>
>>171545258
God fucking damn, this is why I love timeline fuckery. It's like Barry fucking with the timeline and getting Bruce's dad as the Batman
>>
>>171545627
http://www.zeldainformer.com/aonuma-talks-about-what-inspired-the-graphics-for-breath-of-the-wild/

>It is actually a graphic point of view that the two are very similar, but if you talk about the scenario, to be frank, there is no particular connection between these two games. Graphically, it was much simpler for us to work on the basics of the graphical elements of Wind Waker.

He literally, 100% unequivocally states that they chose elements from Wind Waker ONLY because they worked well with the style of game they were making. The Koroks were NOT added because it is a sequel to Wind Waker, but because they looked good in this new Hyrule. That's it.
>>
>>171545983
>but if you talk about the scenario, to be frank, there is no particular connection between these two games.

For the scenario, little kid's sister is kidnapped so he joins a band of pirates and saves the world. Read shit in context, the man is talking about the artstyle, not the overall lore of Zelda.
>>
>>171545983
You realize that's the justification behind literally every single aspect of every Zelda game right? They add things because it looks good not because it fits in with some autistic timeline nonsense.

Then the fans connect the similar elements into "timelines" and since they don't want to offend their audiences they go "yeah great observation there kid!" Proof is the fact that they just recently fucked all the timelines in an official book. They don't know or care about timelines, all they want is to make more Zelda games they just want to include whatever they think looks neat in each one.

If you want to theorize about timelines that's fine, but it makes no sense to dismiss timeline connections because of artistic choice. Artistic choice is the only reason anything is in any Zelda game, not timelines.
>>
>hateno is huge
>kakariko is big enough I guess
>Gerudo city is huge as shit
>Goron town is ok
>Rito is small
>Zora is alright, but looks fuckhuge

>Kokiri forest from 64 is bigger than Korok forest in BotW

What the fuck?
>>
>>171546523
They lost a lot of wood in the Calamity.
>>
>>171546223
The question being asked literally cites koroks as a returning element from the game, and is asking if things like that have any sort of timeline connection. The answer is no, they are merely superficial. The 'scenario' is the term used for timeline here.

>>171546403
There is more to the story than that and you know there is. Maybe at first when games were simple the story was pretty much something they put zero thought into whatsoever, but ever since Ocarina of Time is is clear that they are tied together. Nintendo has stated several times that they design the gameplay and world first, then build a story around it. It is a stage of the design process that they perform, not some shit they don't do anything with and just let fans make it all up.

Koroks were added as a design choice, not a story choice. In both games. They designed little forest critters to fit in the toon world of Wind Waker, then wrote a story saying they were the elf people from the other forest. Now they brought them back, not because the game was connected to Wind Waker, but because they looked good in the world. Then they added the story element of, well actually they didn't add any story to them at all. They're just there. But end of the day they aren't there for any story reason at all.
>>
>>171546523
Talk to the Koroks inside the Deku Tree, they explain that small space is more than enough for them due to their small size. They're talking about the shops in the Deku Tree but I imagine the same applies to their whole forest. They don't need a lot of space, they're small.

Plus none of them seem to have houses, which the Kokiri children all did.
>>
File: 246.jpg (59KB, 520x312px) Image search: [Google]
246.jpg
59KB, 520x312px
Beyond the lab, is there any other place I can get Ancient Arrows?
>>
>>171547743
Reliably no, but there are a few inside of a few chests.
>>
>>171547743
Guardian amiibo

also Beedle gave me one once
>>
they made ancient arrows too scarce
i have never used one

and even though i have hundreds of ancient parts they still feel too finite to use under any circumstances

are they as powerful as the npc's claim?
>>
>>171548241
They kill all non-guardian enemies in 1 hit. Literally suck them into another dimension. No item drops though, so it's only a last resort when you're getting shit on, not for standard fighting.

On guardian enemies they do a shit ton of damage, but aren't guaranteed to 1-hit unless you hit them in the eye.
>>
>>171548241
Ancient arrows oneshot all guardians if you hit them in the eye
>>
File: 1484722914.jpg (371KB, 2022x2775px) Image search: [Google]
1484722914.jpg
371KB, 2022x2775px
the only zelda games i've played are "link between worlds" and OoT3D (no ninty growing up). i was saving MM3D for a later date.

i now have a wii u; i'm planning to play twilight princess HD, wind waker HD, skyward sword, and hyrule warriors before BotW.

do playing these games enrich BotW, or should i just skip these for now?
>>
>>171548528
don't play MM3D it's fucking trash
Play the original
unless you're a filthy casual
>>
>>171548528
BotW's whole deal was tossing out all the built-up traditions of the series and going back to its roots. I don't think it matters what order you play them.
>>
>>171548565
>MM3D it's fucking trash
it isn't
>>
>>171548565
but why?

>>171548598
i guess i don't understand the lore. is link just an archetypal warrior not bound by space-time, which is why he has so many different childhoods? will BotW's story be any deeper if i play its predecessors?
>>
>>171548789
He's kind of bound into a cycle of resurrection. The story plays out over and over forever, but each time with a different Link and a different Zelda. Sometimes a different bad guy too.
>>
>>171548528
Playing those games will make certain story elements have additional meaning. However, none of it is required, and honestly it will just complicate things if you try to piece it all together. Just play it whenever you want, it's far enough detached from the rest of the series that you can enjoy it without even knowing what a Zelda is
>>
>>171548789
It's not the same Link. It's the soul of the hero that re-cycles into existence when he is needed, same with the soul of Zelda.
>>
>>171548913
but what if zelda was afuta?
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94(44).jpg (432KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C94(44).jpg
432KB, 1280x720px
https://my.mixtape.moe/ioiame.jpg

I absolutely hate these interactive maps that you can't seem to check anything off on (Or you need an account to do it), just add, and they constantly take forever to zoom in or out so I made a bashed up Korok Seed map from ZeldaMaps for those of you who actually want to go at the whole 900 and need a proper checklist like I do. Apparently they're the only site with all of them as ZeldaUniverse is still doing the community thing and having one guy manually check everything so they're at like 850.

Please excuse all the sloppy nonsense like those one or two black lines scattered around, that's because their legend (Which you can't disable or minimize) produces some sort of shadow like 8 pixels down so I couldn't care any less to fix it completely but it still works. For the ones with a number by them you would have to zoom in to the maximum to find them and it would have taken like six hours so if you really need the placement just go to the site.
>>
>>171549395
i hate your name
>>
>>171537420
OoT of time established Kakariko as being a Sheikah village that Impa opened up to Hylians later. The Sheikah have always had a ninja theme so they changed the aesthetics of the village to be more Japanese because now only Sheikah live there. No, the names of the villages should not have been switched, the windmill thing just transferred to Hateno.
>>
I unironically want to see a Science Fantasy aesthetic Legend of Zelda in the future.
>>
File: IMG_0045.png (221KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0045.png
221KB, 600x446px
>Not a clear sequel to any previous Zelda game
>Small refrences to pretty much every game in the series
>Trying to convince each other that it was all carefully planned out to fit with the official canon

Will lorefags ever learn?
>>
>>171550043
c o m b i n e d t i m e l i n e
>>
>all the talk about all past legends being lost to history
>they are all just legends now
That's your fucking timeline.
LoZ - a legend
LoZ 2 - a legend
Awakening - a legend
Oracles - a legend
the GBA games - legends
OoT/MM - legends
WW/SS/TP - legends
the DS games - legends

That's all there is to it in this universe. All those are just legends now
>>
>>171550043
>>171550297
Some people find this fun.
>>
>>171550043
They won't learn any time soon. The timelinefags and lorefags are the super fans and Nintendo knows they better keep enabling them. I wonder how many "Koroks were originally Hylians" tier retcons it's gonna take before they wake up though.
>>
>>171550297
They are called The Legend of Zelda for something after all.
>>
>>171550393
The parallels between the Kokiri and the Koroks are obvious and it isn't necessary to flesh out their exact connection. I mean, that's how this works. It's all legends.
>>
everything about this game was so good damn great until you reach the escort mission with the colossal faggot that the goro nigger
>>
>>171550737
Your eloquence is simply astounding, anonymous. Please expound further upon your trials and tribulations.
>>
>>171550737
The game doesn't punish you too hard if you just sprint to the cannons.
>>
>>171550737
>escort mission where the guy you're escorting is immortal and only moves when you want him to
>remotely challenging.

>>171550886
You can also just leave him there, kill all the enemies really easily, then go back and run through all the cannons with no trouble at all.
>>
>>171524256
I know that
>hurr redditfags
but you should check out this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/6092l7/spoilers_okay_lets_sort_out_this_timeline_once/

Basically, there's evidence for and against EVERY timeline.
>>
>>171551058
I mean, if he gets caught you stand to take a bunch of damage.
It's an escort mission where you're the escort
>>
>>171545518
>Vah medoh IS just an easter egg
You're fucking hilarious. An 1/4 of the Divine Beasts is just an easter egg guys.
>Only thing to do was name it after the most well known rito from WW
You aren't wrong.

The only issue here is you downright braindead refusal to accept convergence and shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>171550737
that was easy
>>
>>171524360
Rain becomes more likely the longer your play session is.

Maybe your timer ticked over from "a reasonable amount of time" to "go outside, the parents groups are on our ass again"?
>>
>>171549395
hey are you moose from /khg/

also thanks for the map
>>
>>171524360
yeah I did that on some rocks, did some jumping, kinda like a rain dance, then boom thunder storm
>>
File: 1435279151008.png (88KB, 498x246px) Image search: [Google]
1435279151008.png
88KB, 498x246px
Lads, I have a fuck ton of Gems, glow rock and amber. Should I sell them or do I need them?
>>
Anyone ever killed farosh above the Gerudo highlands. This fucker is too high up in the air
>>
>>171528765
>Phased out due to being too similar to octoroks, same as river zora.
There's a simple fix here.
>Water octos live in water
>Land octos walk around on the land like in the 2D Zeldas
>River Zora can fuck off
>Deku Scrubs sell you shit
>>
File: 1489996844918[1].png (1MB, 1500x801px) Image search: [Google]
1489996844918[1].png
1MB, 1500x801px
I like these comics
>>
>>171552043
you can kill them?
>>
>>171552043
>he thinks he can slay the dragon
This ain't skyrim, buddy
>>
>>171552148
it that the BOTW Zelda picture everyone is going with for these things?
>>
>>171529653
Yes.
Darknuts especially, although I need Deku Babas and Kargoroks.

And actual Stalfos.

Not to mention more world bosses.
Those Great Fairy Fountains look so much like Hyrule Warriors' version of Manhandla, it seems crazy that there's no fountain-mimics that attack us after we try to activate them.

A Gohma that chases us through the forest, knocking down trees and shit would be baller as fuck. Remember the Twilight Princess trailer? I want that in-game.
>>
>>171531352
I think they respawn when the area resets (like if you enter an interior and leave)

But the game doesn't like it if you have too many fairies. I only saw one fairy when I had two in my inventory, and now that I have three, I never see them anywhere.
>>
>>171531979
Wolf meat with a side of snails.
Mmm.
>>
File: 1489998613378[1].png (1MB, 1500x801px) Image search: [Google]
1489998613378[1].png
1MB, 1500x801px
>>171552282
yep
>>
So Kiltons location is randon between every town or something? I already talked to him at skull lake and hes gone now. But now I can't find this nigger anywhere.
>>
>>171544706
I can't legitimately off the top of my head and I don't have the game with me, but every fucking shrine for example. And when you try to register any other animal than a horse at the stable, if you want a time from the common folk of the game.
>>
>>171552043
>>171552473
get out yiga
>>
>>171523865
Mipha had to spend 100 years being tortured by Waterblight while waiting for Link to wake up. 60 years without Waterblight should be easy in comparison.
>>
File: 1489996275826[1].png (1MB, 1500x801px) Image search: [Google]
1489996275826[1].png
1MB, 1500x801px
>>171552671
no
>>
>>171552148
Do they have a name?
>>
>>
>>
I haven't even touched the game yet. I just want to know something before I get into the game.

Is the Hylian Shield in the game? Is it breakable? Can I repair items? Are there more than one Hylian Shield? Is there a way to make items more durable?

I just really like the Hylian Shield and want to use it for the whole game.
>>
>>171553403
>Is the Hylian Shield in the game?
yes
>Is it breakable?
yes
>Can I repair items?
no
>Are there more than one Hylian Shield?
yes
>Is there a way to make items more durable?
no

You can get it early if you want, but you'll have to do a quest line if you break it. It takes a long time to break though.
>>
>>171553403
>Is the Hylian Shield in the game?
Yes
>Is it breakable?
Yes
>Can I repair items?
No
>Are there more than one Hylian Shield?
Yes
>Is there a way to make items more durable?
No
>>
>>171553403
Yes, yes, some, sort of, no.
>>
>>171553403
Easy to get it (it's from a chest), so you can get it early if you git gud. It has tons of durability but eventually breaks. The con will be that in order to get another one after you get the one from the chest, you have to do the whole tarrytown NPC quest chain, arguably the longest quest chain in the game and requires a lot of exploration.

So, basically, you can get one and use it, but once you break it you might have to go without one for a bit until you progress further.
>>
>>171551947
Sell the amber, but upgrading the radiant armor takes fucktons of luminous ore
>>
>>171553497
>>171553503
>>171553505
>>171553583
Thanks. Kinda weird that they would make it destructible when it was indestructible in SS but I guess it makes sense.
>>
Because of the durability system (or lack of durability really, things just break too quickly), Remote bombs are pretty much my go to weapon.

Anything red? Bombs. A large group that I'm sure to break at least 3 weapons on and get garbage in return? Go above them, bombs. Chuus or wolves or Kreese? Bombs.

It sucks but with even the master sword "breaking" I don't want to waste weapons on shit that won't give me anything decent in return.
>>
>>171553747
The Hylian shield was never anything special tho right? Link just bought it from a regular shop iirc
>>
Anybody who complains about the durability system is a fucking child. The game literally THROWS weapons at you. If you run out, that's your own fault.
>>
>>171553864
you had to do all that shit to get it from that dragon in Skyward Sword
>>
File: My Floodgates when.jpg (13KB, 200x282px) Image search: [Google]
My Floodgates when.jpg
13KB, 200x282px
BotW is pretty gud so far. I think the Gerudo Desert has lots of cool places. There's those ruins sparsed here and there, the Highlands off to the side, and the large patches of dunes as far as the eye can see. It feels like a fairly legit place as far as worldbuilding goes (as does most areas in the game), I just wish there were one or two more towns sprinkled out there to make it feel like there's something other than Gerudo out there.

I've only done half the dungeons so far (water bitch and sand bitch). I think of the two, Naboris was a bit better. It wasn't a great dungeon by any means (I don't think any of the beasts will be judging by how simple these first two were), but it's sated my lust for Zelda puzzles.

Of the two fights though, I think they're both excellente. I'm not talking about Bitch Ganon #1 and #2, I'm talking about the fight to get INTO the Divine Beasts. They're such tense moments and even though they're not REALLY that difficult they get you pumped up especially since you've got a buddy, which makes it feel like Link isn't the be-all end-all champ; even he needs some help along the way, and working together with whichever hero that culture has is awesome.
>>
>>171553583
I completed Tarrey Town. I can get unlimited Hylian Shields?
>>
>>171553912
You bought it for 80 rupees in OoT tho
>>
>>171553963
>>171553912

You could also just get it for free out of one of the graves in Kakariko.
>>
>>171553994
I think the only reason it became special was because Link used it. Other than that, it was an ordinary shield used by the Hylian Knights, as said in OoT
>>
>>171553925
Congrats. The other two are downhill from here.
>>
>>171554067
It specifically got Link's loft wing on the crest
>>
>>171554083
I've heard poor things about Rito, but nobodies talking about the Goron's. I had high hopes for my stone bros, but that is a bit disappointing to hear.
>>
>>171554156
>but nobodies talking about the Goron's

Because it's incredibly forgettable. Like, even the side character. And Daruk is just Darunia 2.0

Basically the entire Goron section is so bad no one even remembers it.
>>
File: Trapeze-02-spin.gif (450KB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
Trapeze-02-spin.gif
450KB, 240x135px
>Wailing on the Guardian Stalker in the labyrinth to the Tu Ka'loh Shrine with an awakened Master Sword

god that was cathartic
>>
If Zelda's whole character arc revolves around inability to use sealing magic why does she do it at the end no problem?

I'm assuming it's because all three owners of the Triforce were present, but still, seems a bit arbitrary.
>>
>>171553713
Well, upgrading the amber earrings also takes a ton of amber.
Which is pretty decent given the other heavy armor hats requires hinox guts or star fragment
>>
File: 1258671827775.gif (952KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1258671827775.gif
952KB, 350x280px
>Savage Lynel weapons are stronger than even the Royal weapons in Hyrule Castle

w-what's the catch
>>
>>171554263
The memories cover this; she wasn't getting it because she was forced to do it "the traditional way".
She awakened her powers in order to save Link from death.
>>
>>171554338
lame
>>
>>171554330
That you have to fight Lynels to get them?
>>
>>171539760
No kidding, I was hoping each great fairy would have unique appearance based on the great fairies from previous games. Originally I hoped for TP or HW appearance.

Instead we got this thick old too-much-makeup and terrible hair women
>>
>>171534062
he said male gerudo
>>
>>171554386
I just murdered like 7 White Manes to get materials for my Barbian Armor, I'd murder a hundred more because they're one of my favorite fights in the game.
>>
>>171554385
That's sort of the tragedy of the King.
He kept forcing Zelda into her role and stifling her growth causing her to not realize her powers until it was well too late.
The entire Calamity is solely the King's fault.
>>
>>171554083
But Salamander is better than the Elephant and Bird.
>>
>>171554220
Death Mountain and the DB were great. Yunobo was shit.
>>
At what time to Stalhinox spawn?
I am literally standing ontop of it and its 2am already.
>>
>>171553786
autist. shits drops literally every fucking where
>>
>>171554850
From my experience they don't get up when you are near.
Either walk away and come back or save and reload.
It's kinda shitty.
>>
>>171521607
This is me, and I feel like I have to add my own opinions as well.

Before the game came out, I was all for convergence. During the game, I had a strong opinion that it has to be downfall and all those other references were easter eggs, "fun" mentions and ambiguous stuff that could be explained either way, like Koroks and Ritos.

Then I did the stone wall quest in Zora kingdom. Ruto is recognized as a sage. This isn't a funny reference anymore. I'm back to convergence. I DO NOT LIKE IT. We get no explanations, but it is what it is. Everything that happened before in all other games found their way into this one. Whatever put the timelines together did it more than the 10000 years ago. Maybe the Sheikah did it. How? Time magic but other than that, no idea. Why? No idea. They had the technology. They did stuff no one else could do later. Maybe it was another attempt of getting control over the calamity and again one that didn't work out that well.

This is also what I meant with shrines and guardians. They buried the guardians, but not for later use. They were meant to stay down there. Everything that was meant to be used later was capable of reemerging by itself, like the towers and the shrines. The guardian project was scrapped, but the king of the present didn't notice. I think they realized after the incident from 10000 years ago that guardians are no solution against Ganon. They created the shrines after that to work out a better way. One that assists the hero "system" that did the job before they tried to replace it with SCIENCE.

The armor of the wild symbolizes the concession that not everything can be controlled. Some shit needs to run its course, despite sci-fi levels of technology.

>>171522053
They say Hylia quite often.

>>171522226
All the statues are of Hylia. They kind of shoved her everywhere they could. The old goddesses are almost forgotten and neglected, like the great fairies. Even the Zora pray to her.
>>
File: IMG_0048.gif (240KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.gif
240KB, 400x400px
>>171553864
>The Hylian Shield was the standard shield you got at the shop a few hours in
>Now it's the ultimate shield you get for completing a lategame boss rush sidequest or find in the final dungeon
>>
>>171522608
No. I never ever fast travelled. It was nerve wrecking, but glorious.
>>
HYRULE WARRIORS

CONVERGES CHILD AND ADULT TIMELINES
AND ISN'T MANHANDLA FROM A DOWNFALL TIMELINE?

HYRULE WARRIORS IS CANON AND CONVERGED THE TIMELINES
>>
>>171555318
>the stupid musou game is canon
>the stupid musou game converged the timelines
fuck that shit, my autism will explode if that's the case
>>
>>171555230
It only means that the Hylian blacksmiths were geniuses, and the knights were well equipped.
>>
>random out of place stone
>korok

Every fucking time.
>>
>>171530090
Dunno where you got your degree senpai but water isn't conducive enough for that Olympic swimming pool scenario the other anon envisioned.
>>
>>171530778
Best fun is
>disarm an enemy
>attach an octoballoon to the weapon before they can get it back
>>
>>171555318
Hyrule Warriors falls out of the timeline
>>
File: 278267207752876032.png (22KB, 128x127px) Image search: [Google]
278267207752876032.png
22KB, 128x127px
>go to Lake Hylia because I need a shard of Farosh's horn
>wait for him to approach
>soar into the air like a majestic eagle
>aim
>shoot
>BULLSEYE
>keep an eye on the shard as it lands bang on the bridge (NOICE)
>get zapped
>fall in the water below the bridge
>it starts raining
>>
File: purah zelda botw 11.jpg (85KB, 684x1000px) Image search: [Google]
purah zelda botw 11.jpg
85KB, 684x1000px
Posting this lil ass bitch cuz shes the best fuckin' girl.
>>
>>171556618
SNAP!
>>
>>171556618
on the inside she's an old granny who's insecure how to act and on top wears a fucking schoolbag to fit in.
>>
>>171556618
How do you do, fellow kids?
>>
>>171556585
I tried to get a Dinraal in the northern badlands but the piece flew off into the endless abyss off the edge of the universe
>>
>>171537505
Agreed.
I only wish that Gorons got the same lore treatment that Zora, Gerudo and Sheikah got.

I want a history of the Gorons (like the Ruto slab), or better yet, an explanation of where the fuck baby Gorons even come from.

I want to say that they're literally carved from stone, but I just want SOMETHING.
>>
>korks just set in in the middle of hyrule castle

they give no fuck
>>
>>171538442
So you can see where collectables are without squinting your eyes.

Also because they're physics-able.
>>
>>171544547
550 each diamond
>>
>>171556618
Grown woman or 6 year old child, you decide
>>
I am standing on the blood moon shrine socket
wth am I supposed to do here
Hint?
>>
>>171557401
ask the bird dude
>>
>>171556715
>>171556820

Yeah I think a few folks misunderstood her "act." I guess that's what happens when I read dumb shit on TVtropes though. They've got her painted factually as mentally regressed. Granted I suppose she does come off that way to an extrent, even by her own admission in her journal, but then she makes it plainly obvious that it's all bullshit she's doing to try and fit in as a child since she doesn't want anyone to realize she's actually an old woman who had a science experiment go a little bit too ''right'' on her and tends to mumble here and there about whether or not her act is up to standards with todays youth.

Weirder still is that Robbie's wife seems to know her token "GENKI" pose with hang gesture when you talk to her, cause she does an impression of Purah. However, it's made clear that no one has seen Purah in ages, so I guess that's something she must've done even before she was a child.
>>
>>171557450
Oh I got it. Checked the english quest text.
German was kinda ambiguous
>>
>>171556445

Yeah, Aonuma said Hyrule Warriors was similar to American Comic books. Like a seperate universe. Canon in it's own universe but separate to the normal Zelda one.
>>
>these timelins theories and discussion
I kind of get it that you like to think about possible links between the games.
But don't you realize after like 20 games that there is no fucking connection at all.
They reuse the same names and places and such because it's the same universe and franchise.
But there is no Land Hyrule which is always the same but only the people change or some shit.
Jesus christ.
>>
Guys, how do I use magnesis to bring items TOWARDS me? I've played like a hundred hours and I saw someone do it on a stream whereas I've always had a problem where objects always stay the same distance from me that they were when I picked them up
>>
>>171556445
Well, yeah. That's the point. HW isn't part of any of the three timelines.
Because it's the start of the fourth.
>>
>>171557885

Down on the d-pad on switch. Probably simialr on wii u.
>>
>>171557636
Except that's how multiverse theory works.
Splits in the timeline create new universes.

That's why Hyrule Warriors says Wind Waker is part of another dimension, but treats Twilight Princess like historical fact. Cuz it branches into the fourth timeline after TP.
>>
Hey guys! I have enough money for ~3 amiibos, which ones should I get for the most in-game benefits?
>>
File: f.png (559KB, 1051x1228px) Image search: [Google]
f.png
559KB, 1051x1228px
>>171528053

Eyebrows are painted on, hair is very likely dyed, probably just tan rather than naturally that skin tone plus all the Gerudo call him a Hylian Vai so doesn't have Gerudo features
>>
>>171558282
save your money and buy another game or something.
>>
>>171558301
Yeah he's too short and no abs
>>
>>171557881
Arguments like yours get posted again and again. They sum up to "don't bother, it's too complicated".
The places change, but previous events matter. BotW shows us that Nintendo easily likes to put more than 10000 years between games. It would be strange if places stay the same somehow.

Nintendo themselves made the effort to fix up a timeline. They built up a chronology in the games. TP and WW happen after OoT, but not in the same timeline. This is not speculation. All post OoT games build on it, even those that were published before.

This is how they make their games. You may not like it and you're totally free to ignore it. But others see value in figuring out the connections. They are there.
>>
>>171557913
>>171558124

I'd prefer to think that there is only one timeline, with HW being out of it
>>
File: schnozz.png (850KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
schnozz.png
850KB, 1366x768px
>>171558379

Seems to lack the schnozz as well
>>
>>171558472
why is OoT always the first one
>>
>>171558582
But SS is the first one.
>>
is it only me or does this game feel real shallow after like 50 hours? i'm not trying to pretend like i didn't enjoy those 50 hours but i have about half the shrines left and i just don't see why i should bother with them really. they don't give any real reward and i've seen probably 80% of what the game has to offer

feels kind of weird.
>>
>>171558853
I felt the same way too. I just ended up killing Ganon and calling it quits after that. Had fun with the game, though.
>>
>>171558987
i did a bunch of other stuff and i had fun exploring for a while but i dont really feel the need to find everything. especially because that completion meter is basically useless.

oh well. at least it was great while it lasted. still not sure why it feels that way after a while though
>>
>page 10
New thread when?
>>
>>171559049
I blame the writing, it wasn't very compelling. In the end, I didn't care about any of the characters, except the ones who were already dead and ended up getting only a little screen time as a result. That and the memories being optional was really weird too.
>>
>>171558582
OoT Zelda really, really fucked shit up out of good intentions.
>>
>>171559238
This doesnt explain the fallen hero timeline
>>
>>171559148
Nintendo's always had an...odd relationship with story based games. Especially when it comes to first party games.
>>
>>171557958
Thank you very much. Not knowing about that was probably half of the struggle I had with all the magnesis puzzles in the game.
>>
>>171559321
it literally has the controls on the screen...
>>
>>171559282
Sending link into the future led to him dying in the last battle. Zelda's actions, again.
>>
>>171559504
I'm playing with the Pro HUD. The game is much better for me that way but I never get any indication of what the controls are.
>>
>>171559580
well as long as you know that's your fault i guess that's fine
>>
>>171558745
Why is there a possible other ending for OoT but not for other games?
Seems weird
>>
>>171555183
But Ruto was a sage in Downfall.
>>
>>171559695
OoT is the first game on the timeline where Ganon(dorf) shows up to cause shit since Demise in SS. I guess they just went with that to fit in all the games that rely on Ganon being the tits and all that.
>>
New thread

>>171560120
>>
>>171554969

Yeah mostly bokoblin trash though. and chuus and keese and wolves drop nothing.
Thread posts: 807
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.